[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/irg/ - Indie RPG General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 35

File: image.jpg (50KB, 365x636px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 365x636px
"I replied a half-second too slow and last thread died because of my incompetence" edition
Previous thread that OP let die: >>121575779

>What in fuck is general of
/irg/ is a proposed general for indie RPG's, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF and the like - games that are too small or old to warrant their own general.

Prominent Games:
>Cave Story
http://www.cavestory.org/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/200900/ (Cave Story+)

>LISA the FIRST/PAINFUL/JOYFUL
http://rpgmaker.net/games/4412/ (First)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/335670/ (Painful)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/379310/ (Joyful)

>OFF/HOME
http://offgame.wikia.com/wiki/Downloads (OFF)
http://off.wikia.com/wiki/SpinOFFs_%28OFF_Fangames%29 (HOME & other OFF fangames)

>Undertail
>>>/vg/utg

>Yume Nikki/.flow
http://www.theneitherworld.com/yumenikki/links.htm (contains links to download both)
http://yumenikkifg.wikia.com/wiki/Yume_Nikki_Fangames_Wiki (More Yume Nikki fangames)

>Other games
http://pastebin.com/fT7Rmr14 (Work in progress! Not finished yet!)
>>
First for delete OP
>>
2nt for good night /irg/
sweet dreams
>>
Oh boy posting this now instead of waiting 'til morning was such a mistake
>>
>>121977289
it's ok bb
>>
So, I downloaded Dragon Destiny based on the suggestion of an anon from the last thread, but I get an error saying 'Cannot open file System' when I run it. Any ideas?
>>
>>121977289
don't worry
im here
>>
File: MEMO.png (164KB, 757x611px) Image search: [Google]
MEMO.png
164KB, 757x611px
bemp
>>
File: 1447089831293.png (106KB, 687x654px) Image search: [Google]
1447089831293.png
106KB, 687x654px
>>
Quick /irg/, give me something to play
>>
>>121986102
Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden
>>
>>121986218
>Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden
Okay then.
>>
Could we prevent the thread from falling off every time if we increased the scope of it?
>>
>>121987927
How do you mean?
>>
sometimes i think "if people didn't use RPG Maker and instead made games using actually good competent software then we'd have a lot more interesting indie titles"

but then I think that part of the appeal of RPG Maker is that you don't have to know jack shit about anything, allowing artists who have a different viewpoint on design to make games. Maybe the fact that it has such big limitations to people who don't know anything allow more people who normally wouldn't make games to flow in
>>
>>121987980
Yeah, besides merging with the Undertale brigade (which will happen eventually, but only once it becomes forgotten enough to no longer merit a thread), there isn't anything obvious which we could do to increase the scope of this thread while maintaining the essential spirit. Development of indie RPGs is the only thing that really comes to mind, but I dunno if there's anyone who wants to post about that.
>>
>>121988753
>merging with the Undertale brigade
I don't think it's going to happen any time soon. Look at the Katawa Shoujo threads...

>Development of indie RPGs
That's what the RPG Maker general is for.

We could include other lesser-known indie games I suppose but that'd just make normiecore Steam roguelikes drown out everything.
>>
File: what.png (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
13KB, 320x240px
What the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>121988845
Yeah, I guess you're right on both points. I really don't want this general to die out or radically change, I think it's a pretty nice atmosphere compared to some of the busier generals. Maybe the only thing that can save us is if we actually knuckle down and start playing/posting about games besides OFF and Lisa.
>>
>>121988753
>but I dunno if there's anyone who wants to post about that.
There is that guy making some space-themed RPG from last thread
>>
>>121988845
my suggestion would be just to make it bizarre games general /bzgg/ because most of the games people enjoy talking about here are unusual oddities that don't see much attention but the problems with that are people wanting to talk about more standard RPGs and also people not deciding on what constitutes as bizarre, somebody could find binding of isaac batshit insane there's just no definite angle on that
>>
>>121988845
>That's what the RPG Maker general is for.
And its almost dead too
>>
>>121990484
That seems to make it a reasonably logical merger then. If both generals are equally deserted, then a new one that combines the two would hopefully be able to keep the essential 'flavour' of each while being more sustainable in terms of post quantity.
>>
>>121973406
>Previous thread that OP let die
Hey, now. I was asleep!
We need some non-OFF OP pictures to make things a little more varied.
>>
>>121991589
let's send a diplomat to /rpgmg/ and suggest a merge
what would it be called though after merge?
>>
>>121994067
The merge isn't gonna work. /rpgmg/ is /agdg/-lite, with people talking about developing their own games. Adding /irg/ topics will just clutter discussion.

