[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 413
Thread images: 68

File: 40k ge.jpg (2MB, 3320x2660px) Image search: [Google]
40k ge.jpg
2MB, 3320x2660px
Return of the primarchs!... edition

prev
>>51973251

>Adarki Duncini
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IXQ6f6eMxQ [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempt to fuck your list up
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Another list building program that may or may not be a pile of shit, sometimes it works and when it does it can be better than the garbage above
https://battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Whoever let Alpharius have 10000 library cards, you're fired. Revoking them all is going to take forever)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
>It's time for feedback!
>No, Magnus, no!
>>
>>51982123
3rd for stop racing to make 1st post already
>>
File: Tyranids - 1510pts.jpg (127KB, 900x801px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranids - 1510pts.jpg
127KB, 900x801px
r8 my 1500 nids list?
I posted it last week and you guys seemed to like it, should be some different people on at this hour.
I know, I promised a batrep last week, but the game got postponed til tonight. Batrep coming tomorrow.

>inb4 1 point over in a friendly game, where both sides know the others' list is CHEATING REEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Tyranids - 1500pts.jpg (139KB, 900x788px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranids - 1500pts.jpg
139KB, 900x788px
>>51982156
Can't be worse than mine.
>>
>>51982156
Drop a Devourer to get below 1,000.

I'd put the Zoanthropes into two individual broods.
>>
File: PURGEPURGEPURGE.gif (262KB, 244x244px) Image search: [Google]
PURGEPURGEPURGE.gif
262KB, 244x244px
I'm a DA playa and I don't know what to take as AA support, either a nephilim flyer, an Aegis Defense line + Icarus + a squad to man it, or 2 wall of martyrs vengeance weapon battery (one with icarus for AA and one with Battle Cannon because pie plates).

Help me plz
>>
>>51982188
What's the rest of the list look like?

Aegis is more for guaranteeing a 4+ cover for your backfield squads than it is for a single AA gun.
>>
>>51982187
>Zoanthropes into two individual broods
That's pretty much handing the other guy First Blood
>>
File: 1363343779190.jpg (387KB, 638x1049px) Image search: [Google]
1363343779190.jpg
387KB, 638x1049px
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my soulstone... and my twin.. even my dead wife. The craftworld I've lost... the ancestors I've lost... won't stop hurting. I'm gonna make them give back our past
>>
>>51982212
the rest of the list is pretty mobile:

2 tac squads in drop pods, 1 command squad with libby with drop pod, 3 bikes with attack bike, darkshroud, celestine and imperial knight paladin

I was planning on having the Dark Talon as support bombing but I see that it can't even damage half the flyers in the game with its hurricane bolters.

IK has an icarus turret on the hull.
>>
>>51982248

>Implying Tanith aren't the 40k version of MSF
>>
>>51982156
I personally wouldn't take an exocrine outside of a living artillery node and I'd take a hive crone instead.
>>
>>51982229
>Your tone was 4channy from the start and I tried to be nice.
Bro, your post was retarded from the start and I was nice.

>You're not exactly conveying your thoughts that good.
I've been crystal clear. If you can't actually read the rules, I'm not sure how you hope to enjoy this hobby.

>So chill the fuck out and stop trying to help ok?
Hey, no need to get upset. Just let all those other anons jumping in with feedback help you out. Oh wait.
>>
>>51982248
Suck it up emo. You have a dead twin, why arent you piloting Wraithknight? And suck it up even more and join Ynnari. You can have back your dead relatives and permantly bond with them in amalgam of souls, trust in your god, wraithbone and your revenge made manifest!
>>
>>51982262
Are you really sure you need AA? Fliers seem pretty rare in most metas, and most traditional AA batteries aren't much good against FMC's.

The Nephilim is probably the least bad of those options, but that's not saying much.
>>
File: Gaunts-ghosts.jpg (30KB, 650x271px) Image search: [Google]
Gaunts-ghosts.jpg
30KB, 650x271px
>>51982274
THEY PLAYED US LIKE FETHING PIPES
>>
>>51982311
It's a list for competitive and if someone brings a helldrake or two on the table I have to be able to answer accordingly.
Still, the nephilim can shoot missiles at ground vehicles with less BS, but if the enemy won't bring flyers it will be 170 wasted points, thus the vengeance weapon batteries, one has AA and the other bombs stuff.

Why can't DA have an AA tank like vanilla marines? ree
>>
>I'm guaranteed to loose this game so I'm gonna have a shitty attitude and even actively try and keep the other player from having fun out of spite instead of forfeiting

Why do that guys have this kind of logic? 3 out of about the 15 guys in my 40k community do this and I'm starting to get the urge of just giving up and saying they "win" just to get the game to be over because they drag it out and make it as painful as possible
>>
>read Skitarius novel
>Skitarii Primus engages a squad of Dark mechanicus shock troopers
>pulls out two Arc Mauls, starts spinning his upper body and rotating his shoulder joints at high speed
>walks into their lines like a tornado of Arc weapons
This shit is hilarious and I wish it'd be possible in-game.
>>
>>51982483
Oh man that is awesome. I hope Skitarii get their Skitarii Primus like they got it in 30k.
>>
>>51982345
Even if the other guy doesn't have flyers, the Nephilim can put out some decent hurt.

Still, I think it's not worth it. Even if the other guy brings a heldrake or two, just advance into his deployment zone and spread out.
>>
>>51982479
Such is the nature of neckbeards

Birds sing
Dolphins rape
Neckbeards neckbeard
>>
>>51982479
So just don't play those people.
>>
>>51982509
>birds
>not raping
>laughingmallards.jpg
>>
>>51982506
Yeah, reading that novel makes me hyped as fuck about having a highly customizable Primus on the TT as well.

Even if it's probably not optimal at all, a Skitarii with 2 Arc Pistols, 2 Arc Mauls and Mindscrambler Grenades could be fun as fuck to use though I guess you could drop one Maul in-game since it makes no difference if you have a second weapon or just a Pistol.
>>
File: 1486788210455.jpg (855KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1486788210455.jpg
855KB, 1536x2048px
>>51982248
Quit crying, faggot. We're gonna make the Eldar Empire great again.
>>
>>51982534
>birds rape
>dolphins rape
>neckbeards rape
>everyone adores dolphins and birds but ridicules neckbeards
I feel like this is highly hypocritical and I demand equal treatment.
>>
File: mass produced evas vs unit 02.jpg (68KB, 600x519px) Image search: [Google]
mass produced evas vs unit 02.jpg
68KB, 600x519px
>>51982534
>>
>>51982519
>don't play those people
Yeah thanks for cracking that case detective Conan, I do it to myself because I usually will avoid playing these people, but sometimes I'm forced to like if they come to my weekly Apoc event and they arent toxic enough to get banned, or if I'm matched with them in my LgSs tournament , but yeah sometimes they're the only ones in the shop and I want a game, I always regret it, one day I'll learn, until then I'll bitch on an anonymous internet board with people who I know share my opinion
>>
>>51982479
>drive an hour to the shop on my one day off of the week
>carefully set out my painted models that I put together back when I had more time and my hands were steadier
>can't stay too long, the kids expect dinner and I have to be in bed early for work tomorrow
>only really have time for one game, pick someone
>end up choosing the one autist
>he's waac, of course
>I have no chance of winning
>but I just want to play with my painted army men
>he basically tables me on the first turn, there's no reason why I shouldn't forfeit
>but this is the only game I can play tonight
>want to at least roll a few die for my turn
>end up dragging out the game just so I can have a bit of fun in my life instead of surrendering
>finally finish and the game's over, the past hour and half have just been a formality since my Ork list was doomed from the start
>thank him for the game, pack up and get ready to leave
>on the way out, I hear him complaining to his autist friends that I didn't surrender and dragged the game out, and that he only has time for four more games now
>last thing I hear is him making plans for tomorrow because he doesn't do anything all day
>>
>>51982479
Just tell them they're being a little bitch. It seems like it would be a hassle but people like that are really weak willed, hence why they lash out in such a disgustingly passive aggressive manner. They've never been called out on it so they think it's okay. You'd be doing them a favor
>>
>>51982286
And you still havent said what that guy did wrong. gg anon
>>
>>51982479
youre a terrible person and i wouldnt play you. We've even excluded whiny bitches like you in our meta before, stressed out waac players that cant have fun.
>>
How to start Genestealer Cult? Any example of their e.g. Kill Team list (will start from this or HoR format)
>>
>>51982479
Had you try not being a colosal faggot?

Either fake or a waacfag
>>
>>51982586
This right here. I'm here to enjoy playing a game. I don't play 40k like it's an MtG standard tournament.
>>
>>51982683
Pick up Deathwatch Overkill. Gives you a ready-made Kill Team in the two White Dwarf troops choices for the units in the box, as well as one of each of the HQ choices, some genestealers, and abberants which you can only get in the box, not to mention Marines you can either sell or keep for use for the cool board game.

Kill Team is literally

1x Favored Disciples: 85
1x Faithful Throng: 115
>>
>>51982683
Wait for a few weeks. One of the recent leaks for next content included a Start Collecting for GC, I think.

If it is of any relevance, the plastic tartaros and MK III were also included in that leak
>>
>>51982226
Suck it up noob
>>
File: Genestealer Cult2 - 200pts.jpg (70KB, 900x344px) Image search: [Google]
Genestealer Cult2 - 200pts.jpg
70KB, 900x344px
>>51982683
I recently ran this in a KT, was pretty fun. A tougher list would probably use a Chimera instead, so the "Neophyte Amoured Claw" boxes are a good place to start. They're also a good start towards the "neophyte Cavalcade" formation
>>
>>51982586
Except in your example the Ork player (who was losing) is still having fun and being a good sport

>One of my old roommates was a Guard player in 6e. He was a great person and hilarious to play... so long as he was winning.
>The moment you started to win. He'd get really mopey. Would get really quiet. Lots of sighing. Low energy. Barely putting any effort into the game.
>I stopped playing with him. Because it was no fun.
>>
>>51982733
>noob
I can almost guarantee I've been playing for more years than you
>>
>>51982674
>>51982692
>>51982586
>>51982694
Woah woah chaps, I think you've got it all wrong this is what you guys are talking about
>getting ass kicked
>only game of 40k I'll get all year
>play it out just to see if I can get lucky
>keep it light and just make jokes and be silly
>it's not about winning it's about fun

I'm talking about this
>getting ass kicked
>I only came here to win
>drag the game out
>be in a shitty mood
>make it clear I'm not having fun
>try and drag the other guy down with me because misery loves company
>whine the entire time
>return jokes with deadpan stares

I think you guys are talking about the first, which is totally fine, I'm talking about the latter
>>
>>51982722
Can anyone confirm this?
>>
File: IMG_8871.jpg (14KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8871.jpg
14KB, 266x190px
>>51982749
All these guard players not having fun when they have THE BEST tanks, low energy, sad!
>>
>>51982479
I quit playing in stores for this fucking reason.

