[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 400
Thread images: 63

File: hahaha.jpg (46KB, 300x374px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.jpg
46KB, 300x374px
Trapped in Hillary's Timeline Edition https://pastebin.com/mcKYsFib
Meanwhile:>>87343772
>>
File: 1504592009895.jpg (239KB, 730x726px) Image search: [Google]
1504592009895.jpg
239KB, 730x726px
>>87346256
>Jew Dei

>Abrahamic God

Lynch masterfully hiding his power level. Say it with an Asian accent, it gets 'em every time.
>>
File: 1504135786873.jpg (217KB, 524x768px) Image search: [Google]
1504135786873.jpg
217KB, 524x768px
>>87346256
Guys, I've been LYNCHED on a cosmic level.

The "globalist conspiracy" is the Black Lodge doppelganger of the ideal of Communism. It looks like happy be-nice-and-share-for-the-children Communism on the outside, but that's an illusion hiding evil autocratic Soros-brand tyrrany. Lynch's support of Bernie is all part of his art.

Anime is pro-individualism, pro-freedom, pro-capitalism and celebrates genuine femininty as well as merit in special individuals, and provides strong female icons that remain feminine despite their power or status. It's a mirror image-inversion of globalist propaganda. It's a good-natured "doppelganger of the doppelganger" to globalist communism. Anime and weeaboo fandom is like the Evolution of the Arm, to globalist communism's Man From Another Place.

"Judy", disgorging streams of mucousy globules containing round, egg-like blobs? Into "water"? Remind you of a certain female presidential candidate's speech?

LYNCH WARNED US ABOUT ALL OF THIS.
>>
>>87346413

Man we don't want your shovels
>>
What a fascinating case of mass self-delusion this has been. It's truly amazing and disgusting how heavily people are stroking themselves over their ability to force themselves to choke down something that is so very poorly executed just so they can reach that oh so "clever" hidden story within.

Look, I know that it must be very comforting to keep talking down to people about how they just don't get the weirdness and complexity of it all (because WOW, use of metaphor and non-linear storytelling in the video medium? UNHEARD OF!), but that's really not the problem here. It's the absolutely abysmal pacing and structure. Yes people, we get it. Lynch likes to pull the same old thing out of his bag of tricks that he always has, where he tries to artificially induce unease by drawing scenes out well past their welcome, except instead of the handful of times spread out across a 2-3 hour movie we are now treated to 45/60 minutes of this filler in each episode of an 18 hour saga, leaving very little room for any actual worthwhile content. You don't need to be a mathematician to see that the ratio between the two is incredibly uneven.

But OK, yippee hooray for ARTISTIC INTEGRITY! He has such complete free rein to spew out completely unfettered streams of consciousness that no one at all will dare to tell him that maybe things like having a confused old woman talking to the police about who has the keys to a door for 10 straight minutes is an absolute waste of film, and none of you will dare admit that this pile of slop is in dire need of editing because you're too busy preening about what an artistic genius Lynch is, and how open-minded and avant-garde you are by extension for being able to wrap your heads around a plot that's literally been done a hundred times before in superhero comic books.

A big slow clap for you all.
>>
>>87346448

tl;dr
>>
File: 1504600614304.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1504600614304.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>87346256
Friendly reminder that this is confirmed to be the true ending of the show. Everything after this was just a dream and it was Lynch's way of making fun of his fans who over analyse his work. This is the true ending to Twin Peaks.
>>
>>87346448
>your emotional reactions to this art are invalid
>let me tell you why..
>>
File: c-call for help.jpg (218KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
c-call for help.jpg
218KB, 1920x1080px
why does she do this?
>>
Is anyone else annoyed that Annie was blatantly ignored.
To add salt to the wound, we then got a forced and unbelieveable romance between Diane and Coop instead.
>>
Just watched the last episode. Correct me if Im wrong.
They've beaten the evil.
Cooper can even save Laura by sending her in an other reality where she's been given an other life.
Diane and Coop also cross to that other reality (for whatever reason).
Creepy sex.
Diane left a note with different names because they're also different people here.
Cooper goes find Laura Palmer, brings her to Twin Peaks and she screams in horror because by seeing her old house she remembers the nightmare she went through.
>>
>>87346514
she can't bear to look at him, you should be familiar with that reaction
>>
>>87346514
I do it all the time when I'm fucking when somebody I don't like and I'm thinking of someone else.
>>
>>87346448

L Y N C H E D

Y

N

C

H

E

D
>>
>hurr durr happiness is for plebs!
>>
>>87346529
Does she play with Coop's face because she's been trapped in the Mauve Zone only being able to feel, not see, or because she's afraid of Mr. C and the rape?
>>
My name...is DALE COOPER, FBI. I stay close to this vessel, Richard, for one purpose...to find JUDY, and stop her!
>>
>>87346514
because Kyle is creep is fuck
>>
>>87346449
but he didn't. people in that timeline kept on living and just saw Cooper disappear just as Jeffries or Briggs disappeared before. the only being in that timeline/reality who can react to what happened is Sarah/Judy, who is furious that Laura has been saved in some capacity.
>>
>coop realizes laura is the dreamer and that they're trapped in her dream because she died
>jeffries sends coop back in time to save laura so that she can wake up
>coop leads laura away from leo and jacques, thus saving her
>she disappears and cooper is sent to the lodge, since none of his time-traveling would've happened in the first place (see: back to the future)
>in the present day, cooper goes to look for laura with the 430 clue the giant gave him
>he's led to a teleportation zone, much like the one booper used, that will supposedly take him to judy
>he and diane are brought into judy's alternate reality, where he's richard, diane is linda, and laura is carrie
>coop reads the note from linda, sees judy's diner, and realizes he's inside of a dream
>coop takes laura/carrie to her house to see if she remembers that she's laura so she'll wake up
>coop is cucked by dream logic (laura, the dreamer (who has created judy so as to relinquish control), inserts "tremond" and "chalfont" to explain why she isn't laura)
>coop asks her what year it is so that she'll realize it's still 1989
>she screams upon realizing and wakes up
>>
JOWDAY
>>
Episode 1 and episode 18 where Laura screams and gets pulled away happen at same time.

Reminder that episode 18 Coop+Laura visit at Palmer house was one of the, if not the first, scene shot in the production.
>>
>>87346514
Linda couldn't stand to see Richard's face
>>
File: 1504487469712.png (324KB, 587x593px) Image search: [Google]
1504487469712.png
324KB, 587x593px
What did Lynch's son mean when he posted this?
>>
Sheryl Lee is so fucking good at screaming
>>
>>87346598
Jiaodei*
>>
OK, so. Laura's not coming back. 'The return', repetition, that's impossible. There's no time travel, Cooper didn't go back to the woods to grab her. She's dead. That was a dream, as his superimposed face on the sheriff's office scene was meant to indicate.

He wakes up in 2017 (the gas prices you guys) and, as Cooper would, follows the clues in his dream. Drives 430 miles to Odessa, rather arbitrarily follows a sign saying 'Judy's', winds up at Carrie Page, who looks a lot like Laura, but isn't her. (Hence why she's represented in the credits as 2 different people.) Go back to Twin Peaks, but Sarah Palmer hasn't lived in that house for a long, long time...

But that scream doesn't really fit...

And he has Bushnell's gun OH WAIT NEVERMIND
>>
its not about the bunny
>>
>>87346617
he's tired of getting lynched
>>
File: 1501103365943.jpg (89KB, 750x980px) Image search: [Google]
1501103365943.jpg
89KB, 750x980px
Reminder that Sheryl is CUTE and she will defeat evil with her CUTE powers
>>
>>87346533
>>87346541
>>87346589
>>87346609
But if it's about not looking at his face.. why does she keep feeling it? Why not just keep her hands still?

I'm telling you guys, it's about being trapped in the Mauve Zone only being able to feel!
>>
>>87346301
Saturn?
>>
>>87346617
Jewday
>>
This really was like the last two evangelion eps. Abrupt ending, no resolution to all side plots and "lore" (don't like that term) stuff.

