[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 414
Thread images: 46

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How do you feel about the big new changes and rebalancing to Path of War?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>53265350
>>
I keep hearing talk of this errata but I'm not sure where its being talked about, other than here of course, or even what exactly is being changed.

Anyone mind refreshing me on the specifics other than "just using boosts on full attack maneuvers"
>>
>>53273437
SOME stances and boosts are being changed such that they only affect the first attack, not all attacks

Primal Fury and Broken Blade received COMPLETE REWRITES.

Scarlet Throne is eating some zenith-strike related nerfs.

thats it.
>>
>>53273382
I mean, Adrian makes a lot of sense to be there. He's from the city that the boat set out from, and is a language professor. One of the expedition's missions is to study the languages in Mwagni. He's also, from his character out, not very visually distinct.

Out of everyone Adrian on the surface has one of the most mundane reasons to be on the boat.
>>
>>53273437
Discussion starts here >>53260045

Most of the drama arose when an anon suggested scaling maneuver DCs as 10+1/2 initiator level +initiating modifier (which is a good idea to keep low level maneuvers relevant into late game) and Taveena said she couldn't commit to such a massive overhaul of the entire PoW system for an errata.
>>
>>53270905
I'd trust her! She's a loyal companion and a really smart girl!
>>
>>53273437
>>53273463
So where is it?
And I just dipped a few charge related boosts/maneuvers from Primal Fury, am I fucked?
Will Iron Tortoise get some buffs, as it really only works well with Warders and not all classes?
>>
>>53273437
The confirmed:
>Warlord's Tactical Flanker nerfed
>Chunks of Primal Fury and Broken Blade getting completely rewritten
>Zenith strike line getting nerfed for damage somehow
>Lots of boosts and stances that add damage now only affect your first attack in the round
>Not necessarily all of them apparently
>They cannot universalize the maneuver save DC to keep the early debuff strikes relevant for a number of annoying logistics issues, BUT there might be room to officially publish it as an 'optional' rule

On the whole, it hurts some, but makes sense.
>>
>>53273499
It's not hard to be smarter than the loyal breeding bitch of a hound!
>>
>>53273463
Thanks for letting me know C:

I've never been a fan of primal fury so i'm interested in seeing its changes.

As for broken blade, my steelfist commando is currently using it but I'm sure I can just change to chimera soul if it's made useless.
>>
Which PoW disciplines have the least number of maneuvers that rely on discipline skill checks?
>>
>>53273558
Golden Lion, Primal Fury and Iron Tortoise hardly ever use them.
>>
>>53273382
A fairly significant number of the apps aren't trained killers, off the top of my head

Pristiess Sybille has defended herseld on the road a couple times with nonviolent sleep magic. Merlynns done nothing. Catdoctor has probably done nothing very violent, just a healer. Tiefling doctor has almost certainly done nothing. That rat wizard is just a wizard. Amalthea has only learned martial arts for excercise and has never used them. And Im probably missing a few.
>>
>>53273529
After hearing that story, I've come to realize that I can no longer make characters with animal companions, or else I'll be accused of harbouring a bestiality fetish.
>>
>>53273558
Iron Tortoise and Unquiet Grave don't use their discipline skill at all.
They might as well not even have one.

Golden Lion has 1 and Primal Fury has 2.
>>
>>53273478
>Out of everyone Adrian on the surface has one of the most mundane reasons to be on the boat.

Who are the top three characters with surface-level "mundane" reasons to go to Eleder? Who are the top three with the most mundane *actual* reasons for going?
>>
>>53273580
Caleni hasn't killed anything before, but she sure knows how!
>>
>>53273558
I've barely seen them in Cursed Razor, unquiet grave, and riven hourglass.

All personal opinion of course.
>>
>>53273502
>>53273535
Its not out yet, so chill.

No buffs, main focus is on the re-writes of broken blade and primal fury, as well as fixing bad and nonfunctional wording, and more minor changes to scarlet throne

thats it. Thats all its doing.
>>
>>53273582
>I've come to realize that I can no longer make characters with animal companions, or else I'll be accused of harbouring a bestiality fetish

And then you can accuse them of being filthy smut-fags with their heads in the toilet. As long as it's obvious your Ranger girl isn't bending over for her wolf, it's fine.
>>
Oh.

Well then.

Hope Plat gets himself under control.
>>
File: 1465528990358.jpg (390KB, 528x750px) Image search: [Google]
1465528990358.jpg
390KB, 528x750px
>>53273463
>>53273507
So we all rely on PoW:E for our overpowered stances (ELEMENTAL FLUX STANCE!) and maneuvers now, right?
>>
>>53273614
Yup, until that errata comes out 5 years from now
>>
>>53273614
I personally prefer things like Aura of shared Misery, God of the hourglass and laughing Demilich attitude.

Damage, utility and defense in 3 neat packages
>>
>>53273574
Golden Lion has only one, in fact, even if it's pretty good (Diplomacy check against an attack to negate it, even on allies).
>>
>>53273582

Now you know why so many wierd girls are into wolves and huskies
>>
>>53273607
Just see if the dog gets into the position when you put the two together. That's how they did it in medieval times.

It's on the Wikipedia zoophilia page.

I...How do I know that? N-No I mean...I...
>>
>>53273657
At least it's not horses.
>>
>>53273614
To be fair, PoW:E doesn't have as many problems with broken strong disciplines, outside of the disaster that is Elemental Flux.

Even the stronger disciplines like riven aren't like, Broken Blade tier.
>>
File: aeqeeqw1213.gif (1MB, 310x434px) Image search: [Google]
aeqeeqw1213.gif
1MB, 310x434px
>>53273582

Oh, don't be silly, anon. It's easy to have animal friends and for it to not be weird.
>>
>>53273657
DON'T JUDGE ME
>>
>>53273657
...They have taste?
>>
>>53273582
Untrue, DHB made a character with animal companions and he wasn't accused.
>>
>>53273678
Anon... Why are you reading up on bestiality?
>>
>>53273535
I've never seen anybody discuss Chimera Soul and Unquiet Grave. Are they any good?
>>
>>53273688
Elemental Flux, to me, seems like they were assuming the user would be getting screwed by resistance frequently, but then they added the ability to trivially change your active element so the only thing that shits on an EF disciple is something that's resistant to everything.
>>
>>53273688
I'd say that is true if you're looking at it from an offensive standpoint.

Breaking the action economy to get multiple Heavenly Blade of the scarlet throne, or other save or suck maneuvers,

Or just dropping absolutely massive gobs of AoE with stuff like proper stance swapping for Aura of Shared Misery shenanigans that make +3 damage per dice sorcs feel bad.
>>
>>53273614
>>53273688
I'm new to PoW, what about Elemental Flux is problematic in particular? Is it just the damage output? I never seen it mentioned like I have Broken Blade and Primary Fury.
>>
>>53273729
I can't find a copy of Lords of the Wild (though haven't looked very hard). No clue on CS.
Unquiet grave is quite solid, though you feel somewhat stiffed if you're a non-undead using it because of all the "if you're undead, ..." riders.
>>
>>53273709
.........Getting....Trivia...For...Medieval...Setting............?
>>
>>53273679

Rory spotted

>>53273700

Glorianon spotted

>>53273702

Other generic furry spotted
>>
>>53273730
>>53273752

No, E-flux is shite design for two reasons

1. Overpacked stances like E-flux stance, a bit high in the damage numbers overall

2. The fact that its tied to a fucking CLASS FEATURE like what the fuck were they thinking

Note that you can now trivially change energy type on Solar Wind with the variable wind feat
>>
>>53273730
Most cr 14+ outsiders?

>>53273729
I love unquiet grave, mostly for the defensive level 8 stance. Undead immunities without undead penalties? And a fly speed boost? gimme gimme. Also a 25% hp no save execute and bleed immunity ignoring bleed on the 9th level strike.

Lower level stuff is good too
>>
>>53273777
I'm not Glorianon, just a degenerate
>>
>>53273758
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?479603-Dreamscarred-Press-Introduces-Lords-of-the-Wild-The-Playtest!

Here you go, enjoy.
>>
File: 1481361869548.jpg (100KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
1481361869548.jpg
100KB, 640x800px
>>53273688

Shattered Mirror is fucking nuts with psionics/spellcasting.
>>
>>53273779
>People still thinking Animus is needed to make E Flux usable

Without it, you're losing out on the... what, +2d6 damage compared to the [weapon damage+8d6] the strike gives you?

Compared to Mithral Current without Mixed Combat, it's barely a scratch in power difference.
>>
File: kingmaker-building.jpg (162KB, 1680x1120px) Image search: [Google]
kingmaker-building.jpg
162KB, 1680x1120px
What's the first thing you'd build in a kingdom, /pfg/?

A castle, to house your followers and hoard your treasures?
An inn, to attract travelers and other adventurers?
A smithy or laboratory, to build great wonders and make the world envious?
>>
>>53273085

TSS Meme Apps in 30 seconds!

Cornelius - The first thing I thought of when I heard of a meme-Serpent's Skull game. It's well executed and nails the balance between being funny, without being a joke character. I'd like there to be a bit more to him, but it's personal preference.

Aurelian - It's CaptainSlow playing the only character he ever does. Yet another heavily muscled ZS Warder, with a bit more in his past than he's letting on. He's got this archetype down to a science, so much that the only way to accurately discuss it is in the context of his other apps. And by that metric, this one feels like it's been phoned in. Every other variation of this character has some hook to make the party interested in them/their struggles. This guy has... nothing. He only cares about money, with "I want to belong" tacked on at the end. It might be time to take a break from this particular well, at least for a little while.

Priscilla - Sesquipedalian loquaciousness doesn't save the character from an utter lack of substance. She's just one more in the string of generic naive waifu bait characters /pfg/ seems to love so much. I'm disappointed, this author can do better.

