[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 449
Thread images: 67

File: LeastGaySpaceMarinesGeneral.jpg (220KB, 641x842px) Image search: [Google]
LeastGaySpaceMarinesGeneral.jpg
220KB, 641x842px
Being Tau is like Being Black edition

>Previous shithouse
>>50996955

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>As current as the FAQs get
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Eldar insert here):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
FIRST FOR TITANICUS
>>
>>51000168
That's 30k.
>>
That's it. I'm sick of all this "Master Crafted Flashlight" bullshit that's going on in the 40k system right now. Lasguns deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.
I should know what I'm talking about. I myself received a lasgun when I completed my training (that's about 40 minutes) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even melt through slabs of plasteel with my lasgun.
Adeptus Mechanicus smiths spend seconds using an STC to make a single lasgun and don't even bother testing it to produce the finest guns known to the Imperium.
Lasguns are thrice as shooty as bolt weapons and thrice as accurate for that matter too. Anything a vulcan mega bolter can shoot through, a lasgun can shoot through better. I'm pretty sure a lasgun could easily vaporize a Carnifex with an Extended Carapace with a simple trigger pull.
Ever wonder why Abaddon never succeeded in taking Cadia? That's right, he was too scared to fight the disciplined Imperial Guard and their lasguns of destruction. Even in the 13th black crusade, Chaos soldiers targeted the Guardsmen with the lasguns first because their killing power was feared and respected.
So what am I saying? Lasguns are simply the best weapon that the universe has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the 40k system. Here is the stat block I propose for Lasguns:
(Lasgun) 72' Range S9 AP1 Assault 9 Melta Blast Sniper Rending Lance Ignores Invulnerable Saves
(Lascannon) 96' Range S:D/D/D AP1/1/1 Assault 9+2D6 Apocalyptic Mega-blast Barrage
Now that seems a lot more representative of the dakka power of lasguns in real life, don't you think?
tl;dr = Lasguns need to do more damage in 40k, see my new stat block. (Or, failing that, the rules for the Lucian Pattern Hellgun in the Rogue Trader RPG.)

Pic related, my lasgun is literraly as big as a space marine.
>>
>>51000207
My sides have been hit by a lasgun and destryed.
>>
Are Death Company worth using? How do you kit yours out?
>>
>>51000207

I am confused how a beam of light is causing such a huge area of destruction.
>>
>>51000274
maybe you should look down the barrel of your lasgun to make sure it's clear of debris
>>
>>51000229
Jump Packs, Bolt Pistol and Chainsword/Power Sword. Maybe one Power Fist in the unit.
>>
>>51000282

OK, now I see spots, that's about it.
>>
>>51000207
Lasguns are fine, they are in an army that has neither psychic powers nor real CC units. For optimum strength, it's ruleset requires a gamble for FRFSRF which has a 1/4 chance to fail every single turn. Also requires the use of Commissars to maximize it's average Leadership. I've seen a couple of posts of people saying the 'Fire on my Target' order option (ignores cover) is issued by junior officers. It's actually for senior officers. Twice as hard to pull off as naysayers claim.

In my experiences of playing with Lasguns, the Emperor's Shield Company was undoubtedly the poorest showing of the unit. The extra shot option doesn't kill as much as you think it should and not moving a turn, to pull it off, can cost you the game. Also, you generally need to balance out every blobsquad with some decent amounts of MSU units or you will eventually get worn down/shut down in the later parts of the game. Even in an army of giant squads, MSU/copious wounds still matter.

But please, don't just take my word for it. Any time another whiner about Lasguns shows up, clear, empirical evidence is usually the best form of persuasion.

So I present to you a Frontline Gaming video, a supposedly "competitive" list of the Emperor's Shield and 2 Conscript platoons, getting basically TABLED by Space Marines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhqWHIq-aZw

Are Lasguns too weak? Well, the evidence of this video conclusively proves they aren't.
>>
>>51000306
And a chainsword is enough? Seems like you'd want to sink some more points to take advantage of the huge attack count.
>>
File: IMG_4320.jpg (2MB, 3264x2421px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4320.jpg
2MB, 3264x2421px
What are you working on, /40kg/?
Played any games?
Plan to?

This is tonight's progress on my venom. Only 3 more highlight layers to go. It might be the last thing I get to paint before my 40k point 5v5 this weekend.
>>
>>51000325
boys before toys, you can sink a lot of points into them

>>51000320
you sir bit the bait
>>
>>51000320
>they are in an army that has neither psychic powers
But we do?
>>
>>51000325
Power Swords are ideal but I prefer the look of chainswords and spent the extra points elsewhere.
>>
>>51000207
That's it. I'm sick of all this "Dead Psyker" bullshit that's going on in 40k right now. The EMPRAH deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine EMPRAH on terra for 100,000,000,000,000 Inocent souls (that's about $200) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even fry slabs of solid steel with my EMPRAH.

Terran psykers spend millennia working on a single EMPRAH and die up to a million times to produce the finest leader known to mankind.

The EMPRAH are thrice as sharp as chaos and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a Heretic can cut through, the EMPRAH can cut through better. I'm pretty sure the EMPRAH could easily anihalate a chaos lord wearing terminator armor using only mind bullets.

Ever wonder why Hurlon never bothered conquering Medieval Europe? That's right, he were too scared to fight the disciplined EMPRAH of destruction. Even in The siege of terra, Horrus targeted the EMPRAH last because his killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? The EMPRAH are simply the best psyker that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the 40k system. Here is the stat block I propose for the EMPRAH:

The EMPRAH ws:9001 bs:7 s:40 t:40 w:8 i:5 a:20 ld:14 sv:2+/1+* Eternal warrior, Mind war, The horror, mind bullets, psychic monstrosity, power hammer and invunruble save.

Now that seems a lot more representative of the power of the EMPRAH in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = the God Emperor of Mankind need to do more damage in 40k, see my new stat block.
>>
File: AAAAAA.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAA.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU0-fb6OgyA
>>
>>51000207
>>51000384
>literally copypasting dead memes from 1d4
Welcome to your first day on /tg/, now get the fuck out.
>>
File: People Eater limo.jpg (296KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
People Eater limo.jpg
296KB, 1200x800px
So I'm looking into getting into the game, would Genestealer Cult be a good choice for a new player or should I go for something like Deathwatch or just normal Marines?

Just how Mad Max can you go with the Genestealers? Alternatively, how Vietcong can I go? Would be fun to put them against my friend's Catachan force.
>>
>>51000393
>First day
>Know about dead pasta

choose one
>>
>>51000325
You want a mix, as some of them are going to die.
>>
>>51000395
It's got to be a lotta fun kitbashing actual cars
>>
>>51000393
it's not as embarrassing as >>51000320 who clearly missed the joke
>>
File: Peacemaker.jpg (241KB, 740x508px) Image search: [Google]
Peacemaker.jpg
241KB, 740x508px
>>51000407
Of course it was.

I've always wanted to make a Mad Max themed mechanized infantry IG force, but now that Genestealer's they look like they'd be a lot better for that kind of idea than the IG would be.

How do Genestealers compare to Orks?
>>
File: Dr. Katz.gif (108KB, 540x301px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Katz.gif
108KB, 540x301px
Would anyone else like to make tongue-in-cheek psychological evaluations of the player base and their chosen armies?

The weeaboo Tau player has been done to death so I'm picking on women first.

Hypothesis:
Women are drawn towards Tyranids because of biological instinct; The need to reproduce and nurture. They're drawn towards Dark Eldar because of psychological similarities; Confidence, dominance, and vanity.

Evidence:
The Legion of Everblight faction of "Hordes" is most popular amongst females because it contains the forementioned aspects of the Tyranid and Dark Eldar armies.
>>
File: 1449535384914.jpg (173KB, 930x528px) Image search: [Google]
1449535384914.jpg
173KB, 930x528px
>>51000336
Nothing. I've forbidden myself from doing any more work on models until I build the Warhound Titan I've left in its box for about a month because I'm too lazy/scared of fucking up to pin the fucker.

Last weekend I played Planetary Onslaught or whatever the book is called. A Stronghold Assault mission that was 1v2, Sisters vs Skitarii allied with Eldar. The game type was new for us, and we had some laughs. Of note, my Brightlance platform rolled 1s all fucking game, and I have never been more glad that I bought Ammo Stores in my life, because when it rerolled it hit, and when it hit, it scored nothing but 6s.

I have another one this weekend. Same book, different players. I'm bringing a Knight and some Inquisition Stormtroopers to support the Sisters player attacking a (Traitor) Guard stronghold.

Your Venom's looking good dude. By the way, how do you go about priming and painting the canopy? And what do you do about putting it on its base when it's done? Do you glue it? If so, how do you transport it?
>>
>>51000430
That's pasta too, lurk more newfriend.
>>
someone posted it on one of FB groups

what are those?
>>
>>51000465
basically 40k 1st edition
>>
File: 1456112735950.png (592KB, 469x542px) Image search: [Google]
1456112735950.png
592KB, 469x542px
>>51000465
Rogue Trader, the original 40k sourcebook. Looks like it's reedited and rereleased like the rumors said. Now to immediately buy a copy.
>>
>>51000465
wait, why are they re-releasing 1st edition? oh shit, i'm actually gonna be able to play it. are we gonna get some retro supplements/codex/formations? i'm excited
>>
>>51000501
no, it's warhammer world exclusive, which means no support
>>
>>51000452
I leave the canopy and cockpit free of obstructions and just prime it all black. The balustrade on the back takes a while to paint, but I just edge highlight like everything on it. I very minorly paint the pilot and controls and then glue on the "glass". The actual grate on the back of the canopy is under coated in mournfang brown and then rune lord brass with agrax and silver drybrush. It sticks right onto the base so no need to glue it. I actually just use a large Tupperware tub. Looking to get foam, though.
>>
>>51000506
damn, guess i gotta take a trip out to the other side of the pond soon to grab a copy
>>
>>51000506
>warhammer world exclusive

Well, I'm sure people are gonna make a good amount of money selling them online.
>>
>>51000541
depends how much amerifats are willing to spend on hardcover versions of terrible rules which they can download for free
>>
>>51000558
Well seeing as /tg/ as a collective treats RT as fucking gospel I imagine more than a few clueless autists are going to pay insane prices.

>terrible rules
They were basically just as balanced as any other edition of 40k.
>>
>>51000558
>why would anyone want a physical copy of something when they can have a shitty PDF scan?

I would like a physical copy of RT, but I'm not gonna pay eBay scalper money for one.
>>
File: Genestealer limo.jpg (192KB, 1600x676px) Image search: [Google]
Genestealer limo.jpg
192KB, 1600x676px
Do the new Genestealers get armored limos?
>>
>>51000590
THATS SO COOL HOLY FUCK.
>>
File: New Marines-1.png (757KB, 1000x361px) Image search: [Google]
New Marines-1.png
757KB, 1000x361px
>>51000336
Working on painting my Marines, would love some feedback since I'm pretty new with painting

Also going to put some of my tyranids together tomorrow, I've amassed 600 of the little buggers and I've been putting them off because time/commitment issues
>>
>>51000590
No, they have mining trucks and Cult Ambush instead.

Though there is that one 3rd party Eurosite that sells some snazzy remakes and some ridiculously cheesecakey models. I mean, literally nudes in some cases...
>>
Best way to equip DA company veterans?
>>
>>51000336

Working on a couple Rhinos right now. One is primed, the other is primed plus has its first coat of paint. I don't feel like painting tonight though so I'm just reading 40kg and working my way through the rulebook instead.

Thinking of adding a landspeeder to my Space Marine army. Should I go regular speeder or check out the storm? Are scouts worth it?

Sorry if these questions are dumb, I'm new as shit.
>>
>>51000628
moar highlights, reasonably tidy though. Colour scheme could benefit from a colour thats not green too.
>>
>>51000154
What's even the difference between this thread and >>50996955 ? Same thread names, but different tags and vaguely different content. Both are active. What gives?
>>
>>51000446
I got chaos minis tho
>>
>>51000641
That thread is at bump limit.
>>
>>51000636
dildos
>>
>>51000641
That one is well past the bump limit and quietly autosaging into archival. Use your eyes.
>>
>>51000636
Bolt pistol and chainswords, one with a powerfist and stormshield, Sarge with two plasma pistols.
>>
>>51000628
>when the squad wants to pose but you gotta go fight some deamons
>>
>>51000641
>It's my first day on 4chan
>>
File: P1000445.jpg (217KB, 1600x736px) Image search: [Google]
P1000445.jpg
217KB, 1600x736px
>>51000590
No.

>>51000614
Yes, I love them.

