[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 368
Thread images: 38

File: 4594b5a39d58252e2dcb4eac30cf5fd8.png (395KB, 1128x1629px) Image search: [Google]
4594b5a39d58252e2dcb4eac30cf5fd8.png
395KB, 1128x1629px
Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/, Pathfinder, and Starfinder)

When was the last time you REALLY dropped your spaghetti? As a player or GM.

PoW errata: http://dreamscarred.com/path-war-errata/

Link repository; point out problems if found: https://ghostbin.com/paste/tx5h8
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>53848397
>>
>>53853774
Saged and reported. Please ignore this piece of shit of a thread, /pgg/.
>>
Real new thread:
>>53853908
>>
>>53853774
It's been a while since I've dropped my spaghetti.
>>
>>53853774
I don't play this game but I am just here for the pics.
>>
How does the Bloodrager stack up these days? How would you rate the Shadow bloodline that came with Blood of Shadows? Could anything fun be done with a Fetchling Bloodrager with the Shadow/Aberrant bloodlines (presumably Crossblooded)?

I was looking for a good Bloodrager guide, but despite a lot of people saying that the Bloodrager is incredibly solid and a good addition and so on and so forth, the last "Handbook" I could find was an incredibly outdated one from 2014 (and unfinished, at that).
>>
>>53854171
Bloodrager is solid in the way Skald is solid - it takes a decent melee class and gives it decent spell abilities. I know that's not really helpful but
>>
>>53853774
>Please ignore this piece of shit of a thread
Y, tho?
>>
>>53854267
Shitpost OP that shouldn't be tolerated. Please sage so it can die.
>>
>>53854307
I see no shitposting, though. Appears to be an identical OP, except this one was up first, and thus takes precedence. You think this is shitposting, you should see the Warhammer Fantasy General and how the OP is consistently hijacked by a shitposting End Times/AoS fag that insists on injecting his own setting.

This, this is nothing.
>>
How do you handle one on one duel?
>>
>>53854361
It's just a butthurt faggot who's mad that his thread wasn't first.

>>53854373
By saging and reporting the thread that came second.
>>
>>53854361
Anime picture, /pfg/ shittery, literally made by 2hu.
Either way, this thread is dead. Almost everyone is in the proper thread. Stop shitting up the board by bumping this shit.
>>
First time I hear about Starfinder. Someone gove me the cliff notes?
>>
>>53854412
Starfinder discussion is going on in the real thread right now.
>>
Does anyone else punish their players for not roleplaying or describing their actions, or giving a description that would be literally impossible, like dodging a RE1-style roof trap?
>>
>>53854422
But this IS the real thread. The other one is a shitposting thread.
>>
>>53854429
No, I tell them that they can't do the impossible but they can make it possible. I am not critical on how they play, unless they are not even paying attention.
>>
>>53854373
There's rules for magic duels, if that's what you're thinking. Otherwise it seems to me just a regular encounter that stops at a preset threshold of HP, is invalid if someone interferes, and ends if either side withdraws (concedes). Start at a distance of 20 ft, initiative goes by pure modifier instead of rolling (because the start is announced by the ref).

>>53854429
I don't punish them, but I do sometimes overrule. Not necessarily for the former, because I think that's something I should discuss with him privately after the game.
>>
>>53854388
>made by 2hu

What the fuck is your problem, Anon? 2hu is super knowledgeable about this shit. How is that a criticism?
>>
>>53854388
>he thinks 2hu made this op

no.
>>
>>53854388
>anime picture
Are you seriously bitching about animu grills on 4chan, esp. in relation to Pathfinder?
>/pfg/ shittery
How? What? This *is* the /pfg/ no? The other thread isn't even marked as /pfg/, but it should be, so people find it. If the intent is for a unified Paizo/Pathfinder general, you're going to have to live with /pfg/. Either that, or try to keep two separate generals alive, but don't be such a sperg.
>literally made by 2hu
Who and why would I care?
>>
>>53854422
The real thread? Wat? There's this thread and the late duplicate thread. Are you seriously going "Dohoho, come to MY thread if you want to know mooore!"?
>>
File: 1472219218067.png (341KB, 525x669px) Image search: [Google]
1472219218067.png
341KB, 525x669px
Have you confessed your undying love and gotten chastely and lovingly married to the Erodaemon yet?
>>
>>53854554
>erodaemon
>love

because their thing is literally breaking hearts
>>
>>53854200
Any personal experience? And would a fetchling and the shadow bloodline work without sucking ass?
>>
File: 1466972318065.jpg (74KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1466972318065.jpg
74KB, 640x640px
Can anyone tell me if there's a way for a Cleric to cast Arcane spells without prestiging or something? Not all of them I just want to grab one or two non-cantrip spells, level 3 or 4.
>>
>>53854582
Use Magic Device.
>>
>>53854562
That's the joke, you imprison them in your house and force them to hug you and cuddle with you. You ignore their silent sobbing in the shower

>>53854569
Not him, I'm not really experienced with fetchlings, but considering Shadow Con and Shadow Evoc are free spells you get, I can't imagine Shadow "sucking ass" unless you actively build against it. Try taking Spell Focus and G. Spell Focus on the Illusion school to pump your DC as much as you can for those two.
>>
>>53854582
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?296803-Pathfinder-mini-guide-Casting-spells-from-other-lists

The list is out of date so it's could be missing newer things, but hopefully you'll still find something that works for you.
>>
>>53854605
Unnerving Gaze instead of your SLAs and Shadow School is pretty decent.
>>
>>53854655
Thanks
Also, is it common to port 3.5e prestige classes to Pathfinder? I know Pathfinder is supposed to be "3.5e but not from 2003" but I'm not sure how interchangeable the systems are supposed to be
Sorry if it's a dumb question
>>
>>53854655
>Requirements: Ability to cast divine spells, caster level 7th, worshiper of a Great Old One or Outer God.
O MY HASTUR
>>
>>53854562
Are Erodaemons basically /r9k/ stacies/thots?
>>
>>53854726
That feat makes me want to play a cultist sometime, because it's flavorful and powerful and I already like Lovecraftian stuff anyway. Just gotta find the right campaign for it...
>>
>>53854640
>not joining them in the shower for some steamy affection

Are you an idiot?
>>
>>53854767
*cue screaming and crying about how she doesn't -want- to create life and how you smiply -must- take the dimensional anchor off her this instant or she'll go insane*
>>
Come in and shitpost Pathfinder/Starfinder: https://discord.gg/cJqW2
>>
>>53854698
It's common, but porting is necessary. It's not compatible as-is. Assumptions are slightly different, so wording has to be revised, abilities rebalanced, and requirements tweaked.
>>
>>53854778
I wrap my arms around her and tenderly kiss the nape of her neck while she cries.
Your move, DM.
>>
>>53854640
>Try taking Spell Focus and G. Spell Focus on the Illusion school to pump your DC as much as you can for those two.
I would love to, but I'm hesitant considering that the Bloodrager seems to get a very limited number of spells known and spells per day - is it worth investing in caster-centric feats?
>>
>>53853958
As a protector of balance that specifically targets key individuals that may tip the balance in any way. A Druid||Assassin or Ranger||Assassin comes to mind.

Fuck, the more I think of the prestige gestalt idea, the more I like it.
>>
>>53854875
Shadow Conj and Shadow Evoc don't require you to know the spell you shadow, meaning you can cast Fireball, Black Tentacles, or Greater Aggressive Thundercloud as long as people don't make the Will save to Disbelieve your Shadow spell. Essentially, they give you every Wizard Conj / Evocation spell of 4th level or lower as long as people don't make a will save, which can be useful, esp. since allies can CHOOSE to fail their saves. It really depends on how many feats your build otherwise requires.
>>
>>53854805
>trying to sink this thread by baiting discord shitposting
I'm onto you

>>53854875
This >>53854672 was meant for this >>53854569 because I'm a retard, if it helps.
>>
>>53854972
Not baiting, just offering an outlet for shitposting as most peeps there are pf-virgins anyway.
>>
>>53854964
What happens if you Shadow Conjuration a shadow?
>>
>>53856808
>bumping a dead thread
Let it die, anon.
>>
>>53856808
>What happens if you Shadow Conjuration a shadow?