/rpgmg/ is also fairly active with a new version of RPG Maker being released recently, people working on collabs and whatnot. Give it a few months before most people give up on dev and it returns to a catatonic state.
>>
>>121994618
Seconding this. I'm not sure if trying to merge them would work out too well.
>>
How about expanding this thread to more than just indie RPGs but to indie games in general?

Cave Story and Yume Nikki are already in the OP but not really RPGs. I think these threads wouldn't be ded if we could talk about the plethora of other indie games out there, and games being released right now.
>>
>>121999551
I think it's because Yume Nikki was made in RPGMaker.

But what other indie games? I don't come to /vg/ save for this and the /rpgmg/. I'm pretty sure there are shoot 'em up, bullet hell and roguelike generals already. Would we bring...platformers into the fold? Puzzle games? RPGs and those two make up 90% of my gaming experience so that's about all I've got to offer.
>>
>>122000420
There's tons of other games to discuss.
Countless great indie point and click games, strategy games, metroidvania games like Axiom Verge, action games like Bastion, Transistor, and Hotline Miami, and of course the countless puzzle plaformers out there.
>>
>>122002996
Well shit. I'd say if they don't have a home of their own let's bring them in.

I don't think I've played a single one mentioned though I've heard of them. Most of them.
>>
>>122003452
Bastion and Transistor are almost RPGs anyways. I think they should definitely be on the recommendation list, and probably in the OP with OFF, Undertale, and Lisa as prominent RPGs

Transistor gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj-LH76lQvg

Bastion gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bj6P1tpzU0
>>
>>122003452
Maybe we could rename ourselves to /mig/ for Miscellaneous Indie Games. Or something.
>>
>>122004781
I prefer /igg/ - Indie Game General

Prominent recent indie game releases and updates could be in the OP.

We could work on a recommended games list, by genre.
>>
I'd suggest rebranding /irg/ to /igg/ - Indie Games General. It seems most fitting for the scope of things right now.
>>
>>122000420
>Puzzle games?
Anyone heard of a japanese puzzle game about a group of kids who get killed off as you reach higher levels? Had a girl in a frilly dress and hat with rabbit ears as the mascot. It used to be discussed on Pooshlmer a lot but I can't recall the name.
>>
>>122007072
we need to make up an OP
>>
>>121988965
>playing unknown
oh man, get ready to cringe
>>
>>122012039
You're a bit late on warning me, anon. I cringed the moment the fox thing came in.
>>
I'll try to make a list of Indie Point & Clicks since that's a genre I know pretty well and I care about.
If anyone else would like to create and add a pastebin list, please do.

>>122009209
/iig/ - Indie Games General
"we needed more friends so we decided to talk about all indie games" edition
Previous thread that we killed because we are now /igg/

/igg/ is a proposed general for indie games in general, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Bastion, Hotline Miami, Machinearium, Braid, Limbo, Superbrothers, Axion Virge, etc.

>What are some recommended games?
There's lots, here are some lists by genre:

>Indie RPG
(PS: We should add Bastion, Transistor, and Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden)
http://pastebin.com/fT7Rmr14

>Indie Platformer
Pastebin coming soon

>Indie Point & Click
Pastebin coming soon

>Indie Shmups
Pastebin coming soon

>Misc. Indie games
>>
>>122014131
Also, we should note that some games have their own generals already, like
>>>/vg/utg
>>>/vg/ss13g/
>i'm probably missing others
>>
While I haven't seen anyone voice an opinion against the change, I feel like we should get opinions from everyone. To that end, I've created this strawpoll. Please can everyone who sees this post and regularly views /irg/ give an answer.

http://strawpoll.me/5981391
>>
>>122014131
>Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden
Why was this masterpiece not there to begin with?
>>
>>122014638
Think about it, lads. We can still talk about RPGs, and we have a reason to Pardopost.
>>
>>122014638
>only 5 votes
Damn, so we are THAT dead?
>>
File: 1443567116687.png (31KB, 220x193px) Image search: [Google]
1443567116687.png
31KB, 220x193px
>>122017673
M-Maybe we can change that by expanding from RPGs to Indie filth in general?
>>
>>122018127
How we will make people come to us though? 100% of us now are here from /utg/.
>>
>>122018198
I'm not. I'm from /rpgmg/.
>>
>>122018292
Oh. I didnt even knew someone told them about us. Still, how we will make people to come to /igg/? All generals for indie games are active, and advertising on /v/ is bad
>>
>>122018437
I once shilled /irg/ on /rpgm/ once when it was relevant, and yesterday on /boig/ when someone wanted more OFF pictures.

