[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Song of Swords: New Tournament!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 416
Thread images: 86

File: Zells.jpg (78KB, 621x417px) Image search: [Google]
Zells.jpg
78KB, 621x417px
Last time on Song of Swords:
17000 Stretch goal met. Let your dreams come true
New Tournament is Beginning! Winning character is added to the book!
Opaque is marketing everywhere

The KS link & Opaque's website
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2006613790/song-of-swords-tabletop-roleplaying-game
http://www.songofswords.net/

Song of Swords is a a tabletop RPG centered around realistic medieval fightan' with a ludicrous variety of weapons and fighting styles, centered around a dice pool system. It's currently in beta, and can be used for both fantasy and historical games. Kickstarter is happening NOW we are kicking ass baby!

Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

MEGA folder containing current version of the game and all supplementary materials.
Note that the latest version of the game is v1.9.9 but with additional supplements. It's NOT what's currently on Opaque's website, because Jimmy is Jimmy.
https://mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
http://tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

We also have a Discord now, at https://discord.gg/zzTq7Xw
Come join us if you wanna ask a question or have a friendly fecht, or shitpost at Jimmy in real-time

>There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: https://app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
>The room might be empty, but the people who teach the game still browse the thread frequently. If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread. We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room.

AND THE LEGEND CONTINUES
>>51800675
>>
File: VN+.png (43KB, 318x861px) Image search: [Google]
VN+.png
43KB, 318x861px
Here are the rules so far for the tournament. More may be added later, and these may be removed if enough people don't want it or can make a good argument against it.

Use v1.9.9 in the OP. Use the Equipment Update and the Grappling Update PDFs.

The ostensible prize for the tournament is to be added to the game as a Visionary Noble PLUS+ commission, offered by anon. But even if anon chooses to use that for himself (a right he possesses, since it's his money he donated), we're going to have a great time. New players will learn the game & we'll all get to enjoy stabbing each other in the dick.

It is intended to be a 1v1 melee tournament on foot. No guns allowed, no ranged weapons allowed. The reason for this restriction is because defending against a Melee Shoot is difficult and it's often an instant win for the shooter, especially if you use such things as wheellocks and Shot ammo. These make it not fun for the player getting shot, since they don't get to interact with the opponent like they do in a normal melee fight.

26 PCP, max 8 per category. Races are capped at Tier 3 or lower: that is, no Ascended, no Star Vampires, no Orredin. All of these beings have ways to win 1v1 fights no problem. Can't forbid pistols but all Orredin eye lasers, you know?

Orichalcum and Silversteel weapons and armor are not allowed either. These materials are typically in the hands of the Ascended.

Magic is not allowed. Your Magic PCP will be 0.

No mounts are allowed. Fighters will be on foot. Mounts they rely on the Bystander Phase and also Trample is an instant win.

Make your character like an actual character. A murderhobo with no skills is going to have a hard time existing in actual canon. So would a hemophiliac blind Burdinadin with two halberds in his arms and a third in his chest. Make your character real. Give them Arcs!

The date of the tournament itself will be determined later. What we need right now are characters! Make them and post them in the thread for all to see.
>>
>>51816450
>Magic is not allowed. Your Magic PCP will be 0.
What does Magic even affect in the core book?
>>
>>51816450
>No guns allowed
Goddamnit.

There goes my human machine-gun.
>>
>>51816450

Weren't we going to use 1.2 since that's easier for the plebs on the kickstarter?
>>
File: I AM GROWING STRONGER.png (27KB, 128x132px) Image search: [Google]
I AM GROWING STRONGER.png
27KB, 128x132px
>>
>>51816497
No. v1.2 is wildly outdated. Hopefully Opaque will be updating that version shortly. v1.9.9 with the Equipment and Grappling supplements is the latest version of the rules and we will be using that. Unfortunately, if you've made a character in v1.2, you'll need to remake it in v1.9.9.

>>51816477
Nothing. It was only added in as a supplement PDF, in the one about Star Vampires.
>>
It might be a good idea to direct people in the various marketing threads to the roll20, so they can see the tournament for themselves.

I dunno about you, but I'd get hooked right in if someone sold this as an arena fight.
>>
File: Sneaky Beaky Goblin.jpg (80KB, 736x537px) Image search: [Google]
Sneaky Beaky Goblin.jpg
80KB, 736x537px
>>51816450
I wonder if sneaky stabby could actually work, try to pry into some people's armor and such. I might try that, but idk.
>>
>>51816526
>. v1.9.9 with the Equipment and Grappling supplements
That's the ones in the Mega that are #[SoS]XXX, yeah? Are we using he Chapter 12 Combat Update?
>>
>>51816532
Livestream it on Twitch or Youtube or something? I think those can record for posterity.
>>
>>51816526
Isn't 1.2 the latest rules, and opaque just fucked up the numbering for who knows what reason?
>>
>>51816552
No, Jimbojambo himself stated the 1.2 is wildly outdted.
>>
>>51816551
Nah, but it might be cool to create some kind of trailer from the fighting. Just picking apart all the cool stories created, all the highlights, like some arena episode in an anime.

But that'd take a lot of time. I think it'd have to be fan created, and I personally am too lazy.
>>
>>51816450
What about throwing weapons?
>>
>>51816558
From their in house rules, not the published ones.
>>
>>51816579
>>51816450
Maybe wait for Jimmy to wake up and shit and try to get a clarification?
>>
>>51816544
Only for a very specific purpose. The combat update applies primarily to the Bystander phase. However, towards the end (pg 15-17), there are Battlefield Terrain TNs, Outflanking, and Back Attacks. These are used for Mobility maneuvers. I think only one or two of them apply in a 1v1 fight, but just in case they're used, those Terrain TNs will be used.

>>51816552
No. v1.2 is most definitely not the latest rules. v1.9.9 is. Jimmy is free to call me a faggot if I'm wrong.

>>51816578
You can throw your melee weapon with Weapon Throw. This is different from Melee Shoot because throwing weapons are much weaker than bullets or shot, and can't be optimized like guns can be. You also have to draw new weapons as a general action, and risk being unarmed if you fail.
If you want to fight with a bayonetted musket and just never fire it, that's fine too.

>>51816532
>I'd get hooked right in if someone sold this as an arena fight.
I've got good news for you then!
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/SongofSwordsRPG/comments/5v3d20/kickstarter_stretch_goal_wishlist/
Remember to tell Opaque what you want as stretch goals!
>>
File: oa.png (380KB, 620x629px) Image search: [Google]
oa.png
380KB, 620x629px
I don't know if you're checking the Kickstarter updates, but vote in this poll for NPC deck characters!

>Choose Your Leaders! - NPC Army Deck Poll

>Our first stretch goal opens up an additional NPC Army Deck. As promised, the leaders of these armies will be voted on by you!

>Go here to cast your vote for your top three choices:

Look at the kickstarter for the link

>The poll will be open until Sunday, February 26th, at 9pm PST

>The deck will have three armies, each with 20 unique cards: 60 cards in total. What's included in an army? Well!

>1x Leader: One of the leaders up for vote!
>2x Lieutenants: Uniquely named, very strong NPCs
>7x Elite Units: Unnamed, strong NPCs
>10x Common Units: Unnamed, regular NPCs

>All units (named or otherwise) reflect the theme of the leader. For example, a Marju leader (sadly not up for vote, here!) may have Marju Outriders and Marju Bloodsworn in their army.
>>
>>51816634
Voting for dwarves and goblins here would be pretty great for getting a better idea of their fighting qualities.
>>
>>51816649
Dwarves, goblins, and undead?
>>
>>51816671
I don't think any of those leaders uses undead though.
>>
>>51816690
>he doesn't know
>>
>>51816634
Yeah I'd go with two supernaturals (Eskarne + Gobbo? I can't remember if Eskarne actually uses Din or not), because I think I can get a handle of normal folk. But one ~normal person would be good (may as well be Gizka).
>>51816699
I don't know. Is that the rat thing?
>>
>>51816711
http://www.songofswords.net/npc-cards
Last entry in the list.
>>
>>51816716
Oh sweet. I hope he and gobbo make it.
>>
>>51816634
Do we know who the leaders are for NPC Deck 1?
>>
I need a quick rundown on different nations in Vosca where characters may be from. Does anyone have a list of places and their cultures? Any lore dumps from Jimmy?
>>
>>51816724
>not voting Sark, King, Gizka in that order
>>
>>51816746
>voting King after Jimmy said he doesn't want him to win.
Pleb
>>
>>51816732
There's a Regions section on the website, but I don't know how complete it is.
>>
Hey, Jimmy. I remember you saying that King's seal holds more and more power as you go up in the chain of hierarchy of men. Does King's Seal hold any power among any of the elves or dwarves?
>>
File: Average Song of Swords Thread.png (632KB, 791x596px) Image search: [Google]
Average Song of Swords Thread.png
632KB, 791x596px
Here is the official tier list, please do not argue against it as it is very bad form to argue against official lists:

Eskarne (provides the rag-tag rabble that would be very useful for actual campaigns)

Sulla or Gizka (provides a good base-line army with infantry and guns)

Wild Card: any of the weirder ones. These give you a taste of what other strange mixes you could make-up and throw at your players. The dwarf (tunnel fighting), Kal'Ceska (allsorts with cavalry) and Sark (pirates) seem like the best of them.

King is similar to Eskarne but less useful, Joan D'Arc is like a less exotic Kal'Ceska, the goblin doesn't really give direction even if it is interesting, and Wilhelm sounds like hell for newer players.
>>
>>51816634
Goblins, Romans, and Stronk Knights
>>
File: wep1.jpg (464KB, 1000x681px) Image search: [Google]
wep1.jpg
464KB, 1000x681px
>>
>>51816806
I voted for Crécerelle as my 1st because she's cute and there's nothing you can do about it.

Eskarne is right on the money though.
>>
>>51817079
I am judging you both for having a waifu and for having such a vanilla waifu.

I bet you think Lilly's Best Girl.
>>
>>51817088
More of a Yan-fan to be honest, Crécerelle is just a nice girl and deserves some recognition.

I really do want to see the flower of Gallian chivalry.
>>
>>51817063
Fucking communists. We could have a culture amidst us with thousands of years of history. Instead we have communists. And not even pure communists, at that.
>>
>>51817161
Yeah those damn patriotic Communists really ruined China's now inaccessible culture.
>>
>>51817262
Communist purges of Mao were the greatest crime against living culture we have had in this world.
>>
>>51817279
But the destruction of Chinese culture is an integral part of Chinese culture.
>living culture
Personally I'm a bit more averse to the destruction of living people.
>>
>>51817290
>people
Who was talking about lives the fat fuck destroyed? I meant the martial arts, schools and weapons.

>But the destruction of Chinese culture is an integral part of Chinese culture
Yeah. But at least it was limited against schools of thought before Mao "Look at all these Fucking Furnaces" Zedong decided the "old four" needed to be replaced with destruction of everything.
>>
>>51817347
Mao really didn't do much. It's quite hard for one person to actually fuck up a whole culture. Even full-on invasions and ethnic supplanting can't destroy a culture.

