[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 68

File: 1499217542834.jpg (189KB, 1500x808px) Image search: [Google]
1499217542834.jpg
189KB, 1500x808px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>54154563
>Winning_an_argument_without_being_right.knwsft
>iDolls__Getting_started.zdf
>Bitten__Am_I_infected.thread
>Mecha_Mayhem__Heavyweight_Drone_Boxing_Championship_Match.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 126 (48% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Hot troll ladies looking for a good time in your area!'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Shopping.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever drop acid with a dragon

Vlogger Edition
Has you runners ever recorded their adventures for future reference or just uploading it to the matrix for entertainment?
>>
>>54183241
>Has you runners ever recorded their adventures for future reference or just uploading it to the matrix for entertainment?
>uploading evidence of a crime for public display

Yeah, no.

Only amongst the pinkest of Mohawks does shit like that happen.
>>
File: snu snu.jpg (146KB, 536x400px) Image search: [Google]
snu snu.jpg
146KB, 536x400px
>>54183241
>'Hot troll ladies looking for a good time in your area!'

Trying to come up with some good runs for a possible campaign in the future. What are some fun/memorable runs you've played/heard of chummer?
>>
>>54183397

Guy I knew played a very professional character, but he was essentially a Jack the ripper in his free time.

Except he uploaded the full sensory video feed of his killings.

>>54183401

I wanna hijack this question, I'm absolutely horrible at making runs with a red line between them. How do I make more than just one shot runs?
>>
How 'open' is information attached to a national SIN? Do foreign nations/megacorps have access, or just the governmental institutions of the issuing nation?

From reading what little is mentioned in 5e it seems that besides national security forces (cops, etc) it's protected. Unless the nation sells that data. Hence the problem.
>>
>>54182865
>>54183455
>>
>>54183467

I'm guessing that unless the corp already has an agreement with said nation or vice versa they're gonna have to get involved with some paperwork to request that information.

But I'm guessing a lot of these agreements exist between several corps/nations to make things easier to share basic information.
>>
File: Segajones.png (707KB, 806x548px) Image search: [Google]
Segajones.png
707KB, 806x548px
Do you guys think that a media-focused corp like Horizon would run something like Infowars as one of their subsidiaries?

An Alex Jones-like kook to get ratings with insane conspiracy theories that touch upon a nugget of truth once in a while? Or would that shit be limited to the weirder pirate stations?

I mean, as long as it is marketable, can form opinions, distract and brainwash Horizon would be all over that stuff, right?
>>
>>54184282
Definitely. It'd be a convenient way for them to leak things to shape public opinion that they don't want to 'officially' associate with.
>>
1) I wanna fuck/marry Hestaby and be her personal Drake boytoy
2) WHY IS THE SAAB GLADIUS SO OP HOLY SHIT
>>
>>54183435
Use recurring bad guys. Those ganger’s they roughed up a month ago have gotten back on their feet and their out for blood.

Multi-level plots. Someone's out to get your Fixer and you need to figure out who's behind it.

Sometimes legwork can be its own run. You need to kidnap a corporate exec who's coming into town, but before he gets here you need to break into the local office and copy the itinerary.
>>
>>54183241
Our mage spends her free time writing down her 'life story' with our runs and all our misdeeds in it. But our group isn't terribly worried, thankfully shes a real chuuni who writes it all down in a paper 'tome' in flowery script. When our streetsam discovered what it was our GM had them roll a intuition check to decipher the damn thing.
>>
Top 3 and bottom 3 JackPointers, name em!
>>
>>54184501

Devgrrl
Devgrrl
and
Devgrrl

>top 3 Jackpointers
You're kidding right?
>>
>>54183241
We're playing mercenaries in Africa so there's not too much in the way of 'law' to piss off for me streaming my sort-of-crimes. My tank livestreams every mission and takes viewer requests from the chat while he's at it.
>>
>>54184501
I don't know much but
>devgrrrl
Absolute bottom
>>
File: 1461018262437.jpg (807KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1461018262437.jpg
807KB, 600x1000px
Anybody have a pic of dwarf in a suit, preferably in sunglasses?
>>
File: Street Shaman.jpg (110KB, 736x953px) Image search: [Google]
Street Shaman.jpg
110KB, 736x953px
>>54183435
>How do I make more than just one shot runs?
You mean, "A bunch of interconnected runs"? Use the Apocalypse World rules for Fronts and Threats (maybe The Sprawl does it better for this, haven't read the full book), and plan out what a group would want and how they would go about taking it from someone else, and what that other party's response would be.

>>54181984
Yes, Street Shamans are a thing. Pick an urban totem like Rat, Dog, or Raccoon, get into Forbidden Arcana where they brought back the rules for talking to spirits of the land because sometimes nice things do happen to Shadowrun fans, and off you go.
>>
File: Dwarf Face.png (729KB, 891x613px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Face.png
729KB, 891x613px
>>54184584
>>
>>54184548
Orange Queen, Red, and Man-of-Many-Names are all good imho.

Also I'd put Clockwork just above /dev/grrl but still absolute trash tier. They sure did put a shitload of effort into making him utterly impossible to like.
>>
>>54184700
Red is literally the only new Jackpointer in 5e that's even remotely likeable.
>>
>>54184700
Clockwork did nothing wrong though.
>>
File: Boo.gif (392KB, 250x185px) Image search: [Google]
Boo.gif
392KB, 250x185px
>>54184700
>liking Red
>disliking Clockwork
>>
>>54184715
I mean other than want to murder a two year old because of who his mom is? I guess
>>
>>54184734
>What is hereditary genetics
>>
>>54184720
I liked Red because I feel like as far as infected go he's sorta interesting in comparison to Hanibelle.
>>
>>54184734
The Mom is a techno, and so is the kid. It's not 'just because of who his mom is'.
>>
>>54184749
Technomancers ain't even been around long enough for there to be literally any weight to that theory
>>
>>54184282
>>54184282
I'd imagine Horizon has several, so they can compete with each other in pseudofeuds for greater viewership. One or two could even be rogue personalities, who try to be genuine conspiracy theory nuts instead of pretend ones working for Horizon.

Anyways, having Alex Jonesian personalities will let Horizon sling all sorts of shit at every other corp, from the Zurich Orbital supposedly holding daily blood magic rituals (hopefully false), to how mom and pop pizza shops are being destroyed by shadowrunners hired by Aztechnology to reduce competition (probably true at some point).
>>
>>54184751
How? He's just a super-edgy trenchcoat protagonist who only drinks the blood of bad people, because he walked out a White Wolf fic.

The closest he got to interesting was the story in Forbidden Arcana where someone told him he's a pretentious tryhard.
>>
>>54184784

>Evo subsidiaries produces animal fodder that makes your pets gay.
>Mitsuhama meds gives you awakaned autism.
>Renraku are building child prostitution colonies in orbit.
>>
>>54184784
THE AZTLAN GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING CHEMICALS IN THE WATER

TO TURN THE FRICKIN NAGAS GAY
>>
>>54184734
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he the one to warn Slamm-0 of the hit on his son, no matter how much he personally hates technomancers?
>>
>>54184784
I feel like Humanis probably has an Alex Jones analogue somewhere in their roster
>>
>>54184810
>Awakened Autism

>Astral sight perceives the whole world as if it was minecraft
>>
>>54184828
He was the one who informed him it was still active.
In an earlier book he was outed as one of the people pursuing the bounty.
>>
>>54184346
Its a good car, but its also fucking expensive.
For a runner Car, i think there is almost nothing that beats the Mercury Cruiser in the Utility/Price Department.

14 Body, 11 Armor, 5 Seats, 4/3 Handling, 3 Speed, perfectly legal (-) and affordable (21.000 Nuyen).
Only downside is the Pilot being utter shit (1), but the rest is super good by itself and makes a great base to improve uppon.
>>
File: 2017-02-22-duckx.jpg (439KB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-22-duckx.jpg
439KB, 900x1273px
>>54184700
>>54184713

>liking Red

Wow, thats some high level shittasting there.
Red is a horrible GaryStue self insert.
>preawakening spikechildren elf magician Vampire ghoul-friend with high self control on bloodsucking

fanfiction.net tier

besides, clockwork is one of the very few Runners written in a halfway believable way, despite the SJW-authors trying to paint him as Hitlergoblin

Also:
Kill all Jackpointers, with no exception.
They are all heavily retarded shitheads that are as far away from shadowrun as you could imagine.

