[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/who/ - Doctor Who General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 75

42 edition
The first episode by 2018's incoming showruiner. What does /who/ think of it?

Last thread >>79265804
>>
>>79298031
Generic NuWho action ep.
>>
Moffat will never write anything as good as Heaven Sent again. He might as well leave now.
>>
>>79298031
It's good enough. Pretty generic.
>>
>>79298031
It's like the definition of mediocre and forgettable
>>
>>79298031
>According to the BARB figures this episode was seen by 7.41 million viewers and was the third most popular non-soap-opera broadcast on British television in that week

Viewers liked it. AI of 85.
>>
Will they finally have a non-white actor/actress portray the doctor? I'm becoming a little annoyed
>>
File: 13th doctor.jpg (56KB, 650x962px) Image search: [Google]
13th doctor.jpg
56KB, 650x962px
>>79298447
Enoch Doctor>>>Atwell Doctor
>>
>>79298129
BREAKING NEWS!!! CHINBALLS NEW HEAD WRITER FOR S11. MOFF GONE AFTER S10.

Sorry for shouting.
>>
>>79298447
No. The next Doctor will be a hot white male with a beard.
>>
Koquillion back when?
>>
File: chibnall glitter age.png (405KB, 613x406px) Image search: [Google]
chibnall glitter age.png
405KB, 613x406px
Wake up, /who/.

And let the cloak of life cling to your bones.
Cling to your bones.
Wake up.
Wake uuuup.
>>
File: 1470527705379.jpg (65KB, 426x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470527705379.jpg
65KB, 426x500px
>CONTACT
>beedle beedle beedle
>>
File: mfw.png (133KB, 490x343px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
133KB, 490x343px
>>79300759
>>
Sammi Carter should be Moffats replacement. Can you imagine the stories he'd provide
>>
Is there an actor who is as passionate to take the role as Peter Capaldi?
>>
File: lCo9oYbl.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
lCo9oYbl.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
Can the next Doctor be french ?
>>
>>79298031
Doctor who is fucking garbage.
It can tell any story in all of time and space and it always ends up a shitty looking celebration of mediocrity.
It's a predictable, safe formulaic children's show where the Le wacky man saves the day with some 'witty' banter and a 'clever' scheme.
The Doctor never goes anywhere in his development, just going from dark to light or dark to light depending on the incarnation.
It has no love for science or history, it just boils everything down for lowest common denominator. It's a waste of time and effort,
why don't you losers mature and watch some grown up television for a change.
You shouldn't watch doctor who unless it's with your own children but I really don't want you plebs procreating.
>>
File: chibbers.png (48KB, 627x228px) Image search: [Google]
chibbers.png
48KB, 627x228px
>>79301094
Nice
>>
>>79301052
>Can the next Doctor be french ?
You go too far, sir!

A woman, fine. A non-white person, fine. A homosexual, a humanoid alien, an android, a Chelonian turtle wo/man, fine. But French? First time he goes back to the medieval era, he will be on the wrong side! If you think for a moment that's acceptable, you're a traitor to the Crown.
>>
>>79301094
Gosh, why do we all waste our time watching and talking about this show, when we could be enlightened like this guy and instead waste our time posting rants about how bad it is every four hours until the end of time. He must have a much more fulfilling life than me.
>>
File: series10villain.jpg (54KB, 355x500px) Image search: [Google]
series10villain.jpg
54KB, 355x500px
>>79301207
>until the End of Time
>>
>>79301094
Obligatory
http://doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Copypasta
>>
>>79301052
>>79301175
This dude is what Trump would be if he were a French noble.
His twitter is even better than Gareth's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q2BvZWn-bU
>>
>>79301435
>His Twitter is even better than Gareth's

Not possible
>>
>>79301484
True, Gareth's twitter is a goldmine
>>
>>79301435
>This dude is what Trump would be if he were a French noble.
Why should /who/ care about Trump? We've got bigger things to worry about, like President Chuck Norris, after defeating incumbent Bruce Springsteen, issuing a travel ban on people without full-time employment, which got struck down in courts but he's appealing—

Tfw sophomoric tongue-in-cheek satire using America's future to comment on England's Thatcherite present turns out to be basically America's actual future…
>>
>>79301593
>>79301484
Henry de Lesquen might surpass him.
>>
>>79301654
It's just a commonly used way of describing Henry. He uses it himself.
>>
IIRC at the NYCC on the panel (the one on youtube) Moffat said something about how there was a certain scene near the start of Episode 1, and he was very curious about how "the fans" would react to it

I've thought this might be Bill going out with another girl (after all isn't she supposed to be bisexual)
>>
https://twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/830177679370551299

JENNA AND KAREN CONFIRMED FOR HOMOPHOBES
>>
>>79301712
>It's just a commonly used way of describing Henry
Between the Revolution 200 years ago and France being the first European country to join the Icelandic coalition 2800 years from now, there is no history or politics from France. Watch any episode, audio, novel, or comic strip, and you'll see. France may be affected by English and/or German politics and history, but it doesn't have any of its own.
>>
File: KEKVE.png (23KB, 918x210px) Image search: [Google]
KEKVE.png
23KB, 918x210px
Lul.

In all seriousness, how would you feel if Jack's back for S10 Moff finale?
>>
>>79301712
Littéralement /qui/?
>>
>>79301815
>JENNA AND KAREN CONFIRMED FOR HOMOPHOBES
This is clearly more of a threat than a warning. Karen and Jenna protect the homogays from being consumed by the cis-straight oppressors like Pearlie.
>>
>>79301913
>Pobatti actually calls Pearl Mackie Pearlie Mack
>he actually believes it's her actual name
>>
>>79301901
Unlikely. His last appearance was over 7 years ago.
>>
>>79301901
A few weeks ago — and nobody talked about it even though I posted a screenshot here — John posted on his instagram a selfie with him in front of a door with his name on it, and the caption read "For What, or Who, am I filming today?"
He capitalized Who and everything. I wonder..

The Committee confirmed for S10 enemy
>>
>>79301976
Like he does literally every year, you mean?
>>
>>79301845
>France may be affected by English and/or German politics and history
Also Canadian. Even though Quebec is not canonical in Doctor Who, French-Canadians are.
>>
>>79302009
The moment was prepared. If you shitpost it yearly the day it'll be real people just wont believe it.
>>
>>79302136
>this was a grand plan all along
He's just an attention whore. Just admit it.
>>
>>79301976
>He capitalized Who and everything. I wonder..
Have you watched Legends of Tomorrow S2? It's understandable that he got confused when he read the scripts.
>>
>>79302167
No, why?
>>
File: SPAM.jpg (241KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SPAM.jpg
241KB, 900x1200px
>>79301976
Somebody said this was him in the set pics from January, too - don't see it myself.
>>
>>79302150
>>79302210
BRAVO
R
A
V
O
>>
>>79302203
John Barrowman joins up with evil male Ashildr and an evil guy with a time machine to kidnap the Last of the Time Masters, who regenerated into an American Arthur Darvill after blowing up his own people so they wouldn't fuck up the universe to win a war against evil Nazi aliens, so they can use his timestream to rewrite history. But Arthur's ertswhile companions use his stolen timeship to try to keep history running the way it's supposed to.
>>
>>79302203
Sample episode:

The Darvill Doctor is stuck in the past without his memories, although they do come through in his fiction, and he doesn't want to get his old dangerous time-traveling life back once he finds out about it.

