[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 55

File: 53.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
53.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
Attack of the Clones edition

Previous thread: >>50768779

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info

Thread topic: What's the most fun mono-color deck you've ever run?
>>
>>50781732
>What's the most fun mono-color deck you've ever run?

Right now, I run two. Zada and Molimo. Molimo's more effective, but Zada's just more fun. Goblins everywhere, so much value for two or three mana instants that suddenly target all my creatures, protection from board wipes...

It's all good.
>>
>>50781732
Godo will always have a special place in my heart. I learned how to bullshit my way into convincing people I wasn't a threat until it was too late and I could kill the table
>>
>>50781732
You guys got any secret ruhan tech?
>>
>>50781732

>most fun mono color deck you've ever run

Well my first ever deck was mono white 8 1/2 tails, and that deck was soooo much fun

Won my first ever game with the deck using darksteel plate, palisade giant, and 8 1/2 Tails, nobody was able to do any damage to me and I eventually won by swinging out with unblockable (8 1/2 tails) creatures

I think I have slightly more fun these days playing my mono U Azami deck but I give the mono W a lot of credit for being my very first deck
>>
>>50781732
Kokusho. As soon as he got unbanned a couple years ago, I brewed him up and built him. I still run him to this day, and he's picked up some nice toys since then. Mikaeus and Cauldron of Souls have led to some straight up shenanigans.
>>
>>50782071
Nemata, Grove Guardian.

Nothing says hilarious quite casting The Great Aurora with a field of Saproling tokens. They cease to exist when they leave the field but when Aurora is cast, they count as permanents.

You basically draw almost all of your deck, play all of your lands (Gaea's Cradle included), and your opponents barely have any resources on the field.

I did a quick goldfish test of it and I'm excited to give it a go at my LGS. I've never really played Nemata in a winning game because of boardwipes but discovering that card gave me hope.
>>
>>50781732
>most fun mono color deck

Endrek sahr
>>
File: 204.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
204.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>50781732
DRAGON BALL Z
>>
Baru makes for some explosive victories. People think your just durdling keeping a managable board of 4-5 creatures. Then you cast boundless realms with amulet of vigor or lotus cobra into a new frontiers and all your creatures can oneshot a player each.
>>
Reposting from old thread

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-12-16-karador-dredge/

Can someone tell me what I'm missing?
>>
>>50782201

The great aurora is highly underrated, not as easy to use as tooth and nail but in the right deck it's just as game ending
>>
File: Giant Adephage_GTC.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Giant Adephage_GTC.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
How would this interact If mimeoplasm enters as a copy of it? Would it create normal giant adephage tokens upon combat damage to a player?
>>
>>50782602

It should just work like any other clone.
>>
>>50782602
It doesn't say create a creature token that is a copy of this creature.
>>
>>50781732
Either Omnath or Yisan. More so leaning towards Yisan.

On an unrelated point, give me some advice on my Nekusar deck, /edh/.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wheelin-and-dealin-with-ya-boi-nekusar/
>>
Is it worth it to build a Rashmi deck?
>>
>>50781881
I want to hear it from a Godo players perspective: What makes you want to play Godo over something like Aurelia for an Equipment Voltron deck? Is the cost of losing Stoneforge Mystic and Sunforger justified by having a on-command tutor for a general?

I'm not trying to say Boros is better. In fact, I'm very curious to hear what Godo players have to say about Godo decks.
>>
>>50781732
>Ctrl F
>No krenko
It's like you bitches don't like etb effects.
>>
I'm playing the mono white anafenza because I'm poor. It's fun because I don't have to think about what I'm doing and I don't have to spend a lot of money for it to work
>>
File: Wrong..gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
Wrong..gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>50782679
>Treat The Mimeoplasm as though it were the creature card it’s copying entering the battlefield. Any “As [this card] enters the battlefield,” “[This card] enters the battlefield with,” and “When [this card] enters the battlefield” abilities of that creature card will work.
>>
>>50781732
>What's the most fun mono-color deck you've run?
Sakashima, ironically enough, but I'm currently in the midst of brewing up a mono-black deck that should be pretty "fun."
Horobi Death's Wail
I just wish there was a way to protect him better though since he can't be equipped to protect himself.
>>
>>50782829
Simic is kind of a weird trial for me.
I did Zegana
Then Kruphix
Then Kraj
Then Kruphix again
Then Rashmi
Then Kydele/Thrasios
Now currently settled on Kruphix again.

Thing with Rashmi from my experience is that shes a great goodstuff control general. You still have your fair share of spicy tech like Treachery, Sensei's Top, Mind's Dilation, "top of library" cards and so forth. She doesnt win the game by herself, rather, she helps you by generating value.

My personal playstyle is that I tend to depend on generals most of the time to help me win (Most, not all, of my decks do). Rashmi was fun to play but ended up sticking her in the 99 for that reason.

One weird thing about Rashmi is that I found myself in awkward situations where I didnt want to have the top card of my library into my hand upon casting spells. They dont come up often, though.
>>
>>50782922
I don't guess you still have your Rashmi list.
>>
File: 20161207_130822.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161207_130822.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>50781732

I've actually created an EDH deck for ever single monitor colored. It was really fun, especially when I got to fine tuning them.

>Azami, Lady of Scrolls
>Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer
>Azusa, Lost but Seeking
>Liliana, Heretical Healer
>Oriss, Samite Guardian

Easily the funnest one was Azusa. I've named it BDE. Big Dumb Eldrazi. I'm probably gonna change Liliana to Korlash, Heir to Blackblade.
>>
>>50782974
Never bothered to put it down because it was short lived (a whole weekend, like, 4 games). It was a combo-oriented build using your typical Simic shitter stuff like Deadeye/Palinchron, Seasons Past/Mystical Tutor/Time Warp, Tidespout Tyrant/Sol Ring and more. And Eldrazi. In case I needed Eldrazi.
>>
Would a "Cheat in fatties" Jhoira deck work? Show and Tell, Sneak Attack, Blue Braids, etc
>>
>>50783062
Sure, it's decently viable. Also be sure to include Paradox Haze
>>
>>50782981

How does the Oriss deck work?
>>
>>50783282
Lots of people ask me that, haha.

It's called really just monowhite goodstuff. I'm in the process of getting the really expensive staples that mono white needs to function at least at mid tier level. Land Tax, Weathered Wayfarer, Mana Crypt, Mana Vault, ect ect.

It runs a ton of enchantments, a few prison cards, about 6-7 board wipes and bunch of equipment as well. It's more of a low powered deck till I get the expensive mana rocks and some of the more powerful draw effects that are expensive. I do wanna keep the general just because it's a foil that I pulled back in Future Sight and I've had it ever since. Wanted to use it in something.
>>
File: Parallel_Evolution.jpg (78KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Parallel_Evolution.jpg
78KB, 312x445px
>>50782201
>boardwipes
That's why you run Kamahl 1.0, Caller of the Claw or dank memes like Fresh Meat, Jolrael or Wrap in Vigor.

Also run Sprout Swarm and pic related.
>>
>>50782907
>>50782679

So wait... what would happen then?

Would the tokens enter as the mimeoplasm?

Can someone explain this to me
>>
>>50783627
Functionally you get a Giant Adephage token, but technically it's a token of Mimeoplasm which is copying the Adephage. I'm not sure if there's a specific instance where this would matter, but I'm sure there's some convoluted one out there.
>>
>>50783856
Would the legendary rule come into effect? Between the token and the actual mimeo?
>>
>>50783413
Is there anything to protect a token army from mass bounce/exile without resorting to MLD?
>>
File: IMG_1257.jpg (44KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1257.jpg
44KB, 223x310px
I haven't played EDH in awhile. I had 3 decks I made when I first started the format and somehow lost them all. I haven't really been able to get myself back into it after losing 300+ of my most adored cards. But I'm thinking of doing it again now that my friends gotten the group hug commander. I've got a friend who's an EDH veteran, another who's got a couple EDH decks too and one who could easily pop together a sliver hivelord deck.

