[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 377
Thread images: 53

File: RoseofTerra.jpg (281KB, 1000x693px) Image search: [Google]
RoseofTerra.jpg
281KB, 1000x693px
Fall of Cadia gives Tau Players Seven More Relics Per Model edition

>Last time, on 40kg >>51266425

>THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER. PLEASE ASK FOR IT WE LOVE POINTING IT OUT
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Blaecki Libraeri (Beware blue sorcerers asking if they can check out books on your card)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
File: Quicksilver Corsairs.png (205KB, 931x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Quicksilver Corsairs.png
205KB, 931x1062px
First for Commorrapgh
>>
First for Dark Eldar! Long live the Dark City!
>>
>all these new deathwatch models
how long have I been out

at any rate, they look different/stand taller. I understand they're normal marines, but are they the same height? looks weird to me

reposting this
>>
>>51270672
Why does the BL link only have AdMech books?
>>
>>51270718

It's cause they aren't combat squatting.
>>
File: Tyranids - 500pts.jpg (83KB, 900x341px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranids - 500pts.jpg
83KB, 900x341px
Tell me what is wrong with this.
>>
so what exactly allows tau to multi-relic?
>>
File: cheese sandwich.jpg (828KB, 750x1125px) Image search: [Google]
cheese sandwich.jpg
828KB, 750x1125px
>>51270784

Migrating the question.
>>
>>51270777
You're taking a flyrant
>>
>>51270801
Are you on drugs? You have to to a flyrant or you basically autlose.
>>
>>51270672

How many Space Marine players pick an existing chapter vs making their own?

I'm thinking of coming up with my own chapter so I'm not locked into any specific color scheme but I don't know if I can come up with a cool name and interesting lore.
>>
>>51270672
What's the best table for a Cadre Fireblade to roll WT on in an ITC game?
>>
File: 1384666766087.jpg (100KB, 597x800px) Image search: [Google]
1384666766087.jpg
100KB, 597x800px
I'm worried about DoW3 lads. Company of heroes 2 was pretty shit desu, I don't think they've learned enough to deliver on their promises.
>>
>>51270841
I'm just not going to buy it until it has at least 2 expansion adding at least 4 additional factions.
>>
>>51270826
It depends desu
CSM has the freedom to really expand on the lore
I was thinking of writing a short story about one of the OG Emperor's Children being all nostalgic about Chemos and having a comfy Legion to bro with. But now he's carved out a multi planet empire and is bored

While i always find that SM are kinda, dull if they're not one of the founding/cursed
>>
>>51270850
Two factions per DLC? what would you like to see added?
>>
>>51270816
Flyers at 500pts is a complete douche move.
>>
>>51270794
Take your pick.
>Lack of the same one-per or one-per-weapon relic limits written into every other codex except Astra Militarum
>Relics with rules written with specific interactions that occur when you take multiple
>Some Taufags even used to say, "Well it's a good theing that they are Sig Systems and not relics!"

Tau Empire has 7 Sig systems. Farsight Enclaves has 7 more, but can take all of the Vanilla Tau ones, too. Celestine and Cawl simply being in the army allows you to take from two more lists, so if you spend the points one Blingmander can buy 28 relics.
>>
>>51270816
Tyranids get worse the higher points go, reduced by the number of flyrants in your list. At 500 points, they're pretty servicable, and Tervigons tend to be worth their points because a lot of the shit that fucks them over isn't available or not available in enough numbers to pose a real threat, as well as the gants generally actually being able to put wounds into things.
>>
File: Tau - 1250pts.jpg (239KB, 900x1127px) Image search: [Google]
Tau - 1250pts.jpg
239KB, 900x1127px
right so hate to be another listposter but this is the best list I can figure out based on the models I currently have and/or plan to get. most of the weird wargear choices (like the pulse carbines) are due to that being glued to the model and wanting to maintain wysiwyg as not to confuse my opponent and/or me during games.

i want to be competitive but not tryhard (although I am playing tau...) and I know that should be pretty easy with tau but I have had fuck all success with a similar list in smaller games, any changes that aren't broad sweeping reshuffles I can make here?

also yes I've read the codex but I also make mistakes, I'm not perfect.

>>51270794
there's nothing that says they can't and by memory the recent FAQ errata confirmed that tau can take multiple relics.
>>
Feedback appreciated.
>>
>>51270841
If you hate CoH 2 then DoW 3 might be the game for you, because it had nothing like it.

No sync kill, no accuracy, all shot will hit because "muh MLG eeeee-sport" game, yeah good luck with that...
>>
>>51270868
Any army can take a flyer at 500 points.
>>
>>51270672
So fluff-wise is Chaos going to be a real threat and not just being dumb Saturday morning cartoon villains anymore?

Will Cadia actually fall and Warp spread throughout the Imperium of Man??
>>
>>51270915
Guard and space marines can easily take two, orks can take three.
>>
>>51270915
>>51270952

The problem is that 500 points is generally too low to fit in reasonable anti-air at that level

Really though it's something to talk to the other person about, or in a tournament, you can just tell them to git rekt
>>
>>51270915
Yeah. But doing so is a douche move. Not even that anon. It's 500 points. Calm down.
>>
>>51270963
Except, you know, that every army that has flyers can take flyers at 500 points.
>>
>>51270894
>>51270876
the lack of saying only one is no longer an excuse for taking more than one
>Q: How many relics/artefacts can a single model be equipped with?
A: A model can only be given a single relic or artefact unless specifically noted otherwise.

The only exception i see in the tau codex is >a crisis shas'vre can take up to three items from the ranged weapons, signature systems, and/or support systems lists.
from the crisis suits entry
>>
>>51270858
How about actual diversity?
The big three are cool, but there are a dozen other races and sub-factions that people want to play as. DoW didn't even have half the factions DoW1 had, and now 3 has even less than 2 out the fucking gate. It doesn't help that every other 40k game is a Space Marine circlejerk.

But Tau got a FPS in 2003 and no one actually likes Necrons or DEldar so it's okay. Right?

Not him, by the way.
>>
File: 9849848141.png (398KB, 1600x1191px) Image search: [Google]
9849848141.png
398KB, 1600x1191px
Apparently using this roster builder is the only way to get feedback.

How can I better equip my Librarians in the conclave? They'll have Stormshields and Force Axes.
>>
Quick question. I am trying to strip some models for the first time with Simple Green, but it doesn't seem to be working. I left the models in for 3 days, but the primer doesn't seem to come off. I'm worried I diluted too much (~50% water). Should I wait a few more days or start over with non-diluted?
>>
>>51270894
1 - I highly suggest against mixing weapons on crisis suits, because that means on a given turn they'll be wasting about half their shots. I recommend plasma rifles since you can dance into double tap range and jump back out.
2 - Get some stealth Suits, throw them and the ghostkeel in an Optimized Stealth Cadre. Wall of Mirrors means the Ion raker will always be a better choice than the fusion collider (and don't put fusion on the stealth Suits either, 90% of Vehicles have rear 10). If you insist on the collider at least go with the TL blaster too so you're not wasting your shots.
3 - Put the pulse carbine models into one unit ffs. Also, drop the Shas'ui in favor of more models, especially for the unit you're putting the Fireblade in.
4 - If you really need fusion grab a piranha or two.
5 - Where are you putting the commander?
>>
File: 40k Sacrifice.jpg (105KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
40k Sacrifice.jpg
105KB, 750x600px
>>51270984
Because the alternative to making a Space Marine wankfest game is to make an Imperial Guard wankfest game - but who wants to play that when it's already established long in videogame fandom that Guardsmen are just useless cannon fodder and damsels in distress?
>>
>>51271002
The primer doesn't need to come off.
>>
>>51270894
>Hunter Contingent
>Shadowsun without her drones
>C&C without Sensors, but also weapons
>Random drone squad for no reason
>Unironically fielding Vespids
>Random Carbine in Strike Team
>That Ghostkeel
This is cancer, but the different kind. I don't know if it's worse or better.
>>
>>51270858
I think IG and Chaos are staples at this point so those. After that more xenos. Tyranids are always good as antagonists in a campaign and they're one of the oldest factions in the setting. Tau are also a popular army so they'd be a good candidate too, though I feel necrons are a bit under-represented in vidya.

Adding a xenos faction and an imperium faction in each expansion would be good.
>>
>>51271015
>tfw now Red Orchestra style IG game
>>
>>51271017
I'm trying to remove the primer; because when I applied it, it dried with "cracks" all over the models. I think I didn't shake the can enough.
>>
>>51271017

Primer will need to come off if the previous painter was a doofus and put it on too thick.

Or if they primed over a layer of paint (I have seen this).

Shouldn't have diluted the Simple Green. You might have to leave them in there for a while anyway.
>>
>>51271022
>Random drone squad for no reason
You need 1+ auxillary to fill out a hunter contingent and a random drone squad is the cheapest.
>>
>>51271039
Just buy some isopropyl alcohol from your pharmacy and it'll take all that shit off in seconds without damaging the plastic. Just apply and scrub with a toothbrush.
>>
>>51271037
>Red Orchestra
More like World of Tanks style game.

