[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 27

File: corporate men.jpg (103KB, 1064x460px) Image search: [Google]
corporate men.jpg
103KB, 1064x460px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>50643592
>Firearms_for_the_Consummate_Negotiator.xls
>Double_Life.txt
>Damien_Knight_vs_Arthur_Vogel_A_War_Within_Ares.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 12 (86% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message. Message reads as follows: 'Regional exec having yacht party and I need a plus one, you in or are you busy with "work" again?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Corporate_Battle_Bunnies.BTL…

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Corporate SINner edition
>>
Fresh off of the video games, and wanting to get into the pnp. Is there a way to do a rigger/streetsam with a focus on assault/sniper rifles in one character or is that just a no go character creationwise?
>>
If you're a corporate SINner, do you have to take and make all your shadowrunning-related payments in hard cash, or is there a way to spend money electronically without letting your corporate overlords know that you're spending more money than they're giving you?
>>
>>50667859
Rigger and Sammy don't really overlap in terms of attributes and both are equipment-intensive, again, without much overlap.
It'd be possible but I don't think it would be easy to make an effective character.
>>
>>50667859
That's gonna be pretty difficult to pull off, to be honest with you. That's a lot of cash to throw around and a lot of stats divided about
>>
>>50667859
Depends on what you mean by rigger and how large a dicepool you're pursuing, really. Generally speaking, spreading your resources that thin will be difficult, particularly as there's not a lot of skill/attribute overlap between a proper rigger and a street sam.
>>50667901
Your corporate overlords are automagically taxing all your income anyway, they give no fucks about how much you make provided they get their cut.
>>
>>50667907
>>50667915
I appreciate you murdering my dreams in a gentle manner.

>>50667953
By rigger i think a guy with a couple drones in tow for firesupport and with a sweet extraction vechile of sorts to boot. (Because someone has to drive the van?)
>>
>>50668023
Don't worry though, riggers are so fun to play on the table, you don't even need the added street sam in there.
>>
>>50668023
On a related note, how easy is it to be the getaway driver/car chase guy when you're too busy being a streetsam to be a proper rigger?
>>
File: giants_by_eoghankerrigan-d7vf0tv.jpg (310KB, 1280x945px) Image search: [Google]
giants_by_eoghankerrigan-d7vf0tv.jpg
310KB, 1280x945px
Anyone got any art that would work for a SR giant? Or at least for inspiration?
>>
>>50668153
'eh, one thing at a time i get it. I just cracked open the core rulebook and theres so much fucking cool shit in here i think im having trouble focusing. I wanna shoot shit, pilot the robots and drive the car.
>>
>>50668023
In my experience, the rigger is usually the driver. No one has time to learn how to shift gears when they're at the shooting range.
>>
>>50668023
Okay, good news! That doesn't need to be an attribute-intensive build, just a money pit. If you're not going o be jumping into the drones yourself, you can pretty much just get a decent RCC specced for firewall defence, upgrade the Pilot rating on your drones, and issue orders like a battalion commander.
>>50668153
If you're actually driving the car, your street sam's stats will dovetail nicely with your requirements.
>>
>>50668205
>not learning to shoot on the job doing drivebys as a lowly ganger
Everyone, get a load of this chummer.
>>
>>50668153

Piloting is linked to Reaction, and you should have a half-decent reaction score to be a street sam, so you can make it work without too much investment outside of your specialty.

The steely-eyed wheelman and vehicle empathy qualities are neat picks for anyone who will drive hard but won't be jumped in like a rigger.
>>
>>50668233
I really like that idea, like my own three/four man band of me and the drones.
>>
On the topic of all this rigger/driver stuff. Is there actually any use for someone who specializes in driving? Like a legit getaway driver who isn't a rigger.
>>
So uh, I want to run a Shadowrun game with some friends. Here are some of the ideas I had. Input please?

Firstly, it's using 4th-edition rules, but set pretty early after the change, so the metaraces are still pretty new and there's a lot of tension.

Second, I'm cutting out all the decking stuff. Anything to do with hacking will be done offscreen by people on an internet connection half a world away. This is because the people I'm looking to play with think hacking/decking is a hot mess in every edition so I want it to come into play as little as possible past making a phone call to hacker allies and flipping a coin to see if they can make something happen.

Thirdly, instead of strictly playing Shadowrunners, the players will be playing corporate troubleshooters for a major bank and the game's missions and storyline will be based on the premise, "What if all the big modern conspiracy theories were true?"
>>
>>50668387
The "Pilot anything" guy is useful for improvising a getaway, plus to actually... get away.
>>
>>50668465
Also style points for being the guy with the sweet ride.
>>
>>50668387
Regular driver to lose a tail or keep the vehicle steady while fighting go gangers is always usefull. Better than rigger?No. The fact that Rigging Interface both gives you bonus to almost fucking everuthing and lowers the threshold of stunts is that good.
>>
Presumably a non rigged driver would be able to beat up the vehicle more no?
>>
File: Jason-Statham-Ferarri-F121.jpg (308KB, 1200x683px) Image search: [Google]
Jason-Statham-Ferarri-F121.jpg
308KB, 1200x683px
>>50668387

You get to channel your inner Jason Statham

But like Statham you should invest in some secondary skills so you can do more than sit in the car.
>>
File: jason-statham-transporter-3.jpg (54KB, 620x386px) Image search: [Google]
jason-statham-transporter-3.jpg
54KB, 620x386px
>>50668582

Whoops, wrong Jason Statham pic
>>
>>50668554
Like the car taking more dmg? Sure. You will need it because the rigged one gets +2 to doge and speed and +4 to handling.Also can use matrix initiative for driving
>>
>>50668387
Like a lot of niche roles, it depends a lot on your GM taking steps to support it. A lot of games will gloss over the escape once you get out of the actual area, largely because actual OPSec is boring.
>>50668554
It's more likely that a non-rigger will NEED to bust up the vehicle in order to achieve the same things as the rigger driver, due to the increased limits and reduced thresholds for stunts that a rigger receives.
>>
>>50668240
>>50668233
Excellent. So my other question: how much money is too much money to put in your ride if you're not a rigger? I bought a 32k GMC Phoenix, dropped nearly 40k in mods into it recently (+2 Handling, +2 concealed armor, Antitheft 3, Metahuman Adjustment, Increased Seating, Spoof Chip, Morphing License Plate) and want to drop about another 40k (Luxury Accomodations, Yerzed Out 4, Heavy Weapon Mount and an HMG with Smartgun System to go in it, Ram Plate, maybe an Advanced Winch too) in it before I'm happy with it. I could buy a fucking Eurocar 3000 with that sort of money, but such is the price of customization.

Oh, and my other other question: On a scale of 1-10, how difficult would it be to acquire a SAAB Gladius 998 TI without paying for it? The very thought of having a car that's faster than anything that law enforcement has on the road gives me an erection that the sight of which would make most Asian women tremble in a combination of fear and arousal.
>>
I am about to create my first ever shadowrun character for a campaign I am joining this weekend. I want to create a spirit exterminator based on pic related. Ideally I want to not be magical but i don't know if there is anything mundane characters can do to interact with spirits.

Is this doable? How would I go about it?
>>
>>50668749
This is in 5e.
>>
>>50668749
Man, it's been so long since I've seen that movie I can't even help you out.
>>
Can I Smartlink a Bow?

What magic rating should I am for as a physAdept?
>>
File: 1459262808384.jpg (69KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1459262808384.jpg
69KB, 540x540px
>>50668749
I wish there was a folder in the pastebin called, "You're not as special as you think you are" that has copies of sheets like "mundane paraexterminator".

Go buy Astral Powder, get electric weaponry and APDS for an assault rifle, have grenades.
>>
>>50668818
I.. guess?
I mean it would be a camera on it and that's it
can't imagine any other use for it

also depends on what focus you want
>>
>>50668818
I dunno anon, your post gave me mixed feelings. On one hand I want to be an asshole and saying
>Is it called a smartGUN system or a smartRANGEDWEAPON system?
But on the other hand, when I think about it a bow would probably have more to benefit from a smartlink than a gun would, if only by realworld logic.
>>
>>50668677

Too much money on your ride is an arbitrary line that depends on how much you want to street sam vs drive. It's a tradeoff at all levels. A lot of 'ware has crossover use that makes you a better driver and a better sammy (initiative boosters like wired reflexes are a big one, any reaction boosters too, and agi synergizes with gunnery). At the very least, you should have a good piece (like a Predator V, Defiance T-250, Mac X Smartgun or AK-97), a few different ammo types, some armor, a DocWagon contract, some burner commlinks, and a fake SIN with some licenses (don't forget a driver's license!)

The Gladius is a 150k nuyen car. Finding one you can boost in the first place will be difficult, and then after stealing it and having your decker reset ownership and erase the tags you still have to deal with the fact that a 150k nuyen car sticks out like a sore thumb when the cops are still on the lookout for it. It's more trouble than it's worth, probably.

If you want to get one legit, the Gladius is availability 14, so you need to take Restricted Gear to have one at chargen. Seeing as you're not a rigger, I might suggest getting a Dynamit instead if you have the need for speed. 60k cheaper, available at chargen, and just as fast.

