[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 537
Thread images: 64

File: hard at work.jpg (2MB, 1800x1750px) Image search: [Google]
hard at work.jpg
2MB, 1800x1750px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Playtest Edition
Now with a fresh dose of playtests! Which are your favourites? Which are bland or in a need of work? It's ok if you don't care, not everybody is good with this!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might playtest:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/160bWvYewTwEXj9ZZv-jJ9-VrvGpYNHNcF8w6BMsdqgU/edit#

Sphere of Power playtest:
Creation Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
Dark Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
Life Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wTv7VGj2qzjGnReD1lLRwC8iNG_G6f-a6XzMQlTB1yM/edit?usp=sharing
Mind Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing

Gear of Power Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Handbook: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Tables: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread: >>52305852
>>
>>52310960
Christ what an OP

but it's not an anime smut image

i approve, anon
>>
>>52310960

Why does that cat have a star of David on it's hat?

Is it stirring poison into the well of Western society?
>>
I understand that 2hu is dysfuntional as fuck, but is anybody crunching the numbers as hard?
>>
>>52311025
No, not really.
>>
How does one beat Baba Yaga?
>>
>>52311038

You have to deactivate her Winter Extractors across the cosmos then beat her in a fair fight.
>>
>>52311038
Hit her really hard
>>
>>52310960
I like the Creation Handbook a lot, but I do think it still needs several layers of work before it's in a ready state.

Mind Handbook is pretty dry and doesn't add many new fun things to the sphere.

Avowed has hurt me with all its nerfs but really, taking a step back, I'm still feeling optimistic about the class as a whole.
>>
>>52311038
Collect the Dragon Balls to wish her weaker
>>
>>52311081
Kinda agree. What do think of dark and life?
>>
>>52311028
I mean shit, if you check the DDS forums it is post after post of 2hu saying this is broke, that is broke and so on and so forth. None of his comments really struck me as rude.
>>
>>52311099

Can I use Namekian balls?
>>
A more serious topic though.

Are WWW natives naked? Were they 'civilized', were they forced to wear underwears?
>>
Are mounted charger builds good?
>>
>>52311112
Do you mean the thread gitp?
>>
>>52311136
loincloths you mong
>>
>>52311112
2hu wasn't exactly rude, more like insisting, verbose and reopening closed comments. On the other hand, Ssalarn routinely closes comments without responding.
>>
>>52311138

They're very good, but wholly incompatible with 90% of campaigns due to the amount of space you need to pull them off.
>>
>>52311161
unless you play a halfling
>>
>>52311140
http://www.dropdeadstudios.com/forum/#/20170321/my-concerns-regarding-spheres-of-might-so-far-5401451/
>>
>>52311081
>Avowed has hurt me with all its nerfs but really, taking a step back, I'm still feeling optimistic about the class as a whole.
Same desu, though I'm still super salty about the reasoning for a bunch of the changes, even if they WERE justified, but there's still enough there that I'd be interested in playing, even if I'm holding out for more archetypes and subpacts. and hopefully give me a reason to be Cha instead of Con/Int
>>
>>52311110
I don't remember looking at dark, but Life is serviceable. I wish it could break a bit more out of its healing niche but there's only so much it can do there.

One thing it could fix is that it's still much harder to get long-term resurrection in spheres, even with advanced talents.
>CL10 to revive something that's been dead for more than one round (Not 1 round/CL, just /one round/). This gives 2 permanent negative levels.
>CL15 to remove permanent negative levels

Why.
>>
>>52311183
To encourage your weak ass shitter teammates to not die?
>>
>>52311183
Because bringing people back to life and healthy at that shouldn't be old fucking hat after a while, it should be a big goddamn deal, and incredibly hard to do.

Bringing people back to life being an optional set of magic talents and being difficult to manage even then is a plus in my book. If you want old raise dead back you can just make it a ritual.
>>
Should diseases be resistant to magic spells?
>>
>>52311153
That depends! Not all Native Americans wore clothings. In fact, children were usually left naked until puberty hit them, especially in the warmer weathers (Pocahontas scandalizing Jamestown by appearing naked at 10 is a well known example). Go down to South America, in non-mountainous regions, and the only type of clothings you find sometimes are implements desgined to keep the foreskin shut.

t. History major dropout
>>
>>52311227
History Major Dropout, go back to high school. Or uni. Or wherever the fuck you came from.
>>
>>52311270
I would but I figured I could get twice the salary by just working at the local mine.
>>
>>52311227
why are you shitting things up by obsessing over underwear
>>
>>52311227

I thought Pocahontas went a bit above and beyond what was just local culture around the settlers.
>>
>>52311183
The easier you make it to revive people, the more rocket tag the game eventually becomes
>>
>>52311227
>>52311314
But the movie said that the settlers didn't arrive in America until she was like 18. And she wore clothes the entire time. And GRandma Willow certainly would have told her to put some clothes on before going to go speak to John Smith.
>>
F/SN here again, made some changes

The game would be set during the 9th Holy Grail war occurring in 2021 in San Francisco.

I personally have run 6 other Holy Grail wars with the 1st and the 5th being backstory wars (I ran 2-4, added 5 as a backstory war, and ran 6-8). All the previous ones were for my in person group. Most often I would take Lancer as an NPC servant in order to facilitate a better Holy Grail War. Here is the previous list of servants.
>http://pastebin.com/riSZGjzE

Currently compiling the Fate/Last Path setting documentation is proving a bit difficult. I can hardly remember the 2nd and 3rd holy grail wars and am having to talk quite a bit with my meat space group to try and remember all the details. This is why I haven't provided the in progress doc yet.

Right now I am here to answer any questions about the game's canon. It helps me organize my thoughts.

Also for the game's building here is how a servant will be built:
>level 12
>30 pb
>mythic 5
>only PoW except for caster who gets Spheres Casting
>Noble Phantasms are designed with rules I provide, can be abilities or minor artifacts
>each class gets a set of extra skills in addition, like Magic Resistance, Presence Concealment, Battle Continuation, Mad Enhancement, etc. these will be in the document I'm compiling
>every player builds a level 5 Master
>you mostly control this Master except for a modified version of Hero points called Fate points, they do a few different things compared to Hero points
>you earn a Fate point every time I have your Master do something against what you want them to do or if you master sacrifices a Command Seal
>Fate points are spent to activate your Noble Phantasm, meaning if you master always listens to you then you may not have the points to activate it

I'm here to answer questions again. If you want to know shit about other character's noble phantasms as examples, previous winners, etc. go ahead and ask.
>>
>>52311341

The movie also said Hercules was the son of Zeus and Hera and both parents loved him.
>>
>>52311341
Tbhfam I fancy Pocahontas' bowlcut friend more than her.
>>
>>52311358
>Previous winners

anon...
>>
>>52311373
His version differs from the Nasuverse, in that it doesn't have a Gary Stu MC.
>>
>>52311373
Due to changes in the setting and the 3rd Holy Grail war never occurring the Grail's Corruption game later and in a different way.

The Grail's Corruption in Fate/Last Path occurred in 1983 during the 6th Holy Grail War in London when Adolf Hitler and Guy Fawkes tried to both manifest the Grail early and caused the creation of The Fractured Grail.

The two of them each received a portion of the Grail. This caused the Grail to each grant them a twisted version of their wish. In subsequent Holy Grail Wars the Grail's awakening now requires multiple pieces to be collected and forged before the full Grail could manifest. These lesser pieces essentially grant monkey paw's wishes.

The moment the Fractured Grail was created was when the two of them had managed to open a path to Shangri La, supposedly one of three stems which feed the Grail power along with The Garden of Eden and the Grove of Idunn. While there they awakened The Eight Dharmapalas, the mythological defenders of Tibetan Buddhism. One in particular, Mahākāla, the Great Black One took an interest in the struggle.
>>
>>52311136
Even a more seriouser question.

Is pregame crafting allowed?
>>
>>52311296
He probably has a mid-tier panty fetish.
>>
File: 41 - rWALvin.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
41 - rWALvin.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>52311440
>The moment the Fractured Grail was created was when the two of them had managed to open a path to Shangri La, supposedly one of three stems which feed the Grail power along with The Garden of Eden and the Grove of Idunn. While there they awakened The Eight Dharmapalas, the mythological defenders of Tibetan Buddhism. One in particular, Mahākāla, the Great Black One took an interest in the struggle.
What the fuck kind of stupid lore is this?
>>
>>52311497
Pls don't use my waifu's image in vain.
>>
>>52311497
I have no clue what Fate Stay Night even is, someone explain it to me.
>>
>>52311451
Depends on the DM.
>>
>>52311539

It's like Pokemon, only instead of Bulbasaur you get King Arthur.
>>
>>52311539
self insert fan fiction
>>
>>52311539
Some Jap's shitty fanfiction about hbis self insert banging a little girl version of King Arthur and winning everything everywhere forever.
>>
>>52311566
Sounds cool...

>>52311570
I've seen it before

>>52311572
We need to bomb japan a third time goddammit.
>>
How much would it reduce the cost of crafting a Cyclops helm if you have a preserved Cyclops head?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/cyclops-helm/
>>
>>52311539
To help clarify >>52311570 & >>52311572

This is what it started as, then it seems like this anon decided to take out King Arthur and the self insert and run everything from the beginning? He uses some of the same concepts but seems completely different.
>>
File: tasty.gif (3MB, 480x268px) Image search: [Google]
tasty.gif
3MB, 480x268px
>>52311588
To be fair, if King Arthur looked like this, you'd bang him too.
>>
>>52311597

If I was your DM, I'd say it should get reduced by 50%
>>
>>52311539
Every so often, nine mages get together, each summon a historic or legendary figure imbued with mythology based and oft conceptual superpowers, and they all fight in a strategic free for all until one's left standing. The winner gets to summon the Holy Grail and have a wish granted.
>>
>>52311627
Seven mages.
>>
File: Kinpatsu-kun right.jpg (49KB, 212x250px) Image search: [Google]
Kinpatsu-kun right.jpg
49KB, 212x250px
>>52311627
Until you get that one asshole who goes "Fuck Magic" and just shoots your plane down with a rocket launcher.
>>
File: kiritsugu02.jpg (170KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kiritsugu02.jpg
170KB, 1280x720px
>>52311663
but fuck magic tho
>>
File: Kinpatsu-kun's wish.jpg (61KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Kinpatsu-kun's wish.jpg
61KB, 1680x1050px
>>52311685
y u do dis?
>>
>>52311663
>Wizard sets up elaborate dungeon in his hotel
>Magical traps, bound spirits, the works
>Kerry's just like "Fuck this noise, I have C4"
>Blows up the tower.

