[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 448
Thread images: 75

File: Rogal Dorn vs Sisters.png (726KB, 382x973px) Image search: [Google]
Rogal Dorn vs Sisters.png
726KB, 382x973px
Rolled 12 (1d26)

Flaming Silver Skull Ferrus edition
Terra-chan sub-edition

*Angry destroyer being shit noises* Topknot shipping, Ultrexit, pale nomads hate Corax, a really sweet Iron Hand with questionable taste in grenade position, even Chaos fans hate ADB (as well they should), Fenrisian wolfwood, tanktanktanks army list, cover saves and more >>51783070

>SOON TO BE OBSOLETE MAYBE, PRAISE BE TO SCANON REGARDLESS
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand+Sons.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space+Wolves.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan+Guard.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons+of+the+Emperor.pdf

>HHG
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed) (embed) (embed)
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed) (embed) (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed) (embed) (embed)
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed) (embed) (embed)
>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Make your unit entries
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA+Exploitable+v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
http://imgur.com/a/aBKJE
>>
File: Primarch_Sanguinius_Victorious.jpg (249KB, 481x1060px) Image search: [Google]
Primarch_Sanguinius_Victorious.jpg
249KB, 481x1060px
First for the Ninth!
>>
File: Jaghatai Khan.jpg (155KB, 730x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Jaghatai Khan.jpg
155KB, 730x1000px
>Dorn OP image
>first for BA
Traitors BTFO, again.
>>
File: Death Guard WIP Heresy (17).jpg (271KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Death Guard WIP Heresy (17).jpg
271KB, 720x540px
>>51793298
Angels burn just as well as the rest
>>
>>51793333
>4 quads of traitor slaying

On a fucking roll my brothers.
>>
>>51793351
Makes you wonder why they bother.
>>
>>51793374
maybe the emperor should try not being a cunt? Every think of that?
>>
>>51793284
I approve of this edition, and I want the rumours to be true. It'd be rad as fuck.
>>
>>51793344
That's some nice bubble gum shoulder pads you have here, heretic.
>>
>>51793393
He shouldn't have to not be, he is your rightful lord and master, as well as your only hope of survival, and you shouldn't go against him just because your precious feelings got hurt.
>>
Virtues of the Sons/Sins of the Father audiobook anyone?
>>
File: 1483527499882.png (502KB, 958x882px) Image search: [Google]
1483527499882.png
502KB, 958x882px
>>51793393
When the survival of Mankind is danger, the end justify the means.
>>
File: World eater.jpg (149KB, 1000x954px) Image search: [Google]
World eater.jpg
149KB, 1000x954px
>>51793437
>>51793461
I would rather suffer the end of Terra a thousand times. I would rather die in agony than accept assistance from you.
>>
Threadly question:

Seeing as we always hear about the same few tactics, /hhg/, what are your views on (viability or fair play, either or):

>Spartan deathstars
>Militia and Cults Cult Horde and Tainted Flesh Levy blobs.
>Custodes
>Allies, since I don't see many of them around.
>>
>>51793284

Where is this 'Legion of the Damned Ferrus' thing even coming from? It's not on any of the reliable or unrelaible rumourmongers.

Is it just another /tg/ thing that has as much chance of coming true as Reagan coming back form the dead to become Trump's replacement for Flynn?
>>
>>51793487
>>>>>world eater
Well that would explain it.
>>
>tiny-ass legion, does not stand out for scope of accomplishments
>mildly inconvenient for their enemies some of the time
>catastrophic for their allies all the time
>primarch is AWOL most of the time
>entire top brass after drop site massacre is marred by incompetence and disinterest
Are the Emperor's Children the worst Legion? They're like the Italy of the Traitor coalition's Axis.
>>
>>51793523
Well, the Word Bearers exist.
>>
>>51793537

The Word Bearers toppled the Emperor's dream and ripped Ultramar a new one. That's actually achieving a fair bit.
>>
>>51793523
Wait, were the EC still "tiny" by the time of the heresy? It sounded to me they had a Magnus-style situation that actually got fixed, but that they were alright once they'd found Fulgrim.
>>
>>51793571

They lost a lot of men at Isstvan. between III and V about a third of the Legion was wiped out. As I recall they were about 110,000 before Isstvan.
>>
>>51793523
>tiny-ass legion
>110 000 Marines
Space Wolves 72 200
Death Guarg 95 000
>>
My Legion is better than your Legion
My Primarch is better than your Primarch

Face it scrubs; your Legion is the worst of all
>>
>>51793637
Well I should just kill myself then.
>>
>>51793571
They started out as one of the smaller Legions, then their numbers grew by a lot after Fulgrim joined. Before Isstvan they were pretty close to the average Legion size, or maybe a little bit north of the average. They were probably the Traitor Legion that lost the most manpower at Isstvan, though. Almost half their marines, I think it was. This was because of their retarded purge selection (Fulgrim blacklisted a lot of guys simply because he disliked small things about them) and because of the incompetent leadership of commanders like Eidolon at Isstvan.
>>
>>51793637
I sense a cogboy
>>
>>51793490
I personally don't think custodes should be an army. but that ship has sailed into the sun already
>>
>>51793637
But Sanguinius isn't Primarch of the Imperial Fists, so you can't be certain both of those statements are true.
>>
>>51793637
>tfw black shields
>tfw no legion
>tfw no primarch

It's a [REDACTED] kind of feel.
>>
>>51793720

what flavor?
>>
File: Blackshields.png (9KB, 639x195px) Image search: [Google]
Blackshields.png
9KB, 639x195px
>>51793747
>>
>>51793684
I agree with you on that, but I think the one exception should be if the emperor is your HQ choice, then they can be taken as their own independent army
Just like in the fluff
>>
>>51793773

Shame.

I prefer Outlanders. Rad grenades for everyone!
>>
>>51793490
allies are kind of disgust me. Unless it's fluffy.
Spartan deathstars are because you need a hq, then you put more points on him, then he needs to be able to get into combat, and needs to ride with some hard fucks who together probably don't fit into a land raider phobos, so you buy a spartan.

Make rhinos assault vehicles, make land raiders transport 12, there would be less spartans and less profit for fw.
>>
>>51793876
I'm surprised people don't just take a 4-man command squad with their praetor in a LR phobos.
>>
File: sad.jpg (23KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
23KB, 385x385px
>>51793284
Read HH book one from mega, there is no page 79.
>>
>>51793773
Orphans of War don't seem too bad. Could spam Plasma support squads.
>>
So, since Inferno is out now, what would be the new Tier list?
>>
>>51793960
>magnus
>well played alpha legion
>everything else
>inferior RG alpha legion
>>
>>51793984
You forgot Custodes at the top
>>
>>51793984
>
>
>
>loyalist rampagers
>>
>>51793984
What does well played Alpha Legion consist of?
>>
>>51793992
Eh. They've got good vehicles, but everything is extremely expensive. If you roll 1's you're done.
>>
>>51793817

Only reason I picked Outlanders was for mass teleportation and because I play Carcharodons in 40k. The rules are extremely suitable to the army. Pretty much the only non-canon shit is xeno weaponry and rad grenades.
>>
>>51793505
In MoM when big e summons his deamon army Ferrus was up front and center. Would be cool if he was pulling the strings behind LotD.
>>
>>51793912
>hey sergeant what you wielding
>oh this, this is a solarite power gauntlet forged in the heart of the phalanx itself by dorn to show his undying love for his sons, what's that you're wielding
>this majestic thing is the Emperor's personal standard given to I, [6 million names later], to personally wield in battle, to show the villainous scum what they left behind then what awaits them, and to show our gallant sons why we fight in the name of the emperor when we shall all bleed rather than keel over and fall into debauchery like the Emperor's children. This standard is so heavy it requires a power fists to wield
>hey why don't you try a solarite power gauntlet then you would have the strength to wield another weapon
>nah nah neither Dorn nor the Emperor would want me disrespecting the command structure
>>
>>51794024
>hey sergeant what you wielding
>[6 million]

>blinks third eye irritably
>>
>>51794024
You fucked up anon, only ICs can take Power Gauntlets.
>>
File: 1471439617956.gif (282KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
1471439617956.gif
282KB, 400x296px
>>51793637
I have to say, I wish thise bullshit discussions woule just go away.

It's even sadder when you realise those starting these "debates" are always the ones that don't play, don't paint and are basically shitposters.
>>
I haven't touched any Horus Heresy stuff in a while. Are there rules for Thousand Sons yet?
>>
>>51793984
Still have yet to see this OP Magnus list people are bitching about.
>>
>>51794084

I haven't touched the OP in a while. Are there rules for Thousand Sons yet?
>>
>>51794004
>if you roll 1's you're done
Same goes for pretty much all armies to varying degrees Magnus included. But obviously it hurts custodes more
>>
>>51794095
Oh sorry, I missed that. Thank's m8
>>
>>51793637
How can one rebut such amazing and well-though arguments?
>>
>>51794056
Fuck, replace that but with Phoenix spears and death sycthes then
>>
>>51793487
I would gladly suffer the end of Terra a thousand times than be painted that badly.
>>
What the hell is difference between Solarite and Solerite gauntlet? A typo?
>>
>>51794229
Feel free to post your minis anon.
>>
>>51794255
Where?
>>
>>51793537
Calgar, you again?
>>
>>51793773
>>51793747
>>51793720
I've got a Beserkers blackshield force on backburner for when i complete my main armies. They get Fear, Fleet, Rage and -1 BS
>>
>>51794265
>only the best painter in the world can call art shitty
>>
File: IMG_1898.jpg (128KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1898.jpg
128KB, 720x540px
So this picture gets thrown around a lot and it's really well done, but does it actually fit with HH dark angels? I always figured they were more Teutonic Knights themed, but this is cool too.

Any pictures of armies or books showcasing Dangels in all their glory?
>>
>>51794344
So your shit aswell. No worries.
>>
>>51794344
>yfw the best painter in the world is a sobbing wreck because he thinks his own paintjobs aren't good enough
>>
>>51794362

That WE is so poorly painted it's not even worth proving you can paint better than that, because anyone can.
>>
>>51794382
yet no picture? why?
>>
>>51794389

I just explained it to you. Because it's literally not worth the effort. Why would anyone bother to upload anything to prove that they paint better than that? It's nothing to be proud of, because it's so easy to do.

This is like you demanding someone get up and do one push up just because you said so. Why the fuck bother? Even if you truly believe we can't do it, literally everyone else here knows we all can, so it's pointless. Just because you keep trying to claim we can't do it makes no difference.

