[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 385
Thread images: 80

File: 199.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
199.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
Unconventional (but Solid) Swarm Commanders Edition

Previous thread: >>50570385

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/turn-the-wheels/ i need some gotdam recs and cuts ty
>>
>>50580522
God I really have to just commit and build Slobad, but all them good rocks are expensive ;__; I've been playing with him on xmage for months now
>>
>>50580861
You're fine.
>>
>>50580861

Cut myth realized
>>
>>50580865
Honestly, all I have for rocks are Sol Ring, Darksteel Ingot, Basalt Monolith, Fellwar Stone, and Gilded Lotus. Mine works fine in playtesting so far.

Honestly, the money cards I want are Mycosynth Lattice. Damn thing is over $20 now. Mycosynth Golem is over $11 now, too.

And don't get me started on Arcbound Ravage. I wish they'd ban that in modern already so the price will tank sub $20.
>>
>>50580943
Even if it was banned on Modern there's price memory. I don't think Pod cheapened after the ban, for example.
>>
>>50580964

Birthing pod definitely got cheaper after the ban, not immediately if that's what you mean, but it's very cheap now
>>
>>50580964
A few cards tanked after bans. I remember when Ancestral Visions was originally banned, I think it was like $20. Reopening it pushed that card to $40+.

Personally, I think it would fall. The appeal for affinity I've seen mostly is in modern. I see a little bit of it in legacy, but I don't see how it competes with combo decks that win turn 2-3.
>>
>>50581003
>Vision
God how I wish it would come back, I wanted one for Yidris. Modern sometimes just fucks us up.
>>
>>50581032
If it's wheeldsdris just run Visions of Beyond
>>
How does a monoblack deck actually win? Are you just forced to tutor up various combos? My deck just doesn't have strong enough early game to set up my lategame nonsense that will win for me.
>>
>>50581127
Typically you win with big mana into retarded shit.
>>
>>50581169
Yes, and that's all fine and dandy, but how do you get to that part?
>>
>>50581127
My Liliana deck wins through consistent recursion of Kukusho or Gray Merchant, the Bloodchief/Mindcrank combo, or just swinging big with Korlash/Nightmare with a sword attached.
>>
>>50581127
My old Shirei stax deck had a healthy dose of big lifedrain spells, Hatred, and top-tier equipment for the flying weenies like Needle Specter. And a couple of combos. Keep in mind peoples' HP are naturally dropping in multiplyer, and it's less difficult than it seems to choke the board with stax and swing a few times for the win.
>>
>>50581127
You with with Edrik Sahr stax when you see the life and happiness fully drain out of your opponent's eyes as they realize this is no longer a game but a hell of their own doing.
>>
>>50581183

Big mana?

Mono black has access to the highest number of personal mana doublers

Also you tutor for cabal coffers

It's pretty simple honestly, can't figure out how you were not able to figure it out
>>
What is the chillest commander?
>>
>>50581069
I really wanted a zero mana draw card to cascade from 1 mana cantrips. Also Visions of Beyond is 10 bucks god knows why.
>>
File: 36.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
36.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>50581230
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 223x310px
>>50581230

Snow permanents are pretty chilly
>>
>>50581249
>>50581268
Man fuck you guys.
>>
>>50581196
>>50581197
>>50581205
So my choices are combo or stax? Well, at least I know. I saw an anon post a volrath list a while back, and built something very similar, but with all the big nonsense, the deck seems to have a huge problem actually reanimating anything, particularly if your playing against aggressive decks.

Sure, it has flashy wincons, but I think reanimator would be better suited for something else, and I have no idea what to run instead.

>>50581222
>look at me, I'm on the internet, and I'm talking about magic!
>>
>>50581304
>look at me, I ask questions on the internet and get passive aggressive when somebody responds!
>>
>>50581304

I'm confused, were you not asking about how to get big mana in black?

You don't have to choose combo or stax btw, a lot of people just draw lots of cards and make lots of mana, allowing them to kill all their opponents creatures, attack their hands, and win through some combination of beatdown and life drain stuff like exsanguinate
>>
File: Gruul-Letter.jpg (201KB, 800x608px) Image search: [Google]
Gruul-Letter.jpg
201KB, 800x608px
Reposting my Bobby list so you guys can tell me how shit I am at deckbuilding

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fuck-you-gruul-smash/

If you come up with any ideas for things that need to be in here or things that could go, feel free to share
>>
>>50581331
To be fair, he asked whether he had to tutor up combos to win in monoblack and your response was "generate lots of mana" followed by "well, tutor it, it's not hard".
>>
File: 1467873822785.jpg (17KB, 255x287px) Image search: [Google]
1467873822785.jpg
17KB, 255x287px
>>50581374
>Bobby
Brb kicking my own ass
>>
>>50580943
I have a bunch of fairly expensive shit I bought over the summer, but I bought some new computer parts recently so MTG buying took a back seat. Gonna get more stuff after Christmas though/refine the Slobad list a bit more
>>
>>50581304
Stax is just easily available in black and makes your life easier no matter what archetype you're running. Of course, anything can be run in any color depending on how good your meta is and how janky you're willing to go. If you want to run mono-black voltron fill your boots, just don't expect it to be very good.
>>
>>50581378

You're talking to the wrong guy, but regardless if you just scroll up a bit, what actually happened was a guy said "you win with big mana into retarded shit", and he asked "how do you get to that point", so I assumed he meant "how do you get big mana?"
>>
>>50580844
I need to get one of these for my Hazezon deck to replace Jazal Goldmane.
>>
>>50581361
Nope, I was asking about how to win, and if I had to tutor up various combos in order to be successful. Ramp isn't very difficult to set up, it's just not very good, particularly against fast aggressive decks. Volrath seems fine, as soon as you get an established board state, but getting there is a giant pain in the ass.

>>50581410
What are some good low cmc stax cards? I need to smooth out my curve, and the only stax decks I've built are U/W and mono blue, both of which were primarily artifact stax decks. How does black work in terms of stax? I know a few neat combos to nuke people's lands, but I'm looking for something more reliable.
>>
>>50581495
>both of which were primarily artifact stax decks
I'm no expert on stax but I think monoB stax can use those artifacts. Unless you're speaking of colored stuff.
>>
>>50581493
I really quite like his blocking clause as a sort of rattlesnake effect. He's fun.
>>
File: kydelechosenofkruphix.jpg (43KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
kydelechosenofkruphix.jpg
43KB, 265x370px
So I've been brainstorming this chick for quite a while. I originally just wanted to do just her plus Thrasios for Simic fun but I kind of figured it would be pointless since I already run both of them in my Kraj deck.

I tried her with Vial Smasher but four color is too much of a hassle and wheels.dec created some awkward situations for me.

Then I thought, what if Kydele plus Ikra Shadiqi, the Usurper?
>Fuck ton of card draw in black. Promise of Power gives me five cards, five colorless, and plenty of artifacts of pitch.
>Can still use some wheel effects. Can be a Leovold deck in disguise.
>Reanimator colors. Get Jin-Gitaxias in grave and put him out quick.
>Cast Eldrazi, gain life

>Aetherflux Reservoir?

I still plan on using the typical Kydele infi-mana combos (Umbral Mantle, Sword of the Paruns, Thrasios/Staff of Domination/Kruphix if I need a sink) but the main idea is to feed my inner Timmy with some Johnny.

Is this a shit idea or should I go for it?
>>
>>50581531
I was mostly interested in coloured stax things unique to black. I don't have playsets of things that I need, which means I'll have to proxy and that's not my style. UB Stax would be pretty cool, but again, it's just going to be a more tutor-centric version of what I already have, and I'm looking to steer clear of that.
>>
>>50581495

>ramp isn't very good
>because of fast aggro decks

Is that what your experience has been?

I'd have to look at your decklist because most monoblack decks are filled with powerful board wipes and spot removal to kill creatures and they can ramp and use those at the same time

As far as monoblack stax goes, there's contamination, grave pact type stuff, pox effects, hand disruption stuff like oppression or Syphon mind
>>
>>50581600
I'm pretty sure there are enchantment versions of Smokestack in monoB, there's Kuon, Ogre Ascendant and discard effects like Necrogen Mists
>>
>>50581600

Some black stuff that I see in stax decks:

Tainted aether
Spreading plague
Ophiomancer
>>
>>50581646
>>50581625
Okay, that actually sounds more reasonable. How do you go about building a grave pact + smokestack style deck? I'm mostly familiar with the ol' monoblue game plan of draw cheap, play rocks, and counter things you don't like.
>>
File: 40c.png (490KB, 600x691px) Image search: [Google]
40c.png
490KB, 600x691px
>>50581556
>Running half-powered cards in your 99
>Running TWO OF THEM
>>
>>50581705

The most common route I see is to set up token making stuff like bitterblossom, ophiomancer, endrek sahr possibly, and then use your advantage in terms of number of permanents in play to come out on top when you cast stuff like pox or death cloud, and to fuel contamination

Also people usually run crucible of worlds so they don't really miss a beat when lands get sac'd

Basically you make life miserable for everybody but build your deck to be able to survive without a lot of cards in hand or lands in play, so usually lots of artifact mana
>>
File: lovisa-coldeyes-cropped.jpg (158KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
lovisa-coldeyes-cropped.jpg
158KB, 464x664px
>>50581230
Literally has cold in her name. :^)
>>
File: 1479281495531.png (351KB, 352x478px) Image search: [Google]
1479281495531.png
351KB, 352x478px
>>50581752
I want an edit of that with silas' face.
>>
>>50581304
>So my choices are combo or stax?

really depends on your meta. you can do fine with just reanimation shenanigans in most metas. recur some gray merchants or reanimate some mega fatties. or hell, just use the mana doublers in black to do whatever you want, like use pestilence 20 times and drop a wound reflection.

it's only the really tryhard "tutor wincons lmao" metas where you have to go stax/combo, and that's the case for most color combinations. only like white/green can really reliably interact with any permanent, and only blue can reliably interact with the stack. don't build monoblack if you want to sit back and disrupt other people's combos.

