[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General: ORA ORA ORA edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 425
Thread images: 48

File: spiritfighter.jpg (304KB, 1241x900px) Image search: [Google]
spiritfighter.jpg
304KB, 1241x900px
>Latest News
Paladin UA is out! http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/paladin-sacred-oaths/
Be sure to fill out the survey on last week's Monks
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/a6ca24df7196

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>/5eg/'s fucking awesome tool (made by an anon)
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/
Previous thread: >>50788362

What's the best way to emulate a Stand style character in 5E? Some kind of weird warlock/monk homebrew perhaps?
>>
>>50797054
How about you don't try to be just like your Taiwanese Puppet Drama characters in a game that isn't intended to represent that style of character?
>>
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/crcalculator.html

I added a simple CR calculator to 5etools. I'll expand on its features later (want to include hit die calculation and CR-relevant features from the DMG).
>>
>>50797093
I just wanna have a giant demon thing surrounding me that matches my punches.
>>
>>50797115
reflavor a cleric.

done. now quit your shit.
>>
>>50797119
We will never quit, not until the day you stop sucking dick.
>>
New DM questions
>EXP or milestones
>How often should battlemaps come up (even if we don't have minis)
>how much of the first adventure should I have planned out before we start
>homebrew shit: how much in either direction (UA included)
>campaign rips a whole lot of shit from planescape but on the material world (meaning lots of extraplanar shit happening) how often should an encounter hopping off the material plane go into a demiplane vs one of the bigger ones
>>
>>50797115
>I want [insert fluff here] to have its own unique mechanics
>>
>>50797131
Just play pathfinder, they have at least 2 different classes that do that
>>
File: kenseimonk.jpg (45KB, 564x733px) Image search: [Google]
kenseimonk.jpg
45KB, 564x733px
>>50797164
May I ask what they are? I'd be down to try converting them
>>
>>50797164
>implying I don't play both
I also play 4th edition. That doesn't mean I can't want new and interesting mechanics for their own sake.
>>
>>50797181
Spiritualist works pretty well with what you're talking about
also summoner
>>
>>50797181
Spiritualist may have been put in the game just for jojofags.
>>
>>50797181
Good luck converting them

Make sure you post them here so we can laugh at you
>>
File: IMG_0894.jpg (653KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0894.jpg
653KB, 1200x1800px
So I'm assembling a more advanced Devourer to serve as a big bad. What are some neat minions that are undead and complement the fighting style of the Devourer?
>>
>>50797162
If you meet regularly and award XP for roleplaying and advancing the narrative, in addition to combat, then go with XP. If you meet less frequently, or just want to keep everyone at parity, milestones.

Battlemaps are best used when you have a large, climactic encounter you want to run that has to take place in a specific, interesting location. No minis required, you can use coins, dice, cardboard tokens. Other than that, you can mostly handle combat without physical representation.

If you or your players are new to tabletop rpgs in general, or even just 5e specifically, hold back on most homebrew. If you have a player that's dead set on playing a particular character concept that is covered by UA, allow it tentatively, if the concept makes sense for the setting you're running. Be wary of non-UA homebrew without testing. If in doubt, always feel free to ask about it here in /5eg/, though be warned, we tend to get salty about it.

I have no advice for your planescape wackiness, I prefer the Spelljammer approach.
>>
>>50797162
M I L E S T O N E S
>>
>>50797181
Synthesist archetype Summoner, and Spiritualist.
>>
>>50797251
Undead Chef
>>
This UA is flaming hot trash.
>lets add two more edge and angst paladin archetypes on top of the two we already have
Removing the alignment restriction was a mistake
>>
>>50797264
How often is frequently for that first point? Cause I was planning on awarding full XP at least for solving puzzles and routing enemies to try and discourage murder-hoboing and encourage actually talking shit out. Part of the setting i'm running is a bit less pure good and evil shit so talking would be fine. and maybe social situations if they're a full mission but i'm not certain. I'm definitely getting them to 3 real damn fast.
>>
>>50797300
Nah they're fine
Our paladin just converted from vengeance to conquest last night. It lines up way better with his character.
>>
>>50797323
If you're doing that and have at least 2 sessions of good length a month, you're good.
>>
>>50797264
>Spelljammer
Seems cool and definitely solves the problem of the one single world feeling far too important from the perspective of the rest of the material universe. I gotta read dat shit at somepoint.
>>
Can monks grapple or shove with their bonus action unarmed strike/s?
>>
>>50797097
what does the 'use saves' box stand for?
>>
>>50797097
Thoughts on sending a new player here to get an overview of classes and races instead of giving them the PHB or whatever? My experience is that most newbs wont even flip through it unless I'm directly in front of them and then its easier for me to just answer their questions myself.
>>
>>50797412
Here being this github not the CR calc obviously.
>>
File: 1384017857597.gif (482KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1384017857597.gif
482KB, 400x300px
>>50797054
Toying around with a homebrew race for a setting I'm going to run. Was considering racial shield proficiency since shields are a signature piece of equipment for this race, but that seems a bit too powerful. Am I correct in thinking this or am I worrying too much?
>>
File: THEJESTER.jpg (369KB, 1183x2100px) Image search: [Google]
THEJESTER.jpg
369KB, 1183x2100px
>>50797215
>>50797227
>>50797197
OP here, i'll be honest i've never actually watched Jojo. I just really like the OP image's flavor and wanted something based around that. After reading the spiritualist, that definitely seems more like the flavor I'm going for, having a spirit that's binded to you as a kind of super-familiar seems super interesting, especially if it has its own goals
>>
>>50797165
Just added a ritual filter/(ritual) tag as part of search. Should go live here in a few.

>>50797396
If a creature's damage output is based more on save-based abilities rather than attacks, you use the saving throw DC to calculate instead.

At the moment the page assumes you've read through the monster creation rules (DMG pg. ~275).
>>
New player here. Is eldritch knight good?

I've always wanted to be an arcane swordsman type character, and I'm excited that EK is an archtype in the core handbook, but I worry they may not be that good in combat. How are they?
>>
>>50797479
They're a fighter, so they're good in combat by default.

Above the base fighter class, they have the potential for great utility and defense. They're good.
>>
>>50797479
They always do fine in combat, since the Base fighter class in 5e is actually decent in combat. Their spellcasting progression is a bit stunted, and the restriction on most of your spells needing to be either Abjuration or Evocation hurts in terms of flexibility. If you stick with mostly Abjuration spells, you'll be fine since those will enhance your already significant defenses as opposed to trying to simply shore up. There are a few Evocation spells that are definitely worth picking up, but don't really come into play until higher levels. The Cantrips from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide really help though, and most DMs allow them.
>>
>>50797444
Eh, I wouldn't worry too much. If it's that integral have it in there along with whatever racial powers they get but just nerf the other ones or remove them entirely for the sake of balance after a little bit of trial an error
>>
>>50797444
Hey man, if Mountain dwarfs can get racial Heavy Armor and a shitload of weapons, your homebrewsm'n can totally get shields.
>>
>>50797554
Yeah, I had planned to do something along those lines. Regardless, I plan to post it here for people to pick apart, rewrite it, then upload again for people to use.

>>50797574
That's true. I totally forgot about Dwarves. Thank you both
>>
>>50797574
i thought they only get medium armor
>>
So one of my players is a Lore Bard that constantly swings between stupidly broken and completely useless in whatever fight he's in.
One fight he's got a hill giant running scared while the other players wail on it, another he's literally burying himself in the sand to hide from a dragon while everybody else gets wrecked. In the first fight of our latest campaign he had to fake his own death in an illusionary pit of lava so the first enemy they face would stop wrecking him. Whenever his spells fail, he's fairly useless and his player complains, but when his spells hit, he's overpowered and the other players complain.
Is it worth giving him some kind of melee weapon that will boost his usefulness when the enemies make their saving throws, or is that going to make him even more overpowered when they don't?
Or are there tactics or spells he should focus on so he's not dead weight half the time in combat?
>>
>>50797601
That they do, my mistake.

The point still stands, though. Shitload of weapons, light, and medium armor proficiency, in addition to skills and resistances, AND a second +2 ability score. Dwarves are actually a pretty loaded race.
>>
How would one stat out, or even flavor, some Fae-touched dinosaurs?
In my campaign the party will be coming across a Land That Time Forgot rip-off. Since that would be untouched nature I want it to have a Fey crossing with a strong influence from the Feywild affecting the creatures and the land, so some fucked savage and magical shit.
>>
>>50797624
Inspire more? if he is liberally using inspiration, and the party is winning because of it, he can take credit.
>>
File: shittyfacedino.png (91KB, 236x204px) Image search: [Google]
shittyfacedino.png
91KB, 236x204px
>>50797685
forgot pic
>>
File: 1481981201093.jpg (709KB, 1355x2082px) Image search: [Google]
1481981201093.jpg
709KB, 1355x2082px
>>50797054
What are good magic items for eldritch knights?
>>
>>50797412
Classes probably not so much, that page needs a lot of work.

Everything else: sure.
>>
>>50797706
Those are called dragons
>>
>>50797650
The reasoning is that +2 strength is 99% of the time only useful for classes that already get medium armor proficiency, while those that want the medium armor have no need for the strength. Weapon proficiencies are mostly just ribbons, while shield and armor proficiencies are trickier because they are quite powerful for some classes and entirely useless for others.
>>
>>50797650
To be fair, back during the playtest they did have heavy armor proficiency but it got nerfed to light and medium.
>>
>>50797716
Any other good resources then? I got one potential player who works like 50 hours and his only day off is the day we play. I also work a pretty full schedule so we can't just meet up on our time off.
>>
Quick visit to /tg/ to ask, does anyone have a link to those compilations of "critical successes going badly?" Like the whole "Roll a 20, you punched out his heart and alert the whole castle from his scream." type things?
>>
>>50797779
The pdf?
>>
File: Q0ol-Ylx.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Q0ol-Ylx.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
>playing martials when casters are available
>>
>>50797698
I think one of the problems is that he feels like he's not participating directly in combat, so I might talk to him about making another character, since the Lore Bard seems almost all support and utility.
It's gonna be hard because he's by far the most lolrandom player of the group, and refuses to make a decent backstory. His character is literally a "mysterious, unnamed bard" that's chaotic neutral and a gnome.
I wouldn't play with him at all if he didn't come up with the most ingenious solutions to shit from time to time.

Sorry, went on a bit of a rant.
>>
>>50797819
>pursuing dissociative power fantasies
>feeling smug
>shitposting
>>
>>50797808
I tried but apparently 300 pages is intimidating, even though I told his he really only needs to read the races and classes he is interested in. I figured some sort of web app the contains the same information would be more inviting to flip through then the full pdf.
>>
>>50797097
I checked this link out earlier, this will be absolutely useful. Sent it to my GM and fellow players as well. Will it be possible in the future to filter for spells with the (Ritual) tag?
>>
>>50797861
Found the useless martial
>>
>>50797871
Your other option is to ask him what he wants to play and make his sheet for him.
>>
>>50797871
I get that 5e is the simplest edition and streamlined a lot of stuff, but if that's the mentality I'd recommend playing a less rules-heavy game. I'm not a fan of Dungeon World but Apocalyse World is fantastic if you're ok with post-apoc.
>>
>>50797873
Should be there soon >>50797466
>>
>>50797923
D'oh, missed that. Awesome, thanks so much! Taking a Pact of the Tome warlock, so anything with a ritual tag is my shopping list.
>>
>>50797479
it's alright. personally i'd prefer a slightly wider spell selection, because as it stands it has little to no capabilities for a ranged spell fighter (but now we have arcane archer for that) and you'll usually find yourself spread a bit thin as far as spell choices, but like the other anon said, it's great at abjurations to tank up or support allies
>>
What class should my character be?

He's intense and very passionate. Usually a hot mess, even when calm he's very expressive. Always going with his gut, he trusts himself wholly.
Also, he's got a good sense of humor and a bit accident prone. But finds that alot of his accidents end up having a positive result.
Trusts the fates, trusts himself.

Background : Guild Artisan(Sculptor)

He's an artist, he sculpts. Alot of the time he finds inspiration or overcomes artist block from a happy accident.

