[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ Fifth Edition General:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 409
Thread images: 50

File: 1487812187018.jpg (228KB, 550x850px) Image search: [Google]
1487812187018.jpg
228KB, 550x850px
>New Unearthed Arcana: Wizard Revisited
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/MJ320UAWizardVF2017.pdf

>Official survey on Unearthed Arcana: The Mystic Class
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/068d0a122041

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/...
>>52303720

Kindly take this poll, /5eg/.
http://www.strawpoll.me/12584834
>>
File: Psionics.png (89KB, 413x512px) Image search: [Google]
Psionics.png
89KB, 413x512px
Psifag BTFO.
>>
>>52307723
Leave issues from previous threads in the previous threads, anon.
This really shouldn't have to be explained.

Otherwise you get multi-thread shitposting.
>>
Is there a trove for DM's guild content?
>>
>>52307723
What is this from?
>>
I'll repeat my question: Why is 5e so constipated?
>>
Is move earth any good it sounds fairly mediocre for a 6th level spell
>>
Are lances really worth taking at all?

Secondary question: What are the WORST weapons in 5e, in your opinion?

I think one of the worst weapons in 5e is the pike. It has insane weight for its size (if you go by real-world comparisons, it's on the HIGHEST end of weight, while being MEDIOCRE in length. A pike of that weight would realistically have been much longer.), and it gets excluded from Polearm Master for NO reason.
>>
>>52307949
Worst weapon is the blowgun, no contest. There is no situation imaginable where it is worth using.
>>
>>52307949
>What are the WORST weapons in 5e
Rapier, for being the only d8 finese weapon.
>>
>>52307949
Lance is a 1d12 Reach weapon that small races can use freely, the only one in fact other than whip.

Goblins especially can make use of them since they may disengage and back away to avoid the face-to-face disadvantage.
>>
>>52307949
Duh-duh-duh-duh
Whip it
Whip it good!

I don't really get why the whip is there. I guess if someone wants to make Simon Belmont?

To answer your first question: If you take Mounted combatant, then maybe. Otherwise just go with a normal reach weapon like a halberd or pike
>>
>>52307785
Because it doesn't give a shit what you think.
>>
What's the average duration for combat assuming it's just regular encounters and they're not fighting boss-tier enemies?

Cause people say 5e combat is quick compared to last editions. I haven't played past editions so I can't really know but I've only DM'd recently and I feel like combat can take a while. I'm pretty new to DMing so there's that factor but my combat can last from 20 minutes to 30 minutes with the rare oddity being a good hour during big numbered fights. I feel like it's long for me (my players seem to not mind) and with us seeing each other 2 hours a week, I kinda want to know how you guys do combat to quicken things but enough to satisfy the combat urges of the party.
>>
>>52308147
I've been running through curse of strahd and we haven't had a single encounter go past four rounds yet. And that was because two of those rounds involved a tactical retreat/chase.
>>
>>52307827
No one?
>>
>>52308147
Are you all new to the game?
Combat is repetitive as fuck, and there are few bonuses (usually it's just rolling extra dice), once you dial it in it gets faster for the players, and as a DM you learn how to prep to make it as fast as possible.
It also depends on how optimized the group is, if they are blenders it will go faster, if they're bumbling around it will go a bit slower, not by too much tho.
>>
>>52308221
it stinks!

>Move Earth:Situational utility. Way too many better picks to consider this.
>>
>>52308260
Is wall of thorns a better pick
>>
>>52308260
what class/spec?
>>
>>52308287
Druid 10/ sorcerer 1
>>
>>52308274
oh druid, sec
>>
>>52308301
yes

>Wall of Thorns: A great area denial spell, it takes a total of 20 feet of movement to get through the wall, and can totally shut down an encounter with clever placement. Put it 15ft in front of your enemies and a creature with Speed 30 will be forced to either waste its action to Dash or end its turn in the wall and take the damage TWICE.

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?468810-GUIDE-By-your-Powers-Combined-A-Land-Druid-Handbook#ixzz4c53Vxz8q
>>
>>52308334
Pair this with the sorlock forcing them back through
>>
>>52308221
Did you ever feel the need to win a siege action on the spot?
That's what it's for.
Sieges are won by the side with more wizards, as usual.
>>
>>52308352
In a game I played, my wizard would use Bigby's Hand to push people back into it. Fun.
>>
I like the Pathfinder world better than Forgotten Realms, would there be any reason why I wouldn't run a D&D5e game in the PF world? Any mechanics that would be hard to handwave? Domains/arcane traditions/etc?
>>
>>52308405
5e doesn't have the kitsunes and other fetish races, so all of Golarion falls apart.
>>
>>52308405
Dwarves hate elves in FR for the most part
>>
>>52308002
How does being d8 finesse make it bad?
>>
>>52308429
well it kinda makes other finesse weps pointless
>>
File: golarion.jpg (368KB, 1159x1500px) Image search: [Google]
golarion.jpg
368KB, 1159x1500px
>>52308405
>>
>>52308449
It's not light so you need a feat to dual wield with it, and not thrown so you can only use it in melee (unlike daggers).
>>
>>52308405
Just do the smart thing and have all the variant races be statted as variant humans with an appropriate first level spell castable on a long rest.
>>
>>52308405
Probably not, you might need to make some adjustments, but you could probably make it work.
>>
>>52307723
I never went in the previous thread so I'm not the guy you're "BTFO"ing but, Psionics and magic should be distinct things in the context of DnD and Psionics shouldn't be affected by anti-magic effects.
>post something people already know about
>btfo
this is just, like, my opinion, man
it's also how i'm gonna handle it when I gm
>>
>>52308468
Yea, but dual wielding is kinda shitty, especially on a rogue when you need the Bonus Action to disengage. Daggers can be easily hidden with Sleight of Hand and thrown, but rapier is really good. A valor bard with a shield for example has 1 (one) choice for a weapon. I wouldn't remove it but it's just better.
>>
>>52308450
That's why I like it, desu. You can run any kind of game you want, just go to the next country over.

>>52308426
I'm sure there are singular exceptions (like there are good Drow), so I don't see how this change would impact the PCs particularly

>>52308425
>>52308475
I wasn't even thinking of including those, they annoy me because most of the time they're shit furries.
>>
I always thought of it as, Mystra created/maintains the Weave which is the source of all magic, and Auppenser created/maintains the, uhh Psionic Matrix or something, which is similar but not connected to the Weave. Auppenser awakening and the return of Psionics to the Realms could be a fun adventure.
>>
>>52308491
Apparently it would have been too hard to copy the tag system from 4e into 5e. Which would have solved all these issues.
>>
Is MEGAanon the hero we need?
>>
>>52307784
Looks like 3.5 to me. That's probably why it's a mess and a waste of everyone's time
>>
Is there a list of everything that changed in Forgotten Realms between 4e and 5e (or 3e and 5e)? I'm looking at 4e maps and the 5e map from Sword Coast's Adventurer's Guide and there are considerable differences in that region...
>>
>>52308705
The one thing I can think of is that 4e got rid of the Wall of the Faithless, because it makes no fucking sense, and then, because wizards are cucks, they brought it back in 5e.
>>
>>52308556
The issue isn't with the material, though, it's with people whining about "muh psionics". Mystic v3 says psionics are magic, which means its pretty obvious that anti-magic fields will suppress it.
>>
>>52308979
For what purpose?
>>
>>52309011
Basically, a complete repudiation of 4e so that the grogs who are now playing pathfinder would come back with 5e.
>>
File: example.png (142KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
example.png
142KB, 280x280px
A zip of .PSD Roll20-style token templates has been added to the Mega under Extras.
>>
The Great Wall is actually good and would make a fun D&D campaign. If you are bored and looking for something to watch, you can see it here if you want.

http://fmovies.to/film/the-great-wall.n355k/rrvlqm

Just turn on the CC because there is some Chinese, not much though.
>>
>>52309126
Nice
>>
I'm strongly disappointed by the "Divine Arcana" presented in this week's Unearthed Arcana. When I see, for the third time in a row, a wizard subclass ability that grants a straight +2 to attack rolls or saving throws, I feel like WoTC aren't paying attention to user feedback.
>>
>>52309492
there's only so much interesting mechanics and class features they can tack on before they have to add absolute modifiers
>>
How easy is 5e to run?
>>
>>52309770
Too easy.
>>
I want to get into minis but I'm never sure how many I need. To anons who have a collection enough to accommodate your encounters, how did it begin? Is there an "essentials" collection that has most used monsters like goblins and generic humanoid that depict commoners?