>pair-up tournament when fantasy was still a thing, organized by my usual gw store
>go with my younger cousin to have some fun, he's starting at warhammer
>we're matched with a shitty brat who plays skaven, his pair didn't even show up
>we play 750+750, he plays 1500p, whatever
>show him our army list, ask him theirs
>"I don't have one with me, I memorize all the upgrades and costs"
>fuckingbullshit.jpg
>ask him to tell me exactly what is what and what equipment his army has, even write it down
>has one huge block of slaves in the middle of the board
>he's a shitty player, constantly trying to sneak dice rerolls and trying to cheat in small things, call him out every time. We flank him and start busting his ass.
>he tries to shut down our magic casting with a banner that skaven apparently have, which as he explains when used will prevent any use of magic the rest of the battle
>won't lend me his army book to check the effect
>as we are in a store, i pick an open one from a shelf and check it
>it's obviously bullshit, just gives some sort of casting penalty
>mid battle as my greatswords charge his block of slaves, they suddenly are stormvernin armed with heavy armor
>call his bullshit out, take our army from the table while he starts to excuse our fourfeit to the store clerk
>tell him that this is not the first scummy player that I've seen in the store, and that I will not be coming back again

The fucking prize was a plastic goblin painted golden. Was it worth the trouble, waac fags?
>>
>>51982772
All I heard was that they were selling the upgrade sprue seperately. A Start Collecting would be awesome, though, Iconward/Goliath/Acolytes would be great.
>>
>>51982479
>>51982479
I theorize there are three distinct species of "that guys"

>lawful that guy
This is the closest to good that guys there is, these are the kind that will try and have fun, always bring really good lists but at least try and match yours in power, at the same time though they clearly get upset when they loose/are loosing and winning is still priority, these can be spotted by any attempt to roast them after loosing a game resulting in a quick clap back to cover their wounded ego

>chaotic that guy
These guys are the ones that don't really realize fully that they are "that guys" maybe they lack the social skills to understand not to bring powerful lists, or not to get super salty and be shitty for the rest of the game after bad rolls, they've convinced themselves with some stupid logic it's okay for them to bring massed daemon summoning or maxed out riptide wing to a casual game, and their autism means they can't handle their frustration easily when they are loosing, these can be spotted by trying to convince them they are being cheesy and then hiding behind excuses and double think, also quotes such as
>[ultra competitive cheese build] is the only strategy my army has though
>[rolls 2 1s out of 40 dice] God these dice have been fucking me!
>general whining and bitching about everything broken about 40k that they aren't abusing at the time

Then there's the worst
>evil that guy
These are the wannabe tourneyfags, where WAAChammer is their only type of 40k, these guys are perfectly aware of what they are doing, they bring the best list possible and don't hide they are there to win and nothing more, They will resort to dirty tricks and mind games to make you loose, their tools of trade include
>passive aggressive trash talk
>getting super quiet and serious when they aren't winning
>not returning any attempts at jokes or conversations
>conveniently only remembering rules that help them
These are your enemies, know them well
>>
>>51982634
Both times I quoted the relevant areas of issue. If you can't read a unit datasheet to see what options it has, this game is too difficult for your feeble mind.
>>
>>51982634
>>51982286
Holy shit you're both autistic cunts, leave it in the previous thread
>>
>>51982839
Can I be a waacfag if I play SoB?
>>
>>51982839
>any attempt to roast them after loosing a game
You're the That Guy. Do you seriously think that "people not liking it when I mock them after beating them" is a sign of a that guy? What inbred douche-colony do you come from?
>>
>>51982757
Fair, I retract my comment but I've run into plenty of players that get upset when you don't capitulate turn 3 just because 2/3 of your army are dead.

>be in local tournament as guard
>tau waac player (not a knock against tau as we have two other guys who run kroot and vespids and the like and are generally fun players)
>loose literally half my force after his 1st Turn shooting phase
>tries to gg me
>naw nigga this is Guard
>to the last man and the last round
>miraculously fight him to a draw on objectives with a total of 5 guardsmen on the table
>draw costs him the tournament win which instead goes to our all metal army BA player
>mfw
>>
>>51982867
What exactly is the point of a continuous general with links to the previous and next generals if there is no continuity? Why link to the previous general if not to continue discussions from it?
>>
>>51982895
>Guard, fighting the enemy to a standstill with every body available, just so the Space Marines can swoop in and win the day

Pure pottery
>>
File: GodEmperor(female).jpg (79KB, 736x1044px) Image search: [Google]
GodEmperor(female).jpg
79KB, 736x1044px
>this is your Emperor for the night

say something nice to her!
>>
>>51982882
>friends giving eachother shit as a sign of being friends

Autism detected

But really I guess I should have clarified these are people who usually don't care about shit talk and welcome it as long as at the end of the day they win

But yeah woohoo you got me
>>
>>51982156

The gaunts need to be in one squad of 30 to make the Tervigon a troop.
>>
File: DEATHWATCH.jpg (187KB, 902x1152px) Image search: [Google]
DEATHWATCH.jpg
187KB, 902x1152px
>>51982922
Respect
>>
>>51982927
I want someone to make some male Emperor fan-art with a bare abdomen and like a 12-pack.
>>
>>51982878
I guess you could spam exorcists or something
>>
File: tmp_18603-untitled642414745.png (407KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_18603-untitled642414745.png
407KB, 800x600px
>>51982922
Such is life in the Emperor's service.
>>
>>51982901
Oh shut the fuck up, there's a difference between discussions and pointless arguments between two faggots that just spams up the general and you know it, miss me with these weak excuses nigga
>>
>>51982931
it's an HQ
>>
>>51982929
If he's your friend, why are you trying to mock him if he clearly doesn't enjoy it? You're your own "chaotic that guy." You lack the social skills to properly interact with other people, so you offer stupid logic to make your own social faux pas seem okay.
>>
>>51982878
If you have a shitty attitude and come to the table purely to win then yeah

Ork and nid Waac is rare but real

Also sisters can add some dirt as an ally, and Celestine is pure cheddar

>nb4 "muh thicc waifu isn't actually a sister because no AoF"
>>
>>51982922
This is how I ran every game of Only War. The PCs fought to a man, only to have victory claimed by either SM or their rival regiment from the Harikoni Warhawks, who would literally swoop in on Valks and steal the day.
>>
So now Inferno is out, do we have any information on when IA14 is showing up? Would like some bloops for my Skitarii and the Vulturax and Triaros fix pretty much all the giant holes in the army for casual play. Then I can leave the Cult Mechanicus at home and grab something better looking to deal with Monstrous Creatures.
>>
>>51982956
>pointless arguments between two faggots
Then why are you posting? Prior to your inane whining, there were all of three posts in the discussion in this thread and, what, like four in the last? Get over yourself.

>miss me with these weak excuses nigga
Is that even English?
>>
>>51982927

>MY BLACK CARPACE JUST HARDENED IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
>>
>>51982895
As a guard player myself nothing beats a last stand down to a man, last game I won was because a single guard sergeant regrouped from fleeing then ran onto an objective to get the final point I needed

>cadiawasavenged.vox
>>
>>51982994
>all the giant holes in the army for casual play.
Truly, Skitarii are the most disadvantaged army in the game. Thank goodness FW will be importing all of those completely reasonable FW goodies into 40k for you.
>>
File: orks.jpg (2MB, 3734x1710px) Image search: [Google]
orks.jpg
2MB, 3734x1710px
Finally got my boyz out and unpacked, feels good to see them on a table together again, hopefully going to get a pickup game today at my FLGS

now to paint those final lootas and meganobz, probably going to stip those flamer boyz you see too (got them on ebay for a steal tbqh)
>>
>>51982995
You're right, I shouldn't let you b8 me, people will just ignore you and you'll go away, I should know better
>>
>>51982981
>Celestine
>SoB army
>Cheese

What now? Necrons are op and broken?

Celestine is at best a distraction Carnifex. If you could put more than one I would agree on her being cheese
>>
>>51982981
Nid WAACfaggotry is the reason why people say we can't complain about the army. If it ain't Flyrants, you're obviously not trying hard enough.
>>
>>51983007
Literally the best IG games.
>>
>>51983035
Have you played against Celestine in a wolfstar or similar build? Have you played against Celestine at all being run by anyone half competent? She is a huge buff to certain armies and when you do actually play against her you'll see what I mean
>>
>>51983039
>Tfw think the flyrant/mawloc focused army is fun to play
>still hate it because they're supposed to be nids
>know that it'll get killed when they're finally revised.

It's complicated
>>
>>51983011
I know they're just fine at the moment, but playing nothing but light infantry and walkers with no transports is a good way to instantly lose against anyone shooty. Not asking for Tau-level MC spam and such, just the anti-air bloop, a transport and hopefully the Secutarii Axiarch and Ursarax.
I love my tin men, but they aren't particularly varied.
>>
>>51982586
So the game should be centered around being played as fast as possible so you can get back to your cuckmaster wife and her kids and be in bed early so you can be early to work for mr sheklestein?
Go play AoS, it's made for cucks like you.
>>
>>51983080
Flyrant/Mawloc is fun as hell, but on the other hand, I wish the codex had more versatility, and the internal balance to make other army comps viable.
>>
File: day boiz.png (488KB, 962x964px) Image search: [Google]
day boiz.png
488KB, 962x964px
>>51982586
I play my friends Tau with my Orks and I always lose, I know I'll always lose but as long as I kill his commander/one of his riptides I chalk it up as a win.

