[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/who/ - Doctor Who General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 387
Thread images: 35

File: GhostLight.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
GhostLight.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
Ghost Light Edition

Previously on /who/: >>84262411
>>
This is the first time since Heaven Sent Moffat has written a good episode. How the hell did he do it?
>>
Moffat stole the idea for his next episode from Star wars the Clone Wars episode ''the deserter'' Literally a farm house attacked by metallic droids.
>>
File: the doctor falls.jpg (356KB, 2048x1416px) Image search: [Google]
the doctor falls.jpg
356KB, 2048x1416px
>>84265473
It'll be ruined by the following like always.
>>
This reminds me of Heaven Sent/Hell Bent
GOAT opening episode, followed by cancerous moffuckery in the second. Fire up those jet boots, kiddos, it's time Mondasian Cybermen had some flight lessons.
>>
>>84265441
>He's had a horrible track record with episodes for Doctor Who, but Broadchurch is good so I dunno, I'm trying to stay positive

It's kind of a meme. 42 isn't bad at all, it's just forgettable because the rest of the series is too great. All of his episodes suffered by production fuckups. When he's in charge he'll be able to control things.
>>
File: Kris-Marshall.jpg (37KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
Kris-Marshall.jpg
37KB, 615x409px
>what's the point of posting on this thread when it's driven by squeakers and outcasts on Discord thread
>>
>>84265433
I'd like to pin Ace up against a wall.
>>
>>84265444
the best episodes of the RTD era were dark ones. and capaldi has had plenty of fun episodes and silly stuff, he used sonic sunglasses like all of last series.

how the fuck is farting aliens a meme? they literally fart the whole episodes and its shit. how can you defend shit like farting aliens and then have the audacity to say the current stuff is bad? FUCK OFFERINO.
>>
>>84265504
Eh I didn't mean it was bad per se, just...forgettable.
>>
>>84265504

I'd honestly take Chibnall's mediocrity over Moffat's retarded self-wanking shit any day of the fucking week.
>>
>>84265555
You hate Doctor Who.
You literally hate it and still watch it in the sake of contrarianism. Now rid the universe of your filth.
>>
Series 11 = Great Vampires
Series 12 = A creepy being claiming to be god .
>>
>>84265589
what? are you replying to the wrong person? i'm defending the show not shitting on it.
>>
>>84265473
By rehashing shit from RTD's era, and himself.

But don't worry, like always, the second part will make the first retroactively shit
>>
Doctor Who needs to go back to the good old days of The Doctor fighting an invisible monster with a stick.
>>
File: C5XsArnXAAAqR0k.jpg large.jpg (460KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C5XsArnXAAAqR0k.jpg large.jpg
460KB, 1536x2048px
>>84265594
this is the shit that Delgado-era Master used to do lol
i remember reading this Delgado-era story once where he turned Ace into a limbless quadruple amputee with a carry handle between her tits literally just so he could make the pun "Carry Ace" and it was perfectly in character

i love it
>>
>>84265609
No, I'm replying to the right person.
>>
>>84265555
>they literally fart the whole episodes and its shit.

Have you ever been diagnosed for autism?
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>84265493
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!!!
>>
>>84265641
Everyone is autistic on some level, you fuckstick.
>>
>>84265504
>The Power of Three
production fuckups alone can't explain that episode
>>
>>84265555
>literally
No they don't. It's the same thing as if you said "Capaldi is LITERALLY playing guitar for the whole episode in TMA"
>>
File: 1415507814153.png (90KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1415507814153.png
90KB, 700x700px
>>84265441
>Power of Three
>terrible
but it was comfy as shit
>>
>>84265672
Why? It was meant to be a two-parter, but in last two weeks he was said that lol it's not.
Also you can google and read about Shakri actor being a massive dick.
>>
>>84265664

Is that a yes, then? Because it seems like it.
>>
How the actual fuck are they going to explain away--or not, knowing Moffat, Missy not remembering this happening.
>>
>>84265726
Probably the same way as they did with Ashildr
Missy is too old and a lot of time has passed
>>
>>84265641
but that's what happens.
also they looked silly and weren't even scary.

>>84265726
missy is the current master, she only knows about it now.
>>
sorry about the delay

watched World Enough and Time, holy fucking shit what a finale, what a masterful cliffhanger

that cold open oh my god and Capaldi's hair looks fucking epic

Simm's disguise looked a bit like an Igor-looking Eccleston desu

Bill got fucking wasted - is she confirmed bye bye or is Moffat gonna find a way to unMoffuck this one

so hype for next week
>>
>>84265702
It was dumb and stupid with a shitty rushed conclusion
>>
inb4 they don't explain how Simm Master got here or why he's not on Gallifrey or why is lightning hands body isn't constantly dying and turning into a skeleton
>>
File: skinner.jpg (21KB, 599x330px) Image search: [Google]
skinner.jpg
21KB, 599x330px
>>84265710
Whose fucking idea was it to make all of series 7 standalone episodes? It had to be Skinner's, right?
>>
Imagine how good the episode would have been if we didn't know the master was in it and we didn't know it was the mondasian cybermen
>>
Doctor gives Bill regeneration energy to unconvert her. Screenshot this post.
>>
>>84265710
You need a damn good reason to make a two parter. There was nothing going on in that episode to warrant a two-parter. What the fuck would the cliffhanger have been? The cubes turning into dodecahedrons?
>>
could someone give me a webm of the end credits, I just want to revel in seeing John Simm's name again
>>
>>84265767
Moffat has confirmed Bill is dead, but there was a lot of confirmation Clara was dead when the bird flew at her
>>
>>84265808
Um... villain reveal.
Cubes activating.
A lot of stuff.
In fact the entirety of part 2 was squeezed into the last 5 minutes.
>>
>>84265726

How are they going to explain Simm Master automatically knowing Missy was his future incarnation?

They won't explain either. Moffat is a hack.
>>
Capaldi is a God tier Doctor being wasted on shitty seasons. This episode was great but The Eaters of Light was fucking terrible, Empress of Mars was bad and the Monks three-parter was meh. I really, really hate Moffat.
>>
>>84265874
>rating the monks trilogy higher than the ice warrior episode
literally what the fuck
>>
File: DVDGra11b.png (195KB, 561x416px) Image search: [Google]
DVDGra11b.png
195KB, 561x416px
>>84265757
>Missy is the currant master.
>Therefor she must be unaware of something her past self did.
wat?
>>
>>84265866
Timelords can feel each other or some shit
It was established during RTDs run
>>
>>84265808
>What the fuck would the cliffhanger have been? The cubes turning into dodecahedrons?
Would be almost as GOAT as the cliffhanger for Death to the Daleks Part 3
>>
>>84265874
>This episode was great
> I really, really hate Moffat.
I don't get it
>>
>original cybbers making the RTD era footstomp hydraulic noise
>>
The Eaters of Light was a light, fun episode; you know, the kind of thing Doctor Who needs after having a long line of shit dramatic episodes like the Monks ones.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcX3Uh-Td6I
>>
>>84265892
Missy will remember after this happens.

But Simm will go on and forget everything, become Missy who'll still only remember things from her own perspective.

