[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/kdg/ Kingdom Death General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 59

File: anna the awesomeest.png (2MB, 1024x1314px) Image search: [Google]
anna the awesomeest.png
2MB, 1024x1314px
<3 We love you, Anna <3 - Special tribute edition part 2

Kingdom Death is a board game of romantic knife fights against unspeakable horrors in the dark. Grab a lantern and get ready to stab or be stabbed.

Old thread >>51134309

Threadly topic: The Queen of the court has worked quietly behind the scenes to do right by her lands. Please show your appreciation for Anna, sharing your thoughts on the success of the latest KS and telling her what you're looking forward to most of all!!

Kudos, Anna, you're simply amazing!
>>
File: inverted mountain.png (565KB, 639x997px) Image search: [Google]
inverted mountain.png
565KB, 639x997px
>>51148605

last time on /kdg/...

We all said thanks to the man of the hour, Adam! Now let's pay homage to the person behind the scenes, who's positive impact on Kingdom Death's development is rather apparent. If you are not aware, Anna is Adam's better half, and she's responsible for the content of the Gorm and Flower Knight expansions and most recently the inspiration for the Inverted Mountain final showdown being UPSIDEDOWN.

Thanks, Anna, if you're out there maybe lurking in the shadows. Looking forward to seeing your continued success working on Kingdom Death along side Adam and co.
>>
>>51148724
> she's responsible for the content of the Gorm and Flower Knight

Not sure there's higher praise -- those are two of my three favorite expansions (though with me and Gorm it's more like the "buddies" that punch eachother full strength and swear like sailors cursing each other's name while still insisting on being friends... which for a KDM expansion is perfectly fitting).
>>
File: 1482705194148.jpg (26KB, 428x546px) Image search: [Google]
1482705194148.jpg
26KB, 428x546px
So Summer release is basically out of the window at this point?
>>
File: 88644.jpg (59KB, 600x388px) Image search: [Google]
88644.jpg
59KB, 600x388px
>>51148785
Here here. Those expansions are largely toted as MUST HAVE, not only for the content they bring to the game, but also for the interesting and engaging mechanics posed with either expansion.

As someone pointed out in the previos thread, she has an amazing head for gamedesign. I greatly look forward to seeing what she has in store for us with the currently revealed expansions, but I also wonder what else she would REALLY like to work on next...

Truly a boardgame visionary, and a swell gal all around.
>>
>>51148872
Do you count august as summer? If so, there's hope.

Better hope you have a Black Friday pledge, those have high priority
>>
Will I ever be able to buy this game outside of kickstarters and ebay?
>>
>>51148914
Yes you will

Prepare yourself for Black Friday of this year. It's less than a full year away, but that's the closest we are gonna get that's inside 2017
>>
>>51148872
Probably.

I'm expecting a Winter 1.5 release tbqh. I'm hoping Poots surprises me though.
>>
>>51148910
Nah just Gold Lantern, I was late to the party
I'll have to make myself forget about this game after the pledge manager is over with
>>
Any other backed boardgames you're waiting on, /kdg/?
>>
>>51148940
I guess i'll start poking my head in these generals if they're still up around november.
>>
File: image.jpg (124KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124KB, 540x720px
Can anyone tell me a bit about their People of the Sun campaigns? I love everything about the atmosphere.

Should I add the Sunstalker as a quarry still? I might be a bit thematically consistent but its gear fits very well.
>>
>>51148914

Yes, just not for a while.

The first kickstarter produced a surplus of product that was sold in the online story after. However, while some stuff is still available the core is all sold out.

Its very expensive to print because Poots refuses to half ass things, so the second kickstarter was originally just to fund a reprint of the core and a couple of new expansions. We blew though all those expectations beyond any reasonable expectation.

In addition to that, one of the pledge levels was Retail, getting 6 core boxes for presumed resale.

So I would expect that not only will the online store be stocked with the core game again after all pledges have been fulfilled, but in addition to that some game stores will have a limited amount of Core boxes themselves to sell.

The core boxes and update packs SHOULD ship this summer, but might be delayed a bit because of the much higher than expected demand due to the KS being so damn successful. So you might be able to pay retail for a core game this summer, and you should certainly be able to do it by fall assuming there is a time delay between pledges being fulfilled and stuff going on the store.
>>
>>51148910
Do you think update packs have a better chance of being delivered earlier? I mean simply by looking at numbers of how many people backed the last kickstarter and how many copies were then sold on the store there must be a fairly small (by comparison) number of people getting them.
>>
>>51148959
I almost backed that one about the fantastic 5 puzzle solver... Forget the name. I was really close to doing so, but the awesome special edition box was a little out of my reach at the time. Thankfully I held off, and then caught wind of 1.5 KD:M. I'm much happier with that pledge, but I still REALLY like the art direction and concept of that game. Fuck I wish I could remember the name...

>>51148944
Don't give up hope. And it's important not to completely forget about the game; take this opportunity to practice your craft and get amazing at painting.

If you're already good at painting, try your hand at greenstuff modifications.

If you're a wizard at both, then please help me with my core ;_;
>>
>>51148959

Dark Souls Boardgame.

...I'm mostly getting it for the minis, since getting a set of DS minis to use for dnd is its own reward. I hope the game will be good too, but I have doubts as to long term replay value.
>>
>>51149009
I see, thank you. Doing a bit of googling it does seem there are sales for the game around black friday like the other anon said. Hopefully the core game sells for a bit cheaper this year too around it.
>>
>>51149010

Its possible! They have less material than the core boxes do, and most pledge levels had new core sets instead of update boxes, so there will be more of them. We know Poots has to do a second printing of the core game, but he might have enough update boxes ordered to see him through.

I wouldn't expect it to be TOO far ahead of the rest, though. Poots likes to fulfill a wave all at once, not a bit at a time peicemeal.
>>
>>51148959
Fate of the Elder Gods, Tavern Masters, and Vast: The Crystal Cavern. 2017's looking like a good year in gaming.
>>
>>51149069
I believe he filled more orders for upgrade kits than he anticipated as well -- but I doubt it was to the same demand as the core rerelease.

There is still a surprising amount of content in the upgrade, I was shocked that you could pick it up alone for just 50 bucks during the campaign.

There was also confusing amongst backers; towards the end I saw constant postings in the comments of "PEOPLE PLEASE VERIFY YOU HAVE AN UPGRADE PACK OR A CORE GAME AND SWITCH ACCORDINGLY" from like six different people...
>>
>>51148980
Even if the /kdg/ series dies off, expect it to return whenever waves ship.

After KS2 starts fulfilling there are going to be a lot more people with actual opinions on the game so the generals might stay long term, but we're still a lot more niche than most established wargames or RPGs. We still might not maintain a permanent thread but something like Death Fridays would be worthwhile seeing how much combining and recombining of expansion content is available, the uniqueness of any given settlement, and the homebrewing some anons do
>>
>>51148959
Not that I'm waiting on.
Lagoon is good, but no signs of expacks.
I wish I had more knot dice already.
I just got the war chest for Fireteam Zero.
FTZ is more-or-less a better MYTH, so I'm probably not going to get that new one.
>>
>>51149141
On the contrary, we have a lot to look forward to on the horizon

>OC from drawfriends
>game reports and existing mechanics discussion
>TTS groups forming
We already have 3 people grouped up, so if anyone else wants in on a newly starting TTS Kingdom Death group, provide your email
>resculpts of Frogdog and Gorm
>painting tutorials and WIP updates
>more Rime, because Anonymous demands it

and much more

If you guys haven't been keeping track, we can't have a single thread last longer than a full day -- so I anticipate that the hype will carry us at least a few months on this stuff alone --Also that's beside the rush that pledge manager and last minute piggybacking will bring.
>>
File: R5_Board_08.jpg (131KB, 840x515px) Image search: [Google]
R5_Board_08.jpg
131KB, 840x515px
>>51149017
>I almost backed that one about the fantastic 5 puzzle solver...
I just remembered it

Rising 5!

This shit looked like fun, but I wondered how it would play with more than 1 person.... the mechanics basically function the same with 1, only you have control over the finiete resource in the game, action cards. The cards allow you to active one of 5 members of a galactic disaster response team, that just showed up to a planet that has a doomsday prophecy unfolding before all. You spend these action cards to use these actors, and then one they're gone they're gone and it's game over... Which sounds intriguing, but again unsure how it feels in hand.

If anything, Rising 5 has stunning original artwork; I would very much love see more from that developer.
>>
>>51148910
Is the black friday meme still around? Jesus. No one has ever made a reference to a poots comment.

Just to a troll post that I made
>>
File: 1484014954507.jpg (39KB, 405x550px) Image search: [Google]
1484014954507.jpg
39KB, 405x550px
>>51149429
I made the troll post
>>
>>51149465
then we both must have, because i made the one about satans getting delivered last because they aren't real fans
>>
>>51149498
it was a SP reference
>>
>>51148785
shame gorm looks like ass and will probably never get redone
>>
File: ftz.jpg (202KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
ftz.jpg
202KB, 700x700px
>>51149163
What's Fire Team Zero like? I only looked into MYTH for a split second; co-op dungeon crawling with expansive narrative gameplay?