Speaking of OFF pictures, anyone have the zip of those sketches of the characters and such?
>>
>>122018437
No one really did. I think I was looking for 'RPG' in the catalog and this came up too so I hopped in. I'm the one currently playing through Capella's Promise (here and there).

But yeah I dunno how to bring others into the fold except by maybe making the OP image something recognizable like Braid or Shovel Knight (that's indie...right?) or something of the sort.

Most of the indie games I play are RPGMaker games anyway so it just kinda fit for me.
>>
>>122018437
I learned about this general when I posted on /v/ asking if my RPG Maker Surrealism folder was complete. (It wasn't)
>>
>>122018692
>RPG Maker Surrealism folder
Wanna share?
>>
>>122018437
To be honest though, more people usually come to these threads over time I've been on these threads since the 'last' lisa thread on /v/ back in September.

I dunno, I kinda like the slow, comfy atmosphere I think it's better than full on cancer anyway.

Also, if anyone wants, I'm a drawfag.
>>
>>122018845
Here's a request from last thread that I liked.

Nern Guan (from LISA the Painful, if you're not familiar) resting against a corpse with a fresh bullet wound in its head, his gun still smoking, as he says "Now, back to my story..."
>>
I don't like the idea of making this a general indie general. I come here for discussing a certain type of games, and it will all just be drowned out by talking about popular normiecore roguelikes. But I honestly don't know how to make this place more alive otherwise. There just flat out doesn't seem to be much interest in the topic, even OFF and LISA attract minimal traffic to speak nothing of the more obscure games.

>>122018692
I remember recommending this place in your thread. Small world.
>>
I kind of want this general to become a place for non-roguelike, non-walking-simulator indie games.

That's kind of hard to cram into a short title, though.
>>
File: Up there with Miro&Dali.png (22KB, 591x307px) Image search: [Google]
Up there with Miro&Dali.png
22KB, 591x307px
>>122018748
I'm still not convinced that it's complete, and a lot of it is debatable as to whether it counts as 'Surrealism', but I'm happy with it.
>>
>>122020473
Noice.
>>
>>122020056
Well, I guess there is a roguelike general already, however they only talk about very 'strict' roguelikes, so that doesn't solve the problem of this general potentially being polluted by all the 'roguelites' that seem to be the biggest fad in the indie world these days.
>>
Sup senpai.

I did the Indie Point & Click list, have a look. If you feel like anything else should be added, let me know. Cheers!

http://pastebin.com/4n6EwTmA
>>
>>122022110
This is awesome!
(i'm samefagging btw)
>>
>>122022110
>http://pastebin.com/4n6EwTmA
Breddy gud. I liked how briefly described what each game is like.
>>
File: nern gun.png (25KB, 860x668px) Image search: [Google]
nern gun.png
25KB, 860x668px
>>122019048
Here ya go.
>>
File: kociarz.gif (322KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
kociarz.gif
322KB, 500x375px
>>122022110
>>
File: tumblr_ntxdlyQP8L1ufncq2o3_1280.png (37KB, 996x838px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntxdlyQP8L1ufncq2o3_1280.png
37KB, 996x838px
>>122026036
Rad, dude. Are you the artist who was/is doing these perchance? Glad to have you on board.
>>
File: najlepszy.gif (1MB, 320x232px) Image search: [Google]
najlepszy.gif
1MB, 320x232px
>>122026036
Wow, you're the best man
>>
>>122026264
Yup, that's me.
anymore requests for the night?
>>
>>122026401
Brad flying on Tardys body through space
>>
>>122026036
Well done, anon.
>>
>>122026401
If you do OFF requests, can I have a battle scene of Batter vs Queen, but with the addons drawn in such that it's four 1v1s (as the queen has her weird tentacle addons) rather than a clusterfuck?

