[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 369
Thread images: 42

File: cyber-pirates.jpg (240KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
cyber-pirates.jpg
240KB, 1280x960px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to MiamiNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>51099904
>Morgan_Cutlass_2075_Manual.knwsft
>Cyberpirates_of_the_Caribbean.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 305 (78.6% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'OH GOD HELP ME THE GATOR SHAMANS GOT ME'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running the_beach_episode.BTL...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Hometown future fantasy edition
>>
How'd your last run go?
>>
How hard is it to adapt the classic adventure modules to 4th or 5th edition?

I'm thinking about running the classics like Queen Euphoria and Universal Brotherhood, but I don't think my players would really go for using 1E rules.
>>
>>51123403
Pretty damn well. It was years ago when 4th came out.

It was a "simple" job about obtaining a crate labelled "rifle parts." My memory is hazy 'cause I was in college and very sleep-deprived at the time but highlights I remember were:
>it started with my face tied to a chair
>it somehow led to the whole team fighting a cyberzombie
>we had no street samurai
>our adept shot a helicopter down with a pistol
>our infiltrator detonated an entire building to cover our escape
My vague memories of it all do however bring up a feeling that makes me think that all in all it was pretty fucking cool. Ever since I've been trying to start a game with my friends, even if I have to be the first GM in the group for months.
>>
>>51123476
>SR4
>our adept shot a helicopter down with a pistol
Yep.
>>
So who here actually increases the suggested rewards to compensate for shadowrun's weird ass no character improvement system, and by how much?
>>
>>51123518
I just tell my players that the journey is the real reward.
>>
GM here, about to start a new 4e game in two weeks.
One of my players, who has never played a tabletop RPG before, or even heard of Shadowrun before we talked about it, is dead set on playing a technomancer.

I walked him through a brief explanation of the matrix and what a Technomancer is, then we created a character in chummer.
The character is shit and unoptimized as fuck, I tweaked it a little with his approval, but left it mostly the same, it's his first time playing, i'm not gonna tell him what he can and cant do.

However, my issue is that I believe a technomancer to be a bit of a struggle to learn how to play as a new player, especially one who's never heard of the setting before.

Any ideas how I can ease him into the role during the first session?
Any trivial, but engaging things I can use as a bit of an in game tutorial?
>>
File: 1482006769604.jpg (88KB, 639x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1482006769604.jpg
88KB, 639x1024px
>>51123403

We blew up a black-site space station prison, and we got paid for it.
>>
File: 51xGVwBFqWL.jpg (41KB, 311x500px) Image search: [Google]
51xGVwBFqWL.jpg
41KB, 311x500px
Posting again to see if anyone has a source to download the gloriously 90's novels. I haven't had much luck.
And I swear I checked the pastebin, they weren't there.
>>
>>51123586

If you let him play a technomancer, it will be shit for everyone involved.

Seriously. Don't let a newbie anywhere near the Matrix rules, especially someone who hasn't played a single RPG before.
>>
>>51123403
I sent a brainwashed ex-red samurai, who owes me a life debt, on a mission to assassinate the Prime Minister of Jamaica as a suicide mission to get rid of him, so that our hacker would come back.
The hacker left the team because the ex sammy was involved in his sisters murder, she was an unexpected casualty in another hit I made him go on for my personal gain. The hacker is unaware that this is because of me, and as the party face, I intend to lie my ass off to cover up my tracks.

Oh, and the owner of a club that rivals my own just disposed of his right hand man and has hired me to fill his shoes, signing over my club to him in the process. As the party face, I intend to lie my ass off and eventually backstab him, taking both clubs for my own and disposing of him.

We also got word of a convoy being sent to Chicago by some radical magical group, my hunch is something buggy. We've been hired to assist in making sure it gets there safely, the whole team is feeling uneasy about it.
As the party face, I intend to lie my ass off and find some way to profit huge off of this so I can retire.
>>
>>51123430
You could use generic mooks from the core books instead of the printed stats in the modules, that would be easy.
The Matrix, on the other hand, might be a bit of a hassle to convert, depending on how you want to run the adventure (playing the old Modules in 207x or playing 2050s SR with 5e rules).
If you plan on playing 2050s SR with 5e:
The HongKong Sourcebook and the GERMAN 2050s Sourcebook have rules for oldstyle Matrixshit converted to 5e Mechanics.
>>
>>51123403
Runners were on a yacht for a New Years' Eve Party. Mr.Johnson was exceptionally vague about the parameters but the job was to play bodyguard. Vampire G-men showed up as the Ball dropped to kill the vibe.
>>
>>51123518
We get around 10 Karma per Run which usually lasts a long session.

Financial rewards depend heavily on how not-stupid we behave and a bit of luck. So far i got a free Ford Americar and our group got the SINs we burned replaced with Lvl 4 ones (licenses included) and around 5-7k Nuyen for the each of the other Runs.
Could have been more if we hadn't been stupid/unlucky a few times, but the GMs generally seem to be more open with giving out gear compared to Nuyen.
>>
>>51123771

What about using 4e with the 2050 sourcebook?
>>
>>51123621
I feel like it would turn him off tabletop roleplaying for ages if he gets all excited to try one, finds a character concept he likes and then I just tell him no.

I'd like him to be able to play a technomancer,
is there any way to ease him into it?
>>
>>51123827
Perfectly viable if you like the feel of 4e.
I personally wouldn't touch it over 5e, but your preferences may differ.
>>
Question on Data Search,
when I do a search on a particular person, trying to find whatever information I can, where is that information coming from?

Does my search bounce from Node to Node until it reaches a Node designated as a public Data Haven, where someone for whatever reason, may have dumped that data I want?

Does this mean that if I was not in mutual signal range of any other device, I could not do a data search?
>>
>>51123841
Meet up with him two hours before the other people and do a small matrix training run, so he gets a feel for how things work.
Also do him, the group and yourself a favor and use the new, reduced, fading values from the errata section of the official forum.
>>
>>51123841

It will turn him off if he has a boring first session.

He will understand if you tell him "hey, this type of character is very complex to play. You should get a better grip of how the rules work before tackling him, since he works on a bunch of different subsystems each with their own little quirks."
>>
>>51123594
Elf with a mullet, hulk stache, and tank top looking like he's about to swing a gun like a sword at a dragon - I think that dragon's fucked.
>>
>>51123841
Make sure he understands the limitations of playing a TM before the game starts. Then throw him a few bones where he can use his mind computer to make the group's life easier during gameplay.
>>
How do I creepy cult or sect? Probably, militant one. Bonus points: if it's not inherently evil and antagonistic.

Campaign is set in Canton Confederation, so I'd like something more deep and interesting then average New Age bug cult or Abrahamic doomsayer chapter.
>>
>>51123518
Our group actually keeps the same rewards and just changes the price requirements for upgrading stuff; skills cost an equal number of Karma to the rank you are upgrading to, and Attributes twice as much as the rank you are upgrading to.
It means they have to save up for higher-level skills but lower ones are significantly easier to upgrade.
>>
>>51123964
Oh, that's easy.
Make it an militant esoteric Buddhist cult, like the kind that the Shaolin Temple would always fund and lead and then ultimately get their temple burned down again because nobody wants a bunch of uppity religious militants in their country training and arming random civilians.
>>
>>51123403
>2am, January 1st, 2076
>face had barely got his gun out before being one-shotted into physical overflow
>face is now spending a solid part of his payout on medical bills
>rigger is wondering how to steal a cortex bomb from a billionaire who is staying in the same hospital as the face

>sammy shot repeatedly for all but 1 stun box and all but 3 physical boxes
>refused to go to hospital because it's expensive
>auctioneer suit has holes from multiple long bursts of armor-piercing bullets
>sets up his medkit to patch himself up in an alleyway
>still wounded as shit
>wipe off most of the blood using towel in his duffel bag, changes clothes
>dodge scoots home while bleeding somewhat
>stumbles into his cramped low-lifestyle apartment full of empty beer bottles
>looks at his silver credstick with ¥20,000 on it
>sends a text message to the other runners
>happy new year
>>
>>51124013
>>rigger is wondering how to steal a cortex bomb from a billionaire who is staying in the same hospital as the face

Does the rigger plan on getting it implanted into the face?
he should
>>
>>51123841
Find a new player to replace him when he inevitably quits.
>>
>>51123403
We paused in the middle of it, but I think it's going well. It's an extraction mission and our first one as a team. Our Face screwed up and now some low-level security dudes are trying to kill her and us. My character wanted to show off and almost killed a guy through overflowing his Stun Track to drop him off at 8P in his PHysical track.
>>
>>51124143
Which was unexpected by everyone involved, I was only expecting to knock him out. Not fry the guy
>>
>>51124064
>Does the rigger plan on getting it implanted into the face?

If he manages to pull that off with his zero ranks in biotech and no access to friendly surgeons, then frankly he deserves whatever favors he makes the face do for him.
>>
>>51124190
Surgeons can turn suprisingly helpfull if shown pictures of their family, taken by the guncam of an Autoshutgun-equipped Drone.
>>
I can understand raising combat dicepools past the 20s, but why go so high for social skills or hacking? Are there really negotiations or device ratings so high?
>>
>>51124360
There are, but there doesn't have to be - all you need is a situation in which you're facing a large penalty, then the high dice pools are justified.
>>
>>51124360
Higher hacking skills allow you to speed shit up significantly by doing stuff like reliably placing three marks on a target with a single action.

High negotiation skills might be usefull to get high rating gear more easily.
>>
>>51124397
Ah so raising things you're already good at is more about succeeding in shitty conditions than breaking world records.
>>51124407
Is there a maximum to those kinds of things? Like where in ideal conditions having more dice and no limit would be pointless?
>>
File: 1481068693994.jpg (256KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1481068693994.jpg
256KB, 900x1200px
>>51124423
Well, finding stuff on your own is an opposed test vs the availability Rating of the Item.
Considering those can go up to 24 for gear before you even factor in Alphaware and higher, higher pools are always usefull.
>>
>>51124440
Average of 8 hits and it can't roll Edge. It's not too hard to beat that as a Face, even with less than stellar dice. Especially if you're willing to pay extra for extra dice.