I might recommend having a more subtle ride if your group is mirrorshades, because being able to blend in is key. See the opening of Drive for inspiration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdqbdEKeJ_4

If your group is more pink mohawk, though, by all means drive the dream car.
>>
>>50668863
I'm trying to make the green arrow, complete with boxing glove arrows.
>>50668876
>>Is it called a smartGUN system
While true, you also point out that a bow you benefit from the constantly updating data than a gun would, plus a bow is not exactly an optimal weapon.
>>
>>50667859
Ignore the haters. Riggers already want Wired Reflexes and Reaction Enhancers for their Pilot skills, and that translates well into being a street samurai. Just go into it with the understanding that you'll be a functional warrior that can't operate on the sheer killy level of a dedicated street samurai and you'll be fine.
>>
>>50668178
They're just big dudes with big beards and rough skin. As long as there are no objects nearby for size comparison, there's tons of shit that fits.
>>
Being a Jojofag I am thinking about doing a character specialized in a single spirit.
How can i do this?
>>
>>50668454
Hacking can't be done half a world away after crash 2.0. What I'd recommend is giving them an npc that can come with them or stay nearby and do the hacking, allowing you to hand wave a bunch of it.

I'm not sure about bank trouble shooters b/c all your hooks would have to center around the bank. I'd recommend police force, be that KE, Lone Star or some other corp enforcement. That way you have an excuse to go to a variety of places.
>>
My players are running afoul of a necromancer, and assuming I wanted them to fight 2 guardian spirits, one mook working for the necromancer, and a bunch of really low force task spirits that happen to be in the area, how high force should the guardian spirits be? I'm thinking like, around force 4-5? Would that work, or would it end up killing them?>>50667859
Assault rifles/ sniper rifles is hard. Sniper rifles use the shotgun skill for some reason, so best to pair them with that.
The rigger bit can fit if you want to be a vehicle rigger, but not if you want an army of drones.
>>50668863
The smartlink does ballistics math for you, right? Bullshit like windage and yardage is way more important with a bow than with a gun.
>>
>>50669060
This streetsam was quite thoroughly kitted out by the time he came into my hands, so I have no worries about gear money. But I'm sure I could never buy a SAAB or a Dynamit for 2 reasons
1: I'm going to dump money into it for mods after the fact
2: After spending all that money on my current ride and the money I've yet to spend on it, I don't think I could stockpile that much money and not end up buying something more sensible with it, like a house.
So basically stealing one is my only option.
>>
>>50669373
You need to get an Ally Spirit. It's only available after your first Initiation, but the initiation trial for that can actually be making your spirit familiar. After that, you can spend your own karma upgrading it.
>>
>>50669376
Good point about crash 2.0. We'll probably end up handwaving that shit with an npc then, thanks!

The idea is that the bank in question is a megacorp, so they, and by extension the PCs, are doing stuff for the super rich, like the .00001%. Remember that really old political cartoon with standard oil as an octopus? Same basic idea. Would it be better to just use an established megacorp from the series? That way it'd be a bit more obvious where things are going and just what they're doing, I suppose.

The idea isn't for the characters to be heroes. Although strikebreaking and false-flagging for corp enforcement could and probably will come up.
>>
>>50669376
The trick would be to having each of the bank troubles pull them into an entire season's worth of complicated, interlinking plot, instead of having each problem be only a single episode of stuff. Big things that take a lot of time and energy to solve, but which can be subdivided and compartmentalized into a series of episodic missions in one greater arc.

For example, a legendary thief broke into a safety deposit box and stole some valuable shit. You need him to tell you where he sold it. To do that, you need to capture him and leverage his freedom against ratting out his employer. Which means you need to set up a trap around a heist that's easy enough to get him to the intended trap, but not easy enough to be suspicious - and that requires bait. Bait like a priceless heirloom sword that a Renraku executive is offering in exchange for freeing his daughter from shadowrunners. To get intel on where the runners are, though, you'll need to deal with a local street gang, who want...

And then once you've resolved all of that (including the mid-season twist where the Renraku brat is part of the runner team and you hire them to backstab the legendary thief by being the heist crew who leads him into the trap) you have the mid-season finale where you have to steal a bunch of documents off of sovereign corporate territory to return them to the client and save your employer hundreds of millions in reimbursement costs.

That's the trick to playing gimmicky games.
>>
>>50669478
>I don't think I could stockpile that much money and not end up buying something more sensible with it, like a house.
>So basically stealing one is my only option.
Is there any mentality more Shadowrun than this?
>>
What do you guys think of SR:Anarchy?
I like the idea of a simplified SR, but I cannot wrap my head around the whole turn-based Narration thing :/
>>
>>50669756
People asking about Anarchy is one of this general's biggest pet peeves.

The general consensus is that it's not terrible, but it's also not good, and also not rules-light.
>>
>>50669716
That sounds like it could be pretty cool too, yeah. I'll admit I hadn't planned that far in advance yet, but I definitely see the appeal.
>>
>>50669673
>Would it be better to just use an established megacorp from the series?

The pro is that it would have established lore to draw on that anchors it in the setting. Con is that you'll be restricted by that lore too.

There aren't really any issues with just inventing one. There are a ton of AA-rated megacorps beneath the big 10 and the canon list is far from exclusive. There must be hundreds that have extraterritoriality, strong security forces, corporate citizens and all the other good stuff but have never been mentioned in any sourcebook. As long as you don't go crazy with it and make it a 'Lore Sue', it won't be a problem.
>>
>>50669756

A derpfest squeezed from the septic anal glands of a gibbering reprobate. It fails to accomplish what it really set out to do. It's Dungeon World for SR, only worse because Shadowrun actually has a good setting.
>>
is being a punchy adept good or is the cyber-up char just better?
>>
>>50670319
Cyber's better for punch. You get +5 punch damage compared to a non-cyber puncher.

Adepts are for swords.
>>
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And always practice affirmative informed consent
>>
File: 1475110550465.jpg (351KB, 1063x752px) Image search: [Google]
1475110550465.jpg
351KB, 1063x752px
>>50670786
>/srg/ - dumb callback edition
>>
>>50668876
>Is it called a smartGUN system or a smartRANGEDWEAPON system?
You can put it in throwing knives, grenades, bows, etc - it really is SmartRangedWeapon System. Don't be that asshole.
>>
File: contemporary-idols-schoolgirl.jpg (220KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
contemporary-idols-schoolgirl.jpg
220KB, 1080x1080px
>>50669756
The sole redeeming factor I like about Anarchy is that it allows for GM-less play, but in my experience groups where one person gets shackled behind the GM screen aren't the type that handle round-robin narration well so it becomes a bit of a wash. It offers basically nothing for a more traditional GMimg experience aside from removing power outliers, and it only achieves that by reducing player options to a few amps.

Also people keep bugging me to make a version of Chummer that supports it, which seems... counterintuitive to the stated design goals of the game being simple.

I'd much rather just run or play with the Blades in the Dark hack if I couldn't do Shadowrun proper.
>>
Campaign idea:
All the players are not shadowrunners, but infact men in black, ala the style of cartoon and movies. They're keeping surge creatures and and aliens in check.
>>
Has anyone had any experience on the tabletop with the Incomplete deprogramming and or the flashbacks qualities? Are they a recipe for disaster or could i get some quality roleplaying/at least a decent laugh out of them
>>
So I want to make a troll fashion model character who, on her downtime, beats people to death for kicks. Think "The Russian" from Punisher but if he were a she, and she were a supermodel. Not sure if she can run face, but I'm thinking about it. Any suggestions for the character? Gear, quirks, etc?
>>
Is a cowboy samurai viable?
What if I wanted a "gun in one hand, katana in the other" deal going on? Too much to handle?
>>
>>50671682
It works in 4e, at least. Ambidexterity is a quality, Buy Melee hardening on your weapon so it's safe to use as a bludgeon, have a sword in your other hand, and then take the dual-wielding Martial Arts maneuvers from Arsenal, like Two-Weapon Style, Ripost, off-hand training, and Disarm.

Generally you don't want to multi-attack and split your dice pool ever, so don't do that: Just use your revolver or your sword only in a given turn.
>>
>>50671782
Well, I'm doing 5e. Doing it one-at-a-time will do.
>>
>>50671654
Quirks: Day Job, Fame, distinctive style?
>>
>>50671800
I don't know 5e, so you're on your own.
>>
I'm a bit of a newbie to the Shadowrun-verse, what do cybereyes provide in comparison to the human eye? Also how do induction datajacks work.
>>
>>50671800
The cowboy martial art is good for nonlethal shooting shenanigans, however you may consider the other two shooting martial arts which focus more on combat in melee and thus give some benefit to your swordfighting as well.
>>
>>50671840
At base level, it lets you see AR iconography and lets you record things you see like a living security camera.

You can trick them out with Jensen Sunglasses, laser welder eyes, popping them out so they function as little spy drones, heat vision, night vision, microscopic vision, and all kinds of crazy shit by paying a little more.
>>
I've never used karmagen, what's the max I should be spending on skills/attributes/cash/etc?
>>
>>50671947
Neato. I suppose it's worth the trade for metahuman vision then. So would the average cyber eye user see a HUD overlay?
>>
>>50672008
If they wanted to. That would be part of the AR Image Link, though you'd need it to link to actually useful stuff for a useful heads-up display.

Like smartlink system stuff so that you can see targeting data from your gun, and the remaining ammo count in it. Or a tacsoft program so that you can see your allies on a 'mini map'. Or a biomonitor to see your own vitals.
>>
>>50672093
Thanks for the help, chummer!
>>
>>50671805
Is it even viable for face or muscle, though? I'm thinking no chrome, probably.
>>
File: NCR_Ranger_concept4.jpg (73KB, 990x1100px) Image search: [Google]
NCR_Ranger_concept4.jpg
73KB, 990x1100px
Can I make a custom ballistic mask work as a gas mask?