>but I think reanimator would be better suited for something else, and I have no idea what to run instead

kokusho, sheoldred, liliana are all good for reanimator, although kokusho is more leaned towards just recurring stuff for etb/ltb effects. mikaeus allows for easier combo autism on top of being really good at recurring stuff

you could also do a zombie tribal like i'm kind of planning to. speaking of zombie tribals, anyone know why pic related isn't more expensive than it is?

>printed once
>old
>unique effect
>pretty good

i know it probably sucks for other formats but you'd think that commander BUYOUTS!!! would've hiked the price up a bit more than like 6 bucks that it is now
>>
>>50581304
>Build a deck for me!

If you can't figure out how to build monoblack ramp, there are other things that need to be addressed in your life.
>>
File: bidding.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
bidding.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>50581824
i swear to fucking christ the next time i forget to post the image i am kysing myself
>>
>>50581825
Everyone is having a polite discussion, yet you insist on being an ass. Can you specifically fuck off?
>>
>>50581859
My only guess is that it's because of the "each player" if you could choose the creature type that gets returned it would be way better.

But as it is, you might as well run rise of the dark realms.
>>
>>50581758
>Haste
>Warriors
>Barbarians
>BERSERKERS
But she demonstrably has ZERO chill.

>>50581230
My vote for pic related. He even has his own personal Chill Zone (tm).
>>
>>50581948
damn that nigga chill
>>
>>50581939
rise of the dark realms costs twice as much though. patriach's bidding can hit really early and really hard with a self-mill deck, way before your opponents have had time to get big graves.

i guess it's just a rare archetype to do a self-milly tribal. i'm kind of interested in making one though. i'm a bit afraid of once again making a deck that just rolls over my group in like a second

>turn 1 island sol ring
>turn 2 island signet
>turn 3 traumatize on self
>turn 4 patriach's bidding
>turn 5 swing with 15 zombies with 5 lord effects

lmao oops haha
>>
File: Darksteel Garrison_FUT.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Darksteel Garrison_FUT.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
when are we getting new fortifications?
>>
>>50582012
I guess that could work, what commander would you use?
>>
>>50582015
I would have put money on them being in BFZ, but now I'm not sure. Maybe new Mirrodin? As like the last holdouts of Mirran rebels? I guess they could fit in a Ravnica block because buildings, too.
>>
File: 2014-cruel-tutor-cropped.jpg (137KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
2014-cruel-tutor-cropped.jpg
137KB, 464x664px
>just want some more tutors for my deck
>they're all expensive

Why is this one almost the same price as vampiric tutor? Can't be the beautiful art.
>>
>>50582077
just grimgrin i guess. i don't really build around my commander that much usually, so i'd just use grimgrin as a sac outlet and a removal magnet, and recur him alongside my other zombos.

if i went monoblack, i could also just use balthor who's basically patriach's bidding on a creature
>>
>>50582123
Probably physical rarity. I think that's the set that was only sold by a one legged hooker outside of a Blockbuster in Thailand or some other such nonsense.
>>
>>50581824
I think the problem is my meta. There is one player in particular who plays low cost blue goodstuff in every deck he runs, and while my UW and mono U decks are of a much higher caliber, I'm working on building something that wins more consistently, while not being mike+trike.dek.

The reanimator goodstuff seems fine, in theory, but in practice, they run such non-interactive decks that very few cards end up in my yard. After the discussions in this thread, I was thinking about going in one of two directions:

>1) I have a shitload of discard cards, like a hilariously stupid amount of quality ones that I've been saving for a creatureless mimeoplasm deck. I could leave the reanimator, take out some of the niche things I was using for volrath, fill it mutual discard enchantments, like necrogen mists, creeping dread, mindslash, and plump the rest with the occasional Hymn to Touarch/Whispers of Emrakul.

>2) I could take out the reanimator entirely, and put it into a jund smokestack tokens deck I've been brewing for a while, then just grab as much removal as I can get my hands on, and hit the board hard, while making sure I'm always at an advantage.
>>
File: 57.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
57.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>50582015
when are we getting new curses?
>>
>>50582345
We're apparently extremely likely to go back to Innistrad, so.
>>
>>50582345
We just had a new one in C16, and there was a cycle in C13. Garrisson is the only fortification.
>>
File: Image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>50582123
It still surprises me how many times I've come across people that didn't know, or forgot, this card existed, simply because it didn't have the word tutor in it.
>>
>>50582446
it shows up when you google mtg tutor tho

>7€

Nice. probably gonna buy one, already have vampiric tutor, enlightened tutor and mystical tutor. This, demonic tutor amd maybe a runescarred demon should be enough.
>>
>>50582446
I love this card. I'm just sad it became terrible in my monoblack deck recently. I jammed it in my RB Wort deck instead
>>
File: file.png (198KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
198KB, 265x370px
This Tezzerret actually isn't bad at all for a Sydri deck, or even Silas Renn
>>
This opinion will probably be impopular, but I really hope they print Partners in future Commander sets

I'd love mono-colored partners.
>>
>>50582698
I think they're pushing UB artifacts to go with Bolas and the redstuff graveyard shenanigans of the past few sets.
>>
>>50582797
I kinda want a really good UB artifact commander. Silas is alright, but I need to use him with another off-color asshole, and I don't want that.
>>
>>50582821
But why would you want a UB artifact commander when Lazav is already thing?

Alternatively, Sharuum is really all that you need, and it comes with the added bonus of having all that awesome white support.
>>
>>50582821
I mean, you've got really good artifact commanders with UB in their identity. Just splash white into Sharuum for extra ETB abuse and play it as mostly UB.
>>
>>50582884
Because Lazav doesn't interact with artifacts enough to my liking.

Also, I don't like Sharuum, I went past Combos a while ago. Sydri would probably be something I play, tho.
>>
>>50582698
I run the other two Tezz in my Sydri deck. The new one is alright, he's slightly expensive card advantage but that's all good. And because I run in a more Eggs direction, the -3 is actually relevant sometimes.
>>
File: ashesofthefallen.jpg (76KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
ashesofthefallen.jpg
76KB, 480x680px
>>50581859
Secret combo for a non tribal deck that can tutor them both out somehow?
>>
>>50582923
Well, I know he's not really good, but I expected the Planeswalker facecard to be garbage like Nissa and Chandra from the last planeswalker deck
>>
>>50582921
Sydri is fun, but because she's a colored Karn, she does tend to go in several combo centric directions. Liquimetal coating and dross scorpion is an interaction too spicy to ignore.

>>50582948
Compared to the Ajani that has been spoiled, I think he's reasonably strong. Definitely in comparison to the other planeswalkers. Instead of top 5, it's reveal until and that's always pretty good.
I think I'm going to run him, but I'm a little uncertain about running 3 pw with the same name.
I guess my friend runs every single Jace in his stupid Teferi deck, so it's not that bad for sure.
>>
>>50583052
>I guess my friend runs every single Jace in his stupid Teferi deck, so it's not that bad for sure.
That physically hurt to read...
>>
>>50581388
What would a Bobby player be?
>>
>>50583069
Not only is it a frustrating as fuck combo mono-U deck, with the endlessly annoying Teferi Planeswalker at the helm, every single game I have to look at fucking Jace's smug fucking face goddamn
>>
>>50583234
Not right, I tell ya hwat.
>>
>>50583242
The only way to combat mono blue and teach the fuccbois who play it a lesson is to play something like Talrand all counters. Just fuck their shit up.
>>
>>50583327
or cast boil and then cast pyroblast when they try to counter it
>>
File: 1471535830245.jpg (48KB, 346x326px) Image search: [Google]
1471535830245.jpg
48KB, 346x326px
>>50583369
>Swing in with an absurd amount of goblin tokens
>GAAIV player silently taps for 7 mana, and just sets Cyclonic Rift on the table with a smug look on his face.
>Don't even react, just tap a mountain and set Pyroblast on the table, not breaking eye contact
>"Responses?"

There is no better feeling than countering a control players spells with your RG deck.
>>
I have an ethical dilemma /tg/.

I recently was bested by a t1 sol ring into various bullshit. Now, that's fine in and of itself, but it was a proxy sol ring. I don't run a single proxy, despite having a very extensive collection of singles. I'm going to start proxying things in general because I'm not going to buy a playset of simple things, like Rout or Crux of Fate.

