[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 365
Thread images: 35

File: 11104534.png (970KB, 920x574px) Image search: [Google]
11104534.png
970KB, 920x574px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

"Now listen here you little shit" edition. Tell us the times you got to lay the verbal smack-down on BBEGs, NPCs or even PCs!

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Vampire Hunter D Setting Supplement: https://www.dropbox.com/s/onnk3oskhbc5aos/Vampire%20Hunter%20D%20Pathfinder%20Supplement.pdf?dl=0

Old Thread: >>50538028
>>
>>50546666
No thank you ultra satan. I'd rather know how to build a Sumotori in 1pp
>>
>>50546666
>verbal smackdown
None. Just interrupt big villain speeches by hitting them in the middle of a sentence.
>>
>>50546666
Baba Yaga's the best.
>>
What would Drow unarmed martial arts look like?
>>
>>50546792
The same as any other martial arts, but in the dark.
>>
>>50546792
professional facesitting
>>
>>50546792
A female wearing next to nothing, sitting in a high backed chair ordering her armed male guards to kill you?
>>
>>50546792
All of them start the same way, with that way being 'stab them with poison'

Then all the different styles and moves are just ways one can laugh.
>>
>>50546838

This desu.

Would also include vicious face-slapping and bapping your chest while she fucks you.
>>
>>50546666
>"I'm going to use you as a societally-approved punching bag for my frustrations and insecurities, and there is nothing you can do about it. You brought this on yourself the moment your plans began."
>>
>>50546792
Grappling, drow can conjure magical darkness that dark-vision cant see through. So you grab 'em and hold 'em until they're dead.
>>
>>50546822
>>50546870
Fucking isn't a martial art.

I'm just going to assume that Drow are more into stuff like karate than tae kwon do. There's not a lot of room to do spinny kicks in a tunnel.
>>
File: 1431227602694.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
1431227602694.png
306KB, 593x540px
>>50546926
>Fucking isn't a martial art.
>>
>>50546926
I'm pretty sure the martial arts drow are mostly into are "having hidden weapons" and "pretending to be unarmed so you can cheat".
>>
>>50546935
Casters can do it.
>>
>>50546926
it isn't if your doing it wrong.
>>
>>50546926

>Drow noblewoman orders her servants to kidnap a human to help teach her daughter the marital arts
>Due to miscommunication, her servants kidnap someone to teach her daughter martial arts
>Servants have been horribly tortured for their failure, but the noblewoman's daughter really likes practicing kung fu
>>
>>50546889
>>50546965

I think you could conceivably roll these together.
>>
>>50546666
>player makes charisma-based character (oracle)
>every other player's charisma is mediocre at best
>"Well, looks like I'm the face of the party!"
>Within the first minute of interacting with an NPC:
>acts like a smug prick
>insults her mother
>attempts to use a touch attack
>fails the touch attack, instead beats her over the head with his sword
>is surprised when the NPC is not fond of him ("muh charisma") and calls her a bitch

yeah, we had a little talk with him

also, nice quads
>>
>>50546985

>tfw no purple-skinned, red-eyed karate girl to journey with on the Path of Aganhei.
>>
>>50546889
Judrow then.
>>
File: 1475287905317.jpg (99KB, 448x537px) Image search: [Google]
1475287905317.jpg
99KB, 448x537px
So hear me out:

I'm a believer in the fact that a paladin can only fall if he willingly abandons his own ideals.
Its not genocide that which gets a paladin following a god of war to fall, not even stopping a war that could happen, is him avoiding going to war at the fear his side might lose, and mascaraing his cowardice under the pretense of " the common good".
Its not torture what makes a paladin of a goddess of love fall, he falls when he loses his faith that love can conquer all.
But most of all, it cannot be a "gotcha" kind of thing. The player, and in consequence, the character, has to say "fuck it". I talk to them before the game starts, and ask him to tell me what his characters believes in. What thing he would have to do for him to evidently having given up his ideals. Then, when they are about to do something that would break his oath, I will tell them that if they go through their character would fall, and they have to say
"fuck it, I fall".
This is why I don't allow restoration in my games. Once you fall, you fall for good. You might retrain your class, but you will never go back to being a paladin- and in my ways, you wouldn't want to anyway.
>>
>>50547224
>once you fall, you fall for good
What if they're a paladin of a god of redemption? Why is this a one way street? And why can't it be a gotcha thing? Obviously if they're doing it without knowledge they shouldn't fall, it shouldn't be a GM trap, but if they're being careless shouldn't they fall?
>>
so looking at the Opportunist fighter archetype I am not actually sure if it is worth those bonus feats. The rogue talents aren't a great list, and the edges are really limited in daily uses (only int mod in bombs and I won't have more than 3-4 int mod as a fighter).

Plus is bars you from taking eldritch guardian and anything that modifies weapon training.

/pfg/ hyped this a bit too much for me.
>>
What feats have the best Combat Stamina bonuses? I'm looking through them but the list is huge.
>>
/pfg/, what's the best use of the vomit swarm spell you've ever heard?
>>
Can someone help me list ways to increase the DC of a poison?
>>
>>50547224
Eh. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like Paladin loses something of itself when any murderhobo can be a Paladin as long as they still believe in the ideals of their god. You don't get to be a champion of Good if you do blatantly evil things like torture.

That said, I do agree that there should be no gotchas. A Paladin doesn't fall because an evil wizard put him into a contrived situation. A Paladin doesn't fall because he was reckless and made a mistake. A Paladin falls because he looks at what he's about to do, realizes that no Paladin should ever do something like that, and then does it anyway.
>>
File: 1474416217477s.jpg (8KB, 197x250px) Image search: [Google]
1474416217477s.jpg
8KB, 197x250px
>>50547343
Well if you are paladin of a god of redemption then by definition you fall when you no longer believe you can be redeemed.

Also if the person is just being careless it robs the fall from any dramatic importance.
Its like saying: " oops your character forgot to pick back your +3 bow which he dropped when he pulled out his sword even if it fell just one feet away from him just because you didnt tell me ooc that you did"

This aint a game of " Simon Says" nigga, this is about DRAMA and CATHARSIS only reachable through LIVING someone else life.
>>
>>50546792
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJOPgFb6zb0&t=1m24s
>>
>>50547463
>when you no longer believe you can be redeemed

Anon, I'm already a Fallen.
>>
File: 1480223456512.jpg (90KB, 756x749px) Image search: [Google]
1480223456512.jpg
90KB, 756x749px
Aight /tg/, how should one go about playing a Zyphus cultist in a morally ambiguous party with a healthy dose of nihilism. But without being a melodramatic twat that is such a downer that sparkles the gnome is going to shove a glitter wand up my ass.
>>
File: 1474416827502.jpg (110KB, 343x458px) Image search: [Google]
1474416827502.jpg
110KB, 343x458px
>>50547420
Lets say its a ticking bomb scenario where torture is the only way you can get information that can save innocents.

Falling cannot be turned into a discussion of metaethics. There can be many different way to interpret what is " good" and I suppose under many of them murdering every peasant you just because you can may come across is the greatest good of them all ( consider a Nietchzean God, if there could be such a thing)
If he can bullshit his way out if it, I rather let him have it, because it only means he doesn't care enough about what is happening to just say: " fuck it"
>>
File: 1474036954196.png (197KB, 356x352px) Image search: [Google]
1474036954196.png
197KB, 356x352px
>>50547591

>Wants to play a Zyphus Cultist
>Doesn't want to be a melodramatic twat
>>
>>50547416
>>50547373
Please help.
>>
>>50547416
Poison conversion with an alchemist to turn cheap ass posion into that expensive one that gets a cumulative -2 everytime the objective breaths it.
Else everything is a fucking trap
>>
>>50547623
Good is still a single solid concept
The real thing is to not accept stupid situations like that
>>
>>50547629
To be fair, no matter how I pull this the character is going to be a twat just on principle of the matter. I mean more in a sense to the point it's not so obnoxious that the anti paladin bi-sects me for ruining his mood. As a generally happy person in a party of generally unhappy characters being a downer isn't exactly in my usual repertoire of acting skills.
>>
>>50547463
>Well if you are paladin of a god of redemption then by definition you fall when you no longer believe you can be redeemed.
But your god believes you can be redeemed, and you haven't explained why you can NEVER go back, which is what you claimed.