Simi - Not a fan. The character is a pair of angel wings and a white tiger away from being a case study in how to write a Mary Sue. Her backstory touches on some BIG ideas, then discards them, and her personality feels incomplete. Once again, the author can do better.

Syra - B O S S. For an obvious shitpost, it's pretty funny. 10/10.

Adrian - Not a bad concept, though the devil is in the execution. Like all of DHB's characters it's probably too dark for the game. Since I can't see many of these characters willingly associating themselves with him if they find out his identity. Hell, some of them would probably kill him outright. Playing the insane variant of CE in a non-evil campaign is hella difficult, and the line about needing to medicate himself to "stay docile" doesn't inspire much confidence.
>>
File: tenor.gif (4MB, 497x280px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
4MB, 497x280px
>>53273657

I thought it was because huskies are big, happy, dumb goober dogs.
>>
>>53273823
But mixed combat isn't a fucking class feature
>>
>>53273815
Never played a shattered mirror user, what about the discipline synergizes so well with castertypes?
>>
>>53273847
Tap Animus is a feat, anon.
It's not hard to use, and gives you enough Animus unless you're spamming Elemental Flux every turn.
>>
>>53273688
Cursed Razor with Aura of Shared Misery
Shattered Mirror with Reflective Blade Style, Double Team, and Mirror Demon's Waltz
Riven Hourglass's Gift of Time, Temporal Body Adjustment, and all its other shenanigans
>>53273849
You can basically spread around buffs, debuffs around all the place, even Personal ones.
>>
File: skeletal_chaika.png (103KB, 600x539px) Image search: [Google]
skeletal_chaika.png
103KB, 600x539px
>>53273610
Everything's under control
>>
>>53273529
H-hey, that was one of them sneak attack dogs!
>>
>>53273865
Its still overall bad design to have a discipline need the use of a class specific resource pool

comparing to sleeping goddess, which while it also is fairly class specific, uses a sub-system based resource pool, and thus I'm willing to give it a lot more slack

I think it'd be just as dumb to have a grit based discipline or something, I just don't think its a good choice overall
>>
File: Falconia.jpg (277KB, 1175x433px) Image search: [Google]
Falconia.jpg
277KB, 1175x433px
>>53273829
The castle, of course.
>>
/pfg/, in your opinions, which TSS characters vape?
>>
File: tiefling.png (100KB, 290x262px) Image search: [Google]
tiefling.png
100KB, 290x262px
You can't escape me, even with a new thread.

>>53273740
Name: Olu Dasra
Race: Pitborn Tiefling
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Class and archetypes: Tyrant/Dread Vanguard Antipaladin of Asmodeus (Archetypes not set in stone)
Role: Frontliner

>Story: He finds relics for Asmodeus.

This app left me feeling confused and violated. On the one hand it's literally 2 lines of text and skirts the threshold of being edgy and cringy. On the other hand there's no useless fuzz. You know what this character is about and what he wants. It's also tied into the campaign.

Not much to criticize since there's not much given.

I'd atleast briefly consider this dude as a DM because he seems like he could be a cool, no-nonsense guy; but I would want a backstory and a personality to make an actual opinion. Maybe a bit too serious for this campaign?
>>
>>53273884

Must have been a hell of an acid spray.
>>
If you played an unchained summoner, would you take on a psychopomp as your eidolon and snuggle with it every night?
>>
File: thinking really hard.png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
thinking really hard.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
>Use Augunas's Unchained Ninja
>Apply Hidden Blade rogue archetype to it with a little homebrew (init modifier to Charisma, maybe give it access to steel serpent over shattered mirror)
>This character now sits firmly in the design space between Urogue, Umonk, Stalker, and Warlord
>Aka, something nobody ever asked for
>>
>>53273952
Keep it comin'
>>
File: 1465832928887.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1465832928887.gif
3MB, 500x281px
>>53273884
>>
>>53273969
Legendary Rogue is still better than Unchained Rogue and Ninja
>>
>>53273614
Why do you even WANT overpowered shit? Just to ruin the fun of everyone else, and get it banned at the table holistically?
>>
File: [CAN'T WAKE UP].png (156KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
[CAN'T WAKE UP].png
156KB, 270x270px
GALT CAMPAIGN WHEN?

I'VE GOT A CONCEPT I REALLY, REALLY WANT TO TRY AND IT FITS LIKE A GLOVE IN GALT.
>>
>>53274010
I like unchained ninja! Style Strikes was an inspired addition!
>>
Be serious /pfg/. What would your character do after finding out that your kindly middle aged expedition linguist has been a serial killer the entire time who racked up a big body count back in Magnimar?
>>
>>53273829
Castle, to signal to all across the land that you are the master of all you survey and that they would be foolish to stand against you!
>>
Rolled 2 (1d13)

>>53273952

>1: Innser Tpunn Ame, Dwarf Fighter
>2: Zotos, Human Unchained Summoner
>3: Ian Hale, Human Magus
>4: Lucid Redhand, Human Bard
>5: Proditonne, Kobold "Marital"
>6: Eudora Meade, furry aasimar Zealot
>7: TBD, TBD/Fill
>8: Kozuni, Gnoll "Psionic equivalent of the DOOM Marine"
>9: Maine Aruki, Gnoll Unchained Monk
>10: Leovin Vinsu, Tiefling Unchained Rogue
>11: Tetya, Catfolk Oracle
>12: Maslan Fior, Aasimar Swashbuckler
>13: Kaidyn, Kobold Gunslinger
>>
>>53274038
THUVIAN SECRET POLICE
>>
>>53274033
Style strikes feel super tacked on, and the fact that it does not appear as though they can use flying kick means they still have shit mobility
>>
>>53273835
What is it with DHB and making characters that are always too dark or depressing for games? I just don't understand; he did it for RotJR, for Hell's Rebels, for Hell's Vengeance, and now for Trouser Serpent's Skull.
>>
>>53274038
Clap him in irons and make sure he sees a fair trial.
>>
>>53274038
literally what are you talking about
>>
>>53274038
My current character would have no reason to have been on the expedition in the first place. So, leave like he should have before the boat set sail.
>>
>>53273835
I really like Adrian. I'd love to be in his group. It would be really fun drama!
>>
>>53274055
Maybe he's depressed
>>
>>53274010
Legendary rogue is a class?
>>
>>53274020

But anon, Galt is generally held up as an example of why Chaotic-aligned governments are super shitty. What possible reason could your bold heroes have to acknowledge it exists?
>>
>>53274038
Knife in the dark, followed by a short drop over the side. Ain't no one got time for that shit.
>>
>>53274050
I think the only style strikes they're unable to use would be flying kick its more just a neat flavory addition to their combat thats nice
>>
>>53274038
I have not applied, but I think the only true solution would be to let him loose to hunt him down through the wild like a fox hunt
>>
>>53274089
To reclaim it for its rightful nobility, of course.
>>
Does anyone got a download for Kineticist of Porphyra IV?
>>
>>53273835
What about the furries?
>>
>>53273914
>Animus isn't a subsystem
>>
>>53274116

But anon, that's even worse! Next you'll be saying you'll hold Chaotic-aligned NPCs responsible for instating the use of soul-devouring guillotines and make them stand trial for crimes against humanity!
>>
>>53274038
If he's been helpful and hasn't killed anybody? One warning that he's going to get a summary execution if he kills anyone.

*Maybe* say I'll offer to put in a good word for him and get him committed to somewhere humane. But that's only if he's become a friend. Otherwise, I make it clear that he's going to be taken back to Magnimar and turned over to the law once we get out of the jungle.
>>
>>53274166
Its not, its a class feature, like grit
>>
>>53274038
The savage, predatory urges she might've felt were no lie, so she's actually vindicated. It also makes him more attractive, since he moonlights as a virile hunter of men and women.
>>
File: 1466138133553.png (3KB, 184x172px) Image search: [Google]
1466138133553.png
3KB, 184x172px
>>53273398
Are they going to address if you can counter something that you're unaware of? For example, Deflect Arrows has the line
>You must be aware of the attack and not flat-footed.
Which implies that being aware or an incoming attack is a separate thing from being flat-footed against that thing. Will the PoW counters have this too, or are they going to remain usable against an invisible sniper firing a bow from a zone or silence 1000 feet away?
>>
>>53274081
aaaaa I want to snuggle DHB!
>>
>>53274177
You can feat into both, and you can feat into Animus a lot more effectively.

Other things you can feat into include Spheres, Psionics, and Initiation.

Also, how is 'take Tap Animus for better Eflux' different to 'take variable wind for better solar wind'?
>>
>>53274145
What about them?
>>
>>53274108
>>53274091
>>53274063
Anyone who wants to turn him in yet has no qualms with murdering swaths of natives in Mwagni is a hypocrite.
>>
>>53273969
>Augunas's Unchained Ninja
wait what now?
>>
>>53273762
What sort of trivia requires knowing how peasant girls got fucked by dogs?
>>
>>53274227
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/unchained-classes/rogue-unchained/alternate-classes/everyman-gaming-unchained-ninja/
>>
>>53274038
Honestly makes him 10x more attractive.

>tfw he changes to his vigilante identity mid coitus
>>
>>53274200
Counters are immediate actions.
You can't take them while flat footed.
You're flat footed to any attack you're unaware of.

