[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 381
Thread images: 62

File: crocodiledragon.jpg (225KB, 1920x1274px) Image search: [Google]
crocodiledragon.jpg
225KB, 1920x1274px
Crocodile Dragons Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/
http://combodeck.net/

>Thread Question
What is your biggest pet peeve in Magic?
>>
>>51812226
>Thread Question
People who play Islands
>>
>>51812226
>What is your biggest pet peeve in Magic?
My group trying to fight me on rules that don't work in their favor, while still deferring to me for all rules questions that do work in their favor
>>
File: KalemneDiscipleofIroas.jpg (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
KalemneDiscipleofIroas.jpg
34KB, 300x300px
Poor threat assessment.

>>51812221
And yet she's in the absolute worst color combination in the format, with no synergy with basically any of the subthemes of those colors unlike Jor-Kadeen or Tajic, while performing the same exact role except worse and being similarly costed.
>>
What is your biggest pet peeve in Magic?
30 minute turns when I'm about to win.
>>
>>51812226
So After getting told to make a Tappedout account, I did so and entered what I had so far.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/frankies-first-edh/

What should I add to this deck for the remaining 60 cards? I'm a bit creature starved, so I'm not sure what to add. Some tutors?
>>
>>51812276
>with no synergy with basically any of the subthemes of those colors
She actually does if you look beyond the, yes, admittedly shitty face value "play big guys" thing, for the same reason Wizards always gives WR the double strike guys in sets.
>>
File: 1425003184837.jpg (62KB, 532x502px) Image search: [Google]
1425003184837.jpg
62KB, 532x502px
>>51812226
Easy. When your playgroup gets mad at you when you do anything at all to disrupt their board state or foil their plans.

Seriously, in my group, I can't even play a fucking boardwipe without everyone getting pissed off at me.
>>
>>51812226
Like, overall, or in a game?

Overall, it's people who argue about badwrongfun- both competitive players telling casuals that they're wrong, and vice versa.
>>
>>51812270
become a judge and tell them to stfu
>>
>>51812292
So if you remove "play big guys", what synergy does she have with WR that other Commanders don't do infinitely better?
>>
>>51812276
Kalemne is a far better Voltron commander than Jor Kadeen. Tajic is more resilient but packs less of a punch, pound for pound. Both of them are more "Go-Wide" commanders. Double Strike + Vigilence is incredible synergy for the Swords/Jitte
>>
>>51812314
She plays equipments (and I guess auras) better than the other two you mentioned because of double strike, and vigilance allows you to protect yourself when you're doing nothing but swinging, and she's cheaper than jor kadeen and holds equipment better than him.
>>
>Biggest pet peeve

People fucking whining about boardwipes or resource destruction.

If my only way to stop your 10/10 Indestructible Hexproof dude is to make it so you can't even play it, then good. Fucking timmy.
>>
>>51812292
She could be a 21/21 double strike and I would hesitate to call her good being in the colors that she's in and the lack of evasion.

The fact that she doesn't even kill in three hits unlike the usual go to voltron commanders, has no evasion, no protection and is in terrible colors does not paint her in a good light.
>>
>>51812363
No one called her good. did anyone call her good? I don't think so.
>>
>>51812363
She's better than both the other commanders you listed, however, Voltron is pretty easily done in Boros, where as going wide isn't.
>>
>>51812363
She kills in 3 hits with almost any equipment put on her, or if you follow her up with a 5 or 6 drop.
>>
File: 27.jpg (51KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
27.jpg
51KB, 312x445px
>>51812289
Given the tone of your deck, this is a must. Don't forget master decoy
>>
File: strowman.png (183KB, 365x405px) Image search: [Google]
strowman.png
183KB, 365x405px
>>51812268
>>51812270
>>51812276
>>51812287
>>51812295
>>51812305
>>51812340
OP here, my biggest pet peeve is when you've beaten someone and they look at the top card of their library to see if that would have beat you. It's like, "Fucker, you're already dead. It doesn't matter if your next card would have turned the tide because you lost. Quit trying to make yourself feel better and accept the fucking L."
>>
>>51812289
Sram's Expertise + Restore Balance

DO IT
>>
>>51812374
I've said she's bad, and get a reply saying that wasn't the argument, and that "How one builds one's deck is a better way to gauge a commander's impact."

So I make the claim that she lacks synergy with her colors and list similar commanders with synergy with those colors, ones that are naturally larger than her and with better abilities. The reply I get is that she has synergy.

No. She does not.

>>51812403
Tajic kills in three hits without any equipment on him, as does Jor Kadeen. Or you could just run Uril and despite still being in an awful color combination at least kill someone in two hits.
>>
>>51812289
Even tho I know this for fun, the deck building restriction only lets you have cards that share a color identity with your commander.

You can have cheatyface outside of the game tho.
>>
>>51812426
But anon, I always look at what my next few draws would have been at the end of a game. Even if I win.
>>
>>51812306
That doesn't work as well as you might think for some people.
>>
>>51812426
You're kind of a baby, anon. Of course I'm going to look at my next couple draws if I lost to see if I'd get anything good because why not?
>>
>>51812440
Saying " No" doesn't make you right anon. Others have posted legitimate support for their claims while also discrediting yours.
>tajic
a 2/2
>jor kadeen
a 5/4

Do you now understand that looking at cards in a vacuum isn't always the best way to evaluate them? Because that's what you've been doing for Kalemne yet at the same time assuming ideal scenarios for those other commanders.
>>
File: 62.jpg (43KB, 299x722px) Image search: [Google]
62.jpg
43KB, 299x722px
>>51812226
My biggest pet peeve is when I play control/stax and I'm the only one stopping the combo player from going off and then some dumbass kills me because I countered his genesis wave for 50 or his ulamog and then he complains when the combo players win
>>
>>51812226
So is Toyark going to be a legendary, or a normal ass creature?
>>
>>51812426
I do this all the time. It's just fun to look, and like you said it doesn't matter
>>
>>51812440
Tajic requires other creatures to be there and he has no evasion or relevant keywords that help end the game. Only good thing about Tajic is that he's indestructible.

Jor is hardly used as the commander because he supports going wide more than going tall. His keyword sucks too.

Double Strike is literally the best thing a voltron commander can have. It's why Rafiq is considered one of, if not the best voltron commander. Hexproof is a close second, but you're really undermining Double Strike. The vigilance just adds a level of defense as well.

Is Kalemne bad? When you compare her to every other commander in the game, yes. When you compare her to Boros, not so much. Only better ones are Gisela, Aurelia, and Iroas imo.
>>
File: schweddy man.png (3KB, 279x241px) Image search: [Google]
schweddy man.png
3KB, 279x241px
>group wants me to build straight-up Turn Creatures Sideways deck
>too Johnny to let go of combos
>can't decide which Big Fat Timmy commander to build
SHIT
>>
>>51812440
Tajic only kills in three hits if you're also attacking with other creatures. If we're arguing 'with no support', Tajic kills in 11 hits.
>>
>>51812564
Toyark's the name of the website that took the picture, dipshit.
>>
>>51812596
Ruric Thar, with the only noncreature, nonland card being Primal Surge.
>>
I'm going to build a gitrog deck eventually. And I'll put a sequestered stash in it.
>>
>>51812463
id figure anyone tries to become a judge to spite him would probably fail if they are bad at rules.
>>
File: IMG_3290.jpg (47KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3290.jpg
47KB, 223x310px
>>51812596
Look no further, Xenobro got your back
>>
>>51812596
>want to try to take the creatures approach
>board wipe board wipe sac a noncreature permanent 'no combat phase for you' spot removal board wipe

This is why I play combo, you fuckers. THIS IS WHY.
>>
File: 1481699028624.jpg (25KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1481699028624.jpg
25KB, 312x445px
r8 and h8 my edh decks m80s

BW Teysa tokens
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/little-teysa-3/

UR Nin fun stuff - the least competitive of them but pretty fun in a classical "controlly" way
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/nin-wip-1/

And Bant Enchantress Voltron - the one I need the most help with because I still don't know which cards to cut to be optimal
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jenaras-bant-enchantress/
>>
>>51812680
My group is comprised entirely of Timmys. And the Meren player. Wipes happen rarely, and I'm usually the one who drops them just to keep myself from getting annihilated
>>
>>51812596
Brion Stoutarm. You get to turn creatures sideways, just not in a traditional way
>But Boros
Don't be a pussy. Run artifact/red draw/wheels
>>
>>51812226

Whatcha think? Jund colored Croco-Dragon God?
>>
>>51812724
I hope so. We are far overdue for Shard commanders
>>
How many 'exile graveyard' cards should I play against my Meren player at my LGS? He always wins because no one wants to kill him before he has an obscene board state and always managed to come back.
>>
File: oh.jpg (107KB, 1269x987px) Image search: [Google]
oh.jpg
107KB, 1269x987px
>>51812596
Have creatures turning sideways combo with their life total.
>>
>>51812628
Oh, absolutely.

What I'm saying (from experience) is you can say "I'm a Level 2 Judge, and here is the exact passage in the Comprehensive Rules, plus a screenshot from the Rules Manager's personal blog, plus an article -I fucking wrote- about this specific interaction"

And they'll still say "You're wrong tho"
>>
>>51812775
I'd say 2 or 3. You don't want to go overboard. Every game you stop him with grave hate, point that out to your opponents. Every game where you didn't and he wins because NOBODY stopped him, point that out too.

Or just build your own super graveyard deck.
>>
>>51812492
>>51812582
>Do you now understand that looking at cards in a vacuum isn't always the best way to evaluate them?

Alright fuck it, wasn't going to go this far but I need to keep procrastinating so here.

Sure, if we had some ridiculous restrictions to our argument and say we can't have other creatures for Tajic, or artifacts for Jor Kadeen, then yes Kalemne is pretty decent in this vacuum no cards in hand, nothing on the board, your opponents have no creatures, you have no other creatures or artifacts and your opponents have no cards in hand scenario. Just slightly less worse than Serra Ascendant even.