Even typing this post is beginning to not be worth the effort.
>>
File: PeGM4lo.jpg (150KB, 876x872px) Image search: [Google]
PeGM4lo.jpg
150KB, 876x872px
>>51794345
These are mine, they are a snowflake force that were isolated from the rest of the dangels during the heresy and spent their time fucking up traitor shit with a knight errant in tow. I've got a bit of fluff written up, I'll find it and post it in a sec
>>
>>51794436
You were barely worth the effort on your dad's part from the sound of it.
>>
Have the Primarchs got stronger or weaker after being ascended into the Daemon Primarchs?
>>
>>51794436
Literally not worth the effort yet replies to me endlessly. You are a faggot and a shitposter who can't paint either. KYS
>>
>>51794443
A Dark Angels force aboard the battle barge the Spirit of Destiny, one of the biggest of its class among the First Legion fleet equipped for a protracted and violent campaign. They were part of a probing expedition, the 517th, into the southern reaches of the Segmentum Tempestus when the Heresy hit. Due to being on the other side of the Ruinstorm when they heard about the Heresy they missed out on Diamat, the Thramas Crusade and the Battle of Perditus and other major actions committed by the Dark Angels. Because this wasn't a covert operation and the force contained a not insignificant number of Astartes a delegation from Terra raced to ascertain their loyalty.
The meeting almost descended into bloodshed due to the fear of the humans at confronting potentially traitor Space Marines and the Dark Angels injured pride at being assumed less than exemplary, swords were drawn and guns were aimed until a lone Astartes armoured in raw ceramite war-plate was able to calm the situation. The mysterious warrior explained that the golden age of the Great Crusade had ended and the galaxy had entered a shadowy time where even Primarchs were to be held in suspicion. The expedition commander, Paladin Eilam Cephas, a capable, veteran warrior whose belief in the Crusade was indomitable, was stunned and outraged by the news and requested status on The Lion and the bulk of the Dark Angels forces.
>>
>>51794443
Good work, I'd love to see more.

>"Brother Clarence? You're shooting the wrong way again. Take off your fucking hood!."
>"shut up Craig I'm trying to look cool"
>>
>>51794536
When told that they were unaccounted for and possibly trapped behind impenetrable warp storms Cephas and his lieutenants volunteered themselves and their Space Marine forces in full service to the Imperium. The Knight Errant had anticipated such a reaction from the Dark Angels and had prepared a number of objectives for them, many being worlds brought to compliance by confirmed traitor legions in the galactic south-west. Among other targets were a number of worlds marked as dead or death worlds that were once home to advanced civilisations, whether human or xeno. The only condition of this was that the Knight Errant accompany the mission, while some of the Dark Angels command were reluctant about being spied on by a warrior who had yet to identify himself Paladin Cephas understood the nature of the command. Any further reservations were silenced, externally at least, by the Knight's statement that this wasn't a personal request but orders that came from an authority higher than any Astartes.
The Dark Angels declared these objectives to be a new Crusade and took to them with uncompromising pursuit, viewing the new Imperium in a very black and white manner. They quickly brought their wrath upon enemy commanders whether rebel soldiers, fallen planetary governors or traitorous Astartes. Their once shining vessel, a former beacon of humanity's power and right to rule the stars, was renamed to the Veil of Judgement and became a symbol of the Dark Angel's vengeance against those who would defy the Imperium.
>>
File: 20160416_032505096_iOS.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160416_032505096_iOS.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>51794345
Green shoulders are for Caliban recruits and newer armor marks as well, I know because those are mine, I should have done some checker patterns but I am hella lazy for that jazz.
>>
>>51794552
Due to the nature of the 517th fleet's mission into unknown territory a large contingent of Dreadwing warriors accompanied them, these savage and warmongering Astartes were eager to unleash their long forbidden weapons on those that betrayed the Imperium, none more so than the black robed destroyers under the command of Moritat Shaddai Ashkenaz who operated with what would previously have been censure worthy actions. Having been given permission to defy the Edict of Nikaea by the Knight Errant Epistolary Gwydion Kaelen reported headaches when in Shaddai's presence and his subordinates reported similar occurrences when fighting alongside his destroyers. Whether this is coincidence or something more sinister remains to be seen...

>>51794549
Literally my first model I'm afraid, I've only just moved into a job that gave me enough disposable income to properly start a 30k army.
>>
>>51794562
>I just realised Caliban DA look like they could be a Sons of Horus sub-formation

d e e p e s t l o r e
>>
>>51794562

Basically what >>51794628 said, they look great but I think the green is what makes it look off. Probably just the camera, but it's just bright enough to look SoH
>>
>>51794520
>>51794491

wew lad look at this mad ass samefag

I'm not even the person you were originally talking to, he's long gone apparently. I was just pointing out why you're retarded. Here, look, even this random DA fag paints better >>51794443

Why are you such a shit painter that you're challenging everyone who claims that shitty WE is bad? Did you paint it or something?
>>
>>51794267
Solarite -> IF
Solerite -> Custodians
>>
>>51794676
Calibanite green would work better imo
>>
File: I am not divine.png (42KB, 1220x347px) Image search: [Google]
I am not divine.png
42KB, 1220x347px
>>51793450
Audiobooks a shite, only full audio dramas are the good stuff.
Butcher's Nails was awesome. Russian Kharn, Angron was exactly as I imagined, even Lotara.
AND ARGEL TAL'S DdUuAaLl VvOoIiCcEeSs!

But I was never able to listen to the Fear to Tread audiobook.
The Narrator, Sanguinius, Horus and even the fucking aliens has the very same voice as the female astropath. As in, voiced by the same dude
>>
>>51793505
Age of Reagan confirmed
>>
>>51794006
>xeno weaponry
deathlocks are the worst gun in the game
>>
Was wondering if anyone else had done something similar to this picture

was looking to possibly do this for a praetor conversion using a custodes back piece in place of the standard back piece and would be using cataphractii arms

Also, any recommendations for making those kinds of cuts on a model?
>>
>>51794719
Fucking FW check your books for mistakes REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: I+demand+justice.jpg (74KB, 1333x900px) Image search: [Google]
I+demand+justice.jpg
74KB, 1333x900px
>>51794973
You'll need this
>>
>>51794693
Yeah its mine cunt. I didn't samefag. I have never seen a good painter shit on someone who's bad, that's why I said to post a pic, and he didn't because he's also shit. As most likely are you. But don't worry you cunt, I won't bother posting my shit in hhg again.
>>
>>51793490
Custodes as a full army list just seem too much to me, I'd have happily accepted them as an allies-only list where I feel they belong. Whenever they appear in the Heresy (barring the war in the webway) they are as a support force to a legion. There's only 10,000 of them in total and after Prosperous most of them fight beneath the palace rather than fight legions en masse.
Regarding rules they only have one downside which is their relatively low numbers, everything else is brilliant. Whoever decided to make their tanks flareshielded skimmers with machine spirits deserves an award for services to cheese. I think given the low cost of basic models we'll see quite a few custodes armies in the months to come and I think most normal legion lists will struggle without building specifically against them.
>>
File: ANGRON JENKINS!.png (1MB, 1406x932px) Image search: [Google]
ANGRON JENKINS!.png
1MB, 1406x932px
>>51793603
>They lost a lot of men at Isstvan. between III and V about a third of the Legion was wiped out
No, anon. It was way worse.
They lost about 50% of their strenght on Istvaan III alone.
Horus was fucking furious.
As it turns out, not only had they purged many loyalists from their own number, not only had they suffered unexpectedly high casualties after grossly underestimating their perfectionist-and-entrenched erstwhile brothers.
Fulgrim also sent down elements who would've supported the Warmaster's cause, but whom he judged were not worthy or perfect enough!
And he gave no shits about it! And he wasn't even there! Eidolon had to cover for him.

With Tarvitz' warning message, Garro's escape, Angron's descent blocking a second bombardment, a global storm blocking aerial support, and with loyalist EC tactical planners commanding unmoveable loyalist DG and nasty-as-hell loyalist WE Berzerkers in can't-shell-it-anymore Stalingrad, it was a fucking miracle how Horus managed Istvaan III.

You see, when the Dark gods want Horus to bleed the Imperium, when they want to explode Terra's Webway or when they absolutely won't let Guilliman die, you just can't really tell them "No".
>>
>>51793523
Nigger what the fuck are you talking about? The Emperors Children were on the best legions and better then ones like the Dark Angels or Salamanders.
>>
>>51795029
>I have never seen a good painter shit on someone who's bad
Turbo newfag detected.
Make sure you read the site's rules and familiarize yourself with the community before posting, also remember that samefagging (which means pretending you're two different anons in order to further your goals) is seen as rude and dishonest.

Other than that, have fun matey, welcome to 4chan, your new home!
>>
>>51795085
Stop being a pointless cunt, this isn't 40k general.
If you wanna shitpost or argue, start some fluff or rules banter.
>>
File: endryd haar.png (4MB, 1748x1195px) Image search: [Google]
endryd haar.png
4MB, 1748x1195px
>>51793999
Trips of awful truth.
That's what you've got to work with, Endryd. Sorry.
Also, happy welcoming party! :^)
>>
>>51795085
Just fucking kys and spare those around you.
>>
File: Ultra-fuckn'-crying.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Ultra-fuckn'-crying.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>51794273
Is Calgar our Carnac?
Marneus Carnac?
>>
File: IMG_4845.png (418KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4845.png
418KB, 640x1136px
>>51795029
>>
File: IMG_1718.png (935KB, 782x661px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1718.png
935KB, 782x661px
>>51795029
Hol up
>>
>>51795117
I would, but I'm getting tired of hearing some faggot autist screeching about how chainaxes are actually not free, or how a consul is not a centurion either.

Don't worry, some fag is going to give you the bait you so hungrily crave
:^)
>>
File: IMG_1583.png (2MB, 1608x741px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1583.png
2MB, 1608x741px
>>51795029
So you be sayin'
>>
>>51795151
>>51795164
posting old pics baka
>>
>>51795084
>better than the Salamanders

Let's not get carried away, anon.
>>
File: Happy Dredd.png (264KB, 600x387px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Dredd.png
264KB, 600x387px
>>51794443
Is he Monk Dredd?
>>
File: IMG_1546.png (605KB, 1060x722px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1546.png
605KB, 1060x722px
>>51795029
*sniffs literal carincogens
>>
Sicaran or 2 demolisher vindicators?
>>
File: IMG_9894.jpg (563KB, 2404x1260px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9894.jpg
563KB, 2404x1260px
>>51795029
That we can't be creative when we put our minds to it
>>
>>51795199
Sicaran
>>
>>51795069
I kinda like the ally thing, but I feel like they're okay right now. Anything short of shield spam is pretty tolerable, since once you do damage their whole army is fucked

>>51793490
>Allies
cool and can be really fluffy, but viability depends on the army. Daemons, for one, can be reeeealllly good.

>hordes/cults
They can do really well in any circumstances, but if your opponent brings phosphex, medusas, or vindicators, your shit is fucked.

>Custodes
Easy to beat, from the two games I've played. They look tough and are hard as fuck to kill, but if you keep your cool and focus fire on only a couple units, you can delete important parts of their force really fast. imo termimators aren't worth it, 3W heraton with shields and fists (5++ rerollable) are much more useful, and virtually unkillable aside form ID.

>Spartan deathstars
Almost never worth it. Sinking 700+ points into a squad that is literally incapable of making back its points is not worth it. They """can""" be good, but unless you have i primarch id skip on it.