You conjure a illusory shadow, obviously.
>>
So when is Starfinder released?
>>
>>53858115
August 2017, the website has not changed. Google moar newfag
>>
File: Iomedae_ascendant[1].jpg (176KB, 1680x1129px) Image search: [Google]
Iomedae_ascendant[1].jpg
176KB, 1680x1129px
Is there any Adventure Path that revolves around the Starstone/Test of the Starstone? Might actually make a pretty compelling basis for that gestalt game I was thinking about, with more-powerful-than-average heroes/half-deities.
>>
>>53858145
>Google moar newfag
But then what would I have you guys for?

Seriously though, thanks, I hadn't heard about this before and I don't usually keep track of Pathfinder/Paizo stuff.
>>
File: 1493857357626.png (1MB, 500x624px) Image search: [Google]
1493857357626.png
1MB, 500x624px
Can anybody lay out the reasons why I should make my nerdly scholar a Wizard vs a Sage Sorcerer?

And as I'm going Conjuration, how does Master Summoner stack up?

Campaign will eventually go Mythic but not until much later.
>>
>>53861597
>Can anybody lay out the reasons why I should make my nerdly scholar a Wizard vs a Sage Sorcerer?
Personally, I consider Sage Sorcerer flat-out superior to Wizard. The main benefits of the wizard seem to be item creation feats, the extra social skills, and the various archetypes. I think it's very hard to gauge if any of that is worth it to you, though. I'm personally a real sucker for crossblooded, so you'd be hard-pressed to sell the wizard to me, especially as I consider the archetypes lackluster.

Of course, the wizard's flexibility is unmatched.

>And as I'm going Conjuration, how does Master Summoner stack up?
The Summoner archetype? Summoner is fundamentally very different from Wizard/Sorcerer, honestly - and sadly, because I like the idea of having a lot of summons, but summoners are mostly all about the eidolon, but Master Summoner chips into that core mechanic, making it more of a traditional summoner, but the result is generic, so I'm not a fan.

Also, RAW, it only applies to Summon Monster I, for some really weird reason. I suspect it's meant to apply to all the Summon Monster increments the Summoner gets (and Gate), based on some of the wording, but RAW, it only seems to apply to the first one. Which is fucking weird.
>>
>>53854582
A Silver Spindle Ioun Stone can get you any 1st level spell as a spell-like ability, three times a day. If your DM allows for magical item crafting you can use that as a baseline and make it stronger? Alternatively they have one that can spell-store a third level spell, if you just need to toss one out occasionally and there's a caster you can get to help out.
>>
>>53865141
There's also a few other items that do this for a less expensive cost, like Mantle of the Troll King gives you Burning Hands, and Helm of the Serpent gives you a bunch of high level stuff iirc.
>>
>>53861597
Sage sorcerer doesn't even hold a candle to wizard.
>>
File: 1495191642237.png (1MB, 1950x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1495191642237.png
1MB, 1950x1000px
Reminder to lovingly caress your erodaemon bride.
>>
File: mage[1].jpg (119KB, 868x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mage[1].jpg
119KB, 868x1000px
>>53866745
>Sage sorcerer doesn't even hold a candle to wizard.
Why? I've always been a fan of Sorcerer over Wizard mechanically, but I prefer the idea of a sagely scholarly type to that of "It's inherent lol I guess I'm like a dragon or something?", so I've always liked the idea of a Sage Sorcerer. But I've never had a chance to play Pathfinder.
>>
I don't understand why Exhack isn't doing anything. Can't he just delete the listing if he's not going to actually run the game or update it instead of begging for more time every time the deadline hits? I think everyone is expecting to be a bamboozle already so it's not like people will be Molthune or TSS butthurt.
>>
>actually preserving this thread by tactical bumping for an entire day
Now that's dedicated autism.
>>
>>53867089
Hardly any more than antianimefag doing so for three threads in a row.
>>
>>53867089
>autism
I'll tell you what's autism: Get so upset over animu grills on an animu board that you start a second thread for basically no reason. Now that's autism.

Also, I didn't tactically bump this thread, I simply posted in it because it was the going /pfg/ and it was open in a tab when I got up this morning, and the conversation carried from there. More or less.

Don't want duplicate threads? Don't create duplicate fucking threads.
>>
Alright, to set the thread off since the other thread/branch is dying (why the fuck did the branching even get to a second thread?)

What is the best Adventure Path? If I ever start running Pathfinder, what should I run? Also, are Adventure Paths usually well-paced? Supposedly, they often run you from lvl 1 to lvl 15 or 18, and coming from other systems, that seems incredibly fast to me, but are Adventure Paths usually broken up to last a really long time, in-universe?

Would be odd to see someone go from peasant to punching planars in a matter of in-game weeks, or even months.
>>
Hi again, /pfg/, I'm actually doing some writeup of my Prestige Gestalt System later, as a homebrew, and I wanted some input.

What are the "lowest" Prestige Classes that could easily be adapted to be taken at level 1 or 2 (or may even be possible to take already at level 2, even if it requires very specific builds)? Preferably, I'd like to have something that would fit well with just about any character type, so it doesn't feel awkward for anyone, and the more "generic" we're talking, the better.

Eldritch Knight, Arcane Archer and Arcane Trickster are all in, so we've got arcane spellcaster/warrior/rogue/archer covered, at least, but what else? And are there any gaps that I should think of?

At the moment, I'm having a hard time coming up with what would be a good early prestige class that could be adapted for 1st/2nd level for vanilla rogues that don't want to be assassins, arcane casters (arcane tricksters) or do supernatural fuckery (shadowdancers).
>>
>>53867168
Mystic Theurge, kind of, if you're not too alarmed by giving Wizards divine 5-casting.
>>
>>53867218
Fair point, that'd work from 2nd level, and although it's cheese, I don't see an inherent reason to ban it or anything.
>>
I don't understand why people say racism does not exist in Golarion when there is literally a book that details stereotypes and discrimination each ethnic group might experience. For example, all Kellid are fur-wearing savages, or the Ulfen are smelly rapists who are naturally good at sailing.
>>
You can choose two futures, /pgg/

In the first, Pathfinder is now a mechanically superior game to 5e. It's great, fantastic, absolutely wonderful. The only stickler is that Rory is now an important character in the lore. We're talking "major god" levels of important

In the second, Pathfinder continues on. But there is no Rory. Which future do you choose?
>>
>>53867588
The first? How is this even a fucking question I just brew the setting away ffs
>>
>>53867588
>implying 5e is a mechanically superior game to Pathfinder
Back to /5eg/. Pathfinder has a slew of fucking issues and I'm not even going to pretend it's a good system, mechanically, but don't pretend 5e is anything but garbage there.
>>
>>53867577
Literally both of those stereotypes are absolutely true.
>>
>>53867588
The first. I ignore major deities like Asmodeus or Pharasma all the time.
What's his Portfolio?
>>
>>53867588
First, I have faith that the Rat Goddess resultant from this change will one day smite the dog.
>>
>>53867710
Fluffy tails, muscleboys, STR-faggotry, awoos
>>
>>53867588
I use my own setting anyway. Go ahead and gimme that improved system.

>>53867618
I mean depending on what you want from a game it might be. Honestly they could have done better but I do like the lower power level myself, just wish there was more content.
>>
>>53867588
How is this even a question? The first one, absolutely. The existence of a Rorygod just adds further fuel for the General.

