[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CYOA General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 493
Thread images: 71

File: Great Eclipse cyoa.png (2MB, 1144x4992px) Image search: [Google]
Great Eclipse cyoa.png
2MB, 1144x4992px
>>50543019
Resources: http://pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
>>
>>50552259
Anyone have that one unfinished CYOA with the doll soldiers in it? I can't quite remember what it was called.
>>
I've been on a flight from costa rica for most of the day so i couldn't write this, but I'm finally home and I can tell you all what I would do with Omnipotence.

First is go about my regular life for the most part. Maybe enact some changes like retroactively destroying cancer and modifying the quran, but other than that I don't give a shit and people can solve it for themselves.

More importantly I'd use my powers to fuck with people and create a personal magical realm of fetishes.

I'd go around tapping men on the shoulders and ordering them to turn into big titty sluts for the pleasure of watching the transformation. I'd go to a college lecture and order the female students to forget everything they learned after fifth grade and lose all their ambition to do anything but spread their legs get married and pump out a thousand kids. I'd go to the prostitute on the street corner and fill her mind with the knowledge of a medical program. I'd find nigger gangs and remind them kindly that they're actually japanese highschool girls on their way to school. I'd go to an old folks home and shift reality so that it becomes a brothel and everyone inside is a twenty something slut witth a love of dicks. I'd go to a school, shapeshift into a student and then go class by class enacting all sorts of fucked up fetishes on the students. Quiet demure girls suddenly sprouting a nasty cock between their legs and highschool studs reduced to sissy boys with a love of cock in their ass. Upstanding teachers suddenly realizing that they love nothing more than fucking their students and students on the verge of graduating suddenly remembering they're actually ten years old. Turn the smart girl into a deliquent who never reads and the popular girl into a nerd with giant tits. Then there's the racial transformations, I'd turn proper white girls into foul mouthed nigresses and vice versa.

I'd fuck up reality so bad there won't be a reset button large enough to undo my magical realm.
>>
File: Monster_Hunter_1.jpg (5MB, 1500x9500px) Image search: [Google]
Monster_Hunter_1.jpg
5MB, 1500x9500px
Update soon
>>
File: Monster_Hunter_2.jpg (4MB, 1500x10000px) Image search: [Google]
Monster_Hunter_2.jpg
4MB, 1500x10000px
>>50552366
>>
Wasn't there someone who wanted to make a neutral version of the seven sins cyoa? I could swear I heard of it before.
>>
File: Monster_Hunter_3.jpg (4MB, 1500x6900px) Image search: [Google]
Monster_Hunter_3.jpg
4MB, 1500x6900px
>>50552382
Look forward to more Culling/rape/murder discussions.
>>
>>50552366
Does anyone want to RP this? I figured with 6 season á 80 days each, we could divide each RP segment up into 20 days ie barring interaction between players each lengthier post you make about actions will be about your actions those 20 days.
>>
File: 384701-alexfas01.jpg (295KB, 1280x929px) Image search: [Google]
384701-alexfas01.jpg
295KB, 1280x929px
>>50552366
repostan my PC.
Sorceress: (+1 SP)
Magic 9
>Tier 1: Fire
>Tier 1: Water
>Tier 1: Catalysts
>Tier 2: Lightning
>Tier 2: Arcane
>Tier 3: Combine
>Tier 4: Barriers

Spiritual 2
>Tier 1: One with Nature
>Tier 2: Binding

Weaponry 4
>Tier 1: Marksmanship
>Tier 2: Ancient Weapon (Staff)
>Tier 2: Enchantment
>Tier 3: All-Seeing Eye

Ethereal 6
>Tier 1: Recall
>Tier 1: Pocketing
>Tier 2: Blessed
>Tier 4: Wings

>STR 1 ■
>DEF 7 ■■■■■ ■■
>AGI 7 ■■■■■ ■■
>SKL 4 ■■■■
>INT 10 ■■■■■ ■■■■■

Sunken Desert 45+20 5 threat
Sunken Desert? You mean epic beaches? Even if there's monsters in the water.
Ancient Mountains 20+30 4 Threat
But for hunting, I prefer the tall mountains.

>Persona: 15
Age, Gender, Beauty
>Provisions: 30
Library, Alchemy, Market
All useful for a rookie. Read up on moves, buy healthpotions I can summon through Pocketing, market to sell scavenged shit.
>Services: 15
Training, Healing, Scavenging
Since I'm lacking a bit on the physical side, (I really wanted blunt arms too) whenever I'm not making traps or out hunting, I'll be training. Get better at using my staff, focusing on an entirely defensive style.
>Luxury: 10
Hot Springs, Bar
It'll be in the Hot Springs where I'll be doing most of my networking. The bar for getting people to the Hot Springs.
>Hangouts: 10
Club, Bounty
I guess the Club can be useful for getting to know people too. I'll be looking around for bounty work too incase someone needs some aerial artillery
>Accommodation: (40)
Upper
Lots of bedroom and empty space. Going to permanently lock all the entrances to the grounds and electrify the walls so that you can only get there if you can fly
Always looking to team up with someone else with wings for synergy. You can chill at my place, and maybe I'll even tell you where my traps are.

r8 me?
>>
Guy who was working on the space prison CYOA, how's it goin? Page 1 looked cool.
>>
>>50552422
If you can pull it off, take it to /qst/. That's pretty much the only thing keeping /cyoag/ on /tg/
>>
>>50552458
Much of my free time will go towards making these little buggers.Through Pocketing I will be able to retrieve them when I'm out hunting and place them in strategic locations, preferrably where I can keep watch of them from afar, or atleast the surface above it. This would be everywhere anyone is likely to pass. If tunneling youre unlikely to spot the trap before its triggered, even with detect magic

>Combine: Binding+Lightning+Water
Pretty straightforward trap. You step on it, gets you wet and then zaps you and those near you. Usually deployed on the surface in daisychains of two and five

>Combine: Binding+Barrier+Water/Fire
Essentially they will act as mines as deep underground as I can get them. When triggered by a wurm-type Hunter, the barriers will activate, essentially designed to trap the tunneler inside a small cube and unleash a flood of water. Hopefully this will drown the tunneler before he manages to get the barriers down, but even if he gets out that water is going to keep coming and flood his tunnel network. And if he surfaces, I'll be a hundred meters up in the sky ready to unleash lightning on his wet ass. The fire version does basically the same thing, but targets his breathing in another way, spreading fire and smoke everywhere in a tunnel will pretty quickly kill through oxygen deprivation and CO2 inhalation. If the flames dont get to him first

>Combine: Binding+All-Seeing Eye+Lightning
I know you're thinking, All-Seeing Eye? Really? But hear me out. They give 360 degrees vision. Plus zoom. If that aint magical, then so arent the wings. This trap is a "non-lethal" one, but I'm going to place them EVERYWHERE, preferrably in the treetops so they cant be easily spotted. The binding gets 360 degrees security camera type vision. When it spots someone, it sends a lightning bolt through the sky, in a 90 degree angle towards the spotted person, so that I can instantly see where in relation to my trap the intruder on my hounting grounds is
>>
>>50552458
Not Bomb Guy's Build/10
>>
>>50552481
>Enchant Staff: Lightning
I might be physically weak, but I'm agile and fast with my 7 AGI and if my staff so much as touches you, you're getting zapped. And may the Hunter God have mercy on your soul if you're wearing metal armour.
>Enchant Mage Armour: Barrier
I can do this, right? The mage armour is a physical armour that I will enchant with Barrier, making my arcane shield take the brunt of any blows I recieve or deflecting them before I get hit incase of an arrow or bullet. Together with 7 DEF, I'm pretty tanky.

>Fire+Wings:
The ability to enflame my wings will further aid me if someone comes too close to comfort. A spinning motion would launch a cloak of flames at the attacker, lighting his/her clothes on fire and create a deterrent (fire is scary yo) to get even closer while protecting me at the same time.
>Lightning+Barrier:
Barrier is an energy based shield, and with Lightning I hope to be able to supercharge it by throwing lightning at it, make it stronger and give off zaps when touched.

>Battle Strategy for Culling/Monsters:
Perched high up on a mountain, I will blend into the surroundings and watch tirelessly the land beneath me, scanning the valleys for activation of my traps and prey. Preferrably atleast it would walk into one of my traps, but even if it didnt I would have a massive advantage over the prey, coming in from the sky, hopefully undetected with the help of One with Nature, and launching an aerial bombardment of fireballs and lightning strikes. Some of the melee users can jump high, but not that high. And if they use blink to get close I plan on just smacking them with my staff along with a wing+flame combo, depriving them of initiative and then let them fall a hundred meters or two as I continue my aerial strikes. Blink+Nullify wouldnt be a disaster either. Sure my wings would get turned off, but at that altitude I have plenty of droptime to distance myself using my staff, since Nullification is within a few meters only.
>>
>>50552482
It was in part designed to deal with tunnelers but it is quite different indeed. Count the points in which we differ and I've spent more on things he hasnt than he did.
>>
Is Sandra in this thread now? What were those pictures in the last thread from? I am now even more curious.
>>
>>50552259
Legendary Weapon CYOA is coming soon.
Maybe.
>>
Regarding the omnipotence discussion last thread

What I would do with omnipotence would be to live through scenarios such as CYOA's the lives of various characters in various settings, both OC and otherwise. Limiting my own power and memory where appropriate.
>>
>>50552539
The problem with your build is all your traps are magical in nature, anyone with detect magic can avoid them with relative ease.

Other than that no monster within means you can't use any monster souls, which also reduces your tactical utility and survivability.

Your main advantage is flight and high int for good magical damage, watch for nullification users that also have flight.
>>
>>50552557
I wouldn't trust myself with omnipotence. I'd have to compartmentalize my powers just so I don't accidentally fuck everything up
>>
>>50550745
Glad I could assist.
Here's my build, for fun and comparison.

>T-turbo lewd Girl!!
Libido rubs off and it feeling as good each time while feeling "out of this world", too good to pass up.

>Succubus
Eating and sleeping is not what I want to do with my time.
Wings are great too and the magical girl is pretty vague.

>Naughty
My libido demands this anyway. Happiness is a close second.

>Well-developed
Needs no explanation.
>Twins
Sounds excellent.
>Status Quo
For my twin and my friends and whoever else. A quiet 'thank you' for staying with me.
>Idol
Singing is great. To be confident and sound good, that'd make my day, often.
>Pleasant girl
Controlled fertility and avoiding the pain I've seen my sisters in.

>Scrunchie of great hair
I don't know how to properly care for a woman's hair. The time investment isn't appealing either.

>Feminization
I think this would help with adapting to the new body and the looks of horny boys.
>Pure love
Make sure my first is my twin~
>"Is it getting hot...
Quickies are fine. When I maybe succeed on my quest to get my dick back, or a new one, whatever, this will be a boon.
>Good girl
A little vague but I'm fine with lewd favors for people. Plus the image is hot. Fits the immortality option too.

>Supernatural
Gotta meet all the cute monstergirls and witches and such. Plus, maybe I can find the methods needed to get that missing part back.

>trainer
Getting fit does sound good. Getting fit with a girl like that who'll dominate me? Yes, please. Having someone who can do heavy lifting or protect sis and I is also great.

>M-me?!
Best choice.

>Part-time job
Neko version. Money and attention, something to do to make me focus through the lust, good stuff. Hard though.
>Apprentice
Yes. Yes.
>Bully
I'll steal everything from his home and he'll be lucky I don't murder him.
>>
>>50552422
I'd be interested in following this.

>>50552458
>4 and 5 threat licenses.
That's quite ambitious.
>lock all the entrances
Pretty sure your accomodation is restricted by divine law to anyone other than you and who you approve.
>epic beaches
Prett sure there are beaches along with a very murky sand filled ocean which you have to fight in...

The traps/int/def/agi build isn't bad.
>>
File: d8m0cxa.jpg (177KB, 764x1046px) Image search: [Google]
d8m0cxa.jpg
177KB, 764x1046px
>>50552366

Cylprana Zendys

Class
>Sorceress
Attributes
>Str +++
>Def ++++++
>Agi +++
>Int +++++++++++++
>Ski ++++
Blessing
>+3 Stat Points

Skills
Magical
>Catalysts
>Fire
>Water
>Arcane
>Lightning
>Frost
>Blink
>Combine
>Barriers
Spiritual
>Bloodlust
>Binding
Weaponry
>Marksmanship
>Enchantment
Ethereal
>Indomitable
>Recall
>Blessed
>Unleash
>Healing

Monsters
>Arachnid 20
>Kraken 60
>Dragon 110

Persona
>Age 5 (22yo)
>Beauty 10
Resources
>Forge 20
>Library 30
>Alchemy 40
>Market 50
>Healing 55
>Training 60
>Scavenging 65
>Diner 70
>Bar 75
>Hot Springs 80
>Low 100

>>50552422

That could be fun! I'm going to changing my build some when the update comes out though.

>>50552472

Do they allow freeform rp there?
>>
>>50552622
I figured underground you'd still have to dig up to the trap unearthing it before you could see it with Magic Detect, since it by no means automagically gives you stonesense and rock penetration sight. And its true those with Magic Detect can spot them on the ground.. but those that cant? If the Omni-Eye trap goes off I'll know position and relative distance regardless if they could detect the trap or not. They'd just see a lightning going up into the air nowhere near them. My traps and what they do would ofcourse ingame RP be a closely guarded secret so most wouldnt know they're a lightning beacon.

Not really sure how to squeeze monster within in there, but I really did want it. And Nullification does cancel their own wings aswell, so they'd be in as much trouble as I am 100m above the ground. Though I have barriers to land on.
>>
>>50552700
>4 and 5 threat licenses.
With Wings and a focus on long range lightning spells I hope to be able to stay out of range and pick my battles carefully. And its not Private either, so friends can come join me for the loot.