But you do have a point
>>
>>51124485
Paying for extra dice gets super expensive with higher grade gear.
>>
>>51124539
Oh no question. I'm just saying it's easier for a Face to get high hits than it is for an item
>>
File: FSA5496_500.jpg (51KB, 232x386px) Image search: [Google]
FSA5496_500.jpg
51KB, 232x386px
>>51123910
Oh man, the covers were the best part.
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 500x643px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 500x643px
Mage of Adept for an awakened face?
>>
>>51124682
Adept
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 893x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 893x1920px
>>51124682
Meant to say or not of.
>>
>>51124360
>negotiation
By the book, negotiation is supposed to give you extra money both when fencing items to strangers, and when deciding a run's payout. It's also handy for getting other people do things they wouldn't normally do, like letting you and your equipment pass despite being somewhat suspicious.

And as others mentioned, you need someone with amazing social skills if you don't want to dramatically overpay for that high-end gear you've been salivating over since chargen. You know, your 20F sniper rifle, 18F pain editor, that 17F folding SMG, the 22F hardened heavy milspec battle armor, 22R tricked-out laser microphone, 28F depleted uranium bullets, and so on. Items that really should never make it into your grubby criminal paws.

You can have all the money you want, but it doesn't mean jack shit unless you can actually find the items you need.
>>
File: 1131195[1].jpg (34KB, 316x475px) Image search: [Google]
1131195[1].jpg
34KB, 316x475px
>>51124636
>>
File: Headhunters - Mel Odom.jpg (106KB, 510x680px) Image search: [Google]
Headhunters - Mel Odom.jpg
106KB, 510x680px
>>51123594
Let me clean up my library, I'll post the whole collection in a little bit.
>>
>>51123594
https://u.nya.is/hochol.zip
>>
>>51124980
Thanks, Chummer, it's much appreciated.
>>
>>51125173
Well shit, that was great timing for me to check back, thanks again!
>>
>>51123403
We spent three hours (real time) failing to scale a wall because half the team forgot to bring climbing equipment and kept flubbing their rolls. By the time we all got to the top, the area was swarming with drones, spirits, and enslaved naga, and one of our mages had been shot full of holes and was barely clinging to life.

Tonight we get to finish the run, which is to infiltrate a Z-Zone, looking for information we don't know the particulars of, with no Decker to get it for us if it's held on the matrix.
>>
So I was looking at Cutting Aces and saw an archetype I liked: the fake magician.

What gear would I need to pull that off?
>>
Alright im cooking up a run in the fae demiplane since the gm wont be able to make it and want the rest of the team to have something to play.
The idea is that they get spirited away for 1-3 hours real time which would translate to 1-3 days fae time. Reason would be that the tarrots have shown this and the seers have told that "the people who did X would be able to pass" referring to previous run.
The run itself would be ala The Red King's Dream where the runners need to get to this powerful fae in his mansion. The mansion is full of "living memories" that have manifested from the coimeádaí and the nightmare of the fae lord. Since the team would be face, decker and techno most of the stuff could be solved by talking, editing files and hacking.
Questions: Anything that sounds to shitty and needs changing? Which faction would be most likely to pull in the runners? What rewards would be reasonable?
>>
>>51125687
>fake magician
A really REALLY good medkit
>>
So did the errata just utterly murder any decent way to make a MysAdept? Cause if so, i'll be sad.
>>
>>51125891
The fuck are you blabbering about?
If by "errata" you mean "MysAdepts having to buy their PP at the start of the game", then no. They are still incredibly good.
Just not THAT good anymore that it actually doesn't make any sense to play a normal Magician or Adept, like it was pre-errata.
>>
>>51125809
Saviour medkit; sleight of hand nanite injections.
>>
>>51123403

Last run (that I GM'd): Pretty well, the party took a feel-good job from the Ork Underground and started doing the legwork on it. we'll see where it goes.

Last run (that I was a player in): We blew up a children hospital. Literally. With missiles.
>>
>>51123403
I can't even remember it. It's been a year since I last played Shadowrun.
>>
>>51125760

>solved by talking, editing files and hacking.

Given how much Technology and Magic hate each other, I'm a bit lost how you're going to find anything that can be hacked in a magical demiplane. Like, i get what you're saying about the 'living memories' but... those'd still be magic, right? Why would it be compatible with the decker/techno?
>>
>>51125991
He's talking about using the Court of Shadows rules. It's a retarded set of rules/fluff that basically lets deckers hack the memories of special servants that remember shit for elves that can't be bothered doing it themselves and gives riggers magical animal equivalents of the drones they had before, because reasons.
>>
>>51125991
The coimeádaí/keepers are from Hacking the court section. They can be hacked and are using living personas for "matrix" combat. The "ghosts" are a manifestation of the memories stored in the keepers. You can't hack the ghost but you can edit the files to change them, attack the keeper directly to shut it down or talk with it acting out the memories.
>>
>>51126026

Just describing it like that does make it sound retarded. But, it's been 50+ Years and we still don't fucking understand magic. If it's just for a fluff run, I don't see the harm.

>>51126058
So, basically, these 'keepers' are living hard drives for memories? eh, like I said, for just a single fluff run, I don't see too much harm in it.
>>
>>51123403
Pretty good. Only one other person showed up, so our team was a mage and a face. We had to take out this toxic shaman in the sewers, and we eventually found out, through a convoluted mess of a plan, that he was being corp-funded to summon toxic spirits in the city.

The face is now in a DocWagon hospital but I'm fine.
>>
>>51126077
As a street sam and rigger man I pretty much hate the fae stuff but I think it would be fun for the rest of the team. + we didn't have a game last week and dont wanna not play our character this one. Fae realms were perfect to stuff a full run without threading on the tight schedule of runs and meetings ahead.
Now about rewards and faction. What would be a reasonable one?
>>
>>51126105

>Listen, I know we are down our tank and our backup tank, and our rigger and his literal tank, but Imma need you to soak up some attacks from this toxic shaman and his hilariously overpowered spirits while I do some of that magic hoo-doo that should solve this problem

Sorry, that's the only thing that came to mind with 'there's just a mage and a face, and the face had to go to the hospital, but i'm fine'
>>
File: tumblr_oj1t4sDc7y1rsagu3o1_1280.gif (514KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oj1t4sDc7y1rsagu3o1_1280.gif
514KB, 960x540px
>>51126077
Eh, what can I say? I get very curmudgeony when it comes to things like the Foundation and Court. I really don't like special magic dungeons where all your shit is slightly different because lol matrix/magic.
>>
>>51126211

No, that's fair.
>>
File: orkunderground.jpg (210KB, 870x911px) Image search: [Google]
orkunderground.jpg
210KB, 870x911px
Starting the third campaign with the same group, and can't think of a good starter run. After three years, we've already done the standards like "the Johnson meet is a set up", "the runners just happen to be in the way of somebody else's run" etc. What do you do when game night begins in five hours, and you don't have a run yet?
>>
>>51126610
Food Fight?
>>
File: 1362622528106.gif (1MB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1362622528106.gif
1MB, 500x333px
>>51126610
Pic related, minus the Wikipedia download
>>
>>51126644
What did I just watch?

>>51126610
http://www.savevsdm.com/pdf/SR4-101Scenarios.pdf
>>
>>51126667
My GMing style

My players like it, so I guess it works?
>>
File: file.png (76KB, 1175x743px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
76KB, 1175x743px
Continuing to tinker with adept powers. Ignore the current compactness of the UI elements, that's just layout stuff. Search and filtering works in a similar way to how skills are implemented, allowing searching by name, filtering by things like rating, activation type (Complex, Simple, Free, etc.) or whether the power has any PP spent on it, allowing you to hide qi foci bonuses and such if the need arises.

Anything else you guys would like to see in it?
>>
>>51126643
We did food fight three years ago. That was with different characters, but the same players. We reset once a year.
>>
>you will never shitpost on Jackpoint
>you will never make fun of Clockwork for being the friendless, kissless permavirgin that he is in any place that he can read about it
>>
>>51126644
>>51126748
Oh, I am no stranger to just making shit up as I go along, but I need something to start with first. I can cook without a recipe, but not without ingredients.
>>
>>51126887
You're looking for a jumping off point, yeah?

Maybe the players are out at a party/club/wahtever and, depending on backstories, one or more of hte players have an actually skilled (i'm talking not gangers) person attempts to assassinate them in a way that allows them to fight back.
>>
File: dead-man-.jpg (1014KB, 1280x1379px) Image search: [Google]
dead-man-.jpg
1014KB, 1280x1379px
>>51126887

How about "The Johnson want something stolen, but it's on an armored truck and driving through Ancients territory"
>>
File: 1347329723210.png (795KB, 956x720px) Image search: [Google]
1347329723210.png
795KB, 956x720px
>>51123403
Reasonably well. Ran my players through Food Fight 5.0 while we all learn the system.

