[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 75

File: ruhan.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
ruhan.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
You first commander edition.

Old Thread: >>50979534

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info

>Thread Topic:
How good or bad was your first commander deck and how has it evolved over time.
>>
File: glissatt.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
glissatt.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>50994869

Not very good. My second deck shares a lot of cards with it but I may return to this as I get more relevant cards.
>>
File: Ghave, Guru of Spores_CMD.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Ghave, Guru of Spores_CMD.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>50994869
This guy. It was saproling tribal. I had fun but i broke it apart eventually. I forgot who was the next commander but it had red.
>>
File: tajic.jpg (108KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
tajic.jpg
108KB, 312x445px
It was pretty terrible, but it had some cute stuff in it, Pariah for example. It was basically a voltron deck made with the shit I had lying around in those colors.

Later, it evolved into a Brion Stoutarm threaten & fling deck, and once I got an Aurelia it turned back into Boros tokens. I remade the Brion deck recently, better than before, and it's all right but I don't know if it's really as fun as Aurelia Boros tokens was, so I might remake it as that again. I've become kinda infamous in my playgroups for my favoritism of RW.
>>
File: Zur.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Zur.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
Mine was Zur, and it was awful, just a hodge podge of esper colored cards.

It morphed to a Sharuum combo deck but I couldn't make it fast/ consistent so I used Merieke Ri Berit to slow things down and control the board.

While having a steal/clone deck was fun I lacked viable win cons within my play group (7 different guys), so I moved back to Zur and made a pillowfort/voltron deck.
>>
>the legendaries are going to be shit
Kill me.
>>
File: Image.png (120KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
120KB, 223x311px
It was made pretty much of uncommons and rares I had on hand, it wasn't really that coherent and didn't synergise that much with his abilities.

Needless to say, there are almost no cards which remain from the original in its current state, which is as a token generator with a shitload of anthems, cards which share combat tricks, and a bunch of equipments with a sunforger toolkit.

I mostly win when people ignore me, forget Iroas's second ability, I rebound a kill with Deflectig Palm/Wild Ricochet, or rush out the gates early and people can't keep up.

Still one of my favorite decks though.
>>
File: sram.png (184KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
sram.png
184KB, 265x370px
>>50995097
kiddings?
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
Oh lord. My fantastic time running Teysa.

I didn't have any combos or anything with it. No infinite exile using silly color shifting. Just an absolute fuck ton of goats. So many goats died while I ran this deck.

I had so much goat generation/flicker in the deck. Lots of reanimator for the goat generators. A friend of mine offered to make me a playmat featuring Teysa holding a knife to goat's neck. Satan imagery featured prominently.

I declined because that seemed a bit graphic and I knew I wouldn't have the deck forever.
>>
>>50995119
Wizards is finally allowing MonoW to be great.
>>
File: shopping.jpg (24KB, 322x449px) Image search: [Google]
shopping.jpg
24KB, 322x449px
>>50994869
My first commander was Chromium. This was back when you could only use the original elder dragons as generals.

Deck was effectively Esper goodstuff. I eventually switched this to Sharuum after the rule changed, but this dragon will always have a spot in my edh heart.

I really kinda wanna remake it, tho.
>>
Would winding constrictor trigger on a planeswalker's plus abilities, or like doubling season, it has to be an effect, not a cost?
>>
>>50995199
Also this is assuming you turned them into an artifact
>>
>>50995119
I really, really, really like this guy. Not only is the card mechanically good, it's on-curve, versatile yet perfect for its color identity, simple, and I'm really digging the character of the flavor text (the guy is just trying to do his job). This is a well-designed card and I want a copy of it as soon as possible.
>>
File: daxos.png (125KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
daxos.png
125KB, 223x311px
First and favorite

Pillowfort, keep opponents from attacking me while I build up enchantments and start churning out 10/10s

Pimped out most of it to be almost all foil, lots of power cards like crypt, damnation, serra's sanctum, and my only dual land via scrubland which i bought just for this deck

Good matchups against pretty much everything that isnt degenerate combo
>>
>>50995199
>>50995212
It doesn't say "an effect" so yeah.
>>
>>50995137
>I had so much goat generation
I got a kick out of this. What were your main goat generators?
>>
>>50995304
Not him, but Trading Post is a popular one
>>
My first EDH deck was Mimeoplasm. I found one discounted at Walmart because the oversized cards were missing and it was in the deck box. I fixed it up with stuff I got from Innistrad and that Christmas my mother got me the Graveborn deck. I wish I still had it it was a blast, but I've traded so much of it away.
>>
>>50995304
If he's saying flicker, probably springjack shepherd
>>
>>50995348
>Not him, but Trading Post is a popular one

That's the only one I knew of off the top of my head.I bet he used Springjack Shephard too, it spawns a 0/1 goat upon ETB.
>>
File: circu.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
circu.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
built a mill deck. Everyone hated it.

I was going into EDH begrudgingly though so I wasn't interested in playing along.

>mfw ive converted all my 60 card decks into edh now
>>
File: TwilightDrover.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
TwilightDrover.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>50995304

This guy's got it. >>50995393

This was before Trading Post existed. So I had tutors to get my Shepherd, flicker for the shepherd, and goat recursion. It was only one card but it nearly always found its way into play. It stuck with people.

Cards like Twilight Drover helped as well.
>>
File: 635032493957189205[1].jpg (47KB, 192x275px) Image search: [Google]
635032493957189205[1].jpg
47KB, 192x275px
>>50995224
My first as well, though something about it all just didn't quite click with me. Could be that I didn't really have all that much to throw into the precog that made it all that better than it was. Could be that I'm not the kinda guy to use too many enchantments. Ah well.

Haven't played Commander for all that long (or MTG really for that matter), though. Pic related is what I've been rocking lately, fun to do all sorts of strange bullshit with.
>>
File: 52.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
52.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>50994869
This guy. It sucked. The curve was through the roof and it was made largely out of pack fodder and garbage cards that I inherited from a friend.

Now that I know what the fuck I'm doing with this format I'm considering rebuilding him
>>
I just discovered this guy and he's not great but could he be decent for mono black good stuff?
>>
>>50995768
Go og Drana. She was my first commander and in my low powered meta she reigned supreme. Ramp into her and eat everything. after that just black goodstuff.
>>
>>50995792
I'm just trying to do something with cards I have on hand, I've got a ton of good mono b but I've never played it and only have 2 legendaries for it.

New Drana and that guy.

I could most likely proxy something but I've never done it before.
>>
>>50995768
He can be very good, but it's easy to get BTFO.
>token player sacrifices 40 creatures.
>>
>>50995855
Venser's Journal would be an auto include right?
>>
>>50995879
Couldn't hurt, as well as blood artist and friends. Don't be afraid to use a double edged sword, just be careful with it.
>>
>>50995879
>>50995973
Oh and Alhammeret's Archive would probably go well in it. Drawing two off of his trigger and increasing the potency of all your drain cards. Might as well throw in psychosis crawler and harvester of souls too.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COuXWGwd65M
Opinions on this?
>>
>>50996099
shit
>>
>>50996099
go away desolator
>>
>>50996099
garbage
>>
Making a sliver hivelord edh deck is harder than I thought.
>>
>>50996099
Des has gone pretty downhill recently. Still better than tumblr and reddit/10 youtube channels, but I can't really say he's better than nothing at all. He has no real talent at all for judging a card's power level, but insists that he's right about all his predictions.
>>
>>50996828
You remembered to buy your foil playsets of cryptolith rite, right?
>>
File: keranos_god_of_storms.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
keranos_god_of_storms.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>50994869
My first deck was actually two decks: this guy and Mogis, God of Slaughter. I built both of them when I was first interested in EDH, but no one else in my playgroup wanted to play it. Also, this was shortly after I got into the game so I had no solid deckbuilding knowledge.

Keranos was UR counterburn since I loved playing that in 60 card formats (even if I didn't play it right). The Mogis deck did better since I would constantly kill off creatures and force people to take 2 damage each turn.

