[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ - star wars general - grey jedi edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 388
Thread images: 65

Previous Thread: >>51514204
Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign
>>
Making a new jedi for my first game of force and destiny. Should I put my last characteristic point in brawn for damage soak or one point in agility to make my aim/stealth/etc better. Though I'm already a shadow so my stealth is going to get boosted by that, but I'm not sure how good damage soak is for later stuff.
>>
>>51539151
How many points do you already have?
>>
>>51539175
4 in Will and 3 in Cunning. I'm getting the extra XP from obligations. Gm is making me take those, it's a mixed party game.
>>
>>51539197
Oh I should mention human.
>>
Hey No Disintegration supplement is out today. Anyone got the pdf?
>>
>>51539245
Gonna probably be a bit. There's only physical copies and I doubt someone is sprinting to the store to buy a book and cut it up to copy. A cool anon might grace use with some choice pics though
>>
>>51539197
What's your role? Are you planning on going full Jedi early and fighting in Melee? That brawn will be key to effectiveness and survival. More of the infiltator? That dice will probably be better used in agility to boost your stealth further and improve your ranges capabilities. Boost dice like sleight of mind are ok but you will probably want a 3 or 4 in an attribute if you want to be decent at something
>>
>>51539084
>Afraid of commitment edition
Why?
>>
Why is grey jedi a thing? I get it if they were some of the 'fallen' who left the order and got a bust put into the library, but even then, why even use the word jedi anymore? Its now cannon again that their are other force cults, and they each have different moral codes, so why even continue to call yourself jedi, especially since you arent one?

Choose to be some nomad adept that learned from the baran 'do sages or from the Ang-Tii or even a reformed witch from dathomir that never joined the night sisters (since not all their force users become sisters)

In a universe full of force users, find a cult you like, that supports whatever character you are making, and play it, instead of all this grey jedi meme trash. Its like 'grey jedi' is becoming the new chaotic/neutral alignment with the title: 'i aint afraid of muh feelins anymore'

I built an illusionist force user for my last EotE/FD group so i went White Current. It was great because i was still the im special force user, and i didnt have to flip shit about moral codes like some goddamn paladin.
>>
>>51539340
Alright, thanks anon. I'll go with Agility then.
>>
>>51539347
Jedi are dead. There's nothing to stop one from taking up the name for their cult.
>>
>>51539348
Also remember that characteristics are more valuable at character creation than traits or skills.
>>
>>51539371
Yeah that's why I've been really trying to get those right, some others in my group weren't worried about it but I told them they can't buy them later so they reworked their stats.
>>
>>51539084
>OP pick for ants compressed five times and filmed through a potato edition
>>
>>51539402
>Peace is a lie, there is only [nonlegible text]
>>
>>51539359
Dead? Really? Obiwan, yoda, Kannan, Ezra, Luke, for the current cannon.

but in the past dwpending on your choices of what is and isnt cannon, at least 3 to 5 hundred survive Order 66, and about a third more die in the purges for the next few years.

See: shaak ti, roan shryne, quillan vos, asharaad hett, and about a dozen more named people. Including Altis and his band of merry misfits, and Kruhk and his ship full of younglings.

An impressive number of individuals, trained to manipulate the fabric of reality manage to do just that and shut the hell up until luke and the other big 6 end the empire.

Its not dead, its not even close.
>>
>>51539447
The jedi as an order, not every last member.
>>
>>51539454
Yeah the order was dead until Luke reestablished it on Yavin IV
>>
>>51539454
How? Once again: its teachings, and its members continue. They even remain semi-active in galactic affairs, the just dont have giant resplendant palace/temples or senate seats anymore. Its like saying a religion that undergoes persecution dies because they no longer get to stand on street corners screaming at you.

Remember that lucas also based this force crap on his views of the catholic church he grew up in. Order 66 is equivilent to the roman purges of the christians under Nero. And much like the church of olden days, it waited until the seat of power was held by a sympathetic ruler before reemerging, as the jedi order did under the New Republic in oldcannon, amd seems to have attempted to do in current cannon.
>>
>>51539402
>>51539420
Here just for you guys ;^)
>>
>>51539531
Would this mean they would attack jedi if the balance was threatened?
>>
>>51539531
>Chaos, yet order
So only bipolar crazies can become grey jedi?
>>
>>51539653
Sound about right.
>>
>>51539612
>>51539653
>>51539706
Being a grey jedi is about using the force to its full potential. The Jedi and Sith are wrong. In order to use the force to the greatest extent possible you must be able to wield both sides of the force. The defensive abilities of the Light combined with the offensive power of the Dark is an unstoppable combination.
>>
File: jolee bindo.jpg (55KB, 352x800px) Image search: [Google]
jolee bindo.jpg
55KB, 352x800px
>>51539347
"Grey" Jedi still called themselves Jedi because they still adhered to most of the Jedi teachings. They just disagreed on Odan-Urr's turbo-Vulcan bullshit. Based on Jolee's words and actions, they still fall in line with the pre-Urr Jedi Code. They are to the OJO what Protestants are to the Catholic Church.
>>
>>51539783
I find it weird that he kept his marriage and training his wife a secret when there was a few Jedi running around with families.
>>
>>51539899
The KOTOR vidya did a lot of weird things. Lorewise, it's only a few decades after TotJ but suddenly everything is reskinned PT bullshit, waifu-hating OJO leadership included. I don't remember much about what happened during the last bits of TotJ, but I don't recall that many Jedi having sticks up their asses yet.

Honestly, Bioware Star Wars writers in general are weird. TORtanic has a Jedi Grand Master who has a goddamn husbando and child, while at the same time giving the player Dark Side points for not shutting down a budding romance in the Jedi classes' starting planet.
>>
>>51539737
I'm gonna try balancing taking hardcore drugs and being a balanced, healthy individual. This will not have catastrophic consequences on my psyche at all and those around me surely won't suffer.
>>
File: excite.png (215KB, 359x332px) Image search: [Google]
excite.png
215KB, 359x332px
>saw Rouge One for the first time yesterday
>mfw that Vader scene (you know the one)
I know it was a bit of gratuitous fan service
but GOD DAMN
>>
>>51540081
This is a result from people misnterpriting balance to mean in the yin-yang sense of light and dark together, or people who just think the sith are too cool to ditch from the setting
>>
>>51540081
You can dumbass. Most US fighter pilots took speed in order to increase their reaction times and improve their piloting.
>>
File: Glitterstim-1.png (110KB, 194x300px) Image search: [Google]
Glitterstim-1.png
110KB, 194x300px
>>51540161
Now my question is, how the fuck are the IG-88s able to use glitterstim?
>>
How useful is a Tech in a 3-man squad? Worth taking?
>>
>>51540145
Yeah it's well made. Haven't seen the bad guys portrayed like that in any other star wars movie outside of the animations.
>>
>>51540153
The Sith, and later, the Jedi, we're the source of the imbalance. The Sith in their quest to use the dark side to conquer the galaxy, and later the jedi as they strayed from their old traditions and fueled the conflict of the Clone Wars. Anakin brought balance to the Force by destroying them both. If the dark side was the source of the imbalance, then why did it awaken with the light side after decades of dormancy in TFA? If the dark side truly is a corruption of the force, then the prophecy of the chosen one was complete bullshit if the corruption came back only 30 years later.
>>
>>51540272
>then why did it awaken with the light side after decades of dormancy in TFA
Dark Side shit sells well (Vader merch, Maul being pushed constantly in marketing, etc.) and most writers are incapable of writing high-ranking Star Wars villains without shoehorning Dark Side shit into it.
>>
File: Vader gets cranky.webm (3MB, 720x308px) Image search: [Google]
Vader gets cranky.webm
3MB, 720x308px
>>51540145
How have you managed to go 2 months without seeing it?
Dunno about 'fan service' except maybe for Evazan and Ponda Baba, but the overall impression I got from it was that someone was paying close attention to all the little bits and pieces that SW dorks will take notice of. The fighter squadrons, things like Vader's actual armour being very close to the Ep4 version, how the stormtroopers talk and what they talk about etc.
About the only things I'm kind of iffy about are the use of CGI Tarkin and Leia, it wasn't bad, but maybe they could have written around it or cut scenes differently.

Yeah, Vader is basically insecticide for anything living
>>
File: Failed_Jedi_EotE.jpg (101KB, 490x670px) Image search: [Google]
Failed_Jedi_EotE.jpg
101KB, 490x670px
>>51540321
Are you actually mad about the force being in Star Wars? Darksiders have been the cause of every single galatic war in the Star Wars galaxy. If you want big bad mundanes go watch Star Trek.
>>
>>51540153
The Force is Eastern in philosophy, but they picked the wrong metaphor.

It's based on Daoism, the Light side IS balance and harmony, the Dark side IS, selfishness and chaos. It's dualist but there's no middle ground, that's the misunderstanding
>>
>>51540486
>Implying Dark Side characters aren't a massive cash cow
And ever since the announcement by the TFA team that the Sith were gone, I was hoping to see more spotlight on evil mundanes, yes. Stackpole and Allston showed us, through Isard and Zsinj, that even regular Imperial officers could be complete bastards with large power bases. Hell, Thrawn got his galactic crisis rolling even before he picked up C'baoth. I wanted to see more guys like Mohc, Zaarin, /swg/ Sienar, and Trioculus.
>>
>>51540530
Isn't Bendu a middle ground?
>>
File: 1453059359055.jpg (399KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1453059359055.jpg
399KB, 1920x1440px
Anyone have any good links to websites for Star Wars soundtracks/ambient music aside from youtube? DMing tomorrow and want some good mood music.
>>
>>51540560
How you use the force is entirely individual, but this conception of gray Jedi completely makes up the idea of balance. You can carefully use the dark side for its power but it had consequences and it's never a balancing action.
>>
File: ebik disney.png (656KB, 652x797px) Image search: [Google]
ebik disney.png
656KB, 652x797px
>blackwashed Pellaeon

gonna off myself lads.
>>
>>51539737
The light side does not exist.