I'm not sure where to start. i'm gonna assume start small by getting minis depending on what module I'm running and work my way from there? Like I'm starting with Lost Mines so I'll work on getting goblins/bugbears/zombies/bandits/etc. and just let it naturally grow over time?
>>
>>52309780
Sounds like the ideal game for me!
>>
File: Crab Men.pdf (177KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Crab Men.pdf
177KB, 1x1px
Posted a little while ago about a homebrew race of crab men. Here's what I have more or less finished after some recommendations here. Thoughts?
>>
>>52309527

wizard already has like 15 archetypes, they could just not make anymore or hurry up and finish the existing UAs so they are no longer in playtest state.
>>
>>52309783
I collect because they are pretty. I'm not even a DM
>>
File: 1466601554716.jpg (912KB, 1813x2111px) Image search: [Google]
1466601554716.jpg
912KB, 1813x2111px
>>52309823
>Crab men race
>>
>>52309527
Another thing they could is stuff like >>52309830 also fixing classes that are meh at best.
>>
>>52309860
Of you had to "canabalize" any race I'd choose crab people it would be tasty
>>
>>52309886
You won't have enough butter
>>
These are all the monsters in the MM that have Regional Effects:

>Aboleth
>True Dragons
>Kraken
>Mummy Lord
>Beholder
>Unicorn
>Vampire

Aboleth is one of the first entries, so when I saw this I got really excited, but after searching the book and finding only this, I found this extremely underwhelming.

Thoughts?
>>
>>52309912
>implying my character doesn't carry around 100 pounds of butter just for this exact reason

I could also just use prestidigitaion to make it taste buttery
>>
>>52309823
it's gay
>>
>>52309912
That's what the cow-people race is for.
>>
>>52309931
Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention, Mummy Lord hardly counts.
>>
>>52309943
Cow isn't exotic enough for my tastes
>>
File: CrabPeople.png (601KB, 705x540px) Image search: [Google]
CrabPeople.png
601KB, 705x540px
>>52309823
CRAAAAB PEOPLE
>>
Tell me about your last Druid, /5eg/. What were they like?
>>
>>52309931
Yes, it is.

I miss a Medusa with lair actions, making her petrified victims attack the players or some shit.
>>
>>52309982
Well he's an elf hating dwarf Druid who is slowly going insane from not being underground
>>
>>52309982
A prime-of-the-empire British "archaeologist"/explorer type who took it up by copying the natives' rituals for posterity and got taken up by a nature spirit.
>>
>>52309982
He was a throwaway character in a game I was going to leave. He also had 12 as his highest stat because of rolled stats. Praise Moon Druids.
>>
>>52309770
easy to run, hard to run well. You'll find as you get more experienced that there just isn't anything there. It's a very simple edition, and doesn't offer much in the way of unique mechanics. So as your players get better, you'll have to commit more and more work to make things interesting, rather than having a system that naturally does that for you (such as Burning Wheel, EotE, or 4e)
>>
>>52309126
I only see like 5 tokens when I open it with the windows 10 default zip opener.
>>
>>52309982
He's a wrestler
>>
>>52309982
His backstory was that he used to be a treasurer/secretary for a blacksmith guild, and when he was caught embezzling their fund they turned him into the courts for what the Guildmaster believed would be a swift execution. The local judge had been in on his scheme however, and to keep him quiet switched his sentencing from hanging to exile.
He ended up being found by a Druid who took him in as an act of charity, and ended up apprenticing under him out of a mixture of gratitude and for survival purposes. The Druid later on died after a witch cursed him for constantly disrupting the rituals held in his woods, and my Druid then spent most of the next decade stamping out the cults and covens throughout them both out of revenge and because they were damaging to the local environments/ecosystems which he had come to care for through his training.
By the time the campaign started he was in his mid-60s and had mostly settled down into his role as a caretaker for his land and guiding travellers through them in a manner that got them the Hell out as quickly as possible. He was chaotic neutral, which manifested as a cantankerous personality with little respect for the law or hierarchy and a hermetic lifestyle dedicated to his work and study.
That said, the older he grew the more he became homesick for the city he'd once belonged to - and given the relative tranquillity of his woods, he figured he could afford one last journey to visit them again. So he found himself travelling back to his birthplace to say goodbye to it properly for the final time, right as the BBEG of the campaign was busy razing it to the ground.
Cue him meeting the rest of the party who were busy fleeing the destruction.
>>
>>52309982

A gnome with purpose in life, set to eradicate criminality as it undermines civilization and such force overuse of resources
>>
>>52310243
Sounds cool, how did that turn out?
>>
>>52309982

Druid and Ranger are the only classes I've never tried.
>>
So... in my setting

>dwarves are religious fanatics
>elves are secretly slavers
>orcs are seafaring raiders
>Halflings, Dragonborn and Tieflings don't exist

Any suggestions on what I can do with gnomes? I was going to make them not exist too, but one of the players wants to play one.
>>
>>52310381
>implying elves weren't already secretly slavers

Dirty Knife ears are always up to no good
>>
>>52310381
Elf slaves
House elves, if you will
>>
>>52309932
You could use it to make your rations taste like buttery crab
>>
>>52310381

What class is he hoping to play? You can base it off from his decision. Like make him the Drizzt of that world or some shit.
>>
>>52310420
He wants to play a (Great Old One) Warlock. I think I could go from that and say that gnomes are all inherently mad or something like that...

Any other ideas, guys?
>>
>>52310117
It's templates for making tokens, not the tokens themselves (which you can find elsewhere in the Mega).
>>
>>52308147
Try playing for a longer period, 2 hours isn't enough
>>
>>52310466
Sure, combine it with living in streets or the woods, fey like weirdness and rampant pact magic of all flavors.
>>
>>52309931
Volo's has regional effects too, and so do Demon lords
>>
>>52310522
Working off this, they can enjoy putting themselves into servitude of various sorts, as it helps them focus themselves.
>>
>>52310466

Make them historically tied to occult Far realm shit that got them a bad name until a recent event got them to sort of redeem their raceand clean up in the eyes of the others. Hell make it that gnomes eventually integrated themselves to the dwarven society, since the end of the gnome race's "Mad Times" or something, the gnomes turned to the more pious outlook in religion with the dwarves' gods. Sprinkle some old discriminatory flavor that make some society not trust gnomes due to old history and you got something.
>>
>>52310534
Sure, but not in the MM, right?
>>
>>52310574
Uhh yeah but I mean if you are after regional effect monsters there are plenty of them in other books too
>>
http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/charactersheets

Looks like the June product release (previously unnamed on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Untitled-RPG-Accessory-Wizards-Team/dp/0786966181) has been confirmed as a new character sheet pack.

So I'm guessing the rest of the unnamed ones will be stuff like a new first-party DM screen and such.
>>
>>52310638

Do we have codenames for upcoming modules/supplements?
>>
>>52308147
way I see it there are three main aspects that affect combat speed, in no particular order.

1. player type (players who are quick at thinking and think of their actions ahead of time vs. players who bumble around a lot and are indecisive)
2. player class (a champion fighter vs a full spellcaster, how many possible options they have at their disposal)
3. DM prep/tools (how quick you can note down monster effects, roll imitative and keep track of order, etc.)

typically combat only lasts for about 3-5 rounds for my party for a medium sized encounter, which is about 15-30 minutes on average.
>>
>>52309931
You missed Death Tyrant
>>
>>52310664
September release is Dust (with writing input from Pendleton Ward), November release is Midway.
>>
>>52310638
why would i BUY char sheets for 10 usd when i could print them
>>
>>52310704
To support your local game store
>>
>>52309931
Doesn't a lich also have lair actions?
>>
>>52310704
It's going to include three "additional styles" of character sheet as well. Plus you can photocopy them.