But it's not just Human Nature, it's every NuWho pseudohistorical, because it's actually about how brilliant and important great historical figure George Lucas is.

But, in case you were wondering what Cornell and Gareth are doing in the Moffat era, the real challenge is a big ball of timey-wimey: they may not be able to save Lucas, because without Star Wars and Indiana Jones the companions never got the inspiration to become who they are, so they have to save him to save themselves so they can save him.
>>
>>79301901
He's been erased after insulting the Moff
>>
What are the essential expanded Doctor Who canon infosorbments?
i.e. Faction Paradox, Downtime, Mindgame, Australian K9 show, etc
>>
>>79303252
>What are the essential expanded Doctor Who canon
"Essential" as in best? Closest in spirit? Most discussed by fandom? Most likely to be referenced in Doctor Who itself? Most influential on other spinoffs? Has the rights to the most important stuff from Who?
>>
>>79303252
Mindgames Trilogy is essential thoraxcore
>>
>>79298447
Check your privilege, shitlord. As a half-Eskimo trisexual genderspongy octoplegic albino squirrelkin, I am positively furious at the ongoing suppression of my people by the writers of Dr Who. Thanks for triggering my PTSD, you monster.
>>
>>79303377
Yes.
And also, is The Stranger (by Nick Briggs) canon? or just coincidence that mysterious stranger and his friend "Miss Brown" are played by Colin Baker and Nicola Bryant
>>
>>79302383
It's not that much of a Who ripoff, more like what Who would be if created as a 21st century American show:

* Everyone's a superhero.
* Lots of guns (and bows and swords) on the good side, and no Doctor figure to disapprove.
* Instead of one or two companions there's a big ensemble team.
* No need for alien mythology, because all popular Christian mythology is unequivocally true.
* America is where all of history and culture happens—except before 1776, when it's still England.
* Simpler allegories: the evil Nazi aliens must look like figures out of Germanic myth, not blobby things in pepperpot robot suits.
>>
>>79303514
>And also, is The Stranger (by Nick Briggs) canon?
It's all canon. The Doctor has said as much in a minisode, not to mention multiple books and audios. Nick Briggs may think he's not making canon, but he's wrong. And not because he has a license to do it—the AVs are as canon as BF. Why not? Because some of them contradict the TV show? The TV show contradicts the TV show.

>… or just coincidence that mysterious stranger and his friend "Miss Brown" are played by Colin Baker and Nicola Bryant
If you watch past the first two videos, they're clearly not Six and Peri, and their world clearly isn't the Doctor's. But if you just watch the first two and stop, sure, why not.
>>
>>79303514
While the first three may be (and usually were) taken as Doctor Who by another name, the departure here of the Miss Brown character (for which Nicola Bryant had not used her Peri Brown American accent) and the Stranger himself being likewise "returned to his proper time and place" at the story's conclusion allowed for a move to divorce the series from any such notions. The adventures of the Stranger ran in all to six videos (and four audio dramas, although the second audio drama was much the same as the sixth video), in the later half of which the series established its own style and distinct back story, abandoning any pretence of being the further adventures of the Sixth Doctor under another name (or lack thereof). The Stranger was thus eventually given an identity as the series' continuity was tied up.
>>
>>79303252
http://doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Ostentatious_Obscurity

It actually gives a pretty good overview for most of the stuff out there, how it's connected to Doctor Who, how it relates thematically, and whether it's any good.

It does kind of lump all the BBV/Reeltime/etc. "look ma, I've got a license to one side character" stuff together, and it doesn't mention that the main character of Kaldor City is definitely Avon from Blake's 7, but other than that, good starting point.
>>
>>79298366
Read this as:
>According to the BRAAAP figures
>>
>>79298447
BBC likes to shout diversity from the rooftops but deep down they're scared that making the protagonist of their long running shows anything other than a white male will scare the masses away

Even with nuTop Gear they still had chris evans and matt leblanc as the "main" hosts and all of the diverse hosts were shoved to the side
>>
>>79304714
BBC are running focus groups and studies to see whether the short-term press hype they can get from a female Doctor will be greater or lesser than the short-term internet anti-hype that /pol/ and Reddit will create.

But the point of those studies isn't even getting an answer, it's delaying the decision because nobody actually wants to be responsible in case they decide wrong, so they're hoping Chibnall will just pick a Doctor and spring the choice on them, thus volunteering to be the scapegoat for hiring/not hiring a female/black/bi/trans/Irish/turtle-alien companion.
>>
>>79305238
Even though you've got no sources this is 100% believable
>>
>>79305365
>Even though you've got no sources this is 100% believable
That's why Twenty-Twelve/W1A weren't that funny—too realistic to be a parody.
>>
>>79303478
>As a half-Eskimo
Why are Eskimos always used as the example of an unlikely and silly diversity group? As an Aleut, I… can't even finish this joke, I'm sorry.
>>
File: post-S10 capaldi.jpg (98KB, 670x409px) Image search: [Google]
post-S10 capaldi.jpg
98KB, 670x409px
So what do you think Capaldi's going to do after Doctor Who?
>>
>>79306441
start swearing again
>>
>>79306441
Partake in a bunch of feminist anti-Trump rallies
>>
>>79306441
>So what do you think Capaldi's going to do after Doctor Who?
He seems more interested in writing and directing nowadays than acting. I'm guessing adapting a Jonathan Lethem story.

But he's still got the Paddington Bear movies.

Plus, what's Ferguson doing right now? Perfect time for a Dreamboys reunion tour!
>>
File: DWLr.jpg (76KB, 435x768px) Image search: [Google]
DWLr.jpg
76KB, 435x768px
This is your new Doctor

Wat do
>>
>>79306730
I would fucking kill for a new EP
>>
>>79306063
>Why are Eskimos always used
DON'T STEREOTYPE ME!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>79307023
>I would fucking kill for a new EP
Even if it includes covers of Who Is the Doctor, Who's Dr Who, Doctor in Distress, and Companion Application?
>>
>>79307223
ESPECIALLY if it includes those
>>
>>79307018
I'd like the next guy it wont be a lady to wear a cape.
>>
File: hayleycape.jpg (220KB, 889x1600px) Image search: [Google]
hayleycape.jpg
220KB, 889x1600px
>>79307515
>I'd like the next guy it wont be a lady to wear a cape.
Reminder that Hayley Atwell may have only worn a minicape so far, but that's still closer than anything Andrew Buchan's ever put on.
>>
So now that Haley Atwell has literally been officially confirmed as the 13th Doctor, what should her first lines be?

Bonus points: comments on her gender change in a clever, tasteful way
>>
How will /who/ react if the next Doctor really is Andrew Buchan?
>>
>>79308292
I imagine just moderate disappointment. The true question is, what the fark will the reaction be if the next Doctor is really Haley? The Atwell posters would assume full control of this general for the next three years
>>
>>79307991
One day, my giddy aunt, reverse the jelly baby. Brave heart, carrot. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. One of the things you'll learn is that it's all real. No more etheric beam locators—this is so unexpected—I was fantastic. I'm so sorries are cool, pudding brain. The world has changed, and none of us can go back. All we can do is our best, and sometimes, the best that we can do, is to start over. But sometimes, just sometimes, the best that we can do is to keep going. Nardole, open the door, Murray, cue my theme, they're not getting away with this, not with me here. You out there, you coming to watch?
>>
>>79308385
>I imagine just moderate disappointment.
Exactly. Just a big meh.

