[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Live Action /u/ thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 33

File: The_Handmaiden-p1.jpg (940KB, 1000x1429px) Image search: [Google]
The_Handmaiden-p1.jpg
940KB, 1000x1429px
Now that 2016 is coming to a close, what are some good lesbian movies/tv shows (or ones that include lesbians to some degree) that have come out this year?

I've heard the Handmaiden is worth a watch.
>>
>>2225086
The Handmaiden is awesome, its leagues ahead of most of the shit it gets released that its pertinent to /u/.

But 2016 has been pretty shit all around for /u/ in TV, Supergirl is qt thou.
It has both canon and shipper fodder.
>>
File: tumblr_oh68pmEJGh1rqbjg3o1_1280.png (2MB, 763x1138px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oh68pmEJGh1rqbjg3o1_1280.png
2MB, 763x1138px
>>2225086
Supergirl. It's cheesy as fuck sometimes but I don't mind it. It's cute and it gives me fuzzy feelings and lots of /u/
>>
>>2225086
>all these dudes in the cover

You literally couldnt have used a scene from a movie or something?
>>
File: IMG_0240.jpg (237KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0240.jpg
237KB, 670x377px
>>2225186
Sorry, it was the first thing I pulled off google.

How about this?
>>
Watched the Handmaiden last night. It had more het parts added compared to the original, but still thought it was a good movie overrall. Sex scenes were laughable.
>>
>>2225240
>Sex scenes were laughable
They made me feel a bunch of second-hand embarrassment. They weren't bad, don't get me wrong, but I guess the way they were filmed isn't my cup of tea.
>>
>>2225244
I think they were filmed for aesthetic purposes more than anything else but when they suddenly moved to 69 I started to chuckle. Really hated that ending sex scene though.
>>
>>2225086
Black Mirror's "San Junipero" episode was good too.
>>
What are some good stuff to watch. I have watched Fingersmith, Respire, and those were great.
>>
>>2225371
If you mean movies, then Carol and Imagine Me & You are kind of a given. Definitely watch those if you haven't already.

And I'm gonna throw in two guilty pleasures of mine: Chloe (2009) and Jennifer's Body. No happy ending but still good shit.

Then there's Bloomington (2010), which is kind of like Hallmark-tier production/quality-wise but I still enjoyed it.
>>
Speaking of movies, has anyone watched The Final Girls (2015) ? Because I sensed some serious /u/ vibes from the main girl and her mother?
Honestly I watched this movie for the laughs but it kind of took me by surprise because it turned out to be nowhere near as bad as I've expected.
>>
>>2225371
saving face, bound, and but i'm a cheerleader
>>
dont forget I Cant Think Straight
>>
Any 2016 movies? Because those mentionned above are old...
>>
the handmaiden is 100% worth a watch. it's worth multiple watches, honestly (i watched it three times in theaters). i actually think it's a great rewatch movie since you can mine the scenes more when you already know the plot as a whole.
>>
>>2225508
>First Girl I Loved
I haven't watched it yet but I heard it's decent.
>The Intervention (2016)
Again, haven't watched it yet but I know it has Natasha Lyonne and Clea DuVall as a couple. Nice throwback for those who liked them in But I'm a Cheerleader.
>>
Desert Hearts is a really great movie. Has anyone seen The L Word series, anyone recommends that? Thoughts on it?
>>
>>2225389
I started "But I'm a cheerleader " after reading about it on /u/ but I couldn't go as far as 20 minutes, it was awful. It felt like some surreal gag that went on too long. Characters were basically papercuts. Don't know if it was supposed to be a comedy but I didn't laugh, the humor was gross. Also love interest was ugly. I'm wondering why is it being recommended here.
>>
>>2225984
>papercuts
I meant cardboard cutouts
>>
>>2225973
>Has anyone seen The L Word series, anyone recommends that? Thoughts on it?
Only watch it if you have a very strong stomach for melodrama and the main character being an awful human being. Shane's hot, though.
>>
>>2225984
I think it's supposed to be borderline dark comedy or something. I agree that it might not be everyone's cup of tea but it's still a /u/ movie with a happy ending so I don't see why it wouldn't be recommended here. It's a matter of preference.
>>
>>2225993
I guess you're right. Not something I'd recommend either way.
>>
>>2225987
You mean it's too sad? I'm Arabic, so I don't feel like I understand what you mean. Too convoluted? Is there anything quite unhappy, and sad like Lost and Delirious?
>>
>>2226005
>You mean it's too sad?

It's a generic daily drama TV thing, just with lesbians. People act and are stupid, do stupid things just for the sake of "plot" and drama is the name of the game. These types of series are all the same.
>>
>>2225973
>The L Word series
It was my first lesbian drama serie and I was still in the closet back then, so from a personal point of view it was an important part of my growth.

From a storytelling point of view I liked a lot the first three seasons; season 4 was the worst, extremely melodramatic with bullshit everywhere; season 5 was a bit better; season 6 is probably my favourite thanks to its setting concept. Overall it's drama, drama, drama, drama, and so on..
>>
>>2226141
>>2226096
From your descriptions, it sounds really bad. D:
>>
>>2226437
Depends, really. These kind of shows are REALLY popular (among housewives, no?). They're generally not good, extremely repetitive and all of them are (as mentioned) basically the same, but people who watch these don't care about good.
They care about easy entertainment.
And this one's got lesbians.

In the end it's all opinions anyway. It's probably been heralded as the second coming of Jesus Lesbian Christ (wat) in some communities.
>>
>>2226437
I think you should watch it so you can have your own opinion about it. There is also a lot of good stuff that happened in the serie, so go for it. You can always stop watching if you don't like it.
>>
>>2225086
what happened to the rule that says we can't post men on /u/?
>>
>>2226450
Report it you fuck. Most of it comes from people reporting.
>>
>>2226450
OP apparently had a brain fart.

the xmas hat is funny at least
>>
>>2226450
It's a movie poster, nitwit. Stop being offended by every little thing.
>>
>>2226827
it's not me being offended, it is an actual /u/ rule. Even funny reaction pictures with guys get deleted.
>>
>>2226443
Yeah I agree, >>2226437 you should watch at least one episode to judge. There are some het sex scenes at first if I remember correctly? I watched it ages ago, I wasn't too impressed with it. There's a lot of drama and nothing too valuable imho, but I still remember and love some episodes and characters (Jenny had some nice lines in season 2). I also kinda crushed on a minor character from season 4, Katherine (Catherine?), who obviously disappeared after some episodes, sigh
>>
File: catherine.jpg (133KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
catherine.jpg
133KB, 640x360px
>>2227355
I just loved these two, in short
>>
>>2227363
Is it as gay as OITNB or gayer?
>>
>>2227397
It's called The L Word, what do you think?
>>
>>2227405
We had a show called Yuri on Ice until recently, it didn't have anything to do with yuri. For some reason i always thought The L Word was just about love relationships and its hardships and not about lesbians.
>>
What other TV shows you would recommend a watch? Orange is The New Black, Black Orphan, The L Word. What else?
>>
>>2227602
Supergirl.
>>
>>2227602
This >>2227609 also i liked Rookie Blue, but if you are in for the yuri and only yuri start in season 4.
>>
>>2227206