How would I go about doing that? Just toss a respirator in there, or is there anything more complex rules-wise I should look out for?
>>
>>50672272
Trolls can face just fine.
>>
>>50672596
Gas masks and/or Respirators can be added to a Ballistic Mask, taking up a portion of its Capacity.
>>
>>50672596
Respirator consumes 2 capacity, you've still got six left. No particular reason for it to be a problem. Won't help you much without a fully sealed suit since most toxins are Contact/Inhalation though.
>>
>>50672596

Gas mask is capacity [2]. It'll fit in a mask just fine
>>
File: CatBurglar.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
CatBurglar.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Rate my cybered up catgirl/catboi mark 2. Goal is an infiltrator, sniper, and pocket/backup sam

History involves getting limbs blown off in a previous run
>>
File: 1425359371403.png (459KB, 642x719px) Image search: [Google]
1425359371403.png
459KB, 642x719px
Are the elves gone yet?
>>
File: file.png (74KB, 1177x745px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
74KB, 1177x745px
So I'm resurrecting one of our old feature branches since there's nothing else I super want to work on at the moment. Any opinions on stuff that would make it easier to be an rigger?
>>
>>50672736
5th edition right?
priority, sum to ten, or karma?
>>
>>50672833
5e, priority
>>
>>50672736
I like the idea of digigrade legs on catborgs, but I would understand if you didn't want topay the extra essence. You should probably try and swing an extra initiative dice or two to give you a chance at a third pass, even if you just pick up a baggy of Cram. Also, I'd probably specialise in shotguns over the sniper rifle, as I have a fair hunch which one you'll use more, and maybe upgrade to the Mossberg, It's only 350 nuyen more,has one higher base accuracy and can fire full auto - it's otherwise identical to the SPAS.
>>
>>50672750
being able to switch between viewing vehicle mods and viewing drone mods would be nice

being able to add gear to drones and vehicles (like body armor to anthroforms) would also be nice
>>
>>50672272
No Chrome as in Au Naturale or do you think you might go adept?
>>
>>50673235
Au Naturale. I can do a little chrome or bioware, but the body can't visibly change that much and I'd prefer not to just have well-concealed cyberlimbs. This character is supposed to be able to look good at any time and mingle with the upper crust: she's a model, after all.
>>
>>50673488
Baseline Troll or a Meta Variant? (assuming 5e) Fomorians have a higher charisma but have taken the rough end of the pineapple otherwise, Giants also have higher max charisma and better natural armour at the price of reduced reaction and skin that looks like bark. But based on the art they seem to have more human-like proportions so that migh make them more suitable to being a model.
>>
>>50673548
I was going to do vanilla Troll. I didn't want to do Adept, as my last character was also one, but not going hard in the chrome seems to handicap me a bit if I'm mundane.
>>
There is a specialization for gymnastics in chummer called "rolling." Anyone know if any book describes what that's about?
>>
>>50673623
Curling up into a ball and rolling. really, it's a gymnastic move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9HxqFzHAT4
>>
>>50673587
It kind of does, but the reality of the troll toll means you aren't likely to be able to afford much 'ware anyway. Is this priority?
>>
>>50673720
Yeah, priority build. My character has 450k Nuyen and a solid income from national fame, though.
>>
>>50673764
Okay, so A resources, so B must be metatype, C Attributes? E Magic and D skills?
That's going to leave badly under resourced in the attributes area, still if you skimp on logic and go full dumb blonde and on body as it's not as vital in 5e due to the re-scaling of armour your stat's could be -
BOD: 5
AGI: 4
REA: 3
STR: 8
CHA: 4
INT: 4
LOG: 1
WIL: 3
EDG: 1

I get why you took A resources but I think that might be a bit of a mistake (though it will allow you to acquire a limo or a luxury lifestyle), I'd swap attributes to A (or B with Metatype A) and resources C, and represent the money with a high lifestyle. Are you going to take Creature of Comfort as a negative?
>>
>>50673945
Yeah, I should probably do that. And no, the negatives right now are Day Job (20hr), Addiction (Mild, Novacoke), and SINner (National, Russia)
>>
Is there a quality or something for people who lost one eye?
>>
>>50674047
Sure You only need to refluff "Cyclopean Eye" from Run Faster to 'lost one eye and didn't get it replaced' instead of 'being born with only one eye'.
>>
>>50667656
What are the top 10 most essential items for any shadowrunner to own regardless of role in the party?
>>
>>50674136
10 katanas
>>
>>50667859
if you had to go rigger/sammy, I'd say go for support rigger style rather than combat rigger style. Set up observation drones and use sniper rifles from well away to make otherwise impossible shots. Have special drones that latch onto locations and have bullet proof armor that will bounce shots for you. Things like that. Go full Deadeye on this.

Use the roleplay to get around dice pool disadvantages.
>>
>>50668749
as far as I can tell? Yes. But you're going to be horribly gimped compared to any mage or even adept. Also the stuff you'll be using in a lot of cases like that stuff they use to kill bug spirits, will put you on a load of folk's shit lists.
>>
>>50669376
I thought half a world away hacking couldn't be done after Grid 2.0? Post Crash 2.0 had all that stuff about jumping between nodes I recall.
>>
>>50674136
1.) Armour
2.) Commlink
3) Fake SIN
4) Fake Licenses for anything you're likely to get caught with
5) a Gasmask

and that's all I got off the top of my head
>>
>>50674281
Don't forget rope. Never know when you might need it.
>>
>>50674136
People have asked variations of this question so damn much. Spread this list like metastasized cancer so no one has to ask again:

Weapon(s), ammo, armor(s), commlink(s), fake SIN(s), fake license(s). These apply to all characters.
The rest have to be picked according to your character and cannot apply to all builds in general, so there is no point in asking. Do your character the justice of researching the rest yourself.
>>
4e question. Am I to assume that the spell limit (2xSpellcasting) on p.97 SR4A is the hardcap for how many spells a mage can know, or is this only in character creation?
>>
Is it supposed to be so hard to hit players, or do I just have shit luck? I've mainly used tweaked Halloweener's and Corporate Security from Plots and Paydata and I miss nearly every roll. Also, if I hit, but don't beat Armor, do they take any stun or no?
>>
>>50674136
1) A commlink. Obviously.

2) Hands-free communication. An earbead for the above is simplest.

3) A gun. Even if they're so full of 'wares or adept magic that they can punch someone's spine out with their bare hands, it makes a Johnson feel better to have his goon pat you down and take a gun away before a meeting.

4) Wheels. If nothing else, drop 3k on a scooter. Beats taking the bus.

5) Autoinjector. Either cyberware or an armour add-on. Being able to pop Nitro and Jazz at a thought can save your ass if you're not a street sam, and a dose of kamikaze turns a combat monster into a combat behemoth.

6) A fake SIN. You don't want a run to go bad because you got pulled over by KE and didn't have license and registration.

7) Armor. Unless you're literally crippled, you should be able to rock an armoured vest.

8) Electricity. Taser, shock glove, or stick-n-shock rounds for your gun.

9) A colour-changing jumpsuit and a toolkit. Looking like building maintenance will buy you at least a couple of extra seconds if shit hits the fan, and a moment of hesitation from the corporate goons can be the difference between life and death.

10) Multiple penile implants.
>>
How many of you remember the shitload of rules as the situations come up? Do you remember certain categories because your character(s) used them often? Are there forever GMs that ended up remembering everything?

I've read through the books in preparation for my friends and I to play for the first time and I am going to be GM first. The best I can do so far is remember when something has an established rule (for example if someone wants to fire from a moving vehicle I remember there is a set rule for that but I can't remember with certainty if it gives them -2 or a different number).

The GM screen has a lot of stuff that comes up often but I'm kinda lost beyond that. I figure the players should memorize things common to their character specifically too (guy with mage character learns every rule for magic, etc).
>>
>>50674431
Cheat sheets are your friends. Use them!
>>
>>50674431
Players should remember the weird esoteric shit that comes with their specialty. If it's a specific weird situation, the GM makes something up on the fly and they look up the actual rules after the session.
>>
>>50674443
Oh wow. I didn't expect the cheat sheets in the pastebin to be so comprehensive. Bless you for suggesting them and bless the nice people who made them.
>>
>>50674291
right, climbing gear probably too, oh and a survival kit.
>>
>>50674395
>2) Hands-free communication. An earbead for the above is simplest.
Always go micro-transceiver. It's worldwide with wireless, 1km when turned wireless off. You can only snoop when it's wireless on.
>>
>>50674149
>>50674281
>>50674291
>>50674295
>>50674395
>>50674527
>>50674585
>>50674527
why does nobody mention the shit that lets you detect RFID tags and fry them?
>>
>>50674633
Because that's more the hacker's niche than something everyone needs to be able to do.
>>
>>50674637
>expecting the decker to dutifully erase all hostile tags
>expecting the decker to do his job
>expecting the decker to tie his own shoes
>expecting the decker to not starve to death jerking it to sim porn between runs
lot of faith there omae
>>
>>50674637
How so? I think double checking yourself for RFID's and cleansing them is important.

Hell, I do it when I play technomancer or decker, but that's just because I always play black trenchcoats who are too paranoid for their own good.... though that's probably because I inevitably take an enemy with a double digit group contact bonus
>>
>>50674637

But the group I'm running for has no real hacker. They still managed to get rid of RFID tags on their own.
>>
>>50674378
Well, describe your dicepools. Your average Tier 1 mook should generally be throwing around 7-9 dice, which will usually net you around 3 hits in most circumstances.

A frontline combatant will generally be throwing 9-12 dice to dodge the attack, and should average around 4 hits. So far not so good, so you need to try and reduce the players' dice pool. Getting attacked multiple times reduces their pool by 1 each time. Fire Modes can cut that pool down by -2 to -9.