I want shadowtalk by shadowrunners, not by some faggots who casually mention they own 7 figure Drone carriers, command several mercenary Outfits or wage wars on their own.
>>
>>54185362
>They are all heavily retarded shitheads

Just a little bit too harsh there chummer. There are some alright Jackpointers. Problem is that it's the few that just pop up here an there to be actually informative or helpful, instead of the more regular users that are very opinionated and shitpost hard.

But it is a bit of an elitist club and honestly it's only logical that there exists a ton of derivatives that just smacktalk the Jackpointers constantly.
>>
>>54185439
>There are some alright Jackpointers

Name 5
>>
File: peter-dinklage-esquire-cover.jpg (69KB, 430x612px) Image search: [Google]
peter-dinklage-esquire-cover.jpg
69KB, 430x612px
>>54184584
you're welcome
>>
>>54185451

Cosmo, Mr. Bonds, Baka Daboru, Fastjack, Elijah
>>
File: IMG_1556.jpg (32KB, 219x285px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1556.jpg
32KB, 219x285px
I'm looking for a good place to run a Shadowrun game in where I can go full "pink Mohawk" and still have it make sense. In other words, a place in the Shadowrun world where there is almost complete anarchy or at least very little government or other law enforcement that keeps order.

The only place that comes to mind is Chicago back during the "Bug City" era when the quarantine and infestation was in full swing. Does that seem like a good place to run part of a Shadowrun campaign?

Does anyone else have any ideas where Runners can run without having to stick to the shadows as much? How about the Renraku Arcology when the AI locked it down and took over?
>>
>>54185666

GeMiTo sprawl. Literally lawless sprawl whose only real authority presence are corps exploiting the area or gangs fighting for control.
>>
>>54185666
Africa, Indochina, and in some degree the Chinese Coastal states. All varying degrees of anarchy.

Look up Lagos, there's some great lore in 4e's Feral Cities on it.
>>
File: 1442194842165.jpg (211KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1442194842165.jpg
211KB, 1280x853px
>>54185641
>Fastjack
Not anymore.

>>54185666
Chicago is a possibility. The SCIRE is a terrible choice because literally everyone inside was being hunted down and lobotomized by Deus (or secretly implanted with AI bits).

Otherwise the Carribean League (war between hougans makes for lots of cover). Go read Feral Cities for others.
>>
File: Dick Tracey.pdf (72KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Dick Tracey.pdf
72KB, 1x1px
Hey Guys, i'd like some input.

I'm building a hardboiled/50's style Private Eye. He got traumatized by some bug spirit shit, is now a dry alcoholic after several years of himself drinking to forget, thanks to some *ware. Still has some issues because of the shit he saw and didn't manage to prevent (friends dying) so he turned to god and self flaggelation.
Now walking the Shadows because he heard some rumors that sounded awfully like the shit he encountered back in the days and wants to get more infos.
/backstory

I still have a bit of Nuyen to burn (around 20k) and I'm unsure on what. I COULD simply get a car, but thats sorta boring. So, if you have any idea for some interesting *ware that would fit either the background or the mechanical slot (Face that isn't totally useless in combat), please give me some Input.
Note: INI-enhancements are NOT wanted/needed, I'll be using Drugs for this.
>>
>>54185741
I think Many-Names is alright and Haze is p accurate for a street level runner.
>>
>>54185641
>Fastjack
fried
>Elijah
annoying plot-twat

Can't even remember the rest of them, are those even 5e *Pointers?

>>54185666
Berlin Fluxstate, when it still existed (50s).
Dragonfall is set there.
>>
>>54184587
Are there any good non-animal street shaman totems? I've heard of hearth, neighborhood, and road spirits, but I don't know much about them. Any other specifically urban, non-animal spirits?

Also, are totems(/mentor spirits(?)) just really powerful regular spirits? If so what's the power threshold on that? Can I have a crazy weak dumpster spirit as my totem (not that I'd want to, just for the hypotheticalism.)

Is there a difference between an indivudual dumpster spirit and The Great Dumpster Spirit, King of All Dumpsters? (If dumpster spirits are not a thing or are toxic spirits, please pretend theh are for the sake of this dumb question.)
>>
>>54184784
>mom and pop pizza shops are being destroyed by shadowrunners hired by Aztechnology to reduce competition

Fuck it, I'm giving my runners this job now.
>>
>>54185821

4e, but I'm guessing 5e splatbooks mostly just take up the common shitposters.
>>
>>54185821
Remember how they brought back Laughing Man for Street Grimoire just for Elijah's snowflake spirit quest episode?
>>
>>54185896
5es Pointers can hardly be called Shadowrunners anymore.
Way to high level.
>>
>>54185927
5e actively shits on 'unknown' Shadowrunners. It's like Jackpoint has developed a stale elitist 'community' of cancerous regulars who don't even run anymore. Sorta like a stale elitist community of cancerous regulars that don't even play rpgs anymore...
>>
File: Street Mage.jpg (128KB, 490x890px) Image search: [Google]
Street Mage.jpg
128KB, 490x890px
>>54185852
FA has the list of current spirits of the land and the rules for interacting with them.

Totems are the same thing as mentor spirits, just by a name that shamans are more likely to use. They are different from regular spirits in that they don't follow traditional spirit rules like needing to be summoned, not having to deal with restrictions like mana barriers, etc. There's a reason that they used to be considered (by hermetics) mental constructs of shamans to help them understand and shape their magic, instead of independent entities.

While many of the Mentor Spirits are traditionally portrayed as animals, you are encouraged to take one and interpret it differently according to tradition (so Dog also represents Loyalty, Adversary is also Anarchy, Dragonslayer is broadly interpreted as Heroism and Adventure). Pick whatever general theme you want and fluff accordingly.
>>
>>54185852
You need make the distinction between urban free spirits and Mentor Spirits

Because of the great variety of ways mentor spirits can manifest or be interpreted, most mentors can be seen in the urban sprawls. Wise Warrior and Sun examples of non animal mentors, but any mentor Archetype can be reinterpreted/manifest as a non-animal.

Mentors don't follow the regular rules for spirits, so they could be Platonic Ideals or just transcendently powerful spirits. Or something else entirely.
>>
>>54185977

This is why you never let your players even get close to jackpoint. Because it's a bunch of elitist jack-offs. You give them a more open, less personal but more rewarding alternative. It's not like there's only one Shadow VPN in the world.
>>
>>54185888
>The third mission goes haywire because it turns out all the delivery drivers that night are a different team of shadowrunners that Chamber of Commerce hired to maintain business diversity in the city.
>Who wouldve guessed that seven cyber-trolls aren't your normal kind of delivery drivers?
>>
>>54183397
or in LA
>>
>>54183397
>blur out faces, voices, distinctive styles, and anything else that could identify you
>>
>>54183397
>>54187279
>not recording your vigilante hooding against Alamos 2K where your cybered up Giant street Sam makes a known grand wizard-equivalent piss himself and offer sexual favors for his life, humiliating him and dealing his chapter a huge blow
>>
>>54187459
>not live streaming the the grand wizard on his knees with the giant's 2 foot cyber cock in his throat
>not zooming in on his face as he thrashes and chokes to death
>not having the giant blow a liter of cum over the grand wizard's disheveled corpse

Are you even trying omae?
>>
>>54187985
No, we weren't trying.
We were specifically trying not to go magical realm.
>>
File: 1475437625185.jpg (45KB, 222x290px) Image search: [Google]
1475437625185.jpg
45KB, 222x290px
Not sure if anyone cares about Matrix in 4e anymore, as I'm sure most people have just accepted it or are playing 5th and trying to forget it, but here's what I'm thinking of doing for my next game;

Use the optional rule of setting programs as the Limit and using Logic + Skill.
Standard off the shelf Commlinks can't run Hacking Programs.
Add "Decks" as commlinks with Hacking capabilities (lets say double cost and high restriction for the sake of argument.)
Agents are specialized. They are programmed for specific purposes (one agent one program, alternatively option for duo agents for example encrypt/decrypt.)
Increased cost and restriction for Hacking programs.

Thoughts? Feedback? Suggestion? I'm also planning to use Grid/Noise from 5e but that's not really relevant to the topic of improving Matrix in 4th, just flavor.
>>
>>54184587
I dont play 5e though
>>
>not uploading trideo footage of your team busting up a sex trafficking ring in a night club whilst Damien Knight is visible patronizing the bar in the background
Fuck Ares.
>>
>>54188741
It sounds like that's exactly what was going on from your description.
>>
Yekka, when you hit the thread a lot of adept powers aren't showing as discountable with the magician's way, despite the fact it should allow everything but improved reflexes.
>>
>>54188760
Why is Ares regarded as one of the 'better' corps when they show less regard for human life and collateral damage than even Aztech?
>>
>>54188834
Helping contain Chicago, and good PR.

