[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Song of Swords: This isn't my job, get someone better next time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 47

File: 19109546_p0.jpg (268KB, 970x1363px) Image search: [Google]
19109546_p0.jpg
268KB, 970x1363px
Last time on Song of Swords:
Ancient skull returns after two years locked in a cupboard, bemoans lack of biscuits
Jimmy visits reddit, calls 3d space a cheat
Kesh harvests
15000 Stretch goal met. Dreams may not be just dreams

The KS link & Opaque's website
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2006613790/song-of-swords-tabletop-roleplaying-game
http://www.songofswords.net/

Song of Swords is a a tabletop RPG centered around realistic medieval fightan' with a ludicrous variety of weapons and fighting styles, centered around a dice pool system. It's currently in beta, and can be used for both fantasy and historical games. Kickstarter is happening NOW we are kicking ass baby!

Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

MEGA folder containing current version of the game and all supplementary materials.
Note that the latest version of the game is v1.9.9 but with additional supplements. It's NOT what's currently on Opaque's website, because Jimmy is Jimmy.
https://mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
http://tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

We also have a Discord now, at https://discord.gg/zzTq7Xw
Come join us if you wanna ask a question or have a friendly fecht, or shitpost at Jimmy in real-time

>There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: https://app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
>The room might be empty, but the people who teach the game still browse the thread frequently. If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread. We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room.

AND THE LEGEND CONTINUES
>>51771641
>>
>>51800675
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I forgot about friday
>>
>>51800714
What?
>>
>>51800827
I missed the extra Visionary Noble+.
>>
>>51800834
You may be in luck, as I have one of the noble + slots and I've been thinking of using my slot for all of us gents to collectively build a place or character but I've been having trouble figuring out how to set the parameters and if anyone would like the idea.
>>
>>51800875
I'm in as long as there's angry peasants.

Could just do the standard bounce-ideas-off-anons thing.
>>
>>51800890
Yeah most certainly, possibly just bounce ideas off and maybe collect 10 or so finalists, run some fechts and whoever survives is our champion.

I don't really know but maybe when the thread gets busy again people can shoot some interest this way and a smarter anon can get some polls going.

Still plenty of details to beat out but I think its a neat idea.
>>
>>51800675
Didn't realise we were on a new thread.
>>51800872
>>
File: HSDCX.png (505KB, 948x423px) Image search: [Google]
HSDCX.png
505KB, 948x423px
I'm sure we can beat at least one of these numbers.
>>
>>51801578
I dunno man, Furries are both rich and devoted. While we'll only get people with actual interest furries back things just because it has animal people in the art
>>
>>51801622
Maybe it's just that Sanguine's punters are cheapskates, then, because the two of their KS's that I've backed only come out to 383 backers and $24,874 when added together, and I'm sure that there's significant overlap between the two.

Sanguine are the company behind Ironclaw, for reference. I'm sure Opaque will do better than them, though!
>>
>>51801664
Ironclaw's got massive brand recognition. It's famous as "that furry game that's actually pretty decent".
>>
>>51801943
Which is why it's kind of surprising that that HSD supplement managed to get significantly more than the latest Ironclaw one. Though I suppose it doesn't help that Sanguine tend to be late on their KS's.
>>
>>51800675

How does SoS compare to Riddle of Steel or Blade of the Iron Throne? Is it faster to run combat for?
>>
From the rebbit thread in a post about the Marju:

> Your blood runs beneath its surface in great rivers

Would I be wrong for thinking this isn't metaphorical
>>
>>51800675
Steal initiative works mainly on people wearing great helms and the like, right?

>>51800875
Are you suggesting a tournament?
>>
>>51802137
Do the Marju worship Sartur?
>>
>>51802137
It's the Tattered Realms, who the fuck knows.
>>
>>51801622
Furries aren't rich. They're total white trash.
>>
>>51801943
Well SoS SHOULD have massive brand recognition, if only Jimmy and the gang had actually shilled and promoted the game over the past few years instead of just hanging out with us and making a whole new set of social media then abandoning it every six months.
>>
>>51802782
desu they do have decent brand recognition on 4chan. You can find people who know about it on other boards.
>>
>>51802793
>on 4chan.
That's like saying 'decent brand recognition in Botswana' for all it means to the greater online RPG community.
>>
>>51802920
You'd be surprised. Because I am a masochist I go on Reddit, and there's a fair amount of cross-/tg/ culture. The outlook is vastly different but the information's shared.

Also, we did get past the goal.
>>
>>51802946
>we did get past the goal.
That's because our 134 backers are rich.
>>
>>51802968
Yeah so we're decent enough on our own. Not the god-men Jimmy seems to think we are, but decent.

Also according to google's captcha an Aztec temple is now an apartment building.
>>
>>51802980
The point is that we could have a lot more than 134 backers if Jimmy and co. had gone about shilling these past few months.
>>
>>51803017
I don't disagree. This game has obscene potential (compared to our current situation).
>>
>>51801980
Faster than Riddle of Steel, yes. Never really gave BotIT a fair shot, to be honest. Too many flaws that were immediately obvious just from reading the book.
>>
>>51802946
>we did pass the goal
The goal of twelve e grand. We're an order of magnitude - at least one - away from where a game like this should be, and where it would be if Jimmy had actually promoted the thing on multiple sites before now.
>>
>>51800675

Legit thought that was Lady Liberty from the thumbnail.
>>
>>51803054

Can it do magic or anything a bit more swords and sorcery or 'heroic'? I mean bare chested Conan types fightkng competently and not getting skewered on sight.
>>
>>51803237
There's meant to be a magic compendium coming out with the KS.
>>
>>51803263

Sweet, can't wait then!
>>
Lu Bu fecht when?
>>
>>51803237
Conan wore armor when he could afford it.
>>
>>51803384
When you run it.
>>
>>51803400
But Jimbo's supposed to run it I think.
>>
>>51803237
>or anything a bit more swords and sorcery or 'heroic'?
You CAN do it, but you probably shouldn't. It's not really built for it, even if it takes notes from Berserk.
>>
>>51803489
I don't recall Jimmy saying a damn thing about running a Lu Bu fecht.
>>
>>51803528
You must be new then.
>>
>>51803237
It isn't made out of the box for completely naked barbarians. It's always better to wear armor, which as >>51803393 said he usually did in the original stories. Fighting against multiple opponents will get you killed, usually.

There are a few ways you can make it work. The first is to ignore all infection rules. That shit ain't heroic. The next is to designate some enemies as mooks that die or are out of the fight after any level wound. They'll still be dangerous, but you can go through them quickly with stuff like Cleaving Blow. Then, make your characters have a higher starting PCP (creation points) at default. You'll have competent, powerful characters that can cut through a number of faceless goons.
>>
File: king_richard_iii.png (275KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
king_richard_iii.png
275KB, 640x360px
Jimmy!

These guys literally direct people to new rpg kickstarters!

http://rpgkickstarters.tumblr.com/
>>
How would you stat the Cainhurst armor from Bloodborne? Is this armor in any way realistic or similar to historical armor?
>>
>>51804029
A lot of it's covered, but what we can see is pretty typical late medieval plate.
>>
>>51804029
desu historical armour included a lot of fucking stupid shit which nonetheless looked cool.
>>
File: Cainhurst_Armour.png (231KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
Cainhurst_Armour.png
231KB, 410x410px
>>51804074
>>51804079
It's not normal solid plate. They're like segmented or something.
>>
File: rxob7IJ.jpg (179KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rxob7IJ.jpg
179KB, 1920x1080px
>>51804099
>>
>>51804099
Yeah, it's doable. I'd guess it's not optimal, judging by the way it sits on your body. IRL people mostly used actual plates which were formed to look like clothing, instead.