>Drive a Baneblade mowing down rows of Tyranids
>>
>>51270984
I kind of agree with you - but i'm glad that they're willing to trim it down to just the basics. - I'm not glad that their is less options to play as, but I'm glad that they're not grabbagging any / every race they find cool and just totally shitting the bed.

We can always hope for expansion packs rather than cashgrabs for cheap $$$.

I just don't think it'll be a particularly good game, personally.

>>51271036
Would you go with the current splits? astra militarum separate from tempestus scions? but 2 per expanse does sound pretty good.
>>
>>51271066
>Would you go with the current splits? astra militarum separate from tempestus scions?
No because it's retarded. There's no sensible reason to retain codex splits like that.
>>
>>51271054
Which brings me back to fucking
>Hunter Contingent
Those points are W A S T E D
A Drone Squad is just a more expensive Breacher Team with -1 BS and none of the Breacher's benefits
This means you're shooting yourself in the foot for...Coordinated Firepower? Wow, +1 BS when three units focus something down. In a Tau army. That's going to be so useful!

The only reason to ever take a Drone Squad is to slap it on a Controller Commander with C&C+Sensors, and even that is comparatively shit to other, better investments
>>
>>51271022
>>51271008
thanks boys, i'll try my best to fix it up

>Unironically fielding Vespids
apart from this, if you don't like vespids you're a total sicko
>>
>>51271056
Thanks anon, I will give that a try.
>>
>>51270915
admech dont have flyers at all
>>
>>51270978
FAQ, not errata, and that draft didn't make the final cut for the 40k rulebook errata updated at the end of last year.

All other books, in the wargear purchase list, say "May take ONE," or "May take exchange ONE weapon for ONE relic."
Tau just says, "One of each per army." And before you suggest that they all say that, no, they all say it in the relics list, but the limitations for every other codex is in the wargear purchase list.

The Commanders have a specific option that allows them to take items (plural) from the Signature Systems list. Unlike the Kranonfag from the other day, this line stands alone and has no other qualifiers. It's not a case of and/or.

Both of the Buffmander item descriptions let you know that they work in concert.

I looked into it, just in case it fucked buffmander. Found out that IG, Nids, and Chaos Daemons don't have the limit, either, but Nids rarely have more than one pair of scything clasws to replace, and CD have their own specific ruleset baggage making it practically impossible to buy more than one relic per model.

A few of the supplements break away for their core-army purchasing list, too.

Tau and IG are really the armies that can effortlessly relic-stack, should they ever desire too. And IG, being BB with Cawl and Celestine, are in a much better position to take advantage of the new FoC relics.
>>
>>51271123
That's true, and I don't think space wolves do either. But the vast majority of armies have flyers and almost all of them can plausibly field at least one and often two in a 500 point game. So the argument that it's bad to bring flyers at low points, because there's no anti-air when the vast majority of factions can easily just field a flyer is a little ridiculous.
>>
>>51271227
space wolves have the wolf box
>>
>>51271182
i quoted from the official faq updated november 2016. unless you are explicitly allowed to take more than one, you're stuck with one relic. Absence of "may take one" or "may exchange one" no longer allows you to take multiple, you have to be explicitly allowed to take multiple.
>>
>>51271231
yous right
>>
>>51271248
Again, I looked at all contemporary codices, and Tau is as explicit as any codex gets.
>>
New player, first time using a list. Gaze upon my incompetence and despair. FFS, I'm probably not even legal, send help!
>>
>>51270176

When did this happen?
>>
>>51271257
only explicit for the crisis shas'vre from the crisis suit unit.
>>
>>51271281
It's explicit for the Crisis Commanders (HQ unit) and their the ones that matter.
>>
>>51271281
Crisis Suits and Commanders are the only things that can take them to begin with, other than the Riptide and ECPA.
>>
>>51271281
Commander and Crisis Bodyguards both say "may take items from the Signature Systems list."

Not one item, items.
>>
>>51271442
most other codexes also used the "items" wording.
>>
File: big bugs.jpg (107KB, 874x638px) Image search: [Google]
big bugs.jpg
107KB, 874x638px
How do I make a big bugs list these days?

I haven't played since 4th ed.
>>
>>51271275
I don't know but it's a lesson to ordo xenos inquisitors everywhere.
>>
>>51271257
>I looked at all contemporary codices

Too bad FAQ errata doesn't appear in codexes.
>>
>>51271375
>No sonic blasters
THIS QUIET OFFENDS SLAANESH!
>>
File: 20170118_025751.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170118_025751.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
Finished my Purgatus Kill Team this evening. On to the next team.
>>
>>51270699
is this 2010 ?
>>
>>51271472
>using Facebook fan supplements

Enjoy your objectively inferior experience
>>
>>51271484
no its just that Dark eldar have the same boring build since forever
>>
>>51271450
Wings, cover stacking, screening gnats and spore mine walls to force the enemy's hand.
>>
>>51271473
So you mix flamers and missile launchers in your loyalist squads?
>>
>>51271487
>fan supplements
>released on the GW site and Black Library site
You're retarded
>>
>>51271484
>>51271489
My list is the lowest i'll go in terms of fluff vs crunch
Current DE has actaully bored me of the faction (despite being my favourite faction in the fluff), and was deeply thinking of running Corsairs instead
>>
>>51271487
>using typo-ridden and straight up incorrect rules from GW publications without the corrections
>not objectively inferior

There's a reason people say 40k is the worst wargame, and you're playing the worst version of it.
>>
>>51271449
Most other Codices (and regular Crisis Shas'vres) use "Items" in an "and/or" situation, where the option allows you to purchase from multiple lists, such as, "May take Items from the ranged, melee, and/or relics lists." Commander and Bodyguards have their ability to purchase items (plural) as a whole separate line.

And almost all of those other codices also have their other restrictions in place in the wargear purchase list, anyway.

>>51271472
A) It's a FAQ, not an errata. It's not retroactive and doesn't change the wording or function of rules, it just clarifies.

B) The FAQ implies that there are exceptions. After looking at all of the codices, Tau have the loosest phrasing and the most leeway in interpretation. If an exception exists, it's Tau.
>>
>>51270826
I didn't but I really wish I did. Let's you use any Chapter Tactic you want even in WYSIWYG games which I'd love the option to seeing as my Black Templars can't do shit against other Chapter Tactics.
>>
>>51271500
You can spend a point each on CCWs, but 3 points is too much for ignores cover AND shred?
Noise Marine are built for nuking cover. Stop being retarded with them!
>>
>>51271449
All other Codices I've read also specify in the relic listing only one may be taken per unit, unlike Tau, so it's a little different from the beginning.

Also worth noting much of The Eight take multiple signature systems.
>>
>>51271553
It's a question of mixing ranges and using Salvo.
>>
>>51271553
>>51271375
>>51271620
I'd argue that dedicated noise marine CC squads can work, but for those you don't want to be buying a Blastmaster anyway.

You either go cheap CC, swap boltguns for knives, and run in to use I 5 to your advantage, go cheap ranged, and either form a small Sonic blaster team/the minimum 10 man squad with 2 blastmasters, or you go all in expensive ranged, double blastmaster, sonic blasters everywhere, icon, the works.

Buying extra CC weapons for a squad with 2 blastmasters a bad idea, since you don't want to be assaulting, you want to be sitting back bombing things. If you really want them for counter assault, then at least just swap the boltgun for a knife so they stay cheap.

That's 16 points you'd save for the 2 squads, and you could use those for more vehicle upgrades or another marine somewhere else. You don't lose much, basically just half your bolter shots and some extra threat range with them, but if somebody is that close to the blastmasters they're going to get shredded by those, and then you can always charge them.

Your concerns about mixing ranges are just as relevant with including the bolters, and a group with Sonic blasters and blastmasters could at least have more relevant firepower in those Salvo ranges.

Either go cheap, or go all-out.
>>
What's youe opinion on the new Mechanicum and Echlesiarchy relics? Any that you particularly like or can't stand?

Love the Echlesiarchy Sword, their Castigator Pistol, the Mechanicum Haywire bomb and their Skyfire & other stuff relic in particular.
>>
>>51271597
Many unique characters take multiple relics.

It's worth noting, however that currently The Eight aren't even unique character datasheets, but can only be taken as a specific loadout of models.

A loadout that wouldn't be possible if the units weren't able to take multiple relics.
>>
>>51271466
>That XV-104 looming in the background.
>>
My boyfriend wants to get into nurgle CSM.
What's a cheep newbie friendly unit for him to assemble and paint?
>>
>>51271466
>Gue'la still have not notice me
>Farsight will be so proud of this photobomb
>>
>>51271684
Herpes is real easy to get him and to put together. Hella Nurgle as well.
>>
>>51271684
If he's going mono Nurgle CSM, pick him up a normal box of CSM marines and find the death guard paint scheme
>>
File: 20170118_212557.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170118_212557.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Doing a bit of a bash on half an old defiler I had, i think I broke the top half off 5 years back cause I autisticslly thought the centaur-style profile looked like shit (it does) and never got around to fixing it up.

