[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/irg/ - Indie RPG General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 293
Thread images: 80

File: ballman.jpg (86KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
ballman.jpg
86KB, 500x448px
Died peacefully in my sleep Edition
>>121297529 didn't make it as far as they had hoped.

>What's this general about?
/irg/ is a proposed general for indie RPG's, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF and the like - games that are too small or old to warrant their own general.

>Cave Story
http://www.cavestory.org/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/200900/ (Cave Story+)

>LISA the FIRST/PAINFUL/JOYFUL
http://rpgmaker.net/games/4412/ (First)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/335670/ (Painful)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/379310/ (Joyful)

>OFF/HOME
http://offgame.wikia.com/wiki/Downloads (OFF)
http://off.wikia.com/wiki/SpinOFFs_%28OFF_Fangames%29 (HOME & other OFF fangames)

>Undertale
>>>/vg/utg

>Yume Nikki/.flow
http://www.theneitherworld.com/yumenikki/links.htm (contains links to download both)
http://yumenikkifg.wikia.com/wiki/Yume_Nikki_Fangames_Wiki (More Yume Nikki fangames)

>Other games
http://pastebin.com/fT7Rmr14 (Work in progress! Not finished yet!)
>>
File: The desolate hope.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
The desolate hope.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
Can you put The Desolate Hope in that paste bin list? It got free a while ago and still hasn't got a bit of popularity.
>>
How do i jump in Lisa?
Im not retarded i swear
>>
>>121576508
Good call, I'll add those as well as the other games suggested in the last thread.

>>121577318
Wasn't it the space bar or arrow key up or something like that?
>>
anon who contributed to the YN fangame pastebin here- it looks good. I don't want to keep you busy doing minor things, but maybe making each genre stand out from the titles by formatting them differently would make it pop out a bit more. Other than that it's looking great, I'm sure other people will add their own games that they like to it and slowly let it grow

By the way: I found the link to 14/?. I can't get 14/?? to work though, I get a 503 error and no leads where to find it. Might want to include it in the pastebin. You need to jump through some hoops though:

From what google translate got me, I was able to find the game files here:
http://www.geocities.jp/easiest4_6/g/641.zip
However, you may notice the EXE is missing. The creator does a weird thing to reduce the filesize: remove the EXE from all his games and add it in a separate download space. It's here:
http://www.geocities.jp/tutiurarara/file/rpg_rt.zip
Slap that shit into your folder of whatever game Tutiurarara made and it should work. There will be a long white screen and then your screen should flicker black, and after that you'll have the game.

If you get weird text before the game crashes, it's a locale issue. I use https://github.com/xupefei/Locale-Emulator/releases/tag/v2.0.0.2.Beta , much easier than dealing with applocale compatability and much easier than switch back and forth whenever I want to play a shitty japanese RPG Maker game or h-game.

Hope I was of some help, enjoy the weird ass game

BTW; the font is supposed to be fucked up so you didn't do anything wrong
>>
>>121577318
Press up and space when you find another upper floor to jump.
>>
Should I put ARPG stuff into RPG?

>>121577659
I did try and make them stand out a little more by giving them extra large width and stuff, but I'll see if I can help it some more.
>>
>>121577782
Also you should put the stuff with the locale fuckery in the OP somewhere. A lot of smaller japanese RPGs require that, either by
A) changing the entire system locale
+requires no external program if you're paranoid or don't want to download anything
-will change any program that runs off of your locale to japanese
B) Fiddling with applocale and making it work on your system (found at http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=13209 )
+official microsoft solution, will work when you get it to work
-getting it to work is mildly difficult depending on your machine, but can also be as easy as running in compatability mode
C) using programs such as http://xupefei.github.io/Locale-Emulator/
+will work on newer systems, open source, no hassle
-not official if you're paranoid, and also some interfaces can be a bit intimidating to casual users

sorry if i'm being a bit too overzealous with trying to help, I used to lurk uboachan until it pretty much died and now that there's an /irg/ that seems to be semi-stable for the most part I finally get to talk about all the shitty RPG Maker surreal/horror games I enjoy playing and how to run them
>>
File: Screenshot_4.png (83KB, 1411x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_4.png
83KB, 1411x1079px
>>121577731
I need to jump across the small gap, is it possible?
>>
>>121578091
I'll go and make a "Troubleshooting" section later which covers possible issues with various engines, I think.
Please check the pastebin and tell me if it's alright if I put ARPG's with the traditional RPG's.
>>
>>121578256
No. You'll have to play a little longer to find out how to do it.
>>
>>121578256
go up to where the rock is, then jump down. you might get hurt but probably not
>>
>>121578303
Well, I personally don't care but you might want to consider making a section for it? Who knows, might want to do a poll or if people just don't care sure just throw them in there

the new headers look good BTW

I would supply some descriptions for some of the games on that list that i've played but I feel like I'm extremely opinionated so I'll save you the suffering
>>
>>121578463
Provide a description, anyway. I'll see if I can de-subjectify it then.
If more ARPG's get added, I'll make an extra category for it.
>>
File: Screenshot_5.png (81KB, 1412x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_5.png
81KB, 1412x1079px
>>121578327
Cant do this, i tried.
>>121578309
Is picrelated what i need?
>>
>>121578847
A bike, to get it you'll have to find on a hole in area 1 (near the tent) that leads to a place with a red sky and a sign written. "Turn back, strong man only."
>>
>>121579037
Fuck those snakes
>>
>>121578847
Yes. You need the bike from the Playground to jump across gaps.
>>
>>121578529
alright, here's some few liners for some games to throw at you, go ahead and edit them however you like or just not use them whatever

Space Funeral:
Cute surrealist generic RPG game with an awesome (unoriginal, all the music is taken from other things) soundtrack and visceral graphics. Short. Very silly without feeling like it's trying too hard.

OFF:
Terrible boring ATB gameplay, mistranslations mess up the story, but the atmosphere and execution make up for it. Kickass soundtrack, good looking graphics, puzzles are a bitch at times (but I personally hate the "write down everything you see for the quiz later" puzzles)

Oneshot:
Cute little game where you guide a protagonist to the center of the world to replace the world's sun. At times extremely mild horror elements, but mostly a cute RPG. I don't want to spoil the gimmick, but be warned: the game does some odd things that might catch you off guard.

LISA The First:
Mildly interesting very typical RPG Maker exploration game. Bashes the point over your head with a rock. I wouldn't personally recommend this unless you like the others- play The Painful first. I have yet to beat [the painful] myself, but I feel like it would be a better introduction to the series. This is up for debate though, a lot of people seem to have a different opinion

Sluggish Morss: A Delicate Time in History:
Pretentious bullshit, but also batshit insane. 30 minutes long, it's worth your time just so you can say you played it. Good Music, batshit insane graphics, incomprehensible over-allegorical story? If you can even call it a story?

14/?:
I only started playing it last night, so I'm not sure if it's even beatable. Very strange, more of an "experience" than a game. You teleport rooms randomly when you walk back and forth, and odd stuff happens. Sometimes puzzles maybe? They don't seem to have any solution.
>>
Last thread died at fucking 211 posts, why keep it alive
>>
>>121579248
I'll try and incorporate those later, after I'm done with taking care of some things.

