[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 55

File: ld164_sramble.jpg (117KB, 620x453px) Image search: [Google]
ld164_sramble.jpg
117KB, 620x453px
Mix it Up Edition

Old thread: >>52299705

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread question
How does your playgroup interact socially when playing and not playing games?
>>
Play bloodmoon
>>
>>52318395
>How does your playgroup interact socially when playing and not playing games?
In a facebook chat group about playing childrens card games.

>online doesn't count as social interaction
Then I don't have any other social interaction than playing childrens cards games.
>>
>>52318395

it's just me and another friend, we barely hang out if it's not magic related.

i wish there were more mtg players here
>>
>>52318395

Sometimes when we play people start spouting the occasional "meme" and it bothers me somewhat but I have learned to tune it out.

We don't normally talk about our personal lives until we are done with our game for the most part.

We try to talk about new movies coming up or games but in the end things just degenerate.

I guess somewhere along the line we are social enough with each other to want to still play games and be a part of other tabletop games with eachother.
>>
>>52318630
I do play Bloodmoon, have myself a nice mono-red deck that doesn't care what happens, as long as a good time is had at a decent pace. (Deck is not Chaos)
>>
my group just died because the only lgs in town closed
>>
>>52318395
That depends on your definition of 'games'. The 'core' group of my friends mostly get together to play Magic or video games, or watch stuff and just chill. During games there's usually something like Futurama or Home Movies playing on the TV in the background while we're at someone's house, and there's a lot of in-jokes going on.
>>
>>52318714
Ditto, though mine closed in January because the store owner was a prat that ran it into the ground and blamed the customers.
>>
>>52318728
mine closed because the storeowner decided to try running it as a nonprofit and the prices of everything in the store went up.

not gonna spend $5.50 on packs.
>>
>>52318395
We have a series of facebook groups and IM group chats to stay in touch. My playgroup includes a 20+ people and every commander player at 2 lgs'. Some people hang out outside of magic but most people are only together to play magic.
>>
>>52318774
>nonprofit
>prices went up

This doesn't add up
>>
>>52318682
Good anon, the more bloodmoons being played the healthier edh will become. Anything more than 3 colors is degenerate.
>>
>>52318817
yeah. also started paying employees in store credit and calling them "volunteers". storeowner was also a landlord for a lot of rental properties in the area so he let all the employees live together in an apartment for free. whole situation was sketchy as hell
>>
>>52318826
You are probably one of the guys I saw tonight at my LGS.

I lost my shit a little bit when I learned Scrylands still come in tapped when you have Bloodmoon out.
>>
>>52318826
I stopped playing blood moon in my mono red deck when I realized what it did together with my Gauntlet of Might.
>>
>>52318850
Na I just got off of work. Anyone playing bloodmoon is a good guy.
>>
File: Intet.jpg (285KB, 1411x1146px) Image search: [Google]
Intet.jpg
285KB, 1411x1146px
Any Dreamfags here feel like redpilling me on Intet? I've been playing Atarka Dragon tribal since I cracked her in the prerelease and she's treated me extremely well, but lately I've been craving some variety.

Here's how I see it:

>Pros for Atarka
-Crazy threat in the command zone that I can reliably get out waaaaay to early and force an opponent to deal with or die

-Simple mana base. Very nearly Mono red, just a splash of green. Get really good mileage out of Nykthos

>Pros of Intet
-More colors means more options. Temur Ascendancy is pretty darn good, as is Sarkhan Unbroken

-Intet's art is fantastic

Sell me on it.
>>
>>52319044
chaos is fun
>>
Man, combo is hard to play on xmage.

I built Kaho, Minamo Historian and I spent some time developing a combo she can use

>needs minamo, school at waters edge and thousand year elixir

>high tide, reset, essence flux
>turnabout, stream of consciousness/mnemonic nexus effect, ghostly flicker/displace

is the infinite mana package, then you can

>Mystical tutor, brainstorm, flicker
>cast blue suns on yourself decking and flashing in teferi and lab maniac
>or loop blue suns multiple times with stream of consciousness and kill each player with draw

it's a really fragile combo but that's what makes it interesting. if you catch the entire board sleeping and win with a combo that is that vulnerable, you earned it. I like that she can hunt for all this on her own though.

This seems like a very bread and butter line, and there are other options (I have The Unspeakable setup in there and I want to cast them all at once someday)
>>
>>52319081
Atarka it is
>>
>>52319124
i'm an atarka player i can't think of any reason to play intet sorry
>>
>>52318862
Red has mana acceleration, thats a feature not a bug.
>>
Does anyone know what the deal is with EDHrec right now? The TappedOut links are missing from every single commander page
>>
File: IMG_7736.png (974KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7736.png
974KB, 750x1334px
i have 1 friend i go with to my game store
i dont know how to get a play groop started or to find one
and everyone at the store seems to be only interested in playing there
>>
>>52319153
Yes, the bug was turning all my opponents nonbasics into painless ancient tombs.
>>
>>52319187
You can repeat the results with mana flare but I can see how that becomes a problem if you dont expect it. How do you deal with opposing red decks getting value off your gauntlet though?
>>
>>52319288
It was mostly the problem of giving the UG decks tons of extra mana.

Red decks are usually weaker (if mono) or don't play a lot of red (if multicolor) so I usually benefit so much more than them that it doesn't matter.

Either way, I really burned myself one game from playing a blood moon with a gauntlet in play and letting them go off.

Nobody plays any mana flare cards in my meta since that's just begging to lose.
>>
anyone got some neato Dralnu lists or tech to share?
>>
File: stormy.png (127KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
stormy.png
127KB, 223x311px
>>52319592
storm the fuck off
>>
>>52318395
1v1 Commander Leagues are becoming a thing in MODO with Amonket.
Is there anything you're looking forward to build for the new official competitive eternal format?
How long until Commander GPs and every card that even remotely sniffs of good in Commander is bough out by faggots like Rudy?
>>
>>52319044
I play "mono-red dragons" with Surrak Dragonclaw and Inetet as a backup. Inetet gets you great card advantage. Surrak's no countering is meta specific. It's fun.
>>
>>52319167
Then thats your playgroup.
>>
>>52319704
every card that even remotely sniffs of good in Commander is bough out by faggots like Rudy?

Bro you are behind as fuck, that shit happens all the time. The most recent and retarded one happened earlier this week with Grasp of Fate. Some guy bought every copy he could off of tcgplayer and spiked the price near 50$. It's on the decline now though because the supply was too high for him.
>>
>>52319837
>That feel when you forget to greentext

FUCK
>>
>>52319704
Wish I had people to play Duel with because multiplayer is cancer.

>chaos
>grouphug
>that dude that can't decide who to attack for three minutes
>sitting to the left of the control player
>poor threat assessment
>>
>>52319855
I never got this meme because the 20+ people that play at my LGS all fall closer to the SCG Commander VS crew of Whiny Spike, Calm Spike, Angry Spike and Trolling Johnny. Then I watched Commander Clash.

Hell must be a lot like sitting at a table with Seth and Tomer forever.
>>
>>52318817
Seems to make perfect sense to me.

>step one: raise prices
>step two: close
>step three: make no profit due to shitty business and personal decisions.

Looks like he got his wish.
>>
>>52318774
Those places tend to go downhill quickly.
>>
>>52318848
I'm a landlord and "trade" services with some of my tenants. Like a montly checkup with a dentist, weeklies with a masseuse and service for my car from a mechanic. But having all your retail staff shoved in a single apartment and making sure they can't leave because you don't pay them, sounds like slavery.
>>
>>52320566
Except those guys have little chunks of charisma and are almost entertaining, my playgroup is an LGS full of shitty spikes who try to build Rashmi "powerfully" with cards from Kaladesh and lol random guys.
>>
>>52319837
If Oloro, Darevi and Marath aren't banned, Card Kingdom will stink of shit with their C13 buyout earlier this year.
>>
File: da72ef80e7c9cf.jpg (21KB, 426x304px) Image search: [Google]
da72ef80e7c9cf.jpg
21KB, 426x304px
>>52318774
non-profit

Two years ago my LGS begun charging a flat entrance fee. The owner diversified and went out of his way to include more commodities (ie. a lounge set with consoles, arcades, a bar, airconditioning and some fucking plantlife to look at.

