[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 427
Thread images: 79

File: 1459676445685.jpg (173KB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
1459676445685.jpg
173KB, 900x636px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Sleepy Hamlet Edition: Smoky taverns, cobblestones lit by lampposts, the fresh smell of herbs and grass in the air... Tell us about the times you've gotten small-town comfy in a campaign! (Bonus if you describe your village for Molthune Knights!)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest 1:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing
Spheres of Might preview: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/

Old Thread: >>51121729
>>
>>51128711
Why not more succubi rather than kitsune?
>>
>>51128711
I don't.

Small towns exist only to be raided by monsters, retirement for old adventurers, or sealing eldritch evils.
>>
>>51128752
Cities are where it's at.
>>
>>51128711
> Not a qt kitsune in the OP
>>
>>51128599
>>Because it says "kick" in the name it HAS to be a flying kick
>>This is despite the fact it's a Broken Blade maneuver and can thus mean any Monk or Close weapon, including "lunging in or out with a gauntleted fist", "backstepping after a quarterstaff smack", or "running-smash with a shield bash".
I only got involved in the conversation when someone asked "would a flying kick in the discworld break immersion" and the answer was "no, but the person doing the flying kick would also probably get punched in the nads".
>>
>>51128777
Fuck yes. I'm working on a detective campaign set in Magnimar as we speak. It helps that there's a lot of nondescript buildings that I can stick stuff in.
>>
And here are the other SoP paytests:

Creation Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
Dark Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
Mind Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing
Time Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xrcVb8f4isNrnf0c4A-ek9AmU8UD9nNULJF5v6dRwNM/edit?usp=sharing
War Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wKYQDiexOl7efIFLp_1nfJIlj9ky04senq8l6WbweQk/edit?usp=sharing

Gear of Power Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Handbook: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Tables: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing

Though there hasn't been a lot of change, lately, except in mind and war.
>>
File: My Man!.gif (874KB, 273x415px) Image search: [Google]
My Man!.gif
874KB, 273x415px
>>51128693
>What makes a backstory good in your opinion?

It sells a sensation more than a story. I want to *feel* your character, I want to get *invested* in the emotions their backstory elicits from me. When I finish reading your character's background, I want to want more.

>but I'm having the fiercest case of writers block/self consciousness. Everything I write either turns out to be too long, too bland, or too generic.

Ooh boy, here's my advice brother; first things first, figure out one or two mad zinger sentences to get your story going. Doesn't have to be directly related to the character, but it should set the stage - like, if I was making a Thuvian for the Dragons campaign, it would be something that sets the tone for Thuvia as a nation and suggests what caused my character's downfall.

Speaking of downfall, the best backstories come in 3-4 paragraphs, with each paragraph telling a particular part of the backstory.
>>
File: 1446146785630.jpg (52KB, 360x400px) Image search: [Google]
1446146785630.jpg
52KB, 360x400px
>>51128899

>First paragraph sets the stage for the character; who are they, where are they from, what if anything happened in their childhood? Set the tone and show us the road they're going down
>Second paragraph (Good) is the character's Rise to Power; this is when things are going up for them, when their job is advancing, they're making connections, they can see light at the end of the tunnel. Things are good and getting better here... But then you hint at the Thing that causes their Downfall.
>Second paragraph (Bad) is the character's Tribulations; this is when things are rough, when their job is stagnating, they're being abused, things just seem to be getting darker. Things are bad and seem to be staying bad... But then you hint at the Thing that causes their Rise.
>Third Paragraph (Good and Bad) this is the apex or nadir of the character, when they're at the top or bottom of their game. This is when you introduce the Thing that causes them to lose face or gain it, when the character topples to their knees or rises to the occasion. A gutter rat saving an orphan they know from the predations of a nobleman's son, or a successful warrior losing the one they love, or maybe a woman getting pregnant at just the wrong time in their career.
>Fourth Paragraph is when the character, after sufficient time wallowing in misery or struggling to adapt to their newfound fortunes, comes across the plot hook for the Campaign as a chance to redeem themselves or solidify their fortunes. This would be when a character finds reason to visit the Swallowtail Festival, or can finally afford a quiet house in the sleepy village of Sandpoint. The last three paragraphs gives us the character's story and their personal struggles, the fourth paragraph slides that character into Book 1 of an AP.
>>
File: 1482024662907.jpg (45KB, 600x726px) Image search: [Google]
1482024662907.jpg
45KB, 600x726px
>>51128899
>first things first, figure out one or two mad zinger sentences to get your story going. Doesn't have to be directly related to the character, but it should set the stage - like, if I was making a Thuvian for the Dragons campaign, it would be something that sets the tone for Thuvia as a nation and suggests what caused my character's downfall.

Fuuuuuuck, and here's me forgetting to add the rest of my advice to this little bit of info.

After figuring out the mad zingers, you should spend most of the day *not thinking* about the character. Chewing on that bone will wear your creative teeth out, we need those things sharp for crunch time! Enjoy yourself, and come nightfall get a sippy of your favorite intoxicating beverage, get a good buzz going, slip on some music that helps elicit the emotions you're trying to sell me, and get to work on that character!

Bonus: Spend the day before this reading backstories you like, getting vibes on what they're doing and shamelessly copying that for your character. Also (very important!) Steal an application format you like and fill in all the stuff you already know, saving the Backstory and Quick Facts segments for the night I talked about before.
>>
>>51128963
>inb4 half a dozen people suddenly edit their applications to follow this formula
>>
>>51129042
I've gotta say, I'm pretty confident in mine. That said, I might bother criticismAnon for a bit of his time later, to know what the strengths and weaknesses of my style are.
>>
>>51129042
>Implying I care about my applications after submitting.
That's a quick way to be disappointed when the games all get canceled.
>>
File: it begins.gif (982KB, 320x190px) Image search: [Google]
it begins.gif
982KB, 320x190px
>>51128963
>mfw my dragons character is basically this without even meaning to be
>>
>>51128711
>Bonus if you describe your village for Molthune Knights!
I was thinking about this earlier actually.

I'd like Adalbern's village to be a nice little fishing village on a hill on the far western shore of Lake Encarthan, harvesting lumber from the far southern Fangwood near the border with Nirmathas.

The problem may be that the village would be practically within spitting distance of Tamran, and that seems like it would detract from the comfy slightly with the possible tension of being there.
>>
>>51128963
>Second paragraph (Bad)
Do you mean bad as in bad writing or bad as in negative?
>>
>>51129042

It's not exactly a perfect formula, and YMMV depending on how much you may or may not write.

But the First and Fourth paragraphs absolutely need to be in there; the moment you establish a tone is the moment you get someone invested to some degree in the backstory, even if it isn't a particularly exemplary example of writing.

And when you've got the reader invested? Cue Paragraph 4, cue the character clicking into the campaign hook, and cue the DM finishing your app and seeing you've seamlessly put a fleshed out character into Session 1 without any finagling on his part.

>>51129140

Bad as in "negative." I'm kind of writing this from stream of consciousness based on my experiences with writing applications on Myth-Weavers.
>>
>>51129042
>Fucking with my app this late in the game

I'm locked down my man, warts and all I'd rather stick with it than agonize over class combos and backstory shit more than I already have.
>>
>>51129140
>>51129217
>>51129103
>>51129042
>>51128963

(Last post about this unless someone asks a question, I don't want to fill up the thread!)

An excellent example of this backstory structure that really, really works is Osanna Verona from Rise of the Runelords.
>>
>>51129291
Would you be willing to look at some of the other games' applications?
>>
>level 4 elderly half-elf alchemist (mindchemist) 1/wizard 3
>deific obedience Irori
>visualization of the mind
>breadth of experience
>+29 (31 with cognatogen) to all knowledge skills at level 4

So at a minimum check of 30 for all knowledge skills how does one represent this character?

We know he is an elderly Half-elf alchemist/wizard. So an old academic would make sense?

How would one represent from a "how others talk about him" standpoint for how knowledgeable he is.
>>
File: 09 - miIqWEq.png (51KB, 329x272px) Image search: [Google]
09 - miIqWEq.png
51KB, 329x272px
So this is the state of my current game:
>players are part of a mercenary company, the Crow Men
>the mercenary company is 1200 strong
>the 1200 are divided into four battalions of 300 strong
>one of my players naturally gravitated towards Major of one of these four battalions
>two of the players are lieutenants under him
>two more are sergeants under one of the lieutenants

>the players are 1 of 4 (for being a controlling factor behind one battalion) and report to a colonel and his second in command.

So, is this enough control over their situation? Only one of the players really has a ton of sway over the company as a whole as the upper echelon of the company is made up of:
>1 colonel
>1 lieutenant colonel
>4 majors

Also is 1200 a good size for a mercenary company? They are meant to have been down on their luck and spend two years inside of a city slowly starving to death in a siege, so their numbers have dwindled further. For reference The White Company, a famous Italian mercenary company, was some 4-5k strong.
>>
>>51128711
What's an application you keep coming back to to check on? Is there anybody you keep checking over, even because you're annoyed by them?
>>
>>51128963
>This would be when a character finds reason to visit the Swallowtail Festival
What if my dudes a native. It's kinda hard to find a reason beyond, "shit man everything else is probably going to be closed until after this over anyway."
>>
>>51128963
>Mfw tried to make a noblebright character
>She didn't actually have any conflict growing up, her story is just starting
I just gotta believe in the me of yesterday. I gotta believe that she came out well.
>>
Posting again cause I didn't get answer in last thread:

Is it worth it to take Battle Scout on a Ranger? Gives up favored enemy which I'm fairly loathe to do but I also can't predict what enemies there might be in Molthune (except humans) and it fits thematically.

Specifically for the Molthune game. I can only really imagine three areas in molthune...forest, plains, and mountains
>>
>>51129506
Well there are extremes on both sides. DHB is probably the extreme for negative in RotJR. Both of his characters had really shit lives. One is running away from a previous shit life, the other was just abused as a kid.
>>
>>51129495
>What if my dudes a native.

Maybe they think the Swallowtail Festival is the right time to do something, maybe sell their wares or check out the foreign hotties?
>>
>>51129541
Favored enemy is pretty shitty, though?
>>
>>51129566
There's a spell that lets you treat any enemy as favored enemy, though.
>>
>>51129541
>Battle Scout
So a thing to combine this with would be Horizon Walker.

At later levels Horizon Walkers treat enemies in any terrain they have mastered as Favored Enemies. If you're going to be a ranger messing around with Favored Terrains (and giving up favored enemy), you may as well.

So:
>Battle Scout 5
>Horizon Walker 10
Easy peasy

>Specifically for the Molthune game. I can only really imagine three areas in molthune...forest, plains, and mountains
Don't forget Urban and Water. We're on the shores of a lake and do in fact live in cities.
>>
>>51129506

A noblebright character should have conflict, even if it's something as simple as, "she needs to find the right kind of flower to give to that cute boy" or "she just got anointed as a knight, she's so excited! She's going to the Swallowtail Festival to spend some time celebrating!"
>>
>>51129543
Well, you see, the thing is the DM has already read my app so I don't think I can actually change it.

