[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 424
Thread images: 58

File: 1479633210051.jpg (270KB, 1034x775px) Image search: [Google]
1479633210051.jpg
270KB, 1034x775px
Now with more head Canon edition

>previous thread
>>50812682

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Eldar poetry is shit):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
>>
File: IMG_3247.jpg (55KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3247.jpg
55KB, 600x620px
Is this enough Daemons or no

Charnel Cohort

Daemon Prince, 160
+Warp-forged Armor, 20
+Goredrinker, 30
+Collar of Khorne, 15
+Ichor Blood, 5
+Combat Familiar, 15
Total, 255

8xBloodletters, 80
+Bloodreaper, 5
+Banner of Blood, 20
+Instrument of Chaos, 10
Total, 125 (1,000)

4xFlesh Hounds, 80
+3 Flesh Hounds, 48
Total, 128 (512)

4xBloodcrushers, 135
+Bloodhunter, 5
+Instrument of Chaos, 10
+Banner of Blood, 20
+5 Bloodcrushers, 225
Total, 405 (1,620)

4xSkull Cannon, 500

Complete total, 3,887
>>
What's the most broken single unit in the game?

What is the most broken combination of units in the game?

What would you do to fix either?
>>
(((they))) are going to charge $120 for celestine, arent they? kek
>>
>>50817867
How much is that Deamon prince in Dollars? Glorious chinaman sells him for around 20ish which is pretty pricy for a single model can't imagine the FW price
>>
>>50817875

Remove Jink in general. Shit's stupid.

Put a regular guardsman against that and they have a 1/78 chance to hit.
>>
>>50817875
Tau Supremacy Armor
Not 600 points
>>
>>50817825
>making a funny and witty edition with fun edits
>take so long I get beaten to the post by a random cookiecutter post
>>
>>50817825
Quick fluff question. What would happen if someone like a librarian was consumed by the black rage? Would they immediately get nommed by daemons due to the loss of control or are they able to survive it until their inevitable death?
>>
>>50817875
Scatterbikes, probably maybe.

Riptide Wing, maybe Wraithknight Dreamwalkers.
Unless we're talking about which formation has the gayest RULES, in which case Skyhammer or Gladius.

Up points costs on the not!vehicles, REMOVE Gladius, nerf Skyhammer to not be so fucking good.

>>50817895
>t. Guard player
>>
Where's the cheapest place to buy IG stuff in the US? Ebay is just all gougers and GW is WAY overpriced. Need to build a swarm but can't do that shit when it costs $50 a unit.
>>
>>50817893
$73 for him and the Harold.
>>
>>50817875
Pink Horrors.

They were fine before.
>>
Repost from the other general then I'll shut up.

I just posted a bunch of 40k stuff over on my ebay at low prices. I figured I'd let you guys know first.

ebay/sch/crovaxcloud/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Just put the .com next to the ebay.
>>
>>50817953
>GW is WAY overpriced
GW set the prices, go to FLGS/3rd party for a discount on that price. That or China but fuck off if you're just going to start with China.

>$50 a unit
But it doesn't unless you're talking about tanks or some shit. I wouldn't know I'm British
>>
>>50817913
Mephiston managed to survive.

I think they might just be killed if it were to happen in any "controllable" way, or it might only happen rarely because they have way better self-control.
>>
>>50817875
eldar wraithknight
battle company

increase eldar wraithknight cost to at least the price of standard imperial knight. space marines require a full squad and cannot split up
>>
how are leviathan dreadnoughts? worth the dollars? worth the points? what's the best ways to use them?
>>
File: Sunspear 1850.png (98KB, 676x2032px) Image search: [Google]
Sunspear 1850.png
98KB, 676x2032px
Still seeking feedback 3 threads later.
>>
>>50817913
Mephiston got consumed by the Black Rage, but kinda fought through it due to being pinned to the ground at the time. However, I'm assuming they're fine, since he didn't get nommed the entire time he was still under its effects.
>>
>>50818012
>worth the dollars?
YMMV
>worth the points?
Yeah
>what's the best ways to use them?
In a Lucius pod with some nasty melee weapons and a gun
>>
>>50817908
Just hold it, man. You'll have your day. PS, Eldar poetry is shit.
>>
>>50817950
>how to fix skyhammer
>make charges disordered
>remove the overwatch rule, just make it a normal pinning test.
>Heavy Bolters should maybe get that 3d6 pinning, no overwatch as a special rule when used in numbers in Guard HWTs or Dev squads. Might make them decent.
>Make Grav Cannons salvo 2/4, 18" max range. No grav amps.
>>
1500 TS list

++Grand Coven
+War Cabal
Sorcerer- ML3, Familiar, Astral Grimoire- 170
2x Rubric Marines (5)- Rhino-based 185x2= 370
Scarab Occult- Soulreaper Cannon, Hellfyre Missile Launcher- 300
2x Sorcerer- ML3, Familiar- 140x2= 280
+Legion Armoury
Vindicator- Possession- 135

++CAD
Herald of Tzeentch- 45
2x Pink Horrors (11)- 99x2= 198

Comments? Criticism?
>>
>>50818064
>criticism
Don't play TS
>>
>>50818018
You've posted this on more threads than the previous three.

It looks okay. It's kinda weird in that you're taking the memes like Buffmander and warping them into not-as-effective spinoffs, like OSC with no fusion on the Stealth Suits. You might get flak from someone who just glances at your list and/or doesn't know shit about Tau, but other than that you should be fine.
>>
File: b9f.png (196KB, 655x346px) Image search: [Google]
b9f.png
196KB, 655x346px
>>50817901
>TnSA model is more broken than Eldar wraithshits.
>>
>>50817875

Wraithknight due to sheer points underpricing combined with what it is (GC rules and D access). There are more broken units when viewed as a list or in common situations, but from a design standpoint, the WK is head and shoulders the most broken. It's barely more than a Riptide but is a GC, and the Riptide is already OP.

Most broken combo is something already broken plus broken psychic blessings.

Remove broken shit like psychic powers and OP units. Don't even bother "fixing" them. Just straight up remove them from the game.
>>
>>50817953
you might consider using 3rd party models intended for historical wargaming

also in my experience catachans are cheaper on ebay
>>
>>50817953

They used to have snapfit Cadians that were affordable. Like $2.50 a guy at MSRP and came 3 or 5 to a box. Don't know what happened to it. Go look at Infinity's or Warmahordes' model prices and calculate how much it would cost to build a horde army with those.
>>
>>50818063
That sounds okay actually. I'd be down for a fucking heavy bolter buff like that.
Though frankly I think grav should just straight up get different rules since it's laughably overpowered in its current incarnation even with a mere 4 shots/model.
>>
File: header2-1600x815.jpg (382KB, 1600x815px) Image search: [Google]
header2-1600x815.jpg
382KB, 1600x815px
Cad-i-A-Okay
>>
>>50817987
Been to every local game store. They don't do discounts on shit. The best one does is $10 back every $100 spent.

As for the prices, I was exaggerating a bit. $30 for 10 troops when you need 50 to effectively form ONE unit is just stupid as fuck.

I don't want to go the China route but if there's no reasonable way to afford and army then fuck 'em. It's their own fault for not providing decently priced goods.
>>
>>50818108
Invisibility would be fine if it worked like in 6th.
Cursed Earth would be fine if the Grimoire didn't exist/Tzeentch didn't reroll 1s/the ITC rule that rerolling a save caps the reroll to a 4+ at most applied.
Some Angels of Death powers are just such bullshit they should probably be completely changed or removed.

The Wraithknight would be fine if its cost was increased in the region of around 100 points. Alternatively nerf it to I4 or even 3 and up the points a little, or just turning it into a fucking SHW like the Revenant would go a long way.
>>
File: Gal Vorbak.jpg (44KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Gal Vorbak.jpg
44KB, 600x620px
/40k/, I have a question:

I'm trying to work out a good proxy for Daemonhosts in a melee-focused Malleus warband. The old models just don't do it for me, and I can't seem to find any good alternatives without basically just freesculpting/kitbashing the whole thing from scratch.

I had an idea to use some from Possessed Marines or Gal Vorbak, and just use those with a few slight alterations - what do you think of this idea? Does anyone have any recommendations on other things? Ever run into the same problem?

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>50817901
worse than a wraightknight
>>
>>50818183
There's the $10 for 5 snapfit deals on the webstore.
>>
>>50817875

Scatterbikes

>18 JSJ s6 shots for 81 points

fuck this

Most broken formation is 400 points of free rhinos. Maybe. Maybe it's some other bullshit Space Marine formation.

Most broken combo I'm not sure but probably some stupid 2++ rerollable invis death star
>>
>>50818192
They could be Exorcist Neophytes that failed their possession test.
>>
>>50818183
Then look online nigger.
If you're too poor to pay even discount prices for what is literally a luxury item then you don't really belong in this hobby anyway. Have fun sniping Ebay.
>>
>>50818134
>Grav Cannon
>Range: 24"
>Heavy 4
>S5
>AP5
>Graviton: at the end of a phase in which a unit was wounded by a weapon with this special rule, roll a d6
on a 1-3 nothing happens.
on 4 or 5 the unit cannot move in it's next turn.
on a 6, the unit cannot move and suffers the effects of the concussion special rule.
>>
>>50818063

Disordered charges change nothing, the power of the assault marines is locking stuff in assault, not chopping stuff hard. The real way to fix Skyhammer is to remove the stupid pinning and relentless on the devastators, or removing Grav Cannons outright. You can throw in disordered charge too, it won't matter. The jump pack portion is good specifically because of first turn deep strike and charge. Same with the RG version.
>>
>>50818191

That's a lot of if's. You know what would fix everything with no if's and's or but's? Removing it.
>>
>>50817963
Pink Horrors needing three separate shooting attacks to waste (even if a couple lasguns is all it takes for the last ones) is just nonsense.
>>
>>50818215
>18 JSJ s6 shots for 81 points
It's 12 shots.
>>
>>50807909
Over 9000 hours in ms paint

Here's a rough functional Lictor playtest doc, Deathleaper included. Have a blast.
>>
>>50817875
most broken unit, many are merely undercosted but broken as in a stupidly good combination of rules is wraithguard with the D-flamer

most combination, i say Grav weapons on relentless, shit sucks ass

make salvo unaffected by relentless, except vehicles and MCs
return the flamer to S4Ap2 as they were in 6th
>>
>>50818234
Discount prices? Where the fuck are those? Not on ebay that's for sure.