I've been going there for over ten years, and attendance is booming like never before.
>>
>>52320984
What the hell do you mean. What happened with Grasp of Fate proved the supply is too large to have a large impact on price when people try to buy out.
>>
>>52320984
>2013 commanders banned

make it happen wotc, i want my kambal deck to not feel like a shitty oloro
>>
>>52321075
>a bar

Neat, I would pay to have this at an lgs, a liquor license is expensive. Throw in "free" (I shouldn't have to pay quarters I am paying a cover) arcade games to play while dead and shit and I am very much in.

What's the cover charge?
>>
>>52321124
Grasp of Fate is C15 and a shitty card, Oloro and Marath are moneymakers. With Commander becoming a supported competitive format, if they're not banned they'll be far more expensive than Kaalia ever was.
>>
>>52321163
You can't have WPN if you sell booze.
That's why my LGS told WotC to go fuck themselves, they make more money buying from non-WotC approved distributors and all they lost was shitty FNM promos and FTV.
They don't even sell alcohol but the BYOB FNM is the largest in town.
>>
>>52321163
The entrance fee is in Europoors, but if I have to guess it's about 5 Trumpdars. Consoles and pinballmachines are indeed free of charge.

His customers are more then the average MTG player these days, and he gives room to them to schedule their own events. The Super Smash Bros tournaments attracts weird people still though.

>>52321286
Guess I should have clarified. It's a bar, yes, but he serves no alcohol during scheduled MTG events - the owner is very clear about this to his patrons. During FNM/prerelease it's just a place to sit for a soda and some food. Still beats some shoddy vendingmachine.
>>
>>52321259
Grasp was worth more than either of those cards even before the buyout. They will never hit high prices because the only time people will play them is as generals, while grasp of Fate is a solid card that sees play in all sorts of white decks.
>>
>>52321427
>They will never hit high prices because
They're currently banned in 1v1 commander.
Oloro was $12 before getting banned, and DC isn't supported by WotC.
If Oloro isn't banned it'll be $20+ at the least.
>>
>>52320936
Sounds better than a potential playgroup I've found. There's some faggot tossing around an 1800$ Mackenzie Stax Deck, with another Degenerate Gitrog Crucible behind that.
>>
>>52321565
Vial smasher is better 1v1 then Oloro is and is only 8$. I don't think dual commander is the reason by the price decrease. It could have been high because that was during the first print of those decks, and there have been more since.
>>
>>52321785
Vial Smasher is not 4 years old.
It's also not better than Oloro, Oloro broke 30lp duel commander, Vial is having a very strong representation in 20lp duel commander but doesn't do as well in 30lp (leviathan).

If there's something I'm glad about by WotC taking on 1v1 commander from now on is that we'll finally have one single format instead of french/italian/american/faggot lists.
>>
>>52318395
We're all fairly friendly assholes, this drops when games start.
>>
File: Postem.png (1MB, 1074x564px) Image search: [Google]
Postem.png
1MB, 1074x564px
Also looking to build a budget Ruric thar deck since the table has 2 Narsets. Anybody have a list?
>>
>>52321992
Ruric, every ramp spell and lands.
You don't play Ruric to win, you play him to fuck UR players in the ass.
>>
Just netdecked this Budget Commander Deck List featuring the new Innistrad Avacyn.
Since I am still quite new to the whole deckbuilding process i decided to netdeck, testplay it and then later improve it to fit my playstyle even more.
Also bought Land Tax with it. (https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-ish-commander-archangel-avacyn-80)

Did I fuck up tg or is this decklist fine/good to build upon?
>>
>>52322375
a quick glance tells me it's not awful but it doesn't seem that great either

it's also a boros deck

also it doesn't have a skullclamp what the fuck
>>
>>52322375
my question is how she gets red as a commander
>flip is red bordered
>no red costs
>>
>>52322391
Is Scullclamp one of those Commander staples?
As i said, I am quite new and have mostly been playing some of the Commander 2016 Decks
>>52322392
We are pretty casual at our table, we looked over and on EDHREC she is used as a boros commander.
But they also told me that its fine if I just play her as Boros on our table since we werent sure about this either
>>
>>52322392
the flip side of a transform card is the color in the little circle next to the card type. this is included in the color identity of a card.

examples: you can't play garruk relentless in an EDH deck that doesn't have black in its color identity, and archangel avacyn is a boros commander
>>
>>52322452
That's fair
>>
>>52322484
also if you're building an avacyn deck, look for ways to flip her on the turn she comes down. she hits your creatures too, so if you can flip her while they're indestructible that's pretty sweet. also basilisk collar is amazing on her.
>>
>>52322424
Skullclamp is one of the best ways to draw a shitload of cards no matter what color you're in.
Skullclamp is exceptionally useful in red and white because those colors don't normally have any reliable card draw.

Commander games go on for so long that card draw is much more important than it is in order formats. This is on of the reasons why white and red and generally considered weaker colors in EDH.

If you don't have a skullclamp already from your precon deck then I suggest you get one.
It's not necessarily an auto-include (unless you're running a tokens or a lot of 1/1's) but it's just so useful and satisfying that you'll surely find a deck for it at some point.
>>
>>52318395
>thread question
We have Whatsapp group where we discuss mostly MtG in general and arrange our next playsessions.
During game days we usually talk about all kinds of stuff during and off games, with some bantz during game.
>>
>>52319592
Bubble Matrix and Magebane Armor are used frequently I think. Few sac outlets and maybe Diplomatic Immunity, not to mention Pemmin's Aura and Freed From the Real.
>>
>>52318848
Well, it looks like some kind of communist-utopia project
>>
>mtg thread on /v/
>everyone sucking (((rudy)))'s dick
Disgusting
Why everyone who plays magic try to be "le wolf of wall street" xD?
>>
>>52323161
Who the fuck is Rudy?
>>
>>52323194
alphainvestments
>>
>>52323231
So he's one of the assholes doing the buyouts or what? If so, he should kill himself.
>>
>>52323273
>one of the assholes
He's THE asshole trying to make everyone into "top investors" in magic
And people give him money in Patreon so they can buy booster boxes from him
>>
What are some some ways for the table to hate me less if I play superfriends? I just want to play a bunch of planeswalkers while everyone else at the table can still have fun.
>>
>>52323288
I seriously wish that Wizards either puts whole restricted list in banlist for every format or reprints hell out of the cards to piss on that faggot's shoes.
>>
>>52318848
>employees in store credit and calling them "volunteers".
>Landlord
:^) :^) :^)
>>
>>52321075
There's a place by me that requires you to spend 5 dollars every time you come into the store (you can obviously just buy store credit) and the crowd is much much better than the store down the street
>>
>>52321259
>Grasp of Fate is a shitty card
No it's not, it's an excellent card. O-ring and detention sphere see enough play grasp of fate just also is a 3 for 1.
And costs 3 Mana or less
>>
>>52323288
>>52323431

I've only watched his MM17 unboxing, and faggot couldn't stop saying "HASHTAGx" over and over.

It was so cringey and annoying
>>
>>52323426
I'd say avoid Doubling Season, and/or the Planeswalkers that can basically shut people entirely out of the game.

You could also play it Group Huggy, where you throw value at everyone while you also play Planeswalkers for your own value.
>>
>>52322810
Also Riptide Lab!
>>
>>52323426
Put them in a Mardu control shell. Threaten any interaction with loads of removal.
>>
File: spear of heliod.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
spear of heliod.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
Is it worth running pic related in an almost no-creatures orzhov pillowfort deck? I really like the ability, but I wouldn't really be able to utilize the anthem so I'm wondering if there are better options.

I need more ways to destroy/exile in the form of permanents. Any suggestions? I have No Mercy and that's about it. Stuff like Ghostly Prison just slows my attackers down so I'd prefer something actually disruptive like the Spear of Heliod is
>>
>>52324242
If you're already in black, and can't utilize the Anthem effect, I'd avoid it. No Mercy and things like Hissing Miasma and Ghostly Prison should be enough to deter attackers without you needing to leave mana up all the time.
>>
>>52324242
Just run actual removal.
>>
>>52321959
>If there's something I'm glad about by WotC taking on 1v1 commander from now on is that we'll finally have one single format instead of french/italian/american/faggot lists.