>Elf Technomancer camgirl fails a willpower + bod check vs. The Beast, McHugh's ultimate greasebomb
>Spends most of the run having explosive diarrhea in the women's room
>I mean goddamn it was like a cannon going off, man
>AI player drones around in a Hedgehog, neatly making every single stealth check despite having shit-all stats for it. Goes Sonic on the mage's ankles when shit goes down
>The Face busts out a mono-whip and reduces the mage to a pile of meat after posing as a hooker and trying to seduce his bother
>They rescue the girl, gtfo in time to see said brother running back to the restaurant after the Technomancer reduces half the McHugh's crew to paste with the security turret
>Pin the whole thing on the Yellow Lotus
>We were down a PhysAd since that player couldn't make it two sessions; they went on a side run that saw them beat up an Elf Rigger, steal his car, crash said car into a lingerie store owned by a cousin of the guys in the restaurant, then blow said car up, pinning all that on the Yellow Lotus as well
>Elf had stolen the Dwarf girlfriend of a Troll Rigger who paid them with a used Ares Duelist for those nights the PhysAd can't make it
>The Troll keeps calling blurting out elf slurs like keeb and dandelion eater in front of the Technomancer, then backpedaling to save his own ass
>They started a lopsided mob war on their very first day in Seattle

It's a shitshow. There will be egregious consequences. But it's a fun shitshow and I'm the guy dealing the consequences so I'm happy.
>>
Are there any problems (besides lowered magic) with a mage getting a pain editor? Is it a good idea? I like the idea of not caring about Drain.
>>
I wanted to make a houserule that wearing your god damned seatbelt protected you during a crash or ram, just how much protection should it give?
>>
>>51127224
besides broken powerlevel?
Not really.
>>
File: 1473566841381.jpg (289KB, 1689x1471px) Image search: [Google]
1473566841381.jpg
289KB, 1689x1471px
>>51125173
>organized by author

datsnice.jpg
>>
>>51126610
Roll and run.
>>
>>51127377
Being disgustingly broken is never a bad thing.
>>
>>51123859
>Does this mean that if I was not in mutual signal range of any other device, I could not do a data search?
chummer, think about it
Where would it get the info if it's not already on your commlink?
>>
>>51124360
Because purchasing goods is opposed by the item's Availability, selling goods gets you 5% of the item's value per hit, and you don't want any room for error when using Commanding Voice or lying to a guard who rolls surprisingly well to resist you.

Being a face is one of those roles where a single failed roll can tank the entire rest of the mission - where from that point on it's all combat. You know, like the decker accidentally tripping the alarm while trying to ghost the party all the way to the objective. With something like that - where each and every roll you make is mission-critical in some way - you don't have any room for error.
>>
>>51126773
So what? Shake it up. My very first food fight, I played from the perspective of the kidnappers instead.
>>
>>51126853
I don't need this kind of sadness in my life.
>>
>>51128691
>not flubbing sometimes so the street sam has something to do
>>
So if the speeds on page 202 of the core rulebook are supposed to be only the tactical combat speeds of vehicles and not their maximum speeds, what are the maximum speeds of vehicles?
>>
>>51128852
>not purposefully making the street sam totally useless
>>
>>51127448
>these images
Damn, that's silly.
>>
>>51128843
>you will never tell Clockwork right to his Matrix face that with his personality he couldn't get laid at a bunraku parlor
>>
>>51126610

A milk run where everything goes as it should with the caveat everything goes to shit the moment a player says anything akin to "well, that was easy"

Bonus points if you can lead your players into paranoia and have them screw the run themselves.
>>
>>51128894
I fucking hate you types. All of you. LET THE STREET SAM DO SOMETHING. Allow yourselves to fail sometimes! Take negative qualities to help encourage this, like "Wanted by GOD" for Deckers, or "Did you just call me dumb?" for Faces.

If your gameplan is actually, literally, not letting him do anything... Listen, that might make some sense in-verse, but meta-wise, that's not fun for the player. It's annoying and aggravating to just sit around, wondering why you're even there while the GM refuses to rein in the other, overly-paranoid players, who don't stop to think about your time spent at the table at all.
>>
>>51128981
>not minmaxing the hell out of your character so you have 40 dice on social checks and a limit of 15
>>
>>51129026
ridiculous
>>
>>51128981
Chummer, please. If the street sam doesn't get to do anything, it's not the face and decker's fault for doing such a great job, it's the GM's fault for not throwing in a twist that the face and decker had no way of foreseeing, preventing or dealing with.
>>
File: ladies-home-companion.jpg (137KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
ladies-home-companion.jpg
137KB, 736x552px
I found this glorious thing on /k/. It's a real pistol.
>8 pounds
>12 rounds of .45-70
>almost impossible for mortal men to shoot one handed
It's called the Ladies Home Companion because the manufacturer was trolling the shit out of Congress and the ATF. This made me wonder, what if it actually was popular among orc and troll ladies as a sidearm? Are there SR rules for this motherfucker? Considering that out of a slightly longer 16" barrel .45-70 can take down polar bears, there ought to be some use for this thing.
>>
File: 45-70 explained.jpg (92KB, 1239x264px) Image search: [Google]
45-70 explained.jpg
92KB, 1239x264px
>>51129088
Also, this pun makes .45-70 cyberpunk as fuck.
>>
>>51128981
>>51129052
How about the sammy just takes some fucking secondary skills so he's not a one trick pony? Infiltration works well.
>>
>>51129101
No. Let him use his glorious true specialization. Let bullets ring free from the Ares Alpha into the hearts of your foes.
>>
>>51129088
>>51129100
Its shit. Carry a sawed-off stockless Assault Cannon or Shotgun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TygqLGNnXJE
>>
>>51129101
>secondary skills
This does little to dull the pain of being denied the opportunity to use one's primary skills.
>>
>>51128981

This, I think, is more than one problem that can be solves with just "Let the sammy do something"

For one, he exists. He is the emergency backup for shitty rolls and unforseen compromises. Sure, that sucks for him if everything goes as planned, but being a backup is still a good thing.

2: as >>51129101 said, being a one trick pony in shadowrun is just ASKING to have situations where you can't do something. Everyone should be good at more than one thing.

3: This is definitely in part the GM's fault for not making the situation for which the sammy has something to do. Fuck, let there be some guards who forgot their Commlink at work who tries to go in the back door unannounced, and now the sammy has to kick his cyberass to avoid the alarm being raised.
>>
>>51129101
>Infiltration works well.
>not being a wheelman as your secondary skill so your team still has a getaway driver if something happens to the rigger
>>
>>51129168
>1.
Being a backup means you might as well be replaced with an NPC for all the stuff you actually get to do.

>2
See
>>51129116
>>51129165

Yes, having a backup is good and well, but the initial fun, the big draw, is the primary specialization. If that's not being catered to, it makes me wonder why I didn't just spec into the secondary specialization as my primary one, and leave combat for a backup.
>>
File: 20170110_130621.jpg (3MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
20170110_130621.jpg
3MB, 4608x2592px
>thinking about reading the Shadowrun novels

>too bad I gave all my copies away years ago

>yekka posts a fileshare of all of them

>Sweet! That is very convenient timing

>go to check mail

>find book package I did not order

>what's this?

>open it, find House of the Sun inside

Which one of you is responsible for this meme magic?
>>
>>51129230

As stated, there's more than one problem to be solved here. And don't forget that I DID say the GM was partially at fault here too.
>>
>>51124682
Adept if you want Face to be their 'primary' thing. The social bonuses and Commanding Voice power that Adepts can get are some seriously next level shit.

A mage with a charisma tradition, though, can make for a decent face whose main thing is 'mage' rather than 'face.'
>>
>>51128981
If the street sam can only fight, then it's the player's fault for building a shit-tastic character
>>
>>51129527

I agree with you, but, it would be like building someone who's primary thing is demolotion, and never getting to blow shit up, because your team is only doing mirror shade shit. Sure, you can have plenty of other things you're also good at, but never being able to do what you're best at feels hollow.
>>
>>51129627
>who's primary thing is demolotion, and never getting to blow shit up
> your team is only doing mirror shade shit
Now that's double your fualt for picking a seriously narrow primary thing and then not asking what kind of tone the game will be
>>
>>51129527
not them, but what you said is basically >51129101
A street sammy is MADE FOR COMBAT, it's what he does
It's like having a decker and never using the matrix

Sure you can do such a thing, but in that case you should discuss this beforehand and agree on this so no one makes a primary fighter. If I made a campaign where you have to survive in the wilderness and no other people are there I won't let someone make a face or decker either
>>
>>51129692
whoops, looks like I mangled up the second link
supposed to be>>51129101
>>
>>51129318

Me
>>
File: Zug Dwarf Shaman.jpg (365KB, 736x1060px) Image search: [Google]
Zug Dwarf Shaman.jpg
365KB, 736x1060px
>>51129806
Thanks, anon. I know selling your karma to a free spirit was a tough choice to make, but I appreciate it.
>>
>>51129101
I took mnemonic ennhancers and cerebral boosters on my sammy. 8-9 dice in knowledge skills (particularly the intuition ones), memory, and judge intentions goes a long way toward making me not feel like dead weight during legwork. I find that the intuition-governed pop culture skills come up more often than you'd think. Taking fashion as an interest could help the team dress well while cramming in as much armor as possible.

I use stealth, perception, and cybereye camera for scouting when drones aren't good enough. You could also put a sensor array in your cyberarm, or get a sensory/utility-oriented adept power.

With sammy-tier reaction and agility, you can be a decent backup driver and cover a number of other skills. Just 2 karma into pilot(ground) and you've probably got 9 dice in it. You'll usually want to let someone else drive so you can shoot, but it's a good option to have.

A good palming stat with a large smuggling compartment in your cyberlimb can make life easier for everyone. Normies can't find it because it's -10 concealment and you have agility to be decent at palming. MAD shouldn't find it because it's inside of metal. Cyberware scanner (i.e. millimeter wave scanner i.e. creepy airport scanner) should be fooled because it would see the whole arm as one big black block, nothing inside it. You could also get a skin pocket bioware.

You could take black market pipeline on a 6-loyalty fence and sell certain items for 42% base price, or otherwise use your contacts.

Have some edge and low rating skills, and you can briefly cover them if needed.

Point is though, even without compromising your character's murder-power, you have a lot of chances to make him useful for things other than violence.

