[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 65

File: 1461612983756.jpg (134KB, 1024x663px) Image search: [Google]
1461612983756.jpg
134KB, 1024x663px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>54183241
>Moving_Together__Does_it_work?.thread
>Running_together__Staying_together.trid
>Trace.prog
>Runner_community__How_close_knit_are_they?.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 10 (80% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, who the fuck put their red underwear with my white armored suit?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Doing_The_Dishes.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Community Edition
How close are your runners?
Do they live together?
Do they help each other with normal stuff?
Or do you only meet during runs?
>>
File: IMG_1551.jpg (105KB, 800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1551.jpg
105KB, 800x1066px
>>54205314

How about using the money from lower-paying, easier runs to buy the gear and other stuff you need to commit to higher-risk, higher-rewarded runs?
>>
File: gamingmap.jpg (51KB, 736x460px) Image search: [Google]
gamingmap.jpg
51KB, 736x460px
>>54205385
They live together. Recently split up because one guy wanted a classy Akihabara Gaming house (High Lifestyle) and the others stayed underground after having his fixer hook him up with a Yakuza-protected apartment in Chiba.

It's a hassle for the DM to tell 4 different stories and only progress the plot during runs. I figure some kind of private connection must be there for a decent story.
>>
>>54205385
damn I was just about to post the next one but you were too fast for me.

Good on you.

>>54205451
we only play once every 2 weeks and the rate our sessions go a job takes about 3 to 5 sessions so that rate of progression would take too long. In universe explanation is a lot of the PCs are in debt and need to start punching well above their weight to keep the kill squads at bey
>>
>>54205385
Our group is pretty varied economically but they're good friends and hang out outside of missions. Two Ancients members (a phys-ad speed freak and our rigger) plus a former Telestrian corporate brat decker, a human face, and an Ork street sam.
>>
>>54205385
Not in a game right now but I've noticed a pattern of behavior emerging in a lot of the games I've been in through the years.

>How close are your runners?
Usually bros. If there are any runners of opposite genders in the real they often end up in a sexual (but not necessarily committed) relationship. Runners that don't get along usually end up killing each other pretty quickly.

>Do they live together?
Not often. Separate lifestyle expenses and all that.

>Do they help each other with normal stuff?
Not often.

>Or do you only meet during runs?
Pretty much. Even the Runners who are literally fucking each other.
>>
>>54205527
>in the real

In the team. God damn smartphone spell check.

No, my groups don't often have casual sex IRL. Pity.
>>
File: dnd.gif (32KB, 468x240px) Image search: [Google]
dnd.gif
32KB, 468x240px
>>54205564
Gaming Orgy?
>>
Do your runners ever clash ideologically? Has it ever produced any interesting results?
>>
File: IMG_1570.jpg (48KB, 317x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1570.jpg
48KB, 317x400px
>>54205595
Those actually existed once upon a time back in the day. But you had to be involved in some kind of LARP. They might still exist but I haven't LARPed since the 90s
>>
>>54205385

>How close are your runners?
Range from professional respect to drinking buddies

>Do they live together?
No, but all but one of them live in the same neighborhood.

>Do they help each other with normal stuff?
yes.

>Or do you only meet during runs?
The outsider is currently like that but may end up moving in with one of the others because their gambling problem is sapping their lifestyle.
>>
>>54205515
My suggestion is to either give out something big and use the no-questions rate given for contacts, or something smaller and let them negotiate a price out of their fixer or fence with a penalty to net hits based on how much below 4 the loyalty is, effectively.
>>
File: Vote Dunkelzahn 2.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Vote Dunkelzahn 2.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>>54205601
Other than the classic, "How much are your morals worth?"

Once played a game during the Seattle elections, with a lot of the runs connecting to the political game. My character was an orc rights activist trying to set up an independent Undergound/Puyallup. Almost came to blows with another party member (a bleeding heart college kid) when he found out I was actively trying to destroy a candidate who wanted to revitalize the district so his corrupt but inept opponent would win and the orcs would have an easier time asserting de facto self-rule.
>>
File: silke.png (92KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
silke.png
92KB, 212x278px
How do you guys interpret Shadowrun "karma"?

When I first started playing (1st edition!) I thought it was just D&D "experience" renamed. In other words: It didn't matter how much of a saint or a sinner you were, if you completed the Run successfully and also accomplished additional goals along the way, you got Karma. But eventually I realized "karma" might have been closer to the dictionary definition of a character's current actions having a supernatural impact on them in the future. I bought and ran a few official Shadowrun adventure books back in the day, and I came to realize that they rewarded karma for characters doing "the right thing", in spite of essentially being professional criminals. The recent Shadowrun games (Shadowrun Returns, Dragonfall, and Hong Kong) only reinforced this as it rewarded Karma for selflessly helping people out because it's the altruistic "right thing to do".

This had made me realize that Shadowrun characters, while they're free to behave like completely amoral scumbags, they won't be getting any bonus karma. But if they do "the right thing" in spite of being criminals, they should be rewarded Karma. I think this is meant to be a way to keep player characters in check from completely degenerating into That Guy behavior, or treating a game of Shadowrun as if it's just a Grand Theft Auto murder spree on the table top with dice. And I actually appreciate this method of keeping players in check: By offering a positive reward for not being COMPLETE assholes in spite of being professional criminals, but still leaving them free to do utterly Evil and amoral things if they want to for whatever reason.

With that said, what do you think? How do you interpret Shadowrun Karma? Am I doing it right? Am I doing it wrong? How do you think it was meant to be?
>>
File: Good Boy.jpg (49KB, 600x565px) Image search: [Google]
Good Boy.jpg
49KB, 600x565px
>>54206175
That's explicitly how it's always been. The rule of thumb has been that do-goodery pays less well in nuyen, but you get heaps more karma, which was more important back in the day when your runners were expected to do lots of work for people like Mothers of Metahumans and other causes, instead of jumping right into corporate proxy-war. If you pop open 5e core, the run reward table breaks down the balance between karma and nuyen, depending on what you're doing (so wetwork gives lots of cash but little karma, and rescuing shifters from trees is the opposite).
>>
>>54206175
>>54206222
I can understand the reasoning (people with bad intentions often have loads of cash, normal people simply haven't)
but to me it gives this picture that awakened prefer good runs (because they really need karma but don't have much use for nuyen) but mundane prefer evil runs (because being mundane costs a SHITHEAP of money, but doesn't use karma much)
And that a group might say "well normally we would do a good run, but we need cash so let's do some evil stuff"
>>
>>54206315
Yeah, it's presented a little too cut and dry.

I have it be the more unconventional the run, the more karma. So if the run is to do something weird or if shit hits the fan, then they get more karma. Sometimes they also get more money from those, but usually they don't. If you just want a source of income, go with something safer and cleaner. If you want to learn something about yourself, do the bizarre or dangerous.
>>
>>54206315
>And that a group might say "well normally we would do a good run, but we need cash so let's do some evil stuff"

This is legit roleplaying. Even though the group might be doing it for purely meta reasons, it's not all that uncommon in a dramatic or real-life sense for otherwise moral individuals to have a lapse in conscious and "look the other way" for short term gain, whether out of greed or because they believe they NEED the money for whatever reason - even if it's to buy their child cancer treatments.
>>
>>54206360
>If you want to learn something about yourself, do the bizarre or dangerous.

Give us an example of "the bizarre"
>>
>>54206391
>"steal 100 troll sized dildos, plant them on top of building XYZ, then lube all of them and set the roof on fire"
You'll learn something about yourself, if only that you can sink this low for nuyen. And that a distraction works best if it is unconventional

Not that chummer
>>
File: walter white.jpg (356KB, 1368x1712px) Image search: [Google]
walter white.jpg
356KB, 1368x1712px
>>54206378
Forgot my pic
>>
>>54206427
...yeah sorry, even though doing "the right thing" might be just a little too 'cut and dry', and some might be offended by believing that the game is trying to push some kind of morality onto them, I think I'd prefer that over...

...what you just described. And anything like it.
>>
>>54206466
Do remember that I'm not the chummer that advocated for bizarre runs giving more Karma
Just something that came into my mind
I think I'll make this a run if nothing else
>>
>>54206391
Well, bizarre is probably an overstatement. I more mean keep things mixed up. If a group mainly does heists in pretty much the same way, they'll get diminishing karma rewards from doing heists. If they do something like, say, a stealthy assassination, then they'll get karma more in line with what they were getting when they first started doing heists.

A bunch of gangbangers pulling off a bank robbery would have similar effects.

