[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paizo Games General /pgg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 376
Thread images: 60

File: white mage.jpg (967KB, 850x1322px) Image search: [Google]
white mage.jpg
967KB, 850x1322px
Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder and Starfinder, formerly known as /pfg/)

Succor Edition

Does it make sense for arcane and divine magic to be split, and for "nature" magic to be divine? Why is healing almost exclusively in divine's magic purview anyway? How can we make healing in combat a viable tactic?

PoW errata: http://dreamscarred.com/path-war-errata/

Unified /pfg/ link repository: https://ghostbin.com/paste/tx5h8
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>53853908
>>
>how can we make healing in combat a viable tactic?

Vitalist
>>
>>53860912

>How can we make healing in combat a viable tactic?

Have it be in addition to damaging enemies or buffing allies.
>>
>>53860912
The issue with healing in combat, in 1pp is mostly just that the Cure X spells are FUCKING GARBAGE.

They do so fucking little that they can't work as anything more than a patch up.

It's not until Heal that it works.
>>
>>53860984

Even that is a waste of time if you can end the fight sooner.
>>
>>53860912
Upgrade healing to keep up with damage, probably reduce damage at later levels enough for even a wizard to eat two rounds of full attacks so things are less rocket tag, and make options that bypass HP to win fights (SoL stuff) take just as much effort as fighting. Then combat healing might matter.
>>
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice (Closing in 1 Days)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home (Closing in 3 Weeks)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west (Closing in 1 Week)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court (Closing in 2 Weeks)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71590/puella-librum-daemonium (Closing when Nut Milk Delivered)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia (Closing in 2 Weeks)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous (Closing in 3 Weeks)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80328/volo-fluffy-tails-9 (Closing in 4 Weeks)
>>
What group would form the strongest Bazketball team in Ensoulment
>>
Starfinder Stuff:

Get your copy of First Contact, courtesy of Reddit
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwsQBh5kjjpIdjdycXJOSUNIVFU/view

Starfinder News: http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljwd&page=3?Bringing-Out-the-Big-Guns-in-Starfinder#106

A summary for everyone else:

Longarm Weapons can end up dealing at least 7d8 base damage before any modifiers or enchantments. Melee weapons can reach a whopping 14d10 BEFORE bonuses, but good luck getting close.

Baked in damage boost tied to character level.

Lack of iteratives (which is alright with me given the above two points) makes chasing accuracy bonuses far less important

Finesse weapons are now "operative weapons" and the feat tax on them is gone.

Weapon enchantments, now called fusions, can be swapped between weapons freely.

The holy fusion overcomes energy resistance of some evil things

Weapon focus now applies broadly

Weapon levels sound really cool

Crits double all damage, and they are very emphatic on the "all" part

Soldiers are the only ones with inherent access to the full-Level-to-Damage boost weapons

Crits don't need confirmations anymore, but if you only hit on a nat 20 you don't get a crit

Inappropriately sized weapons inflict a -4 penalty to attack but don't change damage

Melee weapon handedness doesn't change the Strength bonus

Many weapons have crit riding effect, most common of which are burn, corrode, knockdown, deafen, staggered, bleed, and wound. There are a few others

Armor bonuses scale with equipment level, as does how long you can survive in a vacuum with that armor

There's a 12d10 slashing damage sword with 6d6 bleed on a crit and a 14d10 bludgeoning and fire hammer with knockdown on a crit as level 20 melee weapons

General assumption is that you can buy anything with an equipment level equaling Character Level +2
>>
Will Broodie change his Ensoulment app yet again?
Place your bets.
>>
>>53861144
at least a 20% chance
>>
>>53861012
Takashi as the star center
Alexander as the power forward
Derrin as the small forward
Witch as the shooting guard
Rinta as the point guard
Ceraphine as the coach who is getting too old for these young folk's shenanigans, damnit!
>>
Guys, help me out. I'm trying to remember an archetype, and I'm losing my mind here. The flavour was that you saw curses and magical inflictions as angry spirits, and you could try and negotiate with them to go away.

Am I wrong here? Do you guys know what I'm thinking of?
>>
>>53860912
>Does it make sense for Arcane and Divine magic to be split

Technically no

>for "Nature" magic to be divine?

I always kind of hated that. I actually kind of like 4e's splitting of "power sources" up for each class. If I had to redo power sources for Pathfinder, I'd split up power sources into Arcane, Primal, Divine, and Psychic. Take Ranger, Hunter, Druid, Shaman, and put them under the "Primal" label and have that be mechanically different from Divine.

>Why is healing almost exclusively in Divine Magic's purview anyway?

Wild guess? Jesus. He healed men, he was "divine" as the son of god, and generally "healing men" were viewed as being touched by some manner of divinity

>How do we make healing in combat more viable?

In Pathfinder, there's no difference between a character at 1/100 hp and one at 100/100 HP, but at 0 hp you're downed and start getting worse from there. In my opinion? Introduce grading of Hitpoints and penalties based on what % of HP you're at. At 100%? You're at optimal fighting ability. For every 25% you're under 100%, you take a penalty. Have some classes get benefits from being under 100%, have feats related to it, and make healing less about "not dying" and more "keep being topped up".

It might interact weirdly with stuff like Nonlethal and Burn, but that's another story for later.
>>
>>53861012
Who are the tallest apps?
>>
>>53861171
There's a few like that. Rivethun Spirit Channeler Medium and Animist Shaman.
>>
>>53861202
Alexander tops the list at 6'7. There's no need to mention anyone else.
>>
>>53861202
The only two I remember are Alexander at 6'7" and Jericho at 6'6"
>>
>>53861160
But Takashi says his preferred position is Small Forward!

Rinta as the point guard is perfect though.

>>53861219
Then Alexander is the Center, no question.
>>
>>53861095
>First contact is finally out
>None of the enemies seem all that cool to me
Did I fall off the hype train? Maybe this means I have to do a custom setting.
>>
>>53861229
its because they are just the enemies we have been hearing about, and thats the idea.
>>
>>53861229
THE important thing is that you tell us about your setting, Anon!
>>
File: kiss_me.jpg (185KB, 764x1024px) Image search: [Google]
kiss_me.jpg
185KB, 764x1024px
>>53861204
>animist
That's it, thanks! Oh, dude, you're a lifesaver.
>>
>>53861336
>Dog

You're welcome, and the picture is surprisingly appropriate :^)
>>
What could allow me to replace one of my limbs with a crossbow? Asking for a friend
>>
Still wondering why the fuck clerics are the worst priests
>>
>>53861395
Because you touch yourself at night
>>
>>53861395
Because a 'Cleric' isn't actually a priest, more accurately a Cleric acts like a Chaplin in battle, note that they can wear up to MEDIUM ARMOR as well as wield all sorts of weapons

Clerics generally wouldn't be a priest, but a Cloistered Cleric archetyped one might be.
>>
File: JUL0632221.jpg (51KB, 600x909px) Image search: [Google]
JUL0632221.jpg
51KB, 600x909px
>>53861376
I think the Wyrwood has an alternate racial that gives you a third arm to put a shield or weapon on it.
>>
>>53861144
God I just looked at his mystic Archetype

is the Noetic Mystic not like complete trash because it loses glyphs?
>>
>>53861376
Mechanical Element Kineticist for one
>>
>>53860912
New DM here.

I'm looking for examples of BBEG mantras or scripts they use to indoctrinate their followers. Preferably something not outright evil looking too.

Also any resources or source books I should look though for ideas?
>>
Have you ever... Spent like, hours and hours of time either hyping yourself up on a character concept or character itself, and when it came time to actually write them down you realize they've got an awesome backstory but terrible motivation for the campaign? And the more you think about it the more tenuous their connection becomes?
>>
>>53860912
>Why is healing almost exclusively in divine's magic purview anyway?
Game balance because of how flexible arcane magic is.

>How can we make healing in combat a viable tactic?
Contingency Heal on Mystic Theurge is viable already
>>
Can anybody lay out the reasons why I should make my nerdly scholar a Wizard vs a Sage Sorcerer?

And as I'm going Conjuration, how does Master Summoner stack up?

Campaign will eventually go Mythic but not until much later. Like level 15 of a starting at level 1 campaign later.
>>
>>53861620
What's their backstory, fampire?
>>
>>53861606
Yea but that's because campaign motivation is really hard to come up with. I always try to do better but personality and backstory are more interesting to me than motivation anyway.
>>
>>53861606
>Spend tons of time prepping for a campaign
>Realize that what I have is actually trash
>It's extremely dry
>I should have been preparing other things
I know the feeling.
>>
>>53861620
You mean reasons in term of game mechanics or for roleplaying?

