[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/commander general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 41

File: Stonework Puma_DDP.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Stonework Puma_DDP.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
Stonework Puma Edition
Previous thread: >>50654635
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info

Thread question:How many pumas do you own?
>>
>>50670535
Xth for holy shit prison enchantress just became a thing. I'm excited to see a Derevi artifact hate control lists.
>>
I'm so tired of Wizards' shit.
>>
>>50670535
None.
>>
>>50670709
What do you mean?
>>
>>50670888
There's a new white enchantment for 3WW that exiles all artifacts yoir opponent controls until it leaves the battlefield.
>>
File: Puma's Idol.png (270KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Puma's Idol.png
270KB, 375x523px
Viable puma tech?
>>
File: Nath.png (211KB, 241x347px) Image search: [Google]
Nath.png
211KB, 241x347px
Thoughts on Nath?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/nath-edh-copyv2-1/
>>
>>50670979
please let this meme die
>>
>>50670971
>>50670709

Enchantress prison was already a thing but I do like the new card for sure
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (143KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
143KB, 223x310px
Anyone have a list for 5 color child with a guild gate and door to nothingness win con? (This is a meme/joke deck since my friends wanted me to make a slightly toned down deck for some of the new guys in our group)
Also any tech to stomp out Atraxa superfriends? Have a real spike running nothing but walker and UBG good stuff.
>>
>>50671005
don't feed the trolls

>>50670971
I think you're a bit too excited
becasue as >>50671053 said that was pretty much already thing but it is a cool toy. Enchantments are my favorite card type.
>>
>>50671053
Pick up a mycosynth lattice for the two card wombo combo. Throw in a dash of Brago, a smidgen of ghostly prison and you have the dirtiest lockdown setup this side of winter orb.
>>
>>50670991
Abrupt Decay, Sylvan Library, & Bokuja Bog should be considered
Erebos is quite solid to draw cards and if your opponents play lifegain even more so
I personally prefer Elixir of Immortality over Creeping Renaissance, but whatever
>>
>>50671082

Suppression field is good against super friends

Also there's beast within, vindicate, chaos warp, anguished unmaking. Those are great cuz they are good against planeswalkers but no less good if your opponent doesn't have any planeswalkers
>>
>>50671082
Tech for Child? Or for some other specific deck?
>>
>>50671137
Mostly any tech against walkers in any color besides black (only color I dont have in any deck besides slivers)
>>
>>50671111
also pithing needle, vampire hexmage, phyrexian revoker
>>
>>50671110

>elixir of immortality over creeping Renaissance

???

Completely different cards that don't even remotely serve the same purpose

Creeping Renaissance is like a more narrow praetor's counsel, it's an extremely powerful card

Whereas elixir of immortality is more of a niche card that's nice if your deck is liable to deck itself or if you have a lot of repeatable tutoring
>>
>>50670991
Not enough lands. Even if you had the one drop mana dorks 31 isn't enough, especially with no rocks. Creature mana is all well and good, but board wipes are prevalent. Also, why not play up the discard angle? At least pack a sadistic hypnotist. Primo
>>
>>50671151
consider low cost flyers can prevent friends from ulting, specially if backed up by counterspells
super friends happen to be slower than combo and don't necessarily win the game by ulting
>>
>>50671158
>repeatable tutoring
that's why i prefer it, but your deck has very few tutoring to exploit it more
>>
File: Clockspinning_TSP.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Clockspinning_TSP.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>50671151
>in any color besides black
Well fuck.

This maybe?
>>
>>50671202

I don't really think "prefer" is appropriate in this case, the cards are just not comparable at all, there's no situation in which you want creeping Renaissance but elixir of immortality will do the trick
>>
>>50671231
ok bro my bad, peace
>>
>>50670991
Where's your card draw, bro?
>>
>>50671256
Got any suggestions?
>>
Fucking paralyzed with choice as to where to even start with this artifacts deck

There are so many things you can do with Slobad
>>
>>50671279
not him, but mirri's guile is like half a second top for green
>>
File: Voidmage Husher_TSP.jpg (54KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Voidmage Husher_TSP.jpg
54KB, 312x445px
>>50671210
This might have some use as well.
>>
File: IMG_3004.jpg (47KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3004.jpg
47KB, 223x310px
Anyone else in love with pic related?
>>
Can't decide between yidris wheels starring nekusar or yidris extra combat flying men. I leave the decision to you /tg/
>>
>>50671279
Well, it's hard to argue against including Phyrexian Arena in any black deck. Anvil of Bogarden is hilarious in this deck, and you've got plenty of recursion. My Nath deck has a substantial discard subtheme so I run Howling Mine and Temple Bell and any deck that makes 1/1 need Skullclamp
>>
>>50671279
You're in black and green, drawing shouldn't be a problem. Greed, Erobos, shamanic revelations, regal force, phyrecian arena, ect. Take your pick.
>>
>>50671358
Win through combat like a real man.
>>
File: flossin.gif (877KB, 450x201px) Image search: [Google]
flossin.gif
877KB, 450x201px
>>50671343
Always and forever.

>Godo Voltron/LD, hit my artifact ramp early
>bunch of 3 and 4-color decks finally starting to get a decent mana base together
>cast Ruination
>bathe in their tears as they die in a single turn to a 13/13 unblockable double striker using 4 combat phases
>>
>>50671358
Extra combat maximum cascade.
>>
File: 1481088565006.png (142KB, 500x610px) Image search: [Google]
1481088565006.png
142KB, 500x610px
I bought too many random "Oh this would be good" cards and now I have like 30 cuts to make in one deck and 15-20 in another.

One is mono-white equipment the other is Breya artifacts. Not sure how many creatures/protection/removal I should run in the equip deck and how much recursion/graveyard pullback I really need in the later.

Fuck me I just want to play everything and let the wheel of destiny pick which of my 200 cards I get to play in any given game.

Also, why does no one run Inheritance for card draw in monowhite? It's not amazing, but it's good for a decent amount of extra cards mid-game when you're sitting with two cards in hand and a barren board turn 9.
>>
>>50671343
>Playing mono-red
>Board state is looking a bit clogged
>cast ruination. Everyone else is down to 2-3 lands while I'm at 7 mountains.
>Get hate-raped out of the game 3v1
>>
>>50671343
The problem is that it punishes the innocents more than the sinners and ends up kingmaking green decks.

It's totally a great way to seal the game in gruul, but the natural adaptation that results from a group losing a game or two against ruination that's played as a tech card both renders the card ineffective and fucks over color combinations like black/red or red/white. Decks without blue or green tend to lean on their colorless cards.
>>
File: artifact fun.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
artifact fun.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>50670709
>>50670971

Let me play you the song of my people. It may be exciting for Standard, but it's hardly new or a big deal for EDH.

>Stony Silence
>Vandalblast
>Shattering Spree
>Merciless eviction

etc.
>>
>>50671383
>>50671381
>>50671317
>>50671256
>>50671173
>>50671110
List is updated and should be better now.
>>
File: 1481303113075.jpg (24KB, 283x424px) Image search: [Google]
1481303113075.jpg
24KB, 283x424px
>>50671549
>play daretti
>be a faggot
>question why everyone gangs up on you
>>
>>50671670

You haven't lived until you've resolved Decree of Annihilation with the D-man out.
>>
how much removal should a deck carry?
>>
File: bosh.png (190KB, 243x349px) Image search: [Google]
bosh.png
190KB, 243x349px
Well finally got around to posting one of my list on tappedout I know its rough but it is my pet deck right now. Any feedback for card suggestions is always welcome (besides microsynthalatic)

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bosh-the-rock-thrower/
>>
>>50671726
Depends on your meta. If you are talking about boardwipes in particular I usually run 2-3 depending on the deck.
>>
>>50671726
depends on colors you run and meta, but at least 5-7 things in the realm of krosan grip, abrupt decay, anguished unmaking, swords to plowshare, dreadbore, ghost quarter, and the like so you can off annoying permanents
obviously, if you are playing a deck which can anguished unmaking, vindicate, vindicate sliver, and/or that one thing from tarkir you should
>>
File: 1467645697345.jpg (185KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1467645697345.jpg
185KB, 1200x675px
>Looking to do a R/B deck that isn't just Timmy demons
>Thinking of Vile Smasher madness or Mogis punishments
>Come across this http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-got-nothing-1/

I really like this deck but geeeeeeeeeeezus. Bazaar? Yeah right. Are there any obvious budget-friendly substitutes for the $$$ cards involved?
>>
>>50671843
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-got-nothing-1/
mogis is easy mode, until the entire table mobs you
you can do without the bazaar, you just will be underperforming
abuse the shit out of symmetric spells like barter in blood, smallpox, pox, destructive force and the like
once your god is out just kill everything, even if it kills your shit, make everyone discards their shit (delirium skeins)
>>
>>50671332
I put this in every blue deck I own. Holy shit it is so useful. My first copy I ever got was a foil one back in 2006.