>if the person is just being careless it robs the fall from any dramatic importance
If the paladin orders the destruction of an enemy stronghold without checking if there are innocents and there are then they should fall. That's not a gotcha situation, because it's entirely within reason that there may be collateral damage, so what, you're going to babysit them and say 'but have you considered x y and z?' Perhaps careless was the wrong word, and reckless would be better.

>This aint a game of " Simon Says" nigga, this is about DRAMA and CATHARSIS only reachable through LIVING someone else life.
I never said it wasn't. I said that your idea of what makes something dramatic and cathartic isn't the end all and be all of drama and catharsis.
>>
File: e2a.jpg (16KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
e2a.jpg
16KB, 720x405px
>>50547591
Simple, be pic related.
He's a perfect scion of Zyphus
>>
Alright anons.

I have a level 4 goblin shaman that's going to be a boss.

How can I best set him up to be a force to be afraid of? Spheres of Power is available.
>>
>>50547623
Hold up
Stripping down your scenario is just "extract information from an unwilling npc"
Why the torture?
Why are other social skills not possible?
Compassion can be as powerful as pain to convince someone.
>>
>>50547373
You want things with "As long as you have 1 stamina point in your stamina pool-"

Things like Strangler, Quick Draw if you're using Mithral Current, Performance Weapon Mastery, etc.
>>
>>50547855
Compassion is even more powerful than pain. Ask anyone with experience in interrogation and they'll tell you that developing rapport is effective, while torture just makes someone tell you what they think you want to hear.
>>
I want to know the connection between the elves and the nazis.
>>
>>50547886
Killing canadian style?
With kindness?
>>
>>50547900

If you kill your enemies, they win!
>>
>>50547848
Half then snuff out the lights, get a Darkness Meld going for darkvision.
Then, go for layering darkness effect on the party flailing in the dark, then run in and smack them with something
>>
>>50547886
This assumes that your DM is aware that such techniques are a viable option for getting information out of suspects. If you have a guy like what I had a while back torture was one of very few viable options we had for getting information out of bad guys because anything less was us just being "too nice for them to take seriously".

I don't want to say that's sociopath behavior but looking back it might have been pretty close.
>>
Do succubi have cloacas? this is important for a game I'm in.
>>
>>50547623
>Lets say its a ticking bomb scenario where torture is the only way you can get information that can save innocents.
Even discarding the fact that torture is a terrible way of acquiring information, the answer is still that paladins don't torture people. Your duty as a paladin in that situation is to find another way. If there really isn't any other way, your duty is to MAKE another way. Being Good means that sometimes you don't get to take the easy way out of a situation.

Maybe you consider it worth it. Having a taint on your soul for saving a lot of people is a trade many good characters would consider worthwhile. And you can still atone, although obviously it won't be easy(and if the bomb went off ANYWAY, it may well be completely impossible - like I said, torture generally does not work when you're doing it to gather information). Or maybe your allies torture the guy while you're out there trying to find another way, despite you clearly opposing the idea - this is clearly less than an optimal outcome, and you probably need to give them a stern talking to, but it doesn't result in you falling.
>>
>>50547954
They do if they want to.

They're motherfucking shapeshifters, ya twatbandit.
>>
>>50547933
Alright.

So what spells while I need to set this up? Representing this on roll20 will be fun.
>>
>>50547943
well maybe the DM then should stick to fucking modules
>>
>>50547970
No I mean in their natural form
>>
>>50547954

They have whatever you want them to have.

That said, is Arueshalae still able to shapeshift? I never noticed that racial ability on her sheet.
>>
>>50546666

There was a wizard who studied at the same magical school as mine who had turned evil and dedicated himself to following the footsteps of some long-dead servant of Zyphus. All throughout the campaign, he had casually committed various atrocities and built himself a little cult of survivors who decided they liked his particular brand of nihilism. When the party had an opportunity to confront him (at the court of a king who had appointed him as an adviser for God knows why), he stepped aside to talk to me about how futile our efforts to stop him were, and how I should just give up, accept Zyphus, and enjoy the power of senseless tragedy.

I retorted that what he called "power" was a comically empty promise, pointing out that he'd used the underlying forces of the cosmos for what amounted to petty banditry. I then told him his inability to find meaning in the universe was due to his own lack of imagination, and mocked his offer to recruit me as a pathetic attempt to validate his own poor decisions. I concluded that he was a failure of a wizard without a single original thought in his head, who had only gotten as far as he had by plagiarizing the work of his idol.

I felt kind of bad, but that guy was a jerk.
>>
>>50547890

The Elves of Golarion are a hippy colony founded by the expansionist Elves of Sovyrian, who would very much like to reactivate the Sovyrian Stone so they can come in force to Avistan.
>>
>>50548021
In their natural form, they're basically winged humanoids with some demonic features, so there's no reason they should have cloacas.
>>
>>50547900
The CIA torture report can be a rough read, knowing that it's all things that actually happened, but it's something that people /should/ read. In short, yes. Don't torture, you tell your prisoner 'you're going to jail, probably for the rest of your life, but let's talk and if you tell us what we need to know, we can make things easier.' Most people will accept that.

>>50547943
It's frustrating, but to be fair in fantasy it's going to be much more common. Take a Kuthite, for example, they're basically Cenobites, and there's no telling how they're going to react.

Still, if it's something like a hardened commander, torture would be ineffective, while other methods wouldn't be.
>>
>>50548091
Nah, he would do that with literally every baddy we'd come across regardless of rank or status. I think he had it in his head that if you follow some kind of evil/antagonistic path that means that you're always, no matter what, going to be an unstoppable wall of silence unless someone breaks you physically or mentally.

Or the other person has something to blackmail you with.
>>
>>50548091

>Take a Kuthite, for example, they're basically Cenobites, and there's no telling how they're going to react

There is a passage in the Linnorm Kings companion book where a group of Kuthites came to the region in the hopes of converting the populace to their dark lord. The local king, in typical Ulfen fashion, captured the leader and gave him a blood-eagle.

He set fire to the rest in uncomfortable disgust after the rest of the Kuthites were enamored with the blood-eagle, and begged to be next.
>>
>>50547886
Not everyone takes mercy or compassion well either. They're expecting to die. They think you're mocking them, telling them they're not even worth killing.

And sometimes they want to suffer. Sometimes they want to die. Sometimes they know they've gone too far and there's no way back to the light, and all they want is to go to sleep.

tl;dr take things case-by-case.
>>
File: 19754194.jpg (1MB, 1500x1600px) Image search: [Google]
19754194.jpg
1MB, 1500x1600px
>>50548204
People who desire oblivion are dangerous. The military knows this, that's why those people end up in special forces.

Ask /k/ about the FFL, they'll give you a hoot about it.
>>
File: 1474418688426.jpg (136KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
1474418688426.jpg
136KB, 392x495px
>>50547960
Not saying torture works, but saying that if the whole thing turns into a discussion of what is ethical and then it becomes a "what the dm believes is good" and " what the player believes its good" and that is not the point.
Most gods do consider torture to be absolutely evil, and in those cases the paladin would fall. But others might not, why should the paladin follow a code his god does not? would you punish a paladin of Zeus for screwing around?

>>50547943
I am aware that in our world thats how it work, but that doesnt mean an asshole dm cannot come with a fantasy scenario such as: "drowgoblins only tell the truth when being burned alive". In a fantasy setting you can easily go trolley dilemma as hard as you can, what then?

>>50547751
His god might think so, but he chose to decide he himself was nonredeemable. He literally lose faith in his own god, and this is how it should be.

2) Only if his god is the god of really doing things very carefully. Let me put it this way: I think the only way a paladin can properly fall, is if he no longer wants to be a paladin after that. He has to break.
>>
>>50547224
I like you, and that is one of the ways I really want DMs to play it. I'm fine with "lenient" DMs too, but those that actually give you meaningful choices and the choice to develop your character towards his fall are the best.
>>
>>50548272
What about non god-based paladins?
>>
>>50548158
Ugh. Frustrating, but if he's a good DM in other aspects I'd put up with it. There are a ton of things in games that aren't true to reality, and all things considered this is a really minor one. Just don't put points in Bluff or Diplomacy, obviously Intimidate is the only thing that's going to work.

>>50548170
That's pretty funny. So torture is going to do absolutely nothing to get a Kuthite to betray his cause, since he'll just enjoy it. Neither will sensory deprivation, since IIRC that's actually the greatest honor for a Kuthite. I'd accept one of them being unbreakable in the face of torture, but not some average guy off the street.