There is The Force, the Dark Side is a corruption of the force.
>>
>>51540600
Good
You will not be missed
>>
>>51540202

In EotE/AoR/F&D? Very. No-one likes their ship falling to pieces, or triggering all the alarms because you didn't have a slicer with you.
>>
>>51540688
Nucanon seems to disagree
>>
>>51540697
>Disney does strong independynt black womyn
>somehow this is okay

kys.
>>
>>51540688
>>51540712
Both Nu-canon and old Legends canon disagree with this idea. That was a very old idea of Lucas that no longer matters, not in Legends and especially not in Disney canon. It can be your headcanon sure, but it sure as hell isn't how Disney are doing it and how Legends did it.
>>
>>51540600
Are they really doing this?
>>
>>51540758
Yeah, just read Cuck Wendig's Aftermath trilogy. Actually if you want to spare yourself the pain, don't.
>>
>>51540688
This is your headcanon dumbass.
>>
>>51540777
>The trips of truth
This truth hurts.
Why the fuck do they have to take established characters and then change them around completely?
What the fuck are they gaining by doing this!?
>>
>>51540785
Name one time in the films where someone refers to the Light Side.
>>
>>51540777

I would hasten to add that the character isn't solely in the Aftermath trilogy; she is also present in the Kanan comic books, as well as the Rebels prequel novel (which explains how Kanan and Hera met).
>>
>>51540758
Let's see what the author had to say about--
>And if you’re upset because I put gay characters and a gay protagonist in the book, I got nothing for you. Sorry, you squawking saurian — meteor’s coming. And it’s a fabulously gay Nyan Cat meteor with a rainbow trailing behind it and your mode of thought will be extinct. You’re not the Rebel Alliance. You’re not the good guys. You’re the fucking Empire, man. You’re the shitty, oppressive, totalitarian Empire. If you can imagine a world where Luke Skywalker would be irritated that there were gay people around him, you completely missed the point of Star Wars. It’s like trying to picture Jesus kicking lepers in the throat instead of curing them. Stop being the Empire. Join the Rebel Alliance. We have love and inclusion and great music and cute droids.

(By the way, the book also has an older woman, a mother, rescuing a man. So if that bothers you, you might wanna find a bunker for hunkering down. And I dunno if you noticed, but the three new protagonists of the movie consist of a woman, a black man, a Latino man. The bad guys all look like white guys, too. So many meteors. So little time to squawk at them.)

Oh. Oh my.
>>
File: free shrugs.jpg (100KB, 500x715px) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.jpg
100KB, 500x715px
>>51540720
>strong independent black woman who is still working for the villains
>acts as yet another counter-argument to the "Empire is skin color supremacist" bullshit claim
>>
>>51540808
Don't forget sexist, too, anon.
>>
>>51540797
>only films are canon
>>
>>51540797
TFA now kys
>>
>>51540826
That, too. I don't see what the problem is. Black woman admiral is proof that antagonists can come from all walks of life, and that you don't have to be white to be working for the bad guys.
>Blue grand admiral
>Samoan Baron that /swg/ desperately wants to be canon
>Pre-defection Finn
>Brown Kiwi clones
>Brown-looking extras playing ANH stormtroopers in Tunisia
>Allegedly Maldivian Death Troopers
>Gray Inquisitor
>Kubaz informant on Tatooine
>>
>>51540796
I don't know if I should read the third one coming out. I mean, I'm already in too deep may as well finish it off and see how bad it gets right?

>>51540804
Rebels... well it isn't good. I'm not even an edgy Legendsfag, it just has no consistency to it. Character arcs are picked up and dropped. Interesting characters are killed or shafted. Empire is made a joke where an ISB Agent (supposed to be loyal to the core) is a Rebel informant and Stormtroopers aren't elite but just mooks for Rebels to kill.

>>51540805
Why the fuck does it matter whether the Empire is white supremacist or not? It obviously isn't, it was never shown as such. It was even clarified that was just one edgy dude on Twitter with no relevance to canon. You don't need an independynt black womyn to justify this.
>>
>>51540942
You could take a bullet for the team and then later on tell others how bad it gets.

Anyways, was there any good parts in those books?
>>
>>51540942
>Character arcs are picked up and dropped. Interesting characters are killed or shafted. Empire is made a joke where an ISB Agent (supposed to be loyal to the core) is a Rebel informant and Stormtroopers aren't elite but just mooks for Rebels to kill.
Filoni cannot make a sympathetic villain without having them swich sides. Pelleaon still best Imperial.
>>
>>51540942
[Spoiler]I like Rebels [/spoiler]
>>
>stupid argument starter OP because there wasn't enough on how grays don't work and aren't real last thread
>>
>>51540942
Anon, you misunderstand. That's a direct quote from the Wendigo. Here's the link, if you feel like getting more mad:

http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2015/09/07/star-wars-aftermath-reviews-news-and-such/
>>
>>51540901
>Pre-defection Finn
Pre-defection he was a janitor. His first and only mission that actually involved being a bad guy he shot zero times and did nothing. That's hardly an antagonist.
>>
>>51540994
So do I anon, but I don't like some of the choices they made. Sabine would be better as just a random Mando girl than being what is essentially royalty, I guess disney needs a Mando Princess too. Also, way to shit on my favourite type of fighter in the training episode. Fuck you Kanan. Kallus and Thrawn are pretty cool I guess.
>>
File: Grand_Admiral_Pellaeon.jpg (68KB, 300x473px) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Admiral_Pellaeon.jpg
68KB, 300x473px
>>51540981
To be fair, Rebels is a kid show. The production team probably thinks it would be a bad idea to show impressionable kids a sympathetic but loyal member of the guys who are supposed to be the Axis Powers.
>>
>>51541073
Every enlisted person in the infantry is a janitor half the time.

Why do people keep acting like this means anything whatsoever?
>>
>>51540942
I liked the Rebels prequel book, it was largely about Hera using her twi'lek wiles to seduce Kanan into joining the rebellion.
>>
>>51541097
>storm trooper
>enlisted

>first order trooper
>enlisted

Really fired my neurons, there, anon.
>>
File: terminal lance defense mechanism.jpg (349KB, 1500x762px) Image search: [Google]
terminal lance defense mechanism.jpg
349KB, 1500x762px
>>51541073
>Pre-defection he was a janitor.
Welcome to the grunt life.

>he shot zero times
That fucking sucks, Trombley. Did your recruiting officer tell you you'd get to shoot people?
>>
>>51540980
Mas Amedda was pretty fun I guess... and yeah I'll do it.

>>51541072
Sorry lad, it was intended for >>51540808 I completely misquoted.
>>
File: 20141215_094148.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20141215_094148.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>51541097
Pic related
>>
>>51539084
"There is no good without evil."

That's where this all goes awry. It's not true. Grey Jedi then are like Evil keepers? They tend Evil but don't let it flourish?

"Oh that's enough Evil now."
"Just the right amount of Evil."

Ugh.
>>
>>51541122
"Enlisted" is a word that here means "not an officer". It doesn't actually have anything to do with whether you willingly signed up.
>>
>>51539737
>>51539531
Someone post based Pablo's truth bomb
>>
>>51539084
So what would be some priority targets when you are part of a boarding actions against a capital ship?

Reactors, bridge, hangar and escape pods pop into my head first.

What else is worth destroying or securing?

Mission would be either capture or sabotage/destroy.
>>
>>51541208
Weapons batteries, navigation, central computer, engines if you're capturing in mid-battle.

And what you said if you're sabotaging or destroying it.
>>
>>51541141
>>51541158
>>51541184
>grunt
>signed up
It's not related at all. First Order stormtroopers are trained since birth to kill and nothing else, they're not just civilian volunteers.

Not to mention, there are less than zero good reasons why they shouldn't have droids doing all of the janitorial duties. It's not like it was a forward base, just get a space roomba and a space toilet cleaner.
>>
>>51541079
I really like how they are handling Thrawn. And I feel that Kallus' defection if believable. Season 2 showed that he has always had doubts deep down, but was loyal because he felt he had no other option, so it is not like this just came out of nowhere.
>>
>>51541167
For every x amounts of lives saved, gotta kill y amounts of child orphans. Gotta keep that scale balanced.
>>
>>51541244
Haha dude I wish command actually thought like you... I would have loved not cleaning the shitters that I wasn't even allowed to use.

But seriously, the cleaning thing makes sense. Not only do you not have to spend money on dedicated janitorial staff (and run the risk of infiltration via that staff), but you can also have something for all those rank-and-files to do to keep them occupied, not thinking about their status, and out of trouble. Saves money and extra security.
>>
>>51541249
>I really like how they are handling Thrawn.
I know he's muh long game, but he hasn't done anything but lose all season, and unless all of phoenix squadron and chopper base get wiped out he'll leave at the end of the season having done nothing, and I'm not sure they're willing to go that far.
>>
>>51541242
>engines
cant believe I didn't think of that

> navigation, central computer,
would these be the same?

>Weapons batteries
I can see these being pretty valuable targets, especially mid battle.

Thanks anon, helped me clear my mind about some objectives I can set next session.
>>
>>51541208
Hyperdrive if you can get at it. Cargo hatch if it's a large hauler.
>>
>>51541324
To be fair, most of the time he is purposely letting them escape, for whatever reason. I do want them to find a way to make him not seem like a failure in the end though.
>>
>>51541324
It took The Clone Wars a bit of time before ramping up the mature stuff, if Thrawn makes a huge comeback that ruins everything they've built up then I'll be satisfied. Worst case scenario they have Thrawn die without doing anything of worth.
>>
File: x-com rookies.jpg (75KB, 612x336px) Image search: [Google]
x-com rookies.jpg
75KB, 612x336px
>>51541367
Hopefully, his big plan will accomplish something more impressive than killing Phoenix Squadron. Is their turnover rate still worse than X-COM's?
>>
>>51541342
Not necessarily, the computer handles a lot of stuff afaik...
I'm a bit sketchy on new locations, but I do remember there being a separate navicomputer system in Legends.

No worries anon, have fun!
>>
>>51541383
>It took The Clone Wars a bit of time before ramping up the mature stuff
Are you ready for the inevitable ezra x sabine romance arc?
>>
>>51541408
I'm more looking forward to the Thrawn x Hera subplot
>>
>>51541408
Sabine is probably going to die since she'll try to turn the Mandalorians against the Empire, and with a clear target Thrawn will invade Mandalore and wipe out the Rebel sympathizers, making Sabine the worst Mandalore in their history.
>>
File: mandalorian shitposter.png (303KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
mandalorian shitposter.png
303KB, 900x900px
>>51541472
>invade Mandalore
Fuck off we're full
>>
>>51541472
>Sabine is probably going to die
The chances of that are astronomically low. The tumblr reaction would cripple the show.

