[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/TG/edh General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 51

File: IMG_2578.jpg (43KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2578.jpg
43KB, 223x310px
Beautiful Art Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, so?rted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/
http://combodeck.net/

>Thread Question
Commander 2017 Predictions?
>>
>>51803414
>Commander 2017 Predictions?
Allied color cycle. I wouldn't even hate if they brought back experience counters.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/t-h-e-b-o-y-s-a-r-e-b-a-c-k-i-n-t-o-w-n/

Repostan for suggestiosn
>>
File: therelease.png (2MB, 1325x819px) Image search: [Google]
therelease.png
2MB, 1325x819px
So now, after the dust has settled - what is your opinion about partner? What is the best team in your opinion?
>>
>>51803457
OP here, yeah I fully expect 2017 to be allied with experience counters and I'm actually super stoked to see what that will entail. My dream would be tribal instead, but I doubt we'd get mono-color decks which what they would need to be.
>>
>>51803515
Partner was an interesting idea that was executed poorly, and rather than being the 'focal point' of a release like it should have been, was a "Half-day Friday" bullshit way to get out of having to design 4 color commanders.

If C16's focus had been Partner, and they'd spent more time making them have interesting synergies I really would have liked it.
>>
>>51803600
I hope they revisit partner somewhere down the line and make it the sole focus of the product. There's a lot of potential for the mechanic.
>>
>>51803515
Terrible, what the fuck were they thinking?

Vial-Smasher and Trasios is pretty unarguably the best combination. I'm a fan of Sidar Kondo and Tymna as a source of constant CA in an Abzan hatebears styled deck but there are definitely better options for a deck like that.
>>
>>51803667
>Definitely better options
That's the majority of the problem, in my opinion. They went so 'safe' and boring on the abilities that the only combinations that are really any good... are outclassed by existing shit.
>>
>>51803764
>They went so 'safe' and boring
>outclassed by existing shit.
Good. I don't want them printing things that are more interesting and better than existing shit in commander products. I want to see people brew standard/conspiracy legendaries that aren't straight up outclassed by Commander products. See: Gisa and Geralf vs Meren.
>>
>>51803650
I agree with this. The cards were bad and designed poorly. The mechanic has potential, but most partners are just dull and uninteresting. I wish they revisit the mechanic and do something actually useful
>>
>>51803865
If they're not going to print interesting things in Commander, what's the point?

You're not some kind of speshul snowflake for using a clearly-designed-for-Commander Legendary from a regular set.
>>
>>51803515

These

>>51803600
>>51803650

Pretty much sum it up.

>>51803667

I kinda want to try Tana, the Bloodsower and Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa, along with Zada. Get a constantly growing army of next to unblockable saporlings that you pump when they hit, it's sounds like fun.
>>
>>51803515
>what is your opinion about partner? What is the best team in your opinion?

it was a really cool idea but there are just not enough good pairs. viel smasher thrasios are basically the only good that i have personally seen. most people i know that play them do it just to get a certain color identity and they dont really have a strategy around them

i think eventually once there are more they will be really good if wizards decides to do it again which i think they will
>>
>>51803865
>Gisa and Geralf vs Meren
They're both terrible cards designed to only be playable in Commander.
>>
>>51803515
>Trasios, Eroe Marinide

lol

The mechanic I feel is alright and definitely ripe with potential, but so many of the cards we did get are ridiculously underwhelming, not including the flavor disaster that was Ludevic. If 2017 does turn out to be allied color decks, here's hoping one of the new alt-commanders in the box is another partner, could help shore up the weaknesses of so many of the others.
>>
File: SN855055_zps733a1b7c.jpg (300KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SN855055_zps733a1b7c.jpg
300KB, 768x1024px
Pic related is my voltron deck. Aside from my creatures that give me value on ETB (trinket/trophy mage, sram, stone forge etc) What are some creatures to include that I can slap swords on to when Daxos' commander taxos gets too high?
>>
>>51803973
They won't do partner unless they have multiple partners in each box.

So either three brand new commanders with two or three partner cards, or they reprint a partner commander in those colors from the immediately prior year's release.

I find it unlikely it will have partners at all.
>>
>>51803973
They wouldn't just throw in one random thing with Partner, because by design a Partner Legendary is weaker than a 'normal' one. You'd never want to use a Partner commander solo.
>>
>>51804008
I hope you didn't pay too much for that godawful alter
>>
>>51803881
If they printed commanders with partner that were as good as commanders of the same colors without partner, there would be no point in ever playing those commanders. Brewing would always have "I could splash two more colors into this deck if I went with that partner" hanging over your head. The weaknesses of your two colors are just gone. Commander tables would get stagnant real quick. Keeping their abilities simple was a fine call.
>>51803970
Sure, but Meren does what G&G does better and in better colors for what it tries to accomplish.
>>
>>51804008
That has to be the worst alter I've ever seen.
>>
>>51804096
Okay, there seems to have been some kind of misunderstanding.

I totally understand (and am totally fine with!) Partner Commanders being inherently weaker than normal ones, because otherwise you could have two full-power Commanders in your zone. That's fine- I'm okay with that.

First, I don't think that means the abilities have to be overly simple. You can absolutely tone them back but make them INTERESTING, and more importantly, make them synergize in fun ways rather than what we got, which is a bunch of overcosted versions of existing cards that don't really mesh well together at all.

