[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 379
Thread images: 51

File: General.jpg (332KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
General.jpg
332KB, 1024x768px
Belisarius Cawl edition

>>50794075 previous thread

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Eldar poetry is shit):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
>>
File: Belisarius Cawl.jpg (85KB, 768x695px) Image search: [Google]
Belisarius Cawl.jpg
85KB, 768x695px
Thoughts?
>>
File: embracetranquilizers.jpg (121KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
embracetranquilizers.jpg
121KB, 960x960px
>>50798523

>>50797534
>>
Best Legion coming through.
>>
>>50798551
Im getting it. And I'll lose my goddamn mind painting him. Goodbye at least a full weekend.
>>
I was thinking of getting into Black Templars, regardless of their rules. Is it worth it?
>>
>>50798846
Also, can you use Contemptor Dreadknoughts with Black Templars in 40k? I was thinking about getting the Betrayal at Calth
>>
>>50798643

I'm buying the female Inquisitor and I don't even play that army.
>>
>>50798881
Yes, all of Codex Space Marines can use them and other heresy era stuff but not Chaos!
>>
>>50799087
Oh damn, that's awesome. I love the design of Black Templars and it's really got me buzzed about em'.
>>
>>50799087
>>50799112
IA:13 has heresy era stuff for chaos including sicarans fellblades and contemptor dreds.
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 1500pts.jpg (220KB, 900x1010px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 1500pts.jpg
220KB, 900x1010px
Loving the traitor legions book. thanks to blood mad rule I don't need transports anymore!
>>
File: 1468371236450 (1).jpg (15KB, 220x230px) Image search: [Google]
1468371236450 (1).jpg
15KB, 220x230px
>>50798551
Too much going on but If I buy it, I will be able to convert like 8 guardsmen to servators with the bits I take off of that guy.
>>
File: weaveralienbusters-pic.jpg (101KB, 656x567px) Image search: [Google]
weaveralienbusters-pic.jpg
101KB, 656x567px
So we're all in agreement that Leak anon is a GW, employee, right? The framing images very hard to not reveal any text/product details proves this. Those leaked images are all part of GW's new marketing strategy. And that the WD leaks were designed to generate a balloon of hype right up to a very-planned-and-prepared paid GW twitch stream?

Because I refuse to believe that GW was just prepared for leaks, or that all that crap was coincidentally going to go up that day anyway.
>>
>>50800233

Makes sense.
>>
How's my KdK list?

1500 Khorne Daemonkin

HQ
-Daemon Prince, 160
+Daemonic Flight, 40
+Warp-forged Armor, 20
+Goredrinker, 30
+Collar of Khorne, 15
+Combat Familiar, 5
Total, 270

Troops
-2xChaos Space Marines, 130
+2 marines, 30
+9xCCW, 18
+Power Sword, 15
+2xMelta gun, 20
+Icon of Wrath, 20
Total, 233 (466)

Dedicated Transports
-2xChaos Rhinos, 35
+Dozer Blade, 5
+Havoc Launchers, 12
Total, 52 (104)

Fast Attack
-3xFlesh Hounds, 240

Heavy Support
-3xMaulerfiend, 390
+Lasher Tendrils, 30
Total, 420

Complete total, 1500
>>
>>50799069
I'm buying it just to paint. Gonna give her black armour like Adrastia. Hell yeah.
>>
>>50800233
>it's GW because they don't photograph the text

You're fucking retarded, and need to stop spamming this. I don't walk around with a fucking digital camera. Like normal people, I use my phone. My phone's camera, while in the megapixel resolution, is not the clearest motherfucker in the world. If I'm trying to take a clandestine photo of a book, I'm not going to stand there for 10 seconds trying to get the focus right. You know what's easier? MOVING THE FUCKING PHONE CLOSER AND ONLY PHOTOGRAPHING WHAT YOU NEED TO. I.e. not photographing stupid blurry text you won't be able to read anyway and centering the display on the model photo which is what's important.

Many leaks do have WD text so you're retarded, and some recent ones have even been in Spanish. So unless you think GW has a secret Mexican leak team, fuck off.
>>
>>50798551
WAYYY tooo busy. But I'm impressed. It looks like a bonafide Blanche painting jumped out of the page. I'm liking that they're paying more attention to his art. I just wish that nowadays they wouldn't hesitate letting the new imcumbent artists go wild and paint whatever the fuck they wanted instead of strictly the minis available now.
>>
Three chaos terminators with 2 sets of claws, a fist with a combi plas/melta, plus a termie sorcerer and a termie lord inside a Dread Claw.

How bad would that actually be?
>>
/tg/ I desperately need your help

What is the name of the Imperial Guard regiment that has the style of US colonial militias?
>>
>>50801091

Dreadclaw lands on terrain, mishaps and 500 pts goes into the trash.

Not that you needed those 500 pts.
>>
>>50801250

So I don't put it bright next to terrain because it can turbo boost?
>>
>>50801250
I guess he can use an assault claw for inertial guidance? It's so worth 160 pts and some extra guns.
>>
>>50798523

So I'm about to invest some time into making some conscript platoons for my IG, but I don't just want to use the usual infantry models. I feel like conscripts should look more ragtag, cobbled together than infantry do.

The models that came to mind first are chaos cultists, with some minor work to get rid of the chaos symbols. The problem is that there are only like 4 rifle-toting cultist models.

Can 40kgen think of any other models that might fit the bill? Bonus points for gasmasks, since it's for a steel legion army.
>>
File: Sunspear_1850.png (105KB, 676x2225px) Image search: [Google]
Sunspear_1850.png
105KB, 676x2225px
Already planning on retooling the bodyguards to a more focused tank hunting kit.
>>
>>50801292
It might immobilize itself on terrain yes but it wont crash&burn since it enters play via hover-mode.
>>
Hi All, I am looking for some alternative models for some cult look dudes. Dose any one have any good ideas.
>>
File: xbox380.jpg (318KB, 1659x1357px) Image search: [Google]
xbox380.jpg
318KB, 1659x1357px
>>50798551
>>
>>50801501
genestealer cultists with a headswap.
whfb empire stuff
necromunda models, if you swim in money
other then that, 3rd party
>>
How could Sorcerers be differentiated from Librarians through crunch. Their fluff is quite different, but they share most of disciplines with eachother. Could giving them access to more types of familiars or tomes help or is no such thing needed. I also considered if making the way they generate their psychic powers different would be a good idea. Like one of the two buying and the other generating randomly. One benefitting from constant effects while the other only has any benefit from his powers after expending warp charges.
>>
>>50801220
Mordian iron guard?
>>
File: fuckyourwall.jpg (179KB, 891x606px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyourwall.jpg
179KB, 891x606px
>>50800803
>So unless you think GW has a secret Mexican leak team, fuck off.

I do...now.
>>
>>50801818
Orkz being Mexicans does make a lot of sense. My mom has a lot of certified nursing assistants come and go and they often are Mexican. They talk to me and tell me seriously weird religious and supernatural things they believe in. One told me a story about how her uncle was using witchcraft and dark arts to curse the family. As she went on, she talked about how he would fill ziploc baggies with spell items and throw them at the family's houses, or at the people, or would hide them in their cars. They all believed it too. Anything bad that happened, they would attribute to the cursed baggies. Their belief brought the curses to life.
>>
>>50798551
ugly fucking model

way too much fiddly shit
>>
>>50798551
I love it, it looks like something straigth out of Berserk. Also, unlike Necrons which is started out as a minimalist army and then had a slew of overdesigned models released, this thing with its 10+ limbs fits with an army that was already heavy on detail. It looks pretty fucking horrifying. I can just imagine it slithering through a corridor chasing an acolyte who went where he shouldn't have.
>>
>>50799314
>Heavy stubber on the Cultists
>Possessed over Chosen
>Not having pistol/ccw on the CSM
>Only a single melta on the Raptors while the Champion has 2 Lightning claws
>No special weapons on the bikers with that odd gift of mutation on the Champion

That said, have the Melta bombs been effective for you?
>>
Pretty sure imperial agents will get a FAQ rather quickly, with the current writing the Inquisitional warband can have up to 86 models. With 30 2+ armor saves, 4 warp charges, rending on all shooting, rerolls in close combat, fearless, stubborn, and power weapons and invuln saves out the wazoo
>>
>>50802062
I can't wait to ally that into my Guard army.

Also, unrelated, but can you target blasts at the back of a unit before you assault so you don't kill the models closest to you? So you don't accidentally kill too many to a point where you can't charge.
>>
File: IMG_20161220_153154.jpg (235KB, 720x991px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161220_153154.jpg
235KB, 720x991px
>>50802062

Not to mention unusable rules, riderless Valks, and the age of question of dedicated transports with pic related
>>
>>50802077
Only is the blast has ordinance, otherwise it's still pulling from closest models.