A similar system can be found in brigandines/coats of plates, but those sit more fully on the body.
>>
>>51803094
And the 15 for extra decks.
>>
>>51803094
If Jimmy can work his ass off shilling and keep the momentum going, I think this can hit 30-40k.
>>
How do I sell SoS to people without making it sound crunchy? Many people I know are turned of by crunch.
>>
>>51804175
Emphasize the narrative aspect. Emphasize the fast play
>>
>>51804175
Don't say "it's got a lot of rules." Just tell them combat is slightly more involved than D&D and it's better for it and extol the virtues that align with your friends.
>>
>>51804099
Wait, is that mantle metal? I thought it was leather in the previous picture. I guess it's basically gothic lamellar then.
>>
>>51804175
Push the two action attack/defence back and forth.
>>
>>51804174
Look at the donations per day, the momentum is already dead.
>>
>>51804099
That looks like a solid breastplate with some thin metal segments hanging off as a cape.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (157KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
157KB, 1280x720px
>>51804204
It's hard to find hi res pics of it.
>>
>>51803863
>http://rpgkickstarters.tumblr.com/
Damn, someone throw them SoS. Jimmy or not.
>>
>>51804262
http://rpgkickstarters.tumblr.com/contact
>>
>>51804284
It should be Jimmy, so that the page doesn't get half a dozen submissions.

He seems dead set against promoting his own game, though, so if he doesn't do it in 6 hours someone else should send it in.
>>
>>51804262
>If you are running an RPG-related Kickstarter project, feel free to tell us about it by using the "SUBMIT" link, below. You'll be asked for a title, the link to your Kickstarter page, and a paragraph of information. We'll approve it once we check it's not spam, off-topic, or a complete mess

I think this makes it sound like they want the creators specifically to get in touch.
>>
>>51804320
>>51804262
Jimmy, when you do this MAKE SURE TO GIVE THEM ART. Looking at their tumblr the ones that catch the eye are the ones with some art, but don't use character art. Give them a stylised title or something.
>>
>>51804304
>in 6 hours
He was up until 3 last night and may have day job or family or something today.
>>
>>51802148
Yes actually, I figure its the only fair way for us to pick results.

We would just need some combatants.
>>
>>51804485
>GIVE THEM
It sounds like you just make a full-on tumblr post through the submit UI, so he'd write his own thing with his own choice of art embedded. It should probably be the battle scene used to head the kickstarter, though.
>>
>>51804555
You mean the cover, with Gizka, Moonfucker, and Toehead in the midst of a group fight? That's got the title on it and everything.
>>
File: Rusty_Khopesh.jpg (446KB, 1804x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Rusty_Khopesh.jpg
446KB, 1804x1008px
>>51804544
>There is a non-zero chance of canonising a mad old noble trying to figure out how the weird bronze sickle from Izagone works
>>
>>51804555
What? I was trying to stress the importance of art. I don't have any appropriate pictures to upload on that front so to the caps-lock it went. Without art, it'll probably just get ignored. I know I would anyway. There's so much vying for attention when looking through there first impressions are usually the only impression.
>>
>>51804544
This can be the next truly great tournament. Everyone makes a character with regulated PCP for tournament purposes, not necessarily reflecting their actual abilities, and we all battle it out.

Is the guy who ran the first two tournaments still around?
>>
>>51804544
Can I compete just to compete?
>>
Jimmy only needs to maintain an average daily pledge of $340 from tomorrow onwards to get the last stretch goal.

$340 * 27 = 9450 + 15887 = 25067
>>
>>51804262
>>51804284
>>51804304
>>51804320
>>51804485
>>51804555
We're on it.
>>
>>51804703
Where are your other shill targets? A dedicated Q&A or something on RPG.net, other forums, youtube guys, whatever.

Also, do you have plans to have a forum on your website?
>>
>>51804620
Yes, I mean exactly that. It's perfect for this, because it was made to be perfect for this.
>>
>>51804727
I don't think they have targets. It's been the better part of a week and so far the entirety of their marketing has been "make a thread on reddit". Which, to be fair, helped a little bit. But reddit is not the only site in the world, there's so much that they're ignoring. And a lot of this should be done sooner rather than later. Like, do they not know that forums are slow?
>>
>>51804727
>>51804703
https://www.reddit.com/r/wma/

This subreddit talks about For Honor so you could advertise SoS there
>>
>>51803094
At least it means I have extra time to decide whether to back it or not before the gamemaster+ tier runs out.
>>
>>51803863
"Some items approved on this site may also appear automatically in EN World's news. Not all of them, though - there are simply too many!"

Aw shit nigga.
>>
>>51804029
He helm reminds me of gunpowder era parade/ceremonial armor.
>>
>>51804771
If nothing else, we need a party line on "what's the difference between this and Blade of the Iron Throne".
>>
>>51803863
>nothing posted in three months
Hmm
>>
>>51804862
That's another place. Even if it isn't up on the News part, they can make a thread on whatever their announcement forum is.
>>
>>51802745
Oh, if only the disease were contained to that sliver of the white race destined for purge.
>>
>>51804771
They haven't even posted on most forums. They're ignoring all of the most populated ones. That's the most frustrating part.
>>
>prepare to remake the chinese homebrew weapons
>find even more ridicilious kung-fu weapons
Why did communists have to ruin china?
>>
>>51805032
>They haven't even posted on most forums.
Showing my ignorance here, where should they be targeting?
>>
>>51805062
EN World up above, an actual thread on RPG.net rather than the ignored subforum for shilling, Giants in the Playground, theRPGsite, and whatever other subreddits are out there.

Some of those have threads already, but they're all just Some Guy. Nothing official, and never in any actual place that would draw traffic or interest. No reason to back, or content. At best, Claymore pops in and says, "Hey guys thanks for existing". Jimmy is the community guy, isn't he? He should be on these sites doing Q&As and answering questions and putting lore out and giving people a reason to actually fucking care. Bovine had more of a web presence than Opaque does. Not good presence because they're idiots, but presence.
>>
>>51804917
That'll be here:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?10-Publishers-Promotions-Press-Releases-amp-Kickstarter-Announcements
You need three posts to put links on their forums though.