Doing something really outrageous and once in a lifetime, like raiding the Zurich Orbital or killing a dragon would obviously reward the most possible karma.
>>
File: 5249138-bumblebee.jpg (27KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
5249138-bumblebee.jpg
27KB, 320x320px
One of my players is planning on making a Pixie Technomancer. Should I be concerned?
>>
>>54206809
>Pixie Technomancer
impossible
And this is not because such an abomination needs to be killed (it does)
but because the rules do not allow it
Pixies have a magic stat and you can't have both a MAG and a RES stat at the same time
>>
>>54206809
1) RAW impossible
2) tons of rad flags, no more racial options from "Run Faster" for him.
>>
File: But That's Heresy.jpg (33KB, 413x569px) Image search: [Google]
But That's Heresy.jpg
33KB, 413x569px
>>54206836
IIRC, everything but shifters can go down to zero MAG. So if through heinous snowflakery they took some cyberware, then Emerged, I think it's OK RAW.
>>
>>54206873
I haven't seen anything about it in 5e but in 4e you could only get Deltaware, which means you can't start with a MAG<1.
Also AFAIK only metahumans and emerged critters can get RES.
And there are no ways to give someone RES like there is with MAG

SO I'd rather ask what allows a pixie to become a technomancer
>>
>>54206809
This smells like massive bait.
>>
>>54207034
No cyberware restrictions in 5e, so that's not an issue. I don't recall any specific rules in any edition saying that only metahumans/critters could get a Resonance score. And Emergence happens later in life, not at birth.

It's some advanced fuckery in terms of abusing what's intended, but I don't think it's technically against the rules.
>>
>>54207170
While most sources in 5th are very ambigous on the topic of Magic and Resonance, I'm sure everyone can agree that the message is clear, one or the other.

But 4th edition would literally screw this idea.

"Magic and Resonance are mutually exclusive attributes. A character who possesses a quality that grants a Magic of 1 or higher cannot have a Resonance attribute."

SR4E 20th - p. 68
>>
>>54207356
I am aware that you can't have both (it's spelled out in 5e too); I'm saying that you can drop the pixie's inherent Magic of 1 to 0 through Essence loss, and then Emerge. They never have both Magic and Resonance concurrently, just sequentially.

Even off of that rule in 4e, it doesn't say that a character who has had a Magic score can never have Resonance, or vice versa.
>>
>>54207438
>Even off of that rule in 4e, it doesn't say that a character who has had a Magic score can never have Resonance, or vice versa.
That depends on whether you interpret them being pixies as a quality
because as that quote said you can't have RES> 0 if you have a quality that gives you a MAG score (so a mage can't have a RES rating even if he burns out)
But again, this is a 4e rule and if 5e permits Pixie TMs then that is on par with their other decisions
>>
>>54207438
That seems to be technically legal, but i'd kick every Player from the table who tried it.
Not specifically for this cheese, but rather for the mindset he shows.
I'd also unironically would recommend them to work in law or economics.
>>
>>54207438

>>54207438
>Even off of that rule in 4e, it doesn't say that a character who has had a Magic score can never have Resonance, or vice versa.

But it does.

"A character who possesses a QUALITY that grants a Magic of 1 or higher cannot have a Resonance attribute."

Reducing that attribute through essence loss does not remove that quality. You still have the quality that lets you raise your magic through Karma.

It just doesn't work.
>>
>>54207535

Mean to quote that post for this post.

>>54207583
>>
>>54207583
a, good
>>
>>54206873
Everything can go down to 0/X Magic, but what you need to do is drop your maximum Magic to 0, otherwise you're still not eligible for Resonance. And doing that will absolutely fuck your maximum Resonance, assuming the GM doesn't just say "Nah, bro. Try again." Either way they're helping you, and ditching your Mag/Res jumping concept at the same time.
>>
>>54207583
I was going off of the rule in 5e where you lose the quality for Magic/Resonance if it reaches zero. Reading the 4e rules, I can't seem to find the same clause. my bad
>>
So how the hell are ultra-glide filled paint grenades supposed to work?

I understand coating a surface, but does the agility test apply to things people are already holding if they're in the blast zone?
>>
>>54208096

Does the ultra glide slip in between your hand and the weapon you're holding?
>>
>>54208103
i know lube does. So I assume so.
>>
>>54208169
Listen to this man. He has splattered himself with lube in the name of science. Respect that.
>>
>>54207438
Being a Pixie gives you a MAG score. Even if you drop that score to 0. A MAG score of 0 is still a MAG score. No Resonance for you.
>>
File: d44e5306c4ded5edc6c6cf7173ae8ce8.jpg (131KB, 907x1389px) Image search: [Google]
d44e5306c4ded5edc6c6cf7173ae8ce8.jpg
131KB, 907x1389px
>>
>>54208360
Is he here for the pixies or the lube?
>>
>>54208034
Wrong for 5e, though a common misconception.
You don't burn out if Mag reaches Zero, you burn out if MAX Mag reaches Zero.
Big difference that in practice means that a character with exceptional Attribute MAG could get stuffed with 5,99 Points of Ware EVEN IF HE NEVER BOUGHT ACTUAL MAG HIGHER THAN 1 and still not be considered "burned-out".
>>
>>54208404
Kill the pixies, steal the lube
>>
>>54208483
Fuck the pixies, use the lube.
>>
>>54208440
Right for 5e, at least for Resonance.

>For every point (or fraction thereof) of Essence lost, both your current Resonance Attribute and your maximum Resonance Rating are reduced by one. If your Resonance ever reaches zero, you lose the Technomancer quality and all Resonance abilities.
Core 250

The book uses 'Resonance' elsewhere to refer only to your score, not to your maximum possible rating. Can't find the citation for the Magician quality offhand.
>>
>>54208501

That's some sloppy rule writing. They mention two instances of Resonance (Current and max), yet don't specify on which instance reaching zero that you lose the Technomancer quality.
>>
>>54208544
>That's some sloppy rule writing.
What did you expect, chummer?
Good editing?
From CGL?
>>
>>54208558

Well not really, I've come to expect this from fifth.
>>
>>54208404
>>54208483
>>54208499
Not crushing and refining the pixies down into premium fey lube.
It takes a bit of work to keep them from dissolving back into the astral but the product is worth it. The Aztechnology execs swear by it.
>>
>>54208501
For resonance, yes, for Magic, no.

Remember this because i didn't want to believe it and somebody showed me.
Raged quite hard, made my hate for awakened bollocks only stronger.
>>
>>54208600
>implying 4e was better run

It was mediocre before Actual Shadowrun Villainy, and way down afterwards- 5e managed to level out and started crawling back up in the past few books. 4e just lucked out that their core rules were done beforehand.
>>
>>54208861
>4e just lucked out that their core rules were done beforehand.
Why is it that the Germans are so much better at SR design?
>>
File: 1402419548511.jpg (143KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1402419548511.jpg
143KB, 1280x720px
Asking for clarification: If a Runner has a datajack, cybereyes and cyberears with anetnnae, does he still need to be directly connected to his commlink with a cable to access the matrix? Or can the Datajack wirelessly connect itself to the runner's commlink?
>>
File: It Werfs Flammen.jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
It Werfs Flammen.jpg
62KB, 600x600px
>>54208877
You know the Germans make good stuff.
>>
>>54208887
With that set up the runner can see AR objects and hear AR sounds pretty much always. The Datajack and ears/eyes both need to go down for that to go away.

The runner can also use the DNI to give commands to a comm or deck and use it without touch. Except for things that might actually need touch to use, like say a stun dongle.
>>
>>54208861
>4e just lucked out that their core rules were done beforehand.

Well yes, that actually speaks for 4e being better in that regard. Doesn't speak for CGL having done a better job though.
>>
>>54208951
So if a comm's sitting on a nearby surface, turned on but unconnected, the runner should be able to perform casual matrix/AR surfing like watching future-youtube videos and instant-messaging and the such?
>>
>>54208983
More than just casual stuff. Editing is also on the table, if the thing's got a mod that gives a Sleaze or Attack rating then hacking's on there too.

Or sending out radio, or making an actual phone call, or project a trid, or play a music file. And more as based on the stuff the commlink has according to page 438 that almost never get used.
>>
File: 1467417171899.jpg (19KB, 265x188px) Image search: [Google]
1467417171899.jpg
19KB, 265x188px
>>54209024
Brilliant, cheers anon!
>>
>>54209080
I want a pixie to fist Eiger's ass while she eats out Hestaby, who is fellating Plan 9's furry headcase dick!
>>
File: HBS.jpg (48KB, 225x308px) Image search: [Google]
HBS.jpg
48KB, 225x308px
I loved Shadowrun Returns, Dragonfall, and Hong Kong.