But, as Charlie Brooker pointed out, nowadays the world could use more meh…
>>
I want Billie to be the next Doctor
>>
>>79308567
Billie... Piper?
>>
>>79308567
>I want Billie to be the next Doctor
Why did I choose this face? It must mean something. It must… musical episode?
>>
>>79308584
No shit
>>
>>79307991
PETER: And I think that I was.
NARDOLE: Was what?
PETER: (Smiling) A good man.
[The regenerative energy shoots out sharply; Nardole recoils from the brightness, and the pained groans of an old man quickly become those of a young woman. The Doctor is reborn.]
HAYLEY: Oh—!
[The previous Doctor's shirt buttons pop off. One strikes Nardole in his left eye, and the other pierces the Time Rotor. Gas shoots out from the center column as the Cloister Bells ring. Nardole moans loudly.]
NARDOLE: Oh God, my eye!
THE DOCTOR: Sorry! Jethrik-pleated buttons! They could tear through a thousand star ships at the right speed.
[The Doctor moves toward Nardole to inspect his eye; the TARDIS interior lights are phasing in disarray. Suddenly, she takes a sharp breath and pulls back. Nardole continues to groan.]
THE DOCTOR: (painfully) Oh, something's different, something's—something's wrong. This body feels wrong.
[The Doctor recovers and moves to Nardole. She removes his hand from his eye and inspects it.]
NARDOLE: How bad is it?
THE DOCTOR: Bit of an eyesore..
[The Doctor sees her reflection in a now-offline monitor screen. Her eyes widen.]
THE DOCTOR: (smiling) But I'm not.
[The TARDIS jerks and the pair go flying. The Doctor steadies herself as Nardole continues to flail across the floor. The sounds of ancient engines groan with difficulty.]
THE DOCTOR: Oh, wonderful, one of the buttons struck the Time Rotor — we're headed down Nardole!
NARDOLE: I can't handle another accident!
THE DOCTOR: (moving around the console, attempting to avert the inevitable, like Atwell deniers) Well, it's not my fault! It was his—the one before me! Him and his fancy buttons. He wanted to look all nice and gaudy. So prideful!
[The TARDIS again lurches; Nardole cries out and The Doctor laughs for the first time in her life.]
The DOCTOR: But that's men for you!

DOO WEE OO
>>
File: Billie-Hayley.jpg (338KB, 1280x978px) Image search: [Google]
Billie-Hayley.jpg
338KB, 1280x978px
>>79308804
Glorious.
>>
>>79307991
Please make the source available for this. You have made news for this in many forums and still it being only ever made notable here. I am making doubt that it is news.
>>
File: moustache.jpg (45KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
moustache.jpg
45KB, 600x800px
>>79308385
>The Atwell posters would assume full control of this general for the next three years
That sounds like the best timeline.
>>
File: 1486687500474.jpg (75KB, 750x732px) Image search: [Google]
1486687500474.jpg
75KB, 750x732px
>>79308804
Okay
>>
>>79308385
>>79309155
Makes me glad there's no chance it'll be Atwell
>>
I want the Doctor to have a fairly serious disposition and to be played by an actor in his/her 50s (Capaldi came close to this but descended into an embarrassing dad in his second series). Is such a thing impossible in the shallow and youth-obsessed 21st Century? Should I give up hope and stop watching this show?
>>
>>79308804
Is this a leaked script
>>
>>79309978
>Is such a thing impossible in the shallow and youth-obsessed 21st Century? Should I give up hope and stop watching this show?
You should give up sounding so pretentious
>>
>>79310218
I'll try to be less articulate and succinct in future so I don't irritate and/or intimidate you. Now answer the fucking question.
>>
>>79309978
>Is such a thing impossible in the shallow and youth-obsessed 21st Century?
Yes, what a shallow and youth-obsessed century this is. When will people stop being obsessed with youths like 34-year-old Hayley Atwell, 43-year-old Olivia Colman, or, for that matter, 39-year-old Richard Ayoade?

Things were so much better in the late 20th century, when nobody mentioned 34-year-old actresses, even if it was because anyone who hadn't become a sex symbol by 20 might as well focus on her waitressing…
>>
File: laughing dr whos.jpg (53KB, 478x318px) Image search: [Google]
laughing dr whos.jpg
53KB, 478x318px
>>79309978
>Is such a thing impossible in the shallow and youth-obsessed 21st Century? Should I give up hope and stop watching this show?

>>79310594
>this entire post
>>
>>79310602
Did you actually read my whole comment or did you just feel like ranting? All of those actors are under 50 and I made clear that gender is irrelevant. The 21st Century IS a more celebrity and youth-obsessed society than the 20th. There are literally scientific studies proving that people are getting more vain and narcissistic. It's just common sense you ignorant cunt. NOW ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION.
>>
>>79310784
Is anyone gonna answer my question? Or are you all just rude cunts incapable of honest discussion?
>>
>>79310787
Yeah, we need to get back to how it was in 1963, when youth culture and celebrity worship were kept well in check.
>>
>>79310846
Why would anyone answer someone who comes along, curses at and insults everyone, and then calls everyone else rude?

If you want them to try the exact same thing with the next Doctor as with the current one, you have no understanding of Doctor Who, or why it's survived for over five decades. The rest of us have learned to get over the fact that Davison isn't Baker, or Troughton isn't Hartnell, or at least Capaldi isn't Smith. You'll get over it too. Or you won't, and you'll leave our fandom, and we won't have to hear from you anymore. Either way sounds good to me.
>>
>>79310877
Do you honestly believe that youth culture and celebrity worship were as culturally important in the 60s as they are today?
>>
>>79310966
When the FIrst Doctor and his companions wanted to look at the 15th century, they watched Shakespeare. For the 19th century, Abe Lincoln. For the 20th century, the Beatles.
>>
>>79310896
That yeast-infected CUNT of a poster responded with a laughing meme. You don't think that was rude?

I don't expect 13 to fit my criteria but I'm wondering if they'll EVER return to an older grumpier Doctor in my lifetime (and I'm 23).
>>
>>79311079
The Beatles weren't on Twitter or Heat magazine or Celebrity Big Brother. Things are much worse now.
>>
File: 1378104590036.gif (447KB, 320x219px) Image search: [Google]
1378104590036.gif
447KB, 320x219px
>>79310594
>I'll try to be less articulate and succinct in future so I don't irritate and/or intimidate you.
>>
>>79311084
>I'm 23
Well, no wonder you think people being self-centered or narcissistic means they must all be "youth-obsessed", because you've never stopped to realize that many people are not 23, and, say, a 50-year-old man obsessed with himself and his tastes would hardly be youth-obsessed.

And of course you think things were better in the 1960s-80s, because you have no actual idea what things were like, and can therefore imagine anything you want.

And yes, the Beatles weren't on Twitter or Heat or Celebrity Big Brother—because they didn't have to be; when the Beatles are all over mainstream BBC1, there's no need for any youth-focused media.
>>
>>79311084
I'll admit my reply was rude but you sound like a pseudointellectual wanker when you whine about "the shallow and youth-obsessed 20th century" and the fact that you thought it was your diction rather than the content of your statement that seemed pretentious because you're just to intelligent 4 /who/ reinforces that impression. As far as successful 21st century tv shows starring older actors go, House, Louie, and Breaking Bad exist.
>>
>>79311145
>The Beatles weren't on Twitter or Heat magazine or Celebrity Big Brother
No, they were on Doctor Who.