If anything I imagine this will kill the format. There has been a complete lack of consistency in 1v1 rules and banlist. This will be yet another change, but you can bet your ass Sol ring won't be banned if it's controlled by wizards. They will not ban a card that makes their precons illegal to play with in an eternal format.
>>
>>52321959
They're putting 1v1 leagues in. That's absolutely no indication that they're planning on "officially recognizing" French/Duel Commander the way they did with Commander, or that they'll be the ones maintaining the banlist for it- hell, they don't maintain the banlist for REGULAR Commander.

And if you think that all the multiplayer people are suddenly gonna say "Oh, I guess Sol Ring is banned and we start at 30 life now", you're fucking dreaming.
>>
>>52324262
Yeah I'd like to run something similar, but better. Sadly there doesn't seem to be that many options. Also they don't give a shit about life loss so Hissing Miasma is a nah. Ghostly Prison would be good but it's a 99 singleton so I only have one (plus windborn muse)

>>52324271
I do run a lot of removal, but the thing is that my group is a bunch of mongoloids that just like to attack me whenever I have a life total higher than 41, but will immediately give up that plan if they see that I have a single permanent that will slightly inconvenience them if they attack me, and attack someone else instead

So essentially removal doesn't work because they will all line up to attack me as long as I have nothing on my board that will make them choose otherwise

I guess I could go flashing my removal at them 24/7 but I really don't want to keep my mana open for that shit every turn, I'd rather have more passive effects that let me tap out on my own turn to build my board, and be protected on other people's turns
>>
>>52324366
>Ghostly Prison would be good but it's a 99 singleton so I only have one
Wouldn't that exact logic disqualify literally any fucking card we suggest? And disqualify Spear itself? "Oh, it's just one card out of 99, I can't rely on getting it, so I might as well not even put it in".

Fuck dude, at that rate just put in 49 Swamps and 50 Plains.
>>
File: 40c.png (490KB, 600x691px) Image search: [Google]
40c.png
490KB, 600x691px
>>52324366
>But I don't really want to keep my mana open for that shit every turn
>Asking if he should run a card that requires him to leave 1WW up every turn
>>
>>52324386
>>52324386
Ok, I guess you didn't understand what I meant

I have Ghostly Prison. I can't put it in my deck twice. I need more cards that do what it does.
>>
>>52324366
Just run Abyss and Prophyry Nodes
>>
>>52324393
>>>Asking if he should run a card that requires him to leave 1WW up every turn

Yeah obviously it's not much better in that regard, but spot removal is a one-for-one whereas Spear of Heliod is one-for-infinity, which is obviously a lot better when you're playing EDH. I have like 15 draw spells but I still can't go around throwing good removal at every craw wurm that happens to attack me. Most of my removal is multi-use too so it wouldn't be efficient to throw an Anguished Unmaking at some dumb combat damage pleb's creature. I can't load my deck with cheap kill shit either, I have to maintain card quality and card advantage in my deck you know

Imo trying to 1v3 the table with spot removal is just stupidity. I mostly just use it to snipe out specifically harmful threats and wincons, and leave the semi-threats for other players to worry about
>>
>>52324394
Sphere of Safety, Peacekeeper, Crawl Space, Archangel of Tithes, Aurification, Blazing Archon, Island Sanctuary, Magus of the Moat, Lightmine Field, Michiko Konda, Mystic Barrier, Norn's Annex, Ensnaring Bridge, Forcefield, Glacial Chasm, Dread, Koskun Falls, Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts
>>
>>52324394
Koskun Falls, sphere of safety, norn's annex.

There are a few things that are the same.
>>
>>52324427
Jesus Christ your bad. I mean, it's fine to be that way, just don't try to argue that your badness is good.
>>
>>52324526
prove it
>>
>>52324536
You're trying to build a "pillowfort" deck yet you seem to not know any pillow fort cards other than Ghostly Prison and No Mercy, and your 'solution' to your opponents 3v1ing you is to try to match them one-for-one with spot removal instead of looking into more pillow fort cards or running wrath spells. You also keep contradicting yourself- they "won't attack you if anything would impact them", but they attack through Hissing Miasma effects. You "don't want to leave mana up every turn", but you'd play Spear of Heliod.
>>
>>52324570
>You're trying to build a "pillowfort" deck yet you seem to not know any pillow fort cards other than Ghostly Prison and No Mercy

i know plenty but most of them are too shit to be included

>and your 'solution' to your opponents 3v1ing you is to try to match them one-for-one with spot removal

i actually said the exact opposite and you can't read at all

>instead of looking into more pillow fort cards or running wrath spells

i'm actually doing that at this very moment

>You also keep contradicting yourself- they "won't attack you if anything would impact them", but they attack through Hissing Miasma effects

hissing miasma doesn't impact the board at all. paying 1 life to attack with a 7/7 isn't really a big deal. it's not worth the slot. however, losing that 7/7 in the process, or not being able to attack in the first place is meaningful

>You "don't want to leave mana up every turn", but you'd play Spear of Heliod.

i'd rather not leave mana open after my turn, but it's better to leave mana open for a spear of heliod than spot removal, because using spot removal always puts you behind in card advantage, whereas using spear of heliod doesn't. spear of heliod is also more political and it deters "i'll just attack him over and over, he will eventually run out of removal" play, whereas spot removal is a one and done kinda thing

please, do not reply to me again.
>>
>>52324633
>Most pillow fort cards are shit, but I'm "looking into" more because I only knokw 5
>>
>>52324633
You are bad.
>>
>>52324725
prove it
>>
>>52324633
>don't use any pillow fort cards besides 2
>try and put the worst card you possibly can in

>"b-b-but i know magic guys"
>"trading one card for there one card on the field is a bad card advantage for me"

how new are you?

and why ask questions if you don't want answers
>>
>>52324633
You're trying, but you aren't very good. Humility would suit you better. I mean shit anon, you didn't even say sudden spoiling + pox or like recursion of massacre wurm/elesh norn/obby unshackled. It's obvious you're pretty new, just be polite about it. Spear of heliod needs very specific devotion each turn and is about as telegraphed as they come. There are multipurpose removal tools that not only deal with threats, but prevent threats and lock down the board. Spot removal is to stop combo pieces and game winners efficently, spear of heliod is not, it's a niche trick for too much mana, particularly without the anthem.
>>
>>52324633
>>>r/edh
You are a baddie who wont take any advice without being a self-righteous cunt, this is your home. Spear is bad btw.
>>
>>52324754
is this one of those "pretending to be retarded" things

i can't figure out why you'd think cards like hissing miasma or norn's annex would be any good in a format where people start with 40 life and where life totals are almost completely irrelevant by the time the game ends

>trading 1 for 1 is good in a format where you're always against 3 opponents worth of permanents

lmao

>>52324793
what are you even trying to say? please explain your point concisely, you spent most of your post talking about completely irrelevant cards and how i should be more polite

>>52324800
your advice is shit
>>
>>52324858
The only one pretending to be retarded is you. You come in here for advice and then act like an aloof dickhead who knows better than everyone, despite running exactly three fucking "don't attack me" cards in a Pillowfort deck.

If you ask for advice, you don't need to take it, but you shouldn't just shoot down everything with an "I'm so much smarter than you" attitude when YOU came to US for help, cockmouth.
>>
>>52324858
Ur bad
>>
>>52324878
>despite running exactly three fucking "don't attack me" cards in a Pillowfort deck

i run like 11

here you go again, assuming tons of shit because you can't read worth a fuck. quote the part where i said i only run 3 pillow fort cards.

>you shouldn't just shoot down everything

yeah i sure am being a toxic shitlord by saying stuff like "hissing miasma sucks because 1 life per attacker isn't big enough to matter in EDH"

perhaps reddit is more your speed? mean posts are downvoted there
>>
>>52324920
You listed Ghostly Prison, Windborn Muse, and No Mercy.