Now let's talk about board wipes. White has really good boardwipes. Too bad though, as you can't cast them because they kill your commander. Which other commanders can live through boardwipes in these colors for similar CMC while still remaining an okay beatstick? Avacyn and Tajic. Or how about equipment, I mean we're already hoping to connect through combat with a beater with no protection in a color with exactly seven playable equipment tutors so we should have Jitte and Swords already on her, right? In this perfect scenario she has become slightly better than Jor Kadeen, but of course you're in a color combination that has almost no ability to protect your own boardstate outside of not so great effects like Second Sunrise so it hardly matters to an even slightly interactive table. Going wide? Red and white have probably the most overlap there, of course which has zero synergy with Kalemne as she doesn't care what the rest of your board looks like.

So let's see, powerful effects in our colors that she has synergy with.
>Wheels
No.
>Boardwipes
Negative synergy.
>Tokens
No.
>Equipment
She does attack so yes.
>Taxes
Negative synergy.
>MLD
No.
>Burn
No.
>Prison
No.

Where's the fucking synergy?
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/t-h-e-b-o-y-s-a-r-e-b-a-c-k-i-n-t-o-w-n/

Reposting before bed, taking any suggestions on theme-appropriate cards I haven't thought of.
>>
>>51812827
You keep talking about having synergy with the things those colors do, but for example Tajic doesn't have any synergy with anything there but boardwipes and tokens (and I guess equipment?). Jor Kadeen has nothing but equipment like Kalemne and tokens. WR Avacyn has synergy with boardwipes and tokens as well I guess but that's a lot of mana at once (avacyn + wipe) that also needs an established board to make the swing that relevant. As far as I can tell, by the things WR can have synergy with listed, even the ones beign compared to kalemne don't seem to have that much synergy.

Besides that, synergy isn't just an on or off thing. You can have some synergy or you can have a LOT of synergy. Kalemne with equipment is more powerful than Jor Kadeen with equipment if the intent is to swing with her. So her synergy with equipment is much higher than Jor Kadeen's, which would be evened out by him having synergy with them and tokens. Which is something not being factored in here. Besides that, sometimes someone just wants to build a voltron commander in WR, and Kalemne is probably the best at it. It's not the best strategy, but neither is, say, vampire tribal, but people will try it because that's what they wanted to do in whatever their chosen color is.
>>
File: RTFC.jpg (24KB, 260x333px) Image search: [Google]
RTFC.jpg
24KB, 260x333px
>>51812789
cant fight stupid with logic.

actual best idea if only for a good prop gag: give them a book on reading comprehension.
>>
File: fathomwaifu.jpg (98KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
fathomwaifu.jpg
98KB, 900x900px
Hey guys, I want to upgrade my Atraxa precon into this. Have a look and tell me what you think. I'm open to any critiques or suggestions. I just wanted to see what anyone thought before I started purchasing cards. Thanks!
Decklist: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/atraxa-tokencounters/
>>
File: Marath.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Marath.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
Anyone know what plane Marath is from? I've been looking for the deck strategy insert online, but nobody has posted anything..... PLEASE HELP
>>
>>51812972
Naya, now Alara
>>
>>51812975
sweet thanks
>>
>>51812975
I actually thought this, but actually nothing states where he was from. I thought it said he was from naya in the pamphlet the deck comes with but I can't find it. He actually strikes me as from lorwyn/shadowmoor but I'm sure they would have said if he was.
>>
>>51812988
I believe his lands have the art from Alara, but I could be misremembering. I know they did this for some of the commander sets, but maybe It was only for the monocolored commanders.
>>
File: 1486352422618.jpg (72KB, 312x306px) Image search: [Google]
1486352422618.jpg
72KB, 312x306px
>Player says he just runs derp decks
>Drops Zedruu
>I know hes a fucking liar
>Zedruu players are always degenerates
>Murder him ASAP
>He gets pissy saying I had no reason to
>Next game I sit out and take a phone call
>He combo'd off with Zedruu because people left him alone
>My face

I thought my playgroup was better than this
>>
>>51812827

>In this perfect scenario
It's really not that hard to tutor equipment in RW
Enlightened Tutor (Tutorable via Sunforger),Steelshaper's Gift, Open the Armory, Recruiter of the Gaurd/Imperial Recruiter into SFM, Godo, Stonehewer Giant, Even fucking Relic Seeker/Steelshaper's Apprentice

>you're in a color combination that has almost no ability to protect your own boardstate
Idiot Status: Unlocked. White has the BEST protection against wipes/spot removal
Ghostway/Legion's Initiative/Eerie Interlude/Boros Charm/Rootborn Defenses/Eldrazi Displacer/
Mother of Runes/8.5 Tails/Protection in General/Indestructibility/Bastion Protector/Shield of Faith
Archangel Avacyn/Selfless Spirit/Big Bad Avacyn
>mentioning Second Sunrise when Faith's Reward exists

>Going Wide?
No you moron we're talking about voltron commanders. Although dipping into a token subtheme is helpful to counteract edicts and offer skullclamp fodder
>>
>>51813014
I actually never knew the land art mattered, especially since it couldn't for some (like Daretti), but now that you mention it the Teferi deck came with the art I use for him and Nahiri came with zendikar plains.
>>
>>51813030
And Ob Nix's are Zen Swamps as well, and Freyalise's look like Llanowar to me.

I'm just not sure if it was a one time thing, but I think they matched.
>>
>>51812766

So Croco-Dragon is probably Sobek, but what other gods are we getting? Anubis for sure, Horus or Osiris, Bastet? Will Bolas claim to be their Ra?
>>
>>51812419
Right now the theme is 'Make the game as confusing as possible'. I like Master Decoy though.

>>51812446
I thought it was just that I could only generate white mana? So I can't cheat in cheatyface?

>>51812437
I don't get it
>>
>>51813091
You get to cast Balance FOR FREE
>>
>>51812596
Use Timmy:Power Gamer as your commander.
>>
>>51813091
You actually can generate mana outside your colors but you cannot run cards with mana symbols that do not match your commander's. ( you can't run murder in Frankie peanuts for example ) also, I think chesty face was errata'd into you can only cheat him onto the battlefield from your hand.
>>
File: 1446015445764.png (10KB, 205x204px) Image search: [Google]
1446015445764.png
10KB, 205x204px
>>51813020
That was part of his plan. He was hoping he'd get killed early, so he could earn the sympathy card from the rest of the group. Playing the victim of course.
>>
>>51812295
How do you even play with these people?

>>51812226
My biggest pet-peeve is easily-swayed casuals with no sense of threat/card-evaluation who only build goodstuff decks cribbed from EDHREC.

Just about every game with my group turns into a 1v1 between me and the only other competent player, where a big deciding factor is who can convince the rest of the table to turn against who.

My Tariel deck, which should be pretty low-tier, does quite well in this meta since it rarely establishes a threatening board presence. I can sit back and tell them to throw their goodstuff at Damia / Sidisi / Maelstrom Wanderer while I tutor up Cabal Coffers, Urborg, and Debt to the Debtless for the Nth time.. They never learn.
>>
>>51813098
So the Suspend doesn't trigger?

How is that different than just using Balance?
>>
>>51813137
Balance is banned, for one.

Also, Suspend is an ability, not a cost.
>>
>>51813137
Balance is banned, friend
>>
>>51813025
It's pretty amazing that in order to defend a crap commander you list 20+ awful cards, 5 good cards and multiple several card tutor chains and call me an idiot.

What do other decks in your meta look like? Thelon fungus tribal? 5-color Charm.dec? How bad do you even have to be to consider Eerie Interlude or Ghostway?
>>
File: s p i c y.png (213KB, 241x347px) Image search: [Google]
s p i c y.png
213KB, 241x347px
super spicy zada tech coming though
>>
>>51813131
I know I can only cheat him in from the hand.

So I can't put in any cards with non-white mana symbols on them?

Eg- a card that costs white mana to cast, but has a triggered ability on it that costs red- could that be played?
>>
>>51813137
Balance is banned in EDH. Restore Balance is not, and the CMC is 0 so you can cast it for free
>>
>>51813137
>So the Suspend doesn't trigger?
Don't mix actual MTG terminology with random meanings in sentences retard.
>>
>>51813171
Correct. An exception is something like Eldrazi Displacer. It has a colorless mana cymbol, but colorless isn't a color.
>>
>>51813170
How does that work with Zada?
>>
Should I spend $60 to finish up my Skythirix deck, /edhg/?
>>
>>51813202
The first effect doesn't really synergize at all, but I could see how sacing all your buffed tokens to it could be a flashy play.
>>
>>51813170
Doesn't work.

1st abilty just untaps and gives haste to all your creatures.
2nd has no zada interaction.
Entwining them doesn't work because it has 2 targets.
>>
>>51813170
So like a seven mana situationally worse Burn At the Stake?