Has Harebrained Schemes or anybody mentioned any more Shadowrun games being done in the future?
>>
>>54209828
No, they're done for now. Maybe in the farther future they'll make another, but it'll be a different engine entirely at the very least. They may never do another.
>>
>>54209828
If they are, it's pretty certainly going to happen after the Battletech game is done.
>>
>>54209828
They've said they aren't doing any for the forseeable future. They want to do mech stuff now, eventually swing back to SR with a new engine years down the line.
>>
>>54209427
>I want a pixie to fist Eiger's ass
So you don't want her to notice?
>>
>>54210432
I'm pretty sure even Sasha Grey would notice if someone jammed an unexpected pencil up her back door
>>
>>54210492
Sasha Grey wouldn't clench and shatter bone though.
>>
File: 51292-Nika.jpg (197KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
51292-Nika.jpg
197KB, 1024x768px
>>54210492
I recently learned that Sasha Grey did a reading of Neuromancer as an art project. I had no idea who she was before then. The internet taught me, though.
>>
>>54209828
>no shadowrun game that takes place in Amazonia or Aztlan

I'll never get to play a Jaguar.
>>
File: download.jpg (3KB, 316x159px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3KB, 316x159px
So, we all know that the Adrenaline Pump is the worst piece of 'ware in the game - not only will it deal up to 18(!) stun damage to you once its effects are up, but it can trigger by accident.

So, is there any remotely viable build that uses an R2 Adrenaline Pump?

Pic related because you gotta go fast
>>
>>54210570
Probably some kind of troll, especially if the GM more sensibly interprets it to mean that the pump wears off before the roll instead of only using your bare stats.
>>
>>54210492

Lets remember that Eiger is also like 2 and a half pixies taller than her.
>>
>>54210607

Still, what kind of ware/qualities would you need to get some use out of the pump, but not not crash out?
>>
File: 1435611878190.jpg (411KB, 1280x1256px) Image search: [Google]
1435611878190.jpg
411KB, 1280x1256px
>>54210570
>R2

Trogger, the real trick is to use a Rating 1 Pump in conjunction with Muscle Toners/Enhancements.

The bonuses on Attributes are cute, but the killer is the pseudo-paineditor available at chargen.

The stun damage will stay manageable and the Duration is usually enough to put you through that single ugly fight in which you are really needing it and can't affort to suffer negative effects from damage modifiers.
Sure, as soon as you can get a pain-editor, Switch it out for that, but again

>chargen legal
>>
>>54210768
Troll, Exceptional Body, Platelet factories, and good edge. If you get un/lucky and roll more than two on your d6 then you might consider spending edge on the resistance roll.

It's not immediate, but also consider Symbiotes for extra healing.

Now if the GM allows other boosts to qualify (but not the boost of the pump), then consider a Pain Editor and Suprathyroid gland.

If it's also considered a damage resistance test, then bone density too.
>>
>>54210849
>getting a pain Editor to compensate the damage from Adrenaline Pump
>getting a Suprathyroid Gland to compensate

>bone density for shock-induced damage resistances

dude...
>>
>>54210895
The main problem with the Pump, to me, isn't the damage but how swingy the thing in overall.

The duration and the damage are both determined by a d6 roll and because of the die pool there's really no good way to not crash after a fight if you roll a 6 and have a rating 2 or more.

Especially if the GM goes literal and neither the body bonus from the gland nor the will bonus from the editor apply.

Now, rolling over 20 dice can help if you didn't take a lot of damage in the fight, but ironically the only way to actually not crash is the Pain editor.
>>
>>54210974
see
>>54210799

If you are taking the pump at anything above level 1 you are doing it wrong
If you are taking the pump for the Attribute bonuses, you are also doing it wrong
>>
>>54211024
The person asked for rating 2 though, and that's what I tried to think of real quick.

It's like asking for direct hacking Technomancer build before 30 karma. A bad idea, but if you ask for how, I'd give answers for that, not petnomancing.
>>
>>54211079
There are no viable chargen-legal builds for R2 though.
And by "viable" i mean something that hasn't a high Chance of completely knocking you out or maybe even killing you after every combat.
Its not even "bad" or "not competetive", its basically a death sentence and would go well with "borrowed time".
>>
>>54211207
I think that on average a Troll with Exceptional Body 11, Will 5, and Edge 6 has a chance of not going out on a high roll for R2. Probably still going to want to hope for some exploding 6s on that roll if you got 'lucky' and it's going to last for twelve turns.

I'm not even sure what you're attacking with, though.
>>
Every shadowrun chase https://youtu.be/4z1sBt9_zII
>>
>>54211290
>I'm not even sure what you're attacking with, though.

The idea of trying very hard to build something that just doesn't work instead of doing the proper thing and telling the guy in question that he can have something similar, but not exactly what he wanted.

If somebody is showing you a hammer and a nail and asking you if he can open a door with that, you don't show him where to hammer the nail into the lock and break it in the process. You tell him its a bad idea that he shouldn't pursue further.
>>
>>54210538
link to the reading please.
>>
>>54211439
I too am interested in this. For purely academic reasons.
>>
>>54211439
>>54211487
Sorry guys, I couldn't actually find a recording of the full 6 hour reading http://tmpspace.com/post/72389179976/case-2009-performance-new-museum-of
>>
File: Bad Idea.pdf (55KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Bad Idea.pdf
55KB, 1x1px
>>54211386
I'm not quite sure why I did this beyond the perversity of saying that now I kinda worked at the idea and made what you said more applicable.

But I did. This is not a good character, and it's not complete because that would be far more effort than I wanted to actually put forth for something I'm doing just to make somebody else more right.

Posssibly. I'm tired and might just be misreading some wit.

I did figure out what to attack with. Some kind of AR. I deliberately went with an R choice for possible licensing purposes because I went low effort and made a troll in normal priority. (Read, there ain't no hiding it.)
>>
How acceptable is it to have big players in your backstory?
Like, say, being the daughter of a CEO who got betrayed by his board of directors, and now having the goal of getting revenge on all of them?
>>
>>54212949
Named characters is generally where I draw the line, anything besides that is fine within reason, but take it up with your GM.
>>
>>54211386
>If somebody is showing you a hammer and a nail and asking you if he can open a door with that, you don't show him where to hammer the nail into the lock and break it in the process.
What kind of /srg/ have you been visiting? After explaining why it's a bad idea, 100% that's how it should be done.
>>
>>54212684
>CHA, LOG 1, INI 9 + D6

Plz no
>>
>>54209080
Franky, I'm not sure you need (or benefit) from the datajack to do that.
>>
I'm new to Shadowrun and am making my first character in 5e. I'm looking for advice on making a summoner, what types of spirits are good?
>>
>>54213517
All of them. The bigger, the better.
>>
>>54205385
>>Do not buy CGL books

Did everybody take that one anon's advice to put that in the OP post or has it been the same OP starting threads the past few times?
>>
>>54213517
All spirits are good, although ideally you'll want one with engulf for your combat spirit.
>>
>>54213517
Remember the rule that spirits can only do things within their category. No summoning one uber-spirit with a pocketful of services and having it do everything.
>>
>>54205385

Let's say you were going to make all 7 of your mage spells Shape [Material]. What would you choose?

>Metal
>Earth
>Water
>???
>>
>>54215254
how specific?
Because metal and earth are EXTREMELY VAGUE, wheras water is hyper-specific.
>>
>>54215254
Plastic? Ceramic? Rubber? Paint? Meat?
>>
>>54215254
Heart

the road to blood magic is paved with good intentions
>>
>>54215409

Shape [Material] allows the spellcaster to move and
shape a volume of a specified inorganic element or material
(air, earth, water, fire, mud, lava, plasteel, concrete,
tar, etc.) within range of the spell. First, the caster must
beat the material’s Object Resistance threshold (p. 295,
SR5) and then mentally command it to his whims. The
material can be moved and reshaped in any way the
caster desires at a maximum Movement Rate of (net
hits) meters per turn. Loose material can be moved and
re-shaped easily, but material that is connected or reinforced
(such as walls or other material part of a structure)
must be broken apart by reducing its Structure Rating by
Force points per Combat Turn. This
spell allows the caster
to rapidly dig holes, redirect streams, fill balloons, create
a path through a fire, construct a barricade, or create
a doorway where one didn’t exist before.
Each element/material requires a separate spell such
as Shape Sand, Shape Ice, Shape Wood, Shape Concrete,
and so on. Elements or materials reshaped by the
caster remain frozen in that form when the spell ends.
If that form cannot be supported by the material, it will
collapse into rumble. The material/element can also be
spread out, extinguished, or evaporated. For example, a
fire could be extinguished by reducing the Power by the
caster’s Spellcasting hits each turn.

Whatever specificity I need to be able to manipulate most of the physical world and still be allowed to do so by the GM.
>>
>>54215475
Those examples range from incredibly specific, referring to a single molecule type, to vague as fuck, referring to a whole range of possible things.
This is bullshit. It doesn't make a lick of sense. Magic is bullshit.
I mean, what in the fuck is "earth"? That is SO MANY THINGS.
>>
>>54215498

That's true. From among those examples alone you have earth and mud, which is like, why would you pick mud? Isn't it just a subsection of earth? Or does earth just mean dry earth?

