[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 43

File: 57247_200w.jpg (28KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
57247_200w.jpg
28KB, 200x285px
Cool Commanders Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info

Topic of discussion: What's the coolest Commander you run? Who's the coolest in your playgroup? What's the coolest you've ever seen?
>>
>>50768779
Kraj is pretty cool. Thinking about building him.
We're all pretty cool guys in our playgroup. We're chill and that's all that really counts.
Coolest would probably be the white legend that switches blockers. Can't be bothered to look him up. Alternatively pic related :^)
>>
File: 214.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
214.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
Am I the only one who runs Squee as general? I never even see it in the 99 even though I think he's great in decks that loot a lot
>>
>>50769001
He's in my competitive daretti deck and he's great there. I just feel like there aren't enough worthwhile loot effects to justify running him on his own.
>>
Depends on your definition of cool. I run Sydri Stompy for a different kind of artifact flavor.
>>
>>50769098
Yeah he's not super strong but he's one of the only reliable recursion tools that red has. The dream is to just Skullclamp him over and over.

He'll grind out long games really well but is obviously slow to start.
>>
What do you guys think about how Sheldon and the RC manage the format?

Honestly I think they do a great job, its a huge format with an unprecedented amount of usable cards. They take a lot of undo shit and it's not really fair.
>>
>>50769187
I think they ban too many cards. I also think the way the "spirit of EDH" is really fucking bad for the format. It has resulted in way too many people creating chaos/group hug decks and also too many people crying about certain types of things like MLD, stax, counters.

Some argue that you can just houserule whatever you want but if you go to a shop to play, you need a central banlist. You can't start every game by comparing personal banlists and altering your decks.

The RC matters but I think the current one needs to be replaced and Wizards should just take over. They need to unban some stuff then step back and leave it alone.
>>
>>50769187
I still think it's stupid I can't play Rofellos in my 99, but Metalworker is a-hokay.

But what do I know. I'm just some salty elf lover.
>>
>>50769291
MTGO is probably the reason for that. Banned as commander apparently couldn't function in it or they just didn't want to invest the time into making it work.
>>
File: cattitties.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
cattitties.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
I'm building a deck made out of some of the weirdest/most interesting blue cards printed. Pic related, Master of Predicaments, Jeskai Infiltrator, etc. Need more suggestions of interesting/fun/political cards to put in.
>>
>>50769291
Metalworker is also expensive
>>
File: Emrakul-the-Promised-End-MtG-Art.jpg (517KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Emrakul-the-Promised-End-MtG-Art.jpg
517KB, 1080x1350px
>>50768779
Emrakul is actually really cool. She either is an assassin commander, dealing 26 commander damage the turn you drop her, or she wins by assembling an engine that allows you to control the entire game, mindslavering 3-4 opponents at once.

Been building her since release and she is a breath of fresh air to the selection of colorless commanders.
>>
>>50769269
The issue with the RC is that they're bipolar: they ban stupid shit like Sylvan Primordial and Trade Secrets, but claim that they want a small banlist, so they don't ban shit like Obliterate. The have the clause "or cards like them" so technically, people shouldn't be playing fast mana/Decree of Annihilation/Necropotence/etc, but they not banned so they're fair game.

EDH is in a wierd sport right now. It's getting real popular (normies get out reeee) which isn't close to a bad thing, but when a format gets popular people come around and want to break it. Which is fine, I've built decks that exist to abuse the vintage-lite style and they're fun to play. However, these decks are not fun to play against which is why I only use mine in 1v1. However, the tryhard competitive players see this as just another competitive format, and go from there, and instead of self-quarantining, they play with anyone and everyone. This leads to a pretty bad experience for everyone, since the competitive players don't get the challenge they wanted, and the casuals get crushed. Eventually, the casuals "git gud", leading to a downwards spiral of an arms race where everyone ends up playing stax/combo

Honestly, the issue with EDH is more a philosophical one than anything.
>>
>>50770142
You cant abuse Obliterate like Sylvan Primordial tho'. But yeah the issue is really more philosophical than just "ban this unban that".
>>
>>50770156
Obliterate ruins the game/draws it out even more, both of which are way more egregious than a fatty that can kill a couple lands and ramp you into your next big thing.

If the issue is with how people play stuff like Sylvan on turn 3-4, I think that's more indicative of the state of fast mana than anything. If Sylvan on turn 5+ is an issue, then you need to reconsider how you build decks.
>>
>>50770142
Obliterate is fine
>>
>>50770200
>a fatty that can kill a couple lands and ramp you into your next big thing
You never saw a miserable game of "who can reanimate and clone Sylvan more?" have you, the damn triggers are mandatory and anyone who doesn't have a clone effect ready will just be blasted bit by bit out of the game. Obliterate just levels it out for everyone, maybe gives and edge to the caster if he had more than 10 mana to recast something he bounced.
>>
>>50770125
>giving emrakul haste and doublestrike in colorless

how?
>>
>>50770232
Cast using Hall of the Bandit Lord and equip a Fireshrieker or Grappling Hook
>>
>>50770232
>what are equipment
>>
>>50769416
>they just didn't want to invest the time into making it work
I don't think they could of they tried. It's a 20 year old client with a bunch of Frankenstein code under the hood, and WotC is notoriously terrible at anything digital so they just kinda patch it up with each new release
>>
>>50770074
Telim Performance is very hilarious against some decks.
>>
I want to build a black discard deck where im the only one who's not topdecking. What are my options?
>>
>>50770277
>Playing some unholy Yasova jank
>stolen, Greaves-equipped Krenko on my board is shitting out goblins
>First main phase, drop Telemin Performance
>Nail the Rhys player's Craterhoof
>gg no re

I got laser focused every game after that but man that was a fun time. I want to bring back a refined Yasova
>>
>>50770313
flip lili is pretty good. just play a lot of reanimation or things like waste not and geths grimoire
>>
>>50770232
Haste Enablers:
Hall of the Bandit Lord
Lightning Greaves
Swiftfoot Boots
Obsidian Battle-Axe (A tribal equipment to also feed delirium)

Kill shot enablers:
Eldrazi Conscription (A tribal AND the only colorless enchantment, puts her at 23)Fireshrieker
Grappling Hook
Hedron Matrix

On any of the titans these are really powerful, but with Emrakul you can easily end up with a 21+ power, flying, protection from instants, trampling Commander that kills one player, then lets you royally fuck up another player.

Emrakul is pretty solid really. You just need solid ramp and delirium feed. I normally cast her for 8-9 mana the first cast.
>>
>>50770313
Remember that black has access to a TON of draw, I don't think you need to worry about being in topdeck mode
>>
>>50770341
What's your opinion on cards like Unnerve?
>>
>>50769187
He's a bit inconsistent with the banlist criteria but most people don't want a mile-long banlist so I think he's doing alright. The format's problem is its playerbase, not the RC. Sheldon catches so much shit from people who have autistic metas and refuse to house rule because "I can't bring my Doomsday combo deck to multiple metas and still be able to tuck opponent's commanders."

Giving Wizards control of the format is by far the worst thing that could happen. It's already bad enough that they can insist on printing cards for the format that are so much better than the competition that they replace all the competition.
>>
>>50770344
>Having a colorless control deck suddenly go Voltron on your ass in a single turn.
>The cards that enable it are also perfectly designed to fuel the commander's delirium.