Why a video recording device can't be used to get around this, no idea
>>
>>84265874
>The Eaters of Light was fucking terrible
>Empress of Mars was bad
wrong
>>
>>84265890
Name one good thing about that episode besides the appearance of the Ice Warriors. Some fanservice doesn't excuse bad writing. The Monks episodes weren't good but they didn't annoy me as much as Empress of Mars.
>>
>>84265843
>but there was a lot of confirmation Clara was dead when the bird flew at her

was there? i remember the doctor who magazine cover of her as a waitress came out before the episode. also when did moffat confirm? i mean hes not gonna say shes alive if shes in the next ep.

>>84265892
only the current incarnations remember.
the earlier ones forget multi incarnation stuff.
>>
>>84265866
Moffat seems keen on bridging some continuity snafus, re: he was probably the only one keen to film scenes of 8 regenerating into hurt, and hurt into 9, but with the Master, it'd be a futile effort. we haven't seen the majority of Master regens, and we don't even really know which regen number Missy even is

you're not likely to get a lot of explanation for why Simm is back next week because the end of time pretty well wrote him out of the series. they might do a meta-tongue-in-cheek nod to refusing to explain why, in fact
>>
>>84265919
>light
yes
>fun
no

It was really pointless and badly paced though.
>>
>>84265866
It was explained you dingus
>>
File: autistic stomping.jpg (73KB, 405x406px) Image search: [Google]
autistic stomping.jpg
73KB, 405x406px
>>84265917
Can't wait for them to fly despite lacking any appearance of being able to.
>>
File: 1491268540297.gif (477KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1491268540297.gif
477KB, 500x280px
Who's fault was the robotic Cybermen? Rachael Taylay? Moffat?
>>
List of propaganda nonsense on this episode

Doctor advocates for veganism

That is all
>>
>>84265945
It was a fun romp with enjoyable character interactions

The monks episodes (pyramid and lie particularly) were so full of absolutely idiotic logic and decisions to the point that there was next to nothing to be enjoyed at all
>>
>>84265968
What are those cords coming off the second and third cybers?
>>
>>84265911
ONE good episode doesn't excuse the rest of this season. Moffat has undeniably written a few good episodes but he has written a ton of shit and as the showrunner he has approved some awful scripts. He's a hack that gets lucky every once in a while.
>>
They're still on the spaceship
The reason all the different cibber forms exist is they'll be going through all the different floors of the spaceship, and with each new floor they reach cybermen that are more technologically advanced (and therefore happen to look like the different nuwho cyberman variants)
>>
>>84265968
>Mondasian Cybermen
what a nerdy reference. still, a hell of a refreshing break from what the Cybermen have become in the new series
>turn the Mondasian Cybermen into uber-capable killing machines
what was the point of using them, then
>bring back current-series Cybermen
for fuck's sake
>>
>>84265956
>It was explained you dingus

When?
>>
>>84265892
Hey, if you're gonna get all nitpicky about discrepancies involving how The Master works, can we go in chronological order and start with just how the hell he escaped Planet of Fire's ending?
>>
Saw the Doctor Falls.

The following Happens

The farm and countryside is located in the midship. The people there are descendants of the expedition from the bottom part of the ship to the top, but they never made it to the top.

The Cybermen turn on SImm and Missy for that matter and the two Masters retreat with the Doctor to the middle part of the ship.

Simm and Missy have a massive argument as to whether to help the Doctor or not.

Simm is still full of hatred for the Doctor, but he eventually comes around and helps fight off the Cybermen.

When the Cybermen are defeated Simm changes his mind and tries to shoot the Doctor but Missy jumps in front of the shot gets shot. Simm, before Missy if completely incapacitated she shoots simm back. They both caused each others regeneration. Simm regenerates into Missy and runs away. Missy sacrifices herself by destroying the ship manually.

Doctor has been holding back his own regeneration since Oxygen. But his injuries during the battle of the farmhouse mean he can't hold it back anymore.

Bill and Nardole both die.

He regenerates briefly into Kris Marshall in that snow scene before snapping back. Another Tardis appears alongside him and the first Doctor pops out. Cue Cliffhanger.
>>
>>84266026
Why would the others be more technologically advanced?

If anything the cybermen at the bottom should be the most advanced. Their society would be the "oldest", everything above would be shittier and shittier until you just find regular humans and then eventually that blue guy
>>
>>84266062
Go watch again lazy fuck
>>
>>84265799
Moffat's. If you disagree with him you get "Erased from Doctor Who! *autistic screeching*"
>>
>>84265953
>pointless
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>84265433
Ghost Light is shit
>>
>>84265589
Oh boy, haven't seen "people who like series 9 actually hate Doctor Who" anon in a while. Still tipping your fedora, I see.
>>
>>84266062
Simm watched the TV screen for years and eventually copped that Missy was him.
>>
>>84266062
How about when he spent years watching her on a screen for a few minutes?
>>
>>84266013
What cords?
>>
>>84266076
So they go back to the tardis first then make their way back down through the levels, at which point technology has advanced further
can you think of another reason for all the different cibber types to show up that doesn't involve them all conveniently responding to the distress signal?
>>
>Hello, Missy. I'm the master. And I'm very worried about my future. If I wanted a pair of tits I'd kidnapp a stripper.
>>
>>84266072
>Doctor has been holding back his own regeneration since Oxygen. But his injuries during the battle of the farmhouse mean he can't hold it back anymore.

It was believable until there
>>
>>84266100
no
>>
so....this is a genesis of the daleks scenario, the Doctor can't wipe out these cybermen shits because if he does history will be altered far too much

what asspull will he use to defeat them then?
>>
I unironically didn't pick up on whatshisface being Simm until he confronts Missy. Am I stupid??
>>
>>84266113
Might be an empty shell casing, the dongle looking thing flying to the right of their heads.
>>
>>84266139
yes
it's the most clusterfuck "what the hell is even going on" classic story
>>
>>84265943
>implying WE WUZ ROMANZ was a good episode
>>
>>84266144
Just letting the ship get absorbed into the black hole is what he'll do
>>
>>84265555

>it's an episode where profiteering cynics manipulate the fear and xenophobia caused by a seeming terrorist attack to exploit a sovereign nation for its raw resources
>it's a metaphor for Iraq where the profiteers are represented by a fat, bloated, corrupt, venal cabal
>HURR DURR all dey did is fart!!!

It's not really rusty's fault you're a pea-brained retard with a mental age of 12
>>
So, ugh, why didn't they call it Genesis of the Cybermen?
>>
Why does that Forrest in the next time trailer look like the same one from Day of the Doctor and the Robots of Sherwood?

They can't keep getting away with this!
>>
>>84266072

This sounds believable desu
>>
if you don't like eaters of light why even watch the show? it's basically an average nuwho ep. sure the ending was a little rushed but so are almost all of the 45 minute eps.
>>
>>84266147
I had heard people speculate about it back from filming
The face mask was well done and simm put on a good accent so I can't blame you for not noticing
>>
Why does Capalderini have to leave?
>>
>>84266187
sad but true
>>
>>84266188
you want a cheesy title drop then

>TH' CRIMSIN 'ORRA
>>
>>84266179
but that will wipe out all the gen 1 mondasian cybers, that will fuck up the timeline something fierce, wibbly wobbly or not
>>
I haven't watched Doctor Who for the last two seasons. Should I get into it again? Did Moffat get better? Did he write anything close to midnight?
>>
>>84266118
Go to the Tardis to get what?