As far as damage goes, if there is still DV left after rolling for armour and body and that DV is less than your armour, the remaining damage is applied to your stun track.
>>
>>50674633
>>50674645
>>50674662

Frying RFID tags is not enough, nor is it the best idea because it can be suspicious if your restricted equipment never broadcasts anything.
For example, you're supposed to change the data on your brand new looted gun's RFID to be registered to your fake license, or fry the old one and put a new one with the data you want.

Apparently defaulting on the computer related skill for either and the armorer skill to put a new one in is frowned upon (like defaulting on anything), so yeah I would ask the decker to do it for me.
>>
>>50674633
Possibly because I like to forget that bullshit altogether, as it really bugs me that runners exist at all in that ever present surveillance net.
>>
>>50674687
Infinite data means infinite noise. The trick isn't to become impossible to find, the trick is to be more expensive to find than the amount of damage you did to the one trying to find you.

This is why you don't fuck with Saeder-Krupp. They don't do cost-benefit analyses when someone fucks with them.
>>
>>50674683
I was thinking of the misting that corps will do during a break in and just spray a cloud of RFID tags at folks.
>>
>>50674378
I would say it is, because unless you're a min-maxed armour freak, you don't have to get hit very much before you're not participating anymore, like 1-2 hits.
>>
>>50672750
For vehicels to stay in the order i have set them. Maybe different tab for vehicles and drones. Everything being colapsed by default. Asking for an easy way to make your custom drone would be too much
>>
>>50674706
Yeah yeah, and I know that it's mainly that the corps find runners useful that keeps them existing, that and areas like the barrens that no-one in authority gives a single fuck about give them a place to hide but it still kind of irks me.
>>
>>50674706
this on both accounts
>>50674708
oh yeah that is a threat when fucking with corps but the thing is while its a good precaution for every character, how many of them have the know-how to prepare for that? the list of must-have gear is stuff that applies to everyone regardless of their areas of expertise or what kinds of runs they will do
>>
File: choose your class.jpg (49KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
choose your class.jpg
49KB, 720x540px
need some direction, if you'd be so kind

decided on doing a technomancer again in a new campaign, but i feel like I'm not familiar enough with how to play the character to the point of where I either end up asking the DM way more than i think I should, or I just end up taking the easy route (It works but it's clear idk what I'm doing.) I also am dicking around in the latest chummer nightly but I just need a vague direction on "what's good shit to consider for a technomancer."
>>
>>50674773
Do you mean rules-wise, or roleplaying?
>>
File: 1428479774778.jpg (19KB, 280x400px) Image search: [Google]
1428479774778.jpg
19KB, 280x400px
>>50674683
RFID tags have nothing to do with device ownership, a device's ownership information is registered with the Matrix itself. You want a tag eraser to destroy RFID tags or other small electronics because they can be used by whoever planted them on you (or the equipment you've stolen) to track you with very little effort. The tag eraser is very cheap and takes no skill or check whatsoever to use.

It is absolutely the best idea to destroy potentially hostile RFID tags immediately upon discovery, they offer no potential benefits and can very easily get you and your team killed.
>>
>>50674645
Remember; tag erasers do 10 matrix damage, resisted as usual. Unless you do enough to brick the tag, it's still working perfectly, and your tag eraser with one charge is done until you recharge.
>>
>>50674805
So what's the solution? EMP scrubdown after the run?
>>
>>50674805
It takes 10 seconds to recharge a tag eraser anywhere you can connect it to a working outlet, and 10 matrix damage vs a low DR surveillance device isn't going to take more than two passes on average to brick the shit out of it.
>>
>>50674827
Faraday cage / pocket until you have the proper blueprints (so you know for sure which parts to snip / fry), then sit in the back of a moving van with wireless access long enough to switch ownership.
>>
>>50674671
Thanks for the help, the mooks I had been using were rolling around 8 or so dice, and the main sam's rolling around 10 to dodge right now, so your math was spot on. Now the problem is getting my players to accept the stun damage after resist, since we're about 4 sessions in and I completely forgot it.
>>
>>50674850
that doesn't work when many RFID tags are the size of dust mites. you aren't going to know they're on you, you gotta brick a bunch of them at once.
>>
>>50674876
Are they waterproof?
>>
Question?

How did Native Americans with actual tribal affiliations and what? 1/4th+ Blood get a large enough population to fill up all the space they claimed following the great ghost dance?

Like I get why they won. Calling on spirits and exploding volcanoes to utterly fuck your enemies when they have no ability to counter your magic bullshit will do that, but still curious how they actually UTILIZED all that area!

Unless most of those places are being allowed to be reclaimed by nature?

>>50674904
considering they apparently survive in your stomach after eating them in food I have to assume so.
>>
>>50674915
Probably allowing citizenship to the people that already lived in those places. I think doing a reverse Trail of Tears to the white Americans would be too on-the-nose even for Shadowrun.
>>
>>50674936
that's sorta what happened though after the treaty. Everybody who wasn't Native American or in one of the reservations had to leave.

I mean I know that the world population in shadowrun dropped from what? 6-8 billion to just under 5 billion due to that plague that happened (and the native american containment camps kept them isolated from the spread of the plague) but still?
>>
>>50674915
>>50674962
Robotics means that a very low population can farm a very large area even today, so I suppose in Shadowrun they could still be farming all that land even if they don't have the population to fill it.

Also IIRC the limit was 1/64th Native American, which would allow for a shitload of people. Also some of them allowed any metahumans to immigrate regardless of ancestry.
>>
>>50674915
Because in the universe of shadowrun, only two things are constant: clockwork is a cock and the important, setting-defining writing is terrible.

For a more serious answer, maybe after shadowrun's timeline diverged from ours the native americans became a lot more open about breeding with other ethnic groups and had a population spike. Then maybe when the shit hit the fan the tribes just gave citizenship to literally anyone with some sort of tribal lineage claim.

Maybe chief many kids cast a huge spell to impregnate everyone in the tribe at once. Who knows.
>>
>>50674996
Also Mormons got free Ute citizenship because they helped out the NAN during the war.
>>
>>50674876
Depends whether the question is, "How do I ever trust this stolen item again?" or "What do I do if the corporate AC is blowing tags?"

I'm not talking about the 2nd question.
>>
>>50674996
>>50675012
ah, okay, that does change it significantly.
>>
>>50674326
CharGen only
>>
>>50674723
Mmm, the current mechanics don't really differentiate between drones and vehicles aside from shenanigans with the categories. Not impossible to work with, just messy. Custom generation of {Thing} without manually editing the XML files is on the cards, but is unlikely to happen any time soon.
>>
Any news on cutting aces pdf? The free one
>>
>>50670786
If its old enough to bleed, its old enough to breed
>>
>>50674915
Also what happened to the millions of people inside that territory? They couldn't have kicked them all out. And dont the tell me they replaced them all with native Americans.

In 2010 they were only .9% of the us population. Even if they got their fuck on for YEARS they could only fully operate a couple of cities.
>>
>>50672093
Small correction - basic AR info about a gun, like ammo remaining, is available without a smartgun system or smartlink as a normal feature, according to 5e. The smartlink is just where you start getting things like a real-time AR reticle taking wind conditions and ballistic arcs and shit into account.
>>
>>50672272
If you want to be a supermodel troll, I'd encourage you to get at least the basic level of the Troll Reduction cosmetic bioware (+1 maximum charisma per level, but going past +1 just makes you look like a giant human instead of a sexy troll) and Tailored Pheromones. The Metatype Reduction cyberware (again, +1 maximum charisma for trolls) also wouldn't be amiss).

Serious models without cosmetic surgery - troll or no - likely don't exist in the Sixth World.
>>
>>50676801
That's still damn near 3 million people in 2010.

>>50676834
Also makes reloads a free action IIRC. I know it lets you do cool shit like fire around cover due to the built in camera (which you can upgrade) and you can fire it with the power of your mind. Plus a ton of other really awesome shit that you need a smartlink to take advantage of.

>>50676870
>no models without cosmetic surgery
He's right. You could do your troll as a bio based sammy or face. I think a face would fit better with your characters modeling career. That said, a few discreet mods to help you in a fight wouldn't be a bad idea either.
>>
>>50676801
Not all people without a drop of Indian blood got booted. IIRC some live as second class citizens and others formed Anglo Tribes and became recognized.
>>
>>50676953
>That's still damn near 3 million people in 2010.
3 million people is fucking nothing omae, a large city fits 3 million people, the NAN make up almost half of north america (adding the Canadian natives, it's 4.5 million) so you've got 4.5 million people with half of a continent to fill.
>>
>>50676953
>That's still damn near 3 million people in 2010.
Wow. That's less than the population of the greater boston area.
>>
>>50676969
>Anglo Tribes
I'm terribly curious to know exactly what that constitutes. A throwback to medieval clannishness, or something else?
>>
>>50676801
A metric shit-tone of them were fukk'n dead from VITAS 1 and 2.
>>
>>50677183
>>50676969
My guess at what would make sense
>ibn4 Shadowrun history making sense
Is that 90% of people stayed and those who resisted their new overlords were booted.
>>
>>50675930

Hasn't made its way to us yet, as far as I'm aware.
>>
Is there any suit with a better bang for your buck than Executive Suite? Sure, it's a bit short on Capacity, but it's just 2,000 nuyen for a whopping 12 armor rating. That's nearly as good as a Sleeping Tiger for over 6 times less, and it's only a quarter a price of a Heritage that provides the same armor. And while you can get that armor rating or exceed it with a suit and coat combo from Mortimer of London or Vashon Island, that costs more AND you lose some of your armor when social protocol dictates that you leave your coat in the coat room.
>>
>>50677382
Even if we assume death tolls comparable to the Plague of Justinian among non-natives while the native population grows, the numbers still don't add up.
>>
>>50678159
We actually have numbers on the death tolls. Vitas 1 killed off 1/4th of the world, flat out. Out of every 4 people, 1 died.

