[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Episode 4 was actually decent What did /tv/ think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 45

File: ramsignedmailer.jpg (103KB, 350x506px) Image search: [Google]
ramsignedmailer.jpg
103KB, 350x506px
Episode 4 was actually decent

What did /tv/ think?
>>
>>86338832
on par with episode one but way better than 2 and 3
>>
female writes are okay now?
>>
>>86338832

Was pretty funny, a lot of the /pol/ retards must have had a laugh at the Israel bit.
>>
>>86338832
just watched the intro. seemed pretty good to me, we'll see about the rest of the episode.
>>
>>86338832
Pretty...pretty...pretty....GOOD

SuperNova is one hot TittyBeam!
>>
>>86338860
This.
>>
>>86338832
Just finished it.

That was horrible, I don't know what the fuck happened to this show, was there even a joke?

He sometimes says isreal wooo I bet pol is happy best joke 2017 ahaha its for everyone ahaha,

Are you fucking serious?

The only thing to even slightly chuckle at was when they were getting choked and being stoked about getting out some quips, it was fucking sad.
>>
>>86338872
Why does /tv/ and /a/ always bring up /pol/? Makes you sound like a little bitch every time riding their dick. That's why I don't come here anymore.
>>
>>86339030

rick being the villain was pretty entertaining, as was the end bit with morty.

get the stick outta ur assss boi
>>
>>86339030
Holy shit then stop watching it and better yet stop posting about it
>>
>>86338832
When a story tries really hard to tell you that its main character is cooler than every other character out there then you know he's lame as fuck.
>>
>>86339071
/pol/ is everywhere bro.
>>
I thought it was much better than the last two garbage episodes, probably even better than the first.
>>
>>86338863

Got a problem with women?
>>
It was better than previous two episodes.
It's worse than the first episode
It would have been better if it was done by old writers.
This season is still bad.
>>
>>86338860
No Pickle Rick was better. The only part that ruined it was the ending psychiatry scene.
>>
File: rick and morty.jpg (394KB, 662x1024px) Image search: [Google]
rick and morty.jpg
394KB, 662x1024px
>>86338832
stronk female character talking about the child that died inside her and showing that wymen can be baddies too
>>
>>86339030
Do you autists just watch shows consisting entirely of knock knock jokes?
>>
Probably the best episode of the whole series. It only took 3 seasons and a couple of women.
>>
>>86339211
Doesn't matter, since they're the silent majority. Noone ever goes "hurr durr im from /pol/ xd" but people with inferiority complex seem to always bring them up in ANY fucking topic when it's completely unrelated.
>>
>>86339030
Why do you watch this show every week if you hate it so much? Fucking definition of insanity.
>>
>>86339337
This
>>
>>86339331
womyn... whoops
>>
>>86339337
Don't over rate it. In the end it's still a parody episode, not an original pitch.
>>
>>86339331

should there literally be no female characters?
>>
>>86339369
>likes two seasons
>watches third and notices that it's not as good as the first two
>"omg why watch show, definition of insanity"

>>86339452
what's the point if they aren't acting their gender?
>>
>>86339430
Um actually it's 2 parodies seamlessly woven into original compelling writing. I haven't seem anything like it.
>>
>>86339331
did /tv/ sperg like this when Tammy killed Bird Person?
>>
>>86339549
>what's the point if they aren't acting their gender?
>acting their gender
Yeah there are definitely no women anywhere that act like that
>????????
Moron

>what's the point if they aren't acting the way I wish all women acted like?
Ftfy
>>
File: rick and morty2.jpg (115KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
rick and morty2.jpg
115KB, 774x1032px
>>86339591
that's the thing about exceptions, you can make exceptions. but when they arent uncommon they become a representation and if the representation doesn't match reality people think it's out of place
>>
>>86339635
no u are the moron

now what?
>>
>>86339675
Good 1
>>
>>86339173

>>86338832

You guys are out of your mind, a fan dosent have to be blindly loyal and at this point you are likely defending the lowest rated season of the entire show.

>It was bad, and you know exactly why it was bad.
>But to admit it would be to admit that those evil bad men were right
>ITS SO FUNNEH U GAISE XD DEY CATER TO POL NOW LOL

Stop lying to yourself kid
>>
>>86339702

or someone could enjoy something that you did not.

I know, novel idea, but I promise it can happen.
>>
>>86338832
I like how they trolled the fuck out of the leddits by airing two retards instead. Look at /r/rickandmorty, they are salty as fuck. Kek.
>>
>>86338891
Just finished it.

I got pretty bored. I feel like the characters talk slower while telling joke, and Rick has sort of become a caricature of himself. This is becoming "zombie" Rick and Morty pretty fast. I'm still holding out hope for another McMahan written episode like episode 1.
>>
>>86338863
The real killer is Harmon.

I don't like how rick keeps saying shit that not in character, like he cares about stuff.
>>
>>86339756

If you enjoyed that then you have horrible taste.
>>
>>86339549
>psycho bitch talking about her dead baby
>not acting their gender
i'm guessing you don't interact with women much
>>
File: rick and morty3.png (1MB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
rick and morty3.png
1MB, 1280x721px
>>86339836
to me its pretty clear that the guys did what they wanted for the first two seasons and the 1st ep on season 3 and now its just random jokes, business as usual with no special things to show

it's like simpsons, everybody can write an episode

>>86339930
guess you have a point about that, she was acting her gender at that time
>>
>>86339897
He's always cared about stuff and struggled with expressing it.

Remember the few mentions of Beth's mom? S2E1, when Rick was willing to sacrifice himself to save time?
>>
It was enjoyable. The only thing I didn't like was logic, but that's up to taste anyways.
>>
Pretty good episode. Not bad at all, felt like a normal Rick and Mooty episode.
>>
>>86339920

You're getting upset about a cartoon. Sort yourself mate.
>>
>>86339801

Harmon can actually be a funny dude, he must know how shit this is and is either trying to play it off as a "troll"

>Hahah edge lords I knew it was bad epic trolling

I wonder if they will try to fit a "real" season in claiming this was all some gag...
>>
>>86338832
i liked it which means i can forget about the pointless madmex ep and pickle rick.
>>
>>86340097
What are you saying this episode was even more pointless. Zombie rick and nonsensically written Morty, "whoa the girl that killed a bunch of ants is getting away while Ricky literally murdered a bunch of galactical heroes".
>>
>>86340084

>You have horrible taste
>Lel don't get upset

Poor taste and angry about being called out on it, whatever kid enjoy your last precious (You)
>>
>>86340229
last few eps have been a bit tone deaf. this one was at least engaging, but it was pretty boring and just... ehhh. i cringed a lot and paused to surf on the internet at points.
>>
it was very boring and linear, predictable. i recall it being a multilayered show.