>>51000633
>3rd party Eurosite that sells some snazzy remakes
Maybe I could proxy them as Chimera substitutes. Make a little Gangster wagon for my Patriarch to wheel around in.
>>
Will 8th ed make this game fun again? At the moment I haven't played a game of 40k in almost 3 years.
>>
>>51000653
>>51000655
I'm tired, didn't notice, and it's my first time in these threads. I've seen on other boards two "communities" with identical topics with different posters because they don't get along with each other so figured I'd ask. Thanks for the response.

>>51000666
Fuck you, though.
>>
>>51000584
>why would anyone want a scan when they can buy a physical copy made from a scan
>>
>>51000640
Thanks mate, feedback is always helpful.

Highlighting is always nicer but damn my hands are shaky. I was thinking a nice dark blue, perhaps on the weapons and maybe replace the red seals with blue seals, would help with the colour contrast.

>>51000664
Would you believe me that some guy sold me 50 Metal Grey Knights and 2 dreadnoughts for 100 dollarydoos?
I use them as my First Company Veterans
>>
I have $150 what are the essentials to start a guard army? Start collecting + armoured assault? What do i get? I want the most bang for my buck!
>>
>>51000584
ebay rogue trader is cheaper than GW's re-release

and the newly printed version of old scans doesn't come with all the expansion books
>>
>>51000685

8th ed is just "minor rules tweaks", likely just a new rulebook with all of the info from the faqs and with a fullblown pricetag.

If you don't like the game right now you're not going to like it when 8th edition drops.
>>
>>51000685
You knows? If everything gets updated at the same time there's hope, but if we keep getting trickle feed codexes we're going to keep having the same problems.
>>
File: LIMO-1-1.jpg (46KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
LIMO-1-1.jpg
46KB, 800x800px
>>51000527
>the canopy
>just prime it all black
So how do you cover up the parts of the window you don't want covered? Maybe this sounds sarcastic but I'd love to know. The best I can think of is tape and that could get messy.

>I just edge highlight like everything on it
Dedication here.

>It sticks right onto the base so no need to glue it
Handy to know. Thanks dude.

>>51000669
They look like their profile is too long, but I'd allow it.

>>51000690
>Fuck you, though.
What do you expect from a Satanposter?
>>
>>51000717
Genestealers Expansion when?
>>
>>51000734
HNNNNNG DAT MODEL THO
>>
>>51000734
where can I get that limo and how does its size compare with a rhino?
>>
File: 1481268074499.jpg (236KB, 2048x645px) Image search: [Google]
1481268074499.jpg
236KB, 2048x645px
>>51000714

Start Collecting! plus Armored Assault will get you an HQ, a few squads of dudes, and a coupla tanks which will put you well on the way to getting an IG army started.

You'll have a lot of models to paint, but you won't have a lot of actual points. IG isn't the greatest army to start with because you need to buy a lot to get up to a decent amount of points for playing other people. It's still a fun army to run though.

Have you thought about Space Marines at all? They're easy to play, have a ton of different rules for different chapters you can choose to use if you want, and are easier to paint.
>>
What are objective markers and why do I need them?
>>
>>51000715
>ebay rogue trader is cheaper than GW's re-release

Well do post some links. Cheapest I can find is almost 70€ with S&H.
>>
>>51000734
OOOOOOOH. I was thinking canopy as in the part on the back where the gunner stands. My bad. For the "glass" I used imperial primer to brush on and the name abaddon black and then edge highlight it like I would the rest of the venom. Here's my first venom: https://imgur.com/a/ViZUj
>>
>>51000786
And then paint* phoneposting right now.
>>
>>51000590
>>51000669

If they released Limos now, what would they be? I imagine AV10 (AV9 at rear), HP2, Fast transport vehicles for 5 models with four fire points. Could be okay at 20-30 points, especially if you could take a squadron to carry a big unit of cultists.
>>
File: GEN-1.jpg (127KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
GEN-1.jpg
127KB, 800x800px
>>51000734
What about the shorter one?

I was thinking of putting it on bigger wheels or treads or something like that to go more with my Mad Max idea.
>>
>>51000717
>>51000718
"minor rules tweaks" like what, cutting down on some of the random and giving us 3"+1d6" charge range? Things that would actually help their fucking game instead of bogging it down with more dice rolls?
>>
>>51000768
>How do I start IG?
>Try Marines
Dude no.

>>51000714
It depends how you want to go. The only real difference between SC! and AA is that one box gives you a MBT and a support model who can handily double as your HQ until you get a better one, while the other gives you an APC for your ten-man squad, respectively.

If you want to start playing, and start now, the SC box is the better deal, since it includes a formation in the box that you can use to start playing instantly, albeit with an army in the bracket of about 250 points.

If a heavy tank and/or blobsquad army sounds appealing, SC! is the way to go, as it gives you more models, a Commissar, and of course the Russ.

If you want to go mech then don't bother with SC! because Chimeras are all, so you'll want AA.

As MarineAnon said, one of each will start you on the path to a fairly balanced Guard army if you've no overarching idea in your head right now. If you build up both boxes, you can play the game as-is.

>>51000777
They are whatever you want them to be, but they are usually on 28mm bases or similar size. You need them to play missions as most missions involve using them as tag posts to score points.
>>
>>51000810
And maybe taking D strength weaponry out of non apocalypse games?
>>
Biggest event since the fantasy end times and still no leaks yet?

What's wrong with you people?! Get to work now.
>>
>>51000207
I read that as fleshlight
>>
>>51000822
We've known about it for nearly a year my man, well before GW announced anything on it. If you don't think we're doing well enough at collecting leaks then go do it yourself you worthless sponge.
>>
>>51000154
I still can't figure this out since I hear conflicting answers. With special characters or characters with special wargear that have a radius of buffs, can they give out those buffs in a transport? I heard you measure the bubble from the hatch.
>>
>>51000786
>brush-on primer
Fuck. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and do it, but I really do hate that stuff.

>it's former Black Heart Anon
Oh, I know you. Nice to see you're making progress with your new scheme. Unless I'm just blind and retarded. I'm tired. Thanks for sharing your secrets either way.

>>51000808
The site has a few pics of their 28mm scale models next to some of the cars, but I actually don't have any Chimeras so I can't eye one up and give you an estimate. Either way, it should be alright. A pimpmobile is basically a free pass.
>>
>>51000819

> guy says he wants the most bang for his buck
> not gonna get that with $150 in imperial guard units

The Start Collecting box is great but it's barely outside of the range of a killteam army on points. IG is a great faction but if the guy is new to 40k it's important that he know what he's getting into, IG has a pretty large money and time requirement compared to other armies.

If you're dead set on spending $150 on IG than the start collecting box and the armored assault box will come out to $140 (GW pricing), but you'll still need a sprue cutter, a hobby knife, glue, and paints so if that's your hard budget it might be better to get the start collecting box and worry about armored assault later.
>>
File: DemolitionClawAcolytesPtd (1).jpg (713KB, 2081x768px) Image search: [Google]
DemolitionClawAcolytesPtd (1).jpg
713KB, 2081x768px
>>51000395
GSC has a higher learning curve than most armies, don't listen to what others might meme about that.

You're squishy, have a bunch of unique rules and plenty of special rule bubbles to deal with.

If you're cool with having a potentially rough learning curve along with the amazing turn one wins on occasion the GSC can be super rewarding.

Marines are pretty simple and reliable but I refuse to condone more marine wankery.
>>
>>51000207
Is this from us, or /k/opypasta?
>>
>>51000873
Either you measure from any point on the vehicle's hull unless it says otherwise, or you don't measure at all because you MUST measure from the model and the model isn't on the field when he's in a box. I believe which one you go with depends on the wording of the rules.

>>51000885
>being this much of a redshirt
Modelling supplies are relatively cheap if you don't buy the overpriced GW brand shit, so it's really only paints you'll be shelling out for. In any case, it pushes my buttons that your advice for someone starting up an army is to start a different army. Yes, some are harder to start than others, but it's much better to pick an army you're really interested in and tough it out than pick up something you don't care about just because it's easy.
>>
>>51000873
Radius buffs don't work from a transport. So long as any model that gives a radius is inside they're considered not on the table.
>>
File: khorne cultists.jpg (2MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
khorne cultists.jpg
2MB, 3888x2592px
>70 cultists
>mark of khorne
>helcult formation
>helbrute dies
>suddenly 280 fucking attacks on the charge, rerolling all of them on fearless pissed off humies

this will probably end terribly but man the idea of rolling literally hundreds of dice really tickles my jimmies. has anybody done this with any success? I know KDK has some kind of cultist formation that allows them to respawn, but is that better than just going with a fearless MoK helcult?
>>
>>51000879
>former Black Heart anon
Feels cool to be recognized, but, yeah, I still don't know what I'm going to do for their new fluff, I'll probably have it so that they use Vect's colors as a front to "prove" that they're "loyal" while they actually scheme to eventually bring him down behind the scenes. But what I have in my original pic is only the first of 4 stages of highlighting.
>>
>>51000891
I've always wanted a droppod heavy Salamanders army, but recently I've been really considering Deathwing army after I learned they had their own codex (I was basically living under a rock and just got back into civilization recently so almost all the 7th Ed stuff is new to me) because I like the look of them with their Skyranger looking thing that's basically a cheap Caestus Assault Ram, which is something I really wanted for my Salamanders.
I had also considered IG or Orks.

Basically I liked the idea of having a fast assaulty army that gives me tactical options of deepstriking and such. Genestealers look like they would be fun in the same way.
>>
>>51000873
It was in the FAQ, units in transports are effectively not on the battlefield and thus buff bubbles don't work.
>>
>plasma cannon sentinel squads
yes or no
>>
>>51000908

Sorry if good advice "pushes your buttons", friendo
>>
>>51000963
I don't like them but they could be okay I guess.
Try Haemotrope Reactors and post results.

>>51000968
>Anon picks up Guard, plays Kill Team for a while, enjoys it, buys more models, builds up a cool army he likes
>Anon buys Marines, doesn't care much for them, doesn't end up finishing painting and isn't all that enthusiastic about gaming with them or building his force
I've been down this road and I've seen others walk it too. You have to do an army you can put your heart into or it just won't be engaging.
>>
>>51000885
guy who started with IG a year ago here
go fuck yourself there's no other faction i'dd rather paint or play
>>51000714
i'd get a CCS to
oh and don't forget , you can buy special weapons of bits sellers online if you want plastics or you can get the metal ones of GW's webstore , you're going to need them since the only plastics that come with plasma's, heavy flamers and meltas is the company command squad and it has only 1 of each
that is assuming you're going cadians ofcourse
welcome to the guard son!
>>
>>51000885
Don't buy GW glue, green stuff or tools, ever. They are dramatically overpriced and you can get either more product for less total cost (in the case of consumables), or the same thing for less (in the case of tools) from somewhere like hobby lobby.

Do buy GW paint, their paints are honestly very good products and their technical and texture paints are especially legit.

You will want the following shit to put stuff together with: Nippers, x-acto knife, needle files, pin vice and bits, polystyrene cement, thin superglue (brush applicator preferable).
>>
>>51000919
>>51000959
That is upsetting. I thought the rule book said to measure from the hull regarding things that in the transport but aren't shooting. I dunno why they would faq it that way for radius buffs. What's the point then? I wanted to take kurovs Aquila but the only way to make it work is to have the squishy ccs unit out in the open.
>>
>>51000999
Not that anon, but whats a good substitute for the GW green stuff? Cheers
>>
File: 1481056455533.jpg (50KB, 367x202px) Image search: [Google]
1481056455533.jpg
50KB, 367x202px
>>51000465
So /tg/, is there an edition of 40k that wasn't broken in half?
>RT
???
>2nd
I don't know. Space Wolves AssCannon terminator spam? What were Eldar doing at this time?
>3rd
Rhino Rush and CSM
>4th
Fish of fucking Fury
>5th
Leafblower and the Wardex
>6th
Helturkies followed by Riptide and the dawn of formations
>7th
Formations 2: Electric Boogaloo, now with buffed Wraithknights and Invisibility, Scatbikes, Horrors...
>8th
????????
>>
>>51000985

No one is forcing him to buy an army he doesn't like you worthless autist, if you paid attention the guy just asked if he thought about space marines at all
>>
i was gonna kill myself but i might start an ig army instead
they're just too compelling
>>
File: 1481487701889.jpg (102KB, 728x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1481487701889.jpg
102KB, 728x1000px
>>51000957
They're certainly assaulty, claw metamorphs can threaten almost anything and are cheap.

Cult Ambush can be silly if your opponent isn't familiar.