>>51805062
GiantITP comes to mind as another place that would be good to target, though I don't know what subforum. But even the places where we have threads, like rpg.net, they're not threads with Jimmy and the gang, they're threads someone else made, and then later claymore posted (poorly) on a one-post account like that's somehow going to help. Jimmy himself has posted literally nowhere but here and reddit because he's a coward who fears nonymity so much that he'll go "this is good enough" with what little he's got so far instead of actually promoting the shit he's spend half a decade on.
>>
Here's a master marketing list:

Literally the only properly utilized thread:
>https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/5uvnqi/song_of_swords_a_successor_to_the_riddle_of_steel/

Existing threads made by random fags:
>http://www.therpgsite.com/showthread.php?36131-Kickstarter-Song-of-Swords
>https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?798442-Song-of-Swords
>https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/song-of-swords-rpg-now-on-kickstarter.494800/
>https://www.reddit.com/r/kickstarter/comments/5ucnwi/song_of_swords_a_tabletop_rpg_to_reinvent_combat/

Places there should be a proper official Jimmy-made thread:
>ENworld
>giantITP
>RPG.net
>theRPGsite

More suggestions for that last category are probably advisable.
>>
>>51805177
I'd put https://www.reddit.com/r/wma/ on the last list too. Maybe it's not a perfect fit but it's related, and the worst they can do is not back it.
>>
>>51805177
Jimmy should also probably post in the Spacebattles thread while he's at it. It actually got some interest but would get more with one of his lore dumps.
>>
>>51805140
>>51805129
I vote we do daily threads, rotate forums, and have jimmy to do Q&As there.
>>
>>51805239
>It actually got some interest
It's fallen from the front page already.
>>
>>51805307
>rotate forums
Only 4chan and reddit are that fast. For the others, he should go to the forum each day and make one post, answering questions and dropping some relevant lore. But first he needs to make the threads, which for some reason is a major fucking hurdle for Jimmy. It's not fucking rocket science, you know?
>>
>>51805340
Problem is, Jimmy's been on 4chan too long. He thinks that if he makes a thread as himself, the dev, people will call him a shill and hate him. He's paralyzed with fear of failure and so he does nothing and accepts failure as the default.

Though he's not a typical Californian in many other ways, Jimmy's critical failing is still, in the end, an utter lack of balls.
>>
Did Jimmy hide the Kickstarter from Galt because he was afraid Galt would make him do actual work to get it funded?
>>
>>51805177
He should probably update the fucking Kickstarter itself too.
>>
>>51805362
Oh come on man I went onto the Reddit, that was a big step out from under the missile umbrella for me. We're going to start getting active on other forums I promise. Cross my heart and hope to die.
>>
>>51802745
Right, because they can't afford to buy elaborate custom-made suits or flying halfway across the country every three months to go to raves and/or sex orgies.
>>
>>51805385
>We're going to start getting active on other forums I promise
How about we do at least one a day?

You talked to the rpg.net mods about confirming your dev status yet? Devs are a privileged class on rpg.net.
>>
>>51805385
>I promise we'll do it in the future
No, Jimmy. You only have a month. You're already more than an eighth of the way through. You should have done it by now so that the threads and communities across the various communities would have time to get used to the idea, see the kickstarter, talk about it, and be ready to donate as the clock ticks down. That takes about a month, which is why that's how long kickstarter's are. You should have done it by Thursday night. But you didn't. So don't keep saying you'll do it "soon", do it now.
>>
>>51805398
They can't, they just do it anyway while working long hours at minimum wage jobs and living in trailers. It helps not having kids.
>>
>>51805047
The ones on the right though, they look like they could be pretty damn effective.
>>
>>51805385
You've been saying that for the last few days, and you have done nothing. This is pretty fucking simple. You can make these threads in ten minutes. The fact that you came here to defend yourself from mean names rather than just fucking doing it says a lot about yourself.

Grow some fucking balls and do it, you coward. Every day you waste is money you're wasting. Stop making excuses and do your job of marketing the game.
>>
Thread is super blackpilled despite the fact that we funded the game. Truely nothing will make you guys happy
>>
>>51805501
Dealing with Jimmy "Pitiful Mediocrity is the Only Thing I Know" Rome does that to a person.
>>
File: Life.jpg (60KB, 376x495px) Image search: [Google]
Life.jpg
60KB, 376x495px
>>51805501
>>
1) Are there mass combat rules? Bonus for siege rules.

2) Are there insanity / corruption rules?

3) Is there a bestiary with fantasy creatures (undead, etc)?
>>
>>51805577
No
yes
no
>>
>>51805577
Some fantasy creatures have been written out, but not a huge number. More to come.
>>
>>51805606
We have some rules for undead types I think, and a little peak at monster fighting.
>>
File: Fucking chill.png (38KB, 394x159px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking chill.png
38KB, 394x159px
>>51805501
Yeah, I don't know what people expect. It's funded. With couple of stretch goals, and there's a month still to go.

Just fucking chill, ya wankers, the game is already funded, no need for some fucking shilling campaign to communities that don't want us.

I repeat.

It's already funded.
>>
>>51805656
Well they're right about the need to outreach. I'm doing it now. The upside is we're definitely going to hit the 17k stretch.
>>
>>51805501
>kickstarter finally
>we all put up our money
>okay now we need to shill
>we go out and put our time (on top of our already-offered money) on the line trying to promote this thing
>Jimmy does nothing
I'm just a random thread guy. I shouldn't feel like I'm doing more to make this thing successful than Jimmy, the community relations person, is doing.

>>51805656
How about expecting Jimmy to do his fucking job.

>communities that don't want us.
They do want us. They want what we have to offer. They just don't fucking know it yet because nobody has bothered to tell them. Look at the reddit thread, the only one that has actually been used correctly. There's as many enthusiastic people as in the fucking 4chan threads. People want this, but they need to be told about it before they can get excited and get involved. And that is literally Jimmy's official job. It's not his only job, true, but for these thirty-one days it's by far his most important job.
>>
>>51805748
>Look at the reddit thread
Senpai I hate to break it to you but that's mostly us.
>>
>>51805323
Better than a lot of the other ones though.
>>
>>51805760
We actually have a way to track that, when someone donates via plebbit's donate button it tells us on the ks. They have actually been throwing a good amount of dollarydoos at us.
>>
>>51805760
In the comments, maybe, but there's also several that look pretty authentic to me. And even if every post was one of us just pretending not to know as much as we do, it's still there on the front page, looking active and advertising for us. And unless Jimmy's lying has gotten a fair bit more bold than the usual "soon" shenanigans, people referred to the kickstarter from reddit have put up hundreds of dollars so it's probably having a pretty real effect.

>>51805806
What's a good amount to you? Because so far it seems lower than the rest of us expect.

Also leave the thread be until you've got forum stuff sorted, don't make the "I was responding to the fans, that's part of the marketing effort!" excuse to yourself.
>>
>>51801980
They're all the same thing. The majority of differences between the games are minor.
>>
>>51805806
Ignore all advice but mine.

There is one thing alone which you must do:
>>
>>51805859
>BotIT
>only minorly different
Maybe in theory, but the passion system fucks the whole rest of the game over immensely.
>>
>>51805760
desu even if it is mostly us, pledditers are still reading the Q&A. Activity counts.
>>
>>51805859
They're minor differences that mean the games play very, very differently and have very different focuses.
>>
>>51805859
>>51805876
I mean we've not stolen any of our art but I felt that was a bit snippy to put in my replies.
>>
>>51805900
Also a significant lack of tits on every page. At least I assume.
>>
>>51804652
The guys, plural, and yes we are.
>>
>>51805915
Rome and the rest of us SoSfags are far too patrician to care for a woman's charms.

On every page will be a chiselled statue of a man, rippling with patriotic heroism. Some of them will have oil.
>>
>>51805918
Willing to run another one in the honor of this glorious occasion? Even if the guy in the end doesn't end up offering his backer character to the winner, it would be a fun event.
>>
>>51805915
Tits on every page was a tone/setting thing not rooted in the system. There won't be tits on every page (which I've only seen in BotIT and the Conan splat for 3e GURPS) but there might be historically accurate armor and weaponry on every page.
>>
>>51805934
>Some of them will have oil.
>Some
>Jimmy Rome
Anon...
>>
>>51805934
>>51805948
Jimmy asked us to change the SoS discord server image from oiled up muscular elf to something more in pleb taste.