>Thrawn will invade Mandalore
Why? The empire already has a huge base with a training facility there.
>>
>>51540184
Maybe they decided to see what the hype was, and coded a digital version for themselves?
>>
>>51541472
>worst mandalore
>not the one that lost to Maul and led to republic, and later imperial occupation to begin with

If anything, she will be a martyr
>>
>>51541408
Yeah, fuck it let's go. May as well get it done with
>>
File: 1484719565368.png (506KB, 480x700px) Image search: [Google]
1484719565368.png
506KB, 480x700px
>>51541519
>Tfw you will never be a glorious Mandalorian Crusader
>>
Did you know this /swg/?
>>
>>51541634
Not the first time they made a mistake, desu.
>>
>>51541664
Agreed.
>>
>>51541208
Communication lines, lifts, elevators corridors to prevent repair teams from reaching their destinations.
Power gird centres.
Make a hull breech and proceed to destroy more and more interior doors. Troopers in SW seems to lack any space worthy uniforms so hull breech may be a serious problem.
>>
>>51541634
>Rebels bringing shield generators
That only brings up more questions. Why did the Endor fleet bring them in the first place when victory was not a complete certainty? Why did they waste that transport space on planetary shields instead of more anti-ship munitions or starfighters? How did they store enough planetary shield generators to cover the entire moon with so few transport ships?
>>
>>51541703
Hyperspace travel is portrayed as being pretty fast. Maybe they shipped them in after the battle was over?
Alternatively, they could have just parked a bunch of ships on the ground and/or cannibalized damaged vessels.
>>
>>51539347

Aren't they the original Jedi way? It's the more 'Modern' Jedi Order that theoretically should have the new name.
>>
>>51541742
Wouldn't that debris be traveling pretty quickly, too? The transports would have had to confirm it was all clear, jump into the system, organize a construction plan that optimizes shield coverage, organize the setup of power generation infrastructure, land, travel to their designated construction sites, assemble the generators and their power supplies, all while the debris was still en route to the surface.
>>
>>51541703
They could have brought them in those unarmed GR75s, brought them to the battle as tenders/support and afterwards they could perform rescue operations/salvage
>>
File: Battle_of_Endor.png (944KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_of_Endor.png
944KB, 1280x544px
>>51541742
The Death Star looked pretty huge in the skies of Endor, despite having a diameter of 160 miles (assuming Death Star I dimensions, I know the second one was larger but I don't think its dimensions have been released in nucanon), meaning it had a low orbit, backed up by this shot of the battle. The rebels would have had to IMMEDIATELY begin that operation in order to stop the surface from getting fucked. They wouldn't have had time to wait for backup, even with hyperspace. .
>>
>>51541703
They could have just repaired Endor's shield infrastructure.
>>
>>51541997
Didn't Han throw a rather large quantity of explosives into the bunker's sensitive bits? Seems like that would still be pretty hard and time-consuming to fix.
>>
>>51542020
You could rationalize it as Han blowing up only the projector for the Death Star and the Endor shield was still up.
>>
File: hera-syndulla-4_b01cdcaf.jpg (324KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
hera-syndulla-4_b01cdcaf.jpg
324KB, 800x450px
There are people that don't take the lightsaber specialization of their career first in Force and Destiny.
>>
>>51541997
Yeah, I'm sure that could have been done fast and easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWlV8LrymuA
>>
>>51541265
That's not it at all, no good without evil acknowledges that the fight against evil is without end and that peace os a goal to pursue, not to actually catch
>>
>>51542045
Endor itself wasn't shielded.
>>
>>51542131
Yeah it was. Which was why the Rebel fleet didn't just skim down and blow up the fleet themselves. Or sneak in a commando team outside the front door.
>>
File: top gear challenge.jpg (64KB, 627x343px) Image search: [Google]
top gear challenge.jpg
64KB, 627x343px
>>51542056
>Your challenge is to construct a functioning planetary shield generator in the space of two hours. If you do not finish construction in two hours, the Death Star debris will crash and everyone on this moon, including you, will die. If you build it improperly, you will die. And even if you do build it properly, you may still die.
>Oh cock.
>Well, how hard could it be?
>Don't say that!
>>
>>51542175
Raith Sienar could do it...
>>
>>51540828
Now that Disney owns it that is absolutely true anon.
>>
>>51539737
>The defensive abilities of the Light combined with the offensive power of the Dark

You know that KOTOR's mechanics aren't Canon, right? As game mechanics they're not even Legends. They're game mechanics. It's like saying that stormtroopers have a health bar because of Battlefront 2 or that both sides were teleporting down to command points on Geonosis.
>>
>>51542330
That's not true at all. Both Clone Wars and Rebels are canon, along with a bunch of new books and comics. There were a bunch of references to Rebels in Rogue One. You could see Chopper on Yamin IV, and one of the Rebel pilots had a Phoenix on his helmet
>>
>>51542335
What the fuck are you talking about? I never said anything about Kotor (what ever the fuck that is) or game mechanics
>>
>>51542054
>tfw Caamasi
>tfw I'm a diplomatic consular
>tfw I strive to be a pascifist but my allies are murderhobo fucktards

This is going to be a long campaign
>>
>>51542387
Not to mention they called for general syndulla on the loud speaker and the ghost participated in the final battle.
>>
>>51541408

Betting that it gets triggered in season 4 after Ezra starts taking on a Mentor role to a younger girl who is surviving on the streets, is pretty, force sensitive and appreciative of Ezra and is Mara Jade on infiltration duty as Emperor's Hand
>>
>>51542330
>what are the cartoons
>what are the comics
>what are the books
>>
>>51542436
>Ghost participated in the final battle

Was it actually shown?
>>
File: jedi-surrounded-by-sith.jpg (130KB, 1200x1024px) Image search: [Google]
jedi-surrounded-by-sith.jpg
130KB, 1200x1024px
>>51542432
>tfw the setting is Star WARS
If you want to special snowflake pacifist go play a Gandhi rpg.
>>
File: rogueone-ghostB.jpg (190KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
rogueone-ghostB.jpg
190KB, 1500x844px
>>51542477
Yep
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 1024x495px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 1024x495px
>>51542447
>betting on that spoiler text
Wouldn't count on it/10

They could do the little girl from the ahsoka book.

>>51542477
This could be just another VCX-100, but we also see chopper before this and they mension General Syndulla, so the odds are low that it's not the ghost.
>>
>>51542479
>be obi-wan playing TPM
>GM tells you you're starting out on a diplomatic mission as an ambassador
>instantly turns it into a large scale battle
>get so mad at the GM you hide in the ship all next session
>>
>>51542496
>>51542511
This makes me wonder what will happen to Kanan and Ezra. Yoda told Luke that he will be the last of the Jedi when he dies, and Luke is clearly the last Jedi in episode VIII.
>>
>>51542573
Yoda could have lied to protect them in case Luke was turned, but they have like six more seasons confirmed to get Kanan and Ezra killed.
>>
>>51542573
>>51542602
They died during rogue one when their ship crashed in Vader's star destroyer
>>
File: Mon_Calamari_NEGAS.jpg (21KB, 250x320px) Image search: [Google]
Mon_Calamari_NEGAS.jpg
21KB, 250x320px
>>51542571
That was pretty clever actually
>>
>>51541905
Endor is a moon itself and the DS has always been considered a "small moon"
>>
>>51539084
Grey code:
0 0
0 1
1 1
1 0
>>
File: its that time again.gif (5MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
its that time again.gif
5MB, 720x405px
>>51541200
>based Pablo
>the guy who forced a shitty retcon because he got asscrashed WEG got contradicted once
>dumping decades of lore, good and bad, for uninspired diarrhoea
>based
>>
File: Kylejan.jpg (68KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
Kylejan.jpg
68KB, 640x300px
>>51542573
>Luke is clearly the last Jedi in episode VIII.
>tfw the writers probably aren't bro-tier enough to reveal that "Jedi" in the title was meant to be a plural the whole time
>>
>>51542658
Naw, none of the ships in that scene have the VCX-100's engine layout.
>>
>>51542699
0x808080
>>
>>51542694
What's your point? The Earth would be considered a moon if it orbited Jupiter. It has nothing to do with size, it's a moon as long as the barycenter is below the surface of the planet it is orbiting.
>>
>>51542054
>using lightsabers
>not just force enhanced blaster play

It's like you like being sub optimal.
https://youtu.be/U02E2sjwlLM
>>
>>51542725
Old lore is not necessarily new lore, but they are taking in huge parts of the past lore. It's really the best way to do it, seeing as the old lore was such a convoluted mess.
>>
File: anakin gunslinging.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
anakin gunslinging.webm
2MB, 800x450px
>>51542815
>>
>>51542823
>taking in
More like bastardising. We've already seen them do a soulless knockoff of Toprawa and completely shit on the original trilogy's character development, and that's just the post-Disney movies
>>
>>51542840
Something like that, but better animated.
>>
>>51542840
That's just straight up gunkata. I love it.
>>
>>51542878
There's being disappointed something you like is less cool to you now and there's just being belligerent. Which are you?
>>
>>51542945
>he doesn't like the retcon
>he's either a jaded old man with rose-tinted goggles or an angry contrary cunt
Is it really that impossible to think the retcon/reboot was a huge mistake?
>>
>>51543065
All the old shit desperately needed to be cleaned up. If a few good things have to go to get rid of all the undeniably trash things, so be it.
>>
>>51543065
TFA and Rogue One were pretty big mistakes. We didn't need the worl the characters put in wasted as it was in TFA nor did we really need to know how the Death Star plans got to the Rebellion, especially since all the main characters were boring as fuck with no development.
>>
>>51543095
Get fucked, I'd rather have fucking Karen Traviss than the likes of Jar Jar Abrams and Cuck Wendig trying to write Star Wars.
Chucky should never have tried to do something that wasn't White Wolf, at least he was tolerable there.
>>
>>51543095
It would have been nice if they'd kept some of the good things that made sense (Stackpole/Zahn/Allston pre-Vong, Imperial Civil War, RotS novelization, etc.) and worked around those. At least then, it would have prevented the abortion that is Aftermath.
>>
>>51543121
Hope they make one detailing the theft of the Death Star II Intel so we can get some Bothan action
>>
>>51543171
I'll freely admit I'm not a fan of TFA, but MAYBE they'll pull something out of their ass in the later movies that will make it not suck.

>>51543169
>cuck cuck cuck cuck
>>>/tv/
>>
>>51543193
>Bothan action
>It's just R1's Darth Vader scene extended to two hours with Bothans in place of humans
It would be like watching the deadliest, most retarded relay race in the galaxy.
>>
>>51543233
I would watch it, I would even pay to watch it in a theater
>>
>>51543233
This needs to happen
>>
File: laughing james.jpg (26KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
laughing james.jpg
26KB, 500x333px
>>51543228
>say "cuck" once
>hurr go back to /tv/!
No
>>
File: neat.png (175KB, 294x293px) Image search: [Google]
neat.png
175KB, 294x293px
>>51542840
>No... not without incident
>>
>>51543228
But anon, Wendig is an unironic cuckold. This isn't like those /pol/ memes, he LITERALLY IS A KEKOLD.
>>
>>51539653
Just people who acknowledge that when you take a pretty orderly hammer and strike a pretty orderly wall you get a lot of chaos as a result. Especially if that wall was not yours.
>>
>>51543193
I just want whatever characters they have to get actual development so that we care when they die.
>>
>>51539084
>Grey Jedi Code

No! For fuck's sake, no. Not only is every variation of a "grey code" I've seen some terrible half-baked wank that doesn't nearly pull off the gravitas or power or memorability or half a dozen other qualities that the sith and jedi codes have, A CODE IMPLIES TRADITION. A code implies a school of teachings, something being passed down, students and masters.