And in the 21st century, while Justin Bieber is on Heat Magazine, Kylie Minogue—a star in her 40s whose fandom peaked in the 1980s—is on Doctor Who.
>>
>>79311284
Oh look. I gave away a tiny bit of personal information and someone uses it to attack me. Stay classy 4chan.

Narcissism is stongly associated with beauty and beauty is strongly associated with youth. That doesn't mean that all narcissisti middle-aged people are getting cosmetic surgery.

Almost nothing was better in the 60s to 80s (or almost any decade that isn't the current one) but a less youth/ce!ebrity/beauty obsessed society is something that was.

The Beatles were celebrated for their talent first and looks/youth second. With modern pop stars it's often the other way round.
>>
>>79311757
>Stay classy
You don't get to say "stay classy" when you respond to one person laughing at you by calling everyone else cunts and insulting them for not answering you, and then insulting them again when they try to answer you. You may be the only person in the world not even classy enough for 4chan.
>>
>>79311837
I remember being very selective about who I called a cunt. Anyway, a shit ton of replies and long counter-replies by myself and not one of you has answered my question. What a pointless waste of everyone's time. I'm off to bed.
>>
>>79311933
>I remember being very selective about who I called a cunt

>Is anyone gonna answer my question? Or are you all just rude cunts incapable of honest discussion?

So much for your memory. And your ability to scroll upward.
>>
File: 1313286506751.gif (848KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1313286506751.gif
848KB, 320x180px
>>79311933
>What a pointless waste of everyone's time.
Welcome to 4chan.
>>
>>79311989
fuck off, old man
>>
File: 2stTC07.gif (2MB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
2stTC07.gif
2MB, 500x260px
>>79312176
That's awfully rude young man. Didn't your mother teach you manners?
>>
>>79311933
>I'm off to bed.

>>79311989
>fuck off, old man

How did I know you were lying about leaving?
>>
File: 1311919595639.gif (103KB, 304x168px) Image search: [Google]
1311919595639.gif
103KB, 304x168px
>>79312340
Psychic? Time traveler? /who/ knows?
>>
Is Matt Lucas going to be in season 10 a lot?
>>
>>79312461
I think he's been photographed filming 4 or 5 episodes per twatter, however someone mentioned on here that moffat had said he's in every episode, I think lucas has contradicted that, also from an anon on here.
>>
File: 1443536253681.png (593KB, 626x599px) Image search: [Google]
1443536253681.png
593KB, 626x599px
Post your face when you realise that Cloister won't live to see the 100th Anniversary special. Pic related.
>>
File: RoryShock.gif (558KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
RoryShock.gif
558KB, 400x226px
>>79312537
>>
>>79312563
That looks more like your reaction to the heart attack that's going to claim your life in a few years time.
>>
>>79312461
>Is Matt Lucas going to be in season 10 a lot?
I believe the only actual quotes are:

Matt Lucas: “I’m chuffed to bits that Nardole is returning to the TARDIS for some more adventures. I loved acting with Peter and I’m excited to work with Pearl.”

Steven Moffat: “Delighted and slightly amazed to be welcoming Matt Lucas back on to the TARDIS – and this time it’s not just for Christmas, he’s sticking around."

And, when Moffat was asked directly whether he's a regular companion or a recurring companion, his answer was something like "I don't know your definition of 'recurring companion'".

So, it sounds like he's probably going to be more of a regular companion than River Song, but maybe as much as Amy or Clara.

Or I'm reading too much into.

Or Moffat is lying.

Take your preferred grain of salt.
>>
File: ohwell.gif (997KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
ohwell.gif
997KB, 500x280px
>>79312609
Nah, more like this one. I've had fun. Certainly worth the price of admission.
>>
>>79312661
Personally, I'm expecting they're going to cure aging and most causes of death just in time for me, but have no way to reverse aging we've already undergone, so I'll be trying to watch the 100th anniversary through cataracts and presbyopia and 80% hearing loss. Maybe you're better off.
>>
>>79308804
If there's a Haley doc, they better have her chest bursting through Capaldman's outfit otherwise don't even bother desu
>>
>>79312705
>through cataracts and presbyopia
I think they'd be capable of fitting you with a digital eye before immortality biological, or singularity wise. They already make em for some blind people, although it's early stage now and pretty rudimentary. One guy is working on one that fits in the eye socket currently. If you can make it then I'm sure you can watch the sets wobble with pristine clarity.
>>
>>79312705
You whippersnappers today, you wouldn't be posting like this if Cloister was still in /who/. You think you know anniversary specials. In my day, they got the old actors to come back instead of just using AI simulations in CGI bodies. Well, except Tom Baker. And we liked it. And we had memes that lasted days, not milliseconds. Eh, what do you mean didn't we get bored of them? Of course we got bored of them. But we still did them anyway. What's the point otherwise?
>>
File: 10goodday.gif (448KB, 250x144px) Image search: [Google]
10goodday.gif
448KB, 250x144px
>>79312842
>ywn port into /who/ using a head-jack ala keanu in johnny mnemonic/matrix
This legitimately makes me sad.
>>
>>79312822
>I think they'd be capable of fitting you with a digital eye before immortality biological, or singularity wise. They already make em for some blind people, although it's early stage now and pretty rudimentary. One guy is working on one that fits in the eye socket currently. If you can make it then I'm sure you can watch the sets wobble with pristine clarity.
Yeah, I know. I actually worked on software for early artificial retina technology. Back then, patients had to carry around a Walkman-sized battery and a handheld camera and training only worked for about 5% of patients, and although we technically gave them 10Kpixels and 256 shades of grey, the best anyone could actually see was that there's a blur in the upper left quadrant of their vision. But that was almost 15 years ago. I haven't kept up on that industry, but I'm sure things are improving.
>>
>>79312960
>wn port into /who/ using a head-jack ala keanu
Head-jacks are so retro. Why didn't you just get the wireless implant, you hipster?
>>
>>79313006
From the video I saw it didn't look/sound like it's gotten much better in that time, but desu I can't remember when I saw it. Definitely black and white and very blurry. Pretty cool that you worked on that betterment of man and all that, very commendable.
>>79313076
Because I was promised a cyberpunk future damn it and it's not my fault gibson and his contemporaries' vision was limited.
>>
>>79312960
YOU won't, we might
>>
>>79313130
>Because I was promised a cyberpunk future damn it and it's not my fault gibson and his contemporaries' vision was limited.
You know, I understand why Gibson and the Wachowskis (and Andrew Cartmel) thought neural interfaces would be an easier problem than wireless transmission, what with all of them put together knowing as much about actual computers as my grandmother. But it's a bit embarrassing that Bruce "Visionary in Residence" Sterling agreed with them.

Anyway, you can still wear mirrorshades and throw Japanese and Spanish slang into your English and take lots of amphetamines even without a brain jack.
>>
>>79310784
>literally stealing my picture

Go fuck yourself you worthless trip.
>>
File: Adam-Strange-002.jpg (270KB, 1600x488px) Image search: [Google]
Adam-Strange-002.jpg
270KB, 1600x488px
i saw Dr Who in thread name, so i am obliged to post that every single scene in every single dr who episode is completely worthless and meaningless to a rational, sapient organism. the show sucks huge green greasy donkey dick in every way possible, and i would be willing to personally destroy all copies of all episodes, and erase all mention of the show in all media. die die die. or do you want to know how i REALLY feel about it?
>>
>>79313163
You wound me sir. ;_;
>>79313231
Great stories though. I certainly never considered a such wireless proliferation in this day and age and I certainly fancied myself a computer geek posting on bbs via compuserve with a cradle modem. As for the shades amphetamines and wapanese/spanglish, I prefer wayfarers(another keanu influence no doubt) can only speak a laughable amount of spanish and 0 Japanese. I am however jacked on amphetamines at any given moment, legally prescribed of course.
>>
>>79313331
You should have put a "PROPERTY OF ANON, DO NOT STEAL" watermark on it.