>that doesn't involve them all conveniently responding to the distress signal?

Moffat will be a hack and have Simm be working with Cybermen from the future, to create Cybermen in the past
>>
File: res6.png (910KB, 1000x1290px) Image search: [Google]
res6.png
910KB, 1000x1290px
Technically bill's not dead yet so we can't rule out a moffucking
>>
>>84266187
>manipulate the fear and xenophobia caused by a seeming terrorist attack to exploit a sovereign nation for its raw resources

they just killed everyone m8.
>>
>>84265807
Which then kicks off her normal regeneration sense she's Susan and all.
>>
>>84266238
>gallifrey
Does him reminising about being a kid on gallifrey with massy count?
>>
>>84266205
Brits actually act for the experience/honor of the craft, they don't like spending too much time in the same role
>>
>>84266187
>It's an allegory, therefore it's not shit!
Oh boy...
>>
>>84266219
Thats assuming all the mondasmen are on the ship only. What if they're only a small colony?
>>
>>84265911
What don't you get? You can hate someone and appreciate some of their work. For instance, I think George Lucas is an idiot who raped Star Wars to death but I love American Graffiti and the original Star Wars.
>>
>>84266118
how would they fucking fly though, mondo cybers never developed that tech, that was cybus cybers
>>
>>84266220
Midnight has been surpassed by series 9's penultimate episode Heaven Sent. Generally, with one or two exceptions, series 9 was great and worth watching in entirety.

Series 10 has a wonderful first episode, a lot of nonsense in the middle varying from cool to garbage to rotting garbage to fantastic, but part 1 of the finale is pretty marvelous. Also series 10 companions are excellent and worth watching for.

It's not even that much content just watch it it'll take like two days
>>
>>84266127
yeah, how the fuck could he hold back his regeneration that long? makes no sense.
>>
>>84266238
>12 holds back his regeneration
can't we cross that off based on the cold open?
>>
>>84266276
if we're desperate for a bingo next week, yes
it should have more specifically said "appearance of gallifrey"
>>
>>84266328
Moff giving us a flashforward isn't the doctor holding back his regeneration
>>
>Of kurse, theyhre rathiyer nissisirry if you happin to be... Someone's former Prime Minister.
>>
>>84266188
I miss old classic who titles.
>>
>>84266187
>manipulate the fear and xenophobia caused by a seeming terrorist attack
but that literally never happened in those episodes
>>
>>84266208
TC FETISHISM; THE EPISODE
>>
>>84266358
But he held it back in the flash forward
>>
>>84266305
It's fun independent of being an allegory tee bee haitch

Normally I hate stupid binaries, but a smart person once said that Rusty's who was an adult show pretending to be for kids and Moffat's who was a kid's show pretending to be for adults. Truer words have never been spoken
>>
Jesus christ how great would that Simm reveal had been had his presence not been leaked or talked about at all? one have been one of the moments in the shows history for sure.
>>
>>84266410
It did, you were too busy giggling about le farting aliens to see it.
>>
>>84266404
>yfw the episode 12 end credits (if the rumors are true) are in the style of the original 1963 credits - theme and all
>>
>>84266414
doesn't he literally start regenerating in the flashforward?
>>
so Doctor will at some point throw some gold dust he has in his pocket right?
>>
>>84266411
(I meant TE fetishism, whoops)
>>
People sitll don't realize Capaldi in the Pilot who showed up at the end after the other Capaldi rejected Bill is post Doctor Falls Capaldi.
>>
how long till Haley Atwell is announced as the next doctor?
>>
>>84266410
>Green and the other Slitheen declare a matter of national security and request that the UN release the activation codes to launch a nuclear strike against a fictitious mothership supposedly hanging over London. The Doctor realises that the Slitheen actually plan to fire the weapons against other countries in order to start World War III. The Slitheen plan to sell the Earth's radioactive remains as a fuel source, which they have already begun advertising through the signal Mickey has decoded.

Uh huh.
>>
>>84266426
The make up would have had to be a LOT heavier for that to work.
to be very quite honest, they could have quite easily have disguised him properly if they made the mask black. No one would think the BBC would let an actor do blackface. could even throw in a few "OOH LAWDY LAWDY's to really sell it.
>>
>>84266493
1 week
>>
So /who/, are you ready to painfully let down by the next episode?
>>
>>84266499
So what part of that involves a terrorist attack you mong?
>>
>>84266493
she's already confirmed that she doesn't want it
>>
>>84266524
i like finales
>>
>>84266525

The crashed fake alien ship was an allegory for 9/11 being staged as a terrorist attack.
>>
It's Kris Marshall. I can't see why people are still in denial. You'll see the man next week briefly anyway and you can watch the internet explode as it hasn't been leaked by the press yet thankfully.
>>
File: ;_;.png (21KB, 106x120px) Image search: [Google]
;_;.png
21KB, 106x120px
>>84266524
Oh yeah, fully prepared.
>>
>>84266548
I like finales when they aren't horribly botched by Moffat's terrible writing. I can't remember the last time I was satisfied by a Doctor Who finale.
>>
>>84266524
How can they go from perfect body horror GOAT of all time to flying with detatchable heads?
>>
File: glare.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
glare.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>84266555
>9/11 being staged as a terrorist attack.
>>
So why was capaldi shouting NOOOOOOOOO while regenerating? Doesn't seem very in character for him
>>
>>84266072
This seems completely believable
>>
>>84266584
Is this anything more than a meme?
>>
>>84266595
he doesn't want to go
>>
>>84266595
Because he has to poop.
>>
>>84266584
One word: MOFFHACK
>>
>kris Marhsall
>Phoebe Waller Bridge
>sacha dhawan

Im going to be mad if its one of these literally whos.
>>
>>84266619
fuck off moffat
>>
>>84266072
Wait, how did the Doctor get his sight back again? The Pope use his magic?
>>
File: RR.png (255KB, 583x427px) Image search: [Google]
RR.png
255KB, 583x427px
WILL THE DOCTOR PLEASE COME TO THE DIARY ROOM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg-QZhRxCHg

God I love Capaldi but Missy RTD's wacky era.
>>
>>84266649
So the answer is no?
>>
>>84266595
Because he did not get a good second part finale.
>>
>>84266621
but 12 is on record calling regeneration the man flu and often throwing himself into situations where he knows he could regenerate
>>
>>84266503
I could hear Simm's voice despite the impersonation, but it still stuck me as uncannily similar to that weird prisoner dude in Name of the Doctor. So it was still actually exciting when he revealed himself.

If spoilers ruin a scene for you, you wouldn't have enjoyed it anyways.
>>
>>84266072
The last three lines don't sound remotely believable.
>>
>>84266449
Certainly would be a good way to keep people talking until December.
>>
>>84266499
>alien ship crashes into national landmark (big ben)
>this is used as justification for launching a war against alleged alien enemies

Jesus Christ, how much fucking hand-holding do you need? Are you actually a fucking retard? Are you this incapable of literally any level of intellectual engagement? We're not talking chess or risk here, we're talking rock, paper, scissors and you're still not getting it, you absolute fucking vegetable. I despair, I really do. It's like moff's story-telling has lobotomised you drooling fuckwits to the extent you think timey wimey plotholes are the epitome of depth and sophistication. Blow your fucking brains out you drooling mongoloid.
>>
>next time trailer regen is on grass
>flash foward is on snow

somethings going on

>>84266691
tbf bradley is basically confirmed
he got asked in an interview and flustered
the doctor holding in a regen since oxygen? that's bullshit though.
>>
why does the Master have such a hard on for Cybermen, they are among the lamest of Dr. Who's enemies
>>
>>84266595
Because he lets Bill, Nardole and Missy die
>>
>>84266525
>>84266714
Adding you in here as well, missed a tag.
>>
>>84266658
>The Pope use his magic?

