[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 767
Thread images: 102

File: hey dude let me in.jpg (265KB, 915x1077px) Image search: [Google]
hey dude let me in.jpg
265KB, 915x1077px
Kosmic fairy edition

>>143938684

>Patch 1.09 Info
http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
http://www.bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
http://www.bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:http://imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
http://pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
http://pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
http://pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
http://pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
http://ssjnugget.imgur.com
>>
File: 57847547.jpg (307KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
57847547.jpg
307KB, 500x500px
1st for tentacle rape is the best spell
>>
File: Bloodborne _20151014175845.png (699KB, 833x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne _20151014175845.png
699KB, 833x1080px
>this is what Iosefka fags get off to
>>
File: autism.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
autism.webm
3MB, 640x360px
1st for retarded ludwig webm spam
>>
File: 1446761218438.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1446761218438.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>144106162
>>144106791
Yeah I don't think /bbg/s fc has anything going on like that.
It really feels like I'm dealing with the ssb mentality in the bb community.
Like this guy >>144106419 which gave me a few laughs but its so true!
>>
Any glyphs with Bastards of Loran in Chests on Layer 1?
>>
Reminder that Loranon's theories have mostly been proven right:

>Cainhursts are the last of the Pthumerian Royalty
Proven by Maria and her heritage/abilities
>Loran is part of the Pthumeru civilization and also part of the chalice labyrinth below Yharnam
Was always clearly and obviously confirmed by the game
>Fauxsefka is a Cainhurst
Was always obvious and confirmed by in-game evidence. Only further solidified by DLC.

Insecure morons who shitposted about him are looking pretty dumb right about now.
>>
Well I just bought a lost HMS, where can I find some good arcane gems for it?
>>
>>144107829
Holy fuck I've been forever and he still isn't stopping.

Why man? Whyyyy?!

If you're really loreanon I would love it if you wrote a paper and sent it to FROM asking for validation.
>>
>>144107591
Most people come to bbg fc to avoid the average mensis heal/bma fest
>>
File: 1435626507334.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1435626507334.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>144107847

>>144106668
>>http://pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr
>>
>>144107591
>>144108014
Some options might be nice if enough people are interested
>>
>>144108014
Id just like to see the bbg guys fight as dirty as possible.
I believe it'll give us many laughs.
>>
>>144107938
>he still isn't stopping.
Why would I? The facts are on my side. All that's ever happened is that I was rude to people who responded to my arguments with half-assed deflections. The facts were always on my side. Even the first argument that generated my nickname, people even admitted back then, that I was in the right but acting like a dick.
>>
>>144108145
The fc community is pretty small as is, I'd like to do a weekend where we try healing but casual bma use is asscancer
>>
>>144108273
and the samefaggotry is revealed

fuck off; nobody cares about you
>>
>>144108273
dude if you're so confident send that shit in or something and upload their reply.

I don't know if you can apply the word facts to this fictional entertainment product.

DESU unless Miyazaki comes out and says " man this crazy gaijin piggu's essay is right on the money. " everything is up to interpretation.
>>
>>144108416
There was never any attempt at deception Sherlock.

>nobody cares
I beg to differ: they cared enough to spout memes and shout down legitimate lore discussions.
>>
>>144107829
>Fauxsefka is a Cainhurst

this gets brought up every so often, but calling someone "a Cainhurst" is linguistically bankrupt. You can say they're of cainhurst origin, or "cainhurstian" or whatever the fuck, but calling them "a cainhurst" is akin to calling a spaniard "a spain".

also the first and third theories are bullshit.
>>
>>144108350
Dont be afraid of my bma repeater with 50 bt man :^]

...unless you want to see a little more...
*unzips chicago
>>
>>144107487
how do you keep the weapon doing that animation?
i know i just never asked or tried enough
>>
File: vilebloodsdidnothingwrong.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vilebloodsdidnothingwrong.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>144108650
,,,,,,,heh,,,,,,who do u think ur talkin to,,,,,
>>
>>144108504
They wouldn't respond even if I was on the money.
> everything is up to interpretation.
My interpretations incorporate the largest variety of evidence and proof with the simplest most logical explanations.

Wanna know something that gives me a lot of confidence in my ideas? I see shitloads of other people coming to the same conclusions with the same evidence. I've seen it in discussions on /v/ and elsewhere. I'm only following a common sense consensus.
>>
>>144108273
you aren't loranon. he was a half-decent writer and your shit seems very evidently imitative
>>
>>144108350
Yeah that's fair enough bma looks pretty disgusting
>>
>>144108705
It's really easy and telegraphed for like 38 seconds

if you cant do it you must be retarded

i gfet laid all the time
>>
>>144108705
hold L2
>>
>>144108752
You got time for a fight with reiter and bma repeater?

don't forget the bullets.

ITS GON GET ALL NEO UP IN HURR
>>
>>144108795
Honestly the main reason healing gets shot down, other than how it elongates fights, is that in an fc there isn't a good system to host 1v1s so the 1v1 you get is host vs invader and the health cut makes the invader heal for less than the host.
>>
>>144107829
>fauxsefka give us numbing mists so she's obviously from cainhurst!

meanwhile we find numbing mists laying around cathedral ward. "closely guarded secret of the nobles" my ass
>>
>>144108767
Dude just try it at worst they send a canned corporate reply which is funny in itself.

Eh i think you're wasting your time trying to convince people of this.

For all we know miyazaki threw cool looking shit into a bucket and out came bb while pretending he actually has a coherant story in his head.
>>
>>144108795
>>144108919

If you guys had a real fc with defiled rite on everyone would be on the same level without blood bullets. Dunno why you guys catering to the folks who can't even beat the chalice dungeons to get max gems.
>>
we need a new DLC or something
>>
>>144109113
>can smell the moon on you
>only the whore and the queen of cainhurst smell the same thing on you
>has the summons
It's open and shut anon. She's also the only one directly tied to Mists. The rest may just be things dropped by agents of Cainhurst.

>>144109152
I'm not even really here to convince people. This was more of a smug "told ya so" post than anything.
>>
File: 50vitand2runesisnotamemekids.webm (946KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
50vitand2runesisnotamemekids.webm
946KB, 1280x720px
>>144109320
If everything was defiled we'd all die in one bma shot or chikage unzip
I mean people die in one unzip at full hp but only if they're not built for pvp
>>
>>144109367
Gascoigne's daughter can smell you too
>>
>>144109541
Same goes for the real Iosefka.
>>
>>144108874
guess i should have been hitting someone when i tried that
>>
>>144109367
dude you crazay
send in that letter

JUST DO IT

>>144109507
I'd die in one charged r2 from any maxed weapon and people should be familiar with how wary to be of Chikage users by now.
>>
Alright, normally I don't say this sort of thing because I like /bbg/, but if people are seriously considering healing and BMA in fight clubs, it's time to shut down.
>>
>>144109541
But she can't smell the moon on you. Those three all specifically comment on a unique odor. Two of them mention the moon and one of them says it's not the smell of blood or beast.
Fauxsefka
>Ah, moonlit scents....How did you worm your way in here?
Annalise
> Visitor… Moon-scented hunter… I am Annalise, Queen of Castle Cainhurst.
Arianna
>Oh, my, what a queer scent... But I'd take it over the stench of blood and beasts any day.
This one is less clear, but we already know she's Cainhurst. Remember, it's specifically NOT the smell of blood or beasts. Probably the moon.
>>
>>144109367
>can smell the moon on you

what does this have to do with cainhurst?

>only the whore and the queen of cainhurst smell the same thing on you

tons of NPCs comment on your scent. Annalise and Fauxsefka are the only ones that recognize it.

>has the summons

you mean she has YOUR summons? because it's ours. she or the minister may have lifted off the player

>She's also the only one directly tied to Mists

but she also gives out blue elixirs, and uses the augur as well as a call beyond. by your logic, this absolutely necessitates an even stronger connection to the Choir.
>>
>>144109981
>tons of NPCs comment on your scent.
On the smell of a hunter. These women all comment on something else.
>what does this have to do with cainhurst?
Well, Pthumerians worshipped or served Moon Presence in some capacity, but really it's more that the only people who make comments about the moon odor are Cainhurst related. 2/3 are confirmed canon Cainhurst bloodline members and the last one has lots of arguable ties to Cainhurst like giving out mists or having the summons.
>>
>>144109916
>Oh, my, what a queer scent
>clear
>>
>>144109981
>she also gives out blue elixirs
>uses the augur as well as a call beyond.
Well she's obviously done work for the healing church or burgerworthy. It's possible she's even the "rogue scholar" that Alfred mentioned.
>>
>>144110243
She's confirmed Cainhurst by other means anon. Don't forget, even though I mentioned it twice already, she directly says that it's not the usual Hunter smells.
>>
>>144110159
>Well, Pthumerians worshipped or served Moon Presence in some capacity,

[citation needed]

just because the game provides zero context for MP doesn't mean you can go creating it.

>2/3 are confirmed canon Cainhurst bloodline members

one is. A compelling argument can be made fopr arianna, but nowhere is it plainly stated that "Arianna is a descendant of the cainhurst bloodline". That would need to be the case for "confirmed canon". don't make silly assumptions
>>
>>144110159
The summons isn't from Fauxsefka. It's the thing mentioned at the beginning of the game by the blood minister.

But hey, don't get me wrong. Eileen is the Wet Nurse.
>>
>>144110505
>just because the game provides zero context for MP doesn't mean you can go creating it.
This is the shit I used to deal with. Morons like yourself who haven't done their homework but want to think they know everything there is to know.
Messengers are the "will of the ancients"
Messengers are "flora of the moon and the dream"
Messengers are Pthumerians who serve MP or were uplifted by it or something.

>A compelling argument can be made fopr arianna, but nowhere is it plainly stated that "Arianna is a descendant of the cainhurst bloodline".
Oh I see. Another moron who needs things written out for him in black and white. How's that high school dropout lifestyle treating you? Maybe if you'd stayed in school, you'd have learned how inference and implication works.

Seriously. This is how Souls lore works. If somebody is wearing a Cainhurst dress, that makes them Cainhurst unless we're given reason to think otherwise.

>>144110680
>The summons isn't from Fauxsefka.
It doesn't have to be FROM her. It's found in her Clinic. That's plenty enough in terms of ties.
>>
>>144109901
Thanks king of /bbg/

Don't fear the old blood.
Willem was a bitch.
>>
>>144109898
Honestly lad, the fc rules aren't there to stop you from having fun, they're there to keep to it as even as possible with as few rules as possible.
If that doesn't work for you, just pvp in mensis instead, it's not like you have to choose one forever.
>>
>>144110885
>It's found in her Clinic
It's not her clinic, she literally broke the window and invaded the place.
>>
>>144110917
I know I know

I do pvp in mensis and nightmare areas its just youre gonna catch some hapless low level no gem guy and wreck him way too easily
At least you guys are experienced but now... I'm not so sure if you're all scared of a few items >;-]
>>
Is anyone willing to help me with the defiled amygdala? I'm farming insight right now helping with the wet nurse but I'll head to layer 3 when you reply
>>
>>144111105
omw
>>
>>144111057
It's just not fun to play tag for the 30 seconds bma is up since it trades well with everything and attacking into it is so far beyond risky it's purely retarded
Healing is fun, but thanks to invader health penalties it's just another thing for people to get passive aggressive about when they lose
>>
>>144111049
Yes and we can hear her moaning and saying "yes" in the Abandoned Workshop. Honestly, she's the least clear par tof the lore. But the moon scents and the access to a supply of mists is pretty clear evidence of a Cainhurst connection regardless of the summons.
>>
>>144110885
>Morons like yourself who haven't done their homework

I assume by this you mean people who don't subscribe to your fanfic?

>were uplifted by it or something.

you're not even clear on your own fanfic?

>Oh I see. Another moron who needs things written out for him in black and white. How's that high school dropout lifestyle treating you? Maybe if you'd stayed in school, you'd have learned how inference and implication works.

didn't mean to offend you, anon. take a breath.

>If somebody is wearing a Cainhurst dress, that makes them Cainhurst unless we're given reason to think otherwise.

text or dialogue stating that she's from cainhurst is confirmation that she's from cainhurst; canon, if you will. You saying it's "confirmed canon" is laughably wrong, no matter the nature of Souls lore. are you really this dense, or is it just symptomatic of emulating loranon?
>>
>>144111105
>>144111239
Forgot to say the pass is bbg
>>
>>144111105
you are better off keep trying solo
anyone "helping" actually makes the fight much fucking harder due to the buff Amygdala gets
>>
>>144111436
Ringing by the stairs
>>
God damn the lighting after killing the BSB is awesome. Love the firey sky too.
>>
>>144111313
that's actually looping a piece of dialogue from one of the door NPCs in cathedral ward. This line in particular: "the deepest widest gratitude, yes". the yes is looped there for whatever reason. maybe there's an overlap in map data or something causing it but it's not fauxsefka and it's definitely not lore relevant
>>
>>144111276
>>passive aggressive when they lose

Sounds like you guys still have maturin' to do.

As a bma user i really dont find it as effective as y'all make it out to be but I get what you're saying.
But it really seems like most of the similar rules in bb pvp at least in NA region seem to be about making sure ya homos dont cry " no fair!"

Makes sense with all this sjw talk, must be the younger softer gen of players.
>>
>>144111417
>I assume by this you mean people who don't subscribe to your fanfic?
No, I mean people who haven't read all the descriptions and heard all the dialogue.
>you're not even clear on your own fanfic?
Some things are clear, others aren't. We know the Pthumerians and Messengers are closely tied just based on all the Messenger imagery found inside the Chalices. The Doll's Prayer is just icing on the cake. Messengers and Pthumerians are very closely tied. -IF- they aren't directly tied in an "origins" type way, we can still say for certain that Pthumerians knew of and honored Messengers and that Messengers are confirmed as agents of MP.
>text or dialogue stating that she's from cainhurst is confirmation that she's from cainhurst
this is the last time I'm repeating this: inferences and implied storytelling are Miyazaki's preferred method of storytelling. If you can't accept simple logic conclusions like "people of cainhurst descent wear cainhurst clothes" then you need to politely bow out of the discussion and accept that Souls lore isn't for you.
>>
>>144111693
It's always the camera on that jump that messes me up
>>
>>144111818
>As a bma user i really dont find it as effective as y'all make it out to be

Then you suck.
It's pretty much impossible to miss your BMA shot if you have even decent timing. Playing against someone who know's what they're doing with BMA means you either dodgespam constantly, or take an instant 600 damage if you try to do anything else.
>>
>>144111872
>No, I mean people who haven't read all the descriptions and heard all the dialogue.

which dialogue, and which descriptions elicits the MP context you provided?

> The Doll's Prayer is just icing on the cake.

the prayer doesn't even make clear what exactly she's addressing. you chose to interpret "flora" as the messengers. when it could be referring to the MP or even the flowers themselves.