>>79313417
I agree. Doctor who is fucking garbage.
It can tell any story in all of time and space and it always ends up a shitty looking celebration of mediocrity.
It's a predictable, safe formulaic children's show where the Le wacky man saves the day with some 'witty' banter and a 'clever' scheme.
The Doctor never goes anywhere in his development, just going from dark to light or dark to light depending on the incarnation.
It has no love for science or history, it just boils everything down for lowest common denominator. It's a waste of time and effort,
why don't you losers mature and watch some grown up television for a change.
You shouldn't watch doctor who unless it's with your own children but I really don't want these plebs procreating. And I say this as a true fan.
>>
>>79313464
>Great stories though
Yeah, definitely.

I always liked Sterling best because he'd come on the pre-'91 WELL and listen to the crackpot ideas we came up with there and then write a story to show us how if we actually tried that we'd end up either murdered or arrested or destroying the world. Sure, if it hadn't been for him, maybe we would have been the ones who made millions off microwave internet or Bitcoin or whatever, but it was still fun reading well-crafted sci-fi stories where we all got murdered by the Russian Mafia.
>>
>>79313639
>I always liked Sterling best because he'd come on the pre-'91 WELL and listen to the crackpot ideas we came up with there and then write a story to show us how if we actually tried that we'd end up either murdered or arrested or destroying the world.
Sorry I missed that. Sounds like a blast. I think there's still money to be made on crypto currencies, it's just not the gold rush everyone expects. As far as I'm concerned I'm living in the future and marvel everyday at today's life's little technological miracles. Whether those authors were prophetic or somehow inspired some innovations im pretty glad for that little niche, preparing some of us with what was to come. I was so hyped and thankful for the appearance of Psi in time heist as a little nod to it all.
>>
File: 1457998139159.jpg (190KB, 868x690px) Image search: [Google]
1457998139159.jpg
190KB, 868x690px
>>79312797
Wouldn't be the first time her incredible tits tried to break free of their torturous confines.
>>
man, rewatching the 5th series of nuwho and it's so blatant the doctor cucked rory why did moffat do this
>>
>>79314373
He didn't though. He refused to sleep with Amy and went out of his way to try to preserve her and Rory's relationship.
>>
>>79314557
why all the cuck jokes
"yours is bigger than mine"
what did moffat mean by this
>>
>>79314569
I don't remember what's the context?
>>
>>79313971
>I think there's still money to be made on crypto currencies, it's just not the gold rush everyone expects.
Well, the original business plan was a little different than Bitcoin.

Your currency has an obvious floor (even worse, since it wasn't a real cryptocurrency in modern terms, but forget that part), and no obvious reason to rise over it, and nobody back then could imagine years of small-scale darkweb drug deals being a thing, so we were expecting it'd happen all at once. By taking on money laundering for the Russian mafia and their associated banks, of course. And solving the legality problem by just gradually becoming de facto accepted as something between a commodity and a currency, that didn't seem plausible, but if you've got the early 90s Russian mafia and banks behind you, all you need is a micronation nearby that backs your currency, and the Russian government will probably block the US from raiding that micronation with impunity. But there aren't any micronations bordering Russia, so you find some Sami separatists and encourage them to claim their ancestral island is no longer part of Finland.

So, you can see how someone could have gotten rich off this. But probably not the computer geeks from California who came up with the idea—once it was running, there'd be absolutely no reason not to just shoot us all, take it over, and find someone else who can maintain it on salary.
>>
>>79314654
the uv lights in the fish from venice episode

rory pulls out a micro flashlight and the doctor pulls out a 10 inch big black portable sun thingy and rory says "yours is bigger than mine"

what did he mean by this
>>
>>79314688
Nothing wrong with a few bants.
>>
>>79314790
cuckold bants is too far
>>
can't wait till the new Doctor is confirmed a male so you all shut up about fat fits Atwell. It's getting annoying.
>>
>>79315713
>can't wait till the new Doctor is confirmed a male
So you think the new Doctor will be someone who we won't even be sure what sex he is until they confirm it?

Are you hoping for a trans Doctor, or an androgynous one?
>>
>>79315713
Roastie detected
>>
>>79301759
Nah. Most fans wouldn't blink an eye at that.

Gotta be something else.
>>
>>79316343
>Most fans wouldn't blink an eye at that.
Yeah, it's hard to imagine gay or bisexual would shock anyone 10 years after Jack. But what would shock people about a companion? By this point, we've had companions who were male, ugly, old, non-white, non-human, gun-toting, chav, American, in league with the Black Guardian, played by Bonnie Langford, or even Adric. Unless Bill voted Tory in Thatcher's '83 or '87, what else is left? So I don't think it's anything about Bill's character or background; it's about the story.

Here's my guess:

Doctor: Here we are, London.
Nardole: Why do we keep coming to Earth in Clara's home and time?
Doctor: You sound like that schoolboy who used to travel with me and the girls, always moaning about going to Earth instead of Trion. This isn't Clara's time. She's not even born yet in 1983. (While talking, he opens the door, walks out, and runs smack into Bill.) And who the heck are you, and why don't you watch where I'm going?
Bill: I'm Bill. I serve chips. Who the heck are you?
Doctor: I'm the Doctor. I serve… justice? No, that sounds pretentious. I don't serve anything, I just faff around doing… things. This is Nardole. Well, no, this is a door, but Nardole's behind it. Come out, Nardole.
Nardole: Is it safe out there?
Doctor: It's London, it's 1983, I'm talking to a chip shop girl, what do you think?
Dot: (coming out the door of a pub) Someone calling? Bill, is that you? Who's that strange man you're talking to?
Bill: Says he's the Doctor.
Dot: What's with that blue box? Last time I saw something like that was '73, this little Scotsman came out, and then I thought he was a big man with a crazy coat. Confusing, it was.
Doctor: Oh no. No no no. That was a dream.
Dot: That's what I thought, too, but here you are again, in Albert Square, 10 years later. And Scottish.
Doctor: Anyone else feel a pain, right here in your head? Please tell me it's the dreamcrabs. Someone, Nardole, tell me. Bill?
>>
File: images-2.jpg (24KB, 376x265px) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
24KB, 376x265px
>clara doesn't get BLACKED at the end
MOFFAT MUST GO
>>
File: 1483545732611.jpg (277KB, 500x638px) Image search: [Google]
1483545732611.jpg
277KB, 500x638px
>>79301052
I sure as hell hope so.
>>
>>79303252
The Zygon porn
>>
;)
>>
>>79301052
Riton president !