>>51129230
>why I didn't just spec into the secondary specialization as my primary one, and leave combat for a backup.
Because combat will happen, and you want to actually survive it instead of getting shot dead by the first semi-serious enemies you see.
>>
>>51130333
>combat will happen
No, it won't. It barely happened in any of the games that dragged on forever and fizzled out.
>>
>>51125687
Anyone else?

What >>51125922 said is useful, but I wanna know what else you guys can think of to help me out.
>>
>>51128981
The street samurai's job is to be the perpetual Plan B. Plan A is never to go in guns blazing, but you can always fall back on that when someone shits the bed.

And someone is going to shit the bed. Sooner or later the Face, or the Decker, or the Physical Infiltrator is going to fail a roll - one single roll - and that's all it takes for the alarm to be raised.

The goal of those characters is to be good enough at that job to have gotten the party, collectively, as close to the objective as possible before that happens. If you're intentionally shit at that job 'to give the samurai something to do,' then you're still shit at your job.

Don't worry. Things will inevitably go wrong without you intentionally being shit. Your job is to be good dry stringing that inevitability out as long as you're able. Anything else means you're just dead weight.
>>
>>51129692
>If I made a campaign where you have to survive in the wilderness and no other people are there I won't let someone make a face or decker either
Why would you do that with Shadowrun? I mean, sure, a paracritter hunting campaign could work, but you could still fit a face into that
>>
>>51130421
No. It's not fun, and you might as well offload the Sam to a GMPC for all the good they get to do.
>>
>>51130353
>the games that dragged on forever and fizzled out

There's your problem. Good SR games generally have enough high-intensity violence to make a sammy feel useful.
>>
>>51130353
>It barely happened

Well, that's not how it goes for 99% of SR campaigns. Maybe you had shit GMs, and that's why the games fizzled out.
>>
>>51130455
Yeah, those mythical high-intensity games I can make up all by myself. Or just, you know, play SRR where there's plenty of combat.
>>
>>51130455

This. Combat in SR isn't as much frequent as it is fucking intense.

That shit will start fast and end fast, most combat encounters in my experience don't go past the third Combat Turn. Runners hit hard, but get hit hard too. When leads starts flying, you DEFINITELY want that ultra-optimized frankenstein-with-a-gun on your side.
>>
>>51130482

>Mythical

Just because your games are shit doesn't mean everyone else's is.
>>
>>51130561
Honestly, for most games that inevitably fizzle out, you're only gonna be fighting gangers starting out. Street sams aren't exactly needed there.

>>51130590
>he's still in make-believe land
>>
File: smug.jpg (25KB, 450x325px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
25KB, 450x325px
>>51130612
>he really believes that everyone else's games are as shit as his
It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic.
>>
>>51130665
Alright then, big boy, tell me where you got your game from.
>>
>>51130612

>for most games that inevitably fizzle out, you're only gonna be fighting gangers starting out

Unless it's a Street Level game, I don't see WHY you'd be fighting gangers exclusively. Most of the games I've been in started with a proper run, with combat normally against security forces, Lone Star, and underworld figures like corp hitmen and rival shadowrunners.

I think you just had shit GMs, son.
>>
File: 50508.png (678KB, 1274x711px) Image search: [Google]
50508.png
678KB, 1274x711px
>>51130612
If you're fighting gangers, you're making peanuts. If you want to make money on the streets, you have people on your team with skills. Of course, if you want to farm basement rats for shiny pennies, be my guest.
>>
>>51130482
>mythical high-intensity
Just this sunday my sammy got shot half to death by vampire assassins at a party, while the face was bleeding out in a private room, while security drones were hovering over the dancefloor spraying bullets, while my orksploitation rapper contact was running through a crowd ready to fire t-shirts and mixtapes out of a modified assault cannon.

Two sessions prior to that, we had a car chase gunfight while stealing a modified APC (armored personnel carrier) from an elven go-gang, during which multiple grenades were thrown either onto the highway or into said APC.

I don't mean to denigrate your experience, but those games probably fizzled in part because they didn't utilize shadowrun's potential for whacked out gonzo murder.
>>
>>51130688
Yeah, probably. They've all been from /srg/. The only one that was actually pretty good (We went up against a Corp by the second run) ended up quitting because players kept flaking.
>>
File: tumblr_ohcbovF8fA1tm203io4_500.jpg (34KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohcbovF8fA1tm203io4_500.jpg
34KB, 500x313px
>>51123403
Triads ambushed me and my Minotour Vampire friend in my high rise necessitating it be napalmed into oblivion, and AZT missiled my VTOL evac and is hunting my team, our NPC runner buddies, and myself through the Canadian wilderness.

Success has a price and that price is fucking steep.
>>
>>51130684
A local GM who does some volunteer work for CGL (unpaid no doubt). First session saw my streetsam driving a loaner Ford Americar, telling the guy riding shotgun to take the wheel and then leaning out the window to mow down some go-gangers with a machine gun. And it got more intense from there.
>>
>>51130778
>real life fag
Oh fuck off.
>>
>>51130774
>Minotour Vampire
Assuming you mean minotaur as in the troll metavarient, he shouldn't be able to do that. Vampires are humans
>>
>>51130809
No. Vampires can be anything, Humans are just the most common.
>>
>>51130791
But anon, real life games are objectively better. The GM gets to do things, like body language, and feed you. You might even get to make some friends at the table, assuming you showered beforehand.
>>
>>51130809
I forgot the name of the troll variant for infected. The shaggy dudes that trolls become, you know? I'm at work otherwise I'd look it up.
>>
>>51130903
Wendigo, I think.
>>
>>51130824
>>51130921

can you give me a citation for that, cause from I'm seeing here vampires are Humans infected with HMHVV I, Trolls turn into Dzoo-Noo-Qua and Orks into Wendigos
>>
>>51130938
Look up Howling Shadows page 82 on your own time.
>>
>>51130921
Dzoo-noo-qua. I had to look it up.
>>
Point is its his fault I'm trapped in the Canadian woods and my accounts have been frozen and the Triads want me dead.
>>
>>51130791
But wait, there's more!

After I rammed the last go-ganger through a shitty dilapidated shack, we arrived at the hotel that we believed the mage we were hunting was hiding out. Didn't find him there, but we did find a basement full of really shady shit and long story short I have never figured what that troll-thing that attacked us was. Too much flesh to be a cyberzombie (not to mention that cyberzombie would've ended us all), too much metal to be a biozombie (are those a thing?), too much magic to be a troll-shaped biodrone, and the technomancer found that it was "programmable" so it wasn't a person, at least it wasn't when we encountered it. Anyways, it took 2 full auto bursts of explosive light machine guns rounds and 5 kg of explosives to take the brute down, and between the bursts he gave me a real nasty hit.

Never found the mage, but we geeked a bunch of his lesser mage pals and captured one of his key mage allies, so we got paid anyways.
>>
>>51130774
>>51130983
>Canadian
Really now, do the upper NANs have any real reason to exist? Just toss 'em out already, they won't be missed.
>>
>>51130983
It sounds like it's time for you to learn to love cold winters and injun women.
>>
>>51128981
Reminder to do this.
>>
Anybody play with or have a Rigger? At what point can they contribute to real combats? Do they ever jump-in for combat?
>>
https://youtu.be/Oj0upBqoQP4

I'm sure that there are a number of people familiar with this story, and I was curious...

Could you make a run based off of something like this?
>>
>>51131205
I'd separate Drone riggers into two camps: Van riggers who plan on running recon and combat support away from the group. The others would be Boot riggers, who are with the group in-person.

Jumping in doesn't offer a lot of benefit to a boot rigger, they can just command their Drones to fire and let full-auto and suppressing fire penalties stack while they fire away with their own gun. Assuming they can fire a gun, I suppose. Jumping in isn't great mechanically, but for a Van rigger, it's a way of contributing more dice to a combat situation than just commanding Drones to full-auto exactly as the boot rigger can do.
>>
>>51131205
>At what point can they contribute to real combats?
Even a basic set-up of rotodrones with assault-rifles is a pretty underrated asset to have when things go loud. Your party's combat-monster will always be the prime force in a fight, but your drones bring both a numeric advantage and the ability to easily flank and nulify enemy cover by moving in three-dimensions.

Hell, a rigger jumped into a rotodrone with a sniper-rifle has a decent amount of unique combat-options that a street samurai can't usually do.
>>
Do reaction enhancers actually change your perception or just your reaction time?
And if it depends, which do change it and which do not?
>>
>>51131205

We do. He runs a pretty weird setup of outfitting each member of a team with a cheap-ish backpack-turret that can be easily set-up independently, providing fire support by Gunnering two drones, one with an assault rifle (because sniper rifles suck) and the other with a grenade launcher, and when situation calls for it, he accompanies strike team using The Box which is a combination of Faraday-shielded compartment, autodoc and cover on threads.

Slightly unortodox, I believe, but fun.
>>
>>51131205
There's a Rigger in my current group who's mostly recon and support. He's useful for those two roles but hasn't made much of a difference in combat yet (which is partially because the street sam can handle most fights on his own). He hasn't jumped in yet during combat.
>>
>>51123403
My players ran reconnaissance and security for a weedly technomancer being hidden in a cookie-cutter suburban home deep in gang territory south of FDC for about a month.

Unfortunately for them, the gang paid off by the Johnson had the relevant piece of turf taken over by an unbribed gang.

A troll knocks on the door claiming to be Lone Star, with a real-looking badge. The elf infiltrator opens the door "because maybe he is" (???).

So naturally, Twelve-Pack the troll comes in swinging with his spurs. Critical glitch, he punches the siding of the house instead. Elf infiltrator gently locks and shuts the door on his turn, and promptly bolts.

Meanwhile, a few gangers are coming out of the woodwork, but can't seem to hit the mage sitting on floor two manaballing the day away.

At no point does any player consider trying to escort the technomancer away from the house, given that they have no street samurai. The rigger's wirelessly controlling a drone, takes out two gangers, then it gets shot out of the air.