Yeah. Bill agreed to let them take over in exchange for giving the Doctor his sight back. Which they can apparently do somehow because of space magic???
>>
>>84266714
>thinks 9/11 was fake
>calling other people retards

kek a doodle doo
>>
>>84266724
Please tell me if this is bait so I know whether to spend time replying.
>>
>>84266717
He's regenerating in parts
>>
>>84266724
Because he invented them. Duh.
>>
>>84266305
Im with you on this one. Its clever to on one level have the govt. being taken over by aliens who are completely unconnected from society and then turn on the news and there's tomy blair, as alien as what Doctor Who just parodied.

On the other hand it's not fucking clever or subtle at all to have that allegory going as the anon claims and have them be represented by lauging sociopathic green men who shoot electricity and fart and wear zipper people suits. Its not an allegory anymore, its a parody that hits you in the face with a hammer and knocks a few teeth out going "see?!? They're not like us!"

Yeah, we fuckin get it: the govt in power has too much power(lightning) isn't like us(aliens) wants us to believe they are(people suits) and thinks theyre all so great(laughing at their own farts). That's not a subtle allegory. And if it feels like I'm repeating myself don't worry, im just making a subtle allegory as to what it takes to pass as clever in RTD era writing.
>>
>>84266748
oh I'm goddam serious, the Cybers aren't the worst thing the franchise has ever produced but they sure as shit are up there
>>
>>84266743

It's still the premise of the episode even if the real life event wasn't faked. I bet you think Animal Farm is a bad allegory because animals can't really talk and Soviet Russia was bigger than one farm.
>>
File: laughing dr whos.jpg (53KB, 478x318px) Image search: [Google]
laughing dr whos.jpg
53KB, 478x318px
>>84266714
>going on an entire rant calling someone a retard
>don't have the reading comprehension to realize they were agreeing with you
rtdfags, everyone
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liJN-iBSs3w
This trailer left literally nothing to be a surprise besides the doctor regenerating in the cold open
>>
>>84266782
How so? I mean, their central theme is inherent in humanity, it plays off our own fears.

I mean, 90 yesrs olds need a dozen tablets an hour, iron lungs, pacemakers, and god knows what else to keep them alive, it's like that, a society that didn't want to die, and so sought to protect iself through "evolution", just like humaity in real life.
>>
>>84266788
>it's still the premise of the episode
no it was about shitty zygon knock offs taking over parliament

you're just projecting your /pol/ tier 9/11 garbage onto the eps
doctor who is a family show

now go to bed
>>
>>84266760
Had to look this up because I haven't watched old who. Couldn't find any reference of the master inventing the cybermen. The cybermen were invented by the Mondasians in the normal reality and John Lumic in an alternate reality.
>>
>>84266815
Moffat said they haven't even finished the finale yet, so I don't know how reliable the information in the trailer is.
>>
>>84266739
I get the allegory, but there is no terrorist attack or alleged terrorist attack in the episode you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>Capaldi is leaving
>Clara is long gone
>The guy who wrote shit like 42, Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, and Power of Three is the new showrunner
>I repeat, the dude who wrote that fucking "BURN WITH ME" episode, and a bunch of dull, unexciting garbage, is the new showrunner
>Murray Gold is apparently peacing out
>We're getting an awkward dork-looking ginger

who else is done after Christmas? i'll leave myself a loophole in case the new companion is a total fucking nympho vixen in the style of S5 Amy Pond, but I have my worries we're going to be looking back at the worst of Moffat with sincere nostalgia
>>
>>84266815

Stop watching trailers if you don't want anything spoiled. It's why I personally avoid them. You already know you're going to watch every week, the trailers and "Next Time" previews are only there to tantalize and convince people who might otherwise not choose to watch. But if you already know you'll watch, why spoil any of it for yourself?
>>
File: The Doctor Falls.jpg (334KB, 475x640px) Image search: [Google]
The Doctor Falls.jpg
334KB, 475x640px
>>84265493
Really kills the Finale boner.
>>
>>84266857
he just means like special effects and stuff
they aren't still filming, if they were the episode would be delayed weeks or more.
>>
>>84266826
I've just never found them particularly interesting

their stories are always dull to me unless they play up the body horror angle which they rarely do, which was why I didn't mind them so much tonight

I think my opinion of them got firmly cemented after Craig was able to withstand cyberconversion
>>
My honest rating of series 10

1.The Pilot: 8/10 - Great and comfy
2.Smile: 6.5/10 - good start, shite ending
3.Thin Ice: 6/10 - Nice visuals too preachy.
4. Knock Knock: 6/10, nothing remarkable.
5. Oxygen: 7/10 - Good but also too preachy
6. Extremis: 7/10 - Pretty good.
7. PYATOTW: 6/10: - Bad
8. LOTL: - 5/10, wasted villains and bad ending.
9. TEOM: - 7.5/10 - Comfy episode.
10.Eaters of Light:: - 4/10 bad CGI/characters
11. World Enough and Time: 8.5, Great
>>
>>84266862
Have you watched Broadchurch? It's absolutely fantastic, and Chibbs is the showrunner. Moffat wrote good RTD era stories, but is a shit showrunner. The reverse could be true for Chibbs.
>>
>>84266866
Except I don't watch trailers, that was the first time I had seen it - I watched it just to see how much they had spoiled and holy shit
>>
>>84266862
I share similar concerns, but Doctor Who has a past trend of me loving each new doctor more than the last.

The companions and stories are always all over the place, so as long as they get a good doctor I think it will be okay.
>>
>>84266846
nitwit the episode tonight just retconnec that he was involved in their creation
>>
>>84266921
eaters of light was good though.
>>
>>84266844

I don't think 9/11 was an inside job. But if you can't see the allegory of that episode you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>84266862
>Murray Gold is apparently peacing out
proofs?
>>
>>84266948
Different anon here, it was one of the worst episodes of this season.
>>
>>84266954
go to bed RTD
>>
My bet is on The Doctor giving his regeneration energy to Bill. Thus triggering her dormant Time Lord dna, watch or what ever mcguffin has made her human.
This then causes Missy to forcibly transfer some of Simm's life energy into the Doctor to save him.
Causing electric hunger Simm, who promptly gets the fuck out of there.
Bill then regenerates into Kris Marshall and the Doctor regenerates into a woman.
>>
>>84266948
In what way? the Monster was terrible and boring and the sup Supporting cast was shit. It was like a cbeebies show.
>>
>>84266957

