[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

40k General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 446
Thread images: 75

File: 40k tg3.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
40k tg3.png
1MB, 1024x768px
/tg/ is a gw conspiracy edition

Fast attack riptides sub-edition

previous thread >>51041395

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>As current as the FAQs get
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (MAKE SURE TO TIP CLOWNS 10%):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
>>51046845
FITIN

AND

WINNIN
>>
>>51046828
Hoping for some Guard love this update.
>>
File: Fall of Cadia.png (2MB, 1000x737px) Image search: [Google]
Fall of Cadia.png
2MB, 1000x737px
We nearly ded
>>
Tau are fine.
>>
can you put fish in a meatgrinder?
>>
>>51046875
Your point being?
>>
I wrote a Genestealer Cult list for shits and giggles, curious to see if "enough mech" can give it a critical mass that sidesteps the whole issue of mech being usually weak.

This list has absolutely no Characters, so the Brood Brother Leman Russ is my Warlord. Whee.

The Chimeras Infiltrate and are makeshift Mining Laser bunkers. Other than the Warlord Russ and Rockgrinders, most everything else can Outflank or Infiltrate. The Goliaths get Tank Hunter on their TL Autocannons because why not?
>>
10th for more things need amphibious
>>
Nth for Crusaders with in Crusaders in Crusader detatchments.
>>
>>51046828

>start browsing TG, see some warhammer generals so decide to check it out
>get into it again decide to buy a army
>300$ later into a Deldar Force and starting a new Night Lords force

totally a GW conspiracy
>>
>>51046945
how many water hazards do you have on your table? actually that might make for an intersting table
>>
File: Imp Guard.png (1MB, 1200x1976px) Image search: [Google]
Imp Guard.png
1MB, 1200x1976px
Rate please.
>>
What can a person using Opera use to open epubs?
>>
File: tg 1850.png (109KB, 676x2004px) Image search: [Google]
tg 1850.png
109KB, 676x2004px
>>51046879
I did the best I could, this list fills in the gaps u had, at least I think so, the xv8 suits can be equipped how ever u want.
>>51046997
You could try voluntary euthanasia
>>
>>51046977
It's like crack man.
>>
>>51046988
Needs moar Heavy Weapon Squads.
>>
File: Death Guard ITC - 1850pts.jpg (336KB, 900x1240px) Image search: [Google]
Death Guard ITC - 1850pts.jpg
336KB, 900x1240px
Reposted from the previous thread, didn't get any C&C.

The Mutilators are makeshift "Lone Wolf" wannabes; they're an even bigger distraction Carnifex than before now that they get Feel No Pain and free Veterans of the Long War (Camp an objective and dare that Gladius player to bring a Razorback nearby).

The Heralds act like Land Speeders/WC Batteries and roll on Lore of Change, fishing for Boon of Flame (to summon Burning Chariots) or Prismatic Ray (for the D).

The Sorcerers are Fearless so each one hides in a Cultist blob. They take Summon & Shriek, and the third power is a wildcard.
Curse of the Leper is ideal because it lets a Mutilator pretend to be a budget Carnifex for a turn, but most Nurgle powers are pretty useful.

It's a surprising amount of dakka for a Chaos build. I have enough WC to put 3 dice on each Herald for Flickerfire, and 2 on each Sorcerer for Shriek.
>>
To Dreadclaw or not to Dreadclaw for my Nightlords Warband?

I have a few Pods that I want to convert, but everyone always shits on them. A flying ObSec pod with vector strikes that lets me assault T2 doesn't sound that bad. However, I kinda want to fill it with assault chosen, which is probably a terrible idea.
>>
>>51046997
Azardi or Kobo
>>
Are wyrdvane psykers any good? Seems like 10 of them in a chimera with a commisar or primaris could do some serious damage before they got ruined.
>>
>>51046828
is there a way to use mayhem pack (3 helbrutes that deep strike) with the traitor legions? if i get it right i cant?
>>
>>51046975
Hope they get their Crusader seals back.
>>
File: chaplain_by_cyphercodicer2.jpg (393KB, 976x1270px) Image search: [Google]
chaplain_by_cyphercodicer2.jpg
393KB, 976x1270px
>>51047095
Indeed.
>>
>>51047040
Assault chosen are just overpriced

Compare warp talons in a raptor talon to buying lightning claws for a chosen dude

That and the special weapons are such good value, 5 Melta for 50 points and still keep the ccw and bolt pistol? Add a power fist combi Melta champion, a power fist combi Melta lord and force staff Combi Melta sorcerer. Put them in a pod and wipe something out good and proper.
>>
>>51047059
Only really notable in Psykana.
>>
>>51047119

Fair, I suppose. They're a tad pricey. Also, it's only 4 specials, but still. I think I'll do that, though.

For the Lord, I'm going to give him the Claws of the Black Hunt for the +1S and rending lightning claws.
>>
>>51047008
think its worth dropping stims to run dawnblade? dawnblade seems pretty insane. i might do flamers on the crisis suits since it would be funny considering all the yvahras plasmaflamers
>>
>>51046975

For the Emperor ?nd Sigismund!
>>
>>51046988
You named your tanks! How cute! Do the names mean anything?

Never tried putting special weapons on bs3 before. So long as you got the command squad issuing bring it down you should be fine.
>>
File: diego-gisbert-llorens-sigismund.jpg (893KB, 1920x3315px) Image search: [Google]
diego-gisbert-llorens-sigismund.jpg
893KB, 1920x3315px
>>51047169
NO PITY! NO REMORSE! NO FEAR!
>>
>>51047182
The Devil Dogs are named for african nature spirits, Chikere means God Created, Chima means God Knows.

Kayin is Celebrated Child and Monifa means I am Lucky.
>>
>>51047182
Not that Anon but my three Exorcist tanks are named "Forgiveness", "Mercy", and "Compassion".
>>
Nth for Canticles of the Archmagos =/= Canticles of the Omnissiah. Friendly vehicles might be affected by CotA BECAUSE Cawl also confers CotO to friendlies within 12", we have no way of knowing until Cawl's actual rules leak.
>>
Feels pretty bad taking casual tau in a pickup game against a guy who it quickly emerges doesn't really know how to play the game properly.

Taking a list that's in theory toned down enough to be beatable by mid tier armies, then having a one sided slaughter anyhow because of some basic tactical mistakes in turn 1 and 2 that make things basically unrecoverable.
>>
>>51047241
If it makes you feel better I've had that while playing Sisters. Feels like I'm kicking a puppy.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 600x620px
How much money and effort would it take to convert up some good looking space skavens?

And hell, if I did, what should I run them as?
>>
>>51047156
Do you have broadsides, since I'd recommend taking a retaliation cadre and then working from there with a CAD. Also a Dawn Blade required an auxiliary formation, do you have any? otherwise I'd just run a retaliation cadre with CAD and if points allow it, a drone net as well.
>>
>>51047252
Run them as Guard, Orks or Renegades and Heretics.
>>
>>51047241
What basic mistakes did he make?
>>
>>51047227
Fucking leak already it is almost pre order time.

I do not wish another IA

Side note anyone else got banned for out of topic and ban evading? Was going to post from my phone and got the warning. I knew people sperg about phone but really random bans?
>>
>>51047252
Renegades and heretics mutant swarm
Nurgle devoted
>>
>>51047271
Stop shitposting and you won't get banned, anon
>>
>>51047252
mantic veermyn
have a look
>>
>>51047252
Guard, ork, GSC, Adeptus Mechanicus Super friends.

Hey round bases and mostly dudes with random guns should be enough.
>>
thicc
>>
>>51047296
I haven't post till now in days. And the ban was from yesterday. Utterly confuse.

A ban for shitposting I can understand.
>>
>>51047169
>?
man i dunnoooo
>>
>>51047241
If your "casual tau" was actually three Riptides and a Stormsurge, I'd have a hearty laugh.

But seriously, what were the lists like and what was he playing? Was his army not that good or was it literally just the tactical blunders?
>>
>>51047302
It doesn't look thicc there. Might be a case of shitty pictures and photoshop? I'll have to see the model my self.
>>
>>51047302
:/

wish they didn't paint those scions Templar colors, I thought that was a new unit
>>
Night Lords or Dark Ekdar, TG? Which should I put my focus on?

>>51046977

I have a bit of both, too. I can't decide which to focus on first.
>>
>>51047387
They didn't even use the Iotan Gorgonnes color scheme (The ones who work with the SoB). Dissapointing.
>>
>>51047257
i could pick up broadsides. im still building the taus 2bh ive just got 2 riptides +surge+ start collecting box atm. but i want to get 2 yvahras since they look cool.

i was thinking of doing heavy retribution cadre instead of the yvahras, but i think its a lot less flexible in list building and shit.

this list looks hilarious
>>
>>51047269

Unloaded three quarters of his army into my Ghostkeel and killed one drone, would be the opening one. In theory he coulda backfooted me onto almost nil markers and cleared half my stealth suits. (No, I'm not running the OSC formation, it's a stealth themed CAD. No tides, broadsides ect.)

The rest was mostly just absolutely terrible maneuvering. He had enough assault units going that he could have pressured me hard with good maneuvering, and enough fire support to be able to pick stuff off to attrition my options in the meantime.
>>
>>51047407

Stick with Dark Eldar. Don't take the Power Armor drugs, bro.
>>
>>51047387
I'm kind of hoping all those Black Templar Models means there's at least an upgrade sprue coming out. I doubt the studio spent ages sculpting them with greenstuff just for those pictures.
>>
File: IH-skitarii.png (313KB, 864x1190px) Image search: [Google]
IH-skitarii.png
313KB, 864x1190px
Is there any improvements to be made on this?
>>
>Building my imperial guard turned "imperial" army
>Army grows like a cancer with loads of allied detachments and half-armies
>First game in ages this saturday
Help, pick three from this list;
Imperial Guard
Inquisition
Assassins
Blood Angels
Grey knights
>>
Playing IG, what should I build against Ravenwing?
>>
>>51047426
Looks like it's the upgrade kit plus new Marine models. Looks good but is nothing new unless they rebox.
>>
>>51047437
Correction, the techmarine doesn't exist in that list anymore.
>>
>>51047182
>>51047226

Not that anon either but my Kastelan Robots are named Lefty and Righty, with each one having its eponymous hand as a gun and the other as a power fist.