>>121579908
Why not?
>>
>>121578529
Here's something else to include if you want:

Central Station:
A very strange, obscure, and unnerving little RPG with turn-based combat and an odd mix of art styles. Good if you're a fan of the stilted dialogue common to many of the RPG Maker surrealist classics.
>>
all my shit or second arm?
seriously i cant decide
>>
>>121583868
I'm always open for new descriptions. Thank you for your contribution.
>>
so adding more games is nice and all but people actually need to play them too
>>
>>121589405
Yeah. Between working on my own, writing for NaNo, full-time job and married life...I don't have a lot of time to play. I'm working my way through Capella's Promise right now but that's not really in the 'weird and quirky' category.

At least not so far.
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u2.jpg (64KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u2.jpg
64KB, 700x1000px
Post purest husbando
>>
>>121594378
>>
What are you playing, /irg/?
>>
>>121594958
at the moment? crypt worlds
>>
File: beautiful cinnamon bun.jpg (85KB, 500x725px) Image search: [Google]
beautiful cinnamon bun.jpg
85KB, 500x725px
>>121594378
>>
File: purification.jpg (122KB, 540x1791px) Image search: [Google]
purification.jpg
122KB, 540x1791px
>>
I love you /irg/ even if you're dead all the time

Even if there are only 13 of us

>>121594958
I keep getting told to play Earthbound so I probably will once I get bored of squiggly line metro games.
>>
>>121577659
&& link where?
>>
>>121599858
USK@ZoQsnquz~21hUinfP0P4hnVwPOT6GP6W3Hn4igy4BHU,8fJvLrb6YO2lh3lffA9BlE8RC62zMe-qIVuPXJg9bTU,AQACAAE/olvin/1/

you need https://freenetproject.org/ to view the link

I could just upload it if you want but that kind of defeats the obscurity of it... also the let's play guy pretty much played the whole game
>>
ten
>>
How do I beat the library puzzle in HOME?
>>
>>121594958
i need to play lisa

>>121599131
i am getting an urge to play mother
help
>>
>>121594378
"...just like that piece of shit Brad."

Reminder that Buddy's edginess was so strong it broke down the nicest man in Olathe.
>>
>>121585409
Second arm, though it is possible to do it without all your shit it's a lot less pleasant
>>
>>121585409
Second arm, Brad's skills do most the damage anyways.
>>
I've been wondering, how old is Buddy supposed to be?
>>
File: Buddy4.png (2KB, 158x150px) Image search: [Google]
Buddy4.png
2KB, 158x150px
>>121623518
If I had to guess, probably 12-13.
>>
>>121623518
>>121624612
I'd say 16, since its common age for kids to have their "phase"
>>
>>121610093
If it's the playing cards, the last card is held by some random dude sat by a river elsewhere in the city.
>>
File: tumblr_nh905sr6G31rqla2ao1_500.png (157KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nh905sr6G31rqla2ao1_500.png
157KB, 500x299px
>>121624919
Though she's not exactly common though, mentally at least.

Also isn't Buddy the same height as Lisa? That being like half the size of a normal adult sprite? Would that be a clue that she's closer to childhood than teenager?
>>
File: Ib_top_01.jpg (12KB, 270x240px) Image search: [Google]
Ib_top_01.jpg
12KB, 270x240px
Kind of a long shot I know, and it's not even much of an RPG, but I don't suppose anyone has a save file for Ib just before the bonus dungeon? I want to play it, but I really cannot be arsed to play the whole thing again, especially as I've done it multiple times anyway but on seperate save files (before I realized there was a 2nd playthrough bonus).
>>
File: 1432726648_lisa.jpg (404KB, 953x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1432726648_lisa.jpg
404KB, 953x1080px
>>121623518
SHE'S JUST A CHILD!
>>
File: LISA_Badge_1.png (3KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
LISA_Badge_1.png
3KB, 80x80px
You know the saddest thing is, without a father like Marty and the world ending Brad seemed to naturally be a paragon of goodness and heroism.
>>
>>121628551
I wouldn't say he's a paragon of goodness anon. He's one of the better people in LISA's shitty, shitty world, but he is still deeply flawed. Look at him treating Rando like shit, or becoming a broken drug addict even before the world ended and got everyone hooked on Joy.

Marty certainly is responsible for everything though.
>>
>>121629428
Yeah, that's true. It's easy to blame it all on Marty, but Sticky does make a good point. They both had shitty childhoods with abusive dads. But Sticky moved on passed his abuse and became something of a free spirit. Just a low tier drug dealer living to keep comfortable, not really haunted by his past.

Meanwhile Brad just kinda let his past envelop him in guilt and darkness; trying to numb the pain through drug use and keeping everyone at an emotional distance.

Then again, I doubt Sticky had to either watch or take part in sexually abusing his little sister. Brad probably also kept that stuff to himself.
>>
Quick, post your favorite LISA party member and why they're your favorite

>Olan
>10/10 at not getting targeted
>Respectable damage
>Even if he whiffs his debuffs he still does damage
>Proved to be useful even after I got fed up with Buckets' Joy shit and he was severely underleveled
>Synergizes with Birdie
>Not a shitter, character-wise
>>
>Lose internet access on Monday
>Just got it back today
>"Oh jeez, I'm gonna have to read all those /irg/ posts I missed"
>Last two threads didn't make it to the post limit
This general is far too comfy and dead.
>>
>>121633475
>Beautiful general too comfy for this board, too pure
>>
>>121633475
>>121633628
It feels good to be part of this place.
>>
Whoever was >>121271092 , glad you're enjoying it so far. For the target chance, you may want to look into the Keep-Away and Close-Quarters some orbs have, and embed them into equipment. You'll be switching stuff quickly early game, but they're cheap to make, so there isn't much of a problem. And unfortunately, no, I don't remember any of my physical guys learning taunt moves. There is a character with one of those, but you can only get him in the post-game scenario.
>>
File: Jack.png (2KB, 130x130px) Image search: [Google]
Jack.png
2KB, 130x130px
>>121633168
You already noted the best things about my favorite, so I'll do my second favorite.

>Jack
>good HP for a wizard class (more than Yazan and a few other party members)
>base attack causes bleed fairly often
>levitate is a reliable Scare move (more reliable than Nern's Real Ghost Story IMO)
>Heavy damage multi-target skills that synergize with Birdie
>Hat trick is fun to mess around with
>Doesn't run out of SP quickly
>interesting character: Young man born after the White Flash. Becomes obsessed with magic.
>>
>>121633168
Hard to decide. Shocklord, probably.