But the backstory probably would be stronger if I included an anti-paladin that tried to kill Marduk, adding another injury to him and prompting the move to the Demesne. Giving her a personal reason to see what sacrifices he's been making for her and motivating her to get him his immortality
>>
>>51129600
I thought we'd own territory in the plains, didn't figure we'd be too close to cities. Hmm. (Mine is the most recent submission, just added sheet link I'm currently working on)
>>
>>51129687
I'd rate priority as Plains > Forest > Urban > Mountain > Water
>>
I want to throw a giant message into the sky for everyone to read

How do I make this happen?
>>
>>51129783
How do you make what happen?
>>
>>51129763
That's pretty much the order I was gonna prioritize them yeah
>>
>>51129792
Was my post confusing or something?
>>
>>51129783
>get someone who can fly
>release some kind of alchemical smoke/gas as you go
>SURRENDER DOROTHY
>>
Was thinking about making a Sohei/Luring Cavalier, anyone have any experience with something similar? Should I go Strength and use composite bows or Dex? Or is this a terrible idea and I'm wasting my time?
>>
>>51129826
A little. It sounds like you're giant message is either an in character thing or you're trying to address /pfg/ at large.
>>
>>51129792
He wants to write a giant message in the sky like we sometimes do IRL with those planes that makes clouds.

As for how you'd do this, unless there's a cloudshaping spell or alchemical brew you're either going to have to go the plane route like >>51129835 suggests or you're going to have to devise a new spell altogether. I'd make it a level 1, personally.
>>
>>51129624
well, there's conflict now

I went and gave myself an antagonist

Which hopefully Dragon DM is fine with using as an enemy and stuff. Apparently I don't know how to make a character without also making the NPCs around them.
>>
>>51129783
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/mirage-arcana

Mirage Arcana covers a 20ft cube per level. So a Sorcerer with Bloatmage Initiate, Spell Specialization, Spell Tattoo, Spell Perfection, that one lunar crown (you gotta do this during the full moon), Outlander, Death Knell, Gifted Adept, Orange Ioun Stone, Greater Prayer Beads.

This gives you a CL 38 Mirage Arcana. Meaning 38 20ft cubes you cover.

Big enough?
>>
I need help /pfg/. I keep wanting to have a really edgy campaign where the PCs are Metal Gear Rising-tier edgy warmongers.

Would there be interest in this?
>>
>>51129488
Any help?
>>
>>51129964
I'd play it. I want to inherent the will of the boss.
>>
>>51129964
An edgy, evil, ultra-violent campaign? Sounds like fun.
>>
>>51129964

I want to give war a chance!
>>
File: REDSUN.jpg (33KB, 600x639px) Image search: [Google]
REDSUN.jpg
33KB, 600x639px
>>51129964
Let's give war a chance!
>>
File: lich queen jaina.jpg (162KB, 718x948px) Image search: [Google]
lich queen jaina.jpg
162KB, 718x948px
>>51129964
Maybe.

THE JUSTICE OF THE GRAVE

AND THE TRUE MEANING OF FEAR
>>
I'm interested in playing a bard due to them being akin to lightly magical rogues, but don't really have any interest in the musical side of things. What are some unintrusive instruments or alternatives to music I could use?
>>
>>51130248
Really, bards don't Need to sing.
It just needs to be a perform skill like: Oratory, Dance, Act, Comady, ect.

If you're going a more Rogue ish path, go with Comady so you can be a wise cracking bad ass.
>>
>>51130248
Perform (Oratory), Perform (Comedy), or be an Archaeologist Bard since that gives you some rogue class features and removes the performance aspect entirely.
>>
>>51129964
>>51129964
You'd need new rules on breaking equipment
>>
>>51130429
Could just give everyone free Improved Sunder.
>>
>>51130429
What?
>>
>>51130595
Did you... not play MGR:R?
>>
>>51129972
>>51129488
pls
>>
>>51130667
I did, but the idea of breaking loot still seems like heresy.
>>
>>51130823
Wasn't the thing about the game's mechanic that you either got loot automatically or got it specifically by breaking enemy gear/slicing off enemy hands?

Maybe work in some easy, cheap, or free way to re-forge any enemy weapons you've broken.
>>
>>51129566
It depends on your builds. There are spells that let you designate any enemy as your favored enemy as a swift action, in which case it becomes one of the better attack boosters available. If anon already knows there will a large number of human enemies, that also makes it more viable.
>>
A friend of mine wants to play a Synthesist in a potentially lewd solo game I'm gonna run for him- he says he'll let me be Gestalt. We're gonna be highly powerful, of course, but I've never played with or against a Synthesist before. What challenges should I throw at him? Is there anything I should look out for?
>>
>>51130887
>Wasn't the thing about the game's mechanic that you either got loot automatically or got it specifically by breaking enemy gear/slicing off enemy hands?
You got loot by slicing off enemy hands, or killing people then having their stuff analysed in a lab and replicated.
>>
>>51130937
Sorry, should have mentioned also that we're running off-and-on i.e he runs one week, I run the next week etc. My bad, makes a lot more sense with that added on.
>>
>>51130788

We really don't know what to tell you beyond "yes, that's enough control" because really, the concept of Majors and Corporals wasn't really a thing back then.

You had footmen, sergeants, captains, lieutenants and generals. That's about it.
>>
File: Sun Mr. Freeze.png (204KB, 1047x788px) Image search: [Google]
Sun Mr. Freeze.png
204KB, 1047x788px
>tfw natural attcker gains access to PoW
>tfw Chimera Soul mostly adds redundant attacks and Broken Blade/Primal Fury are on the chopping block

All I wanted to do was rip and tear
>>
What are the best classes for a beginner to Pathfinder?
>>
>>51131024
Paladin, easy to build, easy to RP, and difficult to jack up.
>>
>>51131024

Slayer, Ranger and Bard, in those orders.

Slayer is the ultimate beginner's class; it has a forgiving list of skills and skill points, can be built many different ways, and Studied Target introduces players to unique mechanics.
>>
>>51131024
Slayer. Easy to build, flexible, and effective.
>>
>>51131024
Inquisitor is a fairly good entry point.

It casts spells, it does skills, it has utility, it can hit things.
>>
>>51130948
"back then" isn't really what I'm worried about. I'm using modern military terms simply to help describe the units sizes. I would be more historically accurate if I was going for a historical game. I originally considered entirely unique names but decided on modern terms because it's easier for players to understand.
>>
File: monsoon1.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
monsoon1.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
>>51130052
>>51130053
Warmind
>>
>>51131137
I would encourage a 3/4 BAB, 2/3 caster type character for a beginning player as well. It gives them a chance to play with all the systems core Pathfinder has on offer, without being too reliant on any one of them. Playing a non-caster can give you a stilted view of the game and maybe even be downright discouraging, not to mention that it means there is a whole chunk of Pathfinder that the player still doesn't know how to interact with.
>>
I've been thinking of trying something new, because I usually play sorcerers and alchemists, and I've been thinking of trying out a Psywar. Is it any good, and does anyone have any advice on how to build one?
>>
File: Zabaniya_heartbeat.png (43KB, 180x192px) Image search: [Google]
Zabaniya_heartbeat.png
43KB, 180x192px
Is there a class that will let me do one of the following:
>seal an evil spirit/outsider in a body part
>give me a single evil arm
>lets me remove an arm and replace it with an evil one

I want an ability similar to Zabaniya: Delusional Heartbeat, an ability possessed by True Assassin in Fate/Stay Night.

>http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Zabaniya:_Delusional_Heartbeat#Delusional_Heartbeat
>>
What's your favorite adventure path?
Looking for something to run for a group of semi-new players.
>>
>>51131455
>copying F/SN
Apply yourself.

But yes. Fiendbound Marauder Warder.

>>51131479
Iron Gods. If they're new you might want Rise of the Runelords, which is also good.
>>
>>51131479
APs I have played:
>Rise of the Runelords
>Curse of the Crimson Throne
>Second Darkness
>Council of Thieves
>Kingmaker
>Carrion Crown
>Jade Regent
>Skull and Shackles
>Shattered Star
>Reign of Winter
>Wrath of the Righteous
>Iron Gods
>Giant Slayer
>Hell's Rebels
>Hell's Vengeance

I played them nearly in order so it's been a long time since I played some, but if I had to rate my top 5 in terms of story it'd be:

>Iron Gods
>Curse of the Crimson Throne
>Reign of Winter
>Shattered Star
>Council of Thieves

And the 5 worst written:
>Giant Slayer
>Skull & Shackles
>King Maker
>Carrion Crown
>Hell's Rebels

Strengths of Top 5:
>Iron Gods
A real sense of adventure and unique experience in golarion. The enemy actually feels frightening and oppressive, and you interact with a very unique setting in golarion. The story itself is one that I have to say is absolutely fantastic, especially for the entire last arc with the divinity drive.

>CotCT
Well written urban adventure with an interesting cast of characters. Suffers from a few plot holes that can be fixed with little effort however.

>Reign of Winter
Another sort of High Adventure game which had a very strange and entertaining second half.

>Shattered Star
Best villain

>Council of Thieves
Another urban romp. People bash it because of apparent lack of stakes. I agree that that stakes aren't high, but I don't find it an issue. It's high personal stakes low wider impact, sort of the difference between Jojo Part 3 and 4.
>>
>>51131544
Weaknesses of Bottom 5:
>Kingmaker
Boring region overall, the subsystem ruined it for me because it severely impaired the story. Lots of empty boring hexes.

>Giant Slayer
Interesting encounter design, but boring story. You can tell this is an AD&D adventure. It's strength is in the encounter design, not story.

>Skull & Shackles
No sense of urgency and direction. You have next to no reason to complete the adventure.

>Carrion Crown
Nothing was overly bad, just overall very weak. There was nothing here to excite me.

>Hell's Rebels
TERRIBLE start, overall weak finish. I did not feel like a plucky chaotic good rebel. I felt like a populist demagogue.

>>51131527
>Apply yourself.
We're playing a PvP Holy Grail War game Yes I know and I pulled the star for assassin.
>>
>>51131455
The Godhand by Little Red Goblin Games is a fun class that fits that.
>>
>>51128844
>Though there hasn't been a lot of change, lately, except in mind and war.
War is the next one to be released is why.
>>
>>51131455
How many feats do you have available for this?
>>
>>51131563
I was trying to remember the name of that class and couldn't find it under LRGG's catalogue on Paizo, but based on what I recall from the last time a player ran one, I would recommend it as well.
>>
>>51131561
>I pulled the star for Assassin
If we're talking tarot cards wouldn't Moon fit assassin more?
>Holy grail pvp game
that unironically sounds kinda fun, as a 4-5 session game of course. Going to long could get boring
>>
>>51131601
I am level 11 as a human, so 7.
>>
>>51131479
>>51131544
I'll have to take a look at them, but thanks for the recommendations.
>>
>>51131633
>that unironically sounds kinda fun, as a 4-5 session game of course. Going to long could get boring
We played one before at level 15. We reduced the level a bit for this one.

