[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 42

File: darion2.jpg (55KB, 499x567px) Image search: [Google]
darion2.jpg
55KB, 499x567px
Death Is For The Living, It Has No Power Over The Damned
edition

Discuss the lore and viability of Warcraft as a tabletop setting.

Previous thread: >>50658890
>>
>>50708336
Go the fuck back to sleep, Windrunner.
>>
>>50708336
Stromgarde > Gilneas > Lordaeron > Kul Tiras > Dalaran > Stormwind >>>>>>>>>>>> a literal pile of shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alterac

also >>50708455 this
>>
>>50708196
>Mfw we could've tried to raise Kil'ruk as a horseman but Blizzard didn't notice the opportunity.
>>
File: Kil'rukk.jpg (50KB, 387x445px) Image search: [Google]
Kil'rukk.jpg
50KB, 387x445px
>>50708597
the death knight champions do kill Empress Shek'zeer's soul in hell. The Paragons owe us one

>undead Klaxxi Paragons leading gargoyles and frost wyrms against the Legion
my fucking dick
>>
>>50708455
>tfw Sylvanas is going to join the Old Gods when she finally bites it
elves, not even once
>>
File: 1468878990133.png (39KB, 999x499px) Image search: [Google]
1468878990133.png
39KB, 999x499px
Where do the souls of fel corrupted folk go? Do they become playthings of the demons in the twisting nether?
>>
>>50710036
depends on how corrupted.
races that are passively corrupted on a small scale like orcs and belves seem to get a normal afterlife, but the more you do the dew, the better the chance that you end up in the Nether instead of with your ancestors or the Light or w/e.
>>
>>50708196
Last thread died just over halfway to bump limit.

I'd say it has plenty of power over the damned. Is that not what we are?
>>
Is there a fan Warcraft RPG yet? I keep seeing these threads but it's only discussion about the lore and WoW's crappy story and the official RPGs are pretty shitty since they're just reskinned 3rd edition D&D. Being able to play a naga from the Dark Factions book is pretty fucking cool though.
>>
>>50710413
I don't think there is, and I'd like to see one, but neither I nor anyone here has the perseverance to see it through.

No one could succeed. The cause is hopeless.
>>
>>50710374
>Last thread died just over halfway to bump limit.
happens some times. People that post in this thread seem to have odd schedules, some times no one is around for just long enough that it dies.

>>50710413
there have been fan efforts to port Warcraft stuff into 5e (including in this very thread IIRC), but no full fan game
>>
>>50708196
>Previous thread got archived with 192 replies only
>Thread pic was Nozdormu
>Nozdormu's HS card effect is limiting turn time for both players to 15 seconds
Deepest lore?
>>
Are they ever going to update silvermoon or the exodar or are we stuck with the BC models forever?
>>
>>50711911
When they will, it'll likely happen along with Northrend (which is as likely as legacy servers, so not really) and Outland. Unless they will make some CoT entrances to old areas, or updates to areas once you will reach certain level, via phasing.
>>
>>50708644
God knows what we need is undead taffy chewing twats from the worst part of the lore in pandaria. I'm sure that wouldn't be distractingly out of place in the Ebon Blade at all!
>>
>>50711911
Why? Do you really want them to apply their shitty modern day overworld design to old zones where it wasn't a need for a set piece every five yards obscuring your vision of nice things to look at? Tbh I'd rather have old models and a decent atmosphere than new ones and an absolutely shitty level design.
>>
>>50713222
Personally (the anon directly above), I think that at the least they could update some of the questlines, so the flow of time could be felt.
>>
>>50708196
I really hate that player DKs cannot have the classic Vanilla Ghoul as their pet. I liked the underbite with the bottom row of teeth looking like a line of tombstones.

The wrath era ghoul just looks like a retard with a long head.
>>
>>50713222
I just want them to update silvermoon so that it's a city instead of cardboard cut outs. I'm fairly sure that's why you still can't fly there, because if you could you'd see that the facades of the buildings are 2D stage props with no actual roof; which is a shame when compared the the spectacular areal view you can get of stormwind for instance. not to mention that I would like to at least be able to explore the ruined half of the city if not have it fixed and included
>>
>>50713222
I would like if they made it possible to fly there by adding more geometry and possibly a general texture update to silvermoon, otherwise it's pretty much fine.

>>50714025
>not to mention that I would like to at least be able to explore the ruined half of the city if not have it fixed and included
Eh? The ruined half is the area full of broken you walk through to get from the level 1-5 cradle to the first town.

Also apparently the issue with flying there is if you could fly you;d be running into the underside of Outland somehow.

Same with Azuremist/Bloodmist isles, those DON'T use cardboard cut-out design since you can climb on top of the exodar and it's still all there. The problem is they're in some sort of limited BC instance.
>>
>Draenor is FREE!!!

>Oy blyat Boris'ka why are we cheering?
>I don't know Vledim. I do know my siblings were butchered and their guts worn by his soldiers.
>And me sis soul was raped by a void ghost thingy summoned by his Shadowmoon fellows.
>Cyka let's me rip his head o-oh it's over now?
>Don't fly off Khadgar dont fl
>>
File: 1475707600478.jpg (131KB, 790x525px) Image search: [Google]
1475707600478.jpg
131KB, 790x525px
>>50714354
>>
How are we going to stand against the Legion with Genn and Sylvanas hatefucking each other instead of combining their forces to make a front?
>>
>>50714465
The worst part about this was that HFC went on for so long that everyone eventually got a ring. I'd be fine doing Khadgar's bitchwork if It was as exclusive as Shadowmourne
>>
File: war on dk.png (2MB, 1008x1024px) Image search: [Google]
war on dk.png
2MB, 1008x1024px
>7.2 will have a next DK world police chapter
>>
>>50715095
Not everyone, just everyone who had the patience to stick around for that tripe.
>>
>>50714588
>How are we going to stand against the Legion with Genn and Sylvanas hatefucking each other instead of combining their forces to make a front?
Literally 7.2
>>
>>50714069
I guess it never clicked that the 1-5 area was the other half. It seems like it should be bigger
>>
>>50714588
because the Broken Shore neutered the Alliance and Horde armies so badly that they're completely irrelevant anyway
>>
>>50715095
they learned their lesson and made the raid quest line in Legion both not increase player power and only doable in flex and mythic
>>
>pretends to be a thread about tabletop games as an excuse for posting on the wrong board for no reason

>only ever talk about the videogames

You're the worst at pretending to not be shitposting.
>>
>>50714354
>tfw Blizzard pretending that WoD never happened made it even worse retroactively because it ends with Yrel promising to help us fight the Legion but there's no way to actually get her back

Hopefully the extended class campaigns fix this. Paladins go to AU Draenor to mop up some leftover demons and bring Yrel back? Warriors get to go round up Grom and the remnants of the Iron Horde? Priests get to hang out with the arakkoa?
>>
>>50717738
Video game mechanics are rarely discussed and the video games as a whole are because they're the largest manifestation of the story. Where are fictional lore threads meant to go? /lit/?
>>
>>50718311
>Where are fictional lore threads meant to go? /lit/?
Can you imagine the fallout if everyone wanting to discuss Black Library books were forced to migrate there? It would be fucking glorious.
>>
One thing I've thought would be interesting would be a campaign set in Pandaria, but during WoD or Legion. Even after MoP there's still plenty to explore, and the aftermath of the in-universe fiasco of War Crimes would let the GM be pretty loose with faction restrictions if he wanted. Let's face it, after Garrosh escaped, plenty of soldiers on both sides said "fuck it" and deserted their idiot kings
>>
>>50717738
Even if the mechanics were discussed, they're great to translate in a lot of scenarios. When I had my players adventuring through Northerend during the Wrath of the Lich King, you bet I had the game running on my comp to show them scenes, NPC's, field info and after a quick refresher on the boss mechanics, running them through the fight in a similar fashion handled in initiative.

One of the brightest parts in the campaign was where our Int-dumped Tauren who'd been acting as the visually-impared gnome oracles main protector and transport hurled her off a ledge in Ahn'Kahet, The Old Kingdom because the Faceless One they were facing had an Insanity mechanic.

Rather than just say "You all fight illusions of your party mates!," I had each player place a token somewhere on a big map of the chambers without telling them why. Once they were placed, they were to take their tokens' place, having been teleported there, and replaced by vile creatures of the void....except the power-house Tauren who rolled the lowest will-save and now believed nothing to be out of the ordinary aside from strange creatures coming from the distance to attack him and his "friends."

The Players handled in marvelously.

Also had a bit of a situation later on where the human in the party sweet-talked the Scarlet Crusade by offering them Naxxramas and the orbital weapons of Ulduar.
>>
>>50720335
>Discussing the socio-political impact of thrall vs Garrosh and Varian vs Anduin on /pol/
>>
>>50715134
>yfw we detain meme'ganis
>>
>>50722313
inb4 Bolvar just goes full Lich King and unleashes the plague on the Broken Shore
>>
>>50722576
>WTF U DOING BOLVAAAR?!?!?!
>Saving the azeroth
>ghost varyann
>>
>>50722576
Can demons be made into undead?
>>
>>50722749
Would depend on the kind of demon? Couldn't see an infernal getting reanimated, but in HFC the mannoroth encounter starts with him being basically a skeleton.
>>
File: slack-imgs.jpg (90KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
slack-imgs.jpg
90KB, 1024x576px
>>50722718
Varian is too busy tapping that sweet Overwatch ass in the Nexus to come back.
>>
File: 1480393597546.png (130KB, 218x313px) Image search: [Google]
1480393597546.png
130KB, 218x313px
>>50715134
>>50722313

>Get absolutely spoiled by how good the DK story was.
>Can't wait to try out some of the others!
>Monk.
>You run away and brew beer, and have an akward party.
>the end.

They litually just had to take the plot of ANY kung-fu movie and it would have been fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG4IREl7oBo
>>
>>50717738
These threads are objectively better than a good 1/4th of the other threads on /tg/. I'd take a thousand of these over one fetish thread.
>>
>>50722749
Even if they can't, the Legion would still be at least moderately inconvieneced if all of their Bloodtotem and Felskorn allies suddenly turned into skellingtons
>>
>>50717954
>Priests get to hang out with the arakkoa?
IIrc they threw their lot in with the druids
>>
>>50723300
These threads are objectively off topic
>>
>>50723352
Yeah, but I want to see ghoul felguards chilling out with a pit fiend lich.

The Scourge as bro tier defenders of Azeroth is one of the few good things to come out of the lore recently.
>>
>>50723443
>tfw you will never see Arthas and his knights of the Ebin Bants siege Khadgar at his meme castle.
>>
>>50723443
>pit fiend lich
You overestimate magical abilities of Pit Lords. They are way too dumb to master such magics.