Being too picky about complying with that rule is stupid.
>>
>>2227668
Being too lenient with it is just as bad
>>
>>2226450
its actually good in this case as it avoids us dealing with whining people who complain about the men in the film not being warned and all that crap.
>>
>>2227689
You gonna warn them of the terrible sex scenes as well?
>>
>>2227609
Supergirl is a lesbian TV show?
>>
>>2227704
Kek, no. It's not a lesbian TV show. But it has plenty of subtext and even a canon lesbian couple in season 2. Think Orphan Black; that one isn't a lesbian TV show either but it does have a canon femslash couple and subtext.
>>
>>2227712
The main character is a lesbian?
>>
>>2227766
No, the main character is Kara (Supergirl). She's not a lesbian but she has incredible chemistry with the ladies on the cast so there's ship fuel all around ,you'll see.
Her step-sister, Alex, who is part of the main cast (well, she's basically the second main character after Kara) she comes out as gay in season 2 and gets a girlfriend.
>>
Any decent Asian movies? The batonist's daughter, Fire, anything else?
>>
Has anyone seen Sugar's Rush? What are your thoughts on it?
>>
>>2227988
Yes or No (the sequel isn't nearly as good, but still watchable), A Girl at My Door, >>2225086.
>>
>>2227998
I loved it.
>>
>>2228021
A Girl at My Door is such a fantastic movie, it's so great.
>>
>>2227998
it's just alright... if I remember it right the only sex scene is with a guy
>>
>>2228278
That's wrong. End of S1.
>>
>>2228021
>>2228050
also recommend this, girl at my door was really nice.
>>
>>2228278
why do all live action series have at least 1 het sex scene? Is it mandatory or what?
>>
>>2228332
I don't know but I wish they'd stop it
>>
>>2228021
>>2228050
>>2228331
What do you respected elder sisters think happened to Young-nam and Do-Hee? I assumed Young-nam would try to do the right thing and maintain a platonic maternal relationship but that Do-hee would eventually get her in bed, probably when Young-nam's drunk.
>>
Have there been any relevant new jap TV Dramas in recent years?
>>
>>2228436
I can only think of Transit Girls. It was rather decent, I guess.
>>
If anyone here liked Take My Wife there is a holiday special. I didn't read the title so the end was a funny surprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD8ww_QBLUQ
>>
>>2231856
thanks for posting! and if you suggested take my wife in the first place, i really enjoyed it.
>>
>>2228050
>>2228331
>>2228431
Just finished watching this at all of yo/u/r recommendation and I've gotta say, I have mixed feelings.

It was really annoying how many times they bait and switch you with the way things are going - I got mood whiplash basically from the middle of the movie to the end. It's fine though, I'm a sucker for happy endings so I was glad it all worked out in the end.

My main problem aside from the one absolutely revolting het scene was the interrogation scene. I'm not sure if it was just the subtitles that I had or what, but it seemed like everyone acted irrationally for no good reason. I mean, if I'm not missing anything, nothing actually went on between them besides the bath, so why did they both act like something worse had gone on? Just felt like a cheap plot device to create drama. Overall though, great watch.
>>
>>2231992
I'm assuming because the attraction was there. The girl either really thought or hoped that the intimate moments between held a romantic/sexual undertone so she told them how she saw things from her perspective without thinking or without being aware of the consequences altogether because for her it felt natural and perfectly fine. Something like that.
>>
>>2231996
I hadn't thought about it like that, but even still I'm not sure that's right. I mean, we already know how diabolical / calculating that Dohee is, so it's reasonable to assume that she knows what's going on. But even if we accept that she doesn't, the chief still acted really weird when asked the question about if she touched Dohee sexually. I mean, shouldn't it have just been an easy no? But again, could've just been my subtitles or my misunderstanding of the scene.
>>
>>2231997
Yes, Dohee is very calculated and smart for her age but she's also still very young. There's a lot she doesn't know about the real world, especially if we take into account the unhealthy way she was raised. I don't think she really thought about the consequences during that first interview and instead she thought there was nothing wrong because that's the way she saw it. If she knew then, I don't think she would've into all that trouble to do you know what so that she can get Young-Nam out of prison. She learned from her mistakes, she's a disturbingly clever kid.
Also, South Korea is still very narrow-minded when it comes to LGBT topics and the movie wanted to emphasize the struggles that come with that. Such as the chief instantly assuming that just because Young-Nam is a lesbian she must not be able to maintain a non-sexual relationship with another female even if the female in question is a minor. Most people can't think of same-sex relationships without sexualizing them and always assume that any homosexual person would just go for anyone that gets too close to them because they are just driven by an uncontrollable amount of lust or some shit.
>>
>>2231997
Young-nam was already sent to the boonies as a punishment for being in a relationship with another woman. She knows their relationship does not look good and that things will probably not go well for her.

>>2232007
I think it's interesting that the interrogators aren't entirely wrong. While Young-nam didn't have sex with Do-hee even when she threw herself at her, she did allow their relationship to turn somewhat improper.
>>
>>2232007
Yeah, I see what you mean. A lot of that really slipped by me, but you're right.
>>
File: girlatmydoor.png (615KB, 1152x674px) Image search: [Google]
girlatmydoor.png
615KB, 1152x674px
>>2232009
>improper
>Implying the purest form of love could ever be improper
>>
Is korean live action acting as bad as the japanese?
>>
>>2232015
Japanese live action acting is good, as long as you stay away from shitty single-take productions that cast no-talent idols.
>>
>>2232017
>shitty single-take productions that cast no-talent idols
Haven't watched many of those but I quite enjoyed Majisuka Gakuen. I thought it was so hilariously bad that it's good.
>>
Has anyone seen Skam? I know it's not /u/-related (yet), but do you think that Vilde is not straight?
>>
>>2232013
I don't think that line would have gone over well with the cops.

That film really stuck with me. I've rarely wanted the main characters of a film to end up happy as them, but I'm not sure I can see it happening.
>>
Does anyone know who Bo finally ended up with in Lost Girl? I used to watch it but fell behind at around S3 and don't really have any motivation to finish it.
>>
>>2232687
Lauren.
>>
>>2232745
Fucking hell. Tamsin was way cooler
>>
>>2235693
Agreed.
>>
I just watched the Handmaiden, it's really good, I haven't watched Fingersmith yet so the plot twists kept surprising me. I do agree that the sex scenes were laughable. If I watched the Handmaiden, should I even watch Fingersmith?
>>
>>2235877
>If I watched the Handmaiden, should I even watch Fingersmith?