Second, my gripe there was that people bash on the Commander products for being 'spoonfeeding', as if they're somehow a clever deckbuilder for taking something like Gisa and Geralf and building a deck around that. Newsflash: They've been designing things 'for' Commander since it was still called EDH.
>>
>>51804110
It almost looks like it was done by different people. The tilework is okay, and the shadow of the sheath is fine, but the sheath itself looks like it was doodled in sharpie (seriously, you can see voids where it wasn't even filled in) and the border extensions above the text line are abysmal. Look at how poorly the sky blends, and that fuck-awful column and statue.
>>
My playgroup is dead. I have no one left to play with. My cards are just sitting around mocking me now. If you're in a cool playground I suggest you cherish whatever time you have. Things can change suddenly, and then before you know it your only interaction with the game is talking to people about it on malaysian bean fetishist board.
>>
>>51804031
>>51804110
not mine, it was the first non blurry photo in google
>>
>>51804008
Do you have very many auras, and do you like paying a lot of mana for a chance at a tutor you might not actually get? Oh and do you like creatures that look like they should fly, but they don't? Then this piece of trash is for you.
>>
Post cards your group has disallowed you to use. My first one is exografted skeleton. We tested it once it was kind of ugly.
>>
is there a point in building a voltron deck if you have a ton of creatures on the field?
>>
>>51804276
poison is set at twenty-fucking-one (21) and felidar sovereign is banned because lmao start at 40
>>
>>51804276
On nekusar I forgot to mention
>>
What does food chain Tazri do if food chain gets exiled?
>>
>>51804140
>You can absolutely tone them back but make them INTERESTING
This is the problem with bottom-up design. They had 15 slots to fill in specific color combinations. They decided to use already existing characters because they figured they could sell some product to vorthoses. They played it safe with the abilities, and because of how awful WotC seems to be at evaluating the breakability of cards, I cannot fault them. The last thing they want to do is need to ban their own commander products.
Yes, they could have been more interesting. I agree fully. But ering on the side of caution is something I can't really get mad at them for. Commander products are inherrently boring.
>Speshul snowflake
At least the veil of creativity is there. G&G was an example I saw first hand. A friend of mine loves zombies and wanted to brew G&G as soon as he saw it. Eventually as he was brewing he decided to just go Meren because of how much more efficient she was.
>>
>>51804343
Cry
>>
>>51804343
Lose. Or cast Doomsday or any other backup plan.
>>51804328
>poison
>21
What the shit? It's not really that powerful anyway unless you're playing with turboscrubs
>>
>>51803457
>>51803520
reminder that experience counters gave us
>Kalemne, one of the worst boros generals ever
>Meren, which is boring and every deck is the same
>Mizzix, which is objectively broken
>Ezuri, which outside of comboing with sage of hours doesn't do much
>Daxos, which is just enchantment goodstuff
at least the new secondary commanders were marginally interesting. Here's to hoping they reprint OG sigarda and bruna like they reprinted gisela.
>>
>>51799196
I basically don't wanna play combo or hearthstone, mtg edition
>>
>>51803865
>I don't want people to brew legendaries that were printed in Commander products that outclass standard shit
>but I do want people to brew legendaries that were printed in Conspiracy products that outclass standard shit
>>
>>51804615
they think infect is balanced around reaching half of your life total, not balanced around reaching 10. they are too autistic for any sort of reasoning so i dont even bother any more, and just removed infect from all of any of my decks that played it
>>
>>51804343
Riftsweeper. Literally why the card is run in the deck.
>>
>>51804909
This is why I run jester's cap in a lot of decks. Early ramp into "lol you can't win" is hilarious.
>>
>>51804687
Just because then fucked up the mechanic once doesn't mean they shouldn't try again. There's very few mechanics that were run away successes on their first try. Hell, compare the multi-color creatures of Legends to the ones in Invasion.
>>
>>51804687
Kalemne is ironically probably one of the best Boros generals (she's basically Rafiq in shittier colors) but super easily outclassed and seriously not that great anyway. and she was, i nfact, immediately outclassed by the next commander product with Bruse Tarl for the most part. She's a little better by herself as a one-man army voltron commander since she has vigilance which is huge in commander but bruse's upside with lifelink is so much bigger and the potential to have more colors than boros is kind of a thing.
>>
>>51805073
Also I make this post but I actually hate kalemne because she worst push for a "giant tribal" deck I have ever fucking seen. You mean if I cast a a huge motherfucker in a BOROS deck I get +1/+1 bigger? Wowee zowee mr wizards of the coast thanks a fucking bundle I'll surely shove my WR deck full of giants now instead of going the most boring and still shitty route of playing voltron and ignoring her experience counters.
>>
File: 1292308231255.jpg (48KB, 429x409px) Image search: [Google]
1292308231255.jpg
48KB, 429x409px
(reposting from last thread)

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/affirmative-actiondec/

I want to build to a point where i can win with one of the 4 "you win the game" cards i have while shrugging off damage, but hit back if need be.

anything from the maybe to support a slowly and politically built board state?
>>
This may be a bit off topic but would you guys bully my Yu-Gi-Oh friends if they switched their general over here?
>>
>mfw using my friend's Titania deck last night

I'm smitten. Holy shit that was fun; I definitely want my own Titania deck now.
>>
>>51804019
They could do one allied color legendary as the main commander in the set, then three mono-color commanders with partner e.g. WU gets 1 white and 2 blue partners, UB gets 1 blue and 2 black partners etc. That's just as many legendaries as they designed in C16.

Here's what that would enable when combining with C16 partners:
3 unique combinations for every monocolor
15 unique combinations for allied colors
21 unique combinations for enemy colors
12 unique combinations for shards
15 unique combinations for wedges

It's inevitable to get a bunch of playable decks with that many permutations.
>>
>>51804268
i have that in my bruna voltron deck for a while, still mad i spent money on it. with all the other tutors out there why get one so easily dealt with?
>>
File: IMG_3583.png (134KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3583.png
134KB, 223x311px
Is there anything higher on the "remove from the battlefield" priority list than this card?
>>
>>51805306
kataki
t. breya
>>
is vampire tribal possible in EDH without losing 99% of the time? most vampires seem pretty small and they don't have as much synergies or wonky effects as goblins
>>
>>51804276
I cant play waste not or time seive.
>>
>>51805306
Blightsteel colossus.
>>
>>51805188
There's tons of threads on /v/ and /vg/ about it, does it really need it's own /tg/ general too?
>>
>>51805342
You could do it for fun but as you said there really isnt much synergy or pay off for doing so. it also kind of sucks you're split between white and red for secondary colors. The commander that gives the most direct pay off to build around is the sac non vampires guy I guess.
>>
>>51805188

Yes.
>>
>>51804328
>Poison is set at twenty-fucking-one
No it isn't.
>>
>>51805524
its a house rule by retards
>>
>>51805536
Then you might as well complain about how Rafiq is legal even though you only get 1 combat step per turn because of the rules saying so
>>
>>51805306
Most things that combo to win the game.
>>
>>51805566
Do you even have a single idea what the conversation is about or what words might mean in a language?
>>
>>51805730
I misread the first thing, my bad.
>>
>>51803515
Trasios + anything
>>
>>51804965
alright. create a commander card using experience counters that is interesting and not broken.
Protip: you literally can't
>>
File: IMG_3346.png (127KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3346.png
127KB, 223x311px
>>51805817
Kalemne.
>>
>>51805842
>Interesting
>>
>>51805817
Psh.

>Fuckwad, the magnificent
1BBB
Flying, Lifelink
Whenever you lose life, add an experience counter.

Remove an experience counter: target creature gains lifelink and flying until the end of turn.

4/2
>>
>>51805852
Interesting is overpowered.
>>
>>51805842
Ive gotten 3 exp counters as ny maximum. Ive won more than 3 games as kalemne. Shes a fucking atrociously designed card and should have been like the line slinger partner card they printed. she cant even get experience from her patron god, like whats the point of playing a completely flavorless card other than being a sweaty tryhard or a gimic deck.
>>
>>51805893
The flavor is that she leads an army of giants so there is flavor. She's just horrible
>>
>>51805871
Which she isn't? She's barely ok
>>
>>51805950
How is she horrible?
>>
What's a good Timmy/Johnny commander, heavy on the Timmy?