The biggest draw is probably the fancy protective folder.
>>
My next session is in about 2 hours. How about you /5eg/?
>>
is this latest wizard UA one of the worst ever released?
>>
>>52310817

Saturday
>>
>>52310839
UA Variant Rules exists, so no.
>>
>>52310466
Make the Life-Shapers, like the Athasian Halflings once were.

Unlike the gnomes of other worlds, who make mechanisms from cogs and levers, the gnomes make new life. A gnome house is grown from an ammonite like house beast, its shell forming the walls, and the tentacled beast acting as a guard dog.

Use Rock gnome stats, but tinker becomes Lifecraft. Mostly the same but their devices are strange little organic lifeforms. The Music Box, for instance, is a toad-like being that sings like a songbird.
>>
>>52309823

it's bad enough to where i think you're trolling.
>>
>>52310817
Most likely Sunday
>>
whats the worst new player that you've ever had to deal with /5eg/
>>
If I crit and Divine Smite, do I multiply the smite damage?
>>
>>52311279
Yes.
>>
How difficult do you guys think it would be to implement a system similar to Diablo 2's runewords in a 5e game?

For those not familiar, runes in D2 span from relatively common to rare items imbued with power and each of them represents a sylable-like sound. If you attach them to an item in a certain order, you create a runeword. The presence of the word itself in the item grants it unique powers, sometimes extremely broken (such as teleport at-will).

Of course, the whole "attaching to an item" aspect is a little alien to the basic mechanics of the game, and in their original medium they were already full of balance issues. However, I'm still tempted to mess with the idea just for how much it gives players the sensation that they didn't just stumble upon a magic item, but instead gave something power through a complex and difficult process.
>>
>>52311368
Is it in errata?
>>
>>52311396
You multiply dice, there's no 'Only dice I allow you to multiply can be multiplied :^)' bullshit.
>>
>>52311254
Had a friend want to join us since most of our friend group plays anyway. Longest time kept picking special snowflake classes from dandwiki, wanted to play mostly broken classes from the same site. Kept telling him no till he found a semi workable one, problem was he RPed him as a dick and set up his back story so he was a pseudo undead (think Shadow of Mordor). One party member was a paladin of the Raven Queen, the other lost his mentor to an undead horde the two tried to stop.He died the first session he played from the party because he had no redeeming qualities. Now he's a half orc/half dwarf bard with a purple mohawk that most of the party hates for being a twat and is never there.
>>
>>52311254
Hermit Dragonborn Wot4E Monk
"Why am I useless compared to the totem barb?"
Wished to kms
>>
>>52311431
It hurts me inside when people don't understand that D&D Wiki is not even balanced homebrew
>>
>>52311386
Pick a few of the psionic powers to become your rune words. Talents are the runes themselves, discipline powers are fully realized words. Psi point cost reflects rarity. You'd have to do some overhead yourself, but you'd have a pretty decent system when all's said and done.
>>
>>52311431
What's up with all these orcs with mohawks these days?
>>
>>52308450
Why did you put spain twice?
>>
>>52311486
Do. orcs even have hair?
>>
>>52308674
We don't deserve him. I use his tools every single session
>>
>>52311461
I've looked on there and it's a fucking nightmare, he was at first on a kick to have a class that let him have a dragon. A.FUCKING.DRAGON and saw no problem with that.

I wish they'd put a disclaimer on the front that says "don't waste you and your DM's time unless everyone else is playing broken classes from here."
>>
>>52311507
>>52308674
I would gladly give the succ and more if he lived in a 50km radius of here.
>>
>>52311545
What are you a fucking elf. Don't be so gay
>>
>>52311486
For him it was probably I wouldn't allow a huge special snowflake, so he made one within the bounds of the book. Luckily I talked him out of taking bagpipes as his instrument, especially since his idea was to play snippets of bagpipes being played to give inspiration.
>>
>>52311545
I would give meganon a handshake and wrap my arms around his torso
>>
>>52311461
>tfw playing a D&D wiki archetype
>Because you wanted a barbarian dragon archetype
>It's literally worse than just playing zealot unless for some godforsaken reason we reach level 10 and 14 since however made the class gave up and on level 10 gives it fucking lay on hands and 14 flying, permanently.
>We're level 3.

Hey man, sometimes it's "balanced" on the basis it's just worse than another archetype that already exists except in niche cases.

>>52311523
>Shitbrewers
>Ever admitting their shitbrew is bad
Senpai... Just open up random archetypes they all fall in either "Worse than an actual archetype" or "Broken beyond all fucking belief"
>>
Current party
>Ranger, Human oprhan, bit of edge background, bit of an average person character
>Rouge, Water genasi noble, ran away to steal things bit of a murderhobo but getting better about it
>Monk, Aarakockra acolyte, Owl monk, dedicated to religon pretty chill
>Mystic, Kobold cart driver, FUCK
>>
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/bestiary.html#Ancient%20Red%20Dragon

I went through the rips of Roll20's tokens for SKT and LMoP and added them to the bestiary. The next big group will be added once the MM tokens are ripped.
>>
>>52311561
I'm a Human, 1/8 Orc :^)

>>52311581
Now that's gay

>>52311593
Just refluff it
>>
>>52311698
too late, I made the character in like 2 minutes and the GM didn't know about 5etools, so he just sent me the archetypes on D&DWiki.

Too late we realized it was stupid, but hey, I get to have dragon shaman and cast frostbite while raging plus double rage damage.
>>
File: 1488837516142.png (181KB, 309x323px) Image search: [Google]
1488837516142.png
181KB, 309x323px
Teegee, I'm running a West marshes style game and need names for the closeby ranch and windmill farm. I'd like something foreboding without being to on the nose. Each sits within a place known as Mornfall Valley near the major hub town of Somberton (used to be Songbird Town until forgotten). Any ideas?
>>
>>52311254
A kid, about 12-13 with ADD that was a walking stereotype. His mother basically dumped him off to the LGS like a daycare to escape from him. He had a mobile game with him that was apparently some indie D&D-like game where the aesthetic is that you're a PC playing the DM's dungeon. He wanted to craft a super magic poison longbow, and cited Skyrim as an example of crafting. He couldn't focus on anything, and would start talking about Fallout 4 instead of answering a question. He wanted the attention to 100% be on his character, and had no concept of taking turns, and waiting for other people to play their part. This went on for about 3 sessions while I tried to get him to adhere to the table rules.

It was pretty hard to tell someone who obviously knows they have a genetic problem that you need to remove them.
>>
>>52307785
Tell us where the game personally hurt you.
>>
>>52309823
This is flatly unbalanced, with no culture for said crabmans, and you should feel bad. 3/10
>>
>>52311776
Jesus Christ im glad my parents could afford meds for that shit. Are you sure that was just ADD
>>
>>52311764
Hidden Valley Ranch, and Pepperidge Farm.
>>
>>52311820
>No culture
>taste like crab
>talk like people

Do you even try
>>
>>52311764
Weepin willows
Leaning oak
Quiet fields
>>
>>52311593
Nah, I'll just tell people no and here's why, don't like it find another DM.9/10 I say no because it will unbalance the game and make it less fun for everyone else.
>>
Just made my Half Orc Stone Sorcerer. Spells I took are Shield and Thunderous Smite. Cantrips are Mold Earth, Booming Blade, GFB and Fire Bolt.