>>51813202
He entwines it so it targets.
>>
File: 1487365493014.png (3MB, 1538x872px) Image search: [Google]
1487365493014.png
3MB, 1538x872px
>>51812596
Build one of these
Bonus points for making a vororsh counters matter/ power matters deck

Hidden commander jarad
Momentous fall effects + psychosis crawler
*/* Creatures
Get some hermit druid action going and reanimate fatties and keep your grave yard matters creatures even fatter.
>>
>>51813216
The second effect doesn't target a creature, so it doesn't work.
>>
>>51812854
Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs might be good. He's an ogre I think so I don't know if that's what you're going for or not
>>
>>51813222
>>51813236
>Entwining them doesn't work because it has 2 targets.
/tg/ being bad at Magic
>>
File: Image.png (129KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
129KB, 223x311px
>>51813256
>TARGETING ZADA AND ONLY ZADA
Eaither a worse act of treason, or you get to sac only one token.
>>
>>51813286
You don't target until resolution for the second ability.
>>
>>51812226
Sore losers and bad winners.
>>
Does anyone play on xmage?
>>
>>51813291
>"If you choose the “sacrifice a creature” mode, you choose the target of the damage on announcement, but don’t choose what to sacrifice until resolution. You must sacrifice a creature when Grab the Reins resolves, even if you don’t want to. If you don’t control any creatures at that time, Grab the Reins deals no damage."
I know my waifu, faggot. You pick all targets at once.
>>
>>51813317
I do

Currently getting my ass kicked by an Animar deck
>>
>decide to play 1v1 commander with my friend
>I have a fully multiplayer tuned deck
>his is just 'graveyard shenanigans.dec'
>I play something
>it gets removed
>I drop a land
>it gets destroyed
>I do anything
>it gets fucked

Remind me to never play 1v1 commander again
>>
>>51813336
Which server do you connect to?
>>
>>51813348
I switch between the .de one and woogerworks

Woogerworks is busier but the .de people are friendlier
>>
File: diediedie.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
diediedie.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>51813224
>>51813222
>>51813202
versatility

haste for sooner swings, fling for spot removal, or INSTANT speed burn at the stake game ender that can split the damage among players. you dont need to sac until the spell plays out too.

if you buff them, they will die.
>>
>>51813380
The second mode can't be used on all your tokens at once because it targets.
If you target zada with it, it targets all your creatures they're all sacked for nothing.

If you entwine it, it targets for both abilities, meaning two targets, and that doesn't work with zada.

It's the same reason fling doesn't work.

But as a more versatile act of treason it works I guess.
>>
>>51813438
Have the ability target Zada, with Grip of Chaos out.
>>
I'm not rich enough to play more than two colors, and not smart enough to know when to hold onto mana and just play nothing, but I want to try (the second part) anyway. What do I play to ease into this mindset?
>>
>>51813489
1st, grip of a chaos is a shit card for zada.
2nd, Grip of Chaos specifies a single target, and entwined it still has 2.
>>
>>51813438
entwine causes a copy for each because haste mode targets and the other happens regardless of its ability to target.
>>
>>51812972
Marath is an elusive, powerful beast who roams the untamed regions of his shaman-ruled world. Although many try, few have glimpsed this majestic creature. Some believe he was one of this world's progenitors and has been around since before the dawn of time. Vines twine out of the earth as he passes. Green mist rises around his feet. Some of the mist takes on animalistic forms, and new life is created as he passes by. He's infused with elemental magic, and many of the elves who share the wilds with him believe he is the source of growth and natural justice. When threatened, Marath is a ferocious opponent, striking with furious blows and predatory power.

Idk if it's Alara, it's probably not.
>>
>>51813528
Zada only copies spells that target Zada and Zada alone.

Copying a spell copies whatever "mode" it was already in, so copying mode 1 grab the reigns only creates mode 1 copies.

You cannot sac your board with grab the reigns and burn the table.
>>
>>51813160
It's pretty amazing to me that whenever you get proved wrong in an argument you resort to straw-manning and changing the subject. You said tutoring for equipment requires Christmasland in RW. I showed you it didn't. You claimed White, the most defensive color in the game, has no way to defend it's boardstate. At no point in this argument has anyone called Kalemne a teir 1 commander but people have consistently demonstrated how she is a better Boros Voltron Commander than any of the one's you've suggested.
>>
>>51813513
>have Zada, other creatures, and Grip on board
>cast Grab the Reins targeting Zada
>Zada and Grip trigger
>order either way, you get an original with a random target and a copy for each creature you control, originally targeting them which are redirected randomly across the board
Where is your sense of adventure?
>>
>>51813160
>Ghostway
>bad

Nevermind, you're hopeless.
>>
File: 1433688578881.png (9KB, 405x344px) Image search: [Google]
1433688578881.png
9KB, 405x344px
>>51813136
>How do you even play with these people?
They're the only friends I have.
>>
>>51813575
We're in a format where every top deck is a combo deck and you're defending Ghostway? Do you even play the game or are you literally drafting 99 cards to play commander?
>>
>>51813570
And that only works with mode 1.
Why not just use Act of Treason instead for wacky stealing?
>>
File: skythirix.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
skythirix.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
Should I even build this guy or will showing him as a commander immediately target me for dying first?

Is infect really that big of a boogeyman for casual metas?

If so, then should I just play Mimeoplasm instead to sneak in infect? I'm looking for a fun deck that runs black and nothing seems to jump out at me that doesn't cost an arm and a leg
>>
>>51813620
>Should I even build this guy or will showing him as a commander immediately target me for dying first?
He isn't even good.

>Is infect really that big of a boogeyman for casual metas?
It's certainly polarizing. If you're charismatic enough you can play whatever the fuck you want, if people hate you they will always find a reason to kill you.

>If so, then should I just play Mimeoplasm instead to sneak in infect?
They'll see it coming. Just toss Hatred into every deck you play to fuck over idiots.
>>
Initially posted in the previous thread:

I just made a Budget Jhoira FUN deck.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-02-17-pandemonium/?cat=custom&sort=

Anything else should I add or change?
>>
>>51813620
I play mill mimeoplasm geared for multiplay and it is pretty fun, skittles does rather well when its in the grave at the same time as Hunted horror to feed the ooze. Otherwise I don't really cast it, it's only good if I've turned it into a beast to be reckoned with via the plasm.
>>
File: what.gif (5KB, 782x543px) Image search: [Google]
what.gif
5KB, 782x543px
>>51813560
yes i can. the copies have both abilities activated.

702.39a Entwine is a static ability of modal spells (see rule 700.2) that functions while the spell is
on the stack. “Entwine [cost]” means “You may choose all modes of this spell instead of just
one. If you do, you pay an additional [cost].” Using the entwine ability follows the rules for
choosing modes and paying additional costs in rules 601.2b and 601.2e–g.
>>
File: Image (5).jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (5).jpg
36KB, 223x310px
>>51812596
You only need to turn one creature sideways, but oh boy is it a bigun', with a backup plan of turning many smaller ones sideways.
>>
>>51813615
I see you've provided no actual argument (again) to say why Ghostway is bad.

Its protects the creatures on your board from ALL wipes (including the ever-present cyclonic rift)
It recycles ETBs (Rally triggers, Karmic, Titans, Godo/SFM)
It lets you circumvent sac/exile at EoT triggers (Sneak Attack/Unearth)
It's 3 mana (Sunforger-tutorable)
>>
>>51813615
>Discussion about a Boros Voltron Commanders
>mentions the contents of 'top' tier decks
>>
>>51813847
Explain to me your process, it isn't making sense to me. Copies of an entwined spell are entwined, but when you cast an entwined spell, you declare it as your casting it. You choose all targets.

Now, Zada ONLY copies spells that target ONLY Zada. An entwined Grab the Reigns targeting Zada for mode 1 and opponent B for mode 2 wouldn't be copied, because it has more targets than just Zada.

A copy of Mode 1 grab the reigns would not copy the second ability, because copying a spell copies whatever "mode" it was cast in.
>>
>>51813906
>rally triggers
Are you fucking serious? Your argument as to why a card is good contains the comment that it synergizes with one of the worst tribes in a decade?

Are you even remotely self-aware?

>>51813955
There's no reason you cannot build a deck out of decent cards, even if the deck is awful.
>>
>>51813976
entwined card has both modes activated if paid for, and ALL COPIES OF IT HAVE IT TOO

ALL THAT MATTERS IS ONE MODE TARGETS AND BOTH ARE COPIED BECAUSE ENTWINED MEANS BOTH EFFECTS GO OFF HOLY FUCK DO I NEED TO SPOONFEED THIS BAD
>>
>>51814055
My argument was that Zada can't copy it when it has multiple targets.
Re-read my posts.

Zada can only copy a spell that only targets her.
>>
>>51814055
>>51814098

Let me explain more.
She can't copy and entwined grab the reigns because it has multiple targets, not that they only have one ability.

I explained in my posts that Zada can only copy it if mode 1 was targeting her. I love Zada, she's my waifu, and I wished it worked your way, but it doesn't.
>>
>>51814129
*if it was only activated as mode 1, targing her.
>>
>>51814098
mode 1 targets, note the comma as it is one sentence

mode 2 doesnt, at least not right away.

until you sac a creature, which isnt a cost. its an effect that happens after the creature is sacrificed.

read the fucking card

sacrifice a creature. dot. DOT. statement ends there, after doing so. do not pass go, do not target creature. it only targets AFTER the first effect plays out, which is sacing the creature.

had it been an additional cost of casting instead of an effect this would not have been possible. now go learn some goddamn reading comprehension.
>>
>>51814055
Except you're fucking wrong. If you Entwine, Mode A targets Zada, while Mode B targets something else. Two targets, Zada doesn't trigger. If you only used Mode A, the ability would work and you'd get a hasty board for 4 mana.

Just run Crimson Wisps instead.
>>
File: 1327929587211.jpg (36KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
1327929587211.jpg
36KB, 210x230px
>hop on /edh/ after some really good xmage games
>it's a complete fucking dumpster fire
>>
>>51814188
You declare all targets when casting your spell.

>>51814189
He gets it.
>>
>>51813661
Is there a way I could turn him into a group slug deck instead?