Bit of an insectile vibe to this, sort of like a spider or a crab or tryanid armour plating. Need to remove thr square "thorax" plates and put some nice smooth round ones in place
>>
>>51271729
>>51271684
If mono-nurglen then normal CSM box + Plague marine box. He can mix the parts to get 15 guys that look marked by nurgle.
>>
>>51271466
Who's the chick with the pulse rifle?
>>
>>51271746
soon to be dead
:^)
>>
>>51271707
>>51271681
K'ek
>>
File: 20170118_212604-1.jpg (2MB, 2322x1670px) Image search: [Google]
20170118_212604-1.jpg
2MB, 2322x1670px
>>51271736
Battle cannon on the front makes it look a bit like those cannon-faced enemies in Zelda that shoot bombs at you
>>
File: MG+Turn+A+Gundam+02.jpg (58KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
MG+Turn+A+Gundam+02.jpg
58KB, 700x525px
So whatre you guys planning to do once 40k is dead?

Im getting into Gunpla
>>
>>51271684
Consider the Start Collecting Box for a squad of CSM and a bit of savings on some extra stuff with them.

The kits are a bit old, so assembly and painting isn't the greatest, but he should be fine.
>>
>>51271758
I'm a Tau player and I hate most gundams.
IBO is alright.
>>
>>51271746
>>51271754
>http://jedi-art-trick.deviantart.com/art/Deathwatch-Killteam-597801854

>"This is my Deathwatch rp group's killteam in all it's glory."

>"From the left there is Varis (a by-the-book Red Scorpions apothecary), Cephas (a paranoid heresy-courting Dark Angels devastator), Vale (Our radical Inquisitor ally), Altair (a fussy and devout Novamarines techmarine), Sire (a renowned rogue trader and diplomat), and Wulfrich (a proud and savage Space Wolf assault marine)."

>"Also the Servoskull is named Socrates"
>>
File: 1475283922062.png (367KB, 882x503px) Image search: [Google]
1475283922062.png
367KB, 882x503px
>>51271746
Also not including apothecaries and techmarines in deathwatch squads was a travesty. I want a geno purity obsessed red scorpion medic.
>>
>>51271768
Tau are like ugly heavy gear mechs, not gundams
>>
>>51271780
>Wulfrich
>>
I'm building a Wazbom Blastajet and was wondering if I should go with twin-linked mega kannnons or twin linked tellyporta blasta's? I'm also usually fighting nids, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>51270672
what do you guys do with flying bases?

i fucking hate them. having a huge plastic bit right under my figure kills my boner.
>>
File: 11003.jpg (344KB, 1422x1521px) Image search: [Google]
11003.jpg
344KB, 1422x1521px
>>51271768
>IBO
Shit taste detected

The Zaku is the pinnacle of mech design
>>
>>51271466
how easy is Deathwatch to get into?

the group I play with has some experience with D&D and a couple other systems.
>>
>>51271817
What are the profiles on those two weapons?
>>
>>51271817
I'd say the Tellyporta blasta. The Mega Kannons are nice for the range, but I think the Instant-Death potential on the Tellyporta will help more against the bugs, even if the range is more limited.
>>
If I take a decurion, do I have to take the warlord trait from that book that the decurion is found in?
Example: I run a dawn blade contingent for Farsight Enclaves from Montka. Do I have to roll on the FSE Montka warlord trait table? two of the options are shit versions of the brb strategic table, which I usually roll on.
>>
File: unnamed-111.jpg (87KB, 1067x895px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-111.jpg
87KB, 1067x895px
>>51271830
You should build an expensive and time consuming electromagnetic base for every flyer and skimmer you own or else you're a hack.
>>
>>51271834
I never got why people liked the Gundam suits. All of the Zeon designs are way more colorful, interesting, and distinctive.

The Federation just has white blocky dude with some blue/red/yellow highlights numbers 1-28
>>
>>51271859
You can still roll on whatever table and benefit from any re-rolls you might get from formations. Unless you're taking Farsight for his guaranteed Warlord trait, of course.
>>
>>51271837
There's a separate general for the 40k rpgs. I'd recommend asking there.
>>
File: drones.jpg (137KB, 1075x483px) Image search: [Google]
drones.jpg
137KB, 1075x483px
>>51271830
here's what i've been doing but it looks like shit from most angles
>>
File: a.jpg (12KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
12KB, 350x350px
>>
>>51271954
That's actually a neat idea. Sprues built up as rock formations, I might say that going at the really wild angles doesn't help things, but some of the ones that are still more level look nice, and the jutting rocks help mask the flight stem.

Also, really like the tiny ribbons on the antenna.
>>
>>51271956
METAL BAHWKS
>>
>>51270940
>Will Cadia actually fall and Warp spread throughout the Imperium of Man??

Anon, Cadia is dead, it has fallen, it has fucking exploded. The Eye is already three times as big.
>>
>>51271830
The new Celestine is the first time I even have anything flying and god do I hate it. Don't want to leave her on those two tiny-ass purity seals as her stand but am not a fan of sticking a plastic pole up her ass either though that is only true for miniature building.
>>
Thoughts on this list for semi-competitive/ competitive play?

IG- 1850

[HQ]- Company Command Squad- 125pts
+ Master of Ordnance, Officer of the Fleet, Vox Caster, Lascannon Heavy weapons team
(requirement for Emperors wrath Artillery formation)

[Dedicated transport]- Taurox APC-50pts

[HQ]- Tank Commander+squadron- 455pts
+ Knight Commander Pask- Punisher Leman Russ
-Multi-melta sponsons, Lascannons, Camo-netting

+Executioner Plasma tank
-Plasma cannon sponsons, Heavy Bolter, Camo Netting.

[Infantry unit]- Infantry Platoon- 275pts
+Platoon Command squad
-Vox
+3x Infantry squads
-Flamers (1 per squad)
+Heavy weapons Squad
-3x Autocannons

[Infantry Unit]- Veterans -100pts
- Vox, Plasma gun, Heavy flamer, Forward sentries doctrine

[Dedicated transport]- Chimera- 70pts
- Dozerblade, 2x Heavy bolters

[Infantry unit]-Veterans-100pts
-Vox, Plasma gun, Heavy flamer, Forward sentries doctrine

[Dedicated transport]- Chimera- 70pts
-Dozer blade, 2x Heavy bolter

[Special]- Enginseer
(Emperors wrath artillery)

[Elites]- Tempestus Scions
-Vox, 2x Melta guns

[Fast Attack]- Vendetta

[Heavy support]- Manticore
(Emperor's wrath)

[Heavy support]- Wyvern
(Emperor's wrath)

(Heavy support]- Wyvern
(Emperor's wrath)

Tactic- Fire base using HQ CCS & Artillery units for long range fire support. Tank Squadron & Veterans w/ Chimera's as an attacking arm for battlefield control, Vendetta for support & Master of Ordnance to mix things up.

Master of fleet to slow down enemy reserves/ speed up Vendetta strike team (elites ridding inside V)

Infantry platoon to bubble wrap artillery firebase & flamers to strike back should charge heavy units attack using drop pods, adding a slight defense to temp. tarpit.
>>
>>51271888
oh ok, the owner of my local gw said that if you take a decurion formation, you have to roll on that warlord trait table within that book, is there anything to support that claim?
>>
>>51271758
I'm going to keep playing 40k's successor, same as with AoS.
>>
>>51271758
Probably try to sell off what ever i have that people can still use and then move onto another hobby. Might update my PC.
>>
>>51272027
Forgot to mention, Taurox is not staying with CCS, it will move up field to support striking arm (Chimeras & Tanks) also 1 squad will break away to form support for tanks as they move up field.

I figure I only need 2 squads + PCS to guard/bubble wrap artillery. Or am I wrong in this?
>>
>>51271758
I started building historical models when Age of Sigmar came, now I'm thinking about giving 40k another try, but if it also gets changed into "Eye of Terror" or whatever, I'm just gonna give up wargaming.
>>
>>51272043
Have fun getting your CCS deleted by blast weapons once the Taurox drives away.
>>
>>51271817

The Tellyporta Blastas are the same strength and AP but with Instant Death on 6's and 2 shots instead of 1 when you call a WAAAAGH. Sure the reduced range sucks but given you can move up to 36" each turn, that's not a huge issue.