Kerry thinks like a PC.
>>
>>52311663
>>52311685
>Every player runs not-Kiritsugu
>>
>>52311695
Poor Fastwheels. He never had a leg to stand on.
>>
>>52311695
How does he plant the c4 without interacting with the traps?
>>
>>52311730
Underneath the hotel, in areas not affected by the magic.
>>
Is there a way for a medium creature to wield a large-sized greatsword without enlarge person shenanigans? I want to do some stupid anime-esque plot where my character's father murdered a giant, and was famous for using its sword in battle.
>>
>>52311730
Only the two upper floors of the hotel were affected by traps, as he rented all of them for himself.
>>
>>52311695

>Goes for the dungeon bypass when possible
>Believes most of the world's problems can be solved with carefully applied murder
>Doesn't see much point to putting values over expedience in achieving one's goals
>When forced to make nice with his enemies, only does so in a way that makes them wish he hadn't

It checks out.
>>
>>52311750
Powerful Build if 3pp is allowed, Titan Fighter/Mauler if not.
>>
There's a tiefling trait for that. I'm sure other races have an equivalent.
>>
>>52311750
Check the Oversized enchantment in Faerie Ring if 3pp is allowed.
>>
>>52311750
Powerful Build. Half-giants and Dreige start with it, plus via the Mighty Frame feat from bloodforge (Half-orc, dwarves, and a few others can grab it directly as soon as they qualify, some others need to grab a trait as prereq). Also, one of the Tiefling variant abilities on the d100 table but no DM will let you pick.
>>52311784
Iirc one of these two didn't actually work tho RAW.
>>
File: Nosoi.jpg (113KB, 937x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Nosoi.jpg
113KB, 937x1000px
Have you ever used Psychopomps in your games?
What did they do? Which ones do you like?
I'm having a hard time finding actual information on their strongest, the Ushers.

Also, their enemies, the Sahkil, which I just found out existed.
>>
>>52311788
>>52311750
>>
File: Shadowrun.jpg (365KB, 700x3333px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun.jpg
365KB, 700x3333px
>>52311695
Here's the pic
>>
>>52310960
Avowed is dead to me after the last round of nerfs. They need to take a step back and rewrite the whole class so it can do fewer things, but better rather than more things, but worse.

SoM is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Lots of 2hu's points make sense to me and the fact that they're being shot down out of hand is worrisome. On the whole it's pretty bland and uninteresting.

SoP playtests I've stopped following given their recent tendency to be poorly written or left incomplete indefinitely.

Bloodforge isn't really my bag, so I don't have anything to say one way or the other.

These are grim times we're living in, indeed.
>>
>>52311622
Carnival phantasm is a miracle of the universe
>>
>>52311808
And the enemy wizard can't fly?
>>
>>52311848
Hard to fly when you're inside a building, bub. A building that's now falling apart.
>>
>>52311814
What do you mean by 'fewer things, but better'? What are you finding the Avowed struggles with at the moment?
>>
>>52311695
>>52311772
>>52311808
You ever get the feeling that, if Kiri ever got dumped into the Shadowrun world, that Big D would immediately make him his favorite Runner/Operative?

Because I can just imagine Dunkelzahn pointing at Kiri during a fancy dinner party going "Dis nigga right here!"
>>
>>52311814
"We don't want Cha SAD" feels like a copout answer tbqh, especially after "we're not balancing for bloodforge"
>>
>>52311870
>>52311848
Well that doesn't even kill Kayneth. It just makes us realize that Kayneth is a dope compared to Kiritsugu.
>>
>>52311814
>Avowed is dead to me after the last round of nerfs.
I hear this. I was really hoping Forrest would be able to pull it out of its current tailspin, but it was pretty disheartening to have her come in here the other day in full support of their nonsensical Con-to-Knowledge feat.
>>
>>52311910
>Con-to-knowledge

Like, I get the fluff complaint, but are people seriously going to complain about the mechanics of it? At worst it's nonsensical but functional.
>>
>>52311910
Can someone explain to me why that's a thing again if they're trying to cut out SAD?
>>
>>52311887
Focus the class. Right now the Avowed is trying to fill every roll and it isn't doing very many of them well. You need to decide where you want to focus the class and make it excel at that.
>>
>>52311937
Nobody is ever actually Con SAD.
>>
>>52311932
>At worst it's nonsensical but functional.
Because this is a role-playing game a "nonsensical bs fluff" is still a mark against something.
>>
>>52311910
How is this more nonsensical than Charisma to Knowledge which is already a 1pp thing?
>>
>>52311943
>tfw I know someone complaining that the Avowed isn't enough of a generalist to capture the charm of the 3.5 warlock
>>
>>52311949
>>52311910
"In addition, ancestral secrets of history and magic echo through your very blood, and psychic attunement allows you to access this shared knowledgebase. This is a supernatural ability."

How's that
>>
>>52312042
Sounds like Charisma rather than Con, anon.
>>
>>52312081
Charisma is force of will, not body.
>>
>>52312081
How so when it is explicitly tied to your body and blood?
>>
>>52312081
Why, because the class with bloodline abilities is Cha based?
>>
File: DoTA YOU WHAT.png (123KB, 328x328px) Image search: [Google]
DoTA YOU WHAT.png
123KB, 328x328px
>>52312081
>your body
>charisma

Charisma is force of personality first, appearance second.
>>
>>52312087
>>52312094
But In thought charisma was appearance and how big your tits/ass/dick was! /pfg/ said so!
>>
>>52311943
Which roles are you finding the Avowed struggles with? We don't have any intention of reducing the Avowed's scope, but we intend to continue working on the class until it excels in its chosen role.

>>52311937
The intention is that, with feats, you can become two-stat dependent (Str/Dex and Cha/Con) if you're focusing on weaponlike shapes, or one-stat if you're focusing on the lower-damage area shapes.
>>
>>52312087
>>52312094
Innate powers not granted through discipline always scale off Charisma though, especially if they manifest through your blood.
>>
>>52312115
>two stat dependant
>a subpact forces three-stat dependency at BARE MINIMUM

k
the Con feats are still my favorite things, even if I liked the old Con-to-attack/damage better.
>>
>>52312094
I have to agree with >>52312081 that sounds like you're quoting the bit about a sorcerer's bloodline. In the parliance of the PFRPG that's a Cha justification, not a Con one.
>>
>>52312123
>always
>what is Sage bloodline
>what is Empyreal bloodline
>what is kineticist
>what is spirtualist
>>
>>52311814
Why is Sphere of Magic having a playtest, anyway? Haven't Spheres been out for a while now? Or is this some expansion or something?
>>
>It took the Normie to point out that not all Nightwalkers are good
That's pretty surprising actually.
>>
>>52312156
New spheres
>>
>>52312156
They're making a handbook for each sphere. There is 8 out so far, and 4 more in playtest. Most of the writers are new to the industry, hence the quality issues.
>>
>>52312156
Spheres of Might

It's not Spheres of Magic, it's Spheres of POWER.
>>
>>52312158
I'm pretty sure everyone else just thought it was obvious enough to not need mentioning. What with there being an insane Nightwalker NPC, a few Nightwalker characters of questionable attitude, and the LE possessive blood fetish Anti-Paladin.
>>
>>52312136
Yeah, that was a deliberate aversion on our part due to Charisma/Constitution being so high priority that we couldn't make their AC bonus scale on it. Monk's bonus to AC isn't quite so strong because Wisdom isn't something they can afford to prioritize - in order to make sure that the Avowed doesn't end up with their overwhelmingly best stat to everything while still trying to keep the unarmored ascetic aesthetic of the original Self pact, Body pact needed to make them more MAD.

Mind, we also intend for three-stat MAD builds for all pacts to be at least somewhat viable (albeit Str/Dex, Cha, and Con rather than both Str and Dex) - and like those builds, the Body pact is up two feats on SAD builds.
>>
>>52312145
>Spiritualist

Isn't the fluff of Spiritualist that there's a ghost who got lost on the way to the afterlife, and he's anchored himself to you in order to be take care of some unfinished business? The CHA-based archetype is basically a Stand, right?
>>
>>52312158
I don't wanna play a villain in these games. To me the '80s craze about DnD being for demon worshippers never made sense, because you were playing the Paladins slaying Evil, and it was clear that demons, vampires and all that shit were bad guys!
>>
>>52312241
Well there are different flavors of it, yeah. And the CHA archetype, Fractured Soul, is through some sort of trauma or psychological issues part of yourself becomes the "ghost".
>>
>>52312241
>>52312145
Spiritualist is externally powered yeah. They point out that kinetic powers aren't associated with blood either, so I'm not sure either occult example holds up.

Alternative stat bloodlines are arguably the exception that proves the rule. The fact that they're "alternative" and not standard.
>>
>>52312262
PCs are still expected to be heroes

They just have to kill some people with the same powers as them.
>>
How's the Roil Dancer archetype?
>>
>>52311792
Also the Heavy Arms Hero vigilante talent from Legendary Villains - Vigilantes by Jolly.
>>
>>52311792
Why does everyone forget about Oggrs?
>>
>>52312331

Oggrs are rubbish.
>>
File: 9 lives.jpg (68KB, 786x480px) Image search: [Google]
9 lives.jpg
68KB, 786x480px
>>52312293
I thought Nightwalkers not all being good, that some of them abused their powers was a given desu. Kinda like how if I roll a human, I'm not necessarily gonna point out there was a human being a dick in my backstory to say that I understand so.

>>52312319
?
>>
>>52312270
>exception that proves the rule
It's not how this works.

Anyway, people still didn't answer. Why is Con to Knowledge not okay while people have nothing against Cha to knowledge? What has your magnetism/appearance/forceful personality to do with knowing things?
>>
>>52312338
Compared to what? They're basically half giants with +Con instead of +Wis.
>>
>>52312217
The option to swap Str for something would be nice, at least. Make it an off-stat or something? Whichever one doesn't dictate your other class features?
>>
>>52312353
Because Con is already useful enough as it is, and the next logical step of the slippery slope is Dex to Knowledge.
>>
>>52312355

They're still rubbish by virtue of being trash.
>>
>>52312353
>What has your magnetism/appearance/forceful personality
Inherent intuition?

I talked to people who know their shit, so I can know my shit.

I bullshitted some stuff and just happened to be right?

It makes more sense than "my HEALTH AND VIGOR SOMEHOW INFORMS ME OF HOW THE PLANES WORK"
>>
>>52311750
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/e-g/gauntlets-irongrip/

There are these.
>>
>>52312379
Why though. They seem like a very solid race.
>>
File: pancake ray.gif (38KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
pancake ray.gif
38KB, 500x365px
>>52311910
>its current tailspin

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by that? The avowed received nerfs, yes, and is still being tuned to become a class and subsystem we're comfortable with publishing. I don't see the tailspin you're referring to--each change has been measured and made with the goal in mind of making the class better for the game and its players.

>>52311937
We removed Con to attack and damage, but kept in a pair of feats that allow you to swap your /casting/ stat on the avowed from Cha to Con (and, yes, get Constitution to several knowledges, representing a powerful ancestral knowledge stemming from your body and blood).

>>52311814
>>52311943
Our design goal with the avowed was to make a class that specializes in one of many different possible roles, generally (but not always) matching the playstyle supported by a particular pact. The avowed as a class has many /options/, much like a spellcaster, but I wouldn't say that any particular avowed should be stretched too thinly, as far as the current setup goes.

In effect, one might think of the avowed as several different possible "classes" (much like a few PF classes). It's just that, unlike many Pathfinder classes, it differentiates itself into subpaths using its pact choice, rather than archetypes. I can see why that might be offputting, but the goal wasn't to make it feel unfocused. I'm sorry it seems that way, and I'd definitely be interested in discussing this. I'll echo what Taveena asked here; >>52312115 are there any particular roles you feel the avowed is bad at in a way that makes it unfun to play?

(1/2)
>>
>>52312400

Same reason Hobgoblins seem like a very solid race.