>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4THVJAXUAAlr6M.jpg:large
>>
>>79303252
Captain Britain, Death's Head, Dirk Gently, the Phoenix Court trilogy, Big Finish's Tomorrow People-audio series, Blake's 7, the Diogenes Club book series, Brenda & Effie, Newbury & Hobbes, Kerides the Thinker, Baker's End and pretty much everything by Michael Moorcock.
>>
File: C4WforRXAAUtlky.jpg_large.jpg (79KB, 634x951px) Image search: [Google]
C4WforRXAAUtlky.jpg_large.jpg
79KB, 634x951px
_T
TQT
_T
>>
>>79317569
Sorry but your 12 kinda sounds like 11 desu.
>>
>>79316343
Nope.

https://twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/829482186382389248

CONFIRMED

That Dalek scene is the opening shot of Series 10 and it freezes as the Dalek is about to shoot them.

*record screech*

BILL: Hey. That's me, on the left. You're probably wondering how I got in that situation. That's a long story, but I feel like telling it. So let's go back...

*rewind sound*

BILL: I'm Bill. I serve chips.
>>
File: 106630469_moffat_295790c.jpg (25KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
106630469_moffat_295790c.jpg
25KB, 620x413px
>>79320280
Post your face when this is the very first scene of Series 10

https://youtu.be/xbMmsShghT4
>>
>>79320401
>>
>>79319082
You posted this months ago.
>>79320280
And this sounds like literal memery horseshit. I shall boycott Series 10 if this happens, and only watch Chris Chibnall episodes on 15 hour loops during the airing of Series 10.
>>
File: hello.png (55KB, 612x411px) Image search: [Google]
hello.png
55KB, 612x411px
>>79320401
>>
File: steven-mofatt.jpg (14KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
steven-mofatt.jpg
14KB, 624x351px
>>79320417
I hope you have enough food then.
>>
File: 1485382065918.gif (990KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1485382065918.gif
990KB, 500x250px
>>79320401
>>
Will Bill stay on for S11?
>>
>>79320280
Me on the left
>>
Will Bill stay on for S10?
>>
>>79320554
Doubt it. Seems as though Series 11 will be the new Series 5, i.e. everything will be new.
>>
As if people still watch Doctor Who lmao

Cringe
>>
Bill will get the show cancelled when she is cast as the next Doctor.
>>
File: C4WforOWcAARRHr.jpg_large.jpg (35KB, 306x806px) Image search: [Google]
C4WforOWcAARRHr.jpg_large.jpg
35KB, 306x806px
>>79319617
>S @LittleMissJLC 10h10 hours ago

>Jenna at the Harvey Weinstein pre BAFTA party tonight pic.twitter.com/M3ONYwylRl

>yfw Jenna's now a Weinstein girl

http://defamer.gawker.com/tell-us-what-you-know-about-harvey-weinsteins-open-sec-1695071092
>>
>>79320595
Hello faithful viewer
>>
Hope is a terrible thing on the scaffold.
>>
>>79320620
She looks old and sad ;_;
>>
>>79320620
JUST
or
CAN'T WAKE UP?
>>
that's gareth
>>
File: C4WforIWQAE7k7G.jpg_large.jpg (105KB, 634x927px) Image search: [Google]
C4WforIWQAE7k7G.jpg_large.jpg
105KB, 634x927px
>>79320670
>>79320694
>>
File: 1486644507631.gif (2MB, 480x240px) Image search: [Google]
1486644507631.gif
2MB, 480x240px
>tfw you will never cuddle with your boyfriend as he watches Face the Raven and cries
>>
File: reeee.png (238KB, 633x850px) Image search: [Google]
reeee.png
238KB, 633x850px
>tfw you will never spend an evening with sophia myles in full costume as reinette
>>
File: peter-capaldi.png (478KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
peter-capaldi.png
478KB, 1136x640px
>tfw you will never protest against non-renewable energy with Jo in the 1970's
>>
File: carter.jpg (142KB, 1024x759px) Image search: [Google]
carter.jpg
142KB, 1024x759px
>>79308804
Perfect.
>>
Rare Gareth sighting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuOFcG4ibtQ

1:45
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (40KB, 597x264px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
40KB, 597x264px
Ian Levine currently ranting against Steven Moffat and Doctor Who in general on Twitter. Don't miss it!

He's not wrong.
>>
>>79322263
Moffat IS fucking useless. His writing's gone stale and he's decided to juggle two jobs. I fucking hate him so much right now.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with Series 5 Silurians two parter.
>>
File: 1470702952952.png (82KB, 249x239px) Image search: [Google]
1470702952952.png
82KB, 249x239px
>>79322614
It's shit tier
>>
>>79322648
No it isn't.
>>
>>79322205
Holy shit, THAT'S GARETH!

>>79322263
Thought Ian died
>>
Introduce yourself!
>>
My headcanon is that the Hath are Sea Devils from the far future, allied with humans. Prove me wrong
>>
https://twitter.com/DoctorFreedom1/status/830412275412500481

>Series 11 is coming in 2019

Big Finish it is, then.
>>
File: 1459774077518.png (1MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1459774077518.png
1MB, 800x600px
>>79322263
>>
>>79323601
Why do the BBC think they can get away with this?
>>
>>79324284
This is their 5 year plan like Moffat said. They'll keep pushing back Chibnall Who until everyone forgets about it and Doctor Who is quietly cancelled.
>>
>>79324415
Or they just quietly let DAVE have it like they did Red Dwarf
>>
>>79324450
Did you forgive Dave?
>>
>>79324284
Can't be true. Whomever they pick as the next Doctor would age significantly.
>>
File: p03wv8tb.jpg (33KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
p03wv8tb.jpg
33KB, 704x396px
>>79324581
Can't age if you don't pick him until 2018.
>>
>>79324801
Good and tasteful use of a normie meme but Peter regenerates in 2017 at Christmas
>>
>>79324831
Cut to credits mid-regeneration, have Andrew Buchan in a wig regenerate in 2018.
>>
>>79322263
He's not wrong you know. RTD managed 14 episodes a year while co-running two spin-offs.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>79324831
who says his replacement is actually going to show up there?
>>
>>79324871
RTD was unironically the best thing that ever happened to Doctor Who.
>>
>>79324831
This >>79324909 is what I meant too.
>>
A new trailer will air on BBC One in exactly one month.
>>
>>79324909
I agree with you here. Moffat is always trying something different.

Definitely wouldn't surprise me if his era ends similar to the War Doctor's regeneration - with the scene cutting out seconds before the face change
>>
I just realised this won't happen. Now I'm sad.

https://youtu.be/irQwoDipvVs
>>
>>79322263
it's chibnalls fault there was a gap though
>>
Wow. Big mistake getting Chibnall for showrunner. Big mistake.

He obviously can't even be bothered to do the job.

I bet if they hired Gareth Roberts instead, we'd have 2 series' out by now, with a further 3 in production.
>>
>>79325719
Ok Gareth.
>>
>>79320620
Jenna's on the casting couch right now.
>>
>>79298031
>2018's incoming showruiner

It's airing in Spring 2019 now, as opposed to Fall 2018
>>
>moffat does another series to give chibnall some time
>he still hasn't done anything and isn't ready

what a lazy cunt

hope broadchurch s3 bombs
>>
>>79325719
When is this meme gonna die?
>>
File: the_couldve_been_king.png (89KB, 476x128px) Image search: [Google]
the_couldve_been_king.png
89KB, 476x128px
>>79327492
Some may call him Abaddon. Some may call him Krop Tor. Some may call him Gareth. Or Old Roberts. Or the King of Despair. The Deathless Prince. The Bringer of Night.