>>50802081
I thought 7th Ed added battle brothers being able to use each other's transports.
>>
>>50802115

They can use them but not start in them
>>
Can a Space Wolves Venerable Dreadnought that has replaced its weapons with the Axe and Shield still replace the storm bolter with a heavy flamer?
>>
In the Inquisitional Henchmen Warband it says 0-1 Arcos and 0-1 Crusaders. Does that mean 1 unit? Or 1 model?

Also since Acolytes can take Land Raiders as a dedicated transport, does that mean the Warband can ride in them at the start?
>>
What dedicated transports can Inquisitors take?
>>
Reading the 2nd novel from the Horus Heresy series at the moment and I have one question:

Why did Emps let the Chaos gods steal the primarchs? The scene seems to imply that he was clearly in the geno-vault when it happened and could have prevented it but for some reason didn't. Did I miss some explanation or was it all just a ruse from Chaos and he was never really there?

Also I think it is pretty cleverly done how you start the first novel despising Horus and then slowly grow fond of him and feel sorry because he tries so hard. And then in the second novel you have the exact reverse development, where you start out liking him and then lose all sympathy when you realize that he was never corrupted or tricked by Chaos but willingly gave in.

And Magnus is a bro. Poor guy.
>>
File: Final DE 1000 pts.jpg (132KB, 900x941px) Image search: [Google]
Final DE 1000 pts.jpg
132KB, 900x941px
How's my DE list look?

Archon goes with Grotesques and charges whatever looks threatening. Everyone else shoots shit or runs up and stabs shit/screens more important shit (Reavers)
>>
>>50802173
The way I'm reading it is that it's a unit, specially since crusaders, deathcult, and arco all start with 2 models when purchased.

Good point on the acolyte dedicated transport. I would think if the fit the sit.
>>
File: the ride is starting.jpg (192KB, 553x936px) Image search: [Google]
the ride is starting.jpg
192KB, 553x936px
>>50798551

>mfw trying to paint this fucking thing
>>
>tfw I medically need to start an Ad Mech army now

>already have 2 armies on the go
>>
>>50802170
anyone know?
>>
What do you guys think of my harlquin/coven list?

Harlequin masque

Elites (275pts)
Shadowseer-Mastery Level 2 The Laughing God's Eye
Shadowseer-Mastery Level 2
Shadowseer-Mastery Level 2

Troops (475pts)
5x players with Harlequin's caress, starweaver
5x players with Harlequin's caress
5x players with Harlequin's caress

Fast Attack (140pts)
2x Starweavers

Heavy Support (80pts)
Voidweavers-Prismatic cannon

Coven Formations:

Formation: Dark Artisan (340pts)
Cronos-Spirit Probe
Haemonculus-Scissorhand, Sindriq's Sump
Talos-Chain-Flails

Formation: Grotesquerie (440pts)
3x grotesques in a Raider
3x grotesques in a Raider with Aethersails

Haemonculus-Scissorhand, Webway portal

So this is an extremely close combat oriented army with psychic powers. The dark artisan Haemonculus is my warlord being really tough unit to kill and hopefully draws so fire from the rest of my more paper thin army, T7 sv 3+ FNP 4+ reroll 1's. The grotesques in the raider with the aether sails get a shadowseer who takes veil of tears and psychic shriek. They can flat out into the enemy's flank. The other raider with the grotesques get the Haemonculus with webway portal and 2 shadowseers. They drop in and give everything in 12" -3 ld (possibly -4 if warlord unite is nearby) This makes for extremely powerful psychic shrieks. The grotesques and shadowseer get out of the raider while the Haemonculus and shadowseer with masque go around shrieking as long as they can. The harlequin troupes are all purpose bad-asses, if they can get into combat that is.

Being low on shooting means I am at a disadvantage against real standoffish castled-up armies. I don't have any really good objective capturing unit like jetbikes that can shoot to an objective to pick up points. I also lack anti-tank, other than caresses in close combat and have no way of hurting flying vehicles. (luckily vehicles are on the decline) My army is really good at handling elite forces by will struggle against hordes of enemies.
>>
>>50802341

I may have been too drunk to add correctly but is this 1750 instead of 1850?

Anyway I like the idea but ignores cover S6+ armies will blow you the fuck out. Good idea though. You don't quite have enough MSU for it to work imo. I guess the only unit you could split up is the 2 Starweavers.

tl;dr if I dind't add it up wrong then add a fast obsec unit or two if you can, and you'll be fine. maybe drop a Shadowseer.
>>
>>50802372
What is MSU? Is that like Minimum Squad Units
>>
>>50802386

Multiple small units

Basically you have about 10 units at most, so there are not quite enough units to overwhelm enemy shooting imo.
>>
>>50802386
Multiple small units, usually minimum size but sometimes with an extra head or two. The idea is to lower your opponent's efficiency by causing him to divert firepower and overkill squads
>>
>>50802398
>>50802393
Thanks. I figured it was something like that based on context. I see a lot of that in competitive lists.
>>
>>50802372
Yeah it is 1750. I never understood why people play 1850 (other than it is tournament standard for some reason. Probably because some that guy couldn't fit everything in at 1750)

The troupes are all in starweavers, you need two fast attack units so I put the starweavers under fast attack. S6 will be a problem, I know. Though the grotesques and dark artisan are surprisingly tanky. I might drop the dark artisan for a dark eldar CAD with reavers and scourge.
>>
>>50802424

Dark artisan is pretty great in my experience, but I don't know that much about Harlies. I would drop one shadowseer but I honestly don't know anything about them other than "psyker that can fuck with ld and shooting"
>>
>>50800233
>very-planned-and-prepared paid GW twitch stream?

You wanna know how I know you're wrong?
>>
>>50802180
He was tricked though. Emps probably wasn't there, and they showed him a future where he was forgotten. The future of 40k, where he turned traitor and completely erased from Imperial records.
>>
File: Celestine This Faggot.jpg (190KB, 586x391px) Image search: [Google]
Celestine This Faggot.jpg
190KB, 586x391px
>>50801658
>>
>>50802180
>>50802445
Laurie Goulding says that the Emperor allowed to happen because that was part of the Emperor's deal with the Chaos Gods.

The Emperor gets a portion of their power and knowledge to create the Primarchs but under condition that the Chaos Gods would scatter them to the four winds. The Emperor agreed because what's the worst thing that can happen to literal godlings.
>>
>>50802445
I would argue he wasn't.
Towards the end of the trip to the shrine world the narrator states that Horus realizes that it wasn't actually disgust he felt at the spectacle but envy, and that he wanted the same adoration for himself.
Then later on he tells Erebus to get fucked and that he knows it's all a ruse and he cannot take any of it as fact.

Yet, even though he knows Erebus was telling him lies, he still decides to pick Chaos. Imo that's because of what he realized on the shrine world and he reasoned that the only way he could ever get that attention was if he replaced Emps.
>>
>>50802170
They don't have a storm bolter.
>>
>>50802081
What about the acolyte warband formations? If they can use transport from the start. This could be the only way to have mixed bag of tacticool operators operating when dropping from a valk
>>
>>50802465
Huh, didn't know that. Is that part of any novel or did he just state it somewhere?
>>
>>50802465
>Laurie Goulding says
Stopped there tbqhwyfamalam.
>>
>>50802465
>emps didn't see the trap coming
that was not very clever then
>>
File: What's the plan.png (69KB, 531x661px) Image search: [Google]
What's the plan.png
69KB, 531x661px
>>50802481
He posted it on his forum. You can take it with whatever grain of salt you want.
>>
>>50802501
>On a personal opinion level, I don't see how anyone can say the Emperor made bad decisions.

What a way to start your post.

Thanks Anon
>>
>>50802501
2/10. Less retarded then AoS but still...
>>
>>50802501
So how different would this be if Emps had allowed Lorgar to worship him?
>>
>>50802544
Nothing since Erebus and Kor Phaeron would still be around corrupting stuff.
>>
>>50802501
not the worst rationalization, just completely falls apart when you consider that Emps hesitated to kill Horus
>>
>>50802569
True, but all that would happen are Chaos uprisings on worlds, not full scale Space Marine rebellion.
>>
>>50802544
or if Emps had told Magnus what he was doing, considering Magnus was the one Primarch who could ruin his plans.
>>
>>50802569
were those guys corrupted before Lorgar?
>>
>>50802583
Kor Phaeron had been seeding Chaos cults on all the worlds they conquered.
>>
>>50802583
Yup, worshipping chaos since day naught.
>>
>>50802570
Actually, Laurie Goulding says that William King's story where the Emperor hesitates about killing Horus will get retconned. Alan Merret and him wanted to get rid of it for the longest time.