>>50548204
Yes, I'm fine with that. I'm saying that in real life torture is much less effective than people think it is, and that should be reflected in whatever game you play as well. I have an ulterior motive for this debate. I like playing Paladins, and I want a chance to play my Paladin as having the chance to actually do good.

>>50548272
You're still avoiding the question, if he can change for the worse, why can't he change for the better? There was a time when he didn't want to be a paladin, then one where he did, then where he didn't. I'm not saying that he can flip flop all over the place, but if there's a significant story reason to fall there should be significant story reasons to rise.
>>
>>50547848
>I have a level 4 goblin shaman that's going to be a boss.
>How can I best set him up to be a force to be afraid of? Spheres of Power is available.

Give him death sphere, Drain, and greater ghost strike. Have him area effect a cone that causes everyone to lose a level. For added fun, a +1 Staff of Death will turn that into a 1d2 level drain (assuming he's a full caster), and meta-magic can let him go more than once per round.
>>
>>50548292
So you mean a non-Divine martial?

Sure do whatever the fuck you feel is right
>>
What are some fun broken builds to fuck with my GM?
>>
>>50548378
What do you want to do anon? Destroy encounters, or destroy campaigns? What level are you starting at? 3pp available?
>>
>>50548272
>Not saying torture works, but saying that if the whole thing turns into a discussion of what is ethical and then it becomes a "what the dm believes is good" and " what the player believes its good" and that is not the point.
It's not about ethics. It's about what is Good and what is Evil. In D&D/Pathfinder, these are universal forces, not points of view. Torture is an Evil act regardless of the intent and the situation is set up that there's no question of whether the paladin really knows what he's doing, so if he engages in torture, he falls. Obviously if the player isn't aware of it, it's the GM's job to make it clear that this is a fall-worthy action. Like I said, no gotchas.
>>
>>50548378
God Wizard with Scrolls and an army of Constructs
Magaambyan Arcanist Wizard with Summons boosted to high heaven
Bad Touch or Archer Cleric
>>
>>50548338
Oh boy.

Negative levels are always a fun time on roll20.
>>
File: 1475965051869s.jpg (8KB, 172x250px) Image search: [Google]
1475965051869s.jpg
8KB, 172x250px
>>50548317
>I'm not saying that he can flip flop all over the place, but if there's a significant story reason to fall there should be significant story reasons to rise.

Well I could consider that a guy can recover his lost faith, but it would be something worth a whole campaign of character development.
In any case the way down has to be a lot easier than the way back up, after all, either you die a hero or you end up becoming a villain.
>>
>>50548492
>Die a hero or become the villain
Or you could be a slightly less virtuous hero.
>>
>>50548492
Definitely. Destruction is always easier than rebuilding something, it only takes an instant to undo years of work, etc.
>>
>>50548531
I have magic, son. Mending is a fucking cantrip.
>>
>>50548492

>either you die a hero or you end up becoming a villain

>Using a quote from a terrible movie series written by a hack director
>4 AFP (After Flight Plan.)
>>
>>50548434
You know paizo considers absolute evil casting spells with the evil description, right?
Do you want people like that dictating how you want to play something as important as a fall?
>>
File: kierkegaard2_360x450.jpg (183KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kierkegaard2_360x450.jpg
183KB, 800x1000px
>>50548492
>either you die a hero or you end up becoming a villain.
>Not taking a leap of faith, and striving to pursue your own ideal of truth and justice irregardless of your own imperfections
Then again, judging from all your posts, you have very poor taste and very little understanding of paladins, morality, justice, and the nature of Good
>>
>>50548545
Debate of TDK aside, it's the sort of quote I expect from the asshole GM who tries to make you fall whenever possible.

>>50548560
You know you can agree with Paizo about some things without agreeing with them on everything? This is D&D, Good and Evil are not abstract concepts.
>>
>>50548560
I mostly ignore what Paizo says anyway.

That said, if a Paladin is casting spells with evil descriptor, he'd better have a damn good reason.
>>
>>50548593

It's also the quote you will always hear from the DM that tries to frame the protagonists for some terrible act, and spend maybe five months on an arc where the party works their ass off to restore their reputation while NPCs spit in their face.
>>
>>50548441
Constructs are way too expensive.

Necromancy is cheaper, especially if you use Blood Money.
>>
>>50548643
That too.

Relevant story that I found a while ago.
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2sby4?GM-just-tried-to-have-my-Fighter-Fall
>>
>>50548426
Encounters and Campaigns. Level 5 start, no 3pp.
>>
>>50548580
But I actually admire Kierkegaard and his way of life, and I consider him a proper paladin in all senses: he did the ultimate sacrifice for his ideal abandoning that woman he loved for the sake of what he believed it was God mission.

>>50548580
>>50548593
>>50548643
Ok I get it I'm not going to quote Nolan shit ever again even as a joke.
>>
>>50548653
>Constructs are way too expensive.
>Not summoning Earth Golems to dig up Gold and precious ore/gem deposits for you
>not Binding then waterbording an Ifrit, under an assumed identity, to get some of their cash
>not just traveling to an Plane of Elemental Earth to collect diamonds the size of football fields
>Not taking the Arclord PrC
>Not using illusions and charms to siphon resources from some noble
>Not just making tour undead into tireless miners and workers to gather mine the stuff for you
Constructs, while expensive, are a better investment, since they can be mended with low level magic, repaired mundanely, are often innately magic resistant, and work in an AMF
>>
File: 1458034214423.jpg (311KB, 1024x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1458034214423.jpg
311KB, 1024x1366px
What feats do I generally want as a necromancer (spheres oracle with 3pp allowed)?
>>
>>50548688
What kind of dm doesnt know what classes are their characters playing?
>>
>>50548887
The kind that wants to make a paladin fall at the first chance he gets.
>>
>Planning on finally playing a mythic campaign
>Wanting to use a Mythic for a while now since high powered campaigns are fun
>Party wants me to DM
>Still want to play
>Don't want to have a DMPC that overshadows everyone else

Help.
>>
>>50548919
>>50548887
>>50548688
You really think someone would do that

Just go on the internet and lie?
>>
>>50548653
>>50548791
The issue I have with constructs isn't the cost, it's the extreme lack of actually fun customization options, and the fact that construct armor is dogshit. Sure, there's lots of cool stuff to make, but it just feels lacking. Especially since you can't actually make a fucking mecha suit with an AI partner using Craft Construct.
>>
>>50548931
Boundaries. Just say no politely but firmly.
>>
3 Ideas:
>Hell's Rebels for an evil party
>Hell's Vengenace for a good party
>Run both concurrently for a neutral party
>>
>>50548989
I want to play. I also don't mind DMing. The problem comes that the party will likely not want to do another mythic campaign for a while.
>>
>>50548887
>>50548919

>My character constructed explicitly to act like a Paladin was put, first session, into a simple scenario to make him fall after I go through every motion to make him seem godly.
>>
>>50548977
Why is it so important to you that the story be "proved" to be a lie?
>>
>>50548580
>Persist in becoming a super hero
As a certain smug psyarm says, "drown in your ideals and die."
>>
>>50549010
It's not important it just sounds like bullshit desu
>>
>>50549001
They all sound like shit to be honest family
>>
>>50549001

I'd rather see someone run a lewd good Hell's Vengeance campaign concurrent with the current lewd Hell's Vengeance campaign.

Mostly because I think a Good PC fucking or getting fucked by an evil PC is the hottest thing ever.
>>
>>50548986
You possibly could with Spheres. I recall one anon had a build that used Fleshcrafting, which admittedly isn't always allowed since its an Advanced Talent, and the a lot of Craft stuff to turn people into objects. You could possibly take it a step further and turn people into AI cores.

Or just be boring and take the bestow intelligence and animate object line of the Enhancement Sphere
>>
>>50548091
Torture isn't good at all for criminal investigation or for buidling your initial picture. It is, however, effective for finding out information you KNOW that whoever you're torturing it has. Sadly, it'll have a pretty high signal-to-noise ratio and there's a fair chance if you know that person possesses that information, you likely already know what it is. There's a reason torture hasn't gone by the wayside completely yet.
>>
>>50549015
The problem with those two, is that they were ultimately broken people, and we're unable to properly make an existential commitment or statement of themselves and accept the consequences of it.