>this is the last time I'm repeating this: inferences and implied storytelling are Miyazaki's preferred method of storytelling. If you can't accept simple logic conclusions like "people of cainhurst descent wear cainhurst clothes" then you need to politely bow out of the discussion and accept that Souls lore isn't for you.

i have no grievances or misunderstandings about this. I even subscribe to the theory that Arianna is a cainhurst descendant, but the notion that anything beyond what's presented in dialogue and item descriptions is "confirmed canon" is silly. you asserting that it is demonstrates as much as a narrow understanding of this style of storytelling as you claim I have
>>
>>144112513
>the prayer doesn't even make clear what exactly she's addressing
"o' little ones"

There's no room for debate you shitter.

>the notion that anything beyond what's presented in dialogue and item descriptions is "confirmed canon" is silly
You're retarded then.
>>
>>144112423
Why you placing limits on yourself?
You're already dead man.

No matter what you do if you're an idiot you're gonna get shot so be less of an idiot?

Thanks for saying I suck.. that I what I get for downplaying it.

>Playing against someone who know's what they're doing with BMA means you

play better?
>>
>>144112996
so, just dodge until it goes away
what a great scenario I hope he has no limits and does that ten times so I have to spend 5 minutes dodging
>>
>>144112720
>There's no room for debate you shitter.

there's endless room for it. you've chosen literally THE most nebulous corner of the lore to be declarative about.

>You're retarded then.
lol no u. you seem to be struggling with the idea that "confirmed canon" means anything other than direct confirmation from the devs, be it in the form of an after-the-fact interview or content actually in the game. you have neither. The idea that Arianna is a cainhurst descendant is strongly supported and almost definitely the intended interpretation, but since the game doesn't actually confirm it anywhere, it's anything but "confirmed canon". what's so confounding about this?
>>
>>144113372
little ones isn't nebulous.

>ou seem to be struggling with the idea that "confirmed canon" means anything other than direct confirmation from the dev
The devs are the ones who dressed her up in Cainhurst garb you moron.
>>
>>144113237
Bait hia bma then punish durrr

You play this defensively normally? Its like you guys didnt get the memo that this game is about aggressive tactics.
>>
>>144112996
I'm not even the guy you were originally arguing with: I guess he fucked off when he realized you're beyond retarded.

First off, there are no limits on BMA use. We have a faggot named William that uses the shit religiously. He fucking blows though, so it isn't that big of a deal. I'm just explaining why BMA use is generally frowned on: FC's are for fun and BMA is not fun at all. It is the epitome of tryhard 'i want to win' bullshit.

BMA on a 'tinge build does as much as an unzip only with much more range, much faster, and it can also parry. It is so goddamn good and if you think it isn't then you have either never played the game or are in some deep denial because you rely on cheap gimmicks to bust out wins.

I'm done with you, you two-bit fucking monkey. Either learn what the fuck you're arguing about or don't argue at all. Bring your BMA bullshit to a FC and you'll probably be put in the dirt regardless. As I said before, there are LITERALLY NO RULES against it. Do it if you fucking want.
>>
>hey guys i was wonderin if we could do a fc with healing and bma haha, just to see what it's like you know? haha

t. bloodtinge 117 fucking shits
go invade if you want to be a cunt
>>
File: image.gif (264KB, 148x111px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
264KB, 148x111px
>>144111693
sorry
>>
>>144114036
No worries
>>
>>144114124
The kirkhammer worked just fine for me until I started the chalice dungeons
>>
>>144113639
I'm just chattin' man, reeeeelax!

U mad bro? Seriously you're putting in too much effort 6/10 reminds me of Army mareme.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't want to intrude on your safe space >=^)

Y u getting so mad that you can't out play a "cheap" mechanic? You got the intelligence of a ...Baboon?

Honestly though I have fun when I'm playing this game, losing or winning.
>>
>>144113719
I'm a bloodtinge 117 shit and I think letting BMA and healing is fucking retarded.
>>
>>144114250
It's staggering amy like crazy though, still ringing?
>>
>>144113719
>>144113639
Not so passive aggressive anymore eh?
>>
File: ...Baboon.jpg (2MB, 5120x2880px) Image search: [Google]
...Baboon.jpg
2MB, 5120x2880px
>>144114396
>You got the intelligence of a ...Baboon?
>>
File: image.gif (517KB, 320x218px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
517KB, 320x218px
>>144114793
Thank you thank you thank you!
>>
>>144116860
Happy to help
>>
Man fuck Rom in Lower Pthumeru. It was a pain in the ass. By the end I was running around hectically dodging the spiders and using the columns to block icicle rain trying to land a hit.
>>
>>144117096
Protip: Hit CD Rom in the face.
>>
Cleaver vs Spear
>>
>>144117482
spear meta too strong to ignore
>>
>>144117482
Spear is objectively better.
>>
File: apeescapes.jpg (108KB, 400x307px) Image search: [Google]
apeescapes.jpg
108KB, 400x307px
>>144117737
BETTER FROWN UPON IT THEN
>>
>>144117482
the spear is pretty much my favorite weapon across all the souls games
it's a shame that DS3 managed to hit the simple part, but not the fun to use part for any of its weapons.
>>
>>144117301
Fuck off Lucifer
>>
>>144117882
How is the "fun" part not also the "simple" part? It's the same shit but longer and slower.
It's a good weapon sure but its moveset is terribly dull and I only ever use it to cheese Amelia so I can grab something better from the DLC.
>>
>>144117482
I enjoyed the spear as a main in my throwaway first play through character.

For a spear pvp build go 50 skl and 50 vit?
>>
what's in the room with fucktons of spiders before the boss on ailing loran layer 2?
>>
>>144117868
,,,baboon? meta
>>
File: chimping.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
chimping.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
>>144118502
No way man thats for scrubs.

I subscribe to chimp meta.
>>
>>144118803
>chimp
>not gorilla
Go big or go home, little man.
>>
File: realhumanbean.jpg (61KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
realhumanbean.jpg
61KB, 600x375px
>>144118885
Gorilla meta doesn't exist 'cuz theyre too busy gettin' shot for being heroes.

y u dis respecting our ancestors?!
>>
Anyone willing to help out with Abhorent Beast in Ailing Loran?

Pass: bbg
>>
>>144119081
>primates
needs more insight
>>
File: mor.png (765KB, 1200x673px) Image search: [Google]
mor.png
765KB, 1200x673px
>>144119081
>Gorilla
>Hero
>Getting shot

Tell me more.
>>
File: coolcannon.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
coolcannon.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>144119231
shit man what you hittin' and what does that picture look like to you when you're running all that insight?
just tried to dreamify the pic for laffs but its mobile only wtf.
>>144119307
google harambe it is such a tragedy.
>>
File: o7oo93UzIJ1qa67vso1_500.jpg (292KB, 468x473px) Image search: [Google]
o7oo93UzIJ1qa67vso1_500.jpg
292KB, 468x473px
Bloodborne someone?
>>
File: dream_1f1c272582.jpg (82KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
dream_1f1c272582.jpg
82KB, 600x375px
>>144119715
don't blame mobile. you just lack the insight to see this
I wish I had the energy to run this through 20 times
>>
>>144110885
>or something.

Are you even trying anymore?
>>
>>144119989
This post gave me a sensible chuckle thanks
>>
>>144119715
the recoil kills you? what buttfuckery is this?
>>
Do sinister dungeons have nice insight shop materials up the wazoo?
>>
File: bune.jpg (13KB, 236x211px) Image search: [Google]
bune.jpg
13KB, 236x211px
>>144122169
The cannonball exploded on the string in front of the cannon.
>>
>Adversarial Quicksearch

Does this EVER work? I feel like nobody plays Sinister dungeons.
>>
File: american_psycho.jpg (110KB, 500x648px) Image search: [Google]
american_psycho.jpg
110KB, 500x648px
>shitty enemy whips out a new combo you've never seen before in hundreds of hours of playtime
>>
Does the Red hue of an Invder / Blue hue of a Co-operator dissapear when using Blue Elixir / Messengers Gift?
>>
>>144123562
On NG+++ and the Healing Church dudes just used their magic lantern attacks on me for the first time since like the week the game released. wtf
>>
>>144123558
Easier to put a garbled password then try to get summoned as a vileblood/executioner
>>
>>144123558
>Sinister
No, there can be bell ladies in any root dungeon with the same rules as regular game, ring your sinister or summon a coop and the bell lady will appear
People just don't coop root dungeons enough for it to be popular, they should've made it work for story dungeons as well
>>
>>144123707
Don't they only do that when you have over 15 insight?
>>
>>144123558
You could try running sinister dungeons on your own with the rite on.
Its pretty fun.
>>
File: 1454959076136.png (144KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1454959076136.png
144KB, 500x446px
>finally got my platinum in DaS3
I'm free to go back to BB, wooo.

One of the few things I've always wanted to try is the Church Cannon. Is Str/Blt an okay playstyle, or is it completely shit like Arc/Blt? I'm not sure what the stats would even be, 40/40? Any advice or tips?
>>
>>144125946
You could do bloodletter with the cannon.
Apparently +65 str scaling up abyssal gems will allow you to use skl weapons effectively now.
>>
kek, has /bbg/ seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohMasI4uU-0
>>
>>144126307
Oh I'll definitely be using the the Bloodletter, and I figured the Whirligig could carry me there since I'll start building towards strength first. I'm just unsure what to level strenght/bloodtinge too, I can't really remember how scaling works. Do I really need to get strength and bloodtinge both up to 50?
>>
>>144126502
Just go 50 bt and min strength.
That should give you enough bls for vit and hitting 98
>>
>>144126480
>dat scream
holy shit it is perfect
>>
>>144126502
Honestly str/bt is a shit combo, you can go 50/50 and be 120 or higher if you sacrifice vit and end
>>
>>144126502
>>
>create root dungeon

>find messenger bath

>have too many bloods

>buy every lost/uncanny weapon from them
>>
>>144126684
>>144126808
Wonderful, thanks for the info. So should I just do minimum strength for the Bloodletter then? I was kinda stoked to try the Church Cannon, but if its garbage or not worth the investment to get the minimum stats to use it, I could cut those points into Vit.
>>
Can you give items to another hunter while cooping? l'd like to give a chikage to one of my characters
>>
>>144127049
This isn't dark souls famlad
>>
>>144127002
Its like the cannon with overhead arc and big splash its all based on your preference.
>>
>>144126480
wat fuck is that bitch screaming about?
>>
>>144127370
She had one hit left to kill defiled Amy when she got OHKO'd.
>>
>>144127370
ingested something she shouldn't have + someone unfriended her on facebook
>>
>>144127149
Fuck, and I love the cannon. I think I have to try to make it work. Thanks for all the feedback.

https://www.mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/17266

Does this look alright? I know its probably not great, I'm just hoping it isn't complete garbage.

>>144127049
Sadly no. It doubly sucks since stuff like Lost Chikage is behind loads of dungeon crawling.
>>
>>144127932
>It doubly sucks since stuff like Lost Chikage is behind loads of dungeon crawling.

Or behind seconds of searching for a glyph.

> Pthumeru Ihyll Root Chalice
> Glyphs: wic63yn8 (Layer 2)
> Sinister Pthumeru Ihyll Root Chalice
> Glyphs: 2ac8vumx (Layer 2)
> Rotted Pthumeru Ihyll Root Chalice
> Glyphs: yrim6m23 (Layer 1 in the pre-boss area)
>>
>>144127932
Take a point off end and put it into str for gatling gun.

Now its time for BULLETS!
>>
>>144127805
I was screaming just like that in those cases
>>
>>144128471
He meant that you have to clear all the story dungeons to get to ihyl and make a root dungeon with rites to access it, you know it all faggot
>>
And those cannot be accessed until you hit Ithyll and beat HBLB, unless something was changed. In fact, if I remember correctly, you could do that in the first few weeks and it was patched out.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-01+at+06.27.47).jpg (148KB, 640x756px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-01+at+06.27.47).jpg
148KB, 640x756px
Alright guys, I'm finally going to do it. Wheel Build. Anything look off or like it needs changing? Should I put more points into arcane instead?
>>
File: 1457041748110.png (2MB, 1340x2278px) Image search: [Google]
1457041748110.png
2MB, 1340x2278px
>>144129041
meant for
>>144128471

>>144128543
God-tier feedback, thanks a bunch. I would have kicked myself for missing such a cool weapon. So fucking hype to go full on brute strength gun nut, thank you!
>>
File: image.png (151KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
151KB, 640x1136px
What am I in for lads?
>>
>>144129119
>26 end
just kill yourself
>>
>>144127932
Oh if you take another point off end put it in vit

I run 40 vit on a few builds and it doesn't feel that much different.
your choice.
>>
>>144129308
You're in for some spine breaking and uploading that for your frienda here in bbg myes?
>>
>>144129308
Why not just wait for it to arrive if you've already bought it
>>
>>144129308
A dead phone wew fucking 9%
>>
File: image.jpg (376KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
376KB, 640x1136px
>>144129645
Off course friendo, will upload all of it for you guys when I get it. Wish someone would upload good pictures for the Old Hunter's game guide tho, it seems to have extra lore not in the game (if game guide's lite can be trusted).

>>144129661
lmao wat

>>144129663
I like to live dangerously >;^)
>>
>>144130215
I just get triggered by "What am i in for guys how did I do??" things if you've already bought the thing.

Although that's just when it's people practically asking to get video games spoilt for themselves, doesn't really apply for artbooks
>>
Just ran straight through a sinister chalice (no going back for supplies) with a beckoning bell ringing the whole time. That was a lot of fun.
>>
Anyone willing to help wth the pthumerian descendant in pthumeru ihyll? Pass is bbg
>>
Ebrietas has a fucking lightning atttack?

What?
>>
>>144132574
No, she doesn't
>>
>>144132745
I just got fucking Lightninged.
>>
>>144131635
Got invaders?
Tell us more!
Thinking of trying to do one of those
>>
>>144132745
I swear I got hit by two bolts of lightning in quick succession and I ain't using no bolt weapons or nothing.
>>
>>144133796
Are you talking about her cosmic attack thingy? Those are stars or whatever the fuck, not lightning.
>>
>>144133285
No invaders unfortunately.

It was Sinister Loran, giptib4k

Layer 1 had a messenger bath and max Fading Lake rune, 2 had Uncanny Blades of Mercy, and 3 had max Clawmark Rune.

Bosses were HBLB, Beast-Possessed Soul, and Loran Darkbeast.

Layer 3 also had one of those enormous rooms with the platform in the middle, and there were dozens of enemies in there so the fighting got pretty intense.