Any chance for single player mode in the future?

I saw a copy at a sci fi convention once, and haven't been able to track one down since.
>>
>>51149607
>will probably never get redone
Not if I can help it, anon

My hope is to model one that's standing on it's hind legs, in a far more dynamic pose and of course tweaked proportions. Just look at the significant improvement this has on the gorm for inspiration.
>>
>>51149639

I backed Fireteam Zero at a pretty high level so I can answer your question. I've played it a few times with friends and it's a lot of fun, it's very much a very fast dungeon crawler although it doesn't have loot, instead settling for 'leveling up' and getting new and more powerful abilities. Put your dudes down, move through the world while evil enemies attack you and get ever more powerful as the round progresses. My update/expansion stuff just arrived the other day so I haven't had a chance to see how the new campaigns or strains are. It would be easy to play solo if you wanted but is best experienced with people.
>>
>>51149677
Gonna give it the L3 tusks as well? there was a model of one with them a few threads back and it looked pretty badass.
>>
>>51149639
I haven't played a lot, we keep dying on the way to extraction.
MYTH doesn't feel very expansive or narrative. It's a dungeon crawl.
FTZ, I think, has a dungeon crawl mode and the story. A story is three dungeons with chosen quests and enemies and ends with a boss fight.

FTZ feels really tense and lethal, but you can assist your friends with your cards. Cards also = character HP, so it's an interesting choice of using them or not. In MYTH you can pop minibosses using a single card or two card combo.

The soundtrack is fitting, but each track is fairly short.
>>
>>51149677

The head is fine, everything else is what is sort of meh.

I wonder if there is another monster, like an elephant or something, from another game where you can just cut off the heads and swap them to get a better effect.
>>
>>51149717
I plan to sculpt my own tusks, yes. That anon inspired me to do so; what an improvement it looked with that simple addon.

>>51149726
>sound track
That sounds awesome, I love official media accompaniments like that

If I had a friend in the world that would play with me, I think I'll get FTZ. Myth was always intriguing but I heart it's riddled with design flaws, and that basically the game company released an unfinished product, with the hopes the fanbase would improve upon it themselves.

>>51149710

>>51149710
>It would be easy to play solo if you wanted but is best experienced with people.
No fucking bullshit? You can really mod it by just playing someone else's station? THATS AWESOME! Thanks so much, I will eagerly look for a used copy if I can now.

Probably waiting for the pledge manager to come to pass for Kingdom Death (sorry, baby, I hadn't forgotten about you so soon!) and then once I can afford it pick this game up.

I play zombicide and monsterpocalypse solo, but I desperately want to get something new.... I had looked into MERCS, but with the terrible things I had heard about MYTH I just decided to pass on it entirely.
>>
>>51149846

The way FTZ works is that each player controls a character and their hand of cards (attacks/abilities), and of course actions in-game. If you want to play solo, just control all of that yourself and you're good to go.

I also have MERCS: Recon btw if you want to know about that.
>>
>>51149733
well you misunderstand me when I say proportions... I'm not JUST talking about the head, although that artist seemingly did a better job of rendering that baby face. I mean look at the hulking body, the out stretched paw; all of this adds a sense of dread and fear, beyond just standing in a static pose splaying it's throatcunt.

Here's an elephant monster concept I LIKE, but I dont think it has a miniature. Forgetting all the obvious elephant/indian details, I want to use the body/frame/structure of this creature and translate the rest of the Gorm's features on to this.
>>
>>51149245
>TTS groups forming
I think I´d like to play KD:M online as well.
When is the next Steam Sale and is TTS likely to go on sale?
>>
>>51149900
I absolutely want to know about MERCS, because everywhere I've asked people tell me to skip it.

Is that a nice solo game? Does it have lots of crunchy tactics? Have you ever played a faceoff in it?

I hate to talk up other games in the thread, but we seem a little slow this afternoon so It's cool.

Appreciate you doin this, anon!

T. a lone gamer
>>
File: gay ben.jpg (133KB, 1236x1600px) Image search: [Google]
gay ben.jpg
133KB, 1236x1600px
>>51149937
>January
anon I...

also feel free to email me -- you or anyone else. As I said it's me and two other people thus far, and we all have ambitions to forge a longstanding play community that can learn the game at their own pace -- at present we haven't played a single game of Kingdom Death
>>
>>51149954

I don't think it's as much of a skip as people say. The rules are not as tight as I'd like them to be, but the game is overall pretty fun and once you know all the options it runs quickly. The tactics aren't the crunchiest but they do vary quite a bit between megacorps. The Russians have 0 subtlety, while playing as Kemvar (as long as you have their assassin) is like a mad sprint through the hallways, interrogating everyone on the way. I have not yet played the PvP mode (the tabletop game proper). Hard for me to say just how good the value is though - it was like $300 and I got pretty much everything for the game so I have dozens of factions, missions, special NPCs and so on.
>>
>>51149937
They usually have a smaller scale sale on Valentines day I think. Chances of TTS being a selected game is small though I would wager.
>>
>>51149997
that sounds right up my alley

my FLGS said they would stock it, but they never made good on that request. Again, if I can find one used I will certainly pick it up -- I had intent on doing this anywys, but with the advent of 1.5 I've been looking at my hobby expense and wondering what I'm doing with my life.

Thanks for taking a sec to sell me on these two games; you're the best, anon!
>>
>>51150015
>>51149990
I am a bit short on cash right now, so I have to hold of to getting that TTS.
>>
>>51150054

No sweat anon, hope you find them fun! And I feel you on the hobby expenses thing - I backed Kingdom Death 1.5, Cthulhu Wars, Mercs and FTZ. The money is one thing (I was in college for a lot of it), storage... that's another problem altogether.
>>
>>51149990
forgot email

donnynewday at gmail
>>
>>51149245
i would like to watch. i kind of just want to play kd for the first time irl. but it sounds fun to just hang out in a ts with people that play the game.

[email protected]

maybe il play. but so far i just want to grab popcorn and watch you all die.

also i can mute my mic if to many people are starting to talk.
>>
>>51150175
also are you guys online now? we could play catan or something else easy to get things in order.
>>
>>51150130
anon from a few threads ago here, I sent you a friend request on steam
>>
>>51150175
>>51150220
Well eventually I'm forging a steam group, so feel free to add my mailif it's your wish to watch us suffer

I personally have never played catan... does that mean I'll suck at KD?
>>
>>51148959
TMNT, Widower's Wood, Dark Souls (rulebook looks great) and Sword & Sorcery (sadly I'm thinking on sacrificing this one, I've spent a lot in Kingdom Death but it was a once in a lifetime chance)
>>
>>51148959
7th continent
SDE: Legends
Dark Souls
Dreadball 2
Dropfleet Commander
Warpath (Have but haven't been able to play with anyone yet)

But out of these and all past things I've backed, KD:M is the one I'm most hyped for. Even more than Scythe Art Connoisseur Edition.
>>
>>51150459
Depends, how well do you act as a table?
>>
>>51150573
I'm rapidly selling off games that were on my backlog thanks to Kingdom Death myself.

See ya later, XCOM; you we're probably horrible single player anyhow...

This really did feel like a once in a lifetime chance, even though Anna tried to reassure us that it will be more readily available this second go-around. I missed out on the first KS, wasn't going to let that happen a second time.
>>
>>51150648
We're beginning introductions now, so unsure how we are as a table yet.

Anon seems nice though :D
>>
>>51150669
Xcom was literally made for single player, also very very fun, if you have no choice sell it. Otherwise keep it, or pirate it.
>>
>>51150725
What? Really? I watched a few reviews that said it's garbage single player, but that it can also be unfun if your group refuses to switch stations

If my FLGS won't take store credit, I'll hang on to it.

Guess you can't believe everything you hear on the internet lol
>>
>>51150725
Not that anon, but I'm fairly dubious of any board game that requires an app to play. If I wanted to futz with persistent internet connections and long term worries about operating systems, servers, and availability, I'd play me some newschool vidya. You can call me old-fashioned, but when dealing with /tg/ materials I kind of expect them to at least be technically playable in 10+ years, right out of the box.

I'm also a little bit salty about Legacy games that only support one playthrough.
>>
>>51150459
whats your mail ?
>>
>>51150814
The XCOM program does not require a persistent internet connection to function. The program is available on apple and android devices as an app, or as a windows or mac executable that can be ran on any computer. Computers as we know them would have to undergo an insane paradigm shift in order to no longer be compatible with the XCOM executable. The program is small enough for FFG to continue hosting on their store website until the end of time as well as the phone apps being hosted on the respective store servers. If you were really paranoid about it you could dedicate a little raspberry pi to running the program and package it in the box.

>>51150669
>>51150725
>>51150787
XCOM single player is okay. It's fun and becomes more thinky since you get to manage all aspects and don't have to rely on other people that might make mistakes but also you can't rely on other people to split part of the puzzle.