It's hard to use your human ability to reach the infinite, when you are essentially just an anthropomorphic sword at your core
>>
>>50548434

>Torture is an Evil act regardless of the intent

Only against Good
>>
>>50548986
If you want to make a mecha suit with an AI partner, you want to be an Ectopic Artisan aegis
>>
File: s5lPz0b.gif (1MB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
s5lPz0b.gif
1MB, 245x150px
>>50549048
>yfw the paladin falls
>>
Tell me about a moment where you or your party has the sudden realization that you had royally fucked up.

Those moments of sudden horror when you realize an assumption you made was wrong, an ally betrays you, or you realize you underestimated the enemy.

How did you respond? And please don't get into an argument, last time I asked this people got into an argument than lying to players made you a bad GM, I don't want to get into that again.
>>
What is the most HEROIC class? The classic fantasy hero standing tall against all odds.
>>
>>50549209

Paladin, it's basically the "Protagonist" class for a reason.
>>
>>50549209
Paladin
>>
>>50549158
The points is less "I wish I could do this concept" and more "I wish I could decide to just sit down and sink money into making something, into which I could throw a useless party member".

Admittedly, I am in the complete wrong system if I want to do build-a-mecha as a feature.
>>
>>50549209
What kind of question is this? Fucking paladins.
>>
>>50549048
>>50549175

>That one session where the two parties are forced to work together or spend time on neutral ground
>>
>>50549236
I kill the other party.
>>
>>50549209
A wizard pretending to be a paladin because he actually can win against all odds
>>
Does 3pp mean 3rd party shit?
>>
File: ChaikaRising.gif (409KB, 530x420px) Image search: [Google]
ChaikaRising.gif
409KB, 530x420px
>>50549209
Obviously it's a Chosen One Paladin of Freedom
>>
>>50549190
The party finally put it together that I was the guy they were looking for.

Every time we went somewhere, a dead body would turn up with a playing card (specifically, an ace of clubs) left on the body. This happened in every village, town and city and would always lead to the party trying to investigate this and figure out who was doing it.

After a while, the killer started leaving notes on the backs of the cards that would taunt the party with information nobody should know. They finally discovered that I was the killer, three in-game years later, when one of them went through my bag while I was sleeping and found a bunch of identical playing cards.

They killed me in my sleep.
>>
>>50549154
Nope.
>>
>>50549270
3rd party product
Which can range from "pretty cool" to "as horribly balanced as core"
>>
>"How do I stat X in D&D?"

The answer is always Wizard.
>>
Would Paladins make good defence lawyers?
>>
>>50549297
Nah there is stuff that is far more poorly balanced than core. Trust me that is an achievement.
>>
>>50549305
This is incorrect.
>>
>>50549190
We had to close a portal summoning evil demon shit and our resident insane wizard suggested we call upon an evil ghost-thing we encountered earlier and ask for him to close it. Being the retards we are, we thought that was a GREAT idea. Having not taken any of sort of precautions, we summoned the ghost-thing and he basically said "what the fuck" then tried to kill us instead of closing the portal because why wouldn't he.

Thankfully we managed to talk him down with a blood pact to sacrifice 300 souls in exchange for his services.
>>
>>50549305
No it's the owlbear stat block
>>
>>50549048

Best thing is we know who is on the enemy team, so we can build ourselves around beating them on the field and in the bedroom!
>>
>>50549310
You cant be a good prosecutor if you are not LN.
That old lady has to go to jail for stealing that bread , this aint no anarchy.
On the other hand defense attorneys must be LE even when defending an innocent client.
>>
>>50549297
Ok, gotcha. I playes my first session(both of Pathfinder and tabletop RPG) on Friday and shit was fun. I was told to stay away from the 3rd party races and my friend who got me into the group pointed out some of the cringe worthy shit out there.
>>
>>50549296

[citation needed]

http://hackslashmaster.blogspot.com/2013/06/on-alignment-by-gygax.html
>>
>>50549344
I can just imagine that when you summoned him, his first thought was "oh god not these fucking guys again"
>>
>>50549305
No its made up supernatural abilities
>>
>>50549364
Ok you better elaborate
Because what makes defence attorneys fucking lawful evil
>>
>>50549310

Paladins would make better public defenders, you want an Inquisitor for the defense.
>>
>>50549190
So, this is a 5e game, but I'll just say how it ended:
>get turned into a giant flaming weregoat and rode through a village by a demonic goat god thing and forced to eat people

I survived and kept going. My party had a serious discussion about killing me right there and then after they found me unconscious and naked in a field covered in blood.
>>
>>50549364
>Phoenix Wright
>LE
>>
>>50549390
If you are not willing to do anything to get your guy out of jail, then you are simply not good at your job.
Even Daredevil goes around punching people outside the court room.
>>
>>50549310
You need Wisdom for profession Barrister.

Inquisitors, Clerics, or Experts would be better.
>>
>>50549390
Did somebody summon Feinjor the Heartless?
http://elf-comic.thecomicseries.com/comics/233/
>>
>>50549368
Races, yeah those can be pretty shit
Plus, chances are no matter what race it is it will usually not be as versatile as a Human, save for one or two cases like the Obitu.

But yeah, take 3pp options with a grain of salt, but also keep in mind many of them can be just as good if not better than the Paizo stuff. Just keep an open mind about it in general, and try to decide for yourself if something is right to play or not
>>
>>50549422
That is not how lawful evil works
That is also not how anyone would let you play a lawyer
>>
>>50549368
A good way to check for good 3p content is to check the reviews for things. You see a lot of low reviews for a publisher or a product, and it's probably jank. Or you see a ton of good ones and you can realize that it's pretty solid.
>>
>>50549451
But anon, my parents are lawyers
>>
>implying all lawyers are not lawful evil
>>
Tell me about the BBEG, anons.

Ours is a man that has made himself immortal by killing adventurers. Through some kind of ritual, whenever he kills an adventurer, he adds their lifespan to his own.
>>
>>50549453
corallary to this, EnZeitgeist generally has fair reviews most of the time
>>
>>50549469
Sorry for your loss.
>>
>>50549433
I made a Druid(I got some mad shade when I posted that in another thread) and I'm mostly sticking to the core stuff.

I'm playing him mostly like an ecologist that wants to just hang in the woods for the most part. A mix between the druids from Skellige(Witcher 3), Dr. Kynes from Dune, and a little bit of the God's Gardeners(largely this: in the quest of protecting life, the most important life to protect is your own) from The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood.
>>
>>50549486
Some of them are, yes. I'd say more than the average for the population.
>>
>>50549493
She's a Fungus Queen with designs on an ancient artifact she doesn't even know was stolen from under the town near her forest YEARS ago.

I've been making everything up as I go along send help.
>>
>>50549493

My BBEG is a bored nobleman's son who has been thrill killing across the continent.

I'm going to try and make sure he gets away with it in the end, and next campaign is him as an adult, quite embarrassed but otherwise nostalgic about his wild youth.
>>
File: 016-perry-mason-theredlist.jpg (14KB, 472x612px) Image search: [Google]
016-perry-mason-theredlist.jpg
14KB, 472x612px
>>50549486
Your honor, I objeft to this and would like to present my evidence.
Exhibit A, pic related
>>
>>50549528
>I've been making everything up as I go along send help.
So have I, anon.

I have been for the past 5 years.

It will never end.
>>
File: Game set and match.png (154KB, 400x347px) Image search: [Google]
Game set and match.png
154KB, 400x347px
>>50549510
EZG's generally a fair measure even if you can see his preferences in his reviews some of the times.