Why did he start adventuring? - He had artist's block and accidentally, while pacing, knocked over one of his sculptures.
It broke and in the rubble he believes he saw a sign that he'd find inspiration out in the world being an adventurer.
>>
>>50798042
When in doubt just pick rogue
>>
File: supercritfail.png (33KB, 1281x594px) Image search: [Google]
supercritfail.png
33KB, 1281x594px
>>50797790
best I got
>>
>>50798042
Sounds like a bard to me.
>>
>>50798042
Maybe a cleric or some shit
Tie in the artistry and fates with some god of art
>>
>>50798042
Level 0 commoner. Any actual class would be a stretch as he has zero abilities or specialities that relate to adventuring.
>>
File: 1479322408090.jpg (92KB, 500x711px) Image search: [Google]
1479322408090.jpg
92KB, 500x711px
What would you say is the strongest fighter archetype?
>>
File: FeeldustCrusaders.png (81KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
FeeldustCrusaders.png
81KB, 750x1000px
>>50797054
Wasn't the barb UA pretty much 2/3'd jojo? With Path of the Ancestral Guardian being a punch ghost during rage and Path of the Zealot being Johnathan and Joseph minus Hamon?
>>
>>50797722
I was think of things like Blink Velociraptors, or something has a Sprites poison. Using Darklings as template would be interesting also.
>>
>>50798126
Battlemaster, maybe Knight.
>>
>>50798126
Battlemaster is by far the best at battlefield control and team tactics. It's definitely my favorite, but I don't have the math to say it's the strongest.
>>
>>50798126
Battlemaster. Best average damage, most versatility in combat, gets at least some noncombat use.

And I fucking hate this fact.
>>
>>50798042
Bard or cleric

Paladin if you really wanna go for the
>he believes in himself
bit but he'd get proficiencies from nowhere.
>>
>>50798096

Not quite what I was after, but I had a hearty kek at the pic anyway. Cheers.
>>
>>50798135
You can only punch ghost on reaction for 2d8 upon getting hit. You could do it but you'd have to get to 14 first.
>>
>>50797819
>not blending martial and magical talents
>specializing like an insect
>>
>>50798067
Really? But does it even make sense? He's accident prone and passionate/boisterous. Just doesn't make sense imo.

>>50798102
It makes some sense, but i have a hard time wrapping my head around a sculptor being a bard. I mean, i can totally refluff the music to art...but at the same time, i have a hard time accepting that he'd have the raw materials on hand all the time to sculpt little statues to cast spells with. The idea was he sculpted out of large slabs of marble.

>>50798104
>>50798233
Is there a domain you recommend refluffing for that? Knowledge maybe?

>>50798105
I was thinking that maybe him chiseling and hammering marble, would give him a strong arm and proficiency with a kind of weapon, like a warpick.
>>
>>50798264
Thri-kreen Master Race
>>
>>50798264
>Relying on magic in a contest of arms
Shamefur Dispray

>>50798299
kek

>>50798282
Sculptors rarely go directly from idea to chiseling.
>>
>>50798282
>warpick proficiency
Peasants would probably get pitchfork proficiency. That doesn't make them adventurers. I'm just saying that the backstory includes nothing as to how they have the powers of an adventurer. It'd be easy to add devotion to a god, artsy bard magic, warlock patron (seeker or something).
>>
>>50798282
I'm surprised no one suggested Wild Mage. Did you want Wild Mage?
>>
File: man_ape_sm.jpg (551KB, 800x1014px) Image search: [Google]
man_ape_sm.jpg
551KB, 800x1014px
I've only just picked up 5e and while I usually prefer more subtle support characters, I like to theorize with game mechanics, especially before I'm going to GM.

What're the highest reliable damage per round options looking like? Fighters look like they get a lot of attacks.
>>
>>50798397
I think the last big one I saw was something like a paladin. Throwing in smites and what not. Your damage per round though will start to fizzle out once you run out of spell slots.
>>
>>50798126
Champion if you get hardly any rests yet do lots of fighting or for a 3 level dip synergy. Champion is actually not too bad at the very high levels.
EK if you want to be a tank.
Battlemaster however will generally be the best with the exception of the two above.
Knight is good if your DM never attacks you in the first place.
Samurai is good for a three level dip.
>>
>>50798397
Level 5 fighter can do 110 damage in a turn, sorcerer/warlock can do less and needs setup but several turns in a row with 2 Eldritch Blasts every turn on a Hexed target, paladin and rogue do good damage, especially on a crit.
>>
>>50797715
> 5e
> magic item
Entirely depend on your DM
>>
>>50798354
Okay, so I built the character out of rolling stats.
I rolled a 9 on Charisma. So I am reluctant to take any Cha based classes. I don't really see Artists as being Charismatic.

When i roll stats i take them in-order and based on if the stat is below 10 or above 13 i assign a personality trait

Statistic High Low
Strength : Forceful - Defiant
Dexterity : Overconfident - Silly
Constitution : Hearty - Distracted
Wisdom : Sensitive - Paranoid
Intelligence : Technical - Honest
Charisma : Calculating - Spontaneous

Forceful because they are used to people getting out of their way
Defiant because they are used to people pushing them around
Overconfident because they are used to having great control of their body
Silly because they are used to being accident prone and just make jokes about it now
Hearty because they always feel healthy and lively
Distracted because they always feel too exhausted to be focused
Sensitive because they are overly receptive to many senses and interactions with others
Paranoid because they don't understand how anything works
Technical because they have a lot of knowledge and want to share it
Honest because they don't have the knowledge to construct a believable lie and they know it.
Calculating because they are used to people following them
Spontaneous because they are used to people ignoring their suggestions/presence, so fuck it.

Str - 16 - Forceful
Dex - 9 - Silly
Con - 11 - N/A
Wis - 14 - Sensitive
Int - 12 - N/A
Cha - 9 - Spontaneous

Those are the stats, and out of those traits i came up with him being a passionate and emotional artist who relies on happy accidents.
>>
>>50797479
Eldritch Knight is less spellsword slinging and more of a
>Good luck I'm behind 7 arcane wards
kind of character in my experience. You get to throw some spells, but getting magically tanky is your real power.
>>
>>50797715
A magical javelin
>>
hi
>>
>>50798541
Yo, hows it goin?
>>
>>50797323
That's good anon. Remember: AWARD XP FOR OVERCOMING A CHALLENGE, NOT REDUCING IT TO 0 HIT POINTS.
>>
>>50798546
ok
>>
>>50798477
Okay, that is a shitty system, those are shit stats, and I will have no more with this shitty character.
>>
File: 1481213471618.gif (516KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1481213471618.gif
516KB, 500x281px
>>50798477
>>
File: 1470892312423.jpg (1MB, 847x1059px) Image search: [Google]
1470892312423.jpg
1MB, 847x1059px
>>50798449
Not that guy, but >Level 5 fighter can do 110 damage in a turn

How
Am I missing something
Am I dumb
>>
>>50797054
>>50798258
Then start Open Hand monk and reflavor Ki abilities as a Punch Ghost
-Flurry is ORAORAORA
-Patient Defense/Deflect Missiles is your stand protecting you
-Step of the wind is your stand pulling you like Josuke and Okuyasu do in DiU
Max you would need in monk would be 3 but you would probably go 4 for ASI.
Then go 14 Barb for path of ancestors to reaction punch ghost. The other 2 levels take some sort of caster or go variant human for magic initiate to get magic for your stand abilities.

Oh and make sure you have proficiency in performance for posing
>>
>>50798572
>>50798583
Triggered. Kek.

Why is it a shit system?
>>
>>50798477
This is the proper way to do D&D.

Though there are other traits that can be applied, and it's somewhat of opinion.

For example, you need charisma to be spontaneous in a charismatic way. Otherwise, you'll often find yourself at a loss for words.
A paranoid person may have a high wisdom as they're always watching or always aware, or they might have some mental issue which means they can't tell what's real and what's not.

Some other things like 'distracted' on constitution seem weird. Sure, these are all personality traits, but isn't it better to do character traits? A low con character might have some long-term disease and often have coughing fits.
>>
>>50798477
I like the general idea of this, though I disagree with a few of the specific traits. Might steal this system for use in generating NPC's
>>
>>50797093
>a game that isn't intended to represent that style of character
Do you know what D&D even is broseph
>>
>>50797338
So he was either bad at playing his Oath to begin with, bad at playing his Oath now, or your party is ten kinds of fucked up for wanting to hang out with this douche
>>
>>50797479
EKs aren't fun, they're for pumping your AC and resistances any time something deals damage to you and then telling the DM to fuck off. If you just want to play a tank, go for it. If you want to have fun in combat and out, play something other than Fighter.
>>
>>50798617
Well, I'd expect it to be...

Starting with 16 strength and variant human for GWM, they then up strength.
18 strength.
They now have
4d6+14 attack with GWF (attack action, crit)
4d6+14 attack with GWF (attack action, crit)
4d6+14 attack with GWF (GWM bonus, crit)
reaction attack
4d6+14 attack with GWF (reaction, crit)
action surge
4d-
You get the fucking idea.
6 attacks.
each deals 38 damage.
228 total.

Okay, let's assume none of those are crits, yet they still get a bonus and a reaction, and they score average on their GWF dice (2d6 = 8.33 average)
133.98 total.
Okay, remove the reaction attack, because that one's a little silly.

~110 in a turn.
However, they must:
A) Hit, despite having -5 to hit on all attacks
B) Use action surge
C) Trigger a bonus attack (crit / kill something)
I haven't considered things like battlemaster dice, however (that could add a bit more damage).

I was going to say it's bullshit, but whatever the anon said is actually fairly reasonable. A level 5 fighter can do about 110 in a turn if they use action surge and hit every GWM attack.
>>
>>50798617
I feel like I'm missing something too, granted I've never played a fighter. I'm seeing a max of 5 attacks at 5d10+6 (possibly another +3 but if you have a +3 sword at level 5 something has gone wrong)

No idea where the other 30 damage is coming from.
>>
>>50798654
>reflavor
this, kouhais
>>
>>50797479
Medium armour, focus on using Dex so your main weapons are a rapier or shortsword with casting focus in other hand.
Don't go for more than seven levels in it, by that time switch to wizard.
>>
>>50797715
Shield of shields.
When you cast the shield spell you gain an additional +2 AC.
>>
>>50798793
>>50798617
Oh, since I mentioned battlemaster in there, it's worth mentioning that if the fighter has a source of advantage and uses all their superiority dice on precision strike, they could very well hit every single attack out of those five. With four attacks, they're very likely to trigger the bonus attack with either a crit or a kill, and the possibility of getting a crit would increase the average damage.

Yes, I'll say a level 5 fighter definitely is capable of dealing out 110 damage in one turn. It won't normally happen, but it can very feasibly happen.
>>
>>50798690
Thanks, i appreciate it.
I mostly chose Distracted on Low Constitution because when you roll a Concentration check it is a Constitution Save. So logically those who have low con could be easily distracted, and I've enjoyed playing characters who are easily distracted.
>We're going to save the Prin...
>SQUIRREL!

Alot of the choices are for personality traits are there to foster an active playstyle. I want to be a more active player because I enjoy roleplaying more than combat. I used to create characters based on mechanical ideas or based on race first. I wanted to play a Beetle-Knight type character and I got shit on by my DM and 5eg, and i spent time trying to focus on building a system to generate characters starting with personality, proceeding to background, then "why they started adventuring", then class, and finally picking a race that made sense. It is more of an exercise than practical imo, to create better habits when creating a character that focuses on character.

Low Charisma was the hardest option to figure out imo. I could have just put "Direct" or "Blunt" instead of Spontaneous. Though Low Cha would probably just be someone who lacks a powerful personality in social situations. Maybe someone who is awkward. But again, i felt like that didn't foster an active playstyle.

>>50798695
Thanks! I picked traits I liked roleplaying more than what made 100% sense, with consideration that they'd foster an active playstyle. Additionally, I wanted to make sure each trait was neither negative nor positive. I could have easily made High Strength be "Angry" and Low Intelligence be "Idiotic". I don't think my "chart" is for everyone, though I think making your own chart for this stuff would be fun and helpful.
>>
>>50798911
Well, I can sort of see that happening. Con is sort of steadfastness, and low con would be something of being a pushover who can't hold out and has to go to the toilet every five minutes instead of getting on with the journey.

Low charisma could be a few things, from 'punchable face' to 'lack of self-confidence' to 'unempathetic' to 'rude/tactless' to .. Honestly, you could do 'spontaneous' if it's in the sense of 'talks before he thinks about what he's saying'

I wouldn't assign any specific one trait, but think about what traits a stat might confer. It's always nice to think of low int as not 'oh, it's a dump stat but I want my character to be smart anyway so I don't have to roleplay any bad options' or 'Hurr, hogdor is dum' but instead having a notable quirk to it, such as a really bad memory yet being quite smart otherwise.
>>
>>50797983
Bladesinger is an archtype for wizards in Sword-Coast adventure guide, basically Wizards with a barbarian-rage esque "I'm decent in melee combat now." channel a few times a day.