So the HH version would be different since the Emperor doesn't really actually truthfully love the Primarchs.
>>
Is it wrong that I want to snuggle with the new Celestine?
>>
File: Emperor laurie.png (116KB, 1284x580px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor laurie.png
116KB, 1284x580px
>>50802602
Found it.
>>
>>50802495

I bet you complain about characters that are always one step ahead of their enemies, you hypocrite.
>>
>>50802602

That's kinda shitty.
>>
>>50802602
I can't say I'm liking that too much. I guess it does make everything even more grimdark since you cannot say that Horus was in the wrong anymore and it diminishes Emps likability. But I did enjoy Emps the way he was
>>
So how do i actually use Kobo? I cant seem to find find a way to open epubs with it.
>>
>>50802649

Yeah, making the emps such a complete unrepentant asshole is not a fun thing they are doing with the HH. I'd much rather the emperor be more multifaceted than that.
>>
>>50802624
Not really, but he was aware of Chaos and what cunts they are. He should have known that every deal with them would ultimately end up fucking him over.
>>
File: Gon Get Purged.jpg (90KB, 800x782px) Image search: [Google]
Gon Get Purged.jpg
90KB, 800x782px
>>50802649
>You cannot say Horus was in the wrong anymore

Now this is definitely Heresy.
>>
I would like to get into w40k. Are Skitarii fun? Noone plays them at my local place and they look kind of cool.

Are there new "start collecting" boxes coming out with different factions?
>>
>>50802669
well, how would you reason that he was wrong in what he did?
if laurie is right then he didn't really have a choice, he realized emps plan to kill him as soon as he wasn't useful anymore and just acted according to the plans that were laid out by a superior being.

it really does take away from the tragic aspect of 40K though. it's not about a human empire that was on the brink of glory and then saw everything snatched away when their benevolent, though slightly incompetent, living god died - it's about utter cunts on all sides of the conflict.
>>
>>50802081
>Shield of Faith
Isn't that just the 6++? Doesn't that mean the crusaders and the priest receive absolutely 0 benefit from this?
>>
>>50802655
top right
three dots
click
import items
navigate to folder
select items to import
>>
>>50802698
6++ and Adamantium Will.
>>
>>50802698

Correct! And the Death Cult Assassins have a 5++ innately.
>>
>>50802709
>>50802711
Oh. That's "great."
>>
File: Screenshot_20161221-125935.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161221-125935.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>50802706
Ummm. I think my Kobo is broken.
>>
>>50802657
Especially since it adds nothing to the story, it just takes away from it. It doesn't make Horus any more likable, he still willingly picked Chaos because he wanted to be worshiped. On top of that, Horus is liked for other aspects anyway.

It doesn't change anything about the current situation because either was Horus is double-dead and the Emperor is rotting on his throne, more or less incapable of doing anything apart from keeping the Astronomican running an handing out some divine intervention every now and then.

All it does is turn a previously likable character from the stories past into an asshole.
>>
File: Still Heresy.jpg (61KB, 599x599px) Image search: [Google]
Still Heresy.jpg
61KB, 599x599px
>>50802691
>well, how would you reason that he was wrong in what he did?

I'm just memeing, friend Anon. You're right.
>>
>>50802655
Don't have a Kobo but a Kindle, but I think you can most likely still use Calibre. Lets you organize your library, convert file types and easily transfer them to the device.
>>
File: 1470973025938.png (39KB, 237x225px) Image search: [Google]
1470973025938.png
39KB, 237x225px
>>50802698
No one in the sqaud does, the deathcults have a 5++

It's the single most retarded book to the see the light of day.

And if you wanna see something that's really sad watch this and try not to realize just how little they know about the material they talk about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIb4HVz9kUE&t=2s
>>
>>50802720
>>
>>50802721
>It doesn't change anything about the current situation because either was Horus is double-dead
*It doesn't change anything about the current situation either because Horus is double-dead
>>
File: Screenshot_20161221-130500.png (31KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161221-130500.png
31KB, 1440x2560px
>>50802744
This is what my login/create account screens look. God damn app ffs why cant you work.
>>
>>50802767
worked for me, dunno why its buggin for you.
>>
>>50802657
it also removes that aspect of "there's hope but it is out of reach"

if the emperor is an unrepentant asshole then him being brought back to life in some way wouldn't even be positive for the "main characters" of the imperium's side of the story.
>>
Trying to decide between Blood Angels and Space Wolves. I really like assault armies and space marines. Any advice on which one is the better choice and why?
>>
File: image.jpg (638KB, 1500x578px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
638KB, 1500x578px
>>50802709
The flagelants get a 6++ and the rest also get adammtium will

If you take Jacob another 100 points you get fearless and make him your warlord he can give a 5++ to the flagelants.

Totally worth it!

I'm more concern about the Valkeries for the acolyte squad in the formation.

Could I put all the members of the squad there? Assuming they fit or does faction rule make that formation more useless in that sense than the rest of book?

DCA count as in case you don't want the same mono pose model over and over again.
>>
>>50802804
Which do you like more, Vampires or Werewolves?
>>
>>50802737
Oh that review. I don't even play Imperium and I saw how much of a copy pasted crap the book was. "Totally new!"

Personally if that was called a compendium or something else beside a codex maybe people would not have been so mad.
>>
>>50802798

Yeah, there is that.

At this point I'm hoping if the Emps becomes a god it's the Emps people believe in rather than Emps as he actually was.

Or that he's mellowed the fuck out.
>>
>>50802804
Blood angels are blanket better than space wolves in combat, provided they get the charge.
They have faster vehicles and psychic dreadnoughts.

BUT

Space wolves have two units that are flat superior to anything blood angels can bring.
>>
>>50802804
Lead your wolf pack into battle as Wolfnar Wolvenheart, wolf guard of the Wolf's Maw.
>>
>>50802661
>Emperor : I want your powers to create 20 demigods. I am prepared to offer a...
>The Chaos Gods : Alright, we will do it free of charge....
>The Emperor : Oh...that was easy. I expecting some sort price
>The Chaos Gods : ...under one condition. When they fully developed we will spirit them away and deposit them on worlds of our choosing. You will not know where we will take them in this galaxy but worry not we will harm them in any way. You have the word of the Pantheon
>Emperor : That's it?
>Chaos Gods : That's it.
>Emperor : This is much fairer than I expected. I expected to be forced to do some heinous stuff or be put through some trials or something. Alright, you got a deal
>Chaos Gods : The pact is sealed and seeds are sown. But a word of warning, little would be emperor, beware of an eye curious and seeking for it will see all that you are attempting to build burned to ash
>Emperor : Huh..I wonder what the mean by that? Who cares I got what I wanted. Alivia, beam me out!

And that's how I imagine it went done. The Emperor must have thought himself lucky to walk away without paying the Chaos Gods anything in return. He knows that the Chaos Gods are crazy so he must have just lucked out.
>>
>>50802691
> it's about utter cunts on all sides of the conflict.

So perfectly fitting with 40K?
>>
>>50802807
I just went through and modded a bunch of wyches to be deathcult assassins. Heck my crusaders are easterlings from LoTR
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 341x487px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 341x487px
This list killed our local Necron player. Old SoB and old Inqusition. Still can't manage to table him on turn 3. My best record was on turn 4. Also fuck BattleScribe formatting

+++ MSU SoB (998pts) +++

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (755pts) ++

+ HQ (95pts) +

Canoness (95pts) [Bolt Pistol, Power Maul, Rosarius]

+ Troops (300pts) +

Battle Sister Squad (150pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer]
Immolator [Dozer Blade, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]
Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer]

Battle Sister Squad (150pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer]
Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer]

+ Fast Attack (360pts) +

Dominion Squad (180pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]

Dominion Squad (180pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]

++ Inquisition: Codex (2013) (Inq Inquisitorial Detachment) (243pts) ++

+ HQ (63pts) +

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (63pts) [Bolt Pistol, Force Sword, Power Armour, Psyker (Mastery Level 1)]

+ Elites (180pts) +

Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (90pts) [Psyker]
Acolyte [Bolter, Flak Armour, Laspistol]
Chimera [Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter, Psybolt Ammunition]

Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (90pts) [Psyker]
Chimera [Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter, Psybolt Ammunition]
>>
Does anyone know if Codex : Inquisition is still valid ?
>>
>>50802501
seems like a flawed plan. the galaxy was not yet fully conquered so he still needed the adeptus astartes and primarchs.
he couldn't even really spare some of them, the first and second novel make it very obvious that horus is swamped with requests for reinforcements because their troops are stretched too thin
>>
>>50802936
Yes, as SoB, GK, DW, Cult Mechanicus, etc.

