[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 464
Thread images: 74

File: carnac.jpg (806KB, 873x876px) Image search: [Google]
carnac.jpg
806KB, 873x876px
We're all Carnac now edition.

>Previous Thread
>>50575784

>Freshest Rules:
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

>Outdated FAQs and Errata:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List Builder if you want us to talk to you about your list
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Universal Filter Cheatbox
>Warhammer 40k General
>Warhammer 40,000 General
>Warhammer 40000 General
>>
>>50577826
First for >"The war is over, Diocletian. Win or lose, Horus has damned us all. Mankind will share in his ignorance until the last man or woman draws the species' last breath. The warp will forever be a cancer in the heart of all humans. The Imperium may last a hundred years, or a thousand, or ten thousand. But it will fall, Diocletian. It will fall. The shining path is lost to us. Now we rage against the dying of the light." - The Emperor

Chaos wins. Nids, Necrons, Orks, Eldar and Tau are all destroyed. Chaos wins. End of. So you're just jobbers.
>>
>>50577855
>mfw I orignally wrote that to get (You)'s pretending to be Carnac
>mfw I have spawned a meme

Good, now you know this, you'll stop posting it.
>>
Second for I am alpharius
>>
File: 1465375338309.jpg (74KB, 498x441px) Image search: [Google]
1465375338309.jpg
74KB, 498x441px
(remade for new bread) Every now and again I ask, but it's been a while so I figure why the hell not.

You don't have to believe me, but I'm the guy who started the 40k generals, sometimes I wonder if I helped /tg/ or hurt it, and feel kinda bad

did I doom or help the board guys? I know the other generals started because of this one, and I feel like some of them are worth something

Also in my defense, I think eventually someone would have started the generals other than me, but I don't know it for sure

What I do know is whoever picked up the mantle after I quit making them, took it seriously, they're the ones that started posting all the info and shit, I just sort of titled 40k general and left it at that
>>
Best way for Deathwatch to beat Tau on the tabletop?
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 325x355px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 325x355px
>>50577826
>that entire last thread
>mfw
Let's hope this one ends on a brighter note.
>>50577895
I think it's a mixed bag, Anon. There's some good out of the general but maybe if some Anons could behave it wouldn't be so bad.
>>
>>50577925
Metal models and a good arm
>>
>>50577826
Doing a death guard themed nurgle army, 750 points for a small free for all

Unclean one – 280
Psyker 3
2 Greater Rewards

1 Herald of Nurgle - 155
Palaquin
Psyker 2
Greater Reward

5 Havocs - 135
1 Sergeant
Mark of Nurgle
Missile Launcher
3 Autocannons

5 Chaos Marines – 90
Mark of Nurgle
Heavy Bolter

5 Chaos Marines – 90
Mark of Nurgle
Heavy Bolter

However I am unsure whether to swap the GUO for Typhus with 10 zombies? Any advice?
>>
>>50577975
Also with Plague marines hitting in at 24 PPM and Death guard basic marines 16 PPM is there really any reason to take plague marines now? Aside from poisoned CC
>>
>>50577895
I think it's for the best, keeps discussion about a new announcement to fewer threads, and the board gets a bit more breathing room from 40k fags
>>
>>50577994

No.
>>
>starting a pointless thread war
GET IN HERE
>>50577788
>>50577788
>>
File: world-eaters.png (378KB, 800x845px) Image search: [Google]
world-eaters.png
378KB, 800x845px
I'm thinking of coming back to 40k because I heard World Eaters are getting some cool rules and can finally shut down Psychic powers along with cool legion rules.

I dropped my Khorne Berzerker lists because it was impossible to actually get stuck in and chaos became the "cultists + Lord and heldrake" faction which was AWFUL. Then Grav completely made my Land Raiders irrelevant, which kind of sucked considering I ran 2.

But I built a Legion World Eaters army a couple years back that I played 40k with and had a blast. The Landraiders can repair Immobilization and are immune to the melta, the marines get chainaxes and feel cool, Red Butchers are solid killy. It's pretty flavorful, but I miss my blood red murderers.

What is the state of Chaos Space Marines? Is it worth coming back to chaos and playing 40k World Eaters, or just fix up the 30k marines I have and update them with the legion list.

Can a marine focused CSM force actually work in current 40k? I keep being told that its all about the deamons now, but I don't want to spam bloodthirsters with hounds and I always hated the new sculpts for the bloodletters.
>>
>>50578073
They were made within minutes of each other anon, it's not a war it's a mistake.
>>
>>50578073
I'm getting mixed signals >>50578084
>>
How does everybody rate the Storm Warden fluff? I think fantasy flight did a decent job compared to relic and their magpies.
>>
>>50578102
I think it's the same faggot actually trying to start a thread war.
>>
>>50578108
It must be Carnac
>>
>>50578108
Fucking Carnac.
>>
Is there any way to run:

>CSM based around standard troop marines
>Footslogging

Because my favourite Chaos unit is just standard Chaos Marines, but I really don't like vehicle based armies.
>>
>>50578106
It's not like it's hard to be better than Relic in fluff-writing.
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines 1000pts.jpg (77KB, 900x441px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines 1000pts.jpg
77KB, 900x441px
>>50577826
Hey guys have a casual games night in a few days and was planning on running this list. Didn't get enough feedback last thread so I'm asking again.

This list all good and viable? I went for something fluffy by using the Rubrics and was wondering if this would punish me?
>>
>>50578171
You will make ass blast them so heard they will be coughing up shit for weeks.
>>
>>50578163
Having Rhinos for each squad is not "vehicle-based".
>>
>>50578171

>casual games
>Magnus in 1k

here's your (You)
>>
>>50578150
The rate this is going they're going to meme him into an in-universe character. Sorcerer of Tzeentch I bet.
>>
>>50578168
METAL BAWKSEZ
>>
>>50578189

Still, I want a footslogging army.

Can it be done?
>>
>>50578171
It'd be a whole lot fluffier if you replaced the rubrics with some pink horrors.
>>
>>50578200
He's already a character http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Carnac_Commodus
Of all the things no one expected him to be a Red Cosasir.
>>
How would /tg/ rank the new legion rules/detachments?

Gotta say Alpha legion score 10/10 on pure in-character troll-faced shenanigans.
>>
>>50578207
No. Fottsloging marines are just too slow for objective-based games, and everyone plays objective games nowadays.
>>
>>50578055
>unless you have your oponent's express permission to do so in such a small game.
Nigga you don't need permission to run whatever you want. Bring a list with whatever.

It doesn't stop some smacktard from bringing wraithknights so I'm not gonna bitch if somebody brings Magnus.
>>
File: Chaos Daemons - 1000pts.jpg (61KB, 900x471px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Daemons - 1000pts.jpg
61KB, 900x471px
>>50578214
Is this better and more fluffy? Guess it does make for a nice demon invasion theme.
>>
>>50578265
Looking good anon, hope you have fun with it.
>>
>"I've not played 40k for years! Shame I sold all my old models. Oh well, at least I get a chance to start a new army!"
>"Oh cool, Thousand Sons are getting updated with cool plastic models! They're my favourite legion, and I always said I'd play them if they got plastic models!"
>They're a dumpster fire of an army that relies on having more daemons than marines.

why do bad things happen to good people /tg/
>>
>>50578280
I just hope everyone has fun, some of the guys going only bought dark vengeance a week ago and this will be their first game night. Want to make it as enjoyable, fun and laid back as possible.
>>
>>50578264
the thing is, you kinda need permission from your opponent to play a big creature or your opponent's just not going to play. then you won't be able to use it.
>>
>>50578207
If psychic powers were more reliable Or if the Thousand sons were less shit I'd suggest making some janky list involving a bunch of Ectomancy Sorcerers rolling for Soul Switch and Ghost storm and then comboing that with Bikes and Discs of Tzeentch to move your army.

Currently the best I think you can do is to use Daemonic allies to capture forward objectives and then use your CSM to hold your side of the board.
>>
>>50578298
Because being a bad guy pays
>>
>>50578298
It kinda sucks because I think what happened is they nerfed the army overall so that they could make Magnus really good, without realising that nobody is going to let you play Magnus in smaller games and smaller games are what most people play.
>>
>>50578317
>Nerfed.

Are they worse than they were?
>>
>>50578257
Well most people haven't had a chance to play with them yet, but we already know that EC,DG and AL are probably pretty high on the list.
>>
>>50578305
An opponent refusing a game isn't the same as asking for permission to use something.

Never stops any of the top tier armies bringing top tier units even for fluffy reasons and fuck, it's not like Chaos Marines shouldn't finally get to use their nice, actually good models for a change.
>>
>>50578339
Where can I see the leaks?
>>
>>50578336
well, not really, but i mean overall, while they were deliberating what they could've had, they decided to keep them shitty in order to justify having such a fucking rapemachine of a model in there.
>>
File: Why is this even a thing.jpg (40KB, 800x726px) Image search: [Google]
Why is this even a thing.jpg
40KB, 800x726px
>>50578171
>TFW you've been playing 30k for the past 2 years
>In 30k there is a limitation on how many LOW you can take
> You also cant take them if they cost more then a quarter of your armies cost
>Means that I cant even play my primarch in anything short of 1850pts
>Thinking of coming back to 40k
>Primarch Demon Prince in 1000pt game

Guys... I just started to think of coming back... don't remind me of why I left already...
>>
>>50578336
Still overprived
Still are only good for killing MEQs in the open
New weapons are useless
No in-built psycjic batteries or ways to scale psychic phase well - i.e. the more psykers you have the lest efficient they are.
They're not better, not worse. Just at the same shit level with more options to make them another shade of shit.
>>
>>50578356
Or they decided to make new units that added to old ones instead od radically changing them.
>>
>>50578350
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Chaos_Space_Marines(7E)#The_Legions
>>
>>50578305
Banning lord of wars only applies to some of them.
Tau stormsurges are heavy support so even if you ban lords of war the local Tau player can bring as many stormsurges as he has points...
>>
>>50578363
Thank you for taking time out of you important life of playing a superior game just to tell us that.