I don't even know what this game and community is about anymore.
>>
>>51805501
>pushing Jimmy to make his game the best he possibly can
>pushing Jimmy to earn as much money as possible
>blackpilled
>>
>>51800675
What's the artists name? Posting the character art to /r/ImaginaryCharacters would be good promotion. Just need the name of the piece, the artists name, and then I'll link to the campaign.

Or someone else can.
>>
>>51805876
You're probably right. I was referring to combat, since that's what he asked about specifically
>>
>>51806066
"""pushing"""
Yes.
>>51806081
I've actually seen Gizka appear on /b/ waifu threads, so it seems like it's got potential.
>>
In Blade of the Iron Throne you couldn't gang up on a single enemy. Is that the case in SoS?
>>
>>51806105
Passions come up in combat though, you can add your passions to your CP.
>>
>>51806119
Fuck no.

You want to win, right?
>>
>>51805944
Running it is no problem. What we need are excited players. Get those and we can accomplish anything.
>>
File: really mate.png (19KB, 1247x204px) Image search: [Google]
really mate.png
19KB, 1247x204px
This better not be it.
>>
File: reeeeeeeeee.png (569KB, 920x720px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeee.png
569KB, 920x720px
>>51806136
reeeeeeeeeee let me work
>>
>>51806119
You can very easily gang up on people, and they will almost certainly die.
>>
>>51806128
One here. Thinking about making a classic longsworder.
>>
>>51806081
The OP art doesn't belong or is related to Song of Swords in any way. I got it from Pixiv mate. I can link you if you still want.
>>
>>51802745
Whether they're rich or not, they have alot of disposable income when it comes to their deviancy.
>>
>>51806206

Please tell me you are bullshitting about Pundit? Please?
>>
>>51806206
What are you still checking the thread for? We're going to be fine without you for the time it takes you to work. But do a proper job of it, you know? It's not like you ain't done this before. Hell, if you really can't come up with an interesting post that you think won't offend plebian sensibilities, just write an interesting one and we'll help with the censorship.

We all love ya mate, you ain't got to be so stressed. This is well within your abilities if you just do it.
>>
>>51806453
About what now?
>>
>>51806453
What, being a fan? They're both lolbertarian types, it makes sense Jimmy would like him.
>>
>>51806462
Forget about the inoffensiveness. We need the full Jimmy. The unadulterated Jimmy. Jimmy...you are still a Catholic, yes? You still hold that commandment dear?

Wait Jimmy are you a virgin?
>>
>>51806495
He's also kind of retarded and a paranoid weirdo.
>>
>>51806630
We already said that.
>>
>>51806453
Who is Pundit?
>>
>>51806386
Sorry, meant for the general campaign art.
>>
>>51806630
That sort of comes with being a libertarian. The Pundit is opinionated and vitriolic, but at core he does love games, and his reviews are generally spot on. I imagine he and Jimmy would disagree on the subject of religion, but they're also both pretty into the occult... It might balance out.
>>
>>51806728
You've gotta be careful with occultistfags. Yeah, they can be patricians, but more often than not they're the pleb kind.

Wiccans >>>>> Nazis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Enlightened Jewish Kabbalists

And the number of Wiccans and Nazis far outweighs that proud race.
>>
>>51806604
He did say he was a Catholic (comparing himself to Tolkien in reference to orcs) in the Reddit thread. Probably shouldn't mention that off the bat in RPG.net because they can be vindictively liberal and you don't want that to be the first impression, but still.
>>
>>51806802
That was rhetorics. Of course he is still Catholic. I believe in him.
>>
>>51806206
Your most important place is still the kickstarter page, because that's where the people decide whether or not to give you money.

You're two updates behind.
>>
So I had a question for you fine people who know these systems better than me. Since ballad is supposed to be the one that is more designed around be able to use guns. I was wondering if it could be used in a way to do shooting with a fast resolution kind of like something you could have seen in john wick where it was fatal, fast and if got to close could devolve into a knife fight and still run well.

Also do you think that 4 players would be too much for the system and would bog it down or would that be fine?
>>
>>51807073
What would John Wicks pool be like?

Same kind of monster as Sarah, with 32 bloody dice?
>>
>>51807073
That's pretty much what the system was made for. Unlike SoS, BotLW is pulpy.
>>
>>51807073
It definitely works for that sort of thing, but some of the rules would need to be updated for it to really work for John Wick stuff because he did a lot of martial arts.

>>51807098
Gizka has 32 CP as a "youthful captain," which suggests that this is her in her teens. Setting-Gizka is like 30. She's probably come a long way since she was a young lady.
>>
>>51807120
I'm gonna used Jimmy's setting just so I can save the Marju from his waifus.
>>
>>51807120
How old was John Wick, same as Keanu, going towards 60?
>>
File: John_Wick_on_the_move.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
John_Wick_on_the_move.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>51807073
You might want to turn some of the Way of Five stuff into "Action Hero Points" or something.

For CQC I guess you could do a stripped down version of SoS which without all the long weapons works fine I guess. Do two actions a phase and reduce the target zones to Ballad target zones?
>>
>>51807120
Gizka's 32 is about the absolute pinnacle that is possible to achieve in game. From memory, when Jimmy listed the 10 best swordsmen/fighters in all of Tattered Realms, Gizka was in there and we figured the absolute maximum possible was 34-ish. technically you can go higher, but that's only by being an Adherent to a Silver Guard with stupid amounts of Faith.
>>
>>51807336
That spearhead looks just like the bronze motherfucker I've got on my shelf.

I guess there's only so many ways you can make a sharp thing kill well.
>>
>>51807336
10 ADR
20 Proficiency
3 Natural Born Killer
2 Bonus from Noble

35 is the best possible fighter a human can be.
>>
>>51807442
Add +10 for anime action like John Wick.
>>
>>51807442
Hey, my memory was pretty close.
The Sarturi ability No Hard Feelings no longer mentions the Complete Monster bane. Does that mean they can gain Faith Arc this way, or am I misremembering that it mentioned it at all?
>>
>>51806128
I've been down for another tournie since the last Ballad one. Let's do it!

Should we brainstorm some ground rules?
>>
I nominate a guy with two other guys and a box of pistols and bags of ammunition.
>>
File: 1478731084495.jpg (246KB, 1068x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1478731084495.jpg
246KB, 1068x1600px
>>51800675
Does this system actually completely accurately model how extremely effectively a full proper suit of fitted plate protects you?
>>
>>51807884
It's not perfect, but damn if a plated enemy isn't scary motherfucker in this.
>>
>>51807884
What sort of casual system WOULDN'T be autistic enough to model that?
>>
>>51806206
Jimmy

Ever think of getting in touch with Jeffro Johnson and the pulp revolution guys? A setting like Vosca is right up their alley.
>>
>>51807884
Yup. Seeing an enemy in plate armor is terrifying if you don't have a mace or a a sword capable of half-swording.
>>
u could prolly post shit on /r/worldbuilding but they don't like you posting other ppls work so jimmy pls
>>
>>51807940
Or a polearm, I hope.
>>
>>51807884
If you are in plate, most weapons are not going to hurt you. Certainly not swords. Enemies are going to need to bring polearms, maces, warhammers, or some sort of dedicated anti-armor technique like half swording. Even then, you're still really fucking well protected.
>>
>>51807884
If you have good plate, you can quite literally ignore an all-in attack to the chest from a fairly normal combatant, like the pict or jaggie from last thread's fecht.
>>
>>51807884
There's just about no disadvantage to being in full-plate. It is the best armour and it is hard as fuck. You need to put your sword through the joints, get something with heft and an AP value or wrestle them to the ground for a good shot.
>>
>>51808046
The disadvantage is it costs so much you won't need to armour half your body because you've sold it to a hungry Ohanedin.
>>
File: Tobias Capwell4.jpg (71KB, 680x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Tobias Capwell4.jpg
71KB, 680x1024px
>>51807918
>>51807920
>>51807940
>>51808017
>>51808040
>>51808046
>>51808097
Good, good. I will keep this system in mind. Thank you.
>>
>>51807884
1: Yes
2: Holy shit there are so many helmet options. You can even put special crests on your helmet for different effects.
>>
>>51808180
Not just crests but visors, ventails, coifs, and other options to play with.
>>
>>51808097
>It's also good for mining salt and iron! In 500 years, when Vosca enters the industrial age, they'll also discover that 80% of the continent's natural chromium reserves are in Pishka.

