[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General - Nobody Won On Prospero Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 417
Thread images: 93

File: 1483655045288.jpg (671KB, 811x542px) Image search: [Google]
1483655045288.jpg
671KB, 811x542px
Rolled 5, 4 = 9 (2d6)

BL Author Cage Match Sub-edition

Bread-baking EC anon is bad because he didn't read the whole thread, people complained about each other's BL husbandos, and a glorious anon released the data files regarding the newly discovered 'Crimson King' text.

>Thread FAQ
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html
>>
ADB wins the cage fight
>>
>>53638817
He's not that muscly though.
>>
Night Lords don't fight fair, duh
>>
File: joblords.png (170KB, 356x722px) Image search: [Google]
joblords.png
170KB, 356x722px
>>53638858
and still they always fail
>>
>>53638991
Haha yeah, I love the job Legions
>>
They work for the Primarch. The masketta man.
>>
>>53639175
Mortarion?
>>
>>53639201

Aye.
>>
>>53635505
Dark Imperium?
here you go.
http://www93.zippyshare.com/v/eh414W4y/file.html
>>
>>53638781
The Space Wolves won the battle of Prospero though.
>>
>>53639246
get ém on board, I'll call it in.
>>
>>53639445
(You)
>>
File: mildly upset.gif (1010KB, 250x168px) Image search: [Google]
mildly upset.gif
1010KB, 250x168px
>>53638991
>Barrabas Dantioch KIA
SHUT UP
>>
>>53639700
Dantioch's death hit me in the feel feels
>>
>>53639442
I'm halfway through and it's growing on me. I still think it's too noblebright for 40k (Guilliman's trying to stop the traditional waste of lives, get all the departamentos to work with each other, etc.) but at least he's encountering inertia and being driven crazy by it.

Back on topic - is it overkill to take ~8 missile launcher heavy tactical support dudes as well as six Javelins? The Javelins would have missile launchers too, because at 2 shots (twin-linked) they seem a lot better than single-shot TL lascannons. The heavy support guys would get flakk missiles to be my anti-air. That'd be all my anti-tank, so against Spartans I'd have to count on the Javelins outflanking to get around the flare shield.
>>
Why NL suck at fighting other Legions? Seriously.
>>
6mm Lucius-pattern Warlord titan proxy by The Titan Manufactorum (I think they're only on Facebook).

I assume that if Titanicus comes out and does well, they'll redo it in 8mm. For now it's true-scale 6mm, so it's bigger than the original Epic minis (the titans were significantly underscaled).
>>
>>53639798
their whole shtick is blinding their enemies with fear

Astartes know no Fear.
>>
>>53639798
They're no better fluff-wise. Did they do anything during the Dropsite Masscre besides Curze saving Lorgar's ass?
>>
>>53639844
I use a coat rack as a emperor titan proxy
>>
File: Chibi pattern Titan.jpg (68KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
Chibi pattern Titan.jpg
68KB, 640x479px
>>53639844
Titan chibi pattern
>>53640025
Plastic Emperor Titan cosplay when?
>>
>>53640025
My kid might be able to pull off an Imperator. The problem is that by the time he started walking, he was like 30" tall. The Warlord's only 22".
>>
File: ave delet this nox.jpg (33KB, 480x380px) Image search: [Google]
ave delet this nox.jpg
33KB, 480x380px
>it's an "everyone tries to piss off Curzefag" thread
>>
>>53640578
Come now, we're not that cruel.

Oh wait yes we are. But we like you, you entertain us.
>>
File: Ophion.png (191KB, 229x365px) Image search: [Google]
Ophion.png
191KB, 229x365px
>>53640578
I don't know why the fuck this guy isn't a loyalist.
>>
>>53639700
>>53639728
He honoured iron, he's now eternal, unlike those turncoat traitors.

“From iron cometh strength

From strength cometh will

From will cometh faith

From faith cometh honor

From honor cometh iron

This is the Unbreakable Litany. May it forever be so”
>>
File: nobody cared who i was.jpg (87KB, 1076x742px) Image search: [Google]
nobody cared who i was.jpg
87KB, 1076x742px
>>53641392
May it be forever so.
F.
And then Guilliman deletes the records
>>
>>53638991
To be fair, Cruze kind of considered the bloody mess good enough. He just took the edge too far and got his throat slit to show how 'hardcore' he was. But unlike Grandpa Smurf, he couldn't shake it off.
>>
File: Konrad_Curze_sketch.jpg (670KB, 864x983px) Image search: [Google]
Konrad_Curze_sketch.jpg
670KB, 864x983px
>>53641592
>tfw you cut too deep
>>
>>53641670
Not funny
>>
File: God-Emperor.jpg (302KB, 1115x1386px) Image search: [Google]
God-Emperor.jpg
302KB, 1115x1386px
I wonder what the Emperor wanted each of his numbered creations to become
>Fulgrim
His attention to detail. His Paragon
>Perturabo
His Breaker
>Jaghatai
His Eagerness?
>Russ
His Executioner, turned jobber
>Dorn & Ferrus
His...is "Uncompromising-ness" a word? Ferrus wouldn't be himself without both the necrodermis hands and Medusa being a Mechanicum outpost
>Curze
His Retribution
>Sanguinius
His Messenger of Wrath
>Angron
His real Executioner, or that's how records show He used the legion. Angron wouldn't be himself without the nails
>Roboute
His...what's the name when you want to build stuff for the future but not regarding to building acual fortressses nor hope itself?
>Mortarion & Vulkan
His Relentlessness
>Horus
His Dangerous charisma
>Lorgar
His zealot
>Corax
His unescapable & uncontainable thirst for Justice
>Alpharius
His Guile and Cunning
>>
Who jobs the most: Lucius, Mortarion or then entire Night Lords legion?
>>
File: Konrad_curze.jpg (575KB, 800x1058px) Image search: [Google]
Konrad_curze.jpg
575KB, 800x1058px
>>53642822
>His unescapable & uncontainable thirst for Justice
That would be senpai himself. Obviously.
>>
>>53642838
They do overlap a bit, but Corax is more to right a wrong where Curze is to make an example of traitors.
Ironic.
>>
File: liberate.png (72KB, 600x250px) Image search: [Google]
liberate.png
72KB, 600x250px
>>53642933
Corax is LIBERATION. Konrad is JUSTICE.
>>
File: 1397941516941.jpg (147KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1397941516941.jpg
147KB, 500x400px
Thinking of starting 30k with Mechanicum. I've heard 30k is balanced more like Warmahordes, so what is the tournament ruling for units with out a model? Are kit bashes legal? What if forge world later releases an official model?
>>
Just wanna see if I can troll this thread with one post.

Official Legion Tier-List:

God: Sons of Horus, Thousand Sons, Word Bearers

High: Imperial Fists, Iron Warriors, World Eaters, Raven Guard

Mid: Ultramarines, Emperor's Children, Night Lords, Alpha Legion

Low: Salamanders, Death Guard, Space Wolves, Iron Hands

TBD: Dark Angels, Blood Angels, White Scars
>>
>>53643444
>TBD: BA

You rustled my jimmies.
>>
>>53643444
>NL/RG not God Tier
You succeeded.
>>
>>53643444
Is this rules wise?
>>
>>53643515
Are they really as good as Thousand Sons and Sons of Horus? Seems doubtful.
>>53643532
I'm considering rules, Rites of War, and special units.
>>
>>53643660
Oh, this is crunchwise? Never mind.
>>
>>53643497
Where would you put them then?
>>
>>53643444
>God: Thousand Sons, Death Guard
>High: Ultramarines, Imperial Fists, Iron Warriors, World Eaters, Iron Hands
>Mid: Emperor's Children, Salamanders, Alpha Legion, Sons of Horus, Raven Guard
>Low: Night Lords, Space Wolves, Word Bearers
>TBD: Dark Angels, Blood Angels, White Scars (likely all high tier, just off their legion rule and rites)
This is on the mixture of legion rules, wargear, Rites and Characters. While IF have awful rites, they've got top-tier everything else.
>>
>>53643444
>>53643989
>Death Guard either a shite or God
You're both faggots, but reach a consensus plz.
Not only based on what (rules, characters, RoWs, etc), but HOW?
In all fairness, I think Deathshrouds win against anything with a single wound.
>>
>>53643989
Please don't troll with obviously wrong tier-lists.
>>
>>53643444
IDK how much of a troll this list is meant to be, but it just reaffirms my belief that Sons of Horus are the best.
>>
>>53644088
That part is unironic. I play Sons of Horus and they are absolutely brutal. Sacrificial Offering is the best Rite of War in the game.
>>
>>53644095
My nigga.

Are your sons painted late or early Heresy?
>>
>>53644061
>deathguard
>the reaping
>morty's one of the best general-use, fast-moving primarchs and has a perma-ID weapon
>scythe is been one of the few ap2 weapons at faster than I1
>chem flamers are fucking brutal
>>53644071
Pls elaborate
>>
File: Hu3gLXE.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Hu3gLXE.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>53644124
Anybody who thinks Sons of Horus aren't top-tier is bonkers. Death Dealer is insane with combi-plasma Veterans and Edge of the Spear means your reserves are very reliable. Maloghurst is the best character in the game by a large margin and gives you the best part of Pride of the Legion (vets as troops) while still allowing you to take an actual Rite of War.
>>
>>53644143
>terrible legion rules
>the reaping is bad and extremely expensive with two troops required
>easily outmaneuvered because of how slow they are

I'll give you Mortarion, he's definitely a top-3 Primarch. Magnus is the obvious best but he and Pert are a close 2nd and 3rd.
>>
Is Horus Heresy getting upgraded to 8th edition or are we stuck in 7th?
>>
>>53644236
Only when you stop crying yourself to sleep at night.
>>
>>53644169
>aloghurst is the best character in the game by a large margin and gives you the best part of Pride of the Legion (vets as troops) while still allowing you to take an actual Rite of War.
Nah. He's good, but not "the best by a large margin" good.
Sure Vets as troops is good no doubt, but he can barely carry his own weight, and other characters are good as well.
If termies is what you want, Golg is the only one in the heresy that allows you to bring a Terminatorwing plus RoWs. If you are using a fort, Vhalen is your dude. And all the DG characters have a dual-purpose, especially Guaranteed-infiltration + psyker Morturg.
Don't think so little of the others, is what I'm saying.
>>53644216
>Outmaneuvered.
I'm not understanding. Attack your enemy from the front, that's how it is :^)
>>terrible legion rules
Deathshroud need no LA rules :^)
>Morty & Perty among the top 'marchs.
:)
Teleport all termies turn one!
>>
>>53644216
>the reaping is bad
>because two troops
Opinion discarded, barring spam lists like ironfire and berserker assault its one of the best infantry-based legion-specifics
I'll give you the legion rules are lackluster, but deathshroud are in an excellent place with number of attacks and toughness-the only thing that can really fuck them is justaerin and firedrakes, and they're way better than those two against 1w termies with powerfists due to swinging first with an AP2 weapon. Grave Wardens are pretty good infantry-clearers and absolute murder to charge. Morturg and Typhon are both pretty good too, not maloghursts or siggy's but certainly better than the likes of word bearers, ultramarine and nightlords characters
>>
File: you had my curiosity.gif (964KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
you had my curiosity.gif
964KB, 500x200px
>>53644306
I'll touch myself to that!
>>
So, Maloghurst+BS5 Vets are pretty much the only reason SoH are rated high?
>>
>>53644236
Yes.

Eventually 8th but for now, 7.5. When does that come out? Nobody knows.
>>
File: nightmaw.jpg (56KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
nightmaw.jpg
56KB, 920x950px
>>53638781
>describes previous /hhg/ thread
>doesn't link to it
*corrupted screeching*

Or, does someone have a link to Crimson King?
>>
I personally don't think SoH aren't that great because they don't get deep strike wargear which somehow 'cut off the head' legion don't get but somehow siege defense and terror assault legions get.

Oh and siege-themed legion primarch can teleport on turn one but horus can't for some weird reason. Sigh.
>>
>>53644343
Like all legions, they have a specialty, just like berserker horde WE and ultramarines spamming suzerains are rated high. Overall though, they've got one decent character who lets you run Pride+RoW, everyone else is hot dogshit-abby and loken are mediocre at best, Horus is an insane beatstick that any competent character can dodge easily and costs a bomb, their melee rules are mediocre, the only thing that has any real application is bs5 veteran rapidfire. The plasma rapidfire is nice, but good luck doing that against a landraider list, or a berserker horde, or an air-based list, etc. So yes, they're a one-trick pony with a mediocre trick
>>
>>53644343
Different anon here, I'm of the opinion SoHs have good tools for the Close & Personal theatre, which is the job the astartes can do that no one else can.. That's a plus right there. On the contrary, I think their characters and legion specifics are overcosted, and Abaddon is just shitty.
If the SoHs are lower ranked, it's because either the one doing the ranking doesn't know them or the others are better, not because they're bad by any means.
Except Abaddon.
>>
>>53644394
Hey look, it's the chaos spawn that goes with Cultist chan.
>>
>>53644317
>Nah. He's good, but not "the best by a large margin" good.

Gonna disagree with you there. He's fearless, MotL, has a banner, is a scoring unit if he's the warlord, makes Vets troops, and is only 140 points. I'm not discounting the others, Mal is just that good. When he came out it totally changed the way I played my army.