Ultimately single player is fun, but much more stressful. I enjoy 4 player the most, it is a lot more relaxed at the full player count and I enjoy my time more with it that way.
>>
>>51150887
donnynewday at geemale

I'm sending one out to this fella here now to add them to the group

>>51150175
>>
God im so excited to have a final boss that's actually challenging

1.5 cant get here soon enough famalams
>>
>>51151025
>>51150175

i have not gotten a mail yet. maybe your working on it.
>>
>>51151110
fuck me
>>
>>51151107
too right

which boss are you referring to though?

One-eye'd Flying Ivory Dragon?

I'm personally stoked about the laser beam emitting SCREAMING GOD
>>
>>51151107
just imagine farming end game gear from fucking dragons or sunstalkers.
>>
File: boing.jpg (88KB, 380x718px) Image search: [Google]
boing.jpg
88KB, 380x718px
>>51151107
There's at least 3-5 "Final" Bosses coming with this KS.

Gold Smoke, Goblin Dragon, Ivory Dragon, Screaming God, Mountain Man, Gryphon, Pariah (If Red Witch Campaign is made).

I'm hype.
>>
>>51151184
I don't think Screaming God is going to be an endboss: it pushes Gold Smoke back and is farmable for armor sets in the meantime, as opposed to Satan and The Sparrow King which appear after GSK
>>
>>51151172
>Not having Ivory Dragon
>Not farming the Gold Smoke Knight

Do you even triumph, bro?
>>
>>51151164
talkin about 1.5 so that would be Gold Smoke Knight

im excited about the others too obv but im not going to be fighting them until about 3-4 years from now
>>
>>51151214
Lantern Parasite Queen my dude.

Screaming God has 2 monsters.
>>
>>51151240

I would be more likely to get Ivory Dragon if we knew anything about it.

I'm sure it will be okay, Poots rarely releases a total disappointment. But why should I get Ivory Dragon when I can buy Lion God + Silver City for the same price?
>>
>>51151240
I chose to get Abyssal Woods instead.

I just don't like anything about the Ivory Dragon presentation so far.
>>
For those of you that own every expansion, are there any boss fights that you just straight up dislike in them?
>>
>>51151315
i fucking forgot about her

i am so pumped. I hope its not too hard to work other campeigns in. I'd love to have people of the stars who hunt the screaming god to show their love for their god, their worthiness, before they become gods themselves.

Or go on to hunt the ivory dragon and fill my headcanon once they are transcended.

Maybe campaigns of death will touch on this.
>>
>>51151315
The language used still makes it sound like the GSK remains in a game with Screaming God. I'd bet on the Parasite Queen being more like the Lonely Tree fight: a rare and special 'bonus' showdown you have to unlock (in this case by messing with Screaming God stuff)
>>
>>51151376
Of the current xpacs Lion God is lowest tier.
At least the tree looks nice.
>>
>>51151377
>Maybe campaigns of death will touch on this.
Supposedly Campaigns of Death won't be integrating new expansions, but I have a feeling Poots may get more awesome ideas involving the new stuff and throw it in. He just won't promise the book messing with anything new.

Ancient Butcher could be another endboss, too. We don't really know yet.
>>
>>51151184

The millenium gamblers might sound like a cool final fight to me.
>>
>>51151400
Silver City, friend. Lion God got kicked up a few notches. (which is ANOTHER final boss: Legendary Lion God)

Of course, if you're going with Old Only with limited funds to save on shipping, it remains pretty trash tier. Even with more Lantern Years I don't see the rewards being worth the hell of that fight.
>>
>>51151400
Lion God is literally one of the best models

I will literally irl fight anyone who disagrees with me on this

Also his fight is fucking brilliant. The rewards aren't great though which is a shame but hey almost all of the rewards in KDM suck balls.

>>51151440
My guess is that hes probably going to make a Campaigns of Death 2 around the time the new expansions roll out. I expect the first one to be out in 2018.
>>
>>51151318

They seem to be fundamentally two different xpacks, really. Silver City/LG is a dungeon crawler that you explore near the end game (presumably) to get rare gear and more lore for those into that sort of thing. What node the Lion God is in remains to be seen.

As for Ivory Dragon, it is for all intents and purposes purely a climactic, final boss fight for all of KD:M, or at least one of them at this point. From the looks of the pitch, your characters will need to defeat a gate guardian just to get access to Satan, and then you have to fight one of the most powerful bosses in the game. Honestly this one looks like a lot of fun - we already know how the Lion God works, but Poots seems incredibly excited to make the Satan fight, so it should be a battle unlike any other.
>>
>>51151467
I'm really interested in seeing what "Full power" Lion G will be like. I know they won't be producing a new mini for it, but I plan to paint mine up in a distinctive way for Silver City. Perhaps draped in robes laced with silver threads?
>>
my dream is that with the campaign going so long, lvl 3 monsters will drop like half rare loot and half normal loot.

that way you can decide later to make a quick armor set from a low level monster if you deem it wise.
>>
>>51151376
Lion God is criminally un-fun, and the rewards don't really make it worth the misery.

If it were a little more forgiving, it would be an excellent encounter for getting easy access to iron. As it stands, you're going to get beat up or killed.

>>51151626
>I'm really interested in seeing what "Full power" Lion G will be like.
I figured it would just be the level 3 Lion God. That fight is bonkers. All attacks are now relentless, everyone is always a threat and in LoS, and he has both of his Legendary AI cards, which are brutal.
>>
File: finally peace of mind.jpg (22KB, 800x340px) Image search: [Google]
finally peace of mind.jpg
22KB, 800x340px
>>51148605
Oh my sweet merciful fuck

Thank you, Doug, at Capital One -- he expedited my card replacement and I was able to lock down my pledge.

This is an incredible weight lifted from my shoulders. Now I have to find some way of paying that credit card off as quickly as possible.

Anyone else out there waiting to correct payment? You have 4 days left, less than even.
>>
File: 1480169514856.jpg (32KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1480169514856.jpg
32KB, 412x430px
>Dragon God is the last of his kind.
>Ivory Dragon.
>Goblin Dragon.

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS!!!
>>
>>51151837
Fuck, yeah Doug.

All hail.
>>
Has anyone finished a run using one of the different campaign variants?

Was it fun?
>>
>>51151844
You forgot the red haired dragons, that are used to make the red witch cloaks.

But the Dragon King is either the last of a a species foreign to the KD world (he crashes down in a meteor made of his protective dragon shell), or is the last of his particular dragon species.
>>
>>51151844
There's a popular theory that Dragons are Kingdom Death's version of angels, and that the Dragon King is the only one not to have fallen and is in that sense the last of his kind (uncorrupted angels).
>>
>>51151844
To be fair, one of them is Big Bird playing Harbinger of the Death, and the other IS the Harbinger of the end times; neither of which look like dragons at all....

That being said...
Golgori cross over when???
>>
>>51151837
Yup. KS billed the wrong card. Even after I had removed it. Associated pledge w different card. Etc. Still no dicing response from KS, I had to dispute the charge through my bank.
I contacted Poors to see if I can get his help in cancelling the pledge and getting it reissued, but, at b this rate in have no ducking clue
>>
>>51151924
>tfw Itsuno is making a game
>tfw rumors abound that its not DMC5

I want to believe.
>>
>>51151844
Last of his lineage, presumably.
>>
>>51151918
That isn't a fucking popular theory- just one autistic shitting up KD threads with this polluted idea better left to shut a nine tropes.
>>
>>51152048
Nah, I like the theory too so it's minimum two anons.
>>
>>51152075
I'm not that anon either and I like it so I guess that makes three.
>>
File: tmp_30828-uNbAnzr-1678940661.jpg (663KB, 900x9113px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_30828-uNbAnzr-1678940661.jpg
663KB, 900x9113px
>>51152075
>same fagging
Fuck off-O
>>
>>51151844
Dragon King is different from the others, one is not a dragon and the other is just what Satan (presumably) calls itself.
>>
File: Doug F from capital one.jpg (79KB, 1022x1471px) Image search: [Google]
Doug F from capital one.jpg
79KB, 1022x1471px
>>51151837
I gotchu, Sir. Enjoy!

>>51151859
word
>>
>>51152075
I don't mind it, I just don't want confirmation. I'd rather keep the focus of the game on the survivors than the explicit world lore.
>>
>>51152075
three anons

>>51152048
while ill give you its headcanon, there's some merit to it, primarily due to the glories present on all the dragon tyrant stuff. I do think that long text ball was looking way too far into it though, especially given that KD:M basically is about 'everything fucking sucks'
>>
>>51152092
I'm not any of you anons and I think its cool so we're up to four now
>>
>>51152104
>no fun allowed
quit being such a whiny faggot
>>
>>51152127
Five.
>>
>>51152104
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE
>>
>>51151837
Where can you see such confirmation? Should this show up in KS or by email?
My card was charged on Monday but I never got this.
>>
>>51152131
Chewing fingers isn't fun you insufferable cock sucker
>>
>>51152092
>>51152048
>>51151918

I too wish to believe in battleform angels = dragons

because rationalizing it any other way doesn't appeal to me - at least until we receive official word.
>>
>>51152172
What the fuck are you on about
>>
File: Kill_These_Guys.jpg (59KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
Kill_These_Guys.jpg
59KB, 600x397px
>>51152048
>that Pond Scum
>>
>>51152167
Well you click on your ks

if it has a yellow bar at the top saying "YOU FUCKED UP NIGGA, TICK TOCK, ONLY FO DAYS LEFT!" then your payment wasn't successful. Otherwise, you're good.