Somehow the mage manages to paste everybody with another manaball, as well as a large chunk of the house. Twelve-Pack is still trucking through two heavy locked doors, but is eating gunfire from two runners and dies upon destroying the lock of and opening the second door.

The last day is spent driving the technomancer to a new location given by the Johnson, avoiding the police, avoiding the gang, and getting paid.

And that was our first experience with Shadowrun. 9/10, mohawk a bit too pink.
>>
5e core arrived today. looking for a good published scenario for beginning runners that isn't generic bog-standard, has a nice twist but doesn't go too deeply into any overarching plots or gets too crazy.

any advice?
>>
File: 1303836531854.jpg (403KB, 1200x850px) Image search: [Google]
1303836531854.jpg
403KB, 1200x850px
Hey. I'm a long time lurker for the most part, disregarding the occasional thread I participate in, and I have moderate experience with AD&D, 5e, KSBD, and a handful of lesser unknown games. I've been interested into getting into SR for a long time now, and I've downloaded almost all the 5e books. I have ideas for characters and even some runs.

But I am absolutely goddamn clueless to how these rules work.

I like to think that I'm not a complete and utter fucking mongoloid, but I've been sat for the past few days trying to decipher this shit. I look at the priority table and I read over and over about it, and I just don't understand how to construct a character. I'm looking for your help, mainly a simplistic explanation. Anyone mind helping a fellow fa/tg/uy out?
>>
Can physical objects be carried into the astral plane? Ex. If I give a spirit a bag of guns and then summon the spirit on the other side of security then can the spirit 'carry' the bag of guns with them?
>>
>>51131895
that's... that's actually pretty smart
allows him to create a perimeter by placing turrets in the right locations
and because you carry them he doesn't have to pilot them or outfit them with mobility options

pretty smart
>>
>>51131929
FOOD FIGHT
>>
>>51131934
The book is poorly laid out, but the priority table isn't hard to work out. Assuming you're running priority rather than sum-to-ten, you just pick one 'category' to be A, one category to be B, etc.
So if you were making a mage, you might pick Magic A, Attributes B, Skills C, Resources D and Metatype E. You'd then end up with 20 Attribute points, 28 skill points, 2 skill category points, 50000 nuyen etc.
>>
>>51131947
nope
>>
>>51131979

Yeah.

Also it's pretty helpful to have something pour covering fire from your back when you're trying to scram.
>>
>>51131929
Splintered States is decent but you might want to change it so that it's not the mayor of Seattle. Maybe make it a corp (though not a mega-corp) bigwig/humanis extremist or something. It's hard to top "you just toppled Seattle's corrupt government".
>>
>>51131934
Get the chummer character creator. Helps a lot.
>>
>>51132119
Just don't take everything in chummer at face value. You still need to know the character creation rules because chummer doesn't take everything into account and runs into anomalies every so often.

Also remember that the maximum starting availability is 12. Don't be the guy who goes into session 1 with full body armor and a pain editor.
>>
>>51131934
What are you trying to play? That'll dictate what you want for your priorities.
>>
>>51123518
Keep Karma the same, make the money gain per player rather than for the whole group.
>>
I'm using the Nightly Chummer.. Is there any reason the Qualities have no Karma value?
>>
>>51129088
The street sweeper is a gun in Shadowrun, just make a pistol version.
>>
>>51132385
try unchecking free
>>
>>51132205
Right now, I'm trying to build a Fomorian street samurai, or alternatively a Menehune occult investigator. Which do you think would be better for a beginner? Should I nix the metatype variants?
>>
>>51132703
Street Sams are the best for a beginner because it's basically akin to spectating. You mostly sit back and watch the others, helping you learn those systems hands-on in a sense, and if anything goes wrong you can do something for a couple of minutes before it's back to business.
>>
So what's Shadowrun Anarchy ? A new edition ? Quickstart rules ? I'm looking into Shadowrun and it's the first thing that keeps popping up.
>>
>>51132848
It's "rules-lite" Shadowrun, but not actually rules-lite. Ends up, like, 300+ pages VS the 500 of normal Shadowrun
>>
>>51132848
>>51132872
you're honestly better off with a SR hack of another system
yekka posted the link to a Blades in the Dark hack, though I don't have it right now
>>
>>51132872
>>51132905
How is it for a beginning group then, one wanting to get into SR but afraid of all the mechanics ? Is it some improvement ?
>>
>>>51132905
>How is it for a beginning group then, one wanting to get into SR but afraid of all the mechanics ? Is it some improvement ?
IMO, it's better to play 5e with simplified hacking and other subsystems (maybe even use Anarchy's hacking) than Anarchy if you're looking for a simpler system.
>>
>>51132747
Alright, cool, Minotaur street samurai it is.

>>51132010
Which brings me back here. So, say I want to do a street samurai. Should I set my priorities as follows?

Skills A
Metatype B
Resources C
Attributes D
Magic/Resonance E

Is that a good layout? Also, do the listed metatypes in the priority table mean I have to have that particular priority letter to play that metatype?

>>51132163
Also, what the hell is starting availability?
>>
>>51133252
Attributes is too low. I'd switch skills for it, honestly, and just stick to one weapon group and the regular 'everyone should have these' skills, eg. con, sneak, throw etc. I don't think this is really optimal, especially the troll bit, but optimization isn't everything.
And yes, you do.
>>
>>51133252
>do the listed metatypes in the priority table mean I have to have that particular priority letter to play that metatype?
yes

>Also, what the hell is starting availability?
every item has a nuyen price and a availability, that determines how easy it is to acquire and its legality
at chargen you may not take items whose availability is higher than 12, unless you take a 10 karma quality for it.
>>
>>51133252
>>51133433
>unless you take a 10 karma quality for it.
That's not in the core rulebook. It's in Run Faster. You're using the Priority System, so I'm guessing you're keeping to the CRB, so I figured I'd point this out
>>
>>51132551
It's not checked, but I tried adding a few as free and undoing it. Not sure what's going on
>>
File: 1483080389109.jpg (178KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1483080389109.jpg
178KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>51131806
Both I imagine.
If your physical perception changed then you wouldn't be able to move faster, you'd just see stuff as it happened and then pretty much react at normal speeds. If your reflexes and speed were enhanced without perceptual altercation to handle it then you'd basically be clumsy as hell, though to move at the speeds where the human eye can no longer truly keep up would actually tear a flesh and bloody body to pieces.
Reflex enhancements make you fast as hell but you aren't breaking the sound barrier anytime soon. You actually need to spend some time in recovery after getting wired reflexes to adjust to the new perceptions and reaction times.
>>
>>51132049
You don't REALLY topple Seattle's corrupt government, you just blow the whistle on one of his more horrible plans and expose some of his corruption.

You deal him a big setback basically, as he's still Mayor of Seattle in later material.
>>
>>51132385
Can't replicate it. What qualities?
>>
If all the boards of 4chan were represented in the Shadowrun universe, what would they be?
>>
>>51134318
/d/ is, uh, the entire setting? Whole environment's pretty much laden with opportunity.
>>
>>51134426
You really think Shadowrun is that lewd and fetishistic?
>>
>>51134613
Didn't we at one one figure you could potentially make a character that consisted of something like 52 cybercocks? That and Pornomancer is an actual archetype in this game, and that name wasn't dreamed up by /srg, so you can't just blame 4chan for that. Sleaze is kind of a big element of cyberpunk in general and Shadowrun has embraced that aspect of it wholeheartedly.
>>
>>51134701

>52 cybercocks

I want to see the math on that.
>>
>>51134701
Im probably going to regret asking but... PORNOMANCER?
>>
>>51134613
With the section entitled Sex, the prominence of Bunraku Dolls, and the constant references to the fact that anyone can get their jollies any way they want?

Yes. The setting itself is that lewd and fetishy.

It's just that individual GMs don't focus on that aspect of the setting because that's fragging awkward, chummer.
>>
>>51134773
Twinked-out social adept. Can seduce anyone, anytime, anywhere, anyhow.
>>
>>51134767
Cyber-up your torso, skull, arms, and legs. Put bulk mods into all of those cyberlimbs. Cybergenitalia takes 1 capacity.

The legs alone give you almost 50 capacity once you've bulk-modded thenm.
>>
>>51134426
I disagree. People in SR can run wild with their weird and disturbing fetishes, but it doesn't dominate the setting.

Like a lot of things that get discussed on here, posters greatly exaggerate any trace of sexuality and pretend that the whole thing revolves around it.
>>
>>51134813
Figures, people get access to literal body-magic and that's the direction it takes... I bet the trids(?) are insane though.
>>
>>51134816
Edick: Those numbers are for obvious cyber-limbs.

If you go with synthetic limbs, that's sixteen in the arms, twenty in the legs, two in the head, and five in the torso. So for over 43, you need obvious cyber-limbs.
>>
>>51134854
why would you not? It's not like you could pass for a normal human when you bristle with cocks.
>>
>>51134788
You mean your GM hasn't pushed you into his elf bunraku parlor magical realm? You poor thing.
>>
>>51134829
>Like a lot of things that get discussed on here, posters greatly exaggerate any trace of sexuality and pretend that the whole thing revolves around it.
Isn't that the truth.
>>
>>51134788
I kind of wish the guy in our who has run shadowrun in the past would focus on it a little less to be honest.
>>
>>51134916
>elf bunraku parlor magical realm
That would imply 'elf bunraku parlor' isn't a vanilla as fuck sexual fantasy.
>>
>>51134965
>mind-control is regarded as vanilla.
I think you just QED'd that Shadowrun is /d/ as fuck
>>
>>51134909
Theoretically, you could be in a position to remove the many, many penises (or vaginas) from the limbs.