My average review from him is a 4.6/5 with 4 seals of approval.
>>
>>50547467
Knives then. Really good knives.
>>
>>50549486
Matlock is LG
>>
File: Objection.gif (301KB, 700x300px) Image search: [Google]
Objection.gif
301KB, 700x300px
>>50549486
>>50549420
>>
>>50549515
Druids are good, and are one of the more powerful and potent classes in the game. Often people who are experienced with them can build them to be pretty OP
>>
>>50549589
>>50549579
>>50549542
Lawyer propaganda to fool the masses
>>
Isn't Aragorn from lotr the prototypical ranger? How is he not just a fighter that dipped into rogue for more skills? Literally how did ranger end up with shit divine casting and a pet dog?
>>
>>50549553

REMOVE KANAME remove kaname you are worst panic
>>
>>50549589
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhjk5x54bsE
>>
>>50549607
He has powers of healing on account of being the rightful king of Gondor.
>>
>>50549607

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1503
>>
What IS Riddick, a Rogue?
>>
>>50549704

Wizard
>>
>>50549542
I think people misunderstand how LE works.
LE people can do good most of the time if it works to their convenience.They might never even do a single evil act because he never had the chance to get away with it.
LE is all about winning the game playing by the rules. Its the politician that after blowing up a wedding with a drone calls it "collateral damage". Its the guy deciding that recalling a defective lot of cars that would kill their drivers is more expensive than paying the following lawsuits. Its the corporation threatening to move out of a country just to get subsides, and then moving out anyway.
>>
>>50549726
And how the bloody hell does any of that apply to Perry Mason? Nothing you have said neither supports nor denies your claim, yet you are acting like it does.

Provide actual evidence and support for your postulation, or admit to not having any
>>
>>50549715
Wizards don't use knives.
>>
>>50549769

A level 20 wizard can easily knife a bear to death with no spells
>>
>>50549661
Old dnd was fucked, man. It's interesting your hitdie cap out at 10. I kinda like that, honestly.
>>
Someone should do the good Hell's Vengeance thing.
>>
File: blackmage01.jpg (13KB, 162x188px) Image search: [Google]
blackmage01.jpg
13KB, 162x188px
>>50549769
>wizards don't use knives
>>
What do you think are the most common feats among NPCs?

I'm thinking probably Skill Focus is number 1, but what others? Other skill based feats? Maybe catch off guard/throw anything? Probably power attack?

What are the most common feats among the general population?
>>
>>50549767
>Mason establishes his client's innocence by dramatically demonstrating the guilt of another character. The murderer often breaks down and confesses to the crime in the courtroom. In the closing scene, the characters gather together to discuss how the case was solved.
>During this stage, other malefactors — such as blackmailers, frauds, and forgers — are frequently forced into confessions by Mason's relentless and clever questioning, and the killer is exposed.

Never watched the show, but seems to me like this guy was acting more like a detective than a lawyer. Therefore, he isnt good at his job, just like Matt Murdock. If you have to moonlight as a policeman vigilante or whatever to do get your shit done its like saying you are a great fighter because you multiclassed in wizard.
>>
>>50549849
I would only if I could work with the other Hell's Vengeance GM in order to have the two parties come into conflict.
>>
>>50549812
It certainly helped what would have otherwise been runaway HP inflation, that's for fucking sure.
>>
File: 1475451640424.jpg (141KB, 596x591px) Image search: [Google]
1475451640424.jpg
141KB, 596x591px
>>50549889
>pathfinder
>PvP
>>
>>50549885
>its like saying you are a great fighter because you multiclassed in wizard.
The funny thing is, that is actually entirely valid.
>>
>>50549905
Which is what you see in every modern iteration of dnd. It's honestly one of my biggest gripes, the power spiking.
>>
>>50549916
PvP is fun. I've played in a ton of PvP games and had a great time with friends.

Last one I won with my fighter build.
>>
Could a Drow wear sunglasses to get over their Light Sensitivity?
>>
>>50549889
>>50549916

Wrong

They should work together, to stop some spawn of Rovagug
>>
>>50549941
I'll take things that never happen for 400, Alex
>>
>>50549920
Full ship of Theseus. You know what will make an even better fighter? 20 levels in wizard.
>>
>>50549916
>two groups of varyingly optimised gestalted initiators throwing down

>it's held in a nonlethal damage area
>loses are kept as toys/pets for the winners

Is there anything so sweet or bitter knowing your PC beat others "fair and square" (or not) and that they'll become helpless playthings of others if you lose?
>>
>>50549849

Let's say a good Hell's Vengeance campaign was made with the same rules as the last one and an explicit mention that the PCs from the other campaign will show up and interact with yours.

What would you guys make?
>>
>>50549947
If your DM is cool and lets you use that one item from 3.5, yeah.
>>
>>50549967
No it was a level 20 oneshot game, lasted four sessions.

What part of having fun doing PvP is unbelievable?

There were a few restrictions like lack of preparation time, and banning certain spells (simulacrum, planar binding/ally, gate, and blood money were the major ones I think, don't know if there were others).
>>
>>50549987
That's both gross and retarded.
>>
>>50549987
I know I could build a character that could easily kick the teeth in of the current HV characters.
>>
>>50549885

That has more to do with actual lawyering being a total borefest for primetime cable television.

>t. Guy who spent three years on a state champion mock trial team
>>
>>50549947
From the Vampire Hunter D Supplement.

Sun Sensitivity Outfit 300 gold

Dhampirs and other races sensitive to glaring light know a unique hell when traveling under the sun’s vicious rays. To protect against the painful light, members of these races often shield themselves with some combination of heavy cloaks, gloves, tinted glasses, screening salves, and—most importantly—wide-brimmed hats. A sun sensitivity outfit prevents creatures with light sensitivity from being dazzled when walking, traveling, or otherwise performing simple acts in areas of bright natural light. Acclimating to the light still requires a moment of adjustment, so even when wearing this outfit, creatures with light sensitivity are dazzled for 1 minute after entering an area of bright sunlight. Violent activity such as combat (or any other act that might jostle the wearer’s hat) also counters the outfit’s effectiveness, causing the wearer to be subject to light sensitivity as normal. A sun sensitivity outfit offers no protection against magical light, such as the spell daylight.
>>
Does anybody have the actual first volume of Strange Aeons? It's missing from the trove and the volumes 2 and 3 are mislabelled as 1 and 2.
>>
>>50549861
Due to ivory tower design, you have literally hundreds of feats entirely worthless for PCs to choose from. If anything, all the PCs build look alike, while every commoner is a commoner on his own way.
>>
>>50549652
I thought his deal was just he knew his herbs.
>>
>>50550073

The herbs unlocked their full potential when he was using them.
>>
>>50550012
>There were a few restrictions like lack of preparation time,
So in other words it was designed explicitly to put Casters at a disadvantage so that the Martials would actually be able to be useful and benefit from all day resources.

Okay, that makes sense, as long as there wasn't a Barbarian in the part
>>
>>50550035
>I know I could build a character that could easily kick the teeth in of the current HV characters.
Exhibit A of "Why PVP HV Will Not Be A Thing That Happens"

I'm running this AP to Take It Easy. You can't roll easy with PVP.
>>
>>50550035
you could

but could you make them ATTRACTIVE and COMPELLING hm?
>>
>>50550019
The alternative PVP is one group kills the other and then that's the end of the campaign for 6 people.
>>
>>50550134

The alternative is just not do it.
>>
>>50548021
In pathfinder outsiders have no need to eat food, so there is no guarantee they have any kind of digestive track.
>>
>>50550097
Literally the one restriction was "You can't have an army of simulacrum or outsiders".

I think that is a fair restriction so PvP doesn't devolve into people on their demiplanes pumping out simulacrum of demon lords with blood money and wish.

We were all trapped together in an archipelago, none of us could leave even if we wanted to.

Though it turned into every time I encountered an enemy I killed him round 2 or 3 depending on if he had EFS prepared.
>>
>>50550134
Or you could just not do PvP
>>50550128
>ATTRACTIVE and COMPELLING hm?
Completely subjective.
>>
>>50549987

When 4e first came out, I played in a PBP pvp arena game. Each player made a party and had them fight other players.

Everyone else was going for balanced shit I went with 5x rangers. I killed one of my opponents characters across the map on the first round and he quit.
>>
>>50550128
>but could you make them ATTRACTIVE and COMPELLING hm?

Moreso than them, I optimize roleplaying to.

>>50550154
The ATTRACTIVE isn't any longer unfortunately with their dumb calculation.
>>
>>50550149
They can eat and be poisoned though. They just don't need to.

Also natives do need to eat.
>>
i was thinking less pvp and more like, iunno. cameos or the occasional villain of the week type of thing.
>>
If HV became a pvp campaign I'd quit
>>
>>50550170
Something similar happened for a PvP game I played as a level 16/mythic 6 ranger.

