[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 418
Thread images: 51

File: 40k general lee.jpg (323KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
40k general lee.jpg
323KB, 1200x900px
Ordo Xeno is the best Ordo edition

Previous thread
>>50973421

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>As current as the FAQs get
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Insert Eldar memes here):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
First for Zoats.
>>
File: 1483282582830.jpg (42KB, 495x516px) Image search: [Google]
1483282582830.jpg
42KB, 495x516px
Threadly reminder than 8th will only be "rules tweaks"

enjoy the next 3 years of clusterfuck
>>
File: Imperial Agents - 1850pts.jpg (324KB, 900x1458px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Agents - 1850pts.jpg
324KB, 900x1458px
Going to be up against 1850pts of Death Guard this week. How do I look?
>>
Nth for Sisters of Cattle
>>
>>50980774
More Wyverns, less HWTs. You need to force assloads of saves.
>>
>>50980796
>Sisters of Cattle
I might have a doujin, just for you...
>>
File: 1460263713439.jpg (612KB, 1600x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1460263713439.jpg
612KB, 1600x1131px
Alright I've narrowed it down.

Should I read the Badab War series or Shield of Baal stuff?
>>
File: Black Crusade (6th ED Map).png (2MB, 1819x905px) Image search: [Google]
Black Crusade (6th ED Map).png
2MB, 1819x905px
>according to rumors
>Cadia legit falls

You guys have any idea how fucked the Imperium is?

In the "Eye of Terror" campaign, the Cadian Gate was breached and Cadia was raped by a foothold of Chaos on it. Cadia was isolated and was only saved when the Imperial fleet took control of the system travel lanes which prevented Chaos reinforcements from overwhelming Cadia. And the text said that traitors were flowing through the breach to invade Segmentum and the wider Imperium. Nothing stopping them now. It was said that Cadia was the only hope left for mankind. If it falls, all hope is lost and Abaddon will truly be unstoppable.

Now Cadia in the new fluff has fallen (assuming the rumors are correct). The Imperium is finished. How does /tg/ think about that?

Another important question. Where the heck is CREED in all of this? He is mysterious absent from the whole Cadian affair.
>>
Ultramarines supplement when?
>>
>>50980914
Do you like Necrons and Tyranids with marines thrown in the middle of them, or do you like a marine vs marine slugfest?
>>
>>50980919
I still think GW is going to stop the clock with Chaos swarming the Imperium and Abaddon on the way to Terra but not there yet as the Imperium sets up defenses to stop his advance.
>>
>>50980919

Creed will probably be briefed on the existence of the Webway at which point the combined might of Admech+Custodes+Inquisition+SoB+Black Templars+Eldar+Dark Eldar+Harlequins(+Farsight?) will make magical bullshit happen throughout the End Times.
>>
How to covert inquisitorial henchmen that don't look like hobos or cadians?
>>
>>50980717
Wait what?
>>
>>50980967

use Kingdom Death figures?
>>
>>50980984
>suggesting miniatures that you can't safely post on a christian image board
>>
What do you hope to see from the story progression?

What primarchs do you think are coming back?
>>
>>50981022
Angron, he had rules in the original Apocalypse so its very likely he'll get a model sooner than later.

I hope for Dorn to get a model too but Im not holding my breath.
>>
>>50981022
Girlyman is dead
Ferrus is dead
According to the Changeling message to the woofs, Russ is dead
Khan is MIA
Vulkan might be MIA or died fighting the Beast
"Literally who" is MIA
Lion is sleeping on the Rock and will be awakened when the time is right

Only the Lion is a sure bet.
>>
>>50981022

>Celestine's visions guide Black Templars into the Webway
>Admech guides Custodes into the Webway
>Dark Eldar consorting with Imperium in the Webway
>Harlequins monitoring everyone in the Webway
>Farsight likely to be guided by his demonic sword into the Webway

Either the biggest car pileup in galactic history is about to occur or the biggest team up since the Avengers.
>>
>>50981053

If Dark Eldar tech can fix the Golden Throne, it can enhance Guilliman's stasis tomb and complete his regeneration.
>>
>>50981101
why would they do that though?
>>
File: WP_20170101_18_01_19_Rich.jpg (4MB, 5296x2976px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170101_18_01_19_Rich.jpg
4MB, 5296x2976px
Played a pretty fun game against Death Guard thread. It was a 2000 Pt Guard vs Guard matchup. Any game pics you guys have to share as well?
I love seeing what everyone else is up to.
>>
>>50981053
What about my main man corvax?
>>
>>50981134

For the same reasons they would help fix the Golden Throne - because they will need to call in favors once their door breaks open.
>>
>>50981142
is that drunk guardsmen in every pic? kek
>>
>>50981022
I want to see the black crusade succeed, but having be more successful than anticipated. Such destruction ushers in the warp to flow through the eye and consume the galaxy, and the energies throughout create a new god - The Emperor.

With the galaxy consumed by the immaterium, the Emperor creates eight bubbles of realspace within the immaterium - each the size of a planet.

The emperor will use the energies of the warp to forge new bodies for the fiercest and most faithful of warriors. They fight in new wars, with new alliances and factions. The factions roughly divide into the following: Imperium, Chaos, Destructive Xenos (orks, nids), Deadly Xenos (Tau, Necrons, Eldar)
>>
>>50981156
I'd rather fight Chaos drunk than sober too anon.
Then I won't be shy in case of sexy Daemonettes
>>
>>50981050
I don't think GW can resist sculpting Rogal Dorn with a huge prosthetic power fist.

>>50981053
>Girlyman is dead
Mostly dead and getting better.
>Ferrus is dead
Definately
>According to the Changeling message to the woofs, Russ is dead
>I wouldn't believe a daemon of Tzeentch
>Khan is MIA
Supposedly a gladiator in the arenas of Commorragh.
>Vulkan might be MIA or died fighting the Beast
Vulkan Lives
>"Literally who" is MIA
Nevermore.
>Lion is sleeping on the Rock and will be awakened when the time is right
I could see Sleeping Beauty, Rowboat, Vulkan, and Dorn making an appearance. I thought Russ would've shown but I think that ship sailed with War Zone Fenris.
>>
>>50981077
>Celestine's visions guide Black Templars into the Webway

Where did you get that from?
>>
>>50981181

But Dorn would be missing a hand, and his favorite weapon was his trusty chainsword. If anything, he would be like Space Marine Guts wielding a fuckhuge eviscerator won from a duel with a Greater Daemon of Khorne.
>>
>>50981143

Corvax? Who that?
>>
Sup tg,
So I got a Death Company Strike Force box set -- three DC squads, one jump Chaplain, one Dread -- for Christmas (Sanguilana?) and while the models look kickass, I'm at a loss for how to paint and field them because I play Dark Angels

What's my best option here? Straight-up Blood Angels allies? Mix Dark and Blood bits and go counts-as? Something else I'm not thinking of?

inb4 "what kind of Dark Angels?" Mostly Greenwing with Ravenwing, and a spattering of DW that could form two squads if I used my best models
>>
>>50981219

Turn the DC into sternguard or just sell it.
>>
File: 20161219_115653.jpg (6MB, 3024x2749px) Image search: [Google]
20161219_115653.jpg
6MB, 3024x2749px
>>50981142
This was from about 2 weeks ago at my local gdubbs.
I ran 100 cons because why the fuck not???

That and I wanted to give my friend a win with his new models. I wasnt up for throwing my best in there.

He ran dark angels with their special terminators and bikes.

Also, all models are wip.
>>
>>50981053

Vulkan LIVES.

>>50981143

Birdman fucked off. He'll have to come home to roost, though.

>>50981181

Iron Man can conceivably come back. Snakeboy keeps cloning him to try and convince him that chaos wasn't a mistake, but Iron Man never agrees because the lower half of Fulgrim's body is a snake's, so Fulgrim kills him and repeats the process.

I bet someone's going to manage to corner Russ so they can check his tags and contact the Space Wolves so they pick him up at the shelter.
>>
>>50981219
>dark angel upgrade bits with a death company kit
madness... but also awesome

death company have relentless, so bolters on them are actually pretty good. Gives them more range and on the charge trades one s5 ap- attack that probably hits on a 4+ for two s4 ap5 attacks that hit on a 3+
>>
>>50981271
Can vulkan even die?
>>
>>50981022
Kroot openly rebel against the Tau Empire, sabotaging key military targets and plunging the fishheads into civil war with their alien underlings. During the war, the kroot highjack large amounts of tau tech, and their shapers begin seeking out and devouring every ethereal they can get their hands on, giving them the pheromone control that keeps the various castes in line. Vespid leader command helmets are disabled, and the bugs go apeshit once they find out what happened.

Somewhere in all the chaos, they finally reveal what's really being worked on in that secret mountain-based production facility on Pech that's been hinted at in previous codices. It turns out to be reverse-engineered exterminatus-capable warspheres.

Necrons arrive to provide assistance to the kroot, having helped to engineer the coup. It's revealed that the tau are in fact a bio-engineered race created by the eldar, utilizing preserved necrontyr DNA.
>>
>>50981302
i would play a kroot mini faction.
>>
>>50981300

Yes, Vulkan can die. He does so a lot, apparently.

He gets better, though.
>>
>>50981318
There is an old semi-legit dex for them
>>
>>50981271
>Snakeboy keeps cloning him to try and convince him that chaos wasn't a mistake,

Not anymore. Fabius blew up his lab on Terra in disgust and regret over what his legion and traitor legions have become. This is one of the reasons why Fulgrim is mad at Fabius.

And Any genetic material of the primarchs was lost with Canticle City being wrecked by Khayon at the behest of Abaddon.
>>
File: Fabulous Bile.jpg (373KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fabulous Bile.jpg
373KB, 800x600px
>>50981329
>>
>>50981329
>Its a BL-fag joins a fluff discussion episode
Shame.
>>
>>50981325
I really wish they'd update it for a newer edition. It wasn't competitive but was fun as hell.
>>
>>50981352
>uses BL fluff
>get mad when other folks use BL fluff to ruin his headcanon

Alright, show me where it's said that Fabius was cloning Ferrus for the amusement of Fulgrim in the old IA. I'll wait.
>>
Is synapse a good or a bad thing? Its fluffy as hell but it seems that it forces tax synapse units for an army.
>>
File: WP_20170101_17_40_07_Rich.jpg (4MB, 5296x2976px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170101_17_40_07_Rich.jpg
4MB, 5296x2976px
Hey thread I have a question for you all. How are you supposed to use Demolishers?
I have a squadron of them I use for vehicle killing and for the odd time I get the Guard warlord trait that let's you outflank like in pic related.
But they always seem to die before they can make their points back. Is there a strategy for using them?
>>
>>50981453
Its a good thing though it could be improved, like Hive Tyrants/Swarmlord synapse giving EW and removing the "kill each other" instinctive behaviour and replace it with just falling back or pinned.
>>
File: IMG_20161017_063316.jpg (73KB, 684x449px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161017_063316.jpg
73KB, 684x449px
QUESTION:

I've seen announced that GW plans on selling a reedited version of og Rogue Trader starting today I think. Can anybody give me more info about this including where I could get my hands on it?
Thanks.
>>
>>50981209
primarch of the best legion, raven guard. he didnt die, he left to go hunting in the eye of terror i think
>>
>>50981453
Since you were probably taking Flyrants and Tervigons anyway, it's not really a tax issue from what I've seen
>>
hey friendlies, those marines that come in that set with the drop pods that are released on the 7th, will jetpacks fit on those? im assuming that he assault marines and tactical marines are the same, just with different weapons and backpacks on the sprues?
>>
>>50981497
i actually dont like Flyrants
>>
>>50981513
It won't look good. The torsos for assault marines are different; they have straps for the jump pack.
>>
>>50981453
Right now? It's basically a punishment you don't really get anything of note in return for. If the troops were cheaper, or the synapse actually did more than just fearless it would be great. But the major issue is that instinctive behavior is just too punishing for what you get.

4th edition synapse was right around what it needed to be, warriors with EW were actually pretty awesome.
>>
Green Tide:
The sheer weight and strength of an ork horde's initial charge has been known to break the spirit's and bodies of armies.

>If a unit consisting entirely of models with 'Ere we go charges, they gain the Hammer of Wrath Special rule.
>In addition, hammer of wrath attacks benefit from the +1 strength given by furious charge, a unit equipped with 'eavy armour ads +1 strength to their Hammer of Wrath attacks, and a unit with a warboss ads +1 strength to their hammer of wrath attacks
>all models within 2 inches of a model in base contact with the green tide rule may conduct a hammer of wrath attack.

