[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 59

File: BwYMOXmIUAAy5wy.png (359KB, 447x322px) Image search: [Google]
BwYMOXmIUAAy5wy.png
359KB, 447x322px
Spikeshit edition

Previous thread: >>50624051

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info

Thread questions:

>Best color combination for Commander?

>Best and worst combos?
>>
Bumping so thread doesn't die before the commander-fags wake up.
>>
File: 9.jpg (92KB, 524x523px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
92KB, 524x523px
>>50641489
I got Mizzix spells and Xenagod Ramp, what deck should I get next?
Meren?
>>
File: bestcardinmtg.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
bestcardinmtg.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
>>50641779
Meren was my first edh deck. Tons of fun but shit like bojuka bog and tormod's crypt will make you wanna off yourself right there at the table.

But if you like decks that are built around the commander and interact a lot with the graveyard you'll prolly like Meren. Also spore frog.
>>
File: 65.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
65.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>50641815
One of the reasons I want to build Meren is becaues I also got a NewKalitas lying around and he could pretty fun together with sac-outlets and pic related
>>
>>50641846
Does sound like some spicy tech. You could also go the "control" route and just make tokens and sac them while having Grave Pact affects out. No one gets creatures.
>>
>>50641846
>NewKalitas

i'd like to use him for my funny casual budget zombo tribal but rrreee why does he have to be 20 bucks
>>
>>50642018
Good in Standard, Good in modern, good in Commander.

Too good
>>
>>50642033
>>50642018

And little less than a year until it rotates, so he's not going down anytime soon
>>
>>50642033
can't they just errata lightning bolt to do 4 damage so he can't be played in modern FUCK
>>
I'm thinking of building Esper discard, but can't decide in between Tripletits and Espertai. I have a foil Hatching Plans, but that's about it when it comes to Ertai. Triplets seem to synergize better anyway with the overall gameplan in my opinion, but I really can't decide. One of friends is building Ertai as well so that knocks my ecitement down a few knots anyway.

I feel like I have too many swords on the anvil anyway, since I'm brewing GG, Kraj, aforementioned Esper, Yidris and thinking of Shatter Mario Bros stax as well, but that I haven't even started.

GG, Kraj and Yidris are nigh finished, with cannibalizing T&L for Yidris for the better stuff such as Time Spiral, but otherwise missing a few cards for Kraj and GG I need to get but cannot be bothered and I don't even have time to play, let alone pick cards up from LGS before Christmas is over.

tl;dr brewing too much and can't decide what to do with unfinished decks and ideas.
What do?
>>
>>50642018
It's like that with a lot of cards. Why is old Avacyn 18€? Why is elesh norn 18€? Why the fuck is the sheoldred with the good art 10 - 15€?
>>
>>50641815
>Tons of fun but shit like bojuka bog and tormod's crypt will make you wanna off yourself right there at the table.

You do not know the hell of not drawing artifact removal and getting locked by nihil spellbomb + salvaging station.
>>
>>50642127
>Why is old Avacyn 18€?
Good EDH mythic and angel.
>Why is elesh norn 18€?
Actually played in other formats.
>Why the fuck is the sheoldred with the good art 10 - 15€?
Good EDH mythic
>>
>>50642127
Of all things, what baffles me is why for living fuck is Vigor's price so high. It's not played in any format, rarely even in EDH
>>
>>50642440
sheoldred is actually pretty shit imo. she's not that great at reanimating, she's not that great at controlling and she definitely isn't that great at beating face. i think people who buy her are mostly collectors or something since she is one of the praetors
>>
/r/equesting the most middle-tier commanders there are.
>>50642468
no, she is really good in a slower non-spike meta
she buttfucks decks that go tall and can bring back dumb etb fucks
>>
File: sheoldred.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
sheoldred.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>50642468
I can agree with her not being great at reanimating, mostly because she hardly ever survives one rotation of turns.

But there's an argument for her swampwalk ability and Urborg.

I ran her for awhile in my Meren deck and sometimes she was a game winner and other times she got Bribery'd out of my deck and I wanted to kms for even putting her in there.
>>
File: noyandar.png (195KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
noyandar.png
195KB, 265x370px
>>50642663
>most middle-tier commanders there are.

From my experience Noyan was okay at best. Slow start but if you have shit like terra eternal it can stabilize.
>>
>>50642663
>>no, she is really good in a slower non-spike meta

i don't think i've ever had her survive a whole turn. how casual is your meta that 3 players don't have 1 creature removal spell between them?

even if she does survive a full turn, all she does is bring back 1 creature, which isn't necessarily gamebreaking either way. the sac effect is okay but why wouldn't you just cast fleshbag marauder or innocent blood or something
>>
>>50641815
>>50642389

I ran Meren for a while before I turned it into Sidisi self mill, but I always wondered; Is there a way to give your graveyard hexproof or make it so your opponent cant exile it/force you to shuffle it in?
>>
>>50642033
He's alright in modern, but once he's rotated out of standard he'll probably drop down to around $8-$9.
>>
>>50642726
all you need to do is give yourself hexproof i think.

Bojuka Bog enters the battlefield tapped.
When Bojuka Bog enters the battlefield, exile all cards from target player's graveyard.

or just cast twilight's call in response, or something
>>
>>50642756
>>50642726
Orbs of Warding or Witchbane orb since every other card that gives you hexproof is in white.
>>
>>50642456
Small print run. High demand in other geographic regions. He's awesome in desks built around Earthquake effects
>>
>>50642718
If you're playing proper 4-man no one is going to want to wrath just sheoldred.
Alternatively she sits for 2 turns and the third guy kills it, a 3for1.
I would play her in a non-competitive black deck just because sometimes she wins on her own, and is enough value otherwise
>>
>>50642718
Hypothetically, if one Innocent Blood is good, wouldn't infinite Innocent Bloods be infinitely good?
But yeah Fleshbag Marauder is just easier to loop, and better.
>>
>>50642863
>infinite Innocent Bloods
by that logic, vithian slinger is infinitely better than lightning bolt because vithian slinger can deal INFINITE damage

sheoldred is just too much group sluggy bullshit in one card. she's going to get removed very quickly, and no matter how much you "trade" 3 to 1 or whatever, that won't really put you ahead. you'll be down a 7 mana creature and they'll be down a mana dork or two, not to mention the fact that the 4th player will be unaffected and you just kingmade him a little bit
>>
File: IMG_6887.jpg (50KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6887.jpg
50KB, 265x370px
What are some good suggestions for this commander? Already added Daddy Zurgo, Anya, Merciless Angel, Diabolic Tutor, Athreos, God of Passage, and Ikra Shidiqi, the Usurper
>>
Just made my first EDH deck (Oloro lifegain), I was wondering if you guys had any advise for me, things to sub out etc.
Ignore the manabase, still figuring that out.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shitty-edh-deck-donut-steel/
>>
>>50643113
>first EDH
>chooses Oloro

kill yourself
>>
>>50643113
Needs Disenchant and Serra Ascendant.
>>
>>50643131
There's no need to be upset.

>>50643183
What should I take out to put them in? Any sub-optimal choices I made in the deck?
>>
>>50643024
Use Tana + Ravios
>>
Is there a discord for here that is either official or unofficial? Feel like there should be one of there isn't, lets us shit on eachothers deck ideas and get feedback a lot faster.
>>
>>50643288
Not a big fan of the partner mechanic. Plus, Saskia plus Burning Anger is just halal
>>
>>50643290
i was thinking of creating one but having been a part of a couple of 4chan offshoot communities, they dont always work out so well, and the non-anonymity could leak to over here as well
>>
>>50643113
A bit too many high cost cards. Even with the ramp, chances are you're not gonna do much with it. Something like Drana's Emissary is simple, rather cheap, yet very effective in decks like yours. Other such creatures are Nyx-Fleece Ram and Lone Rider
>>
>>50643338
>>50643290
Thought the same recently, searching around public servers didn't give any results.
So far my experience with 4chan servers isn't that bad. So long as you keep track of everyone's mentality. It just doesn't work if nothing develops.

I also thought of creating one, but I'm not sure if I could pay it enough attention. I'm also still a novice at magic.
>>
>>50643370
im pretty obsessed with edh so i could try making one once i get home. i wont bother shilling it more than once or twice if people dont show interest
>>
>>50643331
Don't listen to him. Partner is shitty, and Ravos/Tana is more for tokens not fatties.
Iona, Tooth and Nail, Urabrask, Shamanic Revelation, Read the Bones. Gratuitous Violence.
>>
>>50643345
I might sub out 2 of my bigger threats for the emmissary and lone rider.