They can certainly fit a mad max style army theme too but I haven't seen nearly the conversions like I have with orks lol
>>
>>51001005
It's one of those things GW's been going back and forth on. Sometimes it's "totally, dude, just measure from the hull" and other times it's "nah, m8, the models are not on the board, so no using them, except when shooting out of the fire ports, etc."

Because consistency and market appeal.
>>
>>51001016
Kneadatite is what you're looking for.
>>
>>51001028
>howling griffons btfo in a double page spread
Gets me every time.
>>
File: This is Khaine, shut it down.jpg (495KB, 833x1390px) Image search: [Google]
This is Khaine, shut it down.jpg
495KB, 833x1390px
>>51001020
>what were eldar doing

bending folks over the table for a rough game of 40k. i've heard tales of starcannons being 3 shots, the ranger/pathfinder table sniping enemy units before games, skimmers being a pain to fight
>>
>>51001032
Thanks mate
>>
So when are we going to find out that Cadia is just a gigantic Genestealer cult world?
>>
>>51001053
That was mostly 3rd/4th. I didn't play 2nd so I don't know what cheese they were pulling back then but Eldar are usually the go-to in any given edition for that sort of shit.
>>
File: platoon.png (146KB, 881x891px) Image search: [Google]
platoon.png
146KB, 881x891px
is this a single platoon?
>>
File: 6fc69950ac3ea19fdb3af3013b18b5c5.jpg (199KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
6fc69950ac3ea19fdb3af3013b18b5c5.jpg
199KB, 1200x800px
>>51001028
>I haven't seen nearly the conversions like I have with orks lol
I mean they are only a few months old compared to Orks being around for decades.

I'm planning on getting one of these >>51000808 and making it into People Eater's Mercedes limo from Fury Road as a Chimera replacement.
>>
>>51001059
>8e
>100% of Cadians are either genestealer cultists, secret Chaos cultists, Tau sympathizers, undercover Eldar rangers, and radical Inquisitorial agents
>>
>>51001058
https://www.amazon.com/Kneadatite-Yellow-Epoxy-Putty-Green/dp/B00MQ7EHHC
Like the other anon said, Kneadatite, it's actually just a general purpose epoxy putty made by a polymer company. Companies like GW and Army Painter charge double the price for slapping their brand name on it.
>>
>>51001031
Very upsetting. I wanted to do Straken too. I guess I gotta have him hop out when I think I can charge or when I think I'll be charged
>>
>>51001071
>"""""and"""""
An Eldar Ranger 4th generation Stealer hybrid who dabbles in Chaos worship but doesn't go full soul-nommed-by-Slaanesh because he's considering the word of the Greater Good instead, but only as homework to infiltrate the Tau for his Inquisition boss
My next Rogue Trader character.
>>
>>51001071
And it was all creeds plan along
>>
File: Genestealer_Cult.jpg (349KB, 1862x770px) Image search: [Google]
Genestealer_Cult.jpg
349KB, 1862x770px
>>51001084
>chaos worshiping genestealers
that takes me back
>>
wait does the Emperors shield infantry company contain 3 formations?
>>
>>51001093
Who's just a demon driven DE flesh puppet controlled by Eldrad, who's manipulated by Magnus, who's being tricked by Tzeentch.
>>
>>51001064
use battlescribe.
>>
>>51001083
People like you are why I come to these threads, absolute legends

Cheers mate
>>
File: Eldar - 1000pts.jpg (109KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
Eldar - 1000pts.jpg
109KB, 900x596px
how gay/ten?
>>
>>51000929
Is that one cultist a pyramid head?
>>
>>51001126
Also if you're going to be doing a lot of sculpting work, milliput is also useful and is cheaper than greenstuff.
>>
File: 1455116200576.jpg (151KB, 800x467px) Image search: [Google]
1455116200576.jpg
151KB, 800x467px
post good looking nurgle csm model & art inspo and you will be blessed with mediumly lucky dice rolls of 7 throughout 2017
>>
>>51001129
Wind riders are a troop choice?!?!
How are they not fast attack.
>>
File: nurgle helldrake.jpg (124KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
nurgle helldrake.jpg
124KB, 640x478px
>>51001164
>>
>>51001171
dude where the fuck have you been.
>>
>>51001171
Jetbikes have been Troops for a long time, anon. Where have you been?
>>
>>51000810
I have no idea where that charge rule even came from. There's no other edition I know of where you'd roll your charge unless charging through difficult terrain. Normally a standard charge has been a fixed number, either at your normal movement or double it, depending on edition.

It seems like a really arbitrary thing to randomize in addition to being a nerf, particularly considering that overwatch is now a thing. It's akin to having to roll the range of your guns every time you try and shoot something.
>>
File: DG+Zombies.png (378KB, 676x6432px) Image search: [Google]
DG+Zombies.png
378KB, 676x6432px
>>51001183
>>51001164

But is my list fluffy?
>>
Do tyranids have any transports? they seem to have plenty of very bulky units.
>>
File: 1459457279160.jpg (868KB, 2692x1176px) Image search: [Google]
1459457279160.jpg
868KB, 2692x1176px
>>51001188
>>51001194
not that dude but i stopped playing for a few years and this was the second biggest fucking bombshell after all the formation shit

How is it not blatantly obvious where windriders should be in the force organisation chart?
>>
>>51001162
Cheers mate, not sure how much exactly I'll be doing but I every tip helps
>>
>>51001208
Eh, it makes sense to me. They're just guardians on lil bikes, SM can have bike troops and Eldar are fluffwise and crunch wise all about mobility, so I can see why. As to why they've got a 3+ armour save though, that I can't answer.
>>
>>51001198
It came from fantasy

The random charge was introduced to fantasy and completely fixed the game
>>
>>51001208
Jebikes been Troops since 4e. 3e if you count some Craftworld lists.

Seriously, where have you been? Only difference is that now they all get to take heavy weapons, not just 1 per 3.
>>
>>51000154
What's the best way to use a single Vendetta? I have 2 Armored Sentinels, 3 Leman Russ and 2 Chimeras on the table. Should I keep it out in the open from turn 1 to shoot at tanks or should I put it in reserves?
>>
>>51001235
>The random charge was introduced to fantasy and completely fixed the game
what was broken that was fixed by that?
>>
>>51001246
>Seriously, where have you been?

at university
>>
>>51001064
yeah that list builder is shit
last time i checked vets couldn't take HW and chaos sorcerorcs could take the mark of khorne etc
people just use it cause it looks slightly nicer
>>
>>51001361
for 12 years? what was your post doc on?

also it doesnt take much to look up the codex and see windriders are a troop slot
>>
>>51001188
>>51001194
My meta has always been just Chaos, Tau, Nids and marines marines marines.

I only played Eldar once in a 5th edition tournament.

I know the allowance of heavy weapons on each bike made them cheesy, but surely that mobility and durability makes them the auto include troops choice without scatter lasers?
>>
>>51001371
>what was your post doc on?
geophysics
>>
Post your Armies theme songs. I play nids and they have a desert theme so i feel like this fits https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HQaBWziYvY
>>
>>51001387
End of the day, without heavy weapons, they're just Space Marines with two shot TL bolt pistol that moves real fast.
>>
>>51001387
I don't know about other's meta, but I've never seen any of those bikes without a scatter laser.
>>
>>51001425
idk why but a fast eldar attack force with lots of zooming craft and curved lines always brings this to mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXQCPAR0EHo

I blame Dan Simmons desu.
>>
>>51001431
>>51001387
the real good stuff is some other gun that gives them one shot less but also rending at st6
>>
So when do you use a Raider over a Venom? If DE are the kangz of MSU why use bigger units in one boat?
>>
Is there any way to actually decieve your opponent in this game, or is it purely perfect information?
>>
>>51001444
The shuriken cannon has 12" less range and fewer shots. Bladestorm is not as useful as it looks pm a unit that small, even with their volume of fire per model, unless you intend to use them against 2+, and the Eldar army has better answers to 2+ already.
>>
>>51001450
Yes, it's called being a lying dick. Transparency and public knowledge are the foundations of a fun game, and the only trickery that should be in the game is when it's rules-sanctioned like AL switching around the warlord (or 30k Alpharius rules) or mindgames like taking a Callidus or Dread in a pod.
>>
>>51001436
I feel it. it begins kinda in a way of the enemy are just waiting then you break into the mid and the force is suddenly descending on the the helpless enemy and as it starts to draw to a close you have nothing but the silence of an empty battlefield of enemy corpses where your guys got in then got out.
>>
>>51001425
>alternative imperialistic theme song for space marines and the imperium:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bNSLzfMBo4
>>
>>51001461
Private information is actually the foundation of many fun games.

Alpha legion doesn't count except for the 30k alpharius rules. You don't actually get to hide information from your opponent with the 40k rules.

You can also have hidden information without lying. It's called writing things down.
>>
>>51001425
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxLz5aWl4Mg

I play EC
>>
>>51001472
ive always been partial to this for the Imperial Guard especially cause it mention Fixing bayonets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRmES6IJk_o
>>
>>51001346
Yeah, this
>>
>>51001504

Nothing, it was introduced for the same reasons it was in 40k, they began allowing pre-measuring was allowed.

I miss dropping rocks on people with an accurate guess of distance
>>
>>51001517
Why didn't they make gun ranges random as well?

I guess I never had an issue with no measuring, seeing that I played Slaanesh daemons and outside of daemonettes I had M10.
>>
>>51001517
In all honesty, guessing ranges on fantasy gun was something I could kinda get behind on, as it compensated somewhat for their ridiculous strength (warmachine shooting got buffed through the roof the moment this limitation was dropped, it became "10 inches from the back of the model I want to kill" with no point cost change nor other mechanics to counter-balance).

But in 40K? With spotters and rangefinders and auspexes and helmets with in-built sensors and vision augmenters? It was already quite ridiculous that only Orks (orks of all fucking races) had access to a piece of gear that allowed them to pre-measure, and even then no one took it.

Since that was taken away, charge distances had to be made random in order to make the game a little less predictable and maintain the chance of error so there'd still be a risk/reward scenario. Problem is: shooting got buffed through the sky, into orbit, out of orbit, into the fucking sun, out of the fucking sun and straight to another galaxy in the meantime, instead of being also balanced around this change.

Then again the current studio proved to not know the rules to its own fucking game in one of the most embarrassing battle reports possible, so don't count on that shit getting addressed ever.
>>
>>51001571
about how many actual rules did they manage to get wrong? i hear about charging out of rhinos but i dont know anything else.
>>
>>51001571
>Then again the current studio proved to not know the rules to its own fucking game in one of the most embarrassing battle reports possible
please provide more information on this subject
>>
>>51001473
Hiding information is one thing, actively tricking your opponent or being a secretive cunt is another.

I mean Farsight's decurion which nobody actually uses because Taufags a shit has you secretly choose an enemy unit to alphastrike each turn, and I half-remember some deepstrike related formation (Deathwing maybe?) that lets you secretly choose what turn they come in.

That's fine if that's what you're going for. The kind of shit I'm talking about is more like
>Hey Anon which Rhino was your Conclave riding in?
>I don't have to tell you shit
Basing this on when you first came here asking about it since I assume you're the same guy. Pulling shit like that will lose you opponents lightning fast.
>>
Who would win on the tabletop if it was Dante vs Jain Zar? My friend says he could wipe my Jain Zar. (Also this isn't a troll I'm curious)
>>
>>51001425
I've got a few, but this really fits the more intimate hateful feel of a Dark Eldar army; best played to a soul-fed Archon after 1v1 the enemy HQ and mopping up the rest of their forces, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjZsXhv6pm8
>>
>>51001606
to be fair it is kind of weird that you know what all your enemy's transports contain if they started the game embarked
>>
>>51001598
They streamed a Space Wovles vs Thousand Sons battle where the former curbstomped the latter, very very predictably.

As >>51001594 said, there was stuff like disembarking from rhinos and charging in the same turn, and Space Wolves taking their 3+ armour saves against inferno bolts. I mean as if they needed to cheat to beat the 1K Sons.

It was pretty much a shitshow, proving they don't understand how absolutely utterly unbalanced the armies are, how list-building makes victory rendering actually playing pointless, and that they do not know their own fucking rules.

So just take an educated guess as to what their assumptions must be when they design new rules.

Yeah, that's right. You got it.
>>
File: 1483102846117.png (215KB, 806x826px) Image search: [Google]
1483102846117.png
215KB, 806x826px
>Want to run a slaanesh DP with Blissgiver
>DP model is ugly as fuck
>No good alternatives
sigh..
>>
>>51001629
I think they were counting on Magnus wrecking face, except they were playing with some dumb rule that grounded him and then he rolled like hot shit and got super-double-ID's off the table.