Grey Jedi DO NOT HAVE that kind of tradition. They cannot have it, not only because the kind of person who can successfully be a grey jedi is far too rare for them to be able to find each other, but because every grey jedi finds a different sort of very personal balance within themselves based on their own unique experiences of the light and dark sides of the force. If you're a grey jedi and you try to pass on grey jedi teachings, you're going to find that, whoops, all your students were wannabes who they and you thought were top shit but ended up just derping their way to the dark side completely.

And if you don't have a school or a tradition, then you're just making up a fancy over-complicated code for no-one but yourself. And that just looks pretentious and stupid, like some fedoralord with a katana who's made up a rhyme covering his idea of personal rules of conduct that he thinks are cool, and then scrawled it under a picture of his OC donutsteel on deviantart.
>>
>>51539084
>The Grey Code
Comes off more as self-superior than either of its alternatives (which is impressive in its own right), and raises the question: If there is no light or dark side to the Force, what are you 'keeping the balance' of, exactly?
>>
File: manny both hanz.jpg (64KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
manny both hanz.jpg
64KB, 300x263px
>>51543495
Manny Both-Hanz died for our sins. Never forgetti, resti in spaghetti, Manny.
>>
>>51543503
>>51543512
You don't have to samefag. Your second post could have been in the first one cretin.
>>
>>51543564
Literally a coincidence.
>>
>>51543503
There's nothing wrong with a personal mantra to help yourself stay on the right path, it's just that OP can't help but suck cocks.

>>51543564
The posts are under 30 seconds apart, senpai.
>>
>>51543564
>buttblasted because his retarded as fuck fedora-teir mantra that makes no fucking sense is getting torn apart
>>
>>51543503
The Grey Jedi Code:
In lightest day or darkest night,
No cause you name is worth the fight.
But if I'm bored,
Then yeah, I might.
>>
>>51542840
I looked up those unfinished episodes a while back, we're kind of a treat, wish they could have polished them for release
>>
File: samefag.png (127KB, 648x452px) Image search: [Google]
samefag.png
127KB, 648x452px
>>51543564

Yeah?

>>51543579

The idea of grey jedi having a code is still dumb, though. Having a code implies a sense of pride, which, guess what, all these codes always feel like they have, with the false-humility "ooh i have such a hard time but i'm cool though, let me talk about "I" and "me" some more". For the sith talking about themselves so much makes sense but the grey jedi aren't about that shit. Every single grey jedi is someone who's fucking damaged, they've been to the dark side and back and that journey is one littered with pain and fuck-ups. They know for a fact their own flaws and how bad they can be, it's knowing that and keeping it at arms length while still using it that lets them be a grey jedi.

None of them would think so highly of their own status as grey jedi that they'd make up some "grey jedi code".
>>
>>51540145
That was delicious.
>>
>>51543579
>>51543503
Trouble is the world is full of wannabes, people who think they are wiser and smarter then the established groups, and there is nothing wrong with questioning established wisdom, but one must also consider it may be established for a good reason
>>
File: Waste of Time.jpg (97KB, 329x576px) Image search: [Google]
Waste of Time.jpg
97KB, 329x576px
>>51543668
>Hey, the supreme chancellor dissolved the senate and built a planet-destroyer laser moon. Think we should do anything about that?
>Shut up dude, I'm watching the Pazaak galactic championships.

>>51543696
I was just talking about your
> you're just making up a fancy over-complicated code for no-one but yourself
rant. There's nothing necessarily wrong with that.
>>
>>51543696
So a proper grey Jedi is like a 40k psyker, they know the power is not to be trusted and are on a wire act to use it as needed without it eating them up inside out, and they take no pride in what they are because on some level what they are is wrong
>>
>>51542477
Twice. Once at Yavin right in the beginning, and again at Scarif.
>>
>>51542511
They confirmed it's 100% the Ghost.
>>
>>51539084

Grey Jedi and the yuzan vong and the living force stuff are the main reasons I am sincerely glad the expanded universe is non-canon.
>>
>>51543854
Those were all the best parts of it... I'm just happy to be free of the clone emperor saga
>>
>>51543854
The living force is canon though, and it flows into the cosmic force. Unless you are talking about a book or something.
>>
>>51543812
Not really. Jolee is the most iconic character associated with the term, and he was basically just a Jedi who was cool with emotion. Proper Grey Jedi are merely Jedi who reject the absolutism of Odan-Urr's Jedi Code. They still hate Dark Side juju, they still walk in the light (fuck KOTOR's lying morality slider).
>>
File: latest[1].png (123KB, 194x300px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
123KB, 194x300px
>>51542747
Wow Jan looks nothing like her XWM card
>>
Fuck off with this "grey" nonsense. Gimme more Force users who just use their powers as they please, with no regard for any half-baked philosophy. Give me Force-wielding bad guys who do bad shit for normal human reasons, instead of doing bad shit because their nonsensically evil creed demands it.
>>
>>51543881

Oh yeah I forgot about those.

>>51543887
I'm talking specifically about the some of the crazy garbage that happens in the name of "the living force" late in the SW EU, such as someone full out using force lightning but it's okay because its good force lightning from the living force.
>>
>>51544061
The only thing like that I remember happening like that is when Anakin Solo was pouring "good" force lightning from his fingers when he was fighting the Vongs.

And people say Nucanon is trash.
>>
>>51544138
Give it time. Wendig still has a third opportunity to disappoint us even more than he already has.
>>
>>51544195
That's horrid.
>>
>>51544195
>that prose
>Kyle Katarn was cut from canon for this
>>
File: 1486057905805.jpg (69KB, 800x990px) Image search: [Google]
1486057905805.jpg
69KB, 800x990px
>>51544262
The most horrible part is that with Stackpole still gone and Allston dead, Wendig is the only one writing post-Endor Wedge. Stackpole's amazing dogfights? All the Wraiths we got to know and love? Adumar? Gone, like tears in the rain.
>>
>>51544304
Allston is dead?! I had no idea! That's like a good 10th of my childhood gone now... Damn.
>>
File: old snake salute.jpg (110KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
old snake salute.jpg
110KB, 1024x576px
>>51544431
He's been dead since 2014.
>>
>>51544262
It's not like that's every canon book. Only the 3 written by wendig.
>>
>>51544456
What books are actually good?
>>
File: imrs.jpg (21KB, 480x289px) Image search: [Google]
imrs.jpg
21KB, 480x289px
>>51544195
>>51544304
>>51544262
>tfw Temmin "My Parent Needed to Save Me, A Grown Adult" "I Build Droids Out of Donut Steel" "Named After a Nervous Habit" Wexley is the replacement for all the Rogues and Wraiths...
>>
File: 1483147843498.jpg (160KB, 760x430px) Image search: [Google]
1483147843498.jpg
160KB, 760x430px
>>51544195
...What the fuck.
>>
>>51544478
Basically anything by Claudia Grey, if you can get past a slight YA bent (which we all can if we watch TCW and Rebels)
>>
>>51544478
The ahsoka book is okay. It's also read by her VA on audible.
>>
>>51541208

Bridge, Engineering, Aux Control Center, Main Armory, Computer Core, Hangar Control, Fire Control Center, Etc...
>>
>>51544488
>those digits
>that Tarkinpost
No, Tarkin, Wendig's god-awful book is not sufficient justification to start the Kyberkristallnacht.
>>
>>51544478
Tarkin is decent enough, but then it was probably mostly done before the changeover and only slightly modified for nucanon
>>
When people cry about how its possible for people not to believe in the jedi after only a few decades they fail to realize that even at the height of their power the jedi were only 20,000 strong. That is an infinitesimally small number compared to the quadrillions in the galaxy.
>>
>>51545089
I think Kanan specifies that there were 10,000 when he was Ezra's age. Still. They had a giant Temple on Coruscant, and had thousands of years to mark their mark on history, while the Empire only had 20 years to erase it.
>>
File: TIE mauler.jpg (148KB, 758x600px) Image search: [Google]
TIE mauler.jpg
148KB, 758x600px
Hey you!
Are you in the Empire's service and suicidal?
Is TIE fighter duty not suicidal enough for you?
Then do we have the position for you!
Introducing, the TIE Mauler! No shield, paper thin armor, weak cannons, and speeds so fast you'll probably going to crash into a wall! Perfect for your everyday suicidal needs!
And if that's not enough, we'll throw in the complementary self destruct button!
>>
>>51545089
Numbers are not really relevant. Its a galaxy where news can be transmitted across thousands of light years in less than a second. And the Jedi were openly active on the galactic capital for centuries.
>>
>>51545212
Most humans don't live longer than 120 years and if the empire can build a death star in a couple of years I am sure they can wipe out knowlege of a super reclusive sect.
>>51545229
I don't think the holonet works like that. There are plenty of planets that probably don't tune into the Imperial Center news network
>>
>>51543503
I always thought designating independent Force Users with some catch-all phrase is stupid. Just call them what they are, Force Users unaffiliated with any major (Sith, Jedi) or minor Force Order. Their whole shtick is that they're not affiliated, why would they call themselves 'Jedi'? In most of material they don't either, Jolee doesn't go 'Oh, I'm a Grey Jedi. Here's what we do', he goes 'I'm just a dude with Force Powers and a lightsaber', same with Kyle Katarn etc.
>>
File: Obi_Wan_Ben_Larry_Steve_Kenobi.jpg (20KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Obi_Wan_Ben_Larry_Steve_Kenobi.jpg
20KB, 720x405px
>>51542571
Ahahaha it took me a minute but thats good.

>yfw dm doesnt care and lets your "master" the chick who rolled a noble, the dmpc magicalrealm kid, and the litterally useless frogman comedic relief characters get all the EXP
>>
>>51544478
I read A New Dawn and Bloodline and both were good.
>>
>>51543121
>character development

Why? Why is this even an argument?
>>
>>51545495
Not sure about A New Dawn but Bloodline is the GOAT of the new Disney canon.
>>
>>51545578
Some people want actual depth to the characters they see for 90% of the movie they're watching.
>>
>>51545578
Character development is a word pretentious pseudo intellectuals use in order to make themselves sound smart to others. When they don't like or understand something they say it lacked "character development".
>>
>>51545397
I agree, what's the point of eschewing titles if you're just gonna label yourself with a different title.
>>
>>51545609
>"hurr durr" : anon February 17
>>
>>51544478
All of them except Aftermath. I'm not joking
>>
>>51545637
No, character development is a word that means that the character has developed over the course of the story, sometimes in subtle ways! It's entirely possible to hate a movie that can't stand up on its own merits for many reasons, the lack of the characters having any actual development being one of them.
>>
>>51545609
But, why? It had plot to move the story, it didnt need character progression. Most movies are based around a charachter's personal needs, so progression and plot are the same. R1 didnt need charachter progression because the plot wasnt personal. In almost no way did anyone really care about anyone else, or need them. The only essential character was Dad Orso for making the weakness for the rebellion to exploit.