Any cases of cards that just don't seem good or effective, or is the rest of the deck passable?
>>
>>50643401
It's not shitty, you just have to take a good combo, not Tana.

A dude in my group runs Bruse Tarl&Thrasios, which works quite well. It's very flexible and stomps you in a few turns with Bruse or can help get your key cards with Thrasios, ending in a Kiki-jiki combo.
>>
>>50643401
Revelation came in the deck, fantastic card. Also not a dick enough to run Iona, not even in my Odric's Angels tribal
>>
>>50643430
Drogskol Reaver seems to big and clunky considering he just gives you a bit card draw.
Serra Avatar seems like a win more card. It only really serves it's purpose if you're in the lead and your opponent's field is empty. So I guess you can take it out for now.

Then of course play test.
>>
>>50643274
Probably Zur and Noxious Gearhulk.

I get what you're going for with the gearhulk but that's a one time deal and Serra Ascendant is fucking your opponents in the mouth and gaining you 6 life on turn 2.

Zur just seems kinda outta place. Your enchantments aren't that important that you need to bring them out with Zur.

just my opinion though.
>>
>>50643487
I used to borrow a edh decks in my playgroup before I started making this one, and my playgroup tends to use a lot of creatures that grow really large.

I think taking out serra avatar and drogskol reaver is probably a good choice though, thanks for the advice, much appreciated.
>>
File: tanawaifu.png (138KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
tanawaifu.png
138KB, 223x311px
Can she be viable on her own with no partner?

I want to believe, but the 2/2 body seems underwhelming.
>>
>>50643487
Do you think I shoukd aub out Zur for disenchant, or would vindicate or utter end be fine too, since they're more flexible?
>>
>>50643554
Anyone of them will do really.
>>
File: 1478692861268.jpg (140KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478692861268.jpg
140KB, 500x500px
My playgroup is dying, what do I do to undo this shit, Everyone is starting to just play the same deck and anyone not is degenerate.
>>
File: IMG_5458.jpg (162KB, 551x551px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5458.jpg
162KB, 551x551px
>>50643656
It could be worse. Your group could die the death of your friends like your now-ex around more than you
>>
File: IMG_2758.jpg (39KB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2758.jpg
39KB, 540x303px
>>50643486
>he thinks having the most life means you're in the lead
>>
File: Commanders December 2016.png (3MB, 2136x1030px) Image search: [Google]
Commanders December 2016.png
3MB, 2136x1030px
Let's see them. Currently testing out new Sen Triplets version, Rashmi, and Gay Kings today.
>>
>>50643768
It does when you're using a deck meant to gain a metric fuckload of life.
>>
>>50643781
He doesn't know of Sorin, 10 lifer
>>
>>50643547
If you really wanted to run her on her own you could I guess. Voltron/tokens maybe? She's kind of the wrong colors to do Voltron well, though.

If I were to run her, I'd pair her with Ravos, probably. Tokens and cheap generic anthems. Still, 4c feels cluttered. I'd just run one of the other token commanders.
>>
>>50643781
>Literally what is Commander damage

The point of lifegain decks is to use your life as a resource. Serra's Avatar is at least doing something with that life.
>>
File: Snapchat-1885310787.jpg (468KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1885310787.jpg
468KB, 1080x1920px
is there a better feeling than having your cards arrive in the mail?
>>
>>50643843
I'm looking at all the R/G Auras I can throw on her rn. Pretty much totem armor the fuck out of her and make a lot of saporlings is what I'm looking at rn.
>>
>>50643890
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. And if that's what you want, go for it. But I just see it and say "But why not Uril?"

Do you, though.
>>
File: 1457628811733.gif (2MB, 248x291px) Image search: [Google]
1457628811733.gif
2MB, 248x291px
>>50643890
totem armor seems like a stupid meme, I have a friend who just built Uril and he's going to have a bad time because everyone around here runs mass exile or "targeted" exile or bounces.
>>
>>50643935
As the resident Uril player here, you'd think that's the case, but unless you can tutor up your removal on demand, you're in for a bad time.
>>
>>50643935
>it's not 100% perfect in every situation
>lol is maymay

Yeah, these memes like hexproof and indescribable have got to go.

t. Control Player with an answer for everything in his magic Christmas hand
>>
>>50643987
>>50643983
I guess it's different at your tables but every time I see people play voltron decks, or go tall they get focused down pretty hard.

My local meta all runs board wipes and removal for days.
>>
>>50644036
>Playing Uril
>Not running Pyroblast, REB, and/or Guttural Response

They done it to themselves, they did
>>
>>50644036
I know, you live in magical christmasland, and Uril draws the most aggro of any deck I've played.

But that being said, how do you plan on killing him? Go on, I'm interested. One thing in particular works amazing, but everything else is janky nonsense.
>>
>>50643888
Why don't Americans have something like MCM? You play ridiculous prices for your cards.
>>
>>50644135
>what is aligned hedron network
>what is merciless eviction
>what is descend upon the sinful
>what is false prophet (a favorite of mine)
>what is final judgement
>c rift
>council's judgement

etc, and all my table does is tutor all day

tldr; I play at boring edh tables where secret scarred puma tech is not allowed
>>
>>50643331
How is Saskia + Burning Anger doing anything at all? There's absolutely nothing to it.
>>
>>50644207

Councils judgment never exiles my uril because I get people to vote for other stuff and in exchange I kill other people first
>>
>>50644236
That just means your group is full of idiots that would make world a better place by killing themselves.
Convincing idiots to do your bidding isn't really anything to brag about.
>>
>>50644269

I don't really see how that makes them idiots
>>
>>50644229
With vigilance, when Saskia swings, it stays untapped. When a creature tries blocking, tap Saskia to blast the defending creature so it cannot block.
>>
>>50644207
>aligned hedron network
That would actually work.

>merciless eviction
6cmc AND you're going to get hit real hard the next turn.

>Descend Upon the Sinful
That would work, but 6 mana is way to much to use more than once.

>False Prophet
That would also work, while completely fucking you over for whatever nonsense any other player has.

>Final Judgement
Again, 6cmc. You aren't using that more than once, and you're going to take a lot of damage the next turn.

>Cyclonic Rift
Again, that's a bajillion mana.

>Council's Judgement
AsianGirlsLaughing.jpeg

You didn't even list objectively the best options to remove him. I think you're going to have a bad time anon, but I'll wait until you come here and start bitching. Uril may win very few games, but he almost never comes in last.
>>
>>50644277

that's not how blocking works, unless you just mean to protect saskia from damage

Killing a blocker won't push damage through
>>
>>50643024
Gisela, Blade of Goldnight?
>>
>>50644207
Right yeah, there are certainly responses to him, but they're all basically scorched earth. The point is, Uril is a fucking cockroach and totem armor helps.

False Prophet is an hilarious card, though. Him+a sack outlet is some of the best life insurance mana can buy.
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (143KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
143KB, 223x310px
Alright EDH General I am looking to build child of alara 5 color stuff and Guild Gate Wincon deck if anybody has a decklist or must haves for Child it would be nice

Also any anti planeswalker tech guy in my EDH group has atraxa superfriends and I am looking for tech to beat him over the head with.
>>
File: IMG_2608.jpg (34KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2608.jpg
34KB, 480x480px
>>50644276
Really? You don't see how voting against killing the giant stompy cockroach makes them idiots?
>>
>>50641489
why do soooo many people here/online/lgs play the same 15 meme commanders and pretty much the same cards?

do people net deck?(netdecking an edh deck, kek) or are they just unoriginal?
>>
>>50644157
Just bought a manacrypt for 35 bucks, feelsgoodman.
>>
>>50644384

They get to have their opponents killed without any effort on their part

Obviously they wouldn't do it unless they have board wipes of their own to eventually kill Uril when I come for them

It's the same thing that happens when somebody is representing cyclonic rift during my combat step, Uril becomes their enforcer, they don't actually have to rift, just the fact that they could means I have to kill somebody else or kill nobody
>>
File: IMG_2382.jpg (43KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2382.jpg
43KB, 640x400px
>>50644295
>EDH
>6-7 cmc
>expensive

Look, I'm the guy originally arguing with him about totem armor, so I WANT to agree with you, but all you've got here is a really wordy "nuh-uh"
>>
>>50644400

List those 15
>>
>>50644400
Who are the 15 meme commanders?
>>
>>50644400
my LGS is filled with highly tuned, competitive, and mostly blue decks.