>The Native American internment centers would be spared from the VITAS outbreak, ironically, since their populations were isolated.

And then VITAS 2 managed another 10% of the whole world, and the natives were protected by magic.
>>
>>50678302
>We actually have numbers on the death tolls. Vitas 1 killed off 1/4th of the world, flat out. Out of every 4 people, 1 died.
Oh. So I was right, they were comparable to the Plague of Justinian.
You know how I said the greater boston area had a larger population than the NANs? If you kill one in four bostonians, the population will still be larger.
>>
>>50678349
Comparable? Nah, not really. 25 million doesn't compare to 2 billion of VITAS 1 at all. 13% of the world =/= 25%.
>>
>>50678159
>>50676801
>>50678349
Simple fact is that Shadowrun doesn't use modern statistics. Native Americans needed to have a larger population for reasons, so they did.
>>
>>50678532
Also this. That's important too. They had the common sense to use their own weird system for memory ages ago, so they realized some numbers just wouldn't pair up, and took steps.
>>
>>50678493
I meant in terms of percentages. IIRC, the death toll in the roman empire was 1 in 4.
>>50678532
The old statistics were available too. I assume you might have to like, go to a library and check through a card catalogue to find them back in the day, but still.
>>
>>50678682
I looked up the percentages.

PoJ got 13% of the whole world.

VITAS 1 got 25% of the whole world.
>>
>>50678702
Still killed 1 in 4 in the part of the world that mattered tho. *waves tetragrammic cross*
>>
>>50678757
Oh, you.
>>
Does a mage with the Invocation geas need to chant while sustaining a spell or just while casting?
>>
>>50678682
>The old statistics were available too
The point remains that the numbers are alt Earth numbers, not real numbers.
>>
>>50677092
That's almost the same as the population of the state of Iowa.

>>50677183
>muh big shit hole city and suburbs
Reminder that over half the US population (over 300 million) is contained in less than 10 cities and their suburbs.

>>50677941
I'd throw out the possibility that a suit from Mortimer would be of higher quality and would help you make a better impression at the higher levels of society. Basically if you want to look like you're rich, get Mortimer. Not something off the rack. When I was DM'ing I'd give bonuses or negatives based on clothing worn in social situations. Just made sense to me.
>>
I think that also you have to take into account that something like 1/10th (conservative estimate) to 1/3rd (optimistic estimate) of native american tribes are still unregistered in the USA and refuse to get registered. My Ex's tribe is like that, obviously native american not latino or anything, but they were cousins of a few of the tribes that got eugenic's and forcibly sterilized so they are pretty much 'yeah, fuck going into ANY system.'

And the NAN probably allowed anybody with marketable or essential skills to stay, plus you got the megas in their enclaves allowed to stay, and then you have the fact anybody with as much as 1/64th blood allowed to stay, and anybody who sided with the NAN probably got a pass, like the Mormons.

Taken together, the actual 'pureblood' Native Americans probably make up a tiny portion of the actual NAN population, with the majority of folks being anybody in the other categories (as low as 1/64th blood, or allies, or metahumans).

Orcs apparently immigrated in large numbers to the NAN as well as I recall.

OH! And don't forget that the cities that had the most remaining USA population at the time (California's Freezone, and Seattle) in the areas the NAN claimed were specially protected for the UCAS.

I think the Souix territories also cut off at Chicago which would be the last major city.

All taken together, that means the NAN basically got the most depopulated portions of the entire United states.
>>
File: shadowrun history.gif (409KB, 1000x632px) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun history.gif
409KB, 1000x632px
>>50679514
Here's a gif of the America's development overtime.

Also would expect that the NAN probably -did- allow most of the towns and cities in their territory to go to shit and be reclaimed by nature given their outlook on natural conservation.
>>
>>50679467
>that's the same population as Iowa
Which is weird, cuz they got way more land than Iowa.
>Reminder that over half the US population (over 300 million) is contained in less than 10 cities and their suburbs.
Well yeah, that's cities for you. You got a large concentration of folks who already live there and have a fairly steady birthrate, combined with people who left for the city after realizing the country is terrible.
>>
>>50679577
yeah, any canadians here able to tell us how much population is living in the regions of Canada that are claimed? Because to my knowledge the vast majority of the territory these guys have grabbed are almost entirely empty. Those are some of the lowest population areas in the entire continent.

For some reason I was imagining them grabbing the whole interior of the country,
>>
>>50677092
>>50679467
>>50679649
as established earlier, they must have more than 3 million people because that 3 million only covers the folks officially reckognized as native americans.

And in the USA that only goes to like, 1/4th blood as I recall that you get to put it in your census data, and it has to be an officially recognized tribe.

And then you got all the extra folks they allowed to remain. Mormons, megacorps, allies, fucktons of elves in at least 3 of their tribal locations, and a good chunk of orcs as I recall. Fucktons of NAN art involves orcs.
>>
>>50679675
>elves, orcs, etc
They still couldn't make up a large portion of the population, simply because they had only started to appear recently. Like, based on the official timeline, all non-immortal elves involved with the founding of the tirs must have been kids.
>>
>>50679649
>country
>terrible
Sure thing mate. Keep paying those taxes and having no freedom or privacy.

>>50679675
IIRC tons of trogs and elves moved to Tsimshian and Salish-Sidhea areas before Tir split off.

As for what constitutes a native? I believe the US leaves it up to the tribes to decide. My friends father is 1/4 Mohican but they refused him membership.
>>
>>50679651
Next to no one lives that far north. Most of Canada is still wilderness, with the majority of the population living within 50 miles of the US border. They essentially claimed a ton of empty land no one else cared about.
>>
>>50679708
true but orcs were a significant portion of the population who probably mostly moved to the NAN because of persecution and the fact the NAN accepted magical races more easily. Hell, wouldn't be surprised if trolls did too.

Even a lot of elves probably ended up moving to various elven tribes that started forming later on.

>>50679820
then yeah, that probably explains it really nicely. There's probably less than 10 million or so people in most of the areas they claimed, and with the plague knocking out significant portions of the population in Canada and the USA...

Also I'd not be surprised if VITAS killed off fucktons of folks through secondary means, rather than the numbers reported by direct infection. 1/4th+10% of the population is an irrecoverable loss in terms of infrastructure maintenance, especially when the majority of those deaths would have been in high population areas through which the majority of our trade and industry pass. There'd have been significantly more deaths than that.

All taken, it'd be unsurprising if VITAS wiped out something closer to 40-50% of human life through the combination of societal collapse and infection.

3 million+ folks? Without holes in their societal safety net and in self sustained camps disconnected from everyone else? Probably including their sympathizers? That's not a lot of people, but given the area they wanted to claim, the magic they had, and the fact they didn't have holes in their overall society due to plague and the fallout of plague, that would give them a lot more stable society to gear up around.
>>
>>50679467
>I'd throw out the possibility that a suit from Mortimer would be of higher quality and would help you make a better impression at the higher levels of society. Basically if you want to look like you're rich, get Mortimer. Not something off the rack. When I was DM'ing I'd give bonuses or negatives based on clothing worn in social situations. Just made sense to me.
Well, Executive Suite is just as custom-fit it seems the stats kind of back you up there. Mortimer suits provide extra social dice and a higher social limit while Executive Suite only provides a higher social limit. But that's looking at it from a face's point of view. When you look at it from a streetsam's point of view, your reasons for buying a suit ultimately break down to one or more of
>meet a dress code to get into a place
>blend into a high-class crowd
>look less suspicious than you actually are
>look very professional for Mr. Johnson
And from that point of view, the Executive Suite is great because it does all that while costing only 2,000 nuyen and providing the same protection as your armored jacket, modifications not withstanding.
>>
>>50679946
Ah, shit, forgot to finish my initial line of thought. I was saying that Executive Suite is just as custom-fit as Mortimer is, and in fact has the Newest Model property that Mortimer lacks. That kind of gives the Executive Suite an edge, though obviously the dice favor the Mortimer.
>>
>>50679793
Have you ever lived in the country? It's fucking awful. You need to drive for hours to get to anything remotely interesting, and that's only if you set your bar for remotely interesting so low it's practically subterranean.
>>
>>50679793
>>50679923
As I said before, the elves and trolls wouldn't be old enough to make a significant portion of the population. We're not even talking about migration of people at this point, we're talking about runaway children who happen to flee across a border line.
>>
>>50679983
As somebody who lives in the country, this is very true. Though we're lucky in that Louisiana is a bit more stratified. We space our cities out a lot farther and have smaller cities than the rest of the country (what with being unable to build towns in swamps), so it's not as bad. But it's still a good hour to hour and a half to drive any where interesting.

>>50680008
Elves yes, but they come in later.

Orcs and Trolls weren't born. Goblinization happened and huge chunks of the population just randomly mutated into them, unlike Dwarves and Elves.
>>
>>50680034
>Orcs and Trolls weren't born. Goblinization happened and huge chunks of the population just randomly mutated into them, unlike Dwarves and Elves.
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Guess that makes sense.
>>
>>50679946
>>50679978
I take it that's from a 5e book. I haven't gotten any supplements for 5e yet because I haven't been able to get a group going since the damn thing released.