My question to you is who'd be a good W/B commander? I've been playing since m14 and W/B is by far my largest card pool to work with. As of now my only W/B commander is the fates from theros.
>>
>>50783987

Gaddock teeg stops a lot, but not all
>>
For those who care, coolstuffinc is selling Conspiracy 2 booster boxes for $67.99 with free shipping.
>>
>>50784127

Shill
>>
File: Teysa, Orzhov Scion_GP.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Teysa, Orzhov Scion_GP.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>50784076
Well what kinda player are you?

>ayli
Apparently fun due to cleric tribal, but never goes off and is inconsistent
>Karlov
Gets huge very quick, incredibly powerful if granted evasion. Con is you need many small pips of lifegain rather than few large amounts
>triad of fates
Hipster,slow, but interactive and interesting. You'll never see another deck like it.
>kambal
Tax and oppression,slowly grind the table down while pillowforting as hard as possible and forcing opponents to play with incredibly limited resources
>teysa (low cmc)
Incredibly powerful,well rounded deck
>Teysa (high cmc)
She's solid, but costs wayyyy too much cmc.

Personally I would recommend kambal, or karlov, but it's up to you. There are plenty more available as well.
>>
>>50782842
I like it because of how it can bullshit it's way to victory. Mono-red is often looked down upon as really shitty. With Godo, things get out of control fast. So unless they know to deal with him you're just going to get so far set up that they can't do anything. The tutor on ETB makes for some fun shenanigans as well. You can use blade of selves to get free tutors every swing. You can use nim death mantle to not only protect, but proc more tutors! Then you get fun synergies with stuff like Valakut and Sword of the Animist. Swing, fetch a land, Valakut trigger, untap, swing, fetch a land, Valakut trigger.

And don't get me started on the free additional combat step. That alone is pretty damn good value. Like with blade of selves and Sword of the animist, you just get double the value out of them.

And because it's mono-color you can run all kinds of fun lands, and mana doublers. Hell, I even have a Karn in my Godo deck just because I often have enough mana to cast it by turn 4 or 5.

Overall Godo is an extremely explosive deck that can come out of nowhere. Hell, it can even win when it's behind just because of surprise combat damage.
>>
>>50784171
Not really. I just figured people might like to know about an underpriced sale on a very fun to draft set. Ignore it if you want fuckboi.
>>
File: Image[1].png (130KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].png
130KB, 223x311px
>>50784219

You forgot the original b/w combo commander
>>
>>50784369
Explain to me her appeal,other than built in protection
>>
>>50784219
Hmmm, Karlov sound sounds fun. does he get bigger off every individual lifelink instance? Like say I attack with 2 different lifelinkers does he get 4 counters?
>>
>>50784403
Yes
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>50784384
you can stack the trigger as many times as you like to make your life go as low as you want it to
>>
File: IMG_1260.png (138KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1260.png
138KB, 223x311px
>>50784417
I think that'll work then, I got a ton of lifedrain shennanigan cards like exploit, gray merchant and etc. having some spirit tribal shenanigans with devouring greed sounds spicy.
>>
File: Circu, Dimir Lobotomist_RAV.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Circu, Dimir Lobotomist_RAV.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
TIL:
"10/1/2005:
Circu’s last ability applies to all of its controller’s opponents, not just the owner of the exiled card"
>>
>>50784437
Essence harvest and dazzling reflection are your friends
>>
>>50784433
Ooooh,interesting!

How else can you abuse that?
>>
>>50784443
Seems fun, but you really gotta cross your fingers to catch a nonland that Will apply to all players. Let's also not forget that if said card is already In play then the ability does nothing for you.
>>
>>50784437
>>50784477
The spiciest thing i can recommend is Hatred.
>>
>>50784505
Hatred seems like a bad feels 2 for 1 waiting to happen.
>>
>>50784491
You'd be surprised how many cards are shared between decks (of their respected color identify), most notably:

sol ring/ thran dynamo
Cyclonic rift
Tooth and nail
Craterhoof behemoth
Cultivate/kodamas reach and friends
Etc

Its not much, and obviously circu wasnt meant for singleton, but it's a little detail that works with the theme and synergy of the deck, and makes him just a little more fun in my opinion.
>>
>>50784520
SPICY
>>
Speaking of cyclonic rift, what makes it busted apart from being a one sided board wipe?

Is it the splashability? Would it be more fair if it costed "UUUUUUU" to overload and "UU" to normally cast?
>>
File: 38.jpg (52KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
38.jpg
52KB, 312x445px
>>50784487
Just pray that no one has any instant burn/life loss
>>
File: Reverse the Sands_CHK.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Reverse the Sands_CHK.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>50784487
>>
>>50784536
>instant speed
>nonland permanents, not just creatures
>doesn't bounce your own shit

At least one of these traits would have to be removed to make it fair.
>>
>>50784536

If the overload was 7 pips, it would be mono blue only, and severely nerfed

Just making the overload cost 4UUU would make the card less ubiquitous and therefore less frustrating to play against.

Many 3 color decks would still play it for its incredible power but there'd be times where they couldn't cast it, and therefore the card would be weaker, whereas right now there's very little downside to including it in any multicolor combination with blue
>>
What instant speed mana sink tutors are there? I can only name chord of calling. I need to be able to dump my mana into dropping in fatties during the damage step
>>
>>50784682

Perhaps it would be best to have some instant speed enablers? I'm not sure that you have any good options besides chord at instant speed

But Vedalken orrery would let your green Suns zenith, and tooth and nail, and creatures in your hand be cast "during the damage step", although I'm not sure why that's when you want to put them into play
>>
File: 148.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
148.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
>>50781732
Right now this one is my favorite.
>>
>>50784726
Derevi/brago decks having a ton of mana being generated during after combat damage is dealt. With this, have the option of responding to enemy spells to protect my brago getting through by tutoring out a draining whelk or a glendra archmage, or if i do get an attack through, i have a surplus of mana available to tutor out a high cost etb permanent to go off on an infinite with brago. I get alot more options with an instant speed tutor into the battlefield. Im low on green in my deck so im worried about being shafted on the casting cost of chord
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
Whats your favourite uncommon?
>>
>>50784816
Invisible stalker
>>
Post the single spicyest Newzuri tech you've got
>>
File: WP_VampireNighthawk_1280x1024.jpg (580KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
WP_VampireNighthawk_1280x1024.jpg
580KB, 1280x1024px
>>50784816
Umpire Bikelock
>>
File: IMG_1261.jpg (29KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1261.jpg
29KB, 263x192px
>>50784816
tie between doomblade and burning-tree waifu. Doomblade was one of those cards that as a newbie, I could tell was powerful even with my shit card evaluating skills at the time. Watching I think played in standard was really cool for me as a beginner, giant growth was a similar feel.

As for burning tree, it was one of the first cases cards that had me imagining the cute stuff I could do if I built around it. I still think burning tree/manamorphos/ whatever's 3rd 2 mana replaces itself card they print in the future could be a deck.
>>
File: 98.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
98.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>50784816
Played him on my first ever deck (standard INN/RTR) and he's been on all my decks since then, sniping niggas right and left.
>>
>>50784682
Panglacial Wurm

All your tutors, including fetches, now become manasinks!
>>
File: sensei's divining top.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
sensei's divining top.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>50784816
>>
File: Force of Will.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Force of Will.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>50784816
Easy call.
>>
I'm looking for that Anguished unmaking flavor text set, Google is giving me nothing. Please help me.
>>
>>50782842
Things can get out of hand extremely fast. With the amount of super good equipment and mana rocks that have been printed over the years, you can quickly end up with a 13/13 double strike trampler with protection from any color. And since you're mono-color, you can run the mana doublers like the Gauntlets and Caged Sun to go even faster, since you rarely have open mana with all the wargear.