it got 2 movie parodies inside. i really dunno about all this, they went to shit so fast.
>>
>>86340229
why would you watch an absurdist comedy and expect more than absurdist comedy?
>>
I didn't like it but that's probably just because I hate gore and shit. Which is mostly why I don't like the show so so I suppose my opinion is irrelevant.
>>
>>86339836
>This is becoming "zombie" Rick and Morty pretty fast.
I feel this exact same way. Tonight's episode was a marked improvement from the previous two, but there was still something about it that felt like it was... missing. Rick feels like he's himself, but he's not really himself. The animus between Rick and Morty is widening to an uncomfortable level and I kind of wish it would just come to a head already, they really seem to be pussyfooting around it.
>>
>>86338832
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mb9RMQhA7E

ouch
>>
the israel part was funny but only because of the "WHAT DID I SAY HAHA MORTY IM NO ANTISEMITE" part because of the element that rick, the smartest mammal in the universe, nihilistic alcoholic, gets terrified by the thought of people hearing him be an antisemite.
>>
>>86338832
So why did they feel the need to make the hero guys not so innocent by making them guilty of destroying a planet?
Had to make Rick somewhat less horrible?
>>
>>86340426
Are you saying you want the Family Guy equivalent of Quagmire sitting down with Brian and completely calling him out on his bullshit?
>>
File: 1449200849174.jpg (38KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
1449200849174.jpg
38KB, 500x471px
>>86340477
I liked how everyone else was like
>Nah
>Nooope
>Not touching that
and they all just walk away
>>
I actually think this is the funniest episode of season 3 so far.
>>
>literally two diversity jokes within the first 5 mins including a quip about POC
>croc says "and even some women"
>israel

Fucking hell this episode was littered with SJW garbage.
>>
>>86338832

It was absolute bollocks.
>>
>>86340484
It was all a setup to pander to /pol/.
>>
>>86340563
The bug saying "So shoney's" is funnier than pretty much anything in the last three episodes.
>>
>>86340578
which is not saying much is it
>>
>>86340615
Not seeing the relevance to my post.
Also the left isn't too fond of Israel either
>>
>triggered
>safe space
>diversity
>heros of color

Hmmmm
>>
shit jokess about diversity, triggering and safe spaces,

best part is rick shitting on capeshit and noob noob laugh track where the best part in a way they were making fun of their shit writing and characterization in this episode a meta on how shit a episode it was.
>>
Better than episode 3, but still pretty weak and on par with 2.

I dunno, this season just seems a lot more forced than the first two. More jokes are falling flat, Rick showing more emotional shit out of character, Summer and Beth forced in to everything.
>>
>>86340426
This.

I laughed and enjoyed it. But the premier gave me some pretty high hopes for this season and there's just no delivery so far.

Is the problem the lack of Jerry? Was Jerry holding this show together?
>>
>>86340589

Nice
>>
I thought it was funny. It was back to being a random space adventure show with very little overarching plot stuff on the ends. It was just a subversion of some sci-fi/fantasy shit with the usual dysfunctional Rick and Morty in the middle. A fine return to form.
>>
>>86340589
they were making a joke about how fucking stupid diversity is though
>>
FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK MCDONALDS WHY DONT THEY SELL MCNUGGETS AT 8 IN THE MORNING
>>
>>86338832
>written by Sarah Carbiener & Erica Rosbe

fuck off
>>
>>86340084
>>86340270
joke's on you i just gave him another one
>>
>>86340511
That would be pickle rick episode with therapist
>>
>>86340759
safe joke.
>>
>>86340589
I've only been noticing things like this recently, has pol cursed me?
>>
>>86340316
>couldn't watch for 25 consecutive minutes
Consider that even if the show is shit, you are substantially mentally deficient also.
>>
>>86340589
on purpose. I think it was more of a jab at SJW culture.

>triggered Vance
>the "heroes" are actually shit people who hate each other
>>
>>86340759
It was ironic.
>>
File: 1446519623321.png (378KB, 900x702px) Image search: [Google]
1446519623321.png
378KB, 900x702px
>>86340690
I've got mixed feelings about Israel myself.
On one hand, i'm not a big fan of the jewish faith. I don't like the inherent nepotism.
On the other hand, I love how Israel can do literally whatever the fuck it wants, and doesn't give a single shit about anything else but its own people and well being.
Its literally the most xenophobic country in the world, but they get away with it because no one ever dares to point it out.
I feel like that android guy from the first Alien movie
>I admire thier purity
>>
>>86339173
>>86339369

Holy shit, is this the low that 4chan has fallen too? You guys are seriously using the "Don't like don't watch" fake argument. Jesus fucking Christ.

Let me ask you two retards something: How is someone supposed to know if they liked something if they didn't watch it? Do you like music without listening to it? Do you like books without reading them? That argument is seriously the dumbest comeback ever invented. I normally don't say this, but do the rest of us a favor and drink fucking bleach.
>>
>>86340703
It's almost like they ran out of ideas and began pandering to keep some kind of audience.
>>
>>86340846
you sound wounded

my opinion is that it was mediocre and predictable
>>
>>86340690
>by destroying a planet
Thats my point. They only did that to set up for the /pol/ joke. It didnt really mean much other than that. Part of the joke was that they assumed it was rick looking for their introspection, but then its juat drunk rick on an israel rant. There
>>
>>86340898
You sound mad

If you didn't like classic Rick and Morty humor, why keep watching the show?
>>
>>86340898
>4chan was at a high to fall from
>>
>>86340936
This wasn't classic. There was no nuance to anything. If you want to enjoy it, fine, but why pretend? who are you trying to convince?
>>
Im just grateful episode 2 seems to be an outlier. Holy shit it was so bad that these past 2 are actually masterpieces. Sure it has a few awkward parts, but lets just be happy the whole season isnt a complete wash.
>>
>>86340898

how i am i supposed to know i won't like drinking bleach unless i drink it
>>
>>86340923
It also set up the whole "hey look, these guys are mass murderers, so it's okay that Rick is killing them!" thing for the audience.