When playing Orks you just have to give up on the idea you're ever going to win and just make your own fun!
>>
>>51983032
Why don't you just practice what you preach, shitposter? You're the one that instigated this. Either illiterate Thousand Sons anon will return to reply or not; you aren't providing anything meaningful, just the pointless bickering that you're hypocritically decrying.
>>
>>51983093
Cuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcukcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcukcuckucckkcuckcuckcuck
>>
>>51982974
>ignoring half of what I said and intentially twisting what I typed knowing that not what I meant

Well you're either looking to get a response out of me or projecting a little because you're pretending you don't know exactly what I mean, or you just have autism, either way I'm not giving you what you want
>>
>>51983062
I said Celestine in a SoB army you twat as was the original question regarding SoB

Then again the problem is not Celestine on her self but the absurd power creep that already exist.
>>
File: OrkwithCoffee_zpsb5f7cbdc.jpg (15KB, 243x208px) Image search: [Google]
OrkwithCoffee_zpsb5f7cbdc.jpg
15KB, 243x208px
Let's talk about why the Orks will win in the end.

>Strongest race physically
>Best population growth
>Enormous adaptability
>Genetically built to survive best in the war torn universe
>Cannot be permanently destroyed, will always come back, indestructible spores
>If and when they do run out of enemies to fight, they will have accumulated enough territory to have massive infighting Waaaghs, and with each one the winner will be an even bigger variant of Ork until they are all as big and powerful as Krorks
>Eventually this will give rise to a new Beast-like entity who will grant the orks enhanced intelligence
>Eternal Ork Empire reigns and spreads across every inch of the Universe accomplishing more than 'Umies, Panzees, or Greyskins ever could
>>
>>51982927
>You can be the big spoon
>>
>>51983102

Pretty much. Though nidzilla felt viable against people on a casual level before they fucked up intervening model cover for MCs. Now there's literally nothing but the monobuild.
>>
>>51983080
>>51983102
I just want a good reason to spam little gribblies...
>>
>>51983167
Reminder that PrimeOrk fluff is wank.
>>
>>51983167
>Indestructible spores
>Nids can eat them

ebin
>>
File: 1487615153879.gif (1MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
1487615153879.gif
1MB, 359x202px
>>51983127
>hurr hurr only muh alt right boogeyman says cuck
6/10 I replied
>>
>>51982840
ok ive gone through the posts. What exactly are the options? The familiar he mistook that he couldnt take it, its listed in battlescribe even so i guess he doesnt use it. Fine.
He even wrote that he apparently needs to read up on the rules, and you kept saying "read the rules". Saying that he can roll all powers on biomancy/telepathy didnt really help.
Perhaps read your own posts again?
>>
>So many people defending WAAC tactics and people
>trying to turn it on people calling it out to make them seem like WAACfags

I'm worried what percentage of /tg/ would be legit fun people to play 40k with
>>
>>51983138
Let's pretend that you're right and that I'm just baiting you. A stretch, I know, but just bear with me. Why the fuck would you bother responding at all? Just ignore me. Don't respond. Don't post yet another reply, gloating about how you're going to totally stop feeding me (You)'s, just, y'know, after this last one. Just stop.

Anyways, you don't roast someone when they're down, it's just not how it works. Maybe you mean something else, but you're the one coming across as a socially retarded That Guy.
>>
>>51983193
>alt right boogieman
>dying political movement is the Scariest b8 in the ocean
That was pretty funny, tell another one anon
>>
>>51982683

I'd say use HoR over GW KT because it allows things like Terminators. GW KT doesn't allow 2+ saves of any kind, and has a few more unit restrictions.
>>
>>51983197
I think the problem was that he was complaining about people being douches when losing, theres two ways to interpret that. Either as being a waacfag or playing against annoying people.
I never play random pickups, i have a board at home and people come to me. I wouldnt survive out there with dirty neckbeards touching my models...
>>
>>51983197
30%, considering how many people here throw shitfits, constantly post bait and are generally assholes.
>>
>>51983193
Just the easiest image I had on hand expressing my distaste for buzzwords friend.

But if you don't think cuck wouldn't be plastered everywhere without /pol/ making it their insult du juor you have other issues.
>>
>>51983195
>What exactly are the options?
>The familiar
Answered your own question there.

> you kept saying "read the rules"
Correct, but in response to a different line of his text. Because he made another mistake.

> Saying that he can roll all powers on biomancy/telepathy didnt really help.
You're as illiterate as he is. I didn't say that he could roll ALL his powers on Biomancy/Telepathy. I said he should roll all AVAILABLE powers on Biomancy/Telepathy.
>>
>>51983261

haha you write worse than gw, gj i didnt think it was possible. Thanks for the timely faq ^_^
>>
>>51983216
Okay, I'll give one last try because I don't wanna be a cunt, and I'll use the anecdote I was specifically referencing

>be me
>I have a friend who I always play
>he is very very good and beats me about 70% of the time
>we are pretty good friends
>it is very common for us to give friendly jabs to eachother and fuck with eachother
>"are you gonna get tabled like last time"
>"I don't care if you see my list before the tourney, you can't do anything about it"
>"dude you're so mad you only rolled 3 ones out of five dice"
> one time I went to the bathroom and he turned every infantry model I had backwards
>he goes to the bathroom next and I switch his farseer to a different jetbike that's painted wrong and it takes him like five minutes to realize it
>this is very very common and we do it all the time, we are good friends and hang out outside of 40k
>if I loose he'll pat himself on the back a bit and talk about how at this moment or this moment is where I lost
>if I win he sulks for a bit and if I start talking that kinda shit he puffs out his chest and starts talking about what should have statistically happened here or there, and you have to kinda victory dance in your head otherwise he tries to interrupt it with how you got lucky or something

Idk if people like this are common or if it's just me, now you have the right to say I'm still in the wrong of course, I'm not perfect, but I think if you come back and say I'm a totally just asshole in this situation I'm really thinking you're just looking to pick a fight and I'm just gonna ignore you
>>
Are chaos spawn a good auxiliary to bring? Feel they would be easily ignored or I can hide them behind some rhinos until it's time for them to charge.
>>
>>51983197
I asked for some fluffy lists that people run so I could see the story behind the units picked...Instead I just get responses from people saying it was dumb to request and this general is for netlists and tournament players.

So glad my meta doesn't reflect WAAC fags.
>>
I want to play but I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars. What can I do?
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 1500pts(2).jpg (283KB, 900x1041px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 1500pts(2).jpg
283KB, 900x1041px
Someone throw some good IW lists at me, alternatively R8 mine.
>>
File: not this shit again.png (69KB, 197x212px) Image search: [Google]
not this shit again.png
69KB, 197x212px
>>51982479
I once saw a STORE MANAGER like that.
>Fluffy salamanders army
>Brags about how playing a fluffy army with a little bit of everything is best
>Stomps all over newbie armies and brags about beating them
>try a game vs him with mixed daemons
>enthusiasm drains from him
>sighs loudly when my KoS eats his captain
>complains when my plague bearers beat his assault marines because "I didn't model them with an eather blade"
>sighs when I tell him you dont hit chariots rear armour in combat and he's forced to try and glance my skull cannon with krak
>whined about how unbalanced the psychic phase is and how non-psykers only deny witchfires on 6s

Later on he was playing a new comer to the store and told him off for playing a mechanized guard list.
He was saying that it's unfair and "that guyish" to bring all vehicles to game because he didn't have enough AT to crack open the transports.
>>
>>51983342
Their usefulness starts and ends with exactly what you said

They are cheap and good for backlining objectives and charging any vehicals that get too close, later in the game they can sprint across the map to get linebreaker or charge a very weakened unit or vehical

>t. I play csm at least twice a week
>>
>>51983307
Once again, my posts on this have been clear. He, and you, just can't read for shit. Which isn't exactly uncommon. Tons of the shitposting here is the result of one or more people failing to accurately read a post.
>>
>>51983350
Don't spend hundreds of dollars, get small army.

Nothing forces you to spend money.
>>
File: 1448349866623.jpg (162KB, 557x800px) Image search: [Google]
1448349866623.jpg
162KB, 557x800px
>>51983350

Use ebay to find cheaper deals and strip the paints, also craigslist for local deals

get a 6x4" Plywood board and use it as a game board

look up cheap methods for gaming on YT.

If you get desperate, just use bits of paper to pretend are models.
>>
>>51983332
How long did you use the bathroom?
>>
>>51983332
Not an asshole, just a moron. Nowhere in that post do you describe roasting. The jive-talk mentioned at the beginning might qualify, but talking about what went wrong post-game sure as shit isn't a roast.

Post-game discussion of what each player did wrong is sorely lacking in most communities. It's the only way to grow as a player.
>>
>>51983380
Not long.
I took a big fat shit in the corner of the game store, grunting and straining as loud as I could while I did it.
>>
>>51983365
Would they be good with a Nurgle mark or should they go bare?
>>
>>51983350
>Buy a start collecting box and some paint for A little more than a new vidya
>paint some dudes that you think look cool, don't worry about rules or anything else
>do this at a game store so you can see if you like the atmosphere
>watch people play some games, if they seem friendly ask a couple questions just don't crowd them
>play a small practice game just to see what it feels like to roll dice

Do all this and you'll be hooked if 40k is right for you
>>
>>51982479
I know exactly what you mean, one of my "friends" plays a riptide wing with some pathfinder and drone support among other things. If you manage to take out the drones or the pathfinders he basically stops being interested in the game as a whole and starts actively making attempts to make the rest of the game as dreadful as possible. Mind you I play fucking swarm nids and this retard thinks they're op because he lets his support get slammed by my gaunts.
>>
>>51983405
I've only seen spawn do anything when it's hiding and not getting shot at, if someone gives it attention it dies no matter what mark it has, I'd keep it cheap but like I said i don't play chaos
>>
>>51983417
>people playing armies that are way better than yours but are just too stupid so they still loose and then complain