It didn't go so good.
>>
>>51001649
C O N V E R T
O
N
V
E
R
T
>>
>>51001665
I would, but there's not even any good models i can find that'd make a good conversion base.
>>
>>51001612
Need to know this. My friend goes on about Dante so much!
>>
>>51001629
Like i know they claim they arent a game company but that gives the game designers no reason to not know the rules. sure it could of been that those are upcoming changes of 8th ed. still i dont see why there isnt an uproar about this.
>>
>>51001675
In melee Jain Zar will likely rip his ass
>>
>>51001612
>Jain gets the charge
In her initial round she shaves off 1 wound from Dante, using Disarming Strike to turn The Axe Mortalis into a CCW. His counterattack is pathetic without The Axe, dealing 0.4 wounds back to her. She kills him four rounds later, during which time he knocks her down to one wound (it's unlikely he'll H&R out, as her Mask makes him I1).

>Dante gets the charge
He knocks off one of her wounds in the first round and suffers .75 in return. She kills him 5 rounds later, but would be punched out by him if they struck at the same time.

Both scenarios assume a challenge, no shooting before charging and no Overwatch (Dante wouldn't get any anyway, but still) and that Dante never passes H&R and charges back in later on. If he does, it is possible he could win.
>>
File: worbs.jpg (12KB, 150x198px) Image search: [Google]
worbs.jpg
12KB, 150x198px
>>51001674
If your pressed for ideas, try using Tyranid bits. I made a p. good looking DP of Slaanesh using the old DP model, using one of the backpack heads as a face, and using tyranid tentacles as the hands.

Alternatively, you could try making one out of an old Vampire Counts monster or something of a similar effect.
>>
File: Alpha_Legion_Livery.jpg (16KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
Alpha_Legion_Livery.jpg
16KB, 250x243px
Hey /tg/, can a well built Alpha Legion Insurgency Force stand any chance against an adequately prepared Tau army, or at least a cheesey one? Does infiltrating Chosen and CSM, even if their cover saves will be ignored, lend itself to any practical anti-Tau strategies, or are we still just dead in the water on Tau Turn 1?
>>
>>51001649
I used a bloodwrack medusa for my slaaneshi DP, chaos daemons not chaos marines though.
>>
>>51001741
>>51001764
Hmm, i'll have look these things up once i get home later.
Thanks anons!

>No Captcha! An urine sample is not a cup of tea !
>>
>>51001764
Not enough tits on it tbqh
>>
>>51001756

If you get first turn, at least your guys get to shoot before they are put back in the case. Maybe your cultist then get to live long enough to bog them down so you can score on objectives to win.
>>
>>51001629
Where can I watch this trainwreck of a battle report? I want to see their faces when Magnus gets frosted.
>>
File: 1481485498886.jpg (515KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1481485498886.jpg
515KB, 1000x1200px
>>51001612
>>51001728
Oh fuck, realized my math was off because Disarming Strike doesn't turn The Axe into a stock CCW, it counts him as not having it at all, so he wouldn't be getting the 2 CCWs bonus attack. This skews the odds in Jain's favor somewhat.

Also, if you are curious, for the shooting attack before the charge, Dante's deals .69 wounds to Jain (assuming she doesn't get a cover save) and hers shaves off .89 from him. On Overwatch, Jain inflicts .67 wounds, and as stated Dante doesn't get any.

So basically, barring some lucky H&R rolls or if the Eldar player is literally retarded and doesn't use Disarming Strike, Jain Zar will win four times out of five BUT it will take her the whole game to do so.
>>
>>51001779

they just laugh it off though anon
>>
>>51000443
>How do Genestealers compare to Orks?

GSC are so much better than Orks as to be laughable.
>>
File: 1359111234573.jpg (161KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1359111234573.jpg
161KB, 1280x720px
>>51001698
>still i dont see why there isnt an uproar about this.

It's probably because most of the fanbase is in the same boat. If I have to go by experience.

I mean it's just like D&D 3e, there's a fuckload of autists still playing it exclusively claiming it's the best game ever created that you can do everything with and after fifteen fucking years of playing it non-stop they still don't know their fucking rules.

I guess it's the same with 40K, I don't often go to tournaments but whenever I do, I always find people not knowing the most basic of rules. Last one a few weeks ago I played with a guy that didn't know you don't get locked in combat if you assault a drop pod but you do if you assault a walker. And that's not counting people who intentionally try to cheat.

>>51001779
You have to subscribe to their twitch to watch past transmissions, but there might be a reupload somewhere.

>>51001785
And that's fun, but they have to realize that when the TEAM THAT WRITES THE FUCKING RULES laughs their own lack of knowledge about THE FUCKING RULES off it doesn't bode well for the ENTIRE FUCKING GAME.

Yes I mad.
>>
>>51001779
Behind a pay wall of $5

Give your money to other people if you are going to spend money on Battle reports. At least this other fuckers know how to make a video about a table top game
>>
>>51001783
>.67 wounds on Jain Zar's Overwatch
This should be .167. Fuck, I'm tired. I shouldn't be doing this. I'm going to stop now.
>>
>>51001794
> Last one a few weeks ago I played with a guy that didn't know you don't get locked in combat if you assault a drop pod but you do if you assault a walker.

mfw i have my first tourney and i didnt know this until last week

to be fair there was no benefit for my devilfish to come out of close combat until the turn after i learned the rule, then my breachers were in range and blew the 2 wraithguard away

questionfor you tourney anon, what are some pointers for literally anything that newcomers to tournaments often miss?

I know ill need to buy a tray to reset my army fast without using my carry case, but what about other stuff, i was going to bring 1 maybe 2 printouts of my lists, should i do one for each person i face?
>>
>>51001794
If they are not a game company then don't charge for the rules.

But honestly the team writing the damn rules not knowing them. Is the cherry on top of a clusterfuck.

When 8th comes I want those fuckers out of the company before the first sentence is put inside that rulebook.

Bring the original people back. Since this new fuckers can't into rules for their own life's
>>
>>51001836
Not him but watch. Your. Models. Especially between games. The amount of theft that goes on at tournaments is astounding.
>>
>>51001698
Games Workshop is so historically deaf to criticism of any kind that there's basically no motivation to call them out on anything.
>>
File: 1479755415899.jpg (76KB, 625x588px) Image search: [Google]
1479755415899.jpg
76KB, 625x588px
>>51001836
I feel bad, at my first tourney I was that guy.

I had just gotten back into the hobby after a two year hiatus and there was an edition change. I had played at the shop for about four months with veteran rogue trader-era neckbeards teaching me the hellscape of 7th Ed (I didn't own a rulebook at the time, limited college student funds).

Of course, when I finally joined the journey, I found out everything they taught me about skimmer movement was wrong and as I was playing Dark Eldar, this was a very bad thing to suddenly learn mid-game.

I've seen plenty of people just as clueless as I was starting out at my scene, which confuses me because they supposedly play with veteran players everyday. Oldfags, man.
>>
>>51001844
should i drill a padlock hole into my case? I guess i'd be putting them into it during long breaks anyway but also when i need to go and do medical stuff
>>
File: Tyranids - 1850pts.jpg (203KB, 900x1441px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranids - 1850pts.jpg
203KB, 900x1441px
Can I get some c&c on my Tyranid list? I want to still have a bit of fun but not get my ass blown out entirely.

+++CAD+++

HQ
>Hive Tyrant - Wings, 2x TL Dev, ESG (240)

Troops
>Termagant Brood - x30 (120)
>Tervigon (195)
>3x Hormagaunt Brood - x10 (150)

Elites
>Malanthrope (85)

Fast Attack
>Hive Crone - Stinger Salvo (165)

Heavy Support
>Mawloc (140)
>Mawloc (140)

+++Skytryant Swarm+++

>Hive Tyrant - Wings, Lash Whip & Bonesword, Miasma Cannon, ESG (255)
>2x Gargoyle Brood - x10 (120)

+++Sporefield+++

>3x Mucolid Spore Mine (45)
>3x Spore Mine Cluster (45)

Total: 1850
>>
>>51001870
What's that carnifex meant to be for?
>>
File: 1447303476528.jpg (37KB, 528x480px) Image search: [Google]
1447303476528.jpg
37KB, 528x480px
>>51001629
>>51001698
>>51001785
>>51001794
>>51001840
>>51001850
Did you fuckers even watch the stream? All throughout both games the comments CONSTANTLY harped on about shit like "oh well this isn't strictly the rules but it sure would be awesome if it worked this way, so we're Forging that Narrative here! :^)". Nobody called them out for it in the chat because it was a hugbox of 12 year olds and legit autists and will likely continue to be so, if it doesn't get even worse it will

I personally think the players know the rules, there's no way they can't. At least half of them were tournament players for fuck's sake. It's just GW pushing on them the mission to exemplify the ridiculous beer and pretzels attitude the company pushes on the game. Summed up in the phrase "on the spot houserules and handwaives are okay if both players agree to it". It's retarded, but that's how GW believe their game should be played. Of course they would force the streamers to play that way.

It's the only logical explanation, I can't bring myself to believe it being any other way.
>>
>>51001880
Fuck.

>Carnifex - Crushing Claws, Adrenal Glands (150)

And tactically, to open up tanks.>>51001870
>>
>>51001836
>should i do one for each person i face?
Depends on the tournament, honestly. I don't, but then again where I go the TO usually does the printouts of every list. And if they don't, it's because nobody really cares.

I've never been to "big" tournaments, we don't really have them here, 30+ people is "really big" here, I've been once to one and I met the worst assholes I had ever seen, literally a collection of "that guy" stereotypes from /tg/, and I couldn't believe the amount of rampant cheating going on at all times.

But if you play Tau there's hardly much you need to bring other than something you need for your models. Also, dice and tape measures, and markers for objectives, and templates. I usually get away with not doing that because small, local, friendly tournaments, and because I hardly use them, but it's good etiquette to.

What I do is printouts for psychic powers, their tables, and somewhere to note which ones I get, which boons of chaos I have on whom, markers for wounds, acts of faith, orders, anything I believe will help me remember what's going on.

>>51001844
I never had anyone steal models nor heard about theft in tournaments, but again: I only went to small, local ones, the sort that you're lucky if they're even organized so you kinda need to keep a good reputation up or the second time you go everyone will wreck your face because if it's 1 thief and 15-20 people it's nearly impossible not to get caught.

That said, that one time I went to a "big" tournament I'm 99% sure the Space Wolf player I beat through sheer luck stole one of my dice out of spite. So there's that.

>>51001881
Fine then, I'll make my own codices and never buy any of them from GW ever again. I'm not paying for their rules if they laugh at me for following them, there's a limit to how stupid I can be.
>>
>>51001905
>What I do is printouts for psychic powers, their tables, and somewhere to note which ones I get, which boons of chaos I have on whom, markers for wounds, acts of faith, orders, anything I believe will help me remember what's going on.
Any advice on how to prep these sorts of things? Even in casual games I've been experimenting with psyker heavy lists recently and remembering who has what powers is suffering.

>Fine then, I'll make my own codices and never buy any of them from GW ever again
Given the quality of certain books, I don't think anyone would think you stupid if you did. Here's to a good writeup of the Ork codex, anon.
>>
>>51001893
I guess you're hoping your opponent is just going to let you waddle up to his vehicles and peel them open like a good sport?

I know this totally happens, but I personally don't think charging vehicles with a slow ass monstrous creature is a good way to deal with them.
>>
I know you can paint your models however the fuck you want, but can Space Wolves be painted with an Icy White look?

I guess Im asking:

Are there any other companies of Space Wolves with icy white armor?
Would it even look good?
Is it blasphemy?
>>
>>51001862
thankfully in preparation i told my LGS to:

1: bring anything they want against my list, only mine has to be to tournament list rules, be as dirty as they want to be.

2: rules lawyer me on literally everything that comes up

I relearned alot of rules that i originally had wrong and got alot more confident with my list of what i can and can't get away with

>>51001905
> I don't, but then again where I go the TO usually does the printouts of every list.

list submission wasn't mandatory for this one, however its the final ITC tournament in england this season and alot of the players seem to be veterans, its about 55 people attending right now

the only thing i dont have from your list is a tape measure and objective markers, in ITC we use dice for objective markers anyway so thats not an issue

i think i will print out my list for each match plus a spare, might aswell

cheers for the tips either way, anything else that sticks out for newcomers?
>>
>>51001881
No stop. You can't simply sell this rules and then tell your consumer they are stupid for following the rules.
>>
>>51001958
There is literally a disclaimer in the rulebook that says the rules as presented are more like a set of guidelines for you to reinterpret in a way that makes the game more fun. Go read, I'll wait.
They really are that bad.
>>
>>51001940
Well, it's more about threat saturation, will they shoot the Skytyrant swarm bearing down on them? Or try and kill the shrouded objective secured troops? Or will they commit entire squads of shooting to stop the S8 AP3 blast templates from getting to their lines?