Again though, criticizing US defense budget spending on Israel and their influence in the US is extremely common on the left. It really wasn't pandering to /pol/
>>
>The entire point of this season is that female writers suck

>Post yfw reddit starts to understand this
>>
>>86341020
False Equivalence.
>>
>>86341078
UN*
>>
File: rick and morty4.jpg (137KB, 1434x826px) Image search: [Google]
rick and morty4.jpg
137KB, 1434x826px
>>86341020
you probably think you're clever but that was a stuipid comparison

>>86341104
though spouting phrases you have to google to find out the meaning of is a tad worse
>>
>>86341158

you sound edgy and mad
>>
>>86341100
It's Reddit, bro. I'm not going to act like this shithole is super enlightened, but at least a spade gets called a spade. Reddit always has and always will ride Justin Roiland's cock.
>>
>there will never be another Pickle Rick
>>
>>86341158
>Not going to college
Your lack of vocabulary isn't my fault.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3xxurI3Z-Y

go to 1:18

...he's not joking

justin is suffering
>>
>>86340511
>Are you saying you want the Family Guy equivalent of Quagmire sitting down with Brian and completely calling him out on his bullshit?
I'd rather they not confront the issue at all, but it's clearly the direction that the new writers want to take the series. I kind of just want to get it out of the way so we can carry the weight of it already having happened with us rather than tediously sit on our hands while their typical adventures are distracted by a problem that is latently hanging over our heads but never explicitly or satisfactorily addressed.
>>
>>86341078
yeah it is, but i feel as though the entire situation was made for the joke that even god level intellect mad scientist rick sanchez, the guy who makes entire universes to be his energy slaves and whatever else he does, is even afraid to be called an antisemite. i felt as though it was pandering simply due to the nature of his defensive rant, the "cmon dont make me say it"-line, and the "nobody wants to call them out" bit.
Obviously I could be reading too deep, but it all seemed so deliberate on their part.
>>
>>86339030
nah man, it was good
>>
Why do cartoonists have the shittiest taste in hip hop? Of all the MCs they chose Logic? I normally don't understand the hate for that show but that is reddit as fuck.
>>
That was a good episode, but Supernova was right

It's the faith in the Vindicators that keeps order
>>
>>86340936
Who said I didn't like classic Rick and Morty humor? It was at one point my favorite show on TV currently. Here's a concept for your 14 year old mind to grasp: People can like previous episodes and not like the newer ones, and vice versa.

>>86340949
Touche

>>86341020
Answer that question for us.
>>
>>86341208
Wait till season 4, they'll invent something equally as retarded to grab the normalfag's attention with something that can be turned into an easily digestible meme for free marketing.
>>
its a fucking cartoon you mongoloids

holy shit

you guys are worse than the game of thrones nerds
>>
>>86341304

I have a feeling you live a very, very lonely life
>>
>>86341330
Fuck of Dan. Go tend to your mannequin leg.
>>
>>86341330
>going to a thread on a website specifically dedicated to a show at 2 in the morning and insulting the people there specifically to discuss the show, for discussing the show

so do you go to football games as well and chide fans for watching? what the fuck are you doing there in the first place?
>>
That was the first episode of Rick and Morty that was legitimately bad to me. It almost didn't even feel like the same writers.
>>
>>86341250

>"We just fuckin... pooped it out like the -fuckin' piece of shit that it is y'know?..... anyways, enjoy it."

People are defending this.
>>
How does reddit feel that their god is now a canon anti-semite?
>>
File: robin hood.jpg (315KB, 1200x1553px) Image search: [Google]
robin hood.jpg
315KB, 1200x1553px
>>86341190
not really, not even a curse in that post

>>86341242
>you think not knowing a concept is the same as not knowing words
>>
>>86341462
Well considering /pol/ is mainly redditors I imagine not much will change.
>>
>>86340477
>rick, the smartest mammal in the universe, nihilistic alcoholic, gets terrified by the thought of people hearing him be an antisemite.

Even Rick fears the jew. It's meta, the jew controls his purse strings after all.
>>
>>86341496
but reddit isn't mainly /pol/
>>
>>86340914
And my opinion is that you can't focus on a bright, colourful, fast paced cartoon for less than half an hour, you should ask your parents to get you a prescription for Ritalin, and stop posting about something you literally, by your own admission, can't even sit through
>>
>>86339986
>He's always cared about stuff and struggled with expressing it.
>Remember the few mentions of Beth's mom?

I remember them unceremoniously leaving their real family behind and replacing them with stand-ins, and the creators seemingly forgetting Rick views them as disposable people and trying to wedge muh sentiment in there anyway.
>>
>>86341361
yet he can string together better responses than you
>>
>>86341527
oh brother
>>
>>86341496
>considering /pol/ is mainly redditors

You're pretty fucking dumb, even for a redditor.
>>
>>86338832

It was crap.

The Israel Joke was the only laugh in the whole episode.

Also I still don't get why the glowy bitch killed ant dude.
>>
>>86341614
stay triggered newfag
>>
>>86341548
im posting that i cant sit through it, to commiserate about what has been lost. if you don't like it, suck my cock, bitch.
>>
>>86341582
yeah man the overwhelming user base of reddit are white supremacists who voted trump, how could i forget. can you just admit you're retarded so we can end this dumb argument?
>>
The story was a rehash of the Anatomy Park episode, where R&M find themselves with a cast of characters that are parodying a movie, who all end up dying one by one whilst stuck in some location, with one of the characters being evil in the end.
>>
>rick has a device that will release a shockwave specifically if he is choked
>device doesnt go off when planet woman starts choking rick
bravo
>>
>>86341647

I know you think it's cool to use words that you see other people use but it's not really cutting unless you know what they mean.
>>
>>86341783

>introduce something for the purpose of a joke
>it's never called upon again
>forgotten
>>
>>86340898
Because it's always the same people bitching about how shit it is after every episode
>season 1
Rick and morty sucks
>season 2
Wow it really just keeps going downhill
>season 3
This is the worst show ever reee women writers

Fuck, enough
>>
File: 1501577889705.jpg (41KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
1501577889705.jpg
41KB, 396x382px
>>86339326
>>
>>86341661

Shows being unable to hold your attention is common nowadays, just means it's shit.

It's actually a well known thing nowadays, dunno what that fanboy is on about
>>
>>86341687
i'll admit you're retarded

>>>/r/etard
>>
>>86341775
Oh shit you're right, except there's no subplot in this one
>>
>>86341556
>Actually bothered to bring Morty with him when universe hopping and leaving the rest of his family behind
>The montage of happy memories he actually tears up during when Evil Rick has him on the table before Morty saves him
>Was going to sacrifice himself for Morty during the probability shit

The show has gotten a lot of mileage out of Rick having trouble expressing his affection for Morty.
>>
>>86341827
i dont think they even know how to write jokes tbqh
>>
>>86341786
Just stop. If you did not know that /pol/ was mainly comprised of redditors that migrated to the site from a specific subreddit celebrating a retarded orange, then you are obviously fucking new. Furthermore, if you couldn't detect the obvious influx of newfags unironically using terms like cringe and comfy you are obviously fucking new. You are the pot and the kettle. And you are obviously mad. Just go back.
>>
>>86342019

You don't honestly believe that do you?