Should I go balls to the wall and start proxying everything I have a copy of, or should I tone it back and only proxy cards under $5/not too shittery? I'm not too sure how to balance things, because I have a few diverse decks that involve a lot of good staples, and that could beef up other decks pretty substantially.
>>
What'a your favorite color combo /edhg/?
>>
File: 1475068443451.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1475068443451.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>50583701
>gutteral response
>>
>>50583765

Mono blue
>>
File: 1475386585779.png (263KB, 434x357px) Image search: [Google]
1475386585779.png
263KB, 434x357px
>>50583751
>playset
>EDH
???
Anyway, pic related.
>>
File: Nebuchadnezzar_(MtG).jpg (531KB, 796x640px) Image search: [Google]
Nebuchadnezzar_(MtG).jpg
531KB, 796x640px
>>50583765
Dimir
>>
>>50581304
You could always go zombie tribal. Gisa can make a million billion zombies and Geth can steal shit from other people's yards.
>>
>>50583775
Also a laugh, but I don't include it because 1) it's specific to instants and 2) that creature destruction mode on Pyroblast and REB is super handy.

I've yet to pull off the Reverberated/Forked counterspell, but I live ever in hope.
>>
>>50583701
I run both Pyroblast and REB in my Jor Kadeen because for every time they are a dead draw, there is another time where I see the smug ol' blue player's eyes bug out when they jam a Cyclonic Rift or a timely counterspell only to have it countered by a single Mountain.

Satisfying.

>>50583751
just buy this player a sol ring man they're only two bucks.
Otherwise I don't mind proxies. I have both gold bordered and proxy cards in my decks.
My only caveat is that I only proxy cards I reasonably intend to get or trade for. I don't proxy ABUR duals because I honestly don't intend to get any more than I already have unless a good trade option comes up, but I will proxy an Enlightened Tutor because they're a lot cheaper now they were reprinted and there will be some floating around that I can trade for, eventually.
>>
File: azusa-lost-but-seeking.jpg (164KB, 488x712px) Image search: [Google]
azusa-lost-but-seeking.jpg
164KB, 488x712px
So I powered down my Azusa deck permanently (group bitched about how it's usually just me playing solitaire with it) so hows this look? I had a few Nim deathmantle combos in here, along with a few other combos I took out. Only wincon's besides smashing face now is Helix Pinnacle.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/07-12-16-landsdec/
>>
>>50581646
I think your thinking of Descent Into Maddness.
>>
>>50583242
>jace
>silas

Are there other smug looking creatures/planeswalker? I kind of want to play smug tribal.
>>
File: 8liW1A7bZFll.jpg (32KB, 594x325px) Image search: [Google]
8liW1A7bZFll.jpg
32KB, 594x325px
>>50583791
>semantics
I appreciate your weenie-based macro image, but it's a real question considering I have a very extensive memnarch artifact ramp deck, that could be any mono-coloured deck very easily.

>>50583920
Thanks anon, that's a pretty solid answer. I don't really care that he proxy'd it, but I have 3 sol rings, and I didn't have one in the deck he wombo combod, so I'm a little salty.

So, it's alright for me to proxy anything I own, or reasonably intend to purchase? In my head, I didn't want to proxy demonic tutor/swords/vorinclex/deadeye/anything overpowered and kind of shittery, but that might be ridiculous, particularly if I already have most of the cards I want to proxy.
>>
>>50582821
Go with sygg river cutthroat!
>>
>>50583751
>proxied Sol Ring

Were you playing against a homeless person?
>>
>>50583993
Bolas is pretty smug. That way you get to go Grixis, which I'm pretty sure has some pretty smug cards in it.
Try the Innistrad vampires, I'm sure that there's liable to be some smug in there. Wizards are a tribe which probably has some shit eating grins center focus. Goblins maybe, but I'm flicking through a Zada deck and they seem a bit too cartoony to be really... smug.

>>50584007
If you are worried, ask your group before you sit down, don't go overboard on the proxies, but also do the table a favor and print out color high dpi images and do your best to eliminate any tells from the proxies.

Bonus points if you are proxying a common over an expensive card. Proxying also kinda reminds me of what I'm looking for when I'm trading, because I have been using the cards. It's easy to forget, especially with several hundred card decks, to upgrade certain cards or to learn what's better. However, if it's proxied, even if it's a ten goddamn cent common then it reminds you to pick it up.
I've been looking for a Battle Hymn for Zada for weeks. Maddening.
>>
>>50584239
>I've been looking for a Battle Hymn for Zada for weeks.
Oh man, I understand exactly what you're talking about. I've been looking for an Urborg Justice for literal months, and I'm trying to pick up a mycosynth latice that just never fucking seems to come in to my card shop.

>If you are worried, ask your group before you sit down
Fair enough. My group actually suggested that I should start running proxies of things that I'm not using in every deck, but I don't think they're aware of all the things I only have one copy of. I'll just print off really good looking proxies so no one will notice. I didn't want to be "that guy" with the proxied ponder/preordain/brainstorm/serum visions in every deck.
>>
>>50584239
>>50584375
don't you guys have a magiccardmarket equivalent in the states?
>>
>>50584419
I live in the middle of Canada. I can drive an hour and a half one way, then order cards, and wait two weeks to get them, but that's a huge pain in the ass just to spend money on cardboard. By the time I get there, I always settle for whatever flashy jank they have lying around and go on my way.
>>
>>50584419
I live in a tiny island nation and I ain't paying no shipping nor no currency conversion fees for some cardboard. I'll continue to sift through peoples common collections and trade rather than order cards. Might piggy back on an order before too long though.
>>
>>50584479
>>50584527
wtf i hate canada and islands now
>>
My play group refuses to make pauper decks, so I have been making a new one every week and playing it againt their regular decks with varied success to get them interested. I am currently working on making a mono colored deck for each color. I hope to get them to at least play a pauper game with me with my decks once in a while in this way. Does anyone here have groups that ocasionally play pauper to break away from the norm of edh staples?
>>
>>50584239
>wizard-vampires with bolas as a commander

Sounds perfect. and then I play every card with smug/condescending flavor text I can find, and every time an opponent ask what any of my cards do I begin the sentence with that out-of-character jace quote.
>>
>>50584613
No, but we play planechase.
>>
How do you guys feel about proxying staples you already own to use in multiple decks?

I mean, it's a singleton format, do I really need to buy more than one of?
>>
rule 1 of edh general: do not talk about proxying
>>
>>50584700
It's pretty much agreed that as long as you own one of the card then the proxy feels less shitty and thus is considered better.
>>
>tfw Yidris is fun af but cant decide wich route to take the deck so you just keep wheeling and milling everyone.
>>
File: 1480638490678.jpg (126KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480638490678.jpg
126KB, 720x720px
>made a giant pot of coffee
>knocked out a few reps for a quick blast to the guns
>drank the entire pot
>gathered 3 monster energy drinks and neatly arranged them for optimal drinksmanship
>put on some serious dub-step for intellectual ambiance
>turned every light off but the sickly glow of my laptop and my desk lamp
BREWING HATH BEGUN. Wish my luck bros, by the end of the night, I should have an interstellar commander deck cocked locked and ready to rock. Any suggestions for a red deck that's totally as extreme as I am?
>>
Making a Lazav Voltron deck.

What should be the staples?
>>
>>50584761
>Goes so hard he might explode and kill himself

That'll be Ashling, then.
>>
>>50584761
Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis
>>
>>50584805
All the swords, Trepanation Blade, tutors, colored artifact mana ramp (especially 2-drop stuff).
>>
>>50584761
Norin the wary. And run every fucking chaos and coinflip effect in existance.
>>
>>50584728
That's what I figured.
The alternative would be waiting for me to resleeve all the time.
>>
File: mystery of the satchel.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
mystery of the satchel.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
Any cards similar to Druidic Satchel? Something you can spend your mana on that you had been saving for a counterspell or something.
Cellar Door is close, but the effect is just not really worth it.
>>
>>50584700
justifying proxying because you physically own at least one copy of the card is more autistic than buying counterfeits because proxies printed out on printer paper and sleeved in front of lands wouldn't "feel right"

either you man up and admit you proxy because you don't feel the cards you want to use are worth the price people ask for them or you buy the fucking cards.
>>
>>50585019
Nuisance Engine/Jade Mage/Ant Queen are straight up better if you need creature tokens

Journeyer's Kite is better than satchel if you want lands

I seriously hope you don't want an artifact that does nothing but gain life

Satchel is pretty shit imo desu since you don't get to choose the mode and 1/3 of the modes are useless
>>
>>50583751
dont proxy shit

buy the cards or dont play em
>>
File: Trading Post.png (118KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Trading Post.png
118KB, 223x311px
>>50585019
Maybe this? There's plenty of effects like this, it depends on what your deck does.
>>
>>50584761
Bosh, Iron Golem
/m/ the deck. Fill it with giant robots and smash face with them.
>>
>>50584809
That seems quite bro-tacular. I think I'm going to go with this choice. Thanks my dude, may you have many strong reps in your future and may all your protein be righteous.

>>50584819
Totally not bro/10. My friend Jake is gay, but the way that guy lifts weights, you wouldn't even know. If I told him in real life what you said on the internet, he would totally rip a phone book in half and mail it to you in two installments, one for each half of the phonebook.

>>50584845
Nah man, I can't do that to my bros. With each rep comes responsibility, and unless you have perfect form, you're going to have a bad time in the future.