Think IA as an addition more than a replacement. They are all the same faction so you can have Celestin Deepstriking with Seraphim of IA or use Servo-Skull inquisitor in your formation. Same for the old Acolyte squad.

Enjoy the clusterfuck. Please do not abuse this power.
>>
>>50802936
Yes. As is the SoB codex

The Agents book is so bad that GW redacted their statement saying that this was meant to replace the SoB book.
>>
File: Meganob with scale.png (14KB, 140x140px) Image search: [Google]
Meganob with scale.png
14KB, 140x140px
Sup 40k gen, its the warhammer roleplay tokens anon again and i need opnions; does these look like a meganob? which one is better?

shoota boyz for scale
>>
>>50802180
>Why did Emps let the Chaos gods steal the primarchs? The scene seems to imply that he was clearly in the geno-vault
how did they steal them?
>>
>>50802777
Yeah. Agh, even updating my android didnt help. Piece of shit.
>>
>>50803003
3 probably, though i needed contetxt to kno what they were.
>>
>>50803008
created a warp rift that sucked their mechanical wombs in
>>
>>50802501
>>50802620
Looking back, I really liked when Black Library was about side stories like Eisenhorn, Gaunt's Ghosts, Last Chancers, Kal Jericho...
It made for nice additions to the fluff without those constant (and quite stupid IMO) retcons, where the entire setting changes depending on the whims of a single author.

>>50803003
3 for me. The Iron jaw doesn't look quite right on the others.
Thanks a lot for the arbitrator token you made for me a while back. They died against a tide of plague zombies, but it allowed the rest of the survivors to escape inside a Rhino.
>>
>>50803041
problem was that you can only tell so many stories when you refuse to go past 999.M41
so at some point the only option you have is to go back in time

but yeah, I definitely agree that the retcons are annoying. I'm alright with them clarifying some stuff or adding details that were not previously known, but flat out changing things that have been considered to be a fact for years is not so great
>>
>>50803017
if they can do that cant they like use something similiar to kill emperor? or invade anywhere where they want
>>
>>50803084
erebus claimed that they had given so much power to emps that he was untouchable, so they went for the next best thing.

also emps was in the room when it happened and could have prevented it, but for some reason didn't. so I assume the answer to your question is "no"
>>
>>50803071
>problem was that you can only tell so many stories when you refuse to go past 999.M41
10.000 years and a imperium of over a million worlds.
>>
>>50803014
does thisone look better? i'm trying to get a cleaner version of 3 so i can faction stamp them

>>50803041
I made the entire set but i don't know if you got them
dropbox /s/vwgftdbnvk1ao5q/Arbites.zip?dl=0
>>
Should I use Skaven Plague Monks as abhuman Nurgle cultists?
>>
>>50803071
You what?

Human history as in the first recorded thingy has 10000 years more less there is a bunch of stories to tell. In a single fucking planet
>>
>>50803084
The Emperor is meant to die at the hands of Abaddon wielding the End of Empires. Fate cannot be changed.
>>
>>50803014
does thisone look better? i'm trying to get a cleaner version of 3 so i can faction stamp them

>>50803041
I made the entire set but i don't know if you got them
dropbox /s/vwgftdbnvk1ao5q/Arbites.zip?dl=0

>The Iron jaw doesn't look quite right on the others.
they aren't done yet, i'm just trying to get the basic body, i think i will remove the iron jaw when i touch it again.
>>
>>50803148
>>50803174
see, it wouldn't be a problem if this was the case
the problem is that people are attached to certain things. space marines, for example. You can't have a million stories from the ultramarines or imperial fists without shit overlapping. That's really why. They could, without a doubt, tell a billion stories about imperial guard, or successor chapters, or whatever, but its the main chapters and craftworlds and shit that really hold it back.
>>
>>50802964
So it should be easy to mix SoB, C-Mech and Skitarii?
>>
>>50803189
Not really, i think it was the.. dirtiness of it that made ti recognisable, the other just look like white mechs with a green windshield,
>>
>>50803196
Even if they limited themselves to one story per 100 years... that's a hundred stories per chapter
>>
>>50803174
yeah, but they clearly also want to tell stories that have some relevancy to the overall setting. that can be done by either telling stories about the current present of the setting (which is getting kind of crowded) or by fleshing out important events from the past
>>
>>50803213
they also want to tell relevant stories that matter to the setting as a whole. You can't just have 'blood angels fight tyranids for the 15th time' as a gripping, relevant story, unless some real shit is going down, and they can't do that over and over again.
>>
>>50803219
Einsenhorn for example has a grand story and it is pretty irrelevant setting wise.
BL writers seem to have a colosal hardon for relevant stories instead of good stories.
>>
>>50803199
With allies it was always easy. IA didn't made it easier it added options.

Side note as much as I love my SoB beside flamers. Skitarii and Cult Mechanicus do everything better and cheaper.
>>
>>50803241
Yeah, I wasn't really saying that I think their approach is the best one, just that this is the reason why they are doing it.

Actually I think it cripples a lot of their stories. Read way too many 40K novels that were rather boring because the event that they described, while relevant to the overall setting, was not much more than a single battle so you end up with 300 pages of graphic battle descriptions with zero actual plot, let alone anything unforeseen.
>>
>>50803250
and cooler

crab tank is the cutest thing
>>
>>50803235
>they also want to tell relevant stories that matter to the setting as a whole.

Grand battles always en up as a dozen cardboard cutouts with a token personality dying "heroically" with no impact.

Instead of a dozen systems and a hundred characters who only exists to show who bad/good something is, their best work has always been "one world is the entire world" stories where every dead comrade has his story and his death meaning.
>>
Can an army ally with itself?

Because I wanna add a Black Legion speartip to my Death Guard.
>>
>>50803271
No.

You just take two detachments instead.
>>
>>50803250
Yeah. I'm just planning on having two squads in Immolators at the moment. The idea is to have an Inquisitor tying everything together.
>>
>>50803281
Just remember to MSU

>>50802922
As shown there SoB only have 2 good unites to ally for the Battle Sister Squad for Flamer galore and the Dominion Squad for melta galore.

Seraphim and Exorcist all though good. Not sure if worth it as allies
>>
>>50803206
The plan was to make it cleaner so i could put Da' Bad Moon somewhere then paint it yellow, or do it for other clan symbols, but it might not be possible.

>dirtiness of it that made ti recognisable
What about now? looks better this way? i still have some space to work with the clan colors but they are a little more mechy
>>
>>50803315
Yea def better
>>
>>50801501
use the resin FW renegade kits ? and file of / fill in the chaos symbols
>>
>>50801501
Maybe GSC?
>>
>>50803331
These are the parts i plan to colour, starting now as this might be orky enough
>>
>>50803304
Well they can only be 6 max anyway in those.
>>
>>50801425
You mean kharybdis?
>>
>>50802689
Skitarii are good, mix them with Cult Mechanicus for extra fun times.
>>
>>50803400
6 max? As in 6 max Troops? Or 6 max inside an Immolator?

You can always take Repressor if you want more oiled and sweaty girls crammed inside power armour.
>>
>>50803442
6 per Immolator I mean. Repressors are cool but they're oop.
>>
I leak stuff I get told about in Bugmans Bar
>>
>>50803472
Yeah you do that senpai.
>>
File: Ork Meganob BadMoons 1.HUGE.png (7KB, 208x192px) Image search: [Google]
Ork Meganob BadMoons 1.HUGE.png
7KB, 208x192px
>>50803367
>>50803331
What about the colors? also should i even badmoon stamp it?
>>
>>50803487
That ones a solid bad moon tone.
>>
>>50803470
Chinaman or make your own.

Funny thing chinaman has the version that FW fuck up. Ironically it is better than the FW fuck up version.
>>
File: IMG_0955.jpg (91KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0955.jpg
91KB, 600x599px
>>50798523
I like how the list builder has Veridyan and SoB transport but no SoB.

Also new Mechanicus Character?
>>
>>50803235
>>50803219
Which is a very bad idea in my opinion.
Instead of simply having a bad book about your faction taking place in some remote corner of space that you can choose to ignore, you'll be reminded of it constantly since it they gave it a pivotal role in the fluff.
You're a IF player and didn't like the Beast series? Too bad for you; most of their fluff now revolves around this event.

>>50803504
Side panels are so thin on chinaman's.
>>
>>50803494
Final one, i think. Looks good enough for something made in 20ish minutes?

also does 40k gen have a discord server?
>>
>>50803612
The extra armour is not really needed. Some people like the looks other do not.

You can always just add SoB tank bits and call it a day.
>>
>>50803553

Seriously.