One of the wolves dropped me a Bastard of Loran too which is nice.
>>
>>144133964
jagged flashing bolts of instantaneous lightning

i was in the middle of her flailing meatflaps at the time so I didn't see what kind of choreography she was doing it felt like a momentary pause right before.
>>
>>144134309
Can you post the gameplay video on youtube?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Was Dark Souls 3 supposed to work like in Dark Souls 2 where you lost a bit of health each time you died?
>>
>>144135212
Everything is Working as Intended*
>>
>>144135212
Is that the DaS3 guide that is an utter scam piece of shit? The one that's description of the only new stat in the game legit just says 'it affects some other stuff?"

Don't believe anything in there.
>>
>altar below the eye pendant altar
>headless woman pouring something onto a throne made of cherubim
>throne sits over a golden box with a large hole in it

what
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>144135785
It's the little booklet that came with the Day One edition. You know, the ones that used to come with every game but comapnies jewed out and now they only give you those in special editions.

>>144135498

Kek, I wonder what the actual $50 guide has to say about poise.
>>
>>144135903
headless woman has wings like Ebrietas's
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>""""""""""vibrant"""""""""" and "thriving" online community
>Jolly cooperation

Why do I feel they're trying to hew me into buying the game even thiugh I already did?
>>
>>144136060
>I wonder what the actual $50 guide has to say about poise.

"This page intentionally left blank."
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>144136591
Seriously this feels like a commercial straight out of Vaatividya instead of a summary of the game's world and story.
>>
>>144136662
WORKING AS INTENDED - Sincerley, the Miyazaki
>>
>>144136803
Absolutely painful.
>>
>>144136591
They don't want you to miss the DLC trilogy
>>
>>144136942
"I didn't even want to make this game leave me alone!"
>>
File: image.jpg (834KB, 2435x2207px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
834KB, 2435x2207px
>>144106668
Oh well, maybe Dark Souls 4 will be better. You know they're making it in 5-10 years
>>
>>144137804
I hope they'll wait 5 years. I'm scared they'll crank one out in the next 2-3.

>B-BUT MIYAZAKI SAID
Yeah, and? He's lied before about shit.
>>
>>144137804
You know damn well it's be less than 3 years.

Hell Dark Souls 1 came out less than 4 years ago.
>>
>>144138242
I know damn well it's not gonna be made by Miyazaki.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>144138242
>Dark Souls 1 came out less than 4 years ago.
>tfw they realeased all the games in this picture in less than a decade but they still can't make more Armored core games
>>
>Eye Pendant
> There are Two cathedrals in the Hunter's Dream. One lies past the River of Blood, and another contains the private research hall of the Healing Church.

Is this a mistranslation/typo? I'd imagine they mean Hunter's *Nightmare*, not Dream.
>>
>>144138947
Yes I think so
>>
>>144138947
The dream and the nightmare are only different in name
>>
>>144139194
I don't remember seeing bloodlickers in the Hunter's Dream.
>>
>>144138857
nice collection anon
>>
>>144139452
Shut up kid
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 800x582px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 800x582px
>>144139452
Thanks
>mfw I let my cousin birrow demon souls and everytime I ask fir it back he says he'll look for it. I'm pretty sure he lost it.
>>
>>144139565
l wasn't being sarcastic or anything if that's what you thought bro
>>
File: gsdx_20160601200527.jpg (63KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
gsdx_20160601200527.jpg
63KB, 640x512px
Relevant.
>>
File: neopepe.gif (607KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
neopepe.gif
607KB, 800x792px
>>144139874
3scooby5me
>>
File: notbloodborne.jpg-large.jpg (128KB, 817x1024px) Image search: [Google]
notbloodborne.jpg-large.jpg
128KB, 817x1024px
So.. get this fucking shit
>My birthday yesterday
>Tell my parents a few times that I want Bloodborne for my b-day
>B-day comes
>Parents take me out to dinner and hand me a card (had $20 in it) and a present wrapped, obviously a game
>open it up with excitement
>look at it
>get this (pic related)
What the fuck....
>>
>>144140714
Return it and get Bloodborne. Bloodborne will probably be <$60, so treat yourself to a nice birthday meal with the change or something. Then use the $20 from your birthday card to buy the DLC.
>>
>>144140714
This hurts just to read.
>>
>>144140714
Have fun.
>>
>>144140714
Shit mang, you got early access to Miyazaki's latest game?
Lucky fuck
>>
File: 1464572937002.jpg (138KB, 428x280px) Image search: [Google]
1464572937002.jpg
138KB, 428x280px
>>144140714
my fucking sides

l had a similar experience l asked for a soul calibur or a street fighter game(l can't even remember know) and l got a cheap street fighter/soul calibur clone with a very similar name

l was pretty sad and dissapointed at the moment but l ended up enjoying the game
>>
Chalices are so fucking dull.
>>
Does Kos Parasite continue scaling up to 99 arcane like the hunter's tools do?
>>
File: 1425653022714.gif (761KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
1425653022714.gif
761KB, 400x224px
>>144140714
Damn that sucks. The $20 is almost enough for BB though, I think it's on sale in the PS store right now.

Hope you at least pretended to like the gift man
>>
>>144140714
I love getting the wrong gift when parents misunderstand what you wanted, it's sweet and always awful
>>
>>144143491
I did. I'm thinking I MAY be able to trade it in for Bloodborne
>>
>>144142163
This. Just pray that your parents have not threw away the purchase ticket
>>
>Need 4 more chunks
>Too early in NG+ cycle to get them

Should I just spend the 80 insight?
>>
>>144143785
Have you done depth 5 chalices? Bosses regularly drop chunks there
>>
>>144143785
waitaminute i'm retarded I can just run a chalice
>>
File: 214321432142.jpg (144KB, 877x911px) Image search: [Google]
214321432142.jpg
144KB, 877x911px
>>144140714
Orendi is best waifu, she's like a tiny Amygdala
>>
>>144106668
Best and worse run to boss fog?

>Paarl/Witches
>Shadows/ToR
>
>>
>>144145043
Maria and Gehrman for best. Also Micolash, Wet Nurse, Ludwig and Orphan if shortcuts/closest lanterns are unlocked. Shadows and One Reborn pretty much remain the worst. Gascoigne's can be up there too.
>>
>>144143398
Need help?
>>
So I got to the Lecture Building yesterday and the scholars are FUCKING. TERRIFYING.

What's you guys's spookiest enemies?
>>
>>144146793
Winter Lanterns, the you know whos in the chalice dungeons, brainsuckers.
>>
Are there any other good games like Bloodborne and The Order?
>>
File: Winter Lantern.png (835KB, 739x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Winter Lantern.png
835KB, 739x1080px
>>144146793
*frenzies u*
>>
Is there anything surgical long gloves don't go well with?
>>
How would I go about gemming for a purely bolt tonitrus. I've never used this weapon outside of a few swings of it unfortified but I've got an arcane wheel/hmls build with 25str/50arc. I've already got a fire pizza cutter and I've been thinking about using tony as my bolt weapon.
>>
>>144146425
Nah I'm done for today, they're just boring to go through. Tomorrow I'll start with lower hintertomb, I need to get some bastard of loran to be able to access the defiled chalice I got from lower pthumeru. I'll work on the standard chalices I have apart from the pthumeru and then work on roots and that one sinister chalice I recently bought until I find the bastard.
>>
File: Sage Rush Crop 3.png (644KB, 800x679px) Image search: [Google]
Sage Rush Crop 3.png
644KB, 800x679px
>>144146793
>>
File: 1460705161697.png (150KB, 622x510px) Image search: [Google]
1460705161697.png
150KB, 622x510px
>help someone with Ludwig
>get a message a day later
>was up.? after coast where do I go
>>
>>144147654
4 bastards of loran can be found in ailing loran.
>>
Alright I'm unfamiliar with how chalices work.

Are Root chalices just the same as the normal one with a different layout or something?
>>
File: Bloodborneâ„¢_20160601212959.jpg (230KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborneâ„¢_20160601212959.jpg
230KB, 1920x1080px
Haha, I'll take it.
>>
>>144147957
Root chalices are randomly generated when you make it, non root chalices are set in stone for everyone, hence why people refer to non-roots as "story chalices".
>>
>>144147957
Roots don't let you progress. They are just randomized dungeons for fun. Ignore them until you get through the story (non-root) ones.
>>
I want an Uncanny Burial Blade

I want it now

How do I get it
>>
>>144147873
thanks, I'll make it right after I finish lower Hintertomb. Kinda wish they gave more chalice slots, there's a store in lower pthumeru with some uncanny and lost weapons I'd like to buy before deleting it.
>>
>>144148174
Lower Loran root chalice. Hope you like spiders.
>>
>>144148061
>>144148094
Are Root Chalices only good for different layouts? Or is there some other reason to use them
>>
>>144148567
GEMS
E
M
S
>>
>>144148567
Loot.
>>
>>144109916
Random Yharnamites
>Smells like you, stranger
Gascoigne's daughter
>Who... are you? I don't know your voice, but I know that smell... Are you a hunter?

Then there's the fact everyone you meet immediately knows you're a hunter upon seeing/smelling you. Everyone can smell the moon on you. The only difference between Fauxsefka and Annalise is that they know exactly what the smell means, Annalise because she's immortal and has gathered knowledge over many years, and Fauxsefka because she's a member of the Choir.
>>
>>144148224
Just write down the glyph for the lower pthumeru with the weapons you want to buy and you can come back to it any time without using any materials to make it by imputing the glyph.
>>
So what is the PvP level sweet spot? I'm at 80 right now. Should I continue leveling or have I gone too far?
>>
>>
>>144148685
This. Weapons, armors, gems, chunk and rock farming, and just new areas to run for fun.
>>
>>144149105
98 for cool kids, 120 for shitters, 117 for shitters who want to hang with cool kids
>>
>>144149105
98 is the sweet spot for PvP and mid and late game PvE.
>>
>>144149105
>>144149593

Basically you're autistic no matter what you do.

Just ring the damn red bell and stop worrying about your level.
>>
>>144149564
>Root chalices
>Armors

Que?
>>
>>144148758
Or, the smell that you're covered head to toe in beast blood?
>>
File: 1464220109313.jpg (22KB, 624x288px) Image search: [Google]
1464220109313.jpg
22KB, 624x288px
>>144148632
>>144148685
Ah ok. I guess I'll keep running the "story" ones and look around for where to farm the gems I need when I finish those.

Thanks!
>>
>>144147593
Nourishing probably does better than pure bolt for your build but I'm not sure. You're better off converting a physical weapon to bolt imo since the Toni can get boring and it lacks range
>>
>>144149718
Wait, do you get that maggot wrapped armor from a non-root chalice? I might be misremembering.
>>
>>144149487
Looks like someone had eyes planted in their skull.
>>
Is it worth it using the repeating pistol solely for damage on a BT build before getting the chikage?
>>
>>144149916
He's in the Lower Hintertomb iirc
>>
>>144150047
Yeah, at least it's what I do
>>
>>144149768
Everything else in Yharnam is covered in and smells like beast blood.
>>
>>144149916
If you mean the madman's armor then yeah it comes from normal lower hintertomb.
>>
>>144150047
Not really. Evelyn or PR is better. Repeating Pistol is a beast at base states on a Str or Skl build though. The damage boost isn't really worth the extra bullet cost on a build that already does so much damage with guns.
>>
>tfw every boss fight ends in blackface
>>
>>144150047
This is one of those things where the difference is so minimal there's no worth it or not worth it to be discerned, it'll just be a change which you'll barely even notice.
>>
>>144150249
Yeah, that's the one I was thinking about. I don't think I have gone in hindertomb since we gained the ability to buy the SRRC from the bath in the Hunter's Dream.
>>
>>144149886
I'll give nourishing a go first since I already have some nice ones. I only wanted to use Tony due to the fact it's my least used weapon across all builds by far.
>>
>no summons at Gascoigne
>no summons at Cleric Beast
Is early game abandoned or something? This is kinda depressing.

That said, holy shit this feels so fast and fluid after DaS3, I love it.
>>
>>144150275
I've just started the BT build and don't yet have access to either of those guns.
But is the piercing rifle really that good? I've never really given it a second glance.
>>
>>144150682
I've got a level 10 character. Wanna' co-op Cleric Beast? Pass will be 'bbg'.
>>
>>144150923
Do you mean you need help with Cleric Beast? I'm ringing outside his gate; I've already killed it in my game.
>>
>>144151090
Heading there now.
>>
File: 1436024209241.gif (51KB, 192x224px) Image search: [Google]
1436024209241.gif
51KB, 192x224px
>>144150275
Evelyn is in Cainhurst, so you're almost at the Chikage at that point. And the Piercing Rifle is behind a decently tough enemy in the DLC, so you have to go through at least Amelia.

Repeating pistol though is available straight after Cleric Beast, so you can use it pretty much from the get go unlike the two you suggested
>>
>>144150682
I got summoned a few times at Father G today.
>>
>>144150682
I imagine there's a couple people at Gascoigne at least, he's a fun boss. You might just have to wait a little longer, I have a decent wait to get summoned for even the popular DLC bosses
>>
>>144151090
Go into network settings, set it to worldwide, then make your password bbg if you haven't already. I'm another Anon sitting there with the host.
>>
Reminder to join the /bbg/ Discord https://discord.gg/0sK89npiaqmTYTsB
>>
File: feeling_heads.jpg (76KB, 733x730px) Image search: [Google]
feeling_heads.jpg
76KB, 733x730px
>Papa, can you tell me what was Bloodborne like on release? And then when the Old Hunters came out?
>>
>>144151461
Sorry, I realized I was out of vials and loaded back in, be there in 2 secs.
>>
>>144148758
>Smells like you, stranger
> I know that smell... Are you a hunter?
Arianna specifically notes that what she smells isn't typical "hunter" odor. These people are just noticing a hunter who's drenched in beast blood.
> Everyone can smell the moon on you
No. Only those three.
>>
File: 1464298462860.png (100KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1464298462860.png
100KB, 292x257px
>light up my ax like a badass
>immediately get stepped on
Man oh man, great coop though, thanks for the summon.
>>
I bet you faggots min/max the defense values on your armor instead of just swaggin' it up.
>>
File: mico.jpg (311KB, 850x1361px) Image search: [Google]
mico.jpg
311KB, 850x1361px
That was quite the party; I feel bad for the poor thing. Thanks for the help, guys.
>>
>>144151904
I love that image, but the spelling of enough will never not trigger me
>>
>>144151935
No one does that, it's never even noticable in bb
>>
>>144151228
I am talking about end game because you are presumably going to get the Chikage and Evelyn as early as possible anyway, meaning wasting upgrade materials on it now would be a waste.
>>
I need some ritual blood 3

):
>>
>>144151617
>Arianna specifically notes that what she smells isn't typical "hunter" odor.