Because it's limited to twice a day, it's pretty substantial so worthwhile using but also lets you do your standard caster thing most of the time and just step into melee for a fight every now and then when you feel like it. Pretty fun and a better fit for your arcane swordsman build.

Bladesingers CAN dual-wield this edition, giving them up to three or four attacks in combat if you support with haste, just make sure to pay attention to drawing-sheathing your weapon to cast spells.

Alternatively, Red-Dragon Sorcerers can make pretty nice Gish if you just feel like throwing in the odd quickened greenfire blade from time to time. If your GM is open to twists, Spell-point-Sorcerers are almost on level with other full casters and fun as hell to boot.
>>
File: 1474144375147.gif (354KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
1474144375147.gif
354KB, 240x200px
>>50798656
>>
>>50799018
>twice a long rest

Oh, you naive child of the summer tree.
It's twice every short rest.
Which means, pretty much every single combat that ever happens ever, unless your DM throws three consecutive battles without a minute between them without a short rest.
>>
>>50799089
Short rest huh? So you can pretty much Spellbarian rage pretty often but you don't want to do it too often because you ARE a wizard after all, even with haste and shield spells in your pocket.
>>
>>50799141
Whatever it is, it's far too often. But then again, most wizard level 2 abilities are spammable. Except maybe portent.

Still, the AC wizardry is a bit silly.
>>
>>50797054
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rm45ue70ve5w9n7/The%20Monk.docx?dl=0
Has a stand archetype so...
>>
>>50797479
If your willing to jump straight into "Varient rules" and your GM is open, ask for Spellpoint Sorcerer.

Basically it uses the Spellpoint varient rules on a Sorcerer, to give you a unique casting method.

Spellpoints are instead of having Four 1st level spell slots, and Two 2nd level spell slots, you have 12 Spell points, can spend 2 for a 1st level spell, 3 for a 2nd, although my numbers might be wrong. You still have the exact same amount of spells to use, but more freedom in how to spend them. Spellpoint Sorcerers combine this rule with Sorcery point rules to give you a single resource pool to expend.

While most casters manage their spell slots, a Sorcerer simply has X sorcery points, and from this they conjure their spells and metamagic effects. They have the freedom to hulk out and lay down a series of 3rd level spells, or they can surge their power into a enough 5th level spells boosted by metamagic to make a warlock blush. Or they can just sit back and hurl out 1st level spells all day every day, or just complement their firepower with Quickened-Cantrips.
>>
>>50798793
Clonse, PAM instead of upping strength and using a halberd. Assumes all attacks hit and that you get damage from your sup dice, but also assumes you do not get an AoO (which is more likely since you have PAM), that you don't crit at all (considering Trip will be one of the attacks that's unlikely) and also I didn't keep GWF in mind so the damage is boosted a bit by that. You do 4 polearm attacks, then 1 with the butt end for d10+3+10 x 4 + 1d4+3+10 = 89.5 damage. With the 4 d8 sup dice you can add another 18 for a total of 107.5.
>>
>>50799407
>Clonse
Close*
>>
>>50798793
I have a better idea.

Play a Wizard.

Watch your chump friend play this fighter.

Make four clones of him with Simularicalicrum, you just outpaced his damage fourfold.
>>
>>50799407
Well, there's more than one method of doing a load of damage, but they all involve GWM/Sharpshooter and an action surge.
>>
does pack tactics work once per turn or on all attacks that meet criteria? The wording says AN ATTACK, but it does not specify one per turn.
>>
>>50799586
all attacks
>>
>>50799586

for reference: a level 4 kobold sorcerer using Scorching Ray.
>>
>>50799602
yep, so long as an ally is next to the target you get advantage on all rolls to hit
>>
>>50799456
Magic Jar + Clone too.
>>
>>50799012

>Honestly, you could do 'spontaneous' if it's in the sense of 'talks before he thinks about what he's saying'
The idea was that their presence always goes unnoticed because they have no strength of personality so they say "fuck it" and just do things.
>No ones gonna listen to me anyways, no sense in sitting here twiddling my dick.

>I wouldn't assign any specific one trait, but think about what traits a stat might confer.
I agree, though this is less of a system for generating characters and more of a system for developing better character creation habits. So I wanted something quick and easy.

I think normally people look at characters in media that they like and that inspires their D&D characters. My main issue is my favorite characters are usually the ones that are monstrous and I like them due to their visuals. Usually big burly gross monsters with spikes, horns, hooves, tusks, hair etc etc.
My DM however shits on that kinda stuff. He doesn't want me playing anything close to a monster, for instance Dragonborn aren't allowed in his setting because he thinks most villagers/peasants would grab a torch and pitchfork if a Dragon-man walked into town. He refers to anything monstrous as a "bullshit character"
When he started his recent campaign he sat down me and 2 other players and had a talk with us about "bullshit characters"
>No monster-characters
>No gods reborn in mortal form
>No conspiracy theory/Illuminati characters

Example
I really like Darth Vader. But not for his personality. I like his presence. He's so austere looking and he's just this physical monolith of a character. Additionally his Helmet is cool looking. I kinda like how he says things so matter-of-factly. But hardly enough to inspire a character out of.

Or from recent media

Tars from Interstellar. When i saw how that weird fucking robot thing walked around I was fucking into that shit right away. Can't really build a personality off of that idea.
>>
>>50797054
Anyone ever make an evil PC into a good party or vice versa and have it work out?

Would like to hear some stories about it.
>>
Stat me /5eg/
>>
hi
>>
File: 1472099500331.png (83KB, 212x218px) Image search: [Google]
1472099500331.png
83KB, 212x218px
>>50800116
>>>/a/
>>
Here's a real lazy Christmas based adventure from an idea I had. going to run it as a 1 shot tomorrow which is why there are no side quests or anything and then mod it before running it for friends on Christmas Day
Merry Christmas, you fucks.
>>
>>50800270
holy fuck that was CP
click the wrong file?
>>
>>50800270
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B86jrMO7QGC4THpmdWFzMjVNRlk/view?usp=sharing
>>
>>50800311
I don't know what the fuck happened.
>>
>>50799456
>simularicalicrum

lolwut
>>
>>50799456
Because you can totally cast that four times in one round, at level five.
>>
>>50797715
A book that lets them learn spells that aren't evocation/abjuration.
>>
>>50800495
And lets them cast any ritual in the book (as a ritual) without being prepared.
>>
File: 20130109.png (854KB, 600x887px) Image search: [Google]
20130109.png
854KB, 600x887px
>Give my players a quest to attend a fancy ball
>Flesh out the characters
>Add political intrigue
>Hint at a conspiracy
>"I got this on lock. No way my players can derail this"
>By the end of the session they're plotting eco-terrorism
>mfw
>>
Is this in the mega? I can't find it
https://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/dungeonology
>>
>>50800739
No. It's a children's book with popup elements. It's not something that can reasonably be scanned.
>>
What 3 Maneuvers from the Battlemaster can be good for Monks?
>>
How have you/How would you make Strength as useful as Dexterity?
>>
>>50800935

Tripping, Riposte, Disarm
>>
>>50801024
Strength requirements on almost every martial weapon (and some bigger simple ones) so you can't dump it, even just requiring 10 to use a longsword would be reasonable.
>>
>>50798126
>>50798186
>>50798216
>>50798428
Monster Hunter and Scout with Martial Adept are literally the Battle Master with respectable out of combat utility and unique tricks like adding Superiority Dice to saves or halving damage instead of weak ribbons.

Samurai is a Barbarian dip without sacrificing the fourth attack. Has an actually epic capstone for once unlike 90% of martial archetypes. It's social perks are too weak.

Abjuration singlehandedly saves the Eldrith Knight from Arcane Trickster levels of mediocrity.

Battle Master, Cavelier with Martial Adept <-- You must be this high to be considered a passable archetype

Knight is shut down by a common status immunity. The rest is a Feat.

Sharpshooter would make a decent gunslinger if your DM is anal about Sharpshooter or Crossbow Mastery not applying to pistols. But a DM like that that won't let you play UA classes.

Purple Dragon Knight: at least it's better than a Champion.

Champion, what you give your retarded kid brother to play so he shuts up. >inb4 i like it
>>
>>50801162
>Arcane Trickster levels of mediocrity.
Aren't they generally considered the best rogue archetype? Familiar, booming blade, illusions and invisibility work great for a rogue.
>>
>>50797479
How do you guys feel about removing the spell restrictions on EK?

How about allowing them to choose what class they get spells from, like say Druid or Warlock?
>>
>>50801191
Assassin is miles ahead of every other rogue archetype and likely will be for the entirety of 5e.
>>
>Playing as an Aarakocra from the elemental evil player's companion
>Level 3; Barb 1 Rogue 2
>Orc warboss challenges party to a duel, background is an ex-slave arena fighter with a big ego so my character accepts
>He slices off 2/3rds of my health before I even have a chance to rage to get damage reduction
>oh shit
>what the fuck do I do
>wait
>Remember I can fly, but don't want to just cheese it by retreating and plinking at him with a ranged weapon, that'd just be a dick move
>Bonus action rage and grapple him instead
>Succeed because advantage
>Immediately fly 25 ft straight up and threaten to drop him

If I had already been raging I could have spent that bonus action on a dash and moved the full 50 feet up and dropped him immediately for 5d6.

This is going to be a fun campaign.
>>
>>50801228
Yeah the generally awful, situationally decent archetype is the best one, when there's also a 1/3 caster and the thief.
>>
>>50801191
>booming blade
It's better on a Cha based Rogue with Magic Initiate.

>Familiar
Clashes with Versatile Trickster which is shit anyways. Is more reliably summoned with Ritual Caster. Advantage is already easy for a Rogue without spending features or resoures.

>illusions
Minor Illusion cantrip is all you really need, see Magic Initiate

>invisbility
Poor man's Pass Without Trace. Thief gets it at will.
>>
>>50801245

The archetype is actually pretty good if your DM pays attention to the surprise rules (hint: if you beat their passive perception with your stealth, they're surprised). That said, most players should make more use out of the endlessly fun RP options it offers.
>>
>>50801228
Assassin is so terrible
>>
>>50801291
The surprise rules actually say that they're only surprised if they detect *no* danger, so the entire group has to successfully ambush them in most situations and also get a higher initiative than them, in order to get auto-crits.
>>
>>50801291
Yeah it's not that bad but a lot of them don't do that and to be fair a lot of situations don't really allow for just straight ups stealthing in and surprising. Another issue is that they get stronger in fights they already have an advantage in and where they probably won't need it, while closer fights where they don't have a good setup are unchanged.
>>
>>50801228
Swashbuckler and Inquisitive are better and much more fun.
>>
How should i go about making this character /5eg/? I'm fairly new to the system and was wondering if you could help me out.
>High level cleric
>Healing people left and right, curing diseases like a boss
>Fall in love with patient
>Demonic taint in her blood makes her disease incurable, magic only extends the little time she has
>The two get married and live happily for four years before she succumbs to illness.
>Character renounces his god for not granting him the power to save her as he had saved so many before her
>Remembers his ancestor dabbled in dark magic
>Finds his tomb and uses his notes to bind her spirit to her skeleton
>Uses it as a magical focus to cast necromancy, can talk to her spirit
>Travels the world honing his abilities and searching for a way to bring back his beloved wife
Is there a way for Warlocks to specialize in necromancy or should I go the undead cleric route? I was thinking of having his pact be with the soul of his wife.
>>
>>50801322

Generally if possible I think the assassin should be sneaking ahead of the party, though at higher levels they'll need the help of magic probably just to find ways of sneaking around. I guess it works better if you're a shadow monk dipping into assassin since you get permanent invisibility.

>>50801329

Good points.
>>
>>50797115
ORA ORA ORA
>>
>>50801394
One player sneaking ahead of the party is at best a fun diversion and at worst completely boring for the rest of the table. If it's happening routinely then you can guarantee the other players will become miffed. The rogue will get to make all the interesting decisions while exploring, will kill one or two guys in an encounter then run away, and will get first dibs on any treasure(!).
>>
>>50797449
>OP here, i'll be honest i've never actually watched Jojo.
uh huh
>>
>>50801539
>The rogue will get to make all the interesting decisions while exploring, will kill one or two guys in an encounter then run away, and will get first dibs on any treasure(!).
this is basically me in my party but i don't ever go ahead, i mostly actually stay in the back away from harm. so i don't see a problem with this really.
>>
>>50801550
As long as your table is happy, you're doing nothing wrong, as always. Being ahead does make it worse as the DM might not allow others to interject about things they haven't 'seen yet'.
>>
How are shadow sorcerers?
>>
I'm trying to make an armor system thats a little more piecemeal for a campaign in which the party starts off with just the clothes on their backs in a megadungeon. Can you guys help me out a bit? Heres what I have so far, highly subject to change.