Mythic sucks so I'm sorry to hear part that unless you've tried it and you like it.
>>
>>53861629
It's a Chinese warring states styled campaign. This PC is going to be a magical scholar that has spent their entire life buried in books learning history and researching magic and how to use it to improve the lives of the people while writing treatises and such from the seclusion of the massive libraries of the old capital.

Nothing elaborate developed yet but it's a homebrew setting and the GM is still expanding on it.
>>
>>53861673

You're probably overthinking. Keep the main plot simple, let the details stand out. It's the details that the PCs will be interacting with from minute to minute. You can never tell just what the players will latch onto, so just keep trying things.
>>
>>53861686
>part that
I'm getting incoherent
>>
>>53861229
None of them have enough special abilities, nor are they really interesting. And their offense is stunningly awful. The fucking blood brother is a CR 7 monster and it has to land every attack it makes on a 5th level soldier built by Paizo for 4 rounds to drop them.
>>
>>53861707
So what you're saying is, it's better to have a great backstory and a shitty motivation than an excellent motivation and a shitty backstory?
>>
>>53861686
It is what it is, we're a pretty set group and the most recent GM has gotten really into the idea of Mythic.

I wish it was better balanced, sure, but the combats in the last campaign with it were pretty fun. Nobody is really min-max playing however. I'm probably the most likely to focus on mechanics personally, and this is actually my first time to play a pure caster.
>>
>>53861707
I was. I think my problem was that I looked at adventure paths/prewritten adventures, and assumed, for some reason, that my material had to be on a similar level. Obviously I failed and burned out

So what I think the better approach is would be to work out NPC's and stuff, like you said, the things players will interact with.
>>
>>53861748

No... I thought you were prepping as the GM and was offering GM advice.

Keeping it simple still stands though. Getting sucked into a complicated narrative is a trap. Don't make the reader work for the story.
>>
>>53861771
Well the Wizard is widely regarded to be the stronger of the two options mechanically, but they're both overpowered so that's not saying much. I actually think the sorcerer is better levels 18+. Have you considered Archivist, though? It's interesting to me that you've narrowed it down to two of the three INT-based arcane casting classes.
>>
>>53861748
If it helps, that IS what I was saying.
>>
>>53861791
Can confirm. If you have a really good motivation that gets you hyped up, then you'll end up frustrated and left wanting when the GM decides to go do something else, like focus on a side arc instead of the main plot. Better to have a simple motivation so you don't get overly attached to the character and can take things at the GM's pace.
>>
File: 1473248990622.png (119KB, 342x298px)
1473248990622.png
119KB, 342x298px
>>53861891
>>53861892
Thanks, that's a real weight off my shoulders! I can't half-ass it, but now I don't have quite the panic as I did when I realized the string between Backstory and Session 0 can be a little frayed!
>>
I recently got an int +2 headband and a dex +2 belt, and the info i got says that they're considered temporary modifiers for the first 24 hours
does that mean that after one day of wearing it i permanently obtain the dex and int bonuses, or do i lose the bonuses when i stop wearing them?
>>
>>53861928
You lose them if you take it off.
>>
>>53861693
I like it, consider styling them like a taoist wizard who learned secrets of the universe.

Also consider watching that new movie about the taoist wizard
>>
>>53861875
Archivist as in the 3rd party or Archivist as in the Bard archetype?

I would have to make an extremely good case to get my GM to allow a 3rd party class. I really don't see it happening.

As far as the Bard arch goes, it feels pretty unimpressive? I think I'd rather go battlefield control mechanically or summoning and throwing out beasties.
>>
File: 1496802863465.png (667KB, 1280x1014px) Image search: [Google]
1496802863465.png
667KB, 1280x1014px
Any tips or tricks if I want to play a Tiny Bug Person whose found themselves with the need to Adventure and stop a great evil with a party of 'Umies and Pointy-Ears?
>>
>>53861955
My bad I meant Arcanist. I need to eat something...
>>
>>53861984
Well, first we need to know how you're going to pull that off.
>>
>>53861673
>>53861606
>>53861927
Out of my own experience and from what i've seen, i've realized that characters are not finished being created at chargen. I recently started with a Ubisoft Protagonist(tm) tier character, and it grew up to be one of my favorites despite their initial blandness, because I was able to make the character grow over time by forging relationships with the party members, slowly showing his backstory to the rest of the party, npc interactions, ambitions, decisions made in different circumstances... Even if it doesn't come out working out of the box, it'll come to you.
>>
>>53861606
I once offered to DM a short campaign for some friends. A few sessions of undead gladiatoral combat, and as you increase in renown and rank, you get perks and small bonuses, and eventually a choice to earn your freedom or get a full-time job fighting. Almost immediately, two of them wanted to be clerics or undead rangers, one of them talked me into playing a pre-nerf demon binder, so I had to fucking tolerate my zimbies and skeletons dealing with babaus and those stupid pig things he summoned five or six at a time, and the last asshole kept bringing in his friends to try playing for the first time.

You have no idea how infuriating it was to put up with one guy who spent more time shittalking about bitches than playing, another guy who was high and with, and I quote, "88 IQ", and a third faggot I am certain stole my wallet, and Almost my laptop.

The campaign fell apart after the fourth game when the friends decided to leap into the stands and start massacring the attendees.

I feel your pain, anon.
>>
>>53861927
>>53862039
Consider the following; your motivation for being there is only going to be relevant for maybe... Oh, I don't know, 2-3 sessions? After that the main plot should be motivation enough to continue.

You don't need an elaborate backstory explaining your deep-seated disgust of goblins to be a goblin slayer in RotRL, for example.
>>
>>53862039
Then why do so many /pgg/ campaigns insist on characters fully-formed out of the gate?
>>
>>53862070
this as well
my backstory was just "i was a noble who studied magic and martial combat because my dad was rich but then kicked me out of the family because he's a dick and blamed his issues on me" but none of that affects the fact that the world is literally going to fall, and preventing that is motivation enough regardless of what the character is
>>
>>53862006
I was just thinking of refluffing a Pixie as a Beetle. Say that his Bug City is just as endangered as the Human ones if the Big Bad Evil washes over the world.
>>
>>53862120
>>53861984
Try sprite instead
>>
>>53862095
>but none of that affects the fact that the world is literally going to fall, and preventing that is motivation enough regardless of what the character is

Hell, I'd argue that gives you a leg up compared to the people who built their entire character around being a Hero. A piece of shit NEET getting thrown out and forced into a whirlwind of heroics can play off their shortcomings and flaws in roleplay or the plot itself, while the Hero that has been preparing for this moment since the day he came out of the womb... Won't, really.
>>
>>53862143
Cool, thanks.
>>
>>53861992
So why bother with an arcanist instead of a Wizard or Sage Sorc?
>>
>>53861941
>You must wear your headband for 24 hours and never take it off!

That's retarded.
>>
>>53862091
It's a filter, I guess? Think about it this way- When you go to apply for a job, you give them your resume, which shows them everything about you.

In essence, it's like a character resume. Online apps look more promising when the GM has some kinda idea what you want, so that they don't have a million "Here's my build, I'll tell you about the character later". Which is also why I can't apply to /pgg/ games, because I can write a backstory, but I can't do a personality before the game.
>>
Any /pgg/ games recruiting that a farm boy summoner with a scarecrow monster could fit in?
>>
>>53862091
So people know what they're in for with a character concept.

A Vigilante on their own might sound fine, but imagine the situation that will arise when that Vigilante drops an, "I was raped so I became what I am" bomb on the party. That could and would be avoided if the Vigilante had to write a whole backstory.
>>
>>53862319
Fluffy Tales 9!
>>
>>53861540
What sort of badguy are you looking to make? It'll make it easier to come up with some kind of literiture they could pass out that convinces people to join them.
>>
>>53862340
that sounds like the literal opposite kind of game it would fit in
>>
>>53862319
Ensoulment and Journey to the West, maybe?
>>
>>53862319
How good is he at bazketball?
>>
File: 1272814448733.png (47KB, 196x228px) Image search: [Google]
1272814448733.png
47KB, 196x228px
>>53861984
>the one on the right
>>
>>53862432
>You will never fuck Ant from behind while Wasp watches
>>
>>53862431
the scarecrow is eventually gonna fly so pretty sweet at dunking
>>
>>53862295
It works this way to prevent certain exploits. This game has a lot of tedious rules like that but that's why it's my favorite system.
>>
>>53862447
FLYING IS AGAINST THE RULES
>>
>>53862460
Then refluff it as "jump good."
>>
>>53862460
Oh yeah, then why is "I Believe I can Fly" the theme of Space Jam?
>>
>>53862460
FINE ITS LARGE AND HAS REACH SO THERE
>>
>>53862483
Flying and JUMPING really well aren't the same thing, gosh.

you can't just like, hover above the court, thats clearly illegal.