Because they're rubbish.
>>
File: potoo pallas cat.jpg (77KB, 647x720px) Image search: [Google]
potoo pallas cat.jpg
77KB, 647x720px
(2/2)

>>52312417
Thus far, part of the problem we've run into is that the avowed has been too /good/ at any given role, far beyond what it ought to have gotten for specializing in it. We've made many changes, some large, some small, to get the avowed towards a point where it can fill any particular role (or maybe 2 roles, if you try) well in a party, but will be around the same power level as any other balanced class, like the inquisitor, occultist, psychic warrior, or similar, when they're picked.

>>52312136
Well, it is a subpact for a reason. It's not a default choice; it's there for someone who wants that particular sort of ability spread, to support them in that choice and make it worth their while.

>>52312357
The reason it's Strength/Dex/Con-or-Cha was a conscious choice, because Strength is already an underused stat in Pathfinder, and we wanted to make the Body Pact a worthwhile choice for people who want to up multiple physical stats. Its goal isn't to simply make Strength even more irrelevant. "f you want to be Cha/Dex/Con MAD, meanwhile, then a default Avowed with Weapon Finesse should be fairly capable.
>>
>>52312423
Why are they rubbish/trash/whatever? Because it's not yokai kitsune cat ears bullshit?
>>
>>52312380
It's "THIS KNOWLEDGE COURSES THROUGH MY VEINS AND IS INSCRIBED ON MY BONES, EONS OF ANCESTRAL EXPERIENCE BURIED DEEP WITHIN". Not more bullshit than "eh, I just guessed".
>>
>>52312451
Yes, it is a lot more bullshit.
>>
>>52312472
Why is Charisma allowed to have very vague and wide definition while Constitution is only allowed to be how healthy you are? The moment you take this feat it stops being just that and also measures your connection to the genetic memory/ancestral knowledge of whatever thing you are connected to.
>>
>>52312433

Because Oggr are ugly muppets who fuck their mum.
>>
>>52312522
>Why is Charisma allowed to have very vague and wide definition while Constitution is only allowed to be how healthy you are?
Because that's how stats work. Especially the mental ones.
>>
>>52312542
But it's alright for shooting magic laserbeams, both in 1pp and 3pp?
>>
File: Confused.png (65KB, 506x500px) Image search: [Google]
Confused.png
65KB, 506x500px
>>52312429
>b-b-but str is underutilized!

So make something that's actually dedicated to Str instead of dancing on the bones of something? People have been dying for a Brutal Slayer knockoff since Muscle Memory was a thing, take cues from that instead of saying "no you HAVE to be this if you want to be unarmored" and squeezing down on potential build paths.

I like what you have but still don't get why people go into conniptions the second a Stat-to-AC thing comes up. AC isn't even that GOOD.
>>
>>52312524
That's Ogres, not Oggrs.
>>
>>52312417
I feel a lot of people are still downed by the loss of SAD options, Aether Channel full BAB, and d8 pulse dice.

Especially in the case of d8 pulse dice, public perception is that this was done mainly to reign in the damage ceiling of the class when it wasn't a problem in mid-op, and now many people's mid-op builds have suffered and need more optimization to keep up.

I would be interested in what new opinions who hadn't seen the Avowed back in its d8 days would say about the current class.
>>
>>52312542
So you are not allowed to try to make it wider (for a cost of being a specific class and paying a feat) because "that's how it works"?
>>
>>52312564

How are Oggrs any different, their name is even more inbred Ogre.
>>
>>52312562
It pisses me off how they lock off full STR to AC to a single archetype and level 6, but let people go full fucking Dex monkey from level 1 if they want.
>>
>>52312600
Ogres are Orcs or Humans that have Ogre ancestry.
>>
>>52312542

Constitution already allows you to shoot fireballs and manipulate the fabric of reality. On a shitty class but it still allows it.
>>
File: lonely____by_shadeykris-d5wq88e.jpg (129KB, 650x460px) Image search: [Google]
lonely____by_shadeykris-d5wq88e.jpg
129KB, 650x460px
It greatly saddens me that people still play this awful awful game. Why not move onto a better system like 5E?
>>
>>52312650
I genuinely like the setting of Golarion.
>>
>>52312619
I can only assume "BUT PEOPLE WILL DIP" and "Str can easily be pumped SUPER HIGH" are problems, but it'd be nice if more than a SINGLE ARCHETYPE FOR A SINGLE CLASS got it.
>>
>>52312640
And it has it's own explanation for that. the kineticist is wrecking their body to do these things and they don't get con based spellcraft because of it.
>>
>>52312650
Because 5e is boring as fuck with no meaningful character customization or interesting builds.

Plus I enjoy watching you suffer.
>>
>>52312664
They're not really wrecking their body unless they actively try to.

And it doesn't explain why their Con allows them to do it. After all, body-based power is Cha, right?
>>
>>52312650
I hate the lack of options for 5E. I hate advantage. I hate not having crunch. I hate that OSR feel.
>>
File: 1489349968751.jpg (232KB, 1024x1395px) Image search: [Google]
1489349968751.jpg
232KB, 1024x1395px
>>52312650
Because even if you take out all the shitty trap options in pathfinder, you still have more fun and interesting options than the entirety of 5e has or probably ever will.
>>
>>52312672
Like PF is actually interesting? It's just more Mary Sues running around shitting lightning.
>>
How was HV? Did they actually play this time around or was it another bamboozle?
Was it any good?
>>
>>52312650
My group likes this game and I'm having fun, so why move?
>>
>>52312650
>bounded accuracy means you basically hit peak power at level 7-8
>rocket tag is still a thing
>multiclassing sucks
>feats are borked
>customization is extremely limited
>-5/+10 bullshit
>>
>>52312650
Because the only thing worse than someone who unironically likes pathfinder are the 5efags who bitch and moan about the people who unironically like pathfinder and turn the pffags off from their system even more.
>>
>>52312681
Spell Casting ability is generally associated with the soul. A sorcerer doesn't suddenly lose bloodline shit when they use magic jar for example
>>
>>52312429
Rather than switching stats, perhaps it would be more prudent to just copy Paizo and make it a scaling bonus based on class level, with the scaljng adjusted to be slightly more front-loaded than Bardic Knowledge.

After all, stat to Y is ultimately just numbers, and a scaling bonus would still represent the concept well without needing esoteric justification on why drinking milk every day in an isolated cell makes an avowed more knowledgable than a scrawny avowed of the same power level.
>>
File: 1446164578880.png (506KB, 885x1277px) Image search: [Google]
1446164578880.png
506KB, 885x1277px
>>52312691
Well that's just a matter of taste.
>>
>>52312713
Then they'd get people complaining that IT'S TOO MANY SKILL FOCUSES
>>
>>52312713
Stat to Y feels more fun.
>>
>>52312692

Shizuka and Lyra had trouble fitting into a tight spot because their boobs are huge.
>>
>>52312713

The issue there is that it's supposed to be a 'Change your main stat' feat. That doesn't make it change stats.
>>
>>52312692
We did play. There was a greentext post about it some threads ago.
>>
>>52312726
Well that taste is objectively bad.
>>
>>52312562
I've always been tempted to grant all the full-BaB classes stuff like the Monk's AC Bonus and the Paladin's Divine Grace.

For example, you could probably straight up just give the Barbarian the Brutal Slayer's STR-stuff for free. The Fighter could stand to benefit from either choosing CON or STR (but not DEX) to get Initiative, AC, and Reflex saves to. Kineticist would do the same with Constitution (and mental-stat archetypes that swap Constitution for Wisdom or something else). Slayers, Bloodragers, Rangers, Swashbucklers, etc., they all need some more love- if I ever do a balance pass of the full-BaB martials, it would be to give them all, in order:

>more interesting options
>stuff like grit pools and ki pools
>much more SADness

It might never come around, but it's still something I'll tinker with in a home game.
>>
>>52312761
Not really.

Now fuck off, WotC doesn't need you to shill for them.
>>
>>52312650

>>52312699
>>
>>52312761
>taste
>objective

Pick one and only one. As a matter of emotional opinion, "taste" is /inherently/ subjective.
>>
>>52312763
>I've always been tempted to grant all the full-BaB classes stuff like the Monk's AC Bonus and the Paladin's Divine Grace.
That's dumb, don't do that.
>>
>>52312650
No fetish games.
>>
File: 1434170439071.png (59KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1434170439071.png
59KB, 500x500px
>>52312650
>>
File: flex_mentallo1of4_-_05.jpg (403KB, 628x1000px) Image search: [Google]
flex_mentallo1of4_-_05.jpg
403KB, 628x1000px
Here. This is how it clearly works.
>>
>>52312785
Ah, right I forgot this place was "pretty fucking garbage"

>>52312777
different picture titles, different posters.
>>
>>52312802
No shit different image titles, you can't post duplicate images.
>>
>>52312800
I want a hero halo...
>>
>>52312813
See, couldn't have been me then. I'm too busy ragging on you all for playing a bad game.
>>
>>52312746
I know that the designers want it to be, but the question is - why the fascination with this when static bonuses are perfectly servicable in the system?
>>
>>52312813
It's actually on a per-thread basis now. You can post dupes in different threads.
>>
So, /pfg/. Mythic. What's the problem with it? How would I fix it?
>>
>>52312802
>expecting people not to indulge their fetishes
>on 4chan

I envy your innocence, you sweet summer child. Flee. Flee before what's left of your soul is chained here.
>>
>>52312783
I said I was tempted to, not that I was going to do it. It's a thought I'll entertain only for non-gestalt games, because for actual gestalt games, the power ceiling would get REALLY screw-y. I'll file it away in the "things I'll get around to doing never"
>>
File: 1471032963198.gif (813KB, 303x303px) Image search: [Google]
1471032963198.gif
813KB, 303x303px
>>52312777
Thanks, cross-thread Jesus.
>>
>>52312829

Becuase that serves a different purpose. A static bonus makes people already good at something better. Changing stat to X makes people who would otherwise not be good at it better without making people already good at it even moreso.
>>
>>52312833

I love Mythic though.
>>
>>52312827
Good? Bad? They're all pointless.

Aren't we all just here trying to deny that? Trying to pretend like anything, from the smallest of these games to the greatest of monuments, means anything?

Isn't that why everyone is diving into these ERPs? To try and forget?
>>
File: vROxtoI.jpg (237KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vROxtoI.jpg
237KB, 1080x1080px
>>52312876
No, you're all diving into ERPs because you're filthy degenerates that must be purged.
>>
>>52312876
I just assumed that's because you fuckers are some filthy fucking degens.
>>
>>52312763
Full Divine Grace is stupid, but letting people have the option to get cool Str shit, or easily get Cha-to-Will, or get mental-to-AC a-la monk, would be NICE TO HAVE.

I feel like this entire train of thought always falls off the rails at some point..
>>
>>52312863
We are still talking about the avowed, right? The avowed doesn't really use INT, so they shouldn't already be better at knowledge. A scaling static bonus would work perfectly in this case.

Increasing SAD creates many more problems than this.
>>
>>52312833
Half cool fluff of being a living legend, half unbalanced trash full of trap options.

Legendary Games has many books on Mythic. Worth looking at at least.

First suggestion would be to make sure that there's no easy swift casting at tier 1. Wild Arcana is the most powerful thing in the whole book, and any arcane caster gets it at Tier 1. At least change it to a standard action, as suggested by the FAQ, but I would remove the part where any wizard can call upon their entire spell list practically at will, too.
>>
File: uncomfortably cold.gif (878KB, 500x209px) Image search: [Google]
uncomfortably cold.gif
878KB, 500x209px
>>52312892
>>52312904
Then you don't see what I see.