>>53867683
#NotAllUlfen
>>
>>53867723
>>53867741
Holy war between the Rat Goddess' and Rory's followers fucking when?
>>
>>53867749
Ulfen need to be exterminated
>>
>>53867797
Cultural Marxist anon just go away
Nobody cares about your insane genocidal ravings
>>
>>53867823
Wouldn't a cultural Marxist save an ethnic minority? Not destroy them?
>>
>>53867830
Yes, but Hwites are never an ethnic minority. They can only ever be the oppressor. Have you learned nothing in social justice class, anon?
>>
File: HIGH IMPACT.jpg (163KB, 852x775px) Image search: [Google]
HIGH IMPACT.jpg
163KB, 852x775px
Ok, so, lets talk Noetic Mystic

Conceptually I love the idea of this Archetype. I like the Wilder, its my favorite psionic class, the Mystic has always intrigued me, the result should go together like peanutbutter and jelly.
It unfortunately, has not. Let me explain

See, replacing Arcane Defense with surging euphoria is OK, its actually a decent trade, not great but overall its fine
The problem comes with the Animus Surge, basically, you can choose to surge on a maneuver and exceed the usual animus limit with said boosted animus

This gives a variety of effects, but honestly? Most of the Animus boosts are pretty meh. Insight bonuses to hit, increase DC, do 1/2 your level in damage (what? How is this a thing), penetrate resistance and teleports.. They're all ok

but the thing is, is getting a few more of those limited boosts.. How does that compare to, say
Massively increasing your groups mobility with Air glyph
Which at 19th level gives them all pounce + an extra attack that stacks with haste
or Darkness glyph both protecting people with concealment, as well as making invisible enemies a total joke
Earth that makes them much, much tankier and protects from combat maneuvers
Fire, which is WAY BIGGER damage boost than Animus surge and Surging euphoria combined
Same goes of Illumination, which makes illusions worthless, Metal, which gives fort saves and AC boosts, as well as later ignoring DR, and Water, which gives goddamn freedom of movement

Elemental Glyphs are INSANELY strong, and they function as a force multiplier that will stack with most other force multipliers like Bard shit, making them absolutely insane.

When you trade out elemental Glyphs with an archetype, whatever replaces them needs to be fucking-strong-, you're giving away the Mystic's core as team support, so you better get something big out of it
Animus surge isn't that. Its honestly not even close, the boosts animus augments offer from the current Mystic are rather lacking in punch.
>>
File: freyja.jpg (48KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
freyja.jpg
48KB, 736x552px
>>53867854

Noetic Mystic is conceptually a 'selfish' archetype of the Mystic, but its selfish powers are so weak its hardly even worth doing. Were it to be doing something like that, perhaps it could be applying a Glyph of its choice to itself, but not to allies, this would give it a clear identity as a very SELFISH Mystic, one that can potentially do much greater things on its own than other Mystics, won't be as good as a party contributor.

As it is, Noetic Mystic is just a straight up downgrade in almost every aspect, in addition to the baffling choice to give it Wild Talent as a free feat to make it psionic rather than Awakened Animus, which would play way better with its 'psionic' flavor mechanically, as well as natively allow Animus -> PP conversion for use with Sleeping Goddess.

In addition, lets look at its Discipline spread.

E-flux is Int based skillwise
Riven Hourglass, Sleeping Goddess, and Solar Flare are Wisdom based
Veiled moon is Dex based and the only Charisma based one is Mithral Current

Realistically, this is very bad, it means that a large majority of its Counters are going to be weaker than normal, it may be worth considering giving the Noetic Mystic Charisma based Autohypnosis, or a boost of some kind to the skill, letting it use whats arguably its signature discipline as a Psionic Mystic, Sleeping Goddess, much more effectively.
>>
>>53867849
Ulfen are absolutely a minority. You're thinking of Chelaxians and Taldans. Those with Azlanti blood. All the rest are analogous to non-whites.
>>
>>53867872
>ulfen
>literally vikings: the ethnicity
>analogous to nonwhites
Drugs are bad, nigger
>>
>>53867883
>rapist caricatures
>ever approaching the nuance and nobility of the Scandinavian peoples

If Swedes were just vikings, they wouldn't be whites either, Anon. Geez.
>>
>>53867883
Cartman, please, minority means "Being an ethnicity or a culture within a region where they are not the dominant ethnicity or culture" meaning Ulfen are a minority in Varisia where they are most commonly found outside of Irrisen and Land of the Linnorm Kings.
>>53867948
But you are wrong too, nigger.
>>
>>53867948
If Swedes were just vikings, we'd have a LOT less problems today.
Also, trust worldwide idiots to not have a clue about the vikings.
>>53867970
Yes, but that'd be logical reasoning, not cultural marxist programming.
>>
>>53867948
Ingimundr the Unruly is the only one that's actually a rapist stereotype, people like Svein Blood-Eagle and White Estrid are quite noble.
>>
>>53867948
They're not white though
>>
>>53867854
>>53867866
If I PM you, can I score some quality time with Aurelia?
>>
Is there a way to share senses with a familiar if you're not an arcane caster? Doesn't have to be long, just long enough that a character with the clouded vision Oracle curse would be able to see that there's an enemy army incoming on the horizon or something.
>>
>>53868133
I want to have a sneaky steamy sojourn with Sappy-sama's slender smug small-chested Shelynite slut!
>>
>>53868159
>ever taking Clouded Vision
>ever
nigga you goofed
>>
>>53868219
Sappy is old and busted
>>
>>53868222
I know, it's not the best choice mechanically, but it fits the character well enough. My other choice would be Lame, but I just feel really eh on it.

Plus, it fits the art I found, and damned if I'm going to spend more time digging. I'm really picky about character art, it took me 4 hours of browsing a couple sites before I found something I was fairly okay with.

Besides, I have a Thrush familiar that can tell me where big shit's coming from, so it's not so bad.
>>
>>53868252
Yeah, well you've got a lazy eye and your tits hang down to your navel!
>>
>>53868259
Have you considered any of the Corruption curses? If you're allowed to take them, that is.
>>
>>53868306
Rude
>>
>>53868366
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
>>
>>53868406
Good point. Hopefully Sapps forgives me.
>>
>>53868324
You mean Hellbound, Abyssal, those kind of curses? As far as I know they're allowed, yeah. I even thought about taking Abyssal, because it makes sense. But I intend to cast good-aligned spells, and Abyssal is the only one that'd make sense to take, so I'm passing on them.
>>
>>53853774
Last Thursday.
>>
>>53853774
I do not spaghetti. I am a proper cook.
>>
>>53868366
>Rude
But fair.
>>
Question for you anons. If I have a familiar that can speak one language as a supernatural ability (like a Raven or Parrot), and I have ranks in Linguistics (thus meaning the familiar has ranks in Linguistics as well), can that familiar then speak other languages? If not, can it at least -understand- other languages? I'm just trying to figure out how Linguistics works with familiars, particularly those that can actually speak.
>>
>>53868419
Why should someone forgive an asshole that attacks them for no reason?
>>
>>53868765
No, it only gets to speak the one language. First off, it's only able to speak a language because of a supernatural ability that specifically says ONE language. Secondly, the familiar doesn't have skill ranks of its own, it merely gets to use its master's ranks for making checks. That means they don't get to learn new languages from putting a new rank in Linguistics- because they don't put a new rank in it, their master does.