Also all the extra combat cards are fun.
>>
>>50784816
Goes in every black deck.
>>
File: Slaughter_EX.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Slaughter_EX.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>50784816
>>50786774
And I forgot the image.
>>
>>50784816
Greaves
>>
File: 1.jpg (36KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
36KB, 265x370px
C16 was a mistake.
>>
>>50786856
Why's that, friend?
>>
Is there a way to turn an infinite amount of colorless mana into mana of a color of choice, without having to resort to other infinite combo's like sacrificing an infinite amount of tokens to phyrexian altar?
>>
File: 1.jpg (26KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
26KB, 223x311px
>>50786916
One of my friends who I play in 1v1 fairly regularly built a deck with that bitch and pic related, filled it with meta hate, when I loan out most of the decks my playgroup plays with.

So, what are some good budget cards to stop his shenanigans?
>>
>>50787032
Gemstone Array

>>50787072
Is the meta hate critters? Pyroclasm and the like can catch most of them at once, depending on which hatebears he plays.
>>
I actually played a game of Magic last night.
>>
>>50787086
Didn't even know about gemstone array, much obliged anon.
>>
>>50787086
He actually just plays so much removal that he overwhelms my decks fairy frequently with the evasive Tana & the loads of tokens the deck creates.
>>
>>50787156
>pseudoflying is evasive
>2 tokens per turn is loads
>somehow has enough mana to remove all blockers while casting both his 4cmc partners before you have responses available

How fucking garbage is your deck if you can't handle this shit?
>>
Can I get a tier list of commanders? I really want to have fun games at my lgs but a couple weeks in a row I've been placed against someone playing market superfriends or some other Bullshit. But I don't want to bust out my mizzix unless I know it's going to be a competitive game because winning like that isn't fun to me. But if anyone is going to be kerning off a combo at a table of strangers it's better to be me.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
How do I build a deck around this guy? Just generic land destruction theme? I wanna build him for bullying purposes, but still able to be fun in those games where nobody needs to be bullied. I'm in a meta where some have Dragonlord Atarka dragon tribal, while others have foil Gaea's Cradles, Serra Sanctums, and Moats.
>>
>>50787736
It's gonna be hard to build him "to bully with", but also be fun in games where that's not needed. You kinda need to commit whole-hog to "Fuck everyone's everything".
>>
>>50787688
There isn't one, really. For example, I could build four different Animar decks of vastly different power levels, depending on if I was trying to build a pubstomp deck that goes infinite off of Ancestral Statue on like turn 4, or a goofy "All Morph" deck, or somewhere inbetween. There's some Commanders that TYPICALLY fall into the high-range of things, but there's no guarantee that the deck you're up against is well tuned instead of just goofy, and likewise someone can theoretically take an innocent-looking Commander and build an absolutely fucking cutthroat 99 in those colors.

Probably the better option is when you sit down for a game, just ask "Do you prefer more competitive games, or more casual ones?" so you can grab the deck that'll lead to a game where everyone's on the same page.
>>
File: IMG_1800.jpg (25KB, 409x211px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1800.jpg
25KB, 409x211px
>>50787156
Play a tainted aether creature hate deck and he'll stop finding his deck fun really fast.
>>
>>50781732
Hidetsugu, easily. Big Stick Diplomacy translates very well to EDH, as it turns out.
>>
>>50783897
Is Giant Adephage legendary?
Of course not. The token isn't legendary either.
>>
>>50784521
Keep in mind that if he leaves field for any reason and comes back, opponents can cast their shit. He's too situational and depends on shitter's luck too much.
>>
>>50786331
Here ya go, try not to lose it.
>>
>>50787736
I built a Defender deck with him at the helm.
Pretty fun.
>>
>>50788358
Got a list?
>>
>>50788358
Phenax is one of the funnest and meanest commanders to play a defender deck.
>>
>>50788393
But with Phenax you don't get to run the single most fun wall of all
>>
>>50788257
Thanks anon
>>
>>50788089
It's an understandable confusion. They aren't thinking "I get another Giant Adephage", they're thinking "I get a copy of this Mimeoplasm, which is copying Adeph- how does that work?"
>>
>>50784536
The card is aggressively undercosted.

Nonland permanent bounce is probably at about U1 eith Boomerang as the frame of reference. But there are benefits that have an impact on what the cost should be. Those modifiers are:
- Can't target your own permanents. Good and bad side. Is valued at less than 1 mana value.
- Is flexible in casting. Is valued at about 1 mana value. If they want to aggressively cost this mode they could make it UU. Conservatively costed would be U2.

For the overload is where the real value comes. Sorcery speed mass creature bounce is valued at about 4 mana. Here are the modifiers for that:
- Instant speed. Valued at 1 mana. See Evacuation.
- Is flexible in casting. Valued at 1 mana. See modal spells.
- Is one U casting cost. Clearly a design decision to have overload cost be the same colored mana as normal cost and only increasing in generic mana. Nonetheless, balance takes precedent over design. One U cost for mass bounce is valued at arguably 1 mana though you could argue less than 1.
- The big one is doesn't affect your permanents. It's moderately hard to gauge this with really the only precedent being one-sided board wipes. Plague Winds is probably overcosted nowadays but even then one-sided mass effects are probably valued at 3 mana. Could argue aggressively costing would put the spell at 2 additional mana.

So if we look at all that for the overload effect. The effect should probably cost between U7 to UU8.

IMO I think the spell should've been UU1 normal cost and UU6 for overload, possibly even UU7.
>>
>>50788755
Forgot to add for the overload cost that it hits more than creatures so +1 mana.
>>
>>50788755
>Plague Winds is probably overcosted nowadays
In Garruk's Wake disagrees, it trades the regen clause for catching planeswalkers at the same cost and speed.
>>
>>50784536
1) It's an instant, so you can use it as a reactionary "Bounce your board because you swung lethal", as well as "End of your turn, bounce everyone's crap, go ham on my turn".

2) It's flexible. If you -have- to use it as a spot bounce you can, which gives it flexibility over just being a mega-Evacuation.

3) It's pretty well costed for how devastating it is; Plague Wind only destroys opposing creatures and it costs 1C more than this does.

4) It's extremely splashable, as you said.
>>
>>50788401
Wall of Nope?
>>
File: 1469127953709.jpg (26KB, 480x422px) Image search: [Google]
1469127953709.jpg
26KB, 480x422px
>>50782842
Why the fuck is Godo not Boros? Kemba could have been an interesting boros commander, same with Darien. Kazuul has white id properties.
>>
>>50789051
Wall of Motherfucking Nope.
>>
>>50787788
Fair enough I guess I'll try that. I thought after my first game I played mizzix there it was a more casual landscape so I played homos of meletis the second time and the winner got butt hurt when I told him his deck wasn't fun because the amount of extra turns he took and his use of Armageddon. And then we played more casual games after that and he borrowed a friend's lax deck.
>>
Any spicy tech for Shu Yun? Looking to build one and I need ideas other than monks with prowess and spells.
>>
>>50789110
>Godo
Because Kamigawa wasn't a very multicolored block. There was exactly one multicolored Legendary from that entire block, and it was the fusion-dance version of Iname.

>Kemba
Because the Leonin on Mirrodin were mono-white. Just because 'artifacts' are an intersect between red and white doesn't mean Kemba is boros; nothing about the character is red, nothing about the tribe is red, and "Make tokens, also equipment" is pretty firmly in mono-white. Also, not a TON of multicolored things in Scars block.