Have him as a "dont fuck with me" card and have everyone poisoning themselves sounds fun to me.
>>
>>51814227
>>51814189
your both fucking wrong

you dont target until you sac. NO TARGETS DECLARED UNTIL AFTER A CREATURE IS SACRIFICED THATS WHY THERE IS A FUCKING PERIOD AND NOT A FUCKING COOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 1324749608409.jpg (48KB, 328x323px) Image search: [Google]
1324749608409.jpg
48KB, 328x323px
>multiple entries into The Great Big Book of /edh/ Fuck-Ups tonight
>>
File: 1487362012298.gif (509KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1487362012298.gif
509KB, 480x270px
>>51814188
>>51814293
>sacrifice a creature. dot. DOT. statement ends there, after doing so. do not pass go, do not target creature. it only targets AFTER the first effect plays out, which is sacing the creature.
>this pisspoor understanding of the rules
It's right there on Gatherer:
>12/1/2004 If you choose the “sacrifice a creature” mode, you choose the target of the damage on announcement, but don’t choose what to sacrifice until resolution. You must sacrifice a creature when Grab the Reins resolves, even if you don’t want to. If you don’t control any creatures at that time, Grab the Reins deals no damage.
You can stop making an ass out of yourself now.
>>
File: dude come on.jpg (23KB, 695x79px) Image search: [Google]
dude come on.jpg
23KB, 695x79px
>>51813170
>>51813222
>>51813224
>>51813236
>>51813256
>>51813286
>>51813334
>>51813380
>>51813438
>>51813528
>>51813560
>>51813976
>>51814055
>>51814098
>>51814129
>>51814172
>>51814188
>>51814227
>>51814248

Fucking mono-red autists, I swear. This/These faggot/s >>51813334 >>51814189
>>51814129
is/are right.

>>51814293
You are the biggest faggot of them all. Here is the gatherer ruling on it. It says that when you choose entwining, you choose the targets. This fag even posted it earlier. >>51813334

Fucking shit, and mono-blue is supposedly autistic.
>>
>>51814293
>If you choose the “sacrifice a creature” mode, you choose the target of the damage on announcement, but don’t choose what to sacrifice until resolution.

That is the official Wizards ruling from over a fucking decade ago. All targets are chosen first before any effects take place. It does not work.
>>
>>51813982
>>51813906
get a room you faggots
>>
>>51814330
Red has some of the best "stack fuckery" effects so it helps to be an autist about the rules
>>
>>51814224
Blame Kalemne she always causes this
>>
>>51813620
It's real hard to play him. People know how powerful Skittles is if they leave him to actually attack anyone.
Unfortunately people generally know what's up and you can expect and hate your way before you can get him off.
>>
>>51814359
I know, that's why I expected them to be like blue autists, who understand them, not just REEEEEEEing spergs.

Some of you knew, but jesus christ that guy, fuck.
>>
>>51814382
We play red, being angry comes with the territory. Most of those explanation posts seemed pretty reasonable though
>>
>>51814394
Most of you had good arguments, but
>"MUH PERIOD VS COMMA"
guy for the past 40 posts of Zada-arguing

Red is more than just anger, but the way. Passion is good and all, but passionate internet arguments are dumb. N-not that I'm a low-key red player or anything, y-you baka
>>
>>51814330
You replied to a bunch of random people that didn't have anything to do with that conversation sperg.
>>
>>51814507
Only the last one, dickass.
>>51814248, I'm sorry.
>>
>>51814531
You are forgiven
>>
File: zada-hedron-grinder-full.jpg (94KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
zada-hedron-grinder-full.jpg
94KB, 750x450px
>>51814551

thnx bb
>>
>>51813082
>tfw Derevi is gonna be reborn as Osiris
>>
File: 70.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
70.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
Stupid question.

Can I combo Nin, the Pain Artist with this card?

If I target Nin herself or another creature, does it still net me card draw, or not?
>>
>>51814973
Nvm, the rulings for this says not.

"If the creature is an illegal target when Nin’s ability tries to resolve, it will be countered and none of its effects will happen. No player will draw cards."
>>
>>51813982
>0 arguments again
Lovely, you're making this too easy for em
>>
>>51812226
why are you showing us this?

is it two months before i can open those packs?
>>
>>51812827

>white isn't good at protecting its own board state

?
>>
>>51815141
>3 cmc
>doesn't win you the game
>at its absolute best gives you a stack of powerful ETBs and dodges a boardwipe
>at its absolute worst it does nothing
>doesn't advance boardstate without the use of other cards
>doesn't hurt the opponent without the use of other cards
>doesn't protect you from multiple threats
>not card advantage if it only stops single target removal
Almost the definition of win more, except the cards you already played are what's making you win and you're running this instead of a card that protects your important things from multiple threats like Darksteel Plate, Gift of Immortality, etc. Although those are bad cards as well but you should get my point.

It's like running Hydroblast. A card that's entirely meta dependent on whether its even playable and could probably be supplanted by simply playing better cards, in a better way, in a better deck.

>>51815390
Lack of powerful card advantage engines or the mana acceleration necessary to cast lesser options. If you're wasting the deck slots to have a decent shot at crap like Eerie Interlude, Ghostway or Bastion Protector then your deck is probably already doomed to lose before you even drew a hand.

There, are those arguments enough?
>>
>>51815419

Ghostway is amazing, wins me the game all the time. Not hard to assemble a board state that must be wiped, and then you dodge that wipe, and win.

Anyway I came into a long conversation and I've never played Boros specifically, so maybe the card isn't worth it in Boros
>>
>>51815419

Can't tell if you're trying to frame 3 cmc as a drawback to the card here

Hard to find a card that does more for 3 mana than ghostway
>>
>>51815448
Have you considered you could run the utter crap of counterspells that is Cancel and win the game anyways while still having the ability to stop others from winning the game?
>>
>>51815466
Wins the Game Tier:
Hermit Druid
Food Chain
Reanimate
Unearth
Goryo's Vengeance
Show and Tell
Vampiric Tutor
Demonic Tutor
Grim Tutor
Cruel Tutor
Tainted Pact
Demonic Consultation
Plunge Into Darkness
Imperial Seal
Enlightened Tutor
Mystical Tutor
Worldly Tutor
Imperial Recruiter
Recruiter of the Guard
Laboratory Maniac
Chord of Calling
Green Sun's Zenith
Summoner's Pact
There's a bunch more cards obviously but I'm going to stop here, bite me.

Literally Cheaper But Does the Same Thing or Better Tier:
Selfless Spirit
Boros Charm
Dauntless Escort (not cheaper but still)
>>
>>51812596
Uril
swing for 25 commander on turn 5
>>
>>51815419
>comparing Ghostway to Hydroblast
You are retarded.
3CMC with only 1color requirement is great, it is an instant, your downplaying (again) the significance of dodging boardwipes
>implying you would cast it when it does nothing
the same fucking argument can be made for Food Chain you cuck
>doesn't protect you from multiple threats
see>>51813906 you dumb cunt
>situational argument, situational argument, situational argument
You are a retard. The card is IDEAL for Boros Voltron.
>>
>>51815468
Have you considered that the context for this discussion is Boros Voltron, you dumb nigger?
>>
>>51815540

Recruiter of the guard wins you the game?

Also I find it interesting that you think selfless spirit and dauntless escort are better than ghostway, ghostway triggers etbs, very popular cards, and it also saves you from the 2 most common and most powerful board wipes, rift and deluge, unlike selfless spirit
>>
>>51815540
So when you run out of substance for relevant arguments, you retreat to your " much top tier decklists" THAT AREN'T EVEN IN THE COLOR IDENTITY FOR THE FUCKING DISCUSSION

No one but an absolute retard would say those cards are bad
>listing cards that I mentioned earlier

oh I see, you actually are retarded
>>
>>51812226
So is that Amohket art book printed or blank pages binded?
>>
>>51815612
>>51815621
>Boros Voltron
Holy shit, I was even giving you the benefit of the doubt and assumed we had gone on some strange tangent and were talking about other decks. If it's just Boros Voltron then you've got about 20 or so white 1cmc spells that would stop your commander from dying from either Wrath of removal, particularly numerous ones that won't cause it to lose all of its equips.

>>51815651
No I said you mentioned 5 decent cards, Boros Charm is definitely a good card and although I don't like Selfless Spirit it is much better than Ghostway.

>>51815648
They're also beatsticks that can carry swords in this kind of deck.

>Ghostway in response to CRift
So you still die to whatever they were planning to do after bouncing your board, except your board is only exiled instead of being in your hand when you lose? Neat I guess.
>>
File: Image.png (129KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
129KB, 223x311px
How do I make pic related not just good stuff deck.
>>
>>51815729
Combo obviously.
>>
>>51815722
At no point did we branch into other colors, Faggot.
Name 20 1 CMC White spells that offer the same Utility of Ghostway.
>Selfless Spirit better than Ghostway (for the purpose of 'Defending Boardstate')
See>>51815648

>implying People cast Cyclonic Rift during THEIR OWN TURN
No Nigger. They Cyc Rift In Response to your Attacking Them. The Creatures then come back at the end of Your Turn, ready to interact with whatever is there. The fact that you even made this last argument demonstrates that you have no real understanding of the cards being discussed.
>>
>>51813136
Do you have a list for Tariel? I'm thinking of building a Tariel angel tribal deck with a splash of reanimator, boardwipes, and resistance to boardwipes, but I'm having a tough time balancing it out in my head.
>>
>>51812426
lmao kill yourself retard

you even set yourself up for a (you) farm with all that replying
>>
File: 1486882453069.jpg (54KB, 476x687px) Image search: [Google]
1486882453069.jpg
54KB, 476x687px
>When spergs are arguing for hours about a completely irrelevant subject
>>
>>51812596
as someone whos been playing around with gruuly timmy decks, i'd say maelstrom wanderer is the most fun one. he's pretty powerful too, but still telegraphed enough that he won't insta btfo a table like an inf combo will (as in, he's fun to play against)
>>
>>51815777
Literally any one-drop card that grants indestructible.

>but that's not better
But they leave Kalemne on the board to serve as a blocker, which since she has Vigilance is kind of an important part of her. Doubly so if we're back in our MCL where we've got a Jitte on her.

>all those random caps everywhere
Are You Actually a Child or a Filthy ESL?
Type in English.

>No Nigger. They Cyc Rift In Response to your Attacking Them
No nigger, they Rift at EoT in order to leave you with a blank board while they kill the shit out of you. You would have to be retarded to cast Cyclonic Rift during Combat because your opponent could recast cards during their postcombat Main Phase.

Are you retarded?