Good for a distraction carnifex though, if you factor in the amount of wasted fire (depending on your opponent) they can become really worth it
>>
File: Istvaan V raven.png (1MB, 644x864px) Image search: [Google]
Istvaan V raven.png
1MB, 644x864px
>>51795084
>The Emperors Children were on the best legions
That's the thing, anon.
They WERE one of the best. Paragons of War.
But after Laer, they weren't anymore.
They are the ones who fell the hardest.
>>
>>51795178
Thanks my nig, I live for them (Yous).
Not really, I just prefer on topic cunting around to just swearing at each other like fuckwitted children
>>
>>51795029
>boo-hoo u guis hurt my feewings

Grow a thicker skin, faggot, this is not your tumblrina retard hugbox.

I for one appreciate if you go back to dakka and reddit and leave this place forever.
At least that way we'll never have to see your shitty models again.
>>
>>51795198
posting more tuts u saved just give up
>>
>>51795234
They certainly have one of the most irritating portrayals after the DZM.
An Emperor's Children force that actually fights with any form of competence or success after then appears to be rarer than a Space Wolf player without a hygiene problem.
>>
>>51795258
you're acting like it's AWG
>>
File: incredulous.gif (4MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
incredulous.gif
4MB, 400x224px
This is some serious autism.
>>
File: IMG_4277.jpg (90KB, 500x888px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4277.jpg
90KB, 500x888px
>>51795289
Owo what's this
>>
File: 1250059110430.png (1MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1250059110430.png
1MB, 3000x4000px
>>51795289
Certainly bitches the same though.

I don't know why people post shit and not get expected to be shat on.
>>
>>51795322
Probably a lurker, we've been reasonable to sub-par painters recently.
It's the age-old conundrum, if someone posts something not great, do you ignore it, give him advice or call his mother a whore and tell him to kill himself, you know? Decisions, decisions.
>>
>>51793284
Ya sneaky bastard.
You removed the discord link.
>HH Discord
https://discord.gg/wYS2J6b
>>
>>51795316
>Le edgy 'muh ancestors' overweight yiff-fag meem.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

KYS in the name of muh ancestors
>>
>>51795316
see the funny thing is that one of my nicknames is actually bear because when I was little, I had an ear infection so bad, that I was basically deaf. At one point, my dad yelled at me to respond to him, and all I did was grunt like a bear, and it stuck.
>>
>>51795365

No-one cares for that circlejerk nest of inoperable cancer.
>>
>>51795400
Don't tell lies on the internet.
>>
So I found this...
>>
>>51795360
Ignore if meme, since we all seen it before
Give advice if asked/wip
Tell it straight when it sucks for everything else
KYS when someone gets defensive about it.
>>
>>51795360
spot on, I won't post again.
>>
>>51795461
>>
>>51795469
You just picked a bad time of day I think, we went though a period of being nice after the last painting shitpost fest. Do what the anon above you said and ask for advice or admit it's shit when you post it and you get decent replies or conversation for a few posts.
that's what I do with mine, which are only tabletop at best
>>
>>51795428
swear on me mum

>>51795461
>>51795483
These are dope, I just wish I didn't need to get so close to my screen to read it.
>>
>>51794019
Wait, the Emperor can summon Daemons?

Star Child confirmed.
>>
>>51795572
During the fight at the end of MoM he swings his fire sword and sends out a sheet of (warp?)flame like a flamethrower, visible in the fire for a few seconds are images of dead Imperials, with blatantly Ferrus Manus at their head. They dissipate into smoke and heat haze.

Whether it was an actual ghost attack or just cool pyrotechnics is for (You) to decide.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIY-Z6Su7pQ

Ain't watched it yet but the 30K channel got the SW and TS players back to go through their Legion rules in Inferno and play a couple skirmishes, mite be good.
>>
>>51795888

Horus Heresy Weekender Seminars on Twitch when?
>>
>>51795517
>Wealthy, powerful business magnate and genius Hollis Russell is secretly a strange visitor from another world, adopted by a ruthless couple to become Warmaster, defender of might, vengeance and the Cthonic way
>Emissary and ambassador of the lost civilization of Chemos, the noble Pheonix Prince is disguised amongst the world of lesser mortals as doctor Phillip Grimm
>Dark and brooding billionaire recluse Conrad Kersey suffered a personal tragedy turning him into the brutal Night Haunter, terror of Nostramo City
>When industrialist Peter Tarbock inherited Olympian Industries under mysterious circumstances he created a powered suit of armor that saved his life and gave him his new identity, Iron Renegade
>Mutant orphan Magnus Dredden became a ward of an enigmatic organization, the monks of Prospero. Trained to become a master of magic in the eternal battle of Good vs. Evil, he has assumed the mantle of Sorceror Rex
>Professed reincarnation of an ancient Barbarus prince, Mort Aaronson discovered the mysterious spectral costume and arcane scythe that turned him into the crimefighter Death Guardian
>Diminutive physicist, athlete and martial artist Angelo Ronconi is the mystery man antihero Mister Furious, protector of the streets and savior of Nuceria's Kitchen
>A pastor in the small Colchis town of Vharadesh, Laurence Garth was accidentally possessed by a supernatural creature and imbued with super abilities. As the Preacher Man he begins to discover the truth about his exciting new powers
>Identical twin brothers Alfred and Omar Arrowsmith were born as a result of the secret Alpha Hydra government project to create the perfect soldier. Their powers are activated with physical contact and speaking the magic words Gemini Serpent
>>
>>51795622
Sounds like the same sort of hellfire unleashed by Flamers of Tzeentch. It seems more and more like The Emperor is actually Archaon.
>>
>>51796074
>Patriotic soldier Rob Williams, recipient of the "Primarch Serum" became the living gold, white and blue symbol of the 500 worlds, Captain Ultramar
>Medical student Xander Guiness discovered his divine heritage from the Ancient Priests of Baal and transformed into Saint Michael, the legendary avenging angel
>Roger Dorian was a wealthy aerial explorer that invented the unique Inwit-technology that allows him to punch crime where it hurts. Gauntlet Guy to the rescue!
>Once a streetwise circus orphan and now law enforcer, Lionel Johnson has adopted the guise of the acrobatic Angelwing to patrol the streets of Caliban
>Fenrisian loner Lemmy Ross is the best at what he does: letting his enemies taste the fanged fury and icy claws of the ferocious Frost Wolf
>A freak chemical accident gave police scientist Jack Ha-Tai superspeed abilities, which he now puts to use as Lightning Khan, the wind-scarred warrior
>Blessed with superstrong muscles to swim against the volcanic currents of the Lava Depths, lowly fisherman Valerian Cain is secretly the Salamander, lost prince of Nocturne
>Scientist Ferris McManus absorbed massive amounts of Graviton radiation during the experimental detonation of a secret weapon. Now, as the heroic Doc Metal, he can shapeshift into the physically imposing metallic behemoth, the Gorgos
>Mysterious vigilante Raven Man is the alter-ego of billionaire playboy Cornelius "Corey" Axelrod, as he watches over Deliverance from his secret hideout, the Ravenspire

There was a third one with various Xenos as the X-Men, but it's more /40kg/ than /hhg/
>>
If I were looking into getting into /30k/ as a space marine legion, what am I looking to spend to make an adequate force. (Adequate is probably an HQ, 2-3 Troops and maybe an Elite, Fast Attack or Heavy)
>>
>>51796368
A lot of money.

If you are questioning budget, you honestly should not get into this.
>>
>>51796368
BoC or BoP are good starting areas.

It's cheaper if you go china.
>>
>>51796467
>>51796368
This, China + BoP/BaC bring it into the realm of a typical 40k army.
>>
>>51796444
That seems silly, why?

>>51796467
That also seems silly, why?

>What is BoC
>What is BoP
>What is "Cheaper if you go China"
>>
>>51796501
£90 for Battle of Calth gets you Troops, HQ and Elite choices. You won't make the generally accepted points cost for a game.
For Fast and Heavy, even if you sub in accepted plastics instead of FW options, you're looking at a total of around £200.
And you'll lose all your games if you're buying with cost as your priority.
It's an expensive system.

China is using third party recasters based in China.
>>
>>51796540
&or Fast and Heavy, even if you sub in accepted plastics instead of FW options, you're looking at a total of around £200.
And you'll lose all your games if you're buying with cost as your priority.
>>
>>51794508
Is this a serious question?
>>
>>51796540
I'm finding infantry is workable depending on legion of choice. I lucked out playing RG, which is a very infantry heavy army, but still ended up paying a decent chunk for plastic-compatible heavy weapons and a few contemptor dreadnoughts.
>>
File: Raven Guard WIP (2).jpg (190KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
Raven Guard WIP (2).jpg
190KB, 540x720px
Ok last thread RG mexibro and I discussed the possibility of black wash with purple iridescent shining through, did a very quick and dirty test. photos shit but the purple does show through where the light hits it
>>
Is plastic Guilliman (40k) bigger than resin Guilliman (40k)? Or is it the other way? I mean models' sizewise.
>>
>>51796807

We won't know until Plastic Bobby G is released.
>>
File: 1472945739594.jpg (60KB, 414x446px) Image search: [Google]
1472945739594.jpg
60KB, 414x446px
>>51795483
>captain Ultramar
>>
>>51796894
>Hail Hydra
>>
Are Malcadors FW only?
>>
>>51796776
Mexibro here. I like how that is starting to look man, looking forward to seeing it complete.
>>
>>51796921
Yes
>>
File: Captain Planetfall.jpg (61KB, 709x585px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Planetfall.jpg
61KB, 709x585px
>>51796894
>>captain Ultramar
Captain Planetfall is better.
>>
>>51796944
Damn. So that's, what, $75 American bucks?
>>
Wasn't there some kind of 'light of Astronomican buring through the Warp and big E's flame angels fight against the Daemons' shit? I always thought that's the Legion of the Damned. It would be cool if Iron Man w/o head is the one of them.
>>
>>51797022
just find a chinaman
>>
How's chinaman's customer service? FW's QA is a shit, it at least they have decent customer service.
>>
>>51797124
Depends on which one. Typically 50/50 shot of anything actually getting fixed.
>>
>>51795888
Thanks I actually enjoyed that.
>>
File: 1413850989288.jpg (84KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
1413850989288.jpg
84KB, 1058x705px
>>51795483
>Corax is basically the goddamn batman.