I rebuilt Keranos a few more times. The last time was last year, and it was built out of a bunch of U and R cards I had lying around. It was definitely formidable---had a good curve, and I was never shut out of the game, but it didn't really do anything to win. I ended up selling the deck since I needed the money, and I wasn't personally attached to it.
>>
File: wort_infinite.png (568KB, 701x610px) Image search: [Google]
wort_infinite.png
568KB, 701x610px
haha. im great at pulling wins out of my ass.
>>
>>50997023
I run haze of rage in my mizzix deck, which also has a talrand
Buyback mixed with other abilities is hilarious
>>
File: hex.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
hex.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
I understand that spells resolve to the fullest of their ability but why do cards like pic related not get counters if one of the targets becomes illegal because their is only one instance of the word target

608.2b ...The spell or ability is countered if all its targets, for every instance of the word “target,” are now illegal

so are cards like hex basically shortcut version of
'destroy target creature
'destroy target creature'
'destroy target creature
'destroy target creature

sorry no judge thread
>>
>>50997160
No
A card with your wording could target the same creature multiple times. Hex requires six different targets in order to be cast.
>>
>>50997211
So, like, "Destroy target creature not already targeted by Hex" x6?
>>
>>50997211
Basically, yeah.
>>
>>50997348
meant for
>>50997246
>>
File: 1483171180873m.jpg (295KB, 1024x984px) Image search: [Google]
1483171180873m.jpg
295KB, 1024x984px
>mfw my group is buying herald of leshrac for their black decks after seeing it in my gitrog deck
>>
File: Image (1).png (139KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).png
139KB, 223x311px
>>50994869
I took lands, I took artifacts, I took it all!
I kept it too with blink effects and the such.
>>
>>50997023
This doesn't actually work. You eventually run out of green mana.
>>
>>50997571
what color is a saproling?
>>
>>50997571
tap the saps before you sac
>>
>>50994869
Which Steam game would best teach me magic? I really want to learn how to play.

2014 - I hear it's the best
2015 - I hear they jew you with cards
Duels - It's free, haven't heard anything about it
>>
File: ACKCHYUALLY.png (35KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
ACKCHYUALLY.png
35KB, 700x700px
>>50997675
>>50997659
601.2e The player determines the total cost of the spell. Usually this is just the mana cost. Some spells have additional or alternative costs. Some effects may increase or reduce the cost to pay, or may provide other alternative costs. Costs may include paying mana, tapping permanents, sacrificing permanents, discarding cards, and so on. The total cost is the mana cost or alternative cost (as determined in rule 601.2b), plus all additional costs and cost increases, and minus all cost reductions. If the mana component of the total cost is reduced to nothing by cost reduction effects, it is considered to be {0}. It can’t be reduced to less than {0}. Once the total cost is determined, any effects that directly affect the total cost are applied. Then the resulting total cost becomes “locked in.” If effects would change the total cost after this time, they have no effect. #

601.2f If the total cost includes a mana payment, the player then has a chance to activate mana abilities (see rule 605, “Mana Abilities”). Mana abilities must be activated before costs are paid. #

601.2g The player pays the total cost in any order. Partial payments are not allowed. Unpayable costs can’t be paid.

Activating mana abilities (ashnod's) happen before tapping them to conspire/convoke.
>>
>>50997694
duels is utter shit in any way other than the "I have no clue how the basics of the game work and no one to teach me" way
if that's what you're looking for though, it's perfectly fine
>>
>>50997790
Should I just get 2014? What makes it better, in your opinion? Which one do people play more (if they play at all?).
>>
>>50997760
you're going to be making 4 saprolings every cast
you'll use 2 each time to conspire, tap two of them for convoke, then sac 2 that you tapped to convoke/conspire the previous casting of
>>
File: noice.png (100KB, 241x207px) Image search: [Google]
noice.png
100KB, 241x207px
>>50997760
Oh nevermind. I just figured it out.
>>
>>50997847
*To make infinite mana
Each time, you either get 1 untapped creature, or 1 colorless mana
>>
cards you can't play without the board killing you before your next turn
>>
>>50994869

It will never stop making me mad how badly Ruhan is in wrong colors. A big dumb brute who attacks randomly every turn? Jeskai? What the fuck is blue or white about about that? It should be Jund or even just Rakdos colors.
>>
>>50998359
White has combat-related stuff I guess

I agree that it'd be better without both blue and white, but maybe Mardu wouldn't be so bad. I dunno, they did weird shit in that first Commander deck cycle
>>
Zurgo or Thraximundar for voltron?
>>
Want to run human tribal what do?
>>
File: a0.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
a0.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>50998102
>>
>>50995119
with the number of dwarves and vehicles in aether revolt could we be able to build a semi-decent depala deck?
>>
File: Child of Alara_CFX.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Child of Alara_CFX.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>Your first commander
Pic related.

>How good or bad was your first commander deck and how has if evolved over time?
It was basically a huge elaborate excuse to get all five Praetors into play, which for the meta at the time (which consisted of one Animar precon) was crazy strong, but in hindsight was just brainless goodstuff. I ended up dismantling it and countless decks since then, though I've settled down on that and got a few good solid decks I've had for a while and some newer ones.
>>
>>50998559
new sigarda
>>
>>50998552
Zurgo. Spam board wipes like they're going out of style.
>>
>>50997694
2014 is rad. The Eldrazi deck on there is fun as hell.
>>
>>50998681

I'm seeing a lot of recommendation for the Devastation/Obliterate/Jokulhaups combo with Zurgo but that land destruction seems a little too much "anti-fun" ya know?
>>
>>50998712
I mean, you don't have to go for the lands. Think more stuff like Wrath of God, Tragic Arrogance, stuff like that to wipe creatures out of the way so you can smash face
>>
my first legendary creature was probably one from ravnica or nefarox, my first commander deck was derevi
>>
>>50995632
I'd rebuild him. Shu Yun is tons of fun if you like playing something fast.
>>
Steal your creature, hit you with it, sacrifice it before you get it back, get something out of it probably.
>>
File: Shit counters.jpg (94KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Shit counters.jpg
94KB, 312x445px
I've been building and tuning Kraj for four years.

Originally he was just an excuse to play Lorthos and other fatties but eventually shifted to being the most ridiculous things you could do with +1/+1's

Before the end of the year I'll be using the Activated Abilities of Artifact Planeswalker Creatures
>>
File: darkest hour.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
darkest hour.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>50999307
>probably
Why leave it to chance?
>>
>>50999414
If you use liquimetal coating on a planeswalker and then ensoul artifact it, and then put a +1/+1 on it, is Kraj a planeswalker?
>>
>>50999457
>>50999414
If i remember right no. which means he can use his planeswalker abilities an infinite amount of times per turn because the rule stating otherwise is attached to the planeswalker card type not the abilities kraj gains
>>
>>50998680

Ok, have that already, what else?
>>
>>50999511
But those require loyalty counters, so he can't.
>>
>>50999511
112.5. Some activated abilities are loyalty abilities. Loyalty abilities follow special rules: A player may activate a loyalty ability of a permanent he or she controls any time he or she has priority and the stack is empty during a main phase of his or her turn, but only if no player has previously activated a loyalty ability of that permanent that turn. See rule 606, "Loyalty Abilities."
>>
>>50999520
>JTMS
>Liquimetal Coating
>Ensoul Artifact
>Kraj
>Brainstorm your entire deck
>>
File: march.jpg (79KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
march.jpg
79KB, 223x310px
>>50999457
No, however a permanent may activate a loyalty ability once per turn to gain a loyalty counter.
Therefore if a planeswalker is a creature.
>>
>>50999511
they changed the wording from counting only to planeswalkers to counting the ability itself.