My group is getting sick of pure combos, to the point where they argue with me about rules and the stack to try and make sure I don't win. I want to dial it back and play fatties, but still maintain some light combos
>>
>>51805972
I was being hyperbolic, I actually believe she's okay for a Boros commander. But what is horrible is that she horribly supports any sort of fatty deck.
>>
>>51805842
It's probably my shitty meta but kalemne almost never loses when I play it.
>>
>>51805985
Wort with an emphasis on token makers rather than trying to storm off
>>
>>51805985
Doran? Not much Johnny there however.
>>
>>51805972
1) She's in the single weakest two-color combination of the format

2) Just like almost every single R/W Legend, her abilities are just "SMASH HARDURR"

3) She triggers off of big dudes, which are more common in green than in red/white, and with the fuck-awful ramp in R/W, you've got to balance big dudes to trigger her with spells you can actually play

4) She does nothing the turn she comes down

5) When she does go online, all she does is get very slightly bigger. It helps that she already has Double Strike, but as far as Voltron commanders go, there's better options- hell, there's better options in her own colors.
>>
>>51805950
>disciple of iroas
>cant learn from iroas her teacher
>can learn from elesh norn scourge of reality
Shes worse than you think, she has negative flavor
>>
>>51805985
Nu-sevala
>>
>>51806001
Kalemne gets a bad rap because she's basically a french vanilla big dude that attacks good which is nothing special or interesting. And voltron isn't a very strong strategy in general on top of being Boros colors. It kind of overshadows the fact that she was on release actually the best voltron commander in boros and boros lends itself well to that playstyle regardless of how not good it is.
>>
>>51806002
I have Wort, and that's why they hate me. They tried to argue that if Wort dies after a spell is conspired, the copy no longer exists on the stack
>>
>>51806015
I'm pretty usre the flavor of experience counters is not actually "learning" contrary to the name. I'm pretty sure Ezuri isn't "learning" with his abilities, he's enlisting dorks and compleating them. The flavor for Kalemne's ability is that she gets stronger when she gets more allies in her army, which is composed of giants.
>>
>>51804943
Not going to happen before Food Chain goes off.
>>
>>51806055
ezuri is grafting parts to get stronger, hes the claw of progress. Shes iroas' desciple and her flavor is shes learning combat abilities from these other big dudes to fight better, except shes retarded.
>>
>>51805985
t h r o m o k
>>
File: tomasz-jedruszek-mtg03112015.jpg (310KB, 1200x882px) Image search: [Google]
tomasz-jedruszek-mtg03112015.jpg
310KB, 1200x882px
>>51806126
manlet detected
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>all this talk about the Face-Sitting Queen
>>
>>51806163
At least Im not a straight downgrade from bane of progress
>>
>giantess fetish
please explain that to me because i don't get it.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>51806191
rude
>>
>>51806191
Price doesn't have vigilance, a base 5/5 body, or the ability to activate the wipe at any time.
>>
>>51806006
>4) She does nothing the turn she comes down
Hall of the Bandit Lord says Hi

>implying people would play her on a turn where she couldn't act immediately
Thats like casting Dark Ritual and passing
>>
>>51806265
...and Kalemne has none of that either.
>>
>>51806283
If you play kalamne and any equipments or big creatures she can easily have 6+ power.
>>
>>51806191
>exiles
>isn't countered by lolTorporOrb, an artifact
>>
>>51806006
>hell, there's better options in her own colors.
Actually, there isn't. Or wasn't until Bruse Tarl/Akiri. I guess Tajic too? But he couldn't be built straight voltron.
>>
>>51806326
Iroas?
>>
>>51806317
1) That's not a 'base' of 5/5

2) That doesn't give her the ability to nuke the board of artifacts and enchantments either
>>
>>51806283
Kalemne has vigilance and her base stats increase over time. Plus double strike is incredibly useful.
>>
>>51806283
We're comparing Bane of Progress to Kalemne's Captain sir
>>
>>51806276
Hall of the Bandit Lord triggers her ability, does it?

And I'm sorry, are you routinely waiting until you have nine fucking mana before casting Kalemne?
>>
>>51806342
I guess? But you have to turn him on and he costs as much as kalemne anyway. I always thought of him more as a token commander.
>>
>>51806353
Why does she need to nuke the board when you can kill someone with commander damage?
>>
>>51806354
She's also not a 5/5, nor can she nuke the board, which is the claim that was stupidly being made.
>>
>>51806373
Because the discussion was "Bane of Progress is not a base 5/5 and can't destroy the board whenever you want".

Which is also true of Kalemne.
>>
>>51806342
The Gods are an awful choice for Voltron if you plan on attacking with them. Devotion is too easily disrupted
>>
>>51806371
>I always thought of him more as a token commander
Yeah, definitely soldier token commander. I thought you are asking about a better RW commander at all, my bad
>>
>>51806367
Do you even know what that land does fuckwit?
>>
>>51806373
How is a 3/3 able to kill someone with commander damage?
>>
>>51806439
Yes, it gives her haste.

Which means she's attacking.

Which is not the same as triggering her ability.
>>
>>51806432
Oh, no, I just meant voltron. Even though it seems obvious, WR actually had no really good dedicated Voltron commander before Kalemne and I think argument could still be made that she's still the best if we're talking purely boros and not Bruse with a non boros partner, as much as that means for a boros voltron.
>>
>>51806397
See
>>51806363
>>
>>51806467
I think Jor Kadeen is a better option.
>>
File: IMG_3584.jpg (44KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3584.jpg
44KB, 223x310px
>>51806444
Pic, Brawler's plate, O-Naginata, Loxodon Warhammer, Tenza, Godo's Maul, etc.
>>
>>51806465
>Does nothing
>Assigning commander damage is nothing

I see, you're retarded.
>>
>>51806481
No way. More mana, more set up, less relevant abilities. I honestly can't see any way Jor Kadeen would be better for Voltron.
>>
>>51806467
akiri line slinger is better for voltron than kalemne.
>>
File: en_NVmXolHdE1b.png (190KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_NVmXolHdE1b.png
190KB, 265x370px
Planeswalkers are some of my favorite cards, I always try to include 2-3 in every list. Who are your favorite underrated planeswalkers or one you always include?
>>
>>51806538
i was wrapping her under bruse tarl which ive said could be better. she isn't better unless paired with him, and even then I still think it's arguable since it requires so much more set up to make akiri even sort of big whereas kalemne just sort of exists and can come down is a threat with nothing else going on, but you'll of course have other things going on so she only gets better. akiri really needs to be heavily built around and have the right hand
>>
>>51806538
Akiri starts off as a 0/3 and you have to play a bunch of easily removeable stuff to power it up.
>>
>>51806572
I love Ajani, Caller of the Pride in Karlov gives evasion, can pump his counters.
>>
>>51806006
You mean >>51805306
Is better than kalemne for voltron?
>>
>>51806538
It's a trade. The Kor is cheaper but more vulerable to having her damage output disrupted while FaceSitter costs more but has stronger base-line. Both will want to go Voltron but Kalemne utilizes the equiptment more efficiently and Akiri can get pumped a lot easier.