This spell needs better parameters
>>
>>54215582
I think the entire spell is a trap designed to allow GMs to fuck you.
"Nuh- uh, you have move earth, you can't move clay"
"Nuh uh, you have move plasteel, this is normal steel"
>>
>>54215606

I guess it's the kind of spell that highly depends on how much of a dick or how soft your GM is. Can either be the best or worst spell.
>>
File: 1498742882486.jpg (80KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
1498742882486.jpg
80KB, 720x479px
>>54205385
>>>54215475
>Those examples range from incredibly specific, referring to a single molecule type, to vague as fuck, referring to a whole range of possible things.
>This is bullshit. It doesn't make a lick of sense. Magic is bullshit.
>I mean, what in the fuck is "earth"? That is SO MANY THINGS.

Magic =/= Science

If soil/earth is CONCEPTUALLY one thing in the caster's mind, it doesn't matter if the chemical compositions are hugely varied (say from region to region) or made up of 1 gajillion different chemical compounds.
Caster thinks of platonic ideal for a substance, looks at actual substance, thinks "yeah that is that thing," bing bang bibbity bobbity boo.
If magic made sense, it wouldn't be magic. The poibt is that it breaks the laws of physics, not that it is an addendum to them.
>>
>>54215498
>I mean, what in the fuck is "earth"?
If it's not rock, sand, or mud ...
>>
>>54215695
Great. My Hermetic would like to take Shape [Physical Matter], please; he's read enough textbooks that it's all one conceptual idea, contrasted with Astral Matter.
>>
>>54215695
So, if you learn more about earth, you lose control over more and more of it?
Because topsoil is very different from non-topsoil. Clay is way different than other soil types. What about soil WITH clay in it? What about rocky earth?
>>
>>54215695

This is great and all, and I agree with you but, what are the list of platonic ideals that are acceptable to be used in shadowrun as the Shape [material] spell?

Because as Heraclitus said all things are fire, and by Thales all things are water, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to play either of these two philosopher in a game.
>>
>>54215695
Look, I'm not asking for it to make sense with physics.
I am asking for it to make sense as a rule. As it stands, it's fucking nutbar that could mean whatever the fuck you want it to mean depending on GM.
>>
>>54215695
>If magic made sense, it wouldn't be magic. The poibt is that it breaks the laws of physics, not that it is an addendum to them.
Sorry anon, but in shadowrun they ARE following rules
that's why you can't time travel or teleport with spells or why you can't cast in space
>>
>path of the pariah null wizard changeling who manifests a negative background count around himself wherever he goes
The ultimate fuck you to wizards?
>>
>>54215732
>So, if you learn more about earth, you lose control over more and more of it?
Basically, no. They're wrong on it having anything to do with the caster's understanding of the target.
>>
>>54215856
Anon clearly has no idea how the rules work, in fluff or crunch. >>54215732 is just pointing out one of the many flaws in his reasoning.
>>
>>54215786
There is written material on manatech capable of transporting you to the astral planes and then returning you to a different physical location.
>>
>>54215880
Which book is this in?
>>
>>54215832
You don't need to be a changeling to take changeling negative qualities.

Also, mystic adept gets access to counterspelling skill and harmonious defence.
>>
File: Gun Arm.jpg (250KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Gun Arm.jpg
250KB, 1600x1200px
>>54215880
>>54215899
Lockdown

There is one guy who said that he could do it, but before the claims were properly investigated the city he was in collapsed due to nanopocalypse.

Also, he called himself Doctor Wonder or something retarded like that. It was clearly a con that never got fully played out.
>>
>>54215899
You'd have to dig it up - Market Panic, Stolen Souls, Lockdown ... it's semi-recent, and last time I went looking for it, I think Yekka was the one to finally point it out to me. All I remember is that it was in a red box that took up most of a page.
>>
The issue with magic in nearly any system is that it is turtles all the way down: the deeper you go, the further you probe, the less it actually makes sense. Solution: have good DM who is judicious in his or her use of handwaveium. Not a perfect solution, by any means, but c'est la vie, malheureusment
>>
>>54215695
In shadowrun magic is science. It interacts with nature, has patterns and rules and can be studied. It interacts in odd, often psychological ways which makes it looks like bibbity bobbity boo but there is an underlying structure. While it doesn't so much break the laws of physics but re-wrights or reveals exceptions in them.
>>
>>54215880
>>54215919
Lockdown pg. 56

And it's less travelling trough the metaplane than creating a stable wormhole through the metaplane to join two fixed locations on Earth.
>>
>>54216248
>While it doesn't so much break the laws of physics but re-wrights or reveals exceptions in them.
or rather operates on another set of rules, parallel to those of physics
>>
Would silicon based life produce a mana field?
>>
>>54216320
since it's organic life that creates mana I'd say no
Spirits are astral life, but they don't produce mana, they rely on it. And AIs don't produce mana either
>>
>>54213169
Like the name said, that was not a good idea. You can certainly leech points around as long as the Will and Body are untouched.

Now, initiative, that's going to have to be a drug thing for this character. There's no real way around it with the 'limitations' I put on making the guy.

>>54216320
I'm pretty sure the Obsidimen could use magic and were Namegivers. So the answer is a solid 'probably.'
>>
>>54216492
>Obsidimen
given that the closest we got to Obsidimen in SR is a Changeling I'd put that to "Organic Life"
>>
>>54216549
I don't think we've had more than one obliquely referenced T'skrang, so it's possible that the overall mana level isn't there for the Obsidmen.

But areas might have enough for a few. Besides, I was pretty sure that the Obsidimen and Windlings/Pixies weren't one of the ones that Earthdawn scholars wonders why they could interbreed, unlike Orks, Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, and Humans.
>>
>>54216549
That's more the case that they don't have an Obsidiman classification for Yoshida. High magic made someone's body weird? Stick them in the Changeling folder and call it a day. Doesn't actually say anything about his real biology.

>>54216575
Hideo Yoshida, EVO shareholder, turned into a big rocky dude during the Year of the Comet.
>>
>>54216275
but at those rules have to intersect at some point for magic to work at all.
If the rules of magic and the rules of physics have no way of interacting then even something as simple as astral projection is impossible, let alone throwing fireballs or levitation.
>>
>>54216575
We had one Evo guy that turned into a T'skrang like Changeling and the IIRC Mitsuhama one that turned into a Obsidiman like Changeling
>>
File: tumblr_osql4nskzG1urf4tmo5_1280.jpg (319KB, 1280x1164px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_osql4nskzG1urf4tmo5_1280.jpg
319KB, 1280x1164px
http://www.strawpoll.me/13384759

The spectre of supporting Chummer on other operating systems has been raised again, and I need input on what operating systems people prefer to use. I'd appreciate it if you could pass this strawpoll around hither and yon. I doubt anything will come from it, but I need to know how much of an impact it would be to drop support for Windows 7/8 in order to support Linux/OSX.
>>
File: What Is Tha-NO.gif (981KB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
What Is Tha-NO.gif
981KB, 384x216px
>>54216616
>dropping Win 7/8

You're a madman.
>>
File: tumblr_osql4nskzG1urf4tmo1_1280.jpg (228KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_osql4nskzG1urf4tmo1_1280.jpg
228KB, 1280x1280px
>>54216653
Honestly, if I do it it's waaaaaay down the road. Chummer's nowhere near where I need it to be for it to be easy to do. Too much business logic in the UI.

Besides, Windows 10's comfy.
>>
>>54216606
>>54216599
Indeed. But given the other stuff SURGE has given rise to that wasn't Earthdawn (that I remember, it was never my system I just kinda knew/read up on the connections), it's a question of if the Obsidimen and T'skrang eventually kinda speciated out or if this is a case of metagenetics being strange, coincidence, or how things started.
>>
>>54216701
I wonder if Ehran is creaming his pants at the idea that he can disprove Life Rocks as the source of Obsidimen, and instead demonstrate that they evolved from other living creatures, finally winning a debate with someone who died 6000 years ago.
>>
File: Who Watches The Watchers.png (205KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
Who Watches The Watchers.png
205KB, 894x894px
>>54216698
>Windows 10's comfy

Comfy as the embrace of a Big Brother
>>
>>54216748
I feel like with the exceptions of M. Leo, M. Foster, and sometimes M. Quinn, the answer for that kind of question and an immortal elf is basically yes.
>>
>>54216698
>Window 10's comfy
Please yekka don't tear the community apart like this
>>
>>54216461
What property of organic life creates mana? Do viruses create mana? How basic can I get and still produce mana?
>>
>>54216967
We know that plants do. Bacteria probably normally does not, and the model of life used early on probably doesn't count virii as alive.
>>
File: Little Wolf.jpg (97KB, 1138x533px) Image search: [Google]
Little Wolf.jpg
97KB, 1138x533px
>>54216967
Unknown. We know there are Awakened Minerals, so we can't use 'is there a magic form of this' as a measurement, and there's no astral spectrometer.