Even without gaining new languages, the familiar can still use the linguistics skill for anything it could reasonably do, such as appraising a legal document or identifying a forgery. On the whole though, it's not a very useful skill for most familiars.
>>
File: f36106f2c7b1d79aba9d073bd4810e23.jpg (777KB, 2532x2868px) Image search: [Google]
f36106f2c7b1d79aba9d073bd4810e23.jpg
777KB, 2532x2868px
>>53862653
>>53862608
>>53862588
When you convince XS to run a not!githyanki game on Roll20 instead of /qst/.
>>
>>53868996
Githyanki suck.
>>
>>53868768
They shouldn't. Good luck. I hope she gets accepted. Shelyn is a really interesting deity.
>>
File: The Denizens of Leng.png (857KB, 750x714px) Image search: [Google]
The Denizens of Leng.png
857KB, 750x714px
>>53869070
They might in 4e and 5e, but she's a better worldbuilder than their devs are.
>>
>>53868925
Thought as much, but figured I should ask just in case. Thanks anon!
>>
File: 1392479492807.jpg (54KB, 305x309px) Image search: [Google]
1392479492807.jpg
54KB, 305x309px
>>53868996
>>53869133
Extremely high-level campaign NEVER EVER.
>>
Have people ever used old player characters as strong enemies? Not necessarily for the same group mind, but using level X semi-optimized PCs using the tactics I remember them using as enemies is honestly some of the best encounters I've ever had with my players.
>>
>>53869250
Level 20 Gestalt and Mythic? But what kind of campaign could handle such high power?
>>
File: 5e9d18a.jpg (89KB, 527x750px) Image search: [Google]
5e9d18a.jpg
89KB, 527x750px
>>53867766
>Get SoP size change at CL 5
>Become 32 feet tall
>Realize that proportionally I'm still the same
>Have a dick the size of another party member
>Its longer and girthier than they are tall and wide
>Violating_the_square_cube_law_for_fun_and_profit.png
>Mfw
>>
>>53869326
Our GM did that in a Rogue Trader game once, used some PCs from a defunct crew as minor antagonists. My character ate one of them!
>>
File: Sigmund.jpg (16KB, 512x256px) Image search: [Google]
Sigmund.jpg
16KB, 512x256px
It's father's day, press F to pay respect
>>
>>53869326
For a different group that can be fun, just don't let your attachment to old characters give them an undue boost. Throwing old characters at the same group is a bit of a slap in the face, though.
>>
File: casimir.aldori.jpg (31KB, 327x500px) Image search: [Google]
casimir.aldori.jpg
31KB, 327x500px
>>53869353
F
>>
File: IMG_3128.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3128.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Don't forget to send a PM to your good and caring daddy, /pgg/
>>
File: IMG_3466.jpg (156KB, 600x945px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3466.jpg
156KB, 600x945px
>>53869353
F
>>
>>53869335
>"Now my dick is TRULY the most stupidly enormous now!"
>>
>>53869326
>>53869375
Not him but my players tend to, when they're done with a certain adventure, say "I'm playing as the daughter of the bandit lords we killed at level 5 all grown up" or "I'm one of the baby boys the bard left behind with the daemon".

>>53869353
F

>>53869404
This guy's story made me sad as fuck, no closure at all. I got to the quest and was just - is that it? Did I do something wrong?
>>
File: press f.jpg (66KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
press f.jpg
66KB, 960x540px
>>53869353
>>
Starfinder Stuff:

Get your copy of First Contact, courtesy of Reddit
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwsQBh5kjjpIdjdycXJOSUNIVFU/view

Starfinder News: http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljwd&page=3?Bringing-Out-the-Big-Guns-in-Starfinder#106

A summary for everyone else:

Longgun Weapons can end up dealing at least 7d8 base damage before any modifiers or enchantments.

Baked in damage boost tied to character level.

Lack of iteratives (which is alright with me given the above two points) makes chasing accuracy bonuses far less important

Finesse weapons are now "operative weapons" and the feat tax on them is gone.

Weapon enchantments, now called fusions, can be swapped between weapons freely.

The holy fusion overcomes energy resistance of some evil things

Weapon focus now applies broadly

Weapon levels sound really cool

Crits double all damage, and they are very emphatic on the "all" part

Soldiers are the only ones with inherent access to the full-Level-to-Damage boost weapons

Crits don't need confirmations anymore, but if you only hit on a nat 20 you don't get a crit

Inappropriately sized weapons inflict a -4 penalty to attack but don't change damage

Melee weapon handedness doesn't change the Strength bonus

Many weapons have crit riding effect, most common of which are burn, corrode, knockdown, deafen, staggered, bleed, and wound. There are a few others

Armor bonuses scale with equipment level, as does how long you can survive in a vacuum with that armor

There's a 12d10 slashing damage sword with 6d6 bleed on a crit and a 14d10 bludgeoning and fire hammer with knockdown on a crit as level 20 melee weapons. Just don't think you're going to get in close easily.

General assumption is that you can buy anything with an equipment level equaling Character Level +2
>>
File: 12314232123.gif (1MB, 354x200px) Image search: [Google]
12314232123.gif
1MB, 354x200px
>>53869330
Dahak and his children have come to scour the Material Plane, and it's up to the party to stop him.

Alternatively, Rovagug/Tar-Baphon has been released from their prison and have razed much of the planet. You are the last, greatest hope of Golarion.
>>
>>53869495
Will Starfinder kill Path of War's niche? Heavy damage single attacks with extra effects was kinda its thing.
>>
>>53869388
I'm waiting...
>>
>>53869495
>Inappropriately sized weapons inflict a -4 penalty to attack but don't change damage
Not sure I agree with this change for melee and bows, but it makes perfect sense for guns or crossbows.
>>
What's your favorite PrC?
How would one go about making PrCs an attractive option?
>>
>>53869565
I hope we can get tripods to remove that penalty!
>>
>>53869550
Soldier alone is good enough to invalidate PoW, SoM, and even Core Ranger and Fighter with all the attempts at fixing them. Everyone else was screaming that the Operative invalidates the Rogue.
>>
>>53869573
I can only presume that certain Very Heavy ranged weaponry can be treated as siege weapons if set up properly, so it shouldn't be impossible to translate that to other weapons.
>>
>>53869573
How is a tripod supposed to help with Pixie weapons?
>>
>>53869551
You aren't online!
>>
Is homebrew anon around? Wanted to ask the progress on the 2-h Magus archetype.
>>
So why hasn't Surge given us any art of Witch yet?
>>
>>53869662
Last I remember, she mentioned wanting to get througg her backlog of requests from other things before doing any more ensoulment art. We can probably expect her to start churning out ensoulment art and porn again when the hype picks up after JttW closes, and to never stop if Illaria gets picked.
>>
>>53869778
>after JttW closes
But what if she gets in to JttW? Or even PLD?
>>
>>53869833
Then we can probably expect to start getting art from those campaigns. Has she applied ?
>>
>>53869778
Does she have a place where she collects her art?
>>
>>53869621
They have a Roll20 account, don't they? Send them a PM!
>>
>>53869859
Apparently not, but I thought she was talking about doing so in the discord, back when she drew the map
>>
>>53869868
There is a link to all her ensoulment doodles somewhere, but I dont remember ever seeing a proper blog or deviant art or anything. She drew her ensoulment character art, which is pretty good. And shes done maps for ensoulment and PLD that get posted ever now and then and are probably on those listings.
>>
>>53869901
Which discord? The Cabal or the public one?
>>
Wait wait wait
RgPI is a girl right? IKiD, Wist, and the new player are too.
Vult is going to have a harem in PLD.
>>
>>53869972
>thinking anyone is a girl
>>
>>53869972
Lilly is a girl IRL too.

That's why CaptainSlow got kicked out. He was the only male player.
>>
>>53869947
I don't remember, I may have just taken things out of context with the map work.
>>
File: TWFDancer.jpg (2MB, 1222x1984px) Image search: [Google]
TWFDancer.jpg
2MB, 1222x1984px
I'm bored so I'm going to ask stupid questions about Unchained Rogue in hopes to make myself homebrew

>Why hasn't there been an actual 4th-casting rogue archetype, divine or arcane? The Eldritch Scoundrel trades too much for it to be a practical choice, but there's gotta be a middle ground
>Why hasn't there been a rogue archetype that stole Slayer or Investigator's study? Studied Target has already been whored out to the fucking DRUID of all things, so it's not like it'd be too big a stretch to let the Rogue have its little brother's toy
>how long will it take before Paizo finally releases an archetype that trades out Finesse Training for SOMETHING? Will 3pp forever hold the cards here?
>>
>>53870009
>believing ANYONE who claims to be a cute gril online
>>
>>53870044
I bet Rory is secretly a cute girl
>>
>>53870031
>>Why hasn't there been an actual 4th-casting rogue archetype, divine or arcane? The Eldritch Scoundrel trades too much for it to be a practical choice, but there's gotta be a middle ground
Because arcane trickster exists for magic rogues, but it's not that good unless you build entirely around it.
>Why hasn't there been a rogue archetype that stole Slayer or Investigator's study? Studied Target has already been whored out to the fucking DRUID of all things, so it's not like it'd be too big a stretch to let the Rogue have its little brother's toy
Because both investigator and slayer exist
>how long will it take before Paizo finally releases an archetype that trades out Finesse Training for SOMETHING? Will 3pp forever hold the cards here?
They are not known for archetypes for unchained, so never.
>>
Has anyone posted the adventurer's armory to the repository yet? I wanna take a look at the 3d6 19 strength required butcher axe
>>
>>53870162
>AKA: a vital-striking, size-increasing half-giant's wet dream
>>
>>53870009
Lilly is...Nameless Fairy? IT ISN'T FAIR
>>
If I were to play as some kind of magic caster that summons monsters or a summoner and focused all my effort on making my monster HUGE, how large could I go?
>>
File: rita why.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
rita why.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>53870213
But why would you want that?
>>
>>53870213
I mean, Summon Monster VIII and IX can summon Cloud and Storm giants, which are Huge, and Enlarge Person then makes them Gargantuan, so without even thinking there's that.
>>
>>53870228
Because it's fun?

