[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH commander thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 65

File: 1390793704581edit.png (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1390793704581edit.png
3MB, 1920x1200px
Armature hour Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread question
Do you purposely mix up your meta when it gets too stale?
>>
>>52340565
>Do you purposely mix up your meta when it gets too stale?
I keep churning out decks for silliness, like this business http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/what-even-is-that/
>>
>>52340565
Yes, my playgroup doesnt realize it but when I draw and play certain cards I usually retire it and replace it with a new card. They're in my gimick/jank slots and even in a "competetive" deck I have at least 5 slots devoted to hilarious jank.
>>
Is there a fun way to play Selesnya/Naya? Sidar+Tana has piqued my interest but I can't tell if it's actually fun or not to play.
>>
>>52341018
Uril and marath are both good
>>
Rate the new cards I'm including in my deck

Also what's up with the new 30 life rule for 1 vs 1? My Obzedat lifegain is going to be a lot shittier, not cool Wizards
>>
>>52341147
It's kinda funny that I caught myself getting upset at Rift and being proud about Armageddon. Choice picks, mate.
>>
>thread question
My meta doesn't get stale because I'm always changing things up because I enjoy deckbuilding more than playing.
>>
File: Armageddon_PT.jpg (49KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Armageddon_PT.jpg
49KB, 312x445px
>>52341147
1v1 has 20 life now, not 30. Also it's not a format that's managed by WotC, nor is EDH.
Stony Silence is meta dependant, and can be from useless to backbreaking. Rift is a staple. Knight is awful and should be using Wayfarer usually most of the time and Armageddon is good. I dislike the FtV foil though, Portal, Portal Second Age and ABURgeddon arts and cards are good.
>>
>>52341272
1v1 has been changed to 30 life from 40 on Magic Online, get with the times gramps.
>>
>>52341446
But in actual duel commander it's 20 life, I know considering I played in those tournaments recently unfortunately.
>>
>>52341272
Wayfarer does not put the land into play, just hand. Knight is hella fucking good, it's literally wood elves but better.
>>
>>52341446

In Magic Online, but in paper too?
Like, if I play with my friends at home today and do a 1 vs 1 casual match, do I have to start at 30?
>>
>>52341456
Depends on whether it's duel commander or leviathan.

>>52341555
It's a casual match, you don't have to do anything. Wizards are making changes to Magic Online to support 1v1 commander tourneys, and accidentally rolled out the 30 life change too early. What else is in store is currently up in the air, but it's probably going to make waves into how people play 1v1 commander offline as well.
>>
Returning player to MTG who played before EDH officially became commander, I was thinking of giving commander a shot since it's something pretty different than the usual I have been playing when it comes to MTG but I have 0 idea where to start, so I was wondering if there is a tier list or something for the commanders so I can get an idea of what is good and what isn't.
>>
>>52341703

Sure, do you have friends to play with? There are casual commanders for fun and then degenerate combo super strong commanders.

http://www.edhrec.com/

this website will help with anything commander related you need, it's great, spend some time looking at the options.
>>
>>52341715

I do have some friends to play with.
>>
File: fuked rite off m8.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
fuked rite off m8.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>52341703
best thing to do is find a legendary card you like and start putting aside single cards that work around that 1 card. thats how i made my first edh deck.
>>
>>52341721

Then pick a color combination you like and see what commanders it has, or any legendary creature you like as a commander, then EDHREC tells you statistically what the best cards are to include in the deck, it builds the deck itself basically
>>
Are cards like Dark Ritual or Bolt any good in EDH?
>>
>>52341845
Short answer: No
Long answer: If you're playing duel commander/french maybe, but outside meme combo decks, either one tends to get less useful the more players in game, and EDH tends to be played in groups of 4.
>>
>>52341869

Hmm true, so in my 4 player playgroup there are 2 combo decks, each is very fast. I play a spot removal contro ldeck that is insanely good for 1 vs 1 but in 4 deathmatch I can only control one player and the other eventually slaughters me, my other friends plays a really slow casual reaper king deck and literally never wins.

Any strategies for this?
>>
Building a nekuzar deck without the retarded draw for damage enchantments
Going for more of a cast nekuzar and wheel 5 times in the same turn deck
Any advice?
>>
>>52341901
Depends on how good the combos are. Extremely heavy interaction like monoU and Mardu should be able to handle combos anywhere from around tier 2 and below. When you start playing against tier 1 decks stax is the only deck that can really keep up.

Otherwise be your own combo deck.
>>
>>52341980

Yeah, one is semi combo, it runs prossh and can kill everyone or one person out of nowhere, the other one is even more lethal and harder to get rid of, it's Breya, and it was nimdeath mantle, thopter sword combo, time sieve and assembly, scrap mastery and open the vaults in case you try to fuck with him, ashnods altar and ironworks.. it's insane how dangerous that deck is
>>
>>52342017
Just run a Rest in Peace/Leyline of the Void + Helm of Obedience package with decent removal.

Was the Prossh Food Chain? If it was you should probably get him to tone that shit down in the interest of having a fun playgroup.
>>
>>52342024

Yeah it's food chain combo, luckily I've stopped it almost every time with Nevermore, I think I'll include that Stony Silence I posted earlier in my deck to kill Breya.
>>
>>52341869
Bolt is ok to plink away utility creatures and powerful-but-frail commanders if you're in monored. You're 100% on the mark for ritual, though
>>
>playing against a combo deck
>cast sadistic sacrament turn 3 and take out his wincons

Is there a better feeling in EDH my friends?
>>
I pulled a foil ranger of eos but I have no idea if I can even use this for anything in karador or so.

So what are your favourite one drops /edhg/?
So far i'm thinking about:
deathrite shaman, scavenging ooze and my all time favourite the spore frog
>>
>>52342242

MOTHER
OF
RUNES
>>
>>52342242
Doomed traveller, goblin welder, wayfering traveller, champion of the parish, Isamaru.
>>
>>52342242
Soul Warden is criminally underrated in aggressive metas.
Birds of Paradise is always good in multicolor.
Viscera Seer is a great sac outlet.
Cryptbreaker is good if you have a lot of zombies.
And let's not forget Serra Ascendant.
>>
File: 1470715365390.jpg (10KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
1470715365390.jpg
10KB, 178x248px
>>52342242
This guy
>>
>>52341703
Unless you plan on playing in a super cutthroat environment the best thing to do is pick a color(s) or a commander you like and then use edhrec to get the basic idea of where you wanna take the deck and what synergies to look for. From there, I personally just pour through magiccards.info searches for specific phrases I want on cards but that's time consuming and not for everyone. Just remember deck building in commander doesn't end when you start playing. Tweak it to your meta.
>>
>>52341147
So far it's EXCLUSIVE to MODO. They made it so 1v1 EDH has 30 life, and in a future update they're putting in leagues.
>>
>>52341977
Yeah, don't build that. If you're able to generate enough mana (or live long enough) to cast your 5-drop Commander and 5 wheels that cost between 3 and 6 mana each, you could win with literally anything. If you're not gonna go whole-hog on Nekusar with all the duplicate effects and wheels, actually build something else (like maybe a deck that punishes people for getting greedy, or a Grixis Zombie Tribal deck), don't build the same tired old Nekusar Wheel.dec, except you intentionally kneecapped yourself from the word "Go".
>>
>>52342375
>If you're able to generate enough mana
I think that build usually takes advantage of dream halls or other ways to cast spells for free
>>
>>52342450
Still, that requires you to Wheel into another wheel spell + something that shares a color with it every single time, without accidentally double-dipping and getting multiple wheels in the same hand. It just seems... bad.
>>
File: $_3.jpg (77KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
$_3.jpg
77KB, 600x800px
I sincerely hope this general auto-sages to the bottom and just dies and nobody ever makes an EDH general again. This amount of autism, trolling, and feint-superiority are not just annoying, but clinically dangerous. You people need help. You people truly and genuinely have a problem, on an interpersonal and social level you are all broken.
>>
>>52342660
>Crybaby got his feelings hurt