And sometimes I call them 1 and 0
>>
>>51047444
imperial guard, imperial guard, inquisition.
>>
>>51047344

>If your "casual tau" was actually three Riptides and a Stormsurge, I'd have a hearty laugh

Massed stealth suits, marker commander, some suicide fusion suits for troop tax. Remoras.

Basically, like 80% burst cannons.

Other guy was playing a pretty generic fluffy ultramarine list. A bit too character heavy, had Calgar for no mechanically sound reason.
>>
File: Orch.jpg (82KB, 658x876px) Image search: [Google]
Orch.jpg
82KB, 658x876px
Writerfag here, figured I'd give you guys a taste of what I'm working on. Please be nice, this is my first time.
"Battle-Brother Brother Battlius was battling his way through the Battle of Fraternia, his Battle-Brothers battling bravely by his side as the battle raged on under the dark and battered sky. Their vile foes, the vilest foes that ever were vile (and foes) were the Orchs of Orchustan, lead by the ever-feared War-king Orchiman Waaghface. Xenos blood spattered his helmet as he drove his chainrapier into the face of another unfortunate-looking Orch. Suddenly and all of a sudden, one of the foul greenskins snuck up behind the brave battle-brother and bludgeoned him with a blow from an iron-wrapped branch of wood. As Brother Battlius fell, the would-be chartreuse assailant was sundered by heavy weaponry. In the distance, the heavy bolts of a Heavy Bolter© could be heard bolting down huge swaths of the dirty Orchs, who were putting up quite the battle. It was the Space Marine Devastators©!
They had hunkered down in a bunker nearby, a group of bunkered hunks that were busy gunning down any disgusting Orch that dared show its besnouted face. Thick, dark ichor ran down the steps of the bunker where the Devastators© were hunkered down, blood from the unhygienic Orchs pooling under the TheraPlasteeAdamantiStonyHardium boots of the battle-brothers that had saved Brother Battlius from a certain death at the hands of the repugnant Orch and his crude club weapon. "Brothers!" He hailed them with four raised fingers, held skyward towards the sky in a V-shape as was the Space Marine© custom. His battle-brothers returned his greeting, and continued mowing down the frail and desperate muck that were the uncivilized Orchs. A faint chime was heard, the very Master of the Chapter was inclined to communicate with him!
"Brother Battlius, you have done well in service of our God-Prime Minister. You will be honoured for your acts of valour."
Thoughts?
>>
File: Dark Eldar - 1000pts.jpg (199KB, 900x869px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Eldar - 1000pts.jpg
199KB, 900x869px
>>51047425

Even if my Deldar would be this?
>>
File: PraiseTheOmnisslowah.jpg (47KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
PraiseTheOmnisslowah.jpg
47KB, 800x800px
>>51047252
AdMech b/c of the jezails and wacky containers of goop and gas masks.

Would probably take a good amount of money though, like anything in this hobby
>>
>>51047302

So Abaddon is not gonna get a new mini

wtf
>>
>>51047470
Imperial guard or Inquisition warlord?
>>
>>51046977
I'm working on talking a friend into splitting a Dark Vengeance with me for pretty much the same reason.

Related, how well would the CSM in that set work as Alpha Legion, or Death Guard? Maybe Emperor's Children?
I feel DG would need different models to get full benefits and you'd want noise marines for Emperor's Children, but I think Alpha would be ok. Even a bonus to your cultists.
>>
>>51047151
It's 5 specials

4 are special ccw or gun
1 is special or heavy weapon
>>
>>51047458
Naming models is part of the charm I think.
>>
>>51047444
Imp
Inq
Ass
Who even needs marines
>>
>>51047500
>inquisition
>not being in command
>>
>>51047484
You're going to suffer with that.

Work some blasterborn with venoms in there.
>>
>>51047484

Wyches are one of the worst units of the entire seventh edition. I love the models but damn they suck in the game.
>>
>>51047484
Drop a couple Reavers in favor of warriors in Raiders and it'll look beautiful.
>>
>>51047515
Definitely. It adds a ton to the game and the hobby if you can make a good/fun/interesting narrative
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 2020pts.jpg (402KB, 900x1498px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 2020pts.jpg
402KB, 900x1498px
>>51046988
I've re-worked some stuff and trimmed some of the stuff I think wasn't helping much.

Drop all the banners and the med packs. The banners look amazing, but they aren't worth the points. Personally I would use the model with the banner, but use him as a normal veteran. Just tell your opponents that you don't actually have the banner purchased, that it's an aesthetic choice.

Melta Guns are tough to use in Infantry Squads because they are slow, BS3 and the Meltas are shot ranged.

Split up the Psyker squad into 2 so each squad can cast a power.

I dropped some other things and gave the Company Command Kurov's Aquila, which gives a 6 inch bubble of Preferred Enemy. Re-rolling 1s for wounding and hitting is pretty great.

I attached Priests to each blob squad to make them Fearless. Primaris Psyker is attached to both blobs too. I'd recommend selecting from Divination twice, that way you can get Prescience as well as whatever other 2 you roll. Hopefully you roll whatever number it is that gives you and the squad a 4+ Invulnerable save.

Each Platoon has a dedicated role. One is anti-heavy tanks/monstrous creatures and the other is anti-light vehicles.

This all leaves you with 35 points left to do whatever. However, if I got the whole feel wrong of the army and you wanted them to a mobile, 80 men running forward to smash into the enemy, then replace all the heavy weapons I chose with special weapons. Whatever you end up doing, I'd highly recommend getting Commissars or Priests for the Infantry blobs at the minimum.
>>
>>51047515
>Make up a backstory and theme for my army in my head
>Come with with a few names and nick names for them
>think up personalities and relationships for them
>Drop spaghetti when someone asks me about them
Because it's embarrassing and I'm weird to go in to this much detail, right?
>>
>>51047488

He is for next book.
>>
>>51047420
If that's what you got, it's a good start.
You do have to consider one thing though.
Are you going to do tournament play only, or are u hoping for casual games as well. Since with the units you have, most people won't play against you since running so many creatures generally turns people off, since their so hard to deal with. Also if you're still wondering what to buy exactly, there are several options you can choose from to expand your list:
1. another riptide: riptide wing is an overpowered bullshit formation, but it is still good.
2. Pick up a broadside and a commander and take a retaliation cadre, great bomb for striking at the rear of an opponent
3. Pick up some foregworld air units, the dx6 remora drones and the barracuda ax-5-2 are some of the best flyers in 40k. Also be on the look out for the foregworld update to the tigershark series, a series of superheavy flyers whose job is to rape vehicles and titans with flying D weapons
4. Pick up 2 xv109, this is an interesting choice of battlesuit to pick up. i'd suggest getting one first to see how it feels in combat and whether it works with the rest of your list
5. Optimised stealth cadre, this is the other cheese formation that tau have. 1 ghostkeel plus 2 stealth teams with bullshit rules. these being that they hit rear AV, get +1 to bs and ignore cover, a rule that can be used every shooting phase.
6. Targeted reconnaissance cadre, the new battleforce for tau, gives a great formation that peaks at about 750 points when equipped well
7. Rapid insertion force, pick up a stealth team and run it in a formation that puts everything except the stealth team on the table, then deepstrikes the rest turn one and doesn't scatter if it's within 6 inches of the stealth team.
>>
>>51047473

>some suicide fusion suits for troop tax.

Why didn't you just take Kroot then?
>>
>>51047609
Yea but who cares.
>>
>>51047609

You play with little plastic army men. It's too late to start worrying about embarrassing
>>
>>51047533
>>51047470
The IA book didn't replace the Inquisition codex, right?
>>
>>51047609
if someone thinks making up a backstory for your plastic men that you spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on is stupid

they can suck it. its part of the game.
>>
File: Krieg.gif (663KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
Krieg.gif
663KB, 240x320px
>>51046845
Come again mother fucker?
>>
>>51047580
You sure Repentias don't hold that place? At least DE can have a transport to actually get them in melee and assault from said transport.
>>
>>51047647
Ogryn are probably the worst because they are so expensive.
>>
>>51047563

At higher points, yes. Probably.

>>51047580

I know, but I want to do a Wych Cult. I am thinking about getting an old Shatterstorm

>>51047598

The problem is that 5 units of Reavers is its the only way to avoid retarded unit pricing. 16ppm for a unit based on 3s is retarded.
>>
>>51047603
Plus you can turn batrep into short stories if you're into that sort of silliness.
>>
>>51047088
its a formation
if youve got points left just add it to your force
>>
>>51047669
>The problem is that 5 units of Reavers is its the only way to avoid retarded unit pricing. 16ppm for a unit based on 3s is retarded.

This is not a valid reason to go overboard on reavers. The 1 to 4 points you gain by going for nice looking numbers are not worth compromising your entire formation.
>>
>>51047688
i thought you only could take the things listed in the traitor legion codex? or are they just the ones that count for core/aux choices and what not?

sorry im a bit new to 7ed. still in 4th in my mind.
>>
>>51047627

Kinda low tech for my stealth and ambush Mont'ka themed list.

My commander is a touch eccentric strategy wise in that she favours stealth tech, but isn't much of a "patient hunter". More... Strike and fade, crack down hard on vulnerable and strategically important things using the cloaking technology more to sharpen the degree of confusion and shock than to say, spend three weeks prepping one perfect ambush.
>>
>>51047661
Shit abilities, too.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1200x1350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1200x1350px
>>51047642
Yes, no, maybe. GW have say yes and no.

If you read IA and come to the conclusion SoB and Inquisition got replace them GK and DW would too. Since it is the same exact wording. You could even say the Mechanicus super friends got replace by the Enginseer and servitor if you try hard enough to stretch it.

Hell we do not even know if the Acolytes that can buy Rhinos, Valkyria and Landraiders can even start in them, since those are from a different faction.
Hell the warband formation mix everything.

Impirial Agents: Enjoy the clusterfuck is not like we care about the rules.
>>
>>51047608
If he wants, he can now take a banner or two. But I would most highly recommend giving the hellhounds dozer blades as they will be moving more than most.

No more points in HQ; You've spent plenty for a squad of 8 wounds in a chimera. Platoon or ICs would be better options.
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
Is 6 mayhem pack helbrutes (deep strike and IWND for free ,they roll crazed every turn regardless of being damaged or not and all arrive from reserve at once but act as independent units) in a 1500 or 1750 /1850 point army going to work or just meme level? They have 4 attacks now! Also taking a comms relay and a bunch of iron warriors obliterator troops sounds like a fluffy list.
>>
>>51047718
Any codex still in print is still valid. Both Inq and Sisters have their regular books for sale, albiet digital only as before.
>>
>>51047701
You can take any detachments or formations at any time unless there are specific listed restrictions.