Incorrect. Arianna notes it's an unusual scent, not that it's unusual for a hunter to smell that way. There's also the fact everyone in Yharnam imbibes in beast blood and it's everywhere. There's absolutely no reason to believe what everyone else is smelling is beast blood on you, that's a completely baseless assertion you're parroting just because it's evidence for another otherwise baseless assertion.

There are many reasons to believe Arianna's of Vileblood descent, but this is not one of them.
>>
>>144152054
Well shit now I see it too
>>
>>144152203
Guy did specifically say, "Before getting the Chikage."
>>
File: Bro Club.png (226KB, 398x602px) Image search: [Google]
Bro Club.png
226KB, 398x602px
>>144151904
It was fun you memeing /got/ pleb

Be sure to remove the password before attempting random co-op later on.
>>
File: 1464807307092.jpg (217KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1464807307092.jpg
217KB, 1280x720px
>>144152696
The show is lousy and the threads are pretty bleh, but goodness does it make me laugh.

Also I do appreciate the advice, I forget all the time to take the pass off, even after like 500 hours.

Badass beast character though, was that a bl29 early game character?
>>
File: kek.jpg (27KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
27KB, 292x257px
>>144152054
>>144152413

Here you go.
>>
>>144152493
I think I was a bit vague. My point is that using the repeating pistol after you have the Evelyn on a BLT build is a waste, therefore upgrading the repeating pistol in the early game is a waste of time and resources, especially since you only get access to it literally 2 bosses sooner (Vicar + WItches).

Hopefully that makes more sense.
>>
>>144152352
>. Arianna notes it's an unusual scent, not that it's unusual for a hunter to smell that way.
But typical beast blood scents aren't unusual. Moon scents are.
>There's also the fact everyone in Yharnam imbibes in beast blood and it's everywhere
Exactly, so when people comment on something being out of the ordinary, it's a purposeful effort on the part of the writer to make you think about it a little harder.
>There's absolutely no reason to believe what everyone else is smelling is beast blood on you
Except that all of them talk about generic hunter stenches and not moon odors. The fact that three women who all have ties to cainhurst all notice a special scent on you is absolutely purposeful and points to an affinity with the Moon Presence in the Cainhurst bloodline.
>There are many reasons to believe Arianna's of Vileblood descent
Uhmmm Just so we're clear here Cainhurst =/= Vileblood. Arianna is a Cainhurst, but it's pretty much a certainty that she hasn't partaken of the Queen's blood.
>>
>>144153196
>it's pretty much a certainty that she hasn't partaken of the Queen's blood.

dafuq are you talking about.

she's a whore; she's partaken of EVERYONE's blood
>>
>>144152924
BL133 first character I made who got fucked build-wise anyway so I just levelled her enough to use all the weapons so I could test them and plan proper builds for 'em later. Gonna make a proper beast at some point after the BLT build I'm working on, but I still like bringing her out for jolly co-op in the meantime.
>>
>>144152975
Thank you, that's much better
>>
>>144153339
>she's a whore; she's partaken of EVERYONE's blood
But not the Queen's. It's hinted that she might be the daughter of the Queen or something if you take a look at the portrait of the Queen holding a blonde child in a red dress.
>>
>>144153178
It's not like it's a complete waste, upgrade materials become commonplace very quickly and you still have to get through the bosses before Cainhurst so you're probably upgrading a normal weapon a couple times to make them go faster
>>
File: Bloodborneâ„¢_20160316235327.jpg (397KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborneâ„¢_20160316235327.jpg
397KB, 1920x1080px
>>144153406
Oh neat, well it was a cool character. I felt a little underwhelmed when I first tried the claws before ToH, but I've had a lot of fun at low levels with the claws since. Haven't really fooled around with the beast rune at all.
>>
>>144153757
Except your upgrades and BLT will be so low at that point that it won't even matter. You're better off just upgrading the starting gun you picked so you can use it in the fight with Logy.
>>
>>144153196
>it's a purposeful effort on the part of the writer to make you think about it a little harder.

Of that there is no doubt, but the thing is, Gascoigne's daughter is using the smell to identify you as a hunter. So if you're willing to agree with that anon on this point, then why would she know you were a hunter if beast blood was all she could smell?
>>
>>144153196
>The fact that three women who all have ties to cainhurst all notice a special scent on you is absolutely purposeful and points to an affinity with the Moon Presence in the Cainhurst bloodline.

This is circular logic, Anon. Fauxsefka isn't of Cainhurst. You say Fauxsefka must be of Cainhurst because she smells the moon on you which is something only Cainhurst women do because three women (one of which is Fauxsefka) are of Cainhurst and smell the moon on you.

You say Arianna must know it's moon-scent because three women (one of which is Arianna) smells the moon on you but she doesn't mention the moon but it must be the moon she's smelling because only women of Cainhurst smell the moon despite one of them not being of Cainhurst.

You're saying what everyone else is smelling isn't the moon because the purposeful effect of people mentioning your smell is to make you think harder about it but only the people who specifically mention the moon are relevant and everyone else they just mention it for no reason aside from one woman who doesn't mention the moon at all.

Here's what we know: those you can summon with the Old Hunter Bell were once part of the Dream. You can summon Henryk and Gascoigne with the Old Hunter Bell. Gascoigne is his daughter's father. Henryk is Gascoigne's best buddy and likely knows his daughter. She recognises your smell because Gascoigne and Henryk have the same smell, having been imbued with MP's blood as well.

Yharnamites imbibe in the blood all the time. Beast blood is, quite literally, the lifeblood of Yharnam. It is everywhere. Everyone has it. Everyone uses it. When something is everywhere and used by everyone, that place tends to smell like that thing. Suggesting that everyone but those three commenting on your smell isn't significant because they're just smelling beast blood on you is fucking preposterous. I was going to go into finer detail, but comment too long. You are stupid.
>>
>>144153757
>>144153916
So does the evelyn actually do higher damage than repeating pistol? Both at +10 with 50 bt, either assuming no gems at all, or the same gems. Does bone marrow ash edge one or the other into being better? Where do the piercing rifle and blunderbuss fit into this? I've read that the blunderbuss does pretty good damage at point blank range with blood atk% + flat blood gem.

Sorry this is a lot of questions but I'm just curious as to which guns are worth using for spike damage on a 50 bt build. Excluding both cannons and the gatling gun, as they don't really fit into my builds stats. I'm obviously going to be using the evelyn for parry purposes.
>>
>>144155438
I am fairly certain that the Repeating pistol does more damage. It just doesn't do enough more to justify the extra bullet on BLT builds. I think the Piercing Rifle does more than the Evelyn.
>>
>>144155438
Repeating pistol will do more damage, but not even close to twice as much as the evelyn under equal conditions
It works out ok with bma as the higher damage on the repeater is magnified a little higher so the single shot damage reaches about 100-200 damage more with said bma, but without bma the damage difference is closer to 20-40 damage meaning the evelyn out damages the repeating pistol when you consider the repeating pistol can only shoot half as many times as the evelyn.
The piercing rifle does more damage than the evelyn until you get over 25 bt at which point the evelyn outscales it and outdamages it completely. Only benefit is the fact that the piercing rifle shoots through enemies, situational at best.
>>
>>144155652
I'll just test it out eventually.
This is build I'm planning on using: https://www.mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/17271
Would it be safe to drop endurance down to 13 in order get 50 vit? I'm looking at doing pvp as well as coop pve.
>>
>>144155438
Repeating Pistol does more damage per shot but it uses two bullets at a time. Evelyn does more damage per bullet.

Piercing Rifle is only useful for shooting into a crowd and hitting multiple targets, but at that point you can do more damage and hit more targets by just unzipping the Chikage into the crowd. Does higher base damage but Evelyn has much better scaling. It's worthless.

Blunderbuss, I've not actually used much in my BLT build so can't really say. It's probably better for parrying than Evelyn, though.
>>
>>144155889
>Would it be safe to drop endurance down to 13 in order get 50 vit?
I would leave it as is.
>>
Also I know the item description days it's "unreliable for counter attacks" but can the piercing rifle still parry?
>>
>>144156125
yeah, it can
>>
>>144156125
Yeah that description's a load of shit. The recovery time is only slightly slower than the pistols.
>>
Hey, the three hunters in Yahar'ghul don't respawn, do they?
Because I cheesed the whip hunter, but I kinda want to go head to head with the last two.
>>
>>144156074
You mean keep it as 15 end/48 vit or use the base 10 end from military veteran? I've always had my end between 15-20 but never lower than that.
>>
>>144155889
It would be safe. The difference (both to stamina and HP) will be fairly minimal anyway.
>>
>>144156318
I mean I would keep it at 15 END. I prefer 20 END when I can get it.
>>
>>144155889
Just be aware that 98 might be too high for co-op in the game's current state. I get better activity than signs in DS3 give me on builds from 65-80, but it gets notably worse in the 90+ range.
>>
>>144156167
>>144156297
One last question. Any info on using the blunderbuss for damage with a blood atk +28.7%/+7.3 flat blood damage gem?
>>
>>144156465
I was able to get summoned fairly frequently on my 116 str/arc build on all the DLC bosses + wet nurse and sometimes ebby. I could always see what it's like sitting at 88 by dropping vit down to 40 and end down to 13. I do love crushing vermin with my fellow confederates.
>>
>>144156668
idk about the blunderbuss, but I figured I'd also add that the Piercing Rifle's piercing effect is actually extremely useful.
>>
>>144154201
>Gascoigne's daughter is using the smell to identify you as a hunter.
She's using a smell. Not necessarily the moon smell.
> why would she know you were a hunter if beast blood was all she could smell?
Because that's how Hunters smell. Her father is a Hunter and that's how she knows.
>>
>>144154595
>she doesn't mention the moon
And specifically mentions how it's not a typical hunter scent. It must be something unique. Moon is the only other scent we have to refer to.
>You're saying what everyone else is smelling isn't the moon because the purposeful effect of people mentioning your smell is to make you think harder about it
No. I'm saying if everybody talks about one kind of smell and three other specifically mention a different one, you should probably try to figure out why that is. The moon scent thing isn't for nothing and it's clearly a Cainhurst thing.
>Yharnamites imbibe in the blood all the time. Beast blood is, quite literally, the lifeblood of Yharnam. It is everywhere. Everyone has it. Everyone uses it. When something is everywhere and used by everyone, that place tends to smell like that thing.
Okay and?
> Suggesting that everyone but those three commenting on your smell isn't significant because they're just smelling beast blood on you is fucking preposterous
I never said it was insignificant. Everybody except the Cainhurst women just smell a generic hunter. These women with special heritage are detecting a different scent, which is significant.

Jesus. There's no circular logic, only your profound idiocy.
>>
>>144156317
They don't
>>
>>144157453

I imagine the Byrgenwyrth scholars spent their time sitting around screaming at each other about how to transcend their humanity and how everyone else was utterly retarded for not agreeing with them.
>>
>>144157629
Thank god.
Now if only I could kill the fucking Beast claw one.
>>144157770
Funny, I was just thinking the same thing.
>>
>>144157092
Really, and what would that smell be? Especially considering how there's no basis for 'another' smell, and given her dad and uncle/grandpa are both established to be moon scented already?

See, you can't really go anywhere with this. The smell isn't strong enough.

I really want to change that last line but fuck it I'm leaving it in
>>
>>144157972
>Really, and what would that smell be
Hunter Smell. Moon smell is likely the smell of a Dreaming Hunter or one who's otherwise tied to MP
> her dad and uncle/grandpa are both established to be moon scented already?
Being a Hunter by no means makes you moon scented. Infact it's possible that it's only a trait seen on Dreaming Hunters. Gascoigne and his Father weren't Dreamers tied to the Hunter's Dream.
>>
Is there any way to make the gun portion of the reiter work for a bloodtinge build, completely ignoring the rapier? I know it only gets a D in bt scaling at +10 but the bloodlickers in the DLC drop +13.5 bt scaling droplets and I'm assuming (hoping) that there are better bloodtinge scaling gems in depth 5 chalices.
>>
>>144157858

"Yeah well maybe if you had a skull full of eyes you wouldn't be such a drooling moron, Willem! I'm gonna go start my own research institution! With blackjack and hookers!"
>>
Jesus Christ... I just got summoned to kill chalice Ebrietas and she dropped a damn Blood Rock!
>>
>>144158113
>Gascoigne and his Father weren't Dreamers tied to the Hunter's Dream.
they were, in that other anon's wall of text he sort of mentioned that you can summon them with the old hunter bell, which straight up tells you that everyone you can summon with it was bound to the dream
http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Old+Hunter+Bell

And again, if you can't provide any evidence for this illusive Hunter Smell other than just saying it's a thing that exists, this argument doesn't hold any water.
>>
>>144158195
"Well if you didn't spend all day Old God cum like wine Laurence, maybe you'd still have a skull!"
>>
>not greeting your summon
>or after beating the boss

Literally coming back to invade you
>>
So can you only get a total of 5 blood rock in NG without buying them with insight, right? One in mensis, one in the fishing hamlet and one in each of the three depth 5 chalices? And then in each subsequent play through you can only get the two from mensis/dlc due to chalices being separate from NG+ cycles?
>>
>>144158382
Ooh. Good find. I never took a look at that when they added it.

We still can't say that his daughter is smelling anything but Hunter smells on you though

> if you can't provide any evidence for this illusive Hunter Smell
It's referenced by dialogue all the time. Hunters stink of blood and beasts. It's an easily recognized odor.
>>
>>144158164
Not really. Most blt gems are circle shaped. If you want to try and get the gun side working, there's off shape farming which is true Korea. Otherwise cursed tempering 27.2's also work since they improve both the gun and the rapier.

