[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horus Heresy General /hhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 445
Thread images: 68

Glory to The Lion Edition

>IT'S RIDDLED WITH ERRORS ANYWAY
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand+Sons.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space+Wolves.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan+Guard.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons+of+the+Emperor.pdf

>HHG
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed) (embed) (embed)
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed) (embed) (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed) (embed) (embed)
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed) (embed) (embed)
>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Make your unit entries
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA+Exploitable+v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
http://imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
https://discord.gg/wYS2J6b
>>
Going to have my first game with my TSons tomorrow

Wish me luck
>>
File: Gura.jpg (190KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
Gura.jpg
190KB, 1440x810px
>>51783078
You'll be fine. Magnus isn't released yet.
>>
>>51783078
Post list I'm curious.
>>
>>51783221

>Guard of the Crimson King 2k

==HQ==
Ahriman

==TROOPS==
Sekhmet Cabal x5
-2x Lighting Claws, 1x Chainfist

Sekhmet Cabal x5
-2x Lightning Claws, 1x Chainfist

Tactical Squad x10
-Vexilla
-Sgt w/Artificer and Power Sword

Tactical Squad x10
-Vexilla
-Sgt w/Artificer and Power Sword

==ELITES==

Contemptor
-Volkite Caliver/Fist(Plasma Blaster)

Veteran Tactical Squad x10
-7x Combi flamer
-2x Missile Launcher
-Brotherhood of Psykers
-Sgt. Artificer, Lightning Claw

==Heavy Support==

Heavy Support Squad x5
-Missile Launchers
-Sgt Artificer Armour
>>
>>51783392
You basically deepstriking/scouting everything? Where you putting Ahriman?

Dont forget those Sekhmet have to be Cult Corvidae.
>>
>>51783429
I might replace Ahriman with a Praetor so I can get Biomancy or Telepathy on the Termies. i dont think I want to scout the tacticals anyway
>>
>>51783392
Why not 2x HF on vets?
>>
>>51783444
Yeah I think Ahriman is best when running a pride list. In the Guard list he doesnt seem to help much.

Is the psychic dread no good?
>>
>>51783465
i like the versatility of the missile launchers in this case, so I can still plink stuff if the unit finds itself in nowheresville
>>
This is the management for the /HHG/ Podcast. Yes, it's still happening. We're still taking suggestions for what to do, cover or talk about (Constructive ones, not 'give up now'). But we need your help, the help of the community at large.

This is a call for questions from the community that we can discuss, debate and argue over in-podcast. Rules, fluff, anything. That way we can have something other than the Inferno release to talk about. Have at it.
>>
>>51783392
>Replacing Force weapons with Lightningclaws

Just ... why ? Lightningclaws are already very mediocre on terminators because no assault grenades and claws being useless against anything with a 2+ save. But then also giving up Force weapons for it ...

Then again there are also people who play SW voluntarily, guess questionable decisions aren't limited to Yiffs.
>>
>>51783518
Because im using normal termie models WYSIWYG because the sekhmet models arent out yet
>>
>>51783514
Serious question, why are you starting a podcast if you have no idea what youre trying to talk about? What will the point of the whole thing be if you're just bouncing around popular topics? That only works if people care about the individuals doing that podcast.
>>
>>51783514
Favourite under-appreciated unit in HH?
The story of Your Dudes?
Your Dudes' theme music?
>>
File: 20170218_103927.jpg (477KB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
20170218_103927.jpg
477KB, 1306x980px
It's time to paint. What are you painting today /hhg/?
>>
So I just got back into Warhammer after taking a six year break, and the Custodes just sucked me back in. I know very little about the new rules, but was incredibly proficient in 5th Edition. Anyway, C&C is welcome with this lsit since it's the first shit I've done in YEARS.

HQ: Legio Custodes Tribune w/ Praesidium Shield, Cyber-Familiar, Digital Lasers, Paragon Spear 275pt

Elite: Legio Custodes Hetaeron Squad of 5 w/ 2 Praesidium Shields, 2 Paragon Blades, and 2 Solerite Gauntlets 420pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad of 5 w/ a Magisterium Vexilla/Sentinel WarBlade 285pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad of 5 w/ Melta Bombs 300pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad of 5 w/ Melta Bombs 300pt

Dedicated Transport: Legio Custodes Coronus Grav-Carrier w/ Extra Armor 140pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Sentinel Guard Squad of 5 w/ Melta Bombs 335pt

Heavy Support: Legio Custodes Caladius Grav Tank 195pt

Heavy Support: Legio Custodes Contemptor-Galatus Dreadnought 250pt

Total = 2500pt
>>
>>51783577
This.

Podcasts, while not great when restricted, some form of goal needs to be present.
>>
>>51783878
I just toothbrushed away paint from two marine.

Your flamer squad is coming along nicely.
>>
Hey /hhg/ returning player just wondering what the exact rulings are on allying/fighting between modern 40k forces and 30k army lists. Basically I want to make an imperial guard cavalry regiment with all Malcador chassis tanks, including Dracosan's for transports. Is there any way of doing that legally?
>>
Are they going to have rules for Horus when he's all jacked up on chaos power?
>>
File: Krieg_Engineer_Squad.jpg (411KB, 1066x1366px) Image search: [Google]
Krieg_Engineer_Squad.jpg
411KB, 1066x1366px
I really want to buy some Death Korps, but can't start an army because holyfuck its expensive and I need to fund my legions first.

BUT I was considering using a squad of DK engineers as Legion Scouts in recon armour w/shotguns for my Iron Warriors, it this a bad idea?
The models got carapace armour, but are a bit small but maybe they are jacked on combat drugs to explain the better stats.

Fuck it, I'll probably buy em anyways because they look cool.
>>
>>51784203
DK are too iconic.

people will say "what are those DK models supposed to be"
>>
>>51784193
I bet they will, he'll have a stat increase after Molech and during the Seige of Terra.

Sexy daemon snake Fulgrim too hopefully.
>>
>>51784193
>Bend over its Chaos Magnus time!
Plz no.
>>
>>51784203
They'd probably look better as Militia allies. Legions did have human fighters under them either as some legion serfs/thralls or regiments attached to their expeditionary fleets, right?
>>
>>51784193
They ought to, as the daemon-primarchs will probably have their own rules as well. One issue here is that GW is doing their own primarchs and it may be easier for FW to use those rules, or iterate on those rules, as they may end up coming out first. There's been a lot of rumors of either Morty or Nailbrain (or both) getting 40k daemon-primarch releases in the very near future, so it's pretty likely that GW's gonna have the release first. They've already done 40k daemon Magnus and now Big Bobby G has a 40k model coming as well, so at this point anything is possible.

Well, almost anything. Ferrus Manus isn't coming back, that's for damn sure. He's not, right? They're not going to give us a horrible Fabius Bile clone-spawn and call it a "primarch," right? Please tell me they won't do that...

FW more or less confirmed that Big E is eventually going to have rules for the Talons of the Emperor list, as it's mentioned that Valdor has to be Warlord unless his boss is around.
>>
>>51784265
The rumour is Ferrus is coming back as the leader of the Legion of the Damned/Ghost Rider, complete with flaming metal skull for a head.

I'm not kidding.
>>
>>51784317
jesus fucking christ yes
>>
File: 1487366621278.jpg (111KB, 843x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487366621278.jpg
111KB, 843x1080px
>>51783070
To connect to the last thread, Unification wars and MKII and III are cool, as well as early crusade legions and thunder warriors due to the imperium being an underdog and not as well supplied and polished.
Also less daddy issues.

About Thunder Warriors, I believe they might have been stronger and a tad tougher, but less mentally and physically stable. They also porbably lacked all the utility implants marines have,
So they are nice to use in a standard terran environment, but it doesnt protect them from space aids, radiation,extreme temperatures and other shit. They didnt have the black csrapace, fkr emps sake.

For me they are dudes beefed up to ogryn size, cool warriors, if you ignore the homicidal rage,but shitty soldiers in the grand scale.

Good enouh to mass produce to conquer terra and begin the production of properly disciplined, team working, multiple purpose serving soldiery.
>>
>>51784317
I... don't know how to feel about that. Really, I don't.
>>
>>51784322
>>51784317
YES!

https://youtu.be/P3ALwKeSEYs
>>
File: 1476730645964.jpg (374KB, 1507x984px) Image search: [Google]
1476730645964.jpg
374KB, 1507x984px
>>51783922
Havent got the Burning yet, so I can not comment.

Only that gold and screaming faces are rad.
>>
Are Frost Blades available to consuls? Their rules say that the praetor and centurion can exchange their power weapon for a Frost Blade, but I've seen arguments back and forth if "centurion" just means a naked centurion or if consuls can take them as well.
>>
File: IMG_8923.jpg (227KB, 1200x408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8923.jpg
227KB, 1200x408px
>>51784404
Literally my favorite faction since those art books came out years ago. Them having models now tempted me hard enough to collect them.
>>
File: 1482874521401.jpg (53KB, 885x515px) Image search: [Google]
1482874521401.jpg
53KB, 885x515px
>>51784349
Also the tech being more spacey and less standardised.

As in: Hey whe found this space hulk with a really cool old ship!lets strap some generators into it and let it fly.

Fighting Neptunian degenerated humans, space pirates and aliums on the artificial 10th planet of our solar system just sounds amazing.
Together with the scavenging space miner polis of saturn you have SO much amazing stuff in that small area.

This is what got me into 40k anyway, the scale of it and the possibilities to do amazing shit in writing fluff and building minis. All the different imperial regiments, the old WD rules for the cursed foundingsm the first Kill Team rules with oportunities of swapping in guard swuads for stage bosses and DOOM! Machines.

The more uniform and polished the setting becomes the more it loses this charm.

Thus clunky tech barbarian shit is more up my alleyway.
>>
Are Cataphractii Sekhmets immune to pinning?
>>
File: 1483198710931.png (825KB, 796x541px) Image search: [Google]
1483198710931.png
825KB, 796x541px
>>51784466
Totally agreeing with you, pump up the gold man.
>>
>>51784502
I just like how that dread is fucking clocking that guy. Definition of being hit with a train
>>
>>51784489
why would they be?
>>
File: IMG_8922.jpg (262KB, 803x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8922.jpg
262KB, 803x864px
>>51784502
>>
>>51784450
Consuls are bought as Centurions then upgraded into Consul of choice, it usually says restrictions in the Consul entry (can't take Terminator armour etc), those restrictions applying to the base Centurion options.

However, seeing as Inferno appears to have many holes in it for argument, be prepared for there be a reasonable way to say the above isn't how you do it in this specific case.
>>
Any scottish players in here?
>>
File: 1462284775161.gif (1MB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
1462284775161.gif
1MB, 250x141px
>>51784317
Count me in! I actually bought almost the whole metal LotD in metal on ebay, and Ghost Rider Ferrus would be fucking great.
That's the 40k I want.
>>
Which model would be the best to make into an Ordo Reductor Medusa? The Legion one (without the marines, obviously), the Armageddon one, or the Solar Auxilia one?

Personally I think I like the Armageddon one the most, and either way it's gonna need some brass bits to make it Mechanicum, but I'm curious what other people think.
>>
Any last minute suggestions before I commit to modeling the HQs?

Thousand Sons, 1500/1500 points
Pride of the Legion

HQ
Consul - Delegatus, 130
- Corvidae, ML1 Divination
- Cataphractii, Thunder Hammer (MC)

Consul - Primus Medicae, 150
- Pavoni, ML1 Biomancy
- Cataphractii, Power Axe

TROOPS
Veterans x10 + Rhino, 285
- Plasma Gun x2, Combi-Plasma x2
- AA, Melta Bomb

Veterans x10 + Rhino, 285
- Plasma Gun x2, Combi-Plasma x2
- AA, Melta Bomb

Sekhmet Cabal, 290
-Raptora, ML2 Telekinesis (Levitation, ???)
- Combi-Plasma x5, Chainfist x1, Force Axe x3, Force Sword x1

FAST ATTACK
Primaris-Lightning, 230
- Kraken Pairs x2, Servitors, Ground Tracking

Javelin, 65
- HK x2

Javelin, 65
- HK x2

I'm tempted to simply drop the Primus Medicae. With those points I can buy the Delegatus Arcane Litanies, the Sekhmet an extra one or two two bodies and Veterans either more combis or asphyx shells.

Otherwise: Delegatus and Primus go with the Sekhmet, and use Levitate to get into position.

Veterans Outflank, Javelins depend on the opponent. Lightning is there for AV14.
>>
File: IMG_20170218_114717.jpg (416KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170218_114717.jpg
416KB, 2048x1536px
Give me a few well painted models against a grey tide any time.