I remembered once I played this in response to someone ult'ing Karn. Was super funny.

Guy scooped after that.
>>
>>50671802
>Not Running 6 boardwipes and 7 pieces of spot removal

It's like you don't even play Queen Marchesa Pillowfort
>>
Does morgue burst work on consuming aberration in the way I think it does?
>>
>>50671728
Take Bosh from the helm and put Slobad/Daretti there.
>>
Post Secret Tech/Pet Cards
I like Evil Twin and Royal Assassin. They go in every deck where the colors fit. Assassin keeps aggro down and Evil Twinning a commander is just pure gold.
>>
File: urza.jpg (22KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
urza.jpg
22KB, 223x310px
>>50672280
Glasses of Urza might be my favorite card just for the reaction to me rearranging my opponents hands when I choose to look at theirs or my favorite right when they are about to cast something huge I tap and spend a solid bit looking at their hand.
>>
>>50672231
Normally I would agree however Daretti Paints a giant target on you compared to Bosh which most people scoff at until you through a darksteel colossus at their face in response to them trying to plowshares it.
>>
Anyone have any decent tech for doing something with Deathreap Ritual? I was thinking of doing Ashnod's Altar + Nath + something like Words of Waste. Is there anything better?
>>
>>50672446
Forgot I'd need Geth's Grimoire also.
>>
>>50672479

So what's the point of slow ass death reap ritual in that scenario?

Nath + sadistic hypnotist + geths grimoire is already game over
>>
>>50672421
I run Slobad and he flies right under the radar. Honestly tho, most people see these trio (slobad/daretti/bosh) and they already know what the deck is gonna be.
>>
>>50672551
I just didn't like it at sorcery speed.
>>
here's my long and boring blog

>made a monoblack kokusho recur deck around a month ago
>very strong synergies, very johnny-like, also close to being a combo deck without actually being combo
>"i cast sidisi, exploiting herself, tutor for victimize, cast victimize, bring back sidisi and kokusho, exploit sidisi, tutor for living death, cast living death, use ashnods to sac my entire board in response, exploit sidisi, tutor for corpse dance, cast it 10 times in a row on kokusho and win gg no re"
>group collectively can't deal with this, especially since my deck has a subtheme of killing the everloving fuck out of every creature on board with forced sac effects
>group tells me to make the deck more interactive
>agree since i dont want to be that guy

fast forward 1 month

>theorycrafting 2 decks, a monoblack zombie tribal and an ayli recur deck, made from the parts of the monoblack
>zombie tribal, at the moment, is slow as fuck, uninteractive, can only beat face and costs a lot for how shitty it feels
>ayli recur is also slow, has no real gameplan besides "lmao just gain life and exile shit" which doesn't even usually work half the time in xmage playtests, white creature ETBs are more balanced for flicker instead of recur, so recurring them is very low-value most of the time
>both decks are vastly inferior to my monoblack recur deck despite being more expensive

any outside opinions on what i should do?
>>
I'm working on a Melek, Izzet Paragon deck and I'm uncertain of how the reveal mechanic works in relation to the stack and instant speed spells.

Say I have a lightning bolt on top, and I choose to cast it. I copy it. Both bolts are on the stack. Do I reveal the next card of the library? Or does that card stay on top? Or do I move it off and leave the next card unrevealed until the stack resolves?

What I'm wondering is, can I simply keep going with the stack, casting stuff of the top over and over again before the original spell resolves as long as they're instant. For the purposes of using something like fork or whatever to copy a spell that's on the stack, copying the copy spell to copy more spells.

TL:DR izzet problems. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>50673022
4/15/2013 If the top card of your library changes while you’re casting a spell or activating an ability, the new top card won’t be revealed until you finish casting that spell or activating that ability.
Its the same for future sight
>>
Are there any mass artifact/enchantment destroyers in green that don't destroy your stuff?
>>
File: mc1_chisei1.jpg (88KB, 240x181px) Image search: [Google]
mc1_chisei1.jpg
88KB, 240x181px
What's commander has the best art? regardless what the commander actually does.
>>
>>50672894

Tell your friends to git gud

Gy hate is a thing, counterspells are a thing, they have options
>>
>>50673211

"While casting a spell" is not really what he's talking about here

Imagine a spell that exiled cards from the top of library as an additional cost to cast it. If you cast that spell with future sight in play, the top card of your library wouldn't be revealed until you finished casting that spell, and it would be on the stack

In his scenario, he finishes casting bolt, both bolts are on the stack, the next card of his library is definitely revealed, and he may play it, accounting for any timing restrictions
>>
>>50673500
What the fuck are you talking about,
>>
>>50673404

You picked a good one

I've always liked Uril's art, dude is big as fuck

Elesh norn isn't a super popular commander but she's a legend and her art is awesome

Speaking of mono white, 8 1/2 tails has cool art

Prossh has pretty awesome art

You don't see him played much these days but creature teferi has two different arts that are both very cool
>>
>>50673524

I'm talking about future sight or melek

if you cast the top card of your library, it moves to the stack, it's no longer on top of your library, therefore the new top of your library is revealed

The spell you cast is on the stack, you can cast the new top of your library if it's an instant

I'm answering the guys question, the gatherer ruling you quoted is misleading because it's not actually relevant to his question, the ruling is about if the top card of your library changes DURING the casting of a spell or activation of an ability, which is different from the top of your library changing because you successfully did in fact cast the top card of your library
>>
File: Yukora.jpg (964KB, 1701x1274px) Image search: [Google]
Yukora.jpg
964KB, 1701x1274px
>>50673541
>>50673404

Dont get me started on the foil
>>
Hey I'm building Shu Yun, Silent Temptest for a friend. They're a massive weebaboo and love playing monks in DnD. Do y'all have any weeb cards that fit the theme of Ancient Kung Fu Movie Monastery that fit the deck?
>>
File: Deflecting Palm_KTK.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Deflecting Palm_KTK.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>50673635
>>
>>50673635

Jeskai theme cards from tarkir are all about that shit

Daring leap seems pretty Kung fu and isn't the worst thing ever with shu yun
>>
Can someone explain something for me about Hardened Scales?

If I'm using Scavenging Oozes ability to exile creatures in a graveyard, and say I spend 3 forests to exile 3 creatures, do I gain 4 counters, or 6? Is it 1+1, 1+1, 1+1, or 3+1?
>>
>>50673708

Hardened scales adds +1 when an ability resolves that would add counters

Scavenging ooze's ability is instant speed, so if you want, you could activate it, then activate it again two more times before the first activation resolved

The stack will then have 3 instances of his ability. Each will resolve separately, and each will be modified by hardened scales

Tl;dr it's 1+1, 1+1, 1+1
>>
>>50673739

That's what I thought, thanks.

One more question. Hand of the Praetors gives other creatures with infect +1/+1. If a creature gains infect through Phyresis or Grafted Exoskeleton, does it also gain the +1/+1?
>>
>>50673635
Mystic meditation
Mystic monastary
Cleansing meditation
Deflecting palm
Umezawas jitte
Enlightened ascetic
Homura, human ascendant
Soulfire grand master
Jeskai elder
Leaping master
Monastery mentor
Mistfire adept
Mantis rider
Rune-tail
For maximum weebage, put in the red, white, and blue dragons,
Keiga, the tide star
Yosei,the morning star
Ryusei,the falling star.