That said, I disagree with >>54216997, at least when it comes to bacteria. The amount of mana they may produce is infinitesimal individually, but we know that the ocean is one great glowing pool on the Astral because of all the microscopic life in it. Bacteria are one cell, but it's a living cell that can reproduce on it's own. Viruses are basically fragments of malicious DNA/RNA that float about until something comes along that they can use to reproduce.
>>
>>54217217
But they use bacteria and algae sprayed onto walls to form physical barriers in the astral.
>>
>>54217262
That's a special breed, as otherwise you've got a wall made of paper, essentially.

>>54217217
It's funny that I live by the sea, but think about the SR sea so little that the state of bacteria in the astral never even crossed my mind.

But given the concentration of bacteria in sea water, we could both be right. 109 per ml is both really huge and really small given the scale.
>>
File: midichlorians.jpg (48KB, 550x481px) Image search: [Google]
midichlorians.jpg
48KB, 550x481px
>>54216967
See there are these tiny organisms that produce mana...
>>
>>54217315
Ah, but you see, mana does not surround and penetrate all of us, so it's not at all like the most prolific gangrapist that is the force.
>>
File: IMG_0785.png (673KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0785.png
673KB, 750x1334px
>/dev/boi
Hot
>>
>>54213517
I heard insect spirits are strong.
>>
>>54217956
Toxic and Blood Spirits are too
>>
>>54217780
>Someone makes a new account to post identical things to /dev/grrl but as a boi, just to piss her off.
Please tell me this is it.
>>
Discord?
>>
>>54218124
no
>>
File: Dwarf Girl.jpg (49KB, 460x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Girl.jpg
49KB, 460x600px
>>54217780
What book is that?
>>
>>54216616
>Chummer
Frankly, you should develop and support for whatever one platform you want, and it should be up to whoever is using your software to do whatever it takes on their end to use your program if they want to. Especially if it's free.
>>
Information on the Black Lodge in 5e GO!

Or if you don't want to spoonfeed me, tell me which books go into most details about them. I want to know whether they are successful in fighting off the Great Dragons or not.
>>
>>54218244
Lockdown, last entry in the notable personality section
>>
>>54215745
This isn't a bad idea. FA gives us the Greek tradition. Shape Air, Earth, Fire, and Water, would be very thematic. And since they make everything in that tradition, I'd allow a lot of shenannigans.
>>
>>54218855
see
>>54215745
>>
>>54216616
If you're using VS you should just be able to port it to 7
Also, should totally make it compatable with CloverOS
>>
>Omega Dawn Claims Responsibility for the Corp Court Summit protest massacre. Chanting Pro Corp Slogans and brutally killing protestors they promise to as quote "Do the job for the Corps"

What would a Mega do? On one hand dead anarchists on the other hand its Omega Dawn who anticipates corp retribution
>>
File: Corpsec Andersen.jpg (125KB, 912x927px) Image search: [Google]
Corpsec Andersen.jpg
125KB, 912x927px
>>54219031
Issue a press release that they condemn excessive violence, even against violent protestors who were threatening innocent corporate citizens. Then go into their spreadsheet and bump up the amount of slush funds going to Omega Dawn.
>>
>>54219031
The same thing the current media corps do when reporting on ANTIFA.
>>
>>54219111
>>54219154

Aren't these the same thing?
>>
>>54219111
>Then go into their spreadsheet and bump up the amount of slush funds going to Omega Dawn.
This is something I don't understand.
Because AFAIK the corps actually don't like OD.
While runners are responsible for attacks against them they also need them, and if necessary can just pay them to get whatever they got stolen back.

Omega Dawn seems like the bright eyed new recruit that goes and slaughters the enemy, because they are the enemy and thus the bad guys.
Or the gardener that knows that insects are icky and thus indiscriminately kills all the insects, including those that pollinate.

Fuck, that's actually a great analogy.
Corps are plants, runners are insects. The corps are affected by insects, but also need them.
>>
File: 1459753496418.gif (2MB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
1459753496418.gif
2MB, 500x269px
I want to be a massive freak of nature, but I'm not in love with the whole "troll" thing.
What are some other options?
>>
>>54219362
Ork with Exceptional Attribute (BOD)?
>>
>>54219395
Hmmm.
Might work. Orks ARE pretty big.
And I do want the being big to be the freakish part, not the whole horns and dermal whatevers.
>>
I've never actually played Shadowrun before. What edition is the best (to start with?)?
>>
File: jerry-park-06 (1).jpg (90KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
jerry-park-06 (1).jpg
90KB, 800x800px
>>54219362
Also Quasimodo. There's your freak of nature, right there.
>>
>>54219429
>being big to be the freakish part, not the whole horns and dermal whatevers.
Troll with Metatype reduction?
>>
>>54219449
I would do that if I could have it be a from-birth thing instead of an operation.
I'd even pay the money.
>>54219446
The heck is a quasimodo?
>>
>>54219445
go to the OP Pastebin
read the document "GM advice"
>>
>>54219266
There's a value to having someone around who will do the absolutely dirtiest work, not only no questions asked but actively doing it themselves, who has no connection to your enterprise. They may not like OD, but giving your stormtroopers an outlet that also covers up your own misdeeds with gallons of blood can be handy. OD will never eliminate all the runners, but they can be pointed at loose ends and active threats.

>>54219460
Quasimodo is a quality in RF
>>
>>54219476
I'm gonna go look that up to see what the fuck it is.
>>
>>54219461
Thanks babe
>>
>>54219496
>>54219476
Aw, quasimodo doesn't make you a huge freak of nature at all.
Just a normal sized one.
>>
File: 1498262946458.jpg (49KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1498262946458.jpg
49KB, 665x574px
What kind of scenario should I run for one player?

It's my best friend so I'm not worried about it being weird, just hoping you chummers could give me some hot tips. The idea is it will be our own introduction to playing and we'll add other friends as we go along.
>>
>>54219573
>What kind of scenario should I run for one player?
What does he play?
What edition?
Where are you set?
>>
>>54219573
...Well?

You gonna tell us what kind of character they made?
What edition you're in?
What city you're running in?
>>
File: Food Cubes.jpg (751KB, 2147x1570px) Image search: [Google]
Food Cubes.jpg
751KB, 2147x1570px
>>54219573
Food Fight. Legitimately the kind of thing that works well narratively with just one player, and easy to scale/complicate/theme for his specialty.
>>
>>54219591
>>54219599
SHIT MY BAD.

He's thinking street samurai, probably dwarf given his other characters from D&D, etc.
Not sure on the edition but he said 2nd to 4th were the most well received? I only know stuff about the latest one.
Probably just Seattle.
>>
>>54219616
You'll probably want to play 5th edition if you want serious support.

But for a dwarf streetsam you can just go with >>54219601 without any serious problems.
>>
>>54219616
>Not sure on the edition but he said 2nd to 4th were the most well received? I only know stuff about the latest one.
read
>>54219461
>>
>>54219565
If I read it right it allows you to fluff it as whatever kind of freak you want as long as the DM agrees.
>>
So. My next shadowrun character has a Dog. Anyone got critter creation rules for 4e, i'm using Chummer. there anything I need to know or do I just pop in the fact that it's a dog and then leave it at that?
>>
>>54219822
>critter creation rules for 4e
???
Just pop open Running Wild, it contains Dog stats and costs
>>
>>54219833
yeah but I'm using Chummer. Do I just "create critter" hit dog then save as finished or what?
>>
>>54219842
Street Gear -> Gear -> Animals -> Dog
then just put in the price it had
>>
>>54219362

Exceptional Attribute (BOD) and Metagenic (BOD) Improvement from being surged.

But if you're willing to play Metavariants, I'd go for a Giant (Scandi Troll) as they lack both Horns and Dermal Deposits.
>>
>>54219842
And if you want to go to the dog stats from your character then you create a dog (through create critter), save it, and link the File through the "Pets and Cohorts" rooster (click on Add Pet, then on the chain on the right side and select the Dog chummer file
>>
>>54219722

While you are correct of the freedom it involves (I've used deformity to create a surge tyrannosaurus), I don't think he'd like being a huge freak of nature but with the normal strength of a human. That might be hard to move around as.
>>
Out of curiosity, how bad is it for an adept or mystic adept to start off with a magical attribute at 4 at character generation as oppose to 6? I just wonder if you can make due with a magical attribute of 4 with 4 spells as oppose ot a magical attribute of 6 with 10 spells?
>>
>>54220074
If he wants to play a big strong guy, he's got many options. If he wants to play a big strong ugly guy, still has options. If he wants to play a big strong ugly guy, but doesn't want to use any of the built-in options, he needs to start making choices about which is most important - being big, being strong, or being ugly.