Like I said, no local stores offer discounts.
>>
>>50818089
The OSC without fusion was a debate; unlike most Tau armies, I actually have *more* fusion than I do S5 AP5 fire. My area's got an IG player I frequently play against, and the slight dedication to shredding his dudes a little better fueled that one. I have to take them no matter what, so might as well use them The buffmander/plasmasuits, I've fielded with some success in the past. Plus, the buffsuit has a dedicated model that's not drilled for magnets and is already painted/varnished, so I make use of him where I can.

I might've posted back past 3. It's been a while with everyone shitposting instead of talking about the game.
>>
>>50818235

If you're going to nerf grav, the first thing you need to do is remove its ability to damage vehicles.
>>
>>50818236

I personally use the Skyhammer for the ability to deep strike and charge Assault Marines on the same turn. The devs really aren't a huge part of it. I just use Heavy Bolters and throw a Power Sword on the sarge, max it out with redshirt marines, then combat squad them on the turn they arrive with the Sarge/4 redshirts in one and the 4 HBs and 1 redshirt in the other. Sarge charges in next turn, 4 HBs do their work.

Fluffy and fun. Not every formation is used the way that WAACs use it.
>>
>>50818269
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/363810.page

Five seconds in Google you stupid fuck.
>>
>>50818280
that doesn't say anything about it hurting vehicles.
>>
>>50818262

You are right. I don't really have an excuse for that retardation other than it's 4 am here.

Hurr durr
>>
>>50818264
Jesus why does 4chan butcher the bold font embed so hard, after all that time I spent fixing the export errors from google docs with another program. Truly hurts a man's autism.
>>
>>50818255
GW aren't going to do that. You may not want to admit it but plasticrack models like Knights and Wraithknights sell like hotcakes, GW aren't going to axe them from their range because some autists on a Mongolian animal husbandry forum are bitching about their rules. Additionally, such an austere move would cut down on the variety in their range and why the fuck would they do that?
>>
>>50818018
You don't particularly need the Drone Net and OSC to be Farsight Enclaves, unless you're planning some close combat against Orks with those.
Could save you about 7 points in BKR. Maybe let you trade up on wargear somewhere else. It's not a big deal.
>>
>>50817825
So Guard are clearly weak, but what is their strongest list?

I've been play testing all kinds of combinations and units, wondering what works the best, but I'm curious what have had the best results against some of the stronger lists. So far the best results I've had are Pask with Punisher, Emperor's Wrath with ignoring cover with Hydras and Basilisks, and Conscript/Infantry Squad blobs with Priests.

What else is good to take?
>>
>>50818269
>Not on ebay that's for sure

What are you talking about, every sealed space marine box for random old shit like dreadnoughts or terminators is at least 20% off, just like the webstores.

Maybe for new popular stuff that's currently out of stock like BaC or Prospero is being gouged, but even those I bought sprues for cheaper than normal kits.

If your army or game is unpopular like warhammer or dark eldar, ebay may not have any deals and you're forced to go to webstores for 20% off.
>>
>>50817875
>What's the most broken single unit in the game?

Boyz if they had Assault 3 shootas
>>
File: 99120202017_FlagellantsNEW01.jpg (43KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120202017_FlagellantsNEW01.jpg
43KB, 600x620px
>>50818192
the flaggelants from whfb empire / Order devoted to Sigmar have the crazy-man bits covered
>>
>>50817895
>Remove Jink in general. Shit's stupid.
Fuck you. It's the only thing that keeps my warbikers alive.
>>
>>50818255
man, that genie is out of the bottle and isn't going back in.

Best you can hope for is balance, not removal.
>>
>>50818328

Since when was this a discussion about what would realistically happen?
>>
>>50818277
>It's been a while with everyone shitposting instead of talking about the game.
Welcome to /tg/.
>>
>>50818332
Valid point with the OSC, though I do like it personally and I already have the models; the drones are the main markerlight source, and I've learned from experience in my past few games that a lack of markerlights is a killer. I've got enough spares lying around I can probably build the drone net out of them.
>>
>>50818335
like, competitive friendly? or competitive tournament?
>>
>>50818215
>>18 JSJ s6 shots for 81 points
would not be so bad if they did not have 36' range
>>
>>50818266
Dflamers rarely if ever show up in tournament lists, they can't be that great.
>>
>>50818031
>>50817996
So what about Techmarines? Are they able to maintain their technological prowess after falling to the black rage or can they still fix things and whatnot?
>>
>>50818335
Wyverns are the most effective infantry killers Guard has. Tons of wounds for cheap.
>>
>>50818359
Fuck bikes.
>>
>>50818359
>>Remove Jink in general. Shit's stupid.
>Fuck you. It's the only thing that keeps my warbikers alive.
DE player here
without jink, i might as well not bother putting models on the table

i do agree that rerollable 3+ jink saves is a stupid idea, but we dont get those anyway
>>
>>50818405
Nah, they're probably just insane.
>>
>>50818372
Wasn't as bad when I started coming here a few years back.
>>
>>50817875
>>50818108
>>50818191
The easy fix to invis is to flip it so it becomes a detriment to deathstars instead of a benefit.

What I mean is, instead of a blessing, you make it a malediction. The affected enemy unit can only fire snap shots and hit on 6's in CC.

Now you discourage players from making deathstars rather than encourage them. The game plays much better with MSU.
>>
As a SM player I would trade all my grav if I could take assault cannons as Heavy weapons.
>>
>>50818383
Both. Watching tournaments and reading tournament lists, I don't think I could even compete very strongly against some of the lists I've seen, but I'd still like to know what some of the strongest stuff is that Guard can put out.

>>50818407
Yeah they seem great. I have my Hydras magnetized so I can switch between 2 Wyvern or 2 Hydras for the Emperor's Wrath formation. I just have a lot of people with flyers and winged things around here, so Hydras are super useful, especially when ignoring Jink saves.
>>
>>50818401
>D-flamers never show up because they're 210 points a unit, which is base 325 with the mandatory transport. They are still an excellent, absolutely retardedly broken unit (the Warp Hunter, a grade-A Eldar tank, can put out the equivalent firepower of ONE D-flamer a turn, and it is considered good) that is incredibly unfun to play against (no saves ever, and just think about assaulting that unit for a second) but they don't thrive in the tournament meta of long-range shooting, lightning-fast 2++ deathstars and MSU.
>>
>>50818264
Deathleaper seems like the Callidus, but just better.
>>
>>50818405

Mephiston is only a successful librarian and leader because he overcame the black rage. Any marine that's afflicted with the black rage won't be able to maintain anything except rage.
>>
>>50818429
i think there is already a power like that.
>>
>>50818235
Holy shit that would be a buff to grav, not nerf.
>>
>>50818431

Ditto, in a heartbeat.
>>
>>50818431

That's a terrible fucking trade.

I'd do it though. Assault bolters on my CCW tacticals would also be acceptable. Or assault ramp Rhinos
>>
>>50818478

>Assault Ramp Rhinos
>Assault Bolters

Yes fucking please. I play a 90% melee-focused SM army, this would be such a boon.
>>
>>50818431
Normal Termies become Devastator terminators. All heavies, all the time. Grav cannons are now only available with Devastator Terminators.

Ass cannon devs.
>>
>>50818451
too bad his rules on table top dont account into that anymore.
>>
>>50818458
>ap5
>no reroll wounds
>can't hurt vehicles
>doesn't wound on armor

how is this a buff?
>>
>>50818498

CHAINSWORDFIST!
>>
>>50818498
>>Assault Bolters
no need, tacs have bolt pistols already anyway
>>
>>50818500

Need a price cut on the heavy wep costs though.
>>
>>50818531
Bolters give 2 shots in charge range while still able to shoot out to 24 vs. pistol dudes who don't have a bolter
>>
>>50818359
>>50818420
Nerf Jink a little for most armies, make Good Jink an Army Special Rule for DE.
>>
>>50818531

My choices at the moment are Bolters + BP +CCW for 1pt, or BP/CCW for free. Being able to shoot the bolters, fire off the flamer, AND charge in the same turn would make my Tacticals that much more effective.
>>
>>50818420

DE should just get an invuln if they go full speed.
>>
File: Skitarii - 1500pts.jpg (142KB, 900x751px) Image search: [Google]
Skitarii - 1500pts.jpg
142KB, 900x751px
Rate my list guys. I figured plasma calivers would go well with the rangers since they can re-roll hits in the Dominus Maniple. I really like the Kastelans, and I'm not a fan of the Kataphrons in Cult.

What do I add to get up to 1850? Any suggestions? And I'm not doing the free wargear formation thing. That thing reeks of cheese.
>>
>>50818562
tacs get both bp and bolters
>>
>>50818129

...they still have them, anon
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Imperial-Guard-Cadians-5-models
>>
>>50818591
>triple weapon tactical squad club

EMPEROR'S CHOPPIEST ONLY

NO INFERIOR CHAPTERS ALLOWED
>>
>>50818450
Callidus is currently considered bad and in need of buffs, from what I've seen (haven't played with/against one myself since 3rd ed). On the other hand, she does have a C'Tan blade and slightly better invuln, plus the AP 2 template weapon. Maybe that evens it out a bit.
>>
>>50818416
I wouldn't be surprised if DE have, "Fuck Bikes."
>>
>>50818591
>CCWs for ONE (1) ppm
Absolutely fair. If you like, think of your dudes as having bp+ccw standard and you're paying the 1ppm for bolters. Do you really, really need an extra shot if you're in charge range?