>>51815855
What's crackin, nut?
>>
>>51815855
You take that back Anon, Face-Sitter is a cornerstone of this community.
>>
>>51815777
stop typing like that
>>
>>51815874
My fucking skull.
>>
>>51815874
>but that's not better
thank you for refuting your own retarded argument. I see you are failing again to address how >>51815648
>>51815612
show that the versatility of Ghostway outweighs it's counterparts
At worst you Ghostway after First-Strike to maximize triggers

>Actually agreeing with me that people don't rift during their own turn and then then trying to make it sound like that was your argument all along.
Thank you for supporting the fact that you are perpetually retarded.

Also, I see you have (yet again) abandoned your previous claims that Recruiter of the Guard & Friends are "win the game tier" subjected to scrutiny

It's almost as if people have caught you talking out of your ass.
>>
File: 1487201146955.png (175KB, 236x349px) Image search: [Google]
1487201146955.png
175KB, 236x349px
>>
>>51815941
>he thinks tutors don't win the game
>the only card he recongizes and can criticize on a list of some of the most powerful tutors in the game is Recruiter of the Guard probably because it just came out and anon is new to the game
>despite that he thinks he understands cards qualitatively
>he thinks different cards == worse cards
>he thinks CRift is a powerful, competitive card
>he runs protection against Sweepers in a Voltron deck instead of cheaper single target protection
>he plays Boros Voltron
>he thinks Kalemne isn't among the worst Boros Voltron Commanders
>he doesn't understand the value of built-in evasion and protection
>he wants to run cards that he has to naturally draw into in order to provide evasion or protection in the color combination with the absolute worst card advantage in EDH
>can't even type in English
Did I about some you up? A Boros Voltron player who's new to the game, doesn't speak English, pretends an online argument is a checklist of points and counterpoints and isn't familiar with any card printed before 2015?

>At worst you Ghostway after First-Strike to maximize triggers
Why the fuck would you Ghostway your own board after the opponent has let damage through? What are you trying to avoid here exactly?

No please explain this point if nothing else that goes on through your thick fucking head. Why are you casting Ghostway after First Strike damage?
>>
>>51816011
>he thinks tutors don't win the game
nowhere did I say this. I argued that you abandoned your claim once>>51815648
challenged you
>the only card he recongizes and can criticize on a list of some of the most powerful tutors in the game is Recruiter of the Guard probably because it just came out and anon is new to the game
No Nigger. It's the one I criticize because it's the one that is relevant to our discussion of Boros fucking Voltron
>he thinks different cards == worse cards
Baseless claim
>he thinks CRift is a powerful, competitive card
It IS powerful. I never said it was tier 1 competitive you autistic faggot
>he runs protection against Sweepers in a Voltron deck instead of cheaper single target protection
Yes because, like it or not, Board Wipes are the best answer to a commander that gets decked out in protection from All Colors/Hexproof
>he plays Boros Voltron
Irrelevant for the argument
>he thinks Kalemne isn't among the worst Boros Voltron Commanders
This thread and the previous one are full of example of me and other anons proving your wrong again and again on this subject which you have so conveniently decided to ignore
>he doesn't understand the value of built-in evasion and protection
No-where did I allude to this. The closest would be the topic of Tajic, who I still classify as a weaker Voltron Commander than Kalemne
>he wants to run cards that he has to naturally draw into in order to provide evasion or protection in the color combination with the absolute worst card advantage in EDH
I've already listed how easy it is to find equips in RW
Are you categorically refuted yet? Bring me a relevant argument and try not to sound like a dribbling retard next time.
>>
>>51816011
>Why the fuck would you Ghostway your own board after the opponent has let damage through? What are you trying to avoid here exactly?
First I'm going to start off that I prefaced that with "at worst," as in, the most non-ideal circumstance. You wouldn’t Ghostway if they let you connect unharassed. Connecting with a Sword/Jitte Trigger only to get destroyed with a indestructible/beefy Death-toucher or High Power/Low Toughness creature is shit.
>>
>>51816011
>isn't familiar with any card printed before 2015?
You realize you two are arguing about Ghostway, right?
>>
File: DSC03607.jpg (218KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03607.jpg
218KB, 2048x1362px
Are the planeswalkers gonna be good for EDH?

I play atraxa superfriends btw
>>
>>51816190
If history is any indication, the starter & duel deck-only cards will be trash-tier but if are just reprints of the sets' normal planeswalkers, than yes. They won't be terrible.
>>
>voltron commanders in Boris
>not using Aurelia
You are all babies
Fuck, she has evasion and even better double strike that stacks with double strike and her clock is quick as fuck with stuff like duelists heritage and wargear.

Also ghostway is a good card
>>
>>51816291
She's an amazing card but I prefer her in the 99 personally. Otherwise your turn 5/6 is a little too telegraphed to the table.
>>
>>51813897
This means that if I sacrifice 4 creatures it gets 16 +1/+1 counters on it?
>>
>>51815419
>if a 3cmc card doesn't win you the game, it's trash

Guess I'll just throw out half my deck
>>
>>51815540
>Literally Cheaper But Does the Same Thing or Better Tier
>cards that gives you indestructible, two of which are telegraphed as fuck
Cyclonic Rift, Toxic Deluge, Merciless Eviction, Terminus etc. say hello

I play Grixis Marchesa and let me tell you, without a sac outlet I'm barely more survivable against wipes than any other deck
>>
>>51816190
Pros:
>don't cost anything
>minus abilities and ultis are free

Cons:
>no starting loyalty
>plus abilities don't give any plus
>abilities do literally nothing

3/10 might see play in Modern
>>
>>51816413
yes
>>
>>51816413
>Always thought that if you sacrificed 4 creatures you'd get 4 counters
>Suddenly it's not absolute trash

The idea of having a trample and haste source on the field and then shooting a nuclear bomb at someone's face is very appealing to me.
>>
File: Image (28).png (134KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (28).png
134KB, 223x311px
>>51816741
Don't forget the best part!
>>
>>51813615
>Talks about top decks in the format
>Has no idea what stax is
>>
>>51815729
Control that's actually a paloncron combo deck with 3 or 4 pieces of reanimation just to make it spicy.
The vintage guys have been trying to make control work in edh for years now and with tassigur the assigur they finally made one that stands a chance.
>>
File: 1486796359286.jpg (52KB, 306x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486796359286.jpg
52KB, 306x480px
>>51816763
Ooh, any other spicy tech?
>>
File: hoofprints of the stag.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
hoofprints of the stag.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>51812988
He may be from Lorwyn.
>>
>>51816631
They are broken as fuck
>0 casting cost
>Cloudstone curio them for infinite storm
>Rapeshot
>>
>>51817051
No casting cost =/= 0 casting cost.
>>
>>51817041
Nah- the Elementals on Lorwyn are all either Flamekin or a bastard mishmash of animal bits, and Horde of Notions is the only one that's Legendary.
>>
>>51817051
They don't have a mana cost of 0, they have a mana cost of "Doesn't exist". You can't pay a null cost.
>>
>>51817064
>>51817087
When you are right, you are right
>>
I remember an old enchantment that's amazing in monogreen but pretty useless outside it, think it might have been from nights or masques, anyone know what I'm talking about?
>>
File: IMG_3324.jpg (41KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3324.jpg
41KB, 223x310px
>>51817309
This maybe?
>>
File: cat with a bat.png (738KB, 834x640px) Image search: [Google]
cat with a bat.png
738KB, 834x640px
>about to play 4 man pod
>"hey guys, you have room for a fifth? "
>sure, what are you playing?
>"oh, just an esper lifegain deck"
>oloro, then?
>...

20 minutes later

>oloro at 46 life, other players have been trying to prune him down
>he's been frazzled "BUT I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING! "
>the man tried to resolve felidar t4

>I cast my commander, the mimeoplasm, as a copy of jodahs avenger with 13 +1/+1 counters
>oloro player grabs jodahs avenger, scans the card, and sets it down. He didn't read the entire
>my next turn comes around, OK so I'm going to give mimeoslime -2/-2, shadow , and double strike. Oh, and I'm paying 6 so I can attack you through sphere of safety
> 30 commander damage to the face
>olorodumpstered.jpg
>DUDE I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! !!

Every time
>>
>>51817320
You're a saint anon.
>>
are there any cards that give you the same amount of creatures as an opponent? clone legion would work if it was instant speed
>>
>>51817408
Arachnogenesis and ezuris predation come to mind.
>>
>>51815781
I could throw my list up somewhere, if you really want. It's basically like you suggested: boardwipe tribal + reanimation & some other control-y cards.

It's not exactly a well-tuned deck. It's usually the one I pull out when I want to let a table of more casual players have fun duking it out before I beat them, since I can just sit around with next to nothing on my field, boardwipe if things ever get too hairy, and win "out of nowhere" once the game has started to drag.
>>
>>51813211
Of courshe!
>>
>>51817332
>>DUDE I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! !!
That's his fault, sucks to suck etc. Politics outside of very fringe cases only hinder pods. Anyone who tries to influence another player or do any hardcore political moves is just showing that they have no other way to deal and are usually killed on sight.
>>
>>51816721
>>51816741
>>51816763
Fucking hell, all of my decks are Timmy big creature decks and now I have to build another one.
>>
File: 1483645059428.jpg (80KB, 344x580px) Image search: [Google]
1483645059428.jpg
80KB, 344x580px
>these expertise cards
Holy flying fuck, why aren't these things more hyped? I just cracked Yahenni's Expertise, and I already run both Sram's and Baral's. They're all moderately powerful 2-for-1 effects, and the only reason I can think why they aren't more popular is that they're sorceries.
>>
File: Image (4).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (4).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>51817408
>same amount
>>
I need grixis steal effects. Like, all of them. I've got Insurrection, Reins of Power, Slave of Bolas, Dragonlord Silumgar, Keiga, Control Magic.

Also Mind's Dilation and Gonti type effects appreciated. Anything that lets me beat my opponents with their own stuff.
>>
>>51817475
They're not exactly 2-for-1's, though. You get to cast a second spell for free, sure, but you're still using up a card, so it's not card advantage.