Yes. Even though you know the basic plot twists already, these two movies are very different from each other. Fingersmith also has better sex scenes.
>>
I don't get why people are complaining about the sex scenes in The Handmaiden. Surely the rest of the film didn't make you think they were going for realism?
>>
>>2235909
Well blue is the warmest color was portraying realism and even their sex scene was outrageous. Mainstream films think lesbians just jump to 69 or scissoring when oral or fingering would be so much better in a first sex encounter.
>>
>>2235909
Realism has nothing to do with it. The sex scenes were just too silly, it felt like I'm suddenly watching a parody of some sort when they started fucking and I'm not sure what they were trying to accomplish with that. The bath tub scene was far more erotic than the actual sex scenes.
>>
If you don't mind horror movies there's always 5Girls.
>>
>>2235921
Pretty sure both movies having male directors has something to do with it
>>
>>2235988
Yeah, that bath tub scene was really hot.

I'm binge watching LGBT films and I just watched Saving Face and I recommend it. It's up there with Carol in my Top 5. It really made me happy.
>>
>>2235921
Blue is the Warmest Color is not a realist film. Didn't you notice how practically every shot has something blue in it, communicating how important Adèle is to Emma. The sporty sex scenes have more or less the same purpose, showing how being with Adèle is completely different from everything Emma ever knew.
>>
>>2236007
More like both movies get overblown by the children that post here, especially BitWC
>>
>>>/tv/
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>2236079
I don't see how this isn't /u/-related, we've had live action threads before.
>>
>>2236092
It's just shitposting you should ignore.
>>
>>2235877
Well the handmaiden is more eye candy and has little bits of humour that make the story less dark so it's more enjoyable to watch.

But if you liked the plot twists watch fingersmith because the handmaiden actually ends at like the half of the overall story with an ending written specially for it. The original story has even more plot twists in your plot twists yo dawg
>>
>>2236110
I've read the novel Fingersmith. It's actually quite good. Although the language can be somewhat cumbersome at times with Victorian London slang and turns of phrase, following along isn't terribly difficult. The author, Sarah Waters' latest book is called "The Paying Guests" and I've just started it.
>>
>>2236066
...I'm taking about how more realistic the plot and characters are compared to the handmaiden.
>>
>>2236429
I loved The Paying Guests. My 2nd favorite of hers, with Affinity being 1st.
I wish Affinity would get a good adaptation. Gods the ending is amazing.
>>
>>2236007
Good thing I know French, so I can read the comic "Le bleu est une couleure chaude" written by a woman, which the movie is based on.
>>
>>2236908
It's been translated to English, and has just about the tritest possible ending. The film is much better.
>>
I added Bromance to my Netflix list recently, hoping for some accidental lesbian moments even though I know it'll probably just focus on the straight romance that one side doesn't know is straight.

Anyone see it yet to know just how disappointed I'm going to be, and if I should even bother?
>>
>>2236917
>straight romance
What gave you the impression that you should bother in the first place? It looks obvious to me after reading the synopsis that the accidental lesbian will lose to her brother. Taiwan is more progressive than other eastern regions but I still wouldn't expect the show would be brave enough to eschew the male superiority complex while also making the lead female character gay. I'd like to be wrong though.
>>
I don't know if it's been talked about yet, but the web series Carmilla is absolutely saturated with /u/ content. Although be warned, the second and third seasons are slightly... tumblr-ish. I still adore it though.
>>
>>2236956
the first season is already tumblr-ish, also this has ben talked about and the quality of this show is highly questionable. But if starved for content will suffice
>>
>>2236956
It's been talked about enough and plenty of times in the previous threads.
>>
>>2236956
Only the first season is worth anything. Everything after it is unrepentant tumblr pandering, complete with the unforgivable crime of turning a lesbian because of hetshippers.
>>
>>2236980
Ugh, did that actually happen? I stopped watching at the end of season two and was really grossed out by the "moment" between Danny and that bro dude...
>>
>>2236987
Man, that's gross. Danny has potential of being a softhearted onee-chan and yet hetshit happens.
>>
>>2236987
>ugh
Please go back to the site you hate
>>
>>2227602
Jessica Jones
>>
>>2237195
No.
>>
>>2237197
why?
>>
>>2237201
Side couple and a mediocre one at that. The comic thread would be able to explain why more succinctly
>>
>>2237207
honestly I didin't really care about the side couple, I was thinking in all the subtext between Jessica and Trish dat ending. but now that I think more carefully, it's not a show that I'd recommend to someone who's only looking for a dosis of /u/. it's a great show, personally I enjoyed it a lot even though it has quite a lot of het sex, but then again, I didn't watch it for its /u/ potential, I watched it because I love watching girls kicking asses, so the subtext between the main women was more like the cherry on the cake.
>>
>>2237220
Exactly why it shouldn't be recommended here on the basis this board uses.
>>
File: She's the Man.jpg (61KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
She's the Man.jpg
61KB, 400x600px
>>2236936
Because I really love the idea of reverse traps, and tend to want to watch anything with a plot centered around a woman in disguise just for the hope that it even teases at accidental lesbian plots. I patiently sat through all of this with fingers metaphorically crossed.
>>
You guys think new tv show Emerald City will have some lesbian/bi Dorothy?
>>
>>2237800
I'd say no, did you see how hot the Scarecrow is?
>>
If there was Ozma then maybe it could have something going but without her there's no chance.

You can say this if anything it will be the straight adaptation.
>>
>>2225182
Wait, what /u/ relationships are there in supergirl? I watched the first episode but it seems like they immediately set Kara up in a love triangle with two men and there aren't really any other significant female characters.
>>
>>2237859
Look up Sanvers. Alex Danvers x Maggie Sawyer. Started in this season.
>>
>>2237861
Is it worth watching several seasons of a DC superhero show of questionable quality that's full of het for this?
>>
>>2237873
Is it ever worth it? Just wait for the gifs.
>>
>>2237873
I'd say skip season 1 (unless you set your goggles to maximum incest) and start with S2. Het dials down a bit there, and that's also when the lesbian couple appears.
It's still pretty mediocre as a TV-show, though.
>>
>>2237873
Nope not particularly especially since nothing happens with Kara and her boss.
>>
>>2237804
We already see the so called Dorothy and the Lucas/Scarecrow guy kissing in the preview, so Dorothy as lesbian/bi route in this adaptation was never an option.
Even Ozma instead of being paired with Dorothy her age like implied in books, got a boy, not a pumpkin construct, named Jack her age to be interested in after being changed from Tip curse.
Looks like they did everything and changed characters so much just to have completely heteronormative adaptation of the books.
>>
>>2238050
>do an edgy and modern Wizard of Oz show
>add heterosexuality
Sasuga Amerika.
>>
>>2238050
>Even Ozma instead of being paired with Dorothy her age like implied in books, got a boy, not a pumpkin construct, named Jack her age to be interested in after being changed from Tip curse.
I'm not even going to bother then.
Its hilarious how they always fumble the fuck out of this series of books...i guess Once Upon A Time is literally the only lesbian Dorothy adaptation ever, too bad that was just one fucking ep.
>>
So if anyone cares about non-cape/non-fantasy stuff, Kekflix just dropped the new season of nuDegrassi, now Zoe is pretty much totally out and got a gf.
And a new reboot of an old show 'One Day At A Time', i think the daughter is a lesbian, haven't watched it yet, but i might considering its been ages since i watched a sitcom.
>>
>>2237873
If you have a sister or want one, watch it from the start. If you don't care about sisterly bonding, skip to season 2 to witness Sanvers and Supercorp (Lena Luthor x Kara). S2 is much better than s1 but it does have some gems, such as "Falling" ep 16.
>>
File: superbitch.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
superbitch.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
Season 1 of Supergirl is really meh, so skip it if you like, but you might miss god tier moments like webm related.
>>
>>2238050
>heteronormative