And are completely incapable of being bro tier.
>>
>>50723484
Oh fine, Pit Fiend Death Knights then. With Eredar Lichs.
>>
>>50723509
>separated for millennia the Draenei and Eredar are finally reunited under the banner of the Scourge.
>>
>>50723520
As the scourge are globalists ...
>>
File: 1477856821077.gif (114KB, 281x649px) Image search: [Google]
1477856821077.gif
114KB, 281x649px
>>50723606

Guess we know who will be heading up the Argent Crusade in the future then.
>>
>>50723630
>buy my water filters 100% holy light blessed and plague free
>SUPER HOLY VITALITY PILLS
>>
>>50723670

>What ANDUIN WRYNN isn't telling you is that all of Darkshire's problems can be traced back to Contrails released by government griffin riders!
>>
>>50723680
>ANDUIN WRYNN ISNT HOLY
>HE IS SHADOW! DEMAND HIS CLASS SPECIALIZATION!
>>
>>50723630
>>50723670
>>50723680
>this is an emergency transmission from the heart of occupied Lordaeron.
>this is Alexios Jones of Infocrusades.epl, and if you're receiving this broadcast, YOU are the resistance
>>
File: 1420504434366.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1420504434366.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>50723743
>Sturmwhind Mhedia
>>
>>50723830
ENSLAVING ALL LIFE ON AZEROTH UNDER THE FROZEN THRONE

IS NAWT A LEGITIMATE FOAM OF PROTEST
>>
>>50723897
Dragongate is not real. There is nothing to suggest that the nobility are secretly black dragons bent on the destruction of the world to please an ancient and malevolent god.
>>
>The priest are our greatest allies
>>
>>50724071
don't worry, those tentacles aren't evil
>>
>>50723931
I've got reports from HIGH LEVEL SI:7 sources that say Bolvar is still alive and leading the Scourge. You know what? I'm just gonna stop right there
>>
>>50715134
>implying anyone except paladin-cucks will obey to them
>>
>>50726016
Based pally "cucks" are the ones resisting the EBPD
>>
>>50715134
Now with Kel'Thuzad as the put upon police chief?
>>
Blizzard is too busy making huge pauldrons to make decent lore
>>
>>50726053
>Based pally "cucks"
>DK attacks Last Hope Chapel
>DK pls, corrupt Ashbringer
>based
Yeah whatever, I will be behind over 9000 daemons in my Nether borthel with Eredar twins
>>
>>50726369
Mah nigga, Blackharvest unite!
>>
File: 1475708806445.png (406KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475708806445.png
406KB, 900x600px
Being Medivh's apprentice had to suck.
>>
>Demon Hunter class order campaign
>Do not go hunting any demons
>Instead complete Illidan's shopping list
>Only Demons you deal with are former Demon Hunters
>only semi cool moment is Kil'Jaeden showing up and going ''HELLO DO YOU DEMON HUNTERS HAVE A MOMENT TO TALK ABOUT OUR LORD AND SAVIOR,THE DARK TITAN SARGERAS''

The only redeemable part about it is that it feels like the X'era quests are actually complementary to the campaign and not the random nonsense of DINDU NUFFIN they are to other classes.
>>
>You are tasked with rebooting Warcraft from the beginning.
>Can be for whatever format
>Has to include all races with associated characters that showed up until RoC. You can scrap the ones afterwards or whatever.
>Has to start with Orcs from another world invading a land in Azeroth and its events leating up ton it.

Other than those, do whatever. What would you do?
>>
>>50727334
I quit and find another job
>>
>>50727202
I did like the "press X to tell Kil'jaeden to fuck off" moment.
>>
>>50727334
The exact same thing up until the frozen throne, then probably start changing some things
>>
Can someone give good recap of all Class campaigns? I am only roughly familiar with DK one so far, and general way of joint campaign of Priests and Paladins.
>>
>>50728474
From what I've played so far:

>Paladin (and parts of the Priest campaign)
Hunt down Balnazzar, kill him in Netherlight Temple after he tries to murder Velen (not sure if he's permanently killed, thoguh), we make first contact with the Army of Light through Lothraxion (Holy Dreadlord).

>Shaman
Find the Elemental Lords of Azeroth, convince them to join the Earthen Circle's efforts to defend Azeroth. Therazane and Neptulon are first, then you resurrect Thunderaan (of [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker] fame) and put him in charge of the Air Elementals. Finally, you go to the Firelands, "choose" which new Firelord contender you want in the lava bathtub, and kill Rhyolith's son because he's the less amicable of the candidates for the role of Lord of Fire. All of them hang around the Heart of Azeroth once the campaign is done.

>Druid
Malorne isn't seen since he reappeared in Cata. After searching for materials to summon him, you find out that he's trapped inside the Emerald Nightmare. Enter his dreams, relive part of the War of the Ancients, "kill" Archimonde, and free him.

>Warlock (mine is only at level 102, so I've barely begun it)
Seems to be focused on rescuing the Council of the Black Harvest. Don't know anything else.
>>
>>50727334
First of all I'd shape the geography and timeline to make sense, because god damnit is it absurd. The whole Frostwolves in Alterac bit is just stupid. Then there's the fact that we have basically the entire span from Hammerfest to Capetown but two thirds is moderate climate when we look at the eastern kingdoms. Also I think magic and the otherworld need an overhaul or remain complete mysteries.

So here goes:
>Warcraft 1
>Draenor is a single continent on undisclosed world
>It's basically Australia but worse
>Orcs live mostly in mountainretreats huddled together with Ogres, Draenei and Arakkoa because they're the least lethal habitats, with enclaves in swampregions and certain plains
>Naturally there's territorial issues because fuck off that's my mountain
>Kil'Jaeden exploits territorial tensions to send Orcs into the Green Chimpening and tapping the kool aid to disrupt Draenei society so he can give their arcanists the kool aid and elevate them to sorcerous demonhood, giving him buddies like Archimonde
>Contacts Sargeras on Azeroth so they can stage their magic sucking coup on the world, draining it of all life
>Sargaeras/Medivh open the portal
>Orcish raiding parties harass Elwynn for a couple years, bring home goods and women to be used as bargaining chip to convince more clans to join THE HORDE
>Garona is born, then magically aged by Gul'Dan and mindswiped to be used as infiltrator
>War begins, Stormwind falls, Medivh dies
>Elwynn is still very sandy and arid, so Orcs decide it's time to go and conquer some more
>Warcraft 2: Electric Boogaloo
>Not!Europe Northern Kingdoms are rallied under Lordaeron, they fight back orcs to their homeworld
>Draenor blows up, scattered orcs are rounded up and held in internment camps
>Are kept quiet with black ale and generally having withdrawal symptoms from coming down from years of kool aid
>Thrall happens, Exodus to Kalimdor
>Warcraft 3
>Keep all of it

[cont.]
>>
>>50729513
Addendum to Warcraft 3
>Scourge is made up of both living and undead participants as the Cult of the Damned rewards only diehards with undeath and raises the already dead, the middle section of cult members is more useful alive plus they can sway large groups of military to accept Ner'Zhul as their lord and saviour
>Arthas kills his dad and replaces the administrative body of Lordaeron with Scourge loyal subjects
>Scourge has massive numbers but is still contained in Lordaeron, has to withdraw immense manpower to support the Legion in Kalimdor so what's left in Lordaeron is but a fraction of the entire force to hold things together
>Satyrs are a part of Nelf society rather than outcasts, although unliked, like Ghettoniggers
>All Furbolgs die. Fuck those shitpieces.
>Arthas and Ner'Zhul truly become one at the end of tFT, as in: Their collective memories have mixed and thusly shaped a new personality, but speaks with Arthas' voice because it's his body and his vocal chords
>Kul'Tiras occupies Theramore and doesn't let go, however contains their military assaults against Durotar thanks to Daelin listening to his daughter. Cold War on Kalimdor ensues
>>
>>50728875
Thanks, that's some beginning.

>Hunt down Balnazzar, kill him in Netherlight Temple after he tries to murder Velen (not sure if he's permanently killed, thoguh)
I think it should have killed him permanently, with the battle happening in the Nether and all.
>Netherlight Temple
>Demons couldn't find it for ages
>They finally located this bastion of Light in the Twisting Nether
>After a Void God was reconverted to Naaru
>>
>>50726369
>>50726513
>smash the portal in Dalaran
>every single warlock gets trapped in space
>>
>>50728875
>>Warlock (mine is only at level 102, so I've barely begun it)
>Seems to be focused on rescuing the Council of the Black Harvest. Don't know anything else.
you rescue 3 members of the Black Harvest, recruit 2 outside warlocks who have refused to join up to now, then summon the Eredar Twins to Dreadscar Rift to enslave them, cure Shinfel Brightsworn's curse, and deprive Mephistroth of his prized servants
>>
>>50730516
To be quite frank, I don't trust Blizzard with their lore that much nowadays. I truly believe they might ignore the whole "demons only die in the nether" just so they can make yet another "X WAS MERELY A SETBACK" joke.
>>
>>50731069
>and deprive Mephistroth of his prized servants
Does that include someone besides Thal'kiel's bony head?
>>
>>50731265
the Eredar Twins are supposed to be working for Mephistroth until you kidnap them, but based Thal'kiel is reward enough desu
>>
File: WELL MET.gif (491KB, 517x640px) Image search: [Google]
WELL MET.gif
491KB, 517x640px
Bumping for the sake of thread's survival.
>>
>>50727334
Do nothing but call myself lore and quest lead-god-emperor, force everyone to call me that.

Get metzen and a sack of coke each year in a cuckshed, he writes the main lore
>>
>>50723388
What would you prefer: On topic shit or off topic crap?
>>
File: Female Ogre - WoW Traveler.jpg (123KB, 950x765px) Image search: [Google]
Female Ogre - WoW Traveler.jpg
123KB, 950x765px
I hope the thread will be still alive in the morning, and more people will share their experiences with Class Campaigns, as I asked for here >>50728474
>>
>>50723300
I like these threads so much I wish we would have more similar straight our lore discussions of other universes too
>>
>>50733173
I dropped Legion pretty early on, but the Warlock one started off with you replacing Karenthed basically with Jubella saying more of less you killed him so you're the best that the Harvest can think of to replace him.

The a gnome goes and fucks everything up again and you and Ritselyn have to gather the council again and gather the other Warlock cults under one banner.

Would have been pretty cool. Also you have an army of Wrathguards that keep asking what worlds you want them to put to the flame.

Was way better than hanging out in a cave with Thrall while he has an identity crisis.
>>
>>50726934
Suddenly Khadgar's position as the meme wizard makes sense
>>
File: stratholme.jpg (299KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
stratholme.jpg
299KB, 1920x1080px
It took me this long to realize that Sargeras' motives as of Chronicles are the same as this scene.

>GLAD YOU COULD MAKE IT, AMAN'THUL.
>>
>>50734178
>THESE PLANETS MAY LOOK FINE NOW, BUT IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THEIR WORLD SOULS ARE CORRUPTED BY THE VOID
>THIS ENTIRE UNIVERSE MUST BE PURGED
>>
>>50732583
WELL FUCKING MET
>>
>>50734231
>EONAR?
>I'M SORRY SARGERAS. I CAN'T WATCH YOU DO THIS.
>>
>>50734340
>ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE THE WILL TO SAVE THIS LAND FOLLOW ME, EVERYONE ELSE
>*teleports behnid the pantheon*
>nothing personel, kid
>>
>>50734178
All of this has happened before. All of this will happen again.
>>
>>50732849
>Get metzen and a sack of coke each year in a cuckshed, he writes the main lore

Did you listen to the podcast he did about his retirement? Dude's kinda fucked up and I think working for Blizz was killing him
>https://soundcloud.com/scott-johnson-27/the-chris-metzen-interview
>>
File: NZothArt.jpg (5MB, 4000x5470px) Image search: [Google]
NZothArt.jpg
5MB, 4000x5470px
>yfw N'Zoth is acting so heavily and preparing to make his move while the players are gone on Argus out of sheer desperation

The Old Gods' plans backfired. By corrupting the Titan-forged, they gave them free will, without which they'd have never discovered courage or the Light. By spooking Sargeras on that other planet, the Void Lords drove him to create the Legion, who created the modern Orcs, who now provide even more warriors to fight against the Old Gods, and drove the Draenei and Naaru to Azeroth.

The Tauren they corrupted in that old legend? Wouldn't know how to fight back at all if not for that.

If not for the Curse, Loken's corruption, and Tyr's response to it, Humanity wouldn't have any inclination to make Paladins, and the other Titan-forged would know nothing about the Light.