That's without taking into account Partner
>>
>>51805972
Because people use the giant promo print that comes with the precon decks. Annoying but flavorful.
>>
>>51806810
wtf i want to play kalemne now
>>
If I want to run Enchanted Evening combo, is Hanna my best bet and Aura Thief the cheekist thing to do?

Or should I go Esper for tutors, and maybe run Ertai? I'm in love with Enchanted Evening. Anything that messes with card types always seems fun to me.
>>
>>51805306
There's nothing better than the feeling of resolving an Earthquake for X=13 with her on your field.
>>
>>51806924
Personally I'd go hanna since you still have a decent amount of tutors for enchantments plus transmute stuff, and her ability synergizes much more with that combo game plan.
>>
File: Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder.full.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder.full.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
What the hell do I do with this guy /edhg/? I've been testing a couple different builds and I just can't settle on what the hell I want to do with all those cascades.
>>
>>51806521
1 more mana, is a 5/3 that buffs to an 8/3 when you control 3 or more artifacts, which you very well fucking will in Voltron
>>
>>51806988
Kalemne is an effective 6/3 for one less mana that's also vigilant and still can use those equipment. 8/3 is admittedly a better number to be but one less mana is still one less mana for only 1 less relevant power (which will probably be made up with by the equipment) and kalemne can still get bigger incidentally just by playing cards. You probably wouldn't really build around it but playing an occasional titan avacyn or stonehewer or whatever will happen.
>>
File: 1331765522428.jpg (282KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1331765522428.jpg
282KB, 600x600px
>some fuckwit sendsa 42/42 Sliver Legion my way
>no trample
>straight into a Hornet Nest for 42 fucking bugs
>Drop The Hoof Daddy on my turn
>>
>>51806945
Cascade into Living End
>>
>>51806988
But kalemne just doubles any power bonuses from equipment and can realistically swing for commander damage lethal with a few things like >>51806491
Said. Loxodon is probably the best desu.
>>
>>51807164
HOOF THERE IT IS
>>
>>51806945

The "best" way to build him is storm, unfortunately. Which basically turns him into a more annoying narset, as he'll win after one attack but take the usual storm time to do so.

I have seen some wheel decks that basically build him like nekusar, as you have access to tons of wheel and card draw/discard hate, and cascade is a good way to circumvent getting your hand reset every spell.

If you want something lowpower, I have seen cascade voltron or xbox-huege spells.dec that seem fun too.
>>
File: NOT THE BEES.png (295KB, 840x347px) Image search: [Google]
NOT THE BEES.png
295KB, 840x347px
>>51807164
>>
>>51806945
storm (the new lifegain fishbowl thing is bretty good)
wheels and Notion Thief
paradox engine etc.
>>
Re-reposting since there seems to be more activity than there was this morning

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/t-h-e-b-o-y-s-a-r-e-b-a-c-k-i-n-t-o-w-n/

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
>>
Managed to grab Atraxa from Wal-Mart today. And as much as I want to flip it for a twice the price, there was only one and a buddy has wanted it for awhile, so I grabbed it for him and he's gonna pay me back. Plus I already have Saskia and Yidris who I actually want to play, so there we go.

How badly is he gonna slaughter me before modding it?
>>
>>51807173
That was going to be my suggestion.
>>
>>51807173
>>51807229
>>51807298
>Living End
>Wheels

Boy oh boy do I have ideas now. Thanks m8s.
>>
>Tfw too much of a brainlet to understand synergy.
>>
>>51807445
Delve cards and cantrips my man.
>>
File: tfw2smartformemes.jpg (1MB, 4030x4096px) Image search: [Google]
tfw2smartformemes.jpg
1MB, 4030x4096px
>>51807445
>tfw too intelligent to play commander
>>
>>51807164
Why does green get so many dank meme plays?
>>
>>51806572
Ajani mentor of heroes is one I love but he's currently sitting on the sidelines
>>
>>51807608
Timmies only win 5% of the time, but when they do it's usually rad
>>
>>51806572
Garruk Wildspeaker. It's overrun ramp and tokens all for 4 mana
>>
File: 136.jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
136.jpg
77KB, 312x445px
I went to a yard sale with a couple of old MTG deckboxes sitting out, and two of these were in one. I know they're a hot commodity for 60-card formats, but it looks fun to cast. What commanders are best suited to using this card?
>>
>>51808098
WEIGHING IN AT FOUR TONS

HAILING FROM (AND FEEDING ON) THE HIGHLANDS OF NEPHALIA

IT'S THE BIGFROG FROM GITROG

THE GITROOOOOG MONSTER!
>>
>>51808098
Omnath locus of Rage
>>
>>51806944
How does Hanna usually win? It's WU so I assume Pillowfort into combo, but what combo?
>>
>>51806945
Yidris' main strength is also his biggest weakness in terms of design; free stuff, but you don't have (much of) a say in what. thus, Yidris is only powerful in a strategy that has incredibly high redundancy without requiring a highly specific order. thats why his best build is storm due to the multitude of interchangeable tutor and draw effects.

You could of course run a chaos deck, but things like 4 color slivers or other tribal strategies work well with him. find a playstyle with high redundancy and build around it.
>>
>>51808273
Enchanted evening then usually stuff like aura thief or mass enchantment removal and such is what I've seen.
>>
>>51808360
Also that strategy got a new toy in Consulate Crackdown
>>
File: 42.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
42.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
Who pairs best with this guy?
>>
>>51808446
It really depends on what you want to do. I like Tymna because he can give all your dudes evasion to consistently draw the max amount. Pairing with Ludevic has a similar synergy though worse, but gives you more colors. He pairs with Ikra Shidiqi interestingly by giving your low power high toughness dudes a way to get through. Bruse Tarl can give him double strike and lifelink while still getting evasion from his own ability. Probably other small synergies
>>
>>51808416
...Consulate Crackdown doesn't hit enchantments.
>>
>>51808446
Silias renn
>>
>>51806087
>Run Jester's cap in Kozilek
>Every time some tryhard zur/Tazri combobaby shows up and I have Jester's cap early I cast it turb 2-3

Yeah it will. Only problem is a lack of tutors, but I seem to draw it when I need it.
>>
>>51808360
Gotcha, so you just wait for the board to be developed and kill everyone with their own stuff.