Last time I also pulled the straw for Assassin and played Edgar Allen Poe as a Ravenlord Harbinger. It was set in San Francisco, we all had maps and everything.

None of us could secure a kill on the others, and the entire thing ended up being much more like a proper holy grail war than it should have with actual cool fights and multiple encounters with no one dying and instead people running before they got into too much danger.

I was allied with Alexander Hamilton who was Saber.

Probably the best fight was the one in a famous hotel in San Francisco in the middle of a Hurricane summoned by Thor that ended when Daedalus, who had figured out modern explosives, teleported in a dirty bomb and leveled the building. The fight started on the roof, blew through multiple floors, and was a 2v2 between Me & Alexander Hamilton vs Thor and Perseus.
>>
>>51131563
>The Godhand by Little Red Goblin Games
Does it allow you to slice through thugs with a Shockwave!?
>>
File: 1425577170978.jpg (348KB, 620x878px) Image search: [Google]
1425577170978.jpg
348KB, 620x878px
>>51131563
>>51131754
SHOCK
WAVE

http://lrgg.wikia.com/wiki/Godhand
>>
File: horror.gif (259KB, 104x152px) Image search: [Google]
horror.gif
259KB, 104x152px
>DM cancels a game because 'not enough time'
>Posts on forum like a day later asking for GMs for a Pathfinder game
>mfw
>>
>>51131778
More beheading than a guillotine, Headslicer!
>>
Where do we go from here, lads.

In a week we won't have Dragons, RotJR or Molthune.

Who do you want to see in RotJR?
>>
>>51128711
Well, nothing better to do so here's one for my molthune character.

Originally a small logging-camp on the borders of Backar, the town became such when a series of vicious raids by irate fey led to a hiring of several guards.

Suddenly in need of additional service and logistics, the local camp took on a second cook. With nine young families in tow and generous pastures, it was only a matter of months before a brand new general store took the matter of buying and selling off the overworked quartermaster's hands.

The glut of springtime births convinced the temples of Erastil to assign creation of an altar to the area, originally in a back-room of the newly constructed tavern after delays led to a late-autumn arrival by the head of the new branch. Within five years, a town true to the term dotted the most to-date maps of the southwest.

An abundance of trees and their abnormally rapid growth ensures extensive wooden construction. Poorly insulated, the region's houses rely on massive stone ovens built directly into the center of each house's floor. Individual rooms are set around the central dining room, and in more affluent families the master bedroom lies atop it as a smaller 'second' floor. The various decorations, curtains and other methods of hiding the obvious chimney running through these are a popular purchase for rich wives.

Local roads are well-worn dirt; numerous roots and boulders dot the land and are usually avoided rather than dealt with in any regular fashion. Low-maintenance cattle dot the grassy hills, while the local diet continues to pride itself on berries, herbs and small forest delicacies.

Eating the fey is severely frowned upon - the natives are uppity enough as-is.
>>
>>51131455
Would that Vampire Hunter D class work for this concept?
>>
File: GN-010.jpg (263KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
GN-010.jpg
263KB, 900x900px
>>51131455
... that doesn't look like the Zabaniya at all!
>>
How many red herrings/suspects should a good murder mystery campaign have? It's a level 4 campaign, so I can't get too crazy, but I want to have something more interesting than "guy with knife" or "mild nuisance stolen from the NPC codex". Wat do?
>>
>>51131851
>Who do you want to see in RotJR?
I think a better question might be who best fits the roles expected for a complete party? The game's setup made for a good group of pretty powerful combat characters but...

Who's the best healer?
Who's the best skill monkey?
Who's the best face?
Who's the best team dad?
>>
>>51131366
Psy-War is pretty good. It's in the same field as Paladins and other partial casters in that you use a lot of your powers to buff yourself (especially mobility and defenses), while usually relying on your weapon to attack.

Unlike, say, a Paladin, though, it's BAB 15 and a 6th level manifester, rather than 20 and 4th. It gets access to pounces (psionic lion charge) and will generally benefit fairly well from psionic feats; plenty of focus expender/toggles in particular. It can also use Call Weaponry to avoid being fucked up the ass financially if you ever want to use a rocket launcher for something.

Overall it's pretty good, it just feels a little old and bland while building it sometimes because it's such an ancient class. But it's a good one, worry not.
>>
>>51131994
Old spy fills all of those except for Healer.
>>
>>51131969
RIP Lockon
>>
>>51132050
Wrong campaign, dude.
>>
>>51131994
Ossana
Riktor
Riktor
Casamir
>>
>>51131702
>Last time I also pulled the straw for Assassin and played Edgar Allen Poe as a Ravenlord Harbinger
Oh shit, you actually went through with it. How did it end up?
>>
>>51132142
Game ended prematurely unfortunately at the drawn of the third day when all of us were still alive.
>>
>>51131845
HEAD SLICER!
>>
>>51132118
Seriously DHB/DHB's fanboy, just fuck off. Get a hobby or something.
>>
>>51132118
Riktor has a bunch of Charisma based skills benefiting from a Wisdom/Dex boosting ability though...
>>
>>51132200
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/oracle/archetypes/paizo---oracle-archetypes/spirit-guide
Spirit Guide switches out wisdom for charisma for hex effects.
>>
>>51131994
>Who's the best healer?
Wand of cure light wounds
>Who's the best skill monkey?
Probably the wizard
>Who's the best face?
I think Valeriya's pretty cute
>Who's the best team dad?
Casimir, but this question was made for him wasn't it?
>>
>>51132199
By the pure numbers I'm pretty sure Ricktor is the best skill monkey/face.
>>
>>51132118

Ossana x Casimir might be absurdly cute!
>>
teach me to make a necromancer with occultist
>>
>>51132199
>even mentioning his character makes you either him or his fanboy
>>
File: vivec sees your muatra.jpg (8KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
vivec sees your muatra.jpg
8KB, 262x192px
>>51132199
Says the witch hunter with no life outside of shitposting about DHB everyone chance he can
>>
>>51132326
Take a bunch of Necromancy things.
>>
>>51132275
That's only because DHB's autism won't let him build a character instead of a sheet. There's no way a character as deliberately minmaxed as Ricktor is actually going to make it into the game.
>>
>>51132356
>That's only because DHB's autism won't let him build a character instead of a sheet.
oh hai Stormwind Fallacy
>>
>>51132199
I meant by pure numbers. I hate 2 of those characters and I'm neutral about the other one.
>>
>>51131994
Kyler best daughteru.
Seht best otouto.
Casimir best Team Dad.
Valeriya best onee-sama.
>>
Reminder that Witch Hunter anon is also barneyfag
>>
>>51132356
>apparently a two page write up isn't a character
>apparently we're now angry about someone playing a Rogue/Oracle combo
>apparently we're angry now about someone taking shitty human racial feats
Heck man, if you're gonna bring bait at least bring better bait.
>>
>>51132356
>It's another "if you have good abilities that means you're not a deep character" shitposter
>>
>>51132381

Who is best team mom?
>>
>>51132356
>trying to have any bonus at all means you're deliberately minmaxing
Have you bothered to look at the actual application or just shitpost about the memes for v1 of the character?
>>
>>51132426
Amalthea... sigh.
>>
>>51132426
I don't think any of the characters could really be thought of as motherly. Onryou seems to have some nurturing instincts at least.
>>
>>51132426
Ossana's definitely built to be a team mom type character, but something about her character just doesn't connect with me. I can't really put my finger on it, but the whole thing just feels kind of meh to me.
>>
>>51131994
Honestly, I'd like to join no matter who else gets in except for one or two folks who just creep me the fuck out but I have neither a particularly interesting schtick nor a character who's better at any one thing than anybody else (except perhaps saves).

So no hope of an invitation here.
>>
>>51132521
>but something about her character just doesn't connect with me

She's about ten years too young?

Girl's only 22, hardly a true adult.
>>
>>51132535
>but I have neither a particularly interesting schtick nor a character who's better at any one thing than anybody else (except perhaps saves).

Oh please, your character doesn't need to be better than anyone else, only better than the group that gets chosen.

Tell us about this character concept, run him or her by us!
>>
>>51132542
>She's about ten years too young?
I hadn't even looked at her sheet, so that can't be it (you're right though about being too young). Like I say, I can't put my finger on any one thing or trend in the character's story it just doesn't click for me.
>>
>>51132566
I've already submitted way, way back when the applications opened.
Would whine more, but it would be un-knightly to do so. Least I can hope is Gil gets in--something roughly similar to my character concept is probably going to be better done in the hands of an initiator.
>>
>>51132487
>I don't think any of the characters could really be thought of as motherly.

Which is kind of sad, isn't it? Motherhood is one of the most powerful themes you could use for a character concept - equal to fatherhood or family ties - and it just doesn't seem to be in the campaign.

All the girls are young, single and ready to mingle. Nothing but perky breasts and youthful jests as far as the eye can see. Honestly, I'd appreciate a mature woman with a bit of sag to the chest and sharpness to the tongue.
>>
It's going to suck to be the RotJR DM when he has to choose who gets in knowing that a few turbo autists are going to be pissed at him for not picking the characters they've been shilling for weeks, no matter who he chooses.

We've already seen Molthune DM under a lot of stress with being unable to make everyone happy. I just hope no one takes things too hard.
>>
>>51132615
Well there's always Koya.
>>
>>51132613
Did you post your character in the waiting room, or did you post it in the LFG that opened just a few days ago?
>>
>>51132542
>Girl's only 22, hardly a true adult.

And the backstory implies Ossana's been a whore for a very long time.

Not a pleasant prospect, especially when you consider her "early" clients were supposedly rough and rude to her, using Ossana more as a pretty cocksleeve than a source of conversation.

Makes me really hope she finds love - true love, in the arms of another.
>>
>>51132660
He's Rubio.
>>
>>51132624
Some molthune apps are pretty clearly here or helpful, but they've been utterly drowned out by that first week of memes and "once you go hobo-black you never go back" shilling.
>>
>>51132660
The LFG, back when it opened. It's been pretty fun seeing who picked what character for their finalized application.
>>
File: bIZ9X25.gif (2MB, 301x250px) Image search: [Google]
bIZ9X25.gif
2MB, 301x250px
>>51132624
>MFW Onryou doesn't get picked
>>
I'm still laughing about the guy who thought all of the characters were premades for him to choose from.
>>
File: 1459327618483.jpg (19KB, 528x392px) Image search: [Google]
1459327618483.jpg
19KB, 528x392px
I hope we all get in so no one is sad.
>>
File: 1421043622699.png (287KB, 810x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1421043622699.png
287KB, 810x1004px
>>51132733

I want to have faith, Aztec god of fitness.
>>
>>51132733
I wish you were right, shining glorious pillar man.
>>
How many people from outside /pfg/ do you think have applied to our games? I assume all the apps that have an "about me" section are outsiders since I don't want any of you freaks to know anything about me.
>>
>>51132624
I applied with no expectations. It's worth the honest effort to make an application and see what happens, but if someone else gets picked over me I'll just wait for the next game to come around.
>>
>>51132733
I wish I could just fucking apply instead of re--writing my backstory a billion times.
>>
File: 1470449749091.gif (550KB, 728x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470449749091.gif
550KB, 728x720px
>>51132761

I want to know more about you, anon. You seem like an interesting person!
>>
>>51132772
JUST FUCKING DO IT, YOU NERD!
>>
>>51130937

This sounds cute. So are each of you also running your DMPCs when you run, or literally just 1 person party for each session?