So now he just becomes a 0 starting loyalty unattackable planeswalker.
>>
>>50999557
that's absolutely wack, I love it
>>
File: OH.jpg (42KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
OH.jpg
42KB, 265x370px
>>50999572
Which is why I'm still playing Kraj to this day, you never know what they'll print
>>
>>50999572
especially if you get a proper + ability like Karn to add 4 loyalty a turn.
Can get within most other planeswalkers ultimte range in 2 turns.
>>
File: Nahiri-the-Lithomancer-MtG-Art.jpg (113KB, 733x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Nahiri-the-Lithomancer-MtG-Art.jpg
113KB, 733x1100px
>How good or bad was your first commander deck and how has it evolved over time.
Nahiri. I still have it and work on it. It's mono white so you can only imagine how shit it was at the start when I got back into Magic with EDH, I started with New Phyrexia and fell off with Theros so getting back in my card pool was still small. Now it does pretty okay since the deck keeps threats down with constant wraths and tokens beating face.

Seeing the new Dwarf legendary and the spell that puts 3 servos and lets me cast a 3 cmc spell for free has got me pumped though. Honestly the deck runs pretty well right now and is only going to get better over time. It's the one deck I'll never take apart.
>>
It was pretty good, but nowhere near the beast it is now.
Also list:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/arcanis-the-omnipotent-competitive-combo/
To the fag that either baited or was legit buttmad about cyclonic rift, you wouldn't like playing this:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/daretti-scrap-savant-competitive-control-1/
>>
>>51000022
>that arcanis deck
2/10, I'm kind of disappointed anon. You have all your money tied up in like 7 stupid cards, and the rest of your deck is just... boring. I mathed it out, you spent (assuming you have these cards) 575.80 of the 856.43 budget on your 3 fetches, mox diamond, mana drain, force of will, and mana crypt. I'm just disappointed anon, with all that money I expect more creativity.
>>
>>51000183
Well yeah. It's made to win. What else expensive could I get. I was thinking of all the playable extra turn spells but that's already dicking people more than they're getting dicked.
If I want fun I'll play Shu Yun.
Jos oot vertti kys .
>>
>>51000183
Here's creativity for under $300 revel in my decklist!

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/many-birds-with-arms/
>>
File: counters.jpg (36KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
counters.jpg
36KB, 223x311px
hey its me your new commander.
>>
File: really.jpg (52KB, 464x276px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
52KB, 464x276px
>>51000214
>Well yeah. It's made to win
Not really. It's made to be a pubstomp deck that instantly folds to anything actually good. It's like watching someone who just googled "good counterspell deck" slam whatever popped up into a shell around a combo you didn't even include in the deck.

Like I said, I'm just baffled and disappointed people like you exist.

>>51000250
Not bad, not bad. Your mana base is completely wack, but that can easily be fixed in a variety of ways such as:

>1) Just cutting the stupid things that enter tapped but don't give you a huge benefit
>2) Throw in some sexy basic land ramp
>3) Amulet of Vigor
>>
>>51000321
6/10 bait, i bit
>>
>>51000311
I dunno whether to run in Atraxa or Meren or both.
>>
>>51000311
Wow really boring keep printing uninspiring trash thanks wizards
>>
>>50999414
>>51000311
No he is not but he looks real nice on my curve.
>>
File: 1483205291289.png (833KB, 1080x1433px) Image search: [Google]
1483205291289.png
833KB, 1080x1433px
>>51000337
Which part is bait anon? Go look at your decklist, you didn't even include mind over matter. I bet you don't even own these cards.

It just pisses me off when people come around here swinging their e-peen with nothing to back it up. At least be a competent deckbuilder if you're not going to do anything interesting.
>>
File: WP_20170103_10_16_22_Pro.jpg (4MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170103_10_16_22_Pro.jpg
4MB, 5376x3024px
>>51000376
Well there's my copy of it, very sorry I didn't include it on the online list :)
>>
>>51000022
>4 fetches
>In monoblue
>34 basics
>And that many rocks
What the fuck are you doing? You must get mana flooded every single game.
>>
File: 8liW1A7bZFll.jpg (32KB, 594x325px) Image search: [Google]
8liW1A7bZFll.jpg
32KB, 594x325px
>>51000428
Yes, because I didn't believe you have an extremely niche $14 jank card.

The point is, your deck is clearly assembled by an unfun imaginationless faggot, and you've done little to prove otherwise.
>>
>>51000460
I already admitted that ... so what's your point?
>>51000456
Haven't gotten flooded so far, but I did cut down to 37 lands on the online version now.
>>
>>51000311
But that's not Sram
>>
>>51000022
Where the fuck is your snapcaster, mystical tutor, scroll rack, stifle, treasure cruise, high tide, omniscience, cryptic command, and utility lands?
You got sloppy anon.
4/10 see me after class.
>>
>>51000498
I'm blind you have cryptic command. My other points still stand.
>>
>>51000371
If you're after a 3-drop dork you need a new deck.
>>
>>51000022
>>51000498
I'm just wondering where the Laboratory Maniac is at, nice to have that win if they remove tidespout.
>>
>>51000473
>Haven't gotten flooded so far
I'm going to bet you haven't played it so far.
There's $150 in your manabase and zero utility

And what are you going to do with all that mana? Counter 6 times a turn?
If the answer is anything other than yes, why aren't you running High Tide?
>>
>>51000473
Next time, instead of acting like a jackass and flapping your ass cheeks like some sort of smelly marionette, actually google what a good deck looks like. In a multiplayer game, I could beat you pretty consistently with a deck that cost less than $100.

I know exactly how this deck will play out:
>2/10 games, you get an amazing hand and ramp into an obvious advantage
>2/10 games you have a janky nonsense hand and instantly die to dead draws
>4/10 games you blow your counterspell load, pray for some cantrips, and wind up durdling while someone else combos off before you
>1/10 games your deck works the way you think it does
>>
>>51000513
Read it again
It makes EVERYHING a dork
>>
>>51000513
Read the post you just replied to, then the posts he replied to, realize that he's talking about his Experiment Kraz deck and realize that Rishkar can put counters wherever he wants
>>
>>51000311
I'd rather run Sram
>>51000498
Mystical Tutor didn't do much while it was in.
I haven't put in utility lands yet because of B2B pulling serious weight, probably gonna put in waste and strip mine though.
If I wanted to play High Tide I'd play Jace instead.
Didn't find I had enough room for Cruise and Dig, so I got rid of the one that digs less
>>51000511
So is Omniscience
>>51000531
I suppose I could add that, it's just that once I hit MoM+Arcanis I can infinitely recur all spells and keep everything tapped down so opponents usually scoop then.
>>51000535
>>51000550
I played it thrice yesterday, winning each game, which is why I asked about a question regarding slow-play in last thread.

Not gonna bother beyond that, other adding utility lands that sac
>>
File: 1481245031587.jpg (81KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1481245031587.jpg
81KB, 500x334px
>>51000575
Wait, you're actually being serious?
>>
>>51000321
Yeah the mana base needs work. I have shocks in modern decks so if need be I'll switch them into my deck. Also have the fetches in my legacy deck as well. It could be optimized, sure. As it stands it's birds and beatdown so at least I accomplished that
>>
>>51000575
Yeah, adding lab maniac isn't really necessary, but it's often nice for peace of mind when you get players that refuse to concede and want to play it out til you kill each of them.