Maybe I want to summon fucking godzilla.
>>
>>53870267
Biggest you can get is a colossal purple worm at 9th slot.
>>
>>53870161
>prestige classes doing a thing has stopped archetypes from butting in and doing that thing "but better"
>classes existing has stopped their features getting whored out to parent classes hello Brawler

I'm not going to contest that trying to do things with rogue is likely completely pointless, but there's so much that could be done with it that just... Isn't.
>>
>>53869404
>>53869387
>>53869353
>Sigmund died before he could so much as grope a titty
>Casimir's still not with anyone, and if the campaign's ending soon than he won't be until Jade Regent
>Andrik's ideological clashes with literally everyone else in the party isn't doing him any favors

Is Captain Slow the Brendan Frasier of /pfg/ or is that still DHB?
>>
>>53870303
Welcome to Paizo
>>
>>53870355
Hey, to be fair, Sigmund had a red headed slut waiting for him before he backed out of the game
>>
>>53870355
Has Slow apped for any of the current meme games? Or did the TSS bamboozle hit him too hard.
>>
>>53870382
Cashmere >>>>> Gloriana
>>
>>53870430
Cashmere + Gloriana >>>>> Cashmere = Gloriana > Red Headed NPC Sluts
>>
>>53869587
We'll find out if that's actually true when we get our hands on the book and can see the math for ourselves, rather than just what Paizo doles out as previews occasionally.

So far I think the math looks questionable. A space pirate captain, security droid, and mobile carnivorous plant monster are all CR 4 (fine) and have exactly identical AC and HP (wtf) and ability scores that are totally unlinked to their other stats.
>>
>>53870192
PM HER!
>>
File: Mythic-Level Alimony.jpg (80KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Mythic-Level Alimony.jpg
80KB, 750x1000px
>>53870355
I can see it
>>
>>53870407
>Has Slow apped for any of the current meme games?

I don't know, but he hasn't applied to Ensoulment, Journey to the West or Wrath of the Righteous.
>>
>>53870382
That's a lie and you know it. Gloriana kissed that girl AND visited her bedroom before Sigmund got past a wink and a rump slap.
>>
>>53870572
Wist is Slow's sockpuppet account he uses to make waifu apps.
He had to drop out of PLD because he didn't expect both his polar opposite attempts to get in together.
>>
>>53870572
>>53870407
Word on the street is that he's working on something for one of those. He was in here just the other day asking about it. You might not have noticed, but it was him.
>>
>>53870593
Not even a good and caring daddy can compete with Big Slut
>>
>>53870572
What about Fluffy Tail?

>tfw no good and caring fox daddy
>>
>>53870513
Monsters seem to be built with some new Simple Monster Creation arrays, which is why some stats don't seem to add up and identical CRs with the same arrays have the same numbers.

Personally, I'm all for it. SMC is a great "close enough" way to make monsters without risk of unbalanced stats. Plus it makes it easy to add grafts if you want a bunch of the same monster in different flavours.
>>
>>53870355
I thought Andrik was supposed to knock up the Tit Witch
>>
>qlippoth based class archtype
what would it be like?
>>
>>53870725
Lots of tentacles and corruption, probably!
>>
>>53870572
>No champion of PATRIarchy for ensoulment
>>
>>53870651
Fluffy Tale is a degenerate bamboozle, do you really expect any of the big names to waste their time on it?
>>
>>53870597
Wait...so when Wist made that Avowed Daddy app...
Have they merged to form a meme gestalt persona?
>>
File: 1378640098486.gif (2MB, 450x252px) Image search: [Google]
1378640098486.gif
2MB, 450x252px
>>53870682
From the pastebin they dumped earlier, Kyras has a lot more synergy with Tit Witch anyway.
>>
>>53870831
>pastebin
>for an IKiD character

Bestiality, brutality, or both?
>>
File: 1497772669381.jpg (74KB, 605x558px) Image search: [Google]
1497772669381.jpg
74KB, 605x558px
>>53870570
>tfw no campaign where the intrepid group must secure all the wealth of the First Vault so their patron can pay Alimony to Shelyn
>>
Hello, just dropping by for a quick question. I'm homebrewing a pantheon and I'm trying to find a fitting favored weapon for a deity of mercy and forgiveness. I was going to go for something with disarm or trip but they tend to be fairly brutal weapons. Are there any you recommend or should I just homebrew a weapon? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>53870597
I thought Slow's sockpuppet account was M. Grim
>>
>>53870672
I'm of the opinion that it can go fuck itself. It's not impossible to create a monster creation system with numbers that actually line up. The Pathfinder Unchained system is a pile of lazy garbage that causes more problems than it solves and takes longer to use than building an NPC your damn self, struggles to create interesting abilities (let alone combinations of abilities), totally fails to create monsters with roles outside of "physical brute", "spellcaster with weird holes in its capabilities" or "useless", and chokes if you want any monster outside of those basic established archetypes (it spits out gelatinous fucking cubes with AC 17, Reflex +2, and great perception).

Paizo taking anything from that cluster fuck going forward instead of throwing it out and starting over is a sign of doom.
>>
>>53870862
Unarmed.
>>
>>53870831
Aye hmu senpai
>>
File: 1453407364475.jpg (127KB, 450x576px) Image search: [Google]
1453407364475.jpg
127KB, 450x576px
>>53870862
>Are there any you recommend or should I just homebrew a weapon?

Ilmater was a God of Mercy and Forgiveness, and his holy weapon as Unarmed.
>>
>>53870879
I already gave unarmed strikes to the god of madness (the idea being that he's too insane to do anything besides thrash in combat and actually use a weapon). Should I just give her a heavy flail and hope the players don't get abusive with it?
>>
>>53870864
How many sockpuppet accounts does this guy have?
>>
>>53870891
>>53870858
https://pastebin.com/tVdyLjdR
>>
>>53870858

Franze telling a story of brutally killing somebody on her first day in the Watch while Kyras and Branwen vigorously drank Absinthe, and gave Franze their full attention.
>>
>>53870878
It's just a set of guidelines, not a fucking catalog. If you don't like the result just tweak it. Add abilities that aren't in the list. If you want low AC and reflex, just change it and think about how it affects the balance.
>>
>>53870899
>I already gave unarmed strikes to the god of madness

nigga that just makes Unarmed EVEN MORE PERFECT for your god of mercy, besides, it's not like there's anything stopping deities from both having the same weapon
>>
Guys, I have a revolutionary idea
Should I write up some shit for random Ensoulment characters doing stuff and/or meeting each other?
>>
>>53870977
How would you say it makes it better? Just because of contrast?
>>
>>53870899
Dude, you're setting yourself up for some awesome flair if the God of Madness and the God of Mercy fight each other; one's focused on raw power and rage, while the other's trying to subdue the threat and pin them.
>>
>>53870996
Do it.

Roll for it.
>>
>>53871006
>>53870895
>>53870879
Eh, that works. Thanks a lot for the advise!
>>
>>53870996
Would you invite the celebs to guest star?
>>
>>53870996
NO!