Damn, that sounds pretty awesome anon.
>>
>>50770362
quite bad. once shot discard is often not useful. here is a list i play often. it is about mid power level and wins on a decent basis. you can use it for reference. the real power in a discard deck is enchantments. cards like painful quandry are deal-with-or-lose threats. unnerve and tasigur's cruelty are cute, but not the consistent pressure a deck like this needs,
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/e-v-i-l-w-o-m-a-n/
>>
>>50770362
>>50770609
the deck has combos like words of waste + necropotence or bottomless pit/oppression + library of leng that are extremely disruptive, not to mention how quickly the game is over if i have a waste not out at any time. constant pressure is very important in a deck like this. mindslicer is an emergency valve. you'll get a feel for what the deck does when you go through the list.
>>
Last thread some one told me Dismiss into Dream was secret tech for Derevi. Why? I feel like its a bad card and that person is trying to trick me into wiping my own board.
>>
>For the past year I've been building what I thought were Timmy decks
>last night I realized that I'm some sort of meta Johnny fucked that likes to combo into big spells earlier than I should with elaborate magical Christmas land setups
Talk about an existential crisis. How on earth do my fellow combo fucks enable their degeneracy? Honestly, I just get beat on for 4 or so turns until I slowly start building my game winning board. Propaganda like effects seem good but niche, in so much as it doesn't stop anything.
>>
>>50770824
I'm sorry. I misread that card. Holy shit that is secret tech. I did not see it was opponents.
>>
>>50770074
Those are all morph/bluffing/head games cards, so I guess you'd also want Liar's Pendulum, Ixidor, and Ixidron, maybe blue's "manifest" cards like Cloudform, Reality Shift, and Write Into Being. Perplexing Chimera is pretty funny in multiplayer.
>>
What are some good cards in grixis to get rid of enchantments? Other than chaos warp everything seems to be 7+ mana or take multiple turns. I keep getting fucked by RiP and leyline.
>>
>>50771013
Your best option is probably to counter it or to bounce it and counter it when they play it again
>>
>>50771013
There aren't any. Black and Red have very few ways to deal with enchantments by design, and blue is basically "Bounce it and counter it on the way back down". There's options, but as you said they pretty much all cost 7 mana (All is Dust, Scour From Existence, Karn, Spine) or are Chaos Warp.
>>
File: Quicksmith-Spy[1].jpg (46KB, 261x365px) Image search: [Google]
Quicksmith-Spy[1].jpg
46KB, 261x365px
How would you abuse it?
>>
>>50771061
>>50771121
Ugh, probably just going to play Planeswalker bolas then
>>
>>50771200
start by tearing off the goggles and ripping up those trousers...
>>
>>50771200

If I'm playing with friends, I'd go lite with Voltaic Key.
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50771200
>>
>>50771200
Howling mine for free card draw just for you.
I guess it could work with other "as long as [artifact] is untapped"
>>
>>50771256
So... tap an artifact to draw, then pay 1 to untap it, and draw again? Having three cards out to draw 2 cards a turn isn't exactly 'abuse'.
>>
>>50771200
howlint mine, winter orb, pili pala
>>
>>50771350
good politics with that
>>
>>50771200
Staff of Domination and Kydele say hello
>>
>>50770095
Because it gets played? :^)
>>
>>50771355

Holy shit lmao, misread something there.

That's what I get for not playing magic in months.
>>
>>50771200
Right into my Teferi Stax Lite deck it goes
>>
One of my friends has a bunch of bullshit decks that go infinite by turn 4 or 5, and one deck that's kinda solid that's built out of junk he's gotten from drafts. We're really looking for a new "low level" commander for him; one that doesn't go infinite but at the same time is good enough to be played for more than just its colors.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>50771200
Pila-Pala
>>
File: Tezzeret-Planeswalker.png (284KB, 391x534px) Image search: [Google]
Tezzeret-Planeswalker.png
284KB, 391x534px
Would you play this tezzeret with any particular UBx commander?

>+1 create a colorless artifact token named Etherium stone which has: Tap Symbol:sacrifice this and add one mana of any color into your mana pool.

>-2 target creature get +x/-x until end of turn which x is the number of artifacts you control.

>-7 you get an emblem with “At the beginning of your combat phase, target artifact you control becomes a 5/5 artifact creature.”
>>
>>50771637
Master of Metal is way better for EDH
>>
>>50771578
I mean, you could just suggest "Hey, can you build a deck inbetween draft chaff and consistently wins on turn 4" and let him build something HE wants in that range.
>>
>>50771637
wow this is very underwhelming.
>>
>>50771637
I'd put it in a mimeoplasm deck with gravepact, all the blue artifact tutors I can find, and tayamio's journal. Mazirek and those kaladesh "deals damage equal to the number of artifacts you control" guys would be very strong together. That mana fixing is spicy as Fuck even for a regular dimir deck.
>>
>>50771637
The intropack tez seems better. A shame because this one has the better art.
>>
>>50771813
I like the intro pack Tezz because it's more "in line" with what the Planeswalker deck versions SHOULD be; they said that they were going to be expensive and splashy to keep them from being 'must play' cards in Standard, but the first two we got were just overcosted shitty trash. I much prefer "expensive but neat" like Master of Metal.
>>
File: Image (1).png (148KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).png
148KB, 223x311px
This fucker has to be the most broken commander I've ever brewed with. I tried him in a storm deck and he just always kills on connect even with only one cascade trigger
>>
>>50771899
>killing on one cascade only
What how, that must be the most christmasland combo ever
>>
>>50771958
>cascade into draws into tutors into ad nauseam into doomsday

you dont even need to cascade to play storm with those colors, its just much easier with cascade and near 100% consistant
>>
>>50771958
naw man, it's easy. You just need to play a ton of cards that cascade for much higher than what you cast them for or that net mana

>evoke
>delve
>palinchron and friends
>cards that already have cascade
>the usual storm suspects

cascade into extra combat steps and wheels to keep fueling the fire. Generally it wins with an extra turn or combat with a shitton of goblins/beast made hasty by maelstrom wanderer.

Hitting Mind's Desire is also a complete massacre
>>
>>50770844
Meh, it still costs 7 in the best 3 color combo with the most busted general that has tons of other options. It's certainly fun in Teferi though.
>>
>>50772071
Oh yeah, and on top of that, you rarely have a "bottleneck" card that fizzles your turn if they counter it. Even if you do not get to lethal storm, most cards already net value and you end up with a gigantic board state
>>
>>50772027
>>50772071
I though he meant something like one card cascading and blam, win. I can understand how through various cards with cascade you at least break everybody else's boards.

>>50772071
>a shitton of goblins/beast made hasty by maelstrom wanderer
Token producers? I'm playing spellslingers with Yidris and I'm worried the lack of bodies might backfire against wide decks, I should probably get some in the 99.
>>
>>50771578
Is it the combo itself or just the speed that you hate? Because there's plenty of good reanimator decks that go infinite occasionally but other than that are just good grindy decks. Kerador and Mimeoplasm come to mind.

Otherwise, some type of control deck, I've had good fun with Sydri (though combo kills are once again prevalent), and Garza Vol.
>>
>>50771578
rafiq voltron
>>
>>50771899
He's one of, if not the best storm commanders. The colors are great, and cascade is busto, especially when you cast brainstorm, cascade into Ancestral Visions. I have a list online that costs space money in the real, but kills turn 4 easy, with turn 3 being possible
>>
>>50772132
Empty the Warrens and Hunting Pack

>>50772207
I'm seriously having trouble making a list that is on the powerlevel of my playergroup whilst still doing what I want to do with it. Perhaps I should switch more to the value plan and making it more voltron-ish
>>
>>50772240
What does your playgroup top out at, power wise? Because there's a possibility he's just too good no matter what, much like Maelstrom Wanderer.

That said, just playing expensivesorceries.Dec is something to consider, and is pretty interactive, especially since a good number of Cascades will just hit more ramp.
>>
Quick,

post the card that you use in every deck even though it might not be the best.
>>
>>50772308
the best deck in our group is probably Brago without any infinite combos in it, but I already think that deck is pretty oppressive compared to our other decks. I've disassembled Karador myself because people couldn't handle recurring fleshbag marauders
>>
>>50772343
Mindslaver, always
>>
>>50772343
Preordain & Dig Through Time

They are the best.