Besides, you can still get BOD 7 or STR 7 as a human, let along a surged orc.
>>
>>54220172
since your MAG determines your dice pool and Force limit for spells and PP for Adepts it's generally better to have it higher
also increasing it in game is harder than just increasing it in CharGen.
Because in CharGen you just pay the Karma/Point cost, but in play you need to collect Karma (which takes a while since improving it to 5 costs 25 karma and to 6 costs 30) and it takes some time

Karma progression favors starting specialized and filling up your deficiencies
>>
>>54220271
So even if you could have a more well rounded character at char gen by taking a magical attribute/spell cut, it may not be worth it due to the cost you'd have to pay in karma to increase it?
>>
>>54220403
Yeah, it'd be cheaper and faster to round out your character in play.
>>
>>54220403
generally, yeah
remember that the costs in play rise linearly while your karma reward usually stays the same
so big improvements (e.g. MAG from 4 to 6) take a long time during which you can't improve much while small improvements (like increasing your AGI or getting a level in a gun) don't take long and cost far less
>>
I haven't paid attention to Shadowrun metaplot in a long, long, long, LONG time.

So who killed Dunkelzahn?
>>
>>54220908
No one is 100% sure, but a lot of people seem to think big D set it up himself, or at least knew about it and didn't try to stop it.

Something about fucking up the approaching Horrors.
>>
>>54220908
he himself
sacrificed himself to power an artifact to stop the increase of the background count due to the GGD
>>
>>54220908
Those two
>>54221022
>>54221030
have it good enough.

Most people wouldn't know enough to attribute it to horrors and specifically the things backing the original explosion of blood magic in the 6th world.

But it was more the horror attracting activities than anything else.
>>
>>54221030
>>54221022

Are probably both right, and with a zillion other reasons beside. How often do Great Dragons have just a single reason, or even only two for doing something?
>>
>>54216616
>>dropping Win 7/8

Are you insane?
For linarx nontheless?
>>
>>54219031
>not retconning omegaDerp out of existance

KYS
>>
>>54221301
actually both are the same reason
The GGD was started by DHC who got the instructions for it from the Horrors (though through some proxies)
This was because while the main effect of it was giving them control over the weather and volcanoes and shit, the secondary effect was a speeding up of the mana cycle
Since the bridge between the horror metaplane and our world is dependent on the mana level they wanted to increase the speed, leading to an early entry into our world.
To stop this Dunkelzahn sacrificed himself in a blood magic ritual to power an artifact, which combined with the spirit of IIRC an immortal elf would decrease the speed and delay the horrors by another few millennia, thus giving us the chance to build defenses against it
>>
>>54221391

Wow. The NAN are a bunch of bastards.
>>
>>54221429
It's not like they had any Idea that this was happening
>>
>>54221446

Wow. The NAN are a bunch of dupes.

And Aztechnology. What is it with Aboringinal Peoples and getting cozy with the Horrors?
>>
>>54221466
>falling for the reptiloid anti-"Horror" Propaganda.

look at this goy eh human
>>
>>54221466
>Literally drinking the (((dragon))) kool-aid
Good mortal, take a dose of this vaccine I made.
>>
Wired Reflex Optimization - definitely worth it, right?
>>
>>54219362
Consider the orc metavariant ogre, also if you take a shapeshifter with giant as their metahuman form they lose the dermal alteration (bark) and are basically 3m tall humans. If you'r using priority, both those options only require C priority (though the shifter will cost at least 25 karma) so they have much less of a drag factor than trolls.
>>
>>54216698
Hey yekka at the C priority Oni and hobgoblin metavariants still appear to have negative karma cost, which pretty sure isn't right, not when viewed in the context of them having costs at A and B. Of course CGL couldn't be arsed to remove the superfluous plus signs in the table that caused this confusion to begin with in the revised Run Faster.
>>
>>54221022
>Something about fucking up the approaching Horrors.
D was all about fucking up Horrors. Before that, his big plan was to turn all of humanity into front line drake troop cannon fodder for the war against Horrors. Lofwyr did not approve.
>>
File: Dunk.jpg (157KB, 1213x384px) Image search: [Google]
Dunk.jpg
157KB, 1213x384px
>>54221614
>>
>>54222111
>On the other hand, a few metavariant options end up giving the character a little extra Karma to spend. This extra Karma counts toward the Karma limit allowed for Negative Qualities.
Which ones count for this after your proposed change?
>>
>>54216273
>creating a stable wormhole through the metaplane to join two fixed locations on Earth.
Wasn't that the plot of Doom (3)?
>>
>>54222182
None, but it wouldn't be the first incomplete or irrelevant rule that doesn't mesh with the rest of system. I would consider the fact that they cost karma at higher priorities, that is you invest more to get less to be a stronger argument for my case, and if we go with your position the higher priorities should be made negative as well. Mind Hobgoblins probably do deserve some extra karma for being as gimped as they are, but it's Yekka shouldn't have to do CGL's job for free, they have freelancers for that.
>>
File: cry.jpg (219KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
cry.jpg
219KB, 1280x1280px
Can you Mix K10 and Dopadrine effectively?
>>
Hello I am intersted in shadowrun, I wanna look at the sourcebooks relating to magic and items. which ones are they
>>
>>54222459
which edition?
>>
>>54222403
sure
the bonus from K-10 is to the attributes
the malus from Bitter is to the actions
should be fine
>>
>>54222459
5E Core Rulebook, Street Grimoire, Run Faster, Run and Gun, Forbidden Arcana, Rigger 5.0, and probably Bullets and Bandages as well as Gun H3aven.
>>
>>54211594
huh that link actually works. I thought it was incomplete when I looked at it.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>54221739
riot containment

>DWYERS Calle

Captcha is a fan of wired reflexes
>>
>>54222534
Rigger 5.0 is probably more important than Forbidden Arcana, for first timers I'd skip that book, Shadow spells is more core than FA.
>>
File: 1223943884.jpg (232KB, 514x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1223943884.jpg
232KB, 514x1000px
Improve Charisma by 1 or get First Impressions? Post Char-gen so it's 22 Karma
>>
>>54223057
Mage with CHA tradition or not?
If yes, get the higher CHA
if not, get the quality
>>
>>54223057
Depends on how high your Charisma will be afterwards.
If >2, get first Impressions
>>
>>54222403
The main problem I see here is frequent use of K-10 is going to end with you permanently berserk, which is going to lead to you basically having to be on a constant Dopadrine drip to counter balance. Nephritic screens or no, that should lead to burnout addiction very quickly.
>>
>>54223247
It would be 4. It is basically my attempt as the street sam/biomedical expert/lucky guy to make up for lack of face in the composition.
>>
>>54223332
I think the 16 Stun damage might be the worst part about taking K10
>>
>>54223684
Its only 8 with Narco-Genmod
>>
>>54223434
That sounds like a difficult combination.
Go for first impressions then, its 2 dice instead of one.
Also get one of those +1d6 Skill High Fashion Suits and maybe tailored pheromones?
Sadly, there isn't much good ware for a face besides the pheromones and maybe the ultrasound mod that helps with intimidation roles.

Though 3 roles is really spreading it VERY thin.
>>
>>54223813
Narco halves duration, it only reduces damage BY 2. and the damage is 18S not 16S, so 16S would be with the Narco, and the difference is frankly negligible either value will put most anyone on their arse, and if they've taken any meaningful amount of damage probably kill them.
>>
>>54223332
If you wanted to build a character around it, you could always take Natural Immunity: K-10. It won't help with addiction, but it will help with negative effects (ie; everything that comes after "Effect:" and is harmful), provided you don't increase your dosage beyond once per however many hours.
>>
What book is SAG in Chummer?

What does Arcology Tantrum do?
>>
>>54223859
It's a high powered game and the GM was rather generous with Karma and more importantly: Money, so I got both roles covered pretty well already, just looking to balance out the party - Pheromones is on the list, but 90K man - pretty steep
>>
>>54224073
Just hover over it (in this case it's "State of the Art ADL (German)")
Where do you see Arcology Tantrum?
>>
>>54224142
Qualities, with Ignore Chargen Restrictions checked. Page 147, according to Chummer.
>>
>>54224161
Well, unless some kind chummer is willing to provide a page scan then I have no Idea, since it isn't in the pastebin
>>
>>54223959
Does that work (i.e. is intended to work that way)?
>>
File: WP_20170709_02_34_15_Pro.jpg (2MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170709_02_34_15_Pro.jpg
2MB, 3552x2000px
>>54224254
>>54224161
>>54224142

No sweat, chummers

Second half comming right away
>>
>>54224364
It does say no ill effects, so the negative effects are definitely ignored and it does leave it open to the interpretation that the positive effects still happen.
>>
>>54224364
Intended, almost certainly not.