It's a good thing I have the standard squads memorized and can build a list from memory in about 10 seconds.
>>
Lord of change confirmed in the warhammer stream
>>
>>50803756

GREAT UNCLEAN ONE WHEN
>>
>>50803764
not soon
>>
What's the best way to use alpha legion infiltrating cultists?

I'm thinking as tarpits, but they break so damn easy.
>>
>>50803782
park them on objectives, put them in the way, and hope for double respawn.
>>
>>50802804
>>50802855

Let's compare Thunder Wolf Cavalry and Death Company with jump packs.

Base, the Death company are 115 points for 5.
The squad has 5 wounds and feel no pain.
25 attacks on the charge at str 5 Initiative 5.
Potential Hammer of Wrath.

Base the TWC are 130 points for 6 wounds Toughness 5.
18 attacks on the charge at str 5 Initiative 4 with rending.

Let's fully kit the TWC, we get 12 wounds 3++ at 450 points.
Given them the arguably best loadout of a wolf claw and storm shield.
That's 30 Str 6 AP 3 attacks that reroll to wound with rending.

If we kit the death company up to the same points, I went for:
12 death company. 2 with just bolt pistol and chainsword. 2 with bolter and chainsword. 8 with bolt pistol and power weapon (sword).
That's 12 wounds feel no pain for 446 points.
40 str 5 I 5 AP3 attacks on the charge.
10 str 5 I 5 attacks on the charge
8 Str 10 I 1 AP2 attacks on the charge.

DC get to shoot 14 bolt shots at the unit before the charge where TwC do not.

Someone else can do further math with this unit versus some targets if they want.

TwC are fantastic, but I think DC are up there too looking at this as base or kitted out in a big game where you can afford to put a load of points on things.
>>
>>50798551
A bit busy.
>>
>>50803831
With the important caveat of the Battlecannon EQ.
>>
>>50803756
stream of what? dow3? any images?
>>
>>50803831
twc always has rune-priests and artificier armor furrylords with them with a backup of wulfen.
In a vacuum its a whole other game...
>>
>>50803857
The 2016 in review/2017 to come
>>
>>50803877

I don't remember seeing a LoC in that?
>>
>>50803831
DC are only I5 unless you include formations.
>Given them the arguably best loadout of a wolf claw and storm shield.
All I see are thunder hammers for that strength 10 on the charge.

TWC have two wounds a base, are only ID'd by strength 10 (or the special rule) and can get 3++ saves. Meanwhile DC are deleted by missile launchers.

Thunderwolves with hammers can ID death company and deny them all their saves, death company can't do that to thunderwolves. Thunder wolf cav are simply more practical than death company, regardless of numbers.
>>
>>50803858
What stops people running a jump pack artificer captain and a jump pack librarian with DC?
>>
Why don't we have a discord server? or any 40k themed server to live in

Anyone willing to open a server?
>>
>>50803894
>DC are only I5
I4*

And I'm not sure what formations that can be taken to boost wolves if we're allowing them.
>>
>>50803902

Theyre also s10ap2? T5? Double movement?
>>
>>50803902
Krak missiles.
>>
>>50803894
Blood Angels equivalent of CAD gives them Red Thirst for the I5 on charge.

Also we're not necessarily throwing them at each other, we're throwing them at unit's you'd want to assault.
>>
>>50804011
Well, are you going to take everything else in that 'CAD' in to account or are we talking about them in isolation?
>>
>>50803951
Of the TWC themselves none, really
The only ones that include them are some of the Great Companies, but those are ridiculously huge and they're an actual SW army by themselves
The one you could use to boost the TWC however is the Wulfen one with those sweet CotW buffs for the units around the Wulfen
>>
>>50798551
Puts the FW archmagos/magos to shame
>>
So I've been working towards getting 1000 points of my sisters painted, but the release of imperial agents has altered my plans as the list had Celestine in it.

Currently it contains roughly the following:

2x Min sized BSS in HF Immolators, with flamers and heavy flamer

2x Dominion squad in MM Immolator, with 4 melta and Combi-melta

2 Exorcists

Previously Celestine had been my hq, but now I don't have one as I'd prefer to use the most recent army list. My main thoughts to replace her are:

>Bare bones priest with min sized squad of Arco's/DCA/crusaders in an Innovator, just to get an extra hull on the table.

>Bare bones priest with some heavy bolter retributors.

>Uriah Jacobus and some extra Combi-weapons/laud hailers.

>Strip points elsewhere to get priest and another exorcist.

I think the first two are my preferred options as I don't need any new models, the extra exorcist is probably the best but I only have two currently.
>>
>>50798551
Love it. The busy design roots it in the grimdark fever nightmare style that got me into 40k in the first place.
>>
File: 1482326621918-1.jpg (815KB, 1920x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1482326621918-1.jpg
815KB, 1920x1052px
>>50803857
Age of sigmar new battletome's release in january
ended a few minutes ago
>>
>>50804009
Ordnance 1 large blast battle cannon
flakk missiles
heavy bolter
autocannon
anything, really, they are just t4 MEQ
>>
How are things like haemotrope reactors? I just learned about fortifications.
>>
>>50804112
Useless unless you play IG
>>
>>50804110
>flakk missiles
>heavy bolter
>autocannon
they don't delete marines outright though, 8/3's the magic key as there's no armour, no FNP and wound count don't matter.
>>
>>50804117
Admech. Was curious about grouping them with my vanguard with their plasma calivers.
>>
>>50804107
i was expecting somethign 40k related
>>
>>50804121
Only pistols,. guns and cannons are listed in the BRB as plasma and that the criteria for the reactor boost.
>>
>>50804129
a plastic lord of change will inevitably get 40k rules for its probably new options on top of fluff-space to shine on.
>>
File: Plasma faq.png (13KB, 605x258px) Image search: [Google]
Plasma faq.png
13KB, 605x258px
>>50804139
This is what I'm seeing online
>>
File: Listen here you little shit.jpg (18KB, 236x337px) Image search: [Google]
Listen here you little shit.jpg
18KB, 236x337px
>>50801873

I feel you on the hundreds of buzzing and whirring bits being intimidating.
>>
>>50804175
How much time has passed since the release of the Bloodthirster?
So that I can double that period and see how long should I likely wait for the Keeper of Seecrets and cry for how long it is
>>
>>50804195
no mention of the haemotrhorpe reactor
>>
>>50802081
>question of dedicated transports
>All models in the formation form a single unit
>ALL models

Dedicated Transports join the Faithtrain.

Park the transports in front to screen the train from anti-infantry guns

>>50802698
It's for making the Flagellants even better.
>>
>>50802173
>In the Inquisitional Henchmen Warband it says 0-1 Arcos and 0-1 Crusaders. Does that mean 1 unit? Or 1 model?
If it was units it would say 0-1 UNITS of x
So only 1 of each.
>>
>>50804253
Yah that one is obvious. The problem is with the Acolyte formation, that mix factions
>>
>>50804265
It is units. Since there is no option to buy a single model.

Unless this is another example of Imperial Agents cluster fuck the codex compendium
>>
>>50804250
The rulebook also doesn't say pistols, guns and cannons are the only plasma weapons, it says the weapons in the rule book are just the most common examples of those types of weapons.
>>
>>50803003
I have just seen you and want a compendium of your stuff already. Moar plox?
>>
>>50804318
rule references the BRB , BRB only mentions those three.
>>
>>50804286
I see it like the Canoptek Harvest which states ONE Spyder. Not one UNIT, so Necron players can't bring 2-3, only one.

Same as Masters of the Armoury for SM Anvilstrike Force, which is for ONE Predator / Vindicator

>Tho the examples above do naturally start at 1+ instead of 2+
Still just following the directions it is 0-1 MODELS, not units.
>>
>>50804374
But can you buy just one spider thingy?

As in normally one of those?

The question comes because the options to buy them come in the form of at least 2 models.
>>
>>50804339
And the rule book clearly says those aren't the only types of each of those weapons, only the most common. The Haemotrope also says as they are defined not listed. Couple this with GW saying if it has plasma in the name it's plasma. They were answering the question about a different rule they did not mention haemotrope but they also did not say that ruling was an exception just for that rule.
>>
>>50804450
are you playing against this guy? No? Then you dont need to argue him. Most people you play will understand a plasma caliver with gets hot is a plasma weapon... only an autistic retard would go all RAW on you.
>>
>>50804450
>GW saying if it has plasma in the name it's plasma

For that artefact.

Not for the Reactor.