If you did have this warning, immediately after clicking "solve this error" and putting my new card info in, I was prompted with that screen exact -- but keep in mind I used filter effects on it, so it will be a white page with the green kickstarter logo.

>>51152113
kekamundo gigante - honk honk
>>
I'm trying to get the Necromancer and Knight miniatures, are there any places to get them at less than scalper prices? I already checked LeLe's store on AliExpress.
>>
>>51152212
I've never seen that show... Watamote right?

Is it worth a read first or a viewing?
>>
how do i gut gud at painting

also what are some good brushes to get?

>>51152290
dam!!!!!!!
>>
>>51152012
Don't you play with my heart like that, anon; else I'll fly you into free.
>>
>>51152317

>How do I git gud?

Practice, and looking up guides online so you can try new stuff.

>Good brushes

Windsor and Newton series 7
>>
>>51152290
o no, i was rekt
>>
>>51152290
does the angel dragon idea make you that mad? I'm going to talk about it more now. maybe you'll lay some dank smackdowns.
>>
File: Id_Be_So_Hard.png (555KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
Id_Be_So_Hard.png
555KB, 1024x600px
>>51152278
I would say watch the anime first. It distills the finer parts. Manga is more complete. So you'll still find new pieces if you read manga after watching the anime. Not so much the other way around.

Word of warning, it might... hit too close to home for some people. And let's be honest here, if you're on 4chan, chances are you're exactly the kind of a person.
>>
>>51152186
>I too wish to believe in battleform angels = dragons
But Anon, best angel is a wheel.
>>
Anon suffered frenzy brain damage apparently.
>>
>>51152468
We are not on autosage
>>
File: 1483665770673.jpg (46KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1483665770673.jpg
46KB, 600x450px
>>51152439
You're god-loving right
>>
>>51152439
Wheel dragon confirmed.
>>
>People forcing biblical nonsense into KD
new fans were a mistake
>>
>>51152578
>Forcing biblical nonsense
>When literaly Satan is already part of the game lore
>>
File: WON84.jpg (49KB, 175x440px) Image search: [Google]
WON84.jpg
49KB, 175x440px
>>51152578
>>
File: back against the paradise.jpg (60KB, 644x800px) Image search: [Google]
back against the paradise.jpg
60KB, 644x800px
>>51152578
ayy shuddup
>>
>>51152629
It's not -literally- satan though is it. It's a set of monsters called satan.

Anyway, it's a stupid theory that autimos latched onto because it "explains" stuff.

The best part of KD is the mystery.
If you want everything broken down so you understand the science behind a plain of stone faces you are literally a doofus.
>>
>>51152439

6Juggernaught Star Scours the Universe would be too insane for a Kingdom Death fight.
>>
>>51148959
Dark Souls and Middara for me.

I'm kind of bummed I have to wait to buy the retailer exclusive expansions for DSBG, though.
>>
>>51152048
There's at least 7 of us faggots so be a good chap and toddle off back to your Black Friday Silver Lantern :^)
>>
>>51152699
Oh man, neat, there might be some lore int he future that could connect some monsters and satan.
>If you want everything broken down so you understand the science behind a plain of stone faces you are literally a doofus.
Right, im sorry, everything should be isolated in it's own vacuum. I too hate all internal references and potential world building.
>>
>>51152699
>The best part of KD is the mystery.
>not the game
>>
>>51152784
He wouldn't now.

He'll never own it
>>
>>51152
Completely agree.

are you a bong?
>>
>>51152699
Well even if we don't get to know all this stuff through the game they've clearly still thought of all of this as we saw in the updates with the Sparrow King and the rock grubs (where they literally explain the science of the plain of faces), so why not speculate about what has been though up behind the scenes?

Also
> implying this isn't literally satan
>>
>>51152783
>>51152784
>>51152782
I can tell you guys are newfans.

>Right, im sorry, everything should be isolated in it's own vacuum. I too hate all internal references and potential world building.
And this guy is assblasted.
>>
>>51152699
It's not a set, it's a single entity that split itself in two so that it could admire itself and indulge in double the hedonistic pleasure.
>>
World building shifts the onus away from the settlement. I imagine this will appeal more to people who play solo.
>>
>>51152808
I backed the first KS though and have a black notpleb box to prove it.

Plebbers.
>>
>>51149990
email me too please! I've been wanting to learn/play KD and I have TTS [email protected] is my email
>>
>>51148959

The rest of my Fireteam Zero pledge arrived the other day so... nope I'm set.
>>
>>51152846
Also to autists.

>literally satan
>KD Satan
Not the same.
>>
>>51152846
Well that's fine since one of Poots' ongoing projects mentioned in one of the post campaign KS1 updates was a deck building game so far named Kingdom Death: Titan that would focus on larger scale events.
>>
>>51152906
>Gets anal about the minutia in definitions
>Calls other people autistic

That's rich.
>>
>>51152349
my wallet. 0,2,4 should be enough?
>>
>>51152944
>Trying to force a meme
>Gets upset when people don't agree with you fanfiction
Consider suicide as a future career option.
>>
>>51152817
>newfans.

Barely missed the first forsaker print, bro. Been around and ogling this shit forever. I still remember the excitement day one for the KD:M kickstarter.

>And this guy is assblasted.
flustered and amused, the way you get when watching a friend hit on a girl and spill his spaghetti. I think it's a fun theory to think "Man, i wonder if satan and tyrant have a grudge," but to think it's anything more than amusing and colorful is silly. Especially since we don't have anything on the ivory dragon other than zippervag.

Do I like the warform thing? Yeah. Is it something I think WOW IT FUCKING MUST BE? Nah. But it has me excited for my expansions, to see what comes of them. So I guess it shocks me that there are people who literally react with a rage-boner at someones headcanon.

Fuck, it's not undertale headcanon, after all.
>>
Has anyone else ordered MDF/Acrylic replacement inserts for their black box? I got the one from Miner Creations and I love that everything fits now. You guys think the new insert Adam is going to send out will be comparable to fan made creations?

Also, fucker is now so heavy I don't have to go to the gym. Just bench the box when you're at home.
>>
I adore KD as a game, and have prolly put about 150 hours into it plus two kickstarters, but this weird hero worship bullshit people have with the creators is not for /tg/.

[2nd best knight will never get any gameplay]
>>
>>51153003
>"No I'm totally not mad" post
Didn't read, sodium content is to high.
>>
>>51153003
sensible opinions will get you shot, anon.
>>
>>51152831
Which sounds exactly how much like Satan in the Book of Job?

And how much like the Beast, Antichrist, or anything else conflated with Satan in Revelation?

And how much like Satan in his most well-known outing, Inferno?

Does it resemble Satan as depicted by Milton in Paradise Lost?

You could argue that Biblical Satan has been through a heck of a lot of versions. Indeed, what most people think of as Satan-as-per-Bible isn't even in the Bible (nor is Hell, for that matter) So therefore KDM Satan could be Satan-Lord-of-All-Evil. I mean, he's made some really stupid appearances. Maybe the Satan Arnold fought in End of Days or the Satan that gets his ass kicked in Ghost Rider 2 is even a more divergent/worse take on Abrahamic Satan. We've even had Sexy Femme Satan in Casey and Andy if you're in to kinda shitty webcomics

But the thing is, the world of KDM such as we know it, even (especially) in the rare insider look we get in the Abyssal Woods update, isn't particularly compatible with Abrahamic backdrop. This is a world of many, perhaps countless "gods" and Entities who don't even all know what's up. If there were a big fall from grace with the Dragon entities as angels, The Sparrow King's gambit would have been over in a second.

IMO KDM's Satan is Satan because it's built on the same motif of being the ultimate embodiment of Pride and Vanity as Milton or Dante's depiction. That doesn't mean it needs the same origin story.
>>
>>51152981
Not agreeing is one thing.
Throwing a tantrum and shitting up the thread is another.
>>
File: rly mang.jpg (23KB, 250x237px) Image search: [Google]
rly mang.jpg
23KB, 250x237px
>>51153047
Blame the newfans.
Oldfans definitely do not revere Poo at all.

>>51153025
>Mfw everything fits in the original insert.
>Except my monsters decks which I have in a nice wooden box.
Dunno how people pack that box, but it is a clown magnet for sure.
>>
>>51153081
Just to be clear, I don't mind people wanting to form a pattern and tie together a dragons-and-angels theology of KDM, I just don't subscribe to it and have reasons WHY I don't.
>>
>>51153091
But that's what you're doing mister hippocrate.
>>51152699
>1 post calls theory stupid.
>4 posts crying.
>>
>>51153047
>hero worship
>saying thanks for making a cool game

two different things, fella. There's nothing wrong with showing appreciation for the design team of anything.