Combine that with how fucking stupid and combative you are with every suggestion, that led me to the logical conclusion that those are the literal only pillowfort cards in your deck.
>>
>>52324920
Also, for the record, I don't give a tupenny fuck that you're "being mean". You ain't hurting my feelings. I just get sick of the /edhg/ cycle of "ask for advice, refuse all of it, act like a know-it-all-dick who doesn't even need advice".
>>
thanks for the advice everyone, i've added aurification and mystic barrier to my deck
>>
>>52324920
>yeah i sure am being a toxic shitlord
Finally some sense out of your mouth and now gtfo
Your deck is shit, you're a shit player and a shit person
>>
>>52325052
>Your deck is shit
my deck is actually rated at 0,994 out of 1 on r/cEDH
>>
>>52324858
if i was in your game i'd focus you too
>>
>>52325074
Post your list then tough guy
>>
File: jhoiraoftheghitu.full.jpg (98KB, 240x345px) Image search: [Google]
jhoiraoftheghitu.full.jpg
98KB, 240x345px
my friends tend to like to play annoying enchantments, are there any good enchantment-hate in UR? I'm playing Jhoira from the ghetto
>>
>>52325306
48 swamps
48 plains
no mercy
ghostly prison
windborn muse
>>
>>52325324
>no orbs of warding
it's shit
>>
File: AuraFlux.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
AuraFlux.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>52325310
>>
>>52325438
delicious, thanks anon
>>
Ok guys after opening a box of mm17 and pulling 2 fetches I finally brought myself to invest in land
So what are the best lands to run in breya? So far I run Arid Mesa, Flooded Strand and Bloodstained Mire and currently looking at either Marsh Flats or Polluted Delta, leaning towards the Delta.
Shocks aren't an issue since I'll just get each I can run.
I'll be taking out my bouncelands and odyssey filters leaving me with painlands and scrylands in the nonbasic category should I get the Zendikar battle lands too and run off-color fetches to get them?
Thanks for reading my blog post
>>
>>52325616
>What are the best lands to run in Breya
Literally every single fetchland, plus all four of your shocks and all four of your duals. Also Command Tower.
>>
>>52325616
Original Duals
Off color fetches
Man lands
Lorwyn filter lands
Bfz have lands
>>
>>52325666
>Off-color fetches
To be fair, that's literally 4 of them, and they're only barely "off color" in a 4 color deck.
>>
White is the shittiest color, my god. I just can't bring myself to build a deck with White in it.

Convince me otherwise.
>>
>>52325616
>after spending $200 on $50 worth of lands I decided to spend another couple hundred dollars on lands
Tangolands are shit, might as well be basics.
>>
>>52325708
White is intentionally kneecapped CA-wise (such that you have to jump through hoops for it, like with Sram/Puresteel/Mentor of the Meek) because of how well it can deal with EVERYTHING. It has some of the best spot removal in the game (Path, Swords, potentially Unexpectedly Absent), it has great mass-removal, it can deal with Enchantments and Artifacts extremely efficiently, it has ways to deal with literally ANY kind of nonland permanent in the form of various O-Ring effects, it has great recursion of creatures, moderately good recursion of artifacts and enchantments, good small-efficient-dudes, some good big-beaters in the form of angels

Really the biggest weakness white has is "lack of card draw", which is why it's so strong when paired with blue or black.
>>
>>52323426
Man, Chandra may be a complete joke of a character and card type but I'm sad we never got oath playmats. That art would make a nice mat.
>>
File: Image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>52325310
>>
>>52325849
>10/4/2004 Gaining control of an enchantment often isn't very interesting since it probably won't change what the enchantment is doing. It only matters if the enchantment does something specifically to "you" or "an opponent" or if the enchantment has an activated ability (which only the controller can use).

what did the rulings mean by this?
>>
>>52325872
Enchantments tend to be universal, especially older enchantments.
>>
>>52325708
White is probably the strongest support color besides blue, mono white is just kinda bad (if you're not going sram or weenies).
Still struggling with how to draw cards in my angel tribal boros deck.
>>
>>52325840
Well, there's nothing stopping the artists from making them with the new IP rules. Worst case scenario you could ping the artist who did Oath of Chandra and ask if they've considered making Oath playmats to sell.
>>
>>52325872
It doesn't matter who controls a Blood Moon or Rancor in most cases.
>>
>>52325894
Wheel, Mentor package, Skullclamp and tutors, Howling Mine effects.
>>
>>52325708
Swords to plowshares, Nigga. Path to exile is alright too. Also wrath effects.
>>
>>52325840
I agree, I love the art on that oath. I'm considering going to inked playmats just to get one made. Funny thing is my superfriends deck is Atraxa so I have every planeswalker but the red ones.
>>
>>52325872
A good majority of old enchantments didn't specify "you". It wouldn't matter if you gained control of something like Lethal Vapors or Confusion in the Ranks.

However... it is awesome to gain control of someone's Mirari's Wake or Mana Reflection. Or their Ghostly Prison-like enchantments.
>>
>>52325910
>Wesley Burt has done all the oath cards.
Actually might not be a bad idea to ask. Would be cool if he was cool with it and just released them like a collection.
>>52325922
I'm the same except my Atraxa isn't superfriends and is just counter synergy.

I do run flamecaller in mizzix though.
>>
>>52326171
It's worth a shot. Up until a few years ago, the artists couldn't really do much- they could sell the Artist Proofs they got, they could sell prints of the full art, and they could do alters/signatures/whatever, but they couldn't sell other MERCH with the art. WOTC changed that up, and a lot of artists ran wild with it- Terese Nielsen has a bunch of playmats with her art for sale, for example.

So yeah, ping him. If he gets enough people asking, he'd probably do something.
>>
>>52325872
kek, rulings expressing their opinions
anyone know of any more like this?
>>
>>52326272
8/23/2016: The last ability of Queen Marchesa (long may she reign) checks to see if an opponent is the monarch as your upkeep begins. If no opponent is the monarch, Queen Marchesa’s (long may she reign) ability won’t trigger at all. Queen Marchesa’s (long may she reign) ability will also check to see if an opponent is the monarch as it tries to resolve. If no opponent is the monarch at that time, Queen Marchesa’s (long may she reign) ability will have no effect.

8/25/2015: Yes, your opponent can’t even. We know.

10/4/2004: It must flip like a coin and not like a Frisbee.

10/1/2007: Yes, the opponent draws seven cards. It’s not optional.

12/1/2004: Yes, you’re allowed to have a deck consisting of sixty Relentless Rats and nothing else.

6/8/2016: Victimize can be used to put both parts of the B.F.M. onto the battlefield at once.
>>
>>52326272
>>52326371
10/1/2007: This currently has no creature type. It’s Nameless.

12/1/2004: You could gain control of yourself using Mindslaver, but gaining control of yourself doesn’t really do anything.

10/4/2004: The artist is actually Justin Hampton.

10/4/2004: The ability is a mana ability, so it is activated and resolves as a mana ability, but it can only be activated at times when you can cast an instant. Yes, this is a bit weird.

10/4/2004: This is not an Island.

6/22/2015: Yes, if the fourth mode is the only one remaining, you must choose it. You read the whole contract, right?

5/29/2014: If you have Power Play but aren’t the starting player (because another player also had Power Play), your place in the turn order is unaffected. If you’re sitting to the right of the starting player, you’re going last. Not all Power Plays bear fruit.

6/1/2005: Yes, Soulshift 7. Promised Kannushi can return any Spirit with converted mana cost of 7 or less. However, Promised Kannushi is a Human Druid, not a Spirit.
>>
File: 20170323_122908.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170323_122908.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>52326198
Can confirm that Nielsen's playmats are great.
>>
>>52325666
>Original Duals
Out of my price range but as soon as i have the spare cash i'll be getting them
>Off color fetches
They'll be included
>Man lands
Why? I don't plan turning them into creatures and I can't fetch them either.
>Lorwyn filter lands
Are those the hybrid filters? If so i'll be looking to get them might wait for a reprint though
>Bfz have lands
Not sure about those. depends what the deck looks like once I got the rest of shocks, fetches and filters

Any suggestions on (colorless) utility lands?
>>
>>52326975
>colorless utility lands
>In a 4 color deck
>>
>>52326975
Ancient Tomb
City of Traitors
>>
>>52326975
what does your decklist look like for that breya?
>>
>>52326975
Manlands are just for more color fixing and can be a mana sink later. If you dont care about them then go for the fast lands in Scars/Kaladesh. You can fetch for the bfz lands.

Reliquary tower
Maze of Ith
Wasteland/Ghost Quarter/Strip Mine
Inventors Fair
>>
File: 12 Decks.png (989KB, 2436x852px) Image search: [Google]
12 Decks.png
989KB, 2436x852px
>>52321992
>Postem.png

Putting the finishing touches on my Shattergang deck then have to go through and make sure the older tappedout lists are correct but I finally filled my deck box with decks.