So in this case, the mayhem pack would NOT be part of your FBD (formation-based detachment, aka Decurion), it would just be a formation on its own.
>>
>>51047732
Mostly meme level, though it might be a lot for your opponent to deal with if they all managed to drop in at the same time.
>>
>>51047686
I might try that after I've got a few more games under my belt. I still have to check the BRB and codices too much during my game.

AND I would need to find an opponent with a similar wacky (read: post-ironic memelord) sense of humor to me, since none of my close friends play.
>>
>>>>51047745
^^^^^^^^^^

>>51047701
what he said
>>
>>51047760
They all come in on one reserve roll so they will.
>>
File: Tau - 1850pts pathfinders.jpg (189KB, 900x847px) Image search: [Google]
Tau - 1850pts pathfinders.jpg
189KB, 900x847px
>>51047625
>Are you going to do tournament play only, or are u hoping for casual games as well. Since with the units you have, most people won't play against you since running so many creatures generally turns people off, since their so hard to deal with.
yeah, my local meta is pretty WAAC so im not worried, warconvo/necrons/eldar/demicompanies, etc. i play SM and CSM so im not too worried about having the tau just be WAAC. i just want to paint and fuck with big suits 2bh
>1. another riptide: riptide wing is an overpowered bullshit formation, but it is still good.
yeah, i was figuring i could just use the yvahras as IA/plasma riptides if i wanted to run riptidewing.
>2. Pick up a broadside and a commander and take a retaliation cadre, great bomb for striking at the rear of an opponent
this looks fun. but i think id need drone net with it and that ends up being a ton of points
>3. Pick up some foregworld air units, the dx6 remora drones and the barracuda ax-5-2 are some of the best flyers in 40k. Also be on the look out for the foregworld update to the tigershark series, a series of superheavy flyers whose job is to rape vehicles and titans with flying D weapons
>4. Pick up 2 xv109, this is an interesting choice of battlesuit to pick up. i'd suggest getting one first to see how it feels in combat and whether it works with the rest of your list
yeah, i was thinking having the 2 of them try to work as a linebreaker. i like the idea of linebreaker tau that get in close.
>5. Optimised stealth cadre
are ghostkeels really that good? on paper they dont look too scary for the points cost to me, but i dunno. the ghostkeel seems good in heavy retribution cadre but it also looks tricky to use since it would need to get within 12" then bounce out for the save. pic related was what i was thinking if i dont run xv109s. just linebreak with the D shotguns
>7. Rapid insertion force
yeah this looked easier to fit than retaliation cadre
>>
>>51047700

Reavers are good, though.
>>
>>51047794
All 6 instead of all 3 I mean.

3 is bearable, 6 is a bit much.
>>
>>51047609
I felt the same way until my main opponent started gushing about his new Kabal he was working towards, I got equally excited because I had just started my warband project, I think we actually scared some of the parents that were watching their kids play pokemon we got so autistic about it
>>
>>51047802
Sure. But having 15 of them is overloading what they are good at, and making your army underperform in what they are bad at.

Diversify!
>>
>>51047701
No. You can take anything and layer on the basic legion rules. That's why they all say "Any Detachment with the Chaos Space Marined Faction can be from one of the nine Traitor Legions". This grants them the basic special rules of that legion. What those other formations do not get are the "Command Benefits" that apply only to the models in the decurion/DoF. For example Death Guard's Cloud of Flies or World Eater's Blood Mad.
>>
>>51047726
That is a lot of points, true. You could trim all the fat to be just just a heavy weapon and Astropath. That said, Kurov's Aquila is really great.

Taking the banners is really a waste. +1 Result in close combat isn't much and re-roll failed morale tests has no benefit if you have a Priest in the unit to make sure they will never run, even in close combat.

Dozer Blades on the Devil Dogs is a good idea.
>>
>>51047708

Is this fluff you came up with to justify fielding 6 YVahras?
>>
What are some ideas for a non-traditional deathguard paint scheme?
>>
>>51047901
Mostly black with green washes/details. Bile-like.
>>
>>51047901

Searingly bright yellow with rust and goo stains.
>>
>>51047866

I have one Y'vahra.
>>
>>51047743
I wonder where that "still in print, still valid" came from.

Personally I think IA was made by a bunch of interns.

It really does not make any sense specially Spreading psykers, DCA, Acolytes, deamonhost, monkeys, etc where maybe the acolytes can work on their own, but the rest where meant to be supporting each other or giving buffs to units, not working on their own.

There was no point for making the henchmen the formation or the faith train. Like really the only bonus is to give a 6++ to a unit that has 3++, 4++, 5++ and no save. Like really they thought it was a good idea to spread all this units and clump them up in formation for bonuses that made no sense.

Yes, making Jacob your warlord you can have flagellants with a 5++? Really?

Fine remove the servo skulls and the 10 point psykers but for fuck sake did you really need to spread priest squad and the acolyte squad across the codex and make them formations?

What is worst it was planned with the removal of Celestine in order to have it Fall of Cadia. The book was made shit intentionally.

Well not as bad the as carnifex incident but it almost smells like foul play.
>>
File: 1274390990509.jpg (63KB, 436x374px) Image search: [Google]
1274390990509.jpg
63KB, 436x374px
>>51047901
The Purge
>>
File: Tau - 1850pts slash and burn.jpg (148KB, 900x597px) Image search: [Google]
Tau - 1850pts slash and burn.jpg
148KB, 900x597px
>>51047866
fluffy tau linebeaker force
>>
>>51047708
>stealth and ambush Mont'ka
But isn't that Kauyon?
>>
>tfw Dozer Blades on Rhinos don't make them better at rammig/tank shocking
At least they look cool.
>>
>>51047901
this model perfectly embodies everything I hate about traditional nurgle/death guard themes, but ironally fits very well with nurgle themes overall

>ugly models with lumps of GS carelessly blobbed on
>lazily airbrushed with some weather
>NO highlights or any indication that they gave a damn at all
>>
File: 1850 test.png (125KB, 676x2271px) Image search: [Google]
1850 test.png
125KB, 676x2271px
>>51047799
Here is what I came up with, plenty of suits, and two brilliant formations.
>>
>>51047901
I don't know, a rats anus?
>>
File: IMG_1561.jpg (138KB, 569x651px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1561.jpg
138KB, 569x651px
>>51047252
A while ago an anon posted a gorgeous dark eldar skaven conversion
>>
>>51048014
Why would they?
>>
File: IMG_1563.jpg (256KB, 984x713px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1563.jpg
256KB, 984x713px
>>51048049
An absolutely gorgeous set of models
>>
File: 1481829885669.png (39KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1481829885669.png
39KB, 645x773px
>people have already read Master of mankind
>/tg/ doesn't have it for download in the OP

reeeeee
>>
>>51048064
Shhh, you'll summon that which you do not want summoned.
>>
>>51048064
You could always buy it. I mean you care enough about people reading it already.

Question why the fuck people think blizzard copy 40k when doing StarCraft?
>>
>>51048064
...But I downloaded it from the OP.
>>
File: images.jpg (26KB, 347x424px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
26KB, 347x424px
>>51047901
The cleaved
>>
>>51048097

lies
>>
File: Thecleavedmodel.jpg (45KB, 240x324px) Image search: [Google]
Thecleavedmodel.jpg
45KB, 240x324px
>>51047968
The Cleaved (and their leaky oil)
>>
>>51048090
Space marine armour looks a lot like normal marine armour from starcraft. Also apparently (just rumours) that starcraft was meant to be a 40k game though idc. Also zerg are pretty much nids and infested terrans are GSC. Also toss are meant to be eldar, a race that was once in its prime now dying out and trying to survive. With splinter factions like dark templars equal dark eldar, kind of.
>>
>>51048104
>>51048116
cleavemind
>>
File: inquisition.jpg (39KB, 495x778px) Image search: [Google]
inquisition.jpg
39KB, 495x778px
>>51047533
>>51047470

=Combined Arms Detachment= 1231pts
-Company Command Squad (7) - 136pts
Astropath, Master of Ordnance, Medi-pack, Camo gear
-Primaris Psyker (1) - 75pts
(Mastery Level 2)

-Tank Commander (2) - 390pts
Tank Commander: Leman Russ Executioner, Lascannon, Plasma cannon sponsons
Leman Russ: Battle cannon, Heavy bolter, Camo netting

-Platoon Command Squad (5) - 65pts
Heavy flamer, Medi-pack, 2 Grenade launchers
-Chimera (1) - 85pts Dedicated Transport
Multi-laser ,Heavy bolter, Heavy stubber, Camo netting

-Infantry Squad (10) - 55pts
Flamer
-Infantry Squad (10) - 55pts
Flamer
-Ministorum Priest (1) - 25pts

-Heavy Weapons Squad (3) - 105pts
3 Lascannons
-Commissar (1) - 25pts

-Veterans (10) - 115pts
Grenadiers, Krak grenades, Heavy flamer, 2 Meltaguns, Shotguns
Chimera (1) - 70pts Dedicated Transport
Multi-laser, Heavy flamer, Dozer blade

-Ratlings (3) - 30pts

=Inquisitorial Detachment= 269 pts
-Ordo Malleus Inquisitor - 78pts (warlord)
Psyker, Power armour, Daemon hammer

-Henchman Warband - 126pts
1 Psyker, 2 Crusaders, 3 Death Cult Assassins, 4 Acolytes, 1 Priest
-Chimera - 65pts Dedicated Transport
Dozer blades, Psybolt ammo

1500 on the nose.
>unused units
>sniper vets, bane wolf, lots more primaris psykers, plasma gunners, a second inquisitor with a hellrifle and a henchman warband of power armour acolytes, monkeys and servitors
>>
I need a color scheme for my warband
They are mostly new renegades with some older legionares heading the command staff, they have a lot of antiquated equipment, diemos pattern preds, sicarians, MK3/4 armor
I was thinking a gold/Amber legs and torso and maybe blue shoulders, helmets would maybe be assigned by squads
>>
Is there any better way to play Chaos than to send 180 men running headlong into the enemy ranks with a Baneblade following them?
>>
>>51048061
Dozer Blades make your AV count as +1 when ramming/shocking.

Rhinos are AV11.

