[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 91

File: 57643539_p0.png (3MB, 3425x3507px) Image search: [Google]
57643539_p0.png
3MB, 3425x3507px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

How are you liking Spheres of Might, the Path of War replacement? What do you like/hate about its rules? What do you want to see from its new martials with non-combat utility? Does it make Vital Strike mandatory? Can it break us free from overPoWered?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest 1:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing
Spheres of Might preview: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/

Old Thread: >>51114730
>>
File: rbAGX.gif (467KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
rbAGX.gif
467KB, 500x360px
I NEED CHARACTER IDEAS FOR A KINGMAKER CAMPAIGN!
>>
File: PZO1132.jpg (195KB, 670x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PZO1132.jpg
195KB, 670x1000px
>>51121763
Make a glorious all-powerful psychic character. As far as I can tell, they're great for things like illusions and trickery due to not having somatic and verbal components for their psychic spells.
>>
File: Bait the Enemy Stand.jpg (161KB, 625x560px) Image search: [Google]
Bait the Enemy Stand.jpg
161KB, 625x560px
>>51121729
>Spheres of Might
>Path of War replacement
>Vital Strike mandatory
>break us free from overPoWered
>>
Can I get a list of the books that mention or provide content for Conference Z?
>>
Spheres of Might seems very interesting so far. It doesn't seem to make Vital Strike mandatory since the sniper sphere at least appears to have decent damage progression on its own, but it definitely makes Vital Strike a more attractive feat than it currently is. So far I'm already much more enthusiastic about it than I have been about PoW.
>>
File: Hellknight.jpg (100KB, 809x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Hellknight.jpg
100KB, 809x1500px
>>51121763
An Asmodean Cleric or Hellknight (Or both!) attempting to bring law and order to an unordered region.
>>
>>51121729
Why must you bait, shitposter? It's not a replacement, it's practically its own system; Adam Meyers should just write his own game at this point.

Also, you're an idiot.
>>
Serious question /tg/: Just finished playing the "Wolf Among Us" and liked the concept of fairy tale creatures being among us in "real-life."
>Would Pathfinder be a good fit for this?
I know Pathfinder's distinct classes and abilities might warp things and delving into the realm of magic might be tricky... But is it possible?
>>
>>51121818
>Would a high fantasy game work for a Masquerade setting.
Yes, but there needs to be a very strong motivation to remain hidden.
>>
>>51121806
>Adam Meyers should just write his own game at this point
He practically already has it seems like. With SoP and now SoM, all you'll need from Paizo is the core rules.
>>
>>51121785
>>51121798

How does it make it mandatory?

Here's my house rules for vital strike:

>Any character with a BAB of +1 or greater receives the Vital Strike feat for free. The Improved and Greater Vital Strike feats are subsumed into Vital Strike. When making a Vital Strike attack, the feat instead gives the benefits below based on the BAB of the attacker:

>BAB + 1 = 1x base weapon dice + rider
>BAB + 6 = 2x base weapon dice + rider
>BAB +11 = 3x base weapon dice + rider
>BAB +16 = 4x base weapon dice + rider
>BAB +20 = 5x base weapon dice + rider

Valid Riders:

>Any combat manuever (eg. Trip. The attack roll used for the attack is also used for the combat maneuver check.).
>Any (ex) feat or class ability possessed by the attacker that costs a standard or full-round action (eg. - Cleave, Dazzling Display).
>Total Defense (Gaining +4 to AC, but the attacker no longer threatens enemies until next turn).
>Aid Another (A successful hit replaces the DC 10 roll needed for Aid Another).
>Elimination of a single minor, self-induced penalty from the attack (eg. Nonproficiency penalty, nonlethal damage penalty, power attack or combat expertise penalty).

A feat:

>Maximum Rider Power (Combat)
>Prerequisites: +11 BAB
>You may choose to gain no additional damage from Vital Strike, instead adding a second rider. You may use this second rider before, during, or after the execution and resolution of the first rider. Attacks granted by the second rider are made additionally to those of the first.

>For example, if a fighter uses Vital Strike to make a Spring Attack, the fighter can move and make a single attack, and the Whirlwind Attack feat can be used as a second rider at the beginning or end of movement, or at any place in between.
>>
>>51121818
Well, do you intend for it to be a modern time period or not?

The thing is, Pathfinder is only really good at high fantasy. It CAN do low fantasy but is iffy on it and there's breaking points, but it outright can't do horror, is very bad at mystery, and anything more advanced than a crossbow is going to cause issues.

As such, I'd recommend finding a different game to roll with, but if you can't, then yes, Pathfinder can be jury-rigged for this concept.
>>
/pfg/ I'm trying to come up with character ideas for a Curse of the Crimson Throne campaign. Anyone got any thoughts? I get hardcore white-page syndrome.
>>
>>51121855
>How does it make it mandatory?
>>51121855
I don't think it does make it mandatory, but the system seems to work off of combatants using the standard action attack action, which Vital Strike is compatible with, so Vital Strike looks a lot better on the SoM options than it does in core.
>>
>>51121875
Are you a player or the GM?
>>
>>51121763

An elf who is totally blown away at all the completely mundane tools and technology that the average peasant uses to survive.
>>
>>51121763
A con-artist on the run and looking to make a name for himself with a new identity!
>>
>>51121886
Player.
>>
>>51121763

Patriotic Rostlander that aspires to be an Aldori Swordlord.

A lecherous bandit set on the straight and narrow for the better pay, prettier women and a chance to kill his old boss.

Bardic Noble bastard that started his journey wishing to write down the tale of the party before being whisked into leadership positions that forces him to kill the boy, and become the man.
>>
>>51121924
How much, if any, 3rd-party materials are allowed? It might be easier to think of a concept if you have an idea as to what subsystem you want to mess with; Bloodlines/Mysteries, Domains/Inquisitions, Combat Feats, Initiating, Manifesting, Arcane/Divine/Occult Spellcasting, etc.
>>
>>51121847
>>51121871
Interesting point. Would you not consider fairy tale creatures to be high fantasy? They have certain immortalities/defenses/abilities.
>>
So I have a stupid question. Does anybody know if there is a concrete rule on height in pathfinder? the tallest "possible" human using the rules I could find is 6'6". I myself am 6'9", and I know there are people taller/as tall as me. Conversely the shortest possible human is 4'7", I know children are shorter, but I have met people this short and shorter. also, after reading the bit on age/height/weight, apparently you can choose your age but height and weight aren't stated to be optional.

TLDR: do people really care if your characters are taller/shorter than what the rules permit?
>>
>>51121967
As far as I know, the only real mechanic height/size has is determining what size categories a character/creature may have. Beyond that's it's purely aesthetic, like the size of a character's tits, or color of their hair.
>>
>>51121967

No one gives a fuck. But if you make an ubermensch 8 foot tall human other players will look at you like you're the piece of shit you are.
>>
>>51121875

A Tian on holiday whose poor language skills and misinterpretation of local customs get them dragged into the struggle to save the city despite their efforts to be friendly and avoid trouble.
>>
>>51121960
Fairy tale creatures very often fit into incredibly binding laws and customs, things that don't always exist in Pathfinder.
>>51121967
Once you get below 4 feet or above 8 feet you start to encounter problems with size categories, but other than that, no.
>>
>>51122011
oh! good point. I looked on the table for medium sized creatures size/reach and the range there for medium creatures is 4'-8'. I can agree with that. Thanks! ^_^
>>
>>51122031
Think world of darkness would play out better? Or perhaps NPC classes with templates?
>>
>>51122075
World of Darkness is designed around the concept, so yes. NPC classes with templates sounds miserable.

If you want to tough it out with Pathfinder you're either going to have to have very cooperative players or a lot of fiat so that your players don't just go around waving their magic swords.
>>
>>51121763
The infobroker who's memorized half the king's library and has been trying to steal the royal treasure

No, not the sword he knights people with, no knot the gem on the crown. The one that his great grandfather hid somewhere in the castle, swearing it to secrecy for as long as the Angel of Oncaath should survive.
>>
File: aztec kobold shaman.jpg (101KB, 900x1030px) Image search: [Google]
aztec kobold shaman.jpg
101KB, 900x1030px
>Spheres of Might
>Kobolds
>make them some kind of Sneak Attack class with the system, like an SoM Slayer
>Grab Scale Foe, Unwilling Boost, Agile Manuevers, and something to help with either movement or AoO.
>They come out of holes in wall, and jump on intruders, and start to stab them with poisoned or feces covered daggers
>After a few stabs, they jump off and run for a barracade
>Archers are sitting behind the barracade, and form firing lines to alternate shotting at invaders, using either Sniping Sphere and Covering Fire, or Overwatch Style
>They rain heck on invaders, while the guys who ran grab either their own ranged weapons, or start tossing tanglefoot bags and splash weapons
>Once the invaders get within 10 ft or so, they fall back, They trigger a Ceiling Spike trap.
>If that fails, or if casualties sustained are too high, they will fall back, communicate to the next line of defense, and regroup with the other soldiers.

>This is only the initial defensive line, it gets more intense from here, as they start having more complex traps and caster support, and higher level Kobolds and tamed beasts

DARE YOU ENTER MY TRAPPED WARREN!?
>>
'sup /tg/, haven't stalked in a long while: has PoW (especially the Primal Fury discipline) been fixed yet?
Any new Initiating archetypes for non-PoW classes?

I hope you all had tremendous festivities, I personally got back on the DMing horse and going through Kingmaker.
>>
>>51122170
Seems legit.
>>
File: 7614fd79797b0e4cbc8df70042c9ebf4.jpg (542KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
7614fd79797b0e4cbc8df70042c9ebf4.jpg
542KB, 1000x1333px
Is there any method, in Paizo material or Dreamscarred Press material, of constantly (or near-constantly) shrouding oneself in dim light or darkness, without also shedding a wide radius of dim light or darkness?

I am trying to make the most of this item:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/shawl-of-shadowy-disguise

But a Palelight Torch is too blatant for stealth operations:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/torch-palelight

The character is supposed to be 4th-level, but any Paizo or Dreamscarred Press class will do.
>>
>>51122210
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....HAH! Hoooooo.....
No, no PoW errata has been released. That's just a fairy tale people talk about to try and keep faith in DSP alive.
>>
>>51122240
There's a spell called Protective Penumbra, it's a level 2 Wizard/Sorc and Cleric/Oracle spell.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/protective-penumbra
>>
>>51122251
They did take the time to tell the guy trying to homebrew errata on GitP to stop it, so that's whatever that is.
>>
>>51122274
And I just realized you wanted it for stealth purposes, so this doesn't work.
>>
>>51122240
Not Dreamscarred, but the SoP Dark Sphere Handbook Playtest has Penumbra talents for that.
>>
File: 684f6ec3153a2aeb6b22a590666993b8.jpg (475KB, 4092x2893px) Image search: [Google]
684f6ec3153a2aeb6b22a590666993b8.jpg
475KB, 4092x2893px
>>51122274

This would do nothing for the Shawl of Shadowy Disguise.

