[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 20

File: Troll Wars mages.jpg (49KB, 449x600px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Wars mages.jpg
49KB, 449x600px
Ritual Casting is OP edition

Discuss the lore and viability of Warcraft as a tabletop setting.

Previous thread: >>50708196
>>
>>50787814
The Sundering was caused by pure magical energies of Arcane, so it wouldn't have such effects.

The Cataclysm was caused by Aspect of Earth, so while he caused the destruction, he would not devastate the world that completely, as it likely would affect him just as much.

Not mentioning that setting isn't up to scale, so much that Broken Isles, tiny in the world sense, have areas about as big as Lordaeron.
>>
File: Ragnaros_the_Firelord_full.png (3MB, 1196x1466px) Image search: [Google]
Ragnaros_the_Firelord_full.png
3MB, 1196x1466px
>TOO SOON! YOU HAVE AWAKENED ME TOO SOON, EXECUTUS!
>>
>>50788379
Reminder that the Light has been ruined by Blizzard's retcons and lore rewriting.
>>
>>50789027
There is something on lore that was not ruined?
>>
>>50789115

Quilboar.
>>
Quick question, what's the news on people planning to RP on Nostalrius?
>>
>>50789663
Instead of giant draenei futa cocks it is gonna be about night elf beastiality.
>>
>>50789027
Has it? I think too many people mix their interpretations with the lore to ruin it more than it actually is.
>>
>>50790135
I believe most of the Lore hate has to do with people just reading the summary available online, where a lot of the stuff seems really half-assed and heartlessly implemented. As soon as you go and play and experience the lore pieces first hand, I believe they are much easier to accept.
>>
>>50789863
Why not both?
>>
>>50790295
Well, I never said a lot of ot wasn't half-assed, but I think a lot of people are too quick to assume the old lore has been dumped.

For instance,what about the Light has been ruined? The Draenei beliefs about the Light are pretty much the same as what the Humans believe, which is still essentially the same as it was described in the RPGs. Just with additional details tacked on, with the existence of things which are essentially Light Elementals.

Same really goes for the Shadow lore. I've seen plenty of idiots make the erroneous assumption that Shadow Priests are all Old God worshipers or get their power from the Old Gods, but that's never stated. Shadow and Light Priests still seem to harness their power the way they've been described to since the RPGs, since some of that lore still gets referenced ingame.
>>
File: amanthul.jpg (34KB, 300x354px) Image search: [Google]
amanthul.jpg
34KB, 300x354px
How much do you guys want to be that they are going to do a Lich King homage with Wrathion/Aman'Thul/Lei Shen?

>There can be only one true.. THUNDER KING
>>
>>50790507
What are the chances we'll ever get a new Black Dragonflight which rules over both Earth and Sky as a result of that?
>>
>>50790451
Shadowlands makes warcraft into 40k, with the Twisting nether being basically forgotten in favor of Hades waiting for everyone.
>>
File: 1223535353535.jpg (19KB, 210x266px) Image search: [Google]
1223535353535.jpg
19KB, 210x266px
>>50790594

What are the chances Wrathion, being the little shit he is, will create his own Wyrmrest Accord-like organization for the non-impotent dragonflights?

>Wyrmrest Accord dragons give up everything to stop Deathwing
>reds in particular fight tooth and nail to wipe out almost all of the black dragons
>lose their ability to breed as a result
>black dragons still get to have offspring because Deathwing never bound his powers to the Dragon Soul
>Wrathion rallies every non-Wyrmrest Accord affiliated dragonflight to follow him (Netherwing, Storm Drakes, Thorignir, stone drakes, proto drakes, maybe some not asshole Twilight and Chromatic drakes) along with other black dragons
>Wrathion's face when he tells Alex to fuck off because someone who's flight has no future doesn't have the right to tell other dragons how they must guide themselves going into the future

Alexstrasza not being able to have children anymore while Wrathion can and him gloating about it to her would be fantastic.
>>
>>50788379
Please don't forget to properly tag your generals in the subject line for easy filtering. Thank you.
>>
>>50791700
Haven't the writers shat on the dragonflights enough?
>>
>>50792043

Alexstrasza was made to be bullied.
>>
>>50792178
pls no bully
>>
>>50792178
No, she was made to be bred. And then they made her infertile (probably; I don't think it's ever actually been stated that all dragons are infertile now, but we know the blues in Azuna at least can no longer breed).
>>
>>50792389
She should take tauren mortal form instead of an elf tbqh
>>
>>50790451
In essence, you are right. NPCs ingame still practice the Light with the same intention to do good and follow a system of constructivism and community.