I try to play different, fun things (Kraj, Zedruu Aura Voltron, Dralnu) but when you get steamrolled by Zur and Rafiq all the time, you just want to win one game.

...although I'd rather play them than the last casual player I fought against. His board wasn't developing the way he liked it by turn 7 so he gave up. Had 35 life too and I had like two non-lands on my field.
>>
>>50644435
This is exactly the mentality that gives my Gahiji deck such a high win rate. I love it.
>>
>>50643547
I don't see why not. Focus on anthems, double strike, doubling season effects, extra combat steps.

Pair with Bruse for easy access to White and doublestrike on the same card.
>>
>>50644303
It doesn't? Killing a blocker in the declare blocker step doesn't prevent it from blocking?
>>50644309
Very much so, yes
>>
>>50644444
You don't understand the issue anon.

>opponent plays Uril
>you, being the grinning mad sorcerer you are, already have 6 mana up, either on a better curve than the guy in green, or more likely on curve t6
>you pop your 6cmc board wipe when it becomes your turn
>then you pass because you have no mana
>and Uril just plays Uril again the next turn

But, that scenario can easily be fucked with any of the following variables:
>uril ramps like everyone expects him to and casts him t4
>your sorcery speed removal is no match for a hastey Uril and you get punked for a shitload of damage
>your friends, being the bastards they are, disrupt you even slightly so you don't have 6 mana, or your 6 mana board wipe gets milled/discarded/exiled
>someone plays something that's going to win the game and you need to use it on them, instead of Uril

Realistically, the way to deal with Uril are edicts. The Uril player will not have a lot of creatures, so anything involving sacrifices usually takes them out of commission. The best I've ever seen at dealing with Uril is Meren looping Fleshbag, but that's entirely contingent on their mostly empty board. If they're playing enchantress, this strategy works significantly worse.

The other strategy is to blow up their trample producers, chump Uril, and crackback for a few turns until they're effectively out of the game. Both of those have nothing to do with 6cmc and are effective because you can also do other things. Hedron Network is probably the best option he posted, because I've never seen anyone play that card.

The rule of thumb is, if you aren't winning the game at 6-7cmc, you're losing it.
>>
>>50644453
>>50644455
maren
zur
azami
uril
rafiq
atraxa
nekusar
oloro
xenagod
gitrog
titania
arcum
prossh
nuzuri
5 color dragon guy

theres more but these are off the top of my head
>>
Trying to make a dimir deck with the most uninteractive creatures possible. Already have pic related, invisible stalker, aetherling, and a few more goodies but Id like some suggestions for includes as well as the commander itself
>>
>>50644614
So there are more than 15? Also:

>gitrog
>xenagos
>rafiq
>nuzuri
>nekusar
>atraxa

>in the same tier as scion hermit druid combo (which is what I assume you meant by 5c dragon guy)
>or Zur tutored wincons.dek
>or Oloro prison control
>or prosh "foodchain wins me the game"

>also, no derevi, brago, darietti, or undead sidisi
>>
File: 253.jpg (56KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
253.jpg
56KB, 336x469px
>>50644625

I mean, returning something to your hand isn't great in EDH but pic related

alternatively, Phenax (indestructible) or Lazav (hexproof)
>>
>>50644570

Here's how combat works

>beginning of combat step
This step nothing happens, but it's officially no longer main phase, so only instants can be cast. If you had a tap effect like cryptic command, this would be the last moment you could use it if you wanted to tap down the attacking player's creatures to prevent them from attacking
>declare attackers step
The FIRST thing in this step, is the attacking player chooses which creatures he wants to attack with, pays any costs like ghostly prison etc. THEN everybody gets priority. This would be the last moment that you could kill or tap down the defending players blockers to prevent them from blocking. You have to do this before knowing exactly how they intend to block (often you can easily surmise that tho)
>declare blockers step
The FIRST thing that happens is the defending player(s) choose their blocks, paying for archangel of tithes, etc. THEN each player gets priority. If you kill a blocker now, you prevent that blocker from dealing damage to your attacker, but the attacker is still blocked and deals no damage to the player (unless it has trample)
>>
>>50644625
Do you need specifically creatures, or are you just looking to give your friends a bad time?

Realistically, Elusive Tormentor is not that good. It didn't make the cut in my Lazav deck because, in order to flip it, you need to pay mana and discard a card, which is already inefficient, but then in order to flip it back you need to pay 2B.

Also, hexproof indestructible is a good combo, but not if it can't block. There are 10 million things that can give everything -x/-x until the end of turn without targeting, and you can only flip the mist during combat on your turn.
>>
>>50644832
just looking for evasive/unblockable creatures that preferably can dodge removal. what im building is shaping up to be similiar to a Sygg, River Cutthroat deck with coastal piracy effects and the like.
>>
Hey /edhg/,
I've got a challenge for you. I want y'all to brew a spoopy deck using as many curses, witches, and witchy related things.

>list of all the curses
http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Curse

Happy brewing!
>>
File: stromgald.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
stromgald.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
Had one of the most interesting games last night

>playing Breya vs Gay Greeks vs Vorosh vs Tesya
>game is slogging due to tragic arrogance being cast twice
>teysa player ultimates off SOI sorin markov and casts black market
>being the idiot I am I cast phyrexian rebirth to get a 52 horror token
>vorosh player copies phyrexian rebirth to get rid of mine
>teysa player uses death's grasp expending all the mana from black market to kill vorosh
>I form a pact with greeks to take down teysa player after cyclonic rifting
>expend most of my removal to destroy anything that hinders greeks to give him time to build up
>greek plays pic related and starts to build up a small army
>every move I make is solely to help him at the cost of my own win
>teysa player keeps pinging at him
>eventually he gets out his army ready to swing but unsure if he can kill teysa who only has 2 creatures(teysa and a 4/4 nighthowler)
>remembers he has stromgald out and swings all out at teysa for 88 total damage all trample
>After his board was destroyed due to teysa's ability I activate breya's 3 dmg ability to target the last of teysa's life

It ended up turning around due to me drawing shimmer myr and blinkmoth urn allowing me to win the game but damned if I'm not impressed by the power of marton stromgald
>>
>>50645046
Bonus points if you can get the commander to be witch related as well.
>>
>>50645100
>>50645046

Run Reaper King, all scarecrows, all curses, the witch and fester newt thing, and call it a day
>>
>>50644570
Unless the attacker has trample, killing a creature that was assigned already as a blocker, none of the damage goes through.
If you want the damage to go through, you must kill a potential blockers before they have a chance to block and last point you can do that is in declare attackers step when you have first priority. If a creature that doesn't have trample becomes blocked, it doesn't matter whether your opponents control any creatures or not during the combat damage step, that creature isn't going to deal damage to a player.
>>
>>50644988
Okay, I gotcha. Here are some dickass things your opponents wont want to, or can't block.

>Phantom Warrior
>Uninvited Guest
>Benthic Infiltrator
>Blighted Agent
>Deep-Sea Kraken
>Dimir Infiltrator
>Slate Street Ruffian
>Ferropede (secret tech)
>Ghastlord of Fugue (also secret tech)
> Gudul Lurker
>Invisible Stalker
>Latch Seeker
>Mindmelter
>Wormfang Crab (also secret tech)
>Cloak of Mists
>Aqueos Form
>>
File: images (13).jpg (9KB, 157x228px) Image search: [Google]
images (13).jpg
9KB, 157x228px
Ok, so I'm thinking of reworking my Athreos Sacc deck to have more cohesion. I was considering going Zombie-human tribal, but is there enough cards like Xathrid Necromancer for the deck to work? Or should I just focus on Zombie?
>>
>>50643547
I don't understand the downside to NOT partnering

Sidar Kondo and splash in a small amount of white which is one of the best token producing colours plus you can play Sidar mid-game to make the majority of your tokens unblockable

Because if you want R/G tokens you would just use Wort or Omnath
>>
>>50644435
If they have out every single time, no problem. But in reality, that isn't the case.
Uril is hard to remove most of the time, and if there's a hard to remove permanent on the field at the point when Council's Judgment starts resolving, chances are that it's gonna be removed, possibly with something else with it (depending on amount of players and vote order).
Usually permanents that are hard to remove are problems anyway.
>>
>>50645221

The downside to partnering is that partner is a stupid fucking mechanic that shouldn't exist and I want to pretend it doesnt

RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>50644806
>>50645128
Thanks anons
>>
>>50643781
He doesn't know that nearly all decent commander decks win with arbitrarily large combos anyway.