You forget, as far as most wageslaves are concerned, Azzies look pretty good too.
>>
>>54188834
Because 'Murica. Just wait for the bug plot to come to a head.
>>
>>54188834
I guess because they're kind of upfront about it, their primary business is arms manufacturing and security and paramilitary services, so of course they're violent, it's in the job description. Aztechnology gets a bad wrap for the same shit because they're the other - most of Shadowrun is written from a North American perspective, and Aztechnology are South American and encroaching on the former US of A. Basically Ares may be assholes, but they're our assholes.
>>
>>54188834
They make good guns, which I guess is pretty important to a Shadowrunner?
>>
>>54188923
Didn't the Azzies have the whole blood magic thing going on?
>>
>>54188813
Also Traceless walk doesn't show up for the Beast's way, which it should, unless it was dropped in errata and I didn't notice but I didn't think it had.
>>
>>54188135
>we were specifically trying not to go magical realm

That's where you fucked up anon.
>>
>>54188971
I don't want to fuck anything! I just want to play a game with my friends without it getting weird for ONE GODDAMN TIME!
>>
>>54188943
Even in 2070, that's probably still not general knowledge, though by now I figure it should be pretty well known in the shadows. When you're trying to summon armies of the demonic apocalypse, you tend to keep that under wraps.
>>
>>54185774
Halp plox
>>
>>54187985
How much money could you make selling TrollxRacist snuff rape porn?
>>
How do you guys hood?
>>
>>54188993
Just relax and let the hooks do their work.
>>
>>54188999

Half arm for a hidden gun/shock hand. Not a realistic one, but a real gritty obvious one.

I also notice that you lack a taser. Any will do, just have something in case you don't want to shoot to kill.
>>
>>54189018
>>54188993
>our GM had a Troll blackmail our gnome decker into having sex with him
>the player was fine with this
Kill me, I just wanted to be a Street Racer punk
>>
>>54189005

Much money.

But I'd rather go for the legal stuff, set up a studio and produce dwarves on female troll gangbangs. You can bet there's money in those trids.
>>
File: 6509b0398c3c8a27bd471bad304d0ba7.jpg (970KB, 6215x2586px) Image search: [Google]
6509b0398c3c8a27bd471bad304d0ba7.jpg
970KB, 6215x2586px
>>54188813
Urgh. Oh right, I forgot about that bullshit. Okay, easy fix.
>Beast's Way lets you discount improved reflexes
Huh. Didn't notice that before either.
>>
>>54189062
Taser sounds like a good idea.

Half Arm seems horribly inefficient with the Muscle replacement already there, considering i would have to leave it at STR/Agi 3 to afford a gun in it.

Appreciate the Input though.
>>
>>54189243
Cyber Implanted weapons have essence costs, so you don't actually need the arm to take one.

>>54189139
Beast's way's optional power was removed in the errata, so it can't discount Improved Reflexes anymore. But as I said in>>54188961 it should do traceless walk and doesn't
>>
>>54189089
>>54189073
>>54189005
Why not make BTLs of 'skullfucking human supremacists to death'? Sell it in the Ork Underground and make billions.
>>
>>54189243

I forgot how extremely hard 5th edition screwed over the Cyberware prices.
>>
>>54189453
Because a surprising number of metahumans aren't actually into murder and necrophilia.
>>
>>54189376
>Putting it directly into the arm

That might actually be a fun idea.

Whats the current consensu on the needed skill though, i remember some debates after Chrome Flesh came out.
Normal gun skill or exotic weapon for the Cybergun?

Its refreshing to have a fuckton of essence to waste if you don't need to spend it on INI Boosters.
Kamikaze, fuck yeah
>>
>>54189589
All orks love snuff their brains are just more violent it's genetics
>>
Is using illusion spells like (Trid) Phantasm in vehicular combat to make someone swerve and wreck something that works within the rules, or is there anything that explicitly forbids it?
>>
>>54189624
>And then John was the racists
>>
File: 1476668432423.jpg (84KB, 290x750px) Image search: [Google]
1476668432423.jpg
84KB, 290x750px
>>54188186
Anyone?
>>
>>54189670
Usually, you need line of sight to the people you're casting the spell on. Don't remember how it works for phantasm.
>>
>>54189720
That's why I asked about Trid Phantasm too. Phantasm is a mental spell and only affects a given target, Trid Phantasm is physical and creates a hologram at a given spot.
>>
>>54189773
Yeah, I pulled out my book. I'd rule you can totally conjure up some sort of road danger that somebody would need to avoid. However, they'd notice if your illusion appeared out of thin air or something. Illusions tend to fail if somebody is watching you.
>>
>>54189686
Just use the 5e System or "Ends of the Matrix"
>>
>>54184501
Kane, Small-O!, and Netcat. For worst.
>>
I have a question if I install a cyber weapon into my cyber arm does it still cost essence logically it doesn't but I want to make sure as I am reading the book and it doesn't say either way.
>>
>>54190023
>Kane
Isn't he just a jolly psycopath? I mean at least he's not that big of a douche, is he?
I guess I'm just amazed to see a list of worst that doesn't include /devgrrl/
>>
>>54190069
Anything installed inside of a cyberlimb does not cost additional essence
>>
>>54189008
You ever seen The Magnificent Seven? I'm the guy who pays for the hearse because when a man drops dead on the sidewalk in front of you, you've got to be a decent man.

And then I'm Steve McQueen, riding shotgun to make sure it gets there.
>>
File: Implanted Cybergun.jpg (20KB, 236x544px) Image search: [Google]
Implanted Cybergun.jpg
20KB, 236x544px
>>54189601
Normal weapon skill (Automatics, Pistols, etc) with the possibility of a Cyber-Implant specialization.

Also, if you're going for a noir detective vibe, maybe don't also be the guy who slams a fistful of powder and then thinks he's bulletproof.
>>
>>54190450
>Also, if you're going for a noir detective vibe, maybe don't also be the guy who slams a fistful of powder and then thinks he's bulletproof

Can't be helped.
INI is critical in this system and all other options are prohibitively expensive for this build and/or not really fitting the theme.
The only thing that /could/ work (despite refluffing him towards an Adept, which i really wouldn't like) would be the "boosted Reflexes" ware from Chromeflesh, since that one works with reaction enhancers and is fairly cheap (10k).
The part where its stated that it can never be removed is a total buzzkill though.
>>
>>54190074
>Isn't he just a jolly psychopath? I mean at least he's not that big of a douche, is he?
He's the biggest douche, and worse in older editions. The rest are hypocrites for whitewashing his shit so hard they might as well bleach his anus before calling out anyone else for their actions.
>>
>>54190624

Just stick to the light stuff, be on jazz all the time. I mean lets not pretend noir detectives don't sustain themselves on alcohol and popping uppers like they're tic-tacs.
>>
File: officer-backtracer_cyber_police.jpg (69KB, 720x547px) Image search: [Google]
officer-backtracer_cyber_police.jpg
69KB, 720x547px
>>54183241
>Has you runners ever recorded their adventures for future reference or just uploading it to the matrix for entertainment?

Fuck no, that's how your shit gets backtraced
>>
>>54190667

>Member of the group gets unknowingly traced down by GOD after a seemingly flawless hack.
>Gets door kicked in by armed squad led by angry middle aged man with handlebar moustache.
>CYBERPOLICE! FUCKING BACKTRACED YOU!
>>
>>54185451
Snopes, Slamm-O, The Smiling Bandit, Winterhawk, Lei Kung. In fact, anyone who shits on Puck is an alright Jackpointer.
>>
>>54190730
and the consequences were never the same
>>
>>54190663
Problem with Jazz is that its both physiological AND psychologically addictive (and the addiction rating being only one less than the one of Kamikaze, with both having the same threshold), while Kamikaze only strains your body.
Considering the wonderful 2 LOG, this combined with always having to throw to times, is quite a bit more risky.
The only plus is the considerably less brutal crash, but its also giving a lot less bonuses to combat relevant stats.