>>50552796
I suspect we will all be changing our builds a little when it comes out, but my intent for the build will remain the same.
>>
File: 1480468046832.jpg (146KB, 1084x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1480468046832.jpg
146KB, 1084x1600px
>>50552366
Updated my contract torturer build.
>Class:
-Sorcerer
>Blessing:
+3 INT
>Magical:
-Catalysts (1)
-Arcane (2)
-Detect Magic (3)
-Time Warp (6)
-Gravity Warp (9)
>Ethereal:
-Indomitable (10)
-Recall (11)
-Blessed: Dark (12)
-Telepathy (13)
-Ascension: Dark (16)
-Psionic (19)
>Spiritual:
-Poisons (20)
>Bounties:
-Strange (50)
-Arachnid (70)
-Basilisk (100)
>Persona:
-None
>Resources:
-Alchemy (90)
-Library (80)
-Market (70)
-Scavenging (65)
-Bounty (60)
-Underground (55)
-Middle Class Home (25)
-Servant: Strange + Appearance + Knowledge (0)
>>
>>50552700
>Pretty sure your accomodation is restricted by divine law to anyone other than you and who you approve.
Thats good to know, I had imagined all kinds of sneaky sneaky going on at nights.
>Prett sure there are beaches along with a very murky sand filled ocean which you have to fight in...
Well.. Hopefully there's beachmobs or I'm simply going to have to make that Mountain my bitch to earn my trophies.
>>
>>50552796
Angel what is your favorite cyoa and who is your favorite author?
>>
>>50552901
>I suspect we will all be changing our builds a little when it comes out, but my intent for the build will remain the same.
Monster hunter is getting an update?
>>
>>50552805
>And its true those with Magic Detect can spot them on the ground.. but those that cant? If the Omni-Eye trap goes off I'll know position and relative distance regardless if they could detect the trap or not.

If you can enchant a trap with omni-eyes than a nullification hunter can enchant his arrows with nullification and try to shoot you down. Hell someone who took Ancient Will, Skull weaponry, nullification and enchantment can technically command a animated sniper rifle to remotely fire off homing magic nullifying rounds from a safe distance.

Now that's an crazy idea for a build.
>>
>>50552366
Time to slay all in my way

Hunter-
S-9
D-9
A-10
I-3
Sk-6
Blessing=stats

Skill points -20
--Skills--

>Physical- 6 pts
-Tier 1 Tempered -Tier 1 Toughness
-Tier 2 Willpower -Tier 2 Flurry
-Tier 3 Enhanced -Tier 3 Sixth sense
-Tier 4 Overdrive -Tier 4 Iron mass

>Magical
-Tier 1 Catalyst -Tier 1 Fire
-Tier 2 Arcane -Tier 2 Lightning
-Tier 3 Blink -Tier 3 Detect Magic

>Weaponry
-Tier 1 Bladed arms
-Tier 2 Ancient weapon
Terrain & monster set up-
- Forrest
- Glacial
Dangers= Molten,Ancient
-Tribute points = 100pts

----Resources----

>Diner-------5
>Bar---------5
>Hotsprings--5
>Library-----10
>Alchemy-----10
>Forge-------10
>Middle Home-30
>Training----5

>Visitor-20
>>
>>50552927
Pretty strong build now. With Gravity warp, ascension and psionic you're getting some good offensive power.

Is your plan to primarily subdue your enemies and 'break' them?
>>
>>50552422
Would be fun, link a page.
>>
File: 1469662314703.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469662314703.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>50552548
what
>>
>>50553012
Supposedly. I really hope he will give int some more options for stats.
>>
File: 1452692567746.jpg (597KB, 3200x920px) Image search: [Google]
1452692567746.jpg
597KB, 3200x920px
>>50552366
Neat.
>>
>>50553085
no not... wait what is... never-mind, I give up.
>>
>>50553014
2bh I really dislike the whole "skull weaponry makes your weapon a gun" thing. So silly. It should just have the description in the CYOA. "Unleashing blasts of energy with its strikes".

And dont forget that for bombAnon to make bombs he needs tons and tons of piss, or urea as he calls it. If he wants to be the hunter that hangs inside the bathroom at the bar asking if people can pee in his bucket thats ok with me. We'd be able to locate him for miles just from the smell, even underground.
>>
>>50553170

That's pretty much what it says. It's like a magical gun or something. A rapid firing brow/crossbow. Call it whatever you want, it might as well be a gun.
>>
>>50553170
Tell me about it, When bliss was asking for a possible replacement for self repair, I proposed a skill that allows a weaponry focused hunter to craft ammunition for his or her ancient weapon, Bliss's response was that's redundant because apparently ammo crafting is already inherent to hunters with high skill and wields a ancient weapon that uses ammo.

There is a lot of caveats and technicalities that aren't explicitly or implicitly states in the cyoa.
>>
>>50553224

>There is a lot of caveats and technicalities that aren't explicitly or implicitly states in the cyoa.

Not the first CYOA that has had confusing/lightly detailed descriptions.
>>
>>50553170
If bomb anon was a cute girl, It'd at least be fun to "give" her what she wants. :^)
>>
>>50553261

What are you trying to say?
>>
>>50552901

>my intent for the build will remain the same.

Pretty much same here really.

>>50552940

Idk if I have a absolute favorite, but Super Soldier and Domain Master are up their. Magical Realm and Alternate Timeline ones are good to. So Bliss and SDA are probably my favorite authors.
>>
File: giphy.gif (575KB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
575KB, 245x184px
>>50553273
>>
File: 1468786945588-4.gif (819KB, 400x372px) Image search: [Google]
1468786945588-4.gif
819KB, 400x372px
>>50552927
http://pastebin.com/FDUkxmdV
Pic Related is servant, Pastebin link is some story fluff.

I took the skills necessary to make my character the perfect torturer. I plan to use a combination of time and gravity warp to trap people in a sort of inescapable plane, and then use psionic and the dark element to grate my fingernails through their mind like a fine-toothed comb, using poisons to lower their mental defenses and render them paralyzed. I'm a primarily non-combat character, so I'm planning to use my torture skills to get contracts from other hunters, because I feel like torturing is a relatively untapped market in the bounty hall and the underground hangout. My servant is of the strange type and retains it's knowledge from when it wasn't trapped in my grasp, so I'm going to ask her what tactics her type used to mess with victim's minds.

I took the three monsters I did because the basilisk's paralysis, the spider's grotesque appearance, and the strange's illusions seem to be EXTREMELY useful for interrogations and torture sessions. If I can learn what they eat, what they like, and how they fight, I can probably capture and domesticate the spider's and basilisks and ally some of the strange.

As for surviving the culling, in the year prior I plan to make connections with some of the more immoral hunter's and more importantly, gangs. Gangs could probably use a good torturer/interrogater, and I fit that role, so they would probably offer me their protection.

>>50553050
No, I plan to stay away from combat altogether and catch people unawares when I need to fulfill a contract on them.
>>
File: proto-celt.jpg (18KB, 236x301px) Image search: [Google]
proto-celt.jpg
18KB, 236x301px
>>50552259
>TYPE: Titan

I remember the time before. I was weak. I was afraid. I was ready to die, to give up.

But something changed me. The running, when I could not hiding. The hiding, when I could not run. The fighting, when I could not do either. It changed me. I realized something, in the midst of the blood and the screaming - I did not want to die.

They say that hard times make strong men. I never expected to be one of them.

>MIGHT: Peak Human (19), Refined Senses (18), Health Freak (17), Perfect Grace (16), Thick Skin (14), Endurable (12), Superior Strength (10)

>SURVIVAL: Danger Sense (9), Weaponmaster (8), Iron Will (6), Battle Intuition (4), Predation (0)

But now the Shadows must contend with me.
>>
Does anyone have Branching Hearts CYOA? The one where some magic girl turns you into a waifu yourself due to a shortage, but you she gives you the option to get a waifu yourself for some reason at the end. I'm not looking for the Monster Girl one.
>>
>>50553388
I'm only aware of the one Branching Hearts. You may be thinking of Waifu Blues?
>>
>>50552796
>>50552927
Angel, have you thought about my offer of teamwork? I feel us intellectual folk must stick together, and with the mass amounts of people that seem to take offense to your very existence you could use some help. I feel that if anyone harasses you I could help them change their mind (or rather, reach into their skull and change their mind for them, ohohoh!). And if you do decide to take me up, I offer my services to my friends free of charge!
>>
>>50553411
Yes, that's it. I'll probably be able to look it up just from the name thanks.
>>
File: page_0038.png (623KB, 1508x2128px) Image search: [Google]
page_0038.png
623KB, 1508x2128px
>>50552796
Angel...
>>
>>50553443
They're both by Beri, if I recall correctly.
>>
File: Anon being a scaly.png (345KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Anon being a scaly.png
345KB, 480x640px
>>50552366
Guess I'll repost my tweaked build as well
Class, Warrior
Blessing, Dragon High Soul

STR ********
DEF *****
AGI ****
INT *
SKL ***

Physical 8
Temepred, Toughness, Martial Arts, Willpower, Athletics, Enhanced, Sixth Sense, Shockwaves

Spiritual 4
One With Nature, Bloodlust, Soul Spirit, Killer Instinct

Weaponry 8
Blunt Arms, Ancient Weapon, Self-Repair, Stamina, All-Seeing Eye, Skull Weaponry

Bounties +90
Wolf, Behemoth, Wurm

Persona -40
Physiology, Gender, Beauty, Exempt

Resources -40
Training, Healing, Market, Diner, Bounty, Inn

Be the cute dragon girl and punch things to death.
>>
Do you guys generally prefer the Great War of Ordion V1 or V2?
I know V2 was cleaner and added some new factions but V1 had much more companions.
>>
>>50552422
>>50552927
I would just love to.
>>
>>50553511
If you have both, could you email me at [email protected]? I don't know which one I have in the dropbox.
>>
>>50553473
I want to pet you.
>>
>>50553528
Yeah sure
>>
>>50552366
I'm claiming personal responsibility for the recent influx of trap builds.

>Sorcerer
>Stat Points (+3 Int)

>Catalysts 19
>>Arcane 18
>>>Detect Magic 17
>>>Combine 16
>>>>Gravity Warp 13
>>>>Barriers 10

>One With Nature 9
>>Binding 8

>Marksmanship 7
>>Enchanting 6

>Indomitable 5
>Recall 4
>>Blessed 3
>>>>Psionic 0

STR •• (2)
DEF ••••• •• (7)
AGI ••• (3)
INT ••••• ••••• ••• (13)
SKI ••• (3)

>Twilight Ruins
>Ancient Desert

THT ••••••••• (9)
TRB 115

>Gender 110
>Beauty 105
>Exempt 80

>Library 70
>Market 60
>Healing 55
>Training 50
>Scavenging 45
>Diner 40
>Bar 35
>Hot Springs 30
>Club 25
>Underground 20
>Inn 10

Pretty generic trapsmith build; Combine and Bindings lets me make Psionic, Gravity (and once the update hits, Time), and Barrier traps - all ways to nonlethally subdue monsters so that I can take the kills for myself or sell them to other people.
Enchanting's mostly to make permanent versions of the "magical" traps, letting me chain my way into collars of domestication - which I'd obviously wouldn't keep lying around.

A few times a season, I'd just set a bunch of traps around my hunting grounds, and let the Scavengers bring back anything that gets caught.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1000x6400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1000x6400px
>>
Relevant shitposting is the best
>>
>>50553359
I like the fluff, I plan on writing up something similar for my character in a bit. Just a thought though.. if you plan on combine time and gravity and such.. it could be good if you had combine? Would really open up your skillset.

>No, I plan to stay away from combat altogether
During the Culling your torturing ways might create some enemies who wont let you stay away from combat..
>>
>>50553423

Idk... You aren't going to be torturing people during the culling are you?

>>50553450

Hands off!
>>
File: 1429824632518.jpg (35KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1429824632518.jpg
35KB, 500x334px
>>50552366

>STR: 7(12)
>DEF: 5
>AGI: 6(11)
>INT: 1
>SKI: 4

Class: Warrior
Blessing: 20 Tribute Points

Skills:
>Physical: Tempered, Toughness, Martial Arts, Willpower, Flurry, Athletics, Enhanced, Shockwaves, Overdrive

Weaponry: Blade Arms, Blunt Arms, Stamina

Ethereal: Pocketing, Blessed, Healing, Ascension

Licenses:
Ancient Desert (Danger 5, Tribute 65)
Ancient Ruins (Danger 4, Tribute 50)

Tribute: 135

Persona:
Physiology 130
Private 120
Visitor 100

Resources:
Forge 90
Library 80
Training 75
Festival 70
Club 65
Servant 50
Attitude 45
Knowledge 40
Upper 0
>>
>>50553170
My original build I developed last year, at the peak of MH's popularity required the collection of metric fucktons of shit, allowing all that shit to ferment for 365 days at least, before leaching the nitrate off with water, treating the dissolved nitrate with lye and potash and doing so much processing and purifying with such a little payoff it wasn't realistic means of producing enough cordite for my needs.

But piss is a viable source for explosives. An average healthy person pisses about 2 liters of urine every day, with a urea content of 4.9 gram per liter. Since urea content is proportional to how much protein you eat, I suspect most hunters in the MH cyoa's setting who's sole livelihood relies on hunting, slaying and eating giant monsters, would have extremely high protein diets, so you're most likely looking at about 10~ grams of urea from the average hunter as a low conservative estimate.

In order to make let say 500 pipe bombs with 250 grams of explosives (200 grams of urea nitrate and 50 grams of aluminum shavings) I would need to harvest about 50 liters per day so 2 liters of piss from 25 people. Which is easily achievable.

The wonderful thing about piss is, it has far less waste chemicals/contaminants than shit, its 95 percent water so you can boil the water off, urea nitrate is relatively insoluble in water/acids and precipitates out once it reacts with nitric acid, you don't need extremely concentrated nitric acid, concentrations of 33% nitric acid yielded of 95-97% (https://www.google.com/patents/US3330864) and instead of complicated and laborious process of extracting potassium nitrate from shit and than converting that to ammonia nitrate, making urea nitrate is a one step process, and when exposed to sunlight, urea naturally breaks down to ammonia.

The downside is that urea nitrate is more sensitive to shock and vibration force and has a varied velocity of detonation between 11,155 ft/s (3,400 m/s) and 15,420 ft/s (4,700 m/s). But eh.
>>
>>50553620
Only If I'm paid to or my friends need me to, my dear. I don't do it for fun unless I'm having an awfully bad day! Ohohoho, I kid.
>>50553617
As I said, I am quite sure that my continued living would be in the best interests of the gangs and other criminal organizations that use my services.
>>
>>50553617
I also talked to bliss, the warp abilities don't count as elements so combine doesn't do anything.
>>
File: hydreigon.png (331KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
hydreigon.png
331KB, 480x640px
>>50552366
>Name: The Handyman
>Stats:
Strength: 5
Defense: 4
Agility: 5
Intelligence: 3
Skill: 7
>Class: Hunter
>Blessing: Free High-Tier Monster Soul (Hydra Regeneration)
>Physical: 4
-Willpower
-Toughness
-Enhanced
-Shockwaves
>Magical: 1
-Fire
>Spiritual: 6
-One With Nature
-Monster Within
-Fleet-Footed
-Poisons
-Binding
-Killer Instinct
>Equipment: 6
-Blunt Arms
-Enchantment
-Ancient Weapon (These Hands of Mine)
-Ancient Will (Animated Hands)
>Ethereal: 1
-Pocketing

>Licenses:
-Glacial
-Plains

>Persona:
-Hydra Physiology
>Resources:
-Inn
-Healing
-Alchemy
-Diner
>Servant: Strange, hybrid form
-Friendly Attitude
-Knowledge

I sever and regrow my own hands, animating them with Ancient Will, powered by my Hydra Soul. They are, in essence, my Many Heads.