>Darien
What part of "make tokens when someone damages me" is red? That's mono-white all day.

>Kazuul
I'll give you that Kazuul really feels like a white commander; not much about him is red, honestly. Bad design.
>>
>>50787788
>a goofy "All Morph" deck
I didn't realize I wanted this until now
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 178x248px
>>50784219
>>50784076
>>
>>50789226
It's not exactly a 'new' or 'unique' take on Animar because I've seen it done a lot, but it can be really funny. Part of the "problem" with Morph in EDH is that most decks have like... 2 at the most, so there's no surprise. When my buddy plays something face-down on turn 3 with his Kaalia deck, we all know it's Rakroma. When I cast a face-down guy with Reaper King, we all know it's Vesuvan Shapeshifter. But when you get to go whole-fucking-hog with them, it's a total crapshoot. Is that a Chromeshell Crab, or a Rakroma? Am I safe to cast this spell or is that a Kheru Spellsnatcher?

Plus you get to run stupid shit like Trail of Mystery and Obscuring Aether.
>>
>>50781732
Patron of the Moon sea monsters
>>
Are there any ultra-high power 1v1 EDH decks that crush tournaments? The more broken the better.
My city is filled with EDH players and I want to take some of their prizes.
>>
File: Ezuri 1200_zpsi6cgimrq.jpg (267KB, 754x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Ezuri 1200_zpsi6cgimrq.jpg
267KB, 754x1024px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ezuri-claw-of-progress-or-the-game-where-you-lose/

Thoughts and/or advice?
>>
>>50789378
Kill yourself you fucking degenerate. You don't belong in this format.
>>
>>50789378
Yes, there are.

I'm not going to tell you what they are, because I don't want to spoonfeed you, and because I'm not a fan of those decks in the first place; even less so if you're only wanting to use them to perpetuate a stupid "competitive" arms race.
>>
>>50789378
god dammit kaiba, you have xyz shit in your game, go home.
>>
File: Mana Drain LEG.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Mana Drain LEG.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>50786110
>>50784816
pleb
>>
>>50781732

Freyalise, elementals and beasts, lots of ramp, card draw. Honorable mention to Brimaz but my current group makes mono white pointless to play
>>
File: 139.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
139.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>50789430
>>
>>50789378
>Format designed around long games and fun times.
>Became popular specifically because of people like you.
>Sees people having fun and wants to ruin it.
Neck yourself.
>>
>>50789518
Maybe Cultivator of Blades instead? Three triggers, does the same.
>>
>>50789518
>>50789563
Did I not have cultivator of blades already in list? I'll update if not
>>
>>50789287
I'm drafting up a Patron of the Moon because he's the only mono blue commander that appeals to me.
>>
>>50789604
My bad I hadn't seen it. But you could try to accommodate both.
>>
>>50789018
Anti-regen has never been valued at a full 1 mana's value. It's why Incinerate has always been trash.
>>
File: vedalkenaethermage.jpg (69KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
vedalkenaethermage.jpg
69KB, 480x680px
>>50789430
Pic related
>>
>>50789651
I've thought of leaning away from infect except for Viral Drake due to the proliferate so I have been considering a replacement for Ichorclaw Myr. I'll put wild beastmaster in its place
>>
>>50781732
> What's the most fun mono-color deck you've ever run?
My second favorite deck I've ever built was based around TAHNGARTH SMASH. Just a deck full of equipment, legendaries, and a few dragons. Simple and straightforward. It was always so refreshing to play compared to my normal control/crazy combo decks. Win or lose, I always had fun throwing an invincible 9/8 Tahngarth around the board or Arena-ing people.
>>
>>50789378
Baby Jace/Teferi High Tide
>>
>>50789563
It also removes the possibility of a blowout with the optional trigger instead of the mandatory.
>>
File: 78.jpg (51KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
78.jpg
51KB, 312x445px
>>50789466
been shifted to a mythic rare.
>>
>>50789916
1) It was originally printed at uncommon, so his point stands

2) "Rarity" doesn't exactly mean shit with promos.
>>
>>50789936
and serra angel is still a rare. okay.

and vintage masters isn't a promo. if they were gonna keep it an uncommon, they wouldn't have shifted it in mtgo.
>>
>>50789990
Okay, you don't seem to understand what I'm saying.

The fact that a card was later printed at a certain rarity doesn't fucking undo every previous printing. Mana Drain did not retroactively become a mythic rare from Legends when they made the promo (and using "nurr online only" set as your argument is even fucking stupider). Alpha Serra Angel did not retroactively become a Rare when they printed her as one in Seventh Edition. Urza's Saga Peregrine Drakes did not all have their expansion symbol changed to black when the EMA version was printed at Common.

The joke was "this is my favorite uncommon: a very strong card that happened to be printed at Uncommon because rare didn't exist back then!", and it sailed clean the fuck over your empty little head.
>>
>>50790029
it's not an uncommon anymore, you fucking mongoloid. what part about that is hard to understand?

of course they didnt go back and change symbols you dunce, thats a supreme waste of time and only serves to confuse players. the point is that the most recent printing is what the cards rarity is considered to be. The card is now considered a Mythic rare. Get over it.

You're going to argue semantics with me, then you're just wasting my time. Kill yourself.
>>
>>50790111
>>50790029

Guys I don't think it matters

Now kiss and make up
>>
File: WIP.png (623KB, 966x578px) Image search: [Google]
WIP.png
623KB, 966x578px
Alright kids, which one of these affronts to God should I sleeve-and-proxy to test?
>>
>>50790111
>It's not an uncommon anymore, you fucking mongoloid
It was printed as an uncommon in Legends.

Therefore, those copies are uncommons. They did not retroactively become mythic rares because it was printed with an orange symbol exactly once, or because it was slotted as mythic in Vintage Masters. THOSE ones are a promo and a Mythic, respectively. The Legends copies are still fucking uncommons.
>>
>>50790111
> the point is that the most recent printing is what the cards rarity is considered to be.
[citation needed]
>>
>>50790163
>vintage masters is a promo set

I reiterate; kill yourself
>>
>>50790181
No, the Judge promo is a promo set. As in, no boosters of it exist. "Rarity" doesn't matter outside of an actual set, because the primary thing for rarity is 'how complicated/powerful a card is allowed to be, based on how often it'll show up in Limited'. You could make every single card in a precon common or uncommon or rare or mythic and it would change nothing because there's still the exact same number of them in every one of those decks. Ditto for promo sets; it doesn't actually matter what color the symbol is on a Judge promo, they're all printed and distributed the same way in recent years.

Vintage Masters is not a promo set, but it's also an ONLINE ONLY set. It literally does not exist in meatspace. There are zero copies of Vintage Masters Mana Drains to be purchased at a vendor because they don't fucking exist. It's a mythic rare in Vintage Masters for power and Limited reasons, but that DOES NOT RETROACTIVELY MAKE THE LEGENDS VERSIONS INTO MYTHIC FUCKING RARES.
>>
File: 1481173626742.png (31KB, 790x144px) Image search: [Google]
1481173626742.png
31KB, 790x144px
>>50790029
>>50790111
>>
Building spellslinger Jeleva because I love big shitty mythic sorceries. Also going to have lots of steal effects (Gonti, Emrakul, Control Magic variants).

Anyone have secret tech?
>>
>>50790337
Interpret the Signs, Mizzix's Mastery, Nahiri's Wrath
>>
>>50789916
so was FoW
>>
>>50782981
Why not Michiko Konda for Mono-white?

I might be a slightly too Stax-y player.
>>
>>50783413
that looks like a Spicy card for Group Hug
>>
Anyone wanna rate/critique my Ruric Thar deck? Looking to slot in Dawnstrider and Vigor, not sure what to remove.