And for fun, dragonlord ojutai

Above all else, I would also suggest NARSET, enlightened master in the 99. I know she's cancer as commander, but in the 99 she seems fine

Hope this helps!
>>
>>50673753

Yes
>>
Who's everyone's favorite voltron commander? I've been wanting to make one for a while now but am having trouble settling on a commander. I've had my eye on Rafiq for a little bit but there are so many other options.
>>
>>50673785
Motherfucking Omnath, Locus of Mana.
>>
>>50673785
The one time I went Voltron I used Sigarda.

Loved it, and I'm thinking of remaking that deck.
>>
Where does everyone buy their singles? I've been wanting to get my friend some cards for his Gisella deck and was wondering if there's a place that delivers pretty quick in Canada.

>>50673785
ISA-FUCKING-MARU
>>
>>50673785
Rafiq
>>
File: Thassa, God of the Sea_THS.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Thassa, God of the Sea_THS.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>50673785
Hear me out, thassa.
blue enchantments to give protection, and equipment to pump her up. She helps you scry for what she needs, costs 3 mana, has indestructible, gives herself unblockable. Did I mention she's a 5/5 to start? Use argentum armor, strata scythe, ogres cleaver, etc. Run plenty of artificers with tap: add (2) to your mana pool, only use this mana for artifacts and to activate abilities of artifacts. This will help your devotion, and help with equip costs and casting equipments. You'll never see another deck like it, incredibly unique,fun to pilot, and nobody will see it coming.

If you want the tried and proved best voltron commander, sigarda host of herons.

If you want a cool , hipster one: wydwen,the biting gale

If you want pure power, zurgo helmsmasher beats face, especially when equipped.

Kemba is famously good, but EVERYONE has seen or played one.
>>
>>50673781
>Rune-Tail

Oh shit that is spicy tech.
>>
>>50673785
The 2015 R/W dude
>>
File: potatoman.jpg (67KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
potatoman.jpg
67KB, 770x433px
>play lord of extinction with brawn in the GY
>die next turn
it aint easy being big
>>
>>50673900

>Kemba is famously good

Kemba has famously good tits

she's famously trash, atrociously bad, like probably the worst ratio of power level to popularity of any commander
>>
>>50673933
I have played against more kemba decks than I have anything else. She panders to casuals in being simple to build, while pumping out tokens and making commander huge. I've seen kemba decks with money pumped into them at my lgs, nothing to smirk at. Lots of cats with lots of anthems, and right when you think you've dealt with it, kemba with two strata scythes swings for unblockable
>>
>>50673781
>m tarkir are all about that shit
>Daring leap seems pretty Kung fu and isn't the worst thing ever with shu yun

You are the best mate! I love you and thank you!
>>
>Noble Hierarch is $65 now
Jesus fucking christ I just want one man.
>>
>>50674081
No worries,
Hope he likes his deck! Have fun building it.
>>
>>50674135
Just get a birds of paradise
>>
>>50673785
Mine is Kresh for maximum rip and tear. You will never feel better than when you resolve a Chandra's Ignition on him.
>>
>>50672894
Play Mimeoplasm so you have to mix up what you recur. You can get combo finishes from infect or hermit druid shit if you want, but I just like having enormous Cold-eyed Selkies.
>>
>>50674135

>they were $ 79.99

traded shit like praetor's grasp for a playset during new phyrexia standard

lol
>>
>>50674135
Proxy it up son.

>inb4 muh investments
>inb4 triggered
>>
File: the boys.png (466KB, 667x310px) Image search: [Google]
the boys.png
466KB, 667x310px
I'm looking for suggestions for more commanders like these. Where they are very open ended when it comes to the deckbuilding and also have a high amount of variance in gameplay between games.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>casting epiphany at the drownyard in dralnu

oh god i think i have found my new love. any dralnu tech that i shouldnt be missing?
>>
>>50674226
I fucking hate Maelstrom Wanderer but he is what you describe.
>>
>>50673578

Yeah, I was pretty sure that would be the case. I was confused specifically because of that ruling, which I had already read in gatherer. But I was suspicious that it didn't apply to melek's effect since it's just an ongoing thing, and it's not an effect that's going to cause the order of my library to change (like a shuffle or putting stuff on top with brainstorm/scrying).

Thanks for clarifying.
>>
File: time_for_death.png (31KB, 191x196px) Image search: [Google]
time_for_death.png
31KB, 191x196px
>The only two gameshops in my city are tiny and never play EDH
>I can only play every other week with friends who don't even have their own decks
>My singles haven't arrived in the mail yet
>EDh general is dead
>>
>>50672199
>Not running 7 boardwipes and 6 indestructible giving enchantments/artifacts

It's like you don't even run "Tariel steal all your creatures angel tribal"
>>
>>50672317
Does it alloe you to rearrange hands?
>>
>>50673881
MCM for the spiciest prices, but you're Canadian so get cucked I guess.
>>
>>50673908
I run it in Oloro, great card.
Many people don't know about it either, their reactions are always great.
>>
>>50667937
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/big-bad-monstrosities/

Here you go.
>>
If i have Goblin Dark-Dwellers out and i use Eerie interlude on it, can GDD target Eerie interlude again when it re-enters the battlefield?
>>
>>50675681
Yes, why shouldn't they be able to do that?
>>
>>50675629
Thank you kindly.
>>
>>50675715

Im not really sure of all the interactions of the game yet, thanks for the answer though.

I have one more question.

If i Rally The Ancestors back all the creatures in my GY and then cast Eerie Interlude, do i still have to exile those creatures?
>>
>>50673785
Azami with Diviner's Wand attached.
>>
>>50675806
I assume you mean from Rally (not from Eerie Interlude)?

No, you don't. When the creatures return to play from Eerie Interlude's effect, they are counted as new copies and won't have the delayed trigger effect created by Rally.
>>
>>50674514
Mesmeric Orb, Covenant of Minds, that one XBB spell where everyone mills and you put X zombies or some shit.
>>
>>50675872
>they are counted as new copies
I have never heard of this. Is it true?
>>
>>50675932
Yes, when you exile a permanent then make it come back, it's not the same permanent as the one that left
>>
>>50675953
Spooky
>>
>>50675977
It's the same reason for why deadeye navigator can dodge removal.
>>
>>50676048
It can dodge removal, if you use your removal on it blindly without thinking.

You can also just respond to the soulbond trigger and kill it.
>>
File: jank.jpg (490KB, 936x445px) Image search: [Google]
jank.jpg
490KB, 936x445px
>Marchesa is out, Skin Invasion is attached to an opponent's creature
>opponent's creature dies for whatever reason, Skin Invasion transforms to Skin Shedder
>Skin Shedder gets a +1/+1 counter for whatever reason and dies for whatever reason, which triggers Marchesa's ability and gives the card a delayed trigger
>Skin Shedder hits the graveyard and transforms back to Skin Invasion
>beginning of next end step, Marchesa's delayed trigger activates and Skin Invasion returns to the battlefield
>because it's an aura that isn't being casted, you can enchant any valid target on the battlefield
>rinse and repeat

Is this correct?
>>
>>50672894
Sidisi can't expoikt herself, the creature with the exploit ability has to be on the battlefield when the cost is paid. http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=sidisi%2C+undead+vizier I got this right from gatherer.
>>
>>50676362
wrong
>>
>>50676362
Black Sidisi can exploit herself. You're misreading the third errata wrong, it's talking about effects or spells that are casted to interrupt the Exploit mechanic.

As for the ruling on if Exploit creatures can exploit themselves -

2/25/2015 You can sacrifice the creature with exploit if it’s still on the battlefield. This will cause its other ability to trigger.