If you dont like the answers you get, stop asking and just go with your own rules.
>>
>>50804510
>>50804510
Is an ectoplasma cannon plasma?
Is a starcannon plasma?
How about a Kustom Mega Kannon?
>>
>>50804519

The first one has plasma in it's name so yes. The others don't say.
>>
>>50804519(You)
>>50804511(You)
>>50804510
Hell, is Lion's Roar plasma?
>>
>>50804519
>Is an ectoplasma cannon plasma?
Nope. Just like a baleFLAMER isn't a Flamer.
>>
>>50804519
>Is an ectoplasma cannon plasma?
yes
>Is a starcannon plasma?
no
>How about a Kustom Mega Kannon?
no
>>
>>50804533
Cool, so it applies to tyranid Bio-plasma
>>
>>50804553

Sure. That's plasma.
>>
>>50804072

Honestly, the Canoness isn't a bad option. I've been using it for awhile now.

You're at 880 points, which means you couldn't afford Celestine anyway without dropping a combi. A canoness with Mantle, Rosarius, and combi is 115 points.

Trust me, you don't need a 3rd exorcist at 1000 points, and 6 tanks is plenty. I'll often take a Ret squad instead of a second for more consistent shooting. The problem with DCA in immolators is the lack of assault vehicle. Having a stubborn HQ with EW is never a bad thing, especially with T3.
>>
>>50804519
>>50804532

Talk it over with your friend during your pretzel and beer session.
Though, they dont even have plasma in the name so of course not
>>
>>50804581
Right so the master crafted combi-plasma can't but a tyranid can.

Good, then I know what sort of people I'm trying to reason with.
>>
>>50798551
He looks like a Michael Bay Transformer.
>>
Should I use a Battle Company for Free Transports as BT and sacrifice using Crusader Squads?
>>
>>50804616
so youre saying youre retarded, interdasting. i'll try to talk on your level: plasma name = plasma.
>>
>>50804072
You can use Verydian. Drop an Exorcist get Retribution with Heavy Bolter.

That is the most mathhammer efficient use of Verydian. Second is 3 Exorcist bunch up with her in between.

Side note old SoB codex is still valid and can be use normally with the IA one. Beside Celestin the IA is better. So you can add her to Seraphim no problem
>>
>>50804226
the thirster has been released more than a year ago

slaanesh is not coming
>>
>>50804660
interesting, care to find that section in the BRB or FAQ thereof?
>>
>>50804661

Yea, when my Veridyan comes in, that's what I plan on doing. Retributers. I usually use a squad anyway like I said earlier, but giving them precision shots is great. I think she might make the battle blob viable because 20 bolters with precision shots is pretty good at forcing saves.
>>
>>50804699
since its already been stated several times here, you can go fuck yourself. tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>50804450
Haemotrope is plasma because it's blood. Different plasma.
>>
>>50804717
Ah, so you just made it up.
>>
>>50804699
If you play 40k like a robot and only use rules and no common sense like rules making a precedent you cant play more than 10 seconds before your robot brain throws an exception. RAI is all plasma is called plasma. If they havent named a combi plasma that, then it isnt one. I understand you are trying to carnac this to shit, but fuck off
>>
>>50804742
The relic combi-plasma isn't plasma, got it.
>>
>>50804728
Go back to YMDC with your 20k posts retard
>>
>>50804062
In sheer amount of bits, sure.

It's a clusterfuck to look at however.
>>
File: FAQ.jpg (331KB, 1000x1959px) Image search: [Google]
FAQ.jpg
331KB, 1000x1959px
>>50804699
Q: What counts as a plasma weapon for the Ulumeathi Plasma
Syphon? (p62)
A: All Plasma weapons, as well as Eldar missile launchers firing
plasma missiles, burst cannons, starcannons, all Tau pulse
weapons and any weapon described as using ‘plasma’ as its
effect or in its special rules.
>>
File: moon june.png (243KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
moon june.png
243KB, 500x398px
>>50804689
Slaanesh is ALWAYS coming, big and HARD in LARGE ammounts
>>
>>50804519
Tau codex says burst and pulse weapons shoot plasma. Are those plasma?
>>
>>50801818

I rather want bunch of ork luchadors with mask.
>>
>>50804755
You're welcome
>>
Anyone read the Path of Dark Eldar series? Was thinking of grabbing it since I play DE, but would rather not read a trash book.
>>
>>50804770
Heamothrope is newer than that FAQ; if it applied it would be included OR reference it.
>>
So, I've been out of the loop for a few months. Is it true we finally got Chaos Marine Legion tactics? How's the stuff for Emperor's Children?
>>
>>50804883

pretty damn good actually. though still problems with no relentless and general costly units, but some stuff are nice.
>>
>>50804562

She'd be tough to kill, I guess you'd be using her as a tar pit?

The idea behind the arcos was getting another immolator more than anything else.

>>50804661

Veridyan is tempting, but I still haven't managed to get one yet.
>>
>>50804883
Second only to Death Guard, who are now OP.
>>
>>50804883
>>50804895
>>50804930

>/tg/ says EC is second
>blood of kittens says EC is second worst

who's right?
>>
>>50804913
If you want more Dakka in the form of a metal box go for Chimeras with Psybolt.

2 S6 Ap4 Heavy 3 at BS3 help.
>>
>>50804930

But Nurgles always been best because toughness is best stat and GW cannot into rules
>>
File: scale.png (105KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
scale.png
105KB, 1200x600px
how accurate is this?
>>
>>50805012
not accurate at all
>>
>>50805012
Not at all. Boyz arent that big.
>>
File: comparison9641.png (1MB, 2473x874px) Image search: [Google]
comparison9641.png
1MB, 2473x874px
>>50805012
In height at least it isn't too far off but that boy is too wide
>>
>>50804968
compared to before legions EC is better. It's still shit tier, but atleast not below casual IG anymore.
Internally id say EC are kinda meh, but theyre not even close to TS shit
>>
File: Orks - 1000pts.jpg (117KB, 900x566px) Image search: [Google]
Orks - 1000pts.jpg
117KB, 900x566px
First list
How it do?
>>
>>50800803
Secret Mexican Leak Teams Confirmed.

10 feet higher!
>>
>>50805044

>ork boy has arms twice as thick as either the eldar or guardsman
>they all have the same strength
>>
>>50804968
I think EC is great as long as you don't try to go too crazy with noise Marines. Getting a low fnp save on units helps so much, and combat drugs are great. It's just a really good general durability buff.
>>
>>50801658
WIFE'S SON

Try again, anon.
>>
>>50805063
why do you want this many klaws in a 1k game?

>>50805078
iirc from fantasy strenght isn't just how hard you punch, it is how well you fight in group, also orks have furious charge for +1 on the charge, they are as strong as MEQ
>>
File: I2.jpg (53KB, 626x551px) Image search: [Google]
I2.jpg
53KB, 626x551px
>>50805078
What? did you think they were some kind of
>melee race
>>
>>50805115
I don't know, I just heard that klaws were good. I guess I got a bit enthusiastic when I saw all the nobz in a unit could take one.
>>
>>50801658

Everyone keeps saying this model is awesome but honestly I think it looks like a nightmare. And that's pro painted, can you imagine what a pile of shit this thing will look like after being hacked at by a mediocre painter?
>>
File: i be da fucking oomies did dis.png (404KB, 383x524px) Image search: [Google]
i be da fucking oomies did dis.png
404KB, 383x524px
>>50805115
>why do you want this many klaws in a 1k game?
>iz dis a trick question?
>>
>>50805166
imagine building it.
fuck.
all those tiny bitz
Atleast the bitz there will be great fodder for other things,
admech best converstio
>>
File: WAAAAAGH.jpg (501KB, 892x596px) Image search: [Google]
WAAAAAGH.jpg
501KB, 892x596px
>>50805155

Klawz are great for krumpin'. The more the better!
>>
>>50805167
Klaws are honestly a waste, but seeing as you unironically brought a nobz squad I guess you're pretty used to wasting points.
>>
>>50805181
imagine it was metal...
>>
>>50805115
>>50805063
>>50805155
9 klaw, 2 rokkit, 1 kombi-rokkit, you have enough anti TEQ/anti vehicles to destroy half a company of leman russes. also thats 225 points in klaws alone, you can pay for an extra unit plus some trukks

Anon, klaws are power fists, they are specialist weapons, you take them to crack rhino/tanks open or ap2 the fuck out of TEQ, if you want something killy take big choopas with shootas, if you want something shooty take kombi or twin linked shootas. Check 1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Orks(7E)
>>
>>50805213
I didn't post that image and this is literally my first army ever.
>>
>>50805166
>can you imagine what a pile of shit this thing will look like after being hacked at by a mediocre painter?

you can say that about any model, ya dingas
>>
>>50805213
Nobz are cool, leave them alone. If you are going to play orks at least do it right, meganobz, nobz and lots of boyz.

Orks aren't capable of getting their money on against a tournament list, so do not even try
>>
>>50805150
I see why initiative is valuable for a melee race, but not why it is necessary.