If you guys don't follow Duncan on Twitter, you're doing it wrong.
>>
File: IMG_20170218_114841.jpg (259KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170218_114841.jpg
259KB, 2048x1536px
>>51784745
>>
>>51784745
those gems painted with the new technical clears?
>>
>>51784719
i'm currently thinking about taking a krios battle tank and cutting the lightning cannon out, and replacing it with something a bit more widebore so it ends up quite short, but keeps the shroud looking bit intact, with the barrel just jutting out
>>
>>51784743
I think you're 20 points high on the Lightning, unless you're counting the Ramjet grid without mentioning it

beyond that I haven't read the TS rules enough to comment
>>
>>51784466
Those the aquilon termis second from left? That hood will look interesting on a miniature.
>>
>>51784768
Just verified, it's all correct.
135 (base) + 70 (two kraken hardpoints) + servitor (15) + ground tracking (10)

Wish I could have 20 points leftover, I could give my HQs litanies to handle perils.
>>
>>51784763
wouldn't it be better to base it on the venator? the venator is already very close to that look, it just has the quad-barreled pulsar-fusil in the stubby shroud instead of a single large cannon

for my list I'm already gonna have two venators, so part of the reason I want to bring the medusa is for a little bit of model variety while also giving a solid AP2 anti-TEQ threat for literally half the price of a Thanatar. basing it on a venator (or the normal krios for that matter) would defeat the point a bit.
>>
So seeing as we always hear about the same few tactics, /hhg/, what are your views on (viability or fair play, either or):

>Spartan deathstars
>Pride of the Legion vets as compulsory
>Cybernetica and Reductor.
>Militia and Cults Cult Horde and Tainted Flesh Levy blobs.
>Custodes
>Allies, since I don't see many of them around.

And has anyone used Knight Errants (Malcador's dudes, not robots) in games? Saw one on stream and was interested. Seems like they'd fuck you over really easily, though.

>>51784719

Any of them work, honestly, and the Armageddon one avoids the mistaking it for open-topped thing.

Seeing as I'm going to use Basilisks with shortened barrels, Servitor crew and a bunch of steampunk bits (Skaven and such) and then file off all the aquilas, it doesn't really matter which you pick. If you can, though, model on a Dozer Blade because that way it won't look too off for FA13 and Walkers in Ruin.
>>
>>51784786
Huh, Kraken missiles are only 25 points for a pair in the Mechanicum book. That's odd. Just checked the Legion List too, they're definitely more expensive for marines. Weird.
>>
File: IMG_8933.jpg (141KB, 966x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8933.jpg
141KB, 966x768px
>>51784778
Yup. That's their original incarnation
>>
>>51784803
Legion ones used to be 25 as well, but the new book upgraded them to 35. Mechanicum hasn't caught up.
>>
>>51784797
I really don't get the fuss over POTL. It seems to be mainly resin elitists getting triggered by plastic marines, despite it being a pretty darn popular rite before BAC came out.

The militia thing is pretty lame though, it's always disappointing when one option is so good that nothing else gets taken.
>>
>>51784845
Ah, right, that makes sense.
>>
>>51784850
People were just mad that a £95 box could build a list equal to their £950 resin one. I'm sure many people starting their resin legions used PotL to make up for the low amounts of models they had.

I was thinking of PotL purely because I love dreads and I love terminators, and there's just that many Elite slots available, and the RoW that made dreads Troops had too many strings attached.
>>
>>51783496
>Is the psychic dread no good?
50p in a already expensive army for ML1 and a force weapon on an already S10 melee unit with normal DCCW... I don't know, it's not as useless as Ammitara, but still halla expensive. Also, it eats HQ slots
>>
>>51784317
That would explain their 3++ in 40k
>>
>>51784758
Indeed, he followed his own tutorial.
>>
>>51784850
>>51784797
Literally the only militia armies I've seen anyone use the M&C list for is to do a cultist mob allied with Word Bearers. That's it. No cyber-squats abhuman helots or anything like that. It's always cultists and artillery, since that's what seems to actually be viable, and none of the other legions feel all that fluffy with militia allies instead of Solar Auxilia.

Speaking of SA - I've never really seen a whole lot of them either, despite how good they seem to be. Dracosan veletaris/demolisher spam sounds fucking terrifying. I imagine the main reason no one commits to it is that the models are so expensive and the Dracosan in particular is a bit of a big bitch to make an entire army of them and transport all that resin around.

>>51784888
Fucking /everyone/ started with Pride of the Legion, especially when they changed it so that most legions could take their snowflake terminators as troops as well. It's the most basic starting template for a HH army because you get to build a fairly low model count, elite army that still has unique legion flavor. Once you actually play that list, though, you realize that spartan deathstars actually kind of suck for all but a handful of legions, and even they still need bodies to score.

To be honest I've never actually seen any hostility towards PotL until reading about it now. So many people start that way that it seems bizarre to hate on it. It's just... a mediocre, okay list that some legions can make work really well (Alpha) but most... less so.
>>
>>51784850
Pride is popular because veterans are overwhelmingly better than every other generic troop, barring a few situations revolving around characters/legion rules.
>>
>>51784925
>So many people start that way that it seems bizarre to hate on it.

Elitism. It's like when old people bitch about how good kids these days have it when they had it so much better than their parents, etc. Or how social media is ruining kids, even though they themselves were ruined by TV, and their parents were ruined by communism and their grandparents were ruined by rock'n'roll, etc.
>>
>>51784964
I guess, but I've never really seen anyone bitch about it before. Like, sure, it's a little boring when a 30k scene is brand new and everyone at the FLGS is running variations on the same thing because they're all starting off the same box, but if they stick with it everyone evolves their lists over time and turns them into something their own. That takes time, though, and this shit definitely ain't cheap either.
>>
>>51784317
I am a-okay with this. BL already brought ghost Ferrus back to fight the good fight a few times
>>
>>51784317
I can't even say this would fucking bother me, an undead/Ghost primarch back to exact his revenge on the traitors.

Doesn't fit Iron hands in a "much technology" and "much strength", does fit the bill for being absolutely batshit stubborn assholes.
>>
File: 1426445615431.jpg (23KB, 200x181px) Image search: [Google]
1426445615431.jpg
23KB, 200x181px
>>51784317
>>
>>51784964
>>51784888
>>51784925
>>51785017

The problem isn't Pride. The problem is the sort of people the two plastic boxes encouraged to get into the game. Ever since Calth was released 30k has been far more accessible, and while that's good in theory the current state of 40k means it's attractive to a lot of bottom-feeders. Relatively cheap troops money-wise means they have that much more to spend on Quad Mortars, or Leviathans, or Lightning spam, or all the other things that just aren't fun to play against. That doesn't even take into account that a lot of the people who started with plastic just don't seem that smart or insightful; one only has to go to forums like Bolter and Cucksword or Dakka to see all the idiots making threads on 'how do i get into 30k?' like there's some secret test they have to pass, rather than just doing their own research like others did. Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone, and there's nothing wrong with asking for help when starting out, but their lack of thought or ability to use a simple search function is infuriating.

We might have more options and choice, but I think few people can argue that the game was better before the rush of newbies bought on by Calth/Prospero. You can call it elitism because I think that is a fair term for it, but it gets grating for people who were here from the start like me to see the 30k playerbase cluttering up more and more with the types of people we switched to this system to get away from. The influx of very similar Pride lists were emblematic of that change, so they provoke a bit of a reaction.

>tfw to intelligent for 40k
>>
File: autek mor.png (917KB, 720x670px) Image search: [Google]
autek mor.png
917KB, 720x670px
>>51785234
>tfw to intelligent for 40k
>>
>>51785234
>This just in, people who are new at things are worse at it then people who have been doing it for a long time
You seem like kind of a knob-end honestly.
>>
>>51785234
Good way to put it.
>>
>>51785234
Even though it can seem rude to newbies like me, that is a very fair to put it.
>>
>>51785278
He has a point though, higher entry hurdles make people more comitted.
>>
>>51785151
Well akshually, if GW wants to be cheeky, they can say that the Flesh is so weak their Primarch doesn't even need a head to fight for Empy.
Next thing you know a bunch of headless IH are stomping around on battlefields.
>>
>>51785278
Well that goes without saying. But see the following:
>Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone, and there's nothing wrong with asking for help when starting out

If someone makes a thread or a post in the vein of 'hey guys, I'm starting 30k and I've been reading the rulebooks/doing some research, but I need some tactical advice/there's some things I don't understand' then that's no problem. I'll be happy to help that person, as I'm sure anyone here would be. What I take issue with are the people in essence saying 'guys I want to get into 30k spoonfeed me everything' or 'what Legion should I play/what's the best Legion/does this still use 40k rules?'. As I said you can call it elitism, and I admit that it's a bit petty. But just because it's petty doesn't mean it isn't a valid frustration some 30k oldfags like me have.
>>
>>51785305
It also made the game all but impossible to play in a lot of places. In towns where it's hard enough to get a 40k game going the thought of doing a 30k army and playing HH games was nothing more than fantasy. On top of that, not every FLGS owner is going to support people coming into their shop with nothing but models they bought on the internet. If the shop actually sells some of the models involved, well, that's a very different story.
>>
>>51784542
>Consuls are bought as Centurions then upgraded into Consul of choice
This is not how wargear works, nor has it ever been.
>>
>>51785234
30k was never good. People who hate new players were once just as new and clueless and asked all the same stupid questions themselves. Now that they've gotten to a position further up the ladder they look at new people and scoff at them, without realizing they were as stupid and made equally bad lists themselves.

Rather than belittle people, how about we help them? Because they're not gonna go away and you're just hurting your own hobby by creating divisions. I know it's hard, the human condition is one where we'd rather have less if the other person gets less as well, rather than give us both more.

>but their lack of thought or ability to use a simple search function is infuriating.

And then what? You get conflicting answers and when you decide, ok, I'll follow this advice, people will call them stupid for not going the other way or your list is stupid because you're not using the more optimal units.
>>
>>51784317
Even though LotD are Ultra successors...
And even though bringing Primarchs back is fuctarded to begin with.
>>
>>51785234
You sound like a dickhead.

>means they have that much more to spend on Quad Mortars, or Leviathans, or Lightning spam, or all the other things that just aren't fun to play against
They also have more money to spend on things that aren't those options, and many people do, if you actually read some of those posts from new players on B&C and dakkadakka.

>to see all the idiots making threads on 'how do i get into 30k?'
Given how often we get people in these threads building lists using outdated information from the wrong black or red book, I'd say it actually isn't that simple, and getting guidance on which books you need is fair.

>the types of people we switched to this system to get away from
So you didn't actually want to pick up 30k for its setting or rules, you just wanted to be part of a secret club? Maybe the new blood you resent so much actually want to play 30k for its own qualities, they aren't just looking to be a wargaming hipster like you apparently were.
>>
>>51785341
But he's right:
>"Any Centurion may be upgraded to one of the following roles for the points cost listed, gaining any wargear and special rules, and abiding by any army limitations shown."

Consuls are upgrades to Centurions.
>>
>>51785377
This. People talk about Consul like they're different units. They're not. They're just fucking Centurions. The Centurion IS the unit.
>>
>>51785377
Yeah, but can't take say, a thunderhammer, and then upgrade it to a MoS saying "he took the TH before he became a MoS", all wargear and upgrades and whatnot it taken simultaneously.
>>
>>51784214
>>51784254
Milita allies it is then.
>>
>>51785412
So you're saying that WBs can take whatever consul they like to fulfill their LA rule, because all consul are and count as centurions?
>>
>>51785421
Of course not, MoS denies them that use. But the point is that if you have a legion option which are available to Praetors and Centurions, can Consuls take those options?
>>
>>51785432
You know that's not what I'm saying you miserable fucking cunt. Don't try to get cute.

This is about whether a Consul can take a Frost Blade or not. A Consul is a Centurion. Any Centurion can take a Frost Blade. Unless that specific Consul has a provision that prevents them from taking it, they can fucking take it. It's pretty goddamn simple. Should FW have said "any independent character" instead of what they wrote like they did in pretty much every other legion? Yes, because then people looking to argue over shit for argument's sake would have to look somewhere else.