However, the uproar is not about the people's perception ingame, it is about the cold, hard truths of canon that come unfiltered from Blizzard, released onto the web as summary texts that they use to announce new content.. While the Naaru as Light elementals would be pretty cute and not much of a deal, the entire reasoning for their existence however is an absolute game changer.

Before the Draenei retcon, the Light used to be something that the practitioners made good, because their religious teachings helped them focus their inner devotion and willpower and use that collected mentality to cast spells that ultimately are for good. After the Draenei retcon, the Light became a force that inherently is good and that is why people worship it. We have a swap of cause and effect here, which in turn changes the otherwise fairly anthropocentric narrative of WoW into a dichotomy between objective good vs. objective evil. This takes a lot of character away from WoW as a franchise because it reduces complexity. With people such as the Scarlet Crusade wielding Light magic despite being terribly radical and violent, a lot of philosophical potential existed as to how deluded they must be to view their actions as good when they recklessly murder any living person they suspect to be plagued or an Undead sympathiser - Under the old Light lore, that is. New Light lore compresses all this into "They just tap into the Light plane lol".

And that is how a lot of people feel it was ruined.

[cont.]
>>
>>50792575
The Shadow, on the other hand, has been equally simplified. In the context of the Old magic lore, Shadow existed as a twisted and egoistic version of the Light, based on the same mechanics of devotion and willpower, with an altered religious doctrine that changed community and constructivism into a means to an end. The new magic lore defines a very clear source of Shadow and implies nothing that it is possible to tap into the Shadow without the Voidlords at least acknowledging it in some form. Again, we have the swap of cause and effect. People don't make the Shadow "evil" (for a lack of a better word), it is inherently "evil" and therefore it is used by people who want to do "evil".

This seems especially weird when things like Arcane, which used to be the inevitable gateway drug into dangerous magical practices, have been made more and more neutral by separating it from the demonic in the form of Fel, and even Fel receives more and more neutral portrayals thanks to player Warlocks maintaining a fairly good composure by willing demons into submission and stating ingame that there are demons opposed to the Burning Legion and thusly will actually help you save the world, making it apparently possible to tap the kool aid and not burst forth in all consuming anger.
>>
>>50790923
I miss the times when it was kidna-sorta-ish implied that the Twisting Nether was outer space. That was kinda cool.
>>
File: tumblr_nxlixnjpBB1twuw7ho1_1280.jpg (862KB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxlixnjpBB1twuw7ho1_1280.jpg
862KB, 800x1132px
>>50791700
>Wrathion having children
How will he and Anduin be able to procreate?
>>
>>50793258
Well Anduin is a little bitch so it wouldn't be too surprising if Wrathion gets him knocked up.
>>
>>50791700
>the "New Aspects" are Wrathion the Black, Thrymjaris the Thundering, Aeosera the Stoneskin, Zaurac the Windwing, and Neltharaku the Fel

>Chromatus is also kept in their basement as a secret weapon
>Wrathion funds Warlock experiments to stabilize the Netherwings
>Thorignir reveal how it is they've had Golganneth-power this whole time

>Alex still pouty about Wrathion not letting her raise him, especially now that she can have no more children of her own
>Wrathion spins the story so it all sounds slightly creepier than it is, because that's just the kind of thing he does

Fund it.
>>
>>50793258
Well, perhaps Sabellian has a daughter or two stashed in the safe bits of Outland. They're close cousins at furthest, sure, but the Black Dragonflight seems to have no incest taboo.

Also, Wrathion is technically still a whelp, so that's a 'not yet' thing. Seriously he's what, five years old?
>>
>>50793345

>Wrathion goes around punching proto-drakes and stone drakes to make them serve as temple guards since they're not intelligent enough to represent themselves
>turns Goriona into his fucktoy to keep the Twilights in line
>>
>>50794348
I'm ok with this idea if it manifests itself as a friendly TLPD flying around Wyrmrest Temple