Besides, Poots was forwarded these thread links, so it won't be an everyday appreciation kinda thing. We were hoping he'd listen to feedback and maybe make some cool content based off our suggestions -- such as the cool My Pet Bossfight idea proposed last thread.

I mean you're entitled to feel however you feel about them, but at the very least we've got a pretty chill dude in Poots.
>>
>>51152976
>my wallet. 0,2,4 should be enough?
0, 2 and 4 in terms of brush sizes? A 4 is way too big -- 2 is big enough for all but the largest miniatures. A 0 is good. Might want a 1 for larger layers, and possibly a 000 for fine details.
>>
>>51153067
>sensible opinions will get you shot, anon.

>>51153055
>Didn't read, sodium content is to high.
Like I said, rage boners. It's kinda funny. Beleive it or not, people can discuss things without screaming like your parents. Do you play LoL or HotS? You seem the type.

>>51153110
>Just to be clear, I don't mind people wanting to form a pattern and tie together a dragons-and-angels theology of KDM, I just don't subscribe to it and have reasons WHY I don't.
There's nothing to really prove it anyway. Just headcanon stuff.
>>
>>51153139
>My Pet Bossfight
I know a lot of people were suggesting bringing that thing out on hunts, but I think it would be more thematically appropriate if it was a bonus for versus Nemesis fights Which of course there would be a lot of difficult examples of in a defended settlement's timeline or gave passive/endeavor benefits like a kickass lantern hoard while it grew.
>>
>>51153095
>Blame the newfans.
>Oldfans definitely do not revere Poo at all.
Post a picture of your forsaker bro
>>
>>51153144
Thank you.
>>
>>51153180
>Beleive it or not, people can discuss things without screaming like your parents.
Says the guy who said this
>>51152290
And calls everyone who disagrees with him autistic.
>>
>>51153199
What a stupid thing to say.

I don't buy content unrelated to the game.

Waste of money.

Besides the Forsaker is Garbage.

Post your Resin Black Knight.
>>
>>51153199
While you're at it post your 1.0 core.
>>
>>51148959
Lisboa is supposed to arrive in July. Game's beautiful, Lacerda is a freaking genius.
>>
>>51152976
I used a 2 when I started out painting miniatures. It's gotten so little use that I still have it, in fact, though I should probably get a new one. It's just too big for most jobs, and while doing layers on some models (like the Dragon King) would be tedious as fuck with a 0, 0 will do for most figures. 0 rounds have been my workhorses for ages -- big enough for me to do layer colors with, fine enough that I can do some detail. 00, 5/0 or 20/0 have treated me well for fine details though working with 20/0 took some practice to not fuck it up.
>>
>>51153180
Calm down.

You seem upset.
>>
>>51152817
>>i-i was here first so everything should stay like it was when i got here

ok.png

[spoilers]even if that held water, i was here for the forsaker, friend[/spoiler]
>>
>>51153191
Well I think the idea was that you can have a buddy to go on gathering/hunting quests, building up to taking it on bigger game expeditions. I'm okay with either way, I just really love the idea of having to raise a companion and then depending on your choices and the impact on your settlement/resources from them, you'll get a different outcome of the companion each time.

>Keeping it in the settlement as a moral thing
>gets too fat and starts to become a huge resource sink
>eats the settlement eventully

or

>is best hunting buddy ever
>so smart, taught him a lot
>"Oh-ho ho, very funny, down boy!"
> "w-wait, what are you -- DOWN!"
>wipes out your best hunting party, comes back wagging it's tail and wanting to eagerly go on another

There's a lot of cool directions it could be pulled, most definitely.
>>
>>51152848
d'awww *headpats*
>>
>>51153282
If it was a simple disagreement with a fan theory you'd think he could've ignored the post and moved on and not gone one a multi post rant.
>>
>>51153095
If you're gonna push this new reaction image at least crop it properly.
>>
>>51153297
>Well I think the idea was that you can have a buddy to go on gathering/hunting quests,
Scouts of Death.

Are you guys trolling at this point?

>>51153292
>Waaaaaaaaaaah my fanfiction
>>
>>51153313
That dude clearly has mental problems.
>>
>>51153363
Check the post right above yours, he's still going.
>>
>>51153338
So you hate fun?
Does the idea of having a nemesis who's fighting style is affected by you past choices not appeal to you?

But now that you mention it integrating it into the scouts of death system would probably be the best way of representing the more active role.
>>
>>51153402
Speaking of a related matter, what degree of interaction with previous and new expansions is Campaigns of Death likely to have?
>>
>>51153338
>Are you guys trolling at this point?
what's with the blatant disregard for discussion related to the game right now? This was a proposed idea about a companion that you groom and based upon those choices leads to a boss fight that mirrors that. Scoots of death are gear jockies - and where I AM totally excited for them, it's not at all what we're taking about.

You're the one trying to detract from the thread by babbling on about petty shit, so that makes you more of a troll than I.
>>
>>51153420

A lot, probably. The pre-made campaigns are likely going to be custom monster sets with unique story events/rewards.
>>
>>51153420
Well as far as we know it only interacts with the old expansions and it will likely primarily act as a better way to string together multiple expansions in e cohesive way rather than just slapping them onto the base timeline.
>>
>>51153363
>>51153313
Less about the not liking theory part, more about the 'KD:M is pure your autistic' part. I'll admit that shit bothers me. Just like calling people newfans. It's stupid. This isn't a union, your seniority doesn't matter and is likely imagined.

Not to mention there's like 6 anons arguing, responding to each other. I'd post my bakcer box but it seems moot.
>>
>>51153463
>Muh companions.
Sounds like a shit idea to be quite honest. And Poots already said monster husbandry would never be part of the game.

>>51153420
> degree of interaction with previous and new expansions
>new expansions
Read
The
Kickstarter
>>
>>51153510
If this >>51152048 is you then you were the first person to start calling people autists and start shouting at people for tarnishing your vision of what kingdom death should be.
>>
>>51153510
Satan Lantern Newfans aren't allowed to have opinions until they've lost their first settlement.
>>
>>51153555
Those trips are wasted on someone like you.
>>
>>51153592
>tfw completed two campaigns but never lost a settlement
Guess I don't get to have opinions then.
>>
>>51153591
It almost certainly isn't as you could tell if you spent a bit more time reading.
>>
>>51153598
>dubs and trips posting
>on /tg/
take it to /b/
>>
>>51153555
The idea was based on the fact that Percival's dog grows up to be the black Knight. So the idea isn't really monster husbandry so much as having a normal pet that becomes a monster.
>>
File: screaming god armor.jpg (128KB, 639x1793px) Image search: [Google]
screaming god armor.jpg
128KB, 639x1793px
NEW TOPIC:

What's your favorite armor set (old or new) and why isn't it Screaming God?
>>
>>51153591
Nope. Call me old fashioned, but I don't call people names and shit. Not even here. I use bro and colorful descriptions because I prefer civil talk, which is a coinflip even on KDG
>>
>>51153619
Oh sorry, it's late and my reading comprehension is a bit off.
>>
>>51153651
That's totally animal husbandry you goon. You just add "Becomes a Monster" at the end when it "starts as a monster" anyway.

And I would guess that The Black Pupper is an extremely unique case.
>>
>>51153653
but it is Screaming God.

We haven't seen the same amount of polish on the current concept arts of the new armors that is visible in the SG armor so I'm reserving my opinions on them.
>>
>>51153555
>muh

I want smug elitism to leave
>>
>>51153680
No worries dude
>>
File: tlgOLWl.jpg (759KB, 634x2693px) Image search: [Google]
tlgOLWl.jpg
759KB, 634x2693px
>>51153653
Screaming God is really nice but surely you must see the superior qualities of the Honeycomb Weaver's armour.
>>
>>51153733
Have some better ideas and it might.
>>
>>51153729
To clarify, while the black and white concept art for the new armors are a cool look into the designs of them for all intents and purpose they are still WIPs, so I'm gonna wait until I fully pass judgement. Although Honeycomb Armor looks nice.
>>
>>51153745
>superior
Lol no, but I will admit it is top tier.
>>
>>51153745
>>51153653

I want those two to duke it out

who would win?

My bet is on greatshield bro. those tusks would serve as a great polearm controller
>>
File: Reaction 940.png (311KB, 590x548px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction 940.png
311KB, 590x548px
Are we getting armor kits for our major expansions, or is it only narrative sculpts from here on out?
>>
>>51153706
Animal husbandry =/= monster husbandry.
Plus the process would be more like training up a weird survivor that eventually fights you rather than Harvest Moon.
And yes while it technically would be a monster throughout there would be nothing monstrous about it untill much later in you campaign, at which point you wouldn't be raising it anymore.

Anyway do you have an actually substantive arguments as to why it would be a bad thing from a gameplay perspective?
>>
>>51153840
Bad for flavour
>>
>>51153825
One of the earlier updates in the campaign said that new armor kits would be coming in the future, but as optional purchases and separate products. The core expansion products all have narrative sculpts.
>>
>>51153825
Adam has said that he wants to continue to do armour kits, but they were out of scope for this KS.
So I imagine they'll be separate releases in the future.
>>
>>51153810
the chick with the spear has the better chance because she doesn't have to close the distance as much

and that shield is going to be cumbersome as fuck to use to control the bee knight's polearm
>>
>>51153860
That's not much of a substantive argument now is it?
>>
>>51153840
All the animals are monster in case you didn't realize it.