Kitchen, heat, get out, all that.
>>
>years of gaming with my fluffy Legion
>stubbornly mono-mark, no exception
>no units of which I don't like the models (like Heldrakes and Obliterators)
>get destroyed at first
>play every week, watch battle reports, learn all the rules
>After years of beating, I became good
>Dominating in LGS
>I manage to get half chart in tournaments in my city two years in a row, which was a mighty fine result for fluffy CSM
>Legions rules arrive with a serious buff
>I just roflstomped a Tau like it was nothing

You created a monster
I am pain
I AM INVICIBLE

>>50578082
Come Khornate cousin!
Set aside our disagreements and let's burn this Galaxy together!
>>
>>50578264
>My opponent cant tell me no if he doesn't like my list

We found the American player
>>
>>50578389
>>Legions rules arrive with a serious buff
>>I just roflstomped a Tau like it was nothing
That adamantium will really help keep the Tau psykers of-balance, and furious charge makes all the difference vs elite mel...
>>
Anyone leaked what the rules are for the Eradication Cohort yet? I'm tempted to pick one up but am wary of the Electro shitters.
>>
>>50578363
I agree and I've never played 30k but been a 40k player for 8 years.

Game would be better with these restrictions in place.
If you wanna play a silly list with big models at low point cost, then get your mates to agree.
>>
>>50578406
They are battleforces, not necessarily formations.
>>
>>50578363
30k is like 40k babyz.
It's 40k but with the power levels cranked all the way down.

It's like dragon ball compared to dragon ball z.
>>
>>50578389

I want to be like you, man.

I really love the idea of playing CSM, but I really hate all the stuff in them that are good, like heldrakes and obliterators.

I just want marines, dammit. Stop diluting what makes CSM cool.
>>
>>50578419
Well that's a pretty good analogy seeing as DB's plot moves and it's actually good.
>>
>>50578415
Store page says they come with a formation to field them as a standalone army.

It fits with what they did with the Start Collecting! boxes, just buy that thing and you're technically ready to go.

I mean, it's the only way they could justify putting Electro Priests in there, because otherwise they would never get used.
>>
>>50577826
Just saying this: the GW FAQ links are updated fine. Not old or outdated. No reason to link to community at all.
>>
>>50578298
Just homebrew my man, that's what I've always done as a Thousand Sons Veteran.

Here's the latest version of my "fix" that I had available on my laptop, later I'll post the more finished version with an updated discipline of Tzeentch and less typos.

One idea I'm toying around with is making Siphon Magic into the Tzeentch Primaris.
>>
>>50578415
It's been stated by GW that they will be formations.

Otherwise they all would be unplayable.
>>
>>50578336
>Their sorcerers can only have force staffs, all of the older models have force swords, no you cannot switch them out

>You no longer have Bolt of Change reliably to pop vehicles, you have to rely on Str5 Assault cannons or one shot Str 9 attacks from sorcerers.

>Its an army about having ap3 in Coverhammer.

>Your still priced at 23 points per marine and cant even overwatch

>The Terminators can only have powerswords, because when you have ap3 bolters you REALLY need ap3 weapons to go along with it... Seriously, Mark of Tzeentch terminators are just always better.

>Magnus is WAY to powerful for normal play and so people wont want to play against him.

Its depressively bad, especially in the wake of other great books recently. They had the chance to REALLY make them amazing, but they wasted that opportunity.
>>
>>50578200
Nah, undivided sorcerer in league with be'lakor
>>
File: file.png (80KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
80KB, 800x600px
>>50578450
>>
>>50578455

My group isn't that kind of group. If they let me homebrew, they're all going to turn up with their own homebrew and it'll start an arms race.

So instead I need to decide if I'm OK with playing an army where I get tabled every game, or compromise and play an army I don't enjoy but have a chance at not doing terribly.
>>
>>50578466
ARE THEY WORSE THAN THEY WERE IN THE INSTANCE BEFORE THE SUPPLEMENT?
>>
>>50578207

With WE
>>
File: IMG_0639.png (359KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0639.png
359KB, 800x600px
>>50577826
For Genestealer Cults, what's the better core choice to run? Brood Cycle seems
more powerful, but I feel like Subterranean Assault is the better assault choice, meaning Neophyte Calvacade would be good since it costs way less.
>>
>>50578381
>Tau stormsurges are heavy support
They're LOW m8.

Think Eldar are the only one with a SH / GC as a Heavy Support via the Lynx (?) Tank
>>
>>50578455
I also plan to implement a mechanic where enemy units with Soul Blaze markers have reduced cover saves.

The unexplained "Sorcerer's command" rule that pops up under the Rubrics will allow them Overwatch as long as there is a friendly psyker with the Mark of Tzeentch in their unit.
>>
>>50578400
Well, my Sonic stuff seems to be made to wreck Tau.

You may struggle against them, but you have some fine buff. Everything is Fearless, VotLW for free, and with the detachment and formations you start closer to the enemy and can charge much earlier.

There is a lot of potential.

>>50578428
If I can do it, you can do it too.
You just need to not be discourage when you brutally lose the first times, which is easy if you truly love you Legion.

I always said, if your minis looks amazing and you love them, you win the very second you place them on the field.
>>
>>50578536
>>>50578400(You)
>Well, my Sonic stuff seems to be made to wreck Tau.
>
>You may struggle against them, but you have some fine buff. Everything is Fearless, VotLW for free, and with the detachment and formations you start closer to the enemy and can charge much earlier.
>
>There is a lot of potential.
Sorry for some reason i read you post as being World Eaters.
>>
>>50578536

>I always said, if your minis looks amazing and you love them, you win the very second you place them on the field.

To be fair, yeah, fielding something you love is fun. Taking them back off the board after they do nothing is less so.
>>
>>50578515
Go for the Neophyte Cavalcade. The Brood Cycle demands too much stuff you'd usually prefer to take in other formations - Subterranean Assault for Acolytes/Metamorphs and First Curse for Purestrains. The Neophyte Cavalcade is cheaper and can give you some ranged anti-tank and objective campers to supplement your assault-orientated formations.
>>
>>50578483
Here's an idea, play for a bit with the group as is for a bit, as they see that you keep getting tabled ask if you can get a bit of a handicap/boost as it's clear that GWs rules suck and that if you get to use rules that give you a fighting chance the games will be more fun for everyone.

Alternatively bring Magnus to every game and give them a choice, Homebrew or Magnus.

Or maybe find better people to play with?

Lastly you could always see if there's another army that isn't really weak that interests you? As a big Thousand Sons fan I also really like the new Mechanicus/Skitarii army and they're actually quite powerful, maybe they'd interest you too?
>>
>>50578520
>Think Eldar are the only one with a SH / GC as a Heavy Support via the Lynx (?) Tank

As of the reissued Imperial Armour book, the Lynx isn't a Superheavy any more. It's just AV12 with 5 Hull Points.
>>
>>50578515
Subterranean isn't a core choice for the GSC Decurion, its an Aux choice.
>>
>>50578581

>ask if you can get a bit of a handicap/boost as it's clear that GWs rules suck and that if you get to use rules that give you a fighting chance the games will be more fun for everyone

Nope. They enjoy tabling people. They're not going to make it harder for them to table someone.

>Alternatively bring Magnus to every game and give them a choice, Homebrew or Magnus.

I really don't want to field Magnus, which is what I meant when I was saying I have to compromise and field an army I don't want.

>Or maybe find better people to play with?

If fucking only. I'm trying to find a casual group, but there just doesn't seem to be the support.

>Lastly you could always see if there's another army that isn't really weak that interests you?

And again, the compromise. I want to play 1k Sons and have a good time playing 1k Sons. I'm sure I probably would enjoy playing Mechanicus, but I don't want to spend money on something that isn't the army I want.
>>
>>50578590
I know. I said that taking the Calvacade would be better because I could dedicate more points to better assault formations like the Subterranean assault.

>>50578567
Yeah, that's what I figured. Sadly, I kinda prefer the Acolytes to the Neophytes, built ah well, I can fit them in elsewhere.
>>
>>50578610
>Nope. They enjoy tabling people. They're not going to make it harder for them to table someone.
The group is toxic, leave.
>>
>>50578610
Well shit I don't know what to say then, cause those are your only real choices.

Find better people or find and army that inspires you as much as Thousand Sons are still your best bets in my opinion.
>>
>>50578623

So help me god, I want to. But it's a choice of either play with that group, or don't play, period. I do enjoy modelling/painting, but I'm not going to do it if the models just get tossed into a drawer when they're done.
>>
>>50578637
>I do enjoy modelling/painting
Stick with that.