Someone on /who/ said it earlier. So it must be true.
>>
>>84266936
The fuck you talking bout m8? All it confirmed was that they're on a ship of people from mondas who turned themselves into cybermen. It doesn't affect mondas if these people became cybermen. For all we know the actual mondas already has cybermen and we're just watching the ship people become cybermen for the fuck of it
>>
>>84266987
Imagine thinking it was more of a boring episode than most of the other episodes this series.
>>
>>84266921
>The Eaters of Light
>bad CGI
It's some of the best Doctor Who has ever had.
>>
BBC ARE FUCKING SPOILING IT AGAIN! They are announcing Marshall this week, before the Doctor Falls because he's briefly in it, NO SURPRISE FOR US AS VIEWERS.
>>
>>84267004

Except the Master literally said this was "THE GENESIS OF THE DALE-- I MEAN, CYBERMEN"
>>
>>84267004
Why would they have the ship be full of Mondasians if this wasn't the origin of the Mondasian Cybermen?
>>
>>84266469
Nobody else knows what TE means because we don't draw fucked up morally wrong porn for a living
>>
If there are clocks that state the time difference between the top of the ship and the bottom then why were people surprised when the expedition to the middle of the ship never came back?
>>
If the Doctor realized they were being effected by a time dilation field from a black hole why the fuck did he bother wasting twenty minutes explaining it to the blueberry man and subject Bill to fucking years of god knows what from his perspective?
>>
spare parts BTFO

big finish confirmed not canon
>>
>>84267020
it really wasn't mate.
>>
>>84267038

Just stop reading news about TV shows you watch, fucktard. News about TV shows ALWAYS spoils shit.
>>
>>84266931
Broadchurch has a very different tone from Doctor Who and some people write better for certain genres than they do for others

>>84267052
I actually had to look it up because I didn't know the word for it at first https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_enclosure_fetishism
>>
>>84267071
Name an episode with a better CGI creature.
>>
>>84267085
Flatline
>>
>>84267085
I'll agree. I did at one point go 'and there went the whole CGI budget for the series' when I saw it.
>>
>>84267107
That was a creative use of CGI but it wasn't very high quality in a technical sense.
>>
>>84267056
Because the blueberry wouldn't let them call the elevator. So he had to spend twenty seconds to lower his guard and disable him.
>>
File: hmm.png (347KB, 642x773px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
347KB, 642x773px
Capaldi's regeneration scene at the start of the episode was only shot recently and is actually part of the Christmas episode.
>>
>>84267052
>posting on 4chan but acting like you're such a saint

lmao
>>
>>84266936
you're assuming a lot, there

>>84266931
Broadchurch is good, but I still worry much more about what 42 and his other episodes suggest. If you gave me an opportunity to write an episode of Doctor Who – i.e., here's the show, here's the Doctor, you gotta fill 45 minutes, and this might be the only chance you ever get to do this – the sorts of things I'd come up with aren't anywhere near what we've gotten from Chibnall. For what it's worth, I'd probably write a 'reskin' of Remembrance of the Daleks to properly write the New Paradigm out of the series, but what I mean is moreso in terms of tone, pacing, mood, etc. nothing he's put out has engaged me, and he's had multiple opportunities to write episodes and I've found them all to fall flat. The impression I have is that Chibnall is a union writer with tenure – he's nothing to do now that Broadchurch is over, so he pretty much asked for Who just to keep getting a salary. I don't expect him to stay very long, I don't expect him to contribute much to the overall mythos of the series, and it's essentially marking time until another series he's more interested in writing for gets picked up.

>>84266934
Is 'weird ginger guy' going to be a good Doctor? God forbid.
>>
File: chibnall1986.jpg (307KB, 1393x1075px) Image search: [Google]
chibnall1986.jpg
307KB, 1393x1075px
>>84267078
Don't doubt the Chibs you filthy tranny
>>
>>84266921
My rating.
1.The Pilot: 6/10 - Good, qt star eye.
2.Smile: 5/10 - Good premise, terrible execution.
3.Thin Ice: 0/10 - Whiney pandering SJW crap.
4. Knock Knock: 7/10 - Good story, lots of emotion.
5. Oxygen: 3/10 - Crap filler
6. Extremis: 3/10 - muh pope
7. PYATOTW: 4/10 - Pyramid
8. LOTL: - 6/10 - Nice dystopia, shit ending.
9. TEOM: - 7/10 - Good setting, good characters, shame about all the niggers and feminism.
10.Eaters of Light:: - 4/10 Good setting, good characters, shame about all the niggers and feminism.
>11. World Enough and Time: 10, This is the story I always dreamed they'd do but never actually thought they would have the balls to pull it off.
>>
>>84267139
Also the Doctor could've somehow disabled the gun with his sonic, but then I guess there wouldnt've been an episode in that case.
>>
File: 1451303124523.png (602KB, 963x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451303124523.png
602KB, 963x720px
So when will we see Twelve help move Gallifrey?
>>
>>84267147
>we get a whole episode with capaldi's hair looking majestic as fuck
good
>>
>>84267147
>capaldi's last episode will have his longest hair yet

POTTERY
>>
>>84266862
>but I have my worries we're going to be looking back at the worst of Moffat with sincere nostalgia
People already do that with RTD.
>>
>>84267040
>>84267050
Simm could have been referring to the beginning of the cybermen on tht ship, who had all the mondas parts but left mondas before the cybermen were made. I mean, i hate to point it out but we already have 2 genesis of the cybermen stories and both of them work in the same continuity. Part of the reason this story is so good is that it borrows the good ideas from spare parts instead of the shitty ones like age of steel did.
>>
>>84267178

We already saw that in the episode where it happened. Why would they show it a second time?
>>
>>84267149
4chan is the least degenerate site on the internet
but is also the most
>>
>>84267219
>Simm could have been referring to the beginning of the cybermen on tht ship
You're in denial m8.
>>
Jesus christ, just show his last episode when its done. Lots of people will die before xmas.
>>
>>84267188
capaldi looks so good with long hair.

i remember being so disappointed in s8 when it was really short for awhile. he looked shit.

glad hes going out looking GOAT.
>>
File: capaldo waldo's hair.jpg (37KB, 469x700px) Image search: [Google]
capaldo waldo's hair.jpg
37KB, 469x700px
>>84267147
his hair there's just about the same length as it was when he was on Graham Norton a few months back

so yeah that's probably what happened

his hair has just fucking ascended

>Capaldi's first episode: short, matted down hair
>Capaldi's final episode: a flowing, majestic mane of greatness
>>
>>84267055
because they wouldn't have just never come back, they would return eventually unless something happened to them
>>
>>84267219
>Simm could have been referring to the beginning of the cybermen on tht ship, who had all the mondas parts but left mondas before the cybermen were made.