His cultural revolution is hugely overrated. Including the impact on martial arts and weapons.

>Who was talking about lives the fat fuck destroyed? I meant the martial arts, schools and weapons.
That was the point you dongle.
>>
Are Epic Arcs meant to be easier or harder to actually complete than Saga Arcs?
>>
>>51817501
It really depends. Generally, Saga is the reason you're a party so the conclusion of that arc is the end of the campaign or at least the end of the arc. I generally have my players make epics be the reason they would retire from adventuring, and include small steps to it during the campaign.
>>
So I may be the dumbest person in this thread, but do you need to know the SoS rules to run ballad, or am I just missing something?
>>
>>51817776
SoS rules are required for any melee stuff you might want to do.
>>
>>51817796
are they needed for rolling and damage as well, sorry if these are stupid questions, but this is like the only place I can ask them.
>>
>>51816711
>I can't remember if Eskarne actually uses Din or not
What?
>>
Are there any rules for a retinue?
>>
>>51813550
NO YOU FOOL

Kickstarter 1.2 = /tg/ 1.2 from a year ago that continued to be edited by the Australian editor.

1.9.9 is the most up to date.
>>
>>51816634
I voted for Gizka, for the Reclaimer since Goblins are underloved, and for Sulla because fuck yeah.

In my opinion, Eskarne and Sedeas shouldn't be up there since they don't lead troops.
>>
>>51818081
I feel that this Australian should be replaced. A year is far too long.
>>
>>51818107
Possibly. But a lot of stuff goes on behind the scenes. I'd bet they were working part-time or something, and that Jimmy didn't really want it done that quickly (possibly because he was still working on the rules).
>>
>>51814673
>Oh hey, Bones has a message for you guys. Apparently his suggestion box has been stuffed full, he's really glad to hear from you guys, and he'd like to discuss some stuff like, potentially, your guys' stretch goal desires and the future of the game.

i sent my suggestions today. does that mean he won't read it jimmy? ;____;
>>
>>51818157
He's not reading any of them. He saw how many there were and decided to make a thread on reddit instead since nobody really uses that so he'll have hardly anything to go through.
>>
>>51818189
woah you got inside his mind. you'd make a great general but do you know yourself
>>
>>51818189
fuck.

jimmy please have bones read my old suggestions
>>
>>51818157
He'll probably read it. He just needs to explain directly that they can't feasibly make the molds for silicone replicas of the penises of everyone in Opaque, since Jimmy refuses to allow anyone but Galt to access his Sin Zone.
>>
>>51818228
You asked for that too?
>>
>>51818235
We all did.
>>
For the Burdinadin Natural Philosophy ability, it says it can take quite a long time for devices of significant complexity. How contiguous does that need to be? On a related note, how long does it take The Eye to lose interest in the Burd once they stop using NP?

Say I'm trying to analyse a grandfather clock, and it's going to take 12 hours. Can I go for three hours, making checks at RS1, 2, and 3, then go and do something else for an hour, then continue at RS?
>>
>>51818274
>then continue at RS?
RS1, I mean.
>>
>>51817848
I'm... not actually sure. I have internalized the rules enough that I never stopped to think if they were actually in Ballad.

Where are your problems? Maybe we can give you the rules.

>>51818072
Yes. There's a Boon called exactly that.
>>
>>51818246
>>51818235
>>51818228
Rammstein Deluxe set Style? Dildo replicas of the Opaque members members, lube, authentically made bondage rope and Song of Swords: Core Rulebook?
>>
>>51818317
Galt's dick is actually mounted on the front cover, right where Gizka's would be, so that you can properly enjoy the game.
>>
Anybody feel like helping me learn the ropes in the roll20?
>>
Any tips for chargen? I don't mean the mechanics, I mean -- which chargen categories to emphasise and which to dump, which attributes can you safely dump and which should you boost, which weapon proficiencies are advisable, that kind of thing.

Just advice for your character build. Stuff you'd need to have full knowledge of the system to understand.
>>
>>51818423
It matters what you are trying to build. Do you have a character concept in mind?
>>
>>51818365
I'm in.

>>51818423
There's no useless category when you're making a character. Everything helps except for magic. I do suggest, however, having a high proficiency score at the start of the game.
>>
>>51818423
What I definitely learned from playing in the ballad tournament is that the HLT stat is quite important. I had only 3 HLT and think I only survived as long as I did because of a lucky bleeding roll.
I'm not very firm on the rules, but what HLT is used for is rolling against bleed.

You roll your HLT dice pool against bleeding, and if you fail your HLT decreases, making further checks more difficult.

So, yeah. That's a stat I totally ignored and just got to know how important it is after playing. If you read more in depth than I did before my introduction to combat you probably already know that though.
>>
>>51818502
That's what I mean. The kind of info you'd need to know to decide what stats to give a certain character concept.

For example, whether proficiencies have more of an effect on combat than attributes.
>>51818504
>I do suggest, however, having a high proficiency score at the start of the game.
How come?
>>51818535
Thanks. I did know that, but didn't know its importance.
>>
>>51818535
Health almost never comes up, but when it does come up you will never find a more important stat in the game.
>>
>>51818300
Well, the PCP character creation is a little difficult to me but I think that is me just having trouble reading it. How is damage calculated? and blood loss and missle pool rules can be found in SoS right?
>>
>>51818824
Damage is the bullet plus any bonus successes if you're firing a single shot, and the bullet plus half the damage of any other bullets that hit that target location if you're firing a burst or fully automatic fire.

Subtract the Armor Piercing of your round from whatever the target is wearing, down to Zero. Then add whatever is left to the target's toughness. If your damage exceeds that number, you have wounded them. One level of wound for every point of damage more than their toughness.

Blood loss is in SoS, but the missile pool rules aren't. By default, your MP is equal to your Proficiency in the gun in question. Your Required Successes to hit someone is usually four, and you only ever do a level 1 wound if you have 0 Bonus Successes, so you need to have at least five to be able to snap shot and actually land a solid hit. You can also aim if you're firing single shots or burst fire. Each phase you aim gives you two dice. If you aim for three round, you get all six dice plus your entire Perception as a bonus. This will give you a fuck ton more dice, enough to have a chance to hit anything you want.
>>
>>51818899
are orientations a thing in this, like under the melee attack rules it says you can only declare red, so if a close range melee encounter happens does it default to the orientation rules from SoS?

thank you for the help by the way.
>>
>>51818972
Yes. If for some reason people bring out the swords, you can run it in SoS. That includes orientations. The best way is to keep it simple and just use basic attack and defense maneuvers, the weapons in Ballad, and the Ballad hit locations and armor.
>>
>>51819004
Last question I think, the attributes are ,mostly combined to make values right as in they don't get rolled right?
>>
>>51819079
Correct. One could conceivably make a raw strength test to bend bars or a raw endurance test to resist torture, and a few Agility and Health tests come up in combat, but attributes for the most part either are derived into compound attributes, are combined with skills, or set the Required Successes of other skills (Like how Stealth requires beating the enemy's Perception in successes and the RS of a Persuasion roll is the other guy's Will.)
>>
>>51818062
He doesn't know if she leads an army of her fellow elves.
>>
>>51819404
Although I read the description since then, so I now know that she doesn't use Din.
>>
>>51816611
What was your take on allowing a virtual noncombat character to have a champion?
>>
>>51819595
Some of them might be Din, but in general it seems like a collection of goofballs who would just be useful for weird encounters.

>oh fug the PCs are attacking the bakery
>Ah-hah! I have disgruntled housewife with rolling pin card! Nice try God!
>>
>>51818540
I once made the mistake of having a ridiculously low Combat pool of 8 (3 prof 5 adr) in a game while loading up on money and skills. The thought being that I just needed to survive the first two games and then I could up it on the cheap while everyone else bought up their skills. I "died" in the first session when I had to use all 8 dice to parry an aztec warriors spear from killing our Guide and his friend got in a good solid thrust on my thigh. The lesson learned is you can't advance if you can't survive
>>
>>51819660
If you loaded up on money and didn't encase yourself in mooks and steel, you didn't money correctly.
>>
>>51819671
I had 100 men and plate mail. Doesn't stop 14 dice uncontested
>>
Did anyone else notice that the Kickstarter fails to discuss the magic compendium? It's there as a reward and stretch goal, but no info on what it is. Hell, I don't even know myself, despite being here for years, although of course I can make some pretty educated guesses.

Anyway what I'm getting at is that when Bones or whomever makes the next update, in addition to talking about the adventure stretch goal and weekday that's all about, he should also spend a paragraph or two on what will by then be in the next stretch goal pair. Tell us what's in it, why is a separate book, what the current design status is, and etcetera, just like with the adventure. Then after that goal is reached, the next update (since apparently they're done by pairs of stretch goals) will be all about announcing the mystery stretch goal and whatever anteceding stretch goals have been decided upon at that time.
>>
File: happy_merchant.gif (162KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
happy_merchant.gif
162KB, 600x480px
>>51819696
Mistakes were made, and I'm still not convinced it was your build.
>>
Who among the human states in vosca has the most/most advanced firearms?
>>
>>51818081
Wait
That 1.2 is the EDITED version?
>>
>>51819780
Edited and formatted. Preposterous, right?
>>
>>51819771
We know the Dacians mass produce really cheap, shitty firearms, but they also accidentally figured out iron sights.
The highest quality guns are probably from the Kaselreich or Illegon, the former because Germany is always the best, and the latter because the Ruvian Legions pack pistols, which are actually some pretty cutting edge stuff for military use in this time period (quasi-15th century)
>>
>>51819810
My disgust is palpable.

Literally palpable. I could cut my vomit into slices and sell it as meatloaf (buy it by the tonne).
>>
>>51819780
1.2 is whatever /tg/ version of Song of Swords that was being worked on over a year ago.

1.9.9 & the Latex are the most up to date playtest.
>>
File: alright.jpg (111KB, 696x741px) Image search: [Google]
alright.jpg
111KB, 696x741px
Okay, which is which?
>>
>>51819766
Don't protect other people who built 0cp characters is the mistake. I surround myself with murderhobos these days. I think this game happened 5 years ago desu so like actual 1.2
>>
>>51819780
It's clear. The Australian needs to go.

What happened to that page or two of edited content that Jimmy showed off months ago? Wasn't that what the game was supposed to be like? Has the Australian actually been embezzling money this entire time?
>>
>>51819843
>Jimmy
>possibly being anything but Sark
>>
>>51819824
This is why people have been saying that Jimmy et al should just call you a contractor or volunteer or whatever you agree on, and use your work as their base instead of the Australian.
>>
>>51819843
Jimmy is Rade. Taylor/Bones is the undead knight (name escapes me). By process of elimination, Zachary/Claymore is Kal'Ceska
>>
>>51819843
Jimmy is Sark, Claymore is Kal'Ceska and Bones is STRONK.

Based solely on the frequency of talking.
>>
>>51819843
Zach is the Kal
Bones is Wilhelm
Jimmy is Sark
>>
>>51819877
One hundred percent. I would much prefer the use of the LaTeXfag to the Emu.
>>
>>51819877
I've already written off all copyrights and stated they belong entirely to Opaque. They have 100% ownership of the LaTeX PDF already.