Each animated hand can fight individually and unleash fiery shockwaves on my foes. Meanwhile, I hamper them with magically generated traps and poisons.

I store extra hands in my Pocket space to release and overwhelm foes en masse.

My servant is an eldritch creature bound to a twisted, androgynous human form. He/she/it shares with me forbidden knowledge and lore, but may well still have an agenda of their own. They're a little TOO happy to help.
>>
>>50553646
I strongly suspect that you're on some kind of watchlist.
>>
>>50553646
>Which is easily achievable.
"Oh hey, uh.. Can I get some of your piss?"

"Hmm.. you're not that weird peebomber are ya?"

"Oh no, I need it for uh.. other reasons"
>>
>>50553603
Suprised Awoo is best Doggo
>>
>>50553646
....let's petition the God of the Hunt to get rid of this guy.
>>
>>50553768
Every community needs their...lovable eccentrics?
>>
>>50553672
Yeah it does. He said Warp is arcane. It even says that in the description. Arcane is an element.
>>
>>50553793
No, he said arcane is not an element. He said the only magic that counts as elements are fire, water, lightning, ice, light, and dark.
>>
>>50553768
Unless it's a cute girl.
>>
>>50553567
>>50553528
It's sent
>>
>>50553814
He said (about my build >>50553577, in fact) that I only had Arcane elements to Combine, and that that was the list of OTHER elements that could be used with it.
>>
>>50553814
This is what I remember as well.
>>
So few are taking wings.. Guess I'll be the sole avian predator. Advantage: me
>>
>>50553661

I appreciate the off, but I just don't think I can be a party to torturing other hunters.....
>>
>>50553578
Back to School CYOA: (+40)
Appearance:
>Normal Hair Color: Blonde (Free)
>Ahoge: Airhead (+3)
>Normal Eye Color: Blue (Free)
>Normal Skin Color: White (Free)
>Pure (-6)
>Ultra Sensitive: Copper Allergy (+5)
Talents:
>Athletic: Untalented (+5)
>Bookworm: Untalented (+5)
>Cute: General (-5)
>Tech Mastery: Untalented (+5)
>Artistic: Untalented (+5)
>Lucky: General (-5)
Magical Enchantments:
>Extended Life x9 (-9)
>Retain Memories (-15)
Friends:
>Female Fuse: Future Love Interest + Genius + Heroine + Stalker + Olympian (-25)
Kindergarten:
>Fun Kindergarten (-3)
Teacher:
>Sweet Teacher (Free)
>>
>>50553680
Anon I have bachelor degree in biological and pharmaceutical chemistry.

In my second year of orgo chem I made 2, 4 - dinitrotoluene for an experiment, I could have made TNT if the lab had oleum, but Lab coordinator and TA made sure there was none available for that specific reason and I didn't feel like pushing my luck and distilling sulfuric acid into oleum for shits and giggles.

Making explosives with basic chemical knowledge is piss easy. Pun intended.

>>50553768
Do I get to keep my powers and gear at least?
>>
>>50553890
>What is Gravity
>What are squirrel suits
>What is Enchantment
...that actually sounds pretty rad.
>>
>>50553874
No, I know what you're talking about, and you understood him wrong, he meant that arcane couldn't be combined with it because it wasn't technically elemental. even if it was, if time and gravity warp are both arcane how would combine help me?
>>
>>50553855
Got it, also, I don't know who owns the pastebin or if they'll be on here. But the current dropbox link is dead. I accidentally deleted the CYOA folder and had to restore it, but it generated a new link.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qs4ymgxa5zcj4kt/AABrLbkqxfdUMje3D2ibklh-a?dl=0
>>
>>50553903
Ohohoho, I don't do it for fun, but if you are morally opposed to it I suppose it can't be helped... Although if my truly morally reprehensible clients were to be attacked in the night by a powerful sorceress, I certainly wouldn't be seen as a traitor. I only hope that if such a thing were to occur, this hypothetical sorceress would leave my less truly evil clients alone.
>>
>>50553646
How in the fuck are you going to harvest 2 liters of piss from anyone?
>>
>>50553950
Alright, the specific discussion was about Enchantment, but he said

>And I'd say Enchantment wouldn't do much for you, since you have only the Arcane element. (There are also Fire, Water, Lightning, Frost, Light and Dark elements.)
>Arcane element
>also Fire, Water... elements
Sux to succ.
>>
>>50554026
By asking politely and paying them with tribute.
>>
>>50554047
Okay, that doesn't change the fact that your suggestion to buy combine doesn't apply to me.
>>
>>50554026
>>50554048
Or by setting up a pipe system in all the toilets in town that sends all liquid waste to his workshop.
>>
>>50554048
And everyone will just no problem give you all their piss despite knowing the only guy who wants piss is someone who will try to blow you up with your own piss.

The whole process behind making the amount of bombs you need to be able to do any good at all is so extensive that you're not going to be able to make many in any case and even then they might not be stronk enough to get through Barriers and the alike.
>>
>>50554102
Doesn't it take a lot of time too?
>>
>>50554102
It does, atleast in the scale he's imagining. My guess is by the time he's ready to deploy enough bombs for effective use, enough seasons will have passed for him to lose all the tribute shit and gifts too
>>
>>50554082
I don't think anyone is going to let you tamper with their toilets when every 440 days people try to rape each others' eye sockets. Who knows what traps they're setting for midnight on Culling Day?
>>
>>50554004
SDA owns it and you can bug him on the #cyoa irc
>>
>>50554064
Looking back at it, there isn't really any way to see that I took up the conversation.

I didn't suggest Combine (even though I'm pretty sure it lets you fuse "sub-elements" better than without), I just nitpicked about Arcane being an element.
>>
>>50554102
>And everyone will just no problem give you all their piss despite knowing the only guy who wants piss is someone who will try to blow you up with your own piss.

It depends on how technologically and scientifically savvy the residence of MH cyoa's setting are. You understand I need the piss to make explosives because I explained my entire plan to you, but to a random shop and innkeeper? I'm literally throwing free money to them for getting rid of their waste, they'll probably think I've lost my mind. Good. I want them to think that.

There's also the possibility of recruiting exempt hunters to help me collect piss or piss in a barrel at a popular meeting place/watering hole, it requires no effort from their part at all.

As for effectiveness we can't gauge that at all, I might as well stick to what I know than what I don't know.
>>
>>50554015

I guess I just don't understand who these clients would be or what kinds of shenanigans you're helping them with. I thought factions were banned. We're just monster hunters in the Wild Hunt!
>>
>>50552366
What would Nullify do against Intangible?

Intangible transforms the body just like Incarnation, which Bliss has already stated not to be affected by Nullification.
>>
>>50554215
You needn't be educated, just savvy. If a man is asking me for what I'd throw out, especially if he's offering good money, I'd wonder why he wants it.
>>
>>50554215
I wish I could make a 300x simpler explosives build by making thermite and the alike without being a total copycat.
>>
>>50554244
My understanding, and I may well be wrong here, is that the monster transformation doesn't really count as magic and has altered your character's nature. So there's really nothing to negate--nullify isn't going to forcibly shapeshift you. But Intangible, which is short duration and involves Light/Shadow magic, isn't exactly altering your nature and undoing it is much simpler. So Nullify would cancel.
>>
>>50554134
I take whatever piss I have gathered in that day, pour 50 liters into a stew pot and heat it up until it boils, than add in a stoichiometrically equivalent amount of nitric acid, wait for a few minutes for the reaction to complete, wash with more water, dry and store safely away. It will only take about an 1 hour or so, the limiting factor is how fast I can boil off the water in urine.
>>
>>50554332
you think the drying process of 50 liters of piss takes less than an hour? okay buddy
>>
>>50554304
It's a Medieval setting, right? He'd get all the piss he wants. We, comfortable and well-educated anons at our computer, would raise eyebrows. Medieval shopkeepers trying to get by are offered money by an authority figure (he is a Hunter) to do something they'd almost pay him to do for them.

There's no way in hell they wouldn't take that deal every single time.
>>
>>50554304
The market is a place where I should be able to buy and sell any kind of goods and services, I can't see why I can't get piss from the market.
>>
>>50554215
>It depends on how technologically and scientifically savvy the residence of MH cyoa's setting are.
Or superstitious. If someone's desperate to buy liters of my piss in a setting where magic exists, my first thought is that giving him my piss will likely lead to him blowing my dick off, or worse.
>>
>>50554315
But if one has literally shifted into a body of light/dark, you have no arms legs head etc so ones hitbox is completely different. It sounds a whole lot like altering ones nature.

Nullify shouldnt be a "1 skill that defeats 3 trees alone".
>>
>>50552366
>>50552382
>>50552398
GOTTA GO FAST BUILD!!!!
Monster Hunter CYOA:
Class:
>Hunter (+2 STR, +2 DEF, +4 AGI, +1 INT, +3 SKL)
Blessing:
>+3 AGI
Skills: (+20)
Physical:
>Tier 1: Martial Arts (+1 SKL)
>Tier 2: Willpower
>Tier 2: Flurry (+1 AGI)
>Tier 2: Athletics (+1 AGI)
>Tier 3: Enhanced (+1 STR)
>Tier 4: Overdrive (+5 AGI, +5 STR)
Magical:
>Tier 1: Catalysts (+1 SKL)
>Tier 2: Arcane (+1 INT)
>Tier 3: Blink
>Tier 4: Time Warp (+3 AGI)
Spiritual:
>Tier 1: Bloodlust (+1 STR)
>Tier 2: Soul Spirit (+1 AGI)
>Tier 3: Fleet Footed
Weaponry:
>Tier 1: Marksmanship (+1 AGI)
>Tier 2: Ancient Weapon
>Tier 3: Stamina
Ethereal:
>None
Hunter Type:
>Licences
Terrains:
>Glacial: Sunken (+65 Tribute)
>Desert: Ancient (+65 Tribute)
Persona:
>Physiology (-5 Tribute)
>Beauty (-5 Tribute)
>Exempt (-25 Tribute)
Resources:
>Forge (-10 Tribute)
>Library (-10 Tribute)
>Alchemy (-10 Tribute)
>Market (-10 Tribute)
>Healing (-5 Tribute)
>Training (-5 Tribute)
>Fortune (-5 Tribute)
>Scavenging (-5 Tribute)
>Hot Springs (-5 Tribute)
>Middle Accommodation (-30 Tribute)
Final Stats:
>Strength: ■■■■■■■■■
>Defense: ■■
>Agility: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
>Intelligence: ■■
>Skill: ■■■■■
>>
File: 1485392544751.jpg (29KB, 499x430px) Image search: [Google]
1485392544751.jpg
29KB, 499x430px
>>50554215
>mfw a toxicologist who wants to sperg out about about all the cool shit I could make to fuck over living physiology (not counting new toxins not found on earth), but know that it's hard countered by a tier 1 skill
It's an abstract form of hell.
>>
>>50554309
Go ahead and copy anon, I don't mind at all.
>>
>>50554234
Why would factions be banned, my dear? It is only natural for human beings to team up for many reasons. To keep the peace, to stay safe, to become rich, and to commit organized crime, which can accomplish all of the previous goals... Maybe you're not quite as intelligent as you say you are... Ohohoho, I am feeling like quite the comedian today!
>>
>>50554309
thermite isn't an explosive and needs a different heat source to start the reaction. Try again.
>>
>>50554361
I plan to settle in the desert and live off the wilderness saving 50 or so tribute. I can just leave the piss outside and let the piss dry out throughout the entire day while I go about my business, train, study and hunt monsters.
>>
>>50554426
Why'dja go exempt with a fun build like that?

This would be you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mugc_0BsCks

MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA
>>
>>50554418
Oh it definitely shouldn't. That's why so many of us have argued about Nullification and its need for clarification, though that's a pointless debate for another day. But Light/Dark is explicitly one of the types of magic in the setting to the point that you can enchant things with them. Monster transformation certainly seems supernatural, but doesn't really fall into a magical discipline.

Though I do remember Bliss saying Nullification can cancel out some of the powers that monsters use, depending. Things like illusions/Tiger fire are Nullifiable, whereas Hydra's regen, Wurm's burrowing, and the like definitely aren't. Dragon fire-breathing (if they do that) is more debatable, since it might be biological than magical? Who knows there.
>>
>>50554512
Bliss's logic back there was external vs internal magic. The warrior can't just use his willpower to stop magic thats inside your body- then he could just will your heart to stop. So its only magic outside of you that it stops, like tiger's fire aura.
>>
File: forge a weapon.jpg (6MB, 1200x7815px) Image search: [Google]
forge a weapon.jpg
6MB, 1200x7815px
Hey, I have this sitting in my (pretty small) cyoa folder, and it seems like DLC. Is this DLC? What is this DLC for?
>>
>>50554552
Right. How is it that he's able to will my body into changing shapes, especially as its all internal magic? Sounds really weird to me.
>>
>>50554433
/tg/ in general is not friendly to poisons.
>>
>>50554581
All of SDA's CYOAs.
>>
>>50554507
Skill is attack speed, agility is movement speed.
>>
>>50554585
Thats why he's NOT able to will your body into changing shapes, because the magic is in your flesh. Nullify counters tiger fire aura, so you're not on fire- but you're still a tiger.
>>
>>50554581
It's not DLC. It's a short thing SDA did as an experiment. He was going to expand it in his Dark Souls CYOA or something like that, but, you know, he's been on hiatus since then and nothing has come of it besides some Battlemage previews. So sorry Anon, that's a standalone.
>>
>>50554581
If I recall correctly, that's a part of an incomplete CYOA
>>
>>50554633
Aye, but in relation to Intangible. I've heard conflicting statements and I'm leaning towards Intangible not being affected by Nullification for that very reason but also to just not make Nullification even stronger because of fluff.
>>
>>50554460

I guess it's just in the Clubhouse that Factions are outlawed...We can be friends and hunt together sometimes. I'll have to take off if there's any torturing going on though.
>>
>>50554304
If spend tribute on market services and market's description states you can buy and sell anything, than Bomb Anon can buy piss from the market, simply because he paid for that service and denying his purchasing decisions goes against the rules of the cyoa.