Moffat doesn't use bombastic declarations to mean anything more subtle than exactly what they state at face value.
>>
File: 10icanseethat.gif (1006KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
10icanseethat.gif
1006KB, 426x240px
>>84267218
>People already do that with RTD
You're...not wrong.
>>
>>84267251
what?
>>
>>84267248
Yeah okay m8. Because we don't have 2 or 3 different dalek origin stories that conflict despite being in the same place.
>>
>>84267258
KINO MOFF POTTERY
>>
https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/820976/Doctor-Who-season-10-Bill-Potts-Pearl-Mackie-Peter-Capaldi-John-Simm-Master-Missy/amp

Pearl has left. And Matt Lucas said hes not back for Xmas either. So that gives room for Bradley and Susan to replace them for that episode.
>>
>>84267270
The actual fuck are you talking about? Literally half of the 11th doctor's spiel was making bombastic declarations that were either lies, half truths or ruses with code words to twist a situation later
>>
>tfw you realise Simm rushed the comversion before it was ready, leaving bill with her emotions still intact, just so the doctor couldn't save her
>>
how did Cybermen kill people in the original series?
>>
How long do you think the Christmas episode will be bois? I think 75 minutes at most.
>>
File: laughing moffat.gif (2MB, 363x329px) Image search: [Google]
laughing moffat.gif
2MB, 363x329px
>>84267330
>trusting Moffat
>>
>>84267330
Imagine believing that crock.
>>
>>84267344
Mostly shooting, but I think they strangled or karate chopped to death a few.
>>
You guys don't actually believe that the first Doctor is going to appear in christmas do you?
>>
>>84267389
Why not? It makes perfect sense and would be an epic way for Moffat to exit the show.
>>
File: capture9.jpg (19KB, 374x367px) Image search: [Google]
capture9.jpg
19KB, 374x367px
Pearls mum confirmed coal burner.
>>
File: cybermen-625x352.jpg (38KB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
cybermen-625x352.jpg
38KB, 625x352px
>>84267344
The things on the belt/penis were rayguns. The later Cybermen also had standard guns on their helmets, the even later cybermen carried long range conventional lazer weapons.
>>
File: 23.jpg (1MB, 3744x5616px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
1MB, 3744x5616px
feels like yesterday capaldi was announced

im not ready bros
>>
so if Bill ultimately does ending up dying like this is Bill confirmed to have the worst death of any companion?
>>
>>84267444
Nah, that's still Adric.
>>
>>84267444
up there with Adric and/or Sara probably
>>
File: immersive-Pearl.jpg (38KB, 426x758px) Image search: [Google]
immersive-Pearl.jpg
38KB, 426x758px
Blocks your path
>>
>>84267444
Subtle twist- bill is the cyberman who gets Adric killed in Earthshock
>>
>>84267389
bradley basically confirmed it
he got asked at a red carpet thing and was visibly flustered

if he wasn't in it he would have just been confused
>>
>>84267389
Yes I do. Still, I am ready for disappointment when he doesn't show up though.
>>
>>84267358
Normal 60 minutes because both Smith and Capaldi get cucked while Tennant gets TWO fucking specials to leave in.
>>
Did they every bring up who the guy is in the background of the photo of Bill's mom?
>>
File: 2-1.jpg (835KB, 3416x5119px) Image search: [Google]
2-1.jpg
835KB, 3416x5119px
>>84267443
>tfw that was 4 years ago
>>
>>84267389

David Bradley basically confirmed it in an interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oiilhbk3sj8 and he's in Cardiff right now.
>>
>>84267460
>>84267462
Adric only blew up, Bill got fucking cyber converted

and not the clean cut out the brain and plop it into a cyber body, she got her body converted in phases
>>
>>84267443
I can't think of a world where Peter Capaldi is not The Doctor
My memories pre 2013 are very fuzzy
>>
>>84267444
The tumblrites will never let Moffat live this down: kill off the black lesbian companion in the worst!! way!! ever!! clearly it was homphobia and racism!!
>>
I preferred short haired Capaldi. Long haired Capaldi looks like an old woman.
>>
>>84267472
kino feet
>>
>>84267475
Do you have a link or video of that?
>>
>>84267502
Far more, than just, another, time lord.
>>
>>84267502
that's 12 you silly sausage
>>
>>84267516
short haired capaldi looked sickly.
long hair capaldi is majestic and sexy grandpa.
>>
>>84267525
Pinned tweet at top of GirlyLetters' twitter.
>>
>"When you hug me, it hurts my heart."
>"Aww!"
>"N-no, your chest unit.. it really digs into my chest.."
This made me sad.
>>
>>84267525
not that anon but here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oiilhbk3sj8
>>
>>84267528
But did they every reveal what he was doing there other than shagging Bill's mom?
>>
>>84267170
I like your ratings, for the most part.

The Pilot – 6 – decent season open. compares favourably to most openers deep
Smile – 5 – overrated. you will never rewatch this episode because the narrative is boring af and Bill just isn't a good companion
Thin Ice – 0 – boring
Knock Knock – 4 – a good episode with a great guest actor, let down by the awkwardness of its ending. the wooden mother is right out of the worst of RTD.
Oxygen – 4 – agreed
Extremis – 8.8 – there's too many clever and interesting things going on here to shit on it. moffat's been a shaky show-runner the last few years but don't forget he's the dude who some fantastic episodes whether he was show-runner or not, and extremis is easily one of them. it's as good as you'll ever fucking get with doctor who, just in line behind blink and heaven sent
Pyramid at the End of the World – 4 – total letdown after extremis' set up. the plant lab subplot was a ridiculous choice
Lie of the Land – 6 – the fake regen scene was pretty good. bad episode – it seemed like capaldi tried to act his heart out to save a shit episode, and it mostly works. i can easily also see it being where he decides to throw in the towel on the series
The Empress of Mars – 7 – same opinion. comfy af. i wish gatiss had always written episodes like this
The Eaters of Light – 6 – slow but comfy. really, really weird. the fact it was written by the last writer of the old series makes sense, because it feels like a bizarre 7th Doctor story
World Enough and Time – 6 – the pacing here is too slow for what it is. the "pain" scene goes on for like 5 minutes for no clear reason, and you don't get to see any clever execution of the cool ideas here. i'm sick of setup episodes under moffat because they never deliver on what they promise. Dark Water gave way to schlock and so will this ep
>>
WTF will Capaldi be fighting in the xmas special?
>>
What sort of a fucking shit name for an episode is "world enough and time"? Why not just call it genesis of the cybiez?
>>
>>84267406
>>84267475
>>84267485
>>84267508
It's not happening guys
The First Doctor already has too many faces
>>
>>84267586
TH' CRIMSIN 'ORRA
>>
>>84267554
Thats why bill couldn't feel Razor's 2 hearts
>>
>>84267581
Moffet Xmas tends to be random villains

although the brain parasites have show up in all of Capaldi's specials so far so maybe we get closure with them as well
>>
>>84267581
Regeneration
>>
>>84267586
Had we but world enough, and time,
This coyness, Lady, were no crime
We would sit down and think which way
To walk and pass our long love's day.
Thou by the Indian Ganges' side
Shouldst rubies find: I by the tide
Of Humber would complain. I would
Love you ten years before the Flood,
And you should, if you please, refuse
Till the conversion of the Jews.
My vegetable love should grow
Vaster than empires, and more slow;
A hundred years should go to praise
Thine eyes and on thy forehead gaze;
Two hundred to adore each breast,
But thirty thousand to the rest;
An age at least to every part,
And the last age should show your heart.
For, Lady, you deserve this state,
Nor would I love at lower rate.

But at my back I always hear
Time's wingèd chariot hurrying near;
And yonder all before us lie
Deserts of vast eternity.
Thy beauty shall no more be found,
Nor, in thy marble vault, shall sound
My echoing song; then worms shall try
That long preserved virginity,
And your quaint honour turn to dust,
And into ashes all my lust:
The grave's a fine and private place,
But none, I think, do there embrace.