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>52342660
let me welcome to you the thread as one of the prime contributors to the thread autism. if you see an autistic post/meme then it's like a 50% chance it was me
>>
>>52342242
>scavenging ooze
That's a 2 drop
>favorite one drop
Veteran Explorer, VIscera Seer, Mother of Runes
>>
>>52342660
3$?
I might get one for my XenoGod deck.
>>
>>52342660
Wow, salty, we haven't even gotten around to songposting yet.
>>
>>52342660
>clinically dangerous
[[Oy veying in the distance]]
>>
>>52343069
IS THAT
>>
>>52343069
A MOTHERFUCKING
>>
File: 1306229-untitled1.png (24KB, 419x383px) Image search: [Google]
1306229-untitled1.png
24KB, 419x383px
>>52343096
>>
With enough threatening decks I managed to swing the pendulum towards answers at my LGS that their boardwipe game is lacking. So now it's time for Edric.
>>
>>52341018
Mayael is fun since you can use lots of fatties, but you need a bunch of slightly expensive cards for library fixing like Sylvan Library, Sensei's Divining Top, every fetch available etc. Be prepared for your waifu to get hated out a lot, too
Marath is very fun if you want to go wide as fuck with lots of anthems, a couple of supporting fatties and absurd amounts of ramp. Having both a token producer and a mana outlet in the command zone means you don't have to worry about proper ratios of tokens/anthems/ramp when deckbuilding, just fill up with whatever you want. Having access to emergency burn on annoying utility creatures is just icing on the cake
Uril is a pretty standard, strong Voltron with some Enchantress support in the right colors for it. Fun if you like the idea of killing 1-2 players super fast before people get the resources to keep you down for the rest of the game
Can't recommend Gahiji, his political aspect doesn't really work against anyone worth their salt and without that he's just an expensive and fragile anthem

Haven't tried that many Selesnya commanders
>>
>>52342242
One drop creature?

Martyr of Frost and Sage of Epityr put in work in my Azami deck. Experiment One is probably my favorite though it's not on my simic deck right now.
>>
File: Rain_of_Salt.jpg (78KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Rain_of_Salt.jpg
78KB, 312x445px
>>52342660
Is this the new pasta?
>>
>>52341018
I made a Sidar/Tana.

Token generation deck, wincons are warstorm surge(or similar effect), stalking vengeance(or similar effect), cathar crusade/overrun, or thromok/mycoloth.

Sidar and Tana actually are probably the weakest part of the deck. While I do use them, and their effects work perfectly with the deck, them dying once or twice makes their cost really prohibitive for their body/effect.
>>
File: phyrexian.jpg (148KB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
phyrexian.jpg
148KB, 640x468px
COALITION IS ASLEEP.
POST PHYREXIA.
>>
File: 50.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
50.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>52341977
Are you open to other commanders with a similar strategy? If so I would recommend playing Yidris.
I am enjoying playing a deck for him that basically seeks to cascade from wheels into value and vice versa.

I personally like the value from cascade that Yidris applies to the deck, providing, of course, he hits face.
The addition of green I find also provides the deck with access to ramp and other powerful cards. For example, a few cards in the deck I play are:

Kruphix
Kydele
Leovold
Nath
Riku

I have also tried before throwing in a few storm spells which worked to a degree.
>>
>>52343827
What a worthless set of villains
*Yawn*
They are no match for the gay watch!
>>
>>52343931
How will the Gatewatch ever defeat a villain that can't be channeled/fireballed?
>>
>>52342997
>That's a 2 drop
damn, of course it is

>>52342257
>>52342260
>>52342266
>>52342997
thanks, i'll have a look what i can fit in
>>
>>52343959
That's literally the first villain they killed, though. Ulamog was indestructible, so they cooked up magic that removes Indestructible and Hexproof.

And Emrakul had protection from instants, so they stuck her in Moonjail.
>>
>>52344085
right, but Phyrexia has no central power. If you kill Norn then another Praetor rises and takes power. Plus the fact they all share a common goal means regardless of who's in power their plans will be similar.
>>
>>52344119
So they just have Chandra cast Vandalblast instead.
>>
File: 1488889049964.jpg (52KB, 604x455px) Image search: [Google]
1488889049964.jpg
52KB, 604x455px
>>52343959
yfw by the end of the next block Nicol Bolas is overcome by and joins the Jacetice League and is now RUW with his own oath card
>>
File: 1359153684973.jpg (194KB, 569x629px) Image search: [Google]
1359153684973.jpg
194KB, 569x629px
>>52344135
>Implying Phyrexians are Artifact Creatures
>>
File: download (5).jpg (8KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
8KB, 263x192px
>>52344119
>the fact they all share a common goal
They don't though. The best solution I can come up with is eliminating all of the suns except the red one so New Phyrexia will be freed of all mana but red. Urabrask will be a just father of the machines.
>>
>>52344257
He's still programmed to spread Phyrexian perfection. He'd just be a little more lenient than other FoM's
>>
>>52344257
That's not really how that works. Before the Fifth Dawn, Mirrodin still had access to green mana. That's because the Suns are MADE of mana, not the SOURCES of them.
>>
>>52344257
Isnt urabrask dead?
>>
>>52344651
Probably in hiding. They never said he was dead, just Elish Norn was taking over. Urabrask wasn't at the creation of Atraxa despite being alive.
>>
Which of these should I build next? And does anyone have any fun tech cards or reasons for the one they choose?

Zada
Gonti
Edric
Newzuri
Trostani
Mizzix
Gruul Wort
Yisan
Prossh
>>
File: tradincards.png (622KB, 414x960px) Image search: [Google]
tradincards.png
622KB, 414x960px
>>52344696
zada is the first deck i have made and finished irl.
people underestimate him and you pull out a win out of no wear.
also 1 mana draw 15 is super fun
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
37KB, 223x310px
>>52344696
>Gruul Wort
U r like little babby wach this
>>
>>52344879
>>52344696

my list https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/591294#paper
>>
>>52344696
Do you have friends? Do you want those people to hate you? Build Prossh or Yisan.

Do you want to throw big fucking spells all over the place? Build Wort.
>>
>>52344696
Edric and Prossh will have the most variety and the highest powerlevel ceiling. As you upgrade them you'll acquire staples for the format that you would use in basically any deck in those colors like tutors and mana rocks.

Yisan is also competitive but can only be built one way and you'll quickly find it boring.

The rest are build-themselves ultrajank that don't feel rewarding to build, play, or play against.
>>
>>52344896
Zada, Edric, Gonti, and Wort were the ones I was most interested in. I appreciate any lists I can get for ideas. Zada just seems so fun and the fact that normally innocuous spells can do so much really hits my buttons.

>>52344900
Yisan and Prossh we're both suggested to me along with Mizzix, but Wort seemed like the more fun spellslinger.

I could probably just build both pretty cheap and have some fun with them. I started Commander with Meren, grew bored of her quickly, and now look to make another paper deck. I've built a bunch online, but none of them felt right.
>>
>>52344959
>Edric... most variety

What the...
>>
File: 1483845868107.jpg (121KB, 665x371px) Image search: [Google]
1483845868107.jpg
121KB, 665x371px
>>52344985
Oh, it's important to note that the Mizzix deck I had in mind would be more based on this combo and a healthy serving of dragons rather than the usual spellslinger stuff. My friend suggested Mizzix, but he never said what to do with her after all.
>>
>>52345014
You can do a lot, it's just that there's obviously one dominant strategy and not playing that is silly.