As for further work, I'd just put it in if I got a changelog anyway, it's not really very difficult (but it's also not even close to the quality I'd expect from a published work -- I don't have the time to make something that wouldn't embarrass me when published)
>>
>>51819813
>Germany is always the best
In the late medieval period, I think the Italians are ahead of them at mid to high price points.
>>
>>51818300
The Boon exists, but has no rules for it
>>
>>51819843
Jimmy is obv Sark.
Claymore goes by Sir Claymore in a lot of places so I'm going to guess he's Wilhelm
Bones by process of elimination has to be the Karthackinian.
>>
>>51819916
I meant in Opaque's games. Ballad joke. Actually I'm surprised it's not some slav country in SoS.
>>
>>51818423
Always max out Attributes completely.
No exceptions.
Other than that, knock yourself out. Boons and Banes are kinda lackluster, but otherwise it's all good. Make sure to get plenty of Proficiency so you can actually make a School though
>>
>>51819930
No. The knight is undead so it has to be Bones
>>
>>51819947
Bones isn't called Bones because he's a skeleton. He's called Bones because all of his art has women with prominent cheekbones because that's his fetish.
>>
>>51816450
I'm really sad about the lack of Silver steel and Orichalcum. I was looking forward to Punching people with Orichalcum gauntlets
>>
>>51820025
>>51816450
Aye, Silversteel is pretty fun stuff.
>>
>>51819977
Did Bones do the original artwork of gypsypunk women in the sphere-grid version of the game?
>>
>>51820095
I believe so.
>>
>>51819977
Where can I find his art?
>>
>>51820167
In the Mega. It's all still in the art gallery.
>>
>>51820089
I'm never going to get to use this dude. I've kept him up to date for over a year just on the off chance we'd have a tourney. RIP
>>
>>51816450
Noble Backer here.

I hope everyone enjoys the tournament and I've decided to also add another reward which is an art commission for you to whatever you wish with, either have your favorite character drawn and put in as art or just design something cool.

This is in light of the actual pretty low response to people actually not wanting the in lore character, the in lore character prize is still in but if the victor doesn't want it I can assign it somewhere else or default it back to my hand.

I will review all characters that desire the lore slot so you should have a pastebin or something up. ill post my entry later for an example but I'm mostly looking for someone who tries to make a detailed character, you don't have to be a master writer.

MORE IMPORTANTLY this is really all about brotherhood and proving that /tg/ can still get shit done, having a badass tourney and selling SoS like autistic hotcakes.

I can be found in the discord, just ask for noble tourney backer.
>>
>>51816450
Well I now have to rework my entire character that I made last night then.
>>
Noble+ Backer here, I am going to talk it over with Jimmy soon hopefully, but if everyone makes at least nominally lore friendly characters I might use my backer to immortalize the tournament itself. Thoughts?
>>
>>51821162
sounds like a killer idea.
>>
>>51821162
I wouldn't mind it. Although I suck at writing lore, and reading up on the lore of the universe sounds like a pain. But if you decide to do it, I will (attempt to) make a lore-friendly character.
>>
[shilling as hard as I can]
>>
>>51821265
Where at?
>>
>>51821283

facebook
>>
How is wound level determined ... Only thing I do not understand about the system...
>>
>>51821714
The amount by which damage exceeds armor/toughness
>>
What do you think would be some of the cringe-worthy character ideas that a Backer would have? Not so subtle expies of characters from anime? Fetish fuel? How awful do you think it has to be before Opaque bounces back ideas to "tweak" the concept or politely and respectfully ask if they have other ideas?
>>
>>51821714
>>51821747
Specifically I believe it's

Damage:
[Strength + Weapon Damage + Successes+Misc] = Total Damage Dealt

Defensive
[Toughness + AV + Successes + Misc] = Total Defensive Value.

Wound Calculation
[Total Damage Dealt] - [Total Defensive Value] = X

X=Wound level.

(correct me if I'm wrong)
>>
>>51821835
Yep. Same exact setup as Dominions. Except for the dice mechanic.
>>
Interested in tourney, might be too busy though.
>>
>>51821873
So when someone rolls to attack, and I roll to defend; we're not only seeing whether he hit me but also the damage in that one roll? With my Successes subtracting from his own.
>>
>>51821162
Really cool idea man, I love it.
>>
>>51821904
Yep. One of the things that makes the game play faster than most despite the depth.
>>
>>51819866
Turns out making it look like that is a lot of work. Far more than one poor beleaguered Australian could possibly do in a year.
>>
>>51822073
>>51819866
Does anyone have these pages? I assume it's a mockup of how the finished product should look?
>>
Would a bayonet fighter be viable in the game?
>>
File: 1487370138728.jpg (226KB, 1095x730px) Image search: [Google]
1487370138728.jpg
226KB, 1095x730px
Is anyone actually running a story\campaign? I love the fighting and I'd like some narrative to go with it.
>>
>>51822228
I am, but I only accept cute people.
>>
Does anyone know for sure what the maximum +attributes you can get from the Burdinadin armor is? Can you get both +3 STR and +3 END, and how many slots would that take?
>>
>>51822254
I am very cute and only make cute things.
>>
>>51822398
I see you're a man of taste. How smutty can you be?
>>
>>51822228
I finished a campaign last week. Told Jimmy about it, he thought it was cool. The premise was a bunch of Zells shipwrecked on an island and were attacked by natives, and had to fend them off for a week while slowly digging their ship out of the reef and investigating signals from other parts of the island. They found a guy who had been stranded on this outcropping for years, drinking rain water and eating crabs, and he was able to tell them about a treasure on the island--a solid gold idol with ruby eyes.
So the Zells did the unthinkable and led a party into the island with blunderbusses and swords, and hacked their way to the temple, stealing the idol and fighting their way back out. A few of them died but they made it back, and were able to shove off with an enormously powerful (but cursed) idol in their hold.
>>
>>51819826
Okay that settles it. I'm not touching SoS until we get a fresh new beta version.
>>
>>51822417
Absolutely lascivious.
>>
>>51822134
Yeah. Though the gun is probably the better weapon. A real spear will beat you most likely, but not if he also has a hole in him.
>>
File: mecha.png (78KB, 832x415px) Image search: [Google]
mecha.png
78KB, 832x415px
Considering there are 8 possible augmentation slots would it be possible to take both Enhanced Strength and Enhanced Endurance AND have the augmentations exceed 3?

i.e. I spend 4 on Enhanced STR for +2, and I also spend 4 on Enhanced for +2

or +3/+1 or +1/+3

Just so long as it isn't +4?
>>
>>51822588
That will likely be after the beta.

At Roo speed, maybe it"ll take only six months now that she has done it before. Or another year.
>>
>>51822588
Nothing wrong with the 1.9.9 Latex version
>>
>>51822623
May I inquire after your Discord?
>>
>>51822588
Guys. The 1.2 thing is literally just for normies on the kickstarter. You guys have 1.9 or the LATEX thing, just use that. We'll be updating the game more as time goes on. And no, we aren't going to have to do this whole formatting-editing thing again until we reach the final version. Just chill out. I told you there would be some bumps on the road to perdition.
>>
>>51822694
When will /tg/ have a new version?

Have you considered a TVTropes page as a form of marketing? Then you could have a small blurb written about Song of Swords for any page you could think of.

Like this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SwordAndGun
>>
>>51822451
That sounds like a lot of fun, are you or will you be running anything soon?
>>
>>51822694
Fair enough Jimjab. What's the social plan? We doing something today?
>>
>>51822694

Hey, does Burdinadin have any nobles or some other form of ruling caste?

I'm also interested in the answer to >>51822644
>>
>>51822694
Hey, Jimmy. I remember you saying that King's seal holds more and more power as you go up in the chain of hierarchy of men. Does King's Seal hold any power among any of the elves or dwarves?

Who among the human states in vosca has the most/most advanced firearms?
>>
>>51822760
Well right now we're working on that tutorial video, which is something a lot of people have asked for, and hopefully that'll go a long ways towards helping people understand the basics of the game.

After that we're going to try and keep the pressure up on other sites... I encourage anyone to go to those places where we've posted (there was a list somewhere, maybe last thread?) and post questions and such so that we can make a bit of a splash. We've also got some Q&A stuff coming up, we'll definitely make sure you guys know what's happening. A lot of our time today is going to be taken up recording and editing this video though.

>>51822770
>>51822779
So what I urge you to do is--and don't take this wrong, /tg/ is eternally our motherland--ask these questions somewhere else, so that I have an excuse to talk more there. We're trying to do some outreach and it looks like the best kinds of outreach come from lore questions being asked. A lot of people were super hype about Kesh of all things in the Reddit thread. We got PMs about that shit.
>>
>>51817776
Ballad and SoS are totally different. You don't need to know one to do the other.
>>
>Reposting Bones official shill guide:

Now, some of you have been asking what you can do to help support the project even further.
While I'd hesitate to ask more after this stunning performance, I will say the best thing you can do right now is to spread the word via social media or other websites.

It looks like some of you are already on this, as these threads have popped up:
http://www.therpgsite.com/showthread.php?36131-Kickstarter-Song-of-Swords
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?798442-Song-of-Swords
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/song-of-swords-rpg-now-on-kickstarter.494800/
https://www.reddit.com/r/kickstarter/comments/5ucnwi/song_of_swords_a_tabletop_rpg_to_reinvent_combat/
https://www.reddit.com/r/SongofSwordsRPG/

Given people have already started, I’ll say that the best thing you can do to help is to jump in these threads you’ve already made and discuss the game. Keep them alive for as long as you can. Talk about lore, share stories of early campaigns, run fechts if able. These people know nothing of what’s been happening on /tg/ so now is a great time to share the best of it. Don’t worry about doing it all at once, we want to have ongoing conversations, to attract as many people as possible. Ideally we can keep them alive for at least a week with posts every day.

As many have already said this works a lot better when it comes from the community as opposed to the creators. That being said Jimmy, Claymore, and I will still be joining in as often as possible and posting daily.