That's ominous.
>>
>>51807973
Or are good at wrestling. Dude in armor can still be brought to the ground and have a dagger fitted tightly up his poop-chute.
>>
File: brainsizesosgirls.jpg (218KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
brainsizesosgirls.jpg
218KB, 857x1202px
>>
>>51802137
I can say with 95% certainty that it's literal. Somewhere between Sartur existing, the fact that the Infinite Steppe behaves similarly to the Chaos Wastes, and the terrifying number of Marju that apparently exist, it would not be out of line for the setting.
>>
>>51806760
Would you believe that the jewish national television station has been publishing an extended series teaching Kabbalah?
>>
File: 1461541814078-2.jpg (118KB, 512x853px) Image search: [Google]
1461541814078-2.jpg
118KB, 512x853px
So I know that this is your typical Orredin and Eskarne is your average Ohanedin but what do the Burdinadins look like?
>>
>>51810004
What is that animuu picture? How does some deformed child bring an image of eye-laser shooting superspecies to you?
>>
>>51809507
this is fact
>>
I hope Wilhelm places in the army deck vote. I want to see his story.
>>
>>51810102

Short immortal and youthful creatures with a breeding program.
>>
>Eskarne's "army" is just people who follow her around against her wishes
>>
>Song of Swords has 84.43% of Bovine's Kickstarter Backers.
>Song of Swords has 258% the funding Bovine got for its Kickstarter.
>27 days to go

wew lads.

How does it feel, Jimmy? If you keep the momentum from falling too far for the next 27 days you"ll easy reach 30k by the end. That"ll be five times what Bovine got.
>>
Who are these Bovine people?
>>
>>51810516
Another TRoS spiritual successor who got their nickname from the naked lady they had on every page or opening.
>>
>>51810516
Blade of The Iron Throne
>>
File: r.png (88KB, 1256x661px) Image search: [Google]
r.png
88KB, 1256x661px
According to Matt Easton, this bit here is an unfortunate part of reality. If someone wants to throw their life away to hit you, you can't really stop them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clsW-mlzNbE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mgPu1cVDrw
>>
>>51810361
The answer is probably "feels like having 16,400 dollars."
>>
>>51807884
It's good but not perfect. I don't think it adequately models gaps and unarmored spots. I think Band of Bastards does it better. The mechanics used in Band of Bastards already appear in Song of Swords, but they're used for other purposes: regular rigid metal armor in BoB behaves similarly to magical orichalcum armor in SoS. Also, in BoB, there are certain hit locations that plate armor simply cannot possibly cover, and there are ways to strike at those areas. You have to protect those with mail voiders or gambeson. And yeah there are weapons that ignore those special rules because they're good against mail or plate armor. And finally, grappling in BoB is ridiculously lethal and fast, like holy shit.
>>
>>51805944
>>51806128
Backer here, I wouldnt go back on my word and as long as we meet the minimum requirments on the tourny and Jimmy says its okay I say lets do it.

Of course I have no idea how to organize it but if someone wants to make a poll and collect entries in the next thread OP ill be watching.

Of course someone will need to make my entry as I'm still a bit new at character creation.
>>
>>51810516
They may have made silly decisions with their artwork and lifting paragraphs almost word-for-word from Riddle, but remember the Bovine guys are our comrades. They loved Riddle of Steel, they went to make their own game about it, and they did it. They even went and made maneuver cards (albeit of average quality) and a sci-fi supplement too. We can't stay mad at them.
>>
>>51810779
>a sci-fi supplement
Wait what?
>>
>>51810750
>simply cannot possibly cover
anima
>>
File: pic2573732.jpg (459KB, 613x871px) Image search: [Google]
pic2573732.jpg
459KB, 613x871px
>>51810791
I think we have it in the OP. If not, someone has it.

>>51810806
anima =/= plate
>>
>>51810004
Burdinadin are kinda average-height and are essentially unremarkable looking as far as elves go. They can have chestnut colored skin, though.
>>
>>51810843
Jimmy has said that many of them look different from the "base" Burds because they do sometimes breed with humans. The ones up in the Kaselreich are supposed to basically look German at this point because they've been there so long.
>>
>>51807442
Ah, my child, let us travel to magical Christmasland.

Have two such 35 CP fighters
Apply Shield Trick, Flourishing Drills, and the other die-adders
Perform a successful Riposte in Action 2 against someone using every die available, who succeeds on every die
Now you can strike back with nearly 80 dice.
>>
>>51810751
>>51807808
>>51806347
We need a theme for the tournament. Previous tournaments served the purpose of testing the rules. Back then, we found problems with the rules in almost every single fight. Today the rules are put together much better. If the theme of the tournament is playtesting, then we need something to test.
If the tournament is held just for fun, however, then we can do anything. We would pick a PCP level, create characters at that PCP, and then have some sort of tournament. It could be single elimination like previous ones, or round robin if we have only a few characters. They can be but don't have to be white room fechts. We could even do team fights if we have enough players available for a few hours to learn the game & fight it out.

I want to hear from you /tg/. Are you interested in playing in such a tournament? Are you not interested in playing, but very interested in reading about the fights that ensue? Do you just want to spectate? Let me hear from you!
>>
>>51810751
Have some spare time tonight? I can help walk you through in the Roll20.
>>
>>51811106
Very interested, as player and spectator.
>>
File: Orc Warboss.jpg (161KB, 987x818px) Image search: [Google]
Orc Warboss.jpg
161KB, 987x818px
>>51800875
This game needs Orcs, lets make an Orc character and they will add it to the lore, 10/10 idea.
>>
File: 1485145934781.jpg (90KB, 600x411px) Image search: [Google]
1485145934781.jpg
90KB, 600x411px
>>51811106
I'd participate for the fun of it, and to see if I can do the thing I wanna do. But one of the guys is offering to give his OC donut steel slot to the victor, which I don't really want. I have no character or even loose outline that I'd want to hamfistedly shove into tattered realms' oozing orifices.
>>
>>51811106
I lust for the blood of innocents.
>>
File: 5688-974067908.jpg (22KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
5688-974067908.jpg
22KB, 250x300px
>>51811173
Porcs used to exist until they were rightfully genocided for daring to exist, back in the lands before time. That you want to bring back anything even remotely similar makes me view you as a fiend who should be purged.
>>
>>51811106
The goal is to decide which character is immortalized in Canon as an official member of the world of the Tattered Realms. So they must be in some way worthy. Maybe an interesting character, or a fecht protagonist, or a character emblematic of an esoteric SoS meme like khopeshfag. Whatever they are, they must be fit to represent the thread as a whole.
>>
>>51811256
>Porcs used to exist
>
Don't make me go find Jimmy's post about Joinling Porcs.
>>
>>51811278
Not Joinlings of when some brat lost control of his powers and fused the rest of his rural farming family with local animals. Actual porcs.
>>
>>51811106
I'd like to see a plethora of fights! Singles, doubles, players versus a gang of beasts.