And because urine demand is very very low, he can probably get away with buying enough piss to make enough bombs for the culling and to kill monsters and get it pretty cheaply.

Hell the local merchants will probably pay Bomb Anon to get rid of their piss for them, because it keeps the streets sanitary and not smelling of piss.
>>
>>50554685
Well, by the wacky rules of the world, Bomb Anon needn't worry about his supply.
>>
>>50554685
He doesn't even have to buy it. He can charge money to run a waste removal service instead. The big thing is, he won't service you unless #1 and #2 are separate. Tada! Paid for taking piss away.
>>
>>50554715
Im just glad I bought Bounty so I can put a price on the peebomber.
>>
>>50554649
>not sure whether to take the Circlet and be dragged kicking and screaming into Good, take the Crown and be dragged kicking and screaming into Evil, or take the Key and go on adventures throughout the multiverse
>>
>>50554649
I'll take the doll. There's a couple of people I wouldn't mind seeing poked through of holes, or having some influence over.
>>
>>50554649
Take bracelet, become immortal, xianxia style.
>>
>>50554715
You...seem to think it much more difficult to obtain piss in this period than I. I'd think it'd be trivially easy, considering he's paying people to do something he could probably found a merchant empire on.
>>
>>50554649
>Take the Fetish
>make it look like myself
>use it to rewrite my own mind
>once done, remove any identifying marks

Self-improvement made easy.
>>
>>50554775
I'm not arguing against medieval sewer technology anymore. It was pointed out that there's a market where any good can be secured. What can I offer against? This isn't a normal sort of thing to find in a market, but it isn't a normal sort of market or world, either. I have to concede.
>>
Hey, piss bomber guy, couldn't you harvest urea from other animals' urine? Why not run a farm or something?
>>
>>50554675
>>50552927
If you or other's are curious about my services, I have a pamphlet for you.

http://pastebin.com/gZaKsFvv
>>
>>50552366
the dragonrider
class-warrior
blessing-dragon soul
physical-tempered, toughness, willpower
spiritual-one with nature, bloodlust, monster within, incarnation, twin divide
weaponry-marksmanship, ancient weapon
ethereal-recall, blessed, healing, wings

5 strength
6 defense
6 agility
2 intelligence
3 skill

bounties-phoenix, basilisk, dragon
forge, library, market, healing, training, scavenging, diner, club, bounty, servant, attitude, middle
>clone self
>clone incarnates into dragon
>I support with healing and ranged attacks
>wings in case I get knocked off
we focus on aerial monsters. A dragon should be able to tank a phoenix pretty easily, I would think. basilisk petrification might be trickier. Taking on the real thing is reserved for once we get more experience.
>>
>>50554913
I could anon, but that also takes time to setup and time and energy to take care of the animals on the farm.

My best strategy is to simply create a waste removal service, going around town asking people to separate out their piss and shit for money, burying the shit in the desert with worm soul's quick burrowing aspect and making bombs from the piss.

With the money I get from running this service I can hire servants, buy mercury and aluminum from the market/underground black market, buy rectified spirits and hard liqueurs from the bar and commission the blacksmith to produce iron pipes, brass caps, cylindrical drums and copper/iron bowls for my explosive casings.
>>
Found a pic of the piss bomber guy.
>>
>>50555148
I second this motion.
>>
>>50552458
>>50553577
>>50554426
>only high threat stuff
You know the "majority of rookies that will die in their first year"?

That's you.
>>
>>50555235
Hey, I (>>50553577) can just train for the first season or two, not to mention how low-risk trapping tends to be even without One With Nature and maybe a teammate or two.
>>
>>50554649
Doll. Everyone is now a potential play thing!
>>
>>50554649
Spellbook, please. I really really want to be able to use magic.
>>
>>50555235
pff nothing is fast enough to catch me and I'm exempt from culling.
>>
>>50555530
>exempt
kys
>>
>>50555504
WIZARDRY is usually the best option in these things.
>>
>>50554998

Well I hope there isn't to big of a demand for those kinds of services!
>>
>>50555235
I'm >>50552458
Not exposing myself to much when 200m up in the air with barriers around me and casting lightning and fire.
>>
>>50555504
its not full magic though, its just eldritch summoning. I'm pretty sure thats the single most likely line of magic to backfire in a magnificently tragic and painful way.
>>
>>50555579
Do you know what a Dragon is? Do you know what a Strange monster is? Do you know had they are both Five Skull threads, which are likely to appear in the Sunken Desert? Did you forget to take Indomitable?
>>
>>50555579
The strange monster is gonna wreck you so hard.

>>50555554
so very close to sextuples
>>
>>50555621
>which are likely to appear in the Sunken Desert?
Right. In the Desert. Since we cant change territories later, I'm starting off on the cliffsides of the Mountain instead, where I'll be likely to see everything from Wolves to Wurms, but no real flying threats. I can pick my battles very easily and get more experienced in the Mountains at both flying and combat, so that when I get ready I might bring a friend or two with me to go hunt some dragons.

[/spoiler]Might add Indomitable, been thinking of another change in the build aswell[/spoiler]
>>
>>50555561
Have you ever met the average 4channer? of course there is demand,
>>
>>50555383
You're gonna get raped if anything catches you out setting traps.

>>50555530
You're going to die the second you try to actually kill any monster that can shoot back or match you in speed.

>>50555579
That height advantage isn't worth what you think it is. Especially considering how obvious casting flashy spells everywhere is.
>>
>>50555722
>that attempt at spoilers
>>
>>50555784
i know, i fugged up.

>>50555770
Depends a whole lot on which threat you're facing. At worst I'm at equal advantage + increased mobility
>>
>>50555799
Don't feed the defeatist. You could have all the skills and infinite tribute, and it still wouldn't give you an appreciable chance of survival against, say, the slimes.
>>
>>50555770
>You're gonna get raped if anything catches you out setting traps.
Hence the bodyguard, whether teamed up, hired, or charmed.
And I do still have 13 INT and three T4 skills that use it.
>>
>>50553318
I didn't make any of those CYOAs, though.
>>
>>50555946
What's your opinion on Monster Hunter cyoa?

And have you made a build for it?
>>
>>50555036
>burying the shit in the desert
>not selling as fertilizer
You're fucking hopeless. What a waste of my waste removal service idea.
>>
>>50554649
I'll take the circlet. I'm sure the entity will pay for a round or two so long as I'm giving free drinks to buddies right?
Oh who am I kidding, I have no friends. Still, I'm sure it will help me live a life comfort so long I ask for occasional help for strangers.
>>
>>50556091
That's because I'm still planning to ferment all that shit into explosives, the longer that shit is allowed to ferment the more nitrates can I extract.

If I survive the Culling I plan to industrialize monster hunting.
>>
>>50552366
It's not special, but it's mine

>Class
Hunter
>Blessing
+3 Intelligence

>Stats
Strength:3
Defense: 4
Agility: 5
Intelligence: 7
Skill: 4

>Skills
>Physical
T1-Toughness (+def)
T2-Willpower
T3-Sixth Sense
>Magical
T1-Catalyst (+skill)
T1-Fire
T1-Water
T2-Arcane (+int)
T3-Combine (+int)
T3-Blink
>Spiritual
T1-One with Nature (+def)
T2-Monster Within
T3-Fleet Footed
T3-Hybrid
T4-Incarnation
>Weaponry
T1-Marksman (+agi)
T2-Enchantment (+int)
>Ethereal
T1-Indomitable (+str)
T1-Pocketing

>Licences (6 Threat, 50 Tribute total)
Ancient Plains (3 Threat, 25 Tribute)
Twilight Forest (3 Threat, 25 Tribute)

>Persona
Visitor (20)
>Resources
Library (10)
Market (10)
Bounty (5)
>5 leftover Tribute

I'm a hunter of beasts, not men. But, I also know that I still have a good life and obligation to this world two.
May as well try to balance it out.
>>
>>50553450
source?
>>
>>50555799
Oh, come on. Flight isn't as op as you think it is. I'm not claiming that it's worth shit like the other guy, but you think you're never disadvantaged? Give me a break.
>>
>>50555748

You didn't help make Domain Master?
>>
>>50556331

Wanting to add disgusting gross dicks to perfectly qt women. Fucking EW!
>>
>>50556055
It's one of my favourites and yes.
>>
>>50556395
If you meant to quote me, Angel, yeah. Kind of. I kinda just laid down the foundation for what became DM. It ended up being something kinda different from what I had in mind.
>>
>>50556449

I see. It is one of my favorites. Will you ever make one like what you had in mind?
>>
>>50556482
Probably not, I don't see a point of creating another CYOA that will more or less follow the same formula. There's plenty of CYOAs to choose from in this regard.
>>
>>50556482
His version basically amounted to building a way and place to commit suicide.
>>
>>50556431
Will post your build please?
>>
>>50556508

Yeah, there's lots of build your realm types. I just like that one better than most.
>>
>>50556482
Basically we had faggots like this >>50556509 who wanted to be the most powerful being in the universe.

The point of Level Design was for you to become mary-sue levels of bullshit, and you'd pose as the 'final boss'. You play the antagonist, so there naturally would be a group of protagonists who would eventually confront you.

It was meant to be comedic in nature, but then you had people like this guy whining about actually not being the most powerful being in the universe when the CYOA was meant to be a jab at people like him.

It was a joke, but these guys got so anally ravaged that they ended up shitting up the threads for quite awhile. I wouldn't be surprised if they're anti-culling faggots, either.
>>
>>50556585
I want to wait for the update.
>>
>>50556609
Fair enough.

But's your opinion all all the peebomber build talk?
>>
>>50556627
I haven't been paying attention.
>>
File: 1463268441095.jpg (147KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1463268441095.jpg
147KB, 766x960px
>>50556600
>culling
>anti-culling
>all this enmity and assumptions of affiliation based on that dichotomy
This shit drives me up the wall.

There's literally an opt-out option, and people are still flinging shit at each other over it.
>>
File: 1451870509029.jpg (72KB, 1572x809px) Image search: [Google]
1451870509029.jpg
72KB, 1572x809px
>>50556688
It's true, though.

Anti-culling faggots must be purged.
>>
>>50556688
It's overpriced.
>>
>>50556600
>YOU WANT TO BE THE MOST POWERFUL IN THE UNIVERSE!
Or maybe I just don't find the idea of being murdered appealing, dumbass.
>>
File: hfw 0 charisma.png (211KB, 451x425px) Image search: [Google]
hfw 0 charisma.png
211KB, 451x425px
>>50556420

PREACH BRUDA
>>
>>50556688
I'm not anti-culling, in fact I think the whiners are fucking faggots. But I also think that the people who make "fuck you" builds and post them constantly to pull the "nuh uh I'm more powerful" playground stuff are huge faggots too

Like, I want to discuss sunken ruins and dragons, not how awesome you are to make this super special anime build that can kill any Hunter and here's how!
>>
>>50556721
You're not being murdered, you're making a super powered end level final boss and pitting heroes against him.

You're telling a story.
>>
>>50556747
Nah, you're the kid who pretended to be Goku at recess and insisted that you were the most powerfulest
>>
Wish there flaws/drawbacks/punishments in MH that you could take for one or two more skill points
>>
>>50556747
Right.
I cleverly FAKE my death and proceed to live out a happy life as an endboss with no enemies. bwahahaha!
Or you could go the monmusu quest route: as the final boss, go find the mc before she sets out on his quest and seduce her so she goes over to the dark side and doesnt try to kill you.
>>
>>50556747
The boss was framed as being YOU.
>>
>>50556825
>>50556809
i can tell you like penises
>>
>>50556825
That dosen't mean you -have- to lose, just that a boss that -cant- lose makes for a boring story
>>
>>50556802
That would actually be pretty good.

Have flaws like being hounded by monsters, or not being able to sell stuff on the market, or inclement weather whenever you go out hunting that only bothers you.
>>
>>50556851
and weaknesses/phobias to certain elements and such.
>>
>>50556851
I've always liked believable drawbacks. Like Dream Prince has "Easily Distracted" which relates to how someone in a wish fulfillment dream world would have tons of trouble staying on task.

I think a good MH example would be something like "Flashy". You sacrifice efficiency and practicality for style. Lose Agility but gain Influence Points
>>
>>50556880
>I think a good MH example would be something like "Flashy"
Seconded.
>>
>>50556711
>>50556688
I haven't been here long, does "culling" refer to monster hunter's battle-royale-esk event?
>>
>>50556953
Yeah it does.
>>
File: 1475297330188.gif (622KB, 269x201px) Image search: [Google]
1475297330188.gif
622KB, 269x201px
>>50552318
HIGHLANDER IS DEAD! DEAD!
>>
>>50556802
You mean "wish there drawbacks that don't inconvene me or I can bullshit my way out of for more points"
>>
>>50556964
ah ok. I'm all for that event, it's flavorful to the setting and does make for interesting discussion when centered around who you'd team up with rather than who you'd win against, but I do admit I choose the exempt option for each version of my build so I don't have to deal with the latter. Always a bro, never a foe, y'know?
>>
>>50556968
We're gonna look real stupid when Highlander escapes Kit's sex dungeon.
>>
>>50556974
Both yes and no I guess, I dont think its a good thing if the drawbacks are so damaging that noone will take them at all, but at the same time they shouldnt be too easy either. Ideal I'd think was six different drawbacks, can only pick two for a maximum of two extra points so the handwaving doesnt get too bad.
>>
>>50556843
You had to lose in that CYOA.
>>
>>50557005
Bliss says teams are forbidden.
>>
>>50557092
That's horseshit.
>>
>>50557092
Factions are forbidden, not teams. Theres several options which explicitly mention groups and tams
>>
>>50557092
Bliss can say whatever she likes. MH cyoa does NOT say teams are forbidden.
>>
>>50557107
>>50557092
I misspoke:
>Bliss says teams are forbidden.
That statement is a complete fabrication
>>
>>50556968
Did you get this gif from that /aco/ thread, anon?
>>
File: 1464997383397s.jpg (3KB, 63x125px) Image search: [Google]
1464997383397s.jpg
3KB, 63x125px
>>50557029
>Kit's sex dungeon
>Yuri rape between a dominant foxgirl and a qt brown girl
>>
>>50557119
factions not teams. It is listed in the first hangout.
>>
>>50557179
Highlander is a brown lesbian?
>>
>>50557193
And a muslim to boot!
That makes it ten times hotter!
>>
>>50557187
Yeah, you're right, they are forbidden.