Would basically attacking twice at S5 help orks at all?
>>
>>50981529
ah, i see that now, thanks
>>
>>50981053
>Girlyman is dead
Panacea STC
>Ferrus is dead
Stand form
>According to the Changeling message to the woofs, Russ is dead
>Believing a demon of Tzeench
>ever
What's wrong with you?
>Khan is MIA
Webway is worst than any labyrinth ever conceived
>Vulkan might be MIA or died fighting the Beast
>Vulkan
>dying
VULKAN LIVES!!!
>"Literally who" is MIA
he's writing emo poems somewhere dark and hidden
>Lion is sleeping on the Rock and will be awakened when the time is right
Nobody cares about the Lion.
>>
>>50981134
Because dying by Slaneesh is not appealing and they can cut off Commoragh from the rest of the webway and avoid imperials
>>
>>50981677

the Panacea Perverted you mean?
Thanks DE
>>
For alpha legion is it best to go infiltrating chosen or chaos marine squads? Plasma or melta? Or is a healthy mix best (of course not in the same squad)
>>
>>50981747
Chosen infiltrating
Rhino Chaos Marines
>>
File: 1479353271631.gif (297KB, 498x354px) Image search: [Google]
1479353271631.gif
297KB, 498x354px
>>50981271
>I bet someone's going to manage to corner Russ so they can check his tags and contact the Space Wolves so they pick him up at the shelter
Fucking kek
>>
>>50981752
Why not infiltrate everyone?
>>
>>50981747
Infiltrate several 20 man squads of marines, no one will expect getting fucking swarmed by marines.
>>
>>50981756
Infiltrating big ol chaos space marine squads is a bad idea, plus more objective secured is good
>>
>>50981747
I miss when chosen had infiltrate without needing a crutch supplement

and to think people though CSM 4th ed was bad! Clearly at the time nobody expected the 6th ed codex...
>>
>>50981713
Lady Malys still posess the original STC template accumulating dust in her trophy room.
>>
File: Vietcongtau.png (52KB, 487x495px) Image search: [Google]
Vietcongtau.png
52KB, 487x495px
For tau players, how much do you guys usually spend on crisis teams? I just started playing and there are so many options for xv8s I dont know whats good and what to use
>>
File: 1481510179914.jpg (49KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1481510179914.jpg
49KB, 500x374px
>the Black Templar plus -I- pic is showing them on a moon called Klasius and trying to get *away* from Abaddon': forces. "Their deliverance comes from an unexpected direction..."
>Spoiler from the sales blurb of Fall of Cadia, which is described as the first in "a new series": Cadia falls DURING this book
>Jes Bickham is the dude responsible for "the Gathering Storm project". At the end of the article he says "the End Times (well, die Endzeit) have only just begun"..
>Primarchs and C'tan minis are a go, I guess. Steve Buddle did Cawl and the Inquisitor and Brian Nelson did Celestine.
>>
>>50980796
You're still trying to force that shitty meme?
>>
can someone recommend me a good epub/mobi reader for android tablets? having to carry 4 books for a single army just for a game becomes a burden after a while.
>>
>>50980802
I disagree. Cover Ignoring Lascannon squads are good. Especially if you have an IA Astropath allied in with Prescience.
>>
>>50981773
Alpha legion chosen do also get obj secured as they are troops as well.

>>50981779
Yeah I miss that too. But in 3.5ed any chaos marines unit could infiltrate. Dawn of War was based on that. Remember the chosen limits? No more than 10 per thousand points?
>>
>>50980847
Do go on
>>
File: dettol.jpg (16KB, 300x349px) Image search: [Google]
dettol.jpg
16KB, 300x349px
>>50980457

I did up a guide to Dettol stripping a while back. Works extremely well.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12010635
>>
>>50981621
B-but math makes the game slow.
>>
File: dettol stripping.jpg (238KB, 1183x800px) Image search: [Google]
dettol stripping.jpg
238KB, 1183x800px
>>50981946

Of course, actually including it would be good.
>>
>>50981965
delet this
>>
Do you guys enjoy longer games or shorter games. Personally i would value a longer game more as i spent so much time painting an assembling my models that a shorter game makes me feel like i have wasted my time.
>>
>>50982015
Muh steamlining.
>>
>>50982071
when games go longer than four hours it really gets tiring.

40k is not well suited for short games. There is too much book keeping and too many things to look up and reference. 90 minutes is about the perfect length of game I think, but your average 1850 game will take closer to 150-180 minutes
>>
>>50981473
You can try adding them to an Emp's Fist. Back them up by 3 longer ranged tanks. The idea here is that now the enemy must pick the lowest of two vehicle damage rolls, and you can repair/fire while shaken. BS4 is also nice, being the point where a large blast weapon become statistically more likely to hit a single model than a non-blast weapon.

You'll want to do everything in your power to get cover saves, since vehicle's 2nd greatest weakness is instead of getting an armor save they have higher equivalent toughness.

2 might be 1 too many. Being a blast weapon it seems like it was designed to kill terminators and equivalent heavy infantry. If your targeting space marines with a Demolisher you're basically wasting 30 points because a Battle Tank Would do just as well. Also don't forget you roll 2 dice and pick highest for ordanance penetration rolls!

That's all I got.
>>
>>50982071
I prefer games that end t6 rather than t3.
Domination victory just feels hollow.
>>
How was your most recent game?
Did it end in your favor?
Any fun things in it happen?

I recently played against Corsairs, on the Deadlock Maelstrom mission. We called it on the bottom of his Turn 3, due to my Stormhawk Interceptor wing arriving. I would have had a good chance of getting 4 objectives that one turn, putting me 8-5.

We both enjoyed the game, but his dice did not like him that day.
>>
Where can I download the Burning of Prospero painting guide?
>>
>>50982157
I played an eternal war mission against myself a while back because I have no friends and the only 40k club is far away.

I lost.

A chaos lord lost a challenge to an inquisitor, disappointing everyone.
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 1500pts.jpg (207KB, 900x1134px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 1500pts.jpg
207KB, 900x1134px
>>50981747
i played last week a 1500 game and what i found best is to infiltrate all and have 10 men chosen squad 4 with plasma and 5 men csm squads, and with every squad of space marine infiltrated to have at least one cultist quad infiltrated near at least, here is my list, sorry for my bad english im mexican :(
>>
>>50980919
if cadia falls will they introduce a new standard IG design?
>>
>>50982157
played a 1000 point tau (me) vs iron warriors spoils of war maelstrom mission.
he ran terminator annihilation force with an ml 3 psyker. His 2 ranged termi sqauds had an autocannon each and each had 2 power weapons while the melee sqauds were equipped with a power weapon for each model. He cheated several times in the game by assuming that his models were in range when in fact they were not. Also are combi bolters rapid fire since he was treating them as assault 2? He also cheated by not scattering his deep strike properly stating that minimum distance was always put him just off landing in ruins. I was running a ghostkeel without arms since I was waiting for magnets to magnetise weapons. After already shooting one turn with hit tried to claim wysiwyg and argued that I couldn't shoot anymore since I didn't have weapons on him. Ended up tying as I got objective points while he got kill points. worst part was the manager banned forgeworld so I couldn't run my remora drones and my barracuda ax-5-2 or my xv84 for a 1500 points game, as apparently people were sick of playing against some other guy's leviathan dreadnoughts and got all FW banned. store owner also has primarchs and supremacy armour on display from FW, kek for hypocracy.
How was it?
Shit
Did it end in my favour?
Tie
Any fun things happen?
My broadside survived 3 shooting attacks from his ranged termies and died on the fourth one. Was accused of cheating as I passed 2+ saves over and over. Also, onager gauntlet commander instant deathed a termie which was great, was also the kill point needed to tie the game as he was winning. Overall, terrible and never returning to that store, also I think he was autistic, but that's not an excuse.
>>
>>50982180
Sounds better than my game
see >>50982248
>>
>>50982248
combibolters are twin linked rapid fire, but terminators have relentless
>>
>>50982278
he was firing 2 shots at all ranges, so he was cheating?
>>
>>50981302
>Kroot openly rebel against the Tau Empire,

The Kroot gain nothing from attacking the Tau. The Tau do nothing to inhibit Kroot activities, freedoms, or culture.

The Tau in fact rescued the Kroot home planet not once BUT 4 separate TIMES.

Why the fuck would the honour based Kroot betray the Tau who have been nothing been but allies and friends to them?

This literally racist logic at work.
>>
Anyone here fight custodes yet?

I didn't play him, but I saw a guy at a local tourney get really far with them.
>>
>>50982284
>he was firing 2 shots at all ranges, so he was cheating?
yes he was

>claiming a ghostkeel can't shoot because the model has no arms
is it even possible for a ghostkeel to have no weapons? I mean, shame on you for not finishing your models, but that guy sounds like a tool

>power weapons for each model
that is actually the default loadout for CSM terminators. You have to pay more for the powerfists.
>>
>>50982248
>banned FW
>hardcore WYSIWYG fags

Never go there

NEVER spend your money there, and let the owner you won't be giving him business any more either
>>
>>50982287
>Burning the Splinter - 919999.M41

>A lone bio-ship of Hive Fleet Gorgon, having sheltered within an asteroid field in the Perdus Rift, disgorges its vile swarms upon the biomass-rich world of Pech. The Tyranids run riot as the jungle itself turns against the Kroot who make the planet their home. Though the avian mercenaries of that planet are equal to the task of engaging and destroying the lesser creatures of the swarms, tribe after tribe are killed by the giant bio-titans in their midst. The Tau Empire, long-time allies of the Kroot, deploy the largest guns at their disposal in order to repel the Tyranids from the planet. Cadre upon cadre of battlesuits are deployed on mesas and plateaus overlooking the forest, each slaying those beasts whose exoskeletons shudder through the canopies below with sustained volleys of heavy rail rifle fire. Though the Firebase Support Cadres are hunted in their turn by chameleonic weapon-beasts and flocks of winged terrors, each mesa’s sides are soon thronged with Kroot climbing hand over hand to protect their battlesuited saviours. Together, the two factions make an excellent combination, and the Tyranid weapon-beasts are hunted down and slain without exception.

Posting some examples of Tau and Kroot standing as one.
>>
>>50982157
1850 DG vs TS.
Started out by seizing the initiative, grabbing 3 objevtives scoring 4 points off objectives and murdering witches, then i spent 2 turns shooting two rubric squads off the table and getting pounded by Magnus' psychic artillery, untill he decided to assault my Prince, then by the miracle of The Black Mace', a failed3 ++ and 6 on toughness check got removed from play.

My plas havocs decimated his scarab occult on my turn 3

Game pretty much ended there.
Up 4 points and only facing 2x11 horrors and a exalted flamer.
>>
>>50982287
Tau do keep kroot from eating the dead.
>>
>>50982355
>991.M41 THE PLUNDERED FLESH OF PECH

>After capturing not only countless Tau upon Vigos but also the mercenaries with which they bolster their cadres, the Prophets of Flesh find out that the Kroot are able to learn and even evolve purely by selectively devouring the fallen. To appropriate such an ability would be seen as a coup even amongst the Haemonculi.

>Before long, the Prophets of Flesh have opened up a webway gate upon the Kroot home world: the humid jungle planet of Pech. Hovering through the mists upon Raiders lined with barbed rails, the Haemonculi begin a lengthy scouring of the planet’s tribal centres. The Kroot respond in force, loosing packs of Kroot Hounds that leap from bough and bole to bear Covenites into the leafy mulch below. Krootox-borne gunners blast apart Venoms and Ravagers in the gloom, though in truth the skimmers in the jungle canopy are little more than distractions. The true prize is seized by the Pain Engines of the Haemonculi, each Corpsethief Claw rendering down as many Kroot Shapers as they can catch.

>The Tau, fiercely defensive of their empire’s mercenary allies, counter-invade in force by mobilising twelve Hunter Cadres to scour the jungle clean. The unfolding battle ends abruptly when the Prophets of Flesh withdraw, their Raiders straining to the point of collapse under the weight of the Kroot corpses they have stolen. Though the Tau propaganda machine celebrates a great victory, the Dark Eldar have what they came for. They leave a message behind, spelt out in the bloody corpses of their victims. It is loosely translated by the Water caste as the phrase ‘Welcome to the Feast’.

Seriously, one of few examples in the setting of bromance between two races which proves that the Emperor was full of shit with his xenos hate. It aggravating when some racist anons want to ruin it.
>>
>>50982311
>shame on me for not finishing my model
Hey I was waiting for my magnets to arrive, how is that my fault? Also, the ghostkeel comes with weapons, he tried to compromise stating that i should take a fusion blaster as my primary, even though my secondary was a twin-linked fusion blaster, ended up not changing that, even though he tried to argue it out with the manager, who'd given me permission to run it without arms, as I was waiting for magnets, was a pretty shit game.
>>50982350
I went in there and said I'd pick up a targeted recon cadre. After the game was over he picked one up and said, "ready, all you gotta do is pay". I picked up my phone and found it on ebay for $30 cheaper and showed him it. I then promptly walked out.

I'm never going back there, already made my mind up about it.
>>
File: Sugar.jpg (9KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Sugar.jpg
9KB, 320x240px
>>50982248

> One player brings FW cheese models
> Everyone gets butthurt
> Instead of everyone just not playing against the guy someone pisses and moans to a manager
> Manager bans FW models

You guys are fucking pathetic. I can't go to one fucking 40K forum or general without people bitching about cheaters or waacfags or sore losers or listhammer cheese and how terrible playing against that person is.

Here's an idea retards, if your lgs or group has some fucktard who is doing any of that, than don't play them anymore. Then pretend you have a fucking spine for five seconds and tell them why.

> I'm not playing with you because you fudge your points
> I'm not playing with you because you are a rules nazi and it gets old
> I'm not playing with you because you run nothing but cheese/spam armies
> I'm not playing with you because [reason] and it's not fun for me

Holy christ I know you fucking idiots are probably pathetic neckbeards with literally zero capability for meaningful social interaction but it's literally one simple sentence, that's it, and then you just don't play with That Guy anymore.

If enough of you fucking idiots follow this advice That Guy will either change or leave, and either way that solves your problem.
>>
>>50982371
They don't.

They feebly nudge the Kroot to reconsider their barbarity but turn a blind eye to the Kroot practices because they know it's beneficial to their empire.

They also know that the Kroot sell their services to other races but they don't care as long as the Tau are the primary employer.
>>
>>50982407
What?
I understand your point but it sounds like your anger is directed upon me. I only just got back after several months of not playing any 40k. turns out someone complained since leviathan dreads are "op", 285 points for av13 isn't that good, bring some fucking meltas or power fists and deal with it. Second of all, I would be happy to play against levi dreads, barracuda ax-5-2 S10 Ap1 railgun would rape them to the warp and back. Also I'm not a sore loser, I tied and my legit autistic opponent cheated. I would tell my opponent why I don't want to play against them had I played everyone in my local gw (ausfags don't get the luxury of lgs with 40k since gw cucks them all).
I feel your rage but it isn't my fault.
>>
File: The Great Cull Of Jach.png (554KB, 379x673px) Image search: [Google]
The Great Cull Of Jach.png
554KB, 379x673px
>>50982386
Tau will protect Kroot-kun from danger, no matter the cost!
>>
>>50982386
>hating xenos is racist

DOHOHOHO

All of humanity is welcome in the Imperium. It's just that after ten thousand years of being murdered and fucked over by Xenos, they are not.