Damn, I struggled to work out a way to express that concept. I always liked OFF art that shows the addons in a fight, but not much does.
>>
File: more like bad armstrong.png (29KB, 261x294px) Image search: [Google]
more like bad armstrong.png
29KB, 261x294px
Typical Brad
>>
>>122026401
Brad v Undyne, arm wrestling match
>>
File: 1418448831364.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1418448831364.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>122028087
>Brad
>Arms
>>
>>122028404
Not everyone is selfless, anon.
>>
>>122026401
Rando cooking Rando Rations while wearing a cute apron and cooking mittens. Uncomfortable and confused Rando Army guys looking on optional.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGjnQ5aHpW8
>>
>>122030046
kek
>>
File: Buddy_Joyful_Old.png (3KB, 128x172px) Image search: [Google]
Buddy_Joyful_Old.png
3KB, 128x172px
>>122026401
Requesting Older Buddy sleeping using mutant Brad's body as a pillow and with Yado's trumpet tucked in her arm.

Loving the two you already made. Glad to have another drawfag in the general.
>>
Guy who was talking about making his own indie RPG here.

I made a very basic outline of how it would look.

http://pastebin.com/wVvEjrMa

How shit is it?
>>
>>122031160
sounds nice
>>
>>122031160
Not really sure why you turn green, and that kind of alienates the player a little more from the character as you become somewhat less of a self-insert that way.
>>
>>122032019
I had the problem of needing the character to be completely racially ambiguous as well.

The only colors that work for that are green, purple, and pink, and blue. Of those, a dark green seems the easiest to work with.

I'll probably let my artist decide.
>>
>>122031160
Looks good anon, though I'm not a fan of Humanity Fuck Yeah it's a pretty unique story with good goosebump potential. Also the way you describe the battle system reminds me of Live-A-Live.

>tfw was idea guy-ing up a space opera RPG about a colony ship and wacky aliens with a similar story/ending but now I feel like scrapping it
>>
>>122031160
I like it, even though it's a light hearted and not to be taken seriously sci-fi I still find myself wondering what exactly happens to bring back humanity.

Like when the MC dissolve does the individual magical essence for each human just create a new fleshy body for it to live in?

Also this might be thinking too far ahead but have you considered a darker turn for a potential sequel? The idea that by acting hostile to humanity the aliens create a self-fulfilling prophecy where humanity creates its own inter-galactic power; with humans becoming power hungry not because "hurr humans are evul" but because they just barely escaped total extinction, don't trust the aliens who did this to them and want their own expansive nation so that humanity can't be wiped out by destroying one planet ever again?

It's a thought, but it might be too solemn and serious of a turn for a sequel to a light hearted work.
>>
>>122032116
Oh that's a fair point. Yeah if you don't want to necessarily be at one race. I was just hoping for some scenes of:
"Is that a human you've recruited?"
"Uhhhh no. Totally not. He doesn't have a face."
"Huh. Still looks like one. Weird. Okay."
>>
Updated >>122014131 with the Point & Click list

/iig/ - Indie Games General
Previous thread that we killed because we are now /igg/

/igg/ is a proposed general for indie games in general, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Bastion, Hotline Miami, Machinearium, Braid, Limbo, Superbrothers, Axion Virge, etc.

>Indie RPG

>Indie Point & Click

>Indie Platformer
Pastebin coming soon (LOOKING FOR CONTRIBUTORS!!!)

>Indie Shmups

>Indie First-Person games

>Misc. Indie games
>>
>>122032491
I want to have scenes like that. Most people barely know what humans look like, in all likelihood, so they might not know that green humans don't exist.

>>122032287
I do enjoy Humanity Fuck Yeah, but not in the edgy "lol humans kill errybody" way.

Don't scrap your idea. I believe in you.
>>122032385
Teleporters work by transporting your magical essence out of your body, dissolving the empty husk that leaves, then recreating a new body to put your essence back in. You're everybody's essence in one physical form, which would be impossible for any race that can actually use magic. Since humans can't, it works.

You then release humanity by going through a modified teleporter that splits you back into individuals, then floods the destination with individual teleportation requests. That's why you have to do it on the main Iris ship—it's a solar-system-sized behemoth that can actually handle teleporting seven billion creatures at once.

Your sequel idea definitely could work, but I don't think I should really be considering sequels right now. I gotta get the core game finished first.
>>
You guys should probably give it a different acronym because /igg/ was already a thing, Idle Games General.