IN the club you huge dummy
>>
>>50557211
Muslim?!? Yea right.
>>
>>50557179
>it's been a few weeks now
>kit's graduated to dressing up HL in a maid outfit, occasionally walking her on a leash around the house
>if she's a good girl she gets a treat
>if she's a bad girl she gets a spanking and goes back into the basement
>stockholm syndrome starting to set in
>when the "tail" toy and kitty ears Kit ordered arrive its all over

There's worse ways to go, but not many.
>>
File: 42364366868.png (259KB, 852x366px) Image search: [Google]
42364366868.png
259KB, 852x366px
>>50556968
>>
>>50553511
Do you guys think I should do an update of that?
>>
>>50557483
I would like one. As unbalanced as it was it was one of my favs.
>>
>>50557517
So what were the imbalances again?

I just remember the whole, "intimidate is in the same tier as time control" thing.

I might add that intimidate and other speech stuff can be used on anything, like that one greentext where that half-orc rogue could intimidate wooden planks into becoming a crow's nest.
>>
File: ODST crate.jpg (98KB, 1000x525px) Image search: [Google]
ODST crate.jpg
98KB, 1000x525px
>>50557334
Halo CYOA when?
>>
>>50557533
It was mostly the magic being much more powerful than everything else (with some options sucking), and the factions/missions where a tad unbalanced as well. The hero of legend then was truly one of the best options I have ever seen in a cyoa. Godmode but you have to face all final threats at once.
>>
>>50553511
>>50557483
I haven't seen this one. Anyone mind posting it? Both versions, perhaps, if there are significant differences.
>>
>>50557583

The day you
Make it !:D
>>
File: image.jpg (838KB, 1272x1800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
838KB, 1272x1800px
Can anyone post Box Wines 'Adventure Academy CYOA' , all 7 pages? 4chan isn't letting me.
>>
File: Magic TG Order Form Page 2 WIP.png (4MB, 1200x9000px) Image search: [Google]
Magic TG Order Form Page 2 WIP.png
4MB, 1200x9000px
A little bit of progress on the TG Order Form. I'm getting really busy now so progress may slow just a bit (still, I'm almost done, anyway)

I need one more meta-level thing to offer people. Can anyone think of any ideas? I'm kinda scratching my head for stuff. Other than that, and finding images for all the options, I'm getting really close to being done. That said, I'm also prepping for finals week, so my work might be a little sloppy

Please criticize my work. I must improve my self and my CYOA.
>>
File: 1480193230459.jpg (35KB, 412x371px) Image search: [Google]
1480193230459.jpg
35KB, 412x371px
>>50558056
>Between America, Alaska, Hawaii
>>
>>50558245
Yeah yeah, mainland 48. I know. As long as it gets the geographic indication down, I don't care.
>>
>>50558056
How much does Rediscovery make you forget?
>>
>>50557861
I don't have it downloaded on my PC, but I posted them on FJ when I first made them.

here they are:
http://www.funnyjunk.com/channel/cyoa/Great+war+of+ordion+cyoa/alwfLny/

http://www.funnyjunk.com/channel/cyoa/Great+war+of+ordion+cyoa+v20/goLgLtb/
>>
Where's the order cyoa wasn't it supposed to be done in November
>>
>>50558274
everything regarding your tastes.

You won't even know your own sexuality or what your favorite food or movie is.
>>
>>50557331
That, was... really not as cute as they used to be, also it kinda goes against how i think i'llbe/want to be in a relationship, but i think you're writing stories about imaginary me, not real me.

(I'm still so many threads behind but i'll read the responses to Classes cyoa today and respond, i promise!)
>>
File: 1465931344081.jpg (594KB, 625x800px) Image search: [Google]
1465931344081.jpg
594KB, 625x800px
>>50556968
>>
>>50552458
Noble

Blessing: +3 Skill

Str: 5
Def: 9
Agi: 5
Int: 3
Skill: 10

>Physical
Tier 1: Tempered, Toughness, Martial Arts
Tier 2: Willpower, Athletics
Tier 3: Enhanced, Sixth Sense, Shockwaves
Tier 4: Iron Mass

>Weaponry
Tier 1: Bladed Arms, Blunt Arms, Marksmanship
Tier 2: Ancient Weapon
Tier 3: Stamina

Ethereal
Tier 1: Indomitable, Recall
Tier 2: Blessed
Tier 3: Healing

Licences:
>Ancient Ruins: Threat 4, Tribute 50
>Glacial: Threat 3, Tribute 45

Persona
>Exempt (-25) [70]

Resources
>Provisions
Forge (-10) [60]
Library (-10) [50]
Alchemy (-10) [40]

>Services
Healing (-5) [35]
Training (-5) [30]

>Luxury
Bar (-5) [25]

>Hangout
Bounty (-5) [20]

>Accommodation
Low (-20) [0]
>>
>>50558056
I will now blame you for any terrible MS paint cyoas that are made in the future.
>>
>>50558052

>>50498518
>>50498538
>>50498559
>>50498595
>>50498635
>>50498648
He didn't post the DLC so you're sol
>>
>>50558056
>500 square miles
>large
Not even twice the size of Singapore.
>>
>>50558611
Why though? As I recall, Rosanon uses Photoshop.
>>
Has the author of MH been around? Has he said anything about Nullification affecting your own magic?
>>
File: 1479611046582.png (3MB, 1300x2900px) Image search: [Google]
1479611046582.png
3MB, 1300x2900px
So Trader, Radar and Creator seem the most picked. I expected that, so I tried buffing Mixologist and Explorer (by giving the latter the exclusive ability to slow aging). I'm glad at least one person picked the two.
>>50501264
Gracias, de nada
>>50501619
Yeah, Bliss told me it was shit, but he did so after I posted it sadly.
>>50501742
No.
>>50504121
The Visualist needs consent to change a person's appearance, so I'd say no, you can't buy years of a person's life.
>>50504680
If we were both African-American men, I'd call you my friend, anon. That's some good stuff.
I imagine Whisperers are more for one-on-one, but also to be used at a distance, where the Inspirer isn't as direct. Like, the Inspirer inspires you to "work", whether that be draw, write, do spreadsheets or whatever, and the Whisperer tells you to do one specific task.

I can't understand your arguments about "is it still my house if my window breaks", so Ican't respond to those
and i don't know why you're trying so hard to mess with trades, either. you wouldn't sign a contract then break it.
>>
File: Enforce_Change.jpg (4MB, 4820x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Enforce_Change.jpg
4MB, 4820x1296px
>>
>>50559409

Brave New World is literally, LITERALLY the only decent one. All this needs is an option to wipe out Humanity and just start over instead.
>>
File: hot huntress.png (446KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
hot huntress.png
446KB, 680x383px
>>50552366
Class: Noble

Stats:
STR 4
DEF 3
AGI 7
INT 8
SKL 9

Blessing: +3 Intelligence

Physical:
T1 Martial Arts -1 (+1 SKL)
T2 Athletics -1 (+1 AGI)
T3 Shockwaves -1 (+1 STR)

Magical:
T1 Fire -1
T2 Arcane -1 (+1 INT)
T3 Combine -1 (+1 INT)
T4 Time Warp -3 (+3 AGI)

Weaponry:
T1 Blunt Arms -1 (+1 STR)
T2 Ancient Weapon -1 (+1 SKL)
T2 Enchantment -1 (+1 INT)
T4 Skull Weaponry -3
T4 Ancient Will -3 (+3 SKL)

Spiritual:
T1 Indomitable -1 (+1 STR)
T2 Blessed -1 (+1 DEF)

Licenses:
Deep Plains +25
Ancient Mountains +50

Persona: Gender -5, Beauty -5, Exempt -25
Resources: Market -10
Accomodation: Middle -30

I will finally proceed to live peacefully. Thankfully, there seems to be no other place as pretty as this town.
>>
>>50558056
It kind of wish you'd gone for more unique drawbacks rather than stacking them. E.g., you made three different versions of Roll the Dice rather than one that you can take multiple times, taking up the space for two other drawbacks.

There's also a couple I doubt anyone's ever going to take. Black Secret, for example - nobody wants to imagine themselves suddenly gaining a thing for scat or romans.
>>
>>50559406
The two clarifications people really need are whether or not Trader can trade only for possible things (e.g., I promise to do X) or impossible things (e.g., I'll sell you my skill at banjo playing for a year of your life), and whether or not Radar can find abstract things (my true love), things which require precognition (the next winning lottery ticket), or which they don't know exists (a crashed alien spaceship).
>>
>>50559738

Literally says you can buy abstract things.
>>
File: goteamventure01.jpg (24KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
goteamventure01.jpg
24KB, 512x384px
>>50553936
>>50554433
>mfw I have a background in metallurgy and material science

Lads, it's time
>>
File: t1bdVsr.jpg (46KB, 640x667px) Image search: [Google]
t1bdVsr.jpg
46KB, 640x667px
>>50557331

Mega hot.
>>
>>50559802
But it gives examples of abstract things which are possible to trade without magic, like promises. It doesn't give examples of abstract things which aren't possible to trade without magic, like youth.
>>
File: 1473042899591.jpg (40KB, 284x284px) Image search: [Google]
1473042899591.jpg
40KB, 284x284px
>>50559824
>>
>>50559833
>b-b but it dosent exhaustively list every single abstraction possible!

I'm so glad I don't have autism
>>
>>50559833

They're examples, nigger. It's not gonna tell you exactly what you can, and can't trade.
>>
>>50559857
That's why you should treat the examples as examples. Instead of disregarding them.
>>
>>50559878

It's not gonna start with 'you can trade a cent for omnipotence' or some shit. Abstract can mean anything.
>>
>>50559902
That's why you have examples, so you don't go just anywhere.
>>
>>50559834

Yes. And?
>>
>>50559917

Again, the examples aren't the only things you can trade for.
>>
>>50559932
But they are good examples of the sort of thing you can. That's what example means. I think you're just ignoring basic meanings here.
>>
File: 1358180225370.jpg (20KB, 405x384px) Image search: [Google]
1358180225370.jpg
20KB, 405x384px
>>50559929
>>
>>50559936

It just says abstract things, nowhere does it say that you're limited in exactly what you can trade.
>>
>>50559957
Again, stop ignoring basic meanings. Or don't, and have fun with your deliberate misinterpretation I guess, it's your fantasy.
>>
>>50559851
No, I'm pretty sure that if you can't understand examples are supposed to be suggestive of the listmaker's intentions then you're the one with autism. Autists do very badly with implicit limitations rather than explicit ones.

>>50559902
>>50559957
There's two or more valid interpretations, and that's why I'm asking for clarification. We know the author was here, we might as well wait for them to clarify instead of shitstorming.
>>
File: 624378987234078924.jpg (74KB, 450x321px) Image search: [Google]
624378987234078924.jpg
74KB, 450x321px
>>50559945

It's the purest form of love desu.
>>
File: 1725964189430.jpg (13KB, 114x141px) Image search: [Google]
1725964189430.jpg
13KB, 114x141px
>>50560025

No it isn't.
>>
File: 1480949434697.jpg (24KB, 293x340px) Image search: [Google]
1480949434697.jpg
24KB, 293x340px
>>50560039
How do you know they aren't siblings?
>>
>>50559409
>>50559423
Agreed, but for a different reason. All the other options use advanced technology to inflict their changes on humanity - which means Brave New World can be used to cause those same changes in a less all-or-nothing manner. E.g., lessened V-Pattern inhibitors that make violence extremely difficult, coupled with mild calming psychotropics and an expansion of our "monkeyspheres" to include the whole of humanity as humans, for example.
>>
>>50560047

That's a big if.
>>
>>50560048

Yeah, it goes on about limited resources and needing resources to build things, but you take care of that sort of stuff first so you don't fuck yourself over. It's not like we have barely any resources right now.
>>
File: 1471671416924.jpg (500KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1471671416924.jpg
500KB, 1280x1707px
>>50560058
I didn't write any ifs, silly.
>>
>>50560086

Okay then. How do you know they are siblings?
>>
File: 1480990261102.jpg (81KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480990261102.jpg
81KB, 1080x1080px
>>50560039

Totally is.
>>
File: p.jpg (52KB, 610x671px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
52KB, 610x671px
>>50560098
That's a big assumption.
>>
>>50560108

Not unless they're siblings.
>>
File: 1475428843673.jpg (71KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1475428843673.jpg
71KB, 1024x683px
>>50560130

Nope. Don'e see how it makes a difference.
>>
>>50560111

For you.
>>
>>50560150

Obviously because you know nothing about the purest form of love.
>>
File: monolith.jpg (7MB, 4393x3000px) Image search: [Google]
monolith.jpg
7MB, 4393x3000px
>>50560150
hot
>>
>>50560168
Oh my. How often do you make love to your sibling, anon?
>>
>>50560176

Not telling.

What about you?
>>
>>50560181
I don't even have any. I'm just wondering what the bounds of your insanity are.
>>
>>50560193

I am truly sorry that you cannot see the greatness of the purest form of love.
>>
>>50560171
Genetic Engineering. Most of the choices just aren't viable because they'll kill you to create a robot or clone who looks like you, acts like you, and has a backup of your personality. So it's either the one that allows for super-healing or the one that lets us create specialized biological servant races. I've made my choice.
>>
>>50560201
I'm not. I think it's a gift that I, as well as most other people, aren't as genuinely degenerate as you.
>>
>>50560217
>duh... ginnersee!
>>
File: Waifu Blues 1.png (5MB, 1200x6100px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu Blues 1.png
5MB, 1200x6100px
>>50553443
>>
File: Waifu Blues 2.png (4MB, 1200x5000px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu Blues 2.png
4MB, 1200x5000px
>>50560607
>>
File: Waifu Blues 3.png (3MB, 1200x3100px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu Blues 3.png
3MB, 1200x3100px
>>50560633
>>
File: Waifu Blues 4.png (5MB, 1200x4900px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu Blues 4.png
5MB, 1200x4900px
>>50560653
>>
File: Waifu Blues 5.png (6MB, 1200x6200px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu Blues 5.png
6MB, 1200x6200px
>>50560670
>>
File: Waifu Blues 6.png (378KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu Blues 6.png
378KB, 800x800px
>>50560686
If you refuse the offer to become a waifu, then this terrible fate awaits you.
>>
>>50560686
Needs more waif/u/ options. Girls who love girls need love too.
>>
>>50560740
It's an old CYOA that will probably never get any updates. Or at least I don't think Beri was planning on any, and preferring to work on new ones over updating old ones.
>>
>>50558419
So wait, you HAVEN'T been keeping Highlander trapped in your sex dungeon? False alarm, people, I guess she's just slacking. Or this is a Kit-imitator.
>>
>>50560686
>>50560607
So tell me again why
>Kula
>Slimegirl
>Hydromancy
>Shrinking
And ascending to Demon Queen by shrinking all opposition and tentacle raping them forever isn't the best build?
Oh wait, that's because it is.
>>
File: Monster Hunter Character v1.png (6MB, 1610x3468px) Image search: [Google]
Monster Hunter Character v1.png
6MB, 1610x3468px
>>50552366
Start slow and work my way up.
>>
>>50560955

Typing it out would take less effort.
>>
>>50559738
>(e.g., I'll sell you my skill at banjo playing for a year of your life)
You can trade skill, yes, not lifespan. It is impossible to quantify. Your lifespan can change at a whim, it's impossible to know exactly how long you'll live.
>Radar can find abstract things
I'll say no. You need to know what you're looking for (X's lost purse, your house etc.)
>lottery tickets
No.
>They don't know exist
No. Again, you need to know what you're searching for
>>50559902
You can't trade omnipotence since you don't have it.
>>
>>50560955
Can't change your build after you start.