>Huge bro
>Always good to have, massive damage against everything
>Actually considers Brad a friend and a bro to the end, refuses to fight and hurt him even when fucking Terry snaps
>I have a soft spot for gimmick/one-trick-pony characters that are actually useful

Harvey has to be a close second because fish in a top hat with a machinegun and his debuffs are incredibly useful.
>>
Did Omori get delayed or something? It's November and the game still isn't out.
>>
File: Shocklord.gif (2MB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
Shocklord.gif
2MB, 320x239px
>>121635038
Him and Queen Rogers were the only ones who felt it was fucked up to betray Brad. I was really surprised about Roger since he joins you because he owes you a favor and misses caving people's skulls in.
>>
File: 134396304056725.png (38KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
134396304056725.png
38KB, 1000x1000px
i can't get .flow to work....
anyone got any idea how to do it ??
i cri
>>
>>121635452
>omori
its shit and it'll never come out. there's been no real updates for months
>>
does LISA (The Painful) get better? I've played like ~30 minutes of it and I feel like the game is personally trying too hard to be emotional before I even have attachment to any of the characters, and the battle system is boring. Do I just have shit taste, or does the game get better?
>>
>>121635452
Waiting forever for that sweet sweet music

>>121638228
Both

Just follow a guide if you get lost because of all the shit there is to do later, there's no shame in doing that.
>>
>>121638228
It's very slow in the beginning, yes. It picks up after you get the bike.
>>
>>121635626
try >>121578091

if you get a message popping up about moonrunes and RPG2003, you need to download the RTP

if you've done both and it still fucks up I have no idea
>>
>>121638228
Keep playing. Some fights later on will get decently challenging (or you even might want to try Pain Mode?) and the story will start moving much faster with actual character development. It's worth it.
>>
>>121634651
Yeah it's a fair bit of fun so far. My party just split up in the swamp.

But yeah, figured out the 'reach' thing and now if I played again, I might make the main guy a front-liner as the swords have a less reach so more chances to get hit.

But yeah it's a lot of fun so far, I am really enjoying it. APpreciate the recommendation.
>>
>>121645884
No problem. btw, don't forget to make people start at level 1. Stats are random otherwise and they're very important early on, and besides, you get the experience scrolls to level them up to your Lv.
What did you make everyone specialize in? I'm curious since I haven't strayed much from my current builds.
>>
>>121646969
Yeah I made sure to put everyone at 1. I want full control over how they're built.

Velk is Space Magic / Mystic/Forest
Shena is Combos / Hunter
Ricky is Techs / Knight
Rayne is Magic / Magician
The old guy I just got is probably Prayers but I haven't decided yet

Ricky's is mostly probably because I was influenced by yours (or whoever else posted the screenshot) But I like the Space Magic so far.
>>
Is LISA The First required playing before playing Painful? I've collected 6 items so far but have yet to see the connection between First and the start of Painful.
>>
>>121649593
Not in the least.
>>
Good night, /irg/.
>>
>>121648494
That's good. Ricky is great for Techs since his weapon choice is spears and those includes halberds which do crazy high damage. I did the same for Rayne with her being a Mage, and I also made Mozef a Prayers dude. Swap Velk and Shena's specializations and it's my party. And you probably were going to make Ripple a Survival gal, which I also did. Space Magic isn't really suitable for Velk since he's close range with his sword as you said. It's better for Shena since she's far away with her bow. Besides, how the hell could you be faster than anyone in a wheelchair?
Later on, you're going to get a equipment altar where you can use tablets to restore special stuff and use it. There's a tablet which gives access to a Combo skill which does 300% your normal damage as a finisher and is really good, but it only works with knives. Thing is, I never got it during my 3 playthroughs, but you can use a code to get the same equipment. Feel free to use it when you can: Enforcer's title: Sun 819 357.
There's also an optional level 60 dungeon I never got the tablet for either, but you might want to save it for later:
Crystal Shrine - North: Moon 265 125
Crystal Shrine - South: Moon 813 196
I'm giving you these since they're exceedingly rare. I never even knew about them until I checked online, and that's coming from someone with max Luck over three playthroughs, who also grinded a ton.
>>
>>121650714
Yeah I'm actually usually giving Velk a Book and just sorta going with it. Party works really well though, so far. I imagine that things will probably get more difficult though, but I've pretty much breezed through much of the early game up til this point.

Also I'll totally use those codes. Thanks!
>>
>>121653226
No problem, just want to help a fellow anon enjoy Capella's Promise as much as possible.
>more difficult
Heck yes they will. You'll remember these posts when you're against Vritra 23000/23000 HP, or Zumoh PUNCH RUSH. I really looked forward to the next boss fight when I first played it, specially because of the music. It's one of the game's most favorite things for me.
Just remember that you can still reset if you're not too happy with Velk's build, since you're pretty early in the game.
>>
>>121654774
I might. I mean I like the spacemage. I think my main problem is just that I was under the assumption that everyone could use any weapon, they just got a bonus for their preferred (I don't know why I thought that, but it's coming back to bite me) but I very well might restart for something a little more...optimal before I get too far into it.
>>
>>121655027
Space Mages are really good. Armor/Magic Breath (extra defense for phys/magic damage) and Healing Mist (constant healing every turn) just gives a really helpful boost to any party. Later on they get some really good spells too, like Spell Wall (reflect magic for five turns but halve defense) and Bold Magic (boost MAG but spells cost more MP). And their Cyclone beats the Mage's wind spells by doing roughly 50% more damage, though they'll be mostly refreshing boosts and such. They're also the only class that can directly deal Poison damage, apart from Prayers.
>>
File: PAGE 10, CHECK.png (285KB, 543x415px) Image search: [Google]
PAGE 10, CHECK.png
285KB, 543x415px
Thread-saving bumpity bump bump.
>tfw no CHECK 'EM Lockwood
>>
File: 1446961682172.png (311KB, 543x415px) Image search: [Google]
1446961682172.png
311KB, 543x415px
>>121668529
I gave a sort-of attempt.
>>
Any advice for Lisa the Joyful?
Mostly just trying to bump this thread
>>
>>121674843
Go right.
>>
File: buddy_by_blue_pizza123-d9doh8y.png (819KB, 1016x1200px) Image search: [Google]
buddy_by_blue_pizza123-d9doh8y.png
819KB, 1016x1200px
>>121674843
Using Joy won't instantly fuck you over with a bad end like in Painful.

I was in the /v/ discussion of Lisa and learned that Dingaling added the heal move Mend in an update after the fact. That really upsets me because I felt Mend was an OP move that really put the game on easy mode from that point on. Also it completely destroyed the immersion of forcing the player to use Joy to survive.

For instance, in my run of Lisa the Joyful I was trying to go Joyless knowing what happened to Brad and wanting to avoid that fate for Buddy. I had beaten Sindy Gallows and at that point ran out of all my healing items, except Joy which also acts as a heal. However after one more fight I leveled up and learned Mend which took away all that tension and fear of having to take Joy. I ended up beating the game and Big Lincoln easily by spamming Mend when I needed it.

Really I think Dingaling shot up his narrative when he added Mend into the game. If I was forced to use Joy to survive I probably would have had to use all 26 that I saved up just to beat Big Lincoln and the other final bosses. Having Buddy use Joy also explains why she becomes so obsessed with becoming the number 1 warlord. Going through the game joyless while Buddy was letting the world go to Hell just made Buddy seem more naturally monstrous than she really is.