The Tau are not humanity, they did not live through events as hostile and horrid as the old night. By comparison they are the new and fresh face recruit, and the Imperium is the old cynical veteran.
>>
>>50982157

Played a 750 point game sisters of battle vs CSM(traitor legion). Guy fudged a lot of rolls for his FNPs and movement(by an obvious amount) He was scared of my exorcist and said it was the most broken thing he has ever seen, (he let his helbrute and a unit of CSM sit in ruins for 3 or 4 whole turns just letting me shoot at them freely....yes he brought a helbrute)

Over all he is a good guy and had really bad luck with dice rolling so I didn't mind T MUCH of his cheating

I won anyway handedly only lost a single unit of bss of 6
>>
>>50982429

Not mad at you specifically, but weak people in this hobby in general. They enable "that guy" players and then whine about them later.

Also when you say

> He cheated several times in the game by assuming that his models were in range when in fact they were not. Also are combi bolters rapid fire since he was treating them as assault 2? He also cheated by not scattering his deep strike properly stating that minimum distance was always put him just off landing in ruins

you're saying that you are as responsible for it as he is. If you're too much of a coward to speak up when you see someone cheating than you don't get to whine about it later on /tg/.

You need to grow a pair before you play your next game.
>>
>>50982429
Also, when hit by an ID attack, the store owner said that you still get a FNP roll, but it's reduced by one to a 6+. Is this true since the rulebook states then FNP is blocked by ID.
>>
>>50982462
I pointed it out but he ignored it.
Manager didn't care and ignored us.
Also, I stated that I am new to playing 40k (that was my 3rd game) and the guy decides to be a dick and exploit this.
>>
>>50982463
Nope, that's for necron reanimation protocols only.
>>
>>50982472
manager said that rulebook was wrong if it said that. wew lad, fucking kek, that entire game was stacked against me, how the fuck did I even tie it?
>>
>>50982469

No store manager "ignores" you if you tell them a player is cheating, you're full of shit.

You being new has nothing to do with it, you just let someone walk all over you.
>>
>>50982439
Eldar and Necrons have lived far longer and endured things that would make old night seem like a spring picnic. Over millions of years, They suffered from countless xenos invasions and despoiling of their worlds.

Yet they are not as xenophobic/racist as the Imperium.

Humanity compared to the two elder races is one big toddler throwing a giant tantrum. It has no excuse for what's it doing. No rhyme or reason.
>>
Jesus what is with the amount of cheaters im hearing about are people that bad?
>>
>>50982480
Well I'd love to be "full of shit"
But this is a store manager who bans forgeworld in game because "new people see it and I can't sell it to them" but also has 3 primarchs, a converted necron army, 2 remora drones and a supremacy armour on display. When asked why he replies "people don't look at displays".
>>
>>50982463
Sounds like horseshit
>>
>>50982482
>Yet they are not as xenophobic/racist as the Imperium.

lel you actually think this.
>>
From AoS/gen/
Howdy Guys and Girls :)

Some whispers via Perturabo's Raven:

"- Cadia will fall in preperation for 8th edition
- 8th edition WILL NOT AoSify the 40k franchise, they will only gave it rule tweaks, GW isn't crazy to kill their most successful franchise
- From January till Summer, the release schedule wont be full 40k, it will have AoS and Bloodbowl here and there.
- Regarding Roboute being rumored to be released, he said that it is a possibility but no confirmation right now. Since Guilliman is the imperial poster boy so he would probably be released.
- So with Fall of Cadia, GW is optimistic that it will be a huge event across the globe, with the storyline progressing etc.

And I need to repeat that this is not the End Times, like with AoS/Fantasy-reboot."

As usual, take it with a bit of salt, but it sounds quite alright ^^

Regards,
Lady Atia
>>
File: allies-chart[1].jpg (88KB, 720x378px) Image search: [Google]
allies-chart[1].jpg
88KB, 720x378px
>>50982482

> Why are humies so xenophobic against aliens???
> I mean it's not like practically every alien race they have encountered tries to destroy them or anything

Suffer not the alien to live, Citizen
>>
>>50982499
Well that's what I said, manager ignored me and said that you get a 6+.
I already know I'm never returning there, worst store OCE.
>>
>>50982237
Why 10 man chosen squads? Doesn't the 3+ cover save from shrouded and cultist meat shields keep them safe enough?
>>
>>50982503

Cool

Hopefully more 8th ed stuff will leak and all of the "IT'S THE END TIMES AGE OF EMPEROR IS COMING 40K IS DOOMED" people will shut up
>>
>>50982491
No. People are lazy and ignorant of their own rules. People cheat all the time and 95% is accidentally or through laziness. Stuff like thinking they had LD9 when they had 8, thinking they needed 4s to wound or to hit when they really needed 5s, people thinking their gun is lower AP than it is, people thinking they equipped something when they didn't, people moving 7 inches when they move their models, etc. Shit like that.

Best way to avoid that is to know all the armies.
>>
>>50982509
Where in oce? Ausfag here I'm curious
>>
>>50982526
A lot of it stems from people learning rules second hand.
>>
>>50982533
Sydney, you nearby?
>>
>>50982505
What you say about humanity is the true for the Necrons and Eldar.

And guess what? Eldar are not xenophobic. The Necrons don't hate xenos as much as the Imperium. In a galaxy ruled by the Eldar, xeno races will be left alone. In a galaxy ruled by Necrons, xeno races will become either slaves or vassals.

In a galaxy totally ruled by the Imperium, all xenos would be ded.
>>
>>50982537
That's understandable. There are a lot of rules and the wording isn't always clear. The manager that did a learning game with me taught me a few of the rules wrong. I later came across the rules and realized he showed me wrong. Had I not, I would have played those rules wrong in following games.
>>
>>50982547
I'm in Wollongong, if you can find it in you to make the 2 hour trip I promise the gw here is great :)
>>
>>50982549
>In a galaxy totally ruled by the Imperium, all xenos would be ded.

and it would be a peaceful place of prosperity and progress, a beacon of light in the universe of darkness
>>
>>50982549

>In a galaxy totally ruled by the Imperium, all xenos would be ded

Good, you know why?

Because fuck xenos
>>
>>50982537
That's the shit about people asking to be spoonfeed rules.
>>
File: Illic Nightspear.png (288KB, 434x313px) Image search: [Google]
Illic Nightspear.png
288KB, 434x313px
>>50982559
>implying
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo6K4QoOtGE
>>
>>50982549
>in a galaxy ruled by neurons

There would be no life bro, that's the endgame
>>
>>50982559
Excelt for the rebellions, mutant cullings, warring cults and human habit of constantly inventing a "Them" to fight.
>>
>>50982581
Nope, Necrons don't want to wipe life from the galaxy. They are going against the Tyranids to protect life.

Welcome to 5 years ago by the away.
>>
>>50982559
But even if all xenos are dead the imperiums worst enemy would still be around. That enemy is Itself. Cult uprisings and even just the natural corruption of man that chaos does would cause the imperium to go into a terrible distress.
>>
File: Grey Knights - 1500pts.jpg (208KB, 900x738px) Image search: [Google]
Grey Knights - 1500pts.jpg
208KB, 900x738px
I haven't played 40k since 4th edition but I downloaded some of the new Codecies and the new rules and threw together this for all I have that's Grey Knights. I'm more just concerned if this setup is legal, I can't really do much to change it if it's bad anyway.
>>
>>50982589
So Necrons have personalities and goals and shit? I haven't looked at them since they were released.
>>
>>50982589
Not removing all life to deny fuel for the tyrannids?
>>
>>50982549
>Eldar are not xenophobic

shut the fuck up mon-keigh
>>
>>50982636
Killing off all life doesn't destroy the biomass.
>>
>>50982636
No.
The majority wants meatsuits for their download.
>>
guys I'm thinking about starting playing at my LCS for the first time. Whats a good starting faction if I like Mech shit.
>>
>>50982651
IG
>>
>>50982647
Depends on how you do it

Isn't that the point of necron gauss weapons? Breaks things down into component molecules?
>>
>>50982651
Mech as in giant robots? Tau all the way. They have a lot of cool mech suits.

If you mean mech as in Mechanized, then Astra Militarum (aka Imperial Guard) have a lot of good tanks and mechanized lists.
>>
>>50982549
>In a galaxy ruled by the Eldar, xeno races will be left alone.
t. eldar

HEY GUESS WHAT SOME PEOPLE REMEMBERED? THE AGE OF STRIFE

GUESS WHAT HAPPENED IN THE AGE OF STRIFE? THE ELDAR WERE ENSLAVING/EXTERMINATING HUMAN POPULATIONS TO GET THEIR ROCKS OFF

So yeah, nah, get eldar can get fucked. The imperium ain't a nice place, but they have absolutely every reason to fucking hate the eldar.
>>
>>50982636
no, they want to destroy the tyranids because the tyranids will kill everything and necrons won't get to come back.

In 744.M41, the Silent King ended his self-imposed exile and returned to the galaxy after encountering the Tyranids within the intergalactic void and realising the threat they pose. He has begun a journey across the galaxy with a band of his loyal Triarch Praetorians to reawaken Tomb Worlds that still slumber so they may unite against the Tyranids.

in 979.M41 Necrons helped the Tau defend against Tyranids. In 999.M41 they allied with the fucking Blood Angels for the same purpose (which is retarded).
>>
>>50982662
Component molecules of a living thing are still biomass. If you break down my body into all the little bits of protein chains and enzymes and chunks of carbon-based molecules that literally would just be "pre-chewing: the Tyranids "food" for them.
>>
>>50982666
>GUESS WHAT HAPPENED IN THE AGE OF STRIFE? THE ELDAR WERE ENSLAVING/EXTERMINATING HUMAN POPULATIONS TO GET THEIR ROCKS OFF

No, they won't. The Eldar were sticking to their corner of the galaxy and minding their business.

What screwed humanity was the Warpstorms and psykers exploding everywhere.

Get your history right.
>>
>>50982656
>>50982664
I was looking at the Tau, Imperial Knights and the Adeptus Mechanicus. Am I allowed to ask for advice about playing for the first time here or will I be told to go read a wiki somewhere?
>>
>>50982680
no, they weren't*
>>
>>50982677

no https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_matter
>>
>>50982681
ask away
>>
File: Imperium.png (40KB, 874x521px) Image search: [Google]
Imperium.png
40KB, 874x521px
>>50982549
Fuck Xenos
>>
File: kroot3.jpg (152KB, 443x363px) Image search: [Google]
kroot3.jpg
152KB, 443x363px
>>50982287
The tau go out of their way to enforce their vision of how kroot society "should" be, and generally regard them as second class citizens (though, it should be noted, they are generally seen as higher class than other non-tau races, like humans).

This passage here from the 3E codex shows that there is a sizable portion of the kroot that disagreed with joining the tau in the first place, and the tau see those dissidents as a potential threat to their hold over krootspace. Hell, the section it's lifted from details how the kroot are basically constantly trolling and fucking with the tau that insist on staying as a standing force on Pech.

Keep in mind also that the tau didn't so much sweep in and save the kroot from orkish oppressors as much as a tau fleet came under attack while in the vicinity of krootworlds, and after fighting as allies went on to liberate the worlds together. The kroot dissidents likely feel they could've done so by themselves, given time. I recall reading somewhere (this may not be 100% accurate, can't find my source immediately) that a number of their mercenary kindreds were off-world at the time, so it's entirely likely that at full-force this wouldn't have been an issue.

Generally though, I'm butthurt that the kroot haven't been expanded on in years, and the kroot armylist (which was tournament legal, which was not the case for nearly all other Chapter Approved lists at the time save for 13th Company and LatD) was never updated and fell off the official roster back in 2008. To add insult to injury forgeworld discontinued all their kroot models.

They're a remarkably well developed race, and recently they've been nothing more than tau jobbers in all the fluff they appear in. They deserve better than to be a footnote in a codex for a race that's largely uninteresting.
>>
>>50982686
You just proved my point.

Furthermore, even if Necron weaponry breaks things down to base elements, that doesn't stop the Tyranids from polymerizing them into new organic compounds using the same basic chemical processes of a primitive ecosystem (compared to which they are much more advanced).
>>
>>50982681
You should read the rules and form your own experience first.

Most of the "advice" here is based on theorycrafting, inbred meta, memes and trolling or just taken from the wiki anyway.
>>
>>50982681
save this, it's EXTENSIVE:

Tau: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Tau(7E)

IK:
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Imperial_Knights(7E)

AdMech:
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Cult_Mechanicus(7E)
>>
am i a stupid retard? i can't find the generic weapons reference sheet in the rulebook i downloaded from the mega
>>
>>50982713
Apparently
>>
After 15+ years I have finally sound a theme for my space marines.

Soon I won't be fielding a mess of grey, blue, red, pink, and flesh coloured marines.

Gonna name them Space Rats or just actually name them Desert Rats, lead by Brother Captain Stirling. Lots of transports, land speeders and attack bikes. Going in like Brannigan's love with special and heavy weapons. Probably use White Scars chapter tactics. Build the army around a storm lance formation and add a bunch of speeders and attack bikes.

Best part is I have most of the things I need already, will just need the bikes and at least two more speeders. Just gotta and a bunch of survival gear to the vehicles and I'm set.