It's dead right now but there might be confusion.
>>
>>122032978
>Indie Shmups
Enemy Mind is bretty gud
>>
>>122033147

>Your sequel idea definitely could work, but I don't think I should really be considering sequels right now. I gotta get the core game finished first.

Yeah I understand, I suppose another question will be do you intend to have a multiple ending type system where you can refuse to use the teleporter?
>>
>>122033368
I do want multiple endings, but this is the first game I've ever done. I don't want to bite off more than I can shew, even with all my prior programming experience.
>>
>>122026401
Buddy flashing Yado while she is "+Drunk"?
Pls.
>>
>>122033835
Sticky pls go
>>
File: I want that throne.jpg (148KB, 1024x607px) Image search: [Google]
I want that throne.jpg
148KB, 1024x607px
>>122033835
lol, actually did flash on Yado during his boss fight. It just fit too perfectly when it doesn't effect him and it was followed up with "Yado doesn't know what to do..."
>>
>>122033202
/indie/ - Indie Games General
>>
File: spacetard.png (565KB, 656x600px) Image search: [Google]
spacetard.png
565KB, 656x600px
oh man that's a lot of requests - I'll get through them eventually. maybe.

>>122026576
quality space travel

>>122033835
Am I going to have to get the "lil ol' floppy man titties" out again.
>>
>>122035013
Very nice, Hispanics make high quality space crafts.
>>
File: Sufferer.jpg (75KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sufferer.jpg
75KB, 640x480px
>Playing pic related
>Bear mentions a backpack in the northwest well
>I NEED THIS
>Need an axe, harpoon, key and flippers, leaving no room for air candy
>die multiple agonizing deaths
>finally (with a lucky push from the piranhas) escape with the backpack and one air bubble
later on,
>find an early lake I haven't fully explored
>pull a few levers, find a treasurebox
>it's a fucking backpack
Thanks game I needed the challenge.
>>
>>122035013
you are a god
>>
Updated >>122032978 with the name change

/indie/ - Indie Games General
Previous thread that we killed because we are now /indie/

>Indie RPG

>Indie Point & Click

>Indie Platformer

>Indie Shmups

>Indie First-Person games

>Misc. Indie games
>>
File: Armshock.png (2MB, 1543x1055px) Image search: [Google]
Armshock.png
2MB, 1543x1055px
I made this, is there anything I should improve on?
>>
>>122036660
dayum son
>>
>>122036660
Before saying anything, let me just say that is a really good drawing. If I had requested it I'd be satisfied with that work.

As someone with no talent in drawing the only thing I can think of is maybe the left side of Shocklord's arm should be penciled darker around the shoulder. Other than that I can't see any notable flaws.
>>
File: 1444083017045.gif (996KB, 469x176px) Image search: [Google]
1444083017045.gif
996KB, 469x176px
>>122035013
Oh my god 10/10
>>
Just started LISA, pain or normal
I don't have the free time to play through it more than once, I want to make it count.
>>
>>122038610
I'd say normal as pain mode can be a hard son of a bitch
>>
>>122038794
Thanks man, my buddy said pain had a different ending but he's still on his normal run so he doesn't know more than that it's different and there are exclusive bosses.
Had me worried I'd be getting into some persona 4 bad ending tier shit.
>>
>>122039195
It's less a different ending and more there's a little story bit at the end that's ambiguous anyway.

Yes I know who's involved
>>
>>122020473
Have you played Close Your Eyes?
>>
>>122038610
If you're going to search out every world the game has, then do Pain mode since normal locks you out of the Joy Lab.

Pain has one time use saves and from what I recall a handful of extra joy mutants (IE: death causing NPCs) that you need to fight.

One way to get through Pain mode is to sometimes take a risk and skip over using a save point so you can have it safe for use later in the game. Also don't even click the saves unless you're sure you're going to save because it blows up whether you saved or not.

Pain mode has an added flashback that lets you see more of Brad's fucked up past.
>>
Downloading Unknown, can't wait to see all that shit
>>
we /igg/ next thread then?
good night everyone
>>
File: Joy Mutant Brad.jpg (126KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Joy Mutant Brad.jpg
126KB, 1024x576px
>>122041231
Good night, don't let the joy mutants bite!
>>
File: 1446570508_lisa.gif (42KB, 457x298px) Image search: [Google]
1446570508_lisa.gif
42KB, 457x298px
Shit, my earlier image mistake leaves me wondering if we should just make a permanent decision.