>>53862489
AN EXCELLENT CENTER THEN.
>>
File: cesar-rizo-cr-corpus-gas-city-04.jpg (536KB, 1920x1670px) Image search: [Google]
cesar-rizo-cr-corpus-gas-city-04.jpg
536KB, 1920x1670px
>>53861327

Not the anon you were responding to but as a newbie GM I'm waiting for Starfinder and now I have a good idea for a campaign I'd like to run that I'm piecing together now.

I won't give anything away but it'll involve 3 evil sorts who awake to the new world that is the Starfinder setting and are having fun doing what they always do which is to cause death and destruction and tricking hapless mortals into doing the horrible things they can imagine because it's funny for them. That and making grissly trophies from the victims of their macinations.

Once the rules for monsters come out i'll be able to hodge podg some kind of stats for them but otherwise to help learn the system I think I'll go with some kind of Arcade style of play that is meta to get people acquainted with Starfinder.
>>
>>53862527
point to me in the rule book where it says you cant fly, how do you think airbud became a nba star
>>
>>53862543
Bazketball has much more stringent rules than Basketball due to meddling wizards.
>>
File: there's no limit.gif (2MB, 330x275px) Image search: [Google]
there's no limit.gif
2MB, 330x275px
>been wanting to get more info on the Qlippoth and the Qlippoth Lords for years now
>pick up Bestiary 6
>it's all there
YES
YES
YES
>>
File: 1443302746324.gif (1MB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1443302746324.gif
1MB, 500x350px
>>53862575
>mfw it includes every Infernal Duke, Major Demon and Empyreal Lord

Extremely high-powered romp through the planes when?
>>
>>53862588
>>53862575
>you can literally make a campaign that's basically just God of War
>>
File: 1337026210728.jpg (60KB, 540x531px) Image search: [Google]
1337026210728.jpg
60KB, 540x531px
>>53862608
>mfw the party is effectively Aldrich, slaughtering nascent gods and consuming their spark of divinity

What would this campaign even start at?
>>
>>53862653
killing Pharasma through freak chance
>>
>>53862653
Lvl 16, Gestalt, 40 PB, 10 million GP starting wealth.
>>
>>53862210
I'm not necessarily recommending it. I just meant that I think it should be part of the conversation, since if you are debating between two classes, considering the hybrid of those two classes is intuitive. It combines the potential with overnight prep of a Wizard with the flexible spam of a Sorcerer.

I think the biggest thing to consider is the 3 methods of learning and casting spells that the 3 classes offer and decide which one you'd want to play that way. Consider if you want to have to be able to apply metamagic on the fly.

The Arcanist can choose an ability that allows them to counterspell as an immediate action, which is really useful.

The Wizard is the "best class," but I don't see a point in choosing a Tier 1 class over a Tier 2 class for mechanical reasons, nor vice versa.
>>
File: 1389179134729.png (493KB, 727x1038px) Image search: [Google]
1389179134729.png
493KB, 727x1038px
>>53862676
I WANT THIS.

I WANT THIS NOW. GIMME GIMME.
>>
>>53862708
No you don't. The last game that had that was a bamboozle!

A BAMBOOZLE!
>>
Why do Red Mantis Assassins look like evil Kamen Riders?
>>
>>53862732
That was a silly game built for silly people! It was ANIME and ANIME deserves to bamboozle!

This is serious God of War end-game shenanigans for men with hair on their chest!
>>
>>53862746

There's only so many variations on a bug-themed mask.

Now I'm not a speciesist, some of my best friends are Thriae, but most bugs all look the same.
>>
File: Hjalti Early-Troll.png (47KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Hjalti Early-Troll.png
47KB, 640x400px
>>53862676
>By Tuvarkz
>>
>>53862764
Wow. Racist!
>>
>>53862764
Yeah, they got those black soulless eyes filled with cold unthinking murder.

DAY OF THE SPRAY WHEN.
>>
>>53862778
aaand dropped
>>
File: 1437429279597.jpg (97KB, 520x600px) Image search: [Google]
1437429279597.jpg
97KB, 520x600px
>>53862676
>>53862778
>No Mythic

We are becoming as gods, and no Mythic?
>>
>>53862805
Mythic is a shit system.I'd personally rather convert the divine rank system than deal with mythic wank
>>
>>53862676

> not mythic with free leadership feats and vmc for a third class

Literally unplayable.
>>
File: 1451176383187.gif (161KB, 480x480px)
1451176383187.gif
161KB, 480x480px
>>53862676
>Lvl 16, Gestalt, 40 PB, 10 million GP starting wealth
>Mythic 7

>Only 2 players
>>
>>53862676
With 10 million GP, how many colossal adamantine katanas can be bought?
>>
File: 1454186969297.jpg (51KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
1454186969297.jpg
51KB, 520x390px
>>53862805
>Mythic
>>
>>53862829
>2 players
>1 DMs
>Your DM is 2hu
>>
>>53862831
You misspelled Nodachi, fellow ladyknight.
>>
>>53862676
>not 6 million GP and 2 major artifacts
>>
>>53862866
Yes, I suppose so. So how many colossal adamantine nodachis can 10 million GP buy?
>>
>>53862588
>>53862608
>thinking people actually play at those levels
>thinking the game even works at those levels
I see you've never played Pathfinder.
>>
File: Order of the Godclaw.jpg (24KB, 361x250px) Image search: [Google]
Order of the Godclaw.jpg
24KB, 361x250px
>>
>>53862916
I've played Pathfinder long enough to know that those levels are actually serviceable.

I've also played Pathfinder long enough to know that I've tasted the fruit of low levels so much that I yearn to suck on the nectar of higher levels, even if it's sour.
>>
File: Absolutely Corrupting.png (2MB, 938x703px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Corrupting.png
2MB, 938x703px
>>53862922
>The current Lictor of the Godclaw is secretly a Werecrab
>>
>>53862575
it's weird how all the qlippoth lords look really really huggable and cute
>>
>>53863013
Prove it
>>
>>53861620
Let me know if you decide tonight.
>>
File: slug.png (516KB, 481x579px) Image search: [Google]
slug.png
516KB, 481x579px
>>53863047
look at this cute little slug boy
>>
So what do we think of Divergent Paths: Mystic so far?

Honestly a lot of this looks poor to me, the Noetic Mystic in particular i think gives up too much by losing glyphs entirely. The arcane missiles based one is kinda cool though.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UT9E5bRAJkCSU2lznL0Wddy4nDV25sW4ilM8lr1NMb8/edit?usp=sharing

What do you think?
>>
>>53863071
I want to kill him and eat his divinity!
>>
>>53863052
Uh, alright.

I've pretty much decided to go the Wizard route. Conjuration with the Teleportation focus.

To be honest all of them have a lot of merit, but Master Summoner is Cha focused and won't have the knowledge skills I want for roleplay purposes, the Arcanist flair doesn't really fit what I want, and Sage... Well, it's still in the running to be honest, I just haven't quite figured out if it has enough merits to replace Wizard. The Sorc base lacks most of the Knowledges, however, so that's a pretty big mark against it.

So like >>53861942 said, I'm going to go for a Taoist type wizard spreading enlightenment.
>>
>>53861942
Which new movie?
>>
>>53863160
Cars 3
>>
>>53862797
guys check the discord, broodie said it's okay to like Tuvarkz again
>>
>>53863179
>Broodie
>main discord

Your lies are dumb and weak and nobody respects you.
>>
Since Starfinder is going to have a 10 minute stamina system, will we be expecting more per encounter abilities?
>>
>>53863179
I don't care about Broodie unless he's making waifus
>>
>>53863160
There is two. Not really new but good. Jean Woo Chi the one I was thinking of.
>>
>>53863201
Look I've got a new goal, its /y/fus now from me, unless i break down again.

Why anyone would care about my opinion on Tuvarkz is beyond me. I'm just a shitposter mang.
>>
>>53863200
Most likely, since it'll be a good way to stress players by constantly throwing skill checks at them without worrying about killing them. Expect more car chases and back alley police escaping than you are used to.

Remember that firearm magazines take 8 hours to charge, though
>>
>>53863200
>>53863245
You can carry more than one battery though.
>>
File: 4326457465.jpg (212KB, 500x842px) Image search: [Google]
4326457465.jpg
212KB, 500x842px
>>53860984
>>53860993
b-but what if you like healing and you don't mind if that's a full action

I don't mind casting bless and guide and stuff like that so everyone else gets to do all the fancy stuff

We're a team after all!
>>
>>53863273
Based on what we saw last thread, some people won't be able to comprehend that.