>I'mokwithwiththis
>>
>>51795888
Man I really like that Yiffs player. He seems so upbeat about everything, where-as I've only seen other SW fans complaining hardcore. Also those fucking armies.
>>
>>51793490

>Spartan deathstars
>Militia and Cults Cult Horde and Tainted Flesh Levy blobs.
Cool, but not SA cool. its a bit of a pain for my mechanicum that they're better then melee adsecs.
>Custodes
I'm not a big fan of them as an army - neat for all my loyalist conversion needs like their dread having excellent legs to go with a EC dread body with suzerain head for //maximum eagle//
>Allies, since I don't see many of them around.
I feel like allying between legions is kind of unneccesary but sometimes fluffy (and kinda lame in the "all my vehicles are an iron hand allied detatchment because :^)" but never seen anyone do that. allied with the squishy humans seem fun as does allying with beep boops. on the other hand the legion list is flexible enough to take any job and do it well imo so its less neccesary or WAAC and more of a fun thing.
>>
>>51795461
>posting stale meme pics

Go away and come back when you actually have something to contribute.
>>
>>51794583
Ashkenaz
they know GOY, SHUT IT DOWNN!!
>>
Just bought a proteus for my Thousand Sons

Now what do I put in it?
>>
>>51797605
your dick

Preferably a high value unit with short-range shooting. Plasmagun support squad, combi-weapon veterans, dudes with flamers ... that sortta thing.
>>
>>51797633
Ive got a 10 man plasmagun unit that will fit the bill nicely
>>
>>51797605
A rotor cannon tactical support squad with asphyx shells because someone has to try it..
>>
File: NothingWrong.gif (2MB, 619x619px) Image search: [Google]
NothingWrong.gif
2MB, 619x619px
>My friend has painted up Russ and is fielding him next weekend
Magnus when?
>>
>>51797963

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/magnus-the-red

:^)
>>
>>51797963

May at the Coventry event.

I'm making a big order for him and some of his Tson buddies then.
>>
>>51797995
Chaos Magnus rules when? ;^)

>>51797999
>May at the Coventry event.
Is there any information about the other models/upgrade-kits being released with him?
>>
Forge Lord with rad nades or biomancy/divination Libby in a 20 man Immortal unit while running company of bitter iron?
>>
Obligatory "whats on your work table" post.

The camera is adding a bit of a grain. Its from a phone and the digital zoom is unforgiving.

Now I'm working on a Sentinel bodyguard. I'm using the black Warder scheme but with gold instead of gunmetal.
>>
Why would BL authors... especially ADB hate Emprah so much?
>>
>>51798192
I thought you can't use spear and shield together since the spear is two handed weapon
>>
>>51798193

ADB has Daddy issues up the arse.
>>
>>51797692
Are rotor cannons finally worth it now that theyre a free upgrade and I can give them shred?
>>
>>51798223

Not really. I want to get Rotor cannons for the fluff, not because they'll ever be any good.
>>
>>51798193
Shock factor. These authors arent good enough to peddle their own book series so their underlying resentment causes them to try and subvert the themes of the setting to get 'noticed'.

This is why every book is a one-upmanship shitshow these dyas.
>>
>>51798216
Spear is a specialist weapon now.

The shield does stop the guardian spear bonus.

But this is going to be a Shield Cap with a Paragon Spear.
>>
>>51798219
Does anyone have anything nice to say about ADB?

I man I understand that every author has haters, but usually some works get praise as well. I just have never seen anyone praise ADB for anything.
>>
>>51798223
Sorta but not really. I mean you'll be fielding the best rotor cannon squad in the game however they're still rotor cannons.

Can TSons make their support squads Brotherhood of pskers cause a lucky div roll would be strong?
>>
>>51798223
Yes, actually they are. The being free and getting shred is great

For 125 points with Corvidae you'd kill about 2-3 marines at 30", vs the same points in tacs at 12" would kill 2-3. For 200 points you'd get 40 shots at 30" killing about 6 marines. Where as if you didn't have shred it'd be about 3 or 4. Not bad, considering they're also scoring.

Now compare that to 195 points of 7 heavy bolters. That's 3-4 dead marines with Corvidae.

205 points of calivers is 9. They kill in total after delfag 5 or 6 marines. Also scoring and slightly better AP, but are heavy instead of savlo. On the move at half range the shredding rotors would kill about 4 marines.
>>
>>51798242
>lucky div roll would be strong?
Choose the Corvidae Cult as their base LA rule, they can reroll ones to hit all game.
>>
>>51798192
work on your OSL a little
the gem needs to be brighter as the current tone is too even
>>
>>51798192
Looks pretty good. Needs some detail on the Bolter and I'm not sold on the gem.
>>
>>51798235
I think ADB is a good author. I like his writing. Bit I don't really get why he hates big E so much.
>>
>>51798235
ADB should never be allowed to write for anything loyalist. Books by him like Betrayer read a lot better, but when he writes about loyal forces his chaos biase is really jarring.
>>
File: Raven Guard WIP (4).jpg (210KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Raven Guard WIP (4).jpg
210KB, 720x540px
>>51796930
ok bro hope your still around, hows this?
>>
>>51798257
>they can reroll ones to hit all game.
Thats if they dont move right? Still solid. I just dont know their rules yet, so can they be upgrades to BoP?
>>
RG player here, I'm considering running recon company as one of my possible list options, and it's the one that's giving me the hardest time figuring out what to do with my heavy support slots. Anti-tank is fairly well taken care of with speeders and infiltrating/outflanking veterans, so mostly I'm trying to figure out of there is anything worth taking in the slots.

things so far considered: Rotor cannon HWS (because salvo/outflank). Fire Raptor is out purely because of logistics, I already pack 2 storm eagles so adding a third flier would make transporting stuff unwieldy with the amount of padding the FW flyers need.
>>
>>51798325
>salvo/outflank
whats the interaction here
you still count as moving when outflanking so theres no benefit
rotor cannons are shit, if you want anti-infantry take flamers or volkite chargers
>>
>>51798342
meaning no loss of BS, but I guess snap shotting for a turn doesn't hurt a HWS too badly.

My problem with most of the other available options is they'll start on my board edge well outside combat range in 2/3 of scenarios.
>>
>>51798362
rotor cannons are troops choices for the tactical support squads anyways
if you want to take heavy weapons squads just infiltrate them
>>
>>51798287
Problem is that the Emperor was always written as an autistic fuck that somehow didn't know what he was doing despite living for 40,000 years. I'd say his assholeishness was warranted to bring Terra out of Old Night, but after that he should've gone full Interex.

Imagine the might of the Imperium with a WISE immortal leader who knew how to deal with Chaos and wasn't a retard.
>>
>>51798382
Recon Company RoW forbids Heavy Support options from deployment, they MUST be reserved. Thus the dilemma on what to do with the slots because it seems a shame to leave them unused.
>>
>>51798404
Take predators.

Predators like coming to locations as needed
>>
>>51798404
ohhh, i thought that was only tanks, my bad.
heavy flamer support squad would do you pretty well, would probably pack them into rhinos
sky slayer squads are another option for some heavy weapons, volkite on them would be a pretty good option
>>
>>51798404
Flyers? They pretty much have to come from reserve anyway.
>>
>>51798504
see >>51798325
already using stormeagles/darkwings to deliver bodies to objectives, more than 2 fliers is impractical to transport.

>>51798419
>>51798439
I'm actually considering Sicaran or S Venator simply because the fast nature means that even if it's off the board for a turn it can still get where it needs to go. (I honestly forgot they were fast, the guys who use them at the FLGS just sit them behind cover all the time)
>>
>>51798532
Venators are hilarious fun outflanking, shooting big things in the ass never gets old and they are fairly cheap
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (75KB, 808x688px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
75KB, 808x688px
>tfw cant decide between getting a Sicaran or two executioners
>>
Can't decide between Knight or Typhon for LoW choich. Any suggestion?
>>
>>51798616
Knight if you are a faggot who needs to combat custodes.

Typhon if you are a faggot who needs to kill everything else
>>
>>51798616
Get a lancer and only bring it to kill other knights
>>
File: image.jpg (953KB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
953KB, 1936x2592px
>>51796776
Why not just use purple wash on the metallics, and pink-purple lenses?
>>
So why are Destroyers shit? I think they're kind of cool looking, at least. Are they just useless on tabletop or overcosted or what?
>>
>>51798665
too expensive, not enough punch
>>
>>51798665
>overcosted or what?
Extremely.
>>
>>51798680

Crap. Do you think FW is going to fix them?

>>51798676

What are they even supposed to do? Nuke infantry?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
3 hours of basecoats and I'm still not done.
>>
>>51794957
I could see it working, cataphractii shoulder wihout the regular back may be a bit high

Anyone else got thoughts on this because it's kinda cool
>>
File: 99590101176_Caestusassaultram04.jpg (24KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99590101176_Caestusassaultram04.jpg
24KB, 600x620px
Me and a friend are having an argument.

Can Angron ride in a Caestus Assault Ram.
>>
>>51798754
Why not?
>>
>>51798754
yes, but he takes up three slot due to being bulky
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-19-00-30-43.png (566KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-19-00-30-43.png
566KB, 1280x720px
>>51798756
>>
>>51798766
>bulky
Very bulky, my bad
>>
>>51798775
don't fat shame primarchs, they're self conscious
>>
So Inferno was finally released and it looks like I can finally play my witchfire spamming TSons as they were meant to be played. Am I correct in that assessment?

Amon(Using my old Ahriman model) leading a telepathy/Athanean force spamming psychic shriek seems like an actual possibility?

I'm also super interested in the psychic Castellax but I'm unclear on how they special rule works with witchfires and being in combat? Does it mean marines in combat can still harness a witchfire and shoot it from the Castellax during an assault? Because I can only get so erect.

Also I'm a total 30k pleb and havent played 40k since 5th, where the fuck do I go to read about all this stuff so I dont have to bother you with guys every time I have a question?
>>
>>51798754
>>51798756
>>51798766
>>51798775
This has been FAQ'd, it very specifically lists the armors that are allowed to be transported and special named primach armour aint on that list.
>>
>>51798779
>fat shaming
Oh boy, another mental issue to add to the bucket
>>
File: FailGron.jpg (8KB, 286x60px) Image search: [Google]
FailGron.jpg
8KB, 286x60px
>>51798754
as long as he is wearing the required armor type, or an armor that explicitly counts as one of the required types.

after double checking my legions book, he is not in any of the required types, and so may not ride in a caestus
>>
>>51794583
Good fluff
>>
>>51798790
>Amon(Using my old Ahriman model) leading a telepathy/Athanean force spamming psychic shriek seems like an actual possibility?
You could run it. 3+ means that two dice are enough for Shriek so you can spam it easily. Just be sure to get some anti-vehicle on side.
>Also I'm a total 30k pleb and havent played 40k since 5th, where the fuck do I go to read about all this stuff so I dont have to bother you with guys every time I have a question?
1d4chan
>>
>>51798818
>>51798795
>people accept FW's retardation

Why would he not be able to ride in a Caestus?
>>
File: IMG_20170219_012511.jpg (210KB, 1089x484px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170219_012511.jpg
210KB, 1089x484px
>>51798754
>>51798771
>>51798795

This was the part we're having some questions about.

>>51798818 this was my understanding of the rules.

Am I wrong
>>
>>51798690
>Crap. Do you think FW is going to fix them?
They had a chance to with the 2E of LACAL but didn't. I honestly doubt they ever will. Maybe in another 3 years.

They're supposed to be for killing anythign with a toughness value. AP3 blast Rad missiles with fleshbane and radphage drop the toughness of MCs. Phosphex bombs melt things at AP2. Then you charge in with rad grenades and beat stuff to death. A T6 MC, like vorax, would be toughness 4 that first round. Or you could just kill marines with all the low AP blasts.