Should this general actively try and stay spoiler free and use spoiler codes during plot decision? Or should we set up a warning on the OP saying spoilers for the games are likely?
>>
>>122047883
I would argue use of spoiler tags. There's a lot of games that fit in this general and it's likely that few people, if any, have played them all.
>>
>>122047883
I mean I'd prefer spoilers. I have yet to play LISA (Still on Capella's Promise) so I avoid most spoiler images and spoiler text (even though I still see some things).
>>
>>122047883
Who has the biggest butt in Lisa
>>
File: Mutant Percy.png (14KB, 394x478px) Image search: [Google]
Mutant Percy.png
14KB, 394x478px
>>122048520
Percy, it's asstronomical.
>>
Anyone interested in Hard West? It's coming out in a week and I might stream my first playthrough if anyone wants to watch. Never streamed anything before.
Here's the steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/307670/

>>122035812
Standardize to either /igg/ or /indie/
>>
>>122049734
There's already an /igg/

Well, there was
A long time ago
>>
>>122051010
Yeah I know. It's dead. Take their nametag off their corpse.
>>
File: Buzz O.png (62KB, 646x320px) Image search: [Google]
Buzz O.png
62KB, 646x320px
golly I thought the indie game general was dead.

I'll try to get to some drawing requests tomorrow
>>
File: 1446773800977.gif (100KB, 189x205px) Image search: [Google]
1446773800977.gif
100KB, 189x205px
>>122055889
Neat, thanks
>>
File: 1447190793261.jpg (318KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
1447190793261.jpg
318KB, 1280x1810px
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 500x500px
hhh
>>
Who is the most powerful indie RPG protagonist?

I think it might be the Batter.
>>
>>122069736
The Batter only rek'd the universe because of a switch

I would argue that Brad is a step ahead of him, though he's still probably not the strongest
>>
File: tumblr_ntxdlyQP8L1ufncq2o1_1280.png (16KB, 974x534px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntxdlyQP8L1ufncq2o1_1280.png
16KB, 974x534px
Night /irg/, Rando will watch over you while you sleep.
>>
>>121988608
rpg maker just needs an overhaul so it sucks less, the premise is ok
>>
File: crushed_small.png (135KB, 597x716px) Image search: [Google]
crushed_small.png
135KB, 597x716px
for all 2 people that have played Hylics, here's a present. IDK why people don't talk about it more, it's pretty much a fever dream in RPG form.
>>
>>122078028
Just realized somebody put up a torrent some time ago. I'll get to it, then.

Btw, I really would like to support indie creators. Very much so. I just can't when I'm borderline homeless.
>>
>>122074097
The Batter also only exists because of a comic book and a kid who is basically akira while brad forged his own path despite abuse his entire life

of course The Batter literally destroyed an entire world but we're talking an entire world in the mind of some shitty kid so it's up to debate whether Brad doing what he's doing is more powerful than The Batter flipping the switch of the world off just because some idiot kid imagined it
>>
File: Terry-0.png (2KB, 203x183px) Image search: [Google]
Terry-0.png
2KB, 203x183px
A glass of warm milk can help ease you to sleep.

-Treasurable Terry
>>
>>122079151
is there a place I can find a torrent of it?
>>
>>122035812
Delete hotline miami from list.
>>
>>122035812
Downwell is a fucking fantastic platformer/shmup game for 3 dollars on steam
>>
>>122026401
A brad dakimakura
>>
File: Battler_Terrible_Terry.png (3KB, 135x135px) Image search: [Google]
Battler_Terrible_Terry.png
3KB, 135x135px
Some people in life are irreplaceable, so treasure those closest to you.

-Terry the Terrible
>>
Sorry if it's a dumb question, but is there a run/walk toggle key in OFF? For some reason I started moving very slowly after getting to area 4 of zone 3, and I've hit all of my keys. I even loaded up a new savefile to see if it was mentioned in zone 0 but no dice.
>>
>>122082496
Yeah. I think that it would be beneficial to not explicitly name off popular games in the OP because it will attract certain... types of people.
>>
>>122081059
Th-Thanks Terry
>>
>>122090667
Nope, that's a bug. I unfortunately don't know how to fix it.
>>
If we're including adventure games now, how is Dropsy?
>>
Okay, strawpoll to settle this once and for all, are we /igg/ or /indie/?
http://strawpoll.me/5988063

>>122090925
It's great, charming and funny, but kinda creepy. The story's great, and the soundtrack is really good. It's a very classic style of Point & Click, no real gimmicks.