>>51122300

Spheres of Power is not an available source.
>>
>some random guy posts in my RotJR app asking to play my character
Fucking what? Can someone explain this shit to me? Is this some kind of roll20 idiocy?
>>
>>51121818
>Wolf Among Us

Use Nobilis or Chuubo. They fit the whole fairy-tale struggle of myths vibe much better.
>>
>>51122371

Ha, you missed us talking about it briefly in the last thread. He's probably just not that smart anon.
>>
>>51122371

Apparently someone thought it was some kind of casting call for a Pregen. Take it as a compliment, I guess.
>>
>>51122371
I think its just that person being an idiot and not understanding how applications work and/or too lazy to make their own character
>>
>>51122371

The kid thought the whole list of apps were premade characters for other players to play as. Take it easy on him pls
>>
Is the Critique Anon from a thread or two still around? I'm interested to see his take on some of the other applications for RotJR, since it's evident that he or she is quite good at giving constructive criticism and recognizing the flaws and strengths of a character.
>>
>>51122394
>Take it as a compliment, I guess.
I suppose. It's just kind of fucking weird at the same time.
>>
What's this RotRJ stuff I keep seeing?
>>
>>51122028

What's the best way to be good at fighting with ladders?
>>
>>51122443

Rise of the Jade Regent-a campaign someone's running on Roll20. Starts off with the first book of Rise of the Runelords, then segues into the entirety of Jade Regent.
>>
Yo, Jolly, You still in here? I gots a question.
Do you know how, if at all, SoM will interact with the Combat Stamina system? Also I know Adam in the Promo Video said the system will be able to be applied to most of the classes that currently exist, if so do you have any ide how that is going to work? Or is sharing that info currently verboten?
>>
>>51121729
What's that from, anyway? Was there an Utawarerumono sequel?
>>
>>51122477

Two, in fact
>>
>>51122477
There was a prequel, but I havent seen it. The original was based on a VN, so maybe it's a sprite from that.
>>
File: Error.jpg (82KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Error.jpg
82KB, 1440x1080px
>>51122475
#hashtagwhyamIstillawake?
As of the moment, there's not any real interaction; although the idea of possibly using it as another way to regain focus is a possibility.
>>
>>51122528
So what was the thinking behind Focus anyway? What brought it about?
>>
>>51122504
It looks like that's Anju, a character from Itsuwari no Kamen, in the sequel game Futari no Hakuoro.
>>
>>51122549
Turns out Psionic Focus as a mechanic is pretty good, so rename it for martials works out well.

Makes me want to see a Psychic Warrior archetype using both Psionic and Martial focus.
>>
>>51122585

Is it?

http://www.myth-weavers.com/wiki/index.php/Martial_Focus
>>
>>51122600
This is not what we are talking about at all.
>>
File: Red Love.png (105KB, 305x395px) Image search: [Google]
Red Love.png
105KB, 305x395px
>>51122549
We sort of wanted a 'resource' that wasn't going to be spell points. Things would be slightly too static without something like that, although really berserker (once we get to show it off) does some REALLY cool stuff with it.

For me, it's that hard pop to really send things off; I think it was my suggestion, but we're 4 people talking at once.

>>51122585
Psionic Focus was another inspiration since I like that mechanic. If we keep getting people who want the name changed though, we probably will.

Working on the 'street fighter' class now, it's gonna be hype.

God, I hope we get my LG artist on this project...heart eyes...
>>
>>51122585
I presume it was intended as some kind of limiting factor, but we already have Stamina.
>>
>>51122618
>Red Love
That's not a breastplate she's wearing.
>>
>>51122630
>>51122585
Yeah, it would kinda make more sense to at least reuse the Stamina pool.
>>
>>51122618

Are you looking for an artist?
>>
File: Kozue F.jpg (218KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
Kozue F.jpg
218KB, 612x792px
>>51122631
Nah, it's a symbiote.

>>51122660
It's hard to say for that myself since I'm not the lead, but I like getting my pocket artist in on things. Plus I have my own reasons for wanting to diversify the artistic roster of this project...

If you want, you could probably message Adam since he's no doubt looking for the most bomb ass artists he can get for this, we're still at a point where I think we're looking for this, I just love Yuki's art and want it to be my punch girl's designer.
>>
>>51122706
Then why do her stats say she wears a breastplate?
>>
>>51122618
>If we keep getting people who want the name changed though, we probably will.
Given the similarity in mechanics, you should at least change focus to something else like trance or insight. Otherwise people are going to keep making the Psionic Focus rip-off reference.
>>
So me and my group were playing level 6 of Emerald Spire after essentially skipping the water level for not being fun, since unless you're built for it water levels rarely are, and whoo boy is our GM getting sick of this book that was marketed for supposedly being "super hard".

I'm playing a Ranger who's the secondary DPS behind the Barbarian, we have an AC tank dwarven fighter who's next to impossible to hit and a summons/chip wizard that will guaranteedly do SOME damgage each round as long as the opponent has no SR.

I don't know about anyone else but unlike my old days of playing 3.5 encounters with creatures of equal CR to us just aren't a challenge, even though I have automatons as my favored enemy even without that extra to-hit and damage dealt I still deal 1d4+9 with my sling (I wanted to try something new) at a +11 to hit, which for most enemies is MORE than enough to hit as long as I don't roll lower than like, 7, and even if they do have DR I bought adamantine bullets to pierce through that kind of stuff since I got wise to the fact that so many of these guys have DR/Adamant.

My AC is only 22 but very, very few things are going to hit me consistently, and honestly the biggest areas we seem to run into trouble seems to be when there's environmental dangers like in the first couple of floors when everything is dark and difficult terrain, or the water level because water is inherently difficult unless you're built for it.

I dunno, it just seems like these Pathfinder Society guys don't really know how to make things truly difficult unless the people playing are complete fools with their character creation.
>>
File: Swordsman.jpg (159KB, 486x810px) Image search: [Google]
Swordsman.jpg
159KB, 486x810px
>>51122713
Because she presumably wears one in battle, not when hunting down prey.

>>51122714
That's fair, I mean it's basically our psionic focus, but at the same time, the name isn't a big issue for me (as opposed to wanting to keep the boxing sphere called the boxing sphere).
>>
>>51122714
Those are even worse names.
>>
>>51122659
>>51122630
>>51122585
Personally, I kinda like both. Focus creates a sorta Passive vs Dynamic Cash-in system that can be renewed between combat easily, while Stamina is for those "Reach into your reserves of inner strength" dynamic.

Personally, I'd have both, and put in a caveat that after expending focus, you can expend a certain amount of Stamina to regain focus
>>
>>51122743
>(as opposed to wanting to keep the boxing sphere called the boxing sphere)
How about "Pugilism" Sphere?
>>
File: Archer Elf.jpg (123KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Archer Elf.jpg
123KB, 900x1200px
>>51122754
Right now we're still in the early stages of balancing focus, so the ability to get it back that easily might be a bit rough. Maybe stamina + swift action would work, but we're still kicking around the sports circle about it.

>>51122768
That's the proposed name, but I like boxing because of how I envision it, which is Ippo.
>>
>>51122737
>I dunno, it just seems like these Pathfinder Society guys don't really know how to make things truly difficult unless the people playing are complete fools with their character creation
Occam's razor is perfectly accurate here.

This AP is difficult for terribly designed characters.
>>
>>51122528
I'd rather not see the Stamina system get mixed in. That's one more subsystem from one more book I have to deal with. I'd rather one nice neat system that covers what it's supposed to do on its own, preferably not point-based.
>>
>>51121849
This is actually my plan for the next game I run, just to see how it works. Once I see more of SoM, I plan to design a setting around a world where it's nothing but NPC classes, SoP classes, and SoM classes.
>>
>>51122787
Fisticuffs sphere.
>>
On a scale of 1-10 how edgy is turning my arms into giant katana? Because I figured out a way how.
>>
>>51122787
>>51122768
Pankration?
>>
File: Spider.png (2MB, 1319x888px) Image search: [Google]
Spider.png
2MB, 1319x888px
>>51122835
But here's the thing, the first couple of floors were actually legitimately hard! Granted, that's because even though 3/4ths of our party had darkvision we were still practically blind, but friggin Vengeance was much harder than this when we were going through that campaign because the story did things that caused our resources to become strained, and there was little to no ability to just leave an encounter or dungeon until we were able to come back later, refreshed and ready to do battle.

>>51122880
See pic for how edgy that is.
>>
File: Brawler girl 3.jpg (143KB, 912x887px) Image search: [Google]
Brawler girl 3.jpg
143KB, 912x887px
>>51122867
That was our general thought there; we want you to reference as few books as possible, which is why we're also not using Paizo's called shots...also because they're TERRIBLE.

>>51122872
That...isn't terrible.

>>51122894
That involves more than just karate punches. Remember, we have two unarmed spheres, and boxing is more based on counter punches, while open handed is based more on general punch shenanigans.
>>
>>51122894
Pankration is Wrestling, holds, breaks, crushing, twisting, and stuff like that, it would ideally have its own sphere
>>
>>51122868
It seems like that will work very well. It's hard to judge so far, but an armiger seems like it would fit in really well alongside hedgewitches, shifters, and elementalists.
>>
If any of y'all are in the tiny venn diagram of fans of Spellburst Savant and users of Hero Lab, I'm about 75% of the way through getting it and all its archetypes and stuff working in the app, and will probably be submitting it to the community data pack maintainer sometime this week.
>>
File: sitting harpy.jpg (71KB, 584x750px) Image search: [Google]
sitting harpy.jpg
71KB, 584x750px
Tell me about Strix, /pfg/. If given the opportunity, should I play one?
>>
>>51122706

I've never really done any published art for anyone before so I'd like to maybe start somewhere.

How should I get in contact?
>>
Tell me a moment of terror you've had while playing. A moment of horror when you realize there was a very real chance your character wasn't coming out of the next five minutes alive and moments where you felt like an actual hero.

