[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 383
Thread images: 30

File: 1481953728330.jpg (4MB, 1736x2456px) Image search: [Google]
1481953728330.jpg
4MB, 1736x2456px
>Latest News
New Unearthed Arcana: Artificer
http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/1_UA_Artificer_20170109.pdf

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>5etools
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

Previous Thread: >>51223276

Describe your character for us /5eg/, why do you play the character you play?
>>
>>51234822
First for 8 int wizard

And I play him cause he beats kolbold dragon hunters
>>
>>51234843
Second for 16 wis fighter.

Shillelagh and PAM.
>>
File: 3623246.jpg (92KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
3623246.jpg
92KB, 640x720px
>>51234822
When are we getting a new spell .pdf with all the spells that have been introduced in Elemental Evil and SCAG?
>>
>>51234822
When's the new UA coming out, dudes, and for which class?
>>
I play my rogue because for some reason, his ultimate weapon is that he can just bullshit his way out of anything.

Though he's also at the brink of insanity after getting ressurrected three times because he keeps getting plowed.
>>
>>51234822
>Describe your character for us /5eg/
A boring druid with charisma as a dump stat, so I have fun ruining social situations and accidentally insulting NPCs

>why do you play the character you play?
Because my DM is a sadist and killed off my previous character
>>
>>51234841
He doesn't like that we only do a point or two of difference and that "warlocks are meant to be backrowers".

He also thinks im equally as tanky despite having lower health but having magical resistance conferred by my imp.

My original defence was that im not doing anything near optimised, but in hindsight that wasn't a great idea because it made him madder.

>>51234822
>Character
Punch-lock, powered by his patron of muscle.
>why do you play him
wanted to do something different.

>>51234882
What build allows that? Ill show it to him and maybe he will chill out
>>
>>51234882
I don't know dude. When that fighter could be doing 3d12+1d4+60 damage.
>I don't think 3d10+15 is broken.
Where are you getting +60 from?
>>
File: Arisha2.png (3KB, 70x70px) Image search: [Google]
Arisha2.png
3KB, 70x70px
>>51234822
A short TN Blue Draconic Sorcerer that's grumpy, bad with people, and dislikes being touched intensely. She will absolutely fuck your shit up if she doesn't trust you enough, either by stabbing you in the face or screaming Thunderclap-ing so hard your eardrums burst.

>Why
Because I've always been a fighter/paladin-y frontline MANLY JUSTICE type in vidya so I thought I should make my first experience with D&D/tabletops unique for me by playing something vastly different to that.
>>
>>51234926
BTW what fighter subclass is he? Something tells me its champion
>>
What was with the recent discussion concluding fighters were shit?

Does the fighter class desperately need reinstatement of the proficiency dice?
>>
>>51234597
Considering it doesn't actually change things mechanically, it's fine.

If he said 'lol you can't play these characters fuck you' then it's a different story.

A level 10 cleric without his god in any campaign should still be functional if a bit sour. It'd be unfair to gimp them, honestly.
>>
>>51234989
No battlemaster, he doesn't care that he can do things with his superiority dice, he cares that im "impeding" on his melee and at times doing more (like punching a person 30ft off a cliff)

Or punching a fireball in half (counterspell)
>>
>>51234942
+5 STR 4 times = +20
+10 GWM 4 times = +40
>>
What classes are pretty much perfect?
Which classes still need revision?
>>
>>51235060
Munchkin players are such a fucking nuisance. Just tell your DM to give him a magical weapon already (preferably a sword of fuck off). It's the only way to shut those players up.

>>51235112
That's at level 20 though, the Warlock example is a minimum of level 11
>>
>>51234926
He's a crazy person evidently
>>
>>51235172
>That's at level 20 though, the Warlock example is a minimum of level 11
It's level 11, actually. Three main attacks from Fighter, one bonus from Polearm Master (that's why it's 3d12+1d4, not 4d12).
>>
>>51234884
Officially? Never, AL rules conflict.
>>
>>51235139
>What classes are pretty much perfect?
No class is perfect

>Which classes still need revision?
Sorcerer is the next one they should look at IMO
>>
If one of my players, actually makes a backstory regardless of it being tropey as fuck, is it wrong to show favoritism and use NPC's he has a history with from his backstory as important baddies?

He's basically playing Inigo Montoya and making the man he's tracking be a minor bbeg would be easy whilst everyone else has the backstory of "I'm a powerful guy cause I am and I want more money/power/both etc."

So even though they don't really have backstories, I don't want them all to feel like side characters in Not! Inigo's story.
>>
>>51235206
Oooh I see, you're using GWM on the PAM attack. Not sure that all DMs would let it slide, but RAW supports it, sure
>>
>>51234926
>magic resistance from Imp

Why do people even fucking believe this
Would people believe 'Owl variant: Your owl can shoot laserbeams' for familiars?

You do not get magic resistance unless the Imp familiar is a variant Imp gained through DM means (Say, you capture and make a pact or agreement with an Imp, not just use find familiar)

Yes, I know they worded it extremely poorly in the monster manual but anybody should be able to step back and say 'Hang on a moment, isn't that kind of overpowered?'
>>
>>51235213
Do a session 0 and tie everyone background together. That baddies did something to everyone.
>>
>>51235292
>>51235292
oh wow. In that case we have been doing it wrong. Ill bring it up at the next game.
>>
>>51235241
> not all DMs would let it slide
Why? It's a melee attack from heavy weapon.
>>
>>51235307
Despite my post it's perfectly forgivable to have thought that.

It's Wizards here and whoever wrote the monster manual who fucked up.

http://www.sageadvice.eu/2015/08/10/do-chain-pact-warlocks-get-the-familiars-magic-resistance/
>>
Is there Strength Requirments for any Armor or Weapons in 5e
>>
>>51235206
Is the battletardmaster the one using PAM? If they're using PAM and GWM, they should easily outdamage the warlock unless they're doing something horrifically wrong.
>>
>>51235331
No.

However, non-dwarfs need a certain level of strength to wear heavy armour (up to 15 strength for plate armour) without being slowed down by 10ft.

Even if you're a caster, as long as you're proficient you won't suffer any problems.

You can also wear armour you're not proficient with. The penalty is pretty harsh, and generally right now only Alchemist Artificers are likely to use armour they're not proficient in.
>>
What are must have Bladesinger spells?
Mage Armor
Shield Haste
Misty Step

What else?
>>
>>51235331
Only on heavy armor. And not meeting the requirement only decrease your speed by 10 feet. Just get a horse or something and you're golden.
>>
>>51235321
We had been doing it, that whilst after I summon it it has to obey my commands as per find familiar, that if I entice it / please it / make deals with it to keep it around willingly that it would actually help out.

Whereas if I just told it to do things, it would obey the command and then break the bond and disappear, meaning i'd have to resummon it to issue it a second command (consuming my spell slots and money)

Luckily for me the imp just likes to see people get punched and doesn't like getting hurt.... I also feed it treats when I can.
>>
>>51235366
All the same spells as a regular wizard because I mean bladesinger is just wizard with a bit more speed and a load more AC and later their attack is better than casting a cantrip but it's still not a reason to go into melee unless you were already closeup / the target's prone or you have a wolf barbarian or something.
>>
>>51235366
>>51235366
Mirror Image
Blink
Animate Object
Simulacrum
>>
>>51235385
Having to resummon it all the time (rather than using the thing where you can hide it as an action or something like that) sounds like a pain and a bit too much, but it's good that it's not a mindless help action slave.

Fuck 'My familiar rolls initiative in all the combats, charges in and helps until something kills it' familiar use.
>>
>>51235398
It annoys me that a necromancer can create an endless army of the dead with animate dead but I can't make an small entourage of animated armours that last more than a minute.

Whhhhy
>>
Does pally need Wisdom for anything?
>>
Currently playing a Goblin Ranger whos great grandfather was a Goblin king that had united the scattered Goblin tribes into one peaceful civilization until his untimely assassination. My character was exiled from his tribe after a failed assassination attempt so he couldn't overthrow the current chieftain. He now travels the world as an adventurer, seeking to unite the goblin clans once more and take his place as king.

>Why do you play the character you play?
I really, really, REALLY, like Goblins and wanted to try out the UA Ranger. He originally started out as a little edgelord but I changed his backstory to mesh with the party better.
>>
>>51235429
Doesn't really matter, the undead army is pretty lackluster let me tell you. Boring in combat and too restricted rp wise to really get any use out of.

The minute long spells at least let you do some crazy shit if you plan accordingly.

And there's always craft magic item if you want to animate a golem permanently.
>>
>>51235405
I wish, when I first got him I pissed him off by making him distract a helmed horror we were running away from.

He did it as per the command, but then broke the bond and started harassing us as we withdrew - turning out torches, screeching when the I tried to hide.

He was a real duche. But well, Imp's gonna imp.
>>
>>51235460
> 5e
> craft magic item
> before the BBEG execute their plan
>>
Quick question: what book actually has the stats for commoners? I can't seem to find them.
>>
>>51235312
Mostly because it doesn't pass the smell test. No matter how awesome you are with a polearm, it doesn't make sense that someone could squeeze the same amount of bonus damage out of the blunt end as you could from the pointy end.

The rules based argument is that attacking with the butt end of a polearm is effectively an improvised weapon, which is why it's 1d4 damage and not 1d8 (2h quarterstaff) so GWM shouldn't apply, or should only get +5, or +3, etc.

But yes it works RAW.
>>
>>51235388
Haste will allow you to use melee or bow
>>
>>51235445
Not that I can think of. Wisdom is for Clerics.
>>
>>51235483
MM 345
>>
>>51235490
> trying to apply logic in a high fantasy world
Enjoy not being able to use most of the stuff in MM because it ignore physic

Also you can being improvised doesn't take away weapon quality.