Sounds good or should I take something different?
>>
>>52310381
Gnomes are exclusively Fey servants doing their work on the material plane
>>
>>52311901
>being this dense
I was saying that even when it's balanced, it's balance because it's mechanically inferior to an official option
>>
>>52311820
>>52311865
Crabs have all the culture they need living on their bodies. They're horribly diseased and riddled with STDs, only partially because of their propensity for cannibalism.
>>
>>52311927
I understood but the problem is that didn't apply to the situation since he found and wanted to play only the broken ones. So I tell everyone no to make it easier.
>>
Do. Black dwarves exist in the forgotten realms?
>>
>>52312026
I have a better idea anon, maybe you haven't thought of it but...
Have you thought of kicking him since he's generally disruptive, is never there and apparently nobody likes him?
>>
>>52312037
Duergar, my dude
>>
>>52312060
>TFW you fucked up the question

No like "Black" dwarves from the surface not the ones from the underdark
>>
>>52310678

Isn't that Beholder?
>>
>>52311279

Yes. Paladins are capable of outrageous burst. But it's their specialty, and it's on a long rest, so hey.
>>
>>52311776
>kid with ADD goes to play AD&D
could've been a nice history
>>
What's the best way to put a setting together?
>>
>>52310101
Is this true at all?
>>
>>52310732
>regional effects
>lair actions
>reading comprehension
>>
Did some literal retard really have an autistic screeching fit over what is "canon"? What the actual fuck? No, seriously, fucking wat.
>>
>>52312080

Like dark-skinned? I'm no FR loremaster but I say, why not. Its just skin color.
>>
>>52312080
I'm not entirely sure
Dwarves are usually said to inhabit high altitude mountainous places in the north, which says to me they're varying degrees of white, but I don't see the problem with having a dark skinned dwarf.
>>
>>52312275
Where?
>>
>>52312287
Because I've literally only seen one official depiction with dark skin and was wondering why they aren't more common
>>
>>52310101

EotE is a system that breaks down the more you go along in it. As soon as players can crit frequently, combat becomes an unamusing mess of rocket tag.

5e tends towards slightly boring combat, but it's never over after the first round (unless it actually is over after round 1).
>>
>>52312288
Last thread, I had a read of the thread after going to bed. It's a fucking trainwreck.
>>
>>52312275
Yes leave it be

>>52312231
Fuck off m8 there's a reason I put it as a question.
>>
>>52312321
I was in last thread if it was the 5e general. I must be forgetful
>>
>>52312080
Gold dwarves in the forgotten realms are black. They're described a little in the SCAG
>>
>>52312349
I have an official 5e mini of one that is redder in skin color. Are you telling me I've been playing a digger this whole time and I didn't know
>>
>making a Wild West campaign
>studying TRAINS
jesus christ trains are awesome

>you will never play a railroad worker Bard singing work songs to buff the party while spearing and bludgeoning your foes with repurposed track-laying tools
>>
>>52312390
Well you ARE playing a dwarf.
>>
File: brown.png (2MB, 1100x1200px) Image search: [Google]
brown.png
2MB, 1100x1200px
>>52312390
You're both right. Gold dwarves are very tanned but also come in red varieties.
>>
>>52312336
>Fuck off m8 there's a reason I put it as a question.
What's that got to do with your inability to read?
>>
>>52312340
It's a good thing you forgot; I'm now exposed to the fact that people like that exist.
>>
>>52312435
Well good.
>>
Does anyone here every really specify their character's ethnicity if playing a human?
>>
>>52309931
What other monsters in the Monster Manual do you think should have regional effects?
>>
What do you imagine a half-dragonborn, half-tiefling child would look like?
>>
>>52312421
Yah mean a bardbarian?
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 391x946px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 391x946px
Alright, /5eg/
I wanna make a Bathorian vampire, like the sort that instead of drinking blood, bathes in it.
Which class and race combo makes this the most statistically sound?
>>
>>52312510
Aborted
>>
>>52312510
well, it'd have horns
>>
>>52312510
Non-viable.
>>
>>52312436
That I stated something from memory without being 100% sure.

>Implying this isn't bait at this point
>>
>>52308010
Whip exists so that dex-characters have an options to get reach.

The annoying this is that the only two classes that would really benefit from it are Rogue, and Monk, neither of whom get Whip proficiency.
>>
>>52312528
>what class / race is best suited for taking a specific kind of bath
LITERALLY ANY OF THEM HOLY SHIT IT'S JUST A BATH
i dunno make a bard or bladelock because edgy paladins are stupid but you can still be a cha-based melee guy slicing people open and getting their vital liquids all over your skin
>>
>>52312528
Any would work, but a drow undying warlock might fit thematically.
>>
>>52312435
Looking into gold dwarves more they truely do fit my character's personality very well
>>
>>52312571
I was thinking Drow, but also maybe that aether born from the Kaladesh Plane Shift?
>>
File: 1481422201042.jpg (240KB, 800x563px) Image search: [Google]
1481422201042.jpg
240KB, 800x563px
>>52312528
Step by step instructions.
>>
>>52312598
One has the sunlight sensitivity, other has a drain, but you're talking about a vampire who doesn't drain.
>>
Is 5e really the "nothing there in terms of mechanics, really simple edition" as some seem to think it is?
>>
>>52312598
Zendikar has an actual vampire race if that helps.
>>
File: 1490222545492.jpg (130KB, 650x460px) Image search: [Google]
1490222545492.jpg
130KB, 650x460px
It greatly saddens me that people still play this awful awful game. Why not move onto a better system like GURPS?
>>
>>52312509
Oh, many. I seriously love the feature. I should note that I'm biased because I'm passionate about ecology, and this is like, "how would magical creatures affect ecology".

In an ideal word, the MM would mention it for every creature that's kinda "magical". Illithids and hags got kinda handled in Volo's, as that other guy mentioned, and those were great additions.
>>
File: StaleBait.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
StaleBait.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>52312699
>>
>>52307949
I play a Bugbear Kensai who uses a Lance for d12 damage and 15ft reach. If I get stuck in melee I pull out a Greatsword or punch the shit outta people. Long range I use Longbow.
>>
>>52312699
Alright, I'm humor you, how is it an awful, awful game?
How is GURPS a better system in comparison?
>>
>>52312510
Doesn't the fluff say tieflings always beget tieflings?
>>
>>52312551
>That I stated something from memory without being 100% sure.
But you responded to someone asking about Regional Effects by talking about Lair Actions. That's not misremembering, that's being retarded.
>Implying this isn't bait at this point
You mean it wasn't bait in the first place?
>>52312510
Can you even be half-tiefling? Is a tiefling's appearance affected by their racial ancestry?
>>52312652
Nothing there? Not really. Really simple? Yeah, mostly because it limits the numerical bonuses from a shitload of +/-1s from different circumstances and so on down to advantage or disadvantage, among other things.
>>
>>52312699

>>52312650
>>
File: 1430680134110.jpg (32KB, 344x345px) Image search: [Google]
1430680134110.jpg
32KB, 344x345px
reminder that if you play a variant human and use polearm feats you're a filthy munchkin and should gut yourself asap
>>
/pfg/ is literally going to run a game that requires you to be willing to get raped for you to get in, what are you doing with your life /5eg/?

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71590/puella-librum-daemonium
>>
>>52312776
>>52312780

Is that in the PHB somewhere? Not saying I don't believe you, I'd just like to read it myself.
>>
File: tieflings.png (214KB, 322x275px) Image search: [Google]
tieflings.png
214KB, 322x275px
>>52312814
From the PHB.
>>
>>52312868
Could a tiefling have antlers for horns?
>>
>>52312882
dude it's D&D, it's whatever you want
>>
>>52312808
Good for them?