>>50585098
I have a bosh, and I wanted to make a Pacific Rim deck where Bosh throws all sorts of boats and vehicles at people, but I was just waiting until more support was released. Giant robots also sounds cool, do you have a list I could look at?
>>
>>50585143
>My friend Jake is gay

i actually recommended them because they were the least red commander/archetype i was able to think of. you know, as a joke. turns out your're the real homophone all along
>>
>>50585072
I'm going to put it in with Magus of the Future and Future Sight, and it plays well with my deck's playstyle.

>>50585097
Not quite what I need, since the costs require resources other than mana. I guess Journeyman's Kite is exactly what I'm looking for though.
>>
File: Predator.gif (929KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Predator.gif
929KB, 500x281px
>>50585143
Cheers
>>
>>50585189
Technically, Atraxa is the least red one
>>
>>50585189
Hold the fuck up, my phone is not gay. I mean sure it has the ability to call gay people if it wants to, but it also calls bitches, so that makes it some sort of fraction of a fag I can't even begin to understand.
>>
File: 1471213760160.gif (2MB, 400x206px) Image search: [Google]
1471213760160.gif
2MB, 400x206px
>>50585277
I like this new character. Maybe /edhg/ got new writers?
>>
Is it possible to build a werewolf tribal deck that doesn't suck shit through a straw?
At least cats have Kemba.
>>
>>50585345
Xenagos with a Werewolf subtheme, maybe.

Nothing with Werewolves is gonna be super optimal, but it's doable and even functional.
>>
My association is organizing an EDH event and I got a small budget to organize "micro-prizes" for less advanced players. We plan to give away cheap cycles, like for instance the Ravnica bouncelands, the Zendikar ETB lands and the lifelands.
What other cycles could we include ? (They don't need to be lands)
>>
>>50585143
Unfortunately I haven't actually built the deck, I just think it's a cool concept and have kind of theorycrafted it. I was going to put in some of the big vehicles and bludgeon brawl for maximum beating people with a train or boat or what-have-you too. So it would probably be a lot like yours, but with darksteel colossus, metalworks colossus, combustible gearhulk, Karn to even turn other artifacts into robots, whatever other big robots you want.
>>
>>50585411
Various charm cycles
>>
>>50585411
If I payed money for an event and got that I would be more insulted than if I received nothing.

Minimum prize should be a booster pack or you're gonna look like the biggest fucking miser in the history LGSes
>>
>>50585345

>play riku
>flip werewolves
>clone and copy the clones
>???
>PROFIT

i was thinking of UR werewolves but nothing clicks in mind. lude and his monster for flavor? idk
>>
>>50585447
>Bludgeon Brawl
Man, on a scale from 1-10, that's like a habenero on the spice-o-meter. Not quite scorpion pepper, but hot enough to make your poos hurt if you aren't careful. Tell you what, I'll brew up a fresh pot of whoop-ass and knock out a somewhat usable decklist by this time tomorrow. Last time I tried to put it together, I ran out of neat 'bots.

Does red have any special ways to ramp, or is it just whatever artifacts I have lying around?
>>
>>50585515
He never even said it was a pay to play event.
>>
>>50585411
Unless there is something cute or themed about it, don't bother. Getting a 30 cent consolation prize is worse than the losing itself.
>>
>>50585552
Mostly just rocks, Koth Vom Hammerclan, and rituals or various usefullness.
>>
>>50584761
Joven is the only answer.
>>
>>50585601
Is mana geyser useful for anything beyond firebreathing effects?
>>
>>50585411
Instead of just cycles, why not low cost EDH staples? Sol Ring, Krosan Grip, the signets, Rogues Passage, StP, Acidic Slime, etc.

Or, yeah, maybe a booster pack.
>>
>>50585411
Jank rares. Let them choose a $0.50 rare from a binder somewhere. If you're really slick, pick out a selection of cards that you know are cheap and would slide nicely into an edh deck of a variety of colours.
>>
File: 314.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
314.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>50583765
mono brown
>>
>>50583765
blue green (red/black) for cards/gameplay
i hate most the commanders in these color combos.
>>
File: soldier.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
soldier.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>50585411

this >>50585725

if budget is still a concern, just give everyone involved a free Soldier of Fortune
>>
>>50585659
Hey if it helps you cast one fatty it did its job, and you can always copy it for huge mana since most copy spalls cost three or less. There are also cards that let you tap lands for extra mana: extraplanar lens, caged sun, gauntlet of might/power, and mana bloom if you don't mind it being symetrical.
>>
Ethersworn Canonist or Master Transmuter in Breya? I can't run both because reasons
>>
>>50585889
Probably Master Transmuter, though it depends on what your deck looks like. Breya loves sacking stuff, though, so I gotta imagine you'd get better mileage out of the latter.
>>
>>50585889
Master Transmuter.

Canonist will draw too much flack. Though if you can deal with it, though if you're not running too many artifact fatties, Transmuter might not get enough mileage.
>>
>>50585796
My two sense on mana geyser is that 5cmc is hilarious. You need 6 lands to net one mana for 5cmc, which is very inefficient.

I have a metric fuck-ton of rocks, like gilded lotus, caged sun, thran dynamo, worn powerstone, and ur-golem's eye. I figure if I'm going to be tossing boats, I don't need a lot of red devotion, and instead I can start a clam bake with things like Temple of the False Gods, and Ugin's Nexus.

How does removal usually work in monored? The only thing I can think of are shitty fireballs, whipflare and blasphemous act.
>>
>>50585998
There are some older cards like Aftershock and Fissure, but not much.
>>
>>50585998
this >>50586212
Aftershock and Fissure are phenomenal, artifact destruction hits a lot of relevant creatures. there's also Chain Reaction and Blasphemous Act.
>>
File: 34695.jpg (276KB, 816x1056px) Image search: [Google]
34695.jpg
276KB, 816x1056px
does this combo work? I saw It in the last thread
>>
>>50586370
>german ape
No fucking clue, why couldn't you just post the english cards?
>>
File: Gabriel, Genesis Divided.jpg (31KB, 399x300px) Image search: [Google]
Gabriel, Genesis Divided.jpg
31KB, 399x300px
>>50586370
Yeah, you just have to be able to deal 2 damage at instant speed to the ape, and you're good to go. Works best with pic related as your commander.
>>
>>50583791
It matters to me to have a playset of things for edh, for example I have 4 decks that use chrome mox. Rather than stripping apart decks every time, it's easier to have multiples or use proxies. I don't like proxying so I don't proxy, hence a playset of cards.
>>
File: FRF-087-Tasigur-the-Golden-Fang.png (189KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
FRF-087-Tasigur-the-Golden-Fang.png
189KB, 265x370px
Any cheap (Under $20) secret tech for pic related?
>>
I'm from /o/.

Usually whenever someone comes to /o/ to ask what they should buy for their first car, we just tell them to buy a Honda Civic.

What do you guys suggest to new commander players to build first? What's /edhg/'s Honda Civic?
>>
>>50586823
Personally I would say "Built from Scratch 2014".

Mono-Red artifacts with a lot of good shit that plays well right out the box.
>>
>>50584613
we played pauper edh very briefly. shriekmaw became the best deck very quickly, followed by psychatog destroying shriekmaw, and nothing else could beat it.
>>
>kind of want the from the vault nickelback
>hes at around 34€

I..is he even popular as a commander or is it because of collectors?
>>
>>50586823
New to Magic entirely or just the EDH format?

If they're new to Magic in general, I'd do something with Green, maybe Elf tribal, maybe Xenagos. Play cratures, turn them sideways, easy stuff.

If they've played Magic before, it would depend on what they like in other formats.
>>
>>50586823
I'd generally recommend a pre-con that matches their favored colors, then change it up to their liking.
>>
File: 143.jpg (51KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
143.jpg
51KB, 312x445px
>>50586370
I don't understand this meme but here is Axelrod Gunnarson.
>>
I've been working on an Akiri deck and I'm wondering what the best way to build her is. Right now it's kind of a storm/modern cheeri0s/affinity hybrid type thing but I still am not sure the best way to do that. Like I'm playing Silas as the partner right now but I'm wondering if I should switch to a UG partner so I can get Glimpse and Beck//Call, buy lose black tutors and ad nauseum among other things. Plus Akiri only has synergy with the artifacts, not other 0 drop creatures.
>>
>>50586823
Meren goodstuff. Cheap to get started, dollar rares and shitty cards tend to over perform as long as they're at least tangentially on theme, and it's good for training them to remember triggers, learn the phases of a turn, and sequence properly.
>>
File: sexy.jpg (39KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sexy.jpg
39KB, 300x300px
SECRET ZADA TECH???
>>
>>50585411
Assuming these are door prizes? Signets, gain lands, 2 mana diamonds, Moxen, and Visions karoos.
>>
I'm playing Jarad and maybe I'm mentally retarded but does anyone else ever mill themselves out?

First game I won with 13 cards left and in the second I ran out half way through the game so I'm wondering if this is ever a concern for anyone else.
>>
>>50586823
Red 2014 Precon, UG or GB 2015 precons.
>>
>>50586823
Buy the Sworn to Darkness precon and switch the commander to Sheoldred or Chainer.
>>
>>50587025
GENERAL TAZRI

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/5-colour-zadatazri/
>>
File: Lazav.jpg (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Lazav.jpg
83KB, 500x500px
Suggestions? What should I swap with the maybeboard?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lazav-copy-and-such/
>>
>>50587025
I don't think there's anything secret about Krenko.