Either way, for the synthesist you should spread enemies out and force him to pick and choose targets. He gets to pounce at level 1, so everything within his movement range is probably gonna eat 3 attacks or something.

Add rough terrain, or something to get in the way of movement.

Also keep in mind, once his eidolon is out of THP, he's prolly gonna be done for lol. You should let him start with a wand of lesset eidolon restoration.
>>
>>51132781
Oh, I know YOU want to know about me. I know that all too well.
>>
>>51132798

What's that supposed to mean?! I'm not like those brain-dead hussies! I care about you!
>>
>>51132615
Looking back at it, that's definitely something I wish I'd decided to include as part of my character; I guess I figured someone else had that angle covered already... well, c'est la vie.
>>
>>51132796
Don't forget to put the summoner to sleep to instantly gib his physical stats and get that easy coup de grace!
>>
>>51132761
I think a few randoms applied to the Princess Game before it went down.

Hopefully when the new guy brings it back up with the revisions, he ignores all randoms that aren't from here.
>>
>>51132819
I think the fact that people wouldn't stop talking about both Amalthea (x Casimir) and Onryou made people think that both characters' schticks were covered without realizing that SE could only apply with one.
>>
>>51132761
Not so fast anon, plenty of pfg posters know enough to include their game history and I for one stated my employment status because jesus fucking christ I hate playing with low IQ pink collar cucks YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO TELL PEOPLE IF WORK IS MAKING YOU CANCEL PLANS REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51132819

Which character is yours? It's not hard to add a bit of experience to an existing character.
>>
>>51132838
The only app I saw for Princess Game was that one rando with the gas-mask wearing, colt .45 wielding healer.
>>
File: tumblr_oduqxbaN8s1u7xbrmo1_1280.jpg (84KB, 600x762px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oduqxbaN8s1u7xbrmo1_1280.jpg
84KB, 600x762px
>>51132624
Honestly, as much as I adore the concept of the game I couldn't give two shits whether I get in or not at this point. It's been a fun ride, I've learned a LOT about Spheres, PoW, the entire system as a whole, and especially about what it takes to make a character pitch sound fun. If I get in, great, a chance to have a gay ol' time with some fellow faggots on my oriental sewing forum. If not, I've lost nothing but time.

Though it'll be real embarrassing to get in if I end upgetting that job I applied for and escaping NEET-dom, blowing the fuck out of my currently wide-open schedule and possibly not being available for the game. Would suck to have to drop out for that.
>>
>>51132820

N-no don't do this. Unless it's for lewd reasons and he's okay with that of course.
>>
File: shadow of the colossus.jpg (159KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shadow of the colossus.jpg
159KB, 1920x1080px
So, when SoM comes out, does anyone else want to run/beg their DMs to run a Shadow of the Colossus type campaign using the Athletics Sphere?
>>
>>51132876
There were a few that popped up right as it went down.

There was that guy (which I hope the guy would have rejected) and a BLIND MARKSMAN guy.
>>
>>51132874
I feel like taking advice from /pfg/ about this would be a good idea in principle, but it might also make some other people unhappy. Can't please everyone though.

It'd probably change the app more than you think though.
>>
File: 1377175468555.png (3KB, 184x172px) Image search: [Google]
1377175468555.png
3KB, 184x172px
>>51132914

Well now you're just making me curious.

Which character is yours, anon? Please, give us a name so we can decide right here and now if we'd rather see her as a young and perky woman or someone older, more experienced and more mature... Maybe even a mother!
>>
>>51132947
I don't mind talking shop anon, but I don't want to shill my own character in the thread.
>>
>>51132866
I normally put that I work full time at a 9-5 job.

I also put my experience back in college because I ran the school's table top club for a year and a half.
>>
File: 1455878327756.jpg (91KB, 515x683px) Image search: [Google]
1455878327756.jpg
91KB, 515x683px
>>51133016

Anon, please! It's not shilling when someone explicitly asks you about your character... But I get your point, you don't want to talk about the character.
>>
What's your favorite school of magic?

I'm tied between Transmutation and Illusion.
>>
>>51133073

The most evident flaw with my app as it stands now is that my character isn't at all suited for combat. They have things they can do *besides* hit people, but I honestly wonder how much versatility counts for when these apps are taken into consideration.
>>
>>51133217
I really prefer transmutation--illusion can get you access to other schools through shadow [whatever] spells, but transmutation has the more valuable things you'll need to know to help yourself and your party (buffs, debuffs, utility spells).
>>
Shout out to criticAnon, my app's a lot stronger for realizing she didn't have conflict. I included a nemesis which should be great fun if I get in.
>>
>>51133217
Either Transmutation or Abjuration.

I used to like Necromancy back in 3.5, back when Healing and Life Energy Manipulation was still part of the school
>>
>>51133245
Shoutout to Witchhunter anon for helping get rid of DHB.
>>
>>51133231
I remember reading that the GM didn't want people to try and make OP characters, but on the other hand I have the feeling that who gets picked is going to depend largely on his feelings on PoW, because everybody who's trying to be any kind of warrior-type (and even those that aren't) have been talking about their characters being initiators of some kind.
>>
>>51133267
You're not allowed to shout out to yourself.
>>
>>51133267
why would you shoutout yourself?
>>
>>51133245
If you're talking about the person who gave advice on what makes a good backstory, that wasn't me. I'm basically dead today, haven't posted since I replied to the four people asking for feedback.
>>
>>51133283
This.

Come Friday, anybody who didn't use PoW to make their character is going to be considered either a breath of fresh air or, more likely, an irresponsible leech on the rest of the party's resources.
>>
>>51133245

That was me, anon!
>>
>>51133294
Oh, yeah, that guy
>>
>>51132893
I think the advantage to the Athletics sphere is that you don't have to ask your GM, you just get to start climbing whatever he throws you. As long as he's not a dick who starts tossing nothing but pixies and halfling barbarians because he knows you took the talent.
>>
>>51133231

So, your character is Osanna?

She's good, anon! Heck, I'd say she's solid!
>>
>>51133231
She's certainly more useful than most of the characters I thought up back in the LFG threads.

At least she has skills that are decently high and a good selection of spells, rather than a few that are good, some holdouts, and nothing else *but* something that hits hard.
>>
>>51133384
I think she could be better, but it comes down to a question of whether to leave the background as it is and try to make the character more effective on paper, or whether to focus primarily on the characterization itself.
>>
>>51133436
I'd say you could just insert one or two lines about "needing to learn to defend herself as a woman on the streets". That can justify some decent combat ability while preserving characterization.
>>
File: Human waifu.jpg (132KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Human waifu.jpg
132KB, 800x600px
A few weeks ago I brought up making a Betrothed Avowed with the Old One pact, and purely as a joke I said something about basing it off of Saya no Uta.

I've been running dry on creativity and this is actually starting to sound like a fun idea, fuck me.
>>
>>51133470
How does Betrothed work, exactly?
>>
>>51133436

You could easily do both, anon.

Work on the characterization while we help you on the build! You're working on a pure non-combat build, right? I'd totally try to focus on making her not only good at being a healer, but being a face!
>>
>>51133479
Your blasts suck, but you get a friend who, as far as I gather, can do everything you can.
>>
>>51133460
Actually, putting that tidbit into the backstory while leaving things as they are might be interesting. Asking someone to teach her how to use a sword would be a really fun bit of RP.

>>51133490
I've got max ranks in Diplomacy and Bluff, and an obligatory rank in Intimidate (it's a class skill after all). Outside of some different feat or trait selections, I'm not sure what I'd change.
>>
>>51133470
>>51133495
Sale me on the Betrothed
As far as I can see, the mechanical appeal is having a buffer/buffy while you/they spec into a preferred fighting style. I.e: Aether channel melee build or Rounds ranged build. Is there something I'm missing? I want to see a bit more of its potential.

I can see the Thematically fun stuff, so you don't have to sale that to me.
>>
>tfw 8 people stand out but you can only take 6

Suffering
>>
>>51133267
Fuck off, literally nobody likes you Withhunt.
>>
>>51133571

Might I suggest changing Skill Focus (Heal) for something that might be more pertinent for oracular healing... Orrrrr, Iron Will?
>>
>>51133745

Are you the RotJR DM?

Which ones are you looking at?
>>
>>51133793

The 'Life' Revelations for Oracle. More healer-y, and not much of a change required for sheet or backstory.
>>
>>51133745
>tfw waiting for the axe to come down
>>
Is there a guide to roll20? I see it all the time on here and I have been trying to play around with it, but holy cow is it not intuitive at all.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d8)

>>51133745
roll
>>
Why are Harbingers Int based again?
>>
>>51133972
Now that is efficiency.
>>
Molthune when?
>>
>>51132866
You shouldn't be applying if the estimated gametimes are going to be when you've got work in the first place.

The history stuff is fine if the GM asks, but often it feels just like some sort of "pick me I'm better" bragging attempt.
>>
>>51133972
Here's your song, Anon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J51LPlP-s9o
>>
>>51133571

>Dashing swordsman teaching the young whore how to fight
>Every misstep, every clumsy swing corrected with a strong hand and gentle smile

Cute!
>>
>>51133693
Both of you need to be sharing your combat style, as whatever shape you use they must as well.

It's more "Double God Finger" and less "Rampage Ghost"
>>
>>51134036
the pfg games all say "we'll schedule when everyone is avialable" and the ability to say "yes, I can have this time slot EVERY WEEK with 99% certainty" is more than most can say.
>>
>>51134034

Tomorrow night I think. I have it narrowed down to about 9 or 10 so far and I will think about it tonight, double check for last minute apps and then post my decision.
>>
How do we know that DHB is so bad in a game? Has anyone played with him? How was the experience?
>>
>>51134096
Apparently he's ludicrous with note-taking.

That's all I recall from what someone else said.
>>
>>51134041
Honestly not making me feel any better, anon.
>>
>>51134066
>Double God Finger
Yeah, I can see the appeal to that, but I'm still not feeling the potential behind it.