>Also looking to build a budget Ruric Thar deck since the table has 2 Narsets. Anybody have a list?

Only my buddies budget list:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cheap-gruul-creatures/
>>
Hold up.

Are Sylvan Primordial and Prophet of Kruphix both legal in duels?
>>
>>52327287
As in french/leviathan/duel commander? Yes.
MTGO and possibly your LGS 1v1? No.
>>
>>52327381
Weird. Didn't realize there was a difference.
>>
>>52327237
You didn't underline the RUG deck for High Tier and that triggers me.

Also who are the commanders for your Elf, Groupslug, and RUG deck. (Taking a wild guess that RUG = Maelstrom wanderer)
>>
>>52327237
Have a list for the boros group slug?
>>
>>52327112
Decklist:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/c-c-c-combobreya/

>>52327230
Ok then I'm not sure I want to run about 10 basics when I'm finished to not get blown out too hard by blood moon.
>Inventors Fair, Maze of Ith
Yes, great suggestions, already run a strip mine

>>52327107
Not sure about ancient tomb and don't know what City does from the top of my head, I'll look into it when I'm home at my pc
>>
>>52321286
>You can't have WPN if you sell booze
Tell that to my LGS, people are always drinking a beer or two during FNM.
>>
File: Twelve Decks.png (1MB, 2436x852px) Image search: [Google]
Twelve Decks.png
1MB, 2436x852px
>>52327542
Better?

>>52327658
>Have a list for the boros group slug?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-secret-slugger/

I havent made sure its 100% up to date but it is for the low-tier decks in my group. Works great for teaching newer EDH games as it quickens games.
>>
>>52327715
How does U/W superfriends even work? No Doubling Season? No thank you.

Do you just play stax and control into ults or something?
>>
What are some non backbreaking win cons for captain sisay? Right now my idea for a low power win is kaldra voltron.
>>
>>52327749
>How does U/W superfriends even work?
Poorly

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hannas-superfriend-pillowship/

>Do you just play stax and control into ults or something?

Not hard Stax since I dont have the ramp or blink to get around them . Just slow and pillowforty.

I need to get some Elspeths in there so I can get some chump blocking tokens.
>>
>>52327858
Just realized that hannah deck is a bit out of date. I switched Karn out for Ugin so I could have Karn for Maelstrom Wanderer.

Its a pain in the dick keeping all these tapped outs in line.
>>
File: swag.jpg (122KB, 1024x597px) Image search: [Google]
swag.jpg
122KB, 1024x597px
>Thragtusk is now a dollar rare
Well shit. I might want to try him out in some decks. I remember hating to play against it in standard because I was a broke bitch.
>>
is lord of extinction any good in space babby?
>>
What are some essential cards for a Jin-Gitaxias deck?
>>
File: 240062.full.jpg (51KB, 200x278px) Image search: [Google]
240062.full.jpg
51KB, 200x278px
How do I keep my Maelstrom deck from getting rekt in multiplayer? It does extremely well in 1v1, but in multiplayer it seems it has only 2 ways to go:

>draw very well, btfo entire table with sick ramp into sick cascades into a billion combat damage, essentially 1v3 everyone, everyone gets sad, this happens rarely
>draw only decently, get shat on by 3 other players after i curve out, get slowly btfo by shitty unavoidable damage and constant removal
>draw poorly, get focused down anyway even if i have literally nothing on my board, even if i don't have mana to cast maelstrom wanderer (i once got focused over a nekusar player with bloodchief ascension out, even though i was mana screwed for the past 5 turns and had 7 mana overall)

i don't really know how to make this deck win more reliably than maybe 8% of the time, besides just going full-ham with the combo-esque combat damage and just focus on trying to kill the whole table by turn 6-7 or something. but then my dumb shit friends would probably complain that i'm being too much of a tryhard

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/smashmaster-2000/

there's my deck for reference
>>
>>52328378
Jin-Gitaxias
>>
>>52328470
kek.

seriously though.
>>
>>52327237
>Jhoira and lazav
>High tier
>>
>>52328480
Island
>>
>>52328408
just realized i said "2 ways" but then described 3 ways

typical gruul player doesn't even know how to count
>>
>>52328378
Sol ring
>>
>>52328378
cyclonic rift
>>
File: 1478742141127.jpg (19KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1478742141127.jpg
19KB, 400x388px
>want to buy a funny card that isn't even that strong
>look it up
>wotc printed it as a mythic like 3 years ago
>it costs 10-30 dollars because of it

fucking mythic rarity RRRREEEEEEE
>>
>>52328582
Oh man how do I know that feel...

What's her name?
>>
>>52328588
mikaeus the unhallowed
archangel of thune
batterskull
wurmcoil engine
avacyn, angel of hope
sheoldred, whispering one
>>
>>52328657
Uh, most of those are quite strong actually. What are you building, Orzhov Lifegain/Reanimate?
>>
>>52328284
In just about any deck that CAN play him, Lord of Extinction is a big beater for a low cost. The problem is that he has absolutely no evasion or protection built in, which means he's likely to just eat a Path or get chumped all day. In Wrathbaby it might be interesting, since you could drop it after clearing the board and eliminate one of those two problems.
>>
>>52328696
well i was originally looking for colorless lifegain options for my maelstrom, and looked up wurmcoil's and batterskull's price, but your post reminded me that there are a ton of other cards i've been wanting to get in the past but couldn't have

i don't think wurmcoil engine is *that* strong in edh. it's just a plain old beater evasionless beater that also has lifelink
>>
>>52328657
>Dirty Mike
>Archangel of Thune
>Batterskull
>Wurmcoil
>Avacyn
>"not even that strong"
Are you from an alternate reality?
>>
>>52328769
i'm very insecure about my alternate reality, thank you very much for asking
>>
File: 1482692332862.png (233KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482692332862.png
233KB, 640x480px
>>52328572
>>52328555
>>52328495
>>52328470
This is a good meme.
>>
>>52328657
Mickey: Black Edition is one half of a two-card combo that goes in any black deck, as well as being a really good wrath-insurance card and being a fairly aggressively costed body with an anthem stapled to him.

Archangel is one half of an infinite combo that KINDA sees play in Modern sometimes.

Batterskull is Batterskull, where the fuck have you been

Wurmcoil is commonly called "The sixth Titan", and wasn't printed like 5 times like the 'real' Titans, and goes in any deck

Avacyn is like a poster girl for EDH: a big expensive Angel with a huge effect. Also, as with Thune, any "playable" angel tends to get a price bump because of casuals.

Sheoldred is a long-term reanimation engine that gives you +4 CA per turn cycle that she's alive, and can reasonably be an unblockable 6/6 for 7 on top of that.
>>
>>52328740
It's a 6/6 for 6 with Deathtouch and Lifelink that leaves behind a 3/3 "Fuck you" blocker and a 3/3 lifelink attacker when it dies. It's 100% value to recur, too.

But yeah nah, that sucks, who would play that
>>
>>52328657
>want to buy a funny card that isn't even that strong
>lists that shit
typical fucking retard
>>
>>52328809
>>52328820
oh my god why can't you read the full message chain
>>
>>52327679
well, if you are getting 4 fetchs, then just stick with shocks and bfz duals. check lands would also work too, as they would see the shocks and bfz duals. combined with the 4 shard/wedge lands and command tower / mana confluence / city of brass / forbidden orchard should be more than enough color fixing

reliquary is a must, but beyond that, it depends what you want the utility lands to do that your deck already does or doesn't do
>>
>>52328827
>Want to buy a funny card that isn't even that strong
>It costs a lot because it's a mythic from a few years ago
>Tantrum
>Lists a bunch of obviously strong cards as examples
I read the whole chain of comments. Did you?
>>
>>52328852
yes

by funny card i was originally referring to wurmcoil engine, which is a good, unique creature, but definitely not "20 bucks" good

i'm only throwing a "tantrum" because you're acting like a moron. you're better than this, i believe in you
>>
File: 1292307519107.png (919KB, 1268x709px) Image search: [Google]
1292307519107.png
919KB, 1268x709px
>>52328769
>mfw sheoldred's price doubled since i last picked up 3 of them

why???
>>
>>52328887
>But definitely not "20 bucks" good
It's all cardstock that's worth fractions of a cent, inherently.