It depends on what camp you're coming from in adventure games. If you're all about new Telltale style narrative options or innovative mechanics, you may get bored with the gameplay (the premise isn't boring). But if you love a classic adventure game, this is is a no-brainer play imo.

>>122082694
Yeah I heard about that one, I want to play it for sure once I finish Primordia.
>>
>>122103851
Oops, the first reply was supposed to go to >>122097682
Talking about Dropsy

>>122090925
>attract certain types of people
>will attract people
So it's a great idea!

Look, those popular games are gateways to other awesome stuff. Most people have heard of Machinarium, so maybe they'd be interested in Primordia if they heard of that too? Everyone knows about Undertale, maybe they'd love Lisa or OFF? Anyways I'm very positive that some people are here because they played Undertale, then wanted more Indie RPGs to play.
>>
i couldnt find the moon on the sky in last few days
im really worried
>>
>>122105989
>Anyways I'm very positive that some people are here because they played Undertale, then wanted more Indie RPGs to play.
I actually found these threads roughly a week ago while looking for the newest /utg/ and mis-clicking. Glad I did.
>>
>>122105989
Let's face it, this thread is essentially "LISA and OFF general". The problem is that inviting the roguelite crowd will inevitably drown out and alienate the original demographic.

I come here to discuss games with a certain feel, and while I'd be alright with talking about obscure indie action and adventure games that have a similar feel to them, people coming in to discuss their sick drops in the current FoTM "so retro" roguelite is where I draw the line.
>>
Do you think Mother 4 got any chances after Undertale got released?
Will it even get released at all?
>>
File: King Zacharie.jpg (66KB, 571x600px) Image search: [Google]
King Zacharie.jpg
66KB, 571x600px
page ten
>>
>>122117561
Damn, when should we launch /indie/?
>>
>>122119202
When this thread dies, i guess.
Should i stop bumping?
>>
making a pastebin for some weird, obscure games for new /indie/ general. just making sure, this is going to be a thing right?
>>
>>122119285
I'd say keep bumping for a while. This is the last true /irg/ after all, let's make it a good one,
>>
>>122121220
Well, I went ahead and made /indie/ because this thread has been dead. But yeah! Keep the thread alive for one last hurrah!

>>122121687
>>122121687
>>122121687
>>122121687
>>122121687
>>
File: 1435657357758454216.jpg (26KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
1435657357758454216.jpg
26KB, 500x353px
>>122121836
>>
>>122120957
Wooooo!

go ahead and post it in /indie/ whenever you feel like it
>>
>>122121884
It's just a new beginning!

LISA and OFF are still our official games, we can talk about them as much as we'd like there.
>>
File: The plastic is beautiful today.png (134KB, 568x563px) Image search: [Google]
The plastic is beautiful today.png
134KB, 568x563px
What's your favourite line of dialogue from OFF, /irg/? Mine is

"The plastic is beautiful today"

and I don't know why.
>>
>>122012039
Is it the good cringe or the bad cringe? Anyone know? I just wandered in here and I didn't know there was a spin-OFF until today
>>
>>122124419
Try HOME instead, it's generally considered significantly better than Unknown (not that that's saying much)
>>
Goodnight guys. This might be the last time I say goodnight to /irg/, but I hope that I at least see you in the morning.
>>
File: 1443573785743.gif (61KB, 330x126px) Image search: [Google]
1443573785743.gif
61KB, 330x126px
;_;7
>>
File: Dr.Yado, I am Rando Army.png (95KB, 350x450px) Image search: [Google]
Dr.Yado, I am Rando Army.png
95KB, 350x450px
>Brad Armstrong is an RL wrestler
>The Shockmaster is an RL wrestler
>Yado is an RL wrestler
>Dark Queen is a The Undertaker expy
I am sure I can't grasp all of the wrestling references because I'm not that familiar with the topic, but it runs deeper than I've initially thought. Anyone can point out any others?
>>
>>122131242
>Yado is an RL wrestler
what
>>
>>122131871
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jado
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.