>destroy every permanent except my own
>nobody has a single land in play but me, I'm at 6-8 lands with a large amount of artifacts and a few small creatures on board
>can destroy any permanent they play so there is no coming back
>refuse to concede, demand that I kill them

On a related note, I earlier this week was playing modern, playing lantern control, during one game I establish the lock (4 mill artifacts, bridge is up, lantern is up, he has 2 outs left in his entire deck IF I let him draw them). I recommend he concedes to save time so that we can go on to game 2, and the guy replies "I NEVER EVER CONCEDE! No matter what!"
So I just played it out without killing him until there wasn't enough time for a game 2, when he realized what I was doing he conceded, but it still ended 1-0-1. That felt good.
>>
>>51000665
When I build tricolour with green, I abuse the shit out of things like rampant growth, harrow, explosive vegetation, sakura-tribe eldar, cultivate etc. While you are building a bird tribal, I'm sure you can use some things like that to even out your curve. Also, crystaline crawler is amazing.
>>
File: 1422241604716.gif (2MB, 352x199px) Image search: [Google]
1422241604716.gif
2MB, 352x199px
>>51000677
the best feeling
>>
>>50995097
>>50995119
>legendaries are going to be shit
>sram means shit in polish
did kek
>>
File: windingconstrictor.jpg (46KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
windingconstrictor.jpg
46KB, 265x370px
I have a feeling too complex to accurately put into words
>>
>>51000925

Is it the terrible rising joy of knowing that the sweet release of death is certain?
>>
File: pure casual.png (1MB, 800x1040px) Image search: [Google]
pure casual.png
1MB, 800x1040px
>>50994869
My first commander was one of the precons. Mimeoplasm, if I remember right. My first constructed commander was Krenko, Mob Boss. Which is exactly what you think it was. I still love goblins, so I've gone through Shattergang and I'm back to mono-red with Zada.

I finally completed version 1.0 of my Kambal, Consul of Allocation deck. Turns out it's not boring at all. I won the first game I played with it - though I did have a great opening hand with plenty of land, a Sol Ring, and an Orzhov Signet. It puts plenty of indirect pressure on the game and Kambal's cheap enough to cast over and over if need be.
>>
File: Kaalia+of+the+Vast+%5BCMD%5D.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Kaalia+of+the+Vast+%5BCMD%5D.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>First and current deck is pic related.

God it's boring. I need a new commander guys but I don't know where to start. I want to do crazy shenanigans without constantly painting a target on my back and having super binary gameplay.
>>
File: Blossum.jpg (58KB, 600x403px) Image search: [Google]
Blossum.jpg
58KB, 600x403px
>>50994869
I alternated between Gisela, Anya, and Aurelia for a while, but I had a lot of friends help me build it. Over time, I saw what she was really good at: convincing other players to kill each other. Since then I've swapped out most the cards in favor of creatures that combo well with her in addition to a few enchantments like aurification and right of the lighting storm to further support her theme.

The first deck I built completely by myself was Kruphix, though.
>>
File: 1436948691983.gif (574KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1436948691983.gif
574KB, 500x333px
Well I got unreasonably triggered, so I sat down and thought about my life lmao and about my deck, so I went back and improved it I think.
My bad for being cunty. I might still be pissed over yesterday or I'm just an unlikable git; probably the latter.
>>
>>50999433
Then you don't get to do damage
>>
File: Image.png (128KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
128KB, 223x311px
Fairly new to magic and decided I wanted to buy her. How do I turn the 2015 EDH version of this deck into something gross?
>>
>>51001311
You're already there.
>>
>>50994869
>How good or bad was your first commander deck and how has it evolved over time.
My first commander deck was Erayo. It didn't change much before it was banned.

I put together a Geist deck after that, but that quickly wore thin. Somebody would always ask if I had a commander deck; I'd say yes, and then some other asshole would join in and I'd end up fighting two mediocre decks and narrowly losing half the time. And when I did win, people would be salty or even hostile. Fuck that.

Only recently (less than a week ago) did I jump back into commander, having found that there are plenty of competitive players on MODO. I'm loving it. Mostly been playing Vial Smasher/Thrasios.
>>
>>51001587
Do you have a list? I'm also running a non-combo thrasios list and would be interested in comparing.
>>
>>51001697
1 Crucible of Worlds
1 Executioner's Capsule
1 Mana Crypt
1 Mox Diamond
1 Nihil Spellbomb
1 Pithing Needle
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Sol Ring
1 Arid Mesa
1 Bayou
1 Bloodstained Mire
1 Blooming Marsh
1 Botanical Sanctum
1 Breeding Pool
1 Cavern of Souls
1 City of Brass
1 Command Tower
1 Darkslick Shores
1 Drowned Catacomb
1 Flooded Grove
1 Flooded Strand
1 Forest
1 Hinterland Harbor
1 Island
1 Llanowar Wastes
1 Lumbering Falls
1 Mana Confluence
1 Marsh Flats
1 Misty Rainforest
1 Overgrown Tomb
1 Polluted Delta
1 Scalding Tarn
1 Spirebluff Canal
1 Steam Vents
1 Stomping Ground
1 Strip Mine
1 Taiga
1 Temple of Mystery
1 Tropical Island
1 Underground Sea
1 Verdant Catacombs
1 Volcanic Island
1 Watery Grave
1 Windswept Heath
1 Wooded Foothills
1 Yavimaya Coast
1 Birds of Paradise
1 Bloom Tender
1 Deathrite Shaman
1 Edric, Spymaster of Trest
1 Gilded Drake
1 Imperial Recruiter
1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
1 Mulldrifter
1 Reclamation Sage
1 Shriekmaw
1 Snapcaster Mage
1 Squee, Goblin Nabob
1 Surrak Dragonclaw
1 Tasigur, the Golden Fang
1 Tarmogoyf
1 Trinket Mage
1 Trygon Predator
1 Abrupt Decay
1 Ancient Grudge
1 Brainstorm
1 Careful Study
1 Counterspell
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Dig Through Time
1 Dreadbore
1 Evasive Action
1 Fire // Ice
1 Fact or Fiction
1 Force of Will
1 Green Sun's Zenith
1 Impulse
1 Mana Drain
1 Mental Note
1 Ponder
1 Preordain
1 Putrefy
1 Sylvan Library
1 Mystical Teachings
1 Sudden Demise
1 Survival of the Fittest
1 Tainted Pact
1 Terminate
1 Thirst for Knowledge
1 Thought Scour
1 Thoughtseize
1 Treachery
1 Treasure Cruise
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Worldly Tutor
1 Dack Fayden
1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
1 Tezzeret the Seeker
>>
>>51001807
Jesus Christ, use tappedout
>>
>>50999520
Only the minus abilities require you to already have them.
>>
>>51001807
Delete this
>>
File: _20161231_123745.jpg (1MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
_20161231_123745.jpg
1MB, 2160x3840px
LOOK THIS GUYS DECK

HOW CAN YOU PLAY LIKE THIS

HOLY SHIT
>>
>>51002086
>the top card is flipped over
>that mess of a board
>that everything
I would scoop just to make the horror end sooner.
>>
>>51002101
He had Melek down, thats why the card is revealed

But still
>>
>>51002086
Why are there token and dice everywhere?
>>
>>51002136

Ease of access?

Idk
>>
File: 207.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
207.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>50994869
>You first commander
I remember flipping through my LGS's 50-cent rare bin and finding a Legends version of Rubinia and thinking "whoa that's a powerful effect". Boy was I wrong.

My first attempt was a Wizards tribal deck, using a complicated combo to turn all my opponents' lands into creatures and then mind-controlling them. It was cool, but incredibly durdly and took forever to assemble the combo. Besides the combo, it didn't really do much interaction. I dismantled it quickly and moved on to other commanders. That was about 3 years ago.

A couple months ago, I rebuilt her as a Bant Enchantress deck with lots of flicker and ETB effects. I've only piloted the deck a few times but one highlight for me was putting seven creatures under Day of the Dragons and beating an Oloro player's face with it. It's janky as hell but it's fun to play now.
>>
>>50997694
xmage will make you a godlike stack abuser

actually i have a question about the stack:

I have a Keiga, the Tide Star on the board with Carrion Feeder and Grave Pact. My opponent controls a Craw Wurm. If I sac my Keiga, how do the triggers get put on stack? Does my opponent get an opportunity to sac his Craw Wurm before I can take control of it? Or can I personally order the triggers so they can't?