You see demonic rites and obscene rituals - I see night after night of drunken debauchery, a haze of fluids, both ingested and excreted, all for the sole sake of fogging the mind and keeping the cold dark night away for just a few seconds more, before at last death claims the revelers and drags them into the untold spaces between the stars, never to be seen again.

And they will fail. The peace they seek cannot be found. Not in drink, and not in one another.
>>
>>52312734
>>52312748
Was it good though?
>>
>>52312912
I remember there was an Unchained Swashbuckler document floating around here somewhere. The gist of Charmed Life was that it was a selectable "Add your Charisma modifier to this thing" and it ranged from Saves, to CMB/CMD, to I think Hitpoints too, and you could either choose to upgrade into full Divine Grace or going CHA/DEX SAD on everything.

My plan was to do something similar to that, but I'm not gonna tinker with it too heavily.
>>
>>52311358
>>52311440
I don't really know much about F/SN. How close is this to the canon stuff? Could I just watch the show and get most of it?
>>
>>52313001
Play the game, Realta Nua version. After that play Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, then you can read Fate/kaleid liner prisma illya
>>
>>52312936
It's not SAD though, it's Con + Str (or Dex with Weapon Finesse), or Cha + those.
>>
Since PLD is closing soon howlong until another monster rape ERP game opens up?
>>
>>52313001
I wouldn't recommend watching the show, without context UBW loses a bit of punch. DEFINITELY don't watch the DEEN show.
>>
>>52312936

The point of the feat is to 'Give Con-avowed some skills they are good at' as con has literally zero skills.

If you make it a static bonus, Cha avowed (Already good at skills) will just get better.
>>
>>52313025
Hopefully never.
>>
>>52313012
>>52313027
Wait so is anon's stuff close enough that if I play the Realta Nua stuff shit will make sense enough to play?
>>
>>52313025
But selections aren't until the 1st
>>
File: 462873-smith5.jpg (43KB, 1024x532px) Image search: [Google]
462873-smith5.jpg
43KB, 1024x532px
>tfw you finally figure out what the other half og your Gestalt is
>tfw it allows you to further build on the character's story
feelsgoodman.png
>>
>>52313050
Yeah, sure.
>>
>>52313050
Stop being autistic you piece of shit.

Anon's is a custom setting. It has little to nothing to do with actual Fate Stay/Night stuff.

You're basically asking if you need to have played Wasteland first in order to enjoy Fallout.

They're two entirely different things.

So just stop. Stop posting. Go to your bathroom. Fill the tub with water, and go sit there and relax and I dunno, put some bath salts in something. Come back in an hour. Now go. I don't make suggestions.
>>
>>52313082

I love it when this happens.
>>
File: 1471063636380.jpg (65KB, 680x558px) Image search: [Google]
1471063636380.jpg
65KB, 680x558px
>>52313083
>>52313087
Man I'm just trying to figure out if I need to read a setting book or I can watch a show.
>>
>>52313158
The anon is writing a setting book. THAT'S what you'll read. What
He
Writes
Why
Are
You
Not
Naked
And
In
Your
Bathrub?!
>>
>>52313158
The anime's not as good as the VN but you can get by watching it.
>>
>>52312964
I thought it was, though I was extremely exhausted at the time and thus a bit slow with the RP. We messed around with a contract-bound oni and talked about Cheliax Vult and filthy Iomedae believers.
>>
>>52313142
Yup, Get to add a Spiritualist to my Sentinal, and fluff it as my character's dead brother who's desire to make amends and protect his long lost sister allow him to become her guardian spirit!

I'm so happy, I just now have to see if there's a good archetype for it other than vanilla spiritualist
>>
>>52313201
This sounds really cute
>>
>>52313201

That sounds really fun!
>>
>>52312945
Except that wild arcana is now a standard?
>>
>that new Planetary Launch Device app

The poor dear has no idea. I'm fully erect just thinking about it.

Is Paladin of the Holy Light even worth a damn?
>>
>>52313292
I hope it will be

>>52313287
I dunno about cute. She is a 6ft tall Mwangi woman from Sargava, and she's not exactly the kind to have a moe attitude.
>>
>>52313379
No.
>>
>>52313379
Nah, she does ;3
>>
>>52313387

Is she the rule 63 Yasuke?
>>
>>52313403
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>52313403
>>52313379
Vult said he already vetted her on f-list. She's a guaranteed slot. Doesn't even need to fill out an character sheet.
>>
>>52313387

>Implying tall, buff Mwangi girls can't be cute
>>
>>52313435
I heard Vult say that the party was already locked in as an all male bamboozle who turn into girls by pissing in each other's mouths.

It's all in the discord man, you can check for yourself
>>
Question!

I'm considering running a game in the near future.

What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of the following?

Completely open gestalt

T1/2 classes banned, gestalt

T1 classes allowed, T2/3 classes gestalt with an NPC class, t4/5 classes get a full gestalt with another t4/5 class

non-gestalt, free VMC
>>
>>52313407
Yes
Her spirit is her older brother, who always felt guilt about how their family sold her into slavery. When he got older he tried to find her and save her, but he ended up getting killed by pirates in the Shackles. However his will to redeem himself and to save and protect his younger sister was so strong, that his spirit was pulled back to the Material Plane, and he was able to find and bind to his sister, so he can always watch over her and protect her like the brother he never had the chance to be for her.

>>52313446
Careful there, her spirit may break your fingers if you get too close
>>
>>52313462
I saw that too. The new app is also playing a male. Just one that looks female. That's why it's a guaranteed slot. The first and so far only trap.
>>
>>52313435
Aw, but then all the memeworthy mainstays won't get in
>>
>>52313435
>>52313462

Vult Defense Force in full swing, I see.

You're those two sycophants that constantly rush to both his and 2hu's defense every time anyone snickers, right?
>>
>>52313472
>T1/2 classes banned, gestalt
Just fucking ban the spells/classes you find problematic instead of the entire fucking class.
>>
>>52313462
Link to discord?
>>
>>52313484
Why hasn't anyone put a trap forward yet? Probably an instant in.
>>
>>52313508
lurk more
>>
>>52313472
>non-gestalt, free VMC
I hate this shit so much. Either the VMC is useless for me or comes with flavor of a class I actively despise.

I would rather have non gestalt period than free VMC.
>>
>freaky Asian femboy Synthesist Monstrosity

I'm strangely aroused. Truly Vult has given us the gift that keeps on giving.
>>
>>52313511
Cause you haven't applied yet.
>>
>>52313480

I don't care! I will smooch her even if her brother disapproves! She's a sweetie and needs to feel like a woman, even for an afternoon!
>>
>>52313472
Do not gestalt unless you have 2 or less people. The game will fall apart quickly otherwise.

Fullcasters don't matter that much unless you have someone trying to go silver bullet wizard, especially when 3pp starts on the field. Even then, that's not going to matter till mid levels.

Gestalt > Non-gestalt, so I don't ever see people not choosing gestalt options.

Non-gestalt, Free VMC is probably the best idea here, although you could just go 'Non-gestalt' and be fine.
>>
>>52313514
Is it an public discord or something?
>>
>>52313472
Why not
just
T3/4 only
no gestalt
or VMC?
Why.
>>
>>52313472
>T1 classes allowed, T2/3 classes gestalt with an NPC class, t4/5 classes get a full gestalt with another t4/5 class
This is retarded, god damn
>>
>>52313543

You don't wanna go there.

It's just the same clique of NEETs/college students talking about their ERP games and sharing logs about getting cocksleeved and then acting semi-ashamed.
>>
>>52312417
I liked avowed when it was closer to an improved warlock. If you measured it up against a blaster, a god wizard, or a magically empowered melee monkey, it didn't measure up. But it could do all these things without much effort to build focus.

Then avowed came along, and focused it a little more with the pacts, but also made it pretty decent at things, and still a decent option for characters with shit stats.

Now it's becoming less powerful due to theory-crafting and optimisation, and it makes me sad that I could update the 3.5 warlock, with a proper D8 HD, and have a better generalist.
>>
Does anyone know where I can grab a character sheet for PoW characters like Dyslexic Studeos character sheets? Something other than the generic 2 page Paizo character sheet.
>>
>>52313569
I'd still like to see if the stuff said in the thread is accurate.
>>
>>52313617
It's not. They're bamboozling you.
>>
>>52313617
I dug through archives for the link a few days ago and confirmed for myself that it ain't. I'd link you so you can do it for yourself but I'm on my phone. Try starting from 4plebs or something, think it's the OP with the astronomer.
>>
>>52313617
>>52313637

Every time a legit complaint is made, Vult and his sycophants(all of which are applicants into his game and are virtual shoo-ins into his game), make a bunch of outrageous claims to distract attention and flood the stuff he actually said way back into the logs.

They then come here and post a bunch of falseflag extra-obvious fake complaints to try and delegitimize shit.
>>
>>52313644
Thanks, I'll check there.
>>
>>52313668
Looking for a link to the Discord group?

https://discord.gg/RXmTKzC

here you go
>>
>>52310989
Underrated.
>>
>>52313665
oh yeah, that bit about corruption being impossible to get rid of and just a count down to when you turn into an NPC cocksleeve was a real problem

That totally wasn't blatantly made up at all.
>>
>>52313685
Found it already, but thank you.
>>
>>52313717
No problem, just happy to help
>>
>>52313585
I mean... We haven't TAKEN OUT any of the things that made it a generalist. Sure, your pact is going to make you better at one thing... (or all things, in the case of the deliberately generalist Dragon pact) but you should still have all the same options you did before.

We've ported everything we can from the 3.5e Warlock - what can it do that the Avowed can't? Our design goal was to ensure that you could do anything with the Avowed you could with the Warlock.
>>
Why are we here, just to suffer?

When is Puella closing? It needs to END
>>
>>52313864
Let's plan the next fun /pfg/ game that can open up after it closes.

I vote for a dark, low fantasy setting. What kinds of threats should there be?
>>
>>52313864
Why would you bring it up again.
>>
>>52313864
Day after tomorrow Apps close at midnight.

Then 8 days after that is when Vult makes his selection for Plump Lazy Democrats.
>>
>>52313872
Giant Enemy Crabs.
>>
>>52313872
Low fantasy is dumm. I want a grim setting with purehearted heroes are fighting back against the encroaching tide of darkness. And no monsters will be raping anyone.
>>
Hey anons, RotJR is popular- primarily because it's mixing up Rise of the Runelords and Jade Regent.

What other APs could one mix up this way? I asked this question earlier and one response was Hell's Rebels into Serpent's Skull- but I want to hear your thoughts on which ones would mix really well (apart from the peanut-butter-and-jelly that is ROTJR)
>>
>>52313864
There are plenty of non-PLD games open to apps right the fuck now, you don't have to wait.
>>
>>52313921
There's probably something you could do with Carrion Crown and Strange Aeons. Nothing good, but something I'm sure.
>>
>>52313921
We Be Goblins into Hell's Vengeance.
>>
>>52313872
Roving sentient magic weapons that fly around and cut people. Large numbers of them sometimes gather into a whirling mass of steel and death. This phenomenon is referred to as...

SWORDNADO!