Every move the Old Gods have made has accidentally managed to strengthen the one defense against their corruption of the final Titan - mortals. N'Zoth knows the Nightmare is gone, his brethren are dead (or in Y'shaarj's case, double-dead), and Odyn and the Valarjar are free. He's running out of time and he frantically hopes that Azshara, the Legion, and whatever else (possibly including Jaina and/or Sylvanas?) can hold off the Alliance and Horde long enough for him to do his big BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GOD OF THE DEEP thing.

It's even illustrated by Xal'atath and Ilgynoth. They're trying to seed in everyone's minds that N'Zoth has ALREADY won - after all, why fight an enemy who's already done what he's trying to do - when in actuality he's running out of time and resources to do it at ALL and has less chance of victory than ever.

So, with that in mind, would you run a Servants of N'Zoth campaign, and if so in what system?
>>
>>50736015
>implying he's going down.
>>
>>50736015
nah, he's already won. It's probably best to just give up
>>
>>50736015
>So, with that in mind, would you run a Servants of N'Zoth campaign, and if so in what system?
an old gods themed campaign could be pretty fun. Starting off as mortals and dicking around to corrupt things, then ascending into elementals or faceless ones as you get more powerful
>>
>>50736398
>>50736488
Ilgynoth please go.
>>
>>50736015
>The Old Gods' plans backfired
>Implying they have plans outside their immediate survival

They are literally giant ticks for planets. These things corrupt by nature (see saronite ore, Y'shaarj's heart ect.)

>Corrupting Titan-forged gave them free will
free will is a double edged sword (see ner'zhul)

> If not for the Curse, Loken's corruption, and Tyr's response to it, Humanity wouldn't have any inclination to make Paladins, and the other Titan-forged would know nothing about the Light.
You have 3 races that are now super easy to kill and to corrupt. I don't think a small portion of that finding 'the light' compares.

The only 'plan' I can see is them trying to revive the Black Empire. That or they're literally slaves to the Void gods in which case their plans aren't their own.
>>
>>50729513

> >Kil'Jaeden exploits territorial tensions to send Orcs into the Green Chimpening and tapping the kool aid to disrupt Draenei society so he can give their arcanists the kool aid and elevate them to sorcerous demonhood, giving him buddies like Archimonde

That’s neat. KJ's not an Eredar?

>rest

What about WoW?
>>
>>50710413
>the official RPGs are pretty shitty since they're just reskinned 3rd edition D&D.
The second version (the one actually based on WoW) is pretty decent, but yeah, the fact that it's tied to 3.5 does hurt it.
>>
>>50737184
His original deciption in WC2 artwork made him look very different than the current Eredar. More like a mix of Orc and Doomguard features. In WC3 they just used a recolored version of Archimonde's model for him, though.
>>
>>50737184
>>50737664

I guess if you were going with that you could refluff him as the Emperor or first Doomguard.
>>
>>50737664

Yeah, but back then there wasn't really a Burning Legion. Medivh was just a corrupted Human for one. And the Orcs were outright villains instead of Dindus.
>>
>>50730990
>use staff of sargeras to open up new portals
>>
>>50737847
>Dreadscar Rift explodes from the overload of power
>>
>>50737664
>Implying they had anything set in stone before WCIII and they weren't just letting Metzen ride out his nerdy dream
>>
>>50710413
I was going to try and make one based on the Log Horizon RPG, but the guy that was translating that game from Japanese sort of quit leaving the translation incomplete

I might try with 4e instead at some point
>>
>>50737899
>Warlocks on par with mages as far as portal knowledge goes
>trapped anywhere
Nigga they literally summon shit on a daily basis. You think breaking a portal -They made- will fuck them?
>>
>>50737931
warlocks can only bring things to them. Mages are the ones than can send things away
>>
>>50737951
You understand warlocks made the portal in Dalaran, right? Not to mention a good portion are previous mages and priests.
>>
>>50728474

>Rogue
Gain entrance to a secret society moving kingdoms from behind the scenes, slap down VanCleef's daughter because she wanted your position, go a long hunt for the culprit of someone who backstabbed an SI:7 agent in your secret clubhouse, retrieve a stone from an ancient night elf stronghold that can decipher any language, figure out dreadlord Detheroc kidnapped the leader of SI:7 and assumed him to spread false info to the Alliance, go to assassinate him in Stormwind before the Alliance does something permanently fucktarded.

Oh, and he assumed the role because Broken Shore was a death trap for the factions and didn't want that info getting out.
>>
>>50728474
>Hunter
>Revive an ancient and lost order that existed since WotA
>Basically wardens with bows
>Big bad is Hakkar the Hound Master, First of the Legion to step foot on Azeroth
>Basically Felhunter pack leader
>Recruit bad arses including Hemet motherfucking Nesingwary
>Hakkar's plan involves letting loose his felhunters on Dalaran to eat up the mage buffet
>Set a trap with Khadgar after cleaning up the other factions messes on Broken Isles
>Kill Hakkar in Violet hold
Feels good mang
>>
>>50738365
you forgot
>play Island Troll Tribes with Rexxar so he respects you
>>
>>50738365
>Hakkar the Hound Master
I am still disappointed he's a mere Fel Lord and not an Overfiend, that would actually fit his description.

>>50738381
>>play Island Troll Tribes with Rexxar so he respects you
Please, do elaborate on that.
>>
I don't suppose anyone has a .mdl of undercity laying around that could be uploaded somewhere?
>>
>>50738434
>Please, do elaborate on that.
to prove you can survive in the wild, Rexxar makes you hunt boars and build fires in a minigame quest that's basically a super stripped down version of all those WC3 survival games
>>
>>50738434
You have a bar that runs out fast unless you refill it by picking berries or eating boar meat. This lasts for 3 mins (or an entire night in the wild accoring to Rexxar).

Why the fuck Rexxar is in the Broken Isles I'll never know,
>>
>>50738598
Because the Broken Isles are all one big nostalgia trip, and Rexxar was popular, thus he is in.
>>
>>50738211
> Moving kingdoms...

Actually just one kingdom... Because WOW politic lore is limited as hell, even Gilneas is pretty much just Storwind now..

I liked the fact that the Gilneas princess waifu is actually a badass Rogue from a secret society despite it comes from nowhere.

And this also remember me how WoW would be more interesting with a bit more politic.... Back on Vanilla we had Frandal, Lady Prestor, VanCleef, the Syndicate.. Frandal was a dick but it was a interesting character, he even had a tragic past (his son died yada yada).... Then Cataclysm just turned him in in another insane-corrupted-instance-boss...
>>
>>50737184
I'm the same guy who proposed that "Eredar" is just the name of a demonic sorceror coven whose ranks got basically taken over by Draenei after Killian Jameson took them in as his new pets so everbody thought all Eredar must be these goatpeople with face tentacles.

About the rest: I understood the challenge to be "rewrite the RTS games", but I can take a shot at WoW for sure.
>>
>>50733173
This reminds me I still need to acquire this book and read up on all the good shit.
>>
Anyone here planning on playing on Nostralius in 8 hours or so when it reopens?
>>
>>50738962
Is that the old server? I heard that there was a fresh one opening in a month or something?
>>
>>50736523
>Human Warrior and Elf Hunter fall in love
>Spend the whole campaign flirting and dating
>They decide to marry
>As the Priest tells the groom to kiss the bride, they realize they have become Faceleless
>-3 SAN
>>
>>50738942

I'm the same anon as >>50727334. I didn't say the reboot would only cover the RTS games. You can go as far as you're up to.
>>
>>50738962
will go for the fresh server tbph.
Would be nice to RP around with some /tg/boyz and run a skirmishing service with hunters and rogues.
>>
>>50739118
>RPing with /WarcraftG/
Not sure if I should pick out my self-insert undead rogue or come up with something original.
>>
>>50738885

Vanilla did better at how it showed the factions and their world. For example, the Alliance was portrayed as more of an alliance of individual countries kingdoms/fiefdoms/whatever against shared enemies who otherwise have their separate conflicts, schemes, and goals instead of the Wrynn Dynasty leasing their magical friends. It also was before WoW went overboard with how prominent faction leaders and their friends to relatives (see War Crimes).
>>
File: 1476924408402.jpg (236KB, 1024x1264px) Image search: [Google]
1476924408402.jpg
236KB, 1024x1264px
>>50738951
Same here, I am curious if there are more interesting stuff than just ogre women.
>>
>>50739182
happy dwarf merchant.
>>
>>50739510
is that supposed Y'shaarosh?
>>
File: The_Ancient_One_full.jpg (463KB, 1739x2362px) Image search: [Google]
The_Ancient_One_full.jpg
463KB, 1739x2362px
>>50740061
Most definitely.
And it is within the range of the most unique servants of the Old Gods.
>>
>>50740116
it sucks that The Ancient One doesn't actually exist in WoW anywhere
yet
>>
File: Thing_from_Below_full.jpg (249KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Thing_from_Below_full.jpg
249KB, 900x1200px
>>50740133
Ny'alotha will be a place full of horrors.
>>
File: The_Boogeymonster_full.jpg (179KB, 1024x1326px) Image search: [Google]
The_Boogeymonster_full.jpg
179KB, 1024x1326px
>>50740181
Really full.
>>
>>50740188
The worst servants of the Old God's are right under our noses.
>>
>>50739118
I'd be game for that. Even have a working version of flagrsp in my vanilla WoW files. Any clue when the fresh server is coming out? Because I heard the one they're opening today has transfers on it and decided to stay on Kronos II.
>>
>>50740181
Ny'alotha will be dank. I can't wait to cleanse the Black Empire in the name of the One True King
>>
File: Sabellian.jpg (117KB, 1024x543px) Image search: [Google]
Sabellian.jpg
117KB, 1024x543px
I knew we pass dragons discussion few thjread ago, but did Blizz said anything about him? Is he okay, or Anduin lover killed him and his childreans too?
>>
>>50740492

Last I heard he was okay but had zero interest in returning to Azeroth.
>>
>>50740492
after Sinestra gets her nether drake eggs, the Azerothian black dragons stopped caring about Outland. Wrathion probably doesn't even know he exists
>>
>>50740492
The Real Estate in Outland is out of Wrathion's interest. He likely assumed that all of the Black Dragonflight returned to Azeroth, as some of those from BEM were later in Badlands or Twilight Highlands.
>Wrathion, after meeting Ebonhorn and learning of possibility of non-invasive method of purification, will organize using Pillars of Creation on Black Dragonflight in Outland to restart the Flight free of Old God corruption, including chance of finding a proper mate.
That is, if Wrathion didn't got sterile like all dragons for some reason did after death of Deathwing.
>>
File: Midnight_Drake_full.jpg (147KB, 1024x1344px) Image search: [Google]
Midnight_Drake_full.jpg
147KB, 1024x1344px
>>50740414
I wonder if such expansion would include highly mutated Twilight Dragons.
>>
File: Twin_Emperor_Vek'lor_full.jpg (62KB, 600x763px) Image search: [Google]
Twin_Emperor_Vek'lor_full.jpg
62KB, 600x763px
I always wondered. Were Twin Emperors just unique, larger Qiraji, or were they last living Aqir?
>>
File: Twin_Emperor_Vek'nilash_full.jpg (66KB, 600x764px) Image search: [Google]
Twin_Emperor_Vek'nilash_full.jpg
66KB, 600x764px
>>50741456
And with this question, I leave the thread for the next 14 hours. Time to prepare to go to the night shift.
>>
>>50741456
They're Qiraji. Some Qiraji are big, like Skeram.
>>
>>50740992
Ultraxion should have been a giant, mutated monstrosity. Instead we just got
>BIG DRAGON
Only a small part of the travesty that was dragon soul, of course.
>>
>>50741456
>>50741473
I don't think it was ever specified, but they're pretty different from all of the other qiraji. Maybe more similar to C'thun's n'raqi but I wouldn't bet on it

>>50741707
the only good part of the Ultraxion fight is Deathwing accidentally Baneposting before it starts
>>
I had an idea for a WoW tabletop campaign, where Azeroth ends up totally fucked like Draenor was, starts to fall apart because of the countless time shittery and Burning Legion invasions, and the survivors are forced to flee through a portal to yet another world.