fuck Goriona's voice actor though
>>
>>50791700
>Alexstrazsa getting N O F U T U R E 'd by Wrathion
I like this idea
>>
>>50792575
This is where Warcraft lore stops being fun for me, when it loses its anthropocentricity.
There's so many gods and demons and dragons and other ridiculously powerful beings now, the existence of any PC race characters seems almost futile. And when some orc or human or night elf does succeed in slaying some cosmic power, it just feels cheap and unrealistic, completely killing my suspension of disbelief.
This is why I enjoy faction conflict-themed content above anything else. It's not that I love the faction conflict that much (The factions in general are silly and their game mechanics have put lore writers in a tight corner). It's the fact that it's orcs vs. humans or some equivalent power. The stakes feel realistic, difficult but surmountable. They involve characters that are relatable in their experiences rather than extraplanar beings and cosmic horrors.
Fuck dragons and demons and loa and a million other impossible powerful beings. I want to experience the struggles and conflicts of Greymane retaking his homeland and the orcs eeking out survival in a hostile environment and the forsaken playing clever politics to continue existing in a world that universally hates them. That makes for compelling lore.
>>
>>50795262

He'd probably end up finding his own place far away from the Wyrmrest Temple.

Maybe somewhere in Pandaria or Uldum.
>>
>>50796501
The thing about the mortals vs. Gods story is that it can be done well. AQ is a good example. Sure it's mortals against an Old God, but it was 40 of the strongest champions on Azeroth, with the armies of both factions at their back. After vanilla less and less emphasis gets placed on the unity of mortals and more on the players themselves (who, thanks to the intervention of the spirit healers, are effectively immortal) effortlessly surmounting every obstacle placed in front of them
>>
>>50792848
That was never the case. As far back as the first time the term Twisting Nether shows up, it was treated as distinct and separate from the Great Dark Beyond, which is outer space.
>>
>>50792575
>"They just tap into the Light plane lol".
But it doesn't. The Light and Void are still the underlying composition of the universe, that exists within everything and connects everything. There are just places where these forces are purer. There is Void and Light in everyone.

You are adding the interpretation that all of the Shadow and Light that people use is coming from somewhere else, when the lore still clearly states that Light and Void is already fucking everywhere. That's even what all of the ingame preachers say about it. The Light and Void are omnipresent.
>>
So what are the risks of the Fel, beyond "it makes your mind full of demons?"
>>
>>50800526
Green tan.
>>
>>50800526
Other than making you a beacon to the Legion, slowly turn into a demon, and a pariah among all civilized races? Nothing, knock yourself out buddy
>>
>>50800526
Corruption
You know, wow's version of cancer
>>
>>50800537

Double dip makes you red, triple makes you purple/black.
>>
>>50798607
Not mentioning that Arakkoa are using both Holy and Shadow magic without being worshippers of Light or Void, but through being worshippers of their Wild God-equivalents.
Likely same case with Trolls and Loa.
>>
>>50792575
>They just tap into the Light plane lol
Are you also the guy who made stupid assumption that Mages use Fire Mana or tap into Elemental Plane of Fire to make Fireballs? Because it looks as if you have not read actual lore in Chronicles and simply looked at images.
>>
>>50801054
Unless it's past its best before date, then you just turn grey
>>
>>50789115
Kel'Thuzad has not been ruined
>>
>>50801101
Well, the Arakkoa actually talk about the Shadows telling them things, and have phrases about the "Shadows smiling upon you". I think Anzu taught them how to use it, but they don't get the power through worshiping him.

Still, I think it's meant to be shown that the Void isn't a wholly negative force, but its emotional alignment tends to that direction in its more extreme forms. I believe that a CDEV answer once stated that the Shadow tends to encompass survival instincts, rather than more idealistic drives.
>>
ITT: Mental gymnastics to justify bad cosmologies
>>
>>50790295

>t. Blizzcuck

>>50796501

Blame WC3 and its connected books like Lord of the Clans. They turned the Orcs into Dindus of the Demons, introduced the Night Elves, made Medivh into the vessel of Warcraft Satan (who himself turns out to be more than just a demon lord), and introduced the Dragonflights. This gets to the point WoW tells us there's an Age of Immortals that suddenly had to end.