There is the proof.
>>
>>50672894
May I see your Kokusho decklist?
>>
File: CASCAAAAAADE.jpg (156KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
CASCAAAAAADE.jpg
156KB, 853x1280px
IT'S HERE AAAWWW YEEEAAAAHHH

>>50676170
Seems right, yeah.

>>50675629
Ah you're the battlecruiser dude! Your deck is great man, keep up the good work!
>>
>>50676410
My bad
>>
>>50671659
Mycosynth shenanigans just turn that card into a game winner for UW. I'd hardly call that irrelevent.
>>
>>50671843
I wish wizards would release something like eternal masters, except only with lands and not aimed at draft players.
>>
>>50675932
Yes that's why blinking morphed/manifested creatures brings them back to play as their flipped form.
>>
>>50672805
Sadly, you're gonna be hard pressed to find discard at instant speed.
>>
>>50671726
I stick to around 4-5 creature/permanent destroy, 2-4 for artifact/enchantment destruction, and 2-3 board wipe for more control based decks.
>>
>>50676635
>printing a non-multiplayer product and not having it draftable

Wizards doesn't want to throw away money, anon. Also it's a convenient excuse for them not to reprint the cards that actually need reprinted (or in thr amount needed to stabilize their price) so they can stroke the secondary market some more.
>>
>>50676751
I'm begining to notice. But these "masters" set are getting retarded, the first modern masters was great, the second was mediocre at best and eternal masters...

I dunno who made the reprint decissions but would it have been that hard to reprint rishadan port?
>>
>>50676635
If only... They could at least reprint the lesser multicolored lands like painlands and the likes who aren't played on Modern and Legacy that much.

Or print better lands at common and uncommon in normal sets.
>>
>>50675533
Why not? Hand isn't a public zone, so order of the cards doesn't matter like in graves do.
>>
Mulling over Saskia human tribal.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sassy-saskia-2/

Feedback appreciated.
>>
File: 176.jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
176.jpg
77KB, 312x445px
So once I've tuned Edric, I'm gonna be building up a very underpowered edh. I'm gonna use this guy.

I'm gonna include things like Basilisk Collar and the such, but what other spicy tech do you think would work well with him? I need to get a copy of that land that removes Hexproof/Shroud too.

Is there is a red card that remove indestructible besides burn from within?
>>
File: 1401158315057.png (212KB, 330x352px) Image search: [Google]
1401158315057.png
212KB, 330x352px
>>50675353

>5+ Shops within half an hour that run EDH weekly
>Don't even bother because I have a great play group that have been playing EDH together since Time Spiral

I wish I could share this bounty with you Anon.
>>
>>50677041
I'm sure there are. You can also run stuff to give him infect or wither to deal with indestructible.
>>
>>50677041
Arcane lighthouse? Why not add glaring spotlight too?
>>
>>50671082
Breya
>Turn 4 they cast atrax
>Turn 4 you win the game
>>
>>50671082
Thief of blood is great against walkers
>>
>>50677132
Currently playing a Breya combo/control deck and she's absolutely busted. She's in the best control colors and there's so many tutors and combos available that it's just busted. Like she just autokills with a Ashnod's Altar/Krark-Clan Ironworks + Nim Deathmantle/Eldrazi Displacer. And if somehow every combo piece in your deck gets exiled you can still win. Hell one game I had Blinkmoth Urn + Nim Deathmantle out with no combo pieces and just would use all the mana to keep making exponential amounts of thopters until I just burned everyone out of the game.

Atraxa is stupidly popular for some reason but Breya is definitely the best commander of the set.
>>
>>50677367
Grafted exoskeleton is amazing breya tech too, if your playgroup isn't retarded enough to make a "20 poison counters" rule.

She combos with so many things, definitely the best commander of the bunch.
>>
>>50676534
>another br in this thread
awkward psh
>>
Any Kami of the Crescent Moon stax list? The more brutal, the better. I want to watch my opponents complain that they can't cast all the cards I'm giving to them.
>>
>>50677398
I find that card draws a lot of hate and is a lot of mana to actually pull off. Most of the time when I'm killing people with her 3 damage mode I'm just doing it infinitely.

I remember when she was coming out and people were like "the two artifact sac cost is too steep" and "-4/-4 isn't that good." Meanwhile she kills almost every relevant commander (not to mention every other non-partner precon commander from her set minus gaybros) and people act like two artifacts is hard.

Play her with Panharmonicon, good times.
>>
>>50677430
It draws hate, but it's an easy kill on probably at least one player without needing any other combo pieces (besides breya of course), which has worked pretty well for me so far
>>
>>50677488
My issue is that it's 6 mana to cast and equip, then an extra 8 mana and 16 artifacts to actually kill someone. The card doesn't do much in the deck outside of that since it's not really a deck that cards about attacking.

I think I'd try Tainted Strike though. 1 mana compared to 6 and you can do it at instant speed. It has some other applications too, if someone is swinging at an opponent with a 10/10 you can kill them out of nowhere.
>>
>>50677524
I run tainted strike in all my decks that have black, absolutely disgusting card.
>>
>>50677430
It's mostly that if you're able to churn out artifacts and mana to be able to chain-gun her ability, you're probably already winning.
>>
>>50677597
I suppose, I've just been unimpressed with Grafted Exoskeleton in general. It does have the potential to one-shot someone in a lot of decks but it's that 6-mana startup that gets me.

Maybe it's just that my playgroup has a stigma against infect and anything resembling dying to infect damage gets hated off the table immediately and you'll get targeted every game until you remove it.

The card is really fun in Vial Smasher decks though. Cast an Ulamog, kill someone instantly.
>>
>>50674514
Got a list? Thinking about converting Melek over to Dralnu, but I'm still on the fence about it.
>>
>>50677627
Honestly, I'm with you. It can be backbreaking on something like Nekusar, but it takes a lot of setup and paints a huge target on you in the meantime. Tainted Strike is a more fun option because of the blowout hilarity. Dropping Exoskeleton means you need to be equipping it that turn and going for broke, or you've become Public Enemy #1 and need to survive un-fucked-with until you can go off next turn.
>>
>>50673785
Sliver Hivelord Auratron.
>>
>>50677587
>>50677524

I run an infect deck and... I hadn't even thought of using Tainted Strike like that... Absolutely devious.
>>
File: IMG_20161213_123448.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161213_123448.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
Spent my lunch time building the list, can't wait to test it now.

>>50677407
>another
Though I was the only one
>>
So, I had a Mizzix list and it was... okay. Part of my problem is I felt like I had no finishers, because I couldn't go too hard on X spells (because they were a real non-bo with things like Mizzix's Mastery or Epic Experiment). I decided I'd like to convert it to a Melek deck, but ideally not a combo one; can such a deck be made? Just playing fun UR spells? I don't need it to be hyper-good, just... playable.
>>
>>50677829
Play Gelectrode and friends, Guttersnipe and Sphinx-Bone Wand as wincons; everything else can be anything you want.

The good part of those cards is that you can tune the rest of the deck to be as competitive or casual as you want.
>>
>>50675353
>no one to play edh with
>flgs is too small for commander tournies
>the only guy I play with is a giant shitlord who abuses cheap low cost counter spell bullshit
>I have two decks I haven't got to test
>edh general is being consumed by the lamest trolls on 4chan
Well, I should probably move somewhere else at this point...
>>
>>50677878
Good enough for me. As it is, it felt like my only real win-con with Mizzix was just casting a bunch of spells with Arjuun and Psychosis Crawler out.

I'll draw up a new list.
>>
>>50677829
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/30-10-15-weird-science/

This is my non-infinite storm Melek deck, it does pretty well and can often just play control if you need it to. Melek isn't totally necessary but generates huge value when he sticks and will often win the game with double Mystical Tutor.
>>
>>50677896
>abuses cheap low cost counter spell bullshit
This is one of the easiest things to beat. If it's 1v1, just tune your shit to fuck him up. Put in counter hate, or just focus on forcing through threat after threat. He will run out of counters before you run out of threats.