Christ, you people are so dense sometimes.
>>
>>51785451
No, because Consuls are a separate Centurions.
That said, we are arguing about rules from Inferno.
Someone should get FW to stream a game of TSons vs Wolves with talons allies, we might found out what the fuck
>>
>>51785471

Or we could wait for Inferno.
>>
Imperial Army Heavy Tank Brigade Armylist

HQ

Required to take 1 Armoured colonel, requires any Baneblade chassis, gains bs4, Superheavy command tank, can be upgraded in rank, has own warlord traits. Brigadier General gives him BS5, Fulgrim's pick-a-trait trick and can be chosen to hold allegiance to Army, Legion or Mechanicum. Army gives you a second Warlord Trait, but both must be rolled instead of picked, Legion gives all your superheavies BS4 without cost and Mechanicum gives you 6+ IWND on vehicles. All of these change your allies matrix

Can take an Ace Tanker as a non-compulsory HQ choice at +50 for bs4 and a choice of
-tank hunters
-monster hunters
-shred on blasts
-scout
-Superheavy Command Tank
-rerolling results on thunderblitz
Each Ace Tanker must be housed in a tank that doesnt house the Armoured Colonel or another Ace Tanker

If using Legion allegiance, a Tank Ace housed in a Superheavy costs +40 points instead

Troop

Imperial Armoured Troop-90 points for ten dudes in a rhino with lasguns, upgradable to stormtroopers in land raiders or 2x20 in carapace with axes in a CRASSUS. YOURDUDES^tm
Mechanicum Enginseer detachment-Contains 1-3 enginseers and 9-19 Servitor-thralls. Only the Enginseers are scoring, if the enginseer dies then the thralls are denial-only. Must take some form of dedicated transport.
Non-Compulsory-Malcador Variants and Valdor TD's, do not score

Elite

Stormblade-gains an extra shot when using Overload
Baneblade-can be uparmoured to 14/14/13, maximum move is 3" shorter
Stormhammer-Precision Shots on non-blasts
Lighter LRs barring conqueror
Axe or volkite Veletarii in Dracosans or Arvus, scoring

Fast Attack

Stormlord-once per game, can move and do All Power to Weapons! on the same turn
Hellhammer-Outflank
Naval support-Avenger, Lightning, Thunderbolt
LR Conqueror

Heavy Support

Thunderer, Destroyer TD, Siege LRs
Shadowsword-reroll D results of 1
Stormsword-Shred on main cannon

LoW
Legion superheavies
>>
>>51785466
>A Consul is a Centurion.
So WBs CAN take a Champion or whatever to fulfill their LA rules, cool.
Unless you're saying Consuls are Centurions for SWs, but not for WBs.
>>
>>51785471
>No, because Consuls are a separate Centurions.

So a Consul can't take Centurion options?
>>
>>51785475
We tried that, it didn't work.
Unless FW is reprinting it, with the errors fixed, for general release.
>>
>>51785344
>>51785368

Intentionally or otherwise, I think you're misinterpreting what I'm saying. Not all new players are bad. In fact, I'll say the majority are not bad. Fuck, if there's no new players this game'll die and then the multiple stupidly-expensive 30k armies I've wasted my money on'll be useless, of course I don't want that. There's nothing wrong with asking for help and there's nothing wrong with making mistakes when starting out. I'm happy to help newbies, but God damnit at least try and prove you've shown some initiative first.

I know B&C has a very well laid-out, stickied thread explaining exactly what books you need for what Legion/Army. If you don't frequent there then go to the Forge World website, search under the 'Horus Heresy Army Lists' tab and it's not difficult to figure out what you need (unless you're playing either of the Angels, the Scars, the TSons or the Yiffs. Those players I can understand being confused and again, I'm happy to help them). It wasn't about being part of a secret club or being a 'hipster', but when it started there was a general sense that the people who were into 30k did so because they cared about the setting and the lore of their faction. For the majority of newbs I'm sure there's still the case, but let's not pretend they didn't bring with them a lot of 40kfags who want something new to powergame. I know anecdotes are useless evidence, but in my experience at least ever since Calth there's been a rise in what you could call the 30k Netlists of Quad Mrotars/Leviathans in Pods/etc in my area. It just makes me a bit sad.

But people are probably getting sick of this so I'll shut up. >>51785321 made a good point when he said that it's at least easier to get a game now; that was a valid issue, one that could have probably been solved in part by GW selling Forge World in their stores, but eh.
>>
>>51785479

Can't be any worse than my Titan Battlegroup List. Warlord Titans as Non-Compulsory troops. Warhound Titans as Fast Attack. I might post the complete list someday.
>>
>>51785479
So to take our minds of inferno, i decided to write up an Imperial Army list for those of us who simply want to use our trash superheavies left behind from when Baneblades were actually worth something.

I was stuck on a train for 11 hours in rural australia, forgive my autism and lack of balancing ability

Additional rules include
For each Baneblade Chassis beyond the second, an extra compulsory troop is required
The Specialist Tank rule next to Baneblade-chassis is automatically gained for your Armoured Colonel
Can purchase a list of tank upgrades i'll write up tomorrow
>>
>>51785480
I'll be honest, the way it's phrased for WB makes no sense either; if they mean it has to be a Centurion with no upgrades they need to qualify that. Besides, like >>51785482 points out, if a Consul isn't a Centurion then that means they have no wargear options, because those wargear options are for Centurions, not Consuls. That clearly makes no fucking sense.

So, honestly, sure, knock yourself the fuck out, I really don't care. Everyone knows that's not what they meant, but FW sucks at qualifying their rules or keeping any kind of consistency in the way they are written... and then takes forever to make an FAQ.
>>
>>51785479
>>51785491
Where are the russes.
Engineers should be elites, maybe only takeable in mechanicum aligned detachments.
>>
>>51785491

Ever tried to balance a list where it's all Titans? Your list is in far better shape than mine.
>>
>>51785479
seconding >>51785513 enginseer troops are already a unique Mechanicum thing that you have to take a specific HQ to unlock. you're kind of stealing the Makrotek's main reason for existing. it's also potentially a little broken if you stick them all in Triaros for missions that only score at the end of the game; they just sit in their choo choo trains repairing it up until the end of the game and then hop out to score.
>>
>>51785488
>I think you're misinterpreting what I'm saying. Not all new players are bad.

Not at all. I'm saying the elitist attitude towards new players is bad and doesn't help anything. Whenever someone mentions plastic kits, everyone's all up in their ass about it, never even entertaining the idea that maybe "I want to make Indomitus terminators" isn't code for "I want to buy a plastic terminator kit and paint it as my legion." I want to give people the benefit of the doubt and tips on how to make things work. I bet I've sunk more time and money into my 10 Indomitus suits than most "FW is the only HH" people who buy their resin suits, weapons and legion pauldrons, and slap them together.
>>
>>51785514
See, all titans should be the Leviathan org, which actually works for God-Machines. But taking three bonus-less baneblades is utter trash, since all Knights are way more points-efficient than baneblades. I hadn't given a points cost to the Brigadier-general, but a kitted Stormhammer is already 650+ points and the brigadier upgrade would bring it to 750, which is Warhound grade.
>>51785513
Russ is listed under LR due to 4chan character limits. They're elites for rear armour 10 variants, FA for the Conqueror, HS for rear armour 11/siege variants. Enginseers were intended to be a mechanicum aligned choice, to make up for an arguably weaker bonus.
>>
>>51785558
>malcador variants are troops
>russes are fast, heavy and elite
Nah.
>>
>>51785575
>great crusade tank army has lots of tanks
I fail to see the problem
>>
>>51785611
Russes should be your troops, is the point.
>>
>>51785611
It's one of those things I feel would be better done in epic scale (whatever the hell forgeworld decides that is) that 40k scale. You can't really do massive tank battles justice in 30/40k.
>>
>>51785619

But the Malcador is the army standard and the Russ is the new hotness at this point.
>>
>>51785619
Scoring tanks never sits right with me, and this setup keeps your various types of tanks seperate. Also, this is crusade era, where the MBT is the Malcador, the light, specialised tank is the Russ and the heavy tank is the Baneblade chassis. Russes were not quite the backbone they become 10k years later. There also needs to be some boots on the ground to capture your objectives. Splitting up the various types of Russ gives them some granularity in usage-you shouldnt be choosing between a Demolisher, a Conqueror and an Exterminator in the same slot, their usage is completely different. I guess its just my opinion though
>>51785654
True enough, i just want to have a use for my armourcast Baneblade and Shadowsword that are so thoroughly outclassed by the humble GW Knight, and i also like how they've redone the Stormhammer and would like one if i had an army i liked that i could use it in
>>
>>51785667
Interesting.
>>
Does anyone else feel that Custodes should have been made as an allied only force?
Got a friend within our 30k group who is now running custodes at 2k and they just invalidate close combat legions with their troops and a lot of anti-tank with their skimmers (machine spirit on skimmers is horrible). I understand they're the best of the best but without limitations they're almost too powerful.
>>
>>51785703
>the MBT is the Malcador

Umm...
>"Although not as heavily armed as goliaths such as the Baneblade or as well-protected as the Land Raider that would come to largely replace it in Legion service as a main battle tank"
-LAAODAL, pg. 81

>"By the time of the Horus Heresy, many Malcador Heavy Tanks had been relegated to strategic reserves and second line Imperial Army units, replaced by larger numbers of smaller, more tactically flexible tanks such as the Leman Russ and its many variants. The demands of the galaxy-wide civil war soon brought them back into the fray however, while their availability saw them used as test-beds for a variety of new variants designed to plug gaps in supply and resource."
-CIAL, pg. 48
>>
>>51785780
They're ridiculously small numbers and bodycount make up for their cost. Keep hitting them or bog them down and you'll be ok. Deny them CC/be a wall
>>
>>51784626
Aye.
>>
>>51785838
>be a wall
Ironic, considering that Dorn is one of Valdor's best bros.
>>
>>51785798
>legion service
invalid quote, this is intended as a fanmade re-imagination of an Imperial Army heavy tank brigade
>tactically flexible such as the Leman Russ
By being used in various slots, i'm trying to reflect this use
>brought them back into the fray
where they would be used as a stop-gap filler tanks, as seen in their non-compulsory slot usage

Perhaps the MBT analogy was not entirely correct, but compared to the Russ it is certainly a more proper battletank, albeit a second-line one a la the usage of Pz IVs late WWII. The Russ is used as a light, specialised tank in the thirtieth millenium, the Malc is more a general use tank. The specialized nature of the Russ variants makes the chassis unsuitable for a troops choice, the generic gap-filling makes the Malc perfect for it.

Goodnight, carrying on about semantics is boring, please don't
>>
>>51785923
The idea is that the Malcador fits far more in the Heavy Tank slot than it does as a MBT.

It represents how after WW2, nations moved away from just making larger and beefier tanks and focused more on making a kind of "Jack of all trades" tank that was relatively easy to make and to field as it could fill a range of battlefield roles.

Not that the Malcador is a bad design, just that is is more of a heavy hitter that belongs more in the HS slot.
>>
So.....won't Phosphex and Grav just prevent Custodes from getting into combat?
>>
>>51784317
>>Slaanesh takes Fulgrim
>>Fulgrim kills mannus
>>Slaanesh takes Mannus and gives him a flaming head.

MANNUS IS DOOMRIDER... and does cocaine, i can but guess..
>>
>>51785923
>invalid quote

Not at all, I was pointing out that it wasn't an MBT even in Legion use.

>The Russ is used as a light, specialised tank in the thirtieth millenium, the Malc is more a general use tank. The specialized nature of the Russ variants makes the chassis unsuitable for a troops choice, the generic gap-filling makes the Malc perfect for it.

You got nothing speculations that ignore the fluff given or just outright fabricates it.
>>
>>51785841
How's things up North? In particular Dundee?
>>
>>51785971
Well yeah, when talking about how devastating Custodes are, we aren't referencing other cheese builds, we're talking about normal builds.

Of course Phosphex spam and grav spam can still trump them, but it's not like anyone will play you anyway.
>>
>>51785488
You're talking about something that annoys people quite un-annoyingly, don't worry. I mean, it's not like you're out of order. It's just difficult to generalise.
Like, here's me
>Played 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th ed
>Army/Guard and Thousand Sons the entire time
>Stop playing the game in 4th, keep up with all the fluff though and read each new edition rulebook
>Buy Big Black Book 1 and go to the first 3 Weekenders just because I fucking love the fluff, haven't played a game or touched a model in literally 10 years
>Slowly realise I can make the Thousand Sons Heresy army list of my fluffiest fluff dreams
>Pick up the plastic boxes so I can get a head-start, as well as the FW troop upgrade kits and a Demios.
>Inferno comes out, I'm sitting here with my first Vet squad for a PotL list done.

So I'm literally the worst kind of player that you're describing to join your gaming group as I haven't played a game in a decade and all the resin you''ll see from me for a few months are upgrade sprues and a truck.

However, I've been supporting and obsessing about this system since it started and now I can make my dream project (I've loved the TS since 2nd ed, so anyone giving me shit for it in this meta is on to nothing), I'm gonna end up dropping hundreds and hundreds on it and play as much as I can once I find people willing to take on a noob with an army people are calling OP.