Now therefore, while the youthful hue
Sits on thy skin like morning dew,
And while thy willing soul transpires
At every pore with instant fires,
Now let us sport us while we may,
And now, like amorous birds of prey,
Rather at once our time devour
Than languish in his slow-chapped power.
Let us roll all our strength and all
Our sweetness up into one ball,
And tear our pleasures with rough strife
Through the iron gates of life:
Thus, though we cannot make our sun
Stand still, yet we will make him run.
>>
>>84267485
>disappointment when he doesn't show
>actually wanting this shit
>>
>>84267633
>not wanting capaldi and the first doctor
would be literally kino
>>
>>84267586
"Had we but world enough, and time/ This coyness, Lady, were no crime"

it's more about the relationship between the Doctor and Missy than the Cybermen

much like Magician's Apprentice/Witch's Familiar, for some lame reason, Moffat doesn't seem to like the _______ of the [Daleks/Cybermen/etc.] naming convention
>>
>>84267652
It would be kino if Hartnell and David Whitaker time traveled to the present to make it. But Bradley and Moffat couldn't pull it off.
>>
File: gatiss black soldiers.jpg (106KB, 626x960px) Image search: [Google]
gatiss black soldiers.jpg
106KB, 626x960px
>>84264058
I don't have a problem with Bill's character per se, but the progressive brownie points thing is pretty obvious. I mean, it's official policy at the Beeb these days.

Not him btw

>>84265467
>sex appeal
See above
>>
The first doctor is going to be in the Christmas special, cliffhanger next week, and we get a glimpse of Marshall, be prepared.
>>
>>84267710
well too bad its HAPPENING SENPAI
>>
>>84267718
Holy shit, is Gatiss slash our guy slash?
>>
File: S1e10_winners_dont_lose_peace.png (505KB, 780x580px) Image search: [Google]
S1e10_winners_dont_lose_peace.png
505KB, 780x580px
>>84267633
I'm going to be disappointing and there's nothing you can do to tell me otherwise. Bradley isn't going to show up and that's final.
>>
>>84267554
>ywn hug the Master
;_;
>>
>>84267574
He was taking pictures of bill's mum to give to bill as a christmas gift. This was pretty blatantly implied in The Pilot and then outright stated by 12 in Lie of the Land
>>
File: 15141.jpg (22KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
15141.jpg
22KB, 500x388px
Can the Doctor can just start wasting some fools?
>>
>>84267823
So it's a bootstrap paradox?
>>
>>84267718
oh, obviously bill was more of a minority pandering thing than anythinig else. it just sort of surprised me that they'd actually let affirmative action potentially fuck their cash cow that hard – i.e. the same way the BBC don't have the bad business sense to actually cast a female Doctor, because outside of the internet, SJWs don't fucking matter, it's bizarre they'd cast an unattractive companion and risk just as much damage
>>
>>84267854
This doesn't involve any sort of boot or any kinds of straps, anon.
>>
How many threads did we do today?
>>
>>84267850
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNuHV-iLBRw
>>
>>84267888
>Ugly Doctor
>Ugly Bill
>Ugly Nardole
Wew
>>
File: Doctor-Who-S10-Ep11-Trailer-001.jpg (34KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor-Who-S10-Ep11-Trailer-001.jpg
34KB, 1280x544px
Head cannon, lads:

The Matron gave the patients strict instructions to keep everyone away from the window (to stop them jumping out and killing themselves), so ordered them all to keep everyone away from it, that's why everytime she went near it/opened it they all turned to face her/got up to attack her.
>>
>>84267052
>drawing
>morally wrong

toppest of keks
>>
>>84266188

Because you'd give away that the Cybermen were in it.

Which BBC Marketing did anyway, imagine how much better it would have been if we didn't know that the Cybermen it The Master was going to be in it.
>>
Wait, i'm confused. Is the Kris Marshal rumor true or is it kind of like the Bradley rumor and everyone is just getting their hopes up again? Or down, whatever.
>>
>>84267854
No, bootstrap paradoxes deal with ontology.
>>
>>84267917

Yeah, duh. No one is allowed to leave the hospital.
>>
>>84267899
4th holding large rifles is so kino.
>>
I was honestly like, 'how the fuck is Bill walking around outside the hospital when she was told she could never leave or she'd die' and literally the second after she started to collapse.
>>
>>84267917
Why do they wear the mask?
>>
>>84268030
Yeah, but the point is they all wanted to kill themselves, so they were essentially all each other's suicide watch.
>>
>>84268137
NOOOOOOOObody cared who I WAAAAAAAAAS until III put on the MAAAAAASK
>>
The fat nurse helping The Master is obviously The Rani, correct?
>>
>>84268004
It's a meme that's also potentially true
>>
>>84268004

Marshall is looking likely because of how quiet he's been, he was favourite, had dozens of articles, was trending on twitter yet there's been no denial, Rosehall, Mylan, Phoebe Waller Bridge and Atwell have all denied it.

Who knows, could turn out to be someone else.

Bradley is pretty much confirmed at this point, by the man himself:
>>84267508
>>
>>84268137
AND WHY ARE YOU WEARING THAT SKI MASK?

BECAUSE

YOU'RE

NOT

SKIING
>>
>>84268148
If they all wanted to kill themselves, they would be very poor suicide watches.
>>
>>84267899

Not as good as the original. This song is shit.
>>
Anyone else really like Razor? seems like that crazy but nice eastern european guy who lives next door to you.
>>
So how do the Cybermen get to Mondas, convert everyone and get ready for The Tenth Planet?
>>
>>84268004
>>84268186

Also The Mirror, where the Marshall rumour started, said we'd first see him during the series and not the Christmas special, with the regeneration it's looking likely we'll see whoever it is next week.
>>
What is it about these more recent episodes that feel so... safe and clean? Like, by all rights the imagery and themes in this episode should be unsettling to say the least. Lots of body horror and existential horror elements abound. But something about it just doesn't affect me at all. It just feels bland/safe/boring for some reason. Does anyone have a guess as to what the reason is for this?

It's not like I'm above being unsettled by a kids show, either, there have been plenty of unsettling Doctor Who episodes for me. So it's just weird.
>>
>>84268238
How indeed, it's not like they're sitting in a spaceship.
>>
>>84268257
It'll be in the Christmas special; and they're gonna heavily spoil (a la Bradley rumors) the plot so people will keep talking about the show until December.
>>
>>84265948
Clara is still technically dead, just they found a magic way of prolonging it for fanfiction. People only concentrate on the fact The Doc bent the rules to try and preserve her though
>>
The Doctor lands in Antarctica, meets the first Doctor, they both regenerate. It's like poetry.
>>
Which gender is exposition and which is comic relief?
>>
>>84268286
Because it's a kids show.
>>
>>84268286
It's because Capaldi is phoning his lines in. He just doesn't care anymore.
>>
>>84268304

Bill/women are exposition. Nardole/men are comic relief. Missy was being double-meta.
>>
>>84268323
Unironically this.
>>
>>84268356
Straight and gay aren't genders, anon
>>
>>84268412
So you say NOW...just wait.
>>
Tfw people think the Master and the Doctor are going to regenerate while holding hands.
>>
new when
>>
>>84268323
*Family show.
>>
File: 1498098026885.jpg (43KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1498098026885.jpg
43KB, 500x375px
>>84268477
>tfw something goes terribly wrong and the fuse together into one timelord.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNL3jrCUCwA