>I'm not understanding. Attack your enemy from the front, that's how it is :^)

Mass Outflank/Deep Strike is extremely strong.

>Deathshroud need no LA rules :^)

Good news! Their rules mostly do nothing and have a nice drawback to boot!
>>
>>53644335
>Opinion discarded, barring spam lists like ironfire and berserker assault its one of the best infantry-based legion-specifics

Having a 200+ point barrier to entry to your Rite of War is bad news.

>but deathshroud are in an excellent place with number of attacks and toughness-the only thing that can really fuck them is justaerin and firedrakes, and they're way better than those two against 1w termies with powerfists due to swinging first with an AP2 weapon.

On the other hand, only having access to flamers and low-strength weapons limits the targets they can be good against. If they get charged by, like, any dreadnought or Mechanicum robot they're boned.

>>53644343

The Long March is also an extremely good Rite of War.

>The plasma rapidfire is nice, but good luck doing that against a landraider list, or a berserker horde, or an air-based list, etc. So yes, they're a one-trick pony with a mediocre trick

I dunno, Vets in Dreadclaws with Meltas and Machine Killer give vehicles a real run for their money.

I'd say the real Sons of Horus drawback is they don't have a good way to get across the board. Any Rite of War that gets around that makes them pretty fucking rad.
>>
>>53644609
Sure, but you have morty for admech monsters and heavy supports as troops for vehicles, or just throw your own dreads at them. Deathshroud murder any infantry, and do it very well with their huge amounts of attacks. And the entry tax has its place, despoilers with rad grenades are a solid unit and will drown elite units in saves.
>>
>>53644493
>He's fearless
That only matters when you're losing, anon. Go for the win.
>He's scoring
That only matters if he's all alone in the back. If he's got someone worth being with, like vets with power weapons, then he's not in the back. If he's with a tax squad like tacticals, then he's not needed because those guys are scoring themselves.
If he's in the front, it still only matters until you kill the enemy because they deny. That's not only situational, that's a damn waste of a WT.
Even a Warsmith's -1 to cover instead of a WT is better.
>He's cheap
So are Rask and Moturg, both can fight unlike Maloghurst, the first one is great in both Rites and buffs offensive abilities, the other has witchery, rad grenades and the WT everybody picks whenever they're allowed to choose a Strategic trait: Infiltrate three units.

Maloghurst's gist is Vets as troops, his WT and Banner don't matter. I recognize Vets are powerful, but don't come saying the other two things give you +1VP at best. Not when killing him is worth a VP as well.
>>
>>53644609
>I'd say the real Sons of Horus drawback is they don't have a good way to get across the board. Any Rite of War that gets around that makes them pretty fucking rad.
They have acces to dreadclaws and a bit of teleport, they'll do nice.
>>
>>53644351
Good to hear, thanks.
>>
File: Knight errant.gif (6MB, 5344x3568px) Image search: [Google]
Knight errant.gif
6MB, 5344x3568px
Do you have ideas for a character of (You)r legion? Maybe from the fluff of your OCs.
Remember stuff like "Ex-Destroyer Diabolist that wants to see the galaxy burn", "pre-heresy Warhound without Nails" and "psychic DG Praetor with chem bombardment" are official FW characters.
>>
>53644893

Scoring and fearless Rapiers / Heavy Support Squad wouldn't be so bad imo
>>
>>53645596
Darik Charel, Pre-Nostraman Night Lords tank commander, modelled after Heinz Guderian, complete with spiffing hat, with an orth-style rolling out of his tank if it blows up rule. Allows Terror Squads to take rhinos.
>>
>>53645596
Hermann, herald of the 20th company who slew the Techno-Barbarian warlord Varus with his standard during the Unification War. Awarded Custodian Aquila-vexilla for his valor. Will die during the Siege of Terra, planting his aquilla in the snow.
>>
File: Fulgrim's_Apotheosis.jpg (18KB, 250x364px) Image search: [Google]
Fulgrim's_Apotheosis.jpg
18KB, 250x364px
Imagine being Perturabo in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Fulgrim, you fuckin' fine, all perfect with your snake body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally give my lifeforce to you, both my persona and the real me." when all he really wants to do is design another aesthically flawless city. Like seriously imagine having to be Perturabo and not only sit in that chair while Fulgrim flaunts xher's disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing xher's scales and feminine face, and just sit there, minute after minute, hour after hour, while xhe ascended to Daemonhood. Not only having to tolerate xher's monstrous fucking visage but xher's haughty attitude as everyone on Iydris tells xhim xhe's THE PARAGON OF PERFECTION and DAMN, FULGRIM LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch xher's tranny fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been conquering nothing but a healthy diet of non-compliant worlds and later Loyalist strongholds for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Olympia. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on xher's dimpled stomach as xhe sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in xher's "perfect (for that is what xhe calls xherself)" beauty, the beauty xhe worked so hard for by being Slaanesh' bitch in the previous months. And then Fulgrim praises xherself again, and you know you could kill every single Astartes on Iydris before Slaaneshi daemons could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Perturabo. You're not going to lose your future daemonhood over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.
>>
File: daaaaaad.jpg (213KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
daaaaaad.jpg
213KB, 800x500px
>>53642822
What I wouldn't give to read a 40k what-if where Chaos failed to scatter the chibi-primarchs all over hell and gone and Emps actually got a chance to raise them himself. Especially if DA wrote it.How would things have turned out?
>>
File: tumblr_nq0c7jHYLt1qgd40oo1_1280.png (424KB, 858x1028px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nq0c7jHYLt1qgd40oo1_1280.png
424KB, 858x1028px
>>53645894
Daemon Fulgrim has a mix of daemon and handsome man face. He's not a tranny, nor is he Slaanesh.
And Perturabo disliked every fucking moment of it, even before Fulgrim became a daemon. He even disliked greeting his peacock of a brother.
>>
>>53643965
BA are high tier already, same with white scars. And that's only going to go up once units get released. Sanguinius will be a bullshit and a half on his own.
>>
>>53645596
Warsmith of an ill favored Grand Battalion who kept his detachment from going under with bureaucratic trickery and filling his ranks with astartes who'd run just as afoul of the legion's high command as he had. This includes radical techpreists and apothecaries who value a boss who willfully neglects things like "ethical oversight" and "proven safe" over more prestigious, restrictive positions in the legion. This left him in a favorable position once the war ground on and conventional means of resupply started getting difficult for everyone else as he'd been used to i working with for decades. His own apothocarion having long ago gotten the hang if all sorts of hand shortcuts for speedily ready, if unstable and short lived, space marines.

Because I really, really want a send-in-the-next-wave style rule for my 20 man bolter blobs.
>>
File: 1442301673408.jpg (154KB, 557x595px) Image search: [Google]
1442301673408.jpg
154KB, 557x595px
>another fucking Magnus/Thousand Sons book
>still nothing on Mortarian/Death Guard except for a fucking Garro compilation, short stories and cameos in other books
>>
>>53646134
Regarding BL, anonimity is better than shitty stories. That's how those guys do.
>>
>>53643444
Wait, how are Worst Bearers anything BUT shit?
>>
>>53643394
No model? Kitbash that shit, man, just keep it with all the right equipment.
Does have a model that you dislike? Also kitbash that shit, it's fun and perfectly legal unless your opponents are dicks as long as it's about the right size and again has all the right equipment. I know plenty of people that are still rocking converted Mechanicum Land Raiders from before the Macrocarid model, and because Forge World isn't as autistic about producing exact models for every slight wargear variation for us as for the Legions you're probably going to need to at least convert your Magi to have the right gear anyway., Unless you want to play every game with Irrad Cleanser and Servo-arm, which is a pretty terrible idea.
>>
File: IMG_1960.jpg (2MB, 2787x2698px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1960.jpg
2MB, 2787x2698px
Hetaeron and Shield-Captain are done. Just gotta seal them
>>
>>53643394
It's not nearly as balanced as Warmahordes. In fact, it's not balanced at all - if there's a sense of balance it's because the player base is generally more interested in narrative games and deliberately shies away from the power builds. It's not a game that has a traditional tournament scene.

If there's no model, kitbashing is encouraged. If you're going to play in a GW facility you probably want to stick to GW bits, but most people don't care as long as it looks correct for the period.
>>
File: IMG_1346.jpg (168KB, 726x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1346.jpg
168KB, 726x1080px
>>53638781
>the average IW player
>>
>>53646401
>B-brother, your blade is touching mine. In public. T-they're gonna see.
>;^)
>>
File: Combat Losses.jpg (117KB, 746x768px) Image search: [Google]
Combat Losses.jpg
117KB, 746x768px
>>53646752
>Not a fatass.
>Not a neckbeard, apears bathed.
>Non-hippie haircut.
>Embittered thousand yard stare
Give that man standard panoply, engineering education and send him to a trench/10
>>
>>53645968
Stop talking about yourself in the third person Perry
>>53645596
An IW who has a super advanced Deimos rhino so he sees the world just like a total war battle
>>
>>53644394
Crimson king is linked in a post to the previous OP
>>
>>53646838
I've never seen a non-hideous wargame player in general

cept this one guy at my FLGS who is absolutely ripped, but very much looks like a nerd otherwise.
>>
>>53644169
Stop appropriating muh culture, why are you using Marder tanks anyway
>>
>>53645596
Luc Eschete, a Terran EC chaplain, who enjoys utilizing a hand-crafted volkite charger named Cindermaw, gifted to him after a lengthy campaign alongside the Salamander forge-lord, Ralla Pavone. Although sworn to uphold the Imperial Truth, Luc frequently skirts the line between rational inspiration and faith in the Emperor and his Imperium
>>
File: tumblr_o5sulzyVVO1qgd40oo1_1280.png (1MB, 1280x1641px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5sulzyVVO1qgd40oo1_1280.png
1MB, 1280x1641px
>>53646860
You don't need to be Perturabo to be naturally suspicious of the Phoenician.
>>
>>53644394
There is a link to it in the OP you blind fuck.
>>
File: Fulgrim's Firebrand.jpg (17KB, 584x135px) Image search: [Google]
Fulgrim's Firebrand.jpg
17KB, 584x135px
>>53646973
Like father like son
>>53646049
But like, how is he or what does he do besides eschewing a WT for -1 to cover?
>>53645746
>It's also a big pole
>>53645713
He and an IW biketillery squad would work nicely together.
>>
>>53646888
What is your local FLGS?

Because I might be that guy you're talking about...
>>
Has anyone got ebook versions of Book 42: Garro or Book 43: Shattered Legions?

I think I've got everything except those two which I seem to have missed for some unexplainable reason..
>>
>>53645596
Freeblade from Hive Anatolya, piloting Crusader-pattern Knight Alba Auleoli... or whatever translation is.
>>
>>53647425
Check the OP
>>
what's the best antitank weapons to take on reductor? since tank hunter doesn't work with grav right?
>>
File: 1454782505762.jpg (54KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1454782505762.jpg
54KB, 960x960px
does the macrocarid include the grav Imploder as shown on the model render?
>>
>>53648520
No, it doesn't, so keep the Gravidon teams away from the Magos Reductor. Instead, have him help out a Medusa (good) a Magos Ordinator (fun) or a Krios Venator (god-tier). Four Tank-hunting Ordnance AP1 Lascannon slamming into the side of a Spartan is pure sex in laser form.

A couple Krios Venators are really good even without buffs, though. In Reductor they ignore terrain debuffs, so feel free to drive your fast Russes with AV15 front vs. blasts though tight spaces for some excellent side/rear armour hits. Attach some Occularis and Intercept, or cut cover, or make your Archmagos an Archimandrite to give them IWND.
>>
>>53648575
Looking at the parts all laid out neatly on the FW webstore page, yes it does.
>>
>>53648608
weird. i dont have that view at all
>>
'He hefted the weapon thoughtfully. The firelight danced in his eyes. How it burned was a question of the warp, not of science, for all the machine trappings on the blade and in the hilt. His father had been gifted in both, more so than any other man. The sword resisted Guilliman’s attempts to learn its nature, and he would not release it to any other agency for study.
For these arts, Magnus had been censured. The retaliation for a warning sent in good faith had created another terrible foe. Another miscalculation on his father’s part– only a human could make so many errors.'

>magnus did nothing wrong
>>
How do you guys equip your Justaerins?
>>
>>53648971
I don't because I didn't know they didn't come with weapons. ;_;
>>
>>53648599
Is it worth even trying a footslogging reductor force? I'm not mad keen on tanks, more into infantry
>>
So are there any instances of regular weapons hurting Primarchs ever? I heard Mortarion laughed off an entire Predator plasma barrage, but that's kind of his thing. Are they really so OP it takes Titan-class guns to hurt them, or could you repeatedly pummel one with, say, demolisher cannon, lascannon and meltas until he was a mangled puddle on the floor, or knock him over and lay the beatdown with Charonite Ogryns and Ursarax, like tankmen taking on Battleships in Uber?
>>
>>53649174
Vulkan got his head shredded by an Eldar shuriken pistol.
>>
>>53649161
Well, even without using tanks they're still pretty much flat better than regular Taghmata if you don't mind the Taxllax, so it's more then I possible, but it's kinda their thing. The only speedy infantry we have are Thallax, Ursarax, Jetpack Magi and such, and they lack comparative volume of fire compared to the Myrmidons backing them up, so be careful not to overextend past the relatively short Myrmidon range. You'll probably want some Conversion Beamer or Volkite Culverin fire support squads, all Mechanicum big guns are on automata or vehicles really.
>>
>>53649174
They get hurt 'realistically' by ordinary weapons. If that makes sense. It's just that they tend to have abilities and equipment that makes them hard to even hurt in the first place, and then they can heal fast. Fulgrim was back up from being shot across the forehead in a matter of minutes.