>>144158195
All Depth 5 layer 3 bosses have the chance to give a blood rock
>>
Why is the Bloodletter so goddamn late into the game? What do I use until then if I want to go BLT/STR?
>>
>>144158382

What about Alfred, who you can summon in the chalice dungeons? I thought he had no tie to the dream, or was he one of the ones who said he used to dream?
>>
>>144158708
This
It doesnt take very long to do an animation
>>
>>144158328
Was meant to reply >>144159227
>>
>>144159264
kekhammer + repeating pistol
>>
>>144157858
Way that I killed the beast claw fucker was by using a blue elixer and sneaking up on him for a charged R2 into backstab. Blue elixer makes it difficult for him to notice you and his friend won't join the fight until the exiler wears off, giving you a chance to finish him off
>>
>>144159264
You can try and rush for letter
>Beat everyone up to Amelia as normal
>Get carried through Ludwig, Failures and Maria
>Run to lighthouse hut
>Go to Brador's cell
>>
>>144159460
I actually did the same thing, but without the blue Elixir. Motherfucker just stood there. I actually managed to get him with another charged R2 before his buddy joined in.
>>
>>144159039
Yes, and by end game you'll have enough insight to buy a rock. If you also picked up most/all Madman's Knowledge you should have enough to get another aswell.
>>
NG+2 rom
BL78
bbg123
>>
>Make new hunter
>end up with a str build again

I hate myself
>>
>>144159561
Ah, I think i needed the elixer because Whip Cane guy was alive at the time, and he wasn't having any of my bullshit
>>
>>144159845
Oh yeah, I cheesed him. threw a rock at him then locked myself in the cell downstairs.
>>
>>144159803
Ringing at fogg
>>
About to fight The One Reborn, any tips?
>>
>>144160221
Kill the dogs first.
>>
>>144160221
Bolt paper and Beast Blood Pellets end it quick
>>
>>144160269
Oh boy.
>>
>>144160014
Thenk
>>
>>144160221
ez

Kill the bell bitches, it's a cakewalk
>>
>>144159841
It's the only worthwhile way to play this game
>>
Speaking of the bloodletter, anyway to make it work on a pure arc build? I started one a bit ago and though I'm having a blast melting things with hunter tools I really miss my bloodletter, could I just get the base stats for it and pump some arc scaling gems in it or something? Would that even do anything? I'm really hoping I don't have to level BLT past 16 to do decent damage, high arc builds are already overleveled as it is

I thought about doing some weird 50blt/50arc build but I'm not sure the hunter tools would be viable at that point
>>
>>144160390
Welcome:)
>>
>>144160423
How do I reach the bell bitches?
>>
>>144160549
walk upstairs

all he is is Spooky Tower Knight
>>
>>144157453
>No. I'm saying if everybody talks about one kind of smell and three other specifically mention a different one
Everybody doesn't talk about a different kind of smell to Annalise and Fauxsefka. What they smell is exactly the same thing. The scent of the moon. The only difference between Annalise and Fauxsefka, and everybody else is that those two understand the significance of it.

>>144159219
>It's referenced by dialogue all the time. Hunters stink of blood and beasts. It's an easily recognized odor.
Never once is that stated anywhere. All that's stated is Hunters have a unique scent. The scent of the fucking moon.

>>144159274
Alfred can be summoned for BSB and he says when you first meet him, "I started out like you." He definitely had the dream, and it's likely how he got into being a Wheelbro. Alfred is basically the NPC embodiment of every guy you see running around in full Executioners screaming WHEEL and ravving up to celebrate a victory.
>>
>>144160530
Nope. You can't change the damage type on it.
>>
What's the best leg set
And why is it Henryk's and Maria's?
>>
>>144160530
The hunter tools would be fine. The problem is figuring out how to get high blt/arc with basic weapon requirements without sacrificing too much on vit/end. As for the bloodletter I don't think arc gems would make it viable at all since its still going to be split between phys and blood attack depending on which for you're using.
>>
>>144159219
Alright, I'm not sure if some of what I said got lost having posted right before that hard to follow poster, but basically

The point is that, if blood and beast smells are all over the place, which you've already agreed to, why is she using THAT smell to identify you as a hunter?

Beast blood is not a trait of hunters that only hunters express, and by the time you get to Yharnam the stench is everywhere (the Chapel Dweller even tells this to you straight up when you first meet him).

The moon scent meanwhile is. It's something that makes hunters that are part of the dream stand out, and something the little girl would no doubt familiar enough with to be pretty sure that someone that has it a hunter.

And the hunter's smell isn't really referenced by the dialogue outside of the alleged three cainhurst women and the daughter.

There's a dinstinction made for blood addled hunters, but that's another matter altogether.

>>144159274
He said he started out like you. Never a clear declaration, but the old hunter bell establishes that rule so he has to have.
>>
>>144160847
Leg sets are only there to compliment chest pieces thus there is no best leg set. Unless if there's a definite best chest piece, in which case that would be capeless hunter and then Henryk's would be best legs by default.

Maria's a shit.
>>
>>144160524
Sure it is but it's boring now.

I might say fuck the meta and take another skill up to 50

Will I not get shit for summoning at 160?
>>
>>144161138
Agreed, save the Maria's a shit

Cause it's not, you're a shit.
>>
>>144161138
>in which case that would be capeless hunter

Do you even Decorative Old Hunter's?

>>144161149
My main character's at 150 and there's plenty of action all over the place.
>>
File: 1460803062011.png (365KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1460803062011.png
365KB, 600x800px
I love Bloodborne.
>>
>>144161279
I actually use Decorative Old Hunter's on my Arc build. Old Hunter legs, Constable's Gloves, and Top Hat. Has the look of a magician.
>>
File: image.jpg (485KB, 1184x1046px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
485KB, 1184x1046px
All ask again, is there anything the surgical long gloves don't go with?

They're fantastic.
>>
>>144156465
98 is perfect for co-op in BB. 98 would be too high in DaS3.
>>
>>144161090
>why is she using THAT smell to identify you as a hunter?
Because the smell got stronger when you came close.
>>
>>144161279
Wait, isn't capeless hunter the Decorative Old Hunter's ?
>>
>>144160845
>>144160874
I knew I couldn't change the damage, was just hoping arc scaling gems would let me improve the blood damage with arcane, but I think those gems only work on elemental damage so that's fucked.

https://www.mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/17272

I guess this build is the best I can get in that case. 12 end shouldn't hurt too bad since the bloodletter is pretty light on stamina. I doubt anyone will give me shit for going to 117 with how retarded my build is
>>
>>144161528
B-But how strong the smell is doesn't have anything to do with anything
>>
>>144161492
Answer: Everything.

The Constable's Gloves look almost identical and have far better defensive stats (for what THAT's worth...)
>>
>>144161586
That's the dumbest shit I've ever seen. And I've watched Pixels.

Weapons in Bloodborne are great. Variety is the spice of life and all that shit. Don't waifu a weapon, Anon.
>>
>>144161586
Sure they will. Also why not just use the Pizza Cutter instead?
>>
>>144138857
From made plenty of Armored Core games, spinoffs and other mech games with similar gameplay. If you think the overabundance of Souls games recently has been bad then you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>144161528
You can approach without a drop of blood on you and she says the exact same thing.
>>
>>144161586
You can do whatever you want but I think it's best to have your build specialize in one set thing. Especially with BT and Arcane being their own separate beasts. The highest I would ever take arcane to on a BT build is 18 for augur/beast roar and on an Arcane build I would ignore BT completely. Like I said though, it's your character and if the Bloodletter is your absolute favorite weapon then go for it.
>>
>>144161279
Okay, I might do that. But gahh 120 is perfect for summons and that's all I do
>>
>>144161809
I already use it on a strength build, this one is just so I can use my two favorite things (bloodletter & hunter tools) at the same time. I've already done more cookie cutter characters, I just want to know if something like this is viable or if I should just not bother.
>>
Can a good hunter help me with cursed Hotdog?

Password is nightman. It'd be great if I could get two
>>
>>144161924
oh, and in the scenario where everyone can smell the moon scent on hunters, the moon scent takes precedence over the blood smell anyway, based on Arianna's dialogue.

And the daughter, who lives with two moon scented hunters, is the only one that smells you and goes 'yeah you're a hunter now find my papa or get the fuck away from my window'.
>>
How does the blue elixir work? Does it actually make you completely invisible to mobs AND other players? I remember trying it before to try and sneak up on some mobs from the side but I was still noticed and didn't seem to be any different aside from sneaking by walking.
>>
>>144162201
Also, for this fight should I but on the best fire sets?
>>
>>144162201
I'll start ringing.
>>
>>144161791
If you're wearing a long-sleeved chestpiece, the Constable's Gloves go under your sleeves, showing only your character's gloved hands in some instances. Meanwhile, the Surgical Gloves go over your sleeves, reaching up to your character's forearm. Depends on the look you're going for I suppose. Plus, the long gloves give your character slender-looking fingers, so I like them for female characters. This is really autistic, I realize.
>>
File: WASTE OF SKIN.png (94KB, 325x454px) Image search: [Google]
WASTE OF SKIN.png
94KB, 325x454px
>>144162162
then at least be honest with it instead of over-leveling to get it done. Over-leveling to do it doesn't really prove anything.
>>
>>144162321
Most of the time it doesn't matter, but for the cursed dungeons it can be the difference between an OHKO.

>>144162478
I prefer gloves not interfering with the sleeves, so that's where we differ here.
>>
>>144162478
No it's not anon.

don't be hard on yourself.
>>
>>144162321
I do. It helps marginally but every bit counts against something like Hotdog
>>
>>144162201
Why does no one just nose bop him?

>>144162321
Nah, just don't get hit.
>>
>>144162591
Different strokes, I suppose. I feel like they break up some outfits pretty nicely, however -- like the female version of the Knight's Set or Maria's Set. Shame they have such bad Frenzy resistance.
>>144162596
You're too kind, anon.
>>
>>144162756
Jesus you really are completely retarded.
>>
>>144162512
What kind of weird ass build is this?
>>
>>144162512
Jack of one trade, master of none build right there
>>
>>144162443
Okay, I'm at the door
>>
>>144161090
>There's a dinstinction made for blood addled hunters, but that's another matter altogether.
And, more importantly, it's not a matter pertaining to YOU, the player, aka, a moon scented hunter.

Hopefully this discussion will set in stone how Loranon did not in fact get drowned solely in shitposting for what he tried to discuss.
>>
>>144162964
>>144162948
>>144162912
Look at these 'tards out of no where.
>>
>>144163036
I don't think that needed setting in stone. Guy's an idiot. Everyone knows it.
>>
>>144162512
>>144162964
Ya I'm thinking I'm just going to forget about it, no point in using two things at once when they both suck
>>
I need to find components for the Ailing Loran Chalice Ritual, where do I find 9 Ritual Blood (4) and 3 Coldblood Flowerbuds?
>>
>>144163176
It isn't that they suck so much as they don't really work together.
>>
File: bQDTC8T.png (201KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
bQDTC8T.png
201KB, 800x600px
http://imgur.com/a/Amxgo

>tfw rifling though old lore shit like a madman because DaS3 does nothing for you
>>
My bad ringing again
>>
>>144163296
Lower Pthumeru Snatchers and Watchers drop Ritual Blood (4), Coldblood Flowerbuds are scattered around Nightmare Frontier
>>
>>144163176
Good call. Its better to use letter on a separate blt build to your arc one as tedious as making a new one might be. 25 blt for a weapon that needs it is just a trash suggestion in itself.
>>
>>144163296
After finding two Coldblood Flowerbuds in the Nightmare Frontier, they become available for purchase at the Insight Bath. Ritual Blood (4) can be farmed from the Sackboys in Lower Pthumeru.
>>
>>144163419
>Nightmare Frontier
Ah man, not that place again.
I hate poison swamps.
>>
i'm sure this has been asked quite a few times but I got this game a few months ago, managed to beat the game a few times with different builds and all the endings but never had psn.
I subscribed to it pretty recently and coop is fun and I'm trying to get used to pvp, with this being my first souls game but what's up with all the talk about 98 being a good level to stop at? all my offline builds went a good bit higher than this.
and what ive read on different forums most people say the optimal level to stop at is between 120-150. why do people here suggest so much lower? is it just a /bbg/ thing, something to seperate us from the communities? i realize that being lower level forces you to specialize heavy in mostly one thing rather than being a jack of all trades. but if most everyone who plays this game is between 120-150, aren't you preventing yourself from playing with them? (do you even want to?)

sorry for the rambling and formatting, typing on the ps4 browser atm.
>>
>>144163592
>but if most everyone who plays this game is between 120-150, aren't you preventing yourself from playing with them?
Yes.
>(do you even want to?)
No.
>>
God bless ya
>>
>>144163878
RIP Alfred
>>
>>144163343
Ya that's kinda what I meant, you lose so much from each putting them both on the same character. I'm sure the damage from the bloodletter would still be decent with 25blt but I'd think the hunter tools would be too weak at 40arc and I'd just get frustrated whenever I try using them, especially compared to the 72arc build I have now
>>
>>144163349
finish the two tutorial areas
>Sulyvahn lore

Cathedral
>Sulyvahn and Aldrich lore

Farron Keep
>Abyss Watchers lore, all DS1 references, less lore than the Curse Rotted Greatwood

Carthus
>a bunch of things from DS1 are now dead. There was a big skeleton who had his covenant cut from the game. That's it.

Irithyll
>Sulyvahn and Aldrich (suprise, more DS1 references)

Irithyll Dungeon
>more Sulyvahn

Profaned Capital
>Sulyvahn again, Yhorm has even less lore than the Abyss Watchers

Lothric Castle
>Pilgrims, Butterflies, weird implications about dragons, cool looking candle guys, time travel, lots of cool shit that hasn't been used this explicitly in Dark Souls before
>all of it gets sidelined for muh Gwyn at the end

ok but how does the rest of the game tie into this though, that could be pretty cool
>it doesn't
>only other area left in the game is DS1 references disconnected from the rest of the game on all levels including physical
o-ok
>>
>>144163592
also most people here recommend having your endurance anywhere from 10-20 but hardly ever higher. however, plenty of pvp videos that show their builds, as well as people posting them all over the place have their endurance between 30-40! where does this idea even come from? rolling hardly eats any stamina. even on my very first character I had planned to level endurance equally with vitality but realized very quickly that 30+ endurance was absolutely a waste of points, even when using the tricked version of ludwig's holy blade - which eats up a good bit of stamina.
>>
>>144163963
I Platted the game with an even worse build (40/20/30/20/20/40) before we agreed to the 98 meta, so do what you like.
>>
>>144164309
People who think repeatedly pressing R1 is effective.
>>
File: gemless bbg FC 3.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
gemless bbg FC 3.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>144164309
Here we have a 98 meta. Else where they go all the way to 120.

I prefer 20 end myself. This is with 22 end and one run boosting my stamina.

But if you are going to 120 anyway, you can afford to waste stats by end-gouging. You also have to realize that most of them are also R1 spamming shitters.
>>
Anything I should to before starting NG plus?
>>
What would be the best weapon for a 43 twink? This is the first time considering making a twink both for coop and invasion and I was considering an arcane wheel but it has pretty hefty min stat requirements.
>>
Tomb Prospector Trousers have heels.

hnnnnnnggggg
>>
>>144165037
kill all the NPCs, make sure you picked up everything from the Upper Cathedral including the gesture and the eye badge because dealing with the wolves and ayys on NG+ and higher is a fucking bitch
>>
>Fighting Logarius
>get a good chunk of health out of him, stagger one of his slow ass melee scythe swings and visceral him
>this causes him to skip his charge up and just run at me like a madman
OH SHIT
>>
>>144164304
Don't forget Rosaria's Fingers, one of the very few things in DS3's lore that doesn't rely tremendously on other games (and it really sounds like Miyazaki voicing personal disdain for respecs).
>>
File: Str Twink build.jpg (413KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Str Twink build.jpg
413KB, 1920x1080px
>>144165146
>>
>>144165362
Hm, that could work with an unticked wheel. I was also considering the saif for maximum faggot potential.