Frankly the plane sucks either way so you may as well just model what looks the best.
>>
>>51271707
>>51271681
When suddenly
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 2500pts (1).jpg (445KB, 900x2271px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 2500pts (1).jpg
445KB, 900x2271px
How are you going to handle 300 GEQs /tg/
>>
>>51272029
Basically: No. But most decurions (and faction specific FoCs for that matter) only grant the trait reroll on the specific table of the book, they come with.
>>
>>51271684
Burning of prospero, some autogun bits, a box of csm and csm terminators to mix and bits.
>>
>>51272110
Heldrakes and Vindicators
>>
>>51272110
pie plates
>>
>>51272110
ten land raiders

blow up the baneblade
drive the infantry off the board
>>
>>51272067
Well, since his emperors wrath consists of wyverns, he doesn't need it that much anyways.
>>
>>51272133
>implying you could drive 200 respawning, objective securing Conscripts off for long
>>
File: gallery_62589_11512_114537.jpg (153KB, 800x666px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_62589_11512_114537.jpg
153KB, 800x666px
>>51272110
nanyte blaster
>>
>>51272124
*autocannon
>>
>>51272111
Does the dawn blade contingent allow for reroll of non FSE warlord traits? It would be in the mont'ka book, but idk what/where it would be.
>>
>>51272110
I will send my 315 respawning alpha legion cultists + 1 dark apostle
>>
>>51271780

>Wulfrich

Yeah, that's about the level of effort I expect for Space Wolves.
>>
>>51272027
I think the Emperor's Wrath formation isn't being used to its fullest with what you're taking with it. The biggest order is Ignore Cover, and that only benefits the Manticore. I understand you intend to use the Vox casters to get more accurate bombardments, but the rest of the orders aren't being used effectively.

My advice for Emperor's Wrath is either go Basilisk, Manticore, Basilisk, or 1-2 Basilisks, Manticore, 1-2 Hydras. Hydras ignoring cover is death for skimmers and flyers.

If you want to take a Manticore and 2 Wyvern, I would suggest not even taking the formation because those 3 on their own are strong. If you drop the formation, you can drop the CCS, Engiseer and Voxs for more units.

Pask looks good.

Veterans have strange loadouts. I like the Heavy Flamer as back up crowd control, but before taking the Heavy Flamer, I would first take 2 Plasma Guns or 2 Melta Guns to give the unit focus. Forward Sentries is nice, but a bit of a waste for a unit that is strongest while inside a transport.

Scions look good.

I would recommend getting a Priest or Commissar for your 3 Infantry Squads to keep them in the fight and make sure they don't run. Otherwise great unit.
>>
>>51272147
>implying
even if you pass your leadership check from tank shock, you have to move

I'm not sure you understand how much tablespace ten land raiders take up, but let me just remind you they could very easily wall off your entire deployment zone on the first turn. And, if these land raiders are part of three land raider spearheads (because why not), they ignore all damage results aside from vehicle destroyed.
>>
>>51271684
Plague marines and terminators with the forgeworld death guard upgrade are nice and gribbly and can pretty lazily be dry brushed most of the way to a nice look.
>>
Hey guys.
Any sugestions for how to paint the purge chaos space marines, but with Vallejo colors?
>>
why do castellan robots look non-40K?
>>
>>51272266
They aren't boxy.
>>
File: Space Marines - 1500pts.jpg (148KB, 900x877px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marines - 1500pts.jpg
148KB, 900x877px
Yes, no, maybe?

I don't know.
>>
>>51272205
I was planning on taking a set of Wyverns, a Manticore, and a HQ CCS. The orders is a bonus, but the gamble of a master of ordnance & Master of fleet seemed too good to pass up.

The enginseer & taurox are taken to satisfy requirements, and they can also support attacking arm, which is why I took them. (light Tank Regen, and an extra autocannon/ blockage of LOS using taurox).

So... do you think one vet team should be focused on crowd control and the other on plasma?
And I see your point with Forward sentries. The hope was a cover save once I exit them, give a little more survivability since armour save sucks anyway. Drop them in cover for a 3+ cover is the hope.

So... maybe drop the Forward sentries doctrine for a priest to slap in the Infantry platoon?
>>
>>51272235
Black Green, Intermediate Green.
>>
>>51272067
I mean, if you want to try and get blast infantry within range of wyverns... go ahead.

And if its armour, good luck against the Manticore.

Otherwise, if it's not ordnance good luck getting LOS.
>>
>>51272110
Green Tide for maximum bullshit games
>>
>>51272307
I think you could stand to swap out a few Initiates for Neophytes in some of those squads. Might help save a few points that could be spent giving that last Crusader squad a weapon.

Better yet, that last Crusader squad might be better as a Scout squad. Even with close-combat weapons, it's better to save the points there if you're just taking a random troop squad anyway.
>>
File: 20170118_034101.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170118_034101.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
I'm building my Black Templar correctly, right gaiz?
>>
>>51272282
:(
>>
>>51272340
Was actually thinking of sticking Coteaz into that squad to give him a wall of 3+ armor if he's to be attacked. But I guess you have a point about swapping Initiates for Scouts, as they are practically identical in melee anyway.
>>
>>51272110
Pink horrors with the super split thing on a herald.
>>
Redpill me on the boxed board games, are they any fun / worth the 100+ euros?
>>
>>51272352
Needs more RIP AND TEAR.

But it's going in the right direction.
>>
File: GITZ (2).jpg (333KB, 875x988px) Image search: [Google]
GITZ (2).jpg
333KB, 875x988px
>>51272110

BRING IT ON
>>
>>51272392
>>51272110
Somebody needs to play this shit and upload a BatRep on YouTube.
>>
>>51272110
>>
>>51272377
They're all somewhere from fine to great. BoP, BaC and Overkill are great for models.
>>
>>51272377
>Redpill me
kill yourself

the boxed games are always at least capable. If you want the models they're worth it. If you're only interested in the game, find some playthroughs/reviews online and see if it looks good to you.
>>
>>51272403

I've got 180 Boyz painted, and if I proxied in other Boyz sized models like Kommandos I could probably get pretty close.
>>
>>51272316
>So... do you think one vet team should be focused on crowd control and the other on plasma?
Yes, good idea.

>So... maybe drop the Forward sentries doctrine for a priest to slap in the Infantry platoon?
Yes, good idea.

I think I can see your thought process. You already wanted to bring a CCS, 2 Wvyern and a Manticore, so why not make it an Emperor's Wrath formation by adding in an Engiseer? That's what I'm assuming went on.

I still think it's a waste of the formation because Wyvern benefit so little from it outside of the pinning order, but I guess it's not a bad idea since an Engiseer is nice. In the future if you ever go up against someone who uses a lot of skimmers or flyers, try out a squadron of 2 Hydras with the Emp's Wrath formation.
>>
>>51272110
2500 points of talos pain engines.
>>
>>51272434
Do it, anon. Be my hero.

Only ever saw one German Green Tide game at like 1500 points and even there the Ork guy filled literally his entire spawning zone with Orks and it was absolutely hilarious before he was slaughtered by Slaanesh demons.
>>
File: Octorok.jpg (31KB, 487x353px) Image search: [Google]
Octorok.jpg
31KB, 487x353px
>>51271755
I'm so hungry I could eat an octorock!/10
>>
How close do you think we are to another rules update?
>>
Guys help. I'm retarded. I've spent this entire edition thinking FMCs can only jink if they were in Swooping mode.

I run Nurgle daemon princes.

Fuck I'm dumb.
>>
>>51272481
I say 6 months.
>>
>>51272481
Around 5-6 months.
>>
>>51272498
>>51272494
is this in keeping with previous updates?
>>
File: 1850 Emperor's Wrath CAD.jpg (311KB, 900x1357px) Image search: [Google]
1850 Emperor's Wrath CAD.jpg
311KB, 900x1357px
Talking about Emperor's Wrath made me feel like making a list for it.
>>
File: hawkamania.jpg (161KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
hawkamania.jpg
161KB, 1024x768px
>>51272110
Easy
>>
>>51272392
This is the game that never ends
>>
>>51272110
There's only one real tide inside the Imperium and it's black.
>>
>>51272332
Don't you mean barrage?
Anyways if he's keeping it out LOS then there's literally no reason to have a lascannon team on it. May as well drop the lascannon team and the taurox and just take another chimera.
>>
>>51272020
Scenic base, have her foot clipping a crumbling wall or something
>>
>>51270672
can space wolf terminators deep strike? i thought they couldnt but a buddy says they can.

im not finding anything in the rulebook to support my claim that they cant
>>
>>51272686
All terminators can deep strike. Fluff wise Space Wolves don't like to, but they are still capable of it.
>>
Has anyone here fielded or faced against Remora Drones before? They look cool on paper but how is their actual performance? Thinking of including one as a flyer for harassment.
>>
>>51272686
No, but they can charge out of rhinos
>>
New player here
I've been building and fluffing out my dark eldar army to be their own Kabal, but effectively the bitches of the Kabal of the Obsidian Rose, so they have their own colours but fly under the flag of Aestra Khromys.

I noticed that in my Start Collecting set there are some transfers of the Obsidian Rose, but there's not all that many of them...are there other places to easily get transfers, or am I stuck trying to freehand them without buying another Start Collecting set?
>>
>>51272686
in older editions of the rules they couldn't
>>
>>51272727
NARRATIVE GAME
>>
>>51272436
I agree that the Hydra's are highly beneficial against a flyer heavy army.