If it's multiplayer, holy fucking shit how is he beating you? Trying to go for the 'counter everything' plan in multiplayer is basically a guarantee of 3rd place.
>>
>>50677901
I'm not gonna lie, I'm really only using Melek for 3 reasons.

1) I feel like running Mizzix sorta changes the way you build it; you want spells on a sort of 'curve' so you can not only continually trigger her, but get max value out of it. This also hurts because if she dies your deck takes a big shot in the dick because your big spells cost a million again.

2) Of the available UR Commanders, Melek feels like the best choice for "I'm gonna sling goofy-ass spells everywhere" without painting a gigantic target on my head

3) I like the name 「 W E I R D S C I E N C E 」 more than the name I was using for Mizzix
>>
>>50677925
You don't have to counter everything for counterspells to be good, blue control decks are very good
>>
>>50677925
Oh, you misunderstand. It's not difficult to deal with, it's just incredibly boring and unfun to play against. Either I smash him into oblivion with my overtuned lists and he pouts, or he beats my 75% lists and acts like a jackass. Daxos of melitis man, that's some straight nonsense every single game, particularly if you're running a for fun jank commander.
>>
File: 1481618538657.jpg (13KB, 240x150px) Image search: [Google]
1481618538657.jpg
13KB, 240x150px
>friends claims he's made animar so unbeatable and top tier
>all that was done eldrazi were added along with ancestral statue to make animar go infinite in a sense
>ever since he brought this up he consistently loses with animar due to everyone expending all counterspells on everything he does
>switches gear and proceeds to complain that we're hating on casual deck
>>
>>50678028
Permission decks literally cannot exist in a multiplayer game unless they have some way of reusing the same cards infinitely. They WILL run out of permission before the other 3 players run out of threats.

Even in 1v1, you don't really see "hard" control decks, you see tempo decks that just use counters to keep their opponent from stabilizing.
>>
>>50678028
If you play around "control buster" decks then blue control can be substantially weaker than combining with other colors. Basically the only upside they have is more counters but they still have issues with artifacts and enchantments and often scoop hard to any type of control hate. My Saskia deck is built to eat control players and it does that well.
>>
>>50678044
Animar is a Stage 4 deck. It's a pubstomp that falls apart when it has more than 1 set of guns pointed at it, but will wreck a game of Stage 3 or lower decks if you leave it alone.

You really wanna make him cry, build a Stage 5.
>>
>>50677829
This isn't my current list, since it's in a constant state of change and I can't be bothered to type up 99 cards matching set and foils, but it's close to what I play. My most common wincons are:
>Sphinx-Bone Wand
+Does incremental damage, and can ping creatures when needed
-Usually needs to survive a wheel around the table before you start getting value
>Dualcaster Mage+Rite of Replication
+Infinite 2/2 bears
-No haste
-Infinite combo
>Reset/Turnabout+Reiterate
+Reset, Reiterate and Mystical Tutor(for Blue Sun or Turnabout) is tutorable with Firemind's Foresight
+Instant speed wincon
-Infinite combo
>Bribery
+Can be copied for extra wincons
+Finds Eldrazi Titans
-Creature-based wincons can be easily interrupted
>Guttersnipe/Talrand/Pyromancer+SPELLS
+Interactive, generates value while stopping your opponents gameplan
-Incremental damage means it takes a while to win and is telegraphed
>Epic Experiment for X=15+
+Fun
-can whiff
I think my most current list added Ignite Memories as a wincon to Experiment or Mind's Desire into. Also considering Dynavolt Tower as a mini Wand that comes out earlier and kills problematic creatures. I used to run Eye of the Storm as a wincon with a ritual or land untapper and Mystical Tutor under it with melek out to cast my whole deck and generate an absurd storm count before tutoring up Ignite Memories.
>>
>>50678060
>stage 4
>build stage 5

Anon I don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>50678045
The issue with the counterspell deck is they really can't control well. Eventually you run out of mana and spells and something resolves you can't deal with. Real control decks can run a plethora of removal to back it up. So when your opponent slams a big beater, you let it resolve but if it comes pointed at you, it gets removed.

Half of control in EDH is having your opponents go at each other because they're afraid you'll wreck them with removal and counterspells if they try coming at you. Just playing counterspells means you have to counter anything that CAN threaten you, not just things that WILL threaten you.
>>
How does Zur work for control?

I play so many infinite combo bullshit decks that I've been building less combo.

Zur seems pretty practical, I like that he pulls out any enchant. I don't want to run hyper competitive Zur, and I do want a control deck.

Saw {SHARPDRESSEDMAN} or whatever that jojo reference guy had listed, thought that was an okay jumping off point.
>>
>>50678080
I read an... well, more a blog post than an article, but I liked it.

It basically divided Commander decks into five stages (he called them tiers, but it was backwards so a higher number was stronger)

Stage 1 is jank, draft-chaff, gimmicks. The weakest decks, usually either "I threw together 100 Standard-legal cards from my small collection", 'troll decks' that are just tons of removal with no win con to fuck with people, or the stupid gimmick decks gA makes (examples listed were 'Chair Tribal' or 'Ladies Looking Left' on the original post).

Stage 2 is "casual". This is about where all the precons fall; there's not gonna be stupid french vanilla creatures, and there's generally a coherent theme or strategy to the deck. They likely still have some suboptimal choices and bad curves, and any combos tend to be inconsistent or have a ton of parts.

Stage 3 is "75%", that whole thing with building a deck to 75% efficiency so it can be played competitively without wiping the floor with more casual players. These are generally considered the most common kinds of decks.

Stage 4 is "Pubstomp". Kaalia, Jhoira, Rafiq, etc; the people who think their decks are unbeatable and they are the hottest shit alive. MLD, combos, stax, extra turns; 'mean' decks that crush more casual ones pretty handily, and that most EDH players would list as 'the best decks'

Stage 5 is the true degenerate shit, the real boogeymen that can win on like turn 4 through disruption. Unfair shit is the name of the game; Storm, Doomsday, Ooze Combo, the stuff that makes the game feel like singleton vintage.
>>
File: MPS Izzet League Basics.jpg (2MB, 3361x2855px) Image search: [Google]
MPS Izzet League Basics.jpg
2MB, 3361x2855px
>>50678077
>I didn't post my list
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/but-thenwhich-meanswhich-leads-toexactly/
>>
>>50678077
Thank you for the advice! I like using Talrand/Young Peezy to add bodies to my spells, Epic Experiiment is just stupid fun, and I think I'm okay with putting in the Reset/Reiterate combo as a 'last resort'. I don't like reaching for infinite combos as my primary wincon, but sometimes you need a nuclear option.
>>
>>50678147
Good lord, in no universe should you ever be using my decks as a template of how to win.
>>
>>50678044

One of the guys in my playgroup has an Animar Eldrazi deck and as someone who plays infect, that thing is fucking terrifying when he has all those absurd Eldrazi on the field, like the one where you just can't cast spells of an odd number cmc, or is it even?
>>
>>50678185
You make me laugh gA. Newer posters have no idea of the jank that lurks within.
>>
>>50678060
give me a rundown on what the stages are and what they mean
>>
>>50678185
Nah nah, I understand you use jank. I want a control Zur that's just focused on making the board state more interesting. And possibly chipping out a few commander damage victories.
>>
>>50678148
Got a link to said blog post? I always like reading nonsense
>>
>>50678206
see >>50678148
>>
>>50678210
http://thenotacleverman.tumblr.com/post/154092525150/power-level-in-edh
>>
>>50673785
Zurgo Helmsmasher
>>
>>50673785
Sigarda.

I love watching people squirm as they struggle to remove her.
>>
>>50678148
Although I think almost any commander can be "competitive" when built right. I mean most commander decks become truly degenerate because they invested in expensive ramp and an awesome land package.
>>
>>50678254
Eh....