There will also be some people who can't understand why the team gets mad at them for not even packing a single pistol.
>>
>>53863286
Go play Zenyatta and get some real skill, Mercy main.
>>
File: 1494891306983.jpg (444KB, 2073x852px) Image search: [Google]
1494891306983.jpg
444KB, 2073x852px
>>53863286
healsluts are cumdumps
>>
>>53863326
YOU DO NOT FUCK YOUR NURSE.

THAT IS IMPROPER BEDSIDE BEHAVIOR.

At most you'll get a tug.
>>
>>53863293
When fantasy players go sci fi it's almost always ugly.
I remember our group playing traveller due to DM rotation and the guy who plays Barbarian all game just packed one melee weapon. ONE FUCKING MELEE WEAPON
>>
>>53863207
Do you know what the other is called as well please?
>>
>>53863286
I like you. I want you on my team.
>>
>>53863343
Iceman was pretty god
>>
File: 1484530452340.jpg (156KB, 1068x1600px)
1484530452340.jpg
156KB, 1068x1600px
>>53863336
>3
>TFW want to be a swole as fuck Soldier and join the other swole dude/girl to show the parties healer how well they take of our muscles.
>>
File: 435345654.png (1MB, 900x1778px) Image search: [Google]
435345654.png
1MB, 900x1778px
>>53863326
Nope, I'm loyal and monogamous

>>53863309
I played the old pvp fps games so OW and all of the characters are easy for me and I'm relatively high ranked.
Mercy is my most played because I like her as a character and her style.
But we digress.
>>
would you a qt girl with a Vermlek inside her?
>>
Can I use spellstrike on a throwable melee weapon and throw it for the same effect of a melee attack, or do I need to make a melee attack to discharge spellstrike?

Can I, for example, charge a dagger with shocking grasp and throw said dagger at someone, effectively dealing 1d4+Shocking Grasp damage?
>>
>>53863448
No. God no. One of them would slither up inside my dick.
>>
>>53863338
I can't stop laughing.

That's probably what you are going to see a lot of in Starfinder. People packing only one weapon because they want to leave the rest of the space for loot, or dudes who try to rush a team of actual Navy SEAL Seals
>>
>>53863448
More importantly, if you fuck your waifu while she's possessed by a Shadow Demon, and she wants it but the demon doesn't, is it rape?
>>
>>53863426

>A party of large, burly soldiers who flex constantly and one ysoki healer put in charge of treating them

Actually sounds pretty funny.
>>
>>53863448
>qt
>girl
>vermlek
But that's not a girl, anon, that's a corpse
>>
>>53863502
doesn't matter, since the opinion of a demon is worthless.
>>
>>53863502
You're not raping the waifu, you're raping the Shadow Demon.

However, no laws exist concerning the well-being of Demons, as they are inherently chaotic beings, so in this situation Might makes Right and if you can fuck a Shadow Demon than you're allowed to fuck a Shadow Demon.
>>
>>53863519
>>53863524
I'm guessing the Succubus Labor Union never got much for that initiative to institute laws against sexual exploitation, did they

excellent
>>
File: 1484699963324.jpg (143KB, 606x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484699963324.jpg
143KB, 606x800px
>>53863515

I'd totally be a Swole Soldier and Let the ysokai ride around on my shoulders
>>
>>53863577
>>53863515
>>53863426

Meatbag Soldier and brain-in-a-jar Merc adventures WHEN?!
>>
>>53863519
I like to find the proper name of a succubus, use Planar Binding to force them to gift my character her boon, and have Contingency Teleport my character to her location when the spell ends so I can incapacitate/kill her before she gets to act and remove it in the surprise round. The ability persists after the succubus is killed.
>>
File: 1484629244723.jpg (49KB, 541x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484629244723.jpg
49KB, 541x800px
>>53863588

I plan on buying the book so I might pre-order it I'm having way too much fun thinking of cool stuff to do with it.
>>
>>53863448
>A girl with a 7-foot, 90 pound snake inside of her
>qt
Yeah, nah, because she'd probably look fat as hell not plump or thicc and the requirement for becoming a host is being dead.
>>
>>53863119
ErrantX isn't a good designer.

Noetic feels like wilder mechanics stapled onto Mystic without proper consideration of how animus differs from pp in abundancy and value.

Shade Caller is the main interesting archetype and I still don't know where I stand on free Animate Dead almost at will.

The playtest is interesting ideas done badly.
>>
>>53863627
Damn straight Anon,
there's only room for one 7-foot, 90 pound snake inside her.
>>
>>53863627
It wouldn't look fat either. Don't lump us in with those inflation degenerates!
>>
File: 1460896468746.png (661KB, 650x920px) Image search: [Google]
1460896468746.png
661KB, 650x920px
Underrated monsters?
>>
File: 1481212199087.jpg (49KB, 564x886px) Image search: [Google]
1481212199087.jpg
49KB, 564x886px
>>53863737
Humans.

Everyone here is always so eager to use whacky niche creatures and weirdo beasts that they're forgetting a simple Human can have endless variation in class, personality and motivation.
>>
>>53863758
This is actually true. Not just humans, though - GMs overall are bad at using "enemy people" instead of "enemy monsters".
>>
>>53863758
0/10
I see those every day. Gimmie something more exotic
>>
File: Untitled.png (3KB, 215x215px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3KB, 215x215px
How often do you guys use sprites in your games?
>>
>>53863758
I always go human. I see my self as an average Joe about to brave the world full of monsters that can kill me six ways from sunday.
>>
>>53863737

Trolls.

Actually make use of the fact that they're good at teamwork and putting the bastards down can be a lot more effort than many parties bargained for.

And I've found one of the most satisfying "oh, shit" moments when I was GMing for my party was when they went up against a troll barbarian from the Monster Codex who took a scorching ray to the face and kept regenerating.
>>
We just fought the legendary TPK Crab. Cant see what the big deal is.
>>
Does anyone have a pdf of 1001 spells?
>>
>>53863823
Once a crab fell from a tree and crushed the witch's skull in one mighty crit
>>
>>53863787
Every time. Also nice sprite, friendo. Saved
>>
>>53863644
Noetic also suffers from serious stat problems

Out of all of its initial disciplines, it requires Int for its strongest, Wis for three others, and Dex and Cha for the last two, realistically with the limited skill points of the Mystic, this puts it in an awful position statwise, making it very MAD.

In particular it being difficult to make significant use of Sleeping Goddess with its Autohyponsis is very frustrating for the archetype. Perhaps it should make Autohypnosis CHA based or something.

In addition, I do not understand why It doesn't get the Awakened Animus feat for free, or something similar, rather than messily relying on having a Psionics power pool and an Animus power pool that don't interact in any way.

I'm just not sure what the Noetic mystic is supposed to do in its current state, I like the idea of a 'Wilder Mystic', since the Mystic is described as being sort of a sorcerer in the first place and the Wilder is a psionic counterpart, but this just doesn't quite work. Animus as a regenerating resource rather than a daily one as compared to Psionics makes the OH GET MORE FREE ANIMUS feel shockingly weak.

aaaaaaaaaah I'm so frustrated by this.
>>
>>53863823
FINAL BOSS
FINAL BOSS
FINAL BOSS
>>
>>53863823
Could it be the fact you're playing overleveled gestalts with 3pp allowed? No certainly not
>>
>>53863881

I mean. only one of us died. That's hardly a TPK
>>
>>53863887
Nobody believes your lies Seagle.
>>
File: 1496985683468.png (33KB, 513x402px) Image search: [Google]
1496985683468.png
33KB, 513x402px
>>53863823
what exactly is a legendary tpk crab?
>>
File: casimir.aldori.drawthread.png (4MB, 3508x4961px) Image search: [Google]
casimir.aldori.drawthread.png
4MB, 3508x4961px
Happy Father's Day to all the good and caring daddies out there!
>>
File: crab-knife-466073.jpg (21KB, 590x400px) Image search: [Google]
crab-knife-466073.jpg
21KB, 590x400px
>>53863912
>>
>>53863903

Its late, and tired. But yeah, 450 pounds of crab to fry up after Act 1 finishes next session.... hopefully
>>
>>53863912
The final boss of Rise of the Runelords, book 1

THE CRAB BATTLE.
>>
>>53863926

>Mess with the crabs you get the stabs
>>
>>53863588
Don't forget GOOD AND CARING DADDY
>>
>>53863887
I'm surprised you didn't try another "omg we TPK'd guys ;_;"
>>
>>53863935

To be completly fair. The only reason Onryou is alive is because of a potion of Mage armor. That thing is a KILLER
>>
>>53863978
>he thinks thats the killer

See you next week for the real Onryou death post.
>>
What were the stats on those elven weapons they released recently? 1d6 18-20 x2 light blades or something?
>>
>>53863627
>implying being fat isn't hot
>implying being dead and possessed isn't hot
>>
>>53864031
No, you sick fuck.
>>
>>53863962
>Implying brain-in-a-jar doesn't have a few kids from before the accident
>Implying he doesn't keep them on the ship
>>
File: 1490893497957.jpg (764KB, 1920x1358px) Image search: [Google]
1490893497957.jpg
764KB, 1920x1358px
How do you guys think the various cultures from golarion will fit into Absalom Station? If the station is as big as it seems to be would it make sense for large parts of the city to be culture proxies? Little Tian town? Maybe be a bit like Ravnica where there are huge forest/parks and what not?
>>
File: 1494720496896.png (60KB, 352x290px) Image search: [Google]
1494720496896.png
60KB, 352x290px
>>53864031
>>
>>53864037
Yes, you boring normie.
>>
>>53864018
I thought it was something even more shitty, like 1d4.