It seems that Grave Pact triggers are basically global so as soon as they get priority after Keiga dies, they'll have to sac, but I'm not sure
>>
File: 44.jpg (69KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
44.jpg
69KB, 336x469px
>>51001087

Come to the UG side
>>
>>50994869
My first EDH deck was the budget Mikaeus deck with some goodstuff added. I disassembled it long after I kept getting wins out of nowhere with it.
>>
Can you unattach sunforger at instant speed?
>>
What are some essential enchantments for Gruul Wort? I'm trying to keep the nonland permanent count low, but keep the deck moving fast. Maybe using Mana Flare/Mana Reflection to both keep a target off my back and get more mana
>>
>>51002318
You control the triggers and they trigger at the same time, so you control the order they go on the stack in. So, yes, you can steal your opponents craw worm.
>>
Is making a Melek deck s good idea or am I just going to get hated out of the game immediately every game?
>>
>>51002086
The entire table is a disgrace.
>>
>>51002603

Melek isn't exact top-shelf in terms of power but it's a cute enough deck.

You could absolutely expect everyone to sling every bit of removal they have at him when he hits the table.
>>
>>51002489
I forgot the name but the three mana enchant that doubles mana and pings when you tap a land, you're going down the big fireballs path right? That could help.
>>
>>51002671
Big Fireballs with a couple backups: token + Craterhoof and Triple Valakut Bomb
>>
>>51002489
Shivan Harvest if you have a token theme
>>
File: 259.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
259.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>51002755
It's pic related is what I was referring to. Play it carefully, only when you're sure you're gonna fire all cannons and it's a blast.
>>
File: Metallic+Mimic.jpg (55KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Metallic+Mimic.jpg
55KB, 223x311px
thoughts on this card? its coming out in aether revolt and i think it should go into literally every tribal deck
>>
>>51002086
honestly you should all be embarrassed by that picture. your play group is actually disgusting
>>
>>51002800
just a slightly different adaptive automaton on the cheap.
>>
>>51002800
its ok
>>
>>51001311
immediately take out a bunch of the 5+ cmc creatures and replace them with shit like spore frog and flesh bag marauder. out of the box meren is playable but all of her shit has a huge mana cost (because your supposed to be recurring stuff) but not a lot of ways to sac shit early

if you really want to make the deck amazing you are going to have to almost completely redo the whole thing aside from the mana base which is pretty good and some of the artifacts
>>
>>51000925
into atraxa it goes
>>
>>51002656
I want to cast crazy spells and shit and I love the flavor of a lot of Izzet cards but I'm not sure if it's worth making the deck if I never get to do anything with him.
>>
>>51002447
Anyone?
>>
>>51002953

yes, you can
>>
>>51002927
Get him at least two boots and some instant-hexproof givers and you're dandy. Make sure you also have ways to ramp, even inst/sorc wise like that ritual that adds R for each opp tapped land or normal rituals like Seething Song.
>>
>>51002800
My shitty goofball Ghave deck is going to absolutely adore this card
>>
>>51003061
Yeah, many of the lists I see include those spells and other ramp cards.
But what do I do if people just try to murder me with minions? Someone in my group plays Iroas and tend to kill people in 1 or 2 turns once he gets around to it
>>
>>51003409
Aetherize, Aetherspouts, Devastation Tide, Cyclonic Rift, Evacuation, Magmaquake depending on the size of the tokens. Illusionist's Gambit is also funny.
>>
>>51003438
So don't I don't really "defend" my board I moreso just board wipe the moment there's any threat?
>>
>>51003465
Most of the cards I posted are meant to be played when an army comes to your direction but you can also use before he tries to attack if it's necessary. I run most of those because my build is centered on Mind's Desire and Epic Experiment.
>>
>>51003482
Mins posting your list?
>>
>>51003531
I'm at work right now but I can type it up tonight if you're still around. Be warned though my list has a lot of jank just because I love some of the cards.
>>
>>51003438
>magmaquake
>against commander that prevents attacking creatures from being damaged
>>
>>51003583
>what is "before you move into attackers step Magmaquake for X" if you feel threatened.
>>
>>51002086
That's horrific. Next time spoiler that shit.
>>
>>51000311
Does that include counters that are only reminders, like manifestation counters?
>>
File: shekel ring.jpg (4MB, 4971x3106px) Image search: [Google]
shekel ring.jpg
4MB, 4971x3106px
What is the most jewish card to ever plague magic?
>>
>>51004699
Sol ring is too cheap. Probably mana crypt, the various expensive counters, and every single ABU dual land.
>>
>>51004699
Black Lotus.
>>
Is Whelming Wave luckier than Wash Out?
>>
File: surrak.jpg (71KB, 281x401px) Image search: [Google]
surrak.jpg
71KB, 281x401px
I would appreciate any feedback I could get on my Surrak Dragonclaw EDH.

>http://decks.deckedbuilder.com/d/264289

I have considered some of the new cards coming out and would like suggestions on those as well.

>Disallow
Replaces Trickbind for sure

>Rishkar’s Expertise
No idea yet.

>Aid from the Cowl
Not entirely sure if it makes the cut, I am not exactly running ways to remove my own permanents, my opponents aren't going to always be doing it either.
>>
File: wooooaaa.jpg (38KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
wooooaaa.jpg
38KB, 223x311px
>>
>>51004968
disappointing
>>
When you draft you end up playing without sleeves?
>>
>>51000925
It looks like a great pauper commander
>>
>>51004968
Not that good, but far from unplayable. Do not use him as a commander, toss him in the 99 of the wrathiest +1/+1 counteriest deck you can find. He's going in ghave personally, but that's just me.
>>
File: c4rd4r7_rPv16hWLgt.jpg (265KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_rPv16hWLgt.jpg
265KB, 750x450px
>>51000925
*coughs audibly*
>>
>>51005004
This guy is amazing in endreks 99

I'm getting a foil
>>
>>51005020
True that, I always forget to check the uncommons spoiler for Pauper EDH
>>
>>51005051
Huh I thought it was a guy
>>
File: deckbloxes.jpg (258KB, 949x1200px) Image search: [Google]
deckbloxes.jpg
258KB, 949x1200px
Hey guys, like two months ago I posted here about my idea of building a deckbox for my Golgari playing friend. Well, I got finished with that project a few days ago. I also built a Gruul themed box for myself.

Here's a picture of the boxes in case you guys are interested
>>
>>51005158

u fukken wot
>>
>>51004968
Decent replacement for Bloodflow Connoisseur in sac decks
>>
>>51005165

Those look good as hell
>>
>>51003563
Forgot to ask, can Melek work at all 1 v 1 or is he only functional when it's multiplayer?
>>
>>51005051
Who cares about experienced counters with meren though? it takes like 3 turns to get those counters up to the point where it doesn't even matter anymore
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (36KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
36KB, 360x500px
Can anyone give me feedback on my Ghave deck?

>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/forage-through-the-fungus/

This is the first "combo" deck I've ever built, so the whole experience is a little alien to me. I can't quite wrap my head around how all the combo pieces are so fragile on their own, but so gamebreaking together. There are so many things I want to include, but there are so few deck spaces, and I'm trying not to just mash out an aggro list then call it a day. Notably, Vorinclex, Necropotence, Parallel Lives, Elesh Norn, Suture Priest/Soul Ascendant, and all the black reanimator are absent. I also don't have a Doubling Season for budget reasons, and I can't find a geralf's messanger.

What I really need is to cut some of the 5 drops, but I just love those hydras in magical christmasland...
>>
>>51005165
Pretty nice.
Any views of the insides/something with better resolution?
>>
File: kalitas_traitor_of_ghet.jpg (37KB, 251x356px) Image search: [Google]
kalitas_traitor_of_ghet.jpg
37KB, 251x356px
>>51004968
Synergy?
>>
>>51005278
Sadly no, Kalitas is a replacement, says exile instead.
>>
File: 20170103_182151.jpg (120KB, 786x600px) Image search: [Google]
20170103_182151.jpg
120KB, 786x600px
>>51005227
Sadly the only camera I have is my shitty phone camera, so the pictures are kinda crap. But here's a picture of the insides anyway. It's a bit messy on the inside, but hey, at least that way you'll know it's handmade
>>
>>51005283
Argh, damn, that's a dissapointment
>>51005165
Jelly
>>
>>51004968
I like him a lot. The free sac outlet is the best part and he can also function as a finisher post Damnation.
>>
>>51005165
How much
>>
>>51005165
Hey anon, these are pretty neat.
I would buy them.
Good job!
>>
>>50994869
Any secret techs in Meren?