One reason I'd wanna do it is because the community-building rules in the official WoW RPG seem kind of neat, and I think it'd be fun if the players had their own little pet refugee camp they could turn into a bustling, prosperous town or city. Another reason is it would be kind of neat, I think, to revisit the plot of "invaders from another world coming through a dark portal to steal our land", except this time the invaders are whatever is left of the Alliance and the Horde. Maybe they put aside their differences and came through together, maybe they used two different portals but ended up in the same world. Either way, does the idea have some merit?
>>
>>50741855
I'm not familar with the WoW RPG's community-building rules, but that does sound like an interesting idea. The only trouble is coming up with races to inhabit the new planet

I suggest throwing in the Apexis because birdbros are cool
>>
So I finally continued the Rogue campaign.

There is a mission on Darkshire where you discover that the Darkshire mayor, his daughter and several others were demon cultists. They did some evil slaughter on the town and then you finally kill them off.

That sux, ruined pretty much my experience playing Human on vanilla. I always loved Duskwood, and the Nightwatch was the first somewhat faction that I really liked on the leveling zones (we dont have many, actually). People on westfall militia were just some rednecks but on Darkshire everyone was overwhelmed by undead on a unforgiving forest and stil relenteless to fight.

They had some unique armor (for vanilla standards), a hot-chick as commandant and a mayor that sent a badass letter to a moron and absent king. They were badasses.... and now they are just dead and evil cartoon villains.

Meh...
>>
>>50741804
>they are my clutch no longer, bring them down

what did she mean by this?
>>
>>50743480
Pretty much exactly what it says. They used to be her children but were corrupted into twilight dragons. So they are no longer hers.
>>
>>50743463
yeah. everyone was pissed at blizzard
its the customary alliance faction getting blown up per expansion routine they have had since cata.
>>
>>50743463
I think that was a lot of people's problem with Legion ever since the artifact quests went live on beta. I don't even play Alliance and I hate it desu

still better than Cataclysm's changes to Westfall though
>>
File: 200% disgusting.png (194KB, 291x545px) Image search: [Google]
200% disgusting.png
194KB, 291x545px
>>50744212
>we need to give the alliance a reason want conflict with the Horde
>blows up theramore

Ducking assays. Pvpers need no reason to slaughter each other. If it's red, it's dead. Simple as that.

And pve'ers don't and won't ever care about pvp. Stop trying to force them into it with pvp prerequisites on pve content.
>>
File: sigh.png (404KB, 639x412px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.png
404KB, 639x412px
>>50748202
Fucking autocorrect.
>>
>>50748202
But Anon! Everyone knows that WC2 was the favorite of everyone! and who wouldn't want to play out WC2 again! Endlessly in fact, no matter where we go?
>>
File: Warcraft fast food.jpg (138KB, 569x720px) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft fast food.jpg
138KB, 569x720px
>>50748387
Go back to bed Holinka, you're not fooling anyone.
>>
Bumping.
Kinda new to these threads. I see some people are working on porting the game, but has anyone been using the setting in their current system, like 5e? What kind of stories/scenarios do your players get into? What time period does it take place in? Do they participate in faction stuff?
I kinda want to try the setting out in my 5e game, just not sure what do have the players do or be. The setting is so huge, it's hard to focus.
>>
>>50749977
there's a guy who ran a campaign featuring a bunch of blood elves trying to rebuild Silvermoon. IIRC they ended up building a solar powered death star and destroying Naxxaramas with it
>>
>>50749977
>The setting is so huge, it's hard to focus.
I've been wanting to run a 5e campaign, but I've been stuck on the same problem for months.
Azeroth is so fucking big, both in size and time.
When, where, and why?
>>
>>50713184
Yeah. What kind of undead faction would start raising bug people?
>>
File: kinky.gif (101KB, 556x400px) Image search: [Google]
kinky.gif
101KB, 556x400px
>>50751999
delet this
>>
>>50748202
Actually, they were already on a world war, no need to want conflict, conflict was just there...

Theramore shit just exist to sell Garrosh and the Horde as a evil villain (despite the fact that ironically the humans dint even had a civil casuality) and to address the fact that someone from the Horde would obviously do something against their noise neighbourhood if they were on war.

While I was never a fan of "FACTIONS-NEED-X-BIG-CITY-ON-EACH-CONTINENT-AND-NOTHING-MORE" Theramore always took too much space for me and it should be gone... seriously. It was a really big and shine human city next to the Horde heart, back on Vanilla the Horde dindt even had sufficient leveling zone but the humans had a big city there...... also, and it never had anything interesting after W3 to justify her permanence...
>>
>>50752230
And it is ironic that Jaina and Thrall aways wiped necropolis from the sky with one spell and Garrosh was sued by pandas for "excessive forece" or some bullshit like that after he used a not-hiroshima bomb.
>>
>>50741971
>Apexis
I do wonder if they ended up being part of Army of Light, or did they became interstellar travellers, because they had tech comparable to Draenei, with magic golems and stuff.
Then again, Dark Iron dorfs had golems too, and so did Zandalari Trolls, but those are based.
>>
>>50752337
I imagine Blizzard left their fate open-ended just so they wouldn't need a reason for them to disappear, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if they were in the Army of the Light
>>
>>50748387
HD edition when?
WoWfags will be confused when they see blood elves and humans fighting together.
>>
>>50752230
>>50752230
>important alliance city on par with orgrimmar in terms of importance
>only jaina was smart enough to build a trading port and not chimp out.
The only reason civilians were a thing was because the alliance evacuated them.
>>
>>50752562
Isn't there a remake of WC3 using SC2? Think that is fan based though.
>>
>>50752860
From what I saw, they were just remaking WC3 multiplayer maps in the SC2 engine. Not the actual campaigns. Though if they took the time to build all the assets in SC2, then it wouldn't be all that hard to build the campaigns.
>>
>>50752562
More likely they'll be confused about why everyone is calling Slyvanas Aleria.
>>
File: DING! Its done!.png (43KB, 1528x531px) Image search: [Google]
DING! Its done!.png
43KB, 1528x531px
>>50734178
HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND, SARGERAS?
>>
>>50752230

> It was a really big and shine human city next to the Horde heart, back on Vanilla the Horde dindt even had sufficient leveling zone but the humans had a big city there...... also, and it never had anything interesting after W3 to justify her permanence...

It's not Theramore's fault Humanity's storyline so far focused so much on Stormwind and it's linked characters despite the latter's absence from WC3. Humanity suffers from both:

A. Stormwind being so prominent with Human other countries either being dead, missing, enemies, or werewolves.

B. How elements important in human history or societies have been been dumped on other races or turned neutral (Paladins).

Theramore in particular has the problem of being a badly fitting artifact of WC3 that doesn't fit with the direction WoW (namely the faction warring). You can see they didn't know what to do with it and Jaina (who went from background, to shilling the Wrynns, to a strawman there to make the Wrynns look good) up until they blew it up so that they could go full WC2.
>>
>>50740904
>All dragons are now sterile except the Black Dragonflight
>Black Dragons go on to be Azeroths secret police
>Meanwhile Deathknights are Azeroths beatcops
Now that's some heavy irony
>>
What will Alleria do when she finds out what became of her people and little sisters while she was off sucking human cock?
>>
>>50753163
>implying she's not already dead
>>
File: serveshimright.jpg (209KB, 1920x1072px) Image search: [Google]
serveshimright.jpg
209KB, 1920x1072px
Serves him right! He trusted an orc!
>>
>>50753198
fuck pandas anyway desu
Garrosh did nothing wrong
>>
>>50753198
hope they killed that fat fuck.
Pandas rile me up for some reason.
>>
>>50752579
>The only reason civilians were a thing was because the alliance evacuated them.

And why did they evacuate them? Could it have had anything to do with Garrosh giving them days of notice that he was going to besiege the city before the bomb dropped?
>>
>>50753143
Black dragons may as well be sterile, there are only 3 confirmed still alive and they're all dudes.
>>
>>50754327
no, that had to do with baine warning them against garrosh's orders.
>>
>>50739075
Alright, here goes!

>WoW Vanilla
>Stormwind, Stromgarde and Kul'Tiras re-form the shattered alliance with THORAS TROLLBANE YEAH as the initiator, swearing to liberate the living people under undead rule in Lordaeron and restoring his best friend Terenas' legacy
>Kul'Tiras still applies pressure on Durotar because fuck these green chimps, although Jaina manages to contain the conflict to mere skirmishes
>The Forsaken consist of undead trying to remain free and living revolutionists who want away with monarchy, so Stromgarde's Alliance has to fight both undead corruption and human separationist movements in order to reclaim Lordaeron
>Gilneas is being a huge dickhead and waits who the winner is, only using military force to secure its own borders
>Meanwhile the Cult of the Damned and remaining Scourge have a fairly easy time holing up in EPL, although the Scarlet Crusade is pressuring them as well as supporting independent living rebels under Scourge rule
>Across the pond is the orcish Horde in Durotar are making the best of living in the fucking desert because Thrall said so
>Orcs try to return to clan-system, with sorta-new clans being formed from orcs whose clans were destroyed then absorbed by the larger ones with the formation of the Horde
>Bleeding Hollow chill out with Darkspear and Stonemaul in Dustwallow, occasionally go and shit Theramore's ships up
>Reformed Thunderlord police the Barrens and butt heads with Centaur and Razorbacks
>Frostwolf have retreated to Stonetalon Mountains together with remaining Shadowmoon shamans, although their peace is fragile because of past grudges
>Shattered Hand are skulking about in Durotar together with a majority of still clanless orcs
>Warsong are still partying it up with Nelves in Ashenvale, which riles up the Sentinels and their Ashenvale native allies
>They slowly secede from the Horde bc Thrall doesn't want to let them have fun

[cont.]
>>
>>50740904
>as some of those from BEM were later in Badlands or Twilight Highlands.
Wut?
Also, what about 2 Black Dragons from WotLK?
>>
>>50754678
Some of the Black Dragons from Blade's edge mountains, i.e the ones serving under Sabellion (although I suspect they weren't his immediate children, rather simply dragons who served him because Deathwing said to) came back to Azeroth in Cata, specifically the one's who you fought up in that bit with the crystals and genius ogres running around.
>>
>>50754607
>There's diplomatic relations with Blackrock Orcs but Rend is an asshole to Thrall so they're always unwelcome guests in Orgrimmar
>Tauren are having some internal conflicts because Magatha is furiously tsundere for Cairne's mighty cock and is drawing support away from his leadership.
>They're only held together because Centaurs are still huge assholes who raid and kill and they accept a centralised command is necessary for their survival
>Meanwhile Razorbacks are stealing shit from the Tauren while they're buisy fighting for their lives to use against Thunderlord orcs
>Night Elves, and Tyrande especially, are seriously pretty angry at the Warsong, who obviously use their deforestation as an excuse to provoke a fight
>They decide to be very thorough and make deals with Satyr witches and hexers, although they strongly police the goats to make sure they don't just sacrifice everyone to some imp
>Warsong chimp out because "DEEEEEEMONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!", see even more reason to start fights
>Surviving Furbolgs are rounded up and sent in as suicide commandoes because FUCK FURBOLGS
>Malfurion is seriously furious because his people are employing very unsavory methods despite better moral judgement, he decides to fuck off and meditate in the emerald dream where Xavius attempts to throttle him with demon tentacles, which is actually a plot by the Satyrs
>Darkspear, as already mentioned, are chilling out in Dustwallow, and apart from Zan'zil stealing people and turnign them into voodoo zombies there's not all that much going on except the occasional employ to help the Bleeding Hollow raid Theramore's goods
>Attempts to connect with other Troll tribes on Kalimdor go slow and unsteady because Dark Trolls are too primitive and angry for diplomacy and Sandtrolls have a superiority complex that doesn't allow them to approach the Darkspear on an equal footing
>There's rumours going on about a star exploding on an island off Kalimdor's western coast