All odd AVs are rounded up, so Rhinos already count as AV12 when ramming either way due to how the ramming rules work, since it's AV/2 to equal the Str of the ram.
>>
File: wheres-wally-2a.jpg (684KB, 1600x1143px) Image search: [Google]
wheres-wally-2a.jpg
684KB, 1600x1143px
>mfw GW hides a Waldo marine in their giant Warhammer World displays
>>
File: IMG_20170106_113822.jpg (41KB, 347x424px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170106_113822.jpg
41KB, 347x424px
>>51047901
The Cleaved - check out the coloured oil stains
>>
File: cleved.png (6MB, 2082x2544px) Image search: [Google]
cleved.png
6MB, 2082x2544px
>>51047901
Have you considered the Cleaved? The leaking oil gives them a lot of character.
>>
>>51048062
GET TO THE REACTOR QUAID
>>
File: 1410809478863.jpg (154KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1410809478863.jpg
154KB, 800x800px
>>51048187
You're fuckin with me

You're being a huge faggot just to get people to what the holy fuck I saw Waldo Marine
>>
>>51048187
F..for how long
That's the most amazing thing I think they have ever done
>>
>>51046845
>melee race
>i2
>>
File: World Eater Smart Phone.jpg (266KB, 1000x1086px) Image search: [Google]
World Eater Smart Phone.jpg
266KB, 1000x1086px
>>51048264
>>51048279

Don't forget World Eater Smart Phone Guy.
>>
>>51048187
what the fuck
>>
>>51048292
I feel like anything below I4 is a joke. As a Guard player, I feel like I3 basically goes last 90% of the time.
>>
>>51047953
I was going to consider buying it but the reviews (including 4chan rants) have been overwhelmingly negitive.

They say the rules are confusing, poorly thought out (>implying thought went in to this shit-stain) and the rules are pretty much all copy and paste from still valid codexes with weird cuts.
No new rules or fluff.

Agree?
>>
>>51048113

>From the first link under 'not always updated PDFs: http://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
>Open 'Warhammer 40,000' folder
>Open 'Background' folder
>Open 'Horus Heresy's folder
>Scroll to the bottom of the list where book '41. Master of Mankind' sits
>Download that fucker

There. Now quit being a faggot.
>>
>>51048027
rapid insertion force looks real good. its definitely easier to fit in than retaliation cadre. im starting to think stim injectors arent worth it on the riptides, especially the yvahra since its only got 4 wounds
>>
>>51048264
>>51048328
>>51048279

For years. You guys need to get gud at Where's Veteran Sergeant Waldonn.
>>
>>51048362
>"I can't see shit, sir!"
>>
>>51048353

thanks m80, I appreciate you taking the time to do that

was using the black library link tho previously
>>
>>51048315
He's taking a photo of the guy in front of him, in battle.

Truly a #MadLad
>>
>>51048420
#datass
>>
>>51048420
>not texting your primarch your best kills for the killcam
>>
File: 1457705894156.jpg (146KB, 815x813px) Image search: [Google]
1457705894156.jpg
146KB, 815x813px
>>51047609
Not at all Anon. I've written up summaries of each battle my CSM war band takes part in, why they were fighting, and named certain characters who did something impressive.

For example, a few months ago I fought Genestealer cults for control of a mining asteroid and my Slaaneshi Sorcerer turned into a Daemon Prince on Turn One, while the enemy Magus was sucked into the Warp. Though the CSM lost the game, they retreated to orbit and fired on the asteroid hive, melting the surface and revealing precious minerals. As a result, I named the Daemon Prince Topaz, and he's the current patron of the Slaaneshi members of the war band who shows up if they offer him valuable gemstones, as he's seeking to build his own armor out of them. So far he's only shown up once and was immediately shot by three Tau Riptides the turn after he manifested.

Creating a story out of Your Dudes is at least half the fun for me.
>>
>>51048315
>ExhortationstoShitpost.jpg
>>
>>51048461
>"Imma text Angron, bitches love texts."
>>
File: Dark Eldar - 1000pts (1).jpg (172KB, 900x799px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Eldar - 1000pts (1).jpg
172KB, 900x799px
>>51047833

How about this?
>>
File: IMG_8077.jpg (102KB, 640x456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8077.jpg
102KB, 640x456px
Anyone else have this weird complex?

>have My tryhard list
>preparing for tourney with it for the past couple weeks
>win every game pretty soundly
>list seems solid, don't feel like it needs changes
> "I'd like to see what kind of list it is that finally beats me"
>[email protected]
>play against what looked like a tame list
>I get raped
>not a single unit did what it was meant to do
>psychic dice took the game off and I barely got a single success
>guy was getting perfect shots to hit my army in really bad weak points I didn't have, even if he didn't know it
>go home, wishing I could have done better but oh well
>it begins
>bothered by how so many units didn't do their job
>I shouldn't have lost that badly
>it's so obvious this list sucks against some builds, all builds
> tourney is tomorrow, not enough time to get another game in
>just want to scrap the entire list and play an untested one instead

I know deep down the list isn't that bad, it's won like 90% of the games I played against a lit of different armies, but sometimes that one game where the machine breaks down on you can really hurt your trust in your army
>>
>>51048544

If you want a list that won't lose to some random guard faggot who loses all their games except for the one game they got lucky and matched against you, play Eldar or something. You will always have that 1% chance to lose to some random shit with most top armies.
>>
>>51048544
don't play tourneys
>>
>>51048544
post list
>>
>>51048574
>>51048544
Post lists and describe the Guard list.

I have had this happen too. Some low tier army that seems pretty poorly put together somehow does well.
>>
>>51048544
Dont dwell on it, sometimes the dice just fuck you in the ass.
>>
>>51048528
he'd probably kill you, but he'd probably kill you anything if the mood struck him
>>
>>51048584
>>51048544

It's because you never practice playing against horde or parking lot lists because all the top armies are just the same mobile MSU or deathstar garbage. Same reason low tier characters win Smash Brother tournaments. Because everyone knows how to practice against the top characters like Fox, but how often do they practice against Yoshi? Most of them never even practiced against Yoshi a single time so some Jap that mains Yoshi manages to win because he's played thousands of matches against Fox while Fox has played zero matches against Yoshi because he was too busy preparing for the Fox mirror match.
>>
>>51048584
Hol up gonna need a minute to get it together, gotta drive home from work like a filthy employed fag
>>
Anyone else disappointed in how Word Bearers seem good in the fluff and not on the table?
>>
>>51048663
word bearers are really good though
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 400x489px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 400x489px
>>51048610
Reason why Surprise Penitent Egines some time work.

No one expects SoB, even less expected are PE. Nor 6 of them at 750.

+++ Penitent Engines (750pts) +++

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (750pts) ++

+ HQ (70pts) +

Canoness (70pts) [Bolt Pistol, Storm Bolter]

+ Troops (200pts) +

Battle Sister Squad (125pts) [4x Battle Sister]
Immolator [Dozer Blade, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]
Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]

Battle Sister Squad (75pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Storm Bolter, Battle Sister with Storm Bolter]
Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Storm Bolter]

+ Heavy Support (480pts) +

Penitent Engine Squadron (160pts) [Penitent Engine, Penitent Engine]

>>
My local meta is tryhard ruleslawyers. I hate it. The store owner loves to brag about his army of 7 space wolf dreadnoughts.

How do I crush him without being a relentless faggot?
>>
>>51048699
at 750 though I have 3 riptides
>>
>>51048695
If you like summoning lists, yeah. Outside of that not so much.
>>
>>51048699

People ready for knights will be ready for penitent engines. Might as well just take a knight instead.
>>
File: a9528b5d146ae4be5c99fa086c03f634.jpg (161KB, 736x1020px) Image search: [Google]
a9528b5d146ae4be5c99fa086c03f634.jpg
161KB, 736x1020px
Why is there so little beefcake of the god emperor of mankind.
Also post cheesecake (and god emperor beefcake if you got it)
>>
>>51048555
>>51048574
>>51048610

I was actually the smug guard player

Gist of the list was:
>1500 pts
> a couple platoons of guardsmen in chimeras
>platoon commands had autocannons I believe
>3wyverns(I know I'm that guy)
>company command squad for delicious orders
>rapier laser destroyer for ignores cover twin linked lascannon nonsense
>manticore squad of two (forge world rules allowed it)
>two plas sintinels in a squad (weakest link imo but they have their games)
>two ML2 primaris psykers on divination and an enginseer for supporting stuff

Guy was also a guard and played a near mirror list but dropped the psykers, techprist, used only two wyverns, and one manticore, to add pask and some nova cannon buddies (too expensive a unit at 1500 but what the fuck do I know since he beat my ass, even though I blew him up long before he got points back) he also had some extra autocannons sprinkled in and some other stuff I didn't

He got turn one but didn't devistate me too hard, but he had way more table control and wracked up points all game since I gave almost no resistance as my entire army derped out constantly
>>
>>51048703
>The store owner loves to brag about his army of 7 space wolf dreadnoughts.
uhhhh... run an imperial knight list
>>
File: 1409502450518.jpg (227KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1409502450518.jpg
227KB, 720x1280px
>>51048723
>>
>>51048707
Never saw one. Usually for fucked by the 4'x4' 75% terrain boards that small tournament had.

The mad man that brought a Monolith won that tournaments. The usual waacfags lost so hard that they where bitching and moaning every match
>>
>>51048610
As a melee dorf player I understand this concept well, so many people who are much better than me have lost to me at small psudotourneys because they do nothing but prepare to fight spacies
>>
>>51048610
That's part of it yeah. Other part can be someone making risky, bad plays that work because of they got lucky. Or a total shot in the dark simply because they realized they were in range and had nothing to lose. Those moments where a single lascannon heavy weapons team is falling back and can't regroup, but rolls a 6 for their snap fire, a 6 to pen and another 6 to blow up the one important vehicle which explodes and kills half of your squad nearby. Shit like that.

That's just how it goes. Some games you roll poorly even when you had back up strategies and back ups for those back up strategies. Falling rolls at all the important moments can cost you no matter how well rounded the list or how sound the plan was.
>>
>>51048703
Technomancy
>>
>>51048750
Heresy
>>
>>51048747
>>51048774
With either chaos space marines or tyranids, I should clarify.
>>
File: Tau - 2000pts (1).jpg (217KB, 900x1133px) Image search: [Google]
Tau - 2000pts (1).jpg
217KB, 900x1133px
ok, so im new to 40k and unsure of whether this list is functional, or is it completely unfunctional
>>
File: 1409583380917.jpg (367KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1409583380917.jpg
367KB, 2560x1440px
>>51048794
Don't be gay anon
>>
>>51048804
>Tau

It's functional.