There you are.
>>
>>53274218
Who said anything about turning him in? I'm just getting him before he gets me.
>>
>>53274216
What do you think of them?
>>
>>53273911
The only sneak attack Gloriana got in that encounter was liking it as much as she did!
>>
>>53274038
Apply justice Hellknight style: A gruesome public execution probably involving lashing and bonebreaking before snuffing out his life.
>>
Oh boy I sure can't wait for the errata to mean people knee-jerk ban a discipline that actually has cool flavor potential solely because it has a couple problem elements. Surely this won't be endlessly frustrating.
>>
>>53274242
Isn't that what Valeriya does with the Videravn?
>>
>>53274276
what?
>>
>>53274280
How would that even work?
>>
>>53274246
>You're flat footed to any attack you're unaware of.
No you're not. You're flat-footed if you haven't attacked yet in combat, or a few other effects (like feinting). Being unaware doesn't make you flat-footed. You aren't counted as flat-footed if an invisible enemy attacks you, you're just denied your dex.
>>
>>53274247
The rest of the party also murders dozens of people in front of you. Plan on doing the same to them?
>>
>>53274246
>>53274326
Disregard that, I suck cocks. Feinting doesn't make the target flat-footed.
>>
>>53274349
>I suck cocks
You just got me interested in your discussion. Hello.
>>
>>53274280
No, just does a tie-down to cut-down routine:
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/52780582/#52781098
>>
>>53274267
Luckily, she's learned her lesson. Turning over a new leaf, going the Pure route. Only smooching Cashmere
>>
>>53274381
You can never go pure after a fucking dog knocks you up.
>>
>>53274337
Presumably they're not murdering people, they're acting in self-defense.
>>
>>53274406
>knocks you up
Are you implying she also got prego
>>
>>53274426
Wait... Did she? I was just emphasizing how gross that encounter was.
>>
>>53274406
>>53274426
>The real Diamond Dog was inside you all along
>>
Aaaaaaah

My players are planning cute dates together! And kissing!

This is forbidden love!
>>
>>53274412
The majority of adventures, including Serpent Skull have you taking the initiative on the fight a good portion of the time. Unless we're going to call it 'preemptive self defense' you're being profiteering mercenaries.
>>
>>53274377
Wait is that for real?
>>
>>53274447
Certainly is in a public app.
>>
>>53274465
There's no way the adventure forces you to murder people, else only evil characters could play it.
>>
>>53274238
This is...not that bad to be honest. Kinda more of a dipping class though to get Finesse Training and the Ki Pool bonus on a stronger full BAB class, Still, its kinda meh. Though at least you can get running on water early, which can be nice depending on the game. The actual ammount of Ki you get is also looking a bit hungry

Though the fact you can't get Finesse on Kusarigama and other ninja weapons is UNFORGIVURABRU
>>
>>53274471
No anon, one of the replies to that post points out that the artwork isn't one that Sappy ever used.
>>
>>53274089
BUT I WANT TO PLAY A FRENCH WOLFMAN
>>
File: f008.jpg (353KB, 869x858px) Image search: [Google]
f008.jpg
353KB, 869x858px
>>53274463

What's so forbidden about that?
>>
>>53274463
The strong must take the weak into themselves, their power forfeit to protect the womb of the Dark Scion
>>
>>53274463
Wubu pls go, you knew this would happen.
>>
>>53274555
Sauce on that?
>>
>>53274504
Forces? No.

Expect you to and has the vast majority of PCs do so? Yes.

You kill a fuck ton of people in Serpent's Skull. It's not as bad as some other APs though.
>>
>>53274544
Why not just play a Galtan Skinwalker in Andoran then?
>>
>>53274569

It's from the Overlord mango.
>>
>>53274563
I wanna plan a date with _Oleg!
>>
>>53274043
>Zotos
>The guy who had to link a PDF for his backstory

Here we go
>>
>>53274426

Vult confirmed: you either get a mutation or a pregnancy.

Gloriana hasn't mutated.

>>53274453

VIER ORIGINS
>>
>>53274579
Because there aren't any campaigns that figure into Andoran either!

>>53274594
Isn't he happily married?
>>
>>53274544

Would you play a paladin? Because that sounds like new best friend/drinking buddy material to me.
>>
>>53274610
>happily married
Some people have "raped by a dog" in their backstory

You think that's gonna stop them?

kek
>>
>>53274610
>Because there aren't any campaigns that figure into Andoran either!
Fuck my shit right up, Fampai!
>>
>>53274610
>Isn't he happily married?

Not for loooong~
>>
>>53274555
THAT'S ADORABLE I MUST KNOW ITS SOURCE
>>
>>53274620

That wasn't in the backstory.

That happened in-game with the GM and a player, man.
>>
>>53274649
Someone already asked for the source and someone else already answered.

Read more, anon-senpai-desu
>>
>>53274638
>loooong~
>~

Are you some sort of female
>>
>>53274654
Well, okay. But how much does it change the point?
>>
>>53274638
Let's work together, you go for Oleg and I'll go after Svetlana. We'll tear them apart for the sake of loooove~
>>
>>53274600
>VIER ORIGINS

This is a pun so impossible to explain outside of recent pfg culture but it's amazing.
>>
>>53274616
I would, anon. I would play the hell out of that, with a light snarl to his obnoxious accent!
>>
>>53274696

You're welcome
>>
>>53274691
>>53274663
STOP, THIS IS NOT OKAY
>>
So I'm playing a brute|barbarian gestalt with 18 natural con. I need to know how big my chatacter's dick is while in brute form. How would I figure that out? My character is a ulfen human.
>>
>>53274629
I just want a campaign based around the Andoran election process as their current guy steps down from his pseudo-kingship.
>>
>>53274736
17 inches
>>
>>53274736

You can't measure something that doesn't exist.
>>
>>53274736
Take whatever you think and halve it. Roids aren't good for you, man.
>>
>>53274600
>Vult confirmed: you either get a mutation or a pregnancy.
They're mutually exclusive? Now I'm sad we won't get an egg scene with Temera.
>>
Can't wait for the Zotos review. That at least is going to be worth reading.
>>
>>53274785
Cashmere is egg pregnant AND has cat mutations, so there has to be some sort of leeway there.
>>
How do I stat out Raoh? Steelfist Commando|Slayer 20?
>>
>>53274785
>>53274794

These are distinct from actual pregnancy.

In one, the eggs are merely deposited. In the other, it simply guarantees a pregnancy must happen in the future.
>>
Rolled 3, 1, 4 + 6 = 14 (3d6 + 6)

>>53274736
>>
>>53274506
I mean its like Unchained Rogue, a straight upgrade overall but still kind of weak because of its base chassis

Really fun looking to play though.
>>
>>53274736
Your dick stays the same but your testicles shrink.
>>
File: Pay no attention.jpg (68KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Pay no attention.jpg
68KB, 720x960px
>>53273709
>>53273678
You would not believe the things I research in pursuit of the art.
>>
>>53274824
Sadly, that's...

Well as an artist myself, that's both accurate and relevant.
>>
>>53274811
Lame. If manticores can deposit eggs, drakes should be able to too. Put eggs in the dragon girl.
>>
>>53274691
Wonderful! I'll massage his coin purse until he's like putty in the hand!
>>
File: pastedImage0.png (659KB, 564x916px) Image search: [Google]
pastedImage0.png
659KB, 564x916px
Rolled 3 (1d12)

>>53274595
I actually got sidetracked for a moment. But I was looking forward to this one.

>>53274043
Name: Zotos
Race: Human
Alignment: True Nuetral
Class and archetypes: Unchained Summoner
Role: Backliner (Summoner)/Frontliner (Eidolon)

>Story: Born specifically to be host to a demon. Was also trained for this purpose. EMOTIONLESS. When Zotos turned 20 they start to put the demon in him. Paladins raid the place, demon protects him but is weakened. Weakened demon makes a pact with Zotos. Zotos doesn't eject the demon and the demon helps him in turn. Zotos is trying to find out what it means to live. Paladins are still on his ass.

This one is a weird one. He links a power point presentation for his character. A power point presentation. It's actually not a bad idea. It gives all the character information in an easily viewable format. But for some reason the mere idea of it feels incredibly autistic, but I can't pinpoint why.

Either way. This dude is edge and anime incarnate. The general idea of the backstory isn't too bad, but its portrayal is so edgy I can't take it seriously. The fact his character is "emotionless" and "trying to find what it means to live" don't help this at all either. It just feels like this guy really is 13 and just finished watching Darker than Black before applying. It does seem salvagable if he toned down the edge and anime, but to accomplish that he'd need to change every single sentence.

One more before I go to bed:
>2: Ian Hale, Human Magus
>3: Lucid Redhand, Human Bard
>4: Proditonne, Kobold "Marital"
>5: Eudora Meade, furry aasimar Zealot
>6: TBD, TBD/Fill
>7: Kozuni, Gnoll "Psionic equivalent of the DOOM Marine"
>8: Maine Aruki, Gnoll Unchained Monk
>9: Leovin Vinsu, Tiefling Unchained Rogue
>10: Tetya, Catfolk Oracle
>11: Maslan Fior, Aasimar Swashbuckler
>12: Kaidyn, Kobold Gunslinger
>>
>>53274794
Wait, aren't Cashmere's eggs only in her butt?
>>
>>53274775
>>53274819
Barbarian and Brute aren't roids, that's alchemist.
>>
>>53274912
Butt pregnancy is a thing.
>>
>>53274875
>Role: Backliner (Summoner)/Frontliner (Eidolon)
I wonder if archers/blasters count as sideliners.
>>
>>53274875
>One more before I go to bed:
>Rolls one with two sentences.

Kekku~
>>
File: 1235123.png (123KB, 243x243px) Image search: [Google]
1235123.png
123KB, 243x243px
>>53274858
The home-wrecker is accursed in the eyes of gods and men, if you make him stray for Svetlana there will be no happy ending for you!
>>
>>53273835
I apologise in advance for adding to this tired topic, I tried asking for clarification in the discord first but you must not watch it. But could you expand on what you mean by Priscilla lacking substance?

I ask because your criticism strikes pretty close to my intent writing her. I saw the "string of generic naive waifu bait characters /pfg/ seems to love so much" and decided I wanted to see if I was capable of writing a character with that appeal, which is normally outside my purview. However, I also agree that such characters generally suffer from a lack of substance, and so also wanted to see if I could write one wih versimilitude and depth without breaking tone or turning it into a deconstruction.