>it's a choice of either play with that group, or don't play
That's what battered women say
>>
>>50578623
Pretty much this, they sound like cancer incarnate.
>>
Real talk, what role do Orks even have in 40k?

They sort of fit in back in the old days when 40k was more "wacky" but the setting has evolved beyond that and become more serious, Orks have not.

Their terrible rules, their terrible lore.
Why not just get rid of them?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2142x2968px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2142x2968px
Yo, guys. Didn't have much time to check these threads recently, but was Traitor Legions already leaked?
If not, pic related.
>>
>>50578694
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Chaos_Space_Marines(7E)#The_Legions

A lot is there but thee are some gaps you are welcome to fill.
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 970pts.jpg (87KB, 900x441px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 970pts.jpg
87KB, 900x441px
That's a 1k army.

A 1k army with 17 models.

why live /tg/

why live
>>
>>50578694
It would be helpful if you could spell out exactly the auxiliary formation available to the traitor legion "decurions". That's one of the fuzzy bits of info.
>>
>>50578694
A photoset of the book hasn't turn up, to my knowledge. If you've got pictures I'd love to see them.
>>
>>50578715
>three units of overpriced garbage
>overpriced HQ
How does a low model count surprise you in this context?
>>
>>50578688
This stupid and defeatist. They just need a new book.
>>
>>50578400
>That adamantium will really help keep the Tau psykers of-balance

That's not what makes Khorne crazy, its the crazy turn one charge you can pull off.

A lord with Talisman of Burning Blood gives +3 movement and run and charge. Put him on a bike or juggernaught and put him in a Bike unit. The rumored Blood Mad! army rule gives them a 2d6 move after infiltration happens. They then ride forward 12", run d6" and assault with rerolls, nuking the unit they hit. Then, if they rolled the right warlord trait, they can charge on YOUR assault phase, meaning you need to kill them immediately or else they will eat a unit a turn.

And the rest of the army is coming in right after them. Hounds to clog the gunline, Rhino's with normal CSM squads to grab objectives, and probably a Knight to handle any thing the bikes cant deal with.

Khorne is looking like a potentially really viable assault army again.
>>
File: 252345345.jpg (11KB, 250x277px) Image search: [Google]
252345345.jpg
11KB, 250x277px
How unbalanced is 40k? I'm making Necrons and my brother is making an Ork army. Do I need to be mentally deficient to lose?
>>
>>50578768
Yes.
>>
File: WE_Pre-Heresy_Scheme.jpg (337KB, 604x900px) Image search: [Google]
WE_Pre-Heresy_Scheme.jpg
337KB, 604x900px
>>50578688
Orks are a faction that embodies rolling lots of dice and risk taking. They are basically outdated as GW and FW already made a more refined version of the ork playstyle, Legion Astartes World Eaters

Both easily get a hundred attacks on the charge thanks to bonuses and special rules which also buff them, then they become relatively easier to handle.

They both CAN shoot, but its only really to prepare things to be charged or pop transports enemies are hiding in.

Both want to drive right into the enemy with assault vehicles and get stuck in or play huge swarms of basic troopers.

Rely on devastating charges to cripple units and strength of numbers to ensure they can clean them up.

Hit hard on the charge and thus are tactically reliant on making the charge.

Their elite units are two wound terminators

The only difference is that World Eaters are more durable and hit harder with Chain axes. I have a local ork player that built World Eaters the same way he built his orks army wise, filling the same roles and approaches to the game and hasn't come back to his orks since, joking that the Legion rules for World Eaters "ARE the new Ork codex".
>>
>>50578768
Not really if he tarpits you lord and get enough units into close combat, its over
>>
File: image.png (115KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
115KB, 1136x640px
Some anons might remember a few weeks ago when I talked about our local GK player trying to start an arms race and ruin our meta. For those without context, he was playing very well and with the best powers nearly every time so people started refusing him games, then he decided to try convincing our players to go for OP stuff so we'd play him in 1v1's again. The thing is, our meta is at a perfect middle-ground of competitiveness outside of tournaments (which he won't play). I just learned that last weekend he took his first real loss against our SM player who finally made a grav list. He's like 13, inexperienced and tactically lacking too, so I was surprised he out of all other players did this. It was a maelstrom game, and due to terrible and lucky rolls nearly everything got wiped by SM while only the GK player's draigostar survived. You guys called it, he can't deal with better armies and he shouldn't be able to scale his army up without being refused MORE pickup games (he's starting Tzeentch Daemons and getting Magnus though). I got a game scheduled with SM player today, can't wait to hear about it in person. Pic related was my favorite response
>>
>>50578768
>Do I need to be mentally deficient to lose?

Orks are arguably the weakest army in the game. Necrons aren't quite the strongest but they're well in the upper half, and have a reputation for being really frustrating to play against due to how resilient they are. It's not a good combination if you want him to stick with the game and not give up.
>>
>>50578790
>I2
>>
I just want a Chaos Terminator Lord in a terminator unit, a few units of CSM, a Dreadnought and maybe a unit of raptors or bikes.

Except Chaos needs you to specialize and take a very specific list to be even decent. There are no chaos generalists. I might as well just be playing Loyalists and using CSM models, instead of all this dumb shit like Heldrakes they insist on crowbarring in.
>>
>>50578502
No, but they might as well be
>>
>>50578795
Favorite response from the last post*
>>
>>50578694
Can you grab a picture of the Blood Mad! rule for the World Eaters, there is discussion as to whether the rule will work for bikes and raptors as the leaks were kind of vague. Also a better read of Brass collar of Bhorghaster if you can?
>>
>>50578515
Cavalcade. Save the Acolytes and Metamorphs for Subterranean Uprising. The 35 pt. Sentinel tax isn't the best but just cult ambush with it and hope you get lucky so you can set up a juicy Heavy Flamer shot.
>>
>>50578780
>>50578746
Don't, it was recognised as bait in the dedicated shitposting thread.
>>
>>50578621
The Cavalcade saves you something like... 10 points compared to the Brood Cycle I think, it's actually not a relevant saviour on points.

The reason people run it is because of their wallets. Buying all the Acolytes needed for Brood Cycle on TOP of all the ones you want for Sub Uprising is fucking E X P E N S I V E.
>>
>>50578694
>They put the worst legion on the cover, when they were already on the cover of WoM...
>>
>>50578715
I'm only just getting back into Warhammer, does anyone know what the name of the program used to make lists like these is?
>>
>>50578805
Play Black Legion? Raptors and Termies can make good use of their alpha strike rules.
>>
>>50578806
>No
Ok.
>>
>>50578823
This IS the dedicated shitposting thread.
>>
>>50578799
In practical terms I2 isn't all that different from I3 since the I3 armies are unlikely to threaten Orks much in CC.
>>
>>50578797
I would say Necrons are the gatekeeper for the top tier. Everything above them is inarguably THE top tier and everything immediately below them is the mid-tier.
>>
>>50578849
No that was the 2 minuted older one, it got so bad it was turned into a "40k lulz thread.
>>
>>50578777
>>50578790
>>50578797
Thanks for the replies. Having him give up with the game is exactly the concern, good thing I also want to make nids in case Crons are too stronk.
>>
>>50578621
>Prefer the Acolytes to the Neophytes
Of course. Everyone does. Still it's useful to have some shooting to back them up.
>>
>>50578826
I ran the math and iirc Calvacade was mid-100s point range while Cycle was lower-200s. Seems like a big difference.
>>
>>50578869
Nids vs Orks are great fun.

loads of dice, loads of death, light on processed dairy.
>>
>>50578852
No, but Orks don't have enough hitting power to overcome T4, 4+/3+ saves, and a 4+ Reanimation Protocal roll. What happens in Ork vs Necron games, is the Orks spend a couple of turns running forwards getting shot to bits, then the survivors charge (and take more losses to Overwatch), bounce off whatever they got into combat with, then get mopped up by Wraiths.

No, Power Klaws don't help much.
>>
>>50578841
Technically yes though, albeit only slightly as the Aspiring Sorcerer now has less available force weapons.
>>
>>50578852
Yes it is.
I3 armies can threaten Orks a lot when they have such shit armour, you see veteran squads with a priest wiping out 3-5 Ork boyz who then dont get to strike back.

It also means Tau and Necrons get to strike at the same time to maximize losses boyz take.
>>
>>50578841
Didn't they used to be able to get the Str 8 witchfire as their primary power off the Tzeentch chart? Because that was pivotal to making them able to actually deal with tanks.

If they cant get that off the back I would easily call that a pretty intense nerf compared to their previous incarnation. Now they have to spend even more points for a str5 assault cannon AND dedicate an anti infantry squad's shooting to trying to blow up vehicles with basically praying for a rending.

At least with Bolt of Change they had a Str 8 Multimelta shot to throw while their ap 3 bolters gunned down the infantry.

So I probably would argue that they are worse then before, mainly because it became even harder to generate the power you need to make Thousand Sons even remotely flexible enough for an army.
>>
Why is so much of 40k down to choosing between

>You can have this thing that looks cool
>You can have an army that doesn't make you want to kill yourself

I get that picking for fluff should be the biggest decision, but I'm fairly new to the game, and it's fucking disheartening to show up for a game, spend a few hours watching your dudes plink at your opponents, then taking them off the board. A few hours spent standing around waiting for your opponent to roll dice so you can take your models back off the board again.
>>
>>50578795
Aw i was hoping someone had done it.