Or in the case of blowing up all other enchantments, just having a good threat to close out the game if they don't insta-scoop.
>>
>>51808591
>HURR NURR I CAN CONSISTENTLY HAVE THIS ONE SPECIFIC CARD ON TURN 2 EVERY SINGLE GAME
>>
>>51808009
Garruk is probably one of the least underrated commanders, everyone knows how good he is.
>>
>>51804268
I play at a pretty casual meta and this guy has pulled through almost every time it's been played.

Even if it eats a removal by the time I've tutored up something good, it's done its job well.

That and letting my tunnel vision/traumatize on myself resolve. Once I have bruna on the field, I have plenty of protection for it.
>>
>>51808746
>Garruk
>a commander
>>
>>51808763
Fuck I meant planeswalker, don't look at me, I'm disgusting.
>>
>>51808098
Titania, Gitgud frog, and Angry Omnath come to mind
>>
>>51808490
>Ikra + Sidar
>thicc tribal (that isnt treefolk)

fuck that actually seems really fun, i think ill build it
>>
>>51803457
Allied colors are the way of the future.

>>51803515
Partners were a mistake.
>>
Any of y'all seen this shit? I'm hype as hell for crocodile dragons, personally.

http://news.toyark.com/2017/02/18/toy-fair-2017-magic-gathering-amonkhet-reveal-242701
>>
File: DAYUM.gif (992KB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
DAYUM.gif
992KB, 371x209px
>>51808894
>Crocodile dragons
>>
>>51808098
Gitrog Monster
>>
>>51808894
So does anyone know if Amonkhet going to be a shards or mono?
Kinda hoping for mono set similar to Theros.
>>
File: 1487198973162.png (327KB, 600x419px) Image search: [Google]
1487198973162.png
327KB, 600x419px
>>51808894
>maros favourite (((lame))) new set is about to be BTFO by
>crocodile dragons

post yfw that badass is legendary
>>
>>51809051
Literally the only two things we know about it are "Space Egypt" and "Bolas is the big boss". We've got nothing on themes.

Given what we have in Standard, and what's rotating out, I wouldn't expect a ton of multicolor.
>>
File: vader.png (206KB, 424x318px) Image search: [Google]
vader.png
206KB, 424x318px
>>51809072
>>
>>51809076
Nothing is rotating out with Amonkhet's release.
>>
>>51809127
Jesus christ, I forgot they decided to change the rotation again so that we're stuck with Gideon for another 8 fucking months
>>
File: bitterordeal.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
bitterordeal.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>51809076
I want Amonkhet to be a sacrifice-focused set that brings back the Gravestorm mechanic. Delirium and Revolt would both play well into that.
>>
File: 1361158581631.png (970KB, 688x674px) Image search: [Google]
1361158581631.png
970KB, 688x674px
>>51809072
>mfw
>>
>>51809180
>bringing back storm in any way
I doubt it
>>
Planar Portal or Planar Bridge? I'm thinkin' Bridge, 2 more mana to activate but you just cheat it out
>>
File: 101.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
101.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
>>51809072
>>
File: 1413068792911.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1413068792911.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>51809072
>Legendary Creature - Crocodile Dragon God.
>>
since wizards has come out and said they dont give a shit about modern anymore do you guys think they will do that to commander one day?
>>
>>51809240
Bridge most of the time
>>
>>51809180
>that fucking card
I run a lazav mill deck. Is that literally saying I can snipe a blightsteel and all his friends for 2B after a mill?
>>
>>51809275
yes don't play it though, it's a trap card
>>
>>51809275
I believe so. Have fun with your new tech!
>>
>>51809275
No. Milling doesn't count as permanents entering the graveyard.
>>
>1-3
Build Edric
>4-6
Build Titania
>7-9
Build Xenagod
>0
Spend too much money on making Ghave better
>>
>>51809287
Why is it a trap? I'm a poor bastard who started with Theros. It's taken me years to learn about fun.
>>
File: 1481490513875.jpg (15KB, 303x269px) Image search: [Google]
1481490513875.jpg
15KB, 303x269px
>>51809072
>>
>>51809259
Wizards has no power over EDH anon
>>
>>51809305
IT IS DONE

Post best Titania tech/any good-ass nonbasics I should use
>>
>>51809317
It's card disadvantage. If you go after cards in their library that aren't combos then you're wasting 1 of your cards for X cards in their library or cards they don't have access to. It's basically 3 mana: don't affect the board or hands in any way which means it has to have a huge effect on the library which it doesn't.
>>
>>51809353
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=1767
>>
File: 1477345501659.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1477345501659.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>51805817
Done
>>
>>51809305
>1-3
Build Purph
>4-6
Build Rafiq
>7-9
Build Adriana
>0
Make Teysa better
>>
>>51803515
After playing Thrasios/Kydele for a while, I realized I was never actually making use of Kydele, but Thrasios is basically so good he doesn't even need Partner. I'm thinking of cutting Kydele for either Kraum, Ikra or Silas just to add a third color and balance out the 98 some. Which do you guys think would be better in a UG control?
>inb4 simic scum
>>
>>51809353
Gaia's cradle, fetch lands(even the weird ones like mountain valley), strip mine, wasteland, tectonic edge, ghost quarter, Hickory woodlot, and splendid reclamation are all cards a buddy of mine uses in his deck
>>
File: adr.png (138KB, 375x479px) Image search: [Google]
adr.png
138KB, 375x479px
>>51809368
>custom card
DELET THIS
>>
>>51809384
Okay, voltron here I come.
>>
>>51809368
Why did you make a RW daxos
>>
>>51809275
>permanents hitting the yard
>milling
cards aren't permanents until they hit the battlefield, anon.
>>
>>51809366
Oh, I run a deck full if tutors and the only thing stopping the mill train are shuffle-in effects. I'm going to pound some fools with disgusting wheel effects and mindcrank/duskmantle
>>
>>51809391
Gaea's Cradle is too rich for my blood but those other ones look good
>>
File: 1418781637636.jpg (22KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
1418781637636.jpg
22KB, 350x233px
>1-3
Build Numot Land Destruction
>4-6
Build Yeva
>7-9
Build Zurgo Helmsmasher
>0
Make Shattergang Brothers better.
>>
>>51809450
More importantly it fixes no problem with WR at all
>>
>>51809487
How many shuffles do they have?
>>
>>51809366
You lost me. literally all "high tier" decks in edh tutor for their combo pieces, how is jester's cap like stuff ever bad?
>>
>>51809544
It doesn't hit cards that they already have in hand, more often than not even the super linear combo decks can find a way to win despite you exiling their combo, and it rarely stops more than 1 or 2 players(which is fine if that's how many players are in a game but in bigger games it's bad)
>>
>>51807356
If he mods it into Superfriends, yeah good luck.