Same reason that I'm refraining from Cram.
Yes, its cheap, but also suffers the problem of double addiction tests.
The >snorting powder part was a good reminder though, i should get quite a bit of Novacoke.
>>
>>54190750
>But how could they know?
>With his last few seconds of freedom, the decker checks his gear for marks
>On his deck, three glowing icons
>Ya
>Dun
>Goofed
>>
>>54190737
>Toasterlover fucking manchild Fat-O
>alright

Opinion disregarded
>>
>>54190730
>not 'You done goofed'
Come on man
>>
>>54190837
>being this mad at someone getting laid on the regular
You sound scrubbish, chummer.
>>
>>54190981
Wank-O pls go and take your dramaqueen with you.
>>
>>54184282
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30
>>
>>54191111
I think Orange Queen is pretty good. Unrelated but I want Hestaby to take me to Mount Shasta and then crush my head between her twin peaks.
>>
>>54191456
>hestabyfucker is back

Oh boy
>>
>>54191543
You saying you wouldn't fuck a Great Dragon if she was down for it with no strings?
>>
File: stare.gif (1024KB, 242x227px) Image search: [Google]
stare.gif
1024KB, 242x227px
>>54191456
Goddamnit this guy again
>>
>>54191562
Stop sockpuppeteering, Hestaby
>>
>>54191569
He showed up when eiger posting stopped. Cancer is as cancer does
>>
>>54191562
>implying Great Dragons do anything without strings.

Hestaby, we know it's you.
>>
File: transmetropolitan1.jpg (694KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
transmetropolitan1.jpg
694KB, 1500x1000px
>>54186015
I always liked the pic. It's the kind of cyberpunk where everyone in the street looks so fucked up that you don't stand out as Gandalf the Star-spangled
>>
>>54191704
>>54191624
All I'm saying is fucking a Tir prince has benefits and dragons are excellent lovers!
>>
>>54191624
>>54191704
Hestaby spoofs fake runner IDs on JackPoint and starts dark-end threads about how much they want to fuck her. She checks the main boards while the porn uploads in all of her tabs.
>>
>>54191737
Hestaby confirmed as best Jackpointer.
>>
>>54191719
There is a /soc/ for you, orange-chan
>>
>>54191771
Do you think there is a camwhore section on JackPoint? Where /dev/grrl works out her daddy issues and Puck posts asking for someone to give him dom commands?
>>
>>54191810
Kane and Kat have canonically made a porno before, so probably.

I wonder if Plan 9 does crazy livestream TF porn?
>>
>>54191821
Plan 9 could probably run a whole camwhore site by itself. Revolving cast of sluts, changes every 3 to 8 weeks to someone entirely different. Eventually, your fetish will arrive.
>>
>>54191821
What the fuck is plan9 anyways?
He/she/it seems to be some cybered up genderchanging w/e, but he also has fur and is now a headcase?
I mean, how was he described initially?
>>
>>54191855
Plan 9 was a human male at the start, by best guess, but nobody is sure.
>>
>>54191855
>>54191867

Plan 9 was once a man.

Now, it is Tumblr. All of it, in rotation.
>>
>>54189670
Just get ice sheet.
>>
>>54191853
I would watch Butch getting gangbanged by Ghouls.
>>
What are the most broken spells in the game?
>>
File: Machine +.jpg (77KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
Machine +.jpg
77KB, 620x877px
>>54191855
There was no initial physical description, and Plan 9 themselves claims not to remember what they originally were. They aren't actually trans, they have some serious paranoia, addiction to surgery, and other mental illnesses that compel them to constantly change their body and mind. Fur may or may not be present in their current state - their body is one big essence hole, you can plug all kinds of weird cosmetic mods into that. CFD is present, and perhaps inevitable given that original transmission came through nanosurgery, and Plan 9 was constantly under the knife.

They basically always served as the mouthpiece for random weird conspiracy theories (unlike people like Pyramid Watcher, who provide themed weird conspiracy theories) that add colour/could be pulled into a game by a crazy enough GM.
>>
File: xuan-hao-0713a.jpg (861KB, 1920x2597px) Image search: [Google]
xuan-hao-0713a.jpg
861KB, 1920x2597px
Pixies - has anyone ever actually them in one of your games and didn't fuck everything up by playing one? Powergamers who do nothing but roll dice and never say a word excluded
>>
>>54191715
Ditto. It brings the basic requirement of Shadowrun, "Shadowrunners exist."
>>
>>54191940
Mindcontroll bullshit

>>54191965
thanks
>>
>>54192054
Yes. He played a wetwork specialist in infiltration. Dude was p cool
>>
>>54192196
>muh assassin pixie
almost as horrible a trope as
>muh rigger pixie

All those metavariants and metasapients should have never been made PC options
>>
>>54192350
>Yeah a guy played it and it worked fine
>mum memes

Twenty bucks says you've never even rolled a die in your life.
>>
>>54192416
>maymays

Fuck off, special snowflake enabler
Claiming it worked by telling an example of an utterly cancerous stereotype is not how you make a point besides showing others that you shouldn't be trusted.

>never rolled
Chances are not to bad that i already played when you still shat your diapers (1996), child.
>>
File: Shadowrun Trideo Concert.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun Trideo Concert.webm
3MB, 960x540px
What is the most try hard aesthetic: Black Trenchcoat, Pink Mohawk, or Tactical Operator?
>>
>>54192562
Operator, no doubt. Mall ninjas and /k/fags, the lot of them.
>>
>>54192562
Operatorfags
>>
>>54192562
I generally see operator fags and black trenchcoat fags as one and the same these days. But definitely them.
>>
>>54192524
>when other people have fun in a way I disagree with it's clearly them being awful
How can you hate CGL when you so clearly agree with their viewpoints?
>>
>>54192689
>durr, you have to be tolerant towards every way of playing

Wow, you are literally worse than CGL. At least those SJW fags don't pretend to not like everything.
Get some Used Wired Reflexes 3, glitterbug.
>>
File: chunky_salsa.png (23KB, 1183x383px) Image search: [Google]
chunky_salsa.png
23KB, 1183x383px
Consider the following:
A HE grenade's damage is (16 - 2/m)P. For this I will ignore AP.

Being 2m away from a HE grenade which explodes midair with no surfaces nearby causes you to take 16 - (2 * 2) = 12P damage.
Being 2m away from a HE grenade where the only nearby surface is a wall 1m behind you causes you to take (16 - (2 * 2) + 16 - (2 * 4)) = 20P damage, since the explosion hits you, bounces off the wall behind you, then hits you again..
It follows that a floor functions as a surface, such that if a grenade detonates on a floor with no other nearby barriers to consider, you take twice the damage you would from an airburst shot of the same round, since the entire "bottom half" of the grenade explosion bounces off the floor. i.e. 2m away from HE grenade on the ground causes 2 * (16 - (2 * 2)) = 24P damage

Pic related.
>>
>>54185253
If you're willing to pay to armor it up I'd say the Shin-Hyung is better. Though I'm a bit of a speed demon admittedly.
>>
>>54192562
What about Tactical Operator aesthetic with Pink Mohawk attitude?

I might wear a sneaking suit, but goddamn if I'm not going to crash through a skylight while "Kickstart My Heart" plays.

>>54192524
You remind me of a guy I saw on here once who got mad that 4e D&D had Tieflings in the PHB because "new DMs won't know to ban them."
>>
>>54192773
>My group has fun

>b-b-but you aren't playing right
>the internet told me so it must be true!

kys
>>
File: fred-augis-dahl-7.jpg (285KB, 1920x768px) Image search: [Google]
fred-augis-dahl-7.jpg
285KB, 1920x768px
>>54192350
Just asking for some positive examples here.
>>
>>54192776
Except damage calcs already take into consideration that you're standing on something.

You should be more worried about the ceiling.
>>
>>54192815
>I'm having fun eating shit, that means eating shit isn't disgusting and sick.
>>
>>54192932
>Everything I don't like is objectively shit.
>>
>>54192776
>lethal grenade rules are unusable and basically boil down to "loludedmakenewcharXD"

News at 12

>>54192810
Probably a sound remark.