Where would be the spots to invade at 43?
>>
File: 1461215017565.jpg (11KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1461215017565.jpg
11KB, 325x325px
Hey, where's the Defiled Chalice layer 3 lever?

I just wanna get this over with.
>>
>>144165595
I don't invade with it but a Gatling gun ans pizza cutter is maximum faggot at level 43.
>>
>>144165595
That build would not work with a wheel by the account that it could not equip a wheel.
>>
>>144165595
Saif/Rakuyo will be better for pve, saw is better for pvp.

Honestly I have the most fun in both pve and pvp with my Kos Parasite twink, but that takes a good 20 hours to get it all set up with the gems. Pain in the ass, but very fun. You'll have good luck invading midgame (forest-yara) and the dlc, and I can even get people in the cathedral from time to time.
>>
>>144165932
>Saif/Rakuyo will be better for pve, saw is better for pvp.
Scratch that, I'm retarded. Saif/Rakuyo will be better for PVP, saw is better for PVE. I should learn to type.
>>
>>144165595
Forbidden Woods and Byrgenwerth are good spots. Wheel needs 10 arc to hold
>>
>>144165761
>Spend all your echoes
>Look for an open hallway to the back right of the main room
>Follow it
>Go down the ladder
>Run into room with rats and watcher
>Pull lever
>Don't bother escaping and commit an hero to respawn without losing echoes
>>
>>144166095
>>144165931
Yeah I'm running into trouble getting a build to work out with the wheel. I only wanted to use it because it's intimidating and (imo) has a pretty fun moveset.
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 960x720px
I'm sorry to ask but can I get with defiled Amy?

Pass is nightman
>>
>>144166282
https://youtu.be/DZq3AnAZlDg

literally easier to solo it
>>
>>144166427
I can't do the jump cheese worth a shit Luci
>>
>>144166059
Oh man I didn't even think of the Rakuyo. I don't even know if my conscience could handle it though.
>>
>>144166427
>that nonexistant visceral damage
Ah feels great to be skill and 3x clawmark
>>
http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/archaeology/study-confirms-king-tutankhamuns-dagger-was-made-from-meteorite/news-story/282e3fa339ac83a6e8c8975d761075c8

King Tut had a blade of mercy.
>>
File: Wheel Twink.png (460KB, 992x1370px) Image search: [Google]
Wheel Twink.png
460KB, 992x1370px
>>144166275
You could use something like this and put the extra points into whatever
>>
what do the bigass bells in chalices do?
>>
>>144167068
Aggro everything in ear shot if you hit them.
>>
File: 1460500843836.gif (733KB, 288x422px) Image search: [Google]
1460500843836.gif
733KB, 288x422px
Can I get a gank for the Orphan of Kos?

Pass will be bbg
>>
>>144166939
>Egypt was actually built on top of Loran
>>
>>144165362
transvestite
>>
>>144167068
Enemies would come to you if you hit it, if there's gargoyles stuck in the ceiling somewhere they drop down
>>
>>144166958
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/17273
is what I came up with.

Gives me the wheel + cannon, gatling gun and repeating pistol.
>>
>>144167181
omw
why is it always mid-fap
>>
>>144167347
Sorry, to do tha to you anon.
>>
>>144167347
>what is multi-tasking
>>
Ringing again. A third anon would be fantastic
>>
>>144167259
That's pretty good, it'll definitely work
>>
>>144167678
apparently I don't have that in me
>>
>Abyssal Gems

Do these exist for all shapes and is rating 20 the max?

Are they only for Arcane or every type of gem?

fuckin gems...
>>
>>144166738
Speaking from experience; it sucks to get but its fucking awesome. Plus Saif can carry you there, and you can always summon for help.
>>
Got himmm

Thanks a bunch anon.
>>
>>144167902
on the bright side of this I just noticed the black ripple effect that comes from Orphan's shadow after the fight loads in briefly when you respawn at the Coast lantern

that's cool I guess
>>
>>144167947
You can get Cold and Nourishing Abyssal radials in Iyll root, Triangle in Isz, and Waning in Loran. Cold, Nourishing and Heavy(Strength) are the only ones worth farming I think. 20 is the max rating
>>
>>144168280
oh, good, np
>>
Does Logarius have any elemental weaknesses?
I keep almost killing the guy but I need a little more of an advantage.
>>
Any tips for killing simon? Only bl30 and he rekts me pretty hard if I get hit. I saw people suggesting to use the hunter's axe to smash him as he walks out the door, causing him to backstep, repeat until dead. This was working out pretty well but he sometimes he quicksteps forward through the door and kills me.
>>
>>144168590
Weak to parry.
I believe he is actually strong to all forms of arcane damage.

Also don't let him power up or you're in trouble.
>>
>>144168691
I helped a friend do this, I sat myself in the doorway so he couldn't go through and my friend wailed on him from the other side of the door with an unupgraded rifle spear for like 30 damage a pop.
>>
>>144168809
I've been pretty successful at getting him with a visceral before he powers up, and the last two fights he's been low enough that I can almost finish him, but he gets me with a combo and I die.
>>
>>144168809
It took me so long to figure out that you can't really parry him if he powers up, I thought the reason most of my shots were going over his head was a shitty bug
>>
Any one needing help?
>>
>>144168691
I think you can parry his bow shots
>>
what's the best possible setup for the beast claws that doesn't account for abyssals?
>>
>>144169406
Normal Physical gems from Watchers
>>
Anyone know which sliders decrease the appearance of nasalabial folds? Ive been trying to make a qt but they seem impossible to decrease.
>>
>>144169927
Just look up Lady Maria sliders. The Elsa slider make a GOAT qt
>>
>>144169927
Laugh lines are altered under skin color
>>
where can I get summoned at this hour?
>>
>>144170341
SRRC works pretty fast any time
>>
Well I soft capped str what should I take to plus ten?
>>
>>144170740
Saw? Wheel? I personally think the Boomhauer is pretty fun too.
>>
>>144167231
If you say so.
>>
>>144170804
I don't like the Boomhamer movest. And I don't the any BLT so no wheel. Might go pizza cutter or beast cutter, but I've heard it's worthless with out blunt gems
>>
>>144170740
Whirly and Axe are OP but fun as hell when used together.
>>
Do all the pony tails clip through full masks?
>>
>>144171646
No
>>
>>144171018
How about the Amy Arm? I've had fun with it.
>>
>>144171515
What gems should I use for the pizza cutter?
>>
>>144173043
I didn't know it was a full str weapon actually, cool
>>
>>144171515
uh, physical gems, maybe a str boosting one
>>
>>144173474
ty Luci
>>
File: 1463762825021.png (481KB, 771x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463762825021.png
481KB, 771x720px
Should my second playthrough be skill or arcane? I want to try the whip this time
>>
>>144174204
Arcane is fun and the cane can be used on either playthrough
>>
>>144174204
always go arc
>>
File: 20160602_004936.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160602_004936.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
r8 my build
>>
>>144175461

With a picture like that, fuck right off.
>>
>>144175461
My little anon can't be this stupid.
>>
File: Doc.jpg (777KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Doc.jpg
777KB, 2048x1152px
Made my first arcane playthrough as a scholar type character and was wondering if I fucked up start wise.
>>
>>144176508
You can take higher quality pictures with the high quality pictures button, you know.
>>
File: Stats.jpg (1018KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Stats.jpg
1018KB, 2048x1152px
>>144176508
>>
>>144176609
Looks good so far
>>
What are the best pvp areas?
>>
So did Byrgenwerth have a mascot
>>
>>144177281
Rom
>>
>>144177153
Frontier, Mensis, most places in DLC. Also kinda depends on level
>>
>>144177521
I thought being a Hunter of Hunter's makes you invade when you join someone.
>>
>cant find anyone to pvp with at 1:30 AM on a tuesday night
dead FUCKING game
>>
>>144177827
That's a small chance of happening. Better off ringing the Sinister Bell. If you and someone agree to fight each other by summoning, you can do this by one having the Corruption rune and the other having the Radiance rune
>>
casual reminder that winter lanterns are actually adorable and just want to give you hugs
>>
File: 1464782813435.png (21KB, 357x313px) Image search: [Google]
1464782813435.png
21KB, 357x313px
>When you haven't played in months and cant remember what you have and haven't done on a character.

Fuck. me. I cant be fucked making ANOTHER character.
>>
>>144178671
What areas do you have open from the Hunter's Dream?
>>
I know I need to do Miccolash and Amygdala. I played for 20 minutes earlier and cleared the lecture hall and just quit out because I was disheartened. I have all 4 base headstones open and the DLC. I am surprised how much I don't remember about the game.
>>
>>144179048
If you're at Micolash then you have 2-3 main bosses left, and who knows how many optional ones.

Honestly it might be a good idea to either finish off that run and start the next NG cycle, or start a new character if you don't remember much about the game. You have the chance to play a pseudo-first time run again if you don't remember much
>>
File: 1455394910167.jpg (7KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
1455394910167.jpg
7KB, 209x241px
I've talked to Alfred and agreed to co-op with him, but I can't see his summon sign for BSB. I've killed Amelia already so did that remove the summon sign?
>>
>>144176971
Really? Considering that I don't have any arcane items I get about 100 a hit
>>
>>144178671
That's why when I quit, I always leave my character in front of whatever they need to do next. If they need to beat Gascan, just for example, I would leave them standing in front of his fog gate, so even if I restarted months later, I would know exactly what I was doing.
>>
File: 6rd2rZc8Q1vp0scto2_r1_1280.png (1MB, 698x1111px) Image search: [Google]
6rd2rZc8Q1vp0scto2_r1_1280.png
1MB, 698x1111px
>>144179660

Okay, that helps. I'll save Micolash for now. I figured out I haven't done upper cathedral ward so I'm heading to do that now.

>>144179862

When I got on, I was in the DLC area. I am only 59 so I feel a little under leveled for it. At least I think I am.
>>
>>144180039
Yeah upper cathedral ward has some stuff to do, have fun. Just remember that if you want to progress your next area is Nightmare of Mensis
>>
>>144180039
Were you rushing for a weapon? What does your build look like?
>>
>>144179769
50 Arcane is good for weapons. If you're not hitting hard then it's probably the gems, weapon upgrade level and/or what elements you're using on certain enemies that could be the problem.
>>
>>144179728
I think it does, as killing amelia causes him to move near the path in the cathedral ward that leads you to the gatekeeper guarding the forbidden woods.
>>
>>144179769
Do you have a weapon converted into fire/bolt/arcane?
>>
>>144180294

I am using the Blade of Mercy +9
35 vit, 20 end, and 30 skill.
I am pretty sure everything else is base.
I am gonna up my arcane to use the Augur and Old hunter bone next.
>>
>>144180579
Sounds like you were rushing for the Saif.
>>
>>144180639
>>144180579
Also, those stats are more than enough to do the DLC pretty comfortably
>>
>>144180403
Yeah, that makes sense. Oh well. I wanted to try out all the new NPCs, I'll have to be careful next time.
>>
>>144180843
It might still be pretty tough if he hasn't played in a while man, most people go in there around level 70-80 as far as I'm aware
>>
>>144181061
If you have 30+ vit, 15 to 20 End, and a +9 weapon, presumably with Mensis gems, you will breeze through regardless of level. It might take so readjustment, but that area is just as valid for getting back in shape as any other, probably more so.
>>
File: 1462348169553.jpg (401KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
1462348169553.jpg
401KB, 1280x1811px
>>144180843
>>144181061

I am really rusty. I used fucking DSP doorway tactics to kill the 3 werewolves that drop from the chandelier. But I just killed celestial emissaries. I never did UCW before and coming back from DS3, I forgot how eerie this game is.
>>
>>144182302
Don't forget to hit the window at Lumenwood Gardens
>>
>>144182302
That's fine, those 3 werewolves are a pain in the ass to fight normally, no shame in fighting from the doorway. Don't listen to Lucifer, he's a retard, just get used to the game at your own pace.

I can tell you there's something else in that area you might not have found, have a look around
>>
How close is Simon to the very first DLC lamp? I just wanna go in to the new area to ice Simon for his Bowblade.
>>
>>144183067
You have to reach the first shortcut, so at least to the bridge in the blood river
>>
>>144183161
Is it possible to get there if I just run past everything? I'm level 30 and have a Threaded Cane +4 so killing enemies there doesn't seem to be very possible for me. This is my first time playing BB with the DLC so I'm not very familiar with the new stuff.
>>
>>144183461
Yeah, you can make it if you run. Might die a few times if you don't know the way though but it is definitely doable.
>>
>>144183461
Yeah put your running shoes on and never stop running, you'll make it. There's a shortcut to the first lantern right next to Simon as well
>>
File: e2-1024x576.jpg (148KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
e2-1024x576.jpg
148KB, 1024x576px
>>144182635
>>144182692

I killed Ebrietas. It looks like the altar she seemed to be mourning at is similar to Rom. I guess back to do Amygdala now.
>>
File: 20160602113917_1.jpg (555KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160602113917_1.jpg
555KB, 1920x1080px
Wolven + Gray dye + Cintrium Pendulum + Alchemy build = Best Geralt

Prove me wrong
>>
>>144183954
Good shit man
>>
>>144183729
>>144183876
Sweet. I have no idea where I'm going but I'm just gonna go run and die until I find where I need to be.
>>
>>144184036
Geralt isn't anime enough to survive Bloodborne.
>>
File: GRANT US EYES.jpg (185KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
GRANT US EYES.jpg
185KB, 1100x619px
>>144184036
Would Geralt make a good hunter?
>>
>>144184507
I don't know how, but I managed to find the right place on my first try without dying. Time to put this guy 6 feet under.
>>
Post doll
>>
>>144185041
Good luck, he can be a bastard at low level.
>>
How come I never see the church pick get any love around here? I picked it up on a skill build a few hours ago, fell in love with it and immediately to it to +10. No regrets.
>>
I haven't played this game since about a month after it came out, but I hear it has a bunch of DLC added? What exactly is it?
>>
>>144185419
one DLC that added a few great areas and bosses, as well as almost doubled the number of weapons
>>
>>144185656

Any decent trophies or just regular boss shit?

Do I have to play copypasta dungeons again to access any of this content?
>>
>>144185753
Regular boss trophies and you only need dungeons if you want a lost/uncanny version of a weapon-but that's same for vanilla game.
>>
>>144184725
>Fast
>Relies on ripostes
>uses spells to repel foes/lay traps
>All those potions and shit, witchers are mutants already

Basically yes, he might even be better than a normal hunter thanks to his magic.
>>
>>144185753
I don't know about trophies since I don't give a shit about those, but nah no extra chalice dungeons. You just enter the DLC area and look around
>>
>>144185872

Oh thank fuck for that. I seem to remember there being specific dungeon types you could make to make those weapons easier to find anyway so that shouldn't be a problem if I get desperate.