Pet cards, idk, nothing in every deck. I'm too much a tryhard.
>>
>>50772343
Mizzium Mortars
>>
>>50772351
Go down in powerlevel. Don't let the arms race ruin your group.
>>
File: Phyrexian Plaguelord.jpg (35KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Phyrexian Plaguelord.jpg
35KB, 300x300px
>>50772343
My favorite Sac Engine
>>
>>50772413
Honestly I've just fallen in love with Mind's Desire and want to play that in a deck for value instead of it reading "you win the game" but it has been deemed impossible so far

maybe a low-tier storm commander like Jori En could work
>>
>>50770095
He's like 15 bucks, that's not that bad.
>>
>>50769187
I think you mean "undue shit"
>>
>>50772343
Warping Wail, it just always seems to be useful, and no one sees a counter out of Mono red coming.
>>
>>50769187
Not perfect, but not as bad as they catch hell for. My biggest frustration is that they write shit off as "You can always houserule it!" without seeming to take responsibility for the fact that even if there isn't an 'official' banlist or rules set, everyone uses theirs as if it were official. They take their 'role' too lightly, and use their Armada Games environment as a microcosm of every other EDH meta/group, which can lead to shit going fucky. "This card is fine because none of US abuse it!" bullshit.
>>
>>50770362
The only target player discard you should be running should be full hand discard. Shit like monomania and mind twist.
>>
>>50772546
Fucking christ, thank you.

There's a guy in our group who has to put like 10 different one-for-one discard spells in every fucking black deck he builds, even though we pretty much exclusively play multiplayer.
>>
>>50772546
OR things that otherwise synergize with your deck.

For example, Raven's Crime is fine in a Gitrog deck, because it's primarily there as a way to get lands into the graveyard rather than primarily as a discard engine.
>>
>>50772343
Ashnods, sword of the animist and nim deathmantle go in all decks.

Black gets Archfiend of depravity and all the black draw cards.

Green gets Asceticism.

White gets declaration in stone and battle mastery.

Blue gets sage owl and aqueous form.

I suck at red, but deflecting palm goes in basically everything.
>>
>>50772590
Ravens crime is mass discard.
>>
>>50772654
If you have like 7 black mana and a grip full of lands, I guess
>>
>>50772343
>>50772343
Green will always have Acidic Slime, Blue will always have Ponder, White will l ways have Knight of the White Orchid, Black will always have Fleshbag Mauarder, and Red will always have Vandalblast.
>>
>>50772646
Those are some really fucking weird auto-includes.
>>
Alright /tg/. I have an odd decision to make soon. Do I finish foiling out my Merieke,
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mrs-steal-yo-girl-2/ mostly with some of the foils and a better land base. Or I could make Nekuzar http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/who-wants-card-draw/ . Merieke would br 250 and Nekuzar would be 210, assuming I can't get any trades

>>50772424
Same though
>>
>>50772413
I've never had a problem with arms races ruining groups, of the past three groups I've consistently played in one dissolved because we all had to go back to Uni, one dissolved because the store got shut down, and my most recent one is going strong.

Granted my current group is all legacyfags, so we don't shy away from powerful decks. Is my group really that unicorn-y or is the arms race just a meme?
>>
>>50772720
Oh I know, my life is pain. I have standard draw lists for red, blue and black, but that's a whole different kind of autism.

>how can I cut sage owl? I get a flier and I get to look at 5 cards for 1B
>pfft aqueous form is only one mana, I'm sure I can cut something else.
>well, I know arch fiend of depravity is 5 mana and I'll never use him properly, bit what if this magical combo that will never happen?
>Declaration in stone? More like declaration of fuck tokens.
>Hexproof and regenerate, how can I lose?
>>
>>50772888
To be fair, Asceticism and Dec in Stone are great cards for the right meta. Whether or not your meta is the right one is the question.
>>
Does anyone have a good Yidris list for straight up value? I'm trying to build a deck but having a little trouble just getting past the "big creatures and big spells into more big creatures and spells" stage.
>>
>>50772731
Would you rather have more decks or a fancier one? I'd chose more, but ymmv.

>>50772766
If everyone is onboard for powerful cards, go nuts. The arms race is mainly bad for newer players, who feel that they need to ramp up power to be able to compete (which is true).
>>
>>50772071
Besides mind's desire, empty the warrens and hunting pack, are there any other good storm cards to run?
>>
>>50772974
Tendrils of Agony, Brain Freeze, Grapeshot, Ignite Memories
>>
>>50773001
Grapeshot, really? Wouldn't that only be good if you ran only extremely cheap spells? Even with a storm count of 10 it doesn't seem that good.
>>
>>50772888
Sage owl costs 1U, not 1B, and it doesn't look at 5 cards, it looks at 4.

And yeah, you have really weird "auto-includes" that might not mesh with a lot of strategies, or are actively mediocre cards. Plus if you go too hard on "auto includes" your decks all start to feel the same.
>>
>>50772472
More like $25-30 on average
>>
Can someone explain Sidisi, Undead Vizier to me? It's just a 5 drop tutor right? Isn't that just as bad as Diabolic Tutor?
>>
>>50772720
Nim Deathmantle is extremely slept on
>>
File: Image-1.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image-1.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
This and tainted strike are my only auto includes. Tainted strike because fuck you, river of tears because it's actually a surprisingly good land that's fun to play with. And annoying my playgroup by saying "cry me a river" every time they complain about something is great.
>>
>>50773089
It's a creature, so it can be abused with reanimation and recursion effects, like Phyrexian Reclamation.
>>
>>50773074
>When Non-Europeans don't have access to MCM

It sucks that you guys don't have a website like it.
>>
Posting my Shu Yun build for any advice you guys have.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shu-yun-the-double-strike-flying-monk/
>>
>>50772974
I run:
Mind's Desire
Empty the Warrens
Hunting Pack
Ignite Memories
Tendrils of Agony
Temporal Fissure

Grapeshot I could see work as storm 20 is pretty easy. Brainfreeze isn't really worth it in EDH IMO. Temporal Fissure is vastly underrated as "bounce 20 permanents" tends to just end the game
>>
File: chad.png (1MB, 1403x1440px) Image search: [Google]
chad.png
1MB, 1403x1440px
>playing shitty izzet wheels headed by jori en against yidris, atraxa, and OG teysa
>yidris player plays notion thief and is using it to wheel everyone and get the draw advantage for him alone
>end up top decking windfall
>yidris player has 30 cards in hand
>cast and for good measure use meletis charlatan ability to copy it
>yidris player with notion thief out has to draw 240 something cards
>flips his shit and claims he was getting ganged up on all game and he's had it playing with us
>mfw it only the first time he played with us
>>
>>50773153

What makes that website so good? I've never had a problem with tcg player

Are you implying that magic card market has cards like metalworker going for half the price that they go for in America? I find that hard to believe, seems more likely that somebody misremembered the price

Also what's stopping Americans from using magiccardmarket.eu ??
>>
>>50773203
>top tier commander using wheels and notion thief complains about being ganged up on

what a wimp
>>
>>50773184
I want to run big splashy shit too though, so I wouldn't get to 10 most of the time. But I'm running mana reflection and zendikar resurgent, so who knows.
>>
>>50773203

I just can't believe these stories, they make no sense

How can you complain about losing to your own notion thief? Nobody is that retarded. I'm 99% certain you made this story up

Or maybe it was mostly true but you're exaggerating the negativity of his attitude
>>
So I'm building Roon of the Hidden Realm and I'm a bit lost. Like, the deck is really neat and can do a lot of really silly fun stuff, but there's no way for it to actually WIN. Like,the way it's built right now I could just throw in a Laboratory Maniac and call it a day, but that seems boring and I already have decks that do that. Anybody have any other silly Roon wincons? I thought of running Altar of the Brood and just mill everybody with ETB triggers, but too many people run Eldrazi titans for that to work.
>>
>>50772944
I already have several decks, but am taking apart a few of the bad ones. Should be able to trade some staples and stuff for either Merieke foils or Nekuzar parts
>>
>>50773225
Yeah, the prices are much better than in the US, and MCM doesn't ship to the US.