My only additional ask (which is obvious to you), please follow all forum rules so we don’t get blacklisted. And be as welcoming to new people as possible. Try not to direct them off their respective forum as the idea is to grow a community base there. (unless you're sending them to the Kickstarter or Website).
>>
>>51822831
oKAY
>>
>>51822982
Oh, this one is missing in the list
https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/5uvnqi/song_of_swords_a_successor_to_the_riddle_of_steel/
>>
>>51822994
Isn't
>>
>>51822770
According to previous fechts and the like, there's the Ethics Board (or whatever it was called), which are the totalitarian despots, and the various research departments' Directors seem to have a lot of sway and significant resources. I imagine they often treat their children well.
>>
>>51822994
This thread is dead, use their subreddit instead. Then we should make a new one. Does reddit do generals?
>>
>>51823098
Subreddits are the generals.
>>
>>51819621
As long as you've made a character to do the fighting, it's fine.
>>
>>51823098
>This thread is dead
It has 111 posts, and the two most recent posts are from ~25 minutes ago (our fellow friend asking about the burds) and 5 hours ago. It's not wildly active but not dead either.
This is probably the biggest presence right now, outside of the kickstarter comments and here.
But it would definitely nice to get more people to use the official subreddit.
>>
File: r1.png (56KB, 625x911px) Image search: [Google]
r1.png
56KB, 625x911px
Now is the time when I repost this adventure.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/42914817/#42946424
>>
File: R2.png (112KB, 1869x936px) Image search: [Google]
R2.png
112KB, 1869x936px
>>
File: r3.png (98KB, 1762x917px) Image search: [Google]
r3.png
98KB, 1762x917px
>>
File: r4.png (134KB, 1884x943px) Image search: [Google]
r4.png
134KB, 1884x943px
>>
File: r5.png (104KB, 1869x947px) Image search: [Google]
r5.png
104KB, 1869x947px
>>
File: r6.png (78KB, 1037x760px) Image search: [Google]
r6.png
78KB, 1037x760px
>>
File: r7.png (102KB, 1854x923px) Image search: [Google]
r7.png
102KB, 1854x923px
>>
So the tourney is using 1.9.9, are we using TZMs?
>>
File: r8.png (169KB, 1888x1660px) Image search: [Google]
r8.png
169KB, 1888x1660px
>>
File: r9.png (124KB, 1856x882px) Image search: [Google]
r9.png
124KB, 1856x882px
>>
>>51823737
I hope so.
>>
File: TZM.png (145KB, 978x894px) Image search: [Google]
TZM.png
145KB, 978x894px
>>51823643
Yes it is using 1.9.9. But should it use TZMs?

We've never found a satisfactory mechanical answer for how it is more difficult to attack certain areas of the body. On one hand, we have the "T-pose" style. This is the default for SoS. You can attack any location freely. What this means is if you have one area of your body that's less well-armored than the others, guys are going to attack it every time. For instance, if you have plate armor everywhere but only light leather on your lower legs, your enemies are going to attack your lower legs. It's just as difficult to attack the lower legs as it is to attack your head, your arms, or your torso. This has led to the meme of history sucks at SoS, because so many people in history went without armor to certain areas.

On the other hand, we have TZMs: Target Zone Modifiers. These apply very hefty penalties to your attacks depending where you choose to attack: you both lose dice and lose initiative roll dice. This means if someone attacks your lower legs, it costs them a large number of dice just to do so, and in addition to that, you will have a very easy time Stealing Initiative from them.

As the players of the tournament I want to hear your opinions. What system would you guys prefer to play with?
>>
File: r10.png (227KB, 1865x1678px) Image search: [Google]
r10.png
227KB, 1865x1678px
>>
>>51823866
With TZMs
>>
>>51823866
TZMs aren't perfect, but they're probably better than nothing at all. I say we go with them.
>>
File: r11.png (110KB, 1599x833px) Image search: [Google]
r11.png
110KB, 1599x833px
>>
File: r12.png (125KB, 1856x937px) Image search: [Google]
r12.png
125KB, 1856x937px
>>
>>51823866
I like TZMs
>>
File: r13.png (321KB, 1864x1856px) Image search: [Google]
r13.png
321KB, 1864x1856px
>>
File: 1476085775051.jpg (49KB, 564x886px) Image search: [Google]
1476085775051.jpg
49KB, 564x886px
>>51823866
You got my answer right here.>>51823757
>>
Reading a japanese comic about chinese alternative history.

This woman is shown in it.

She is the epitome of the age old truth of /tg/ fechts that the only, true way to win a fight is "Red, All dice to hit X, Final destination. Scream like a madman while you do it."

That's her whole fighting style. Simple, straightforward and brutal.

Now, at some point, she decided that the mountain tribes that she calls family should stop their centuries old fights between different tribes and that they should became a power of their own. She killed everyone who disagreed, and now she is the queen of a nation of what basically are DnD berserkers.

In the latest chapter that I read, she is now leading an army of these berserkers on behalf of the king of Qin. She is tasked with undertaking a siege against the second largest city of Zhao, and she needs to bring them down in two days, with the help of the protagonists legion.

Now, how does a queen of mountains approach something like a siege, and not just any siege, a siege she must complete in under two days?
>>
>>51824049
"Everyone throws red, all dice to whatever you can reach, final destination."
>>
File: r14.png (245KB, 1864x1788px) Image search: [Google]
r14.png
245KB, 1864x1788px
>>
>>51822228
She looks incredibly familiar. And I'm not talking about gizka.
>>
>>51824064
>>51824049
If you have the manpower to waste, I mean, it works.
>>
File: r15.png (317KB, 1888x2476px) Image search: [Google]
r15.png
317KB, 1888x2476px
>>
>>51823988
>>51824021
>>51823910
>>51823899
Alright, we'll be using TZMs!
>>
>>51824098
I think she's a Pathfinder paladin.
>>
>>51824120
This chapter is probably my favorite one in any comic related media. I love DnD berserkers, and it gave me chills the first three times I read and re-read it.
>>
File: r16.png (388KB, 1852x2676px) Image search: [Google]
r16.png
388KB, 1852x2676px
The end
>>
>>51824189
I know how this ends, we're not there yet.
>>
>>51824245
Here's part 2, read it yourself I'm tired of screenshotting I give up
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/42958315/#42958315
>>
File: wpxV5ES.jpg (154KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
wpxV5ES.jpg
154KB, 1440x810px
>>51822831
Would this be acceptable for a character to have included in the lore, now that you're catering to furries? Assuming I pony up the $150, of course. Maybe I"ll even pledge more to show my enthusiasm.

[Insert name here] was once a young man with hopes to become part of the Purple Guard. Unfortunately, he washed out due to his timid, passive nature and effeminate build. A female Orredin noble offered him an alternative, living as her catboy (as in, fake cat ear headband and fake cat tail, no weird shit) maid-guard, with emphasis on serving as the maid and pet of the noble. She uses special alchemical/magical reagents that gradually feminized the maid-guard over the many years.

bam. Now you can appeal to the LGBT and femdom crowd too!

Alternatively, the Orredin have several businesses renowned for breeding human men and women for maximum femininity, submissiveness and docility, using selective breeding over hundreds of years. They are a popular choice to fill up the servants quarters of many Orredin residences.
>>
>>51824317
Absolutely degenerate.
>>
>>51824347
It kind of fits the setting and it's less degenerate than furries.
>>
>>51824317
I mean the funny thing is, Jimmy can probably take that a make something reasonable of it.
>>
>>51824286
>rat fecht coincided with the first public release of Ballad
So much history.
>>
>>51824317
>>51824347
>>51824370
Not too degenerate for the Orredin tbqh. They're fucking Greek Elves who practice eugenics. The Purple Guard are a giant harem/breeding stock program.

Besides, what are you, transphobic? :^)
>>
File: 1428628346903.jpg (61KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1428628346903.jpg
61KB, 380x380px
>>51824317
>oh boy there's a character in this fictional game who is degenerate like me! I will now give these people $150 because I'm that easy!
>>
>>51824490
It's not much of a transgender thing, but a gender bender fetish? You know, I bet there are japanese mango where guys are forced to drink a potion and became little girls to femdom women if that's what you're into. And won't cost you 150 bucks.

But you do you, man. If you want to try and convince Jimmy to put your fetish into the book, by all means.
>>
File: aeb.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
aeb.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>51824544
Why are you so transphobic anon?
>>
>>51824317

While Felix is a very cute catgirl (male) I don't really think he fits the setting. Try to make something a bit less fetish-bait.
>>
File: Inigo_Beluko.png (673KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Inigo_Beluko.png
673KB, 1920x1080px
>>51823049

>I imagine they often treat their children well.
Get in the fucking myrmidon Shinji
>>
>>51824635
I mean, in shitty NEET fecht, he did mail his son a good revolver before leaving him to find cyborg sister.
>>
>>51824580
Because you're mentally ill. You need treatment, not pandering
>>
File: youshouldgo.jpg (92KB, 447x221px) Image search: [Google]
youshouldgo.jpg
92KB, 447x221px
>>51824725
>>
>>51824739
>>>/lgbt/
>>
That's enough guys, we don't need any more of that
>>
>>51824739
>>51824777
good now everyones fucking gone. What's the best fucking weapon in the game?
>>
>>51824777
>>51824739
Both of you need to shut the fuck up and join the Kickstarter circle jerk, or kill yourselves, or at least settle this with a fecht.
>>
>>51824777
>>51824739
>>>/muuramefinland/
He is there all year.
>>
>>51824806
POLLAXE BEST AXE
>>
>>51824806
Fist
>>
File: Kegs 119.png (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Kegs 119.png
1MB, 1280x1024px
>>51824806
Pole-flail
This machine kills knights
>>
>>51824806
Based Dane Axe. It is the God Weapon. It's a small lightsaber on a pole.
>>
>>51824816
FUCK POLLAXES - NEXT!
>>
>>51824806
Lucerne hammer.
>>
>>51824823
!>>51824825
>>51824829

FUCK FISTS - NEXT!
FUCK DANE AXE- NEXT!
FUCK LUCERNE HAMMERS - NEXT!

well I guess it depends on WHOSE fist.
>>
Sarturi magic is life magic, could a sarturi chosen give someone strenght if he thinks they would spill blood and shit?
>>
So what's this "Land of Glass and Sorrow" place?
>>
>>51824317
>>
>>51822228
I'm running a game but it's with friends and homebrewed to fit my shit setting so I don't know
>>
>>51824936
It's Palestine/Israel. The Helians nuked it from orbit with a laser because the Jews were developing magic powerful enough to challenge their own. Now the few remaining scraps of the Torah are actually powerful magical items that help you perform Sorcery better.
>>
File: get the cross.jpg (25KB, 480x712px) Image search: [Google]
get the cross.jpg
25KB, 480x712px
>>51824980
>ifunny

The fucking irony.
>>
>>51824936
It's inspired by China from Fallout.
>>
>>51824980
http://www.therpgsite.com/showthread.php?36131-Kickstarter-Song-of-Swords

>Guy asks what's different between SoS and TROS
>Jimmy artfully dodges around the question
>Guy reiterates the question more strongly

There has to be something going on here.
>>
>>51825203
Do you remember Blade of the Iron Throne? Do you remember how it outright copied word for word some parts of Riddle of Steel, then sold their game for money? It turns out the guy who owns Riddle of Steel was just a teeny little bit fucking pissed about that. So mentioning Riddle of Steel alongside the other "Riddle-inspired" games is a no-no.
>>
>>51824618
It wouldn't be a literal catboy/girl. Just someone dressed up as one. It doesn't need fake cat ears/tails, I guess.

>>51824725
Whatever you say.

>>51824739
I mean, I'm the one who is asking about inserting a twink catboy maid-guard into the setting and even I think you're a faggot. "muh go back to /pol/" is the most vile form of trying to shut down discussion. Do you know where you are?