Please stop using this word if you want to be taken seriously. There's nothing even remotely /u/ about the Oz books so I don't know why you would have expected anything different from a television adaptation.
>>
>>2238136
Yeah, nothing gay about two girls living together, having no interest in boyfriends and constantly talking about how much they love each other.
>>
>>2238137
What are you even talking about? Wicked? You realize that is itself an adaptation of the L. Frank Baum Oz books, right?
>>
>>2238145
The later Oz books, in which all of that happens between Dorothy and Ozma.
>>
>>2238136
>>nothing even remotely /u/
>>nothing even
>>nothing

Poor bait if your argument is just nothing
>>
>>2238149
You're completely hopeless if you think any of that was /u/-related. It's like you can't even imagine girls being friends in a children's book. I guess you can fantasize about whatever you want but throwing a tantrum about it and characterizing the producers of a TV adaptation as "heteronormative" oppressors is totally unreasonable.
>>
>>2238156
>It's like you can't even imagine girls being friends in a children's book
Gal pals*
>>
>>2238156
You said there's nothing even remotely /u/ there. I showed you were wrong and probably unfamiliar with the books you pretend to be an authority on. Of course Baum didn't intend to write them as lesbians, but it would have been a much more reasonable direction to take for the adaptation than boyfriends for everyone.

Also, try not to get triggered by words so much.
>>
Is anyone else watching Night Light (k-drama)? It's a cold-hearted, ambitious woman who is trying to gain power through whatever dirty means necessary (extortion, slander etc., not what you think.) One of the other main characters is a woman who she mentors/befriends, and you don't need goggles to see something going on between them.

(The third main character is a guy who was once in love with the first woman, but the flashbacks are inoffensive, and he's basically irrelevant later).
>>
>>2238162
>You said there's nothing even remotely /u/ there.

Because there isn't. Dorothy is 11 years old most of the time, for Christ's sake.

>I showed you were wrong and probably unfamiliar with the books you pretend to be an authority on.

Pretend to be an authority on? Where did I do this? I read them as a kid like everyone else, that's it.

>Of course Baum didn't intend to write them as lesbians, but it would have been a much more reasonable direction to take for the adaptation than boyfriends for everyone.

It would have been reasonable to make the characters into something the author didn't intend? Are you listening to yourself?

>Also, try not to get triggered by words so much.

Cute. This is getting off-topic though, so just try to contain your autism about personal head-canons, OK?
>>
>>2238170
Do you really think the author intended to have his character made into the GoT wannabe shit that is this new show?

Like, think about what you are arguing about, where you are arguing about and why.
>>
>>2238167
I'm intrigued but this is Korea we are talking about. How far in is it?
>>
>>2238363
Episode 14 out of 20, though only 12 are subbed. There's nothing explicitly gay, but the first female main only shows affection towards the other two main characters, and the male character only in flashback. In the present she doesn't care about the male main at all, and backstabs him repeatedly (he's one candidate for a chairman, and she supports the other candidate) without any emotion.

The second female main shows a lot of affection towards the first female main after the first few episodes.

I'd watch the show even if it weren't so gay (How gay? In episode 13, the second female lead tends to the first's finger injury, there's a heartfelt talk while romantic bgm plays, then there's a lingering shot on the finger.) It's so rare to have a powerful, intelligent, ambitious for the sake of being ambitious woman just defeating old businessmen/politicians at mind games.
>>
>>2238376
Normally, I would prefer to start watching when it's finish airing but I have been meaning to get into k-drama. Guess I might as well start now.

Any recommendation while we are on the topic? Will get back to you after I watch a couple of eps.
>>
>>2238156
So judging just by the books a proper edgy adaptation would be if used adult Dorothy by making her become besties with Princess Ozma her age or make out with her, but the people behind adaptation decided to make Dorothy adult to end with a guy who should be a pile of straw, but no they made him handsome husk so Dorothy would be all over him, also if they decided to use Ozma she too didn't have any interest in guys in the books, but again changing a pumpkin she created into living boy in adaptation just so she would properly end with him cause he is her age reasons, is really bad way to go for it.

So in your mind changing characters into heteronormative roles is ok and good with the books content but making them gay if used as adults wouldn't?

It's like some studio bought rights to Noir anime adaptation and made it revolving around male CIA agent who every female wants to fuck and make Kirika older to have sex with random guys...

USA and their adaptations.
>>
>>2238170
>Dorothy is 11 years old most of the time, for Christ's sake
>implying
>>
>>2238050
wait wait back the fuck up. Where you got that Ozma info, because that would be the weirdest shit because didnt Jack the Pumpkinhead see her as a mother?
>>
>>2238170
>changing a romantic friendship into a romantic relationship would be an awful violation of the source material, but giving the girls boyfriends out of nowhere is awesome
No wonder the dreaded word heteronormativity scares you.
>>
>>2238582
In original books she created him, in this adaptation Jack seems to be a teenage boy her age than a construct, who was a buddy to Tip, so add 1 plus 1 and they will do the same to her what they did to Dorothy but on more innocent level.
>>
>>2238443
>It's like some studio bought rights to Noir anime adaptation and made it revolving around male CIA agent who every female wants to fuck and make Kirika older to have sex with random guys...
Well that actually happened, i mean it didn't but that was the idea.
Thou, the ones that had tha idea were the faggots that made the original Xena show...Tapert and Raimi were pretty much trapped in the 90s at that time.
>>2238582
>>2238592
Thats such fucking bullshit...
>>
>>2238391
How was the show?
>>
File: 1472678283423.webm (3MB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
1472678283423.webm
3MB, 1920x802px
real smooth /u/
>>
File: 1426821999829.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1426821999829.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
File: 1476997432501.webm (2MB, 624x336px) Image search: [Google]
1476997432501.webm
2MB, 624x336px
I thought I had more webms.
>>
File: thelibrarians.S03E08.jpg (122KB, 848x482px) Image search: [Google]
thelibrarians.S03E08.jpg
122KB, 848x482px
Finally.
Cassandra with some vampire.
>>
>>2238443
>It's like some studio bought rights to Noir anime adaptation
Character_description.pdf, retrieved from http://www.showfax.com/free_download_grabfile.cfm?fileid=778787, offers some insights into the changes proposed adaptation was going to make. Which are:
- Show takes place in 60s instead of 90s.
- Mirelle is now 28 and her past is basically that of Altena (wartime abuse during WW2, etc).
- Altena no longer exists
- Kirika is 20 now, her amnesia a result of fight with Mirelle
- SOLDATS are "ancient society of assassins", modelled after Hashishins.
- Somebody named Lance was Kirika's handler from Soldats
- Kirika gets thrown into "Paris night life" full of stuff writers think 60s Paris had - drugs, disco, and het sex.
- That Legion painter guy becomes Kirika's lover. She later kills him when he cheats on her.
- Chloe no longer exists
- Mirelle is in a relationship with american ex-officer man, almost ready to marry. He doesn't know she's an assassin.
- Another man, CIA\KGB double agent, is a second LI for Mirelle.
>>
Does anyone know where I can watch first girl I loved??
>>
>>2239579
She always seemed to be on the verge of being revealed as gay...but i remember that at least in the second season the show hinted at her having a romance with the art guy...then i completely forgot the show existed.
>>
>>2239579
This was kinda missleading...