Victory by gravpod is dull as fuck and so formulaic you could write a excel script to play it.
>>
File: IMG_0473.jpg (1MB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0473.jpg
1MB, 2448x1836px
Alright, let's do the decurions.
I hope two pages at once is okay, since I need to get back to work.
>>
>>50578882
>mid-100s
>Leman Russ, Two Chimeras, Sentinel, and dudes
???
The Russ itself starts at 120
>>
File: IMG_0474.jpg (1MB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0474.jpg
1MB, 2448x1836px
Also, I won't do Tactical Objectives, since, let's be honest, nobody actually gives a shit about those.
>>
>>50578887
Good to hear, I'll have to consider some bugs then.
>>
File: IMG_0475.jpg (1MB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0475.jpg
1MB, 2448x1836px
>>
>>50578795
I remember that.
I still believe he was fudging his Psychic Powers. Next game you play the GK player tell him you want to watch him generate and call out which discipline before reach roll.

Odds would be good that suddenly his lvl 3 Librarian wouldn't get Invisibility, Veil of Time, and Sanctuary. Every game.
>>
File: IMG_0476.jpg (1MB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0476.jpg
1MB, 2448x1836px
>>
>>50578909
>Why is so much of 40k down to choosing between

Because GW can't write balanced rules to save their lives, and don't care enough to hire better designers. The game is just a vehicle to sell models. They'll happily offload the duty of playing balanced games to the players if they feel they can get away with it; see the Age of Sigmar debacle.
>>
>>50578882
You messed up big time somewhere, then.

Brood Cycle is exactly 400 no upgrades.

Cavalcade is 385.

You save 15 points at most, and the Cavalcade wants upgrades more than the Brood Cycle does (typically Exterminator Autocannons on the Russ and possibly Dozer Blades)
>>
>>50578909
That's only for certain people. Plenty of folks love Tau Battlesuit and happily go off to buy their Riptide Wing. Similarly Admech are popular because they're strong enough to be competitive but also have cool, unique models.

That said it can feel real bad if your favorite finds itself at the bottom.
>>
>>50578948
post the fluff pages too. I know there's only like 2 per legion.
>>
File: IMG_0477.jpg (1MB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0477.jpg
1MB, 2448x1836px
>>
>>50578922
Er, I'm probably misremembering the exact numbers, but I recall a 60 or so point difference.

Then again, I suck at mental math.
>>
>>50578909
> Wanting actually viable yet fluffy lists.

>>50577762 /hhg/ is over there mate. 40k has long forgotten that aspect.
>>
File: IMG_0478.jpg (1MB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0478.jpg
1MB, 2448x1836px
>>50578958
I'll do that later.
>>
>>50578961
>Nest of Mechaserpents
>that description

Daemonic Doctor Octopus when?
>>
>>50578912
See, it wasn't gravpod. Imagine a demicompany but with Vanguard Veterans instead of Assault, and an extra Librarian tacked on in a CAD. It was literally just fitting guns and pistols on inneficient units, with only a unit of devestators and centurion devestators to work with.DESU I don't think anyone else really had a chance against him in terms of lists, it was just this player was holding himself back previously.
>>
>>50578948
Okay. There we go. I think that's "the 8" the leaks talked about.

Thanks.
>>
File: IMG_0479.jpg (1MB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0479.jpg
1MB, 2448x1836px
>>
>>50578975
Thanks.
>>
Which space marine chapters recruit from Valhalla?
>>
File: IMG_0480.jpg (1MB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0480.jpg
1MB, 2448x1836px
>>
>>50578906
Well i have the previous Psychic power cards at hand so lets see..

No loss of old powers, just 3 new added, so the change to Doombolt is it became 50% less likely to roll it, got it on 3-4 before on a 2 now.
>>
>>50579002
None as far as I'm aware? Valhalla tithes it's populace into regiments of the Imperial Guard.
>>
File: IMG_0481.jpg (1MB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0481.jpg
1MB, 2448x1836px
>>
>>50579002
None.
Marine recruitment worlds are exempt from IG tithe.
>>
>>50579002
None. Valhalla sends their firstborn sons to the Imperial Guard.
>>
>>50579022
So what space marine chapters have worked alongside valhallans? The only one I found is the Bone Knives but there is literally nothing known about them.
>>
Kabalite splat book when?
>>
File: IMG_0482.jpg (1MB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0482.jpg
1MB, 2448x1836px
>>
Thank you for the Legion pics, anon.
>>
>>50579038
That's vostroyans
>>
>>50578694
Leaks were text only, and pretty inaccurate too.
Can you please post Emperor's Children pics?
>>
File: IMG_0483.jpg (1MB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0483.jpg
1MB, 2448x1836px
>>
>>50578948
>Literally "I Am Alpharius"
I love it.

Also by RAW this DEFINITELY lets you potentially spawn two Cultist units when one dies in the Lost and the Damned Formation if you make two successful 4+ rolls.
>>
>>50578936
Oh gosh, thanks lad

a side note, WHY DOES THE DRAKESCALE PLATE BE SO SHIT! there is like 1 instance where the invun will come up
>>
What should I change to my list? Should I take away the Extra Armor and Multi Melta for a Deathwing Company Banner? Extra gear for the Chaplain and/or Librarian? Keep it as is? I like the list as is, I just want to post it one final time for your guy's opinions.

1500 Fluffy Dark Angels list

HQ
-Interrogator Chaplain, 110
+Plasma Pistol, 15
Total, 125

-Terminator Librarian, 90
+ML2, 25
+Foe Smiter, 15
Total, 130

Troops
-3x Tactical Squad, 70
+5 marines, 70
+Veteran Sergeant, 10
+Plasma Pistol, 15
+Power Sword, 15
+Plasma Gun, 15
+Plasma Cannon, 15
Total, 210 (630)

Elites
-Venerable Dreadnought, 125
+Plasma Cannon, 5
+Extra Armor, 10
Total, 140

-Deathwing Command Squad, 200
+Champion, 5
+Apothecary, 5
+Plasma Cannon, 15
Total, 225

Dedicated Transports
-Land Raider Redeemer, 240
+Multi-Melta, 10
Total, 250

Complete Total, 1500
>>
>>50578637
Look for online games.

Talk to friends who don't play and offer a few Kill Team games where they use your models.

Do what the OG 19th century war gamers did and play yourself, if you get really desperate.

Ask your SO to play, they'll probably indulge you every couple of weeks.

Look for a FLGS, and if this group is already in the only one you can find, put out some feelers for people nearby who also don't like playing there.

It's not as easy as it should be, but you've got options.
>>
>>50579041
Based off of the campaigns that they've been a part of:

Space Wolves
Blood Angels
Death Spectres
Ultramarines
>>
>>50579066
People keep saying that creating two units of cultists was an error to be FAQ'd but I think GW intentionally made a nod to "sever one head and two will grow in its place".
>>
>>50578688
Stop fucking posting this. You did it in the last three generals and made two new threads over it.

Squats got squatted because they weren't popular, TK and Bretonnia got squatted because they made new armies where their models could be used.

Orks are not now, not ever going to be squatted because you don't like them.
>>
>>50579027

If I have an ML3 Psyker, are they ML4 they get 2 on the WT table?
>>
>>50579027
>deamon worshipping fantic faction
>only legion without a deamon weapon
WOW
JUST WOW
>>
>>50579118
Yes, that is how maths works.
>>
File: IMG_0484.jpg (1MB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0484.jpg
1MB, 2448x1836px
>>
>>50579088
Worst comes worst I'd say hold off on getting properly into playing the game until you move somewhere that has a better local meta.
>>
>>50579117
>they made new armies where their models could be used.
?

They got flat out removed from the game.
>>
>>50579137
Nah, they have rules.
>>
>>50579041
>>50579095
Also Swords of the Emperor and Reclaimers. They're also involved in the defense against the 13th Black Crusade so that opens it up to a whole lot of chapters.
>>
File: IMG_0485.jpg (1MB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0485.jpg
1MB, 2448x1836px
>>
>>50579141
Maybe their old models do but they were not given any AoS armies to hang with.

Did they even bother putting any TK units in the death grand alliance battle tome?
>>
>>50579080
Maybe replace the relic with a regular Stormbolter and remove either the Extra armor or the Multi Melta to give them the Company Banner for the +1 Attack, which would benefit the Champion especially.
>>
File: IMG_0486.jpg (1MB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0486.jpg
1MB, 2448x1836px
>>
>>50579152
No, TK are "Compendium" units.
>>
>>50578975
>>50578961
>Still no single daemon-engines or vehicles

I hate how you have to take fist of the gods or the hell-forged warpack and that requires multiples of the units.

Still though, looking cool otherwise. thanks for sharing i'll get my book on the weekend
>>
File: IMG_0487.jpg (1MB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0487.jpg
1MB, 2448x1836px
>>
>>50578909
Play Kill Team or 1p40k. 90% of the reason the armies are so unbalanced is because GW insist on ignoring an army for years and tries balancing across two completely different core rulebooks.

HoR and 1p40k write their rules all at once. Shit, 1p40k has all the army lists in the same document.
>>
>>50579168
TSons have it.
>>
>>50579161
So... squatted?
>>
>>50579168
its funny, becuse TS CAN take a single demon engine
>>
File: IMG_0488.jpg (1MB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0488.jpg
1MB, 2448x1836px
>>
>>50579178
No, they wouldn't have any if they were squatted.