>>53863913
All the good and caring daddies are dead!
>>
>>53864043
It's the future as envisioned by Bioware, which means everyone is some shade of brown (unless you're an EVIL Chelaxian) while the Tien are still Asiatic because shut up we need that market.
>>
>>53863989

>crab that can do more than twice ONryou's health in a single attack.

Yeah that's what i consider a killer.
>>
>>53864087
SEE
YOU
NEXT
WEEK
FOR
THE
REAL
DEATH
>>53863865
Thanks, any feedback for it? I'm pretty new at this.
>>
>>53864031
Dude, not even most of /d/ will agree with you.
>>
>>53864052
>not wanting to fuck corpses is being a boring normie
Someone call /pol/
>>
File: 7a2757feea2779299ed7e594f65d1bd9.jpg (408KB, 800x1128px) Image search: [Google]
7a2757feea2779299ed7e594f65d1bd9.jpg
408KB, 800x1128px
>>53864059

But they will live on in our hearts. And possibly strange visions while flying out of exploding villain lairs.
>>
File: 1487888851005.jpg (556KB, 1920x1179px) Image search: [Google]
1487888851005.jpg
556KB, 1920x1179px
>>53864075

Ugh, please don't. I mean, if racial purity is your thing I'm sure there's enough magic genetic bullshit to accommodate you.
>>
>>53864099
I don't exactly have a discerning eye for this, but it looks like she's only wearing one shoe, and the top of the staff seems to blend in with the hat a little. It's a really good sprite though
>>
>>53864113
>Ugh, please don't. I mean, if racemixing is your thing I'm sure there's enough hybrid bullshit to accommodate you.
>>
File: Peppnamco.jpg (106KB, 841x580px)
Peppnamco.jpg
106KB, 841x580px
>>53864111

What' about team dads?
>>
>>53864113
But you asked how Paizo is going to do different cultures on Absalom Station, and I'm saying it's going to be about as heterogenous as a walk through New York City or downtown London.
>>
>>53864128
I took it from the female bishop sprite of GBA Fire Emblem. The shoe thing is actually unchanged on my part. I see what you mean by the staff thing
>>
>>53864043
Assumingly thats the idea. There is also supposed to be sections so crowded it looks like those big kongkong neighborhoods where the houses are stacked on houses
>>
>>53864145
The future is brown and female, get over it.
>>
>>53864180
The future is black and burnt to ashes, anon.
>>
File: Natasha sprite map.gif (11KB, 500x190px) Image search: [Google]
Natasha sprite map.gif
11KB, 500x190px
>>53864171
Using Natasha as a reference, I think the issue is that the darker colors in your sprite's palette hide that the left foot is in a shadow, while Natasha's lighter colors make it more obvious
>>
File: 1496322989556.jpg (818KB, 1500x638px) Image search: [Google]
1496322989556.jpg
818KB, 1500x638px
>>53864145
Jokes on you, that is my fetish!

>>53864154
I suppose what I mean is how parts of Absalom station are carved up. So far all we know is there is a upper crust area for typical douchebag rich people and then you have the slums. Assuming something like >>53864179
could we also expect to see something like an area inspired by Andoran? I imagine only a few of the big cultures would probably survive the GAP in some way shape or form.
>>
>>53864145

I feel like having an issue with white, brown, black, and yellow mixing in a setting where half-elves, half-orcs, and half-DRAGONS are relatively common says more about you than the writers, anon.
>>
>>53864204
That's a good point, should I just make them both dark then? And with the staff, should the border be darker?
>>
>>53864206
That sounds so boring, why are you even asking how Absalom Station will be when literally every major city hub in existence has the "rich parts" and "poor parts?"
>>
>>53864219
Never said it was humans only. After all, in this setting, there is no such thing as "species" when it comes to humanoids.
>>
>>53864228
Yeah, I think that would work
>>
>>53864219
But then I can't play a white guy, because white people can't exist in a future where everyone's intermixed.
>>
>>53864251
implying there wont be space mormon colonies like in starship troopers
>>
>>53864251
Of course, nobody will ever outright admit this and actually state "white people don't exist in Starfinder because multiculturalism is such a hoot :^)", because then the jig would be up.
>>
File: 1493859245702.jpg (403KB, 1280x584px) Image search: [Google]
1493859245702.jpg
403KB, 1280x584px
>>53864232

That's how every city is? I mean, as far as putting emphasis on it thats up to you I guess but I'm just trying to speculate because it helps me with my own world building goals for the setting.
>>
>>53863913
>Mother's Day
>YouTube has a Mother's Day Special

>Father's Day
>YouTube does nothing

What did they mean by this?
>>
When Starfinder comes out I won't even play as a human. I'm going straight for a cute Contemplative girl.
>>
>>53858076
>keeping power levels in check
>they'll literally never be able to escape the cock
>>
File: 512px-Tedmcpain.png (241KB, 512x506px) Image search: [Google]
512px-Tedmcpain.png
241KB, 512x506px
>>53864251

What, you don't want to be pic related?
>>
>>53864276
Have they even shown a single white guy in Starfinder art?
>>
>>53864317
Anon, I don't understand.

It's a game where they literally signed up, knowing full well, to lose fights and get used by monsters. That's half the point of the game.

Why do you keep acting like this is some problem with the game?
>>
>>53864352
Mostly because its not a 'game', Vult just sends unwinnable fights whenever he wants to fuck

I mean its fine if they're enjoying it, but pretending its Pathfinder is just hilarious
>>
File: Tw3_Olgierd_full_render.png (2MB, 1024x1723px) Image search: [Google]
Tw3_Olgierd_full_render.png
2MB, 1024x1723px
What goes with "Caravan" for a free Cossack company ?
>>
File: tumblr_o8e6auRvyv1qiuf2po1_1280.jpg (64KB, 672x718px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8e6auRvyv1qiuf2po1_1280.jpg
64KB, 672x718px
>>53864153

Shirts and coffee mugs.
>>
>>53864291
ok, i know this is supposed to be San Francisco, but what is the art from?
>>
>>53864384

>Evil team dad

Somebody has to keep their rebellious daughter in check!
>>
>>53864366
But that's wrong on several levels.

Not only have they repeatedly beaten encounters that Vult was trying to fuck them with, but half the time the lewd is a result of party decisions, specifically the party getting split up. And even if they do 'lose', it's the dice that decide who went down and who got captured.

They killed a literal tentacle monster like a dog. They've splattered altish thugs and murdered nightwalkers. They go on quests and try to rescue people and do good and collect bounties.

You're just shit posting.
>>
>>53863502
If the demon doesn't want it, she can just abandon the body. You could exorcise the demon with rape-threats. On the other hand, shadow demons don't get to feel things often, they might like the rape just to break up the monotony of not having bodies to experience things with?
>>
File: 1490893933901.jpg (134KB, 1000x489px) Image search: [Google]
1490893933901.jpg
134KB, 1000x489px
>>53864428

I just don't know anon. Just random landscapes I get from 4chin.
>>
>>53863615
How are you teleporting across dimensions instead of Plane Shifting?
>>
>>53863697
The description says they will look grotesquely fat, actually.
>>
Considering that different players have different preferences, likes, and dislikes when it comes to tabletop RPGs, would there be any merit to having players create F-List-style profiles for themselves as players? There would be "fave," "yes," "maybe," or "no" columns for what they would like to see out of a campaign and from the GM.

Presumably, a GM would have a similar, but separate sheet for themselves, with "fave," "yes," "maybe," or "no" columns that show what they would like to employ in the campaign.