CSM already pay twice as much for ccws as you do, and lack ATSKNF or Rage for that matter. You have it better than you think you do.
>>
>>50818612
They can't charge if they shoot the bolter come on man keep up
>>
>>50818591
>DG get relentless bolters
>now loyalists are crying about not having relentless bolters
topkek.
>j-just give me all the good stuff CSM have + gravpods
>>
>>50818504
Preventing deathstars from working, Preventing units from running away, Preventing units from getting objectives.

It would be a different weapon yes but EXTREMELY powerful.
>>
>>50818634

Don't think he was complaining, he was just clarifying that he has the option between bolter and no ccw, ccw and no bolter, or bolter and ccw. Some armies don't have the option to purchase back bolters/extra ccw
>>
>>50818628
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a live action adaptation of a hentai based loosely on DE fuck bikes... probably directed by uwe boll.
>>
>>50818664
So he has even less reason to complain then.
>>
>>50818678

Good thing he wasn't complaining then. Unless he was, in which case, yeah at least you're not CSM.
>>
>>50817970
You could have upped the price by $50 per item if you listed them as pro painted silver robot orks.
>>
>>50818621

MAH SPACE SHARKS NIGGA I only use their chapter tactics though, custom chapter master race

>>50818634

I would like to clarify, I wasn't complaining. I'm perfectly happy with the options I have. Just saying, hypothetically, that assault bolters would be an awesome upgrade. I'd be more than happy to trade Grav Pods for them, seeing as I don't use them anyway. >>50818294

>>50818647
>>50818678

>Implying

Why is it Chaosfags that always shit up the thread, every time?
>>
>>50817953
warstore .com is a us based game store, they do 20% off gw stuff, best place ive found for new things. ebay you can find the good deal every now and then but mostly its just painted junk that they want you to pay premium for their shitty paint job
>>
File: image.jpg (397KB, 1425x1652px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
397KB, 1425x1652px
Anyone wanna post their first miniature they painted?

Pic related is my first cultist
>>
>>50818192

I used to run some Dryads from WHFB with most of it painted as flesh with the branches being shards of bone tearing out of the host.
>>
File: marine players.gif (4MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
marine players.gif
4MB, 300x168px
>>50818720
>Why is it Chaosfags that always shit up the thread, every time?
Why is it that Marinefags are so entitled, every time? My man I play Dark Eldar, I would love to have my longarm and a pistol on my dudes, let alone rifle+pistol+CCW, and you do not know the pain of playing a choppy army until you have to pay 25 points for what basically amounts to a Marine power sword.

Good on you if you aren't complaining, and from your post about Skyhammer you seem like an okay dude, but just remember your army is already able to do what it does pretty well, there are several others that are not as well off as you. Think about that before brainstorming even more buffs. The poor aren't happy seeing the rich get richer, etc.
>>
>>50818634
>>50818647
>chaos fags can't tell the difference between someone saying "it'd be awesome if we had X" and "REEEEE WHY DOESNT GW GIVE ME X"
>>
>>50818628
bikes that force-mate with the rider :
only in armies dedicated to glorious slaanesh
>>
File: duncan did not thin.jpg (133KB, 1024x1005px) Image search: [Google]
duncan did not thin.jpg
133KB, 1024x1005px
>>50818765
Would work better if you posted a side-by-side of your first model and most recently painted one. Makes you feel good about how much better you've become.
>>
>>50818799

M8, my first army was choppy auxiliary/suit Tau. I don't think I really need to say more about how wrong you are in your assumption about entitlement.
>>
>>50818799
>Why is it that Marinefags are so entitled, every time?
Your a fucking idiot if you think someone saying they'd like something is the samething as entitlement. By that logic everyone who complains about 40k is entitled, because the mere fact that we can afford to gove a shit about a toy soldiers game is a blessing compared to the rest of the world
>>
>>50818765

I like the 3D glasses vibe
>>
>>50818611
More vanguard couldn't hurt. also a fan of dragoons, they're cheap and pretty good at combat.
>>
>>50818799

The funny part is you're probably white. Just think of marines as the whites of 40k and you'll understand.
>>
>>50818902
Yeah, another squad of Vanguard is only 120 points. Is it alright to leave them barebones or should I try to get them Arc weapons?

How do you use Dragoons? I heard Ironstriders were better but not a lot of 'why'.
>>
>>50818944
>I heard Ironstriders were better but not a lot of 'why'.
First time I've heard anyone say that, usually it's "Dragoons are great, Ironstriders are garbage"
>>
>>50818830
This is a good idea, go for it anon, mine still look like shit

>>50818886
Kek, I fucked up trying to make his eye blue with no whites
>tfw no nose hair size brush
>>
>>50818795

That is a really, really cool idea actually. Looking at the pics on the website, and I could see how this would work. Think i'll roll with this.

Throw some chains/purity seals/parchment on them and call it day. Thanks!
>>
>>50818958
>>50818944
if you take lots of dragoons AND they make it into CC they can fuck shit up. if you just take a couple, they are pretty shit.

ironstriders can be great as adhoc anti air with tl cognis, and are mobile enough that you can use them well if you're smart and plan your shots.
>>
>>50818991
Would the formation be my best bet? How many should I take? 2 or 3? They're walkers, so they have pretty big bases for a squadron, aye?
>>
>>50818088
Thanks.

>>50818064
Thinking about swapping one Sorcerer and dropping one for Ahriman and Paradox. Not sure about the relative lack of Warp Charge though.
>>
>>50818597
Then they're stuck with either being able to shoot or being able to survive.
>>
>>50818944
You charge them at things, preferably after calling the imperatives that boost close combat. You get 4 attacks on the charge at S 8 and I 6 and any rolls to hit give you two additional hits. All thanks to your magic super mega cattleprod. And bare bones should be good. I'd give the alphas a conversion shield though.
>>
File: IMG-124731975.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-124731975.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
What are you working on /tg/?

Anything cool? Show us some progress.

Here's a basecoated neophyte I've been working on in a batch.
>>
>>50819009
the formation isn't terrible if you want that many walkers. You can max out a squadron at 6, but I'd recommend 3 minimum.

the downside is that they're open topped, so regular guns will blow them up, and it transfers through the squad, so shit can go downhill fast.
>>
>>50818108
>remove psychic powers entirely because a small fraction are OP
Fuck off, retard. You're just as bad as GW's rules team.
>>
Why did IA remove all transports from Deatwatch?

I don't fucking get it.
>>
>>50819084
Why was IA released at all?

Nobody knows.
>>
>>50819091

IA was a good idea, it just wasn't done very well.

I like* the idea of the smaller armies getting consolidated into one codex, but why strip transports and servo-skulls?

*: Don't mind.
>>
>>50819048
Three Dragoons with Phosphor is only 165, that's not bad at all. Are Rust-stalkers or Infiltrators worth it? I've heard good things about the infiltrators, with their stink aura, but I can't say I like the models too much. Maybe if I green stuffed some robes onto their arms?
>>
>>50819121
I meant "why was it released" more like "why was it released when it was such a hackjob."

Agreed, could've been a great idea. I always wanted Inquisitors to hang out with their Chamber Militant in detachment-limited games.
>>
>>50819076

Game was fine for decades with barely any psychic powers. Go play some faggot harry potter wizard game like WHFB if you like spells.
>>
File: artsfon.com-17784.jpg (588KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
artsfon.com-17784.jpg
588KB, 1920x1080px
When will Orks get their "Traitor Legions"?

I.E. proof that there are still people at GW that give a shit about orks and their rules
>>
>>50819160
never because they don't
no joke
>>
>>50819160
Why are characters always shooting down in these pictures? Other than that, really kickass battle scene there.
>>
File: sadork.jpg (37KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
sadork.jpg
37KB, 300x246px
>>50819160

Summer of Orks incoming

For AoS that is
>>
>>50819170
So they're not obscuring anything.
>>
>>50819160
Surely at least someone at GW understands the market benefit of at least polishing up the orks to current standards.

>what's with all the street signs in the capchas?
>>
>>50819157
Psykers have been a part of the game since it's inception. Go play historicals if that rustles your jimmies so much.
>>
>>50819141
like all of skitarii, they can be ok in the right circumstances. t3 means they die to a stiff breeze, s6 means 2 wounds and 6+fnp mean jack. They are beasts in CC, if you ever get them there.

Take infiltrators with the burst pistols and tazer goads if you take them at all. 25 shots of s2 WILL kill something as long as it can hurt it, and s6, with 2 extra wounds on a to hit of 6 is just mean. they start with 21 attacks on the charge, but on average end up with 25.
>>
>>50819157
black templar pls

>>50819148
it's weird how it's only formations with no option for CAD, if you had the option to do CAD it would solve the issue of transports
>>
>>50819185
Orks are up to "current" standards, they have a 7th edition codex. That's more than can be said of some books like IG and CSM.

It's just a shame that codex is utter dogshit.
>>
>>50819185

What bothers me is they're never clear on whether or not the pole the streetsigns are attached to should count or not.

Literally REEEEEEEEEEEEEEing over this.

EDIT: No, that's coffee, not fucking tea.
>>
>>50819185
>>50819215
>top right of 4chan
>Settings
>Quotes and Replying
>Legacy CAPTCHA
You're welcome gents.
>>
>>50819045
>What are you working on /tg/?
>Anything cool?
Lizardmen for WHFB not AoS mostly. I'd post pics, but it really isn't 40k yet. I still hold out the faintest hope. It is one of the most popular Fantasy/AoS armies after all and aeeing as it's almost 2:00 here in dallas, I should really go to bed.
>>
>>50819226

This in no way clarifies whether or not the signpost should count as an integral part of the street sign.
>>
>>50818914
so space marines are superior to everything else?
>>
>>50819251
In my experience no. My issue is it just sometimes gets finicky about what percentage of the square has to be street sign before it starts counting.
>>
>>50819251
My goddamn point exactly.
>>
>>50819226
Somehow this feels worse.
>>
>>50819267
Yes.
Was that ever a question?
>>
File: image (1).jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image (1).jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>50819045
My Raider. I'm slowly learning to hate edge highlighting...
>>
So the more I look at my lists, the more Cult Mechanicus nonsense I'm taking because I can't resist the Dakka. But that leaves me out of Troops to actually get shit done with my Skitarii boys.