Either it dies as a distraction Carnifex or it lives and wreaks havoc in the back lines.

Plus, I'm planning on buying a swarm box to get all the Termagants and Hormagaunts, and a Carnifex comes with that. Plus, then I don't have to convert/buy separately the TL Devourers for a Flyrant.

Do you think a Dakkafex would be better?
>>
>>51001937
>Any advice on how to prep these sorts of things?
I don't usually spam the same kind of squad multiple times, and when I do it's unimportant (such as the guard).

But pieces with unique powers or gear or psychic powers SHOULD be different. You should either name them or give them an identity so that you remember that the guy with a staff is Telepathy, the girl with the cloak is Telekinesis, the witch with the cloak is Biomancy and so on. So write "Telepathy" and leave enough slots for the powers to be rolled, print the primaris out already and it should work.

WYSIWYG helps. I force myself to use it as much as possible because it's the only way you can actually remember who is who and who has what. Granted, I use plenty of non-GW models but I try and make sure the proxies are obvious: I don't go claim that the guy with a pistol is actually a heavy stubber, I pick someone with, say, a fucklong gun and say it's a sniper rifle.

If you use GW models you should have an easier time when it comes to equipment but harder when it comes to making them unique unless you kitbash (which you should for psykers and characters, even non-independent ones).
>>
>>51001966
Guess piracy it is. Why bother selling this rules for a wargame.

Maybe for role playing games sure. But a wargame is meant to be play with random people. So beer and pretzel attitude rules are bad for this kind of game
>>
File: tyranid-termagants-mini-pack-1.jpg (538KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tyranid-termagants-mini-pack-1.jpg
538KB, 800x800px
I need only fleshborer gants.
The ones from 5-pack cost about 1,10 € per gant, while the full pack ones cost about 1,40 €.

My question is - how big is the difference between the 5-pack and full pack ones? Are the original pack ones much more diverse? Are the 5-pack ones visible less detailed, or with mold lines etc?

Thanks for inputs.
>>
File: IMAG0117.jpg (5MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0117.jpg
5MB, 5376x3024px
Anyone got any ideas on a cool colour scheme for a knight that fits too my Admech Army.
>>
>>51002072
the pimp knight

purple and gold, buy some bling bling for his neck, convert the thermal cannon into a cane

give him one of those fluffy hats jamiroqoi has
>>
>>51002080
This anon. This is the only true answer
>>
>>51002088
also the thunderstrike gauntlet so he can back hand slap bitches
>>
>>51002072
> Marines and Inquisition forces
Look great, well painted
> Admech, tyranids
Look like shit. Strip and try again, or trash them.
>>
>>51002093
Also this. Thermal pimp cane, and thunderstrike gauntlet to slap a bitch.
>>
>>51002007
>how big is the difference between the 5-pack and full pack ones?

There isn't a lot of difference. The 5-pack ones have their heads and guns locked in a single, straight-ahead position, but the regular kit doesn't give you a whole lot of room to pose the arms so all you really lose is being able to turn their heads left or right. The 5-pack Termagants are a bit less detailed though, and there's an ugly bit of blank plastic that runs from their left arm to their torso - you can see it on the bottom-left model on the box cover.
>>
File: IMG_1134.jpg (79KB, 640x710px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1134.jpg
79KB, 640x710px
GW is changing
They are listening

Yeah right as soon someone complains about their webstore being shit they block. Since their email side hasn't responded they left me with no more options than to bitch in facebook
>>
>>51002146
show us what you wrote anon
>>
>>51001967
I think you'd probably get more actual utility out of a dakkafex vs a CC one and they can still beat a vehicle to death just fine without the crushing claws, but they're a bit more expensive.

If I was going full distraction carnifex I'd personally be a total moron about it and make a classical screamer-killer and paint the thing bright fucking red.

Also if you magnetize the thing you can try whatever you want with it.
>>
File: IMG_1259.jpg (129KB, 640x885px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1259.jpg
129KB, 640x885px
>>51002151
Last thing I wrote before the block.
>>
>>51002166
Fair enough, thank you. I'll keep that in mind when I model it.

Is the rest of the list serviceable? I'm trying to balance hordes with Nidzilla and Flying Circus but it feels like I'm missing something.

Then again, I am just trying to have fun with nice models rather than win tournaments.
>>
>>51002182
You've got two flyrants a tervigon and a huge pile of gaunts in there, you should be fine.
>>
>>51002072
>I actually know who owns these models
>>
>>51002226
NAMES SON
DIME THAT BITCH OUT
>>
>>51002226
UNDER THE BUSS
THROW HIM THERE
>>
I need to build a SHIT TON of scenery and terrain for my 8'x6' table since apparently all non-insanely priced options for tabletop have been discontinued.

What are some good resources for tutorials?
>>
>>51002226
I couldn't give two shits
>>
>>51002248
>>51002254
>probably the same guy who seems to have massive autism
>>
>>51001869
>medical stuff
How do you afford playing 40k when you have a separate heroine addiction?
>>
File: what-the-fuck-man.jpg (71KB, 550x425px) Image search: [Google]
what-the-fuck-man.jpg
71KB, 550x425px
>>51001949
>no brb
>no tape measure
>playing at tournies
>>
>>51002248
>>51002254
Multiple different people I mean.
>>
>>51002333
a life of crime

nah its not drugs i broke the base of my spine 6 years ago

>>51002342
>no brb
>no tape measure

at what point did i say i dont have a brb? theres not been much point for me to have a tape measure because my LGS has thousands of them
>>
File: Rune Priest res.jpg (421KB, 2016x628px) Image search: [Google]
Rune Priest res.jpg
421KB, 2016x628px
>>51001942
Do it anon. I go for dark Grey porwer armor with light Grey trims. Elites and HQ get Red and Gold trims.

Canonically, all space wolves are traditional colours of sky Blue and Yellow with Red markings, but these are your dudes so paint them how you want to.
>>
>>51002365
I think dark grey looks so much fucking better than the shitty light blue they get, loving it wolfanon.
>>
>>51001606
Umm, there is still NOTHING in the rules that states you have to tell what is embarked, if any in vehicles. I'd love to know how the habit of butting a model on top of vehicles to note what is inside even got started btw. You will have a copy of the list, or at least access to it. That should tell you everything you need to know. How is not telling whats in vehicles a "shit" move?
>>
>>51002349
Still its
>autistic screeching
>>
>>51001840
Given the lead time on printing and marketing *cough*, 8th Ed is already sitting in warehouses ready to go.
>>
>>51002443
Piracy time. Is not like they care about their product
>>
>>51002396
>How is not telling whats in vehicles a "shit" move?

Because, like it or not, it's generally held to be the polite and sporting thing to do. You can stamp your feet and whine and claim you don't have to tell your opponent what's in what all you like, and you can't be forced to, but in the real world most people won't want to play against someone like that.
>>
>>51001881
>was a hugbox of 12 year olds and legit autists and will likely continue to be so

DESU, where I play there are no 12yr olds, GW has driven all the young ppl out of the hobby, and thus no new blood to keep the community going. I doubt the hugbox was full of kiddies.
>>
File: Thin force.png (185KB, 880x1021px) Image search: [Google]
Thin force.png
185KB, 880x1021px
Hi guys,

Is this list complete shit?
>>
>>51001129
2000 homosex
>>
>>51001881
>It's the only logical explanation, I can't bring myself to believe it being any other way.

You are right. As long as they don't publicly acknowledge that the player base is mostly hardcore I gotta win types searching for the secret sauce of ultimate victory, then YOU -- or me are the odd ones, and don't really reflect the community.

While I don't enjoy the hardcore straight for the throat play -- some ppl are just unpleasant to play, I also NEED rules to guide gameplay. I pulled out of a $$ league because the "Judge" allowed a rhino to do a Dukes of Hazzard off a cliff into a dred that was wrecking a piece of the other guys army, amoung other loosey-goosey crap. Not my fault the other guy was not ready for prime time.
>>
>>51000628
AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH GET YOUR MODELS OUT OF THE FUCKING SUN YOU MONGOLOID
>>
File: tictactoe.png (21KB, 480x678px) Image search: [Google]
tictactoe.png
21KB, 480x678px
>>51002522
Exactly. I'm all for narrative crap but I'd rather it happened in specific themed games or better, 40kRPG. Otherwise, there is a rulebook and an extensive set of FAQs for a fucking reason. You wouldn't let your chess opponent move his king like a queen just because he boisterously described the piece's charge move.
>>
File: sc.jpg (54KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
sc.jpg
54KB, 873x627px
>>51001649

Have you seen this alternative?
>>
>>51002639
That is actually pretty damn cool.
>>
File: 1458214243587.png (274KB, 500x467px) Image search: [Google]
1458214243587.png
274KB, 500x467px
>Wow I've been out the loop for quite a while, I should pick up the latest issue of White Dwarf and-
>Fall of Cadia

This is going to hurt isn't it?
>>
>>51002688
>This is going to hurt isn't it?

For you
>>
>>51002688
Probably. They are going to advance the lore so some major characters are going to get the axe for sure.
>>
>>51002451
Hmm, but when did this become the
polite thing? where I play it wasn't a thing. Occasionally someone would pop in for a game and do it, and we would look at them like "umm, ok. I'll find out when I blow it up." As the group has changed over and now is mostly college students from out of town -- I live in a college town, that is the norm. But mostly I think ppl are imitating the couple of ppl who do it. I don't and no one every calls me on it. Nor do I ask beyond looking over the person's list. 9/10 times, you can guess whats in what, even with demi companies. Not really necessary.
>>
>>51002709

Hey I joke but I'm all for advancing the story a bit, I'm just getting flashbacks to AoS.

I mean I know it won't be that extreme but this is going to have to be one hell of a planet cracking invasion considering the forces at play on Cadia.
>>
File: CHAOS LIST DRAFT.png (219KB, 867x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CHAOS LIST DRAFT.png
219KB, 867x1200px
Thorts on my chaos list I've been working on??
>>
>>51002714
it makes no sense not to do it though unless all the stuff in each transport is identical

lets say i have 2 rhino, a dev squad in one of them and a tac in the other

if a rhino dies which i originally was going to have the dev squad in, theres nothing stopping me magically putting them into the other rhino now and make the tacs foot slog
>>
>>51002731
Well its already been confirmed that Cadia is going to fall. So thats a pretty big thing on the game since 99% of all Imperial Guard armies consist of Cadian models.
>>
>>51002745
Umm, write that ish down? Note it in your list which is which? Maybe that's the thing: where and who I started playing with there was no cheating. We shut that ish down quick, and it wasn't part of the culture. Plus we *enjoyed* the challenge of beating the superior lists and players through improvement and luck. trusting that ppl wouldn't cheat was never a factor.
>>
>>51002781
>Umm, write that ish down?

If you've got three identical Rhinos carrying three squads, what is there to write down? You can't tell them apart on the army list, and if you paint matching squad/transport insignia on them, then your opponent will know what's in what by looking at the models you have sitting to one side - so you might as well just be open about it.
>>
File: 1449697858995.jpg (63KB, 506x506px) Image search: [Google]
1449697858995.jpg
63KB, 506x506px
>>51002396
>>51002451
>>51002714
>>51002745
>>51002781
>game that centers around a tactical map of which you have a god's eye view
>game that features army lists that are exchanged ahead of time and can be reviewed at any point
>game where models are meant to be made WYSIWYG so players can understand the battlefield at a glance
>game where you literally know what units the opponent has, and what their abilities are, even if they haven't entered realspace or been literally summoned yet
>but somehow, knowing what squads are in each of those Rhinos, or fuck it, Raiders/Venoms/Trukks, is totally unreasonable and should be kept a secret
>>
>>51002745
My solution to being cheated is to either A: work harder to crush you uterly with my clearly superior army -- thus why you felt the need to cheat/lie.

or B: push my model across the table and roll dice to get the game over with as fast as the dice will allow, and never look back. Done B more than a few times, and at more than a couple tournaments.