You know, like squats.
>>
File: image.png (120KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
120KB, 510x546px
>>50579122
>mfw
>>
>>50579117
>>50578688
There is 0% chance of removing Orks. They're a fundamental core faction of 40k. If there were unsolvable problems with them, which there aren't, they'd just be redesigned as with 2nd ed. -> 3rd ed. Orks. Not removed.
>>
File: IMG_0489.jpg (1MB, 1836x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0489.jpg
1MB, 1836x2448px
>>
>>50578927
>Also, I won't do Tactical Objectives, since, let's be honest, nobody actually gives a shit about those.
I-I do.
>>
>>50579101
Yeah I agree, I literally just thought of that before reading your post and it makes total sense.
>>
File: IMG_0490.jpg (1MB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0490.jpg
1MB, 2448x1836px
>>
>>50579152
Not getting your picture on the wars roll =/= can't play them. Count As a Deathrattle or whatever the fucking the normal Humans are called, and you can still play them.

Orks don't have another Ork faction that can absorb the players with their models. They aren't tanking in sales. Ergo, they won't be removed.
>>
>>50578936

> Warlord trait to swap character positions
> Cultist Champion is now leading the Terminator Squad
>>
>>50579201
>Curse of the leper
>T7 bikers with FNP, re-rolling ones, and stelth at >18"
oh lawd i'm laffin'
>>
>>50579193
Squats had rules in the 2nd ed. Black Codex. TKs and Brets were precisely squatted.
>>
>>50579251
They have no current rules. TK and Brets do.
>>
File: IMG_0491.jpg (1016KB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0491.jpg
1016KB, 2448x1836px
>>
>>50579238
>HA! you thought you were going to be fighting a mighty spacemarine termintor!
>but its just me, Joe Blogs!
>>
>>50579236
You can still play them as TK. They have rules for the special characters and all that. They just won't get more support in the future.
>>
>>50579135
>Blood mad
>Non-vehicle units
well that clears that up at least.
>>
>>50579262
Squats had rules in the edition after their removal, exactly as is the case with TKs and Brets. That's my point.
>>
File: IMG_0492.jpg (1MB, 1836x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0492.jpg
1MB, 1836x2448px
I don't know if these spells are new, but, hey, whatever.
>>
>>50579291
There's new ones just like with the other two disciplines.
>>
>>50579263
>Combat Drugs
>All non vehicle units
Great, Chaos is better at Dark Eldar stuff than Dark Eldar.
>>
File: IMG_0496.jpg (1019KB, 2255x1602px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0496.jpg
1019KB, 2255x1602px
Last thing, these two are the only formations not cribbed from Traitor's Hate or Wrath of Magnus.
>>
>>50579302
Just imagine what Dark Eldar will get then!

...we're not getting anything, are we?
>>
File: btchplz.gif (2MB, 245x276px) Image search: [Google]
btchplz.gif
2MB, 245x276px
>>50579217
>>50579263
>No blood feud against Iron Hands
>>
>>50579176
>>50579179
That...sounds like a fucking typo not a feature. Are TSons known for daemon-engines?

Still

>IW
>Take a CAD
>Just have a single Oblit and Multi fill the troops
>Take any heavy/elite you want
>Tank-hunter Oblit/Multi deep-striking into the back lines you NEED to deal with or will wreck something

That shit will be good.
>>
>>50579315
>Dark Eldar get Daemon Weapons in every squad
Well now I don't know what to think.
>>
>>50579320
They've ascended past petty rivalries and feuds. Easy to do when you're fucked up on happy pills made by a god from the souls of elves.
>>
>>50578694
Posting the timeline section, anon, please!
>>
>>50579291
They used to be 3+1 powers.
You have done well to post them.
>>
>>50579328
See here. >>50579157
>>
>>50579328
Seriously, IW are basically the best AD chaos can take: for 300 points you can have an oblit, auto-havoks and a soc rolling on hertek, which is basically all your anti-tank in a self-contained package. its pretty good
>>
>>50579352
Can CSM into Superfriends now?
>>
>>50579302
>>50579315
To be fair, Combat Drugs have always been unique to the Wych Cult (and independent characters in previous Codexes). It wouldn't really be very fluffy for Kabalite Warriors to get them as well.
>>
>>50579312
Thank you anon.
>>
>>50579362
Sort of. Allying CSM with CSM has a lot of advantages but I don't really see any layered buff combos yet.
>>
>>50579362
>min TS CAD for mangus
>AD IW for anti-tank
>Max Kakophine for anti-infantry
I'd say so
>>
>>50579291
>Apoplectic Glee
>That Fluff description
>You literally make them blow up their sides by laughing
>>
>>50579390
having the mind veil from AL means you can get around very fast. i am sure this could combo with some other bits, would have to see
>>
>>50579346
Yeah i saw it, but again: Are Tksons known for daemon-engines? I'd say not really

Certainly not as much as IW, so I'm pretty sure it's just an editing fuck up. But who cares.

Even better i already ran the Warband and i actually like it, so i'm perfectly set up
>>
>>50579409
It's also like that in Wrath of Magnus, so I doubt it.
>>
File: IMG_0497.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0497.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
So, fluff. I am in the lecture hall now, so please excuse the shitty lighting.
Also, posting may slow down, since I can't really let anybody note what I'm doing...

>>50579337
There is no timeline.
>>
>>50579061
>warlord trait number 5

Hoping this is the standard warlord trait for Kharn.
>>
>>50579409
Why do IW players always have such a sense of entitlement?
>>
>>50579446
That's some nice art right there. Is it new of reused?
>>
File: IMG_0499.jpg (1MB, 2738x1990px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0499.jpg
1MB, 2738x1990px
>>
>>50578163
Death Guard can do the footslogging army thing pretty damn well now, and you just use basic marines with the Mark of Nurgle.
>>
>>50579400
>>50579291

>tfw you make a riptide laugh it's own robo-guts out
>>
>>50578438
Or just convert the electros.

Even my gw guy offered to help me convert them as part of his sales pitch. "Yeah they're pretty bad, but I could help you make some awesome skitarii with a few spare bits"
>>
File: IMG_0506.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0506.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I'll need to retake most legion pics since they are blurry as hell. Patience, please.

>>50579461
Pretty sure that's from either Traitor's Hate or Black Legion.
>>
>>50579461
reused, though we haven't seen much of it before

it's in the last chaos book
>>
>>50579456

Do the wounds of 3.5 still remain? Worry not, we shall reopen them soon.
>>
>>50579491
How would it work on Crons? Their sides would just repair themselves, and they can't laugh anymore.
>>
>>50579504
>Fulgrim is MIA
lame
>>
>>50579491
It only effects non-vehicle models, big robot suits are vehicles.
>>
>>50579533
He'll be back.
>>
>>50579504
>Drugged, pleasured beyond endurance, and finally broken
Wait, they brought the old fluff about Fulgrim being date raped by Horus back?!
>>
>>50579533
that's old

Like, 3e or 2e old.
>>
>>50578163
Death Guard. Move and fire heavy weapons and all the defensive buffs DG CSM get for cheap make a foot slogging DG army scary. It's even super fluffy.
>>
>>50579536
I thought Riptides were Monstrous Creatures?
>>
>>50578455
>i will only.play if i get to make up rules

how about you fuck off
>>
>>50579575
They are, for some reason, but that's an old discussion.
>>
>>50579521
Nah, just the whiniest of a whiny bunch. I've also seen IW players complaining that they should have gotten relentless because it "fits their fluff better".
>>
>>50579575
They are MCs, he's misinformed, or possible memeing
>>
>>50579575
You would think that.
>>
>>50579504
>"slaanesh is going to be removed from the fluff because it's not kid friendly!"
LOL

THE DARK PRINCE AINT GOING NOWHERE
>>
>>50579536
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*S3 hit*
>>
>>50578581
>ask if you can get a bit of a handicap/boost as it's clear that GWs rules suck and that if you get to use rules that give you a fighting chance the games will be more fun for everyone.

as soon as someone cheats it's only fun for them

play by the rules or play a different game, how is this difficult
>>
>>50579088
>>50579136

>play by yourself or move house

jesus christ /tg/
>>
File: IMG_0507.jpg (492KB, 1102x1469px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0507.jpg
492KB, 1102x1469px
Fuck it, I cut of the artwork, since otherwise it's impossible to get the text to be readable under these conditions.
>>
>>50579528
They sperg out at the stupid joke and commit seppuku
>>
>>50579601
You're saying that because...?

They made a EC legion? I don't think they'll remove Slaanesh either.
>>
>>50579614
Can you actually do the tactical objectives?
>>
>>50579608
The other advice was pick your second choice of army, and that was shot down.
>>
File: IMG_0508.jpg (527KB, 1102x1469px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0508.jpg
527KB, 1102x1469px
>>
File: IMG_0509.jpg (475KB, 1102x1469px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0509.jpg
475KB, 1102x1469px
>>50579635
>tactical objectives
Ughh...
>>
>>50578914
Your work is appreciated, 1d4 article has been updated as well.
>>
>>50579649
Pleeaase. I'll love you forever. Its only 9 more pictures!
>>
>>50579491
>The Hive Mind is utterly alien
>Emperor's Children faces down a swarm of outsiders led by the unknowable Hive Mind
>Sorceree pulls off his helmet, snorts a line of warpdust, and smiles a shit-eating grin
>"Watch this shit"
>Suddenly the entire swarm stops and becomes deathly silent
>suddenly instead of the screeching cries... they began to giggle with throats never made to laugh.
>The laughter increased in volume as the biotitans joined in.
>Suddenly the gaunts began exploding as the laughter shook themselves too much. Popping like little bio-balloons.
>>
File: IMG_0510.jpg (591KB, 1102x1469px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0510.jpg
591KB, 1102x1469px
>>
>>50579625
He's talking about all the sexuality implied in that fluff.
>>
>>50579504
We have psykers now?
We are suppose to have a psykicly sterile geneseed; our Sorcerer were just astartes studying forbidden lore with no actual psychic power.