This isnt the first time this has happened, and it isnt exclusive to a good movie. Look at Raiders of the Lost Ark, Back to the Future, any number of war or sports movies. Any movie where an objective assigned by a group is the basic plot can be written this way.

The entire movie was the rebellion getting the plans, for its own use. To that end everything is expendable, and everyone is expendable too.
>>
File: 1486141726363.jpg (35KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1486141726363.jpg
35KB, 700x525px
>Reading through Black Fleet Crisis for the first time. Have to suffer through Luke chapters to get to Lando and Leia chapters
Kill me.
>>
>>51545926
>But, why?
So the viewer would give a shit when they died at the end. The beach at the end with Jyn and Cassian was obviously intended to invoke some emotional response from the viewer, but instead they left the theatre saying, "Hey, that robot was kinda funny, what was the name of asian man or his brother asian man?"
>>
If one happened to be a force user was trained by a ex-sith or ex-jedi, and a current jedi came across them, would the current jedi pester the force user to join or can they leave that person be? Would active Jedi and Sith be like telemarketers for the force user?
>>
>>51546161
Jedi acknowledge the existence of other force orders, and generally leave them be, they rarely proselytize or try to recruit as the republic does that for them, by recruiting force sensitive children when they're very young or born.
>>
>>51546074
Because they're used to shit characters with "charisma" as a stand-in for investing themselves into art.
>>
>>51545965
I honestly wonder if the luke bits weren't written and added after the other bits at publisher request
>>
>>51546161
Luke's NJO absolutely would, it was basically how he found half the members. I don't think the OJO would, though
>>
>>51546710
It's actually probably not far off from the truth, given how odd the Bantam era was.

On a side note, the author used to teach at the school system I went through, though he left well before I could have had him as a teacher.
>>
>>51545926
Some movies can do with no character development, but Star Wars put a great emphasis on it. It's very much central to its movies.

Lucas used and abused Joseph Campbell's stuff, the whole deal with the Force is for the OT pretty much there to be fuel for Luke's character development, the Prequels themselves were pitched as being about Anakin's transformation into Vader...
>>
>>51545215
I am entirely convinced this is a Sienar Original (tm) design. No one else could be drug fueled enough to think this was wise.
>>
>>51540600
Pallaeon? I thought that character was a different one.
>>
>>51547208
OT and PT were trilogies. R1 is a standalone sidestory. Most people including myself thought it was good so off yourself. Yeah the charcters weren't the best but who cares they were gonna die anyway. Make them too beloved and people would get pissed that they died.
>>
>>51542815
Literally the stupidest thing I've ever seen.
>>
>>51542815

There seems to be kind of fuck all for enhancing a soldier going into the force who wants to keep shootan dudes, I've found.
>>
>>51547901
>it's okay that the characters died because I don't want to care about a character who dies
Are you kidding me right now?
>>
>>51545723
>No, character development is a word that means that the character has developed over the course of the story, sometimes in subtle ways! It's entirely possible to hate a movie that can't stand up on its own merits for many reasons, the lack of the characters having any actual development being one of them.

People keep criticizing the character development in R1, except every single fucking person who complains about it missed or forgot half the movie. Examples of character development:

Jyn goes from beating up the Rebels who came to save her, to merely tolerating the Rebellion because the whole thing was about her father, to being a true believer and willing to sacrifice herself for the cause.

Cassian goes from being willing to kill a man in cold blood for the Rebellion to not being able to kill Galen Erso as ordered.

Baze goes from being a cynical skeptic who no longer trusts in the will of the Force of Things to embracing it and returning to his faith in his final moments.

Not liking characters is not the same thing as having characters with no development. Fuck.
>>
>>51548066
Jyn does a 180 in a single conversation. This is what bad writing looks like.

Cassian knew that he was supposed to kill Galen, but he never could have gone through with it. Baze knew when he left the ship that he wouldn't do it.

Baze always knew the force was real, he just didn't want to trust it completely like all those dead jedi.
>>
>>51539084
there is no light side,njust the force

the dark side is a corruption of the Force
>>
>>51543423
>Wendig is an unironic cuckold
Wait wait wait wait wait.
For real? Or are you just saying that because he's the archetypical numale and probably has a cuckold fetish?
I need to know, please fuel my hate of Wendig
>>
Is there such a thing as a nice sith? Like a full on cackling, lightening wielding, Ewok punting Sith that donates to charity and has a nice family life.
>>
>>51548066
>Baze goes from being a cynical skeptic who no longer trusts in the will of the Force of Things to embracing it and returning to his faith in his final moments.

Who?
>>
>>51548315
Asian man's Asian brother. The one with the gun.
>>
>>51548277
No. The closest you'll come is Darth Vectivus from Legends, who was "meh, I'll use the dark side but whatever" and was only actually "canonized" (by that, I mean that he was someone that actually existed, not just a story even in-universe) by some secondary sources.
>>
>>51548146
Jyn is confronted by her past, in the form of her father's recording and Saw asking the right questions. Upon seeing the destruction that the Death Star causes, Jyn goes from "I just don't look up [at the Imperial banner over us]" to "We have hope!"

It's not bad writing at all. If you saw an entire city wiped out, while hearing that your father made sacrifices to make the weapon able to be defeated and having your mentor call you out on being coldhearted, you would do a 180 too.

Cassian absolutely could and would have killed Galen. Cassian's character flaw was that he didn't trust. He was paired with a droid because he doesn't trust other people. Instead of trusting the Rebel informant in the beginning not to squeal to the Empire, he murders him. Then he's asked to trust Jyn and trust Galen, even though he has no evidence - it's just blind trust.

And Baze didn't trust the Force because his temple was razed by the Empire, but then swapped because of friendship, or something. Doesn't matter, it's still development.

None of it is bad writing. It's just not a movie where they hold your hand to explain every thought the character has, so that people like you can keep up.
>>
File: SailBargeCutaway-SWFB.jpg (165KB, 1280x816px) Image search: [Google]
SailBargeCutaway-SWFB.jpg
165KB, 1280x816px
Seems weird to me that, on a board dedicated to storytelling games, people complain about stories.

Go tell your own if you don't like how someone else is doing it. You've got all the tools.
>>
>>51548405
>/tg/
>Not complaining about any and every story ever
Wheredoyouthinkyouare.holo

The only story that is above reproach is the Jedi Prince saga.
>>
>>51548352
Are there any Sith who "fell" to the light side or is the dark side just a uniquely corrupting part of the force? I know Kylo felt urges to go the light side, but how would an actual Sith go about going to the light side?
>>
>>51548426
I have a quibble that it ended in a cliffhanger, actually. Or at least, didn't get the last 3 books.
>>
File: gp6MnEk.jpg (933KB, 3239x1835px) Image search: [Google]
gp6MnEk.jpg
933KB, 3239x1835px
>>51548426
We can agree on that.

The complaining is fine, provided you also pair it with "and here's useful advice for running a game" or "and here's themes they were going for, but here's how you can emphasize those in your game."

Just complaining, with nothing else, isn't really doing much. It's a waste of good /tg/ brains.
>>
File: [heavy breathing].png (3MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
[heavy breathing].png
3MB, 1600x1200px
>>51548458
>Sith who "fell" to the light side
>>
>>51548333
Oh right, the guy who speaks maybe 3-4 times over the course of the entire film, and was such a nothing character that I literally couldn't remember his name 5 minutes after I stepped out of the movie theatre.

Really great arc he had going, there. Really dramatic. Riveting, even.
>>
>>51548405
What the fuck's weird with a board about stories discussing the quality of various stories?
>>
>>51548470
But even he was a Jedi who went to the Dark side and then went back to the light side. Are there any full on Korriban mother fuckers who just went to the light side one day?
>>
>>51548458
TFA is the only time that happens.
>>
>>51548466
Jesus Christ, Jedi Prince was supposed to go on for longer than it did?
>>
>>51548494
In Knights of the Old Republic, if you're playing as a good person, you can help the spirit of Ajunta Pall find redemption.
>>
>>51548509
9 books total, according to the authors.
>>
>>51540145
I'd bet anything that Vader's Castle will return in episode VIII
>>
>>51548494
>I have seen through the lies of the Sith!
>From my point of view, the Empire is evil!
>>
>>51548479
Just saying "this story is shit" and "this writing is shit" is fine and all, but it's not very useful.

It provides a nice foundation for building a game, but it doesn't help anyone do it.

It's also pretty low-effort.
>>
File: Kreia.png (208KB, 373x460px) Image search: [Google]
Kreia.png
208KB, 373x460px
>>51548218
The force itself is a corruption. Damned thing mandates everything that happens and all who wield the force are selfish, bound to it's will. The death of the Force is the only way to attain actual freedom.
>>
File: 1481577146583.jpg (60KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1481577146583.jpg
60KB, 480x270px
>>51548526
>9 goddamn books of Triocular goodness
Truly, He was too good for this sinful galaxy.
>>
>>51548355
Jyn doesn't change her mind when she sees the recording and she doesn't change her mind when Jedha blows up. She doesn't even change her mind when her father who she hasn't spoken to or even looked for for over a decade because she doesn't give a shit about dies. She actually leaves that scene saying the rebellion are just as bad as the empire. She changes her mind at a totally random point because the plot demanded it.

>>51548458
>Are there any Sith who "fell" to the light side
Vader?
>>
>>51548527
Vjun was a superior location, and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.
>>
>>51548536
Well it's like I just want a little bit of introspection like Darth Strangles talking to his good friend Darth Orphankiller and asking, "Are we the baddies?"
>>51548524
>>51548552
But both of those guys were originally Jedi. Are there any Sith acolytes that went towards the light side?
>>
>>51548572
Mustafar is great for the irony, Vjun doesn't really have any significance for Vader; even in Legends he just kind of... has a castle there. There's no real reason, it's just... there. He didn't even use it that much.