On another topic, the new trailer for The Good Wife's Spin-Off just dropped:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv7BEXo0YjI
Rose Leslie plays a lesbian lawyer, so if any of you enjoys lawyer drama this seems pretty solid.

This is the second time, third if you count the Carmilla audiodrama she did, Rose played gay, she had an expecting wife in the last season of Luther.
>>
>>2239519
I only watched one ep so far. (Yay real life shenanigans). There are definitely some yuri undertones between two women. "I never forget what I like." Really???

Still nervous of a het ending. Don't see how this can end happy with the boss being a bitch to her. Especially with how the series started in the rain.
>>
Anyone on here watching Humans? Saw a gif of the show, turns out there's a lesbian relationship in s2, does anyone know if it's worth watching?
>>
>>2240493
It is, but the relationship has really little time.
Thou its pretty qt seeing Niska actually not being a bitch around someone.
Its a pretty good show overall.
>>
>>2240493
>people are asking how Humans (USA) is.
>still bitter about the original Humans's cancellation.
>>
>>2240517
Sorry brah, but the original didn't had lesbots...
>>
>>2239593
So, shit. Wow, amazing. To fuck up that easy an interesting premise for characters....Jesus fucking Christ, that is infuriating.
>>
File: realhumans.jpg (38KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
realhumans.jpg
38KB, 650x366px
>>2240532
At least they were hot. And evil.
>>
>>2240517
It's actually Humans (UK), not USA.
>>
What does /u/ think of Bound?
>>
>>2242498
The best work the Wachowskis ever did.
>>
File: 1466551534886.jpg (369KB, 1200x888px) Image search: [Google]
1466551534886.jpg
369KB, 1200x888px
How is Person of Interest? I'm looking for a show to soak up my time with.
>>
>>2244157
Great show, shit end for the lesbians. I'm likely not getting the 5th season on DVD. But I thoroughly enjoyed the other 4.
>>
>>2244162
Oh and it had a few "for fuck's sake" cliche and predictable shit that annoyed the hell out of me. But oh well.
>>
>>2244157
Funnest Psychopath/Sociopath couple.
>>
>>2244157
The whole "case of the week" thing here is pretty meh. Basically, any episode with random plot is going to consist of shot kneecaps and the MC taking out dozens of goons alone. It's not like you can safely skip them, either, because they have bits of plot in them.
What carries the show are the characters, in my opinion. Nobody from the main cast is really unlikeable, except for maybe Reese because holy fuck that monotone.

And as >>2244162 said, the lesbians don't survive for long.
>>
>>2244170
Reese seems to be deliberately stereotype, though. Sometimes to a fun degree, which helps a lot.
>>
>>2244173
I just generally disliked his attempts at taking the moral high ground and his actor's delivery. Seriously, he whispers 70% of his lines.
>>
>>2244174
>Seriously, he whispers 70% of his lines.

That's the reason I think it's wink wink deliberate.
>>
>>2244170
They survive for most of the show. Its just they have actual relationship build up that doesn't get realized til the end season and then bad end. Admittedly it sucks, but it worked with the tone of the show.
>>
>>2244170
>>2244162
Good show that worked well for the limits it constrained to by the network.

So, CBS is a piece of shit network that doesn't like any of their shows to have plot. They're procedural dramas to a T. Monster of the week shit, etc etc.

Person of Interest got their last season halved due to it having TOO MUCH PLOT. 22 episodes cut down to 13, and the shit part is that they forced them to add procedural episodes that didn't move the plot forward too, so it's really about 5 or 6 eps of pure plot that we got to chew on.

I feel like they did their best with what they had to work with even though they had to kill off Root. Her death would have probably been handled a lot cleaner if CBS weren't cunts but oh well

I liked Root/Shaw's relationship but with the line of work and the stakes increasing they weren't meant to survive.
>>
>>2244601
Well, I would agree, if it wasn't for the..producer? Writer? Interview(s). I don't remember exactly what they said, but they basically did the opposite of it in the end.

As is, saying the end fits is more a viewer's rationalization to not have wasted their time than it actually being fitting by good writing.
>>
>>2244620
That was more than likely CBS interference as well. It's hard to keep a show in it's original vision if a network like CBS has retarded requirements for it.

Season 5 wasn't as good as the others that's for certain but I can understand why and appreciate it for what they were able to do with it.
>>
>>2239550
What was this movie called again? I remember watching it online a couple years ago and enjoying it, but now I've completely forgotten it. I know that it's french.
>>
File: gay girl.webm (3MB, 1000x538px) Image search: [Google]
gay girl.webm
3MB, 1000x538px
>>
>>2245249
Source?
>>
>>2245270
I remember seeing this posted before. It is about a hetslut and isn't worth watching.
>>
>>2245274
What a shame. Thanks for answering though.
>>
>>2245270
see the metadata
>>
File: young and wild.webm (3MB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
young and wild.webm
3MB, 1280x688px
>>2245274
>hetslut
Bislut
>>
>>2245301
That only makes it worse.
>>
>>2238082
>Once Upon A Time is literally the only lesbian Dorothy adaptation ever
I hear she was gay in Supernatural too.
>>
>>2245944
Yeah, but Supernatural being even worse than OuaT, i blocked it...
>>
>>2245274
But where is it from?
>>
>>2245301
What's wrong with her chin?
>>
>>2246010
See >>2245301's filename
>>
File: 4chan.png (240KB, 503x503px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.png
240KB, 503x503px
the rich man's daughter
>>
lily fever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgT7UBXSh54
you won't regret
>>
>>2248417
Does it have a harlequin-esque tagline to fit the theme?
>>
Summer of Director Oh (2016)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dDkQJW5aRs
>>
https://lesbian-drama-movies.com/
>>
>>2248428
I guess you weren't here last year.
>>
>>2248417
Thanks a lot for this, I'm watching it now.
>>
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4pvcmt_yeu-love-vietnam-les-movie-eng-sub-part-1_fun
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS52a1MT73Y
>>
>>2248463
I'm interested in this Story of O.
>>
>>2244601
Root/Shaw had one of the greatest dynamics I've ever seen for TV lesbians.