Is the only real mechanical appeal the "partner in crime" aspect?
>>
>>51134109
That doesn't really seem so bad unless he tried to force other players to read his notes.
>>
>>51134179
Or tried to force people to act certain ways based on "BUT YOU SAID..." when they make an offhand comment in session 1 and then say something different in session 28.
>>
File: The only kick that matters.jpg (68KB, 389x307px) Image search: [Google]
The only kick that matters.jpg
68KB, 389x307px
Hey all, news from SoM, I can say that the art quality of this project is promised to be higher than the last one; and I've seen some of the artists that are going to be on this one. They're all pretty solid, and I'm really looking forward to seeing them in this project!
>>
>>51134179
Draw your own conclusions, from the stated recollection of someone else speaking from a third party that he was mostly unremarkable, and someone else calling him, 2hu, and everyone else with a name, shit.
>>
>>51134207
On one hand, I hate when people spend SESSION AFTER SESSION saying they will make the person responsible for their suffering pay... and then when given the chance they just go "k".
>>
>>51134086
I'm almost done T-T Just buying gear.
>>
>>51134179
Exactly. He was normal as fuck but some NEET has a persecution complex and is now a crusader.
>>
>>51134250

Please post it and update the myth-weaver sheet. Especially if it is just gear.
>>
Anybody planning to run a RotJR game of their own when this one gets its group chosen?
>>
File: 1483839667972.png (2MB, 1234x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1483839667972.png
2MB, 1234x1160px
>>51134086
Tell us who the 9 or 10 are now so the rest of us can be free from this hell, please.
>>
>>51134250
My character is already posted and sheet is up there, it's just not fully finished.

>is Adalina
>>
>>51134308
Meant to reply to >>51134277
>>
File: 852_03226.jpg (255KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
852_03226.jpg
255KB, 1200x1800px
>>51134255
This
>>
>>51133793
Like I suggested here, >>51133883 I did decide to go with a change of Mystery for my Gestalted class. The Life revelations do a lot for Osanna (Channeling, Healing twice as many people, etc).
>>
>RotJR always has it's players shilling themselves in here
>Kitsune posting got hated out
>Dragon is just kind of quiet
Honestly, it's kind of surprising how different the reactions are.

Who's the best Dragon App?
>>
>>51134109
>>51134179
Post in question:
>http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50954081/#q50954583
>>
>>51134299
>self-induced scars
>on top of the tights
>not on the inside
Whoever drew that never met a cutter.
>>
>>51134141
Bit more than that.
The mechanical aspects, big or small:
>Constant telepathic contact while on same plane
Scouting/Spotting similar to a familiar for eachother there.

>Roll initiative together, pick the preferred result for *both*
That's not bad at all, that.You basically roll init twice from now on.

>Most standard save-inducing abilities from either are saved for both
That's a drawback: If you try to sleep'em, and they succeed, they auto-succeed if your companion tries it too, or vice-versa.

>Pulses are reduced to d4s, but both of you get them
With even minor optimization your total damage goes up. 2d4 is a marginal improvement over 1d8 after all

>Companion gains resonance effects within 1 mile
Buffs and whatnot

>Companion can use clauses and pact abilities
While you can't stack'em too well if save-types, you can at the very least increase the targets affected or the area covered

>Customizations
Maybe you want to ride your tentacle monster wife.

Finally, you yourself get big advantages from various bethrothed upgrades, such as the massive AoE increase from Draconic Concert, or making babies with an Old One...
>>
>>51134344
Kitsune posters are still around, I think the thread before last had a bunch.

I'm one of them
>>
>>51134220
>the art quality of this project is promised to be higher than the last one
Considering being "better" than the deviantart-tier in SoP isn't a big hurdle, I'll hold my expectations until we see some art
>>
>>51134291
Hopefully by then I'll know my schedule so I'll know if I can run a PbP game, which got a bit of interest.
>>
>>51134382
>that furry app though
>>
>>51134419
I cringed and I also applied. Too...eager to play their furry fetish probably. Kitsunes aren't even my fetish.
>>
File: Yang punch.png_large.png (721KB, 680x766px) Image search: [Google]
Yang punch.png_large.png
721KB, 680x766px
>>51134402
That's totally fine, I'm just letting you know that art quality is a big consideration for this book, and we're doing our best to make sure it's beautiful. And also has a punch girl in it.
>>
>>51134299

I dont know if I should do that.
>>
>>51134453
Probably best not to unless you want people trying to make the decision for you
>>
>>51134453

We'd rather know who should give up and who shouldn't.
>>
>>51134444

Have any samples/examples?
>>
>>51134489
Like 24 hours anon. I promise.

>>51134486
That is what I was worried about. I didnt like that poll that went around either.
>>
>>51134382
We're still here, yep.

It'd be rude to make the molthune appers be distracted at the moment, though.
>>
File: SistahSpooky.jpg (10KB, 198x239px) Image search: [Google]
SistahSpooky.jpg
10KB, 198x239px
>>51134498
Not at the moment; I'm not in charge of all that myself, all I've seen are sketches at the moment. Right now we're talking with my pocket artist about getting some sample art up for the kickstart.
>>
>>51134444
That's good. The popularity of "SoP with images removed" was quite dispiriting.
>>
File: Realization.gif (916KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
Realization.gif
916KB, 160x120px
>>51134551
Yeah, I saw that in the trove, wondered why, saw the 'pictured' version, and...yeah...
>>
File: Fears of Power.png (756KB, 1514x919px) Image search: [Google]
Fears of Power.png
756KB, 1514x919px
DID SOMEONE SAY SPHERES ART?
>>
>>51134643

NO

NO
>>
File: Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.png (373KB, 235x672px) Image search: [Google]
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.png
373KB, 235x672px
>>51134676
YES!
>>
>>51134512
You do you Molthune!GM. Don't believe Ondore-/pfg/'s lies!
>>
>>51134376
That's all what I kinda wanted to hear, and now I'm seeing more of the mechanical fun.
Thanks for a more in depth walk through of its ups and downs.
>>
File: IMG_1114.jpg (521KB, 613x766px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1114.jpg
521KB, 613x766px
How advanced is abortion tech, medicine, and knowledge in Golarion?
Relevant regions and social classes are Andoran (farm folk), Taldor (nobility), and Absalom (Pathfinder Society).

I'm assessing whether my character had any illegitimate children.
>>
>>51134337
Hey, while you're around I've felt like mentioning I like your character's backstory but felt like posting on the application itself would be a bit obtrusive. The moment I read it I thought of my character taking a very protective stance towards her should her backstory ever come to light.

It doesn't seem likely I'll make it in at this point based on a seeming lack of interest in my character by the other applicants, but I wish you luck getting in all the same.
>>
>>51134708
[BOSCH VON RONSENBURG OF DALMASCA INTENSIFIES]
>>
File: GENIUS.jpg (155KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
GENIUS.jpg
155KB, 640x720px
>>51134291
I know we had a few anons waaaaay back who mentioned they might be interested in running. Some of them all depended on whether or not they got into the "main game" or not, and subsequently involved "how okay are you with a GMPC tagalong" as a sidenote. Haven't heard anything about it in months so I'm not holding out much hope though.

I kind of hope we end up with a "mostly 1pp+Jolly+Forrest stuff with other 3pp on case-by-case, feat-taxes enabled, 25 PB gestalt" game getting pitched, but I know people would throw bitch fits about it because "muh PoW/SoP and anti-PoW/SoP" shitflinging.
>>
>>51134742
>tfw that's exactly what my game is but it's just really a sandbox for my friends and minus gestalt
>>
Calculated the new changes to Aether Barrage: It builds up fairly well now. Not a top damage contender, but plenty functional; even viable with the damage boosting races.

The only thing I'd say the shape (and several of them really) lack is any sort of feats of their own. I don't think Well has any either. It's a bit 'glaring' a thing, since it's thoroughly incompatible even with Aether Focus, and cannot be readied either as it is not a standard action.

Both it and Aether Well are "multiple pulses somewhere" though, so perhaps they could share one.
>>
>>51134742
I'd really like to try a 1pp+Jolly+Forrest only game myself.

Path of War is a liiiiiiiiiiiiittle too unbalanced for my tastes.
>>
>>51134742
Allow Psionics and I wouldn't really mind those parameters.

Why does every fucking person forget Psionics?
>>
File: veilweavers.gif (485KB, 272x251px) Image search: [Google]
veilweavers.gif
485KB, 272x251px
>it's mid-January
>Path of War errata was coming out "soon" back in May

Path of War errata when?
>>
>>51134725
>Remove Disease
>>
>>51134643
Posting Sexy Fiend arts for next thread potential
>>
>>51134725

They'd know that a cup of Night Tea would keep you sterile for a night, and a jug of Night Tea will induce abortion.

Night Tea is only produced by herbalists and alchemists, many of whom will try to talk you out of an abortion, but will give it if insistent.
>>
>>51134546

Cool. I need to know if I'm a contender.
>>
>>51134817

Give us good art of a Tiefling with huge tits!
>>
>>51134809
Every time someone posts that gif, the errata gets delayed by another month.
>>
>>51134844
How can anybody fap that long?????
>>
>>51134822
Hmm. My intuition is that noblewoman and cute Keleshite Swords woman would definitely have a way to keep the baby away.

What about farmgirl in Andoran? Do I need to roll for her, or should she just herb up too?
>>
File: 1421771526868.jpg (347KB, 1500x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1421771526868.jpg
347KB, 1500x1095px
>>51134817
I already got next tread art picked out
not this pic, but it will be Witch themed
If you have Witch art you think is good, then please share
>>
File: Brawler girl 4.jpg (119KB, 800x1264px) Image search: [Google]
Brawler girl 4.jpg
119KB, 800x1264px
>>51134834
Did you get in contact with Adam? Like I said, right now artists are still being picked. Here's hoping you do get picked.

Also I'm honored how often 1pp+Forrest+Jolly is considered a standard around here.
>>
File: IMG_0784.png (988KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0784.png
988KB, 1200x1500px
>>51134841
This is all I've got
>>
>>51134809
Do they even have anyone left to do it? They only have what, Elric and Gareth left, and neither one of those two could design plans to escape a paper bag, even if Gareth could sober up and swallow his emo bullshit enough to do anything but bitch about his life.
>>
File: ZDIxOQH.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ZDIxOQH.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>51134873
Not really witch art but it has potential as an Alchemist
>>
File: IMG_0997.jpg (186KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0997.jpg
186KB, 720x960px
>>51134873
>>
>>51134882

Not yet, I'm s-scared
>>
>>51134905
I meant to say Magus

>>51134841
I would but I don't wanna get a ban.
>>
File: IMG_0716.png (1MB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0716.png
1MB, 1200x1697px
>>51134873
What kind of witches?
>>
>>51134732
Just remember anon, the ultimate arbitrator of who does and does not get in is the GM.
>>
File: Anime Girl Finger Poke.gif (329KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Anime Girl Finger Poke.gif
329KB, 500x280px
>>51134797
I like PoW, but feel like initiating is so mandatory for anyone who ever wants to get into melee range that I'd rather not deal with it sometimes. Especially if I want to do something like play a Mercurial Duelist

>>51134807
Because I've not played with it, it's not something I commonly see discussed (outside of Soulknives and Aegis, and it's just very easy to forget about, I guess?