This summer. It's raining blades.
>>
>>52312303
It's Path of War, so overpowered shit.
>>
>>52313938
None of them are really that appealing to be honest.
>>
File: Order of The Pike.jpg (15KB, 250x391px) Image search: [Google]
Order of The Pike.jpg
15KB, 250x391px
So last night, I discovered the Hell Knight. Amazing fluff, and a focus on Laful and Chaotic that is rarely touched upon. I even found the order I would be most interested in playing:The Order of the Pike. The problem is, there are literally NO sources on how to play them in game. They have no disciplines and no guide to their ideals other than: They hunt monsters. Does anyone have anything that I could use to make a playable Pike Hell Knight?
>>
>>52313946
>le overPoWered meme
Could you come up with some new material?
>>
>>52313921
Does anything mix with Reign of Winter?
>>
>>52313962
How is it balanced, then?
>>
>>52313950
>B'aww, I can't get raped in those other games!
>>
>>52313946
>tfw you like the overpowered-ness of PoW, and the variety it brings.
>tfw I wish 1pp were gone
DELETE MNK 1PP

Man does ffxiv mnk need reworks.
>>
>>52313964
considering that the beginning literally teleports you from a literally who town to iceland

i think it can go from any ap as a starting zone theoretically
>>
>>52313998
Hells Rebels into Reign of Winter, then?
>>
>>52313836
Craft magic items without needing a special archetype, for one. I'd like to say more, but between being out and about right now, (No autocorrect, not the materials to look over my various little nitpicks) and recognising I have a bit of a bias, I should probably just shut up before I make an idiot of myself.

Yes, everything that was the 3.5 warlock is in the avowed, and much more, absolutely. But the 3.5 lock already needed a little power boost, and I feel like not only the toys, but some of the generalist approach was segmented into different pact options that make it harder to do everything.

Don't get me wrong. I still like avowed.

Just not as much since it feels somewhat more segregated and focus friendly than the original warlock, and is definitely a step down from the playtests that got me on board.
>>
>>52313951
I assume you've already read the Pathfinderwiki page and know at least three books that mention the Order of the Pike? If not, "What Lies in Dust," the first book of Council of Thieves, "The Emerald Spire Superdungeon," and "Giant Hunter's Handbook."
>>
>>52313987
I'm not a lewdguy, I haven't applied to a /pfg/ game since RotJR.
>>
>>52313913
Underrated post
>>
>>52314009
>the HR party has just finished liberating Kintargo and are off fighting the rest of Cheliax possibly including the HV party

>"When'd it get so cold, guys? I didn't order an iced coffee."

>"Uh-oh."
>>
>>52314023
I only discovered the prc yesterday and the articles on the books say nothing about the Pikes
>>
>>52314057
HR Party A or B though?
>>
>>52314071
A will never liberate Kintargo.
>>
>>52313950
What would make a /pfg/ game appealing?
>>
>>52314088
2hu will crash Party A with no survivors.
>>
>>52314071
B. A will be called during the first book due to a bad case of 2hu.
>>
>>52313913
There is LITERALLY nothing wrong with rape that isn't also wrong with murder.
>>
>>52313872

Kingmaker.

I want Kingmaker as we talked about it last thread.

I want it I WANT IT.
>>
File: that.jpg (136KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
that.jpg
136KB, 960x544px
>>52314091
That.
>>
>>52314112
too bad kingmaker's shit mate.
>>
>>52314107
There are mechanics for murdering things.
>>
>>52314107
Really anon? I've never heard anyone with firsthand experience talk about how bad murder is, have you?
>>
>>52314112
Hmm, I've personally always wanted to play Iron Gods, because I think it sounds fun.

How viable would Iron Godmaker be?
>>
>>52314122
Oh boy, something helpful.
>>
>>52314123
You apparently weren't here for last(?) thread's kingmaker discussion
>>
>>52313921
Skull & Shackles into LotLK
>>
>>52313990
All it really brings are new ways to hit enemies and throw d6s at them, occasionally with an interesting effect. It's just Kineticist but better.
>>
>>52314123

Not unless you FIX IT.

Isn't that what the General's supposed to do? We work out the kinks and give the finished product to a questsmith that can forge us a campaign to last the ages!
>>
>>52314124
There totally are. Hamatulatsu lets you use unarmed strikes as piercing weapons.

Monks can use any part of the body as an unarmed strike.
>>
>>52314127
It's pretty rough, bro. Bleeding out really takes the fun out of any activity.
>>
>>52314091
I'd probably try to get into an Iron Gods game in a heartbeat. But then again, I probably wouldn't get in because I can't write for shit.
>>
>>52314142
But kineticist is fucking overcomplicated trash. it needs like 4 fucking supplements to get off the ground. And then actually reading the mess of words it has in its own book.
>>
File: came here to laugh at you.jpg (59KB, 412x398px) Image search: [Google]
came here to laugh at you.jpg
59KB, 412x398px
>>52314134
Did you honestly expect anything different?
>>
>>52314131

Not very, unless the purpose of Iron Gods Book 1 is to give the party some extra dosh.
>>
>>52313872
Rape monsters.
>>
>>52314131
Anon, that's how Iron Gods ends. You turn a wAIfu into a goddess.
>>
>>52314017
>Just not as much since it feels somewhat more segregated and focus friendly than the original warlock, and is definitely a step down from the playtests that got me on board.

... all they changed was removing the SAD options, though? Like that's the only thing.
>>
File: baglehead.jpg (15KB, 300x204px) Image search: [Google]
baglehead.jpg
15KB, 300x204px
>>52314164
I really didn't
>>
>>52314156
Definitely. Iron Gods and Curse of the Crimson Throne are at the top of my APs to Play list.
>>
>>52311693
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koJlIGDImiU
>>
>>52314146
>We work out the kinks
The only kinks we work out are how we wanna be fucked in our games.
>>
So, HOW do we fix King Maker?
>>
>>52314173
So just incorporate loads of kingdom-building shit and getting paid. I bet it would be fun, and people could play as wacky androids and shit.
>>
>>52314200
Mostly changing the bbeg to a vilderavn, and fix the subsystems.
>>
>>52314189
>Curse of the Crimson Throne
Man I played this, and maybe it was the GM but it really didn't live up to the hype.
>>
>>52314170
I like the way you think. What's a good way we can encourage the players to get raped by monsters?
>>
File: 1488164426126.png (2MB, 1600x1801px) Image search: [Google]
1488164426126.png
2MB, 1600x1801px
why don't you use a flail /pfg/?
>>
>>52314224
something something 2k loans
>>
>>52314200
Trust your GM and burn the kingdom building rules for heat.
>>
>>52314200
Ignore it.
>>
>>52314226
Because there's no honor to fight for.
>>
>>52314212
Really? I've heard it's neat. Which AP did you enjoy? Right now I'm stuck in a Mummy's Mask game with my cheating wife and the dude she's fucking, so that's not exactly a healthy group dynamic (though the DM is pretty cool.)
>>
>>52314210
What CAN'T you fix by making the villain a Vilderavn with a pet Linnorm?
>>
>>52314224
Daily bonus.
>>
>>52314224
Well it's not really rape if you need to encourage them, now is it?
>>
>>52314232
So the monsters are also bankers? That's an interesting twist. Certainly makes repossession and foreclosure a lot more intimidating. I imagine you'll regret it when they breach your piece
>>
File: Lastwall.png (106KB, 152x300px) Image search: [Google]
Lastwall.png
106KB, 152x300px
>>52314226
Because I use a scythe.
>>
>>52314226
Cause flail rhymes with fail. And that's too close for my tastes.
>>
>>52314251
The pet linnorm is going to far mate, we've talked about this.
>>
>>52314200

We outlined it all last thread, including a way to juryrig the building creation process!
>>
>>52314251
Pathfinder's balance issues
>>
>>52314251
Your lovelife
>>
>>52314251
Entropy.
>>
>>52314272
I wasn't here last thread. I was at work. Being a productive contributing member of society by paying taxes.
>>
>>52314271
Okay, fine, drop the pet linnorm. But what APs actually improve if the villains are replaced with a Vilderavn?

>>52314277
So you're saying that fucker Chad is a Vilderavn, and the reason why I can't get a girl? Fuck chad
>>
>>52314180
Not that anon, but similar problems
Instead of making this generalist more powerful to compete, we're going to make them specialize in specific builds if they want to be able to operate in pathfinder space.
>>
>>52314286
>implying you can't do both
lel
>>
>>52314292

There is literally a Chad NPC in Kingmaker that is designed to NTR your waifu and make her kill you and then herself.
>>
>>52314226
A Warhammer has a x3 critical multiplier, while a light flail has a x2.

I don't have any excuses for not using a heavy flail.
>>
>>52314292
Vilderavns could be used anytime one would say it was the jews.
>>
>>52314286
>I was futilely struggling against the inevitable rather than enjoying myself for what few years I have left

There is no tomorrow, anon.
>>
>>52314251
The guy in >>52314247's marriage.
>>
>>52314247
I enjoyed the first book of Iron Gods immensely and I did get through like the first two books of rune-lords before we went off the rails into a home-brew campaign.
Things I played but didn't enjoy
>Wrath of the Righteous
>Kingmaker
Cures of the Crimson Throne game was alright all things considered, but that was because the GM had to keep changing out a bunch of stupid shit and patching up plotholes. I don't regret my time playing it unlike Kingmaker and Wrath.
>>
>>52314292

Replace you know who in Curse of the Crimson Throne with a Vilderavn.
>>
File: chief distress.png (438KB, 629x608px) Image search: [Google]
chief distress.png
438KB, 629x608px
>>52314292
I feel like we're slowly mirroring /k/ and their obsession with skinwalkers with our newfound obsession with vilderavn.
>inb4 HE COULD BE ME, HE COULD BE YOU
I'm fine with it
>>
>>52314330
guys
guys
mimic vilderavn
>>
>>52314330
/k/ and skinwalkers? This is new to me. I need an explanation of this.

>>52314319
Who?

>>52314341
ANON NO STOP
>>
>>52313978
How is it not? It's a goddamn Kineticist and is limited to level 6 maneuvers, while only having 3/4 BAB, a single good save, but is supposed to be in melee using Kinetic Blade. The one saving grace is that it has Con for it initiation modifier so it only needs physical stats, and even then its AC will be SHIT because only light armor proficiency!

It also loses a ton of Kineticist utility so you're losing a huge amount of the fucking reason to play the class in the first place, you're effectively a Fighter with an elemental theme, except with Advanced Weapon/Armor Training the Fighter is probably better than you.
>>
File: screaming raven.jpg (14KB, 324x451px) Image search: [Google]
screaming raven.jpg
14KB, 324x451px
>>52314341
WHY?
>>
>>52314341
>open chest
>you were expecting some nifty loot?
>too bad! It's just me, Vilderavn!
this is going too far
>>
>>52314330
>the Vilderavns are posting in this very thread as we speak, shilling themselves
>>
>>52314292
Replace Ven Vinder with a Vilderavn.
>>
File: spider sympathizers ARE spiders.jpg (129KB, 704x672px) Image search: [Google]
spider sympathizers ARE spiders.jpg
129KB, 704x672px
>>52314361
But are they as bad as spiders?
>>
>>52314330

That sounds like something a SKINWALKER WOULD SAY.
>>
>>52314351
/x/ was really obsessed with creepy skinwalkers innawoods.
/k/ actually experiences creepy shit innawoods.
Crossposters happened.
>>
>>52314361
Yes, we know exactly what Vult is.
>>
>>52314310
Nah, because if he was a Vilderavn, at least I could respect that, you feel me?