My last one was when me and my party were in a town that was under the control of a werewolf king. We ended up saving the mayor's daughter who was supposed to be killed for sport by the werewolves. In response the werewolves that were still alive (we had killed one) decided to kill the entire village. We didn't know the entire situation at the time, but we realized we had doomed the entire village (the hunt was a 'if you make it to morning you get to back to the village, no one makes it to morning'). We had come into conflict with the werewolves twice already and they knew my character on sight.

We could have easily left from there. Two of our party members wanted to go back to base (we were part of a rebel group) and me and one other wanted to save the village. We convinced them to go back.

I volunteered to distract them. The plan I formulated was the only one I could think of that might kill the werewolves. I stripped out of my armor because I was faster without it. I was an oracle who had Energy Body so I could glow like a torch. Ended up running into the village as the werewolves arrived and antagonized them. They gave chase and I ran into the inn. The rest of the party barred the doors of window with me and the werewolves inside, and then we caught the inn on fire, they tossed as much oil onto the fire as they could find to speed it up.

I managed to survive barely because I knew there was a root cellar that I went into as I was running. One of the werewolves went in after me. I barely managed to kill the werewolf in the cellar as the building burned itself down.

I managed to survive but contracted lycanthropy.
>>
File: Capture.png (630KB, 637x469px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
630KB, 637x469px
>>51121763
>Alchemist
>Get Cognatogen as soon as possible
>Use it almost exclusively to boost your Charisma
>Multiclass as bard for extra party face skills and bardic performance for shits and giggles
>Yfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZkOn0-yt9E
>>
File: Robin.jpg (101KB, 750x960px) Image search: [Google]
Robin.jpg
101KB, 750x960px
>>51122953
Personally, I'd just say through their page:
http://www.dropdeadstudios.com/contact-us/

I'm not sure if I'd suggest this as your first published gig, but I don't know your art, maybe you're awesome and we need you, so I'd try shooting them a portfolio, see what they say.

In non SoM news, for those of you whom were waiting for the Inquisitive Detective, Talented Tactician, and Trickshot Hood, that book is going to layout soon so you'll be able to finally see those archetypes in print!

News on the fate of Gore Fiend and Hellion are still up in the air, but hey, the playtest is slowly being filtered out.

Also there's a feat that I hope sees print in what I sent in that'll make my life better.
>>
>>51122955
Back in my first Pathfinder game ever, my party was fighting the Attic Whisperer encounter in the first module and my fighter nearly got asphyxiated by it with a fucking blanket.

Conversely, I was later able to rip the skull off of said Attic Whisperer with my bare hands a session or two later
>>
I was thinking about doing a 3spooky5me character with an exaggerated love for poisons, skeletons, doomed things, etc, for RotJR, with some combination of medium, occultist, or spiritualist.

Is there anything else you think would go neat with that, other than just dipping into witch? I was thinking of maybe investigator or something else with alchemy/poison stuff...
>>
File: Happy Corrin.jpg (7KB, 204x153px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Corrin.jpg
7KB, 204x153px
>>51122991
Yo, this is just me talking, I just wanted y'all to know that I do appreciate the feedback that you give to my playtests and other such things, and I really do want to take into account the things you want for both SoM and my other projects.

I'll try to keep you updated on SoM, LK 2, #drake99 (the dragon race book), and whatever other jazz I've got going so I can get your feedback and make it even better!
>>
File: kunt.jpg (18KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
kunt.jpg
18KB, 604x453px
>Spend the past 6 hours thinking up and making my character
>Just now it occurs to me that I may have went overboard in the "special snowflake" department and the GM might disapprove of my character, even though he most likely won't say anything
What do I do? I thought the idea was so amazing and creative while I was making it but now I feel like it will be the opposite.

I don't want to say exactly what it is in fear of people taking my idea but just know it might be misconstrued as magical realming if you think about it hard enough even though that's not even close to my intention.
>>
File: 1466945826242.jpg (251KB, 730x780px) Image search: [Google]
1466945826242.jpg
251KB, 730x780px
>Molthune hasn't picked characters yet

When will we be saved from this hell?
>>
>finally get to use my dinosaur wild shape
>the fucking ranger puts his cat in the way
>it gets mind controlled over and over
>tell him i'll fucking kill it if it means i can get to the boss and put same damage on him
>he and three other party members swear to kill me if i even touch the fucking cat
>i bull rush it out of the way
>they attempt to kill me
>DM allows this
>>
File: Meltybirb.jpg (106KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Meltybirb.jpg
106KB, 1000x667px
>>51123074
Same, even though I know mine won't get picked I just want the wait to be over
>>
>>51123076
Wow, your party are faggots.
>>
>>51123043

How Magical are we talking?
>>
File: PRoZc1N.png (10KB, 262x302px) Image search: [Google]
PRoZc1N.png
10KB, 262x302px
>>51123074
Every time you ask that is one step closer to the GM backing out from fear of letdowns, lethargy and spite of demanding applicants.
>>
>>51123043
I feel like your best bet would be to just tone it down your character's snowflakiness, or come up with a central justification as to why your character is the way they are.

Also, a huge tip is to NEVER have the one idea be the central factor of your character's personality, and if you can't find anything now just let natural character development help you build their personality.

My first character was an escape slave Fighter with a chelsea grin and his personality at the start was a flat as a board, but overtime his personality and his background began to flourish, with him wanting to have been a bard when he was growing up but due to being arrested and enslaved by House Thrune/Church of Asmodeus, put that shit behind him until he managed to escape to Varisia.
>>
File: 31849216_p6_master1200.jpg (490KB, 1092x1158px) Image search: [Google]
31849216_p6_master1200.jpg
490KB, 1092x1158px
>>51123074
>>51123095
Let's organize a ritual suicide for everyone who doesn't make it in, okay?
>>
>>51123110
most of the party are cool
but those 4 are all little fucking butt-buddies that made a shared backstory about being adopted brothers
and whenever someone does something one doesn't like, they'll say some shit like "WELL MY BROTHERS AND I...." and then we have to do what they want
>>
>>51123074

Probably tonight or tomorrow night.

>>51123095

Pls no.

>>51123120

For real, I feel so sad already.

>>51123131

For real. Stop it.
>>
>>51122942
Oooh, awesome, that'll make things easier to plan with them.
>>
File: 684539bc4029033ec0ff8b62a8ff8f16.jpg (106KB, 915x1200px) Image search: [Google]
684539bc4029033ec0ff8b62a8ff8f16.jpg
106KB, 915x1200px
>>51123017
Also, pic related for my current inspiration.

Little Witch Academia is the best
>>
>>51123041
>#drake99
Is this a secret code? Perhaps an IRC address?
>>
>>51123162
Them?
>>
>>51123132
Talk to them and the DM about it, odds are if you vocalize about how this dynamic is stifling the rest of the party they might consider toning it down a notch.

If not, you can always go the petty bitch route and just secretly conspire against them. That works too
>>
>>51121763
Tengu Cavalier and his trusty Dire Boar running away from a tribe of orcs that want to cook them as part of some weird prophecy/mating ritual.
>>
>>51123187
Spellburst Savant characters! It's easier to deal with them as a sheet if you've got something that helps you fill it out, and Hero Lab does that.
>>
>>51123188
i already tried, the DM is friends with them and lets them keep doing it.

the game is ending soon, as the DM is apparently just bored of DMing, so oh well.\

i'll just go back to forever DMing myself.
>>
File: drake99.jpg (24KB, 220x313px) Image search: [Google]
drake99.jpg
24KB, 220x313px
>>51123184
This is more of a personal joke than anything. I have a project that I'm working on about a dragon stuff for an undisclosed publisher, and another dev I know always gives his projects codenames, so I decided I would give my project the dumbest possible nickname, thus #drake99
>>
>>51123152
I feel your pain. Every game I've run I've made the application window very short for this reason, though even that feels unfair to people who didn't catch it during the window of opportunity... at least they didn't invest in it.

Ignore the people who just want you to suffer and make a fun campaign!
>>
>>51123200
Any other mostly-self-contained products like SS:R that you'd like to see end up in Hero Lab?
>>
File: big-boss-salute-o.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
big-boss-salute-o.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>51123204
I know how you feel in that regard, dude. I hope you find a better group to play with in the future
>>
>>51122713
Because they're that firm, anon.
>>
File: 1482455557476.png (168KB, 620x550px) Image search: [Google]
1482455557476.png
168KB, 620x550px
>>51123152
>yfw the GM accepts 2hu
>>
>>51123222

I figured with the holidays and classes starting again I would be okay. I was not expecting 28 apps.

>>51123247

iDrive, Staypuft and DHB too!
>>
File: 56654202_p0.png (628KB, 1280x620px) Image search: [Google]
56654202_p0.png
628KB, 1280x620px
>Molthune listing goes down

He did it. The madman actually did it.

The GM flaked out.

Ritual suicide pact, everyone?
>>
>>51123117
By magical realm I mostly meant "That could probably be his fetish to play as that although that's most likely not the case"
Honestly, I'm probably just being too insecure about my idea.
>>51123125
I definitely do have a justification to how they are but that's kind of why I think it's being a special snowflake. If I were to tone down the thing I feel may be a problem, the character just won't be the same at all and less interesting. Perhaps I don't really need an interesting character but my writefag instincts tell me that I do.
>>
>>51123284

It went down because I am picking you dork
>>
>>51123132
>Most of
>Those 4
How many PCs are there?
>>
So me and my buddies were talking after that horrendous Emerald Spire session and we got to thinking, you know what the problem is with spells? Either they're way too incredibly overpowered but if you make the save for it nothing happens, or something moderately damaging happens and making the save merely lowers the effects given. The absolute worst offenders of these in my opinion, especially mid-level when magic users really start to get insane, are things that trigger death effects, you all know the spells I'm talking about, where it's literally just "save or die".

None of this is fun, especially when it's used on you and the character you've spent probably literal months if not years using just DIES because of one failed save, one has to wonder if there's a better way?

The answer I, personally, came up with is to bump up most if not all save-or-dies to level 8 or 9 spell slots, maybe 7 at the absolute lowest, and rework all of the spells below that so that they either work by creating interesting and varied methods of dealing damage or cause different secondary effects so we can finally use more spells than just Fireball and still feel useful when we try to hit something with a spell.