>>54192804
sadly enough, i never saw speed being much of a relevant factor
>>
File: coonan.jpg (154KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
coonan.jpg
154KB, 640x427px
>>54192953
>everything

Absolutely not

>pixies in all variations

Absolutely yes

Pic related, final solution for this problem
>>
>>54192932
In this metaphor, I guess it's the FDA that's providing guidelines for the consumption of shit and saying that, while not to everyone's tastes, some people can derive value from eating shit.
>>
>>
File: Zipping Along.gif (2MB, 636x288px) Image search: [Google]
Zipping Along.gif
2MB, 636x288px
>>54192981
Speed and Acceleration only really come into play if you're going to be using the chase rules (and please don't use the chase rules). Otherwise it's, "My car goes as fast as a car does, and we drive away from the building."
>>
>>54192999
Just wondering, do you have autistic meltdowns like this irl too or is it strictly an internet thing?
>>
>>54183241
>>
>>54193000
I've had fun with the concept of playing a pixie, but have yet to find the group that will both accept it and be fun to play with.
>>
>>54192562
is that luca?
>>
File: 2kL3DlA.gif (220KB, 240x287px) Image search: [Google]
2kL3DlA.gif
220KB, 240x287px
>>54193000
Fitting analogy. So pixies might be fun for some peope to play/watch, objectively though they are an unhealthy and unadvisable thing for normal people.
I can live with that desu. Degenerates should be free to pursue their vices in private, as long as nobody is hurt.
>>
>>54193062
>I haven't done or seen something, so it must not exist

Maybe you're the one eating shit, and you just haven't realized it yet?
>>
>>54193054
>being precise is autistic

Wow there, don't cut yourself, edgelord.
>>
>>54188834
ares is less likely to stab you in the back if you are a shadowrunner they hired.

there evil like all corps. but if you happen to be a career supercriminal they are less likely to screw you over.
>>
>>54193132
Pretty smart to be honest.
A shadowrunner with nothing to lose can do a lot of property damage in a shot period of time.
Commercial explosives arent even F afterall.
>>
>>54193040
Yeah, thats why i like the Cruiser so much.
It has good stats in the 3 that really count:

Armor, for you will occasionally get shot
Seats (5), to actually be able to bring a Team of four when one is a trogger
Body, to put plenty of mods in there that give your GM an excuse to not having to bother with chase rules (smokescreen, nails, oilslicks etc).
>>
>>54193148
>Not getting metahuman adjustment even if you aren't a troll so you can have leg room
>>
>>54193111
>telling people to kill themselves and comparing liking something you don't to coprophagia
Nigga who's the edgy one here?
>>
So I get that people hate pixies, but why? Not a leading question, I'm new to the 6th world and genuinely don't know.
>>
>>54193085
I'm gonna have fun with my group playing only pixies and then I'm gonna tell everyone about it.
>>
>>54193250
They can be very overpowered very easily, mainly. Which is fair because most groups and people can't really be trusted not to wank around with that shit. Too many people are roll players and just want to win all the time and roll lots of dice.

People also sperg out about special snowflakes, but this is a setting about pink haired troll mages teaming up with katana wielding razor girls who take down evil megacorporations. So I don't think that complaint holds water besides the subjective.
>>
>>54188834
aztechnology is the worlds biggest food producers. Ares is a weapons and military company first and foremost.

so the few who find out that the megacorp that feeds you and your children is as evil or more evil than other corps, they tend to not react well.
>>
>>54191940
It depends on how you want to define broken. Do you mean just pure out of line power? Then you probably want manablade (weapon like damage, direct mana spell resistance) or Convert Blood to Ichor (comparatively low resistance pool for the effect, easy to guess who's going to be resisting well, no need to sustain).

If you mean broken as in why take this, it doesn't work, then you've got Critter Form as originally written because that one was worse in every way than Shapechange.

If you mean broken as easiest to abuse, then it's any Indirect AoE spell because the spellcasting rules let you treat them like grenades in terms of wiping out groups.
>>
>>54193105
Perhaps. Then again, maybe you're the one strawmanning someone who just entered the conversation, and you haven't realised it yet.
>>
>>54193282
>People also sperg out about special snowflakes, but this is a setting about pink haired troll mages teaming up with katana wielding razor girls who take down evil megacorporations. So I don't think that complaint holds water besides the subjective.
Pink hair, trolls, and mages are common in-setting compared to pixies, who rival Nartaki (almost solely people who were in the Ganges river during a specific event in the year of the comet, with a second event that has produced only 500 Nartaki women, and was still considered a significant population boost) for rarity.
>>
File: 1421784653091.jpg (250KB, 1038x841px) Image search: [Google]
1421784653091.jpg
250KB, 1038x841px
>>54193282
Hence my asking about instances where people actually roleplayed them. I figure that there must be some fun anecdotes in cool pixies.
>>
>>54193480
I mean I played one who experienced a weird sort of species dysphoria and became a sycophantic acolyte to a chapter of the Ancients. They viewed him more like a pet than a member and made him do humiliating stuff to prove himself. I like to think I did an okay job.
>>
>>54191715
Agreed, half the fun of playing a wizard is rocking those flamboyant wizard digs.
>>
File: bike.jpg (218KB, 1920x887px) Image search: [Google]
bike.jpg
218KB, 1920x887px
>>54193148

>Body, to put plenty of mods in there that give your GM an excuse to not having to bother with chase rules (smokescreen, nails, oilslicks etc).
That's for the InitialD deprived man. Midnight chase > Batman escape
>>
>>54193464
I mean, I've always house ruled that the Nartaki aren't anywhere near as rare as the book says. Mainly because I think India needs more stuff and because I think even putting a matevariant so rare in the books is pants on head retarded.
>>
>>54193480
Reminder shadowrun pixies are atleast a foot tall, not inches tall.
>>
>>54193480
I had one experience with a group where I was the pixie.

We were attacking a gang stronghold to steal a car for whatever reason, with almost zero planning and a straight walk up to the front gate. Not my choice, but I figured the group might work with me on the bright idea of setting up some gas grenades and so on before the combat started - protect the target car from random gunfire and the like. One guy said ok, GM said no one is slowing down for the pixie to prep. Combat began with everyone arriving at the same time, and I opted to stealth out, not being built for direct combat. That game did not last long after.
>>
ruptured pixie bodies
>>
>>54193615
that's still only 12 inches
>>
Do you think 2/3 players roll humans? Basically asking if metatype demographic of PCs matches in-world breakdown
>>
>>54193480
Pixie aspected Mage one time. He tried to be a fairy god parent/guardian angel but wasn't great at it so he just did his best to protect the innocent.
>>
>>54193615
you seem to be forgetting that trolls (line the one in the suit) are huge compared to humans. I think the size difference between a troll and pixie is well represented here.
>>
>>54193667
No because non humans are disproportionately pushed towards crime and therefore more likely to run the shadows. Plus most metahuman pcs are just variations on human archetypes with extra advantages
>>
>>54193667
so far the game I'm in has 3 humans and an ork

phys ad, technomancer, mage, and rigger respectively
>>
I wanna shove my dick into a pixie
>>
File: opera_2017-07-07_05-25-21.png (27KB, 428x608px) Image search: [Google]
opera_2017-07-07_05-25-21.png
27KB, 428x608px
>>54193615
That Pixie might be a bit on the small side, but it's not that far off.
>>
>>54193765
I want to shove a pixie into Eiger's ass then shove Eiger into Hestaby's ass! Am I memeing hard enough yet
>>
>>54193700
So shadowrunners would most likely be 1) orcs and trolls because most stigma, probably rougly even with 2) humans because there are just more of them, then 4) dwarves (dwarfs?) because less numbers + less stigma, then fewest 5) elves (elfs?) because least stigma + low pop. count? Perhaps?
>>
>>54193776
Hell why not shove Hestaby into a Slaneeshi metaplanes ass while you're at it,
>>
File: Walter_Kim_23a.jpg (72KB, 680x994px) Image search: [Google]
Walter_Kim_23a.jpg
72KB, 680x994px
>>54193667
Most characters are humans. 2nd probably elf. I have seen every core metatype except trolls despite houserules to alleviate the lifestyle cost somewhat.
In general I disagree with the supposition that character creation should mimic in-setting population. The more colorful the better (within limits of course.
>>
>>54193776
Meme harder! It feels so good!
>>
>>54193787
Wait I can't count>>54193787
>>
>>54193787
>1) orcs and trolls because most stigma,

Yes. Plus, to be quite honest with you, the plight of Orcs and Trolls just seemed like it was supposed to largely parallel black people, from the way all the fluff read to me throughout the years.
>>
Speaking of Orcs, am I the only one that finds the 4 Bod strange when compared to the Trolls 5 Bod? I mean Orks are still essentially bulked up humans.
>>
File: blackgestapo.jpg (150KB, 546x800px) Image search: [Google]
blackgestapo.jpg
150KB, 546x800px
>>54193817
They have a genre called orxploitation. You only need to mix it with Warcraft trolls being essentially a rastafarian caricature
>>
>>54193790
I've played a Troll as first character (Minotaur actually), Then I played two elves and a human. I only haven't played troll because I was building them too good at combat and it ruined it for everyone else.
>>
>>54193790
>In general I disagree with the supposition that character creation should mimic in-setting population.
100%. Shadowrunners as a population frequently don't mirror the larger setting population around them. They skew towards outcasts and oddities.
>>
>>54193787
Elves have a tendency to be flighty and thrill seeking, hence the Ancients being America's biggest gang. This makes a lot of elves take up running as a hobby rather than a true profession or way of life.
>>
File: 1493763713849.jpg (94KB, 564x675px) Image search: [Google]
1493763713849.jpg
94KB, 564x675px
>>54188186
I do pretty much the same thing. I think what you're doing is actually a pretty common houseruling because it's the most intuitive path for that system. Good on you OP

Of course I'v taken a few steps further and made a heavily homebrewed system that combines some elements of 5e with Ends of the Matrix. So I'm gonna wank to that for the rest of this post.