> more like training up a weird survivor that eventually fights
That's literally what you do in the game already.

You literally just want a special snowflake survivor or some furry shit.

Play the game before you theory craft would be my advice.

>>51153825
Nobody knows, he said both.
>>
>>51153901
I never said it was
>>
File: silver relic armor.png (772KB, 639x2380px) Image search: [Google]
silver relic armor.png
772KB, 639x2380px
>>51153653
>>51153729

I know we haven't seen these polished up yet, but this is shaping up to be my favorite armor in the whole game.

Love Lion God's design, so happy for these two.
>>
Pledge manager fucking when.
>>
>>51153959
>Pledge manager fucking when.
>>
>>51153959
You have to wait 7 days for the people who had card problems.

Add another 7 for money transfer and because Joe is slow as fuck at doing basic jobs.

So another week and a half at the earliest.
>>
>>51153905
>That's literally what you do in the game already.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the Kings Curse and that's really nothing like what I'm suggesting here.

Also will you stop accusing everyone who disagrees with you of not having played the game? I'd like to at least have some variety in my bait.
>>
>>51153959
2 months minimum I imagine, it'll be a month at least before Poots gets the money.
>>
>>51153825
He has hinted at an Armor kit SURPRISE for us all

I was expecting it to come out during the campaign, but since it hasn't then that means he's not quite ready to reveal it yet. Here's hoping that he has a really awesome modular system that supports magnetism a little easier (if at all possible)
>>
>>51153999
>Nightmare Training etc.
To be fair you sound like someone who hasn't even seen it played.

It's not my fault you don't have a clue.
>>
>>51153999
Anyway when Poots said no monster husbandry I'm pretty sure he meant shit like no Gorm herding or Frogdog puppy farms, not a this.

Plus stripping away the whole pet idea (which is in no way special snowflake cause the black Knight civ had dogs and with people of the stars you deal with a bunch of baby sunstalkers) you must at least admit the idea of a boss encounter that's shaped by more than just you're current lantern year would be pretty cool, right?
>>
>>51154014
>>51153990
>>51153970
I mean he doesn't need the money to make the pledge manager, it's only a survey to ask what products exactly you want.
>>
>>51154030
I meant training as in taking them out on hunts to gain age, weapon proficiency and fighting arts you illeterate fuck.

And there's currently nothing that let's you fight a character you invested time in as a nemesis encounter which is what I'm primarily suggesting here.
>>
>>51154101
I meant sun not stars by the way, that was a fuckup on my part.
>>
>>51154106
It'll be a backerkit thing, so almost like a light-weight app.
The KS1 version was hand-built and was pretty fancy, definitely not just a survey.
>>
>>51154101
>the black Knight civ had dogs
Percival had a dog. Singular.
And she's already pretty snowflakey on her own.

Literally the only mention of a regular animal in the entirety of KD.

Baby Sunstalkers aren't pets. Read the end of the People of the Sun buddeh.

> boss encounter that's shaped by more than just you're current lantern year would be pretty cool, right?
Play the game.

>>51154176
>I meant training as in taking them out on hunts to gain age, weapon proficiency and fighting arts you illeterate fuck.
Yea, that's literally what you do in the game with new guys.

Well done.

>nd there's currently nothing that let's you fight a character you invested time in as a nemesis encounter which is what I'm primarily suggesting here.
New fucking fans.

Use the current Messenger system you colossal retard.
>>
>>51153941

At the same time, I wish whatever artist does these black and white mockups as a bit more creative.

Their armor designs feel less like 'I made armor with stuff I tore from a monsters corpse' and more "I used my fine arts degree to sculpt some armor that lets me cosplay as the monster we killed last week".

For something like that Flower Knight, thats a bit easier to swing. After all, pieces of its armor are legitimately things I could expect to carry away from its corpse.

But Look at that lion god armor and tell me that this is something a settlement could make themselves. Its more complex and ornate than even what The Hand wears, and that feels wrong.
>>
File: Reaction 1961.jpg (51KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction 1961.jpg
51KB, 512x512px
What happened with the interview Kickstarter did with Pootykins?
>>
>>51154329
It was all a ruse so he could get some sleep.
>>
>>51154329
Won't be released
>>
File: ledit.png (35KB, 672x210px) Image search: [Google]
ledit.png
35KB, 672x210px
This is the somethingawful goon that has childishly spent years of his life referring to the game as "Kingdom Rape" in different boardgame communities.

I want you ALL to cherish this moment with me. Drink from this eternal well of tears borne from bad people that think lying and demonizing things they don't like is the best way to deal with them.
>>
>>51154222
There's dog pelts and shit all over the black Knight expansion, clearly there were more than one, and the sunstalkers comment was in regards to keeping baby monsters in your settlement, plus having them eat everything is conceptually pretty similar to what I'm suggesting.

Also the messengers are one shot challenges against humanoid foes, not a fight against someone or something you've invested resources into to make stronger throughout the campaign (and is affected by stuff like principals in the fight) turning on you after having been your ally the rest of the way there.

In some sense it's not that different from the Sunstalkers and Dragon King campaigns but the difference here would as mentioned be its behaviour and difficulty would be affected by past choices rather, after all the bosses of the afformentioned campaigns are largely the same no matter what you do, the differences come from what you face them with. Oh and I don't think it should be a final boss but a more mid to late game nemesis that's more personal would be cool.
>>
>>51154386
>Implying Kingdom Rape: TItty Minis wouldn't sell even better.
This idiot is sitting on a god damn gold mine and he doesn't realize it.
>>
>>51154386
Is somethingawful just a more SJW version of reddit or something?
>>
Any other homebrews like Dead End? Not in terms of content, but anything else as comprehensive and functional? Interested in seeing what the community has done with the game up to this point
>>
>>51154404
>Lots of dog pelt armour from the dog knight xpac means there's dogs!
Jesus christ dude.

>Also the messengers are one shot challenges against humanoid foes, not a fight against someone or something you've invested resources into to make stronger throughout the campaign (and is affected by stuff like principals in the fight) turning on you after having been your ally the rest of the way there.
Just give him a lifecount and some (custom if you really need to) AI cards, draw from the bottom, give him his gear grid and skills. Set it up like a messenger fight, special showdown.
Give him a custom HL deck if you really want to.

For all the ideas you have you're not very creative are you.
>>
>>51154485
There was the Cursed Lovers
>>
>>51154472
It's a more foul-mouthed version of reddit, I don't think SJW comes into it, that place has been around since forever after all.
>>
>>51154596
SomethingAwful got a ridiculous infection of SJWs some years ago. It is one of the most bluepilled portions of the entire internet.
>>
>>51154518
Can you give me a quick summary of it?
>>
File: Cards.jpg (3MB, 3947x2453px) Image search: [Google]
Cards.jpg
3MB, 3947x2453px
>>51154637
>>
File: 1483918659616.jpg (54KB, 580x379px) Image search: [Google]
1483918659616.jpg
54KB, 580x379px
Wait, you do'nt get Inner Lantern and its consequences at all in People of the Sun?
>>
>>51154627
Yikes, glad I don't frequent it then, I only know it from all the references usually made about Goonfleet in EVE Online.
>>
>>51154681
Thanks!
>>
>>51154691
No, I don't think you do.
There's a fair number of changes to the available innovations in the campaign.
>>
File: 1482993197738.jpg (2MB, 3267x2505px) Image search: [Google]
1482993197738.jpg
2MB, 3267x2505px
>>51154741
>>
>>51154485
I'm trying to find that and could only find the deleted post on Plebbit. Anyone have a link to it?
>>
File: GOONS.jpg (490KB, 3693x1204px) Image search: [Google]
GOONS.jpg
490KB, 3693x1204px
>>51154472
>>51154596
>>51154627

SA is a cesspool of sjws now.
>>
>>51154859
To think without SA forums 4chins would have never seen the light...
>>
File: inevitable bio pic Poots.jpg (52KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
inevitable bio pic Poots.jpg
52KB, 800x430px
>>51154329
there was some interview link that was posted in the comments on KS

it basically went like this:

>>SO POOTS CONGRATS
>YEP
>>CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT LANTERN FES-
>NO COMMENT
>>HOW ABOUT RINGTAIL, THERE'S SOME CONFUSION ABOUT IT
>OH THATS EASY. WE DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME.
>>ANY OTHER COMMENTS?
>I WISH I COULD DIE AND NO ONE WOULD FIND THE BODY!!!

It was a special kind of phoned-in, I bet the KS one isn't much better... More dick sucking, on both sides probably.
>>
File: Reaction 1827.gif (13KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction 1827.gif
13KB, 600x450px
>>51154859
>Titties is the only explanation for that success.
>>
File: TheDeadEnd(1).pdf (1B, 486x500px)
TheDeadEnd(1).pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51154829
Here, anon.
>>
>>51154923
Can you imagine being so out of touch with humanity that you seriously think people buy a expensive-ass boardgame just for breasts? It's crazy.
>>
>>51154952
But anon, when you read the threads its clear that it is a swingy grindy slog
>>
>>51154859
WTF, no seriously, What the ever-loving Fuck!
That is definitely not the foul-mouthed hive of Scum and Villainy that I remember...