But (at least in my meta) a large number of flyers isn't all too common. (at most maybe 2-3)

With Ignores cover Wyverns & manticore I can still deal with skimmers (ignoring that Jink save). Though if my enemy is running heavy skimmers with high jink saves, my Manticore will be prime target and harder to keep alive. Hence the enginseer & bubble wrap. They will need at least some decent long range ordnance.

I appreciate your input though. The Priest makes a lot of sense, and more specialized vets works as well.
>>
>>51272629
Not really. The MOS & OOF don't work within the Chimera (at least that's my understanding of it) and the Lascannon team can be chained out to gain LOS (using regular guard to peek left or right out of cover).

Keeping a Chimera that far back is almost a waste as well, as those weapons are not shooting.
>>
>>51272730
Your Lfgs might have some. Or you can probably order them from GW directly.
>>
>>51272767
Excuse me MOO (Master of ordnance, typo there).
>>
>>51272712
they're pretty good
>>
File: Cult Mechanicus - 2490pts.jpg (170KB, 900x706px) Image search: [Google]
Cult Mechanicus - 2490pts.jpg
170KB, 900x706px
>>51272110
With shocking developments.
>>
File: dark eldar 750.png (140KB, 876x660px) Image search: [Google]
dark eldar 750.png
140KB, 876x660px
>>51272772
thanks mate.

Short followup question, regarding dedicated transports:

the Raider can carry 10 units total. that means that I will not be able to carry a squad of 10 and my archon, right? I need to keep the squad at 9 to put the Archon on it?
>>
>>51272785
Thanks, Ocelot. Any tips on how to use them? I'm hearing a lot about "Don't start them as a flyer, DS them and THEN fly so they come in round 1". But that makes them vulnerable.
>>
>>51272794
>324 points
>for 18 T3 shitbags
jesus christ.
>>
>>51272803
>nearly 40$
>for only 5 of them
>>
>>51271662
Putting the Haywire relic on a Holy Requisitioner Tech Dom sounds pretty nice against vehicle heavy lists.

Perfect deepstrike within 6" of an objective and bring your haywire/torsion cannon friends.

Instant vehicle rape. Or hell, just replace the Tech Dom with Cawl and shoot the shit out of a vehicle with your D3 S10 melta shots when you land, then charge with your arc scourge the next turn.

Cawl is a good buff commander, but an amazing backline distraction Stormsurge
>>
>>51272800
>DS them and THEN fly so they come in round 1
Can't deepstrike turn 1 unless you're marines in certain formations.

Do just as you said, use them for harrasment. I use mine in pairs and jink all day untill i can aim from behind his vehicles and then fire a seeker missile. Then just tap things with your burst cannons. They're inexpensive flyers that can be anoyingly hard to bring down.

>>51272814
Don't remind me anon
I unironically bought a box of them before having read their rules. Now they've been unassembled for months and now i'm just gonna convert them into arco-flagelants.
>>
File: chrome_2017-01-18_02-55-35.png (104KB, 893x536px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-01-18_02-55-35.png
104KB, 893x536px
Newfag, how is this?
>>
File: LordofSkulls02.png (800KB, 641x627px) Image search: [Google]
LordofSkulls02.png
800KB, 641x627px
So why do the people hate the Lord of Skulls?
>>
>>51272767
I didn't mean for him to keep the chimera held back, he could send it up to be "fire support" instead of the taurox. The Taurox is going to melt as soon as anything looks at it. Also if the cannon team doesn't have LoS it can't fire if I remember the BRB correctly.
>>
>>51272392
That's what 300 orks? Not a problem I've killed more in a single game with SoB.

Flamers, Flamers everywhere!

The only time Penitente Engines where any good
>>
>>51272851
>OSC at 500 points
Is your meta particularily vehicles heavy or what ? otherwise that's pretty overkill.
>>
>>51272838
Alright, sweet. Sounds good yeah, it seems like it's very self-sufficient, having a networked markerlight and TL guns. I will always fly it since it's ridiculously fragile.
>>
>>51272410
>Unpainted
>Watermark
>Tau
>>
>>51272869
I just like the way the stealth suits and ghostkeels look.

Should I do something else?
>>
>>51272859
Overcosted.
>>
>>51272859
they were born with eyes
>>
>>51272862
Ok I did remember correctly, LoS is by model, not by unit. So you can't give the lascannon team LoS by poking a regular guardsman out.
>>
File: Tau - 2500pts.jpg (151KB, 900x863px) Image search: [Google]
Tau - 2500pts.jpg
151KB, 900x863px
>>51272110
With overwhelming firepower.
>>
>>51272880
>thatsthejoke.wav
>>
File: test 90.png (46KB, 676x902px) Image search: [Google]
test 90.png
46KB, 676x902px
>>51272851
Two formations below 750 points is pointless, not enough points to actually flesh it out, try this instead.
Note: Etherals are generally not the best choice of warlord, they are good hq units, but you should almost always use a battlesuit as a warlord.
>>51272882
>>
>>51272882
It's perfectly fine for letting you take lots of stealth suits if that's what you like.
I was just pointing out that you're not gonna be facing many vehicles at 500 points.

>>51272859
its shit in every way
>>
>>51272904
Those big robots are illegal, we are not playing apocalypse.

I still remember one a bunch of people during s tournament including the organizer troll the shit out of the Tau player for bringing riptide wings and Stormsurges to 1500 newbie friendly tournament.

They basically their robots when they did anything. When the taufag asked for a help the organizers they told him to remove this anime models from the table because it might confuse the new players.

After that he only brought his broken shit in tournament things where broken, op and pure cheese was encouraged. Not to bloody newbie tournaments and casual games.
>>
>>51272943
>Those big robots are illegal, we are not playing apocalypse.

No they're not, they're fine. Literally making up rules because you dislike dairy.
>>
>>51272904
So.... you are limiting your shooting heavily for survivability?

What happens when you get lascannon HW teams laying down the pain with Ignores cover?

Or say Ignores cover Basilisks from long range while you are tar pitted. There is more to Tau than OMG Rip tides.
>>
>Bought 3 boxes of Triumvirate from my FLGS for 20% discount (£40) ((£120)
Then I hopped on eBay
>Sold x 2 Celestine for £25.99
>Sold x 1 Cawl for £29.99
>Sold x 2 GreyFax for £22.99

Keep for myself

x 1 Celestine
x 2 Cawl
x 1 Greyfax

After fees, they cost me about £10

This is a pretty cheap hobby, desu.
>>
>51272943
Such a low quality bait. Not even giving you (you)'s for that.
>>
>>51272962
Yes they are. Also no AV so out right cheating.
>>
Are those "start collecting" boxes a good investment?
>>
>>51272970
its clearly a joke senpai
>>
>>51272983
Why are you so lactose intolerant, Anon?
>>
>>51272977
What is the point of pre-order if I can just got to any store, buy them for cheaper and get them before the guys that pre-order.

Get your shit together GW
>>
>>51272983
Unless you're talking about house rules for your local flgs/tournament Lords of War are allowed in combined arms detachments now. Also how is lacking AV cheating?
>>
>>51272990
For the most part, yes. Orks aren't.
>>
>>51272978
alright /tg/ we really need to talk about:
>how to link posts
and
>how not every facetious/ironic post is bait, there is such a thing as a "joke"
>>
>>51272999
Robots that big not being walker. Must be cheating.
>>
>>51272998

It's illogical as fuck.

Plus being friends with the FLGS owner, I get my stuff on the Thursday 2 days before the stuff in the shop.

People that order Items for preorder from Games Workshop and have them delivered get their stuff 5 days after me.
>>
>>51273003
I saw a "Start collecting: Skitarii" set at a local store that sells warhams, and was thinking about getting either that or an Imperial knight.
>>
>>51273006
He was intentionally not linking him, Anon.
>>
>>51273018
oh shit i might be retarded
>>
>>51273017
Sure, get two. Really great box.

>>51273025
Sorry you had to find out this way.
>>
>>51272859
You can get a quad turbo-laser warhound and then some for the price of one Lord of Skulls.

I personally don't mind the looks, since it's evoking the old Lord of Battles and tank body Knights, but it sure a shit need to be priced more like a Knight than a titan.
>>
>>51272970
Riptides and Stormsurges are toughest thing in whole codex.

I would shoot the the HWTs. They die to a single riptide.

Basilisk I would ignore since they only have ap3.
>>
>>51273017
It's a $141 box worth of models for $85. It's pretty good.
>>
>>51273016
Still waitIng for my shit from last year.

Wonder if axing costumer service is the reason of their new profit.

Blocking from Facebook and not responding my mail.

Cancelling the order and no giving refunds.
>>
>>51273034
>Get two
I wish, they only had one. I kinda want them to pair up with my Imperial fists. Maybe eventually I'll get admech too.
>>
>>51272543

That really is the hardest counter. All those nades... All those guardsman...
>>
>>51273048
wtf?