But they are so fucking expensive. 150 for 5 guys in power armor before upgrades is insane. 75 points for packs is insane. The upgrades themselves are fine. But that initial cost hurdle is ridiculous. They should be priced like tac vets and the packs cost dropped by at least 25 points.
>>
>>51798842

>Wishlisting and not getting what I want means the rules writer was a retard

>>51798843
no, if it's not the specific types mentioned or types that define themselves as "is a type of Y armor with X in addition to normal rules"

for example gulliman's armor of reason explicitly calls out that it is artificer armor, as does corax's. Angron's makes no such callout
>>
>>51798887
I don't play World Eaters or even Marines. I have no stake in the rule, but it's retarded.

Would anyone actually be able to stop Angron from getting in a Caestus?
>>
>>51798902
Yes, the pilot because he carries power armour, artificer armour and terminator armour.

Pay attention.
>>
>>51798841
>3+ means that two dice are enough for Shriek so you can spam it easily.
Was my first thought when I read the rules.

>Just be sure to get some anti-vehicle on side.
Yeah will do. I know the answer will be store/meta dependent but how popular are armoured lists in 30k?

>1d4chan
Actually though? I know I shouldn't ask a question, then question the answer given, but 1d4chan never had the best reputation for accuracy in my day.
>>
>>51798923

Now all I can think of is all the Caestus Pilots in the XII Legion suffering critical life failure for telling Angron he can't fly in their Caestus.
>>
>>51798931
Fine, dead pilot means that Angron's not getting carried in the Caestus.

Debate over.
>>
>>51798937

The Chainaxe, solution to so many of life's problems.
>>
>>51798923
>pilot will risk being murdered because he won't let the primarch in

ok

He's in a functional equivalent to power armor.

Why wouldn't it:

1. work immediately

2. be possible to jury-rig

3. slide on rule of cool

?
>>
>>51798887
>for example gulliman's armor of reason explicitly calls out that it is artificer armor, as does corax's. Angron's makes no such callout
>Welcome about Girly-I mean Guilliman
>Whoa hold up there Angry Ron, what type of armor is that? Cant you read the sign? Fuck off
Absolutely no one would stop anyone from putting Angron in a Ram. It is 100%, without the shadow of a doubt, an oversight. Anyone who would stop it is not worth your time.
>>
What are people's thoughts on a Frost Claw/Paragon Blade Praetor? It's 20 points for the Claw, and it gives him an extra attack as well as the option of S5 Shred when he isn't fighting 2+ saves.
>>
>>51798945
angron is too fired up to get in the caestus
>>
>>51798704
It's a bad day when you dislike the Fists as a legion, but you love their colour scheme. If I were to start a loyalist legion, it'd be Fists or Sallies.
>>
>>51798944
It isn't a power armour
If it is jury rigged, it won't be a standard Caestus
rule of cool is not a rule in the rulebook, thus has no relevance

>>51798945
And the oversight is very clear in the issue. Angron can't ride the Caestus, now get in the Spartan like everyone else.
>>
File: 1335501188833.jpg (108KB, 523x325px) Image search: [Google]
1335501188833.jpg
108KB, 523x325px
>>51798945
I'm talking specific RAW, if people choose to houserule it or not is a different issue they should

>>51798956
>40keks
>>
File: rpc.jpg (67KB, 721x468px) Image search: [Google]
rpc.jpg
67KB, 721x468px
>>51798937
>Angron is now piloting the Caestus
Do you not see what horrors your RAW has wrought?
>>
>>51798993
Angron does not have a transport option in the rules like Dorn or Perturabo. He cannot ride the Caestus.
>>
>>51798930
You'll find that there are usually a lot of people doing either infantry spam or mechanized infantry style armies with acceptable amounts of tanks in support. It all boils down to your local meta and what you personally will be dealing with.
>>
>>51799001
I hope this is a troll and you don't actually play like this.
>>
>>51793284
Anyone have any of the Inferno fluff?

I know some anon was graciously taking phone pics of the Ordo Sinister, dunno if he grabbed anything else too.
>>
>>51798945
>anyone who plays by the rules is not worth your time?
look house rules with beerhammer is cool but at events and such just suck it up, you know? like an adult?
>>
>>51799009
I play as the rules dictate. Rules exist to be followed.

I would wish that Russ didn't have his bullshit armour. I wish Magnus wasn't so OP, but the rules exist. If you do not like the rules, you can choose to play another game where you find the rules more agreeable.
>>
>>51798989
>And the oversight is very clear in the issue. Angron can't ride the Caestus, now get in the Spartan like everyone else.
>Things you are unable to stop
Hes going in the ram. Deep inside. And when it's reached its destination. The Ram will disgorge its steamy contents directly into your backline. And I will come up behind you and whisper in your ear, so close you can feel my breath:

"It is well done."
>>
File: 6RYXEK8BMDRI1408065405824fh.jpg (1MB, 1966x1280px) Image search: [Google]
6RYXEK8BMDRI1408065405824fh.jpg
1MB, 1966x1280px
>>51799028
amen
>>
>>51799032
Then the game will be forfeited due to cheating.
>>
Dont feed the troll. Just hide and move on.
>>
>>51799028
Rules exist to provide a framework for a game where you and your friends have fun.

If it were basically any other wargame, your statement and mine would rarely come into conflict.

But this is Warhammer, famed for its shit rules and for the variety of fan attempts to rebalance them.

You and your mates can nerf Magnus if you want, and let Angron ride in a Caestus. There's no Rules Police that are going to come nab you for it.

Have fun, don't suffer with poor writing.

>>51799056
Sorry.
>>
>>51799072
>Have fun, don't suffer with poor writing.
I would have fun if people didn't cheat.
Follow the rules.
You chose to suffer the poor writing by getting into the game. Suffer the rules.
>>
>>51799025
>suck up an oversight because y'know man, it's the rules. Just because someone wants to be a dick about it just suck it up? Like a good sub-I mean adult?
Anyone who can't move past one of the most painfully obvious oversights and is being an obstinate dick about it isn't worth playing. I don't exist to suffer like >>51799028 and >>51799111
does. This isn't magic the gathering. It's warhammer where there's a rule about not following the rules.

>inb4 I can play by the rules, they were meant to be followed!
Yeah? So can I. No what else I can do? Have the self confidence to talk to an opponent and have a reasonable discussion that in most cases will last about 10 seconds. And if they're an ass I also can bid them farewell.

Man if only you people did this shit in public. I would love so be a fly on that wall.
>>
Remember kids, you can solve basically any rules dispute with this one simple technique

Dont act autistic about little toy soldiers

Is it really that hard?
>>
>>51799128
>Have the self confidence to talk to an opponent and have a reasonable discussion that in most cases will last about 10 seconds.
Reasonable discussion would be the 10 second agreement to follow the rules.

Follow the rules. First version of Age of Sigmar is available if rules do not want to be followed.
>>
File: 1486604415864.jpg (19KB, 423x87px) Image search: [Google]
1486604415864.jpg
19KB, 423x87px
>>51799138
It's too hard for /tg/. They wouldn't do this in public. They'll do it here to troll though. Or even worse, they aren't trolling because this is the only place anyone will talk to them. Imagine living in that hell?
>>
File: youmad.jpg (47KB, 319x243px) Image search: [Google]
youmad.jpg
47KB, 319x243px
>>51799128
haha mate I play in a very active 30k community and attend a shitload of events in a capital city. You are the odd one out shitbird, everyone plays by the rules and cheating and rule bending to your person headcannon is pretty much frowned on. Adults can accept the odd rule that doesn't allow us to be special snowflakes, Nice try though.
>>
>>51799138
There is no dispute. Rules are very clear that Angron can't ride the Caestus.
>>
>>51799028
>I play as the rules dictate. Rules exist to be followed.
The rules also tell us to roll off when we disagree.

So Angron gets in the Caestus 50% of the time.
>>
>>51799111
Are you an IW or IF player?
>>
>>51799183
There's is nothing to disagree. There are no text classifying Angron's armour as Terminator, Artificer, or Power Armour. He can't ride the Caestus just like how recon marines in scout armour can't.

You are just a cheater and doesn't have the balls, brains, or the eyes to follow along the rules. You are an embarrassment.
>>
>>51799193
no
>>
>>51799164
>>51799171
Ok, ok, ok you guys follow RAW... ok

Riddle me this:
Feel No Pain is a special rule, like sniper. It activates when a certain event/trigger goes off which is suffering a wound. It is not a save, nor does have priority over other special rules that may happen at the same time from the same event/trigger.

Signs and Portents is a special rule, like Feel No Pain. It's trigger is suffering a wound from perils. It says to resolve "immediately".

Now, normally a player can choose the order if there's a conflict due to the either rule not having a timing clause.

Does Signs get resolved first? Or do you put the rule that must be resolved "immediately" on hold to avoid the pinning test and see if the retroactive nature of Feel No Pain discounts the wound first?

Trying to use FnP first seems like cheating then yes?
>>
>>51799223
spanked on one argument and immediately moves to a new one that is from a brand new book that hasn't been FAQ'd yet, fuck right off cunt.
>>
>>51799245
oooh, its an australian
that would explain the high-tier shitposting
>>
>>51799245
Question, can you point to me where the Caestus thing was faq'd?
>>
How well GW plastic knights (aka the short legs) fare compared to other LoW? Disappointing? I prefer them because they look cooler than FW long legs, but not sure about their performance.
>>
File: this-bait-was-not-meant-for-you.jpg (101KB, 638x263px) Image search: [Google]
this-bait-was-not-meant-for-you.jpg
101KB, 638x263px
>>51799245
>>
>>51799223
Signs would trigger since the wound is suffered which triggers the FNP.

Peril -> Causes wound with no saves to prevent said wound :meets criteria for Signs and FNP.

It wouldn't matter which rolls are done first, but both rules would trigger.
>>
>>51799270
How do you find FAQ in GW stuff in the first place anyway? The entire site is just a store front.
>>
>>51798818
>>51798843
Reading this now, would primarchs with artificer armour like gilliman count as two models while primarchs with terminator armour like horus count as one because the rules state "later"?
>>
>>51799296
tell that to tg and the BnC.
>>
sorry if someone calling you out on being a cunt rough, maybe you could house rule it away because it feels unfair?
>>
>>51799316
Well, I just told tg now.

I don't have a log in to BnC and I don't want to make one. Apparently Wolves are causing a shit storm there
>>
>>51799313
I think all primarchs are very bulky, so the exception doesn't apply to them
>>
>>51799313
Primarchs are VERY Bulky instead of Bulky so the armour status wouldn't matter for that.
>>
>>51799316
>>51799331
When it comes to rules and BnC it's mostly posts by people not reading the previous posts, citing rule incorrectly, and/or casually being blatantly wrong about rules.

Then it's usually 2 or 3 people who actually read the rule book at least once dancing around tangent points.

You should have seen the Signs thread. It hit all the above points like a blacked out bingo card. Yet no one mentioned how Feel No Pain was a special rule just like Signs. I'm not going to interject on that just to spawn 3 more pages of people not know what they're doing.
>>
show me your Destroyers pls
>>
>>51799412
So did it come to some kind of majority consensus with shitposters mixed in?