Since most spells that have secondary effects also do less overall damage (as well as weaker versions of the effect given if they make the save, if any at all) this makes spellcasters simultaneously weaker as well as more potentially interesting to use, since you'll still have the options of using the spells that give you flat out big numbers but you can also do more spells that do secondary effects to do battlefield control, which IMO is what spellcasters are there for.
>>
>>51123230
Avowed and Pactmaker, please!
>>
>>51123247
I guess you'd deserve it, Witchhunt Anon.
>>
>>51123298
As a fellow writefag, trust me when I say you need to tone that shit down, because there's a key difference between "interesting" and "compelling"
>>
>>51123298

Well, since you refuse to give specifics, all I can really tell you is to go right ahead with it. It probably won't siphon love from the world merely by existing.
>>
>>51123311
including me? there are 8
>>
File: Catgirl_Wizard.png (7MB, 2560x3620px) Image search: [Google]
Catgirl_Wizard.png
7MB, 2560x3620px
So, I'm working on a pact wizard at the moment, and I've come to the decision point that's tripping me up; the Patron selection.

Anybody have advice on what Patron to go for? Should I go for fluff, or for mechanical effectiveness? I mean I'm already a wizard, after all.
>>
>>51123315
Another thing I was thinking of was that when you really think about it, stuff like SR really makes no sense. "Oh, that guy casted a Fireball, but because of this funky aura around me unless he's a REALLY GOOD WIZARD it won't even make me warm". Therefore, I would propose that instead creatures with SR keep their current numbers, but if the wizard or whomever fails to beat the DC, instead what happens is that the least harmful outcome of the effect of the spell immediately takes place as if they had made the save, or potentially halve that again if it's just raw damage since stuff like that usually requires a Reflex save as well.
>>
/pfg/, what are the best Adventure Paths or Modules/Adventures? All of these meme games have been making me itch to GM something but I'm not sure what's even available for me to adapt, much less what's actually good.

Bonus points for potential lewds
>>
>>51123361
I'm a big fan of Jade Regeant, it has ready made bang mates!
>>
>>51123361
Curse of the Crimson Throne recently came out with an updated book with all 6 modules in it, and in my opinion is extremely solid
>>
>Love Combat Stamina
>Think it's a really neat way to improve the ways fightanpeople can do cool shit
>Paizo never does anything with it
>Even the 3pps never do anything with it

WHY
>>
>>51123361
I hear good things about Rise of the Runelords, Iron Gods, Jade Regent, Carrion Crown, and Curse of the Crimson Throne
>>
File: 1478138235571.png (324KB, 626x686px) Image search: [Google]
1478138235571.png
324KB, 626x686px
>>51123361

Run Hell's Rebels, but replace the shitty NPCs with cute waifus!
>>
>>51123361

Curse of the Crimson Throne is really good, Reign of Winter is great fun if you don't mind weirdness, Rise of the Runelords is a nice standby, and Iron Gods is perfect if your group doesn't hate the idea of sci-fi in their fantasy.
>>
File: 515a73547d95fc642e6402df7e933dce.jpg (270KB, 1814x2099px) Image search: [Google]
515a73547d95fc642e6402df7e933dce.jpg
270KB, 1814x2099px
>>51122240

Would /pfg/ agree that the Shawl of Shadowy Disguise is extremely undercosted for its price?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/shawl-of-shadowy-disguise
>Price 1,350 gp
>While worn, the wearer can hide her appearance as if with a penumbral disguise spell. Onlookers never discern that the wearer was wearing a shawl of shadowy disguise.

It grants the following effect at caster level 5th:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/penumbral-disguise
>conjuration [shadow]
>Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no
>You mask your features with shadowy illumination, gaining a competence bonus equal to your caster level on Disguise checks and Stealth checks attempted while in normal light, dim light, or darkness. In addition, creatures that see you while you are in dim light or darkness are unable to discern any but the most general information about your appearance or actions. For example, they can determine your general shape (such as humanoid), as well as the gist of your actions (such as, “She was trying to break into the store”), but cannot determine your precise actions, your appearance, or any identifying information about you. In bright light, your normal appearance is revealed.

In normal light, dim light, or darkness, you have a +5 competence bonus on Disguise and Stealth checks.
In dim light or darkness, nobody can ever recall meaningful details about you or what you did. This offers no saving throw.
Nobody can ever figure out you are or were wearing a Shawl of Shadowy Disguise either.
This is a conjuration effect, so True Seeing cannot pierce it.

How is this not an incredible purchase for stealthy-types for 1,350 gp? Buy a Palelight Torch for 250 gp, and you can lower normal light to dim light at-will:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/torch-palelight
>>
>>51122240
You could get a Wand of Dancing Darkness for 750 gp

www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/dancing-darkness
>>
>>51123392
>>51123388
>>51123383
>>51123373

Thanks, I'll take a quick look through these!
>>
>>51123388
How well does Carrion Crown work? Trying to do horror in Pathfinder seems... iffy.
>>
>>51123653
In my experience, horror in Pathfinder only works when either a.) all of the players and the DM are mature enough to keep a serious atmosphere, or b.) when the PCs are forced against a monster/antagonist that's extremely overpowered and the players know it

The latter works really well, especially with humanoid villains, because it not only instills fear and a sense of helplessness, but it also helps the players learn that sometimes trying to fight your way through a situation isn't always the best idea.

Also, it lets you be a sadistic fuck
>>
>>51123315
I've said stuff like that pretty often as well. The all-or-nothing nature of spells is one of the problems, as is the "BUT ONLY ONCE A DAY" balancing used on spells when you have a pool of 20+ relevant spells per day by mid levels.

more progressive statuses like the stacking of poison and slow done in FFXIII, as well as less total-debilitations (an example of good debilitators would be agility-downs in skies of arcadia) would alleviate this, while an action-economy-based restriction system greatly simplifies things (see; 3pp kineticists like the Gambler, or the Spellburst)
>>
>>51123357
damage spells are rarely ever the problem. A quartered fireball isn't even a tickle.
>>
>>51123361
Iron Gods is superior.
>>
>>51123907
Tell me why, Anon! Sci-fi stuff appeals to me but what in particular makes it so good?
>>
>>51123868
Another thing I'm considering is the possibility of replacing the missing slots that used to fill save-or-die spells (or similar "save and nothing happens, thus wasting a turn" spells) with spells that impart what I like to call "Temporary ability damage", or nonlethal ability damage for those who like to be pedants.

From my perspective we have 2 ways to lose ability scores, either through permanent removal, which cannot be restored except through stuff like Wish, or through relatively temporary damage which can be slept off in a week or so.

Neither of these options really replicate the effects that I feel lowering an ability score should really have, which in my opinion should be more like making someone exhausted but more weighty in effect. The difference between those other means and this is that with spells like this the effect in question doesn't take a week to go away, but merely minutes per level or even rounds per level for super low-level variants.

Not only does this give spellcasters (or even martials if you incorporate PoW-esque damage dealing effects for people like Rogues or Ninjas who are all about doing crazy stuff with precision damage) yet another route to take down an opponent (I'd make most of these types of spells "save for half" to help with the effectiveness) but it helps a lot too if we implement more counteractive spells that can help heal this damage, or if you don't want to spend the slots to do that then just make do in that fight and take a breather afterwards so that you can get your (sometimes literal) strength back.
>>
>>51123961
unfortunately ability damage (like many status effects actually) is something you do to players, but not often to monsters or even NPCs: there are a *lot* of immunes out there.
>>
>>51123981
And that's honestly a shame, because in my mind debuffs like that are much more common in my personal repetoire of media while save-or-dies just... aren't. Like seriously who would want to watch a show other than maybe GoT where an enemy spellcaster channels a spell and the intended purpose of the spell is that it doesn't even cause any damage to the victim, they just die if they don't tough through it.

That's honestly garbage storytelling and a clear sign that some things from AD&D that need to be retired simply haven't.

Think of it like this, what's more dramatically interesting? Having Darth Sidious's just Force Crush Luke into a paste of having him blast him with lightning over the course of a few painful moments, possibly doing strength damage as well as HP damage since he was obviously weakened enough to only being able to drag Vader to his ship?
>>
> At 1st level, an eldritch archer gains a bonded object as per the wizard's arcane bonded object; it must be a ranged weapon

> Wizards who select a bonded object begin play with one at no cost. Objects that are the subject of an arcane bond must fall into one of the following categories: amulet, ring, staff, wand, or weapon. These objects are always masterwork quality. Weapons acquired at 1st level are not made of any special material.

If I'm reading this right, if I wanted to use a firearm for an Eldritch Archer, I could just start out the gate at level 1 with a Rifle or some other advanced firearm?
>>
>>51123961
Just use SoP. Better than doing a complete overhaul by yourself.
>>
/pfg/, how do you set power levels for small parties? In particular, I'm thinking of running something with either two or three players. Do you throw in gestalt? Really high point buys? All of the above?
>>
>>51124147
Technically, there's nothing stopping you from taking a gravity cannon, outside of the GM swinging a book through your skull.
>>
File: ade62a5a0e7bfcbfa87909959b5be4ca.jpg (386KB, 843x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ade62a5a0e7bfcbfa87909959b5be4ca.jpg
386KB, 843x1500px
Why does Golarion insist on regionally segregating supernatural monsters that have no in-universe reason to be regionally segregated?

Consider kami, oni, rakshasas, genies, and divs, just a few of the many types of outsiders Pathfinder is horrendously bloated with.

The bestiary entries for these monsters suggest that they appear all over the world. Kami guard natural locations everywhere, oni arise from kami everywhere, evil people obsessed with mortal pleasures reincarnate into rakshasa everywhere, the genies of the Elemental Planes could be found journeying anywhere in the mortal world, and divs spawn from genies everywhere.

In terms of world-building, it would be very interesting to tie together this eclectic assortment of cross-cultural creatures into a supernatural ecosystem that applies all over the mortal world.

That is not what happens in the Golarion. Instead, kami and oni can only really be found in not-Japan, rakshasas are segregated into not-India, and genies and divs are relegated only to not-Arabia. It is as if the setting is a patchwork of cultural theme parks (it really is), and creatures of cultural theme park A are seldom allowed to cross the borders and contaminate cultural theme park B. Even when the streams cross, Paizo calls it out as deliberate migration; rather than saying "the Arkonas in Korvosa are rakshasas because rakshasas can arise anywhere," they say "the Arkonas in Korvosa are rakshasas because they took a trip to not-India."

Kami, oni, rakshasas, genies, and divs are only a few examples of this strange regional segregation of creatures. A non-outsider example would be kitsune. There is no reason why they could not arise naturally in Avistan or Garund, but the setting books segregate them squarely to Tian Xia.