Write a character and apply for a game instead.
>>
>>53870996
Do Alexander X Derrin having some big gay homolust
>>
>>53870996
See >>53871014

>>53871018
Hey man, no problem!
>>
What level of well optimized party could take a lvl 20 swashbuckler?

How good/bad of an idea is it to build antagonists like PCs?
>>
>>53870969
"Yeah, the monster creator isn't shit because you can ignore its garbage outputs on simple tasks and just make something on your own instead!"

Go fuck yourself.
>>
File: 1497588384710.jpg (163KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1497588384710.jpg
163KB, 900x900px
>>53871053
>Swashbuckler

Good luck, anon. No amount of optimization can save the party from CHARMED LIFE.

Seriously though, antagonists should be built like PCs - I'd argue almost every enemy that isn't a monster should be built like a PC.
>>
>>53871025
But I already applied to the game. Now I'm just bored.
>>53871014
>>53871042
It'll have to be after dinner, because it seems I'm getting guests a bit early. Make up a roll table and give me some suggestions!
>>53871033
No homulost allowed
>>
>>53871056
You missed the point.

Pick a Generic template for what you want. Then tweak a bit.

It'll be Overkill for an individual NPC, but a real lifesaver as a GM when you have to make up lots of thing.
>>
>>53871056
Go look up "guideline" in a dictionary.
>>
>>53871080
>antagonists should be built like PCs - I'd argue almost every enemy that isn't a monster should be built like a PC

I'd argue entirely against that.
PC vs PC just heightens the rocket tag nature of the game. PF numbers inherently aren't balanced for PC vs PC combat in a way that players can enjoy.
>>
>>53871084
>No homulost allowed

Then do Derrin and Alexander meeting, and then not fucking each other!
>>
>>53871080
I get the appeal, but I have a hard time gauging the CR of PCbuilt enemies.

Is there a chart or something that roughly translates level and teir into CR better than the playerhandbooks's "their CR is their level -1"
>>
>>53871100
No, I get the point. You're just wrong, and it's time to take Paizo's dick out of your mouth. It cocks up basic stuff (everything is the fucking same, the ability options are anemic, and none of the stats line up with each other in any sort of meaningful way). Being totally unable to produce non-standard creatures is one of many problems.

>>53871118
Nobody needs a second set of guidelines- in addition to the ones that already fucking exist in the bestiary- that are 50 damn pages long. What would actually be useful is a functional monster creation system. But Paizo's fails the sniff test on first principles.
>>
>>53871084
Here, have a list.
1. Ichabod
2. Derrin
3. Mazdak
4. Aeldrannas
5. Felix
6. Orion
7. Niccolo
8. Ceraphine
9. Petre
10. Witch
11. Mouse
12. Jericho
13. Itsuko
14. CCC
15. Lao
16. Giancarlo
17. Ortzi
18. Jarlin
19. Dorag
20. Rintaelle
21. Rodrick
22. Rokar
23. Alexander
24. Varius
25. Hakak
26. J-Bird
27. Spidget
28. Damian
29. Matheo
30. Eleanor
31. Orias
32. Tome of the Night Sky
33. Takashi
34. Sibyl
35. Kaerogi
36. Gaius
37. Vandread
38. Rae
39. Edwinn
40. Illaria
41. Bardem
42. Yalungur
43. Marche
44. Trixie
45. Walker

I'd suggest a chance encounter, just bumping into one another while they're walking down the road.
>>
File: goblin archer.jpg (46KB, 540x806px) Image search: [Google]
goblin archer.jpg
46KB, 540x806px
>>53871053
>>53871100
>>53871130

What I've done in the past is I make "shells" that are just a general backbone for each of the core and base classes, then feat lists for each that I can switch out to change up how the NPC behaves. They're super generic but with changing the stats a bit you end up giving the impression you're making vastly different characters. I also had spell-lists prepped for casters.

Now that I'm no longer DMing though, I lost most of my work for that.
>>
>>53871084
Which app is yours, anon?
>>
How are JttW apps going?
>>
>>53871289
Strfags nowhere in sight, viable husbandos nowhere in sight, dark days ahead
>>
How do some of those apps do the "picture on right side" formatting thing?
>>
>>53871202
>he rolls Broodie's new app and C3
>one day on a dark night, the elf rolled a one on her perception check and died before she even knew anything was wrong, rest in pieces
>>
>>53871202
Rolling for a pairing.
>>
>>53871453
Read the sticky, anon.
>>
Rolled 22, 36 = 58 (2d45)

>>53871202
>>
>>53871202
You know what
Remove the randos first. I mean some of these guys are impossible to write for, you don't have to remove all of them but I don't even understand what Felix is trying to communicate, as an example.
>>
>>53871511
I managed to do it... I'm sure this anon can too.
>>
>>53871182
Whoa there, bruh. I get you, I really do.

Same thing hAppended to me with Fantasy Craft.

>"Why do I have to read a 3 page PDF full of instructions to MAKE a character, let alone my character"?

But once you use it a few times, find a guide or an Excel sheet, it gets real easy. Trust me on that
>>
>>53871544
You shouldn't have.
>>
>>53871502
>Rokar again
Damn, this guy gets all the rolls.

>>53871511
Felix is easy, just write him as the app presents him, an incoherent wanderer.
>>
>>53871544
It was a waste of your efforts and disappointing to us all.
>>
>>53871550
Not him but I agree. There's no point to the monster creation rules. Hell the bestiary is the best guideline you have, here are monsters with unique abilities all statted out and CR'd for you, just go mix them up.
>>
Rolled 23, 21 = 44 (2d45)

>>53871202
Seeing who'll get rolled
Roll Kino pls
>>
>>53871567
It was beautiful. I am so sorry for your lack of taste.
>>
>>53871544
Speaking of which, keep going with your ensoulment shipping shitposts. They were funny.
>>
>>53871312

But anon, a Strfag has already applied.
>>
>>53871586
I've been waiting for this.
>>
>>53871586
boy oh boy
wouldn't be the first time brother nier pleases older men
>>
>>53871586
A L E X A N D E R
L E X A N D E R A
E X A N D E R A L
X A N D E R A L E
A N D E R A L E X
N D E R A L E X A
D E R A L E X A N
E R A L E X A N D
R A L E X A N D E

SOMEONE WRITE THIS NOW
>>
>>53871202
... Does J-Bird plug out?
>>
>>53871655
No, he's just a nerd and that was a silly nickname from the original list I copied over.
>>
>>53871627
ALEXANDER KING OF YAOI
>>
>>53871680
You are disappoint.
>>
>>53871579
I'm not disagreeing. Having a Bestiary around makes it super simple. You can change a name ornanresistance and throw the players for a loop.

What I'm arguing for is that there being a guide to creating them yourself is fine too. It's just another tool in the toolbox
>>
>>53871874
If only it were actually good though.
>>
>>53871883
Isn't /pgg/ the first to say that about all of Paizo?

Besides, I want to see how they try and make it work in Starfinder.
>>
>>53870161
>They are not known for archetypes for unchained, so never.
They made a few that had provisions for UnMonk, like Scaled Fist.
>>
>>53871874
Yeah, having a monster creation system would be awesome. It just needs to actually work and have sensible outputs. Paizo's doesn't fucking do that, it just faffs about and claims it does. It produces shit like dodgy cubes, level 2 liches, and bomber alchemists that do 3d6 damage at level 1 and 20. Seriously, there's a good reason that neither you nor anyone you know personally have actually made and used a monster from that system, and nobody talks about it. It's awful, and it doesn't look like it's changed much in Starfinder, except that now they're leaning exclusively on it for designing their challenges.

Making a monster creation system is hard. You have to put a lot of legwork and math into defining at what level bands abilities are appropriate challenges, assigning statistics that work, and designing solid lists of options for constructing creatures. But the Paizo developers are allergic to work, so Pathfinder Unchained was in development for half a year and the chapter with arguably the most potential benefit to the game at large was trash.
>>
>>53871874
>guide to creating them
The problem is that Pathfinder is objectively shit on the math end. The numbers in the game don't grow at any consistent pace by level and the weight of different values is all over the place. CR isn't reliable either.