Only part of Inferno that I'm incredibly confused on is the Osiron dreadnought upgrade working on a single dreadnought in a multi dreadnought talon.
>>
File: 1408469229557.png (169KB, 330x327px) Image search: [Google]
1408469229557.png
169KB, 330x327px
>>51799313

>>51799334
>>51799343
Are both correct, primarchs take 3 slots regardless if they have the correct armor type.

though, all of this makes me wonder what earthly reason you would have for putting your primarch in a str 10 ap 2 deathtrap waiting to happen.
>>
>>51799464
because your primarch would shrug off that hit, land superhero style, on a knee and a fist, and then punch the fuck out of the nearest squad
>>
>>51799464
>gotta go fast

Honestly the ram is very serviceable at it's job. It just doesn't have the glamour of other transports because it's somehow more one shot than drop pods.
>>
>>51799483
I'm not just referring to the hit itself, but the fact that a flyer means a turn 3 charge at best. seems like a waste when you can get turn 2 off a dreadclaw or kharybdis.
>>
>>51799464
>primarchs take 3 slots regardless
*Primarchs other than Fulgrim, Dorn, Russ, Curze, Angron, Guilliman, Lorgar, Corax, Alpharius
>>
>>51799529
Are they not Very Bulky?

>>51799499
You can immediately assault out of the Caestus though since those pods won't let people assault after deep striking out.
>>
>>51799529
remember it says ignores bulky, very bulky is a different USR (kind of dumb but it is what it is) and it also only ignores bulky specifically for terminator armor, meaning even the bulky primarchs still take 2 slots.

DESU misericord is a badly worded rule that has a clear intended purpose but involves far too many possible edge cases, and should probably be looked at for a rewrite next edition of the LA:AODAL
>>
I'm amusing myself with an idea about TS which basically makes a Heavy Support multimelta squad with a rhino a flanking unit with Dustman's warlord trait. It would be a relatively cheap anti-armor unit that can just shit on an artillery squadron on the turn it arrives, it will definitely make its points back if it arrives in the best position, and its monetarily affordable.

Good idea? Yes/no?
>>
>>51799617
can you make them relentless? MMs are heavy and will snap shot even when fired by a passenger of a vehicle, reducing probabiliy of success significantly. might as well use normal meltavets with machine destroyer.
>>
>>51799617
how do you expect to not be hitting on 6's when you arrive, dummy?
>>
>>51799617
Seems ok.

Honestly anything is good with Amon's ability provided you time things correctly. I'm bit of a bigger fan for something faster or longer ranged in theory due to the fact that my opponent could be savvy and prepare for what's coming.
>>
>>51799560
you can NEVER assault the turn you arrive from reserves under any circumstances. the Dreadclaw and Kharybdis are both flyers that have the DPA rule, allowing them to arrive on turn one in the same manner as a normal drop pod but without the immediate disembarkation requirement. that AV gives you at least some protection from a turn's worth of shooting (and the thing can jink)
>>
>>51799642
>>51799643

Valid points. Too much effort to make it work, unfortunately.
>>
File: 20170219_113941.jpg (546KB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
20170219_113941.jpg
546KB, 1306x980px
>>51798192
Haven't put these guys away just yet
>>
Which book gives techmarine servo-automata the ability to take rad missile launchers?
>>
>>51798235
His writing style is god-tier. His plots can be questionable at times.
>>
>>51798704
THICC
>>
>>51795029
I'm sorry to say it anon, but your model is badly painted. I gave you tons of advice on how to do it better.

There's no point in getting buttblasted if your model is shit. Everyone will criticise you and you'll just get more defensive. Accept that you paint like shut for now, and get better by painting more and taking our advice into account. Everyone starts somewhere.

And I can assure you, good painters can and will be rude to someone who's defensive about a shit model. There's a line not to cross if you don't want to be seen as a petulant child, and you crossed it wayyy back, even if the other anon was indeed a shitposter and did not paint at all.
>>
>>51799969
Age of Darkness armylist
>>
File: Umbra Sumus.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Umbra Sumus.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51798235
As others said, he writes really well. Imo he's the one that can make 40k feel the best, to give its awesome factor in the best way.

HOWEVER I have trouble with what he writes. Recirring themes like waifus, daddy issues, chaos boner, samey main SM characters, at some point you start to realise they really feel the same, and when Argel Tal, Khayon, Grimaldus, Talos and Hyperion feel the same, there's a wee bit of a problem.

Ragnar Blackmane was a welcome breath of air recently, having none of that but still sticking close to his fuckawesome writing.

He just finished writing Black Legion btw, I guess it will go out for the Chaos triumvirate box.

It seems he's taken a liking to the Emperor's Spears, and wishes to write something about them. He also said in twitter Brothers of the Snake was his favorite book about an unknown chapter, which makes me fear a Special Snowflakes chapter like Abnett's.
At least pdf related was codex compliant and was not different for the sake of being different. A very good book.
>>
>>51793344
Looks amazing!
>>
So Amon's unique warlord trait seems interesting. Outflanking with guaranteed arrival on the turn you want. What would the best use be however? Outflanking means no assault which leaves me scratching my head.
>>
>>51800181
something shooty that needs to be untouched
plasma support squad, heavy flamer HS squad, unit of machinekiller vets with combis, plenty of options really
>>
>>51794345
I'm actually planning on using that DA captain for a different legion as a Terran veteran sergeant. Replace the sword, cut down on the DA symbols, use the wing motifs as aquila wings, and put some thunderbolts on him.
>>
>>51798771
Does that mean models in scout armour, runic armour, pariah armour, etc. can ride in it? What about void hardened power armour?
>>
Why do people in the TSons get promoted on how big their psychic wangs are rather than ability at leadership and tactics?

Is Magnus racist against muggles?
>>
>>51800181
Osiron dreadnaught talon perhaps. Get em close to where you want them with out the transport tax.
>>
>>51800392
>Leader has to have the greatest leadership, not Mastery Level

???
>>
File: LG original aim of BL.png (26KB, 554x249px) Image search: [Google]
LG original aim of BL.png
26KB, 554x249px
>>51798231
This. Whoopi Goldberg even said in one of the afterwords that
>The original aim of this series was to turn the popular misconception of the 'facts' on its head
So right from the start the aim was to change things for the sake of it, resulting in stupid bullshit like the cabal, perpetuals, and the emperor planning the heresy.

Also, is what he's written actually grammatically correct? Misconception (singular) of facts (plural) seems odd. No big deal of course, he's only overall editor of black library.
>>
File: UQrt4f9lTdk.jpg (20KB, 301x301px) Image search: [Google]
UQrt4f9lTdk.jpg
20KB, 301x301px
>the first TS contemptor looked so shitty they had to actually make a second one
>>
>>51800406
I meant fluffwise.
Duh.
>>
>>51800450
What you looking at Anon?
>>
>>51800412
Man I wish that fuck never came here.

The worst of it? He planned it all and now leaves the company in a pitiful attempt to be void of responsibility.

I swear he's like Karen Traviss.
>>
>>51800450
Pls stop posting this grill
>>
>>51800481

And he works for Stars Wars now to boot.
>>
>>51800481
>He planned it all
Considering the sheer amount of discontinuity and plot lines being outright destroyed by other authors, I doubt it.
>>
>>51793603
>>51795083
>>51793656
Thanks, that's very interesting.
Sounds exactly like how Fulgrim would fuck things up, especially retarded demon-Fulgim.

They could probably make a whole TTS episode where Fulgrim picks out who's going to get purged and who's not.
>>
>>51794345
>Teutonic Knights themed
Nah, that's the BT.
They're definitely knight-themed, so there's some overlap, but I think they've got more of an Arthurian vibe going on, along with minor elements of the actual Templars
>>
>>51798320
nope. Only Veteran Tacticals and Terminators
>>
>>51798790
>I'm also super interested in the psychic Castellax but I'm unclear on how they special rule works with witchfires and being in combat? Does it mean marines in combat can still harness a witchfire and shoot it from the Castellax during an assault? Because I can only get so erect.

It's a grey area. I've asked this around and people more or less agreed on if your psyker isn't locked i combat, you can cast from Castellax even if the latter are locked in melee. But nothing official.
I've sent an e-mail with questions about TS to FW, but they are yet to reply me.
>>
>>51798795
Where?
>>
>>51800599
All TSons unit get the cult bonus, only vets, termies AND NOT COMMAND SQUADS FUCK YOU FW can be psykers though.
>>
>>51800629
Their new dreads don't I believe.
>>
>>51800645
And all HQs.
>>
>>51800649
All HQs don't get a cult?
>>
>>51800392
Because they don't like flatscans!
>>
>>51800645
Well, it's a vehicle. Vehicles don't have Legiones Astartes special rule.

>>51800629
Yup, a big fuck-up by FW.
>>
>>51800655
What.
Oh.
They do.
>>
>>51800392
Apparently.
I once thought Alpharius was racist against everyone who didn't look anything like him, be it race, height, face shape, etc, but then I realised sci-fi tech basically undid all of that.

I'm not an expert on TS fluff, but wasn't there one of the "Cults" or divisions of the legion where the less psychically-oriented people went? It was more or less the heavy weapons siegecraft division.
Plus every TS is pretty much guaranteed to get some psychic powers from Magnus' geneseed, I don't think there are any "Muggles" in his legion.
>>
recommended bits to make a terminator standard bearer?
>>
>>51800693
What type?
I think there's a power fist that looks like it could be holding something in the Cataphractii set. You'd just have to get an inanimate carbon rod of the right size to be a "banner" pole.
>>
>>51800678
>Well, it's a vehicle. Vehicles don't have Legiones Astartes special rule.
I think it's a distinction worth pointing out however. I somehow wish they could get the harnessing bonus anyway as their perils still matter to everyone else, just not to them.

It also means they can't use the castellax to shoot witch fires same as Magnus.
>>
>>51800488
Oh god. One universe was not enough, he has to guck up another.
>>
>>51800578
No HH are Teutonic Knights, and the attempt of the now Christian Slavic peoples living with the Knights
>>
>>51800481
>Karen Traviss.
Give me the quick rundown on what she did.

>>51800740
Tbh I think the worst Warhammer writer writing for nu-Star Wars would be better than the type of people they have writing for them at the minute.
>>
>>51800762
Explain. I don't understand.
>>
>>51800692
Order of Ruin is psykers who 'see the numbers behind reality' and use their powers to calculate probabilities or just knock down walls with mind siegecraft.
>>
>>51800771
Did Girlname Goulding ever actually write anything, other than smug posts on forums?
>>
>>51800792

A few Scythes of the Emperor Stories.