>>50803220

Don't forget the Dindus, favoritism, retcons, warping the setting or plot for whatever they put into the game (see Blood Elves joining the Horde to raise their playerbase), and lack of consistency within a single Expansion let alone a series.
>>
>>50796501
Is Warcraft the definitive ''Just turn your brain off bro'' fantasy series?
>>
>>50803658
No...and that's part of the problem
It wants you to keep track of all this cosmic shit. It wants you to know which Old God is which dragonflight is which loa is which tangible divine concept. Every major plot is somehow related to this.
If you "turn your brain off" you'll be even more confused than normal.
If anything, it's the reverse -it takes its cosmology way too seriously and acts as though it's terribly clever and unique.
>>
>>50803658
Yes
>>
Which is the edgiest class, DH or DK?
>>
>>50803658
>tfw your to intelligent too take Warcraft seriously

>>50803723
DH by far
>>
File: 5463-lord-kazzak[1].jpg (103KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
5463-lord-kazzak[1].jpg
103KB, 640x512px
>>50796501
See, I'm kind of the opposite. I loved the sense in vanilla and TBC that there were things Bigger Than You out there, because the whole point of the game back then was that you needed to band together. Ogres were almost always elite, as were non-wyrmling dragons, and even regular enemies had rarespawns that could kick your ass. It made the conflicts seem much more meaningful than now, where we can solo practically anything we lay our eyes on.

Remember when a single doomguard could put fear into an entire city? Those were good times.
>>
>>50803723
>DK
>"Well, seems I was raised from the supposedly eternal sleep of death to be a goddamned smart zombie that's fated to eternal damnation once I pop my clogs again. Better make some good use of it, then; where dem fraggin' demunz at?"

>DH
>Too stupid/incompetent/lazy to go and learn an actual class
>Shoves demons down their throats on hopes of absorbing some of their power, knowing that, if they even survive the process, this'll brand them as demons and outcasts by everyone, forever
>Not to mention that, according to the DH class hall campaign, giving in and getting corrupted is a matter of "when", not "if", they'll fall for the sweet nothings the demon you've bound to your body whispers 24/7
>Cry to everyone, the cat, and the kitchen sink about the "great" "sacrifice" they've made
>Still keep fucking things up, falling to corruption left and right, and expecting others to clean up their messes
>>
>>50804033
There's nothing wrong with things being bigger than you.
It's when everything is unfathomably bigger than you.
It's fine when it takes 40 people to kill a particularly nasty demon. Like you said, it encourages banding together.
It becomes shit when it takes a space windchime to kill a particularly nasty demon.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (25KB, 446x342px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
25KB, 446x342px
>>50804155
I don't know, I think there's certain things that should be out of reach of mortals. No one complained about us needing help from the blue dragons when we fought Kil'jaeden.

Of course, that doesn't mean the writers should rub it our faces how outclassed we are. At best it should be a rare glimpse, a peek into a world we're better off staying out of. A Lovecraft canapé, if you will.

And honestly, that was very visible in what threats we were facing back in those first raids. Ragnaros was infamously awakened too early, Onyxia and Nefarian were only the children of an Aspect, Hakkar had only recently been brought back to life (by your own hand, incidentally), C'thun was still just a shell of his former self, and Kel'thuzad was just a regular lich with a lot of backup. The open world bosses were just regular dragons. Even in TBC, most of the raid bosses before Sunwell Plateau were just mortals (and one really big gronn), not counting Archimonde who gets killed by wisps, and Magtheridon who'd been held captive for years.
>>
>>50803340
> WC.. without WC3

Please bitch... Pretty much Star Wars without ESB.

There is nothing wrong with WC3 NE, WOW ruined with them but on WC3 they were unique and fine...

You have like 666666 other settings where Orcs are just evil villains and the humans are the snowflake of the heroism if you care so much about that... and Medivh was just a "BWAHAHAHA POSSESSED BY DEMON NOW" far before WC3 if I remember well. never liked that too but whatever we had wrost things like the "Guardian" that can fight Satan himself and bullshit like that far before Wc3.
>>
File: 1474222931355.jpg (434KB, 1103x696px) Image search: [Google]
1474222931355.jpg
434KB, 1103x696px
How is it that a single race can be so much better than literally every other race in so many ways? Why even compete?
>>
File: Kazakus_full.jpg (53KB, 453x605px) Image search: [Google]
Kazakus_full.jpg
53KB, 453x605px
>>50805096
Pic unrelated, I presume?
Actual master race coming through.
In case that those SLANDERS about Kazzakus being actually a dragon (which are FALSE), mind that this particular dragon recognized true master race and assumed its form.
>>
File: 1457582567833.jpg (147KB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
1457582567833.jpg
147KB, 900x1273px
>>50805096
why indeed
>>
>>50805302
What an ugly face. Does it look that way because of Theramore? Did she get it in an accident?
>>
>>50798607
I don't know how else to tell you this.