How do I strike a happy medium here?
>>
>>50819351
that's some real nice edge highlighting anon
wish i could do that without randomly putting a way to thick blob at one point then trying to fix it by making the line a bit wider everywhere at which point i fuck up again etc etc
>>
>>50819185
>>what's with all the street signs in the capchas?

We're doing slave labour for Google. The results are used for maps. Instead of paying some 13 year old Malaysian 0.13/hr to click every single street sign, they have us do it FOR FREE

iirc it is also given to the google AI for "machine learning" purposes
>>
>>50819356
It's not too great. You can see some very sloppy lines there. I really owe most of it to my series 7. That thing is a wonder brush.
>>
File: Blood Angels - 1500pts.jpg (174KB, 900x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Angels - 1500pts.jpg
174KB, 900x1066px
So this is my current Blood angels list im thinking of going to 1850 and adding Dante and some sanguinary guard or some assault terminators to put the librarian and ideas which is better?
>>
>>50819356
>>50819364
I hope I didn't sound like I was humblebragging there. I hate that shit. I do appreciate the compliment, though. Thanks.
>>
>>50819351
just came here to tell you that I'm amazed at your painting skills. what a beautiful picture
>>
>>50819351

Lookin' good anon (other than being a disgusting servant of the Tyrant who has ruined the Dark City's chaotic beauty with his iron fist) :^)
>>
>>50819393
Thanks!

>>50819416
Thank you! (Although, I'm not sure if I want to keep them as part of the Black Heart Kabal, or make them some "wannabe" Black Hearts with custom fluff.)
>>
What's a good amount of points to shoot for on your first list?
>>
>>50819430
750 in my opinion.
You can get a HQ, two troops and a couple of elites in that sort of space.
>>
>>50819430
Most common point levels are 500, 1000, 1500, and 1850. Kill teams is 200 or 250 for Heralds of Ruin.
>>
>>50819366
to put the librarian in* any*
I just realized that i would have to go to 2k to get both dante and sanguinary guard into the list. so would that be a better alternative than just throwing in some terminators for the librarian to roll with?
>>
>>50819429

It's DE so you can basically get away with anything, including going full Alpha Legion ("Ah, hello fellow Black Heart Kabalites! How are you toda- hey, why do you have Lady Malys' insignia on your gun? Are y- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" [melts internally]). They could also be a smaller, recently absorbed kabal. Basically anything works.

If you haven't read the Path of the Dark Eldar series I'd recommend it, the Black Heart show up in at least one book (I think it's just the last one but they might be in previous ones too, kinda forget)
>>
>>50819466
Which books does that include? I got a TON of books from when an anon came onto the board dumping a whole bunch, including some Eldar and DEldar books.
>>
File: Skitarii - 1850pts.jpg (186KB, 900x912px) Image search: [Google]
Skitarii - 1850pts.jpg
186KB, 900x912px
>>50819197
I hear ya. I looked at the $$$ of Dragoons and at 50 bucks a piece, I'm not sold.

This is what I came up with in the end. I think it's an all-comers list. I can outfit the Dunecrawler with an Icarus if I go up against a lot of flyers and hope that'll be enough.
>>
>>50819466
>>50819473
Scratch that. I found them and I have them! Thanks.
>>
>>50819190
>he doesn't have druids and medicine men in his historical armies
>>
>>50818765
Don't have it anymore, but it was one of those monopose marines that came free with the old paintset. Used Humbrol enamels because idiot, painted them like traffic lights. Literally, shoulders and head was red, waist and upper legs were yellow, lower legs were green. Shit looked so terrible I can't do it justice in writing.
>>
>>50819489

You're welcome, anon.

Also I would not that outside of the 3 main books, there are 4 tie-in mini-books.They are very short but worth reading (I particularly liked the one that's set in a Commorragh sub-realm, The Masque of Vyle). They used to be in the megaupload folder if you don't have them already.

Titles and correct order are
>Midnight on the Street of Knives
>(Path of the Renegade)
>Treasures of Biel-Tanigh
>(Path of the Incubus)
>Bellathonis and the Shadow King
>The Masque of Vyle
>(Path of the Archon)
>>
why the fuck cant grey knights in terminator armor take stormshields?
>>
File: deldar kabalite patrol.jpg (105KB, 900x802px) Image search: [Google]
deldar kabalite patrol.jpg
105KB, 900x802px
>>50819534

note*

ffffffffffffff
>>
File: 1407817616978.png (107KB, 360x433px) Image search: [Google]
1407817616978.png
107KB, 360x433px
>>50819535
Because nemesis force swords give a +1 to the users current invuln sa-

Oh wait.
>>
>>50819440
>>50819441
Thanks. I'm thinking of playing orks, since I really enjoyed playing them in the DoW games, and they have the fluff I like the most.
>>
>>50819475
another thing to think about would be 3 dunecrawlers to get their 4++.
>>
>>50819535
Kaldor Draigo has one!

It doesn't make sense. Why would something called a Knight NOT have a shield?!
It hurts, anon. Watching all the other marines have fun. But have the fluff pat us on the head and try to convince us that "we're the best of the best."
>>
File: 1467614902911.jpg (253KB, 1024x959px) Image search: [Google]
1467614902911.jpg
253KB, 1024x959px
>>50819565
And not even the best at killing daemons.
>>Adamantium will and anti psyker
>>Large cheap squads
>>Strong in melee
>>Focus on causing numerous attacks and forcing saves

...Are black templars the true daemonhunters?
>>
>>50819554
With Phosphor blasters that's around the same price as a Vanguard and my Infiltrators. Which isn't too bad. It'd make them rather beastly MEQ killers.
>>
>>50819565
2bh i just want it so my massive retarded psychic deathstar would be 2++
>>
>>50819045

excellent. youre a great painter, i hope you didnt lose all your friends developing those skills like i did
>>
File: image.png (42KB, 606x539px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
42KB, 606x539px
>>50819512
Hahaha How old were you?
>>
>>50819535

Originally it may have been because of the +1 invul of the Nemesis swords, but after they wrote that out I have no fucking clue why Grey KNIGHTS can't use shields.

It's such a fail not only rules-wise but also fluff-wise.

And then there is this abomination called Dreadknight...
>>
>>50819548
>I'm thinking of playing orks

Orks are probably the weakest army in the game right now. Be aware that if you want to start them, even in casual games you're going to be facing an uphill battle.
>>
>>50819679
Oh I'm not playing to win, I'm playing to have fun.
>>
>>50819475
Looks pretty good to me, I'd swap out the rangers for more vanguards if you're not playing for objectives. But I also have a hard-on for their radium carbines so take that with a grain of salt. Also be mindful of what army you fight and how likely you are to fight vehicles. Other than running up and punching/stabbing it with your kastelans and infiltrators you dont have too much anti-vehicle there in an army that does that really well. But that should only be an issue against something really vehicle heavy like IG.
>>
>>50819679
Heh, i always laugh at the stats cause i have a near 70% win rate with my boys.
>>
>>50819689
if you like to make your models kustom(i.e. bolt whatever onto vehicle and infantry) orks are for you.
>>
File: wewlad2.gif (174KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
wewlad2.gif
174KB, 300x300px
>>50819689

>Oh I'm not playing to win, I'm playing to have fun.
>>
>>50819689
Just FYI I'm selling a lot of cheap Ork stuff on my ebay, linked up there earlier in the thread. You oughta check it out.
>>
>>50819697
Nah you're right I don't have a lot that can crack Av14. What do you suggest?
>>
>>50819705
Same here. I play around 1 game per week and haven't lost a game (though I have gotten a couple draws) since August at my FLGS.

Though my meta is casual as hell. Last week was Space Wolves, I just got too far ahead with VP by turn 3. Week prior I tabled Magnus-less Thousand Sons by turn 4.
>>
>>50819747
>0 Results
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 1850.jpg (339KB, 900x1327px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 1850.jpg
339KB, 900x1327px
>>50817825
I'm hoping to hop into the competitive scene in my area, but I don't know what anyone really plays or what they bring, I just know it's pretty active. I was going to try bringing this as a means to test out the waters. Anything I should add or remove?
>>
>>50819734
>hating fun
It's like you don't even do big waaghs
>>
>>50819781
You roll a standard/balanced list?

I usually pull of wins by never bringing the same list twice and always going balls to the wall in one aspect of the other, too much of X for any normal army to deal with.

It's at the point were out resident mathhammer droppodder is always busy whenever I ask him for as game since he can't do out a hard counter.
>>
>>50818611
Why are you running plasma calivers in the rangers? Are they really going to be getting that close?
>>
>>50819630
That was super random and sad, Anon. You should get your friends back now that you have skillz.
>>
Here's hoping my boy Grimaldus shows up on Cadia to lead the crusade and give awesome speeches.

And actually survives the damn thing like he survives everything.
>>
>>50819784

Check this post
>>50817970
>>
File: file.png (168KB, 1078x900px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
168KB, 1078x900px
>>50819829
>>
>>50819812
Mostly for the rerollable Gets Hot that the formation gives. In that sense I could just swap them to Vanguards and give THEM the plasma, huh?