I am so hype to get painting and transport modelling.
>>
>>50982681
The Imperial Knights are more like things you add into your army, not as much a stand alone thing. Adeptus Mechanicus does have some robots, but the troop robots are more like robohumans on tank treads.

I personally think the Tau would fit what you want the most since it has a lot of variety in the mech suits. Some that are a bit bigger than normal models, some that are about 2-3 times the size of normal models, some that are pretty dang big, and then some that are huge.
>>
>>50982707
>>50982705
>>50982690
so the rules are gonna be the first week I will need a box of troops and anything* else to equal 200 points. Every two weeks afterwards add 200 points more to your army. An HQ character is required at the 600 pt mark. By the end of the league I should have 1000 pt army. *No Super heavies, Gargantuan, Flyers, or Flying creatures are allowed but Flyers and Flying Monstrous creatures are allowed for the final two weeks.
>>
>>50982734
first pick one of the three armies. then go from there. can't really give you advice in triplicate
>>
>>50982734
Knights are all superheavies.
>>
>>50982748
I'm probably gonna go tau at this point for maximum mech potential.
>>
>>50982695
>The tau go out of their way to enforce their vision of how kroot society "should" be, and generally regard them as second class citizens (though, it should be noted, they are generally seen as higher class than other non-tau races, like humans).

The 3th ED and 4th ED codex says that the Kroot are given the same rights and privileges of Tau civilians. Furthermore, the Tau never use them as cannon fodder.

>This passage here from the 3E codex shows that there is a sizable portion of the kroot that disagreed with joining the tau in the first place, and the tau see those dissidents as a potential threat to their hold over krootspace. Hell, the section it's lifted from details how the kroot are basically constantly trolling and fucking with the tau that insist on staying as a standing force on Pech.

There are some dissents but the majority are on board with the Tau. Notice that the Tau do nothing to stop these dissents from coming and going.
>>
>>50982699
No, if Tyranids can do that they would be harvesting sun energy and lifeless planetoids and then turning them into biomass instead of invading planets inefficiently as they do now.
>>
>>50982767
Get fucked cheesewhoring scum, you're on your own from now.

Welcome to the Tau experience.
>>
>>50982769
>Keep in mind also that the tau didn't so much sweep in and save the kroot from orkish oppressors as much as a tau fleet came under attack while in the vicinity of krootworlds, and after fighting as allies went on to liberate the worlds together. The kroot dissidents likely feel they could've done so by themselves, given time. I recall reading somewhere (this may not be 100% accurate, can't find my source immediately) that a number of their mercenary kindreds were off-world at the time, so it's entirely likely that at full-force this wouldn't have been an issue.

The Tau explore fleet came and saw Kroot vessels under attack by Orks. The Tau realizing Orks a shit and they are bullying another race, blasted the Orks of the Kroot.

After realizing the plight of the the Kroot, The Tau Empire sent forces to liberate Kroot worlds. Years of Orkish oppression that brought the original Kroot civilization in ruins was swept aside and banished by the Tau.

The Kroot tribes on Pech swore an oath of allegiance and friendship to the Tau, and been loyal allies of the Tau ever since Both Kroot and Tau have shed blood for each others sake.
>>
>>50982784
>if Tyranids can do that they would be harvesting sun energy
They literally do this you dumbass.

>and lifeless planetoids and then turning them into biomass instead of invading planets inefficiently as they do now.
They strip everything from planets except for the base elements they don't need, including the air, water, minerals from the soils - a planet has to be pretty fucking barren to offer them nothing. Also nothing about their invasions is inefficient - most of the time they lose not a single fucking thing for doing it, it's pure gain.
>>
File: 1458049583056.jpg (46KB, 862x521px) Image search: [Google]
1458049583056.jpg
46KB, 862x521px
>>50982767
Welcome to the greater good
Just started with Tau too
If you go for a suit heavy list, expect a lot of >>50982785
>>
>>50982784
>>50982800
Also your argument hinges on trying to say that a race of highly bio-engineered super-predators that literally have living creatures in space, which assimilates the genetic material of everything they consume, somehow cannot complete the basic organic processes of earth plants and microbes.
>>
>>50982800
>They literally do this you dumbass.

Source?

>They strip everything from planets

They are striping only the surface. They do not do anything to the planets depths and core.

And Tyranids have been noted to avoid lifeless worlds.

So if the Tyranids are after biomass, then there are other ways to achieve this than inefficient waging wars that wastes energy and have ended up with the destruction of numerous hive fleets.

Peacefully harvesting the stars and totally eating up planetoids regardless of the level of life on them to the very core would net more biomass than what the Tyranids are doing now.
>>
>>50982767
Basically
start with a box of fire warriors and a crisis team for 200 points.
then pick up the new battleforce, everything in there will be used then you are done. 1000 points of tau.
>>
>>50982809
How many predators prefom molecular assembly?

Are there *any* examples of tyrannomorphs that produce biomass rather than just ingest it?
>>
>>50982838
Some fleets do expose the core to leech heat.
>>
>>50982849
You got a source for this, anon? The one source we have shows a post-Behomoth hive fleet being anomalous and stripping the surface more than usual hive fleet would. This shows that the majority of Hive Fleets don't care about what's beneath the planets surfaces.
>>
>>50982841
The bio-ships that spawn tyranid lifeforms?
>>
File: 1411423507583.jpg (116KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1411423507583.jpg
116KB, 800x800px
>>50982767
I don't recall if riptides or such are gargantuan creatures, but if they are, there are still the smaller suits as monstrous creatures that are still mechs. Once you start filling your armies with the really big, it starts getting cheesy and tau reveal why they're one of the top competative armies at the moment. Hence strong reactions like >>50982785, and to be fair, a lot of tau players and rightfully earned the stereotypes and cheesy cunts. But if you wanna play tau, play tau and don't let meta anger ruin your fun.

If you're an absolute mad man though, play orks. They got meks too, althought orks are as a whole in a bad place ATM, but IIRC, you can gorkanauts and morkanauts can do some fun stuff and you can get reasonably cheap walkers with killakans. Deffdreads have some issues with cost effectiveness. Namely stuff like putting mekboys in gork or morkanauts can make them suprisingly durable. Later on you can start putting stompas in your list. The fun thing about orks, is that you get a lot of room for modelling, if you like the trashy jury rigged look. Meaning, you can get models from whatever mecha franchise and add bits to make 'em orky.

Tau are definately the kings of mechs and the ones with the most obviously mecha inspired units. Unless you really like evangelion, that's eldar's thing. Guess orks is something like Megas XLR.
>>
>>50982887
They just convert ingested biomass.
>>
File: gits.png (79KB, 1303x485px) Image search: [Google]
gits.png
79KB, 1303x485px
Here's my cheeky killteam for a fun little league I'm about to join
>>
>>50982838
>Source?
Tyranids 3e and Battlefleet Gothic. Hiveships have solar vanes they use to absorb energy. Also the fact that literally every Tyranid invasion includes jungles of Tyrannic flora overrunning the surface with horrible man-eating alien superweeds.

>>50982838
>They do not do anything to the planets depths and core.
There is literally a Tyranid organism called a Magma Corer that exists to burrow holes through the planetary crust to release the organic gasses in the core into the atmosphere and enrich the soil.

>And Tyranids have been noted to avoid lifeless worlds.
Yeah, because wasting your time with slim pickings is inefficient when there are bountiful targets to hit instead.

>So if the Tyranids are after biomass, then there are other ways to achieve this than inefficient waging wars that wastes energy and have ended up with the destruction of numerous hive fleets.
There's no such thing as "wasting energy" its superabundant. Also every destroyed Hive Fleet gleans information about the prey, on a larger scale it's not much different to them than sacrificing the early waves of gaunts to drain enemy ammunition.

>Peacefully harvesting the stars and totally eating up planetoids regardless of the level of life on them to the very core would net more biomass than what the Tyranids are doing now.
How do you figure? Most planetoids are inorganic metals and minerals that, even if useful materials, would be in too great a ratio to bother with without all the carbon and oxygen and nitrogen to turn them into fleshy things.
>>
I want a bio titan cause the look cool but they also look like a pain in the ass to transport.
>>
>>50982890
I do dig giant robots. I'll look into orks too.
>>
>>50982876
Fuck if i remember.
Was supposed to be the last step before leaving a system so they didn't have to expend calories heating the bioships.
>>
>>50982721
i see a couple of weapon examples, i've read every single page and can't recall seeing a full weapon reference sheet though
and when searching all i can find is "look in the rulebook it's there"
i've also read in the pdf that it is at the back of the rulebook
so it's missing from the pdf in the mega? my last page explains unusual grenades
>>
>>50982841
>Are there *any* examples of tyrannomorphs that produce biomass rather than just ingest it?
Literally every mention of Tyrannic flora ever?

How can you not logically follow this:
- Tyranids assimilate genetic material from what they consume.
- Tyranids have consumed at least one entire galaxies worth of life.
- Other ecosystems sustaining life must have had autotrophs.
- Tyranids therefore possess the genetic material to create autotrophs.

A Hive Fleet is a self-sufficient ecosystem as long as it has solar energy to filter though its internal symbiotic food chain.
>>
>>50982915
One warning on converting ork mechs from none GW models. Official stores and probably tournies with REEEEEE at the sight on non GW plastic. If it's an independent store they won't give a fuck and probably just think it's rad if you can pull it off, but it's a no go in an offical GW store.
>>
>>50982910
Gauss flayers tear shit into atoms, if nids can reassemble that into food they can just build food from hydrogen and carbon atoms.
>>
>>50982809
So in that case, if I'm understanding you correctly, Exterminatus makes no difference to Tyranids and all the lore to the contrary (saying that they are starved of bio-mass by exterminatus) is incorrect because you say so.
>>
>>50982941
You mean like literally any fucking plant? They're those green leafy things outside you might have heard of them.
>>
>>50982913
Baby stroller with blanket on it.
>>
>>50982944
Exterminatus scorches the atmosphere off a planet and all the ash scatters into space.
>>
>>50982948
Then tyranids dont habe to waste resouces fighting singe the universe is full of free carbon and hydrogen.

Just make a fleets of interstellar filter feeders.
>>
help I'm retarded
I'm trying to figure out how the rules for armor and saves and shit work and it's tripping me up.

Apparently rolling low is good on armor save rolls? But I thought rolling a 1 counted as an abysmal failure.

Also, I get how the armor rating is supposed to be arbitrary, but is there any consistent canon numbers on what imperial power armor is capable of in terms of strength feats, agility feats and durability? I understand your average astartes little mini-clone of the primarchs are a bunch of super soldiers riding in human sized death machines, but does it list any approximate of how much force it takes to cut the plasteel? The minimum heat/plasma temperature required to melt it? How many newtons of force a non-power or force fist from a space marine can deliver in a single blow?

I'm trying to play with my own homebrew bullshit and these numbers are sort of important for my fanficcy purposes.
>>
>>50982964
A space marine armour is capable of saving on a 3+, thats its capabilities.
>>
>>50982963
A) When Tyranids are successful they don't "waste" any "resources" by fighting since everything is reassimilated.

B) They are after new genetic material as much as they are raw biomass.

C) Hitting lush planets teeming with life is faster and more efficient than scraping it from barren ones.
>>
>>50982915
>>50982939

Depends on the store. In my experience GW managers are usually used to extensive kitbashes from ork players and arte cool as long as about half the model is GW plastic.

If the base model is a GW model you're fine, otherwise you can always talk to the store guy about it.
>>
>>50982978
Makes you wonder how tyranids have ever lost at anything.
>>
>>50982978
>>50982984
Entropy begs to differ
>>
File: 1384419233990.jpg (168KB, 482x482px) Image search: [Google]
1384419233990.jpg
168KB, 482x482px
>>50982964
3+ save means you save on 3+, meaning 3 4 5 and 6. 4+ saves on 4 5 and 6 and so on. You save can never get better than 2+, except with rerolls. AP on weapons works like this. AP 3 will go through 3+, 4+, 5+, and 6+ all the same, but is useless against 2+. AP 5 will ignore 5+ and 6+, but will be useless against 2+, 3+, and 4+ and so on.

Ya dig?
>>
>>50982978
How is it more efficient?
Just floating and expending no energy should be even more efficient
>>
>>50982990
You don't understand the concept of entropy if you think that's somehow relevant to what we're discussing.
>>
>>50982960
Have you ever read any depiction ever of any Hive Fleet? 'Cause it doesn't sound like it. They'd have no trouble eating the ash, since apparently that's how you think they work.

But what I find funny here is that the guy who was trying to be all sciency thinks that ash is going to be lighter than gas. Buddy, if a planet has enough gravity well to hold onto its nitrogen or its oxygen, it's going to hold onto its carbon too.
>>
File: sad pepe 18.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
sad pepe 18.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>50982897
are deffkoptas flyers?
>>
>>50982927
turns out i am indeed a stupid retard
i didn't think to check the back of the codex for generic weapons
>>
>>50982984
Well yea they are litterally the perfect killing machine that just breeds new innovations to take care of any weakness they have. The only way they can lose is because a writer doesn't want them to win. GW has painted the tyranids to be a brutal race that should never lose so they have to do bullshit to make them lose.
>>
>>50983006

Jetbikes friend
>>
>>50983005
>But what I find funny here is that the guy who was trying to be all sciency thinks that ash is going to be lighter than gas. Buddy, if a planet has enough gravity well to hold onto its nitrogen or its oxygen, it's going to hold onto its carbon too.
I don't think you understand what a shitshow an exterminatus is.
>>
>>50983013
They could literally just drop hiveships from orbit onto the planet until they smother everything to death.
>>
>>50982910
>Tyranids 3e and Battlefleet Gothic. Hiveships have solar vanes they use to absorb energy. Also the fact that literally every Tyranid invasion includes jungles of Tyrannic flora overrunning the surface with horrible man-eating alien superweeds.