Why do you think SHARPSHOOTER + GWM IMPROVISED LONGBOW is a meme?
>>
>>51235445
Perception check to not die.
Insight check to not get cuck.
>>
>>51235530
*Also your weapon being improvised doesn't change the weapon quality.

Screw English, I'm back to my moonland.
>>
>>51235469
Hand your faulty Imp back to hell and demand a factory reset.

They're lawful evil, not lawful bad-customer-service.

>>51235483
While there is an entry in the monster manual, it's pathetic.
Personally for most campaigns I'd put most in-shape commoners at about level 1 generally without class abilities.
That is, males of ages between 16 and 40 or so that aren't sick or have some sort of problem.
>>
>>51235502
Or you could, you know, cast it on the paladin. He could probably make better use of it unless you're intent on staying at the frontlines anyway.
Even with advantage on con saves, you don't have con save proficiency and you only have d6 hitdice.
>>
>>51235552
They are commoners, dude.
>>
>>51235536
>playing ranger
>background is charlatan
>flaw is "I'm convinced that no one could ever fool me the way I fool others."
>took a level of rogue to have expertise in insight
>lie to me now motherfuckers
>>
>>51235552
Yeah, he can't hurt me or the party as part of our deal.
>>
>>51235530
> trying to apply logic in a high fantasy world
Well shit, I guess just because there are dragons we should just throw out all logic! Rules? Who needs em! I punch you for a million damage because there's a fairy in my story.
>>
>>51235657
Don't be autistic.
>>
How many hours until the usual time UA drops?
>>
>>51235585
>Commoners are weaker than fucking kobolds
Hahaha
No.

If you want to run that in your game, sure, that's fine, but I prefer it that even the weak have a chance rather than being reduced to background cannonfodder with 4 HP.

I would at least put commoners at a kobold's level, CR 1/8.
>>
>>51235662
You can't talk, you're dead. Beyond dead. I punched you so hard your soul exploded into a thousand piece and went back in time and erased you before you were ever born. Because dragons!

You were right this is more fun
>>
>>51234926
>having magical resistance conferred by my imp.
Imp doesn't give you magic resistance by the rules. If it does in your game, tell him to find his own imp.

>>51235213
Motivate players by what their character wants. At least the character who wants to be rich and strong wants something. You can use that while Inigo is going for revenge. Motivation is more important than backstory.
>>
>>51235725
But kobolds are monsters, anon. Sure, they are not particulariyl dangerous by monster standards, but they are still monsters.
>>
>>51235738
Not even that guy, but this is embarrassingly autistic. Please take it to another thread.
>>
>>51235526
>>51235552
Thanks! I must have overlooked it or my Ctrl+f was broken or something.

Would a commoner be able to use a shortbow if the PC gave them one? I don't want them to help in combat or anything but to have them hunt for the party's dinner and maybe defend themselves if the DM targets them. I'm playing AL so I can't just convince the DM to let them use it.
>>
File: Ben Garrison.jpg (63KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ben Garrison.jpg
63KB, 600x600px
>>51235738
Alright, enough vaccines for that guy.
>>
>>51235751
Then I shall compare them to goats.

>same HP as a goat
>slower than a goat
>deals less damage than a goat, goat can deal more than twice as much damage
>goat has better con and strength, but super shitty int and pretty shitty charisma

Yeah, I know, a goat could probably beat a peasant in a fight. But this isn't even an even fight, the goat will mow down peasants like a lawnmower with its 2d4+1 attack and superior speed.
>>
>>51235757
Unless they're a hunter, assume they're non-proficient, and they'll likely not have a good dex score to add to to-hit and damage, but sure.
>>
>>51235757
Shortbow is a simple weapon, so I assume a commoner is proficient in it.
>>
>>51234822
Louisiana Voodoo Diviner, because I've never played a Wizard
>>
Whar spell allows me to levitate weapon and attack with them.
>>
who /hype/ for hopefully good ranger UA
>>
>>51235817
Animate objects I guess. Carry around 8 daggers and cast it on them
>>
>>51235822
Yeah! I've always liked the class concept probably because I live in the middle of nowhere
>>
File: holy cats.png (81KB, 465x421px) Image search: [Google]
holy cats.png
81KB, 465x421px
>>51234822
Never played a game.
>>
Commoner with shield and spear versus a goat in an endless field.
Both fight to the death.

Who wins?
>>
>>51235822
I haven't really looked into them. Have any of them been good?
>>
>>51235738
Are you okay? We can get you the psychiatric help you need.
>>
>>51235725
They are monsters. A commoner is the lowest of the low. They can't even complete.
>>
File: violet fungus.jpg (47KB, 485x577px) Image search: [Google]
violet fungus.jpg
47KB, 485x577px
DM here. I'm confused about the Violet Fungus. It has blindsight 30 ft and is blind beyond that radius, but can it hear? I was thinking about doing something with 2 of those and some shriekers
>>
>>51235005
They need to be remade
>>
>>51235915
It is a fungus. It has no ears.
>>
>>51234822
Sword and board fighter. Because playing an unremarkable goon makes my abysmal dice rolling less disappointing, and makes my successes that much sweeter.
>>
>>51235884
Cleric one is great
>>
>>51235878
Commoner
>12 AC
>4 HP
>1d6
>+2 to hit

>Goat
>10 AC
>4HP
>1d4+1 or 2d4+1
>+3 to hit

I guess it's down to who goes first, but the goat has more of a chance if it goes first
>>
>>51235388
>Not going into melee as a bladesinger.
How lame can one person be?
>>
>>51235927
Neither does a skeleton.
>>
>>51235917
Why's that?
>>
>>51235964
The ear has bones.
Checkmate,Atheists.
>>
Are they ever going to release more good feats?

Also, anyone got suggestions for uses for Dragon Parts? Like eyes/skin/bones/blood/etc?

Heres some ideas I wrote

>Dragon Eyes
Darkvision Potion
>Dragon Blood
???
>Dragon Skin
Drake leather armor
this skin only came from a Drake so its not that hardy, maybe a lighter version of Leather armor with the same AC? My party is only level 2.
>Dragon Bone
Arrowheads that do +1 damage
Daggers that have +1 damage
>Dragon Steak
Double efficiency rations, only weight 0.5lbs but can be used as full day rations.
>>
Are there any feats that are must-haves for an archer character?
>>
>>51235953
The goat will always go first (They hang around at 40ft away from the peasant, and ready an action to move towards the commoner if they try to move away), but will likely end up attacking the commoner as they use the 'dodge' action or as the commoner is using a prepared action 'attack goat'.

I'd likely assume the commoner uses the dodge action, but the ram gets the first attack.

Thus, the goat makes an attack that would most likely instakill the commoner, but makes it with disadvantage. They have a 12/20 chance of success each time, so the chances they instantly win are about ((12/20)^2)*(15/16)
15/16 shows the chance that the goat hits but rolls 2 1s for damage.
From there on, it's trading blows with each side having a half chance of instantly winning in one hit, but the peasant having +1 higher chance to hit and the goat never taking more than 2 regular attacks to win whereas the peasant could theoretically take three or even four hits due to only having 1d6, not 1d4+1.
Peasant has a (1/2)*(13/20) chance of winning on their first attack.
Then it passes over to the goat again for their second attack. The goat can disengagea and move 40ft away and get ready to charge again, so actually forget what I said above about the goat going for 1d4 attacks. If the spear is thrown, it might kill the goat but if it misses the peasant is fucked.

>>51235959
You're just being sensible, is all. Who cares about being cool when your life is on the line?
>>
>>51235983
>Dragon Blood
Let's you speak to birds.
>>
Would it break anything if I allowed my Players an ASI after character creation?
>>
>>51236024
>Who cares about being cool when your life is on the line?

Anon, I don't think you're playing D&D correctly.

Your DM isn't supposed to kill you if you die in game. Call 911.
>>
>>51236018
Sharpshooter
>>
Why are druids even a thing? Speaking as a player playing a control druid purely for battlefield lulz but it's kinda weird seeing a hippie hang around dirty city dwellers.
>>
>>51236040
Fuck I've been playing it wrong this entire time.

>>51236035
Assuming you haven't rolled stats, it's perfectly acceptable. It makes ASI-hungry classes like monk and paladin better and kinda devalues certain ones that have extra ASIs as a class feature like fighter, but it's not a big change and monks can do with that ASI anyway.

If you rolled stats, what the fuck are you doing
>>
>>51235983
>Dragon Blood
Temporary resistance to the damage type of the breath weapon the dragon had.
>>
>>51236018
Depends.

Crossbow mastery is almost always a must for rogue or fighter. Maybe for ranger.
Sharpshooter is only really required for non-beastmaster rangers and fighters.
>>
>>51234822
"bag and plead the gods"... Click clack get in the sack?
>>
>>51235884
Cleric is good, Paladin is fun, Fighter has some good stuff. Haven't looked at Druid and Bard seems a little shit
>>
>>51235781
>>51235794
Thanks! Last question; do commoners get a racial bonus or is that just for PCs?
>>
>>51236058
It was a Drake so it didn't have a breath weapon
>>
>>51236075
You're off your meds again.
>>
>>51236027
>Let's you speak to birds
Whats your justification for that?
>>
>>51236088
They're commoners. They get coal and straw.
>>
>>51235490
Dude, what the fuck are you talking about? You use both ends with both hands to powerfully beat a nigga. How does that not pass a "smell test?"
>>
>>51234926
>punch lock

I may have something for you.
Revenant patron (vengefull LG ghost seeks justice and is teaching you the powers needed to achieve ):
Grants basic features from other classes and makes them work with warlock levels instead.
Pick a class and it decides which features it gets:
>monk grants martial arts, ki , extra attack and ki infused strikes
>fighter grants proficiencies, Str saves, fighting style and extra attack
>wizard grants wizard spell casting (using cha instead of int and uses the multiclass spell table), short rest spells and rituals

Still need to balance it tho.
>>
>>51236090
Did it have a poison sting? Make the blood act as some kind of antidote.
>>
>>51236093
Birds are the descendants of dragons. Clearly.
>>
>>51236088
They get a proficiency (perception), a feat (sharpshooter), +1 to dex and +1 to con, and a language (Likely Draconic, Infernal or Celestial).