Sounds like you might need to go to your localstore
>>
>>51272993
I actually own 9 riptides. Costed my as much as three so decided Fuck it, lets go all out. Hail Chinaman!
>>
>>51271662
This new Quantum Annihilator also seems really fucking good to put on either a Dominus inside a Holy Requisitioner, a Sicadian Alpha or a Vaguard Alpha. Possibly even a Datasmith if you REALLY want to kill shit hard.
>>
>>51272941
>>51272942
The +1 BS and ignore cover seemed good, are stealth suits not as good as just taking other units?

Can I not make the ghostkeel my warlord?

Sorry for newfag questions
>>
>>51273010
It's clearly a walker but that doesn't mean it's a vehicles, in fact I think a majority of walkers aren't vehicles.
>>
>>51273078
Finally someone get it.

God damn you are dense /tg/

>>51273059
No one sells GW shit here, not because they don't sell, but for some reason GW gives a hard time to anyone trying to sell their shit.
>>
>>51273074
The +1 Bs and ignores cover + hitting rear AV is good, but you won't be able to use it effectively at 500 or less points, since you don't get to equip them well with the wargear they need. optimised stealth cadre is good once you get to the 750 point since you can equip it well with what you need.
Also, not that stealthsuits are bad, but they aren't used much due to the high point cost they have, only redeemed when a homing beacon is taken, since it is the only unique item they have.
tldr: formations do not get taken before the 750 point margin, stealth suits are only good in formations, ghostkeel cannot be your warlord.
You should consider whether you want to play standard tau or farsight enclaves, farsight enclaves get xv8 suits as troop choices and some extra wargear, while having access to different formations, though you can still run normal tau formations as a seperate detachment, and they all work together perfectly.
>>
File: Eldar - 2000pts.jpg (140KB, 900x960px) Image search: [Google]
Eldar - 2000pts.jpg
140KB, 900x960px
>>51270672
Made a fluffy eldar list and was wondering what you guys think. Is it too under-powered to have fun with? Or can I make a sub optimal list like this work as with the fluff?
>>
File: sad pepe 18.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
sad pepe 18.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>51273093
>gw gives a hard time to anyone trying to sell their shit
>tfw ausfags don't even get lgs that sell gw, all of them cucked by kirby or whoever it was.
>>
File: vPY5VOT.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
vPY5VOT.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
>>51272865

>I killed a horde army with a flamer heavy list

good job friend
>>
>>51273070
Chinaman is life, chinaman is love.

Specially when getting bitz or FW crap.
Some times I get better quality shit from china than FW.

It almost feels like recaster need to fix the shit they recast before making them.
>>
>>51273115

Well if your only playing for fluff, you might just run unbound, then you don't have to restrict yourself to OP units like guardians.
>>
File: image.jpg (243KB, 846x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243KB, 846x1200px
>>51273124
I honestly thought Orks would overwhelm my MSU list.

God damn Orks are bad right now
>>
>>51273113
What does an osc look like kitted out?

Fusion blades look cool, but 50 points for them seem alot.

Should I look at the coldstar suit?

Currently have some stealth suits, a ghost keel, and the get started box. Should I get the commander next?
>>
>>51273039
>>51272904
I honestly don't know what I would do against such a list... I've got a very large daemon army but I don't have the right numbers of models for the cheese formations.

Taking about three CADs I run one of each greater daemon, one of each prince bar Khorne, one of each herald and two of each lesser daemon squad backed up with chariots of each god (bar Nurgle because he doesn't have any) and my Tzeentch soul grinder.

I'd be a diverse and inclusive rainbow of doom but could I win?
>>
How do I make a viable Black Templars list?

Is the only way to win with them just not to play them and use a different chapter instead?
>>
>>51273115
Feeling like you should replace the Guardians with bikes and giving the Farseer a Seer Council if you want to go really fluffy, the list as it is right now is pretty OP with those Guardians and that War Walker.
>>
>>51273138
They are ridiculously weak, and doubly so to flamers. You're winning that one.
>>
>>51273161
Just don't fall for the fluff meme.

relentless dev squads, SnP captain in dev squads, free transports, it's not hard to make a good space marine list when you're not focused on making a 'Black Templar' list.
>>
Is there such a thing as a golden curve for how many % of your points a single unit should cost and what your boys vs toys ratio should be in regards to that percentage?

Trying to get a bit of a feeling for 850 point games since I'm used to 4-digit games where you have much more room to mess around with things.
>>
>>51273181
>>51273138
>wound on 4+
>choppa bounces off 3+
>I2
Such iz life in da WAAGH.
>>
>>51270841
Coh2 is objectively better than coh1 you fucking shitter
>>
File: OSC test.png (52KB, 676x940px) Image search: [Google]
OSC test.png
52KB, 676x940px
>>51273150
Fusion blades are taken usually as a joke, though if you take farsight, there is reason to take them, also worth noting that retaliation cadre makes them viable-ish.
Coldstar is terrible, leave it alone unless you're trying to cheese an all flyer list.
Commander is generally a useless model, run a standard xv8 suit as a commander, everyone is fine with it since they effectively look the same, alternatively, if you want a different-ish looking xv8, try and find an xv84, a forgeworld variant which gives a networked makerlight plus target lock, turning your commander is a great support unit for power models.
If you are considering farsight, take a look at the dawnblade contingent in montka in the mega
If you are interested in vanilla tau, take a look at hunter contingent in kauyon in the mega

Regardless of which you pick, a broadside and then a riptide would be a good pick, as it fits well into both formations
Another rule: always have minimum 2 shield drones built, gun drones are bad unless running a gimmick spam army. markerlight drones are your best friend, unless building pathfinder drones, they are good and so is the mv36 guardian drones, should you ever field breachers.
tldr: build your broadside drones as markerlight, unless you have less than 2 shield drones, same applied to everything else you build/buy.
here is a minimum size OSC
the primary weapons change depending on what you're fighting, and early warning override is optional, if fighting deep strikers.
>>
>>51273188
This.
Look, anon, codex marine forces are supposed to be well rounded battalions capable of dealing with a variety of battle circumstances, or expressly created to directly counter and destroy an enemy force.
How often do you see a truly combined arms marine force? A hard counter marine force?
>>
>>51271755
I like it, anon. You gonna put some sensors on the surface above the cannon to make it look more like an insect?
>>
>>51271758
Keep playing 40k because im not a little faggot? This isnt videogames you dont have to follow updated
>>
>>51273188
So the answer is still "play a shooty standard list but essentially have no Chapter Tactics and no Psykers".

Might as well just say they're Iron Hands at that point to get well-rounded Chapter Tactics at that point.
>>
File: plague.png (72KB, 696x690px) Image search: [Google]
plague.png
72KB, 696x690px
>>51273188

>How do I play Black Templars
>Don't play Black Templars!
>Fluff is just a meme
>>
>>51273320
Just do what blood angels do and equip them with flamers and meltas so you can assault after you shoot.
>>
>>51272859
It's a Defiler that got so fat and overburdened with crap that it needs a rascal to get around.
>>
>>51273219
>Commander is generally a useless model
That's a shame, I really prefer the proportions on it over the more stubby normie xv8s

>forgeworld
Is it worth getting any as a new player? xv9s look pretty good.
>>
File: 1850DGV.png (355KB, 864x1270px) Image search: [Google]
1850DGV.png
355KB, 864x1270px
reposting my favorite non-fluffy DG list
>>
>>51273341
>tfw Blood Angel Tac Squads are pretty much better assault units than Crusaders
It hurts.
Would it REALLY break them if they at least also got Furious Charge?
>>
Yeah for that's pts cost?
420pts is 12 lascannons min. With 2 wyverns in support that kill the pathfinders & drones... Your list is effectively hard countered with 600 pts, good luck killing a spread out set of 4 weapons teams in cover (or more considering pts)
>>
>>51273369
>it's not that it's useless, it's just that it's role can be filled by a standard xv8, feel free to pick up a commander model later, once you've fleshed out your models.
Forgeworld:
Forgeworld makes many nice things for tau (2nd favourite race for FW to make stuff for after sm)
the tau'nar armour is op
the xv109 is op
the xv107is close to op
barracuda ax-5-2: is the best points-to-power flyer in the game. deep striking strength 10 ap1 railguns anyone? (close to op)
remora drones: are great flyers, run them in squads of 2-4 so you can use death form the skies formations for them.
XV84 is good, great in a buffmander markerlight squad
XV81, situational, though is great against horde armies
XV9s, a bit too expensive for what the do, best used in a shadowsun unit for a 2+ armour deathstar.
Tigershark (normal): good, but wait for the refresh from FW coming soon
Tigershark ax-1-0: only flying S:D weapon in the game, too expensive, wait for forgeworld refresh.
Manta: if you can afford one, you will never lose a game.
>Emphasis on AFFORD ONE
everyhing else from forgeworld is lackluster/bad/not updated

Pro-tip: china cast forgeworld is half the price for the same/slightly worse/alot better quality.
>>
How did you find your way to 40k or warhammer in general?