Most of the brain-hacky stuff has been delegated to clunky hardware and turned into a new archtype: The Operator, guy with loads of data-jacks and an array of sensors,scanners and projectors.
Naked brains CAN be detected in the matrix but it's very hard. Devices can be detected very easily and the more devices and wireless connections you have running the easier you are to spot. In this loopy-doopy house system cyberware, implanted devices and datajacks actually make you MORE resistant to matrix since they reduce the your wireless imput by just plugging into your brain.
>This means Sams get cool gadgets without needing to take hacking skills to not get fucked, while mages ether have to bite some ESS for datajacks, turn off their gadgets or invest in some hacking skills to remain self-sufficient
>Or just get their decker to spare a moment and run overwatch for them
Operators can still fuck you up if you get within their LOS, gadgets or no gadgets.

I'v mostly turned the full matrix diver into sub-type similar to what Astral Projection is to magicians. It's there for legwork scouting and countering nasty traps and skilled tech-users.

Basically I'v made tech a rough mirror to magic. It's a cheaper more accurate magic that sacrifices some power and flexibility.
>>
>>54192810
>I might wear a sneaking suit, but goddamn if I'm not going to crash through a skylight while "Kickstart My Heart" plays.

This is the thing I want to see in all games at some point. If not that song, something akin to it will suffice.
>>
>>54193817

Or just any ethnic/cultural minority in a lot of places in asia. Or like the Maori in Australia. Or dare I say native americans in America. Why everyone always gotta give credit to black people?
>>
>>54193867
I played a character named Ork Dynamite. He was a kung fu using physical adept with a lot of points in seduction.
>>
File: elly.jpg (28KB, 564x758px) Image search: [Google]
elly.jpg
28KB, 564x758px
>>54193922
Large numbers, large visibility, big issue in our media. Parallels in setting being specifically drawn between the two cases. There's really no credit being given here, it's simply the intended parallel.
>>
>>54193944
"Fiendish Blood Mage Wu, you done fucked up now."
>>
>>54193944

My Orkka! I made a phys adept Ork Wrestler called El Diablo Verde. Lots of Adept powers were picked for the sole purpose of dynamic entries, like punching through walls or jumping off high buildings.
>>
>>54193972
'A question a child might ask, but not a childish question. Still, Little SINless Penny, I'm gonna have to ask you to shut the fuck up when grown Runners is talking.'
>>
So I know stat-wise orcs and trolls have lower intelligence, or I guess lower intelligence-ceilings. What would that translate to in IQ, assuming humans still average 100? Would orcs sit at 95? 85? (70 and below is Intellectually Disabled.)

(Not to go down the rabbit hole, but would the IQ test parameters have to change as a whole, or would each metatype have to have its own test?)
>>
>>54194381
Not that much lower. 95 is my guess. But that's because each individual IQ point is actually a VERY big deal. Especially when it comes to averages.
>>
>>54194381
Trolls/orks arent /stupid/ its a common misconception.
Their knowledge is just more focused in general. A troll mercenary could list off a hundred facts about guns but know nothing about cooking, while an Elf will gladly list dozens of facts about both.
I have no basis for this claim its just my head canon, I always liked it though.
>>
>>54194409
>orks are autistic
>orktistic
>>
>>54194381
As a general thing the average is about the same assuming you account for a likely larger presence of uneducated orks in the pools people are going to be looking at.

Of course the different physical maturation of orks is going to really be the big skew if nothing's done to adapt the grading as it were.

So it may be accurate to make some changes given the differences in troll and ork biology and aging, but it's unlikely to be actually done.
>>
File: 1499144250994.jpg (56KB, 447x700px) Image search: [Google]
1499144250994.jpg
56KB, 447x700px
>>54194409
Intelligence =/= Knowledge tho. IQ tests specifically measure reasoning/logical ability, not how much info you have stored in your noggin. A knowledge test is more like a traditional school exam. Intelligence = can you figure out x, Knowledge = do you already know x.

It would be interesting to apply Multiple intelligence theory to metahumanity. Like, where do metatype averages fall along the modalities of 1) musical-rhythnic and harminic, 2) logical-mathematical, 3) visual-spatial, 4) verbal-linguistic, 5) bodily-kinesthetic, 6) interpersonal, 7) intrapersonal, 8) naturalistic, and 9) existential.
>>
>>54194737
So you might attribute the stat differences not to biology but to socio-economic status? That would actually make sense, as IRL that is the strongest correlation to IQ, and if goblinoids face stigma that makes them less likely to succeed, it would impact their average IQ ratings to a statistically significant degree. So maybe orcs and trolls aren't naturally dumber, they're just a product of harder knocks. Huh.
>>
>>54194381
>I guess lower intelligence-ceilings
I'd go with this one, seeing as it's mechanically true that orks have zero problems with reaching average Int & Log.
>>
>>54194904
If I recall correctly, there's a canon bit of lore about someone talking about Goblinization and how his mind hasn't been the same since.
>>
True, I hadn't considered that whole mental age vs chronological age thing in deriving IQ. Actually that would skew the results to show goblinoids as being MORE intelligent, since at 12 y/o they would have the mental age of an 18 year old. Some sort of dog-years rule would have to apply. Also that felt weirdly racist to say.
>>
>>54194955
I would love to read that if you or anyone else could point me in the right direction.

Also I know this is probably a dumb question, but do orcs and trolls still goblinize, or are they just born now? Both? If both, what kind if ratio are we looking at?
>>
>>54194955
Naturally, highly intelligent people before goblinisation would experience some reduction in faculties afterwards.
>>
>>54195063
Most are born, but a few still goblinize. I'd say probably something like 85% to 15%, respectively.
>>
>>54195063
You could read the novel Changeling.
>>
>>54195063

Don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly sure that if you're born to mixed parents you might be born human but goblinize when you reach puberty.

I'm just really curious to know if dwarves or elves can go through goblinization, and if not, why?
>>
>>54195145
It's true. The chance of being born human to 1-2 goblinoid parents is infinitesimally small, with a corresponding certainty of goblinising.
>>
>>54195145
Because you can't hybridize metatypes. The actual reason is never explained, even in setting as far as I know. It's one of those "it's just magic" things.
>>
>>54195063
Give me a bit to look for it. I think it was in 3e but I'm not 100% sure
>>
>>54195169

Well with a bit of handwaveium in the Science lab you can probably contribute it to UGE genes and Goblin genes conflicting with each other for dominance.
>>
File: Georgian_(604).jpg (3MB, 1578x2335px) Image search: [Google]
Georgian_(604).jpg
3MB, 1578x2335px
Anyone ever made a runner with a pet they made use of during runs? How did it go? I'm considering it on a conceptual level, but is it at all viable?
>>
Give me some cool ideas for Mystic Armor geases
be more creative than 'must not be wearing armor' because im a shadowrunner not a fuckin monk.
>>
>>54195322

It could probably be viable if you play an Adept with Animal Attunement Metamagic. Problem is that you can't really start with it unless you can make a sweet deal with your GM.