Are we gonna see a End of twin peaks film?
>>
>>87346532
Almost

Cooper can time travel now so he goes back to save Laura. But then she gets taken by [something]

I feel like that other reality is black lodge related (thus seeing Diane's doppelgänger)

But yeah the ending is basically Not-Laura remembering who Laura is
>>
>>87346678
gotta wait about 50 years for it
>>
>>87346532
>They've beaten the evil.
they've beaten BOB. Judy is still at large.
>Cooper can even save Laura by sending her in an other reality where she's been given an other life.
Cooper tries to save her but she is snatched by Judy. Cooper travels to Odessa, which is Judy's evil pocket dimension/deep black lodge, where Laura's spirit is trapped. He needs to find Laura, as instructed by Leland, because she is integral to destroying Judy.
>Creepy sex.
this is to trigger the "awakening". before Cooper wakes up in another motel, we are watching Richard and Linda, not Cooper and Diane.
>Cooper goes find Laura Palmer, brings her to Twin Peaks and she screams in horror because by seeing her old house she remembers the nightmare she went through.
yes.
>>
>>87346646
>6
You have cause and effect mixed.
>>
What was up with that sex scene?
>>
File: 21-dale.w710.h473.png (160KB, 710x472px) Image search: [Google]
21-dale.w710.h473.png
160KB, 710x472px
>>87346514
I'm going with the reliving the rape theory to get into the black lodge. She's covering coop's face because she's trying to conjure up boop in her mind. Coop's acting all blank because he doesn't want to show that he's getting his rocks off to diane's rape scene, or he's just trying to channel boops demeanour.
>>
>>87346693
>this is to trigger the "awakening". before Cooper wakes up in another motel, we are watching Richard and Linda, not Cooper and Diane.
HOL' UP

Then why does he say "DIANE?" upon waking up?

Seems only Diane slipped into her Linad persona, but not Dale Cooper.
>>
>>87346702
Kyle just wanted to fuck Laura (and Lynch too)
>>
>>87346702
Lynch wanted to film it.

Half of these 18 hours have been Lynch wanted to film it. As someone said in Episode 8, he probably wanted to do a music video for Threnody for the victims of Hiroshima, and that's why we had 5 or 10 minutes of zooming in on the bomb with explosions and 2 seconds of seeing Judy and Bob.
>>
>>87346413
Really puts me to sleep.
>>
>>87346702
>The scittering sound happens when 80's Laura gets sucked away. We see that same sucking-away-and-screaming thing happen directly in the Lodge to separate Laura from Cooper. So where Judy is keeping Carrie is most likely an evil Lodge dimension.

>You enter the Black Lodge through fear and suffering. The pocket dimension created by Judy to cage golden-orb-Laura must be closed off to good spirits, so human Coop has to rescue Laura for the Giant. It's a dark place where he can't even speak.

>They cross the threshold at "430", but it isn't until waking from the sex scene does Coop's personality change and he actually arrives in the motel he leaves to find Carrie.

>So Diane's rape trauma leading to that sex being horrifying was actually integral.
>>
>>87346597
So if Laura is the dreamer when did her dream start? Before or after death?
>>
>>87346765
The Fireman is the dreamer
>>
>>87346732
Cooper is still himself, yes, the whole "Richard is bleeding" or "he is part booper" shit is retarded. He is being more serious and cold because he's on a job to save fucking reality from the devil, he can't be the upbeat coffee and pie man every single second of his existance
>>
>>87346448
You can feel the Lynch-hurt coming off this one.
>>
>>87346709
Ohhhh, that would explain why they even have sex.

After all, isn't sex somehting that seems to be required to summon MOMMY?

I thaught they were just getting into the DUtchman to go to the pocket dimension.

Maybe they actually had sex and maybe relived the rape (sex + torment) to summon MOMMY and her pocket dimension
>>
>>87346777
Who? Literally dont remember this fireman dude appearing
>>
>>87346617
I just went through his Twitter feed and his Vimeo stuff...

I wonder how Lynch feels knowing his youngest son is one of you fucks. A 4chan degenerate.
>>
>>87346818
For Season 3, The Giant has been renamed The Fireman.
>>
>>87346765
after
>>
>>87346823
I doubt he really cares about anyone.
>>
>>87346532
Note that I know jack shit as well, but here's what I think:
They didn't beat evil. Judy is the true evil, and that is what he's trying to defeat after he's finished up with evil Coop. He needs Laura for some reason to defeat her (defeating Judy while also saving Laura. Two birds in one stone?)

Coop fails at saving Laura. Cooper didn't send her to another dimension,she was taken away by what I think is Judy because of the sound that is made when it happens. Leland Palmer tells Cooper to find Laura, which what I guess he's trying to do when he enters the other world. That world is a bit 'off', like Judy's cafe and the white horse and all that. So I'll assume the whole world is still in the lodge somehow, and not a different timeline.

I think he's taking Laura back to the house to meet her mother, who's been possessed by Judy. But it turns out Judy's got them fooled somehow, and who knows what will happen next.
>>
>>87346777
So if the fireman is the dreamer are the lodge scenes part of his dream? Or when he meets coop? Andy?
>>
>>87346823
Further proof the Lynches are /ourguys/
>>
File: major garland briggs.jpg (14KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
major garland briggs.jpg
14KB, 235x235px
I'd like to share a vision I had with you, /tpg/.

In my vision, I was at the post limit of a vast discussion, a /tv/ thread of some... fantastic proportion.
There seemed to emanate from it, a light from within, this gleaming, radiant text.

I'd known this thread.

I had in fact been born and raised there.

But this was my first Twin Peaks: The Return...

A reunion, with the deepest well-springs of my being.

Wandering about, I noticed (happily) that the thread had been immaculately maintained.

There'd been added a number of additional memes, but in a way that blended so seamlessly with the original construction, one would never detect any difference.

Returning to the beginning of the catalogue, there came a bump at the front page.

/tpg/ was standing there.

It was happy and carefree, clearly living a life of deep lore, and theory.

We embraced, a warm and loving embrace.

Nothing withheld.

We were, in this moment, One.

The thread ended, and I awoke with a tremendous feeling of optimism and confidence, in /tpg/, and its future.

That was my vision... of you.

I'm so glad to have had this opportunity to share it with you.

I wish you nothing but the very best, in all things.
>>
File: laura dern.jpg (459KB, 1921x1080px) Image search: [Google]
laura dern.jpg
459KB, 1921x1080px
erasers
>>
>>87346827
Because he's so huge that his piss is actually enough to extinguish fires.
>>
>>87346843
COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG

OH, GOD. LYNCHED. SO LYNCHED.

>>87346864
HO-lee FUCK

Hellooooooo-OOOOOOOOOOOO-oooooooooooooooooooo
>>
>>87346843
hence why his son is fucked in the head
>>
>>87346853
Everything is part of his dream. His dream is the one true dream so to speak.
>>
>>87346448

Man, art/media is so simple. You watch it and you either feel something or don't. And it shouldn't be hard to believe that a lot of people genuinely feel something for this show.

Sure, it's all sometimes contaminated with social status, where people profess liking something to intidimate others. But this is an anonymous board, there's no point in impressing anybody...

And if we're all deluded by this show, that's fine too. TV is an illusion and we want to be deluded.
>>
File: 1504483287136.jpg (160KB, 670x502px) Image search: [Google]
1504483287136.jpg
160KB, 670x502px
>>87346864
MILK
>>
>>87346448
*tips fedora*
>>
>>87346862
Wow Dad, you're embarrassing me.
>>
Reminder that this general was 100% "le cherry pie and damn fine coffee" before episode 1 aired. You have all rationalised this shit every step of the way. If anyone else served up this nonsense you'd be deriding it.
>>
>>87346906
Oh shit, it's Bobe!

So glad you made it to walk in near the end with a funny jape.
>>
>>87346448
did any of this actually happen?
>>
Post your synopsis for season 4
>>
>>87346911
the fact that it's a sequel to an old show is at least some form of a pleb filter. If it had been done as some other kind of original intellectual property, it would be even more praised and watched. Lynch is a director of legendary magnitude. If you think everyone would have just written it off and not paid attention you're a retard
>>
I've got so many questions and I'm not sure whether I just didn't pick up on the clues and answers in the show or that these plot points were never explained.