So I thought I did a decent job of fleshing out her emotions, perspective, and thoughts to a believable level, while also giving her the too often missing trappings of a believable role in the world and a coherent history.

Ill admit the "Sesquipedalian loquaciousness" was probably a mistake. As I said in, I think, the last thread, it was just me throwing sentences down without thinking and to build momentum for a character Im not used to writing. It was meant to set a silly tone, but many people have now commented that it just sounds pretentious, so Ill probably rewrite it.

Ill also take this post to say Im sorry, the character was, as I said, basically written as an attempt to push certain buttons, which was clearly not as charming an idea as I thought going into it.

Anyway sorry again if this come across wrong, as I said, its just that your specific critique is pretty important to my understanding of how I did.

Typing on phone, sorry if there are any typos.
>>
>>53274971
There's no happy ending for anyone. You either end miserably or live on forever!
>>
>>53274992
>>53274971
Oh no, "they're" back.
>>
File: med.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
med.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
Rolled 8 (1d11)

>>53274875
Name :Lucid Redhand
Race: Human
Alignment:Neutral Good
Class: Arcane Healer Bard (possibly using amateur gunslinger feat)
Role: Healer/ranged attacker
Appearance:

>Story: A healer who is extremely protective of her patients. Has taken to adventuring as a way to prevent people from getting hurt by actively hunting down monsters before they cause injuries.

This is literally it. This is not a synopsis of mine. This is literally this person's entire app. Not much to criticize here except for the lack of literally everything. I don't want to shittalk the picture too much because I feel like it's self-drawn and that atleast deserves more respect than stealing art like everyone else, but it really looks bad.

The little personality we get could be promising if it's expanded upon. It's a bit hilarious to have a pathfinder healer realize in character it's more effective to kill people than to heal. However, I feel like being "overprotective" of patients can get a bit cringy depending on how extremely it's played out.

Either way this one doesn't count. ANOTHA ONE.

>2: Ian Hale, Human Magus
>3: Proditonne, Kobold "Marital"
>4: Eudora Meade, furry aasimar Zealot
>5: TBD, TBD/Fill
>6: Kozuni, Gnoll "Psionic equivalent of the DOOM Marine"
>7: Maine Aruki, Gnoll Unchained Monk
>8: Leovin Vinsu, Tiefling Unchained Rogue
>9: Tetya, Catfolk Oracle
>10: Maslan Fior, Aasimar Swashbuckler
>11: Kaidyn, Kobold Gunslinger
>>
>>53274987

Dude, just accept that you got a bad review.

You're making yourself seem really thin skinned and desperate by continuously defending yourself against a bad review here.
>>
>>53275011
Don't you mean (((they're))) back?
>>
>>53275013
FUCK, of course I had to roll the longest one.
>>
>>53275017
The point of reviews is not to be taken as a word of God. Anyone should defend their work. Do you realize nobody else would?

(Not that I give a shit about TSS)
>>
>>53273707
That's because the character was a monkey and the animal companion was a monkey and the familiar was a monkey and the betrothed was a monkey and they all had guns and lived in a barrel.

It wasn't bestiality, it was normal monkeysex.
>>
>>53275048
Also rape
>>
>>53275058

He's given this rant twice already.

A reviewanon who can't take his own medicine is just an exposed self-shill who should gtfo
>>
>when you're in too many games and your can't apply to anymore but you're overflowing with CONCEPTS
ahh
>>
File: 1377704271144.jpg (16KB, 700x359px) Image search: [Google]
1377704271144.jpg
16KB, 700x359px
>>53273582
How many /pfg/ characters have even been seriously accused of fucking animals? Like, the PLD squad is the only one that seems to be consistently tied up in that particular knot, but literally nobody else in any of the other games have that stigma.
>>
>>53275085
>When you think reviewers would love your old concepts but you want to play the brand new one right now
mf
>>
>>53275101
FotJR?
>>
>>53275109
Etan was and will be in human form whenever he gets involved in those kinds of shenanigans, it doesn't really count.
>>
>>53275109
Gnolls are humanoid. Furries, not animals. It's still fucking weird, but it's not the same.
>>
>>53275109
>>53275125
I don't consider any of you humans to begin with
>>
>>53275101
Has anyone screwed Rinka? She's a ratfolk, i'm pretty sure that qualifies as bestiality.
>>
>>53275101
Do dragons count as animals?
>>
>>53275101
>PLD squad

Are we a gang?
>>
>>53275143
Only in their dragon forms, same with Winter Wolves and Greta.
>>
>>53275017
I didnt mean to sound insulted, rathee, Im interested in hearing more on that bad review because it runs contrary to my expectations and I want to potentially earn from it.

>>53275080
This is the first time Ive said this, aside from the big words part, which wasnt central to my point anyway.

And when I review I always am open to discussion afterwords, I think your hostility is misplaced.

But this isnt going to go anywhere, Ill stop posting and just hope the reviewanon sees my request differently.
>>
So, is this what adding PoW to your game looks like?
https://youtu.be/AFNGRWGjB3c
>>
File: 1456620812569.png (10KB, 320x310px) Image search: [Google]
1456620812569.png
10KB, 320x310px
>>53275101
I remember, not too long ago, when the only response to this question would be jokes about Lini the Gnome and her familiar, or Greta.
>>
>>53275173
I see it as this.
>>
>>53275125
Well what about offscreen? Surely he's been busy before the game began. A century is a long time, surely he found a nice vixen at least once?
>>
>>53275143
It should, but dragons are above the laws of gods and men, and thus subject to their own whims and whimsy.

>>53275200
That's really weird since he's sapient, but it doesn't truly count since he's still a fox in fox form banging a fox.
>>
>>53275227
Can't he speak to foxes too. So its alright
>>
How do you all think the new shifter class is going to be?
>>
>>53275080
He's explaining his thought process and motivation behind writing the character. He even admits he may have made a mistake and will change it. What part of that is not responding well to criticism?
>>
>>53275173
>>53275199
Don't kid yourself. It's the Skyrim video.
>>
>>53275249
worse than the spheres shifter
>>
>>53275199
So what Disciplines are at work here? Because it looks like this is just something any character can do with a couple of lucky rolls.
>>
>>53275282
muh od zs warder
>>
>>53275282
None, he's a Warder (ZS) doing a full-attack against enemies entering his Zone of Control.
>>
>>53274987
>So I thought I did a decent job of fleshing out her emotions, perspective, and thoughts to a believable level, while also giving her the too often missing trappings of a believable role in the world and a coherent history.

See, that's where we disagree. I will agree that you spent a great deal of time and effort trying to explain how/why she's nice, and that one aspect makes sense. But that's ultimately just doubling down on a single concept, without actually answering the important questions about the character.

I'm pressed for time, so I won't go into as much detail as I would like, but I feel like you've zeroed in on one aspect of her personality, to the detriment of every other part. Which is a death sentence for any attempts at verisimilitude, because having a personality that monolithic is ultimately unbelievable.

You add depth to a character by making them more than just an archetype, not by fully embracing the archetype.
>>
>>53275249
It could go either way. All I know is the Ultimate whatever nature book that its going to be in is going to be a disapointment
>>
>>53275173
Nah, it'd be this video posted before.

https://youtu.be/QWwmqHGYHus?t=3m4s
>>
>>53275280
Will it just be a shitty druid with no spells and a high bab?
>>
File: Android Bard.jpg (159KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
Android Bard.jpg
159KB, 894x894px
Bumping this again!

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77656/pathfinders-iron-gods
>>
>>53275246
>0 handle animal ranks
>no actual mechanic to speak with animals

how does that even work
>>
>>53275322
So far that's what paizo has said. Full BAB, no spells, just turning into stuff to rip and tear. Honestly it sounds rather like using Chimera Soul, but maybe this version will just be a given creature for a bit.
>>
>>53275347
>that shitty char gen
>and has flaked before
No way, Jose.
>>
>>53273398
What a shitty OP picture

t. newfag
>>
>>53275362
Oh for that kind of thing you roll charisma...
>>
>>53274785
>Temera
Temera isn't anyone. Temeria, with an i, is the player, and Cierra is the character.
>>
>>53275347
>That art

Cute!
>>
>>53275320
Man, when did Team America get such a god special effects budget?
>>
File: What is that I see.jpg (121KB, 359x305px) Image search: [Google]
What is that I see.jpg
121KB, 359x305px
>>53275381
ain't that a shame
>>
>>53275316
Thanks for responding. Yeah I see where you are coming from, Ill try to weigh that against the desired tone next time I go over it.
>>
>>53273735

How does the aura of shared misery stuff work?
>>
>>53275347
>https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77656/pathfinders-iron-gods
"Alchemist: Clone Master; Vivisectionist
Arcanist: White Mage
Barbarian: Mad Dog; Pack Rager; True Primitive
Bard: Averaka Arbiter; Geisha; Lotus Geisha
Bloodrager: Id Rager
Cavalier: Daring General; Wave Rider
Cleric: Elder Mythos Cultist
Druid: Aquatic Druid; Blight Druid; Death Druid; Devolutionist; Kraken Caller; Life Channeler; Pack Lord; Urushiol
Fighter: Dragonheir Scion; Druman Blackjacket; Molthuni Defender; Trench Fighter; Weapon Bearer Squire
Gunslinger: Buccaneer; Gun Tank; Gunner Squire; Siege Gunner; Wyrm Sniper
Hunter: Packmaster
Inquisitor: Monster Tactician; Reaper of Secrets; Sacred Huntmaster; Vampire Hunter; Witch Hunter
Investigator: Cypher; Dread Investigator; Hallucinist; Lepidstadt Investigator; Major Domo; Psychic Detective
Kineticist: Dark Elementalist
Magus: Bladebound; Deep Marshall; Spire Defender
Medium: Fiend Keeper
Mesmerist: Cult Master; Gaslighter; Hate-Monger; Toxitician
Monk: Invested Regent; Ironskin Monk; Scaled Fist; Terra-Cotta Monk;
Occultist: Necroccultist; Panoply Savant; Silksworn
Oracle: Black-Blooded Oracle; Cyclopean Seer; Inerrent Voice
Paladin: Combat Healer Squire; Dusk Knight; Ghost Hunter; Soul Sentinel; Undead Scourge; Virtuoso Bravo
"