There's also "BUT DSP DID PoW TOO, WHY IS PSIONICS ALLOWED AND NOT THAT!?!?!?" screechers. Some feats from PoW would probably be gucchi, but then people would screech about that too.
>>
>>51134906
>>51134942
Non-fapbait witches. Aside from that, anything from wickedy witches with large hats to choco-skin voodoo witches and anything in between is fair game
>>
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo-fans-united/spiderhawk

A player asked if he can run this... anyone played with it?
>>
File: 4284045.jpg (57KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4284045.jpg
57KB, 707x1000px
>>51134932
>>
>>51134868

The farmgirl will only get one or two abortions from the local herbalist, and she only gets one or two because people will more than likely find out... And when they do, the farmgirl is going to get a reputation.

More than likely the Andoran farmgirl will marry the man that knocked her up, or carry the child to term and treat it as a bastard.
>>
>>51134882
>>51134954
Path of War is so FUCKING STRONG for tier 3 even without Broken Blade and Primal Fury that there's absolutely no point in playing, like, an Avowed gish or an N. Jolly martial vigilante if Path of War is on the table.

Am I right?
>>
>>51134954
>There's also "BUT DSP DID PoW TOO, WHY IS PSIONICS ALLOWED AND NOT THAT!?!?!?"

Because psionics was a smart adaptation of a well crafted and supported 3.5 system, done with care and refined through an initial release that was then polished with a successful Kickstarter. PoW was thrown together by a homebrewer and his buttboy who probably wouldn't know a spreadsheet from a loaf of bread.
>>
>>51134996
You'd be wrong there. Avowed is powerful because of how many different things you can do with it ALONGSIDE having a ranged or melee weapon that scales as you level (and/or applying it to a real weapon and dealing even more damage with it). N.Jolly vigilantes also can do things that PoW can't, although it is somewhat more limited due to most of them being unstackable with each other.

Get your facts right rather than just memeing and posting random pictures.
>>
>>51135013
>>51134892

w-when did /pfg/ become so mean to gareth? pls no bully
>>
>>51134967
>>51134942
Oh, and building on that, bonus points to any picture of a witch killing or standing over the dead body of an inquisitor or witch-hunter
>>
>>51134996
Maybe for your group.

My group is filled with people that limit themselves so they don't accelerate ahead of each other in terms of power.

Like the Zweihander Sentinel made it a self-imposed rule to only use Primal Warrior Stance when fighting enemies his character perceives as a challenge (Usually a CR that is 2 or more higher than the APL of the party).
>>
>>51134776
Well is compatible with Focus/Infusion, though it doesn't have any combo feats of its own.

Swarm can use focus and infusion I think, but has no combo feats of its own either.

I could see two or three of those working together; Using a Barrage to place your swarms or wells or being able to have them come out of your Wells instead.
>>
>>51134996
Maybe that was part of their marketing plan. Make it impossible to use any other martial in a game with their materials so that GMs only allow their initiators. That's one of the reasons why I'm hopeful for Spheres of Might, it sounds like they're building options that any class can use and which are actually balanced enough to play alongside characters who don't use them.
>>
>>51135047
Around the time PoW:E came out and people realized DSP wasn't as perfect as they thought.
>>51134954
Psionics is generally pretty okay. Most of the "problem" powers are the ones with Direct Vancian equivalents(Planar Travel, long range TP, etc) and most of them are discipline locked. There's also Psychic reformation which is also problematic because it basically makes you a prepared caster.

Other than that it's an excellent fucking system. I wish more people would be down with it. Straight up the only DSP 3pp I would recommend with no caveats aside from the above.
>>
>>51135047
>w-when did /pfg/ become so mean to gareth?

Around the same time we realized he'd rather fish for sympathy for his apparently pathetic life than actually deliver the errata he promised. Or maybe when he rolled out the playtest for his second Mary Sue "everyone thinks I'm emo but I'm really not" class.
>>
>>51134996
Avowed will keep up as a utility/support instead of damage dealer: It can hold its own damagewise as well with the right selections if used for lance charges, rounds or channeling.

You'll need high optimization if you want to keep up with a Kineticist though.
>>
>>51135133
>You'll need high optimization if you want to keep up with a Kineticist though.
That sounds fucking DIRE
>>51135132
>"everyone thinks I'm emo but I'm really not"
Malefax? What happened to that class anyway.
>>
File: 1462799649888.jpg (571KB, 631x702px) Image search: [Google]
1462799649888.jpg
571KB, 631x702px
>>51135027
Level 8 avowed gish vs. (in terms of party contribution, NOT PvP GOD DAMN IT):
*OD/ZS warder
*Stalker (Vigilante)
*Destruction Zealot
*Polymath/Vivisectionist alchemist
*Warpath Follower inquisitor

Avowed gish's combat output is totally shit all over by these. And it's not like these don't have noncombat utility.
>>
File: 1480844040810.jpg (519KB, 990x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1480844040810.jpg
519KB, 990x1200px
>>51135054
>
Like the Zweihander Sentinel made it a self-imposed rule to only use Primal Warrior Stance when fighting enemies his character perceives as a challenge (Usually a CR that is 2 or more higher than the APL of the party).

To be fair Primal Warrior Stance is only stupid strong if you've got Powerful Build so your greatsword/lucerne hammer goes from 3d6 to 6d6.

Without that, Elemental Flux Stance is just better unless you're going up against resistances.
>>
File: 57070245_p0.png (631KB, 706x1000px) Image search: [Google]
57070245_p0.png
631KB, 706x1000px
>>51135133
Tell me how an avowed gish keeps up with a Polymath/Vivisectionist alchemist or a Warpath Follower inquisitor for utility + damage?
>>
>>51134996
>>51135159
>BUT IT'S TOO STRONG BECAUSE DAMAAAAAAAGE

No fuck off, the reason I don't want to deal with it in gestalt because I don't want to deal with yet another thing to try to line up when gestalting shit along with the bloat of MORE shit to keep track of. I can't just throw fighter on something because Myrmidon is Wis-based and has that lame ass grit mechanic. I can't cover my "martial" side with vigilante because the initiator vigilante has shit all talents and is geared towards a specific theme, which ruins the whole fun of Vigilante being so versatile. I can't do some jank-ass Magus||Investigator because I then actively nerf myself trying to use Spell Combat instead of just using maneuvers.

It enforces a certain style of chargen and play, and sometimes I just don't want to fucking deal with that.
>>
File: 1479380165458.jpg (75KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
1479380165458.jpg
75KB, 500x669px
Why does everyone cry about initiators when wizards and arcanists are so much worse, even from level 1?
>>
File: 108437.jpg (493KB, 900x1074px) Image search: [Google]
108437.jpg
493KB, 900x1074px
>>51134981
>>
>>51135158
DIRE would be very good since it increases Con by 8. That's +4 (or +2 for energy blasts).
>>
>>51135132
>hurrr it's bad when developers do playtests because I don't like the thematics

You really are a shitposter, eh?
>>
>>51135187
The sorc can give him Enlarge Person.

4d6 Greatsword with Rising Zenith Strike is scary.
>>
File: 1406840693051.jpg (67KB, 736x879px) Image search: [Google]
1406840693051.jpg
67KB, 736x879px
>>51135225
>>
>>51135206
Cost-free Animate Dead, at-will Invisibility, at-will See In Darkness, at-will Flight, at-will MASSIVE bonuses to skill checks. Let's take a look at Silver Tongue (+6 to Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate) over Conversion Inquisition (Use WIS instead of CHA for those skills). Firstly, you're already CHA-based, so you're matching the Inquisitor for those three even while he's using WIS. Then you add an extra +6 to those numbers. It gets even more obvious with the +6 to Athletic skills (which no class can compete against) or with all Knowledge skills (which simply makes them an amazing skillmonkey with little investment; even a 10-INT Avowed will have better Knowledge checks than an 18-INT Alchemist).
>>
>>51135221
Because wizards and arcanists at least play well with other casters. DSP initiators were the result of homebrewers with no design experience trying to adapt a system they didn't understand to another system they didn't understand, and it doesn't play well alongside anything that isn't itself. When you add PoW to a game, you automatically say "any martial class or archetype not in one of these two books is shit. Also, most of the classes and archetypes in these two books are still shit, they're just shit that hits really hard."
>>
File: 1465154228575.gif (189KB, 250x150px) Image search: [Google]
1465154228575.gif
189KB, 250x150px
>>51135302
And then your clauses are basically all utility, so what do you do in a fight that's better than a Polymath/Vivisectionist alchemist or a Warpath Follower inquisitor?

Never mind that avowed is (lol) Cha-based so you're not doing Student of Philosophy or Conversion Inquisition.
>>
>>51135221
they're afraid of the weeabo boogeyman, after all as we all know Anime is the only form of media in which martial chracters preform amazing feats, not like you would ever see Fergus mac Róich chopping mountain tops off or Beowulf use an oversized sword or anything like that.
>>
>>51135221
Have you played a level 1 Wizard or Arcanist? Sure they can "wipe out an encounter", but they're also constantly a stone's throw from death (literally) and they have so few spells available that outside of a 15 minute adventuring day (if that) they become acid splash machines.
>>
File: 1471883175945.gif (567KB, 450x679px) Image search: [Google]
1471883175945.gif
567KB, 450x679px
>>51135323
>Because wizards and arcanists at least play well with other casters.

No they don't.

Level 1 arcanist or wizard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> level 1 inquisitor, alchemist, occultist, etc.
>>
>>51135324
not that guy but
>(lol)
>>
>>51135221
One faggot is bitching about damage being unbalanced, everyone else is just saying "man, I think I'd prefer to play without that subsystem this time around".

Plus, it's easy to just say "don't fucking play tier 1's, asshole"
>>
>>51135345
Color Spray and Sleep are so good that you basically don't need anything else.

Just rest afterwards.
>>
>>51135254
What? The flavor of the Malefax or whatever it's called is almost identical to the Harbinger. Gareth's only theme is "I'm just misunderstood".
>>
>>51135159

That little girl looks incredibly smug, why?
>>
File: 1468438338871.jpg (30KB, 420x280px) Image search: [Google]
1468438338871.jpg
30KB, 420x280px
>>51135221
>>51135371
Damage is unbalanced when that level 6 initiator in Primal Warrior Stance uses Steel Flurry Strike+Reflected Blade Style on a Martial Charge.

Starting combat by destroying two CR +2s or +3s is NOT okay.

>in before "Come on, two CR +2s or +3s are just the start of the fight!"
>>
>>51134992
The man left town right after knocking boots. Is she a bad enough dude to hunt him down? Or should she abort or just go full-cuck on some other loser?
>>
>>51135373
>15 minute adventuring day
>>
>>51135225

That's a really cute Tiefling.

I want to adventure with her!
>>
>>51135324
Did you not fucking listen, you goddamn shitposter? You don't NEED Conversion Inquisition or SoP because you ALREADY ARE USING CHARISMA. You're going to be BETTER THAN THOSE OPTIONS.