Politics, Ramp, various combos, Elves, and then fylers.dec. More if you're willing to play unplayable jank.
>>
>>52345027
You don't even need Mastery to cast Dragonstorm for cheap in Mizzix, the only problem is the lack of Champion changelings for infinite damage with Scourge of Valkas.
>>
>>52343931
>post yfw Jacetice league will kill Yawgmoth and Urza, along with Mishra, where both have been enslaved by Moth, because of newwalkers are afterall more powerful than oldwalkers.
All this in set that will have artifact instants and -sorceries and legendary instants and -sorceries.
Return to Theros will have enchantment instants and -sorceries
>>
Oi, /edhg/.

I just bought petrol dragonshields and I needed a deck to go with it.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/thriller-its-just-a-1/

Is this any good at all?
>>
File: Commanders.jpg (111KB, 920x260px) Image search: [Google]
Commanders.jpg
111KB, 920x260px
What are your current decks?
What is in your future?
>>
File: 1339082977112.jpg (24KB, 380x368px) Image search: [Google]
1339082977112.jpg
24KB, 380x368px
>>52345198
>yfw Gix returns and bitch slaps every neo walker
>>
>>52345274
>yfw Gix turns to be their tsundere fan and he joins them and gets his own Oath card but no other cards
>>
>>52345198
>because of newwalkers are afterall more powerful than oldwalkers.
So, several things.

First, neither Mishra nor Yawgmoth were planeswalkers.

Second, all three of those characters are dead.

Third, post-Mending Planeswalkers are HILARIOUSLY weaker than pre-Mending ones (to the point where 2 of the pre-Mending planeswalkers in the current canon have "trying to get my fucking godlike powers back" as a primary motivation).

Fourth, even if Urza was brought back, unless they pulled some absolute horseshit, his Spark would be altered by the Mending too, so he'd be at Neowalker levels

Fifth, putting a permanent type on an Instant would basically make it not work
>>
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-commander-baral-chief-of-compliance-32

I'm working on the budget list, what can I take out to put in serum visions?
>>
>>52345486
>Budget version doesn't have Preordain or Ponder
>>
>>52342242
Disciple of the Vault is best
>>
File: IMG_3643.jpg (78KB, 499x460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3643.jpg
78KB, 499x460px
>>52344154
>Jace give Nicky a Naruto-inspired Talk-no-Jutsu
>>
>>52345425
Well, wizards could pull something like that. It's entirely possible that impossible things happen.
>>
POST 'EM
>>
>>52346001
No.
>>
What are the must have cards in a Boros deck?
And do any of you have experience with playing blood moon and ruination in 2 color? How bad does it fuck you over?
>>
>>52346001
>>52346020
POST YOUR FAVORITE COMMANDER'S THEME SONG
>>
File: faaaaac.png (424KB, 497x767px) Image search: [Google]
faaaaac.png
424KB, 497x767px
>>52346001
posted
>>
>>52346175
I don't have experience with Blood Moon, but with Back to Basics, which is similar enough. Both of those work best in mono, but 2 colours are great as well, only issue being that you have limited ramp options in Boros. I would still focus on artifact mana and nuking lands, so including Armageddon wouldn't be bad idea.
All boils down to you playgroup, if they're whiny kinds scared of bully boogeymen or mature enough to not whine about your strategies. This is assuming that they don't run megabudget garbage jankpiles though, but if they have some kind of synergy within their decks or they're playing any UGx, go for it.
>>
>>52346175
Probably better now that 4c precons came out but my meta isn't heavy on shocks and fetches so there isn't much of an effect.

Used to run Blood Moon in Archangel Avacyn and usually my own Sunhome was the worst effected card in the board.
>>
>>52346001
Guess I was ahead of the curve.
>>52345257
>>
>>52345486
Someone?
>>
>>52345486
>>52346461
Learn how to build a deck.
>>
>>52346461
compulsive research? honestly visions isnt good for the deck, imo
>>
>>52346295
I'm gonna run armageddon, yeah. Lots of mass indestructible so that's a wincon.

My playgroup has plenty of blue and everyone but me has a meren deck, so I'm running RIP too. Can't wait to piss them off.
>>
>>52346552
Boros truly shines in stax, which is pretty much only effective way to play it anyway.
>>
File: wellthen.png (57KB, 139x150px) Image search: [Google]
wellthen.png
57KB, 139x150px
>at my LGS's commander night, there isn't enough people to start a new game so I'm watching some other guys play
>There's a Mogis player and a lifegain player at the table
>Mogis dude has Rain of Gore on the table
>I misremember the names of Rain of Gore and Slaughter Games
>"Hey, is that Slaughter Games? Seems really solid here."
>He stares fucking daggers into me and then bitches me out for commentating out loud on what's in his hand
>mfw
But really though who the fuck plays Slaughter Games in EDH?
>>
>Skip a few sessions because the groups super quick combo meta was wearing on me
>With out my stax deck in the mix they realize every game is over as soon as someone draws their combo
>They want to start a slow deck group

It is the little victories I guess.
>>
>>52346700
keep reaching for that 75% meta dream, brother
>>
>>52346671
I play lost legacy in oloro because I'm a poorfag and it's fun flavorwise
>>
File: 58205_200w.jpg (24KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
58205_200w.jpg
24KB, 200x285px
is there a tier list for comanders?
>>
>>52346986
Yes there is. I wouldn't call it the outright authority, I see it more as a guideline and a list that shows possible potential.

>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/list-multiplayer-edh-generals-by-tier/

Now go elswhere with your bait.
>>
>>52340565
Absolutely
Though I brew and disassemble New decks every two weeks if not sooner.
Most recently found built/ dismantled yeheni smokestack
Very fun deck with lots of interaction and capable of winning multiple ways

It was too much for my group though, even though it was pretty casual. It just slipped though too many cracks. They eventually got the hang of it and the deck stopped being fun so that's that.
>>
>>52347025
why is this bait?
>>
File: poonyard.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
poonyard.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>52342242
BRUH
>>
>>52347121
Look back a thread or two and the whole Tier list was bringing autism to new levels.
>>
Just started playing edh recently because I heard you could build any archetype and make it work

My favorite deck before I took a huge break was counter post has anyone made something like this work?

It has Armageddon, wraths, counter spells and Mana sinks to make tokens that you beat face with.
I like blue and white but I'm not opposed to adding more colors.
It's Dragonlord ojutai as strong as she looks? If not could you explain why?
>>
>>52344277
>more lenient
Not even that, really. He just understands that conflict and adversity breed innovation and growth. Him allowing the rebels to live is fully in service the phyrexian cause.
>>
File: cock.jpg (25KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
cock.jpg
25KB, 200x285px
>>52347171
add black and do sens trippplets because youre a degenerate fuck, like me.
>>
>>52347132
>each player
Nope, rather play frontier siege
>>
>>52347025
> The Gitrog Monster
>t 1.5

why?
>>
>>52347135
ah mb
>>
>>52347171
Ojutai is strong but EDH has a lot more removal than when she was in standard.

My recommendations for you are:
>https://edhrec.com/commanders/noyan-dar-roil-shaper
>https://edhrec.com/commanders/ephara-god-of-the-polis

Noyan is good because you can run cards that say destroy all non-land permanents and/or Terra Eternal for your Armageddon.