Is this new content post-game or any time? What sort of SL should I be?
I don't actually own a PS4 but I'm fairly sure my save is in the cloud.
>>
>>144185991
It's harder than most things in the main game in my opinion, so whatever level you'd be when you reach the final boss would be fine.

Wasn't really any post-game anyway other than NG+ so no to that
>>
desu the yharnam hunter set should've been the default look in promotional art.
>>
>>144185243
Yeah he's wrecking my shit. I once managed to get him down to a sliver but I was out of healing items and QS bullets so he killed him.
>>
>>144108632
Unless Cainhurst was a family name. In which case calling someone "a Cainhurst" is fine.
>>
>>144148758
>Everyone can smell the moon on you
Including the Mensis Brain.
>>
>>144186698
Can you summon for there? Want a hand with it to get your weapon?
>>
>>144185656

How long is the DLC?
>>
>>144187016
Summons can't attack simon but you can stand in the doorway to block him while the host hits him with charged attacks from an angle.
>>
>>144187136
8-10 hours first time maybe, depends how hard the bosses fuck you
>>
Man, do I wish the Boom Hammer had a better moveset. Even if it was just a bit more varied I could really get into. Love the concept, love the look but it leaves a lot to be desired.
>>
>>144187016
Thanks for the offer but I'm good. I managed to kill the sucker and got the bow. The weapon pretty fun, but the arrows are a bit disappointing. Granted my Bloodtinge *is* still 15, but I expected the arrows to do more than 50 damage (100 if I use the charged shot) with a Bowblade +4. Does Bone-Marrow Ash work with the Bowblade?
>>
>>144187645
Nope. But get some good gems and always get yourself summoned if someone here has trouble with defield Amy. Bowblade is easymode for that boss.
>>
File: 1464596636768.png (810KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1464596636768.png
810KB, 1024x576px
Well, I resumed my playthrough I left off at months ago. I picked up where I left (once I figured out what I needed to do yet) and in a few hours I did Celestial Emissary, Ebrietas, and Micolash. I already have my 3 umbilical cords but before I finish the last few bosses, I still have the DLC to do, which I know nothing about other than Ludwig and Maria.

All I could think of while playing though Dark Souls 3 was how much I missed BB. I'd say the only thing DS3 does better is offer more weapons and silly pvp fun.
>>
>>144188070
I agree that I like the wide variety of weapons and how many phantoms can be in one game, but the weapons in a class (Say straight swords or Greatswords) are so similar there's almost no difference between them other than appearance. I think trick weapons are way more fun to use.

I just wish the BB had a higher limit to phantoms and maybe some better covenants (Although I do like the interaction between Vilebloods and Executioners, it rarely ever happens)
>>
getting repeatedly destroyed in chalice dungeons doesn't feel great

so bummed out right now
>>
>>144191651
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE
you can do it
>>
>>144191703
gee thanks anon, but i need a rest
>>
Is it even possible to get back to the very top levels of the clocktower if you turn the stairs and then die up there? I dropped a few hundred thousand souls up there and I've been wandering around for half an hour and can't find my way back up.
>>
>>144192030
take the elevators next to adeline as high as you can
>>
File: wew.jpg (96KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
96KB, 500x500px
Out of curiosity, is there a reason Witcher 3 and Soulsborne are always compared to each other?

Have you guys played the Witcher series or do Souls fans genuinely hate Witcher games and vice versa?
>>
File: 1445604626474.jpg (5KB, 153x179px) Image search: [Google]
1445604626474.jpg
5KB, 153x179px
>fighting against boss or hunter NPC
>fight is really tight
>it's close, but I die
>hands shaking from the adrenaline and all consecutive tries go to shit
>>
>>144192386
Both have swords and monsters so they are going to be compared to each other by idiots. I remember when Demon's Souls was compared to Monster Hunter, and there's always one idiot in every thread who still does it.
>>
>>144192390
My hands were shaking by the time I finished Rom in lower pthumeru yesterday, ran out of vials and there were spiders everywhere waiting for me to stand still. Still managed to get the last few hits in that killed it.
>>
>>144192090
Ah, I missed that side path that connects the opposite floors.

>>144192390
Sometimes you just gotta take a 5 minute break.
>>
So insight = eyes on your brain?
>>
>>144192940
Yes.
>>
File: image.jpg (118KB, 750x526px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 750x526px
Playing DaS3 now. Not loving it as much as I thought, but I've made most of the makable builds in Bloodborne. Maybe the PvP will win me over, but it's a bad sign when 3 makes me want to go back to 2. Is Bloodborne's PvP still active?
>>
>>144192386
It's been compared to Monster Hunter and Dragon's Dogma as well. People just like comparing things that are vaguely related in tangential ways because people are idiots. There's also the fact people just always bring it up for no reason. Like you.
>>
>>144192940
Not literally, unless you consider the pigs with a hundred eyes to be a successful experiment. It's like a sixth sense. You're more in tune with the world and can experience beyond human limitations, which is why at 40 insight you can see and hear some of the shit that Rom is hiding.
Although in gameplay terms it's just a resource for co-op and buying upgrade rocks and chalice materials. Honestly one of the most disappointing aspects of the game. I love insanity meters in Lovecraft-inspired games, but in Bloodborne it's just cash.
>>
>>144193243
You can get matchmatched on mensis in 1-2 minutes if your level is 60-98
>>
>>144193345
I think there's a couple of other changes that insight makes, but yeah overall they could have done way more with it than just the amygdalas being visible sooner
>>
>>144192386
fuck off you little nigger
>>
>>144194179
It'd be nice if you could see a small smudge on the moon at 99 insight from the hunter's dream, representing the MP.
>>
>>144194402
I just looked it up, had no idea about the Mad Ones in Hemwick or the healing church guys shooting out of their lanterns being based on insight, but nothing really happens past 40-50

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Insight
>>
>>144138857
ACV and Verdict Day both released during the Souls age, anon.

Also, the console release of DaS was in 2011 and it's 2016 right now, but that's just nitpicking your numbers.
>>
I platinum'd DK 3, it was meh
decided to go back to BB and make a new character, anyone can post that pic of how to make an Arcane build?
>>
>>144195740
It should be in one of the pastebins.
>>
>>144195828
couldn't find it
will try again but I swear it wasn't there
>>
File: readImage.jpg (9KB, 375x281px) Image search: [Google]
readImage.jpg
9KB, 375x281px
post yfw you discover that the final boss from bloodborne 2 is the ascended hunter from bloodborne
>>
>>144196163
>bloodborne 2
>being made
kek
>>
>>144195937
Found it, It's in Benjies imgur.
>>
File: 71437t234y1.jpg (15KB, 575x426px) Image search: [Google]
71437t234y1.jpg
15KB, 575x426px
>>144196163
>tfw the doll is the final boss and if you kill her the ascended hunter appears
>>
>>144196339
oh yeah, nvm found it
thanks
time to become a space brocolli
>>
File: 23324.gif (499KB, 320x135px) Image search: [Google]
23324.gif
499KB, 320x135px
>>144196163
>NOT YOU SQUIDFAGGOT AGAIN
>>
>>144196163
The last thing I want is a Bloodborne sequel that ignores your choices in the previous game and panders to the player at the same time, like they did with Dark Souls.
>>
>>144197102
>He woke up
>>
File: 1463112699423.png (370KB, 500x435px) Image search: [Google]
1463112699423.png
370KB, 500x435px
Does the digital version of BB have shorter load times than the physical version? I know the digital version of DaS2 did.
I'm willing to shell out 20 quick bucks for the digital version just for this and then pass my physical copy on to a buddy or something.
>>
>>144199527
Never heard of that.
>>
>>144180363
Alright, thanks for the tip.
>>144180487
I don't have gems that convert weapons properties yet.
>>
Which bloodborne boss is the most underrated? I vote for maneater boar.
>>
>>144201376
Why maneater boar? He's exactly like the pigs in Yahar'gul.

The most underrated bosses are:
>Laurence
>Living Failures
>Queen Yharnam
>Pthumerian Elder
>Watchdog of the Old Lords
>Abhorrent Beast
>>
>>144201651
Sarcasm, it's a wonderful new concept that was created just moments ago.
>>
>>144201376
Witches. There's a lot to learn about that fight and I think it's kinda cool.
>realizing that you don't have to engage the summons
>realizing that you can kill the second witch before the first and skip the second phase
>realizing that you can re-enter the fight with 0 insight to remove the summons altogether
>>
File: 14.gif (680KB, 222x139px) Image search: [Google]
14.gif
680KB, 222x139px
>>144201776
>realizing that you can re-enter the fight with 0 insight to remove the summons altogether

What the fuck seriously
>>
>>144202150
Yeah, use your BHM to leave, spend your insight, come back and they wont' spawn.
Funny how enough knowledge can turn a potentially frustrating fight into the biggest cakewalk in the game.
>>
>>144202247
>wanting to be a beastly idiot with 0 insight
>>
>>144201776
Probably the best puzzle boss From made.
>>
>>144202314
Fool's Idol is my fav.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 285x481px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 285x481px
>>144194097
Sounds like what I remember. Wonder if my 119 (first character) can find some action too. If not, I've got a 113 and several 98s gemed for fun.

And another playthrough would do me good. Anyone ever figure out how to make poison not suck?
>>
Just wanna confirm that the plat theme reward is NOT EU only, it took a week and a half but I just got mine on an NA account.
>>
File: hoonter.webm (2MB, 686x618px) Image search: [Google]
hoonter.webm
2MB, 686x618px
begging for someone to buy me old hunters dlc. im sshort on cash right now
>>
>>144200929
Once you get gems that convert physical weapons to elements you'll be hitting pretty hard. Thing about Arcane builds is they require going through chalice dungeons to get good gems for your weapons. Bolt gems in the DLC are probably the best elemental gems you can get outside of dungeons
>>
>>144206473
Fuck off.
>>
File: iVuICkR.webm (538KB, 726x500px) Image search: [Google]
iVuICkR.webm
538KB, 726x500px
>>144206663
ok
>>
>>144201776
>>realizing that you can re-enter the fight with 0 insight to remove the summons altogether

Fucking WHAT?!
>>
Any advice on how to actually damage bosses quickly? From my experience they're "smart" enough to try and play keepaway and basically keep you at ranges where they can hit you but you can't hit them, meaning that bosses do a lot of running away if I try to go on the aggressive, and often jump or dash away after taking one hit. It's ridiculously boring to play against.
>>
>>144207436
Mad ones are incapable of spawning in the fight if you have 0 insight, if you use an insight gain item inside the fight they instantly start spawning.
>>
>>144207582
Which bosses are you talking about in particular?
>>
>>144207582
>equip saw cleaver or saw spear
>use fire paper or bolt paper as necessary
>run at them
>press R1 a bunch

Use a beast blood pellet too if you want.
>>
File: 1455367730166.jpg (129KB, 668x712px) Image search: [Google]
1455367730166.jpg
129KB, 668x712px
>enter a creepy Nazgûl boss fight
>I'm doing OK kiting them around
>kill one of them, think "alright!"
>snakes burst out of their chests and now they are even more dangerous
>kill 2nd one, the last one starts summoning giant fucking snakes

I could've lived without that
>>
>>144203012
Rapid poison builds benefit from fast hitting weapons like Blade of Mercy and Tricked Wheel dash r1s. I heard a Rapid Poison Chikage is pretty good since I think tricked it has some Rapid Poison already built into it. There's a guy on YouTube name Withane I think who has vids on poison builds you can watch
>>
>>144207793
Right now, Ludwig's being a real bitch about it in particular. Using Whirligig Saw and Amygdalan Arm.
>>144208250
I'd like to at least pretend that there is more than one decent way to play the game. Even if it's a From title.
>>
>>144207582
The fast bosses are always also weak enough to be staggered if you hit them quick enough and hard enough. Take Ludwig's first phase. Go for his back legs and he'll spend half the time on his side. Then second phase he just stands there and lets you wreck him, so long as you don't dodge like a retard.
>>
>>144209724
My MO against Ludwig is to stay at medium range, wait for him to attack, dash through and go for his sides and hind legs until he backs off again, but I think I'm not doing enough damage to stagger him all that often. +7 Whirligig Saw with fairly weak gems, doing around 220 damage per R1. Maybe I'm just undergeared? Is there a decent location to get better gems than 10.5%s before Ludwig?
>>
>>144210108
Eat a beast poop pellet, they're amazin with the Whirly.
>>
>>144206473
>1 hand kirkhammer
>>
Bloodborne
>>
>>144212002
Oh shit you're right...
>>
>>144210108
>My MO against Ludwig is to stay at medium range
No wonder it's taking so long. Rush him down. If you're playing keepaway whilst he's playing keepaway it's obviously not going to be a quick affair.
>>
File: 1455797250338.png (209KB, 800x590px) Image search: [Google]
1455797250338.png
209KB, 800x590px
>>144207662
Does this work for chalice dungeons too?
>>
>>144212206
If I try to go in hard on him I either just get headbutted or charged, or he jumps away from me. The only opportunity I have to hit him is when he's attacking.
>>
>>144212002
Who?
>>
>>144212896
Learn to avoid the headbutt and dodge the charge.
>>
Can I ever buy beast blood pellets with echos?
>>
File: 1460248858115.gif (405KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1460248858115.gif
405KB, 500x282px
>>144213568
Can I get some friendly help with cursed Amygalda?
>>
>>144183067
>>144212206
>No wonder it's taking so long. Rush him down.
This. In his first for you want to be hugging the left side of him as much as you can, and in his second form you want to be hugging his ass.
>>
>>144213857
Didn't mean to reply to that anon
>>
>>144213887
But what if he's not letting me hug him?
>>
>>144129308
Scan it.
>>
>>144214816
Then buy him dinner first.
>>
Irithyll Dungeon is so fun

>picking up items activate screamers
>enemies pushing me off ledges
>enemies that are swinging through walls at me
>Jailers ganging up on me
>everything is dark as shit

I just know this is gonna be a fun area.
>>
>>144215709
OOOoooh boy, I just opened it for the first time.
>>
>>144137804
They just call it Bark Shoals or something.
>>
>>144215709
The Dungeon was one of my favorite areas in DS3. It was like Latria on steroids.

ofc all of BB is pretty much Latria on steroids...
>>
File: beast_claw.jpg (10KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
beast_claw.jpg
10KB, 250x251px
Is it just me or are the Beast Claws better without the transformation rune? The new running attack and jump attack is nice, but the basic R1 spam seems way slower and more stamina-heavy. The L2 roar seems worse than the hunter tool version in every way, besides being free.
>>
>>144216501
Yeah, if you want to use the claw just incorporate it in your str build without using additional runes.
>>
>>144216501
I was wondering how full beast would go in pvp.