The cost restrictions and whatnot make them situational enough that they aren't good for every deck. And no matter what deck you play them in, they're often not great as top-decks late game when you have nothing to cast off them. Competitive players generally prefer cards with more consistency, so the Expertises get passed over in most well-tuned decks.

They're certainly still playable, though.
>>
>>51817487
Nightveil Specter, Diluvian Primordial, Sepulchral Primordial, Thada Adel, Sphinx Ambassador, Bribery, Blatant Thievery, Praetor's Grasp, Spelltwine, Rise of the Dark Realms, Commandeer, Gather the Specimens, Grave Betrayal, Beguiler of Wills, Deadeye Navigator + any Act of Treason effect, any of the millions Clone variants...
>>
>>51817487
>>51817569
Stolen Goods, Molten Primordial, Mindclaw Shaman, Zealous Conscripts, Rite of Replication, Wild Ricochet, Pucca's Mischief, Notion Thief, Hellkite Tyrant, Herald of Leshrac, Puppeteer Clique, Havengul Lich, any of the millions of Reanimate effects, Enchanted Evening + Aura Thief (if your group is the sort of cool people who don't have a stick up their ass about hybrid cards)...
>>
>>51817438
I'm not planning on building it competitively, I don't think that's even possible with Tariel, so a list would be appreciated.
>>
>>51817647
>>51817569

Not that anon, but many thanks.
>>
File: 76.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
76.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>51817487
>>
>>51817475
Dude it's just tempo, like Rewind or non-combo Peregrine Drake except you need an appropriate card in hand.

I really like Rishkar's Expertise though, since you're likely to draw into something playable even if your hand is lacking.
>>
Been working on a Breya Artifact Combo deck. You guys want to give me some input?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/breya-combo-stuff/
>>
>>51817682
No problem. I used to run a janky Sen Triplets deck themed around killing my opponents with their own stuff,
>>
>>51813342
Never play 1v1 Commander again
>>
>>51817487
http://www.metamox.com/tag/theft/

Provides a better overview than a wall of text on a chinese basket-weaving forum.
>>
>>51817710
>Land (37)
>no cantrips
>only 5 ramp cards

You can tune this to work faster for sure. I always run at least 10 ramp spells and a 5 cantrips where I can, you get a much more consistent deck that way which means you can go down to 33-35 lands and open more slots.
Puppet Conjurer seems slow as hell
Very little draw power/card advantage/card selection overall.
You have a lot of powerful stuff in there but I guess my question is, how fast do you want to combo off?
>>
>>51817683
Secret Nin tech
>>
File: 1456300248966.jpg (741KB, 1200x1363px) Image search: [Google]
1456300248966.jpg
741KB, 1200x1363px
>Shit it isn't necessary to read
I've posted previously about portions of my group slipping into combo degeneracy, and while a number of my decks run possible answers, and even one deck is all answers and no wincon, I've felt it apt to build a combo deck myself, as a back-burner, last-resort answer to if I see 3 combo decks around my table. Ghave.

Now, I'm very particular about my mana distribution, and if I'm making an abzan deck, I'd want 50% of my colored mana symbols in costs to be black, 25% green, and 25% white. Green is obviously going to be tight packed combo pieces and ramp, white has its fair share of combo, tutors, and maybe some removal/wipes, but black can still stand to grow. I've never played combo before, but I know I need draw and tutors, so even if it's normally apparent, I don't mind hearing suggestions again, to make sure my black pulls its weight in getting out a combo as quickly and reliably And hopefully affordably as possible.

>What I'm getting at
Give me your best black card draw / tutors / combo support.
>>
>>51817920

Demonic Tutor
>>
>>51816291
Can be killed by first strike creatures.
Can't be cast T2
>>
>>51817920
Diabolic Tutor
>>
>>51817648
Alright, here you go:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tariel-wreckoner-of-scrubs/

It's in a bit of a weird place right now 'cause I tend to cannibalize it whenever I need Mardu good-stuff for my more serious decks, but the basic idea is there.
>>
>>51817920
Increasing Ambition
>>
>>51816291
Kalemne's clock is like 2 stunts if you're running any equipment that give trample. Like Loxodon warhammer or O-Naginata.
>>
>>51817920
Vampiric Tutor, Phyrexian Arena, Dark Ritual, Bojuka Bog, Sheoldred, Diabolic Tutor, Rune Scarred Demon, Bloodgift Demon, Desecration Demon
>>
>>51818053
>>51817920
A few more I thought of: Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord, Deathrite Shaman, Disciple of Bolas, Anafenza the Foremost. Also Ghave has synergy with Juniper order ranger and Ashnod's Altar
>>
File: doran.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
doran.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
Hey guys

My friend build this sexy thick treefolk recently, but he's been finding it pretty boring. It's sort of edhrec_doran.dec with a bit of tuning threw in for our LGS meta. Fat asses and removal, pretty much. His previous deck was turbo self-mill Sidisi, which he enjoys very much.

He's doing an overhaul of Doran this week, so I need to hottest, thiccest tech you have so I can impress my boy.
>>
>>51818159
Innistrad trees of defense
>>
>>51818184
Have been in since the start cause they're pretty sweet. The thread of Perdition end-step tapping and killing a nigga has led to some very spicy moments
>>
>>51817683
Man, I remember that card. not that I played it, but my brother played during Odyssey when I was very young and I just liked the arts

Also why I have a Khamal Pit Fighter deck.
>>
>>51818159
How could it possibly be more interesting? When he's out it's Magic: the Tappening, when he's dead you're left with a shitty pillowfort.
>>
File: 1487604804305.jpg (741KB, 1200x1363px) Image search: [Google]
1487604804305.jpg
741KB, 1200x1363px
>>51817920
>>
>>51817920
>>51817920
Necropotence
Ad Nausium
Night's whisper
Demonic tutor
Grim tutor
Vampiric tutor
>ghave
you have
green sun
congregation at dawn
eladamir's call
worldly tutor
enlightened tutor
idyllic tutor
fierce empath
Woodland Bellower
Academy Rector
Boonweaver
natural order
birthing pod
Rune-Scarred Demon
sylvan library

though you know combo isnt the way to fight combo, you could go into stax.
>>
File: Suffering.png (25KB, 1090x463px) Image search: [Google]
Suffering.png
25KB, 1090x463px
>>51812226
Currently? Not having any new Rebels in a block about fucking rebellion for my Lin Sivvi.

>Wants to avoid "creature-type creep"
>Prints more elves
It fucking hurts, anons. It really does.
>>
File: Can't wake up.png (142KB, 869x500px) Image search: [Google]
Can't wake up.png
142KB, 869x500px
>>51818402
>>
>>51818032
Thanks anon, this was honestly pretty helpful.
>>
>>51812226
People who bitch when I effect their board state
People who bitch when I topdeck a wincon (not an actual wincon, just something specific to the current board state that seals a victory)
People who double sleeve cards just so you won't double-shuffle their deck when you cut.
>>
>>51818159
I had a Doran a while back and, while I enjoyed it well enough, it really isn't the most exciting deck. The most fun I had with it was turning bargain-basement, "take a card, leave a card" box, commons into winning swings. That's what he does, and that's kind of all he does.

I don't know, you could run it as a Voltron/Abzan utility deck. Call it "And I'll form The Ass!"
>>
Either the person who casts an X spell without tapping his mana first or the person tunnel visions you not because you have the best deck or board position but because you targeted them in a previous game.
>>
>>51818689
Ugh. I hate people who do that shit.
>Guy choosing what to target with a Decimate
>Destroys my elvish visionary, my signet, my only blue mana land, and the other guy's rancor.
>My field is empty and the other player he should have decimated has a sol ring, a primeval Titan, and mirrari's wake.
>All because I smacked him T2 for 4 damage last match.
>>
>>51818634
To jump off of this, people who bitch when I stop them from winning. I run a Gruul spellslinger/token deck that is fairly board state dependent. I always hold up a REB or the like SPECIFICALLY for Cyclonic Rift.

Now I understand being a bit salty when a Gruul deck of all things counters your surefire win, but I have seen a couple of people go completely nanners. Just scoop and leave early, pissing and moaning like a jewish grandmother, talking about how lucky I got.

Shoulda bought that Boseiju, my dude. I did.
>>
>>51818734
>>51818689
>LGS is a lot of combo and goodstuff, but nothing egregious
>Playing a fairly honest combat damage Maelstrom Wanderer deck
>Start smashing face early on cause I built purely for efficient beats
>8 damage t5 or something on an autist
>WOOOOOOOOOW I DIDNT EVEN DO ANYTHING TO YOU WHY'D YOU ATTACK ME

motherfucker you're my opponent. we are both trying to kill eachother. that is the point of the game we are both playing.
>>
>>51818774
I really wonder if these pissbabies whine in every competition where someone doesn't let them win.

>why won't you just stand still and let me shoot you, paintball fucking sucks reeee
>>
Do you solitaire your deck? Do you keep test hands that have Sol Ring in them or are those not worth playing out?
>>
>>51818774
How the fuck do you even get into a boardstate where simply removing your opponent's blockers lets you alpha strike everyone/almost everyone?

My meta is made out of pure removal spell concentrate so there's pretty much no hope of being able to have more than three creatures at once.
>>
>>51818806
>I really wonder if these pissbabies whine in every competition where someone doesn't let them win.
They would, if they ever played a game that couldn't just be dominated by the ability to Google and access to mommy's credit card. But they don't. It's just this and MOBAs. Because it's the only thing they have going for them.

My life isn't all that great, I've got my share of strife, maybe more. But I don't put everything on my ability to win a game. Shit, some of my decks are tuned to the degree that I ENJOY seeing people beat them. Like "Damn dude, good for you, my deck's mean as fuck and you took me to school. Big ups."

People like this, though? They got nothing goin on. This is it. It's honest to god sad.
>>
>>51818825
I only solitaire to get a sense for how quickly my deck gets out of control against no interaction. I try to keep mostly average-ish hands.