As for me my friends urged me for years to play with them. (and when i finally got an army they dropped in completely and switched to warmahordes)
>>
>>51273381
Why the autocannons on the turkeys?
Is it just more av or what?
>>
>>51273473
Me and my friends played the LoTR sbg when the Lord of the Rings was all the craze. From the rulebooks I started looking up other GW models and eventually expanded from fantasy of LoTR into scifantasy of 40k.
>>
>>51273070
>>51273132

Does Z still use his Nobz email? I've never ordered, but that's the only one I've been able to find.
>>
>>51273499
I looked over the profiles of both options and the baleflamer is by far better but I don't think I can reliably take down flyers with 8 autocannons havocs
>>
>>51273510
War of the Ring was great. Shame it's dead and gone.
>>
File: an pepe.jpg (72KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
an pepe.jpg
72KB, 709x765px
>>51273473
battlefleet gothic
>tfw gw cucked it, like all things gw does.
at least tau is also good on the table top in vanilla 40k
>>
>>51273385
>melee marines are better in melee
Well... yes?

Use units unique to you alongside crusader squads in rhinos like assault centurions and cataphractii.
>>
>>51273567
>implying a unit that can literally take only melee weapons in a melee chapter aren't also melee marines
>>
>>51273473
I saw a picture of the Death Company in a White Dwarf a friend brought to school one day. I thought the design was cool.

Been with the Blood Angels from killing Goff Ork clones in 2nd Edition boxed set to now.
>>
File: images (5).jpg (21KB, 321x458px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
21KB, 321x458px
>>51273473
I always saw this guy at work reading books with cool artwork on them. One day I asked him about it, and he said it was for a board game. He showed me the imperial guard codex, explained that you build, paint and play games with the models. The next day, I walked into games workshop, picked up a necron codex, and I've been poor ever since.
>>
So why is there no epub for the Space Marine codex?
>>
>>51273550
>walked past gw store in mall my parents went to every weekend
>see the awesome bfg stuff in the window and think it looks amazing
>couple years later start actually trying to get into this stuff
>it's all gone
>>
>>51273614
It's still possible to get your hands on BFG minis and recast them. It's even easier to make them from 40k bitz and plasticard. The game system is never dead until there are no people playing it, and I guarantee you just like Blood Bowl people still play BFG. Perhaps just like Blood Bowl it'll get GW and FW recognition again.
>>
>>51273527
Yes and no. The Nobz one is one of his employee if I understand correctly and my broken English along with theirs and my minimum understanding of China language is correct
>>
>>51272266
They are very 40k just 2e 40k. Look up some of the old imperial robots artwork. The are almost exact copies of the Castellan of that era.
>>
>>51273630
>people still play it
>banned in all gw stores in aus
>no lgs that play 40k in aus, even less chance to play bfg
>sold my army
i'll wait for the reboot, then pick up chinacast
>>
>>51273473
>wanted some easy to digest sci-fi to read at work
>gave Horus Heresy a try
>loved the lore, dove into 40k head first
Now I just have to stop being an autist and actually finish an army so I can play some games irl.
>>
>>51273587
Sorry but you're inferior to the real melee marines.
You can beat less melee attuned armies but you'll never beat blood angels in melee.

Try shooting.
>>
>>51273473
Brother had a Blood Angels army he never did anything with. I fucked around with them when I was like 3. I regret breaking their arms off.
>>
>>51273651
I had to introduce BFG to my friends and my LGS which included a couple different fleets and knowledge of the rules. Luckily it's incredibly easy to build fleets from the weapon bitz of armies, especially those like Tyranids. It got to the point where half the place was making all they needed with a 40k troop choice box, some going above and beyond to make really nice armadas.
>>
Is it worth upgrading a captain to a chapter master for the orbital bombardment and extra wound?
>>
>>51270672
Do units inside a transport also count as the unit being charged for the purposes of overwatch and the like?

I didn't think so, but saw some reference to DE splinter racks being used for twin-linked overwatch, and subsequently went on a search through every relevant section of the rulebook and FAQs, but I didn't find a definite answer one way or the other.

Does anyone here know for sure whether or not passengers can fire overwatch (out of an open-topped vehicle if it matters)?
>>
>>51273681
>meant to be melee army
>lose to Blood Angels, Space Wolves and CSM in melee fights
>shooting
>lose to every other chapter with any benefit that's not melee focused
>get unique formation
>needs 2 unique characters and a whole guard platoon to even use, all from different factions
>not even worth the effort

They should just give us Black Templar players a swift and painless squatting and stop this mockery.
>>
>>51273473
Played a couple really old Games Workshop videogames of the fantasy and 40k settings when I was young but didn't know there was a physical tabletop game they were based off of. I paid for my first model, Ghazghkull Thraka which was $35 entirely in quarters.
>>
>>51273748
BT are the Ork/SoB of marine armies.

They sell enough to not squat them, but not enough to make them decent
>>
>>51273850
Imagine if they released a campaign focused on Helbrecht/Yarrick vs Ghazghkull.

That shit would either be the saddest and lowest power-level campaign in years or be the revival for both factions that they so desperately need.
>>
>>51273718
Only if you have a plan beyond that.
>>51273735
>Do units inside a transport also count as the unit being charged for the purposes of overwatch and the like?
No.
>>51273748
Anon, what that means is that you can't go full unga and expect to charge everything and win. It's like thinking 30k EC are a "melee army" because they get +1I and bonuses to combat res, it means they can throw down, but you still shoot fuckers.
Be judicious with your melee, use your guns to whittle them down, mop up with fisticuffs, don't be stupid and assume that "melee rules" means you are always gonna win a scrap, or should charge everything.
>>
>>51273879
You really want another YarrickvGhazghkull?..
>>
>>51273897
I don't WANT one, but it's inevitable that they'll do one of them again at some point in the future.
>>
Is there any reason to take one Inquisitor over another Ordo's if I plan on taking them blank?
>>
>>51273911
Fluff reasons, but otherwise no.
>>
>>51273850
>tfw remember when bt got that first awesome chapter upgrade sprue and everyone suddenly played bt
>>
So wait, if a Drop Pod that's a dedicated transport for a Troop choice in the Castellan detachment dies and respawns, I basically just get to drop a 12 armor 3 HP Storm Bolter somewhere on the battlefield or on top of some objective to secure it, right?
>>
>>51273943
>if a Drop Pod that's a dedicated transport for a Troop choice in any ObSec detachment dies and respawns, I basically just get to drop a 12 armor 3 HP Storm Bolter somewhere on the battlefield or on top of some objective to secure it
Yes, and it is as bullshit as it sounds, and I'm a long time SM player.
>>
>>51273943
Anon, why would GW ever make rules as silly as respawning, contesting, potentially ObSec drop pods?

Yes, you can
>>
>>51273959
But anon, the drop pods can't have ObSec in that detachment.

Deep striking, respawning Scions do, however.
>>
I've worked out that, with Gangs of Commorragh coming out soon, I'll be able to make a full 1k DEldar army under £100.

That's pretty damn cool.
>>
>>51272865
>The only time Penitente Engines where any good
>I have never heard of zone mortalis
>>
>>51273977
Oops, I forgot Coteaz was only for non-vehicles
>>
>Guard still not looking to get anything from this shitshot
wonderful.
>>
What's the difference between the various kinds of =I='s again
>>
>>51273651
There are places in Aus to play 40K. HoH does.
>>
>>51273936
I had Melee BT way before the set show up.
Used old Blood Claw sets (the old Melee space wolf set)
>>
>>51274003
Who the fuck plays with that? Let alone buy one or make one.
>>
>>51274016
Malleus hunts daemons
Xenos hunts aliens
Hereticus hunts chaos worshippers and other heretics
>>
>>51274016
>>51274060
there are many many more ordos than that, but GW only did rules for 3 of them - they are all fluffed out on the 6th ed inquisition book
>>
>>51274034
I do
I made a zone mortals board out of a block of styrofoam that I cut into different sized strips and attached to boards to mimic the official zone mortals board.
Took an afternoon to make but it's quite fun and easy to play. 1000 points and few vehicles is refreshing in 40k.
>>
>>51274060
No I mean the actual I symbols.
>>
>>51274034
>Purchase wooden planks
>glue two 10x10cm squares into corners
>glue two 2x10 strips at the end of a 10x10 for hallways
>spraypaint black, drybrush metal
It's cheap, and ZM is great for when your playgroup owns <2000 points each and games become samey.
>>
Speaking of Black Templar: would it be a good idea to put 5 crusaders into a Drop Pod, give the Sword Brother a Combi-Grav and the other 2 a Grav-Gun and a Grav-Cannon and use them as a suicide squad, or is that way too much of a point investment to be worth doing?
>>
>>51274094
How the hell does the game get samey? Unless the local player base are bunch of waacfags

But I do get your point. Not actually needed since we still play Necromunda, things like HoR, Mordheim. So we have a lot of heavy terrain things and small boards for that.