If that's true, then they aren't using that energy to manufacture biomass. If they did, then they wouldn't.

>There is literally a Tyranid organism called a Magma Corer that exists to burrow holes through the planetary crust to release the organic gasses in the core into the atmosphere and enrich the soil.

Tomb Worlds and Forgeworlds which had underground bunkers beneath the service or in the core were noted to be safe during the Tyranid invasion. So clearly some retconning happened.

>Yeah, because wasting your time with slim pickings is inefficient when there are bountiful targets to hit instead.

That's not excuse. Are the Tyranids on a time schedule? are they perhaps running from something, a greater threat? No? Then they have all the time in the world. Instead what's noted of Tyranids being starved to weakness due to not finding biomass filled worlds, they could have lifeless the dead worlds matter and solar energy into biomass to sustain the fleet.

But they don't do that.

>There's no such thing as "wasting energy" its superabundant. Also every destroyed Hive Fleet gleans information about the prey, on a larger scale it's not much different to them than sacrificing the early waves of gaunts to drain enemy ammunition.

Energy is wasted. Some biomass is forever lost due to the myriad of weaponry that is being deployed.

and destroyed Hive fleets glean nothing. We have shown by the fluff that the Hivemind cannot retain genetic and tactical information and spread them across the hive fleets.

The only way looted genetic and gleamed tactical information can assimilated is when a hive fleet meets another hive fleet and one of them eats each other.
>>
File: orkz.png (256KB, 1304x1123px) Image search: [Google]
orkz.png
256KB, 1304x1123px
>>50982915
Orkz do bot bot spam the cheapest desu

Here's a 1500 I've actually used before myself at a tourney, went pretty well desu, most of my opponents couldn't handle the amount of armor I was rocking
>>
>>50983021
Sure I do. There's four types. Cyclonic torpedoes, virus bombs, atmosphere incinerator torpedo and modalis atmospheric torpedo. Your problem here is that on one hand you're going "Let's ignore the lore, focus on the science" and on the other hand you're going "Ignore the science, focus on the lore"
>>
>>50982839
which pack is the new battleforce?
>>
Where are my Dark Brothers at? Rate me for Commorragh!
>>
>>50983042
The fuck is that point setting?
>>
>>50983032

Why not run a forgeword dreadmob?
>>
>>50983044
1750?
>>
>>50983044
1750 looks like
>>
>>50982964
ahhh. So having a +2 Armor Save is pretty much awesome and a guarantee unless you're really unlucky, you're gonna be just fine.

And AP 2 weapons therefore are pretty much penetrating no matter what you roll.

So in that silly Emperor Had A Text to Speech device, when Ahriman was talking about using his cock as an AP 1 weapon, he pretty much meant he could penetrate most anything.

What about invulnerability saves? How are they rated across characters, and when is it more important to use them in place of armor? Are they just something for characters with plot armor, or what?
>>
>>50983013
Daily reminder that Tau adaptability is greater than every known hive fleet other than Gorgon.

Daily reminder that Tyranids in Shield of Baal after showing adaptability against the IG and sisters, couldn't adapt to the Necrons weaponry and the rage Transcendent C'tan shard in the duration of the war.

Daily reminder that the Admech defeated a Tyranid fleet (tendril?) by out-attrition-ing them.

Tyranid a shit
>>
>>50983027
>If that's true, then they aren't using that energy to manufacture biomass. If they did, then they wouldn't.
What the fuck are you even trying to say here?

>Tomb Worlds and Forgeworlds which had underground bunkers beneath the service or in the core were noted to be safe during the Tyranid invasion. So clearly some retconning happened.
Not in any invasion that was completed, only ones that were repelled.

>That's not excuse. Are the Tyranids on a time schedule?
Efficiency is literally a function of progress/time. You're just being a little bitch now.

> Instead what's noted of Tyranids being starved to weakness due to not finding biomass filled worlds
And now you understand why anyone with a brain mocks Cruddace for being a retard who can't into Tyranid fluff. This was never a thing before his braindead Codices.

>Some biomass is forever lost due to the myriad of weaponry that is being deployed.
Literally almost never an issue, or at least not one on a scale that matters. I can think of maybe a couple rare weapons in all of 40k that utterly deletes mass from existence.

>and destroyed Hive fleets glean nothing. We have shown by the fluff that the Hivemind cannot retain genetic and tactical information and spread them across the hive fleets.
Literally the exact opposite was shown just with Behemoth -> Kraken in terms of tactics. Genetic information is a different story, yes.
>>
>>50982992
>>50983065
meant to reply to this
>>
>>50983058
>>50983060
do people outside of this guy actually play at 1750?
>>
>>50983067
Daily reminder none of these things were written by Chambers or Kelly and are therefore non-canon in terms of respecting Tyranid fluff.
>>
>>50983078
I've seen it used before, stuff like this tends to be because the opponent is really specific with what he wants to bring or someshit
>>
File: tau kt.png (35KB, 676x761px) Image search: [Google]
tau kt.png
35KB, 676x761px
to the tau player that was looking to build 200 points at a time, here is a kill team list which only needs 1 fire warrior squad and a crisis team. the FNP goes to the ion guy, the reaping volly goes to the burst cannon and the last specialist is your choice, it can't be put on the shas'vre though..
>>
>>50983078
1750 was pretty common before the western tournament scene decided to add an additional 100 points for no particular reason.
>>
>>50983088
i dont know like 100 points isnt that much to throw into a list its usually just some upgrades.
>>
>>50983078
Always made more send to me than 1850 which is stupid. I still play 1850, but every time I do I think it's dumb.
>>
>>50983078
I've played games at 1750 before, normally my friends and I would build armies and then work out points and adjust from there toward something in a range of 250s
>>
>>50983035
There are always going to be inconsistencies with a soft science fictional setting like this, I'm just going with what makes the most sense given what we know about Tyranid lore pre-Cruddace retardation.
>>
>>50983036
the "targeted reconnaissance cadre"
1 commander
1 stealth team
1 pathfinder team
1 broadside
1 ghostkeel
1 devilfish

I'll chuck a 1000 point list with that and a team of fire warriors plus a crisis team. give me 5-10 minutes, meanwhile, here is a 200 point list >>50983094
>>
>>50983044
I find 1750 is the right amount of points. Armies don't get too huge and the game doesn't drag on for hours unless someone brings a horde list.
>>
>>50983068

> Efficiency is literally a function of progress/time. You're just being a little bitch now.

I'm not even him, but you're being a petty faggot and you're not even right. Being petty is bad when you're right, but you're not even that.

> Efficiency is the (often measurable) ability to avoid wasting materials, energy, efforts, money, and time in doing something or in producing a desired result.

It's not simply progress/time. Time is one of the five variables.
>>
>>50983024
This is a great example of sci-fi writers not understanding scale, yes.
>>
Am I able to take Raptors in a Thousand Sons army if I use Wrath of Magnus?

How do 1ksons go for other Chaos units?

Apologies, I'm a long-time modeller just getting into the game
>>
>>50983094
>>50983121
thanks dude
>>
>>50983141
Tyranids do not waste any materials unless the entire fleet is defeated, have an endless supply of solar energy at their disposal, have no concept of "wasted effort" or currency, so literally the only thing left is time. Thank you for reinforcing my point.
>>
>>50983068
>What the fuck are you even trying to say here?

They don't use solar energy to produce biomass.

>Not in any invasion that was completed, only ones that were repelled.

The Magma whatever would have burrow underground as the invasion was taking place in order to enrich the soil.

>Efficiency is literally a function of progress/time.

And Tyranids have infinite time. They can harvest and do as they please. They should not be in such a hurry that they would starve themselves and lower their efficiency when they are met by resistance.

>And now you understand why anyone with a brain mocks Cruddace for being a retard who can't into Tyranid fluff. This was never a thing before his braindead Codices.

Or perhaps your understanding of the fluff was erroneous after all? That's a non-argument by the way.

>Literally almost never an issue, or at least not one on a scale that matters. I can think of maybe a couple rare weapons in all of 40k that utterly deletes mass from existence.

Try nearly every Necron weapon and plenty of the Eldar warp weaponry.

>Literally the exact opposite was shown just with Behemoth -> Kraken in terms of tactics. Genetic information is a different story, yes.

No, tactical information as well. As shown in Shadowbrink where a Tyranid swarm of Leviathan couldn't recognize the daemonic threat before it and didn't have any access to information about what these daemons are and how to fight them. The Leviathan Tyranids had to improvise their tactics on the field rather than using past knowledge attained by their numerous fights with Chaos daemons in the past before Shadowbrink happened.
>>
>>50983149
Only if you use a CAD.
>>
>>50982568
Then, with all the aliens dead and with nothing else to do, humanity would tear itself apart over differences in religion, skin colour wealth or where they happened to be born. No wonder the aliens try to kill us on sight.
>>
>>50983042
Okay, so.
You don't have a Venom for one of the Kabalite Trueborn squads. They are never going to get in range with their blasters without being blown to bits, It's a waste of 130 points.

I personally don't like Shatterfield Missiles on the Razorwing, you're spending twenty points for +1 strength over Monoscythe and Shred, on anything that you want to hit an AP - Large Blast on you're going to be wounding on 2+ anyway so shred and +1 strength aren't worth it. Heck, more than likely AP 5 is going to be more useful.

Something else I don't agree with is Heat Lances on Scourges. They cost the same as Haywire Blasters but need to be within spitting distant to actually do their job. Scourges are going to be a high priority target for your enemy, having them able to do their job at maximum range as early as possible is the best way to go about it. You might be planning on deep striking your Scourges to use those heat lances, my personal opinion is that this is a bad idea. Heck, it's likely that deep striking with haywire blasters would be better. You have to land quite close to a tank to Heat Lance it, risking a mishap and a random loss of 120 pts. It's just not worth it over the safer, longer ranged Haywire Blasters.
>>
Tyranids can't be intelligently designed. They strike me as something that only rises to meet the occasion, evolves and adapts, and then as the situation calls for it, loses those adaptations back into more simple forms.

Think about it. On earth alone we have lichens that can eat sunlight and convert it into not only fuel, but biomass. We have snails that subsist at the bottom of the sea (check out the Iron Footed Sea Snail on youtube) and only consume sulfurous poison broken down and converted to a food thanks to the bacteria in their bodies. We also have mushrooms and mold that subsists on radioactivity itself, extremophile bacteria that lives in gamma rays powerful enough to turn our genetic structures into ionized slop and cyannobacteria and cave molds that devour simple stones and rocks to turn them into fuel.

Supposing someone had all that engineering prowess at their disposal, they would have entire castes of aggressive strains of hive fleets set up to do nothing but overspecialize and eat. They wouldn't just consume biomass, they'd devour everything not-Tyranid and convert it to Tyranid, including the radiowaves floating through the air and all light in the spectrum. They'd consume X-rays and gamma rays and just multiply and divide wily-nily in space.

So I submit to you, the Tyranids are engineered and designed to be staggered and do only what they have to in order to overwhelm crude cultures and planets. They have limited adaptability despite infinite knowledge of how because they're designed to only apply what they need to on multiple attacks to get the results needed before moving on.

If the Tyranids are anything, even the highest Tyranid unit is like the lowest most minimal unit in whatever force they sprung from. If they had any reasonable intelligence outside atavistic instincts, which probably have limits, they would have developed tactics for dealing with more races.
>>
>>50982723
Sounds great. Make sure all the veterans have beards.
>>
>>50983155
>They don't use solar energy to produce biomass.
So all the mention of Tyrannic flora during invasions, that's just everyone's collective imagination?

>The Magma whatever would have burrow underground as the invasion was taking place in order to enrich the soil.
Yes, this doesn't mean they're going to hit the specific spot where an underground bunker is located.

>And Tyranids have infinite time. They can harvest and do as they please. They should not be in such a hurry that they would starve themselves and lower their efficiency when they are met by resistance.
They never starve themselves, and you're still avoiding the fact that they are seeking genetic material not just raw biomass, which means finding strong resistance is actually a boon as long as they defeat it because they are adding its strengths to their own.

>Or perhaps your understanding of the fluff was erroneous after all? That's a non-argument by the way.
Cruddex fluff is indefensible and you basically auto-lose if you're going to try to appeal to that because you're unable to address the fluff written by the guy who actually created Tyranids.

>Try nearly every Necron weapon and plenty of the Eldar warp weaponry.
There is one Necron weapon I found skimming their armory stated to do this, the transdimensional beamer. And Eldar D-weapons are not as prevalent in the fluff as they are on the tabletop.

>As shown in Shadowbrink where a Tyranid swarm of Leviathan couldn't recognize the daemonic threat before it and didn't have any access to information about what these daemons are and how to fight them. The Leviathan Tyranids had to improvise their tactics on the field rather than using past knowledge attained by their numerous fights with Chaos daemons in the past before Shadowbrink happened.
A) There are no proven canonical encounters between Tyranids and Daemons before that instance.

B) Cruddex.
>>
>>50983152

>do not waste any materials unless the entire fleet is defeated

Uh, no, you're full of crap. Again, exterminatus is an example here.

>endless solar energy
Literally everyone, including us here on Earth in 2017, has the capacity to collect energy from sunlight. That energy is "endless" in the sense that the sun ain't gonna burn out soon. That doesn't mean that an unlimited supply of energy is available; it's like having a tap trickling water. It's not gonna stop, but it's not infinite water.

> no concept of "wasted effort"

Have you ever read any 40k lore? There are frequent descriptions of the Hive Mind feeling rebuffed, pained, wanting to avoid a particular location or such because the losses sustained there indicate that it's a bad cost/benefit scenario for the Tyranids.