When running rangers, is it better to do 5 man harassment/objective squads or larger ones?
>>
>>50819840
I only ever use Rangers in 5 man sniper squads, really. Keep them in the back as fire support, clear objectives, move them up and around the board behind your frontline and out of reach to cap shit and annoy people.
>>
Now that Dark Eldar are confirmed best pals with the Imperium, can we marry pale DEldar waifus?
>>
>>50819838
Okay well follow this link and then go the other items through my profile then..
ebay/itm/322366765994
>>
>>50819827
Celestine will lead the crusade. Sorry mate.
>>
>>50819861
Ah my bad, had my filter set to ignore all results that do not ship internationally.
>>
Guys.

What if.

Cadia Formation allowing you to take either a Cult Mechanicus, Inquisition, Black Templar or SoB HQ, use a certain set of mixed units from all lists and giving them either Canticles, BT Chapter Tactic or some Inquisition/SoB rule if you use them, depending on your HQ/Warlord.
>>
>>50819865

Celestine's purpose is to job for Abaddon.
>>
>>50819865
I'm on the "shows up halfway through the siege to turn the tide" side with her. Somebody's got to lead the Templars until then and Helbrecht is still on his ork-hunting roadtrip.
>>
>>50819876
This unfortunately

Either her or grimaldus are going to be gibbed in the first book. Creed for sure.
>>
File: Cult Mechanicus - 1850pts.jpg (193KB, 900x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Cult Mechanicus - 1850pts.jpg
193KB, 900x1001px
>>50819856
How's this look then?
>>
>>50819913
Yeah, I like that a lot more.

Have you thought about replacing the Raiments of the Technomartyr with the Autocaduceus? Castellans with IWND is nasty as fuck.
>>
>>50819890
Celestine will get gibbed in the first book and lead the cusade in the second-to-last book.
>>
Are my eyes playing tricks on me or is that new Archmagos actually on a freaking Dunecrawler 13cm base?

That guy is going to be one fuckhuge amount of painting work if he really is as big as he seems, though T6, W5 sure would fit that size.

Wonder what his special weaponry will be.
>>
>>50819931
Yeah, I like the sound of that too. Glad I finally came up with a solid list to work towards. And I should make that Dominus my warlord, too, huh. Since he's got T7 bodyguards haha.

I'm gonna try this one out first then I'll try the Autocaduceus. They're the same cost anyway.
>>
Do you guys find it easier to paint on the sprue, or build and paint?
>>
>>50818018
Here's an honest to goodness review from a tau player.

Your list sits in this weird gray area between "holy shit tau are strong" and "that's pretty good!" So I want to ask you as the player, what are you shooting for? Is this an optimised list for waacfagging? Or is this for casual games?

If it's for waacfaggotry than you could stand to change some stuff. Everybody hates riptides for a goddamm reason, they're too good for what they cost and their ability to deal with a plethora of targets effectively is a godsend. I'd probably drop the kitted out crisis shas'vre and the hammer head to pick up a riptide Or another ghostkeel. Broadside rail rifle (despite looking fucking amazing) is not as good as the hymp in most cases.

If this is for casual games, the osc and drone net can be brutal if your opponent isn't prepared for it. Every army has a fuck your crisis suit weapon but your fielding so many that most casual games will simply lack the fire power to bring you down after you decimate them salvo after salvo. It might be worth it to take some less popular tau forces, I'm a huge fan of fire warriors and skyrays. Kroot can also be a fun choice and ironically enough vespid work decently well with an osc.

In general and depending on your meta, it might be pertinent to take some flamers with you, if only to keep hordes at bay and really punish anyone trying to assault you.

Something else that could be fun if you don't mind FW are some hazard suits. I think they have kick ass models and aren't all that broken, so most people won't bitch. Plus the higher toughness always seem to throw a wrench in everyones "fuck tau" plan.
>>
Place your bets on who, if anyone, will kill Abaddon at the end of the 13th Black Crusade.

I'm thinking it'll be Dante for the sheer pottery of it, either that or a returned Primarch.
>>
So I need an elite choice for SOB to put with the canoness and make a minimum formation to ally with my guys in red. What unit should I take?
>>
>>50819948
He is on "chariot"-base, oval one some flyers use.

But yes he is Carnifex-sized model.
>>
File: RAPTORS FOR THE RAPTOR GOD.jpg (28KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
RAPTORS FOR THE RAPTOR GOD.jpg
28KB, 600x620px
Get your favourite models out boyzzzz
>>
File: 1410107403984.png (12KB, 530x492px) Image search: [Google]
1410107403984.png
12KB, 530x492px
>>50819964
kharn
>>
>>50819964
The Emperor
>>
File: fltl.jpg (189KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
fltl.jpg
189KB, 1200x1600px
>>50819969
My favorite model I'll never own
>>
>>50819949
Don't Incendiary Combusters have Cognis already anyway? Spending those points for just the remaining Phosphor Blasters seems a bit iffy, especially considering the chances of your killerbots being charged by anything until almost wiped out.

And yes, you should definitely make that Cohort your Warlord deathstar. It's really nasty, since they can't ignore it if they like to keep their units alive but can't focus fire on it either since they take too long to kill. Once managed to completely wipe almost 1200 points of Death Korps of Krieg with just that fomation without a single model from dying. Only lost that game by a single point because his infantry respawned and he managed to just barely cap 1 more control point when getting back into coherency.
>>
>>50819964
Some Primarch probably
>>
>>50819964
If dubs then Sly Marbo will kill him for sure.
>>
>>50819964
Cypher
>>
>>50819982
Just buy him, anon
>>
>>50819964

some random guardsman
>>
>>50819997
Great descendant of Ollianus Pius.
>>
File: 15myv53n.jpg (25KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
15myv53n.jpg
25KB, 290x290px
>>50819996
I wish I could
>>
>>50820005
It's Christmas, anon. Why did you not ask Santa for it?
>>
File: Legion.jpg (772KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Legion.jpg
772KB, 3840x2160px
If the 13th crusade is really the last one, I hope the Alpha legion gets to unveil theyr great masterplan or something.
>>
>>50820019
Ive sent numerous emails to FW and even tried to harass simon egan, but they literally wont let me buy it.
>>
>>50820020
>inb4 traitors amidst the Traitor Legions
>>
File: CK-bgGIXAAAF1jx.jpg (33KB, 598x616px) Image search: [Google]
CK-bgGIXAAAF1jx.jpg
33KB, 598x616px
>2 days off

Time to get some painting done
>>
>>50820027
just greenstuff it yourself, cut the head in half. also buy it from china just to spite them, then recast the head and sell them on ebay
>>
Never really checked out any campaing books. What's usually the scale of new stuff included in them, apart from maybe some new unique characters?

Any chance for new Formations and regular units to be in Cadia?
Would love to see a Formation using Crusaders and definitely one with the Archmagos.

>inb4 Cohort Cybernetica with 3 Castellan squads and Archmagos
>>
>>50820037

>Finished college until February
I have awoken.
>>
File: Chekov_is_confused.jpg (18KB, 223x208px) Image search: [Google]
Chekov_is_confused.jpg
18KB, 223x208px
>>50819955
>painting on the sprue
>>
>>50820070
>not assembling with sprue still attached
A rookie mistake.
>>
File: 20160508_004506.jpg (388KB, 1594x897px) Image search: [Google]
20160508_004506.jpg
388KB, 1594x897px
>>50820038
Do you understand how insanely difficult sculpting at that scale is?

I tried it once and this is what I came up with
>>
>>50819996

FW never released the alternate head and standard for Fulgrim. You only have the sword and blowjob face option. Assuming that's the image I'm thinking of I didn't bother to expand it.
>>
>>50820082

The only attached sprue should be parts that will be glued to begin with, like neck ball joints. Why paint if you're just going to have to clip clean file and re-prime/paint anyway?

If it's for ease of holding, you can put them on paperclips or putty them to toothpicks after cleaning.
>>
>>50820103
Anon, I am not that guy and was just making a joke because painting on sprue is just silly.
>>
>>50820110

I'm not that guy either. Fuck that guy and fuck Star Trek.
>>
>>50819354
War Convocation.
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 1500pts.jpg (165KB, 900x915px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 1500pts.jpg
165KB, 900x915px
r8 my list doods.
Very similar to what I have always played, but now has extra rules!
>>
>>50819354
War Convocation if you're fine with using a Knight as well and plan to be competitive, Cohort Mechanicus if you just want a fluffy list with a shitload of models.
>>
>>50819964
Lorgar will appear from nowhere with a huge Demon host as take his rightful place as the leader of the chaos forces
>>
>>50820156
No, Be'lakor will not allow it.
>>
File: 1481612580942s.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1481612580942s.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
Just got my box of Rubric Marines, I wanted to ask people who actually play the game, is the Aspiring Sorcerer optional or mandatory in the squad?
>>
>>50820156
>Lorgar will appear from nowhere
and start worshipping a brick wall
>>
>>50820183
read your codex
>>
>>50820183
>people who acutally play the game
You should check your local store for that.
>>
>>50820183
lorewise he's the one that keeps them from just standing about.
>>
>>50818264
Looks like you we're trying to stat a primarch. It'd stat line is way too good for its cost. The only redeeming feature is its on its own and can't be taken as a unit.
>>
>>50820183

Yep he's mandatory, and he's the reason they're not really too great because he makes them super expensive
>>
Anyone else notice that Deathwatch marines don't get ammo backpacks for their heavy weapon?

Really annoyed only the Overkill frag cannon comes with one.
>>
File: Capture.png (460KB, 648x635px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
460KB, 648x635px
>>50818235
How To Fix Graviton: Rogue Trader Edition

>Grav weapons deal no wounds. Instead, each unsaved "wound" deals a movement penalty of D6" for the rest of the game. The unit must remain in consistency with these models. If a model's movement ever reaches 0, it is pinned to the ground and can take no further actions. Treat these models as casualties. The rest of the unit may continue without them.