Oh and hey, does anyone have that drawing of Buddy in a chibi style with her saying "I am not cute, I am death incarnate!"
>>
File: offinanutshell.png (350KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
offinanutshell.png
350KB, 500x500px
fuq
>>
File: Happy Meal.png (2MB, 2500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Meal.png
2MB, 2500x1500px
>>121682252
Tbh even though we got a pretty ded general, I'm glad it's here. I definitely would never have learned of other indie games like OFF without this general. Once I get some free time I'm definitely going to play that next.
>>
gay
cat
incest
>>
File: Unholy_Heights_Artwork_6.jpg (27KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Unholy_Heights_Artwork_6.jpg
27KB, 500x281px
Bumping to see if anyone has played Unholy Heights before
>>
>>121682695
Maybe someday we'll be sustaining

>>121684191
Never heard of it, give us the rundown pls
>>
>>121677830
I played the Joyful when it first came out and was forced to use Joy at around the same time. One of the few things Joyful did right t b h. I have no idea why Mend was patched in.
>>
File: help.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
ten
>>
Holy fucking shit, i just completed LISA The Painful
I didnt cried when i completed Undertale, not at all, but now i couldnt hold it, whole ending was so fucking depressing
>>
>>121691167
Oh man, you don't know what awaits you on Joyful.
>>
Good morning, /irg/!
>>
File: official irg logo.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
official irg logo.png
4KB, 400x400px
>>
Without spoilers, do my dialogue choices in Cave Story matter? Already seems like I avoided a fight with it but don't know if that will change anything.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC7RRAQLDDw
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 363x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 363x405px
Is there any more art of joy mutant Buddy? Maybe even lewds?
>>
File: 1440774970428.png (149KB, 822x617px) Image search: [Google]
1440774970428.png
149KB, 822x617px
>>121703917
>lewds
:^)
>>
>>121704072
That's some hot soup.
>>
post number 100
>>
File: 1357686121711.gif (2MB, 320x176px) Image search: [Google]
1357686121711.gif
2MB, 320x176px
>>121677830
It tore me up inside to have to use Joy to get through the game with a decent time. I kept thinking "I don't want to end up like Brad, I don't want to end up like Brad" as Buddy probably did, but then using Joy, and all that, and everything, and it just

>>121691167
DID YOU DO THE RIGHT THING?
>>
>Played Undertale, OFF, LISA
>Want to play similar games but don't know what to play
what games me play now?
>>
>>121709484
Megaman Sprite Game
>>
>>121709484
OneShot
>>
>>121709638
>>Megaman Sprite Game
What's that?
>>
>>121709740
http://megamanspritecomic.tumblr.com/game
>>
File: dearest.png (48KB, 638x480px) Image search: [Google]
dearest.png
48KB, 638x480px
please stop being so dead
please ;_;
>>
>>121703917
Why would you want lewds of a Joy mutant oh my god
>>
>>121707634
It's a short enough game I might replay Joyful soon and just consciously not use mend to get the real experience of the game.

You know it's funny that Dingaling made that joke "easy mode" but then actually patches the game to become easy mode once you learn mend.
>>
>>121704072
>Buddy bites down really hard!
>>
>>121711229
Gay cat incest
>>
File: fine cat purge to.png (235KB, 725x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fine cat purge to.png
235KB, 725x1000px
for fuck sake guys
>>
>>121709484
Space Funeral
>>
>>121711229
Is HOME good? I played an early version of it and it seemed like it was trying way too hard.
>>
>>121723229
It's ok
>>
>>121723229
At least it tries at all, unlike Felix's games.
>>
>>121719679
Can't speak definitively about the aesthetics yet, but the music is fantastic!
>>
>>121725184
You bet it is. The music's probably my favorite part of Space Funeral.
>>
File: ghost.png (4KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
ghost.png
4KB, 320x240px
Hey guys, it's the Band Practice guy from two threads ago.
Quick question: what's a ghost's favourite food?
>>
>>121725347
Old Movies
>>
>>121598536
>People think Mettaton could pose a threat to the batter
>Mettaton can't beat a kid
>Batter does so effortlessly
>>
File: index.jpg (6KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 183x275px
>>121725347
BOOloney
>>
ten ;_;
>>
I wonder, is our general comfy only because its dead? Because look at /utg/, its extremely active and full of cancer and retarded shit
>>
>>121735731
Probably. We need to get the right balance between activity and comfy, so that we're not dead but not full of shitposting.
>>
>>121735997
Our first thread was the best, we reached bump limit in 3 days. Last one didnt readh it after a week.
>>
>>121735731
usually, people who are dedicated enough to stick with a general which is almost dead are either circle jerk fanatics or genuinely appreciate the topic
early /hbg/ and /ddg/ on its last legs are/were enjoyable as heck, with people being quite fun and happy
>>
good night /irg/
tommorrow's another shitty day
atleast i got you guys
>>
HOME is super fun so far.
Are any of the other OFF fangames worth it?
I heard some of them are really cringey.
>>
>>121739438
Unknown :^)
>>
>>121739438
Nah, HOME is the only good one.
>>
File: 1446780779799.png (33KB, 718x622px) Image search: [Google]
1446780779799.png
33KB, 718x622px
>>
WAKE ME UP
>>
>>121719679
+1 for space funeral
>>
>>121745441
Is that frisk?
>>
>>121751873
Yes.
>>
File: pepe_is_lost.png (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_is_lost.png
36KB, 640x480px
>>
File: ginger ale party.png (15KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ginger ale party.png
15KB, 800x600px
Very Pink Game was comfy AF.
Shame it was so boring and simple though.
I would kill for a full length game with this setting/art style/story.
>>
>>121749942
WAKE ME UP INSIDE
>>
>>121622506
He probably wouldn't been caught if only Buddy had allowed him to sleep
>>
>>121712326
I just want more art of joy mutant Buddy, if it's lewd or not doesn't matter.
>>
File: why.gif (65KB, 34x55px) Image search: [Google]
why.gif
65KB, 34x55px
>>121704072
>>
Why the fuck hasn't Dingaling started some form of comic revolving around Brad's travels through Olathe, depicting some canon sequence of events to the Painful. Imagine all the character interactions. Imagine the scenarios in which he meets all his party members and loses some. The entire setting has so much god damn potential. I don't want it to end so soon.
>>
File: Batter_05.jpg (86KB, 400x653px) Image search: [Google]
Batter_05.jpg
86KB, 400x653px
Batter did nothing wrong.
>>
I started playing LISA the first and I don't really understand what's going on. It kinda looks like a yume nikki clone except filled with dads. Is it an important part of the LISA trilogy?
>>
>>121779216
>Is it an important part of the LISA trilogy?
not really, though it explains few things
>>
>>121772964
This is an excellent image