Then they roll up with slings and nail you for 1d4+10 stones of death.
>>
File: FoxitReader_2017-01-14_15-19-39.png (406KB, 649x782px) Image search: [Google]
FoxitReader_2017-01-14_15-19-39.png
406KB, 649x782px
>>51236111
Nah nothing, heres the stat card
>>
File: rainbowstalin.jpg (213KB, 900x594px) Image search: [Google]
rainbowstalin.jpg
213KB, 900x594px
>>51236118
>bonus point if you're a druid and have 20 wisdom and cast 'magic stone' or whatever it is and hand it out to all the peasants
>they all get +5 to hit, +5 to damage

THE ARMY OF THE PEOPLE
WE STAND IN FEAR OF MONSTERS NO LONGER
WE WILL COME, AND WE WILL THROW STONES AT YOU
>>
Not really playing anything currently. I'm a forever DM and the one campaign we did have going kind of fell out. We were playing OotA and then all the original characters died so we had a new party of strangers with none of the plot-lines of the olds chars.
>>
>>51236122
Meh. Not much to work with there. I'd still use the other suggestions for Chromatic dragons and wyverns though.
>>
>>51236024
Can't the commoner use ready action to attack the ram before it attack him? Since the ram use its action to ready movement, he could move toward it too.
>>
File: 1483881745445.jpg (80KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
1483881745445.jpg
80KB, 600x315px
>bugbear
>brute: Melee weapons deal an extra weapon damage die (included in attacks description)
>thrown javelins do 1d6+2 damage

Who wrote this shit?
>>
>>51236263
>melee weapons
>thrown javelins
You'll realize your error in a moment.
>>
>>51236263
>Melee
Probably someone that can read
>>
>>51235725
Agree.
I usually give commoners 6 Hp, one weapon they are proficient in and a suitable class feature from any non-caser lvl 1 ability available to players so they may get things like fighting style, sneak attack and the like just so they aren't complete fodder.
Guards are full blown fighters (lvl1)
Hunters are either rangers or rogues (lvl1).
Knights are lvl 3 and one of the following:fighter,cleric or paladin.

>lvl1 party of 3 meets a knight errant on the road
>they decide to attack him knowing I give NPCs PC levels and draw a card from a "encounter deck" so it stays fair
>Knight is a battle master with GWM, a greatsword and the precision maneouver
>"ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THAT?"
>they go ahead "But da lootz DM!"
>get in a surprise round
>rogue misses, barbarian rolls low damage and only the warlock does any real damage
>Knight oneshots rogue with GWM Precision strike
>Barb hits for meh damage
>warlock GOES INTO MELEE to hit with his sword
>Knight oneshots warlock
>Barb tries to hit again and hits for decent damage
>Knight uses trip and barbarian is down
>party is arrested as bandits and brought to a nearby prison waiting for gallows
>warlock restrained and gagged in solitary cell
>other 2 in common cell
>prison break .jpg
>they fuck it up and get swarmed by guards before reaching the warlock
>killed on spot after injuring a guard
>warlock is hanged in public

I even gave them leeway to get their weapons back but they still fucked up by not running.
>>
>>51236259
If he moves towards it, he won't be able to reach the ram and will then get pummeled the next turn. Unless he throws the spear, in which case if he fails to kill the ram he's fucked.

However, he could ready an action to move away from the ram, but this will result in a stalemate. The only non-stalemate has either the human throw the spear first or the ram charge the human first.

If the human readies an attack, who actually attacks first?
Once the ram is in 5ft, both of them will want to make an attack at the exact same moment. So who has priority, a spear or a charging ram? I'd probably say ram since it's the ram's turn, but as for the spear... Well, I'd likely say they both make the attack and resolve damage so they could wipe each other out. In that case, the ram has the advantage because although they have -1 to hit in comparison, their attack has a 15/16 chance of killing the peasant whereas the peasant's attack only has a 8/16 chance.

>>51236278
>>51236282
Look at the weapon table.
Note how javelin is a 'simple melee weapon'.
The bugbear also does 2d6+2 damage if they make a melee attack with it.

However, a ranged attack with a javelin doesn't turn it into a ranged weapon.
>>
>>51236294
They could totally have beaten the knight if they knew what they were doing.

Unfortunately, they did not.

>barbarian puts on a shield and approaches, rages, uses the 'dodge' action and stays within 5ft.
>warlock uses hex, eldritch blasts 1d10+1d6 on hit typically
>rogue shoots, 2d6+3 on hit typically
Even that is risky, though.

Alternatively just run and gun.
>>
>>51236296
It all depends on how you play it, pg 175 offers variant rules on ability checks. For instance you could have throwing a weapon be a Dex check.
>>
>>51236296
Its because he is THROWING it. Ready the damn thing.
>>
>>51235983
>Dragon blood
Can be used to craft a version of alchemists fire tha deals additional 1d6 of the dragons damage type (limit it to less than a dozen flasks)

Add the last one:
>Dragon heart
Eating it during a ritual can make you into a Dragon Sorcerer of the appropriate type.
Without the ritual roll a DC 13 Cha save and take a level of exhaustion on a fail.
>>
>>51236093
After the Nordic Hero Sigurd slew the dragon Fafnir, he bathed in his blood at Odins bequest, for doing so would grant him invulnerability. It is while he is bathing that he drinks some of Fafnir's blood on accident, and this confers to him the secret language of the birds, which he uses to realize his stepfather, Regin, is plotting against him.
>>
I want to ban GWM and sharpshooter. Is it a good idea?
>>
>>51235983
Just give us grafts for fucks sake.
>>
>>51236401
sure. feat is an optional rule anyway.
>>
>>51236321
I explained it to them too but they came in with a video game mentality and used the MM as a pokedex...
>>
>>51236296
He can move and then ready action to attack the ram before it attack him.

Ready action happen before trigger, so human get to attack first.
>>
>>51236349
>>51236354
http://www.sageadvice.eu/2014/09/19/dagger-archery/

Also throwing a weapon is not an ability check and uses strength unless it's a finesse weapon.
>>
>>51236401

I will just mean the biggest damage option to hack down all the meat walls in the game is gone. PAM still exists and is the king of damage instead and shenanigans with Sentinel are still usable so its either that or S&B for melee guys
>>
>>51236401
>I want to ban all non-BoomingBlade/GreenFlameBlade fighters
Sure, you can go ahead and ban whatever classes you want. It's your game, ruin it howeve you like

>>51236426
>knight, a beat-your-ass type monstermon

>>51236431
>Happen before trigger
Surely it happens after the trigger, otherwise it doesn't trigger?
>>
What is considered MAD? Is having more than one Attribute dependency already MAD?
>>
>>51236472
There used to be DAD, the term use for duo attribute dependent. So my guess is 3 or more?
>>
>>51236431
>Ready action happen before trigger
That's Pathfinder you're thinking of, or maybe 3.5. 5e readied action specifies that you "take your reaction right after the trigger finishes".
>>
>>51234822
Why some people say that the New ranger is broken? Looks fine to me.
Advantage on initiative might bem too much, tih
>>
>>51236472

Most classes have a primary stat and a secondary stat that can be helpful but isnt mandatory. Like Barbs love Str but CAN use Dex and Con for extra benefits without losing anything or a Monk uses Dex but can get good milage out of a good Wis. Everyone also likes a good Con but some need it more than others

MAD would be a a Bladecuck trying to get max damage with GWM that needs Str for damage Con because of mediocre HP for a melee guy some Dex for weak AC and Cha if he actually casts anything
>>
>>51236457
I guess you are right about trigger. But then you can always use something like "When it stop moving" or "before it attack me" as a trigger too right? You can even add multiple triggers IIRC.

Actually couldn't you just use a super common thing as a trigger? "If the ram look at me, I'll attack it" and then you can just ignore it until the moment you actually want to attack.
>>
>>51236446
But If its ranged it its not melee, is it?
>>
>>51236531
"As soon as the ram is in range" ought to be a decent trigger.
>>
>>51236472
Multiple Atribute dependency.

Due to how the game is made you always need your primary combat stat and Con.

But then there are a few classes which need one more stats for their class features(Ranger, Monk and Palladin).
Paladin gets away with it thanks to being a great damage dealer and wearing full plate.
Ranger kinda gets away with it thanks to fighting styles and armour as well as a decent Hp die.

Monk doesn't get away with it cause:
>less ASI
>less skills
>d8 Hp die
>No fighting style to boost damage or combat survival.
>>
>>51236516
The only "broken" thing is the beast conclave pet that will supposedly cause people to do 3 lvl dips.
I laugh at the idea of anyone "dipping" into ranger when it needs 13 Dex AND Wis.
It's balanced enough and I love the new FE feature.
>>
>visit DnD subreddit
>literally nothing but party art (???)
>5e specific subreddit
>literally nothing but stupid questions

I'm sorry I shouldn't have left you /5eg/
>>
>>51236585
the subreddits are decent for being able to search questions that have been asked before, but I wouldn't browse the front page of them
>>
>>51236585
>Im Sorry
You should be.
Now get your ass in our discord channel.
>>
>>51235060
Caster fluffed as noncaster is one of the most cancerous character gimmicks around
>>
>>51236516
UA version wasn't made with multiclass in mind. But every theorycrafter ever try to multiclass it for that level 1 ribbon ability.