There's no reasonable way to set up a monster creation guide because there's no good math to work with, or an easy way to identify what abilities are worth what. Experience and reference are just going to be better tools than any guide written that'll fall short depending on countless factors.
>>
>>53871312
I blame the Tian Xia setting.
>>
>>53872040

There IS a metric stat-by-level for monsters if you go digging through Google, people have posted them before. But is it sensible and consistent? Fuck no. It is however a decent measuring stick to see what they are capable of and how they measure up in pure numbers next to your PCs.

Of course, this falls apart when you introduce spells, SLAs, etc.
>>
>>53871289
Foxtits still the only really good meme and waifu.
>>
>>53872046

Funny you say that, we got a huge muscle daddy posted just yesterday.
>>
>>53872103
One muscle daddy out of what should have been a dozen isn't impressive.
>>
how would someone stat an Utukku qlippoth as a PC race?
>>
>>53872126

>expecting Asiatic characters made by weebs to not be twinky fuckbois and grandpas

YOU FOOL! If you wanted bara you should look for a Land of the Linnorm Kings game, or Realm of the Mammoth Lords.
>>
>>53872166
But nobody makes those! I want a LotLK campaign so bad but nobody dares to run one!
>>
>>53872199

can't be 'muh unlikely mix of every continent, color and race tromping about not!west-central Europe' if you make a game about angry rapist viking-celts
>>
File: fh_menu-shugoki_ncsa.jpg (77KB, 1400x1070px) Image search: [Google]
fh_menu-shugoki_ncsa.jpg
77KB, 1400x1070px
>>53872166

I'm sure there's plenty of big strongfat guys of Asiatic persuasion.
>>
>>53872222
Which is ironic because the LotLK has the highest concentration of Tien people outside of Tian Xia.
>>
>>53872238

Be the change you want to see,anon. Post a jolly but vicious strongfat warrior. Show these twigs what real strength is!
>>
>>53872254

Why tho?
>>
>>53872262
>>53872238
Sumotori monk/barbarian when?
>>
>>53872268
The Land of the Linnorm Kings has a direct land route to Tian Xia called the Path of Aganhei, and is thus the first stop for all trade and exiles from the continent.
>>
>>53872238

I would love to have a strongfat bro to team up with. I'm the Strfag who posted an app.
>>
>>53872126
>one strfag pulls out, another goes in
>>
>>53872306
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fVnWn4X-XI
>>
>>53872268
>>53872331
To expand on this, Tien immigrants to Avistan are often, as I mentioned, exiles of either a social or political nature. Some of them are merchants, others simple folk looking for a better life, but the cost of the journey and the dangerous nature of the trip often means those who leave are of a wealthy, disgraced persuasion. Though exiles, Tien immigrants are often absurdly traditional and isolationist, preferring to keep among themselves (most famously in the Jade Quarter of Kalsgard, the LotLK's "capital" and seat of King Sveinn Blood-Eagle.)

Those who leave their enclaves are often branded as outcasts, and worse yet those who dare to love non-Tien people become ostracized by their culture. These unions are often of passion, and the products of which are explicitly described as astonishingly beautiful, half-Tien/half-Ulfen people acquiring the finest qualities of both parents (it helps as well that black hair is desired by Ulfen, who see it as beautiful and alluring.) This is a bit of conjecture, but many mixed children with Ulfen parentage are described this way, which suggests Ulfen make for ideal husbands/wives.
>>
>>53871312
So I'm not going to have Str or Dex. I'm going to have 32 charisma though.
>>
>>53872549

>not!vikings have yellow fever

of course they do
>>
File: Axe orc.jpg (294KB, 1390x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Axe orc.jpg
294KB, 1390x1920px
>>53871312
I'm just waiting for an appropriate opportunity to use this for a character. It just doesn't work for JttW, you know? For a fair number of reasons.
>>
>>53872600
>The tallest ethnicity in Golarion lusts after the smallest
>>
File: AC4U2.jpg (98KB, 462x462px) Image search: [Google]
AC4U2.jpg
98KB, 462x462px
>>53872646
>>
>>53872621

That looks perfect for a Linnorm game.
>>
>>53872685
Too bad a Linnorm campaign does not exist!

If only someone made one with WotR rules ;_;
>>
>>53868133
You won't PM me.
>>
>>53872757
>Mythic Linnorm campaign
>>
>>53872827
>Party fights Grendel and wrestles Valkyrie
I don't see a problem with this.
>>
File: 1493090924127.gif (61KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1493090924127.gif
61KB, 126x126px
>>53868133
>>53872815
Remember to PM your crush!
>>
Why is DHB being such a huge piece of shit about WotR?
>>
>>53872757

I have been unofficially polling /pfg/ for what it wants, a Linnorm game came up a few times. Most want a generic fantasy romp though. I will give it consideration when I eventually post a listing.
>>
Okay, I'm back! Time for some activity. Gonna arbitrarily trim the list of randos before I roll some dank memes.
>>
>>53872902
You should do a cross-campaign pairing! Someone from SotJR with someone from Blingmaker, or someone from JttW with someone from Dragons 1.
>>
>>53872964
What're the cross-campaign pairings for FotJR an SotJR?
>>
>>53872975
don't we have a chart for this
>>
>>53872964
If I do cross-campaign pairings I will restrict myself to those currently recruiting (and Chalice, which is ending today and may have ended by the time I start on something).
>>
>>53872964
>Cross-campaign pairings

Oh Lord

I wanna see Rory get big and gay with someone.
>>
>>53872897
Generic fantasy romp is SHIT. Give me something actually interesting like criminal intrigue.
>>
>>53872995
But Rory is lusting for Gloriana, everyone knows that
>>
>>53872897
Therein lay the problem with an LotLK campaign; there just isn't that much to do besides end-game shit like killing Linnorm or hunting Ice Giants. Something situated in the Linnorm Kingdoms would need to focus on either being a high-level campaign of legends worthy of the Skalds, or have the heroes elsewhere for half the campaign before returning to the region.

Level 5 with the party owning a longship could work, especially if you work out a "Great Heathen Army" scenario where the Ulfen are invading/colonizing Not!England.
>>
>>53873046

Go play WoD or some shit if you want that.
>>
>>53871289
Happy with my app, first time applying for a public game, and hope that with the removal of summoning I can be a good fit for parties.
>>
>>53873077

I can think of a few things off the top of my head that they could be doing in that land at low levels.
>>
>>53873046
Svein Blood-Eagle is old and yearns to leave for Valenhall, his many sons and ambitious thanes are eying up his throne. Maybe set the campaign around Kalsgard and the Thanelands, with the party seeking support from the local thanes and jarls for their own pick to the throne... Culminating in a Linnorm Hunt, for only with a Linnorm's head paraded through the city gates can one call themselves a Linnorm King! Imagine, if you will, a campaign where the party both owns land, participates in local politics, and occasionally goes out to raid or pillage.
>>
>>53871443
>before she knew anything was wrong

>SHE WAS DUNKED ON
>>
>>53873095
Like...? The Linnorm Kingdoms are incredibly dull if you're low-level, most of their shit is downright fantastical.
>>
Rolled 37, 11 = 48 (2d40)

Alright, I've made the list. I arbitrarily shuffled some numbers around and left some emptied slots empty, so that there's a chance of the roll resulting in only one character - in which case I'll come up with something interesting on a solo mission. I suck at rolling, so hopefully this works.