>>50679983
Yes. It was pretty damn nice. Only twenty minutes outside of town, no neighbors for miles, plenty of land to hunt or shoot on, and just plain better than living in some city.

>>50680008
Which year are you talking about then? The same year the NAN was established? I was talking about 2070's.
>>
>>50680112
>I take it that's from a 5e book. I haven't gotten any supplements for 5e
It's all in the OP if you care to download it, and if you're on your phone or something you can't download shit to I've found a copy of the splatbook in question that's readable online:
https://www.scribd.com/doc/219097683/E-cat27003-Run-Gun-Combat-Corebook
>>
>>50680140
Thanks for the link.

I'm not worried about getting my hands on the new supplements, I just haven't bothered because I haven't found anyone interested in playing. So I didn't know they'd bothered to stat out Mortimer of London outside of the price-tag it was given in 4e. Which was about double what they give in 5e. I guess quality just isn't what it used to be.
>>
>>50680250
>So I didn't know they'd bothered to stat out Mortimer of London outside of the price-tag it was given in 4e. Which was about double what they give in 5e.
Was the price tag for a suit and coat, or did they price the suits and coats separately back in 4e?
>>
>>50674915
The one and only important thing to know is that FASA in general had a really bad case of Magical Native American-ism. Friggin' Battletech has it.
>>
>>50679577
>letting kansas get away
That makes no sense whatsoever. Might as well just detonate the nukes. Let's see ''mother gaia'' stop all of those at the same time.
>>
>>50680448
>Detonating the nukes

Doesn't work that way anymore, kiddo.
>>
>>50680569
Did I stutter?
Detonate the nukes.
Detonate them right where they sit.
Again, let's see 'Mother Gaia' handle all of that glorious nuclear purification at once.
>>
>>50680379

The late 80s and early 90s are pretty bad for the trope in general, FASA was no exception
>>
>>50680589
But why? What caused the surge in interest?
>>
>>50680588
They just don't go off.

What now, faggot?
>>
>>50680623
>he thinks 'Mother Gaia' can handle it all once
Guess again, loser. Some nukes fail, but most still work fine. Even if one nuke fails, the one detonating right next to it will set it off anyhoo.
>>
How do I build the best operator operating operationally?
What qualities? How much 'ware/magic should I be looking at?
>>
>>50680640
Nope, they all just flat out don't go off.

What.

Fucking.

Now.
>>
>>50680753
That's not even supported by the setting itself though.
>>
>>50680640
You're making an assload of assumptions, and coming across like someone who can't see past their own head canon.

Even if you do nuke the planet, what then, hot shot?
>>
>>50680771
>he doesn't even understand the original context of the argument and leaps in as if he has a clue about what's being discussed
Typical moron.
>>
>>50680112
On one hand, your opinions are incorrect, but on the other hand, because of your incorrect opinions I will never actually encounter you, so that's nice
>>50680623
God this was fucking stupid. Shadowrun decides nukes don't work because Reasons, but then they bring back Von Brawn's stupid tungsten rod idea which functions exactly like a nuke for all intents and purposes.
>>
>>50680795
Thor Shots are cooler then nukes, by a massive degree.
>>
The "dug a hole" quality in hard targets 141 isn't available in Chummer.
>>
Are there any widely accepted house rules for 5th edition?
>>
>>50680753
The Cermak crater was created by a nuke.
>>
>>50680793
>he can't give a straight answer, so he goes directly to insults
>mfw
>>
>>50680947
I've heard of a couple GMs that have thrown out the rules on Limits, but I'm not sure how it turned out. I can only imagine that the game is very high level (and possibly extremely deadly) when runners are allowed to benefit from all of their successes in their dice pool.
>>
>>50680867
It's only for Bolt Holes.
>>
>>50681377
Whatever happened to that drug module for Chummer? Did I miss it or did it not get put in?
>>
>>50681423
One of the minions said he was handling it, but it hasn't been updated since July. From memory it just needs to be integrated into career mode and have some extra stuff for storage done. I'll look into it.
>>
On the issue of nukes.

Wouldn't most of the nuclear stockpile be degrading to the point of uselessness by that time?

Like our nukes are already aging past their weaponization point -today-, by the 2030's there'd be even fewer.
>>
>>50680313
Suit and coat. It was a "ballpark", they mentioned all sorts of goodies you could add on that would change the "recommended" price. 5k. Only a few were more expensive at 7k.

>>50681603
I don't believe so. Plus some keep them handy in case they do work. Such as when they nuked Chicago. That was one of the few times nukes were used after 2012 that they actually worked. I bet it was simply allowed to help stop the bugs.
>>
>>50681756
Nukes working super uncommon though, they generally do explode, just at random times (IE when Pakistan tried to nuke India) and if it has a big payload the chances of it failing are larger.
>>
>>50681908
working isn't super uncommon*
>>
>>50681908
The blast zone from any given amount of nuclear payload is also unreliable in the sixth world.
>>
>>50681756
I never really subscribed to the mother gaia theory honestly. I think it more has to do with the fact that the public conciousness of nuclear power is that it's a form of pollution even if in terms of scale, nuclear waste is the easiest thing to store and keep out of the water table provided you actually do it properly (by dropping it well WELL below the bottom of the water table in deep bore mine shafts in massive mountain ranges like the rockies). I don't think any grand spirit like Mother Gaia or it's equivalent is doing shit.

I think it's just a case of people associate nuclear energy with pollution, even before the awakening, and so it will always produce toxic spirits now. And those guys are just entropy incarnate, insuring things go wrong.

Wouldn't surprise me if the NAN just get rid of their entire nuclear stockpile.
>>
>>50681908
Hm...I need to re-read some material then. I could have sworn that at least with 4e, every time they mentioned nukes it was "yeah, they don't work for shit except for that one or two times they were used on bugs".

>>50682043
Well I don't think there is some spirit doing it, purposefully at least. Personally I'd bet it's a side effect of magic in general, such as goblinization is.
>>
>>50681756
>Suit and coat. It was a "ballpark", they mentioned all sorts of goodies you could add on that would change the "recommended" price. 5k. Only a few were more expensive at 7k.
Well if a suit and a coat in 5e each cost about half of what a suit and coat combo costed in 4e, then the prices really haven't changed, no? Though I'm kind of surprised they haven't become comparatively cheaper, what with them not having changed their lines any recently and with the jackpoint commentary suggesting that, contrary to your line of thinking, they've become associated with Shadowrunners trying to infiltrate high society places. I think there's probably a word or term for that last one; you know, when something is associated with a 'true' member of a group, but then so many people trying to pose as or infiltrate that group use that thing that it becomes a mark of posers and infiltrators?
>>
>>50672744
Remove keeb, Ireland strong, Catholic church the one true faith, kill the fae to free the people, accept only humans
>>
>>50672744
>you will never turn every last elf in Ireland into a keeb-on-a-cob
>>
>>50682379
>not keeb-ab
You had one job.
>>
Still nothing on the PDF front?
I am disappointed sons, that usually happened a lot faster.
>>
>>50682274
>suit & coat
I was stupid and thought you meant the suit jacket as a separate item. Though I believe the same 4e book brings up coats later. Or it might be another book. I do recognize the gear though.

>clothing associated with posers who want to fit in
Hipster clothing. Which is a thing.
>>
>>50682043
I need to play some kind of sterilizer mage one day.
If only that shit wasn't toxic.
>>
>>50682243
From what I've read, each time nuclear weapons were "tried" they worked but in wonky ways.
Like Pakistan had nukes explode in the launch silo and the yield was way off.
They're unpredictable enough that conventional war is viable but still usable if the plot demands it basically
>>
I'm bothered by the Rapid Healing adept power still taking a whole day to activate. Looking at the Heal spell and Regeneration power makes me think "Rapid Healing" should really be called "Better Healing"

What do you guys think will happen to the game if the following was added to the Rapid Healing adept power:

As an extended test with an interval of each hour, you roll Magic + rating of the power and heal that much physical damage. Can't be done if in damage overflow, can't heal damage from drain.

I'm also thinking of making a bioware equivalent, though that would involve figuring out the price, availability, and essence cost.
>>
>>50682955
>2009: Lone Eagle incident

>The resource rush.
>May 5: United Oil receives rights to 25% of national parklands and 10% of Indian lands.

>Sovereign American Indian Movement (SAIM) seizes the Shiloh launch facility in Montana. Delta Team retakes the site, but not before the terrorists launch a Lone Eagle ICBM at Russia. The missile never hits. No one knows why.

>Re-Education and Relocation Act (Nepean Act in Canada) round up Native Americans into "reeducation centers". Native Americans are spared, ironically, the worst of VITAS because of this internment.
>>
>>50682980
Maybe look at the Nanoware Systems that repair implants and adapt the rules?
Should work out.

Easiest RAW hack would be getting a biosheath where you put a savior Nanomedkit in, that you combine with a Biomonitor for automatic activation.
Would actually be pretty Cheap on essence and Nuyen.
>>
>>50682727
Yeah, but hipsterization only covers the poser side of it. I feel like there just has to be a word or term used to describe an indicator of being one thing turning into an indicator of not being that one thing because it's been faked/used too well and too many times by deceivers.
>>
>>50682593
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm super paranoid about there not being visible watermarks on the book's pages.
>>
>move by wire 3
>antipathy
>uncouth
>superhuman psychosis
Is this a good setup for a Face or what?
Also, I don't think Chummer's reporting the Social Limit properly.
>>
>>50683910
According to LittleMac, the books come without this shit.