It's because sellers are random people, so pricing is much more competitive than with normal websites, partly because people can be impatient and sell for low prices to just get rid of their cards.

The evaluation system is also really aggresive like Ebay, so you won't get fucked by people sending bad shit.

Just look around at the prices, mana crypt is like 30 bucks for example.
>>
>Build casual Gisa and Geralf zombie tribal because people are sick of me comboing off
>Use Sidisi to tutor up Rooftop Storm
>Dump all the zombies
>Havengul Lich
>Suddenly realize Sidisi + Rooftop Storm + Lich equates to a 1 mana tutor
>Vomit all the zombies
>Gray Merchant for the win
>I can't not win by combo
>>
>>50773245
this is my "the ride never ends" edition of the deck where connecting once wins the game on the spot 9 out of 10 times

http://tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/19-12-16-hIP-none/

The real power of the deck comes from the fact that a large part of your storm count is cast from your deck, so even if you fizzle you end up with a giant boardstate and enough resources to just retry next turn. The biggest bottleneck ends to be either blue mana or getting lemons on a wheel
>>
>>50773262
I assure you this is not made up, the guy was a friend of friend in our group and invited him to play with us once. What none of us knew though was the guy just proxied every single card that he could I don't have a major problem with proxies but when you proxy stuff from old ass sets and 90% is pure proxy we have a problem and he was arrogant always shittalking any deck in any format, I think yidris was the only deck where he actually owned the cards since it was unsleeved
>>
>>50773329

Damn yeah I'm looking at prices and they seem way better

I wonder if eBay is like this?
>>
>>50773326
>>50773326
Throw that empty bottle away.
>>
>>50773386
Nah, I'll keep being a gross college student
>>
>>50773379
If you're buying Ebay can be decent I bet, since they favor the buyer so much. If the seller is stupid enough to not purchase tracking on their shipment you can just say you never got it and get your money back. It's an asshole move though.
>>
>>50773352

Now I'm def sure you're making it up
>>
>>50773457
Are you this naive to believe people can total scumbags or are you just that fucking stupid?
>>
>>50772974
>>50773001
>>50773184
>no mention of Volcanic Awakening
Shame on y'all
>>
>>50771637
I really can't believe he is A) not esper and B) so underwhelming.

4/10 will be happy to trade him away if I crack him.
>>
>>50773596
I once used it to nuke all the lands 2 player had, so they asked me to stop playing it.
>>
>>50771899
Wait seriously? He didn't seem that way when I played him out of the box
>>
>>50773596
Speaking of storm in Yidris, I got a question: How does storm counts interact with cascade? Say I got Grapeshot in hand and storm count=7. I cast Grapeshot, cascade into whatever. Whatever resolves, does the Grapeshot see the update in the storm count to 8?
>>
>>50773808
702.39a. Storm is a triggered ability that functions on the stack. "Storm" means "When you cast this spell, put a copy of it onto the stack for each other spell that was cast before it this turn. If the spell has any targets, you may choose new targets for any of the copies."
>>
>>50773808
Cascade and storm both trigger on "when you cast". Since you control both of the abilities, you get to choose which one resolves first, so obviously you want the cascade to resolve first, since it adds to storm count.
>>
>>50773808
A storm spell with cascade only causes 1 cascade trigger due to the storm copies never being cast.
>>
>>50773870
>>50773858
Right, so I can make it so when storm goes off it sees the cascaded spell.

>>50773871
Yeah I knew that one, I was talking about the spell you would cascade into from Grapeshot, given Yidris had connected that turn.
>>
File: 21axocn.jpg (46KB, 1314x739px) Image search: [Google]
21axocn.jpg
46KB, 1314x739px
>Playgroup is incredibly dependent on creatures
>Make Korlash deck with 30 Board Wipes
>mfw
>>
>>50773572

People who are that big of scumbags don't have friends they play magic with

Also I'm not even sure it qualifies as "scumbag" behavior, scumbags are unapologetic assholes. This guy is confused as to why people are "ganging up on him". He's basically a caricature of /tg/ memes, I simply do not believe he exists. He's basically a talking point, "don't behave like this guy, fellow mtg players"
>>
>>50773884
...no. No matter what you do, the Storm trigger is asking how many spells were cast before THE THING THAT TRIGGERED IT, not 'before this trigger resolves'.
>>
>>50773894
I want to do this with Ob Nix the Fallen, just full of kill spells and Landfall triggers and fuck people up, maybe with Korlash as a backup
>>
File: 1481497744638.jpg (38KB, 720x558px) Image search: [Google]
1481497744638.jpg
38KB, 720x558px
>>50773903
So its both then, you're stupid and naive. Thanks for proving it
>>
>>50773905
Cascade does jack shit to the storm trigger then. Ok, I think I got it.

IN OTHER NEWS in the absence of Chromatic Lantern should I run as much rainbow 3+ CMC manarocks as possible in Yidris or just pray that Cultivate and friends are enoguh?
>>
>>50774065
Depends on your meta. I know that I favor land-ramp over rock-ramp because of how often a stray Vandalblast intended to stop the Esper Artifacts player blows out half my manabase, but in other areas people will prefer rock-ramp because Armageddons are absolutely a thing.
>>
>>50774189

I've been thinking of what deck to make next. You have decided for me that it will include both vandalblast and armageddon.
>>
>>50771200
This makes me want to make an Artificer tribal deck, with a few "It's Alive hahaha!" bombs, and a bunch of fiddly trinkets.

Thanks for the inspiration.
>>
>>50774189
And in the case there's a GAAIV that blows everything up what do I do? The rest of the players care about artifact mass removal from what I know, I'll probably go with more Cultivate+friends
>>
File: Lost!_001_Arthur_Crying.png (510KB, 627x479px) Image search: [Google]
Lost!_001_Arthur_Crying.png
510KB, 627x479px
>want to build Saskia hatebears
>friend already has Saskia precon, ask the group
>They start getting all weird about having multiple instances of the same commander in the group

Damn. Guess Alesha is in order.
>>
>>50774360
Why Alesha? I feel like most of your hatebears are strongly in GW, so why not dip into GWB or GWR instead?
>>
>>50773980

Nah I'm pretty sure you're just lying
>>
>>50774360
If you're going to run hatebears, do yourself a huge favor and make sure you at least have a commander with Green in it. Some of the best bears are GW. While Alesha is a fun deck, you're just going to cripple yourself.
>>
>>50774402
I'm actually not sure what hatebears he'd even have in RB.
>>
>>50774419
Maybe anon is planning to use RB for removal? In either case just having W hatebears (are there even WR bears?) is liking running a marathon with a severed tendon. Painful, and ultimately pointless.
>>
>>50774360
You know what you must do.
Build a full on clone + steal deck

Just take saskia every Game you play against her, until that player gets so annoyed they stop playing it. Then you build it.

Alternatively, go the"if I can't have her, nobody can! "Route, U/W control running declaration of naught, nevermore, darksteel mutation, imprisoned in the moon, etc.

Or just build what you want anyways?
Fuck what they think
>>
>>50774419

Some multicolor ones with red and black could be cool

Vexing shusher, tidehollow sculler, anafenza, etc
>>
>>50774419
>>50774402
I just really like red

Maybe I'll build Teeg, I've only ever built with white like once and it was a really crappy Ghave deck
>>
>>50773905
This is completely untrue. It asks for the amount of spells that have beeb cast before the trigger resolves, since it can't count the amount before it's resolved.

This is the reason why, if you have 3 instants and an aetherflux reservoir, and if you play them all in response to the aetherflux heal triggers, you gain 9 life instead of 6.
>>
>>50774570
If you like red, build a WRG Hatebears deck. You get all the good GW hatebears, plus the red stuff you want, plus a Sunforger package. And who doesn't like Sungorger?
>>
>>50774651
That's because as each Reservoir trigger asks "how many spells have you cast" as it resolves.