Now to look up videos.
>>
>>144217102
It's pretty bad.
>>
File: KHQsBCp.jpg (78KB, 960x833px) Image search: [Google]
KHQsBCp.jpg
78KB, 960x833px
Thinking of starting a full str character and just have some questions.

Ive read that abyssals with +65 Str scaling up will allow you to use Skill weapons with just as much power as a full skill build but how can that be?

Is this what FROM devs meant when they said they were going to adjust chalice dungeons for the dlc?
>>
>>144189490
There is also the fact that a lot of the weapons are just plain not useful, even some boss weapons like the sword of judgement are just so weak there is no reason to use them over other weapons. Honestly not only are BB's weapons more interesting but it feels like there's more than there is because all of them are useful. Even the crappy weapons like the tonitros can be powerful.
>>
>>144217456
Attacks take longer now or something?
I would think From would try to make the claws BETTER for pvp with the rune but maybe just for pve.
>>
>>144217647
It has been clear since DeS that organized PvP is NOT what the games are about, and Miyazaki loves to subtly fuck with the people who try to play the meta-game.
>>
File: Vanilla2Stronk.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Vanilla2Stronk.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>144216501
It is, the moveset looks cool but it's way too slow and telegraphed to actually be useful

>>144217102
I have a few, beast claw is mah weaponfu
>>
>>144217496
Anyone tested out their STR build with +65 STR scaling up on lets say Bom?
>>
File: holy_moonlight_sword.jpg (29KB, 397x402px) Image search: [Google]
holy_moonlight_sword.jpg
29KB, 397x402px
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/17287
So how does this look for a tricked-only HMLS build?
>>
>>144218498
Vit is a bit low but other than that it looks alright.
>>
>>144218736
Yeah I know the Vit is low but I can't seem to raise it any higher without sacrificing too much of my other stats.
I considered just giving up and going to 117 but I don't wanna get bullied out of the FCs, should I ever decide to join them.
>>
>>144218904
40 vit is honestly fine, my build only has 43 vit (it's kind of a mess) but I do reasonably alright in the FC's.
>>
You know what enemy needs a stronger, giant, fire-breathing version?

Dogs.
>>
>>144219359
kek

Fuck those
>>
>Beat mergo's wet nurse
>Game is ending now
>9 weapons available
>Most of the later bosses felt like complete pushovers
>See webms of bosses and enemies I've never seen before
I must've missed a lot of areas, the game feels really unfinished if this is all there is to it.
>>
So cursed tempering are the best in terms of dmg right?
>>
I spent my time getting the platinum on das3 only to come back and find bb deserted. This sucks, I've only gotten 3 summons in 30 minutes at Ludwig.
>>
>>144219754
There are 7 mandatory bossfights in this game.

You missed 90% of the game if you think it's unfinished.
>>
>>144219878
read the op
>>
>>144219754
vanilla BB has 15 main hand weapons, you missed a ton of shit anon.
>>
>>144219754
Yeah you've probably missed a lot, go back and explore if you want to
>>
>>144219915
>>144219980
It's really odd because I went back to previous levels and found lots of stuff I missed and other secrets.
Did I fuck up the Hypogean Gaol area if I didnt beat paarl before I got to Yahar'gul?
>>
>>144219919
I have and it seems 27% cursed tempering are the strongest in terms of dmg output, I was just wondering if this was true. I don't know squat about gems
>>
>>144220230
You probably fucked up Eileen's quest and missed Cainhurst.
>>
>>144220283
>finally get +27% cursed gem
>secondary effect is ATK Down -10%

EVERY
FUCKING
TIME
>>
>>144220451
Most people miss Cainhurst and the Upper Cathedral Ward. A few miss the Nightmare Frontier too. I think Most purposely about the chalices.
>>
>>144220230
Nah I believe it's fine if you beat Paarl after Rom.

Did you fight the Celestial Emissaries? They can be pretty easy to miss. Cainhurst is pretty hard to find first time too
>>
>>144220283
The OP has a guide that shows the optimal gem setup for weapons with consideration to which build you use, as some gems will be more effective than others depending on the build
>>
Just picked up a Great One Coldblood in a chalice. I didn't evn know these existed.
>>
Is Micolash x Lady Maria a good ship?
>>
>>144221292
No, Maria x Gerhman is otp
>>
>>144221292
Eww no.

Doll x Maria or bust
>>
how the fuck are you expected to use slow weapons in this game
enemies can just dodge away after a single hit, while fast weapons can stunlock forever
>>
>>144221824
>how the fuck are you expected to use slow weapons in this game
You aren't.
If you're actually stupid enough to look at a game with combat based on speed and quick dodging and decide that you want to use a slow weapon, you deserve to get punished for it.
>>
>>144221824
Swap based on the situation
>>
>>144221824
I mean fuck you can't even combo because enemies recover faster from being hit than you do from your own attack animations
>>144221971
fuck you
>>144222028
Except THERE IS NOT A SINGLE SITUATION WHERE A SLOW WEAPON IS EVER BETTER THAN A FAST ONE
>>
>>144222126
Yes there is.
>>
>>144222126
>Except THERE IS NOT A SINGLE SITUATION WHERE A SLOW WEAPON IS EVER BETTER THAN A FAST ONE
Then why are you trying to use them, dipshit
Not everything is supposed to be (equally) viable
Fast weapons are ALWAYS better than slow ones
>>
>>144222126

If you're going to ignore all that then the only thing left to say is: git gud
>>
>>144222229
My rakuyo and saif on my skill character do almost as much damage per hit as larger weapons do on my strength build, except much faster and safer
>>144222321
if I'm going to ignore what
>>
>>144222415
>you complain that slow weapons are shit
>everyone else agrees with you
>NO FUCK YOU SLOW WEAPONS ARE SHIT

k
>>
>>144222415
>My rakuyo and saif on my skill character do almost as much damage per hit as larger weapons do on my strength build

You want a cookie?
>>
>>144222415
>Man the Rakuyo and Saif are so good why does any other weapon exist guys?
Yay it's that time of day again
>>
>>144222563
I'm just saying that there's no fucking point to using anything that isn't super speed R1 mash and it annoys me
>>
Daily reminder that you are a huge idiot if you used something different than Saw Spear, Saif and Rakuyo and should kill yourself.
>>
>>144222531
I'm HOPING that I'm just doing something wrong and that there actually is a purpose to using these things
But I guess fucking not
>>
>>144222661
Again, you are wrong.
>>
>>144222836
Then fucking prove me wrong
>>
>>144222996
Cainhurst Fleas
>>
>>144163036
>>144163138

>Hopefully this discussion will set in stone how Loranon did not in fact get drowned solely in shitposting for what he tried to discuss.
What, because of one time when people didn't plug their ears and shitpost for hours on end? Never ever forget, I'm actually "loran anon" because I'm the only fucker in this whole thread who had the sense to insist that Loran is part of the Chalice Labyrinth and not some fucking weird unique nation in the desert somewhere.
>>
>>144223082
Are you joking? Bloodlickers are way easier with a fast weapon than with a slow one.
>>
>Strength is gimped as fuck
>Skill is easy mode
Why is this not poor design again?
>>
>>144223232
Because there's no point to decisionmaking when every choice is equally viable.
>>
>>144223152
Are you seriously Sstill talking to yourself?!?

Go to bed man.
>>
>>144223181
Nah, faster weapons don't interrupt them. Larger slower weapons let you stunlock them. Same is true with the Watchers in the Chalices, just to name another example.

>>144223232
Because you are full of shit. Str is king of PvE, and Skl is king of PvP in BB.
>>
>>144223337
You're mistaking decisionmaking with optimisation. Decisions only mean shit when the choices are genuine.
>>
>>144223507
>Skl is king of PvP
So the only thing that matters. PvE is a joke no matter what build you use.
>>
>>144223634
hi /dsg/
still trying to make souls competitive?
>>
>>144223627
The choices seem "genuine" at first, but one of them is clearly better than the other once you have enough experience with the game's mechanics.
How is this poor design?
>>
>>144223739

You can't end autism.
>>
>>144223152
give it a rest dude, loranon posting ain't what it used to be
>>
>>144223775
Because it doesn't seem genuine even at first. Right from the start my kirkhammer is shit. My first impression is that strength players are fucked. Later on I still think the same. Skill is vastly superior, period.
>>
Souls glitch how
>>
>>144224391
unpatched only, involves fucking around with multiple character slots.
If you went digital or have the EU GOTY edition it's impossible to do
>>
>>144220813
You have to kill Paarl before Rom because killing Rom triggers Hypogean Gaol turning into Unseen Village.
>>
>>144224590
nah, you can still fight Paarl after red moon. You just can't use the main lantern anymore.
>>
>>144224307
Again, what's wrong with that? It's a primarily PvE-focused game. Different builds can essentially act as difficulty settings.
>>
>>144225071
or you could just play with whatever weapons are your favorite like you're supposed to, since strength weapons are still entirely viable.
>>
>>144222798
Btw guys posts like this are from autistic kids from the smash community spreading their fox only, no items etc.
>>
>>144224764
Oh really? So if you you go to the bottom of the Unseen Village where the wickity-wacks are replaced with werelegwolves you can still go through the hole to fight Paarl?
>>
>>144224586

I thought you just ran around some table or something
>>
can i convert boomhammer phys damage to arcane?
>>
>>144225252
If you stop replying he'll get tired.
>>
I remember benji being p. gud with kirkhammer in the fcs.

There were alot of different weapons at play though.
>>
>>144225332
I don't really understand like half your post but no, they don't block the hole with anything
>>
Can I get some help with the Headless Bloodletting Beast in Ihyll?
>>
>>144224307
>>
>>144225332
Yeah, I just did in this playthrough. The reason I was asking was the girl in the bottom of Hypogean Gaol does not want to speak with the player.
If you beat Paarl pre-unseen village, does she have any new dialogue or does she afraid?
>>
>>144225359
oh, the slow ass one that no one really used even when it worked? Same patch problem applies, but for that bug you have to kill the dogs in the cages in the forest, then take the path to Iosefka's clinic, then run up and down the hall just past the lantern over and over getting like 3k souls every 20 seconds or so
>>
>>144225649
Fuck I butchered that post.
>>
>>144225531
I don't know the actual names of those mobs. The robed men with the bags that kidnap you. And the weird werewolves that look like they're made of legs (and other body parts)
>>
>>144225649
she has nothing to do with Paarl, you have to put on healing church gear and she'll talk to you. After Rom is dead she's too far gone and you can't do anything with her.
>>
>>144225649
If you put on church armor she will talk to you. If you do not rescue her she will be found dead in the area.
>>
>>144225396
Gotta talk shit back or poor casuals are gonna take him for srs and miss out on finding their own fun.
>>
>>144225608
Please, I just need to get to the Queeny and get my plat guise
>>
>>144226397
just say "pass bbg" or something and someone will show up
>>
Have any of you ever found the Old/Revered version of the Great One Coldblood? I've found the basic version in chalices before but never the other two tiers.

http://i.imgur.com/IbV8vJ9.jpg
>>
>>144225613
I assume you put two point into blt in order to use the repeating pistol, correct? If so, why? Just for the gun damage? Axe seems like it can be swapped out with a better weapon. Doesn't sound like the greatest str build.
>>
File: greggif.gif (968KB, 316x300px) Image search: [Google]
greggif.gif
968KB, 316x300px
>>144225608
Pass is bbg

I'll be in your debt.
>>
>>144226703
Axe is amazing for CC and hitting shit above you. repeating pistol does massive damage with BMA even at base stats.
>>
>>144225367
bump....
>>
>>144227064
No.
>>
>>144225367
>>144227064
None of the split damage weapons can be converted.
>>
>>144226849
Still looking for help?
>>
>>144227524
Yes, that would be great.
>>
>>144227137
>>144227231
FUCK
>>
>>144226619
Great One Coldblood is the best I found.
>>
>>144227593
Coming via SRRC
>>
Hm. Are there any other known items in game that haven't been found yet?
>>
>>144228371
The Pendant and the Horse Wiener.
>>
ringing again.

>>144228371
That one rune

>>144228470
What pendant?
>>
>>144227593
Sorry about that, switching to a wired connection instead
>>
>>144228371
Meant for:
>>144227762
>>144226619

Also why the fuck are all my captcha identifying store fronts in what appears to be the ghetto.
>>
Is 25str/50arc basically needed for arcane wheel/hmls? I was wondering if I could get away fine with only 20 str by only using the tricked form of both weapons with nourishing gems. Reason being that at 98, that only leaves me with 40 vit and I'd be more comfortable at 45.
>>
>>144228825
>Also why the fuck are all my captcha identifying store fronts in what appears to be the ghetto.

Google uses captchas to crowdsource machine learning under the guise of protecting websites from spammers.

Obviously this phase has something to do with identifying stores in StreetView.
>>
Thanks a million anon
>>
How much does level scaling hurt you in co-op? I've heard that the person being scaled down get worse health and damage than the person being helped but how much worse?
>>
What do you guys do with the blood gems that you never use or know that you'll never use? Do you hoard them or just sell them all?
>>
>>144230352
Sell if I'm absolutely sure I'll never use em.
>>
Is it better to do Cainhurst at night or bloodmoon?
>>
>>144231895
Cainhurst the moon is always nighttime
>>
Any tips for da Queen?
>>
File: 1460176702243.jpg (98KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1460176702243.jpg
98KB, 640x480px
>you will never be able to buy a gecco 1/10 scale ludwig, holy blade, lady maria of the astral clocktower (fire blood ver.), or cleric beast
>>
>>144231895
there's no difference, the blood moon is restricted to all of Yharnam (excluding Old Yharnam, which has already been fucked by the blood moon)
>>
>>144232353
Don't do this to me
>>
>>144232229
Don't attack while the baby is crying
>>
>>144232353
>tfw no scale Gascoigne
>>
>>144232836
It seems to cry after every hit though
>>
>>144233172
You have a small window to stop attacking once you hear it crying
>>
>>144233751
Okay, I get that now
>>
>>144229273
You'll do fine with just 20 strength. Alternatively you could swap some points from Arcane and you'll still do well with the tricked mode.
>>
QUICK NEW THREAD
>>
>>144235816
Actually anon, the /bbg/ Council has decided that this thread is the last.
It's been a good run, but it's time for this dream to end.
>>
File: civil_war.jpg (87KB, 517x681px) Image search: [Google]
civil_war.jpg
87KB, 517x681px
>>144235958
Oh.

Thanks Gerhman.

Now I can sleep with dignity.
>>
The night, and the dream, were long...
>>
good to see dark souls 3 pushing this shit game down where it belongs
>muh deep lore
>muh quality
>muh good music

fuck off, pvp is all that ever did or will ever matter and BB's is about as fun as watching paint dry
>>
>>144235958
>Refuse
>>
>>144237521
>>144237521
>>144237521
>>144237521
Get in
Thread posts: 767
Thread images: 102

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.