I ended up winning by a landslide.
>>
>>50550073
It was kind of both. Magic in LotR is subtle and pervasive, not at all flashy like in D&D. Just like Gandalf doesn't just cast fireballs even with his ring, so Aragorn doesn't just cast Cure Light Wounds.
>>
Het /pfg/ looking for help from more psionic savy anons: If you multiclass two classes with Collective how does that work? Do the levels stack for the purpose of the Collectiive? I'm looking through the D20 site, so maybe it's missing a sidebar from the book. Im playing a Tactician and I'm thinking of taking a single Vitalist level to nab Collective Healing and spread the the wrok of our healer around.

Alternatively, are there any rules about playing with two Collective classes in the same party? Like if I, a Tactican, am part of a Vitalist Collective can I NOT make him a part of my collective? If so, I assume he can use collective healing on me, but I can't use Coordinated Strike on him. If we both have the same person on our collectives, but for some reason are not in each others collectives can we use the guy to relay info from one collective to another? That might be a plot point for my next turn as DM.
>>
>>50550154
Knowing that the players are /pfg/ members it's just going to be a cold war to see who will twitch first to protect their precious snowflakes.

Why would good folks on the side of the reclamation or evil folks on the Cheliax side NOT kill each other except for hugely contrived reasons?

Honestly two evil games where both parties are working under the same people with orders not to kill each other would lead to much better entertainment and power struggles. Good Vs evil will just end in dead characters.
>>
>>50550256
Collective does not stack. You are two separate collectives that do not interact. However if both features are named Collective your class features from one class can be used through both.
>>
>>50550284
It'd be even better if there was no pvp because I'm not interested in playing a pvp game
>>
>>50550284
>Knowing that the players are /pfg/ members it's just going to be a cold war to see who will twitch first to protect their precious snowflakes.
See, my favorite party is I know I would win that autism war. I want to enter into that war because I know that I am better at optimization, particularly for killing PCs, than 99.9% of /pfg/ goers.

I'm a lot better at being a bastard about it.
>>
File: witch.png (134KB, 1580x789px) Image search: [Google]
witch.png
134KB, 1580x789px
So this is my first real attempt at doing the stats side of a character at least. Did I majorly go wrong anywhere?
>>
>>50550309
Same desu.
>>
>>50550323

Which is why we'll never play with you. Because you think pvp is cool
>>
>>50550284

I wouldn't mind my character getting cut down in PvP!
>>
>>50550323
>teleports behind u
>unsheaths 2hu
Psh, nothing personell, kid
>>
>>50550309
i'm like kind of neutral on this because while i dont want there to be like dickwaving optimization battles disrupting the gameplay (since i did do a lot of stupid stuff optimization wise for a better character thematically)

i would like there to be some sort of weird linear guild competition thing, just maybe not pvp oriented?

iunno im dumb
>>
>>50550323
>one group is optimized for killing PCs because somebody is a 2hu tier autist who likes PvP and presumably wants to ruin games.
>The other group just wanted to make fun hammy villians with neat builds

Yeah this sounds fun
>>
gareth around?

couple qns about my pow:e i just got in the mail.
>>
>>50550309

Honestly I just want the duo-campaign for the wild interactions between a good and evil party.
>>
>>50550373
>swigs vodka behind u
>takes safety off kalashnikov
Nothing is personal, comrade.
>>
>>50550430
but it would inevitably result in PvP

fuck off.
>>
>>50550370
>>50550323
Yeah, but most folks made their HV characters around being characters and being good lewding platforms more than being optimised killbots.

Adding PVP isn't going to do anything but make salt happen.

Social combat, however... I doubt anyone would mind their characters getting to bully others/be bullied!
>>
>>50550151
How in the hell were you never Dominated, had your gear Liquefied, lost your stuff to Grease, or similar, get kites by a flier, fall in a created pit, get Shocking Memed, or get hit by Stat damage or drain?

Also, where the fights constant and continuous, or what? Give me more specifics and rules
>>
>>50550451
>Adding PVP isn't going to do anything but make salt happen.
I love salt.

>Social combat, however... I doubt anyone would mind their characters getting to bully others/be bullied!
I would optimize bullying.

>>50550414
>Yeah this sounds fun
Honestly yeah. People getting buttmad when their special snowflake who is supposed to be a great warrior dying gives me the warm fuzzies.

>>50550373
>Psh, nothing personell, kid
Yeah, it's be great.
>>
>>50550451

>That spoiler

Yes please! Tons of bully potential in that party!
>>
>>50550290
So I would have the Collective of a Tactician 6 (160ft, 3 people) and the Collective of a Vitalist 1 (110 ft, 1 people unless I increase my wisdom a lot) but I can use Collective Healing or Coordinated Strike on all four. Could be a much better dip in a high pointbuy.
>>
>>50550482
ur weird bro
>>
>>50550482

Tell us anon, who do you want to bully the hardest and why?
>>
>>50550482
Anon, why don't you go to your local playground and kicks some toddlers? It'd only be a slightly less positive contribution to the world than posting here.
>>
>>50550482
>anon is actually an edgelord faggot

HAHA, I HAVE BESTED YOU IN THE GAME OF OPTIMIZING CHARACTERS TO KILL OTHERS

EVEN THOUGH YOU WEREN'T PLAYING THAT GAME AND WERE TRYING TO HAVE -FUN-

>actually unironically being a That Guy

I just feel pity for you
>>
>>50550472
>How in the hell were you never Dominated
No one could come close to touching my will save.

>had your gear Liquefied
There are items that defend against this, also my primary weapon was immune.

>lost your stuff to Grease
Locked gauntlet

>get kites by a flier
I could fly and teleport

>fall in a created pit
Again, could fly and teleport

>get Shocking Memed
I did much more damage

>or get hit by Stat damage or drain
Was immune to a lot of it, and they didn't have the time. If they didn't kill me round 1 then they were fucked. If I thought I was gonna lose after round 1 I used a scroll to teleport away.
>>
>>50550527
>i was immune against it

I see

So you're lying

We figured it out boys.

Its almost like IT DIDN'T HAPPEN
>>
>>50550482
Try optimising for a character with a persobality and background that'd get accepted first.
>>50550486
Ok, instead of the Hell's vengance parallel party idea, we have good team enrolling in Hell's Vengance High, a school where the HV characters are pupils.
>>
File: 1437634415556.png (933KB, 880x792px) Image search: [Google]
1437634415556.png
933KB, 880x792px
Would it be possible to make small constructs say about the size of a spider or basketball, that could blow up on death? I'm trying to read up on craft constructs. Like is it possible, how to calculate cost, what crafting skills would be needed ect.

I want to go carpet bombing.
>>
>>50546792
>something flexible, like jkd.
>training in: concealed weapons, poisons and traps, joint locks, quick strikes to the vitals, and attacks meant to permanently break/dislocate joints.
>stealth and climbing and other things suited to assassinations.
>>
>>50550526
It is unironically enjoyable. You should try it sometime.

>I just feel pity for you
I feel nothing at all for you.

>>50550522
Toddlers don't have as good of reactions as pathfinder autists.

>>50550518
Shizuka
>>
>>50550553
>we have good team enrolling in Hell's Vengance High, a school where the HV characters are pupils.

hell yeah boy

i already pictured our roster as pretty much teen titans
>>
>>50550573

>we have good team enrolling in Hell's Vengance High, a school where the HV characters are pupils.

wtf lmao
>>
>>50550572
>He actually thinks himself as chad thundercock

kek
>>
>>50550541
You can be immune to a good deal of ability score damage rather easily at high levels bud. It's not even a big investment to do so.
>>
>>50550597
No, I think of myself as a massive neckbeard who enjoys bullying in this game because it's easy and fun. Especially when people get super salty. I laugh while stroking my neck beard.
>>
>>50550629
>he's unrionically shitposting in /tg/ about killing people's characters when they have made characters absolutely unoptimized to PvP

So cool anon.
>>
>>50550527
>. If I thought I was gonna lose after round 1 I used a scroll to teleport away.
>in a game with no prep time
I am now doubting the truth of your claims

Also, I highly doubt your Will score is high enough as a fighter to stop a caster of comparable level from dominating you, unless you either had a ridiculous point buy, or stupid lucky stat rolls.

Also, if you had access to all this stuff, that doesn't explain how the others didn't as well to counter it, unless they were just supremely bad at building and you were the illumine who knew what he was doing.

Also, details, who did you fight, because I highly doubt a similarly built Barbarian or Slayer could've been taken down without a shitton of luck

Also, no one AMFd or Disjunctioned your shit because why?
>>
>>50550553
>>50550573

Okay, let's take a step back and figure out what we want to get out of this parallel group, yeah?