... but root's death fucked me up for days
>>
>>2249746
im still fucked up
>>
>>2225086
>Handmaiden
Not a penis in site! (well weird sexual harassment groping of some dude junk) But fucking god was this movie GOLD. Please watch this /u/. I'm really trying to find good hard english subtitled version of this instead of webrips.
>>
>>2250409
I thought there was a rape scene?
>>
>>2250416
It's not really a rape scene and doesn't go that far.
>>
>>2249746

Root/Shaw was the only good thing about that show. The procedural was soooooo stupid.

Anyway, fanfiction makes me happy.
>>
>>2225993

It was supposed to be for teenagers to relate to at a time when there were like zero young-lgbt films around. Unfortunately it got fucked over for that goal when it got an NC17 rating for Natasha Lyonne's implicit masturbation (this hypocrisy was railed against in the film This Film Is Not Yet Rated).

I liked it a lot, personally.
>>
>>2228332

iirc POI had zero het sex scenes and only one het relationship that stopped (from death) as soon as it started. The only real romantic relationship in the show between main characters was Root/Shaw, and they had one sex scene even though it wasn't real and at least three blatant implied sex trysts ("CIA safehouse", "total decontamination", and "we both know ... against your will anyway") also confirmed by the writers to have started in late Season 3.
>>
>>2250409
It is a great movie not only for the /u/ yet some people here won't touch it because one version of the promotional poster has men on it.
I don't know about hardsubbed versions but check l33tx for a great BD rip that doesn't have subs but you can find them elsewhere or let me know and I'll upload the ones I have.
>>
>>2239545

She gets so /r9k/ in that, it's brilliant, and normally I'd say she's a (relatively) shitty actress.
>>
>>2225984
The humor and tone of that movie just isn't your thing, yes, it's cringey at times but it doesn't ruin the rest of it.
You can try the movie DEBS and see if it entertains you. If it doesn't your lesbian sense of humor is dead

>love interest was ugly
Clea Duvall grows on you over the years.

Melanie Lynskey a best.
>>
>>2244157

Just google a POI episode guide for Shoot. There's two good ones on tumblr that I used. That will help you cut through all crappy the BS episodes in the first 2 seasons.
>>
The new Vin Diesel movie had a lesbian main character.
>>
>>2250482
Which one 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' or 'The Fate of the Furious'?
>>
>>2250482
eeeeh...she didn't get to sleep with Nina Dobrev so...meh.
>>
>>2250482
I'm looking at the casting list right now and let me take a wild guess. Is it Ruby Rose?
>>
>>2250482
I remember noticing that in a trailer but wrote it off because of its target demographic. Does it do more than have a one-off scene establishing her lesbian credentials?
>>
>>2250459
it hurts
>>
>>2250499
Yea how do you know?

>>2250501
Yes and she will have her own spin-off.
>>
>>2250512
>Yea how do you know?
She's always the lesbian.
>>
>>2250515
Oh well that sucks, straight girl type cast into a lesbian role lol.
>>
>>2250505

She faked her death so that she would no longer be the weak link that Samaritan could target for the group, and in doing so she could also infiltrate further government programs. The full extent of the operation would have been revealed in S6, as well as her "return" to Shaw and the inevitable argument about emotional struggle, "well at least you know you have emotions now", etc.. At least that's what makes good headcanon, and the writers didn't commit to anything.
>>
>>2250523

Ruby Rose is 100% lez and also identifies as genderfluid (and she explains what this means quite well).
>>
>>2250512
>Yes and she will have her own spin-off.
Really? Wow
>>
>>2248463
Subs where?
>>
>>2250605
Nowhere I could find, I ended up watching without subs like a fucking idiot.
It's easy to get a grasp of what is going and what the characters feel but of course I have no idea why the director and the actress cried when they had sex.
>>
>>2250526
>genderfluid
Not sure how you can identify as something that doesn't exist.
>>
File: 1395219918016.jpg (18KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
1395219918016.jpg
18KB, 410x410px
>>2250760
>>
>>2250512
>>2250523
>Yea how do you know?
>Oh well that sucks, straight girl type cast into a lesbian role lol.

Do you live under a rock?
>>
>>2250525
i accept this.
>>
File: tumblr_nmv8q0W91Y1qkt2rqo1_1280.jpg (39KB, 898x566px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmv8q0W91Y1qkt2rqo1_1280.jpg
39KB, 898x566px
>>2250525
>>2250823

Their makeup sex is mindblowing iydk.
>>
>>2250856
judging by their first filmed sex scene... fucking yes.
>>
>>2250802
I kinda thought it was a meme at first that started from her appearance in OitNB, but then i remember reading several comments in some videos about her and how it was "such a shame" that a pretty girl like her was a lesbian, hetfags salt made me realize it wasn't just a meme.
>>
>>2250526
>identifies as genderfluid (and she explains what this means quite well)

>i don't want to be a girl but im a lesbian

lord i wish i hadn't read that. i have yet to see a genderfluid explanation that wasn't special snowflake nonsense.

i'll still watch it tho because i'm going to ignore that nonsense and also cause donnie yen and tony jaa are in it too.