Crying Jenna a CUTE!
>>
>>84268477
>the Master and the Doctor regenerate while holding hands.
>the regerative energy mixes
>The Doctor and The Master merge into a single body
>The DOCTORMASTER
>>
>>84268513
NEVER
/who/ ENDS HERE
>>
>>84268536

t. RTD
>>
>>84268553
Thank Christ.
>>
Prove me wrong

World Enough and Time
Extremis
Oxygen
The Empress of Mars
The Pilot
The Lie of the Land
Thin Ice
Smile
The Pyramid at the End of the World
The Eaters of Light
Knock Knock
>>
>>84268598
>World Enough and Time
>Extremis
>Oxygen
>The Empress of Mars
>The Pilot
>The Eaters of Light
>The Lie of the Land
>Thin Ice
>Smile
>Knock Knock
>The Pyramid at the End of the World

fixed
>>
>>84268634
>top 5 are the same
I can respect that.
>>
They never followed up on Twelve taking the photos of Bill's mom, did they?
He's probably going to go back in time, pick her up, and bring her back to the ship to talk to Bill to help her regain her human mind.
>>
>they acgually let them do body horror
When did the BBC stop being such cunts? Or is this Moffucks last roll of the dice?
>>
>>84268669
>THE POWER OF LOVE STOPS YOU BEING A CYBERMAN
NO, FOR FUCKS SAKE NO, FOR FUCKS SAKE. FUCK ME.
>>
Haven't watched the last three episodes, but I heard this week's was really good. Can I just skip 9 and 10 or just the mars one if possible
>>
you guys are ranking Oxygen too high. other than making the Doctor blind, it was a boring ep

>Extremis
>World Enough and Time
>The Empress of Mars
>The Eaters of Light
>The Pilot
>The Lie of the Land
>Oyxgen
>Knock Knock
>Thin Ice
>Smile
>The Pyramid at the End of the World
>>
>>84268700
Bill's mom saves the day 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Also reminds me of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZIdgQRAgvw
>>
>>84268726
You can skip all, they have nothjng to do with tonights.
>>
>>84268740
'no'
>>
>>84268742
aight tanks, but I heard the master showed up in last weeks?
>>
>>84268763
Master showed up in this week's episode, not last week.
Basically the only premise you need that you would have missed is that since missy helped the doctor out in Empress of Mars he's giving her a chance to be good and not stay in the vault
>>
>>84268740
Making the Doctor blind was literally shit. It did NOTHING. It was just annoying.
>>
>>84268801
Aight thx man, I'll watch the latest episode.
>>
>Dark Water
>Heaven Sent
>World Enough and Time
Can Moffat keep coming back to write episode 11?
>>
>>84268806
it was exciting at the time. i was excited that all the shit the Doctor usually shakes off by the end of the episode would continue to carry through to more episodes, i.e. that Capaldi's doctor would be blind for the rest of the season and maybe worse, and his regen would be due to fatigue/continuing damage. it was interesting
>>
>>84268843
so long as he can't write the finale, ever, ever again
>>
"i Can't...see...antyhtiegnnk'
Please.
>>
>>84268806
It was interesting in Extremis and Pyramid.
>>
>>84268852
The dumb thing about it was that he could've just fixed it with regeneration energy; but no, he was somehow saving it up to do a stupid fake out to Bill later.
>>
>>84268852
>Capaldi's doctor would be blind for the rest of the season
It would have gotten pretty boring by the 5th episode or so.
>>
Just started watching the last episode. Why is the doctor regenerating? Is it a preview or is it from the episode 10?
>>
>>84268887
How was it interesting? His little Matrix graph thing in his glasses?
>>
>Even Nardole agreed to it!
>No I didn't...
>You did in my head so it counts.
>>
>>84268700
Isn't it, though? I mean, I get that love being the solution is lame and trite, but.. if the crux of the Cybermen is their lack of emotion, then wouldn't one of the strongest human emotions be the best way to stop them?

Or would you rather Nardole pull a gold nugget out of his coat pocket and smear it all over Bill's new metal tits?
>>
>>84268916

Preview
>>
>>84268916
It's a flash forward. The scene was filmed just a week or two ago, as part of the christmas special shooting. It explains why the regeneration effect looked so cheap and rushed, at least.
>>
>>84268916
..Why are you asking? Why wouldn't you just watch it, then come and join the discussion? It's a part of the episode, if that's what you're asking. You're not watching the wrong thing.
>>
>>84268890
I want to know who thought that was a good idea.

Hint: M _ _ _ _ t
>>
>>84268669
>They never followed up on Twelve taking the photos of Bill's mom, did they?
In The Lie of the Land it helped Bill defeat the Monks by thinking about the mum she never actually knew.
>>
>>84268950
So if they do reverse the cyber programming, what will become of Bill?
She is literally a massive cyborg monster. There is no way she is going back to making chips.
>>
>>84269016
But we still don't know why he went back and took the photos, right? I don't even remember her ever asking him about it, and she definitely noticed him in the mirror in that one photo.
>>
>>84269060
Either the Doctor's gonna reverse time so none of it ever happened or she's just gonna die.
When they zoomed in on the face mask, the flesh around her eye was intact. Maybe if you just take it off, the person underneath still LOOKS normal?
>>
Holy fuck Master, why do you keep torturing the black ones?
>Martha
>Danny
>Bill
>>
>>84269108
That was just a stylistic decision to let us know it was really Bill in there; I doubt she still looks like that.
>>
>>84269073
..She brought it up, man. She said she didn't have photos and that she didn't know what she looked like when she was talking about how she just has a made up version of her mom that she talks to. So, he hid them in her attic as a Christmas gift.

Why don't you pay attention?
>>
>>84269073
He took the photos as a christmas gift for bill because he wanted to be nice and bill mentioned that she didn't have any pictures of her mum
how the fuck didn't you pick up on this, 12 even explains it explicitly in Lie of the Land - "I thought I was just being nice but it turns out taking those pictures saved the world", some shit like that
>>
File: IMG_3897.jpg (198KB, 900x1271px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3897.jpg
198KB, 900x1271px
>>84269108
>Normal
>>
>>84269115
Holy fuck Master, why do you keep torturing the BLACKED ones?
>Jo (you just know)
>Chang Lee (you just KNOW)
>>
>>84269167
That cyberman has a metal head, so how is it turned? Why would they create a cyberman that wasn't looking straight ahead?
>>
>>84268981
Like I said earlier I skipped the last two episodes that's why I asked, but I realized soon after that it was a preview.
>>
>>84269167
That isn't the same model of Cyberman. Please provide an image that's canonical and of the same model (hurr durr no canon in muh ductah whooo).
>>
Is /who/ going to regenerate?
>>
>>84269139
>>84269148
You know what, you're right. I haven't had a chance to rewatch any of the series so far so it just slipped out.
I'm just trying to brace myself for whatever disappointing asspull Moffat's going to use to ruin the finale for me, so I'm looking for every option.
>>
No offense, but anyone that doesn't think that little girl in the promo for next week is a young Bill, they're idiots.
>>
>>84269276
We've used up our whole cycle. I'm afraid this is the end.
>>
New Thread
>>84269333
>>84269333
>>84269333
Thread posts: 387
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.