Why is this so common?
>>
>>51983180
Here's a good reason: it's fun and you want to do it
>>
>>51983436
Confirmation bias coupled with lots of fabricated stories online from people that rarely if ever play.
>>
>>51983447
>/tg/
>>
>>51982927
I'm going to go to ground on your cadian gate until it explodes.
>>
>>51983445
>it's fun
Eh. Ehhhh. Ehhhhhhhhhhh. It's a lot of models to assemble, and paint, and move, but they will often accomplish very little. Swarms of Boyz or Gaunts can be fun when they do well, but it gets old real quick watching scores of your lovingly assembled dudesmen get slaughtered by the enemy before getting to do anything and watching the survivors tear themselves apart because GW doesn't care about your faction.
>>
>>51983457
Pretty much. A composite view of 40k as seen through this general's posts only vaguely resembles real Warhammer 40k.
>>
>>51983436
Because people netlist without understanding the game. When you play objectively Bad armies or left to rot for so long you end learning a bunch of tricks and things to make the game go on thier favour.
>>
>>51983436
Good armies can't supplant good tactics, with the rare exception
>>
>>51983022
Nice army anon, hope you get a game.
>>
>>51983489
>>51983522
>>51983436
>tfw I play guard
>tfw I win our local game stories tounraments consistently
>tfw I beat stuff like wolf star, skatbikes, riptidewing, and ravenwing
>tfw everyone at my game store thinks guard is one of the best armies in the game and is top tier
>tfw I've seen the tourney results
>tfw you're army is totally outclassed by a FW army
>tfw you know you only win because of great fundamentals and understand of your army combined with half the serious players running netlists
>>
>>51982248
>tfw even after your twin dies they can stay with you as you pilot a giant Fucking war machine
Nice eldar privilege you got there
>>
>>51983445
>>51983475
I'd like to at least have a way to make it effective.
>>
File: IMG_8869.png (256KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8869.png
256KB, 500x333px
>>51983576
>>
>>51983586
If you're running nids just run a ton of endless swarms
>>
>>51982586
Autists BTFO
>>
>>51982895
I play imperial and my two buddies are tau and eldar. This pic never fails to rustle Jimmies
>>
>>51982927
Are you still mad at Horus? Its been like 10000 years
>>
>>51983167
Orks have already won
>in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war
>>
File: Free remora.png (725KB, 543x569px) Image search: [Google]
Free remora.png
725KB, 543x569px
Did any other Tau bros know you get a free remora with every hammerhead purchase?
Sorry for shit quality...
>>
>>51983575
Prime example of how easy things can be abuse into your favour without actually going over board like the skuba marines.
Is the Exorcist, you need to see the body of the tank. While the tank shoots from the weapon. Since the Exorcist has this long as tubes as its weapon it can shoot from any part of it.
You can perfectly hide the tank behind Rhino size cover blocking line of sight to it, but still shoot out due to the weapon rule.

Asshole move in casual game thou
>>
File: Captain.jpg (161KB, 682x724px) Image search: [Google]
Captain.jpg
161KB, 682x724px
badass
>>
>>51983653
implying women ever forgive anything
>>
>>51983653
Horus murdered me and sanguinius, so yeah I'm still a bit salty
>>
Ever done a Planetary Onslaught campaign from the book? It looks pretty fluffy and fun.
>>
File: 456435453453.jpg (338KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
456435453453.jpg
338KB, 1024x682px
>Aeldari
>>
File: IMG_8853.jpg (28KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8853.jpg
28KB, 396x396px
>>51983767
>I2
>>
>>51983785
Aeldari are initiative 5.
>>
>>51983678
No you cant because Skyray is actually a good tank and Hammerhead isnt anymore.
>>
>>51983803
Sorry I thought we were just shitposting
>>
>>51983813
We are but we're specifically shitposting about Aeldari.

Please keepi Ashitpost on topici.
>>
>>51983332
Sounds like he was trying not to be upset and you were being insensitive senpai
>>
Standings for my first ever tournament which I played in last weekend, most of us rusty on the game or entirely new.

9th - Skitarii
8th - Aeldari (Harlequins/Ynnari)
7th - Dark Eldar
6th - Adeptus Sororitas
6th - Blood Angels
5th - Chaos Space Marines (World Eaters)
4th - Chaos Space Marines (World Eaters) This one being myself
3rd -Tau (Farsight Enclave)
2nd - Aeldari (Craftworld Eldar/Ynnari)
1st - Necrons
(two players at 6th due to a tie on victory points)

Was pretty surprised by how I did. Learnt a lot of shit I never knew before due to having played most of my games against an asswipe who'd get pissy if I so much as looked in my rulebook or ask a question.
All in all v fun, although I'd like to see at least a slightly higher point limit over 1K next time
>>
>>51983807
yeah but I don't like skyrays
Also I was under the impression that Ion cannon hammerheads were passable
>>
File: Chapters.jpg (257KB, 1708x641px) Image search: [Google]
Chapters.jpg
257KB, 1708x641px
back when only 4 chapters existed
>>
>trying to think of a Space Marine army using the models I have currently
>can only come up with footslogging ones
Someone just kill me
>>
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

If this MEGA oink working for anyone else? Because it's broken on my end
>>
>>51983887
World eaters are fun as FUCK now, but you kind of have to bank on getting 1st turn charges. This is not necessarily a bad thing; people will get pissy about it but you aren't going to table them and the whole "oh fuck can he actually make that 15" charge? OH THANK GOD HE ROLLED A 4" upsets are hilarious.
>>
>>51983895
>Also I was under the impression that Ion cannon hammerheads were passable
Nah. Go skyray or go home. They are best AA-tanks in the game due having multipurpose.
>>
>>51983039
We had to modify the rules for our last escalation league because a nid player was bringing 2 flyrants at 500 points.
>>
File: Void_Spinner.jpg (34KB, 560x219px) Image search: [Google]
Void_Spinner.jpg
34KB, 560x219px
>>51983167

>Cannot be permanently destroyed, will always come back, indestructible spores
>Laughing Biel-Tanian whores
>>
>>51983167

Well, they have Gargants in the very high millions.
>>
>>51983925
I managed 1st turn charges in all of my three games, oft with the majority of my army. Being that it was capture the relic mission from the rule book that was kinda easy though. Starting T1 already in the middle of the table was always funny though.

Hoping for a points increase next time, and if it's to 1850 for the no fliers restriction to drop. I want to field a Raptor Talon and Heldrake Terror Pack alongside my berzerker blob
>>
anyone plays here VASSAL or everyone already has moved to TTS?
>>
>>51982749
>>51982783
Low energy Guard players are so sad. It's honestly Mech Guard players that are like that. Any Guard player with at least 60+ Infantry doesn't mind taking lots of hits because there's so much left. I don't mind when my vehicles die because I still have my blobs and they don't usually get deleted fast.

Mech Guard on the other hand, their Chimeras die and then it's a slow and painful crushing of shitty 10 man squads out in the open.
>>
>>51984079
Thanks for this info, now I know how to really take a shit on the mech guard players I know
>>
File: Sailor Soldiers by shabomu.png (4MB, 700x3106px) Image search: [Google]
Sailor Soldiers by shabomu.png
4MB, 700x3106px
>>51982927

Ok celestine we know that you are Usagi Serinty's reincarnation, now stop fangirling
>>
>>51983594

>Eva Shit in my 40k

KNIGHT PALADINS OF THE MOBILE SUIT MECHANICUS!

I call upon thee for a xeno purge
>>
>>51983167
Couldn't the Necrons just destroy the atmosphere of every planet they come across to easily defeat the Greenskins?
>>
File: Space Marines 1,000.png (152KB, 899x677px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marines 1,000.png
152KB, 899x677px
Imperial Fists?
>>
>>51984245
>your anime about depressing teens in war is terrible
>but this anime about depressing teens in a war is better
>check out my totally legit warscythe ;>)
>>
>>51984322
Eva isn't a war

It's monster of the week kaiju.

Still it is pretty dumb.
>>
>>51984282
Necrons can pretty much pull any magic science out of their ass to win any war, they have a dude who time travels
>>
>>51983575
That's the weird feeling when you realize you're just a big fish in a small pond and out there you wouldn't be the same powerhouse.

Are you the guy who uses 50 Conscripts and 50 Infantry with Lascannons? If so, I've been using 2 blobs of 40 to great use. Made my games a lot better.
>>
>>51983678
Are those armored sentinel conversions?
>>
>>51984347
I'm actually considering hitting up a tourney in Prague when I go to Europe this summer, and I know I'll just get my shit pushed in by actually good players, still would be a fun experience

>I wish there were more east coast United States tourneys
>>
>>51982927
*Tips Custodes helmet*

...M'lady
>>
>>51984379
Yeah I think that would be a great idea. I mean you've played against the powerhouse units, so you know how to take them down properly. You could do better than you think. You might catch people off guard because you're playing Guard well.

What kind of list are you thinking of bringing?
>>
>>51982927
She even has those Brothers of Battle as her bodyguards
>>
>>51984429
Emperors wrath, a CAD with pask and two wyvern squadrons of two plus some objective grabbing chimera vets, support all that with a void shield generator, coteaz, and some psykers

It does really well against jetbikes because I have a lot of S9 AP3 pie plates, but sucks against stuff like monster mash and flying spam

>it could be better if I made a few FW purchases
>>
File: lewdempress.jpg (6KB, 201x250px) Image search: [Google]
lewdempress.jpg
6KB, 201x250px
>>51982940
>>51983003
>>51983174
>>51983461
>>51983653
>>51984209
>>51984409

Show your Empress how deep your love is!
>>
>>51982878
Oh yes. Know one who runs 5 exorsists and every rhino is instead the forgeworld super rhino with 5 fire points and av 13.
>>
>>51984498
Do you think the CAD would work better as a Castellans? Respawning chimeravets sounds strong and you're planning on Coteaz anyway.
>>
File: IMG_5812.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5812.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>51982123
>The Lepidus of the Astartes Triumverate is a GK
>laughing Pullo.jpg
>>
>>51984597
Well the optimum build would be to take the castellans, then ally a cad with earthshaker artillery and such so you're getting ignores cover pie plates at a much cheaper rate than emperors wrath

>the only issue with that is it would be about $400-500 of resin
>>
>>51984601
I hate getting teased with tiny snippets of that bottom piece of art.
>>
>>51984545
Just 5? Does he enjoy getting table turn 1?