>>51811117
I might, what time?

>>51811173
Ha, I don't think so.
All characters gotta fit lore AND be submitted with a background and some fluff as the winner will have to have flushed out decently before they are admitted into the canon I believe.

Basically a small notepad of info must a company acompany the participant.
>>
>>51811256
You are probably correct about me needing to be purged, I would never dispute that.
>>
File: Elf Comic orcs.jpg (306KB, 900x708px) Image search: [Google]
Elf Comic orcs.jpg
306KB, 900x708px
>>51811256
>>
>>51811268
>Whatever they are, they must be fit to represent the thread as a whole.

The Worm. Only our degenerate brand of playtesting could have spawned such a creature.
>>
>>51811309
I've got about twenty minutes left on the show I'm watching, but I should be available anytime tonight, providing I don't get wasted.

>All characters gotta fit lore AND be submitted with a background and some fluff as the winner will have to have flushed out decently before they are admitted into the canon I believe.

Boom, we have our first rules for the tournament.

I'd like to see some characters from areas not covered by current NPCs. Svitgardians, Lagorians, Kedouins, Gearloch etc,
>>
>>51811367
An in-universe tourney? I like it. We could even set it in the Helian arenas. I'd be down, but what PCP?
>>
File: 4b4c89d7f340251c6852a51b0530f6de.jpg (483KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4b4c89d7f340251c6852a51b0530f6de.jpg
483KB, 683x1024px
>>51811106
Regardless the fight, I'm ready.
>>51811352
ESPECIALLY for you.
>>
>>51811278
Jimmy was joking about making a stone-age version of TR back when Far Cry Primal was coming out. The races were basically humans, zells, ohanedin and orcs.

The implication was that the other races ganged up on the orcs and wiped them out.
>>
>>51811367
That could work, ill be free for a few hours until work.
>>
File: worry.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
worry.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>51811402
cuau go and stay go
>>
>>51811367
So be it. We're going to have the Grand Canon Tournament!
Step number 1 is to find out as much as we can about the lands of Vosca, so we can make characters from these strange lands like Gearloch and Lagoria. I don't know anything about these places.
Step 2 will be picking a PCP. I think we'll get something medium-high.
From there we can determine something about equipment availability and cost.
>>
>>51811382
I figure the character will have to be a cut above the rest, a capable fighter\leader\etc and what not.
>>
>>51811106
Interested as a spectator, I have played Ballad, but haven't played Song of swords yet, so I don't feel comfortable with its combat system compared to Ballad- although I could play and learn along the way, I dunno
>>
>>51811459
Don't worry about it! Learning as you watch and play is how everyone learned in the first tournament.
>>
>>51811451
26 PCP should be sufficient I think. A good middle ground of powerful, but grounded. Should we use 1.9.9 or the weird PDF that is available on the website? I'd say the latter, even if it is weird.
>>51811459
>>51811483
Same, I learned through the first tournament (and ended up running the second).
>>
>>51811497
>Should we use 1.9.9 or the weird PDF that is available on the website? I'd say the latter, even if it is weird.
I agree. Do we have a changelog for what's different between the two?

Jimmy where are you get over here
>>
>>51811483
>>51811497
Alright, I guess I'll give it a try! I got the 1.9.9 rule book, but I can also get the weird PDF too if you guys select that one.
>>
>>51811451
26 PCP
>>
Maybe this tournament should be called the Donut Steel tournament or the Special Snowflake tournament
>>
>>51811505
>>51811497
It's fucking weird though. The latest iteration needs to be released already.
If Jimmy can't provide, I say the LaTeX book.
>>
>>51811558
Its weird, but it is what is presented to the public. If we're demonstrating rules for the public, we should use them.
>>
>>51811497

Weird PDF to learn the game because of how it's edited
>>
>>51811554
Donut Steel Tournament.
The arena should literally be a steel room shaped like a Torus but with a flat floor
>>
>>51811427
Aight, I'm done with Legion(pretty decent start to a show btw), hopping over to Roll20 now.

>>51811451
>>51811497
>>51811505
So 26 PCP at version 1.2*

Anything regarding minimum in skills or such?
>>
>>51811590
Ill jump over in a few minutes.
>>
Are we going to record this or anything, or is it just going to be a case of 'go check the roll20'?
>>
>>51811590
The actual skills of a character may be very different from what would win a tournament. I'd say minimum 3 PCP in skills, with the caveat that their lore may have them as much more skilled than their stats indicate.
>>
>>51811659
Here's a helpful guide for those unable to check the R20.

http://paste2.org/aKfOBmWJ
>>
The point will be to make am actual character. If the premise is true, the winner gets canonized as an actual character, right? So if you just make some murderhobo, then when they're ported into the setting they won't be a king or anything, they'll be someone's pawn, or perhaps a hermit. They'll be a huge fucking weirdo at least, lacking social skills with 1 INT or CHA. If they're a cavalry commander they better have high enough skills in ride, leadership, tactics, intimidate, etc. to justify that role, or they'd be kicked out or replaced real quick in the "real world." So that's the impetus for making an actual character without going murderhobo or heaven forbid terrorhobo.

This will be our Star Road tournament equivalent from VGCW
>>
File: 1419570406549.jpg (350KB, 1201x889px) Image search: [Google]
1419570406549.jpg
350KB, 1201x889px
>>51811694
I like it.
>>
File: EmGahLx.jpg (262KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
EmGahLx.jpg
262KB, 1152x2048px
Here's a figure of Cainhurst armor.
>>
>>51811721
That's nothing like the ingame model.
>>
>>51811694
That's an arbitrary as hell rule.

>>51811707
But this is true.

Frankly, since esoterica and the esoteric school don't exist or are broken shit right now the character I would make doesn't fit. May I present a stand-in?
>>
>>51811747
To elaborate, it would be someone related narratively to the actual character.
>>
>>51811505
Schools have changed in pricing for one.
>>
>>51811763
This is fair. If you want to include a scholar, then he wouldn't be able to compete. Can he have a champion?
>>
>>51811707
Basically this, only at least somewhat detailed and flushed out characters will be considered for the character slot prize.

Anyone can fight and enjoy the game of course, but Ill reserve the final say in that matter.
>>
Reading through, I am a bit lost on schools.
So it has the entry cost and then additional cost per proficiency added? So for a noble school with 3 proficiencies it would cost 7 points.
Is this including the human trait "Willing to Learn"?
How many points would it cost to learn the above school + proficiencies?
Thanks for the help, very new to this.
>>
>>51811925
*how many points would it cost a non-human to learn the above school + proficiencies?
>>
>>51811697
Beware, this is for a different version than the official one, mostly sound though, will update it asap.

>>51811925
For 1.2? We'll have an answer in a sec.
>>
>>51811823
>>51811707
So, when are you planning on having the tourney itself?
>>
>>51811925
Schools are the single most common thing people ask about. Don't worry, you're not alone. We'll have something for you in a minute.