>>51825203
Did you forget how the link for Song of Swords was taken down for a while because the guys who made TROS didn't like SOS being advertised as its spiritual successor? Someone tell him Jimmy can't legally answer that.
>>
>>51825203
What ARE the differences? The setting, obviously, but what mechanics are there different?
>>
>>51825308
What's different between 3.5e and Pathfinder? There are a lot of differences that make the game feel very different, although it's very similar overall.
>>
>>51825331
Well, if someone knows, he could go and answer the question.
>>
>>51825203
It's probably a legal thing. They were really abrupt in the Reddit about saying they had no affiliation with riddle.
>>
Quick fact checking. Riddle didn't have different AVs, right?
>>
>>51825465
No, except in Flower of Battle as an optional rule.
>>
>>51822831
Where's the reaction folder? I'll start a riot.
>>
>>51821162
Pretty based.
>>
Latex is has the weapons and armor update, right?

What about Grappling?
>>
>>51826039
I think so. It also had the combat update.
>>
>>51825998
>only 3 players
>2 of the characters are furry
>yfw the last one is a degenerate futaloligenderbenderscatbbq
>>
>>51824824
>didnt just strike Defiance and turn it into Taphonomy
>>
File: Land of Glass and Sorrow.jpg (49KB, 634x900px) Image search: [Google]
Land of Glass and Sorrow.jpg
49KB, 634x900px
>>51824936
An excellent vacation spot.
>>
Someone on the leddit is asking if the devs or anyone else has played a full campaign using this game.

What are good storytimes, where can we find them, and does anyone have them in easy copypasta?
>>
>>51826068
Im-fucking-plying.
There's a lot of character building still going on.
>>
>>51826143
I have, but I refuse to make a reddit account.
Maybe one of the other boys can tell them about how we hunted werewolves in 16th century Poland, and every character in the party inadvertently was a survivor of the same historical battle, albeit on different sides.
>>
>>51826168
You don't have to, just gimme a paste2 link or something from where I can copypaste it to him.
>>
>>51826206
Sure, give me a little bit.
I'll work on this faster than Japan Game
>>
>>51826143
Link them the Boar story.
>>
>>51826143
Go back like two or three threads and use the Poland campaign. The one with the mercenary Boar
>>
>>51825985
Megaupload is giving me a lot of shit right now, but I'm hoping it'll be done soon.
>>
File: accuratedeductions.gif (261KB, 408x224px) Image search: [Google]
accuratedeductions.gif
261KB, 408x224px
>>51825203
>>51825298
>>51825305
>>
>>51826143
>>51826260
>>51826272
Here, a pasta of it.

https://paste2.org/nkfhEaft
>>
File: 1412121209660.gif (156KB, 260x187px) Image search: [Google]
1412121209660.gif
156KB, 260x187px
>>51826168
The GM of that campaign here

Don't use that one as a positive example of anything

It was awful

I spent the entire game trying to focus the group away from combat because it was so cumbersome and slow

And when we did have combat, it was a bossfight that was ended in the first exchange because the players fired all their pistols into the werewolf despite it being literally broken.
>>
File: 3 War Jobber.png (252KB, 3082x1146px) Image search: [Google]
3 War Jobber.png
252KB, 3082x1146px
Submitting a character to the tournament

German Longsword Jobber
Saga Arc: Win the tournament
Epic Arc: Train the next generation of warriors
Belief Arc: Children must surpass their parents
Glory Arc: Earn fame as the mentor of the greatest fighters
Flaw Arc: Risks injury, death, and worse by intentionally fighting strong opponents while at a low level; so convinced is he that his technical approach is the best
>>
File: don't do that.jpg (93KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
don't do that.jpg
93KB, 1920x1080px
>>51826404
>jobber
>noble school
>>
File: Trollhoffer.jpg (219KB, 1277x824px) Image search: [Google]
Trollhoffer.jpg
219KB, 1277x824px
>>51826404
To be the Talhoffer you gotta beat the Talhoffer
>>
File: 1UHS07X.gif (1MB, 540x530px) Image search: [Google]
1UHS07X.gif
1MB, 540x530px
>>51826404
>Shin and ankle armor options
>And wrists and hands and forearms and elbows and bicepts/tricepts/deltoids

Please tell me this shit won't be in the final product

Goddamn this sheet is as clunky as a Mekton spreaddoc.
>>
File: really.gif (1MB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
really.gif
1MB, 250x141px
>>51826503
>Goddamn this sheet is as clunky as a Mekton spreaddoc.
That's because its not an official sheet, you mong.
>>
>>51826379
But I got a copy of a historical account of Alexander the Great from an old jew.
Ah well. I'll accede to your wishes.

>>51826143
Go ahead and tell them about Jap game then. That it was fun, and thrilling, and the system mostly worked.
>>
File: 1378431901329.jpg (38KB, 450x348px) Image search: [Google]
1378431901329.jpg
38KB, 450x348px
>>51826547
Is this armor variety not present in the game?

Therefore my friend, that is what I'm complaining about

And "this sheet", is a complaint about that particular sheet.

It was two complaints in one, separate but equal.

Because fuck you.
>>
File: 1487221341874.png (434KB, 574x433px) Image search: [Google]
1487221341874.png
434KB, 574x433px
https://mega.nz/#!vxEiECQJ!M5iXbHLq2NS9KWBhaaNYbRt7lDwcBf6qjcYrHms5ELw
>>
>>51826642
>Is this armor variety not present in the game?
I'm not sure what you're asking about
>>
>>51826642
It is, in fact, the amount of armor options present. If you really want to build your armor joint by joint, you can do that shit. Or you can just buy a pre-made set or suit to wear, which is way easier.
>>
File: suit.gif (840KB, 420x717px) Image search: [Google]
suit.gif
840KB, 420x717px
>>51826642
>correctly modeling a set of plate armor is bad

Just write Plate Armor (8/7/6 All) on your sheet if it intimidates you, you drooling imbecile.
>>
>>51826714
Let's not be excessively mean to the nice lad, eh?
>>
>>51826676
Oh wait, sorry, that was me.

https://mega.nz/#!vxEiECQJ!M5iXbHLq2NS9KWBhaaNYbRt7lDwcBf6qjcYrHms5ELw

Here it is lads
>>
File: 1437768203653.jpg (85KB, 699x699px) Image search: [Google]
1437768203653.jpg
85KB, 699x699px
>>51826680
>>51826691
>>51826714
What is the point of, gentlemen, in having this variety present in the book?

Most won't use it

If so, why include it?

What is the utility of it? To represent armor accurately? Why is that important in a robust system? The book has plenty of bloat, especially in the equipment section. Why have this bloat? Wouldn't it be better to use a system similar to Blade of the Iron Throne did?
>>
>>51826761

>223 images

I feel like there were supposed to be more than this.
>>
>>51826547
Where is the Excel sheet, anyway?
>>
>>51826783
>Most won't use it
>If so, why include it?
tyranny of the majority get out reeeeeeeeee
>What is the utility of it?
Accurate simulation brings accurate results.
>To represent armor accurately?
Yes.
>Why is that important in a robust system?
Same answer as utility.
>The book has plenty of bloat, especially in the equipment section. Why have this bloat?
Subjective. You could say maneuvers and profs are bloat, and we should just trim it back to hit thing with thing, but then that wouldn't be accurate simulation.
>Wouldn't it be better to use a system similar to Blade of the Iron Throne did?
I don't know what they did, so I can't answer that, but I assume they did something stupid and/or gay.
>>
>>51826783
>To represent armor accurately? Why is that important
Is this a trick question?
>>
>>51826783
Every single character I have made I have built down to individual armor pieces because I wanted very specific armor combinations or to match various historical suits of armor. It's what I've always done, and it works for me. About half my group builds from the ground up, and half uses the pre-made sets either in the book of assembled by our group. It's let me make a variety of different styles of armor, and that matters to me. It also means that plate is different from plate made fifty years in the past or in the future depending on what parts it has, and that also matters to me. Therefore I see no issue.
>>
>>51826783
Answer to all your questions is yes.
>>
>>51826783
The point is because we like armor, we like weapons, and we want to represent them well. You claim most people won't use it, but that's your conjecture. You can use premade armor sets if you want to skip past it. If their players don't like it, GMs can make their own premade armor sets and give it to their players. Having detail down to individual pieces lets you construct armors like you see in history, or in TV shows or games. This is what we like in our game. Go play Blade of the Iron Throne if you want that.
>>
>>51826783
But anon it's fun to dress up! If you're so intimidated by having to think of armor pieces like that just have your game master babysit you and help you out
>>
File: 1461154268865.png (54KB, 306x421px) Image search: [Google]
1461154268865.png
54KB, 306x421px
>>51826761
>different filename format
>different filenames from images previously posted

You either aren't Jimmy, or are and never actually had a folder of these, it being an elaborate ruse to gather more money for your game.
>>
>>51826783
>If so, why include it?

Why WOULDN'T Medieval Autism Simulator include it?
>>
>>51822831
Asking in the kickstarter comment section helps too - helps keep backers interested. Some will certainly drop off if you don't keep their attention, and the comment section is a good place to start.
>>
>>51826905
Just like Phoenix Command wanted to represent firearms well.
>>
File: 1408545869046.png (515KB, 543x417px) Image search: [Google]
1408545869046.png
515KB, 543x417px
>>51826844
>>51826848
>>51826859
>>51826881
>>51826905
>>51826925
>>51826942
Now that SoS is a commercial product, long held beliefs and problems I've had Song of Swords will be aired out now.

It is my honest belief that this system offers far more in comparison to others of its contemporaries, but it has and continues to have problems that people who love it are completely, blissfully unaware of.

>Subjective
No, the maneuvers and profs are not bloat. Many of them allow for a varied skillset, with a multitude of approaches to a fight. I like them for this reason. They serve the goal of the system, having good combat.

When we come to the matter of equipment however this is the problem. Who here has tried to sell SoS to different groups and GMs? I offered it to my Shadowrun GM, to my Mekton GM, to my Delta Green GM who loves GURPs and Phoenix Command, a person who loves to dissect games and revealed to me Runequest 6, and I was quite glad he knew of Riddle of Steel before having run a full game of that.

None of them wanted to touch Song of Swords, for various reasons. One was contradictory language, not having a unified set of terms. Another was not having any sort of quick reference for combat rules. But all of them had the final deal breaker in the lengthy equipment listing that was far too clunky for any of them to effectively handle. If this is a product that must be sold, that must be worked with by the general roleplayer, then some concessions to keep accuracy but clip bloat must be allowed.
>>
>>51827029
An easy way to handle armor is essential.
>>
>>51827029
You can play the game without being a fully plate armored man. Hell, you can easily play in settings where plate armor isn't even a thing.

And regarding maneuvers, although having a good knowledge of them keeps you from dying, you can get by with just telling the GM what exactly you want to do, and for him to interpret your wishes mechanically.

As a GM the system looked a bit daunting at first but it's nothing that going to these threads to ask others how to do what you want. Hell, I even managed to do a little homebrewing to add things that weren't in the beta
>>
File: anime_girl_reaction_face (59).png (42KB, 249x284px) Image search: [Google]
anime_girl_reaction_face (59).png
42KB, 249x284px
>>51827029
>it has and continues to have problems that people who love it are completely, blissfully unaware of.