Lul.
>>
>>50644157
Because dedicating a one site where different merchants could sell and compete is communism.

Having different sites compete from adspace makes sure that good capitalist buys their way to practical price monopoly.
>>
>>50644625
So... a LITERALLY autistic deck?

I like this idea, post list when you're done.
>>
>>50644687
so you agree with me that a lot edh players have no imagination and netdeck like standard scrubs do
>>
>>50645392

Post a deck with imagination please
>>
File: 20161125_153847.jpg (174KB, 720x714px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_153847.jpg
174KB, 720x714px
>>50645142
Awesome, thanks a lot anon. Also double thanks for not being a dickass who says "just play edric lol"
>>
Still salty Braids got banned. Literally 0/10 format that hates fun.
>>
Can someone tell me roughly what numbers I should shoot for when balancing a deck?

~33-35 lands
~20-25 creatures
~10 mana ramp [artifacts + creatures]
~5-10 Removal/Wipes
~20 other (synergy spells, tutors, etc)

Is this about right?
>>
File: 1471813092132.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1471813092132.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>50645463
>>
>>50644614
>atraxa
How is Atraxa a meme?
>>
>>50645463

I miss my baby erayo
>>
>>50645415
It's not hard to post imaginative decks, it's much harder to post effective imaginative decks. I, for one, am torn between building mimeoplasm creatureless, Jori-En artifact ramp with memnarch and darietti, or derevi colourless ramp featuring Brago as the sneaky tutored commander. I'm also building lim-dul creature hate, but that's a work in progress and I'm waiting till aether revolt to build Bosh pacific rim hitting people with boats and bots deck.
>>
>>50645491
you're kidding right?
>>
>>50645475
I usually build:
>7-10 ramp
>10 card draw
>10 game winning things
>10 things that enable your game winning things
>20 "theme" cards, including removal
>>
>>50645475
that seems about right, save for two things
- feel free to change your creature/instant/sorcery/enchantment count based on what your deck does, but always run at least 9 rocks
- 36-39 lands is the sweet spot, unless you have a very, very low curve
>>
>>50642050
>the worst idea ever
>>
>>50645485
>people too dumb to figure out how to beat staxx
>Ban it instead of explaining strategies.

0/10

>>50645494
This guy knows how to mtg
>>
File: 1480586522492.jpg (35KB, 270x350px) Image search: [Google]
1480586522492.jpg
35KB, 270x350px
>>50645491
>nothing but autistic superfriends
how isn't she a meme
>>
File: image.png (345KB, 560x1177px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
345KB, 560x1177px
What commander would she run?
>>
File: 1475386585779.png (263KB, 434x357px) Image search: [Google]
1475386585779.png
263KB, 434x357px
>>50644614
I agree with most of these, but I'd replace Scion with Breya and I never see anyone playing Arcum.

But if you're mad about Xenagod, you're a huge pissbaby. It's literally just big creatures.
>>
File: 1480732055723.jpg (176KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1480732055723.jpg
176KB, 1366x768px
>>50642050
>format defining card
>needs to be stronger
>>
>>50645572
Braids as a commander is retarded for consistent t2 locks. It's dickish, unfun, easy to set up, and very effective. Braids in the 99 isn't as bad, but there's still the possibility for that magical Christmas land lock, which scares a lot of people.
>>
>>50645582
digimon
>>
File: WOT.png (107KB, 341x334px) Image search: [Google]
WOT.png
107KB, 341x334px
>>50642050
>4 damage Bolt
Bro, do you understand what the fuck you're even asking for?
>>
>>50645614
Please don't feed the trolls, at least not the obvious ones.
>>
File: Autism.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>50645562
>>50645593
>>50645660
I'm pretty sure this was a joke, dude.
>>
>>50644400
People want to win.
>>
>>50645614
>consistent t2 locks
>a black creature with 2 health
>in a colour with no countermagic or shroud to speak of

If t2 braids actually sticks, your table is terrible. She was great for reducing the curve and forcing people to care about early game threats, instead of being all timmy with "muh big criiturs". She literally only punished the worst players the EDH community had to offer.

So they had to ban her, and endorse trash-tier players as the norm for the format. It started a slippery slope where "omg winning with an infinite combo is cheating" and "wtf armageddon we don't want to play with you"

Also:
>Format tries to promote interactivity
>Shutting down lategame strats with mana denial frowned upon
>"j-just interact with us in a way that does not affect our gameplan"
>>
>>50645678
I just actually want to run braids reasonably in my mazirek deck.
>>
File: mbond.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
mbond.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/s-t-a-t-e-o-f-t-h-e-a-r-t/

Why does it seem like so few people run Martyr's Bond in Breya? This card has been nuts for me. It's like a Grave Pact that can also fuck up mana rocks. Sure, if you sac a thopter your opponent has the choice of losing an artifact or a creature, but with the sacrifice engines in the deck, eventually they're going to run out of both and be doubly screwed.
>>
>>50645755
Most Commander players need their in-game "safe space" of at least 5 turns, anon. Violating that safe space is rape. You just want to rape people and not be held responsible. :^)
>>
>>50645755
I think you forgot somewhere in time that EDH was designed to be a fun, interactive, and casual format.

Not a format where you're unable to play anything and locking out opponents from even playing the game. Honestly, Braids wouldn't be that bad if it just said artifacts or creatures. The lands thing is what makes it unfun and broken in a format designed to NOT be a turn 2 win slugfest.
>>
>>50645756
I will say that making the banned commander list apply to the 99 is pretty dumb, but at least we got Kokusho back. Besides, there's an abundance of good stax effects in GB. Braids is good, but it's not like you're gimped without her.
>>
>>50645805
Probably because not a lot of people know it exists. It doesn't show up on many EDHrec pages, so people aren't aware of it. Also, 6 mana for a big splashy enchantment is kinda asking for trouble.
>>
>>50645755
You gotta work on your bait anon. This is the equivalent of watching the special Olympics, but not the robot-legged sprinters, rather one of those stupid events like horse dancing or ribbon twirling. The components are there work on your delivery. Jumping straight into vitriol just makes you look silly.
>>
>>50645809
Or you could, like, run Shock, Lightning Bolt, StP, PtE, unsummon, FoW, or any of the 12000 removal options. Braids dies to numerous 1-mana spells.

But having to run cards that, you know, interact with enemy cards is not fun and interactive enough. Should just be able to play big spells for lulz.
>>
>>50645821
I'm just salty because I cracked an eternal masters one and can't play the stupid thing anywhere.
>>
>>50645852
I bet you also complain about Armageddon and Obliterate, safe-space scum.

Is it too difficult to realize that some people can actually adapt to enemy strategies?
>>
>>50645755
braids is not the problem, sol ring and mana crypt are the problem. there's basically no way to win if your opponent goes first and plays turn 1 sol ring and turn 2 braids. you will have only 1 mana to respond with unless you ALSO draw sol ring or mana crypt. how many ways do you have to respond to that? mental misstep the sol ring? force of will or pongify the braids? unless you specifically have one of the few cards that can actually deal with that problem, you just lose, and it's not a matter of skill whether you draw them or not.

>trash tier players lmao muh competitive edh lmao

you aren't actually "skilled" if you play competitive edh. competitive edh is for autists who can't read into the actual purpose of the format. it's not for t2 wins, it's for showing off some of the lesser-known but flavorful cards of MTG, building crazy synergies and doing other fun stuff like that
>>
>>50645848
>Also, 6 mana for a big splashy enchantment is kinda asking for trouble.
True, but it's pretty easy to take advantage of the effect the turn you play it. Plus, even it it eats a Naturalize effect as soon as it enters, it can take another enchantment with it.
>>
>>50645755
Do you fedoras even listen to yourselves?
>>
>>50645942
Pfft, say that to my geist of st. traft sea monster tribal, and I'll Vorthos your face with my impeccable flavour, Chinaman fakes, serra ascendant, mental mistep, iona, and brago flicker stax. Who needs wincons anyways, at least my t1 mogis star deck is a good backup. Harmonize.
>>
>>50645953
I mean yeah, it's good. I'd even say medium risk, high reward. I just think the cost scares people off, and it's not well known. It's only been printed once and that was in a Commander set, so it never saw Standard or Modern play.
>>
>>50645539
>>50645575
Not kidding and I was not aware atraxa already had a reputation
Tho I have not followed any builds done with atraxa trying to work with the deck while commader is still relatively fresh.
>>
>>50645949
So, banning Braids instead of banning Sol Ring and Mana Crypt, which are in every deck of the format, makes sense because...?