Who cares what you do in your spare time, as long as you enjoy it?
>>
File: 1403009491771.jpg (106KB, 840x699px) Image search: [Google]
1403009491771.jpg
106KB, 840x699px
>>52312808
Is it kind of bad that I want this?
>>
>>52312907
Yes, yes it is.
>>
>>52312882
Given the other examples, I'd say there's nothing stopping you.
>>52312868
>>52312776
As an addition, the book also says tieflings exist because of an ancient pact with Asmodeus corrupting the bloodline, and it affects all descendents of the tiefling.
So, yeah, tieflings beget tieflings and since they're not really a race of their own, more like a corrupted version of humanity, you can't have have half-tieflings in the same way you can have half-elves.
>>
>>52312907
You have until Thursday to apply!
>>
>>52310101
If you need handholding and can't think for yourself because you need a mechanical reason for everything, all the more power to you.
>>
>>52307949
>Tfw sling actually has a niche because rogues can use it with magic stone

It's a really tiny shitty niche but it exists. Unlike blowgun.
>>
>>52312940

So, papa dragonborn and mama tiefling would have a child who's just a plain ol' tiefling?

I guess it could be slightly fluffed up to make some of the features vaguely more draconic.
>>
>>52312946
I don't want to play pathfinder though. A 5e game would be nice if it was something like that
>>
>>52312617
That's pretty rude, anon.
>>
>>52312795
>Not giving everyone free half-feats for all their weapons and removing PAM
Why?
>>
>>52312795
Ban/recompense variant human feat.
Create competitive marital feats for other playstyles.
Optionally: free feat at level 1.

Every complaint until you/your DM fixes it.
>>
>>52312998
>Marital feats
Im not ready for this kind of commitment
>>
>>52307949
Dual wield lances while mounted.
>>
File: 1462202821128.jpg (29KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1462202821128.jpg
29KB, 412x430px
>>52311776
I've seen one of these types recently in my games. Just like yours, his mother came and dropped him off, though he was closer to 16-18, looked really unkempt, wasn't fat or anything just really off. Didn't seem like he really has any sort of interest in reading the book to get familiar with it at all, had to have help every step of the way (which is fine for creation and such), but a few sessions in and he still can't add a number to his roll to figure out attack. He seems incredibly disinterested all the time. He seemed to do "slightly" better last session, will have to see if he shows up for the next and how he does.

I just wonder if he was just super unpopular and had no friends, and thus no social skills whatsoever, or if he legit has something wrong with him.

We have this other player too, but he's like 60+, fat and bald so he looks like an old grognard, yet he can't pay attention to save his life. I can't remember the last time he EVER realized that it was his turn in combat. He can't not talk about super hero shit, from comics to the super hero shows on the CW and shit, it's literally an all session thing for him. Now and then he'll yak about star trek but thats a once-a-session deviation from his norm. And like the former guy, he can't friggin add one god damn number to his roll to figure out his attack or damage, and he's been coming for a god damn fucking YEAR.
>>
>>52312953
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>52313037
Put a time limit on turns nigga, they'll learn right quick.
>>
>>52312190
I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true. You've got two choices to make things fun in 5e after your group is experienced. Either you freeform it, or you spend hours meticulously balancing tight mechanics that any other system would have provided for you. None are particularly appealing to me (freeform sucks because it can rarely be done fairly, and I'm too lazy to do the other).
>>
File: 1489914059659.jpg (213KB, 1378x2039px) Image search: [Google]
1489914059659.jpg
213KB, 1378x2039px
>>52311434
>Worst archetype in the fucking game with a completely unsuitable race on the harshest class
>>
>>52307719
>Official survey on Unearthed Arcana: The Mystic Class
I said the class is perfect as it is
>>
>>52312882

By definition, antlers are not horns if they're antlers.

But that's pedantics. I think tieflings could have antlers.
>>
>>52313080
See >>52312953
Ie, in your experience and not true for everyone.
>>
>>52312975

I think that's essentially what they were going for. There's not going to be a "half-tiefling" race, but individuals may bear some appearance to their nontiefling parents.
>>
>>52313102
I hope you enjoy your 6d6+weapon damage nova for 14 psi points, and having 7 psi point abilities gated until level 14. You could always play the new Theurge, and Lore Master Wizards totally unchanged for PHB2 though!
>>
>>52313080
>you spend hours meticulously balancing tight mechanics
>tight mechanics
For what purpose? Are you fucking retarded?
>>
File: SHEEIT.jpg (100KB, 868x921px) Image search: [Google]
SHEEIT.jpg
100KB, 868x921px
>>52312390
WE
>>
>>52313156
>ou could always play the new Theurge,
>new
Nothing has changed about the Theurge, but I think the subclass is ok.

>and Lore Master Wizards
It need some changes, I will give you that, but it's not ~that~ much better than the others.
>>
How is nuclear druid (twilight) so broken?
You just get to do some heavy nuking but it looks very limited.
>>
Would Juiblex as a patron be suitable for the Great Old One pact, or would he still be a fiend?

Was pondering a Water Genasi warlock, with an ooze theme.
>>
Any updates with Forgotten Realms here in 5e?
>>
File: 1490059868246.jpg (268KB, 1500x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1490059868246.jpg
268KB, 1500x1100px
Hey , how do you cope with your character lost of the left middle, ring, and pinkie fingers, right leg, left eye, a part of the left brain, burnt thoat and torn lung, and low ration?

My team are all fighter and very knowledgeable about medicine. All the kind priest are dead or smart enough not to enjoy our company. 2 champion front land with shield style. Battlemaster is our Tactician and supply manager. I am the Eldritch knight who scout, support with defensive spell, and flank the enemy range if needed. We are level 8.
>>
File: Sad Swedes.jpg (48KB, 600x377px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Swedes.jpg
48KB, 600x377px
>>52312795
>DM games fairly consistently
>when in dire need of new peeps, go to online sources
>create a document or two for players so they know pertinent information on races, classes, homebrew rules (if any), and the scope of the campaign
>80% of the new people from these sources join asap with a concept in hand
>half of them are some off the wall random-homebrew thing
>other half go straight for variant human
>without reading a word of the docs or talking about the campaign world
>"IS VARIANT HUMAN ALLOWED?!" splurged out every time

It hurts me, /tg/.
>>
File: 1489178132448.png (869KB, 986x797px) Image search: [Google]
1489178132448.png
869KB, 986x797px
>>52313337
>>
How would you guys handle traps in a relatively open space?
My players are in a tropical area, with jungle and shrubbery, not a dungeon. I want for native tribes to have trapped the area surrounding their settlements, but I'm new and don't really know how to confront players with that.
>>
File: cyborg samurai.jpg (51KB, 736x587px) Image search: [Google]
cyborg samurai.jpg
51KB, 736x587px
>>52313337
You rebuild him, and make him stronger, or you know, get a high level choir boy to cast a spell or two on him.
>>
>>52313343

It's not like /5eg/ is any better.

Remember, kids: if you aren't vhuman or mountain dwarf, you're dead weight in combat!
>>
>>52313372
Give a forewarning. Useful NPC warns of traps or someone notices a trap. From then on, they know to be careful of traps.

Then, as long as they're not all blind idiots, they should just find all the traps they stumble upon automatically if they're specifically taking caution with their movements.
>>
>>52313343
You know why, right?

VHumans are just fun to play, since it lets humans stay relevant in a sea of +2s, while still allowing for human RP, which is the RP with the most range.
>>
>>52313343
When setting up recruitment, mention you won't be allowing variant humans.

Then ignore/ban anyone who asks to play one.
>>
>>52313343
just replace the standard and variant humans with something than can actually stand on its own and give everyone a free feat at level one
>>
>>52312598
If you're willing to do Planeshift content why not take the actual fucking vampires from Innistrad.
>>
>>52308495
>You can run any kind of game you want, just go to the next country over.

>people complain that every Forgotten Realms campaign is the same
>applaud Golarian for having variety in location
>FR has like ten times as much
>everyone plays every locale in FR like it's fucking England
>>
>>52313495
this is best idea desu
>>
>>52312808
Depends on the rape
>>
>>52313396
Yeah but /5eg/ is full of theorycrafters who come up with ridiculous shit and never play.
>>
Variant human isn't the problem.