My friends hate me off the board now because my deck outpaces everyone, and I need something spicy to really fuck them (Thinking contamination)
>>
>>51005178
I thought it was some goth dude I never held the card
>>
>>50994869
Do you play spin the bottle with ruhan?
>>
>>51005051
You are now aware that Meren is the only Commander whos experience counters don't scale infinitely.
>useless knowledge
>>
>>51005202
You need a lot of artifact mana to make him fast enough for 1v1, or else you're gonna get smashed before you sling your first spells.
>>
>>51005472
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>51005472
How don't they?
>>
>>51005438
when your deck makes you the archenemy every game, that's a sign that you're powering past your group. that means you should be playing weaker stuff, not stronger stuff. i'm not saying you have to make your deck weaker (although that's an option, try a different commander for example), but you should make a weaker deck or two to have better games in your group.

once your group eventually gits gud, you can start playing meren again and you won't get hated off. cool huh?
>>
File: aetherwindbasker.jpg (50KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
aetherwindbasker.jpg
50KB, 265x370px
MAKE WAY FOR THE NEW KING OF ENERGY
>>
>>51005688
Creatures have a maximum CMC to be returned to play. All the other experience counter commanders will still do more with an infinite amount of experience.
>>
>>51005803
I hope they print a good energy commander in any combination of U/G/R
>>
>>51005165
Those boxes are sexy. Good work deckbox anon.
>>
File: rikuoftworeflections.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
rikuoftworeflections.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>51005840
Riku is probably the best you've got at the moment, given that he can just copy all of your energy outlets. But I agree, a dedicated Temur Energy Commander would be awesome.
>>
>>51002447
Yes. That is why it only grabs instants.
>>
>>51005438
Yeah, don't play Meren
>>
>>51005800
It's more so they team up to get me because one of them is actually good and meren is counter to his strat, and the other is a shitter who keeps trying to go infinite but everyone wrecks him.

Then there's the one dude who plays pillow fort.
Mostly, it is a case of the Git Guds they have to get, but I really want to hose them for always picking on me to die first.
>>
>>51005976
Nevermind, Misread your post
>>
>>51005976
Once you get past 16, extra counters do not accomplish any more than having 16.

Daxos creates bigger creatures, Mizzix casts bigger spells, Ezuri puts more counters on a creature and Kalemne gets bigger. Meren can one ever return a Draco at its best.
>>
Hey guys what commander should I look at for a Mono white Enchantment theme deck?
>>
>>51006066
Heliod of course is an easy one, but what else?
>>
>>50995768
Gonti is probably the coolest monoblack commander
>>
>>51006066
See >>50995119
>>
>>50997395
how did you keep it?
>>
>>51005967
I'm not about to drop money like that <3
>>
>>51005290
>but hey, at least that way you'll know it's handmade
>but hey, at least I didnt have to do as much work

Whatever you gotta tell yourself, anon.
>>
>>51006198
You could Play Mazirek or Jarad
>>
>>51005165
Would pay big dollars/10
>>
>>51006441
It's not as fun as Meren
>>
>>51005290
I love the outside, the inside looks sketchy. I feel like they wouldn't come out easy

Reminds me of a card coffin
>>
>>51000836
Well it is the poo plane
>>
>>50997847
I only needed the inf creatures, but hell yes that's how it works. I sat there for 20 minutes trying to figure out if that worked or not.
>>
File: deckblox1.jpg (789KB, 2555x1781px) Image search: [Google]
deckblox1.jpg
789KB, 2555x1781px
>>51005290
>I feel like they wouldn't come out easy

I assume you're thinking they're there face-up, but I've actually designed them so that the cards sit sideways so it's easy to get them out

The inside is messy because I couldn't think of a good way to handle it. I guess I could take the time to coat it with a thin cloth or something, but I kinda like the feeling of naked wood so I haven't put any in my own box. My friend's box is waxed on the inside.

This was a bit of a training project anyway. If I ever get around to making more of these, then hopefully I'll do a better job with them

>blue sleeves in a gruul deck

I know dudes, I'm buying red sleeves as soon as my LGS starts stocking them
>>
>>51006738
I actually don't like my sleeves to match the color identity of my deck directly. For me Bant is Orange (first sleeves i ever bought for a modern masters draft), Esper Turquoise, and Queen Marchesa is purple to represent royalty.
>>
>>51006738
>>51006823
Oh, you have no idea:

>Brago is in green, for completely unknown reasons
>Uril is in black
>Ghave is in red
>Jori-En has Newlamog sleeves
>Lazav has white sleeves
>>
So my two friends are ready to give EDH a shot after a few years of playing standard.

They only want to start for ~$50 which I told them would be the minimal for something fun. I have decks around that range, maybe a bit higher, that I could use to play with them.

They choose Gruul and mono black and asked for advice on what to build.

Currently Ruric Thar and Erebos are the choices.

Will those be good beginner choices?
>>
>>51006823
>I actually don't like my sleeves to match the color identity

REEEEEEEEEE

>Hanna in Light Blue
>Ezuri CoP in Apple Green
>Memnarch in Blue

But

>Jhoira in Yellow
>Talarand in Black (this is the worst)
>Lazav in Copper
>>
>>51005564

You hit the high end of creature cmc, and ex. counters become irrelevant. There is zero diffrence between having 20 counters and having 30 counters with Meren, which is not the case with the other 4.
>>
>>51006928
I don't know about Ruric Thar, he's one of those commanders that makes playing politics difficult. I would go with Omnath or Atarka.
>>
>>51006968
Different anon here, I only use Ivory matte dragon shields because they're aesthetic as fuck and the off-white frames the card nicely. Even white border looks gorgeous in those suckers.
>>
>>51006823
My mimeoplasm deck is in a disgusting raincoat yellow box with canary yellow sleeves
>>
>>51007185
>Ivory matte dragon shields

Patrician taste my friend, these are my FAVORITE
>>
>tfw every deck I currently play has red in it
>tfw almost every deck I have built has had red in it
I have a problem
>>
>>51006928
Neither of those are good beginner choices.

Tell me, what colours do they like to play? Any particular style they enjoy? The key part here is making sure YOUR decks are at an appropriate powerlevel, while also making sure they have a solid introduction to the format with something both mechanically simple and budget conscience.
>>
>>51006928
Xenagod would be a better Gruul choice for someone new to EDH
>>
>>51006928
Some guy on Reddit did a bunch of decent budget decks (<$20), so you should probably take a look at those.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EDH/comments/5ctflo/i_made_15_20_budget_deck_lists/?st=ixhyf7j8&sh=0510fb3f
>>
>>51000376
>It just pisses me off when people come around here swinging their e-peen with nothing to back it up

Like you are right now, faggot?
>>
>>51002086
sick mat bro, I got that one too
>>
I'm gonna force myself to be really timmy for my creature deck. I'll probably even have fun doing so.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tanaravos-timmyshit/
I'm trying to avoid most of the really obvious goodstuff creatures, I think it's gonna be ok.
>>
>>51007648
Don't encourage late night shitposting in the daytime.
>>
>>51006928
monoblack can build a pretty damn good reanimator for cheap. consider something like chainer.

i'd go for xenagos in gruul. he was my first commander.

although the problem with xenagos is that he's very straightforward and can't into politics. a xenagos deck just smashes one player really hard at a time outside some very specific cards (chandra's ignition etc) so it's hard to not be a dick while playing him. i've actually taken some of my spot removal out of my xenagos deck because i've found that it's usually easier to just kill the player controlling the troublesome permanent rather than the permanent itself
>>
comment, rate, or hate my Anowon vampire tribal

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bloodfest-2/
>>
>>51007715
oh by the way, the most fun monoblack commander is gonti. he's not super powerful, but his gimmick is funny.
>>
>>51007715
What about Endrek Sahr for budget monoblack? Gravepact and Contamination are kind of expensive but otherwise?
>>
File: 1483439620146.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
1483439620146.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>51007438
A decent Iroas deck is really cheap to build too now that Iroas himself was reprinted. I
built a pretty good one for about $25.
He can make cards that are normally not very useful good, like Cyclops Gladiator or pic related. He's basically secret tech, the deck.
>>
>>51007715
I really want to try Chainer. I don't have a mono-black deck and I would love to fuck with my friend's Meren deck.
>>
>>51007343
>what colours do they like to play?