If you do you are waaaaay behind.
>>
The fact that they put out a trailer for the episode talking about how much of a badass 'Worldender' is, and then Rick kills him blackout drunk offscreen is amazing. This episode was great.
>>
>>86342116
>If you do you are waaaaay behind.
>treating memes like social capital

Seriously go back right fucking now. Nobody wants you here
>>
>>86340742
this
>>
>>86342116
he is right tho. Even before the_d*nald took over it was raided for years by stormfront faggots. Just like muddy-buddies are infiltrating jewrope in hordes.
>>
>>86342163

You don't even know what your saying do you?

Hell you don't even know what I am saying.

Put the crack pipe down.
>>
>>86342222

It's always been compromised.
>>
>>86338832
Not as cringy as Pickle Rick but still unfunny and void of the fun shenanigans of the first two seasons... it was on par with the MadMax ep, which isn't saying much.
>>
>>86340718
Yes. Jerry is what helped keep the show grounded and balanced. Without Jerry it starts going off the rails.
>>
>>86342327
>Put the crack pipe down

Holy fuck seriously even your sense of humor is reddit tier.
>>
>>86341868
Season 3 is objectively the worst so far
>>
I miss when this show was just fun at times dark wacky space adventures. The show feels so cynical now
>>
File: 1494074156726.jpg (47KB, 619x453px) Image search: [Google]
1494074156726.jpg
47KB, 619x453px
>/tv/ likes this show now

I guess, reddit really killed this place after all...
>>
They've already long jumped the shark, these episodes are just painful to sit through
>>
>>86338832
Rick and Morty episode with RICK and MORTY as the main characters.
I'm noticing a trend here...
>>
what the hell..
>>
>>86339549
unironically kys virgin

or at least stop being an embarrassing fucking faggot on this board
>>
I tought it was garbage and boring as fuck.
Also it was tumblr vocabulary, who the fuck wrote this? the tumblerina newbies?
>>
Noticed the several race mixing couples too
>>
File: chuck bumps.webm (626KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
chuck bumps.webm
626KB, 720x404px
>>86339591
>did /tv/ sperg like this when
the answer is always yes
>>
>>86342840
t. obvious fucking redditor
>>
>>86342998
bet you where super triggered too
>>
>>86343069
?
The show is fucking terrible
>>
>>86342998
yeah fucking ant jews trying to take our star women
>>
File: 1502681961980.png (330KB, 541x476px) Image search: [Google]
1502681961980.png
330KB, 541x476px
>>86342989
>triggered
>tumblr vocabulary

jesus christ you fuckers will complain about anything
>>
>>86342636
getting real tired of rick getting his super badass comeback one liners every 3 minutes

like holy fuck no character can say anything without rick giving some fucking deadpan witty le epic got em' line. And on the rare occasion it gets turned around on him (and its almost always morty), and rick hesitates/gets an angry face and doesnt say anything its supposed to be an OH SHIT RICK REALIZES HE'S WRONG moment

its getting really fucking predictable
>>
File: laughing daisy.webm (700KB, 740x720px) Image search: [Google]
laughing daisy.webm
700KB, 740x720px
>>86343133
lol yep. confirmed for triggered.

you cringey sjws are hilarious. When does middle school start up again? Did you get a new trapper keeper?
>>
>>86339575
Kys
>>
File: ANYWAY YOU WANT IT.png (487KB, 861x487px) Image search: [Google]
ANYWAY YOU WANT IT.png
487KB, 861x487px
ANYWAY YOU WANT IT
>>
>>86343233
>getting real tired of the show being the fucking show it's always been
I'm getting real tired of all the tryhard contrarians that want to whine but have nothing significant to whine about
>>
>>86342019
>migrated to the site from a specific subreddit

You mean /pol/'s colony on reddit that became shit when it took the joke seriously? See also: anonymous.

You can't see cause and effect because you haven't been around here long enough to.

>if you couldn't detect the obvious influx of newfags

If you had two braincells you could go and look when the spikes in popularity came about, there are several, not to mention the regular flow of summer that's always been around.

You don't know jack shit about this of course because you're just another assblasted immigrant trying to tell regulars about their own home.
>>
File: MONGLER.png (791KB, 600x791px) Image search: [Google]
MONGLER.png
791KB, 600x791px
>>86343303

You absolute sweetie.
>>
File: quality.png (774B, 126x42px) Image search: [Google]
quality.png
774B, 126x42px
quality thread
>>
File: laughing hard.webm (773KB, 652x1080px) Image search: [Google]
laughing hard.webm
773KB, 652x1080px
>>86343682
>reddit spacing
>sweetie
>>
this episode was pretty mediocre desu

I can see why Harmon thinks it's the worse
>>
>>86339360
I stopped shitposting on /pol/ to shit post here, everyone here is far more insecure, half as smart and they always take the bait.
>>
>>86342542

So let me get this straight, after I called out your shit taste in humor your complete lack of understanding how this place even works, now you are trying to call ME reddit?

Cringe.
>>
>>86339211
they are an embarassment, and thats saying something in a place with a my little pony board
>>
>>86338832
was good.
>>
File: bacca laugh.webm (2MB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
bacca laugh.webm
2MB, 600x720px
>>86343831
>projecting this hard
>talking about /pol/ like it's your cult
>>
>>86343831

>Has it ever been more obvious that someone is reddit.

Fucking hell kid, I bet everyone just loves being around you.
>>
>heroes of color
>>
Anyone got a DL link? Thanks in advance!
>>
>>86343979
>>86343990
See, every fucking time.
>>
E1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> E4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> E2 > E3

e1 was fantastic - one of the best of the show.

e4 was alright.

other two were terrible.