Would comparing such sheets be a good idea for helping align expectations in a group?
>>
>>53864370
I don't know what you're asking here.
>>
>>53863790
I'm planning on using one of those trolls in a game soon, once the PC who thinks he can just conquer all the trolls with an acid sword gets the balls to follow through on the boasts. Excellent tastes.
>>
>>53864458
damn, cuz that's the Transamerica Building in the midground. that pyramidesque one just to the right of the main road.
>>
>>53864481
Would it literally be the fetish preferences of the group, or things like "encounters with a thief guild," "starting in a tavern," or "making deals with dragons"? I can see the second option potentially getting unusual ideas from quieter players that might be fun for everyone.
>>
>>53864251
>White people are a FUCK Ng thing
>>
>>53862675
You can't. She isn't weak enough.
>>
>>53864553
I think he means the F-list format but campaign tropes and themes rather then lewd shit. Which might be a good idea actually.
Fund that shit, >>53864481
>>
>>53864338
does it matter?
>>
>>53864581
I agree, if it's about campaign tropes and themes, it'd be great! Though a few fill-in categories might be good if they have notions that don't match all the choices.
>>
>>53864590
Not very diverse of them if there's no white men.
>>
If I have the Caregiver trait and make a scroll of cure light wounds, does the trait's bonus healing affect the scroll? Or only when I (Or someone else with Caregiver) uses it?
>>
>>53864603
Sorry, Blessed touch, not caregiver.
>>
>>53864599
no white men.

that leaves black men, latino men, asian men, arabian men, indian men, pacific islander men, aboriginal men and native american men. and then all their female counterparts + white women, since we're ONLY eliminating white men.

idunno, seems PRETTY DAMN DIVERSE if you ask me.
>>
>>53864599
>>53864641
>humans
>ever
Found your problem.
>>
>>53864641
But it would be even more diverse with more white men.

Its more diversity better?
>>
File: Blue_tea.jpg (966KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Blue_tea.jpg
966KB, 1600x1067px
>>53864648
>>
>>53864590
If 99% of the people playing a game are gonna be white men then yeah, there should be white men in it.
>>
File: boi.jpg (14KB, 245x300px)
boi.jpg
14KB, 245x300px
>>53864686
*sigh*
it's a ROLE-PLAYING game.
get out of your comfort zone and use your imagination for once.
>>
>>53864581
>>53864591

This is correct. It would cover primarily campaign themes, gimmicks, and general GMing conventions.

A player who really, really enjoys epic-scale, global/multiversal-level plotlines might note down as much in the "fave" column. Conversely, a player who is not a fan of investigative mysteries in RPGs might put that down in the "no" column.
>>
>>53864700
>Implying that everyone complaining is, themselves, a white male
>>
I've been away for awhile because I had E3 and FFXIV to shitpost about. What's new and uncool today?
>>
>>53864731
touche. i concede on the fact that I do not know everyone's ethnic heritage. nor do i want to.

idea for getting out of your comfort zone and RPing something other than a white male still stands.
>>
>>53864489

A nickname for a free company.
>>
File: 1480903335339.png (56KB, 166x205px)
1480903335339.png
56KB, 166x205px
>>53864743
>FFXIV to shitpost about
EVEN HERE I CANNOT BE FREE OF RAUBAHN,
>>
File: the gnoll dilemma.png (309KB, 506x632px) Image search: [Google]
the gnoll dilemma.png
309KB, 506x632px
ebin
>>
>>53864750
Уccypи́йcкoe кaзáчьe вóйcкo
>>
>>53864792
Not until the Baron sends Feyd-Rautha to "free" you from him, anyway. Oh wait, Raubahn, not Rabban.
>>
>people applying real world enthnicities/races/nationalities to fantasy people's
>people applying real world races/enthnicities/nationalities to nonhumans
You all need to to kill yourselves
>>
File: Happy Fathers Day.png (279KB, 1031x795px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Fathers Day.png
279KB, 1031x795px
>>53863913
Happy Father's Day
>>
>>53864938
no, but i understand the spirit of your intention, to not take it as seriously as we have been.

i shall, provided you stop telling people to kill themselves as that isn't useful in any way. you can't -learn- from a mistake if you're dead.
>>
>>53864972
I don't want them to learn I want them to leave the hobby.
>>
>>53864971
Is Elsbeth a father now!?
>>
>>53865028
then simply refuse to play with them and begin looking for other people.

even that's more productive than telling them to die.
>>
>>53864700
>*sigh*
>actually being this much 9gag
Then we should make sure to have everyone play something they're as uncomfortable with as possible. All-dretch campaign when? And of course the Abyss won, so while there's no whites there's no blacks, no reds, no yellows, or browns either. Not even greenskins or gnolls survived! All that's left is demons. ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE YET :^)
>>
>>53865035
>Only demons
>No reds

Anon are you okay? Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>53865032
I want Elsbeth to make me a father
>>
>>53863774
It's mostly the prep time involved, I think. If you haven't been playing for years it can take a really long time to generate a classed NPC, it's way easier to pick a ready to eat monster out of the book and go.
>>
>>53863286
I actually like being a healslut.

I don't know why, but I've always enjoyed being a massive force amplifier and supporter for my team and my bread and butter is utility. I'm basically a toolbox and a medkit.
>>
>Cabal going absolutely apeshit on whether or not drugs are the antichrist or whatever

I want off this wild ride
>>
>>53865440
Public Discord posting is bad enough. Keep your cabal shit away from us full anons.
>>
>>53865466
They're actually talking about the public discord, not the cabal discord

Because the cabal discord tries a lot less to air their shit in public
>>
>>53865466
You're all just jealous you don't get any of our drink recipes
>>
I just noticed that Ensoulment is almost completely DEVOID of ranged combat specialists

Seriously, when you look at it, there's only like... Three

Broodie's B-baller

A normie with a strix archer

And a normie with an Eldritch Archer Magus

What the fuck.
>>
>>53865657
So... Ensoulment confirmed going to the SPACE JAM?
>>
>>53865032
Elsbeth doesn't have a dad
>>
>>53865657
What about Itsuko? She shoots guns...
>>
>>53865737
For some reason she slipped past my awareness, but yeah, Itsuko makes it four!

F O U R
>>
>>53865505
What's the Cabal discord? How's it different to normal discord?
>>
File: Sins of the Father.png (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Sins of the Father.png
1MB, 1280x1024px
I asked this in another thread, but it doesn't hurt to look for more input.

What do people think of a Child Soldiers campaign showcasing lighthearted camaraderie and horrors of war with mild sci-fi and high fantasy mixed in?

I've been wanting to run a war-based setting but too many people like making grizzled war veteran Daddies lately and I liked the concept of starting with no backstory and building from there.
>>
>>53865748
Cabal discord is invite only.
>>
>>53865756
Sooooo edggyyy
>>
>>53865756

I think it could certainly fit in something like Starfinder. Some far off place away from the Pact Worlds where two groups are at war with each other and don't seem to mind fielding children. I would play in such a game.
>>
>>53865756
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PUOQ6QdTpM
>>
>>53865815
FUCK I WAS GONNA POST THAT

Its too bad this show was complete garbage because its first OP is so good
>>
>>53864747
You're missing the point, what if a black guy wants to play as a viking and not a vikang or an arab wants to play as the crusader fighting against Saladin?
>>
>>53865767
>invites-only discord
W E W the autism in this thread when it comes to pulling esoteric discord BS into it. People really need to fuck off back to plebbit.
>>
>>53865882
Which is why I said it wasn't from the invite only discord, it was from the public one
>>
File: gLQho9Z[1].jpg (283KB, 1242x1716px) Image search: [Google]
gLQho9Z[1].jpg
283KB, 1242x1716px
>>53864219
>A guy came up to me and said, "Why are you still so fat?"
>HE said, "I just don't believe it. You're not eating anything. You're trekking across landscapes. You should be losing weight."
>I said "This is a fantasy show. We've got fire-breathing dragons and a woman giving birth to a cloud. Why is me still being fat that you don't buy?"

You are the cancer of the world.
>>
>>53865906
Yeah, and it's just two different layers of shit.
>>
>>53864219
It's more like someone complaining that everyone is a half-elf instead of having normal elves and humans and some half elves too.
>>
>>53865930
Get your autism under control.

If a world doesn't have enough natural barriers to keep different races from mingling, what is keeping differently-colored members of the same race from mingling?