It is possible for Orks to be a melee race without them being high int.

Here's how I would do it.

All Orks are ws, bs, and int 1
All Orks attack at least 4 times baseline.
Strength is minimum 3 for Ork guns and melee weapons. Strength increases by 1 if there are more than 10 Ork models within six inches.
>>
>>50805217
I know MEQ is marine equivalent but what is TEQ?
>>
>>50805244
Terminator Equivalent
>>
>>50804991

Are psybolts, still an option in imperial agents? Anyway, I need to spend at least 25 points on a HQ, so I doubt I can squeeze one into 1k points.
>>
File: download.jpg (14KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 238x212px
>>50805243
>ws1

also
>Strength increases by 1 if there are more than 10 Ork models within six inches.
DA' MORE BOYZ, DA' BIGGER ZEY AR'
>>
>>50804895
Eh, the cost and lack of relentless is nothing new. Extra FtP sounds great from what I'm looking at, especially along with Shred and Split Fire to get the most use out of Blastmasters.

I'll probably need more Noise Marines, but Noise marines were already really cost efficient.
>>
>>50805243
I'm with this guy. I mean, I love dakka as much as the next git, but their BS is still 2
>>
File: stick.jpg (124KB, 680x759px) Image search: [Google]
stick.jpg
124KB, 680x759px
>>50805213
>you unironically brought a nobz squad I guess you're pretty used to wasting points.
anon, I didn't buy them, nobs are objective warmers with less wounds then grots.
>Klaws are honestly a waste,
Only source of s10 and ap 2 more or less.
i2-3 means it unwieldy doesn't matter.
the only problem is the cost.

>>50805232
get mega nobs instead, they are... OK
much better now that there is an ap value on cc weapons so you might strike at the same time as non MCs and with kill saws you might clear a unit or too.
it's not the best but you're playing orks, play for fun.
>>
How does the 3++ shield work on the Space Wolves venerable dreadnought?

You roll your save after a hit?
After a penetrating result?
When do you force a re-roll due to the Venerable rule?
>>
File: SuddenlyDaemons.gif (1MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
SuddenlyDaemons.gif
1MB, 300x168px
>>50802180
>And Magnus is a bro. Poor guy.
Fuck Magnus, his hubris caused more damage than Horus, fuck him to hell, he deserves all the shit he gets.
>>
>>50805313
Oh, I forgot, all Ork guns should shoot at least 4 attacks.
>>
>>50805243
if orks weren't i2 they would just steamroll everything by sheer weight of numbers.

You get 76 ws4 s4 plus 5 ws4 s5 attacks for 196 points
>>
>>50805318
>opponent hits
>opponent rolls to pen/glance
>venerable makes them re-roll
>now you take your 3++ against any successful pens/glances
>>
>>50805255
Thanks

>>50805217
So I would probably drop at least three of the klaws from the nob unit I guess. Big choppas instead? If I also drop the rokkit launchas I can afford a unity of lootas.
>>
>>50805272
Yes and why not just a priest? 25 point there.

With SoB HQ are rather pointless beside support. Even Celestin was rather questionable.
>>
>>50805337
Is a hull point still removed on a successful glancing hit?
>>
>>50805240
If you're not going to try you'll never succeed.

I've seen Ork lists table tau and even eldar lists, you, just need to build them right.
Picking the worst options you can and then whining you lose all the time isn't fun for anyone.
>>
>>50805354
if you fail your 3++
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 516x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 516x960px
>>
>>50805321
i dont know i think that had horus not actively fucked him with leman he would of been a useful ally to the imperium in the coming heresy.
>>
>>50805243
>>50805335
thats 556 ws4 s4 plus 25 ws4 s5 attacks and a Big Mek with Kustom Force Field, choppa and tools for 999pts. There isn't a single army which can outkrump orks, they can outshoot but not outkrump

>>50805339
you might want to look this
>>
>>50805384
Dune conquered that galaxy.

Warhammer 40k is honestly probably a prequel to dune: humanity discovers spice, gives up on warp travel, and the bene gesserit breed psykers out, allowing humanity to kill the warp.
>>
>>50805237

Not really. A mediocre space marine still looks like a space marine. It's part of the reason why space marines are so attractive to beginners- they're easy to paint.

If someone has their paints a bit too thick on a tactical, the tactical looks chalky and unattractive. If someone has their paints a bit too thick and paints this monster, it may as well be a chaos spawn.
>>
>>50805404
good luck painting 145 models for a 1k game
>>
>>50805447
I aimgine it's what IW spawn look like
>>
So if you convert the DA in the Dark Vengeance set to Chaos you have a Chaos warband + half a LaTD. I'm thinking of going with this and turning 20 of my guardsmen into cultists. Which Legion should I use?
>>
>>50805475

dark angels
>>
>>50804968
Blood of Kittens says EC is third worst, after IG and NL. They special rules look great on paper, but it's hard to build a good list that benefits from all of them.
And that rating is from a WAAC point of view. That's why TS and WB are not the lowest rated (unlike on /tg/), TS has Magnus, WB can build a good HeroHammer list with great artifacts and Sorcerers spamming summons.
>>
>>50802195
Sadly lacking any Anti Tank apart from the Scourges
>Not giving the warriors a blaster
As much as i love you using a variety of units, get rid of the Mandrakes, stick a DL on the raiders and see if you acn squeeze in an Agoniser for the Reaver Champs
>>
>>50805475
Alpha legion brother!

You don't even have to convert, just hide some alpha legion icons somewhere. They're in disguise.
>>
>>50805475
Alpha Legion or World Eaters.
>>
>>50805475
Good news you dont need to convert them as Dark Angels are some of the best chaos marines :^)
>>
>>50805496
I am interested in hero hammer. Please tell me more.
>>
>>50805347

Yeah that's what I keep coming back to.

Priest and heavy bolter rets, or take a cheap Arco/DCA squad to get an extra immolator.

The heavy bolter would be a pretty big target being the only infantry, but they'd also do more than a single HF or MM
>>
>>50805384
Imagine if that is the home galaxy of the tyranids, completey bereft of any biomass
>>
>>50805592
Actually it's more like take a solid core and a bunch of Sorcs and spam the shit out of Malefic summons.
>>
>>50801772
Bump.
>>
>>50805404
Faithtrain
>Jacob
>Crusaders × 20
>Flagellants × 60

20 (40 first round) WS4 S3 AP3 I3 attacks from Crusaders
240 (300 first round) WS5 S5 AP- I3 attacks from Flagellants.

Choo choo. The Faithtrain has come to the station.
>>
>>50805746
Charge them with a hellbrute.
>>
>>50805822

>Priest SMASH
>>
>>50805883
At only S6 or single S10.
Can work... but it will be a tarppit
>>
>>50805883
Character hellbrute from the one detatchment, challenge priest. Priest dies before he attacks.
>>
>>50805746
what in the actual fuck gw
>>
>>50805912
He would have to trade sll his attacks for a single s6 attack, having smash doesn't amke him not s3.

But, I think he can get melta bombs.
>>
What legion do I play if I want to play hero hammer?
>>
>>50805746
Note, it will very rarely see more than 10% of those dice rolled at a time. It will be an incredible tarpit though.
>>
>>50805955
Black Legion. Sorc Cabal is the best way to field your best unit.
>>
>>50802341
I would give the Artisan Haemonculus the Portal instead, as Raiders already get to Deep Strike! Other anon mentioned his thoughts. Harlequins are one of the few armies where I would recommend fewer large units rather than MSU, because of Veil of Tears and stuff.
>>
>inb4 Codex: Black Templar comes back for Fall of Cadia
>inb4 unified Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus released
>inb4 new Codex: Dark Eldar
>inb4 new full-release Codex: Sisters of Battle
>inb4 they're all intro codices for 8e
>>
Random question, is that faggot who posted his two 'girlfriends' topless in bed with a genestealer cult codex still around? Did anybody save the picture? I randomly mentioned it on another board and people want it.

If not, who cares.

>>50798551
I like it, but it's way too fiddly for me to paint. I'd have to buy it ready done or get my mate to do it. The 'busy' shit that people keep moaning about is part of why I like it. It's over-the-top completely nightmarish. Ad Mech don't do sleek and contoured shit.
>>
>>50804770
All this would be easier if GW just made the subtypes like melta for weapons
-plasma
-flamer
-kinetic
-laser
-missile
-any other shit
And released a FAQ with the list of all weapons in every codex and assign each subtype so the RAW shit Lords would stop arguing this shit.
>>
File: DeusVult.gif (279KB, 600x669px) Image search: [Google]
DeusVult.gif
279KB, 600x669px
Post YFW Black Templars get a codex again
>>
File: genetide.jpg (134KB, 900x566px) Image search: [Google]
genetide.jpg
134KB, 900x566px
>>50805404
>thats 556 ws4 s4 plus 25 ws4 s5 attacks and a Big Mek with Kustom Force Field, choppa and tools for 999pts. There isn't a single army which can outkrump orks, they can outshoot but not outkrump
Ahahahaha, are you serious?