I have a reputation of being a VERY poor player in my FLGS based on doing B a lot. I am selective about who I play to my detriment. When the veterans drop in and talk of my past exploits I can't help but notice some of the recent additions to the group shaking their heads because they can't reconcile the guy who always looses wrecking face at other times/places/locations. Also at our semi annual APOC game, I always bring the game-changer and dominate a piece of the table. But I'll end a game as quick as I can if its no longer fun. Fun does NOT=WIN to me. Not for a long time.
>>
>>51002781
Also, let's face it, winning because your opponent doesn't know which vehicle has your super-killy HQ death star in it is pretty shitty. It isn't indicative of any great tactics on your part, they just guessed wrong.
>>
>>51002817
Its not even an "be open about it" thing. Read my list if its that important to you. Or trust that I will not cheat you -- as any opponent is expected to do. I ALWAYS note on my lists which dedicated transports go with who, that's just list building.
>>
>>51002845
>I'm not having fun so I'm going to throw a tantrum and drag the game down
>If it's not fun for me, it shouldn't be fun for anyone
Are you 5?
>>
>>51002873
>Read my list if its that important to you

if all the stuff in every rhino is identical, then there isnt an issue

however if one of them contains a different unit, then reading the list wont show me which one is in which rhino, hence asking
>>
>>51002873
That doesn't answer the question.

You have a Tactical Squad, a Devastator Squad, and a unit of Sternguard all in Rhinos. Each of the Rhinos is identical - Storm Bolter and Dozer Blade, no other upgrades. How, by looking at the army list, are you supposed to know which is which?
>>
>>51002824
Should I be required to tell the opponent how best to play against me as well? Should I tell them when they make an obvious mistake? Should I roll their dice as well? Everything you listed is PART OF THE GAME. what inside of what is not.
>>
>>51002895
You are being stupid now
>>
File: 1457492867480.jpg (32KB, 410x396px) Image search: [Google]
1457492867480.jpg
32KB, 410x396px
>>51002895
>Chaos vs Imperium game
>the Chaos commander already knows LotD will be showing up despite them being impossible to predict even by their allies
>determining which Land Raider the Captain's squad is squatting in is impossible
Do you even think about what you say? So, now that I've proven a fluff-based argument against telling is literally autism.

Ruleswise, if you put a Terminator squad on the side of the board during deployment, what should I say? According to you, I can ask of they're in reserve, if they are in Deep Strike reserve, if they're Infiltrating/Outflanking, or if they are actually there on the table, but you don't have to tell me you put them there because they're riding in the Land Raider?
>>
>>51002886
As a KDK player, I use a lot of rhinos. I tell, or try to tell ppl when my units are different, especially who has AoK, maxed out plasma pistols, etc. Generally my opponents don't even care to listen. Confidence and all. But no, other than noting them on my list, and where I deploy, I give up nothing thats not required.

Whatever fucked up rules you bring from home or whichever GW store you played in before is your problem, not mine. If you want to talk that shit our before we set up, like with agreeing on which scenery is what, that's different. Cause then I'll tell you I'm not going to tell you and you can choose to play me or not. Just don't assume I'm fucked up like you are.
>>
>>51002874
He's on 4chan and plays 40k, more likely to be autistic.
>>
>>51002959
I KNOW ppl who DO think its rude to not tell the opponent when they fuck up bad. So, yeah am I exaggerating, yes, but all manner of weirdness is out there walking around. And usually standing behind you watching you play.
>>
>>51000362
>>51000367
>>51000430
Holy fuck these newfags.
>>
>>51003006
>But no, other than noting them on my list, and where I deploy, I give up nothing thats not required.

>and where I deploy
>and where I deploy
>and where I deploy

so you do tell people where they are, you gave the impression that you didnt let people know which rhino had what in it whatsoever, hence the argument
>>
Only WAAC faggots used vehicles transports anyways
>>
>>51003029
Maybe you are the newfag here.
>>
>>51003102
t. Tau player with """"""""fluffy"""""""" Farsight list
>>
File: 1473788817916.jpg (82KB, 900x709px) Image search: [Google]
1473788817916.jpg
82KB, 900x709px
HQ

Lhamean
Venom [Splinter Cannon]

Elites

8x Kabalite Trueborn
2x Trueborn [Splinter cannon]
Raider [Disintegrator cannon, Night Shields, Shock Prow, Splinter Racks]

Troops

4x Kabalite Warriors
Kabalite Warrior [Blaster]
Venom [Splinter Cannon]

4x Kabalite Warriors
Kabalite Warrior [Blaster]
Venom [Splinter Cannon]

Fast Attack

Razorwing Jetfighter [2 Dark Lances, 4x Monoscythe Missile, Twin-linked Splinter Rifle]

4x Reavers
2x Reavers [Cluster caltrops]

Scourge
4x Scourge [Haywire blaster]

Corpsethief Claw
2x Talos [Ichor Injector, Twin-Linked Splinter Cannon]
3x Talos [Chain-Flails, Twin-Linked Splinter Cannon]

Scalpel Squadron
4x Wracks
Wrack [Liquifier Gun]
Venom [Splinter Cannon]

4x Wracks
Wrack [Liquifier Gun]
Venom [Splinter Cannon]

Am I doing DE right? I have 19 points left over and no idea what to spend it on, maybe I'll just buy and Uh-Ghoul as a pet for my poison lady
>>
>>51003114

nah just bikes, spiders and knights

:^)
>>
>>51003110
If you're going to try and cover your ass with a "no u" at least have it make sense.
>>
>>51001201
>Bikers
NO!
>>
>>51003110
this much samefagging
>>
bought the dark vengeance set and will sell the DA bits. any tips on how to nurgle theme the chaos guys?
>>
>>51003178
Paint them green, heavy weathering and rust up the weapons
>>
>>51003102
>I only use FMCs as mounts into battle.
>Open-topped DP with 5 Pink Horrors for flying Psychic Dakka.
>>
>>51001425
I play Tyranids with a color scheme based on Godzilla, as my love of kaiju movies was what led to me picking the nids as my army. As such, this is my theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6qAIaqK3_Q
>>
>>51003117
>>51003102

Like pottery in motion
>>
>>51002964
This actually came up in a league a few years ago! As per the BRB "When placing a unit in Reserve, you must tell your opponent that it will be arriving by Deep Strike". As per the BRB "during deployment, players can declare that any unit...is attempting to Outflank..." Reserves is declared normally at the start of the game. Models sitting on the side of the table is models on the side of the table. I ask if in doubt. Obfuscating things is being a dick, but playing for the other person is just, um, I dunno, weird.
>>
>>51003125
>knights
What a casual, everyone knows all you need is a single skathach knight. Frees up more space for spiders too, you could fit in a bonus aspect shrine for each knight culled from the list.
>>
>>51003178
I converted the DA stuff to chaos with the bits from a chaos terminator box. Looks fine
>>
>>51003190

>this
>>
>>51003220
>playing for the other person is just, um, I dunno, weird.
Only the retard anon who's trying to hide what's in his boxes is talking about playing for the other player, trying to pull ad absurdum to discredit an argument he otherwise has no comeback for.

When I play a game, I want everything to be as clear and fair as possible so that both players know what's going on and can play at their best. Underhanded meta tactics such as misdirection are not conducive to a good game and are very similar to, if not the same as, cheating.
>>
File: 6977206375_7b7362a1d3_b.jpg (361KB, 1024x731px) Image search: [Google]
6977206375_7b7362a1d3_b.jpg
361KB, 1024x731px
>>51002145
Yeah that is one really ugly bit. How come the others on the photo dont have it as visible? But anyway thanks for your input. Will buy one though for days when Tervigon feels like having a big family.
>>
So Trayzyn is confirmed for playing a role in the upcoming Fall of Cadia storyline. What primarch is he unleashing to save the Imperium? My bet is OMEGON. Alpha Legion confirmed for playing the very very long game.
>>
>>51003079
I write it down, and I usually draw a little diagram of the table, mostly for me. But no, I DO NOT tell them who is in what and where they are.

On my list it will be noted that Berzerker Squad A is in Rhino B. And that is info you get because you can read my list. I write for me where Rhino B is placed, but thats for me, unless it becomes a thing, then I have evidence that I placed Rhino B on far left side of table.

Excuse the confusion.

As a side note, I have had times when I deploy Rhinos with some units embarked and others not. Do I have to also tell (according to your meta) which Rhinos are empty and which are not?
>>
Im going to make a full SoB army using only raging heroes miniatures and there's nothing you can do about it!
>>
>>51003282
>more Alpha Legion memes
No, fuck off
>>
>>51003292

No you're not.
>>
File: 1466712524395.jpg (2KB, 92x125px) Image search: [Google]
1466712524395.jpg
2KB, 92x125px
>>51003292
Sounds cool! Let's play a game at the local GW!
>>
>>51003277
I am having trouble understanding. Can you be more specific or give an example? TIA.
>>
>>51003287
This is actual autism.
>>
>>51003287
> Do I have to also tell (according to your meta) which Rhinos are empty and which are not?

if there is potential to magic people around when a rhino dies, then yes

cheating does happen so unless you can prove that you didnt cheat in retrospect, then people tell each other what is in what transport

even by tournament standards not telling is a dick thing to do, even though its a filth fest people are still very social and friendly so the playing field is level
>>
>>51003225

but anon, if I did that not even the taufag would play me
>>
>>51003325
Really? Wow!
>>
>>51003313
Joke on you my country does not have a GW, if it no one would give a crap. Hell the store might sell other non GW crap
>>
>>51003292
My friend did this with Inquisition.
>>
>>51000985
Haemotrope don't work on vehicles.
>>
>>51003313
>https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
to be fair realm of battle boards are not that apealing and thats all a local gw has. beside chit chat which you can take part in with out brining your dudes.
>>
>>51003338
The lesser races need to be reminded why they fear the Eldar anon, go forth and purge them from our galaxy.
>>
>>51003336
I guess that is a fundamental difference in my approach to the game and that of your group.

I approach from the absolute expectation of honest gameplay unless it is show otherwise. I do not alter my actions to remove the appearance of impropriety.

If I'm going to tell you which of the rhinos are empty and which are not, then it seems useless to run guys on foot mixed in with embarked troops.

I'm trying to understand your POV, but it seems like bending over backwards to prove that you are NOT heating even before you have been accused of it. I just can't relate or condone.
>>
>>51003313
>local GW
Physical Games Workshop stores are a fucking myth.
>>
>>51003410
Honey doesn't the rulebook say you must say what thing is inside each shit. Alton with what shit is on reserve?
>>
File: 1443731408023.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1443731408023.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>51001994
>But a wargame is meant to be play with random people. So beer and pretzel attitude rules are bad for this kind of game
>>
>>51003429
I have two that are both fifteen minutes away.

And they are both utter trash.
>>
>>51003429
No they arent, but some places have many more than others, so some people experience them a lot and some never see one.
>>
>>51003370

Okay anon I will, for you
>>
>>51003439
No Sugar. That's what started this thread.
>>
>>51003324
About what exactly? Keeping the playing field level and not trying to meta my way into an advantage?

Playing musical Rhinos is a topical example. You know only one of your opponent's squads is embarked, but it could be the Rhino on the left, in the center, or the right, and Anon won't tell you. Now you don't know which one is actually a threat to you, even though Anon knows (and claims it's fair to know) about your Terminator formation that lets them come in automatically on turn 2 and will be expecting them.
Obviously you shouldn't be expected to just give away your tactical plan to the opponent but the game has a certain level of transparency to it, and trying to hamper it by claiming there is no rule that demands this specific aspect of it - most likely to take direct tactical advantage of your lack of knowledge as above - is underhanded, by impairing the knowledge you have outside of the game.

Another example is if, for example, you have a small unit of Marines with a melta hidden in some ruins. Let's say turn 2 they take some fire and all of them die, or so it seems. The melta guy is behind a doorway, and because he's pitching in a completed building he's nearly impossible to spot unless you were looking for him. Let's say he aces his morale check - maybe you announced you were rolling for "the Tactical squad" or didn't announce it at all. You could create a meta advantage by deliberately not moving or shooting with him for the rest of the game, so that your opponent assumes he's dead or not there, and you keep quiet about him. Then, turn 5, he jumps out and melta the last HP off a Knight/grabs an objective and steals the game. He wasn't able to pull that off through your skill as a player or at the game, but because you manipulated the other player's knowledge of the game to prevent them from taking him out. That's meta.
>>
>>51000384
>w:8
Trash, dies to a single 6 on a D hit.
>>
>>51003441
In a sense of writing rules. This is not risk or Twilight Imperium.

I expect some common ground when I play with a random dude.

Play with friends sure throw rules out of the window.
>>
>>51003410
>I'm trying to understand your POV, but it seems like bending over backwards to prove that you are NOT heating even before you have been accused of it.

its not bending over backwards at all

It's to remove any chance of being accused of cheating, plus even in the most tryhard of tournaments people are still social and accept this as a level playing field
>>
>>51003455
>taking 40k this seriously

Just play narrative scenarios or play chess. You'll be much more satisfied either way.
>>
I also paint my army to match the only table I ever play on, they blend in so well people always forget where they are.