Storm specifically fucking says "how many spells were cast BEFORE THIS ONE"
>>
File: 1480268058528.jpg (148KB, 736x853px) Image search: [Google]
1480268058528.jpg
148KB, 736x853px
>>50774360
Or you can get 2 partners that make the colors GWRB and throw in saskia as part of the 98 along with the hate bears.
>>
>>50774679
Not a bad idea. I also fucking love cheating things into play (Godo and Zirilan were my first two decks) and Alesha is pretty good at that. I might take Ghave apart and move some things around
>>
>>50774360
Just build it anyway that's what I usually do with my group. I'll just avoid playing the same commander as somebody whenever possible
>>
r8 my Nekusar deck, /edh/. Trying to fine tune it a little bit before I order it soon. Any suggestions for stuff I should put in?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wheelin-and-dealin-with-ya-boi-nekusar/
>>
>>50775710
Memory Jar?
>>
>>50775732
Thank you, I knew I was forgetting something.
>>
>>50775787
ironic
>>
File: Starke of Rath_TE.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Starke of Rath_TE.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
>>50768779
>Cool commander edition

He's so cool, he let's everyone give him a try
>>
File: 1462150651166.jpg (79KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1462150651166.jpg
79KB, 500x500px
>>50775885
Until the person who gets him just uses his ability to destroy himself.
>>
>>50775922
That's starkes decision my man.

Also, is nin and starke the only two commanders that can suicide like that?
>>
File: Image (7).jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (7).jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>50775710
Also building a Nekuzar deck. It seems that a better version of Curiosity would be Helm of the Ghastlord

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/who-wants-card-draw/
>>
>>50775820
that was the joke
>>
>>50775940

Bosh can kamikaze fling himself for 8 damage
>>
>>50775940
God no. Diaochan, Jaya Ballard, Jeska, Jwari, Kalitas 1.0, Kamahl 1.0, Kiku, Latulla, Merieke (sorta), Razia (sorta), Reveka, Skeleton Ship (eventually), Tahngarth, and Visara.
>>
>>50775944

Helm of the ghastlord is a total blowout with Nekusar + wheels, BUT, it's not that easy to achieve that 3 piece combo, so I see a lot of people skip the helm of the ghastlord, curiosity is a little easier to pull off for being 1 mana, but I see people leave it out too

Personally I agree with you that helm is more worth running, because there's basically no coming back from helm-Nekusar-wheel
>>
File: 455612-120207-frozen-car.jpg (59KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
455612-120207-frozen-car.jpg
59KB, 650x366px
>>50774360
Just do what I do:
>Listen to your group's discussion about the decks they want to make.
>Either make the decks first and demonstrate how supremely cocksucking it's going to be to play against those decks, but in a controlled environment.
>Or make something surprising in an attempt to get them to rethink their strategy.

For example, I have a friend who is a giant spike deep in his core, but likes to pretend like he isn't. He built a shitty mizzix deck from the precon, and after my big stompy decks whooped him, he started talking about how he was going to make a disgusting Jhoria eldrazi this and filthy Mizzix storm that. Instead of bitching about it later, I went and built a Jori-En cantrip artifact ramp deck with a splash of MLD, just to give him a taste of what it's like. It didn't take long for him to realize how shitty his deck was going to be to play against, and how he could very easily build something different/more effective. Later, he showed up with a sweet ass Ruhan voltron deck, and everyone had much more fun.
>>
>>50775944
"Better" is debatable. It gives more impact since it'll give you double-draw out of your wheels, while also stripping the cards clean out of everyone else's hands, but it also costs 4 times as much. Curiosity only costs 1.
>>
File: prosh.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
prosh.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
F A I R
A N D
B A L A N C E D
>>
>>50776306
Just because he combos with Food Chain doesn't mean he's unfair.

I'll give you 'unbalanced' all day, but Prossh is a Pubstomp deck. It gets trashed by actual hardcore shit.
>>
>>50776338
Are you retarded? Prossh is tier 1
>>
>>50776416
Prossh is pubstomp. Tier 1 are the decks that can win on turn 3 or 4 through disruption. Unless you get a bonkers hand, Prossh wins on turn 6ish and does not do so through disruption.
>>
>>50775885
All I can see when looking at this card is Nicholas Cage.
>>
>>50776442
Whilst not as good as Zur and Jeleva, Prossh is certainly t1. T3 wins are not as rare as you make out, and it's pretty resilient.
>>
>>50776498
A T3 win involving a 4 mana 2CC enchantment and a 6 mana 3CCC creature is nowhere near consistent.

Zur and Jeleva are also pubstomp.
>>
File: Image (7).jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (7).jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>50776460
>>
>>50776523
Oh, I see you're just one of the idiots/trolls in these threads who talks about tiers without a clue. Carry on.
>>
>>50776594
No, I'm the 'idiot' who understands that T2 Prossh into T3 Food Chain is "Magic Fucking Christmasland", not "consistent".
>>
>>50776442
Ahahaha, have you not fucking SEEN a tuned Prossh deck, my dude? He's tier 1.
>>
>>50776616
He's Tier 2. Tier 1 is "can win on turn 3 or 4, consistently, through disruption".

Prossh can SOMETIMES win on turn 3 (more often on 4, but still not reliably), but he sure as fuck can't do that through disruption. Prossh is a very strong deck, and will ass-blast the majority of decks you'd sit down with, but gets summarily wrecked by truly tuned hypercompetitive bullshit like Doomsday Combo, because those decks -can- consistently win on turn 3 through disruption.
>>
>>50776616
Mah homie, you crack'a'lackin' with that hibbity hop jive suckah bull-ish. That jund drag-a-raga-ding-dong is only a super fly commander for only the wack-est turkeys. Ya, on the flippity-flop he might seem like a slick cat, but that bad mutha ain't got no gas in the tank, and can't spare five bucks after a few bumps in the windy rail-road. If you're light on cheddah, he's a righteous force of badass and class, but for the financially endowed, he's like finding a parking space in the shopping mall of life. Sure, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but more often then not, you back that bitch in just fine and ride it raw.

Translation from ebonics: Prosh is a very good pubstomping commander. People who play modern pick him for his combo reputation and jund-goodstuff, but he can't really handle strong decks with good pilots.
>>
>>50773153
>tfw the rest of my group orders from TCGplayer
>despite living in Europe
>only because the most senior guy uses it and doesn't want to change for some reason
>>
>>50776633
Who is T1 then?
>>
>>50776993
Less 'specific commanders', more 'specific strategies'. Ooze Combo, Doomsday, hyper-tuned Storm.
>>
>>50777010
So Zur and Jeleva then, gotcha.
>>
>>50776016
>>50776271
I mean, I don't expect to have the helm on him for long. But in that time everyone's hand size is limited even if I don't get a wheel off. How I think Nekuzar should go is to oppress everyone and stall while using Nekuzar and other slip damage as a clock. That's why I was also running damage increasing effects, because they will have an ever shortening clock to stare down as they can't do anything

Tempted to put some top deck control for maximum oppression, but I want to I see how it runs first. Still need to build it
>>
>>50776993
Generally, anything with a labman combo as the primary wincon, or doomsday.

That being said, Zur, Narset, Jeleva, Mimeoplasm, and various expensive artifact combo decks are the most obvious offenders.
>>
Trying out a new build, for me at least.
Wanted a 80% Karador list and really wanted to try out the Gitrog engine. Did I miss anything major? And is Skirge Familiar needed in a list like this?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-12-16-karador-dredge/
>>
>>50777077
>forgetting Tazri and Leovold
Shitter
>>
>>50774400
I'm pretty sure you're dumb
>>
>>50772343
Senseis divining top. :^)
>>
>>50777137
>Tazri
Same reason Scion hermit druid isn't on there. Also, in real life, I've never seen a Tazri deck.