But even that's such an edge case that I don't think anyone would actually go for it.
>>
>>51133939
All. Both Positive and Negative. If it helps, I've had a lot of trouble with crashing since I've gotten the program. I think It might be a Windows thing.
>>
>>51134965
>Forced prostitution/mind control are vanilla
>>
>>51134989
>mindcontrol
That's not quite what a bunraku parlor is.
>>
>>51134965
This. I had a GM who was into guro and put that into our games. We kicked him out because it got weird.
>>
>>51135031
Show me your .chum5 file.
>>
>>51135068
A person's personality and free will is overwritten by a program. Regardless of whether they volunteer for it or not, it's probably going to tick a mind-control fetishist's box.
>>
>>51134318
2D in the SR storytime had fluffed Chaos Engine as 4chan
/d/ would be the crazy fuckers with 52 cyberdicks or that can only cum with bunrakus anymore
/x/ would be wanna-be magicians
/v/ would be the guys that obsess about the latest sim-games
etc.
>>
So, random thought, whatever happened to HAZE? Did Pistons finally nail him or in some other way cause his death? Did he "nail" Pistons?
>>
>>51135076
I'll upload in a moment
>>
>>51132010
>>51132163
>>51132205
>>51133413
>>51133433
>>51133501

You really did give me a push in the right direction here, thanks guys.
>>
>>51135388
Who cares, it's just jackpoint drama
>>
Do Minotaurs get the +100% Lifestyle Cost penalty like normal trolls, or no?
>>
>>51135503
I would absolutely say so, yes.
>>
Any fun Drone ideas for a dedicated pilot Rigger? I have plenty of Nuyen sitting around in chargen.
>>
>>51135637
I meant dedicated Drone Rigger, fug.
>>
>>51123518

I generally give 30k baseline nuyen, scaling up from there based on difficulty/craziness of the run. I actually mostly scale it based on the seriousness/contract.

Killing a dozen gangers? Yeah, okay, here's 30k for each of you.

Theft of highly important technology from a trainyard car that turned out to be a fairly easy run? 50k.

Karma is unchanged from the book for me
>>
>>51135464
I do, I find it pretty amusing from time to time, and i do actually enjoy a couple of the characters, RED mainly.
>>
>>51135794
Your players are either rich as fuck or poor as fuck.
>>
>>51135794
>Killing a dozen gangers? Yeah, okay, here's 30k for each of you.
>for each of you
I hope you mean that as a team
Because getting 30k for killing some gangers seems a bit much
>>
>>51135828
Gross.
>>
File: chumpic1.png (202KB, 1686x765px) Image search: [Google]
chumpic1.png
202KB, 1686x765px
>>51135428
>>51135076

Had to step away, here's one.
>>
>>51135828
Clockwork is my favorite character!
>>
>>51136006
Clockwork is boring because the writers won't let him do anything except be abrasive.
>>
>>51136027
Nonsense! Clockwork speaks the truth but he gets shot down by everyone else!
>>
>>51135853
>>51135873

Unfortunately they've been getting overpaid and it's hard to say "No wait, I need to turn down the rewards and have you guys work harder"

I think having them paid that much gets them new toys and shit to play with. Keeping karma gains low gates the actual progression
>>
What's the worst magical tradition? What's the worst mentor spirit?
>>
>>51136641
Insect tradition really bugs people. And the mentor spirits really bite.
>>
>>51136097
>it's hard to say "No wait, I need to turn down the rewards and have you guys work harder"

I think that you could phrase it in terms of difficulty. Probably something like "I've been giving much higher rewards than the system expects, so things have been a little easier than they're supposed to be. Right now I'm thinking that you guys are ready to try out a more standard difficulty level."
>>
So, I'm working with a player who is playing a character who survived Bug City, and he said he wanted Flashbacks.

However, we're both kinda stumped on what exactly would be a good trigger for Flashbacks. He said he wanted the 7 karma one, which is 'about once every other session' but... anyone have any ideas what would be a good trigger for the flashbacks?
>>
>>51136665
I giggled. Then I cringed.
>>
>>51136839

Those few times you get mosquitoes buzzing in your ear.

Cockroach crawling up a drain in your sink.

If he ever sees maggots in a dead carcass that devilrats haven't managed to scavenge?
>>
>>51136097
>>51136727
Or you could give a less meta reason that has impacts in-universe.
Have some odd things show up about their fixer - something unpleasant happens to a Big Corp, and on the next mission he comes in shaking and pale, obviously out of sorts. If the PCs go to another fixer because they think something is wrong, they find out that all of a sudden the pay is a lot lower and it's treated as completely normal, and they'll get unpopular if they really put up a fight.
A bit after that, the fixer can offer them a job that will pay just as much - but it's going to be a really fucking suspicious one right out of the gate, in the end involving the corporation that recently got hit by another team of runners (perhaps even ending in them having to kill a massively respected team of runners that might have caused that trouble).
In the end, it turns out that the corp has been overseeing the runners' missions from the beginning, funneling money into even the simplest missions in the hope of gaining a team of pet murderhoboes - a group of runners that doesn't need the others in the community and can make do with very few fixers (or think they can), so that they can quickly raise a team of shadowrunners that can be used to pick off other members of the community or generally have their inflated self-perception be used to make them take on huge jobs that any other shadowrunner at that level would have too many friends and too much experience to ever accept.
The runner attack on the corp, though, cost them enough money and confidential blueprints that they need to hurry up in deploying the runners just in case that they can't viably pay them as much as before, and now there's already a hole in the mission schedule (and the cover) that means the players have a chance to get out.
>>
>>51136910

>negotiating with Mr. Johnson
>everything going smoothly
>suddenly hear mosquito buzzing in my ear
>TRIGGERED.trid
>have flashbacks of Chicago
>go berserk, yelling about insect spirits and spraying bullets everywhere
>mfw Johnson won't talk to us
>mfw team won't talk to me
>mfw I'm a meme on the Matrix now
>>
File: 1478047500314.jpg (6KB, 179x250px) Image search: [Google]
1478047500314.jpg
6KB, 179x250px
>>51136665
>Insect tradition really bugs people

I swear to grod
>>
File: file.png (59KB, 900x689px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
59KB, 900x689px
>>51135960
Can't reproduce it. Only thing I can think of that would give that result is the quality multiplier being set to zero.
>>
>>51137027

I mean. Yeah.
>>
>>51137188
The point of that was to say that, as a player, I wouldn't make my flashbacks something that the GM could randomly at any time throw in, like insects. But I guess I'm just paranoid.
>>
>>51132848
Spealing of which. Anyone seen a phyical copy of Anarch in the wild yet?
>>
>>51137252

I'm the GM and I'm not that much of a dick.
>>
test
>>
Rolled 4, 1 = 5 (2d6)

>>51137364
Email/options field, not the name field.
>>
>>51128265
I'm just confirming something, I'm a bit confused on how it works.
Is it that my request for data, eg: some celebrities nudes, zips in between nodes until it finds a bunch of related junk from a whole variety of different nodes, then lists them all on a page?
>>
>>51137430

Hey Yekka, I just got a friend to download chummer, and when going through the House Rules, I told him to check "Allow players to exceed their normal Negative Quality Limit" and "Characters do not gain bonus karma when exceeding the normal limit"

However, when he checks the first one, the second one remains greyed out. Any idea what's up with that?
>>
Rolled 5, 4 = 9 (2d6)

>>51137803
Most likely I fucked up the bindings for the enabled state at some point. I won't have time to amend it for around 10 hours or so, but I'd suggest you make a copy of your rules in settings and rename the file to whatever.xml. You can then open the file in the Options menu to give it a proper name, or open it up directly in notepad to rename it. Give him that file, and you'll guarantee that he's using the rules you want him to use.
>>
>>51137901

It's not a big deal, just glad you were able to find out. We'll just wait for the next update or so. thanks in advance!
>>
>>51124682
Mystic Adept with Shaman tradition.
>>
>>51136641
Worst tradition is Psionic, they are actually delusional.
>>
>>51138038
We're not delusional, chummer. You just need to wake up. Don't believe the NWO's lies.
>>
File: tumblr_oj8nisIekW1v16pwho6_1280.jpg (115KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oj8nisIekW1v16pwho6_1280.jpg
115KB, 650x365px
>>51137129
Gotcha, I'm going to keep fiddling with it and try that setting. Chummer keeps crashing for me but I think it's related to something called "Windows Smartscreen" and maybe my file hierarchy. I'll post if I learn anything new. Thank you for checking
>>
>>51131801
Once my street sam and the riggers roto-drones with AK-97s where the only guys who where passable with combat skills.

Holy shit the Rigger had a higher body count then I did. Never talk shit about a crew that has Air Cav waiting in the wings.
>>
>>51131947
Not only no they couldn't do that there is little chance you'd summon the same spirit.
>>
>>51132163
I remember it tooks weeks of editing a char once because Chummer did everything about his cyber wrong, from essence cost to friggin price to bonuses.
>>
In Chummer5, the Drone Armor modification for Rigger 5 is replacing the base armor rather than adding to the base armor. I'm pretty confident that the rulebook means to add rather than replace, is this functionality currently just borked?
>>
>>51137252

>as a playerd, I don't want my negative qualities to be negative in any way

That's basically what you're saying.

If it's not going to show up in interesting ways during the game then why even bother with qualities at all?
>>
>>51134850
It's not that they are porn stars anon, it's just what they call magic based faces.