Really? Repressor the 75 point transport is broken now? Oh wow
>>
>>51984379
Be careful with how you transport your dudes anon, you don't want to find yourself frantically running about shops trying to google translate the Czech word for polystyrene cement.
>>
>>51984498
Sounds fun. I've always loved Lemans so I usually take about 4 including Pask. I've started to really appreciate artillery though, so I think I'll have to drop some Lemans and do some Emperor's Wrath.
>>
I loveto run my ork Walker list, /tg/, but I have a huge problem. It's either bring it and stomp the player who is just not prepared for 13+ walkers, or let them know ahead of time so they can take an effective list and get shot off the board turn 2. What do I do.

Also I played a marine dread heavy list similar to mine and lost badly due to i4 a i2. Why did they give them the same base attacks as ork dreads again?
>>
>>51984692
Yes it is. There is such a thing as av 13 spam with melta and flamers everywhere. Good luck chewing thru ten if those and 5 exorcists.
>>
>>51983807
Skyray is amazing but the Hammerhead is still a solid tank-killer. The issue is that vehicles just aren't meta right now, so being one of the best ones doesn't mean anything.
>>
File: 1486529830003.jpg (39KB, 480x459px) Image search: [Google]
1486529830003.jpg
39KB, 480x459px
>>51983908
Kay
>>
>>51984359
Yeah my friend made them, just a scout sentinel with a bit of plasticard
>>
>>51984774
How the fuck can you even field five exorcists
>>
>>51983921
>Oink little piggy
>>
>>51984692
Contrary to popular opinion, SoB actually isnt bad. Battlesisters are solid troops, Dominions with Immolators are nasty and Exorcist is scary to all big things. They just fail miserably against all Tier1 armies.
>>
>>51984795
Cute cute.
>>
Slaanesh is going to die and there's nothing you can do about it
>>
>>51984812
>Contrary to popular opinion
I'm pretty sure that the popular opinion is that SoB are a solid middle tier army that just needs a couple plastic kits and a 7e style rules make-over. There are just some very vocal SoB "players" that whine a lot.
>>
>>51984796
2 CAD?
ofc 10 repressors AND 5 exorcists are a tad too many points for a normal game.
>>
>>51983093
Die in a fire you putrescent milksop
>>
File: images (4).jpg (11KB, 245x338px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
11KB, 245x338px
>>51984146
>Anon said mech guard suck
>So you suck
>HAHA
Does it sound good when you re-read what you wrote?
>>
>>51984841
The popular opinion on SoB is probably "wait they exist?"
>>
>>51984744
You're Orks. The army considered worst by almost everyone. Don't tell people. Stomp them. Then if you play again they will be prepared.

I know you're not used to shitting on people, but if this is working for you, roll with it until it doesn't work anymore. This is your time to be the guy to beat.
>>
File: img577be73675714.jpg (1MB, 700x5600px) Image search: [Google]
img577be73675714.jpg
1MB, 700x5600px
>>51984860
I'm just massively annoyed by sisterfags here on tg. Probably not the only one.
>>
>>51984379
>Implying just because you are in another country, everyone will be super good
Okay, I am done with 40KG today.
>>
>>51984859
I think you're the one who should re-read.
>>
>>51984841
Vocal non SoB players
Actual SoB players love tableing Necrons the so called top tier from the mid. By turn 3-4

>>51984796
2 CADs or Castellans do you even play 40k?

But having more than 3 is odd as fuck
>>
>>51984796
the bigger question is:
How the fuck do you carry them?
>>
>>51984889
There's like one guy who complains that Celestine isn't an SoB model.
I just like to imagine them fucking everything that moves and building lists and collecting the miniatures.
>>51984905
I've only played three or four games of 7th edition, when I was young we got one FoC and that was our lot
>>
>>51984892
>going to a large Tournement that will be giving ITC points
>expect people who are willing to pay money and travel to Prague for 2 days are probably pretty dedicated 40k players

I guess logic is herasy now
>>
>>51982878
Don't be fooled by this board, Sisters are really solid right now.
Celestine, 3x Dominions with meltas in immos,
Fill with troop spam. You don't need anything from elite or heavy to win.
>>
File: Cypher.jpg (298KB, 1145x851px) Image search: [Google]
Cypher.jpg
298KB, 1145x851px
I like the idea of Cypher being back into the action.

I honestly thought they had forgotten him, or was reduced to a second-level antihero/villain
>>
>>51984892
I think you might be retarded.
>>
>>51984841
I play sisters and say nothing but how solid they are...yet to see one of these mythical sisters whiners.
>>
>>51984925
>only played 4 games of 40k in 2 years
>constantly see people on the thread that haven't played since like 5th
does anyone on /tg/ actually play 40k?
>>
>>51984925
The Celestine not a SoB meme is just that a meme.

It comes from the silly situation of Celestine preventing SoB from using AoF

Also come on double CAD is not a strange concept if you actually read the rulebook.

I can give you the Castellan because FoC is shit
>>
>>51984889
There's two kinds of sister fags. The ones who actually play the army and have every right to shit post as you. And the ones who don't own a single of their models and just want to wank off at fan art. The latter is the real problem since they have zero clue how a SoB army performs
>>
>>51984955
There are a bunch of people that post "r8" my SoB list. Usually they are so bad that even non SoB players get trigger
>>
>>51984963
No.
>>
>>51984963
I had a pause since the very onset of 7th edition, I'm now getting back into it. Looking to have lots of games once my other 500 points of models arrive. I do have about 1,500 points of both guardsmen and space marines too though.
>>51984987
Just because I want to use my standard bearer and storm bolter models doesn't mean I'm trolling when I put them in my list.
>>
>>51984963
I play I just don't know how technology works so I never post battle reps or army lists and just come here mostly to bitch about eldar
>>
Hey guys, I decided on my next army.
A tau KROOT army
Any ideas how to start, what units to focus on and how they work? I only want to useKROOT
Is it possible to do it with only 4 units? The forgeworld ones are OOP, but theyre relatively cheap.
>>
>>51984944

He should've stayed forgotten. He's fan fiction tier.
>>
>>51984963
People here do a lot of theory and math hammer and use that as proof that an army or unit is good or bad. They also look at tournament results and go by that. I don't know many here who consistently play outside of GGA and a few other imperium guys. Modeling and painting is easier for people here because you can do it alone.

I also think there's lots of people here from countries that don't have a gw or it's far away and they can't play unless they make a big trip out of it which is expensive and not easy.
>>
>>51984963
i do though not much atm, coz i am rather fed up with all the usrs handed out like candy.
last shit was white scar centurions having hit and run so i could not prevent them from shooting by getting into melee.
>>
>>51984944
DA about to be kicked out of the Imperium Super Friends treehouse
>>
>>51983110
>Warhammer is fun! Just turn your brain off, bro!
>>
File: Bez tytułu.png (5MB, 2784x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Bez tytułu.png
5MB, 2784x1032px
So I painted my LatD command squad. I know, the quality of both the photo and the modelling is poor, and I know, moldlines, but I noticed those too late.
>>
>>51985049
i dont know you can use the old kroot named char HQ anymore.
kroot squad with krootox are not bad, but you lack answers to high AV and 2+models as well as AA

unless you model some tau stuff with kroot pilots
>>
File: question kot.png (325KB, 382x417px) Image search: [Google]
question kot.png
325KB, 382x417px
Are Eldar/Human hybrids a thing in this universe?
>>
>>51985095
Yes
>>
>>51985062
They're not going to kick them out any more than Ynnari got rid of regular Eldar. They're just going to flesh out Fallen as a full Faction so you can play DA as loyal or traitor.

Whether it's the Fallen or the Chapter that are the traitors remains to be seen
>>
File: 1465839150751.jpg (53KB, 638x475px) Image search: [Google]
1465839150751.jpg
53KB, 638x475px
>>51985080

I think you've got bigger things to worry about then moldlines
>>
>>51984963
i haven't played my eldar yet (i got all the models i want for 1k but i at least wanna put magnets on everything and have them painted for their first game) but i played at least 8 games last year with my daemons
>>
>>51985095
probably not

there was some fluff about them, but it was in the 1987 rogue trader book and i never read anything about them since.

*Some weird haemunculus contraptions dont count ofc
>>
>>51984146
mech guard isn't as great as it used to be. back in 5th when vehicles were almost invincible and chimeras had 5 fire points? That's when Melta/demo vets in chimeras were unstoppable. Oh and orders could give you TL vs vehicles.
>>
File: half eldar.jpg (394KB, 1070x1258px) Image search: [Google]
half eldar.jpg
394KB, 1070x1258px
>>51985095
here's an oop source from 1st edition
>>
>>51985105
I know.
my wife left me and took the kids but at least I can paint some models and have fun with making shitty nurgle conversion with green stuff
>>
>>51985076
To be fair 40k is rather brain dead of game.
>>
>>51984971
>and have every right to shit post
no

people who play the army are fine
people who play the army and act like it's some kind of fucking cross to bear can kill themselves
>>
>>51985138
always remember:
nurgle loves you, son
>>
>>51985095
I had heard they had them in Comorragh for obvious reasons but I'm not sure where.
>>
>>51985095
They were in the older lore but they've been said to be pretty much impossible since in Xenology.

Then again it's 40k so it's probably a thing.
>>
>>51985132
>human mother
I'd prefer if it was a female Eldar getting the geneseed.
>>
>>51984971
No, I play SoB. The only shitposting I ever do regarding SoB is the Celestine things mostly because I find it funny and it triggers people.

In every day game that stupid thing is just ignore and play AoF as nothing happen.
>>
File: Nurgbeard.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Nurgbeard.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>51985175
Papa is pretty much the best god for me now. He feeds of despair, but also gives his followers a sense of kinship. I really want to be a nurgle cultist now.
>>
>>51983908
who would've thought the four best/most interesting chapters would have been the first four?
>>
>>51985240
dont believe the troll
the first chapter was crimson fists
>>
>>51985132
>half eldar ultramarine who served two years as a dark angel and is considered old at 76

times sure have changed
>>
Going to bring some models to paint as I wait in line for a switch
>>
>>51985121
Those were the days. I miss them sometimes. Power Weapon blobs were also way better back in 5th. Commissar and 5 Sergeants with Power Weapons that couldn't be gotten to until you cut through tons of dudes. Straken giving Furious Charge for S4 I4 Power Weapons so you could be hitting like Marines on the charge. No overwatch. What a time.