Really, you're just getting ranty and immature here. Go for a five minute walk and you'll realise you're being silly.
>>
File: THE ONE WHO BURNS.png (1MB, 551x801px) Image search: [Google]
THE ONE WHO BURNS.png
1MB, 551x801px
>>50983174
>Shield of Baal
>The Burning One spams "DIE, INSECT" and "BY FIRE BE PURGED"
>Tyranids do not adapt fire resistance stacks
>Do not grow asbestos skin
>billions of Tyranids are burned to ash thanks to a single C'tan shard before the war is over

Tyranids please!
>>
>>50983171
>Supposing someone had all that engineering prowess at their disposal, they would have entire castes of aggressive strains of hive fleets set up to do nothing but overspecialize and eat. They wouldn't just consume biomass, they'd devour everything not-Tyranid and convert it to Tyranid, including the radiowaves floating through the air and all light in the spectrum. They'd consume X-rays and gamma rays and just multiply and divide wily-nily in space.
You can't multiply without biomass even if you subsist on x-rays and gamma rays for sustenance. I don't see why Tyranids wouldn't do this in fact.
>>
>>50983163
>You don't have a Venom for one of the Kabalite Trueborn squads. They are never going to get in range with their blasters without being blown to bits, It's a waste of 130 points.
Not him but I'm guessing that's the point of the webway portal.

They teleport in and then the Archon tries to tank return fire on his shadow field.
Doesn't seem wise to use your warlord as a meat shield though.
>>
>>50983197

Based Necrons taking out the intergalactic trash.
>>
>>50983187
>Again, exterminatus is an example here.
And in 4e when Kryptman's cordon was established it was explicitly stated to only slow them down, not reduce their numbers.

> That energy is "endless" in the sense that the sun ain't gonna burn out soon. That doesn't mean that an unlimited supply of energy is available; it's like having a tap trickling water. It's not gonna stop, but it's not infinite water.
It's functionally infinite enough to feed them all. That's literally all that matters here. You're being pedantic.

>Have you ever read any 40k lore? There are frequent descriptions of the Hive Mind feeling rebuffed, pained, wanting to avoid a particular location or such because the losses sustained there indicate that it's a bad cost/benefit scenario for the Tyranids.
Show me one in a Codex written by Chambers or Kelly.

Also lol at that last bit, that's a little ironic.
>>
>>50983233
Are you using "badwrongfluff" as an argument?

That's just no true scotsman.
>>
>>50983233

>There's the *canon* canon, which means these two works that I like, and then there's the *non-canon* canon

sigh
>>
>>50983245
When it's fluff written by an author who did not properly read the source material by the authors who actually invented the Tyranids as a concept, yes, they are capable of being wrong. You have to draw some lines when discussing fictional settings written by a multitude of different authors or you're going to run into direct contradictions - I draw that line at "people who didn't invent the Tyranids".
>>
File: tg 1000.png (98KB, 676x1951px) Image search: [Google]
tg 1000.png
98KB, 676x1951px
>>50983150
Here you are.
Don't be afraid to use farsight enclaves. Also normal xv8 suits are often used as commander suits so don't worry about people getting annoyed over that. The 1st part is "unbound" since battlescribe doesn't have the "targeted reconnaissance cadre" as a formation yet since it's so new. the xv95 is largest suit and is a monstrous creater. The drones are attached to the commander of the CAD so that they all get BS5, while he markerlights the targets of the pathfinders so the pathfinder become BS4. You should deepstrike the non-commander crisis suits and the ghostkeel. Fire warriors are not used in large games unless they are tax since they aren't that good.
>>
All this talk of tyranid flora:

Similar to the way some of the tabletop talks about snotlings and at least a few of the mushrooms orks produce being edible by humans, do you think there are any agricultural uses for Tyranid Plants?
>>
>>50983256
You're not going to win any points on moral high ground by deferring to the authority of a guy almost universally reviled for misunderstanding and butchering the Tyranid fluff that preceded him, anon.

Just because some jackass can pick up a pen and say "AND THEN TYRANIDS LOST BECAUSE THEYRE STUPID AND IMPERIAL GUARD ARE THE BEST, LETS MAKE CARNIFEXES COST DOUBLE THE POINTS" doesn't mean anyone needs to respect him.
>>
>>50983273
might be useful for genestealer cults
>>
>>50983273
Ask the Catachans.

Most Tyranid plants are likely designed to be inimical to non-Tyranid life but, toxicology is a fickle field and if some other race happened to develop an immunity and the tyrannic infestation had gone feral after a Hive Fleet was defeated who knows.
>>
>>50983285
It sounds as though you have a bee in your bonnet. Would you like to talk about it?
>>
>>50983258

New fluff overwrites the old. Chambers and Kelly don't own Tyranids and Alan Moore doesn't own the Watchmen.
>>
>>50983184
>So all the mention of Tyrannic flora during invasions, that's just everyone's collective imagination?

You mean hybridization that happens on an invaded planet flora?

>Yes, this doesn't mean they're going to hit the specific spot where an underground bunker is located.

They would have. Tyranids wouldn't deploy just one or do, they would have to deploy hundreds of them if not thousands. And the Forge World in question, Lucius, was called the "Hollow Forge" IIRC. It's planet core was been replaced long ago by an Admech stronghold which is filled to the brim with biomass. The Tyranids couldn't get to it or wouldn't since what's beneath the surface does not concern them.

>They never starve themselves,

They totally did. 5th ED codex, Behemoth section. Two tendrils of Behemoth avoid the world of Solemance and after failing to find any biorich worlds they fall into hibernation.

There is also mentions of hive fleets getting weaker as they are denied biomass.

>Cruddex fluff is indefensible and you basically auto-lose if you're going to try to appeal to that because you're unable to address the fluff written by the guy who actually created Tyranids.

That's a non-argument. We are discussing the Tyranids as they are now.

It's like talking to guy who denies the newcron exist. Just deal with it already.

>There is one Necron weapon I found skimming their armory stated to do this, the transdimensional beamer. And Eldar D-weapons are not as prevalent in the fluff as they are on the tabletop.

3-4 moves out of the C'tan moveset, the Gate of Exile, the FW stuff.

And many more besides.
>>
>>50983301
Are you unaware of the complete joke that is Robin Cruddace? How new are you?

>>50983304
At this point the argument becomes something entirely different, though. So okay, if we go by those standards, you win. The new Tyranid fluff is retarded as has been noted by many others before me. I'm here to discuss the fluff as it was intended. I guess you can take your technical "win" although I can't understand how that can be satisfactory.
>>
What's new from Open Day?
>>
>>50983222
Oh whoops, didn't look too hard at the Archon, too used to Dark Eldar HQ's being literally useless/10 pt Lhameans/Haemonculus Coven Formations.

Yeah no, okay. Agree with you on the tanking with the warlord being a less than stellar ideas. The real problem is though that you can't Look Out Sir! wounds from the Trueborn onto the Archon. If the enemy flanks you even a little the Trueborn would start dying before the Archon.

I can understand if it's a model based thing but he'd definitely be better off using the 75 pts for the WWP and Shadow Field to just buy the venom.

Though I guess you can argue for Suicide Trueborn, in which case why not just put them and the Archon in a Raider with a Night Shield for extra survivablity. Hand the Archon a Blaster, get him in on the action.
>>
File: Daemons_WH_art_1.jpg (138KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
Daemons_WH_art_1.jpg
138KB, 620x877px
>>50983312
>A) There are no proven canonical encounters between Tyranids and Daemons before that instance.

Shadowbrink happens in 999 41K. The dead ass end of the setting.

Before Shadowbrink there has been dozens of Tyranid vs daemon encounters.

I will give you two examples that feature the SAME Hive Fleet in the previous year to Shadowbrink.

Example one, 998 41K M'kar changes planet Leviathan was eating into a daemon world. Tyranids and Daemons fight it out until they are blown up by the Grey Knights.

Two, The thief of an exodite world in the Coven supplement early in 999 41K. A DE coven cause a warp breach in real space near a tendril of Leviathan which results in the tendril hiveships being overrun and slowly torn to pieces by armies of daemons.

And of course that's ignoring all the fights before 998 41K. This proves without a doubt that Tyranid hivemind cannot pass knowledge across fleets, not even across the tendrils of the same fleet. So no wonder they need an organism capable of retaining tactical data like the Swarmlord.
>>
are blob astra militarum armies good
not dozens of infantry
but hundreds
>>
>>50983312
Hey, anon, you're citing works that aren't a Tyranid Codex by Kelly or Chambers. Don't you know that this stuff isn't canon? anon said so

>>50983316

This is like hearing a Star Wars fan talk about how Rogue One is not canon because that's how George Lucas intended it.
>>
File: IMG_20170102_135244.jpg (89KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170102_135244.jpg
89KB, 960x720px
>Some unreleased WIP models that mostly never saw the light of day
>>
>>50983312
>That's a non-argument. We are discussing the Tyranids as they are now.
>It's like talking to guy who denies the newcron exist. Just deal with it already.
The difference is that Newcrons were a conscious retcon.

Crudnids is just Crud being an idiot, he legitimately thinks he's staying true to the original conception of nids because much of the old fluff which directly contradicts things he says is still copypasted and repeated in the current books. They literally cannot exist in the way they are portrayed in the last two Codices given the internal contradictions alone.
>>
>>50983337
>This is like hearing a Star Wars fan talk about how Rogue One is not canon because that's how George Lucas intended it.
I don't want to get on that tangent because I don't give a shit about Star Wars as a setting or franchise but I wouldn't disagree with such an assertion.

Once you take a creative work from one person and give it to another you introduce all sorts of problems in terms of consistency and credibility and there are definitely solid arguments to be made that it cannot do justice to the original conception and is therefore not canon in anything but the legal sense.
>>
File: 1386004337621.jpg (63KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1386004337621.jpg
63KB, 500x500px
>>50983065
>>50983077
You have to choose whether you'll use your invulv save or your armour save, so if you have the option to use both, you'll just use the one most likely to save you. Invulv saves, usually referred to as ++ saves, so 3++ for a 3+ invulv save, are basically plot armour or protection from stuff that isn't actually armour, such as force fields, sick dodging, or being a daemon or space ghost. Invulv saves are good because there is no such thing as AP against invulv saves, except for some very specialized and uncommon gear options and a couple of psychic powers, so 99% of the time, having a good invulv save is gonna make your guy a whole lot harder to kill. Most often a model's invulv save is gonna be weaker than their armour saves, terminators for instance have a 2+ armour save but only a 5++ invulv save, so you will almost always use the armour save, right up until your opponent pulls out the anti tank weapons with AP2, meaning your sick armour save won't do shit, but you'll still have that 5++ to save you. Some units have better invulv saves than their armour saves, such as imperial priests having 4++ invulv saves but only 5+ armour, or crusaders with 3++ invulv saves but only 5+ armour save, in this case though, there's really no point in them having the armour saves other than because it makes sence in the fluff. Other units only have invulv saves, like daemons and legion of the damned.

Basically the same as with cover saves. You choose which save you'll use, cover, invulv or armour save, and pick the one that'll save you on the lowest roll. Cover save also doesn't care about AP and is a lot like invulv saves, but they don't work in melee and a lot more things ignore cover, such as flame weapons, tau with marker lights or IG because some guy said so, barrage will also ignore cover saves gained from lack of line or sight.
>>
>>50983375
>Invulv
One or two times is a typo but you did this like a million times, dude. It's fucking Invuln. Are you phoneposting or something?
>>
>>50983363
Thank you for explaining this. Until you wrote this, I was laboring under the delusion that you might be a reasonable person capable of carrying out a reasonable conversation who simply didn't understand, in this case, what he was talking about. Now I know better. This saves me from wasting any more time pointing out how silly it is for you to be going "Oh, X counts as a retcon but Y doesn't because I am psychic and know what intention the authors had when they wrote it."

You should probably just go make your own thread for WH40k 5ed where no more recent material is allowed.
>>
>>50983337
Funny thing is GW has lately been giving way more creative control to Phil Kelly so, chances are he's going to retcon the last two editions of Tyranids the next update anyway and go back to writing them like he did in 4th edition and then anon will be right.
>>
>>50983410
>strawmanning
>citing the wrong edition as unaffected by Cruddace
Loving
Every
Laugh
>>
>>50983324
Yes they are good. You can go toe to toe with current meta lists with Infantry spam AM/IG. The problem is it takes forever to move and play out. You're not mobile and you'll run out of time in tournaments. So even if you can stomp the other army, you may not have the time to do it, and they might win based on objectives.

Priests
IA Priests
Psykers
IA Astropaths
40-50 man blobs with the Priests and Psykers/Astropaths
Command Squads to give orders
Heavy Weapons Squads
Kurov's Aquila

It's lots of fun. When you cast Prescience on your huge blob squads and then give them First Rank Second Rank order you get a shit ton of dakka. The Aquila also gives you Preferred Enemy which is nice. Add in the Aquila or Straken for some nice buffs.
>>
File: 1456523186280.jpg (386KB, 1280x919px) Image search: [Google]
1456523186280.jpg
386KB, 1280x919px
>>50983375
Addendum.

Feel no pain is the only save you get to have on top of other saves, so after figuring out which ones of the three others to use, if you have any, you can then roll your feel no pain or FNP save if you fail your regular save or just don't get other saves due to not having them, AP or ignore cover rules. Basic FNP is 5+, so if there's no mention of how good the FNP save is, then it's 5+, sometimes though it's 6+ or something else, and then it will be specified. Some rules or items that give FNP will add to your existing FNP if you already have one, so say you're playing iron hands who get a 6+ FNP on all infantry, and you add an apothecary or other source of FNP to your army, the 6+ FNP will add to you 5+ FNP for a total of a 4+ FNP. Note that it states that in the description of the rule that applies the 6+ FNP to all iron hands, and thus you can't assume that all sources of FNP will stack, unless specifically stated.