"Light" and "Shadow" as being a classified energy wave signature, for lack of a more fitting term, is what has changed the game. Before that, "the Light" was a philosophical ideal in the religious instance and then again, in the sense of spells, as a psychic manifestation of people following the religious tradition, existing in that moment of time and space where people where mentally in harmony with their ideal and thus able to channel the mystical power into the shape of the Light. Shadow had the same ground mechanics, however was channelled through a different mental ideal coming into its own psychic form. This is how it used to be when the Light was an Azeroth-only thing.

With the addition of Draenei, the principle of "the Light" appears as something pre-made so that Light elementals can form from it. With the addition of Chronicles, it becomes the one true source of creation whose absence begets void, which is the consuming force. These forces now exist like water in the river and can thus be harnessed from wherever. It is, in that sense, something to be accessed, rather than shaped. This is ultimately what causes dissatisfaction.

>>50801116
Yes, I am that idiot. You can take that as me not having my sources in order, as well. That whole thing was based off of some obscure note about the Bloodmage using the Phoenix spell, which IS a creature summoned from the Elemental plane of fire, so I tried to bring that in a hypothetical order with how the rest of Arcane spellcasting works. My apologies.

I still stand with my statement about the Light.

>>50804994
As far as I am aware, Warcraft 1 just had him as an evil warlock who collaborated with the Orcs for some non-descript reason. It was only through the Last Guardian bringing him into accord with his positive characterisation of Warcraft 3 as far as I can tell.
>>
File: Lei Shen.jpg (137KB, 556x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lei Shen.jpg
137KB, 556x600px
>>50805160
>>50805096
>don't even finish the work of the gods
>master races
>>
>>50805435
Such an amazing job of finishing work of the gods you did there, Lei Shen.
>>
>>50805399
Light still needs conviction to use it. A person without any shred of self righteousness would not be able to use Light.

Also, Of Blood And Honor, by Chris Metzen. Tirion gave his word to Eitrigg, because he's an honourable man. Uther does not give a crap, because that's an Orc, so it would not be a stain on Tirion's honour to execute that orc in Uther's eyes, despite Orc saving Tirion's life, so him owing the honourable orc his life. And then they excommunicated Tirion, because he rescued Orc. And excommunication means he couldn't use the Light, because they separated him from it. He regained his power through his conviction, faith, and righteousness, not through conscious tapping into other planes for pure Light.

Nothing of what we know about Light is implying direct tapping to Light through knowledge of how to do that, instead of using their own conviction.

BTW: Summoning spells are unrelated to attack spells, which is why Mages likes to summon Water Elementals, which happens to wear binding bands on their "arms" after being summoned.
>>
File: C0N0plaUUAAGfM1.jpg (134KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
C0N0plaUUAAGfM1.jpg
134KB, 1366x768px
Best mon is coming to da Nexus
>>
>>50806640
The thing I like most of the Heart of the storms:
It tends to take an interpretation of the character with all the good traits.
>>
>>50806640
This guy before Vol'jin? Come on Blizzard.
At least give him the cool arm blade from WoW.
>>
>>50805399
The Light was always described as omnipresent. So it already existed in everything, even if they didn't realize it. The teachings of the Light and Shadow were long described as manipulating the universe through ones connection to it. The set up was already there for Light and Void to be the basic underlying composition for the universe.
>>
>>50806640
I know it's not Warcraft, sorry about that, but I wish Imperius could join the game.
>>
>>50789663
trying to think of interesting character concepts to level as well as roleplay as for the fresh server.

Orcish Beastmaster Hunter - may not use ranged weapons
Dwarven Rifleman Hunter - may not tame pets (funnily enough 100% viable for end-game raiding)
Monk Warrior - may only use staffs and leather/cloth gear
Rogue Brawler - may only use fist weapons
>>
>>50789663

>RPing on a legacy server

Why.
>>
>>50808059
>Imperius
Who?
>>
>50808059
>>50811004
Nvm, now I remember.
Question is how to make him different enough from Tyrael.
>>
>>50811004
save me nephilim reeeeee
>>
>>50811898
He's tsundere
>>
>>50811932
S-stupid Nephelim! I-it's not like I NEEDED you to save me or anything!
Baka!
>>
>>50806640
de Amani neva give up
we neva forget
we neva die

you wanna stay? you stay here forever
we gonna bury you here
>>
>>50809377
It was brought up in the last thread and I wanted to know if the people who had replied to that had taken any further steps yet.
>>
>>50806857
>Zul'Jin
>Literally translates to "Great Leader" in Zandali
>Has been such a legendary name among Trollkind that even Darkspear Headhunters proclaim to fight to avenge him
>Vol'jin
>Some dude who lived the NEET-life on an island because his tribe got kicked out of their ancestral home until his dad got killed and their island got sunk
>Has been doing nothing noteworthy until several years later when he pissed off a choleric orcish manchild and was promoted into a position simply because he's buddies with the boss
>Has a total of a single military campaign before he gets offed and plays translator for people only he can hear to proclaim the undead elf his successor
>The latter is supposed to be more noteworthy

With or without bladearm, Zul'jin is the one and only troll that matters.