Also, you could just lose a land, play a mountain and cast shock. Do you actually need a comprehensive list of 1 mana removal spells that kill a 2/2? Pretty sure you could also make some recursive setup with that mana, or just play a dork and have 2 mana next turn, and play a signet, and...

Inb4 "muh curve starts at 4", which is exactly the problem. Braids is the MtG meta equivalent of a wildfire - it wrecks shit up to allow for greater biodiversity.

And seriously, competitive? I'm 100% certain Braids would not even be top 10 if she got unbanned and the meta was allowed to stabilize. She is a hate magnet, easy to deal with, and has limited access to game-breaking combos.
>>
>>50646090
how do you deal with turn 2 braids in mono-green?
>>
>>50645913
Youre talking about running low impact cards in every other circumstance. This is a singleton format, those cards are virtually trash.

If you're not getting ahead by some manner, you're being put behind. That's why those spells are often not very good in this format.

Go back to modern.
>>
>>50645592
>reading comprehension

>"It's literally just big creatures"
>>
>>50646135
EX-FUCKING-ACTLY

Braids forces you to adapt and run cards that are otherwise bad. Doing this, she increases the diversity of viable strategies and card choices. Her sheer existence makes the metagame more diverse and more fun.
>>
File: 83.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
83.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>50641489
>mfw all of my wincons just happen to be 4cmc
>>
>>50646121
Cry
>>
>>50646215
best card
>>
>>50646121
Play a mana dork, pass, wait until next turn, lose dork, play land, play ramp, another dude, or something. Anything that allows you to play extra lands.

Lignify at 2 stops Braids. Or set up some engine, like Life from the loam and just endure it.
>>
>>50645499

>mimeoplasm creatureless
>>
I hope you morons understand that while dealing with a t2 braids might not be difficult for you and your super awesome "modern" edh decks that run trash spells like shock and unsummon, you're playing against mono black. So you just spent your whole turn getting rid of Braids. Oh look, she got played again because black is the 2nd best as ramp mana.

The problem with Braids as a commander is that she is consistent, cheap, and makes a massive problem immediately as she hits the board.

She's fine in the 99 imo, but not as the commander.
>>
>>50646510
>"modern"

EDH literally evolved from regular highlander, where cheap utility spells were commonplace. If anything, just slam ing big criiturs and wacky things is the modernization.

Also, do you actually imply that Braids decks can consistently keep playing her every turn, or have 2 mana turn 4 and 6 turn 3? You need really good draws for that, and even then you have multiple players who likely want to stop her.

Braids being "consistent" would be a problem if Commander was a 1v1 format. But it isn't. See:

>>50646121
Lose a land and let someone else deal with it for you.
>>
>>50644157
Because American singles vendors just set their prices based on SCG's prices, which are arbitrary at best, and they want their own ad revenue.
>>
>>50643888
Someone care to explain the Scarred Puma meme to me? Is this just the new, hip Storm Crow?
>>
>>50646661
>storm crow
That's a format warping card you fuck.
>>
>>50644092
>Running Pyromeme, Red Elemental Meme, Gutteral Meme unironically
>>
>>50646510
>"Trash spells"
>stop creature-reliant combos, small generals,

Also completely missing the point that just by letting Braids into the meta, those spells get better, and slow end-game strats get worse, allowing for more niches and better meta diversity.

>"B-but anon, i just want to play big criitureees"

Go play HS, lul
>>
>>50646661
Basically. Some sperglord has a stiffy for them, monkey see, monkey do.

There's so much more potential for humor in Magic beyond "Let's pretend this card is great!" and yet here we are again.
>>
>>50646215
I don't get it. You'll never (or at least you shouldn't) play that card outright. If you're gonna tutor at sorcery speed why not spend one more mana to search for any card (assuming you're running Demonic and Vampiric Tutor already)?
>>
>>50646731
You can't have braids unbanned until fast mana is banned. Shit like sol ring, mana crypt, mana vault, hell, even dark ritual make braids virtually impossible to beat if they are on the play.

You want to champion a cause? Champion banning some of those mana rocks, because braids won't be unbanned til it happens.
>>
>>50646770
It's situational, but it has its uses.
1) It's another tutor. 4cmc is kind of a sweet spot for useful stuff, too.
2) It puts a creature in the yard. Plenty of things are able to take advantage of that in some way or another.
3) It's pretty easy to get a creature from the yard back to your hand.

It's not a fantastic card, but it has certain advantages. Basically, it's secret tech.
>>
>>50646731
>>50646642
Keep whining.

Sheldon has stated many times that Braids will never be unbanned. Get over yourself and move on.

You have a much higher chance of getting Sylvan Primordial and Sundering Titan unbanned than Braids.
>>
>>50646905
Cards that allow people to play "beeeeg cruetores" and bang their chest like a retarded gorilla will never be banned, since that is 98% pf the commander playerbase right there.

Which is why it is a 0/10 format.
>>
>>50646993
if you hate it so much, why are you here
>>
>>50646982
Well, desu, sheldon is a massive neckbeard cuck who repeatedly demonstrates incapability towards logic and reason. And basic math.

So we can just add " we let a literal manchild-faggot with no qualifications determine our rules" on the list of sins Commander is quilty of as a format
>>
>>50647004
To shitpost and derail
>>
File: Kobe PSA.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
Kobe PSA.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>50647004
Because it's a troll, you fucking lackwit.
>>
>>50646993
Yet you are in this thread. Is your life so sad that posting in a thread about something you hate is all you can do to occupy your time?
>>
>>50647068
i can't tell the difference anymore
>>
>>50647126
You have to be 18 to post on this website
>>
>>50647126
If you can't tell if people saying your gaming tastes are shit are trolls or not, maybe you really should stop liking what they don't like.
>>
>>50646201
>Her sheer existence makes the metagame more diverse and more fun.

no. fuck off
>>
>>50646755
OUR GREAT LORD EGOTIST
>>
Why does my Azusa get so hated out?
>>
>>50647394
Free ramp is pretty damn powerful. I mean, if they just kill you on sight, that's shitty, but she is pretty damn strong.

A better question is "why doesn't my Omnath deck get hated out instantly?"
>>
>>50642468
She's the mono-black you build around when you're a faggoty noob and havent realized Drana is better at control, Chainer is better at reanimation and Mikaeus is better at abusing etb effects
>>
>>50641779
Might as well go Karador so the deck doesnt play itself
>>
>>50642863
This, I dropped Sheoldred when I discovered Phyrexian Reclamation and the dirty things it can do with Sidisi, Marauder/Executioner and Gary.
>>
>>50647291
>liking tash meta where people just slam cards without thinking and adapting.

Alas, we have fallen.
>>
File: strands.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
strands.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50647544
>Phyrexian Reclamation
why pay 2 mana and 2 life to put a creature into your hand when you can just put it into play for (almost) the same cost
>>
>>50646770
>>50646929
also it can be a backup sack engine.
>>
>>50647599
Well, commander players play the format because they can't win in t2/legacy/modern, what did you expect?
>>
File: 81.jpg (61KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
81.jpg
61KB, 336x469px
>>50645582
>>
>>50647654
Spicy.
>>
File: roon.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
roon.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
I started putting together Roon last night, any feedback?

The only change so far is -Mastery of the Unseen +Return to Dust
>>
>>50647654
>Sacrifice a Swamp
Not a big fan of it desu
>>
>>50647654
That's the spiciest card I've ever seen. Mazirek be praised!
>>
File: Lake of the Dead_AL.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Lake of the Dead_AL.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>50647707
Come on now
>>
>>50647707
Bruh, I'll gladly toss a swamp in monoB to put my biggest baddest dudes back into play. You can even do it EoT to throw your entire yard back on the battlefield for the killshot. At the very least, it's great protection against wraths.