The only one that is outright fucking OP stupid pre-betrayal that's been shown so far is I think, Magnus. He takes a lascannon shot through his fucking torso and uses biomancy to survive.
>>
File: IMG_1359.jpg (48KB, 624x232px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1359.jpg
48KB, 624x232px
What do you guys
thinks of bike or jet bike mounted artillery like horse artillery
>>
>>53649249
Angron also stops a warhound from stomping by strength of arm alone
>>
File: IMG_1372.jpg (84KB, 1261x712px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1372.jpg
84KB, 1261x712px
>>53649174
This is Lorgar after taking a titan plasma gun to the face basically Bertholdt did nothing wrong
>>
>>53649281
He puts all of his strength into it and is basically squatting it rather than bench pressing it, and the titan was surprised rather than fight back at the titan IIRC
>>
>>53649249
>>53649281

Sanguinus took a point blank hit from an Eldar titan and healed completely.
>>
File: salsuginis jago keck.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
salsuginis jago keck.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>53645596
"Salsuginis" Jago Keck, Terran, Warsmith of the 73 Grand Company and, after the events of Isstvan V, a rogue Astartes.

Basically a Centurion that unlocks the "basic" RoWs, gives IW the ranged morale boost in CQC as well, prevents the use of Hammer of Olympia, is a Jealous Warlord, lets any unit Astartes unit with IW reroll 1s to hit in melee and shooting if he's in that same unit, and has a chainsword with AP4. EW and FNP 5+ like the old Black Templar bionic upgrade. Can purchase an expensive Iron Halo. I imagine he'd be priced like all IW units; on the high end of fair for what he brings.

Fairly frail and meant to boost the kind of bad IW Legion rules and one specific unit further than that.
>>
>>53649322
I'm not saying he judo-throws it onto its back, but not just surviving, but stopping, a titan stomp is pretty incredible.
>>
>>53649345
I always forget about that bit of bullshit.
Remember when we had posts and posts of people complaining about BL making Angron and Lorgar so powerful that Angron could hold up a Titan foot for five minutes and Lorgar could tank a plasma blastgun shot on his armour and TK fields?
And then FW just said yeh Sanguinius got shot by a Titan and everything went better than expected.
>>
>>53648889
How much of the aftermath is Guilliman aware of?
>>
>>53649416
He knows it all, the point of his new characterisation is that Guilliman has been redpilled on the Imperium but has no other choice but to do what he does, because things are so awful and humanity is hanging on a thread.
>>
So I'm reading the new Primarine book, and there is something that bugs me. The author goes out of his way to make the Tribune and Custodes in general be inexperienced generals and super regretful over how they let the Imperium burn but

That's literally their purpose. The Emperor > the Imperium. They did nothing wrong. Also, didn't their new Codex say that they used what amounted to holo-decks to train and prepare for every enemy ever encountered by the Imperium, juuust in case they made it to Terra?

This inconsistency triggers me, not only because it shits all over muh Golden Boys, but because usually when canon contradicts itself, its new canon fucking with decades old lore.

A thought, didn't BL say the whole "everything is canon, nothing is true"? So that might just be Guillimans bias colouring his perception of them? Coz Primarchs seem to behave more human than Custodes, from what we've seen written about them.
>>
>>53649480
What you are experiencing is the realisation that a thing exists called point of view. Congratulations, you are now more critically equipped than most people who post opinions in these threads.
>>
>>53649480
they've spent ten thousand years of sitting on their butts, and while they might still be terrifying single combatants compared to anything in the 41st millennium, any command abilities they may have had have atrophied. They'll dismember a hive tyrant but can't effectively command anything. Or at least thats my interpretation. Bit annoyed they whiff like they're night lords at the climax
>>
File: images (3).jpg (15KB, 181x278px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
15KB, 181x278px
>>53649215
>>53649249
>>53649303

So Sangy's magic plot armor (maybe he predicted it and dodged so it only clipped him? Taking a full shot from a Warlock wouldn't leave much to heal) aside, you could pull something like pic related if you could separate the Primarch from his army long enough to drop some heavy weapons and smashy units in?
The dude on the ground is a Battleship, which are basically Primarchs but with mind bullet eyebeams that can kill tanks and wreck cities if they get Line of Sight. The helmet guys are tankmen, who are about equal to Ogryn with less powerful psychic dakka, about Thallax grade.

Just trying to slight pin down their power levels, since I have a friend arguing that three Primarchs (sans Magnus because OP) could take a Forge World solo, and I'm wondering if they could swarm them with their heavy Infantry types like Ursarax and Myrmidons.

I play Word Bearers, but haven't really read the books yet and just kinda assumed they were the usual Black Library "can just defeat whatever they need to, always" which doesn't help much.
>>
File: Primarch_Sanguinius_Victorious.jpg (249KB, 481x1060px) Image search: [Google]
Primarch_Sanguinius_Victorious.jpg
249KB, 481x1060px
>>53649385
That's just the power of being C H A D
>>
>Justinian’s bolts hit the traitor square in the chest. The Iron Warrior’s antique armour burst apart, spraying his ancient innards in a red slick across the ramparts, and his chain axe fell to the ground. Its teeth bit on the ferrocrete, and it span madly before the motor cut out with a muted growl.
‘For the Emperor! For Guilliman! For mankind!’ Justinian shouted, stamping across the bastion’s roof. He was taller than the Heretic Astartes. Shock-absorbent calipers around the lower part of his legs and feet granted him more height, and he fired over the heads of his enemy as they dropped dead.
The last of the traitors fell. They had not been caught by surprise; they had seen the Inceptors coming. It did not matter. None could stand before the Primaris Space Marines, the new sons of the Emperor.

Muh IW
Dying like NL
rEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>53649570
How can manlet marines even compete?
>>
File: 97_11.jpg (791KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
97_11.jpg
791KB, 1000x1537px
>>53649562
Oops, accidentally provided punch-up for ants. Think this is the correct one.
>>
>>53649570
Well, to be fair, that is the Primaris Marine™ Inceptor ™ Armour with twin Assault Bolters ™ in the book that's the traditional new edition model showcase for the Ultima Founding ™ forces.

I'm not surprised, and everyone else gets the treatment too. My Admech spent the entire time watching Cawl commit a billion heresies that would get them instantly obliterated and didn't get to even show up, despite Cawl's awesome I wish he would keep the deus ex machina to a lower level so he feels less like a plot device.

When I first read anon summarising the book I honestly thought it was not particularly clever bait.
>>
>>53641515
How did he die? Care to post the passage?
Would have been cool to see him create the Silver Skulls.
>>
>>53645596
Well, he's Mechanicum, but I messed about with rules for Archmagos Xander. Regular Archimandrite Archmagos, but with WS3 and -1A from the regular, and his Abeyant doesn't give him Hardened Armour but is only Bulky, not Very Bulky.

As for special abilities, all poisoned weapons in the army get Shred but Haywire is reduced to 3-6 glance, no pens. He denies victory points like Satarael and grants all Characters +1Ld after he dies as he now has mental room free to start coordinating.
>>
>>53649650
If you read the book you'd see Cawl takes every damn precautions to be safe. His means of comunicating with Guiliman accross the galaxy, which may or may not be an AI, has litteraly dozens of passwords, failsafes, protections, etc. Even Guiliman can't useit alone, as he possesses only half of one of the keys.
>>
>>53649218
thanks. i was thinking 4 squads of Destructor, deployed as far forward as needed.
so conversion beamers at the back, irad and grav at the front.
couple of squads of pf ursarax, few base squads of thallax for scoring.
then put rest of points into an assault magos prime myrm and a shooty reductor,
any tips?
>>
>>53649562
Trying to pin down power levels in this franchise is a doomed failure as narrative convienience trumps everything else, every time. Sang is a perfect example.

However, if your friend is saying 3 primarchs could DPS an entire forge world, he's totally insane. The only reason Vulkan survived a tactical nuke dropping on his head is because he's literally unkillable, but he was still vaporised and had to reassemble himself.

If you're asking, can a primarch get lynched, yes, anything can be killed in such a way, although the scale for a primarch would surely be huge. Just recently there was a story where a Death Guard got lynched and it took hundreds and hundreds to bring him down. Similarly, 300 cybernetica shooting at a primarch would surely bring him down and arguing against that just makes you sound like a chode.
Of course, you just say the primarch has a titan-grade personal void-sheld and now all those bolter shots do fuck all. Narrative convienience.
>>
File: IMG_3174.jpg (134KB, 850x495px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3174.jpg
134KB, 850x495px
Should we call this Terminator armour or Dreadknight 2.0?
>>
>>53649779
True. I never said I didn't like him and want him to stick around, but he just seems to completely toss aside the restrictions of the rest of the Mechanicum or Mechanicus at will. They've got access to goldlike powers but because laziness, greed, spite and infighting they can't use it often. Cawl can, and he immediately puts it all at the disposal of Guilliman and tries to skip to ruling the Mechanicus, thus putting us in the excellent position of our one character with rules betraying the actual ideals and parameters of the faction. They just need to not use him as a source for fucking everything and let him use his own toys or give them to the Mech for testing, add a group of other Magi helping him, something like that.
>>
File: Jaq_Draco_Armour.jpg (731KB, 988x1184px) Image search: [Google]
Jaq_Draco_Armour.jpg
731KB, 988x1184px
>>53650032
terminator armour
>>
>>53649480
Being an excellent warrior is not the same as being an experienced general and commanding resources in the field.
>>
>>53650048
I like him a lot, I just hope he doesn't turn to the dark side. He's a welcome breeze of fresh air into all the samey Admech guys that never care about the grand scheme of the Imperium.
Cawl was probably given the flaws of being reckless and power hungry to avoid being a Mary Sue, which he can't even be considering he still barely understand superior xeno tech like Necrons and admits so freely, and has a reasonnable explanation as to how he managed to do all that he did, aka already being radical in 30k and not being scared of studying several subjects.
>>
>>53648971
Power Fist and combi-weapon, usually plasma. Skip the Multi-Melta (doesn't benefit from Death Dealer) and dual lightning claws (giving up all shooting is a bad move for +1 AP3 attack).
>>
>>53650048
Thing is, he's a straight up heretek. Like, I don't think that can be argued to be anything but the case, right? It's not a surprise he's not sharing stuff with the wider admech, they'd fucking vaporise him on the spot if they got a close look at this toys. Really all he has keeping him safe is the part where literally the highest possible authority is backing him. Guilliman's objection to making him fabricator-general wasn't even 'i can't, i don't have that much authority', it's 'there would be a fucking schism if I did that you madman'
>>
>>53650207
Merciless Fighter not worth it?
>>
>>53644893
Hoo boy lotta wrong stuff here
>Fearless doesn't matter
Cmon son.
>Scoring doesn't matter
Park him with rapiers on an objective. He gets to fire whatever (I like laser destroyers) at BS5.
>Rask/Morturg
Not saying these guys aren't good, just that Mal is better. Also Morturg can't really fight either, he just has a power sword.
>>
>>53645161
Everyone has access to Dreadclaws. You can get deep strike on some Terminators but it comes at a steep cost either through the bad Rite of War, Abaddon (who's bad), or Horus (which is like the worst way to deploy him).
>>
>>53650261
It's rare that you'll outnumber them. Personally I don't count on it for the smaller squads.
>>
>>53649978
Yeah, that was about the point I was thinking of. That was a nuke they dropped on Vulkan at Istvaan? I thought it was just an artillery strike.

There was also the argument that the Emperor could destroy everyone on Mars singlehandedly, which would possibly be a tad difficult given that he couldn't deal with Unification Earth on his own and they would be the only dudes with Titans. Whatever, not a particularly productive argument because the Emperor is anywhere from slightly above the Primarchs to omnipotent and stringing the Chaos Gods along depending on who you ask.

>>53650253
Pretty much, and Cawl even admitted he was just asking for familiarity and small talk's sake at that point. He's a cool character, but I just wish the face of the faction wouldn't be a walking plot device/meme spawning point.
>>
>>53650323
345pts on transport alone for 3 combi-vet squads shooting 2+ reroll shots turn 1. Yay or nay?
>>
So i want to get into 30k, so what i really need? I don't play Warhammer since 5th edition and was a Guard player.

I am pretty interested in Imperial Fist in general and i know Prospero is a good starter, but what units are a must or at least good support/expansion options for the starter? With Imperial Fist in mind.

Can i use the Predator and Land Riders models from 40k? I don't like that much the older patterns.

Oh, and how is the game in general? infantry heavy, metal boxes everywhere or it is a good mix
>>
>>53650749
You can certainly use the 40k pattern tanks, you're not alone with disliking the Deimos pattern looks. Just make sure that there's no Mark 7 armour crew sticking out the hatches or lynching will ensue.