But its also extremely useful to try out dream hands, which usually include Sol Ring if you're a fucking poorfag who can't afford Mana Crypt/Vault LOL FAG like me
>>
File: 1359153684973.jpg (194KB, 569x629px) Image search: [Google]
1359153684973.jpg
194KB, 569x629px
>>51812226

People who never target a specific person because of "friendship"

>Have a pretty tight playgroup of 6 people
>One member brings a coworker of his into the fold.
>He's not very good and can't build decks to save his life but he's a pretty cool dude so it's all good.
>They never target each other
>If it's down to just the two of them the one in the worse board position just concedes
>mfw
>>
>>51818892
This honestly. Every time I do something where all the competitors have access to the same exact resources (with no monetary requirement) people are fine if you counter their strategies. The only time when people get mad in those situations are if you play like an asshole or are completely wrecking them.

These little diaperbabies should get into solitaire, nobody to challenge you there.
>>
>>51818842
>How the fuck do you even get into a boardstate where simply removing your opponent's blockers lets you alpha strike everyone/almost everyone?
It's generally at he point in the evening when all the non-autists see that folks at the table aren't playing their most tuned decks, so they pull out one of their less tuned ones. But there's always (at least) one sperglord who only owns Narset, Leovold, and Animar.
>>
>>51818916
Vault is like 7 bucks anon.
>>
>>51818803
I just don't understand why people don't get this. The object of this game is to kill each other.
>>
>>51818803
Your fault for sitting down at a table with DarkSydePhil.
>>
>>51819055
I've noticed that most people who act like that are people who's decks need 10 mana each turn to actually be viable and cannot react early to anything.
>>
>>51819083
Werewolf tribal aggro was so delicious back when CoC was legal.
>>
>>51817827

So Ideally I'd like to have a deck that can hold its own in a competitive setting but still be enjoyable in a more casual setting. my idea was that i could combo for the former and then just avoid going infinite in more casual settings. Maybe its unreasonable, maybe not.

I've been considering adding Basalt Monolith Grim Monolith, Unwinding Clock, and Voltaic Key. I agree with you about the conjurer, but I feel like that slot needs some kind of cheap artifact creature fodder for Arcum/Daretti/etc. Any suggetions?
>>
>>51819121
CoC?
>>
>>51819191
Penis
>>
File: 1486481550758.jpg (187KB, 720x706px) Image search: [Google]
1486481550758.jpg
187KB, 720x706px
>>51819248
You're pretty funny anon.
>>
>>51819191
My guess is Collected Company or Chord of Calling
>>
>>51819290
Nope. I'm all business, all the time.

The only thing I can think of that that would be is Chord of Calling but it's still legal in EDH so I'm not sure what he means. Maybe he means Standard legal, but this is EDHG so talking about Standard would make you look like a total faggot.
>>
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/modern-masters-2017-edition-and-amonkhet-packaging-2017-02-20
>>
>>51816190
Lilianna might be good. She has - 1/-1 counters for her uptick ability. Throw necroskitter on the board and get silly.

Gideon apparently interact with Walkers so.he might be good.
>>
>>51819415
Clearly he lives somewhere where Champions of Corruption is outlawed.
>>
>>51819559
Grilis reprint and new full face lands?
Sweet
And is that Restore Balance on the MM packs?
>>
File: stoicangel.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
stoicangel.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>51819635
Stoic Angel.
>>
>>51819559
>Those full art Bolas Basics
Alright, yeah. Those are tits.

Honestly, why not just make all basics full art? It looks better. Yeah, sure, maybe they're less "special", but can you imagine those gorgeous Kaladesh in full art form?
>>
>>51819559
Let's see if I can call it:
>Cat
Bant
>Ibis
Esper
>Gator
Jund
>Pupper
Grixis
>Snek
Naya
>>
>>51819695
I agree. Full-arts always.

>>51819735
I can only hope. Either that or WUBRG in order.
>>
>>51816413
Yes. Now imagine sacrificing 7 to it while you have a trample and haste enabler, killing one person by swinging with it, and then flinging it at another. Now throw doubling season/primal vigor and warstorm surge/pandemonium into the mix.
>>
>>51819735
Look at their art, they're mono-colored with some sort of colorless gimmick.
>>
>>51812508
I know and hate that feel with a passion. It's gotten to the point that I've just blitzed the combo player as hard as possible before I fuck anyone else over too bad.
>>
>>51819559
>mtg we wuz kangz edition
>>
>>51819695
Full-arts are a pain for them to print so they do it less often
>>
>>51819559
What's with the giant Bolas horns in the background on the lands? He's not that big. Did he build a gigantic shrine to himself?
>>
>>51819971
Of course he did. Can you even fathom the size of his ego?
>>
>>51819971
More importantly, will we be getting another 20 cards for a full cycle or is it just a splash of Bolas wanking?
>>
>>51820042
It's just those five, at least for full arts. Traditionally all the forests are in one collector number (like #229-234 or something), and the same goes for the other basics. These are all consecutive.
>>
>>51819971
*Did he build another giant shrine to himself?

Ftfy
>>
>>51819914
THAT'S RIIIIIIIIGHT
>>
File: 1369762138472.png (534KB, 906x900px) Image search: [Google]
1369762138472.png
534KB, 906x900px
>$500 worth of cards for $35

Based Chinaman
>>
>>51820331
Where can I pick up based china cards?
>>
File: LichsMirror.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
LichsMirror.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
How do I put it to good use?
>>
>>51813897
>that time I beat an invincible Thromak with 2k P/T and a Hamletback with similar P/T
>with just fling
Gruul is a helluva drug.
>>
>>51820700
Keep you alive when Hidetsugu nukes the table
>>
>>51820677
By building a fun, janky kitchen table 60 card deck with it. I get the appeal, but really all it's gonna do is let you lose twice in one game. MAYBE it has a spot in Hidetsugu, but it's gotta be second string at best.

It's a shame because it's a cool card in concept, it just doesn't really work. Shit, it doesn't even get cards back from exile.
>>
>>51819162
Playing suboptimally makes you feel retarded and pisses off your opponents when they find out you were sitting on an instant win for the entire game.
>>
File: Dirty Donations Done Dirt Cheap.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Dirty Donations Done Dirt Cheap.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>51820677
Give it to your best bud, they probably wont end up attacking you any more.
>>
>>51819923
How so? Not trying to be snarky, but I don't see how it would be any more difficult to print than any other card.
>>
>>51819779
>WUBRG in order.
Fuck, that's exactly what it is, isn't it?

Goddammit, I want 3 color gods. I guess they COULD do a second 5 card shard cycle in the next set. We REALLY need some new shard commanders. Shit's getting a bit stale. Especially Jund. Oh, what's that? You're saccing for effect? My goodness, who could have guessed it?
>>
>>51820930
Different borders so different printing things.
>>
>>51821020
Hmm. I guess I don't know much about the printing process. Seems like it's just a matter of putting pictures on card stock and what exactly the pictures are shouldn't really matter, but I guess I'll take your word for it.
>>
>>51820981
>Jund
Dude, you're not even joking. Top five Jund Commanders on EDHrec in order:
"GG"
"You have about an 85% chance of guessing my exact decklist."
"I can't figure out why I keep getting hated off the table first"
"Golly Gee, I sure hope nobody brought a clone effect!"
"I'm not like OTHER token decks X3c"
>>
File: eftMJvm.png (2MB, 1920x1028px) Image search: [Google]
eftMJvm.png
2MB, 1920x1028px
The reason full art basics have a rarity is to drive down the price of cards in the set to make standard more accessable, because Wizards believes people will buy more packs to get those lands.

also can we pave over this thread and forget about it forever
>>
>make skeleton tribal
>all skeletons and 1 zombie wizard (death barron)
>only legendary skeletons is skittles or skeleton ship
>wanted to stay mono black
>get shit and booted for using a commander with infect

They really need to add some good skeleton lords that are actuallu skeletons.
>>
>>51821178
>because Wizards believes people will buy more packs to get those lands.
I mean, I'm not gonna pretend that it's not at least a factor in whether I buy a pack or not

>inb4 "buying packs is a bad investment, don't get cucked you cucking cuck"

Yes. I know it's not an optimal way to get the cards I need. But sometimes a little retail therapy makes me feel good, and it's kind of fun to spend a little money for a chance to maybe get something cool.

Plus, I like to draft and play sealed.
>>
>>51821138
>"I'm not like OTHER token decks X3c"
That Sek'Kuar WAAAAAAGH deck that gA posted actually looked really fun
>>
>>51821397
Link? I've got him and I've been wanting to build a Jund deck, I just find most of the options really boring.
>>
>>51821458
Here

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/t-h-e-b-o-y-s-a-r-e-b-a-c-k-i-n-t-o-w-n/

It's totally gimmicky but I actually tried it on xmage and it's a hell of a lot of fun
>>
>>51821478
>Vehicles
>Siege Engines
>Giant Fuckoff Robots
>Gork n Mork
I am a fan.
>>
>>51819162
Build casually, play competitively. I once had an athreos shadowborn deck with a doomsday pile in it, and when I'd let someone else win and they'd later fins out that I could have won turn 5 with rune-scarred demon it immediately sucks all the fun away.
>>
>>51821560
>Athreos Shadowborn
>with a Doomsday pile

What the fuck, I need a list
>>
>>51812954
If you're getting Ezuri, throw in Sage of Hours for infinite turns.
>>
>>51821590
Basically you just sac 6 apostles for rune scarred demon and win off of doomsday.
>>
>>51821712
What was the pile?
>>
>>51820981
This.
Esper is getting really fucking stale, I already have sen triplets, merieke, oloro and halfdane built, I want something new.

it's my favourite colour combination okay, don't judge me desu
>>
>>51821555
I feel like maybe Mogis might be a better Gork than Purphoros, but the whole deck needs a little more fine-tuning.