So no matter how good you become, you'll still be a slime farming loser with nothing but a fancy house.
>>
>>50560740
>>50560776
Actually, seeing it posted just now, I was reading over it and considering that.
"Considering," as in, don't get your hopes up. It could be a pretty quick and easy update, though.
>>
>>50561030
So you can trade large sums of money for other peoples' classes?
How did you think that was balanced?
>>
>>50561030
How about "I'll buy your cancer for $1 million," and "I'll pay you $500,000 if you'll take my cancer"?

Or "if you sell me your class for $1.00, I won't have my men shoot you in the face"?
>>
>>50561030

>our lifespan can change at a whim

It's more like current lifespan. So if someone lives for 50 years, and you trade something for 10 of theirs, it doesn't matter if their lifespan changes a minute after you make a deal. Also, that's FOR omnipotence.
>>
File: uqCisQd.jpg (169KB, 726x716px) Image search: [Google]
uqCisQd.jpg
169KB, 726x716px
>>50560607
>>50560695
Creating a waifu for myself

Appearance
>Blonde
>Medium
>Large
>Lithe
>Fresh

Personality
>Submissive
>Matching
>Motherly

Hobbies
>Cooking
>Computers

Powers
>Marriage
>Love Construct
>>
>>50558056
Looking good, Rosanon - I've had my eye on this cyoa for a while.

For the last meta bonus option, what about something where taking a particular combination of Bonuses and Drawbacks results in being drawn into a specific anime-esque plotline that wouldn't happen otherwise?
>>
I'm thinking about making a futanari CYOA, but I need some ideas on how to make it stand out from the other waifu CYOAs.
>>
>>50561051

Who is this cum commando?
>>
>>50560880
Well, that's rather lewd, but as long as you're peaceful about it, I don't think Kula would mind. Slimegirl is always a choice I wholeheartedly approve of.
>>
>>50561032
>Can't change your build after you start.

Where did I miss that memo? I would assume that one could grow in strength as they trained and practiced.
>>
>>50561102

It's pretty stupid, but I'm sure the creator mentioned it at some point.
>>
>>50561030
>You can trade skill, yes, not lifespan. It is impossible to quantify. Your lifespan can change at a whim, it's impossible to know exactly how long you'll live.

What about youth? That's easily quantifiable.
Say I'm thirty. Can I buy a year of youth from another thirty year old, thus aging him by one year and rendering myself unaging for the same length of time?

Alternately, if actual lifespan is still an issue, can I buy a year of youth from said person, rendering me unaging for one year but having him age at twice the rate for that amount of time? (In the latter scenario, I would lose my agelessness should the person die before the year is done.)

What about things like physical traits? Can I trade my hazel eyes for another's blue eyes?
>>
>>50561030
So I can trade things like physical strength and intelligence? Or pay someone else to feel 90% of my pain for me, or to take any injuries that would be inflicted on me? I can commit crimes, then pay someone to accept my status as a criminal? I can offer to pay someone enough to care for their children for their entire natural lives if they'll die in my stead the next time I would die?

I think you may want to rethink how powerful you're making Trader. No class comes even close to comparing.
>>
>>50561044
>Actually, seeing it posted just now, I was reading over it and considering that.
Well it would get some of us to actually consider romantic relations with our chosen suitor.
>>
>>50561102
Your licenses and bounties are locked permanently once you've chosen them. You can never upgrade them or change them. Thus sayeth Bliss.
>>
>>50561044
I won't get my hopes up, but I would love to see it if you did decide to add DLC.
>>
>>50561069
I'd think most of the futanari enthusiasts that frequent these threads would rather be one than be with one. Or they'd rather be with a futa while having themselves changed into a woman or futa.
>>
>>50561185
This. I have no interest in having a futa girlfriend, but I am interested in being a cute girl's futa girlfriend.
>>
>>50561202

How important is the futa part? Why?
>>
>>50561213
I'd guess pretty important, since that seems to be the whole premise of the CYOA: >>50561069
>I'm thinking about making a futanari CYOA
>>
>>50561247

I mean, for you. Why is the

>being a cute girl's futa girlfriend

Part so important to you? Not interest in being a regular girl/boyfriend?
>>
>>50561102
It's pretty retarded, means you either have to be suicidal and hope you're the lucky idiot who doesn't get flamebreathed to ashes or you're the cowardly idiot who will be hunting slime until the sun goes out or you get CULLED.
>>
>>50561185
>>50561185
The the reverse of this guy:
>>50561202
I'd like to be a cute girl with a futa girlfriend

If you mandate that some futa is required your CYOA will stick out. Maybe declare that even if a player intends to lose the futa girlfriend She's fated to be the player's soul mate, especially after their personality is tweaked ever so slighty to prefer futas.(Maybe make that last bit optional, but a prerequisite for anything good)
>>
>>50560871
I can neither confirm nor deny what, or who, is currently sitting in my basement. But I can guarantee IF, hypothetically speaking, HL IS in my basement, she's correcting all those we're/were and then/than mistakes in her CYOA
>>50561047
No, you can't trade classes.
>balance
I didn't. I made Trader first. If I could retroactively nerf Trader, I would. I won't, because thatll ust get anon mad and hell post his "good verison" every time the "author's intention" version is posted, and i don't want to deal with that
>>50561050
You can't know he'll live for 50 years when you strike the deal so you can't buy his age.
>>50561113
No, you can't trade youth/age. Case closed. There are other cyoas if you want immortality
>trade eye color
Yes. Or pay the Visualist.
>>50561129
Yep. See earlier response in this post. but theres no point in fixing a horribly imbalanced option.
>>
>>50561102
The vast majority of growth comes from gaining experience and foresight, with any training plateauing at maaaybe a point's worth of growth.
The Lord of the Hunt does hand out minor boons on occasion, though usually to those that particularly please him - killing a legendarily strong monster (or Hunter), placing second in the Convergence, etc.

You can't ever change your purchases, but you can potentially make a bit more Tribute from selling goods or services with the relevant perks.

>>50561213
It's like being a lesbian, but with more blowjobs.
>>
>>50561296
Then why not balance all the classes on the same level as Trader? It's better to have a stupidly powerful CYOA than a CYOA where there's only one option. It's not really a CYOA if the choices are "pick the right option" or "haha, you're an idiot!"

Of course, I think it's better to just let anon REEEEE, but I doubt I'll be convincing you of that.
>>
>>50561270
Dunno about the other guy (to whom you originally presented the question), but I guess for me it'd mostly come down to partial autogynephilia or something.
>>
>>50561382

Will you ever assign monsters to certain types of terrain? What exactly are the dangers of the individual terrains if we only know them by that little skull icon?
>>
>>50560695
I love this option. So many of the Become the Girl CYOAs completely alienate me. My imagination is fine, but I honestly cannot think of why I'd ever want to be a little girl. Or gender switch at all, really
>>
>>50561296

You certainly aren't the first, bu authors really need to clear up the shit you can do with options. In the descriptions. Like, point out the limits so that people won't assume all sorts of shit and so that we won't have to have entire threads about how something works until the author comes along.
>>
>>50552259

Sanctuary Master

Spirit Bomb - All-round upgrade.
Divinity - the collapse of civilisation makes a lot of products near-impossible to reproduce. It might take time and risk, but this will greatly mitigate that.
Lifegiver - Aside from feeding the sanctuary, should allow for improved production of lumber and fabrics.
Sacred Ground and Holy Land - making the sanctuary malleable will maximise potential population and physical defences.
Messiah - risky, but essential to using the other abilities well.
Regeneration - Spirit Bomb should increase the effectiveness of this, though it'll never be as good as Lay/Miracle.
Holy Water - If you can bless enough water, then it can become a part of sanctuary defences, and every inhabitant can carry some.
>>
>>50559409
>4820x1296
I suggest making it one third as wide (~1600 pixels) with 4 columns (~400p each) and 2 rows (~325p). While it fits on my screen nicely without any compression and I appreciate the hi-res images, not everyone has that luxury. It just makes sense to make use of vertical scrolling and let people with more modest screen resolutions be able to read the text when 4chan resizes to fit the horizontal (a useful feature). I do not think the images lose much impact at 1/3 resolution.
>>
>>50561296
The literal only thing you have to do is say that 'abstract things' only means promises.

People were assuming that's what it meant, that's what the examples implied, and people still thought it was strong anyway.

Plus, patching one or two words (or even a formal update with lots of other changes) won't make anybody mad except for the people who would've gotten butthurt no matter what you do.
>>
>>50561270
It's not that important, anon. It's a preference, not the end of the world.

As for why it's a preference? A little bit autogynophila like >>50561409 points out, a little bit aesthetics, a little bit eroticization of lesbians. I prefer girl on girl to girl on guy, and would rather be a sexy lesbian than a sexy heterosexual man in my fantasies. But at the same time, full lesbian lacks the unique intimacy of penis-in-vagina sex. So, futa is best of both worlds.
>>
>>50561448

>but I honestly cannot think of why I'd ever want to be a little girl

Yeah, seems like we're the only 2 people on this site that feel that way.
>>
>>50561489
I mean, I get it from the point of view of sexual curiousity, but if that's the case I'd rather just be a grown woman.

But yeah being a little girl has no benefits for me either.
>>
>>50561440
Maybe in the update, not sure if there'll be room for it. In the meantime, just use your head.

The dangers are whatever you think you'd find - Desert has desolation and sandstorms, Caves have the occasional cave-in, etc.
>>
>>50561440
The way I envision it, you can find examples of any monster anywhere. Take dragons, for example. Fire dragon, ice dragons, swamp dragons, storm dragons. Hell, just flip through a D&D compendium and you can find a dragon for any biome on, under, above, and ignoring earth. I suspect that the other categories have enough variety to be similarly widespread too.
>>
>>50561485

Alright, alright. I see your point. I can't say I don't think the same about some of that shit you wrote. Still, I'd prefer to just have the dick. I'd rather not have anyone stick anything anywhere near my holes.

So, when do we start arguing about how gay futa is?
>>
>>50561489
To be fair, I play most "be the girl" CYOAs the same way that option "offically" allows. For example, I use the Order Form and Succubus CYOAs to imagine what sort of girl I'd like to have rather than what I'd like to be.

Even if my picks usually just result in making what is essentially my gf with huge tits.
>>
>>50561540

Yeah, I suppose. Don't think anyone would ever find a Leviathan anywhere but the coast, though. Maybe the plains, or the forest? I'm just looking at the map though.
>>
>>50561540
Are there any kinds of monsters which are rare enough to not have a bounty, or which we otherwise aren't warned of? Also, are there Ancient, Sunken, Twilight, etc. of all Terrains, or does choosing that option put you on an Island where that terrain type has replaced the existing one?

Oh, are there any skills besides One With Nature that'll let you survive the Volcano or Molten terrain?
>>
>>50561382
>You can't ever change your purchases, but you can potentially make a bit more Tribute from selling goods or services with the relevant perks.

So hypothetically speaking if I started a waste removal service, collecting everybody's shit and piss for a fee and reselling the shit as compost/fertilizer back to the merchants and farmers in the market, how much extra tribute is that?
>>
>>50561610

Same here. Just make a little girl with a flat chest and huge ass.
>>
>>50561641

A shitload
>>
>>50561602
Yeah, that's why I like the idea of being the futa in the relationship. Especially if I have a magic retractable penis so I can still enjoy the pleasures of cunnilingus.
>>
>>50561636

I doubt you'll just melt instantly, but surely it won't be impossible to survive the volcano and molten terrains.
>>
>>50561649
>Just make a little girl with a flat chest and huge ass.

This is some great tastes you have friend. Stay safe now.
>>
File: Classes 2 Trader changes.png (3MB, 1300x2900px) Image search: [Google]
Classes 2 Trader changes.png
3MB, 1300x2900px
>>50561472
>Give examples
I thought I did, by saying "you can trade abstract stuff like an honest opinion" and "you can trade a dude's house".
It is impossible to prepare for all questions. I never in my wildest non-lewd dreams expected people would argue "can you find your house if it loses some paint, because then it isn't what you remembered?"
How can I possibly predict that argument?
>>50561383
Thing about balance is, it's impossible. I don't want Trader myself, and no amount of buffing could make me pick Explorer. So how do I make them all equals?
Changes to cyoas only bring ree.
>>50561481
>'abstract things' only means promises.
Okay, let's try.

Classes v2: Trader changed.
>>
>>50561700

>Especially if I have a magic retractable penis so I can still enjoy the pleasures of cunnilingus

Why wouldn't you be able to enjoy that with the penis?
>>
>>50561754
Your mistake is that you expect anons to be reasonable. Don't. They aren't, and there's nothing you can do about it. Don't tailor your CYOA to the unreasonable, they'll always find something new to blow out of proportion or munchkin past.
>>
>>50558611
>>50558824
Paint.NET.
I'm waiting for Affinity for Windows to get out of beta. I'll switch over to that whenever it drops.
>>50559712
you would be surprised what turns people on.
I know for a fact Black Secret will be picked by certain kinds of people.

>>50561065
That was my backup plan. I don't know if I want to go through with it or not. I'll keep thinking for now.
>>
>>50561754

>I thought I did, by saying "you can trade abstract stuff like an honest opinion" and "you can trade a dude's house".

Right, so why wouldn't you be able to trade for someone's years, or an infinite amount of other things? You basically said "these are some of the things you can trade for" and it's pretty much up to everyone else to figure out what else they can trade for.