I don't know how I feel about that.
>>
>>50579666
Nothing says they use geneseed purely from EC.

Also relevent trips.
>>
File: IMG_0511.jpg (539KB, 1102x1469px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0511.jpg
539KB, 1102x1469px
>>
>>50579312
+1 Str on sonic weapons is pretty cool.
>>
>>50579664
the oddest thing about Lorgar is that he was correct all along about the Emperor being just a man and the Chaos Gods being actual gods.
>>
File: IMG_0512.jpg (558KB, 1102x1469px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0512.jpg
558KB, 1102x1469px
>>
>>50579312
>Kakaphonii

I just got it now, they Shred sick riffs, and turn it to to 11 (10 +1s)
>>
File: pooh.jpg (69KB, 684x692px) Image search: [Google]
pooh.jpg
69KB, 684x692px
>>50579664

[heresy intensifies]
>>
>>50579666
What this:>>50579675
anon said, and also the chaos gods can grant the gift of psychic powers through mutation. If they can give you a tentacle arm then they can give you a psyker gene.
>>
>>50579593
>whiniest of a whiny bunch

Yep, that's the Anti-IW autism squad summed up perfectly.

>Get shit-stomped once or twice by Obliterators and basilisk fire as kids
>This was over 10 years ago
>These people are presumably adults now
>STILL asspained about it
>Perpetuate myth that 100% every Chaos army was Iron-warriors
>Implying every faction doesn't have dreamers wishing for better rules
>>
File: IMG_0513.jpg (539KB, 1102x1469px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0513.jpg
539KB, 1102x1469px
>>50579657
...fine. Gimme a minute.
>>
>>50579695
>All along
Except when he didn't' think that and worshipped him.
>>
File: yellow fever.png (453KB, 498x717px) Image search: [Google]
yellow fever.png
453KB, 498x717px
>>50578694
>mfw it's actually good

Finally I can play a fluffy and interesting CSM list without getting ass raped.

Thanks god the long wait is over
>>
>>50579666
Source on that? Because every legion had psykers. Not every legion the librarius. THe Emperor's Children recruits that showed psychic potential simply weren't allowed to continue in the implantation process.
>>
>>50579661
>>"Watch this shit"
LOST IT.
>>
>>50579666
>mfw

>>50579715
>also the chaos gods can grant the gift of psychic powers through mutation
I'm fine with this That will be my headcannon from now on.
>>
Seriously tempted to go balls deep and do my Alpha Legion again, as a 30k and 40k force. The idea of sixty space marines skulking toward enemy lines, all modeled with camo cloaks covered in grass, their blades and bolters ready to unleash hell....

Anyone know if it's legion specific artifacts? And if they've been posted yet?
>>
>>50579666
1. Black Library
2. Psykers were considered an "imperfection" and thus kept out of the legion by choice. It was not the generated.
3. Once Slaanesh is involved fuck all that shit.
>>
>>50579664
>Chaos in it's purest form
>Chaos Undivided

Yah hear that, you monogod, special snowflake bastards?
>>
Tzeentch still has the undeniably worst powers

Shame
>>
>>50579576
Alrighty then would you rather play against Magnus at 1500 points or my Cheesy Ad Mech army?

The rules of the game are already based on consenus, why not at least make the rules more interesting.

In general my goal is to create rules for the Thousand Sons that lead to more fun and balanced games, if you have any suggestions then please let me know.
>>
File: image.jpg (377KB, 800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
377KB, 800x1066px
>>50579664
>Word Bearers
>betrayed by the Emperor
Pic related
>Chaos Undivided
It returns? Neat.
>terrible cost
>until all are dead
No cost is too high to remove Word Bears.
>>
>>50579763
look up earlier in the thread or just go to 1d4chan.
>>
>>50579765
>generated
Geneseed
>>
>>50579763
Raptors Anon?
>>
File: IMG_0514.jpg (557KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0514.jpg
557KB, 1224x1632px
>>
>>50579605
>or play a different game
That's kinda what I'm doing, Games Workshop makes bad rules so I make my own that are better, effectively I am making my own (variant) game.
>>
>>50579772
Comp rules are one thing, full homebrew units are another.
>>
File: IMG_0515.jpg (549KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0515.jpg
549KB, 1224x1632px
>>
File: IMG_0516.jpg (520KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0516.jpg
520KB, 1224x1632px
>>
>>50579807
Why does the idea of me playing my own rules with people who agree to it ass pain you so much?

I mean I partly said it as a joke but I really do bring a second army for people like you.
>>
File: Ork.jpg (14KB, 250x358px) Image search: [Google]
Ork.jpg
14KB, 250x358px
>>50579446
They've put so much time and energy in to hating the Imperium and crafting their identity as the enemy of the Imperium.

Makes me wonder how they would react if tyranids or necrons or maybe even Orks suddenly wiped out the Imperium without them being involved in any way.
>>
>>50579749
>the chaos gods can grant the gift of psychic powers through mutation
>Marine earns Khorne's favor
>Khorne spins the Wheel of Mutation
>Lands on "Become a Psyker"
>Marine becomes a Psyker despite being aligned to Khorne. Suddenly mutates into a Spawn, because fuck Psykers.
>>
File: IMG_0517.jpg (559KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0517.jpg
559KB, 1224x1632px
Does anyone really give a shit about TacObjectives?
>>
>>50579765
No. Not Black Library. Forge world.
>>
>>50579664
I'm not a Word Bearer, but dammit they are so freaking cool.
>>
File: IMG_0518.jpg (532KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0518.jpg
532KB, 1224x1632px
>>
>>50579832
Khornate Word Bearers can in fact spontaneously become Psykers. Warlord Trait.
>>
>>50579833
Alpha legion and death guard
>>
>>50579774
Chaos Undivided at an organizational level never went away. Chaos Undivided at an individual level did (with the obvious exceptions).
>>
>>50579842
Yes they are. Maybe we should talk more.

Have you heard the word of Lorgar?
>>
>>50579850
>>50579833
Probably also Iron warriors.
>>
>>50579833
Yes, most groups uses them.
>>
File: IMG_0519.jpg (543KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0519.jpg
543KB, 1224x1632px
>>
>>50579828
INterupting your argument with the autist.

Keep me up to date on this please, especially a reworked tzeentch discipline
>>
File: IMG_0520.jpg (473KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0520.jpg
473KB, 1224x1632px
>>50579850
>>50579863
Yeah, yeah.
>>
File: IMG_0521.jpg (505KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0521.jpg
505KB, 1224x1632px
>>
>>50579767
The faith of Chaos Undivided didn't go. But Undivided princehood did. You can't become an Undivided in Path to glory.
>>
>>50579828
>Why does the idea of me playing my own rules with people who agree to it ass pain you so much?

Nah that's cool. Saying you'll only play if they agree to your rules would be a little dickish though.
>>
File: IMG_0522.jpg (510KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0522.jpg
510KB, 1224x1632px
>>
>>50579844
Curious if they'll FAQ it

I know that for the Infernal Tetrad if you roll on Tzeentch's Warlord tree they FAQ'd it that the Daemon Prince of Khorne does NOT become a Psyker.
>>
>>50579890
I know that, I was saying Chaos Undivided is better than monogod, and that this proves it.

Wish I had Undivided DPs though.
>>
>>50579844
What warlord trait?
>>
>>50579915
Also, that's it. I won't bother to do the formations from Traitor's Hate or Wrath of Magnus, since that'd be superfluous.
>>
Thanks for posting pics traitor anon. You are truly doing the dark gods' work
>>
>>50579890
Did they announce which Gods Pert and Logar fell to?

>or did they retcon no such thing as Undivided Princes?
>>
>>50579504

>they literally, canonically raped captured administratum workers to death and then snorted their remains as drugs

GW bringing back the classic family-unfriendly Slaanesh
>>
Can someone make a PDF of these images?
pretty please?
>>
>>50579937

See >>50579027

Number 2. Latent Powers.
>>
>>50579915
Is there anything else new? has the lord of skulls or its armory been updated?
>>
>>50579967
No, and I don't think we'll see anything new until 8th Codex or WoM style Khorne supplement.
>>
>>50578909
Join Admech master race, brother.

We kick ass and look beautiful doing it.

We're also hipster tier rare.
>>
>>50579963
Long May Rountree Reign.
>>
>>50579995
>hipster tier rare
>one of the top selling armies

Does not compute.
>>
>>50579945
>Did they announce which Gods Pert and Logar fell to?
Lorgars blurb has him ascend by favour of all the gods.

Pert is just mentioned as now being a DP
>>
>>50580042
That got reconned so Bel'lakor can be the only undivided prince but it doesn't say what god he chose in the end.
>>
>>50580062
But that says ascended via favour of all the gods. And is more recent.