>>50587098
I've run out of fetchable lands in library, but never self milled to death.
>>
>>50587025
Krenko's about as secret as fucking wrecking ball. Everyone will kill him as soon as he touches the field.
>>
>>50582698
i'm going to run him just because his name is fuckin' metal

god damn someone shoop a guitar in there pls
>>
>>50582698
Would you guy's let someone run him as a commander? I know it really depends on your group with Planeswalkers but this guy doesn't seem that powerful.
>>
>>50582698
It seems playable even without an artifact theme. Just grab three mana rocks, and then try to ult him.
>>
>>50581556
That sounds like fun. I say go for it. As for me, I'm planning of pairing her with akiri. With the draw power of red, blue, and artifacts, she can give me the mana for my equipment to equip to akiri. Her mana can also help me cast multiple artifacts per turn.
>>
>>50587098
I want a deck with card draw like this.
>>
>>50587369
Him and Valiant Protector are actually almost BETTER in decks with fewer of the things their draw plus grabs. It's easier with tezzeret to be in a deck with few artifacts than for GW to not play many creatures though. If you're playing a UB deck with just stuff like crypt and sour ring it's pretty good value even if the need for them if you have 6 mana is less.
>>
>>50582095
I like the sound of that. Vehicles being created by the mirrans to fight against the phyrexians also sounds cool.
>>
>>50587369
He's actually better without an artifact theme because there will be a small number of high impact targets for him to hit.

>>50582123
Old. Low print run.

>>50582015
Return to Mercadia Block
>>
>>50582123
WATCHU SAY NNNNIGGAAA
NIGGA ASS PUSSY GAY ASS
NNNNNNNNNNNNIGGAAAAAAA
>>
Is Riku a fun commander, or is he just too straightforward and plays the same every time?
>>
File: 1481007962606.gif (202KB, 251x348px) Image search: [Google]
1481007962606.gif
202KB, 251x348px
>>50587006
I'm planning to pair akiri with kydele. Besides mana rocks, equipment, and artifact lands, I'm going to copy artifacts and make artifact tokens. Green and white has access to populate and URW has a shit ton of artifact support. In addition, green has cards like doubling season to double the number of tokens, which will mainly be tokens.
In theory, akiri is going to get big ridiculously fast and I'll have plenty of mana through kydele, green, and artifacts to constantly recast both partner commanders. In addition, RWGU has a shit ton of spells to counter, kill, and exile stuff.
>>
>>50587602
Yes.
>>
>>50587602
I find he's only fun if having 2 of something does something more INTERESTING than having 1, not just 'more efficient'

Too much optimal utility stuff just makes him Mr. 'wowow I paid mana and did useful thing twice' guy
>>
>>50587602
He's powerful but not very fun. I found it hard to not just shove every awesome UGR spell I had together and double Rite of Replication my Avenger of Zendikar with a Fork Spell.
>>
>>50587153
I'm a fan of Cemetery Puca.
>>
One of my EDH buddies furiously ragequit this deck last night and is disassembling it to build Jenara, which means I just have to build this and crush him with it. I've got a first draft put together, but it feels pretty rough and I want to work in more/better counter magic and a Pongify to kill a couple of problem generals.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rashimi-salt-crafter/

I'm also going to try and trade for his copy of Rashmi for that extra bit of rub ins.
>>
>>50587772
>I found it hard to not just shove every awesome UGR spell I had together and double Rite of Replication my Avenger of Zendikar with a Fork Spell.
That sounds really fun.
>>
>>50587918
Not after you win 5 games in a row with shit like that.
>>
>>50587607
I had a simular idea but with Sidar so I could go wide with the tokens while I go tall with Akiri.
>>
>>50580844
>trade for a Marton Stromgald because people in here say he's good with tokens
>play him as one of the 99 in my Boros token deck
>"Jeez, Anon, what is this guy doing in here? He's terrible, he doesn't even buff himself when he attacks."
Why did you deceive me, /edh/?
>>
>>50588008
You sound like you're very easily led.

On an unrelated note, would you like to hear about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints?
>>
File: tfw destroyed elbow.jpg (45KB, 634x371px) Image search: [Google]
tfw destroyed elbow.jpg
45KB, 634x371px
>want to buy some shit after the holidays/post-Christmas cash infusion
>constantly worried about RL buyouts since the summer and don't want to risk putting things off for too long
>>
File: 081912-acc-mormons-oaks-1.jpg (92KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
081912-acc-mormons-oaks-1.jpg
92KB, 960x639px
>>50588059
I don't care how imaginary Mormon Jesus is. I would convert in a heartbeat if I could get in on that life style.
>>
>>50588131
I hope The Chain Veil wasn't on your shopping list :^)
>>
>>50588159
It's not but WHOA what happened? Atraxa?

>tfw Anvil of Bogardan was on my shopping list
>>
>>50588136
Fucking lord, Mormons are hideous.
>>
>>50588182
Atraxa caused the last two dozen spikes/buy outs, so probably. I've yet to play with or against it, but I despise that fucking card.
>>
>>50588207
>two dozen spikes/buy outs
What the fuck, seriously? The hell else got bought out because of her?

I traded my Chain Veil two years ago for a Valakut
>>
>>50588136
>that life style.
Sexual repression, 10% loss in income, perpetual adolescence and three hour minimum church sessions (and that's just the one on Sunday)? Yeah, sounds great.
>>
Are there any noncreature artifacts that have a similar ability to Junk Diver and Myr Retriever? Artifact (creature or not) back to hand, not things like Scarecrone
>>
>>50588227
Doubling Season, Contagion Engine, Teferi, and some other things I don't remember.
>>
>>50585035
I don't proxy at all, you presumptuous cunt.
Currently I just resleeve things I use in multiple decks, but that takes time.
I see no point in buying multiples in a singleton format.
>>
>>50588227
Just wait for the backlash. Superfriends isn't that good.
>>
>>50588260
My friend kicked my ass with a superfriends deck last week so I dunno, but his was a mix of 'walkers and just tons of counter shenanigans, it was neat

>>50588255
I don't think Doubling Season will drop, at least not by much
>>
>>50588238
The only things I'm starved for are sex and companionship and that guy's getting way more than me of both. Chinese cartoons can only substitute for so long.
>>
>>50588301
Don't get me wrong, it isn't bad, but it's pretty predictable and walkers are pretty easy to destroy.
>>
>>50588260
Neither is mill, but that doesn't stop Glimpse of the Unthinkable from being a $30 card.
>>
How many fireballs is too many for Gruul Wort?
>>
>>50588250
trading post and skeleton shard
>>
>>50588363
>skeleton shard
Can't use it, damn

Also how the fuck did I blank on Trading Post, thanks for reminding me
>>
>>50588309
>sex and companionship
Take it from a former Mormon, it's not fucking worth it. The women are, bar none, awful. There are exactly two kinds of mormon women: The plastic gold digger with nothing between her ears but her dad's cum who won't even look at your zipcode, much less your dick and the plain to dumpy cat lady in training who spent half her paycheck on Disney movie soundtracks.

Run. Stay far away. Real talk, lonely, desperate people are their core demo. Mormon life is misery. They are the dullest, most undeservedly stuck up cunts on the planet.
>>
>>50588350
I think anything more than 5 is probably too many, since a good Wort deck can produce a huge amount of tokens and win that way if need be

Or you ramp out all your Mountains with a Valakut and 2 copies on the table to kill everyone
>>
>>50588375
Also protomatter powder, which is WU color identity, and salvaging station for trinkets.
>>
>>50588350
How many do you have?
>>50587980
Nice. What kind of tokens? Thopters, myr, or a mixed bag?
>>
>>50588528
5 right now, 6 if you count Burn at the Stake
>>
>>50588566
if you have it up can i get a decklist?

trying to get ideas for my MILF.
>>
>superfriends
>Whole deck gets BTFO by merciless eviction + a counterspell

top kek, when will this meme die
>>
it's garbage right now but I'm hoping I can make it workable garbage when I get my Ezuri and Teysa decks back to break down.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/atraxa-1-to-everything-please/
>>
>>50588402
good at basketball tho
>>
>>50588614
i have a super friends deck that i have literally never lost with but its the most boring deck i have ever made in magic id rather shot myself than play it at this point
>>
>>50588647
Yeah, it features heavily in most of their sacred rites. It's fucking weird.
>>
File: infect elf nigger.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
infect elf nigger.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>play group wants to move the infect kill damage to 20 because they never build their decks in a way that does anything before turn 4
>they dont realize that infect is balanced around 10 damage
>they dont understand the amount of work that actually goes into 10 damage

i dont understand, i rarely win with my infect decks but i am usually the first to kill someone. why are people so bad at dealing with a deck that cant go late in a format where going late is the norm?
>>
>>50588528
Myr and thopters mostly. I've also got pentavus in there and spawning pit to recover from field wipes. It's a weird mix of voltron and token swarm.
>>
>>50587774
I didn't consider it very highly. He's worse at doing what Lazav does. But perhaps a second, worse Lazav is okay.
>>
>>50583234
faerie tribal
>>
>>50583765
Red + any other color(s).
>>
>>50588890
Two words:
Blightsteel Colossus.