That said, if you're new, you probably don't want to start at 2000 points right off the bat.
>>
>>51048723
here you go

>>51048703
He who fights with WAAC should be careful not to become a WAAC
>>
>>51048717
I pitty your gaming scenes. Let's play a CAD tournaments of low points. Turbo waac!

Stupidity aside in single CAD scenario are Eldar and Tau still broken as fuck?
>>
>>51048830
well thats a relief atleast, so i wont look like to much of a derp. got most of the fire warriors and the the broadsides base coated, and 1 broadside painted already, but what changes would you suggest to make it a bit newer friendly?
>>
>>51048798
Well CSM has Heretech and Renegade Knights. Literally the same thing.
>>
Are melta vets in chimeras still a viable option for running guard?
>>
>>51048872

Is this really an appropriate question to ask at 11:30?
>>
>>51048846

The Eldar top list is a basic fucking CAD. Farseer bike, 6 troop scatbikes, however many wraithknights you're allowed, then max warp spiders
>>
>>51048814
>>51048750
I'm enjoying this a hell of a lot more than I should be.
>>
>>51048872
Yeah.
>>
File: 1409637360298.jpg (349KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1409637360298.jpg
349KB, 1440x2560px
>>51048938
InkerAnon was a cool guy. He did a ton of requests way back when
>>
>>51048854
If you want more practice playing, play smaller games with a combined arms detatchment instead of all the formations with special rules you're going to forget about because you're new. Learn the basics first.
>>
>>51048967
>way back when
Now I'm saddened by the fact that there is no more of these
>>
>>51048161
Sure there is. Don't play Chaos. Suddenly your army is twice as good.
>>
File: 1409575672096.jpg (403KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1409575672096.jpg
403KB, 2560x1440px
>>51048993
I mean, I can keep dumping them but I don't want to shit up the thread and I'm starting to run out of the ones with the Emperor
>>
>>51048918
Aren't Wraithknights LoW? Unless for some fucking reason those are part of a CAD.
>>
>>51048846
>Stupidity aside in single CAD scenario are Eldar and Tau still broken as fuck?
you can fit 9x riptides + 3x yvahras + 3x rvarnas + 3x stormsurges in 1 CAD if u wanted
>>
>>51049018
The CAD has one LoW slot.
>>
If Assault Terminators could charge the turn they deep strike in, would the be broken or would that give them just enough of a boost to actually be viable as a kamikaze deathstar?
>>
>>51048663
Take the death of kasyr luten on a 3 or 4 HP vehicle and get near guaranteed summoning on 2 djce. Just keep that vehicle safe
>>
>>51049004
There's no need but if you can toss a link to a stash somewhere that would be killer.

Also if how does /tg/ rate Sergeant Harker? This behemoth of a man is a Weapons Team with relentless but is it worth the 55 points? Or should the points be allocated to an additional Weapons Team or more "able-bodies" for the front lines?
>>
>>51049059
Well that is fucking retarded. Remember when you had to ask permission for this crap?
>>
>>51049119
They wouldn't be broken, just more annoying.
>>
>>51049149
They really should have left in the anti-LoW benefits, but that might discourage people from paying to win.
>>
>>51049146
It's all on my hard drive and I am severely unmotivated right now, so no dropbox. Sorry
>>
So whats a fluffy Salamanders list?
>>
>>51049050
>3x stormsurges
actually can't you squadron them and get 9?
>>
>>51049146
Harker is very overpriced. Doesn't even buff the squad it's just a guy with a heavy bolter.
>>
>>51049180
Meltas in every single slot and allied with Imperial Guard.
>>
>>51049201
nah i meant 3x in a squadron. only 1 LOW slot in a CAD.
>>
File: 1850IH.png (231KB, 865x1106px) Image search: [Google]
1850IH.png
231KB, 865x1106px
Anyone?
>>
>>51049209
Needs more Flamers.
>>
>>51049180
SIXTY

MULTI

MELTAS
>>
>>51049180
Sternguard with combi flamers to make all their bolters twin linked. I think you need vulkan to get that though.
>>
>>51049226
There's Land Raider Redeemers for that.
>>
File: Deldar Wyches 1k - 1000pts.jpg (173KB, 900x782px) Image search: [Google]
Deldar Wyches 1k - 1000pts.jpg
173KB, 900x782px
Fucked up my last list, but here's this one. I'm using wyches damn it.
>>
>>51048338

Ran my Green Tide into a Guard player the other day.

>Ok, you go first
>Wait, what? Aren't your Boyz at least I3
>No, I2

He just stared at me in astonishment. This is a guy with around 7 years experience in the hobby too.
>>
How would i outfit mechvets for fighting long range?
I want to bring some of them with team weapons for thematic reasons.
>>
File: JJJ.jpg (108KB, 1024x486px) Image search: [Google]
JJJ.jpg
108KB, 1024x486px
I NEED PICTURES

PICTURES OF FALL OF CADIA RULES
>>
>>51048744
I'm a IG and tournament player since five years now. And go what is that list ?
>guardsmen in chimera
how they an get they order?
You'r not a fucking SM you can play a razorspawn when ur budy a S3 and svg 5+
you dont need FW for having a twin linked lascanon with ur psy an order.
2 manticore on 1500 with FW rules again ? comme on...

Playing guard it's boys over toys never forget that. Your list is garbage man and you win what that ? against who you playing ?
>>
File: MT INQ 1000.png (63KB, 676x1232px) Image search: [Google]
MT INQ 1000.png
63KB, 676x1232px
Any suggestions for this list?

The plan was to have the acolytes buddy up with the Xenos Inquisitor, but would it be objectively better to just take two cheap squads of acolytes to meat shield Karamazov and the Xenos guy?
I've got some space marines lying around to make that squad is the main reason I took them. Should I take the two cheaper squads instead?

Other than that the game plan is to deep strike the re spawning scions in, then nuke them with Karamazov if they don't finish the job, and have that supplemented with lots of dakka coming downfield from the Xenos Inquisitor and the command squad.
>>
>>51049355
Please learn to articulate yourself.
>>
>>51049223
You can't have 3 plasma calivers in a 5 man squad you cheating fuck, 0/10 reported you to GW
>>
>>51049355
Fucking what.
>>
Someone told me that the Magnus the Red model has two choices for heads, one of which is a cyclops looking thing, but I can't seem to find a picture of anything like that or anything to confirm it. Can anyone confirm this with pics?
>>
>>51048844
Is there a refrence i am missing here
>>
How much rape are Traitor Legion Death Guard?
>>
>>51049372
>inb4 new AdMec formation allows that
>>
>>51049399
>inb4 I'd still take a 55 point grav destroyer over a 40 point plasma vanguard
>>
Working on building a 10-man biker squad for my CSMs to use for hounds of abbadon and/or a deathguard list, can anyone post cool CSM biker conversion please?
>>
>>51049397
Rape/10, T6 bikers aint no joke.
>>
>>51049384
He actually has 3, one with a cyclops eye, one with two eyes (one dead) and one with a mask. Check on gw.
>>
>>51049397
As tanky as can be with T6, FNP 5+, rerolling ones if you use formations. About as killy as regular CSM bikers though
>>
File: Death Guard - Knight - 2000pts.jpg (266KB, 900x1034px) Image search: [Google]
Death Guard - Knight - 2000pts.jpg
266KB, 900x1034px
>>
>>51049442
>T6, FnP rerolling 1s, stealth, fearless bikers

Ftfy
>>
File: 20161216_191257.jpg (114KB, 640x489px) Image search: [Google]
20161216_191257.jpg
114KB, 640x489px
> Can't think of a name for my loyalist custom Space Marine chapter

Help me out guys
>>
>>51049521
What's their gimmick?
>>
>>51049521
The Matches
>>
>>51049528
tiny legs
>>
>>51049521
>The Pauldron Princeps
>>
>>51049532
The Marinelets of Impotent Fury
>>
>>51049521

Iron Legs
>>
File: vang.png (64KB, 864x198px) Image search: [Google]
vang.png
64KB, 864x198px
>>51049372
Damn you got me. How's this instead?
>>
>>51049521
The Ultramarines
>>
File: Swift.jpg (677KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Swift.jpg
677KB, 1200x1600px
>>51049532
Steller Swifts.
>>
>>51049018

They have a formation that is just one WK by itself. So if your tournament isn't CAD only and also doesn't limit WKs to one, people can spam as many of those dirt cheap WKs as they want. WKs can potentially match the amount of Riptides Tau players bring, maybe having one less WK than they have Riptides when all is said and done.
>>
>>51049372
>mfw stupid ass newfags defend this shitty picture army builder every thread

>>51049550
Just stop using it if you haven't even read the rules you fucks.
>>
>>51048610

It's why my Green Tide list sometimes wins in tournies. Nothing beats watching a grav-spammer be told that the highest armour save in your army is 6+.
>>
How would you make Chosen worth their cost?

>Hard Mode: Keep it fluffy
>>
>>51049601
Half the other programs don't even fucking work.
>>
>>51049591
That's not an actual formation. That's a Decurion choice.

Of course, you could always run an eldar decurion as several people who have won, taking Skyrunners as your core choice. You do lose out on obsec bikes though.
>>
>>51049591
Wraith Construct formation isn't standalone though, it's only part of the Craftworld Warhost

And Wraithknights are a good hundred points more expensive than Riptides, they're nowhere near as spammable.
>>
File: 20161228_223313.jpg (156KB, 833x548px) Image search: [Google]
20161228_223313.jpg
156KB, 833x548px
>>51049528

Here's what I've got so far:

They are really into checking out Space Hulks to look for forgotten relics and love nothing more than to tear every xenos they can find a new asshole. Seriously, fuck aliens.

They don't think the Emperor is a God but is instead merely a really incredible immortal human being.

A major portion of the chapter were onboard a Hulk that left realspace and they were lost in the warp for a really long time and eventually returned. They only experienced a short passage of time but in realspace thousands of years had passed so there is a bit of a discordant look with a mix of old and new equipment (I'm poor so some of my models are older secondhand marines)

That's about it so far
>>
>>51049626
Intelligent people would have come to the conclusion of "then don't use a program to build your army list". But you're special, I guess.
>>
>>51049619

Alpha legion to infiltrate or WE to 1st turn charge?

If you're talking about changing them, all you need to do is lower the cost of weapons.
>>
>>51049619

Infiltrate.

Mark for free.