And for damage, you get Shapes! You can apply your pulse just like it was a PoW Boost as a swift action onto a ranged weapon or a melee weapon! You can fire two or even three Xd8 lasers at people that hit touch AC, alongside a feat that lets you fuck people over that try and wear armor! You can use what amounts to a fireball that deals d8s instead of d6s! You can spear through multiple enemies and come out on the other side of them!

You can do both combat AND utility. You don't have to give up one to do the other; that's what the Avowed DOES.

But of course you're going to say something retarded like "but reflect/zephyr/primal stance with a santuskon and conversion inquisition" as if that actually means anything anymore, rather than just being a meme that you spout to try and sound intelligent.
>>
File: 21dcbb13980ee191fcef8f66cea2802c.jpg (206KB, 1000x1415px) Image search: [Google]
21dcbb13980ee191fcef8f66cea2802c.jpg
206KB, 1000x1415px
>>51135278
>>
>>51135373
Minus the many creatures those abilities don't work on, yeah. Things go a lot differently if the enemies are elves or undead or constructs.
>>
>>51135378
And that makes the playtest automatically bad? That somehow makes the mechanics that are being tested and made into something more fun bad, because the writer isn't good with tone? As long as the mechanics are good, what does it matter if "I'm edgy" is the theme?
>>
>>51135405

How's that going full-cuck? As long as she actually loves that man and is willing to have his children than I don't see the issue in marrying another.

It really depends on this girl, tell us about her!
>>
>>51135416
>You don't NEED Conversion Inquisition or SoP because you ALREADY ARE USING CHARISMA. You're going to be BETTER THAN THOSE OPTIONS.
So you're more MAD than those guys who can dump Charisma and laugh all the way.

>And for damage, you get Shapes! You can apply your pulse just like it was a PoW Boost as a swift action onto a ranged weapon or a melee weapon! You can fire two or even three Xd8 lasers at people that hit touch AC, alongside a feat that lets you fuck people over that try and wear armor! You can use what amounts to a fireball that deals d8s instead of d6s! You can spear through multiple enemies and come out on the other side of them!
Bitch, aether pulse damage is a fucking fraction of what damage optimized initiators can do.
>>
okay lads a dungeon that was originally going to be the lair of a great wyrm and a fuckton of kobolds needs to be repurposed

it's a 12 floor ruined keep, any ideas on what to populate it with? if it helps, there's a bigass leyline running under it and it's in a region with constant torrential downpours
>>
>>51135444
How are you MAD if you're spending Charisma... to boost Charisma skills?
>Bitch, aether pulse damage is a fucking fraction of what damage optimized initiators can do.
Yes, because everyone is optimizing forever. All Warders will always be what >>51135402 claims and will never do anything else ever, sure thing. Because that's totally how real games work.
>>
>>51135389

She's got her sword and her rocking horse, ain't nobody got shit on her.
>>
>>51135447
Witches n' shit? There's the Leyline Guardian archetype which could use it, and maybe there's a coven that's attempting to use it as the focus of some ritual, maybe to summon their patron or corrupt the area, or corrupt the leyline itself.

Or the witches just want to get to school on time
>>
>>51135436

I never said doing the playtest was bad, I said that people probably got tired of DSP and Gareth after he released a second class with the same bullshit wahwah I'm a misunderstood loner theme after spending over a year not doing the errata he promised. You're getting awfully butthurt over this, you sucking his dick or something?
>>
>>51135477
ooh good idea, i'll put a bunch of witches in the keep.

what kind of minions should they have around the place? spirits? summoned creatures?
>>
>>51135466
>Yes, because everyone is optimizing forever
That's what PoW is for. It's hard not to optimize when everything is OP.
>>
>>51135423
>>
File: 1483321925917.gif (365KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1483321925917.gif
365KB, 480x270px
>>51135466
Let's not move goalposts here, kiddo.

We've got to examine top optimized avowed gishes against top optimized initiators, otherwise what's the point? What's our benchmark here?

Like, if we say "Oh, we'll just assume nobody is really optimizing," then we might as well throw all comparisons out because the swashbuckler might be a more competent PC than a shit optimized wizard.
>>
>>51135488
Sorry, I thought you were the same person as >>51135132, who's claiming that it's a Mary Sue class. Also, he never promised errata, if I recall the general tone was "we'll get it done once we all stop hating working on it and get the numbers", there wasn't a promise. More importantly, you're sounding as though Gareth is the only person on the DSP team to be working on anything; IS anyone at DSP doing anything anymore, actually?
>>
So I'm thinking about playing a Samurai, maybe Sword Saint, and was thinking about doing a dip in Barbarian. I know I'm not going to have many rounds with a 2 or 4 level dip (was thinking I'd do 2, but if there's a good enough reason to do more...) so I thought I'd go Drunken Rager to mitigate that. What're some good rage powers to accommodate this? If I do go Sword Saint maybe Lesser Spirit Totem would be worthwhile, since I'd want decent Charisma if I want Terrifying Iaijutsu to have a chance of shaking enemies, but I don't know.
>>
File: Jinx_tv_01.jpg (33KB, 582x428px) Image search: [Google]
Jinx_tv_01.jpg
33KB, 582x428px
>>51135488
>>51135378
I'm pretty sure the Malefex's flavour is "I manipulate luck", and is supposed to essentially be like Jinx from Teen Titans
>>
>>51135506
Yes. Depends on the witches, they could be tied to their patron or just modified creatures from the surrounding area.
>>
>>51135515
Moved on to other things cause I'm tired.
>>
>>51135538
I honestly remember her more from Zone
>>
>>51135526
>IS anyone at DSP doing anything anymore, actually?
That's the big question, isn't it? Anyone whose work was actually decent enough to get someone else to pay them or sell on their own jumped ship.
>>
>>51135553
excellent.

the party has been investigating ley lines (one surging killed one of their friends), so this will be good. now to work out the kinds of traps the witches might have set, figure out how many witches to put in the coven, then populate the place.

and maybe set up their ritual to summon their patron and make it a race against time?
>>
File: Bait The Visual Novel.jpg (105KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bait The Visual Novel.jpg
105KB, 800x600px
>>51135402
>>51135444
>>51135509
>>51135522
>all warders are ZS/OD warders in PW stance using SFS+RBS+MC
>people always optimize to maximum at all times and ALWAYS use Primal Fury/Broken Blade/Whatever the fuck to maximum autismal potential instead of just grabbing cool shit
>a cha-based class using cha is MAD
>MUH STATSWAPS and "goalposts"

Is this seriously how you're going to act when I remark offhand that "man, I sure would like to apply for a game that doesn't do PoW/SoP on top of gestalt"? You automatically spew this garbage for the millionth time like it is at all relevant?
>>
>>51135528

>Sword Saint

It's shit

>Samurai

It's shit

Just go straight barbarian
>>
>>51135206
Aether Channel will add pulse damage to every attack, and with at least two selections you're doing it full-BAB. Four make it a Pouncer too. It's compatible with touch attacks and natrual weapon multis though those get half damage instead.

You can combine that with Overcharge if you want to max it out, haven't used quicken yet either, to empower each pulse bonus.
>>
>>51135556

Woah, cool! Google image search didn't get me anything. What's artist name?
>>
Well then, since we're in autosage. I think I can crack the lid on Pandora's box here.

Last night I made a lewdness generator for pathfinder characters, including gender, subbiness, orientation, ass, tits, dick, preferences, and kinks. Borrowing from a similar one, but tweaking it to my preference (and I think more in line to general preference)

Who wants the link?
>>
>>51135615
>It's shit
Thank you for explaining why, you've really convinced me.
>>
>>51135538
No, that's its mechanics. Its flavor is just like the harbinger's "People think I'm evil and emo but I'm really just misunderstood". We get it, you were a child of the 80s or early 90s and your Puritanical community didn't understand your need to wear black makeup and play that D&D devil worship game. Now show that your "hardship" made you more than just a whiny bitch.
>>
>>51135324
Shapes are gained separately from clauses, so you'll still be running around with Aether Rounds IV or Channel IV or whatever.
>>
File: 1429922092866.png (495KB, 947x887px) Image search: [Google]
1429922092866.png
495KB, 947x887px
>>51135468

I wish I had a sword and rocking horse.
>>
>>51135624
Me
>>
>>51135634
And flavor matters when you can refluff things.

You CAN refluff things, right? You're not one of those people who thinks that you HAVE to stick with the pre-canned fluff, right?
>>
>>51135556

It feels like this image was cropped!
>>
File: Kenshin.jpg (189KB, 572x676px) Image search: [Google]
Kenshin.jpg
189KB, 572x676px
>>51135528
It is actually pretty bad, if you can go 3p the Mercurial Duelist (written by me) is a much better way to go about the same thing.
>>
>>51135624

>Begging for (you) instead of giving it selflessly

You are no true man of this night's watch.
>>
>>51135634
I'm looking at it right now, and all its saying so far is "You got magic powers just to spite people who look down on you"

Yeah, its not the best, but its clearly not as cringy and edgelordy as you make it out to be. It really feels no different than your average Rogue or Eldritch Scoundrel really.

I think you may be making up boogiemen to witch-hunt
>>
>>51135624

Give me that right fucking now, anon.
>>
>>51135624

Oh please, we all know the way to generate a man's cock or a woman's chest beefers! We've even got a generator for kinks.

Why should we listen to you?
>>
File: 1473024043841.png (3MB, 2000x2311px) Image search: [Google]
1473024043841.png
3MB, 2000x2311px
>>51135612
Maybe if DSP came out and gave errata, for fucking once, we'd be able to use a more balanced (and more interesting) bunch of disciplines.
>>
>>51135661
No, I'm one of those people who thinks a writer's inability to come up with more than one idea speaks volumes about their skill and validity, none of it good. Is Gareth's dick so far up your ass you honestly can't acknowledge that?
>>
>>51135624
I don't believe you
but I want it
>>
>>51135658
>>51135690
>>51135699
Careful with this anons. It's new and might be in need of revision pending feedback

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y2_vGoAFmdwxdiJiEE4VysLxeifwODoxIUU7Ozbu6Eg/edit?usp=sharing

>>51135723
>Implying I didn't take those generators and pound them into one cohesive piece
>>
>>51135652

But you do, anon. They were in your heart all along.
>>
File: 1454752937854.jpg (152KB, 419x419px) Image search: [Google]
1454752937854.jpg
152KB, 419x419px
>>51135756

DON'T

DON'T DO THIS TO ME ANON

DON'T
>>
Fuck, I love /pfg/ today. Like the perfect combination of rage, shitposting, arguing, and cuteposting. Ahhh.
>>
>>51135737
It's probably hard to do errata when you can't keep a designer on for more than a year.
>>
>>51135752
How does that chart work on the bottom section?
>>
>>51135768

I love you today
>>
>>51135615
>>51135632
I'll elaborate a bit since that anon isn't going to. Sword Saint has one major benefit: replacing the mount (useless in a lot of campaigns) with something martial-related, the Iaijutsu Strike. The Iaijutsu Strike is cool in concept, but unfortunately falls flat in execution because 1) it's a separate full round/standard action to perform (so it can't benefit from something like Vital Strike, which might be useful on a big single attack), and 2) it can only be performed once per challenge, which means using it multiple times against the same enemy is actually impossible as challenges (to my knowledge) cannot be made multiple times against the same target. So basically you have a sneak attack that you can only use once per day per target, with a total use of up to 7 times/day.