Whereas Mustafar is both a reminder of his failure and a source of his power.
>>
>>51548594
Even in your example Kylo was being trained to be a jedi.
>>
>>51548594
TORtanic has a minor Sith NPC who can be convinced to defect, IIRC.
>>
File: 1456107555743.png (242KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1456107555743.png
242KB, 640x360px
>>51539084
WRONG! SAD, OP! SAD!
>>
>>51540145
I like how that scene apparently triggered RLM harder than anything else (OOOH RED LIGHTSABER I LOVED IT HAHA DISNEY FANSERVICE REEEEEEEEE) when the entire climax was a fantastic in-universe demonstration of what happens to anyone who confronts the Empire head-on, culminating in Tarkin's gratuitous use of the Death Star and Vader the walking massacre going after the Rebel's singular prize personally.

It felt like Hoth with the combatant's situations reversed, and it was great.
>>
>>51548541
I actually agree with this thought process. I believe in the Insidious Force.

Have you ever heard of the Living Force? Sure, it's generally accepted - the Force is life, life is the Force. The Force is in all things, et cetera.

If the Force is alive and has a "Chosen One," that means it is sentient and makes choices.

That means that there's "Unchosen Ones."

Mace Windu trusted the Force throughout his life, becoming one of the most powerful Jedi swordsmen ever. And what did he get from it? Nothing, in the end. He wasn't chosen.

If you trust in the Force, and the Force steers you toward your death at the hands of the "Chosen One," what does that mean about the Force?
>>
>>51548643
>Vader the walking massacre going after the Rebel's singular prize personally.
It really makes me wonder why stormies breached the ship first then Vader came along in ANH.
>>
>>51548615
But the reason why I brought him up is that he says he felt the light side. I feel with all the Jedi that fall to the dark side because of its influence, there should also be a large amount of Sith acolytes and such that feel the pull of the light side and realize that maybe they shouldn't be so heinously evil.
>>51548619
Ok good that's a start.
>>
>>51540558
At this point I'd take something silly, like Snoke being notTrioculus/Triclops. I have no idea where they can go with "wrinkled old Dark Side guy on a throne 2.0" otherwise.
>>
>>51548717
The thing is, with the dark side it actively warps your brain, it's addictive as any hard drug out there. You use it, so it becomes easier to use it and you want to use it more, and the cycle repeats. If you're in deep enough with the dark side to be a legit Sith acolyte or the apprentice in the line of the Rule of Two, you're probably not going to be backing out so easily without outside intervention.
>>
>>51548717
Your problem is that the dark side gives you easy power. Very few people give up power willingly, especially if they're being taught that they should use it.

It's like money. If you give someone essentially infinite money how many of them will refuse to use it and sit around all day in dumb drab earthy robes? Very few, because it's fun to be rich. Even the rich who are taught responsibility can get caught up in being rich.
>>
>>51548753
>>51548773
I'm kind of just asking that question because I want to make a Force and Destiny character that was a former Korriban Sith acolyte before getting the fuck out of dodge. Is that character idea unreasonable?
>>
>>51548693
Absolute power corrupts absolutely. If the Force has a "will" it also had some semblance of what would pass for sentience in a sense. It can shape everything in the universe through force sensitives and all the Force seems to want is it's Chosen Ones to reign true because of it's will. That's why those force sensitives who are "unchosen" as you put it (the Exile maybe?) are able to stand above those who would be chosen (considering how the Exile had to fight two powerful enemies who were dependent on the force and believed in it absolutely) by defying the force (in this case channeling the force from others into herself and becoming more powerful that way instead of reaching her limit through normal training).
>>
>>51548717
I'm of the headcanonopinion that Kylo is just feeling the urge to not being a edgy shit easily manipulated by the promise of phenomenal cosmic power if he just abandons everything he ever knew or loved, and misinterpreting it as temptations from "the Light Side".
>>
>>51548699
Because he was a little tired having just mowed down a bunch of guys himself.
>>
>>51548800
Run it by your GM, but I'd say anything can happen. You'll probably want a pretty good idea why he would turn his back on all of it, though.
>>
>>51548800
I guess it depends on how far into their training as an acolyte is. It's not impossible, but it would take some serious balls and willpower to skip out on the Sith like that.
>>
>>51548717
>>51548800
I guess you could have it be someone who was trained from as soon as they could remember to be a Sith finally realize the clarity of the Light Side's focus for a short time. To them, that would be a galaxy-breaking revelation, and probably cause them to panic and flee from their training given their history of letting their impulses dominate.
Maybe. I'm not an expert on SW lore.
>>
>>51548831
>>51548842
I was thinking being forced to kill either a servant or discovering some contraband in the headmaster's forbidden vault (a Jedi holocron). Character is impersonating as a rogue jedi in the shittiest part of the Outer Rim, but has a really terrible idea of what a Jedi is.
>>51548859
That sounds pretty good.
>>
>>51548877
That's okay, 90% of Star Wars media has a terrible idea of what a Jedi is, too.
>>
>>51540600
Fuck I want her to put me in my place though...
>>
>>51548906
...Do the Jedi know what a Jedi is?
Serious question.
>>
>>51548906
It's more like sitting in a cantina with brown robes and saying vaguely philosophical stuff that has no real meaning.
>>
File: YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE.jpg (166KB, 506x632px) Image search: [Google]
YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE.jpg
166KB, 506x632px
>>51548693
>If you trust in the Force, and the Force steers you toward your death at the hands of the "Chosen One," what does that mean about the Force?
>>
>>51548877
I had an old RP character who was a Sith acolyte who ran from Korriban much like this, except it was because he wasn't strong enough in the Force and was likely going to die at the hands of his rivals.

He had nothing, and only survived through the generosity of others. He had contempt for himself, and those who helped him, but eventually came to realize that if everyone bands together, they're stronger as a whole.

And so he became enlightened, and sought out redemption and light side applications of the Force.
>>
>>51548927
Depends.

For most a Jedi is a force user who leans to the light side and is or has been part of the Jedi order.

On a philosophical level it's more complex. If there was a sith who was an honorary member of the Order and used and followed the path of the dark side, yet his ambition was to follow the light side's tenets while helping those in need purely from his own desire while giving into his primal needs, would that sith be a Jedi?

What if there was a Jedi who was a horrid tyrant for the greater good and was, by all accounts, a follower and used of the light side, would that person be a sith despite being a cruel despot?

Short answer is: In a simply form, yes. On a philosophical level it is unsure what constitutes a Jedi based on how the Jedi view themselves, that being the gallant knights and peacekeepers of the galaxy while themselves being in part one of the reasons for the unstable nature of the galaxy.
>>
>>51539084
Are grey Jedi actually devoted to balance? I always assumed they just lived like normal dudes, but used the force if they wanted to.
>>
>>51549019
See >>51535261
>>
>>51540805
>You’re not the good guys. You’re the fucking Empire, man. You’re the shitty, oppressive, totalitarian Empire.
Dibbs on being Vader.
>>
>>51549066
>66
The Force wills it.
>>
File: IMG_0604.jpg (112KB, 700x355px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0604.jpg
112KB, 700x355px
>>51541141
Terminal lance has given me some good giggles.
>>
>>51549066
...Can I be Tarkin?
>>
>>51549060
Cool thanks.
>>
>>51549066
I call Pellaeon.
>>
>>51549066
>>51549104
I'll be Daala <3
>>
>>51548927
Not all the jedi agree on what a jedi should be, and the definition changes with time.
>>
Any info on the Mandalorian Armor sidebar? How they customize it an such in No Disintegrations.

Take a PDF of all the advantage/threat table I could find in the system as payment.

https://mega.nz/#!5xEB1IaL!CdnpN8RZXlcUrJs48eBN3-Lk256l7cMsxvNJdCETTwY
>>
>>51549104
Why not?

I wonder if anyone ever cut themselves by touching peter Cushing's face.
>>
File: 1455428284990.jpg (134KB, 731x900px) Image search: [Google]
1455428284990.jpg
134KB, 731x900px
>>51549066
Cuck.

Dips on being Traya!!!
>>
File: people's eyebrow3.jpg (60KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
people's eyebrow3.jpg
60KB, 1920x1080px
>>51549231
>Traya
>Empire
You wot, Jabroni?
>>
>>51549255
Not him, but let's not pretend Disney isn't going to bring her back from the dead and from not Canon, just so she can suddenly decide she's all for the idea of running an authoritarian Sith infested Empire, even though she was against the very existence of the Force, because she hated the thought of an omnipotent authority looming over all of existence.
>>
>>51540709
Yeah it's EotE. This is my first time playing it
>>
>>51545018
Tarkin is great, especially as it gives us Palpatine's first name, Sheev. Sheev Palpatine, galactic emperor.
>>
>>51539279
Will post pics when i get it tomorrow, if i get it
>>
>>51544478
Tarkin and A New Dawn are both good. Lords of the Sith was alright. Lost Stars is great, and the same author did Bloodlines and I've only heard good stuff about it.
>>
>>51549416
>she hated the thought of an omnipotent authority looming over all of existence
I never understand this train of thought whenever it appears, whether in fantasy or sci-fi or whatever. It sounds like trying to kill physics. Is it the 'living' nature that pisses people off?
>>
>>51540805

Counter point: the reason WHY the Empire are a bunch of speciest, xenophobic, racists with a ten foot pole up their rears is because they were being taken advantage of and had nothing but decade after decade of unpleasant encounters with everybody including slavery and having to funnel taxes into Coresaunt to power the life support system of some senator that they don't even know exists while their own worlds remained in global poverty; that was not even Sheev who didn't really care one way or another, that was the non-Sith part of the Empire's doing.

The Republic was a disaster that took the worst aspects of progressiveness and drove them to their illogical conclusion, such as having NO MILITARY cause' "muh pacifism" resulting in having to use SLAVERY of all things to replace it, which likewise showed their ultimate hypocrisy as a political entity and did more to undermine their legitimacy than anything else done prior, and also why nobody mourned its ultimate demise.

The CIS were right, no one political entity should have the power to rule over the entire galaxy, nor do they really do have the power to instil their will in the first place.
>>
>>51549564
Kreia was a manipulator at heart. It's what she did. The idea that the Force may have intelligence and actively manipulate others is what she hated about it. Of course she also hated the Jedi for being so overly reliant on the Force and unable to even think about living without it like the Exile had done, which she admits is hypocrisy on her part.
>>
File: Dark_Tide_-_Onslaught_Cover.jpg (212KB, 610x1010px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Tide_-_Onslaught_Cover.jpg
212KB, 610x1010px
>loved Vector Prime
>next two books in the series apparently feature the author's stupid pet character hogging the screen time

REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I'm gonna put my players through a dark side vision to temp them.

My players are all force sensitive jedi types.

1. Commando background character that has tangled with hutts, slavers, etc.
2. Wookiee who was put through the battle pits. Tends to brute force his way through things.
3. Force sensitive on the run from Inquisitor that killed his family.
4. Sage that has been going heavy on the narrative end of foresee
5. Ithorian healer. Not a lot of characterization.