>>52314317
Fuck, I really want to play Iron Gods. Might take my mind off of my real life NTR doujin existence.

>I couldn't control my body
>I came seven times in one afternoon
>I've never felt this way before

Bullshit
>>
File: spider poster.png (6KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
spider poster.png
6KB, 230x230px
>>52314373
Nah, spiders have been here much longer.
>>
>>52314366
Holy shit RotJR is fucked.
>>
>>52314355
>Single Good Save

I thought Kineticists got amazing Fort/Reflex saves from the whole "focus on Constitution and Dexfagging" deal?"

Also, you can enter that one PrC that grants magus casting based off your initiation modifier, for actual Con-based casting.

>>52314366
Isn't that Shayliss' dad?

>>52314381
Makes sense, makes sense.

>>52314380
Vilderavn Mimic Skinwalkers named Rory
>>
File: Motherfucking Skinwalkers.jpg (673KB, 1198x4896px) Image search: [Google]
Motherfucking Skinwalkers.jpg
673KB, 1198x4896px
>>52314351
I'll post a couple since the thread is autosaging.
>>
>>52314387
Did you ask her if she made this face?

I'm sorry. I'm a horrible person. Don't answer. I'm leaving the thread and hanging myself.
>>
>>52314387
>Nah, because if he was a Vilderavn, at least I could respect that, you feel me?

>He thinks the guy fucking his wife is the Vilderavn
>>
File: K hunts skinwalkers with old men.png (109KB, 764x1405px) Image search: [Google]
K hunts skinwalkers with old men.png
109KB, 764x1405px
>>52314402
>>
File: coffee.gif (675KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
coffee.gif
675KB, 480x270px
>>52314361
> Vult, DHB, 2hu, and Ssalarn are all Vilderavn trying to sow chaos in /pfg/
>>52314351
/k/ has (had?) a fling a while back where they'd tell stories of innawoods journeys with their guns, whereupon they'd encounter a shapechanging horror of some sort and barely escape. Generally formulaic tales, but entertaining nonetheless. I think this trend has since moved to /x/, where it belonged in the first place. The concept is still /k/'s baby though. A second possibility is that my memories of 4chan /k/ and speedwheels /k/ are blending together, and it was actually a speedwheels meme
>>
>>52314406
Keep a seat warm in Gensyoko for me.
>>
>>52314407
It's his wife's son that's the vilderavn isn't it?
>>
>>52314396

When is Reviewanon releasing the scoop on his SotJR conspiracy theory?

When is Puellanalysis reviewing more characters?

WHERE IS EVERYONE?
>>
>>52311806
Trying for this one more time before the thread goes.
>>
>>52314443
All quiet on the /pfg/ front
>>
File: cirno flutter.gif (36KB, 679x604px) Image search: [Google]
cirno flutter.gif
36KB, 679x604px
>>52314429
I'll try to but I'll be sitting next to this baka so no promises.
>>
>>52311806
Ushers aren't statted and there's no published information besides names thus far.
>>
>>52314406
She probably did. What's so pathetic is that they legitimately discussed which one of them would jump in front of the other and die if I caught them in the act and started spraying niggas. It's like, motherfucker, if you have to seriously discuss who's going to get shot, you might be exercising poor judgment, just sayin'.

>>52314407
I mean, it would make sense, wouldn't it?
>>
>>52314443
Puellanalysis is doing one a day or something, so he won't finish before apps close and the DM starts reviewing, and might not catch up by the actual decision date.
>>
File: original (4).jpg (157KB, 1264x632px) Image search: [Google]
original (4).jpg
157KB, 1264x632px
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>52314443
Sigmund Caine! A man who's naught else to lose but himself.
>woodsman who married a Leanan sídhe fae
>a kid was produced
>wife vanishes to do fae things
>kid grows up ostracised and craves love of people hating her
>tome shows up in her hands and it's all downhill from there
>everyone's dead Jim, let's go find and kill tome merchants

Derivative works aren't necessarily bad. A good twist on a pre-established plot can work wonders. And Cpt Slow has managed to write up a really rather tidy app for Puella Librum Daemonica. While the standard story of "tome merchant gave relative tome, everyone's now dead" fits in, the twist here is of the very first app to have a non-evil monstergirl, and portrays a fetchling in a positive, if tragic light. It also drastically changes both the traditional "monster slayer" archetype that about 80% of the current apps have, and apart from Drummond is the only one who's outlook is going to be more sympathetic to sentient monsters. It's something that really makes you look at the setting and consider rethinking the whole "deus vult murder all sons of bitches" approach everyone seems to have.

The downside to this is the sad fact that while it would be a fantastic app for most normal games, there's a significant risk that Sigmund isn't attractive enough to get into the game. The advanced age, pre-existing relationship and so on while would be a good target for a more calmer game for longer relationships involving healing and coming to terms with grief, may not work as well for this more, ah, dominance-based-sexually-charged game. Which is a shame, as just the existence of the character can make for fantastic interactions with many others for moral ambiguity. Another point is that hang on, wouldn't the character be getting lots of corruption for doing the dirty with a fae? Relatively minor issue, since one can probably have a headache and rest if you're banging your hot fae waifu too much and get too much corruption.
>>
>>52314471
Where does Puellaanalysis live? I'd like to give him a stern talking-to in person with my monster dick
>>
>>52314461

She's an ex-wife now, right?
>>
>>52314486
I doubt it. She'd probably get all his shit and he'd be homeless, living in a tent, down by the river.
>>
>>52314461
Wait, where were they discussing this so that you could hear them?
>>
>>52314461
Your account of calm here is pretty amazing honestly. I miiight stay with the woman if there was a lot on the line besides love, but playing with them too?Shit.
>>
>>52314481
THE GOOD: Thoughtful app, gives some sorely needed perspective on the setting and dares to be different in more than one way - non-murderous monstergirls, focus on tome hunting instead of monster hunting, picking a grizzled older man with a broken heart, while keeping NPCs around for use and writing it decently to boot.

THE BAD: Grizzled old dude is not as good for monster rape game. I can't say that that's actually a problem with the app, but it is a problem when applying to Pintsize Lucha Dropkicks.

>Appeal: 4/5 Broken hearted hunter figure has a powerful, decently written story behind it that speaks of desire, love, foolishness and loss.
>Backstory: 5/5 I'm a big fan of romance and tragedy and this hits both pretty well.
>Compatibility: 4/5 Brings in shooty and huntery survival skills. While the clash of personalities would normally be a negative I'd actually like to see interactions with him and others bestowing his knowledge of how not necessarily every monstergirl is bad, so am putting that as pretty high.
>Setting accuracy 3 OR 4/5 This one I'm a bit uncertain about. Vult's said monstergirls aren't necessarily evil, but this is the first time an app's had one being quite so free about good/neutral tainted beings. It certainly has the right sort of tragic tale to it, though.
>Sexual potential: 2/5 Sadly, this is where it falls down. Grizzled old hunters aren't really as good in the more overtly sexually charged game this seems to be. Who knows, though, there might be a lot more maneuvering and relationships! And he'd be a lot easier to corrupt into falling, so it's not all bad!

DEAD RELATIVES COUNT: 1. The most dearest one.

>>52314471
I might try to burn through a few tonight since it's closing time soon. But seriously, there's 3 new ones just today.
>>
>>52314481
Hey, I'd be pleased if Sigmund made it into the game. He seems quite virtuous.
>>
>>52314443
>When is Reviewanon releasing the scoop on his SotJR conspiracy theory?
What now?
>>
>>52314501
They told him.

Today.
>>
>>52314443
WWW is way early on and already has 9 apps. Gonna provide review material for a while, I bet.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ncwj8aVIJP1ry839j.gif (128KB, 473x235px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ncwj8aVIJP1ry839j.gif
128KB, 473x235px
Help me out here, guys. I'm an Anti-Paladin of Lamashtu whose gone around making a bunch of babies so I could sire in Lamashtu's children to this world. They're useless as babies though, so what spell or potion can I use to rapidly age them all to young adulthood so we can start spreading chaos within the cities in Lamashtu's name?
>>
File: eirincollapse.png (49KB, 394x293px) Image search: [Google]
eirincollapse.png
49KB, 394x293px
>>52314503
THINGS TO LOOK AT: The two important points for getting in is how Sigmund dealt with the corruption, and how appealing Sigmund is. If he can potentially rephrase some of personality into showing a bit more... animal ferocity? Desire to possess something precious? - Something that could do for a hook, it might work better with regards to getting in.

I do think this is a good app, regardless of what I said.

>>52314485
Well, I was dodging terror attacks earlier today, so you can probably make a good guess.
Next app is Pene Asena!
>>
>>52314017
It's very difficult to unite the fluff of the class with the magic item crafting - like Fiendish Resilience, there are a lot of people for whom that aspect of the class doesn't fit their concept. Crafting is already easier in Pathfinder, thanks to "UMD check in place of knowing the spell" being an in-built part of the system, and Avowed does have it as a skill already. Warlock didn't get any UMD bonuses, so... again, you haven't actually lost anything.

The only thing we've changed from the earlier playtests - well, we've reined in the damage numbers (because they were proving to be too high), we've tinkered with some of the pacts, stopped them from obseleting Bardic Knowledge, and cut down on them being SAD. I'm not sure what you mean by a step down.

>>52314295
We wrote the Dragon pact as a particularly powerful generalist option, and again, the Avowed isn't any WORSE at everything it does than the Warlock (except, y'know, skill checks at level 1.) You SHOULD feel as strong as the Warlock regardless of how you choose to build - even playing against type by making an Undead Pact Scout or a Divine Pact Blaster should still feel competent. A generalist build should still be entirely possible - but if it's not, feedback on where you're having issues rounding it out would be ideal.
>>
>>52314486
>>52314500
Working on it. And no, even if she takes all the furniture she picked out, I'm still making more than both of those nerds put together, because motherfucker also left his wife and 4 KIDS to do this, so he's on the hook for Loadsamoney.

>>52314501
She told me. She told me this, told me about all the times they fucked, where they fucked, the days on which they fucked, and so forth. All sorts of unnecessary details.
That's why I drink.

>>52314502
Nah, she said she's tired of me. She's quite done, so I've already filed the Petition and I'm getting that shit done as soon as possible.
>>
>>52314539
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

I'll save you, Puellanalysis, but only if you go out with me!
>>
>>52314539
Thought we'd get to dive into the anticipated Gloriana review. Leaving the new apps for late then?
>>
>>52314443
>SotJR conspiracy theory

the fuck
>>
>>52314535
I don't think there are any spells that can age a creature up (including mentally, which is the important part)
DO NOT BRING CHILDHOOD ADVENTURES INTO THIS
Maybe depending on the spawn they could rapidly age by themselves? Still going to take a few months I assume.
>>
>>52314562
>anticipated

Not sure what that says about /pfg/, gonna be honest.
>>
>>52314562
I'm doing everything by rolls here! Frankly I'm annoyed I haven't finished the earlier ones.
>>
>>52314456
Damn.
So many kinds of Outsiders and no one ever does anything with them outside, what, the main 3?
>>
>>52314562
>first Bon-Bon
>now Gloriana is the new meme of the minute
>>
>>52314544
Good fucking riddance anon
>>
File: 1454799498575.gif (72KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1454799498575.gif
72KB, 450x600px
>>52314544
Well, uh, shit. I don't know what to make of that, honestly. Hope everything turns out well for you, anon.
>>
>>52314544
Christ dude, that sucks, kinda makes me want to go drink something to be there in spirit.
>>
>>52314535
You don't.