And since GW keep changing feel no pain every edition, I can never remember what cancels out FNP saves, IIRC it's AP1 weapons and/instant death, like when a strength 8 attack hits a toughness 4 or below target, but don't hang me up on it because I don't remember.
>>
>there are newfags in these threads who unironically defend the shitty modern gw writing compared to the older god tier stuff because it's "canon"
I'm getting too old for this hobby lads
>>
>>50983414
Eh, he still won't be right because his argument was basically "Biomass doesn't mean life, or organic compounds, despite all the descriptions otherwise... also not even exterminatus works"

GW will never make it so that Tyranids don't need to kill, because this is 40k, and they will never make it so that they are literally impossible to win against in the fluff, because that makes for boring stories.

>>50983426
I made a one character typo, you wrote 2000 words about how you are a moron. Enjoy your one laugh.
>>
>>50983439
Kthxbai
>>
>>50982667
i'm new to the 40k lore but how does such an alliance even form?
are there actual agreements or is it just a short truce?
>>
>>50983445
You made a bullshit argument putting words in my mouth that I never said because you have no way to defend yourself except for sucking Cruddace's cock because his writing is "more recent".

Literally hilarious.
>>
File: Eldar - 2500pts.jpg (268KB, 900x977px) Image search: [Google]
Eldar - 2500pts.jpg
268KB, 900x977px
>>50983042
Rate me out of cancer
>>
>>50983445
>also not even exterminatus works"
Phil Kelly's Codex literally said "exterminatus does not work" so I'm not sure what point you're making?
>>
File: TauGuela.jpg (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
TauGuela.jpg
76KB, 600x600px
I'm going up against a War Convocation at 1850pts as a Tau player tomorrow. I've taken a Hunter contingent featuring a Hunter Cadre, a Optimized Stealth Cadre and a Firebase Support Cadre.

Is there any weakness to the War Convocation?
>>
>>50983461
Terminal
>>
>>50983446
Fuck off Carnac.
>>
>>50983468
Air, run all the forgeworld flyers you can find.
Barracuda ax-5-2 with railgun will fuck up his day five ways to friday.
>>
>>50983455
You are literally the only person to have mentioned that name. Explain how I'm sucking his cock?

This isn't D&D, where people come together and say "Oh, we're playing 3.5, oh, we're playing 5ed." All the canon stuff counts as canon. I didn't say this person or that person is a good or bad writer, I said "Tyranids cannot do X, according to canon sources" and you said "Well, nothing other than these two sources from ages ago counts as canon, so yes they can!!!!"
>>
>>50983461
What is this, unbound? Just drop the fucking WKnights and play like a real man.
>>
>>50983264
is this a good list?
>>
>>50983474
Except he's the faggot railing on about badwrongfluff and how you should ignore codexes that disagree with your own canon.
>>
>>50983065
AP1 weapons exist and they do serve a purpose, though it's a bit obtuse: they receive a bonus when penetrating vehicle armor.

So when you're looking at the unit armor - AP paradigm, there's no functional difference between AP1 and AP2, but it's a different story when you start firing at things that don't use toughness value or armor saves.

I highly recommend that you get some experience playing the game and be intimately familiar with the rules before you start homebrewing. Otherwise you risk making decisions that might have extremely unbalanced consequences you might not be familiar with.
>>
>>50983399
I'm 21ish hours no sleep in the middle of a 70 hours night shift work week with about 5 hours sleep at most in between going to work. My curtains are broke so the sleep isn't good. My mind is full of fuck. 10 hours near nonstop work with little to no breaks, especially toilet breaks are hard to come by and the people I deal with are mostly junkies, pushers, prostitudes, drunks or the mentally ill. When my shift ends I have to use the metro during fucking rush hour. I swear to god 5 more months and I'm fucking out.

Sorry about ranting. I'm literally not thinking ATM, I see it now that you mention it, but it didn't pass my mind to consider that I could have spelled something wrong.
>>
>>50983480
My sources created Tyranids and the fluff they wrote is still repeated to this day in the modern books.

Your source is a fucking internet meme who is infamous for being a retard who doesn't understand a fucking thing he's talking about. The guy literally thinks mathematics is a subjective field in his own words. Apparently you're ignorant of this fact, and trying to build an argument based on the idea that all writing should be treated equally valid regardless of how stupid and contradictory it is.

Please explain how that makes me the moron. And when you're done explaining don't expect a response because I'm tired of this crap argument and have better things to do.
>>
>>50983501
No he's saying to ignore codexes that disagree with the original canon which are written by new guys that dont give a damn about staying true to what better authors wrote before.
>>
>>50983521
Fucking thank you.

So sick of that strawmanning bullshit.
>>
>>50983508

>Please explain how that makes me the moron

Sure. It goes like this:

You don't own Tyranids.

Your favored sources don't own Tyranids.

You don't own 40k.

Your favored sources don't own 40k.

Games Workshop owns Tyranids.

Games Workshop owns 40k.

You are not the one who determines what is or what is not part of 40k.

Games Workshop does that.

If you don't like a part of 40k,

You are welcome to play another game,

Or you can tell people "Hey, I'm not playing with you if you use faction X, Y, or if you want to play versions after Z edition."

Good luck to you with that. I hope you find some people who will put up with your stupid shit.

However,

This is a thread about 40k.
>>
>>50983521
He also has several instances of "x codex don't count because of biased writing"
>>
>>50983174
Got a bunch of old empire state troops, some of those guys are pretty beardy.
>>
>>50983479
I wish I had fliers but alas, I have non.

Focus the Knight down and then mop up the rest?
>>
>>50982723
You're an uncreative fuck.
>>
>>50983527
>sucks the dick of corporate suits that only care about making money off the shit writing of whatever guys they can pay the least to phone in a modern codex
>thinks his argument has the moral high ground
Cool, now that I know you are irredeemably a total faggot for life with no actual argument, I can leave.
>>
>>50983544
Hurry up already, weren't you saying earlier how you were quitting the hobby?
>>
>>50983527
>reddit: the post
>>
>>50983552
That wasn't me, dumbass. There are multiple people here who think you are retarded.

It's almost like basing your argument off appealing to a known retard might not be a very intelligent thing to do.
>>
>>50983527
>You don't own nothin goyim.
>>
>>50983527
And today I learned that ownership entirely determines the quality of writing. This reeks of GWIDF shilling.
>>
>>50982677
Hahahaha.
>>
>>50983479
Can't War Convo just run a ton of Icarus Onagers?

I guess if he doesn't know youre bringing flyers...
>>
>>50981268
>Also, all models are wip.
Be honest Anon - have they been "wip" for the last 8 months?
>>
I'm reading through the Traitor Legions book, and there's a formation for 3 Khorne Lord of Skulls.

Has anyone ever seen anyone attempt that?
At 888 points a pop it costs a minimum of 2664 just for this.
I can't imagine anyone dropping the coin for the few rare occasions they get to play a game worth fielding it.
>>
>>50983451

It's not complicated or unfluffy: Only a few imperials are so radical that they can't figure out the target priority is Chaos and Nids, then other Xenos.

One side or the other grumpily initiates "Hey, maybe we should postpone our inevitable war until the guys we can't even reason this much with are gone."

The Blood Angels and Necrons alliance was never ridiculous, for all it's held up as an example of stupid by the fanbase. There's plenty of -actual- trainwreck fluff to focus your energy on getting pissy about.
>>
>>50983569

Not that guy, but I don't think he's saying anything about the quality of the writing. He's just saying that GW determines what the current fluff is. Not whether it is better or not.

It would be like arguing that the Newcron stuff isn't relevant because you don't like it. That may or may not be so, but it doesn't change the fact that it exists, and is considered to be canon.
>>
>>50983649

Kytans, dear boy. Kytans are much points-cheaper and serve just fine.
>>
>>50983649
It's obviously there for those rare instances where 3 rich khorne players get together with the rest of the club for a weekend of Apocalypse.
>>
>>50983660

>It would be like arguing that the Newcron stuff isn't relevant because you don't like it. That may or may not be so, but it doesn't change the fact that it exists, and is considered to be canon

coughandisarguablyclosertotheoriginal2ndednecronraidersfluffthanthectanslavestuffcough
>>
>>50983674

How exactly would one cough the arabic numeral 2?
>>
>>50983715
easily
>>
>>50983654

I thought that the BA/Necron alliance was not an "alliance" so much as it was the Blood Angels and the Necrons were in the middle of tearing each other apart and then a bunch of fucking Tyranids show up so they both start fighting them instead of each other.

Then after they killed all of the Tyranids they both just sorta figured it would be a dick move to start fighting each other again and just left.

That was what I had understood the situation to be, not some sort of actual alliance.
>>
>>50983559
If the known retard decides the canon for the setting, then that's the canon.
>>
So I have a CSM friend, a necron friend and a Sally friend. I plan on making a different Ordos Inquisitor to use against each of them. They're crying about list tailoring now. Who's retarded here because I don't see the point on inquisitors if I don't
>>
>>50983748

If you're making lists to be good against that army in general and not against their specific lists than you're not list tailoring and your friends are retards.
>>
>>50982400
I know the store you're talking about and it is actually no where near as bad as you're making it out to be.

I know the kid you are about and while he can be a pain, as long as you now you're rules and pick him up on it he is fine. Which I think is reasonable seeing as he has an actual disability.
>>
>>50983746

There's two versions, the original had the Silent King and Dante parting respectfully.

The second had the Silent King trying to make friends whilst Dante tried to nuke him under a flag of truce but superior Necron tech meant they could detect and quietly teleport the bomb away without mentioning it. In the ensuing campaign the Necrons proceeded to strategically maneuver to force the Blood Angels to take a disproportionate amount of the fighting.

The weirdest part was probably that bit where the Silent King indicated he had met and got along decently with Sanguinius.
>>
>>50983762
Literally just taking an I quisitor of the right Ordos plus it's book relic and a retinue. I understand Tank Hunter Jokaeros are good against crons and Book of Names+brainmines and Daemons word rapes princes but why would I take another Ordos if I know I'm facing that?
>>
>>50983787
>The weirdest part was probably that bit where the Silent King indicated he had met and got along decently with Sanguinius.

The Silent King never met Sangy. It was a lie fabricated by him and his Cryptek. All of this was to show Dante that Necrons can be allied with. This is a just as plan to get Dante to ally with Anrakyr years later in Shield of Baal.
>>
>>50983543
My problem is I have too many ideas at once.

Got Nam guard.
Painting up generation kill storm troopers
Want to make kraftworld orks in looted eldar grav vehicle scraping/plowing/bouncing across the field, all their infantry styled after aspect warriors.
Want to make ork freebooterz in looted wagon made from a model ship plowing through the ground like it's sailing on land.
Want to make blood axes all in desert themed trukks but the orks themselves wearing the wrong camo and being led by boss Gorkfather.
Want to make eldar from craftworld Yu'Essesar, hordes of guardians tank riding drap and grey wave serpents.
Want to make eldar with lots of wraith guards with yellow heads and smiley faces on them.
Want to make commando IG army consisting of a bunch of veterans with demolitions in a gorgon assault carrier named Campbeltown to roll into the enemy deployment zone, wommit out the veterans and proceeds to just keep ramming everthing until it blows up.
Want to make an IG army of dark skinned catachans with lots of scout sentinels and tauroxes all modelled with toyotas with heavy weapons teams on them, also lots of conscripts and massed heavy weapons squads with missile launchers for massed RPG attacks.
Wanted to make my space marines blood ravens.
Wanted to make my space marines space sharks.
Want to make a BT army where every unit is geared towards melee or towards getting other into melee, but with shining armour and a ton of fancy heraldry.
Still plan on building a heldrake from an F4 model as a possessed fighter flown by a laughing skeleton.
Thought about painting my spare knight themed after Edelweiss from Valkyria Chronicles.
Thought about painting all my space marines like the cleaved and just play chaos instead.

And a bunch of other stuff I can't currently remember.

I have just finally actually settled on what to do with the 40 something tactical marines I have had lying around since I was 12 or some shit.
>>
>>50983762
So spamming blasts and flamers vs Orks is A-Ok.
>>
File: 494px-Paul_Cézanne_151.jpg (56KB, 494x599px) Image search: [Google]
494px-Paul_Cézanne_151.jpg
56KB, 494x599px
>>50983845
>all these ideas
>still didn't do any of it no matter if it failed or lived up to your expectations
>after 15 years finally settle on marines doing tactical stuff

just get on with it already, you spent too much time thinking about it; but have you actually played the game?
>>
>>50983845
Make kill teams for them.
>>
walkers with heavy weapons that move can only fire snap shots?
>>
>>50983903
Plastic costs money, the desert operating marines was just figuring out what to do with what I already had. The hellturkey will be done for the chaos army I'm working on, the Africatachans will probably get picked up when I'm finished brushing up on the other IG army, the smiley eldar are also likely to actually become a thing. Maybe the BT some day, probably the ship too.

The problem is that now that I have the money, it's hard to find the time.

>>50983916
Not a bad idea.
>>
>>50983903
>>50984000
Forgot to add, been playing with the marines since their 4th codex, been playing with orks and goblins before than.
>>
>>50983996
Read the rules.
>>
>>50984012
then it's not so bad, i spent a lot of time waffling between cult mech and eldar for a shooting army that actually gets affected by morale compared to my fighting daemons who don't give a shit about a lot of the rules

>>50983996
vehicles are relentless so fire at full bs
>>
>>50983872
Joke's on you, I'm running 12 Deff Dreds.
>>
>>50983872

Yeah, it is.

There's a difference between telling your opponent "I'm taking Orks" and "Here is my army list containing every unit I am taking".