If only Terry was replaced with Birdie
>>
good morning, lads
>>
File: elo.gif (26KB, 203x182px) Image search: [Google]
elo.gif
26KB, 203x182px
>>121786048
>>
/utg/ is literally turning into /fn@fg/ v. 2.0, 2 weeks ago they were saying Shamchat and roleplaying itself is cancer and that people doing it should fuck off, now whole thread is filled with it
good that i got this place too
>>
PaGe TeN
>>
I so fucking liked LISA's music that I start learning how to use FL Studio.
>>
File: tumblr_nv3dl5za5S1thbfklo1_1280.jpg (343KB, 1280x933px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nv3dl5za5S1thbfklo1_1280.jpg
343KB, 1280x933px
>>121772964
>tfw Dingaling made LISA with zero artistic ability literally dicking around in MS Paint and trial version FL Studio and made the game of the decade, but he will never manage to replicate the same charm, his next game is going to be pure edgy gross-out and fail, and it would probably be better if he sold out to a larger company
Feels absolutely terrible. I don't want the magic to go bros
>>
ten
>>
>>121787069
Blame furrys
>>
Would this be the right thread to discuss Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden? Really digging the battle system.
>>
>>121812229
Yes. I should still play this by the way.
>>
File: 1440249720_harvey.png (106KB, 687x654px) Image search: [Google]
1440249720_harvey.png
106KB, 687x654px
>>121772964
If I recall Dingaling made this mostly by himself, I'm sure he'd rather focus on making new games.

Really though there is nothing I'd love more than a webcomic based on Brad's journey, adding more character dialogue spaced between the important moments like fighting Charmy, killing the Men's Hair Club, getting ambushed by Buzzo.

Hell, even if you can't draw there is the option of just using the in-game sprites and adding dialogue and the right poses for each panel. I remember as a teen always reading Mortal Kombat webcomics created using 2D sprites.

Even then, it'd probably require a lot of effort.

>>121798720
Yeah, I'll probably check the first reviews on steam and then buy it if it's not mixed or mostly negative.
>>
File: nottodisushittoagen.jpg (48KB, 640x476px) Image search: [Google]
nottodisushittoagen.jpg
48KB, 640x476px
So I was playing OFF, I got this error and the game crashed.

Could anyone post here the image specified in the error from their game files, so I can copy it to my gamefiles, please?
>>
is unity any good?
>>
File: le batteur2.png (7KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
le batteur2.png
7KB, 192x192px
>>121817553
Always happy to help.
>>
i'm so fucking bored to translate it in english that i'll talk in french for a bit. Use google translate or any friends you have to translate it. aka fuck you

Nous sommes en 20XX sur terre et une guerre nucléaire faire rage au point de tuer toute vie existante sur terre, sauf un abri nucléaire, qui a réussi a survivre a ce carnage. Un nombre important de scientifique c'était réfugié dans cet abri qui leur sert maintenant de prison tellement la terre est devenu toxique et invivable.
Ce groupe de scientifique décide d'utiliser le seul enfant de l'abri et de le nourrir exclusivement de médicaments qui devraient lui permettre de devenir surhumain et d'avoir un pouvoir de création digne de dieu. Or les médicaments n'était tout sauf bon l'esprit de l'enfant et le rendît mentalement instable, sachant qu'il n'a pas la maturité et la connaissance d'un adulte. L'expérience marcha si bien que l'enfant décida de recréer le monde avec l'image qu'il s'est faites, et donc recréa un monde pure et vide, comme la chambre où il a été enfermé pour ces tests, et a donc créé un monde imparfait qui n'a aucun sens.
Vous êtes le batteur et vous avez pour tâche de purifier ce monde.

So yeah that's the truth behind OFF. I don't know everything but you can be sure that's beginning of OFF, it was confirmed by Mortis Ghost himself you can trust me.
>>
File: OFF.(Game).full.1487854.jpg (294KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
OFF.(Game).full.1487854.jpg
294KB, 800x1131px
>>121820520
But I can't trust you, anon. Source me.
>>
>>121821524
being friend with him is ok?
>>
File: wh.png (5KB, 284x246px) Image search: [Google]
wh.png
5KB, 284x246px
>>121822027
Oh.
>>
>>121820520
ughh i wish i had bothered learning french
>>
>>121822027
>go check his Steam
>expect nothing but Ukrainian dadaist inverted diagonal scroller anti-RPGs with post-avant jazzcore soundtracks
>his library is completely normiecore, only Grim Fandango and Binding of Isaac is to be expected
Oh. Funny how it works. Is he a chill dude anon?
>>
>>121823173
he's really cool, but don't talk a lot. He's working on a lot of comic projects
>>
>>121822027
>>121823831
Damn, son.
>>
>>121820520
So the world of OFF is the literal world after a nuclear apocalypse that Hugo recreated using god powers given to him by scientists in a bunker, first making it pure and empty, but then filling it with weird shit.

Huh.
>>
>>121825363
that's right
>>
>>121819098
Thanks anon. Thanks to you I can finally get on the last stretch of the game.
>>
I love the OFF OST, but does anyone else think that The Meaning of His Tears feels weirdly empty without the Queen's whispers? I actually learnt the basics of Audacity just to fix it.
>>
>>121830104
God I hate these posts so much. I mean, I guess it's better than just letting the thread die, but was there NOTHING you could say of any meaning whatsoever? Really? I mean, finding some shit piece of art of Google images and attaching it would still add visual interest to the thread, and would thus be an improvement. Really, if you post 'bump' then I judge you a waste of space who lacks any semblance of imagination.
>>
File: notinfrontofher.png (27KB, 700x840px) Image search: [Google]
notinfrontofher.png
27KB, 700x840px
>>121831904
Take a _Joy_ pill anon
>>
>>121831904
bump <3
>>
File: IT WAS ME YADO.png (29KB, 579x509px) Image search: [Google]
IT WAS ME YADO.png
29KB, 579x509px
>>121831904
>visual interest to the thread
would you prefer some lewd buddy instead?
>>
>>121684191
Sorry I didn't get to you until now. I've been away from the thread for a few days.
Unholy Heights is fun for me, but I'm not sure it's great for everyone. If you like cute things, I think it's a cute little game that you'll get enough enjoyment out of. What did you want to ask about?
>>
>>121835836
Sticky pls go Yado did nothing wrong
>>
>>121834227
>>121835501
>>121835836
Ugh, sorry, I dunno what came over me really. That post was waaaaaaaay more aggressive than I was thinking.
>>
QUESTION about Cave Story.

If you play through the game and get all requirements for the best ending, can you still finish the games normal end and run to the chopper and then reload the save and this time run to the house for the secret level?
>>
File: help.png (8KB, 535x406px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
8KB, 535x406px
/irg/ HELP. Most text in Lisa the painful won't show up and I don't understand why
>>
>>121837937
I know nothing about this game, but are there font files that you haven't installed?
>>
File: i'm sorry guys.png (153KB, 376x500px) Image search: [Google]
i'm sorry guys.png
153KB, 376x500px
>>121837937
I'm pretty sure it's a font issue, but I don't know what font LISA uses.
>>
File: 1447003225742.jpg (645KB, 1070x920px) Image search: [Google]
1447003225742.jpg
645KB, 1070x920px
I don't really get why people recommend Off. It has the some of the shittiest gameplay I've had the displeasure of dealing with, and I've played all manner of obscure shitty RM2k games.