Ephara says you get slow draw value but she is mainly there because now you have an Indestructible commander that can survive your creature wipes if you have the devotion.

>>52347231
Again look at it as a guideline. Gitrog is combo centric and has the potential to win the turn after you cast it.
>>
>>52346986
Yep. It's in the DSM right under autism.
>>
>>52347218
Ohh
Spicy what token creators do I get for adding black?
>>
File: 1489423534418.gif (899KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489423534418.gif
899KB, 600x600px
>>52347025
whats the best deck you can make with a t 5 comander
>>
>>52347171
She's strong but in Edh where we have access to all cards ever printed she pales in comparison to other azorius generals like Brago or Augustin
I like her but wouldn't run her as a general
If you wanna build a degenerate control deck may I suggest to add a third Color and go either Esper or Bant both can do pretty cool and degenerate stuff
>>
>>52347324
A black/X combo deck with tutors out the ass to get to your combo.
Something independant of your commander.
>>
>>52347324
What's a t5 commander?
Turn 5, tier 5?
>>
>>52347258
i use black for tutors mostly (edh decks are fuckin huge and i want to find the shit i need),
my favorite thing to do is mirror gallery and use clones/shapeshifters to make a bunch of sens.
>>
File: 1475386585779.png (263KB, 434x357px) Image search: [Google]
1475386585779.png
263KB, 434x357px
>ITT: Tier-posting

And I will see you tomorrow, /edhg/.
>>
>>52347375
tier 5.
>>
>>52347324
Infinite mana + blasting station + commander that is a creature and wont kill you for casting it 120 times in one turn.
>>
File: Image (20).jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (20).jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>
Does anyone have experience with Kami, either playing as or playing against? I'm thinking of dismantling Talrand in favor of it.

My impression is that it's Nekusar lite.
>>
>>52347511
i have a sudden need for a blue deck with no creatures...
>>
File: Image (6).jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (6).jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>52347588
>no creatures.
Don't you mean one creature?
>>
File: just one.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
just one.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>52347624
youre right.
>>
>>52347624
>>52347749
this seems so spicy in talrand
>>
>>52347534
>tfw not enough spirits or Arcane spells to make a good mono colored deck
>>
>>52347534
You can run it as nekusar lite, but kami absolutely loves his stax. I have a kami stax/stasis deck, which wins through either labman or decking the opponents. You can run the artifacts that damage opponents for too many cards in hand, but I'm not a big fan of that, you need far too many triggers of it for it to work, at that point you've almost decked them anyway.
>>
>>52347872
>decking the opponents
While you're helping them draw all of their removal in the meantime. That seems like a pretty dangerous gameplan.
>>
>>52346671
>But really though who the fuck plays Slaughter Games in EDH?
People that also play wound reflection.
>>
>>52346671
>But really though who the fuck plays Slaughter Games in EDH?
People who are fucking sick of your shit
>>
File: Image.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
>>52347872
Stuff like Ebony Owl Netsuke seemed to be where I was heading. I want it to be more effective in a multiplayer setting, so I would like to be able to easily lock down the board.

Main threats in my group are Mikaeus zombies, Atraxa Snowflakes, Krenko, and Tana aggro.

Pic related, it can throw a wrench in other decks' plans.
>>
>>52347231
>never played against gitrog
Most subtle archenemy general ever
>>
File: ehhhhh.jpg (35KB, 438x310px) Image search: [Google]
ehhhhh.jpg
35KB, 438x310px
>>52346671
i confuse those two and this one all the time
>>
>>52347324
Best for what? Competitiveness? Playing oddball combos? Timmyesque fun? Obviously you won't be getting the former with a tier 5 commander
>>
>>52347324
Storm decks get marginal, if any, benefit from choice of commander other than color.

So any storm deck
>>
File: timmah.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
timmah.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>52348284
i think we all know the most timmy commander is timmy.
>>
>>52347970
>Forbid
>Buyback
>Forbid
>Buyback
>Capsize
>Forbid
>Buyback

There are solutions
>>
File: erebos.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
erebos.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
I'm building this fucker as an alternate to my no-combo Mikaeus deck. Obviously, the important line of text here is "Your opponents can't gain life."

I need lots of thing's that make opponents pay life to do stuff, or any otherwise relevant spicy tech (Laquatus's Champion is what inspired the build). I know this is veering close to stax territory, but I believe mono-b control can slow a game down just fine without a stax package.

I'm thinking stuff along the lines of Triskadekaphobia, Pain's Reward, Marchesa's Decree, and my homie Dash Hopes.

Also what's the best discard/combo disruption I can do? Is it just Mind Twist, Hymn, and friends? Any specific combo hate out there? My LGS is very combo heavy and I want to fuck them raw
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (22KB, 212x300px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
22KB, 212x300px
>>52348369
Make a timmy deck with green beasts that have nonsense names.
>>
>>52348492
Painful quandary, tainted aether (if it's creature combos), temporal extortion.

Take a look at Mogis or Kaervek decks for inspiration even though they're BR.
>>
>>52347970
That's what the stax is for anon.
>>
>>52348588
Yo those are some good ideas, thank you. Temporal Extortion is my favourite card I've never seen played
>>
>>52348037
Yeah, locking is the main way to win.
Take a look at my list if you want. I didn't know quicksilver fountain exists though, so I think I'll switch out leveller for it.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kami-of-the-crescent-moon-staxstasis-edh/
>>
File: big bad lizard.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
big bad lizard.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>52348506
>>
File: BROntreerirurm.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
BROntreerirurm.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>52348506
they all have to be 5 cost or bigger.
>>
>>52348847
>>52348925
I have to build this deck now
>>
File: why.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>52348925
holy shit theres a lot more of these than you'd think.
>>
>>52349003
And those ridiculous designs, oh man. Beautiful.
>>
>>52348679
4 black for an explore
>>
>>52342242

Altar of the Brood. It don't matter who I'm using, I always throw one in.
>>
>>52349139
>being this bad
>>
>>52348412
>cavern of souls
>reclamation sage
>>
>>52349369
>Stifle
>>
>>52348506
Blastoderm, Scragnoth, groffskithur, gurzigost, erithizon, hundroog and darkba are great ones.
>>
>>52348492
What does your dirty mike list look like? I have one too, and I've built mine noncombo, with a ton of ramp and a bunch of removal and a few mass reanimation spells, but I know it could be better.
>>
File: 1429118901967.png (3MB, 886x1389px) Image search: [Google]
1429118901967.png
3MB, 886x1389px
>Isperia player only has his commander in play
>Derevi getting out of hand with a gorillion birb tokens and Progenitor Mimics
>cast Damnation
>Isperia player counters it
>Derevi wins the game two turns later
Nigger, are you for fucking real?
>>
File: 1414438829535.jpg (26KB, 221x272px) Image search: [Google]
1414438829535.jpg
26KB, 221x272px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/drunktrack/

I've often used Prison/Tax as a side element to decks, but never really focused on it. Can I get some feedback?
>>
File: AHHAHAHHA.jpg (9KB, 262x263px) Image search: [Google]
AHHAHAHHA.jpg
9KB, 262x263px
>>52342660
>ftk posters
>>
>>52350625
I've seen that happen a lot, it's really not uncommon. You probably weren't politicking correctly and made the Isperia player angry. Remember, it's a social format. Gotta use your words there bucko.