Belakor is getting a nerf.
>>
File: file.png (122KB, 469x153px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
122KB, 469x153px
>>50580062
Then it got re-retconned back.
>>
>tfw finally freeing yourself from considerations of what's "competitive"

Everything that can have it in my Word Bearers is getting Gift of Mutation. I might even run a unit of Possessed.
>>
>>50580086
It doesn't say he's chaos undivided, it just says his patrons agreed with it.
>>
>>50580144
"Rewarded by his patrons"
>>
>>50580144
So all of them agreed.

Chaos was undivided on this issue. :^)
>>
>>50580013
Top selling rate, but over such a short period of time that the penetration is low. Most meta I've seen you have maybe 1 guy playing admech while you'll have a boatload of sm, Eldar and tau
>>
Is the Talisman of Burning Blood better used on Possessed or on Bikes? I figure Possessed since Bikes already have a very good chance of a Turn 1 charge.
>>
shitty photo rules pdf compilation incoming!
https://mega.nz/#!SwU2CTyA!DB5ScdknXIkBK3G4DQt3qUPzv0T-6BPAcpKTw3Tf0Cg
>>
Why do people hate Heldrakes?
>>
>>50579964
I made a PDF but it's 62 MB and I'm not sure where to upload it.
>>
>>50580157
So they aren't rare. How many SoB or Inquisition do you see? Squats?

Those are hipster tier rare. Ad Mech is not.
>>
File: gradrakor.jpg (61KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
gradrakor.jpg
61KB, 800x600px
>>50579779

thanks brah. OMFG it's everything I wanted and more... well a little bit more. I wonder if you can give a Daemon Prince the 2+ armour save or the AP2 ignores cover bolter relic, as they'd match up with my Lord who's exploded from the confines of his Dreadnought chassis. .
>>
Noice
>>
>>50580156
"Chaos was undivided that day, they all agreed Nurgle should take him and so he became a Nurgle daemon prince!"
>>
>>50580195
Pure Inquisition?
>>
>>50579964
>>50580191
see
>>50580182
>>
I'm abit confused in regards to the combat drugs that EC get.
You roll once for the entire detachment, or on a unit-by-unit basis.

From reading the images provided by based anon, i'd assume one roll for the entire army, but that makes the combat drug relic seem pretty damn strong.
>>
Bump limit reached
>>50577788
Time
>>50577788
To
>>50577788
Remerge
>>
>>50580189
They look like flying turkeys.

>>50580214
You know as well as I do he's an Undivided Prince.
>>
>>50580195
No, those are nonexistent (who the fuck even runs inquisition as a solo army)

Hipster tier rare doesn't mean you're the only person on the planet doing it. There are a lot of hipsters after all. You just are probably the only person playing them locally.
>>
>>50580241
Never go back to a dud.
>>
>>50580174
Can WE run and charge same turn? Didn't see anywhere saying

But the relic states Running +3" not Turboboosting

So it turns your possesed into half-a-bikers.
But Bikes get ~44" threat with relic vs ~38" for infantry

>also depends if relic works for the pregame blood mad move
>>
>>50580260
>No, those are nonexistent (who the fuck even runs inquisition as a solo army)

I know one guy on /tg/ does.
>>
>>50580239
You roll once and it applies to the relevent units in the detachment.

With the relic you roll an extra d3 times and apply it the model with the drugs relic on top of the detachment drugs bonus.
>>
>>50580290
No.
>>
>>50580244
But that would ruin Be'lakor's backstory.
>>
>>50580290
Pretty sure they can run and charge.
>>
>>50580309
He is arisen from nothing, the two others were mortal.
>>
>>50580309
>A fucking rock

Never forget.
>>
>>50580311
where does it say that?
>>
File: 1477529508379.jpg (141KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1477529508379.jpg
141KB, 900x900px
>>50578961
>>50578975
>>50579639
>>50579819
>mfw

IRON FUCKING WITHIN.

I'm a little salty because I used to run a juggerlord and can't anymore with this. I also modeled my bikes to also be on juggernauts for a sick retinue.

Rerolling against Imperial Fists is solid. Army-wide FNP is decent. Patrons of the Technovirus seems weird because they're going to want you to take the Grand Company. Good if you take a CAD so you can stock up on more tanks. I guess? They seem to be pushing for oblits hard. Nobody cares about Mutilators.

Siege Masters first bit is whatever. The Tank Hunters on havocs/obliterators is fucking beautiful. Nobody takes Mutilators, nobody cares.

Artifacts look fluffy but eh tier. Fleshmetal Exoskelleton looks baller, especially as DPs can take them. Iffy on the Siegebreaker Mace. I really wanted non-unwieldy AP2 but eh, I'll take what I can get.

I mean, I'm really fucking happy for this as it's a nudge in the right direction. Is it a good idea to probably not take a chaos lord/bike star anymore and work on another angle for my IW?

Warlord Traits look okay. I'm not big on Obliterators
>>
>>50580332
Not 40K.

Did not happen. Be'lakor cannot into portals. Rocks cannot into Be'lakor.
>>
>>50580309
And after him ruining Pert and Lorgar's Undivided Princehood?
>>
File: 1479703486006.gif (621KB, 697x400px) Image search: [Google]
1479703486006.gif
621KB, 697x400px
>>50580299
thanks for clearing that up dear anon.
So whomever gets the relic could potentially get up to 4 combat drug bonuses... Oh lord that sounds fun
>>
>>50580327
He was mortal once too.
>>
>>50580290
>>50580301
>>50580311
They can't. They do get a 2d6 move before the first turn that doesn't count as scouting, and can re-roll charge range. Depending on how it's worded, it could benefit from the +3 from the Talisman.

Now someone please answer my question.o
>>
>>50580391
It's essential for his character unlike the other two.
>>
>>50580201
>ap2
sorry anon, its poison (2+) not ap 2
>>
>>50580423
>being an undivided zealot
>not essental to Lorgar's character

Anon, please.
>>
>>50580444
Lorgar is a worshipper of it. Be'lakor is called the Spirit/Essence of Undivided . It's indivisible part of his character. Making Lorgar a mono-DP wouldn't change much of his character.
>>
>>50580309

Belakock is a WHFB character, what effects his space variant is pretty inconsequential.
>>
>>50580477
So they can both be Undivided, fuck's sake.

Are you annoyed by Furies too?
>>
>>50580486
+1
>>
>>50580418
how about you read the damn pictures? its posted in this thread
>>
>>50580381
A lot of the force org modifications are more cosmetic than anything. DG and WE don't want their cult troops at all, so making them troops doesn't do much.
>>
>>50580486
His genesis is the same in both settings. First daemon prince of Chaos who made the Chaos Gods understand the mistake of sharing their gifts with a single uncontrollable being due to his rebellion. This is a good explanation why Undivided DPs are not present in AoS and 40K Path to Glory.

If Lorgar is a Undivided DP, then it makes no sense for GW to remove Undivided DPs as an option.
>>
>>50580477
>dragging more bel'cuck wankery in to the new thread.
Holy shit, fuck off Carnac, you already ruined the last thread.
>>
>>50580537
Tough shit little cookie.
>>
>>50580490
We are talking about Undivided DPs.
>>
>>50580477
>Lorgar
>Priest/worshipper of Chaos Undivided
>Basically Chaos Pope
>Picking a god
It would change a lot of his character.
>>
>>50580549
I caution to wait until they release Lorgar's model or in depth lore about Lorgar's accession is written. It makes no sense for GW to scrub Undivided DPs from the setting in both lore and game mechanics and then randomly make Lorgar Undivided.
>>
>>50580549
This
>>50580537
Is Carnac, stop arguing with him, stop taking the fucking bait.

/tg/ is so fucking shitty because all you idiots are so easy to troll, you fall from the same tired out trip fag every single time.
Stop.
>>
>>50580602
Please don't turn another thread into a Carnac thread.
>>
>>50580571
Unless Tzeentch fooled him and Lorgar is convinced that he is Undivided but really he is not.
>>
>>50579170
Wtf is the point in plague marines?
>>
>>50580649
that would be stupid and change his character.
>>
>>50580427

Doh you're right. I guess they're both good though. Tempted for the S5, AP2 one
>>
>>50580649
so you mean, making him Ahriman?
thats dumbstupid, and so are you
>>
>>50580673
Not really. Lorgar is as dumb as a brick and the delicious deceit would be amusing for Tzeentch.
>>
>>50579677
>The Dominion of Fire is brought back into cannon.
>Angron leading 50 Space Marine Chapters worth of Khorne Berzerkers
>For 200 years Angron burns 3 dozen star systems and set 70 sectors in rebellion.

NICE! I was worried they would retcon that shit.

But seriously... Imagine 200 years of the Imperium KNOWING Angron is destroying everything and being unable to stop him. Shit man, Angron gets shit done.

>Technology and magical weapons are clearly defined as ok, sorcery is false.