I have some bad news for you.
>>
>>50805619

Might as well go for Veridyan, for the rets.
>>
>>50805496
He put Iron Warriors dead last behind Thousand Sons so I'm saying Tasty is full of shit. Remember, he said Thousand Sons were good in 6th and that 7th ed Orks are good too.
>>
File: 2562_2aac.gif (149KB, 450x342px) Image search: [Google]
2562_2aac.gif
149KB, 450x342px
>>50806141
>>
>SoBfags think they're getting a codex and models
>BTfags think they're getting a codex and models

You'll take your meme scrap breadcrumb models and fucking like it.
>>
>>50805969
It was a list in response to what I thought was an Orkanon's 1000pt Greentide list.

Considering if it was Faithtrain vs Greentide... odds are good you'll see a shitload of those attacks
>>
>>50806141
>mfw I have no face on my phone to describe my face
>>
>>50805592
Hero hammer is when you take an HQ, give him whatever gear you want, and have them 1v1 each other.

Currently Scoria and Horus are at the top of the pile.
>>
>>50798551
That's a big bulge.
>>
>>50806167
BT don't even need models, they just generally need better rules again.
>>
>order loads of books and SoB model
>wait for it to come
>doesn't come
>get an email "due to Chaos Apoc Index is out of stock, we have to wait blahblahblah"
>because my order was made with 'dispatch in one go' all my other items are stuck

FUCK SAKE GW. SORT IT FUCKING OUT. YOU'VE HAD MY MONEY FOR 2 WEEKS NOW.
>>
>>50806198
What the fuck are you on about? They're space marines, they've got great rules!

You can take skyhammer, centurions with grav-cannons, double demi for free transports.
What more do you want?!
>>
>>50806229
battlewaggons
>>
>>50801842
I always figured them (the orkz) as 'Murican rednecks/hillybillies. An inbreed species who love gunz and trukkz (and speez). If their banner was a confederate flag it would totally fit imho.
>>
>>50805947
str8 if you give him a power maul, like a sensible person
>>
>>50806155
New so I don't really fully understand what I'm looking at, but rending is only really useful for already heavily armored stuff right?
>>
>>50805386
The result is the same, the new novel States that the use of a shit load of psyker helped the Emperor to disconnect from the throne to go inside and try to fix Magnus folly, he couldn't, either way the result would had been the same, Magnus fuck everything forever.
>>
>>50805339
Nobs mobs are bad, drop them entirely. You could make them work if you brought a Gorkanaut, but that combo is a little too cheesy in 1000 pt games.
>>50805063
An army needs to be as cohesive as possible. Foot slogging 80% of your army and mechanising 20% yields a less powerful army than a 100% foot slogging or 100% mechanised list.

While cheap, your rokkit launchas will do you no good. If you are moving they are hitting on 6s if you run, which you want to do with the slugga boys, they can't fire at all.

The only way you are going to make a boys on foot army work is if you severely overload your opponent's anti infantry weapons. So bring a Warboss, as many units of Boys with Nobs and klaws as possible and nothing else. Otherwise you should probably stick with mek gunz as the main focus of your army.

On a somewhat related note, has anyone tried comboing Orks with CSM for dirge casters?
>>
>>50806229
A decent Chapter Tactic and a way to actually use their own canonical troops inside a decent list, not be forced to run the broken SM formations just because they are powerful as fuck while getting no use out of Crusaders.

BTs technically shouldn't have to use Tacticals, Devastators or Assaults, since Crusaders are meant to be their entire force and to replace the usual marine roles as swiss army knives.
>>
>>50806282
It's also AP 5 base.
>>
>>50806086

Faith and Steel! And... uh, Dark Eldar?
>>
>>50806273
>/40kg/
>sensible

W E W
E
W
>>
>>50806155
Can we agre that the new melee codices are actually good? and that orks need a revision by now?
>>
>>50806273
>>50806329
>spending 15 points on an inferior melta bomb when you can just have the real deal
>>
>>50806186
I want an army that will let me use a lot of nameless characters and make up epic stories of their exploits on the table.

So chaos seems good fit this.
>>
File: cultist.png (109KB, 524x453px) Image search: [Google]
cultist.png
109KB, 524x453px
So, how this looks?

>Word Bearers Grand Host
>Warpack
Defiler (warlord)
4 Forgefiend
Warpsmith

>Lost and the Damned (MSU)
Dark Apostle
8 Cultists units

>Lord of the Legion
Daemon Prince Wings, PA, Malefic Tome, Warlord, MoN, ML3

>Spawn
Spawn

>>
>>50806342
Thanks for proving my point

>/40kg/
>sensible

W E W
E
W
>>
>>50806362
no idea what you're trying to do.
>>
Can you help me find a passage in the Ahriman books where Ctesias appearance (wargear etc) is described? I think there was something in Dead Oracle but I cant ctr-f it. Thanks, anon!
>>
>>50798523

>>50806391
>>50806391
>>50806391
>>
>>50806342
>not wanting to be str 5 ap 2
okay friendo
>>
>>50806229
We don't mean powerful rules, we mean fluffy, flavourful rules, which would be better than generic Space Marines.

Even if they were shit.
>>
>>50806362
Well the warpack is a massive fucking waste of it's potential since you've not only taken all daemon-engines, but also the one's that exclusively shoot. And these all cost a shit-tonne of points.

The warpack is supposed to be melee focused, to benefit from Rage when the Alpha dies. also to get the most out of it you should have a helbrute as the Alpha, giving him a 4++ and Character status, Helbrutes turn into good units for only 100ish pts.

You would be better off taking the daemon-pack and 2 Forgefiends within it. having even 1 Fiend at BS5 is much better than 4 without.

You also have an army of WBs but almost no one has Veterans to benefit from the WB rules.
>>
I was planning on sticking the warboss with the nobz but I can see the problem of having a mixed force. However, from what I could gather on the tactics page on 1d4chan nobz were quite good and an added bonus is they are cheap in real money (relative to things like meganobz).
>>
>>50804374
The problem is the picture shows multiple arcos so I'm thinking it's units.
>>
>>50806470
>>50806291
forgot to reply.
>>
>>50806410
The Defiler and f(r)iends are going to be the fire base, with some (3 or 4) units of cultists bubble-wrapping them while they fire at full ROF.

The prince will fly around with 1 roll on nugle and 2 on demonology (plus one extra on demo from the Tome) summoning stuff. As he's a demon will only perils on 6's.

The defiler would re-roll the WT to fish for Latent Powers (so I have another daemon summoner). Spawn is just a suicide tax.
>>
>>50806410
>>50806460
I get what he's trying to do. Warlord Defiler, hoping to get Latent Psyker so it becomes a Daemon Summoner, or to buff it with shooting. He gets free Daemonforge, so Forgefiends can actually work too. That said, it's unoptimized.

>>50806362
I would replace the Prince and Spawn with 2 Palanquin Sorcerers. More chances to fish for Cursed Earth. An ally detachment with Blue Horrors and a Paradox Herald is also a good idea, especially if you drop a Forgefiend for it. That way you either get a reliable summoner, or Prescience for a Fiend of choice.
>>
>>50804265
No, if it was 0-1 model it wouldn't use plural. You don't take "1 Crusaders", you take 1 [datasheet titled] "Crusaders" which is 2-10 models.
>>
>>50803831
Given your cavalry loadout, your power weapons on the DC are useless. Also, TWC are 120 for 3, not 130.

>>50804039
>>50803951
Take them as part of a Company of the Great Wolf detachment for WS5.
>>
>>50801501
I'm in the same situation for inquistion henchman.

GSC...the cult symbols are THICC and going to be a pain in the ass....so much so that I'm probably not going to even try to use them.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the forgeworld chaos renegades.
>>
>>50806979
Use greenstuff to make the symbols into some round medal thing.
>>
>>50804811
I actually quite liked it. The tie in short stories are not bad either.
>>
>>50805421
>Dune conquered that galaxy.

I keep hearing this sort of stuff, but I've never seen anything official stating the scale of the Dune empire. From all I can find online, a lot of the places aren't that far from each other and the Known Universe is not the same as the observable universe, but just the area of space actually explored. I think one faction actually established colonies outside the Known Universe.
>>
>>50804537
Or deathstrike missiles (fluff says they use plasma warheads). Or starcannons (Eldar plasma cannons).
Thread posts: 379
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.