Unless you grab Chain Challenge or choose the Order of the Flame to Iaijutsu Strike waves of enemies, provided you can somehow oneshot them.

I dunno about Samurai being shit overall though, it's pretty much just a slightly re-flavored Cavalier which is perfectly functional.
>>
File: 86e56c1c183913db19c53365f2364f50.jpg (491KB, 1050x1596px) Image search: [Google]
86e56c1c183913db19c53365f2364f50.jpg
491KB, 1050x1596px
>>51135556
>>51135620
>>51135670
I'm unaware of whether it was cropped or not and I dunno artist. It's in my assorted humans folder.
>>
>>51135742
Anon, I want you to stop what your doing, and explain why the bloody heck you think the Malefex is anyworse than other classes such as the witch, 3.5 warlock, slayer, bloodrager, eldritch scoundrel, or 3.5 hexblade in regards to fluff.

Because, from my own looking at the document right now, its really no different than those classes in terms of fluff
>>
>>51135767

Why is Sento so cute! Cute!
>>
>>51135752
Aisha Ryu
Female Trap
Dominant (14) Switch (10)
Homosexual Bi
DD cups Flat
Bubble Butt Apple But
Likes : Merfolk, Demons, Belly Likes : Humans, Ass, Kitsune
7 in dick in fused mode 8" dick
Favorite Kinks Favorite Kinks
NTR Watersports
Femdom Transformation
Rape Drugs
Cock Addiction Rimming
Sadism Multiple Partners
Tomboy

I see.
>>
>>51135767

Alright, alright, fine. Just know that you're a wonderful person with a lot of joy to share with the world.
>>
File: 1448513425367.png (278KB, 706x412px) Image search: [Google]
1448513425367.png
278KB, 706x412px
>>51135752

I rolled an Adonis male submissive human with an 8 inch cock.

What does this mean? Being a big-dicked hunk that loves to serve his lady?
>>
File: 1483844018092.png (571KB, 1120x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483844018092.png
571KB, 1120x1080px
>>51135752

Oh gosh, Anon.
>>
>>51135683
No 3p allowed unfortunately, though what exactly is so terrible about Samurai? Or is it just that other classes are better which makes them mediocre by comparison?
>>
File: 1459380947271.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1459380947271.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>>51135815

Oh I think you know why.

>>51135823

You don't appreciate how much that means to me right now, anon.

I love you, I love you. I love you.
>>
File: GGXrdR Give it to me doctor.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GGXrdR Give it to me doctor.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>51135683
>no AoE/multitarget Iaijutsu slash
>you lean on damage dice super hard since power attack and most other flat bonuses don't get multiplied
>so many talents to pick from and you can only get one or two extras via feats
>the spell strike-related feats, last I checked, didn't make it into either LV or LV:V

truly this is suffering, but it is a good pain. I want to play one so fucking bad it hurts.
Actually, Masochist Vigilante archetype like pic-related when? I'd imagine it would involve a regenning temp HP pool and DR/-

>>51135737
Bitching about it constantly on a mongolian moving picture discussion website to a bunch of anonymous faggots isn't going to get you an errata any faster, shitposter-kun. You just look like a whiny faggot.
>>
File: aeqeeqw1213.gif (1MB, 310x434px) Image search: [Google]
aeqeeqw1213.gif
1MB, 310x434px
>>51135843

Love you too.
>>
>>51135617
By 12th you could be looking at 3d6 (greatsword lead blades) +4>>6 strength, +8>>12 power attack, 6d8 (orange ioun could make that 7d8 by making it 13th) or 9d8 overcharged, plus probably 3 enhancement bonus and maybe 1d6 elemental.

With haste that's four attacks of 3d6+21+9d8 (average 72 per), can have a 17-20/x2 crit rate like everybody else. That's without particular focus on upgrading damage, just a typical weapon buildup with power attack. It can certainly go higher.
>>
File: tumblr_nvknxiPfBA1sazby5o1_1280.jpg (274KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvknxiPfBA1sazby5o1_1280.jpg
274KB, 1280x960px
>>51135807
>>
>>51135632
>>51135804

Barbarian and Fighter are the best two straight martial classes in Pathfinder. Play one or the other over almost any other class.
>>
>>51135808
It's not that there's anything inherently wrong with the fluff, it's that it's the only fluff Gareth knows how to write, and he recycles it over and over in everything he touches. It's almost as bad as AA's fox fetish, but without the fun art making it more bearable.
>>
>>51135831
Samurai itself isn't terrible, but it's a mundane class with very limited scope. Sword Saint makes it worse by trading its mount for a gimmicky but not particularly useful sword attack that will almost always be the worst thing you could be doing with your turn.
>>
>>51135903
>Barbarian and Fighter are the best two straight martial classes in Pathfinder.
We live in strange times when this isn't a shitpost and is instead an honest suggestion.
>>
>>51135897

I would give you a hug if I could, you know that?
>>
File: 6130829.png (1013KB, 1280x1504px) Image search: [Google]
6130829.png
1013KB, 1280x1504px
>>51135902
>>
>>51135437
Ingrid Sterksdotter, the child of an Ulfen mercenary who took to the rustic lifestyle and Common Rule, and married an Andoran woman after laying down the sword.
She met Tom Harrigan because he and his father traveled around to faires and the like, trading goods. Her father used to tell her that a man without scars wasn't worth nothing 'cause he never fought for nothing. When she spied on Tom Harrigan bathing in the barn his father had rented (trying to sneak a peek at his half-elven physique,) she noticed the wicked scar across his handsome chest, and decided then and there to take her prize that very night.
After liquoring him up with some of her uncle's secret blend of moonshine, the two shared the passion of young love. They shared the next night as well, and then Tom left Ruth his father the day after.

Basic stuff.
>>
>>51135906
So in otherwords you're a whiny bitch who doesn't have any valid complaints, and is upset that someone who is good at making one particular thing keeps playing to his strengths.

Seriously, that's like whining about how Forrest only knows how to make Warlock mechanical expies, or how Quinten Tarentino only makes pulp action flicks
>>
>>51135943

The only contenders to Barbarian and Fighter in 1PP are Vigilante and Slayer. UCMonk if you absolutely gotta go unarmed.
>>
>>51135989

And even then, I'm not convinced Fighter can't do unarmed better than UCMonk
>>
>>51135980
So the answer was "Yes, Gareth's dick is so far up my ass I'm basically his personal sockpuppet". Got it. If you honestly can't see the difference between having a mechanical specialty and not knowing how to come up with an original idea, there's no helping you.
>>
>>51135970

Why didn't you tell me she was part-Ulfen? That would've helped me answer your question right-quick!

Ingrid sounds to me like a woman that would set out to adventure and build a solid nest-egg for her babe, something to live off when she's too large and child-heavy to make more on killing goblins.
>>
>>51135989
Vigilante is probably tied with barbarian as the best martial class, since it can pull off all of its tricks even faster than the fighter thanks to vigilante talents being so much better than feats.
>>
>>51135941
>>51135804
Well I suppose that's reason enough to not go Sword Saint. Is there maybe a Cavalier archetype that loses it's mount for neat sword-swinging maneuvers?

Or am I Fighter-bound?
>>
>>51136042
You could take the Swordlord Fighter archetype into Swordlord PrC
>>
New Thread: >>51136073
>>51136073
>>51136073
>>51136073
>>51136073
>>
>>51134976
While I haven't touched it, just from looking at it it looks ever so slightly WEAKER than a standard magus by virtue of being spontaneous, but it makes up for it by giving you some neat little tricks on the side to be more versatile in non-spell related areas. I didn't look too far into it, but it probably wouldn't break anything as-is.

I kind of like it actually, maybe I'll ask my GM about it sometime.
>>
>>51135824
roll your kinks now
>>
>>51136077
>page 7
>after another anon had already called to do it at page 8, like a sane person
>still more kitsune bullshit garbage
>not even a relevant topic, just kitsune garbage some more
You are the ultimate faggot.
>>
>>51136105
It's been like 2 days since a Kitsune thread. Suck it up once in awhile.

Even if I wanna move away from Kitsune and toward Fiends/Humans
>>
>>51136105

>implying you still shouldnt wait for the good one and let the fetish posting die
>>
>>51136125
>It's been like 2 days since a Kitsune thread
And that's a problem how?
There are dozens of topics in Pathfinder, with Kitsune being only a minor factor of the whole system and lore.

Why in the bloody fuck should it be a semi-daily topic? Why not just, i dunno, once every 3 months or so so as to not dilute it into annoying meme shit?
>>
>>51136086

This submissive human super-hunk with a huge dick is into the following kinks...

Spanking, Prostitution, Incest, Murder, Creampie
>>
File: 2782343.jpg (109KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2782343.jpg
109KB, 707x1000px
>>51136165
Your butthurt is too delightful, anon. How the bloody fuck does it stop discussion from happening? Oh right, it doesn't. You can still post whatever the fuck you want. Chill.
>>
>>51136010
Alright, then why didn't you message Gareth while the playtest was fresh and, if you yourself are such an arbiter of creativity, suggest your own fluff instead?
>>
>>51136182
This sounds like Tyrion from the lewd HV game.
>>
>>51136251

>Tyran
>Submissive

Yes please.
>>
>>51136277

He is going to take the knot
>>
File: 1394047397318.png (3KB, 194x205px) Image search: [Google]
1394047397318.png
3KB, 194x205px
>>51136362

More like someone's going to claim the mountain.
>>
>>51136409
I honestly cannot tell if you're posting this in response to something I said, or just handing me the bingo card for when people scream at me that I'm terrible for not wanting PoW all the time forever
>>
True Thread
>>51136508
>>51136508
>>51136508
>>
>>51136502
Why not neuter?

A sexless person might be fun to do new things upon!
>>
>>51136547
Because I figured people would rather have Adonis on the table than a ken doll. It's also the least important, because people kind of always pick gender anyways.
>>
>>51136668

What would being an Adonis entail, anyway?

I know it's the masculine ideal, but wouldn't that mean an expected dump in Charisma?
>>
>>51136694
Charisma is personality, and being cut doesn't mean you're actually as strong as you look. See : Strongman competitions.
>>
>>51136740
>tfw have strongman body
>best friend is aesthetic musclefag
>he's the one girls think is strong
>he's not
it's not fair
>>
>>51136766
My condolences anon
>>
>>51135752
I... I rolled my character exactly, all the way until the kinks that aren't too far off.
Thread posts: 427
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.