He's the only reason people bitch about poison counters in EDH.
>>
>>50588890
shit like empyrial plate pushes infect too far.
that and nobody likes being the person who dies super early without even getting to do shit, more so than you actually having a chance at winning
>>
File: ok.jpg (5KB, 354x287px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
5KB, 354x287px
>>50588890
it must be super fun to get ride of a player on turn 3
>>
>>50588136
What is it about the lifestyle that seduces you
>>
>>50589136
>>50589140
if they are not going to do anything about early threats im going to capitalize on it. they could stop everything by putting a single creature 90% of the time
>>
File: edgy.gif (742KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
edgy.gif
742KB, 320x240px
>>50589160
yeah because fuck people without 1 drop
>>
>>50589157
The part where I have a wife and children instead sitting around by myself in a dingy apartment all night.
>>
>>50588890
As someone who has dropped a hasted Blightsteel on T2 just to dome someone, I can understand where they're coming from
>>
>>50589190
>t.Bruna-fag

if you want to have late game, you have to give up early
>>
File: dank meme.gif (2MB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
dank meme.gif
2MB, 420x315px
>>50589160

>I wan't everybody to play the way I wanted them to play is that asking too much?
>>
>>50589190
if your first creature is your 5 drop commander then yes, fuck you
>>
>>50589233
>As someone who has dropped a hasted Blightsteel on T2 just to dome someone, I can understand where they're coming from
i dont even own blight steel, id probably win way more if i did

>>50589247
i should be forced to not try to win because others play decks with massive openings
>>
>>50589280
You don't even win that much, you even said that!

Common dude you're using a cuck mechanic just to piss other people because "fuck that one guy that didn't have a perfect curve"
>>
>>50587980
>>50587607
I'm mostly using Silas almost purely for the colours. I'm kind of a try hard spike and I like to optimise so I like Akiri and if playing Akiri with storm is the best way to do it, that's what I'll do. I was inspired by those all in Sidisi 0 drop artifacts storm decks and realised Akiri seemsperfect with those since she thrives off cheap artifacts anyway, giving them extra play instead if purely a combo engine, and can be made to be able to play black. Then I remembered Cheeri0's Retract/Hurkyl's Recall plus the new Paradoxical Outcome engine as well. So the obvious partner was Silas. But I'm open to any strategy that's more optimal.
>>
>>50589299
ok? its still fun to play. you are literally saying i should not stop others from having fun while simultaneously saying that i should not have fun. you are either a hypocrite or b8ing. its not hard to have a creature on board early, stop acting like it is
>>
File: e26.jpg (86KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
e26.jpg
86KB, 500x628px
>>50589299
>>
>>50589392

It wasn't who was pissed about your playgroup?

>>50589385

ok I guess if you think it's funny to turn 3 get ride of someone and then lose the game. But imagine if you're the player who lost on turn 3. Having fun taking the fun of the others, of your friends is just infuriating
>>
>>50589045
It is, trust me. Remember, Lazav stays Lazav. You ever wondered what it's like to have two Elesh Norns that you didn't have to buy in play at the same time? It'll make your dick move, son.
>>
>>50589385

But you're doing the same with other people, you're the guy who wants to have fun not allowing everybody else to have fun.
>>
>>50589459
>ok I guess if you think it's funny to turn 3 get ride of someone and then lose the game
or they could just build a deck that can put a single creature out early. someone does not play enchantment hate im going to polay enchantments, if someone doesnt have a way to deal with artifacts im going to play artifacts. its the most basic shit ever to understand. clearly you are not understanding though, no use wasting more time on someone who obviously cannot grasp basic concepts of the game
>>
My group house-rules Infect at 20 as well.
Giving your creatures quadruplestrike-but-better with player damage just usually meant one person got targeted by the Infect player and wiped out really early and then the other two immediately killed the Infect player.

Works well at 20, for us. I mean, it definitely neuters it as a central strategy, but it still makes appearances, usually in the form of more than one person getting hit early for some middling amount of infect damage and then are put on a gradual clock by Proliferating effects or making Skittles unblockable and stuff like that.
>>
>>50589511
what? they could quite literally have fun if they just put in lower drop creatures, its not a hard conecpt. it would be literally no different if i were to play a mega aggro gruul deck and focus someone. the only reason you care is because its the infect mechanic killing you which becomes infinitely more useless the later the game goes on. if you dont put a way to deal with enchantments in your deck and then get mad at someone for playing enchantments are you going to try to enforce a rule that gimps enchantments?
>>
File: check 3.jpg (25KB, 300x245px) Image search: [Google]
check 3.jpg
25KB, 300x245px
>>50589518

Well just talk about that to your friends and see if they like the idea.

Either way it's you or them but something is gonna change. See if your side of the rope is the weaker one.

And I can say the same about you, you don't understand me and your playgroup as I don't understand you, it's useless.
>>
>>50589538
>>50589554
There's a difference losing on turn 10-15 to losing on turn 3-4 when you can't even wipe the board properly
>>
>>50589518
your deck's entire purpose is to kill somebody early and then do nothing. you're not trying to exploit the meta to win, you're trying to ruin somebodies shot at winning and basically concede from that point. fuck off mang.
>>
File: image.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>50589518
I'm sure you play no cards that give trample to get around early drops yes of course
>>
>>50589554
i care because you don't play to win or have some neat interactions, you play to fuck somebody over with no hope of winning. it really isn't about infect vs. other aggro
>>
File: End post.gif (2MB, 400x374px) Image search: [Google]
End post.gif
2MB, 400x374px
>>50589578

End the thread right now
>>
>>50589575
>>50589578
>>50589593
so basically what your saying is that there is literally no way to not die against infect then? wow, i guess thats why everyone plays it right?

fucking idiots
>>
>>50589578
>your stopping other people from having fun
>you need to stop having fun so i can

you have the logical consistency of a child
>>
The shitposting seems to be in full swing

How long until nude Chandra, scarred puma, gosta dirk, and custom legendaries show up?
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 389x369px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 389x369px
>>50589622
Anon stop acting like a spastic you said yourself the deck doesn't win it just kills 1 person
>>
File: 1362886646260.jpg (56KB, 473x407px) Image search: [Google]
1362886646260.jpg
56KB, 473x407px
I swore I was in the modern thread for a second with how many people are arguing about infect right now.

>>50589653
>nude Chandra
fuck that fire-crotch I want nude Lily
>>
What's up with this massive influx of late-night shitposting over the last few threads? Alesha got a few anons turbo-triggered the other night
>>
>>50589641

Ok just play alone so you can have fun alone and you playgroup can have fun by themselves.

Again it's either you or them and guess what? you're the minority with the most autistic mechanic in mtg
>>
>>50589679
> you said yourself the deck doesn't win it just kills 1 person
incorrect, i will concede the argument if you can show me where i said that
>>
File: 4cb.jpg (72KB, 1438x861px) Image search: [Google]
4cb.jpg
72KB, 1438x861px
It's begun.
>>
File: cuck.png (51KB, 1251x179px) Image search: [Google]
cuck.png
51KB, 1251x179px
>>50589694
>>
>>50589694
Not him and not sure if :
>>50588890 is you
>i rarely win with my infect decks but i am usually the first to kill someone.
>>
File: 1454941853839.png (54KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1454941853839.png
54KB, 625x626px
>>50589695
indeed
>>
>>50589689
well realistically they all play at my place and half of them use my decks so that wont happen. but honestly if you are actually defending not evolving your deck to a point where you dont die to a single strategy that happens every time that is easily beaten by not having your entire deck consist of 4+ drops then you are an idiot and replacing you in the play group wont be hard, clearly you would never adapt to any deck and would end up being toxic as fuck no matter what deck i make
>>
So is Zada just a meme or actually an enjoyable commander? I've wanted to play mono red for awhile now, first edh deck my friend taught me how to play with was his purphoros build so it would kinda be like going back
>>
>>50589622
i'm not saying that infect is unbeatable. i'm trying to convey that i think it's cancer, and i don't like playing against it. it attacks in a different enough angle that you start losing other matchups to prepare for it just to be able to not die on turn 3 and that's not fun.
>>
>>50589717
>>50589719
>never win
>rarely win
what is it like having 2nd grade at best reading skills? jsut because something doesnt win every game does not mean it cant win and that winning with it is unenjoyable. please read a book
>>
>>50589745
Zada's fun, but a one-trick pony. If you're fine with that, go for it.
>>
>>50589753
but you literally are, you are literally saying that. your entire argument is that i should stop playing infect because you cant figure out a way to put a lower curve on your creatures or put in spot removal
>>
>>50589745
Any commander is enjoyable if you... you know, enjoy it. I love playing my budget Kalemne Voltron/giant tribal. It's not great, but I really enjoy it.

If you want to play mono red like a man, it's Coldeyes or go home.
>>
>>50589742

yeah because you surely don't have trample and surely 1 drops matters.

Infect is tier 1 in all formats because it's hard to deal with. Every deck that can win on turn 2-3-4 is hard to deal with. If you say it's ez to deal with you're the stupid one.
>>
File: retard alert 2.gif (480KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
retard alert 2.gif
480KB, 493x342px
>>50589763

>rarely
>>
>>50589787
it's not unbeatable, but to not lose to it i have to make the rest of the game less enjoyable for myself. so either way i'm not having fun because i died on turn 3 or i'm having less fun playing with cards i don't like. so by playing infect you just made my experience less fun. i don't like infect for that reason.
>>
>>50589832
nice counter argument you got there, run out of idiocy i take it?
>>
>>50589779
I've played plenty of one-trick decks so I don't think it would bother me.