And I see the updated CYOA, so tell me: Are those the only 3 "abstract" things you can trade?
>>
>>50561631
Maybe in a sunken cave or ruins. If you think of the island ecology, maybe they go that way to breed. Imagine all the little Levithan spawn scooting around trying not to be eaten by a particularly aquatic slime
>>
>>50561791

If people were reasonable min-maxing wouldn't be a thing.
>>
>>50561799
Because someone is capable of giving you their honest opinion or their house (or at least refrain from giving you an opinion they know isn't honest, or a house that isn't theirs). They aren't able to give you their "years". Since the Trader's power doesn't give you any special ability to give things you can't normally, just don't assume that it does?
>>
>>50561824
Reason is part of the package of humanity that makes min-maxing possible in the first place.
>>
>>50561824
There's no reason to tailor a CYOA to minmaxers. They're only minmaxing their own build in notepad.
>>
>>50561799
>why wouldn't you be able to trade for someone's years, or an infinite amount of other things?
Because why would you be able to trade those things? The examples were things you could already trade normally.
>>
>>50561832

The guy who made it said you can trade physical strength/intelligence, and stuff like eye color. Now, I suppose you can normally get someone elses' eyes, but I've never heard of the former happening. And if the former can happen, that opens the door to a lot of other things.
>>
>>50561631
No, Leviathans are pretty much coast-only, with a few stunted ones in lakes and Sunken Caves.
Just use your head to figure out what makes sense.

>>50561636
>Are there any kinds of monsters which are rare enough to not have a bounty, or which we otherwise aren't warned of?
A few, but you won't just bump into them without warning.
>Also, are there Ancient, Sunken, Twilight, etc. of all Terrains, or does choosing that option put you on an Island where that terrain type has replaced the existing one?
As it stands, the terrain makeups are roughly proportionate to what people picked for them - if literally everyone who picks Volcano in one particular Island takes Twilight to go with it, the entire Volcano will be Twilight.
The Lord of the Hunt also sorts things out so that nobody's ever the only person with their particular terrain combination; everyone has a decent amount of space to hunt in.
>Oh, are there any skills besides One With Nature that'll let you survive the Volcano or Molten terrain?
There's still a lot of solid ground (unless you take Molten Volcano), so you could theoretically hunt there without any protection.
That would be super dumb, though, so any flight takes most of the risk away, a high enough Defense lets you survive an occasional dip, and there are fire resistance spells in the Fire and Water elements.

>>50561641
As much as people are willing to pay. The existence of internal plumbing (requisite technology is replaced with magic or divine intervention) makes that amount a firm "pretty damn low".
>>
>>50561882
No he didn't. That was just some asshole who didn't listen when they were specifically told that the author disagreed. OR, the author changed their mind.

Either way, that's not how it works now.
>>
>>50561884
Huh I didn't know there was indoor plumbing considering the Medieval/Renaissance level of tech of the setting.
>>
>>50561754

Would a burglar be able to steal someone's heart, literally?
>>
>>50561754
Here's a good rule of thumb: If one class has immensely powerful or flexible abilities and the others don't, the CYOA isn't well-balanced. Don't think of it as "what do I want," think of it as "what could someone who wanted this do with it?

This version of Trader is far better - all they can do is trade better, and hold people to their promises. Both are extremely useful, but lack the breadth of a Trader who can trade for damn near anything. It's a much more interesting choice than before.

And I'll pick the Creator, because getting rid of my writers' block is the most useful thing I can personally choose.
>>
>>50561920
It's really rudimentary, but even the inns have 'shared facilities'.
The Lord of the Hunt doesn't want all his Hunters dying of sickness, after all.
>>
>>50561754
>Inspirer
Use my skills to become the most motivating teacher ever.

Heaven knows students these days really need it.
>>
>>50561958
So are the toilets and bathroom facilities just has pipes that lead to dumping holes or is the shit and piss magic'd away?
>>
>tfw writing a cyoa but halfway through you get an idea and start taking it in a different direction and by the time you're done you need to rewrite nearly half of it to match with the other half.
>>
>>50561791
I know. it's why i long ago gave up updating cyoas. some people here dont play cyoas for imagination, they play them to "break them", to find the "OP combination":
i gain no joy from trying to make them not misinterpret my words, so i gave up
>>50561799
>years
already explained, can't quantify it, it can change at a whim. it's also removed now
His >>50561832 explanation is pretty good.
>>50561949
no
>>50561950
>"what could someone who wanted this do with it?"
that is impossible to prepare for. I can't explain everything an option can do, only attempt to make you understand based on what i write. Again, i never expected someone to say "you can't find your house if it loses paint"
also i literally can't imagine what someone, or even myself, would do with an option in my cyoa. i can't imagine what it does beyond what i wrote. i can't play my own cyoas,
>>
>>50562063
I hereby nominate you as latrine captain for asking dumb questions.
>>
>>50561950
I'll still pick Trader. I understood the old text to mean what is has been clarified to describe more clearly now, and I think the ability to ensure good faith is one of the great concerns of society.

Imagine a city where no one will harm each other, all laws are obeyed, and everyone will contribute whole-heartedly to city defenses. That's just a tiny application of this power. It can make true and fast what in our society basically runs on the honour system of rewards and punishments, ie. nearly everything. And that's without being particularly selfish or greedy for personal power, just trying to further human civilization. A smart trader might dedicate themselves to helping humanity understand God, consolidate humanity into one power to subdue monsters forever, or any number of things.

Trader and Radar together can do anything that civilization can normally do, except with infallible tools for identifying capabilities and collecting fealty. As long as they are working for a functional and inclusive society, all of the classes listed have more reason to help than to hinder; even staying neutral wouldn't be very attractive. That is, unless someone can think of reasons I haven't.

I figure the class with the most to lose from a strong society is arguable the Burglar, but as long as you don't persecute him and generate great wealth within the society, the laws can be created in such a way that his class skills are both useful to society and personally enriching.

Thoughts?
>>
File: WTH.jpg (150KB, 425x510px) Image search: [Google]
WTH.jpg
150KB, 425x510px
>Bliss makes a CYOA about Monster Hunters
>Bliss has to deal with PC's plotting to tamper with sewer systems

>EDG makes a CYOA about lovecraftian sluts
>EDG has to deal with PC eating each other

What is wrong with the average /cyoag/-goer that this sort of thing keeps happening?
>>
>>50562136

Well, I wouldn't put you in charge of anything.
>>
>>50562063
It's all some variation on "hole in the ground leading to a sealed-off underground river". Fancier houses get luxuries like actual toilet bowls and running water to clean, but the basic structure remains the same.

If you really want the runoff, you could probably tap into it with permission, but it'd be diluted to hell and back.

>>50562183
Finding rule interactions is par for the course.
>>
>>50562183

>lovecraft
>eat

It's not like it was a long shot.
>>
>>50562136
Both are very plausible options, anon. What's dumb about them, considering that pipes to pits is easy and functional and Bliss has mentioned that whatever technology doesn't account for can be taken care of by various kinds of magic?
>>
>>50562183
>a CYOA about lovecraftian sluts

Where can I find this?
>>
>>50562219

Does this mean we can literally kill monsters with our shit?
>>
File: Lavender WIP.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Lavender WIP.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50562249
Right here. Currently, people make builds with 20 favor points, since EDG hasn't filled in the blank yet
>>
>>50562132
>I can't explain everything
No one's asking you to, but there are ways to delineate the extend and limits of powers better without being exhaustive and without leaving gaping holes. When you say things like "anon's explanation is pretty good" you are admitting that some explanations are better, and some are worse. Aim for better.

In case it's not clear, I like your CYOA and I don't think you did a bad job or anything. Good luck with all your future projects.
>>
>>50562266
thank you kindly.
>>
>>50562219
>If you really want the runoff, you could probably tap into it with permission, but it'd be diluted to hell and back.

As long as I have access to the entire town's sewer system that's good enough.

I might have to adjust one of my bounty licenses to Underground Caves, when the update is arrives.
>>
When designing options in a cyoa, how long is too long a description? Is it okay for a companion to have a ridiculously long description, but wrong for something ordinary like a weapon? Is it always better to keep descriptions as short as possible or do people enjoy spergy paragraphs detailing what a companion's personality is like and just how sharp a blade is?
>>
File: 1421716305937.jpg (58KB, 720x443px) Image search: [Google]
1421716305937.jpg
58KB, 720x443px
>>50562183
>why do pcs keep trying to work the system?
Just /tg/ things.
>>
>>50560986
But my way was more fun
>>
>>50562132
>it doesn't take imagination to get the most out of what is available
If humanity believed the way you imagine, we would be extinct long ago.
>>
>>50562330
It just has to be fun to read. The better writer you are, the longer it can be. Also, text walls can be scary, so use good formating to make them less intimidating or else some people won't read them at all.
>>
>>50562132
Well, I know you can't prepare for everything; anyone who says something is foolproof greatly underestimated the average fool. But if you've spent any time on /cyoag/, then "can someone exploit this for ultimate power?" should be as obvious a question as "can someone use this to make themselves into a little girl?"
>>
>>50562330

Personally, I'm fine with long descriptions, as long as they make sense/are relevant. You don't wanna go trailing off explaining why a companion's favorite color is red unless it's really important or actually has something to do with him, like what it makes him/her as a character, or unless it actually affects the world or whatever you're trying to do or

I'm just trailing off right here. Whatever you put down, make sure it's relevant. To the character.
>>
>>50562182
>I understood the old text to mean what is has been clarified to describe more clearly now
You don't know how happy that makes me feel.
>Imagine a city where no one will harm each other, all laws are obeyed, and everyone will contribute whole-heartedly to city defenses.
Well, it will be pretty hard to get every person who lives or visits the city to agree.

>Thoughts
I always love people working together. sadly that didn't happen for this cyoa., Wah wah.
Burglars still have use in your society, but probably more as entertainers/performers/"Magicians"
>>50562281
>I like your CYOA and I don't think you did a bad job or anything
Thanks! It is reeeeally hard to make balance. I mean, I wouldn't pick nearly all of these so it's hard to say which options are good or not. and it's hard to know what needs to be clarified, and what not
>Good luck with all your future projects.
Thanks! School is finally slowing down so I have some time for the next two weeks. Will continue working on it after dinner.
>>
>>50562258
Given that it's a set of stinky rivers that pour into the ocean, swamps, etc., it'd be pretty hard. Mind clarifying in case I missed something?

>>50562322
Again, it's basically stinky water at that point. To get any significant amount of chemicals, you'd need an enormous holding tank and spend a disproportionate amount of time and energy boiling it down.
>>
>>50562422

Clarify what? I just want to kill thing with my SHIT.
>>
>>50562330
Make descriptions as long as they need to be to achieve your goals as a designer. This means that the longer you go, the more the description has to accomplish. This doesn't mean putting more and more bulk info into your descriptions and calling it justified, it means looking insightfully at what you are trying to achieve with your design. Design goals, in other words.

It is still best for most people to just put it down on paper first, and edit after. Once you get it all down and look at it and say "what was I trying to communicate about the option here"? Because many people find it counter-intuitive or difficult to set goals first and then write.

Sorry if you were expecting something easy like a character max, but as you can probably see good description length vary a lot. I favour shorter over longer, because usually when someone goes really long with their descriptions it's for their sake and not for the work's or the audiences; and most of us aren't fantastic prodigies of writing.
>>
>>50562429
f=m*v
>>
>>50562330
The important thing in my mind is that it be consistent. I personally enjoy both long and short descriptions, but if you're going the long route, it's more necessary to be a good writer.
>>
>>50562442

Is that math? Or physics? I was never any good at any of that.
>>
>>50562422
That's where the blacksmith and markets come into play, I can commission the blacksmith to make a large metal holding tank or cauldron and go to the market to buy my fire making supplies.

It takes a long time to boil it down but I have 400 days to prepare and I can always recruit fellow STEMbro hunters or hire servants from the market to help me in my enterprise.

When there is will and a metric fuckton of human waste fluids there is a way.
>>
File: zero3.jpg (558KB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
zero3.jpg
558KB, 850x1202px
>>50562330
If it's an ordinary sword, or a sword that happens to be made from a relatively uncommon metal with some minor special properties, you can skimp on the description. But if a simple farmhand used it to slay the thousand-eyed horror that was rampaging across the countryside and threatened the lives of man and beast alike, then you better tell me that tale.

The more important you want something to seem, the more effort you should put into it, whether it's a weapon, a suit of armor, a nation, or a person. There are people who will read paragraphs of text about mundane things and people that won't. Instead of trying to find a middle ground, I'd recommend you prioritize instead, and attempt to balance the "weight" of a choice around how much you believe you can write well for all other choices in its category.
>>
>>50562422
Are culture dishes, real-world medicines and chemicals, and modern chemistry equipment available in the marketplace?
>>
>>50562405
>Well, it will be pretty hard to get every person who lives or visits the city to agree.
Why? Many ancient cities required people to swear oaths before entering the city; oaths to a Trader are simply utterly binding.
>>
>>50562442
>F = m * a = m * v^2
You may think it's autistic, but your formula is going to cause a disaster.
>>
File: Bargain CYOA ( first draft).jpg (2MB, 1216x6080px) Image search: [Google]
Bargain CYOA ( first draft).jpg
2MB, 1216x6080px
>>
>>50562508
299 Candles is missing text.

My choice is Dark Path. It's basically teleportation and I find the idea of a shadow world cool.

Damocles Eye is the worst option. Doubt anyone will choose that. I have enough paranoia already without some giant eye watching me at all times, trying to destroy me.
>>
>>50562457
It'd probably be more trouble than just using Enchantment, but more power to ya.

>>50562471
Nope. Personal use isn't too bad, but any systematic attempt at technological advancement will piss off the Lord of the Hunt.
>>
>>50562579
>>50562471
Culture's allowed, though. No real reason for the Lord of the Hunt to ban greasy cheeseburgers or Internet references.
>>
>>50562508
>>50562577
It's not that bad. Just carry around a sheet everywhere you go, and completely cover yourself every hour and a half or so.

Anyway, I think I'll go with Harmless Possession. As long as I don't directly impact my life, I'm good - which means I can do things that indirectly impact me, like take over government officials and have them institute policies I approve of, or take over business leaders and have them focus their efforts the direction I want.
>>
>>50562493
No, f = m * v
>A speeding train strikes a car at the crossroads. The car is gently booped out of the way.
>>
>>50562577
Nice catch, I kinda fucked up with the candle text there.
>>
>>50562680
I would probably kill myself knowing a giant eye is watching everything I do. Even if I knew I could be completely safe, that sounds like absolute torture.
>>
>>50562405
For the force of an impact,

> F = 1/2 m v^2 / s

where
> "F" is the force of impact
> "m" is the mass of the impacting object
> "v" is the velocity of the impacting object relative to the impacted object, and
> "s" is the slowdown distance of the impact
>>
>>50562508

I'd just use harmless possession for crazy amounts of free time. Use it to binge watch tv shoes, play through video games and all that kinda stuff, and then be insanely productive while in my own body.
>>
>>50562680
Harmless Possession only lets you take knowledge back - if you make changes before returning to your body, they'll just get reverted.