Focus on playing the long game.
>>
File: Asshole bird.jpg (39KB, 425x404px) Image search: [Google]
Asshole bird.jpg
39KB, 425x404px
>>52314569
It's Vilderavns.

Vilderavns all the way down
>>
>>52314112
muffled wealth of kings in the distance

I'm still working on it, don't worry! I'm persistent, especially when I get an idea I like. If I have to drop it, it's more likely because of IRL nonsense like suffering a spontaneous lobotomy than because of not being able to make the game actually work.
>>
>>52314587
I miss Maice. She was popular for like 5 posts then forgotten.
>>
>>52314597
Thanks, I'm already cleaning up my act, hitting the gym more, drinking less, and generally trying to sort my shit out.

>>52314591
Tell me about it; what's so fucked up is that he actually feels super guilty about it. He's way more remorseful about betraying me than she is. It's kinda funny.
>>
>>52314614
True fucking hero you are. Cheers.
>>
>>52314602
It's a bad way to go, trust me. I'm cutting back because alcohol poisoning is fucking scary when you're by yourself.

>>52314615
I still like her. I'm hoping she gets in. There's definitely a lot of potential there, especially since so few of the apps seem geared to be really good for PC-on-PC action.
>>
>>52314574
There are some sphere abilities that age people, but it doesn't change mentals.
>>
>>52314632
It won't happen but I'd love to see the super grim PLD party. Maice, Sigmund, Vier, Sage. Maybe trade it the last two somehow but it seems like the best rip and tear set up.
>>
>>52314683
Guys...what if there were two parties? One for grim, dramatic motherfuckers, and one for slutty rapebait?
>>
>>52314632
I know that much and am not particularly fond of alcohol enough to binge, but having a glass in someone's memory seems worthy enough.
>>
>>52314701
Thanks, Anon. I appreciate the thought.

But now riddle me this: which Potluck Lunch Depot app is mine? The adultery broke out three weeks ago, so any one of them could be the correct answer.
>>
>>52314683
Sage isn't that grim. Add Pene.

Someone innocent to be traumatized would work better though.
>>
>>52314443
This post reminds me, but does nobody in FotJR have any way to pierce magical disguises or something? Or a high enough modifier to get through a disguise check?
>>
File: art-shanpao-devushka-mech-ogon.jpg (334KB, 1920x1096px) Image search: [Google]
art-shanpao-devushka-mech-ogon.jpg
334KB, 1920x1096px
>>52314539
Pene Asena
>born to a blacksmith
>You're a big girl
>monsters attack travelling blacksmith and daughter at night because they didn't set a fire
>father dies and she gets away
>daughter swears it'll be extremely painful
>for you, monsters

Someone didn't read the requirements well.
>no tome encounter
>father, presumably not a nightwalker, doesn't monsterize in the miasma
>no mention of nightwalkers at all, in fact
It might be better if it had that stuff, but there's very little in this apart from "monsters killed my blacksmith dad, I want to kill monsters and I'm huge". While technically reasonably written, I can't see anything too compelling about this app.

THE GOOD: Amazon-sized musclegirl with oversized weapons. Does that turn you on? If so, you can have her, I'll pass. I'd want a bit of reading comprehension with my apps.

THE BAD: Missing the vital stuff that makes it a valid app. Frankly, after that it's just not compelling since the app's been made without the constraints everyone else has had to deal with.
USED A SAMPLE IN THE PICTURE, AUGH. AT LEAST USE FULL SIZE.

>Appeal: 3/5 eh, you can add more if you like musclegirls
>Backstory: 1/5 Dad didn't monsterfy, she's supposed to be tomed and nightwalkered, fire keeps wolves and monsters at bay. BAH.
>Compatibility: 2/5 She hits things hard and has barely any skills. She doesn't even have moonsilver weapons.
>Sexual potential: 3/5 eh, you can add more if you like musclegirls. -Wait, this is what I said for appeal. -5 points because only sexual potential as a hook is terrible. TERRIBLE.

DEAD RELATIVES COUNT: Father's a goner. None other known. That's 100% dead relatives counted!

THINGS TO LOOK AT: Literallywho really needs to look over the app requirements again and do a severe rewrite.

>>52314735
Pene is literally "MY FATHER IS DEAAAAD"
>>
File: 1458832266276.png (12KB, 477x539px) Image search: [Google]
1458832266276.png
12KB, 477x539px
>>52314481
>>52314503

>mfw I remember Slow had the same issue with Dragons 2 and the Mwangi guy
>>
>>52314770
Why would they need that? I don't remember any magical disguises that come up in Burnt Offerings or at least any that lead to anything significant.
>>
File: alicebunnycostume.png (62KB, 298x629px) Image search: [Google]
alicebunnycostume.png
62KB, 298x629px
Rolled 3 (1d12)

>>52314780
I got so mad I forgot to roll the dice.
Why do I have so many Alice images
>>
>>52311183
Reminder that Rituals are a thing. You can still get at Raise Dead and its ilk in spheres, they're just harder to get at and take longer.
>>
>>52314792
It's WORST EMPLOYEE
>>
>>52314789
I'm not convinced this game is thaaaaaat rapey. I mean rapey for sure, but I think Sigmund has a decent chance of getting in if it's at the right level of rapeyness.
>>
>>52314830
He can be a father surrogate for young rape victims, which could be nice.
>>
File: 1442190675946.png (84KB, 599x717px) Image search: [Google]
1442190675946.png
84KB, 599x717px
>>52314830

There's only so much cock to go around, pair that with the fact Sigmund's got Nobility listed as his numero uno preference and methinks he won't be anywhere close to a werewolf's junk and more like to surreptitiously rut a haughty duchess up against some pillar at a party.
>>
remember when we just complained about wrist-mice and waterballoons?
>>
>>52314903
Maybe as a hobby, but we all know his favorite gals will always be Faerie gals.
>>
>>52314402
That is some Blair Witch shit.
>>
>>52314780
Miasma is poisonous before it's corruptive to a human.

Most people just develop a bloody cough as though it were TB.
>>
File: Mil1-1.jpg (1MB, 1761x8843px) Image search: [Google]
Mil1-1.jpg
1MB, 1761x8843px
>>52314916
Remember when Milani became the Goddess of ISIS?
>>
File: Mil1-2.jpg (1MB, 1719x5551px) Image search: [Google]
Mil1-2.jpg
1MB, 1719x5551px
>>52314946
>>
File: Noiralog.png (580KB, 1375x5831px) Image search: [Google]
Noiralog.png
580KB, 1375x5831px
>>52314916
Remember when we memed about the mirror universe and the Darkest Timeline?

I don't actually have the Darkest Timeline screencap, anyone got it? It's where all the AP's fail.
>>
File: 1389179134729.png (23KB, 199x301px) Image search: [Google]
1389179134729.png
23KB, 199x301px
>>52314916

What did you think about the Ironfang Invasion Player's Guide and the Monster Hunter Handbook?

TELL ME!
>>
>>52314443
When will absolutely anybody care about Legacy of Blood and Fire?
>>
>>52314569

Valeriya is actually an honest-to-god Vilderavn sent to infiltrate Minkai and reap war on the land.

You heard it here first, folks!
>>
>>52314544
Just disappear that bitch.
>>
File: 1454701373504.png (117KB, 1099x719px) Image search: [Google]
1454701373504.png
117KB, 1099x719px
>>52314966
gotchu famalam
>>
>>52314967
MHH looks like shit based on the content list.

Ironfang Invasion is promising so far but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>52314967
Seconding this, I wanna see the Monster Hunter's Handbook! It's got more Occultist stuff, which has LITERALLY all been good and legit!
>>
>>52314966
I don't think there was ever a real screencap for darkest timeline, it's a fairly convoluted thing to happen.
>>
>>52314984
>tfw reviewanon stopped before tackling my monster of a backstory
feelsbadman. I just wanted feedback desu
>>
>>52315016
Not the one I was looking for, but cool. I've got this one saved under Golarion Dark Souls.

I was looking for the one describing the failure of each Adventure Path in chronological order, starting with RotRL and finishing soon after WotR.
>>
>>52315025
I want my ooze girl companion alchemist tho
>>
>>52315041
I didn't even realize they started.
>>
>>52315043
With the exception of the 3.5 AP's and Jade Reagent, all AP's are assumed to be able to happen in any order.
>>
>>52315065

What is it with Legacy and being completely unnoticeable?
>>
>>52315065
He skipped Hogoth and went right to Gamze because she was the only character people noticed.
>>
>>52315078
There was a lot of discussion about Legacy for a few days, it was the hot game and saw more talk than PLD, but then it abruptly ended. Dunno why the fuck.
>>
File: 1445916538073.jpg (143KB, 662x854px) Image search: [Google]
1445916538073.jpg
143KB, 662x854px
>>52315078
People aren't interested in Arabian Nights style fantasy?
>>
>>52315096
I honestly think Arabian Fantasy fell out of favor with the rise of ISIS
>>
>>52315073

They technically occur in the chronological order of their release year, which as an example is Hell's Rebels releasing in 2015 which corresponds to 4715.

Which corresponds to Golarion-Earth time as 1919
>>
>>52315078
>>52315092
I was really hype for a couple days and working on an app, then realized I probably should not apply to any more games before I find an actual job.
>>
>>52315080
Right, I guess I did see that one. It seemed a fair review. I thought you meant he did more than that.
>>
>>52315118
Everyone loves a good nasheed though.

Hello CIA
>>
>>52315118

Arabian Fantasy fell out of favor wayyyyy before that, it died with 9/11.
>>
>>52315118
That's an interesting theory. Any proof? Not trying to be antagonistic, but I'd be legit curious if world events could influence peoples taste in fiction in such a way.
>>
>>52315080
I imagine the actual reason he skipped Hogoth is because the character is completely tone deaf to the setting.
>>
>>52315142

Arabian Fantasy was all the rage in the 90s, but it somehow fell under mysterious, explosive circumstances in the early 2000s.
>>
File: 1487321026808.png (1009KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
1487321026808.png
1009KB, 1334x750px
So has anyone attempted to port the Magic of Incarnum classes to Pathfinder, and merge them with Akashic Mysteries? I REALLY hate the Akashic Mysteries classes, and I personally prefer the Incarnum ones.
>>
>>52315142
I'm sure there's probably a thesis out there on it, since it probably correlates with 9/11 >>52315136

But no, I don't have proof.

Just the hypothesis that you generally don't like fiction and heroes from a culture that's trying to murder you and you're trying to murder them.
>>
>>52315118
On the contrary, I love Arabian Fantasy because it recalls a time when the middle east was magic and wonder, rather than bombs and stonings well okay a few stonings
>>
>>52315162
That's not entirely true, although I would say his connection to Katapesh is a little more tenuous than the other non-natives (despite my unavoidable bias)
>>
>>52315080
>>52315162
Didn't he roll and get 2?
>>
>>52315198

>A little more tenuous

Let me sum up his backstory for you.