Cheaper access to upgrades.
>>
>>51049619
EC Melee Chosen aka Palatine Blades Mk2
>>
>>51049629

A fully kitted Riptide is only 15-20 points lower than a naked WK. Naked WKs are better values than naked Riptides, so if the Taufag decides to one up you by taking non-FnP Riptides that's his loss.
>>
>>51049619
I had better success with the Crimson Slaughter Ravagers that could get Preferred Enemy on the Champ for 10 points. Does great work with plasma, though sadly it's not really valid anymore.
>>
>>51048846
yes

people who stick to the CAD are less likely to be turbofags, though
>>
>>51049643
Astral Vultures

Carrion Lords

Void Hunters

Any of these grab you?
>>
>>51049626
Battlescribe seems to work pretty fine to me.
>>
Word Bearers are the lamest Chaos Legion. No cool factor, no reasonable motivation, just edgefaggotry. No wonder they always lose in the fluff.
>>
>>51049619
As mentioned, make their weapons cheaper. At the moment, a Chosen with a power sword costs more than . . . a terminator with a power sword. Why in the hell.

Also they should have non-shitty morale, and come stock with Veterans of the Long War BECAUSE THEY ARE LITERALLY VETERANS OF THE LONG WAR, PHIL KELLY YOU HAD ONE JOB. The fact that votlw is 3ppm on Chosen when most other units take it for less just adds insult to injury.

Yes I know they get buffs in the new supplements but that just means they went from unplayable dogshit to dogshit in the same way that suboptimal loyalist elite marines tend to be dogshit.
>>
>>51049691

Void Hunters sounds interesting. Something without a definitive object (like a vulture) would make it easier to have their symbol be abstract (and thus easier to paint since I'm still kinda shit at that).
>>
File: stussy[1].jpg (12KB, 615x589px) Image search: [Google]
stussy[1].jpg
12KB, 615x589px
>>51049737

Here's your symbol
>>
>>51049752
The fuck is this and how come literally everyone knows it?
>>
>>51049695
I can do the arithmetic in my head and type up a list in notepad faster than I can make a list with this kind of software.

It's completely unnecessary and basically exists to cater to people too lazy to learn the rules by actually reading the books, which makes them prone to many stupid beliefs about the game.
>>
>>51049662
I went and looked through a dozen Riptide spam/Wraithknight lists used in ITC, and only a single riptide in all those lists went over 200 points with almost every single other one being 185 or 190, whereas the most often used Wraithknight is the 330 point Skathach Wraithknight, and any vanilla Wraithknight I could find was over 300 points too.
>>
>>51049762
Illuminati symbolism used to indoctrinate children in public schools since at least the 80s.
>>
>>51049783
This.
>>
Vindicare Assasins are so fucking cool holy shit. But 150 points, ouch.

Are any assassins worth it? I feel like they would immediately get gibbed by everything that can shoot at them.
>>
>>51049783
>>51049791

It's a weird S, the fuck are you guys smoking?
>>
>>51049792
>Are any assassins worth it?
culexus is the only one that's sort of worth it

forcing pseudo-snapshots all the time makes him somewhat less fragile than the rest
>>
>>51049792
culecucks are good against psychic deathstars
>>
>>51049792
>>51049792
People used to take the Culexis or however you spell it to fuck psykers over but I haven't seen one in like a year and half or something for whatever reason. The others are mostly meh.
>>
>>51049775

Those Riptides are taken so cheap because they have the Riptide Wing bonuses to make up for the lack of wargear. This is purely a what if scenario. You can't take more than 1 WK in the ITC anyway so I don't know why you think it's relevant, especially when the Skathach WK is a totally different unit.
>>
File: Anon'sRune.png (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Anon'sRune.png
12KB, 500x500px
>>51049762
Better symbol
>>
>>51049827
Hah
>>
>>51049827

Wouldn't adding this to my marines cause a loss in every game I play?
>>
>>51049827
>/v/ maymays
>>
>>51049816
I was joking because school kids all over the US recognize this symbol, people used to draw it on desks and such. There are threads about it on /x/ sometimes. I don't remember where it originally comes from but some clothing company from the 80s used it for a logo, maybe they made it.
>>
>>51049856

It's ubiquitous because it was a brain teaser from Scholastic, which as you should remember, is in every school, like Goosebumps or Animorphs.
>>
>>51049856

It was just a logo that was piss easy for kids to draw so they just latched on to it.

It was basically an example of a meme before the internet existed.
>>
>>51049496
Doesn't Chaos Warband include a spot for an optional Sorcerer? Why have it be in Lord of the Legion?
>>
I new to 40k and wanted to start by playing Kill Team or HoR (because i like small skirmish games). I got the Deathwatch battleforce for christmas.

I was looking at the HoR rules for deathwatch just as an example, and the rules reference classes such as "Lexicanium"
and "Codicier" under the Librarian section ... does this mean that I should use a Librarian miniature to represent these units? Likewise with the Warden section ... would I buy a warden miniature for both the warden and chaplain models?

The HoR rule book wasn't too clear to me as to how these leader units work.
>>
>>51049856

Stussy never used that symbol on any of their clothes in any catalog ever, it's just one of those incorrect internet facts. Might as well say the circle punch game is Illuminati.
>>
>>51049872
Kilroy is best pre-internet meme.
>>
>>51049872
>piss easy for kids to draw
>implying there wasn't always a couple kids who couldn't do it right on the first few tries
>>
>>51049881
Codiciers and Wardens are just weaker versions of Librarians and Chaplains respectively. I think the assumption is you'll use the Librarian and Chaplain models.
>>
>>51048530
Better, but similar to the first suggestion, ditch the wyches and grab kabalites instead.

Wyches are only good past turn 4, and even then with all the PFP bonuses you can net with a haemy and the relic.
>>
>>51049856

The clothing company symbol theory is plausible, bot no one has evidence of it. Even the supposed brand denies it. However, as a ubiquitous symbol, it might have been incorporated into a bunch of symbols on a pattern in that clothing line. I similarly though it might have been in some god-awful Volcom bro-chic patterned hoodie.

>>51049881

Yes. HoR often incorporates miniature versions of HQ choices as Leader choices for a team so you can take leaders themed off a faction's own HQ choices. Lexicanums and Codiciers themselves are Librarian ranks that don't see the field, but are basically Librarians in training. Similar to Wardens that function as miniature Chaplains.

HoR does this often, so you may need to cross reference these rules with the HQ of the Code proper to figure out what it is. It is, however, mostly self-explanatory if you're up to snuff on fluff.
>>
Why the hell can't salamander tac squads take nonHeavy flamers?
>>
Is having your entire army be deep strike capable in a codex that still has almost no way to mitigate scatter, and barely any option for null deploy, a good idea or a dogshit horrible one?
>>
>>51049882
>Might as well say the circle punch game is Illuminati.

It is. Who else but (((Them))) would spread a meme that makes children (and even older people) harm each other so that they're easier to control? Checkmate """"""realists""""".
>>
>>51049942
>Chaplains
Because they aren't blood angels
>>
File: IMG_20170106_113426.jpg (67KB, 500x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170106_113426.jpg
67KB, 500x675px
Gonna shoot Abaddon in his dumb face with my totally not worthless special weapon.
>>
Can we please just agree now that White Dwarf describes Fenris as "Broken" that Fenris and the Wolves are fucked?
>>
>>51049942
Why would you want to when heavy flamers are better?
>>
>>51049942
IRL reason is because they aren't in the kit and GW is autistic about not having options for things that aren't in the kit (for some reason).

I don't think anyone would give a flying fuck if you gave them one anyways. "at least it's not a grav-cannon" and all.
>>
>>51049978
Go on lad, make your ma and da proud.
>>
>>51049978
that is a picturesque cadian m'lad
>>
>>51049982
he means "why CANT they take HFs"

They have normal ones, can't get heavies.
>>
>>51049988
>double dubs

Abaddon confirmed fucked up by Guardsman with Grenade Launcher.
>>
Went with Death Guard as my first army. Currently got a Vectorium with 2 Plasma CSM squads, Raptors with melta, Auto Havocs, a Termicide squad and 1 spawn as auxiliary. Clocks in at 900 points.
What do i equip the Lord with, and which squad should he join?
>>
>>51049969
But they are probably the only chapter aside from BA that have any reason to actually bring flamers.
>>
>>51050000
>quads

Abaddon confirmed fucked up by Guardsman with Grenade Launcher.
>>
>>51049550
You can only buy one Omnispex per unit, stop buying it on every fucker packing a plasma gun. You can free up like 30 points by actually reading your codex you schmuck. Negative 3 out of 10.
>>
>>51050024
Saint Guardsman with a Grenade Launcher when
>>
>>51049984
> GW is autistic about not having options for things that aren't in the kit (for some reason).

What universe are you living in? Because on my dimension GW fills kits with shitloads of useless stuff like plasma pistols but then only gives you one of each special weapon in the CSM box, or gives devastators only 1 of each weapon, or completely leaves out some options like autocannons.
>>
>>51050000
>>51050024

Holy shit you guys, Abaddon is fucked.

Cadia might fall but the Guard ain't going down without a fight from the looks of things.
>>
>>51050037
>chaos

you don't count, they haven't updated your core codex since they made that policy
>>
>>51050047

Ollanius Pius II: This time an actual Guardsman.
>>
>>51050047
>Cadia might fall
they'll get up again
>>
>>51050051
the new space marine devastators kit doesn't come with all the options either. in fact I don't think there has ever been a kit that gaves you all of the options in the history of GW, except stuff that doesn't have many options like heldrake that can only swap between flamer/autocannon etc
>>
>>51049874
it does, lol. this list used to have 2 lords in it.....so i just swapped one lord for a sorcerer without even noticing that part.

side question, does taking the command formation of the sorcerer do anything? in the foc chart for the vectorium that box was red....wasnt quite sure what that was all about
>>
>>51050087
It does, actually. Two of each heavy, EXCEPT heavy flamers, and guess what?

Devastators are ALSO barred from taking Heavy Flamers.

They can take a fucking power axe, though...
>>
>>51049394
someone said the emperor is suppose to look like this once, flowing hair and tanned skin, not to mention fabio was damn popular and handsome. it's not gay if it's fabio
>>
File: Wyches Purge - 1000pts.jpg (182KB, 900x826px) Image search: [Google]
Wyches Purge - 1000pts.jpg
182KB, 900x826px
>>51049923

The wyches are hear to stay, though. The top is kind of how I want the core to be. At the very least, I can zip around with the Venoms, then hop out and assault or something.