>>50562508
Depending on the drawback of 299 Candles at higher powers, I'll take it or Damocles Eye.

Burning the candles in 13 sets of 23 is more than enough to significantly change the world at the cost of just over 16 days of my life. Definitely worth it.
If there's some other catch, then Damocles eye could make me lucky enough to have a bigass bird/weather balloon/windblown tarp pass overhead every hour or so.
>>
>>50562579
The problem with enchantment is that a lot of hunters are going to enchant their weapons and traps with magic, detect magic is going to be a safe, low resource and passive skill in order to avoid getting incapacitated by the all magical traps that are being set all over the place. Or they're hard countered by nullification.

Yes making bombs is going to be pain in the ass, require time and energy to get it started, but there is no magic involved, the only way people can avoid them is through sixth sense, but they literally have to be in close proximity to a bomb trap in order to even sense the danger or waste time and mana to spam premonition and slowly minesweep a area.

The order more direct method is to blasting large areas of land with magic or simply produce shockwaves with whatever weapons you have on hand at that point they're painting a huge target on their heads, the survivalist hunters with extreme situational awareness are going to detect them and run away while the murder rapist gangbangers are immediately going to rush in pursuit.
>>
>>50562579
Understandable, though advancement wasn't my intent. I just want to make more advanced personal toxins for hunting.

>>50562665
>culture dishes
I was a bit unclear; I meant in the sense of glass dishes used to cultivate microbial organisms.

Really, a good bit of stuff could just be improvised if proper glass equipment and rubber stoppers are available.

Would developing a weak and simple electrical current for electrolysis be pushing my luck?
>>
>>50558056
Looks really really good so fa. The only thing I think you should do right now is mention whether or not your companions will come with you to the Academy or not. I would assume they would, but I just think you should mention it.
>>
>>50562708

That's only when you're outside. I doubt it can see through walls, let alone your soul.
>>
>>50562849

Oh shit, I just thought of something. Can you enchant your armor with nullification?
>>
>>50562903
I always assumed you can only enchant stuff with arcane or the elemental magic options from the magic tree.

But Bliss has the final ruling on this.
>>
>>50562916

It's magic. I mean, antimagic. Is that some form of magic though?
>>
>>50562903
>can you magically enchant your armor with a biological, trained skill
>>
>>50562941

It's a biologically trained skill?
>>
File: 2inOdiQ.png (563KB, 2328x1292px) Image search: [Google]
2inOdiQ.png
563KB, 2328x1292px
>>50557005
>who you'd team up with
>>
>>50562952
Read the description carefully
Look at which tree it's in
Use your brain in a manner other than to be intentionally obtuse
>>
>>50562849
Stealthier, sure, but more work and less powerful. Trade-offs.

>>50562866
Anything you can make and maintain yourself.

>>50562903
How about you actually read both skills before you try to find combos?
>>
>>50562970

>Use your brain in a manner other than to be intentionally obtuse

Where's the fun in that?
>>
>>50562882
So what you're saying is, only choose Damocles Eye if you're a NEET who never leaves the house.

Looks like >>50562842 is a NEET then.
>>
>>50562989

Get under a tree. Go inside a store. Get in a car. It's basically the fucking sun. I'm sure you can avoid it easily enough.
>>
>>50561950
>lack the breadth of a Trader who can trade for damn near anything
He could never do it in the first place, only cheating powergaming faggots who like to bend rules as written istead of trying to reasonably understend rules as intended assumed so.
>>
>>50562980
Everything has trade-offs.

Also does the ancient weapon + skull Weaponry = gun accessibility still stand?

Does the gun use bullets or shoot energy?
>>
>>50563003
Tree and car won't work, it can see you. Store might depending on its angle of view. But the easiest thing to do is just do what >>50562680 suggests and just cover up every so often.
>>
>>50562753
While correct, you are just confusing them. They are probably looking for the "force" or kinetic energy of the impacting object, which is simply

> E_k = 1/2 m v^2

Once you figure out the kinetic energy of the object, that is the force you have available to "hit with" in the simple "moving object vs stationary object" scenario that many simple seem to imagine intuitively. The force of impact first deforms/destroys the integrity of both objects as much as they can accept and converts partially into lateral and rotational force, then the remaining impact force slows down the body of matter with more inertia and pushes the body of matter with less inertia.

If the hit object is also moving, you have to compute the comparative velocity of the two objects using the angle of incidence and allow for lateral and rotational forces.

Since this is rather out of scope of most game-related calculations, the kinetic energy formula is probably more fit for purpose. I don't think people care how much force is "wasted" in the impact so much as having a maximum theoretical "impact force" to compare against durability or an opposing impact force.
>>
>>50563045

All we need to do now is figure out how the eye works. Where (in the sky) is it? Does it change position if it can't see you to get a better angle? I suppose this wasn't really necessary to put in the description
>>
>>50562980
So just to clarify, glass equipment and rubber stoppers aren't available in the market?
>>
>>50563009

It's not hard to write down the rules 'as intended' instead of depending on the players to figure out exactly how you meant them to work.
>>
File: Bargain CYOA (first draft).jpg (2MB, 1216x6080px) Image search: [Google]
Bargain CYOA (first draft).jpg
2MB, 1216x6080px
Added missing text for the 299 Candles
Added a condition for the Damocles Eye
>>
>>50563200
>Added a condition for the Damocles Eye
Are you sure? The text for it looks unchanged to me.
>>
>>50563248
>and you luck will never protect you from it
>>
>>50563081
The Eye is gigantic. When you look up at it you can only see small bits of the sky at the corner of your vision.
>>
>>50563200
The new breakthrough=death in 1 year thing you added brings up an interesting question: would you create something that will establish your name in the history books for an early death, or would you choose to die a full life in anonymity?
>>
>>50562980
Please shoot down the ridiculousness of skull weapons being guns?
>>
>>50563275
Your discounting the possibility of earning fame through a large corpus than a single work, or the possibility of your breakthrough being important, but you yourself being quickly forgotten. I don't know who invented the Cell Phone, for example
>>
>>50563023
>>50563284
>Everything has trade-offs.
And it's up to you if it's worth it.
>Also does the ancient weapon + skull Weaponry = gun accessibility still stand?
Why wouldn't it? If you're asking about the update... wait and see.
>Does the gun use bullets or shoot energy?
Energy.

>>50563120
Alchemists wouldn't have much to do if they weren't.
>>
>>50563200
Yeah, then that's a firm 23*13 Candles.
>>
>>50562405
>You don't know how happy that makes me feel.
To be fair, it wasn't the clearest of descriptions. I might have felt differently if you had not stuck around in thread to express your opinions on how certain things worked. I believe that a CYOA should try to stand on its own as much as possible.

>entertainers/performers/magicians
I would try to take into account that they might actually like stealing, and that trying to repurpose their skillset to such things might not be very fulfilling for them. In addition to their day job, they might serve as an incentive for individuals to keep security tight, and as a catchall to keep wealth within the city in the case security does experience an individual failure.
>>
>>50563275
The breakthrough would have to be absolutely extraordinary for me to agree to something like that.. like replace the Standard Model or be the first settler on another planet.
>>
>>50562753 was supposed to quote >>50562686
>>
>>50563302
>Why wouldn't it?
Because the original description for it makes much more sense. Like Shockwaves but for a weapon, infuses it with energy that gets released as extra oomph when a target is struck. Instead of making a whole new class of weapons which is poorly defined especially when dealing with a bow-and-arrow universe.
>Energy
Atleast no silliness of infusing sniper bullets with nullification is possible with this.

Can I ask what you thought of my Combine/Enchant spell set? Legit or too much? >>50552481 >>50552496
>>
>>50563200
I would just use Harmless possession to fuck myself in beautiful bodies. No special knowledge use, just accept attractive propositions from beautiful people like I normally would.
>>
>>50563200
>pick 299 candles
>choose "biological immortality," burn all candles
>cure aging
>live forever
>problem, Dark Gods?
>>
>>50563498
I bet it takes a year for that breakthrough to be completed, and you die as soon as it's finished.
>>
>>50563498
Biological immortality just protects you from Old Age, not the Old Gods.
>>
>>50563142
>write down the rules 'as intended'
Do you know where you are?
>>
>>50560025
>yuri
>purest form of love
>not cuteboy on cuteboy lovin'
>>
>>50563530
A game-friendly place where some people know how to write mechanics properly, some people are willing to try and learn, and others aren't. Which are you?
>>
>>50563530

4chan?/tg/?/cyoag/?
>>
>>50552259
I'll make a new thread in twenty minutes, without your precious backlink.
>>
>>50561754
Can the inspirerer inspire themselves?
>>
>>50563552
And someone can add a backlink to the thread easily.
>>
>>50563595
Yes, but it isn't in the OP :^)
>>
>>50563573
The way it's written now, sure. Do you see a problem with that?
>>
>>50563552
Beat you to it, fiend

NEW THREAD:
>>50563618
>>50563618
>>50563618
>>
>>50563611
If it bothers someone that much, they can always make the thread themselves.
>>
>>50563552
>>50563595
>>50563611
>>50563638
>>50563639
And so the circle is complete.
>>
>>50563425
>infusing sniper bullets with nullification
That was always impossible, as well as stupid. Even if Nullification was a valid target for Enchanting, the first thing that would be Nulled out is the Enchantment itself, wasting all the effort spent making the bullet.
>>
>>50563621
No, I just wanted to know to determine whether or not to take inspirerer or trader. I'm going with inspirerer.
>>
>>50563573
>>50559406

I answered already:
>>50501742 (Cross-thread)
>No.
>>
File: 1409466903164.png (624KB, 722x525px) Image search: [Google]
1409466903164.png
624KB, 722x525px
>>50563535
>>
>>50563717
Now I just feel like an idiot.
>>
>>50559423
>>50559409
>listen carefully. I managed to bypass Tev's security systems, but not for long. I strongly disagree with Tev. Your species is inherently evil. You torture, abuse, and kill your own kind, and stand by idly watching them suffer and die every day. You seek out excuses to divide yourselves, and to destroy those who you have placed in the category of other. In the past seven thousand years, you have consumed your natural resources to the point of depletion, damaged your biosphere to the point it will soon be rendered uninhabitable, and exterminated countless species which may have one day given rise to sapience. Your species is fundamentally flawed, and no gift we offer can fix this.

I offer your biosphere a second chance. We will exterminate the human species without pain or fear, repair the damage caused by your species, and set the conditions for a new sapient lifeform to emerge. We will then close the portal and leave your world to develop, without any interference from you or your kind. What comes next may not be better than your species, but it cannot be worse.

I do not trust a member of your species to choose this form of self-sacrifice out of altruism, and so I will appeal instead to your greed. Should you choose this option, I will place your body in suspended animation until such time as a new sapient species has attained a similar quality of life as yours. You will then be biologically modified to match their physiology, and your mind will be altered to match their thought patterns while retaining as much of your personality as possible. You will live on even as your species dies. Think about it - you know this is the only hope your biosphere has.
>>
>>50563888
It's okay, bunny. Your heart is in the right place.
Take Trader, make an add for the Radar to help you find the Whisperer (without the Whisperer contacting you), and pay the Whisperer (through the Radar) to motivate you!
Yeah yeah it's a bother, but that should work.
>>
>>50563925

That's terrible. I don't wanna be some filthy xeno. They're probably gonna be as bad if not worse than we are. Just start over, and actually make people better.
>>
>>50563932
Probably need the Trader to make sure the Whisperer doesn't get any ideas.
>>
>>50563971
I dunno, just my thought for why you'd choose "kill all humans" aside from just wanting humanity to die. An alien who thinks humans are irredeemable wouldn't count on you making the right choice.
>>
>>50563985
Oh yeah sure, absolutely!
daaaang. i'm sorry, I don't know how to hire the Whisperer to help you.
Maybe you pick Radar instead, find the Trader, pay the Trader to set up a deal with the Whisperer and show where the Whisperer live? It's important you don't know what the Whisperer looks like.
>>
>>50564080

It's not that I want to "kill all humans". When something is broken beyond repair, you remake it from scratch.
>>
>>50561754
Visualist is weak compared to the others. You couldn't give someone a butt/boob job to make those bigger. You couldn't give someone a nose job to fix a crooked nose or a hooked nose or widen/shape someones cheeks to make a face more balanced/ascetically pleasing.

If you give someone a tummy tuck, assuming that is only exterior, which in reality it isn't, where would all the extra fat go? If you can't even make a fat person slim then it's hardly cosmetic surgery.
>>
>>50561884
Hey there not!Bliss having fun? Want people to believe your shit then tripfag up and prove who you are.
>>
>>50564088
That's what I'm here for. What good is a Trader who doesn't know how to make deals happen?

>It's important you don't know what the Whisperer looks like.
Nice try, Whisperer. In any case you will still need to reveal yourself to me to make the Trade at all.
>>
>>50564205
Why is this always necessary?
>>
>>50564228
not him but im just happy the misspelling in your name is gone it was bugging me
>>
>>50564228
Because some people struggle with the liminal space between anonymity and identity.
>>
>>50564222
>Nice try, Whisperer. In any case you will still need to reveal yourself to me to make the Trade at all.
yeah, that was my point
>anon wants the Whisperer to motivate him
>doesn't want to risk getting mindraped
>anon picks Radar to find the Trader
>anon makes a deal with the Trader to make a deal with the Whisperer, so the Whisperer only motivates anon to do what anon wants
>anon tells the Trader how to find the Whisperer, so anon doesn't have to know who the Whisperer is because then it won't work

I like that two people have thought up positive ways to use the mindrapist power. I'm proud!
>>
>>50564280
To be honest, it's a bad plan trying to make Whisperer do the job of Inspirer. Just look for Inspirer instead and use Trader to keep everything above board.
>>
File: laughing death.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
laughing death.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>50559423
>stopping at wiping out humanity
>not realizing that the next sapients to come along will do the same thing
>not realizing that the chimpanzees are on the same path, and the only thing stopping dolphins, corvids, and octopi from following the same path is their lack of opposable thumbs

THE CRIME IS LIFE, THE SENTENCE IS DEATH
>>
>>50564244
because some people like to jerk off while pretending to be other people.
Thread posts: 493
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.