I do enjoy the stupidly of no levels in ruins. Flaming completely a 6 level building is funny
>>
File: 1472833134533.gif (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472833134533.gif
1MB, 1280x720px
I know this is a WIP question, but it seems that thread is down so I'll ask here.

Anyone have a easy guide to cream coloured robes?

I aparently can't paint that to safe the life of me.
>>
>>51274157
There's several pretty good ones online that I used before. Google is actually a reliable help with that issue.
>>
>>51274125
>How the hell does the game get samey?
Everyone has just enough points for a normal game.
Everyone plays the same lists all the time.
This gets old after a while.
>>
The whole thing with editions and what can and can't be played always confuses me, can someone affirm if I'm allowed to use the special manouvres from crusade of fire in games, or has it been somehow overruled by death from the skies? I don't really feel like buying DftS and neither do the players in our group, whats the deal?
>>
File: Rune Priest.jpg (1MB, 4028x1236px) Image search: [Google]
Rune Priest.jpg
1MB, 4028x1236px
>>51274157
Prime White.
Base ushabti bone.
Wash seraphim sephia.
Highlight ushabit bone on any raised points.
Highlight White again on any extreme thin raised areas / angles.
>>
>>51274236
How? Beside massive waacfags why would you bring the same list over and over again?
>>
>>51273735
Passengers can fire Overwatch out of a vehicle if the vehicle is being charged but don't count as a unit being charged.
Open-topped just let's more dudes shoot out, a regular Rhino lets two guys shoot out if charged as well.
It's under the Transports section in Vehicles if I remember correctly.
>>
IF I have, say, a single model inside a unit that has a non-Assault X weapon but the rest of the models has Assault weapons, can I choose not to fire that non-Assault weapon in order to still charge?
>>
>>51274274
Not him but not everyone has the luxury of having like 5000+ points worth of an army to dick around with when making a list, especially when starting out.
That first time you manage to hit enough models for a 1500-1850 point game without pointless upgrades to pad it out is pretty great and often a lot of people just sit in that spot for a while.
A radical change in board would then help shake things up a bit.
>>
>>51274293

Yes.
The non-assault weapon model could also throw an assault grenade or fire a pistol.
>>
>>51273438
>Tigershark ax-1-0: only flying S:D weapon in the game, too expensive, wait for forgeworld refresh.
But that's wrong.
The thunderhawk can have S:D
>>
>>51274293
Yes.
Depending on the army though they typically either have a pistol to shoot or a type of grenade to throw in lieu of it you still want to charge.
>>
>>51270908
Valkyrie/10, take the flyer formation to ensure everything comes in turn 2.
>>
>>51274274
I explicitly stated we all had <2000 pts of models.
>>
>>51274377
Some times I forget people are younger than some models still sold by GW.
>>
>>51273630
>Perhaps just like Blood Bowl it'll get GW and FW recognition again
It will. It was one of the games explicitly mentioned when GW announced the return of specialist games
>>
>>51274400
Why are you confusing youth with when someone got into the game, anon?
>>
Anons, what are the chances of a GEQ and MEQ/TEQ passing a Blind test?

Also, are Warp Talons good? They seem pretty good looking at them in my KdK codex.
>>
>>51274409
Still with 500 points you can play more shit than just regular 40k.

New players might explain why some many idiots think 40k is not a setting
>>
>>51274418
GEQ is 1/2
MEQ and TEQ is 2/3

Isn't it just an I test?
>>
>>51274475
Yes, why?
>>
>>51274487
I was just wondering why that anon needed help. I tests are obvious and the statline of GEQ and MEQ should be memorized.
The answer was so obvious that I didn't know why anon asked it in the first place.
>>
>>51274094
I've been meaning to set up a ZM board in a similar way, though I figured that plasterboard or something would be easier to work with and transport.
>>
So, question.
Why does /40kg/ love the Gatling Cannon on the knight over the battle or thermal cannon?
Sure it's S6 Ap3 and heavy 3 with rending so it isn't bad. But the range isn't that great either and it doesn't seem like it would be useful against vehicles, MC's or other super heavies/ Super MC's.
The Thermal cannon is only 1 shot at strength 9 Large Blast, and has melta. Against big shit this seems the weapon of choice. Hell against light vehicles it's guaranteed to do something and if it pens (which is very likely even at 36") on light to medium armor (AV 10-12) The target blows up on a 5. That seems like a very useful gun. And since it's AP1, large blast should I have a riptide in my sights I can wound that sunnovabitch on a 2+, or a demon prince, or anything really. That weapon kills tanks, MC's or anything in it's path.

The battle cannon feels like a sad middle ground between the two. A good Troop killer for none TEQ, and good against light/medium AV and good but not great against MC's and super MC's but it has RANGE so it can reach out and touch someone and doesn't need line of sight.

So Why is the Avenger 40kg's choice weapon?

What am I missing /40kg/
>>
>>51272150
You sick motherfucker.
>>
File: Heresy 30.jpg (115KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Heresy 30.jpg
115KB, 500x500px
>>51272150
>>
>>51274632
Its liturally great against
>MCs
>90% of infantry
>vehcles
where as the battle cannon cant take as many HP off tanks, and the thermal cannon is butts
>>
>>51274632
Multiple shots add up quick. The fat long is accurate and can quickly glance a tank to death, for instance.

Thermal Canon's range limits basically mean you'll be charging with your sword soon anyway, so its best against enemy super heavy walkers.

Battle Canon's big advantage his range. It'll deal havoc to clustered tanks and infantry, but generally the fat long is better in close quarters.
>>
>>51274746
Vehicles? Okay Average AV I've faced so far is 12. Out of 12 shots about 8 on average will hit. Of those 8...1 will have an effect. Without the +2 to penning roll that the thermal gets that won't count for much.
>>
>>51272859
Has a meme point cost
>>
>>51274805
you are looking to glance shit. the thermal cannon only gets one hit, and has to be within 18 to do the melta. but w/e i dont play knights, so i am probs wrong
>>
>>51273138
>Man I though paper would overwhelm my scissors.
>>
>>51271758
If it's shit then I'm going to Kings of War full time.
>>
>>51274805
Yes. But vs MCs it will on average 4 Wounds. And "most MCs" only have a 3+

Vs Battle Cannon / Thermal only doing 2/1 wound.

The Gatling is the well rounded weapon.
>>
>>51274805
Gatling starts to fall short on AV12+
But on AV10-11 it's good at glancing.
With 4 HPs on 10 and 2 on AV11. While with Thermal you're banking on explosion.

Coupled with wounding infantry on 2+, and MCs on 4+ it's the Take-All-Comers weapon.
Also can double as AA in a pinch. Something blasts can't do
>>
>>51271758
>he thinks 40k will die
40k is enternal
>>
>>51270908
I don't see what the lord commisar adds, I think those points could be better spent
>>
>>51274876
>>51274919
Well sounds like it is worth an experimental try. I'll test it out and see how it does. I don't think it's many more points than the thermal.
>>
File: Tease and tear until its done.jpg (376KB, 1080x900px) Image search: [Google]
Tease and tear until its done.jpg
376KB, 1080x900px
After reading Gathering Storm part1

i came to a conclusion that GeeDubs knows of Lovehammer's existence, and Celestine is 40k Usagi Sailor Moon
>>
Really want to read up some some Thousand Sons and Alpha Legion, but it seems like the only real sources for that stuff are the HH novels; if I picked up Legion and A Thousand Sons, will they make sense and give good background fluff for those respective legions if I haven't read any of the other HH books?
>>
>>51274713
Depends on the legion.
>>
>>51275055
I'm about to start Legion, and to my understanding it doesn't really require reading the 5 or 6 before it, in that they deal with Sons of Horus, Emperor's Children, and a few other legions with some named captains and rank officers.

There's a list of characters in the beginning of HH novels that you can check for references, and the Black Library authors are often unnecessarily expository to the point that they'll explain what recurring characters are like or what they have done, without you having to follow their story lines closely.
>>
What setting do people use with Calibre to covert epubs to PDF?
>>
>>51275050
After reading FoC
6e SoB and Inquisition codex are still valid along the IA one.

Enjoy Servo Skulls and 10 point Psykers!
>>
>>51273115
Are you retarded on purpose? Your list is illegal because you don't have a Vyper.

At least meme about the faction you actually play.
>>
>>51271102
Breachers are just better than Vespids.
>>
>>51274001
Do we have a price for GoC yet? Bongbuck price if you got it.
>>
>>51270841
imho CoH2 was a an improvement of CoH 1 in almost every ways. Sad that it was completly unbalanced

And his economical model was shite
>>
NEW
>>51275196
THREAD
>>51275196
40K GENERAL
>>51275196
>>
do the inquisition know about the exorsists training methods and just tolerate it secretly, or are they in the dark?
>>
>>51274632
Its heavy 12, not heavy 3
Thread posts: 377
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.