And these are the words that shall set him free.
>>
File: meme.jpg (59KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
59KB, 540x960px
>>
>>79327392
You never know, Broadchurch 3 might be such a spectacular and embarrassing failure that the BBC decide to fire Chibnall and replace him with literally any other writer who likes Doctor Who and is willing to make one series a year.
>>
>>79326924
The only thing that would justify such a long hiatus would be another full-on reboot like 2005. Everything would have to have to look and feel different to 2005-2017 (apart from the police box), possibly with a new backstory for the Doctor and longer/shorter episodes/seasons. But this won't happen because Chibnall's already too steeped in NuWho.
>>
>>79325388
I often wonder if any other people were asked to be new show runner. Obviously, Gareth Roberts wasn't.

Maybe Toby Whithouse was asked (he was show runner of Being Human, so has the necessary experience). But refused because he didn't want the hate mail.
>>
>>79328841
There's no way Chibnall was their first choice when Whithouse was a possibility
>>
>>79328040
Why don't they just completely reboot the show? The new Doctor doesn't have to be the one following Capaldi. In fact, i'd much prefer it if the '13th' Doctor's regeneration number was kept ambiguous, and he's a Doctor from the far future. That way they could completely detach themselves from the 2005-2017 era
>>
Blink but it gets faster every time someone blinks
>>
Face the Raven but it gets faster every time the raven croaks
>>
Dalek but it gets faster every time the Dalek says exterminate
>>
Aliens of London but every time a slitheen farts it slows down 5%
>>
This is a cool thing to see and it takes me back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpcE4O6_nIQ

Someone's first reaction to Doctor Who.

"Is he a doctor? I think he's a doctor"
>>
>>79330156
The Unicorn and the Wasp but it gets faster every time it wins a BAFTA
>>
The Impossible Astronaut but everytime a Silent appears you forget it
>>
>>79330280
>Nice to meet you Rose, run for your life!

Forgot how GOAT Eccleston was
>>
>>79330576
Best Doctor by far
>>
Series 3 in its entirety but every time the Doctor mentions or refers to Rose it gets faster
>>
https://youtu.be/fk2O7eKAes8

That felt weird.
>>
Series 5 in its entirety but every time I am the Doctor plays it gets faster
>>
>>79330666
Y at-il des versions françaises d'un qui est Gareth! épisode?

De plus, de beaux numéros!
>>
Anyone got a link to that Last Dalek flash game that works?
>>
>>79330736
Of course and thanks.

https://youtu.be/ZdqRPOsY3ms
>>
File: 1486698336287.png (11KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1486698336287.png
11KB, 400x300px
Hey /who/
Are you tired of capeshit threads, "meme" threads, celebrity gossip threads, political threads, and porn threads?

If you're looking for Real film discussion come join us at /lbg/>>79318541 at /lbg/ we have Real film hobbyists, who have Real opinions about films we love (and hate, haha)so if that's your cup of tea, come on down.

And please, don't be an embryo.
>>
>>79330795
salut! C'est Gareth!
>>
>>79330806
This is a thread that solely discusses Doctor Who. Please do not advertise here again.
>>
C'EST GARETH!

https://youtu.be/TxLpKqOlA_I
>>
>>79330892
God I forgot how shit production values were in the RTD era.

>that fucking shot of the crowd running and the doors closing
>>
There's literally nothing wrong with that scene and I mean it.

https://youtu.be/xbMmsShghT4
>>
>>79331080
Bill's dialogue is insufferable for one.
>>
>>79331222
*Asbill
>>
>>79331312
*Asbill as Lil' B
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (57KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
57KB, 960x720px
>>
>>79330774
>>79330774
I remember playing that in primary school. Makes me nostalgic as fuck.
>>
>>79330774
Here you go
>http://www.iptv.org/promo/doctorwho/default.cfm?page=game
>>
File: Barrowman.gif (336KB, 300x165px) Image search: [Google]
Barrowman.gif
336KB, 300x165px
Barrowman just let Keith Lemon into his Keyhole.
>>
File: 640140ffd5-1486663983074.jpg (67KB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
640140ffd5-1486663983074.jpg
67KB, 625x352px
>>79332772
>watching Keith Lemon
>>
File: BGMT came.gif (1014KB, 400x170px) Image search: [Google]
BGMT came.gif
1014KB, 400x170px
>>79332827
>Not watching ITV Kino
>>
File: TenNut.jpg (55KB, 600x345px) Image search: [Google]
TenNut.jpg
55KB, 600x345px
>>79298031

9000+ Years in MSpaint
>>
>thread is 26 hours old
>>
>>79330806
There are times when im tired of /who/threads desu
>>
File: 5th doctor.jpg (582KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
5th doctor.jpg
582KB, 1600x1200px
>>79334444
Ah, I see! Well, go on, pop off! We'll just stay here in the warm glow of /who/! Come back when you realize what a grave mistake you've made!
>>
File: 740full-hayley-atwell.jpg (518KB, 740x1114px) Image search: [Google]
740full-hayley-atwell.jpg
518KB, 740x1114px
>>79334230
Once Haley is officially confirmed we'll get more activity than you're comfortable with
>>
>>79334920
>more activity than you're comfortable with
IN YOUR PANTS!
>>
File: Red hot mad.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Red hot mad.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>79335873
>tfw no Ferugson interviewing Capaldman as the Doctor

I'm still fucking mad
>>
>>79334920
I'm not even a tits man but HOLY SHIT.
>>
>>79322263
Sad!
>>
>>79334444
Any time someone's talking about clara I just check the fuck out.
>>
>>79335942
Craig's starting up some kind of podcast/radio show soon, maybe he'll be on that before regeneration
>>
File: Hayley-Atwell.jpg (63KB, 615x993px) Image search: [Google]
Hayley-Atwell.jpg
63KB, 615x993px
>>79336177
Haley turns everyone into a tits man
>>
I love how they still hang out.
>>
File: pepe49.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
pepe49.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>people unironically want a women
>>
>>79336723
>people unironically can't spell woman
>>
File: 1443537712356.jpg (70KB, 404x349px) Image search: [Google]
1443537712356.jpg
70KB, 404x349px
>>79336723
>a women
>>
>>79336723
We don't want a woman as the Doctor. We want a literal fertility goddess.
>>
>>79335873
>>79335942
But we do have Ferugson interviewing Hayleydoctor.
>>
File: 1463091686891.jpg (495KB, 2022x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1463091686891.jpg
495KB, 2022x3000px
>>79337397
Good god, that hug must have felt INCREDIBLE.
>>
Facts you didn't know about Russel T Davies

1) His real name is Stephen Russel Davies
>>
>>79320554
Doubt it. Like Martha and Donna, she'll be a companion for one series.

A complete Chibnall reboot will happen.

Whether Chibnall wants this is questionable. Moffat and other writers had already planned and written some episodes before Tennant announced his departure.

Pretty sure Chibnall would've wanted Capaldi for his 1st series for an easier takeover.
>>
>>79337441
jesus christ hayley
>>
Hope they don't take too long announcing the next Doctor, so the hayley posters can fuck off
>>
>>79320637
>Hope is a terrible thing on the scaffold.

Probly how Chinballs feels.
>>
Do you think boardies would watch chibnall's reboot like people did when s5 aired?
Because s8 and s9 were exclusively for /who/, and even most of who wasnt very enthusiastic about it
>>
>>79338264
Stop saying "boardy".
>>
>>79338264
They should, but I think it's probably down to how BBC market it which isn't a good sign.
>>
>>79337441
Hold on is that her nipple?
>>
>>79338280
I'm sorry, I used this term for people to understand.