Someone else figure out vehicles..
>>
>>50820140
7/7 for fluffiness
Unoptimized though, so I wouldn't play :^)
>>
File: NobodyHereButUsLoyalists.jpg (192KB, 1024x573px) Image search: [Google]
NobodyHereButUsLoyalists.jpg
192KB, 1024x573px
>>50817875
I recently played with a local group of guys i had not met before.

advert said "leave the 12 wraithknight lists at home folks"

I went with a chaos horde army.

The tau player I faced had a riptide wing, a steathwhatevershootsyouinthereararmor, and so many bullshit rules I can't even wrap my head around it.

In short, Tau seems to have no shortage of atleast borderline broken units and very little concept of fairplay.
>>
>>50820194

Thanks, guy.
>>
Newb question here.

Overwatch uses the regular line of sight rules, right? Even for Wall of Death flamers? I'm asking because most of my stuff moves 12" (dark eldar), and in the few games I've played (against friends who have no experience with 40k and I have to explain the rules to, so blind leading the blind here), we use extremely terrain-heavy maps, so I'm pretty sure I can can split attention and outflank units pretty easily.

Also, what the hell is "true line of sight"? Is it still the 90 degree cone it was in previous editions, or is it now a 180 degree "everything before me" view?
>>
>>50819965

Command squad.
>>
>>50819965
You mean an elite choice to go with your Priest?
>>
Is it just me, or it Codex: Chaos Space Marines missing from the OP?
>>
>>50820278
I hate when people do stuff like that. Chaos have very little to combat lists like the one you encountered. I went up against a tau player who brought two Riptides to a 1000 point game. I lost as Necrons, but only because I wasn't expecting that list.

Don't let it bring you down, man. Some people are total dicks. But I find that for every one of them, there are five awesome people to play against.
>>
>>50820292

Yes. If you want to avoid overwatch, keep the entire squad out of LoS except one dude to get LoS to the charge target, then let that one sucker get roasted while the rest of your squad rounds the corner after overwatch. There's a protip for you that most players on /tg/ don't know how to pull off yet say 40k is "easy" and "no tactics".

True LoS is just that. Use a laser pointer from the model's eyes to its target. If you can't see the dot, you don't have LoS. Weapons, tails, fins, wings, etc don't count as LoS, only hulls, vehicle wings, and main bodies.
>>
>>50820292

LoS is 360 and uses the actual models and buildings on the table to determine LoS.
>>
>>50820227
I don't need any optimisation in my list, just something that will play decently and be fluffy as fuck!
>>
>>50820278
>Tau players are faggots

This isn't news, it's common knowledge. People think it's a meme until they experience it in real life, then come on /tg/ to confirm for the 1000th time that Tau players are indeed huge faggots around the globe.
>>
File: Perils of the Warp.jpg (94KB, 634x423px) Image search: [Google]
Perils of the Warp.jpg
94KB, 634x423px
>>50820332
Honestly when I just gave up on winning and went for killing I actully did alright, had brought a small amount of daemons so my seekers were great at pinning down those arsehats... Untill he revealed all those riptwats also had hit and run...

The suportfire thing is the worst. overwatch on 2+ reroll due to markerlights? Flamers for units waaay out of range do WoD when you charge another unit? Are you high?

His defensive argument when I said it didn't seem fair was "it's what they get instead of CC"

As someone who plays to CC alot, All I could think of was just how is that fair when all the other races get buttkiss to cover up their weaknesses.
>>
>>50820278
shoulda charged him turn 1 with world eaters
>>
>>50820292
The 'Wall of Death' special rule don't need a range, or a template or anything. If with try to charge a unit with a template weapon you get auto hits.

TLOS means that there are no height levels. if you can draw a line between any part of a model to another you have TLOS.
(Remember to check from the barrel of a weapon for vehicle models.)
>>
>>50820372

Didn't have Traitor legions yet when we played.

Besides, I play mono Slaanesh, I went with the concept of just bringning what I had fully painted.

My other army idea was Sisters but I've fallen behind a bit on the painting of those.
>>
>>50820345
>>50820349
>Use a laser pointer from the model's eyes to its target
Right, but I'm asking how much variance a model is allowed. For example, the beautiful beakie in pic related is facing forward. What is his line of sight for shooting/overwatch? In the past, it was explicitly defined as 90 degrees (the red). The brown is the maximum that a human can see without turning his head. The blue is 180 degrees.

If I'm charging this beakie and don't want to eat overwatch, do I need to come from outside the red cone? The brown? The blue?
>>
File: Capture.png (9KB, 1006x497px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
9KB, 1006x497px
>>50820421
>>50820345
>>50820349
herp derp
>>
Hey /tg/

I've played SM battle company for a while now and I'm bored with it. It doesn't feel like playing marines. What kind of marine lists I should try. Competitive point of view as my meta has quite a lot of tournaments.

For casual games I got my Tau.
>>
>>50820425
>It doesn't feel like playing marines.
wut
>>
>>50820421

The line of sight is 360 vertical and horizontal. The only thing that prevents him from shooting is a physical object such as a wall with zero windows or holes between him and the target.

Only vehicles use the old degree cone. Infantry is literally 360/infinite range of motion. Imagine all infantry are spinning constantly forever.
>>
>>50820215
The Sorcerers are actually relatively cheap for what they get. It's the base costs of the Thousand Sons themselves (including the Sorcerer in that as it'd use the TS cost as a baseline) that are overpriced. They'd need to be below 20 pts to be worthwhile and even then people would complain about them being too niche
>>
>>50820458

Marines should be a goddamn elite force. BC is like playing horde army.
>>
>>50820421
>If I'm charging this beakie and don't want to eat overwatch, do I need to come from outside the red cone? The brown? The blue?

You need to be straight up behind a solid object. However you can't charge what you don't have line of sight to, so sacrifice one model by having him be in line of sight to eat up overwatch. If you can draw a line to the target, you have LoS. There is no maximum field of view.
>>
>>50820471

The most elite feeling marine lists are bike spam or 1x6 or 2x3 centurions + 2 librarian HQs + 2x5 scouts and then 3-5 librarius conclave.
>>
>>50820471
first company taskforce
>>
File: Come at me, Loyalists!.jpg (155KB, 938x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Come at me, Loyalists!.jpg
155KB, 938x1024px
Who's your favourite of the 4 chaos gods /tg/? Why?
>>
>>50820468
Aspiring Sorcerer is a useless waste of points. He will never cast because he will usually have nothing worthwhile AND he's signicantly less efficient than a caster with a familiar.
>>
>>50820332
assault termies in land raiders with dirge casters

never leave home without them
>>
>>50820498
He said competitive. Tyrannic War Veterans might be competitive unless Skies of Death killed the Stormtalon.
>>
File: Cowards.png (116KB, 597x476px) Image search: [Google]
Cowards.png
116KB, 597x476px
>>50820467
>>50820475
So if I charge a model from directly behind him, he still gets overwatch? Facing direction doesn't matter at all anymore? wut.

I'm a little booty bothered by this. I might as well be using tokens for infantry then. It's like, what's the point of putting all this detail into a model and talking about "true line of sight from the model's perspective" if someone can just have all his guys walking backwards and never shoot at what he's facing?

I get what you're trying to say though. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I think it's silly, but that won't change what it is.

This is so damn jarring. We are all coming from Space Hulk board game, and it was like, "Alright, time for the full, unabridged rules!" only to find overwatch always happens forever and facing direction, which was absolutely critical, has no place here.
>>
>>50820225
Goodbye assault, it was nice meeting you
>>
>>50820535
I feel like this is some sort of meme, but what does Tau actually have in their arsenal to crack AV14 with?
>>
>>50820539
>mfw moonwalking would be a valid tactic

I'm okay with this.
>>
>>50820536
then take skyfaggot with grav + 1st company sternguard in pods
>>
>>50820557
fusion is just melta but better
>>
>>50820569

Inb4 Skyhammer doesn't feel like marines because DoW didn't have actual steel rain.
>>
>>50820557

Tau literally have melta in every single slot on every single common unit. Like, take a space marine list, and replace bolters with melta guns. They have SoB level melta. Why do you never see it? Because Tau are so fucking OP they can just dick around with missile launchers and plasma.
>>
>>50820529
First one Tzeentch, because his schemes, magic and sorceries, and being the patron god of my favourite legion, the Thousand Sons. (Even if he trciked them badly forcing them to actually be dedicated to him). He's also the representativo of hope and change, and I consider both of great importance in one's life.

Second but close, Khorne because I really like blood and all his "honour" thing even if the last one is usually forgotten even in the offcial fluff. I also find humorous how mad the World Eaters are and the pretty fun guy to be around are.

Third I would say nurgle, but just because I think a high-level painted nurgle mini is just amazing to look at, as incredible as repulsing with all the rotting, ill and pustules effects. But I don't enjoy his fluff as much as the other two, that's mainly why he's in third position for me.

And last, Slaanesh. I don't really enjoy him/her/it but mainly because I consider the writers haven't put as much effeort on him/her/it as in the others. The whole concept of being egoistical and only seeking selfenjoyment is interesting though.
>>
I have a Valk incoming because I love the model.

The thing is I play SoB with Inqusition. Is there a way to add a Valkyrie and actually help?

My usual set up is 2x flamer squads in Immolaror or Repressor if I have the points to make a full squad. 2 melts dominions in Immolators. Add heavy Bolter retribution and Immolator at taste along with exorcist.

After that Psy bolt chimeras with psykers (now need a formation for that thanks GW) with Seraphim for fun.

Suggestion beside muh factions.
>>
A little off-topic maybe, but I'm looking for the 'Siege of Vraks' update to the latest edition of 40k. It's basically a compendium of the three original releases also.

I've tried to my best to find a copy but I think it's just niche enough to be overlooked by most pdf accumulating 40k hobbyists.

I've also posted this over at the pdf general...