Does anyone know boop's goal, Just to ensure that he never goes back to the lodge? was he involved in the box scene in new york?
>>
>>87346732
>Seems only Diane slipped into her Linad persona, but not Dale Cooper.
when they entered that dimension, supposedly they replaced some people, i.e. they became dopplegangers of Richard and Linda. Cooper had the singular purpose of finding Laura and killing Judy so he powered through the awakening. Diane, on the other hand, upon reliving the trauma of being raped by Booper, let go, and gave away control back to Linda.
>>
>>87346786
But he sure was chipper when he was heading right to his evil doppelganger and BOB. That makes no sense, unless he knows for sure that he'll be defeated. Also he was pretty upbeat when he went out to save Laura from the past. Something happens to his emotions as soon as he leaves the black lodge again.
>>
File: 1503774761877.jpg (76KB, 653x649px) Image search: [Google]
1503774761877.jpg
76KB, 653x649px
Despite all the shitposts and banter, I genuinely love this show so much.

It makes me tear up knowing I'll have to wait at least a year for the next season.

Have I been drinking too much soy, /tv/?
>>
>>87346786

Hm, they do emphasise the part where evil Coop rejects the coffee pretty significantly.
>>
>>87346911
You can still be cherry pie & damn fine hot coffee and love season 3. I do.
>>
>>87346862
>reddit spacing
Seriously though imagine thinking /tpg/ was going to die after the finale
>>
BOB BALL
>>
File: dale-endofroad.jpg (137KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dale-endofroad.jpg
137KB, 1080x1080px
Anybody wake up the day after the finale feeling really hollow? I can't get those final 10 minutes out of my head

It hasn't even been 2 days and I'm already missing the show. I
>>
>>87346903
>And it shouldn't be hard to believe that a lot of people genuinely feel something for this show.

Positive or Negative feeling? Because there's a lot of that here.

My mom? She said "I don't get it, I wish we saw more of the old characters" In the end she didn't really feel anything.

Me? It's been over 24 hours and I still feel anger and depression over episode 18.
>>
>>87346911
>Dougie is the main focus and the show is extremely slow paced and focuses a lot on side stories and world building
LMAO LYNCHED IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU'RE A RETARD BASED DOUGIE I HOPE COOP NEVER COMES BACK
>Cooper comes back, all side stories are dropped halfway through and everything is resolved in a rush that is completely opposite to everything that happened in the past 16 episodes
LMAO WHAT YOU CARED ABOUT DOUGIE AND THAT OTHER STUPID SIDE SHIT LYNCHED IT WAS NEVER IMPORTANT IT'S ALL A DREAM
There's definetly a lot of rationalization going on, yeah. I thought I was among the majority when enjoying the past 16 episodes but I guess people were just pretending
>>
>black fire
was that evil cooper burning?
>>
>>87346959
Bozo, that's how he set Judy on her cross country tour to Jumping Man Frogbug Sarah Palmer to complete the transformation.
>>
>>87346942
"lynched"
>>
>>87347016
I imagine most people here, and in other places, are still here because they feel empty.

I woke up around 2pm because I stayed up late discussing it here. It's now 6am and I'm not really sure where the time has gone. I don't really want to do anything else and if I do go and do anything I just feel exhausted so I just stay here and type away.
>>
File: 0z39CZC8rnukJqrk-.jpg (24KB, 600x323px) Image search: [Google]
0z39CZC8rnukJqrk-.jpg
24KB, 600x323px
>he tries to figure out the logical narrative of a david lynch movie
>>
>>87346997
>Next season

Nigga what? I felt like with this it's finally over.
>>
https://genius.com/Au-revoir-simone-a-violent-yet-flammable-world-lyrics

>Tonight I sleep to dream of a place that's calling me
>It's a whisper
>It is always just a dream

https://genius.com/Rebekah-del-rio-no-stars-lyrics
>My dream is to go
>To that place
>You know the one
>Where it all began.
>>
>>87347046
>I will be with BOB again
Possessed Lelend possessed Sarah hatchling ball / Mother love
>>
So those small FBI badges that Cooper shows in the last part, has FBI ever actually used those?

They definitely haven't used those in the show before but does it point to a real time where those were in use or does it point to some dream alternative reality shit?
>>
>>87347033
Remember you're on 4chan. You knew from the start people were just here to watch people get upset. And then there's people here who "get" Lynch but don't really care about the characters so they don't see anything wrong.
>>
>>87346959
Bad Coop shows off the picture of Judy in the first or so episode, saying that it's what he wants. He needs to coordinates that leads him to Judy basically. I'm not sure why though, but I assume its to avoid returning to the black lodge.
>>
>>87346413
time is so cruel to women
>>
>>87347077
Same, man.

I don't know what to do, I don't want it to stop. I just can't believe how good Part 18 was, it has completely broken my heart the way they brought it around to the core of Twin Peaks again.

I keep listening to the credits song from Part 18 and man.. it's tearing me apart.
>>
>>87347086
There is ALWAYS a logical emotional narrative you pleb. In this too.
>>
when's the bluray box coming out?
>>
>>87347148
not what i meant fool sucj my dick
>>
>>87347046
>>87347122
Ah yeah forgot about him showing the card, perhaps interested in judy creating pocket dimension for him so he can never get sent back to the lodge?
>>
>>87346301
I am so happy when I see my caps reposted <3
>>
Can we talk about how much of a jobber double coop was?
>>
File: X39ixkM.jpg (287KB, 2083x1523px) Image search: [Google]
X39ixkM.jpg
287KB, 2083x1523px
Why do people assume the sex in the hotel was part of some master plan to wake up Cooper or whatever?

I think it's point was to "ruin" the audience's expectations about their relationship, kinda like Coop superimposed on the victory scene at the sheriff, Diane and Cooper were finally reunited and they have sex, but instead of passionate and romantic the situation is cold and uncomfortable, because the new timeline/dimension was ruining everything and forced them in the role of Richard and Linda, Diane doesn't recognize him anymore etc., which Coop knew could've happened. Everyone seems to have issues, Laura apparently killed somebody or witnessed a murder at least
>>
>>87346959
They show a picture of Booper right there in front of the box right after it was built, so yeah
Booper's plan was to foil the plan that Briggs, Cole, Cooper, The Fireman and MIKE thought up to destroy Judy. The plan also involved Diane. So he went after everyone involved, he tries to kill Briggs (but he actually leaves his body behind and ascends to the White Lodge with his head), he builds the glass box and Dougie in order to trap Cooper in Las Vegas and then aligns himself with a crime syndicate to have him killed, builds a fake Diane as a trap for Cole and Albert and then goes after the coordinates to find the real Diane (wether or not he was the one who trapped her, or if she was put inside Naido by the Fireman for her own protection is unknown). With everyone involved dead, or at least Cooper and Diane, the plan to exorcise Judy would have been foiled, but Booper was a fucking retard at every step of the way and failed in everything that he attempted to do. After he dies, the plan to exterminate Judy is set into motion, but we don't get to see the results.
>>
>>87347033
The Las Vegas storyline was wrapped up though, in a perfect bow. There was stuff that wasn't, but using Dougie as an example is a bad one, because that is the most fully realized story in season 3.

Twin Peaks is what got it the worst.
>>
>>87347180
Would shut up all the Cooper curtain hand jive people
>>
Why are we still here?
>>
Booper's death was so anti-climatic and BOB's fight was beyond ridiculous.

Yeah, yeah, i know.. LYNCHED.
>>
Sex is the key to attract/connect with Judy

That's why she appeared in the glass box when those two were fucking
>>
hahaha... LYNCHED
>>
you fellas seem to know everything: who was the dead guy in laura's room?
>>
I think the point of The Return is that you can't save everyone or fix everything. Tragedies happen and they can't be undone. BUT.
You should still try to do good and be good, because you can still stop other tragedies and injustices from happening. The most important story was Dougie and all the lives he helped.
He saved Janey-E and Sonny Jim from life with a cheating, gambling scumbag. He saved Mrs Jackpots from a life of poverty and reunited her with her son. He saved the Mitchum brothers from an insurance scandal. He saved Sizemore from having murder on his conscience. He saved the reputation of Lucky 7 insurance and Bushnell by exposing the insurance scam.

Even though you can't save the little girl who lived down the lane, you can still do a lot of good in the world, even if you don't always see it at the time.
>>
Twin Peaks is truly the Dark Souls of tv.
>>
File: part 18.jpg (73KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
part 18.jpg
73KB, 1920x1080px
Anybody know when the 2 soundtracks for season 3 come out? Specifically the Badalamenti one?

I need the credits theme to Part 18
>>
File: R1r01mr6o3_r1_1280.gif (2MB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
R1r01mr6o3_r1_1280.gif
2MB, 500x260px
"You’re a fine man, Bushnell Mullins. I will not soon forget your kindness and decency."