Also, sometimes people just want the game to end so they can start a new one. If they have a shit hand with no board presence, do you really think they'd want to drag the game on for longer when they could have it end in two turns and start a new one?
>>
>>52350675
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/drunktrack/
Add Replenish and consider making Daxos the Commander and moving tax man to the 99. With heavy token gen you can include cards such as Smoke Stack, Pestilence (which will win the game on it's own with enough life gain) Pestilence Demon, Grave Pact, Martyr's Bond, Attrition, which will make the battlefield an impossible mire to navigate. Once the Battlefield is dealt with the only concern will be Instant and Sorcery combos. So we run things like Myojin of Night's Web, Identity Crisis, Hymn to Tourach, Necrogen Mists and Bottomless Pit. The final piece to consider is the fact that you do have a lot of life gain which can be used as a resource to capitalize on. Phyrexian Arena, Necropotence, and their ilk got you covered.
>>
>>52350980
Also Necromancer's Coven is a sweet card
>>
File: Teeka's Dragon_MI.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Teeka's Dragon_MI.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>tfw attacking token player with pic related equipped with Nemesis Mask and Magebane Armor while controlling Strionic Resonator
Truly magnificent. I love overkills.
>>
File: 1489950614998.jpg (125KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
1489950614998.jpg
125KB, 265x370px
>>52341735
I would like to remind >>52341721 if he's sti here that he should not follow edhrec 100%. Is edhrec useful? Yes but its not perfect since it grabs what is commonly used, including horrible options with no synergy. Edhrec should be used to get a basic gist, not to follow 100%
>>
File: 1449031494544.jpg (24KB, 369x434px) Image search: [Google]
1449031494544.jpg
24KB, 369x434px
>>52342660
Is this a pasta?
>>
File: Smug Arlinn.jpg (17KB, 218x212px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Arlinn.jpg
17KB, 218x212px
What do you use for tokens? I'm trying to grab offical ones but I need tons. In the meantime I use ad cards.
>>
File: soldier.jpg (184KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
soldier.jpg
184KB, 480x680px
>>52351857
There are no sand warrior tokens for Hazezon, so I use a few unglued soldier tokens cuz they looks so good. Hoping something in the next set makes a sand warrior token so that wizards has a reason to print one. This would be the set for it too, so I hope wizards dosnt let me down.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (10KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
10KB, 252x200px
I sincerely hope this general auto-sages to the bottom and just dies and nobody ever makes an EDH general again. This amount of autism, trolling, and feint-superiority are not just annoying, but clinically dangerous. You people need help. You people truly and genuinely have a problem, on an interpersonal and social level you are all broken.
>>
>>52352132
Good thing WotC never lets everyone down
>>
>>52351857
Anime proxies
>>
Any good tech for monored against Atraxa (aside from running Purphoros as general)? She's above bolt range, lifelinks herself back all day long and often comes paired with bullcrap like Propaganda, so a token rush is also out of question. The only boardwipes that can hit her are the ones that kill everything else and leave her walkers behind. Dragons will stop her for a single turn and will leave me at card disadvantage due to deathtouch. I can hit her with Duplicant once, but then she's online the next turn anyway. Any ideas?
>>
>>52349968
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/big-black-mikaeus-1/

If you're still around. Usually wins by outvaluing with creatures and then having a huge mana turn via Muck or whatever to recur good ETB's or just gray merchant who am I kidding and finish off with a bit of burn. I find it more reliable than mass reanimation cause my meta has lots of no creature strats.

Its important to have the narrow answers, cause you just want to survive the game until your mana is big enough. Stuff like Darkness, Aether Snap, Mind Twist and Tragic Slip are all MVP.

I'm probably going to take out Retribution of the Ancients cause it feels to combo-y. I know it technically isn't, but I never play it unless I'm using it to get a win right then.

>>52352685
Thieve's Auction and Warp World. Atraxa plays super permanent-heavy, so they always get fucked by the auctions
>>
>>52352132
5colocombo makes delicious tokens, I use their Sand Warriors.
>>
>>52352866
>Thieve's Auction and Warp World
The former is a nice oneshot solution, but there's no way to tutor for it in the color. The latter just nets her a new broken boardstate since it mostly reveals new permanents.
>>
>>52352907
Warp World doesn't grab walkers though. I was assuming you're against a superfriends list
>>
>>52352866
>>52352907
Also the problem behind Thieves' Auction is that the other player can just tuck Atraxa back into the command zone as it resolves.
>>
>>52352927
It's a mix, walkers, enchantments, counterspells, boardwipes, the whole WUBG shitstorm basically
>>
New player to EDH, no idea what to do so I wanted to ask. I usually prefer to play weird gimmicky combo decks, are there any fun commander decks for this playstyle?
>>
>>52353821
Gonna have to be more specific, cause there's a commander for literally ever style of gimmicky combo you can think of.
>>
>>52353841

It's hard to be more specific since I don't even know exactly what kind of gimmicky combo I want.
>>
So I went to the LGS by me to play commander with a G/W counters build that I thought would be goofy and fun to play for my first time playing commander. Long story short, every game was me and the four other players playing G/U, or B/U and was just a control game where no one gets to fucking do anything till one of them combos out their deck on turn 5. Is this the normal commander experience, or is my LGS just taking commander way too seriously?
>>
File: 156689_a.jpg (22KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
156689_a.jpg
22KB, 800x800px
>>52351857

>buy a roll of whiteboard material
>cut it into rectangles
>stick onto basic lands

You can now use non-permanent markers to make and wipe off tokens as you see fit. I wouldn't be able to keep track of my Riku clone deck without it.
>>
>>52353864
creature-based? stormish? wins-from-nowhere? graveyard shenanigans? rube-goldberg decks that aren't technically combo but might as well be? maybe just mad commander synergy?
>>
>>52353903
You might be in a meta where a lot of "mentally exceptional individuals" believe the pyramid meme.

There are some decks that are basically singleton vintage, for sure. The trick at my LGS is to lose the first game to whatever hyper-optimized deck you get matched with, and then play loser only games with tha good homies.
>>
>>52354036
Pyramid meme?

But yeah I guess the meta is just people playing heavy control and over optimized EDH decks. That is a shame because the format looks really fun but they are kinda ruining it for me. Maybe i just need to start putting my EDH dollars online.
>>
File: 1489181732176.png (214KB, 1600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489181732176.png
214KB, 1600x600px
>>52354175
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (66KB, 445x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
66KB, 445x310px
Assuming my opponent doesn't pay 3 life, will Celestial Gatekeeper be exiled or will it return to my hand?
Or does it return to my hand and then get exiled?
>>
>>52351857
I just print tokens out on cardstock.
>>
>>52340565

How do I make a successful Jarad combo deck on a budget? This is specifically towards the mana base (can't afford a crypt, bayou, playset of fetches, ect.) I have everything else.
>>
>>52354754
Well you fucking don't obviously.
>>
Gonna build these nerds