They could probably be porn stars if they wanted though.
>>
>>51134701
I hate to sound cunty, but the Pornomancer is an Unknown Armies archetype. The second edition, where it shows up, was released before 4chan even existed.
>>
>>51138038
What makes them delusional? The Astral Plane is clearly a psychic realm, to the point of being able to read mental states in someone's aura. I don't see how that's any more or less delusional than Shamanism, or the ritual symbology of Hermeticism.
>>
>>51139251
You sound super cunty. Unknown Armies is super fucking great (just like everything Stolze writes), but the Shadowrun pornomancer had literally nothing to do with the UA pornomancer in any way.
>>
File: street sam 419.png (987KB, 823x987px) Image search: [Google]
street sam 419.png
987KB, 823x987px
If someone fucks someone else in VR, do they cum? How does this work?
>>
>>51139374
4e or 5e?
>>
File: street sam 420.png (694KB, 600x873px) Image search: [Google]
street sam 420.png
694KB, 600x873px
>>51139440
4e.
>>
>>51139374
Neural feedback.
The deck, terminal or whatever you're using receives data from the host telling you what your avatar is experiencing, which it then translates into the right neural signals.
Most public Matrix hosts that aren't age-restricted wouldn't contain that kind of material, and considering the insane amount of restrictions on Matrix terminals, they'd neither be allowed to nor capable of sending you the proper signals.
For all intents and purposes, your body thinks you're experiencing what you are in the Matrix - and while your intentional muscle movements are suppressed, things like heartbeat, other organ functions and sexual release function in exactly the same way as normal.
The fact that you can cum (and experience a lot of other things) in VR is the sole reason that BTLs as a concept even exist.
>>
>>51139503
So what happens if someone's in VR and someone fucks their meatbody? Do they feel it then?
>>
>>51139374

Google says that sex is autonomous enough of a response that even people in a coma can get an erection and orgasm, so I'd say yes. however:

>your physical body is limp while you’re online, as if you were sleeping. With great difficulty, you can still perceive through your meat senses or move your physical body while in VR.

People in full VR take a -6 penalty to perception tests, as they're only dimly aware of what's happening to their actual body, and it takes a good deal of effort to notice things happening, so they MIGHT notice what's going on, and will still be sticky and sore and have a lot of questions when they wake up.
>>
>>51139594

IE, hackers won't know you're fucking them unless you are doing it EXTREMELY HARD.
>>
>>51139030
No. Drone Mods are all 'change your X to Y', rather than 'increase your X by Y'.
>>
File: Modslots.png (36KB, 519x341px) Image search: [Google]
Modslots.png
36KB, 519x341px
>>51139687
"The most basic level of mod, attribute modification lets you change the attribute of your drone." Look at that, thanks chummer.
>>
>>51139733
Forgot to actually type that the mod slots for drones are being weird.
>>
What kind of mentor spirit would encourage a shaman luring city folk into the wild places to die and feed the soil?
I'm going to fuck my players with some will o' wisp action.
>>
>>51139613
Or until they log on to look through the flyspy camera they left for the exact purpose of avoiding dick-while-digi.
>>
>>51139374
Your genitalia probably doesn't have a sexual release (unless it happens autonomously due to your braingasm), but your brain definitely gets the pleasure and the dopamine hit.
>>
>>51139761
Corrupt Eagle might.
>>
I bet there's an entire market for lifelike sex toys that send Simsense/ASIST feedback directly to your brain. A dildo that makes it fell like you're fucking your girlfriend whenever she uses it, or a fleshlight that lets you get railed whenever your boyfriend is bored. That kind of thing.
>>
>>51140045
That already exists in real life, to an extent, chummer
Google "teledildonics"
>>
>>51139752
Yeah, the formatting's around the wrong way I think. I couldn't be bothered getting into an argument with the guy that wrote that section at the time, when we finally implement the riggerpanel I'll get around to fixing it.
>>
File: 1423527954688.gif (2MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1423527954688.gif
2MB, 480x320px
Are there are jetpacks or cyberwings that a character could buy to achieve personal flight without the means of magic?
>>
>>51140345
Sadly no. I don't know if Shadowrun would be improved by the addition of Jetpacks or Cyberwings, but it would definitely be made more exciting.
>>
>>51140345
>flight
no
>>
>>51140345
There aren't even rules for parachutes, chummer.
>>
>>51140357
Jetpacking over all your shadowrunning problems isn't nearly as interesting as actually having to deal with them.

It's similar to the reasons why there aren't any teleport spells. Just getting your team from point A to point B is a huge part of the game, and skipping that segment ruins it.
>>
File: 1437456699518.jpg (85KB, 442x650px) Image search: [Google]
1437456699518.jpg
85KB, 442x650px
>Breast Augmentations don't have Capacity to contain 'ware
>>
>>51140531
Considering that they take 1 capacity, if you for some reason wanted to, you could take the cybergenitalia limit established in older threads, and have half that in pairs of breasts.

I'm very, very unsure why you'd want to, much like with Mr. Hyakudonger, but it can be done.
>>
>>51140613
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkqLbW6S_H4
>>
>>51140345
There are wing suits and kerosene jetpacks in 4e.
>>
>>51140644
>4e
He said Shadowrun.
>>
>>51140667
So did I, neighbour of Satan.
>>
>>51126610
>What do you do when game night begins in five hours, and you don't have a run yet?
take a random heist movie and steal without shame.
>>
>>51140630
Just take a pair of cyberweapons with essence, you can fluff them as SMG tits.
>>
>>51140630
Kinda too few.

>>51141099
Alternatively, take a cyber-torso, get four points of Bulk Mod (so you're going to have to get used to start with this in most cases), get two implanted machine pistols, the implants, and have 'em literally. If you also want more Agi for firing, go with a custom light pistol and put in the Baretta 201T and Enhanced Agi.
>>
File: logo.jpg (37KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
logo.jpg
37KB, 640x448px
About to give the Genesis game a try. Any starting tips?
>>
>>51141592
Look up the matrix maps (or write them down), because boy are you going to lose a lot of nuyen in them.

Search for the hidden stuff in data nodes, because it's going to get you some interesting stuff.

Get Winston Marrs quickly.

Don't take ghoul extermination until you're stronger. At the least a Predator or Max-Power, improved stats, and good armor.

If you go shaman, you should stock up on slap patches early on, then buy some bio-skill so that you can use medkits. Also join the Yakuza. In most any case, IIRC.
>>
>>51141592
Oh, and level rep enough that you can get into clubs for free, and try and find the way to get cab rides for free.

Both will take out some cuts into your profit margin for not a lot, especially because completing runs is your best way of getting karma. Gunderson's only get you one karma, but if you only need around a half dozen, taking six of those runs will get you the karma faster than the three plus of corps runs (plus what you end up earning while on the run).

And the posture stuff is a short hand/automation of the way you distributed dice in 2e, IIRC.

2e was never a big edition for me outside of the genesis game.
>>
>>51141724
>>51141759

Thanks, man. Which class should I go with for a first playthrough?
>>
>>51141788
If you want simplicity, go for Street Sam. It's probably the best to start for that reason.

That said, if you want to be able to find most of the secret stuff most easily, be a decker. The hidden stuff that's not in conversations is in the corp on the matrix.

Shaman is nice once you learn the magic system, so that you know what spells to buy and how much of them.
>>
Is it time for a new thread?
>>
>>51142928
Nope.
>>
>>51142928
Has a little more gas in it.
>>51141788
You have a working Genesis, and a copy of Shadowrun? Or is this an emulator?
>>
>>51142984
>You have a working Genesis, and a copy of Shadowrun?

HAH! I wish. Emulating, friend.
>>
>>51143048
I wish I could find cables for my genesis.

The battery on the cart has probably long died, but it's one of the few genesis games I actually owned.
>>
>>51142928
>Is it time for a new thread?

It's customary to wait for the thread to both hit the bump limit and reach page 9 or 10.
>>
>>51143248
THE TIME IS NOW

I'm not making the new one two times in a row. Get to it, you lazy fucks.
>>
>>51143281
it's still page 6 tho.
>>
>>51143281
The time is in three pages or so.

Speaking of things on their way out, I remember two glitches that the guy playing the genesis SR should try out, but either with the ABBACAB cheat or other bit of cheating.

One, get somebody that doesn't have a gun specialization to firearms 12. You can then get one of the specializations to 13. If you do this with the right shotguns, you can kill things you're not supposed to and hang the game at the end.

In other cases, you're just killing things way too fast. (And noisily in a corp run. Bring a good decker or Illusion caster.)

Also with enough Strength mods and unarmed, you can make the unarmed damage on a troll overflow. It's technically possible to do a multiple overflow and wind up with about the right amount of damage, but I think that may involve stuff you can't just put on Winston Marrs. Of course, if you stop before the overflow, Marrs doesn't need a gun. His fists are the gun.
>>
>>51141759
>>51141724

Damn, I'm getting my ass beat. What's the best Johnson to tackle after leaving the barrens?
>>
>>51143777
First, do you have a tricked out pistol and the best armor available at the beginning store?

If not, run Gunderson runs until you have those.

Second, anyone's good as long as you stick to courier runs that take you through downtown Seattle and the surroundings (less money spent on cabs) and ghoul runs.

So set up, go into bars and find a teammate. Any will do while we're just getting you geared up. Hire them for one run, and just don't get a run. (Marrs is the big guy to find, but there's the mage in the space needle too.)

Explore. Look around a bit, find other stuff. Then take an easy run. Complete it and rehire the guy. You'll notice that they are charging less.

Every successful run lowers the base price of hiring a runner (and an unsuccessful one raises it), which combined with negotiation can save you a lot if you're willing to do a few milk runs.

So look at the guys you can find in places you can get into and work on lower their long term costs with a few successful runs.

Also, don't forget to adjust your posture. Stay around neutral (but not at neutral) until you get a few more skill points or the really great armor.
>>
What would the people of /srg/ say the essential gear/ware for a drone-based Rigger is? Never built one and I'm lookin' for advice.
>>
>>51143857

Damn, thanks man. I'm being kicked around like a dog by everything outside of the Barrens, but I was just being impatient. I'll level up and get some better gear before venturing out.