[cont.]
>>
>>50754771
>Burning Crusade
>The Forsaken are slowly gaining ground because their living members infiltrate Gilneas, who is the most oppressive kingdom up until this point, and rally the commonfolk against Genn Greymane
>Gilneas is on the verge of collapse because despite thorough military patrols, Worgen snuck into the kingdom and now they got a straydog problem on top of insurgency
>Stromgarde's Alliance is spread thin but badassly defends Hillsbrad and has even fortified positions in the ruined Dalaran, with remaining Kirin Tor flocking together to bolster the military hold out
>Suddenly MORE DEMONS start to appear in the city and the badassery intensifies
>Kael'thas returns through a portal from outland and establishes contact with Silvermoon, offering them new ways to sate their magical hunger after the implosion of the Sunwell
>Sealing demons then slowly sucking them dry is the new trend in Soviet Silvermoon, where demon is consumed by you!
>Farstriders don't condone this behaviour and try to drink from the leylines in the land, the two philosophies clash and further destabilise the already shaken elven society
>The rumours of an exploding star are semi-true: Draenei have appeared through a one-way teleport on Azuremyst isle, although just a small military expedition. They have actually been exploring and fortifying their position for a while now, with the large flash being the coming of the main force
>They set up outposts on the Zoram-strand in Ashenvale and the Sar'theris-Strand in Desolace
>They get along fairly well with the Tauren but immediately start throwing triggerfits when they encounter orcs
>Simultaneously, Night Elves are throwing the Eredar-card against Draenei, suspecting another ruse
>The Dark Portal opens because Legion agents on Outland are trying to push into Azeroth and contact various other groups, among which Satyrs are a major part

[cont.]
>>
>>50755007
>Draenei hear of the Dark Portal opening and start petitioning for allies to reach their people left behind on Draenor, while Kael'thas is rallying his Belves to support Illidan in Hellfire Citadel as the latter is under serious attack from Kil'Jaeden's dispatched troops
>The elders of the orc-clans are demanding a return to outland as they feel disconnected from Azeroth as their home, while younger orcs are indifferent to the social issue but are inspired to fight against demons to avenge their past corruption, kind of forgetting that the orcs gladly bought into the deal
>So the Horde and Kul'tiras are at it again because Orcs want ships that lead them to the Eastern Kingdoms and Daelin won't have none of that foolishness in his house!
>Jaina tries to persuade him and convince him that "the orcs just wanna go home, pa!", but fails
>Kul'tiras has amassed troops and supplies and starts occupying basically all ports of Durotar and the Barrens, spreading thin in the process
>Thrall has no choice but to make concessions to the Blackrock in exchange for troops, lets Rend become military overlord for the duration of breaching the seablockade and lead an orcish strikeforce to Draenor
>Thoras meanwhile has Stormwind gather a military expedition of their own to go to Outland and hopefully find traces of his son and any other survivors of the old guard
>Falstad sends Wildhammer emissaries to help find traces of Kurdran, bringing Aerie Peak forces into the Alliance expedition, who in turn are the foot in the door to get Ironforge to support materiel and personnel for the battle
>Illidan offers Hellfire citadel as staging point for the alliance expedition, who were conveniently joined by the Draenei, as well, in exchange to protect his little demonic fiefdom
>Kil'jaeden's troops are pushed back and Outland is more or less pacified, with orcish raiders under Rend Blackhand reconnecting with whatever orcs are left and establishing his own domain in Blade's Edge

[Cont]
>>
>>50755186
>Wrath of the Lich King
>Although the Forsaken have bolstered their forces, they are still majorly a guerilla force bullying the commonfolk into supporting them with supplies and retreats
>Their "conquest" of Gilneas is at a stillstand as Greymane has essentially bolted down the doors and windows and levied basically everybody and their grandmother into military service one way or another, Worgen have been brought under control and are used as warhound suicide squads
>The Cult and the Scourge are suddenly bursting forth in great numbers as Arthas has decided to get up from his years of frozen potty training and all the troops he mustered are funnelled into the EPL through Stratholme
>Scarlet Crusade is on the verge of collapse and petitions the still weakened Stromgarde for aid, whose forces are only now returning from Outland and are heavily decimated
>Forces against Forsaken are withdrawn, leaving Dalaran again for the picking, Kirin Tor are majorly pissed but take whatever they can in an orderly manner and trot along to help fight the Scourge
>Kalimdor sees a rise of undead Razorbacks as the Scourge has been helping them to reclaim the Barrens against the Thunderlords, demanding additional troops to secure Lordaeron for Arth'zhul after their position is secure.
>Night Elves are spiralling further down a path of the Dark Side of Nature through the plotting of the Satyrs, making pacts with the Razorbacks to push against Warsong an all orcs in the process
>Thrall is essentially fucked because Rend stole a sizeable portion of his available military, so he has to bite the bullet and embrace that Warlocks and their occult knowledge are invaluable in fighting both undead and satyrs
>Both Alliance and Horde decide in order to apprehend the newly active Scourge, they must cut off the head from the snake
>Drek'thar leads a strikeforce to Northrend, together with Sally Whitemane as the Scarlet Speartip, to kill the Lich King

[cont.]
>>
>>50755282
>The Forsaken have been completely overrun by the sheer numbers of the Scourge and Cult subterfuge and are holed up in the Undercity, waiting out the storm
>Magatha, who had also been in cahoots with Scourge necromancers, is bitchslapped around by Cairne, calling her out on her bullshit. She loses all her political support and is incarcerated, although many call for her blood, but Cairne can't bring himself to execute her
>Thoras is killed under suspicious circumstances and his son Galen rises up to the challenge, but seems failing as ogres and the Syndicate are destabilising Stromgarde's forces
>Varian returns but is utterly overwhelmed by how corrupt and divided Stormwind is, faces undead forces assaulting from Duskwood
>Kul'tiras is still recovering from their losses against the Blackrock Offensive in Kalimdor, slowly losing their grip on Theramore, whatever forces that remained stationed at home are reluctantly dispatched to help keep Stromgarde together and pacify Stormwind
>Meanwhile on Northrend: A fine example of "setting aside differences" as Sally Whitemane has to take over the remains of a failed first offensive against Icecrown where Drek'thar has died. She whips the Orcs and Humans back in order and begins a gruelling guerilla war against the Scourge at its heart, slowly but steadily breaking through
>She gains support from Nerubians and Ice Trolls, the latter being pretty firmly established in Zul'Drak and providing a homebase while Nerubians and their tunnel network allow for quick hit-and-run deployments
>Eventually, Sally shatters the gates to Icecrown, marches up the stairs and fucking smites Arth'zhul, breaking the crown of domination in the process
>The Scourge falls apart, with the absolute majority of undead going into a feral frenzy, lashing out in a heavy metal kind of hell massacre against eachother as well as every other target in sight
>The joint Orc-Human operation is swept away under the sheer ferocity of the undead
>>
>>50754678
The female one that was in Dragon tower (forgot name) was killed in Wrathion's dagger questline.
The male one from Obsidian Dragonshrine is unconfirmed.
>>
>>50755470
Aftermath
>The Scourge is destroyed and rogue necromancers try to pick up the piece from their hideouts, while Kel'Thuzad and the Cult of the Damned plot to avenge the murder of their godking
>The feral undead masses are culled, while Northrend is forever off-limits

>Cataclysm
>Earthquakes!
>Gilneas breaks off from Lordaeron at the border, saving them from a newly emboldened Forsaken offensive
>Become an island nation with just a bunch of chain bridges connecting them to the mainland
>They desperately call to Kul'Tiras for aid, so Daelin uses his maritime leverage to coerce Gilnean military to support Stromgarde and a failing prince Galen
>Genn is pissed but accepts
>Meanwhile the Shamans and Druids at Stonetalon try to figure out what is causing the earthquakes
>It's Deathwing - At war with other black dragons!
>The Earthwarder has claimed rulership of the remaining black dragonflight, but the majority of them feel utterly disconnected from their patron aspect and refuse to submit
>Their war in deepholm disrupts the wards on the elemental planes caging the elemental lords, which they use as opportunity to send armies forth to help break their jails for good
>Malfurion wakes up from the Emerald Dream and is super pissed because he almost got strangled to death by hentai props
>He realises that it's time to StormRAGE for once, summons the powers of the darkest corners of the earth
>His mystical power inverts the fel within the Satyrs, essentially making them without energy to cast any demonspells whatsoever
>He and Tyrande have the mightiest marital fight ever in the history of always, splitting druids and sentinels in the process
>Malfurion offers Satyrs a deal: To refuse all things demonic and help him murder Xavius wherever he hides or be crushed by thornvines then consumed by shadowy forest spirits
>Cue 'redeemed' Satyrs using their theoretical knowledge to help Malfurion hunt down Xavius and apply RULES OF NATURE

[Cont.]
>>
>>50753163
Cry with Vareesa about stuff 'n things, then vow to put her other sister's soul to rest by hunting down this "Banshee queen" that has perverted Sylvanas's name and memory.
>>
>>50755988
>After hearing of Drek'thar's death, Thrall decides he's had enough and declares the position of Warchief nill, let's the clans do whatever the fuck they want
>Goes to Stonetalon to mourn the death of his spiritual mentor and meditate on the cataclysm
>Cairne gets assassinated by a gang of dissatisfied Grimtotem who want to free Magatha, she commits suicide hearing her greatest frienemy has been murdered
>Baine is furious and kicks all Grimtotem out, those who don't leave fast enough hang from the totems in Thunder Bluff
>Grimtotem start an uprising against the unjust treatment civil war in Thunder Bluff ensues
>Darkspear get contacted by Gurubashi emissaries asking for new diplomatic relations, Vol'jin keeps it ambiguous not knowing how certain their future with the Orcs is now that Thrall is gone
>Forsaken, after their miraculously failed attempt for a final push in Gilneas, have finally a bit of respite seeing how their greatest enemies have either vanished or are too occupied to deal with them
>They slowly gather up all the rogue necromancers and newly freed undead they can find and start to plunder Dalaran for whatever magical trinket they can find
>Also now Sylvanas petitions for diplomacy with Silvermoon, where Kael'thas' new felpowered society has come to an uneasy truce between Farstriders and Blood Elves, the two powers slowly but surely splitting the EPL between themselves
>Thanks to the natural disasters shaking up Azeroth, major traderoutes are severely damaged
>The Goblin Tradeprinces jump on this opportunity like an Elf on Human cock and establish their own means of transportation for use by others, making ridiculous cash in the process
>Eventually, the black dragon war ends with Deathwing dead and the other aspects finally having the balls to come out of hiding, helping the mortal races to heal the land back at least a tiny bit