None of these cards are 'worth' anything. They have value because we apply it to them. The only reason Wurmcoil is a "20 dollar card" (hint: it isn't, you can get one for 12 easily) is because a sufficient number of people are willing to pay that price for it. There's exactly as many Worldwake copies of Jace, the Mind Sculptor printed as there were Novablast Wurms. The only reason one of them costs a dollar and the other costs 70 is because more people 'value' Jace at that price.
>>
>>52328900
>Narset Transcendant is a 13 dollar card
Fucking how? I remember picking mine up for like 4 dollars!
>>
File: 1455091298217.jpg (87KB, 600x572px) Image search: [Google]
1455091298217.jpg
87KB, 600x572px
>>52328900
Popular in EDH, No printings since New Phyrexia.

>>52328809
>>52328657
For real tho, I don't understand why Archangel of Thune is pushing 25 bucks. Is it really that popular in EDH? Does it see play in Modern? I don't get it.
>>
>>52328916
what is even your point lmao
>>
>>52328887
>aggressively costed 6/6 life link death touch for 6
>that is also one of the best token producers the game
>that's also splashable in any deck
>not worth 20 bucks
No anon, your just retarded.
>>
>>52328939
I know for a while there was a deck that combo'd it with Spike Feeder. It might just be price memory from that.
>>
File: 0422.png (210KB, 599x457px) Image search: [Google]
0422.png
210KB, 599x457px
>>52328935
>When you picked up 4 Mishra's Baubles for $5 each and now they're 45
>>
>>52328809
>Sheoldred is a long-term reanimation engine that gives you +4 CA per turn cycle that she's alive, and can reasonably be an unblockable 6/6 for 7 on top of that.

Sheoldred is mediocre to be honest

7 mana creature that will most likely eat a removal before it does anything substantial

>dies to removal meme

dies to removal meme is real if the card costs 7 mana to cast and needs a turn or two to get value out of
>>
>>52328962
I mean, that one I understand. It's played in Eternal formats and was only printed once, 11 years ago, in a summer supplement set
>>
>>52328949
no, youre are the retarded one here

>6/6 beater with a couple of keywords
>creates 3/3 beaters with a keyword each on death
>worth 20 bucks

ay lmao

here are some cards that actually have their power reflected in their monetary cost:

>demonic tutor
>mana crypt
>food chain
>ancient tomb

here are some cards that are expensive because wotc's rarity memery

>wurmcoil engine
>>
>>52329112
And yet again, /tg/ is bad at magic
>>
>>52329128
not an argument
>>
>>52328408

Keep losing or tune down your deck. People will focus down any commander that has the ability to quickly beat multiple opponents at once, which you have proven yours is capable of. Since MW is so explosive, they see you as a powder keg. Until you're not seen as the biggest potential threat at your table you will always be focused as you can win at any time, even if you yourself know you have a shit hand or setup.

My recommendation is to literally talk to your friends, explain how you don't like being focused, and make the concession you're going to weaken your deck a bit. Maybe try it so that even if you cast MW, you might not necessarily generate an unavoidable loss for everyone. Look up big flashy/interesting but not super deadly spells and creatures, increase the fun and possibilities presented by casting your commander other than "everyone else dies." Naturally this flies in the face of being as competitive as possible, so you have to be okay with this.

You're in the same boat as Narset players: everyone knows what you can do and how fast you can do it, and they won't believe you're not like every other deck unless you show them otherwise.
>>
>>52328961
>>52328939
There are a fair number of spike feeder archangel combo decks in modern
>>
>>52329145
When did I say it was supposed to be one?
>>
>>52328792
edh rec
>>
>>52329163
not an argument
>>
File: 1476840371765.jpg (107KB, 357x495px) Image search: [Google]
1476840371765.jpg
107KB, 357x495px
>>52329159
>>52328961
Spike Feeder being from Time Spiral caught me off guard. Well shit.
>>
>>52329155
The thing is that that they never even saw my deck in action before they just began focusing me, they just saw that I built it out of my Xenagos (which did contain a lot of ways to one-shot players and/or the table) so I guess they're still just spooked by that

I've won one game with the deck in the month I've had it, and that was with a very rare and interesting combination play with jokulhaups later into the game, and people got very upset. not sure if it was the "oh no we lost i sure am mad" kind of upset or the "fuck u anon u fucking tryhard piece of shit" kind of upset. either way I took jokulhaups out of my deck after that

I think they should eventually realize that just because I can ramp and throw dumb gruul fatties onto the board, doesn't mean that I can instantly kill everyone. I mean there's a guy who plays Jeleva in my group and he basically amassed an insurmountable lead and won by attacking once with jeleva after being land screwed for the first 4 turns into the game, yet I still get focused more than him because "you have the most permanents" or "you have the most life"

Maybe my group is just retarded
>>
Newshitter here. In your opinion, what's an acceptable number of counterspells and reset buttons to run in a mono blue deck? I realize EDH is meant to be played for fun, but all my legendary creatures are mono-colored.
>>
>>52329319
depends on the deck
Talrand/Baral? like all of them
Azami? Good ones to protect the combo
Jace? Win before most counters become useful
>>
>>52329319
probably like 8-10 if you intend to be holding one or two counterspells for most of the game

if you're worried about people having fun, focus more on being smart and not a dickhead with counterspell use, ie. don't just blow them all on the first guy who goes after you. counterspell sparingly, and remember what kind of problematic spells your opponents can run. don't counterspell omnath, but counterspell craterhoof. don't counterspell gilded lotus, but counterspell paradox engine. etc. if your counterspells aren't producing sighs of relief at the table, then you are probably not using them right.
>>
>>52329315

It sounds like your just need to talk to your group. Honestly the decklist is nowhere near as terrifying as I assumed as I read it after my post, so the onus is one you to just explain what you want to do and that you're not manipulating topdecks or anything like that, just want to cast and smash with big fatties. If they don't listen after that play something else to take the heat off for a while, or play with other people for a bit if you really want to play MW.
>>
>>52329375
>Honestly the decklist is nowhere near as terrifying as I assumed as I read it after my post

Yeah I purposefully toned down the one-shot memery in the deckbuilding process since my Xenagos used to get hated a lot for it. So it's basically just a big zoo for the gruul creatures that I find fun
>>
>>52329174
Not that guy, just appreciating the comedy.
>>
>>52328851
>reliquary is a must
I was about to argue against it because discarding artifacts before casting open the vaults is one of my win cons but with Necropotence being my main draw engine it is indeed very useful.

In regards to what to take out. It's quite clear to cut the bouncelands and mirrodin's core first but where do I go from there?
Are the tainted lands worth running? And do i get rid of the scry or painlands first?
>>
>>52329354
I'm using Arcanis to draw into my krakens/leviathans/sphinxes, but I feel I need a lot of powerful removal to protect myself until they hit the field, since blue isn't known for having a great deal of useful creatures early game.

>>52329364
Alright. I can do that easily.

But what about reset buttons? Like sorceries that send all non-land permanents all players control to their owner's hands? I've got 11 cards in my deck that does a variation of that and I'm playing against a lot of decks that use +1/+1 counters or swarming with elves or wolves, so it's a hard hit to the table. I'm well aware that it's frustrating to lose everything you have to that, but what better option to deal with those types of decks?
>>
>>52329550
if you're playing against a lot of swarm decks then i'd run like 5-7 board wipes. i'm guessing you aren't creature based in your deck, so i'd focus on creature-based wipes, like evacuation etc. non-land non-creature removal isn't probably as important
>>
>>52329550
>>52329591
also if you aren't opposed to being pillowforty, you can also run anti-swarm cards like propaganda, silent arbiter, crawlspace, and various other creature hate permanents in blue
>>
>>52329547
in my experience, tainteds don't work unless you have a surefire way of getting either urborg or a swamp out. otherwise you are better off with using them in a 2 color deck, and even then it's risky.

painlands would be first, then scry as you go. you are in blue and have good amounts of tutors, making the scrylands redundant. also if you really want to scry, a crystal ball is fine too.

gemstone is also one i would personally cut, since it would be better in atraxa, like the vivids.

strip mine is nice but you don't have other ways to either recur or to capitalize on it. (in that case i would add vandalblast because of lattice)
>>
File: 24501938_p1.jpg (271KB, 571x800px) Image search: [Google]
24501938_p1.jpg
271KB, 571x800px
>>52329591
>>52329621
Alright, I'll modify my deck accordingly. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>52329796
as a side note, why trinket mage over trophy or treasure mage?
>>
File: 1438982884959.jpg (32KB, 280x466px) Image search: [Google]
1438982884959.jpg
32KB, 280x466px
>Playing Mishra deck
>Opponent plays Cyclonic rift
>Have 2 mana open
>Use infinite draw to find a 2 costing counter spell
>mfw got to my last 5 cards before realizing I had no 2 cost counter spell in my deck.