If anything else, it should be on par with Animar or other high level decks. If he builds it right, that is.
>>
>>51805817
Name: not Brion
CMC: 2RW
Abilities: Whenever you gain one or more life you get an experience counter
Tap not Brion: do damage to target creature or player equal to the number of experience counters you have
P/T: 0/5
>>
>>51809531
But if you did print something that 'fixes' the problems, it'd be out of color.
>>
>>51809544
1) It doesn't hit cards in their hand

2) They frequently have redundancies

3) If you're relying on a 4 mana artifact that requires and additional 2 mana to activate it to disrupt them, you lost 3 turns ago
>>
>>51809544
He is parroting arguments against mill without realizing this is entirely different.

In short, he is bad, ignore him. He doesn't get that you can pull the wincons out of multiple decks after a wipe, leaving them with nothing but trinket mages and Mulldrifters to win with, or that you can combo kill people with it very easily.
>>
>>51809368
You want good shit?

Big Tittie Elf
RW
Creature- Elf Warrior
Lifelink, First Strike
Whenever you cast an equipment spell, you get one experience counter.
2: Draw a card for each experience counter you have
1/2
>>
>>51809587
Not that guy but I'm also looking to upgrade my Atraxa deck from the precon. She seems pretty powerful and I have cards like Serrated Arrows which could have a cool interaction with her. Superfriends is too expensive for me and I'm not too interested going all in with infect
>>
File: aetherwindbasker.jpg (50KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
aetherwindbasker.jpg
50KB, 265x370px
>>51809739
Try energy. A lot of the really good things are cheap.
>>
>>51809616
False. We JUST got a mono white commander with pure, unmitigated card advantage as an ability.
>>
>>51809868
Except it's not "pure" card advantage. It's card advantage you have to jump through hoops for.
>>
File: 73.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
73.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>51809773
Energy is a pretty cool idea, I've been looking at pic related to maybe include too.
>>
>>51809883
I'm pretty sure drawing a card whilst still maintaining a card is going up in card advantage. It is one hundred percent raw card advantage no matter how you slice it dude. you're not even being pedantic at this point. you have to do something to get, that it doesn't make it not pure card advantage, even ignoring that it's things white should be doing anyway, much less mono white.
>>
>>51809958
Technically it's not card advantage, because you're cantripping.
>>
>>51809981
Do you know what card advantage is? Card advantage counts cards on board as well, and none of the things Sram triggers go away when cast. It's the difference between puresteel paladin and riddlesmith. It's pretty huge.
>>
>>51810015
Yes, I do. And cards like Elvish Visionary are not card advantage. They replace themselves- that's a net gain of 0.
>>
what's with the monster arm?
>>
>>51810116
Monster arm?
>>
File: ghave.jpg (266KB, 759x1049px) Image search: [Google]
ghave.jpg
266KB, 759x1049px
My casual playgroup just finished meeting for tonight, and 2 out of 3 games ended on turn 7 from people combo-ing off. I've got a jester's cap in some decks, ramp, and artifact tutors, but if too many people are playing combo, one guy can only circumvent so much.

So I'm taking it in an opposite direction, and intend to build Ghave. We wanna drop some combos, I'll drop some combos; so give me your sauciest or personal favourite interactions so I can give my whole table a taste of its own medicine for only playing "race to infinite"
>>
>>51810035
>Something like Slice in Twain is an obvious source of card advantage. You get to destroy one of your opponent's cards and draw a card.
>Similarly, Phyrexian Rager allows you to impact the board and replace itself. Once again, we've identified a source of card advantage.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/limited-information/card-advantage-brief-overview-2011-12-20
>>
>>51810035
Cards on the board ARE part of counting CA, thats how people can wrath and have it be a five for one or whatever.

You are thinking of shit like brainstorm. Assuming you're thinking at all and not just trying to parrot something you heard once poorly.
>>
>>51810166
IF you put any two permanents in the game on the board with Ghave, there is a 40% chance there's an infinite combo there. It's harder to build a deck that DOESN'T go infinite with Ghave.

That said, I'd recommend sitting down with your group and talking about the growing combo problem. If you respond with Ghave, you're gonna start a peeing race that'll just keep getting worse.
>>
>>51810166
Ghave+Juniper Order Ranger+Ashnod's Altar can make infinite tokens
>>
>>51810166
Just go the opposite direction and play anafenza anti combo with gaddock teeg, torpor orb, rest in peace, and all of that kind of fun stuff
>>
>>51810035
Fucking retards. Edhg is full of them. Can't even understand that phyrexian
Rager or Elvish visionary is card advantage
>>
>>51809739
enchantress voltron

also, ninth bridge patrol goes infinite with ashnod and animation module
>>
>>51809337
i mean will they stop putting out commander products you idiot
>>
>>51809337
They have 'power' in the sense they can stop designing stuff for it, and intentionally starve it of new cards. But they wouldn't.
>>
>>51810330
Probably never if people still play it.
>>
>>51810251
I wouldn't mind running some anti-combo stuff, if you have specific advice against Sidri (Lattice+Infinite mana to devastate opponent's available mana before sword+foundry once unimpeded) Brago (Strionic resonator + pirate. Everyone else exiles every permanent. Guy's deck is like 40% counterspells, 20% Rocks, 20% Tutors, 20% combo pieces, admits he just uses edh to take a break between legacy stints) and Karn (Same MLD strat as sidri, followed by any number of infinite combos) It's not like any one is too big a problem on its own, but all 3 simultaneously is a bit much. We have more combo players, but everyone else tends to have combos as a possibility, and normal play as a viable alternative.
>>
>>51810471
Stony Silence, Kataki, and Null Rod sound like allstars against your meta
>>
You were looking to buy some singles at your local lgs, but on the way, someone pulls up in a black van and kidnaps you before you can do anything. When you wake up, you find yourself chained up in a dark room with a dark figure sitting in a like chair. he tells you he will let you go with your life on one condition. you have to win a game of magic, not just any game of magic. a commander game, where you will be fighting against several other hostages in the same boat as you. Even though you don't have your collection with you, the mysterious figure happens to have a collection the rivals star city games, that you may borrow from to make yourself a deck. Who do you build in this game to the death /edh/?
>>
>>51810559
probably Zur Doomsday
>>
>>51809678
>2: Draw a card for each experience counter you have
nigga you outta your goddamn mind?
>>
>>51810559
phelldagrif
>>
>>51810636
This. I kingmake whoever looks like they need to get out of that van the most.