I'll disregard Pandaria because it's not really a sensible fit for my narrative, and WoD for obvious reasons.
>>
>>50756044
The irony of this is we're more likely to kill Vareesa first before Sylvanas.
>>
>>50756169
>>Cairne gets assassinated by a gang of dissatisfied Grimtotem who want to free Magatha, she commits suicide hearing her greatest frienemy has been murdered
>>Baine is furious and kicks all Grimtotem out, those who don't leave fast enough hang from the totems in Thunder Bluff
I'd swap these. Cairne gets killed, so Baine and the Bloodhoofs hold a pogrom on the remaining Grimtotems and Magatha
>>
>>50756169
>Legion
>The world has had some time to heal from the Cataclysm
>Varian has drained the swamp, but is immensely indepted to Kul'Tiras for keeping Stormwind together
>Danath finally returns to Stromgarde, although with terrible news: Outland has fallen, the Legion is assembling massive armies and has crushed Hellfire citadel, sending Illidan's forces scattered across the land
>He comes to prepare Stromgarde for the Legion's coming, replaces Galen who is pretty happy not being pressured anymore, although he just started to get the hang of being king
>Faces tremendous dept to Kul'Tiras
>Gilneas is Daelin's bitch
>It's pretty much the Alliance of Kul'Tiras now
>Jaina contacts her father, telling him of magical irregularities at the Broken Isles and trollish assaults at Theramore
>He cashes in all his dept to ship soldiers off to Theramore for protection and holds council where to effectively hold off the demons, decide to focus on the dark portal
>Thrall comes out of retirement, dusts off the black plate and slaps a few orc chiefs around because THE DEMONS ARE RETURNING
>Rallies the Tauren under Baine who has become one BAMF fighting and pacifying Mulgore, his advisor is Rahauro who holds the Grimtotem in check
>The reformed Horde goes on an adventure! Destination: Broken Isles
>Before they go does Thrall approach Malfurion's druids
>Malfurion sees reason, summons his druids to help him find his estranged wife
>Tyrande has been withdrawn for a while now, seeing what her stubbornness cost her and meditating at the Temple of Elune, leaving her Sentinels in the care of Shandris
>Shandris has been refusing occultists all this time, essentially leaving the Sentinels without any sorcery whatsoever save for a bit of Dryad help
>They manage to bring Tyrande out of her depression, she rallies the Night Elves as awesome amazon princess to go to the Broken Islands
>The Kalimdorians encounter an old friend

[cont.]
>>
>>50756325
>Illidan has taken great pains to escape the Legion a fourth (?) time now, journeying to the Broken Isles, hoping to sink them beneath the sea with Outlandish artifacts
>He does this in order to prevent the Legion from resurrecting the Avatar of Sargeras or somehow accessing his vast power
>Thrall, Baine and Tyrande protect the Stormrage brothers until they reach the Tomb of Sargeras, there they must find one last piece to the puzzle
>Orcs, Tauren and Night Elves are locked in bloody massacre against Demonhordes as the mightiest mysticists on the planet must overcome their inner demons and differences and an encroaching madness in order to process the Avatar's energies into something they can use
>As they emerge again, powered up and ready, they see that the Legion is here in full force and it's impossible for them to defeat them and walk away
>Malfurion and Illidan will sink the isles with the Demons on it, so the rest must flee to the ships and escape home
>As the purple twins are channelling the most devastating spell wrought by mortal hands in written history, Tyrande cries "I love you!", to which both reply "I know"
>The isles sink beneath crashing waves as the ships sail away, Thrall dying from a spear that ran him through the back, much like the last Warchief so many years ago
>Meanwhile in the Blasted Lands: Danath is coordinating the defenses against the forces coming through the Dark Portal
>Genn and Varian are constantly at eachother's throats, the old wolf constantly contesting Danath's command while the young lion is fiercely supporting it
>Draenei refugees, whatsoever capable, have decided to help in the defense of Azeroth, seeing how Outland appears lost for good this time
>They decide that the portal MUST be closed this time, by whatever means necessary
>Khadgar and Velen stand right in the middle of the archway, pulling the rift closed and sealing it
>The feedback of demonic energy sucks all life out of them

[cont.]
>>
>>50756513
>Aftermath
>With the Legion presumed sealed out of Azeroth for good, the Alliance is lifted, although Kul'Tiras still has strong influence on the other kingdoms
>Thrall is burned on the largest fire Durotar has ever seen, hailed as the greatest Warchief that has ever taken leadership
>The clans disperse, again, but this time honour their dead hero by trying to attempt peaceful solutions, first, before swinging their axes
>Tyrande returns and is heartbroken, still takes her role as the leader of her people
>With the Warsong at least numerically too weak to stage anymore than the occasional brawl, the Sentinels can ease up a bit
>Meanwhile the Forsaken and Silvermoon have been firmly establishing their rule and, while being too few in numbers to flourish their military, undertake many covert-ops to maintain that Stromgarde and Gilneas remain too weak to attempt any reclamation of Lordaeron
>In the midst of all of this, the Darkspear trolls have slowly but steadily built up their strength through diplomacy with the Gurubashi
>The launch a full-on attack on Theramore, Jaina and her people try to escape and find shelter with the Orc clans where they're treated like second-class citizens
>Daelin is super angry at this and musters a force to at least get Theramore's people home and makes plans to reconquer Theramore, fuck up some trolls and kick the orcs in the balls for good measure
>Unseen by all, Xavius conspires with Dal'Rend Blackhand who has become a superdemon fel orc, to create their own demonworshipping strip of land in Azeroth from where they will conquer the planet for their demon overlords.

And this concludes my reboot up until this point. Thank you for reading.
>>
>>50754139
you can let them kill him but its not cannon
>>
>>50756695

Your reboot looks dandy. Some questions:

1. Where are the Old Gods? Are they around or are you just keeping them in the background?

2. What about background elements like how magic works, the Titans, etc.?
>>
>>50756812
fuck
why don't the fat retards just die?
>>
>>50757023
I liked them better when they were that super rare joke race living in an separated island.
>>
>>50756829
Thank you

1. I forgot about them, honestly. As in I was so preoccupied with filling the posts with so much it just didn't occur to me that they were missing.

As such I'd say they are the same tentacle spectacle they've always been, sans voidlord shenanigans. They're ancient physical beings capable of great sorcery, but since their magic transcends them from mere physicality they can feed on the supernatural, which is ultimately what they want - To feed and sustain themselves

2. I'm an advocate of keeping magic as inherently neutral as possible. That means just because you tap the kool aid once or go to the shadowy part of the moon for a bit you're not eternally lost forever. That also means that things like elementals, demons, shadowborne and various naturally occurring undead aren't always plotting to subdue all free people, they just want to continue existing, which they do with varying degrees of malice and indifference to your suffering.

Back to how magic works: I wrote a lengthy series of posts concerning the leylines of the world as my favourite obscure bit of sorcery in Azeroth. Chronicles says that Azeroth has the most "spirit" element out of many planets, which gives life and animates otherwise inanimate objects and frenzies otherwise docile creatures like elementals. I say we turn "spirit" into "Arcane" and it flows through the leylines like blood through vessels. From the Arcane spring the elementals, spirits, and otherworldly creatures with whom you may strike deals or collaborate through meditation to cast spells (Shamans, Druids, Warlocks). It is also the Arcane that resonates with the emotions of mortals, who through intense mental focus may access it in an altered shape (Priests, Paladins, Monks, "Psychics") while it requires intense academic training to apply the Arcane directly in its pure form and contain it (Mages, Necromancers, Runesmiths). As such, Arcane is the source of all miraculous and magical, like a noblebright warp.
>>
>>50757117
Speaking of the Titans, I don't actually see them as all that important. Sure, they're the reason that elemental lords and old gods are sealed away, but I can't come up with a sound reason why they'd come to Azeroth that isn't some far-fetched explanation that includes some unwarranted benevolence of a species with super power level.

A possible approach could be:
>Titans are, much like demons, creatures that must sustain themselves
>They are spacefaring creatures that connect with the planet of their choosing to harvest a portion of its spirit, seeing how overt consumption would just drain the world dry and leave them without a sustainable source
>Azeroth is so strong it can support five Titans all at once!
>Old Gods intervene because fuck you that's our Arcane spirit
>Titans fight a war and leave stores of Titanforged, Mekkagnomes, Mogu and Earthen behind to secure the planet and ensure it's safety
>Sargeras is patroling the source planets, fights demons to make sure the other titans have ample supply
>His own world gets sucked dry by demons, he retaliates by warding them all to the barren rock
>Wanders, ultimately suffering because he cannot sustain himself
>Occasionally gets scraps from other Titan source worlds
>Kil'Jaeden and Tichondrius fuck him up by telling him he'd never have to thirst if he just conquered all the worlds for himself
>Sargeras: The Legioning of the Burn happens
>Saggy Rash is on an eternal crusade to purge worlds of life as he compensates for aeons of hunger, pulling behind him a score of demons with the worst munchies in the galaxy
>The Titan race is dying out because Sargeras kills all their sourceworlds
>Eventually kills the Pantheon and eats them because he can't eat Azeroth because he doesn't know where exactly it is up until the War of the Ancients.
>>
>>50727334
>Warlock: an average episode of Superjail
>DK: Kicking ass and rezing horsemen
>DH: The search for Illidan part 1
>Hunter: REMOVE HAKKAR remove hakkar, you are worst demon
>Shamans: How to train your pet elemental lords
>Warrior: Bearded man in the sky decides your the strongest person alive and gives you a free viking army
>Rouge: Where in the world is Carmen, .. I mean Detheroc?
>Monk: Superbad with deamons
>Mage: Find out first hand why there is such a massive turnover rate of guardians of tirisfal
>Paladin: Watch as blizzard fucks you over and over again
>Priests: We're in a spaceship. It's much lamer than the DH one, but there you have it.
>>
>>50757465
meant for
>>50728474
>>
>>50757465
>Paladin: Watch as blizzard fucks you over and over again
>Priests: Watch as blizzard fucks Paladins over and over again.

ftfy
>>
>>50757117

I can get cutting out the Old Gods if you're trying to keep the Legion/Sargeras as the sure Master of Evil in the setting. I was just wondering.

Last question. What was with Sally Whitemane being such a big deal in WotLK? It looks like an odd option, if different.
>>
What's the actual best system for running a Warcraft game?

Would 5e D&D handle it pretty well?
>>
>>50758504
I don't mind Old Gods in a lower power level. I'm just fed up with BBEGs having some grand design scheme that is somehow tied to the universe. Something simple and petty but understandable is never out of style, like being so hungry you wanna eat a planet.

As for Sally: fanservice, mostly. Actually make that fanservice, majorly. There's some shaky logic that I had in the back of my head, such as her being second-ish enough in the higher ranks of the crusade to be trusted with such an important mission but disposable enough to potentially be lost in Northrend while the actual topdogs remain in Lordaeron and command the majority of the crusade's military. However my knowledge on the Crusade isn't too good, so it's probably better to just see it as fanservice and move on.
>>
>>50729678
Do you even kaldorei lore falamam
>>
>>50759846
Yes I do.

Are you gonna nail me on canon? Because guess what: Fuck canon. I was asked to do a reboot, so I get to post shitty fan fiction all I want and if my fanfiction says I want the ugly goatpeople to make up with purple forest niggers then they will do just that.

Also I explained in >>50757117 that I view magic as inherently neutral, that includes "demon" magic. So Satyrs being all demon-y is not as bad as in canon.

You're really just posting to piss on my shoes, don't you?
>>
>>50759964
Well its a bit stupid, I mean why would the satyrs exist then? Why would they use fel magic?

I would just make the cenarion circle stay as an nelf institution and all nord kalimdor being elf nation
>>
>>50760082
Good question, here's a possible reply:
So the first Satyrs are, in fact, spawned by Sargeras changing Xavius' coven. After the WotA, this coven is scattered. I do believe that an ideological split within this coven happens, which leads to a majority of the coven breaking away from the diehard doomsday worshippers, and many independent groups spring up who use the Fel as legitimate magical school but do not subscribe to the idea that Sargeras and the Legion are their masters. A select few may even have so much regrets that they try to return to Nelf society, doing their best to use their theoretical knowledge of the occult to help create wards against any possible demonic incursion, Legion affiliated or not. Now they're stuck in their goatbodies and just decide to move on, making the most of it.