That was a bit of an oversight
>>
File: nyet.jpg (3MB, 1925x2597px) Image search: [Google]
nyet.jpg
3MB, 1925x2597px
OK guess I'm building dralnu,

How do dralnu decks win?
>>
>>52329112
>demonic tutor
It's undercosted if anything. I got mine for 10 eurobucks each and that's fucking cheap imo
20 for wurmcoil is fine because it's pure value even if you don't abuse it.
120 for Imperial Seal is a result of wotcs rarity meme wurmcoil's price reflects it's value pretty well.
>>
>>52329924
easily
>>
>>52329924
sac outlets
reins of power
>>
File: 1432328583970.png (125KB, 232x359px) Image search: [Google]
1432328583970.png
125KB, 232x359px
>>52329889
>Not having a 2 cost counter in a blue deck

I hope you've since corrected that.
>>
>>52329924
the answer is always doomsday
>>
>>52329889
Do you mean left in the deck or at all?
>>
File: 1478040601406.png (264KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1478040601406.png
264KB, 375x523px
Would you play him?
>>
>>52330017
None at all. I was honestly flabbergasted.
>>52329977
Absolutely.
>>
>>52329796
Thanks a lot for your suggestions, it's my first time building a strong manabase like this so your thoughts are much appreciated.
>painlands would be first, then scry as you go [...] if you really want to scry, a crystal ball is fine too
Really? I don't like how it costs 4 mana before you can scry for the first time but I get that I hardly get scrys fo free. Atm I run the Scrylands above anything else because I don't feel my card draw package is good enough and those lands help a lot especiallly early game.
Could you suggest me something to improve that aspect of my deck?
>Gemstone Mine
Been thinking about for some time because it almost always feels like a waste to take counters off of it. adding a sun titan could help with that + strip mine but I can't decide on anything to cut for him.

>>52329886
Because Skull Clamp. My draw package isn't that great so I feel like I need it
>>
>>52329550
>blue doesn't have a great deal of useful creatures early game
owls are pretty good since they have scry effects and can chump block flyers, then there's fog bank and guard gomazoa, then there's that fantastic wizard who lets you look at the top 2 and put one in your hand, and mulldrifter. You've also got creatures like Man o' War and Aether Adept that can slow down your opponents pretty well.
they're not threatening, but they're definitely useful
>>
>>52329112
You do realize that a Mythic rare is roughly exactly as rare as Pre-Mythic REGULAR rares due to set sizes, right?
>>
>>52330425
bs
>>
>>52330453
Rares from large sets nowadays are roughly twice as common as rares from sets circa 8th Edition. Rares from circa 8th edition are basically exactly as rare as mythics from current large sets.

Before Mirrodin, large-set rares were about as rare as current mythic. Small-set rares are about the same as they are now. The only place mythic rarity really "shows" is in small sets; they're about 33% "rarer" than small-set rares have historically been.
>>
>>52330141
okay fair enough with the trinket mage

in my opinion for the following ways to do draw, but keep in mind that stuff that gets multiple triggers or stays on field is better then one off, plus you have tutors, so you will have to balance the two

>"scry" then draw
read the bones
forsee
impulse
preordain

>flat draw
divination / mulldrifter (whichever you prefer
deep analysis
see beyond
night's whisper
erebos / greed
bloodgift demon / phyrexian arena

>flat "scry"
augury owl / contraband kingpin (id kingpin since artifacts, his value goes up)
lim dul's vault

>looting (putting things into graveyard before or after drawing)
thirst for knowledge
frantic search
forbidden alchemy
moonlight bargain
ancient excavation
cathartic reunion
tormenting voice

other anon's can add to this if they like, thats just the ones i would use personally
>>
File: 11.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
New thread when?
>>
>>52329924
Doomsday or Tendrils probably.
>>
>be building pic related
>no one in group has a zombie deck
>excited to be the first
>talk to friend about how I'm not sure whether I wanna switch the general to Gisa and Geralf since they were spoiled
>tell him I'll probably stick with Gisa
>today I find out he's building Gisa and Geralf himself before I've even half finished with Ghoulcaller Gisa
Does it mean I'm autistic that this bugs me as much as it does? Like seriously, he's never even made any mention of interest in zombie tribal.
>>
>>52329924
counters.dec with planeswalkers
>>
>>52321992
post rakdos deck.

im trying to make R/B combo and decided to use him just because he looks badass and has some value
>>
>>52330684
probably, but how long have you been trying to build her compared to him trying to build g and g?
>>
File: 1469608338144.jpg (56KB, 277x401px) Image search: [Google]
1469608338144.jpg
56KB, 277x401px
>>52330624
>>
>>52330774
Oh well I've been talking to him about building her for years but I have a huge list of dudes I'm trying to build so it's been slow going.

I didn't even know he was planning on building G&G till this morning. He's never made any mention of the card or zombies in general.
>>
>>52330803
your fault, Gisa and Geralf are pretty fun
>>
>>52330824
Knowing him, if I'd told him I'd switched to Gisa and Geralf, he'd probably have ended up building Gisa and I'd be just as annoyed.
>>
>>52330838
at least his isn't building a gisa deck.
>>
>>52330803
>Talking about building her for years
That's on you, cupcake. If you've been dragging your feet on a deck for 2-3 fucking years, your "dibs" expired loooooooong ago.
>>
what cards have cool foils?
>>
File: KWR5hZL.jpg (195KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
KWR5hZL.jpg
195KB, 1200x1600px
>>52331776
Gift of Orzhova.
>>
>>52331795
that is really nice
>>
>>52320566
>whiny
Justin
>Calm
Johnathan
>Angry
Stephen
>Trolling
Jeremy
>>
>>52319044
If you're going intet you may as well just go maelstrom wanderer.
>>
>>52331905
i miss west and mcdarby
>>
>>52318395
We're all friends, so we shit-talk each other at the table and then go out to drink after
>>
>>52319044

Intet Dragon Tribal is my first from Scratch EDH deck, and I have a ton of fun with her. Sarkhan Unbroken, Surrak Dragonclaw, and Temur Ascendancy are totally worth while, plus the addition of a few counter spells is pretty nice. You also get Progenitor Mimic which can be a ton of fun, especially on stuff like Utvara Hellkite.
>>52331960

Malestrom Wanderer isn't Dragon Tribal.
>>
>>52318395
We're all family, so general chit-chat. Game nights, like most get-togethers, are pretty comfy
>>
>>52318395

We've all been friends since highschool and now four of us work together in a great job.

If we aren't talking about EDH we will be talking about the Autistic Flavor of the Month we have jumped on.

EDH is what we do when we hang out.

We catch up, drink, smoke and be merry and then we we arent hanging out we have random video games or work related drama to chat about.
>>
>>52332134
Wes was hilarious.
>>
>>52324299
>>52324320
You couple niggers, nothing is changing in Commander, it's still casual dumbfun for multiplayer.
But starting with Amonkhet, 1v1 Commander becomes a SEPARATE sanctioned format with it's own banlist.
French and Leviathan are dead, most probably Highlander, Tiny Memers and Planeswalker Wars too. The people who wanted a competitive Commander variant are finally getting it and no concessions will need to be made because we're getting official support rather than a bunch of "comitees" nobody asked for.
>>
File: Bitterblossom.jpg (180KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bitterblossom.jpg
180KB, 1280x720px
>>52326545
Do you just contact/email the artist for their permission for the art first? I would like some playmats with specific Magic art.
>>
From the Vault, Foil Eternal Masters, or Worldwake non foil Jace the Mindsculptor?
>>
>>52333348
as long as you aren't selling the playmats to anybody, you can probably just use a high-quality image and get it off inked. That's what I did.
>>
>cards that will be expensive once commander becomes "competitive"

My vote is for necropotence, but I could see Sire of Insanity, Gaddock Teeg and motherfucking land tax getting a big hike. Maybe warstorm surge and ashnods too.
>>
File: retard.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
What cards are better in non-english languages?
>>
File: 20170323_200857.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170323_200857.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>52333348
I got it from her online shop, came signed and with the sweet Stocking Tiger card that I use as a bookmark now.
>>52331776
Do judge foils count?
>>
File: retard.png (1MB, 752x994px) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
1MB, 752x994px
>>52333984
Fuck me.
>>
File: demonictutorgermanwb.jpg (163KB, 600x838px) Image search: [Google]
demonictutorgermanwb.jpg
163KB, 600x838px
>>52333984

dat flavor text
>>
File: Foil Kozilek.jpg (834KB, 1920x1241px) Image search: [Google]
Foil Kozilek.jpg
834KB, 1920x1241px
>>52331776
All foils deserve love.
>>
>>52331776
Words of Waste and Auratog are my favorites. Auratog is so goddamn shiny that people have seriously complained about it saying that they're going to develop cataracts if the shop lights align somewhat well.
>>
>>52330030
by reporting you
>>
File: post'em.png (687KB, 1055x650px) Image search: [Google]
post'em.png
687KB, 1055x650px
>>52321992
Never made a list of decks before, is the format ok?