That being said, I run Mad Mike so if there's creatures sitting in my yard to begin with, I've fucked up somewhere.
>>
>>50647674
See? There you go. It's a very multifaceted card.
>>
>>50647654
>white border

almost bought
>>
>>50647707
>draw into strands of night
>cast it and use it to recur gary like 5 times in a row

at that point, it shouldn't really matter if you have swamps or not
>>
File: strands2.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
strands2.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>50647876
here is the print that i own. i was kinda hoping to get the white-bordered one (since white borders trigger my friends) but sadly the friendly portugese MCM man sent me a black-bordered one
>>
>>50647971
perfect
>>
I have 10 cards too many in my Ghave deck, how do I know what to cut? And how many lands should I have?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-12-16-GfJ-ghave/
>>
>>50647654
Because I'm mono black, I have more mana than Rothschild has money.
>>
>>50645913
>dies to unsummon
>>
File: 1451435631639.gif (535KB, 387x291px) Image search: [Google]
1451435631639.gif
535KB, 387x291px
any protips for my mazirek? about to pull the trigger, seeing what it needs/doesn't need
it's pretty spicy already
relatively budget, or else grave pact would be in

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/she-sacc-me/
>>
>>50648728
you left it private you dum dum holy fuck i wasted an entire middle mouse click for this
>>
>>50648758
im sorry sempai pls forgive me its public now
>>
File: 118.jpg (53KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
118.jpg
53KB, 336x469px
>>50648728
>>
>>50648768
you forgot to put in your draw spells and ramp spells

your average cmc is somewhat high at 3.5 cmc. add 10 ramp spells. you're in green so you should abuse the crap out of green's ramp. cultivate, kodama's reach, explosive vegetation, skyshroud claim, rampant growth, wood elves. also holy crap you forgot solemn simulacrum what the fuck u doing son

you should also have some more draw spells and card advantage stuff. add graveborn muse, phyrexian arena, bloodgift demon, night's whisper, sign in blood, read the bones, harmonize, etc. stuff like that.

you're also kinda light on sac outlets. consider stuff like viscera seer, carrion feeder, spawning pit.

i'd also consider cutting weaker cards like smokestack and black market (unless your meta is really bad about removing those permanents) and adding grave pact with that budget cut. butcher of malakir is also decent but she's a 7 mana creature.

you could also use some more reanimation staples like living death, hell's caretaker and so on

as for other cuts, just go through the deck and cut the shittiest cards out until you reach that 99
>>
>>50648941
>add 10 ramp spells
add, as in, make sure you have around 10 ramp spells or maybe a few more.

also i just noticed you have 33 lands. don't do this. knock that up to 37 or 38.
>>
>>50645582
I have no idea who the fuck that is but I'm gonna go with Lavinia of the Tenth or Vela the Nightclad.
>>
>>50648973
even more advice: i just noticed you have a billion nonbasics. this is major overkill for a 2 color deck. with green's land fetches, you can literally put in 24 forests and 12 swamps and still do perfectly fine. obviously you don't need to do that, but generally green ramp will fetch your swamps for you. don't bother with lands that come in tapped.
>>
>>50649025
>>50648973
>>50648941
gracias
will consider
>>
Looking for some advice on this Atraxa infect deck.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-12-16-wGb-test/

Could use some help.
>>
>>50649143
Somehow I can't say if you work with +1/+1 counters on your creatures or not. You do have some ways to get them, but I'm not sure if you can put them onto the right creatures.
If you do, then Tuskguard Captain could be a great addition just for the trample effect.

My new Atraxa for reference.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/atraxa-beat-down/
>>
File: Tohru_Adachi_anime_close_up.jpg (92KB, 1280x358px) Image search: [Google]
Tohru_Adachi_anime_close_up.jpg
92KB, 1280x358px
>>50649143
>infect edh
>>
File: Accept it.webm (561KB, 386x280px) Image search: [Google]
Accept it.webm
561KB, 386x280px
>>50649359
>>
>>50649303

That's kind of the issue, I'm trying to work with +1/+1 counters, but also still have enough infect, and ideally make them both work together.

I thought about the Tuskguard Captain but ended up going with the Champion of Lambholt instead since it may just outright make some of my guys unblockable after a point.
>>
>>50649402
So basically what you're looking for are cards to get the engine (Atraxa) rolling. That'd be stuff like Retreat to Kazandu, Abzan Ascendancy, Citadel Siege, Durable Handicraft or Collective Effort.
Personally I like Feat of Resistance. It can handle a lot of threats while giving you just what you need.
>>
>>50649359
is this a jojo reference??
>>
>>50649613

Pretty much, I only have 3 means of getting counters on infect creatures right now, Cathar's Crusade, Forgotten Ancient, and Master Biomancer.

Retreat to Kazandu sounds exactly like what I want.
Citadel Siege is nice, but I dislike how it has to be during combat step, or maybe I'm missing something here?
Abzan Ascendancy is only on cast, so if I lose a creature I can't get the counters back on it.
Durable Handicraft is another great option.
Collective Effort has the same issue as Abzan Ascendancy, but it could be used for other purposes which gives it more value.

Will definitely be looking into Retreat to Kazandu and Durable Handicraft, thanks.
>>
>>50649754
For Citadel Siege it puts the counters on at the beginning of combat. But you don't have to attack with the creature, you just get the use of the counters in second main phase.
>>
Idea: Atraxa Deck with only cards that have the Phyrexian watermark or mention Phyrexia in the name (barring lands, of course).

Upsides: Cool flavor
Downsides: Manafixing is an absolute nightmare, very little utility.

What's it look like, /tg/?
>>
>>50647527
>karadore decks don't just play themselves
What is boonweaver giant? Anon have you ever seen a karadore deck play before?
>>
>>50649754
Well, you don't have to attack with anything, so Citadel Siege basically gives you two +1/+1 counters on one creature each turn. Alternatively, it can also counter cards like Kaalia very well.
>>
>>50642108
Triplets are great because you can combo out unopposed once you lock down the control player.
>>
File: Atraxa.png (122KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Atraxa.png
122KB, 223x311px
>>50649831
I'll add "Or have something to do with Phyrexia in general" So Yawgmoth's Will, Urborg, and other older stuff is viable, as well.
>>
>>50649837
>>50649823

So I can enter combat phase and just... not bother attacking to get the counters? That changes everything.
>>
I need sea creatures for a nautical themed deck. What's some non-garbage I could play? I've already got all the dank krakens/leviathans/serpents

Thanks senpai
>>
What are the must-haves and fun stuff with Karador? Building Ghave with recursion so it's basically the same, spamming my list hoping for advice (still too many cards): http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-12-16-GfJ-ghave/
>>
>>50649874
Just looked into the rules for something a bit else

>500.1. A turn consists of five phases, in this order: beginning, precombat main, combat, postcombat
main, and ending. Each of these phases takes place every turn, even if nothing happens during the
phase. The beginning, combat, and ending phases are further broken down into steps, which
proceed in order.

So yeah, you can even tap a creature on each opponent's turns with the Dragon's effect.
>>
>>50649912

The Dragon effect sounded like great cheesy shenanigans to just fuck with everyone else, but the counters seem more useful to me.

So now I need to fit in Retreat to Kazandu, Citadel Siege, and Durable Handicraft...
>>
>>50643113
Lifegain is bad
The only life point that matters is your last one
Combo, infect, commander damage, and mill will kill you just as dead if you have a million life.
Oloro is good as a commander because of his color identity and passive life buffer. Your most effective win con is doomsday and you should never really cast your commander unless you can do nothing else and can't pretend like you can.
>>
File: Envys Skiwn.jpg (56KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Envys Skiwn.jpg
56KB, 375x523px
So, I know /tg/ hates custom cards, but how would you build around this?
>>
So who is the edgiest commander?
>>
File: steam1.png (175KB, 400x340px) Image search: [Google]
steam1.png
175KB, 400x340px
>>50648941
>>50648973
>>50649025
redone sempai
check it out
I really like these changes too
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/she-sacc-me/
>>
>>50649982
>>
>>50649971
Mana rocks tribal with recursion.
>>
>>50649971
You would just cram as many artifacts as you possibly can.