Why the fuck do I get so emotional whenever I hear this shit?
>>
>tfw Cooper's realization in the final seconds of ep18 was that Laura whispered to him that Sarah is/was Judy all along
>>
>>87347239
It appeared in the box because it was chasing Cooper. Those observers had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>87346897
That's dumb. Why not dream that there's no conflict? Or that the nuclear bomb test never happend?

If it was his dream, The Fireman seems way to involved in his own dream and the conflicts of the Black Lodge. And it breaks a bunch of themes in the show. The general conflict of good vs.evil becomes null if he's the dreamer.

Twin Peaks has always revolved around Coop and Laura first, then everyone else. That's why the series ended with just them two. To have what's basically a side character be the snow globe for the whole series doesn't fit at all.
>>
>>87347226
after-sex cuddling
>>
>>87347254
Vedderposter
>>
Will someone post the Russian leaks again? I want to see exactly what it said.
>>
>>87347205
Yeah I'm an idiot, I need to marathon this season as I end up forgetting half the shit that was shown at the start.
>>
File: 1502047267-big-e.png (77KB, 246x289px) Image search: [Google]
1502047267-big-e.png
77KB, 246x289px
Was he the only character that got a satisfactory conclusion?
>>
>>87347032

Both, I guess. It kinda reminded by of this discussion in aesthetics, where some people (Burke, Kant) talk about the beautiful and the sublime, where the former is pure joy and the latter a kind of terror mixed with joy (e.g. when you watch a thunderstorm). That last thing is something you get with this show I suppose. And it's fun to feel, because you don't get to feel that way very often.

Myself, I suppose I liked the ending, because it kinda felt like one of those dreams where you're late for an exam. And if it'd been simpler (they defeat Bob and live happily ever after) it would have felt too neat.. But I'd like to understand it a bit more.
>>
>What year is this?
What did he mean by this?
>>
i don't get it
>>
>>87347254
Just some geezer that judy created to try and get rid of laura
>>
File: dale-everythingsilost.jpg (121KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dale-everythingsilost.jpg
121KB, 1080x1080px
Look at this face ;_;

what the fuck did you do Dale..
>>
>>87346979
That was the pleb reality where everything is sunshine, and you can kill an evil entity with a rubber glove. AKA the Giant trying to intervene and fix shit to prevent Judy ending the dream.

As soon as Cooper realised what the fuck was going on, he wasn't so cheerful anymore.
>>
>>87347291
Dougie and his family got a happy ending
>>
>>87347291
The Jones family was reunited.
>>
>>87347265
This Friday
>>
>>87347296
He was questioning the solar cycle of this planetary body.
>>
>>87347239
>BOB rapes and murders to gather garmonbozia for Judy or to try and reach Judy
>appears in the glass box when the guy and girl start fucking
>Richard and Linda fuck to get to Judy

Really made me think.
>>
>>87347338
A Japanese masseuse jerked off the whole family?
>>
What is Cooper doing at the end before he asks what year it is? Looks like he's trying to open a door?
>>
What if Mr C's real name was Richard and the alternate reality Dale visits to get Laura/Carrie is the one Richard left?

Makes you wonder about Mr C's motivations.
>>
>>87347333
That would explain the super-imposed Coop face, but I'm not sure why Naido triggered it.
>>
>>87347269

Because Bushnell is a mighty great guy.

Same as Coop.

Same as Hawk.
>>
>>87347373
He's struggling to come to terms with his reality, hence the stoop and the ponderance.
>>
Needed more leland
>>
File: 1381.jpg (434KB, 1294x643px) Image search: [Google]
1381.jpg
434KB, 1294x643px
>>87347394
I wish I had people like Hawk and Bushnell in mein lyfe.
>>
>>87347373
He did the same in the Waiting Room to find a way.
He's a Lodge magician now.
>>
>>87347432
So he can possibly jump back to the waiting room with Laura and find another path?
>>
My Theory from reading all this shit
Cooper sacrifices himself but wins
>Cooper wins but decided he wants to save Laura cuz hes oppsessed with her even though he got the girl and all his friends
>Goes back in time saves Laura
>Ends up in Lauras dream but only he goes there since why is Diana there but not Gordon
>When Laura screams the mothers voice from ep 1 is played
>Laura wakes up and we've actually seen the Lauras last dream
>Also her dead bodie isint shown where it was found
>So Cooper dies when the dream world is crashed but Laura wakes up in an Alternate reality where she lives but the rest of the gang are in our realiy
>>
Was bad cooper completely dealt with? He was sitting in the lodge burning but is he wasted or could he come back?
>>
>>87347363
>japanese
>>
>>87347385
Pls respond
>>
>>87347265
I turned that shit off before the credits, was the theme really that good?
>>
>BOB's hamster ball cracks apart and clips through the ceiling
Well that was an anticlimactic sendoff to the main villain.
>>
File: dale-inthelodge.jpg (819KB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
dale-inthelodge.jpg
819KB, 1920x2160px
>>87347333
I'm really against dream theories, I think dreams play a role but to what extent I don't know. I don't think everything is dreamed up, and I definitely don't believe that the final episode is set inside a dream either. To me the final episode is the sobering reminder to the audience that there's nothing that can change what happened to Laura Palmer, Cooper got obsessed with saving her and now they're stuck in some bizarro world and she has just remembered everything, all the pain and sorrow.

Pic related fucks with me though, and makes me think that at least this final encounter with Bob is a dream made up by Dale in the lodge. The shot is the same as when he's told by The Arm that "There is nowhere to go but home!" and we hear a clock that slows down time and a low hum over it.

Those 25 years and leaving the lodge, he most certainly left it, he didn't dream up his exit, but in this moment it felt like defeating Bob was something he realized the moment Diane showed up that none of it happened, still existing between the two worlds and saying his goodbyes while stepping back into the lodge, right where he was at the beginning
>>
>>87347261
I like this interpretation and I see it posted a lot, but while it would have been better than the actual show, it's clearly not what they were going for.
Cooper is not saving Laura out of goodness of his heart, he's following a specific plan devised by the Fireman who created Laura's soul as a foil to Judy's evil. So it's not about Cooper wanting to save everybody, it's about the plan of an extradimensional being which may have worked or not and we'll never know, Coop has no emotional stake in this
>>
>>87347463
he's donzo
>>
>>87347474
>BOB returns as a terrible cgi man in floating T-pose

would be the final lynching
>>
what happened to him?
>>
I like to think that the Jones family being reunited is liberals and feminists being Lynched by David Lynch.

>white suburbia
>family ends up back together despite all troubles
>no nigger tier leaving wife and son
>no niggers
>no STRONG WOMYN mother who hates men
>sonny Jim isn't forced to cut off his benis
>everybody has a place which makes them happy
>the end
>still no niggers
>>
>>87347474
I think it was supposed to be. The contrast between 17 and 18 seems to be built around the idea that neat, happy endings are unsatisfying.
>>
>>87347455
I think he tried to check if this was some construct of Lodge, he realizes it's a kind of reality and he tries to quickly figure a way to enter the Lodge.
Problem is, if it's an alternate reality the whole knowledge about 430 miles, coordinates etc. is useless and he needs to start from scratch I guess.
Mr C wanted the coordinates to get back home.
>>
So... was the finale a display of artistic integrity or just sequel bait?
>>
File: 3654.jpg (243KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3654.jpg
243KB, 1280x720px
>>87347265
Sept 8th, There's another installment planned, but that will be to target the Christmas market - of which I doubt you will be a part.
>>
>>87347492
>theories
They fucking say multiple times "We're living inside a dream". It's meant to be taken literally.
>>
everything is a dream after cooper "woke up" from his dream in season 1, episode 3. that was the first appearance of the black lodge + characters + lore. when he "woke up" he called the station to inform them he knew who the killer was and it was very important that they meet with him in the morning. the next day he told them he completely forgot who it was. cooper of all people would immediately write down something important after a dream, or dictate it to diane on his recorder, the fact he didn't shows he was still in the dream. the end is him waking up, not laura.

the show was just quirky characters up until cooper's dream, no black lodge shit. everything, the movie included, is a dream.
>>
The real question here is... what Booper was trying to achieve the entire show?
>>
>>87347474
Judy is the main villain.
>>
For all you Jeffries/Cooper similarity people... Remember that Jeffries disappears when the power goes out in the office. So Cooper most likely went somewhere else Carrie fucked with the house. To where who knows.
>>
>>87347542
Freedom.
>>
>>87347539
boom. that's it.
>>
>>87347542
GIVE ME THE COORDINATES, DONALD
>>
File: 1480599428908.jpg (81KB, 589x582px) Image search: [Google]
1480599428908.jpg
81KB, 589x582px
I rewatched the last 15 mins of ep 18 because I just can't get it out of my mind.