>I am a strong man in the village of Big Guys
>I have a sister
>She's sick
>I hear a specific flower halfway across the world will heal her ills
>Okay
>>
>>52315169
Dev has posted before that he tried to make AM as compatible as possible make porting the original Incarnum easy, just try it yourself.
>>
>>52315220
Seems fine to me. Short, simple, and to the point.
>>
File: 47647327322.jpg (101KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
47647327322.jpg
101KB, 960x960px
How would you handle an Ur-Priest in Pathfinder?
>>
>>52315220
I'll be honest, I kinda expected the guy behind Hupgup to expand a little. As-is, yeah, there's not much to go on.
>>
>>52315223
I'll tinker with it, I just enjoy Soulborn, Incarnate, and Totemist more. I'll probably hit y'all up with them tomorrow when I can.
>>
>>52315220
Nier?
>>
>>52315122
I take comfort in knowing I'm not the only one in /pfg/ in that situation, though at the same time I feel bad for anyone else in the same boat as me.
>>
>>52315256
Rest assured I'm still working on it. Ran into a "writers block".
>>
File: 1472011548939.jpg (30KB, 229x339px) Image search: [Google]
1472011548939.jpg
30KB, 229x339px
>>52315261
You're right.
>>
>>52315118
>you are now imagining Horus sitting in whatever passes for his throne room these days, foaming at the beak because these maniacs are using his mother's name to praise the one who destroyed her following
>>
>>52315078
I honestly wish traits were done completely differently. I don't know how, but it should be more like 6 players and each one has just one particular campaign trait. Like are there going to be 3 people raised by Haleen...?
>>
>>52315220

You can reduce any character down to a few bland-and-true points to sum them up. It's not really a strong point to make about them.
>>
>>52315282
Ganbatte, anon
>>
>>52315043
Well, let's see here
>Rise of the Runelords
Runelord Karzoug awakens, also maybe Mhar starts rampaging?
>CotCT
Small army of thralls begins attacking Cheliax
>Second Darkness
No more elves
>Legacy of Fire
Bigass godspawn starts fucking up Garund
>Council of Thieves
Literally nothing of note
>Kingmaker
Stolen lands get stolen
>Serpent's Skull
I think an evil god awakens underground and begins plotting to take over the surface?
>Carrion Crown
Whispering Tyrant starts getting unsealed
>Jade Regent
Nobody really cares, maybe Ameiko dies?
>Skull and Shackles
Good things! Chelaxian navy takes control of the seas
>Shattered Star
I think a mechanical army starts marching towards Cheliax from the north
>Reign of Winter
Golarion becomes a winter wonderland
>Wrath of the Righteous
Worldwound explodes, demons everywhere
>Mummy's Mask
Ancient pharaoh arises and starts plans to conquer Garund. Possibly a good thing?
>Iron Gods
New (evil) god arises that spreads via technovirus, also causes cyberdemons
>Giantslayer
Giant warlord comes to power for about 30 minutes before being bullied out of power by someone bigger than him, probably destroys Lastwall
>Hell's Rebels
Good thing! Bazzy Thrune becomes Cheliax, effectively defending it from assault forever.
>Hell's Vengeance
Cheliax gets embroiled in a civil war as the country is overthrown by lawful stupid paladins
>Strange Aeons
Some kind of old one returns to Golarion?
>Ironfang Invasion
Probably nothing
>>
>>52315315
I also found an archive link.

https://warosu.org/tg/thread/42971427#p42980191
>>
>>52315315
>>Second Darkness
I thought the end game scenario for that was "a giant fucking meteor crashes into the planet".
>>
>>52315008
Bust a cap?
>>
>>52315312

Anon, that is LITERALLY his backstory, I'm not boiling him down to the starch here, I'm feeding it to you straight from the garden.
>>
>>52314792
Two things anon: Vilderavns and One of the PCs
>>
>>52315339
In her ass, yes.
>>
>>52315348

Delete this.

I need the straight dick from the reviewanon.
>>
>>52315309
He redid the traits and raised by Haleen isn't too hot now.
>>
>>52315258
The Daevic is honestly quite similar to the Totemist. Blood slot instead of Totem slot and has a heavy, heavy emphasis on natural attacks. Vizier is a stinking pile of shit though I'll give you that, but Guru is interesting, it's just weird and awkward at the same time.
>>
>>52315339
Bust a nut
>>
>>52315333
I'm going off memory, but I think the meteor isn't big enough to kill the planet, but IS big enough to wipe out Kyonin
>>
>>52315339
Alligator-seeing tour
>>
>>52315417
>but IS big enough to wipe out Kyonin

Who cares about Kyonin.
>>
>>52315425
Anyone who likes elves, or wants a place to evacuate to when Cyberdemons fight Winter Witches, or doesn't like impact winter, or doesn't want Karzoug (or Xin, or Sorshen, or Xanderghul) invading the Lands of the Linnorm Kings.
>>
>>52315405
That's irrelevant to what I mean, there's still several people using the trait. Why make it messy and have 3 people raised by Haleen?
>>
>>52315187
You have to blame the Turks.

Turks and Mediteranean slavery.
>>
>>52315284
Sick sister/daughter healed by flower is pretty spot on. only missing a futa love interest.
>>
File: you cant.jpg (74KB, 394x386px) Image search: [Google]
you cant.jpg
74KB, 394x386px
>>52314961
>>52314946

That thread fucking disgusted me so much at the time.

The group gets an idea. GM and half the fucking forum forget that A) this is a game, B) it's playing pretend and isn't real, and C) it's somehow not what that deity arguably is demanding half the time.

Nooooo. "this group we're not even a part of is triggering us! you must stop them! WRONG FUN! BAD FUN IS BAD! MAKE THE BAD FUN GO AWAY!"
>>
>>52315465

>Mediterranean slavery

Oh look, it's that myth.
>>
>>52315312
Just to compare Hogoth to another PC that's stuck in bullet point limbo, Tarani is a Katapesh native with hooks in bandit origins, djinn heritage, a member of a nomad tribe, an enemy-friend that could be present in the story, and a direct lead into the campaign.

Being incomplete is one thing but Hogoth would need some big additions to get out of being the weakest app up. This isn't mentioning any of the apps that are complete.
>>
>>52315016
God fuck that's good.
>>
>>52315016
Someone add Qlippoth to this somehow.
>>
>>52315549

The Qlippoth would be the main antagonist, trying to delay or destroy the party at every opportunity; Rovagug was their father, and the state of the world means a cessation in the production of souls.
>>
>>52315315
Better question, I suppose, which has the strongest party by the end of the adventure?

Money on Wrath of the Righteous, really.
>>
>>52315549
Qlippoth are just about ready to wage a war of extermination against Demons in the Abyss now that mortals are all dead, meaning no more Demons.

There's a few cutscenes involving some of the strongest Demons and Qlippoths still alive duking it out. Qlippoths are trying to kill the PCs so they can't hard reset. Demons want the hard reset.
>>
>>52315650
>which has the strongest party by the end of the adventure?

Wrath of the Righteous has the party reaching Level 20, Mythic 10.

That is as high as you can go in the system.
>>
File: 1449377778753.gif (51KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
1449377778753.gif
51KB, 500x200px
>>52315657

>mfw it's the eve of the race to sign the Contract
>mfw tensions are high and the party has called on all their friends
>mfw Nocticula and her handmaidens offer the party one last night to enjoy themselves before the fight, no strings attached
>>
>>52315674
So, canonically speaking, there's a level 20 mythic 10 bunch of adventurers running around?
>>
>>52315720
>implying the "bad end" bit doesn't mean Deskari ate them and stole their power
>>
>>52315701
>grim nihilistic setting
>lul sex
>>
>>52315720

There's four of them by the end of Wrath of the Righteous, yes.

And they might have killed a Demon Lord.
>>
>>52315380
No I will not Delete This
the best part is that it could be true for EITHER party
>>
>>52315748
I'd be curious to get a Pathfinder Chronicle about what happens to that party after it. Keeping it vague enough that the 4 could be anyone.
>>
>>52315581
>>52315657
>Final encounter is a race climbing Rovagug's corpse to reach the tabletop against a mad Qlippoth-spawn riding the tarrasque
>The race tentatively involves climb checks, not a single climb check has been asked for throughout the campaign
>>
>>52315789

Ideally?

One becomes the King of Mendev after the Queen kills herself (which she canonically wants to do after finishing the Crusade), one marries Arueshalae and runs off to be some big-dick hero, another restores Sarkoris as a Kellid God-King and rules with grace and justice, while the fourth... Does whatever.

The Worldwound is right next to the River Kingdoms, maybe someone wants to unite them or even conquer Brevoy?
>>
>>52315415
In her ass?
>>
>>52315835
All magic is disabled in the vicinity of the dead god's corpse.
>>
>>52315886
This sounds dickish on paper but thematically it makes sense- magic can rewrite the world, but it's the mortals who have to pick up the pen in the end.
>>
Why are gnomes so fucking annoying?
>>
>>52315917
Even in death Rovagug attempts to destroy the world. The Contract's presence allows for some stability.

I'm sure there's better ways of fluffing it as well.
>>
>>52315964
All short race players are. something about being smaller makes them feel like it's okay to be a dick because " haha lol I'm small n shit"
>>
>>52315917
>>52315886
It also makes kinda sense cosmologically, since Asmo himself is a God of Magic, so his dead carcass would probably just eat away at all the ambient magic in some form of deific decay

Plus considering how much of a paranoid dick he is, I wouldn't be surprised if he set up a God-Killer AMF contingent upon his death.
>>
>>52315741
It's the night before they go for everything or nothing. Cut'em some slack.
>>
>>52316034
Ah yes, I forgot that part in Dark Souls where the Fire Keeper blows you.
>>
>>52316026
>>52315985
In my minds eye the race to the Contract would look like the dash to the citadel in ME3's ending. yeah yeah i know the ending was bad but that moment in particular was high-tension as fuck
>Racing till you're out of breath and then some, just trying to outrun the hordes behind and in front, your goal just in sight
>one hundred meters between you and a bright future
>>
File: 1486830586803.gif (471KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1486830586803.gif
471KB, 512x288px
>You sign the contract
>the universe starts to reset, everything is tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down
>As Asmo's corpse fades away, you hear a sound
>a slight whisper comes from his fading form
>It says "Forgive me brother, lets go back home"
>>
>>52316094
Ah yes, I forgot that moment where the Firekeeper was actually the queen of sex demons.
>>
>>52316170
Mmhm, the queen of sex demons in Dark Souls. The one that isn't there. Because it doesn't fit with the themes of the game.
>>
>>52315964
Because they can literally be bored to death and must constantly amuse themselves, inevitably at the expense of others after long enough.
>>
Someone should make a new thread.

Not me though.
>>
>>52316145
Almost forgot
>afterwards, cue ending theme
https://youtu.be/GDflVhOpS4E
>>
>>52316372
I will, just keep a moment
>>
I want a new thread
One that doesn't make me sick
>>
File: 1410598247275.jpg (355KB, 725x900px) Image search: [Google]
1410598247275.jpg
355KB, 725x900px
NEW BREAD
>>52316512
>>52316512
>>52316512
ONWARD TO ADVENTURE!
>>
>>52316538
does >>52316512 make you happy you colossal faggot baby?
>>
>>52315964
At least they're not kender
>>
>>52316568

I'm going to fuck your ass until you bleed, fuccboi
>>
>>52311784
>>52311792
>>52312319
>>52312382
Thanks friends, Titan Mauler ended up being perfect for this narrative. I don't care what anybody says, you guys are the best.
>>
>>52313951
You want the Path of the Hellknight book.
Thread posts: 537
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.