Getting pretty desperate. If anyone has seen it/has it if you could point a gent in the right direction that'd be grand. Cheers!
>>
I just assembled my Barracuda ax-5-2
How should I run it?
Is it worth taking seeker missiles?
>>
>>50818428
Agree, tg has gone to shit
>>
>>50820599
Doesn't that mean that if you bring a bunch of land raiders against a typical tau list, they won't have the fusion to stop you?
>>
Anywhere I can read white dwarf online?
>>
>>50818653
Necrons used to have something like that and it wasnt that terrible.
>>
>>50820620

FW literally built holes for magnets right into the model. You should magnetize it.
>>
>>50820629

We didn't have generals back then. Even /vg/ started out with actual discussion until turning into the cesspool of namefag off-topic gossip circlejerking it is now. Literally 99% of /vg/ posts either get zero responses or are people talking to each other about posters and not the game. It's literally worthless as a board for its intended purpose.
>>
>>50820619
It's in the second PDF link in the OP, you haven't been looking very hard.

In almost related news, I emailed Forge World the other day about whether DKoK allies with Mechanicus as CtA like their ally chart says, and they said that for factions not on the chart, assume they ally as Astra Militarum.

So for any DKoK players or maybe players with just a few DKoK models out there, you can play with the rest of the Imperium just fine.
>>
>>50820637
depends on their list.
>>50820629
/tg/ has always been shit, its just gotten worse since the reddit cucks started coming here because of shit memes on 1dfaggotchan
>>
File: uhh_boss__by_darkcloak-d4w3ib8.png (280KB, 450x375px) Image search: [Google]
uhh_boss__by_darkcloak-d4w3ib8.png
280KB, 450x375px
Battlebros iam real fucking concerned about the new Spacehulk vidya.
I have at the moment a crap PC but will get a good one within a week or so. So when i saw space hulk deathwing was in some bundle i bought it.
I cant even start it with this Pc, so i wait patiently like a good little school girl until i get the new Pc to play it.

Now i heard it is utterly shit like almost every warhammer game that recently came out.

Tell me cold fron how bad is it?

I just want a WH40k FPS.
>>
>>50820670
The gameplay itself is solid.

The problem is that it's poorly optimized and crashes often.
>>
>>50820637

Riptide will just smash or shoot it with its non-fusion gun that can hurt AV14. Think they have to overcharge it to get high S thoug. Stormsurges also smash and have D missle
>>
>>50820278
This is why I never use my tau army any more, I don't want to get grouped with those assholes.
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 1500pts.jpg (434KB, 900x2401px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 1500pts.jpg
434KB, 900x2401px
Extra company command squad is for Cadian Battle Group Formation. Each inquisitor would go in a 50 man blob.
>>
>>50820670
It nails the universe and is actually a pretty cool game.

The performance can be pretty shaky, though. It runs great on my machine but poorfags with shitty computers have trouble running it.

The most recent update fixed a lot of the bullshit crashes.
>>
>>50820670

If you are building a new gaming PC, even at the cheapest with OEM parts and building it yourself and using salvaged parts like the case and HDD, it will still cost you at least $500-750 for a good system.

If you're truly buying a gaming PC, wasting what $60 on Space Hulk shouldn't be an issue. It's money already spent anyway, in addition to being a drop in the bucket. Protip: Don't buy a 1080 if you don't have a crazy monitor and are planning on doing crazy resolutions and refresh rates. 1070 is good enough for maxing any game on 1920x1080 at 60 FPS/Hz.
>>
>>50820529
Nurgle. He is a pretty cool guy and his love is the gift that just keeps giving. And his followers have some of the greatest looking minis from all the Chaos ranges, basically everything but the old GUO oozes awesomeness.
>>
>>50820689
Also, wanted to ask, what do people think about ccw & las pistol vs lasgun for guard blobs
>>
>>50820649
I did, I was asking for in game
>>
>>50820688

You are a good person and I am sorry that GW's incompetence and Taufags' faggotry has forced you to shelf your army. Take solace in the fact that though you may have been a Tau player before, you have been honorarily promoted to Not-A-Taufag to everyone else.

Eldar players have also been shelving their army and have this problem, although the Eldar playerbase isn't as large or WAAC as the Tau one. Still get the occasional Eldarfag who tries to argue Eldar "aren't even OP" if you avoid WKs and scatterbikes.
>>
>>50820637
>>50820681
some of the hyper competitive tau lists do have a weakness to av14 2bh. the lists where they drop all markerlight support and just run like 4-5 riptides with burst cannons + 1-2 stormsurges would have a hard time opening up an av14 wall without just smashing it
>>
>>50820698
always use lasguns. the pistol is fine but honestly Guardsmen are second only to Tau in terms of how bad they are at melee combat.

if you were running the bullshit forgeworld Krieg melta drill with attached engineers and gas grenades, sure it could be good, but a typical guardsman is going to get fucked
>>
>>50819565
Shut up, you were so ludicrously overpowered in 5th that you aren't allowed to complain until 9th edition.
>>
>>50820694
I got a buddy who works in a company that builds custom PCs and he we got down to a build that costs 1,6k but he can bring it down to 1k (Don't ask me how) So it should be good enough i hope

>>50820680
>>50820690
But thanks for keeping my hopes up
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 1850pts.jpg (463KB, 900x2651px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 1850pts.jpg
463KB, 900x2651px
>>50820689
wrong one sorry
>>
File: 8c5.jpg (67KB, 600x516px) Image search: [Google]
8c5.jpg
67KB, 600x516px
What legion do you guys play?
http://www.strawpoll.me/11932897
>>
>>50820734

PC parts are cheaper if you buy them straight from the manufacturer without the packaging. You can also cost cut the unnecessary stuff like fancy case or motherboard. The only important parts that will be expensive no matter what are the actual CPU processor and GPU graphics card.
>>
>>50820313
They're Sisters. I don't want some paedo with a nailed stick in my army.
>>
>>50820748
And fucking SSD's bro.
His company sells 3 TB HDD's for a bit over 70 bucks and a 6TB SSD for 3k
I MEAN WHAT THE FUGG?!
>>
File: Capture.png (143KB, 364x390px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
143KB, 364x390px
>>50820735
Don't forget your free warlord traits, anon.

>>50820766
Check your detachment restrictions.
>>
>>50820533
He's not useful as a caster, agreed. He's useful as a Warp Charge battery who has the ability to cast something if the situation arises. For 25pts more than what the Sergeant would be, he gets a Mastery Level (costs 25pts) and a Force Weapon. For Psychic armies to work they need the Warp Charge battery psykers to power their actual caster psykers.

Please be aware that I am not meaning to imply that he is good or worth his points, merely making the case that the issue with TSs is not being forced to take Sorcerers but rather the absurd base cost of the Rubric Marine itself
>>
>>50820776
I don't have the book to hand but sob are minimum 1 hq, 1 elite and 2 troops aren't they? I didn't see anything about mandatory priests.
>>
>>50820774

If you're willing to wait a bit longer on loading screens you can just use a non-SSD. Or just buy a cheaper SSD and only put video games on it while keeping other files and the operating system on a regular cheapo HDD. Used to cost $100 for 100 GB of SSD.
>>
File: Capture.png (118KB, 352x340px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
118KB, 352x340px
>>50820787
Oh, for a task force, yeah. When you said "minimum formation with an elite," I figured you meant this. 12 of these badboys can get you 60 multi-meltas for 1680 pts.
>>
Watching Judge Dredd (1995, is the new one any good?) I wish Arbites had been in IA.

I also wish IA had been good.
>>
>>50820797
I watched the new Dredd first, then the old one. I think the new Dredd is significantly better than the old - but they are pretty different. The first one is very 90's, while the new one is truer to source.
>>
>>50820601
Khorne and honor is a meme, it wasn't really a thing in the past.
>>
>>50820812
>it wasn't really a thing in the past.
There is a source that said Khorne would flat-out kill any of his followers that slew civilians. He considered it an unworthy offering.

Not really "honor," but I can see where the notion came from.
>>
>>50820593

I've played Skyhammer. It was okay, but really loses to Tau shenanigans, unless pods scatter perfectly.

Which actually gives me some ideas. Oh shit, why didn't I think of this earlier. Finally an excuse to use my six scout bikers.
>>
File: file.png (18KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
18KB, 225x225px
>>50820529
>>
>>50819786
Its CAD-only or allowed formations?

If formations are allowed, form those wyverns and manticores into formation.

I'd add commands to this. Add CCS or formation above. If allowed, use Cadian supplement so those CCS get 3 orders instead of 2. Orders are really good, especially those ignore covers stuff for your lascanons.

Swap demolisher to something more useful like Plasma tank, as you got pask warlord.
>>
>>50819965

Dude, you can literally just take an ally formation. Only the Ministorum Delegation requires a priest, and that's literally only a Priest + Elite.

Otherwise, you get CAD, Ally Detachment, and the new Vestal Task Force, which is a CAD with a mandatory elite and traded ObSec troops for army wide armor rerolls of 1 once a game.
>>
>>50820920
Yeah. I'm planning on taking Vestal Force as allies for muh skitarii. Or maybe I'll do it the other way around. Or, I may just see if I can scrounge up a warband and have an Inquisitor in charge of everything.
>>
>>50820940

Honestly, CAD is better. We got a much better elite now with command squads, but rerolling 1s on saves once a game isn't worth trading ObSec troops.
>>
>>50820797
The new one is one of the best action movies of the 2010's.
>>
>>50820818
It's only one small paragraph from a sidegame, not actual 40k. Even then it was an odd claim.
>>
>>50820785
>for 25 points over the ten points over the overpriced grunt
He ain't worth it. Just dropping him from the unit would be an improvement.
>>
>>50820977
Just dropping the unit from the army would be an improvement
>>
File: Capture.png (169KB, 380x345px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
169KB, 380x345px
>0-1 Crusaders (pg 67)
Is that supposed to be "unit of Crusaders, as found on page 67" or "one crusader model, see page 67 for its stats" like the Canoptek Harvest spyder?
>>
>>50821029
Unit
>>
>>50821029
Read the bit you posted. It refers to them directly as units.
>>
>>50821029
Model
>>
>>50820971

I thought it was oldfluff from like the original WHFB, never 40kannon at all. Not sure about that though.