>YWN play a forest troll
>YWN pretend to be a two meters tall upright walking sloth man who regenerates lost limbs and murders invaders
>YWN have quests that are all about showing the elves who's the Jin in the house
>YWN ERP with elves who just want a good troll domination
>>
>>50813251
This. Zul'jin is the only important troll after the end of the Troll Wars. Vol'jin is a fucking nobody who would be dead if Thrall didn't need ranged units
>>
>>50813251
Are jungle trolls the worst of all troll kind?
>>
>>50814953

I thought Night Elves were the worst of all troll kind.
>>
>>50817309
The Elves have long lost any claim to purity. They're all their own new brand of shitters.
>>
>>50814953
vanilla Zandalari > Amani > MoP Zandalari > Drakkari >Gurubashi > Farraki > a literal pile of shit > elves > Darkspear
>>
>>50801054
Who tripple dipped?
>>
>>50819693
I don't think anyone ever triple dipped, but the Draenic Fel Horde in WoD all turn grey from making the blood pact with Mannoroth's 2 year old blood
>>
>>50818454
Where's Dark Trolls a.k.a. The Proto-Elves?

Remember when Dark Trolls were the cavemen of all trolls thanks to the TTRPG?
>>
>class balance designed by a blue haired furry that literally players with a graphics tablet instead of a mouse
>corruption corruption but illidindu is the chosen one who dindu nuffin
>Sylvanas is a dindu feminist heroine even thouhh she tried to screw over the world and
>Sylvanas controls the Horde after spirits say so
>Developers are spending more time on socjus shit like exboyfriend dummies and Fembuster gnomes to fix up legendaries and classes.

shieet.
>>
>>50820868
I'd this real? If so

Shieet.
>>
>>50819741

I think that was Archimonde's blood.

So it's more likely that more powerful demon blood makes you turn grey.
>>
So does Whitemane's history with the Mograine family ever get adressed during the Death Knight storyline, or is it exactly as shallow a piece of fanservice as I expect it is?
>>
>>50789663
Because what you really want on your idiot nostalgia server is even less care paid toward role-playing then what you get on official rp servers..
>>
>>50821335
>"So. You and my brother. Did you ever-"
>"Why do you care?"

What else could it really amount to? The story of the Mograines is done, as is the story of the Fordrings.
>>
>>50821268
Gul'dan has it before Archimonde shows up though.
It could have been someone else's, but it's much funnier if it's Mannoroth's blood that's gone off and that's why the fel orcs are all fucked up, so I choose to believe that until there's evidence disproving it
>>
>>50823690
>Gul'dan has it before Archimonde shows up though.
Gul'dan drank Mannoroth's blood earlier, as did the other green orcs.
>>
>>50823718
there were no green orcs in WoD other than Gul'dan, who turned green from practicing warlock magic
>>
>>50823780
Not true! The other orcs in the Shadow Council are green. I suppose they could have turned green from warlock magic, but I seemed to remember a short story somewhere mentioning that Gul'dan had drank the blood.
>>
>>50789663
What exactly is Nostalrius?
>>
>>50813251
The forest trolls I see in the RP realms do it rather badly. They get too buddy buddy with the blood elves they hate.
>>
>>50823838
vanilla wow private server
>>
>>50813125
nothing yet.
waiting for le fresh start.
>>
>>50824021
Honestly, it's quite bizarre how easily people can get over past grudges even though they have been in bloody feuds over generations just because they hate somebody else more, so I welcome this bit. However I also think they should always stank eachother because come on son don't kill the vibe.

>Ja mon, lookit who it be! It be dem floppy eared pinkskins. You be havin' some room for dese 'ere green balls next to dem demonnuts you been gargling so much?
>Oh, what's that noise? Oh, sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of your people repeatedly getting their ugly tusk-toothed faces burnt off by fireballs to the mug!
>Oooh, now I be scared, mon! You be talkin' 'bout dat dere magic dat couldn't save ya sorry hides from dem Scourge even if ya stuck dem mana crystals up your asses?
>It'll be an icy spike up your miserable asshole if you know what's good for you, you moss-ridden primitive sloth!