The aesthetics are cool, and the music is pretty great too, but the story is confusing nonsense that had me scratching my head.

Here are some of my personal free RPG recommendations.

Tales of the Drunken Paladin: Pretty fucking long game, generally amusing, with a really satisfying combat system (though it's nothing new). Has a ton of minigames, secrets, items to collect, and sorts of cool shit. Highly recommended. Don't start in hard mode.

Dragon Destiny: Probably the only functional RM2k game to feature around 40 hours of puzzles, mini games, and a functional Monter Rancher-like monster raising sim within the game. It's been years since I've played it, but it was really impressive back in the day. Probably the most script heavy game along with Deus Cards and Tetris (also cool).

Sunset Over Imdahl: Not an RPG, but made with RM2k. Very short and very worth a playthrough. The creator is a kickass artist now.

Visions & Voices: Dark, atmospheric, and pretty damn well put together. Your character don't level up, though they can get some limited bonuses for certain attributes, so most progression comes from equipment. Not particularly hard, but the combat is definitely satisfying. Story is forgettable, but eh...
>>
>>121838623
>>121838730

I installed all the font files.
>>
>>121838745
will try those games anon
/irg/ needs some fresh games, not just LISA and OFF
>>
>>121838745
I will certainly look into these games, and we do need new content here. However, I would certainly disagree that OFF is a travesty like you seem to think. You might not have gotten it, but to many people it's very surrealism/inscrutability is what draws them to it. The story makes decent sense until the Room, providing you pay attention, and I don't think you can deny that there's an atmosphere. I think that there is a lot to recommend it, especially for people tired of generic Tolkein ripoffs.

But yes, the gameplay is utter shit. I think I did about five non-automated battles for my first playthrough.
>>
good night
have nice dreams
stay alive
>>
File: eb! enterbrain.png (7KB, 478x159px) Image search: [Google]
eb! enterbrain.png
7KB, 478x159px
Can I ask a potentially stupid question? A lot of these ancient RPG Maker titles have this logo at the start. What exactly was 'Eb! enterbrain'? Google got nothing except some Japanese publisher, which doesn't seem relevant.
>>
>>121840502
That's exactly it? Enterbrain is the publisher of the RPG Maker line.
>>
File: 1447006367646.png (534KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1447006367646.png
534KB, 1920x1080px
>>121840174
I like Pathologic, and that's like the very epitome of an obscure, surrealist adventure with shitty mechanics. I got Off, I really did, I just wouldn't recommend it as an RPG. If it was just exploration with some puzzle solving and scripted battle scenes, absolutely. But the mechanics kill it for me.

Also, wow. I just learned that Deus Cards might be getting a remake in MV. It's a game I really liked, but it's also a game that had near-incomprehensible mechanics. That shit was like 10 years ago!
>>
File: 1443054700733.gif (3MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
1443054700733.gif
3MB, 480x272px
>>121838745
>Dragon Destiny
OH MY GOD

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO REMEMBER THE NAME OF THIS GAME FOR FUCKING YEARS

I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD EVER FIND IT AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH
>>
>>121837718
Yes.
>>
>>121826663
Now that you mention it, kinda.
>>
>>121843135
Enjoy. You may also find this useful: http://www.queenscourt.org/othergames.php
>>
>>121798720
>his next game
>>121815879
> I'll probably check the first reviews on steam

Wait, he's making another game?
>>
>>121844248
>Wait, he's making another game?
https://twitter.com/Dingalinggames/status/662431836715413504
>>
>>121844224
Damn this thing has a big part of my early teenage years all over it.
>>
>>121845167
Same. Back when rpgarena was the place to be and every day saw 10 new rtp adventures of the hero known as Alex. Good times.
>>
>>121844760
Dayum, that's looking nice
>>
>>121845932
He said it was going to be about "racist ninjas" and be even more dark and disgusting that LISA. Which isn't reassuring to me personally, dingaling honestly has a massive inner edgelord and while the Painful managed to toe a perfect line between edge and gallows humor, the Joyful did much less so. If it's going to be pure grossout for the sake of grossout and making the politically correct crowd upset, it's probably not going to be too enjoyable.
>>
>>121847026
I dunno, I thought Lisa's story was not half as compelling as the world/atmosphere. I don't know what Austin can do to make it even darker than a post apocalyptic world full of rapists, perverts, and prostitutes.

Racist ninjas sounds like a random game concept name generator pick.
>>
hey /irg/ I have artistic skills and a general direction in mind but literally zero programming experience

is it still worth trying to make something novel and interesting in rpgmaker
>>
>>121848823
go for it pal
>>
>>121848823
You might want to hit up the RPGMaker general. In uncertain terms, sure, go for it. If you limit yourself to something short and sweet, you can come up with a near little game. Bigger projects end up as demos because creators learn, realize the limitations of the engine, and move on to something else. Or just get bored and quit.
>>
>>121848823
I don't have personal experience with Rose, RPG Maker's programming script from XP onward, but I've heard it's pretty simple. Even without Rose it's pretty simple to use honestly, so go for it, why not.
>>
File: hOI.png (3KB, 446x140px) Image search: [Google]
hOI.png
3KB, 446x140px
>>
File: screaming void.png (71KB, 540x479px) Image search: [Google]
screaming void.png
71KB, 540x479px
>>121855509
UT was a great game on its own merits, but it's pretty fucking scummy that Toby took everyone's money to make the game, made even more dosh when it hit the Steam charts, and then straight up said he wasn't going to complete the campaign's stretch goals.
>>
>>121855871
>said he wasn't going to complete the campaign's stretch goals
wait, what? s-source?
>>
>>121855871
>said he wasn't going to complete the campaign's stretch goals.
?????????
>>
>>121856015
>>121856480
Apparently he said that any further Undertale patches would be exclusively bug fixes. IIRC it was the Nov 7 KS update.
>>
File: wat.png (26KB, 619x354px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
26KB, 619x354px
>>121857123
What is there to patch?
>>
File: toby_zps4bddriyz.png~original.png (28KB, 618x219px) Image search: [Google]
toby_zps4bddriyz.png~original.png
28KB, 618x219px
>>121857868
I'll be damned. With the way everyone was ranting about "Hard Mode" I had assumed it was a promised feature. Please disregard, I'm a faggot.
>>
File: 1443920394093.jpg (29KB, 341x309px) Image search: [Google]
1443920394093.jpg
29KB, 341x309px
Help, I cant get in to pain mode in lisa
It is because it is a pirated version?
>>
>>121859808
Pain mode was a patch. Make sure you're playing the newest version.
>>
File: CL1295tUcAAvcoB.jpg (47KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CL1295tUcAAvcoB.jpg
47KB, 600x450px
>>121841641
>I got Off, I really did
>>
good morning irg
4am is not fun
>>
>>121871250
8:17 PM master race nigga

Where you at fa.m
>>
File: image.jpg (190KB, 1280x634px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190KB, 1280x634px
beep boop
>>
File: image.jpg (181KB, 1120x840px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 1120x840px
>>121878360
>mfw it's just me in the general
>>
>>121883512
Mmmm-mmm, Mmmm-mmm, mmm
Voices in my head

I was going to suggest we all draw something from the last /irg/ game we played but then I realized I was way too tired to draw anything that made any sense.
>>
>>121883916
Me too, but I'll do it tomorrow
>>
File: jug zach.png (2KB, 145x181px) Image search: [Google]
jug zach.png
2KB, 145x181px
Good morning!
>>
>>121884109
Hello, Judge. How are you today?
>>
File: TardyBoat.png (2KB, 137x122px) Image search: [Google]
TardyBoat.png
2KB, 137x122px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbBAMTF-yY4
>>
What was the consensus about the Joyful at the time of release? I avoided threads on purpose to avoid getting spoilered and I just finished it yesterday.