Helmets: +1 AC

Gambeson: 11 + Dex modifier AC

Brigandine: +1 AC, Dex modifier maximum +2, can be worn over a Gambeson.
Breastplate: +3 AC, Dex modifier maximum +2, can be worn over a Gambeson.

Chain Hauberk: AC 15, disadvantage on Stealth.

so basically gambeson is your light armor, then you can find some things that turn your armor into medium armor, or you can wear heavy armor, and helmets are useful.

I'm thinking about decreasing some of the AC bonuses, and adding arms and legs, that would be on piece probably, and give you something like "+1 AC, -1 to maximum Dex modifier", but I don't know if thats too far.

Its hard to work in an 11-18 range and keep things pieced together in any significant way. I might just give up but I'm trying to work my way through it.

Again, I'm not trying to improve the armor system, I'm trying to make an armor scavenging system. I think simple is better generally, but I want to have this be a little extra thing to do in a mega dungeon starting from nothing.
>>
>>50801595
So admitting your char have a +2 Dex modifier
Gambeson+breastplate : 11+3 AC + 2 dex mod gambeson +2 dex mod breastplate = 18 AC ?
Or maybe the dex mod cap from the breastplate overwrite the gambeson one so only 16 AC ?
Alternatively the chain hauberk provide 15 AC AND a disadvantage on stealth check, seem total crap gear for me.
>>
>>50800807
Yes.
>>50798617
"Level 5 fighter can do 110 damage in a turn"
>>
>>50801024
StrMod = physical DR, once per round

?
>>
File: jouster_by_quargon-d7v47dr.png (1MB, 1024x1301px) Image search: [Google]
jouster_by_quargon-d7v47dr.png
1MB, 1024x1301px
>>50801717
Yeah sorry, the Dex modifier overwrites. So gambeson + breastplate with 14 dex (+2 mod) would be 11 + 3 + 2 = 16 AC.

What I was trying to reproduce was leather, which ends up a bit better because you can wear a helmet, scale mail, which ends up being a tiny bit worse as brigandine + gambeson (13 with a helmet + 2 dex versus 14 + 2 dex) but has no disadvantage on sneaking, and chain mail, which is equal to chain hauberk + helmet (both 16 AC).

Thats the three starter armors you can have, and then I started adding a breastplate, which is 14 + 2 dex, same as gambeson + breastplate, but can also get a helmet.

Chain hauberk is kind of crap, but I think I just need to nerf the breastplate. BUT since I'll be controlling the gear they cna get, I should mention that I wasn't going to be freely throwing around breastplates.

Breastplate + gambeson + helmet = 15 + 2 dex AC, but if you have low dex a chain hauberk + a helmet is 16 AC, which could be one better.

Maybe I should make the breastplate just +2 AC. I don't know. I keep looping back in my thoughts on it.
>>
>>50801365
Your characters bad and you should feel bad.
>>
>>50801799
this is really complicated and doesn't actually accomplish anything
>>
>>50797377
I'm pretty sure the PHB says grapples can't be made with bonus actions, but only regular action attacks
>>
>>50801834
Fuck, you're probably right. What I wanted was to make armor instead of "you find a full set of whatever armor", the players can find bits and pieces and construct what they can out of what they can find in good enough condition. I've gone through a bunch of revisions, but I think the truth is just that its not a large enough AC range in absolute numbers to really have a system like that.

All I did was basically add helmets I guess which isn't really much. I even started making some cards in illustrator for them. Maybe I'll try it out in a one shot but honestly my fear has been that you're right. Its basically just adding needless complication to a game that we all appreciate for its simplification of things.
>>
>>50801855
Why would they specify that and then have a feat be able to do it? It doesn't say attack action so I doubt it can be used to grapple but haste and so on definitely can.
>>
>>50801856
Another GM here chiming in that I agree with him. Don't bother statting out the system, definitely don't force your players to learn it.

Just keep it simple. "You scavenge a helmet, some bracers, and a breastplate off your fallen foe - you figure the AC when donned would be about *insert what you feel is appropriate relative to the RAW full set values*" Go on to describe how the pieces of armor look to breathe life into them.

Bam, added immersion without overcomplication, they won't know that the piecemeal illusion is an illusion.
>>
>>50801908
Wanna meetup irl? I'd kiss your neck.
>>
New fronts to match up with DM'd guild stuff. Added Paladin UA, Priestess from newest issue of Dragon+.
>>
>>50801917
Consider it a date
>>
>>50801595

Whatever you do, don't make it last too long or everyone but Monks and Barbs will hate you, and Pals will hate you even more. I'd suggest making sure your players know this before char creation to prevent salt and bad feels

I'd just give out all the subpar shit to work up to "starting armor". That is, Padded and Hide and all those. They essentially do what you're looking for and you don't have to worry about balancing shit.
>>
>>50802064
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1AL35HITNoq
>>
>>50801891

You misunderstand. BA can only be used for shit it says it can be used for. Tavern Brawler and whatever lets you use your bonus action to grapple. Monk abilities let you make unarmed strikes.

Besides, first line of grapple rules:

>When you want to grab a creature or wrestle with it, you can use the Attack action to make a special melee attack, a grapple.
>>
File: thankong.png (7KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
thankong.png
7KB, 112x112px
DM here, only really play on occasion, but have a question for people who normally just are PCs.

Why do you min-max? Why not go for trying out other builds or experimenting? Why not try roleplaying something that isn't perfect at what they do at every level?
>>
>>50802061
Druid bullet points are different though I'd say it's the other ones that need change. I like the formatting of this better honestly, not sure if it's just someone else doing the same thing or what.
>>
>>50802149
Damn didn't notice the bullet points and where did you find that?
>>
>>50802128
Minmaxing doesn't mean you can't try new weird stuff. That would be following a build and all that. Minmaxing is just about maximizing your strengths and minimizing your weaknesses, a way to optimize whatever you want to play. Yeah, it means I'm never going to play a low-level monk that doesn't use a spear or quarterstaff, but that's such a minute thing that I really don't care. If I get an ASI I'm going to think about what is best mechanically, not just "oh I'll take savage attacker because that describes my attacker". Being good mechanically makes the game more fun, if you have zero impact or die because your character is so weak, what does it matter that you're a sneaky shadow monk/shadow sorcerer/necromancer wizard or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>50801024
Strength is already better than dexterity for martial classes that can train athletics.
>>
>>50801141
A longsword can already only use Strength. There's no point in going into melee if you have 10 Strength, and if your Strength is low you're more likely to use a finesse weapon like a shortsword or rapier, if you use a weapon at all.

That's a non-solution, anon.
>>
>>50802193
It was posted a few threads back I think, I thought you'd overhauled it. I prefer the smaller text but I can understand if it's better for mobile to have larger, but mostly I just like it since it splits off the special options like multiple-race subraces instead of having them repeat on all the races they apply to. Abbreviations are a bit weird, the sources are tidier, and lastly the sections are more separated so it's easier to find classes or feats or whatever, by e.g. the titles being single coloumn for the classes and races, and not caring if there's some empty space.
>>
How would you incorporate a disguised succubus into an adventure as a recurring NPC without making it obvious as fuck?
>>
>>50797624

he's got cutting words too, that's a really powerful tool. i'm playing a lore bard myself it's got a bit of the divination wizards shennigans
>>
>>50801365
>>50800116
So no one properly answered your first post, so you tried to vaguely describe Faust instead?

But honestly he would be pretty hard to make, Undying pact Warlock is more about making yourself immortal not bringing back others. I guess Death Cleric or Necromancy Wizard would work but now we are in good necromancer meme territory again
>>
>>50802255

Succubi are as attractive (and as female at that) as they wish to be. Don't see an issue in the first place.
>>
>>50802128
Because I don't want to be total dead weight outside of roleplaying: which hardly requires a build at all. I could roleplay an 8 across the board commoner just as well as a min-maxed character, but unless the tone of that game is "level 0 commoners doing level 0 commoner stuff" I am letting the party down at every opportunity. And as a GM you should know how hard it can be at times to bring a poorly built character to the spotlight when the rest of the party is overshadowing him greatly. And the implication that optimization = uninteresting or antithesis of experimentation is a bit silly. I don't need to experiment to know (roughly) how well something is going to perform given the amount of time I've already spent with the system, so trying out something intentionally sub-par wouldn't be too much of an experiment, would it?

There is an ocean between optimizing and taking 3d6 no re-rolls and random roll table for race/class/archetype/feats/equipment.
>>
>>50802128
>If you don't play 8 int wizards you're a min-maxer
>>
>>50802128
Why WOULDN'T you min-max? It's one thing to blatantly cheese a broken build, but if you don't use your class abilities to the best of your abilities you're crippling yourself for no reason.

>but muh rp
Why would you rp as someone incompetent?
>>
>>50802290
Don't bring your /d/ tier "succubus (male)" memes here.
>>
File: Capture.png (69KB, 312x93px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
69KB, 312x93px
Does the Bard's Battle Magic include cantrips?
>>
>>50802348
Cantrips are spells, look at the dragon sorc's feature for example, it specifies spells of 1st level or higher. So yeah.
>>
>>50802348
Cantrips are spells, so yeah
>>
>>50802348
Are cantrips bard spells?
>>
>>50802356
>>50802359
That's what I figured, neat.
>>
>>50801365

Easy, just remove two words: High level

You now have an Acolyte background Necromancy Wizard. Warlock makes a bit more sense for flavor, but then you would be literally incapable of accomplishing any of your goals.
>>
>>50802363

'Course, it's strongest when used with leveled spells. See the EK's cantrip only battle magic it gets at level 7, and it's usually worse than (or about equal to )just attacking twice.
>>
>>50802392
Yeah obviously, but there's some situations where you won't want to waste a spell slot for an attack but a cantrip will still be important.
>>
Say a Shadow kills someone with their Strength Drain, then shortly afterwards that person is brought back to life. Do they come back with their Strength score back to normal?

By the way Shadows are a great thing to throw at parties that dump strength, holy shit.
>>
File: 1450743485331.png (527KB, 494x899px) Image search: [Google]
1450743485331.png
527KB, 494x899px
When a sorcerer converts spell slots to sorcery points, does "gain a number of sorcery points equal to the slot's level" mean you get the equivalent sorcery point cost for creating spell slots, or does a level 1 spell slot just give one point instead of two?
>>
>>50802521

>What level is a first level spell slot?
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1DPMcum7e1x
>>
>>50802521
>gain a number of sorcery points equal to the slot's level"
I can't believe I didn't know this. No wonder Sorc is considered so weak, you can't even effectively convert slots?
>>
>>50802521
The most straightforward interpretation is the latter I guess?

>>50802532
He's referring to that it costs, say, 2 sorcery points to make a first level spell slot, and if you would therefor get 2 points for sacrificing one. It's a reasonable question I guess.
>>
From the other day.
How does this sound as a "tanky" Sorcerer/EB spamming not-Warlock?

>UA Warforged
>Fighter 1, Close Quarters Shooter style for point blank EBs and Medium Armor
>Warlock 2, EB and Agonizing/Repelling Blast
>Shadow Sorcerer 17

Maybe dipping a third level into Warlock for Book o' Shadowy Bullshit ritual casting, but like this you'd still get Wish at 20. implying games will ever go to 20
>>
>>50802128

The old Stormwind eh?

Assuming this isnt bait lets look at it

You never avoid some level of min/maxing if your character is remotely competent at anything. Any person that purposely takes only suck shit options is either trolling stupid or both

Roleplaying ability is not tied to mechanical master of the game either. They are completely unrelated but Id still be willing to bet that the guy that cares enough to pour over all aspects of the game also cares enough to make a decent backstory as opposed to the jobbers out there that forget to name their Champion

5E is also the most balanced real version of the game and very little real imbalance exists outside of extremely high level games and a few weak Archtypes/Ranger.The game never comes close to the busted as fuck 3.5 days and hell it isn even close to the busted as fuck AD&D days when Elven F/Ms and Dwarven F/Cs shit on everything knowing the game wasent going past 7th level

This of course leads to my question. Why is this asked? Most often its done by a guy that sucks shit at basic math and is wondering why all the hard work he put into his Trident using Bladelock didnt pay off. SO like the little pussy millennial shemale that he is its time to try and shame other people who do better than them.
>>
>>50802622
It sounds like a warlock. A pretty standard build for them too.. Therefore I won't tell you if it's good or not, since you already know and are just posting for the sake of some weakness that causes you to seek validation.
>>
>>50802763
>The best way I can find to make a Sorcerer is to just make them a Warlock instead
Guess I'll make something else then.