Good thing I draw pictures of where I deploy and have a list where all my stuff is.
>>
>>51002893
Imo, you aren't supposed to know. The information should be definite, but hidden.

The perfect ruleset would be to place a crumpled up piece of paper on the tanks which has the embarked unit written down.
>>
>>51003473
this might shock you anon but some people really enjoy tournament 40k, for the most part its very laid back and social while still not being a gimped list fest
>>
File: fall of cadia foc.jpg (46KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
fall of cadia foc.jpg
46KB, 500x379px
>>51002688
Spoilers:
>Imperial defenses led by sisters and black templars
>necrons and imperials ally to defeat chaos
>Deldar hired to help transport imperial troops through the webway
>>
>>51000207
>I'm pretty sure a lasgun could easily vaporize a Carnifex with an Extended Carapace with a simple trigger pull.

Good to see you've read your primer, guardsman.
>>
>>51003473
>playing on a level playing field is too serious
Let me guess, you're one of the retards who gets pissy if his opponent won't let him assault out of his Rhino because "it'd be awesome".
The rules exist for a reason, and I enjoy good clean games the most. I don't want to have to look out for some faggot trying to hide his units inside terrain or subtly move further than he should be able to. The game should be transparent, it should be easy to tell what's going on at any given time, so you can relax and enjoy the game.
>>
>>51001059
>right as Chaos wins Cadia the Shadow descends across the Warp.
>Turns out Creed's plan was to turn all Cadians into Genestealer cultists. Creating a Psychic beacon larger than the Golden Throne to lure all the Tyranids to Cadia.
>Now that the 13th Crusade defeated the Imperium they now need to defeat all the Tyranids to get to Terra.
>Just as Planned.
>>
>>51003526
You're taking this too far. You can have hidden information without encouraging cheating. Hidden information is fun, if there is no cheating.

See
>>51003493
>>
>>51003525
It can if its THE one of those 288 shots that actually kill the thing!
>>
>>51003454
When the fuck did they remove that?

GW rule making seems so random
>>
>>51003455
>>You know only one of your opponent's squads is embarked, but it could be the Rhino on the left, in the center, or the right, and Anon won't tell you

I don't see how this is an issue. There's 3 rhinos and 2 sqauds walking around. Deal. Legit tactical advantage. Should I be able to ask where the terminators are coming in at? That is a tactical advantage.

>>small unit of Marines with a melta hidden in some ruins

I don't get this as relevant. You need to break it down a little more for me. On first read it seems non-relevant. I've had this done to me, done or tried to do it to others. If you loose track of a unit/model, oh well. Not my job/place to update you on whats still on the table.
>>
>>51003554
Then we will have to agree to disagree, because except in specific circumstances I think hidden information goes against the open nature of the game and is definitely not fun. Your argument about hiding what's in transports in particular is just absurd, see >>51002964 or >>51002824
>>
>>51003554
if is the main problem, anything competitive encourages cheating at any level
>>
File: btchplz.gif (2MB, 245x276px) Image search: [Google]
btchplz.gif
2MB, 245x276px
>>51001994
>But a wargame is meant to be play with random people. So beer and pretzel attitude rules are bad for this kind of game
>>
>>51003470
GW thinks this game is like Poker: yo play with he same group all the time, not whatever random dude walks into the FLGS.
>>
>>51003471
>>It's to remove any chance of being accused of cheating.

There it is. I don't knowingly cheat. I try not to even lie. You accuse me of cheating, we probably aren't playing again in this life. A fundamental part of playing a game is following the rules. If I can't trust you to do that, there is NO point playing you -- we will not be playing the same game.
>>
>>51003592
>40k radar can detect drop pods hurling through the atmosphere, but not what is in them.

There, solved your retarded fluff complaint with the five seconds of thought you skipped.
>>
The Chaos Spawn kit continues to be the best thing GW have ever made.

I've just finished constructing the logical endpoint of Jeff Goldblum in The Fly as a Nurgle Spawn.
>>
>>51003479
Hmm, I do it because most of my units are painted identically. I need it to help me keep things straight, especially when gifts happen.
>>
>>51003493
But this also tells your opponent that there is *something* in the tank. Thus it is worthy of attention.
>>
>>51003641
Nice one, now explain how that radar can detect the Archon and his personal bitchboys lurking in the Webway ready to portal in, but not which squad of Warriors is hanging off of which Venom?
>>
>>51003662

I made all the terrain for the table myself, and later donated it to the store. That's why my army matches so well.

I also do it because I have left stuff on the board until the next time I go to play and realize stuff is missing.
>>
>>51003641
But anon psykers are thing. Unless the transport has some bullshit like true silver armour.

Or hell just fucking power levels sense bullshit.

Just tell the other guy what is inside what shit. Maybe during the game itself don't but at the start? Be a good sport
>>
>>51003684
Venoms are open topped. I have no problem with seeing through them. But for the archon, 40k radar can pierce the webway to a limited extent.
>>
>>51003570
It is a custom in some gaming scenes, but was NEVER a rule.
>>
>>51003692
I don't see how making the game less fun for me makes me a good sport.

Hidden information, bluffs, and calling bluffs are all extremely fun.
>>
>>51001425
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whxcq4I0kAo
>>
>>51003728
You are hopeless I hope you can find people to play with.
>>
>>51003637
>You accuse me of cheating

im not accusing you of anything, however in any setting its impossible to know if someone is going to be legit until after the match is done, so anything that can imply that you might be going against the spirit of the game would give anyone reason to suspect

>we probably aren't playing again in this life.

in a tournament setting this is entirely false, you will see other tournament players at many events, thats why its social

>If I can't trust you to do that, there is NO point playing you

this is the exact argument we are having against you
>>
File: 1373645692490.jpg (23KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
1373645692490.jpg
23KB, 400x266px
>>51003714
>I have no problem with seeing through them
Now you're just being facetious.

>40k radar can pierce the webway to a limited extent
And now you're just making shit up to justify your bullshit. Go on, tell me how it can detect the imminent arrival of the Legion of the Damned, then.
>>
>>51003728
>Hidden information, bluffs, and calling bluffs are all extremely fun.

for you, for everyone else you are going against the spirit of the game to get a one up on other people
>>
So how are people modeling Acolytes. I like that they're so versatile but the GW model doesn't give me the impression of so.ething that could run power armor, a meltagun and a storm shield.
>>
>>51003755
You just made up shit to support your argument. We're in a pretend lore battle anon, making up shit to justify an easily justifiable rule is the name of the game.
>>51003751
If you can satisfactorily explain why playing without hidden information is good sportsmanship, I'll do it. To do so, your argument must apply to poker as well. Both games have rules that allow for hidden information.

So go on, why is showing me cards before the river is dealt being a good sport in Texas hold em?
>>
>>51003772
A lot of people don't know Acolytes actually have GW models. They exist to be kitbashed or counts-as'd. Power armor is the tough one, because it's difficult to make up something that looks distinctly like power armor without using Marine bits or just proxying in Sisters, unless you use that one Inquisitor model as a base for all of them, which would get old fast, not to mention expensive.
>>
>>51003592
I can live with that. The friend who stopped a tourney over this issue basically said: "show me in the BRB." Tourney judge and assembled other rules-lawyers failed. I was done at that point.
>>
File: CANT WAKE UP.jpg (44KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
CANT WAKE UP.jpg
44KB, 600x706px
>that fag in this thread that wants to hide what is in his transports

I knew one (1) person just like you, you pos. Biggest powergaming anti fun faggot I have ever had the displeasure of playing with, ever. I only finally went along with his stupid fake rule because he literally wouldn't play the game if I didn't abide by his autism.

If you do this, or force people you play with to do this retardation you deserve death, rape, and a good colon cleansing with a wasp's nest. End. Yourself.

>inb4 well actually you must be the powergame wanting to know what is where like a person with an iq above 60

I play orkz.
>>
>>51003765
Define spirit of the game.

How is allowing people to bluff me as I bluff them giving me an advantage?
>>
>>51003795
>You just made up shit to support your argument. We're in a pretend lore battle anon, making up shit to justify an easily justifiable rule is the name of the game.
Because you are kicking it back into fluff territory. A radar that penetrates the webway makes no sense whatsoever, and I'm almost certain it does not exist, but since it would take too long for me to find sources that prove me right, I'm bringing up a different example now. So, tell me how your magic radar can predict the appearance of a faction whose entire fucking gimmick is that they appear at completely unprecedented, entirely unpredictable times?
>>
>>51003842
What faction?
>>
File: IMG_1262.jpg (238KB, 590x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1262.jpg
238KB, 590x2048px
>>51003772
Unless you want 100% GW plastic I just use other companies
>>
>>51003692
>Be a good sport
Take this asskicking, be a good sport!

That's the argument right there! I NEED to know whats in that Rhino/Land Raider/Chimera! Be a good sport! let me kill your transports efficiently! be a good sport!
>>
>>51003795
>your argument must apply to poker as well

>your argument about sportsmanship in this game must also apply to sportsmanship in a different entirely unrelated game

>>51003815
>define the spirit of the game

you mean that one thats been around for 2 decades? yeah that one

>How is allowing people to bluff me as I bluff them giving me an advantage?

because at this point you know full well that people don't do that except inside of your little group, so you are willingly going to to something that is likely not going to be done to you, its on the same level as not allowing rerolling of cocked dice
>>
>>51003765
bluffs are extremely fun, in other games
that anon doesn't seem quite all right with his arguments
>>
File: LODMarine.jpg (83KB, 400x488px) Image search: [Google]
LODMarine.jpg
83KB, 400x488px
>>51003853
I'm beginning to think you neither know nor care about the fluff, which would indeed make you a powergaming faggot. Unless, of course, you have been baiting all along as I suspected earlier. This is my last (You) to you, so you'd better redeem yourself in your next post.
>>
>>51003815
How about just don't be an asshole and play fair?
>>
>>51003812
i don't understand his position
what is the problem with putting your faggots on easy display on top of a transport? it's not really hidden information, it doesn't need to be susses out every fucking time, it's for convenience
>>
>>51003754
>in a tournament setting this is entirely false
I have walked away from tournaments over asshats more than once. No arguing, no screaming, no insults; just keep my $10 and I'll see you guys next open gaming day.

>>this is the exact argument we are having against you

But I haven't done anything wrong. So I will NOT do something to prove I am not cheating. 40K does not require contraception. (should not)
>>
>>51000154
You guys see this?

https://youtu.be/5ZeGCIiurmk

What do you think it means? This wasn't anywhere on the rumor radar
>>
>>51003854
Those are disgusting and completely go against 40k's aesthetic.
>>
>>51003765
I disagree. What about the armies that it is built into?
>>
>>51003879
>hey dude, I usually play with a special rule where your opponent can't tell what's in closed transports, if you write down what's in them.
>Neat I have closed transports, I'll try it out.

???
>>
>>51003930
And yeah I know it's sigmar, but they've been pretty consistent with bringing stuff over to each, hence my curiosity
>>
File: trashing.jpg (57KB, 650x429px) Image search: [Google]
trashing.jpg
57KB, 650x429px
>>51003930
>finally Tzeentch Daemonkin
>it's AoS
>>
>>51003930
Its AOS.
>>
>>51003908
This is fair.
>>
>>51003930
not 40k, it's age of sigmar stuff. apparently there is a plastic lord of change in the works. also it was kinda obvious since they put out wrath of magnus who had birdmen like the silver tower box
>>
>>51003930

It was though, just AoS side. Of course, the bloodthirsters sprang from fantasy side into Khorne, so hopefully this means the new bird is here
>>
>>51003954
>>51003955
>>51003959

That's what I just said. I'm more curious about what it'll also give 40k.
>>
>>51003812
Wow. Your reply was INTENSE.

I can't even tell what side of the argument you are on!
>>
>>51003930
>release two major tzeentch supplements, one major khorne supplement
>Nurgle and slaanesh players left to rot away and masturbate alone, respectively.
>>
>>51003815
THIS
>>
>>51003924
>$10

im talking about proper sized tournament events but ok

>I have walked away from tournaments over asshats more than once

yet you don't realise you are the asshat in this situation

>But I haven't done anything wrong

that guy who rules lawyers every single thing you bring up, doesnt let you reroll slightly cocked dice after you let him do it and is generally not fun to play against isnt doing anything wrong either, in your sense of the word

>>51003938
there are no armies its built into, if they had a specific rule in the codex then thats different, but they dont

>>51003941
and if the other guy doesnt have closed transports? if he knew about this rule maybe he would have constructed his list differently, because we can tell from your posts that your list was constructed with this rule in mind

if you told literally everyone who is attending the event months before the event requires list submission and the event accepts your special snowflake house rule, then yes at that would i would accept it, because at that point its coming from the event organiser and not you
>>
>>51003937
At least they are plastic, but allergic to Vallejo white primer in particular.