Knowing your opponent's army isn't list tailoring. If you're crafty you can even throw people off by telling them "I'm taking IG" and then showing up with nothing but armor or with a ton of flyers when they expect to see a lot of infantry.
>>
>>50983872
Is it against the rules?
>>
>>50984084
It's not any written rule, but some people won't play against you because you're being a cunt.

In tournaments, of course, you need to register your list, in which case changing it is against the rules.
>>
File: Taurox Prime.jpg (23KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
Taurox Prime.jpg
23KB, 480x320px
>>50984100

"You're taking Tau? Cool, I'll be bringing Space Marines. See you on Saturday"

That's only 'being a cunt' if you're a WAACfag who is terrified that your opponent will have time to tailor their stuff against your cheese list

Yet another reason why garagehammer between friends is objectively better than trying to find pickup games at a gamestore
>>
>>50984100
Why would I want to play against people like that? They're usually passive aggressive tools who spend the whole game saying things like "oh you're using that? Didn't know we were in a tryhard game".

They're insufferable cunts, and if being good at the game is the easiest way to not have to deal with them, then I'm perfectly fine with that.
>>
>Can actaully convert my AoS Nurgle list into 40k, if you proxy the Rotbringers into Plague Marines
I bet the list will be shit, might have to properly cost it tonight
>>
>>50984116
Rather it would be "oh guard, k ill spam ap5 and melta"
>>
File: 1459823227837.png (68KB, 150x162px) Image search: [Google]
1459823227837.png
68KB, 150x162px
>>50984071
>be a daemon player
>that feeling when you feel like more grey knight players are showing up
>people just happen to have grey knights in their armies now
>>
>>50984126
Keep in mind its 40mm bases vs the 25-32 of marines.
>>
>>50984140
Aren't Gay Nights fucking bad against deamons on the table top?
>>
>>50984141
Yeah fair point, shame you can't take Termies as troops
>>
>>50984141
GW models. Remember use the base that they came with!

Since the storm fags eternal came with a big base you use that.

When will GW make sense about their basing?
>>
>>50984147
They lost a lot of bite when they lost the bæability to ignore damonic saves AND damons got loads cheaper and got AP3 pie plates
>>
>>50984147
>>50984140
Daemons piss ap2 out of every orifice, you can buy 10 point, master crafted, ap2 power swords on I5 infantry and wreck them.
You can have enough psychic dice to completely shut down their psychic phase too and and effortlessly murder their dreadknights with nurgle princes/SKULLthirster
>>
>>50984116
Your example doesn't work because Tau is an army you can't really tailor against anyway.

>>50984119
>good at the game
Playing with extra information is not being "good at the game" any more than than taking 6 units of scatterbikes and warp spides is.
>>
>>50984173
Constructing lists is part of the game. Evaluating strategic choices in list building is part of the game.
>>
>>50984147
not per se

i've roflstomped a guy and been beaten soundly by another (actually i wanna play the guy who beat me because i'm pretty sure i can beat him this time since i know a few more rules better).

>>50984165
this is true, i probably take too many chariots and not enough psychic dice but it's more fun like that
>>
>>50984173

Replace "Tau" with "Literally any army", which is something you could have done mentally if you had any reasoning skills whatsoever
>>
>>50984191
>reasoning skills.

Any ability to reason he does have is currently 100% devoted to trying to justify his belief that people who beat him aren't better than him. It's a tough task, so understandably he falls short everywhere else.
>>
>>50984187
>Evaluating strategic choices in list building is part of the game.
That part of the game is almost completely solved. Actual insights into improved list building are executed by tournament winners, not at your FLGS. The vast majority there are not bringing tournament-winning lists, and are not planning to play against tournament-winning lists.

>>50984191
>Literally any army
Some codexes only have one viable build. You can tailor against that one viable build, because if they bring something that's not that build, their army will fall apart on its own.
>>
File: radstealer.png (359KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
radstealer.png
359KB, 800x600px
>>50984173
>Tau is an army you can't really tailor against anyway
>>
>>50984205
If you are playing kitchen table Magic the Gathering, and someone brings a deck that resembles a vintage deck except it doesn't follow the banned/restricted list, he will win if he manages not to choke to death on his own drool before taking his first turn.

It means he has a better deck than you. It doesn't mean he's a more skilled player for deciding to bring a strategic bomber to a fistfight.
>>
>>50984147
Few month ago 5 GK terminators charged my former terminator champion/footslogging deamon prince, fail to wound him and ran away next turn. Glorious
>>
>>50984223
MTG didn't have a points system to regulate these issues.
>>
>>50984216
>ally in an inquisitor with three servo skulls for not even 50 points
>genestealer's only gimmick completely shut down
10/10 army my dude!
>>
Any Chaos players able to tell me if a chaos lord on a steed of slaanesh with a bunch f chaos spawn following him around, is any good ?
It sounds like fun
>>
>>50984240
MTG cards are balanced by their mana costs. It doesn't matter how strong a card if the opponent wins before you can cast it.

It turns out that some cards are hilariously undercosted, which makes them extremely good, but identifying which cards they are is not the primary marker of what makes a good MTG player, the same way it's not the primary thing distinguishing a good 40k player from a bad one.
>>
>>50984252
Not this meme again
>>
>>50984260
Actually identifying good cards is a primary market of a good player. But let's skip that debate and focus instead on why you felt mana costs was comparable to points limits for armies? Cause that's hilariously stupid.
>>
>>50984210

>Actual insights into improved list building are executed by tournament winners, not at your FLGS. The vast majority there are not bringing tournament-winning lists, and are not planning to play against tournament-winning lists.

Knowing what army your opponent is playing (and them knowing what army you are playing) isn't the same as coming up solely with tournament lists and you know it.

Again though, this is why garagehammer with friends is better. You know who you're going to be playing, so you can talk days beforehand about what sort of game you want to have - be it an easygoing thing (maybe you're new to the game or an army, maybe you want to goof around and try some fun units, maybe you just don't want to be hyper competitive for that game), a cutthroat tournament quality no holds barred list, or something in between.
>>
>>50984252
Cult Ambush isn't stopped by servo skulls.
>>
>>50984279
>Actually identifying good cards is a primary market of a good player.
Good players have a good understanding for what cards are good and what cards are bad. This won't stop a good player with a (sufficiently) shitty deck from losing to a bad player with a (sufficiently) powerful deck.

In a tournament where it's understood that everybody is bringing the strongest deck possible - yes, it's stupid to complain. FLGS games are more comparable to kitchen table magic, where most people realize it's more important to have an interesting game than win before your opponent has played his first land.

>focus instead on why you felt mana costs was comparable to points limits for armies? Cause that's hilariously stupid.
Because they're both completely irrelevant to the fact that good units/cards are good, and bad units/cards are bad, except as just one factor you have to consider when evaluating one, like S(P) and T.
>>
>>50984279
Not him but they are kinda comparable. As a good magic player will only put a certain amount of each mana cost which then limits how many of those you can bring. Just as a point system limits how many of one unit one can bring because it would cost to much and throw off the rest of your list.
>>
>>50984291
Cult ambush is infiltrate
Servo skulls stop infiltrate

These are facts, you can't disprove them.
>>
>>50984316
A points system is a limit on total power of the army. Two armies with the same points cost are supposed to have an even matchup if you know nothing else about them. Obviously there are some exceptions, such as Orks and Eldar, which are underpowered and overpowered respectively. But generally speaking, the system works.

Mana costs do not fill the same roll. Mana costs are about regulating the timing of the game, and adding some variance with the colors. Generally speaking the higher a card's mana cost, the later it appears in the game. Obviously there are some exceptions, like show and tell, or reanimator. Mana costs are not deck construction rules.

The two are completely different concepts, and insisting they are the same shows a serious misundetstanding of both games.
>>
>>50984368

Good thing Servo Skills are discontinued and we don't need to bother arguing against you, huh?
>>
>>50984374
>and insisting they are the same
They're ways of balancing cards that would otherwise have the same effects on the tabletop / battlefield. I didn't say they were the "same." You put those words into my mouth, and to begin, your post >>50984240 was fucking retarded to begin with.

Nothing about "those issues" is regulated by the points system. If Magic the Gathering had a points system it would fix nothing. The only reason it's not as bad in 40k is because 40k is not a game that permits stupid combos like Magic does.
>>
>>50984387
Actually there are some side formats of MTG with points systems. They're great, but very uncommon to find a pug with.

Again, you are wrong about everything you choose to post.

The debate is about points systems balancing armies and decks, not individual cards. Stay on topic.
>>
>>50984368
Cult ambush is cult ambush, not infiltrate. Read the rule.

Units do not infiltrate post deployment. Your interpretation would say they do, which is clearly wrong.

Additionally the FAQ for the previous version of GSC stated servo skulls didn't stop their version of cult ambush. It isn't conclusive, but it is suggestive.
>>
>>50984417
>Stay on topic.
The "topic" was that kitchen table Magic is not balanced around list construction skill, because even a retard could bring a broken deck and smash most everything people usually play at kitchen tables. The same is true in 40k. That was the point. The points limit does not "balance" this in any way, shape, or form. Yes, you can't take 50,000 drop pods because there's a points limit. Is there some bearing this has on a discussion on how a copy of a tournament-winning skyhammer list will completely shit on any Harlequins, regardless of player skill?

You left the topic, took a graceful swan dive into an irrelevant tangent, and are not somehow insisting that it was the original topic.
>>
can you only use one krak grenade per unit per turn or can you use krak grenades on every unit?
>>
>>50984443
The points limit is built into the game for most formats even kitchen table. Unless you're playing unbound, interacting with the points system is something you have to do.

Some do it better. You do it poorly. Accept it.
>>
>>50984455
>The points limit is built into the game for most formats even kitchen table
Yes, and the 4-card limit is built into kitchen table magic. You have to interact with the construction system to play the game.

This perfectly true statement does literally fucking nothing to support your argument that list/deck-building skill of a player is the primary determinant of who wins kitchen table games.
>>
>>50984448
Once per unit. They're basically weapons that all models in the squad have, but only one model in the squad is allowed to throw. Once you leave the squad, other units can throw with the same rule.
>>
>>50984477
That was never my argument. It was a determinant, not the determinant.

Some people read. Some people read better than others. You don't. Accept it.
>>
>>50984488
The list-building skill of a player is not even the primary determinant at which player at the table has the better LIST.
>>
>>50984493
And?
>>
>>50984496
So why are you pissing on people who point out that going out of your way to bring a stronger list to the FLGS is not indicative of your skill at list-building or anything else?
>>
Is Celestine brunette or blond?
>>
>>50984502
Because bringing a stronger list is indicative of better skill.
>>
>>50984514
No, it's not. It indicates that you are not too retarded to use the internet, and nothing more. Bringing an overpowered deck to kitchen table Magic does not indicate that you are a more skilled Magic player. Nothing about the points limits changes this for 40k.
>>
>>50984252
Servo skulls don't exist anymore.
>>
>>50984514
How many cocks are you smoking, you drugged out faggot?
>>
Do Eldar have currency? I'm reading path of the seer and while the character is a poet i don't recall what she does for a living
>>
>>50984525
>It indicates that you are not too retarded to use the internet
to be fair there are apparently a lot of 40k players who are too dumb to use the internet or even read the rulebook, and most of these are bad players

so it kind of works
>>
>>50981839

MOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>50984547

It's never been mentioned. I think craftworlds are beyond the need of economy. Craftworlds can grow everything in abundance, from food & drink to any material imaginable. Bonesingers are the unsung heroes of the Eldar.
>>
File: 1456941012750.png (316KB, 683x623px) Image search: [Google]
1456941012750.png
316KB, 683x623px
>>50984572
>Bonesingers are the unsung
How ironic.
>>
>>50984530
They do. For some odd fucking reason.

The 14th will give us a second living Saint because GW for some reason haven't kill 6e SoB codex nor Inquisition one for some odd reason.

Enjoy the clusterfuck.
>>
>>50984525
Where are all your opponents getting this miraculous internet advice? Are they going to 1d4chan, dakkadakka, etc? How do they sort out the bad internet (90% of all Warhammer 40k advice) from the good? If they just use winning tournament lists, do they tailor them for local metas? Remember, this conversation started because some retard didn't like list tailoring.

Both of these processes, list tailoring, and evaluating advice, require some skill to do well with.

And then there's the vast majority of people who beat you that didn't bother with the internet at all.

Check your assumptions.

>>50984542
What did you mean by this?
>>
>>50984593
I wonder if we'll get anymore left-field subfaction codices this year. Or if the codex as we know it will still be a thing come 8th edition.
>>
So if people have made "Noblebright" and "Nobledark" versions of the setting, what the hell would "Grimbright" be?
>>
>>50984628
I hope not, it is already annoying to have multiple books in order to make a functional codex with one army.
>>
>>50984258
Pretty sure it ain't bad and when used properly actually good - if you want it - do it Anon. 40k is way more fun this way. Just remember that MoN is what makes spawn so resiliant - they won't be as tanky with T5
>>
>>50984734
New day
>>50984734
New thread
>>
>>50984708
I'm probably gonna do it, just because the idea tickles me fancy. It's just nice to make sure i'm not shooting myself in the foot.

But the spawn would be MoS since i'm doing the EC decurion
>>
>>50984746
They have to be if you wanna attach MoS lord to them
>>
>>50981946
Yer supposed to use Brake Fluid.
>>
>>50982434
Gotta wonder what "anti-kroot" doctrine is.
>>
File: rawr.gif (933KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
rawr.gif
933KB, 450x350px
>>50982477
>Manager tries hard to balance for Tau
>Game ends in perfectly balanced tie
>Tau player bitches about "cheating."

Naw, I'm just kidding. That store sucks. Good luck Ausnon.
Thread posts: 418
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.