Good fucking god is the ending scary. It's just terrifying to see how scared Coop is realising what's happening.

And then just the moment when you hear Sarah call Laura's name faintly....It was just a nightmare. We live inside a nightmare.
>>
>>87347515
well of course they are if you porpousefully make them look like shit, was that Lynch's version of strawmanning?
>LMAO real endings are so stupid, because the only possible way it could go was for Bob to fight One Punch Man as a beach ball
>>
>>87347510
It was an MDE-style sketch.

We don't have to hear his biography.
>>
>>87347542
He wanted to go back to his dimension.
A fate Dale is now facing.
>>
>>87347338
Dougie got a happy ending but he was a guy who made bad decisions including gambling away his money and getting involved with shady people.

I'm sure he'll ruin Coop fixing his life for him soon enough so I dunno if it's a good ending for his family
>>
File: I only have time.png (197KB, 311x311px) Image search: [Google]
I only have time.png
197KB, 311x311px
>>87346911
I only have time for damn fine coffee, but I can still appreciate Frenlo the Frog-Bug possessing Sarah Palmer after being disgorged into our reality by Jua Dei, an animate being of darkness and destruction, using the immense fear created by the first successful nuke tests.

Damn fine coffee.
>>
>>87347590
What the fuck, did you even watch the series?
>>
>>87347542
coffee
>>
>>87347537
oi, you better stop this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wCAczP5Qng

>just go over and talk to her, it´s what I do
>implying james is cool
>>
File: IMG_1449.jpg (44KB, 580x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1449.jpg
44KB, 580x427px
>>87347539
This is a retarded theory and you're goING BACK TO R E D D I T
>>
File: 1131.jpg (186KB, 583x647px) Image search: [Google]
1131.jpg
186KB, 583x647px
>>87347650
>>
>>87347474
>>87347509
>>87347572
>Cooper arrives earlier before the gunshot
>They fight
>One Punch Man punches the Doppelganger
>Cooper puts the ring on him
>Bob goes back to the Lodge
>Show some old scenes or even some cut FWWM shit to show he's back there

Would have been better.
>>
How easily scared are you lot?
First it was "glass box is the scariest TV scene ever"
Then it was "Got a light"
Then it was the bar scene with Sarah Palner.
Now you're going on about the last scene being scary.
I'm not trying to brag and say nothing scares me - I'm just baffled by everyone saying they were scared. Twin Peaks is not a show I'd call 'scary'.

I'm also confused by why people were crying when Coop came back, and at the final scene, but I guess I just wasn't as invested as others.
>>
Episode 18 was a mistake.

He should have stopped at 17 or based 18 on Audrey.

The Judy storyline is shit. What, the mom is possessed by evil now but is ultra hardcore evil more so than Leland? Garbage.

They should have all listened to Bowie.
>>
File: 15045990773660.jpg (369KB, 1200x890px) Image search: [Google]
15045990773660.jpg
369KB, 1200x890px
hey
>>
>>87347539
>the tv show is all a dream
>meanwhile, the Frost novels are the only hard canon
best timeline desu
>>
>>87347668
>>
File: JUST.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>When that face of Coop fades in and you know things are going to take a turn for the worse.
>>
>>87347686
Frost my buttcheeks Mark
>>
>>87347686
Go away, Mark, nobody cares about you
>>
>>87347674
17 was the finale. 18 was the teaser for other networks to make S4.
>>
>Friends tell me to watch Twin Peaks
>Watch pilot on Netflix
>Just a bunch of soap operay bad acting and romance combined with the occasional humorous moment that seems really tonally inappropriate at times and a weird autistic FBI agent

Maybe the show isn't for me...
>>
So, the glass box in New York is a TV, right? Nothing ever happens, you just record everything. But you don't pay attention and something comes on that attacks your weak sensibilities.
>>
>>87347615
Considering he is a tulpa out of control, he will certainly go back to his self and continue gambling and cheating.
>>
>>87347686
BUY. MY. BOOK.
>>
File: IMG_0089.jpg (355KB, 802x854px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0089.jpg
355KB, 802x854px
>>87347671
I think Doppelcoop and One Punch Chav could've 1v1'd, they've already shown Doppelcoop to be a big guy throughout the season
>>
File: mark-frost.jpg (92KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
mark-frost.jpg
92KB, 720x480px
>>87347707
buy my book
>>
>>87347699
Would this even electrocute you in real life. Just sticking a fork into one of the holes. I'm no electrician but wouldn't you need to touch both + and - for the electricity to flow through your body?
>>
>>87347510
i'd like to know what purpose he actually served
>>
>>87347711
>tonally inappropriate

Teehee. Look at you there trying to be clever. Hahahaha.
>>
File: 1496961914296.png (260KB, 340x331px) Image search: [Google]
1496961914296.png
260KB, 340x331px
>>87347180
>Ah yeah forgot about him showing the card, perhaps interested in judy creating pocket dimension for him so he can never get sent back to the lodge?

Mr. C was an accomplished dugpa, so he probably wanted Judy as an all-powerful servitor spirit, much like Windom Earle.
>>
>>87347674
I'm sorry you're a brainlet friend
>>
>>87347429
needed more Jerry Tbh
>>
>>87347754
nothing served any porpouse and the writers clearly think you're stupid if you cared
They all live inside a dream
>>
>>87347754
Delusions of the good old times personified
>>
i feel empty tpg
>>
>>87347673
Bob scenes in the original TP were scary.

Glass box scene was scary because as a viewer you just know something is just going to be standing there next time they cut to it, then the box starts becoming black and it's like "Oh fuck is Bob going to show up". But then it's just the shaking white silhouette that never really shows up or gets mentioned again. Yes it could have been Judy but we never see it again in present-time and it never attacks anyone else.

"Got a light" was just lodge spirits from FWWM that sat in a room and said random words.

I think the only really scary part was her screaming, because she's really good at showing horror in her face.
>>
File: 78378678678678.jpg (480KB, 1075x630px) Image search: [Google]
78378678678678.jpg
480KB, 1075x630px
>>87347793
>>
>>87347492
A Coop face superimposed over the Sheriff's office saying "We live inside a dream" is about as direct a way as Lynch could ever use of saying that S3 at least was a dream. But who is the dreamer?
>>
>>87347570

It's great how Lynch made it feel like a dream. Even if it ends up not being a dream.

Think about did, those last 15minutes when you watch them without knowing anything, just watching events, is not scary at all, but if you think about meanings it's fucking sp00ky.

Just like nightmares, being in one makes you want to scream so loud it not only stays inside the dream, you actually end up screaming so people on "this side" hear it (Laura scream??).
And the sheriff's station scene, Coop's face "watching" the whole thing... when you dream about yourself, you are usually watching yourself in third person, but you're also watching your third person in third person.

And then Coop says it's all a dream, resulting in him being lucid, going down in that basement which makes him go deeper into the dream.

Fuck it if I know, but that's how I saw it.
>>
>>87347513
Are you a fucking child?
>>
YTICIRTCELE LOL
>>
File: 1138.jpg (213KB, 631x581px) Image search: [Google]
1138.jpg
213KB, 631x581px
>>87347823
Drink more.
>>
File: Haha! Lynched!.jpg (90KB, 552x452px) Image search: [Google]
Haha! Lynched!.jpg
90KB, 552x452px
>>87347855
>>
>>87347750
It would be enough since you are shorting to ground but there are safety switch that kill the power if there's any dispersion of current to ground so you won't die.
>>
>>87347754
David Lynch felt like it.

Everything in this series that doesn't directly affect Cooper's plotline is because Lynch thought it would be interesting to film.
>>
>>87347836
idk man, Audrey looking into the mirror is fucking haunting to me for some reason
>>
>>87347844
There were multiple dreamers. At least Laura, Audrey, Gordon and Cooper depending on the scenes.
>>
why the pointless long ass driving scene
>>
>>87347888
Redditor pleb
>>
>>87347888
Because unlike GoTs, distance is an actual reality in TP.
>>
File: nothing matters.jpg (120KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nothing matters.jpg
120KB, 1920x1080px
>>87347674
How can anybody have this opinion? I don't understand it.