That or Divine Intervention Enchantress.
>>
>>51810559
tazri foodchain
>>
>>51810447
isnt that what people said about modern and legacy though?
>>
>>51810559
Hidetsugu

Probably tell everyone if we tie we all win, then backstab them.
>>
>>51810559
Yisan, or Grenzo Doomsday
>>
>>51810743
commander is a casual format so that's not really a fair comparison
>>
>>51810559
Alesha.
If I'm going out, I'm going out playing my first and favorite deck.
>>
>>51810743
They still makes products for those formats though.
>>
File: alesha.png (207KB, 241x347px) Image search: [Google]
alesha.png
207KB, 241x347px
give me some spicy tech for alesha
>>
>>51810559
I might go 5 color unwinnable boardstate, where with living plane, humility, night of souls betrayal, dovescape, shared fate and Titania's song.

Once all that is out we are either immortal or he is a liar. And if he was a liar the exercise is pointless.
>>
>>51809386
What makes thrasios good?
>>
>>51810811
Wall of Blood
>>
>>51810559

I just build a deck of random cards and try to murder my opponents irl during the game
>>
File: Image.png (262KB, 437x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
262KB, 437x311px
What's the most unique commander that you run?

I built a deck with these two recently. Lifegain with evasive big butts can be pretty fun.
>>
>>51810851
>Two commanders from a precon
>"Unique"
>>
File: necrotic sliver.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
necrotic sliver.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>51810811
Pretty fun to use this with Alesha
>>
File: Screenshot.png (113KB, 207x338px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
113KB, 207x338px
>>51810856

Yep
>>
>>51810815
You know Gravestorm requires permanents to be sent from the battlefield, right?
>>
>>51809366
Gave runs it just fine after its infinite cycle with an undying and phyrexian altar/ashnods desu
>>
>>51810911
anything wins when you have infinite mana and infinite creatures
>>
>>51810559
I'd probably go for some ungodly esper stax abominatuon that just locks the entire game, allowing no action except drawing, and then win with labman.

Or just build labman, stasis, monoblue commander and 97 islands.
>>
File: 1484956694844.jpg (65KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
1484956694844.jpg
65KB, 223x310px
>>51810935
I mean I guess....
>>
>>51810223
I'm looking now, but almost every combo seems to require ashnod's altar for a steady supply of mana, unless I'm missing a different card?
>>
>>51811062
Phyrexian Altar works too, if you have Doubling Season.
>>
>>51810595
He wants to play cheerios in commander
>>
>>51811163
He already can with Sram.

It doesnt work by the way. I tried.
>>
>>51806518
His argument is that Kalemne does nothing on her own merit, whilst needing a haster enabler to assist her.

Compared to other commanders who might be similarly costed but have a strong ETB effect or allow something crazy to happen before it can even go into the combat step.
>>
>>51806212
Girls, but BIG.
>>
>>51803414
Disappointment
>>
>>51806578
>artifact lands
>artifact ramp
>equipment
>artifact creatures
etc.
>>
>>51811396
>artifact lands
There's 3 in your colors, tops.

>Artifact ramp
>Equipment
Between those, probably no more than what, +5 power? And it's all vulnerable.
>>
>>51811396
I've played Akiri. I build around here. I play every single 0 drop artifact. I play trinkets. I don't play random efficient equipment like bonesplitter and equivalents up the latter admittedly. But still I play all cheap enablers. She STILL doesn't big enough to be anything special on average, and even if she does get bigger than a 7 or 8 something by turn 3 or 4 which is really not that special in commander, she has no built in evasion, no haste, no protection, and stuff that does give her that also boosts is more expensive making hard to play enough enablers to get her that big in the first place.
>>
>>51811416
>vulnerable

Isn't every card?
You trade vulnerability for speed, with whats her name.
>>
Is Gaea's Cradle an auto-include in green? That is, if you have the money to get one/already own one
>>
>>51811446
Artifacts are the second-easiest to destroy type in the game.
>>
File: training.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
training.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>51810816
Thrasios is good because in slower games because he provides a solid stream of resources. You never run out of card draw. In faster, more combo oriented games, he functions as a win condition, since he provides an outlet for infinite mana that can set up a Labman win.

Also, he's busted as fuck with Training Grounds.
>>
>>51811485
If your deck has 2 or more creatures in play consistently then it's probably a good include
>>
>>51803414
probably allied colors
>>
>>51803414
>Commander 2017 predictions

More Partner, and more underwhelming callbacks to famous characters
>>
>>51810559
Purphoros Goblins.
Easy.
>>
File: etbs.png (372KB, 669x311px) Image search: [Google]
etbs.png
372KB, 669x311px
>>51811062
infinite ETBs?
>>
>>51811559
Orzhov Basilica is not a basic land
>>
>>51811559
>"untap basic land"
>needs to be a bounce land or a land that produces two mana
Those don't exist.
>>
>>51811559
Do you know what a basic land is?
>>
>>51811559
Crypt Ghast makes that work with a basic swamp.
But you still need to weaponize your infinite ETBs/Deaths with another card.
>>
>>51811338
you're downplaying that her forte is the combat step as apposed to a strong ETB, which she will arguable do better than commanders that do have such effects.

Decks are built around their commanders. Saying kalemne is bad without a haste enabler is like saying sharuum is bad unless you have an artifact in your graveyard. You just wouldn't play them without it.
>>
File: 1483751142667.jpg (21KB, 640x361px) Image search: [Google]
1483751142667.jpg
21KB, 640x361px
>>51809368
>Elf
>not green

What kind of bullshit is this?
>>
>>51811559
>>51811585
>>51811597
>>51811609
>>51811623
I'm an invalid. Additional workable cards include caged sun, extraplanar lens, gauntlet of power, etc.

Overgrowth is infinite green mana
>>
>>51811626
Except she needs outside help to do anything the turn she lands, and she can be blocked, and if she eats a removal spell then she did nothing.

If I play an elesh Norn, she did something the moment she came down, even if I never untap with her. Kalemne doesn't do that.
>>
>>51811691
You're not getting it. Elesh Norn only does something if there are other creatures on the battlefield.
>>
>>51803414
Sup /edh/, I recently got into magic and am making my first deck. My playgroup is OK with me using Frankie Peanuts as my Commander, as well as using other Unhinged cards, as I am going Mono-White (Which I am told is weak).

What are some good/interesting cards to add to my deck?

As of now, I added every workable Un-card, and a couple of other cards that would probably have synergy with my commander.