Sorcerer UA when?
>>
>>50802815
January 23rd.
>>
>>50800089

Im running a LE Tiefling FiendTomeLock in my game.I think LE is what makes it work because the character genuinely wants the party to work well together and wants our big main quest to succeed.Sure I wouldnt mind getting the story McGuffin for myself but I know for certain that nothing good for me will happen if the BBEG gets a hold of it

Playing an evil character realistically takes a bit of work too. I absolutely hate when a guy plays an evil character like Hitler and Dhamers love child
>>
>>50798477
Neat, Anon. Make him a paladin of Ancients.
>>
File: 12227.png (191KB, 286x395px) Image search: [Google]
12227.png
191KB, 286x395px
Ideas on how to fairly challenge a party with too much heals? Party is currently a Tranquility Monk, a Life Cleric, a bard that took gourmand so everyone has 2 extra hit dice always, a Barbarian, and a Beast Conclave Revised Ranger.

Do I just up the damage output on things so the massive healing potential of this party can be reached? Just play as normal?

I've tried talking to the players and they all currently want to play support/pacifistic roles. I would move to more social game play but then the martials will get bored I think...
>>
>>50802622
Your implied implications simply imply
>you'll grab Fighter 2 too, for that Triple Blast C-C-Combo!
>>
>>50803085
Geek the healers with intelligence and charisma saving throws.

Banish the cleric and monk.
>>
File: te.png (43KB, 343x373px) Image search: [Google]
te.png
43KB, 343x373px
>>50803085
Why not just flavor up a Shadow Priest enemy?

If they are within a certain number of feet from him, healing effects are reversed and deal damage instead.

Could be a neat puzzle for them to solve mid-fight as well.
>>
>>50803103
Nah just Fighter 1 for Armor and Fighting Style, I don't want to put off Sorcerer progression.

It's too bad Sorcerer in general seems so mediocre, I'd prefer not to multiclass at all, but then I might as well just play a Wizard.

Maybe the Sorcerer UA will be a full revamp like Ranger.
>>
>>50803116
Actually that just might work, I'm about to introduce a Green Dragon and its cult. But maybe its not a Green Dragon, Maybe its a Shadow Dragon that has negative energy breath. and his strongest disciples have the whole don't heal near me thing going on.
>>
>>50803130
And maybe we'll get an hybrid Warlock/Sorcerer class
>that would be a Sorcerer with EB as a cantrip, can make it Agonizing or Repelling spending a point
and a Paladin/Sorcerer class
>that can channel points into smites
both with a few options for out-of-list spells...

it would fix both the Warlock and the Sorcerer, but it won't happen.
>>
>>50798042
Bard or rogue seems like the way for you. Bonus points for creating a character before choosing a class.
>>
File: Nightmare-Soul-Calibur-h1.jpg (94KB, 725x464px) Image search: [Google]
Nightmare-Soul-Calibur-h1.jpg
94KB, 725x464px
Stat me (As an enemy)

Using the Death Knight statblock seems like the obvious best starting point.
>>
>>50803320
>Choosing the Worst version of Nightmare
Not even worth giving you the Owlbear meme.
>>
>>50797093
>How about you don't try to be just like your Taiwanese Puppet Drama characters in a game that isn't intended to represent that style of character?

Literally the entire point of having a class-based system is that you can just write a new class for your concept instead of trying to build it from points and components that have to be balanced with the fact that everybody can take them.
>>
File: nightmare-sc2fix3.jpg (123KB, 553x601px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare-sc2fix3.jpg
123KB, 553x601px
>>50803344
>Hating spooky armor golem Nightmare
nigga pls

My favorite one is actually gay topless Fabio Nightmare, or at least it would be if it had the rest of the armor, this one is easily the best sword/arm look.
>>
File: Asian Donte.gif (1MB, 329x294px) Image search: [Google]
Asian Donte.gif
1MB, 329x294px
>Make Barbarian/Fighter multi
>He's about honor
>Was captured during the start of his solo quest away from his tribe to learn about the different types of honor one might encounter
>Forced to fight in arena setting
>Local military takes an interest, buys him and tells him he can have his freedom after x years of service
>He serves his time
>By the time he's free, has become so embittered by the world and only works for money
>Makes an effort to share his wealth with people who he is forced to work with in the interest of NOT getting a knife in the back
>Not only the highest HP pool of the group, but also the most physically dominate
>Rest of group are half-assed backstories and 1-dimensional hackjobs including a drug-addicted dwarf noble, a small-time literal who rogue, a mage who had his world-ending tome stolen while he was walking around a busy city, and some filler character chilling with the dwarf
>Role-playing my character got me kicked from a group
Do some groups just play 5e because it's a "social game for social people" or am I the only one who actually gave a fuck? The dwarf btw spent a half hour during his level-up trying to figure out what he wanted to do and settled on a bard because I jokingly suggested a gong.
>>
>>50803371
I massively prefer his SCII P1, but P" is pretty good, yeah. P2 with SCI P2's helmet would be god-tier.
>>
File: Gnarly Unicorn.jpg (192KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Gnarly Unicorn.jpg
192KB, 512x512px
>>50803371
>Topless Fabio Nightmare
Now we're talking! Best of the canon looks.

I still prefer the Gnarly Unicorn concept art up in the top right though.
>>
>>50803085
There are a few cool monsters that prevent healing, and even more monsters that reduce HP maximum (so the damage can't be healed), like Wraiths and Specters. Then again you do have a cleric with turn/destroy undead, but that'll give him time to shine.
>>
File: 1472013636030.png (116KB, 473x632px) Image search: [Google]
1472013636030.png
116KB, 473x632px
>>50803374
I don't know man, you might have been intimidating the others with how good you are at roleplaying (yes, really), which means they are as a group uncomfortable with you, the DM picks up on that, and he was probably a shitter so he said, "You're stirring up shit, you're out".

Or you're actually a shitty person that's complaining that their group kicked you out for being shitty. You could be lying about this whole thing and I have no way of knowing.
>>
>>50803085
Wouldn't it be more interesting to just make (non-emergency) healing a bad option?
Throw them some monsters that regen to a fixed amount (maybe 1/4 of their starting hps?) at the end of each round.
The party will have to stop non-critical healing, and focus on finishing them.
>>
hey /5eg/

so I wrote this maybe a year ago.

Tried to rewrite some of the rules and was wondering what you guys think. It started out as a shapeshifting monk, but quickly turned into Terra Formars and decided I like that direction.

Whatchu guys think?
>>
>>50803519
>Or you're actually a shitty person that's complaining that their group kicked you out for being shitty
The DM was supposedly a friend I met in a shelter some 5yrs back when his family and friends cut him out for being homeless. Him and I have had disagreements about shit before, but nothing world-ending. He claims they all agreed I was annoying with the "off-topic banter" and that I "talked over others" even though this was the first time any of these complaints came up or anyone gave any indication that I was doing something wrong.

I mean, here's an example of the last time I gamed with them.
>After burning down a forest because one of our group members decided setting the area on fire was a brilliant plan to deal with the revenant, I suggested ic that we check the towers nearby for occupants/to settle down for the night.
>Dwarf immediately interjects to tell me he had been there before (the DM hosted a game with just 2 of the group) and there were corpses and signs that shit had gone south fairly quickly
>I insist the rogue check regardless since shelter+the fact we were all suffering some moderate damage apiece meant none of us had the capacity to put up a fight if we were ambushed by the group of bandits supposedly camping nearby
>They all turn the idea down
>Filler character suggests we go up the hills instead even after the DM points out we'd be in the open and easy targets
>Everyone thinks it's a good idea
>We find a cache of supplies (because reasons) on the hill
>Later go down to the valley because quest or something
>Suggest we don't rush in because there might be trouble
>Again, the party can't function without being told in the simplest terms why something is a bad idea
>Four of us are ambushed by tribals in the area while the rogue is fucking around, sneaking
>My barb/fight, knowing it's best not to piss off the locals tells the rogue to show himself.
>Audible groans
>>
>>50803537
I might just force the healers to be spread thin, currently the plan is Barb up front, Ranger in the back shooting arrows. Pet and monk running around various enemies, and healers do damage control.

I'll try to just get them surrounded before I break out the hey Fuck healers monsters.
>>
2 questions
Has anyone used the arcane archer from UA? It seems underwhelming.

If I am making a Native American flavored path of the eagle barbarian that dual wields hand axes, what do you think the best feat to pick up is? I'm trying to decide between dual wielder, charger, and mobile
>>
>>50803374
>got kicked from the group for "roleplaying"
>only stated character traits are "shares his wealth", "begrudgingly works with others", "only works for money"
You obviously did some stupid shit that you're leaving out, because this is how you sound right now
>wtf guys my group kicked me out and all i did was give the rogue half my cash
>>
>>50803416
what happens if you poke the eye in the sword
having an eye on your sword seems like a real obvious weak point
>>
>>50803676
Fell Handed.
It's not even a question, a +1 to hit in a system with Bounded Accuracy is gold.
>>
>>50803689
read
>>50803620
>>
File: 4e optimization.png (26KB, 1617x635px) Image search: [Google]
4e optimization.png
26KB, 1617x635px
>>50803704
Sounds familiar.
>>
>>50803676
Charge is 100% worthless
>spend your action
>and your bonus action
>to make a single attack with +5 damage
>when you can ordinarily make 2-3 attacks with your action and bonus action as a dual-wielder

Mobile also sucks unless you are trying to do some retarded max speed build. You don't need more speed if you're a Barb, you have pretty much no need to Disengage, and difficult terrain simply isn't a thing that comes up
>>
>>50803701
The sword is a powerful Demonic artifact that is immune to damage from all sources except another sword made from a purified shard of itself, and from an ascended Demigod-King who was able to not only resist but control the Demonic power of the sword, but also created said purified shard in the first place.

Stabbing the eye with the purified sword renders them both inert until removed, although there is also a ritual which will allow you to draw power from both swords in this state.
>>
>>50803735
Yet somehow everyone here insists making -5 AB attacks with GWM/Sharpshooter is the only way to play
>>
Wild Shape looks kind of shit in this edition without Natural Spell existing.
Am I missing something?
>>
>>50803751
Demons are retarded
>form your demonic artifact into a spear instead
>obviously the eye has to be much tinier now
>a constant barrage of thrusts makes it much more difficult to strike the eye
>>
Please give me ideas on encounters in and around a haunted lighthouse on a small sliver of island /5eg/, I plan on including elements of the Mythos and massive props to Lord Nomic for the excellent work.