At a certain point of competitiveness, either your Commander is a focal point of your combo, or basically just exists for the colors.
>>
>>50677925
I wanna know what bizarro meta EDH general plays in where counterspells are bad.
>>
File: 1476730577724.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1476730577724.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>playing against brago
>>
>>50678080
Some blogpost from a degenerate who loves competitive EDH that divides decks into arbitrary tiers while demonstrating a fundamental lack of understanding about the format and philosophy. TL;DR of this >>50678148
>>
>>50678286
Counterspells aren't bad, but they're also not some insurmountable boogeyman. I generally only run a handful of counterspells even in a heavy control deck, because it is a fool's errand to try to counter every threat thrown at you. You use counterspells to stop massively game-swinging plays, but you also need to be building up your own shit, too. You don't have the luxury of running a full third of your deck as 'good' counterspells like you do playing a hard control deck in, say, Standard. Dropping a Hinder on a game-ending play is good. Trying to stop everything over 3 CMC is a good way to lose.
>>
>>50678316
I mean, any tiers are gonna be 'arbitrary'. I think it's somewhat helpful to group decks into general 'power levels' like that.
>>
>>50673785
Drana kalastria blood chief
>>
>>50678266
I've played Lin Sivvi for years and have beaten a variety of decks ranging from competitive Marath combo/control builds to dozens of other competitive and casual decks. She's not just "for the colors" and yeah, she won't exactly compete with the truly degenerate shit, but she's resilient, scrappy, and blows a lot of people out.

My philosophy is choose a commander that you want and build it to the best of your ability.

>>50678286
They're never "bad," just making a deck that's only focused on countering is bad. Every blue deck should run a few.
>>
>>50678165
You should double sleeve, friend.
>>
>>50678333
>The plural of 'anecdote' is 'data'!

Just because YOUR Lin Sivvi deck revolves around the commander doesn't mean that every single 'competitive' deck ever made does. A nonzero amount of them are playing the commander primarily because those colors are necessary to run the combo pieces, and maybe secondarily for some benefit.

Also, no offense, but I have trouble believing that a mono-white rebel deck can 'consistently' beat competitive decks.
>>
>>50678326
Even competitive EDH players can't agree on tier 1 and tier 2 decks in that format and you're going to try to do that for every decklist? Just knowing relative powerlevel of common highly tuned commanders is more than enough. Example: that anon said Animar is tier 4. Maybe an Animar list he plays with or has seen is the "tryhard" tier but Animorphs is not tier 4 on this arbitrary scale and Imperial Animar is not tier 4 either. Leave the blog post on reddit where it was found.
>>
>>50678372
They are, using KMC Hyper Mattes and Perfect Fits. Just took them out for the pic, there was too much glare.
>>
>>50678387
No, I didn't say for every decklist. I said general power groupings. Your average Animar deck probably falls into a 4; it's a pubstomp deck that shits all over 75% decks if it gets going, but won't stand up to a hardcore competitive deck.

Could an Animar deck be built as a 5? Possibly. Could you build one as a 3? Absolutely. Could you intentionally hamstring yourself into a 2 or even a 1 with a silly gimmick? You bet your ass.

But your average Animar deck, when people are DISCUSSING Animar decks, is gonna be a Type 4 tryhard pubstomp.
>>
>>50678228
>>50678316
Well that was a terrible read but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

>>50678317
My brother in law used to have planeswalker teferi as commander and filled it with around 20 counterspells, eventually dismantled it after the group kicked him for just countering everything for the sake of doing it
>>
File: 1479428581742.jpg (19KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1479428581742.jpg
19KB, 512x512px
>mfw I finally got an LED for Kozilek, Great Distortion
>>
>>50678373
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lin-sivvi-rebel-hatebears/

You'd be surprised how far a couple of hate cards and some rebels get you.

Like I consider it a "75% deck" but it does better than most 75% decks and can often beat on higher tiers.
>>
>>50678428
Our group had a guy that ran OG Teferi as the Commander, and pretty much the entire rest of the deck was counterspells. I swear to god we suspected him of cheating because on the rare occasion he brought the deck out, he'd counter your turn 2 play with a Mana Drain, and then play a turn 3 Teferi. It was beatable (especially in multiplayer) but it was fucking miserable to play against.
>>
>>50678453
This is not a 75% deck. This is a gimmick deck. This is a goofy Rebel deck with a small handful of hate cards in it. I'm sure that occasionally those hate cards come through and manage to disrupt what your opponent is doing, but I question that you can do this consistently, because you're playing the single weakest mono-color in EDH.
>>
>>50678425
You're missing the point. What's the purpose of talking about the average Animar deck in a format where every decklist is different and every meta has wild fluctuations in powerlevel? Also we have no way of knowing the average Animar list and the closest we have (edhrec) is an incredibly small sample size.
>>
>>50678453
>Mono white
>Angelic Purge
>Smuggler's Copter
>Distorting Lens 'combo'
>"Competitive"
Sure.
>>
>>50678512
>>50678474
Haters gonna hate but I stand by this deck.
>>
File: 1479310503719.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479310503719.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
>>50678453
>1100$ for this
>>
>>50678453
Its literally a stoneforge mystic singleton deck and none of the true hatebears besides mindsensor. You are not fooling anyone.
>>
>>50678525

They aren't haters, they are just being honest. Everyone wants to think their pet deck is some ultra tuned competitive deathmonster, but in your case it's just a pile of shiny garbage.
>>
I like this new "power level" thing. let's all list our decks and their estimated power levels

>Xenagos smash
80%, but draws hate like crazy, so it feels like 70% or 75%
>Kokusho lifedrain
80%
>Gahiji Creature Salesman
would be 40% but it contains a few haymakers, so actually 60%
>Ayli Recur and Control
65%, only really wins through attrition
>>
>>50678500
...because probably 9 out of every 10 Animar decks any of us have ever played against are roughly in the same ballpark power wise?

Yeah, every list is different, every meta is different, you can build any deck a dozen ways, blah blah blah. I'm not saying every single Animar deck that has ever existed ranks at the exact same power level down to the tenth decimal point, I'm saying that GENERALLY, MOST Animar decks are going to be the tryhard pubstomp variety. That doesn't mean all of them are, but it means most of them are, and if I sit down across from an Animar deck, I'm gonna assume it's Pubstomp until I'm shown otherwise.

That's not true of all Commanders; there's plenty where I'm not gonna have a clue what the power level is until I've actually played against it a few times, because they're not commonly played one way more than the others, but there's absolutely some Commanders that tend to be built a certain way, and a lot of those happen to be "Pubstomp" ones (which says more about Pubstomp players than it does about those commanders)
>>
>>50678547
Fortunately I've had fun with my pile of shiny garbage and have beaten decks that it shouldn't beat.
>>
>>50678543
I mean that's what happens when you get foil foreign versions of all your shitty cards
>>
File: 1400532392763.png (285KB, 476x530px) Image search: [Google]
1400532392763.png
285KB, 476x530px
>>50678564

Good on you! I'm glad you have won some games, and enjoy your deck. I also win games, and enjoy my decks, but I'm not retarded enough to think that makes my bad decks good.
>>
>>50678564
>I've had fun with
That's fantastic. No sarcasm, I'm legitimately glad that you have fun with your deck, because this is a fucking game and that is the entire point. If you're enjoying yourself, that's all that really matters.