>>50684028
Chummer doesn't dedact the the addiional negative mod from MBW, yes.
Which is okay, since its only an active mod when you have turned it on.
>>
So who is the "leader" in you crew chummers? Or you a ragtag crew that follows only themselfs? Democracy maybe?
>>
>>50684127
previously was the secondary sammy/face
after retiring it seems they don't have a leader currently, with the closest to a leader being the face/social infiltrator
>>
>>50684127
I'm not in a game, but my players are very tight-knit.

It's an unquestioning group democracy. Everyone places their arguments down on the table, then the group votes. No matter what happens, the crew stays together, even if they don't agree with what's going on.

There's a large amount of group loyalty in my player's party. They'll ride and die with each other. I've straight up offered one of the players 10 million nuyen to sell out his fellow runners and he turned it down. When they get arrested, the only way to get them to fess up to anything is to have a mage dig through their head.

If one of the party members have a bad feeling about something or wants to end somebody, the group shoots first and argues later. They've been through alot with each other, so turning their back on one another is nearly impossible for them at this point and even if they did, it'd reflect negatively on their reputation.

It's them against the world and I love it.
>>
File: 1481227542351.jpg (155KB, 900x770px) Image search: [Google]
1481227542351.jpg
155KB, 900x770px
>>50684107
Hrm. The rest of the books I own on drivethru still have watermarks. Watermark injection is done by drivethru at the time of download, and the book is listed as being watermarked... I dunno, it's weird. I'd sort of expect that they've done some steganographic shit and embedded the text somewhere, but I couldn't see it after a cursory look. You could get around any potential watermarks by screencapping everything and OCRing it, I guess.
>MBW
Admittedly by that logic it shouldn't be increasing the reaction and such either as long as it's not turned on...

I really need to get around to implementing something for toggling cyberware bonuses and such.
>>
>>50684294
Anon you....you keep this glorious bastards safe ok?
>>
>>50684308
>Admittedly by that logic it shouldn't be increasing the reaction and such either as long as it's not turned on...

Absolutely, same goes for Wired Reflexes.
>>
File: 1481520945656.jpg (325KB, 680x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481520945656.jpg
325KB, 680x480px
>>50674781
Rules-wise I just get super lost in the sauce. I also have issues building a sheet but I don't know what "good" or "min-max" looks like so i don't know what to deviate from.

I rather [spoilter]enjoy[/spoiler] RP, played a lot of other tabletops and I don't *think* I have an issue with it.
>>
File: 1423527659446.gif (931KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
1423527659446.gif
931KB, 264x320px
>>50684501
>Die Hard
>Shit GM tpks an entire group of runners for the glory of his GMPC
>>
>>50683692
that's just low quality clothing isn't it?
>>
>>50684413
>asking the DM to keep the party safe
>>
>>50684501
Yeah? I rather enjoy control+s, buddy.
>>
>>50684537
actually in that case the shadowrunners really did deserve it because they fucked up in killing him every goddamn time. Like, they make some serious rookie mistakes no dedicated shadowrunner would make.
>>
How many countries do you need to operate in to get AA status? Like, Laos is a Vietnamese puppet but the corp Vietnam created so they could take advantage of all the megacorp friendly laws other countries have is just A rated.
>>
>>50684589
This desu. Die Hard from Hans Gruber's point of view isn't a GMPC TPK horror story, it's a C.A.S.E. files entry wherein a single prime runner TPKs the party because they couldn't be bothered to confirm their kills.
>>
>>50674915

I use a two-part retcon:

>Native Americans had a natural resistance to VITAS and only lost about 2% of their population
>people in the US with mixed heritage started to transform into full-blood Native Americans as a minor Surge brought on by the Ghost Dance.
>>
>>50684823
wait wait wait

That is literally the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Literally.

I'd have an easier time believing that the ghost dance surge just brought native american traits to the fore of anybody who was born during or after it if they had enough blood.

Why are some of the stupidest writing decisions put into 5e? The whole isolation thing was more than enough of a reason.
>>
>>50684687
Not to mention had an extraction plan based upon the corps/government -not- dicking over civilian casualties just to make a statement that this shit doesn't pay off.

Seriously, Hans Grueber went into that entire thing assuming that the Feds weren't going to see them dead and make it clear that they don't negotiate with terrorists.
>>
>>50684641

I think it's less about the number of countries than it is about the wealth, breadth and reach of the corporation. If you wanted a rough number of countries an AA corp might be spread across though, then I'd say 3-5 major countries plus 5-10 smaller countries sounds about right.

Self-sufficiency is a major part. The more self-sufficient your big vertically-integrated megacorp is, the more likely it can claim AA status (and extra-territoriality) on the grounds that it's able to maintain itself independently.
>>
>>50684856
>I'd have an easier time believing that the ghost dance surge just brought native american traits to the fore of anybody who was born during or after it if they had enough blood.

Yeah, that totally makes all the difference in this world where magic shit randomly happens for reasons no one understands. I mean, sudden onset Goblinization is totally believeable, but mixed heritage Native Americans changing? IMPOSSIBRU!!! But if it happened AFTER the fact, then it suddenly makes sense.

Good going champ, u shore showed me. :)

In case you didn't notice, I was being sarcastic. It's gauche to point that out, but then you're autistic so you probably need the help.
>>
>>50684878
Not an entirely unreasonable assumption to make, though. If you go on an extraction run and it's not one of those "target knows some critical information that means the corp would rather see him dead than in the hands of a rival corp" deals, you expect the security not to fire lethal ordnance at you.
>>
>>50685146
yeah but he didn't do that with anybody the feds NEEDED to survive. There wasn't a visiting politician or anybody alive who was related to or connected with a politician.
>>
>>50685052
Ehn, I just feel like it's stupid because where as the rest is 'magic native americans' it's not to that degree. Why didn't the same thing happen with other cultures and peoples with mixed races?
>>
>>50685229
Hm, true. I think the shadowrun corps are still better than the feds in Die Hard. I imagine that if you had to extract a fairly unimportant wageslave (shut up, it could happen as a distraction run or if some rich bitch became infatuated with a wageslave and decided that having him kidnapped would be romantic or some shit like that) they'd still try not to get him killed.
>>
>>50685410
No shoot. Why burn through money trying to stop them and possibly increasing collateral when you can just obfuscate it and move on with your day?
>>
>>50685494
To keep up appearances, to maintain the illusion that the big suits at the top actually care about the little wageslaves at the bot-
>just obfuscate it
Ah, I see now that it's of no concern.
>>
>>50685410
Only Aztechnology or Renraku would probably go all out to kill the runners despite the losses.

But keep in mind, this wasn't to kidnap folks, this was using them as hostages and shields until they got a helicopter to escape in. They were making off with tons of cash too.

If the corp thought it would save more money to kill everyone involved, they would. Blame the deaths via information control on the shadowrunners 'despite the corp's best efforts'.
>>
>>50685604
So in Shadowrun, Gruber's mistake was to kill the executive?
>>
>>50685799
Absolutely. The moment they killed the Exec they made it an absolute priority that they -had- to die as far as the corporation was concerned. You do not kill an executive of any corporation and get away with it. Full stop. Any deaths can be fully blamed on you after that point because you dared to harm one of the corporate aristocracy.

Take hostage? That's part of the game. That might have been allowed to slide by almost any megacorp. But kill one of them? They let that shit slide and other SINless scum might get big ideas!
>>
Arlight, question for fourth edition afficionados.

What would be the minimum bar for a rigger to do their job on a team?

what about a hacker?
>>
>>50686128
you mean dicepool wise or action/capability wise?
>>
>>50686294
Uh. hmn.

Assets, actually. Things they can do. thats on teh capability side of things. (succeeding is a function of how many dice)
>>
File: 14583185071421.jpg (4KB, 213x250px) Image search: [Google]
14583185071421.jpg
4KB, 213x250px
>>50685410
>YFW Ms. Johnson hires you to extract her senpai
>YFW you think this is a waste of both your talent and her parent's money, and in fact you're kind of insulted that she's asking you to do something this stupid, but you're also not one to turn down a milk run that pays well
>YFW the run turns extremely dangerous when it turns out 2 other shadowrunner teams have been hired by different Ms. Johnsons to extract the same senpai
>>
>>50686330
Mainly support with drones, whether this means suppressive fire, stealth attacks, surveillance or something else depends on the rigger, though multiple can be supported with different drones (See 2D with his 2 attack drones (Dobermans) and 2 surveillance/stealth drones ("Manhacks"))
A good vehicle is nice, but isn't a necessity.
At least in my opinion everyone can drive and you only need to be able to drive fast if you want to escape anyway
>>
File: 1370494412316.jpg (92KB, 390x479px) Image search: [Google]
1370494412316.jpg
92KB, 390x479px
>>50686358
Stealing this, omae. Sorry, not sorry.
>>
>>50686426
HmN! okay. there's a thought. I hadn't thought about just getting drones and no van for them.

how big do you like your drones and what would you say are the most useful or critical roles they need to fill?