I've got a few ideas, but if anyone has any suggestions I'm open. The last two are giving me the most trouble.
>>
File: AstroExample.jpg (480KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
AstroExample.jpg
480KB, 1500x1000px
>>51549501
Did Wilhulf Tarkin also come from this novel?
>>
>>51549564
Basically what >>51549603 said.

To translate it differently:
Imagine being brought up in the dark ages and being taught that there is this god, and when two equal warriors meet, he decides who wins. And he controls the tides, and the wind and the rain.

It could piss you off, that there's this guy who effectively decides who wins wars, does nothing to stop ships from running aground in jagged reefs during low tide, refuses to bring rain, when a village/forest is on fire, and so on.
Granted, the god might also do a ton of good, but only when He feels like doing it and why would being a god give him the right to do all that shit?

She's kind of like one interpretation of the biblical Satan in that, which interpretation goes and basically says that Lucifer was the original Nihilist, saying that God has no authority over existence just by the simple deed of creating it, which conversely would mean there is no authority, period.
>>
>>51549691
Wilhuff has been his name for decades. Palpatine having a first name is a new thing, with the Tarkin novel being the first to give him another name besides just Palpatine.
>>
>>51549627
>'new" jedi order

Listen bitch, VIII is gonna seal the deal on Jedi like VI did for the Sith.
Fanboys should let go now.
>>
Got a tourney coming up in two weeks, does anyone have any opinions?

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!202:175,-1,21,213:-1:-1:;64:13:-1:25:;224::46:-1:U.218,U.-1;64:13:-1:25:&sn=Let%20The%20Wookie%20Win

Chewbacca (TFA) — YT-1300 42
Rage 1
Gunner 5
Hotshot Co-pilot 4
Ship Total: 52

Bandit Squadron Pilot — Z-95 Headhunter 12
Concussion Missiles 4
Guidance Chips 0
Ship Total: 16

Captain Rex — TIE Fighter 14
Inspiring Recruit 1
Sabine's Masterpiece 1

Bandit Squadron Pilot — Z-95 Headhunter 12
Concussion Missiles 4
Guidance Chips 0

I'm not sure about those double Conc-Hunters, and I'm wondering if Rex as the Recruit Caddy is too flimsy.
>>
>>51549843
I washed my hands of Disneywars after TFA.
I've been reading through the EU since then.
>>
>>51549696
...But doesn't making the statement that there is no such thing as authority implicitly establish the speaker as an authority, completely undermining their point? I mean, I understand the idea that there is no such thing as an ultimate authority with regards to morality, but anyone who attempts to dethrone or extinguish the Force using this train of thought can't do so from a 'morally superior' position by definition, because they've eliminated the position of arbiter altogether. I'm no expert in philosophy, but it seems to follow from there that whether you decide to kill the Force or not, either result has no moral ramifications. If there's no such thing as an ultimate authority, why are you blaming this god for not following a law that doesn't exist?
>>
>>51549879
It's not so much about morality being good or bad in this case, as there being a morality, or "something" enforced by an untouchable authority.

On top of stuff mentioned, Kreia had this weird thing, where she seemed to almost pride herself on the fact that she's not untouchable. There would be no point, in being a betrayer, if you can't be betrayed, from her point of view.

The idea of the Force, which is just this unquestionable entity, that does whatever it pleases, is what was wrong. Not what the Force was doing in general, just how the Force was uniquely above reproach.
>>
>>51549934
Not that anon.

The Force isn't really sapient in any way, it is simply the energy of life, both before and after death. If it were truly sapient the Dark Side wouldn't exist as the Dark side is cancer upon the Force. Without life, there is no Living Force, and thus no Cosmic Force, life is what dictates what the Force does not the other way around.
>>
>>51549934
...But if the Force can be killed, then it really isn't above reproach, because it can be killed. Even besides that, the idea of hating a thing for being unalterable just seems like a childish way of rejecting reality because it doesn't act the way you want. Like I said, it sounds like trying to attack physics because gravity exists. If there really is this unquestionable entity that you can't destroy or affect, it doesn't do any good to just rage against it.
Is this one of those Sith things about doing something because you can?
>>
>>51550030
>...But if the Force can be killed, then it really isn't above reproach

She hated the perception, the idea, m8. Her entire thing was to try and get rid of the force

>it sounds like trying to attack physics because gravity exists.

Gravity is completely fucking impartial to human experience, and merely a fundamental "force". The fucking force literally shapes the history of the galaxy.
>>
>>51550030
>>51550080
Also

>Is this one of those Sith things about doing something because you can?

Really it is the ultimate fulfillment of the sith code, "freedom". The dark side is literally the exact opposite of this, and Kreia herself hates her reliance on it.
>>
>>51550022
>The Force isn't really sapient in any way, it is simply the energy of life, both before and after death. If it were truly sapient the Dark Side wouldn't exist as the Dark side is cancer upon the Force.
The EU made pretty much everything in the Star Wars universe a convoluted, self contradictory mess, so while it probably was like that in a lot of the EU, in other parts it was different.

From the way Kreia explains it (which may or may not be how it functions in all of KOTOR II, but in the end it doesn't matter if it works like that, it's enough if she thinks it does, because it's only relevant to her motivation), the Force does in fact have kind of a consciousness. It isn't a consciousness you can talk to, but it does make choices, and it might even reason to some degree.
>>
>>51550080
>The fucking force literally shapes the history of the galaxy.
>Gravity doesn't
Bombs, arrows, and artillery can shape history, too, anon.
>>
>>51550022
Nice headcanon mate
>>
>>51550160
Yeah, but usually something has to propel those. In the dumb part of Legends the living force moves with its own will.
>>
>>51550120
It's not sapient in fact it's only ever mentioned doing one thing in all of Star Wars history directly, creating Anakin, because of Plagueis's meddling with the Midi-chlorians. It's never described as something conscious. It's literally the connection between all life in the cosmos, it doesn't decide who lives and dies or who wins the battles over who is right in a religious war, it is at most an impartial observer.
>>51550182
It's not headcanon, thats what I gleaned from Lucas and the movies.
>>
>>51550160
>being this much of an idiot

Gravity makes the fucking bomb fall to the ground. HUMANS LITERALLY DESIGN THE BOMB AROUND THIS FACTOR. It's a facet of nature, and any "effect on history" is completely neutral, without any will to cause it. Even if the force isn't conscious, it does have a fucking will, and manipulates events to enforce it.
>>
>>51550182
Not that dude, but that's not entirely headcanon.

Final arc of TCW, Yoda goes off on a journey and meets some Force Priestesses (or maybe just one and the others are all aspects of the one, it's kind of strange).

They teach Yoda that the Force has two aspects, the Living Force, which is what is inside every living being in the galaxy, and the Cosmic Force. What the Jedi call Midichlorians are conduits connecting the Living Force and the Cosmic Force, but there's implications that they do a lot more than that.

In any case, they state that when a living being dies, the Living Force inside of them is converted into the Cosmic Force. The Cosmic Force, in turn, creates the Living Force in a sort of neverending cycle.
>>
>>51550258
This is wrong though. It does decide all these things, it just doesn't choose it.

I'll put it this way: Did the spider choose to spin a web to catch a fly?
>>
>>51550080
>>51550101
Okay. I understand her motivation. But I could argue out of a different mouthpiece that her attempt to kill the Force is a destruction of the Force's 'freedom'.
Assuming the Force is a person of sorts, it has a will of its own, a freedom of its own. Kreia may believe that's too much influence concentrated in one person, even though I don't agree with her (say she kills it, what does that make her?).
I understand, I suppose, I just don't agree.
>>
>>51550301
That's the point I was making dude. Everyone in Star Wars has free will, the choose the force is simply no different than any other facet of physics in that it is the vehicle through which these things are decided.
>>
>>51550342
That's fine, though I never specifically said myself that she thought it was conscious, but yeah. I find her interesting myself mostly because I fucking hate the "stupid evil" morality tat the dark side in star wars has.
>>
>>51550281
Not that part. The part about there only being a force and that the darkside is a cancer in the force.
>>
>>51550357
Except it demonstrably isn't true though. Saying the Dark side of the force is a tool to power means you yourself are the biggest tool in the galaxy.
>>
>>51550277
>manipulates events
>Im-fucking-plying
The Force, under most writers, doesn't do that shit. Most of the time, the Force just is. It exists, it's disturbed, it's manipulated, etc. The movers and shakers of the galaxy are people who manipulate it and exploit the natural "laws" (for lack of a better term) connected to it, not the other way around.
>>
>>51550258
I don't mean to discredit your point, but
1) Kreia explicitly talks about the Force as sapient, so once again, since we're talking about how her motivation works, we have to accept (at least in regards to her motivation, not neccessarily outside of it) that the Force is sapient.
2) If the movies suggest anything to me personally, it's that the Force is sapient. Otherwise lines like "Use the Force Luke, let go Luke" (especially in regards to "let go") wouldn't make much sense. That's not concrete proof of it either way either though. All I'm saying, is that if Kreia thinks the Force is A, then her motivation can be based off of the Force being A, even if the Force is B.
>>
>>51550374
I love that haters of KOTOR 2 biggest argument is that the game doesn't have black and white morality. Just once I want to see someone use the darkside and not want to be some mustache twirling villian who wants to take over the galaxy.
>>
>>51550394
That's not headcanon either. The dark side is always described as a corruption of the force and forbidden, even by the father to the son.
>>
>>51540323

For leia, they couldve just had the back of her head - we knew who it was just fine.

For Tarkin, they couldve had him be talking to Krennic via holocomm all the time - it'd be much easier to 'hide' the cgi-ness of him with hologram artefacting.
>>
>>51550412
What are you fucking talking about. Multiple times every movie the character's say trust in the force, listen to the force, the force is your ally and let the force guide you. The force may not be sapient like we are but its highly likely that its on a whole nother level. Not to mention when you die you join the force and are still sapient.
>>
>>51550412
Of course. This is the problem with the EU in general though, so I really doubt there can be any real solution to the question. It's also the question of whether or not shitty writers with bad vision can actually be trusted,.

Though I will point out that most of the stories are told from the pov of the "people who manipulate it", and thus could easily be the case of unreliable narrators.
>>
>>51550426
>2)
From ANH when Luke is training with the droid on the falcon:
>Remember, a Jedi an feel the force flowing through him.
You mean it controls you actions?
>Partially, but it also obeys you commands.
>>
>>51540805

You know, there's always more reasons to dislike this guy.