It was... kind of ass I must admit. The RPG mechanics don't work too well with one/two party members, Buddy is edgy as fuck, the dark/absurd humour is almost completely gone and after looking them up, the secrets are ridiculously hard to discover on your own.
>>
>>121872003
too earlystan
ill go sleep again
>>
File: ghost 06.jpg (74KB, 550x491px) Image search: [Google]
ghost 06.jpg
74KB, 550x491px
bump
>>
Hey guys, I tried installing OFF, but after I selected my gender a pop up saying "Not yet Implemented" show up a thousand times before crashing the game

I google'd the problem but I have no idea what to do
>>
File: Not Implemented.png (140KB, 1001x661px) Image search: [Google]
Not Implemented.png
140KB, 1001x661px
>>121901215
Not Implemented*
>>
>>121895270
back awake again

>>121901612
well that looks creepy
have you found a fix yet?
>>
>>121893641
Okay, but not as good as the original. Some people thought it was so bad, it devalued the original. Others said it was just bad and/or boring, and fucked up character development from The Painful.

I thought it was alright, worth it for the closure, but not particularly great on its own merit. Kinda meh about Buzzo turning out to be a wuss after wiping the floor with Brad in The Painful.
>>
>>121888840
This part was fucked up beyond belief but I chuckled anyway.
>>
>>121906117
Not yet, I can't find a solution
>>
Hey /irg/, drawfag here! Let's stay alive, so send me some requests.
>>
>>121912202
How about Brad and Buddy doing some really mundane stuff?

Something to heal the heart.
>>
File: paprando.png (99KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
paprando.png
99KB, 900x900px
>>121912202
More Papyrus and Rando hanging out.
>>
>>121912202
Brad and shocklord doing their Tag Team Finisher on one of the members of the Sunset Express.
>>
File: DETERMINATION.png (309KB, 544x416px) Image search: [Google]
DETERMINATION.png
309KB, 544x416px
>>121912202
Lockwood checking them.
>>
File: ang.png (8KB, 542x126px) Image search: [Google]
ang.png
8KB, 542x126px
ded
>>
but it refused
>>
I really, really fucking love everything about the look and feel of The Batter from OFF.

Is it too derivative if I make the protagonist in a game I'm thinking about making a faceless human (or, at least, thing that looks like a human) who uses random household items and tools as weapons?
>>
>>121926141
'Too derivative' is pretty subjective. I think we'd need to see at least a picture and sample of dialogue lines to make that judgement. But please, elaborate on this project of yours.
>>
File: Battler_Denny_Sweet_Tea.png (7KB, 276x276px) Image search: [Google]
Battler_Denny_Sweet_Tea.png
7KB, 276x276px
I am having a BAD TIME

I feel my sins crawling up my back

If you want to add some real challenge to this game, try a Joyless Pain Mode Mandatory Characters Only run like me
>>
File: tell me a random number.jpg (318KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
tell me a random number.jpg
318KB, 1280x1810px
248 / 74 / 64 / 10
>>
>>121928691
Which ones are mandatory again? I remember Terry and Fardy are required to join your party at least once.
>>
>>121912202
aaaaand he never was seen again
>>
>>121932903
249 / 74 / 64/ 4
>>
>>121934431
Terry, Fardy, Percy and Buffalo van Dyke.
>>
if you had to rank your top 5 indie RPGs, how would you rank them?

1. Undertale (eh, deal with it, those feels)
2. Lisa
3. OFF
4. Cave Story
5. Yume Nikki
>>
>>121893641
I felt it was a appropriate closure for Buddy. It's not really a good ending but like I said one fitting for all the shit Buddy does through Joyful. Considering she gives Rando and Brad a proper burial and keeps mutant Brad alive along with her baby I have some hope that she can possibly find peace in time. Though she's basically in the same cycle of guilt and nurturing someone else that Brad was in.

Gameplay wise I've mentioned it early but the game becomes piss easy once you learn Mend. The bosses basically become HP sponges that can't kill you at that point. For anyone who plays Joyful, I recommend not using Mend as a handicap to give the game some challenge and make the narrative make more sense. I went Joyless in my run and it didn't make sense when the effects of Joy were starting to hit Buddy.

Also Buddy's baby is larger because it's a few years old by the ending right? I've heard some people claim the baby is a mutant but honestly it just looks like a 1-2 year old baby which I think was the point.
>>
>>121935950
>Cave Story
>Yume Nikki
>RPGs
>>
>>121936040
It's in the OP so I counted them.
>>
File: Jack_HD.png (191KB, 277x539px) Image search: [Google]
Jack_HD.png
191KB, 277x539px
>>121912202
How about one of Jack messing up a card or magic trick?
>>
>>121928628
Lightheartedish space adventure RPG. At the very start of the game you wake up without a face or any memories, and the aliens on the ship explain to you that they had to teleport all humans off of Earth because the person their civilization is at war with decided to destroy it. They tell you that their ship was only selected to receive one human due to its small size and shitty teleporter, and apologize for how awfully it mangled you.

You then find out that all other civilizations are magic-users, and most of them are extremely afraid of humans. Humans, you see, have a very bizarre magical signature, which prevents them completely from being able to use magic. They can, however, chose what spells effect them. Since all the projectile weapons of both civilizations are magical, and you're immune to magic, you wind up in hand-to-hand combat with everybody you face. So the gameplay is basically "Go to alien world and beat evil aliens in the face with a random household item."

I'm considering a twist ending where you find out that both civilizations agreed to blow up Earth together, since it was full of such dangerous creatures. Then you'd find out that the captain of the ship you first appeared on went against orders and tried to teleport all humans off himself—but, of course, the only way to fit all of them would be to shove all their magical essence into one being. That, of course, is you. So then you'd have to sacrifice yourself and your individuality to let the human race live on.

Still working on it. Twist is going to be really hard to make non-obvious.
>>
>>121935950
Alright, I'm going to go with you're apparently loose definition of an 'RPG'.

1. Ib (Puzzles I can actually do, a nice plot, and art. What more could you want?).

2. OFF

3. Space Funeral

4. To The Moon

5. Central Station
>>
File: buckets.jpg (97KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
buckets.jpg
97KB, 1136x640px
>>
>>121938565
Sounds interesting. Keep us updated, god knows anything posted to /irg/ is a blessing.
>>
File: community_image_1418720419.gif (16KB, 273x233px) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1418720419.gif
16KB, 273x233px
>>121912202
>Nern resting on a dead body with a headshot wound, his revolver still smoking with him saying "Okay, back to my story!"