Is Paizo really so afraid of the cultural theme parks cross-contaminating each other, resulting in kami and oni naturally spawning in Galt or Osirion, or genies and divs traveling to Minkai or Hwanggot?
>>
>>51124183
It's one of the very very few ways to even get one (armorist and warsoul are the main others; psy-warrior is better using rocket launchers with call weaponry since he can't recharge or ignore reloading) and it's 3d6 force. The infinite telekinesis is the real gem there.
>>
>>51124202
Take it from someone lazier than Paizo -

It is just.

Too.

Much.

Work.
>>
>>51124202
>Why does Golarion insist on regionally segregating supernatural monsters that have no in-universe reason to be regionally segregated?
Because you choose to kawaii post.
>>
>>51124202
There are kitsune populations in Avistan. Read Blood of the Beast.
>>
>>51124202

>Why does Golarion insist on regionally segregating everything

Because that's how theme parks are designed
>>
>>51124202
Because Golarion is Faerune with even more FUCKING EVERYTHING stolen and thrown in.
>>
>reading DHB's unchained fighter
>can get +5 untyped to all saves
>poaches stalwart
>can get 14 skill ranks per level
>bunch of other bullshit
It's like it was written by someone just buttmad about casters.
>>
>>51124234

>Most kitsune have human forms that are ethnically Tian, but on the rare instances when kitsune and humans couple, any offspring are always kitsune, meaning kitsune of other human ethnicities also exist. Even the most common—Varisian and Erutaki kitsune—make up a vanishingly small minority of kitsune on Golarion.

This does not contradict what I said earlier:
>Even when the streams cross, Paizo calls it out as deliberate migration; rather than saying "the Arkonas in Korvosa are rakshasas because rakshasas can arise anywhere," they say "the Arkonas in Korvosa are rakshasas because they took a trip to not-India."

Rather than saying, "Oh, kitsune can naturally arise anywhere," it is "These Avistani kitsune are really just the descendants of kitsune who migrated from Tian Xia."
>>
>>51121960
>Interesting point. Would you not consider fairy tale creatures to be high fantasy? They have certain immortalities/defenses/abilities.
Thematically, I'd say they're closer to horror. That is, more often than not you're not supposed to be able to fight them head-on, instead relying on cleverness and trickery - something Pathfinder can't really emulate.
>>
>>51124314

>Kitsune can spontaneously gestate from any place, at any time. Be very afraid.
>>
>>51124377
Kitsune spontaneously form when the concentration of Furry Energy in a place is too high.

Least that's what /pfg/ has taught me.
>>
So... how does a dragon's breath weapon recharge?

If they roll a 1, can they use it next turn since that's 1 turn later from when they used it? Or is the rolled number the number of turns they aren't able to use it?
>>
>>51124536
In one turn cycle, it is recharged. It will be your turn in one turn cycle, thus it will finish recharging on your next turn and be available.
>>
>>51124179
Expected powerlevel is a myth.
The real answer is that you adjust your encounters to them, wherever they're at.
>>
>>51122706
Please don't let the Spheres of Power artist near this project. I would rather have no art than see that person's art.
>>
>catch myself brewing modern firearm rules for Pathfinder rather than looking at a game designed for such things
I'm trapped in here forever, aren't I?
>>
>>51124789
>party should easily be able to take on this cr7 monster
>it wipes the floor with us
my DM is a confused man
>>
>>51123131
What the hell am I looking at, here?
>>
>>51124810
Is there more to say beyond seconded?

Like, I would pay more for a version without the artwork?
>>
File: Kallen.jpg (478KB, 1112x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Kallen.jpg
478KB, 1112x1500px
>>51124810
>>51124835
...yeah, that's what I was talking about when I said I'd like to diversify the art. I'm not the biggest fan of their art either, which is why I'd like to bring my own people in for this if at all possible. If I can get my LG artist Yuki, I'll be straight in love with it though, although we're still looking over artists right now.
>>
>>51124179
Depends in the party. Somebody once talked about how they were running...Curse of the Crimson Throne I think? Anyway they had a two-man party, a pair of ninjas with maxed stealth that would simply try to avoid any fights they didn't think they could handle. He said it was pretty fun.
>>
>>51124852
I can deal with seeing the SPHERE ART occasionally if the other pieces are good. Even psionics has more bad and okay art than good art. I wish you luck. Your artist has good stuff. The more of her stuff that makes it in, the better.
>>
File: 31939851_p1.jpg (154KB, 859x1532px) Image search: [Google]
31939851_p1.jpg
154KB, 859x1532px
>>51124828
Oh, this is someone's Nechronica character.

That's part of her face, yes.
>>
File: brawler girl 2.png (735KB, 719x819px) Image search: [Google]
brawler girl 2.png
735KB, 719x819px
>>51124871
I'm already campaigning for my own artists (and a few tumblr artists I really like) for this project, so ideally I'll be helping give us a solid roster of better looking art (especially for my god damn punch girl).
>>
>>51124874
What is Nechronica? I'm suddenly apprehensive about googling it.
>>
>>51124902
It's the game of little zombie girls who switch out body parts to gain special abililties.
>>
>>51124893
Hey Jolly, did you not actually go to bed, or did you just not sleep very long?

Also, will it be possible to make a Spheres of Might character that just doesn't need to 'spend' their focus? Just... leave it on all the time?
>>
>>51121763
Cheliaxin tiefling slave who is nothing but muscle and has absolutely no social graces and as such tries to smug through every social encounter because that is how the former masters did it and they seemed to have their lot in life made for them.
>>
File: Mugen_no_Frontier_Aschen_Brodel.jpg (69KB, 500x743px) Image search: [Google]
Mugen_no_Frontier_Aschen_Brodel.jpg
69KB, 500x743px
>>51124893
The world needs more punch girls. Who is your favorite punch girl?
>>
>>51124902
It's by the same people who made Maid RPG, if that soothes you any. The players are zombie lolis and your character building is mostly "what additional body parts does my doll have".

The official art is pretty neat, actually.
>>
>>51124919
My guess is that it will be like psionics in that powerful choices will provide a benefit for keeping focus and a benefit for expending it.
Perhaps also tech for faster recovery or additional foci.
>>
File: Noah.(Agarest.Senki).full.375711.jpg (604KB, 1728x2508px) Image search: [Google]
Noah.(Agarest.Senki).full.375711.jpg
604KB, 1728x2508px
Posting punch girls in a punch girl thread
>>
File: Original Waifu.jpg (190KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Original Waifu.jpg
190KB, 768x1024px
>>51124919
I tried to go to sleep, and then this idea for a new SoM class hit me, and I woke up because I wasn't going to live life without getting it on paper. I'm probably gonna get to sleep now though...hopefully...maybe...

I believe we plan on including some way to get 'faux focus', so you have your focus, but you can also have always on focus benefits.

>>51124923
Pic related, I will always carry a torch for my first punch girl love.

>>51124936
Yes, good.
>>
File: IceElemental.jpg (43KB, 340x487px) Image search: [Google]
IceElemental.jpg
43KB, 340x487px
I know to maximize ICE you go Winter Witch, but are there any player races tied to ICE?

I know Undines get Cold Resistance but there's no ART to make them not water-themed.
>>
>>51124926
>It's by the same people who made Maid RPG, if that soothes you any.

It does, actually. >>51124909's description plus 4chan made me think it was going to be more in line with FATAL.
>>
File: Half-Kitsune.jpg (49KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
Half-Kitsune.jpg
49KB, 1200x600px
>>51124314
>on the rare instances when kitsune and humans couple, any offspring are always kitsune

I always wondered what would happen with a pairing like this. Are there other sources that back this up?
>>
File: Hibiki_Season_2.png (421KB, 703x662px) Image search: [Google]
Hibiki_Season_2.png
421KB, 703x662px
>>51124936
You are a good guy.
>>51124962
Enjoy your sleep. I look forward to seeing how your Spheres will let me pugilize like never before.

I might just run my spheres character out of Brawler or U monk unless the conscript can get big fists like a brawler can.
>>
File: 581deccb2110cdfe335d1589216370e8.jpg (557KB, 1500x1789px) Image search: [Google]
581deccb2110cdfe335d1589216370e8.jpg
557KB, 1500x1789px
>>51124962

If the armiger has proficiency in only light armor, is it supposed to be a Dexterity-based class?

Will Spheres of Might have its own version of Deadly Agility, or its own version of the brutal slayer's Strength-based AC available to the armiger?
>>
Are there any jungle themed APs or adventures? Golarion is actually pretty meh as a setting. I'd much rather play in Eberron and Xendrik seems a good place to adventure.
>>
>>51122419
Critique Anon here, 5 hours late. I'm technically awake though, so if anyone wants feedback on a character just say so and I'll see what I can do.
>>
>>51125055
Serpent's Skull is based in the Mwangi Expanse.
>>
>>51124936
>>
>>51125066
Can you take a look at Kyler?
>>
>>51125016
According to real world legends, human-kitsune offspring are generally humans with occasional fox powers, taught kitsune sorcery by their parents, or are born with other mythical powers, like great strength or size or speed.

For example, the tail "come and sleep" tells a story of this guy who picked up a chick in the fields, and has kids with her, and it's only after that he discovers she's actually a fox when she's scared by an attacking dog. He goes "bitch I don't care about that, come back to bed" and she did for the rest of his life.

The children are talked about as strong and powerful afterwards, but wholly human.
>>
File: 1483265311875.png (768KB, 733x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1483265311875.png
768KB, 733x1000px
>>51125115
>"bitch I don't care about that, come back to bed"
A wise man.
>>
File: come back to bed bae.png (1MB, 1456x1033px) Image search: [Google]
come back to bed bae.png
1MB, 1456x1033px
>>51125115
>>51125123
>come and sleep
In the reign of Emperor Kinmei, a man from Ouno district of Mino province set out on horseback in search of a good wife. In a field he came across a pretty and responsive girl. He winked at her and asked, "Where are you going, Miss?" "I am looking for a good husband," she answered. So he asked, "Will you be my wife?" and, when she agreed, he took her to his house and married her.

Before long she became pregnant and gave birth to a boy. At the same time their dog also gave birth to a puppy, it being the fifteenth of the twelfth month. This puppy barked constantly at the mistress and seemed fierce and ready to bite. She became so frightened that she asked her husband to beat the dog to death. But he felt sorry for the dog and could not bear to kill it.