Now, that card is hilariously broken. At least make it tap or cost a ton of mana or something. 3WGB is a much more reasonable casting cost.
>>
>>50649971
Make sure to include Tark's Flowstork.
>>
>>50649971
>No red
Man, even ROBO Rosewater doesn't understand the color pie.
>>
>>50650025
>Tutor for stuff I need or something to destroy it
Oh man, yeah, what a bummer.

This is such a trap card. It can literally only backfire. It's handing out free tutors to your opponents.
>>
>>50650127
Don't ever assume that human beings are rational.
>>
>took apart all my green Timmy decks
>first built Brago to try out something new
>later, I build Lazav just to make people hate their lives
>just finished building arjun wheels and nonsense
>half finished Kruphix is sitting on my desk
>realize I took apart memnarch, maelstrom and some janky jund mess
How do I stop using blue? I don't even like blue, but it's hard to beat the utility you get on a budget.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161211-182442.png (484KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161211-182442.png
484KB, 1440x2560px
Just bought this stuff for Edric. UG goodstuff ect ect.
>>
File: gitrog.png (128KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
gitrog.png
128KB, 223x311px
>>50644614
Take that back.
>>
>>50649719
Thats Persona 4, which is somewhat jojo like
>>
File: 93.jpg (50KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
93.jpg
50KB, 312x445px
I'm in love with pic related.

How do I break it?

Sol'kanar
Wrexial
Lavinia

There has to be a better general...
>>
Is Ghave not a competitive commander? Have heard very little about him except from a couple people on Reddit & MtgSalvation who seem to have used it for years
>>
File: 22.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>50650270
Much prefer this at the cost of the land bit.
>>
>>50647702
Make an actual list on tappedout desu

Blinky the Rhino is fun though.
>>
File: 1480721757499.jpg (14KB, 386x316px) Image search: [Google]
1480721757499.jpg
14KB, 386x316px
>>50649719
>>
>>50650195
You don't, really. Blue is the best color in magic, and in EDH Green is a close second.
There is a reason Simic is the best color combo.
>>
>>50645463
Same
>>
>>50650325
Quite the opposite. He's a very competitive commander, but he's never talked about because he's very easy to build and it's very clear what works and what doesn't in him. He's also not so good as to be complete bullshit like Leovold and Narset, so no one really complains about him.
>>
>>50648728
>No Krosan Grip

Please just let this meme die already.

Also the mana base could be way better. idk if you're on a budget or what but if you're not you should get all the fetches that fetch for green or black.
>>
>>50650392
yes
it is budget
>>
>>50645614
>I need to get gud the post
>>
>>50649971
This is the most stupid broken custom card I've ever seen anybody make. Casting cost needs to be way higher and it needs to tap and cost mana for it's effect. Destroying all lands is no fuckin joke m8.
>>
File: not the band.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
not the band.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>50650270
synergy of sorts
>>
File: 1471465267924.gif (415KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1471465267924.gif
415KB, 500x332px
>>50650434
>>
>>50650376
So how's my balance of ramp, removal, redundant combo, and tutors? Still need to cut ~10 cards
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-12-16-GfJ-ghave/
>>
>>50645755
This desu
>>
>>50650404
Well you can get slow fetches that enter tapped but the basic fetches are p good. But there needs to be more instant speed removal imo.
>>
>>50646121
>playing mono green
But sempai you already lost before the game began
>>
Alright, edited the Atraxa infect deck. Took out the Fellwar Stone, Sublime Exhalation, and Divination.
Added Citadel Siege, Retreat to Kazandu, and Durable Handicraft.

Any other recommendations?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-12-16-wGb-test/
>>
>>50646982
>Sheldon
Fuck that nigger, he doesn't know shit.
>>
>>50650548
This list gave me cancer. But that's what you're going for so good job. Needs a blightsteel meme and krosan grip.
>>
>>50650676

Blightsteel Colossus is both out of my price range, and not available locally for purchase. Not sure the point of Krosan Grip?
>>
>>50650722
>krosan grip
its the newest hip meme
>>
>>50650446
I'm not really sure what you're trying to accomplish with a lot of this. You've got a lot of stuff that's good with tokens, but next to no token producers, stuff that fetches auras, but only one aura, underpowered cards with no real interaction, and your mana base isn't so much janky as just kinda bad.

Honest question: are you new to EDH or Magic in general?
>>
>>50650722
>Not sure the point of Krosan Grip?

Idk what your meta is like but mine has a lot of infinite combos with artifacts and annoying enchantments so Krosan Grip is just the best artifact removal spell in green because of split second.
>>
File: 1471465651955.gif (2MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1471465651955.gif
2MB, 286x258px
>>50650744
Assmad Esper mage soptted, Captain.
>>
>>50650758

Ahh I see. I mainly just play within my own group, and they all have like 4 different decks they randomly play, so really no clue what I'm up against before we play.
>>
>>50650722
well krosan grip is just about the best removal spell in the format
>>
>>50650746
First EDH deck, but could you be more specific? Going by your list:
Ghave is the primary token producer
Open the Armory fetches auras but will primarily be used to get equipment that protects combo (Conqueror's Flail & Lightning Greaves),
Boonweaver Giant gets Pattern of Rebirth from the yard or library attached to it so I can sac for Karmic Guide to bring him back & sac again for Reveillark for a combo (Animate Dead is secondary in case there's something juicy)
Underpowered cards with no real interaction and the mana base are why I want advice; I need to cut some cards & my only thoughts on the manabase are: will I purchase fetches? (Verdant Catacombs is not cheap) can I remove all tap lands? (probably)
>>
File: 1364246882670.png (173KB, 301x285px) Image search: [Google]
1364246882670.png
173KB, 301x285px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sad-sap/

Tara, the Bloodsower solo list. Suggestions pls.
>>
>>50650994

Super boring, m8

What's the theme, what's unique about the deck?

It just reads like a 100 card snorefest to me.
>>
>>50650860

Hmm, maybe I'll try to fit it in then.
>>
>>50650746
Maybe I can get rid of the Cathodion+Dross Scorpion+Cauldron of souls combo

Or replace Concordant Crossroads+Cryptolith Rite with Earthcraft
>>
Yo, I made this gimmick deck based on the card Spiritmonger. Thoughts?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/spiritmongers-ii/

Just wanted to share.
>>
>>50650548
Skythirix, the blight dragon.
>>
File: Bobby1.jpg (68KB, 588x840px) Image search: [Google]
Bobby1.jpg
68KB, 588x840px
>>50651035
It's an edh list not a fuckin performance art piece. I wanna use one of the new partner commanders without a partner and I've wanted to make a token deck for awhile. That's it.
>>
>>50650994
She needs a partner
>>
>>50650722
It bypasses a large portion of countermagic
>>
>>50651117

A bit pricey and also not available locally sadly.
>>
>>50651119
Well your deck looks pretty decent and I'd hate to play against it because 1). it looks strong and 2). it's fucking boring.

Sorry to trigger you. I usually appraise EDH decks based on how much I'd like to play with and against them.
>>
>>50651156
>Decks I lose too are boring

kill yourself.
>>
>>50650994
I like it. saprolings seem like fun and overrunning your opponent with craterhoof + tons of saprolings seems hilarious.
>>
>>50650873
Alright, so, let's look at some things

Ghave lets you do a few things. First, he lets you turn +1/+1 counters on any of your creatures into creature tokens. So, this means you benefit from having lots of +1/+1 counters to work with. So, you look at cards that manipulate those. Hardened Scales, Corpsejack Menace, and yes, the dreaded $50 Doubling Season. These all give you more counters to work with, and make his other ability more profitable. You also want stuff that either works with tokens entering the battlefield (Parallel Lives, Champion of Lambholt, Mentor of the meek) to maximize every use of this ability. Suddenly, 1 mana Get's you two bodies, boosts a strong creature and gives you the opportunity for card draw.

He also gives you a moderately priced sack outlet (when it comes to sack outlets, anything that costs more than zero isn't really cheap). So, you want stuff that does neat things when creatures die. Twilight Drover thrives on this, Smothering Abomination fills your hand, Mazirek boosts your board (With more counters to play with) and Gravepact/Dictate of Erebos/Butcher of Malakir sweep your opponent's boards clean.

Basically, you've gotta think of it like this:
Creature tokens are your currency. You want to be able to generate a good amount of that currency, have good things to spend that currency on AND have good things happen WHEN you spend that currency. That's a good place to start with it. Token producers, stuff to use those tokens on, and bonus stuff for using your tokens.