Part 17 is the Judy hour, it's the dumb whimsical hour that tries to resolve everything and comfort the audience into believing something can actually be done to stop the evil in the world.

People take Judy too literally, she isn't even referred to as a person, it's a force. Laura didn't get "pulled" out of reality by Judy, she can do no such thing, if she could then nothing would ever have to happen. Laura got torn away from Dale because he meddled with something that just can't be undone. The final hour is his reminder that he failed.

He's looking for answers in the end, expecting to find them at the Palmer house, he thought he could go there and have an emotional reunion and set everything straight, let a Laura that never got murdered be back with her family.

No.. that can't happen, the ending reminds the audience about the horrible truth that lies at the very core of Twin Peaks and how nobody could stop it. There's no cosmic intervening, Laura isn't an angelic figure that was allowed to survive it and come back and defeat the evil residing in her mother.

How do you not understand this?
>>
>>87347615
>>87347721
I think you're forgetting the first Tupla was created by booper. this new tulpa will have cooper's heart of gold
>>
>>87347888
driving scenes best scenes
>>
>>87347855
Go back to r e d d i t
>>
>>87347888
It was kino faggot
>>
>>87347888
In the Art Life he talks about how he went to NYC with friends and smoked pot for the first time (he probably didn't tell his friends that), cause then it was his turn to drive and he had to drive back at night to near DC (somewhere in Virginia IIRC) where he lived at the time. He says he was driving and his friends started saying 'David? David? David?' then 'DAVID!' and he replied 'What!?' and they said he'd fully stopped in the middle of the freeway. He said he'd gotten mesmerised by the little white lines.

This is how I remember the story, he might have told it a little differently but clearly that imagery and experience stuck with him.
>>
>>87347721
But the first Dougie tulpa was constructed by Mr C (we have to assume), whilst the new Dougie was constructed out of Cooper. No reason to think the new Dougie will act like the first Dougie.
>>
>>87347888
why was the entire pancake scene dragged out just for the coffee pay off?
>>
>>87347888
That was the most intense and frightening fucking driving scene I've seen in my life.
>>
>>87347888
Lynch knew which scene he wanted to be the last.
He ran out of ideas to make up an entire episode to get to that moment.
>dude just spend 10 minutes driving and stopping for gas LMAO.
It was filler. Some will say it was to build atmosphere, but if that's the case then it was a failure.
>>
>>87347888
Idiot
>>
>>87347917
>Cooper did, Cooper thought
he's just following instructions from the Fireman, he has no agency in this, this isn't some morality tale about Cooper being out of his depth or something
I agree that it's more interesting than what they actually went with, but that won't make it real
>>
>>87347917
>How do you not understand this?

I understand it now. It's still shit.

I've come to realise something watching this series to completion. I don't want to invest 18 hours into something and leave unsatisfied.

This should have just been 10 episodes of comfy Twin Peaks fan service. Lynch can go fuck himself.
>>
>>87347938
Dayviid
Dayviid
DAYVIID
>>
>>87347823
That's alright, we all do.
10/10
>>
>>87347888
Because spooks.
The car light was Judy watching them.
>>
>>87347888
It's one of the best scenes of the series
>>
>hated on LOST
>loved every second of The Return
They both pretty similar plotwise when you think about it. Why I think one is 3/10 at best and the other 10/10?
>>
File: 4526.jpg (43KB, 284x287px) Image search: [Google]
4526.jpg
43KB, 284x287px
I am incompatible with early morning Euro /tpg/.

Good night.
>>
>>87347924
That's a good point. I forgot about that.
>>
>>87347978
It is, though. Cooper became obsessed with Laura and trying to save her. It's his job, that's the kind of force he wanted to be in the world and he was never able to let go of Laura
>>
>>87348027
Because the actors in LOST aren't attractive.
>>
WHY DOES COOP ACT LIKE DOPPELCOOP
>>
>>87348027
Because Lindelof is a no talent hack
>>
>>87348053
You are not losing much, they are all assholes trying to prove they are smarter than anyone else.
Typical european inferiority complex.
>>
File: twin peaks 12.jpg (86KB, 670x450px) Image search: [Google]
twin peaks 12.jpg
86KB, 670x450px
THE OWLS wtf
>>
>>87348073
He just needs time to adapt to the Premier League.
>>
>>87347978
What's the point of the story then if it isn't about the permanent pain of Laura's death and the foolishness of trying to erase it or bring it back, and the folly of not moving on with your life after 25 years? That Coop got tricked by some ghosts into feeding them Laura's (pain and suffering) again?

The way I see it the "dream" that ends in 17 isn't a lie or falsehood. It's a beautiful new Twin Peaks that was created without Coop needing to save everyone himself. He turns his back on Twin Peaks, Dougie's life, his potential new life with Diane all to chase a ghost that everyone else has moved on from. That's the tragedy, not that a soul sucking demon trapped Cooper in a new dimension to escape from
>>
Wish we got more Sheryl Lee desu
>>
>>87348091
One stupid fucking meta joke in Episode 4. Never mentioned again the entire series.
>>
File: 2132844-darkknightrises20111201.jpg (29KB, 425x640px) Image search: [Google]
2132844-darkknightrises20111201.jpg
29KB, 425x640px
>>87348053
How did Diane become hothead?
>>
>>87348062
>He was obsessed
>He wanted
he has no emotional stake in this whatsoever, Laura's soul was created by the Fireman as a foil against Judy's evil as per episode 8, and they need her in order to exorcise Judy. It's not about any obsession on Cooper's part, he seems pretty uninterested in Laura as a person when he gets to meet her
>>
>>87346514

face...OFF...
>>
>>87348091
>mfw no footage of owls at all in the return
>>
What the story really is about is aliens and Illuminati vs the Freemasons.
>>
>>87347836
strong impressions do not really equal scary, twin peaks is very atmospheric and has that haunting feeling but scary doesnt seem like the right word
>>
>>87347913
>says this load of shit
>whilst Jerry is a thing
>>
>>87348091
THE OWLS, COOP. THE OWLS
>>
File: laura-bobby-couch.jpg (236KB, 1920x1036px) Image search: [Google]
laura-bobby-couch.jpg
236KB, 1920x1036px
Is anybody really impressed that the final hour manages to recapture the same kind of emotional intensity of Fire Walk With Me? Something that has been completely absent from season 3.

There has been very little in terms of psychological horrors and trauma in season 3, violence has been gratuitous, but in the end Lynch managed to go right back to that soul crushing and heartbreaking sadness of Fire Walk With Me.
>>
Did anyone really even come into this expecting Laura to be saved?

That wasn't even on the table for me until he shows up in FWWM scenes and they show her body disappear with the music playing.

I think they should have just ended it right there and everyone would have been happy.
>>
>>87347930
the post he responded to was pretty retarded desu
>>
>>87348171
Gobble gobble.
>>
>>87348164
Nah Bob was fucking scary. That couch scene was nightmare fuel.

This new season didn't really match that at all, probably because Lynch didn't want to replace Frank Silva.
>>
lynch is a god
>>
The activity in this thread is dying... This thread is finally dying. A few more days and /tpg/ will be no more.
>>
File: IMG_1797.jpg (106KB, 750x1094px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1797.jpg
106KB, 750x1094px
>>87348027
>thinking the pile of normie shit Lost is comparable to pure Lynchian kino
>>
>>87348232

QUICK EVERYONE POST DOUGIES
>>
DUDE LETS DRAG EVERY SCENE OUT LMAO
>>
>>87347114
Yes for special agents
Sometimes parts of it are enamelled and it can also be held within a warrant pouch that shows the agents name and id
Just google FBI warrant badge
>>
>>87348182

No, no, no. We can't give people a happy ending!

We need to shoehorn an explanation for Judy and make this big ambiguous point about how player choice doesn't matter because Fireman said "would you kindly" before giving instructions to Cooper!

This is deep and Twin Peaks would certainly not be art without it!
>>
>>87348157
This is a really boring read of the story, anon, and far less artistic.

Laura and Cooper were connected before she ever died, through dreams.