>>50589790
I originally started planning to do Norin as a mono-red commander but it seems a little too expensive rn and I don't want to sell my combofrog deck to my lgs.

Zada would have to be a budget build, but it would be a nice change from combo'ing out on turn 4 with frog.
>>
File: yeah-sure-whatever-lszo8i.jpg (45KB, 600x511px) Image search: [Google]
yeah-sure-whatever-lszo8i.jpg
45KB, 600x511px
>>50589855
Yeah dude, you're the genius here
>>
>>50589848
>it's not unbeatable, but to not lose to it i have to make the rest of the game less enjoyable for myself
put in some lower curved shit, you are literally defeating yourself. you are the one who cant beat or deal with something that does the exact same thing every single time. you are basically a child smashing hit face against a wall that get upset it still hurts every time
>>
stop calling eachother morons and talk about EDH.
>>
Is 40 lands, 60 creatures Ruric Thar at all viable or should I build it more like a traditional big agro deck and just accept the occasional damage?
>>
>>50588890
I've never personally died to infect damage in any game of commander, but I don't think that your play group's solution should be to up the lethal infect counters from 10 to 20. They should adjust to the meta and include more answers to infect. Plain and simple.
>>
>>50589886
nice counter argument you have there again. if you feel like continuing the conversation with an actual rational thought ill be here
>>
>>50589895
i put low curve shit in my deck and i don't lose to infect. my point here is that by doing that i'm having less fun, so whether or not i'm getting beat by infect i'm having less fun because it's there.
>>
>>50589745

Zada is fun, but fragile. You NEED her out, and you need to keep her protected, and you need a board presence, ALL in arguably the second worst mono-color. High powered she is not, but she excels in explosive wins and is arguable mid power level.

But, besides the basic "Turn pumps and cantrips into anthems and massive card draw" general idea, there's a lot of ways you can build her. Chaos effects like Possibility Storm and Grip of Chaos barely hinder her due to her abilities wording, and she can win through pure combat damage or mana hyms leading to fireballs (Or the classic arcbond + damage combo while you have the most life or a glacial chasm out). I've even seen a deck with a chance encounter subtheme.

Basically, she's pretty fun, and while you are restricted to definitely putting in your pumps and cantrips, there are a LOT of interesting ways to build from there. Due to her abilities versatility, you can count on almost ever set giving her new toys as well, which is nice.
>>
>>50589904
holy shit someone with some sense. the rest of this thread could learn a lot from you
>>
>>50589925
>>50589933

Samefag
>>
File: enter the infinite.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
enter the infinite.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>50589899
59 creatures anon. you need to make room for one spell.
>>
>>50589899
If you have a combo-heavy meta I would say that you should run green artifact/enchantment hate and mass removal in red for combo-creatures. Or at least creatures like acidic slime that have good ETB effects.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (14KB, 425x125px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
14KB, 425x125px
>>50589940
sure
>>
File: Screenshot (85).png (50KB, 852x471px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (85).png
50KB, 852x471px
>>50589940
[citation needed]
>>
>>50589925
participation trophy kid: the post
>>
>>50589863
If you're looking for budget monored, honestly you could do a lot worse than Lovisa Coldeyes. You could easily build a deck where almost nothing is over a dollar. I've seen one in action and it's surprisingly effective, all things considered.
>>
File: image.jpg (163KB, 1396x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163KB, 1396x1280px
>>50589957
a champion of both inspect element and infect Edh
>>
>>50589932
Arguably the second worst? Which is the first worst? White?
>>
>>50589932
Thanks! I honestly didn't get why people were playing her up as a great commander until I realized the amount of cantrip spells you can copy for so cheap, so that's direction I went in initially with the deck. If I could sink some more money into it I would like to have it be more chaotic with all of the crazy enchantments and run cute stuff like snow mountains and skred for fun.
>>
>>50589948
and an enchantment that gives all your creatures haste.
>>
>>50589948
Putting my entire deck on the table scares me.
Hold me.

>>50589955
Exactly what I was thinking, yeah. Seems like the hardest part would be card draw.
>>
>>50589913
I'm not even a part of the argument,but for fuck's sake,use some basic grammar you absolute mongatron.
>>
>>50590013
I can't even imagine not running a sylvan library in green. You do have things like Elvish Visionary though if it makes you feel better.
>>
ITT: /pol/tards that can't into MTG
>>
Made my first commander deck, it's a mono-white Odric deck that uses keywords to do stuff.

I need a bit of advice, since this deck has trouble dealing with counters/typical control. The only option I have is either wait for a removal or overwhelm the control player by throwing out too much shit thanks to 3.45 CMC average.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-suck-4/
>>
>>50590003

White is undoubtedly the west in this humble poster's opinion, yes.
>>
File: Image (90).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (90).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50590012
>enchantment
>>
>>50590060
that works, too. Especially if you intend to primal surge it out.
>>
>>50590013
>putting my entire deck on the table scares me
if it scares you anon, think of how terrified your opponents will be. besides, you should be able to get some utility creatures to protect your board (deck) once you vomit it all out.
>>
>>50590050
Needs more answers imo. Should be running Swords to Plowshares, Path to Exile, and Wrath of God for spot and mass removal.

If you wait for removal or throw shit at the control player you're just playing exactly how he wants you to. Politicking is a big part of edh just try to make someone else's board-state look way more threatening so they use their resources on them while you set up.
>>
File: laughng girl.gif (3MB, 377x372px) Image search: [Google]
laughng girl.gif
3MB, 377x372px
>>50589899
100% powered Ruric "this deck costs $1500" Thar has like 20 non creatures and lands. Gruul is like midtier in terms of utility.

>>50590013
Proxy up manaless dredge and learn how it works. Your entire deck and graveyard on the table.
>>
>>50590034
Yeah, it's mostly just for flavor reasons. I want a GRUUL SMASH PUNY WIZARD MAN deck with no SOFT and WEAK spells in it.
>>
>>50590057
It's arguably a better supplemental color than red because it has answers to more things. But as a color to focus on, white is pretty bad.
>>
>>50590013

You can stop at any time and resolve the spell.Try going a little bit further each time
>>
>>50590098
That's fair. Flavor decks are always fun but if you play a few games with it and find yourself not having enough card draw definitely put something like a skullclamp or sylvan library in.
>>
>>50590067
Honestly what I see happening is someone forcing me to draw at instant speed. I know a guy who likes his Nekusar deck a lot.
>>
>>50590117
>may
Oh shit, you can. Hmm. That changes things.
>>
>>50589898
I feel like this post should be the OP picture and edition for at least the next week.
>>
File: 1365286538805.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1365286538805.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>50590138
>put whole deck on the table.
>Cyclonic rift overload.
>Move to cleanup.
>>
>>50590050

return to dust, reveillark, Karmic Guide, false prophet, March of Souls, Mentor of the meek, Relic seeker, Open the Armory are good budget options
>>
>EDH
>Not "X/U Control wins all the time"
>>
File: Image (91).jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (91).jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>50590050
this chick is an auto include for any Odric 2.0 deck

if you have the dosh for it, cavern of souls would be a worthwhile tool

Emeria Shepherd, Odric 1.0, Land Tax + Scroll Rack are also nice. Return to Dust is a personal auto include for anything running white

Extraplanar Lens + Snow Covered Plains and or Endless Horizons can help with mana problems

I agree with other anons that removal is possibly one of the best things you can add since White is so good at it
>>
>>50590141
Here ya go.
>>
>>50590160
>what is reliquary tower
>>
Looking to build my first EDH deck and I want to start simple and build around a Purphoros, God of the Forge.

How are the theroes gods as commanders?

Do I have to play goblins?
>>
>>50590160
Ok, new plan. Thar, some spells, but it's all blue hate. "If our chief kills us, no matter. We die like MEN!"
>>
>>50590050

Monowhite sucks at card drawing so if you can spend more money into more tutors or get more value out of your creatures you're in nice shape.

http://www.metamox.com/tag/tutors/ Can help you alot
>>
>>50590179
A weak card for PUNY men. GRUUL tears DOWN the towers. GRUUL cannot SPELL reliquary.
>>
>>50590189
Norin the Wary is Purph's butt-buddy
>>
>>50590189
Boy let me tell you about Purphoros and how god damn good he can be. Purphoros is THE Theros God commander to build.

You don't have to play Goblins but why wouldn't you? You have so many juicy cards and enchantments that just shit out goblins and get all of those Purphoros triggers. Play Norin, the Wary and just win my man.
>>
>>50590228
>GRUUL tears DOWN the towers. GRUUL cannot SPELL reliquary.
This made me smile
>>
>>50590228
I mean lets be real, Reliquary tower is a Commander staple no matter what kind of flavor-town you're running.
>>
File: Dolan.png (63KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
Dolan.png
63KB, 500x498px
>>50590265
Rakdos Hellbent tribal
>>
>>50590234
Is he worth the ~$6?

My friends all play pretty casually and I am hoping to drop ~$100 to see if I want to get more into this format.