Although, there is the Blood Pact in the Gaunt's Ghosts, they aren't exactly "honorable khornates" but they aren't Kharn-level KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL all day every day, either.

Now, I think Khorne *should* have martial virtues but I recognize that this is just my skulgun.
>>
>>50821085
>A model is not a unit
Only "Unit" in that formation is the Unit of Acolytes. The rest are "specialists" getting added to it
>>
>>50821029
Unit anyone that says otherwise is mentally retarded.

Why? Because you can buy a single spider own its own. You can't buy a single DCA the thing is 2 models minimum.
>>
>>50821029
It is units. If they can ride the Valkyrie from the Acolyte squad from the start is another question. Thanks to idiotic faction rules not address in the codex.
>>
>>50821121
Don't forget the oddly specific "sororitas rhino," as well as grey knight land raiders.
>>
>>50821098
>These units must form a single unit

Did you fucking read it?
>>
File: Capture.png (155KB, 367x338px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
155KB, 367x338px
>>50821176
You know what's funny?

This.
>>
>>50821185
Are you implying that we should pay 30 points to add a single DCA?

At that point just use an Inquisitor from IA for the warlord bonus and the non mentally retarded Acolyte Squad from Codex Inquisition

Or be an ass and abuse the faction rules and use old Acolyte squad in the new formation because fuck it funny
>>
So now DG are op broke ass shit, should players handicap themselves by only taking plaguemarines and no marked "tactical" Csm?
>>
>>50821217
>Are you implying
I'm not implying anything. I'm showing a separate formation in the same codex that absolutely makes sure it specifies "unit" like every formation has since their inception, yet in its Restrictions, makes no effort to say "These units must form a single unit" like Inquisition one does.

I'm showcasing gee-dub's ridiculous lack of consistency.

As for the rest of your post, while you can use an Inquisitorial Henchmen unit in the new Inquisitorial Representative Detachment, you cannot use the Inquisitorial Henchmen unit in place of "Unit of Acolytes" in the Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband.
>>
>>50821266
Is there even an advantage to plague marines now that marked marines get free FNP and Fearless?
>>
>>50821281

oh wait no, just poisoned melee and blight grenades
>>
File: 1472890770776.jpg (80KB, 569x807px) Image search: [Google]
1472890770776.jpg
80KB, 569x807px
>>50820796
>All units from this detachment have the shield of faith special rule

Which the sisters already have by virtue of being sisters.

And the priest already have a 4++ from wargear.

Why the piss would you not just take a sister allied detachment and get obsec instead of whatever that is is beyond me.
>>
>>50821270
I'm not even sure if I can't anymore.

But as the last GW stream shown they feel like people play the game making pew pew pew sounds.

LUL ZO RANDUM why I love the game comment really show how not a single fuck they give about their products or consumers.
>>
>>50821300
Maybe if you want to run the Plague Colony, but that's still a lot of points.

It's better to thing of regular marines in a DG army as Plague Marines, with the Plague Marine entry representing the same unit being loaned to non-DG forces.
>>
>JANUARY IS TZEENTCH
>NOT PLASTIC SISTERS
>B T F O B T F O B T F O
>>
>>50821286
>>50821300
There we go. You made me double check, ass. Haha.

Marked marines still get heavy weapons though, with free ( f r e e ) Relentless.
>>
>>50821316
Yeah, PM only really earn their keep vs bigger enemies or one reliant on charges.
>>
>>50821311
Because you can get Flagelants with a 6++ total value! Or add Jacob make him your warlord and give the arco faggots a 5++ totally cool guys.

The SoB detachment is so insulting bad that even orks feel sad
>>
>>50821311
Because at the low, low cost of 25 pt tax, you can stack Sororitas Command Squads without cannonesses. Meaning 5 celestians with 5 heavy weapons.

Multi-meltas, anon. GW listened and gave us a bone. A hot, melty bone.
>>
>>50817895
1/2 to hit
1/12 to hit and to wound, assuming T5-6
1/24 to hit, to wound, and for them to fail their jink save if for whatever reason they're jinking against lasguns
>>
>>50821353
Rerolling jink saves, anon.
>>
>>50821365
then it's 1/48
>>
>>50821339
Or MM + Combi-Plasma inside an Immolator.

Celestian Command Squad still can dual wield heavy/special + armory stuff
>>
>>50821375
I'm not the 1/78 guy, but come on, you have to see the complaint here.
>>
>>50820736
this is a shitty poll

why I can't I vote for death guard, 1k sons and word bearers, those are what I play

I guess also technically world eaters
>>
>>50821311
It also grants adamantium will, but the main point of that detachment is to just add a priest, and maybe his entourage. The sisters detachment for taking an actual army of sisters was the vestal taks force, and rerolling all saves for one turn isn't too bad, it's not going to bring them up to Eldar levels or anything but it's a nice buff.
>>
>>50821420
Missing Objective Secure in a MSU army makes them pretty much useless. Is like asking to lose
>>
File: Capture.png (163KB, 402x332px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
163KB, 402x332px
>Deathguard The Lost and the Damned formation + Poxwalker Hive
I didn't know being a heretic could feel this good. This must be how necrons feel.
>>
>>50821431
>MSU army
The requirement of Elite makes it pretty apparent the detachment is meant to support another army, not be run as MSU.
>>
>>50821454
You could also take Typhus as your Chaos Lord in the Warband, gets you a similar result except you don't need to buy a relic or use it on each cultist group individually.

It's a little worse overall but it requires less set-up.
>>
>>50821454

>That jumbled text

Use Readium.
>>
>Can't decide on an compressor to go with my new airbrush
JUST
>>
Can a footslogging IG Veteran army work at all?
>>
>>50821463
The Vastal task force?
The one that asks for a HQ, 2 Troops and 1 Elite?

That point get a second CAD
>>
>>50821466
Oh, I didn't notice the "no shooting attacks" part of it. So yeah, the main difference is the D3 models per unit returned and having 2 CCW attacks once plagued and some shooting before it.

Oh well. Still going to be a fun meatwall for my obliterators.

>>50821513
I do. I use both. EpubFileReader is just easier when I want to check something quickly.
>>
>>50821536
At that point. Why I'm eating words lately
>>
>>50821536
I thought you were the one complaining about Shield of Faith in Ministorum Delegation. Disregard me.
>>
File: Children of Dragon v3.1.jpg (206KB, 900x753px) Image search: [Google]
Children of Dragon v3.1.jpg
206KB, 900x753px
Okay Chaos List Pest back. I got feedback saying I should be running my lord on a bike or steed and putting a squad that was clearly supposed to be charging in a rhino was tactically stupid.

So I made V3 of the list, swapped the Chosen for terminators. And something surprising happened.
>>
>>50821533
not really. why would you footslog veterans? if you want to footslog do blobs
>>
>>50821552
Well SoB already have adamntium will, but yah the priest one is more useful to ally up.

The Vastal? What the fuck it is even the point of it. If it allow to re-roll 1 during the entire game. That would be worth loosing the Objective Secure. Even then I'm not sure
>>
>>50821570

Because I don't want to have to blob up. Just pushing around a brick of 40 models just seems dull.
>>
>>50821586
run the vets in chimeras. on foot theyll just get shot to death
>>
Anyone have the StrikeForce info graphic?
>>
>>50821557
Half of your units lack Mark of Slaanesh, you have no anti-vehicle options and your equipment generally seems to be just lolrandom.
>>
Build a competitive fluff-friendly Black Templar list.

I fucking dare you.
>>
>>50821629

>competitive
>fluff-friendly
>Black Templars

Pick 2.
>>
>>50818455
Phantasmancy
>>
>>50821629
I can do it in 4th or was it 5th that still let you to consolidate into another unit?

20 men crusader squads moving faster after a casualty and sling shoting around the enemy line was rather good
>>
>>50817825

>>50821750
>>50821750
>>50821750
>>
>>50821629
3x skyhammers with max size units, all grav. fluffy because muh assault squads
>>
File: tumblr_obgh3j9sjL1u434rqo5_1280.jpg (392KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obgh3j9sjL1u434rqo5_1280.jpg
392KB, 960x1280px
>>50820092

Try it more than once. The first step to being kind of good at something is being sucky at it but still doing it anyway until you have what you want.

My advice is to look up anatomy charts and try to reduce to the face to as simple shapes as possible for a basic structure, and then working out the rest of the details bit by bit until you have what you need.

It's how I made this one.
>>
>>50821781
Black Templars have neither regular Assault Marines nor Devastator Squads. Their Devastators are rolled into Crusader squads' heavy weapon guys and the only Templars using Jump Packs are Sword Brethren leading a charge, which Vanguard Veterans are probably the closest we have these days.
>>
>>50821844
they retconned all that
>>
>>50820384
>TLOS means that there are no height levels.

how... how do you play then?
>>
>>50821581

What if I've only got 2 troops choices, will ObjSec make that much difference?
>>
File: 50529507.jpg (1MB, 1926x1703px) Image search: [Google]
50529507.jpg
1MB, 1926x1703px
>>50820529
Slaanesh because ass n tits
>>
So, i've been wanting to get back to 40k with some strict restrictions on game play.
-plain CAD, no LoW (meta i play ignores all formations and LoW dickery)

and i've been having hard ons for the crazy templars.
I wanted to go CC heavy, and do some epic crusading.
Any recommendations on where to start?
I'll be mixing it up with heresy a bit (MK4 marines with crusade upgrade parts etc)
any ideas for alternative models to neophytes?

I'm thinking:
start with 2x15 squads in LR Crusaders, CC specialised. and that's already like shit tonne of pts,
add in some cool vehicles and Assault marines?
Thread posts: 424
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.