Decklist: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/b-e-a-s-t/
>>
>>50790540
Who started this spacing-the-letters out brackets bullshit?
>>
>>50790540
>Enchantment (3)
>Artifact (1)
>Sorcery (1)
>Planeswalker (1)
WRONG
>>
>>50790540
Primal Surge is less fun than playing an actually good deck
>>
>>50790211
>rarity in online sets or masters set designed for drafting doesn't matter

Please shut up.
>>
>>50790552
Standanon.
and its fucking fantastic
>>
>>50790576
>Rarity doesn't matter outside an actual set.... based on how often it'll show up in Limited
Cool fucking reading comprehension. I specifically said that in a NON-SET, such as "promos" or "The contents of a preconstructed deck" rarity doesn't mean shit. Inside a set, whether it's a normal release like Kaladesh, a Masters set like EMA, or something online-only like VMA, rarity -is- important because those sets are designed with Limited in mind.
>>
>>50790583
Do delude yourself. It's the next form of pumaposting.
>>
File: 1449951493950.jpg (98KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1449951493950.jpg
98KB, 800x600px
>>50790576
Literally completely the opposite of what he said about it being mythic in VM for limited reasons. Reading sure is tough.
>>
>>50790599
>>50790605
>takes painstaking steps to point out its an online only set after backpedaling for thinking it was a promo set like online printings have no bearing on the cards current rarity.

Both of you shut up. Saying Mana Drain is an uncommon is wrong. Saying it WAS an uncommon is correct.
>>
Someone has a good RB Wort decklist? I'm fairly new to Commander and want to do something with my favourite tribal
>>
>>50790645
>For thinking it was a promo set
Where, exactly? I specifically said 'printed with an orange symbol exactly once', for the Judge promo, and then said 'or because it was slotted as a mythic in Vintage Masters'. I said 'those are a promo and a mythic, respectively'.

At no point did I think Vintage Masters was a promo set, and I am deeply sorry for using words so big that they confused you into thinking that I did.
>>
>>50790645
>saying it WAS an uncommon is correct
So, again, you're insisting that because it has been printed as a Mythic Judge Promo, that every single copy in the world is now actually a Mythic? Does that mean that every single Serra Angel in the world is an Uncommon again because it was printed as one in EMA? If I open a pack of M10 and get a Serra Angel as my rare, I should write to Wizards because I got 4 uncommons and 0 rares then, right?
>>
>>50788257
the last one, kek
>>
>>50790555
I added only the very best for this deck. I don't mind being slapped around a bit for great value.

>>50790575
I used to play good decks and I get ganged up for it. This is a change of pace. Now, are you willing to give actual criticism or shall I ignore you?
>>
>>50790699
I'm insisting exactly what I said. If you can't read it properly then that's your fault. Original post said:

>Whats you favorite uncommon

"Whats" is a contraction for "what is", not "what was." Mana Drain IS a mythic. It was an uncommon. Ergo it's an invalid answer to the question.
>>
>>50789430
Feed the Pack is a necessity. I'd recommend Verdant Force as well.
>>
>>50790757
No, the Judge Promo mana drain is a mythic.

The ones from Legends -is- a fucking uncommon. Not "was". It -is- an uncommon. It is not a rare, it is not a mythic rare, it is not a common, it is not a Ghost Rare or Secret Rare or whatever your austistic fucking brain decides, it IS an uncommon, period.
>>
>>50790747
>only the very best
>no Blood Moon
>no Root Maze
>Domri Rade
>>
>>50790365
Exactly. It is now a Mythic Rare. It used to be an uncommon, but it's not anymore.

If the question had said, "what was your favorite uncommon" and not "what is your favorite uncommon" then you could say Mana Drain. However, since it's not an uncommon anymore and will never be treated as such by Wizards of the Coast, it is not an uncommon.
>>
>>50790785
careful anon. your autism is showing again.
>>
File: 1456777758346.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1456777758346.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>50790575
>tfw Primal Surge Enchantress
Most fun deck I've ever made.
>>
>>50790747
I'm not a big fan of Elvish Piper. It looks appealing, but it paints a big target on itself and you rarely get any decent use out of it; it's also weird to have it in a deck where you're trying to RAMP into big dudes. I'd trim that. Also not a huge fan of Tranquil Grove; I see that you want to leave it up to nuke shit over and over, but same problem: it paints a target on itself and is very likely to get trashed by a Disenchant before you really get value out of it. Swap that for a Bane of Progress.

Honored Hierarch is pretty disappointing ramp, and I'd cut Atarka and Two-Headed Dragon. It's cute, but not that impressive. Ventmaw is fine.
>>
>>50790757
You're an absolute fucking mong. If a card is printed as an uncommon, and then as a rare in a later set, it's exactly that. An uncommon in one set, and a rare in the other.

What in the world are you even basing your ridiculous views on? Wizards has absolutely never confirmed anything about what you said.

You're literally getting mad at people on the internet because they don't take your ridiculous made-up opinion as fact because you want them to.

You realize that nobody has any reason to believe anything you say right? It's not like you're an authority on the subject. Again, [citation needed].
>>
>>50790836
How the fuck am I the autistic one for saying that REALITY didn't get retconned by a promo?
>>
>>50790816
>It used to be an uncommon, but it's not anymore
Yes. It. Fucking. Is.
>>
>arguing semantics over whether or not a card is considered an uncommon

jesus christ, you fags will argue about anything. in what case does mana drain being an uncommon or a mythic rare actually matter to the game? the only formats that care about rarity are pauper and tiny leaders.

one of which is commons only and the other one is dead.
>>
>>50790501
>Michiko
>too staxy

Michiko is a dream compared to Hokori.
>>
>>50790868
you're right. it got retconned by an actual set. vintage masters is an actual set, whether or not you want to admit it is.

MTGO pulls more weight for wizards than paper magic does anyway.
>>
>>50790884
Tiny leaders doesn't care about rarity, it only cares about mana cost.
>>
>>50790927
>MTGO pulls more weight for wizards than paper magic does anyway
Alright, that's the problem- you're fucking retarded. Carry on!
>>
>>50784816
Rakdos Charm. Best charm, all charms.
>>
>>50790859
>>50790747
Oh, also, some tech to consider, though it's not very 'secret':

Artisan of Kozilek is a good reanimator in your colors. Costs a lot, but brings a beater straight back to the board, and is a threat all by itself.

Dualcaster Mage is hilarious for slapping the spellslinger in the face with his own shit. It's great to respond to their Cryptic Command with Dualcaster so they take 6 damage for nothing.

Heartwood Storyteller and Regal Force are good card-draw enablers as well, and Heartwood plays great into the "FUCK YOUR SPELLS, ASSHOLE" theme.

Also, big ups for the Temur Sabertooth, I'm gonna consider running that myself.
>>
File: f2pxZyW.jpg (47KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
f2pxZyW.jpg
47KB, 265x370px
>thinking about Edh in the shower and what creatures, if any, should I run in Mizzix
>really want to run clones
>think it would be fucking sick if there was a clone that bounced itself for like 1U
>this thread OP
I really wish Sakashima was 3U instead or 2UU. Maybe I'll pick him up and run him instead of Gigantoplasm.
>>
>>50790966
nice ad hominem bro :^)
>>
>>50790811
I have neither Blood Moon or Root Maze, besides the fact that Blood Moon is far too expensive for my tastes. Also, Domri gives card advantage alot of the time, can protect himself and has a game ending ultimate.
>>
File: ooooh.jpg (108KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
ooooh.jpg
108KB, 1080x1920px
What's your most underrated foil, edhg?
>>
>>50790782
>Feed the Pack

Very nice. I like it, gonna have to get me one.
>>
>>50791063
That's a fair point. Let me attack your argument, instead.