In the second or third month, when the annual quota of rice was hulled, she went to the place where the female servants were pounding rice in a mortar to give them some refreshments. The dog, seeing her, ran after her barking and almost bit her. Startled and terrified, she suddenly changed into a wild fox and jumped up on top of the hedge.

Having seen this, the man said, "Since a child was born between us, I cannot forget you. Please come always and sleep with me." She acted in accordance with her husband's words and came and slept with him. For this reason she was named "Kitsune" meaning "come and sleep."

Slender and beautiful in her red skirt (it is called pink), she would rustle away from her husband, whereupon he sang of his love for his wife:

Love fills me completely
After a moment of reunion.
Alas! She is gone.

The man named his child Kitsune, which became the child's surname—Kitsune no atae. The child, famous for his enormous strength, could run as fast as a bird flies. He is the ancestor of the Kitsune-no-atae family in Mino province.
>>
File: Half-Kitsune child.png (71KB, 232x234px) Image search: [Google]
Half-Kitsune child.png
71KB, 232x234px
>>51125115

In my home setting, I had it where a human and kitsune paring could make a full kitsune, half-kitsune, or full human with fey qualities.

Kitsune were mostly a small population of royalty in one city-state. They often had to use humans to maintain gene pool and population. A simple enchantment ritual done during conception would allow full kitsune to result. Obviously, this would be easier for kitsune women to do, since for men they would have to keep a human woman around for nearly a year.

Kitsune that ran off to live in human settlements would need to fully integrate. Thus, any offspring in this situation would need to be human. They would have some fey aspects to them, but that's pretty normal for humans.

Half-kitsune (fox-eared people) were a huge problem, however. They revealed the existence of kitsune, and thus any kitsune that saw a fox-eared person would instinctually kill them.

Now, of course, fox-eared people are really cute, so with them comes opportunity. A particularly evil kitsune emperor bred half-kitsune and sold them as slaves to other nations. This would generate plenty of money, sure, but the main reason was control. He could black mail any of his customers, and he had the slaves under heavy enchantment allowing him to flip a switch and turn them into killing machines. His customers didn't even need to be willing. He often set up people to "find" them, knowing they would care for the children, but would put on his records that they paid for them.
>>
>>51125232
Oops. Forgot to include how half-kitsune were made. Half-kitsune come if the kitsune is in true form during conception and does not do the enchantment to make full kitsune.
>>
Is Channel Smite worth it with only 10 CHA?
>>
>when the party unironically think they're the good guys despite being evil fucks that torture and murder people constantly
>>
>>51125279
>10 Cha

What kind of shitty Paladin are you?
>>
>>51125279

Are you channeling negative or positive?
>>
>>51125104
Kyler Aeshilde

The Good) Kyler's personality makes sense to us. She's a bit of a bumpkin, with everything that entails. Honesty, enthusiasm, naivete, a little bit of ignorance mixed with a whole lot of good nature.
The Great) Hello Monomyth. A Hero's Journey starts with two steps, Call to Adventure, and Supernatural Aid. Peepers helps Kyler accomplish this in a quick little two step, leaving her perfectly on the third step; the Threshold.
The Bad) Peepers, for all the merit he adds to Kyler's tale, also dominates her backstory. Now this makes sense, since she's the youngest applicant, and therefore has the least time prior to the story, but the chance remains for Peepers to end up with more stake in the narrative than Kyler.
The Weird) The inclusion of the longsword. I can see the reason for it, and how it can be a source of guilt. It's harder to defend theft than running away. Still, it takes up more than 10% of the backstory, and given how smooth the rest of the backstory reads, this stands out to me.

It's quite possible that I'm not as cognizant as I think I am, so I'm going to take a look at this in a few hours, just to make sure I'm not completely off the rails.
>>
File: 54325033_p0.png (3KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
54325033_p0.png
3KB, 256x256px
>>51125285
Alignment cognitive dissonance games are the worst. Remember, though; In Pathfinder, you detect as evil if your intentions are evil. The next time someone thinks of torture or murder, make a paladin or inquisitor detect him as evil and smite the shit out of him.

"YOU DETECTED AS EVIL, FIEND. SMITE."

It's super funny to turn their own stuff against them.
>>
>>51125279
Channel Smite isn't worth it even with high charisma. It's good if you're going for Guided Hand, though.

If you want to add channel damage to your weapon, the Conductive weapon enchantment with either either a Paladin or a Warpriest is better.
>>
>>51125295
I appreciate it. Admittedly, the longsword is almost entirely because I couldn't resist taking the chosen one trait to go with my chosen one archetype.
>>
File: IMG_0263.png (2MB, 1279x780px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0263.png
2MB, 1279x780px
I still want to marry Shelyn!
>>
>>51123168
Such fucking slut eyes
>>
>>51123383
Fuck, I really want the anniversary edition.
>>
>>51125248
>Half-kitsune come if the kitsune is in true form during conception
They were fucking foxes?
>>
File: Morgan (smaller).png (122KB, 258x259px) Image search: [Google]
Morgan (smaller).png
122KB, 258x259px
>>51125371
Yes. They were fucking humanoid furry foxes. Very rare to happen. Usually both were drunk, though there was a particular person who loved his kitsune wife for who she was.
>>
File: 48334339_p0.png (350KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
48334339_p0.png
350KB, 600x1000px
>>51125397
Why are you up this late q

Go to bed
>>
>>51125290
The kind that's a Cleric

>>51125291
Positive, but there's theoretically mummies afoot in Mummy's Mask.
>>
>>51125302
Huh. So what's good, then? Just concentration shit like combat casting, uncanny concentration, and warrior priest?
>>
>>51125397
Oh, right, pathfinder kitsune are full furry in true form, as opposed to youkai kitsune or mythological japanese kitsune.
>>
>>51125424

Yeah, some of those feats and using cure spells in melee is a pretty solid idea. The enemy's DC to half the damage would be keyed off wisdom so it wouldn't be as shitty.
>>
>>51125424
Also, Quick Channel to channel as a move action. You can do that and hit mummies with a melee weapon.
>>
File: 1409075246145.png (618KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1409075246145.png
618KB, 1366x768px
>>51125017
>You are a good guy.
For whom?
>>
File: 17137e91f0a817681b4d82e3525aeb3c.jpg (184KB, 817x1200px) Image search: [Google]
17137e91f0a817681b4d82e3525aeb3c.jpg
184KB, 817x1200px
>>51125016
That's Ran. She's a full kitsune.
>>
>>51125115
>that filename
I lost.
>>
>>51125457
>>51125453
Cool. That does sound better. Two bites at the apple instead of one risky big one.
>>
>>51125115
>the tail "come and sleep"
>the tail

??????????
>>
File: 95876052b82aedf08ed1d3ba47790842.jpg (213KB, 1480x1272px) Image search: [Google]
95876052b82aedf08ed1d3ba47790842.jpg
213KB, 1480x1272px
>>51125180
>He winked at her and asked, "Where are you going, Miss?" "I am looking for a good husband," she answered. So he asked, "Will you be my wife?" and, when she agreed, he took her to his house and married her.

Why can't we have relationships like these in Golarion?

Or the real world?
>>
File: half kitsune.png (375KB, 805x556px) Image search: [Google]
half kitsune.png
375KB, 805x556px
>>51125523
The picture accurately depicts half kitsune, though.

Here's another example of such.
>>
File: parsee bedhead.png (84KB, 323x382px) Image search: [Google]
parsee bedhead.png
84KB, 323x382px
>>51125536
There may have been a spelling error. I may need more sleep.
>>
File: 60746081_p0.png (748KB, 822x1800px) Image search: [Google]
60746081_p0.png
748KB, 822x1800px
>>51125232
>Now, of course, fox-eared people are really cute, so with them comes opportunity. A particularly evil kitsune emperor bred half-kitsune and sold them as slaves to other nations.
That's not justice to cute.
>>
File: parsee bed depressed.png (74KB, 269x298px) Image search: [Google]
parsee bed depressed.png
74KB, 269x298px
>>51125546
>>
>>51125523
Oh, I'm sure in her lore she is. By my setting's standards, she isn't.

Thanks for the full picture, anon.
>>
File: 31050223_p0_master1200.jpg (146KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
31050223_p0_master1200.jpg
146KB, 566x800px
>>51125546
Half-kitsune conceal the sexy high heels they wear?
>>
>>51123361
Rise of the Runelords is good if a bit standard, Crimson Throne is an excellent urban campaign, Reign of Winter and Iron Gods are very good if you don't mind Slavic fairytales/weird shit for the first and fantasy+Sci-Fi for the second, Hell's Rebels requires some NPC and plot rewriting in the first 3 books, but after that it's very cool and easy to customize.
Stay away from Second Darkness(continuous bait and switch on what the plot is), Council of Thieves (bad Hell's Rebels), and Serpent Skull(just a clusterfuck).
>>
>>51125546
Thank you, Anon, for the strong case.

>>51125564
Yeah, it was a bit of fan disservice going into the horrid details of it all.
>>
>>51121729
>Spheres of Might
Let's see. What I expect: 'You can throw waterbaloons as long as you concentrate on them for free. If you instead expend one martial point, everything in 100 mile radius dies.'
>>
File: 010d05907c3efd1babf2458387c09b88.jpg (240KB, 1000x1757px) Image search: [Google]
010d05907c3efd1babf2458387c09b88.jpg
240KB, 1000x1757px
>>51124893
N. Jolly using Ragnarok Online art? Pinch me I'm dreaming :U
>>
>>51125596
Oh, and for modules Dragon's Demand is a very good "DM/Player's first mini-campaign"
>>
>>51125599
>disservice
Why WOULDN'T you play a sexy kitsune slave assassin in Pathfinder?
>>
File: 1470846218137.gif (199KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
1470846218137.gif
199KB, 500x326px
>>51125601
Which has more overrated "balance," Path of War or Spheres of Power?
>>
>>51125631
>you can't just satisfy your sexual urges with your cat (male).jpg
>>
>>51125624
My players at the time were very lawful good, so the idea of highly brainwashed child slaves wasn't pleasant to them. Timing wise and due to other complications, none of the slaves were over 10 years old, so there's that, too.
>>
>>51125631
That is some loaded bait, anon. Here's your (you).
>>
File: 1481460733524.png (988KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1481460733524.png
988KB, 1200x1500px
>>51125631
Balance is overrated, but verisimilitude is important to keep in mind.
If you're playing a LotR-esque setting (don't, but if you do) then having the Book of Weeaboo Fightan Magic available to you breaks that immersion.