You guys want to interact with the HV team without it devolving into PvP, yeah? Do you guys want this to be a full campaign, or just your characters showing up for a session or three before going off-screen?
>>
>>50550661
its simple anon

It didn't happen and he's lying.
>>
>>50550572
>Toddlers don't have as good of reactions as pathfinder autists.
No anon, you are the autists.
>>
>>50550661
>I am now doubting the truth of your claims
Having items in your inventory is not prep time.

Basically the "no prep time" was not to create simulacrum armies, bind lots of outsiders, do extensive divination, etc. We went in with what we could carry without our characters knowing we were going in beforehand.

We were suddenly forced to go with little to no time to prepare. My character had those scrolls around.

>Also, I highly doubt your Will score is high enough as a fighter to stop a caster of comparable level from dominating you, unless you either had a ridiculous point buy, or stupid lucky stat rolls.
>literally have a +48 to will saves against mind effecting

>Also, no one AMFd or Disjunctioned your shit because why?
They would be killed if they were in an AMF because the character's strength is still above 30 in an AMF.

>Disjunctioned
This was the most dangerous thing, yes.
>>
>>50550680
>No anon, you are the autists.
Yes I am and damn to I enjoy it.
>>
>>50550663
Two people want to be voyeurs and have Good versions of the HV characters lewd the current HV roster.
One person wants to make a PVP character to epeen and make other people upset that their non-pvp characters lost to a pvp-designed build.

None of the HV players want any of this.

No-one wants to play the good versions of the HV characters.

The rejected HV members want to be in an identical but unrelated ERP HV game.

That's about it.
>>
File: 1439745905382.png (612KB, 900x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1439745905382.png
612KB, 900x1040px
>>50550561
I see you all are busy. I'll come back later.
>>
>>50550718
You know all that affirmative action doesn't mean autism stopped being bad.
>>
>>50550561
Ask your GM. I don't think there are any official constructs that fit your needs, so it would need to be a custom job.
>>
>>50550703
You can drop AMFs on other people, you know.
>>
>>50550703
I took the build off of /pfg/.
>>
>>50549928
It doesn't bother me as much because outside of a single edition damage has generally kept to scale so that damage dudes blow up monsters quickly solo if they're spending resources, and sometimes even if they aren't.

But holy mother of fuck do I ever hate that single edition with a passion. Why would you DO that?
>>
>>50550780
>You can drop AMFs on other people, you know.
Once you do they can just step out of it.
>>
>>50550732

>None of the HV players want any of this.

I'd be fine with it!
>>
>>50550482
>People getting buttmad when their special snowflake who is supposed to be a great warrior dying gives me the warm fuzzies.
Your tears over never being able to do this count as pathfinder autist buttmad tears, right?
>>
>>50550703
>We were suddenly forced to go with little to no time to prepare. My character had those scrolls around.
Doesn't explain why they didn't have those same tactics as well in case of trouble. Because from your description so far it sounds like the only theoretical advantage you could've had was in which magic items you picked compared to others

Also, at Lvl 20, Most casters should've been able to easily outrage you, or there could've been a skilled enough Archer to keep distance and kill you, unless said fights were in a hyper enclosed area

And once again, because you've still obstinate of this, give details on who else was fighting and your build as well. Because I'm curious how you weren't just outsmashed by a more powerful martial class, unless your fighter was also a mix of numerous archetypes as well, like Mutation Warrior and such
>>
>>50550732
im fine with it as well.

as a hv player
>>
>>50546717

I got bored and made this shit.
Probably shite but feel free to rip it apart.

http://pastebin.com/8N0buHXv
>>
File: 1479927916733.jpg (196KB, 811x858px) Image search: [Google]
1479927916733.jpg
196KB, 811x858px
Stat me.
>>
>>50550732

A chance for some awesome Good/Evil PC interactions while getting more butts into sessions? Of course I'd want that!
>>
>>50550805
>>50550815
I'd be all right with campaign interaction between two different groups, but I don't want PvP combat for a very simple reason.

Yori is gimmicky. If you can't see through her invisibility she's decently strong, but if you know where she is she's a lot less useful.
>>
>>50547373
Rapid shot is a the best trade off for penalty mitigation
Weapon Focus is useful if you have a few feats invested in a specific weapon, such as improved critical or rapid reload
Those are the ones I use frequently in combat
>>
>>50550814
>Also, at Lvl 20, Most casters should've been able to easily outrage you, or there could've been a skilled enough Archer to keep distance and kill you
Multiple teleportations was the key here.
>>
>>50550848
A refluffed version of that one Rakshasha with the snake arms
>>
>>50550815
>>50550805
Post that on the HV roll20 forum if you're fine with PVP and intend to do so!
>>
>>50550814
>unless your fighter was also a mix of numerous archetypes as well, like Mutation Warrior and such
I'll post the character:
>http://pastebin.com/hMmLECRV

I got it off of /pfg/.

The other people included a Ranger, Oracle, Alchemist, and Witch
>>
>>50550848

wizard (male)
>>
>>50550848

Lvl 15, Witch with stars patron.
>>
>>50550855

Agreed, it would have to be a gentleman's agreement between both groups to keep lethal PvP from happening unless both parties consented to it.

Which is hardly a difficult thing to enforce! It's basically "don't be a dick! Communicate!"
>>
>>50550898
I literally think in a fight I might kill them by accident.
>>
>>50550878
So you played a barbarian, not a fighter?
>>
>>50550898
>>50550855
>>50550663
You should probably check with the HV GM before anything else. Hard to do any sort of tied in campaign without that.
>>
>>50550904

We get Improved Unarmed Strike for free, anon!
>>
>>50550906
Nope, level 20 fighter. No levels in barbarian here.
>>
>>50548869
Basically everything in here
http://paizo.com/products/btpy93ig?Arte-Mortis-A-Design-Guide-for-Necrocrafts-and-Necromancers
>>
>>50550878
>that build
Alright, now I believe you a bit more. When you said Fighter, I didn't expect you to mean "altered so heavily as to be unrecognizable as a fighter". My apologies for doubting you.
Though I will also assume the other players weren't as super optimized to the gills as you were, hence your swift victory
>>
>>50550941
Ohhh, variant multiclass. So fighter with bits of barbarian spliced in.
>>
>>50550878

Isnt that DHBs autism fighter?
>>
File: brock-samson-sp.jpg (46KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
brock-samson-sp.jpg
46KB, 500x250px
>>50550993
This anon basically built the most UnFighter Fighter ever
He made Old Man Magic Brock Samson fused with a small side of Free-form Forum Roleplayer
The Autism Fight Lord
>>
>>50551013
Yeah I saw it posted by him and decided to use it.
>>
Which class'll let me most effectively summon giant spiders?
>>
>>50551038
Druid
Witch
Maybe Hunter
Summoner
Cleric maybe
Wizard
>>
>>50551038
Refluffed swarm druid
>>
>>50551026
>tfw it has two TWO intelligent weapons

Shit is dumb yo.

>>50551026
Old Man Magic Brock Samson + Free Form Forum Roleplayer + Special Snowflaked "Psh Nothing Personnel Kid" + TWO Intelligent Swords + ORC + Heaps of other bullshit
>>
>>50551038

Summoner
Blight Druid
Verminous Hunter
>>
>>50551038
Magaambyan Arcanist Wizard, with Conjuration based feats.
So long as they are Celestial Spiders that is
>>
>>50550878
How do you even beat that character?
>>
>>50551062
>Free Form Forum Roleplayer + Special Snowflaked "Psh Nothing Personnel Kid"
Those are the same thing though
>>
>>50551026
I can't think of anything more fitting to play in a game of level 20 PVP.

Not an optimiser here, how badly fucked would that guy be by an initiator with appropriate counters?
>>
>>50551075
I dunno, we'll have to compare stats to Cthulhu and the Tarrasque

And of course a wizard with enough preptime and sufficient funding could manage something if he has time.
>>
>>50551119
>I dunno, we'll have to compare stats to Cthulhu and the Tarrasque
DepressedHomebrewer did his bench mark tests against Cthulhu and autism won.
>>
>>50551035
>I want to destroy other people so I can feel good
>I cant do it myself so I'll use someone else's to do it.
>>
>>50551119
>>50551075
The answer is he is immune to a ton of stuff. He needs to be overwhelmed by massive odds.