I actually fucked up that list because the Reavers are vanilla. This is probably what I'm aiming for now. All I need are 2 more Venoms and the Incubi.
>>
>>51050097
my point was more about how you can't actually make a squad that you would want to make from that kit, who the hell mixes heavy weapons? sure, people take 2 grav cannons because those weapons are broken bullshit that will be nerfed next edition anyway, but I'm talking about normal heavies. if you want to field non-grav devastators you're not going to take a plasma cannon, a heavy bolter, and a lascannon. for what I'm paying for these goddamn things you would think I could kit them out like the book the company itself made says without you know, having to buy even more shit.
>>
>>51050161
Just buy 2 and you have a enough weapons for 4 devastator squads. Jesus, you don't know how good you got it. Chaos havocs get one of each and they aren't plastic
>>
>>51050177
>my thing is worse so your thing isn't bad

behold, GW-induced stockholme syndrome. also: I play CSM, I was just using loyalists as an example.
>>
File: Chaos Daemons - 1850pts.jpg (198KB, 900x1126px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Daemons - 1850pts.jpg
198KB, 900x1126px
R8 my mono god Khorne daemons army senpai
>>
>>51050161
>only one of each metamorph option in the acolyte box

They're already screwing us with 40 dollars for 5 8 point guys, did they really have to shove the knife in that deep?
>>
File: 60010199006_DVLibrarian360.jpg (51KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
60010199006_DVLibrarian360.jpg
51KB, 600x620px
>>51049914
>>51049939

From the Dark Vengeance box, is the space marine with blue armor (i think this is the librarian) OK to use as a codicier?

I like this guy's sculpt way better than the standard one ... or is this character specific to the dark angels?
>>
>>51050215
his bib and left pad have molded on DA icons, but it's a relatively simple conversion
>>
>>51050198

To be fair, at least CSM can convert HB into ACs.
>>
>>51050215
Use him as a codicier of you like, rule of cool and all that jazz
>>
>>51050215

Yeah, he's fine. He just has a lot of Dark Angels symbols on him.

If you're playing Deathwatch, isn't there already a Librarian character you can convert?
>>
>>51049942
Im apparently illiterate or something as they can take normal Flamers. atleast thats what the Special weapons category says. I guess i just hear people bitching about it so much that i began to believe they can't.
>>
>>51049978
Interesting, another goon that browses /tg/. Thought most of them hated 4chan.
>>
>>51050267
CAN TAKE:

>specials

flamer
melta
grav
plasma

>heavies

multimelta
grav
plasma
las
missile launcher
heavy bolter

CAN'T TAKE:

>heavy flamer
>because reasons
>>
>>51049355
I dropped some xan and beat my head against a wall for a good hour, totally makes sense now
>>
>>51050198
N-no! I just feel down, h-honest! I'm so clumsy
>>
File: librarian ranks.jpg (13KB, 180x513px) Image search: [Google]
librarian ranks.jpg
13KB, 180x513px
>>51050215
fun fact: That model is the Librarian Turmiel, who is in fact a Codicier. Codicier is the second rank of space marine librarian, you can tell by the symbol on the bottom of his robe on the front. He is specific to dark angels in because he has their chapter badge on his left pauldron, but you could scrape it off and paint something else on there.
>>
>>51050110
If I can't convince you to drop the wyches, then my only suggestion is to go all in with them. Go big with large squads and drown people in dice.

Hell might as well invest in Lelith, she's a bit overcosted, but it fits your theme.

The serious suggestion would be to take like 2-3 Wyches in raiders, and then fill your elite slots out with Trueborn to serve as your heavy infantry/Vehicle hunters.

From there just add Reavers and Scourges to fit what you need.
>>
>>51050279
I can never limit my shitposting to just one place.
>>
File: Codex-Dogs.jpg (166KB, 900x846px) Image search: [Google]
Codex-Dogs.jpg
166KB, 900x846px
R8 my 1850 Codex Doggo
>>
>>51050110
run the wyches in a raider, you want a big blob for combat

then the trueborn can ride in venoms
>>
>>51050295
>>51050215
the dark angel symbol on his chest bandanna isn't just painted on, but you can grind it off with some files if you are careful.

the left arm attaches at the shoulder. You could replace the whole arm it if you find that easier than grinding off the dark angels symbol.

He might have had a symbol on his backpack too, but it is a standard sized marine pack that attaches in more or less the normal way.
>>
File: sorcerer_conversion_familiar.png (421KB, 320x471px) Image search: [Google]
sorcerer_conversion_familiar.png
421KB, 320x471px
>>51050215
>>51050295
also you can use that model to make any kind of marine psyker with a little imagination. here is my chaos space marine sorcerer.
>>
If I play death guard but take the raptor formation and give them 2x plasma gun 1x combiplasma will people lecture me about how that isn't what mortarion the boring intended or some bullshit?
>>
>>51050339
nice non-functional psychic hood, dweeb
>>
>>51050339
>plasma pistol
ech
>>
>>51050349
not like anybody is going to say DUDE YOU CAN'T PLAY WITH THAT, nobody cares my man

besides, we don't need psychic hoods where we're going lapdog
>>
>>51050355
it's just for fun. the tentacle on his back also represents the shitty gift of mutation upgrade. wanted something to make him My Dude, and My Dude doesn't not use a bolt pistol like a pleb
>>
>>51050339
so you converted a CSM sorcerer into a CSM sorcerer
>>
>>51050387
>doesn't not

*does not. damn I keep goofing today
>>
>>51050347
The way I see it, the Legion rules are like Chapter Tactics. Nothing wrong with using them for successors or claiming that it's an offshoot or unrelated warband of nurgle worshipers.

They're your dudes.
>>
>>51050321
It would be extremely painful, if you get a decent amount of those hounds in their face.
>>
>>51050321
6 out of 8 skulls
i'd drop those dog squads down to 5 and put those points into another 'thrister of D, champ + lesser gift on crushers, skullreaver on bloodthrister or at least a great gift
>>
>>51050374
well I guess you don't need any of these storm shields or cyclone launchers either

*bullies*
>>
So I considered buying a Start Collecting box for my new army I wanna start, because they're by and large the best deal. But is that the best thing to do as start? Or should I just pick up a basic troop box and start from there? I'm always gonna need more troops. Plus, I can't seem to find a good deal for my faction less than $70.
>>
>>51050422
What army
>>
>>51050420
I didn't even cry because you didn't say drop pods.
>>
>>51050422
the space marine or csm box are both shit
>>
>>51050339

I like it
>>
>>51050438
>>51050444
Skitarii/Admech.
>>
>>51050404
to tell the truth I don't even like nurgle at all, but relentless shooting jump infantry is something I've wanted for a while, so much so I was considering starting Bangels just for the death company

also if I am reading it correctly, there is both a raptor formation and a terminator formation, so I could have the entire list just be terminators and raptors (and lords/sorcerors with jump packs / terminator armor)

This sounds really exciting to me, even though I bet it is awful.
>>
Anyone have any experience with enginseers? They seem pretty good on paper. For 240 points you get 4 plasma cannons, 6 power fists and two techpriests.

If you hide them behind two or three tanks, those tanks will not die and will rape face.

The only problem is kitbashing models for them because fuck those servitor models look like shit.
>>
>>51050453
go fuck yourself
>>
>>51050443
how about skyhammer

multiple, simultaneous, and devastating defensive deep strikes
>>
>>51050422

Start Collecting boxes range from a pretty decent to pretty great discount, they're a good way to get started in 40K.

>>51050444

Bullshit. The Space Marine box gets you an HQ, a Tactical Squad, and a Venerable Dreadnought. That plus an Armored Assault box and you're on your way to a solid core for just about any type of army you want to go with.
>>
>>51050462

Much among the Imperial Agents needs now models. A few Inquisitors, Servitors for sure, everything in the Inquisitorial Retinue... At least the Tech-Priest got a good new model, though.
>>
>>51050466
Well that escalated quickly.

>>51050474
>pretty great discount

That's a bit of a stretch anon, given how expensive the shit is to start with.
>>
>>51050474
an hq which is in terminator armour which is bloated and doesn't fit in with the rest of the box
>>
>>51050453
Buy it, buy two more boxes of vanguard, two boxes of Kataphrons, boom, 1000 points of combined AdMech. It's a solid army once you learn to play it but it's fairly predictable, buff your shooting and pray you can kill your enemies before they kill you.
>>
>>51050324

I can't help but feel that's backwards, though. The trueborn are in the raider because of the coterie, and the Archon gives them the 5 blasters. From then on out, blasterborn raiders, yea.

>>51050301

I feel like special characters are a copout, even if they're not that good. That being said, Lelith is painful in combat.

As for the wyches, I would love that, but I was afraid it would be worse than a bunch of smaller squads in Venoms because at least then I get a couple of agonizers and HWG. Still, I actually like Raiders more. I might see if I can find an old Swiftshard or Shardstorm box.

Also, thanks for humoring my stubbornness for wyches.
>>
>>51050486
the terminator captain is big and beautiful
>>
>>51050339
>dildo gun attachment.
>>
>>51050460
The Raptor half actually sounds pretty good. Relentless Jump infantry with FnP to help against gets hot seems quite nice, along with the increase of toughness.

The terminators, a bit less so, as they already have relentless, though toughness 5 and FnP helps them somewhat as well.
>>
>>51050485
I think if I pieced the Skitarii box individually I'd be spending around the same amount of money. 30ish for the Vanguards, around 40 or so for the Dunecrawler and then the Dominus is around 10ish.

>>51050493
Yeye I know its pretty much slam the trigger finger down as hard as possible: the army. But I love the models.
>>
How well do Cadian bits and Flagellant bits fit together? Thinking of using them to make Psykers.
>>
>>51050505
do the legion traits work completely like chapter tactics? could the terminators be "allies" from another legion since they are a different formation/detachement?
>>
>>51050486

Most other HQs wouldn't really work out well in terms of price. I suppose they could have put a captain on a bike or something but then the Space Marine box would be way better than the other ones.

Also,

> Implying it matters if the HQ is "bloated" when the entire pack only comes out to like 4-500 points anyway

By the time a Space Marine player who buys a Star Collecting box gets to 1,500 they'll either have a Terminator squad to hook up with the Captain or they'll have a different HQ anyway.
>>
>>51050515
sizing should be close, but they don't look close at all. The flagellants look like hobos.