>>51811954
That's like thing #4 or 5 to figure out. We'll get there!
>>
File: R2.png (3MB, 1448x930px) Image search: [Google]
R2.png
3MB, 1448x930px
We've got a lot of folks in the roll20 room talking about the tournament and v1.2 rules right now. Come on in and say hi!
>>
I've never touched this glorious shit in my life. I'd like to run a "learn to play" fight on the fly, to see both how hard it is to learn and how it goes when sir know-nuffin is at the helm before I sic it on my group.
You folks up for helping me blunder through the process of having one man murder another for spurious reasons?
>>
>>51812080
Sure. Go to the roll20 link in the OP and tell 'em what you're there for. Looks to be about 10+ in there at the moment
>>
>>51812080
That is what the R20 room is for, actually.
>>
>>51812080
That's like half the purpose of the Roll20.
>>
>>51812080
Roll20. Purpose.
>>
>>51812093
>>51812100
>>51812101
>>51812114
Thanks
>>
If we all add 2 dollars to our pledges. We can get that anime folder now. Instead of waiting
>>
How retarded a character idea is a Burdinadin whose goal is to destroy the natural environment by industrial development everywhere, who sells it as 'creating employment'?
>>
File: Pollution.jpg (35KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Pollution.jpg
35KB, 500x400px
>>51812638
Captan Planet Villain/10
>>
>>51812679
How much more Captain Planet can I go?
>>
>>51812606
Or I could just go to /a/
>>
>>51812638
I actually had an idea of a Burdinadin villain wanting to start the equivalent of a nuclear apocalypse in order to kill the spirits at the small cost at making the environment less hospitable for everyone else.
>>
>>51805703
>since this time he's made two posts saying, essentially "hi" and nothing more
>no new threads that I can see (and if I can't find them by looking, then imagine the people who aren't looking)
>for those two posts, hasn't even bothered to make the account look legitimate by picking an avatar and maybe finding some arms/armor or history threads to boost his postcount in
How can someone be so terrible at this? What is even going on in California?
>>
>>51812824
Celebration
>>
>>51812892
>>51812824
Of all the flooding?
>>
ONLY 250 USD UNTIL JIMMY HAS TO GIVE UP THE GOODS
>>
>>51812824
Well he also updated the kickstarter. That's something. Not a big something, but something.
>>
>>51812966
No he didn't. That was Bones.
>>
File: Literally Jimmy Rome.jpg (58KB, 600x936px) Image search: [Google]
Literally Jimmy Rome.jpg
58KB, 600x936px
>>51812824
>>
>>51812824
>>51812966
It's been one of those days m8, we've had a series of meetings regarding important events. One of the reason we space updates out is that being spammed with too many updates is apparently really annoying.

We've made some serious progress though, big things are happening. We've got something like 300 (not an exaggeration) potential outlets for mass advertisement here and we're furiously attacking them all. There's also talk about a more regimented and organized advance on the other sites.

We also discussed the inevitability of the adventure, and the mystery box.

Big things happening in a few days. I'd urge you all to remember:

1: We are exceeding both our expectations and industry averages significantly. This is a success story, we might even get a feature on Kickstarter itself out of this.

2: Most things that you think are my fault are actually Bones' fault. He's a cheater, he sucks at Bushido Blade, and I've heard that he buys antique Napoleonic sabers just to throw them into the ocean.

3: We are listening to you and determined to improve our outreach model.
>>
File: rev it up boy.png (281KB, 1022x314px) Image search: [Google]
rev it up boy.png
281KB, 1022x314px
Rev up that anime girl folder, Jimmy.
>>
File: tops.gif (951KB, 540x400px) Image search: [Google]
tops.gif
951KB, 540x400px
>>51813474
>>
>>51811106
Make it an outreach thing

Shill it on social media

Maybe detach it from /tg/ a bit, at least on its surface, but definitely make people able to follow along. Maybe make it a three-day event
>>
>>51813474
Aw FUCK
Alright I'll need to label my newest additions. I will release it tomorrow morning, first thing!
>>
>>51811558
The LaTeX book lacks some features that might be necessary. 1.2 likely has the updated versions, but I'm busy with my studies strangely, quantum mechanics is the least difficult course I have right now, so while I'm willing to update the book, I need help to make it happen so battlefield terrain, mounted combat etc. are in the book

If someone can make a changelog for me, I can update the LaTeX book. A comprehensive list of what's changed from 1.9.9 to 1.2 (which really should be 2.0, no?) would let me update the book within a few hours of work at most

I'll post this request in the next thread as well
>>
>>51808017
Because of a provision in Half-Swording that makes Joint Thrust do full STR, swords are some of the best can openers in the game, and it is completely retarded

Joint Thrusting with a Grutte does serious work
>>
>>51813426
>We are exceeding both our expectations and industry averages significantly.
Yes, but you've done so way more significantly if we're talking about the quality of the product or its goodness of fit with the current than if we're talking about the money so far. You should be making more, and you would be if you made more progress and less excuses.

>This is a success story
You worked for four years and made an amount of money that would still have put you below the poverty line if you'd done it in one. Comparing it to some little clone or gimmick product developed over the course of a couple months is not enough to accurately say that the kickstarter is successful.
>>
>>51809507
Who's the redhead
>>
>>51813625
Crecerelle D'Arceline.
>>
>>51813625
D'Arceline. She's a Gallian.
>>
File: ----------------------.jpg (93KB, 576x384px) Image search: [Google]
----------------------.jpg
93KB, 576x384px
>download PDF
>Burdinadin Armory

The fuck is this?

What system/setting is this?
>>
>>51813550
A change log from 1.99 wouldn't be really helpful cause 1.2 is more like they took 1.2 or some other earlier version and imported a few new tables
>>
>>51813614
Are you practicing to psychologically abuse your Asian children for getting a 97?
>>
>>51813690
Yeah Burds have some crazy bullshit technology.
>>
>>51813764
We had a day of celebration. That's enough. Now on to getting shit done. There is, after all, a limited window of time to do so.
>>
>>51813690
>he doesn't want to fight scottish highlanders from the comfort of power armor
>>
>>51813550
I'll admit I've been a little confused reading 1.2 here. I'd assumed people had been choosing to use an earlier version of the ruleset.
>>
>>51813426
>I've heard that he buys antique Napoleonic sabers just to throw them into the ocean.
I loled
>>
>>51813907
1.2 came out alongside the Kickstarter just a couple days ago. We don't even have a changelog for what's different between it and the preKS v1.9.9
>>
>>51813748
What
Explain
>>
Hey, what's with v1.2? You can't copy text from it. The Copy option is grayed out.
>>
>>51814096
Security settings forbid it. You can use SmallPDF to saw the security off, though, then you should be fine.
>>
>>51814114
can't let those crazy fa/tg/uys go copying text
they'll probably cause the next 9/11
>>
>>51814096
That's my bad. Totally didn't mean for that to be a "feature". I'll re-upload in a bit.
>>
>>51814135
ctrl + c can't melt steel beams
>>
File: leopard-seal_608_990x742.jpg (95KB, 990x743px) Image search: [Google]
leopard-seal_608_990x742.jpg
95KB, 990x743px
>>51813614
You worry too much! We're fine.