>>2250482
thanks for the heads up

she's in the new john wick too as an antagonist.
>>
>>2225186
I think it helps set the tone given how the men are grabbing them but clearly neither girls want it. Unless all you're looking for is lesbian porn and the sight of any other male is too threatening/makes your dick limp
>>
>>2250625
>spoiler
HHHNNNNGGG
>>
>>2250976
Pictures with men in them are against the rules. It's a poor choice for OP, especially when something like this was available.
>>
File: supergirl.209.snapshot.jpg (124KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
supergirl.209.snapshot.jpg
124KB, 720x404px
So these two getting happy couple time pretty much means Supergirl x Lena won't happen seeing how big focus is put on Mon-el recently plotwise?
>>
>>2251187
>Supergirl x Lena
This ship never stood a chance simply because the showrunners don't have the guts (even if they did, I doubt DC would allow them) to make Supergirl anything other than straight. Besides yeah, they already established Alex as the token lesbian so her relationship with Maggie is as far as they'll go for canon gayness.
>>
>>2251194
>we'll never have a powergirl show with Atlee for lesbian supergirl
It hurts
>>
>>2251187
>So these two getting happy couple time pretty much means Supergirl x Lena won't happen seeing how big focus is put on Mon-el recently plotwise?
The junk Jimmy thing didn't last long, and the Mon-el may not either. They both may be stepping stones to other pairings.
>>2251194
>I doubt DC would allow them) to make Supergirl anything other than straight.
There have been a couple of non-straight Supergirl versions over time, and that presidence lays ground work for it to still be a possibility.
>>2251208
>>we'll never have a powergirl show with Atlee for lesbian supergirl
We have the multiverse established and connected thanks to the flash world, so there is still possibilities for many things...
>>
>>2251251
>There have been a couple of non-straight Supergirl versions over time
Such as?
>>
File: nzkwbhb.jpg (809KB, 1200x1699px) Image search: [Google]
nzkwbhb.jpg
809KB, 1200x1699px
How come I never heard about this?
>>
File: girls-blood-aka-x-pinku.28801.jpg (425KB, 1202x1700px) Image search: [Google]
girls-blood-aka-x-pinku.28801.jpg
425KB, 1202x1700px
>>2252924
Is this like Aka x Pinku but without the offscreen het rape
>>
>>2252924
Because it looks like a Jav tv show.
>>
Veronica and Betty were kissing in the first episode of Riverdale. Sadly I don't see the lesbianism relationship continuing in future episodes (even though neither was in a relationship with anyone else at the end of episode 1). Who knows though... I've heard that writers of some shows on that network are likely to adapt their shows to fan reactions... If enough people say they want to see more Verionica+Betty...
>>
>>2253080
I might be imagining this but didn't we already know this from the trailer? I remember not seeing any potential from this after reading comments here besides the fact it is CW .
>>
>>2252924
>>2252950

What are these? JAVs?
>>
>>2253080
The Betty actress already shut the ff down. Saying their show is "not meant to be fanfiction" and that there are people who really want to see V/B together but "that was just not our show."
>>
>>2253142
You know, I respect that.
As hot as they'd be together it'd also be a pretty big departure from decades of Archie comics canon, where they've always been rivals in their love for him.
>>
>>2252924
There was some discussion of it when the translated chapters were coming out. I know I downloaded it some time last year, but have yet to watch it.

>>2253150
I'd respect it more if they hadn't thrown in a sweeps kiss anyway.
>>
File: 411164640949743637_zfXieDVY_c.jpg (186KB, 554x824px) Image search: [Google]
411164640949743637_zfXieDVY_c.jpg
186KB, 554x824px
>>2253156
This. Still, it's nice that the actress made sure no one was getting any false hope.

We'll always have this, anyway.
>>
>>2253196
And that one spin off/oneshot comic where they got married.
>>
File: below_her_mouth_-_h_2015.jpg (88KB, 928x523px) Image search: [Google]
below_her_mouth_-_h_2015.jpg
88KB, 928x523px
Has anybody seen Below Her Mouth? Thoughts? And it doesn't seem to be anywhere on the internet, where can I watch it?
>>
>>2253087
>>2253142
>>2253150
Thanks for the info. Guess there is no reason to watch any future episodes of the show now.
>>
>>2253288
Rest assured the show will probably get cancelled after the first season anyway
>>
You guys think Riverdale will have any lesbians in it or it will just stay male gay friendly?
>>
>>2253367

>>2253142
>>
>>2253090
No, they're softcore. There's nudity but no genitals are shown.
Aka x Pinku has masturbation and a sex scene with the girl with the cheongsam and the one on white delincuent clothes >>2252950
>>
>>2253281
As far as I know it will be on US cinemas on mid February.
Unless it gets digital distribution too you'll just have to wait for the BD to be released.
>>
>>2253367
It probably would have Ginger Lopez, i think she was casted early, being a gay later on mostly because the lead writer is the same of Afterlife with Archie.
But i'm not really going to stay watching long enough for that.
>>
>>2253401
Thank you, bless you
>>
File: Mary.Kills.People.S01E01.HDTV.jpg (82KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Mary.Kills.People.S01E01.HDTV.jpg
82KB, 720x404px
"Mary kills people" new tv show has a lesbian/bi daughter of main female MC who is into her non-biological step-sister.
>>
>>2253631
>non-biological step-sister.
You could say step-sister.
>>
>>2253631
I am confused. does this still count as incest if they are not blood related?
>>
>>2253776
If you wanna get into the legality, it depends on how they were raised. If they were both teens when their parents got married there isn't really any problem. It'd look slightly odd but the no blood relation keeps it fine.
>>
>>2225346
>Black Mirror's "San Junipero" episode was good too.
Decided to try this and it didn't live up to expectations. It wasn't a bad end but it wasn't really a good end either. Possibly the least romantic romance and the least gay lesbian wedding I ever saw too. Somehow their gay romantic development focused on het every time and then they basically only got together because why not, we're both dying alone. Didn't feel any love in it at all. The awkward girl angst was cute but it was wasted on a lack of romance.
>>
>>2225346
>muh husband
>muh daughter
>>
>>2253631
>Joel, a terminal ill patient Mary develops feelings for

Eeeh....If it means wading through that, it kinda puts me off this one. Fuck.
>>
File: 1485606506856.webm (3MB, 1000x564px) Image search: [Google]
1485606506856.webm
3MB, 1000x564px
>>
>>2254151
So what show is that?
>>
>>2254153
Never mind, it's shit. The blonde (left) lusts after cock soon.
>>
>>2254153
Legend of the Seeker. I actually quite enjoyed it though it was rather cheesy at times. The girls in the webm only show up in S2 though.

>>2254155
I thought Cara and Kahlan had great chemistry and some delicious subtext to go with it. Definitely made the watch worth it for me.
>>
>>2254153
Legend of the Seeker. Not a great show, but Cara and Kahlan are fucking gorgeous and it has a lot of fic.

>>2254155
Cara is just indiscriminately lustful.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cqFJlOb2zw
This is gay. Not sure about the movie itself tho.
Might be entertaining but looks like it has a higher chance of being terrible.
>>
>>2254437
looks worth a watch at least. interesting to see Anne Heche playing a lesbian.
>>
>>2254442
>Anne Heche playing a lesbian.
Oh boy.
>>
>>2254437
Feels like I just watched the whole movie. The lesbian plotline was spoiled by the trailer. They have a bad end via cheating
>>
File: Literal Bait.webm (2MB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
Literal Bait.webm
2MB, 1280x718px
Don't you just love bait? It's the best.
And it's funny how the two characters with the most chemistry are "just friends".
>>
>>2255798
As a vast number of tv/movie romance proves, chemistry means jack shit.
>>
>>2255798
I love how the 'message' of that scene completely gets self-btfo by how the show was sold...then again, this pilot was a mess all around.
>>
What's the most realistic lesbian sex scene you've seen in a film?
>>
>>2255894
What is your definition of the most realistic lesbian sex scene?
>>
>>2255894
Does porn count?
>>
>>2255899
What's you felt best represents how irl lesbians have sex.
>>2255900
Yes.
>>
>>2255913
Amateur porn.
>>
>>2255913
Abby Winters or however it's spelled specialized in filming fairly authentic sex. No makeup, breakouts and plenty of pubes so your mileage may vary, but for someone who wants to be reminded what sex is actually like it's good.
>>
File: the_rich_mans_daughter_fans_map.jpg (149KB, 1024x466px) Image search: [Google]
the_rich_mans_daughter_fans_map.jpg
149KB, 1024x466px
>>2248417
I have just started watching this series, and I have to say that, so far, it has been good. Finally a show that does not put gay characters on the sidelines; in fact, they are the protagonists (and they are not just bait either---they actually end up together).