And the next instance they're in a fight, side by side
>Ja, mon! You be awake? I be killin' dem Legion demons all by myself, I feel! Ya magic do ya any good 'ere?
>Well I would be, but I have to focus so much who the enemy is because I can barely tell your ugly faces apart from theirs!
>>
>>50824021
The problem is that, if you're RPing Horde, with the exception of the Orc/Troll/Tauren bromance, all the Horde races hate each other. Your choices are basically get unrealistically buddy buddy with races you should hate, or don't have much/very interesting RP.
>>
>>50825419
>all the Horde races hate each other
>implying goblins hate anyone capable of spending money
>implying orcs hate the guys who literally built their entire modern war machine
>implying that the rest of the Horde hasn't gotten over the Wrathgate incident years ago
>implying that blood elves being about as aloof as they were in the Alliance is hatred
>>
>>50825419
Currently playing a BC private server, Tauren Hunter, and although I haven't engaged in RP whatsoever yet I already plan on making him think Orcs are green angry chimps and undead are abominations and mean cunts and treat them with comical disdain in any possible future RP encounter.

This does not mean the character cannot learn to appreciate the individual characters, it just means that there will be loads of Bantz before I acknowledge their positive sides and even then the potential for rivalistic bromance is immense.

Also I think it really is time we abandoned the idea that races that live on such a globalised world like Azeroth can hold a grudge forever. In Warhammer it makes sense because everybody except for humans and the occasional dwarf live extremely separated environments, so their past bad experiences live on fairly tenaciously. But when cities like Stormwind have an Elven quarter where Night Elves hang out you really have to question if these people are pants-on-head retarded to not realise that the people from other races in their daily lives aren't as bad as the stereotype makes them out to be.
>>
So here are the summaries I have of the class hall campaigns any suggestions to improve them?
>Warlock: an average episode of Superjail
>DK: BTFO of the Alliance Horde and Pallys all while Nazgrim discovers his autoerotic asphyxiation fetish
>DH: The search for Illidan part 1
>Hunter: REMOVE HAKKAR remove hakkar, you are worst demon
>Shamans: How to train your pet elemental lords
>Warrior: Bearded man in the sky decides your the strongest person alive and gives you a free viking army
>Rouge: Where in the world is Carmen, .. I mean Detheroc?
>Monk: Superbad with deamons
>Mage: Find out first hand why there is such a massive turnover rate of guardians of Tirisfal
>Paladin: Watch as blizzard fucks you over and over again
>Priests: We're in a spaceship. It's much lamer than the DH one, but there you have it.
>Druid: War of the ancients for the 3rd fucking time!
>>
>>50826647
>Warrior

Re-add the NPC's that didn't make it out of Alpha, feature quests to go pick them up, add Mogu and Tol'vir to the story since you're re-mustering the Titanic forces.

Replace Nazgrim and Thoras in the DK campaign with Garithos and Blackmoore.

Because let's be honest, they both go better with Whitemane in terms of "let's repurpose this unlikable dead [class] to fight the Legion." They could even go grab Edwin or Garrosh (but that's a stretch) or maybe Blackhand.
>>
>>50827240
>Blackhand the Pussydestroyer

Sorry to say this m8 but the last we knew of him is orgrim cutting off his head to play Warchief, and in an alternate timeline that never was he was eaten by Deathwing for Thrall to find his Helmet inside the former's stomach.

God I love Lord of the Clans adventure
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (87KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
87KB, 1920x1080px
>YOU FAILED ME!

What did he mean by this? No one wanted him to exist in the first place.
>>
>>50827240
I'd be a full madman and rez Arthas as a DK. An Arthas with his soul back will make for some pretty great redemption and more importantly, bantz.

His first words upon resurrection would be "I told you no one stays dead anymore.
>>
>>50827240
>replacing the coolest parts of the campaign with Garithos the meme strawman and Thrall's daddy
why the fuck
>>
>>50829761
Is there any real reason some surviving cult of the damned lackey hasn't ressurected Arthas yet?