If anyone has ideas on what to do with Toshiro I would really appreciate it.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tostito-umezawa-1/
>>
File: uber.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
uber.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>52333984
uber fart
>>
File: mydecks.png (5MB, 2900x1608px) Image search: [Google]
mydecks.png
5MB, 2900x1608px
this isn't even fun any more

help me make a fun deck
>>
>>52334635
Why not try a budget deck? Maybe optimising with cheap cards will make the game more fun.
>>
File: 408.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
408.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>52333984
Winter Orb becomes motherfucking FROSTBRINGER in German
>>
>>52334148
That's fucking tight. God damn.

>no Metalworker
>>
>>52334635
Needs some more jank

Play Zada
>>
>>52334635

Here's some suggestions for decks:
Kaho, Minamo Historian
Rith the Awakener
Treva the Renewer
Saskia the Unyielding
Karametra, God of Harvests (Angel Tribal)
Selvala, Explorer Returned
Noyan Dar, Roil Shaper
-Atog Atog (GL with this one)
-Sygg, River Guide
>>
>>52334867
Don't have a foil one, lots of important cards missing from that deck since I used two rules when building it. 1: Only foils, 2: Everything has to come from my collection or from trades, no buying cards for the deck.
>>
File: 214.jpg (44KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
214.jpg
44KB, 312x445px
>>52333984
Some of the Spanish ones are pretty good. Legends and planeswalkers end up sounding like luchadors
>>
File: lightningboltgermanbb.jpg (166KB, 600x838px) Image search: [Google]
lightningboltgermanbb.jpg
166KB, 600x838px
>>52334834
>>
this is the strongest comander
>>
>>52335877
i agree
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 223x310px
>>52335877
yes this one
>>
File: IMG_8013.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8013.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>52331776
defense grid
>>
File: french delay.jpg (37KB, 873x149px) Image search: [Google]
french delay.jpg
37KB, 873x149px
Why do plebs hate Sol Ring so much?
>>
>>52335993
because it's the only ramp plebs play so they think it's a card that makes you instantly win if you have it in your opening hand
>>
File: Image (16).png (141KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (16).png
141KB, 223x310px
>>52333984
German names are always cool or silly sounding.
>>
>>52335993
I would tutor wheel of fortune every. Single. Time.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/storm-8-any-blocks/

Made a cheap ass Shu Yun build, wondering how I can improve it if I sunk an extra $20 into it.
>>
>>52336345
Eye of the storm is a bit of a double edged sword, but it does cast the copies so you can get that storm/prowess count way up.
>>
>>52333311
You stupid nigger, we were talking about 1v1 commander. It's literally mentioned in both posts.

Also 1v1 will die out if there really are going to be 3-4 separate ways to play it and wotc changes the banlist for 1v1. If they don't rip the changes straight from the French site it probably will die. I doubt wotc will ban Sol ring though.
>>
File: muzzio voltron.jpg (78KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
muzzio voltron.jpg
78KB, 960x540px
Feels good man
>>
>>52336460
nice pameem
>>
>>52336460
>Them drawn on shades
noice
>>
>>52336442
Don't you want to already have killed someone by the time you're at 7 mana though?
>>
>>52335993
>Sol Ring
>Not Entomb
>Not Hypergenesis
>Not Oath of Druids
>Not Hermit Druid
>Not Bazaar of Baghdad
>Not Commandeer
What a loser
>>
>>52335993
>>52336647

Assuming I made the deck knowing that I would always have one card in my opening hand, I wouldn't tutor for fast mana, since I have multiple of those.

I'd tutor for a piece that lets me abuse the fast mana.
>>
>>52319855
>being the control player when the player on your right isnt trying to interact at all
>being the control player and you start with leyline of anticipation
It really feels like you're a tactical genius when you blasphemous act at eot.
>>
File: enthusiasm.jpg (103KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
enthusiasm.jpg
103KB, 960x720px
I got back into magic after a while and bought the Breya deck, like apparently everyone else.

Then i upgraded it into this http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-03-17-nmM-breya/

Tell me what you think about this unoriginal deck that everyone has.
>>
>>52337212
Hey, it's nothing compared to how many people play Atraxa
>>
>>52337284
I actually wanted to get her instead but realized making my dream superfriends commander deck would be very expensive and not that great.
>>
>>52337306
Atraxa is powerful but not all that fun
>>52335898
anyone have a good list for the triad? they look pretty bad but there's gotta be something fun you could do with them
>>
>>52337530
esper blink deck without blue

yes it's bad
>>
>>52333693
FTV, worldwake jaces have a bunch of chinamen proxies being sold as legit.
>>
>>52336332
My nigga, wheel hands are the absolute best starts in commander.
>>
>>52338260
make sure to get that leovold/notion thief out first :^)
>>
I built an Ephara deck that draws a metric fuckton of cards, but besides the value of always hitting my land drops and always having gas, there isn't really a win-con. I tend to just get overpowered while I draw 5 cards every turn cycle.

Any fun win conditions I can capitalize on?
>>
File: di.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
di.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>52338617
>>
>>52338640
That isn't a win condition you fucking blunderbuss I hate you so much.
>>
>>52337212
please r8, h8, tell me i suck, give me (you)s or suggest cards to remove or add
>>
Xth for UGx is the cancer that's killing EDH
>>
>>52337212
Add Fabricate. Reshape, and Kuldotha Forgemaster.
>>
>>52338366
>leyline of anticipation
>burgeoning
>leovald eot 1
>days undoing on the next players drawstep
GG ez
>>
>>52339156
Wasn't sure i wanted to go full tutor, but yeah i think i can add those, thanks

I'm not sure how relevant etherium shaper and chief engineer are, i might remove one of them
>>
>>52338617
Squadron Hawk and Lorthos. Stitcher Geralf. Iona and if you want to be competitive, Storm Crow
>>
>>52339288
>How to Get Banned from a Playgroup 101
>>
I just took apart a Teysa deck and now I've got a perfectly tuned Orzhov manabase and no deck to put it in. suggestions for what I should put it in?
>>
File: me_when_my_parents_t.jpg (709KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
me_when_my_parents_t.jpg
709KB, 1224x1632px
>>52340322
The trash.
I sincerely hope this general auto-sages to the bottom and just dies and nobody ever makes an EDH general again. This amount of autism, trolling, and feint-superiority are not just annoying, but clinically dangerous. You people need help. You people truly and genuinely have a problem, on an interpersonal and social level you are all broken.
>>
File: StormCrow.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
StormCrow.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>52340460
have you seen most of this website?
>>
>>52340565

>>52340565

New thread
>>
>>52328993
>high mana cost meme
Yeah, no one would run reanimation alongside Sheoldred, that's stupid

>doesn't get value immediately meme
Even if you only get halfway around the board before it dies, it's a Diabolic Edict per upkeep and the free reanimation is a "must answer" threat that's likely to return if you don't have exile/tuck
>>
File: 1485807905223.png (586KB, 637x510px) Image search: [Google]
1485807905223.png
586KB, 637x510px
>>52329948
Wurmcoil isn't even 20, it's like 15$ USD, like cmon now
>>
>>52341359
let it be 15 idc
even if it costed 20 its still worth it
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.