Because everyone new has a story and an appreciation for the system, you know? Some guy moaning at me for running plastic PotL is gonna do nothing.
>>
>>51786009
As long as someone paints their stuff well then it's ok in my book. I don't even play the game but I collect Word Bearers because I love the models. I have plenty of resin and plastic since having the best unit doesn't matter, just the coolest.
>>
>>51785955
There seems to be no direct analogy for an MBT in 30k like there is in 40k where the Russ is king, my opinion is just that the Malc is the closest thing. The heavier, beefier tank is the Baneblade and its variants, while the Malcador and its variants are the Jack of All Trades tank used to fill gaps, which to me seems like a trait of a troops choice. Baneblades are built around their heavy-hitting guns, which range from the original s10 10" ap1 to dangerous terrain creation to the D. Opinions, and its 1am here so i actually am going to sleep now
>>51785976
I never claimed anything about legion usage, where it was used as a true heavy tank since they used different vehicles for different roles and often were noted to have a much faster-paced way of warfare than used by the Army. Thats the same reason it works as a heavy support for the Solar Auxilia, since they're another elite force based around having superior infantry. I'm talking Imperial Army, which by your second quote in >>51785798 did use them as a stop-gap general use filler battletank, and that the russ was a more specialised unit than the Malcador. see above spoilers, its an opinion that in 30k the Russ was more used in specialised roles and therefore is unsuitable for the workhorse role of a troops choice, as far as we can tell from the limited information made available to us by FW
>>
the problem with POTL isn't that its something newbies do, imo I'm probably one of the biggest shitters on POTL in these threads and I always will be because to me it just stinks of WAAC faggotry to play with as few troop models so you can maximise your bullshit instead of playing with the masses of tactical marines that is emblematic of 30k compared to 40k - it ignores the iconic feel and fluff of the game and instead focuses on being as efficient and boring as possible. Every fucking POTL is the same shit that only exists to take as many quad mortars and leviathans as possible.
>>
>>51786066
>which by your second quote in >>51785798 did use them as a stop-gap general use filler battletank

Your main battle tank is not a test-bed or a filler. And the same quote says that the Russ is more flexible, you know, like a good MBT should be.
>>
>>51786066
To me the Baneblade varients are more like the crazy super-heavy tank concepts that came to be at the end of WW2, shit like the Landkreuzer and the Maus. Ungainly beasts that have an insane amount of firepower nailed to a single chassis, something that our heads say is a stupid idea, but our hearts yearn for.
>>
>>51786078
>PotL is to min/max points for non-Troops
>10 tacticals is 35pts. cheaper than 10 vets, equally durable and doesn't give your opponent extra VP when wiped out

Does not compute.
>>
>>51786101
Not him, but the superheavy concepts seems more like the Epic Leviathans and such, whereas the Baneblades are more like a King Tiger on crack and made by Martians.
>>
>>51784188
Anything between 30k and 40k whether allies, opponents or whatever is by gentleman's agreement only. There is a section in one of the books that explains it a bit but not everyone can agree since they are technically different games. Basically it's opponents permission only.
>>
>>51786078
> Every fucking POTL is the same shit that only exists to take as many quad mortars and leviathans as possible.
Just out of interest, I thought I'd check out your strawman on B&C (as they're apparently the worst for the 30k plastic noobwave, or something). Of the POTL lists (5-6 or so) on page 1 of the list thread, only 1 had a leviathan. I'll admit that 4 (I think) did have quad mortars in their lists, but no more than 3, and in fact none of them had bought phosphex shells for them.

So, no, new players (on my statistically accurate survey of "B&C, today") don't use POTL to "take as many quad mortars and leviathans as possible".
>>
File: Dorn No.jpg (133KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
Dorn No.jpg
133KB, 623x414px
>>51786078
>it just stinks of WAAC faggotry to play with as few troop models so you can maximise your bullshit instead of playing with the masses of tactical marines that is emblematic of 30k compared to 40k
It's not really WAAC since it's staying within the realms of both fluff and crunch fairness. Also the things that kill 20 tactical marines kill 10 veteran marines twice as effectively.

And if the goal was to maximise leviathan + mortar spam, taking the more survivable basic tactical squads which don't punish you for losing them would be the more sensible option. They're not the fault of the PotL list.
>>
>play DG
>use The Reaping
>have a phosphex mortar battery
>have a leviathan
>have two vet squads in Troops

Being cancer is just natural for us huffers, I suppose.
>>
>>51786317
That's not the vets' fault though, it's not even a PotL list.
The veterans are non-compulsory.
>>
>>51784404
I hope we get tactical custodes at some point. I always liked that image, and I think it makes sense that the custodes would go for something with a bit more utility than a spear during the height of the siege.

It's pretty difficult to shoot from cover with a rifle on the end of a giant stick.
>>
>>51786383
>I hope we get tactical custodes at some point

Why are you oping for something that already exists
>>
>>51786398
....it does? Must have missed that.
>>
>>51786351
It's just the whole "leviathan, vets, and quad mortars are wrong" mentality.

And yes, vets are non-compulsory. I just have them for mobile units in Rhinos, since I don't much care for spartans and most units I have are on foot.

I guess it's the 40k guardsman in me that enjoys big blobs of infantry with some vets in transports, supported by artillery.
>>
>>51786404
Sagittarum Custodes in Heavy Support
>>
>>51786383
SIgh, do you do it on purpose?
>>
>>51786404
The Sagittarium Guard got big bolters (30" range heavy bolters) with a combi-disintegration beam under the barrel. They're Heavy Support, though, and their guns are Heavy, so they're mostly support units. There's no bolter armed tactical Custodes as Troops.

Part of me wants to take the bolters from the guardian spears, put them on the Sagittarium bolter arms and use them as spear Custodes.
>>
>>51786418
Can't see any models on Forge World. Haven't read the book so I didn't know they existed.
>>
>>51786439
>Skitarii are relentless just because of mechanical legs
>The most powerful gene-forged warriors in the galaxy can't walk and shoot

Marines should be relentless.
>>
>>51786478
It's not about the ability to carry shit, it's about stability. You can have the biggest, strongest dudes with nerves of steel and full body control of a Shaolin monk, and I bet you he'd be less stable firing a rifle from his shoulder than an average person from a cheap bipod.
>>
>>51786122
thats true, and I guess I was wrong about this, sorry. a bit of moving the goalpost I suppose but I'm mostly opposed to it on the basis of it feels like playing with 40k marines, what with the 10 man squads, with 2 "special weapons" as troops.
>>51786219
I'm not the same anon hampering on about POTL being noob cancer, I am not opposed to it on those grounds. as for newbs not taking leviathans but taking quad mortars I offer no explaination. perhaps they have 40k thunderfires they can "count as". as for what //I// would recommend to a newb based from the calth set is 2x10 tacticals and 10 support marines with magnets.
>>51786279
any mixture of troops can be thought of as fluffy given the proper background, I called it emblematic with big tac blobs not fluffy or crunchy. I think a lot of people are drawn to vetspam because they are very flexible and have an easy time to punch above their weight with special weapons, combis and power weapons, while I am drawn to tac spam because I think it looks more 30k-y, and no one can call bolterspam WAACy or even particularly effective outside of inductii spam or BS5 fury of the legion.
>>
I asked this one in the last thread before it got archived, so I'll inquire again.
I don't hear much talk about the Brethren of Iron RoW, but I've been thinking of using it for my Thousand Sues army, as it strikes me as a cool RoW to use. My question is, is the RoW any good? Will I be seen as a WAACfag for using it, or will I end up shelving my beep boops after a couple of games?
>>
>>51786624
how many beep boops do you intend to use? perhaps you can instead just bring a preavian or a cortex controller and bring the beeps as a HS choice? otherwise its not really overpowered or anything, unlike cybernetica you're probably going to have like one cortex controller that can't join the beeps, would be fun go for it!
>>
>>51786478
With the change to Rapid Fire weapons in recent editions, whats the point? I'd have agreed pre-change.
>>
>>51786662
to charge after shooting bolters (and move with HBs)
>>
>>51786404
Some people complain about it because their bolters are heavy rather than salvo or rapid fire, and that they're not troops but heavy support squads, despite not being particularly more effective than the spear units. Personally I think there would be nothing to complain about if it was salvo, like Dorn's "buffed" model supposedly is.
It would be nice as well if there was a "rite of war" to take them as troops, but that will probably be some point down the line. In the book in which the Emperor is revealed, I'm pretty confident they'll at least make Hetairon guards a command squad for him, and if that's the only increased flexibility they give Custodes, I'll be surprised. And there's always the Siege of Terra; if they don't do something for bolterstodes then, there's no hope.

>>51786478
The first anon who replied to you summed it up perfectly. The skitarii's arms probably recoil in ways a human arm simply isn't designed to.
And there's the question of design philosophy; the skitarii probably aren't given the absolute strongest guns they possibly can (that's for servitors), whereas the space marines use the most brutishly powerful weapons they can.
The Custodes don't operate like the Space Marines, they're to the Legions what the Skitarii are to Servitors, and the two organisations have the same relation to the Emperor as the Skitarii and Servitors have to the Forge Worlds' Magi. It doesn't make sense for them to have static weaponry loadouts, when they're so expensive and supremely skilled at melee.
>>
>>51786684
Seeing that they all got pistols, you're basically losing 1 shot per marine. Also, I don't think Relentless would make HB anymore popular, people would just pack other heavy weapons into tactical squads, to capitalize on the newfound mobility. Plasma cannons or lascannons to go with plasma guns, multi-meltas to boost meltaguns, etc. Hell, grav-cannons might become even more common. And if meltagun/combi-melta drop pod squads were bad, say hello to 4 multi-melta & combi-melta devastators in a pod.
>>
File: 1487285270251.png (254KB, 401x389px) Image search: [Google]
1487285270251.png
254KB, 401x389px
Ayyy senor Emperor.
I here to build a wall.
For cheap
>>
>>51785996
I'm not suggesting spamming anything, and I certainly don't play anything spammy - don't project your expectations or shitty experiences onto me motherfucker

The suggestion is that surely some amount of either grav or phosphex would probably go a long way to stalling them, and maybe they aren't the total rape train suggested if some basic and common elements present in a lot of lists can be used to counter well
>>
File: dood.jpg (47KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
dood.jpg
47KB, 250x250px
>>51786890
For free?
>>
Thinking about magnetising my support squads, since putting on a small amount of glue and breaking them off every time I change my list seems like a retarded idea

Magnetise the hand/wrist joins or the arms?
>>
>>51786890
I thought pollux built a ball? Darn cheap labour, misreading the instructions.
>>
>>51786984
Wrists is super easy with 2x2mm magnets (you also dont have to paint as many arms/shoulders).
>>
>>51786651
I was thinking of probably sticking in two units of Castellax, a unit or two of Domitar, and maybe a unit of the Castellax-Achea
I may or may not also insert a Praevian for shits and giggles and beep beps
>>
>>51786984
Wrists is easier, usually only do arms if you would be changing them from something like BolterTacs to BP/CCW Tacs
>>
>>51787085
Well Domitars are petty sub par so may not be awful. Objective missions will suck because robots don't score tho
>>
Virtues of the Sons/Sins of the Father audiobook anyone?
>>
File: 0cb.gif (343KB, 356x480px) Image search: [Google]
0cb.gif
343KB, 356x480px
>>51783070
Anyone got those new Titan pics that were posted a few days ago? I couldn't get them sine I was on my phone.
>>
File: Confused Ferrus.jpg (27KB, 451x343px) Image search: [Google]
Confused Ferrus.jpg
27KB, 451x343px
>>51784317
Do I want?
>>
>>51784890
I kinda like Ammitara for flavour, but really they are overpriced. And their spell should either be WC1 or manifested on 3+
>>
>>51786984
The hands, if they're tactical support, since all you'll be swapping out is the weapons, which are all designed to fit in the standard hands the same as bolters do.
The tactical support weapon sets don't have backpacks like the heavier weapons do, but even then, you can get away with Heavy Bolters, Multi-Meltas, and Heavy Flamers swapping out. (HBs and HFs should be options for tactical support as well in my view).
>>
>>51784786
MAKE the twenty points.
Or risk having your entire army fucking pinned right when you can't afford it.
>>
File: Thunder_Warrior_Captain.jpg (251KB, 692x718px) Image search: [Google]
Thunder_Warrior_Captain.jpg
251KB, 692x718px
>>51784486
Absolutely agreed. I wish they'd do some minis bringing some of Blanche's "Thunder Warrior" concepts to life (and while I'm day-dreaming, maybe some of the crazier Imperial Army regiments from Abnett's books, like the eugenic barbarians from Terra and the dudes with psycho-activated spikes on their carapace armour).
>>
>>51785320
Please post pics of your converted mkii, mkiv, and mkiii models as proof
> ib4 shit painted IWs
>>
>>51785482
Holy shit, the red book is VERY fucking clear how it works. Buy the book/ poor fag the mega.
FW has done an absolutely shit job of editing, but this shit is easy and clear.
>>
>>51787589
Glad of you to take one post out of context to bitch about.

The whole discussion is that when you have a legion specific piece of wargear that's available specifically to praetor and centurion, can a consul take it?
>>
>>51787566
Actually they're shit painted Night Lords.
>>
File: 1486250742210.jpg (101KB, 466x350px) Image search: [Google]
1486250742210.jpg
101KB, 466x350px
>>51785971
Their armor gives them move through cover. So no dangerous terrain.
Also Medusa will give raped by the Cuckstode tanks no problem. Same with quad mortars.
Pic related is your new overlords.
>>
>>51787556
I think his Thunder Warrior designs are too gold, they step on the Custode's visual design too much.

I'd like something a bit more functional, maybe primitive looking, more industrial designs, with brushed steel and dark iron, just have the gold as decoration and detailing.

Be cool to have a Unification Wars book, there's certainly enough mad shit to fill one, it basically had an entire interstellar campaign's worth of awful crammed into one planet.