Just because we don't think the same things are problems doesn't mean we're unaware of anything, you pompous dandy. The language and quick references things are true, those need work. Armor could have a simplified version for normie use, sure, however at the core of it, the game is better for the accurate armor.
>>
>>51827110
>Just because we don't think the same things are problems doesn't mean we're unaware of anything, you pompous dandy.
What's been done to fix it then
>>
File: Bernie-Sanders-BLM-2.jpg (97KB, 780x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bernie-Sanders-BLM-2.jpg
97KB, 780x600px
>>51827029
>>51827151
Nothing because

>Now that SoS is a commercial product, long held beliefs and problems I've had Song of Swords will be aired out now.

Guess you should've spoke up sooner oldman
>>
>>51827151
Nothing, because it is not a problem, you flower-sniffing sodomite. There are pre-made armor sets (sure, we could make more but muh bloat) which serve to give people a valid loadout, or a solid starting point.
>>
>>51827029
All those concerns are something that they already have a solution to.

>Armor and weapons
Army cards. With full weaponry, skills and armor straight outta compton for anyone who doesn't want to use time for character building.

>No unified set of terms
Editing. What the money is going towards.

>Quick reference
Maneuver cards, GM screen.

Were there any other problems?
>>
File: 1341208137772.jpg (89KB, 400x1496px) Image search: [Google]
1341208137772.jpg
89KB, 400x1496px
>>51827090
For clarification are you agreeing with me that it's necessary change needed or saying SoS handles it well?

>>51827106
>>51827110
>You can play the game without being a fully plate armored man. Hell, you can easily play in settings where plate armor isn't even a thing.

I'm not sure what this has to do with my statements. I'm talking for a less clunky system for representing armor variety, not having such a deluge of options as to bog down the system.

And you shouldn't need help from the threads. The game should include all necessary information needed for playing. I do not want to buy the Core Rulebook to Song of Swords(Some Game Design Assembly Required).
>>
File: backer.png (928KB, 1280x900px) Image search: [Google]
backer.png
928KB, 1280x900px
Stop taking bait. Post backer numbers and corresponding animes.
>>
>>51827212
More the former. I won't argue that dealing with the armor system isn't clunky, but I don't want to sacrifice the granularity it offers.
>>
>>51827212
I guess my problem is that I don't find the armor system clunky. Hell, it's one of the things my players have the most fun with.

But sure, since the system is still on the works, if the Opaques do something else to it that doesn't take away the customization and grittiness that we have in armor, I won't mind it.
>>
File: WfPxDkV.gif (457KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
WfPxDkV.gif
457KB, 640x360px
>>51827215
Honest critique of the game's methods of relaying information is not bait.
>>
>>51827254
Not the person you're replying to, but why not have the core book have the essential, basic armor sets & weapons you'd expect?

Then have the rest available somewhere else, like online. They can then later make an armory book.
>>
>>51827212
Also if you're upset that if you're reading a game's rules you have some sort of question that you'd like to ask someone that has played the game longer some sort of flaw, you've got serious issues. I won't even get in the fact that the games rules are constantly being updated and are still in development.
>>
>>51827029
That's a worrying anecdote, and it's a shame that you haven't been able to sell it, but it's an anecdote none the less. I have introduced the game to four different GMs, all but oneof whom have run the game or expressed interest in running the game. I've also introduced the game to, rough estimation here, thirty people as players. A good ten of them were complete tabletop novices, and one of has English as his second language. The only person who really wasn't interested was that GM from before, because of his background with WoD games and just not being interested in the style of game. A few people have said that they think equipment is a bit confusing, but none have expressed total dislike of it and all of them have figured it out after a brief explanation. The number one response, and as you'll notice the number one response in that Reddit thread and in the Kickstarter comments, is "Oh, neat, there's a lot of stuff to choose from."

It is a good idea to have simpler options for armor. Expanding pre-made armor sets in the core would be good, especially for different historical periods, but that should not come at the cost of a feature that has received generally positive responses both here and elsewhere.
>>
>>51827202
So what you're saying is the game requires a veteran or developer to play properly?
>>
>>51827331
Veteran as in... Military?

Or are you seriously complaining that you need to learn the game in order to play the game?
>>
>>51827331
What? Now you're just pulling words from nothing. You have proven yourself to be nothing but a useless, but master, baiter.
>>
>>51827331
>Write down things from the book onto a thing to read it off later
>So what you're saying is the game requires a veteran or a developer to play properly
>Take Book
>Look at Book
>Write down info from book
>onto paper
>take paper
>look at paper

Yeah I guess, better get the whole Opaque team to your house for every session
>>
>>51827331
That is absolutely nothing at all like what he's saying, and says so is completely disingenuous. He just listed a series of play aids to help with game play, nothing about requiring a person for help.
>>
>>51827376
I wish they'd come to my house every session desu
>>
>>51827376
Better start another kickstarter. We need opaque boys to at least 156 locations on this earth for this game to work.
>>
>>51827445
>wanting Jimmy to drink all your liquor and fuck your little greek boys
>wanting Galt to leave halfway through the session even though he was the only one actually playing the game
>wanting the unnamed Roo to drag the session out over three years
>wanting Claymore to hide in your closet masturbating to aforementioned greek boy fucking
>wanting the weird mystery skype group to hide somewhere in your house also masturbating to greek boy fucking
>wanting Bones to nigger near you

sounds pretty comfy desu
>>
>>51827353
>>51827371
>>51827376
>>51827385
The comment was replying to was mainly to this statement presented here: >>51827295 . So my flubb there, my argument makes no sense otherwise.

I present the scenario in which a new GM sees the SoS Kickstarter, but is unaware of /tg/ or the threads here(As those aren't mentioned on the KS page). This new GM invests in the project because he likes the beta rules on a skim and wants to support RPGs. He brings this game to his party, who are not as enthused about it as he. He must sell this to his group now, and as many in this thread has mentioned, a player's difficulty with the system can be negated by an adept GM. Now, the GM does not have a proper aide to help him. He has no one to turn to, as the reddit is still dead to the question asked as I've been checking to see if anyone replied to the poor bastard.

So, I repeat the question. Are you saying that if someone who has issues reading the rules to the point they need help, the problem is on them? Is insider information necessary to play? New players will not be able to play the game properly out of the box due to insider information from this closed development community.
>>
>>51827385
>>51827029
>They're giving "quick play" NPC decks that are essentially a bunch of premade characters with armor etc all done.
>Stretch goal also unlocked armor set cards for premade armor

>Unified set of terms, contradictory language is due to Beta state, and will all be fixed in polish.

So what I'm hearing is your groups will absolutely have no reason to not play it! Cool!
>>
>>51827519

>>51827528
You can get out now.
>>
>>51827519
You know, when I had trouble running my first D&D game, I just went on the internet and asked for help. Maybe under your infinite wisdom you never had that issue with any other game, but I always went to websites and videos to clear up questions I had after reading a rulebook for a new system.
>>
>>51827519
Yes?

Didn't
>>51827202
already answer these questions?

>>51827528
Here's another one, the individual armor and weapon cards.
>>
>>51827029
This is worth discussing at the least. Problems and solutions.
>>
>>51827555
The man has an argument that he's making, and he's allowed to make it. We can't shout him down. What he's saying >>51827519
is a legitimate issue.

I think it will be fixed by editing and play aids and his fears are unfounded (stay away from my armor lists reeeeeeeeeeee), but don't ignore the man because he doesn't fit the hive mind.
>>
>>51827600
Can you check out my post?

>>51824317

Thanks.
>>
>>51827519
The short answer to your question is that the final version of the game has yet to be fully released to the public.

1.2v was a version of the game that existed before the editing process began.

1.9.9 LaTeX, in the OP, is the most up to date version of the game with the least amount of nonsense rules and wording that can be discerned and interpreted without the need for some esoteric dice rolling master, or Jimmy to make up something at the last second.

We've yet to see the final version of the game.

As for there being 'too many' weapons, I don't think that is really such an issue- just use what you like/what looks good.
>>
>>51827519
>Now, the GM does not have a proper aide to help him. He has no one to turn to, as the reddit is still dead to the question asked as I've been checking to see if anyone replied to the poor bastard.
Fine, so we post on reddit. Spread the game beyond /tg/ permanently. I'm a spacebattles poster anyway. Issues solved.

Your scenario is implying that:
>There will be no quick reference guides (the definition of GM screens)
>There will be no community outside /tg/
>There will be no website for him to contact the devs on

Frankly if there is a scenario in which someone reads the rules to MtG or Pathfinder, and doesn't understand how it works...AND there is no help... then they're fucked. This scenario with the conditions your describing are not unique to SoS.

And honestly, even if that is the case they'll just probably house rule it. That's what my group did back when we couldn't figure shit out or find answers.
>>
>>51827574
Or this.

Jimmy has our money soon. They can print "JIMMY SUCKS COCKS, CALL 777-GOOD-TIME FOR OPINIONS ON AMERICAN TAX POLICIES OR SONG OF SWORDS RULES." on the fucking book.
>>
>>51827029
I think the best, and only reasonable, solution to the "jesus that's a lotta swords" problem is to put some short bus - er, short tables in the back of the book that have like, five swords three bludgeons and a half dozen polearms. Enough to have variety, but not enough to overwhelm the normalfags.
>>
>>51827614
Being a willfully obtuse faggot is different from having a difference of opinion.
>>
>>51827600
Can you offer a solution to this one: >>51818274 ?
>>
>>51827670
Is this actually a problem? Every time I've shown someone the game "jesus that's a lotta swords" was immediately followed by "Oh, neat, there's a lot of stuff to choose from." >>51827328 as said.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMZi25Pq3T8

Thread theme.
>>
>>51827716
There's a thunderstorm and it's fuckingn my internet, I will address stuff when I can type normally again.
>>
>>51827727
N'wahs With Attitude
>>
>>51827745
Wait, you don't type things on your notepad and then copypaste it to this forum posting thing in order to be safe from accidental deletion?

Because if you did, then internet providence shouldn't effect your ability to type things.
>>
File: 1342643749607.png (342KB, 607x641px) Image search: [Google]
1342643749607.png
342KB, 607x641px
>>51827657
I believe, simply put, a game should allow functionality for most willing players to be able to reference the material shortly and simply. I use physical books mostly. I don't even want to imagine how the /current/, and I stress, the /current/ tables would look in that format as it would be page after page flipping.

Now, steps are being taken for my issues. But that's not what I'm here about. I'm here to address the community directly to push this into the forefront of their minds on the cusp of victory. And I'm also not arguing against those who have present good arguments and solutions to my problems. They're quite good, but I must still see the labors of all this money.

One horrible reality to consider is if the SoS team doesn't edit and format hardly anything. We must keep them honest, and keep us as consumers guarded against possible skullduggery on the part of the developers.

>>51827328
>>51827670
>>51827723
Let's take these for an example.

PDFs, easy to scroll through. A physical book?
Even then, I remember being a GM with the beta rules that didn't have bookmarks. I had to make my own bookmarks, in a van out by the river!