What?
>>
>>53275442
"Psychic: Psychic Duelist
Ranger: Cinderwalker; Dragon Hunter; Groom; Nirmathi Irregular; Sword-Devil; Toxophilite; Trophy Hunter; Witchguard; Yokai Hunter
Rogue: Bekyar Kidnapper; Consigliere; Driver; Guild Agent; Kintargo Rebel; Okeno Liberator; Pirate; Sapper; Snoop; Waylayer
Samurai: Sovereign Blade
Shaman: Draconic Shaman; Serendipity Shaman; True Silvered Throne
Skald: Bekyar Demon Dancer; Belkzen War Drummer
Slayer: Bloody Jake; Family Hunter; Sczarni Executioner; Witch Killer
Sorcerer: Cross-Blooded; Dragon Drinker; Sorcerer of Sleep
Spiritualist: Necrologist; Zeitgeist Binder
Summoner: Blood-God Disciple; Blood Summoner; Broodmaster; Master Summoner; Spirit Summoner; Story Summoner; Synthesist
Swashbuckler: Daring Infiltrator; Rondelero Swashbuckler
Vigilante: Bellflower Harvester; Brute; Cabalist; Dragonscale Loyalist; Magical Child; Serial Killer; Teisatsu
Warpriest: Divine Champion; Liberty’s Blade; Molthuini Arsenal Champion; Proselytizer
Witch: Cartomancer; Gingerbread Witch; Gravewalker; Sea Witch; Winter Witch; Witch-Watcher; Wyrm Witch
Wizard: Arcanamirium Crafter; Eldritch Mythos Scholar; Hallowed Necromancer; Instructor; Mage of the Veil; Pact Wizard; Siege Mage; Thassilonian Specialist; Undead Master"

Apparently this is all banned

So I say again

What?
>>
>>53275397
I think that's a HIdeaki Anno thing
>>
File: med (1).jpg (14KB, 327x449px) Image search: [Google]
med (1).jpg
14KB, 327x449px
>>53275013
>>53275048

Name: Leovin Vinsu
Race: Tiefling (elven tiefling)
Alignment: - Lawful Evil
Class and archetypes: Unchained rogue (Knife Master, Scout)
Role: Frontline (when the stealth comes undone), Scout and skill monkey.

>Tiefling rape baby. Has a friend but others bully him. Friend becomes paladin. Tiefling wants to become paladin too but realizes he's an evil abomination after he gets bullied more and his mother tells him he's a rape baby. Leaves home and does odd jobs until he finds his old friend having become a paladin and protecting a woman. Paladin and woman are beat up by tiefling ambushers. Leovin is offered to join the tiefling bandits. Bandits rape the woman. At some point Leovin later still feels restless and leaves the bandits.

I feel like the idea behind the story is pretty good. The writing style could be better. Rape is usually a redflag, especially if it's happening twice (and implications of more). But atleast here it's more or less off-screen and not expanded upon. There's a nice little irony with him being a rape baby abomination and the first important thing he does after leaving home is join a group of bandits that literally has rape in their motto. I do like the motto though ("Rape and reave but never reap" implying they don't kill people). It's creative.

There could've been a lot of room to give an insight into Leovin's mindset, in particular when he joins the bandits. That's a big lost opportunity and leaves the reader wondering about a lot of the choices. Most importantly why he joined the rape bandits instead of helping his friend. A segway into the main story at the end could've also done a lot for this character. Furthermore I feel like the fact the bullies got expelled after

Overall there's a complete lack of personality but I like it. It doesn't feel edgy, but dangerously skirting the borders. A good app. I'd rank it about the same as the Oni app, just below Sayashi.
>>
>>53275442

>Trench Fighter banned

NANI?
>>
>>53275347
>no 3pp
>that list of banned archetypes
Dammit I've always wanted to play IG but this is just silly
>>
>>53275431
Hit things with things that have mucho dice.
Tell your allies to do the same.
???
Profit!
>>
>>53275347
>1pp core races only
>1pp classes only, no requesting any 3pp

Its like you're TRYING not to get /pfg/ players
>>
>>53275442
>>53275448
I don't see why this is an issue. the GM went through the list and figured out what he doesn't want involved; there's a lot of stuff that just doesn't work so well for Iron Gods, and a lot of stuff a GM might not want to see just in general.
>>
>>53275448
I'm a newbie to Pathfinder, just got into it last week. But I can see that Cross-Blooded Sorcerer seems pretty broken. I also feel that way about Lore Oracle. [Spoiler]Which is why I'm going to play both.
>>
>>53275442
>>53275448
>>53275463
Looks like an elaborate way of saying "Only vanilla casters, no evil stuff and things fitting of Numeria only"

As for Trench Fighter I am guessing it is banned because it literally is an archetype found on Earth only fluff wise.
>>
>>53275347
>looks at char gen
>ok.jpg
I think I'll pass
>>
I need help, /pfg/.

I'm the only one in my group with any real degree of system mastery.
The first time we made characters, all as a group, GM asked me to tune down some things. Yeah, sure, that's perfectly alright. Tuned down the things he asked me to, we played a couple sessions, all was good.
>"Anon, I've been getting some complaints about your character, could you switch to a new one?"
Ok, sure. Made another, different character. Worked with the GM on parts of it.
>"Great, Anon. This is great, what I wanted you to make the first time."
Uh, ok, not sure why you OK'd the first one then. Whatever. Played another few sessions.
>"Anon, I've been getting some complaints about your character, could you switch to a new one?"
>"Great, Anon. This is great, what I wanted you to make the first time."
ok.jpg, another few sessions.
Well what fucking complaints, since none of these characters have been mechanically similar. I need to know what's bothering people if I'm going to avoid it.
>"They're anonymous complaints, so I can't really say."
>"And can you try to change characters less, it's making it hard to work you into the plot."

What the fuck do I do about this?
>>
>>53275448
>>53275442
Hahaha, hahahahahahahaha.

Fucking christ what a shit and nonsensical ban list.
>>
>>53275442
>Panoply Savant; Silksworn
>Trench Fighter, Dragonheir Scion,
>Monster Tactician, Sacred Huntmaster; Vampire Hunter; Witch Hunter
>Scaled Fist
>Virtuoso Bravo
And that's just this page!

I think this M is allergic to fun ideas and concepts
>>
>>53275458

Oops didn't finish that sentence.

>Furthermore I feel like the fact the bullies got expelled after
beating up a tiefling came a bit out of nowhere, even if the childhood-friend vouched for it. This could've been a great opportunity to build more underdog potential by having them just get a slap on the wrist.

Alas, I'm done for tonight. I'll probably do the rest tomorrow whether you like it or not since most of the big stuff is out of the way and this was surprisingly fun.
>>
>>53275458
Somehow, he's Lawful Evil.

Damn if you do Kozuni tomorrow, gib PM and I'll send you a biblefull of backstory
>>
>>53275503
>cross blooded sorcerers
>broken

Yeah you're a fucking newbie alright.

>>53275498
insane restrictions

>>53275511
Only garbage allowed
>>53275521
Madness
>>53275531
no fun allowed
>>
>>53275397
It's Taiwanese puppetry. A different show called Pili has been running there since '83, with 90 minute episodes and over 70 seasons. This particular video's what happens when a Japanese writer watches Pili and thinks that it'd be rad to do a collab.

>>53275455
Nah, it's Gen Urobuchi's writing combined with the work of Taiwanese puppeteers. Check it out, it's called Thunderbolt Fantasy.
>>
>>53275520
Punch him in the dick.
>>
File: 1492918674109.jpg (26KB, 600x418px) Image search: [Google]
1492918674109.jpg
26KB, 600x418px
>>53275520
Be more confrontational and less of a pushover.
>>
>>53275532
You do good reviews
>>
>>53275448
>NOT EVEN FUCKING EXPLOITER WIZARD

Ohohohohoh I've got an app for you buddy
>>
>>53275520
You tell him to eat a fat one and it's not fun for you to consistently be making new characters.
If the other members are complaining then they can change THEIR characters instead of pushing all the blame onto you.

It's not just for you to bite the bullet every time.
>>
File: Confused.png (65KB, 506x500px) Image search: [Google]
Confused.png
65KB, 506x500px
>>53275347
>>53275442
>>53275448
>mfw that ban list
>mfw at least 70% of the shit on that list is garbage, and only a quarter of the rest is remotely worth banning
>the image you use to advertise this clusterfuck is titled "Android Bard", when nobody in their right mind would play that
>walking in with a 1pp only campaign no less

Is this a joke
>>
>>53275579
We've had good reviewanons lately, ROaB reviewer was doing pretty good and helpful reviews too
>>
>>53275543
You know that being a bag of dicks doesn't make you right, right?
>>
File: 1494969568675.jpg (978KB, 1920x2485px) Image search: [Google]
1494969568675.jpg
978KB, 1920x2485px
>>53274600
>Gloriana hasn't mutated.