The DAoT Not!MenofIron the Salamanders fought in the Tempest Galleries would be cool.
>>
>>51787686
YES, because a consul is an upgrade to the centurion

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>51787709
Can a Consul be used to fill a requirement for a Centurion, seeing that it's just an upgrade?
>>
>>51787709
But no, because in legion specific rules treats consuls and centurions as separate things.
>>
>>51786317
>people can complain about DG players being cancer
Does not compute
>>
>>51787699
I actually think it's shit to have a clearly distinct divergence in style between different groups in the same army. It is the Imperium above all else. It's not like 40k where the Imperium's just a collection of factions each with their own separate motivations and just working together through external pressure.

What sort of engineer worked on the Thunder Warriors and was like "well, we can't make them look TOO fancy, it's not like they're the Emperor's bodyguards." It's same as going "Well, Custodes/Sisters can't have those pleb tier Rhinos, that's just stupid to give such fancy units some mass produced crap transports." and then denying them to the Army because "Why would some shitty farmers with guns get to ride in the high-tech science transports of the Emperor's Angels of Death?"
>>
>>51787745
All consuls are centurions. not all centurions are consuls.
>>
>>51787843
DG are some of the least cancer. 50% of painted models are Death Guard, they're thematic most of the time and are quite content to footslog and play to the fluff.
>>
>>51787894
That's because it's white primer + green + agrax earthshade.
>>
>>51787894
When did FW think estroyers were a thing and why hasn't DG got an updated unit for them
it was more so a refrence to DG players being kind and friendly if autistic, and criticisng them for an actual legion trait is pretty low bar
>>
File: 20170218_193224.jpg (474KB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
20170218_193224.jpg
474KB, 1306x980px
Soon.
>>
>>51787846
>What sort of engineer worked on the Thunder Warriors and was like "well, we can't make them look TOO fancy, it's not like they're the Emperor's bodyguards."

Well it's more like they're semi-disposable shock troops who are going to die in their thousands during ever campaign.

Doesn't make sense to me that their armour and equipment would be works of art, crafted from the same rare super-materials that the unique paragons of the Emperor's personal guard get.

Thunder Warriors were just expedient tools to be used up and disgarded. I can't see the Emperor demanding the same quality of wargear that his hand-crafted Custodes get. They'd get stuff off an assembly line.
>>
>>51787462
Guess so. Will probably drop a plasma somewhere.
>>
>>51787846
supply and demand mon frere, same reason only elite SS got prototype ray guns
>>
>>51787928
Who needs destroyers when with The Reaping EVERY squad is a destroyer squad?

I only picked DG because I had some spare legion stuff, wanted to make a traitor army to use space CSM stuff, and I really liked the Collected Visions inspired DG helmets.
>>
File: 1406259973882.jpg (4MB, 10000x10000px) Image search: [Google]
1406259973882.jpg
4MB, 10000x10000px
>>51784466

mfw all I think of is kitten standing there

but seriously, those gorgets or whatever they have around their heads are fucking huge
>>
>>51787955
So why aren't Marines in utilitarian armour with uniform markings and tactics? They're just tools as well.

>>51787976
Yes, and 90% of their equipment is identical to the rest of the military. They got the same tanks, the same trucks, the same clothes and the same guns as the rest of them.

But 101 game design, each faction has to be 99% distinct from on another. I'm surprised Army is allowed to have 20 man rifle squads when that's what Legion has. That's not right. What faction am I playing again, this is so confusing.
>>
Haugesen come back I want story time. ;_;
>>
File: Power Armour MK II.jpg (111KB, 634x806px) Image search: [Google]
Power Armour MK II.jpg
111KB, 634x806px
>>51788043
>So why aren't Marines in utilitarian armour with uniform markings and tactics?

But they are, compared to the Custodes. Isn't that obvious?

Just compare Mk II Crusade pattern, with it's rivets,chunky plates and plain, functional surfaces to the sleek Custodes' battle plate or the highly-embellished gold of the Thunder Warriors in Blanche's art.

Mk I Thunder Armor should look like slightly more decorated Mk II, but more primitive as well, more exposed cables/servos and with furs and shit added on. imo.
>>
File: 1404016366899.jpg (697KB, 1426x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1404016366899.jpg
697KB, 1426x1000px
Can any fellow anon(s) help me? With the release of the custodes, they seem to be pretty controversial across both fluff and tabletop wise and i've been kind of wondering why exactly that is.

I personally feel that since custodes came so late to the 30k setting, that many of us had got invested heavily into out respective legions, militia, solar axuilia, mechanicum, etc, all of which very much support Your Dudes, but the custodes seem weird in that it's only "Muh loyalty to the Emperor, not his vision, not mankind, just him" and that's all you can play them as.

Yet with all the other factions currently, you have the ability to craft interesting self made stories that can go whatever way and posses the ability to actually give your characters personality

I almost wish that they had kept custodes an ally only faction because i guess aside from MoM and a select few short stories, we never see them anywhere without emps with them.

Maybe this is because i though the custodes used to be really cool before i found out about the horus heresy setting and the legions and stuff, but at this point now, i wonder if they were a good idea.
>>
File: Thunder_Warrior.jpg (230KB, 913x947px) Image search: [Google]
Thunder_Warrior.jpg
230KB, 913x947px
>>51788308
Compared too pic related.
>>
is it true the the dark angles are actually traitors and the Lion is being held against his will in the rock?
>>
>>51788355
feck off
>>
File: 1418642589495.png (981KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1418642589495.png
981KB, 1600x1000px
>>51788315
Well, if MoM is anything to go by, Custodes, for all their genius and heroism, are even more shallow in terms of personality than your average legionary.

Then there's the WEAPON TO SURPASS THE METAL GEAR aspect of their abilities. Early in the series, there was some doubt about how they'd measure up against legionaries in open warfare, suggestions that they were exceptional duelists but poor soldiers, but again, in MoM, which coincided with the mini releases, they're shown as unstoppable all-round super heroes with zero flaws or weaknesses in any theatre of war.

I wouldn't call them Mary Sues since they're clearly supposed to be mono-goal automatons dedicated to the Emprah, but they're pretty unsympathetic characters coupled with being better than Your Dudes in every way.

Might just be me, I always prefered Astartes as scenery dressing being witnessed by human POV characters for the same reason, the Knight scion D'Arcus was my favourite character in MoM for that reason.
>>
>>51788323
So what's the problem with this one again?

Also, apart from the golden paintjob, how much more fancy his that from >>51788323? You got cabling, rivets, lightning bolts and aquilas (well, regular MkII suit has), etc. There's some laurel pattern on the trim and the cloak and plume, but you can put those on a marine just fine without anyone even commenting on it.

Now look at something like >>51784533. How plain is that. There's the helmet, a little decorations on the trim of the shoulder pads, the standard bearer has some thunderbolts on the chest, there's an eagle head on one corner of the shield. Otherwise they're quite plain.

I'm actually looking into making my sword and board Custodes in that style with fairly plain shields (thinking of assault terminator sergeant's shields) and clean shoulder pads and torsos. Gives some variety to the ranks where the Troop units aren't as fancy as the Elites.
>>
>>51788355
[Spoiler]Yes[/spoiler] [Spoiler]No[/spoiler] [Spoiler]Maybe[/spoiler] [Spoiler]Alpha Legion[/spoiler] [Spoiler]??[/spoiler]
>>
>>51788315
On the tabletop, some believe they're unbalanced because they pack stupid durability and firepower into every model and don't pay the price they should for having what amounts to a 3.7++ save on everything, or better. Their HQ having a 3++ rerollable invuln and hence being able to kill literally anything in single combat apart from invisible Magnus and sometimes Scoria doesn't help, Legion players are angry their Primarchs die to a generic EW unkillable Custodes. The sheer melee power of each and every model also poses serious problems to melee legions, where they are denied any soft targets and take grievous casualties against an entire army of at least W2 T/I/S 5 2+/5++ AP3.

Some think that they're perfectly fine due to costing 55ppm at least, and being vulnerable to artillery, templates and plasma. Also because they're so expe, they often have only a couple counters for any given thing and have no anti-air really. It's like fighting an entire army of Grey Knight Paladins, but better. Armies like Reductor, Cult hordes, Death Guard somewhat and Imperial Knights will probably have the best time, but the problem is that by being weak to that stuff they mean it'll show up more in TAC lists, making the going harder for the Legions as a whole.

Fluffwise, they're just plain boring, really. You outlined the problem fairly well, there's not enough of them and they don't do enough for Your Dudes to be any different to anyone else's Dudes.
>>
>>51788445
>>
>>51788421
What I find interesting about the Custodes in MoM was that them being super-dicks was fully intentional.
ADB literally has a scene where a Custodian is mean to a child.
In front of the Blood Angel whom the Custodian is also mean to because A) He doesn't like marines and B) The Blood Angel is a cripple.
Of course the Blood Angel is then nice to the child, showing another difference between the two exemplars.

To craft a scene where a Custard is a dickhead to a cripple and a literal child, that is intentional to make us think Custodes are not likable.
>>
File: 145456472457245.jpg (161KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
145456472457245.jpg
161KB, 1600x800px
>>51788434
It's too ornamented. Thunder Warriors were even more disposable than Astartes, why would you kit out your fire-and-forget shocktroops in gold coated, etched armour?

Thunder Warriors, in my opinion, should be closer to pic related than the Golden Knights of the Custodes.
>>
>>51788483
They also do not need to be likeable. They are literally a living wall to stand between the Emperor and any potential threat, and that includes Space Marines.
>>
>>51788483
Custodes only like the emperor or other custodes.
>>
>>51788483
>ADB makes loyalists uber-cunts

Surprise, surprise.
>>
File: kids-before-initiation.jpg (413KB, 780x1183px) Image search: [Google]
kids-before-initiation.jpg
413KB, 780x1183px
>>51788499
Funny thing is that that's exactly what Marines are, and they get the ornate armour and the title of The Emperor's Angels of Death.

>why would you kit out your fire-and-forget shocktroops in gold coated, etched armour?

Shock and awe?
>>
>>51787994
Maybe DG players dont always want to take the fucking Reaping?
If they could just BUY Rad Grenades, as part of their (currently weakish) LA rules I would be happy.
>>
>>51788687
>Maybe DG players dont always want to take the fucking Reaping?

Well then you clearly don't want better Destroyers.
>>
>>51788687
I'm a Creeping Death and Orbital Assault man myself.
>>
>>51785234
>idiots making threads on 'how do i get into 30k?'
Oldfags just bought betrayal (or downloaded it thanks to scananon). Thinks he's a genius. Get fucked m8. You are just some king autist. I would rather game with a noob then you.
>>
>>51785234
>tfw to intelligent

I fall for this meme every time. Curse my flawless grammar!
>>
>>51788517
Did you not read the part where the Blood Angel was a total hero?
BA truly too good for the Imperium. Sanguinius too pure for us all.
>>
File: Emperor_Great_Crusade.jpg (278KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor_Great_Crusade.jpg
278KB, 1280x854px
>>51788421
>>51788457
Table top wise from whats being said, i can really see the grey knight paladins + 1, but even then though, while they grey knights were cheese initially, that had some fairly respectful fluff if i remember correctly (still the emperor better than the rest creation though...)

But as for current running fluff between the custodes and the emperor, i really think it just shits on the what used to be what made 30k. While i can deal with the emperor being a somewhat distant figure with some disconnect, it bothers me to no end that the emperor's portrayal in each passing book just makes him look even worse.

His whole grandeur seems to be fadingin the wrong way, perhaps it's the authors, but he just is being made to look so incompetent for who he is, and perhaps this is a case of ADB pushing the whole ultimate chaos victory thing, but the more i see this go on, it just pulls away from the imperial faction as a whole. Now for context i am a "your dudes" person, and enjoy placing myself in universe to an extent, but for some reason, if your a legion/thunder warrior player/fan, you probably feel replaced in way by the custodes, if your a mechanicum player, you probably feel cheated by the emperor having this vastly superior Terran tech all of a sudden, and as for the regular human elements were is the support of all these amazing things, after all your are fighting for the Imperium of MAN right?

Yeah, i know 30k is still warhammer 40k and grimdark as such, but what happened to 30k (or at least the Unification War and the Great Crusade) being mankind's brightest point in the series?

>At least forge world's fluff is what has been keeping me in 30k new a refreshing aside from the original trilogy of BL books and select short stories

>Just want more of pic related, like how it was/used to be told
>>
>>51788499
I'm in two minds about this. I like the idea of Thunder Warriors as fur-clad savages in visibly primitive servo-armour, clearly deformed by the genetic engineering they've undergone.

But I also like folding them into the "techno-barbarian" idea that some of the Black Library authors have expanded upon. They'd be savage and aggressive, but still humans within a society (and probably quite high-status compared to whatever irradiated jokers are doing the menial labour). So they'd have as much ornamentation as they could manage, their crude gear presumably elaborated on by whatever artisans follow the Emperor's armies around. This is what the Blanche concepts looks like to me. Not layers of precision-machined gold, but bronze gilding that's been hammered all over the original powered armour.
>>
>>51788982
Not even black library can make the blood angels be jerks.
>>
>>51788982
I want them to resurrect Sangy. I don't care how brutally they need to raep the fluff, I want him back.
>>
>>51788994
He comes off well in Master of Mankind, I think. I liked the flashes back to his childhood, and to the Unification Wars. Perhaps because it reminds me so strongly of the Dune series (for obvious reasons).
>>
File: Sanguinor_Leviathan.png (1MB, 743x684px) Image search: [Google]
Sanguinor_Leviathan.png
1MB, 743x684px
>>51789059
IT'S HAPPENING
>>
why is kyr vhalen so cool?
>>
File: 14670875568.jpg (15KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
14670875568.jpg
15KB, 250x375px
>>51789014
>clearly deformed by the genetic engineering they've undergone.