>They need her in order to exorcise Judy

They failed, and ultimately the story wasn't about this cosmic battle, it goes right back to the abuse that girl lived through until the very final moments of her life.
>>
Why is James such a loser? A disturbed girl you love jumps from your bike and runs into the woods. You don't go after her ...

wtf DUDE
>>
File: 1497743063224.png (455KB, 626x496px) Image search: [Google]
1497743063224.png
455KB, 626x496px
>>87348240
>>
cooper had a hard life
>>
>>87348257

James don't go in for that hard to get shit.

That's why he was always cool
>>
>>87348218
things like this are always subjective
so i guess youre subjectively a pussy in this case
>>
>>87348182
Not at all, and I don't think you're meant to. Only Cooper going by what the Lodge told him seems to have thought so.

If the show ended with Laura's death prevented and Coop ascended to some higher plane or whatever as an angel it would've been both too similar to FWWM and pretty out of tone from Twin Peaks.
>>
File: IMG_1671.png (825KB, 618x645px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1671.png
825KB, 618x645px
>>87348157
>he has no emotional stake in this whatsoever
This is objectively wrong and you are obviously a brainlet for saying this
>>
>>87348256
As I said originally, that is a more interesting reading of what is going on. It's also not what they were going for at all
>>
>Shitposted about 18 hours of pure Lynch since the very beginning
>All in hopes that there would be even 1 episode of coffee and cherry pie at the Double R
>>
File: dale-awake.jpg (217KB, 1375x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dale-awake.jpg
217KB, 1375x1080px
>>87348267
>>
>>87346482
>art
Good one
>>
>>87348089
typical projection
>>
>>87348284
I was 9 or 10 when I first saw this show.
>>
>>87346617
Daddy is setting up his inventable "suecide".
>>
>>87348332
This entire scene was fucking masterful, the simple decision to superimpose his face had me on absolute edge the entire time
>>
>>87347917
>because he meddled with something that just can't be undone

Why then would The Fireman tell Cooper to save Laura? If The Fireman isn't above the situation then what has he been doing this whole time? Why would he try overstep to his abilities after defeating BOB? Also, isn't the nature of the dreamer ultimately in control of everything?

I think Cooper just failed, again.
>>
>>87348257
There was plenty of young tight pussies in Twin Peaks 1989, why waste time with the crazy one?
>>
Why didn't Cooper understand where to place the fryer?
>>
>>87348315
What do you mean that's not what they were going for? Do you know how obsessed David Lynch himself is with Laura Palmer, do you really think he would stomp all over her story like that?

I didn't have to think up some contrived theory to get to this, it was my gut feeling as I was watching that final episode, it was all I could think about, it seems to be by far the strongest point the episode was driving home.
>>
>>87348332
>Normal Cooper: /tpg/ patricians
>Superimposed Cooper: reddit plebs
>>
>>87348417
To make a point that coop is fallible
>>
>>87347979
>he kept watching after he realized he didn't like it

What's wrong with you, retard?
>>
>>87348378
why was irt masterful? do you even know what the purpose was? does anyone know or was it just a random decision made by lynch to be as pretentious as possible?
>>
>>87348393
He never told him to save Laura. For all you know that intro is a warning to Cooper, that he failed to understand.
>>
>>87348378
i know right
>>
>>87348378
I thought it was shit, but the superimposed face was the saving grace of it.
>>
>>87348424
And yet the show itself opens up on the Fireman giving Cooper instructions on what to do, including the 430 and Richard and Linda lines.
Plus episode 8 clearly establishes that Laura herself was a creation of the Fireman. What happened in the finale was always meant to happen.
Again, it would have been interesting if Cooper made a decision based on emotion which eventually fucked up reality, but it's not what happened at all, he has been following orders since the moment he woke up
>>
>>87348446
>What's wrong with you

Episode 18.
>>
>>87347542
Find his mother (Judy). He literally says it to you.
>>
>>87346864
>Jurassic Nips.
>>
>>87347673
I don't know, the jumping man going down the stairs scared the shit out of me.
>>
LYNCH
FUCKED
UP
>>
>>87346617
His son literally posted his dick on the internet? Crazy runs in the family.
>>
>>87348534
no
>>
File: Velvetp1.jpg (3MB, 4819x2811px) Image search: [Google]
Velvetp1.jpg
3MB, 4819x2811px
Which lodge is this?
>>
>>87348393
>Why then would The Fireman tell Cooper to save Laura?
He didn't. all he said was
>Richard and Linda. Two birds with one stone.
Presumably Coop thought the latter meant saving both laura and conquering the evil that lurks in her mother, but I wonder if despite what we've seen the fireman isn't as powerful or omniscient as he seems– Maybe he is limited only to an awareness of a single timeline, whereas the tremonds/chalfonts can dimension hop freely in order to prevent his plans from succeeding.
>>
>>87348167
Jery get ipad
>>
File: no_thanks.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
no_thanks.png
2MB, 1280x720px
If Harry was sitting in that chair he would have shot Booper right here.
>>
>>87348534
lynch lynched lynch
>>
>>87346942
The first half of one story and the second half of another
>>
>>87346617
>>87346664
>>87346675
>>87346823
All of these exact posts have been in previous threads. What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>87348583
>every Persona fan goes on about the reference to Twin Peaks
>no one ever points out the obvious reference to Blue Velvet
Sad times
>>
>>87348596
HEY JER, GET ME AN IPAD SANDWICH
>>
>>87348643
tsap ti si ro erutuf ti si
>>
that sound when laura is taken away from coop
was it the same as the noise the arm made?
>>
>>87346514
she is transforming him into Naido.
>>
>>87348693
are you stupid?
>>
>>87348693

It's the sound from the grammophone player I think. Which, in turn, is the sound of the arm of the slot machine turning slowed down..
>>
I feel like season 3 would have benefited a good deal from Briggs' and BOB's actors not being dead.
>>
File: 1501251843342.jpg (229KB, 628x543px) Image search: [Google]
1501251843342.jpg
229KB, 628x543px
>>87347741
Boop is a threat that can technically be dealt with by bullets, so long as you formica ring him afterwards.

BOB's physical form was a threat only Glovem8 was capable of handling.
>glove
>handle
jej
>>
>>87348643
You are the dreamer.
>>
>>87348693
No, it's the cracking sound Cooper hears in the phonograph in Part 1.
People want to link that sound to Judy, but the truth is that every time somebody teleports using that flickering vanishing effect that sound can be heard, including Cooper disappearing after talking to the Fireman in that very same scene in Part 1.
>>
Why was Albert not as hostile now as he was during the original series?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ex2vZeiupU
>>
>>87348508
If we assume that the lodges are as psychological as they were in the original show, what he's hearing in them is part of his own psyche and his own truth.

How do you even know that the Fireman gave birth to Laura? We see the orb and then we see the egg which has the frogmoth in it. The frogmoth is neither Bob, Laura or The Jumping Man, it may be all of them.

Maybe it's symbolic of the struggle in the world, good can't exist without evil. This is again a lesson learned in the end, they destroy Bob and Cooper "saves" Laura, but in the end it changed nothing.
>>
>>87348735
Bowie too, and Micheal J Anderson not going insane and Lynch cutting ties.

It's sad when you think about how the two key Lodge players weren't in it.
>>
>>87348782
he has grown soft in his old age
>>
>>87348782
>pacifist in the original series
>shoots Dianne in the new series
>>
>>87348782
foundation of which is love, I love you anon
>>
Could it be that reality is the Fireman's dream? When he's conjuring things he literally lies down floating and stuff appears from his head. I think he's sleeping/dreaming.
>>
>>87348806

not where it counts, buddy.
>>
>>87348825
I read this in Gordon Cole's voice...
>>
>>87348825
*cut to Tammy getting wet*
>>
Ep18 is actually about Lynch becoming senile.

He sees Sheryl Lee but thinks she's Laura Palmer.
"What year is it" because it's 25 years later and he's still filming Twin Peaks
>>
>>87348821

And what would be the point of it?

If that was the case, it would mean that lynched didn't lynch and it being the fireman's dream defeats all purpose.

Even Lynch's no purpose purpose.
>>
File: 8495237495.png (1MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
8495237495.png
1MB, 1360x768px
>I'm FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper

Confirmed not a dream imagined by Richard
>>
>>87347888
you will never be kino
>>
>>87348607
Possibly the only time I felt the finale could've been better was watching this scene and wishing it was Harry
>>
>>87348863
Why would it defeat all purpose? His dream is our reality so it's an important dream.
>>
Am I the only one who wanted coffee, pie and good old Cooper? We got none of that. That's why I dislike this show.
>>
>>87348941
Most people wanted that.