>>51050542
useful or not, that terminator captain is a sweet model
>>
>>51050498

He looks like the kind of dude who would be leading a small team of Space Marines. People who are interested in 40K and are looking at the box see him front and center.
>>
>>51050530
I believe so, though I'm not sure if another Legion has particularly great rules for Terminators. It's more that Chaos Terminators tend to be tricky to run outside of small 3 man combi-melta teams to drop in and slag tanks.
>>
>>51050514

>full auto cyborgs in robes and sallets

Yeah, that's why I love my AdMech. For the Omnissiah, anon, do it. You can save money by buying from a discounter, 20 to 25 percent off MSRP is the best anyone can do unless you can find a Chinaman.
>>
>>51050497
Don't get me wrong, I love running lelith in a giant Wych squad and running them into combat, but they're usually shot to shit.

Lelith is fun however, really really fun to watch shredding giant blobs with her absurdly high WS and attacks.
>>
>>51050556
Should work for Wyrdvane Psykers though, right? Those guys look all messed up.
>>
>>51050556

> useful or not, that terminator captain is a sweet model

I wish mine looked half as good as the GW painted model
>>
>>51050470
we have black legion terminator troops that can deep strike turn 1 now on a 3+ and turn 1 assaulting jump units so I'll still don't need a hankie yet
>>
>>51050575
well just buy another and follow along with duncan, remember, two thin coats
>>
File: Black Legion - 1500pts (2).jpg (174KB, 900x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Black Legion - 1500pts (2).jpg
174KB, 900x1186px
Should I kill myself for my shit list building yet, or is this acceptable?
>>
>>51050568
Hell yeah. The robes are honestly what sold me. I wish Sicarians had robes or something a bit less gangly, though. And yeah I've looked at a couple (Warstore, BWbits, some other one I can't recall) and it seems all around the same price. I just don't wanna make the Battleforce Error© and buy too much to start off with. Even though the formation is what like 450pts? I suppose that's enough to demo a game or so once I get them painted up.
>>
>>51050605
>power weapon chosen
>in rhinos

I would never give Chosen melee weapons unless you're sticking a few inside a Dreadclaw as a bodyguard for a Cabal/special characters. Espeically since they can't assault out of the Rhinos, they'll be stuck sitting there getting shot at for a turn waiting to run in.
>>
Since the rules don't conflict, can I run a detachment that is both night Lords and black legion?
>>
>>51050605
go down to 3 terminators and spread out some more upgrades to other units
>>
>>51050628
no
>>
>>51050628
>detachment
No. As it says in the very beginning of the Black Legion description in Traitor Legions, a CSM detachment can only be from ONE of the NINE traitor legions.

You could run NL and BL detachments side-by-side, however. They just can't share rules.
>>
>>51050605
>power weapon chosen

don't do that. those guys cost more than terminators, and terminators already come with power weapons. and a 2+ save. and a 5++ save. and deep strike. and relentless. if you're must go with chosen, take either plasma or melta.

also that is waaaaayyyyyy too many points to pay for a regular sorcerer, that dude almost costs as much ahriman or a daemon prince. think of a sorcerer as a 2 wound regular marine with WS5, because that's what he is. you don't want to go pimping out a dude like that, keep him under 150 for sure.
>>
File: Wyches again - 1000pts.jpg (154KB, 900x699px) Image search: [Google]
Wyches again - 1000pts.jpg
154KB, 900x699px
>>51050572

I wish I had started this when they were released back in 5th, but I didn't have the cash and someone else already nabbed them. Iirc, she got an extra attack for each point she beat the opposing WS, which is hilarious. Years later, I had the money, and I'm gonna make my wych cult.

Here's an updated list based on what you said.
>>
>>51050107
Ah i see
>>
I just noticed something.

Why the fuck do Razor Flails exists? They have Shared and Ap- while Hydra Gauntlets have Shred and Ap5 while costing the same.
>>
>>51050672
I am of the opinion the best way to run chosen is with no upgrades

A chaos marine with a chainsword (in addition to, not swapping) is 15 points. Add in +1 Ld and +1A for just 3 points more.

That said, their buddies, the sternguard, get all that shit too iirc and AP3 bolters on top of that
>>
>>51050746
it's a bad codex
>>
>>51050756
chosen are really good with special weapons if they have infiltrate
>>
>>51050698
There you go now that looks like a terrible melee oriented list, good luck Wych Cult fighter!
>>
File: when the bomb doesn't go off.jpg (23KB, 448x373px) Image search: [Google]
when the bomb doesn't go off.jpg
23KB, 448x373px
>>51050746
>mfw raptors have the option take a plasma pistol for 15 points
>OR take a meltagun for 10 points, which is strictly better, and get to keep their bolt pistol, so they don't lose the extra attack
>>
>>51050746
What? Razor flails are ap 5 and have blade whip.
>>
>>51050776
as long as they get first turn, which is a gamble
>>
>>51050035
Would trade my entire csm army and switch to gaurd desu
>>
>>51050605
If this isn't just bait then you got your shit all fucked up bro
>>
>>51050811
why not both

I play CSM but I plan to eventually buy some guard to make them into Renegades & Heretics to go with my chaos marines, same color scheme. I'm also going to get a daemons detachment going.

So I get to play 3 armies while they're all still the same "faction".
>>
>>51050781

Whoo! Thanks, again.

>>51050784

You are totally right. I was looking at Chain-Flails.
>>
How do I convert my loyalist marines to chaos with all the chest eagles and aquilas?
>>
>>51050857

I want to figure out how to make them into bat wings for Night Lords
>>
>>51050857
addition of bits

addition of green stuff

say they are recent traitors

say they are recent traitors who still use the loyalist book because even with all this legion hotness skyhammer is still better...
>>
>>51049856
Wasn't it on Sketchers or something like that? A shoe brand?
>>
>>51050822
Then my shit all fucked up.

>>51050756
Makes sense, especially with them replacing normal CSM in the Warband anyway.
>>
>>51050857
keep it and put red Xs over everything then add in spikes or arrows
>>
>>51050606
Sort of, you don't have a way to efficiently fill out the Vanguard unit out with upgrades out of the box. Dominus is 105 pts base, Raiment of Technomartyr relic is another 30, that brings him to 135. Onager Dunecrawler with twinlinked heavy phosphor and cognis heavy stubber is 110, so that brings you up to 245. 10 Vanguard is 100 points, Omnispex, plasma caliver, and power sword bring the unit up to 155 points, for a total formation cost of 400.

You're not going to be able to play a battleforged list at 500 so your best starting point is 750 points, where you can take a Skitarii Maniple with a Cult Mechanicus allied detachment or Battle Congregation relatively comfortably.
>>
>>51050857
spend forever carefully filing and cutting the various loyalist bling off

I have converted the entire dark vengeance box into chaos marines. Turned the terminators into oblits with greenstuff and bits, made the bikers into nurgle bikers, filed the various tac squad bling off and made them CSM, and made the librarian a sorcerer >>51050339

it takes forever so I guess it depends on how much you value your time versus just buying a new box of actual chaos stuff. I tend to convert all my minis anyway tho so it's going to take me a while regardless
>>
>>51050857
>>51050870
You might be able to pull it off by filing down the ridges on the wings for something more smooth and then going over it later with a detail brush to add in the dividers of the membranes for bat wings.
>>
File: SilverTower1kSon1850.jpg (200KB, 900x1450px) Image search: [Google]
SilverTower1kSon1850.jpg
200KB, 900x1450px
How does this look for a casual Thousand Son list? I wanted to take a fortification and convert it into their very own Silver Tower of Tzeentch.

At most have this small collection lookin good
>>
>>51050883
That's what they did in White Dwarf...

30 years ago.
>>
>>51050857
Get a knife and literally carve crosses through them. Fuck up anything Imperial looking and make them look like they've been through hell. Because it takes a hell of a lot to break a Marine's will.
>>
>>51050097
Razorbacks.

Two of the 4(?) options in the codex are FW only.
>>
>>51050893

That might work.
>>
>>51050894
Very casual. The core full of terminators would probably be better than the one with power armored 1ksons in.
>>
File: 1444436401807.gif (2MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1444436401807.gif
2MB, 256x192px
>>51050898
>that feel when you actually said "those damn kids" the other day

dammit anon, i'm only 26 i don't need these old feelings
>>
OK guys I'm trying to think of a cool use for Veterans that isnt just fucking throw in chimera and point at enemy blobs with special weapons.

So for 141 points, you can get

>sergeant harker
>Heavy weapons squad
>3 sniper rifles
>Forward sentries

Park that in a nice piece of cover and thats a lot of firepower with good saves and can't get raped by charges too hard.
>>
>>51050957
AAAAAAAAAAA
>>51050957
COCAAAAAINNNNEEE
>>51050957
>>
>>51050891
Yeah I suppose I overestimated. Though as it stands I can always make some armless wonders til I get some more plasma calivers, though that's rather shitty since I then can't paint them. The plan is to buy, build, and paint whatever I have before I get anything else. That's more important than finding a game, really. I'm sort of blessed with the both of these codexes since everything but Ruststalkers and Priests actually have use, yknow? I'll likely just end up building a War Convocation on accident.
>>
>>51050881
granted my opinion on chosen came before the newest supplement

chosen are more aggressive than standard CSM, and a little more flexible, but they still have just one wound, are still t4, and are still only a 3+ save with no invuln.

For the points, regular CSM are better for holding objectives. About a year ago I spent way too much time mathhammering it all out, comparing CSM, Chosen, Cultists, and Nobz.

I found they all sucked, but of them, Nobz were the worst. There was literally nothing good about them. Performs close to a CSM in the assault and at surviving AP- hits, but pays Chosen prices, but has worse Ld, I, BS, and gets rekt by ap5 (just in case you were thinking they could counter grav spam). Imagine Chosen at Chosen prices but with shittier statlines and half the weapon options missing. Those are Nobz.
>>
>>51050990
Really puts the nobz'in'naut meme in a new light
>>
>>51048353
Thanks anon!
>>
>>51050964
You're 5 points off an entire veteran squad for the price of harker
>>
>>51049166
Anti-LoW benefit? I leave the game in 4th and return to 7th and it went to turbo waac.

Tournament list should not be the standar. God I'm having old dog syndrome or what the flying fuck?
>>
>>51052351
/tg/ got more competitive I guess. In stores people still play what they want, hard-core players keep it between themselves
>>
New thread please. I'm on mobile.
Thread posts: 446
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.