My headcanon has always been that Age of Strike-era techno-barbarians could be made into these fuckheug, ogryn-like creatures with gene tech, but they're all massively over-muscled, lopsided abominations riddled with visible tumours and mutations.

Then the Emperor's Thunder Warriors would come along and be bigger than normal men, sure, but not hulking monsters, more like a moving Statue of David, humanity perfected (baring sudden heart attacks/bouts of insanity) rather than just roided to shit and augmented. And still stronger than the ogryn-like techno-barbarians because of Emperor gene hax.
>>
>>51789059
FUCK NO.
Sanguinius is too pure to get fucked over by some shit tier 'oh yeah he back now' resurrection plot shoehorn ed in.
>>
>>51789170
He's great at variety shows, he always brings the house down.
>>
>>51789059
>I want them to ruin sanguinius
No.
>>
>>51789281
>Celestine and the crusade is in dire need, pledges she will return sanguinius to them if they'll just help her save this backwater agri world.

>Sanguinor accepts her plea, goes with some sanguinary guard and battle brothers of the chapter to help, with a kiss on his cheek of thanks for his aid, Sanguinor is engulfed in holy light and reborn as the primarch.

pls gw
>>
I want to add a couple Levy blobs to my army. Is there any tricks to painting the full 100 models in a reasonable time without an airbrush? Planning to use the Crypt Ghoul models, if that has any bearing on it.
>>
File: hnngh.png (42KB, 162x94px) Image search: [Google]
hnngh.png
42KB, 162x94px
>>51789305
>>
>Lascannon Heavy Support Squads are 40ppm + unit tax

Why even live boys?
>>
>>51789341
undercoate in white, dunk 'em in a dark green/brown/yellow wash for the flesh, pick out details like claws and mouths

good luck
>>
>>51787933
Noice.
>>
>>51789341
You need 4 sprays. GW blaack, GW white, Army painter darker colour, Army painter lighter colour.

>Prime GW black
>SPray down from top to shade the upper surfaces of the model with white
>Spray model dark colour
>Spray model light colour top down, like the white

Add details to taste, either Wash and highlight, or just quickshade dip.
>>
>>51787933
>ywn get high of the chemical flames of burning loyalist with your bros
>>
File: IMG-20170218-WA0023.jpg (887KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170218-WA0023.jpg
887KB, 2560x1536px
Is this cool or heresy?
>>
>>51789089
I think he comes off OK in MoM, but what was the whole theory that he was just playing the custodes up when he was around them and by extension anybody else to make them feel special/help him in accomplishing what must be done?

I recall this being noted as why he referred to the Primarchs by number around the custodes but no one else really (albeit the batshit loyalty of the custodes probably would make it so that doesn't really matter though...)
>>
>>51789436
both
its hera-cool
>>
>>51789436
Fucking phoneposting sorry for the flipped image
>>
File: 20170218_213247.jpg (374KB, 857x1143px) Image search: [Google]
20170218_213247.jpg
374KB, 857x1143px
>>51789382
Now they are done, more or less.
>>
>>51789462
cool. You make me like mk3
>>
>>51789462
I really like your DG. Keep up the good work man!
>>
>>51789179
Techno barbarians were allmost all tribes running around, a lot of terran societies used genecrafted soldiers like the thunderwarriors.

i agree in them being less mutated and horrible, but to me they should be dudes turned into ogryns who are mentally destabilised.

Another reason for Astartes, their minds are NOT human anymore.
>>
>>51789376
That was the general idea, plus a quick Leadbelcher + Nuln/Agrax mix deal on the metal parts here and there.

>>51789385

Not come across that trick yet. Why the first white spray if it's going to be covered with the darker colour? Presumably you could do that then Leather Brown/Barbarian Flesh for the AP sprays?

Seems like it would be helpful if I can manage to not clog all the detail with that many sprays, although I've never used the Army Painter stuff.
>>
>>51789460
At least it's not 6 MB. I think the chaos rock is ok, but I don't really like fancy bases.
>>
>>51789479
>>51789482
thanks
>>51789412
My guys might actually be loyalists after all. I don't think I can make traitor SoS work.
>>
>>51788504
Whoa, whoa, whoa! My love for the Emperor is pure and untainted by such foul thoughts as other Custodes.

Custodes a shit, Emprah best waifu.
t. Custode
>>
>>51789179
I think the space marines and Custodes were like that, the Thunder Warriors were still in that old Terran paradigm, just less brutish and ugly because it was The Emprah making them.
Is there any fluff suggesting that they weren't just created with conventional means, rather than offshoots of magical demigods?

>>51789436
What is it?
>>
File: 1431181786867.jpg (62KB, 720x870px) Image search: [Google]
1431181786867.jpg
62KB, 720x870px
>>51789596
>>
>>51789612
imagining yourself in relations with the emperor is heresy. kys

t. custode
>>
>>51789610
I think the fluff in the first two black books talks a lot about gene modified soldiers being used by terrans all the time and how this one guy in his stratosphere city rants on about that Luna Wolf being such one before he gets shat on.
>>
>>51789462
So what's your total painted force now? I feel like it numbers in the several dozens.
>>
>>51789612
Absolutely disgraceful behaviour, the Emperor is not for sexual. The Emperor is for being a perfect champion and paragon of humanity, sole hope of survival for trillions, anathema of the chaos """"gods"""" and NOT a waifu.
>>
>>51789385
>>Prime GW black
Not a primer
>>SPray down from top to shade the upper surfaces of the model with white
Zenithal highlighting with a rattlecan won't procude any shading

The GW sprays are completely redundant. Prime in a dark color, zenithal highlighting with a brighter spray and a wash would be enough for a lazy scheme.
>>
>>51787737
This is free chainaxes all over again...
>>
File: DG20.png (2MB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
DG20.png
2MB, 1306x980px
>>51789650
These plus the ones I just painted. A long way to go still.
>>
>>51789553
A colour like red applied in any fashion on black will be darker than when applied to white.

You're essentially creating zenithal highlights with a better gradient.

Be sparing with the sprays. Trust in the thin coats. Shake until your arms hurt.
>>
File: DG21.png (3MB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
DG21.png
3MB, 1306x980px
>>51789686
Here's the full squad.
>>
>>51789718
>>51789686

Gnarly, walking down the field and just burning fuckers out of their cover while you laugh about the toxic fumes and billowing smoke.

Death Guard are mean.

>Where have all the Duskraiders gone?
>>
File: IMG_0279.jpg (328KB, 1745x1284px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0279.jpg
328KB, 1745x1284px
>>51789686
>>51789718
pls rub some lf that good painting juju on me papi
>>
>>51789790
Honestly if you just have basic brush control and proper brushes, painting DG is quite simple. Washes and weathering do a lot.
>>
>>51789686
>>51789718
Have you played a game yet? I basically want to do the same thing, but memories of vindicators murdering my footsloggers from 40k put me off a bit.
>>
>>51789815
I'm doing TSues, still working on the concept model since I'm busy with other stuff and usually just throw a coat of paint on before I go to bed every so often
Should really spend a free day finishing him up
>>
>>51789827
I haven't played a single 30k game yet. My previous place didn't really have a 30k scene and I moved to a new city about a month ago.
>>
>>51789827
And now you get to watch artillery murder your footsloggers with impunity in 30k!
>>
>>51789684
>FW writes badly worded rules

More news at 11.
>>
File: 1448460949507.jpg (229KB, 1500x1767px) Image search: [Google]
1448460949507.jpg
229KB, 1500x1767px
>>51789860
>"...there seemed to be no loss they would not accept to ensure eventual victory and no hell they would not endure to reach their foe..."
>>
>>51789926
sadly they didn't account for turn limits and difficult terrain.

I haven't played a game of this shit, I'm just guessing
>>
why isn't the Dracosan a fast vehicle when it's built off the Malcador? It doesn't even have the upgraded hull that makes the Malcador slow
>>
File: anime dorn.png (188KB, 334x334px) Image search: [Google]
anime dorn.png
188KB, 334x334px
>>51789860
*cover saves behind wall*
>>
>>51789948
>difficult terrain

Reaping DG laughs at your difficult terrain!
>>
>>51789977
Same reason the Challenger is almost 10mph slower than the Cromwell, despite being built on the Cromwell.
>>
>>51784317
This is the coolest fucking thing to come out of 40K in years if it's true.
>>
File: 1468431971721.jpg (401KB, 1242x820px) Image search: [Google]
1468431971721.jpg
401KB, 1242x820px
>>51790076
>>
>>51784317
We warp-ghosts nao
>>
>>51789671
hand holding
>>
File: IMG_20170218_212736_276.jpg (1MB, 4608x1978px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170218_212736_276.jpg
1MB, 4608x1978px
Continued progress on my Vlka Fenryka: grey slayer squad Nennir. Shit those marines are all made for bolters, making them close combatants is a pain in the arse, so, thougts?
>>
>>51788315

Custodes are a race of robots, so yes you should expect to not have significant freedom in outlining their motivations.

On the other hand you've played Tyranids or Oldcrons then you already know what's up so it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>51789926
Look that's all well and good, but the amount of long range blast/large blast marine-killing shit in 30k is kind of obscene.
>>
>>51790224
I assume the axe is wip. The others look pretty decent
>>
>>51790224
>making them close combatants
What are your methods? I've always wanted to know if there was any way for basic arms to become melee arms.
>>
>>51788994

Sounds like you're a snowflake bitch desu senpai
>>
>>51790289
Using leftovers and traded bits from 40k yiffs and assault marines for the poses, then freestyling
>>
File: 1486440454116.png (935KB, 436x906px) Image search: [Google]
1486440454116.png
935KB, 436x906px
>>51789649
Here's the bit for reference
>>
Would marines recruited from a legion garrison world during the heresy have access to unique units/gear of that legion?

Thinking specifically of Salamanders w/ Pyroclasts and Firedrakes.
>>
>>51790412

Probably not, but you could just have those specialists stationed on the garrison.
>>
>>51790412
i dont really get what your asking, but every sallie is basically a smith, you can give em whatever you like imo
>>
>>51790412
I guess only if they/the specific gear has been left in the garrison. So pyroclast are probably ok, but firedrakes being vulkans personal retinue makes them a bit outta reach/ would require a lot of creativity
>>
>>51790455
Firedrakes are generic elites until M41. It's Pyre Guard (the Terrans of the Legion) that are Vulkan's bodyguard.
>>
>>51790412
Most legions could be fluffed up as having said gear on station, but i think certain terminator units would be hard to justify aside from just saying that they're veterans at that station
>>
>>51790331
That's some cool fluff, but what do you think this says about the Thunder Warriors vis a vis regular gene crafted humies? That there wasn't enough difference between the Emperor's creations and the man-made gene warriors for a Terran (well, almost-Terran) to tell them apart? That reading can work, but it might also just be that the Panarch of Somon just objected to turning normal humans into genetically warped war machines, and wasn't commenting on their appearance.

>>51790412
If they're solely composed of new recruits, freshly-raised, then no, probably not, unless some of those elite were stationed on that planet as part of the guys doing the "raising" of the new troops, since somebody has to.

What you can do however, if you want them to be uniquely "your dudes", is fluff them as being just the elite raised from that world, but not part of the special elite as it relates to 30k canon.
A bit like how special characters for each are often modified to be unique for "your dudes", something that happens all the time in 40k, where many players don't play the generic chapters and play obscure ones or homebrews.
>>
>>51790013
but the Dracosan should be lighter? It has less weaponry and no turret with no increase in armour.
>>
>>51790224
>wooden shields
>>
>>51790521
Balance, mostly. Fast Vindicator that can also drop in either

>volkite-spam vets

or

>power axe + shroud bomb counter chargers

would be a bit much.
>>
>>51790531
its obviously fenrisian wood and therefore stronger than ceramite
>>
File: 1455077818206.jpg (29KB, 466x466px) Image search: [Google]
1455077818206.jpg
29KB, 466x466px
Why are IW and DG players the only ones here that seem to actually paint their models?
>>
>>51790521
It has a much bigger hull, since it has to pack in 10-20 dudes and crew on top of its armaments, instead of a few crew and guns. Also, they probably didn't soup up the engines as much because speed wasn't seen as important for it as it was for the Malcador. Or it wasn't cost-effective. Or they had to reduce the size of the engine to accommodate all the passengers.
>>
>>51790564
No its actually just normal wood and worth a shit against dedicated cc weapons. Its just for rule of cool raisins
>>
>>51790564
>fenrisian wood is stronger than ceremite
>fenrisian ice is sharper and harder than anything the imperium's metallurgists can make
>fenrisian world spirit provides non-chaotic warp powers, and will rise up against invaders
Mary sue: the planet.
>>
>>51790582
feel free to post your shit m8y
>>
>>51790666
Not until Angelus Satan
>>
>>51790655
That's what being a Maiden World will do for you.
>>
>>51790655
I'm offended you believe some mary sue can compare to the sons of fenris. Nothing can compare to fenris.
>>
>>51790511
Considering the Panarch was specifically criticisizing the Legions and no other faction, I've got a feeling that that his outburst toward the astartes was more of a "you have to resort to genetically enhanced soldiers to beat me, pathetic" sort of thing, albiet he is still actually scared in that he doesn't know what they could possibly do due to being blatantly enchaned
Was also kind of being faced with the join or die ultimatum and unfortunately for him, he struggled to say I surrender
>>
Will we ever get Lucius?
Will we ever get Doomrider?
>>
>>51790701
Will we ever get Saturnine?
Will we ever get Thunder Warriors?
>>
>>51790655
Everything's been downhill since 3e. I can understand kraken teeth being used on some turbo chainsword and that making it good. I can understand using wood as just a decorative material on an otherwise high-tech shield with energy fields (like how skitarii guns have wooden stocks).