They play Multiplayer and I have tried using a Voral (Double 1/1 counters) and Jarad but Purphorous hitting each opponent makes him stand out to me.

>>50590243
I don't really like goblins all that much, having some spells that make them and a few of the nice ones would be cool but I do not want a full tribal deck.

Alternatively I could buy the 2014 precon for $35 from my friend and use that as my base. It is still in the box and hasn't been opened.
>>
>>50590287
it lets you keep your cards in hand for your discard outlets. :^)
>>
File: 52.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
52.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>50590160
>put whole deck on table
>oh look one of several "it's my turn back the fuck off!?!?" green cards somehow ended up on my board
>blue player looks at rift in hand and scoops
>>
File: platinum angel.jpg (33KB, 234x320px) Image search: [Google]
platinum angel.jpg
33KB, 234x320px
>>50590013
>Putting my entire deck on the table scares me.
Well then change your panties, get a fresh tampon out of your purse, and Platty here will hold your hand until you finish resolving all the ETB triggers.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurge/

>>50590160
Dosan
>>
>>50590321
he's practically immune to spell-based removal and can almost gauruntee a purph trigger each turn, for R. I would say so. My friend runs him as the commander and Purph in the 99 and does pretty well

Impact Tremors, Warstorm Surge, and Rite of the Raging Storm are also other candidates
>>
File: 4WABqQpTjv_EN[1].png (189KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
4WABqQpTjv_EN[1].png
189KB, 265x370px
I've seen interesting things done with every other 4-color commander, but nothing interesting with Saskia. Just seems like mostly basic aggro stuff, which from my experience kind of sucks ass.

Anyone seen anything cool done with her?
>>
>>50590560
>Name Yourself
>hold onto Phyrexian unlife/angel's grace
>Cast Repay In Kind
>????
>PROFIT!
>>
>>50590600
Just play Selenia.
>>
File: Sidar.png (129KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Sidar.png
129KB, 223x311px
For knight tribal, there's no other choice than this and Vial Smasher, right? Gotta get them black knights for sure, but do I need red? What about blue and Rafiq?
>>
>>50590632
but then how will you get the juicy anti-blue Gruul tech?
>>
>>50590600
That actually is a pretty interesting idea, nicely done.
>>
>>50590658
There's lots of red knights. None are very good iirc but you're playing knight tribal. I'm assuming that isn't an issue. There's blood knight at the very least.
>>
>>50590658
>Not playing sidar/ikra big booty bitches tribal
>>
File: roon.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
roon.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Thinking of scavenging too powerful Brago and too boring Atarxa into a Roon deck, thoughts?

Any tips for Roon fun?
>>
>>50590600
i dont get it
>>
>>50590600
>not just casting near-death experience after angel's grace
>>
>>50591191
knock yourself into negative life then set everyone else's life total equal to yours
>>
File: 1475379834954.gif (2MB, 154x273px) Image search: [Google]
1475379834954.gif
2MB, 154x273px
On one hand I understand the importance of board wipes, but jesus christ is it annoying to get wiped three turns in a row. It's like, after all that bullshit I just can't recover anymore.

I'm also trying to figure out if there's anything I can do to keep the guys I usually play with from just straight up ass fucking me the instant Master Transmuter or Goblin Welder touch the table. Playing an artifact creature deck is fun, but christ it earns me a lot of hate.

As someone who has nothing really outside of current Standard cards and stuff to enhance the Breya precon, what type of deck should I explore next? Has to be cheap-ish, preferably under $50-60.
>>
>>50591336
>Master Transmuter
You deserve everything that comes to you.

You're in White & Black. Recurring weenies should be a non-issue.
>>
>>50591336
Play Sharuum, add $60 worth of combo pieces and counterspells to protection them.

Then when you have the money start getting the better counterspells and tutors.

Otherwise $50 -$60 for a deck from scratch will be very underpowered in all but the most casual of casual settings.
>>
>>50591377
Don't hate the Transmuter. What's so wrong with bouncing a Spine in and out with a Panharmonicon on the table?

:^)

>>50591410
Sharuum is already in the Breya deck. I've added maybe $40-50 worth of stuff to it so far. It's not very strong, but pretty fun. I lack a real strong 'win' condition outside of infinite turn/thopter niggery, but I don't want to blow a ton of money on a blightsteel or something.

And yeah, I know about the cost. I just really don't feel good about dumping $200 on a commander deck all at once, especially since it fucks with my magic budget for the month.
>>
>nigga keeps telling everyone who plays Breya to play Sharuum instead
BACK THE FUCK OFF!?!?!?
>>
File: Cccombos.gif (194KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
Cccombos.gif
194KB, 250x141px
>>50591410
>Mfw I got all my friends into commander and they hated my competitive Sharuum and Creature-less Melek

I had those two great competitive decks and I was able to break them apart into 4 other decks (MonoU, UB, UW, UR) that can all hold their own pretty well after a minimal investment.

100% Do not regret, much more fun playing with friends than the same top 3 everyweek.

I need to build Orzhov (but we already have a Vish kol Player and I dont want Vampires) to use up my last good dual land kit from Sharuum but I also want to build mono R but mostly because those are the only 3 sets of Full Art lands I have after making UG

/blog

TL;DR : I need to make an Orzhov deck because I broke up Sharuum.
>>
>>50591480
What does a competitive Sharuum deck look like?
>>
>>50591518
Tutors, Counterspells, Combo Pieces & WinCons ontop of a solid Land Base/Artifact Ramp
>>
File: dumb.jpg (54KB, 499x375px) Image search: [Google]
dumb.jpg
54KB, 499x375px
>>50591518
>>
File: reigen.jpg (119KB, 1045x650px) Image search: [Google]
reigen.jpg
119KB, 1045x650px
So I'm trying to improve the Yidris precog deck, but I really have no idea where to start.

Please keep in mind I'm on a budget
>>
>>50591636
Possibility Storm.
>>
File: Image (75).jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (75).jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>50591636
makes fliers a non-issue
>>
>>50591518
something like this:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sharuum-gives-zero-s/
>>
File: prof.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
prof.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>50591518
>>
>>50591821
SOME MAGIC THE GATHERING PLAYERS ASK THE QUESTION...
>>
File: I'll do my best.jpg (30KB, 577x233px) Image search: [Google]
I'll do my best.jpg
30KB, 577x233px
>>50591639
>>50591702
Thanks! I'll definitely have to add those. I'm also probably going to add Hypergenesis, Rashmi Eternities Crafter, Dark Ritual, Acidic Slime, and Birds of Paradise.
>>
File: kynaios and tiro.jpg (135KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
kynaios and tiro.jpg
135KB, 768x432px
so my first game with these guys was a shocking success!!

the deck performed incredibly

>first 4 turns are kinda sad, no green mana, hand full of awesome green ramp, but i drop dictate of kruphix and rhystic study
>nobody pays for rhystic study because we're all drawing a million cards
>all opponents off to nice starts, feeling the love from those extra cards
>my turn 5 starts, i draw that magical city of brass
>i cast prismatic omen, into heartbeat of spring, into exploration, into arcane laboratory
>2 opponents cant remove arcane lab, their turns are ruined even though they have endless mana and cards
>third opponent smugly removes arcane lab and plays more stuff
>back to me, i play mirari's wake and argothian enchantress and then chain together a string of enchantments including ghostly prison and greater auramancy and finishing with eidolon of rhetoric
>nobody can do anything about my position, sitting on 7 cards and 20 mana
>third opponent at least removes greater auramancy using his one spell that turn
>my turn comes back around, i oblivion ring eidolon of rhetoric, then chain together an absurd number of enchantments finally drawing my opalescence + parallax wave combo
>everybody scoops

soooo much fun! (for me)

they were feeling that group hug

here is list, i think i might actually have too much card draw and i can scale it back a bit

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/enchanted-morning-1/
>>
How do people feel about the battle/tango lands?
>>
>>50589385
>ok? its still fun to play

fucking kill yourself you level 2 dumbass, edh isn't your personal playground
>>
>>50592221

i dont like the name 'tango lands' but i like the lands

i call them BFZ lands or bofa lands (bofa deez basics), and i think they are auto-include in 2 colors, and a decent budget option in 3+ colors

i have some in my 4 color deck because they are cheap and i havent acquired all 6 of the shocks just yet, i usually play them tapped but it also usually doesnt matter. if they are in the opener, i can afford to play a turn 1 tapland. if i draw them later, i often have 2 basics or dont need to play them anyway because i have enough lands
>>
File: 1470851851580.jpg (39KB, 492x388px) Image search: [Google]
1470851851580.jpg
39KB, 492x388px
>>50590510
>"it's my turn back the fuck off!?!?" green cards
why did this make me kek so hard
>>
New Thread
>>50592298
New Thread
>>50592298
New Thread
>>50592298
>>
>>50590510

>"it's my turn back the fuck off!?!?"

kek

city of solitude is my favorite one of those because the art is dope
>>
>>50592288
I have all the relevant shocks in my Breya deck.

Do you think the 3 relevant tangos (sorry, I love the name) have a place in there somewhere?
>>
>>50592316
"Tango lands" = fedora.
>>
>>50592500
Okay.

Do you have an actual answer?
Thread posts: 385
Thread images: 80

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.