Israel joke was okay.
>>
>>86340589
Just further proof that the people that complain about this stuff all the time have half-functioning brains.
>>
>>86344113
This guy is right.
>>
>>86341876
this
>>
File: 1502522382144.png (132KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
1502522382144.png
132KB, 554x400px
>>86338832
What I really liked about this episode was Mortys character development. No matter how hard he tried to be the "hero" or "good guy" the pull of Ricks nihilistic truths are almost gravitational in nature, forcing morty to think, act and start to become him just to avoid dying.

but it was shit compared to piCKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!! BOOM, I'M A PICKLE!!!! and 9/11 was an inside job.
>>
>>86343303
WHO IS THIS SPERM WORM?
>>
>>86338832
>Rick while black out drunk still retains his super genius intelligence enough to make bombs that can wipe out a solar system

How powerful is Rick on LSD?
>>
File: good kek.webm (696KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
good kek.webm
696KB, 800x450px
>>86344083
>people like to make fun of me and my obvious disorders when I unwittingly act retarded on an anonymous meme board for weirdos
>every
>fucking
>time.
almost like you're the entertainment or something
>>
File: chloe bennett spanke.webm (2MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
chloe bennett spanke.webm
2MB, 640x1136px
>>86344153
gal from agents of shilled
>>
>>86344193
your insecurity is showing.
>>
>>86338860
>On par with episode 1
No it wasn't. Episode 1 resolved several plot points and opened up a few new ones.

This episode pulled an entire super-group out of its ass and acted like they've been in the show before. It was semi back on track storywise but still had shit writing. Who the fuck were these super people. They had no backstory whatsoever. Morty has never mentioned these people before this episode and suddenly they are his childhood heroes? Nigger what!? And why the FUCK did that supernova bitch kill the million ant man that she 'loved'? Couple of characters doing stupid shit with no backstory to it that impact the episode in a big way.
>>
>>86340563
you thought that was funny, that's youtuber-tier comedy
>>
>>86344259
>Who the fuck were these super people
Nobody with half a brain cares about "superheroes"

That was the joke.
>>
>>86339173
>>86339173
>>86339369
>>86339369
Well it's probably because the people that are angry about the direction the show is taking now (i.e, a shit one) are sad to see that a good show is turning shit and are voicing their opinions about it.
>>
File: classic kek.webm (2MB, 990x1028px) Image search: [Google]
classic kek.webm
2MB, 990x1028px
>>86344242
it's funny because it's projection
>>
>>86344083

> I was only PRETENDING to be retarded
>It was I who had the upper hand! aha
>IT WAS A MEER JEST

You really are just a basic kid aren't you, go play outside.
>>
Did Rick fuck noobnoob? Why did he built the whole space ride for him and then the song was about noobnoob's dick?
>>
>>86340703
you forgot
>sterilizing entire male population

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>86344223
I like the blondie more.
>>
>>86344295
Superheroes are police on steroids.
>>
>>86339253
this
>>
>>86344349
So much projection, i can almost taste your autistic tears.
>>
>>86338832
take your reddit shit out of here

[[pepe the frog angry face]]
>>
>>86344433
>Superheroes are police on steroids.
No. Superheroes are an autistic manchild's nu-hero of myth and modernwashing of traditional aestetics with pop culture sci-fi shittery.
>>
File: pta kek.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
pta kek.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>when the not-at-all-insecure-or-projecting /pol/ kid stops giving me (you)s
>>
>>86338832
>actually decent
No.... it's just that the Pickle Rick ep lowered the bar so fucking far that anything they released after that would seem like an improvement... don't worry, season 3 still sucks
>>
>>86344295

>catering to 4chan is now the crutch of the series

I don't get the joke honestly.
>>
>>86341481
>furfags
of course, who else but a genetic reject subhuman could hold such worthless opinions?
>>
>>86341868
Season 3 is when everyone complained, and rightfully so
>>
>>86344452

You are really, really obvious right now.

I can tell you are crying, we all can.
>>
That episode was pretty fucking solid.
>>
>>86344504
No retard superheroes are law enforcers with powers so police on steroids.
>>
>>86339071
Good? /pol/ is the most cancerous board
>>
>>86344651
they all are. It's a good show in spite of the tryhard children that need to anonymously stress that they're better than a cartoon
>>
>>86344113
More like 1>>>>>4>2>3 not too much distinguish between the latter 3
>>
>>86344669

>>>/co/
>>>/v/
>>>/lgbt/
>>>/mlp/

You have to go back reddit
>>
>>86343542
same, I can't believe people dedicate so much time to defending this show just to be contrarians. I mean it's literally shit
>>
File: evens hahaaa stop.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
evens hahaaa stop.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>86339071
>That's why I don't come here anymore.
Good fuck off faggot. Nobody likes your cringey safe space and they will always make fun of it and you.

You're in a cult you know.
>>
>>86344663
That's so shallow you should probably kill yourself.
>>
Boring episode
>>
>>86344766
Didn't /pol/ get forced to merge with /mlp/ then they started calling them a good board because they thought they were "redpilling" ponyautists?
lmao
>>
It's missing the secondary plot. The "Beth-Jerry (and sometimes Summer)" plot was what kept us grounded to issues that are "normal" in their universe. Something that fixes that hole has to happen for this season to succeed in the end.

Tell me how I'm wrong.
>>
>>86344786
No! >:|
>>
>>86344786
they generally are though. There are very few heroes fighting to upset the natural order of things. That's kind of the entire commentary of the tdk trilogy. Most capeshit is about special people preserving order and fighting crime, while rarely focusing on fighting the social conditions that lead to crime. They're juiced up cops.
>>
I'm definitely at the point where I'm not going to wait for a decent episode much longer. Ridiculous how much the show has declined in such a short span of time.
>>
>>86339071
>the first and second most Reddit boards whine incessantly about the third most Reddit board
Even /co/ isn't this bad.
>>
>>86339331
dont forget the end when the mom and sister show up just to make smug little put downs and one liners about the main characters
>>
Better than episode 3
>>
>>86344840
Subplots should be left as an option, because the concept they were exploring was already interesting enough that changing to the Earth or some other "normal" setting would have just been annoying or timewasting. And I'd say the Saw thing Rick built has just enough non-sci-fi Elements that it's not too crazy with the mumbo jumbo.
>>
>>86344831
They thought it was good because all the redditors (like yourself) left in butthurt.
>>
>>86344776
You sound and act like a redditor.
Guarantee a few years ago you'd be the faggot newfag derailing threads by whining about the /b/ boogieman.
>>
File: 1491450672026.jpg (90KB, 576x736px) Image search: [Google]
1491450672026.jpg
90KB, 576x736px
>>86345048
Thanks for the good discussion of the episode, nigger.
>>
>>86344966
Episode 3 brough us some collective fun.

This one was just bad.
>>
Pretty boring. There were no jokes. Drunk Rick organizing a series of traps is interesting but all these random characters interacting makes no sense and the "traps" were boring

Who cares about these people
>>
I actually couldn't keep my attention for more than 5 minutes. The scene with the chick betraying the antpile? Guy just confused me, but im not le intellectual. This was probably just as bad as the other 2 but had enough rick and morty airtime to seem decent. This show has taken a terrible turn and i blame it on the fans treating it like the second coming... come on im literally more excited for new family guy or american dad
>>
>>86344882
Not really conflicting with what I said.
>>
I just don't understand why it became so self aware about everything so suddenly, it's like they felt the urge to wrap up everything in an unsatisfying manner. Characters that were balancing the show (Jerry, Summer) are now either gone or being another Rick's pawn.