The mandatory martial feats such as PAM are.
>>
>>52313545
>implying FR is good
You're just a salty fuck who can't accept PF did anything right, even when it's leagues better in setting than the DnDefault setting.
>>
>>52312975
Assuming a dragonborn can breed with any non-dragonborn to begin with. Pretty sure there's no mentioned precedent for that.
>>
>>52313495
This is what my group does, works pretty well
>>
Question: has anyone ever found something on dndwiki that wasn't broken to shit one way or another? You think just by laws of statistics that something there is decent.
>>
>>52313661
I have no opinion on PF or its continent, I'm just pointing out that this guy is going ga-ga over the ability to "hit the next country, be in a new genre/period" when that's true of most settings, especially FR.
>>
>>52313756
Of course. They're rare but you can find some decent stuff there.
>>
File: 1423017991606.png (83KB, 221x195px) Image search: [Google]
1423017991606.png
83KB, 221x195px
>>52313729
Doesn't seem like a hard "no" so I probably wouldn't disallow it. If my player wants to go on and on about his beautiful tiefling wife and their weirdo kids back on the farm, who am I to stop him?
>>
>>52313756
Give enough monkeys typewriters and eventually they'll make something that's stale and completely bland and pointless but playable.
>>
>>52313835
>beautiful
>tiefling

P U R G E T H E D E M O N S
>>
>>52313756
Look up Dragon Knight class for some laughs
>>
>>52313876

>he wouldn't fuck a tiefling

everyone get a load of this joker
>>
>>52313916
Not him, but I wouldn't fuck, period.
TOUCH ME NOT, I AM CHASTE
DEMON BITCHES LEAVE
>>
File: Conjure_Animals.gif (876KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Conjure_Animals.gif
876KB, 480x360px
>Everyone ITT complaining about munchkins using althuman to power game
>Meanwhile, I've only ever used althuman to give my druid a wisecracking raven familiar

Maybe it isn't the game that sucks, you're just playing with people who suck.
>>
I'm lazy, wher can I get pre gens dor 5e?
>>
>>52309982
A Wood Elf Moon Druid/Fey Bladelock who gays around the forest with his Moon Bow and then turns into animals to dispense advice to random travellers like he's in fucking Wonderland or some shit.

I honestly went for the absolute gayest character I could and my party fucking loved it. He and the Firbolg Totem Barbarian constantly have contests of strength and speed, the Bard sings songs about him to the townsfolk and they all want to fuck him, and the Paladin keeps trying to convince him that he is already working for the same god as he is.

I don't know what the fuck happened. I straight up made him to be that poncy faggot elf everyone hates, but he rolls so well and always pulls through clutch shit. I even had him only wear a thong made of vines and leaves, and a cape made of moss and shit like that to really drive home the gay as fuck elf-drood-ness. No one hates him. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.
>>
>>52314004
Google "5e precons" you lazy fuck.
>>
>>52314029

Hammy characters hare great and have their place. To be honest, as long as you weren't relentlessly trying to fuck everything that moves, and knows when to sober up for serious times, having that character at my table sounds like a good time.

Alternatively, not everyone is a raging homophobe. Shocking, I know.
>>
>>52309982
I just started playing him. He's a weak, sickly nobeman's son who was just a plain old botanist before his parents decided to try to marry him off. Now he's running away from responsibility with only his pet raven to guide him.
>>
>>52314032
I want pre gens made from level 1 to at least 5
>>
>>52314090
See
>>52312617
>>
Anything good in the dmsguild or is it just shit?
>>
>>52313443
>RP with the most range
>"I can't do [x] as a [y race]"

The fact that you think being any race limits your RP in any way belies the lack of intelligence typical of vhuman advocates.
>>
>>52314205
rude

:/
>>
File: 1487707918978.jpg (87KB, 718x654px) Image search: [Google]
1487707918978.jpg
87KB, 718x654px
>>52313984
>
>>
>>52312882

Pretty sure it says somewhere that Tieflings spawned by Beshaba have antlers
>>
>>52314029
>A Wood Elf Moon Druid/Fey Bladelock
Doesn't actually sound like the worst thing in the world. Shit out all your slots for damage, then become a bear while you wait for the fight to end.
>>
>>52314257
I'm not sure if you've realized, but the PHB is always going on about how "Dwarfs are loyal and hearty" or "Wood Elves stay in tune with nature" or "Tieflings are outcasts," ect. The only race that doesn't have those kinds of limiters are Humans, in that they only get the description "fits in everywhere." If I were to play a Drow who's a renegade from the Underdark and in tune with nature, I'd be laughed out of these threads with cries of Drizzit tier bad characters, but replace Drow with Human and Underdark with whatever Keep was closest, and it wouldn't be half bad.
>>
>>52313916
Why on Earth wouldn't you fuck a tiefling?
>>
>>52314350
That's why you don't give a shit about what these threads think, and the book contradicts itself plenty of times. One example I can think of is that it suggests halflings are almost always Lawful Good, and then later suggests they make great warlocks.
>>
>>52313284
Because 11*(1d4+9d10+1) or 11*53 on average is more then heavy nuking. Anything that isn't resistant/immune to necrotic will take a metric fuck-ton of damage. Level 20, you can kill Demogorgon with an average damage roll in one cast, no save or attack roll. Hell, you can do that with your level 8 cast and save your level 9 slot to one shot two Balors.

The build comes online at level 3 and scales with levels and spell levels and does entirely too much damage at every level. And after your unreasonable burst you're still a druid with all but your two highest level slots.
>>
File: 1437399613917.jpg (783KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1437399613917.jpg
783KB, 1067x1600px
What do you think about this as a reward for a good Paladin?

>Holy Shield of Lady Flora
>+1 Magic Shield inscribed with the Symbol of Chauntea
>As a bonus action it can emit blinding light, causing any hostile creature with 5ft to become blind for 1 turn
>Has 3 faint runes which will unlock further powers when you perform suitably heroic Paladin deeds

the best part is, this will encourage the paladin to play LG and annoy all the Neutral characters
>>
>>52311865
>>52311936
I suppose I can't argue with that logic, I just want more fluff than crabmans gonna crab sometimes. Maybe they're some sort of cave demon who ended up inhabiting the material plane and naturalized, why not?
>>
File: IMG_3104.jpg (21KB, 228x278px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3104.jpg
21KB, 228x278px
Could he work as a BBEG

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/François_Duvalier
>>
File: Crabman.png (2MB, 1087x1467px) Image search: [Google]
Crabman.png
2MB, 1087x1467px
>>52314439
Well, it fits in with the old crabmen's lack of fluff.
>>
>>52314457
Yeah? He was a brutal dictator.
>>
>>52314350
You care about whether a tabletop Dice game discussion thread on a Somali hair dying website laughs at you?
>>
>>52314578
It's not just this place, it's that the same thing would happen in a game if I tried to join in one with one of those.
>>
>>52309931
Just make up your own.
For example a Death Knight's lair has shades of the last moments of his victims occasionally appearing like a bad recording. Healing spells are less powerful in the lair, only healing half of it's normal values. Things around his lair also seems old and decrepit, but still functional, like something that should die/break but doesn't.

A purple Worm's lair is littered with tiny spikes that can poison people if they're not careful, with bigger spikes and more potent poisons the closer you are. It also has upturned earth and dirt all over. Animals avoid this place like the plague, and horses and bests of burden get more and more restless the closer you get.

You're the DM, just make shit up, I always thought the Regional Effects in the book are just examples for you to make your own.
>>
What is up with the lack of gold dwarf representation in 5e

Everywhere I look there are no dwarves like me. The superior dwarven race
>>
How obnoxious would it be if I used the spellings "duorves" and "ilves" for dwarves and elves?
>>
File: Gwlogo.png (77KB, 490x203px) Image search: [Google]
Gwlogo.png
77KB, 490x203px
>>52314747
It would be financially marketable.
>>
>>52314747
It wouldn't just be obnoxious, it'd be the dumbest thing I've ever heard of, but to each his own.
>>
>>52314747
Very.
>>
>>52314738
WE
>>
>>52312979
Yes. Fuck going through the mess of rules that's PF for a game like this.
>>
>>52314747
Don't.
>>
>>52312907
>Want
Cant rape the willing, so you cant play.
>>
>>52312080
It's a fantasy game do whatever you want. By the lore there are no black dwarves though.
>>
File: Tiefling.png (17KB, 1259x132px) Image search: [Google]
Tiefling.png
17KB, 1259x132px
>>52312868
This one comes from Brimstone Angels.
In this case, they were adopted by the Dragonborn
>>
>>52314875
We clarified that they are gold dwarves
>>
>>52314423
bump
>>
>>52314896
They don't exist. "gold dwarves" are the gayest marketing scheme in the world.
>>
How would you make an Indiana Jones in D&D? Or at least an archeologist?