One like Green and Red the other likes Black and Blue

>Any particular style they enjoy?

The GR player like big creatures and dealing big damage in general.

The UB player likes removal and control until he can play worthwhile creatures, demons especially.

They will be facing each other mostly, they are room mates, I will play with them when I can and hopefully their schedules will sync up with the rest of the playgroups soon.
>>
File: zedr.png (251KB, 791x698px) Image search: [Google]
zedr.png
251KB, 791x698px
Any ideas on how to improve my Zedruu deck without cards above $4? There are a lot of loose ends to be tied and I need better wincons.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/zedruus-trash-can/
>>
>>51007739
i owned endrek sahr originally. he's cheap to build yes, but he's also pretty damn weak outside stax. i tried to build him without stax and he ended up being so shit that i took him apart. stax is usually not very fun to play against so it's better not to introduce it to your group if you possibly can.

anyway i used the parts from my endrek sahr deck to build a kokusho deck, and that deck turned out to be so powerful that it became oppressive and uninteractive, so now i'm taking the deck apart AGAIN to build something else. i'm thinking of building geth or maybe even that new aetherborn vampire right now
>>
>>51007819
Stax could be fun if your playgroup can adapt to it. I'd imagine something Static Orb can introduce plenty of nice politics to a match.
>>
>>51007805
go for it dude. the cheap version of the monoblack "shell" of staples costs about 40 dollars. then just put in a few cards that synergize with chainer, like swifties and stuff, and you're basically done.

adding necropotence, grave pact, gauntlet of power and cabal coffers adds about another 40 dollars on top if you want to start optimizing
>>
>>51007732
this, it's definitely a fun ability, taking someone's card and them not knowing, it could be a wincon, or just a mana rock

if you get really ambitious you can even intentionally kill and recast/recur him to take more of your opponent's cards
>>
File: mechanizedproduction.jpg (51KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
mechanizedproduction.jpg
51KB, 265x370px
[mechanical laughter]
>>
>>51007931
>mass producing platinum angels
>>
File: Waifu.png (137KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu.png
137KB, 223x311px
>>50994869
this was my original commander in a weird samurai tribal people at my store loved the gimmick but i ended up dropping the tribal and have tuned it more for etb abuse especially with panharmonicon floating around
>>
>>51007931
>cast this
>Mycosynth Lattice
>any artifact token creator
>any artifact token creating ETB creature + flicker
>literally any other way to put 8 shitty artifacts on the table
>instant win, not even upkeep

nice la
>>
File: myr battlesphere.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
myr battlesphere.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>51007931
[mechanical laughter intensifies]
>>
>>51007962
It is part of the upkeep trigger. You need 8 artifacts with the same name at the beginning of your upkeep and during resolution of the trigger.
>>
>>51007813
I'd build Lazav and Xenagos, to be honest. Based on what you're describing, I know you can throw those decks together dirt cheap and just about anything will work in them. What I'd do is suggest the Lazav deck to have a removal and clone focus with emphasis on manafixing rocks, while Xenagos has a basic land ramp and indestructible subtheme, but only gets draw power late game. That way you can mash all the cheap staples into both, and they should be fairly competitive against each other.

Meren is also a nice middle ground between both styles of deck. She can be built as a ruthless control deck that facilitates all of UB guy's demons, but she's also a good stuff value commander that lets you stack up really big numbers very quickly.

If two colour decks seem like they'd be pricey, I suggest Volrath reanimator for the guy who likes demons, because you get to play all the big black nonsense on the cheap, and Happy omnath mana ramp for the gruul guy. I know for a fact you can build both of those decks really cheap, but whether or not you have access to old jank uncommons is a different story.
>>
File: loe.png (574KB, 538x750px) Image search: [Google]
loe.png
574KB, 538x750px
>>50998102
sigh
>>
>>51008000
oh oops, i didn't acknowledge the "Then," part. i guess it's not as stupid as i thought. i like it a lot more now. alternate wincons are hilarious in edh
>>
File: 71.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
71.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
I'm brand new to the format; my friends got me into EDH and I was planning on making a Ghave deck but when I saw the 2016 precons, I fell for Atraxa. I tried putting some other neat counter cards into it but then I stumbled upon spore counters, thought of proliferating them, and my desire for a saproling swarm deck instantly reoccurred. As far as how good the deck has been so far, it's just the precon with like seven different cards but could I get some feedback as to whether or not Atraxa would be a good general for this idea before I make such a large investment? (I still get access to Ghave but I feel like I might be fitting too much into one deck...)
>>
>>51008016
Cute :)
>>
>>51001303
Plenty of other ways to do damage
>>
>>51007931
>Mycosynth Lattice
>Play this on anything who cares
>Play a Phyrexian Metamorph as a copy of this card and enchant it.
>every upkeep get a copy of the enchantment to put on anything else, or itself again to compound the effect for an easy win.

mite b cool
>>
>>51008032
yes Atraxa would be good
it's very good in general, but will also likely draw much more attention to you than Ghave
Atraxa does net you access to blue, which alongside green is arguably the best color in EDH
>>
>play commander
>darksteel mutation LOL
>>
>>51008238
Ever heard of a sac outlet? Song of the Dryads in the one you have to look out for in B/R.
>>
So I woke up with the craziest yet most excitable idea I've had yet.

I want to make a Gay Kings deck that functions just like it would normally function but with a Legendary-Tribal subtheme. I'd put in cards like Sidar Kondo, Ludevic, Edric, Gahiji, Zedruu, Ruhan, Darien, Gisela, Gwafa Hazid, Basandra, etcetcetc and play the """"""group-hug"""""" game and finish off with haymaker cards.

I also want to incorporate combos using specific legendary creatures in Null-Black. So far all I can think of are Heartless + Gisela and Elesh Norn + Kamahl (though the latter is way too mana intensive and Norn kind of defeats the purpose of the deck).

What other Legend + Legend interactions are there?
>>
Who is your least favorite commander to play against?

For me it's Memnarch.

>I cast Mycosynth Lattice and Unwinding Clock
>Lol I guess I just pass and then steal 2/3 of your board at instant speed XD
>>
>>51008289
brago
>time to bounce all ur lands back to your hand LOL
>>
>>51008289
Meren...
>>
>>51008289
For me the worst was a Oloro prison Deck. Just played goodstuff and prison until he always tutored the Felida or the aether Tower.
>>
>>51008289
Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
>End of your turn, Teferi
>Pass
>Counter
>Counter
>Counter
>Pass
>End of turn, Consecrated Sphinx
10 turns later
>...Counter
>Counter
>Walk the Aeons Buyback
>No you can't. Teferi's out.
>Walk the Aeons
>>
>>51008289
Daxos of Meletis
>Oh, what's that? My commander comes out t2 or t3 every game, and the rest of my deck is counterspells just to fuck with your day?
>>
>>51008032
Type in spore counter and fungus in advanced gatherer to find the rest. Since you're doing saprolings, finding ways to increase the number of tokens.
>>
>>51008289
zur is my least favorite. But, I've actually found yidris to be annoying, just because the person in our groups who plays him has us discarding our hand every turn. It's just kind of irritating
>>
>>51007931
>thopter
ok
>>
>>51008238
Luckily I'm running enchaments so I just beef that indestructible sucker further :^)
>>
What is the saltiest you've ever seen someone get at edh?
>>
>>51008327
For the life of me, I cannot understand why people bitch so much about reanimator. It's the easiest strategy to counter considering there's grave hate out the dick.