And yet, the one that bugs me most is that he talks about coffee.
In star wars.
Gas yourself you absolute faggot, it's been 'caf' for thirty fucking years.
>>
>>51550437

The Dark Side warps your way of thinking and your entire personality because it is inherently both corrupting and self-perpetuating. You cannot use the Dark with any regularity without becoming a mustache twirling villain on some level because that's what using the Dark ALWAYS turns you into because that's what the Dark is..
>>
>>51550442
Yeah it is. Nothing in nucanon says that the darkside is a cancer or that it isn't natural. If it was that would mean that the light side isn't natural either. Likely the force is neutral in its default state and its users can influence it to the light or the dark.
>>
>>51550408
That's not what I was saying at all.
>>51550426
Kreia was a lying bitch and never spoke a line of truth in that game, save perhaps that she loved the Exile.
>>
>>51550479

Do you think that a thing can "control your actions," and "obey your commands," without being sapient? Gravity doesn't obey commands or control a sentient's being's actions if they surrender their will to it.
>>
>>51550530
Anon he was replying to, that's the point of contention really. Star wars presents morality as black and white, or the dark side and the light. Kotor 2 generally presents it as orange vs blue, with the force actually being opposed to human free will. Sure, Kreia will present that spectrum as black and white in itself, but there is definitely room to argue that the force isn't all that bad honestly.
>>
>>51550530
Why? And where is this stated? It just seems like your own headcanon dude. And if it isn't that is just plain stupid writing and I am glad that Kotor 2 was able change it.
>>
>>51550542
The force's natural state IS the light side. If that wasn't the case then there would be such a thing as too much light, where there has never been in any media.
>>
>>51550587
No it doesn't have to be that way at all. Maybe the force is naturally neutral but there isn't any problem if there is a lot of light. Maybe there is only a problem if there is too much dark.
>>
>>51544304
>All the Wraiths we got to know and love? Adumar? Gone, like tears in the rain.

DONT YOU GO FUCKING REMINDING ME OF THIS, ANON.
Im re-reading the Wraith books right now to get me back in the SW mindset to run a game, and it's just breaking my fucking heart every time I remember that they're not canon anymore, and never will be.

Even if some other writer brings them back, none of them could do the Wraith's justice.
Rip in peace Allston.
>>
>>51550583
>The power of the dark side was penetrating and pernicious. The Jedi Temple was built on top of an ancient Sith shrine and, unbeknownst to the Jedi, the power of the dark side rippled upwards through the Temple from the shrine, slowly weakening the Jedi over a millennium.[10]
>The dark side of the Force was considered highly corrupting. The Jedi Grand Master Yoda, for example, believed that "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny,"[4]
These are canon citations, by the way, not legends. In Legends there are many more, such as the Rakata being corrupted by the dark force of the star forge.
>>
>>51550587
>>51550641
In fact I would go on to say there wasn't a darkside or lightside until sapient species evolved that could manipulate/influence the force
>>
>>51550587
Honestly? There has been. The entire point of the Jedi council in the clone wars was that they were so "blind" that it lead to disaster in the form of the emperor. The sentinels disappearing from the order makes clear that the order was headed in the "martial prowess, stuck up asshole, or bust".
>>
>>51550656
The Rakata were just drawn to using the Dark Side. The Star Forge didn't corrupt them, they made it with Dark Side energy. Their entire civilization was built on the power of the Dark Side.
>>
>>51550471
>Multiple times every movie the characters say trust in the force, listen to the force, the force is your ally and let the force guide you
>Taking all that stuff literally
"Use the Force" is like Bruce Lee saying "Don't think, feel." It's like saying to rely not just on your earthly perceptions and senses, but to also use the spiritual. The Force is fate, chi/prana, and the flow of nature all in one. It is a thing that can be divined, studied, and manipulated for the sake of gaining advantages or making decisions, but it is not in itself a decision-maker. You "listen" to the Force in the same way that you listen to the sounds of nature all around you. Just as a completely silent forest signifies something amiss, so too does a disturbance in the Force. The Force "guides" you in the same way that tides and currents guide a ship, or in the same way that muscle memory and instinct guide a person. It's about going with the flow.
>>
>>51550656
Ever think that maybe the Jedi are a little biased? Yoda said once you go down the dark path you can never return yet he personally witnessed that you can return twice. Yoda also couldn't tell that Sheev was evil despite being in the same fucking room as him.
>>
>>51550656
The problem from this view is that it is generally from the point of view of the good guys. Sure, the dark side is fucking bad, but at the same time "corrupting" is an inherently biased term, straight out implying the dark side is a corruption of the force, instead of a separate aspect of it.
>>
>>51549569

>The Republic was a disaster that took the worst aspects of progressiveness and drove them to their illogical conclusion, such as having NO MILITARY cause' "muh pacifism" resulting in having to use SLAVERY of all things to replace it, which likewise showed their ultimate hypocrisy as a political entity and did more to undermine their legitimacy than anything else done prior, and also why nobody mourned its ultimate demise.

You know, I really don't like this repeated implication that the Clone Army were "slaves." Granted, the movies never address this thorny question and the few times that the Clone Wars cartoon does they don't really dig into it all that deeply and never REALLY address the elephant in the room. But most of the clones when asked professed a legitimate, heartfelt belief in the Republic's ideals and considered themselves free soldiers fighting for a just cause. If you want to go into that being Programming, I call bullshit because there were plenty of clones who had enough free will to betray the Republic, sell out their brothers or go AWOL to find a better life.

I fully believe that if the Clone Wars had ended with the Republic victorious and intact, the Clones would have been as free to go as any other soldier. They were being paid as well since they had money to go to bars on shore leave, so they had the means to make a life in peace time as well. And lets not forget that for the record, the Republic did not commission or request that Clone Army in the first place, they simply used them. And by used I mean EMPLOYED, not enslaved.

In other words, this SLAVERY meme is garbage.
>>
>>51550666
You've read into into that so deeply you're seeing things that aren't there. The Jedi weren't following their own creed very well and they were so caught up in themselves they were blind to the sith lord under their nose. That has nothing to do with there being too much light, it has everything to do with the fallibility of living beings.

>>51550688
The star forge was not created with the intention of using dark force energy.
>This technological marvel came at a terrible cost, as the Rakata were by nature a cruel and savage species; the Star Forge began feeding off these negative traits inherent in its creators. As a result the Star Forge became an immense tool of dark side power.

>The Star Forge, now a fusion of technology and dark side energies, began corrupting the Rakata in order to gain the immense power it required to operate itself and ultimately caused the collapse of the Rakatan Empire.
>>
>>51550691
Headcanon. The force is not chi or prana or whatever you headcanon it to be to support your opinion. Nobody says trust in the chi/prana/chakra nor do they say let it guide your actions. Noone also calls chi/prana/chakra their ally.
>>
>>51550716
Most of the clones also stated that they had no idea what they would even do once the war was over not to mention most of them loved the thrill of combat.
>>
>>51550719
At the very least the light side of the force didn't help them stop being idiots. My argument is that the very nature of the light side (all the "inner peace" bullshit) inherently "leads" human fallibility into stagnation, and that the Jedi's code is really the perfect example of this.
>>
File: 1466867293924.png (356KB, 572x380px) Image search: [Google]
1466867293924.png
356KB, 572x380px
Grown men are literally having a philosophical argument over a children's flick. Never change/tg/.
>>
>>51550701
Yes, it is the position espoused by the good guys, but it's also something you can see in the media. When learning the ways of the sith from holocron Ezra isn't afraid to completely take over the minds of soldiers and use them to kill their friends. This is the same kid who recently wouldn't strike the final blow to a someone who was a clear and constant threat to his life and those of his friends on Malachor.

>>51550827
>go to anime website for adults
>complain about manchildren
How's that going for you?
>>
>>51550733
At no point did I say it was just based on real-world concepts of "life force." Reading the rhythm and flow of life force among living beings can, however, serve as a guide in Eastern philosophy. Confucius' analects even have shit like:

>The [morally] noble man guards himself against 3 things. When he is young, his xue-qi has not yet stabilized, so he guards himself against sexual passion. When he reaches his prime, his xue-qi is not easily subdued, so he guards himself against combativeness. When he reaches old age, his xue-qi is already depleted, so he guards himself against acquisitiveness.

Yeah, that looks a lot like using one's qi as a guide for decision-making.

>No one also calls it their ally
Correct. But you can look in other works of fiction and you'll hear things like "Nature is my ally," "Fate is my ally," "Luck is on my side," etc. That phrase can easily be taken as figurative or indicative of the speaker's self-confidence in his control over the Force, rather than a literal indication of an allied decision-making entity.
>>
>>51550852
Nice false equivalence. There's plenty of anime for adults my good friend. Star Wars is literally a popcorn flick for children.
>>
>>51550852
The argument is that the dark side isn't a corruption of the force m8. I never said it didn't corrupt morally.
>>
File: Ponda_arm.jpg (91KB, 800x384px) Image search: [Google]
Ponda_arm.jpg
91KB, 800x384px
>>51550967
>for children
>Cantina disarmament
>Wampa cave
>Tauntaun sleeping bag
>Skywalker handshakes
>Electrocution torture
>Maul being BROKEN IN HALF, BY GOD
>Anakin barbecue
>Stormtrooper Endor barbecue
>All those screaming pilots
>Space Nazis
>Space Hitler
>RotS rated PG-13
>Various vidya rated T
>Wendig's creepy cuckolding subplot
>S&M Vong
>All those really greasy torture scenes in the Vong and post-Vong eras
>Multiple genocides
There's fun for the whole family, anon.
>>
File: 1465844281025.jpg (85KB, 1000x853px) Image search: [Google]
1465844281025.jpg
85KB, 1000x853px
>>51551045
>he forgot Oola
>>
File: 1376267234232.jpg (75KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
1376267234232.jpg
75KB, 500x339px
>>51550967
Right...

>>51551011
That's one in the same. A force user who is corrupt morally corrupts the force. Back to the Rakata, >>51550719 , the star forge used normal force energy, but because the Rakata were morally bankrupt it corrupted the force and thus the star forge.
>>
>>51551070
I also forgot to mention Natalie Portman's wardrobe.
>>
>>51551045
>>51551070

Beat me to it.
>>
File: 1461809721924.jpg (86KB, 537x526px) Image search: [Google]
1461809721924.jpg
86KB, 537x526px
>>51551089
>Natalie Portman in skintight white spandex
Thanks for reminding me how confusing that overwhelming sense of desire was for pubescent brain.
>>
File: Cp-_ufvXEAAEvQ5.jpg (57KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Cp-_ufvXEAAEvQ5.jpg
57KB, 1200x675px
>>51551789
You think that's bad?

Try FernGully.

Try Tim Curry as Hexxus in FernGully.

No wonder I'm on 4chan...
>>
>>51551971
Off topic, but that movie...

mmmf.
Thread posts: 388
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.