1. Ichabod
2. Derrin
3. Mazdak
4. Aeldrannas
5. Orion
6. Niccolo
8. Ceraphine
9. Petre
10. Witch
11. Mouse
12. Jericho
13. Itsuko
14. CCC
15. Lao
16. Giancarlo
17. Ortzi
18. Jarlin
19. Dorag
20. Rintaelle
21. Rodrick
23. Alexander
25. J-Bird
26. Spidget
29. Matheo
30. Eleanor
31. Orias
32. Tome of the Night Sky
33. Takashi
34. Sibyl
35. Kaerogi
36. Gaius
37. Vandread
38. Rae
39. Edwinn
40. Illaria
>>
>>53873150
>mouse and vandread
lmao
OTP
>>
>>53873150
MOUSE
>>
File: how exciting.gif (691KB, 255x209px) Image search: [Google]
how exciting.gif
691KB, 255x209px
>>53873150
>Vandread
>Mouse
this cannot possibly go wrong.
>>
>>53873150
HES JUST MISUNDERSTOOD
NIGHTMAREISM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE
>>
>>53873150
>Mouse and Vandread
My fucking sides.
>>
>>53873135

Violent civil disputes that erupt into worse conflicts between the kings, incursions and raids by other barbarian groups and orcs, the seeds of Outsider plots coming to slow fruition, evil druids plotting to blight their lands with an eternal blizzard, jouten migrations running roughshod over northernmost territories, undersea invaders destroying their ports and ships at random trapping the PCs, etc etc.
>>
>>53873150
>not just writing Alexander x Rodrick
What are you? Gay?
>>
>>53873071
What is even the appeal of Gloriana? She's a voluptuous bimbo with a good heart, that's dime a dozen.
>>
>>53873230
Name three other voluptuous bimbos with a heart of gold currently in other campaigns.
>>
Alright, for this journey into the abyss I have prepared myself with the following strong shit:
>a good bit of gin
>a good bit of lemon juice
>a tiny bit of sugar
>a peanut
Down the hatch and let's get to work!
>>
>>53873242

Is that one of those 'Farmboys turned heroic knights are so overdone! but you never see them played ever because people like being edgy coolguy weirdos' sort of things?
>>
>>53873230
She tries real hard but knows she's too stupid to figure things out, but damn it if she's not going to protect those smiles, especially of the cute nerd that can figure things out for her!

She's a real team player who needs to be collared and trained
>>
>>53873150
I was hoping we'd roll Alexander x Takashi

For the meme you see.
>>
>>53873119
And that isn't a standard fantasy romp. That's political intrigue and nation building.
>>
>>53873210
>>53873338
If Alexander is rolled and ends up with a woman it needs to be rerolled until he ends up with a guy. He must be the gay homolust icon of Ensoulment
>>
on a scale of 1 to 10, how /d/-tier do you like your lewd campaigns to be?
>>
>>53873380
How many people has Alexander been paired with?
Like 4 or 5?
>>
>>53873381
Considering that PLD has been about a 7 and is basically hated?

I'd say they like it around 2
>>
>>53873359
It also means you need to start at level 5+ to explain why the PCs have been called to a thing/moot... Which is, coincidentally, an exquisite way to introduce PCs as they filter into the meeting hall and get called by NPCs who know their legend.
>>
>>53870044
What about ones who claim they aren't cute but still a girl?
>>
>>53873419
PLD is hated because it shits up the thread unrelentingly, not because of its degenerate-ness.
>>
>>53873443
I'll admit, I probably fall into that.
>>
>>53873275
Pretty much, notice how Alexander is a bog-standard farmboy-turned-hero and people love him? The trope sounds tired when you say it by name but the trope in motion is always fun because it's... Well, it wouldn't be a trope if it wasn't effective, you see?
>>
>>53870044
What if I'm a cute gril (male)?
>>
>>53873381

>Favorite Tags: Consensual, Hand-Holding, Oral, Vaginal, Heterosexual

>No Tags: Everything Else
>>
>>53873397
Seven. All of them men

Jericho, Roderick, Derrin, Ortzi, Takashi, Itsuko, and a few others I missed
>>
>>53873459
The more you claim it to the contrary, the more it's going to be true.
>>
>>53873450
No, the thread shits itself over PLD because of the degenerate-ness
>>
>>53873465
Not only is he a farmboy-turned-hero, at this point he's the flagbearer of yaoi meta. He's a big gay farmboy
>>
>>53873282
I did have an idea of mind for a mad alchemist as an app to PLD. Although if I had to give him a reason to join, it would be that Gloriana helped him through a dark time in his life, and he wants to repay her for her generosity.
>>
>>53873537
You'd probably be disqualified on technical grounds for not involving a manifestation
>>
>>53873495
So you're saying I am cute, but I'm not a girl?
>>
>>53873530
>>53873419
Vult, go back to the Discord. Nobody gives a shit that your game has sex, they give you shit because you and your players were shrieking about it in the thread.
>>
>>53873573
Cuteness becomes stronger with every denial.
Girlness is entirely secondary in comparison.
>>
>>53873557
I was going to work both in, but you're right and I should adjust my idea accordingly.
>>
>>53873595
But I'm pretty sure I'm essentially a human troglodyte. That's sort of inimical to cute.
>>
What are your favorite parts of Golarion?
Hard Mode: Favorite part of Tian Xia, Ustalav, the Shackles, and Cheliax?
Harder Mode: Favorite part of Azlant
>>
>>53873629
Aaaand you just got cuter. I don't make the rules, anon, they're just natural law.
>>
File: femanons.jpg (119KB, 607x428px) Image search: [Google]
femanons.jpg
119KB, 607x428px
>>53870044
>Not claiming to be a cute boy online
>>
File: PLD.jpg (358KB, 1200x848px) Image search: [Google]
PLD.jpg
358KB, 1200x848px
>>53869972
Game is gonna look like this
>>
>>53873680

Startlingly accurate.
>>
>>53873686
You just know they're all sitting on a twelve incher
>>
>>53873686
Dare I post the latest transformation table?
>>
>>53872815
I'll do it tonight!
>>
>>53873645
I really like the idea of playing a Samsaran in Goka or Hwanggot, plus Hongal and Kaoling look like interesting places to quest in. And we can't over look the sheer madness that is the Valashmai Jungle. :D
>>
>>53873627
>>53873537
Please apply
>>
>>53873537
Did you PM THEM?
>>
>>53873800
Lot of talk, nooo action
>>
>Think positive! WOHOO!
>LIFE IS A MISERABLE GATHERING OF CREATURES.
The more I write the more hilarious this gets
>>
>>53873866
I'm tempted to play a Lawful-Evil tiefling Dark Elementalist//Harbinger who lives in Tianjing. Make him some kind of famous guy who is as wicked a guy as the Necromancer, but has obligations and standards. Have him use evil, evil methods, but only in service to the people of Tianjing.

And by evil methods, I mean killing criminals and smoking their souls like after sex cigarettes, obliterating entire forests in order to root out qlippoth threats, and other, more fearsome things. Have his whole philosophy related to his powers being basically "Okay, I _eat_ the souls! They're destroyed and reused. I don't stuff them back into a dead body and make them dance! That's just despicable!"
>>
>>53873627
Reminder that Vult picked people based on who had the most interesting plot to work with
>>
>>53873883
I will!

>>53873905
Not yet, I'm making a non-connected version in case IKiD doesn't want said tie-in.
>>
File: Happy Fathers Day.png (279KB, 1031x795px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Fathers Day.png
279KB, 1031x795px
>>53869353
F
>>
>>53873772
Do it
>>
>>53874015
>Not yet, I'm making a non-connected version in case IKiD doesn't want said tie-in.

Have you even asked?
>>
>>53873984
I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited.
>>
FRESH BREAD:
>>53874185
>>
>>53874147
Not yet. But again, I'd rather have a backup ready beforehand.
>>
>>53873992
That's a damn good joke, friendo.
>>
>>53874189
Page fucking 7.
>>
In the pastebin, how is the link to "Mageguru's Trove" supposed to be read? I thought it was a snip.ly-link, but if that's it, it's dead.
>>
What event or act could justify throwing someone into a cell of hungry dogs and devoured by them?
>>
>>53875480
Rape? Unless it's an elf.
>>
>>53874490
It's annoying, isn't it? Especially since we're still only on 9 and the new thread already has over 130 posts. Starting new threads as soon as the old one goes autosage is pretty shitty, and shits up the board.
>>
>>53875480
Ask ISIS.
Thread posts: 368
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.