I'm really impressed with how much variety/randomness the game has. It feels very ahead of its time for a console game, with the tons of random encounters and different runs you can take on.
>>
>>51143875
Single drone that serves as surrogate body or multiple drones covering all the angles?
>>
>>51143917
Multiple drones. The character concept is going to be using them to pretend they're capable of magic
>>
>>51143875
Four rotodrones. Two for actual shooting, two for doubling your chances of a good roll on suppressive fire.

A decent amount of initiative enhancers of your choice.. A hardware kit so that you can mod your RCC in one of a few ways. Either get even more firewall, take the box hit and get Sleaze 2 (3 or more with programs), or hardwire a program into it. Or something even more fun if the GM's up to it.

>>51143910
For fun, see if you can find one of the ghoul houses that accidentally pulls from the Salish wilderness encounters. See how you fare against hellhounds, wendigo, and finding helpful people, often in more cramped quarters than you'd want to fight the first or should fight the second.
>>
>>51143944

Should I bother getting a datajack at all, or should I just hire a Decker?
>>
>>51144039
Do one better. Hire a decker and do outside matrix runs yourself by switching with C.

More seriously, don't hire the dwarf decker called Pytor or something like that. Just about every other choice is a better decker and I'm including the mages.
>>
>>51144039
For earning money, you can get that level of skill cheap enough, especially once the deck is uprated some.

Visit your friendly data buyyer basically on the lower left of downtown Seattle, IIRC. Even has a public terminal outside.
>>
>>51143927
The only thing you really need to rig for a swarm is a good RCC and programs on top of the drones. Use the rest of your resources to boost a secondary skill or two.
>>
>>51144125
>>51144169

Oh, you can actually do random Matrix runs by yourself on cyber terminals. That's pretty cool.
>>
>>51144253
Yeah. Just learn when you're out of your league and run. Until you have a deck and decker that can take on the lesser corps regularly. Then just aim for least tarpits until you get the address code for high risk money printing.

You'll know when you get it.
>>
What ARE the horrors that Harlequin is trying to stop or whatever?

Are these Warhammer chaos type horrors, or more lovecraftian?
>>
>>51137556
I treat it more as you sifting through dozens of different matrix sites while searching for it
Basically Skill:Google
>>
>>51138953
>there is little chance you'd summon the same spirit
Unless of course it's a bound spirit
>>
File: Earthdawn Logo 2.jpg (10KB, 297x170px) Image search: [Google]
Earthdawn Logo 2.jpg
10KB, 297x170px
>>51144782

Theres probably info on them in Earthdawn, considering I would assume thats where that plot is originally from.
>>
>>51144280

Just completed my first "real" run. This game is awesome! It's on par with the SNES one, although it has a very different feel.
>>
>>51144905
I liked the Genesis one more because I never had the SNES mouse.

Plus better spellcasting.
>>
>>51144782
More corrupting than that. They acquire Marks on people, especially as they come into contact or deal with them. Horror-marked people are avenues for them to spread their corrupting influence - pushing people into depravity and insanity, or pushing people to start worshipping and summoning them, and at the highest end just manifesting physically and slaughtering wholesale.

At the peak of a cycle of magic - which won't be for several thousand years in Shadowrun - the Horrors manifest and swarm forth to consume all life they can find in the most sadistic ways possible. Last time, metahumanity survived by hiding through the Scourge (the multiple-century-long swarming phase) by hiding in magical Fallout-style vault-cities. Folks like Harlequin and Dunks, though, are/were trying to get a head start on holding them off as long as possible and getting everyone prepared in the meantime.
>>
Have your shadowrunners ever gone against a mission objective or turned down a job for moral reasons? What's something they'd refuse to do, even if they would get paid for it?
>>
>>51144974
My character was an ex-bunraku doll who would renege or turn down missions whenever it became clear that they were doing anything involving enslavement or subverting someone's free will. She spent a significant amount of her run rewards on putting together a halfway house for victims of human trafficking and prostitution which quickly turned into a gang of like-minded community protectors and vigilantes.

She earned a fair bit of Notoriety until her Fixer learned that he really needs to make sure that the Johnson doesn't want her to do anything that would fall into that category.
>>
File: 1472933495647.jpg (42KB, 550x693px) Image search: [Google]
1472933495647.jpg
42KB, 550x693px
>>51144974

Once yeah
>party based out of Miami
>get hired to go out and pop some cigarette boats and hijack the cargo, send an explosive message
>client is high end, offering fair scratch, and my drug addled Face\Gunslinger was getting the itch for big money (debts debts debts...)
>the rest of the team though it would be fun to cruise around the ocean playing privateer
>anyway, we do the legwork and find out the boats are part of a smuggler outfit running vat grown meat to a renegade research team trying to come up with synthetic meat for ghouls
>the smugglers were doing it pro-bono
>and the smugglers were cool guys
>end result, we didn't get shit, but made some friends
>friends that came in handy when we needed to drop some tactical munitions on an island owned by a vampire shitbag and his private merc army.

However, no other corps would hire us for shit because of the rep hit, and we got stuck doing a lot of shit money work for down-n'-outs. My Face\Gunslinger ended up turning to cutthroat poker which led him to sit with genuine trillionaires and walked out with over 2 million nuyen.
>>
>>51144974
I had a celebrity runner, so all of the character's moral choices for really magnified. It meant that when he had to choose between doing the right thing or finishing the job, he'd almost always choose the right thing. He took some Notoriety because of it, but he'd always get Street Cred because his hard-but-moral choices were broadcast for the world to see.
>>
Follow up question: have your shadowrunners done anything genuinely nice and selfless for someone else? Not necessarily charity work (runners have to eat too, after all), but that's bonus points.
>>
>>51145169
"Rescuing the technomancer kid from the corporate lab" definitely falls under that since we were there for an entirely different reason and expected absolutely nothing but trouble from doing that,yet still did it without hesitation.

Beyond that and generally trying to keep the runs smooth and the bodycount/collateral damage/... low, not really.
>>
>>51144840

You don't re-summon a bound spirit. The spirit kinda just chills in the astral until you call in your favors.

Once its favors deplete, and it leaves, then your SOL.

Unless you have the spirit formula or something like that to guarantee the same spirit, you're almost never gonna re-summon the same one.
>>
>>51145051

how does your GM do poker? Is it a roll? Actual luck? what?
>>
>>51145327
Not him, but while there's a luck component of poker there's a huge amount of skill that goes into playing it well. It's not one of those purely-luck-based games like the ones where you gamble against the house.
>>
>>51145348

I know how real poker works, I'm curious how his GM would do poker. I was thinking about making a character who is seriously in debt due to a gambling (specifically poker) addiction, but I don't want to do it if it's pure luck that determines how good my character is.
>>
>>51145296
I think what the original guy meant was more summoning in the sense of calling them to you while you have favors
>>
>>51145373
I'd make it an Interest Knowledge Skill of Gambling with a Poker specialty, personally. It's not likely to come up much during actual play. Maybe as a way of scoring a few hundred extra nuyen here and there during downtime, though, and certainly as a justification for trading karma for nuyen during downtime.
>>
>>51145373
I'd do it as an opposed roll of Charisma (for reading opponents, maintaining poker face etc) + Logic.
>>
>>51145432
>Logic
Why not intuition?
>>
>>51145373

My GM made it an Edge+intuition roll. Since we do actually have a Luck mechanic in shadowrun, why not use it?
>>
>>51145490
Is your GM Jason Mallory? Because he's my GM and that's how he does it too.
>>
>>51145517

Nope, sorry.
>>
>>51145490
That would work too.
Although I'd do that for games where chance has a bigger role and it's player vs house rather than player vs player. The players can use their edge points to reroll their poker rolls if they want to, that's another way to use the luck stat.
>>
>>51145474
Because math, probability and stuff. I know shit all about poker though, intuition might very well be a better option.
>>
>>51145533
Hm. Is he a member of the Catalyst Demo Team, a Shadowrun veteran or both? I can't help but feel that this is either a rule from a previous edition, something their tell everyone on the CDT to do or both.

>>51145561
So what would counting cards in Blackjack be, Logic+Edge?
>>
>>51145616
Sure, sounds reasonable.
When my runners were in Las Vegas, I simply handled slot machines as a Very Hard Edge roll.
>>
>>51145616

I dunno/doubt it. He's been playing shadowrun for a while, but I've never gotten the impression he's done anything but just play with friends.
>>
>>51145639
Keep in mind though that no matter how you handle it mechanically, I still think that actual chance should still be an important factor, or you kinda lose the feel and excitement of gambling. So the target difficulty should be high.
>>
>>51145645
Perhaps it's just the natural solution most GMs jump to then.
>>
Are there rules in 5th edition for using knowledge skills to boos active skills? Like getting a bonus to your Armory skill for repairing a revolver because you have Firearms as a knowledge skill. Because my players keep wanting to do that, and I don't know if that's cheese or not.
>>
>>51145695
Don't do it. Active skills can replace knowledge skills, but there's no benefit in having knowledge skill overlap your active skills.
>>
File: orkdecker.jpg (445KB, 870x1243px) Image search: [Google]
orkdecker.jpg
445KB, 870x1243px
>>51145695
*boost
>>
File: Natasha_Kreskov_by_Scebiqu.jpg (124KB, 552x765px) Image search: [Google]
Natasha_Kreskov_by_Scebiqu.jpg
124KB, 552x765px
>>51145707
Yeah, that's probably for the best. Just wanted to check though.
>>
>>51145728
If your players took knowledge skills in the hope of stacking them somehow with active skills, give them a pre-session chance to swap them for more useful knowledge skills before locking them in again.
>>
Can cyberweapons be bound as weapon foci?
>>
NEW THREAD
>>51145842
>>51145842
>>51145842
>>
I just picked up a copy of 1e at a garage sale for 5 dollars.

what am I getting myself into here?
>>
>>51123701
Good on ya jesse you fucking lad cunt
Thread posts: 369
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.