All that said, I think the classes in PoW are bloated and, quite frankly, terrible in most respects- but then again that can be said for Pathfinder in general. (Not trying to be a dick- I have genuinely enjoyed some Pathfinder experiences, but I think that was a testament to the DM more than it was the system itself- Also Iron Gods is rad as fuq)
>>
So, does this sound completely stupid for a homebrew campaign that takes place after Reign of Winter and Iron Gods canonically (assuming that both of them were a success instead of Golarion being destroyed):

A trusted spy of Rasputin is able to divine through the usage of magic that the communists would topple the tsardom two decades before it happened decides to ensure himself a safe haven in America by giving them the secrets of interplanetary and interplanar travel, magic and other supernatural things that are common place in the universe. The big bad government is very intrigued by this and give the reigns over to a general to oversee the development of supernatural means of war. Once the events of Reign of Winter goes through the spy skips over to good ol' US soil and helps with the first interplanetary jump from Earth's side. They land in Numeria where they manage to, at the cost of dozens of lives, secure some weapon technology from ruins as well as convert some Technic League members to their cause. With some more years and more experts joining in on this, the general decides that now is a good time to try out their newest patch of high tech soldiers armed with abjuring armor that makes them tougher against any form of magic and supported by newly trained wizards and catholic clerics. They send out small scouting parties to Taldor that over the course turn into a small invasion force, which leads to the players having to go to Earth and find and shut down their means of transporting the army while allying with native Americans, communist spies, angry devils who got duped in their contracts and discarded US soldiers with Numerian tech in their brains.
>>
>>51125683
>If you're playing a LotR-esque setting (don't, but if you do) then having the Book of Weeaboo Fightan Magic available to you breaks that immersion.
How do Ex. disciplines break immersion?
>>
File: 1483145184358.jpg (575KB, 1162x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1483145184358.jpg
575KB, 1162x1500px
>>51125686

1) Why would the Technic League defect? Usually defectors do so as a power play, but it sounds like Rasputin and his group are at a significant disadvantage. Wouldn't make much sense unless they converted them out of fanaticism.
2) Rasputin was Orthodox, not Catholic- big difference (like actually huge)
3) Where is the new Iron God in all of this? Even though they're transcendent they are still quite terrestrial. She's not gonna let shit like this slide regardless of the alignment given to her.
>>
>>51125601
What I got: fucking nothing, fucking nothing, a trick for warsoul with doom lazor.
>>
File: tumblr_nsdvh0F1qp1r4rtrbo1_500.png (86KB, 462x589px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsdvh0F1qp1r4rtrbo1_500.png
86KB, 462x589px
>>51125724
>Cartwheel Axe Kick Strike Make an Acrobatics check and move 10-ft. to or from adjacent enemy, unarmed strike inflicts an additional 2d6 damage.

Because LotR is not Wu Xia. And to be fair to you and myself: you can go through a case-by-case basis with these abilities to see which ones jive the best with your settings, but you're going to end up with some very unhappy players when they hear "Book is open but I have to comb through your character sheets every time you take a new move"

I'm not saying you can't, I'm saying tread lightly.
>>
>>51125728
Well it's not Rasputin anymore but his confidant, but
1. It's low ranking members allowed into a more prestigious position more easily for minimal amount of effort and get their hands on tech that even the Technic league doesn't have (despite it being less advanced).
2. The clerics are from American
3. Haven't thought of that yet, just got the basic premise down. Was thinking of having as an extra religion and have a small cult on Earth that was brought there by some of the scouts.
>>
>>51125683
>If you're playing a LotR-esque setting (don't, but if you do) then having the Book of Weeaboo Fightan Magic available to you breaks that immersion.
If you're playing a LotR-esque setting, 95% of all Pathfinder material is immersion breaking.
>>
>>51125752
>Wuxia invented to concept of a roundhouse kick and only people in anime land can do them.
People in Lord of the Rings have legs don't they.

Besides, Pathfinder works poorly for shit like LotR eqsque settings anyway.
>>
File: tumblr_oic3nuGQ311tb8cbpo2_1280.jpg (642KB, 999x1463px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oic3nuGQ311tb8cbpo2_1280.jpg
642KB, 999x1463px
>>51125766
My apologies, must have skimmed hard
1. Fair enough, I can buy that for a GP
2. Once more, my apologies for skimming
3. If I may make a suggestion, I think having the new Iron God be a LN proxy deity of Brigh would work out the best. Golarion has a variety of deities that aren't nearly as singular as you might think (Abadar/Irori for example), so if you have it as I suggested then the Iron God would A) have the hands-off approach that Brigh has and B) would make for an impacting, yet impartial, NPC. Just don't give her stats or your players will try to stab her.

>>51125771
This guy knows what's up

>>51125772
Did you not see the part where the character flies 10 feet to their target? It's not a chuck noris roundhouse kick is Chun Li on steroids.

And I didn't mean Pathfinder, to be clear: I meant the setting your game takes place in. LotR may have been a bum example, but it could easily be said for Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog
>>
>>51125752
>Because LotR is not Wu Xia.
>Legolas shield surfing
>Not wuxia
>>
File: Gingersnap Witch.jpg (556KB, 1280x1542px) Image search: [Google]
Gingersnap Witch.jpg
556KB, 1280x1542px
>>51125841
I must have missed that part in the books

That's a lie, I don't read- I said before it was a flawed example, so let me cake some makeup on it:
Wouldn't it have been nice if Arya Stark had the Cartwheel Axe Kick when Ned was on the chopping block?
>>
>>51125859
no because muh honor fags like ned are boring
>>
>>51125816
I'll take that under consideration. Thanks for your two coppers, anon.
>>
>>51125884
Ha! I like you. Honor without valor is meaningless, it's like a house doused in gasoline with no match.

>>51125889
Glad to help, I love Iron Gods (probably the best thing Paizo's ever published if I'm honest) and I think your pitch has merit.
>>
running crimson throne today for the first time, how far should i expect to get in 2 hours?
>>
Sell me on Hwanggot, /pfg/!
>>
>>51126025
>is generally considered to be a land of peace, understanding, and diplomacy.
Pfft, no fuck that noise- peace is boring. Growth (in any sense of the word) only comes through the three "C"s: Conflict, Competition, and Compromise. Compromise that arises without Conflict or Competition leads to a weak state/persona
>>
>>51121871
I ran a horror game when the PCs were level 7. Why do you say it can't?
>>
File: ea211a022ed8a9a2bbf27fdfee043daf.png (391KB, 800x1050px) Image search: [Google]
ea211a022ed8a9a2bbf27fdfee043daf.png
391KB, 800x1050px
>>51126084
>one of Tian Xia’s greatest producers of artwork, exotic foodstuffs, sweets, tea, and opium.
They make drugs mang.

>However, as the aged queen slowly recedes into the background, there is some concern that the transition following her inevitable death may not be as smooth as might be hoped, for Princess Geon-ji seems strangely restless and aggressive for a member of that proud family line. Rather than adopt the traditional role of diplomacy against Hwanggot’s greatest current enemy, Bachuan, the princess instead ordered the erection of a network of mammoth stone fortresses along the Shuidao River—the border the two countries share. Government agents work night and day to explain and disprove rumors that Hwans have been captured by Bachuan agents who have infiltrated Hwanggot, and that the captives have been tortured or even transformed into undead assassins to be sent back into the Kingdom of Flowers to spread misery.
>yfw she's secretly a bloodthirsty kumiho

>Chang Liao Jungle: While the edges of the Chang Liao Jungle are regularly harvested for lumber, the interior is another matter. Within its deepest places are isolated tribes known collectively as the Sunsu Godae. These isolated Tian-Hwans adhere to Hwanggot’s primitive warlike practices of the ancient past. The Sunsu Godae are extraordinarily hostile to outsiders (their reaction to intrusion by other Tian-Hwans is only slightly less hostile than their reaction to encounters with Tian-Shus, and other unwary explorers foolish enough to fall into their hands are known to suffer terrible tortures concocted by a people of startling cruelty. As despised as the Sunsu Godae might be, the people of civilized Hwanggot secretly admire their savage kin, for the Sunsu Godae have long made the depths of the Chang Liao Jungle dangerous for foreign armies to traverse.
>>
File: 1482541178887.png (435KB, 1023x858px) Image search: [Google]
1482541178887.png
435KB, 1023x858px
>yfw you aren't picked for Molthune

What was that about ritual suicide again?
>>
>>51126209
>What was that about ritual suicide again?
You type "I won't turn pfg into gamefinder thread again" until you die from bleeding from your fingers.
>>
>>51123302
Motherfuuuucker I was gonna put in a last minute character. Oh well, my own damn fault.
>>
>>51123459
Thats really neato.
>>
File: 1471967556496.png (1MB, 1165x1654px) Image search: [Google]
1471967556496.png
1MB, 1165x1654px
>>51126195

What the fuck, anon.

Where are you getting these paragraphs of text.
>>
>>51126325
Ah, guess there's still time.
>>
>>51126209
The characters are still being picked, there's still 2 days to apply.
>>
File: 1456620812569.png (10KB, 320x310px) Image search: [Google]
1456620812569.png
10KB, 320x310px
>>51126209

>yfw you aren't picked for Rise of the Jade Regent
>>
File: 1480931762831.jpg (59KB, 300x412px) Image search: [Google]
1480931762831.jpg
59KB, 300x412px
>>51126209
>>51126499
>mfw I'm not picked for the dragon game

https://my.mixtape.moe/hpdcmg.webm
>>
File: 1448927649887.png (13KB, 555x407px) Image search: [Google]
1448927649887.png
13KB, 555x407px
>>51126507

Anon please, the Dragons game isn't something worth doing *that* for.
>>
>>51126507
hahaha oh wow that is anime character-tier
>>
File: d4008d86c663afc48e4c28bf8bc59cc1.png (433KB, 731x1050px) Image search: [Google]
d4008d86c663afc48e4c28bf8bc59cc1.png
433KB, 731x1050px
>>51126537
Let's talk about lighter topics.

What should a kumiho from Hwanggot be like?