I'm picturing an Arcana Cleric with a Whip, and you?
>>
>>52314941
they've been there from the start.
>>
>>52314423
Slap on "requires attunement by a Paladin or Cleric of Good alignment" and it looks solid. The blinding light should probably have a save, though.
>>
>>52314951
I'm picturing an Inquisitor Rogue with a whip.
>>
>>52314951
Mystic with whip
>>
>>52314960
They aren't in 5e
>>
>>52314962
Blind is a CON save right?

Hmm they're fighting Giants, they all have high CON.
>>
>>52314423
, limit the 5ft for only the direction the shield is pointing, maybe make a conta.e
>>
>>52314941

>black

>gay

We're hitting all the points on the oppression checklist here
>>
>>52314993
>>52314941
They use mountain dwarf stat in SCAG
>>
>>52315027
we wuz dwarves
>>
>>52315009
>the oppression checklist
Shhhhhhhhhh...
You're going to attract the SJWs and the /pol/fags!
>>
>>52314423
Which are the further powers?
Follow >>52314962 rules and this is ok.

>>52314951
>>52314973
>>52314986
Thinking better, he could be a Dex Fighter Battlemaster with Distracting Attack, Riposte, and Trip Attack.
>>
>>52315027
No they are hill dwarves last I checked
>>
>>52315082
>Which are the further powers?

Hadn't fully decided. I can either play up the theme of light, and have it eventually shoot damaging Light/Sun rays out of the front.

Or stick with Chauntea and have it cause things like entangle/Summon Awakened Tree.
>>
File: 1486862669877.gif (3MB, 294x238px) Image search: [Google]
1486862669877.gif
3MB, 294x238px
>>52315061
>SJWs on 4chan
>thinking /pol/acks and fa/tg/uys are different people
>>
>>52315194
I exchanged my real racism for dwarves racism at the gate
>>
>>52315222
>dwarves racism
It's not racism when the race is objective shit
>>
>>52315009
See? Look: >>52315194 It's already started!
>>
File: 1405496654696.jpg (216KB, 1512x1512px) Image search: [Google]
1405496654696.jpg
216KB, 1512x1512px
>>52315194
>/pol/fags!

You mean normal sane rational /tg/ members.
>>
>>52315254
/pol/fags are the opposite of normal, sane, or rational, and David Bowie would be ashamed that you used his picture for that comment.
>>
should I tack on a proficiency in stealth as a sorcerer even though my friend Ranger has it too? Trying to pick two between Perception, Medicine, Stealth and Intimidation. I have Arcana, Persuasion, Deception and Insight. Team has no Wisdom or Int based PCs except the Ranger for his spells.
>>
>>52315356
You don't need stealth. Just pick perception.
>>
File: The_Thin_White_Duke_76.jpg (46KB, 425x537px) Image search: [Google]
The_Thin_White_Duke_76.jpg
46KB, 425x537px
>>52315288
Depends on the Bowie.
>>
>>52315288
Don't even start with him, man. He is probably under the impression that "The Thin White Duke" was more than an act. He's not a real Bowie fan, he's not a real anything. He's just kind of a faggot.
>>
>>52313197
so you aren't playing freeform. Mechanics are necessary for fair adjudication of the situations players get in.
>>
File: 1475543124329.png (81KB, 400x397px) Image search: [Google]
1475543124329.png
81KB, 400x397px
>>52315288
ya ok man youre the epitome of "sanity" and "normality" big balls on you
>>
>>52315375
I guess I'll take medicine too, or should I grab an Int skill? I think the Ranger knows nature. I have +2 Wis but 0 Int.
>>
>>52315404
It's >>52315392 and given the timing of the posts, wanted to specify that I'm not that guy.

I was more referencing that it would be perfectly in character for the TWD, which was explicitly a persona, and not Bowie himself; and that Bowie may have understood those statements being made with regard to that persona.
>>
>>52315356
Take perception, not stealth. Maybe intimidation if you're the party face.
>>
>>52315253
I made the comment he was referring to
>>
>>52315462
I know it would work with with my high charisma, but its very out of character. Besides, scaring people is typically the dwarf barbarian's job.
>>
>>52315404
I know, I was only gonna say David Bowie was very consistent throughout his life on what he believed and he was a pure fucking legend.
>>52315422
Never claimed I was any of those things, just making the observation that /pol/lacks are usually less rational sane and normal than most of us who browse 4chan, thats all. Oh and that David Bowie would be ashamed that too.
>>
How do I best express a moon druid that takes inspiration from phoenixes that retains usefulness?

Druid/Sor
Druid/UL Warlock?
>>
File: 1419821753520.jpg (221KB, 766x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1419821753520.jpg
221KB, 766x1024px
>>52315497
At least we're funny.
>>
>>52315529
Being a joke isn't the same as being funny.
>>
>>52315529
I guess comedy is in the eye of the beholder.
>>
>>52315444
Not the guy you responded to, but TWD? You talking The Walking Dead or something I missed?
>>52315529
Have this last (You) then go home, or stay but leave >>>/pol out of /tg/.
>>
File: 34534534.jpg (88KB, 736x749px) Image search: [Google]
34534534.jpg
88KB, 736x749px
>>52315554
>>52315557
>>52315577

get blown out FAGS
>you will never be an actual hero fighting against evil

SUCKS TO SUCK
>>
>>52315288
>>52315497
I never understood this from either side, using the tactic of "x would be ashamed of you saying that." So what's the point? I'm not that person, nor should I have to line up with their ideology 100% to make a statement that references or displays them.
>>
>>52315577
Thin White Duke, a persona used by David Bowie for a period (like Ziggy Stardust)

The duke was very much a fascist, which was naturally problematic as some people had difficulty separating the character from the artist.
>>
>>52315577
The Thin White Duke. A persona of David Bowie, like Ziggy Stardust or Alladin Sane.
>>
>>52315633
This is why you need to stop taking fantasies so seriously anon.

You're like Tom Hanks in Mazes and Monsters.
Now go jump off of a building.
>>
>>52315434
Medicine sounds fine.
>>
>>52315664
If it was just a reaction image, thats okay, but if it was meant to imply Bowie would agree with you, he wouldn't and thus he would be ashamed, he is dead and I have a lot of respect for the man.
>>52315697
Yeah, I realized that after I posted but I don't feel like deleting the post so, eh.
>>
>>52315715
Yep OK.
the world is gna need some interesting NPC's, I guess you'll be taking that role.
>>
File: Commies_win_in_the_end,_you_know.jpg (256KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Commies_win_in_the_end,_you_know.jpg
256KB, 1920x1200px
>>52315633
>you will never be an actual hero fighting against evil
Damn right. I would give my left kidney to fight to liberate the Motherland from fascist krauts.
And don't even get me STARTED on what I would do to fight side by side with Comrade Tito!
>>
File: 8923749829342.png (86KB, 480x307px) Image search: [Google]
8923749829342.png
86KB, 480x307px
>>52315787
>he hasn't figured out he's just a thrall yet
You might be able to break the conditioning but probably not. Your Mind Flayer leaders are pretty good at what they do and it takes a special character who can rise above it.
>>
>>52315815
He's a Russian Stalinist not a SJW false Communist.
>>
File: 195ni2mlgbdvdjpg.jpg (61KB, 636x368px) Image search: [Google]
195ni2mlgbdvdjpg.jpg
61KB, 636x368px
>>52315288
Typical Socialist scum.