>>51236583
Sageadvice already said "companion only progress with ranger level", so that one is fine.
>>
>>51236612
*Splits Fireball in 2
*Teleports behind you
Nothing personel, kid
>>
>>51236472
Basically any class that requires 3 or more good stats. This generally ends up being most Gish classes, as melee users always need con, and they need their good attack stat and their casting stat.

Paladin and Bladelock needs Str/Dex, Con, Cha
Monks need Dex, Con, Wis
and so on

So generally you need to sacrifice certain stats in your build, which leads you to generally being less effective than more focused classes.
>>
Planeshift Kaladesh when?
>>
>>51236625
Yeah, I mean, it looks fine.
>>
>>51236646
2020, just before 6e. Just like darksun.
>>
>>51236612
Most heroes in our mythology are spell caster fluff as martials though.

Like... Gáe Bulg is just power word kill fluff as spear strike.
>>
>>51236531
The problem is then the ram can use an action to prepare an action 'Before the human uses their readied action to attack me'. Yes, you can use reactions on your own turn.

>>51236534
You can make a ranged attack with a melee weapon.
You can make a melee weapon attack with a ranged weapon (though often this is an improvised weapon and it may not count as a ranged weapon but a club for that attack)

Basically the monster manual people fucked up somehow because technically what they mean is 'If the bugbear makes a melee weapon attack with a weapon, they add an extra weapon damage dice'.

Yeah, it's stupid, but they should be more consistent.

>>51236583
>haha it requires 13 of two of the three best stats nobody will ever have that
>>
>>51236294
DnD makes running such a pain in the ass it's nonviable, especially at low levels. If the ability to run exists, it's via DM fiat, and therefore unreliable.

Furthermore, the clearest indication that shit has gone south - someone hitting 0HP - coincides with one character becoming unable to run.

It always rubs me the wrong way when DMs expect PCs to run from things. You can kind of make it work by RPing the enemy offering a ceasefire... if it's that kind of enemy. But to really make running away a meaningful option you have to rip out a lot of DnD's mechanics.
>>
>>51236472
Paladins need 5 stats (though only needs wisdom and dexterity to a much lesser extent), only one dump stat
Monk needs 3 stats but has three dump stats (but really desperately fucking needs those three stats)
Weird multiclasses sometimes become extra MAD
Weird multiclasses sometimes become extra SAD (Looking at you, shillelagh)
SAD often refers to things like rogue. Rogue is entirely dependent on dex, but they do benefit quite well from con and wis.

Monk is the most attribute dependent.
Paladin is the most multiple attribute dependent.
>>
>>51236715
>Paladins need 5 stats
Only If he is a lone Wolf edgy faggot.
STR CON CHA do just fine.
>>
More Lightning Spells when? You telling me I can play a tempest cleric or storm sorcerer but the first lightning spell is at 3rd level?
>>
>>51236740
I wouldn't say they're dependent on wisdom and dexterity, but it helps. Extra stealth, extra initiative, extra perception, extra on wis saves, extra on dex saves.

Stealth is important in a group because otherwise you'll fuck your team over by rolling 5 on stealth or something, it's not just for edgy fucks.

I did say they didn't desperately need them, but you can't dump them as hard as you can dump str/cha/int usually.
>>
>>51236761
You've got much bigger problems stealthing with the plate armor clad paladin than his low dex
>>
>>51236742
Spell modifying system when?

Why can't a sorceror change burning hands into lightning hands? Why can't a wizard use his downtime to apply the magic principals of a touch spell and invent a ranged version of a higher spell level?

Half the PHB just lists the individual effects of a million different spells you'll mostly never use in any given campaign, but not even the classes built around modifying spells (sorceror, artificer) can actually modify them fundamentally.
>>
>>51236742
>expecting sorcerer to be good

Some day they'll do a rework so that sorcerer has a progressive 'elemental tree' type structure instead of basically being a fucking wizard but worse

>become fire dragon sorcerer
>start with a fire cantrip
>as you level up, you can do that fire cantrip and some other fire spells
>by level 20 you know everything from firey meteors, fire shields, fireballs, a flamethrower attack, an ability to melt items, some fun cantrips, so forth

Then, the fire sorcerer will not be as versatile as the wizard in terms of exact, useful spells but they'll be good at spewing fire at fucking everything.

Think of it as 'careful, planned guy with a tool for every job' - wizard
'crazy fucking pyromancer who sets fire to everything and if they doesn't work uses even more fire' - sorcerer

Get your shit together WoTC
>>
>>51236771
Move slowly for advantage, or find some other benefit, or have somebody cast 'pass without trace', 'silence', et cetera. Keep a certain distance away so your DM gives you the benefit of the doubt if you don't roll atrociously.
>>
File: Boggle.jpg (208KB, 1218x1130px) Image search: [Google]
Boggle.jpg
208KB, 1218x1130px
BOGGLE?
BOGGLE, BOGGLE?

BOGGLE?
>>
>>51236788
>>51236742
Oh, and if it wasn't obvious, even an acid or poison sorcerer would get a line of spells that's appropriate for them, instead of having meager pickings from the spell list.

For now, your only hope is to refluff and slighly change certain spells to, say, 'lightning meteors'.
>>
>4/5 at table aren't the type to act when they RP, including DM
>one guy acts out everything and does voices and gets up to wildly gesture in character

For what purpose
>>
>>51236788
>Sorcerer is bad
Old meme

I'm not complaining about classes, I'm bitching about Wizard's spell diversity. They released an entire campaign supplement based around elemental spells but I guess lightning can go fuck itself because we really need more thunder damage and even more fucking fire spells
>>
>>51236828
>I'm bitching about wizard's spell diversity
Which is exactly why sorcerer is bad.
>>
>>51236761
You'll bem fine with the Group Rolls for stealth.
All that other stuff is good, but not necessary If your party knows what it is doing.
>>
>>51236788
Blame the playtesters of d&dnext with their NOT MUH SORCERER THATS TOO DIFFERENT shit
>>
>>51236856
Well, that aside, initiative is pretty good too. Bad initiative can result in you essentially losing an entire turn, or getting fucked over before you can react to something.

>>51236826
Because somebody has to show how it's done
Exactly what 'it' is is another question.
>>
>>51236826
Because that's how they like to play?
>>
Who is Inara and what is her relation to the Dawn War?
>>
>>51236826
>one guy acts out everything and does voices and gets up to wildly gesture in character
I've never been at an actual table IRL and only played online and I never understood people who play using voice, and even more so, start doing voices. Shit's silly and doesn't add a bit to the immersion for me, I prefer text for IC and voice for OOC.
>>
>>51236950
That sounds incredibly boring
>>
>EK
>take fighter
>instead of battlemaster or champion, you get to cast spells instead
>this is a strong benefit, because there are lots of useful spells even if your casting stat is low

>Bladelock
>take warlock
>instead of cantrips or a minion, you get a sword
>that's it, good luck
>>
>>51236880
I loved how the Dragon sorcerrer was a melee bruiser in the playtests.

Still i also like the current dragon sorcerrer since it's the best one besides Favoured soul.

Maybe i'd only add them this option as part of their draconic origin at lvl 1:

You may change your hands and feet into natural weapons (draconic claws) as a free action, they deal 1d6 slashing or piercing damage with either Str or Dex and are considered magical for purposes of overcomming resistances.
>>
>>51236975
People weren't too fond of EK until we got GFB/boomblade.
>>
Making a level 4 Dwarf Warlock for an evil campaign.

Any ideas?
>>
>>51237119
How evil are we talking about?

Also go GOO warlock and use telepathy to make NPCs crazy or manipulate them.
>>
>>51237135
Working for the BBEG of another game, so not SUPER evil, but we're definitely not the good guys.
>>
>>51237119
What's the character's personality? There are a lot of really good warlock pacts for evil characters
>>
>>51236715
>Paladins need 5 stats
NO HE NEEDS 3 AT MOST STR, CON and CHA
>>
>>51237149
He's going to be the kind of guy that sees nothing wrong with tapping into powers beyond his comprehension if they are able to get him ahead in life, and is cocky enough to believe that he can subjugate these powers if given enough time.

He tapped into these powers out of curiosity at first, but since then, he has become consumed by them.
>>
I really hope they don't fuck up the Mystic UA.
>>
>>51237029
> free action
> natural weapon
How stupid of you to reveal yourself here wretch furry being! Go back to /pfg/!!
>>
>>51237171
Definetly GOO warlock.
Play him as a guy going strictly by contracts where he leaves loopholes for him self.
LN is the best allignment after all.
And with the thelepathy feature you can doo so much evil so it meshes really well.
>>
>>51237169
Then let me word it like this
'Paladin only has one true dump stat: Int.'

Dex and wis are not proper dump stats.
Initiative is almost universally useful.
Dex and wis saves are useful.
Stealth, perception is useful. Even if somebody else has high perception, you can still get surprised when they aren't surprised.

As opposed to charisma, int and strength unless you run 5x encumberance rules. Strength is only good for strength saves (not as important) and athletics (Good, but not quite as good). Int is.. Ha. Charisma gives you social skills you can achieve by leaving to the party face or by just talking it out anyway.
>>
>>51237200
Natural weapons are a thing in D&D 5e.
Read the spell ''alter self''.
It's just a line to allow them some fun melee stuff, nothing much.
>>
>>51237210
I like how all of those "You should be dumping strength" posts forget that all the best weapons are strength based. Polearms? Strength. Great weapons? Strength.
What's left for dexcucks? Sword and board? Except you can't even use that to full potential, because shield bashing uses Athletics, a strength skill
>>
>>51237171
GOOlock then. Perfect pact for getting way in over your head.
>>
>>51235213

I'd say roll with it. If he's the only person who's bothered to think up a more complex motivation for his character, then its a good idea to try and satisfy that. As long as it doesn't completely take over it should be fine.