I'm not particularly up on Imp Fists tactics, but I know Dorn is cheap for a Primarch and is pretty damn strong, and thus sticking him in an assault Metal Box with some bros is probably a good idea. The usual picks are either a Land Raider with command squad, although that vastly restricts bodyguard options, or a Spartan, which is heug and roomy but also locks you into about a thousand point deathstar that anyone's army will be designed around, since there's loads of Spartanstar builds and everyone can stick a counter to it in.

Dorn also has his megapimp plane of cool, which is pretty damn close to a 500pt Stormbird, so there's another option for you that's even MORE expensive and locked to 4k+ games or similar.

As for the game in general, it's probably favouring many many tanks, but Infantry builds can work properly managed. You'll need something deepstriky or speedy to knock out artillery before you lose all your blobs, though, and quad-mortars are OP as hell and will omnomnom all those Marines right up. You'll need Apothecaries for the blobs and probably some fortifications if you can find room in your lists for such an unfluffy pick. ;)
>>
>>53650749
Your tanks are fine to use in both, pseudo-soviet round-turret tanks are a divisive look. A mechanised army is easy to make, but super-massive infantry can work well for some armies and sometimes it swings too far the other way, with full tanks. Ride of the Valkyries is another possible list, as some can take dedicated transport flyers.

Fists are a pretty good legion, you've got the best generic terminators in the game with access to storm shields, assault cannons and teleportation-all of which are heavily restricted otherwise. Not just your primarch, all of your special characters are really good.

What units you should get depends on what you want from an army. A dreadnought horde is possible, as is legions of marines treading their way up the field. Maybe not good, but possible. I reccomend you download the books from the OP and then look through the FW site for whatever models you like the look of.
>>
Primarch Archetypes

Lion: Knight
Fulgrim: Artist
Perturabo: Logistician
Khan: Hunter
Russ: Warrior
Dorn: Soldier
Curze: Vigilante
Sanguinius: Angel
Ferrus: Engineer
Angron: Gladiator
Gulliman: Administrator
Mortarion: Farmer
Magnus: Sorcerer
Horus: Leader
Lorgar: Demagogue
Vulkan: Blacksmith
Corax: Partizan
Alpharius: Spy
>>
>>53649717
His gene sees makes the silver skulls, he's killed by overloading the Pharos IIRC
>>
>>53651163
Fuck off underage
>>
>>53651163
>blacksmith
Either racist or ill informed
>>
I already did - no luck. Thanks anyway!

I saw that someone had posted a link to the Crimson King in the previous thread and was hoping someone might have 42 & 43 as well.
>>
>>53647728
I already did - no luck. Thanks anyway!

I saw that someone had posted a link to the Crimson King in the previous thread and was hoping someone might have 42 & 43 as well.
>>
>>53651043
Is Betrayal at Calth a good starting point?

My problem with the old patterns are the hulls, but it seems they have more variations, so it would be a bad idea fluff wise to make a Predator Executioner with one of the 40k, right?

Oh something that i forgot to ask, how many point are the standard?
>>
>>53651320
Calth is good, but so is prospero. Would you rather a monopose dreadnought or five custodes and five sisters of silence?

Plasma Executioner preds should be fine, but i am no expert on tonk history, so if anyone knows, please correct me.

Points range from 2000-3500 in common standard play, with 750-1250 games of Zone Mortalis seen anywhere people play Zone Mortalis. Most legions aim at 3k, as by that point you can have a large cohesive force with two or three fancy toys as well.
>>
>>53650654
Whoa betide any attempting to build the Dreadclaw, the worst model I've ever built. Dreadclaws are the shit though. They have a very safe deep strike ability as long as they aren't near a board edge, they can shoot people with flames, and they're even an assault vehicle if you want to save deployment for turn 2. Unsurprisingly Combi-Flamer vets are quite good here - being able to drop 10 flamer templates with Rending on people is savage. If you're doing three you might as well do one group of plasma to cover 2+ saves, one with melta and machine killer to go after vehicles, and one with Marksmen and combi-flamers to roast any power armor chumps who could give you a hard time (heavy support squads, quad mortars, etc.).
>>
File: HH4 The Scythe.png (703KB, 347x1402px) Image search: [Google]
HH4 The Scythe.png
703KB, 347x1402px
>>53649174
>I heard Mortarion laughed off an entire Predator plasma barrage, but that's kind of his thing
Oh that did hurt him, but he endured and then chopped the shit of that Predator. That's in HH1
In HH4 he gets shot by a meltagun and his armour melts off of him, and tanks a dreadnought punch but all his reaction was pretty much "Sss, ouch".
>>
File: Angron helmet.jpg (104KB, 600x506px) Image search: [Google]
Angron helmet.jpg
104KB, 600x506px
>>53649281
He also gets shot in the face by a shuriken gun. Blood gets in his eyes, and he wonders whether it actually split open his face to the bone, that it wouldn't be the first time it happened.
This shit wouldn't happen to you with a helmet, Angron!
>>
>>53650323
>Everyone has access to Dreadclaws
As of current, both only the SoHs have them as DTs for Veterans and Termies and at a lower cost than the other legions.
>>
File: auxilia 1.jpg (209KB, 1210x1012px) Image search: [Google]
auxilia 1.jpg
209KB, 1210x1012px
Some of you may have heard of it before in a "Your Dudes Fluff" thread but I'm planning on making a Solar Auxilia themed army with Ultramarine Allies. I actually had the entire Cluster fluffed out from the Age of Strife to 40k, but recent developments have me turn away from 40k quite disgruntled with a skubby aftertaste in my mouth, so I decided to actually set my Army in 30k only.

The main part is going to be the Trentian-Hephaistian United Void Infantry Corp(short THUVIC[also a pun on to victory!]) And consists of Imperial Army troops raised and trained to combat a nomadic spacer xeno race that threatens the humans in the Osmium Cluster.

They are deployed in Brigades(on Frigates) and Divisions (on Cruisers, multiple Divisions on a Battleship) and act as Naval Infantry to repel and conduct boarding actions. They are also trained in Orbital and Asteroid landings and zero gravity combat. Initially they were created as a reaction to the Xeno harassment of the Cluster Mining Networks, but when the Horus Heresy kicked off in earnest, the Grandes of Trentia and Hephaistus prepared a massive force in the service of Ultramar. The force wasn't ready in time to see any combat during the Heresy Proper, but was utilized during the Scouring and proved very useful in hunting down renegade flottillas.

I'm planning on using the FW Auxilia models and Taghmata Admech aswell as Ultramarine allies.
I had the idea while listening to this shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4mw5_X2XLY
and was thinking of WW2 Era Propaganda Reels of Imperial Admirals and Generals making motivational speeches on stages, while Starship Trooper-esque interviews of Grunts praising the Void Infantry and boasting how "they'll be kicking Horus ass so sign up now if you want to get some of the fun" are spliced into the footage.

a penny for your thoughts. Got the Marine Models (mk.3 Iron) already, but still try to figure out the scale of the army I want to build before ordering the Auxilia models.
>>
>>53651803
Personally I just see that as being directly overwritten by the much better one that everyone has access to.
>>
>>53651258
Hammers and anvils and fire = blacksmith don't they?
>>
>>53651258
I mean shit, his name is vulkan, like the Roman Vulcan or Greek Hephaestus... the blacksmith god whos symbol was the blacksmiths hammer.
>>
>>53652253
Blacksmith is not the preferred nomenclature, Dude.
>>
>>53652253
>>53652278
Responding to obvious bait
>>
>>53652295
Afroamerismith, or Willsmith for the genesons :^)
>>
>>53652050
Sounds cool. Your fluff seems paramount, so get models that suit the concept of Naval troopers, ie don't go mental with big tonks but use beep boops and anti-armour weapons (spaceship hulls and walls are thicc). Try and think about how you perceive the theatre your dudes fight in and how it translates to the army lists.
I'd love it if your marines were Breachers btw.
>>
>>53652392
You mean a Kingsmith.
>>
>>53649345
Not just any Eldar Phantom Titan, a fucking warlock Titan with a psylance. Because Sanguinius wasn't crazy enough already
>>
File: 20160928183934_1.jpg (398KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160928183934_1.jpg
398KB, 1920x1080px
>>53652423
Yeah I didn't plan on using any tanks at all since they don't fit with the theme. I was thinking of including some Walkers that could still fit into cramped corridors of a Voidcraft.

My Marines will primarily be Terminators supported by a few regular Legionaires with Tigrus pattern bolters, since I don't really appreciate the idea of Space Marines in full armor hiding behind shields.
>>
File: Taurox Launcher bitz.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Taurox Launcher bitz.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
Taurox Launcher for the Whalebird Dreadstrikes, or do they look too small for Small Demolisher Cannon? Holds 2x3 missiles and flat enough to easily fit into either side of the bridge where I want them.
If not, anything look good enough?
If yes, is there any way I could make them look EXTRA SCARY to make up for them being a little small? Other than hazard stripe warheads, since I'm fairly sure the Iron Warriors have the copyright on those.
>>
>>53652878
>is there any way I could make them look EXTRA SCARY to make up for them being a little small
Missilelets, when will they learn?
>>
>>53651734
Has Angron ever been described with a helmet? Pretty much every Primarch has but I don't recall Angronius wearing one.
>>
>>53652942
Yeah, just realized that does sound a little suspect in context.Still, it's the Admech, if anyone likes to overcompensate with their weapons it's them :)

Knowing my luck with One-Use weapons they'll never hit anything so I'll never need to let my opponent know the stats, though. They should be Dreadstrike Rockets, that way the servitors will stop thinking that they're only designed for warning shots because of the name.
>>
>>53652295
What?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blacksmith

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/blacksmith
>>
>>53652456
No.
>>
>>53653011
He'd probably look pretty awesome with a MkII/III helmet.
>>
>>53653011
Neither him nor Horus I think
>>
do ppl use DKK models to represent militia? there's no problem with them wearing the aquila right?
>>
>>53653272
>Horus
No, in Vengeful Spirit he wore a helmet.
>>
>>53649480
We can assume that GW told Guy Haley to come up with a reason why the Custodes might suddenly start appearing on tabletops all over the galaxy after hiding for 10,000 years. That required a doctrinal shift and a change of culture. This was one of the more plausible ways of explaining it.
>>
File: Horus.jpg (558KB, 1233x1577px) Image search: [Google]
Horus.jpg
558KB, 1233x1577px
>>53653327
I bet that helmet had nothing to do with his name.
>>
>>53652253
>>53652278
BLACKSMITH IS A MODERN TERM JUST LIKE CHAINMAIL YOU DOOFUS
>>
>>53653700
>S
THAT'ſ A MODERN LETTER JUſT LIKE KICKING OUT AMPERſANDS.
>>
>>53651734
Swordlets when will they learn and I thought Angron couldn't wear helmets because of his dreadlocks
>>
>>53653300
As long as it's not your personal heraldry it's fine
>>
>>53653770
>Primarchs don't hold enough sway to commission a helmet that fits their head
>>
File: New40kArtContent1.jpg (163KB, 1000x706px) Image search: [Google]
New40kArtContent1.jpg
163KB, 1000x706px
>>53649480
I don't understand why they must be bad generals when they are the best at everything, and their only regret should be the Emperor's demise, not the rest of the Imperium.
>>53649531
So many words, and yet you managed to say nothing of value.
>>53653421
You don't need to decrease their level for them to appear in the tabletop. Guilliman's return simply changes the setting: the Imperials have one of the Emperor's weapon-generals on their side once more.
And chaos having had Fulgrim + Mortarion + Perturabo + Lorgar + Magnus still jobs because they chaos and can't win, unless you're ADB and chaos wins everything forever.

Don't you hate how GW appears to only ever deal in absolutes, unless it's the AdMech, sans Cawl?
>>
File: tumblr_nonyaeR9Sq1qgd40oo4_1280.png (393KB, 706x547px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nonyaeR9Sq1qgd40oo4_1280.png
393KB, 706x547px
>>53653770
What does this have to do with swords? Shurikens hit a guy wielding axes, where the fuck are you reading swords?!
>>
>>53653842
>And chaos having had Fulgrim + Mortarion + Perturabo + Lorgar + Magnus
Of those five only Mortarion actually leaves the Warp with any regularity. The Daemon Primarchs are lazy shits.
>>
>>53650048
It grates on me too. A lot of the stuff stories do.

But... Mechanicum (the novel) had plenty of examples of Martian factions that did believe in invention. They just happened not to survive the Heresy, at least not in sufficient numbers to influence the post-Heresy Mechanicus. So Cawl's existence isn't inconsistent with established lore, and 10,000 years is a lot of time to do stuff. That doesn't absolve GW of using him too much as a plot device, of course. I'm half-hoping the next loyalist primarch to return is more strictly conservative and the AdMech splits in support of each one. Don't try to write it too much like Horus Heresy 2.0, keep it limited please.