Racism? How are you going to be racist about someone's skin color if there are completely shredded, tusked man-monsters running around? Anything that doesn't have a recognizably demihuman anatomy is going to be in the human in-group.
>>
>>53866040
This. Orcs need to be killed. Anyone who stands against them is my brother.
>>
>>53865881
then they can play a space viking or space crusader in a different ethnic group.

did you forget its a scifi rpg?
>>
>>53866040
There's no such thing as an exclusive in-group in human psychology. While orcs are certainly far more atrocious than someone with a different skin color, if you can't find anyone else to point the finger at...
>>
>"yo guys we start game at this hour"
>game time comes
>"okay guys I'm just gonna eat breakfast and DO CARDIO FOR AN HOUR then we start"

for
fucks
sake
>>
>>53866096
But why can't they play a white person if they want? What makes playing a white person different from playing a brown or yellow one?
>>
>>53866096
>space viking
>in a different ethnic group
Get that cultural appropriation right the fuck out of here, you racist shitbag
>>
>>53866114
hahahaha, doesn't feel good when the shoes on the other foot, does it?

>>53866103
see above.
>>
>>53866131
But I'm not white.
>>
File: 1484757677448.jpg (76KB, 564x797px) Image search: [Google]
1484757677448.jpg
76KB, 564x797px
I mean, for what it's worth I play table top because I don't have to be bound by reality or anything. Just because I'm a nig doesn't mean my characters have to be. I thought the whole point of fantasy was if I wanted to be a white female soldier then I could totally do that.
>>
>>53866131
Oh, I forgot that "white privilege" means that white devils don't have any right to complain about things that all other races can.

Your type are the most disgusting hypocrites.
>>
>>53866151
more power to you! ^_^
>>
>>53866161
Don't be racist.

>>53866151
Equal power to you!
>>
Should we use the other thread instead of making a new one
>>
>>53866098
Don't bring psychology into this. It's a product of our history, an any world that has orcs and elves obviously does not share our history.

They take the place other human tribes did in our actual history, so we slightly modify the idea of a single, unified human race in these settings.
>>
>>53866256
nah, fuck that guy
>>
>>53866256
Probably.

Also, holy shit pathfinder threads move fast.
>>
>>53866336
That has absolutely no basis in the lore so I can only immediately presume you are full of shit; the psychology that is relevant here isn't based on race but on percieved differences and commonalities, to the point you could make divisions based on whether someone likes strawberry or chocolate sundae better strawberry or bust faggots
>>
>>53866362
Fuck you, nerd
>>
>>53866040
>care about setting verisimilitude
>"autist!"
No, anon, you are the cancer.

>If a world doesn't have enough natural barriers to keep different races from mingling, what is keeping differently-colored members of the same race from mingling?

In-group evolutionary behaviour, which is incredibly strong (https://heartiste.wordpress.com/diversity-proximity-war-the-reference-list/) and nothing.

Nobody was shitting on your brown half-elf/half-dragon/half-aasimar metrosexual hellknight, the point was that your defense of this retardation was horseshit. The "augh! it has DRAGONS who CARES if X/Y/Z makes ANY sense whatsoever?!". Kill yourself.
>>
>>53866362
>the psychology that is relevant here isn't based on race but on percieved differences and commonalities
And where does it say this in the lore, if that's your criterion?
>>
>>53866406
If you're bringing psychology into this, I'm bringing physics, biology and economics into this.

I'm going to demand you explain how a dragon works. Then I'll start practicing fractional reserve banking and get stupid rich off all the mooks in your setting.

I'll want all their names, too. People have names in real life. Something about psychology. It's a verisimilitude thing. So I'll want names and family trees for everyone.

Are we having fun yet?
>>
>>53866414
The part where Humans are named Humans.

>>53866461
Whataboutism.
>>
>>53866040
Because nobody is complaining about there being brown people. People are complaining about there being apparently nothing but vaguely colored ambiguously dark-cream colored people, when - just as you say - this is fantasy, there should be no reason for it. Why shouldn't there be white dudes and black dudes and yellow dudes and arabs and every mix, instead of just some sort of slosh-bowl mix? Why can't we have elves, humans, and half-elves instead of just all being halfs?
>>
>>53866474
>Whataboutism.
Efficiency. Industry 4.0. Lean.

I can spout buzzwords too.
>>
>>53866461
>how a dragon works
(Ex.).
>fractional reserve banking
Wouldn't work in that socioeconomic setting but BANKSBANKSBANKS are in fact a thing anyway so...
>all their names
Do you know the names of everyone in real life?
>>
>>53866503
That's not a buzzword because that was, in fact, whataboutism. Whether or not we have explanations for those is entirely irrelevant to whether or not you have a satisfactory answer to the questions raised.
>>
>>53866461
>I'm going to demand
Are you truly this retarded?
>>
>>53866506
>Do you know the names of everyone in real life?
Off the top of my head? No. But I'm giving loans to these people. I'm keeping records of that shit.
>>
>>53866513
>Whether or not we have explanations for those is entirely irrelevant to whether or not you have a satisfactory answer to the questions raised
I did. You're choosing to ignore them because you prefer acting like a cunt.

>>53866520
>Hurr durr demanding shit is retarded
>I demand white NPCs
>>
>>53866525
Okay, you can ask for their names and I'll give them to you. However, you're the one writing those records, as this is part of your roleplaying. Do you really fucking think names of all things are hard to make up? Hell in most pseudowestern settings, a hundred or so names make up 95% of the population; everyone is named John or Joseph or Edward or George or their regional equivalents.
>>
>>53866547
No problem. I have the time.
>>
>>53866553
Okay, so what are you complaining about? Dragons are explained by (Ex.), banking already exists, and names are easily randomly generated through the thousand baby name sites online. Isn't it time to explain why psychology doesn't exist?
>>
>>53866506
>how a dragon works
>(Ex.).
This is the exact same argument. This is just saying 'there are fantasy elements, deal with it'.

Alright. Fine.

Humans of different skin tones have always mingled in this setting and are now a homogenous mocha blend, because there are other races that have pressured humans into forming a united front since forever. Why is this the case? Fantasy. Deal with it.
>>
>>53866586
But that's taking options away from players, unlike dragons, which is giving them to players. That's the difference. Nobody is complaining about there being brown people. People are complaining that there doesn't seem to be anything but ambigiuously brown people. It's like you can't play a human or an orc but only a half-orc. People will be upset.
>>
>>53866503
>he doesn't know what Whataboutism is.
When people call you out on virtue signaling and cognitive dissonance, I bet you think those are buzzwords, too, don't you, cultural marxist anon?

>>53866461
>psychology
It's not psychology, it's evolutionary anthropology and behaviourism. It's not even just humans; practically every living thing practices this in one way or another, save perhaps those that reproduce asexually. The idea of a multicultural paradise or the complete assimilation and destruction of a distinct population in a universe where everyone can expand in any direction or resettle and colonize elsewhere is completely absurd.
>>
>>53866101
Who was it
Is it someone we know
>>
>>53866586
>Fantasy. Deal with it.
And now we're back to the fundamental fact that you're cancer again. Since you evidently don't care about the setting at all, why are you even arguing? It's all "It's fantasy lol nothing has to make sense". Yes, you're that autistic, and you're that much of a hypocrite.
>>
>>53866101
This. Shit like this infuriates me. I don't understand why it's so fucking hard for people to understand scheduling. I've had games where people don't show up and is like "I didn't know we had a game today or not".

We always play on Sundays. When it's cancelled, it's cancelled, but it's still fucking scheduled for Sundays unless something else is said.

I just don't understand how some people become so fucking entitled to other people's time.
>>
>>53866503
>efficiency
>a buzzword
Are you for real? Efficiency is mathematically calculated. Calling efficiency a buzzword is like calling gravitational field strength a buzzword.
>>
>>53866626
Espagnoll
>>
>>53866652
hahaha holy shit wtf
>>
>>53866596
You need to decide whether this is about verisimilitude, or giving players options. If it's about giving players options, I have schematics for an AK-47 that I'd quite like my character to start working on.

>>53866601
>evolutionary anthropology and behaviourism
If it's evolutionary anthropology, you need to look at the circumstances these fantasy humans evolved in. You can't just substitute our own development for theirs.

If the full spectrum of sentients you have to deal with range from your twin brother to a hulking, tusked, green-skinned monstrosity, your notions about what makes someone sufficiently similar to you to be considered part of your group is not going to be similar to the real world.
>>
>>53866652
The legend grows.
>>
New (old) thread!
>>53853774
>>53853774
>>53853774
>>53853774
>>53853774

All hands, abandon ship!
>>
>>53866626
ivan the cardiomeme spaniard
>>
>>53866657
>If it's about giving players options, I have schematics for an AK-47 that I'd quite like my character to start working on.
I...fail to see why this would be problematic in Starfinder, considering an AK-47 would be quite outdated by then. I mean, sure; your character is a history buff, he wants to create weapon he's heard about long ago, go for it?
>>
>>53866601
>cultural marxist
And there's the elephant in the room.