Hell, it might make the other characters think more about their own motivations.
>>
>>51237237
>gee hi I'm a wizard I really could use a greatsword

If your class wants strength, it's not a dump stat. That's a given.

Wizards don't dump int don't you fucking dare, 8 int wizard.

Dex leaves you with sharpshooter+crossbow mastery which is great if your team has any tactical sense other than 'run up to the enemy and hit it!'
>>
>>51236783
Asking your dm, i don't think the game's fragile enough to break because your fireball became a necroticball.
>>
>>51237262
MOUNTAIN DWARF 8 INT... oh... okay...
>>
>>51236294
You're a colossal faggot who shouldn't be GMing, anon.
>>
What should I read to get into Eberron?
>>
>>51237474
Probably the original Ebberon setting guide for 3.5
>>
AM I missing something or does pact of the tome suck dick?
>>
>>51237665
Pact of the Tome with it's associated Invocation is strong as fuck

Get access to every ritual spell in the game, and cast spells outside of your class? Hell yes.
>>
>>51237665
Warlock sucks dick in general and is babby's first caster: the class.
>>
Is there no way Aasimar Pally get 16 at character creation without going Fallen Aasimar? Not interested in Fallen abilities would rather fly.
>>
>>51237683
Warlocks are good blasters, not just shit in general. But they are more like a martial class than a caster
>>
>>51237774
Get 16 what? Strength? No there is not
>>
File: Only heretics touch tips.png (351KB, 850x832px) Image search: [Google]
Only heretics touch tips.png
351KB, 850x832px
>>51237683
your opinion is incorrect and not needed
>>
>>51237833
You know Wizard players can't go 5 minutes without putting their dick on the table and jerking off while moaning about how much every other caster apparently sucks
>>
>>51237848
its a sad world we live in
>>
Is spear throwing strength or dex?
>>
>>51237861
Strength
>>
>>51237833
>don't even have actual summon demon spells
Excuse me, that demon waifu doesn't even belong to you.
>>
>>51237938
I made a wish for a succubus waifu and ended up with a prude...MONKEY PAW!!!
>>
If you had to pick scourge or protector Aasimar for a Paladin which would you choose? Is flight better than damage aura?
>>
UA wizard today?
>>
You are only alloted one bonus action per turn right?
>>
>>51237994
Correct, Action Surge and Haste do not give you more bonus actions either
>>
Wish is kind of a bullshit spell. As an action, the wizard can copy any lower level spell, letting him do pretty much whatever. What does the rogue get? A single attack per short rest automatically hits.
>>
>>51237948
Scourge. Melee classes don't need to fly 99% of the time, but the damage aura is great, especially because you'll be making any enemy casters near you roll concentration checks automatically
>>
>>51238017
Wish has always been bullshit, but wizard players would rage if it was removed. You're still wasting a level 9 spell slot for something worse though
>>
>>51238027
>>51237948
Dont you get damaged by it also?
>>
>>51238045
Not really. Wish -> Simulacrum gives you a copy of yourself for one action, no cost. That beats any other level 9 spell by far.
>>
>>51238068
Aw fuck, yeah. I mean, as a Paladin you probably aren't running much concentration spells on yourself anyways, but yeah that's an issue. Still, flying isn't that great for a paladin either
>>
>>51234822
So I don't run 6-8 combats per long rest, in dangerous areas 4 but dangerous areas aren't everywhere so it's usually 1-3 depending on campaign. I made short rests 5 minutes to make short rest dependent characters better as long rest dependent ones are much better. However, while monks and barbs do benefit from rests and having more Ki and being able to rage every combat is good (less so on higher levels where you won't be able to use them all), non-sup dice fighters and rogues barely benefit at all.

Does it sound good giving Fighter, Rogue and Barb the maneuver feat (2 maneuvers, 1 die to use them / short rest)? Would you scale the amount of maneuvers/dice to the class?
>>
>>51238110

Eh, I'd disagree there. Flight makes difficult terrain or a lack of normal ways to get there a non-issue. It's fantastic if the GM runs battles in stuff other than 'Open field' or '20ft by 20ft room'.

It also allows you to directly ignore the frontline of the enemy and go straight for the backline by just flying over them.

My Pixie Monk in 4e really gave me an appreciation for just how incredible even limited flight is on that front.
>>
>>51238110
Aasimar himself is resistant
>>
To spice up my character creation, I rolled the dice on every aspect of my character generation.
I've got a male human druid with noble background, lawful good. How do I roleplay that?
>>
Would 16 CHA still be a good start for Pally. CHA isnt their attack stat but just Spell DC. Would it be of to leave it at 14/+2 at character creation?
>>
>>51238125
>thinly veiled castuh supremacy!!!1!1!xd post

kill u r self
>>
>>51238184
Brann Stark with a bit more of Catelyn's attitude.
>>
>>51238199
Who are those people?
>>
>>51238227
Crippled boy and his mother from Game of Thrones. Crippled boy is from a noble family and becomes basically a druid in a low magic setting. I'd put him as neutral good. Catelyn is his mother, and as lawful as lawful gets.
>>
>>51238184
He's the fifth son of the local lord and will inherit nothing. Instead of being set up with some useful future, his dad just gives him a lot of books to read. He ends up reading too many pastoral novels and getting obsessed with them, walking around the countryside in simple linen garments and flirting with sheperdesses and writing poems and shit. Super excepted about nymphs, fauns, dryads, etc.
>>
>>51238279
Excited. Fuck mobile.
>>
>>51238191
16 Cha is pretty good to start. If you're the same guy that was asking about making an protector aasimar paladin, I'd suggest starting with 15 Str and 17 Cha, and going devotion (cause what else makes sense for protector aasimar?). 15 Str is going to suck for a bit, but once you get your Oath's Channel Divinity, you can make it much better with Sacred Weapon. At level 4 you put a point in both and then keep raising Str with the following ASIs.
>>
>>51238198
Are you saying that having 3x less combats per long rest makes caster no better than they currently are? That warlocks don't benefit immensely by 5 minute short rests, even if there aren't as many combats a day? That rogues and non-BM fighters will stay just as strong while everyone else can use their limited-use abilities twice as often?
>>
Suggestions for the github

Strength requirments

Weapon Type if simple or martial.
>>
I need ideas for a gift or power a devil would trade as part of a deal. Something interesting and relatively powerful, but with a clear trade-off. Devil is a Malebranche (Horned Devil), CR 11, so pretty strong by itself, but still a subordinate of more powerful devils.
>>
>>51236552
>>less ASI
Same as ranger and paladin
>>less skills
Same as paladin.
>>d8 Hp die
This does suck, verily
>>No fighting style to boost damage or combat survival.
What is Ki? Martial arts?

They don't get spell slots to heal with on top of that, to gove you another example.
>>51236814
Not all sorcerers are the element blasty type, nor should they be. I happen to like the fatespinner ta'veren type sorcerer and the subtly magical sorceress where you aren't sure if it's magic or your dick that's leading you. There's also room for a really draconic type instead of the single-element wizard we have right now.

>>51236950
>I prefer text for IC and voice for OOC.
I prefer just the opposite, if I have the choice. All the notes and sode comments and dice get the text box and I don't have to wait for the slow typers to perfectly write up how the attack again.

>>51237262
>sharpshooter+crossbow mastery which is great if your team has any tactical sense other than 'run up to the enemy and hit it!'
That's a huge hurdle for some parties.

>>51238017
Wizards get wish at level 17. At 20 they get more 3rd level spell casts and another 7th level slot. I know this doesn't make anything better.

>>51238096
Simulacrum's rules are so fuzzy I would never cast it first. Just like every other illusion, I guess.
>>
>>51238342
Was going for Vengeance actually
>>
Guys, what are your favorite sexy-time related 5e books?
>>
>>51238407
A malebranche isn't even powerful enough to be a warlock's patron. If he's going to give gifts of any kind in exchange for someone's soul, they'd have to be wealth, magic items, or political influence gained by the devil and his cronies influencing people behind the scenes.
>>
So glaive and halberd havw identical stats?
>>
>>51238417
Well, Vow of Enmity is not as great as Sacred Weapon, but it'll help you offset the "low" Str anyhow. And by the way, another option if you want to spread your points a bit more would be to start with 15 Str 16 Cha and at level 4 grab one of the feats that increase your strength. Heavy Armor Master doesn't look like much, but it's crazy how much that DR 3 will help you.
>>
File: A word of advice.jpg (91KB, 863x1300px) Image search: [Google]
A word of advice.jpg
91KB, 863x1300px
>>51238475
>>
>>51237029
I tried hacking them back in, not sure how balanced and fun it is though. Haven't been able to playtest at all.
>>
>>51238476
Not really warlock-level kind of deals, more like "I'll tempt you with this thing you'd really like in exchange for something dear to you"
>>
>>51238486
Guess spear master will have to wait till lvl 8 then
>>
>>51238486
Wouldnt Athlete be better?
>>
>>51238511
>in exchange for something dear to you
That's not the kind of deal that devils, or anyone else for that matter, would make, except for maybe hags who want to see how much a desperate person will debase themselves. When I'm trading with you, I don't want something that's dear to you, as you'll likely overvalue it. I want something that's dear to ME. With devils, that's souls.