The party might find a massive worm-like monstrosity with an extendable second-mouth, and which allows hunts for the blood of creatures.
>>
>>50803676I
You should probably just go for dual wielder so you can use battleaxes instead of handaxes
you'll also be able to double lance people when you mount up and are prepared to look very silly
>>
>>50803805
The fact that it's a new health pool every time you use it
>>
>>50803817
Drowned men rise from the shoreline at night to stare at the moon from the beach. They don't take kindly to interlopers.
>>
>>50803826
Turning into a donkey seems like a bad way to respond to a heavy hit.
>>
>>50803843
donkeys are sturdy animals, don't you know
>>
>>50803850
Have you ever tried adding somatic components with hooves?
>>
>>50803861
>not using your tail
See, your problem is you lack creativity, not that the class is bad. I bet you think martials are trash they a r e
>>
>>50803861
Doesn't sound much harder than it would be if you were a crocodile, dog or falcon
And besides, you're a role player
I'm sure you can emote well enough even without fingers
>>
>>50803870
>>50803805
Seriously though, other than scouting and other OOC uses Wild Shape seems more like a flavourful addition than the central aspect of the druid that it was in 3.5.
I'm just trying to see if I'm overlooking something important.
>>
>>50803817
An old shipwreck much too far from shore

The ghost of a woman in a wedding dress and veil

An old fisherman selling lozenges
>>
Somebody agrees with me that this new blackguard concept on the paladin UA is pretty odd?
Dude looks like a rogue
>>
>>50803895
>turn into some beefy animal
>kick the shit out of things
>get hit a lot
>ignore all that damage and turn back into a fucking animal and keep hitting things
are you under the impression that moon druids (or land druids) are meant to be casting spells literally every round
>>
>>50803910
That's because his class features are the Trickery domain ability and the Venom Bard's
>>
>>50802574
There's diminishing returns so that there's some incentive to use lower-level spells rather than just convert everything into the highest slot possible. It's avoiding the pitfall of all spell-point systems.
>>
If you take a pseudodragon as your chainlock familiar, do you gain Magic resistance (adv on all throw against magic) when it is next to you ?
>>
>>50803812
Soul Edge is actually an incredibly stupid weapon in terms of creation:

>Be shitty, early Iron-Age sword
>Be well maintained and used by a skilled warrior
>Be used to kill thousands of people
>Become special heirloom with reputation
>Continue to be maintained and used by skilled warriors
>Kill count reaches hundreds of thousands over the centuries
>Being soaked in all that blood, bearing the malevolence and resentment of every victim
>Become physical host to composite demon comprised of that lingering hatred and the soul of one wielder who dies in battle
>Demon now able to possess whoever wields sword
>Demon can morph the sword into weapon more suitable for wielder/host
>Demon absorbs the soul of every victim now

It's a lot like Blackrazor, in some respects, but stupid and *violently* Japanese in power level.
>>
>>50803965
The pseudodragon familiar variant is for DMs to add to NPCs. The familiar would be too strong for a level 3 Warlock.
>>
>>50803754
There are so few ways to boost your damage up, that +10 could almost double it, while with advantage a -5 might not halve your chance of hitting.
>>
>>50803910
Seems like a good reason to multiclass Rogue and go Dex Cha Paladin
>>
>>50803620

You're playing the game fine I guess, but you Really are failing the metagame

>be rogue guy
>like having fun
>try hard doesn't show up one session so we have fun in a tower and shit
>next session he shows up again, demands we go to the tower we were just at
>fucking refuses to take my word on it
>following cool quest
>going down a valley, might be enemies
>enter sneak mode
>enemies appear
>time to use my class abilities
>wait no, tryhard is like "hey you stop having fun"
>literally just calls out for no reason, notifies everyone of my position
>no advantage, no sneak attack, feels bad
>"but muh roleplay"
>jesus christ
>>
>>50804119
Is that you pointing out what I did wrong? Because it was only the dwarf and filler character for one session and, as I pointed out already, we all had taken an ass-whooping by one revenant.
>>
>>50803910
Seems like they didn't have the right spells for it so they didn't bother.
>>
>>50803992
Huh, never noticed that until now but yeah, Soul Edge is just a weebier Blackrazor.
>>
So I used to play 3e a while back and tried to get some friends into DND by running a pathfinder game.

It didn't work out great.

Most of the players liked it, but the rogue didn't feel like he had much to do and wound up being the weakest link that broke the whole game apart.

I'm gonna try running 5e and see if that fares better, but I'm not sure if it'll be different enough to give him a better experience, is it?

Also: what are some key differences between 3e and 5e I should know going in? I'm flipping through the rulebooks and a lot of it looks like stuff I've already seen before, except for this weird faction thing that I'm probably just gonna ignore
>>
is necromancy inherently evil?
>>
>>50804245
Maybe your player isn't a good fit for a rogue.
He didn't have much to do, but what did he WANT to do?
>>
>>50804293
Only evil people believe evil actually exists so they don't feel too bad for not bothering with self restraint.
>>
>>50804293
Yes. It's evil and will mark you as an enemy of god and of the DM.
Seriously, necromancers can get too many minions too easily, players aren't supposed to have that kind of abilities.
>>
>>50804245

https://www.reddit.com/r/dndnext/comments/4eepb7/for_those_converting_to_5e_from_35pf_a_helpful/

Have a reddit post about it.

Factions don't matter

Classes in both 5e and 3.5 have a differing amount of tactical and strategic depth vs. eachother. Rogues are pretty basic comparatively

Don't cater to a single player
>>
>>50804245
Skills no longer rely on allocating points
BAB and Saving Throw tracks? Gone.
Instead all characters have a flat proficiency bonus between +2 and +6, tied to overall character level, not to classes. The bonus is applied to anything a character has Proficiency in.

Casters ca now only maintain concentration on one ongoing spell at a time, though there are a few spells with lasting effects that don't require concentration. Basically, they can't maintain an assload of buffs on themselves at all times any more.

Incidental bonuses and penalties are mostly gone, now replaced by the Advantage/Disadvantage system: Roll 2d10, take the Higher/Lower roll respectively.

Magic Items are no longer an assumed part of characters, crafting is severely limited, and Wealth By Level is gone.

Each Ability Score now has it's own saving throw, all character get proficiency in 2 of these, determined by their class at 1st level.
>>
>>50804299
In hindsight, I think the issue may have been we used a starting module that was full of undead and magical constructs that weren't particularly vulnerable to sneak attacks.

But to be honest, he isn't the best roleplayer. The more I think about it he probably should have rolled a fighter, since he dug the combat but he just didn't get much out of it considering the situation he was in.
>>
>>50804293
Depends on setting. In some settings necromancy is torturing the souls of the dead but in others its merely breathing new life into the bones of the passed, which I see nothing wrong with
>>
Alright boys, posting an updated version of this. I was told I should scrap the free spells and make the 1st level more combat orientated, but I'm still not sure if I want to go down that path. What do you people think?

Also, for Fey Ancestor, I was stuck between going the empath route or potentially having you being able to sense magic and magical areas(ley lines)
>>
>>50804293
Depends on the flavor. If you are just animating the bones to just be a recycled construct that's not evil.

If you drag a soul back from the outer planes and force it to do your bidding under your mental control and commands, where you could order it to do anything, that's pretty evil.

The only spells that really aren't made with that evil intention are resurrection spells, spells that bring the soul and body together and back to life from spare the dying to true resurrection, and Astral Projection. The rest bring back undead and deal damage.
>>
>>50804293

Necromancy is a school of magic, with no particular alignment.

Raising corpses as undead servants?

Standard DnD lore says (from PHB school descriptions)

>Creating the undead through the use of necromancy spells such as animate dead is not a good act, and only evil casters use such spells frequently

Stating it's inherently "Not Good"

No actual mechanics backing this though, so free to be messed with.
>>
>>50804337
What parts of the Rogue did appeal?
In 5e the Rogue isn't great at fighting, even the Assassin becomes the designated 'interact with objects' guy after the first round damage spike - which is good, someone has to do it, and the Rogue has good mobility or even extra actions to do it, but gives more work to the DM.
>>
>>50804245
>pathfinder
>rogue
Egads man, of course he had a bad time. The shittiest martial where martials are already the shittiest, even with the monk.
>>
DM question: does anyone know of a castle crawl that's not Ravenloft? My January-February are going to be busy and I know I won't have enough time to plan for my campaign and I'd like to keep a premade in the pocket as back up.
>>
>>50804293
Technically the School of Magic known as Necromancy is not inherently Evil, but many of the spells themselves draw upon Negative Energy, which IS capital E, absolute moral alignment Evil.

Spells like Spare the Dying and False Life are fine, but Animate Dead and Create Undead are definitely Evil.
>>
>>50803704

You know what also gives +1 to hit? An ASI. Fell handed is only REALLY good when your strength is already maxed out.
>>
>>50804245
>I'm gonna try running 5e and see if that fares better, but I'm not sure if it'll be different enough to give him a better experience, is it?

Nope. 5e rogue and Pathfinder rogue are good at exactly the same things: doing a moderate amount of damage in the right circumstances, and rolling well on a lot of different skill checks.

Neither one does as much damage as a dedicated ass-kicker (barbarian, etc.) and neither one can do enough with skills to overtake a spellcaster's ability to just succeed at stuff without even rolling.

The 5e rogue can eventually get spells, but then so can pathfinder rogues now with the right archetype.
>>
>>50804359

Is Wicked Trickster used at will? Seems very powerful to me.
>>
File: Josuke vs Kira.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Josuke vs Kira.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>50797054
Warlock: Pact of the Guardian
>Being within 5 feet of a hostile creature doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged spell attack rolls
>You may cast spells and make melee spell attack rolls as though the origin of the spell were a space within [5/10] feet of you
>You learn the cantrip Mage Hand - the spell's range is limited to [5/10] feet but casting it does not require verbal or somatic components

Invocation: Punch Ghost
Prerequisite: 7th Level, Pact of the Guardian
>You can cast the Shield spell at will, without using a spell slot
>However, while you know this invocation all spells with a range greater than [5/10] feet instead have a range of [5/10] feet when cast by you

Can't decide on whether to limit it to 5 or 10 feet or what level to set Punch Ghost at, but how does this look? I'm aware that at-will shield is probably ridiculously strong, but it's still only 1st level like the other at-will spell invocations, it's offset by a pretty steep disadvantage and other casters like Wizard gets to cast it for days if they wanted to anyway with all those spell slots. The alternative is writing out a parry-type effect but I'm too lazy and this is much simpler and follows the usual invocation formula more closely.
>>
>>50804550
Fiend Patron Standlock with Ghost Punch loses the ability to not fireball himself.

Like a lot of things you JoJofags do, this is powerfully stupid.
>>
>>50804359
Wicked Trickster is kind of an overused ability from multiple different spectrums. I say draw from displacer beasts, and at dawn enemies have disadvantage on attack rolls against you until you are hit. And it doesn't come back until the next dawn.
>>
File: J863ajf.jpg (565KB, 1560x1200px) Image search: [Google]
J863ajf.jpg
565KB, 1560x1200px
>>50804602
I see nothing wrong with this
>>
>>50804550
I don't know why you'd insist on shortening the range like that, or why you'd make this when it could just be done with pact of the chain.
>>
>>50804668
I didn't say anything was wrong with it. I said it was powerfully stupid. Which it is. Your image only served to exemplify that.

But no, suddenly going from having excellent range in combat to being unable to not self immolate is bad game design.
>>
>>50804550
You'd have to have some way to turn that shit off, otherwise you've fucked yourself pretty good.
>>
>>50804550
>Can't decide on whether to limit it to 5 or 10 feet or what level to set Punch Ghost at, but how does this look? I'm aware that at-will shield is probably ridiculously strong, but it's still only 1st level like the other at-will spell invocations, it's offset by a pretty steep disadvantage and other casters like Wizard gets to cast it for days if they wanted to anyway with all those spell slots. The alternative is writing out a parry-type effect but I'm too lazy and this is much simpler and follows the usual invocation formula more closely.

Getting the AC of a fighter at the cost of your reaction and having to get to melee range for all your spells seems fine.
>>
>>50804702
>I don't know why you'd insist on shortening the range like that, or why you'd make this when it could just be done with pact of the chain.
>>50804735
>You'd have to have some way to turn that shit off, otherwise you've fucked yourself pretty good.

It forces you into melee range, then gives you the survivability to actually do it. Seems fine to me.

better than pact of the blade
>>
>>50804454
How big a castle are you looking for?
>>
>>50798135
Joseph is just a ripped rogue
>>
>>50801275

>better on a Cha rogue with MI

except this doesn't cost you a feat and also gives you an invisible mage hand that can be used to pick locks/steal/do everything a regular mage hand can. that is by far one of the coolest abilities rogues get. maybe they're not as combat centric as swashbucklers or assassins, but that's not a bad thing by any stretch of the imagination

>clashes with versatile trickster

hardly, and that's a level 13/14 feature anyways so (???)

>better with ritual caster

well you do have that one free feat you didn't spend on magic initiate

>Minor Illusion is all you really need

unless you want to have an illusion outside the constraints of minor illusion yeah i guess. also don't forget about enchantments. Hold Person and a follow up attack is a good way to instantly kill something with your massive sneak attack crits. Good thing they have disadvantage on the save when you're hidden from them too.

>Poor Man's Pass without trace

Not at all. Invisibility is much better. They also get Greater Invisibility.

Also Thief doesn't get it at will. The only class with at will invisibility is Shadow Monk (and Wizard I guess).
>>
>>50804702
A familiar can't let you cast Eldritch Blast at melee range, and also has basically infinite range, especially if you take Voice of the Chain Master, whereas Stands have fairly well-defined ranges - this is also why I reduced the range of spells, because most punchghost types have a range of 1-2 meters (as the villains almost inevitably point out during their fights) and in exchange for getting to bat aside attacks I felt it was reasonable to make them get up close to cast their spells.

As >>50804602 pointed out it means they may end up within the radius of their own spells, but set at 10 feet range (and being able to cast from up to 10 feet away) the only spells they can't escape are Fireball and Circle of Death - every other Warlock spell has at most a 20 foot radius.
>>
>>50801365

death domain cleric
>>
>>50804822

Average castle size? Something with 3 floors I guess
>>
>>50804797
>gives you the survivability to actually do it
Haha, no.