Mech Guard is pretty bad now I feel like. Sure you have slightly more mobility than foot Guard, but you're way more fragile and most of the time you want to be shooting your special weapons so you're only going to be moving 6". On paper, Chimera Vets sound good, but they are so easily rendered useless. They are consistently the worst units I've played in this edition.

Right now it's Emperor's Wrath, Wyvern, psychic powers, Infantry Squad blobs with heavy weapons, Conscripts and Pask that are my top performing units. I feel from hearing other people talk about them too that they are having the same results as I am.
>>
What faction do you play and what is your favorite faction to fight with your army?
>>
>>51982800
what a fucking great Idea to make a tournament out of dice rolls. At least the prices are as shitty as most players, unlike some other RNG determined games.
>>
>>51985334
I play Orkz, my favorite faction to fight is muhrines of any kind really.

It's nice to have an opponent want to get into melee with you, but isn't horrifyingly better than you in it.
>>
>>51985049
>Is it possible to do it with only 4 units?
Not really.
Carnivores are trash. They're one of the codex's two Sniper options (not that Sniper doesn't need a hard rework) and one of the few units that can outflank, but they're fucking T3 6+ Ld7 and their weapon is fucking S4 AP6 with 6" less than a Pulse Rifle on top of that. That means they don't hit hard and you'll be removing them off the table by the handful. And at WS4 S3 I3 A1 they're not doing anything in melee, even with twenty models. Krootox Riders are okay, but at 25 points a piece on top of the Carnivore tax, they're overcosted to the point of being unusable.

The FW units are shit, just like everything else in IA3 short of the Tetra. Herd Riders are just Carnivores with +1T, +1W, and slightly better melee at a 19 point premium. Both flavors of Greater Knarlocs are melee units that have zero survivability options or ways to actually get into melee, and they all come with stupid rules that are literally 100% negative. Why do Goaded Knarlocs occasionally eat their Goads at no benefit? Why do they need to take a morale check at the start of every turn if they lose all their Goads? Did FW think the Goaded Knarloc was going to be so overpowered as to need that? The Mounted Knarloc comes with a gun, at least, but it's just a Krootox gun at four times the points. Christ.

You didn't mention Vespids but I'll tell you they're shit too. They look like an okay MEQ answer on paper, with their S5 AP3 on a Jump character, but at 25 points a model a Crisis Suit team will double a Vespid's damage on a tougher, more maneuverable unit for the same price. The only thing it has going for it is I6, but oh ho ho they're S3 with no melee weapon, one attack each, and fucking WS3. They even have lower Ld than fucking Drones. Way to go, GW.
>>
>>51985334
GK, Tau, and DEldar.

I LOVE playing against my bud's IG. It's ALWAYS a fun match.
>>
File: 1487657938174.png (52KB, 171x154px) Image search: [Google]
1487657938174.png
52KB, 171x154px
Aight, /40kg/. What do I kit my crisis suits out with to play against Grey Knights and Blood Angels? I feel like a mix of fusion blasters and plasma cannons would work well, but I have no idea what to do for the remaining system. Dakka? Drones? Sick-ass shades?
>>
>>51983887
If two players are at 6th, then the next is at 8th, not 7th.
>>
>>51985334
I have marines, imperial guard and SoB. My local meta has CSM, Space Wolves, Grey Knights, Tau and Orks. So far I've only played the CSM, Grey Knights and one random game against Deldar and the CSM guy was the best sport about it. It could have been because we agreed on a certain "power level" for the game before hand though. I'm horrified of facing the Space Wolves because the guy is the worst kind of tournament player and the GK/Tau player holds a grudge against me because I bought a Knight against him and it alone destroyed most of his army. I had no idea it would be so powerful and have ever since left the Knight at home in shame.
>>
>>51985372
when in doubt
early warning override
prevents you from getting droppoded at only 5pts/dude

against ba&gk its kind of a dick move
>>
>>51985324
>not bringing a table so you can play 40k while you wait
>>
>>51985356

>The FW units are shit, just like everything else in IA3 short of the Tetra

And people wondered why the Tau needed more LOWs.
>>
>>51984518
Ummm sir errrrrr mam, you should put some clothes on.
>>
File: luscious lucius.jpg (96KB, 960x725px) Image search: [Google]
luscious lucius.jpg
96KB, 960x725px
>>51982248
fret not little eldar, your kind still have sooo many uses
>>
>>51985405
I'll be playing against buds, so I'd rather not optimise too hard.
>>
>>51985095
Yes you can fantasize about human plowing eldar women and having half breed children and making her happier than she ever was among her own kind
>>
>>51985452
then dont take anything. point costs do add up rather fast
>>
>>51985304
they kind of haven't, which is why you'll only see a couple of bits from RT posted ad nauseum

40k as it is today was basically all settled before RT finished its run.
>>
>>51985333
Those were the days when vendettas and hydras were must-haves.

Another problem with mech guard (for me anyway) is vehicle explosions are more destructive to models not embarked, S4 instead of 3 now, which can hurt melta vets a lot.
I still like taking a squad of plasma vets with grenadiers/forward sentries but no transport.
>>
>>51985372
Farsight Enclave.
Fusion Commander.
Six units of Crisis Suits, three models each. One with Fusion. Five with Plasma.
Two Skyray.

This puts you at 1299 points, leaving you with 551 to spend on anything.
Pick between:
>A Riptide wing with EWO on two of them
>Missilesides with EWO
>Optimized Stealth with Homing Beacon and Tetras in the CAD (EWO on the Ghostkeels)
>A Stormsurge (with EWO)
And use any remaining points to load EWO on your Crisis Suits.

If you sneak a peek and see he's not bringing any Grav, slap as many Y'vahras on the table as you can. I've never seen a codex get so hard countered by a single unit.

Don't forget your Talisman :^)
>>
Going to my first serious tournament (local, but there's some people who go to shit like NOVA there) soon. The list builder with pics in the OP isn't working, and battlescribe looks like shit with Marines, so I'll be transcribing. How's this look? I currently only own 3 Grav-Cannon marines.

1850 Gladius Strike Force (White Scars)

Battle Company:
2x 5 Assault Marines w/ HB Razorback: 140
Dev squad w/ Lascannons and Drop Pod: 150
Dev squad w/ Heavy Bolters and Drop Pod: 110
Dreadnought w/ 2x TLAC and Drop Pod: 120
Dreadnought w/ HF/MM and Drop Pod: 100
Kor'Sarro Khan: 125
Chaplain w/ Hunter's Eye: 110
3x Tactical Marines w/ Grav-Cannon and Rhino: 315
2x Tactical Marines w/ Plasma and Laserback: 210
Tactical Marines w/ Grav and Laserback: 105

Suppression Force:
Land speeder w/ Multi-Melta: 55
3 Whirlwinds: 195

Assassinorum Operative:
Culexus Assassin: 145

1850 on the nose, can engage flyers (Hunter's Eye + Lascannon/HBs), hordes (HBs + Whirlwinds), Psykers (Culexus), heavyes (Lascannons), and heavy infantry (Grav/Plas)
>>
>>51985439

this is the first Lucius pic I've seen outside his bio pic. Named CSM aren't photogenic I guess
>>
>>51985095
No because a human wouldn't be able to figure out how the incredibly complex eldar reproductive system works and probably break their dick
>>
>>51985526
Not photogenic? I kept staring at that pic for a looong time.

In my opinion, Lucius is one the most scariest motherfuckers in 40k universe. Text-To-Speak, normally being fun and jolly, pretty much only made him scarier. Those poor guardsmen in that bunker...
>>
>>51985490
I mean, maybe I might take a missile pod on the Shas'Vre for a bit of dedicated anti-tank, and leave the others empty for the moment.
I'll run a plasma and fusion on each, I reckon.
>>
File: 1485259383525.png (38KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
1485259383525.png
38KB, 500x314px
>>51985570
STAB ME IN THE BACK!
>>
>>51985570
I don't get why he's not talked about more. He's virtually invincible. He could probably take down multiple Primarchs.
>>
>>51985570
just throw him into a cement truck
problem solved

checkmate chaos
>>
>>51985508
>Y'vahras
To be fair those things murder everything and everyone that isn't a gargantuan creature.
>>
Are Rhinos/Razorbacks really worth it? I've got a lot of DA and BA infantry, but I find that most of my footsloggers are fine at soaking up shots as they trudge forward, and I drop extra points into deep striking units that I save by not taking Rhinos/Razorbacks.

I have one of each of these transport tanks, but I just guess I want to know if there's any reason to field them? I most play 1K point games, sometimes 1250. Are they more prevalent in higher point games?

School me bubs.
>>
>>51985597
I think primarchs could probably resists the curse of Lucius's armor with their bullshit-marysue powers.
>>
>>51982927
Well fuck me.
>>
>>51985334
I play Guard. My favorite armies to fight in no order are

>Orkz
I like close range fighting and so do Orkz. They usually bring themselves to me and I move towards the middle to meet them. Orkz are fun to shoot and fun to fight with. I will usually list tailor some by adding Straken for some Furious Charge vs Furious Charge.
>Space Marines
They always bring themselves to me either in rapid fire range or for me to tarpit them. None of the Marine players around here are super shitty to play against, so it's nice. Drop pod armies bring themselves to me so that's fun too.
>Tyranids
I love that my Lasguns can hurt everything in their army. It makes doing FRFSRF so much more fun to see how much damage I can do. It's also fun because they usually have massive Gant blobs so we can do some blob on blob combat. Also fun seeing how much my Conscripts can do against huge monsters.
>Chaos Marines that have a more melee focus
I like raining artillery on them and then rushing in with my blobs. If I know I'm going to be fighting CSM that do melee, I will list tailor slightly by dropping something to bring Straken. That way it's more fun for us both as we both want to go to fist town.

My least favorite are Alpha strike armies because they are really boring. It's not fun losing a bunch of your army turn 1. MSU armies are also eh. It's not fun killing dinky little 5 man squads. I want to fight MCs, deathstars, other blobs and stuff like that in excessive close quarters combat.