When devils make a deal, they either do a Pact Certain (trading something for a mortal's soul directly) or a Pact Insidious (Giving something away to a mortal for free or lending it in exchange for a continued course of action on the mortal's part, knowing that the gift is likely to send the mortal down the path of lawful evil anyway and therefore damn their soul to the Nine Hells.)
>>
>>51234822
Jaded, driven and highly ambitious elf wizard that works for the city guard as sort of a manhunter/tracker using his Divination magic.
He was picked up at an early age by a traveling troupe that had a wizard with them, the small things he learned sparked his interest something fierce.

>why do you play the character you play?
I used to love being martials back in previous editions, but now I've drifted over towards casters, and figured I'd atleast play one wizard.
Magic is cool as fuck and I enjoy playing a grittier type of character.
>>
Is the Stormborn Sorcerer bad? It seems like a lot of fun to me, but someone in the last thread said it was as bad as Wot4E.

I'm probably gonna try it out either way, but I wanna get an idea of what I'm in for.
>>
http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/rJbJ5nHBe

Would appreciate some people to read through and give me some notes also some suggestion for large/huge.
>>
What are some character concepts you haven't had a chance to play?

I wanted to play a GOOlock who has until his 25th birthday to learn his GOO's true name in order to be set free from the pact made with him. Spoiler, the GOO is himself.
>>
>>51237665
>>51237682
Yep. Rituals are sweet and quite useful. They make up for a lot of your lost utility, and you learn how to piecemeal a lot of your casteryness back together.

It's really worth it, considering you just want Agonizing Blast, Repelling Blast, and Book of Ancient Secrets as your invocations anyways.

>>51237683
>>51237789
>>51237848
Warlocks end up being more blastery than other casters, which definitely makes them play more like a martial than the traditional controlling or supportive caster that is known for being so potent. While disappointing to many, including myself, there's still a lot of potential to make up for that lost utility in other forms, including the aforementioned Book of Ancient Secrets invocation. And for that potential, especially going forwards, I love myself a good warlock.

Perhaps, though, I just like going Warlock 3 (4, perhaps, for the ASI), PotT, Book of Ancient Secrets, into Wizard for a double-book caster. Be your own portable library of arcane knowledge, and pack around all the utility you possibly can.
>>
>>51238394
AWAKEN OH MIGHTY MEGANON, HEAR MY PLEA!
>>
>>51237682
>Get access to every ritual spell in the game, and cast spells outside of your class?

que?

It doesn't do that
>>
>>51238801
Book of Ancient Secrets invocation, anon.

And by "spells" he probably meant the cantrips.
>>
>>51238801
Not him, but...
Invocation, Book of Ancient Secrets
You can now inscribe magical rituals in your Book of Shadows. Choose two 1st-level spells that have the ritual tag from any class's spell list. The spells appear in the book and don't count against the number of spells you know. With your Book of Shadows in hand, you can cast the chosen spells as rituals. You can't cast the spells except as rituals, unless you've learned them by some other means. You can also cast a warlock spell you know as a ritual if it has the ritual tag.

On your adventures, you can add other ritual spells to your Book of Shadows. When you find such a spell, you can add it to the book if the spell's level is equal to or less than half your warlock level (rounded up) and if you can spare the time to transcribe the spell. For each level of the spell, the transcription process takes 2 hours and costs 50 gp for the rare inks needed to inscribe it.
>>
>>51238647
It's a little weak compared to the two archetypes in the PHB: instead of being durable like the dragon sorcerer or good at hitting shit like the chaos sorcerer, the storm sorcerer is a little more mobile. You have to play it cleverly and very carefully.
>>
File: IMG_4469.png (1MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4469.png
1MB, 1242x2208px
Does anyone have a PDF of Ravenloft Archetypes 1 or 2?
>>
>>51238647
Draconic is generally the only good one but it's not that bad I think. Just remember your main trick is twinning, your secondary trick is quickening, and everything else is dressing.
>>
>>51238819
>>51238846
oh daaaaaaaayum

OH GOD DAMN IT IF I'D ONLY KNOWN THIS LAST WEEK THIS IS FUCKING PERFECT.

fuck

thanks, good to know for the future
>>
>>51234822
Last character I played was an abyssal Tiefling named Hienrich. He grew up a slave to be sold, and was beaten and told that him and his race were monsters and that they should all die, daily. He took this to heart, and now absolutely hates any creature that has to do with demons, including himself. He was later adopted by a nable family as their son, and even though he Hienrich accepted him as a father, he never accepted himself as his son, so eventually he ran away. While he was surviving out in the wilderness, some dangerous shit happened, and to defend himswlf, he used a power he never knew he had: fell magic; a curse he thought. He hates using it, he can feel the rot and despair that eminates from it, but he still does use it when need be.
He's also very quiet, and a bit of a twink, despite him being 6'3". ; very submissive, with a nice ass.
>>
>>51238647
It's the thinking-man's tactical sorcerer. You're not as resilient as Dragon, or as Unpredictably dangerous as WMS, but holy hell are you mobile.
>>
>>51238879
It's pretty sweet. While Wizard already has half of the existing ritual spells on its spell list, and thus can learn them as it goes (and also has access majority of the high-level ritual spells), it doesn't have access to the cleric or druid rituals. The warlock, however, absolutely does, and also gets to pick a few cantrips from them. The combos are pretty sweet, and you can grab some of the strongest early-game spells like Bless, while also having things like Detect Magic, Identify, Unseen Servant, and such do a lot of heavy lifting for you without eating up your precious spell-slots. And you can pick and choose from lists the wizard can't.

It's beautiful in its own kind of way.
>>
File: Abraxas_D&D.png (205KB, 524x801px) Image search: [Google]
Abraxas_D&D.png
205KB, 524x801px
>>51238674
>What are some character concepts you haven't had a chance to play?
Knowledge domain Theurgist of Abraxas that has taken an oath of silence. He spams Augury but conveys the meaning of his divinations and generally communicates exclusively by conjuring ominous imagery with Minor Illusion or, less often, Message.
I'd guess his endgame would be learning Plane Shift and going to Pleroma only to be fatally disappointed.
>>
>>51238848
>>51238915
My party had a sorcerer who was unfortunately not a thinking man. This was his first attempt at playing a caster after a long string of playing meatheaded barbarians. He liked to run into the front line and Thunderwave things, then use his extra movement to go even further forward. He finally died when he was swallowed by a gelatinous cube and cast Shatter, centered on himself.
>>
Any more decent homebrewed character options like the one in OP?

>captcha: select all images with "boat"
>>
>>51234822
Nigger misspelled "beg"
>>
STR Pally whats better dex or wis?
>>
>>51239022
I don't eat sorcerers. They give me gas.
>>
>>51238647
You get mobility when you cast spells of lvl 1 or higher that deal thundering damage.
So basically you need to spend a lvl 3 spell slot to use your base features.

Meanwhile dragon sorcerrer gets:
>free AC
>boosted elemental damage spells keying of their casting stat
>cheap resistance to said damage type
>flight
>a large fear effect

Storm sorcerrer gets:

>Gain 10ft of flight/jump whe casting a spell of lvl 1 or above that deals thundering damage.

>Make the wind blow one way for sailing.

>Some token lightning or thundering damage on spells that deal thundering damage

>Flight 4 levels AFTER dragon sorcerrer gets it but hey at least they can take other people along who may as well already have flight
>>
>>51238674
Waiting for my group's main GM to give us the deets, but the concept I'm definitely gonna play is gonna be pretty cool for the other players.

My old character was the defacto party leader by sheer personality and Charisma(even though his CHA was 11), he had a bit of an idiot's charm, brave and he was also heroic. Well, after shenanigans happened about half the party died and the other half(including my character) went insane and disappeared into the world. The other players loved this character to death.

My new character concept is simple, it is gonna be my old character's adopted son who, emulating his father a bit will be extremely strong-willed and outgoing. However, he's a bit of an ironic edgelord and so will act and claim he is a villain. Even though he'll act retarded and edgy, he actually has a heart of gold because of his father's influence. Outwardly he'll seem like an asshole and insane, but inwardly he'll go out of his way to save people and generally be a good guy even though he's a "bad guy".
>>
>>51239037
Do you want to be making any wisdom skill checks? If so, go with wisdom.

Otherwise, conventional wisdom says that dexterity is the better stat (hah, the irony!), because it governs initiative and AC. Although AC may be irrelevant if you're in heavy armour; regardless, initiative can be critical to your survivability in encounters.
>>
>>51238962
>and you can grab some of the strongest early-game spells like Bless
How? It's not a ritual.
>>
>>51239056
It would be better to read it yourself since this anon has all the abilities slightly wrong.
>>
>>51238648
>http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/rJbJ5nHBe
First, I'm going to be brutally honest. Your language is quite spotty, to the point of being painful to read. I'd be happy to help you, but going over every single error in your writing would take too long. Give us the edit link and I'd be happy to fix things. If you're not comfortable with that, there's little I can do since your grasp of 5e style language is quite poor.
On the mechanical front, there's several things left up in the air. How long can you awaken something? Does it take concentration? Can you awaken multiple objects at a time? On what initiative do they act in combat?
Additionally, if every object has special properties, the burden at the table on both the player playing this archetype and the DM to have stat blocks ready and to create new abilities based on what you awaken is quite large. Having a blanket stat block for each size category would be better. I'd also like to remind you of action economy in 5e, and how even one extra combatant on a side can make quite an impact, meaning you should get out a grid, some dice, and test your homebrew running both sides of a combat to see how things stack up.
I may seem highly negative on your brew, but I actually quite like the Idea of replicating "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" from Fantasia. However, I first think that the ultimate rule of K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) is the most important one when making homebrew. I myself have thrown away at least 2 nearly completed archetypes since I realized I had set them up to be too complex and bloated. Remember that an Archetype should take up somewhere between 1/2 to a full page generally speaking.
One final thought, consider re-tooling this brew to be a Sorcerer archetype instead of a Wizard one, since they already have sorcery points, and thus you're only tracking one resource.
>>
>>51238674
>>51238983
>>51239068
Why do all of these sound absolutely horrible for everyone else at the table
>>
>>51239089
Wisdom skill checksnare usually done against being frightened right? Being frightened is a bummer. Initiative is only the start of combat some monsters can disable you with wis saving throws right?
>>
>>51239130
You're a rood dood, hit us with with your best one.
>>
>>51239130
It's a see it sort of thing I'd guess. Granted I'll give you the way I wrote my edgelord concept out does make it seem pretty shit.
>>
Is Battle Master something you can just dip into or is it better to focus as your main class?
>>
>>51239205
fighter is the best "dip in" class in the game

>proficiency in a ton of stuff
>d10 hit die for all those levels
>action surge
>ton of shit at level 3
>ASI at 4
>2nd attack at 5
>>
>>51238674
Changeling Arcane Trickster who pretends his disguise ability is part of his magic rather than innate. To the party, he'll be a friendly orphaned half-elf out to find his missing father. In reality, he's a friendly orphaned changeling out to find his uncle, who disappeared after a changelings were expelled several years ago.
>>
>>51238674
Half-orc female OotA paladin. Grew up being somewhat of an outcast and spent most of her time in the forest, eventually grew to love the serene stillness of the woods and the beauty of the world.