When is Gloriana going to finally nut up and become the killing machine she was born to be?
>>
File: 1473400679586.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1473400679586.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>53275543
>Yeah you're a fucking newbie alright.
What's some genuinely overpowered class configurations in this game? I'd like to know, to understand how the game works better. I don't know necessarily what's the most important aspects of Pathfinder yet.
>>
>>53275605
No, being right makes me right.
>>
>>53275619
Crossblooded loses spell-slots, and is thus garbage
>>
>>53275620
If you believe that, you can do it without being a terse, misanthropic asshat.
>>
>>53275647
Maybe you're on the wrong website, cunt

go back to >/reddit/
>>
File: 1476115041963.png (10KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1476115041963.png
10KB, 429x410px
>>53275635
But what if you have another favored class that you're taking all your levels in? You just take the level 1 in Sorcerer along with your other class and come back to Sorcerer if or when you reach 20 in your other class.
>>
>>53275635
Other anon here. Which Sorceror archetypes are better than vanilla sorc?
>>
>>53275619
A big ol' Will save penalty and fewer spells known overall is agony for anyone but the most one-trick-pony of sorcerers. If your idea of "overpowered" is "has a whole TWO BLOODLINE ARCANAS!" then you're being shortsighted. It's good for a pure blaster build on the basis that you can make your blasting damage sort of okay.
>>
>>53273346
This very question is why Sazra has high Bluff, reasonably good Perform (comedy), and is built around entirely improvised weapons. She can pratfall her way through combat, looking like a lucky doofus when she accidentally smacks somebody in the solar plexus with an umbrella and knocks them out while wildly flailing out of the way of other threats.
>>
>>53275665
>MULTICLASSING

>GOING BEYOND LEVEL 20

MY GOD HOW NEW ARE YOU

>>53275668
Tattooed is pretty legit for some weaker bloodlines

The broken archetype is False Priest, which gives you much more versatility.
>>
File: 20100216_kq6j.png (58KB, 850x306px) Image search: [Google]
20100216_kq6j.png
58KB, 850x306px
>>53275655
Well there's the thing. If you actually want people to listen to your opinion, you need to fulfill one of two things, and you're not doing either.
>>
>>53275697
Ok, yeah, seriously go back to /Reddit/ you fucking faggot.
>>
>>53275715
you're not making a great case for yourself.
>>
>>53275731
Is it making you go back to /reddit/ faster?
>>
>>53275697
The other anon is an ass, but is also right.
>>
I enjoy the sylvan wildblooded Sorc even if it isn't optimal. Being able to have a strong pet and my favourite spell list is worth the trade off.

Nothing like dropping black tentacles on the enemy and having my Animal Growth buffed T-Rex chow down from outside it
>>
>>53275598
>>53275579
>apply to memegame
>get shit reviewer
Poetry.
>>
>>53275754
pottery
>>
>>53275753
Sylvan Wildblooded Sorc is actually arguably one of the bloodlines thats nearly on-par if not straight up as good as Arcane, so actually it is Optimal.
>>
>>53275745
As a matter, I'm just enjoying your witty repartee at this point. After all, you're such a wonderful conversationalist; always using new phrases and words.
>>
File: 1476786297812.jpg (24KB, 496x499px) Image search: [Google]
1476786297812.jpg
24KB, 496x499px
>>53275669
I see.

>>53275696
>MY GOD HOW NEW ARE YOU
A week.

>MULTICLASSING
I'm going with Half-Elf so I get Multi-talented feat which gives me a free extra class. I will take Sorcerer as my extra.

>GOING BEYOND LEVEL 20
So I'm asking here, because I'm trying to learn this game: Is the CHARACTER level absolutely 20, or is that just the CLASS level limit? I was thinking thatn once I hit 20 in my other class, I would start developing levels in Sorcerer. It doesn't work that way?
>>
You walk into a room and suddenly, you find two (or more) of /pfg/'s most famous or infamous meme characters- in bed! Who are they, what are they doing, and how willing are you to join in?
>>
>>53275778
>gives me a free extra class

oh my god thats not how it works at all holy shit PLEASE READ THE RULES JUST ACTUALLY READ
>>
>>53275778
Maximum character level is 20. Also, you'll never get there, because games are lucky to break 10.
>>
File: 1494905191482.jpg (43KB, 564x727px) Image search: [Google]
1494905191482.jpg
43KB, 564x727px
>>53274020
What god or goddess would be the ideal patron for a Chosen One styled after Joan of Arc?
>>
File: 020 - BrndEvN.png (130KB, 442x353px) Image search: [Google]
020 - BrndEvN.png
130KB, 442x353px
>>53275754
the reviewanon quality may reflect the quality of the GM
>>
>>53275772
Oh well there you go.
>>
>>53275795
Kek
>>
>>53275786
>You walk into a room and suddenly, you find two (or more) of /pfg/'s most famous or infamous meme characters- in bed! Who are they, what are they doing, and how willing are you to join in?
I don't pay attention to meme characters, so I don't know.
>>
>>53275778
>It doesn't work that way?
It does not. Outside of hourserules, level 20 is the limit.
>>
>>53275778
Nobody ever runs campaigns above level 20, because by then characters have "teleport to anywhere in the universe" and "stop time" and "create private demiplanes" and stuff like that. There's no power left to actually gain.
>>
>>53275619
Wizard 20, no archetypes
Arcanist 20, no archetypes
Cleric 20, no archetypes

And so on.
>>
>>53275786
It's Wist and QANON, and I would never stand between their forbidden love.
>>
File: 2Fslu10.jpg (30KB, 234x436px) Image search: [Google]
2Fslu10.jpg
30KB, 234x436px
>>53275778
Is this the guy who made the fucking baby-gnome for Overlewd?
>>
>>53273829
Roads. Roads are where travelers travel and strangers meet. They're where trade starts and ends. You make good roads, important roads, and things will start coming your way. From there, you make infrastructure, build buildings that encourage more people to come down your roads. Soon some people decide they want to stay. You build up more and more, and soon from nothing springs a hamlet, from a hamlet springs a town, from a town springs a city, from a city springs a metropolis.
>>
>>53275696
>>53275772
So False Priest and Arcane bloodline combined would make the sorc twice as overpowered?
>>
>>53275754
Mighty Quest is not a memegame, fag
>>
>>53275834
>Sorc
>overpowered

I guess? It would certainly make for a very strong sorcerer if the player was smart about spell selection, as they would be incredibly versatile
>>
>>53275778
Half-elf gives you an extra FAVORED class. This just means you can get the favored class benefits, which are small level scaling benefits based on race, from two base classes instead of one.
>>
>>53275778
Let me put it like this.

Your average campaign is going to die by before you hit 10.

Actual Answer: Anything you rule/do after Character level 20 is homebrew. Ask your GM, but you're a fool if you seriously plan around that.
>>
>>53275830
HAHA I MADE ALL MY STATS UN-EVEN SO I CAN POP ONE UP EVERY 4 LEVELS

>b-but you generally want to raise the same stat repeatedly

YOU'RE WRONG AND JEALOUS OF MY BUILD
>>
File: 1443302746324.gif (4MB, 298x150px) Image search: [Google]
1443302746324.gif
4MB, 298x150px
>>53275832
This, the Romans built the greatest Empire the world has ever seen using roads, the Persians too.
>>
>>53275840
Not sure if you are joking but he was refering to TSS
>>
File: 1491107790561.jpg (45KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1491107790561.jpg
45KB, 554x439px
>>53275792
>>53275803
Thank you

>>53275790
I have been reading the rules, it's just that they're sometimes very unclear and since I'm new I can't exactly make perfect sense of them. My impression was that multi-classing without a feat like Multi-talented doesn't give you a favored class, so you don't get the normal benefits of leveling up that class. What I meant by "free extra class" is that you get another favored class with no drawbacks to taking levels in it.

[Spoiler]No need to be so rude desu[/spoiler]
>>
>>53275874
Anon was reviewing Mighty Quest
>>
>>53275778
>So I'm asking here, because I'm trying to learn this game: Is the CHARACTER level absolutely 20, or is that just the CLASS level limit? I was thinking thatn once I hit 20 in my other class, I would start developing levels in Sorcerer. It doesn't work that way?
The official rules for leveling past twenty are "Maybe use these guidelines or just switch to another class" but they're honestly never used. Almost no game actually gets to level 20 and when they do, the game either stops there or in the rare case where it doesn't, the GM probably either has some homebrew rules or just uses the actually complete epic rules from 3.5.
>>
File: 1490884099110.jpg (26KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1490884099110.jpg
26KB, 540x540px
>>53275859
Oh good God don't remind me. It was bad enough when he was just clueless before he revealed he wanted to basically play a kender.
>>
>>53275827
Not joining in the forbidden love with the excuse "now it is normal love" and just watching so you don't interrupt the true love
>>
>>53275877
all multi-talented affects is favored class bonuses, IE, +1 hp or +1 skillpoint when you level up that class (or an alternate FCB)

Multiclassing is bad, don't even think about doing it. Push that idea out of your mind.
>>
>>53275903
What if you're playing a gunslinger and just need level 5 for that sweet dex to damage?

Incidentally, how do you feel about shadowdancers?
>>
>>53275442
>>53275448

The hell?

That's nearly as bad as the PFS ban list.
>>
>>53275606
After she steals gore and bite attacks and muscular monster legs from the others, and puts on Cashmere's wizard collar to get higher than average intelligence
>>
>>53275903
Correction. Multi-classing is usually very bad. There are exceptions but most of them range from cheesy to practically necessary for concept to work.
>>
>>53275886
Ok now Im just confused.
>>
>>53275933
>nearly
I'm pretty sure it's WORSE.
>>53275929
Why aren't you just taking Trench Fighter 3/Savage Technologist Barbarian X? Then.

There is no reason to actually level gunslinger.
>>
>>53275929
Don't burden his mind with complexities of actually understanding WHEN you multiclass

Shadowdancer is a shockingly bad PRC that its really hard to make work, but it can be workable.
>>53275936
Multi-classing is for very specialist builds, which is not what a newbee needs to be learning.
>>
>>53275950
Actually trench fighter should be banned, since its an Earth archetype

Unless you're playing a world-war-1 soldier, you shouldn't be a trench fighter
>>
File: 1473248990622.png (119KB, 342x298px) Image search: [Google]
1473248990622.png
119KB, 342x298px
>>53275935
>Gloriana with horns
>>
>>53275794
Iomedae
>>
How do ranged attack maneuvers interact with firing pellets from a shotgun?
>>
>>53275962
But that's fucking stupid and gunslinger should not be a standalone class
>>
>>53275863
The Romans and Persians can't BOTH have the greatest empire the world has ever seen, silly. Which one is better?