Incidentally, Dark Imperium features Nurglized void whale corpses being spat out onto planets as plague daemon transports. I thought our local Magos Biologis would be happy to know that Papa Nurgle beat him to it.
>>
>>53653915
What I'm saying is, isn't it too convenient that they're all lazy shits?
If they had continued their efforts after all loyal primarchs were gone and the Imperial armies were fractured for the sake of loyalty, they would have won long ago.
Or at least killed Guilliman for good.
>>
>>53653833
You do remember how much of a fit the mangos had about repairing Angron's 'dead' weapons
That's his legion mangos, everyone else prematurely kills them self to avoid being killed by the Angronius
>>
>>53653842
That's actually pretty good art, sure you can identify models but as long as it's the actual characters why not do it that
>>53653882
The tiny side sword?
>>
>>53650062
That scabbard doesn't fit his swoooord!
And is that a MALE Callidus assassin? Nice to see one of the few that are said to exist.
>>
>Angronius
>>
"The new craft made Thunderhawks look like toys"

REEEE why must Daft Imperium trigger me so
>>
>>53653995
>implying the chaos gods won't deliberately weaken themselves so they don't win guaranteeing eternal life
>>
>>53653995
Why would Perturabo ever bother to leave his fortress planet? He never held the Imperium itself any ill will and Dorn is dead. Actually, come to think of it why are Iron Warriors still fighting the Long War at all? They don't even like Chaos.
>>
>>53639728
>>53639700
HOW
WHY

I KNEW NOTHING OF THIS

DANTIOCH BEST IRON WARRIOR NA
>>
>>53654136
T. Xenos lover aka Omegon
>>
>>53654137
They do but just to spite Dorn and all the walls he built
Says a lot when it takes Iron Warriors more than 10k years to destroy those built by Dorn over 100 years
>>53654140
Because you're a newfag
>>
>>53650749
FW HH Black Book 3 (Extermination) is your main source for fluff and color plates, but for rules you want the two red books: Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List for the generic list, Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Legions for legion-specific stuff. FW will be releasing a rulebook soon, basically 7th ed. 40k rules with an unspecified amount of tweaking - for now just use the 7th ed. 40k rulebook, it's cheap enough to get a hard copy because so many 40k box sets came with one.

Burning of Prospero isn't as good a starter set as Betrayal at Calth, but it's hard to say no to Mk III. You'll have to get separate characters. The Calth characters are generic and very cheap on eBay. A lot of people convert the Chaplain to a Praetor. The Cataphractii character is usually used as a sergeant for squads in that armor because Terminator armor is hard to justify on a praetor.

Do consider buying the FW Land Raider Mk IIb - basically a GW plastic LR with old-style sponsons for an extra $20. I'm really not a fan of the remotely-operated sponsons you see in 40k plastics. You're stuck with them if you want the Mars-pattern Predator turret, which I suppose is fine. If you catch flak for it, it'll be minor - they're legal.
>>
>>53654137
It's simple really.
Dorn's dead ==> Perty doesn't fight.
IF still around ==> IW still fight.
>>
File: Eversors kill everyone.jpg (89KB, 926x271px) Image search: [Google]
Eversors kill everyone.jpg
89KB, 926x271px
>>53649978
>However, if your friend is saying 3 primarchs could DPS an entire forge world, he's totally insane.
This. You'd need at least like...six guys! :^)
Kidding, three Primarchs would be more than enough.
Imagine Imperial Infiltrator taskforce #1: Curze, Mortarion and Corax.
>>
File: Pert smile.jpg (107KB, 413x445px) Image search: [Google]
Pert smile.jpg
107KB, 413x445px
>>53649353
These are nice rules, and you're pretty much the only one who did understand the question as an asking for OC tabletop rules instead of "gimme fluff". Nice.
>>
>>53653842
Autism
>>
File: Jetbike.jpg (228KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Jetbike.jpg
228KB, 1600x1200px
>>53649273
>jet bike mounted artillery
I think Pinning Jetbikes are a concept that could be worked upon, yes.
I wish I had downloaded reaction-face anon's IW Jetbike.
>>
File: Dantioch.jpg (166KB, 800x907px) Image search: [Google]
Dantioch.jpg
166KB, 800x907px
>>53654140
Fucker was badass
>>
>>53654128
Buy GW™ minis®, anon™ ;^)®
>>
>>53654072
Oh didn't even see that thing. It's an Angron-sizeda war toothpick ;^)
Turns out those are real things
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas_toothpick
>>
>>53653934
>Nurglized void whale corpses
I know, read it a day or two ago. His don't fly in the Materium, though, just flop out of warp portals and die on the ground. Also no ship-to-ship lascannon batteries, orbital communication and control networks or ground-attack missile racks, so I deem my technology far superior.

RE. the Mechanicum, I haven't read that novel yet, I hear it's meh to good. I have no problem with Cawl doing shit, I'm delighted he is, just perhaps not just helping Guilliman with his Space Marines to the point he could have decided to paint 'em red and call them his own Taghmata and they'd probably have been cool with it, although that's mostly my desire for more sexy Admech models talking.
>>
>>53654128
They're Stormbird-scale Corvus Blackstars. I want one to steal rules for, dammit Forge World. This one would be entirely legal to nick, no loophole abuse, too. I want my flying Mastodon/massive Caestus with rotary lascannon wings and melta battery nose, which was pretty much the description.
>>
>>53642822
>Vulkan
>not his compassion
Thou had one job
>>
>>53654821
>not his compassion
Sanguinius weeps for the innocent far more than Vulkan.
>>
>>53654722

The bulk of complaints come from Cawl being "the face of Admech" while being a practical heretek. But I think those complaints are dumbfounding, considering how Cawl is literally operating outside the Admech and practically has been working on his own shit for 10k years because he prized his promise to a Primarch and his loyalty to the Imperium more than the demands of the Admech.

For this, he should be praised not as an outlier Admech character but as Guilliman's sidekick - despite the forced conflict of interest with Guilliman's opinions of what should and should not be acceptable in Cawl's eyes.
>>
>>53654821
Vulkan inherited his absolute immortality, it's the only definitive inheritance IMO.
>>
File: Cawl meme.png (596KB, 1292x1078px) Image search: [Google]
Cawl meme.png
596KB, 1292x1078px
>>53654853
I dislike him being even beyond a sue and being more of a plot advance device.
>>
File: Sallies.jpg (386KB, 1600x1027px) Image search: [Google]
Sallies.jpg
386KB, 1600x1027px
>>53654821
>Compassive Vulkan
kek
>>
>>53654907
>makes better marines than the Emperor
This one isn't really a valid complaint considering that it's canon the Emperor could have made the Astartes more powerful but chose not to.
>>
>>53654961
S8 AP1 is quick and painless after all!
>>
>>53654078
Its probably suppose to be Meh'Lindi. She's a she, just slicked back her hair and doesn't have huge boobs. Callidus is all female, but gender fluid... literally? The Inquisiton War and Space Marine by ian watson is an interesting series. 2nd edition/rogue trader era, so its different, but lots of cool shit going on.
>>
File: Think_tanks_line_up.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Think_tanks_line_up.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>53654853
Yeah, I agree with you as what the character turned out to be, but the writers are not using him that way from what I've seen so far.

Cawl leads the entirety of the Admech presence in Gathering Storm and Dark Imperium bar a couple one-paragraph mentions and Gully telling some dudes to stop arguing near the start. The rest of the Admech doesn't get a look in and is always presented as hidebound, incompetent and useless, which makes sense from Gmans perspective because he hasn't had ten thousand years of painful learning how not to fuck up with Chaos, he skips all that and doesn't need to bother because Primarch.

Cawl is ACTING as the face, the only Admech character the writers give a fuck about, and he's a bad choice for it.
He's a good, interesting character, and I love his portrayal in the new lore, especially the RoAP trailer. He's just not a good pick to shove the entirety of this vast and varied faction onto, at least not alone. He's radical by the standards of a radical age, secluded, already done his share of plotdevicing and cannot interact with the rest of the cast and even the Admech much because some would shoot him for being a massive Heretek and he doesn't care about the rest.

If there were more, say three to five new techpriests of a variety of orders - Genetor, Dominus, Baskillion Astra/Reductor, Macrotek and Sacristan Envoy, perhaps, just to spread it out a bit, present a range of viewpoints, act as a council representing Mars - and give them rules with names. Use them for the "faction faces", give them the codex mentions, the occasional book, etcetera. Keeps it varied, Cawl can keep on trucking on as Guillimans much more awesome and interesting sidekick and the rest of the Admech won't be entirely sidelined.
>>
>>53654187
In fairness to anon, his only crime is not having read the car crash that is Pharos. Dantioch is basically the only good thing in that book.
>>
>>53655142
What was wrong with Pharos? Are you just butthurt about the epilogue?
>>
File: WP_20170601_001.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170601_001.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>53654428
Thanks, I figured you'd want more than a few lines of mediocre fluff <3

What do you think would be a fair price? A Centurion with volkite charger runs 60 points. The chainsword is meh, so let's call it +15 points for maximum bitterness. The boost in morale and unlocking of RoWs go for, let's say 50 points. The boost to a unit is another 20, and call it 10 for the BT bionic stuff. EW is balanced out with the restriction for Hammer of Olympia and his Jealousy, methinks, and maybe 30-40 points for the optional Iron Halo.

155 is were we end up, which is (unless I misremember) about the same as you pay for a Paragon Blade Praetor with some other stuff on top, which seems fair considering his rules and lack of high-tier wargear.
>>
File: 1493786142571.jpg (386KB, 1100x1556px) Image search: [Google]
1493786142571.jpg
386KB, 1100x1556px
>>53655179
20K dead Night Lords against less than half their number.
>>
>>53655403
It would have been weird if they had actually succeeded. They're a terrible legion.
>>
>>53655403
The defenders exploded theyr thing and shit

I mean, it's not like the Night Lords got defeated effortlessly
>>
>>53655179
The problem with Pharos (the only one really) is that it takes a miss-step that is such a basic error that it becomes comical, and if the book was a post on a Chogorian throat-singing board, you'd think it was a shitpost.
But it's otherwise a professionally written novel and so it's just weird.
The miss-step is kind of what >>53655403 mentions, though it's not the number, it's the whole section with the Night Lords - the NIGHT LORDS - running uphill into pre-prepared killing zones over and over and over and they can't think of any other way to crack open the Pharos and the 'heroic challenge' for the main antag-protag is to work out how to come up with a new tactic than the 47th frontal infantry assault.

The reason this is such a weird thing is, you think to yourself, I'm literally complaining about Some Dudes being killed by Some Other Dudes and it's not important. Its like a successful bait.
Guy Haley is probably a irl shitposter.
I seem to recall him maining goblins so...
>>
Tormentor and Aetos Dios got me thinking, what would other Primarchs use as their personal transport, and what special upgrades would they have? Magnus would obviously use an Apophis Stormbird, it's their special vehicle. I bet it would have Asphyx Shells or an equivalent for its guns.
>>
>>53655515
Wait, twenty thousand Night Lords? I thought there was this whole thing about letting no more than a couple thousand dudes die to retain reasonably Marine parity, I guess I was completely wrong there.

Does slightly highlight how titchy the Marine numbers are in this, if that's a galactic-level loss.
Although I totally agree that that's about fluffy for a Goblin commander, but not so much for the Legion that is all about being cheating sneaky bastards with a mutilation fetish.
For the IW or DG, yeah, but not them.
>>
>>53655649
Alpharius would use a Stormbird in Space Wolves' colours.
>>
>>53655649
>Apophis Stormbird
What is that, another pattern of Stormbird? Where in the fluff are these? I didn't really read Inferno cover-to-cover, not interested much in the SW/TSons, just wanted the cool Mech vs. AI fight.
>>
>>53655661
Nope. IW are all about the Math of War, not blindly rushing into killzones. You think the undisputed masters of offensive siege warfare would make mistakes like that? When they charge, it's because it is the most expedient way to win quickly. They take huge losses because they refuse to back down after the fact.

World Eaters fit best with some competition from the Word Bearers. Death Guard eeeh... I suppose you could make an argument for them.
>>
>>53655661
>20000 Night Lords

Shit, that's pretty much saying twenty fucking space marines chapters suicided running uphill into defended enemy lines

It's pretty fucking absurd.
>>
>>53655695
One of two TS exclusive Stormbirds, they call it the Sunkiller because it's so fucking huge.
>>
>>53655403
>>53655515
It makes sense for the Night Lords to always perform like shit and I'm glad they always get BTFO. It's the logical consequence of their whole setup.
>instead of recruiting the best and brightest they take in violent criminals who were stupid enough to get caught
>no internal discipline or rule of law so nobody follows orders and commanders constantly have to worry about getting shanked in the back
>murder promotions mean that the best killers are in charge instead of the best tacticians and strategists
>can't coordinate on a large scale because nobody trusts anybody else not to fuck them
>constantly waste time satisfying their torture boners
The 8th is a meme legion and deserve everything they get.
>>
>>53655649
well either >>53655673 or a Stormbird class dropship with either holographic camouflage (see Legion) or even active cloaking.
The latter might even be Canon given how almost impossibly stealthy Ifrit armour already is (I do hope AL get that unit at some point).
>>
>>53655695
It's a Super-heavy version of an already Super-heavy landing craft. It quite literally blots out the sun, hence the name Sunkiller.
>>
>>53655733
>Curze is butthurt that his Legion's full of assholes
>Mopes about it rather than use his undisputed and absolute authority to do literally anything to fix it
>>
>>53655703
Well, they would probably eventually charge into the killzone, but I doubt there'd be much left of it at that point. My bad, forgot they weren't just their memes for a second, and as a Word Bearers player that's a bit of a hypocritical mistake.