>>51154923
That post genuinely made me laugh, I mean, yes sex sells, but no the game can't be good, it's only because of boobs that this incredibly expensive and well-made product sells like gangbusters...
>>
File: Reaction 943.png (116KB, 388x355px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction 943.png
116KB, 388x355px
>>51154952
Especially when the MOTHERFUCKING GOBLIN DRAGON DROPPED! Holy shit, who would EVER want to own that beast?
>>
>>51155067
Not any of the tittygroping scatgobblers in the fanbase.
>>
>>51155102
I wonder why that guy brought up poop eating.

Did he read the special DBK hunt or something?
>>
>>51155133
You'd think so, or he's letting his own fetishes shine through in his triggered-ness.
>>
>>51149005
It's actually a pretty relaxed campaign compared to the base campaign, no nemesis encounters for 20 years means you can take your own pace and you don't need to rush specific innovations for certain nemesis encounters.

The intimacy table is pretty easy to get around if you wait until you have a pair of purified survivors before trying. Have these two do the nasty constantly and you'll be to have a large enough population to take full advantage of Farming or the Vespertine Bow pretty quick. Save all of your love juice until late game so a giant birthing orgy to mass produce life strings. Use these to create 1 or 2 uber-solders capable of soloing lvl 2 monsters. I don't have the character sheet nearby but we had one that could spend unlimited survival (and then generated survival with rawhide set) that had +1X strength total due to prismatic and a secret fighting art from the burning shrine. It takes a few lantern years advance planning to make one of these survivors as it takes some manipulation of events.

No heavy gear is a pain and will require a lot of rethinking of some favorite builds. Katana mastery is shit.

Biggest change is that you can't surge (Need a specific fighting art) or encourage. You can spend a survival give yourself a +1 strength token and then (later or same turn) spend that +1 strength token and another survival to give any of your attacks devastating. So a fun combo with your above super survivor is to move up, charge up, Attack, Surge, give all your attacks devestating, then attack again, all for the low cost of +2 survival. But no encourage actions means that you'll need to get nice and friendly with ground. I haven't played in a small while so I may have gotten some details wrong.

The settlement worships sun stalkers so it's a little weird to be hunting them. You could do something like the settlement kills the sunstalkers to harvest their eggs and then raise them in the settlement to justify hunting them.
>>
>>51154859
is there a link to the source? I can't find the search option in their forum
>>
>>51155195
It's the last few pages of the kickstarter thread in the traditional games forum
>>
>>51155133
sa is obsessed with poop.
>>
>>51154915
>>>ANY OTHER COMMENTS?
>>I WISH I COULD DIE AND NO ONE WOULD FIND THE BODY!!!

What a terrible thing to say

Do you think he's hurting on the inside?
>>
>>51149607
>reddit taste
>>
>>51155180
To clarify the combo and fix my shitty wording, you only attack twice, once with +1STR and the other with devastating. You need the brining shrine, and sun eater fighting arts, both of which can be placed on specific survivors with a little bit of prep.

The buffs to survival of the fittest will make getting super survivors a lot more consistent when 1.5 comes out as you can re-roll the umbilical symbiosis roll
>>
>>51155180
>>51155318
Thank you anon, that's really helpful and that sounds fun af. I'll be doing just that, the idea of fish-obsessed people is so appealing to me.

I'm playing in TTS so I've already applied the effects of SoTF to this.
>>
A bunch of people in the FB group are saying Poots won't allow pledge-bumping in the pledge manager. What's the general consensus right now? Are the FBfags wrong?
>>
>>51154386
Do you want to know the saddest part of that mess? I'm pretty sure that Jedit was also Jedit on the WotC official forums, back when such things existed. He posted D&D side and way, WAY back, like in 2004? I respected his opinion. And not just because I wasn't out of High School, but because when he talked D&D or M:tG theory he actually had well-reasoned, intelligent things to say. But then the 3e-4e Edition Wars hit and... dude just sort of entered some kind of spiral. I don't know if the Edition Wars literally drove him insane or if he had progressive mental issues that shit brought to the surface, but even after it ended (as much as it ever did) he was a surly, erratic fuck with way spottier activity and a way more sour disposition. Stopped really paying attention to him after that and I think he fell off the face of that corner of the internet somewhere in the Next playtests.

I guess it's only gotten worse if he's busy going on a delusional one man crusade against a game he's clearly given no more than surface attention to while devoting so much of his time to it. It's like I'm watching the Don Quixote of board gaming slip into senility and go tilting at windmills with no Sancho Panza to keep him in check.
>>
>>51148959
Dark souls because, why wouldn't you? And mythic battles pantheon for sheer number of greek mythology minis. Perfect for my game based on a similar era.
And kabuki's death dealer so I can have that badass model.
>>
>>51155385
Nobody knows
>>
>>51155415
I know that. I was asking what the general consensus is.
>>
>>51155389
He is. He is the faggot that wrote some magic the gathering shit based on the book of five rings.
>>
Better thicken up that skin, kiddeez, otherwise, you are going to fucking hate this game.

>precious snowflakes

Fuck off
>>
>>51155429
The general consensus is noone knows.

Also
>facebook
The one KD group I found on there is pretty cringe worthy and the people obviously post here as well.
>>
>>51155519
Dude... who are you talking to? I think most of the people in /kdg/ now that the KS is over are veterans Of TTS if nothing else
>>
How the dick does the lonely tree work? You add it as a terrain card then have a special showdown after the fight, or something?
>>
Dung Beetle Knight or Lion Knight?
>>
>>51155813
both
>>
>>51155796
>Terrain Card and "basic" hunt event that autospawns it get added
>Eventually, you do a showdown with the terrain
>If you do well, you get a special prize item
>Prize item lets you pay to go on the wild ride of actually fighting the Tree showdown.
>>
>>51155505
>wrote some magic the gathering shit based on the book of five rings
Sounds fucking stupid. Something tells me that was after I stopped treating his posts as things that might be worthwhile.
>>
>>51155796
The Terrain Card shows up in a fight, either because you drew it naturally or because of the hunt event card that guarantees its appearance. In that fight with that Terrain Card, there will be some quantity of fruits laying around that the monster (whatever it is) will try to eat. If you end the fight and there are fruits left over, you get a Nightmare Fruit as a reward. In the Settlement Phase you can then eat the Nightmare Fruit to trigger a special showdown with the proper Lonely Tree fight.
>>
>>51155864
>>51155844
I know people shit on it, but that sound incredibly flavorful

what's the payout for beating it?
>>
>>51153613
Dude, really? Whatever your opinions are, I want em.

unless it's "read the monster cards before the fight"
>>
>>51155830
If you had to pick one, though, which is more enjoyable?
>>
>>51155913

Lion Knight is more enjoyable because it's such an insane fight concept

Dung beetle because EVERYONE sucks on the dung cock -- for a reason mind you
>>
>>51155896
So it's not bad in terms of design -- it works quite well at what it's supposed to do. The problem with it is that it's too uncommon to really matter. $40 could get you an expansion that drastically changes your expansion -- or it could get you the Lonely Tree which you see as a terrain card once a campaign and as a fight maybe once every two. It's just too sparse on effect for its price tag.
>>
>>51154513
It means there WERE dogs
>>
>>51155912
My opinions on winning campaigns are:

1. It's better to be lucky than good,
and,
2. The new Survival of the Fittest is overpowered as shit

Also in hindsight I have failed a prologue hunt once due to Fuzzy Groin Crit. Didn't lose the settlement because no settlement had been founded yet, but... counts I guess?
>>
>>51155896
>what's the payout for beating it?
Shit... IIRC (and it's been a while since I played the thing) if you beat it with any fruit left, you can get stat boost fruit which is kinda OK, but low/now resources. And it costs you a population to initiate the fight.
>>
>>51155998
You also get a rare resource that can be consumed to give one survivor some really weird and neat buffs.

Plus it's a special showdown, of course the rewards aren't terribly high -- it doesn't consume a year.
>>
>>51156026
Long story short... is it a terrible thing you shouldn't include in your campaign? No. But it's certainly not worth full price compared to literally any other expansion. I added on for a physical copy for my KS 2 so despite warning about it, I clearly like it well enough.
>>
>>51156065
well I'm a satan's plebian so... I will own it, despite cautionary claims that it isn't worth the money

I'm stoked to try it out, truly. I also love the model, it's reall gorgeous.
>>
>>51155207
holy fuck what is going on in there? I know every board has its own culture, but what I've seen thus far is a goddamn cringefest
>>
>>51156152
Hey, given the massive discount of Satan you can count it a freebie, and it is a pretty cool model, as you say. Next time I add it into a campaign, I'll throw in Fade and Percival as well for "basic" Hunt Event fun times.
>>
>>51156152
I suspect that it's probably a pretty good inclusion in every campaign DESU. It's just a nice, low-impact expansion that shows up and then you maybe have a cool time.