>The character can take one dose of the drug or poison and experience one exposure to the disease every six hours with no ill effects. Any subsequent dosing or exposure during the next six hours causes normal damage, but the character’s recovery time is halved.

You could even argue that you'd never get addicted, because addiction is an 'ill effect'. It's a very poorly written quality.
>>
File: WP_20170709_02_34_47_Pro.jpg (2MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170709_02_34_47_Pro.jpg
2MB, 3552x2000px
>>54224430
Second part
>>
>>54224511
Second part super hard to read - can you try again?
>>
>>54224544

Maybe tomorrow, its 02:50 in the morning here and i don't want to fiddle around again.

Have a Translation of the relevant part instead:

>If the character is within an Arcology or (depending on GM judgment) faces one of the above mentioned situations [basically stuff that is similiar to living in an Arcology, eg high Apartment Buildings, office areas, cramped places or always hanging around with the same people], he has to pass a composure [3] test or suffer a -3 penalty until he is no longer exposed to the situation.
If you fail this test, but still stay within the problematic zone, you have to make another composure test, this times against a threshold of [2]. If you also fail that one, you have to either hurt yourself or random persons and objects in the vicinity.
Both tests have to be taken repeatedly, if a character stays within a problematic zone for a prolonged timeframe.
Imho a pretty hard negative Quality, for only 10 Karma.
>>
>>54224430
>>54224511
good work anon

ARCOLOGY TANTRUM
Bonus:10 Karma

Arcology Tantrum is the colloquial name for a special mental illness that is often diagnosed in people that have lived for a longer time in an arcology, often since their birth. Principally it's a combination of claustrophobia, depression, sociophobia and paranoia, which may lead to panic attacks, depressive or (self-)destructive behaviour and allegedly is responsible for most suicides in arcologies. Even though this illness is most often diagnosed in corporate citizens it may also appear in persons that live in state arcologies or arcology-like buildings. It is also possible that the symptoms not only appear in persons that live in self-sustaining communes, but also may be triggered in similar situations, such as those in most modern cities. This may be multi-level apartement or office buildings, overcrowded or tight places or simply the fact of always being with the same people in the same places.

If the character is in an arcology or (depending on the GM) a situation that may trigger the above mentioned symptoms, then they need succeed in a Composure(3) or suffer a dice pool penalty of -3 until they exit the situation. If they fail the test but stay in the situation they must make another Composure(2) test. If the character fails this test he will attack himself, random objects or others.

Both tests can be repeated multiple times, should the character be exposed to this situation for longer interval or similar situations in short succession.

>>54224715
dammit anon, too fast
>>
Yekka, the Pulse spell is listed twice in Chummer, and the Drain values on it don't properly show up.
>>
File: tumblr_ospwupUmd61t4lub3o1_400.png (103KB, 359x419px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ospwupUmd61t4lub3o1_400.png
103KB, 359x419px
>>54222111
Says minus in the book, they get a minus in the XML. Yell at the errata team if the forums ever come back up.

Part of me wonders if there isn't value in making a community errata team. At the very least they'd get more shit done than adding writing credits to the front page.
>>54224364
Mechanically it works, but you're going to get a Look from your GM. It's an awful quality.
>>54221315
Eh. I prefer Windows 10, and if most of my userbase is in a position to benefit from us porting to .Net Core, that's what I'd rather support. Honestly even if it was a 10:1 swing in favour of 10/Linux/Mac, there's likely nothing going to come of it for years.
>>
>>54224935
One's in Street Grimoire, the other's in Shadow Spells.
>>
>>54224987
And neither of them have their drain values properly displayed.
>>
>>54224973
>I prefer Windows 10

So do i, but my gaming tablet that i use during my sessions runs on 8.1 and some Bios Versions have issues with 10.

>Part of me wonders if there isn't value in making a community errata team. At the very least they'd get more shit done than adding writing credits to the front page.

Just translate the german errata files, way easier.
PDF related, all changes in the core book from printrun to printun up until the fifth Version.
>>
>>54216616
Would you port Chummer to Mac in exchange for a sloppy blowjob?
>>
>>54225176
That's more or less the idea, plus-minus the blowjob. Porting to .Net Core means we gain native support for Mac and linux, at the cost of losing support for Windows 7/8.
>>
>>54225306
Mac users aren't people, and Windows 7/8 is a hell of a lot better than 10, unless you really have a fetish for being watched.

And given that this is literally a system where you fight against Big Brother and the Corporations, dropping support for older shit without all the surveillance is decidedly not fucking cool, chummer.
>>
>>54225389
>Windows 7/8 is a hell of a lot better than 10
Hahaha
>>
>>54225389
>he doesn't think Windows hasn't spied on him since at least XP
Good corpcuck
>>
File: 1488995836339.jpg (11KB, 400x190px) Image search: [Google]
1488995836339.jpg
11KB, 400x190px
Is the Ruger Super Warhawk a single or double action revolver? I mean it's based on the Super Redhawk which is a double-action, but it's mechanically single-shot which is usually reserved for weapons like pump/bolt-actions.
>>
>>54225779
Its surely double-action, but its SS because "some large weapons that need extra time to chamber a fresh round due to the cartridge’s size." Its just a game balance decision.
>>
File: Carlos.jpg (26KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos.jpg
26KB, 350x350px
>>54225389
>a system where you fight against Big Brother and the Corporations
>>
RIP
>>
>>54227505
If you have something to contribute people will come.
>>
>>54227862
Alright. One of my chummers was talking about selling someone who ditched out on us to the bunrakus so they could get mindfucked and then fuckedfucked.
How far is too far for your runner?
When do you draw the line and say 'No.' to your team?
>>
>>54227919
Sounds like your runners are very vindictive. That'll earn them some notoriety on the street for sure.
Which is my prefered way of handling things like that. In some situations saying 'No.' to your players might be neccessary. just to not derail things, but I'd rather show them how their actions have consequences.

For example, if someone connected to said victim of the bunraku thing finds out about it and they get the person out, oh boy is your team in for a nice dish of vengeance.
>>
>>54227919
I'm Pacifist (Minor) and often chew them out over the poor little fatherless wageslave kiddos after a plan goes awry.
>>
>>54229224
>you've killed a good and caring daddy
>>
>>54229243
>Look at guards wallet
>Picture of him taking little Bobby Wageslave to an urban brawl game
>Bobby got to take home some poor saps finger
>He was so happy
>>
File: 1497463028069.jpg (72KB, 758x782px) Image search: [Google]
1497463028069.jpg
72KB, 758x782px
So I'm planning on running a one shot game in the future to see if my faggot friends are interested in getting a campaign going. Are there any good house rules you GMs use?

I wanna start really easy and simplify the rules but I'm not sure where to start with it. When I played food fight for the first time a couple of weeks ago the guy running it sort of ignored the autosofts and shit like that for the rigger pregen.
>>
File: Distinctive Style.jpg (47KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Distinctive Style.jpg
47KB, 720x960px
How oddly do your runners dress?
>>
>>54230556
I'm the kind of guy that buys multiple pairs of socks in chargen in 5e and several outfits while not playing a face in 4e...So not strange at all, They have an outfit to fit almost any social situation they need to fit into, And of course most of it is kevlar-threaded and full of holsters because looking good and packing are not mutually exclusive.
>>
File: dorkula.jpg (244KB, 582x900px) Image search: [Google]
dorkula.jpg
244KB, 582x900px
>>54230556
I'm playing a vampire who dresses like Dracula because he thinks it makes him look cool. He also wears sunglasses at night.
>>
>>54230556
What am I, a face? Dirty, grossly oversized greatcoat and a woolen cap (which is a rolled up balaclava).
Depending on situation, there might be a pimped out full-body armor suit underneath.
Pic slightly related.
>>
>>54230556
Leather jacket, hoodie, and a non-conductive designer cloak.
>>
>>54230556
>this is a setting where how you dress can change easier over time then most others thanks to availability and low price (at least in 4e). So once you've made your way out of a living in a ditch, having your clothing reflect character development is viable.
>>
>>54230556

he started the game wearing boxers, sweatpants, tshirt, armored jacket, boots, and knit cap, AR shades and about 5 knives hidden here, there, and everywhere.

He has a nice suit but hadn't had much occasion to wear it in a while.
>>
>>54230556
We're playing in New Orleans during a heat wave so just wear sunglasses and a Hawaiian shirt with a concealed holster. When geared up, Ballistic mask and Armoured Jacket.