And he's canon editor for the Star Wars EU now.
>>
>>51800799
>A few Scythes of the Emperor Stories.
How were they?
>>
>>51800799
>canon editor
I'd pity anyone else who has that job.
>>
>>51800810

Never read them, couldn't tell you.
>>
How different does Solarite gauntlet look compared to regular power fist? I mean the actual resit bit.
>>
>>51800450
>TS get a terrible dread
>get a whole new dread to make up for it
>IW stuck with their terrible dread for ages

I love it.
>>
>>51798231
what exactly is the 'shock factor' of the HH series? It hasn't done anything with the 'setting' such as it is that is remotely divergent.
>>
>>51800837
>I'm too lazy to go to the forgeworld website and look at the pictures myself, do it for me
>>
>>51800771
In my very limited knowledge (I don't follow her wherever she goes) she's fucked some SW abd Halo lore. Her SW books were decent at first, interesting take on Clones and Mandalorians (even though she admits she never saw the prequels before being asked to write the books, and she was a goddamn movie critic). However it quickly devvolved into "Mandalorians are Mary Sues that can do no wrong and Jedis are EVUUUL" and it went even further when she took it to the Internet to rant about the people that disagreed with her lore rape and called them Talifans.

Sorta same thing happened with her Halo books, decent at first, but too many lore rapes.

Basically the same thing that happens with Goulding or ADB, an author not realising that interacting with the fanbase of an "ancient" existing setting is going to end in troubles, even more so when you have strong opinions.

>>51800799
As others said, Scythes of the Emperor. They're all right honestly. His first actual novel (I think) came out litteraly a few days ago, almost tempted to buy it, I'll see the 40k general if it's there.
>>
>>51800891
>guess what! there's actually TWO primarchs of the alpha legion
>Guess What! they aren't unified in purpose, and are gearing up for a 10k long civil war!
>NO YOU GUESS WHAT! Dorn aktuchally killed alpharius!!!
>>
>>51800906
why would anyone be remotely interested in Alpha legion if they don't have a primarch otherwise? The only noteworthy aspect of them is they were the last to be discovered and are deceptive as fuck.
>>
>>51800891
What anon meant is that every aujor tries to one up the other, by adding unnecessary TWEEESTS, changing facts or letting their opinions get in the way. I don't want the Cabal, the Perpetuals, the tons of irrelevant side stories. I just wanted the Horus Heresy.
>>
>>51800919
Anon, every legion is uninteresting if youndumb it down like that.
>>
>>51800891
Are you trolling? Shit been shoehorned in everywhere mate. Remember how nids came to the galaxy because of pharos in earlier fluff? Me neither.
>>
Watched that SW vs TS skirmish video, first bat rep I've seen using new rules. They had positions on some of the interpretations of the rules we've been discussing:
>Sekhmet can only take pyro/tk powers
>Wolves just keep adding chosen HQs as high as the points list goes
>Grey Slayers are compulsory Troops unless over-ridden by a RoW

And then showed off some interactions
>Varagyar
+1S and ability to force who accepts challenges murdered the TS Sarge and all but annihilated the squad
>Sekhmet
Got out of their Spartan, dropped a TK witchfire than killed 5 out of 15 Grey Slayers and Stunned a Spartan, passed their Perils, then charged into the Slayers and routed them. With Counter-Attack the Slayers actually got 9 hits back on the Sekhmet but 2W meant only one died.
>Grey Slayers
Started 19" away from an enemy unit, then used their rules to Move, Run+1 and Assault with re-roll to close the distance completely and get into combat.
Said basic no-upgrades GS unit with Geigor attached then fucked up the Sekhmet in assault.
>Osiron Dread
Psychic Shriek followed by a Kheres deleted a 5 man SW Terminator squad in one turn.
>Not Bjorn vs Ahriman
Ahriman cast Precog and Force. Not Bjorn hits on 3s, Harry on 4s with re-rolls. Ahriman survived to force Instant Death on Not Bjorn, but he made his save. Remained locked.
>>
Do DG Chapter Masters have a specific title?
>>
>>51800936
link?
>>
>>51800936
>Sekhmet

Not getting Plasma was a mistake.

>Osiron Dread

I was surprised at how effective it was as Shriek platform. He got lucky with roll, sure, but it made me like liby dread more.
>>
>>51800891
Bet you didn't expect...
>the cabal
>perpetuals
>imperium secundus
>emps stole his power from the chaos gods
>emps planned the heresy
>emps plans to get himself killed
>everything written by nick kyme, ever
>caliban's world spirit
>loads of people actually surviving isstvan III
>fulgrim & the painting
...did you! We really surprised you there!

I mean, there are some good surprises, the whole meduson & the shattered legions storyline for example is a great addition to the setting, but most of it is just idiocy they've added for the sake of doing something unexpected.
>>
>>51800943
Super peasants?

In all seriousness, you might find info on Garro's Lexicanum page. They explain that he has a special title instead of the ordinary "something" title IIRC.
>>
>>51800927
>just wanted the Horus Heresy

which is essentially 5 points on a timeline, which are almost totally irrelevant to the 40k setting without some light being shed on the whole setting like the reason for the immortality of the Emperor, primarchs and astartes. Also most the legions are totally flavourless in 30k especially the traitors, so it's the only way to inject some life into the flat descriptions of FW supplements.

Recently read thousand sons and prospero burns and sure there's a ton of irrelevant side characters but I'd estimate maybe 5-6 chapters in both books actually describe the main timeline events. The Great Cruade itself is also incredibly dull and FW won't expand any effort to open up a prologue with some old xenos and human factions. Let's not pretend the Horus Heresy was anything before the BL novels than a flat unimaginative and empty setting.
>>
>>51800961
Where is it that Empy planned the Heresy?
I swear to shit, the more it goes, the more I'm just cherrypicking the parts I like.
>>
>>51800943
I think only two of them did, the captain of the 2nd was "Commander", the captain of the 7th was "Battle-Captain". (Not sure they used the term chapter master, but given DG companies were larger (they only had seven) their company captains are pretty much the same thing.)
>>
File: (You).jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>51800968
Is this a new pasta?
>>
>>51800957
Agreed, that Shriek+Kheres was disgusting. The flexibility of it also seems interesting, you're paying the points to basically kit a Contemptor to your opponent's army or the game conditions.
>>
>>51800957
Pretty much the only interesting thing about the Sekhmet, outside of ML2. Never not combi the fuck up.
>>
>>51800984
No, the Great Companies contained Chapters.
>>
File: 1481016466698.png (69KB, 531x661px) Image search: [Google]
1481016466698.png
69KB, 531x661px
>>51800970
Laurel & Hardy said it on his pet forum.
>>
>>51800968
Yeah but the thing is, you can give it life, flesh it out without resorting to unnecessary bullshit or special snowflakes.

Like fuck me, Abnett and in turn ADB, since he's a hardvore Abnett fan, really have that trope of having super special stuff that doesn't abide by the customs.

Yet the best books are often those that are self contained and that don't try to be special.

There was no need to try and give actual arguments to the Chaos legions, they are BAD. Like actually evil. Yet some authors still try to turn them into good guys,and for that, will turn the whole thing upside down.

Or at the very least, leave it up to interpretation. The claim often see is how the Heresy focused on the Primarchs and ended up with moody teenagers, and it's a very valid one. We don't need to know that Sanguinius went to take a poo at 5.30 in the morning, or that the Lion suckerpunches his own marines.
A little bit of mistery never killed anyone.
It's like the SW prequels, not everything needs to be connected, like how the IW high command hasn't changed for 10k years.
>>
>>51801002
Oh wtf.
>>
>>51800781
Look up the Teutonic crusades and the relationship with Poland
>>
File: 6928275633_93e3a70022[1].jpg (166KB, 445x500px) Image search: [Google]
6928275633_93e3a70022[1].jpg
166KB, 445x500px
Which do you prefer, a banner mounted on a pole or one mounted on backpack ?
>>
File: chaos in a nutshell.png (61KB, 564x334px) Image search: [Google]
chaos in a nutshell.png
61KB, 564x334px
>>51801015
reminder
>>
>>51801002
Is he being sarcastic? I honestly can't tell.
>>
>>51801002
>Emperor did Nikaea to stop psykers from foreseeing his plan
>He didn't the strongest of them having initiative to help him

Gold
>>
>>51801043
How are you supposed to have a
>it's also a pole, brother, and I'm going to hit you with it
moment if it's not on a pole?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>Irrelevant thing I found out today but people already knew post
You can make mods by pressing greenstuff through some grill
>>51800961
>anything by Nick Kyme
Lost it
>>
>>51801068
That should read moss, alternatively it could be painted like lichen
>>
>>51801068
the fuck is a mod
>>
>>51801068
Just crumble cork.
>>
File: u5ig2.jpg (97KB, 500x657px) Image search: [Google]
u5ig2.jpg
97KB, 500x657px
>>51801043
As the other said, a banner on a pole is a lot better.
>>
>>51801043
Question. Is it correct that the back-mounted flag thing is called 'banner' and hand-held flag thing is called 'standard?' I'm quite confused about their name and distinction.
>>
>>51801043
Pole every time
>>
>>51801002
That is the dumbest shit I have ever read.
>>
>>51801015
>they are BAD

Thats fucking retarded though, you seriously think loyalist warriors whose whole life has been indoctrination and subservience to the Emperor suddenly woke up one day as evil?

And when has the Emperor ever been a divine good in 40-30k? The Imperium has always been a shitty place, the Great Crusade is even by virtue of it's name clearly an act of bigoted supremacy, oppression and slaughter. Chaos was always going to get high off that cocktail. The authors aren't the ones cuttign and pasting the setting to their liking, its you.
>>
>>51801034
I know the history, I want to know what exactly you are relating to it.
>>
>>51800990
I mean, we all know that you should roll 10.5 at average. However, in practice that means that you will roll 7 and do nothing one turn then blow a squad with roll of 15 in the next one.

However, it's still only ML1, so you pretty much has to roll on Telepathy. And only useful abilities from there are Shrouded and Invisibility, really, so you can't really count on getting "right" ability.
>>51800993
>forgetting 2w 3++
>>
File: the absolutely madman.png (443KB, 526x506px) Image search: [Google]
the absolutely madman.png
443KB, 526x506px
>>
File: Fuck you Erebus.png (471KB, 481x660px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you Erebus.png
471KB, 481x660px
>>51801117
>And when has the Emperor ever been a divine good in 40-30k?
Whenever you compare Him to the alternative
> The Imperium has always been a shitty place
Whose fault is that?
>the Great Crusade is even by virtue of its name clearly an act of bigoted supremacy, oppression and slaughter.
It's not our fault Humanity is so much better than dickstabbing ayyy lmaos
>Chaos was always going to get high off that cocktail
One of the Emperor's 3 mistakes, He thought belief fueled chaos and acted accordingly.
>>
>>51801179
What actually fuel Chaos Gods again? Mere thoughts?
>>
>>51800943
>>51800997
Anyone have info on this?
>>
>>51801200
Emotions and BL books.
>>
File: 1441413780256.png (1MB, 764x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1441413780256.png
1MB, 764x1080px
>>51801117
No but at some point when you're taking skulls, raping and snorting warp cocaine, spreading plagues, flaying civilians, inovking untold entities from another dimensiob and generally being an asshole, I do think you can be considered bad.

https://youtu.be/hn1VxaMEjRU

What I liked about the older fluff was that they were corrupted by Chaos before the HH. Horus was corrupted, well shit, and the others followed suit, being corrupted in the process. It wasn't really their choice. Now, they legions were almost all fine and dandy until Terra, at this point they were all well corrupted. They decided to rebell on their own accord, and I find that shitty.
>>
>>51801179
What are other 2 mistakes then? Not killing Logar and Angron?
>>
>>51801228
Erebus and Kor Phaeron.
>>
>>51801179
>when you compare him to alternative

for human civilization there isn't an alternative because he wipes it out the the GC and loses vast amounts of knowledge and potential. He is also directly responsible for the resurgence of chaos and creating some of the most powerful daemon princes.