So the next step is 10'000 years of these covens developing their own culture, and as each coven consists of individuals with varying degrees of bitterness located in different areas with varying degrees of tolerance, I am certain that Satyrs may have made amends as scary spooky witchdoc kind of arcanists to neighbouring Nelf villages, which allows for at least neutral interaction on a regular basis between the races. As such, at the end of 10'000 years of at least a variety of social relations between the two, still harbouring a definite racial hate against eachother is actually the far fetched conclusion, not that these races make up and have a distinct perception of eachother.

With that in mind, I still gave the canon a good bit of weight in my fiction, stating that Satyrs are still treated like second-class citizens and major figures like Malfurion regarding them with suspicion and disdain, and Tyrande not being too happy either. She however was awake during 10'000 years and has more often than not seen that the Satyrs can be helpful and therefore has a less strict view of them. Their employ is essentially a forced levy of troops who are under extra policing
>>
>>50760469
Addendum: I also really hate Furbolgs. In the instance that they are all irreversibly and utterly fucking insane in the membrane, using their incredible frenzy as suicide shocktroops seems the most logical option in a war where you're trying to really shit somebody else up, plus it keeps the homicidal not!Ewoks out of your frontlawn.
>>
You just have the same problem Blizzard have, humanizing the elves and all the other races. How a being of more than 12000 years act like humans.

Thats why the Alliance is now just the Awesome Humans and their Magical Friends.

The story till warcraft 3 frozen throne was good, WoW killed the lore.

In this matter Elder Scrolls does a bit better with elves being really different to humans.
>>
>>50760682
I think you're wrong. If at all, Blizzard isn't humanising them enough, because they conveniently stop at the point where human behaviour would interfere with their neatly laid out schematics for world building.

You see you may protest all you want, as soon as you define a race as made from flesh and blood and being pushed out of a vagina after a period of pregnancy after an act insemination and capable of human speech and human thought, guess what it is fucking human. You can alter certain thought patterns and some raw bits, like being pathologically bad at expressing and processing emotion and non-verbal communication, but you'll never take away that such a human brain will undergo phases of maturity and in these phases of maturity will perceive the world around them with variation and distinction.

If it weren't elves evolved from trolls evolved from primates, I would actually agree with you to an extent, making Nelves an assembly of otherworldly and disconnected guardian drones would be absolutely correct. However we've been delivered a history, with elves evolving from flint using trolls to a continental superpower that ended in a typical peak of decadence before it all collapsed, so I have no reason to treat them as anything but a humanoid people.
>>
>>50754337
Nether Drakes are just mutated Black Dragons. Wrathion and Sabellian could learn some Tauren pickup lines from Ebonhorn and go nab some Nether Drake consorts. The old guy's been around since WotA, so he must know some good ones
>>
>>50761029
Think Sabellian is just as old isn't he?

And I doubt its that that is holding him back, if anything it would be the whole, my mate was impaled on a spike by a giant ogre, alongside our children.
>>
>>50760948
It's more that your perception of time would be very different if you're immortal who'se lived for 10 000 years than if you live to about 100 at most. Waiting for several decades or centuries for something would be no problem, and passage of single year would come across as a very short time, relative to the time you've been alive.
Plus being able to see within your own lifespan the progression of events that occur on a geologic scale would give you a very different perspective of the world around you. If Night Elves existed in reality, Tyrande would be old enough that she'd have experienced the end of the last ice age.
>>
>Khadgar has a new waifu getting along with him in Draenor
>She gets hold of a magic orb
>Betrays everyone and turns to the Legion to destroy Azeroth and the universe

Garithos was right
>>
>>50761237
Alright, there's these people who live for 10'000 years, perpetually youthful at the peak of their mental capability. These people, if they every so often looked outside their borders and checked what's going on, which I believe the Nelves did every once in a while, they definitely have seen the "lesser mortals" and the rise and fall of their societies, giving them a very good look at how relations between people change.

While we're on the subject of immortality or extreme longevity, as far as I am aware only a very small number of Satyrs are equally long lived like the Nelves. So that would mean that basically all but maybe a dozen or so Satyrs in Azeroth's history are actually alive to even hold the same grudges, which means that Satyrs are very well capable to have shifts of opinion happen as new generations replace the old one.

So with one side changing and the other side realising that change in people is possible, and even assuming that there were Satyrs around who weren't sworn enemies to the Nelves when the social separation happened, I don't see why it should be impossible for two races who have had a hostile past to come to an understanding, especially when that hostile past was a month, at best, during the War of the ancients.

Now don't get me wrong. You will STILL have Satyrs that want to skin Night elves alive and cook their skulls and carve their bones with love letters to Kil'Jaeden. It just means that now, you will actually have to use your brain and remember which ones they are and which ones can actually help you in a pinch when you're getting gangraped by fel-powered wildlife.
>>
>>50761360
I am extremely miffed that they didn't do more with the Warden as aspect of Nelf society and I miss their style. Like Demon Hunters, they were so completely anathema to the whole innawoods hippies with bows theme, they were almost like a dying order of an age gone by from when the Nelves had a culture of global importance.
>>
>>50760948

The thing is that they were portrayed as guardians more or less drones of the forest, xenophobic.

Also the evolution from the trolls if just a theory.
Elune has an elf form, she is a divinity, Cenarius is her son, half stag and half nelf. She created the kaldorei at her image. Checkmate atheistsm evolution did not occur they were created

Also they are humanized, they just are like portrayals of different human sterotypes and really have no essence.

Greatest example the gnomes.
>>
File: Jin'rokh_the_Breaker.jpg (120KB, 1039x758px) Image search: [Google]
Jin'rokh_the_Breaker.jpg
120KB, 1039x758px
>>50761764
If Elune made da Night Elves in her image, den why is dere a robe ya can find wit Archaeology featurin' her symbol alongside dose a' multiple Loa, mon?
>>
>>50761795

Those retconning archaelogy artifacts dont need to apply, like the one that celebrates that females could be druids and males priests. Great archeological artifact of 8 years of antiquity. (When they realized doing WoW they couldnt restrict classes to character sex or there would be shitstorm)

Also explain why Ulduar have images of night elves AND trolls as separated species. Dont you have a fedora to tip?
>>
>>50761795
Honestly think that aspect of the lore, Elune being a Loa that gained increased importance as the society turned away from polythism towards monotheism, is the most interesting think to come out recently.
>>
>>50761841
>implying anyone outside Gadgetzan or the Explorers' League wears fedoras

>tips_tiki_mask.gif
>>
>>50761841
I dunno, why is it noted that there was a population of Dark Trolls around the Well of Eternity? Why do Dark Trolls and Night Elves have the same sleep cycle and skin tone? Why is it that Wild Gods, revered by the Night Elves, are also counted among the Loa? Furthermore, Troll tusks grow from the upper jaw - Night Elf fangs are easily these same tusks, but reduced to the size of slightly-elongated fangs.

tl;dr, NElves are mutated trolls and Elune is a Naaru, Tyrande. Just accept it.
>>
>>50761948
EXPLAIN CENARIUS AND THE DRYADS THEN

CHECKMATE ATHEISTS
>>
>>50761764
You know what really the thing is? Now that I think about it, proper humanisation would not even go against forest drones. I mean TES bosmer are a pretty good example as a basic outline of a culture relying a lot on their forest homeland and all the cultural curiosities that such a dependency brings.

So yeah, we have a superficial humanisation with the authors going the length to try and give them individual personalities, but stop at the responsibility to really flesh out the background from which those presonalities come.
>>
>>50762145
Explain why dragons like to turn into gnomes and humans and shit

>I'm a divine/ semi divine being I do what I want
>>
>>50761360
that whole plot was fucking stupid, but at least Cordana was a good boss at the end
>>
>>50761948
>Why is it that Wild Gods, revered by the Night Elves, are also counted among the Loa?
to be fair, literally any being powerful enough to be worthy of worship is a Loa, from Hakkar to Sargeras to the Light
>>
>>50761764

It's not like the Blood Elves weren't declawed too. I say Blizzard has an issue with turning playable Elves into the softened up Tolkien DnDish mold. Frankly, neither the Night Elves or Blood Elves have worked as members of the factions.
>>
>>50764233
What do you mean? Dont you see Tyrande bowing to the High King of the Alliance Anduin like... super awesome???
>>
>>50764233
Night elves should have been neutral from the start and blood elves should have been in the game an expansion before joining a faction and becoming playable
>>
>>50764474

Anduin is a trash character and so is Varian.

>>50764587

>neutral Night Elves

Better go full without factions.

> blood Elves

They shouldn't have joined either faction.
>>
>>50765794
I'm fine with blood elves in the Horde, but it was written in a way that didn't really make sense

>we need to join a faction to be safe from the ??? that's threatening us. wtf I love orcs now
>>
This is literally canon lore right now, except instead of the Alliance being the IMPLIED good guys, they're blatantly the good guys.

And even more Horde characters die. Also not sure how Sally Whitemane managed to do what Tirion couldn't even with Ashbringer. It took a literal miracle to kill Arthas.
>>
>>50755470
>Uther killed by DK Arthas
>Whitemane waltzes into the heart of his power and kills him

Nice

>>50756513
So between Thrall, Cairne, and Drek'thar, Horde characters more or less just die, while Alliance ones do all sorts of cool stuff and if they die, they do it in some glorious sacrifice?

Have you considered applying for a writing post at Blizzard?
>>
>>50757117
>Chronicles says that Azeroth has the most "spirit" element out of many planets
Actually, it said that due to the presence of World-Soul, the amount of Spirit is rather low, which means that Decay is in advantage, which is why Elementals are so aggressive and destructive.
>>
>>50760948
>elves evolving from flint using trolls
>flint using trolls
>implying
>>
>>50761841
>Ulduar
>Implying that Loken-made false history in Tribunal of Ages holds any truth
Only Discs of Norgannon in Uldum holds the truth.
>>
>What is the meaning of this, Lei Shen? What are you doing, my Mogu?
>Succeeding you, Ra-den.

>Those kingdoms shall unite. And with my Empire shall arise a new order, that will shake the very foundations of the world.
>>
Blood Elves leaving troll voodoo masks in the Night Elf camp outside Suramar is too funny.
>>
>>50768180
Actually, apparently all that stuff there was Nightborne of Suramar trolling other elves to make them go against each other. At least that's what I was told some threads ago when a screenshot of that was posted.
>>
>>50748737
>deep frier right next to register

it's like you want to get sued
>>
>>50734178
Didn't Yogg-Saron or something say the cycle will continue forever?

It's been a long time.
>>
>>50768203
Nah, nightborne provoked other elves to fight each others
>>
>>50767817
The problem isn't so much that it didn't make sense. Blizz did a decent job basically forcing their hand. The problem is the fact that it's such an awkward fit is never mentioned again.
All the inter-faction conflict is focused around the Forsaken.
No one ever mentions that the Belfs are magical crackheads who by their nature hate every race besides themselves, especially the other races of the Horde.
Instead it's been "Well you're one of us now, welcome aboard here's your nametag."
>>
>>50768072
Lei Shen did nothing wrong.
>>
>>50768540
The children of the titans will never unite and complete the work of the gods, and genocide greenskins.