Offended too easily, pretends to have superior morals, virtue signalling cuck.

The world got tired of you anon. We've moved on.
>>
>>52315815
>Sheep calling other sheep sheep.
Get the fuck out of my /5eg/ you autists.
>>
>>52315856
There are no communist communities in the english-speaking world which haven't been taken over by SJWs at this point.
>>
>>52315872
I'm sorry I started this with a harmless joke about oppression
>>
>>52315893
It's not your fault man.
>>
>>52315865
I wasn't offended, I was disappointed, very big difference.
>>
File: 1485063664673.jpg (3MB, 3000x4500px) Image search: [Google]
1485063664673.jpg
3MB, 3000x4500px
>>52315872
And here comes the Nihilist "Chaotic Neutral" character.
>>
>>52315893
We're on page 7 anyways, so it's not like we lost an entire thread to triggered /pol/fags.
>>
>>52315747
I get that, my main thing is why bother bringing it up? Is it supposed to modify someone's behavior or invalidate their claim?
>>
>>52315932
Don't we usually start the new one on page 6?
>>
File: 1344401956385.gif (330KB, 271x256px) Image search: [Google]
1344401956385.gif
330KB, 271x256px
>>52315913
YOU *clap emjoi* ARE *clap emjoi* NOT *clap emjoi* THE *clap emjoi* MORAL *clap emjoi* SUPERIOR *clap emjoi* OF *clap emjoi* ANYONE *clap emjoi* YOUR *clap emjoi* DISAPPOINTMENT *clap emjoi* MEANS *clap emjoi* NOTHING
>>
>>52315932
As someone who gets a fair few Keks from /Pol/'s antics, it's generally not a good idea to cross the boards
>>
>>52315938
Invalidate their claim and modify their behavior, hopefully.
>>52315943
No around page 9, or 10.
>>52315950
i never fucking claimed to be, so get the strawman shit out of here, and go the fuck back to >>>/pol/.
>>
>>52315943
IDK. I've never made one, but now certainly seems like it one is due.

>>52315950
Jesus Christ, how triggered can one faggot be? No one is claiming to be better than your autistic ass. Fuck off.
>>
File: 1420025161072.gif (2MB, 462x257px) Image search: [Google]
1420025161072.gif
2MB, 462x257px
>>52315787
>Openly supports an ideology that gulag'd 100 million people in the past century
>Calls others fascists
>>
>>52315950
Not slinging shit with everyone else makes him objectively superior.
>>
>>52315950
I don't have any opinion on the content of your reply, but can you not use tumblr memes? It's a little embarrassing to look at.
>>
>>52315975
>"Stalin ate all the grain and paid the clouds not to rain!"
Way to suck the corporate media's cock, comrade.
>>
Do you reuse adventures for different groups of players?
>>
>>52316007
Why wouldn't you? at least, the official ones anyway.
>>
>>52316007
Sure.
>>
File: 1454324938621.gif (1MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
1454324938621.gif
1MB, 294x233px
>>52316002
>grain

Ukrainian peasants would like to know why you support their genocide comrade.
>>
>>52316007
There's no reason not to. No one really recounts their settings to other players. I only ever hear about funny or cool stuff that my friends have done in their campaigns, not the campaigns themselves. Any curveballs the DM throws are pushed to the backburner of their memory if the PCs come up with neat reactions.
>>
>>52315974
I'll do it
>>
>>52316050
Because it didn't happen???
When some modern day third-world shithole is hit with a massive famine, you don't say "Oh look at this terrible genocide capitalism has committed". Same goes for what happened in Ukraine.
>>
File: 1337684969621.gif (2MB, 300x241px) Image search: [Google]
1337684969621.gif
2MB, 300x241px
>>52316102
>The Holodomor didn't happen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor
>>
>>52316102
Speak for yourself commie scum.
>>
What the fuck is happening to the 5eg threads? Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>52316140
Wikipedia. Real high level sources you've got there buddy.
>>
>>52316172
Dude /pol/ is always lurking, chill out, it's nothing new.
>>
>>52316172
We're on page 8, so everyone is shitposting.
>>
NEw thread

>>52316182
>>52316182
>>52316182
>>52316182
>>
>>52316179
I have a History Degree, we studied it and professors that specialize in it.

Comrades argue it was accidental. Comrades still idolise Stalin.
>>
So anyway, I've been wanting to use CR 1 spellcasters with imp familiars (to indicate devils are providing material support) as antagonists for low level PCs. When their master dies, they no longer count as familiars and are enraged and sting somebody.

On the other hand, even though a first level party should probably be able to handle two CR 1 encounters in a row, an imp basically unloads 15 points of damage on you with advantage from surprise in a way you can't do anything about, which admittedly sucks.

Part of why I like this idea is that CR 1 caster + imp duos can challenge fairly high level PCs, so I can use these guys as footsoldiers for one of the enemy factions, and its not really them appearing out of nowhere, just in scenarios where the PCs can't pick them off one at a time. On the other hand, they're still probably pretty annoying foes that do big damage bursts.

So is the idea workable or should I just save them for higher level?
>>
File: 9038450945064.jpg (13KB, 228x211px) Image search: [Google]
9038450945064.jpg
13KB, 228x211px
>>52316349
>>
>>52316416
you may want to ask in the new thread.
>>
>>52314457
>Big Black Evil Guy
anon plz
>>
>>52314747
?
>>
>>52316195
>>52316197
The autistic screeching is fucking annoying.
>>
>>52316698
And yet it's always been here, it may not always be apparent but it's always been here.
>>
>>52316732
Both.
>>
>>52311915
I personally went with Sleep, and will replace it with Color Spray at third level.
Don't underestimate how strong spells like that are at low levels. A well rolled sleep could take 4 goblins out of the fight, then your teammates crit-wipe them while praising you.

I plan on picking up shield as my third level spell spell, cause at that point you should have spell slots to spare for defences.
Also don't forget that you can quicken booming blade, but the secondary damage doesn't stack.
>>
File: Bard1.png (280KB, 434x700px) Image search: [Google]
Bard1.png
280KB, 434x700px
What are your favorite spells for a lore bard to borrow from other classes? Convince me lore bard is an excellent choice for an upcoming midlevel campaign.
>>
>>52317075
Shillelagh
Green-Flame Blade
Aura of Vitality
Counterspell
Elemental Weapon
Conjure Volley
>>
>>52317075
Swift Arrow, take it, shoot twice as a bonus action then use your standard to cast spells.
>>
>>52316743
Now is as good of a time as any for it to fuck right off.
>>
>>52316871
Am I reading Colourspray wrong? It seems really crap for what effectively is give one or two creatures disadvantage on attacks for a single turn.
>>
>>52317565
You also get advantage to attack them.

But Faerie Fire will generally be better.
>>
New player here, and I just have one simple question: When exactly does a character die? Can a character only die when they fail all 3 Death saving throws?
>>
>>52318438
I guess spray could be more reliable sinec they don't get to save you just need to hit damage, but it only lasts 1 turn.
>>
>>52318523
a) When you take damage exceeding your current + maximum hit points.
b) When you're at 0 hp and fail 3 death saving throws.
c) When you're victim of an effect that causes death, like being reduced to 0 hp by Disintegrate.
>>
>>52318523
Sometimes characters can be killed outright by other effects. The most common (especially at low level) is taking damage that would take you to Negative - Maximum HP. Some spells and things can cause instant death, as can falling off cliffs, being crushed by rocks, or other obviously deadly things. (some DMs will roll a lot of damage dice for this, others will just call it)
The other thing to remember is that monsters and enemies that attack a player at 0hp will cause a death saving throw failure if they beat the AC, or 2 failures if they critically hit (which they will automatically within 5ft), so watch out for monsters that want to kill /eat you rather than just defeat you.
>>
>>52318803
Correct. And at low levels, if you want a no-save disable you'll use Sleep.
Thread posts: 409
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.