>>53275877
Not the guy you replied to, but Pathfinder isn't like some editions of D&D where there's a penalty for multiclassing like slower EXP progression. Rather, there are benefits for sticking to just one class- that's what the Favored Class Bonus is. When you take a level in your favored class, you get your choice of +1HP or +1 Skill rank (you can choose different ones at different levels, and most race/class combinations have an alternate bonus you can choose from as well).

Paizo generally wanted to discourage multiclassing as a mechanic, apparently because it was seen as a rampant problem in D&D 3.5.

Also, apologies for the blow back on your post. /pfg/ is so stuck in its own mindset that it often reacts crazily to people or things that don't match it.
>>
>>53275543
>insane restrictions
How so?
>>
>>53275962
>Actually trench fighter should be banned, since its an Earth archetype
There is literally nothing about the archetype that requires you to be from Earth.
>Unless you're playing a world-war-1 soldier, you shouldn't be a trench fighter
>ALL BARDS NEED TO BE MUSCIAINS
>ALL ROGUE NEED TO BE CRIMINALS
>ALL BARBARIANS NEED TO BE SAVAGE TRIBESMAN
Piss off. You're just a fighting man who's good with guns, but not able to pull off all those fancy grit tricks.
>>
>>53275950
But anon, I like being a Gunslinger more than I do a fighter. Musket Master is fun to play, as is Bolt Ace.
>>
>>53275820
>and so on
So level 20 spellcasters?

>>53275988
>Also, apologies for the blow back on your post.
Thanks man

>/pfg/ is so stuck in its own mindset that it often reacts crazily to people or things that don't match it.
Yeah, I was reading through the whole thread prior to my first post and I realized it has kind of devolved into that dreaded circle-jerk stage of 4chan generals
>>
>>53275844
Generally speaking, what spells would be good for that build?
>>
>>53275988
Both of them were equally fantastic, but the Romans moreso!

Name one Kingdom that was successful without good infrastructure!
>>
>>53275998
>since its an Earth archetype
kek

It's an archetype for every place that has a fucking trench

The ability to make trenches isn't limited to planet Earth
>>
What classes have access to rogue talents?
>>
>>53275995
Two full pages of banned archetypes, core only races, 1pp only.

The GM is forcing players to use paizo material, than removing most of the fun things you can do with that material.
>>
>>53276023
fuck man thats too much to explain
>>
>>53275962
As much as I'm not in favor of arealocking archetypes, I do like the idea of it being an archetype borne specifically from Earth.

What other archetypes could Earth produce?
>>
>>53276027
The Kingdom of God.
>>
>>53276035
i mean.

Trenches were a direct response to the development of rifles.

>>53276055
depends on the era
>>
>>53276022
>So level 20 spellcasters?

Yes.

If you want to be OP in pathfinder, you're best off just playing a Wizard.
>>
>>53276044
Powerless Prophecy cursed Oracle gets Uncanny Dodge.
>>
>>53276047
I'm not really seeing it that way. Yeah, the list is pretty long but I wouldn't necessarily say that it is bad. Also, not surprising the GM is forcing players to use paizo material since, well, it is a paizo game. That's like saying it's bad for someone running a 5e game to only use WotC material.

Honestly, while the GM is being somewhat autistic, I don't think the list is too bad. Like >>53275498 said.
>>
I'm planning on starting a game soon.
Here's my current banlist:
Core races BANNED. Only Bloodforge and Advanced Race Guide advanced races allowed.
Core classes ONLY. BUT, you must take an archetype that grants you spherecasting or martial initiating. If a class doesn't have such an archetype, it's banned.
Gestalt, but you have to gestalt an initiator on one side and a spherecaster on the other.
No feats from the CRB allowed.

Would you play this?
>>
>>53276098
I guess I should be a bit more specific. What wis-based, non-initiator classes/archetypes have access to the full list of rogue talents?

I know Charlatanism Hedgewitch does, but was looking for other options.
>>
>>53276124
but paizo material is shit
>>53276131
>no CRB feats

remove that and i would totally play it, CRB feats are too necessary
>>
>>53276124
the ban list is not only autistic, but nonsensical, and that is one of the biggest concerns
>>
>>53276065
>the development of rifles
How could it be specific to a planet?
>>
File: 1465000531301.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1465000531301.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
Question: I want my character's schtick to be an itinerant trader of rare and valuable goods.

What feats do I need him to have to make this happen, for example the Black Market connections, and the Appraise skill?
>>
>>53276131
>no occultist
>no slayer

its shit
>>
>>53276150
Feat Tax would be in effect. Duh.
All the really necessary stuff is covered by that.
>>
File: 1485088882072.gif (2MB, 195x264px) Image search: [Google]
1485088882072.gif
2MB, 195x264px
ITT: People who yell "BAD WRONG FUN!" despite probably being more insufferable than the guy who made that game.

If ya don't like it, don't apply to it
>>
>>53276131

If you can explain: why?
>>
File: 1493714775073.png (61KB, 190x287px) Image search: [Google]
1493714775073.png
61KB, 190x287px
>>53276131
>No feats from the CRB allowed.
>no power attack, twf, finesse, any ranged feats, even spell focus
nigga, u high?
>>
>>53276171
you can't take the feat tax feats if they're CRB feats.
>>
>>53276060
The Kingdom of God has roads - very good roads, in fact.
>>
>>53276131
Would play if I didn't have enough games already.
I agree on removing 'no CRB feats', everything else can be worked with.

Hidden Blade Rogue/Sphere Wizard go
>>
>>53276150
>but paizo material is shit
No arguing that
>>53276151
I'm still not seeing how it's nonsensical. I've been in plenty of games that were far, far more restrictive (Reign of Winter with only core rules for instance). Still had plenty of fun.
>>
>>53276131
>What would you play?
I wouldn't
>>
>>53276178
Its more to laugh at him.

You're free to have 'fun' in any way you like

But I'm equally free to laugh at that garbage.
>>
>>53276164
You need Knowledge (Local), Sense Motive, Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate and Appraise.

If you want my opinion? The Bard (Negotiator) is exactly what you're looking for, being a peerless proprietor in the strange or exotic.
>>
>>53276022
The general perception around here and some other places on the internet is that more spells = good. The logic behind this is based in versatility and narrative power (IE, the number of ways you can interact with the story and how strongly you can affect it). A level 1 fighter hits things hard and a level 1 wizard casts casts a few spells. A level 20 fighter hits things really hard and a level 20 wizard warps reality to suit his whims, scrys on all his enemies and them blows them up with magic from the safety of his own private demiplane full of golems guards, libraries, and whores... If you take /pfg/ for its word, at least.

In practice, wizards (and other spell casters) don't get optimized to that degee, real play doesn't hold up to the theorycrafting standards, and the DM will throw the rulebook at you if you try to break the game too much. It is generally true that wizards and other spell casters require less build optimization to do their jobs, however. It's pretty hard to screw up as a full caster class (something that can eventually cast 9th level spells, like a wizard, sorcerer, cleric, or druid) because as long as the stat you need to cast with is kept high you can't be TOO fucked. Partial casters, classes that eventually get 6th level spells, are ironically in the worst position in terms of "easiness to fuck up" because they can be split between their casting and non-casting abilities and end up doing neither well.

>>53276027
I know nothing about Persians, what do they have over the Romans besides the best rugs?
>>
>>53276215
Do you have any recommendations for Feats? Thanks for replying anyway.
>>
>>53276192
I heard they're too narrow. They can't be very good if they're too narrow, Anon.
>>
>>53276131
The core only gestalt with 3pp only subsystems makes for few viable combos, but might be interesting.

Fuck the "no CRB feat" thing, though.
>>
>>53276228
Bigger dicks.
>>
>>53276150
>>53276181
>>53276193
>>53276249

i find this hillarious
>>
>>53276228
Persians had sanitation pretty down, as well as handling their barbarians. Otherwise they were Rome's military and social equal.

>>53276231
Feats? I'm afraid I can't help you there, but do he advised that feats are best used to enhance your combat ability, meaning it won't necessarily improve your character's "merchantness."
>>
>>53276178
You misunderstand anon. We most definately wont apply, bt that also doesn't mean we can't enjoy some laughs at the expense of the idiot who made it. Afterall, if you can't laugh at idiots for being idiots, then the world would be filled with more Friedbergs and Seltzers
>>
>>53275820
Exploiter Wizard 20, FTFY
>>
>>53276228
History classes don't often remind you that the Persian Empire - especially Sassanid Persia, was in many ways the equal to Rome.
>>
>>53276228
Thanks for the reply.

>Partial casters, classes that eventually get 6th level spells, are ironically in the worst position in terms of "easiness to fuck up" because they can be split between their casting and non-casting abilities and end up doing neither well.
I can see how that'd be the case if the emphasis was on combat. I have to check with my GM, but I don't intend for my Caster to be too heavily involved in fighting. I discovered from playing Skyrim that I'm really interested in getting wealthy in order to access the best goods for me, then using those goods to enhance my character.
>>
>>53276194
>I'm still not seeing how it's nonsensical.

It's nonsensical because it doesn't make sense...?