I mean,I suppose it would be a fatal mistake that would literally spawn Arthas instead of the LK and he wouldn't really be up to making the Scourge great again,but there seems to be no real time limit on when you can res someone and a fucking cultist would surely ATTEMPT to bring back his master.
>>
>>50830422
His body went "missing" after the events of 3.3

Popular fan theories have his body be the fancy unmarked grave in Stormwind the the Lordaeron symbol on it. Would make sense since Wrynn was his best friend, and would want to keep it anonymous to honor the man Arthas had once been.
>>
>>50825460

> >implying that the rest of the Horde hasn't gotten over the Wrathgate incident years ago

Forsaken dindu nuffin.
>>
>>50830553
Fuck that noise, my blood elf lost a lot of good friends at the Wrathgate. I was part of a "Wrathgate Veterans support group" back in the day.
>>
>>50830422
because Bolvar controls the Scourge and doesn't want anyone inside ICC without massively extenuating circumstances

letting a traitor resurrect his predecessor is probably not high on his list
>>
>>50795262

Fuck everyone's voice actor in Dragon Soul.

Literally the shittiest voice acting in the game.
>>
>>50821335
do you even need to ask that?
>rise my champion!
>at your side m'lady!
he was obviously friend zoned
>>
>>50830710
shieet, Goriona isn't Valiona

my point still stands though. Every bit of voice acting in Cata sucks cock. It's really jarring considering how good Blizzard's VA usually is
>>
File: Whitemane.png (457KB, 714x592px) Image search: [Google]
Whitemane.png
457KB, 714x592px
>>50830737
>Talking about Morgraine even when in Cata's Scarlet Monastery Mograine was replaced by another guy
If anyone was friendzoned there, it would have to be Sally.
>>
>>50830964
she's friendzoned because she found some other dupe to fight her battles for her after Mograine bit it?
>>
>>50831590
devilish isn't she?
>>
>>50804033
I dunno. I like the direction we're heading. It's more akin to Gurren Lagann than anything. A story of never retreating and constant moving forward, no matter what.
Our characters also grow to never back down and go further beyond, ascending from normal mercs to legendary heroes, protecting Azeroth.
>>
>>50834299
The absolute madwoman, how did she get away with it?
>>
>>50834376
>tfw the end of Warcraft is all of the heroes riding the newborn Azeroth into battle against Sargeras
>>
Anduin should've been a girl no matter how you look at it story-wise or other. Bait for waifufags and/or strong independent woman for the tumblr. Everyone is happy.
>>
>>50836714
But then he couldn't marry Tess and unite the crowns of Stormwind and Gilneas via their heir!

Unless you're saying Liam would be the surviving Greymane child in this alternate universe.

Also, Anduin's full name is Anduin Llane Wrynn - first name from Anduin Lothar, middle name from his grandfather King Llane.

So maybe in this universe she'd be Princess (later Queen) Alleria (look, it was either that or have her dad name her after Aegwynn) Taria (took her grandma's name from the movieverse) Wrynn.
>>
File: stromgarde.jpg (301KB, 1444x1440px) Image search: [Google]
stromgarde.jpg
301KB, 1444x1440px
WE
>>
File: GrommashHellscreamIronWoD.jpg (124KB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
GrommashHellscreamIronWoD.jpg
124KB, 960x480px
>>50837130
WILL NEVER BE SLAVES
>>
>>50837130
GONNA BURY YOU HERE
>>
>>50829171
>What did he mean by this?

He means Thrall should have tried being an Orc rather than a human.
>>
File: 1412075235366.png (328KB, 808x650px) Image search: [Google]
1412075235366.png
328KB, 808x650px
>>50837130

>the """"country""" of Stromgarde
>everyone of any sort of power and prestige leave for newer better kingdoms
>the court guard elect an Alterac man to be their king

The saddest of kingdoms.
>>
>>50830710
I don't know, Val'sharah's Xavius/Malfurion/Tyrande combo still makes me cringe.
>>
File: Anti Spiral.png (184KB, 423x391px) Image search: [Google]
Anti Spiral.png
184KB, 423x391px
>>50835886
>not the combined consciousness of Void Lords
>not in our combined class halls
Do you even fight the power?
>>
>>50838190
I fucking love Xavius in Darkheart Thicket
it's almost as funny as the two orcs in Iron Docks
>>
>>50838190

Tyrande and Malfurion sucked. Xavius was top tier bants and dickery.
>>
>>50838068
More like
>Last King left to the south, because screw that, empire not going to hold for long
>Court Guard elect the only competent Alteraci noble to be their ruler, leaving Alterac in hands of incompetent people
>>
>>50830710
>Literally the shittiest voice acting in the game.

>Help! I am trapped within this tree!
>>
>>50838190
BOLD WORDS FOR A PRISONER
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.