gimme da spicy tech
>>
File: 213.jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
213.jpg
74KB, 312x445px
>>52355036
These are the nerds I'm referring to, fuck
>>
Can I have some secret tech for Atraxa ?
>>
>>52355124
Nothing is secret, she is the most built C16 commander.
>>
>>52355124
If you build the deck with 99 wastes you will have the most unique deck. Use this to crush opponents by telling them they don't understand the spirit of EDH when they beat you, and you will win a much grander mental battle.
>>
File: Endless Ranks of the Dead.jpg (179KB, 1081x749px) Image search: [Google]
Endless Ranks of the Dead.jpg
179KB, 1081x749px
So this is my first attempt at building a commander deck. I still need to get some more cards, and I'm thinking of getting Zombie Apocalypse, Rooftop Storm, and Gisa (maybe Gerald and Gisa)
Any tips, help, anything of the sort?
>>
>>52355417
And I'm stupid and forgot the link
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-01-17-zombies/
>>
Alright /edhg/, I've decided to take the plunge and pick up some fast mana. I'm gonna sell a bunch of stuff in my binder and pick up a Crypt and some of the EDH legal moxes. I'm playing 18 artifacts including the 2 colored artifact lands in my colors to bump my artifact count, do you guys think that's enough to turn on Mox Opal consistently enough?
>>52355417
>>52355436
33 lands is a little low, I'm a big fan of Noxious Ghoul, it can often be a straight-up boardwipe.
>>
File: I can smash to this.gif (851KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
I can smash to this.gif
851KB, 245x200px
>>52355499
>Rooftop storm+Noxious Ghoul+Grimgrin+gravecrawler
INFINITE POWER
INFINITE REMOVAL
>>
>>52355499
You'll get Metalcraft, but probably not turn 1 which is where it matters most.
>>
>>52355640
Alright, I'll probably throw it in then, I've been winning a lot lately off of eot Blue Sun/FoF/Dig into fast mana and Paradox Engine. From there it's easy to turn a mana profit with Capsize and bounce everything or cycle through the deck with draw spells until I find a wincon.
>>
File: 848_wvb9yfen4s.jpg (53KB, 274x377px) Image search: [Google]
848_wvb9yfen4s.jpg
53KB, 274x377px
>Thrasios/Kydele
>Maelstrom Wanderer
>BUG Sidisi
>Marath
>Gonti
>Alesha
>Breya
>Oona
>Roon

Who should I build next? I'm looking for someone less cutthroat than what I currently run.
>>
>>52356069
>two decks without green or blue
How about you do something actually interesting.
>>
>>52356069
Mono-red.
>inb4 "m-muh draw"

Nigga I will slap the molars out your mouth. A good mono-red player draws exactly what he needs, when he needs it.

Play Hidetsugu.
>>
File: 1281761318814.jpg (3KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1281761318814.jpg
3KB, 126x126px
i got a craterhoof tonight, bois

what the fuck do i put him in?

doubles decide its fate

my decks are >>52346233
>>
>>52356208
I see nothing that works well. MAYBE Prossh, if want to fuck somebody up with Kobolds.
>>
>>52356208
Build Azusa, herald of turn 3 Vorinclex.
>>
>>52356208
>dubs
what board is this again, anyway put him in a Goblin Milf deck
>>
>>52356208
Bant something
>>
>>52356527
i got her as well tonight, but isnt that a meme deck?

>>52356566
fffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>52356616
Angus Mackenzie fucker.
>>
>>52356741
its gonna have to be someone cheaper. no one i know has tim. derevi? or sidar and thrasis?
>>
>>52357182
actually deleting this shit because a guy in my group might be browsing this thread (get fucked)
>>
>>52357182
>and he usually gets sad because his two decks get rolled over so easily

ask him what made him lose, tell him to see over his cards and take away the weakest ones that aren't impactful

if he won't learn and keeps losing, ask him if you can have sex with his girlfriend
>>
>>52351857
Many many many colored dice
>>
File: 1110101.jpg (288KB, 319x450px) Image search: [Google]
1110101.jpg
288KB, 319x450px
>>52351857
I use Pokémon cards. Pic related is a 2/2 zombie
>>
>>52356770
Phelddagrif
>>
>>52351857
I just use face down unsleeved cards
>>
File: Image (11).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (11).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>52353903
They sound like absolute cancer. You must punish them. Although I imagine 3 people using all their control on you would be difficult, the bonus is that it'll be over fast and you won't have to sit through that torture for long.
>>
>>52356616
>meme deck
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>52356185
This tbqh

> not having multiple strategies/synergies so that every card in the deck is always useful
>>
>>52357919
Looks like a fun option, I would never even get him out. Games would end before turn 5 or my commander would get countered/bounced.
>>
>>52354356
Depends on how you stack the trigger. If you stack them so Gatekeeper resolves first, it will be exiled (and an opponent of your choice can then elect to pay 3 life to prevent nothing from happening). If you stack them so Erebos triggers first, Gatekeeper may be returned to your hand (which would prevent it from being exiled), in which case it would still let you get back up to two creatures.
>>
>>52358284
edit: If you stack them so Erebos resolves* first.
>>
So there's this one guy in our playgroup. He doesn't really have a grudge against me or anything, we're still pretty good friends, but because he always considers me the best and strongest player in the group always focuses his hate entirely on keeping me out of the game. Nothing anyone else does even fazes him. He never wins, I never win and both of us are having a miserable time. I tried talking to him about it, but he insists that I'm just gonna run away with the game every time if he doesn't do something about me. I kinda don't know what I should do. Should I just give up on playing fun stuff like Guild Feud and switch to more cutthroat decks that can win through such attrition and ruin the fun of everyone else at the table?
>>
>>52358550
Just tell him that he's being a total bitch and ruining the fun. Tell him to git gud at threat assessment instead of shitting his diapers everytime you play something and pay attention to the game.
Seriously he seems like he's gay for you and desperately wants his senpai to notice him.
>>
>>52358550
>>52358629

Basically, if you're being honest and accurate, and in fact neither of you ever win, then all you need to do is point that out and he should realize he's doing something wrong. If he can't understand that losing every game = making a big strategic error, then he's retarded

It's much more likely that you are bending the truth however, because why would you play with a literal retard?
>>
>>52358660
>why you're playing with a literal retard
Not him, but need to play usually can be so strong that even bad playcompany would be sufficient, or just because he's a friend who wants to play.
>>
A gun is held to your head and you are commanded to pick one:
[ ] Unban Prophet of Kruphix
[ ] Unban Primeval Titan
[ ] Unban Painter's Servant
[ ] pull the fucking trigger
>>
File: image.jpg (356KB, 1000x1383px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
356KB, 1000x1383px
R8 muh bant enchantress deck brehs

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ideal-setting/?cat=custom&sort=
>>
>>52358694

What I'm saying is that nobody is actually that stupid, the poster is clearly being disingenuous. Not necessarily with us, but at least with himself
>>
>>52358708

Neither prophet nor painters servant should be banned, prime time is definitely broken though
>>
>>52358708
[X] Unban Painter's Servant, it's a goofy little meme and I'd love to see it in casual games
>>
>>52358759

Sheldon is such a fucking faggot for banning it goddamn, the banlist makes no goddamn sense, they claim that you should play casually and just have fun yet they ban this card that is perfectly suited for enabling all kinds of fun Jank and not at all broken when you try to spike/autism build with it

And yet they leave cards that are inherently broken and serve no casual janky purpose like necropotence and mana crypt unbanned
>>
>>52358791
Most of the banlist makes perfect sense, it's just a small handful of cards that don't.
It's very clear why Sundering Titan or Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary are banned. Protean Hulk and Gifts Ungiven, while not outrageously overpowered, are just way too efficient for the format. It would be sheer folly to consider Tolarian Academy to be on the same level as its brother lands, Serra's Sanctum and Gaea's Cradle.
No idea as to why Sway of the Stars and Worldfire are banned though. They're incredibly expensive and put you in the drink with everyone else.