I expect the WBs to at least try the cultist swarms or Ashen Circle Surprise Motherfucker trick first, though, and Gal Vorbak do a decent job in a straight charge sometimes. Not how they're written in the HH books, though, I'll admit.
>>
>>53655787
>There was no. Other. Way.
>Cue Trollatar verbally wrecking him

Is Sevatar one of, like ten good Night Lords?
>>
>>53654140
Dantioch dies in the novel Pharos.

The Night Lords led by a rogue lord Khrukesh attack the Ultramarines fortress there and try to capture the Pharos so he can find Curze's flagship Nightfall and use it to become commander of the whole Legion with Curze MIA.

They capture the citadel and threaten to kill Alexis Pollux if Dantioch (the only one who can operate the Pharos' complex machinery) does not comply. He complies but intentionally overloads the Pharos, causing it go boom and opening up a rift all the Night Lords get sucked into. He gets fucked up in the subsequent explosion and dies in Pollux's arms
>>
>>53655824
>implying there are nine others
>>
>>53655712
>>53655770

OK, I now want one, although that's my response to every new Superheavy and Superheavy Flyer not a Titan or totally tacky.
Do we know anything about them other than "it exists, and it's fuckheug"?
>>
>>53655848
The Atramentar from the NL trilogy aren't entirely shit, and they've been long-warring it up for a really long time and doing just fine sticking to their original Legion tactics and not going too far into Chaos.
>>
See, this is what I meant by it being a bait, because now there's memes and acceptance of this being a thing that happened in a book. I don't care if NL are massacred or not in a battle scene, beyond the stand-out weirdness of the 'superiority-killers, life-conscious, back-stabbing pirates being okay with running into killboxes repeatedly. It's one of the worst legions to pick for that kind of battle in terms of dissonance.
But that's still a sidepoint for me in terms of the way the section just arrives and sits in the middle of the book like a bit wet turd. Everything was going great in literary terms and then whoops here's a bit where in order to create the stall the plot needs, I guess we'll just off-handedly show a scene to justify the idea that thousands of soldiers are running uphill in daylight into killboxes. Repeatedly. Like what the fuck am I reading here.
It's so dumb it's confusing. Would've been better if the big scale hadn't been used for this campaign.

But overall it's a very minor point and Pharos is still a good HH novel.
>>
>>53655909
That's it. We know even less about the Khonshu pattern, the other TS unique Stormbird
>>
>>53655966
>justify the idea that thousands of soldiers are running uphill in daylight into killboxes
They had overwhelming numbers and had no alternatives due to lots of anti-aircraft batteries and the Pharos fucking with teleporters. They eventually gave up on it too when it wasn't working. There's nothing to indicate that they took the majority of their casualties there. I assume most of the Night Lords died after the Pharos detonation disabled all their ships and the Ultramarines vessels mopped them up.
>>
>>53654128
wat. Did I miss something?
>>
>>53655327
That might be accurate, I think EW is further balanced by his chainsword's innability to dish out more damage. Though I don't think an Iron halo should be that expensive.
I mean, sure he'd be EW 2+/4++...but isn't he only 3W and without a power weapon? Others are much harder to defeat, so I don't think his Iron Halo should cost that much. The usual 25pts and that's it.
>>
>>53656115
See, you're actually taking it seriously.
Haley's some kind of practicing ruseman, I am convinced.
>>
File: WS_Veteran_Warrior.png (3MB, 1120x1385px) Image search: [Google]
WS_Veteran_Warrior.png
3MB, 1120x1385px
Guys, is "Scars" worth?

I kind of like the Mongolian and Asiatic themes in the astartes legions. (Mostly because all of them but a few are based in Europe-western culture)
>>
>>53656218
The book? Yes. It's great.
>>
>>53656159
>See, you're actually taking it seriously.
What do you mean? I just didn't take any issue with that plot point.
>>
>>53656218
The book? Absolutely, it's very good. The recommended reading order is:

>Brotherhood of the Storm (novella)
>Scars
>Allegiance (short story)
>Brotherhood of the Moon (short story)
>The Path of Heaven
>The Last Son of Prospero (short story) - if you're curious about Arvida
>>
File: Uber invasion.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Uber invasion.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>53649595
>>53649562
First of all, thanks for posting this comic. Read the 6 issues now. Gib more.
Secondly, that's something that would happen to primarchs when unsupported and faced by marines.
That did happen to Dorn, and he did lose at least a limb.
These Battleship humans look like Magnus-esque beings, and the fact that there are several of them instead of a big one would mean Compliance isn't a matter of might anymore.
Superbattleship Magnus would need to be deployed with both his destroyer-class Legion of wizards AND with Oblivion Knights.
The ones in the comic rely too much on their aura powers and unnatural resilience, they're still vulnerable to power weapons.
Srsly, are there only six issues?
I need more.
>>
>>53656218
Scars and to a greater extent Path of Heaven are top-tier Horus Heresy novels.
>>
>>53655327
That base is absolute shit. Ever heard of shading?
>>
>>53656311
>falling for the bait that is commenting on that guy's shitty photos
oh m8 you don't know what you've done
>>
>>53656230
>>53656265
>>53656270

Cool! Then I'll definitely read it

And I also appreciate all the suggested novels/stories for completing the read
>>
>>53656266
There's a whole previous volume m8
>>
>>53656266
There's 30 issues.
>>
>>53655733
Yeah but they're jobbing so hard I even feel bad for them. They fucking never win anything.
>>
File: sghh.jpg (134KB, 697x751px) Image search: [Google]
sghh.jpg
134KB, 697x751px
This is the very first lore of the horus heresy from Book of the Astronomican in 1988. Back then there were no primarchs and horus was a regular dude.

How far we've come
>>
>>53655824
>>53655848
There's at least one other. ->>>53640702
>>
File: HHranking.jpg (2MB, 2670x1964px) Image search: [Google]
HHranking.jpg
2MB, 2670x1964px
>>53656218
Scars is betty bewd

Path of Heaven, its sequel, is better though
>>
>>53653234
Wooooooooosh
>>
>>53656481
>Heresy Tier
>All the Dark Angels novels

lol

I've actually been quite sad for this, since the beginning I thought theyr story had the potential to be one of the best
>>
File: 295.jpg (15KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
295.jpg
15KB, 177x278px
>>53656481
>Nemesis and The Flight of the Eisenstein that high
>Angel Exterminatus not Good Tier
>>
File: Uber invasion chapters.jpg (20KB, 217x248px) Image search: [Google]
Uber invasion chapters.jpg
20KB, 217x248px
>>53656386
>>53656393
I'm only finding these ones. Are the others still called "Uber"?
>>
>>53656481
I've just finished reading "Unremembered Empire" and quite liked it

Not the best tho
>>
>>53656266
I couldn't actually find the rest of the Invasion arc, although I didn't look very hard. Where'd you nab them?

There's another 30-odd books before those ones, just called Uber. Be warned, there's a lot of Nazi asspulls, but it's still pretty damn cool.
>>
>>53656481
What a shock. All Alpha Legion stuff is good B)
>>
>>53656593
I enjoyed the politicking between Bob and Lion.
>>
>>53656582
Yes. Try Uber vol 1 or Uber (2013), I guess.
>>
>>53656582
Avoid the comic unless you want to see the Allies being complete fuckups and Late April Nazis take over all of Europe because reasons. It starts okay, but becomes shit rapidly.
>>
>>>/co/
>>
File: Uber inv 1.jpg (304KB, 1200x1845px) Image search: [Google]
Uber inv 1.jpg
304KB, 1200x1845px
>>53656702
It's ok, I just want to read about not-Magnuses duking it out. I read the Exemplary Battle of Ahriman's brother and 49 other dudes killing a Knight House in about 8 minutes, and this kind of feels similar.
>>53656597
>Where'd you nab them?
Chapters 1-6 seem to be easy to find. I'll keep looking.
http://readcomicbooksonline.net/reader/Uber_Invasion/Uber_Invasion_1/1
>>
>>53656928
I mean, it does have Patton turned into God's own anti son of a bitch machine, so it has some cool sequences, but the plot is pretty bad,
>>
File: Uber 0.jpg (291KB, 1200x1845px) Image search: [Google]
Uber 0.jpg
291KB, 1200x1845px
>>53656597
Found them. Femarch yum
http://readcomicbooksonline.net/uber-2013
>>
>>53651734
>shot in the face by a shuriken gun
It was a splinter rifle. That whole fight was against Dark Eldar.
>>
>>53656154
Tbh I don't think Centurions even get artificer armour, so more like 3+/4++ with the halo.

It all ties in to the fluff, Salty Jago was always something of a manlet using his brain rather than brawn to win battles, so he gets a sub-Praetor statline with VERY limited wargear. I considered giving him some sort of mobility nerf (to represent a bionic that hasn't bonded well) but with his boosts being reasonable, his drawbacks considerable as they are and him lacking killing and staying power it seemed a tad excessive. Not wholly decided fluff helped here.

Actually, maybe there should be a rule preventing Perturabo from being in the same army/fighting on the same side as him, to represent how butthurt he is over the treatment the Legion received from their Lord, the Olympia debacle, and so on. Bitter Spite or something decently IW-sounding.

Thoughts? Any OC-rules of your own??
>>
>>53657096
Dark Eldar don't use shuriken guns? Well, whatever xeno guns they have.
He was shot repeatedly with those poison guns and his flesh began to tingle, but Lorgar arrived with a kine shield, and then they kill the HQs.
>>
File: watbruh.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
watbruh.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>53656481
>Fulgrim acceptable tier
who made this list
>>
>>53656358
I am come.

>>53656311
Ever seen actual mud? Maybe squished through a swamp? Mostly it looks pretty flat even when you can sort of see the contours, there aren't a lot of "shades" as such. A lot of bases look weird or fake as hell because of it; they're too brightly drybrushed or darkly shaded on dark/bright base colours. I'll be adding a second and maybe third layer of Nurgle's Rot to the "pool" areas though.
>>
File: Ophion2.jpg (75KB, 492x563px) Image search: [Google]
Ophion2.jpg
75KB, 492x563px
>>53657120
They can buy it. I stumbled upon Ophion's rules.
He's a Master of the Legion Praetor. He's only got power armour, axe and refractor field, but he's got a cool spiky shield that is actually better than a Vigil Stormshield (3++, doesn't take up an arm, can halve the enemy's WS, it's made out of his previous starship's scrap metal), as well as a refusal to die (scaling FnP) or to lose (Stubborn & reroll for more turns).
And he's 165pts.
So there is precedent.
As for my own, I was looking for ideas. I'll try thinking of one for myself instead of for others, for a change.
>>
>>53657120
I did a similar thing with my custom Axiarch Gurgeh. He has way less wargear, he's just popping off shots with a Phosphor Blast Pistol from the 40k Mech to mark targets and he's down a point of Feel No Pain and WS from the basic Axiarch, but because he's not swinging a Power Fist around he sits and works. His Titanshard Armour includes functioning manifold links, which give him truly insane processing capability at the cost of mental stability. He's an IC, too, because he's too valuable to risk, since if he goes down, all Secutarii sarges lose their status increases over a regular as the backlash rips them. Down to 1W, 1A, LD8, and if injured they're just dead.

He can activate double Axiarch buffs for the turn at will, but has to take the Combat Array T tests for every wound or lose the Wound. So you want tough Secutarii gunning down enemy with PE:Infantry? Almost certainly, and he can even choose which one to disable at turn's end, so you can switch them with a little time. If he dies it just reverts to the previous single Protocol. You'll get one turn from him 8/9 times, but then he's gonna start taking risks.
>>
>>53657469
That's pretty damn cool anon, post pics? A lot of cool cogboys here, hard to keep track of them all. Was this the guy who was uploaded to a computer and who lost a part of himself with every death? Or am I mixing anons up?

>>53657368
>As for my own, I was looking for ideas. I'll try thinking of one for myself instead of for others, for a change.
This. Look at your model, find weapons/things that make him unique, flesh them out by giving them a short single-paragraph story, watch as it comes together and then smack together rules that make sense fluffwise. The part I used to really struggle with was limiting the rules/wargear and keeping the cost fair, but IW are a good Legion for that with rules that would be mediocre in a void and are kind of bad when stacked to other Legion rules, but with good units.
>>
File: 1317197162899.jpg (57KB, 492x550px) Image search: [Google]
1317197162899.jpg
57KB, 492x550px
>>53656481
How the hell is Promethean Sun acceptable tier
>"Looks like these humans took to worshipping the Eldar that protected them from Dark Eldar slavers as saviours - as a primarch whose homeworld was notorious for Dark Eldar slaving, what should I do?"
>"...fuck the xenos worshipping filth, kill 'em all boys!"
>>
>>53657710
Well, currently he's a pile of bitz on a table, so not much in the way of interesting pics, but I'll sure throw one up when I've bolted him together. IRL, he's a promoted 40k Vanguard, since the guy gunned down a Librarian on bike and the accompanying Biker Sarge by himself with one absurdly lucky burst.

In-canon, he's Xander's liason to House Malinax and commander of the Ordo Reductor void troops/military police in his fleet, so direct subordinate of computer-dude.