Few of the archetypes banned are actually over powered, and there's no rhyme or reason to the banlist.
>>
If I played a False Priest sorc, is it obligatory for me to have the character be a moustache twirling conman who's very obviously evil?
>>
>>53276246
What? Nonsense, this ain't a conversation about camels and needles and angels, it's one from Revelations as the city of God was described.
>>
>>53276344
yes
>>
>>53276317
Like >>53275498 said
>there's a lot of stuff that just doesn't work so well for Iron Gods, and a lot of stuff a GM might not want to see just in general
Is the list good? That's all in the eye of the beholder but it looks like most of the banned things are there because it doesn't look like it fits with Iron Gods. Like Vampire Hunter? I don't think there are any vampires in IG.
>>
>>53276344
What other motivation would he have for trying to lead people astray?
>>
>>53276362
Why would a scaled fist monk be banned, answer, there isn't a good reason

The banned things are because the GM is a retard
>>
File: 1432274626903.png (156KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1432274626903.png
156KB, 625x626px
>>53276131
>>
>>53276194
As mentioned previously, 70% or more of his ban list has no reason to be on a ban list. Banning Monster Tactician Inquisitor is logical if you don't want summoning bullshit, though in that case you might want to be banning summoner entirely. Banning shit like Scaled Fist, Virtuoso Bravo, or Psychic Detective? Why? None of these are particularly powerful or even particularly opposed to the flavor of the campaign. Banning something like Vivesectionist or Bladebound feels just needlessly petty, while something like Dark Elementalist is straight up laughable on the basis that it's Kineticist in a 1pp-only game.
>>
>>53276388
No clue on that. Maybe the GM just doesn't like it?
>>
>>53276313
>I'm really interested in getting wealthy in order to access the best goods for me, then using those goods to enhance my character.
Oddly, that's the right way to play a martial character. Martials depend heavily on expensive magical items to make themselves functional.
>>
>>53276401
like i said, the GM is a retard
>>
>>53276313
Just remember that everything in PF comes back to fighting. All that stuff you use to 'enhance' a character is really just enhancing their combat options.
>>
>>53276362
Most importantly it shows a lack of faith in the players from the GM to put restrictions on like that.
Sure, if some idiot tried to do a poorly justified vampire hunter app then they've kicked themselves from the running already.
But hard restrictions like this are like the GM telling the players 'No I don't trust you to do a Silksworn Occultist/Cartomancer Witch/Scaled Fist Monk in a way that I approve of' and that's just insulting.
>>
>>53276362
Fucking Cybervampires are scary as shit
>>
File: 1476210508984.png (15KB, 400x335px) Image search: [Google]
1476210508984.png
15KB, 400x335px
>>53276402
>>53276418
I see. That's kind of disappointing. I was hoping there'd be more depth to pathfinder in terms of play options. Combat gets boring after years of such video games.
>>
>>53276362
>it doesn't look like it fits with Iron Gods

Ignoring the massive number of archetypes that fit perfectly fine, but are still banned, isn't it the job of the players to figure out what does/doesn't fit?

Like, sure, there may not be Vampires in IG as written, but if the player can come up with a compelling reason to play a Vampire Hunter, I'd let them go for it. If they can't justify it, then they likely weren't going to fit in the campaign anyway. Banning shit outright is just silly.
>>
>>53276268
Smaller dicks were considered ideal at the time though. The train of thought was that the shorter the length of the dick, the less distance the sperm had to travel and the more viable is would be "at arrival". That's why statues of men from the time period aren't hung like horses.

Or is that a common misconception a history buff or anthropologist would correct me on?

>>53276281
>>53276297
Come to think of it, the only thing I even remember the Persian empire from is the movie 300.

>>53276313
I don't know what the deal is for your campaign, but Pathfinder is usually a poor choice for campaigns that don't have a lot of combat because combat is one of the system's main focuses. Also, I don't want to give the false impression that partial casters are bad- they're just easy to fuck up. I think they're some of the best designed and most fun classes to play as long as you can avoid some pitfalls.

That aside, Pathfinder has something called "Wealth By Level", which is a guideline that says "characters of a given level should have approximately this much equipment and magic items, presented in terms of total monetary value". It's important for game balance that PCs stay reasonably close to what the WBL table suggests, so a character that's extra rich and able to afford better gear than his allies isn't really an easy or good idea. Besides, if the campaign you're playing is going to be somewhat typical, most of the money the PCs will get will probably be looted from dungeons and enemies, or quest rewards, so it will probably end up being split evenly. Trying to make money with a skill like doing performances or through merchantry by making and selling something are both slow processes that don't generally make you as much as adventuring will.
>>
>>53276352
>>53276375
That's true. I suppose I would go full Dick Dastardly with the guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTR7eOG31cM
>>
>>53276467
Boy you are in the wrong hobby
>>
>>53276467
You can run non-combat games in Pathfinder, but by doing so you're ignoring 75% of the system.
>>
>>53276467
Well don't worry too much. As a wizard or whatever your take on 'combat' tends to be throwing out spells to quickly disable enemies. No, not fireball unless you're fighting a swarm, but Save or Lose stuff. At first this just leaves enemies easily mopped up by the warrior types, but later you might just be turning them into statues, pets, bits of dust or obedient slaves. And of course remember to be invisible and flying so you're nearly impossible to target, with a wall of summoned creatures in the way.
>>
File: 1480001535891.jpg (26KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1480001535891.jpg
26KB, 500x364px
>>53276475
>>53276505
>>53276508
Alright, I'll keep all that in mind. I'll probably still give the game a shot, but it's clear I won't be as invested in it as I thought I'd be. Helpful discussion for me.
>>
>>53276475
You're partially correct, it was also because the masons want to emphasize the physique more than the dick and small dicks were also considered more "civilized." The men of the country, those closer to nature, were the ones hung like horses because they're half-horse themselves, along with barbarians and other miscreants.

This also applies to women, where provincial girls or farm-girls were stereotyped as having huge chests alongside their quaint, vaguely sexual country mannerisms. There's even a period comic of this stereotype from France (specifically 1880s) though I can't find it.

You even see this train of thought today with "country grown" or "bigger in the country" being an American byword for tall, hung/busty and well-built. In less amusing circles, this is also where the stereotype for black men having huge dicks came from, as blacks are seen in those circles as little more than talking animals.
>>
>>53276131
No Occultists? No Mediums? No Psionic classes at all (except for Warsouls, Pathwalkers, Mind's Eye Disciples, and Nightmares or whatever the Dread archetype was)?
Being stuck as the not-quite-as-shitty-but-still-bad Sphere Magus?
Eeeeew.
>>
>>53276655
Magus isn't core. No Sphere Magus.
>>
>>53276655
>>53276668
Oh I just reread it, it's even WORSE than I thought, dear Christ.
>>
>>53276632
>>53276475
It's also worth mentioning that for thousands of years, everything WAS bigger in the country; fish in this time period were bigger than they are now, and more plentiful (due to a lack of pollution and overfishing) while forest animals tend to grow to outrageous sizes compared to farm animals.

To give a comparison, the meat of an Elk was typically worth +30% more than the meat of a cow in the 1500s, and then you must compare the size of a typical Bull (something like 40 inches from hoof to haunch) to the size of a wild cow, aka the Aurochs, which could be on average 6 feet. For a visualization of these differences, the modern cow is as large as the Aurochs, while the modern donkey is large as the medieval cow.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>53276716
>>53276716
>>53276716
>>53276716
>>53276716
>>53276716
>>
File: 1472938335204.jpg (91KB, 640x637px) Image search: [Google]
1472938335204.jpg
91KB, 640x637px
>>53276702
That's quite interesting. Where did you learn this?
>>
>>53276722
>page 6
just let it die, and I'll make a better one
>>
>>53276751
You get time on your hand when nobody goes to prom with you.
>>
>>53276796
That doesn't answer the question...
>>
>>53276702
I'll be honest, I'm pretty sure this is bullshit. cows have specifically been bred to be larger, not smaller. Look at ancient peaches versus modern ones and you'll see the same thing; we've selectively bred them to be massive.

So I'm going to have to disagree with you and question your sources.
>>
>>53276833
yup, its complete bullshit
>>
>>53276751
I read books, some of them primary sources on the period. Most of my understanding of food prices and food habits came from Food and Drink in Medieval Poland by Maria DembiƄska.

An important thing to note is that, for that region at least, mead was only consumed during weddings or legal proceedings!
>>
>>53276833
>cows have specifically been bred to be larger
If you're so smart you should know that you don't get big ass cows within a few centuries of when you start breeding them. Their size today is a result of a millenium of work.
>>
Not him, but the Cows we produce today are a bit, not so much smaller but definitely more shapely, than the ones we bred in the 50s. Back then they were basically giant boxes of meat and fat, but now we have more leg definition on them
>>
File: peaches.png (541KB, 1754x1239px) Image search: [Google]
peaches.png
541KB, 1754x1239px
>>53276875
I'm pretty sure you're either just a shitposter, a dumbass, or a combination of the above
>>
>>53276833
>>53276853
Hmm? I never tried to say cattle was larger than it is now, quite the opposite in fact. I'm saying the Aurochs was massive, and modern cattle are massive too. Medieval cattle was small due to inbreeding and poor forage options.
>>
>>53276916
I'm pretty sure you're retarded, because the point of my post was that evolution doesn't happen overnight. Your calling that poster's statements about cows and aurochs bullshit implied just that. His post is plausible.
>>
>>53276702
I thought there was also some aspect of "the ideal male form is the form of a young boy", though that may have been more of a greek "it's okay because he's 11" thing.
>>
>>53274276
Isn't that what people are doing now? Broken blade is fucking broken as shit, no sane DM should allow it.
>>
>>53277003
"It ain't lust if it's between bros"
>>
>>53277265
I think the gays trying to pretend Brokeback Mountain was just as straight as they were used that same excuse.
>>
>>53275152
What if it's two Dragon-type creatures, but one is bipedal and humanoid-shaped?
>>
>>53273829
That man is working in full plate armor.
>>
>>53279298
>Man

Come on anon.
Thread posts: 414
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.