For real though, imagine a physical book, in which someone has pieces of equipment evenly spread out across 30 pages with no bookmarks.

I'd recommend weapon cards, as that's what I made for my group when we played Riddle of Steel.
>>
>>51827151
Nothing because what you think is a problem is not actually a problem.
>>
>>51827723
Some people suffer from severe decision paralysis, others can neither remember their damn TNs nor write them down for reference and thus have to dig through the equipment list for every attack.
>>
>>51827797
Your autistic screeching is welcome, to at least somewhat temper our autistic screeching. I don't think now is the time to be worrying about readability, when the game is just about to get the money it needs for editing. If months go by with no real changes, then we can resume our screeching.
>>
File: Thefirstmustersmallvc4.jpg (431KB, 1600x1042px) Image search: [Google]
Thefirstmustersmallvc4.jpg
431KB, 1600x1042px
>>51827843
The poster causing such a shit storm here

This is mainly my point, is that a lot of GMs has to deal with this.

>>51827861
Thank you for the...compliment?
>>
>>51827811
What you think isn't a problem is actually a problem.
>>
File: Song of Swords Threads.jpg (102KB, 453x680px) Image search: [Google]
Song of Swords Threads.jpg
102KB, 453x680px
>>51827727
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyuIAUlL5IU

This is the eternal thread theme. Just this, playing over and over forever.
>>
>>51827797
>I'd recommend weapon cards, as that's what I made for my group when we played Riddle of Steel.

Which are coming, you insistent fucking ponce. Now shut the fuck up, jesus christ, did you need so many posts just to make that point? Even though it was repeatedly and pointedly made clear to you, that yes, quick references and editing are indeed on the way? Do you have some overwhelming need to feel like you've accomplished something?
>>
>>51827881
The onus is on you to prove that and you've been unable to so far.
>>
>>51827843
Do they have a crippling disorder that prevents them from using character sheets?
>>
File: skeleton-1561177_960_720.png (159KB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton-1561177_960_720.png
159KB, 960x480px
>>51826844
Skeleton Detected
>>
>>51827993
No, just a crippling retardation that prevents them from checking the sheets.
It's the exact same thing as the assholes who keep asking "what do I roll to hit" or even "which dice do I roll to hit" in D&D.
>>
>>51827843
Guess we better throw out the whole game because some people somewhere have decision paralysis

Come on guy, that's not an argument. There's a reason you make character sheets in all RPGs, there's a reason you write down your stats and options so you don't have to look them up in a book. You don't have to write down every possible option if it's going to paralyze you.
>>
>>51828054
That just spells to me "We don't have enough post-it notes and crayons to explain these frequently asked questions"

Take a post-it, write the answer to it, and punch it to his mouth.
>>
>>51827993
>>51828054
>>51828069
>>51828101
There should be aids to help the GMs who must deal with this, and make the book as accessible to those GMs to make it easier for them to deal with that.
>>
File: dangskele.png (110KB, 500x505px) Image search: [Google]
dangskele.png
110KB, 500x505px
>>51828008
>when you get found on your favorite cambodian chalk board

Remember, we're inside you right now
>>
File: a good guide.jpg (865KB, 608x1070px) Image search: [Google]
a good guide.jpg
865KB, 608x1070px
>>51828119
QUICK
REFERENCE
TOOLS
ARE
COMING
YOU
DENSE
MOTHER
FUCKER
>>
File: talk private enterprise get hit.jpg (137KB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
talk private enterprise get hit.jpg
137KB, 800x535px
>>51828123
>Cambodian
>Skeletons on the Inside
Not for long, motherfucker.
>>
>>51828119
And that's why they're making NPC decks and editing the rules, like you've been told a dozen times by now.

This is also covered by general good GM and player practice that you'd do in any game.
>>
>>51828119
Yeah, that can be found from your local friendly hardware store.

It's a shovel.

How to use:
>Take a shovel
>Wait behind a porch
>When the problem walks by, you hit them in the back of the knee
>Then you hit them in the head
>You bury them in the rose garden

If Opaque games achieve 100 000 dollaridoos, I propose that they send a signed copy of an official Song of Swords shovel to every backer.
>>
>>51828176
Please rephrase that as a fecht.
>>
File: anime_girl_reaction_face (2).png (309KB, 994x720px) Image search: [Google]
anime_girl_reaction_face (2).png
309KB, 994x720px
>>51827515
I just want Jimmy. The others can fuck off reeeeeeee
>>
Why is there no post in this thread?
>http://www.therpgsite.com/showthread.php?35499-KICKSTARTER-The-RPGsite-Thread-for-Information-About-Kickstarter-Projects
Just slap the banner image at the top and write a little "what the fuck is this anyway" shpeal to go with it.
>>
>>51828265
Do you happen to be Greek?
>>
File: 1483588342266.png (2MB, 3204x892px) Image search: [Google]
1483588342266.png
2MB, 3204x892px
>>51825298
>Do you remember how it outright copied word for word some parts of Riddle of Steel, then sold their game for money?
IIRC Jake gave trosfans his blessing to do that even though he didn't own any rights to the game anymore. The will of Jake is what holds everything together.
>>
>>51828340
So Ian Plumb was right all along and his team is the best one?
>>
File: anime_girl_reaction_face (32).gif (1009KB, 390x219px) Image search: [Google]
anime_girl_reaction_face (32).gif
1009KB, 390x219px
>>51827519
If you let your group have the rules before you sell them on the game of course they will get bogged down. I've run a bunch of one-shots for my friends IRL and I know them well enough to keep the book the fuck away from them. Any book. Doesn't matter what. They are great at roleplaying and I've had a ton of fun with them but I've never met a group of our type of hobbists so adverse to reading. So i have quick start homebrew rules I use to make 6 characters for them in about an hour and 15 minutes. Meanwhile my old Forever gm got the rules from me and looked at me with stars in his eyes "I love how autistic this is"
>>
File: anime_girl_reaction_face (32).png (157KB, 544x470px) Image search: [Google]
anime_girl_reaction_face (32).png
157KB, 544x470px
>>51827614
I refuse. He knows where he is. If he can't take the bantz he's free to leave the fatherland
>>
File: 1371358038538.jpg (33KB, 430x440px) Image search: [Google]
1371358038538.jpg
33KB, 430x440px
>>51816806
I'm going to vote for Sedeas because the High Prince of Truth commands, but mostly because he apparently leads cultists which is near the top in usefulness. Jimmy why does an assassin have an army of cultists? Is he Hassan-i-sabbah? Then I'm gonna vote for the gobbos and dwarves I think, because I want one of the two to win and god knows both of them won't.
>>
>>51828340
>I have an Outer Heaven patch on my jacket
Worrying.
>>
>>51826579
>>51826379
>>51826168
Do it
>>
File: 33572208.jpg (305KB, 814x654px) Image search: [Google]
33572208.jpg
305KB, 814x654px
>>51827215
I bet you think you're hot shit, don't you?

Also, is it too late to enlist for the tournament? I don't have my character ready yet. Working 11 hour shifts does that to a person.
>>
>>51828285
Irish/German/Polish. Mostly Irish
>>
>>51828629
Character entrance is probably going to be open for the next few days at the very least.
>>
I'm trying to decide what amount to back at. What are these army decks and sets?
>>
>>51828629
No one has completed a character to my knowledge you have plenty of time
>>
>>51828686
>>51828697
Excellent!

>>51828692
Army decks are for DMs to have an easier time generating enemies and for players to try and invent a competitive card game out of.

At the very least pledge $15, which would land you a legal copy of the PDF
>>
File: 57098918_p0.jpg (868KB, 1590x1500px) Image search: [Google]
57098918_p0.jpg
868KB, 1590x1500px
>>51828629
>>51828686
>>51828697
Has the actual date and time for the tournament been decided? As far as I can tell, it has not. Who's in charge of this operation
>>
>>51816450
Question: Can I enter in an Orredin, if I don't use any of his abilities? The character has a strong sense of fair play, and wouldn't use them anyway.
>>
>>51828723
well right now I'm trying to decide between 150 and 200, so...
>>
>>51828692
The army decks are packets of NPC stats for easy drawing, random generation, or even as use as player characters. Armor sets are basically physical representations of the equipment.
>>
>>51816450
Wait, are eye-lasers banned or no?
>>
>>51828728
That's a good question. I just hope I'm not scheduled to work when the tournament is up.

>>51828746
Oh. Well, in that case. Definitely $200, but I might have a biased opinion.
>>
>>51828787
Orredin in general are forbidden, so...
>>
>>51828796
That's the main reason I haven't made a character is that I don't know if I'll be free or even conscious when the tournament happens
>>
File: anime_girl_reaction_face (7).png (237KB, 691x650px) Image search: [Google]
anime_girl_reaction_face (7).png
237KB, 691x650px
>>51828728
The hacker known as 4chan of course
>>
>>51827215
How do you find your number?
>>
File: 1503815_orig.jpg (13KB, 390x364px) Image search: [Google]
1503815_orig.jpg
13KB, 390x364px
My entry for the tourney. I'll write up some backstory later, I have a rough idea in my head for now. Hopefully its all legit.

Kal Desar, Karthacki Footsman Kal
Race: Human(1)
Att: 160 (7)
Skills: 9 (4)
Profs: 18 (7)
Wealth: Minor Noble [3W] (5)
Boons: -10 (2)
26/26 CRP

Money: 1082sp
CP: 16/14
MP: 8
FR: 2x (3 Fatigue Per Round)
CAR: 11.5/12

STR 6 AGI 8 HT 6 END 6
WIL 6 WIT 4 INT 4 PER 8
ADR 6 TOU 6 CHA 9 MOB 10 GRIT 6 CAR 12

Profs:
Noble School Level 8
Polearm (+2) Katakama Yari
1H Sword (+0)
Bow (+0)
Grappling (+0)

Talents:
Flourishing Drills [N]
Slowpoke [N]
In-Fighter [N]
Good Form: Hook [J]
Head Guard [J]
Ironwall [J]

Skills:
Athletics 3
Observation 4
Drill 4
Leadership 4

Weapons:
Silversteel Katakama Yari w/ Custom Tight Grip 2 2H|VL|7(+3p/+3c)|7(+3p)|7(0)|AP Swing 1, Heavy Weapon, Hook, Tight Grip 2|2WT|40sp
Khyber Knife Sword|1H|S|7(+0c)|7(+1p)|7(0)|Draw 2, Thin Blade|0WT|1sp

Armor:
Conical Helm 8/7/6 Upper Head Hard, +2 vs Downward Swings 2WT|2sp
Quilted Coif+Camail 2/3/4 Upper Head, Lower Head, Neck, Shoulders Textile 1sp
Mail Coif 6/4/3 Upper Head, Lower Head, Neck Layer 1 1WT|2sp
Silversteel Facemask 10/9/8 Faceϕ Constricts Breathing 1, Hard 1WT/-1PP 5gp,8sp
Silversteel Lamellar Coat 7/7/7 Full Torso, Shoulders, Groin, Hips, Thighs, Knees Hard 1.5WT 34gp
Mail Vest and Sleeves 2WT 38sp
Quilted Sash 2/3/4 Belly, Groin, Hips, Thighs Textile 1sp
Couters 8/7/6 Elbowϕ Hard 1WT 5sp
Vambraces 8/7/6 Forearm Hard 1WT 5sp
Gauntlets 8/7/6 Handϕ Hard 2WT 5sp
Hardened Leather Kneeguards and Greaves 2sp
Leather Leggings 2sp
Leather Boots 3/2/2 Feet 1sp
852sp|11.5WT

Misc Items:
Burdinadin Prosthetic Lower Leg 25gp

Boons & Banes (-10):
True Grit (6)
Literate (1)
Allies (5, SC)
Hale and Hearty (2, SC)
Oath, Fealty to the God-King (-2)
Severed Limb, Left Lower Leg (-15)
>>
>>51828840
KS emails you when you back, with the number included.
>>
>>51828629
We're still recruiting for the Tournament.