I don't get it, why does it miss the point so much?
>>
>>86345120
Episode 3 was just so filled with self-jerking "Nihilism is cool and we're so smart" and except for good animation during the fights there wasn't much to get from. This was exploring a concept and was pretty solid in that regard. Playing with expectations from the viewer and felt overall like the episodes that kind of defined the show in the beginning in the previous seasons.
>>
File: activated almonds.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
activated almonds.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>86345048
>You sound and act like a redditor.
Its funny because you're reading. I "sound" like the voice in your head you fucking idiot. Sick cognitive dissonance though.
>Guarantee a few years ago you'd be the faggot newfag derailing threads by whining about the /b/ boogieman.
Guarantee a few years ago I was right here making fun of of your dipshit predecessors. Thyme is a flat circle. You retards getting triggered and washing out are a constant.

Why do you think you have to create all these fictions? All these lies you have to tell yourself? Intellectually honest people don't have to rely on fabricating boogieman fallacies to get through the day.
>>
Weak ep, I had 2 good laughs.
>Rick scared of jews
>Morty in kidie rocket
Weakes so far, that beta fatso from trailer was good indication.
>"We just fuckin... pooped it out like the -fuckin' piece of shit that it is y'know?..... anyways, enjoy it."
This should be the title.
>>
it was okay
>>
File: 1458217701965.gif (45KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1458217701965.gif
45KB, 499x499px
>knowingly watching or acknowledging anything involving women that isnt cunny
you all need to go back
>>
>>86345355
Fuck off Justin, suck my cock and stop looking here for fuel.
>>
who the fuck is noobnoob?

good ep
>>
Still shit but not as shit as episode 2
>>
>>86342636
this. what the FUCK
>>
>>86342636
I just rewatched the Pilot to refresh the memory and fucking this. In comparision it's whacky, dangerous and non-sensensical fun space adventure with a maniac. Now Rick's character is all "the world is so shitty and I have to prove it". Pretty predictable and it's getting kind of exhausting with the edge.
>>
>>86344931
you got a serious emasculation complex, anon
>>
It was boring. Its just going through the motions. Rick and Morty goes on an adventure but now we know they go on adventures so they are all jaded and blasé about it.
lol Morty has just disarmed soooo many bombs lol
lol Rick rants about Israel when he is drunk lol
lol the big bad was no trouble for Rick lol
The show started taking itself too seriously and thats when everything starts falling apart.

Why should we care that Morty gets disillusioned, again, when even he doesn't care. We can't emotionally invest in something the characters themselves have no investment in. There's just no point to the show so far this season.
>>
>>86345809
There were so many shitty jokes you could've used to make your point, but you just had to use best ones to signal how you don't like it. Try again pal, your post is a bit too transparent.
>>
>>86345857
He has a point though, are you seriously not getting it? They did everything to make the execution of the jokes as sub-par as possible with the retarded attitude surrounding them.
>>
>>86338832
I thought the first saw death was pretty funny. I also liked Morty showing how accustomed he to immobilising ricks devices after his blackouts.

I dunno. Call me a cuck or something.
>>
>mfw

>>>/co/

Actually had better discussion until I linked all the /tv/ kids too it.

>shiiiiiieeeeeeeeet,
>>
>>86345419
>cunny
Tell that to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, pal.
>>
>>86345809
putting dickhead lols around everything isn't an argument. And it's funny that you'd accuse the show of being jaded and blasé in jaden and blasé: the post.
>The show started taking itself too seriously and thats when everything starts falling apart.
but you just said it was being jaded and blasé
>Why should we care that Morty gets disillusioned, again, when even he doesn't care.
First, this is a meme critique. Second, why should you care about anything? It's a fucking cartoon and life has no objective meaning and god is a superstition.
>We can't emotionally invest in something the characters themselves have no investment in.
again just memespeak with no evident connection to anything. It's an episode explicitly about Morty being invested in the adventure and getting subverted when drunk Rick becomes the antagonist. If you failed to pick up on the blatant fucking subtext of their emotional relationship or the blunting effect of repeated traumatic stress, that's not necessarily the fucking show's fault.
>>
>>86345857

You defending the show might actually be a better joke than the entire season combined kiddo.
>>
>>86343651
Nice try reddit.
>>
way better than 2 and 3
>>
>>86341250
His show designed to annoy big executives became corporate.
WHAT A TWEEST
>>
It was luke-warm. Better than episodes 2 or 3 but still one of the less good episodes overall.

The ONLY good episode this season was episode one, which was written by Mike McMahan , a writer from seasons 1 and 2.

Episodes 2 , 3 and 4 have all been written by new writers who are women
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_and_Morty_(season_3)
And they've ALL been bad or just average

Why don't they get Ryan Ridley, Matt Roller, Mike McMahan and Tom Kauffman to write the episodes?
Thank goodness apparently next episode will be written by Ryan Ridley

Hopefully they'll start using more of the good writers from seasons 1 and 2 as the season goes on and the episodes get more important.
Maybe they're just getting the diversity hires out of the way now.

I wonder how the new female writers feel knowing that their best efforts are STARKLY less funny than the Ryan Ridley, Kauffman, Mcmahan, Roller and others? They must realise, right?
>>
File: I just don't know anymore.webm (688KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
I just don't know anymore.webm
688KB, 1000x563px
>>86338832
It didn't really have much of an effect on me.

It's not even about the lack of good jokes anymore as much as it is the lack of creative story lines.
>>
>>86344383
because he laughed at his jokes
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_and_Morty_(season_3)
>1 "The Rickshank Rickdemption" Mike McMahan
>2 "Rickmancing the Stone" Jane Becker
>3 "Pickle Rick" Jessica Gao
>4 "Vindicators 3: The Return of Worldender" Sarah Carbiener & Erica Rosbe

Notice anything, /tv/??
>>
>>86340898
This is what happens when you let Redditors onto your board. You could've nipped this in the bud 2 years ago by bullying out everyone who discussed this show. Instead you decided to meme about Pickle Rick which opened the floodgates to people who genuinely like it and didn't realize you were mocking them. Congrats, you killed your board.
>>
somebody got a link to the live action troll that aired when the episode was supposed to air?
>>
File: 1479320721621.jpg (308KB, 1920x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1479320721621.jpg
308KB, 1920x1076px
why do they show pedo sex?
>>
File: tim tod.gif (880KB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
tim tod.gif
880KB, 420x236px
>>86345293
>Its funny because you're reading. I "sound" like the voice in your head you fucking idiot.
holy fuck thats a full blown btfo out desu senpai
>>
>>86346088
Lol fag
>>
File: 1439486922904.png (723KB, 643x2591px) Image search: [Google]
1439486922904.png
723KB, 643x2591px
>>86346429
>>
File: 1491212453262.jpg (398KB, 1920x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1491212453262.jpg
398KB, 1920x1076px
the burnete whore is alison brie, right?
>>
>>86346375
With the start of season 3 was heading was starting to think they should rename the show to Summers wacky adventures featuring Rick and sometimes morty
>>
>>86338832
Honestly this might have been one of my favorite episodes.