>Leovold
>T1
Oh, he's good, very good, but his deck isn't t1. I'd put him in the same vein as like darietti stax or brago stax; overwhelming commanders with good decks that rely on them entirely too much.
>>
>>50773225
Metalworker is probably 20€ on mcm, honestly I like mcm because of the filter system and the "reasonable" prices compared to ebay. The only thing that sucks is the shipping cost and the fact that if you want to pay with paypal you have to pay 5% of your total purchase more.
>>
>>50777241
Doomsday Leovold control is easily one of the best decks in the format.
>access to U/B
>counter backup
>any wheel effect essentially neuters everyone but you
>get to run the traditional Doomsday suite
>>
>>50777274
But how do you get doomsday before t5 in leovold without magical christmasland tutors off nut draws?
>>
>>50777287
The same way jevela does by stacking your deck like the faggot you are
>>
>>50777287
You don't NEED to, that's the point. That's what makes him so fucking strong. He neuters other players so you can take your sweet time assembling a wincon.

Do you think the best vintage decks win consistently on turn 5? No. The best vintage decks WIN CONSISTENTLY.
>>
>>50777343
You're completely missing the point.

>leovold costs UBG, ergo in order to cast him, you need the specific devotion that you can't really cheat out t1 or 2 while also casting him
>then, to play doomsday, you need BBB, which means you can't doomsday the same turn as you leovold, which pushes it back to t4 at the christmaslandiest
>and this is assuming you hit the draws you need, and didn't need to spend mana to tutor up doomsday, or necropotence, or whatever
>then somehow there are also wheels involved in the middle of all this
Like I said, a very good commander, not quite as good as the notorious format defining combo decks.

>>50777423
>Let me play the song of my people.
You need to win BEFORE turn 5, consistently, to be a t1 deck. Without Leovold, the deck is considerably worse, and realistically, you aren't casting leovold until t3, and if you do, any disruption whatsoever completely fucks you. Not only that, the ways to snag doomsday have nothing to do with drawing cards. Sure, a well timed wheel will fuck up a stalling t1 deck and lock them out, but that's assuming far too many variables to really be "consistent", particularly when there are decks that will kill you through disruption in the same time frame.

Like I said, comfortably Brago/Darietti stax tier.
>>
are there any commanders that fuck around with exile or your own library?
>>
>>50777543
do you mean exile on your own library?
>>
>>50774689
I stand corrected. Whoopsiedaisie.
>>
>>50777568
basically anything that involves moving cards around or taking stuff out, or does anything with what you exile. kind of like azami with the card draw
>>
File: just kill me now.png (607KB, 417x561px) Image search: [Google]
just kill me now.png
607KB, 417x561px
>>50777688
Anon, this is the most vague question you could possibly ask. Out of apathy, I recommend Jori-En, followed by Arcanis, followed by Xira Arien.
>>
>>50776932
Burn their wallets in front of them and tell them they would have done it themselves anyway, so you just saved them the trouble.
>>
>>50777543
>>50777688
I remember someone brewing up Jeleva Processors, but that was a while ago. Seems like a solid concept though. Jeleva feeds processors like a cbamp.
>>
>>50777241
The fact you haven't yet mentioned how cEDH is a trifecta of combo, stax and midrange decks balancing each other, and that you think Narset is still T1 post mulligan change just makes me think you don't know what you're talking about.

Also you have no idea what foodchain Tazri is like if you equate it to hermit druid.

But I'm going to stop now as we don't need another thread shit up with a drawn out argument.
>>
>>50777777
That actually sounds pretty interesting. Processors and that one sphinx that brings itself from exile are probably the only things that interact with exiled cards.
>>
>>50777777
Cetuple 7s! Holy shit
>>
File: skeptical-woman.jpg (426KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
skeptical-woman.jpg
426KB, 1440x900px
>>50777807
>two competitive combo decks that rely extremely heavily on one particular card
>nothing a like
To be fair, he's not wrong, and not every meta is going to have a foodchain tazri due to the expensive lands you need for reliable 5c manafixing, but you're right in the sense that it's a step up from prosh. If he never saw it, how would he know what's going to happen outside of random primers?
>>
>>50777905
Also epocrasite.
>>
>>50777959
Wait, there's only six.
>>
What are some good monocolored voltron commanders? I was thinking about Sigarda but I'm kinda burned out from making multicolored stuff.
>>
Does anyone have spicy secret tech for simic tokens?
>>
>>50778165
Emrakul's Evangel, particularly if you make small tokens.
>>
>>50778134
Volrath is pretty based

I've had some fun loading Eight and a Half Tails up and making it unblockable

Tromokratis is funny, since if you can tap down one creature he's unblockable
>>
File: 1475375783157.jpg (77KB, 800x570px) Image search: [Google]
1475375783157.jpg
77KB, 800x570px
>Get Meren precon as a gift
>figure out should get some of the cards I never got to use in other non-commander decks in it
>Gather them all
>32 cards+lands
This is going to be hell to cut it all
>>
>>50778248
Not really? You can still add 30-32 cards.
>>
>>50778272
I mean new 32 cards, not counting a single card in the precon, so 32 cuts
>>
What's better for zombie tribal, Dimir or Grixis?
Who is the best commander?
>>
>>50778293
You're thinking about it the wrong way. Either:

>Pick a core of cards you want to build around on a nice curve, and then add things to fit the flavour and theme.
or
>Cut the things you don't like in the precon and replace them with whatever you want.

Either way, starting with 80+ cards isn't that hard to make cuts. Try 400 fucking 4c decks.
>>
>>50778201
Oh I've got Eight and a Half Tails, monowhite could be fun. Thanks for the advice. Plus I get to run tons of wipes.
>>
>>50777777
>blue and black for graveyard interaction
>wizard synergy

doesn't look bad. my idea is to burn through my whole deck quickly and acquire cards by alternative means. i like that she's in oona's colors for milling
>>
File: 245.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
245.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
Gentlemen.
How would you craft a deck with the The Gitrog Monster as your commander?

I assume it would be like a golgari drudge deck but I'm trying to work out how to make it viable.
>>
>>50778575
Just look EDHrec and just pick the same things everyone else uses. Gitrog is one of the most uninspired decks of the past years.
>>
>>50778599
oh really....that's a pity.

Got anything out there and interesting then?
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/azami-lady-of-idfk-what-im-doing/
Good evening lads, I need help cutting a few cards from my azami list, recommendations for changes are all welcome.
>>
>>50778626
not particularily. gitrog is incredibly popular so a lot of people built him. as a result, the best deck is basically "solved". edhrec has all the goodies you need
>>
>>50778702
Again that's a shame, I thought he was underrepresented the way my play group was talking about how he wasn't that good.

I've been out of the loop since Modern masters 2 any interesting commanders that have been released that do weird and interesting things?
>>
>>50778626
Oh I sure do, depending on your collection. Here's a list of various things I've wanted to build/have recently built to varying success:
>Ruhan Equipment Voltron
>Tajic MLD, Artifact Ramp and Indestructible Nonsense
>Creatureless Mimeoplasm
>Mazirek Grave Pact Sac-Combo
>Lazav Wheels, Deals and Stealing Things
>Volrath Reanimator
>Lim-Dul Wraths and Playing Your Opponent's Stuff
>Mogis Stax and Reanimator
>Jori-En MLD, Cantrips, Artifacts, and Planeswalkers
>Maelstrom Wander generic goodstuff
>Uril Enchantress
>>
>>50778333
I just pick the theme and commander I want to build around, then add every card that could even remotely synergize, and then start cutting. When I've hit hundred I insoect the curve and generally cut some more to add weenies and utility spells.
>>
>>50778783
That's horrifying anon. I used to be this way, until I got to the point where I couldn't cut everything and my decks turned into janky abominations of mis-matched ideas.