Your other option would be a biodrone.
>>
>>54195472
>not a fuckin monk.
Need to self flagellate to activate it.
>>
>>54195498
Not bad actually.
>>
>>54195476
Biodrones are wicked expensive. I've looked into making a character with them before. It sucks.
>>
Would you accept a geas for Improved Archery that amounts to requiring an Aim action be used to get the bonus?
Keep in mind this would basically mean they can only fire every other IP if they want to use the power.
Or is that too strict for a geas? Its hard to balance these.
>>
>>54193922
Maori are from New Zealand. Aboriginal Australians are from Australia.
>>
>>54195169
>>54195233
If you want the least amount of handwavium in your explanations, then I suggest going back to 2e/3e source books.
>>
Let's imagine a Marian Apparition happened in 2076 for some reason. How would this appear to an awakened?
>>
>>54196699
Probably like an overwhelming magical presence. Possibly even unlimited at that point. Something unique that nobody could even come close to imitating.
>>
Time for a hot topic
Can an adept be a street samurai?
>>
>>54197631

Way of the burnout, alphaware augmentations. Now I actually want to try this.
>>
File: serveimage[1].jpg (127KB, 1119x1600px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage[1].jpg
127KB, 1119x1600px
>>54197631
Why would you do this?
>>
>>54197683
Some chummers just want to watch the world burn.
Part 2: Can a street samurai be an adept?
The difference in phrasing actually really changes the question.
>>
I have thirty seconds left before break, so oblige me.
Describe your magical realm not in prose, but using only a metatype, an ethnicity, an archetype and up to three augmentations.
Go.
>>
>>54197631
Sure, code of honour isn't restricted to mundanes
>>
File: Little Sparrow.pdf (80KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Little Sparrow.pdf
80KB, 1x1px
>>54197631
Yes, yes they can.
>>
>>54197717
>The difference in phrasing actually really changes the question.
Sticking chicken feathers up a duck's butt does not make a rooster.
>>
Anybody got some good AI houserules, so they are not so bad?
>>
>>54183241

/srg/ is now canon in Shadowrun.

What do?
>>
>>54197723
plan9, plan9, plan9, three augmentations isn't enough
>>
>>54198213
Bull gets super mad at all the shitposting and hunts down everyone who has ever said a nasty thing about him.
>>
>>54183241
OP's pic made me think of catching a gyarados on pokemon Go rather than shadowrun
>>
>>54198213

Hestaby sockpuppets about wanting to fuck Hestaby in every thread.
>>
>>54198134
I think you just have to scrap what they did with them in 5e, bro. It's like they saw what was an overcomplicated and uninviting shit pile of terrible rules in 4e, and thought, "How do we remake that, but even more so?"
>>
>>54198213
Jackpointers become aware of their bullshit viewed from an external perspective and mostly kill themselves. Conversation goes back being mainly randoms with rumours/advice/experiences, plus experts on particular topics, all of whom shut the remaining jackpointer clique the fuck down when they try to monopolise talk time.
>>
File: Hachi Inu K8.jpg (97KB, 1080x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Hachi Inu K8.jpg
97KB, 1080x1200px
Do corps and cops still use dogs (or something similar) in the sixth world?

If so, are there magically/cybernetically enhanced versions of the same (I can't imagine most regular dogs being much good against a cyborg or even just the tougher metahumans.

Pics would be appreciated, especially if they've got chrome (and super-especially if they're in the streets or shadows)
>>
>>54198572
>Do corps and cops still use dogs (or something similar) in the sixth world?
yup, guard dogs are still used
>If so, are there magically/cybernetically enhanced versions of the same (I can't imagine most regular dogs being much good against a cyborg or even just the tougher metahumans.
Both are used:
Awakened dogs are used because a) they can percieve astral threats and b) they have powerful powers (hellhounds have fire breath while barghests can paralyze with their howls)

And augmented critters are also used, mostly with strength enhancing or weapon augments.
>>
>>54197934
Based.
>>
File: IMG_0630.jpg (117KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0630.jpg
117KB, 1000x1000px
>>54197723
>Describe your magical realm not in prose, but using only a meta type,
Elf

>an ethnicity,
Caucasian (blonde)

>an archetype
Face/corporate secretary

>and up to three augmentations
Breasts, and she can pick the other two
>>
>>54198817
>she can pick the other two
cyberdongs
>>
>>54197723
- Artificial Intelligence
- N/A
- Datajack (or 'trodes, or Control Rig) for the meatbag for when we go VR; anatomically correct humanoid drone for the AI when we go the old fashioned way. After that, bring in less... conventional... machines.
>>
>>54198828
...fuck
>>
>>54194955
>>54195063
If you read older editions like 2e it explains how goblinization was painful and traumatic experience as your whole body experience violent change. And its not a quick thing so people were left suffering for weeks with nothing to be done. After that they were seen as hellspawn and mutants, the goblinization as some form of punishment from god or disease.
All this kinda explains "my mind is not the same"
Now for Ork intelligence they start at the same base as every other metatype and while the maximum is lowere reaching the average does not require more effort than the other races put.
>>
>>54197723
>AI
>vocaloid
>stirrup interface, cosmetic augmentation, implanted commlink
>>
>>54199111
2e also has orks start at lower intelligence.
Is "CGL didn't want to offend the Tumblrite tribes" too far-fetched an explanation for why the obvious black metaphor has become just as intelligent as everyone else despite earlier editions stating both in fluff and crunch that they're actually less capable?
>>
>>54189008
Once a team I was with was hired by a food co-op and associated farm to help get them back on their feet after a corp raiding their store and torching their fields forced them to relocate. We had to steal a bunch of seeds from a seed bank, some extra farming equipment from a factory, and some animals from a few transports. Naturally, we had to make all of that stuff untraceable. It wasn't part of the job, but we traced the hit team that burned down the first farm and murdered them on principle.

The farm people couldn't pay us in money, but the whole team has received the benefit of the Homegrown Farming lifestyle quality for free ever since, representing the farm paying us in fresh food.
>>
>>54199195
1e/2e was backpedalled on pretty hard in some ways, flipping around the lore through revelations like the confirmation biases of previously relied upon scientists.

Otherwise dwarves and orks would still prefer to live underground, rather than "prefer" to live underground vs face constant discrimination on the surface.
>>
>>54199195
Second did
I don't think First did
So they were stupider for one edition?
>>
>>54199400
First did.
>>
>>54199485
Hmm yep you are correct
Then with older editions the ork average would be 2 for intelligence and charisma
Ugly, stupid and aggressive just like the scots
On the other hand less need to hit the gym. Better put that free time to study
>>
File: IMG_1560.jpg (71KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1560.jpg
71KB, 1024x768px
>>54199573
>Ugly, stupid and aggressive just like the scots

YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU BASTARD
>>
File: Metatype Relations.jpg (54KB, 432x576px) Image search: [Google]
Metatype Relations.jpg
54KB, 432x576px
>>54193787
Trolls and orcs disproportionately make up the low-income population that would turn to extralegal activity, but that doesn't make them most likely to be shadowrunners. There's a huge gap between the guys who go boost cars and the riggers with 150,000 nuyen cars. The local shadows might have a lot of goblinoid muscle they can call up, but professional runners are a different matter, with different variables.
>>
>>54199671
>There's a huge gap between the guys who go boost cars and the riggers with 150,000 nuyen cars.
There is, but baseline shadowrunners aren't at minimum the latter. There's room to drop from there and still call yourself a runner.
>>
>>54195322
Does anyone know what those tubes on his chest are for? Containers of holy water he gives to his animal companion to drop on undead?
>>
File: Futa Threads.png (979KB, 1013x969px) Image search: [Google]
Futa Threads.png
979KB, 1013x969px
>>54198828
>>
>>54183241

GOT MAGIC PRIORITY A, HUMAN HERMETIC MAGE BABY.

Hit me with your best spells to pick. It's my first time playing any magic user and I want to be the kind of guy that mainly kills people with spells, but also has some utility.
>>
>>54199814
Chaff, Sterilise, Heal, Invisibility, Alter Memory, Sound Barrier, Turn To Goo.
>>
>>54199883
Don't forget levitate
also: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?p=129741#129741
It's for 4e but should still work for 5e
>>
I'm gonna run a SR5 game for the first time. I DM'd DnD 3.5 before and sofar the rules of SR5 seem to make sense, even if they are more dice rolling intensive than 3.5.

I'm gonna run Battle for Manhattan for a group of people who have never played SR5 or any RPG at all.