>And have beaten decks that it shouldn't beat
And there's the key thing. You beat decks you -shouldn't have beaten-. You did not beat them because your deck is some kind of godslaying machine, you beat them because variance exists and sometimes you get the bad beats. Your deck is fun to you, and that's great. It looks interesting with the Rebel theme, and that's great. But it's not some hardcore tuned deck, it's not 'hatebears', and there are absolutely some laughably suboptimal cards in there. If you presented this as "look at my hatebear deck, I like it", you'd get a way different reaction than "lol my deck is so good it beats Marath combo decks all the time gg ez no re" and then show us that shit.
>>
>>50678564
>>50678588
how can a deck be "bad" if you're having fun with it? go back to your spike formats, mr level 1
>>
>>50678619

This is one of the most retarded things I have ever read on /tg/.
>>
>>50678672
You're responding to an obvious troll. Cool your tits and if you ignore it, it'll go away.
>>
>>50678693

I sometimes worry that we mistake the deeply stupid for trolls.
>>
>>50678704
The real point is, they're indistinguishable, therefore they're effectively the same, because even the stupidest troll knows that whole "I was just pretending to be retarded to make you mad" schtick.
>>
>Caring about powerlevel and competitiveness of an EDH deck
Where am I ? In the modern general ?
>>
>>50678823
Some people looked at a multiplayer format full of battlecruiser decks, huge splashy cards, and plenty of room for customization and flavor, and then asked themselves how they could butcher it into Singleton Legacy.
>>
Am I the only one who hates Planeswalkers? They just feel so cheap to me.
>>
>>50678872
Nah, there's plenty of other scrubs who can't deal with them and just call them "cheap" instead. It's just that most of them got good in the 9 years since they came out.
>>
>>50678872
I think when they don't come up often it's fine, however I absolutely hate superfriends. I wouldn't have a problem with them if you could only have 1 out at a time.
>>
>>50678872
The problem is that it's not that easy to deal with them beside attacking them
Every color should have access to another way of removing planeswalker
>>
>>50678922
>Every color should have access to another way of removing planeswalker
I'm sorry, is "you can fucking attack them" not universal enough for you? Literally every color has a way of dealing with them already, and it's called Creatures. You know, that thing that there's more of than any other card type?
>>
>>50678893
>>50678922
>>50678891

I get that other cards are basically "You need to remove this in the next 3 turns or I'm going to win" but Planeswalkers still feel way cheaper.
>>
>>50678922
>blue
has bounce
>red
has burn
>black
has straight up planeswalker murder
>white
unexpectedly absent
>green
song of the dryads

I mean, I get what you are saying, but when you are playing a format that has access to essentially the entire card base, each color can find something that works.
>>
Other than Carnifex Demon and Pic Related, what's some good tech for moving -1/-1 counters around?
>>
>>50678958
Why is that? You can't attack enchantments. You can't just ping an artifact every other turn to keep it from going nuclear. They generate value every turn, but so do tons of other cards that are notably harder to 'deal with'. Most Planeswalkers are gonna get off 2, maybe 3 activations before they bite the dust.
>>
>>50678967
Depending on your colors, everlasting torment could work
>>
>>50678965
I wasn't only talking about EDH
And if Green only has Song of the Dryads in a 100 singleton deck, it's simply not enough
>>
>>50678972

That's under the assumption everyone has an anti-planeswalker card in their hand, and that's simply unlikely to me since they are a specialized threat. Attacking a planeswalker can be just as difficult as attacking a player if they have blockers up. Last game I had one of the players had an Elspeth and was shitting out 3 1/1 knight tokens a turn. Without trample, that ain't going anywhere.
>>
>>50678990
>I wasn't only talking about EDH
You're in an EDH thread, fuckhead. In Modern you have some good aggressive creatures to beat the shit out of planeswalkers (as well as access to a lot of the removal for them), and Lightning Bolt handily deals with plenty. In Standard, there's not many that are that GOOD, and you can still rock them with creatures or just bounce them.

Hell, you wanna know how good of an answer 'creatures' are for planeswalkers? For a while there SLASH PANTHER was a good card in Vintage because it smacked Jace across his hooded bitch face on turn 1.
>>
>>50678967
Fate Transfer
>>
File: Spice.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Spice.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>50678967
there is puncture blast, hateflayer, and lockjaw snapper off the top of my head. Also, dont forget about this guy.
>>
>>50678990
Beast Within
>>
>>50678990
Stompy tramplers, or going wide with elves... you know, what green does best
>>
>>50679025
Well obviously Planeswalkers are cheap and impossible to answer when you construct the Anti Backwards Christmasland where your opponent has an impenetrable defense and you're trying to beat him with a Raging Goblin while you're hellbent and have only 2 mountains.
>>
>>50678990
Lignify? Bramblecrush? Beast Within?

Green has some of the best ways to deal with planeswalkers as they are non-creature permanents and the spells used answer other threats as well.
>>
>>50678990
Beast Within, Bramblecrush, Chain of Acid, Mold Shambler, Rootgrapple, Woodfall Primus.
>>
>>50678990
Bramblecrush, Beast within, desert twister, and woodfall primus off the top of my head.
>>
>>50671659
All of those hit your own shit too. Consulate Crackdown is one-sided.
>>
>>50679096
>All of those hit your own shit too
1) Vandalblast does not
2) If you're RUNNING Stony Silence, it's not likely you have that many artifacts to shut off
>>
>>50678967
Incremental blight, soul snuffers and midnight banshee are pretty good. Necroskitter is also pretty fun.
>>
File: staypuff.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
staypuff.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
out of zedruu and ertai which do you think is a better marshmellow enchantress?

zedruu seems like the most fun idea but the lifegain/draw might attract too much attention when i have a bloated life and hand . ertai can trade restoring lesser threats for stopping game enders but the ease of cheap counterspells might be seen as a more immediate bigger threat before he is even casted.
>>
>>50679037
is that some spicy anti atraxa tech?
>>
>>50679198
I'd recommend Karador, actually. You're really hamstringing yourself by not dipping into green, and Karador has all the fun of letting you re-use Enchantment Creatures. The GW gives you access to the best of the Enchantress support (Argothian/Mesa/Verduran Enchantress, plus Eidolon of Fuckmothering Blossoms; all the good G/W enchantment support stuff, etc etc), plus the good Black enchants.
>>
>>50679208
Only the spiciest for you, anon.
>>
>>50671843
I made a ~$100 list from that but in order to make it budget it needed a new win condition :/
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mogis-flips-out/
It's a shell of the former deck really
I'd recommend exploring forcing your opponents to draw on your turn with Uba Mask out, especially when it also forces them to lose life as black tends to do
>>
>>50677780
thanks for the list, bruh
>>
>>50678559
>because probably 9 out of every 10 Animar decks any of us have ever played against are roughly in the same ballpark power wise?

This is precisely the fallacious thinking that blog post propogates and I can prove it.

https://edhrec.com/commanders/animar-soul-of-elements

I want you to count how many cards are just 50%+ or over. It's nowhere near a full deck's worth of cards. There are maybe a handful of commanders that have really similar decks, none of the precons are among those commanders. Zur is probably the biggest example.

Conjecture isn't something to base a tier list on.
>>
>>50680083
>EDHRec is an accurate microcosm of all Commander decks
>>
>>50679231
your right about having the best color support for enchantments, but he doesn't support enchantments himself directly as the others can. i wanted to use stuff like ice cage and pacifism as a means of resource. zedruu can draw per enchantment per turn since giving my opponent the pacifism that is stopping thier blightsteel cannot benifit my opponet except for niche decks like shatter bros. being able to have beefy health with that draw is a added bonus. ertai can use token creatures and dip into enchantments if need be.

karador can combo well with creatures that happen to be enchantments, but is meant as a creature reanimator first and in no way himself turns a lethargy or a pacifism into a means of gaining an advantage of any kind.
>>
>>50680062
You're welcome. There's some suboptimal picks because I just like the cards like the split card and Sprouting Vines but it's a good start.
>>
>>50680106
Would you recommend including Dream Halls and Rattleclaw Shaman?
>>
>>50680098

>Implying it's not
>>
>>50680099
Well fuck you too, sorry I deigned to give my opinion instead of just repeating yours.
>>
>>50678990
For just permanent removal Green has:
Song of the Dryads
Beast Within
Desert Twister
Tornado
Spine of Ish Sah
Ulamog
Unstable Obelisk

Get into noncreature permanent the list explodes.
>>
>>50680143
>Rattleclaw Shaman
Yeah it's a good way to ramp. I would use one but mine is on Animar.