Also, Mindless Automaton is the most Orky looking robot in Magic, so.
>>
>>51821771
Regardless, I like it. You got it on paper?
>>
>>51821744
Moonlight bargain
Victimize
Mikaeus
Triskelion
Defense grid/conqueror's flail

If you'd already have one in hand you tutor up coffers instead.
>>
>>51821797
Not yet, no. The idea blindsided me the other day and I just brewed it up, but it actually looks goofy enough that it'll probably be the next one I build for real.
>>
>>51821771
>Also, Mindless Automaton is the most Orky looking robot in Magic
The Antiquities/4ED Triskelion is up there
>>
>>51821853
YOU GIT, THAT AIN'T HARDLY ORKY!

IT'S GOT NO CHOPPY BITS OR DAKKA! LEAST THE OTHER ONE'S GOT ZAPPY BITS!
>>
>>51821763
>no Merieke Ri Berit
Missing out, anon. takeshit.dec is fun and profitable.
>>
>>51820677
I cannot think of any way to put this to a good use. Instant lose cards are best used against the opponent, so having it immediately go off isn't good. Donating it to someone or using it as intended isn't going to help either as their lack of permanents just puts them on life support for one turn then steamrolled.

Something like Treasonous Ogre? Even then you just get some mana (not infinite since you can't pay life you don't have) and it still puts you at a huge disadvantage.

I guess it's okay if you have it on the field, Ghostway all of your creatures in response to combat, die, then draw a full grip plus returning permanents for your next turn.
>>
>>51821771
Now I want to build a similar deck with Zurgo at the helm so I can have Mogis and Iroas for Gork and Mork. Twin gods that never stop fightan.
>>
File: fi8vDtJI.jpg (69KB, 638x540px) Image search: [Google]
fi8vDtJI.jpg
69KB, 638x540px
>>51821887
I thought Esper was about intelligence, but your reading comprehension proved me wrong.
>>
>>51821921
U FOKKEN WOT

ORKZ WIT' NO GREEN?!

DAT'S WHAT DA 'UMIES CALL 'ERESY!
>>
>>51821478
>「 T H E B O Y S A R E B A C K I N T O W N 」
Oh for fuck's sake, that is spot on
>>
File: shamefurdispray2.jpg (158KB, 319x480px) Image search: [Google]
shamefurdispray2.jpg
158KB, 319x480px
>>51821940
I must now commit Sudoku
>>
>>51821974
I have a print of that in my house. Without the text of course.
>>
>>51822015
Man, I just do not get the appeal of Japanese art from that era. I try to keep an open mind about art, but everything in that style is just goofy looking as hell. I guess that's just what the people of that time wanted, but compared to what their art looked like before that era and what everyone else in the civilized world was doing during that era? Weird.
>>
>>51822089
Same honestly, I only have it because it was already on the wall when my parents still owned the house, and I never bothered to take it down.

You can subscribe to my blog by being a faggot like me.
>>
>>51812596
i dunno but ive really wanted to do a mono green mana deck with omnath locus of mana, just geeks and ramp to jerk off the elemental.
>>
>>51822335
Do it. It's just about the most fun you can have with your pants on. You get to find out all the crazy shit Green can do if you're willing to pay (with a bit of artifact help, granted). My Omnath is the first EDH deck I built and it'll be the last one I take apart.
>>
>>51821266
Truly suffering
>>
>>51821266
To be fair, there's nothing stopping you from putting a small handful of blue sources in the deck and otherwise having it mono-black with Skeleton Ship at the helm.
>>
I want to make a deck based around doctors, medicine, medicinal science, etc. Healers or things like Stitcher Geralf and equivalent are fine.
I need some suggestions as i dont know where to begin
>>
>>51821290
if only those lands were actually cool looking
come on wizards how hard is it to make full art lands that actually look like the things they are going to represent
fucking buildings and shit everywhere or hydrons and dumb shit like that

maddening
>>
>>51822429
>You get to find out all the crazy shit Green can do if you're willing to pay
Like what?
>>
>>51822764
The Mountain is really the only one that looks off. Otherwise they look fine
>>
>>51822753
Lilly heretical healer
Hua Tuo, Honored Physician
Healing Salve
psychic surgery
Feldon of the Third Path (considering his back story)

they come to mind
>>
So, I dug up some legendaries, what should I build?

>G/W Selvala
>Shu Yun
>B/R Grenzo
>Bosh
>Marath
>Arcanis
>Uyo, Silent Prophet
>FRF Silumgar
>Ruhan
>Sapling of Colfenor
>>
>>51822753
Name it 「 D R . F E E L G O O D 」

Other than that, I don't know how to help you. Dig through some Phyrexian cards for shit like Suture Priest, maybe?
>>
>>51822894
Bosh [CHICKS DIG GIANT ROBOTS], or Sapling of Colfenor deathtouch and lure voltron.
>>
>>51822785
Basically play with your entire deck at any given time. Green has really expensive but really explosive card draw that becomes bonkers when mana isn't a problem.
>>
>>51822894
Grenzo Doomsday
>>
>>51822894
Ruhan
>>
>>51822894
I have a really dumbass Shu Yun list if you wanna see it
>>
>>51820677
Put it in a deck with Exquisite Arcangel. Proceed to live thrice.
>>
>>51823007
「 F E E L G O O D I N C. 」
「 D O C T O R D O C T O R 」
>>
>>51823114
Can you name some? I'm looking at playing some gruul but I never play green or red, so I don't know any staples.
>>
>>51823754
Red's got fuck-all for draw.

Green has things like Collective Unconscious, Elemental Bond, Fecundity, Glimpse of Nature
>>
>>51823559
Hell, why not.
>>
>>51823836
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/d-o-y-o-u-r-e-a-l-l-y-w-a-n-t-t-o-h-u-r-t-m-e/
>>
File: 184.jpg (48KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
184.jpg
48KB, 312x445px
>>51823799
>Red's got fuck-all for draw.
HEARD YOU WAS TALKIN SHIT
>>
File: stop hitting yourself.jpg (112KB, 560x235px) Image search: [Google]
stop hitting yourself.jpg
112KB, 560x235px
>>51823881
Kek, I have always kind of wanted to do a deck like that.
>>
>>51823881
>one thousand dollars

Damn you and your judge foils, gA
>>
Has anyone here ever played around with death wish? Is it useful in certain situations or should you just put the card you're tutoring for in the maindeck?

I imagine it would be fun to just carry some ultra counters around like rest in piece, chainer's edict, jester's cap, and just have it be the bridge to all of them.

The card that searches for counterplays that are too narrow to maindeck.
>>
File: Foilz.png (603KB, 510x611px) Image search: [Google]
Foilz.png
603KB, 510x611px
>>51824124
>>
>>51824135
Technically, it doesn't do anything.
>>
What's some stupid fun stuff that doesn't get wrecked by a single type of removal?
>>
File: firefox_2017-02-20_14-47-37.png (681KB, 989x272px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-02-20_14-47-37.png
681KB, 989x272px
Are you ready for more FART lands?
>>
>>51824135
Wish cards are kinda screwy territory in EDH, really. >>51824196 is right on the money, since how they actually function is to pull things from your sideboard in the middle of a game, and EDH decks don't exactly do sideboards.

If your group lets you though, I suppose you could do that though. EDH is a casual format after all, do whatever the hell works for your group.
>>
>>51824372
those Nicol Bolas horns look retarded, these lands would look so much better without them
>>
>>51824372
It's WUBRG, not GWUBR, you dimwit.
>>
>>51824372
>plains stole swamp's sun
neat
>>
File: cody.jpg (34KB, 452x342px) Image search: [Google]
cody.jpg
34KB, 452x342px
>>51818803
>>
>>51819055
I can understand how frustrating it can be to have people dome you because you're "open", which leads to getting knocked out of the game pretty quick, but even that's silly

What I -will- agree with wholeheartedly is people being angry about fuck-awful threat assessment. I love getting a middling-usefulness artifact hit with a Smelt when the token player has an Akroma's Memorial out.
>>
>>51822894
Ruhan Voltron has to be the most hilarious build of all-time, right? Go with that.
>>
>>51824596
Is it bad that I kind of wish it actually WAS GWUBR now?
>>
The fuck is happening to Basilisk Collar, doubled in price and shows no signs of stopping
>>
>>51824196
>>51824458
01/10/2009 "In a sanctioned event, a card that’s “outside the game” is one that’s in your sideboard. In an unsanctioned event, you may choose any card from your collection."

Seems like you could just carry around a few cards for edh. Might play it as impressive jank.
>>
>>51824857
Walking Ballista in Tron.
>>
>>51824867
>Abilities which refer to other cards owned outside the game (Wishes, Spawnsire, Research, Ring of Ma'ruf) do not function in Commander without prior agreement on their scope from the playgroup.
Straight from the EDH rules.
>>
>>51824857
Possible reprint in MM17?
>>
>>51824901
So the EDH RC just errata's straight up rules from gatherer? That sounda like horseshit to be honest.
>>
NEW THREAD HERE

>>51824955
>>51824955
>>51824955

NEW THREAD HERE
>>
>>51824857
The answer is always

S T A R C I T Y J E W S
>>
>>51824931
1) That's not what 'errata' means

2) Gatherer is not the rules. When you see something on Gatherer, that's just summing up some part of the CR for a commonly-asked question about that card.

3) Format rules trump the CR
>>
>>51824931
That's not errata, it's just a rule for the format. Do you call bullshit if someone played more than 4 of a card in limited?
>>
>>51825013
Not that guy, but there's a difference between "this is how this card works" and "these are the limits in this format that you have to work with".

Although I do agree wish can get really weird. How would it work with taking cards that don't have the correct color identity for example
>>
File: 1478764547447.jpg (360KB, 710x508px) Image search: [Google]
1478764547447.jpg
360KB, 710x508px
>>51824372
That fucking hand is making me mad holy shit. Now it looks like it's mocking me.
Thread posts: 381
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.