Anyone have advice for me? I thought of buying props like toy guns or helmets.
>>
Has your runner ever considered appearing in a porno? If so, what kind?
>>
>>54199948
Go to pastebin, read GM Advice. Spend less time being a faggot and more reading rules.
>>
>>54199962
https://twitter.com/shadowrunporn
>>
>>54199962
This exact scenario has turned up in my groups more times than I care to admit.
>>
>>54199733
They're ornamental paper bullet cartridges. The robe he's wearing is a cherkesska, it's a descendant of the cossacks uniform. It's typically worn at weddings and such.
>>
File: Aztlan Catholic Priest.gif (999KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
Aztlan Catholic Priest.gif
999KB, 500x277px
>>54200243
>mfw local reverend will never wear regalia reminding you of glorious military history

Why is being a Protestant so hard?
>>
>>54200307
Try being brought up by people who decided they worshiped Thor and Odin. So many fats who don't uphold any of the nine virtues they spout on about, and are more interested with playing viking or pretending they have access to ancient magic, so little people just trying to be honest and self-reliant with a little symbolism mixed in.
>>
File: IMG_1564.jpg (18KB, 310x226px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1564.jpg
18KB, 310x226px
Is Anton Chigurh a good example of a Street Samurai prime runner?
>>
>>54201200
No he's a wetwork specialist a la Blackwing. Just like Lorne Malvo.
>>
So, I've been playing some mech warrior, and it gets me thinking.
How do I get more salvaging into my shadowrunning? I feel the level of looting a shadowrunner does is minimal at best, and could be way higher.
>>
>>54201699
Make everything harder to buy new and consolidate what few repair/crafting/adaping rules SR has into a more global 'crafting' system where players can recover shit, strip them for useful parts and then build their own things.
>>
>>54201699
That's a pretty lousy idea - unless it's a Rigger-oriented group.
>>
>>54201699
Let people grab shit, throw out the heinous ownership transfer rules, or give a better return on chopshops/resale
>>
>>54201699
If you gm: give your runners a contact to facilitate looting, like a dedicated fence or something. Give them some explicit looting side objectives on a few runs and hopefully they'll pick up the habit.

As a player: get a fence, grab everything that isn't nailed down. Take the cyberware off of dead enemies, Adept veins too. Less in the spirit of salvage, but almost any data you can steal will be valuable to someone.
>>
File: stealing.gif (42KB, 373x200px) Image search: [Google]
stealing.gif
42KB, 373x200px
>>54201786
See, that's a fair point, but salvaging things is amazing.
Especially when you start trying to pull tough shots to try to take things down without damaging the goods.
>>
>>54201859
To each their own.

And my own opinion is that SR is already a very inventory and bookkeeping intensive game. I wouldn't want to keep track of salvage on top of that.
>>
File: 1373020122004.jpg (246KB, 1024x621px) Image search: [Google]
1373020122004.jpg
246KB, 1024x621px
>>54201699
Why can't you be my GM?
I fucking love looting, would love runs to get specific gear, but the System heavily discourages it and most GMs seem to hate it when you loot anyhting more like a filled Magazin for your FN HAR.
>>
>>54201924
Keeping track of salvage isn't that hard. Runners are kinda limited in what they can carry with them, unless they're planning a run around boosting a big ticket item or hijacking an armored truck.

In which case, the players are doing most of the book-keeping for you.

>>54201990
It's probably from playing Mechwarrior/BT growing up. I've learned to love the looting potential in tabletop games.
>>
>>54201990
Because I have a TERRIBLE history with online games not collapsing after a couple sessions.
Maybe I'll give it another go one day.
>>
>>54202015
>In which case, the players are doing most of the book-keeping for you.

If I were a player having to do that I'd hate it.

If I were a GM I wouldn't do that to my players unless they specifically asked for it.
>>
>>54202628
So...stop liking what you don't like?

No one's forcing you to do anything anon, others are just having a discussion about a facet of Shadowrun that we find fun and is underdeveloped. You don't have to participate.
>>
>>54202723
I'm just warning you that your players might not be on board with this idea if you are the GM. Make sure they are instead of suddenly just forcing it on them.

I'm working under the assumption that people play Shadowrun to do Shadowrun things - not BattleTech things.
>>
>>54202784
That should be standard procedure for introducing any houserules or homebrew
>>
>>54202628
wtf no, bookkeeping relevant stuff is nice

I even made some premade Handouts to give to my GM so he knows exactly what i'm carrying with me, without me having to write down almost the same shit every session.
>>
>>54202934
I don't like that level of inventorying and bookkeeping.

I remember arguing with a GM over whether or not a smartphone (or commlink/pocket secretary - whatever you'd like to call it) would have a flashlight function or not. His ruling was that since I didn't specifically mention it on my character sheet, I didn't have it. He told this to me with a straight face the whole time I was shining the flashlight from my cheapass smartphone directly into his face.
>>
>>54203132
I'm sorry your GM was shit, but you shouldn't let that stop you from having fun grabbing all the stuff you can fence while on a run.
>>
>>54203174
I still don't consider that fun. I won't pass up the reward but I often bribe someone else in the group (pay for their share of the pizza / offer to buy them a soda or bag of chips / give them a ride home if they need it) to write all that down for me/us
>>
File: kabukicho.jpg (312KB, 940x620px) Image search: [Google]
kabukicho.jpg
312KB, 940x620px
>>54203132
I feel like Shadowrun attracts the worst kinds of /k/fag DMs. Or maybe it just brings out the worst in otherwise decent DMs
>>
>>54203132
Now thats a stupid GM
>>
>>54203132
>You want to send your guys a message? Did you mention whether your commlink can do that on your sheet? You didn't? Bad luck.
>You want to call your guys? Did you mention whether your commlink can do that on your sheet? You didn't? Bad luck.
>You want to see the world through your cybereyes? Did you mention whether your cybereyes also have a camera which shows the outside world? Image link? That goes to your commlink for AR stuff. You didn't specify it? Bad luck.
>>
>>54201803
>heinous ownership transfer rules

which editions have this? I've only ever played 4th
>>
>>54203904
5th edition requires you to hack anything to transfer ownership while blocking its attempts to phone home to its legit owner, which sounds easy enough, just do it in a faraday cage.

Except the device has to be connected to the matrix for you to transfer ownership.

I'm probably wrong, but I can't be arsed to dig through the morass of editing and try to be more accurate right now.
>>
>>54203934
there's also the way of physically altering it
>You can illegal-
>ly change a device’s owner with a Hardware toolkit and
>an Extended Hardware + Logic [Mental] (24, 1 hour)
>test. A glitch on that test results in the item sending a
>report to the authorities.
CRB p 237 (just before the Matrix Actions part)
>>
>>54203934

You are sorta right.

One could get a Streetsam-AI, those are good at changing ownership, considering they have a special Action for that.
>>
>>54203985
24 hits, losing a dice each time..glitches and crit glitches getting increasingly more likely.

Sounds like a good reason to have more than one Edge.
>>
>>54204215
DESU extended roll rules are pretty shit. I just set an interval of maximum amount of allowed rolls and if necessary balance the threshold versus the total number of successes required, so you din't have to worry about allowing edge on extended rolls or not.
>>
>>54203934
I'm glad i don't play 5th edition then.
>>
>>54204470
Rest of 5e is pretty decent (except the Editing, but you can Counter that with wörkwörk), i wouldn't want to go back to 4e.
>>
File: IMG_1569.jpg (16KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1569.jpg
16KB, 259x194px
>>54204470
Not the Anon you're talking to but it makes sense to me up to a certain point.

I work in a government job IRL that provides "work phones" to some of the employees. They are iPhones. Whenever somebody wants to switch their phone line from one iPhone to another for whatever reason, Apple will send a message with a code to their old phone that they must type into their new phone in order to complete the transfer (if the user does it themselves by moving the SIM chip over).

That said, there's ways around that, but they usually involve contacting Apple or the phone company.

In Shadowruns case, if a runner were trying to transfer vehicle ownership, I'd rule that hacking or dicking with the hardware will have a difficulty proportionate to the value of the car. But there would also be ways to do it by fraud by contacting the owner/corporation/government the car is registered to (in a non traceable manner) and just committing fraud if they're stupid enough to give the Runner what the credentials they need to delete the current ownership.

Fucking things up wouldn't result in sending a full alert to the cops either. Just locking you out and sending a notification to the current owner (who might THEN call the cops - which requires filing a police report etc). Basically the runners could just abandon the damn thing if they can't become the "official" owners instead of expecting a SWAT team rappelling down from helicopters the moment they fucked up.
>>
>>54204845
havign to abandon things you are getting paid to steal or that you looted because you need it to do your job because of a buggered hacking roll is not good from a gameplay perspective.

I'm speaking as a GM who tends to have to be talked town by my players from being too realistic or simulationist
>>
>>54204950
Usually if you're being paid to do steal something, the Johnson takes delivery and then has someone else transfer ownership. If they're expecting you to do the hours-long process and then pick it up, that's gonna drive up the price of the run.
>>
>>54205043
that doesn't solve the problem of how to make "having your underfunded and under equipped team plan and execute multiple jobs to steal what they need to be able to take on jobs that have a descent profit margin" viable enough that your players will do it.
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.