If anything they are tacticool Acolytes with nice assets
>>
>>51003976

A couple new models, doubt it will get the daemonkin treatment with WoM so new, so likely just the LoC versions
>>
File: 1447350360619.jpg (63KB, 1010x767px) Image search: [Google]
1447350360619.jpg
63KB, 1010x767px
>>51003997
>nurgle
>2nd most popular and powerful god that gets stuff all the time

as for slaanesh, it's an odd position since they're censoring him/her a bit and reluctant to do much.
>>
>>51004047
What nurgle specific supplement have they released?

Where is my nurgle daemonkin or nurgle warp storm?
>>
>>51003879
>you know full well that people don't do that except inside of your little group, so you are willingly going to to something that is likely not going to be done to you

This is a *sub-optimal* argument.

I have gamed (40K and other) in settings where ppl pass gas while playing; no warning, no attempt at mitigation, no "excuse me." I've gamed around pl who sneeze/cough/pick nose while playing at table, no no warning, no attempt at mitigation, no "excuse me." Played around ppl who have no knowledge of belts or suspenders, and expose hairy but cracks (or worse) regularly throughout a game; at times with aromas that give one pause. I refuse to accept that as OK. I will continue with my ways until it is counter the rules. Customs are not always good or right.
>>
>>51004103
what army do you field
>>
>>51004103
>autists with bad personal hygiene and clothing is the same as debating an almost universally accepted thing in a tabletop game

you know you have no argument against it now and you are just admitting you are a turbo autist
>>
>>51004102
i also meant there are tons of nurgle related models over the ranges but i wouldn't mind additional warp storms for the other gods
>>
>>51004103
>Nurgle cosplays are the same as accepted norms

fuck off you know those are nothing alike

I wear diapers and shit myself because i got hit by a car, do i have to tell everyone about this every match just so you won't be an autistic fag?
>>
>>51004019
>yet you don't realise you are the asshat in this situation

Given a choice between creating a scene when I get cheated or end up playing an ass and walking away -- and thus giving a win, and an auto-pass to an opponent, yeah I'll walk. Absolutely no desire to be unhappy playing a game that's supposed to make me happy. I guess that's very asshole-ish of me. But clearly I disagree.
>>
>>51004203
>The baby whining about the spirit of edh wears diapers
>literally wears diapers.

I'm sorry about your injury, but you can't make this shit up. Loving every laugh.
>>
>>51004232
You are making a scene love.

Just tell people what's inside if they ask.
>>
>>51004122
>what army do you field
KDK, 1Ksons.

Why do you ask?
>>
>>51004232
your posts are certainly the most autistic ones i've read for the day
and i've read my own posts

why does your entire game hinge on this one thing that isn't even part of the ruleset nor common sense nor practical? why is this one factor so incredibly important as to decide the entire discourge of not only the game, but your meeting with the person? why is this the be all end all of every warhammer 40k encounter? i don't get it
>>
>>51004258
not the person you are arguing with originally, i literally just got here anon but good try
>>
>>51004103

What do you do/say when someone farts in your face during a game?
>>
>>51004155
OIC.
>>
>>51004232
how are you getting cheated for playing on the same level of information as the other opponent, its not going to auto give them a win unless your list is utterly shit without this rule

>Absolutely no desire to be unhappy playing a game that's supposed to make me happy

you misunderstand the point im making

this is a socially accepted thing in 40k that has been around for decades which in 99.9999999% of the time both players are happy with

you come along and claim that unless you have it your way it makes you unhappy and thats the fault of literally everyone else

THIS is why you are the asshole mate
>>
>>51004260
>Just tell people what's inside if they ask.
Actually its never come up in a competitive game, only once or twice in regular open play. generally ppl are fine with it and they do their thing, I do mine.

The time I saw it come up in a tourney it was between a guy who HATES being powergamed, and a powergamer who happened o also be an asshole. I late played powergamer in another round and gave him his win. Got tired of being shot at through rock scenery and jump troops that always moved an extra 3 or so inches.
>>
>>51004276
I don't actually. This is just a lively topic.
>>
>>51004342
>Got tired of being shot at through rock scenery and jump troops that always moved an extra 3 or so inches.

did you consider calling him out on it? your rule thing is dumb but what he's doing is completely unacceptable from the get go
>>
>>51004358
>its ok guys i was just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>51004283
Nothing. I usually leave. Nothing to say really. Either they have poor home-training, and can't be fixed, or it was intended as an insult and I would rather not fight a person over *their* flatulence. Loose/Loose. What would you do? Perhaps I can learn for the next time.
>>
>top secret transport anon is also autist anon who throws games and has a tantrum when he stops having fun
Why am I not surprised. My man, I know we disagree on a few things but let's put that aside for a moment so I can say something important to you, completely off the record and unrelated to all we've been arguing about.

You are an asshat of a player. You sound like an awfully unfun guy to play against and I hope the two of us never have a game together, knowingly or otherwise.
>>
File: 1483398497644.jpg (191KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
1483398497644.jpg
191KB, 640x633px
>>51004392

Fart right back.
>>
>>51004381
Arguing that everyone be held to a custom in *some* places is being retarded? Well this is 4chan. Find me the text in the brb. Find me a battlerep by GW where they actually do it. Do something other than saying "we do it, so its right!"
>>
>>51004102
>nurgle warp storm?
Like you want one... the Tzeentch WS is terrible and only decent if the enemies don't have Psykers and you brought a Daemonic Incursion for +/- 1.

Way too many target a Random X to be good.
>Deep Strike a Tzeentch unit would've been cool... if you could target it. Instead it's cool, I have 10 Tzeentch units on the board gotta target a Random unit...
>there are 11 non Daemon Characters... gotta target a random one....
>Hey lets give all enemy Flamers Warpflame... despite all my Flamers already having the rule.
>>
>>51004449
its quite hard to do that when its a universally accepted social rule

its never ever come up in tournaments that ive been to, ive never seen a battlerep that uses your way of doing the information and ive never even heard of it until today
>>
>>51004420
Odd, I am usually complimented on being a good opponent, I've gotten the Sportsmanship prize in tourneys, and in the local gaming group I get ppl saying they were disappointed when I just stop by to chat and spectate instead of bringing an army to play. I'm pretty low key most of the time.

I wonder what about what I've described would give the impression that I am so fundamentally unpleasant to play. Odd. Clearly I must reflect.
>>
>>51004507
>I wonder what about what I've described would give the impression that I am so fundamentally unpleasant to play

probably the part where you said you would literally walk away from the table without confrontation or argument
>>
File: marathonpoop.jpg (53KB, 540x342px) Image search: [Google]
marathonpoop.jpg
53KB, 540x342px
>>51004441
Ewww
>>
>>51004479
speaking of

I've never actually seen the new warp storm.
What is it like?
What did they change?
Got a picture?
>>
>>51003656
I covered mine with the little penis bits.
>>
>>51004520
I've walked away from competitive games, yes. If the win was so important to my opponent that they were OK with being an ass, yes. I've been in situations where I pushed models and rolled dice to end a game quickly too, as conceding would have just set the person off anyway, or given them a reason to gloat. How is this being an asshole? I just can't make the connection.

At no point did I say I do this regularly, or start friendly games and walk away when its not fun or going well. I play CHAOS, and have for a while. Loosing is no thing for me. I just want to play with my little metal men. But I'm not prepared to be an ass over it, or do anything my grandmother would shake her head over. Even is others do.
>>
>>51004533
2 - A random non-daemon character suffers D3 wounds with no saves allowed. If the model is killed by this then it turns into a Spawn.

3 - All psykers suffers perils on any doubles till next roll on this table.

4 - Remove a random Tzeentch Daemon from play and deepstrike it immediately.

5 - All psykers harness warp charges on 3+ until the next roll on this table.

6 - All flamer weapons gain Warpflame. Doesn't say until the next turn... so permanently gain Warpflame.

7 - Each player gains D3 re-rolls for anything. Unused rolls are lost end of the turn.

8 - All powers cost 1 less warp charge but any failed psychic test is a perils. Lasts till the next turn.

9 - Any units suffer D6 S4 AP4 warpflame hits on a roll of a 1 or 2. This includes your own units.

10 - Current player deepstrikes a new unit of 10 Brimstone Horrors.

11 - A random non-daemon enemy psyker takes a LD and if failed is replaced by a Herald of Tzeentch.

12 - Current player chooses a tzeentch daemon character which must pass a LD test. If failed, is removed from play. If passed, is replaced by a Lord of Change
>>
File: Imperial Psykers.jpg (44KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Psykers.jpg
44KB, 600x620px
Anyone got any tips for getting some varience in Psykers? I don't want just a bunch of identical models in my Psykana Division.
>>
SO HOW BOUT THAT 40K.

From what I'm reading it looks like I could totally take Acolytes with Stormshields and special weapons. My question is do Mystics still keep the options an acolyte can get after it's been upgraded? I like the idea of a pillbox of 3++ that can drop pinpoint hellrain every turn.
>>
>>51004641
Why not just use Acolyte squads from the non retarded codex and add crusader?

Unless for some reson you want Storm shields and plasma on BS3 and T3 model
>>
>>51004638
There's some warmachhine models that work really well I've seen people use.
>>
>>51004641
>My question is do Mystics still keep the options an acolyte can get after it's been upgraded? Nope. It's naked.

>I like the idea of a pillbox of 3++ that can drop pinpoint hellrain every turn.
If by Pillbox you mean a Mystic in a transport. The homing turns off inside the transport.
>>
>>51004703
That stupid rule is the reason I have my Retribution squad on bastion or similar crap just to use their AoF.

What army abuse the shit of it for it to be FAQ?
>>
>>51004638

AoS Flagellents.
Paint glowing eyes accordingly.
>>
>>51004638
Raging heroes have some Psyker like models. Just use random shit like anyone else. They are the grotz of the Imperium.
>>
>>51004742
Thanks. Only suggestion I can actually use.
>>
>>51004703
I mean more like a box of 3++ acolytes and crusaders Scouted using an Inquisitor upfield protecting mystics.
>>
>>51004769
GW store? Why do you hate yourself?
>>
File: shadowseer.png (234KB, 410x590px) Image search: [Google]
shadowseer.png
234KB, 410x590px
Alternative models for Shadowseers?
>>
>>51004839

Why wouldn't you use that model?
Harlies have notoriously bad crunch, but the models are top notch.
>>
>>51004833
No alternative. That or nothing.
>>
>>51004839
>>51004864
I need 3 of them in my proposed list.
>>
>>51004872
Better dead than red?

Some times I wish my third world country had GW store.
>>
Newest shitposting
>>51004902
Tau are okay
>>51004902
Admittedly I didn't know spoilers collapse formatting
>>51004902
>>
>>51004611
i wouldn't mind a slaanesh table

>rending happens on 5+
>6s to hit in combat generate another hit
>all units can run and charge in the same turn
>slaanesh units gain move through cover or if they have it gain +3 movement to all phases
>instead of -1 invuls -1 to movement
>on a 6 enemy units take 6d6 s1 ap- rending hits
>enemy suffers -1 bs for +1 ws
>morale checks suffer -2 ld
>>
File: Eldar knight (2).jpg (501KB, 1559x1917px) Image search: [Google]
Eldar knight (2).jpg
501KB, 1559x1917px
Why is the Eldar Wraithknight possibly one of the best models ever?
>>
>>51004928
Delete that shit, Anon, holy fuck.
>>
>>51004948
Looks like generic "giant futuristic robot" concept art DESU
>>
>>51004953
I can't, phone poster. Also it's only poorly formatted for phone users.
>>
>>51005003
Then make a new one, properly, and link that.
>>
>>51003976
>what it'll also give 40k.
Nothing. Wrath of Magnus was the Tzeentch 40k book.
>>
>>51001109
170 guardsmen anon
>>
>>51005016
I'm not gay spoiler anon, here's a non gay general

>>51005193
>>51005193
>>51005193
>>
>>51001333
You can't have it on the table turn one.
>>
>>51005235
you can if you have a landing pad
>>
>>51003854
are the infinity models the same height as the 40k models?
>>
>>51006078
no, they're much smaller and have much smaller hands

you cannot mix infinity and 40k

and infinity models are way more expensive per model than gw troop choices
Thread posts: 449
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.