But yeah Necropotence should totally be banned since Yawgmoth's Bargain and Griselbrand are.
>>
>>52358882

Sway of the stars is just unfun, I'm glad it's banned, not cuz it's broken, but because it means I don't have to play against it. It's just like sharhazad in that regard. Not broken, just totally a drag to happen to the game. I wish scrambleverse was banned for being stupid and unfun, but at least that one has a decent chance of ending the game soonish.

the main problem with the banlist is the lack of fast mana on it though. There's really no reason for something like sylvan primordial to be banned when fast mana is what decides games. Fast mana is unbeatable if your opponents don't have their own fast mana. Which makes every game come down to who got the nuttiest opener and who got their mental misstep and such. And you know what, that's fine, singleton vintage is cool, but it's totally at odds with the banlist philosophy, and it makes no sense why all these harmless late game saucy stuff are banned when the vintage restricted cards are not
>>
>>52358946
If "unfun drag on on the game" is banworthy, Warp World should be right out. Shit takes 15 minutes to resolve and usually leaves everyone in a godawful position.
>>
>>52358962

I was thinking of warp world when I said scrambleverse
>>
>>52358982
>>52358962

Scrambleverse is totally retarded too though I guess, never seen that one played actually but it seems like a nightmare
>>
>>52358279
yep ruric doesn't really help against degenerate spike tables

the best way to deal with a table like that is to leave it entirely and let them rot in their own shitty meta
>>
>>52358982
>>52358962
Warp world does actually have strong applications though. In a token deck it is usually a game ender. Scrambleverse is fucking awful though, takes much long to resolve too.
>>
Would you be happy if the RC reinstated the "banned as commander list" and included braids, erayo and rofellos, and banned emmy only in the 99?
>>
>>52358729
You're a retard. Servant is definitely not worth it and it's only banned because of Iona and "muh fun". Anyone thinking that it's banned because of grindstone is kidding themselves. Prophet is definitely worth the ban, since it's effectively 5 mana take and extra turn at each other player's end step.
>>
>>52358982
>>52358993
>>52359167
But Scrambleverse only touches nonlands, which is only a bother if someone is playing tokens.
>>
>>52355264
She's also the most registered of all time on EDHREC.
>>
>>52341147
>sneaky Spanish Endbringer
>>
>>52359192

>servant is definitely not worth it
Not worth unbanning? But it makes lots of bad color-related cards do something j retesting

I realize that it's banned because of Iona and grindstone, I just don't think those combos are powerful enough to justify banning, when you look at the banlist as a whole

As for prophet, the extra turns analogy is reasonable, but you don't draw a card and you don't get a land drop, so you do have to feed the prophet with cards or it's not game ending like a bunch of extra turns would be

And taking a bunch of extra turns is not banned
>>
Guys, help me decide the last card for my Riku deck: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/riku-etbs-and-spells/
>>
>>52359658
kyslonic rift
>>
>>52359689
Can you suggest something else? I feel like an asshole when I play that card.
>>
File: Perplexing-Chimera.jpg (28KB, 199x285px) Image search: [Google]
Perplexing-Chimera.jpg
28KB, 199x285px
>>52359820
fine
>>
>>52358882
Sway of the Stars and Worldfire, I believe, are banned because you can just float mana and cast your Commander afterwards.

I'm skeptical about the claims of Protean Hulk and Gifts Ungiven being too efficient. Boonweaver Giant is pretty much Protean Hulk, and Ad Nauseam, Necropotence, Doomsday, Demonic Tutor, Survival of the Fittest and god knows what else exists in terms of absurd card advantage/combo assembler/tutor options.
>>
I've been playing on Sidisi, Brood Tyrant with Reanimator theme. Are there good reanimator decks with Sultai colors ? Or good deck lists for Sidisi(BUG) ?
>>
>>52359658

You're missing ghostly flicker
>>
>>52352266
>>
>>52359904

Survival of the fittest is particularly egregious, definitely not more broken than gifts ungiven
>>
Does anyone have the picture with the ranking for the partner commanders? I remember the ranks being cowboy sayings.
>>
>>52359977

Woops I meant to say survival IS definitely more broken than gifts Ungiven
>>
>>52359913
Lord of Extinction + Jarad to kill people
Wander, Brawn, Filth to make zambos relevant
Kessig Cage Breakers
Traumatize + Mesmeric Orb (but probably run a Laboratory Maniac if you go this route)
Literally any spell with Delve
The bare minimum of counterspells. Only use against graveyard hate. Maybe even a stifle if you know there's Bojuka Bogs around.

Honestly, you can do almost anything in BUG its the best for a reason. Experiment a bit!
>>
>>52359947
How about more ramp? An explosive vegetation or a simis signet perhaps?
>>
>>52360112

I think more ramp would do you good, but you need ghostly flicker for sure
>>
>>52347068
Yahenni list please?
>>
>>52359627
No, not worth the ban, as I stated about it's limited functionality.
Obviously Prophet isn't that great if you don't have cards or creatures or anything you can sink your mana in, but most people wouldn't play one of the biggest removal magnets unless they had a way to draw cards, mana sink or useful creatures in hand.
Playing it "just because" would be almost like playing Brainstorm when opponent already has Leovold or Notion Thief ob the field.
>>52359904
They are banned because you can float mana and they change life totals.
>>
>>52360273

I'm not saying you would just play prophet with nothing to cast, I'm saying sometimes it just sits in your hand because things are going poorly for you. It's not a card that can instantly take you from a mediocre position to a winning position like necropotence, ad nauseam, survival of the fittest and other bannable cards that aren't on the banlist

Anyway it's fine that you disagree and want it banned but you started this conversation with "you're a retard" and I don't think that's fair, prophet was legal for a long time and was never a problem in our playgroup, just another very good card you hope to kill before it gets out hand

I think another point in favor of unbanning it is that it doesn't synergize especially well with fast mana rocks. In my opinion anything to decentralize the mana vault-paradox engine hegemony is welcome right now
>>
>>52360379
It's pretty much a meta thing yes, but it was backbreaking where I played it. Everyone was running it and everyone was playing it smartly as well.
If a deck allows you to search for a (creature) card and people will search a specific card every time, it's usually a problem card.
>>
>>52359875
This thing is hilarious as all hell in Roon of the Hidden Realm. You just blink it back to you with Roon after you get their things. They have to waste a Wrath to kill it and by then you'll have a counterspell in hand.
>>
>>52360589

True it was a major tutor target, i guess it's pretty annoying when you go into a game knowing they're gonna tutor for it from the get go

Kinda why I'm getting tired of paradox engine
>>
>>52340565
So, what's the word on Breya? Any particularly good ways to build her, combos that work better than others, etc?
>>
>>52360713

I think most people are pretty happy with the Ashnod's altar/krark-clan ironworks + Nim Deathmantle/eldrazi displacer combo. That seems like your plan A in most Breya decks

In my Breya deck I've also had a lot of success with time sieve + Sharding Sphinx, I've often taken people by surprise with just a handful of thopters and such in play, play both in one turn and just keep going
>>
>>52360807
Okay, let's say for a moment that I'm having a day where I'm just retarded and can't think. Explain how those make a combo to me?
>>
>>52360950

Okay so the first combo requires Breya, which might've been unclear in my post. Sac breyA's thopters to altar/ironworks, make 4 colorless, then sac Breya to alter or ironworks, and use the 4 colorless to pay for Nim Deathmantle trigger, which returns Breya to the battlefield and gets you 2 more thopters, also you're floating 2 mana from sac'ing Breya. Then you can do it again, netting more mana each time. Once you have infinite colorless, you can just skip sac'ing the thopters and sac Breya and bring her back endlessly with Nim Deathmantle, netting you infinite thopters, then finally you use Breya's ability to sac the thopters to kill everybody 3 damage at a time

The time sieve Sharding Sphinx combo works by having some artifact creatures in play, preferably evasive ones like breya's thopters. You cast Sharding Sphinx, attack with your thopters, make more, then cast time sieve and sac artifacts to take another turn. Next turn you swing again with the thopters and the Sphinx, netting you more thopters, which you sac to time sieve and take another turn