>Terry doing his hottest dance

>Queen Roger with his baseball bat pointed out

>Olan drawing his bow and arrow

>Pre-Painful Buddy giving Brad a plucked white flower

>Post-Joyful Buddy sleeping against mutant Brad like a pillow with Yado's trumpet in her arms

>Post-Joyful Buddy lovingly rubbing/cradling her notably pregnant stomach

>Post-Joyful Buddy staring at Rando's grave with tears falling down

Some request ideas.
>>
>>121940526
>>Nern resting on a dead body with a headshot wound, his revolver still smoking with him saying "Okay, back to my story!"
this
>>
>>121938565
Sounds pretty cool? One thing that interest me, will later enemies start using "human effective weapons" like clubs, swords, spears, regular guns?

Also one idea for a joke using this premise would be to have a scripted fight where the enemy NPC fire this massive charged energy shot that looks like it should do 9999 damage and then have it hit for 0 against the MC.
>>
>>121940987
Later NPCs are going to be more dangerous physically. Horse-sized dragons or something.

Of course, at that point you're getting much more effective weapons, so you don't just die instantly. You start out with something like a pair of scissors and work your way up to actual weapons and power tools.

If it's okay, I'd love to use that joke idea. That sounds absolutely hilarious.
>>121940497
I'm only brewing the idea now. I am a programmer (not one of those "idea guy" fucks), but I've never done GameDev shit before and I am physically unable to do art. Still, I'll work on it and keep you guys posted.
>>
>>121938565
You are making it in RPG Maker?
>>
>>121941750
i can do shitty fanart to support you if it's any help
>>
>>121941960
I have no idea what engine I'm using.

RPG Maker appeals to me because it has (or had, the website now advertises JavaScript, which I fucking hate) a Ruby scripting interface, and I really like Ruby. Unfortunately, RPGMaker is also expensive as fuck, and I don't actually know if I want to make the game turn-based.

I might wind up just doing my own tile-based engine in C++ or something. Of course, that's going to require also making my own level editor and tooling, so maybe that's not the best idea...
>>
>>121942313
Check out Game Maker, its actually really powerful.
>>
>>121941750
>If it's okay, I'd love to use that joke idea. That sounds absolutely hilarious.

Yeah go for it, it would be a waste not to use that in a magic immunity premise.
>>
>>121935950
Since I don't actually play too many indie RPGs games I'll gather what I played.
1. The Desolate Hope (Screw you all, this comes on top for many reasons. Story, Gameplay, Characters, Visuals everything is great.)
2. LISA (I finished this game seven times, seven fucking times [three times in pain mode], do I have to say more?)
3. OFF (Weird, awkward, but a really fun game with an engaging story.)
4. Magicka (We're talking about RPGs here, not turn-based games, it's fun to play with friends)
5. Undertale (It's not as good as people say it is, it's not as bad as people say it is, Sans is really cool though.)
>>
>>121942159
That would actually be fucking amazing. I don't really have anything for you to draw yet, but I'll post description sheets and shit later on.

>>121942410
I used GameMaker a long time ago. As in, when I was still in grade school.

It actually put me off programming for several years because I hated it so much. Looking at it again, it appears to use its own proprietary scripting language, which I'm against on principle.

I'll probably be able to find an engine. I heard Unreal is nice, I guess I can check that out. Or maybe I can use LÖVE or some shit.

>>121942443
Thanks.
>>
>>121942846
Oh yeah sorry new question. Will the MC have party members to work with? If so does that mean the alien magic weapons will still come into play as ways to damage allies but not the MC?
>>
>>121943128
I haven't decided on that, actually. I definitely want you to get emotionally attached to the characters, so it's more of a gut-punch when you give up your identity, but implementing their non-immunity to magic in gameplay sounds kind of hard.

Plus, they're going to have ranged weapons, while you're mostly trying to get in close so you can physically beat the opponents.

Hm. Something to think about I guess. If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them.
>>
>>121942846
I'd be up for drawing things too, as long as you actually keep up with working on the game. Nothing's sadder than seeing a game die as nothing but an idea and a few hours of work done.
>>
>>121935950
1. The desolate hope like >>121942691 said
2. LISA
3. Barkley shut up and jam gaiden
4. Darkest Dungeon (I'm not sure if this is a RPG but...)
5. OFF
>>
>>121943545
I'll try to keep on it.
>>
>>121943329
Can't really think of anything at the moment. If it turns out to be a turn based game you could probably just up the MC's stats so he's resistant to a certain type of attack (in this case magic).

Of course that leaves the problem of the AI sometimes wasting their turns using a magic attack on the MC when it only does zero damage.

Not sure how it could work for other types of combat systems.
>>
>>121928691
Way ahead of you senpai

I haven't even passed Charmie ;_;
>>
>>121935989
Who do you think the father was? Mutant Brad? Bolo? Someone else?
>>
>>121935950
Good taste lad
1. Undertale
2. LISA: The Painful (Very close tie between UT and LISA for my favorite, actually)
3. OFF
4. Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden
5. Space Funeral
>>
good night /irg/
>>
>>121878360
Saved to my backgrounds and wallpapers folder titling it as "Rainy Day (And Meat)", fittingly enough. Thank you, Anon.
>>
>>121947921
Do you think the rain is made of plastic?

sup /boig/
>>
>>121935950
1. Undertale
2. LISA The Painful
3. Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden
4. OFF
5. Legion Saga 1-3

I know Legion Saga's just Suikoden repackaged mostly but I still really liked them growing up.
>>
>>121935950
1. Tales of the Drunken Paladin
2. GearHead 1
3. Iron Gaia
4. Romancing Walker
5. Sword and the Fish
>>
Good night. Please keep the thread alive.
>>
>>121947203
My top three ideas in order of likelihood IMO 1. Mutant Brad 2. Dale (the third kidnapper they kill from Rando's gang) 3. Bolo (don't think he had enough time to really penetrate)
>>
Anyone know the font LISA the Painful uses?
>>
File: slamjam.png (86KB, 641x468px) Image search: [Google]
slamjam.png
86KB, 641x468px
>>121949562
>Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden
Fuuuuuuuck, forgot all about this based game. I'm going to have to play this next
>>
im crying right now
>>
>>121958856
What's wrong anon?
>>
>>121954750
VCR OSD Mono, isn't it?
>>
>>121961512
That does appear to be it, yes. Thanks.
>>
>Working with Love2D to try and make that game I was talking about earlier

Well.

I think I might fucking hate Lua as a language, even though everybody I know who's used it likes it. I mean, fucking global variables by default? That's fucking terrible. And I kind of dislike the tables system as well—in fact, it's sort of worse than JavaScript's object system, which is astounding.

Fuck me. Maybe I should just get an RPGMaker license, but that shit is expensive and I don't even have an artist.
Thread posts: 293
Thread images: 80

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.