I'm seeing like.... you want one to take a bulet for a living comrade if shooting starts, or to either do or carry shit the other people can't.

finally: automation. Autosofts worth it or nah?
>>
>>50686358
Stolen. Mine now.
>>
>>50686625
Drone size depends if you want one big fighty drone or a bunch of small ones. You want one big drone, grab one with 9-12ish armor, then customize the armor up as high as it can go. Only once your drone is immune to anything sort of an anti-tank rocket do you think about letting it serve as a backup sammy.
If you want an army of drones, then buy a bunch of rotodrones, give them a cheap assault rifle with a smartgun slapped on and have them spray full auto fire everywhere. (Note: drones can use smartguns if you buy them a smartsoft.)
>>
>>50686625
>Autosofts worth it or nah?
Worth it, yes. You can only jump into one drone at a time, so the rest need autosofts if you want them to do anything. Use the RCC to share said autosofts so you only have to buy them once.
>>
>>50686726
>RCC
wrong edition omae, we're talking 4e here
and AFAIR you can just connect them to your comlink
>>
>>50686570
>>50686661
I'm a player, not comfortable enough wit the rules to be GMing any time soon and my long term memory isn't the greatest. Being stolen is the best chance my ideas have of ever actually being made into something.
>>
>>50686783
Oh dear. In that case, ignore my advice.
>>
>>50683363
The auto savior medkit is great, but its too fast for what I'm trying to develop.

The idea is to give players an option where their character can't heal in the heat of battle, but doesn't have to be out of commission the whole day either. That's why it's something that triggers every hour, and why I'm trying to make it so the dice pool isn't so high as to guarantee a full heal after a few hours (I don't want to raise the PP cost).
>>
>>50686968
Maybe have it so that rest or meditation can cut the daily check on RH to an hour.
>>
>>50686783
in 4th ed don't you just take a check to copy them over so you can hand out the program?
>>
>>50686968
couldn't you just shrink the times for the checks from days of rest to hours of rest? And keep it unbroken that way?
>>
>>50687013
>>50687074
Ooh I like that. An hour of uninterrupted meditation allows you to cut the healing test interval down to an hour. Period.

Since you have to be conscious to meditate and everything else involved in the test applies as normal (except healing drain quicker), it saves everyone the trouble of learning yet more rules just for that power.

I'll get to work making a bioware version that doesn't stack and you have to be conscious to activate.

Thanks, chummers.
>>
>>50687122
I'd also have the relevant bonuses for different sorts of medical set ups apply as well provided they don't interfere with your meditation.

IE: you're gonna heal better if they got you hooked up to medicine and an iv and maybe medical nanobots, the meditation is just accelerating your healing metabolism and supply your cells with the juice to not get hungry and start starving as you do so. It doesn't actually 'magically' heal you by undoing the damage or something?
>>
>>50687183
Oh yeah totally. Doctors and equipment would help healing tests as usual, right? So it would work just as normal.
The ONLY thing that the meditation would do is change the interval of time, so yeah you'd still want professional help while healing up.
>>
>>50684571
all these years on this shit image board and didn't know that was a thing
>>
>>50686358
>he bought into the milk run memetic

Point at him and /me laugh, Shadowlanders.
>>
So, if someone had nanomachines or a robotic arm, could a technomancer turn it against the person that has it? IE, make the nanomachines start to damage the person's insides, or have the arm start to choke the host?
>>
>>50680753

So...how did Chicago get nuked then?
>>
>>50680823

But they're even less destructive. They're decent for taking out single hardened targets, but no good for wiping out bunches of infrastructure.
>>
>>50688119
In theory, yes. In practice, implants meant for combat usually have rock-solid security, if they accept outside signals at all, as well as having very low signal values so you'd have to be either touching them or bounce a signal through something on their person.
>>
>>50683060

>Sovereign American Indian Movement (SAIM) seizes the Shiloh launch facility in Montana. Delta Team retakes the site, but not before the terrorists launch a Lone Eagle ICBM at Russia. The missile never hits. No one knows why.

And that's where you have to call the writers on bullshit. Early Warning Radars would track a nuclear launch to the point of detonation or disappearance. They may not know why it disappeared, but they know why it didn't impact.
>>
>>50688119
Generally speaking, no. You can shut it down pretty easily by having it stop for diagnostics or similar.

Though you would need to be connected to the matrix, the device connected to the matrix, or in some way establish a connection to the device directly. Which can be prevented without too much trouble. It's just unlikely non-runners or non-elite troops would do so.
>>
>>50688330
The missile disappeared over the Arctic Circle.
>>
>>50688330
I'm confused with what you're trying to say.

If you don't know why it disappeared, then how do you know why it didn't impact?

For example, I know why a tennis ball didn't impact my wall. The dog caught it in mid-air. So I know both why it "disappeared" and didn't "impact".

>inb4 it didn't impact because it disappeared
Don't be a fag.
>>
So runners are supposed to be fairly colorful people right? They're not all black trench coat enthusiasts doing only work related activities every waking hour.

So what are some of your go to non-work related vices for your runners?
Like shooting up in drug dens, gambling on cyber-para-horse-dogs, Arguing on anonymous matrix trideo boards, or doing that weird sex thing.
>>
Oh right I forgot to ask. So I figure you guys have played 5th edition long enough to have a good idea how it would affect game balance.

Imagine that the Rapid Healing adept power:
Also let you reduce the interval for natural healing from 1 day to 1 hour if meditating uninterrupted that whole time, and cannot be used this way to speed up damage from drain. Everything else involving natural healing is the same, this function ONLY affects the time between rolls.

How would you feel about it? Is it innocuous enough where you'd be cool with it?
>>
>>50688442
Fuck even after I checked for errors I missed typing up the part about drain wrong. I meant to say you can't heal damage from drain any faster.
>>
>>50688421
Usually something related to positive or negative qualities. That's assuming I'm not working on skills or getting gear. Depends on the character in question. My favorite was probably fighting a moderate nitro addiction while working on his super awesome mystic adept powers.

Honestly we don't focus on stuff unrelated to the job at hand. Mostly because it's boring to hear someone go on about what they did for three months straight while they were unemployed and/or in hiding.
>>
>>50688421
>Troll people on the matrix
>bullshit and brag to other runners
>decorate your hideout with as much cool stuff you can lift, salvage or barter for.
>get nagged at by your dottering old grandmother that you need to settle down, get a real job, and find a spouse
>>
>>50684438
>>50684308
When did MBW become optionally active?
>>
>>50688745
I'll check my 4e book but I believe it has been in both 4e and 5e.
>>
>>50688745
>>50688821
So from what I'm reading, if you mean no shit Move-by-Wire System as seen on pg 40 of Augmentation (4e), you can control it but it's never "off". However if you simply mean Skillwires (pg 342 for 4e, pg 455 for 5e), then you can turn it "off".

By off I mean it no longer affects your body. MBW will always affect you where as you can turn "off" the skillwires. At least that's my interpretation of RAW.
>>
>>50686705
>(Note: drones can use smartguns if you buy them a smartsoft.)
Huh, didn't know this. Source/price/page/how does this work and where can I read about this?
>>
>>50689090
Page 270 of 5e.

Says that you need an autosoft for a specific smartgun weapon in order to use it. Might be more in supplements.
>>
>>50684107
PERMANENT seizure. MBW is never optional.
>>
>>50688421
Arson.
>>
>>50689090

Rigger 5 p127. It lets drones use the smartlink bonuses
>>
>>50689090
Rigger 5, iirc.
>>
>>50688421
Killing troggers in the Barrens.
>>
>>50675930
>>50682593
As soon as it appears here, I'll stick it in the box. I'd buy, check and clean it myself, but not only am I super shitty at that, I'm flat broke at the moment.
>>
>>50674792
With just a little lipstick and some green in the hair he'd be ready for his joker audition.
>>
>>50689436
Keep an eye on 7chan tg.
>>
So if I wanted to run everything from 4e to current 5e modules/campaigns, what would be the proper chronological order (in game)?

We also need a new thread. If one isn't made by the time I'm done with this match I'll start it up.
>>
>>50689578
https://7chan.org/read.php?b=tg&t=98039&p=p10869-10968

I don't understand what the problem is. All it took was a google search of "7chan shadowrun cutting aces" and bam the first result took me to a thread where I just used my browser's search function to look for "aces" until I found a post with two mega links.

Is there something I'm missing? The pdfs look ok to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 891x575px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 891x575px
How would you stat something like this? I want to make a Nartaki Gun-Adept with the Spider as his mentor spirit who uses four of them.
>>
>>50689436
I should've included you in >>50689825 so you'd see it faster.
>>
>>50689780
Started new bread

>>50689889
>>
>>50688421
>So what are some of your go to non-work related vices for your runners?

Joygirl.
>>
>>50689825
>Is there something I'm missing?
Nope. Just trying to be less glaringly obvious about it, in case its taken down.
>>
>>50689416
Man, and I thought the arson guy was edgy.
>>
>>50688421
given my particular character, he's mostly exploring the world and culture and experiencing it, he's been in a corporate lab since he was born.
>>
anyone have any life module gen advice? Our GM seems to be set on having us do that.
>>
Oï chummers. I'm a bored GM who likes to spend personal time making my beginner players' life easier by making "packs" of goodies that speeds up character creation, and I'd like to make some sample ready-made safehouses (ranging from a literal hole in the wall to an offshore platform with turrets on it). Is the Safehouses supplement from 4th ed' still usable with 5th or is there another up to date supplement I haven't found?
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763KB, 1024x768px
>>50691080
You'll end up with average or below average attributes but possibly VERY high and very many skills.
You'll also be able to get a Skillgroup to 7 (thats not possible in regular Chargen), you might want to take advantage of that if it fits your concept.

Also: Not all modules are generated equal, some simply suck, some are awesome.

Due to the combination of point allocation and karma to raise the Attributes, it would be preferable to pick your Modules in a way that you have as little spread between attributes and instead focus on getting your core attributes as high as possible.
Reaching racial max is usually to costly though.
>>
>>50688421
You know salty bet?
Salty bet got real fucking intense when it started being played for real money over actual enslaved AI fighters.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.