Model will be an Enginseer with one of the Dragoon holstered pistols, holding his axe (possibly the 30k Draykavac Axe, for fancy points) and probably a servo-skull and uparmoured with some of the Kataphron Breacher parts, they're 3+ and look decent.
>>
>>53657821
Haha yeah, always makes me kek taht, canonically, merciful Vulcan is propaganda Vulcan. Sanguinius too, how can people say that he's kind and merciful when he slaughtered entire worlds to make an example?
>>
>>53657890
At least Sang cried for them. :(
>>
File: WhileMyPrimarchGentlyWeeps.png (319KB, 232x635px) Image search: [Google]
WhileMyPrimarchGentlyWeeps.png
319KB, 232x635px
>>53657821
Why shouldn't he kill them all? Those guys were never going to accept compliance nor trust in mankind.
>>53657890
This. They did what was needed of them.
>>53657960
:'(
>>
>>53657821
>How the hell is Promethean Sun acceptable tier
It's not, this list is pretty bad.
>>
>>53657983
Can't wait for FW's writing of Sanguinius. What will he kill next with his hands?
>>
File: fgobfLJ.jpg (36KB, 550x336px) Image search: [Google]
fgobfLJ.jpg
36KB, 550x336px
>>53657886
Pic related

>>53657960
>>53657983
Oh well as long as hawk boy let a single drop of salty eyewater run down his winged cheek then I guess errythang fine as lime.
>>
>>53658132
Sanguinius has cheekwings?
>>
>>53658132
>Implying you wouldn't be fine with a winged crying demigod landing on your spine with the fury of an exploding vindicator cannon
>>
>>53658149
Front AND back. Only the finest for the Ninth, Lord of the Ninth.

>>53658209
>Implying small children and babies can make the distinction between Primarch and Astartes when they being DYNAMIC ENTRY-d
>>
>>53657890
>>53657960
The most merciful thing to do to non-compliants was to kill them, because Chaos gets to those who the Emperor doesn't protect.
>>
>>53658254
>Front AND back.
L-lewd...
>>
>>53657983
>Why shouldn't he kill them all?

Because 1. Vulkan's big thing is compassion/humanity and 2. Vulkan's homeworld had the same problem, except they had a primarch that solved it

I mean shit, the humans involved were tribal savage tier, not some super-advanced society that saw what the Imperium was capable of and still decided to side with the Eldar instead, nothing a few iterators and technology couldn't have fixed

But no, Vulkan chimps out like Curze with a hangover and has them all killed
>>
>>53658254
>>Implying small children and babies can make the distinction between Primarch and Astartes when they being DYNAMIC ENTRY-d
I imagine these would be spared and made into more Blood Angels.
>>
>>53658254
I bet Sanguinius can cry with enough force to bisect children.
Also, lewd.
>>
>>53658254
>Non-compliant babies and small children*

Fixed that.

But seriously, was Sang ever the super nice guy people think he is? He was bro tier for all the primarchs and anyone inside the Imperium, but he also absolutely believed in the unification of man kind. The "Day of Revelation" rite of war makes them down right brutal to those who don't join up immediately.
>>
>>53658353
>I bet Sanguinius can cry with enough force to bisect children.
Can banner anon make this a thing?
>>
>>53658275
>Mercy
>Murder billions of children
Pick one anon. I'm a huge eMprah-fag myself, but let's be real here.

>>53658303
>>53658353
THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SFW BOARD

>>53658345
Why would they be? Only a comparatively small minority of people can be made into Astartes and when you put a place "to the sword" you're slaughtering the population.

>>53658380
Nope. At least, I've never read or heard anything that supports it, other than him being nice to people on his side and sometimes giving a fuck about the common man of the Imperium.

Doesn't change the fact that he was as ruthless a butcher as Horus or Perturabo. Hell, Perturabo might have been LESS of a butcher, since depending on the world you lose more than you gain by killing everyone.
>>
>>53656481
Know no fear is unironically my favourite book of the entire HH.
>>
File: why da fug.png (757KB, 1280x940px) Image search: [Google]
why da fug.png
757KB, 1280x940px
Did Book 8 come out yet? Also the captcha has been infected.
>>
>>53658380
>being a super nice guy
>not believing in the unification of humanity
Pick one.
>>
>>53658380
no one in 30k considered Sanguinius a "nice guy" as far as I remember. He was simply so angelic, perfect and awe inspiring that almost everyone loved him at first sight, and while he was quite capable of mediating between Primarchs, I've never seen him do anything special for normal humans, outside of his Baal shenanigans.
>>
>>53658458
>Why would they be? Only a comparatively small minority of people can be made into Astartes and when you put a place "to the sword" you're slaughtering the population.
Why wouldn't they be? No need to waste potential resources, sure kill all the adults if the situation calls for it, but the crusade always needs more marines, even if only 1 per 1000 spared is actually made.
>>
>>53658380
Sanguinius has two personalities:
>Nicest person you will ever meet
And...
>TWISTED FUCKING PSYCHOPATH
>>
>>53658463
A patrician choice, in all honesty.
>>
>>53658620
I can b ur angle or ur demon
>>
>>53658620
I'll admit to a chuckle.
>>
File: Churchill.jpg (47KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
Churchill.jpg
47KB, 500x322px
>>53658340
>Vulkan's big thing is compassion/humanity
No it's not, anon.
Srsly, he burns people. That's what he does. He removed the tiny assigned legion supply of alchem weapons and replaced them with a shitton of flamers and meltas.
He is THE Scorched Earth, and that doesn't make him less of a destroyer than the ones who drown worlds in barrages of macro weapons or with buzzing chainweapons.
Flames leave corpses a heap of cooked meat, boiled blood and ashen bone splinters. There is no compassion in that. And you can be sure there's no fucking cleansing either.
Think of it.
Whenever they mention life may grow after the firestorm, it's because actual corpses are being used as fertilizer.
Nocturne was lucky, but not lucky because they fostered a Primarch to relieve them from the raider menace.
They were lucky because they fought back and endured, unbroken, and never surrendered to their fate. That's the kind of people that makes the Imperium strong.
>>
>"There will be no Rad or Phospex in my legion. We shall fight wars humanely. Some things should be left in the dark age."
>"Oh cool, when are you going to stop burning people to death?"
>"I don't understand the question."
>>
>>53658551
Except most Legions only recruited from places other than their home worlds if they couldn't help it. It leads to huge problems for the Night Lords, Dark Angels, Iron Warriors and kept several Legions smallish like the DG or EC. Even if this wasn't the case, what about the girls? You can't make Astartes out of them and raising them and keeping them fed until they can join the army etc is way inefficient when you can just recruit/conscript actual adults or call in reinforcements, so fully half of the children would get snkit out of hand if pumping out Astartes is your only concern. Also it was an entire cluster of worlds that got genocided, so come on.

Hell, "we need resources" basically means every kid who can't be transformed is assured death or (if they're released back into the gore-soaked graveyards their worlds used to be) suffering and savagery.

>>53658673
I thought they were resigned to being raided until Vulcan popped along and inspired them? Fair point in general.

Basically, all Primarchs are total fucking monsters by today's standards. Even the likes of Guilliman and Fulgrim caused the deaths of more children than there are living people today, so let's not beat around the bush about how Vulcan was compassionate and Sanguinius nice.
>>
>>53658744
Where's this paraphrased bit from? Seems it would be an interesting conversation.
>>
File: Sanguinius versus traitors.jpg (421KB, 1131x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Sanguinius versus traitors.jpg
421KB, 1131x1600px
Papa Sang did only one thing wrong. He died.
>>
How the hell 40k Chapters have recruits number proplem when Legions got no such from their homeworlds only?
>>
>>53658810
F
>>
>>53658772
>Even the likes of Guilliman
In 40k he refuses to bomb infected city if there is chance it has civilians. Bob was nicest primarch.
>>
File: Ireton Ma-fuck-traitors!-Sade.png (436KB, 353x824px) Image search: [Google]
Ireton Ma-fuck-traitors!-Sade.png
436KB, 353x824px
>>53658544
>>53658458
>>53658380
Why can't be Sanguinius a nice guy and also believe in the unification of mankind? He always had something good to say about anything, and was both polite and considered, especially more of an achievement when you realize he was raised in a rad tribe, and power didn't get to his head like how it happened to Fulgrim, who was raised by poor miners in Pooristan.
You sound like a bunch of non-compliants, and before you even raise a finger to protest, I tell you this:
Active rebellion, inaction and negotiators: all those are non-compliants, and non-compliants' only place in this galaxy is to serve as mortar in the foundations of the Imperium.
And this isn't Ferrus or Perturabo speaking.
These are the words of a retired mortal, Gral. Badass.
>>53658492
Well said.
>>53658620
You don't meet non-compliants, anon. You just kill them :^)
>>
>>53658905
>In 40k he refuses to bomb infected city if there is chance it has civilians.
Sounds like a good way to lose a planet.
>>
>>53658905
>was a dick to Lorgar while burning his planet

nah
>>
>>53658878

Chapters usually draw from one star system or from the captured youth of whatever world they conquered. Its extremely abnormal for a chapter to draw recruits from more than two sources. The Blood Ravens drew recruits from a single system, but three worlds instead of one at one point.
>>
>>53658463
It's definitely a good one.

I never expect everyone to agree on how good books are, but the spread of opinions can be interesting. Fulgrim seems to be love/hate. Legion too. The Dark Angels books are all over the map: love/like/meh/hate. Probably the same average score, but still a different reception. Nemesis also has a pretty broad spread. Then you've got books that everyone agrees are upper or lower tier, and the debate is just whether they're good or great (or bad/terrible).
>>
>>53658966
>implying Lorgar didn't deserve everything he got^1000
Why didn't he just stop worshipping the Emperor like a good boy /hhg/?
>>
>>53658878
Gene-seed degredation, equipment failure, nomadic lifestyle, low population on recruiting planet - those are the usual given reasons.

I know it kind of sounds like bullshit, but remember before Age of Guilliman the prevailing theme of 40K was Everything is Fucked and Broken We're All Going To Die. People often forget 40K had an essentially fixed Bad Ending for humanity for years and years of the background. That's changed now, obv.
In contrast to the age of the Imperial Truth in HH.
>>
>>53658936
He made complex healthcare system that assured as much people would survive plague.
>>53658966
>Under order of biological father who would burn Macragge if he refused.
>>
>>53658810
Hopefully his death will have more weight in the new lore.
>Emperor sees the broken and bloodied corpse of Sanguinius, his most fair and noble son struck down mercilessly by a brother
>"Horus can still be saved"
>Horus kills literally who terminator
>"wow that was a step too far you're dead to me now"
>>
File: Gelre_Folio_62r.jpg (688KB, 673x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Gelre_Folio_62r.jpg
688KB, 673x1125px
>>53658966
Word Bearers don't get rights.
>>
>>53658905
>>53658936
>>53658966

Thats not true at all, and you faggots need to read. He ordered a city on Ultramar to be obliterated after Night Lords rampaged through it because he didn't want to deal with whatever daemonic shitstorm the NL hid there.
>>
File: WP_20170606_002.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170606_002.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>53658878
No Primarchs to provide fresh genetic material/geneseed, presumably a lot of the tech involved is poorly understood/lost/doesn't work as well, every new Chapter eventually becomes increasingly divergent from its' founding Legion, the Chapters are more stringent in picking their recruits than most Legions were, those recruits don't get their organs stuffed in extra-quick and sent into battle as bolter marines...

Take your pick, anon.

>>53658931
He can definitely be a nice guy and believe in the unification of Man. I'm just saying slaughtering hundreds of billions of people as you reduce an entire cluster of worlds to charnelhouses, billions of children amongst them, while acknowledge many of the people you're going to commit genocide on are innocent kind of clashes with that. And this from a fucking Iron Warrior.
>>
>>53659031
>blowing up millions of people for the chance to kill a night lord
Don't blame him tbqhwyf.
>>
>>53659025
If they screw this up BL deserves to be thrown into a dumpster.
>literally who the terminator
Wrong. It was an immortal Imperial Army Custode Imperial Fist terminator.
>>
>>53658772
The IW recruited from many worlds. Olympia was part of the Metarara cluster, which was ruled by the IWs after the removal of the Silent Judges.
And the EC did accept children from conquered enemies.
But yes, I don't know why legions usually recruit from a single world. If the natives can take it and meet the criteria, why not inducting them? If they die then they weren't worthy, and if they make it then they were.
Not to mention both astartes numbers are increased and tithe strains on populations are decreased.
Hell even single chapters in 40k recruit from whole systems, why would legions worth 100 chapters recruit from single worlds? FW truly has no sense of scale whatsoever.
>>
File: 1353789631425.jpg (72KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
1353789631425.jpg
72KB, 800x680px
>>53658673
Have you ever read anything about the Salamanders before? Their whole schtick, more so than any of the other Legions, is protecting and supporting the little man. Yes, they're pyromaniacs, but they're actually concerned about the humans they interact with the majority of the time, unlike most of the other Legions that consider humans with varying levels of disdain.

In Forgotten Sons, Heka'tan goes out of his way to try and protect the former Remembrancer that was stuck with them in their Stormbird, once protecting her from dying during the crash landing, and later going out to find what had happened to her when she didn't return in time.