Those are

Sitronic Resonator- Frankie two times in a turn.
Preacher- Steals a creature via frankie
Grand Abolisher - Stops shit
Silence- Stops shit
Ghostly Prison- Stops me from getting ganged up on
Storm Herd- not many unhinged creatures

The un-cards I added are as follows

Frankie Peanuts
Cheatyface
AWOL
Bosom Buddy
Cardpecker
Cheap Ass
City of Ass
Collector Protector
Emcee
Erase (Not the Urza's Legacy One)
Gleemax
Head to Head
Little Girl
Look at Me, I'm R&D
Man of Measure
Mana Screw
Mox Lotus
Pointy Finger of Doom
R&D's Secret Lair
Rod of Spanking
Save Life
Staying Power
Urza's Hot Tub
Wordmail
World-Bottling Kit
Ashnod's Coupon
Charm School
Giant Fan
I'm Rubber, You're Glue
Look at Me, I'm the DCI
Once more, with Feeling
Prismatic Wardrobe
Urza's Contact Lenses

What else should I add?
>>
>>51808591
You're adorable. What's with /tg/ going into overdrive with the being bad at Magic? Did we get featured on some news outlet?
>>
>>51811770
post it on tappedout, friend
>>
>>51808098
In any G/B deck try this with an Ob Nixilis, the Fallen out. Been meaning to build something to use both of them together.
>>
File: cromartie_high_school_shock.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
cromartie_high_school_shock.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>edh gen still up after work lately
>dont have to go digging for new threads
Glorious!

How goes deck construction boys?
>>
>>51811770
You may think un-cards are fun, but you soon will find out that they really aren't.
>>
>>51811770
You could easily make a Frankie peanuts deck with just mana rocks and maybe equipment/enchantments to protect it.
Ask an opponent if they will say yes to your next question, depending on their answer ask if they will concede or if they will continue playing the game.
>>
>>51811798
Not great. I've never built mono-green (Titania) so I really don't know what I'm doing/what cards and spicy tech to use
>>
>>51806212
>>51811361
You do realize the origin of that meme came from anon falsely prescribing a fetish to a deck's joke name?
>>
>>51811781
I don't have an account there. I just got into MTG.
>>51811805
They are.

>>51811826
Can't force concessions. You can force a yes in the same question by asking

"Is your response to the question 'Will you (do self-destructive thing)' the same as your answer to this question?

Eg, - Is your answer to the question "Will you attack me with only your 0/1 creature this turn" the same as your answer to this question?

I'd avoid using to much coercive logic though.

What do you mean by 'Mana Rocks'?
>>
File: 1412601535734.jpg (185KB, 1012x750px) Image search: [Google]
1412601535734.jpg
185KB, 1012x750px
>Order a deck earlier this week.
>Check on the shipping.
>Arriving Tuesday even though it's already in town today.
>"What the fuck? Is it Presidents Day or some shit "holiday" tomorrow?"
>It's Presidents Day tomorrow.
>>
>>51811873
Seeing pages like that from that always makes me feel sad.
>>
>>51811770
Holy fuck use tappedout.
>>
File: mind stone.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
mind stone.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>51811868
Mana rocks are artifacts that add mana, stuff like mind stone
>>
>>51811868
A mana rock is an artifact that taps for mana.
>>
>>51811843
That bitch that brings lands back from the Graveyard?

My friend runs her in his angry omnath deck to combo off with Nim Deathmantle, Ashnod's Altar, and Evolving Wilds.

Dunno if it helps though I'm sure you went down that path.
>>
File: Dirty Donations Done Dirt Cheap.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Dirty Donations Done Dirt Cheap.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>51811798
Ordered a handful of "helpful" cards for my Zed deck.
>>
How do I do Infect for multiplayer?

I know there's easy ways to make it work for 1v1 commander, but that shit's gay as fuck. I'm thinking either Rafiq or Mimeoplasm, would that be right?

Budget is limitless. I want to fuck over some specific people at my meta really fucking hard.
>>
>>51811868
Just go to tappedout.com and make one, it's pretty easy, and the deck builder is also pretty easy to use.
>>
>>51811882
what is it?
>>
>>51811936
It's a porn comic where the little girl gets raped, but it actually shows it fucks her up rather than sexualizing it.
>>
>>51811930
Mimeoplasm.
Have it enter in as a copy of Hydra Omnivore with the counters of, say, Death's Shadow.
Grant it Phyresis and Whispersilk Cloak.
Kill 'em all.
>>
>>51811930
Chandra's Ignition
>>
>>51811873
Maybe the holdup is due to radiation or something?
>>
>>51811930
Sure strike trident + any big pumped up infect creature
>>
>>51811708
Okay, fine. Literally any Commander with an ETB ability.
>>
>>51811669

Did you miss Lorwyn/Shadowmoor?
>>
>>51811798
Finished up Arjun eggs Storm. Building Breya to add to my artifact obsession.
>>
>>51812008
We just went through this: Sharuum etc.
>>
How ridiculously bad do you have to be to think Kalemne isn't absolute shit tier?
>>
>>51812119
That was never the argument. Nice straw-man though
>>
>>51812136
I'm just now joining, seems there's been some stupid focus on whether she does anything, particularly the turn she comes into play.

The answer to both of those is no.
>>
File: sleevers.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
sleevers.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>51810867
>alesha who smiles at slivers
wtf i love ally now
>>
File: haakon.jpg (27KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
haakon.jpg
27KB, 200x285px
>>51812119
Absolute shit tier is most Legends legendaries and pic related, Kalemne is just pretty meh.
>>
>>51812191
Hey, Haakon is technically playable now!
>>
>>51812191
At least Haakon can combo and win the game and is in a color that isn't fucking awful.
>>
>>51812164
Then reread the thread again. The argument for doing nothing the turn she comes in is worthless since it can be applied to commanders known to be able to 'do something' on entry. How one builds one's deck is a better way to gauge a commander's impact.
>>
>>51805306
>Blasphemous Act
>Repercussion on board
>>
>>51812200
With what cards? Only one I know of is command beacon.
>>
NEW THREAD HERE

>>51812226
>>51812226
>>51812226

NEW THREAD HERE
>>
>>51812245
that's it
>>
>>51810811
A gender reassignment surgery and an abnormally high rate of suicide.
>>
>>51812245
Command Beacon is the only one.

It's not at all consistent, but it's above the old spot of "Literally unplayable"
>>
>>51809305
>1-3
frog man
>4-6
angry omnath
7-9
grand arbiter
>0
trick the fuck out of gonti
>>
>>51812370
WELP THERE WE GO
>>
>>51812370
>>51812407
Adding spice or foiling out?
>>
>>51812505
just adding right now finally got a lot of spare cash
>>
File: 1483690276933.png (388KB, 468x459px) Image search: [Google]
1483690276933.png
388KB, 468x459px
Hello /edh/.

I just made a budget Jhoira FUN decklist. Anything else I should add or change?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-02-17-pandemonium/
>>
>>51813630
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-02-17-pandemonium/?cat=custom&sort=

Custom category mode.
>>
File: 1486052284447.jpg (9KB, 193x197px) Image search: [Google]
1486052284447.jpg
9KB, 193x197px
>>51812028
No. And atleast the few black elves made sense flavourwise. But elves in red? Never.
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.