Now goes around doing whatever she can to make people happy, albeit being fairly naive and not really understanding of social boundries and etiquette.
She also goes ballistic if someone tries to corrupt or harm the woodlands.
>>
>>51239232
Nice. I'm pretty sure my character is about to die in our next game, so I've been debating between a Battle Master or Rogue. I might just MC it then.
>>
File: itsmaaagic.jpg (335KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
itsmaaagic.jpg
335KB, 1280x850px
What are some of the best spells for a stage magician?
>>
>>51239205
It's a great dip class no mather what you play.
You get fighter proficiencies, fighting style, second wind and maneouvers.

I love playing it.

For example in my last game i played a Swashbuckler 4/Golden Dragon Sorcerrer 6/Battlemaster 3

Man my DM hated how hard i shut down his ''epic boss'' fights when he didn't throw tonns of low level monsters at us as a distraction...Which were then promptly taken care of by our Sun soul monk, PAM SENTINEL pally and Long Death monk.
>>
>>51239232
I'd say it depends.
Warlock is also incredibly strong dip class due to the invocations.

120 feet "fuck you" vision that ignores magical darkness?
Me gusta.
>>
>>51239126
I didn't add a limit because they stay animated as long as they do not die,
thought that was clear on the long rest rule I will could clear it up.
I didn't add they need concentration because they don't .

I will clear up the multiply awakening rule I can see where people will get confused on that.

Also I have a blanket stat block for each size. Only thing that don't follow the those real per say are weapons because obvious reasons.

The thing is I wanted the objects to have different ability also why I kept them on one/two page for easy referencing.
Otherwise it is just a watered down version of animate object.
>>
Is there supposed to be a UA today? I saw discussion here about it yesterday but I'm not sure.
>>
>>51239400
Yes, they are releasing a new class today: Sohei
>>
>>51239056
>Gain 10ft of flight/jump whe casting a spell of lvl 1 or above that deals thundering damage.
It works before/after any leveled spell. It doesn't have to deal any type of damage, or any damage at all.

>Some token lightning or thundering damage on spells that deal thundering damage
It triggers on lightning or thunder damage and it's pretty comparable to the dragon sorc's bonus in value. It suffers from being short range and not working on cantrips (so no double dipping with quicken) but gains in having no chance to fail or resist and avoiding friendly fire.

>No mention of the resistance/immunity to lightning+thunder damage
Even though you mention the dragon sorc gets cheap resistance. The storm sorc gets up to permanent immunity. How cheap is free?

>Flight 4 levels AFTER dragon sorcerrer gets it but hey at least they can take other people along who may as well already have flight
Or they might not have flight already, plus it's faster than the dragon's and magical, so you're at less risk of falling. It comes later but it's also stronger is what I'm saying.
>>
>>51239400
Ranger UA should be today.
>>
File: JollyBush.png (353KB, 431x386px) Image search: [Google]
JollyBush.png
353KB, 431x386px
>>51239452
> tfw ranger gets cucked out of it's UA again
>>
>>51239452
Wait a monk again?

Were people really that dissatisfied with the Monk UA?
>>
>>51239533
Sohei is the flavor they're going with for psychic warrior and it probably won't be appearing today.
>>
>>51239533
>Wait a monk again?
No, it will be a psionic fighter

>>51239533
>Were people really that dissatisfied with the Monk UA?
Yes, mearls said on twitter that sohei will make people who wants a better Wot4E monk happy
>>
>>51239576
>Yes, mearls said on twitter that sohei will make people who wants a better Wot4E monk happy
Too blatant. We all know those people will never be happy.
>>
>>51239323
That sounds awesome. Would you say it's better to prioritize Rogue over Battle Master? I'm thinking of starting at 5 Rogue/1 Fighter (5 on Rogue to start with Uncanny Dodge and the 3d6) but if it's better to have Battle Master earlier on I'd be willing to sacrifice a couple Rogue Levels.
>>
Is peace hippy monk any good?
>>
>>51239097
Ah crap. You're right, I misspoke. Thanks for identifying that.
>>
>>51234822

Reposting old post for information
>>51234675

So id give milestone xp for progressing plot?
>>
Both milestone and monster exp are shit

The right way to play this game is Gold = Exp
>>
>>51239832
Why?
>>
>>51239832
Milestone is a flawless mechanic
>>
>>51239851
this

>dm gets to move at the pace he wants to
>characters dont get to the boring late game too quickly

levels 5-10 are the best
>>
File: 1482740166879.jpg (38KB, 329x351px) Image search: [Google]
1482740166879.jpg
38KB, 329x351px
>>51239872
>tfw a GM starts you off at level 3 or 4
>>
>>51239317
Prestidigitation, Unseen Servant, Find Familiar, Minor Illusion
>>
>>51234822
>Character
My current character is an Awakened Undead Rogue named Rook. Kind of a gunslinger type, has a hand-cannon made out of a rare (and VERY volatile when in unprocessed form) metal that he's named the Falling Star. Appearance-wise, he typically wears a hooded duster with a scarf and big goggles to cover up the fact that he's a skeleton.
>>
File: AaaahHHHhh.gif (183KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
AaaahHHHhh.gif
183KB, 500x250px
>>51239939
>tfw playing three separate campaigns starting from level 1
>>
File: getcomfy.jpg (53KB, 197x190px) Image search: [Google]
getcomfy.jpg
53KB, 197x190px
>>51239939
I am that gm, players just hit 6 and are loving every minute
>>
>>51239872
Also
>doesn't encourage murderhoboing
>if party starts fucking around or gets lost and fight a bunch of random encounters they're just burning resources not gaining anything
>>
To go along with the topic of starting levels for various campaigns, what do you guys feel is the "best" starting level in 5e? After running it for a while for different groups and at different starting points (usually in the level 1 - 5 range) I think the best starting spot is either at level 2 (usually you get some class defining talent at this level) or level 3 (when most classes get archetypes or spellcasters get 2nd level spells).
>>
>Mfw games always start at level 1 and falls apart before we get to level 4
Always
>>
How do the spell smites hold up to the Paladin Divine smite?
>>
>>51240023
20, because everyone has their best toys and can actually play the game
>>
File: sotd33.png (339KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
sotd33.png
339KB, 500x436px
>>51240018
The solution to murderhobos is absurdly simple.

If your party goes around slaughtering stuff, create a party of NPCs that mirrors the actual party and hunt them down, and make sure it's punishingly difficult. Murderhobos are annoying and inane, but you as the DM can fix it right quick.
>>
>>51234822
WHERE IS MY UNEARTHED ARCANA FUCK YOU MEARLS REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51240023

who would deprive their players of the joy of "unlocking" their classes main features
>>
>>51240057
Give it another hour or two, it's not even 10 am PST yet.
>>
How crazy would it be to offer a 'subrace' to my players? Big bonuses with big downsides. Things like +4 Strength and +4 Constitution while putting their charisma and intelligence in the dumpster as an example.

I've been homebrewing OP races up and they all look pretty fun, but I also don't want to completely break the game.
>>
>>51240088
Thanks mate, hopefully it's psion!
>>
>>51240323
You shouldn't do that. Run pointbuy instead if you want to swing big stat boosts/dumps around.
>>
>>51240323
Be prepared for absolute minmaxxing. Current system allows for unusual combinations still being viable. The one you propose would be less so.
>>
>>51238412
What stats are you talking about?

Con, Dex, and Wis?
>>
>>51240359
It wouldn't be given to them early, it would be offered while they're out adventuring. I.E. the one I mentioned was 'Zombie' and would give them issues in towns and require eating or else they would start to become feral.

>>51240359
My friends and I are leaning towards a more non serious campaign with some testing a silliness. I doubt they'll go too minmaxy. Especially since they won't know the transformations until a couple levels into the game.
I really want to try it, but I don't want the whole campaign to be a wash because of my experimenting.
>>
File: 1483067581939.jpg (7KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
1483067581939.jpg
7KB, 248x203px
need some tips on DM with IRL friends

how do I get two players to shut the fuck up

The first is a rules lawyer and when anyone asks a question, he immediately answers and goes on for 1-2 minutes.

The second is a new player that just talks. alot, mostly about random things and jokes in between every other thing, like he's letsplaying in between role playing his character.

I've resorted to a stern hey and talking over them and hinting at it.