>>51985507
I have those same problems too. Losing not only a Vet squad, but the 8 Conscripts nearby is obnoxious. I too have had better results from Vets with camo gear and no transport.
>>
>>51985621
BA razorbacks are VERY good, give them lascannons and plasma guns and you can initial D your way around the table blasting people.
>>
File: Avenging Son.jpg (1MB, 1348x998px) Image search: [Google]
Avenging Son.jpg
1MB, 1348x998px
>>51985597
He is jobber, that weakling lost to second-hand son of horus and raven guard. Guilliman could undo his curse easily by sheer badassery.
>>
File: 1487038240912.png (255KB, 496x479px) Image search: [Google]
1487038240912.png
255KB, 496x479px
>>51985637
>Vulkan kills Lucius
>Brainghost Ferrus possesses Lucius' corpse and turns it into Handless Mannus
Move over, Abaddon
There's a new warmaster in town
And his name is DOOMRIDER
>>
>>51985574
i would not take different weapons for the same crisis suit.
normally you want to use the weapons for different targets, so shooting 1 fusion at a landraider leaves the plasma doing nuffin

you could also invest in a target lock so different squad members shoot at different targets
>>
>>51985559
It's obviously eldar women that have the fertility issues. Eldar men can get humans preggo
>>
>>51985693
Target lock and fusions on the Shas'Vre, then. One Shas'Ui with twin plasmas and one with plasma, shield and a missile pod.
>>
>>51985665
Ah, i forgot, BA Razors have the enhanced engine thing going on for free don't they?
>>
>>51985356
Well, so much for that idea...
>>
>>51985334

GK/=][=.

Daemons is obviously always fun, likewise Guard.
>>
>>51985721
Yep, move 12" and fire 2 weapons at full BS.

Furthermore, their tacticals can carry heavy flamers so you can rush them at the board at double speed and unleash flaming death on hordes and cover campers.
>>
I just realised none of my Space Marines have been painted yet, so I could easily substitute my chosen colour scheme (Imperial Fists) for something else
I mean I did try painting Imperial Fists on a few vehicles and fuck me it's difficult to get a good yellow, even with an airbrush
I wonder if I should change to a successor chapter or Iron Hands or Steel Confessors
>>
>>51982123
R8 my 40k list please, its for an itc tournament

Due to formation all dedicated droppods, razorbacks, and rhinos are free not including upgrades

Also get to overwatch at full bs
>>
>>51985793
Why not badab war salamanders
>>
File: 1488318857829.jpg (273KB, 900x1666px) Image search: [Google]
1488318857829.jpg
273KB, 900x1666px
>>51985801
Forgot pic
>>
>>51985801
Didn't post the list but I can already tell you it's the Lion's Blade and I love that fucking formation.
>>
>>51985513
You are off on Dread with HF/MM. Its 110 for that.
>>
>>51985818
Because Iron Hands and Imperial Fists have both the background and rules I like.
>>
>>51985681
There was a HHG thread where someone threw a rumour of a Ghost Rider Ferrus Mannus with a flaming skull and leading the LotD. It is very probably utter bullshit, but the idea was met with overwhelmingly positive responses.
>>
Reposting for some feedback.

>>51984298
At 1k I would drop lascannons for missile launchers and a few of the Tacticals (including the plasma guy) for Rhinos.

Is the fist on Assault sergeant for vehicle hunting ? If yes try a chainfist, if not drop it for a sword+melta bomb.

If the Captain is there to hang out with the command squad take a fist, auspex and combi-melta.
>>
>>51985861
>Ghost rider, khanmen rider and DOOOOMRIDER have a death race
I want to see it. Fund this shit.
>>
>>51985853
>>51985513
I also fucked up the costing on one of the grav squads. Changes made:

1 Grav-Cannon and Rhino squad is now a Meltagun and Laserback.
The Grav-gun and Laserback is now Grav-gun and Rhino.
The HF/MM is now HF/SB.

Still good?
>>
>>51985889
I'm not huge on buying Rhinos, although I might end up picking up a second razorback tomorrow. I was kinda looking at how many points I could squeeze out of my current models and what I wanna buy if I find it at my local store tomorrow.
>>
>>51985821
I would take 2 Grav cannons out of each Dev squad. 2 Reasons, 1st because only 2 can fire out of their rhino anyway, 2nd to make them less juicy targets. Then take the points and Do something more with your Assault Squads other than just BP/chainsword. Maybe an eviscerator or a veteran sergeant with PF? Something to let them fight if they end up in CC vs a walker or MC.
>>
>>51985781
So if I dropped a 5 man tac squad with a lascannon, a plasma gun, and the razorback's heavy bolters I can just fuck shit up after moving 12 inches every turn and still be firing at full BS?
>>
Anybody want to play on VASSAL? Maybe make a league or something?
>>
>>51985970
buy a razorback
leave the turret-plate unglued

glue the rhino hatches together

swap as you want
tada
>>
>>51986019
Oh shit why has no one ever thought of that before?
>>
File: baww.jpg (43KB, 264x373px) Image search: [Google]
baww.jpg
43KB, 264x373px
I just looked at IGN's Dawn of War III Ork gameplay video and holy shit what is with all of those bloom effects? Also I can't tell what the fuck is going on since everything is a jumbled, lit up mess and from what I can see there is no strategy whatsoever, all you do is smack Starcraft-tier deathballs against each other. Why would they screw the fans over like this? At least the comments cheered me up..
>>
>>51985821
The list is illegal. If you want free transports you must have one Captain and one Chaplin leading each of the demi-companies (you can't have two Chaplains or two Captains) and at least one Aux formation (one unit of Scouts instead of the Librarian will do).

Also don't put 4 grav cannons in Rhinos, take two and have them fire from the top hatches. Drop the plasma canons and take something that can be fired on the move.
>>
So how much of girlyman is a robot?

From the pictures I'm starting to think the only real bits he has left are his torso and head
>>
>>51985970
If that's the case I must warn you, 10 tacticals on foot can barely do anything these days. The free transports in Companies is the only way to make them viable for their inherent cost.
>>
>>51986054
What's the point of trying to derail a general when it's already at it's bump limit?

>is /v/ just slow today?
>>
>>51986087
And his hulking 2 foot primarch dong that Celestine is currently riding like a jockey
>>
File: Space Marines - 1850pts.jpg (515KB, 900x2130px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marines - 1850pts.jpg
515KB, 900x2130px
Got the fucking picture builder to work.
>>
>>51983365
Have any other newbie tips for csm? What units are underwhelming/always worth it, good low point ideas etc.?

Thinking of getting into the hobby with traitor legions
>>
>>51985793
>even with an airbrush

lol get gud

Here is a secret protip though

- Airbrush base of light bone color
- Start painting (or for vehicles, airbrushing) yellow wash from GW or Army Painter
- Repeat above but with yellow GW glaze (GLAZE not wash)
- Repeat one more time or as needed if you want brighter candy yellow
- If original first step yellow recess wash is unsatisfactory, finish job with very careful gloss pin wash of brown or black
>>
>>51986113
>discussion of 40k vidya is derailment
And are you a newfag or something? This thread lasts for a while into bump-limit
>>
>>51985801
The Company Support rule requires that one of your Chaplains be a Company Master.
I'd go for Melta over Plasma on Drop Pod Tactical Squads, especially since the Plasma Cannon can't fire the turn it arrives.
I would also put the Melta Bombs on the Assault Sergeants over the Tactical Sergeants, assuming both are Combat Squadded.
Why Rhinos instead of Pods for the Grav-Devs?
What's your plan for the Librarian?
>>
>>51986123
>drop pods and rhinos

congratulations, you figured out space marines!
>>
>>51986039
No idea really.

>I own 12 razorback/rhinos and three of them can be swapped into predators
>>
>>51986015
I'll play on TTS
>>
>>51986289
Could you link me the mods?
>>
>>51986039

Literally everyone does this.
>>
>>51986299
They're all on the workshop?
>>
>>51986301
I don't

because I don't like razorbacks
>>
>>51984601

>tfw GK player

At least we're apparently getting new rules in this book for improving our dudes when fighting not-daemons.
>>
I just looked ar Waaagh Ghazkull and why do Ork players even still play 40k? I play Dark Eldar and I feel bad for you guys.
>>
any of you guys know what FW book has the latest rules for Ork shit?
>>
File: laughinggrots.jpg (400KB, 1182x576px) Image search: [Google]
laughinggrots.jpg
400KB, 1182x576px
>>51986364
>>
>>51986312

Only retards glue the top hatches onto their Rhinos.
>>
>>51986367
We don't have any "latest" or valid FW books. They don't sell or even support IA:8 anymore.
>>
>>51986415
why are you so rude
>>
>>51983942
A proper escalation league would limit MCs and flyers until the 1000 point mark, since those are the usual problem units outside of scatbikes
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 387x623px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 387x623px
Second greatest Grey Knight coming through!
>>
>>51986469
Omg, just delete this guy from existence.
>>
>>51986311
Where? What do I search?
>>
>>51986434
1. Where do you think we are?
2. He wasn't rude
3. you're a retard
>>
>>51986504
...type in the name of your army? Come on, anon.
>>
>>51986015
Tfw my computer is broken so I'm stuck to the lowly life of a phoneposter
>>
>>51986540
There's like 50 different things. Any author you could recommend?
>>
>>51986592
Whichever one looks nicest
>>
>>51986592
What army do you play or want to play? There's a lot of mods true, but it's hard to ask for a long list like that and expect an answer.
>>
>>51986488
>GW tries to delete Draigo
>Draigo rips out GWs heart and writes Matt Ward's name on it
>>
>>51986488
>>51986632
What's wrong with him?
>>
>>51986622
I'd be down for playing Orks, Tau and Eldar. I think I'll just stick with VASSAL since you can modify your units and give them equipment and shit.
>>
What army is the most "I fucking hate tau?"
Like the army that hard counters tau the best, without even having it be super OP competitive for bonus points, it just in general counters tau.
>>
Why use TTS or Vassal when you can play 40k in gmod? I kind of want to do this for the lols now
>>
>>51986659
Basically anything that can assault first turn.
>>
>>51986659
Barkstar. Either Chaos Daemons with khorne dogs protecting shitkicker ICs, or imperium with fenrisian wolves doing the same.
>>
>>51986642
nothing, really

He's a foolish grey knight warrior who was thrown into the warp by an unspeakable evil. Dumb people sperg out on him because matt ward created the character.
>>
>>51986659
You will need to narrow it down with these criteria:

>mobile or static Tau ?
>how many interceptors ?
>how many marker lights ?