MTGO does not pull more weight than paper Magic. If it did, Wizards would be focusing their efforts and money on it, rather than basically completely ignoring it and only throwing it the paltriest amount of support. They put way more effort and money into supporting the game at the store level across the world, and into big events like Grands Prix; if their intent was to make MTGO the flagship thing they'd treat it like Hearthstone and promote the shit out of it, make big tournaments for it and zhuzh everything about it up. Instead, they just kinda let it exist, primarily as a place for people to play as much Limited as they want at any time of day, while they DO promote the shit out of things like GPs and the Pro Tour (which they use in and of itself as a big promotional and advertising venue).
>>
>>50791040
If it's in a Mizzix deck, why does the extra blue symbol matter? I would assume you would be very blue-heavy to begin with.
>>
>>50791113
Never ever look at a Planeswalker's ultimate to justify playing it. You pretty much only ever get it 'off' if you're already winning very well.

Also, even in a deck that's literally 60 creatures and 39 lands, you have almost a 40% chance to whiff on his +1. There's better card advantage.
>>
>>50790811
>tfw I have set of magus of the moon but no blood moon

What cruel irony
>>
>>50791126
except mtgo has higher profits than paper magic?

wizards promotes in store stuff because it always has. it promotes gps and pro tour because it promotes the game as a whole.

paper magic operates at a net loss. mtgo doesn't.
>>
>>50791173
>Except MTGO has higher profits than paper magic?
[citation needed]
>>
>>50791127
I just like single colored mana costs more than double. Especially in decks that are multicolored. No doubt I could run Sakashima in Mizzix, just the extra blue makes it slightly more harder to be efficient than a 3U casting cost or a 3U return cost.

If it was monoblue I wouldn't give a shit because I would play it even if it was UUUU. In multicolor that shit gets wonky.
>>
>>50791063
It's not just an ad hominem, it also answers the debate. He is asking "why do you think all of mana drains printings are mythic rares?" He has concluded that you are retarded, as being retarded is the only evidence you have brought to the debate. That is not a valid answer.

The burden now lies on you to prove you are not retarded. Good luck with that.
>>
>>50791173
//citation needed//
>>
File: 40c.png (490KB, 600x691px) Image search: [Google]
40c.png
490KB, 600x691px
>>50791173
>Paper magic operates at a net loss
>>
>>50791186
The difference between 2CC and 3C is negligible in a two color deck, especially one that's almost certainly much more blue than it is red already.
>>
>>50791173
I don't think you know what "net loss" means.

I think you meant to say "Paper magic has production COSTS".

How you can believe that selling CARDBOARD at a premium can go at a net loss is fucking beyond reason
>>
File: Reassembling Skeleton_M12.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Reassembling Skeleton_M12.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
>>50781732
Mono green and red in general. White and blue is ok. Haven't tried black yet.
>>50784816
Good question. There's too many for me to count but the first thing that pops into my mind is pic related.
>>
>>50791300
I mean, he's very slightly right. Percentage-wise, MTGO is notably more profitable than paper Magic because it has way less overhead.

But yeah, in no universe does paper magic operate at a net loss, or bring in fewer raw dollars than MTGO.
>>
>>50791063
Straight insults aren't ad hominems idiot. Saying something like "but you're a drunk, so your point is invalid" is an ad hominem.

He just concluded that you're retarded from what you've said, which is valid.
>>
>>50791371
Nah, it was ad hominem. My argument was basically "You are a drooling moron, and therefore your stances are pointless". I implied that his stupidity rendered his arguments incorrect, even if I didn't outright state it, which is pretty much textbook ad hominem; rather than attack the argument directly, I attacked the man.
>>
>>50791393
However, you judged him to be a moron by the things he said.
An ad hominem would be "you're a moron, so your point is invalid".

However since he never even tried to prove anything, he just spouted nonsense for a while, this situation is more like " you're saying some really dumb shit, I conclude that you're a moron who doesn't know what you're talking about. Since you don't know what you're talking about I'm not gonna keep this one sided discussion up".

That's not an ad hominem, since you're judging him based on his "points" and behaviour in this discussion, instead of in general.
>>
>>50791457
At least we can all agree he's dumb as shit.

Back to EDH!
>>
Where is the best place to buy foreign cards?
>>
File: 1480020632778.jpg (65KB, 340x348px) Image search: [Google]
1480020632778.jpg
65KB, 340x348px
>>50791173
And know i now that you're a fucking moron
>>
>>50791573
MKM
>>
>>50791349
except it does.
>>
>>50791596
Mkm?
>>
File: Mana_U.png (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Mana_U.png
9KB, 250x250px
What are some win-cons in Mono-U that are not Lab Man or Bluesun's Zenith for "X= Yes" targetting your opponents?
>>
i swear the majority of you are more easily trolled than the modern fags.

no wonder everyone thinks youre autistic.
>>
>>50791488
Sorry, but it's an online argument about economics and a fallacy has been mentioned. Brace yourself.
>>
>>50791599
[citation needed]
>>
>>50791650
>I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED
>>
>>50791629
Hedron Alignment
>>
>>50791650
(You )
>>
>>50791610
Magic card market I assume. Only for eurofags afaik. Could also check tcgplayer
>>
>>50791689
If only.
>>
>>50791629

Playing black instead/
>>
File: WW.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
WW.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
Hey /EDH/,

How do I abuse Whelming Wave repeatedly in a Lorthos commander deck? (Besides Mnemonic Wall)
>>
>>50791689
I'm pretty sure this is literally impossible without houseruling Wishes.
>>
>>50791789
Mnemonic Wall, Archaeomancer, Vexing Scuttler are the only ways I can think of to do it repeatedly. There's a few one-and-done effects for it like Codex Shredder and Call to Mind.
>>
>>50791629
Infinite mana + Capsize was a big one in the pre-LabMan days.

Archaeomancer + Time Warp/Temporal Manipulation + Crystal Shard/Erratic Portal/Heidar, Rimewind Master/Waterfront Bouncer to get infinite turns. You can stop yourself from decking with Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar, Elixir of Immortality and probably a lot of other cards.

A janky one is Blind Seer + Arcane Laboratory + Douse + lots of mana. It takes a lot of mana, but it stops your opponents from ever casting a spell again (until they use Krosan Grip to destroy Douse or the Laboratory).

>>50791790
Afaik copies-per-deck limits apply to the wishboard too, so it would only work if Wishes were allowed and they were taken literally so you could get cards you own that you just happen to have with you.
>>
File: SEKRUTTEK.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
SEKRUTTEK.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>50791821
Nice. I really like Vexing Scuttler for the theme as well. Thanks, bluebro.

Have some TOP SEKRUT TEKMOLOGY
>>
Is it worth it to run clock of omens in an artifact deck that doesn't make any tokens?
>>
>>50792114
Yeah, depending on what you're using the untap for. What's your idea?
>>
>>50791973
What in the fuck...
>>
>>50790146
The atheros deck.
>>
File: IMG_1822.png (78KB, 282x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1822.png
78KB, 282x300px
If your runric thar does 21 damage to you from casting non-creature, non land cards,Do you lose the game? It's technically 21 damage from a unique commander.
>>
>>50792192
It's a sen triplets artifacts deck running the monoliths and most of the 25 creatures are artifact creatures. Besides that I also just have the standard 8 mana rocks (gilded lotus and thran dynamo included of course, but also everflowing chalice and astral cornucopia because of shit like metalworker). I also run a good deal of non creature artifacts and some equipments.