During the Third War for Armageddon, the Salamanders were loved by the populace for sticking behind to protect the vulnerable rearguard and supply lines rather than charging for the frontlines like all the other chapters.
>>
>>53658966
>was a dick to Lorgar was burning his planet
>t. deluded Turd Bearer
He was completely stoic throughout the entire ordeal. Guilliman was just doing his job.
He was as "nice" as anyone could be under the circumstances.
>>
>>53659047

Sanguinus was renown for giving his enemies a choice. I mean most of the chapters gave their enemies the ultimate choice, but Sanguinus went on record as weeping for his enemies before smiting them from existence; which only reinforced the fact that those who chose doom over servitude picked the ends of their destruction. Thats more humane that most of the Primarchs.

Hell, the Space Wolves just take a big fat shit over whatever system they pop in. The Emperor points in towards a system, and everything goes straight to shit.
>>
File: Based Ferrus.png (421KB, 305x666px) Image search: [Google]
Based Ferrus.png
421KB, 305x666px
>>53658782
Ferrus tells to Vulkan that burning to death isn't a nice way to go either.
Fucking Ferrus "heart and home are vanities for mortals" Manus calls Vulkan on the inhumanity of his actions. Not that he didn't agree to it, but don't come telling me it's a kind thing to do.
>>
>>53659085
I bet in 5 books Emperor's biological son will appear out of nowhere and recruited into IF.
>>
>>53658673
>>53659119

Whats your deal with fire anyway? If an Astartes literally walks up to within 10 meters of you to blaze pure promethium hellfire in your direction, you should know that you or your leadership did something to deserve it.
>>
>>53659154
>Emperor's biological son
You mean Ollanius Persson?
>>
>>53659152

Ferrus has PTSD over his burnt hands, he is a biased motherfucker in the context of this conversation.
>>
File: NON COMPLIANT.png (3MB, 1200x2145px) Image search: [Google]
NON COMPLIANT.png
3MB, 1200x2145px
>>
File: 1494455413845.jpg (87KB, 592x644px) Image search: [Google]
1494455413845.jpg
87KB, 592x644px
>>53659154
I am betting on this.
>>
>>53659110

Not that unreasonable, depending on the legion in question though.
Generally its very well possible as long as your success rate of implementation is fairly high. the Great Crusade Era is undoubtly the best time for mass induction of new recruits, given that the technique is well understood which translate in a high successrate, as well as lower standards of recruitment then in the Post heresy Imperium.
>>
File: Nicolas Cage.webm (1MB, 325x163px) Image search: [Google]
Nicolas Cage.webm
1MB, 325x163px
>>53659085
>Wrong. It was an immortal Imperial Army Custode Imperial Fist terminator.
I liked it when Pius was a myth to illustrate the importal of the individual guardman in the war effort where superhumans and daemonic princes are things...but I did enjoy your comment. Kek.
>>
File: 1496472117810.jpg (132KB, 655x655px) Image search: [Google]
1496472117810.jpg
132KB, 655x655px
>>53659209
Remove this vile propaganda!
>>53659235
Same, and I'm glad I made you laugh.
>>
File: SoHs.jpg (41KB, 390x452px) Image search: [Google]
SoHs.jpg
41KB, 390x452px
>>53659217
Not arguing that, but more recruiting worlds are always a good thing.
I think they are there, it's simply that they aren't mentioned too often.
>>
>>53659209
ree
>>
>>53659152
Ferrus and Dorn were truly the best Primarchs. They just did their job without doubt or distraction.
>>
File: sorcerous laugh.jpg (118KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
sorcerous laugh.jpg
118KB, 623x414px
>>53659306
>stepdad
Kek.
>>53659294
>37 other worlds
Wow.
>>
>>53659306
The daemonette is probably happy Sanguinius is feetposting her.
>>
>>53659294
>tfw Traitor Maximus
Do you even traitor, brothers?
>>
File: Aaron Dembski-Bowden.png (2MB, 868x1732px) Image search: [Google]
Aaron Dembski-Bowden.png
2MB, 868x1732px
>>53659306
>>53659332
Say...did "chaos best stepdad" exist before this pic? I honestly don't remember.
>>
File: 1496501312423.jpg (166KB, 667x862px) Image search: [Google]
1496501312423.jpg
166KB, 667x862px
>>53659354
Bretty sure it came from this.
>>
>>53659217
>Generally its very well possible as long as your success rate of implementation is fairly high
Heh. The Imperial Fists apparently had the lowest success rate. In Praetorian of Dorn it's pretty terrible, though not too different from the numbers that show up in 40k's older fluff. First you've got a high death rate when selecting aspirants, then only 1-2% of them survive the first stage. It might be a slight majority that die during the next stage, and then you've got more death during training. Someone here did the math and figured that the VIIth legion went through 30 million little boys to grow 110,000 marines or whatever their numbers were. I'd be shocked if Inwit could support that many people, but the IF recruited from all over. As long as hive worlds are involved, those numbers can be plausible.
>>
>>53659389
I-is that the image you meant to post?
>>
>>53659294

pretty much, especially legions that are big and suffer high rates of attrition.
Legions like the TS, however, would have no issues just drawing from Prospero, both due to size, and the fact they remained relatively close to Prospero at all times.
>>
>>53659047
>I'm just saying slaughtering hundreds of billions of people as you reduce an entire cluster of worlds to charnelhouses, billions of children amongst them, while acknowledge many of the people you're going to commit genocide on are innocent kind of clashes with that. And this from a fucking Iron Warrior.
This is war, anon.
Nobody said it was going to be nice. Not even glorious.
But kindness won't build the foundations of an unified mankind.
>>
File: 1496033909996.png (84KB, 678x652px) Image search: [Google]
1496033909996.png
84KB, 678x652px
>>53659403
When I said this I meant >>53659354 My bad.
>>
>>53659437
What the hell is that? That doesn't look like a chaos stepdad.
>>53659389
And I'd like to know more
>>
>>53658878
Recruitment in 30k was also a lot more straightforward and less rigorous. Yes, there were still limitations, but any healthy child that could survive the implantation process became a Marine and would begin their first tours shortly after. Legions could also recruit from multiple systems if they wanted to, although that varied from Primarch to Primarch. Geneseed supplies were also considerably higher, and even the Legions recruiting from only one world usually had enough to cope with losses.

In 40k, Chapters are only allowed one recruitment system, and their standards for recruitment are considerably higher than they were during the days of the Legions. Consider the normal losses from implantation, lower rates of recruitment, and then the fact that these recruits have to survive through Scout training, then as a Devastator, an Assault Marine, and then finally as a Tactical Marine. If they die along the way, welp, time to start from scratch again.
>>
File: brador.jpg (59KB, 440x248px) Image search: [Google]
brador.jpg
59KB, 440x248px
>>53659452
>What the hell is that? That doesn't look like a chaos stepdad.
That's Spurdo Sparde dressed up like Brador. And as for the other picture that's just a Pole I believe. I really feel like there was a huge misunderstanding here.
>>
File: Terran Hives.jpg (28KB, 643x363px) Image search: [Google]
Terran Hives.jpg
28KB, 643x363px
>>53659393
>30 million little boys to grow 110,000 marines or whatever their numbers were
Eh, India and China could probably meet the demand on their own but I like them not being represented in 40k :^).
I really don't understand what all the fuss in Olympia was all about.
>Ooooh muh children are being taken away!
Have 4 kids minimum per household, problem solved.
I wish people in the Imperium were as loyal as Kriegers :(
>>
>>53659171
You're right in that regard. If an Astartes has come to kill you, there is a pretty good chance you or someone above you fucked up big time.

The Salamanders just prefer keeping up the traditions of Planet The Floor Is Lava and killing everything with fire.
>>
>>53659542
Srry anon, I'm still missing it. Is Brador a stepdad or something?
>>
File: Judgemental Skull.png (54KB, 306x421px) Image search: [Google]
Judgemental Skull.png
54KB, 306x421px
>>53659605
No, Anon. I messed up. Chaos stepdad didn't exist until the picture here >>53659354 was made.
>>
>>53654526
What stops you swapping the bullets for pinning shells ATM?
>>
>>53659573
>Look, I don't care how you do it or who you do it with, but you guys need to start having a LOT more sex and a LOT more kids if we're going to fill out these regiments in time.
>>
>>53659657
Oh you can. But regular Jetbikes would be a support unit for other squads because they only have chainswords and aren't a real melee squad.
Unless they were a Jetbike Command squad with BS/WS 5 and power weapons. I'm still thinking about it and I don't know how to use them.
>>
>>53659668
>imperial ordained orgies
>>
>>53659573
We're not all white here, so I'm happy about any representation I can get. "Amit" can't be anything but an Indian name, and a lot of the Scars have Chinese rather than Mongolian names.

A planet with a population in the billions should be able to handle it, but it'd kill a feral world. The only reason the Codex's clause about keeping a recruitment world worked is because chapters were so small.
>>
>>53655824
He becomes a knight errant so ...
>>
>>53659775
Oh, I'm not white either.
I just don't like those two countries :)
>>
>>53656462
Did the other third go xenos?
>>
>>53656481
Angel extrminatus was a fun read
>>
>>53658463
It's good until it ends
>>
New thread?
>>
>>53659775
Amit is white on the VOTS/SOTF cover. (or at least not Indian)
>>
File: IMG_0336.jpg (798KB, 1742x2437px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0336.jpg
798KB, 1742x2437px
My first attempt at painting since I was a kid. It doesn't look too bad right?
>>
>>53660246
They're the original Aryans, after all.

Apparently "Amit" is also the name of a Taiwanese female singer who's part Austronesian aboriginal. Not just an Indian name.
>>
>>53660395
The head's pretty good. But those stripes...
>>
>>53660395
You get an A for effort.
>>
>>53660419
I know, I'm thinking about redoing them with some tape.
>>
>>53660452
It's got to be pretty fancy tape (e.g. Tamiya) and you want to be practically drybrushing with it (in one direction) so you don't get a raised edge and minimize the chance of bleeding under it.
>>
>>53660395
With hazard stripes less is more. I fear you overdid it.
>>
>>53660419
>>53660441
>>53660515
>>53660522
Thanks for the feedback guys. I really do appreciate it. I'd like to keep the stripes on the shoulders but I'm unsure what to do with the badges?
>>
File: IMG_20170606_185203308.jpg (2MB, 3160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170606_185203308.jpg
2MB, 3160x2340px
>>53658353
>>53658383
Quick question, when was the crusade fought? M31?
>>53660246
Funny thing, I came to know the name Amit form the BAs first, then I realized it was an actual name IRL.
>>
>>53660588
The tilting shield things? You could blank them then apply transfers?
>>53660601
I wish Amit had some sort of literary connotation relevant to the Flesh Tearer, but it seems completely adrift of meaning. Shame.
>>
>>53660601
Last two hundred years of M30, plus a few years into M31.

>>53660588
Ideally the badges would be plain black with a decal on top (IW skull icon, or a IV, doesn't really matter). I don't have a problem with keeping them stripey though because they kind of look like a continuation of the shoulder pauldrons.
>>
>>53660588
A bolt.
>>53660601
Kek! Nice work, Al. Have this.
>>
>>53660698
Thanks.
The one in the left looks so happy
>>
>>53660651
>I wish Amit had some sort of literary connotation relevant to the Flesh Tearer
Naw, I'd rather not have any werewolves named Wolfgang. I hate names that reference character attributes.
>>
>>53660246
His first name is Nassir, isn't it?

I'll just assume he was darker-skinned until he was infused with Sanginius's genes.
>>
>>53660719
>I hate names that reference character attributes.
Motherfucker you are in the wrooooonnnnngg hobby.
>>
>>53660651
>>53660664
I like the idea of a IW skull icon. Do they do that as a transfer? I may go over the knees again with leadbelcher too.
>>
>>53660651
>I wish Amit had some sort of literary connotation relevant to the Flesh Tearer, but it seems completely adrift of meaning.
Ferrus Manus of the Iron Hands with iron hands has you covered. (Okay yeah, it could've had meaning without being so over the top. It does stick out from all the other BA names.)
>>
>>53660762
That's different. He got his name from his hands. It wasn't some big coincidence.
>>
>>53660722
Names don't have to reflect your skin colour or background, esp in the far future. I mean, my wife's son is called DuShawn and she's white.
>>53660762
I didn't mean his name should be latin for Bloody Saw or something, just that it have *some* detectable reason for being chosen. Almost everybody else's names track to some relevant trivia.
>>
>>53660722
>we wuz space marines and sheeeeeeit
>>
New thread

>>53660890

>>53660890

>>53660890
>>
File: Contemptors I-XV.jpg (929KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
Contemptors I-XV.jpg
929KB, 2016x1512px
>>53660753
I don't think the FW transfer sheet has any small ones, only the ones for shoulder pads. You'd have to go third-party or freehand it. That can be done with a newish, high quality brush, but I wouldn't go smaller than size 0 (those fine detail brushes don't hold enough water - the paint dries before it reaches the mini). Let your palm touch the mini for stability and touch the model with the brush when exhaling. And in the immortable words of Saint Duncan, thin your paints.
>>
>>53659025
>emperor
>sees noble son dead
>sees son

Wut?
Thread posts: 417
Thread images: 93

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.