But most of those people are not here.
>>
File: CUTE.jpg (69KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CUTE.jpg
69KB, 1920x1080px
>>87347888
>pointless
it was beautiful kino
>>
>>87348863
The fireman is the arm of the dreamer.

>>87347888
Have you ever woken up after a long ass car ride?
>>
>>87348888
Well he has bushnell's gun but if we needed more confirmation I guess we got quads now
>>
>>87348888
who the fuck is richard and linda?

I know the giant said in the first episode to remember those names, and "two birds with one stone"

What, did Diane and Cooper merge and separate as different personas?
>>
File: image.jpg (4KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4KB, 320x180px
So, is the current theory that this is Judy? That seems to be the popular implication
>>
What other show or movie can I watch that will give me a similarly exciting experience as Twin Peaks did?
>>
>>87348972
Might have been just a random Lodge spirit dumped out when Cooper got sucked back in to Diane's gormonbozia milking cell
>>
K I N O
I
N
O
>>
>>87348972
Previously it was referred to as the 'Mother' experiment, so Sarah's the mother, Sarah is Judy, Judy is mother.

Seems to add up.
>>
>>87348937

yea well, "twin peaks reality" is a weird one.

It would rather except that it's still Cooper dreaming in S01E03.

Or Dougie.

But it's not.

It's Lynch lynching. And that's why we should love it.
>>
>>87347276
This is theology 101
Why is God good if he allows conflict?
Because Good is usually defined as letting people have free will
That's why LG isn't about being totalitarian whilst LE is
>>
The last half of Ep18 was so fucking spooky
>>
>>87347276
>That's dumb. Why not dream that there's no conflict? Or that the nuclear bomb test never happend?

Do you also pick and choose what you dream about?

Even lucid dreaming has its limits. You can affect the dream but the dream is still independent.
>>
>>87346617
He seemingly wanted a career in Hollywood
>>
>>87348964
The Giant says "two birds, one stone" NOT "two birds with one stone". I think this is a key difference that led to some part of Coopers mistake in that world
>>
File: THE BOGS.jpg (184KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
THE BOGS.jpg
184KB, 1080x1440px
>>87347697
better version
>>
>>87348964
i think richard is audreys son that booper fathered
and linda is boopers daughter, possibly from the diane rape
>>
So what happened to Jesse and his new car?
>>
why were there no twin peaks parties for this show?
>>
>>87349172
R E D
H E R R I N G
>>
>>87349172
That's what I thought at first, but it does seem like a red herring. While there was a Richard, not once there was a Linda character.
>>
>>87347673
>was it autism
>>
I think i may have been succesfully lynched. My mind is already starting to change. Let's see how the finale goes on a rewatch.
>>
>>87349172
Richard and Linda in normal Twin-Peaks-dimension are just messy reiterations of the Richard and Linda that Cooper and Diane become.
>>
did laura and coop get LYNCHED? fucking walking around valero like spastics,
make the banal 'real' world scenes the hunters dream, pan in to screaming laura like a carpenter schlockfest jesus christ i hate this browbeating.
>>
>>87349212
a Linda was mentioned, she was the wheelchair bound wife of Harry Dean Stanton's friend
>>
other tv sucks compared to this
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
When does Coop reach the white lodge and speak with the Fireman?
He knows all of what he said but yet I can't think of a time he went there.
>>
File: 1504555052378.webm (738KB, 1500x842px) Image search: [Google]
1504555052378.webm
738KB, 1500x842px
Daily reminder that Carrie Page will NEVER EVER bounce up and down on your cock in comfort sex in order to try and forget the dead corpse on her couch.
>>
>>87349276
Probably directly after losing Laura in the past. And then after that he gets sent to the black lodge and manages to leave.
>>
>>87349281
Sheryl is single, you have a chance
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8GwraMiK1E

BTFO
>>
File: dale-composite.jpg (185KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dale-composite.jpg
185KB, 1920x1080px
>>87349276
The moment Bob dies, the superimposed face during this scene is Cooper in the white lodge speaking with the Fireman
>>
>>87349257
real talk my nigga
>>
>>87349337
who
>>
File: 9450380524.png (547KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
9450380524.png
547KB, 1360x768px
>>87348585
>Maybe he is limited only to an awareness of a single timeline, whereas the tremonds/chalfonts can dimension hop freely in order to prevent his plans from succeeding

Well, he killed BOB and made it seem easy, that he was only waiting for the right to time to set the rest of his plan in motion. This included setting Cooper loose on the opportunity to save Laura and rape Diane.

He's probably fairly matched against evil considering Laura is his creation and she is at the center of the lodge's interests.

>Two birds with one stone.

Cooper didn't do anything other than rape Diane and fail in the rescue of Laura. So he either didn't follow the Fireman's instructions or he just failed like at the end of S2.

Or the Fireman (arm of the dreamer) is a fucking idiot
>>
>>87349342
It's not.
>>
>>87349337
face+shirt+beard+empty, beady eyes combo confirms SOYBOY status
>>
File: thatsound.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
thatsound.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
>>87349337
>uninformed normie vlogs
>>
>>87349337
what cosmic level of brainlet would you have to be to think that David Lynch directed an 18 hour movie because he wants to tell everyone to fuck off.

Nice earring, faggot
>>
>>87349183
Episodes 1 through 16 were a massive red herring basically, I guess we as the audience were meant to be put in Cooper's shoes and realize that the clues meant absolutely nothing in a multidimensional esoteric world
>>
>>87347269

Possibly because such open and sincere expressions of respect between honorable people/men is rare to see these days, especially on /tv/.

Plus, Bushnell was a solid dude reaching the winter of his life. His prime was far behind him, so there's a solemn tinge that hits the heart when a humble insurance company man with a past more notable than his present is called out as the upstanding man he is. It's probably something most of us would appreciate hearing from someone trustworthy when we reach that point of life.
>>
>>87349342
>Bob dies

Is it just me or did that scene not look like a proper death? His fragments escaped the room and it gave me more of a feeling "he's defeated but his essence still remains".
>>
File: twinpeaksjacobyradio.jpg (22KB, 509x337px) Image search: [Google]
twinpeaksjacobyradio.jpg
22KB, 509x337px
>>87346413
>>87346441
DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR FREEDOM IS?
>>
>>87349337
>people stopped watching twin peaks because the show didn't show who killed laura palmer
Confirmed for not actually having seen the original show
>>
>>87349319
Doesn't seem right. Everyone else including dopplecoop has to look for exact coordinates to be taken through a vortex. Was it a dream again? Since every dream in this show is a reality...
>>
>>87347269
>I will not soon forget your kindness and decency
>But I will erase you from existence
>>
>>87349178
imagina Burgistan Bar watching episode 18
>>
File: tp-condemned-woman-review.jpg (60KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
tp-condemned-woman-review.jpg
60KB, 600x300px
Why did bob kill josie
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 446x299px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 446x299px
>episode 1 to 17 have ending song in the credits
>episode 18 has most impactful credits music
>credits mention nothing

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>87346997
>at least a year
Unless they already started making it and they're just waiting to announce it, thats optimistic anon. This series was in the making for multiple years.
>>
>>87349337
>being microbrains enough to think if you don't like a show the creator must have a grudge against you
>>
>>87349474
He was already in a black and white place, so that's what I assumed. Maybe he went to find the white lodge after losing Laura, since he would be stuck in the past otherwise.
>>
KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE

>>87349525
>>87349525
>>87349525
>>
>>87347966

It was intentional, I think. it was built up to, yes, increase mood & suspense and give the audience the impression that whatever lurks on the other side of this scene would be a huge payoff worthy of such a “waste” of time. Viewers were tapping their feet and watching the remaining episode time dwindling away, thinking “okay, they have five minutes to wrap it all up”. Lunch knew this. It just goes to make the pain and emptiness of the ending that much more intense.
>>
>>87346881
Don't quit the day job mate
>>
>>87346617
lol the tweet is still there
>>
>>87348821
Yes! When they say, "we live in a dream," the dream we live in comes from the lodge spirits. Their dream is our reality.
>>
>>87349436
I got that vibe too
Thread posts: 400
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.