26pcp, 8 max per category, 0 magic

We're allowing up to Tier 3 Races
Can't use Burdinadin tech without being a Burdinadin.
Ohanedin can't into metal, but weapons w/ wooden handles are fine, swords/daggers are okay.

No guns, throwing is fine though.
Your character fights alone, no dogs, no hired thugs, no horses.
Armor & Weapons can't use special materials, no silver steel or orichalcum.
I guess if you want to pay more for Bronze, or fuck your weapon with Iron we won't disqualify you for that.
>>
>>51828844
No silversteel, ya goon.
>>
>>51828840
Click on your bubble in the top right of the Kickstarter page. Go to Backed Projects. Click on Song of Swords. Scroll down.
>>
>>51828844
Silversteel was prohibited.
>>
>check this thread
>someone levies problems
>other people get defensive instead of posting possible solutions
We hugbox now
>>
>>51828866
Copy that. What's the setting for the tournament? A Helion Roman-style arena? A bar brawl gone wrong and thrown into 1v1 honor duels? Who dictates skill check results for when I come up with shenanigans?
>>
File: I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'VE DONE THIS.gif (1023KB, 450x262px) Image search: [Google]
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'VE DONE THIS.gif
1023KB, 450x262px
>>51828869
>>51828869
>>51828878
DAMN IT I KNEW IT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE

Also, why? We have the limited supply rules to curtail this stuff.
>>
>>51828888
>someone points out subjective issue
>is repeatedly told about the upcoming solution to such issue
>ignores this and keeps posting
we baited now
>>
>>51816450
Thread may be autosageing but here is mine.
http://paste2.org/w3IA3cnE
Complete with thinly veiled references and apparently my generic blank sheet.
>>
>>51828904
The limited supply rules are bad and meaningless besides so long as you stick five or six PCP into social class, to have infinite money.
>>
File: 1468533434798.jpg (589KB, 1918x2515px) Image search: [Google]
1468533434798.jpg
589KB, 1918x2515px
>>51822982
>check out big reddit thread
>somebody has already started discussion about elf waifu hierarchy in the Tattered Realms
/tg/ never changes
>>
>>51828927
Also, Silversteel and Orichalcum are rare and expensive. The lore says that professional soldiers often have a piece of Silversteel specifically, but that is absolutely fucking retarded and throws the whole setting into disarray if it's true, so it should be ignored.
>>
File: anime_girl_reaction_face (3).gif (443KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
anime_girl_reaction_face (3).gif
443KB, 400x480px
>>51828857
>>51828873
Cheers, gents. Looks like I got a classic.
>>
File: Rhade 3.jpg (6KB, 160x161px) Image search: [Google]
Rhade 3.jpg
6KB, 160x161px
>>51828728
I am in charge of this operation
There is not yet a date or time decided for the tournament. We need more characters

>>51828733
You will not be allowed to use anything related to Gnosis, sorcery, Orredin powers, or anything else related to that. So long as you're aware of that, yes you can be an Orredin. The spirit of this rule is what matters.

>>51828818
You don't have to play as your character. We will allow the creator to have priority to play their own character, but anyone will be able to play any character if we need to do the fight and you're not around. This is how we ran the previous tournaments, and it worked out swell.

>>51828629
We are still accepting characters to the tournament.
>>
>>51828918
The problem of "what do I tell this redditor who is dumb but part of the dosh-providing community" is not "there will be something eventually".

Further, the solution to problems is not "it will be edited". That's like saying "make America great again". It might sound like a good idea, but there are a lot of fucking details that need to be figured out.
>>
File: anime_girl_reaction_face (5).gif (731KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
anime_girl_reaction_face (5).gif
731KB, 400x225px
>>51828994
Oh, shit! I'm a fucking moron!
>>
File: anime_girl_reaction_face (7).gif (1018KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
anime_girl_reaction_face (7).gif
1018KB, 500x281px
>>
>https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?798442-Song-of-Swords/page2
This thread is well onto its second page and just got its first post from a legitimate user.
>>
File: fitting.png (359KB, 541x935px) Image search: [Google]
fitting.png
359KB, 541x935px
>>51827215
>>
>>51829008
I'm going to be making up some Burdinidin stuff for my lore entry. Going to have a combat related character from a field research team specc'd out for the actual tournament.

As such, is the full Burdinidin armory from 1.2 in play, or is only the more granular but limited selection from the 1.9.9 allowed?
>>
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?719028-new-rpg-suspectly-similar-to-Riddle-of-Steel

>concern trolling
>>
>>51828904
Essentially every weapon in the tournament would then be Silversteel or Orichalcum.
It'd be +1 damage and take Break off the table for a lot of people.

I'm willing to listen to an argument for keeping them in the tournament.
>>
>>51829088
We're not using 1.2 at all. We're using 1.9.9.
>>
>>51829105
That thread is old as all fuck.
>>
File: kyhber.jpg (110KB, 900x431px) Image search: [Google]
kyhber.jpg
110KB, 900x431px
Okay, no silversteel. Not going bother updating costs, I know I have enough. I'll clean this up over the next few days, but now Rhade has it for reference.

Kal Desar, Karthacki Footsman
Race: Human(1)
Att: 160 (7)
Skills: 9 (4)
Profs: 18 (7)
Wealth: Minor Noble [3W] (5)
Boons: -10 (2)
26/26 CRP

Money: Enough
CP: 16/14
MP: 8
FR: 2x (3 Fatigue Per Round)
CAR: X/12

STR 6 AGI 8 HT 6 END 6
WIL 6 WIT 4 INT 4 PER 8
ADR 6 TOU 6 CHA 9 MOB 10 GRIT 6 CAR 12

Profs:
Noble School Level 8 10gp
Polearm (+2) Katakama Yari
1H Sword (+0)
Bow (+0)
Grappling (+0)

Talents:
Flourishing Drills [N]
Slowpoke [N]
In-Fighter [N]
Good Form: Hook [J]
Head Guard [J]
Ironwall [J]

Skills:
Athletics 3
Observation 4
Drill 4
Leadership 4

Weapons:
Katakama Yari w/ Custom Tight Grip 2 2H|VL|7(+2p/+2c)|7(+2p)|7(0)|AP Swing 1, Heavy Weapon, Hook, Tight Grip 2|2WT|6sp
Khyber Knife Sword|1H|S|7(+0c)|7(+1p)|7(0)|Draw 2, Thin Blade|0WT|1sp

Armor:
Conical Helm 8/7/6 Upper Head Hard, +2 vs Downward Swings 2WT|2sp
Quilted Coif+Camail 2/3/4 Upper Head, Lower Head, Neck, Shoulders Textile 1sp
Mail Coif 6/4/3 Upper Head, Lower Head, Neck Layer 1 1WT|2sp
Facemask 8/7/6 Faceϕ Constricts Breathing 1, Hard 2WT/-1PP 8sp
Lamellar Vest 5/5/5 Full Torso Hard 1WT|1gp
Mail Vest and Short Sleeves Full Torso, Shoulder, Upper Arm Hard, Layer 1, Mail 1WT
Quilted Sash 2/3/4 Belly, Groin, Hips, Thighs Textile 1sp
Couters 8/7/6 Elbowϕ Hard 1WT 5sp
Vambraces 8/7/6 Forearm Hard 1WT 5sp
Gauntlets 8/7/6 Handϕ Hard 2WT 5sp
Hardened Leather Kneeguards and Greaves 2sp
Leather Leggings 2sp
Leather Boots 3/2/2 Feet 1sp
???sp|11WT

Misc Items:
Burdinadin Prosthetic Lower Leg 25gp

Boons & Banes (-10):
True Grit (6)
Literate (1)
Allies (5, SC)
Hale and Hearty (2, SC)
Oath, Fealty to the God-King (-2)
Severed Limb, Left Lower Leg (-15)
>>
File: steak-cook-main-again[1].png (286KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
steak-cook-main-again[1].png
286KB, 500x350px
>>51829008
Since it's Rhade in charge, that generally means American hours. As for not playing my character I'm not really interested in the Lore slot, I'm that creative of a soul and I have doubts about my ability to create an OC. Oh well, I'll make someone and if I'm not available I'll let you know later so you or someone else can pilot the guy.
>>
>>51829105
You know they have timestamps in there, right?

Also
>Shadow of the colossus style climbing on monsters
Jimmyyyyyh, It's been years based on the timestamps. Use at least a ton out of the money to get these out.
>>
>>51829125
How about just armor?
>>
File: MainTile_v5_13[1].jpg (103KB, 780x446px) Image search: [Google]
MainTile_v5_13[1].jpg
103KB, 780x446px
>>51829181
not that creative, fuck me. Can't even type these days.
>>
>>51829194
Ori and Silversteel armor is even worse than weapons.
>>
File: Master_asia.jpg (87KB, 530x422px) Image search: [Google]
Master_asia.jpg
87KB, 530x422px
>>51829181
>>51829205
Just try anyway. Maybe there'll be some merit to your shitty character.

i.e. a dude who goes around and punches people in a robot because you punched nature in your robot
>>
>>51829244
How so? Not everyone can afford more than the limited supply ratcheting the price through the roof. The parts are still joint thrustable. We already have burd armor to deal with as well as normal Bulletproof
>>
>>51829628
Limited Supply doesn't apply to armor for some reason
Money isn't a problem if you put 5 or 6 PCP into Social Class. With just 5 you run out of things to spend money on real quickly
Burdinadin armor requires significant PCP in race and proficiency as well as in Social Class
There's no reason anyone wouldn't armor themselves with these materials if they have the money for it
Only joint thrustable parts are actually joint thrustable; you write as if it applies to the whole of armors
Orichalcum and silversteel are materials associated with the Ascended, and Ascended are not allowed, so it'd be out of place
We don't want someone to win because they had a magical axe or magical armor. They certainly won't lose because of their magic items
>>
>>51829768
>>51829768
>>51829768
>>
>>51829244
You say that, but imagining a full suit of orichalcum plate? That's amazing, and a goal well worth striving for.
>>
File: anime_girl_reaction_face (56).jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
anime_girl_reaction_face (56).jpg
8KB, 300x168px
>>51827215
Thread posts: 416
Thread images: 86

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.