>Whose fault is that
I'd say the individuals in charge of the Imperium, it doesn't have to be some shitfest to function and repel invasions, in fact it'd probably be more effective if it didn't.

>better than dickstabbing ayy lmaos
GC is mostly just wiping out humans they are there to 'unify'.

>Emperors three mistakes
Made a lot more than three mistakes and he either didn't/doesn't understand chaos at all or he does and submitted to the fisting it gave his precious dream.
>>
>>51801251
>It's the usual "The Emperor was bad because he wiped out the others and so the HH was justified" poster

Aren't you tired of this?
>>
>>51801301
I'm not saying the Emperor is bad, just that the setting isn't really about good and bad either, it's about perpetual war how ideals turn sour in war. It's not good enough to say the traitor primarchs just one day turned traitor because they are evil, there needs to be a reason the same as the Emperor needing to have reasons to create the Imperium.
>>
>>51801251
>for human civilization there isn't an alternative because he wipes it out the the GC and loses vast amounts of knowledge and potential. He is also directly responsible for the resurgence of chaos and creating some of the most powerful daemon princes.
Numerous mentions are made of the mechanicus being sent to newly compliant worlds to dig up tech.
>I'd say the individuals in charge of the Imperium, it doesn't have to be some shitfest to function and repel invasions, in fact it'd probably be more effective if it didn't.
You'd be wrong, a million planets connected by only the most gossamer of ties needs superhuman to reform and guess why their isn't any of those about?
>GC is mostly just wiping out humans they are there to 'unify'.
No it isn't, the Emperor set out to unify everyone, not kill everyone, hence why he didn't kill everyone.
>Made a lot more than three mistakes and he either didn't/doesn't understand chaos at all or he does and submitted to the fisting it gave his precious dream.
No, he doesn't understand it, as I already said?
>>
>>51800943
I think the 7 company commanders were all Lieutenants, with extra titles for a couple as other Anons have mentioned.
>>
>>51801094
Read >>51801093
>>
>>51801348
No you dont understand, the great companies had chapters inside them which in turn had regular companies
>>
>>51801104
>1 easy step to remove terminators
>traitors hate him
>click here to find out mine
>>
>>51801043
banners go on poles, unit vexilla (at least for tacticals and veteran tacticals) go on backpacks. I guess for more unique or elite units it's fun to model a banner, but personally I'd save that for the Herald or a command squad
>>
>>51801327
>mechanicus being sent to newly compliant worlds to dig up tech
the mechanicum becomes a force for technological censure, hoarding and stagnation, so what is your point?

>a million planets connected by only the most gossamer of ties needs superhuman to reform
Why do they need to reform? There was virtually no chaos threat before the Imperium, they were fairly stable Empires that still numbered in the billions with many planets and their own tech. The Imperium isn't neccessary.

>No it isn't, the Emperor set out to unify everyone, not kill everyone, hence why he didn't kill everyone.
And many tried to resist, so he killed them and wiped out their cultures and replaced it with a monoculture. This isn't a defensible position by today's standards it is total genocide.

>No, he doesn't understand it, as I already said?
No, you claimed he acted accordingly with his understanding that chaos acted on belief hence he didn't even want to tell anyone about it lest it picques curiosity. You didn't say he didn't understand it.
>>
These look fucking great. When are the new releases coming out?

>Wargear
>Two power claws
Ah what are these?
>>
File: major_karl_biedermann.jpg (103KB, 500x739px) Image search: [Google]
major_karl_biedermann.jpg
103KB, 500x739px
I want to use Warmachine Menoth Wracks to make objective markers in the style of pic related. Like traitors executed and displayed as a warning to others who'd oppose the Imperium. Did the term "heretic" exist in 30k (sounds very religious)? Is there any good alternative? "Censured"? Just plain old "traitor"?
>>
>>51801479
Fists, apparently. Which is pretty goddamn incredible if true, S10 at I4 would be great.
>>
>>51801479
Power fists.
>>
>>51801479
>Ah what are these?

Power claw and fist are used quite interchangeably, at least in 40k. Depends on if it's a propa fist or some orky or striking scorpion powa claw.
>>
>>51801422
>the mechanicum becomes a force for technological censure, hoarding and stagnation, so what is your point?
But it wasn't at the time, and only became such thanks to your precious traitors.
>Why do they need to reform? There was virtually no chaos threat before the Imperium, they were fairly stable Empires that still numbered in the billions with many planets and their own tech. The Imperium isn't necessary.
Maybe because the birth of Slaanesh had created a great imbalance in the Great Game, temporarily distracting K,T&N up until they started getting more active for the HH? I don't know, but it fits the facts better than the GC drawing Chaos' interest.
>And many tried to resist, so he killed them and wiped out their cultures and replaced it with a monoculture. This isn't a defensible position by today's standards it is total genocide.
Today's standards don't have to contend with four unfathomably evil space molluscs, unity was humanity's only hope and any who went against this was wrong.
>No, you claimed he acted accordingly with his understanding that chaos acted on belief hence he didn't even want to tell anyone about it lest it picques curiosity. You didn't say he didn't understand it.
Really, because >>51801179 "He thought belief fueled chaos and acted accordingly." sure sounds like I said he misunderstood it to me.
>>
>>51801485
Traitor is simple.
Heretic is for 40k, since they're against the GOD Emperor. In 30k he wasn't considered a god yet, at least not widely.
>>
>>51801479
>>51801496
>>51801499
Yes, that's what Alan told me when I specifically asked.

Unfortunately, people on B&C & similar are going WAH WAH WAH THAT'S NOT FAIR NUH HUH THEY ARE GENERIC CCW
>>
>>51801496
>>51801499
>>51801500
>Power fists at initiative
That seems fair... not.
>>
>>51801479
Also on that topic, how do people see running them?

I want to include some in a 2.5k list. 3 Castellax-Achea with Aether-fire (plasma) cannons?
>>
>>51801530
>what are dreadnoughts
>>
>>51801530
>That seems fair... not.

What's what dreadnoughts been swinging for decades.
>>
>>51801526
>>51801530
Out of curiosity, how many would you put in a squad? Two seem like a good way to spend 270/300 points, with both decent shooting, choping and tanking. I'm just not sure if spending 15ppm for plasma canons is worth it - AP3 Shreding Bolter is pretty decent and scatter can be a bitch.
>>
>>51801530
Mechanicum do it too.
>>
>>51801485
Non-compliant.
>>
>>51801530
That's not new, Cybernetica Castellax can grab those for 20ppm. I admit they're rather too cheap for the 1kSons, though, they don't pay any points for all the buffs their robots get, as fucking usual for the Legions. If Mechanicum could use half the Legion tanks better than the Legions people would damn well be pissed off.
>>
>>51801479
I wish you could get those hands for generic castellax to represent power blades. I really hate that they made the multi-melta and the power blade into the same model, since the power blade is basically required now that it does something but the multi-melta is easily their worst wargear
>>
>>51801505
>the birth of slaanesh thousands of years before the GC fits the facts better than a galactic genocidal war bringing billions of psykers into the fold and creating the biggest oppurtunity for chaos to corrupt the materium whilst feeding souls and emotions to the gods doesn't.

I could stop reading there.

>unity was humanities only hope
Again where are you pulling this from? What even threatened humanity? what could have conquered them other than immortal super humans and a megalomaniac? Also we aren't talking about the chaos gods, they are evil and don't even fit standards of morality. But if you are seriously going to sit there and claim the Emperor is a good force you sure as hell better be able to prove it.

Not even going to debate the mechanicum bullshit.
>>
File: late_homo.jpg (131KB, 348x1051px) Image search: [Google]
late_homo.jpg
131KB, 348x1051px
>>51801510
>>51801566
Maybe different crimes? Like "traitor", "witch", "agitator", etc.
>>
>>51801589
>the birth of slaanesh thousands of years before the GC
What?
Oh, you're one of those idiots who think Slaanesh was what began the Age of Strife, even though it was the other way round.
>what could have conquered them other than immortal super humans and a megalomaniac?
If he was so megalomaniac why did he wait thousands of years to conquer humanity when he could have done it at any point before?
>>
>>51801606
"Gold Hater"
>>
>>51801534
>Aether-fire (plasma) cannons?
What are the rules on those? I checked the pdf and all I see is a Aether flame cannon.
>>
>>51801560
I'd think the range is nice, as otherwise they are slow on-foot robots.

>>51801660
Same thing. FW being FW.
>>
>>51801639
the emperor is a plot mover and nothing more. His motivations don't matter.
>>
>>51801669
>Same thing. FW being FW.
Has the wargear not dropped yet?
>>
>>51801670
Then why have you being arguing about them?
>>
>>51795483
> dorn super hero
> Gauntlet Guy
Most boring name for most boring Primarch.
>>
>>51801696
That would be Vulkan.
>>
File: file.png (489KB, 560x691px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
489KB, 560x691px
>>51801479
this is better
>>
>>51801094
Asleep. Post skinks.
>>
>>51801589
Old Night? Humans killing themselves for limited resources, Aliens abusing, enslaving, and killing humans, etc.
>>
File: Cullen-Skink.jpg (56KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Cullen-Skink.jpg
56KB, 1024x768px
>>51801743
>>
>>51799045
You don't play often do you?
>>
>>51799045
the ABC's of 30k: Always Be Cheating, bitch.
>>
File: Dark_Angels_01[1].jpg (82KB, 856x684px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Angels_01[1].jpg
82KB, 856x684px
Does anybody here play Ironwing ? I'm looking at it and not sure how to approach it. The number of tanks are limited and +1BS doesn't really seem that beneficial. Am I supposed to use them as support and focus on the mechanized infantry with better bolters ?
>>
>>51801817
The tanks support the mechanics infantry.
That's why all the tanks flat out an extra inch, and ignore the first failed DT.
You have squadrons of Vindicators, and Predators, giving fire support.
Contemptor Morris Dreads, with dual Kheres, WITH TANK HUNTER, rape everything.
Executioner protocols kill the remaining infantry.
>>
Blackshield rules in a red book when?
>>
>>51802062
I think they might be part of the legions book, rather than the generic AoD army list.

When? Dunno. I would assume they wait till Angelus to get get a bunch of stuff added there at once. Unless they go all Jew and release a new book now that they can put SW and TS rules in there.
>>
>>51802087
spoken like a true jew
>>
>>51802263
>>51802263
>>51802263
Thread posts: 448
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.