Highly recommended (or at least watch the whole thing, then form your opinion): http://www.dailymotion.com/playlists/user/TRMDvideos/1

The Rich Man's Daughter seems to have an international following too. Knowing Japan, I am somewhat surprised that it is not known there. Let us spread the word to the Japanese, /u/! I need my Jathea (JadexAlthea) doujin.
>>
>>2255983
I used to like AW many years ago but I feel it has become progressively less and less "amateur".
Now I like Ifeelmyself (though the lesbian content is the minority since the focus of the site is masturbation).
>>
>>2255798
I don't get it. What was the point of this scene?
>>
>>2256326
Getting viewers.
>>
>>2256326
>literal bait
>>
>>2256161
I started watching it too but it got way too telenovela for my taste, from around episode 25 I started watching a little of each episode until the final one. I get that it is a Phillipino thing to not show gay kisses but the blue balling on this series is top tier level.
The mother switching sides to protect Jade every two episodes and then treating her like crap was stupid and the boyfriend being a nice understanding guy and then a total homophobe was crap. I can understand the weight of the father figure and his actions, even if they were too violent.

I'm surpised to see Brazil and Argentina on that map, I didn't know they got Phillipino TV shows, not even through cable TV.
>>
File: fullsizephoto776405.jpg (221KB, 1998x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fullsizephoto776405.jpg
221KB, 1998x1080px
A Korean Movie called "Our Love Story"... I haven't seen it yet, but the trailer looks cute. It was released in May in Korea, but I think it's still making it's way around film festivals...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3amQE0MpIx0
>>
>>2256226
You're not wrong but the old stuff didn't disappear. I can't remember the specifics but I recall that studio was specifically wounded by piracy.
>>
>>2256407

>I'm surpised to see Brazil and Argentina on that map, I didn't know they got Phillipino TV shows, not even through cable TV.

Dear anon, as long as you have Internet you can watch it, it's dailymotion
>>
>>2256528
I assumed that the statistics were based on TV audience, not the Internet.
I actually watched it on Dailymotion.
>>
>>2256407
>not showing gay kisses
Everyone involved in the show were all for having same-sex physical affection, evidently. But the advisory board (MTRCB) wouldn't let them, which is very hypocritical, if you ask me...:

Assault? That's fine!
Adultery? Let that in!
Quick peck on the lips between two girls? ... Your soul will burn in hell.

http://trmdfangirl.tumblr.com/post/124753868981/trans-rhian-ramos-admits-they-hold-back-on-sweet

(I wish they sourced the original article, so I can read and confirm it for myself. Ah, well...)
>>
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38801228

Just saw this. I don't want to get ahead of myself or anything but I think it's pretty much inevitable that media leftists are going to make the next Doctor female, in which case Doctor Who will become a canon main-character /u/ show. If we are lucky they will even make a big deal out of it for progressive brownie points. /u/ fanfic will probably explode too.
>>
>>2256561
>don't want to get ahead of myself
>Doctor Who will become a canon main-character /u/ show

Uh-huh. I doubt it.
>>
>>2256548
Thanks for sharing this.

>the scene intensifies and then it’ll be like , “Oh wait! That’s forbidden!”
I kek'd.
>>
>>2256407
>mother and ex-boyfriend
I would chalk it to general ignorance on sexuality, and conservative Filipino-Chinese values.

For the mother specifically, it would be the reluctance of seeing her child hurt and family broken, but at the same time forced to defer to the husband (-> Chinese trad.).
The ex-boyfriend found it as a stab to his ego, especially the thought of him being replaced by a /woman/, who are raised to give up everything and wait on the man (-> also Chinese trad.). (See the eldest sibling's wife.)

But this is only my take as someone descended from a similar background (we only follow a few customs now, e.g., wearing red for good luck and fortune, feng shui, lots of Buddha statues around the house...).
>>
>>2256561
>Doctor Who will become a canon main-character /u/ show
How so?
>>
>>2256569
Because of the whole River Song thing? River Song is still a part of the show, right? Admittedly I haven't watched the new series in a long time.
>>
>>2256568
It is always fascinating to see how much gets lost on---and seem irrational to---an international audience, because of the lack of cultural context. Imagine viewers wondering why the family often wear red...
>>
Does anyone know how Night Light ended? Good end or bad end?
>>
>>2256585
Is this /u/?
>>
>>2256585
I watched the last ep without subs as soon as it was out and they only shook hands even though they had hugged in the past, just don't go expecting something too /u/. They got a good end anyways and the series was worth the watch.

You can watch it here: http://kissasian.com/Drama/Night-Light
Expect the last ep to be subbed in the next few days.
>>
>>2256407
>Episode 25
Reached this part, and yeah... the new subplot (and villain) is too soapy for my taste. I need a rinse. WIll power through, regardless.
>>
>Brides to Be
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz5NWxiM1P0

Trailer makes it out to be a surreal drama/horror lesbian wedding. Looks like a trainwreck but I figure some of /u/ will want to watch it.
>>
The 100 season 4 started...
I wonder if they will give Clarke again a new female love interest or by the law of bisexuality now she will get a male one.
>>
>>2257571
Clarke dies in the finale according to the leaked script
>>
>>2257574
Fitting.
>>
>>2257571
Heard a rumor that she'll hook up again with the grounder girl she had the one-night stand with.
>>
>>2256326
As others say, getting viewers.

But the scene after, and other scenes in the second episode, means it's easy to see Veronica as at least bi for Betty.There's a reason that there's so much Betty/Veronica fic on Archiveofourown for this show.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4kpVO56OBU

totinos are now gay
>>
>>2259897
That was hilariously gay.
>>
Does anyone know of any japanese drama that has subtext or more? I'm hungry for it.

I know of Transit Girls, Last Friends, Mendol, Mousou Deka! and Cutey Honey The Live.
>>
>Vita & Virginia
>Virginia Woolf (Eva Green) and Vita Sackville-West (Gemma Arterton)

Too bad period pieces about real life lesbians usually end poorly.

Chanya Button is the director and she also did Burn Burn Burn which apparently had a lesbian character. Reading spoilers about it though and it sounds like that character doesn't do more than talk about it while the movie has more side het.

>Cracks
>Eva Green as an instructor in an all-girls boarding school
>She falls for the hot new exchange student
>All female cast
Why hasn't anyone ever mentioned this?
>>
>>2264175

>>2239545
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.