The army will depend on the answers.
>>
>>51986695
Reading through his deeds, he seems hilarious and fun because it's so retarded. Much cooler than most Space Marine heroes that are taken super seriously by other Marine players.
>>
>>51986686
Mass s5 weapons are pretty deadly to daemons unless they're buffing their saves to stupid levels.

Genestealer cult and their mass T1 assault/get in their face allows them to murder all the marker lights early.
>>
>>51986728
yeah, I dig him

Dude's basically the distilled form of every tooled out grey knight grandmaster you'd see in third/fourth edition. He also comes with a helmet, which is A+.
>>
File: IMG_8007.jpg (16KB, 202x203px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8007.jpg
16KB, 202x203px
>>51986178
>shit talking a game knowing you'll rouse up about 50% of /tg/ to defend while the other half joins in on shitting on it and turn the entire general into AIDS

Come on dude don't play dumb you know what you're doing

>using a reaction pic you got from 1d4chan

Come on who's the real newfag?
>>
>>51986775
>/tg/
>ever defending dow 3
what the fuck are you talking about retard
>>
>>51986644
Eldar

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=608098093&searchtext=eldar

Tau

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=538339717&searchtext=stormsurge

Orks are tough to find a good mod for. I guess their developers are I2 as well.
>>
>>51986695
Is draigo samurai jack? Can we get an animu of that? At least maybe some art crossovers?
>>
File: IMG_8881.jpg (24KB, 338x342px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8881.jpg
24KB, 338x342px
>>51986792
>he doesn't even try and deny he's b8ing
>>
>>51986853
>>51986775
>anime poster
He's a shitter, but this makes you just as bad.
>>
File: Dark Angels - 1250pts.jpg (215KB, 900x724px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Angels - 1250pts.jpg
215KB, 900x724px
I'm making a list for a 1250pts tourney with the following restrictions,
does it look gud?

HQ: 1-2
Troops: 2 max (cannot have same troop choices twice)
Elite: 1
FA: 1
HS: 1
No LoW, no forts, no FW

Biker Libby (warlord) gets Interromancy and foot libby gets Divination
and sits back with the Devs.
>>
People really love Mat Ward lately, what happened to the /tg/ I know and love that would shit on him and other hacks like James Swallows?
>>
>>51986906
They all got old and died because that was 30 internet years ago

Now he just gets meme hate which isn't the same
>>
>>51986906
Woah anon! Don't make posts like this! You'll make the Wardshits angry and they'll say that you're apart of the 1d4 boogeyman.
>>
>>51986906
Hate shifted to Cruddace for the most part. At least Ward wrote good rules along with shitty fluff.
>>
File: IMG_8182.jpg (51KB, 654x666px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8182.jpg
51KB, 654x666px
>>51986878
>the last resort, call someone out for liking animus on the weebiest website to exist
>>
>>51986906
Newfags tend to come here from 1d4chan and bring ward hate with them, so other newfags try to look like oldfags by bashing 1d4chan and it's constituents
It's shitposting
>>
>>51986942
>4chan
>weebiest website
No that's r/anime, maybe you should go back there.
>>
>>51986775
>>51986853
>>51986942
>The file size on smug idols keeps increasing

This pleases my unique autism in just the right way
>>
>playing anyone but necrons
embarassing
>>
>>51986967
>r/anime

Hey man this was just some friendly shitposting, you took it too far
>>
>>51986967
Anon was right, you can be a waacfag even with internet arguments
>>
>>51986940
I play nids and even I hate Ward a lot more than the Crud. Phil Kelly should write every codex, and BL should just be Dan Abnett and Sandy Mitchell crammed into a box where they crank out stories and hotbox each other's farts
>>51986951
That's fair.
>>
Reminder to my fellow ork players to use Warkopters instead of Trukks for transports
>>
>>51986906
it's almost like two editions of pure shit will make 5th edition look appealing
>>
File: d4788.jpg (35KB, 492x419px) Image search: [Google]
d4788.jpg
35KB, 492x419px
>>51986981
>>51986996
Sorry, lads.
>>
File: 1424318361542.jpg (180KB, 800x484px) Image search: [Google]
1424318361542.jpg
180KB, 800x484px
>>51987018
>muffled 'It ain't me' in the distance
>>
>>51987018
>not using gorkonauts
Hahaha it's like you want to lose!
>>
File: IMG_8855.jpg (13KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8855.jpg
13KB, 300x168px
Brothers, shall I bake new bread?
>>
>>51986881
Seems fine but I'd drop one Black Knight for two more Devastators to soak wounds and an Auspex for the bike Librarian - you're going to move in close for the plasmas anyway so you might as well have him lower the enemy cover save.

It might be a personal preference but unless you're expecting AV14 I would also swap out Lascannons for Missile Launchers.
>>
>>51987052
>Some boyz're made ta wave da flag!
>Oooh, deyz green, green, an' red!
>An' when da' band plays " 'ail to the boss"
>Ooh, dey point da cannon at you, Gork!

>It ain't me, It ain't me, I ain't no Big Mek'z son,
>It ain't me, It ain't me, I ain't no Warboss'z son, no!

I don't know why I did this...
>>
>>51987086
Yeah, nothing beats Nobs in a 'Naut
>>
>>51987219
>>51987219
>>51987219

new bread same shitposting
>>
File: psquad00.jpg (114KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
psquad00.jpg
114KB, 640x480px
>>51987107
Thanks for the advice. The reason I didn't get an auspex is because from time to time I'm gonna have him go solo so I gave him the shroud of heroes. The -1BK +2 devs option sounds solid. I'm still thinking about the devs weapons (ML or LasC) because people tend to bring cheese in tourneys. Cheers.
>>
>>51986659
Drop podding iron clad dreads with heavy flamers and meltas
>heavy flamers rape all of their infantry
>high armour fucks them and gives the dread a good chance of surviving long enough to charge
>melta can explode tanks
>the dread itself can tear everything else to pieces
>>
>>51986792
DoW 3 looks great
>muh dlc trap
Name one good new game that isn't a dlc trap
>>
File: vJVF2ze.jpg (22KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
vJVF2ze.jpg
22KB, 500x250px
>>51982479

> forfeiting a game because you think you're gonna lose

You gotta play that shit out, it's the only way you're gonna learn
>>
>>51986906
This entire Fucking gathering storm campaign is Matt wards magical realm. Ultrawank is the highest it's been in years, possibly all time. The only reason it's not as hated as usual is because the story itself is new and exciting, and eldar are so fucking broken that no one has the energy to bitch about anything else
>>
>>51987289
Tau's vehicles jink a lot, don't bother with a multi-melta, buy something like the assault cannon instead to shoot up their infantry more and just try charging them next turn if they don't run away.

Also pray for no railgun interceptor units.
>>
>>51984963

My friends and I still play 3rd ed.
>>
>>51984836
what if I buy £600m worth slaanesh daemons?
>>
>bought B@C
>really like word bearers color scheme
>want to make the models word bearers in case i ever decide to play 30k
>but also want to use them as loyalist marines in 40k
why aren't we all made of money, anons?
>>
>>51987694
Word Bearers actually had chapters before any of the other Legions did. You could make up your own Word Bearers chapter for use in 30k, and say that in 40k it's a different chapter that happens to have a similar color scheme and chapter symbol.
>>
>>51987742
I thought Word Bearers made sure they purged every loyalist from the Legion?

I mean, i don't mind just rocking them with the scheme and symbols when I play with my friends, but I worry that I might set off the wrong person at my shop by going "these Word Bearer models are actually a Fists successor"
>>
>>51987772
They did, hence the coincidence part. They still split themselves up into chapters though, probably to go with their whole word/book theme. Either way, as long as it's not an outwardly demonic looking chapter symbol, I couldn't see many people having a problem with you having a homebrew chapter of loyalist Fist successors that happen to have the same symbol.
>>
>>51985304
>>51985503
If you read the blurb his gene testing only showed positive for psychic potential; he only ever served as an Astropath for both Chapters, he was never formally inducted as a Space Marine. The Power Armour is the real oddity, but then everyone had access to it in RT.
>>
>>51985095
They're strangely semi-canon. Taldeer and most of the events of the whole 'love can bloom' fanfic is basically canon at this point, which by extension covers their eldar/human child, but she's not officially mentioned.
>>
>>51987846
The Word Bearers symbol is rad. Their Heresy color scheme is rad.

I'm gonna do it and if people have a problem, they probably aren't worth playing with.
>>
File: 1482234659755.png (38KB, 318x472px) Image search: [Google]
1482234659755.png
38KB, 318x472px
>>51987319
>play sisters
>take some heavy beatings
>friend asks if I want to call it T2
>mother fucker let me finish
>T3 rolls around
>itbegins.png
>the armor column dumps it's load
>meltas, flamers, and combi-plas engage
>shit starts dropping
>T4 he tries to skirt the edge of my threat range but it's too late
>swing the game 5 VP in my favor
>mfw

Mother fuckers trying to call the game before I activate my 12" rape radius. Get the fuck outta here.
>>
>>51988270
I want to play Sisters, but my HORRIBLE eyes can't make out detail on metal models. Kill me.
>>
>>51984332
There's some human on human action. That counts as war
>>
>>51988312

Get glasses and/or a magnifying stand. I've been meaning to get both for awhile, now.

Also, detail on metal is a lot easier than detail on plastic imho.
>>
>>51988270
It took you until turn three to get there?
>>
>>51982147
Is this Official or not?
>>
>>51989372

T3 to get the brunt of the force into position, yea. I lost an immolator and squad, the gun on an immolator and exorcist, and stunned the other exo. T1+2 I was rolling into position and dumped my cargo on T3 when I could both focus targets down and force him into a lose/lose situation on objectives.
>>
>>51984282
I'm pretty sure it was said somewhere that Orks can survive without an atmosphere
Thread posts: 413
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.