Most of the sure kills one would normally use he is immune to. Even Mindscape (because mindscape targets the soul), so the sure easy kill is denied.
>>
>>50550929

Indeed, he reads hereabouts but it'd be better to address the issue in the game forum.
>>
Since we're talking optimization, anyone have the build where someone made a snow copy of some mythic monster, had it birth a brainless daemonic harbinger, then possessed it?
>>
>>50551098
Depends. With his pure levels of bullshit, it's be pretty tough.
The initiator will most likely have to avoid many boosts and options, since he'd have to rely on counters not to die too quickly. And unfortunately I doubt his maneuvers would help with the raw totals.

I'd say it'd be really close, but it'd favor Autism Fighter, though the fight would last a pretty good while, possibly 5-6 rounds, or less pending on the rolls.
>>
>>50551166
Autism Wizard?

It's actually really vulnerable because he became vulnerable to a bunch of things that specifically effect evil outsiders.

Like being surrounded by sacred salt.
>>
>>50551075
He can only dimension door 3 times a day. Perception is 41. Deeper darkness sniper would do it if you could nail him with a dimensional anchor.
>>
>>50551183
Also remember that Autism Fighter has WAY too much HP and is immune to ranged attacks effectively.
>>
>>50548292
Paladins don't Need to worship a god, it just is the easiest way to roll play then.
You could just be a guy with very rigid moral ideas of good a try to strive to share these ideas.
>>
>>50551195
Aw, really? Still interested, if you have a link I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>50551204
Cut from the Air is a problem. He can't be flatfooted against the attack because of Uncanny Dodge.

You need to fire at least 9 times a round to hit him.
>>
>>50551207
So in otherwords, then only worthy challenge would be an equally autistic Initiator.

Someone summon DHB and 2hu. We need Gigatism levels of Autism for this one.
>>
>>50551255
Copy his character, then you have a 50-50 chance of winning.
>>
>>50551255
>tfw DHB is nice wholesome autism
>tfw 2hu is toxic evil autism

Truly goes to show that you can't blame 2hu's autism on how shit he is, he's just shit.
>>
>>50551273
>implying he doesn't have counter measures against himself
>>
>make Shizuka, with the intention of being a hammy combination of a 90s anime samurai femme fatale and jetstream sam
>DM likes it and character gets accepted
>wake up today and go onto my favorite website. 4chan.org
>onto my favorite board, /tg/
>onto my favorite thread this part is a lie /pfg/
>Some weird autist is masturbating over killing my character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnedYYgg3N0
>>
>>50551304
>implying he doesn't have counter measures against counter measures against himself
>>
>>50550794
To which are you referring? I'm not familiar
>>
>>50551237
>Unusually massive ranged weapons (such as boulders or ballista bolts) and ranged attacks generated by spell effects cannot be deflected.

There are ways round it. You just need to wield a small sized ballista for sniping.
>>
>>50551347
True, but you can't fire a Ballista as fast and can't make full attacks with one. You need to chew through 650HP at one attack per round.
>>
File: LoK - Raziel trust.png (175KB, 437x481px) Image search: [Google]
LoK - Raziel trust.png
175KB, 437x481px
>>50551316
>>50551304
>>
>>50550878
Didn't we roll to see how big his dick was and it was like 34 inches?
>>
>>50551309
I- I'm sorry. I was only trying to bait someone into running a second hell's vengance game but it spiralled out of control.
>>
>>50551366
Better make it a vital strike ballista build, then.
>>
File: tumblr_nomwpbQnrq1s8haa7o3_400.gif (667KB, 345x376px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nomwpbQnrq1s8haa7o3_400.gif
667KB, 345x376px
>>50551347
Or play a Siege Wizard who hides underground under dozens of layers of magic warding and protection, and has Scrying devices to control a whole bunch of Adamantium ballistae.

TIME FOR WAR CRIMES!
>>
>>50551347
Does he not have Smash from the Air?
>>
What are some ideas for unique and memorable boss encounters you have /pfg/?
>>
>>50551410
Difficult to pin the guy down if he's as fast as a gundam and can plane shift.
>>
>>50551461
Autism Fighter. He even has a cool back story!
>>
>>50551460
My bad, he does. No ballista sniping.
>>
>>50551485
>>50551460
>>50551410
How do you kill him then?
>>
>>50551386
i'm just confused why he singled out me as the one he wants to kill the most

I mean not gonna lie getting a few shades of Virt from his fucko
>>
>>50551319
5E. Fucking game has higher RtK than 4E did against anything but Solos if you were actually competent at building a character in 4E.
>>
>>50551501
Oh, that's easy. If he's an NPC use a female version of NTOracle's massive diplomacy to make him give up his sword and club, and settle down with her and have 6 kids, and then after about 40 years he'll die happily in his sleep.
>>
>>50551503
Doesn't it thrill you someone wants her that way?

Doesn't it give you a sense of power that he'll never have you, no matter how much he fantasises over your slowly cooling corpse?
>>
And people wonder why some prefer the lewd/cuteposting.
>>
>>50551576
Not really, mostly just skeeved out

>>50551580
it was way better.
>>
File: virt.jpg (60KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
virt.jpg
60KB, 500x259px
>>50551503
>>
>>50551580
I prefer this! It's fun!
>>
what's a good lvl 1 caster build for rise of the runelords
>>
>>50551593
Nah, I can get some laughs out of this. The cute posting just makes me question my life choices.
>>
>>50551616
something that takes color spray
>>
Alright, so, what happens when a Explosive Rune is destroyed? I don't mean dispelled. I mean the object it's on get's destroyed. Does it stop functioning, or does it detonate?
>>
>>50551545
I killed him once with mass suffocation. Then DPH made him so he didn't had to breath.
>>
>>50551616
What caster class were you looking at?

I personally recommend witch. By far my favorite full caster. Be a human and get Evil Eye and use feats to get Cackle and Misfortune to be a great debuffer. Grab ill omen and other debuff spells.
>>
>>50551632
Yeah I remember that. We spent two threads finding weaknesses and he closed all the loops.
>>
>>50551616
Human Druid with Spinosaurus pet that trades out their bonus feat to give their Spinosaurus +2 STR just for shiggles.
>>
>>50551632
Then someone said 8d4 enervation rats and he became immune to that. Then someone said mindscape and he became immune to that.
>>
>>50551650
I was looking into wizard and sorcerer, but I could go with something else
>>
>>50551501
From range it's literally impossible. Chances are you'd need to start generating at least 9+ ranged attacks per round to overwhelm, depending on the guy's stats (forget it if the game touches fucking mythic, it becomes inifinite).

There IS one way you can hit him. It requires the Level 7 Tempest Gale maneuver: This is an automatic hit with threat (you only roll to confirm but you DID NOT ROLL TO ATTACK). The fact that it is an automatic hit means there is no roll to oppose, and hopefully you're using an x4 firearm (should be x5 by then) or at the very least a railgun.

That will give you one shot.
>>
>>50551545

Truly, the most dastardly plan. Others will not even suspect he is slowly being killed as he raises his children with his loving wife.
>>
New thread
>>50552071
>>50552071
>>50552071
>>50552071
>>
>>50552024
He dies a little every day.

She may be loving, but what a shrew....
>>
>>50551632
>>50551685
>Autism Fighter is literally Doomsday
>>
>>50546717
In Sumo the wrestlers are stand ins for gods doing battle or clashing in a metaphysical sense...

So Cleric and Oracle are viable?
>>
File: orc necromancer.jpg (54KB, 564x662px) Image search: [Google]
orc necromancer.jpg
54KB, 564x662px
Hey guys. So I'm trying to make a Necromancer character for an upcoming campaign. I have played pathfinder a couple of times before now, but am not intimately familiar with it. I've done some research and found a few resources for necromancer characters, but nothing particularly detailed. I'm definitely wanting my character to focus on summons and minions, and less spell casting. I'm pretty set on an orc or half-orc because I just really like the idea of orcish magic users. If possible I'd like to be a melee fighter able to summon the dead and commune with spirits and dark forces, rather than a pure spellcaster. Any tips or resources for me?
>>
>>50552308
forgot to mention, my GM is fine with pretty much anything so long as its more or less balanced, so theres not a whole lot of limits I need to adhere to.
>>
>>50552328
Ask in new thread, anon. Link is just above.
Thread posts: 365
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.