Trust me anon, build around what you want, don't cut what you have down to size, unless you're very unfamiliar with a large chunk of your cards for whatever reason.
>>
File: 20161218_175831.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
20161218_175831.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>>50768779
Crafting eternities with rashmi
>>
>>50778865
Damn, that's a nice Sacred Puma and Treasure Cruise. Shame your playmat is so god awful.
>>
>>50778865
Ilikeit.jpeg
>>
I run a kresh the bloodbraided deck and I think it's pretty cool. I run a Lot of creatures that kill other creatures. Spitebellows grows kresh for 6+, cauldron dance enables some filthy shennanigans, and I just really love hitting with kresh for a ton of commander damage.
>>
>>50778865
>all those extra turn spells

you are the worst kind of person
>>
What are some good enchantment voltron commanders (besides uril)?
>>
>>50778999
bruna
>>
>>50778999
Oh I got thi-

>besides Uril
What are you, gay? Something something Zur, something else, maybe Tajic but lolnorampordraw, other something le narset face, final something probably Darigaaz.
>>
File: ugins-nexus_1.png (208KB, 243x349px) Image search: [Google]
ugins-nexus_1.png
208KB, 243x349px
>>50778865
Hey there anon.
>>
File: sigarda-host-of-herons.jpg (194KB, 622x896px) Image search: [Google]
sigarda-host-of-herons.jpg
194KB, 622x896px
>>50778999
>>
>>50779030
I've built uril before and didn't particularly care for it. It's alright, but wasn't my cup of tea. I've built Tajic before he was fun....hmmm maybe I won't build Enchant voltron, none of them are really striking my fancy.
>>
>>50779096
To be honest, if you built Uril and didn't like it, enchantment voltron is not what you want to be doing.

What part didn't you like? Too linear and boring? You want a bigger board presence? Or did it just not have enough dick-ass things to keep you alive in multiplayer?
>>
Fucking Aphetto Alchemist, man...
I just cannot stop putting him in blue decks.
>>
>>50778747
>talking about how he wasn't that good

Gitrog is really fucking strong. What are they smoking?

Guess their card pool is just really limited so they don't play him with dredge cards?

Darkmore Salvage + Gitrog = Instawin
>>
>>50779175
>darkmore
Dakmor Salvage*
I even double checked the spelling before typing it out.
>>
>>50779129
All three I think. Like I don't mind playing voltron, my Lubu deck is always a blast when I play it. I just never got the same appeal from playing uril which makes no fucking sense because he's got two other colors to play with.
Kinda the same reasons I dismantled my Varloz deck and my Teysa/darkest hour deck overall unfun to play after the initial honeymoon of the decks creation.
>>50779175
>>50779194
again it's really strange that they think it's garbage when one of them plays dredge in modern.
>>
File: Ghirapur+Aether+Grid+%5BORI%5D.jpg (45KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Ghirapur+Aether+Grid+%5BORI%5D.jpg
45KB, 223x311px
Is this secret tech for breya or did I have a stupid idea?
>>
>>50779249
it seems pretty awful

why would you run it
>>
>>50779249
If you have a way to produce infinite artifact tokens it's probably alright but even then impact tremors is probably better.
>>
>>50779228
My problem with Gitrog is that he is very all-in.

You either play him as dredge, and then he basically shits your entire deck into your graveyard in a single turn without much effort, which should win you the game if you built your deck properly.

Or you have a really shitty GB lands deck, that will probably accidentally dredge your entire deck anyways, but not win since you didn't build your deck for it.

There's not really anything in between balls to the walls and crap.

>>50779249
I love using this with Unwinding Clock. It's also really good for keeping control of the board.
>>
>>50779249
Clock of Omens instead, friend
>>
>>50779271
Like I said stupid idea.

>>50779284
Thopter foundry, sword of the meek, clock of omens, sol ring I guess?

Either way I realized its dumb to even attempt
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/azami-lady-of-idfk-what-im-doing/
Anyone know what to cut from this? I'm still 3 cards over.
>>
>>50779228
Hmm, sounds to me like you need a red hot injection of Lazav.

The concept is simple: play your opponent's stuff better than they do. There are a couple of ways to do it. Personally, I'm running a ferocious glass cannon setup that involves emptying their hand, and then milling big chunks of their library to power Lazav/win the game. The other way go involves more clone and reanimator effects, effectively using their graveyard as a second hand. Crazy shit can happen, like hitting someone with traumatize while you have lazav and undead alchemist out, and this deck draws remarkably little early game aggro in groups, because you use utility enchantments with less-than-immediately-awesome effects, while everyone else is powering up their board state. As soon as you reliably hit t7, you're going to combo off in any variety of fancy ways. Personally, my favorite early game magical christmasland is smacking someone with an early game mindleech mass, then hitting them with the best spell in their hand.
>>
>>50779302
CoO just doesn't do much of any thing in my Breya, aside from making a bit of mana.

How do you use it?
>>
>>50779385
>aside from making a bit of mana
How can you only make a BIT of mana?

Or rather, how the hell do you manage to make an artifact deck that doesn't break Clock of Omens?
>>
>>50779375
>Lazav

I run a lu xin deck that runs similarly, Clone their best stuff, counter their spells and then proceed to get piracy effects to go off.
>>
>>50778999
Yidris is the spiciest. Auras cascading into more auras, extra combats cascading into auras!
>>
>>50768779

Its like a mini Nicol Bolas! Or maybe Crosis was Nicol Bolas in disguise? Guise help my Vorthos is going haywire.

Bonus:

>Crosis (An ok name, lets take away the capitalization)
>crosis (nothing too odd here, lets move a letter around and see what happens)
>croiss (croicky mate, that reptiles australian! Ha but in all seriousness lets keep going)
>crss oi (seperated the vowels from the rest of the name here)
>criss o (well I put one back in, didn't make any sense so I guess I'll switch them around?)
>cross I (huh)
>I cross (grrrr angry dragons)

Ha. Word play is fun. (Dragons, however, are not)

Runners up!
>crisis, the Purger.
>purge the crisis.
>purge the cry, sis
>orc sis, the Purger.
>o i c, the Purger.
>soircc(search? Sorceror?), the Purger.
>Crosis, the Bulimic. er.
>Purge the cross. (I always knew mtg was satanic!)
>Croiky, the australian bulimic. (why did I eat all that shrimp on the barbie!)
>Rose, the purger(...What!? *laughing hysterically* You can't fuse! You're a human!)
>>
>>50779365
martyr of frost seems pretty not worth overall. I'm also not sure about omenspeaker.
>>
>>50779411
Understatement, my man.
As for breaking the Clock, I'm usually finding other things to do with both the mana needed to cast it, and once it's out, I never find a reason to do anything with it.

Again, how do YOU use it?
>>
>>50779420
Well, Lord of Tresserhorn is the only other deck I haven't posted, that I've also built. I wanted to use a lot of harness-by-force style effects to sac their things into early game doublestriking tresserhorn, but it may be too close to you lu xun deck to be too different.
>>
>>50779435
...the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>50779469
>this anon who doesn't combo like a mad cunt
Seriously, it's difficult not to combo off with clock of omens. Just look at the edhrec page for a second and think really hard.

https://edhrec.com/cards/clock-of-omens
>>
File: 1470248059829262.png (254KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1470248059829262.png
254KB, 375x523px
>>50779496

>...the fuck am I reading?

I keep forgetting /tg/ doesn't think like /x/. Here, have a cat.
>>
>>50779554
Good talk, I guess.
>>
>>50779469
I usually do everything with it.

Like turning every artifact I control into a Myr Turbine, doubling the number of Myr I have every turn. Ina 4 player game and with Unwinding Clock, if you end your turn with 10 artifacts, you start your following turn with 80.

Untapping manarocks to untap Planar Portal / Ring of Three Wishes to tutor for more stuff to abuse.

Untapping Prototype Portal a dozen times or my Divining Top to draw X cards.

Can also do completely crazy things with Liquimetal Coating, turning Goblin Welder into an artifact and untapping it for infinite artifact ETB/LTBs.

Usually I just untap Metalworker or a Gilded Lotus enough times to let me cast my entire hand and win on the spot.

Untapping your Trading Post to get back all your artifacts from your yard.