There was no boring subplot that was completely unrelated to the main story.
Competent and jaded Morty is a much better contrast then the stuttering retard we had a while ago.
Jokes were on fucking point.
"Did he just say 3 for 3?"
"Did he just say he never forgets a kid?"

The idiots who hated this episode probably thought that "Raising Gazorpazorp" was a good episode.
>>
>>86339253
same, i feel as if the old content was more in depth and tacked on to the scientific themes like biology, time and space, reality etc..
>>
>>86340619
I missed that. Where was it?
>>
File: 1475253929288.jpg (312KB, 1920x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1475253929288.jpg
312KB, 1920x1076px
what kind of god let thishappen
>>
>>86346491
>"Go back to tumblr and be offended by everything over there"
>she does it
Brilliant
>>
File: approval.webm (833KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
approval.webm
833KB, 1280x720px
theres a lot of good /pol/ and /r9k/ buttblasting ITT
>>
Bojack will save western animation.
>>
>>86340477
Even an intergalatic criminal like Rick is afraid of the jew
>>
File: mortyadventure.png (1MB, 1305x693px) Image search: [Google]
mortyadventure.png
1MB, 1305x693px
This...
I love how the writers keep inter-episode continuity down to a T, this is the exact number of episodes from the last time Morty got to choose his last adventure, what your witnessing is the few writers/artists integrity put into action.

Also *insert general comment on how shit this TV show is going cos i am high maintenance edgelord*
>>
>>86340716
>Rick showing more emotional shit out of character

it was subverted, Rick only cares about people who laugh at his jokes

that means reddit. reddit is more important to Rick than Morty
>>
>>86340834
No, you're just noticing now that all the Hollywood jews all think, act and write the same. The point when you know you're ruined is when you start to notice every single commercial now has colored people or mixed in a sexual matter towards each other, when just 10 years ago, it was rare to see a single black person in an entire commercial break.
>>
File: 1501060968041.jpg (207KB, 1920x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1501060968041.jpg
207KB, 1920x1076px
>>
>>86341783
it was one time use only and it reacted to nigger skin
>>
File: dude science lmao.jpg (116KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
dude science lmao.jpg
116KB, 960x960px
>>86346293
That explains the rise in randumb humor attempts and pop culture references replacing bizarre and alien dimensions. It's like the only reason the portals exist anymore is to create SICK pop references.

The deterioration from season 1 to 3 is staggering. It's like watching mid of run South Park turn into Family Guy.
>>
>>86342222
This

pol used to be full of Ron Paul supporters, that means libertarians not authoritarian nazi faggots
>>
File: 1476737464101.jpg (241KB, 1920x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1476737464101.jpg
241KB, 1920x1076px
sorry, the shot of the pussy is this one
>>
>>86338832
That season is terrible so far, I feel like watching the very first episodes, back when I wondered if this show was good or shit, then turned out to be decent, then turned to total garbage this season.
>>
rick being the villain was the only interesting idea in this episode. all the jokes were terrible. they even made an edgy joke about Israel lame.

i think they have run out of ideas and jokes. are there different writers or something?
>>
>>86347139
>Those tattoos

Jesus christ. I do love how he seems unconsciously aware of how embarrassing his antifa one is with that tanktop
>>
>>86346088
>but you just said it was being jaded and blasé
The show can take itself too seriously while the characters can be jaded and blasé. In fac I'd say the show taking itself too seriously, that is the writers thinking its a show about smart people so we must also be smart, is the exact thing that makes the characters jaded and blasé.
>First, this is a meme critique. Second, why should you care about anything?
Its a literary device to have a character go through something to spark something in the reader to create a bond. That is what makes a good character. A childhood pet dying, the experience of first love, the first touch of human skin. Its the fumble and exploring of the world surrounding a character that makes us connect with them. Even in a cartoon. When the writers are setting up Morty as our vessel, the everyman, they want us to connect through the show by Morty. That's why the ending is a bait and switch, we are supposed to think Morty finally gets to hear that Rick cares about him, we are to be touched by this. Because its our naivety that we can break a stone cold heart as well. But we can't invest if it treats its subject matter as dirt. You can't setup Morty being disappointed if Morty doesn't give two fucks about being disappointed to begin with.
>It's an episode explicitly about Morty being invested in the adventure and getting subverted when drunk Rick becomes the antagonist. If you failed to pick up on the blatant fucking subtext of their emotional relationship or the blunting effect of repeated traumatic stress, that's not necessarily the fucking show's fault.
But it is the shows fault because it doesn't carry that weight to any conclusion. So what if Rick becomes the antagonist? It has no bearing, there is no point in investing anything in it. No humor, no surprise, not feeling like 'This character sure is an asshole' because the characters themselves don't really care.
Its like a Punch and Judy puppet theatre, punch punch punch.
>>
>>86340589
>>86340834
how did you not understand that they were poking fun at all this SJW stuff. you have to be really thick to not get that they were backhandedly mocking it and not encouraging it
>>
>>86346340
wtf really? Just because of that?
>>
>>86339360
>Noone ever goes "hurr durr im from /pol/ xd"
wtf are you talking about? /pol/ fags always make it obviously clear where they're from.
>>
>>86347297
although saying that the jokes were not funny and pretty tame. also too many in a short space of time. politics needs to be kept to a minimum in a
>>
>>86340447

I don't know why, but this scene had my side in orbit. Gets chopped in half, rocket boots activate and his legs are just flying all over the place forcing the mecha croc guy to blow it up.

That and the carnival ride Morty rides at the end just to hear Rick really cares for the janitor who he totally forgets about at the end of the episode.

The show is completely balls to the wall bat-shit insane. And I fucking love every second of it.
>>
100x better than episodes 2 and 3. This actually felt like a real Rick and Morty episode. Not one of the greatest, but at least it felt like a part of the show and not some shit that someone on /reddit/ made up.