>>50804851
20ft radius means 40ft across, you'd still end up 10ft deep within your own aoe.
>>
>>50804851
Radius is distance from center to edge. ALL warlock spells that are AoE spheres have at least a 10ft radius. Ghost Punch would cause you to be incapable of avoiding your own Shatter, for example.
>>
>>50804863
>>
>>50801243

You cant fly as an Heir of cock Ra if you are encumbered, such as the load of an entire other person
>>
>>50804990
Honestly, it adds to the flavor. I like it. Maybe even find a way to buff AOE effects to encourage their use. The free spell shields should help mitigate the issues of eating your own spells.
>>
>>50803754
You need a very very powerful attack for GWM/SS not be worth it (>40 average on a single attack). And GWM also gives a chance for a bonus attack.
>>
>>50805128
Except Shield does dick all against non-attack roll spells other than Magic Missile.

Ghost Punch is powerfully stupid.
>>
>>50805128

Just make it so they auto succeed on their own saving throws and suffer no damage instead of half on a successful save. Bam. Done.

Also, I don't think Warlock is your best bet here. I think you should just make it a class more like the Mystic as a base, probably. It'd allow for different casting stats too.

I also just wouldn't try to play a Jojo in this game, as much fun as it'd be.
>>
>>50805133
You just need an enemy with very high AC, and suddenly it's not worth it anymore.
>>
>>50804550
You know, I'm going to go ahead and say this is fine, even if it's a straight up +5 AC. Because warlocks are great at firing line tactics, and you've forsaken any chance of being able to do that.
It'll make a better bladelock than pact of the blade, booming blade at 10ft.
>>
>>50804797
And if you can't get into melee range..?
>>
Do you think a DM would find it acceptable to allow a player to use what is quite literally a Fire Bolt but of another damage type?
>>
>>50805378
I've never run into one who wasn't willing to make basic exchange on basic damage types so long as it was thematically appropriate. Rarer and harder to resist types like force or psychic should be discouraged though. Swapping fire for cold, lightning, or radiant is almost always a non-issue.
>>
>>50805378
Depends what you change it to. If you change it to cold or necrotic, it might be allowable. But then, why not just use freezing ray?
>>
>>50805378
No. Each damage type has it's own cantrip

Use those instead
>>
>>50805378
Fire bolt is the best damage with the second to worst element, changing the element to most anything else is objectively better. That said, it won't break anything. What were you changing it to?
>>
>>50805378
Within limits, yes.

Frost/Poison/Acid? Sure, they're fairly commonly resisted and can easily be understood as a projectile.

Thunder/Lightning? Depends on the player. If they're really only doing it for flavor and not trying to abuse some mechanical combination of different class features then sure. If they're just being a powergaming fuck, then hell no.

Radiant/Necrotic? Probably not, I'd just tell them to use Chill Touch or grant them Sacred Flame instead.

Force/Psychic? No, and politely ask them to fellate a cactus.
>>
>>50805485
>>50805450
Lightning, purely because it looks cool to them, as far as it can be told, but I could try to get them to use cold or Ray of Frost anyways, or just get them to agree to just reflavoring how Fire Bolt looks. They just wanna shoot lasers/beams.
>>50805432
Not all of which are particularly fun for a caster to use, such as entering melee range, but I see what you're getting at.
>>50805427
Good to know about this.
>>
>>50805485
I'd say no only to Force, Psychic, and Thunder, because there aren't cantrips for those elements.
For the other elements, they get slightly less damage in exchange for 'flavorful' abilities that won't matter.
>>
>>50804835
>except this doesn't cost you a feat and also gives you an invisible mage hand that can be used to pick locks/steal/do everything a regular mage hand can. that is by far one of the coolest abilities rogues get.
Instead of costing you a Feat it just costs you 3 times as much Int boosts (plus Warcaster or Resilient since you are talking about Booming Blade and thus melee) instead of Charisma which helps out in more areas with fewer side effects. Conversely Magic Initiate is the best Feat for a melee Rogue who has no other Feats to boost combat effectiveness, so taking it is not a real cost.

Legerdemain amounts to being a trap bitch or a kender shitter who pickpockets or molests everyone. By RAW Versatile Trickster is a waste of a feature because anyone can edge away from it, leaving you out several actions for nothing.

The good Illusions/Enchantments come in to play way too late. You can Hold Person and get auto crits for a round or two - at a level when you should be a leader of a country spanning Thieves' Guild.

>Not at all. Invisibility is much better. They also get Greater Invisibility.
Invisibility only grants Advantage and is constrained by Bounded Accuracy, and cover. Thief gets Advantage on Stealth at will which is the same thing. You can get cover from a Cantrip. Invisibility and Greater Invisibility are completely defeated by better than average monster senses and various spells. Greater Invisibility doesn't come into fucking play until level 19. By that time failing Bounded checks has ceased to be a thing ages ago with Reliable Talent and Unbounded impossible tasks require PWT.

None of the Rogue archetypes are really what I would call good, but the Arcane Trickster is, along with the Assassin, especially egregious about not delivering on its promises and it offers nothing that other options can't get from better sources.
>>
>>50805574
>They just wanna shoot lasers/beams.
Who are you to stand between a man and his dream?
>>
>>50805574
>Not all of which are particularly fun for a caster to use, such as entering melee range, but I see what you're getting at.

I'd change ray of Frost instead of Firebolt then

The slower speed is because you're stunned by the lightning. And comes with an inbuilt lower damage die
>>
>>50805574
>lasers/beams
Why not a heatray? Or, they could wait until they get scorching ray.
>>
>>50805429
>why not just use freezing ray

Ray of Frost has half the range of fire Bolt and does 1d8 instead of 1d10
>>
>>50805583
Thunderclap has is a cantrip, actually.
>>50805602
I can't blame him, it's how I wanted my first character to be, too.
>>50805613
>>50805615
Thanks for the ideas, guys. I'll try and reach a consensus with him.
>>
Do Revenants need food/drink and sleep?
>>
>>50805598
>booming blade
Booming Blade does NOT need intellect. Many spells do NOT need intellect. The AT can just completely ignore intelligence if they want, though they might not then be able to effectively use 'hold person', but eh.

>no other feats to boost combat effectiveness
What is 'lucky'?
What is 'Warcaster'? (If you have booming blade, for ridiculous reaction damage)
>at a level when you should be a leader of a country spanning Thieves' Guild
It's level 7 if you sacrifice your previous non-AT wizard spell, or slightly later if you want another one. That's hardly 'leader of the mafia' material.

Also, worth noting that at level 3 ATs can get find familiar for all the many familiar abuses from
>help action (there you go rogue, have your sneak attack)
to
>always scouting ahead
And whatever you can use a familiar for.
>>
>>50805695
>>50805598
Oh, sorry, forgot to mention that I'm not the anon you're replying to.

I'll admit assassin can be great, but it seriously depends on your group and DM. I find most people who play assassin almost never get to use their features at all.
>>
>>50805634
1d8 compared to 1d10 is 4.5 damage instead of 5.5.
Hardly a really big deal to sacrifice for a bit of characterfluff, when it also has the chance of preventing a monster fromgetting into range.

The range reduction is kind of a big deal though, I didn't think it had that restriction, but.. They could always have both freezing ray and firebolt.
>>
>>50804165
People get retarded because dont get inmersed.

Thats DM fault not yours.
But its your fault to tell others what to do all the fucking time. You are taking the fun out of it.
My advice is to talk to the dm again, die with the barbarain when the shit hit the fan (is innevitable when you are the frontliner), and next time take a class that can teleport or become invisible if shit get rought again.
>>
>>50805676
Nope, undead nature is in its description in the monster manual so no eating drinking or sleeping required.
>>
>>50805598

>everyone can edge away from it

as part of the bonus action you use for versatile trickster, you can move the mage hand up to 30 feet as the mage hand spell says. versatile trickster is still using mage hand

>trap bitch or kender shitter

this isn't even an argument. if you can't think of a million useful uses for an invisible hand, you have 0 creativity.

>warcaster/resilient

why does being melee mean I need one of those? I might not be using concentration spells after all, and I could simply disengage or dash with mobile after the attack anyways. if it's too dangerous to go into melee for a round, pack a hand crossbow.

>invisibility only grants advantage and is constrained by bounded accuracy

it also lets you hide where you couldn't before and talking about bounded accuracy on an expertise class is lol

>none of the rogue archtypes are 'good'

when examined away from their class, sure, but rogues are already great and their archtypes just make them better at what they want to do
>>
File: starem.png (2KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
starem.png
2KB, 240x240px
How would you like a random monster generator?

Basically, a webapp that would generate a statblock and some kind of description.

The statblock could include a random selection of attacks from the books, and then calculate CR based on damage output. It would also have a chance of adding other special abilities. An advanced version would be to generate resistances and immunities based on creature type.

The description could just be a list of things like number of legs, arms, wings, eyes/senses, and so on. Ideally you'd want it tied to size and speed, so that creatures with high speeds would tend to have more legs, and those with flying speeds would either have wings or levitate.
>>
I'm late to the party, but I'm looking at the Paladin UA now.

...should I port Hell's Vengeance to 5e?
>>
>>50805852
Mite b cool, just for the sake of why not.

Could create a realm of fucking weird creatures just based off a randomizer.
>>
>>50805852
It would be more useful done the other way around - given a CR, procedurally gives a statblock.
It would be VERY useful and cool.
>>
File: tumblr_noiu8mYCSS1r91m2lo6_1280.png (530KB, 710x699px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_noiu8mYCSS1r91m2lo6_1280.png
530KB, 710x699px
>>50804529
At will? Well it requires a reaction to use, or do you mean it doesn't have a one/two time use? The reason why it is powerful is due to the level 6th ability Sorcerers get, which amplifies their combat abilities by quite a huge margin. Draconics get +cha damage to spells that do their element, and Wild Magic gets to use Bend Luck. Both are quite powerful, though Wild Magic is a bit weak in all categories.

>>50804609
While it does seem pretty cool, the "until the next dawn" part seems to make the ability not that strong compared to other 6th level features.
>>
>>50805852
>party summons a creature from beyond
>random stats and appearance

Here cometh the forgotten beasts.
>>
>>50805427
Fire damage is lower value because it is commonly resisted. Changing the damage type to another element may be okay, but force or psychic would be strictly better.

I'd negotiate a change that reduces the damage but adds another small appropriate effect, like ray of frost does.

>>50805583
>>50805647
Eldritch Blast is force (but limited access)
Vicious Mockery is psychic (but only 1d4 with an extra effect)

So, let's try to homebrew something. A ranged cantrip that does 1d8 lightning damage, with an equivalent small status effect like Ray of Frost. Alternatively, something that does 1d6 damage but with a more significant effect (but less powerful than disadvantage). I don't think there's an attack cantrip that does 1d6 - except Acid Splash, but that's two adjacent targets.

So why not say you've got a mini-forked lightning: One creature, or two adjacent creatures, must make a DEX save or take 1d6 lightning damage.

Or: ranged spell attack, on a hit 1d8 lightning damage and shines bright light in a 10ft radius until the start of your next turn. (except if it's invisible?)

Or: ranged spell attack, on a hit 1d6 lightning damage and can't take reactions until the start of your next turn, and if it's a metal construct, has disadvantage on attacks until then.

Or make Frostbite but lightning.
>>
>>50805984
To make it unique, I'd go with
>ranged spell attack, 1d8 damage
>if it hits, it jumps to an adjacent target, other rsa, 1d6 damage
>>
File: aus snake.png (200KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
aus snake.png
200KB, 2000x1333px
>houserule: spell school limitations are removed from Eldritch Knight and Arcane Trickster

How does your game change? How will sperg munchkins try to break it?
>>
>>50803949
But isn't that why they have different costs for the slots than the slot numbers? If they want to discourage making tons of 5th level slots wouldn't they just make 5th level slots cost 11 instead of 9 or whatever?
>>
If an invisible creature is hit by guiding bolt, does it still gain the benefits of being invisible despite having a glow around it?
>>
I want to make a Lizardfolk character, what classes are they suited to?
>>
>>50806089
wizard and monk
>>
>>50803754
I think in their heads they imagine that every party will have a bard, cleric, and wizard to inspire, bless, and haste their battle master fighter so they can do damage for the whole party. In practical application gwm is mediocre sharpshooter is more worth taking for the other perks (ignoring half and 3/4ths cover is busted btw.)
>>
>>50806056
I let them choose one school + one of the two they normally get. So they still only get 2 schools but each EK/AT will be more different and all of them won't just pick the same spells. If I were to buff them more I'd give them half caster progression, more slots seems like it would be nicer than slightly more choice.
>>
>>50806056
Unnecessary buff to AT as the spells that really help them rather than make them do fluff things are other spells.
So, AT would be acting even less like an AT and be stronger than before.