You need to net 5 thopters off your Sharding Sphinx every turn, but that doesn't necessarily mean you need 5 thopters to start, because you can sac mana rocks and other utility things the first extra turn or two, instead of sacrificing the thopters you make off the Sphinx, so that you have more thopters for your next turns swing
>>
Thoughts on only double sleeving a few cards in a deck? I don't want to risk my crypt being damaged but my hands are too shitty to properly handle a fully double sleeved deck.
>>
>>52360713

Tezzeret the seeker is mvp4lyfe
>>
>>52361067
Ah, now that makes sense. I was thinking two-card combos.
>>
>>52361120

As long as the thickness of the cards appears to be uniform, and you can't tell when you're about to draw it, and your opponents can't tell when it's in your hand, should be all good
>>
File: saskia.png (136KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
saskia.png
136KB, 223x311px
i can't get a good feel for what should go in a saskia deck. most of the lists i've seen are just the precon with a few small changes. if i was to build an ideal saskia deck from the ground up, what would go into it?
>>
>>52361166

I think she works well as a token aggro commander. The colors are perfect for it, you have all the nice token tech like bitterblossom, rabble master, doubling season, cathar's crusade, and so on. And token decks often utilize sac outlets, which seem useful with saskia, because after eviscerate 2 people with triumph of the hordes you'll want to reset your saskia for anybody remaining
>>
>>52361166
Damage doubler tribal.
>>
>>52361166
balls to the walls aggro before puny blu players can build up their whombo combos.
all the ramp, rits, haste, tokens, furnaces, and anthems.

also artifact search for sunforger, so you have all the toolbox cards that are part red or white at a moments notice.
>>
>>52361166
The first couple of cards I recommend are Whip of Erebos, Triumph of the Hordes and Odric, Lunarch Marshal.

After that you could go a couple of ways, Myriad could have a have with her to really hate out the one guy as well as damage doublers.

My take on the deck is to run creatures that punish people for casting spells mostly because those creatures are usually Beaters within themselves such as Ruric Thar.
>>
>>52361166
Myriad, Damage Doublers, Triumph of Hordes, and some flicker for if her victim dies before everyone else is low enough to finish trivially.
>>
So why is Sway of the Stars banned again when things like The Great Aurora exist?
>>
>>52362151
Life to 7. The RC seems pretty leery of setting life totals to low numbers
>>
>>52362151
Because with Sway of the Stars (and Worldfire) you float mana then cast it + your commander. Your opponents are back to turn 1.
Great Aurora at least leaves resources for your opponents to do stuff with. Unless they're playing 20 land cEDH decks, in which case those cunts should pay the cost anyhow
>>
>>52362209
Then why is Sorin, Sphinx and Tree of Perdition legal?
>>52362221
You can do that with Aurora too. Plus how much mana do you need again to build up a decent board with Sway? The spell itself is 10 mana alone.
>>
>>52362151
Sway the Stars would be bullshit if you played it in Jhoira.
The Great Aurora also doesn't reset the game. If you had a lot of lands or a large board presence, you come out ahead
>>
>>52362242
>Sway the Stars would be bullshit if you played it in Jhoira.
You mean in the same way as Apocalypse, Obliterate, Decree of Annihilation...?
>>
>>52362238
But Aurora doesn't nuke lands (usually) so your opponents can continue playing magic and having fun interactive games. And the life total thing, which is what pushes Sway to cancer levels. I think you're just memeing us at this point desu

I legitimately believe the RC is doing a fine job except mana crypt
>>
>>52362336
And every red boardwipe nukes lands and yet is perfectly legal. Life total means shit when you're staring down two Eldrazi titans. What I'm concerned about is that blue now lacks a decent "fair, symmetrical" boardwipe because everything's banned.
>>
>>52362362
>Boardwipes that nuke land
legal
>Things that set opponents life to whatever
legal
>Boardwipes that nuke land and set opponents life to whatever
banned

What's the problem? Where did the Zurgo and Jhoira players touch you?

Also Cyclonic Rift and Devastation Tide exist, even though Blue really shouldn't get wipes like that
>>
>>52362238
>Then why is Sorin, Sphinx and Tree of Perdition legal?
All of them take work, are targeted (in theory hitting one opponent only), and set to 10+. I'm not saying the RC is consistent or sane on this matter but there is a discernible difference between Sorin, Tree, Sphinx, Reverse the Sands, Mirror Universe... and Sway, Worldfire, and Biorythm.
>>
>>52362401
>Cyclonic Rift
>symmetrical
>Where did the Zurgo and Jhoira players touch you?
Me? Nowhere. It's just stupid for one color to allow to have wipes and ban the other color from also having them.
>>52362428
>Sorin takes work
>6 mana drop and use ability
Biorhythm can win the game against a creature light deck on its own. Sway takes over 10 mana to not leave you with an empty field, in a color with poor ramp. Worldfire is an odd case, but there are a lot of ping effects that are easy to delay and 1 life is undeniably more critical and breakable than 7.
>>
>>52360684
Paradox Engine is good card, but I have literally never seen it being used, but at least it works differently. Costs more and punishes you for waiting, like you're gonna have to do your thing on your turn, but if you can start your thing, you can win instantly unless someone can respond to the first trigger by killing Engine.
>>
>>52358710
I like it but I'm uncomfortable with the epic clause of no cast spells. How has it worked for you?
>>
>>52362470
Blue abuses mana rocks cause blue has solid artifact support.
>>
>>52361234
>>52361245
>>52361290
>>52361529
>>52361895
i built a token saskia prototype and it just seems really awful. i've played a rhys token deck before, saskia just feels like a more color fucked version of that with a weaker commander
>>
>>52362470
Bouncing has always been a blue thing though. I dislike more cards like Rapid Hybridization (Pongify doesn't count since it was in colourshift-set anyway), Curse of the Swine, Hour of Need, Reality Shift and other like it. Polymorph doesn't count, if it's proper Polymorph instead of giving a fucking token.
>>
>>52362642
And other colors cannot abuse mana rocks?
>>
>>52362697
Artifacts is the strongest archetype, but other colours doesn't get as much support as blue regarding sausages.
>>
File: speeder squirrel.jpg (137KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
speeder squirrel.jpg
137KB, 265x370px
>>52351481

Always love a chance to break out this oc
>>
>>52362470
Blue has Cyclonic Rift, Evacuation, and Aether Spouts, and Wash Out.

Red has damage based ones like Blasphemous Act, Chain Reaction, and Starstorm. Along with outright destroy spells like Jokulhaups and Obliterate.

Actual boardwipes (like Wrath of God and Life's Finale) are specific to Black and White because those are the creature based board wipe colors. Blue and Red have a natural weakness to that because the game is designed from the ground up to make you mix colors.
>>
File: batheinlight.hq.jpg (161KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
batheinlight.hq.jpg
161KB, 480x680px
is white best support?
>>
>>52351857
a single token with a die on top of it to indicate the number of dudes there. if we start adding +1/+1 counters I stack another card under it like an attachment and put a die on that card to denote counters.
>>
>>52363267

new thread, we falling off
>>
File: dragonmage.png (136KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
dragonmage.png
136KB, 223x311px
Any other Zada player used dragonrage before? I'm gonna test it out and im hoping it goes just as planned.
>>
>>52351857
Currently using tokens I made myself using MSE, until a particular artist has at least 10 out of 12 of my different sorts of tokens made between my different decks. My last 2 will probably never be made by anyone, unsolicited, sadly.
>>
>>52363945
That spell doesn't even target though?
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.