Thing is, I'm not gonna run it to untap big artifact creatures, tglhat's just bad value. So is it good enough just to run for untapping mana rocks?
>>
>>50792334
Commander damage only counts combat damage.
>>
are there more cards like fling and essence harvest?
>>
>>50792334
No.
Read the OP, it has the link for the format rules. You need them.
>>
>>50792334
Only combat damage.
>>
>>50790866
What have I said that's fabricated. Does "Whats" suddenly not mean "What is?"

Also here's something to chew on. Rarity didn't really exist back then since there was no standardized print rates for anything other than lands. They lumped in uncommon for simplisticity sake but it wasn't printed at the same rate as any other uncommon. The only that says its uncommon is the oracle page for the legends card and oracle goes by latest printing anyhow. Or are still operating in a world where Eladamri isn't an Elf and Falcon's a creature type?
>>
>>50792358
There's Inner Fire, but it doesn't sacrifice the creature. Grab the Reins is the most versatile Fling variant. Bloodshot Cyclops and Brion Stoutarm are repeatable flings.
>>
>>50792409
Whoops, I meant Soul's Fire, not Inner Fire.
>>
>>50792380
>>50792359
>>50792342
Oh my mistake, I thought it was all damage a commander could possible do, Like breya's bolt or oloro tax effect. I apologize, I'm a little new at magic.
>>
If you mindslaver someone, can you make them reveal their hand to the group?
>>
>>50792336
It's playable that way. Especially if you run Shimmer myr/Flash stuff. Even more so if you run any artifact creatures like Myr Battlesphere/Thoper Assembly, etc.
>>
>>50792540
No, just like you can't make them discard things randomly or tear their cards in half. They aren't actions one can take without rules.
>>
>>50790851
That actually sounds pretty damn fun.
>>
>>50792560
But you can TELL others what they have right?
>>
>>50792232
Eh, it's just Knight Tribal. Pretty sure it'll do terribly.
>>
>>50792456
Oloro does not do damage.
>>
>>50792540
With EDH it's kinda hard to say, since players will sometimes show cards in their hands to other players. I don't know what the "official" rule would be, but I'd allow it in a casual game.

>>50792573
Yeah.
>>
>>50792540
Not directly. There's nothing stopping you from just telling everyone the contents of their hand, so it's just logistically simpler to show everyone.
>>
>>50784816
Ashnods, followed closely by swords to plowshares and propaganda.

Best common? Gitaxian Probe.
>>
File: 310.gif (5MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
310.gif
5MB, 480x360px
>>50792624
>Gitaxian Probe
>Commander
>>
>>50792540
According to tournament rules you can choose to reveal your hand or any other hidden information available to you unless explicitly prohibited by the rules.
>>
>>50792635
>He isn't a hand peeking degenerate
Come on anon, ride that dimir pony.
>>
>>50792657
It just feels like Thoughtseize; I can see the value in a 1v1 format, but it just doesn't do anywhere near enough good when there's 3 opponents.
>>
>>50792657
>remembering the cards you see with Git Probe
c'mon, it's just "+1 storm count/Talrand trigger, lose 2 life".
>>
>>50792705
it's actually very good in edh, but in a subtle way and it's also just boring and lame. it's -1 to your deck size for basically free.
>>
>>50792740
That's "relevant" in some formats like Modern, where 4 Gitprobe add to the storm count and make your combo deck effectively 6.7% 'smaller'.

It's a lot less useful in a format where you're making your deck about 1% 'smaller'.
>>
>>50792705
>pay 2 life, draw a card
I'd still play it. The sneaky peaky just tells me who to hit with all my nonsense. It's not like I won't see everyone else's hand eventually, but it is helpful to look at big stompy or colourful combo jackass to know if they have any early plays.
>>
>>50792778
Cantrips are not worth a deck slot in EDH, especially not in blue.
>>
>>50792788
Why? I run cantrips in every single deck I possibly can. I have 3 dedicated cantrip decks.
>>
>>50792788
Ponder, Brainstorm and Sleight of Hand say otherwise, ESPECIALLY with Sense's Top and Scroll Rack.
>>
>>50792590
>Whenever you gain life, you may pay 1 mana of any color, if you do draw a card and each opponent loses 1 life
Are you Messing with me anon?
>>
>>50791629
If you're playing Teferi you can go infinite with him and Chain Veil and kill all your opponents with Ugin.

That's all I can think of.
>>
>>50792871
Ponder and Brainstorm are not just simple cantrips. I know this sounds like me moving the goalpost, but the card selection of Ponder (and the shuffle) are absolutely useful, and Brainstorm is REALLY easy to abuse (especially with Rack and Top, as you say).

But "cast this, draw a card" is not worth a deck slot. I'm not playing Brainstorm because it gives me a net gain of 0 cards, I'm playing it because it digs 3 cards deep and can be very abusable. I'm not playing Ponder because it gives me a net gain of 0 cards, I'm playing it because it lets me see as many as 4 cards, and can force a shuffle, etc.
>>
>>50792635
it's for a Doomsday pile, obviously
>>
>>50792894
>Loses 1 life
Oloro does not do damage.
>>
>>50792768
>It's a lot less useful in a format where you're making your deck about 1% 'smaller'.

well that's true for every card in edh so who cares
>>
>>50792928
Disagree. Tooth and Nail is still good in EDH, for example. A lot of cards get BETTER in EDH than in other formats. I'm saying that when your argument for a card is "It's basically a free slot!", that's a fine and dandy argument for trimming a 60 card combo deck down to 56 cards, but a lot less useful for trimming a 99 card deck down to 98.
>>
What's more fun? New Marchesa and Old Marchesa.
>>
File: wjbcV6L.png (309KB, 504x398px) Image search: [Google]
wjbcV6L.png
309KB, 504x398px
>can't decide between Wort Tokens 'n' Fireballs and Tokens or Ruric Thar Oops All Creatures
Fuck. They both look fun but I don't want two Gruul decks
>>
>>50792546
Why would flash make it better? So you can flash in new artifacts to untap stuff?
>>
>>50793000
I have a lot of fun with old marchesa. They both can turn the game on its head though, in that they both change who people want to target. New does this with monarch, but old has a lot more wonky interactions. People may just avoid attacking you so your life stays high, or they may through 1 or 2 damage around strategically to guide you to attack specific people.

Old marchesa let's you do more exciting things though, unless you think "draw a card" is exciting (I mean, it's not bad, but it's not living death with OG marchesa exciting)
>>
>>50792919
I just looked it up on stack exchange, ok life loss and direct damage are apparently two separate things for the purpose of damage prevention effects. It's really weird though, i swear there was a card I read once that said, loss of life = damage or the other way around as the reminder text once.
>>
>>50793157
Reminder text on Wound Reflection
>>
>>50793157
When you take damage you do lose life. That's the end result. Losing life though is not taking damage.

Comprende?
>>
>>50793157
Damage causes loss of life is probably what you read
>>
>>50793097
As someone with a Ruric deck that he enjoys, I'd suggest Wort. Both are fun ideas, but you see a lot less of Wort.
>>
>>50793157
>for the purpose of damage prevention effects
No

They are two separate things period

Life loss is not damage. Life loss has never BEEN damage. Damage can cause loss of life, but this is like you being confused about drinking not being headaches. Drinking can CAUSE headaches, but it doesn't always, and not every headache is caused by drinking.
>>
>>50793200
I have a Melek deck that wins primarily through massive Fireballs but I think I'll take it apart for Wort. There's a surprising number of ways to win in Gruul spellslinging, based on some lists I was looking at last night
>>
>>50792976
if you have 98 tooth and nail-tier cards in your deck and room for 1 more, it makes more sense to put in gitaxian probe than anything else. i dont know why this is so hard to get. gitaxian probe just makes your other cards stronger. thats all it does.
>>
>>50793272
Or you can put in a 99th tooth-and-nail level card.