>Tian-Hwans hold to traditional notions of distinct male and female roles, which may differ from those of other societies. For example, a greater proportion of Tian-Hwan warriors, generals, and scholars are female, with male roles among the Tian-Hwan tending toward professions like farming, craftsmanship, and artistic pursuits. Colors play a key role among the Tian-Hwans, and several have specific meanings. Red, for example, is generally thought of as an unlucky color because of its association with blood, while yellow is associated with protection against evil spirits and green symbolizes prosperity and peace.
>>
File: 1463923826008.jpg (2MB, 2000x1417px) Image search: [Google]
1463923826008.jpg
2MB, 2000x1417px
>>51126553
Which anime characters?
>>
File: Seras.png (650KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
Seras.png
650KB, 960x539px
>>51126593
whoever this guy is, i'd say
>>
>>51126568

She'd spend long hours serenading a cute boy into bed, and then tear his heart out the most delicious, evil way.

Seven years of marriage, two children, and a drawn-out divorce.
>>
>>51126642
What about his liver?

>Whenever a kumiho eats the heart or liver of a creature with an Intelligence score of at least 3, they do not age for one day. This effect is cumulative.

>Whenever you use your bloody fist rage power, you can eat the organ you rip out as a free action, gaining temporary hit points equal to your character level that last for one day or until used.
>>
http://veekyforums.com/thread/51121729/games/pathfinder-general-pfg.html

What the heck is this, /pfg/?

What is this??????
>>
>>51126680

Liver, heart, as long as the Kumiho's ruining her ex-husband without consequence than it's aces in her book.

Abuse and discrimination occur in Patriarchy, why should a Matriarchy be any different?
>>
>>51121763
I am playing an elven paladin of Erastil in Kingmaker. Its fun!
>>
>>51125295
I would also appreciate a deconstruction of Shoarn if you're interested in some relatively lengthy reading.
>>
>>51125295
I'd equally appreciate if you'd run your deconstruction Amandia's direction, as I am trying to comb over every detail I can think of, but feel as though I don't quite see what to fix.
>>
How does one optimize guns? I keep hearing stuff about how guns are subpar compared to bow and arrows and also how gunslingers are a shit class

So how?
>>
>>51126804
>He doesn't know about veekyforums
>>
>>51127154
Built in critical failures that only scale up with "better" ammo.
Lack of range, feat support, class support.
Obscenely expensive for effectiveness.
Difficulty in having the GM ameliorate the above, even tho the rules to do so exist in some regards.
The problem with guns is that they are basically a bosskiller. They will destroy a single target when it matters, but are likely to turn on you.
>>
>>51125295

I'd love it if you deconstructed Casimir, I've got some time between now and Sunday I'd really like to spend fine-tuning the character with some solid advice!
>>
>>51126804

Automatically created false forum post done by a webcrawler that copies 4chan
>>
>>51125859
>I must have missed that part in the books
>using the fact that Tolkien did not describe combat in ANY fashion, in any of his works outside the broadest terms as an argument
Anon, that is bullshit and you know it.
Regardless, you are getting too hung up on the verbatim description, which seems to be a thing for Pathfags and 3.5 grogs.
Never had that problem in 4e, but then it told you outright that the fluff means shit and can be whatever you want within reason, so long as it is still resolved the same mechanically.
>>
>>51127208
Well, I got the opportunity to claim an advanced gun as loot and they actually have good ammo sizes too. Since the game allows multiple characters, I was thinking of making a gun-wielder but wonder if its worth the trouble

It's a choice between a revolver to make a Revolver Ocelot or a rifle to make a Simo Hayha
>>
File: DaS Keep Me Posted.jpg (121KB, 359x305px) Image search: [Google]
DaS Keep Me Posted.jpg
121KB, 359x305px
>>51125295
Is critiqueanon the hot new meme? Because I'm down for that. I'd like to see someone actually point out flaws in Etan, because the last time I remember anyone genuinely giving critique was when he was still a NEET Tiefling in his grand-niece's attic.
>>
>>51126891
>>51127221
>>51127074
>>51127303
Shoarn, Amandia, Casimir, Etan. I can't promise how much I'll get done, but I'll try to pick one or two apart today.
>>
Is it worth it to take Battle Scout on a Ranger? Gives up favored enemy which I'm fairly loathe to do but I also can't predict what enemies there might be in Molthune (except humans) and it fits thematically.
>>
File: MaleRogue01.jpg (197KB, 799x990px) Image search: [Google]
MaleRogue01.jpg
197KB, 799x990px
>>51127382
Any excuse to get myself bullied is good, critiqueanon. Take as long as you like.
>>
>>51127451

Oh anon, we'll bully you as often as we can!
>>
>>51127233
But, for what purpose?!
>>
>>51126804
>What is this??????
>Disable AdBlock to view this page
No idea.
>>
>>51127635
It's for free ad revenue.
>>
Is Inspired Blade worth using over standard Swashbuckler if you like the idea of just using rapiers, or is it just far too focused to be effective?
>>
>>51127727

What the heck is this post even supposed to mean, you nerd?
>>
>>51127250
Ya caught me, even though I said in that same post "I don't read" so gj pointing out what we all knew?

I invite you to give me an interpretation of that exact mechanic that isn't laughable within the context of, let's say, the Discworld setting.
>>
>>51127871
>jump and hit dude really hard
>NO IT HAS TO BE EXACTLY AS-WRITTEN!
>>
Reminder that the Silmarillion is weeb as fuck
>>
>>51127871
You're an idiot, you know that? The Discworld setting is based on absurdities, and a flying kick is no less ridiculous than a hundred other things in that series.
>>
>>51127958

No it isn't, it's a mythopoetic work written in the influences of Greek, Finnish and Celtic mythology with a healthy dash of Christian biblical.

Calling the Silmarillion "weeb" is like saying Japanese Shinto is *totally* just a rip of Gaelic beliefs and Druidism.
>>
>>51127969
Only for a hero, and most people trying that in the discworld will get punched in the nuts by a "dirty" fighter, quoting "the marquis of bloody fantailler? pull one of the others, it's got bells on"
>>
>>51128059
Would a flying kick be laughable within Discworld. If it happened would you put down the book and say "That's just ridiculous," or would you accept it and keep reading?
>>
>>51128054
>>51127958

Like, do you think Eru Ilúvatar and his choir of Valar singing the Universe into existence is "weeb" or "anime?"

Hell fucking no, it's based on Christian cosmology that believed in a "Universal Harmony" also known as a "Music of the Spheres," that Creation is structured and harmonized in proportion and thus exhibiting characteristics of music.
>>
>>51127884
Strawman, even though errbody can see what I wrote and know that's not even remotely what I said.
Jump 10 feet in any direction? Yikes, that's a stretch.

>>51127969
I've no idea why people are so mad at a simple question- either answer it or go back to sucking dicks, your choice friend

>>51128096
If it was at the specific measurement of 10 feet (which is the mechanic, not the fluff) then I might raise an eyebrow yeah. You're not even really making an argument, you're just flailing about desperately trying to avoid answering a very simple question. I've even put it on easy mode for you because there's no wrong answer- yet you still avoid it like the plague

Are you feeling well?
>>
>>51128102
>>51128054
You misunderstand what I mean by weeb, especially considering how its used, and sound autistic as fuck.

By "weeb", I mean full of high-powered over the top MGR/DMC level combat.
Like wrestling dragons the size of mountains, and other things that the LotR fag up thread was saying is too "wuxia" for pathfinder games
>>
>>51128171
>He possesses physical abilities which defy physics, and has been known to perform feats such as stabbing through all layers of clothing but stopping before hitting flesh, doing the same thing but with eyelids instead of clothing and eyes instead of flesh, flipping on thin air, and killing so fast he appears to be a blur, all of which he will do without any notice or provocation.
>>
>>51128171
>jump 10 feet in any direction
>a stretch when the PCs are likely beyond normal human capabilities at level fucking 3
>it's okay when any magic user can wiggle their fingers and shit fire, but a "martial" jumping 10 feet to hit someone is bad

I don't even like PoW, but you're going full retard
>>
>>51128184

Well you used the wrong word for it, "weeb" carries all sorts of connotations that honestly aren't present in Lord of the Rings.

>>51128184
>By "weeb", I mean full of high-powered over the top MGR/DMC level combat.

There's words for that, you know, "mythical" or "epic."

"Mythical" is Hercules slaying the Nemean Lion, a creature with an invulnerable hide who was vulnerable only to bludgeons. "Epic" is Beowulf tearing off the arm of Grendel.
>>
>>51128096
It depends. There was a bunch of old heros who could have pulled off a flying kick, but most people fighting would have got kicked in the nads.

So, it'd have been 'realistic', in that someone could try it, but it'd be seen as bloody stupid and a suboptimal move. One would laugh and continue to read.

In game terms anyone who's not level 20 doing a flying kick would get hit by an AoO and their attack cancelled, and then ruthlessly mocked by NPCs for doing something so stupid.
>>
>>51128171
Monks literally do the same thing except they're worse at it. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>51125631
Well, PoW doesn't even pretend at balance, so, probably PoW. SoP really does knock out basically all of Tier 1, and it makes casters less likely to be able to cherry pick game breaking spells.
>>
File: what the heck is veekyforums.png (51KB, 780x930px) Image search: [Google]
what the heck is veekyforums.png
51KB, 780x930px
>>51127676
>>What is this??????
>>Disable AdBlock to view this page
>No idea.
It's freakin' me out, man.
>>
>>51128282
>Because it says "kick" in the name it HAS to be a flying kick
>This is despite the fact it's a Broken Blade maneuver and can thus mean any Monk or Close weapon, including "lunging in or out with a gauntleted fist", "backstepping after a quarterstaff smack", or "running-smash with a shield bash".
>>
>bump limit
>page 7

activate it
>>
>>51128599
Certain Broken Blade manuvers call out using unarmed strikes only, regardless of weapon.

Cartwheel Axe kick is one of them.
>>
What makes a backstory good in your opinion?

I've been trying for the better part of a month to get something down for RotJR but I'm having the fiercest case of writers block/self consciousness. Everything I write either turns out to be too long, too bland, or too generic.
>>
New Thread:

>>51128711
>>51128711
>>51128711
>>
>>51128314
It's one of those sites that copypastes 4chan threads into an usual forum format, generating random usernames.
>>
>>51128693
Well, how are you putting together your character? Story, then build? Or build, then story?
>>
>>51128693

Posting a response to this in the new thread!
>>
>>51128774
I usually think about story as I'm making the build. It's just that when I try to write something down I either hit upwards of 900 words or get somewhere around 500 but leave out a ton of what I feel is important.
>>
File: 1191594436072.jpg (65KB, 424x358px) Image search: [Google]
1191594436072.jpg
65KB, 424x358px
>>51123247
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 91

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.