Also it was making fun of Capeshit so that's always a plus.
>>
>>86340578
I laughed a lot more here than the last few.
>>
File: 1496200187052.png (141KB, 500x564px) Image search: [Google]
1496200187052.png
141KB, 500x564px
>>86346491
Holyshit, is Goyland one of us?
>>
>>86346505
'member when Summer was just an average dumb teenager girl and not the voice of reason in the show?
>>
>>86338832
1 > 4 > 3 (first 5 min was hillarious tough) >>>>>> 2
>>
>>86340589
This is Rick and Morty hate in a nutshell. Criticizing the moments without seeing that said moments are there for ironic effect. It's like the fags who criticized season 1 for having a catchphrase.
>>
>>86346491
That Ashley, what an insufferable cunt. If I were Justin I would not have replied to her comments at all. It's like:
A: do u support pedophilia?
B: wtf? no ofcourse not.
A: I think you support it and you shouldn't.
B: no, I don't. Shut up.
A: make me!
B: gosh I so want to punch something right now.
A: "dear tumblr, B threataned me with violence today because I pointed out that he supports paedophilia!"
>>
>>86347451
story is that he tried shilling his show on /co/ by talking about how shit it was and everyone agreed and that made him kinda sad
>>
>>86347102
in an alternate universe summer and morty in a healthy relationship
>>
>>86347283
Even people in deep denial can feel when something isn't quite right.
>>
File: tumblr_mxljqsM9rn1r9zy3co1_400.gif (369KB, 312x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxljqsM9rn1r9zy3co1_400.gif
369KB, 312x500px
>>86347529
Yeah, its called confirmation bias.

If you the writers were anonymous none of you'd not notice and eat this shitty show like you did last 2 seasons.
>>
>>86347529
people say this is a bad thing but from his perspective he's working at a reverse harem
>>
>>86347369
please tell me youre not being serious?
>>
>>86347292
>In fac I'd say the show taking itself too seriously, that is the writers thinking its a show about smart people so we must also be smart
this seems like something a dumb person would say
> is the exact thing that makes the characters jaded and blasé.
The entire joke at the beginning is that Morty gets to use his punch card for 10th adventure and can do what he wants. He's weary but he's still optimistic. And Rick has literally always been jaded and blasé so you're still failing to nail home a point.
>Its a literary device to have a character go through something to spark something in the reader to create a bond.
No shit. Punch card. It's a 22 minute show. Morty is the protagonist. We watch a comedy about his hopes and aspirations being belligerently sabotaged for no reason by his abusive drunk grandpa/clone. You saying the meme criticism, and then you demonstrating that you know the definition, isn't an argument.
>But we can't invest if it treats its subject matter as dirt.
Your problem. Maybe stick with contemporary Simpsons or something.
>You can't setup Morty being disappointed if Morty doesn't give two fucks about being disappointed to begin with.
Youre blaming your inability to follow the first act of a 22 minute cartoon on the cartoon
>But it is the shows fault because it doesn't carry that weight to any conclusion
It did.
>So what if Rick becomes the antagonist?
This means nothing.
> It has no bearing, there is no point in investing anything in it.
Then don't? What? It's a cartoon about abusive relationships. The relationship between Rick and Morty HAS evolved over the series to the point where you complain about how Morty is too "blasé" remember?
>No humor
said the humorless tryhard
>no surprise
by what standard?
>not feeling like 'This character sure is an asshole' because the characters themselves don't really care.
all the ones that cared died. Maybe kind of the point of subverting the capeshit genre?

meme criticism 101
>>
>>86342494
Yeah this season only the first episode was really good. After that was meh. I'm still waiting for the hinted return of evil morty or something cool to happen. I actually liked the Galactic Federation and the Council of Ricks as recurring themes. But they had to destroy both and not giving any recurring enemy in return. Even the Phoenix Person didn't appear yet.
>>
>>86347636
i liked this episode with rick being more evil than the most evil guy in the universe
>>
>>86347694
also on how stupid capeshit is
>>
My main gripe with this season is how they feel the need to spoon feed us every single one of Rick's inner thoughts.
Having the therapist deconstruct Rick and having Morty point out Rick's jealousy is genuinely terrible writing.
>>
>>86347515
Back when all we had was the pilot? Nah.
>>
>>86347515
no he tried to argue how it was shit so he could get the reasons why the people who like it like it
>>
>>86347694
I felt that it was just an episode aimed at poking fun at superhero franchises. It was alright but not 'omg I love it 10/10". Similar to the ones poking fun at postapocalyptic genres and at spy/assasin genres. Basically all 3 latest episodes poke fun at movies. Meme episodes. Kind of lazy imho, I want to see adventures and weird shit, like in the first 2 seasons.
>>
File: Quality sense of humor.png (204KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Quality sense of humor.png
204KB, 1280x720px
>>86347587
How is it confirmation bias when it's a complaint that sprung up specifically when these people got hired, and can be verified through the credits?

Also people never really ate the show up the last 2 seasons, there were always mixed opinions on it. The difference is the show stood on its own in season 1 and has very clearly and noticeably degenerated as more writers get hired who are very clearly not competent, or don't understand what made the show work in the eyes of the viewers that got it kicked off.
>>
>>86347842
nah, the second episode they just wanted to do an post-apocalypse episode
this episode is about how capeshit takes a shit long time to deal with a bad guy when they could've just bullshitted and fixed the situation in 5 seconds
>>
>>86347906
>nah, the second episode they just wanted to do an post-apocalypse episode
But don't you feel that it's very mad-max like? It's a mad max parody. Basically poking fun at post apocalyptic genre.
>>
>>86347956
just because it's a parody of a popular movie doesn't mean they're poking fun at a genre
they made the episode because they thought it'd be cool
>>
>>86347874
None of it is funny and Sarah is ugly.
>>
>>86348010
Nothing worg with poking fun at a genre. That's what satire is.
>>
>>86348053
it wasn't satire it was a parody
>>
>>86348069
It's both.
>>
>>86348069
There's no difference.
>>
>>86347529
and all 3 of the female-written episodes so far are worse than the average quality of the first 2 seasons.
>>
>>86348256
To reddit with you.
>>
File: face extinguisher.webm (3MB, 888x500px) Image search: [Google]
face extinguisher.webm
3MB, 888x500px
>>86348552
sick comeback brah
>>
>>86348734
That's not a comeback you retard.
>>
File: maniac carsplosion.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maniac carsplosion.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>86348777
duuude killing it with comebacks
>>
>>86338832
actually felt like rick and morty
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.