Why would you ever buy anything other then an Armoured jacket?
>>
File: Life of Boris.jpg (43KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Life of Boris.jpg
43KB, 480x480px
>>54230556
So THIS is what Boris wore before he went to Youtube.
>>
>>54231768
Urban explorer jumpsuit is the only sealable armour available at standard char gen. Tradeoff is 3 armour.
>>
>>54231768
>Why would you ever buy anything other then an Armoured jacket?

You ask wrong question. It is not "Why would you ever buy anything other then the Armored jacket?" it is "What do I buy next after I have the armored jacket?".

Armored jacked it shadowrunner mulitool.
>>
>>54231791
What rule is that?
>>
>>54232005
The Chemical Seal armour mod rule:
>Available only to full body armor that includes a helmet, the chemical seal is an airtight environmental control that takes a Complex Action to activate (if you’re already wearing the armor, natch). It provides complete protection against contact and inhalation vector chemicals, but can only be used for a total of an hour (the limit of the air supply) at a time.
>>
>>54230556
He wears a leather jacket with the Ancients tag on the back. Plus his hair is bright green.
>>
>>54230556
Cargo shorts, combat boots,armoured fur coat, various talismans and one of those asian straw hats when he has to go out in the sun.
>>
File: hobowizard.jpg (158KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
hobowizard.jpg
158KB, 736x490px
>>54230556
Asparagus the Green: Pointy hat with stars and moons and a bathrobe - magic scepter fashioned from TP rolls
>>
>>54230556

Cargo pants and an obnoxiously colorful poncho. Sometimes less than that, because he uses shapechange a lot.
>>
>eldritch Mage w tohu wa bohu mentor spirit
I feel like even being allowed to play this spits in the face of the whole SPOOKY HORRORS FROM BEYOND BEING KEPT AT BAY thing because it's literally providing those entities a gateway to the material plane
>>
>>54233196
There's a difference between the Horrors and Cthulhu-esque elder gods. The Horrors aren't simply entropy with a face.

That said the whole tradition is clearly written by some faggot with a stuffed Cthulhu in their cubicle.
>>
>>54233351
I like the concept as a sort of successor to toxic and insect magic, misfits and outcasts being driven by promises of power at the expense of metahumanity as a whole, but it comes across as 'KAWAII CTHULHU'/lolsorandumb edginess instead.
>>
>>54233400
It's way too early in the cycle for people to start making direct contact with Horrors (FA confirms they are still on the far side of the metaplanar chasm, even if they are looking for bridges).

A mage who things they are serving Hastur or Kronos is not the strangest thing in the Sixth World. I wouldn't let a PC use the Tohu wa Bohu mentor spirit, though, because it doesn't work well with the point of the game.
>>
>>54233555
I mostly want to have a squid mentor spirit with advantages relating to the SECRETS OF THE DEEP
>>
>>54233635
>>54233555
I think a sourcebook about oceanic adventures would be cool. Deep sea research extractions, dealing with the sea dragon, playable merrow stats and rules? Sweet stuff
>>
>>54233704
>dealing with the sea dragon
Nice try, water lizard
>>
>>54233872
I meant addressing and providing lore on.
>>
>>54233704
I want one about space (and how to get there in the first place). It would be nice to have a scenario where magic isn't the default answer.
>>
File: 1487207874543.jpg (167KB, 816x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487207874543.jpg
167KB, 816x1080px
>>54233704
>>54234211
There's already rules for space stuff and deep-water stuff in Run and Gun.
>>
File: ork_pride_by_issmir-d58u2p4.png (600KB, 900x572px) Image search: [Google]
ork_pride_by_issmir-d58u2p4.png
600KB, 900x572px
Do orks go to a traditional K-12 school? Because if they only live to like, forty, what is the point of making them spend half their lives in basic education? Plus it has to be disruptive to have a full-grown student sitting among freshmen, even if they are still only fifteen years old, even though I'm sure they'd be prized in the athletic programs.
>>
>>54234512
IIRC most orks and trolls enter the military to get the necessary education, use their bodies and earn some money
>>
>>54234512
Run Faster has stuff on this.
The tl;dr is that:
You're right, Orks who go to traditional k-12 schools, as well as higher education, conflict extremely with the system.
>>
Is there still a porn industry?
>>
File: 1430935594390.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1430935594390.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>54234617
>Is there still a porn industry
>>
>>54222117
>his big plan was to turn all of humanity into front line drake troop cannon fodder for the war against Horrors
Source?
>>
>>54234617
If you have to ask this question then I cannot even begin to explain to you the multitude of ways to fuck and get fucked in the Sixth World.

Yes. Porn still exists. It exists in so many ways. The porn industry is more lively and robust than it has ever been.
>>
>>54234669
Plan 9 said it in Conspiracy Theories and Plan 9 is always right.
>>
>>54234793
And yet Jackpointers always shit on him, more proof that they're cancer.
>>
>>54234899
He's a headcase. By choice no less
>>
>>54234272
However it's not very detailed, and omits almost all the background fluff.
>>
>>54234617
https://twitter.com/ShadowrunPorn
>>
>>54234669
Big D developed a 'vaccine' that would turn everyone and their children into Drakes, conveniently bound to himself. He did this so they couldn't be corrupted by the Horrors (or at least would be corrupted slower/with more effort).

Golden Snout found out, so did Humanis and Alamos 2k. The research facility, scientists, and every test subject was destroyed in a single MASSIVE shadowrun. Or at least everyone THINKS everything was destroyed.

Given the out-of-character information we know about Big D it's likely that binding everyone who was vaccinated to himself wasn't something Dunkelzhan wanted, but it was an unavoidable side-effect of his plan. His suicide would have broken that bond anyway, setting all the drakes free but maintaining their resistance to the Horrors.

In short, it's in the interests of metahumanity to find research and continue the program. However almost everyone who knows about it are bastards who would use it to further their own agenda, rather than use it for altruistic reasons.
>>
File: 1495388134099.jpg (56KB, 480x650px) Image search: [Google]
1495388134099.jpg
56KB, 480x650px
>gm makes a free spirit that mirrors Randell Flagg and O'dim
>rp's him alarmingly well
>the spirit seems like he may hire us for a job soon
>don't want to work for the spooky satan

I think I'd take a deal with a dragon over this asshole, if you're reading this, GM, fuck you for doing a really good job, this was the last game I expected spoops in.
>>
>>54235270
That's why you work through a proxy. Hire someone else to make the deal on your behalf (without giving them enough information to know any better). If you have any moral qualms about it relax, you're just doing what Johnson's do on a daily basis!
>>
>>54235207
Soooooooource.

Random shitposting on an anonymous forum isn't a source.
>>
>>54235570
Still plan 9
>>
>>54235570
You could Google it, you know. Takes ten seconds. Follow the links on this page for more info: http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Infant_vaccination
>>
File: Elf Sex Expert.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Elf Sex Expert.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
>>54219362
Please tell me the sauce of this gif. Reverse search on multiple platforms yielded nothing useful.

Pic not related but funny.
>>
>>54236244
I do not have the source I am afraid.
>>
>>54236244
>Reverse search on multiple platforms yielded nothing useful.

You say that but I found it in 5 seconds. Did youactually try google or are you scared of the megacorps tracking you?
>>
File: valuable lesson for /a/.png (18KB, 749x229px) Image search: [Google]
valuable lesson for /a/.png
18KB, 749x229px
>>54236423
>You say that but I found it in 5 seconds
>>
File: Shadow realm moron.png (304KB, 397x495px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow realm moron.png
304KB, 397x495px
>>54236306
That is a shame.

>>54236430
Thank you for the hint. I found it. Venus wars. Interesting.

How would a yugioh lookalike game work in shadowrun? There is magic, there are spirits, maybe there are spirits willing to be "bound" or "called" by certain items like gems or stone tablets. As long as everything stays within a "game" and the only players are people widely trusted among the spirit realm.

Maybe some kind of tournament between spirits and one of them got the idea to spice things up by having it all happen "at the hand of mortals".
>>
>>54236466
>How would a yugioh lookalike game work in shadowrun?
VR card game with Lethal Biofeedback?
>>
>>54236430

I mean I'd say that's fair if there was 1 or 2 obscure results. But I have a hard time imagining google filtering out 10 different pages, including imgur of all things.
>>
>>54236466
>>54236476
>VR card game with Lethal Biofeedback?

Okay yes I'm adding this to my Shadowrun Universe. And I don't even like Yugioh. Amazing idea.
>>
>>54236536
I had it once that I was searching for a picture and google gave out nothing
not even a page full of links
it can happen
>>
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! THERE'S A NEW THREAD
>>54236692
>>54236692
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.