They've really dominated any kind of talking and my 4 other players have talked significantly less because of them. I feel bad about it, but when both of them failed a dex and str save on a cave-in, I faked the roll and gave them high damage to intentionally knock them out (everyone was low and leaving a cave through a different entrance), they were healed and stabilized fairly quickly by the cleric. One would not shut up about how that mustve really hurt. the other just fucked off on his phone and didn't realize he was conscious being carried by our samurai
>>
File: filthyfrank.jpg (278KB, 1280x717px) Image search: [Google]
filthyfrank.jpg
278KB, 1280x717px
>>51240468
Use an timer/hourglass during encounters. When they talk over their time, have their character zone out and skip their turn, then focus fire the fuck out of them with monsters until they learn to play.
>>
>>51240468
If they're IRL friends it shouldn't be difficult to tell them to shut the fuck up
>>
Ranger and Rogue UA is out!
>>
UA ranger and rogue here
>>
>Ranger has to divide attention with the rogue
always cucked
>>
>>51240543
Hey. You.

Learn from this guy >>51240585

He is a bro, you are a fag
>>
>Planar Warrior doesn't have a refresh
>3 levels of Ranger means nothing can ever have resistance against your attacks again

kek
>>
>>51240585
>Primeval Guardian Conclave
"I've always wanted to play an awakened tree," said nobody, ever.
>>
>>51240642
I want to play (and played) a tree since 4e
>>
>>51240598
listen if you are too lazy to type two words in google im too lazy to download and upload it here.
>>
>>51240642
>Your size becomes Large, unless you were larger.

So if you are naturally Large sized, you actively stop being Large and become Large by using this power.

Is there any way to benefit from changing size without changing size?
>>
>>51240585
le spectral ranger or resistance ignoring

or

le tree-man ranger of polearm poking

rogue looks shitty
>>
>>51240628
The other archetype specifically says you deal the bonus damage on every turn, so I think that's intentional.

Still, a three level dip to ignore physical resistance isn't really that useful, is it?
>>
Hey, i'm midway through a campaign and my character sheet is getting pretty full and messy so I wanna redo it/organise it a bit.

Are there any noice and simple, but organised enough and good to look at character sheets that you guys know about?

Cheers.

PS. I'm playing a Tempest Cleric, viking style.
>>
>>51240701
>physical resistance

It says damage resistance. Meaning 3 levels + caster can now ignore spell resistances
>>
>>51240595

I think the Rogue got cucked more, since Ranger has 2 archtypes here and Rogue has 1.

I'm happy that they released both at once though. It means we'll get to the later classes faster.

Planar Ranger seems cool at least, flavor wise. I don't know if I like it more than the Shadowstalker Ranger though. Rogue is cool too. It needs a climbing and swimming speed ala second story work though. It's not weird that the burgular can climb things, but it's weird that the nature rogue who might want to climb cliffs and trees can't. Double sneak attack is awesome.
>>
>>51240585
>>51240642
"I've always wanted to play a rogue that gets to move around slightly more than an average rogue"
>>
Question is an acrobatic dance number is acrobatics or Erformance check?
>>
>>51240763
Both
>>
>>51240725
It says attacks, not spells.
>>
>>51240770
New thread.
>>
>>51234597
>DM wants to to have a campaign where all the angels and demons are sealed away and Clerics draw power from the elemental planes instead
>how bad is this conceptually
It's Dark Sun, is what it is, and Dark Sun Clerics are way cooler. People were already playing "traditional" Clerics in settings like FR but with an elemental bent due to the elemental deities like Akadi, Grumbar, Kossuth, and Istishia, so that all works just fine.

But Dark Sun cuts out the middleman and you are directly empowered by the elemental planes instead. It also gets rid of all the stupid shit no one actually RPs about their Clerics (prayers to specific gods, following their dogma) and just lets you be a rad earth dude who makes the ground open up and swallow 20 enemies while while you bonk the remainder insensate with your mace or summon elementals.
>>
>>51240763
It's a Dexterity (Performance) check
>>
>>51238412
>that's a huge hurdle for some parties

It's surprising how big a hurdle it is.
>>
>>51240763
Split the difference
Dexterity (Performance) or Charisma (Acrobatics)
>>
>>51240738
Well Rogue have 5 official archetypes and one UA archetype so its not in the most dire need of one.
>>
>>51240763
You need proficiency in all things you're using (any instruments, acrobatics if it's part of the performance) but I'd say you ultimately use performance in order to impress a crowd.
>>
>>51240803

It's fair. Fighter has a ton of UA archtypes too, however, and they still wound up with 3 (although they were very similar too). I'm not necessarily disappointed with Rogue's either. This UA was just serviceable (or mediocre, I suppose).
>>
>>51234822
>Commoner
>12 AC
So they have at least 14 dexterity? Cause I don't think they're wearing proper cloth armor. I'd give them 10 AC.
>4 HP
I'd say that's good, yeah.
>1d6
Depends on the weapon.
>+2 to hit
Yeah, if they are proficient.
>>
>>51240585
These are really confusing to me, thematically.

The Portal Ranger does some cool stuff, sure, but how many campaigns are centered around portals? It's like Favored Terrain all over again, but even more so.

Where did the Tree Ranger come from? Someone wanted a Druidy Ranger? I mean I guess there's a Druidy Paladin, sure, but the Ranger just turns into Treebeard?

The Scout's fluff made me think it was going to be a Ranger archetype for Rogue (and I've always thought Ranger should've been consigned to Fighter/Rogue archetypes), but instead it's just a Mobility Rogue. Pretty boring, IMO.
>>
>>51240585
Planar Warrior does eat up your bonus action every turn, which can be useful in certain situations (shifting Hunter's Mark, casting some spells, etc.).

Otherwise Horizon Walker is basically, "I guard the Material Plane from extraplanar incursions, and use the other planes to my advantage."

Primeval Guardian basically turns you into a living, crawling artillery cannon, which I think I'm ok with.

Rogue Scout gets you two free skills WITH Expertise in them at level 3 and a free move if some guy ends their turn next to you. More movement speed at level 9 is nice.

Ambush Master at level 13, pretty strong. Free increase in initiative count for the entire party for the entire fight so long as you begin combat with a surprise round sounds busted. Not to mention they also get a bonus to move speed too.

Sudden Strike letting you get 2x Sneak Attack in one turn on the same target is super strong, but it being a level 17 skill, probably not going to be seen all too often.
>>
>>51235964
I'm pretty sure those are entirely magical in their lifeforce though, as opposed to a fungus, which isn't.
>>
>>51240932

>Artificer caps at level 4 spells
>One level short of 5
>The most utility filled level of spells
>Can't install teleportation circles
>Can't animate objects
>Can't conjure Volley
>Can't creation
>Can't contagion
>Can't Mass Cure Wounds
>Can't Legend Lore
>Can't Planar Bind
>Can't Scry
>Can't Raise Dead
>Can't Swift Quiver
>Can't Wall of Stone

When the Artificer can't craft Golem, you know you've fucked up your character concept.
>>
File: began.jpg (157KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
began.jpg
157KB, 960x960px
>Primeval Warrior
>Bugbear
>Polearm Master
>Sentinel

Your party gathers behind you, anyone who is within 30 feet has difficult terrain, anyone who is within 20 feet provokes opportunity attacks, anyone who gets hit by an opportunity attack stop in their tracks and has to run the gauntlet again
>>
File: murray.png (99KB, 189x224px) Image search: [Google]
murray.png
99KB, 189x224px
>>51241204
>artificer tradition wizard can brew potions
>alchemist artificer cant
>>
>>51239130
How so?
>>
>Horizon walker
Meh, Distant strike noice tho
>Primeval guardina
Hi 4d6 greatsword
Hi extra 1d6 so it's actually 5d6 greatsword
All those THP
Noicest
>Scout
Ranges from ok to good
Sudden Strike STRONK
>>
>>51234822
About to try my hand at DMing for the first time in a few years. I recently had an amazing DM, so I'm actually gonna need to put some effort into it. Are there any music resources out there?

Also, thanks for the resources already posted. These are super helpful.
>>
>>51239025
What the fuck are you blathering about?
>>
>>51241821
How does a greatsword become 4d6?
>>
File: 4646575.gif (92KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
4646575.gif
92KB, 480x270px
>>51242098
I think he's implying the extra attack that all ranger archetypes outside the Beast Master gets.
>>
What's the verdict on the new UA?
>>
>>51242122
>>51242098
Oversized weapons for large creatures
>>
>>51242159
You can be a tree. Best UA
>>
File: 1404686205284.jpg (110KB, 1169x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1404686205284.jpg
110KB, 1169x1001px
>>51242183
Those rules are for monsters not player characters, you'd have to talk your DM into it first.
>>
>>51242349
Of course, but that is what he is referencing.
>>
>>51241821

>Sudden Strike STRONK

It really is. It's a great capstone, I just wish the first features were a little less bland. They should at least be able to climb and swim, so they don't need DM permission to scramble up trees and set up intense ambushes.

I think they should get that and maybe the ability to set up traps somehow. That would be fun.
>>
>>51242365
>>51242349
I could talk to my DM to gestalt favoured soul sorcerer and treachery paladin too, doesn't mean it counts for shit
>>
>>51241930
http://tabletopaudio.com/
>>
>>51236585
Damn right. Hate that place. I have a friend who regularly posts shit there and them messages everyone in the DnD group asking them to go upvote his shit.

It's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>51242260
Make like a tree and split?
Honestly that sounds pretty retarded.

Also new thread when?
>>
So... what do you do if someone casts Dream on a Volo Aasimar?

Because I've been fucking with one of my PC's Aasimar Paladin in Curse of Stradh and now the Bard has decided to that as well and I'm like.. Welp. This is awkward
>>
>>51243242
Warden was a crazy popular class so I think you're in the minority
Thread posts: 383
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.