This isn't about what makes evolutionary or psychological sense in the setting, this is about you not wanting to acknowledge shitskin NPCs as equivalent to pure white ones.
>>
>>53866657
>If it's evolutionary anthropology, you need to look at the circumstances these fantasy humans evolved in. You can't just substitute our own development for theirs.
Evolutionary behaviourism is not restricted to humans.
>>
>>53866681
>what makes nonwhite nonequivalent to white
They're not white, genius
>>
>>53866681
No, it's about you not wanting to acknowledge white NPCs as equal to shitskin ones. Because, you see, if you can actually name a single difference between them - in this case, their skin color - they aren't equivalent, by definition. But they can be equal, and should therefore be available to players who wish to tango with either. A player who wants to play the biggest black dude there ever was should be allowed to, instead of settling for some half-black-half-arab-half-japanese-half-persian-half-nordic guy. A player who wants to play an aryan superman should be allowed to, instead of settling for some half-black-half-arab-half-japanese-half-persian-half-nordic guy. It's about options.
>>
File: 04e[1].jpg (55KB, 600x756px) Image search: [Google]
04e[1].jpg
55KB, 600x756px
>>53866657
>these fantasy humans evolved in
They're humans. They are analogous to us by virtue of being humans, as literary constructs. If they were not humans, they would not be referred to as humans. The fact that they are humans are implied by the fact that they are called humans. You really are autistic, aren't you? Like, legitimately autistic?

And again, this applies to practically all lifeforms, because it's a basic survival strategy. Look up “The Evolutionary Dominance of Ethnocentric Cooperation” for a full explanation - not that I'd expect you to actually do so. Marxists are inoculated to scientific fact and all attempts at reason.
>>
>>53866714
Cultural marxism is not the same as marxism in the way cultural darwinism is not the same as darwinism.
>>
>>53866681
>someone points out that he's a cultural marxist
>is immediately called a racist bigot fascist neo-nazi hillbilly redneck

It's like playing bingo, except the only way to not win is not to play.
>>
>>53866749
He's not even a cultural marxist, he's just a plain racist.
>>
>>53866652
>Espagnoll

the legend
>>
>>53866729
I am aware of the distinction, yes. Cultural Marxism is a strategy of Marxist thought and principles by the application of critical theory to legitimize Marxism, practiced by Cultural Marxists who may be Marxists themselves, or merely memetically parroting what they've been taught by ideological Cultural Marxists.

It honestly makes no difference, in the end.
>>
>>53866714
>They're humans. They are analogous to us by virtue of being humans, as literary constructs.
That's exactly why you don't start using evolutionary behaviourism as an argument for anything when referring to a fantasy world. It brings to light how ridiculous it is that our carbon copies would even exist in that world.
At the same time, they can't exactly be removed. They're the player insert race.

Just don't tug that thread.
>>
>>53866784
Not really. Cultural marxism has no basis in reality, while Marxism at least starts off correctly, pointing out that increasing capital returns during periods of industrialization, left unchecked, will result in a stagnant lower class (after an initial period of uplifting) and a skyrocketing upper class with monopolistic tendencies over the labor market that more or less holds all the mobility within itself. That's a generally accepted fact of a 100% free market with zero regulation. It's just that the suggested solution is...questionable, to say the least.
>>
>>53866755
All cultural marxists are inherently de facto racist - it's not mutually exclusive. Their very idea of normative values being inherently oppressive (because muh structures) and thus warranting racism against whatever is perceived as the "majority" (invariably whites, even though whites constitute only 5-9% of the world population by now) is fundamental to their doctrine.

inb4
>"racism is power + prejudice! therefore it's not racism when WE do it!"
>>
>>53866821
I don't really understand the power+prejudice argument honestly.
>>
>>53866821
I don't disagree.

I'm just saying that it makes sense for humans of all colours to breed into one brownish-white whole when things like orcs and elves have been present since their prehistory.

This isn't some grand point about racial harmony in the real world. This is just what I consider realistic under fantasy circumstances.
>>
>>53866854
>I'm just saying that it makes sense for humans of all colours to breed into one brownish-white whole when things like orcs and elves have been present since their prehistory.
But it doesn't, because they still have other options. Also, elves, last I checked, are specifically noted to be ridiculously attractive to humans for some reason.
>>
>>53866799
>It brings to light how ridiculous it is that our carbon copies would even exist in that world.
No it doesn't. It makes perfect sense, because this behaviour is not inherently human, you fucking dingus.

>>53866814
>Marxism at least starts off correctly
You're confusing Marxism with Socialism. Marxism has no basis in reality either, only socialist aspects of it. Cultural Marxism is entirely founded in Marxist ideology, and is essentially divorced from both revolutionary and socialist tendencies, based on the idea that cultural subversion is necessary for the aforementioned tendencies of Marxism to even work.

Socialism predates Marxism by a long, long, long shot. It is only in the post-War period that Socialism and Marxism has become interchangeable. All brands of Fascism, for example, are intrinsically socialist, but completely anti-Marxist, and many early socialist thinkers completely disavowed any Marxist tendencies.
>>
>>53866876
>you're confusing marxism with socialism
Marxism is a branch of socialism, ergo it at least, as I said, "starts off correctly".
>>
>>53866839
>I don't really understand the power+prejudice argument honestly.
They basically say that racism (or sexism, etc.) is a matter of "power + prejudice" because racism (etc.) is a structural issue that is exhibited by social constructs of power. It is not "true" racism if you are not part of the structures and therefore cannot exercise oppression or apply "privilege" to gain benefits at the costs of others.

Therefore, the "norm" is *inherently* oppressive, because the very idea of normalcy implies an oppressive "abnormalcy" that disenfranchises those that are considered abnormal. This includes not just homosexuals or anything they perceive as minority, but also "the womyn", because womyn are "judged as 'the other sex' and compared to the 'main' sex, men".

It's all tremendously retarded, and completely ignoring the fact that everything that takes from the perceived majority is, in itself, an exercise of power. If whites are censored from Starfinder (not saying that they are, I'm just saying *if*), that is in itself indicative of structural racism *by their own definition*. If it's done on purpose (which it would practically have to be) it's not even a subtle structural issue, but an *overt* display of oppression.

Cultural Marxism is a miserable pile of cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy.
>>
>>53866892
Yes, but that's not really Marxism starting off correctly, is all I'm saying. The core that "starts of correctly" isn't in itself Marxist.
>>
>>53866854
>I'm just saying that it makes sense for humans of all colours to breed into one brownish-white whole when things like orcs and elves have been present since their prehistory.
Except it doesn't. There's been black people around since pre-history too, yet we still have multiple distinct population groups with varying abilities and characteristics.

The only way you'll get your brown paintbucket of sameness and ethnic genocide is if you have a small group of people in an enclosed space with nowhere else to go and generally no other option in choice of mate than someone that's fundamentally different from you.

And that's just not going to happen - ESPECIALLY in Sci-Fi/Science-Fantasy.
>>
>>53866799
>They're the player insert race.
I've actually toyed with the idea of a setting where there's simply no humans, or where the humans were the antecedents, the primordials, the mysterious "progenitors" or something like that.

>>53866867
>elves, last I checked, are specifically noted to be ridiculously attractive to humans for some reason.
To be fair, though, elves are often specifically and expressly created by divines of some sort, and the very idea of elves in a literary meta sense lies in being humanity+, the aryan antediluvian super-ideal.

That said, I've always preferred how Warhammer Fantasy did it. Elves are extremely attractive, but it's to the point of being mildly uncomfortable to look at, entering the "uncanny valley", and even minor deformations are cause for instant stigmatization in the elven in-group. There's a dude with a club foot, and the fact that he takes human concubines is a source of ridicule and i considered debased, but he has no other choice because even though he's the most powerful elven wizard that ever lived, nobody wants him.

He's respected, but other elves are disgusted by him on a personal level. Kinda like the instinctive revulsion when you see male homos kiss, except it applies to anyone that happens to have a mole or walk with a limp for some reason.

Some of this is no doubt purely cultural, since elven magic can heal pretty much anything, and we also have to remember that they're completely engineered by the Old Ones, but I still think that sets them apart from just being humanity+.
>>
We have another thread up and by god we're using it

>>53853774
>>53853774
>>53853774
>>
>>53867939
No?
>>
>>53867993
Yes?
>>
>>53862653
>>53862608
>>53862588
When you convince XS to run a not!githyanki game on Roll20 instead of /qst/.
Thread posts: 376
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.