I was listening to the Wrath of Magnus video on youtube where they were talking about the attack on Fenris and the stuff they said made me think that there's totally gonna be some wulfen contemptor cyborg thing they're going to make at some point. I'm calling it now.
>>
>>51790701
>>51790724
Will we ever see Dorn?
Will we ever see Terra?
>>
>>51790688
>Nothing can compare to fenris.
Macragge.

checkmate
>>
>>51790743
>wulfen contemptor cyborg
What is Murderfang?
>>
>>51790796
Nah, Macragge's magnificence is entirely the artifice of human hands. It would be a nice place anyway, but nothing special. People, and later a primarch, made it what it was.
>>
>>51790796
macragge is a pleasure world full of romans without the cool bits.
>>
>>51790848
>>51790859

You fuckers better not be talking shit about my planetfu
>>
>>51790847
A mystery dreadnought.

On the video they talked about the dungeons of the Fang containing long lost technologies, the slumbering dreadnoughts and all manner of monsters that the curse of the wulfen has made of the space wolves.

I'm talking about some contemptor that's to regular contemptors what wulfens are to space wolves.
>>
>>51790848
Macragge is responsible for nurturing those people, therefore all of their accomplishments are also the planets.
>>
>>51790903
So a helbrute then?
>>
>>51790905

The fuck kind of logic is that? That's like all of Einstein's accomplishments are his dad's, or Earth's.
>>
>>51788517
All HH novels are garbage, but the lore ADB introduces is worse than most.
The Emperor is an moron.
The Custodians who he describes as philosopher warriors are shallow cunts who are also dumb as fuck.
Angron is daddy issues made manifest.
>>
>>51790773
>Will we ever see Terra?
That's a pretty feelsy thought considering all the loyalists who died defending it without having seen it.

>>51790949
>an moron
>>
>>51790947
>implying earth isn't the best planet because it created the human race
>>
>>51790582
Cos they are piss easy to paint.
>>
>>51790927
On a Contemptor (seeing that GW hasn't made any units on the chassis besides the snap-fit tier BaC one) chassis, more hair and a loyalist one. And most likely way better than any other dread. Because, you know, fuck you.
>>
R8 my first greenstuff attempt. Think it was something like 60:40 yellow:blue
>>
>>51789089
The whole Drachnyen thing and the unkillability of demons is fucking retarded though. 40k is a grimdark universe, that means ANYONE should be able to bite it. and THAT INCLUDES THE FUCKING DEMONS. Otherwise it's not grimdark, it's just faction wank, because suddenly you got a faction who does not need to be afraid of actually getting wiped out and honestly that just makes you stop giving a fuck. Even Tyranids don't offend in that respect because you never knew how many there actually are.
>>
>>51791032
Pretty good
>>
File: IMG_5507.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5507.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>51791032
The attached file would be good
>>
>>51790268
>Look that's all well and good, but the amount of long range blast/large blast marine-killing shit in 30k is kind of obscene.
I never understood why Heavy Support weapons are so goddamn fucking cheap. Honestly this seems to just be a tactics to sell their latest toys.
>>
>>51791043

Didn't the old fluff say you can permanently kill a daemon if you do it in the warp?
>>
>>51791063
You need their true name and typically some other sort of McGuffin device.
>>
>>51791050
Looks like a honeycomb.
>>
>>51790655
There has to have been some reason humanity colonized it in the distant past.

I mean their own creation myth is that the Emperor made Fenris, saw that it was shit, and threw it way.
>>
>>51791043
Drachnyen in MoM is the daemon variant of Draigo : can't be hurt, which means that anything you read becomes comedy rather than serious, let alone grimdark.
>>
>>51791082
It's meant to be the floor of a manufactom of a hive, do you think it's passable?
>>
>>51790977
>every time the other planets claim Earth isn't the best planet it offers to let humans visit other planets
>>
>>51791081
yeah
>old fluff
ex-fucking-actly. But no, Daemons are now unkillable and Drachnyen WILL kill the Emperor because lol-fate. I fucking hate ADB. Way to make my faction boring you cunt. I mean what's the fucking point. Why the fuck would I send my Bloodletters in if I can just sit back and throw cotton wads at mankind because I DON'T HAVE TO GIVE A FUCK BECAUSE I ONLY CAN WIN JESUS FUCK

>>51791103
Honestly Draigo would be ok if he couldn't actually intervene in real space and becomes this Samurai Jack like character casting his defiance in the face of the gods but still being useless. THAT would be grim dark, because on the one hand it shows mankind can resist but on the other hand shows the terrifying scope of chaos.
>>
>>51791118

I could tell you were going for grating or stamped sheet metal flooring right off the bat. It is boring though, you should add wires or little factory detritus about the base.

They have tools that let you roll green stuff into cables and wires. They also have rolling pins to let you do better textures on the base, like the type of metal they use in construction tools and toolboxes and trucks that has the little raised diamonds on it, or 40k style Zone Mortalis patterns. A worthwhile investment, I think. Just buy the pin and roll out hundreds of bases.
>>
>>51791121
>mfw if this were a girl instead of a planet it'd be adorable as fuck

DON'T CRY EARTH-CHAN YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE I NEED

DON'T LISTEN TO THEM THEY'RE JUST JEALOUS SLUTS
>>
File: Morte 2.jpg (172KB, 1280x604px) Image search: [Google]
Morte 2.jpg
172KB, 1280x604px
>>51790582
Because we're stealthy gits.

Also, is that Bruce Willis?
>>
>>51791084
>There has to have been some reason humanity colonized it in the distant past

Could be that colonizing it was seen as a challenge to be overcome, could be that the Age of Strife began before the planet was fully terraformed and the human population tending the machines got stranded.
>>
>>51791084
>There has to have been some reason humanity colonized it in the distant past.
Shipwrecks?

Otherwise it was aliens, psychic shenanigans, or cataclysm making the planet caveman-tier.

>>51791118
Truth be told, I think there are professional-made factory-floor type things that scream "hive/factory" reliably.

I also don't know what aesthetic you're going for with the design on the floor though. Maybe if it's done and painted, it would be possible to judge it better, unless you have a photo of art or an IRL factory floor that looks like your mental image of what you want the final product to be.
>>
>>51791151
Thanks for the suggestion. Seeing several advertised but the ones from 'greenstuff world' seem the best or is there a better company to buy from.
How long do these rolling pins tend to last for i.e. Do they break easily or lose texture after a thousand rolls
>>
>>51791146
>I DON'T HAVE TO GIVE A FUCK BECAUSE I ONLY CAN WIN

And that is where you are wrong. Be more gratefull for the fact that your favorite faction doesn't even win all the time, but even better : it already won !
>>
>>51791118
once its painted metal should look good. Could be tedious to do for every fucking base though
>>
>>51791210

I don't own them so I can't say, but they appear to be very hard clear acrylic rods, so they won't be damaged unless you are the one being dumb and tossing them in a bin of used hobby knife blades, or if you try to roll them on things like copper. For green stuff, even stiffer mixes, you won't be wearing away acrylic with such soft material without doing it for thousands of years.

The ones that would deteriorate are the rubber style base stamps as those aren't hard acrylic.
>>
>>51791221
WELL FUCK ME IN THE ASS AND CALL ME SALLY BECAUSE THAT REALLY ALLOWS ME TO FORGE THAT NARRATIVE, HUH
>>
>>51791249
What is even more funny is that GW seems to think that it is exactly what people want, because a alot of the armies in AoS are basically exactly the same as daemons.
>>
File: 1482903810530.jpg (80KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1482903810530.jpg
80KB, 640x640px
>>51791175
are those yours anon? They are pretty nice. I even saved this picture I like them so much.
>>
>>51791293
That grenade idea is genius.
>>
>>51791293
Yup, those are my Ravens, still pumnping them out slowly, glad you liked them!
>>
>>51791313
It would be better on the right shoulder, as ideally your enemy fires into your left, and if you have grenades on your left they'll blow up that grenade next to your face. Whereas if it's the back of the right shoulder as long as you aren't flanked you're safe
>>
>>51791359
you got an army shot?

Also question the black is just primer then highlighted with metal right.
>>
>>51791175
Corax is a douche.

T. Pale Nomad.

>I really like your operators operating, veterans I presume?
>>
>>51791371
But your right arm is your strong arm. Mounting them on your right shoulder would take extra fumbling with your equipment to get them into the right hand, while just reaching over and taking them from the left shoulder won't.

The safest possible way of doing things isn't always the way people end up doing things. Sometimes convenience wins over.
>>
>>51791371
Grenades generally don't explode when shot, and it makes sense for it to be on the left shoulder if the marine is right-handed (though I think all marines are at least to some degree ambidextrous, if not completely so).
>>
File: destroyers.jpg (726KB, 3504x960px) Image search: [Google]
destroyers.jpg
726KB, 3504x960px
>>51791371
I see those shoulder-mounted krak grenades, and raise them shoulder-mounted rad-grenades
>>
>>51791461
underslung MLs are pretty cool too
>>
>>51791461

Guy on far right is gangsta as fuck
>>
>>51791449
>But your right arm is your strong arm
Only if you're right-handed or if you don't train both arms evenly. Switch hands when wanking :^) Marines are suppose to be ambidextrous.
>>
>>51791446
>Angron stop putting nails in your men
>Lorgar stop worshipping me
>Magnus stop tempting a ruinous fate that ends with everyone exploding into daemons

>Arkhas Fal stop enslaving people

SHOULDA JUST LISTENED MAN
>>
>>51791461
Where'd those missile launchers come from?
>>
>>51791450
Depends. I've seen some footage where high-powered rounds did detonate grenades. Even if the impact itself won't set off the explosive material, you have to remember there's a detonator inside there and if you can set it off, then the rest of the grenade will go as well. And the type of weaponry you're most likely shooting a marine with is sure to detonate those grenades.
>>
>>51791523
>Leman Russ stop humping my leg
>>
>>51791179
Terra forming wouldn't help Fenris. Its problems come from having such an eccentric orbit that the changes in gravity are actually ripping the planet apart and it varies between barely warm enough to sustain life and barely cool enough to sustain life every other season.
>>
>>51791506
>Only if you're right-handed

Lefties were among the first to get lined up against the wall when the Emperor got the ball rolling.
>>
>>51791528
Converted from hunter-killer missiles, GK psilencers and some other parts.
>>
>>51791528
GK psilencer and an SM tank HK missile, by the looks of it.
>>
>>51791528
Looks like he made them out heavy weapon arms and a Hunter Killer missile.
>>
>>51791461
Those look gorgeous!
I am still mad about double pistol destroyeds though, looks a bit retarded.

I want the dreadwing with cypher, now!

But also the Ultras Nemesis chapter....
>>
>>51791562
So no girls, no weirdos (psykers) and now no lefties either

Emps must be xenophobe as fuck
>>
>>51791523
Did he keep enslaving people?
>>
File: Sisters-of-Silence-1.jpg (80KB, 693x384px) Image search: [Google]
Sisters-of-Silence-1.jpg
80KB, 693x384px
>>51791611
He was okay with girls, he just didn't want to hear them speaking.
>>
>>51791643
Was he, dare I say it, /ourguy/?
>>
File: 1472943239744.jpg (4MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1472943239744.jpg
4MB, 2560x1440px
>>51791175
>>51791293
>>51791359
As an anon wanting to start up a RG ZM force tell me your painting secrets bro
>>
>>51791402
Sorry, no army shot so far, I still need to get one in the near future.

>>51791402
>>51791768
As for the black, it's actually basecoated with a dark gray, highlighted with blue grays and then washed three to four times with black wash, taking extra care that each layer is smooth. It provides a very rich black that's much more matte than any paint and a nice depth to it. The metallic weathering is done with silver, washed with black and reapplied in some spots to add depth.

>>51791446
Yeah, vets, half a unit of them in this case.
Corax is kind of a douche, yes, but still my favorite Primarch

>>51791461
Noice! Really like how those destroyers look, don't tempt me to assemble a squad.
Those moldlines make the emperor cry, though.