>>51008289
RG Omnath.
>Leaving me alone a bit too long? I'll cast Boundless Realms with Ashnods Altar in play and win on the spot.
>Trying to deal with me? Soulfire.
>Its totally not overkill that I run Purph, Impact Tremors AND Warstorm Surge.
>>
File: bih.jpg (53KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
bih.jpg
53KB, 1024x768px
>>51008798
guys girlfriend was playing the kaalia deck he made for her
he was basically telling her what to do and was getting mad when she wasn't doing the optimal thing (he was piloting his own deck in the same game)
she kills him just because and ends up losing to me at the end
she leaves and it's the last time I see her because they break up
>>
>>51005165
how did you make them and what wood did you use? As a woodworking(?)not sure what the words are in English) student I'm intrigued. Also they look great.
>>
>>51008854
Holy fuck, there's a guy at this shop I go to and every few weeks he brings a different girl to play magic. He rule sharks the shit out of them even though they're new (and it's fucking edh) and they end up breaking up by the end of the night without fail. Every time.
>>
>>51006738
do the sides scrape the cards in any way?
>>
>>51008384
>When all my friends recently got really into commander, and one friend didn't like playing Ydris and everyone only spend roughly 50 bucks on their deck, he goes out and spends 300 dollars on Oloro Prison

Sweet fuck am I not looking forward to this weekend.
>>
I need a new deck. Narset is just unfun.

I might go back to Surrak, Dragonclaw for the time being. I'm still trying to get staples for the format. Idk, I like to play it a lot. But I feel I either need to be degenerate or I don't do anything.
>>
>>51008829
Meren gets a lot of hate because no matter how you look at it, she is the best Experience based Commander, by far.
>>
>>51007931
>>51007931
I'm grinning like an idiot thinking about the absurd shenanigans this card will get me into. Absolutely fucking magnificent.
>>
>>51009058
On top of being in strong colors for the shit she pulls.
I play her for fun, but she really is leagues better than most commanders.
>>
>>51000972

>Niv-Miz

I used to play him too. I just converted him into a Mizzix deck I got for Christmas, haven't played it yet though. My Niv-Miz was probably more good stuff though, with one combo win (Molten Psyche + Reiterate with lots of rocks to get the bonus).
>>
>>51008958
i used pine. i made 4 sides and a bottom and a lid and then glued those parts together. the slanted edges were done with a belt sander. then the box was cut in half with a circular saw to form the two halves.

then i stained the box with a water-based stain and used a self-made stencil to paint the symbol on top with acrylic paint, then applied a fuckton of acrylic spray lacquer (since i kept messing up the finish in some way, shitty spray can i suppose). then i just added the latch and the hinges as the last thing. i'm basically learning this stuff as i'm going along, and my old man is helping me out a lot so you probably know a lot more about woodworking than i do.

>>51009019
the sides are sanded pine, and the box is fairly tightly fit for the cards, so they don't move much. they can't really scratch the cards/sleeves any more than an old wooden table would. i don't think i would keep my cards unsleeved in them though, because why would you
>>
File: Far_Wanderings.jpg (35KB, 300x239px) Image search: [Google]
Far_Wanderings.jpg
35KB, 300x239px
>>51008016
I just don't understand how that thing is $14
No evasion, no removal, and not even in mill colors.
>>
File: 1482371569050.jpg (3KB, 86x125px) Image search: [Google]
1482371569050.jpg
3KB, 86x125px
>>51007931
>Darksteel Relic
>>
>>51009284
YOU MADMAN!
>>
>>51009263
What? Here in Germany you can order one from mcm for 7€, and I recently traded one for cards worth around 5-6€
>>
>>51009232
>then applied a fuckton of acrylic spray lacquer

i forgot to mention that i did a lot of wet sanding between the coats as well. i sanded out the grain pattern in the lacquered wood entirely in the process. for the final coats after wet sanding, i kept adding thin coats until the surface began to look wet (not too much, or it will create runs). that's basically how i got the plasticky finish.
>>
>>51009263
Mythic Rare

Small Set

Set before RTR and ZEN (sets with big changes in print runs and playerbase size).

Counts all cards in all graveyards unlike Wight of Precinct Six and Consuming Aberration so its got more power in 1v1.

Does fit in Sultai self mill and BG reanimator decks.

Sweet name.

All those combined means it is a higher priced mythic than it would be if it was printed today.
>>
>>51009373
And why is this big guy that expensive? He doesnt seems to See much play in edh as a commander or in the 99, or in any other format. Is it just the collectors and fans of new phyrexia?
>>
Are basic lands considered competitive and ill-fitting for casual tables?

>cost 0 mana to play
>give mana, sometimes even colored mana
>some of the best ramp cards you can put into a deck
>hard to destroy, non-basic land destruction doesn't hit them, nor does cyclonic rift
>auto-include for many archetypes, many people put over 20 of these in their decks
>>
File: feature142_g.png (361KB, 620x565px) Image search: [Google]
feature142_g.png
361KB, 620x565px
>>51009557
Forgot pic
>>
>>51009568
Fucking Wotc, only putting 1 of them in every Booster, when you need around 30 for your edh Decks.

Probably to dont hurt the (((collectors))).
>>
>>51009557
Hes Alara Reborn. Its a much lower print run in a small set when there were less players. Hes also the only card I believe that counts every card in every graveyard. He is also interesting in Varolz where you can scavenge him for a huge amount of counters.

The player base has increased incredibly since Zendikar and a mythic rare that old means there are so many more players that would want to acquire him for their kitchen table/casual/EDH decks.
>>
>>51009625
Anon, I am sorry to tell you..
>>
>>51009651
Tell what?
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>51009682
I was talking about Vorinclex.
>>
Any price wizards in this thread?
I just found a Atraxa deck at a Wal-Mart in bumfuck nowhere missouri for $40. Should I grab it or will we see reprints of this deck because it is so popular?
>>
>>51000925

Now if only there was some way to force someone to have this against an infect deck...
>>
>>51009977
Woah, just looked on mcm and this shit ist really around 40€. Meanwhile groupfug is around 12. What makes atraxa so expensive?
>>
>>51010043
Atraxa herself and Deepglow skate being a one off doubling season and that card has reached $60+
>>
>>51010043
atraxa makes atraxa expensive
>>
>>51010110
>>51010112
>got the deck
>it's basically a fully formed ghave deck, complete with ghave, scavanging ooze, cathar's crusade, mana fixing, shenanigans activators like corpsejack menance and motherfucking kalonian hydra
Wizards knew what they were doing. I was brewing that deck for a long ass time, and they literally threw it in a box.
>>
>>51010043
>>51010110
>>51010112
Jesus, I bought atraxa for 22€.
>>
>>51009977
35.99 here
>>
>>51010175
I got one for christmas.
>>
>>51009616
I think that 27 is enough. Sadly, when I made my Anowon deck, I had to buy 3 booster boxes to get enough swamps because I had a bad luck getting them.
>>
>>51010263
isn't cheaper to buy a land station?
>>
File: Dark_Ritual.png (115KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Ritual.png
115KB, 223x311px
>>51010263
Make sure you run pic related to ramp. It'll give you that competitive edge.
>>
>>51010338
>Buying a land station in 2017
>>
>>51007931
[mechanical slaughter]
>>
Does anyone ever not cast their commander?
>>
>>51010889
Oloro
>>
New thread
>>51010930
>>
>>51010889

Depends on the deck for sure, some decks rely on their commander, or their commander is like very cheap and there's no real downside to casting it

In my captain sisay deck I often skip casting her because I'm just drawing GW goodstuff and I have no need to cast a 4 mana spell that gives me no value unless it survives around the table
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/teysa-memedeck/
How's this for an under $100 build of Teysa?

Local meta is largely unknown. The friend who got me into EDH plays very high-tier, well built decks though. I wanted to at least play something that could have a fighting chance against decks like Prossh, Muzzio, and a very, very, pimped out Riku deck.
>>
>>51007795
Mind posting your Iroas list?
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.