>Dream Halls
HELL YEAH the spells still have cascade even cast for free and pitching cards help if you have a graveyard-matters subtheme like my deck.
>>
>>50680106
>>50680143
I meant Rattleclaw Mystic *
>>
>>50680098
>my personal experience is more accurate than an unbias scraping site with hundreds of lists

Shut up or admit you're wrong, Fagatha Christie.
>>
>>50680172
Thank you for the help
>>
File: Just another day in canada.jpg (139KB, 952x500px) Image search: [Google]
Just another day in canada.jpg
139KB, 952x500px
>outside is abominable, even for snowmen
>a few cards for Zur have come in to my flgs
>if I decided to brave the elements I have $30 to spend on janky nonsense
>if I decide to stay home, I can order $30 worth of pizza and get my cards later
Goddamned paradoxes. What would you buy to make the trip worth while, and better than $30 of pizza?
>>
>>50680209

>$30 of pizza

How many people is that for?
>>
>>50680209
>zur

Correct answer is to leave the $30 for funerary expenses after you immolate yourself.
>>
>>50680194
>A site that pulls lists from Tappedout is an accurate microcosm of every single EDH deck that has ever been built
>>
>>50680172
Why did you decide to include Dream Cache?
>>
>>50680239
>I have seen and memorized more edh lists than is the amount on edhrec

This was a nice general until you started being a faggot. It also pulls from more than tappedout.
>>
>>50677780
Huh, looking at that list made me realize Unexpected Results would be amazing in my Big CMC deck.
>>
>>50680209
>30$ pizza
How many pizzas are you gonna order?
>>
>>50680252
Cheap, I like the art and is another way to put stuff I want to cascade into from my hand onto the deck or just get rid of something to the bottom.

>>50680267
I playtested the big CMC list on Forge and one of the changes I made was getting Unexpected results and Temporal Aperture I think on the list.

>>50680209
>30$ of pizza or 30$ of cards for Zur
Stay and eat pizza. Zur can wait.
>>
>>50680262
One of the most common complaints here is that EDHRec is shit because the lists are just 10% rock-obvious synergy cards and 90% stupid goodstuff. Are you seriously defending EDHRec as an accurate representation of Commander decks?
>>
>>50680308
I'm seriously telling you that the site pools hundreds of lists to calculate averages and that it has a much bigger and much more diverse sample size for the average Animar deck than what you have encountered.
>>
>>50678165
Nice to see someone other than me with the awesome MPS lands.
>>
>>50680220
>>50680279
I'm ordering an extra large three topping with sausage, new york pepperoni and extra cheese. I think there's some kind of deal where I can add onion rings, dipping sauce, and a drink while keeping it under $30 with delivery.

Alternatively, I could get 3 large pepperoni/cheese pizzas and use it as bait to lure my friends out of hiding, for the purposes of playing magic.

>>50680294
Oh, the cards aren't for Zur. I've already paid for those ones. I was going to dig through the bulk rare bin and maybe pick up a few izzet things for my janky jori-en artifact deck.

>>50680233
Anon, it would cost more than $30 to give one of my ass cheeks a funeral. I'm going out Gruul-style. First, I'll be cremated, then I will be mixed with the soil so someone can grow weed from my corpse, then they'll smoke plant-me, die, and the cycle will continue.
>>
>>50680160
i appreciate the advice, i really do. i specified two commanders to operate a specific archtype and you told me a interesting third option. hes great that he can bring back creatures to support enchantments but i had a certaint stratigy in mind.
>>
>>50680336
It might have a bigger total sample size, but I call bullshit that it's not biased. I've seen way too many 'lists' that just have stupid goodstuff shit that I've literally never seen in someone's actual LIST, either in person or online. I think it feeds into itself, where people use it to build their decks, and then it uses their list to reinforce that the 'best cards' it listed are popular. It just creates a feedback loop.
>>
>>50680294
Oh wow, didn't know about Temporal Aperture.

Gonna try to fit both in.
>>
>>50680368
>I was going to dig through the bulk rare bin and maybe pick up a few izzet things for my janky jori-en artifact deck
Shit I love doing that. I would go to the LGS in that case, do they have a large box of old shit? I wish mine had older cards, it's all standard jank.

>>50680397
There's 5 or 6 cards that have similar effects, I don't know them all because I mostly use Forge to search for cards and those are hard to code effects.
>>
>>50672894
Play the original deck and tell your friends to stop sucking at Magic. No deck is a guaranteed win, every strategy has its counters.

Grave hate and counterspells are things that exist. Also Winter Orb and Ob Nixilis Unshackled can punish excessive tutoring.
>>
>>50673785
Mimeoplasm. It's quite a bit of fun to one shot people out of nowhere.
>>
>>50680425
Well, it's less of a bin and more of a single long box, but I snagged a carnival of souls, ophiomancer, body snatcher, savage summoning, and OG Sek'kuar last time I was in.
>>
Favorite spicy combos?

>tutor for academy rector
>cast it and sac it
>put omniscience into play

i'm known as the "johnny" in my group
>>
File: Extract_OD.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Extract_OD.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>50680536
Almost got me there.
>>
>>50680536
Not necessarily a combo. But kicking Rite of Replication on Biovisionary is pretty spicy.
>>
A bit late into the thread, but I'm gonna pick it up anyway. Two threads ago, an anon suggested a discord server for EDH/Commander. Another said he wanted to set up the server, but so far, he hasn't posted anything. Is that anon still here? Is there even enough interest? If he doesn't reply and there is, I'd do it.
>>50643370 >>50643290 >>50643396
>>
>>50672894
keep the old deck the way it was and make another budget deck but dont pull the other one apart. my biggest regrets in mtg is pulling apart wierd but effective decks because i made someone salty.
>>
>>50680604
Turbo-stasis anon here,
Id love to talk edh over discord, today I'm busy studying for finals and going to my lgs to play edh. I'd be on tomorrow, or later, though
>>
>>50680536
>Gitrog on the field
>Dakmor Salvage on the hand
>Raven's Crime
No fun allowed anymore, baby.
>>
>>50680604
oh yeah that was me

i've been really busy with work bullshit so i haven't got around to it. but anyway:

https://discord.gg/rk3vgtg

here's a discord group. feel free to give suggestions on improving it
>>
>>50680396
It's not biased because it's just code that checks sites for lists. It's not a person who lives in a certain area or only plays with certain people. I don't know what's so shocking to think a lot of people make lists primarily composed of good stuff. That's why it's called good stuff.

Also if you're feedback theory was plausible then wouldn't it stand to reason that more commanders (especially popular ones) would have recommendations with percentages higher than 40ish% on average?
>>
>>50680748
>two people
if more people show up i'll rejoin. put it in the OPs or something.
>>
>tfw one large pizza costs $30 here in Norway

Even dying to junk food is expensive here.
>>
>>50680536
Rasputin dreamweaver + eldrazi displacer. :^) the only that's gonna do anything with his creatures is me.
>>
>>50680903
It's just been created, what did you expect
>>
>>50680536
>zada and a few creatures
>otherworldly outburst into mog infestation for a decent size army
>recast zada next turn and pump n swing for lethal

good gobbo best glass cannon
>>
>>50680903
i literally just created it just now so yeah, 2 people
>>
>>50680368
>friends

I wish I had friends to bait with pizza and then play magic with. ;_;
>>
>>50678985
I fucking wish. Wanna try -1/-1 Counter Atraxa. That card would be great, but alas, Red.

>>50679037
See above, but Lockjaw Snapper has promise.

>>50679033
Interesting. I like it, I'd just prefer a repeatable effect, or something. Still, it is what it is.

>>50679178
This is good stuff, too.

Moving counters from one permanent to another is surprisingly hard. This is starting to look like more trouble than it's worth. Oh well. Thanks for the help, guys.
>>
>>50680985
I do too anon. I also live in the frigid north, but I'm going to my store to waste money and pretend to have friends instead.
>>
New thread. Now with 100% more Discord.

>>50682322
>>50682322
>>50682322
>>
>>50676534
>Ogro Mago
didn't know they came in actual ogre speak, thats cool.
>>
>>50681081
>Frigid north
Like what, not Finland?
I wish I had someone to bait me with pizza, I'm a hungry motherfucker.
>>
>>50680209
I would get cards desu.
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.