EK doesn't really give a fuck as they're mostly there for the abjuration. If they then pick a different spell, chances are you might have just encouraged them to become weaker by getting stuff that isn't shield+absorb elements.
They can already get the few other things they might want like haste with the extra other spells they get.
>>
>>50806099
Can I add my Wisdom modifier to Natural Armor as a monk? So 13 + Dex + Wis
>>
>>50803965
Yes you do, other anon is retarded.
>>
>>50806147

I don't believe so. It depends on how the feature is written but don't expect to.
>>
>>50806147
As written probably not, but as always it's at DM's discretion. It might be cool to have a monk who's fluffed as straight up tanking incoming hits on his plates and scales as opposed to dodging.
>>
>>50802318

Someone please run me through this 8 INT wiz meme.

I'm guessing it relies on something like Blade singing with no save spells, but I'm struggling to see the concept
>>
>>50806147
>>50806184
>U n a r m o r e d D e f e n s e
>Beginning at 1st level, while you are w earing no armor and not wielding a shield, your AC equals 10

I thought it did work, but looking at that, looks like no.

Of course, if your WIS is less than +3, you can use the natural armor instead of unarmored defense and have higher AC. I guess that might make you less MAD, just stacking Dex with no worry about Wis?
>>
>>50805287
Shit you're right. I just check for lvl 1 assuming +5 to hit and it's not even high, GWM is only good for AC 14 and lower. I thought it would break even at 20 AC
>>
>>50806165
No, you don't.
>>
>>50806240
You'll still want wis for stunning strike (Which is kind of monk's main feature at later levels) but it certainly allows you to not have to have a 16 in wis right from the start.
>>
>>50806184
>>50806240
Well technically you wouldn't be wearing armor as a Lizardfolk, you're just scaled naturally, as long as you didn't don armor
>>
>>50806218
Minor Illusion
Booming Blade/GFB
Sleep
Magic Missile
Fog Cloud
False Life
Expeditious Retreat
Feather Fall
Shield
Absorb Elements
Blur
Darkness
Enlarge/Reduce
Invisibility
Magic Weapon
Mirror Image
Haste

Lots of spells that don't depend on your spellcasting ability. Of course, you'll be able to prepare fewer due to your low INT.
>>
>>50806317

It's because it gives you two different ways to calculate your AC. The same reason why Mage Armor and Unarmored Defense doesn't stack.
>>
>>50806317
Doesn't matter, the way the feature is worded it sets your AC to a number, it doesn't give you a bonus to AC. It doesn't stack.

>your AC equals 10 + ...
>>
>>50806218

>Bladesinging with no save spells

why would you blade sing? blade singer is probably 'more' int dependent than a regular wizard since it needs int for it's damage rolls and AC.
>>
File: fran-coveredinroaches.jpg (141KB, 442x412px) Image search: [Google]
fran-coveredinroaches.jpg
141KB, 442x412px
How to make her /5eg/? I'm thinking a revenent who's undying wish starts and ends with SCIENCE. Low Wisdom of course so she causes as many problems as she fixes.
>>
>>50806334
Ah I see, its setting your AC at 10. Missed that part
>>
4e
>>
>>50806356
HG Fran here, sounds perfect. Please document your adventures if you play her, I'd love to hear how it goes
>>
>>50806380
I disagree
>>
>>50806356
>How to make her /5eg/?
I don't know who she is, but if I were you I'd start with punching myself repeatedly in the skull
>>
My stats are as follows.

5,10,11,12,12,18. Was 16 but DM took a pity on me. What class should I play?
>>
>>50806561
Before racials?

Be a cunt and pick gnome wizard, drop STR, get 20 INT

Or Dex fighter, drop CHA

Or druid, they only need wisdom since their physical stats come from animal forms
>>
>>50806561
Whatever you want in a campaign where your dm doesn't make you play with 5 strength.

Mountain dwarf storm sorcerer.
>>
>>50806561
>rolling for stats
>DM notices you have average (potentially above average) stats, gives you a boost
>you can have 20 in a stat at level 1

I don't even know why we bother having stats anymore.
>>
>>50806561

Safest bet? Moon Druid. Drop dex, but pick up Ghostwise Halfling for that Wild Shaped telepathy, or Firbolg for that Powerful Build to minimize the drawback of a dumped strength with Large Build

Cheesiest bet? Gnome Wiz with Gauntlets of Ogre power.
>>
>>50806625
>20 point buy
>Above average
>>
>>50806714
16 in a stat is not possible through point buy. Thus, for a SAD class, that's actually pretty good.

If you ignore the 5 (because you can just shove that in intellect or something) and treat it as an 8, it's a 25 point buy except with one stat higher than possible in a normal 27 point buy.
>>
>>50806597
>>50806622
>>50806670

Didn't expect such fast response. Then I have a question. Is a Wood Elf Rogue/Shadow Monk/??? Viable, assuming about 8 levels of rogue at least, 6 levels of monk? I got me a craving to become Boogeyman
>>
>>50806796
Are you starting at level 14?

Monk is quite MAD.
>>
>>50806375
There's also a part right in the beginning of the book (pg 14) that talks about this. You never stack AC calculations.
>>
>>50806820
I am the problematic kind of player where I want something fun to play or so but I don't want to be useless to team
>>
>>50806796
It is perfectly viable, but takes quite a while to get online. You will play as a pure monk for quite a while before you get to rogue.
>>
>>50806796
It's viable, but by not levelling monk further you're losing out on all the many monk features that scale with level, including ki points. On the other hand, monk damage doesn't really escalate beyond level 5 and if your wisdom sucks your stunning fists will suck too and you don't need ki as badly. I was going to say multiclassing monk at all unless you're doing 1 level dip for druid is bad, but actually it doesn't seem so bad for the same reason you might do it with a barbarian, as I said above - you don't get any damage increase beyond level 5, so taking levels of rogue means you still gradually get an increase of damage.
Cunning action clashes with martial arts' bonus action, though.

Honestly you're probably better off going barbarian-rogue in terms of multiclass benefits but if you want shadow monk's feature that badly, sure.
>>
File: med (52).png (338KB, 310x512px) Image search: [Google]
med (52).png
338KB, 310x512px
anyone else notice how shitty 5th level spells for clerics are?
none are great on the damage front, the curative stuff is pretty achievable by 9th level already via either items or lower-level spells, and the story-telling stuff depends entirely on how good or bad your DM is.
>>
>>50806980
Tempest cleric gets destructive wave. Trickery has dominate person. War has hold monster.

Then, planar binding has some potential powerful use if you can get things right alongside magic circle and banishment.
Geas is great.
Raise dead is a thing.
Mass Cure Wounds is acually pretty nice when simply upcasting cure wounds would be 5d8+spellcasting modifier to one target.

Am I missing something? They seem pretty okay.
>>
Is Shillelagh worth picking up as a Valor Bard or is it not worth an entire Magic Secrets use?
>>
>>50807099
If you had magical secrets earlier, yes, but since you would have to pick it at 10th level, no. There are way more useful spells to pick up at that point.
>>
>>50806165
nope
>>
>>50807099
Yes, if you're going to multiclass into Paladi- Well, you're valor, so you're not.
Yes, if you have Booming Blade / Green Flame Blade. But you're valor, so you're probably not getting those.

Depends just how much melee combat you're getting and what your dexterity is, or whether you went variant human and picked up PAM or something.
>>
>>50806974
I might take more monkness but not sure about that. These are the minimum levels I want.

Jumping into and out of shadows without any spell expenditure is awesome. Especially if you are a... SKELETON.

"So I was just in the dark alley AND THEN THE SKELETON POPPED OUT"
>>
>>50807099
Not worth it, there are way too many spells that are way better.
Counterspell, haste and swift quiver being some examples.
>>
>>50806356
Is this some kind of trick question? She's obviously a flesh golem.
>>
>>50806085
A 5th-level slot (in fact a slot of any level) already costs more to create than you can get by converting it to points. That's the source of the diminishing returns.
>>
>>50806356
you be the dm
>>
>>50807164
I don't think it's really worth taking more monkness at that point.

I'd take a level in rogue, level monk to 6 and then the rest of the levels in rogue.

Combine expertise in stealth with 'pass without trace'.
Party up with a team of skeletons.
>>
I'm DMing OotA, and my party is midway through neverlight grove, I'm having some trouble deciding what Phylo's response would be to what the adventurers and Basidia do. I don't want them to just get away, but after the encounter they're out of most of their spells and most of them are at half or below.
>>
File: IMG_1395.jpg (50KB, 480x169px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1395.jpg
50KB, 480x169px
>>50807239
Oh my.

I just wonder if I should go magical trickster or assassin. cantrips and shield spell are always useful. Never get hit
>>
>>50806980
Maybe you've never played up to 9th level, but the difference between Raise Dead and Revivify is pretty huge. Suddenly the PCs are investing in diamond futures to bring back every NPC that you wanted to kill for plot reasons.

Greater Restoration is also a very big deal. Lesser Restoration can't do shit. At least once a session my players will ask me if Lesser Restoration can fix a given problem, and the answer is almost always no.

Cleric 5th level damage spells aren't great because cleric damage spells aren't great in general. That's by design. Damage isn't their thing. Gone are the days when CoDzillas were best at everything.
>>
If I'm multiclassing rogue and monk I should do my first level with rogue right?
>>
>>50807485

The only question you should ask yourself are what saves and skills you want.
>>
>>50807495
First level rogue gets thieves tools and the most skills
>>
>>50806747
5 is also not possible through point buy. Have fun against intellect devourers with 5 int. A 16 is a big deal at low levels but once you hit 8+ it's a huge issue that all your other stats are garbage.
>>
>>50807495
Apparently monks gain proficiency in all saving throws at level 14, not that I think I'll get that far, so two more skills with Rogue level 1 seems to make the most sense.
>>
>>50807554
Rogue 11/Bard 2 cannot roll below a 12 on any ability check (Assuming 10 in each ability score, this minimum increases with your stats) and gets 6 skills with Expertise.
>>
So real talk, is the Paladin of Vengeance's Guided Strike broken at that level? My DM says it might be, but I'm not so sure.
>>
>>50807780
>Paladin of Vengeance's Guided Strike
what did he mean by this
>>
>>50807821
Sorry, conquest. I was looking at all the Paladin oaths at once and got a little mixed up. Sorry, anon.
>>
>>50807780
War cleric gets the same thing at 2nd level and can similarly use it once per short rest (multiple times per short rest at later levels).
>>
What would be a good number for events / encounters to to occur to the party while they are traveling?
I’m having a bit of trouble figuring out how much is too much. They are going to travel for a village to a city that’s about a day's worth of traveling. Or about 30 miles.
So far I have two events that happen with one of them being optional. Is that good? Neither of them should take to long while they do them.
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>50807780
It turns a hit into a miss, so it is a once per short rest ability that deals the damage equal to whatever attack you use it on. It's nice, but not OP.
>>
>>50807780
Meh. Best case, it changes a miss to an hit. Useful, one of the better Channel Divinity abilities for a Pally, but not broken.
>>
Guess I'll make a new thread. Page 10 so not bothering to wait on OP pasta change suggestions.
>>
File: EVERYONE, GET IN HERE..jpg (39KB, 479x361px) Image search: [Google]
EVERYONE, GET IN HERE..jpg
39KB, 479x361px
>>50808289
>>50808289
>>50808289
>>50808289
>>50808289
>>50808289
>>
>>50807534
16 still means you need only 1 ASI if you take a +2 race instead of 2 ASIs to get to 20.
That's an entire extra possible non-+1-feat.

>intellect devourers
Oh, no, there's one monster in the entirety of everything that might show up if you go underground but probably never otherwise. How scary. If you know what kind of campaign your DM is running, you can expect to not come across them (or come across them if they ARE running a mind flayer hijinks-included campaign).
Stay out of DrowCountry and never get within 50ft of one and you're golden. It's not like they can detect who has the lowest intelligence anyway, and even then you can avoid the problem entirely if you have any means to make decent save throws (it's only a DC 12).

Yes, 5 is not possible through point buy, and that's why it's modelled as 8 because if people could lower their stats below 8 they would more than willingly put their stats to stupid figures like 5 if it gave them a 16 in a stat.
Thread posts: 425
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.