>>79338300
I really HOPE that they didn't abandon Doctor Who to be niche fairy tail for christmas. I remember when people were so hyped about it that it was a literal suffering to last a week before new episode.
>>
>>79338264
Does it occur to you that most of the people who browse /who/ also go in other threads on /tv/ and other boards on 4chan? We're not all tumblr immigrants in a sanctuary general
>>
>>79338404
I'm not sure what you're referring to but I just mean the BBC don't have a good record for marketing. Look at how they fucked up Class. What they need to do is market Chibnall's Who as if it's a brand new show, and entice audiences that way. What they'll probably do is treat it as the long-standing show it is and just focus on fans, even though they're the least important part of the audience and the one part that doesn't need convincing to watch the show.

Basically, less Doctor Who is Back, and more Look at what this Interesting Show has to Offer
>>
>>79338545
>Look at how they fucked up Class
What are the chances they didn't bother marketing it in the first place because higher ups had no faith in it and didn't want to waste the money?
>>
Damn, series 5 were gold times.
No matter what people say, I enjoyed every single episode. Even Victory.
They are all fun, clever enough, we've got a couple (finally!).
Miss 2010 ;_;
>>
>>79338529
"boardies" just refers to people who frequent /tv/ but not /who/, not sure why it upsets you so much
>>
>>79338529
nice try
go back to /tv/
>>
>CONTACT
>beedle beedle beedle
>>
>>79338359
Nah, it's just a pressure mark from her dress squishing those nice fat tits
>>
File: Doctor and Donna meet again.gif (1MB, 320x182px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor and Donna meet again.gif
1MB, 320x182px
Series 9 was the best one of nuWho. Series 4 second best.

Loved the Doctor/ Clara relationship. But also the Doctor/ Donna one too.
>>
>>79338978
But I see the big, pink areola.
>>
>>79339043
Why do people believe that season 9 is great?
Werent you annoyed by absolutely terrible senseless Ashildr plot?
Did you like mediocre Zygon episodes and wasted Fisher King?

Heaven Sent in top3 eps of nuwho though.
>>
>>79339149
Because it has the highest average episode quality of any series
>>
>>79339149
The Zygon episodes were a step above what we usually get. And in what way was the Fisher King wasted? He wasn't an interesting idea, his only merit was the design and even that wasn't that great.
>>
>>79339149
Yeah, I honestly do not get people who like it. The worst NuWho season yet.

It's okay to say that Capaldi's great but his stories aren't. Moffat's gone stale, and that's fine to admit.
>>
>>79337441
Like hugging a bouncy castle

Nice frontr bumper
>>
Haven't followed DW in a while.

Are they getting rid of Moffat yet?
>>
>>79339261
yes, but he's being replaced by the writer of dinosaurs on a spaceship
>>
>>79339235
I'm not sure if it is worst, for me it's series 8[/spoilers] probably.
But I really dont understand all the excitement over S9.
>>
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jan/31/doctor-who-new-time-lord-woman-peter-capaldi

Why's it got to be like this, man.
>>
S9 was a turd. Only series for me with more clunkers than good eps.
>>
>>79339435
>Captain Erisa Magambo
>That weird looking guy from the IT Crowd that I can't stand
>Aziz Ansari whom I love but would not love as the Doctor
>Goddess of Fertility makes my dick hard every time Hayley Atwell

You can only pick one of these four, /who/

WHOMST?
>>
>>79338697
Class was aimed towards the 16-24 yr old audience. My nieces and nephews liked it. But it was too YA for me.

I preferred the episodes that focused on Quill.
>>
>>79339515
It's Atwell for me every time. /who/ threads would be legendary during her reign.

I think she's a great actress though. The fertility goddess thing is just a huge bonus.
>>
Has anyone ever believed their own hype more than Neil Gaiman?

https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/829971608169230337
>>
MOFFAT ERA RANKINGS
GO

5 > 8 > 9 > 6 > 7
>>
>>79339515
I might be heavily biased towards Hayley Atwell, as I've loved her for a few years already. Note that the tits are only a plus, a bonus in what's to me an overall great choice. The icing on the cake.
>>
>>79339605

8 > 9 > Everything else

Moffat is a total fuck. Puts Hollywood-style action before plot. Matt Smith's character was fucking awful too. Let's make him a little bitch who runs away for hundreds of years!

Capaldi was great, but 9 was a total shitfest when it came to writing. 8 was pretty decent.
>>
>>79339435
>at a time of urgent debate in British TV about diversity

>urgent debate
is this really happening? Why is it urgent?
>>
>>79339685
Don't you think Moff actually did a great job in series 5?
>>
File: 1477131621380.png (287KB, 507x550px) Image search: [Google]
1477131621380.png
287KB, 507x550px
>>79339605
>>79339685
>8 > 9
>>
>>79339435
Yes, pandering to the third wave feminists worked so well for the Ghostbusters reboot.
>>
>>79339149
the zygon episodes were good though
>>
>>79339797
I liked the speech and pretty much it.
Clara was horrifying IMO.
>>
>>79339846
>Clara was horrifying IMO.
how is that bad? she was a villain.
>>
Replace Doctor Who titles with synonymous substitutes.

Common articles and conjunctions (the, and) need not be changed.

Make one up and write a one-sentence summary and see if people can guess it.
>>
>>79339880
Horrifyingly bad.
>>
>>79339915
how?
>>
>>79339551

Her sex scene in Black Mirror made me hard as diamonds
>>
i liked series 8 but it was objectively worse than 9.
the danny/coalhill stuff was dreadful and took over a good chunk of the series. most of the episodes were meh too. go rewatch, its not bad but it was not a good series.
>>
File: 1482748072447.png (1MB, 823x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482748072447.png
1MB, 823x1080px
>>79336723
>There are people on /who/ right now who DON'T want Agent tittymonster as doctah
u have abysmal taste friendo
>>
>>79339149
>Why do people believe that season 9 is great?
I enjoyed it and was hooked to see the next episode after each one. The most 'hooked' I'd been since series 4. That's all, just my opinion, don't want to get into an argument.

>terrible senseless Ashildr plot

I was intrigued by the idea of an immortal without the capacity for immortal memories. Would have liked this to be further explored in the show.

>Did you like mediocre Zygon episodes and wasted Fisher King?

The Zygon 2 parter is in my top 10 of nuWho stories. Gr8 TV it from start to finish. UtL/ BtF was good but not great.
>>
>>79340023
I rewatched it recently and it's definitely worse than I remember, and I was never that fond of it in the first place. Doesn't help that 12 is an asshole throughout it
>>
Is Heaven Sent a good episode to introduce people into the show?
>>
>>79339923
This. Her loud moaning as she gets eaten out by her robo boyfriend was better than hardcore porn.

I'm torn between wanting her as the Doctor and wanting to see her in some other show that isn't family-friendly so we have a better chance of seeing her do more scenes like Black Mirror.
>>
It's page 7, but the moment has been prepared for
>>79340292
>>79340292
>>79340292
>>
>>79339235
>The worst NuWho season yet.
>worse than series 2
>worse than series 6
>worse than series 7

weak bait
>>
>>79340279
No, it will give them a false impression of how good the show is and everything after that will be a disappointment. You want to open with an episode that's pretty good but not GOAT.
>>
>>79340105
Might not have been popular with casuaI viewers, but I liked asshole don't give a fuck what anyone thinks of me 12.
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.