Glad that argument over magic weapons are finished now.
>>
>>50580652
Blight Grenades and poison worth 7pts to you?
>>
Would somebody mind throwing all the leaks together in a pdf or something? That would save time in the next thread.
>>
>>50580679
The ap2 one is great, on non-DP charicters. the deamon weapon is too good tro NOT give to a prince: the sheer volume of attacks, esp if you can get warpspeed off....tasty
>>
>Intoxicating elixir: You make D3 rolls on combat drugs. These are cumulative if you roll the same one more than once.
Who /excited for EC/ here? Not only do they get awesome combat drugs, but they get stacking repeats with this relic.
>>
>>50580700
Not as dumb as Tzeentch, who hates Be'lakor the most of all the gods, creating another potential Be'lakor. The gods have no use for toys that cannot directly control.
>>
>>50580532
I guess I'm annoyed because I like to have a beatstick chaos lord and I'm not sure what's good for iron warriors now.
>>
>>50580708
And I4
>>
>>50580706
>>The Dominion of Fire is brought back into cannon.

It was never removed.

>NICE! I was worried they would retcon that shit.

Why would they? This is just a copypaste.

>Glad that argument over magic weapons are finished now.

This is not something new. There isn't something anyone argued over. We knew this since Realm of Chaos.
>>
>>50579122

I'm just gonna use the Axe of Blind Fury.
>>
>>50580652
Now?

Just the Typhus Formation
>>
>>50580418
>Depending on how it's worded, it could benefit from the +3 from the Talisman.

No. Doesn't work. Talisman states +3" for moving in the Movement/Shooting/Assault phase. Blood Mad is 2d6 before the game. It doesn't count for any phase.
>>
>>50580399
Slaanesh biker-lord who rolls 4 times +1 toughness: T9 lord.
>>
>>50580957
Sorcerer give him another +1

He has transcended!
>>
>>50580957
>BEHOLD, SONS OF SLAANESH
>WATCH AS THEIR BOLTERS AND TANK SHELLS DEFLECT FROM MY CHISELED ABS
>>
>>50579291
>>50579312
>>50579263
>>50579217
Greatly appreciated, thank you.
Is there anything to allow a Legion to take another as an allied detachment (like in OLD Black Legion or Crimson Slaughter?)
>>
>>50580760
Theyre I3 base
>>50580708
No, 7 points PER model for a cc poison weapon and defensive grenades? Not worth it
>>
>>50581048
Take two detachments.
>>
with detatchments can you take 2 of the same detatchment formation? So could you take 2 of the same core, or 2 of the same auxillary?
>>
>>50581093
yes
>>
>>50581070
Isn't it 8?
CSM are 13 points plus 3 point MoN, Plagues are 24 point.
>>
>>50579238
>>50579267
kek
>>
>>50581129
Even more reason to just drop plague marines unless youre really intent on that formation, or they change them up
>>
Ok, returning World Eater player looking over >>50579135 and I have a few questions as force org seems to be different then I remember.

The normal force org chart of HQ, 2 troops ect. how do I work that into this to get Blood Mad?

It looks like I have to take Maelstrom of Gore or a Chaos Warband and an entire other formation along with my Lord just to get the Blood Mad rule, how does the old FOC chart work into this.

When I last played this kind of stuff didn't exist but I know formations are their own thing as well. I read the example but its still a little confusing.
>>
>>50580710
Theres a pdf in this thread and the other thread.
>>
>>50581241
Yeah, i know, i can already see my army taking shape, Plagueriders on bikes, Plagueshifter obliterators, Plaguereaver raptors,
plague-hulk posessed (for when you just HAVE to use those AoS plague champions), hell, "cheap" relentless plague devastators.

I WANT to use the Purge but.. with FNP bikers and raptors on the line... hell, wonder what happens to a Warp Talon's usefulness if he's fearless t5 with FNP?
>>
>>50581330
You can take any number of any kind of detachment of any faction.
The 1hq-2troops is called a Combined Arms Detachment
That picture you quoted is another detachment
individual formations are also detachments.
it really is that simple.
>>
>Mutilators finally not dogshit if used by Iron warriors
>Warp talons MAYBE not dogshit if used by Night-lords or perhaps Emperor's children

Did i miss anything? what other crap units are usable now
>>
File: battleforged.jpg (46KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
battleforged.jpg
46KB, 600x600px
>>50581330
Missing air superiority, but here you go.
>>
>>50581672

It's missing the fact that you can take formations and faction specific detachment as allied detachments
>>
>>50581749
>May contain any number, in any combination of these, of any faction
>>
>>50581670
Chaos marines.

Not sure about warp talons.
>>
>>50581765
Oh yhea right, my bad
>>
>>50581749
"allied detachments" are a specific named detachment.
"allies" is how two detachments of different factions treat each other.
Not confusing at all
>>
>>50581765
You can't take 2 CAD from differents factions IIRC
>>
>>50581815
You absolutely can, you may be thinking of ITC or ITC related restrictions.
>>
>>50581815
>any number of any kind of detachment
>>
>>50581815
Stop playing itc you fucking faggot
>>
>>50581670
Deathguard chaos marine

16 PPM, T5, FNP, fearless, Relentless, Votlw
>>
>>50581670
Mutilators are still shit when you can take Obliterators. Even then, I'm still iffy about Oblits.
>>
>>50581670
>what other crap units are usable now

Plague Marines and Noise Marines.

TS and Berserkers are still ass tho.
>>
>>50581672
>>50581585

So if I take a Combined Arms Detachment then I cannot have them with the Blood Mad rule, I need to build my army INSIDE the ButcherHorde. So I need to figure our what a Chaos Warband is then, because Maelstrom of Gore isn't the fast Khorne Biker army I was imagining.

Thanks for the help, I think I get it now for the most part.
>>
>>50581937
thats untrue. PM are now crap, because normal marines do the same for cheaper.

having said that, normal WE marines are basically 'zerkers
>>
>>50581915
DG havoks are kings though
>>
Just read IW more closely and
>LD10 marines with stubborn
>fearless if put behind an aegis on an objective
>obliterator troops in a CAD
>fist of the gods mixed with new vindicator squadrons give me 3 pieplates that can reroll scatter for more direct hits
>tank hunting obliterators and havocs
>6+ FNP armywide

Am I missing anything else useful? Because all of that sounds fucking BUENO lads.
>>
>>50582051
>heritek soc with siege breaker maul
vehicle wont know what hit
>>
>>50581946
Maelstrom of Gore is printed in Traitors Hate (and also the traitor legion book, but photoanon didn't post those cause they are unchanged from Traitor's Hate)
>>
>>50581915
DG Purge chosen?
>>
>>50581946
>>50582150
>Maelstrom of Gore
Chaos Warband**
>>
>>50582124
I need to take a Chaos Lord so I'm giving it the Siegebreaker Maul.

I may use a Sorcerer on a bike, good idea?
>>
Really tempted to start my chaos army over again specifically into a Legion, I don't want to repaint my dudes but I also dont want to just say this red army are Iron Warriors
>>
File: file.png (702KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
702KB, 800x600px
Multigod Gors confirmed?
>>
>>50582203
Give them a rusty coat and make up a successor chapter.

Something something nearly nurgle something something let rust decays eat the weak metal weakness so only the strongest steel remains something something.
>>
>>50582203
Do you have any space wolf bits?

You could make them Magma Hounds, an Iron warrior successor chapter formed during the abyssal crusade. We can assume the icon is some kind of dog's head and they would have a hound motif

Magma hounds presumably have red/lava themes make use of Maulerfiends, terminators, chosen, bikers, spawn, fast shit and knightly shit, etc.
>>
>>50582351
Are they a sucessor? I though they were Renegades?
>>
>>50582384
They were converted by some Warpsmith during the Crusade, formally The Knights Excelsior. i meant Renegades yes
>>
>>50582351
It's a case of not wanting to change up my models to fit a rules etc but also not wanting to "count as". Also I've been thirsting after starting an Ally but no other armies jump out at me
>>
>>50582150
>>50582167

Thanks
>>
Night LoLs

+Raptor Talon+

Chaos Lord Sigil, JP, Claws 145
Warp Talons X5, 1 GoM 170
Raptors X5, 2 MG 115
Raptors X5, 2 MG 115
Raptors X5, 2 MG 115
Raptors X5, 2 MG 115

+Favoured of Chaos+

Demon Prince PA, Wings, Mace, ML 3 335
Possessed x10 260
Possessed x10 260
Possessed x10 260

>>
So, I'm kitbashing some Ork characters on bikes (including a Painboy using TPE bits) and my brother's bitching 'cause he claims I'm "building a death star". I suppose I am, but I kinda want to point out that the three races he plays are Tau, Eldar, and Space Wolves (fucking Thunderwolves) and that should kindly shut the fuck up about power gaming.
Thoughts?
>>
>>50583249
Well...He's your brother..

So tell him he's a cock-gobbling faggot and to play an army that actually has some risk involved.

Then build the meanest deathstar you can and shit on him. Don't forget Zhadsnark for skilled rider
>>
File: 1477423540037.gif (729KB, 268x160px) Image search: [Google]
1477423540037.gif
729KB, 268x160px
Pic is me as this fabulous anon posts legion caps

particularly looking forward to my CSM actually being threatening on the table again
>>
File: thumbs up.gif (422KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.gif
422KB, 640x480px
>>50583384
This
>>
File: Space Marines - 2010pts.jpg (263KB, 900x1148px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marines - 2010pts.jpg
263KB, 900x1148px
R8 list for casual games at my local.
>>
>>50578936
Viper's Bite and Hydra's Teeth look like good relics, can't wait to add them as mods to my Terminator Champion.
>>
please could we see the Black Legion Warband formation?
Thread posts: 464
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.