Yes, putting in a 'free' slot like Probe helps because you can just burn it as soon as you get it, effectively lowering your deck's size. I'm not questioning that.

I'm telling you that mathe-fucking-matically, getting ONE 'free' slot in a deck of NINETY NINE CARDS is so fucking miniscule it doesn't matter. You know why Legacy combo decks don't run 4 Probe and 4 Street Wraith? Because they'd rather run 4 actually-good-on-their-own cards than trim the deck down to 52 with 4 Street Wraiths. If reducing the deck size by 14% isn't good enough, what makes you think reducing the deck size by 1.01% is?
>>
>>50793328
>>Or you can put in a 99th tooth-and-nail level card.

edh is a singleton format so you will always have good cards and not-so-good cards in your deck. gitaxian probe replaces a not-so-good card with a chance to draw a good card.

>what makes you think reducing the deck size by 1.01% is?

by that logic its pointless to add tooth and nail to your deck because the chance of drawing it is only 1.01%
>>
>>50793368
Except when I cast Tooth and Nail, I win the game. When I cast Gitaxian Probe, I have a 1.01% chance of drawing a card that will win me the game.
>>
Is there any place online to play some casual EDH?
I know that Xmage and coquatrix (and MTGO perhaps) allow you to play magic but I don't know which is the best one and if there are others
>>
>>50793396
but you aren't replacing your tooth and nail with gitaxian probe, you fucking retard. you are replacing your See the Unwritten or Forest instead. you know, the cards that you draw when you aren't lucky enough to draw tooth and nail. why is this so hard to understand
>>
>>50793416
Because you think that somehow, instead of putting a bunch of GOOD FUCKING CARDS in my deck, I've got some 30 pieces of absolute chaff that are so terrible that I'd rather run a Conspiracy that says "Your starting life total is 2 lower, and your maximum deck size is 98" rather than run them.
>>
I wanna play Hatebears /tg, what commander should i play?
>>
>>50793400
xmage is the best if you can handle installing it. it monitors the rules and once you get a handle of the UI, it becomes a dream to play.

cockatrice is easy to install but you have to do everything manually

i recommend xmage

if you get on the discord channel (https://discord.gg/rk3vgtg), i can maybe help you with the installation and even play with you
>>
>>50793400
Cockatrice is a lot easier to set up, but is full of cancerous assholes and has no built in rules engine. Prepare to have people argue rules, cheat, and bring Yidris Storm to a "casual EDH :)" room.

Xmage has a way better community, but requires a blood pact with an Elder God to set up, and since the cards are programmed in one at a time, some of your cards might literally not exist within Xmage.
>>
>>50793453
>Because you think that somehow, instead of putting a bunch of GOOD FUCKING CARDS in my deck, I've got some 30 pieces of absolute chaff

you still don't understand the point. you will always have a worst card in the deck. it doesn't matter how good it is, it will still be worse compared to other cards in your deck. gitaxian probe will replace that card and make the slot functionally disappear for virtually no cost

life quite literally doesnt matter if you are playing in a meta that is even remotely competitive. -1 to deck size is always good
>>
>>50793459
An Abzhan commander.

Doesn't really matter which one.
>>
>>50793511
>You will always have a worst card in the deck
Yes.

And I think if "Making your deck literally 1 fucking percent smaller" is better than your worst card, your deck sucks.
>>
File: IMG_20161219_131022.jpg (154KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161219_131022.jpg
154KB, 1920x1080px
>Yidris is tier 1
What the fuck

The terrible precon would have led me to believe otherwise
>>
>>50793464
>>50793480
Thanks, will try to install Xmage then (I think I managed to install it one time ago, shouldn't be hard to repeat the process)
>>
>>50793564
It's not. It's just a flash in the pan flavor of the month. There's already better ways to win via storm that don't require resolving, buffing, and connecting with a creature that costs 4 fucking colors.
>>
>>50793544
but it literally and mathematically does make it better

lets say you have a 5 card deck. power wise, they are rated:

5, 5, 4, 4, 3
average power of card: 4.2

now let's replace one of the cards with gitaxian probe

5, 5, 4, 4
average power of card: 4.5

wow you made your deck stronger!!

>but 99 cards

it literally does not fucking matter because my point is that it makes your deck better by the virtue is making it smaller, even if it is by a miniscule bit. when you are dealing with 99 cards, any single change you make in the deck will have a miniscule effect
>>
>>50793564
>UBx storm is tier one in a format with Ad Nauseam, Necropotence, Time Spiral, Mind's Desire, Doomsday, Yawgmoth's Will, Timetwister, Mana Crypt, etc.

who would have guessed?
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
Quick , what do i use with pic related in my new UG activated abilities deck for sweet value?
>>
>>50793521
Seems like it will be Anafenza, Alesha seems interesting but missing out on green must be difficult.
>>
>>50793607
>but it literally and mathematically does make it better
Yes

I am not fucking arguing that

I am arguing that the amount that it 'improves' the deck is absolutely miniscule and not worth giving a fuck about
>>
>>50793459
I was going to try and do Basandra myself, but I have no idea how to make her as a deck, not being especially clued in to the EDH scene. Still, her in hatebear form sounds sweet.
>>
>>50794173
I think missing out on green will be really tough, optimal commander should be GWx imo
>>
>>50794374
True, but as I understand it an optimal circumstance would be playing Sultai, not the opposite.
>>
File: Harnessed Lightning_KLD.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Harnessed Lightning_KLD.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
is there anything good to do with energy counters in mono red? Is there any reason to run this in zada?
>>
>>50795078
Aetherworks Marvel can be good
>>
Help me pick a Christmas order, guys, I'm indecisive.

>Judge promo Yawg's Will and Demonic Tutor for Kokusho
>Judge promo Land Tax for Hanna
>Lion's Eye Diamond for Kozilek
>Masterpiece Scroll Rack + $50 upgrade for Yidris
>>
>>50795361
The Land Tax is the biggest upgrade art-wise so I'd go for that.
>>
>>50795361
LED since it will only go up in price, might as well get one now.
>>
>>50795078
Aetherworks Marvel, that one dude that pays 6 energy for 6 damage
>>
hi guys

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/d-e-a-d-o-r-a-l-i-v-e/

did i miss any obvious saccing & recur synergy in blue/dimir? no need to suggest anything in monoblack since i already know everything related to that theme in monoblack
>>
>>50791973
Wow that is spicy. Why is this degenerate bullshit even blue?
>>
>>50796018
where is panharmonicon?
>>
>>50796210
i had it there at one point but then i decided that my sac & recur engine is already so convoluted that i can't really afford to spend slots on making etbs better. plus, a lot of my stuff depends on LTBs too.
>>
File: Mizzix of the Izmagnus_C15.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Mizzix of the Izmagnus_C15.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
Just stole this precon, what am I In for?
>>
>>50792624
I nominate Gary, but my personal favorite common in general is Hand of Emerakul.
>>
>>50796316
A police investigation
>>
>>50793834
Pili pala
>>
>>50796362
Kek
>>
>>50796316
A trip to the slammer. The slammer is what I call jail when I'm extra mad at crime.
>>
Who's a better voltron commander, zurgo or ruhan?
>>
File: tawdry kitsch.jpg (3MB, 1920x2604px) Image search: [Google]
tawdry kitsch.jpg
3MB, 1920x2604px
>>50791114
>>
>>50796765
zurgo
>>
>>50796765
ruhan because he is american
>>
>>50797087
I kind of already knew from looking at both card that is probably better. But I like ruhan's art and flavor so much I just want to build him anyways.
>>
>>50797464
>>50797464
>>
File: 1481423669646.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1481423669646.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
>>50796024
Cause fuck you, that's why
>>
>>50797470
Oh that's the new thread by the way, migrate any time
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.