>feels bad man.
>>
>>50768180
>puddle of piss labeled "replacement Sunwell"
the Nightbourne are bantz masters
>>
File: Kabal_Talonpriest_full.jpg (132KB, 768x1004px) Image search: [Google]
Kabal_Talonpriest_full.jpg
132KB, 768x1004px
>>50768598
>The children of the titans will never unite and complete the work of the gods, and genocide greenskins.
>Wanting to unite Titan-Forged
>Not wanting to include Titan-Forged of Draenor
Anyway, Da Titan-Forged are inferior beings. Da Trolls are the true masters. We be willing to include Arakkoa.
>>
>>50768665
This is the ideal bod to fight demons and tentacles. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.
>>
File: Kazakus_full.jpg (53KB, 453x605px) Image search: [Google]
Kazakus_full.jpg
53KB, 453x605px
>>50768753
>Had to suicide arcane-bomb 2 C'thraxxi, while not only being a Titan-empowered Watcher, but also holding big chunk of Titan soul
>Manages only to non-permanent kill of just one of them, while the other went to sleep after reaching Zandalare
>The former was re-killed by double-Curse of Flesh'd Vrykul descendant (only to be later properly finished by Void-infused knife, which was probably made from claw of Y'Shaarj), while the latter was killed by Amani Trolls, after it brought Silithid and Aqir to world-encompassing war against Trolls
Tyr wishes he could be half as effective as Trolls.
>>
>>50768823
>Trolls
>Lost their empire
>Used as fodder by the Mogu, a Titan-Forged race
>Get shat on on a regular basis
Trolls are super effective
>>
>>50768823
what's with kazakus anyway? is he just a dragon with a troll form instead of a human form?
>>
>>50768990
I'm guessing he's possibly one of the Black Flight's experiments of one form or another.

I think it is up to the dragon what form it takes. Alex fro example keeps the horns while Nost and his wife look like ordinaryish elves.
>>
>>50768990
It's heavily hinted that he's a dragon. His card's flavour text is something along the lines of "Attention: Kazakus is definitely NOT A DRAGON and definitely DOES NOT MANUFACTURE ILLEGAL POTIONS!". Plus one of the art pieces shows him transformed into a dragon.
>>
>>50767848
Well how did Sally do it? Arthas not having a ridiculous power level in this instance is a good start. He's still a shell made from flesh and blood swinging a sword. Sure his player can press a bunch of buttons and spam coils, but that's not how lore should work you feel me famallama?

>>50767945
>Deaths

Look, I only had so many characters per post available and it's pretty hard to tackle all these points when you also don't want to entirely shit up the thread with fanfiction with millions of posts. You can have Vol'jin do his superpowered mojomonk thing if you want or Cairne protecting Thunder Bluff against 10'000 Uruk-ha - I mean Grimtotem or some such thing, don't matter none to me.

>>50767975
Okay, I had that bit wrong. Sorry bout that.
>>
>>50768990
>>50769002
>>50769109
To me he kinda looks like Nightmare Dragon, but it's hard to tell if it's that or just Red Mana tattoos, which he also has.
>>
File: Inkmaster_Solia_full.jpg (88KB, 519x708px) Image search: [Google]
Inkmaster_Solia_full.jpg
88KB, 519x708px
>>50769885
Also, Red Mana tattoos can make you get some Old God style mutations.
>>
>>50768072
>Lei Shen: Glad you could make it Xuen
>Xuen: you watch your tone with me boy. You may be the Thunder King, but I'm still your superior as a Celestial
>>
>>50770859
>I order you to enslave those Pandaren
>Enslave them? Have you gone mad?
>Have I? By the authority of having Ra-den's power, I hereby relieve you and other Celestials of your duty!
>>
>>50771302
>Lei Shen: Everyone with the will to enslave this land, follow me. The rest of you? Get out of my sight
>Lei Shen: Shaohao?
>Emperor Shaohao: I'm sorry Xuen, I can't watch you do this
>>
>>50768665
what if the original Apexis were Titanforged? It might explain why they were so advanced but mysteriously disappeared
>joining the Army of the Light to actually, successfully complete the work of the gods
>>
>>50771898
Apexis crystals cause increase of intellect by proximity. Examples:
>Apexis was Arakkoa civilisation with Sun Rays and magical Golems
>Saberon Shaman had couple of crystals and got super intelligent, fortunately he was already exiled, so he had it only for himself until his services are employed
>Ogri'la use Apexis crystals and are more intelligent than non Ogre-Magi Ogre should be.
Also, it resembles history of Draenei on Argus and a crystal that caused increase of their intellect and abilities in using Arcane, including creating magical Golems.
>>
>>50771412
Wasn't Shaohao not alive yet?

Maybe it could've been Yu'lon, or even Norushen.
>>
>>50772142
>Norushen
Fits perfectly, in my opinion.
>>
>>50757465
>DK: BTFO of the Alliance Horde and Pallys all while Nazgrim discovers his autoerotic asphyxiation fetish.
>>
File: WANT.jpg (60KB, 524x292px) Image search: [Google]
WANT.jpg
60KB, 524x292px
>>50772012
>Apexis cyrstals are in fact Kyber crystals from new star wars canon
>>
>>50728875
>Neptulon
Do we get to save him from the Old Gods or something?
>>
>>50773772
Nah, we just make a summoning ritual at the Heart of Azeroth, and he shows up already saying basically "alright, alright, I heard it the first time, I know what you niggas want and I'm in". Rather disappointing, really.
>>
>>50743463
>>50744212

People complained so hard about it, specifically Watcher Ladimore, that they actually went and changed it for release with Ladimore protecting people from the rest of the Watch, all cultists now.
>>
How have we not killed Sylvanas yet? I used to think Sylvanas is cool, but I took the red pill and learned that she KNOWS that being made undead means that when you die again, you don't go to heaven or hell. You just become nothing. She knows this and still gives this curse to people, because she needs more "arrows in her quiver" (she literally refers to the Forsaken as this). Now she's trying to bring the plague back, the very plague that even Garrosh thought was too inhumane.
>>
>>50776402
Sylvanas' continued existence from WotLK onward was a mistake.
>>
>>50776425
But removing her would mean either writing a new Forsaken racial leader from whole cloth or removing an entire playable race from the game, and we can't have that.

Lore taking a backseat to gameplay and player satisfaction is a common theme.
>>
>>50776497
>But removing her would mean either writing a new Forsaken racial leader from whole cloth or removing an entire playable race from the game, and we can't have that.
the orcs didn't have a racial leader for all of WoD so that isn't a very good excuse
>>
>>50777900
Orc's lore isn't 99% centered around sucking their racial leader's cock unlike Forsaken.
>>
>>50777921
Wouldn't be very difficult to have Nathanos Betaorbiter take over and try to avenge her
or have an RAS coup after she dies
>>
>>50776402
>I used to think Sylvanas is cool, but I took the red pill and learned that she KNOWS that being made undead means that when you die again, you don't go to heaven or hell. You just become nothing. She knows this and still gives this curse to people, because she needs more "arrows in her quiver" (she literally refers to the Forsaken as this).

But that's exactly what makes her cool.
She's an evil cunt who's clever enough to get away with it.
>>
>>50779483
>She's an evil cunt who's clever enough to get away with it.
Which is fucking stupid for a faction leader. She's literally Garrosh with tits at this point. When will waifufags learn?
>>
>>50779483
>She's an evil cunt who the leader writer liked enough to let her get away with it
ftfy

I'll rejoice the day Genn Greymane puts her in the ground and Makes Gilneas Great Again.
>>
>>50780133
For a faction leader? Probably. She should have never been made warchief. That makes no sense.
But as a racial leader whose subjects are violently loyal zealots, it was a welcome change of pace.
>>
>>50776402
As much as I want her dead, it would suck as a Horde player to lose three factions leaders, almost in a row if you ignore the wet fart that was WoD. Then again Sylvanas as Warchief and the constant shilling the Forsaken get by the writers is one of the main reasons I don't play Horde anymore.
>>
>>50763868

>Trolls come across lost a Naaru
>Hey mon, check out da sparkly loa over dere
>Lets worship it
>Time passes, new trolls show up
>Why you all be wearing plate armor mon?
>We be sparkly like da Sparkly Loa mon
>Wanna see me make a glowy hammer mon?
>>
>>50781907
Didn't there used to be Troll "Paladins" called Freethinkers, whose job it was to question the Loa and make sure they led the Troll people down the right path?
>>
>>50782024
Pretty sure that's from the RPG, which is non-canon unless corroborated by one of the video games or novels. Neat idea though

There are Zandalari pseudo-paladins in ToT though. Prelates I think they're called?
>>
>>50783499
>Pretty sure that's from the RPG
Nah. I'm not sure he got the details right, but that's from the old Zandalar Paladin armor quests.
>>
>>50783932
Ah, that could be it too. It's funny who the Zandalari in vanilla were the superior race that's too smart to have petty mortal conflicts because they've already mastered every class, but come MoP they're generic mooks fleeing a dead city
>>
>>50776402
>How have we not killed Sylvanas yet?

This is strange because we know they can't remove playable races and lack proper Forsaken characters to replace her, but the shit she's been doing since Cata, especially in Legion is raid boss tier. As someone said before you could replace her with KT and there'd be no difference.
>>
>>50785173
>As someone said before you could replace her with KT and there'd be no difference.
except KT is based and Sylvanas is a cunt
>>
>>50785173

> and lack proper Forsaken characters to replace her,

Now whose fault is it that the Forsaken are written so that Sylvanas bloats out the rest of them?
>>
>>50786230
>KT quits Bolvar's Scourge, kills Sylvanas, and reforms Forsaken into bro-tier force.
>Even the most loyal of Sylvanas' supporters see this is an improvement
But how would Blood Elves react to it?
>>
>>50787083
they'd probably be pretty salty, but it's not like anyone cares about Lor'themar's feelings anyway
>>
>>50787438
>Sylvanas dies
>Lor'themar hijacks Warchief position
>KT must listen to his orders, but shows that he's pretty cool about it
Fund it.
>>
>>50787741
>the WoW fanbase accepting le ebin homosexual elf as muh manly tough warchief
>>
File: blue lava.jpg (111KB, 900x598px) Image search: [Google]
blue lava.jpg
111KB, 900x598px
Azeroth should be dead.

No, hear me out - the kind of force necessary to cause the Sundering at the end of the War of the Ancients, enough to send the furthest ends of a supercontinent flying across the world and /create new tectonic plates/, would be a catastrophe several orders of magnitude greater than the Permian-Triassic extinction event.

You know, the one that took biodiversity on Earth 10 million years to recover from in any real sense? The one where 96% of marine species and 70% of terrestrial vertebrate species were wiped out? The one that could easily have made it so that mammals and birds never so much as /existed/?

An eruption of power strong enough not to cover a supercontinent in volcanic winter (over the course of an entire million years), but outright SPLIT it into new tectonic plates? Assuming Azeroth is /about/ Earthlike in size and shape, nothing would survive. Nothing.

Either Azeroth's World-soul is strong enough to will away disasters like that while still asleep, or there was an already-awake Titan still alive to mitigate the damage.

The Cataclysm /alone/ should, with all the areas Deathwing impacted or destroyed just by writhing around in ONE SPOT, have set every civilization on Azeroth back to the Stone Age at best.

That, combined with the fact that entire kingdoms and continents are apparently so small they can be rolled over in a matter of /days/ (see Lordaeron) and a military campaign at the North Pole taking less than a year - it's just stunning, really.

That, or the laws under which planets in the Warcraft universe run are so different than the laws of physics here that questioning anything is an exercise in futility.
>>
>>50787810
Lor'themar >>>>> literal shit >>>>> Sylvanas.
>>
>Vol'jin is dead. Who here will help me avenge him?
>But first I have to fuck off and kidnap a god so I can cheat the hangman and stay out of Superhell.

Vol'jin must be rolling in his fucking grave.
>>
>>50784586

Shit happens when a giant dragon fueled by hate and rage decides to fuck up the world and turn your island into a second Nazjatar.
>>
new thread
>>50788379
>>50788379
>>50788379
>>
>>50787814
The Sundering was caused by pure magical energies of Arcane, so it wouldn't have such effects.

The Cataclysm was caused by Aspect of Earth, so while he caused the destruction, he would not devastate the world that completely, as it likely would affect him just as much.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.