>>51156199
Encounters also work off the same mechanic, getting introduced by hunt event cards. Should be cool once the GC and new expansions hit.
>>
File: phoenix_lr2.jpg (917KB, 1188x668px) Image search: [Google]
phoenix_lr2.jpg
917KB, 1188x668px
>>51148605
>Anna's favorite model is the Phoenix

Does she have good taste, bros?
>>
>>51156183
ah I get it now. non members get word filters for rape, fuck and shit
>>
>>51156246
yes
>>
>>51156246
the Gryphon is Phoenix 2.0, so I wonder if she's changed her opinion.
>>
>>51156356
damn that looks good
>>
>>51156356
Not directly related to your post, but one thing to note is that the Gryphon is actually node 4 while the Phoenix, Dragon King and Sunstalker are all confirmed as node 3. So the Gryphon is probably closer to the Lion God and Dung Beetle Knight in terms of difficulty.
>>
>>51153047
He's definitely gonna be in wave 3 of expansions, this kickstarter was almost all about abyssal woods and inverted mountain.
>>
>>51156410
So where would you like the next set of expansions to cover?

I'd like to see what it's like in the more 'civilized' places.
>>
>>51153653
Sunstalker set has always been my favorite of the old sets, Black knight sets are my favorites from the new ones.
>>
>>51156439
I want to see one where the White Knights come into play
>>
>>51156439
Rust Ocean and Holy Lands are teased. Can I say whatever gets us Ringtail Fox?

Rust Ocean sounds like something fun between introing the Architects and potentially giving us some aquatic stylings.

Maybe save holy lands for KD:L
>>
>>51156439
Yeah, I think pretty much everyone wants to see a Great City expansion.
>>
File: tFDAa14.jpg (54KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
tFDAa14.jpg
54KB, 900x600px
>>51156478
Me three
>>
>>51156504

I feel like we already missed our chance for Ringtail Fox, as sad as that is.

Don't believe me? Well, what do we know about the fox?

You lived in tunnels beneath a swamp.

Adam has been pretty good about not repeating biomes unnecessarily. And we already have a swamp: at the base of the inverted mountain where the frogdog lives.

The same inverted mountain that has multiple creatures that live in tunnels, and other cave based encounters like the Pariah.

I'm pretty sure that we got Gryphon, and the people of the nest, INSTEAD of Ringtail Fox and the people of the swamp. There is just too much overlap thematically for Inverted Mountain, People of the Swamp and People of the Nest to all be a thing. Their locations are all right on top of each other.
>>
File: 11.png (2MB, 639x4787px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
2MB, 639x4787px
>>51155781
I didn't ask you to think, faggit.
This thread is filled with a lot of sensitive normies. Probably the same faggots house ruling the game over at SA.
>>
>>51156651
>@Ringtailfox Fans, I jokingly promised Anna that I wouldn't put up the Ringtail Fox Set, unless we hit $13M. Don't worry, I am super excited to create it. It just won't be part of this Kickstarter Campaign. It's scope got so big, It would end up being its own core game!
>>
>>51156717
it slays me they showed a real male penis on KS and no one batted an eye
>>
>>51156717
How're they houseruling it?
>>
>>51156823
Two quarries per LY.
Rerolls for "bullshit" events.
No trap cards.
>>
>>51156651
Your theories are stupid.
And you're a newfan who doesn't read poots comments.

>>51156728
>>
>>51150814
>>51151015
>>51150787
Oh sorry, i thought you meant the pc game, i know nothing about the board game.
>>
File: IMG_20170111_213620.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170111_213620.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Spidicules WIP
>>
>>51157295
Colors are delicate and well blended
Dem mold lines
>>
So how do you get into this?
>>
>>51157373
Play the game?
>>
>>51157373
What do you think you listless nerd, you buy the game or you pledge and wait for it.
Alternatively you get it on Tabletop Simulator.
>>
>>51157318
Yeah, I'm gonna need to fill them in. I started painting completely forgetting about the gaps and shit
>>
>>51157373
Fuck off if you can't even Google something before shitposting here. Seriously hate people like you
>>
>>51157295
I love the dust on it, it makes it look hairy.
>>
>>51157318
basically what this guy said

8/10 if you can seal the gaps it'll shoot up to 9

are you leaving the nakid lady off?
>>
>>51157399
>>51157390
>>51157382
Jeez. Fun crowd you guys are. The Kickstarter I saw showed delivery in 2020 and I didn't see any sort of core starter set anywhere else. If you don't want people to ask questions, putting some links in the OP would be a good idea.
>>
>>51157508
You're new here, aren't you
>>
>>51157508
Come on, man. Just fucking Google it. Seriously. It would save both of us time.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 171x295px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 171x295px
>>51157508
Or, you know, you could just fucking google that shit.
>>
>>51157508
Google it, or actually read the kickstarter.
>>
>>51157537
fuck is that, an ammo slave for ants?
>>
>>51157585
lonely ants
>>
File: SS.jpg (9KB, 262x396px) Image search: [Google]
SS.jpg
9KB, 262x396px
>>51157585
Yah. You got better?
>>
File: zAmmoSlave.jpg (50KB, 418x720px) Image search: [Google]
zAmmoSlave.jpg
50KB, 418x720px
>>51157585
Seems like it. Here's a real one unless something is buggered up on my end.
>>
>>51157483
>Nakid lady
Nah, she's just off the shot. She's also pretty rough right now. I only just started painting (quick airbrushing and started painting spidi's facehead
>>
OK, here's a thought experiment: The default settlement record sheet ends at LY 40. How best to get there?

Strategy 1: Exhausted Lantern Hoard
Kill the watcher as normal and be powerful as fuck to deal with the eternally scaling monsters. You'll have to suck up at least 15 of them, 20 if you fight the Watcher ASAP.

Strategy 2: Sacrifices. Use Collective Toil, Protect the Young, Graves, and getting as many matchmakers as humanly possible to continually push the Watcher back by offerings of blood and death. Farm Flower Knight with Barbaric/Ultimate Weapon to get even more pop from Warbling Blooms. Theorycraft/sim on managing sacrifice stability?
>>
>>51149465
>that stuffed badger

Are hey aware of their own brilliance? I wonder.
>>
File: IMG_1037.jpg (141KB, 639x1003px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1037.jpg
141KB, 639x1003px
So I'm laying out some groundwork for the next version of the TTS Mod.

I'm gonna be making two versions. One is a very bare bones mod, just the cards sorted into their various decks and such, and is there for other misdeed to tear apart and use to make their own mods. Cards will be presented in it exactly as in the physical game. So this question will not affect that mod AT ALL.

The other one is going to have tweaks to make the game mechanically the same but handle organization a bit smoother (in my own opinion of course). For example, there will be a "Special Innovation" deck for the various innovations that can't be innovated, but are given through various events (Language, Guidepost, Legless Ball, Final Fighting Art, etc) much like Rare Gear, Strange Resources, and Secret Fighting Arts, and will have a blue back.

I also wanted to consolidate the gear cards into just Normal Gear (Black back), Rare Gear (Gold back), and Promo Gear (Blue back). So the normal gear would all have the same card back, instead of crafting location based cardbacks, and the Founding Stone and Cloth gear would change from Starting Gear to Rare Gear. The issue I'm running into is with promo gear. Specifically the craftable promo gear. These have recipes on the backs of the card, which are kind of important because you can't exactly get the recipe elsewhere.

So the way I see it, I have two options.

>Option 1
Give every piece of promo gear the same generic blue back, and have a "promo location" with the recipes listed on it if it could be crafted. Possibly also list gear that can't be crafted, but not have a recipe, just to document that it "belongs" to that location?

>Option 2
Say fuck it, and go fully in the opposite direction, and remove the promo back entirely, giving everything without a crafting recipe the Rare Gear back (including promos), and everything with a crafting recipe a custom back that lists how to craft it.

Which would people prefer?
>>
File: (You).gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
(You).gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>51158209
Take it and leave.
>>
>>51158228
agreed
also we need a new thread, autosage is engaged
>>
>>51158209
Option 1 makes more sense. Isn't the whole point to make less work?

>>51158228
>(You)
I don't think that means what you think that means.
>>
There's no way to resurrect characters in this game, right? Like dead is dead?
>>
>>51158419
There's a hunt event
>>
>>51158419
Sleeping Virus Flower.
>>
>>51158490
>>51158490
>>51158490
New thread
>>
>>51158419
Sleeping Virus Flower, Hunter's Heart, and a hunt event. Also if you die versus phoenix there's a chance that SOMEBODY comes back.
>>
>>51158282
Option 1 is less work in the short term, but more work each time a new promo comes out.

Option 2 is more work in the short term, but I can drop promos in pretty quickly.

It's less about the amount of work put in, and more about which would be easier for people using the mod.

I am currently leaning toward option 1, just because it seems to fit better with how people tend to play, since people only really seem to look over the gear after deciding what to craft.

The fewer number of cardbacks should also speed up loading times.
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.