>>51791562
>It seems I wouldn't be fit to live in the Emperor's utopia, then.
>>
Anyone knows a reason that there are no more plastic Custodians on Ebay? Have GW got run out of Prospero stock or something?
>>
>>51791619
>>51791523
>>51791768
How would you guys paint Pale Nomads btw?

What I saw in Book three looks a bit to dark and not grey enough.

Or should I just go full on Space Sharks grey, with black helmets and/or other bits in black?

Also are there any BL books featuring the Pale Nomads?
>>
>>51791831
>Anyone knows a reason that there are no more plastic Custodians on Ebay?
INFERNO
>>
>>51791799
oh snap on the multiple black washes, I suspected as much. I am tempted to try the same thing but with as silver base with 2 coats of purple and then 2-3 coats of black to give them a super black look like yours but with a purple sheen like ravens wings.
>>
>>51791843
I'm confused. What about it?
>>
File: 1463009687568.jpg (146KB, 554x564px) Image search: [Google]
1463009687568.jpg
146KB, 554x564px
>>51791799
Corax is actually a really moral ghy but I dislike how he treated the Nomads who fought and died in his name long before he was found.

They fucking carried a legion successfully until he was found.

Betrayal!

Why could he not just send them against Xenos and total douchebags?
Especially renouncing the asiatic dustplain tithing rights was a dick moce.

"Lol, I kill your culture."
>>
>>51791873
Custodians stopped being "those useless things you get in BoP" and started to become "holy shit I need to buy thirty of these".
>>
>>51791895
I want to see the affect on the sale of Siegmarines.
>>
>>51791861
Oh, the purple actually sounds like an interesting experiment, might also try that myself.

As for doing it on top of metallics, that's what I actually do on more armoured things, like termies and dreads, gives it a different look, grittier in a way.

Pic related.

>>51791893
I seem to recall some member of the RG calling him out on actually abandoning and sending away the terran-born. Can't remember which one tho.

And yeah, considering how hard pressed he was for men after Isstvaan, I wouldn't think twice to make a booty call to the Ghoul stars, always better to have a few brutally violent legionaries than no legionaries at all.
>>
File: Horvex Full Claws~01.jpg (185KB, 1024x739px) Image search: [Google]
Horvex Full Claws~01.jpg
185KB, 1024x739px
>>51791985
On fuck, forgot my pic.
>>
>>51791985
Exactly. I bet it is one of the reasons he is moping.

>>51791895
I still have mine, maybe should try to sell them now. I need more bits!
>>
Anyone planning on running SoS army? How do they seems to fare?

If only they were not bald knot-heads...
>>
>>51792054
I am sad SoH and SoS do not get to consumate their shared love for topknots.
>>
File: World eater.jpg (149KB, 1000x954px) Image search: [Google]
World eater.jpg
149KB, 1000x954px
This is my world eater
There are many like it
But this one is made out of spare parts laying around in such a way as to unintentionally trigger the hidden butcher nails in every armor autist on hhg
>>
>>51792094
>XVI Legion X Sisters of Silence
I can live with this
Very much so
My LW are getting a SoS detachment added
>>
>>51792193
holy fuck does photos make your best attempt at painting look like shit.
>>
>>51791799
What if I told you that the first two games that they've been used painted those destroyers did rather well ?

First against IW, they killed half a mortar squad, then a couple of marines before getting charged by two 10 man tactical squads. The destroyers won (rad grenades man) one squad fled from CC, the other got wiped out in the following assault phase.

Second game against some Sallies. Killed around 8 tactical marines, 3 flamer marines, and then some marines with plasmaguns. Maybe because of that the Sallies felt the need to disembark with the Firedrakes and kill the destroyers to the last man, but that meant my whole army got to rapid fire the Firedrakes to death in a single turn.
>>
>>51791799
>As for the black, it's actually basecoated with a dark gray, highlighted with blue grays and then washed three to four times with black wash, taking extra care that each layer is smooth. It provides a very rich black that's much more matte than any paint and a nice depth to it. The metallic weathering is done with silver, washed with black and reapplied in some spots to add depth.

Thank you for sharing. Explains why the black looks so nice.
>>
>>51791985
yup going to try the silver,purple, black today, got a dude drying from the base coat now, will post pics if it turns out any good
>>
>>51792054
I won't do more with them than an allied detachment for WB/TS countering.
>>
>>51792222
Yeah, I swear mistakes appear on my models purely from pointing a camera at them.
>>
Will 2x 5 Sentinel Guards +guantlet be enough Troop choice for Custodian army?
>>
>>51792193
THICC
but if blue is highlighted it might work
>>
>>51792218
Well, some SoH did help spank the TS. Didnt they?
>>
>>51792193
the paints

thin them
>>
>>51792228
This sounds pretty amazing.
>>
>>51785234
Calth/Prospero are pretty much entirely responsible for my FLGS having s 30k scene at all. The accessibility of basic troops and terminators made it a much more reasonable proposition than it used to be
>>
>>51791461
>advanced poorfaggotry in action
>>
>>51792329
Enough to do what?
At what points cost?
>>
>>51792362
>>51792381
The only way this shit is getting thinner is if I use an airbrush
>>
>>51791461
You make me want to use destroyers, even if a unit like yours is about 365 points (with rhino and 3 bombs)!
>>
>>51792461
2500pts Custodian-only army. Not sure if 2 Troops would be enough or not, or if they are too expensive pointwise.
>>
>>51792451
>they destroy not just the biosphere but also elitists mental well being.
>>
>>51792369
>Be original member of XVI Legion
>Be part of early campaign against a psyker force
>Assigned a contingent of SoS to assist in a battle during the campaign
>Work well with these silent women, ask if they can remain with your force for the rest of the campaign due psyker presence
>They indicate they wish to remain with you as well
I honestly don't know where this is going but I see some potential fluff here
>>
>>51792494
Well, with Custodians you could consider doing it 3x3, depending on what you think you'll face and whether you'll be using them aggressively or defensively.
Deploying with deep strike or in a vehicle?
>>
>>51792540
Depends on how my wallet may be on March. Why the fuck Coronus so expensive?
>>
>>51792451
>This faggot criticizing well painted and converted models because they're not resin.

Please, show me your undeniably superior shit painted resin models.
>>
>>51792589
>Why the fuck Coronus so expensive?
Because it's resin and a mainstay of the WAAC/hyper-elite army choice.

I'd say if you're deepstriking, MSU sentinels with a solerite gauntlet each (at least) is a decent idea, but if you're going for the vehicular approach, it makes more sense to have larger squads to make the most of their carrying capacity.
>>
File: chew.gif (58KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
chew.gif
58KB, 126x126px
>>51792451
>mfw rather convertin these than buying the resin derpstroyers with ugly as sin missile launghers

Stay mad :^)

>>51792488
They can occasionally shine, but only if your opponent is kind enough to actually field marines (which is rare enough these days) when you got a bit of target saturation and can keep them safe while they do their work.
>>
>>51792619
I'll give you well painted, but the conversion is garbage. The two guys on the left look like they're playing maracas with their pistols and it's the result of trying to use BaC bolter arms and squat legs for action poses instead of shelling out for properly posed resin pieces. It's a bit hard to tell, but the rest seem to look similarly awkward.
>>
>>51792488
We need a troops rite of war to make destroyers useful.

Or an overhaul to give them a properly varied arsenal rather than disposable plasma pistols and a broken reactor attached to a spring.
>>
File: derpstroyer.jpg (27KB, 287x315px) Image search: [Google]
derpstroyer.jpg
27KB, 287x315px
>>51792703
>properly posed resin pieces
>implying implications
>>
>>51791009
Everything is "piss easy to paint" to the lowest standard, or if you over simplify for the sake of meme:

>HUUUR JUST SORAY LEADBELCHER AND DUNK IN NULN OIL
>HUUUR JUST SPRAY BLACK AND LEAVE IT AT THAT
>HURRR JUST PRIME YELLOW AND WASH LIGHT BROWN
>HURR JUST PRIME WHITE AND LEAVE IT AT THAT

See where I'm going?

The main reason IW are often posted is actually simple. Last time we did a sorta survey, every IW player was not-USA, and was actually a solid painter. The notable RG is Mexico Bro.

Someone argued that Europeans oaint better because the hobby is more implemented but I think it's just random luck.
It's also a beneficial circle for IW. Newcomers come in, see plenty of IW posting, get interested, start IW.
>>
>>51792755
Yeah, FW can be garbage at posing as well, but at least the separate pieces lend themselves to good poses instead of "standing still and holding two bolt pistols as if they're a single bolter" ten times over.
>>
>>51791537
>guilliman stop pushing macraxit
>>
File: you-take-the-point.jpg (194KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
you-take-the-point.jpg
194KB, 800x800px
>>51792755
Somebody gave that model the wrong hands.
>>
>>51792849
>Imperiskeptics

>I'm not a heretic or anything, I just don't want too many Terrans here refusing to integrate to our culture
>>
>>51790582
EC, NL, WE and TS are also posted in here semi-reg. Oh and those things that belong to knightanon.
Nobody else ever puts their minis where their mouth is.
>>
>>51792470
did u add water to your paints
>>
>>51792922
Yeah that's about it.

We saw a DA, the first one in ages, but it was a test model.
There's the anon doing every legion on his little neat diorama.

After that, it's the odd poster every e or 4 threads posting a single model to never be seen again.
>>
>>51792908
>Farmers understand that if we come out of the Imperium, then we can lift so much of the bureaucracy and regulation of farmers not just in Prandium but around the 500 worlds, and continue to support Ultramar agriculture.
>The Ultramar asparagus will be just as sprouting, just as delicious: in fact, even better! And that is the point we are trying to make.
>>
>>51792989
Yes man. Of course. Lots of water was used. But it might be that because my paints are old as fuck and gluggy. Or I was too impatient or I'm just bad at painting.
>>
>>51792922
looks like /hhg/ doesn't care much for loyalists
>>
>>51793042
Try using a specially made thinner like Liquitex or Winsor and Newton's Galeria.
>>
File: 1483472031412.png (429KB, 530x419px) Image search: [Google]
1483472031412.png
429KB, 530x419px
>>51793051
>Implying the vast majority of IW and DG players aren't loyalists
I know I am.
>>
>>51793042
I'll use the image of milk consistency, your paint shoudl be like milk. What helped me visualise the right consistency was a dude using a test tube with water and another with milk in it. Milk would go down the end of the tube like water, but slower, and still leave a tiny trace after itself. That's how your paint should behave on your palette.

Don't overload your brush either. Even with proprerly thinned paints, if you have too much paint on your brush it will fuck it up. Remember, most of the time, only the tip of the brush should have paint on it.
To make sure your paint isn't too watery on your brush, use a tip an anon said a couple threads back: very lightly make your brush horizontally touch your tissue, parallel to it, let the moisture be absorbed by it. Flip your brush and do it on the other side of it, again, very lightly, and you should be good. If you followed everything you should have a brush with enough paint with the right consistency. It is not a sin to go back to your pallette for more paint when you're done applying your first load, so no need to overload.
>>
>>51792922
Mechanicum represents
>>
>>51793088
I assume such a product thins the paint but retains its opacity/coverage?
>>
File: Dark Angels WIP 10.jpg (146KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Angels WIP 10.jpg
146KB, 720x540px
>>51793139
>>51792990
I also did DA's and posted them about a year ago, but ended up selling them. Now I have all the regrets with Angelus being announced.
>>
>>51793168
I don't understand it fully, and I haven't used water in more than a year, but I think it's more that the flow of the liquid is more conducive to a good paintjob.

>>51793172
Those are beautiful, especially the middle guy. I would never trade them.
>>
>>51793051
I'll show off my Ultramarines when I've finished something
>>
>>51793132
Ok then its just impatience. If my paint is like the consistency of milk then it would take many many coats. Many coats. God damn.

I also always overload my brush hmm.

I appreciate your advice.
>>
>>51793208
yeah I sold them to make a Word Bearers force...... I felt dirty
>>
How long does it usually take for Games Day showcase models to be actually selling on FW shop?
>>
>>51793280
those are pretty sexy world bearers
>>
>>51793284
>>
>>51785971
>>51785996
Phosphex... rapiers? They're AP3. Phosphex medusas? Worse than S10, which would instant death them.

Graviton imploders? Yeah, they would work. But admech is already stronk, they arent worried about custards.
>>
>>51793283

A long ass time. They showcased the scythes and spears for DG/EC long ago and they only recently came out. Moritat was finished almost a year ago.
>>
How to build a decent solar auxilia list? I have a few preferences (no ogryns, not too many flyers if possible and no allying with marines) but otherwise anything goes.
What makes these guys work? Is it just as simple as selling a kidney and spamming the shit out of their basic troops?
>>
>>51793280
Those are the word bearers that inspired my dark angels, I posted my test model a thread or two ago.
>>
>>51794136
Also, how does the stormhammer match up against other superheavies? Is it worth it over say a normal baneblade?
Thread posts: 445
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.