Hey how do I share this thing, I think they killed the site I used to use.
>>
>>51814371
mega
>>
>>51814371
if this thing is a PDF, mediafire or MEGA
>>
>>51813550
>which really should be 2.0, no?
No, no it shouldn't.
>>
>>51814371
If "this thing" is the seal, use imgur. If it's the anime girls, zip it them up and mega.nz
>>
>>51814390
Thaaat was it, MEGA. Alright well it's got about 50 minutes to upload. I'll drop it as soon as it's ready.
>>
>>51814371
I know you're fine. But you can and should be better than fine.
>>
>>51814371
Hey Jimmy, what forums and other communities have you got proper threads going in now?
>>
>>51814424
>>51814284
Guys, Attribute points are purchased in threes and twos at character creation, but can only be spent in increments of four. What the hell?
>>
File: 89HANHg.gif (693KB, 339x279px) Image search: [Google]
89HANHg.gif
693KB, 339x279px
>>51814424
>>
File: Riposte.png (216KB, 1326x847px) Image search: [Google]
Riposte.png
216KB, 1326x847px
Riposte is garbage now. Why would you ever do it? You'd only do it if your opponent has 3 or fewer dice left and you just absolutely must hit them before the next Action, which would be never. Or if you have Specialist Riposte, and you get a net 1 die from spending 1 to Riposte while they spend 2 to Quick Defend. Do you want to parry and attack in one Action? That's what Simultaneous Parry/Attack is for!
This maneuver serves no purpose, and it removes the old Riposte, which was a good option to counter medium-high dice attacks when you had a dice advantage. This new one doesn't even use your BS on the Parry in any way. Even Masterstrike does that. So this new Riposte is trash.
Explain this change, Jimmy.
>>
>>51814577
If a guy attacks you and you respond with Simultaneous Parry/Attack, you can Riposte off the Parry and attack twice in one Action with the same weapon.
>>
>>51814605
Delivering two shitty attacks with a massive dice cost, rather than one effective one.
>>
>>51814437
I know, I know, but stop blackpilling the kids. I actually brought your posts up in particular at the meeting. We're going to be stepping up our outreach strategy and we're going to be doing it fast. We've also got some pretty major-league spotlight stuff coming up. A lot of people won't even talk to you until you get a kickstarter buzz going, which is kinda lame. The reality about advertising is, most of it is about convincing people that it'll help their numbers to talk about you.

>>51814478
Well I'm trying to keep the Reddit thing going, though I've been winding down for the day since the conference earlier. I've also at least set foot in RPG net and site respectively. I'll admit I'm coming off as a bit of an awkward duck there but I think it'll turn out better once we get some traffic.
>>
>>51814630
I mean if I'm doing Simultaneous Parry/Attack it's usually because the other faffer doesn't bother protecting themselves or they'll waste their quick defense.

Works really well on people that don't fully plate hobo, and I'm fighting a plate hobo I'm doing something wrong.
>>
>>51814648
Oh hey, Bones has a message for you guys. Apparently his suggestion box has been stuffed full, he's really glad to hear from you guys, and he'd like to discuss some stuff like, potentially, your guys' stretch goal desires and the future of the game.

And for that purpose we've got ourselves a plebbit thread! Do they call them threads?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SongofSwordsRPG/comments/5v3d20/kickstarter_stretch_goal_wishlist/
>>
File: Cossack Drag.png (113KB, 1051x771px) Image search: [Google]
Cossack Drag.png
113KB, 1051x771px
This is new.

>>51814668
That's cool and all but why does Riposte go over that exact same design space?
>>
File: Weapon Throw.png (215KB, 1347x786px) Image search: [Google]
Weapon Throw.png
215KB, 1347x786px
Weapon Throw no longer subtracts damage for the target's range. Throwing your sword at HA range does as much damage as throwing it at LL range.
>>
>>51814684
As the previous anon said, riposte supplements simultaneous parry attack for two attacks, of which only one he's defending against or wasting a metric asston of his dice in addition to mine.

Besides, not every proficiency gets simultaneous parry/attack either.
>>
>>51814648
>I actually brought your posts up in particular at the meeting.
I guess I can't ask for more. But you know, it's frustrating to see nothing much happening from your end especially considering how long certain things have taken the team in the past. I'm not sure "talked about it in a meeting" is the sort of timely solution needed when you've got a twenty-seven day timer to build public awareness and then maintain it long enough that people actually donate.

>I'm trying to keep the Reddit thing going
Not much point. It's fallen off the first page of the subreddit, it's effectively dead now. That was a good thread, but the payoff has happened. Move on to other stuff.

>I've also at least set foot in RPG net and site respectively.
Those posts don't really count as anything productive, honestly. At least RPG.net has the Q&A thread coming, pending a moderator response. Right?
>>
>>51814729
If they had a meeting about it I guess it means they have a battle plan? Good planning is important when you have just a few days.
>>
>>51814723
>Besides, not every proficiency gets simultaneous parry/attack either.
Only 1H Blunt, 2H Blunt, and Polearm get Riposte but don't get simultaneous parry/attack at the same time. The Blunts get Riposte at tier 2. Polearm gets Riposte at Tier 1 and Parry/Attack at Tier 2.
All others either have both moves or neither.

>riposte supplements simultaneous parry attack for two attacks, of which only one he's defending against or wasting a metric asston of his dice in addition to mine.
It doesn't make any sense. Why would you Riposte instead of waiting one Action and attacking? God forbid you have to pay a range cost to attack, since that range cost will apply to both your Riposte attack and your Simultaneous attack. If you just wait one Action then your Simultaneous attack may hit and move you to your range, saving you dice for your next strike. This new Riposte maneuver is just a way to throw away dice for virtually no benefit. You have to succeed at the Parry, then you have to throw dice away for the activation cost and make an attack. That means you won't be using this in Action 2 unless you somehow have a colossal dice advantage (at least 10 in your favor). So would you use it in Action 1? Not if you had Simultaneous Parry/Attack as well. And if you have Riposte but not Simultaneous as outline above, you'd only use Riposte if you have a huge dice advantage. But why would you? In such a case you only have standard Riposte, not superior. So you'd have to derive some benefit from hitting them twice instead of hitting them once with 2 or 3 more dice, like using a weapon with Shock or Bleed. But since you have a massive dice advantage why wouldn't you just roll more dice in the next Action and enjoy high chances of success?

The bigger question is: how does this justify removing the old Riposte maneuver? This is at least the second time Opaque has steathily removed the old Riposte and they've never said why.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwmDUVxBxA0
Thread needs to cheer up.
>>
>>51814869
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3rz8umSpdc
>>
File: 1479328979798.jpg (123KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479328979798.jpg
123KB, 819x1024px
So what are the most overpowered bullshit starting characters we've come up with so far?
>>
>>51814925
That artist's works are my fetish.
>>
>>51814284
Fixed.
>>
>>51811106

I'd love to participate, though I don't really have a handle on the rules so far.
>>
>>51815142
Don't you worry about that. Lots of other people don't either. You'll pick up on it real quick as you watch fechts in real time.
>>
>>51815142
Pop into the Roll20 now and we'll teach you how

There'll be a lot of newcomers, and with the latest few releases there aren't any current masters of the system.

So get in while the gettings good
>>
>>51815153

Sounds good.

>>51815169

At work, I'll show up once I get home.
>>
File: tumblr_n2z468Noyb1qg56ojo1_500.png (73KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2z468Noyb1qg56ojo1_500.png
73KB, 500x475px
>>51815179
when do you get out of work?
>>
>>51815203

It's still early here, I'll be home in about 7 hours.
>>
>>51815203
hnngh
>>
>>51814424
>Two hours later

What's keeping you? Shame or has the internet drowned as well?
>>
>>51815426
He has Comcast.
>>
NEW
>>51816298
>>51816298
>>51816298
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.