Ghave is a pretty technical commander, so take heart, you're kind of jumping in the deep end with him. But if you can make him work, you'll never look back.
>>
>>50651156
It's not boring because it's strong. It just happens to be both strong and boring.
>>
>>50645755
I'm with this guy, there's absolutely nothing forcing anyone to play with you, so they should ban less things to allow more players to play the format the way they want to play it.

I'd let you play braids at my house anon, but my zurgo helmsmasher deck has like 15 one mana spells in it so I'd be able to handle it
>>
>>50651251
Exactly this. The banlist should be very, very minimal or nonexistent because the very nature of commander allows us to curate and influence the decks and people that we play against.

For example, my partner plays a Griselbrand deck at home, and it's super chill. There's a fun and interactive way to use every card in the game, it should be up to us to decide how and with whom.
>>
>>50651225
Sorry, if I wasn't clear in this point: You need more token generators. Some good ones are:
Mycoloth
Avenger of Zendikar
Awakening Zone/From Beyond
Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
Elspeth, Sun's Champion

All these make tokens for you without the expenditure of resources
>>
>>50651225
Yeah that's how I ended up with innocuous looking cards such as Young Wolf and Strangleroot Geist (Undying+Ashnod's Altar+Ghave = infinite tokens & mana)

Juniper Order Ranger turns Persist creatures and a sac outlet into infinite sac & +1/+1 counters

Jumping into the deep end is a good way to put it
Some of the combos are sort of overboard (Dross Scorpion+Cauldron of Souls+Cathodion or Mikaeus+Ashnod's), but seem like a lot of fun when they go off (lets you infinitely recur any creature)

Basically I just want to confidently cut some cards while having enough redundancy in my combos to pull off some cool shit
>>
>>50641489
mono red (zirilan) dragons or jund (karrthus) dragons?
>>
>>50651522
Never do karthus dragons.
That shit is a clone trap.
>>
>>50651366
The idea of the deck is 2 or 3 card combos (with or without Ghave) that generate infinite mana, saproling tokens, +1/+1 tokens, infinite sacrifice triggers, or some combination of the 3. These are my engines.

Then I add modifiers (like Exsanguinate, Altar of the Brood, Blasting Station, Zulaport Cutthroat, Triskelion, etc.) that turn one of the three resources (or a combination) into infinite damage, mill, drain, etc. These are my finishers.

I guess I can't ask you to look at it in as much depth as I have, so I'll keep working on cutting down to 100. Also, I'll definitely throw From Beyond in there (especially since it can search up Smothering Abomination), but I'm not sure if I'd take any of the others over a redundant combo piece. Avenger of Zendikar or Mycoloth might be fun, if not as impactful as finishing a combo.
>>
>>50650548

Would Athreos be a decent idea? That whole pay 3 life or I get something to my hand seems really fucking useful, even if I'm mainly using infect, it'll still weaken them to the other 3 players.
>>
>>50651446
I get that. Unfortunately, from my perspective, this deck kinda needs to be gutted and rebuilt to do that. I'd keep the most efficient counter producers and sack outlets, throw in some more death triggers and definitely more token producers. Also, don't be afraid to use EDHrec and snoop around on tapped out for other people's lists. You're building a combo commander as your first deck, net decking is allowed.

Lemme set you up with a good baseline for mana bases. It's not gospel, but it's a good general guideline that takes budget into account.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifig4xSp0kA
>>
File: 1479441158875.jpg (113KB, 1600x837px) Image search: [Google]
1479441158875.jpg
113KB, 1600x837px
Hey /edhg/, could I get some feedback on this? It's by no means a finished list, but it's got most of what I want to do (stax, goblin synergies) in it.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wort-10/
>>
>>50651690
Nice, now that's helpful
>>
>>50648994
Sabrina from pokemon.
>>50645582
She's a psychic gym leader so a UB legendary creature is the closest color combination i can think of
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gwu-landfall-edh/

how does the decklist hold up? anything i can add/take out? its relatively strong in my meta, only thing i could think of would be to add misty rainy forest, and take out terrain generator/blighted steppe/cataract.

the theme is primarily anything landfall. roo nis at the helm so i can get sweet extra lands per turn, or protect certain vital cards
>>
I made a Momir Vig deck based around drawing everything and counters. It loses pretty badly from what I've tested though.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/09-12-16-Hrq-momir-vig/
>>
>>50651690
this video is terrible
>>
File: 1424273068351.png (89KB, 310x216px) Image search: [Google]
1424273068351.png
89KB, 310x216px
So, I need to build a Naya deck, and I'm torn between Marath and Mayael. I've run both in the past and they were both fun as hell, but I'm only gonna rebuild one.

Wat do?
>>
>>50652065

32 seems like way too low number of lands for you, very few decks can run that amount and your deck has very little ramp, also you have a really steep mana curve of high cost stuff

Would be surprised that this deck works at all, you need to cut like 10 of those cards, put in 5-6 ramp like far seek, nature's lore, etc, and 4-5 lands

You have good cards in the deck, should work fine once you smooth out the mana situation
>>
>>50652167
Depends on your meta and what you want to build around them, really. Marath's a solid toolboxy choice that can be threatening at all times, Mayael can be hated out if players are persistent enough but can also be broken as hell.

Which describes you better-
"I have the most fun when I make a big, splashy play to turn the game around in my favor", or "I have the most fun when I am a consistent presence on the board, always able to do something even after folding to a threat"?

Marath is for the consistency game, Mayael is for the bomber run. I'd also say that you can run Mayael in Marath, but Marath doesn't really go in Mayael as well.
>>
>>50652176
Cutting is the hardest part I feel.
>>
File: 1481221421001.gif (2MB, 409x398px) Image search: [Google]
1481221421001.gif
2MB, 409x398px
>>50652414
>cutting deck
>ask friends for help
>"well why dont u add persist since you use +1/+1 counters"
>>
>>50652167
Gahiji
>>
>>50647467
i just like the praetors anon

pls no more bully :(
>>
>>50652665

I'd love to add Elesh Norn and Sheoldred to my deck, they are so rad.
>>
>>50652718
im trying to do 1 of each
so far have
sheoldred goodstuff ,demon subtheme
elesh tokens and pump, purity subtheme
vorinclex stompy swarm, fight subtheme

dont know what i want to do for jin and urabrask
>>
>>50649971
>So, I know /tg/ hates custom cards
Why does /tg/ hate custom cards?
>>
>>50653053
it's really easy bait
>>
>>50653169
Hating them or making them?
>>
>>50653053
Because on /tg/ the more you think you know about game design, the worse you are at it. If you're trying, you've already failed. Those who try too hard reach the Rosewater Singularity.
>>
>>50652176
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/09-12-16-Hrq-momir-vig/

Yeah this should be quite a bit better. I cut a lot of the cards that haven't really been doing anything for me.
>>
>>50653314
I honestly can't tell if you're memeing or not.
>>
>>50653364
That's my secret, Cap

Faggots always look
>>
>>50653314
Wouldn't that mean that no one knows anything about game design, then?

What about a creature that costs 1RR, can pay one R to do one damage to a creature or RR to do one damage to a player, has first strike and haste, toughness 2, and its power is equal to the damage it's done to creatures and players that turn?
>>
>>50653048
Urabrask goblin tribal
Jin-Gitaxias wombo combo (every mono blue combo evet)
>>
>>50651566
This if you want Jund colors for dragon tribal just use Prosh. Let people know it's dragon tribal and Prosh is just for the colors and devour.
>>
>>50653048
urabrask eldrazi theme?

jin draw theme?
>>
most of my decks are pretty casual theme decks, and I hate the color blue, so a while back I decided to make the most blue deck I could as a a sort of know your enemy approach. I went from hating blue to having fun with it, but I want to fine tune it a little bit more, but i'm not really sure what else I could add. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/azamimanga-daioh/
>>
>>50653048
Urabrask freedom subtheme. Ror row fight the power!
>>
Anyone know if Graft triggers Hardened Scales?
>>
File: BehholdTheBeyond.jpg (2MB, 2560x1878px) Image search: [Google]
BehholdTheBeyond.jpg
2MB, 2560x1878px
new thread
>>50654635
>>50654635
>>50654635

come on over
>>
>>50654583
It does
>>
>>50646929
>assuming I'm made of money
you assumed wrong
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.