Clock of Omens just does so much.
>>
What're the rules for proxies in EDH tournaments?
I want to run Liliana, the Last Hope in one of my decks, but I don't have $30+ to get another one besides the one in my set.
Do I need to have it in a hard plastic with me if I play the deck? Bring a picture of the one in my Binder?
>>
>>50779613

>Clock of Omens just does so much.

Seriously dude?
>>
File: 1479426916062.jpg (21KB, 313x235px) Image search: [Google]
1479426916062.jpg
21KB, 313x235px
>Go to a "casual" commander Sunday at my lgs with a Shu Yun deck I threw together the day before
>Sit down to play, this one guy throws down atraxa and some planewalkers
>Fire up Shu Yun, make him unblockable and swing him for 12 doublestrike commander damage
>He dies then proceeds to bitch about everyone picking on him that day
If you build atraxa superfriends and expect to not draw hate then don't build it dumbass.
>>
>>50779627
Is it sanctioned? If so, no proxies as with all other sanctioned tournaments.

Not sanctioned? Up to the organizer, asking us achieves nothing.

>>50779654
Uh, yeah?
>>
>>50779654
>ignores the entire post of various nonsensical things clock of omens can do, along with a literal list of things clock of omens is usually played with
>acts like an entitled jackass
Good job anon. Glad to see you're back, it was almost a nice thread without you.

>>50779627
Bring it in a binder. Tell your opponents about it before the game and show it to them in the binder first. If it's an offical tournament, people can still bitch, but honestly anon, that card is worth less than $10 when standard rotates, either sell it or just shove it in there and call it a day.
>>
>>50779613
Hmm, I can see why you like it so much.
If I made my Breya deck more fiddly I'd definitely have a reason to include it.
>>
>>50779571
EDHG doesn't like custom cards when they actually do something or make sense. These look like they were actually made by a fifteen year old on reddit.
>>
>>50779710
Seriously dude? Guy isn't the same guy who asked how people used the Clock.
>>
>>50778865

I like what I'm seeing with this selection of cards here
>>
>>50779763
Sorry, I'm sleep deprived because of cats and things. I'll try to be more on the ball next time, I honestly thought it was one of those "bait" questions. Maybe I should get sleep in my giant stack of magic cards.
>>
File: Image.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
>>50778575
Was literally falling asleep before i remembered.
You owe me Anon
>>
>>50779761

I can live with that.
>>
>>50779427
Hmmm, might be a good one to consider once the new commander hype dies down a little.

Shifting gears for the moment though, My current stable of commanders is such
>Kolaghan
Dragonforce.dec
>Aurelia
Mostly angel tribal with some cute combat tricks.
>Braids (conjurer cutie)
Show and tell eldrazi
>Xira
Insect tribal (also the worst $600 deck I've ever made, current score is 1/9/0)
>Tibor an Lumia
A fun spells/pyroclasm type deck. I don't run it often but it is fun.
>Borborygmos enraged
Throw lands/profit...Love this deck, it's a fun time.
>Atraxa
A WiP but nearly done, the reason I want to build a new deck.
>Lu Xun
Clones and Drawing cards
>Cao Cao
Discard and slight reanimator
>Lu Bu
Small land destruction and equipment Voltron
>Liu Bei
Soldier tokens/ a bunch of anthems
>Lady Zhurong
Lands=creatures the deck

Knowing my current stable, What suggestions might you have for fun, different (read: hardly anyone plays) commanders?
>>
>>50779727
It's strong when you realize you can tap a token for Clock of Omens AND feed it to ashnod's altar. Or that equipment don't need to be untapped to work. Or turning winter orb on and off. It's harder to come up with a fair situation than a broken situation for CoO
>>
>>50778747
your best bet is to peruse the legendaries from recent sets + C16. Everyone has their own definition of neat. New grenzo is interesting because of the goad mechanic, and is very underplayed. Because every commander can be built differently, its hard to give a straight answer
>>
>>50780001
It's also great when you realize tapping your artifact lands and signets for mana isn't worth it. It's better to tap them to untap your Gilded Lotus or Basalt Monolith.
>>
>>50778999
Shu Yun with self bouncing auras like crown of flames, flickering ward, and mark of fury. That also gives you the excuse to run wild research for extra style points.
>>
>I finally have a sustainable job
>christmas is coming up, so I'm going to get a solid amount of cash
>I have the insatiable urge to build a weenies deck, with next to no needed cards
Help me bros, what should I build? Any colour, any combo, any anything is fine as long as it's under $400 to build, and will just shit out tokens on a reasonable curve. Also, it need a strong early game presence, or at least a nondurdly early game.
>>
>>50780001
>>50780031
You've given me some good reasons for keeping it around.
>>
>>50780090
Strong earlygame?
Shit out tokens?

Rhys.
>>
Is it possible to go completely noncreature-free with Ruric Thar? Just lands and creatures, using things like Reclamation Sage for removal
>>
>>50776591
How would this work with kraj?
>>
File: Animar Foiled.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Animar Foiled.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>50780231
Yeah, easy too.

I have a full creature/land only deck myself, although it's an Animar deck.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/animar-edh-51/
>>
File: 1339279772413.jpg (54KB, 633x639px) Image search: [Google]
1339279772413.jpg
54KB, 633x639px
>playan Alesha hatebears
>table of Sedris, Memnarch and Numot
>Loot away Kataki and some other fucker
>Swing at Numot with Alesha, bring back Kataki
>Everyone groans but Memnarch, dude just smirks
>no blockers for Numot, Kataki lives
>second main phase, play Hanna's Custody
>Memnarch player instantly shuts up and scowls at me
>miraculously doesn't have bounce spells
>go on to beat the hell out of everyone by reanimating Ebonblade Reaper and Grenzo every turn with both Strionic Resonator and Behind the Scenes out
>>
I don't understand Grenzo Doomsday
>>
i want to make a shapeshifter tribal deck, is this possible?
>>
>>50779343
Thopter foundry, sword of the meek, ashnods altar is better. sac sword, get token, sac token to altar, repeat until you have infinite mana. Use the infinite mana to sacrifice sword to foundry infinite times, gaining infinite tokens and life. You can also add time sieve for infinite turns if you want or you know, just shoot the whole table with that card.
>>
>tfw junk diver, myr retriever, and skullclamp in opening hand

Snap keep
>>
>>50780348
It's also like a gorillion dollars, I'm not made of money

That does look fun tho
>>
How is one supposed to play Queen marchesa? Pillowfort with lots of small deathtouching creatures?
>>
>>50780719
I mean organs sell for quite a high price so technically you are made out of money.
>>
File: Sakashima the Impostor_SOK.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Sakashima the Impostor_SOK.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>50780668
Lazav or sakashima
>>
>>50780736

Sounds accurate
>>
Are there any good printers to get good proxies from?

I found one on Etsy but it is a limited selection.

My friend wants to play EDH with us but refuses to buy anything over $3. My group aren't purist and we don't play at any shop or tournaments.

Our rule of thumb is to allow hand written proxies for things like Lightning Greaves and Sol Rings which all of our main players already have playsets of but my friend doesn't want a deck of hand written cards.
>>
File: 23850923850839.png (185KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
23850923850839.png
185KB, 500x500px
>>50780757
There is nothing more satisfying than Tempt with Reflection on a Perplexing Chimera in my Sakashima deck. The table becomes a fucking party.
>>
>>50780740
Yeah but I need most of those to live, and nobody wants to buy my appendix. Trust me I've checked.
>>
>>50777777
PRAISE KEK!
>>
Just a had a brief 1vs1 informal match with my new Atraxa infect vs a friends new Kresh deck. Felt really, really good when I Corrupted Conscienced his 15/15 Kresh.
>>
File: cresent fresh.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cresent fresh.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>50781514
ya but was his deck Kresh-ent fresh?
>>
>>50781599
No, he died of sudden atrax-ia.
>>
>>50781732
>>50781732
New thread
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.